[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Space Horror!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 4

File: The Lady.jpg (437KB, 842x1089px) Image search: [Google]
The Lady.jpg
437KB, 842x1089px
so, im about to do a quick 2-3 hour session to fill in for our regular GM while he figures out an ending to our current 2 year campaign, and i need some ideas for bed things that can happen in a haunted space ship, endless hallways, AI's who just don't want you to leave, finding their own corpses, you name it im willing to give it a shot, so, lets get spooky in here.

its not meant to be super serious, or super scary, just a bit of fun to fill an afternoon or two to give our long suffering game master a break.
>>
>>50182745
What system/rules will you be using for the game?
>>
File: 80 Space Skele.jpg (72KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
80 Space Skele.jpg
72KB, 600x450px
>>50182778
to be honest, i was just going to do a "i wanna do a thing" 'that's a hard thing, but you're guy is good at it, roll over 15 on these three dice' "16" 'you barely do the thing.'

probably a bad idea, but mechanics were never my strong suit for GMing, my strength is in improvisation.
>>
File: sputnik lost.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
sputnik lost.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>50182795
You should check out this one-page system.
>>
>>50182814
well that's just perfect, have you used these rules before? does it take long to learn? the other players (and I) are pretty slow at picking up new systems.
>>
>>50182745
Is this part of something more?
>>
File: 1285275252152.jpg (578KB, 842x1090px) Image search: [Google]
1285275252152.jpg
578KB, 842x1090px
>>50182845
Just two pages some kind anon did years ago for this thread.
suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/12180900/

I still remember it. Years later and we still never topped it.
>>
>>50182814
>>50182838
Having glanced at the rules for 1 minute, I understand the system.

Perhaps change the adjectives a bit, allow the players to write something (nothing too broad).
You basically have 4 stats, rated 1-4. Roll that many d6's in a relevant situation, 5+ is a success. Failure will generally result in oxygen loss (representing time lost or panic etc). If that is not relevant, you can always play out wounds. (The creature bites into your leg; When you try to run you will only get successes on a 6.)
>>
>>50182838
>have you used these rules before?
Yes, several times both as a player and a GM

>does it take long to learn?
Not really.

Your four stats are the d6 dice pools you use for checks based on those stats. When you attempt something that calls for a roll, you roll a number of d6s equal to your stat, and any dice that come up a 5 or 6 count as successes. 1 success for a hard task, 2 successes for a very hard task, most things don't require rolls (if it's something a well-trained 1960s cosmonaut could do without difficulty).

Chargen Part C has you pick two attributes to describe your character. Whenever you attempt a task that makes use of at least one of these attributes, then 4s, 5, and 6s all count as successes.

Oxygen is your HP, you lose half an hour of o2 every time you fail a check.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.