[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

EDH/Commander General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 322
Thread images: 48

File: 4bf65839143e2297cdc4294a628513f3.jpg (156KB, 1117x1425px) Image search: [Google]
4bf65839143e2297cdc4294a628513f3.jpg
156KB, 1117x1425px
Your First Commander Edition

Old: >>50110491

RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
http://www.mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
http://www.tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the internet.
http://www.edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
http://manabasecrafter.com/

>CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
http://gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
http://www.magiccards.info
>>
First for be excellent to each other
>>
I'm making a deck based around tutoring for the most extreme hate options I can find.
Obviously Boil isn't going to make you friends with the blue player, but what's he going to do? He doesn't have any lands.
>>
>>50120247
>Is your commander not budget and are you trying to win? You must be a tryhard!
>>
>>50120275
>Implying it would resolve
>>
>>50120298
>implying it isn't protected by 2 pyroblasts and a guttural response
>>
>>50120280
Don't put Damnation in your deck, you tryhard.

That wrath is fine though.
>>
>>50120313
>Implying my deck doesn't consist of 90 copies of force of will
>>
>>50120349
>force of will
>triggered
>>
>>50120280
>not spending 5,000 dollars on your EDH deck
it's like you don't understand the point of this format is to prove you are richer than everyone.
>>
You guys are retarded. There's a stupidly easy counter-argument
>I've been drafting almost every friday for 10 years
>I have gotten good cards this way
>My deck is worth $1k+
>I did not pay for singles just to make a tryhard commander deck

Cost of deck has literally nothing to do with how tryhard you are.
>>
>>50120001
What does saving up has anything to do with tryharding? If anything, it only shows how much he is trying to win.
>>
>>50120469
Real talk I once put a tarmogoyf in my karametra deck for no particular reason other than to see what reactions I would get. Card sucks dick in EDH. When I finally played it everyone just called me retarded for playing a vanilla 7/8. Then I slapped a behemoth sledge and sanic shoes on him and slapped some bitch upside the head and they commented that goyf was too efficiently costed. Kek and a lel.
>>
>>50120533
This argument was made. Their answer was that given two of the same thing, one can be tryhard and another isn't based solely on how it was aquired. Literal retardation.
>>
>>50120550
Somebody who budgets their money and spends it on a card that helps out their deck is not tryhard. That's ridiculous. If he got it as a gift, that's fine, right?
>>
>>50120569
If people weren't complaining about your deckbuilding choices, it wouldn't be EDH.
>>
>>50120569
its an 8/9 now
>>
>>50120695
i groaned at a friend playing a deadeye navigator in his deck but then i somehow managed to beat him with grave betrayal and grave pact so it wasn't all bad
>>
>>50120712
At that time it was a 7/8, we had everything but tribal in the yard.
>>
>>50120298
Yes because clearly everyone has a counterspell for every threat they will ever face. This is why nobody plays large threats in EDH.
>>
File: gig is up.jpg (46KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
gig is up.jpg
46KB, 375x523px
What's your favorite alter?
>>
File: tasipurr the golden paw.png (731KB, 500x680px) Image search: [Google]
tasipurr the golden paw.png
731KB, 500x680px
>>50120964
>>
>>50120550
Some dude essentially getting a present for himself does not strike me as being tryhard in the slightest.
>>
>>50120625
>someone who is trying too hard to win is not a tryhard
If you randomly assorted your cards, and somehow got an exact copy of a deck that won the last big tournament, you are not a tryhard. But if you know that, and still uses it against people who are playing with intro decks, you are just being a cunt.
>>
>>50121050
What if that's the only deck you own? Are you expected to make sub-par decisions and just play like a retard to accommodate them?
>>
>>50121045
Getting a present for yourself is not tryharding. But saving up money just to get a card that will give you the advantage against your opponents is.

In his post, he literally said that he bought that to have a better mana base, so it wasn't just a "present for yourself".

>>50121132
I would just say that it is the only deck I have, and if it is ok to use it. For example, in games like Go, it is a common tradition to give a handicap to the player with less skill(by letting him start the games with more pieces on the board), so that the game is more balanced and fun for both players, maybe I would try negotiating that, giving him 2 or 3 turns of advantage as a handicap.
>>
File: 102.jpg (71KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
102.jpg
71KB, 312x445px
Is this the ultimate evasion spell? The return creature to battlefield is just a bonus.

Though really, I run it just because the flavor alone gives me a boner every time I play it, and 5CMC is still viable for EDH.
>>
>>50121132
well yeah, sort of

i have a monoblack deck that i unintentionally made so good that i intentionally have to slow myself down a bit when i play it. like sure, i'm holding a tutor right now and could probably end the game with a really strong synergy but i'd rather just mess around with the board for a while longer. my winrate is pretty absurd with the deck.
>>
How is this tryhard argument spreading into this thread? It thought it was dying out in the last one. :/

Should I run Piya or P+K Nalaar in Breya? I'm also thinking of running some flicker effects in the deck.
>>
>>50121233
Kind of, since you basically lose the creature if they counter it. I really like cards that exiles and then returns the creature at the end of turn as an evasion mechanism.

>>50121174
>2 or 3 turns of advantage as a handicap
This looks like a pretty decent handicap, I can see some of my competitive decks having a hard time beating weak decks if they are that many turns ahead in the game.
>>
>>50121233
holy fuck this shit is going into my kokusho
>>
>>50121293
The thing is, hardly anyone ever counters evasion. People generally have the mindset of saving counters for spells that would outright win the game or otherwise render the game solved. Especially that FoW when everyone's practically tapped out. I have never seen anyone counter Return from the Underworld.
>>
gonna build Saskia and there's nothing you can do about it
>>
>>50121344
People hardly counters evasion, because hardly evasion wins games. But if you want the ultimate evasion spell, it is because the creature you want to survive will be the difference between winning or losing, and that is the kind of card people want to counter.
>>
>>50121270
Well, no one can say for sure, but I am going to put Pia and Kiran in my deck, they look like will synergize enough, since they give enough thopters to fuel Breya right away.

This is also the reason I added Whirler Rogue too, and on top of that, Whirler Rogue second ability helps me getting through with creatures like Silas Renn, that helps the artifact recursion.
>>
File: The great aurora.png (134KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
The great aurora.png
134KB, 223x311px
What does edhg think about The Great Aurora? personally I love it as a late game equalizer when everyone's board is nuts
>>
>>50121786
Solid chaos effects in green, what's not to like. Broken may board more than once.
>>
>>50121786
I love it as a card, and I built a standard deck around it during eldritch moon but whenever i use it in commander I always seem to end up with the worst board state after it resolves :/
>>
File: wrexial.jpg (35KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
wrexial.jpg
35KB, 223x310px
>>50120207
My first big boy. I don't have that deck anymore, I kind of consider making one again sometimes but ever since I came to the realization he isn't some big fat happy squid it isn't the same.
>>
>>50121050
>>50121174
>whining about someone buying a card
How does it feel being That Guy?
>>
>>50121962
>came to the realization he isn't some big fat happy squid it isn't the same.
How is he not a big happy squid?
>>
>>50121786
I'd rather just play o-stone/perilous vault. This doesn't help you come back if you're behind.
>>
File: 1476203639761.gif (102KB, 440x418px) Image search: [Google]
1476203639761.gif
102KB, 440x418px
Hey guys what do you think of my Hoard Of Notions deck... Do I need to add more tap lands?
>>
>>50122217
Fuck forgot to link deck

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/elemental-notions-2/
>>
File: best commander.png (121KB, 197x285px) Image search: [Google]
best commander.png
121KB, 197x285px
Where can I buy one

And

Is it legal
>>
>>50122061
>whining
All I am doing is trying to teach retards the definition of an expression.
If being a smartass is That Guy for you, I guess I am That Guy now.
>>
>>50122271
Are you kidding me

And

Are you dumb
>>
>>50121174
>Getting a present for yourself is not tryharding.
>unless you intend to use it in your deck

I can't believe there is actually anyone who is insane enough to actually belive this.

I'm glad we don't share a play group. You sound insufferable.
>>
>>50122271
You can't. Only one was ever made, iirc.

And it's not legal in any format.
>>
>>50122292

No

&

Yes
>>
>>50122276
You're not teaching anything. You're just being wrong.

>being a smartass
When we're you being a smartass? Or do you mean you were just intentionally being retarded?
>>
File: Emracool, the Aeons Hip.jpg (124KB, 396x554px) Image search: [Google]
Emracool, the Aeons Hip.jpg
124KB, 396x554px
>>50120964
Love these so much but are there similar alters for the other iterations of the titans?
>>
>>50122315
I am also glad we don't share playgroups, because you can't understand that the same action can have different meanings under different contexts.

>>50122343
So, why don't you go on the internet and look at the very definition of a tryhard? You will see that it is a person who is trying hard to win, when the others are just trying to have fun. And that was the exact context of the original poster.
>>
>>50122321
Google that card, and you will see why your question was dumb.
>>
File: 52.jpg (68KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
52.jpg
68KB, 312x445px
>>50120207
>Your First Commander
Part of me wants to put him back together now that I've gotten a handle on deckbuilding for a 100-card singleton format
>>
>>50122463
>You will see that it is a person who is trying hard to win, when the others are just trying to have fun. And that was the exact context of the original poster.
Except it wasn't. How do you not understand that someone buying a dual land does not mean they're just trying to win and not have fun? That's the whole discussion that apparently went completely over your head. You can still have fun with a dual land in your deck. Buying a card does not make you a tryhard. Only retards think that.

Does your playgroup not try to win at all? Do they stop right before someone loses and pat each other over the back and congratulate each other on how much fun they had? If not, they must be tryhards because they tried to win.

And Bob over there got hid card as a gift, so that's cool. But Jim over there bought the exact same card, what a tryhard dick.
>>
So does buying any card make you a tryhard, or is there a spending limit before tryhard status? Is it cumulative if you buy multiple cards? Is there an expiration?

Asking for a friend.
>>
>>50122747
If you buy Magic cards that can cause or assist in the loss of your opponent or play the game and attempt to win, then you are a try hard.
>>
>>50122788
Also asking for a friend-

He bought a card for a different format but now wants to use it in edh. Is it tryhard? I'm not sure if he intends to win with it or not. Should I ask him first, or just knock his deck on the ground right away?
>>
Ok, what if I buy a card, don't use it in my deck, but then trade it for a card I do use in my deck? Is that tryhard? Wait, is trading in general tryhard? I think we need a pamphlet on this.
>>
>>50122830
If he bought a card it is a sign that he could be a tryhard. If he tries to attack or interact with you in any way other than to jerk you off then he is a tryhard.
>>
>>50122593
He's pretty fun in 3+ games, opponent attacks another opponent with fatty and it gets chump blocked you can bounce the blocker and give the other creature double strike.
>>
>>50122935
You realize the creature would still be blocked even if you bounced the blocker, right? So the double strike wouldn't do anything.
>>
>>50122972
Sorry, should have added that the time that this had happened the creature had trample.
>>
>>50122706
>Except it wasn't
He literally expressed his friend concern that what he was doing was not fun. So probably his friend thinks that he is trying too hard to win by making a deck too strong for their playgroup.

>You can still have fun
You say that as if tryhards can't have fun. Some people have fun in tryharding, and some people don't have fun around tryhards, and that expensive dual land was in his friend definition of not fun.

>everyone tries to win
This is why the term is called "tryhard" and not just "try", there is a difference between someone trying, and someone trying hard.

>Same card gift argument over and over again
You somehow have it stuck in your head that the card is what makes a person a tryhard, when it is the attitude of the person.
>>
File: kynaiosandtiroofmeletis.jpg (56KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
kynaiosandtiroofmeletis.jpg
56KB, 265x370px
I'm thinking of picking up the Null-Black Commander 2016 deck when it comes out. It's looks like it's pretty good out of the box, manabase aside, but I'm still probably going to put about $50-$60 into it. What cards should I cut first from the precon list? I know I'm probably taking the shitty partner legends out, but other than those, I'm not really sure where to start.
>>
>>50123008
So his friend gets to decide whether or not he's a tryhard?

>Some people have fun in tryharding
But you seem to have an extremely low bar in what is a tryhard. To the point where the vast majority of the magic playing community would be a tryhard by your definition.

>there is a difference between someone trying, and someone trying hard
Explain again how the simple act of purchasing a card shifts from just trying to trying hard.

>You somehow have it stuck in your head that the card is what makes a person a tryhard, when it is the attitude of the person
You somehow have it stuck in your head that purchasing a card or having an expensive card in your deck makes a person a tryhard. Buying a card does not create an attitude of tryhard.
>>
I bought a card when it was super cheap, then it shot up in price. At what point did it make me a tryhard? Will I stop being a tryhard if the price goes back down?
>>
File: splendid.jpg (58KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
splendid.jpg
58KB, 312x445px
What commander deck do I give to my son when he comes of age so that I can play with him and the wife?
>>
>>50123117
I think it's pretty clear to everyone that the guy is a moron. Can we please stop arguing about this?
>>
>>50123119
I feel bad for those sad losers who had goyf back when he was under 20$, now they must be uber tryhards
>>
>>50123135
Brago, Meren Or Oloro
>>
>play mimeoplasm with focus being self mill and reanimator to get good creatures to copy with him
>find myself barely casting mimeoplasm and winning through reanimation or just going aggro fast

Should I switch to Tasigur or keep at it?
>>
>>50123042
Two words. Divine Intervention.
>>
>>50123117
Tryhard is anyone who is trying too hard to win when their playgroup is just trying to have fun. It is usually used as a derogatory term because it usually ruins the fun for the others, since the tryhard will win almost all the time.

>his friend decides
His friend has a better grasp of their playgroup meta better than us, and he expressed that adding dual lands would ruin the fun for the others.

>extremely low bar in what is tryhard
By definition, tryhard doesn't have an upper or lower bar. If someone is netdecking and making a deck too strong for his playgroup, he is a tryhard, no matter how much he spent on the deck, how he got the deck, or how strong the deck is compared to tournament-level decks.

>purchasing makes you a tryhard
It's the attitude, not a single action alone independent of context.

>purchasing a card or having an expensive card
Quote me exactly where I said any of those, because I never said it. In the context of the original poster, buying those cards were tryharding, but I never said that anyone who buy cards are tryhards.

>Buying a card does not create an attitude of tryhard.
He had to save up money beforehand because the card is expensive for him, bought the card, told his friend, and his friend showed his concern towards it, and even then it didn't seem like anon was willing to give up on that, so by all means, he is trying too hard to win.

>>50123149
Why don't you bring up an objective and solid argument instead of samefagging? I know you can't, because any reliable source of information is going to tell that you are actually are wrong on what a tryhard is.
>>
>>50123290
Two words: thirty dollars
I wouldn't shell out for a card that loses its appeal after the first time it's used.
>>
File: tryhard.png (44KB, 1720x353px) Image search: [Google]
tryhard.png
44KB, 1720x353px
>>50123411
>His friend has a better grasp of their playgroup meta better than us, and he expressed that adding dual lands would ruin the fun for the others.
You came to this conclusion by literally one line of "Isn't that supposed to be a fun deck."

>It's the attitude, not a single action alone independent of context.
And you have little to no knowledge of the attitude of that person. Just that he bought a card. The fact that he bought a card and his friend made a passive aggressive comment about it is literally all you are going on in calling him a tryhard. It's pretty clear that you think the fact that he bought a dual land made him a tryhard.

>Quote me exactly where I said any of those, because I never said it.
You are trying very hard to convince yourself and everyone that a post about someone buying a card made him a tryhard. Again, him buying the card and a short passive aggressive comment is literally all you're going on in making the tryhard conclusion. This implies that you think buying an expensive card makes you a tryhard.

.He had to save up money beforehand because the card is expensive for him, bought the card, told his friend, and his friend showed his concern towards it, and even then it didn't seem like anon was willing to give up on that, so by all means, he is trying too hard to win.
His friend made a lame little comment. If my friend made a stupid comment that was off the mark, I would be confused also.

>samefagging
Nope. Nice try though. I'm sure it makes you feel better to think I'm the only one who thinks you're an idiot, just like it makes you feel better throwing out tryhard.
>>
>>50123411
You sound like an idiot. Please stop shitting up the thread again.

>>50123514
You're being trolled. Please just stop.
>>
>>50123585
Whatever. I'm tired anyway.

The guy is fundamentally wrong and there isn't any convincing him, so it's just a waste of time.
>>
>>50123514
>pic
Says the guy who edited the page script in inspection mode. But now you will have to reply to me multiple times, otherwise you will be found out.

>"Isn't that supposed to be a fun deck"
He asked that because he doesn't think that the deck is fun anymore. And by anon complaint about his mana base, it is exactly what it is implied there.

>It's pretty clear that it is because he bought the dual land
Strawman. Did you even read the post? I literally said that it doesn't matter what card it is, or how he got the card.

>buying the card
Strawman, I already said that it doesn't matter if he bought it or not, it is the context.

>I would be confused also
Anon showed little confusion towards it, since he said "Why do some people think "for fun" or "casual" means having a shitty mana base and bad cards?", so he knows exactly what his friend is talking about.
>>
>>50122747
This is such an arbitrary notion that really isn't worth exploring.

If you are that concerned, pay close attention to your playgroup. Find out who continuously dominates games and see what is different from him and other players. I can almost guarantee it isn't just expensive cards.

Remember, the best way to approach problems is communication, so speak DIRECTLY with your group about any issues you may have, maybe even in private if appropriate.
>>
>>50123234
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/that-old-graveyard-magic/

Deck for reference. Not really seeking feedback but if you know better replacements I will appreciate them
>>
>>50123714
>not really asking for feedback
>asks for feedback

uhhh...

You've posted this before as well, so I'm not really sure what you want. If you want a reanimator deck, I'd say put Sidisi at the helm instead with a bit of tweaking.

btw Glissa's scorn still only destroys artifacts.
>>
>>50122089
I always thought he looked different than his art let on like some fat towering kraken thing and dug it. He looks mighty pissed in the art but to be fair he could be basically playing in a bigass bath tub with wood boats instead of rubber.
>>
>>50122881
>buying cards
What a tryhard. I don't even buy boosters, I scout under the tables for all the cards that people throw away.
I got my dices that way too.
But uh.. they paid for the cards, is that tryhard? I once found Demonic Pact, is it paid for the FoW moneys?
>>
File: 1478326168431.jpg (59KB, 655x527px) Image search: [Google]
1478326168431.jpg
59KB, 655x527px
>>50123759
>still forgot to update the list

Fuck my bad and sidisi a shit.
>>
>>50123673
Says the guy who edited the page script in inspection mode. But now you will have to reply to me multiple times, otherwise you will be found out.
I have no idea what that means. I'm in incognito mode if that helps. But keep thinking I'm the only one that disagrees with you. That's cool.

He asked that because he doesn't think that the deck is fun anymore. And by anon complaint about his mana base, it is exactly what it is implied there.
Doesn't think the deck is fun anymore... Because of the inclusion of a dual land. Really? That's retarded. If that's the case that shows that the friend has the attitude of a whiny little kid, not that the purchaser has the attitude of a tryhard.

>Strawman. Did you even read the post? I literally said that it doesn't matter what card it is, or how he got the card.
Your entire argument is a strawman based on reading way too much into a post. You are coming to the conclusion that some anon is a tryhard based ONLY on the fact that he bought a dual land for his deck. That's literally it. A logical conclusion from that would be that you think buying a dual land is being a tryhard because that's literally all you're going on.

>Strawman, I already said that it doesn't matter if he bought it or not, it is the context.
The context is only that he bought a dual land for his deck.

>Anon showed little confusion towards it,
Anon showed a lot of conusion. "...It is (still a fun deck)."

>he knows exactly what his friend is talking about.
He is asking why is friend is being whiny and complaining about something so minimal.
>>
>>50122747
Being a tryhard is always subjective to your playgroup. Just ask your friends what they think is fair and what they consider tryharding.

In my playgroup we have agreed that our deck total shouldn't pass $100, so we don't have any butthurting because of price, and if one deck start winning too much, the game starts as archenemy whenever that player uses that deck because of multiplayer politics. So far those rules worked pretty great for us.
>>
>>50123777
>Sidisi a shit

WOOOOOOOOOW, I respect your opinion.

If it feels like it's working, I'd keep at it and just keep tuning the list to better use Mimeoplasm while still playing towards your reanimator strengths. Best of luck, Sultai bro.
>>
>>50121786
It depends on how big you go with your mana. Great with Wolfbriar Elemental, Grave Titan, Darien King of Djeldor, Prosh etc. Special mention to Avenger of Zendikar, who usually dies but people ignore the plants. Anything that helps you put more stuff into play, usually tokens, but also land rampers like Azusa/Oracle of Mul daya, Crucible of Worlds or Rings + Fetchlands, or reanimation effects like Sepulchral Primordial.

I've seen games go either way. It deals with the board in many situations, sometimes people draw for 18 and only get three lands and sadface, other times it helps a screwed opponent get back into the game with lands and action whilst also removing serious combo threats off the board. Also be aware that it may be Reverberated/Twincast etc, giving everyone more mana to use after the shuffling is finished. Time Stop hurts.

Expensive, Powerful, Unpredictable. Awesome card
>>
>>50123826
Its not that I dislike Sidisi its just that I don't want to make the typical sidisi deck. I'll try switching with tasigur and see what happens.
>>
File: Girls.png (490KB, 449x401px) Image search: [Google]
Girls.png
490KB, 449x401px
>>50123673

Did you really just accuse someone of editing the page script just to samefag you?

Just wow.
>>
>>50123789
>Because of the inclusion of a dual land.
It is more than that, it is the fact that anon is willing to save up money just to make his deck more competitive, regardless of what his friend considers fun.

>ONLY the fact that he bought a dual land
>this is the only context
Did you forgot the part where his friend was concerned towards the deck not being fun anymore?

If all anon posted was "I bought a dual land" it would ok, not much could be implied here other than he bought a dual land.

But the fact that he tried hard to get the card to make his deck stronger, his friend said he didn't consider it fun, and dissatisfied with that, posted it here showing no regard towards his friend opinion, this is where I implied he is a tryhard.
>>
>>50122881
Do your playgroup consider that whatever are you doing is trying too hard just to win? If yes, you are a tryhard, if no, you are not.
>>
>>50123965
>It is more than that, it is the fact that anon is willing to save up money just to make his deck more competitive, regardless of what his friend considers fun.
How is putting a few bucks aside in order to buy cards for a hobby you enjoy being a tryhard?

>Did you forgot the part where his friend was concerned towards the deck not being fun anymore?
No I didn't, I mentioned the one passive aggressive comment that you're basing your entire argument on many times.

>But the fact that he tried hard to get the card to make his deck stronger
Again, adding a card to your deck to make it stronger is not tryhard. That's what tweaking your deck is. Are people who ask for advice on better cards in these threads tryhards? By your definition, they are.

>his friend said he didn't consider it fun
One passive aggressive comment that made his friend sound like a whiny kid.

>and dissatisfied with that
For very little reason.

>posted it here showing no regard towards his friend opinion
His friend's opinion was shit. It's also one friend. It's a multiplayer format. If his other friends had complained, it's reasonable to think he would have mentioned them as well. More than likely they didn't think twice about it.

>this is where I implied he is a tryhard
And you were just wrong, as explained many times.
>>
File: ItTakesASingleMinute.png (40KB, 521x176px) Image search: [Google]
ItTakesASingleMinute.png
40KB, 521x176px
>>50123901
>>
>>50123965
On second thought, you're right. Buying a card for your deck shows that you're an obvious tryhard. Slowly adding cards to your deck as you come by them wanting to make your manabase more consistent is blatantly being a tryhard. It wasn't just a buzzword thrown out in frustration like rationalizing babies often do.

You got it buddy, we're thoroughly convinced. Good game. I'm going to bed.
>>
>>50124041
>How is putting a few bucks aside
This part here is pretty important " regardless of what his friend considers fun."

>No, I didn't
Then why do you keep forgetting, and saying that he only mentioned buying the dual land?

>people asking for advice
As I said before, no context. Could be, or could not, it depends.

>More than likely his other friends
Now you are just making this shit up.

>And you were wrong, as explained many times
It wasn't. You kept on going about how you think that I think that people are tryhard because of dual lands. I even went and explained exactly what I implied from that post, and you did nothing to say where I was wrong in it.
>>
>>50124072

>accuses of samefagging
>screenshot of not samefagging
>but you messed with the script just to fool us!

What a special little guy you are.
>>
File: glissa.jpg (31KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
glissa.jpg
31KB, 223x310px
>>50120207
OG commander was B/G goodstuff with (barely) some artifact synergies. Eventually she turned into the GitGud Toad and now is one of my best decks.
>>
>>50124108
>rationalizing babies
You seem to have a trouble with things that rationalize.

I will say this one last time

"Buying extremely good and expensive cards and adding them to your deck does not make you a tryhard"

"Not caring about what your playgroup considers fair and fun, and going out of your way just to get an advantage over them is being a tryhard"
>>
>>50124238
Ok, you baited me one last time.

I'll say this one more time too.

"You cannot conclude from the post you are referring to that he went out of his way just to get an advantage over his playgroup without considering their feelings"

"Your entire argument is based on you reading way too much into the post and making things up. Based on the fact that all you're going on is a guy buying a dual land and his friend making a passive aggressive comment that sounds like it was completely out of place and came as a surprise to that poster, it's logical to conclude that you are calling him a tryhard for buying the dual land. A conclusion that is backed up with you continuing to argue that he's a tryhard without any sort of evidence to go along with it."
>>
>>50124176
>>50124041
No idea why this is such a heated topic. Valid points for different situations on all sides.

Tryhard player? (Because this is the real problem, agreed?)

(A) At least let them have a game or two on your meeting days, to get it out of their system. Then let them swap out. They build it with time and money, and it's meant to be played. Easy.

(B) If it's so bad, then you wouldn't be the only person who hates it and complains about it. Go find some tech (most tech is very cheap to buy) and fight back on the table. Easy.

(C) If other people you play with casually, and regularly, also voice a similar opinion that deck XYZ is fucking with everyones game day, refer to (D).

(D) If they want to be tryhard, be it Eye of the Storm every game, Power Artifact every game, Narset every game, Hard Stax every game, Necrotic Ooze every game, then drive the point home.Complain about it, negotiate about it, strongly suggest they break it apart for a new deck (which they won't), tell them its fucked and it's shit to play against, tell them to save it for League, offer them something else to play. Refer to (A). Easy.

If this doesn't sink in and your 'friend' just wants to be a tryhard at the expense of *everyone's* enjoyment, I would re-evaluate this 'friend'. Having an Arms Race is not always a bad thing. Either way you'll have to adapt or ride it out until it ebbs (which it will).

Having a tryhard deck doesn't mean you have to play like a tryhard, unless prizes or league points are on the table. The tryhard line can be blurred between pilot and deck but its usually easy to see where the real problem rests. (thats rhetorical)

Now shut the fuck up and post some sweet tech and stories
>>
>>50124348
>You cannot conclude that he went out of his way
"I saved up some money", if he had to save up money to buy the cards, he definitely went out of his way.

>get an advantage over his playgroup
"that deck was for fun", he is going to put that card in his deck, and afaik, it is going to be an upgrade to his deck.

>without considering their feelings
"Why do some people think "for fun" or "casual" means having a shitty mana base...", he isn't considering that maybe his friend is right and that deck is not going to be fun anymore.

>your second argument
All explained above. I even used quotes directly from the poster, and exact reason why any of that is implied, if you disagree with any of them just point out exactly where, instead of going vague with it.
>>
So, which commander 2016 deck are you guys going to buy? Or you will just scout the singles?
What do you want them to do for the commander 2017?
>>
>>50122935
I should rebuild him. I always forget that you can give other things double strike. My only issue is that you usually have to blow through your whole hand when you want to kill someone with commander damage, and then you're left in topdeck mode until you hit a draw spell.
>>
>>50124526
Already preordered Entropic Uprising for that sweet ogre wizard action. A chromatic lantern doesn't hurt either.

Hoping for allied colors for 2017. I really don't hope to see more partner, as I feel it has too much potential to either break the format in half or just be a whole bunch of nothing.
>>
>>50124526
I heard someone talkin about some special commander product to be released, that included a Derevi deck, Kaalia deck, and two others I can't remember, obviously being more expensive than the original commander starters.

No idea how true that is or what it would include, though. I'm hoping they simply print some price relief cards like Horizon Canopy, and more political stuff like the 'you and opponent do X thing' rather than outright power cards.
>>
>>50124502
Here's the exact post

>Hey anon! I saved up some money and just got my dual land in the mail!
Unless the guy is a complete dick, this shows that he had no idea his friend would be against it. Saving up for card is completely fine despite what you seem to think. The opinion that it's not ok still confuses me. The fact that he seems to have excitedly gone up to his friend saying this tells me that he wasn't going out of his way to fuck over his playgroup.
>I thought you said that deck was for fun?
This is the friend passive aggressively saying the deck will no longer be fun. Because of a single dual land added. Apparently a land tapping for one of two different types of mana tipped it over the edge.
>...it is.
Shows that the guy was perplexed by the friend's response which is completely understandable given the fact that a single dual land is being added.
>Why do some people think "for fun" or "casual" means having a shitty mana base and bad cards?
This is a good question. I've seen many instances of people being called tryhard because someone improved their mana base. It's become a buzzword that is losing meaning because of people using it in poor situation such as this.

Your argument is based on the guy saving up money, one person's single sentence comment, and a big stretch of a conclusion.

Saving up money to buy a card for your deck is fine. I have no idea why you think it wouldn't be.

His friend's comment (again, one single person who made a weird comment that seemed out of place) was just blatantly whiny.

His question was legitimate based on his friend's weird reaction to him getting a new card.
>>
>>50124526
I am still divided between Yidris, Atraxa, and Breya. And if I don't buy Breya, I am certainly going to get a single of Hanna in the new art that is gorgeous.

I am hoping for more partners in 2017, but just a single cycle of it, I don't want it to occupy too much design space. As for colors, the only one still missing are the allied dual colors, so I am expecting them.
>>
>>50124526
>So, which commander 2016 deck are you guys going to buy?
All of them because I'm a richfag and I'm assuming the basic lands will be expensive to buy single.

>What do you want them to do for the commander 2017?
More partners to fill more archetypes. A good multicolor "taunt" general similar to Fumiko. A good multicolor "color fuckery" general similar to Blind Seer. A good fucking Boros general.
>>
>>50124526
My group is doing a stupid thing to fix the power level of our group that requires us to get 2 of the 2016 decks and make only 10 edits between the two. For myself I'm getting yidris even though his deck is pure garbage besides vial smasher and chromatic lantern and breya so I can finally build an artifact edh deck
>>
>>50124618
>some special commander product

You mean the commander anthology?

http://magic.wizards.com/en/content/commander-anthology-info
>>
>>50123995
One of the players think that I am trying hard, one doesn't care, and the other doesn't think I am trying hard enough.

Am I a tryhard?
>>
What kind of fixing should I run in one of the 4 color decks? Should I do it through creatures sense I'm in green or just mana rocks.
>>
>>50124734
If all you need is just simple fixing, the rocks and lands should do. But a bit of ramp never hurts.
>>
>>50124734
Careful not to try too hard.
>>
>>50124734
Mana rocks just get Vandalblasted. If you have green why use them when you can just put lands into play? Except the best of them, like Sol Ring.
>>
>>50124734
Check your colors. Depending on which colors you have more of will help determine which lands to run. Run about 4-5 mana rocks consisting of sol ring, chromatic lantern, signets, khan banners, and shard obelisks.
>>50124778
>>50124813
>>50124835
And ignore these faggots as they are most likely shit at edh
>>
>>50124935
You're suggesting khan banners and obelisks and you're calling others shit at the game?
>>
>>50124734
Darksteel Ignot.

It used to be a staple in every deck, now I don't hear of too many people using it for some reason.
>>
>>50125048
Oh, also Coalition Relic. That's one of my favorite artifact ramp cards.
>>
>>50124935
Don't listen to this faggot, he seems to run in some scrubby meta without much artifact hate (and doesn't even seem aware of DS Ingot, Manalith, etc).

Run your Sakura Tribe Elders, Nature's Lore/Wood Elves/Three Visits into Forest shocks etc., Sol Ring, DS Ingot and Lantern, then if you have some ramp slots to fill you can start looking at more rocks.
>>
File: Image.jpg (31KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
31KB, 223x310px
>>50124526
I'm not picking up any of the pre-cons for C16. I wasn't too thrilled with how the 4-color decks turned out, and I'm not a fan of partner.

For C17, I'm hoping they go back to wedges. Although allied colors haven't been done in Commander product, there are already a bunch of allied colored options. I think we can hold of another year or two before getting more allied color legendaries. Or, they can do another Commander's Arsenal for some sweet reprints.

>>50120207
Pic related.
>>
File: be6.jpg (13KB, 224x216px) Image search: [Google]
be6.jpg
13KB, 224x216px
>>50125034
>rock that produces 1 of three colors is better than rock that produces 1 of two colors

Well fuck. You sure showed me
>>
>>50125078
How about rocks of the same cost that produce all four of his colours?
>>
>>50124734

I don't highly recommend using Bounce lands, but they are available and cheap to obtain. For straight fixing, there's cards like Prismatic Omen, Shard Convergence, Mycosynth Lattice etc. Probably not what you want.

Ramp fixing is usually best. I usually stay away from 3cmc rocks, but honorable mentions go to Chromatic Lantern, Darksteel Ingot and Spectral Searchlight. In green, also Harrow, Sylvan Caryatid, and Bloom Tender. If you have fetchlands and Panoramas available of any type, Crucible of Worlds and Rings of Brighthearth also help.

Green has good ramp to get land into play, although it depends on your costs and how hard you want to ramp. Cultivate effects ramp and ensure a following land drop, Far Wanderings and a few others are a simple fixer but more powerful if you can meet the conditions, Skyshroud Claim or Explosive Vegetation are stronger but double green costed.

Creatures like Wood Elves, Sakura-Tribe Elder, Birds of Paradise etc are useful for creature effects or skullclamp/sword effects. Oracle of Mul daya are good if you have cheap follow up plays (Mul daya isn't really a fixer, but helps with fetchlands).

I would suggest a mix of rocks and other spells. Ingot, Searchlight, Lantern, Harrow, Cultivate, Caryatid, Panoramas and cheap fetches, Tender ($), Crucible ($), Rings ($), actual fetchlands ($)
>>
>>50125048
>>50124935
>>50124835
>>50124813
>>50124778
Thank you all for your suggestions. For you I have a last question, I am stuck at an impass.
I wanted to build a deck for the homo commanders on release and just do goodstuffs.dec but then I had my heart was stolen by Vial Smasher the Fierce (paired with Ludvice) for some grixis "free" or cost reduced spells. The idea is I'd run things like pyrokenises and force of will, and a bunch of the other pitch spells and 2/colored-mana spells to get massive value out of VS.
Which sounds like a more fun deck to run?
>>
>>50125093
Did I not post lantern? Why does it matter I didn't list coalition relic and darksteel ingot, you tryhard faggot?
>>
>>50125109
What kind of play group do you have?
>>
>>50125114
I suggested relic and Ignot and I'm not the one you're freaking out at.

You need to fucking settle down, kid.
>>
>>50125114
>Why does it matter I didn't list coalition relic and darksteel ingot
Because hopefully we're giving this person good advice instead of telling him to run Banners and Obelisks over Wood Elves, Elder, Ingot, etc.

>you tryhard faggot?
Ah shit, you were just trolling. You got me.
>>
>>50125109
Considering that homo commanders are basically a generic group hug deck, I would go with Ludevic Smasher.
>>
File: 1478124376760.jpg (95KB, 594x800px) Image search: [Google]
1478124376760.jpg
95KB, 594x800px
>>50125158
>>50125171
>oh shit I got called out
>better call him a troll

This is pathetic, why are you fags pissed as easily as modern players?
>>
>>50125157
Not a real one but a good couple guys at the LCS are regulars. There are 2 "put shit in my yard", someone doing the new phyrexian super friends, and a Gisa and geralf deck.
>>
Who is the best Monoblack commander and why is it this nigga

[splr] Also please help me build him [/splr]
>>
>>50125206
There is enough good fixing cards better than banner and obelisks. There is really no point in mentioning them as any decent deck won't use them.
>>
>>50125171
>just trolling
I think it's just the same faggot who was shitting up the last couple threads.
>>
File: kalitastraitorofghet.jpg (42KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
kalitastraitorofghet.jpg
42KB, 265x370px
>>50125252
Wow, I really fucked that up.
>>
>>50125252
You could start by adding black to his mana cost, so he can actually be a black card. I also recommend downloading magic set editor for it.
>>
>>50125109
Lewd & Smasher seems to sound more fun to you so you should go with that. Far be it from me to know what you'd find fun.
>>
>>50124686
Awesome, thank you for link. Probably. Am fishing for more info and will reply again soon
>>
>>50125265
Bloodghast and Gravecrawler seem like an obvious inclusions.
>>
File: #1.jpg (34KB, 249x344px) Image search: [Google]
#1.jpg
34KB, 249x344px
>>50125265
Amazing, yes.
Best? Pic related
>>
File: 1464714862191.jpg (39KB, 492x388px) Image search: [Google]
1464714862191.jpg
39KB, 492x388px
>>50125206
Yes, Obelisks/Banners are better than Farseeking/Wood Elvesing into shocklands/slowlands and my ass is red from your beating.
>>
>>50125287
>>50124686
Nvm, found the info. Thank you!
>>
>>50125321
Don't forget Murmuring Bosk, depending on your colours.
>>
>>50125321
>bringing up lands in a discussion of mana rocks

Holy fuck are you dumb? Just give up.
>>
Guys can you post some spells that can be cast for free in grixis?
Hard mode, no force of will
>>
>>50125383
Pacts obv.
>>
>>50125391
>pitch 0 damage at a random enemy
Golly that's just what I needed.
>>
Can I run pontiff of blight with thraximundar as commander even though the pontiff has half a white mana ability?
>>
>>50125383
Why not just get omniscience so you can cast for free all the time?
>>
>>50125419
yes

reminder text for abilities doesn't count for color identity
>>
>>50125378
>discussion of mana rocks
It was about mana fixing in general.

>inb4 jokes on you, I was purposely being retarded!
>>
>>50125405
You asked what you can cast for free and I answered you. That'll be five bucks.
>>
>>50125439
In after, you mean.
>>
File: emrakool.jpg (56KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
emrakool.jpg
56KB, 540x960px
>>50122419
>>
>>50125460
Are you retarded?
>>
>>50121233
>theros was bad!
>wow theros was a flavor fail!
>No good cards came from the entire block!
Yes, as a matter of fact I am still salty. Theros was goddamn great. Appreciate it.
>>
>>50125383
"Rather than pay" is the wording for casting things for "free", search that in MTG Info.
>>
>>50125048
There has been a shift to using 2cmc-mana rocks and avoiding 3cmc rocks besides lantern for speed. Cultivate does the job of most 3cmc rocks better if you run green. Mass artifact destruction is actually dropping off, so indestructability is less of a perk. I wouldn't be surprised if MAD becomes the new "MLD is degenerate" meme.
>>
File: 30.jpg (67KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
30.jpg
67KB, 312x445px
>>50125383
Hellcarver Demon
Djinn of Wishes
Galvanoth
Master of Predicaments

cascade
suspend
cheatyface
>>
>>50125520
>Mass artifact destruction is actually dropping off
Well, depends on the meta. I have a Kruphix brown tribal and Feldon deck in mine so we run as much artifact hate as possible.
>>
>>50125520
Other than signets, what are some good 2cmc mana rocks?
>>
>>50125556
Fellwar Stone.
>>
>>50125544
The metas I have attended are usually content with 1-2 spot removals for artifacts. I think mass artifact hate is extremely underrated since mana rocks are such a huge part of edh.
>>
I love you guys
>>
>>50125556
Talismans (extremely underrated), Fellwar Stone, Mindstone, Thought vessel, ColdSteel Heart (still frees up your 3 drop)
>>
>>50125542
Hellcarver is so close to what i want but it making me sac Smasher ruins it.
>>
File: This_took_too_long.png (2MB, 1917x891px) Image search: [Google]
This_took_too_long.png
2MB, 1917x891px
>>50122419
>>
>>50125877
That Kozilek one bugs me. It doesn't follow any of the formatting of the original Beatnik Titans, and it makes no sense to boot
>>
File: 635399045570729432.png (211KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
635399045570729432.png
211KB, 265x370px
Is Hornet Nest any good?
>>
What are the best X cost cards in EDH?

I'm partial to Blue Sun's Zenith
>>
>>50126166

Green sun's zenith
Chord of calling
Sphinx's revelation
Rolling earthquake
Genesis wave
Mind twist
Rakdos's return
>>
>>50126166
Exsaguinate and Extrasanguinate.
>>
>>50126061

I wouldn't say it's good overall, considering how the card is almost completely blank in a combo or control matchup, but there are definitely situations in which it shines and the more casual/Timmy or beatdown-based your playgroup is the better the card will be
>>
>>50126166
I've always had a thing for Debt to the Deathless. Great finisher if you can pull it off.
>>
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/17-06-16-mogis/

I made this a while ago and forgot about it. Are decks like this fun to play? Should I actually build it?
>>
File: kaervek-the-merciless-cropped.jpg (142KB, 464x664px) Image search: [Google]
kaervek-the-merciless-cropped.jpg
142KB, 464x664px
People always give me shit for running Kaervek but play equally faggy commanders like Augustine IV, Child of Alara, Niv-Mizzet, among others.

Heavily considering dropping EDH altogether at this point.
>>
File: 150.jpg (50KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
150.jpg
50KB, 312x445px
>>50126166
Accept no substitutes.
>>
>>50126408

What do you mean "give you shit"?

Also how are these commanders "faggy"?

I think posting on 4chan is a good sign that you may have autism and therefore you are more likely to have shitty autistic friends and therefore you are more likely to have weird meaningless friction in your edh playgroup.
>>
>>50126166
Diabolic Revelation
>>
>>50126408
Why do you tell us? Tell them that their commanders are equally as bad. Don't drop EDH, >>50126423 is probably right and you have some kind of social retardation. You need as much social interaction as possible.
>>
>>50126166
>>50126222
Green Sun's Zenith, Chord of Calling, Wargate
Genesis Wave and Villainous Wealth
Sphinx's Rev
Exsanguinate
Altered Ego

I would argue Stroke of Genius is 'better' than Blue Sun's Zenith, only because its usually used with infinite colorless mana; the lower color requirement makes it 'quicker'. Being in graveyard may also matter for things like Snapcaster and Yawg Will.

Mind Twist, whilst above average to amazing, makes mortal enemies fast.

Kessig Wolf Run isn't a spell but I've had it destroy me more times than I care to remember
>>
>>50126520

>mind twist makes enemies fast

Yeah, dickless, depressed enemies that are likely scooping soon
>>
>>50126166
Death Cloud isn't useful in a lot of decks, but it's pretty devastating when it is.
>>
>>50123135
>What commander deck do I give to my son when he comes of age so that I can play with him and the wife?
>>50123135
If you're asking for a dead simple deck for a kid, perhaps Nylea? If you want something a little more sophistocated, perhaps angry omnath. Regardless, big dumb green is a fair call.
>>
File: FFC5rST.png (207KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
FFC5rST.png
207KB, 265x370px
>>50126166
>>
>>50125497
People like you are the reason we get so many bad sets you bottom feeder.
>>
>>50125069
>allied colors haven't been done in Commander product
2013?
>>
File: LuXunScholarGeneral.jpg (35KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
LuXunScholarGeneral.jpg
35KB, 223x310px
So right now, I'm running a toshi deck which is 50-odd kill spells, a couple of demons who play off of stuff dying no particularly viable wincon, but still having a blast.

Would a similar idea, making a deck of 50-odd counterspells and 10 or so "fixer" cards be any fun? Anyone have any experience?
>>
>>50126771

He meant allied pairs
>>
What are some good wincons for a Zedruu deck? Currently I only really have Psychosis Crawler, Niv-Mizzet and Felidar Sovereign. Transcendence sounds funny but doesn't really cut it in a turtle/lifegain deck.
>>
>>50126810
I know there is an enchantment out there that has the same effect has sovereign, can't remember the name though.
>>
>>50126810
Illusions of Grander, any creature that has their stats be equal to your hand size, conflagrate, nahri into a eldrazi titan, Sahellie into your favorite 3 artifact combo (Blightsteel + lightening greives + evasion equipment)
>>
>>50126845
Test of Endurance. Not a big fan of it though since it will most likely draw tons of hate unless I'm over 50 already by the time (which doesn't happen often). Felidar does too but the enemies will have much less time to respond.

>>50126855
Illusions of Grandeur doesn't sound bad but I'm worried that if Zedruu gets pounded then it's a deader than dead card.
Saheeli and Blightsteel are a tad over the budget for this deck.

Another thing that came to my mind is Primordial Ooze, which like Grandeur depends on Zedruu yet is 3 mana cheaper, though I'm worried about biting me in the ass big time if it actually kills somebody. Maybe if I ran Bazaar Trader for more donation redundancy?
>>
>>50126895

>primordial ooze

Dude you can't honestly be considering that, wtf?

You're gonna wait 40 turns and then donate it to kill one person?

Idk why you're making this so complicated just steal people's stuff and kill them with it, if you use trade spells to do this it's even better
>>
>>50126895

Also wtf? How are you even considering playing zedruu without bazaar trader?
>>
>>50126943
I wouldn't donate it after waiting, but give it away early and let it slowly eat my opponent to death. Like a Jinxed item but faster since it works like cumulative upkeep.
>just steal people's stuff and kill them with it
This... doesn't really synergize with Zedruu at all or am I missing something?
>trade spells
Better, but Gilded Drake is fuckexpensive unfortunately.

>>50126953
Because 90% of the shit I give away are enchantments, which the Trader doesn't do. I have a few dedicated creatures like Goblin Cadets that give themselves away on their own, so the Trader is generally redundant there too.

The biggest issue generally isn't the opponent having not enough of my shit, but Zedruu having a gigantic target on her face and me not always having Lightning Greaves/Swiftfoot Boots handy.
>>
File: Cheese.jpg (25KB, 237x334px) Image search: [Google]
Cheese.jpg
25KB, 237x334px
>>50126845
You're thinking of Test of Endurance. There's also Celestial Convergence and Divine Intervention.

>>50126810
Insurrection
Decimator Web
Dark Depths + Urborg
Opalescence + Homeward Path

Cards like Bribery and Aquire can help you steal combo cards, and clones or raw theft can get the other piece from play if its a 2 card wonder.
Laboratory Manic is doable.

Aetherflux Reservoir or Helm of Obedience with Rest in Peace or Rings of Brighthearth. All decent by themselves, common enough to Copy Artifact and Aquire/Thada Athel.
>>
>>50126995

Stealing people's stuff doesn't make you draw cards with zedruu but it synergizes with him in that your deck can be lacking in heavy hitting win cons because you're already planning on using your opponents stuff

If you're not using puca's mischief and cultural exchange and stuff like that already you're doing it wrong, steal effects just supplement that, gilded drake is expensive yes but there are plenty of alternatives

Bazaar trader just massively increases zedruu's draw trigger quite easily, you should always have a spare land to give away anyway. It's definitely unfortunate though that he can't give away enchantments
>>
I can't decide what to build for my next deck. I'm torn between Mardu-all-the-removal-spells control and Abzan you-cant-kill-me-ill-live-forever using a combo as a wincon.
>>
>>50127081

I remember you posting this exact question ages ago, like at least two months ago. Idk why you want us to decide between two vague descriptions, without even any decklists to look at

Just draw up the decklists for fucks sake and test them on cockatrice or just by yourself on tappedout
>>
>>50127036
I find it that I never have enough creatures out for Cultural Exchange to be particularily effective. At best I trade like 2 guys for 6 mana, screw that, Zedruu herself can do that for the same (albeit color intensive) cost without wasting an extra card slot.
Puca's Mischief is actually a great idea, have Avarice Totem for stealing shenanigans but this seems much more reliable.
I placed Acquire as filler in the deck but I'm yet to try it out in practice.
Laboratory Maniac only synergizes with Thought Lash from my decklist (and Zedruu upkeep deckout I suppose)
>Aetherflux Reservoir
For 1v1 definitely nice, but multiplayer it could most likely just kill one guy and leave me to die from everybody else.
>Helm of Obedience with Rest in Peace
Wouldn't Helm of Obedience be more effective without Rest in Peace at all? If I reveal Emrakul by chance then I could just grab him as a wincon by itself and not bother milling my opponent at all.
>Rings of Brighthearth
Not quite seeing the interaction here?
>>
>>50127126

>trade 2 creatures for six mana is bad

Zedruu gives your creatures away, which is cool if your creatures suck, and you draw, but trading them is strictly better

Also I don't think you understand the rest in peace helm combo if you think it would be better for you without rest in peace
>>
I've had an artifact deck for almost as long as I've played commander and it's gone through a bunch of changes of over the years (Hanna to Shu-Yun to Mishra) and now that Breya'a being released, I'm changing it up again. Here's my current WIP list. Just looking for any missing tech. It's kind of light on tutors, but I'm not overly worried about that.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/08-11-14-trinkets-and-treasures/

I am curious about whether or not I should add Riddlesmith. It's a good way to fill the graveyard and my hand at the same time, but I can't think of what to remove for it.
>>
>>50127146
>but trading them is strictly better
Yeah realized after I typed the post that Cultural Exchange also gives me other players' creatures. Still I'm very skeptical about it, as the cost is really big for what presumably will end up being a glorified Control Magic with an extra Zedruu shekel point attached (because giving away my Wall of Denial or Windborn Muse doesn't seem like a good idea under almost any circumstances). I have Chromeshell Crab as a poor man's ersatz for Gilded Drake and Cultural Exchange and most games I don't even bother since he's so mana intensive.

Oh, missed the "until X cards are put into that graveyard" clause, makes more sense now. I don't think I'm in the right colors to run it though, black appears to have more efficient cards for it like the Leyline or Planar void.
>>
File: 1459182403986.jpg (55KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
1459182403986.jpg
55KB, 312x445px
>>50120964
>>
>>50127213
this is my favourite edit of all time
>>
>>50127200

Idk my friend runs the combo in his zedruu deck and of the 3-4 times I've seen him win with the deck (maybe played like 15 multiplayer games with it), all have been with the RIP-helm combo

Rest in peace is really the best card for it, not sure why you think those other cards would be better

Chromeshell crab is more expensive than cultural exchange and it targets, so it's basically strictly worse. Cultural exchange can steal hexproof creatures, also just multiple creatures. You can give them a steel golem and a bazaar trader and take their Vorinclex and archetype of endurance

Anyway there's also a new Kaladesh card that trades stuff, and there have been many printed in magic history that are worth considering, the Chromeshell crab is one of the worst
>>
>>50127200

Planar void doesn't even combo with helm
>>
>>50127272
I find the crab is good in a deck with other morphs, I run it in a deck with kheru spellsnatcher and willbender.

People know I'm going to steal/fuck with something but they never know specifically how.
>>
>>50127114
Sorry anon, that wasn't me. I dont regularly post, and when I did it was asking for help with my mono white equipment voltron deck.
But you have a fair point, Ill try to brew some lists first. Could you suggest what commanders would be best for those respective decks, though?
>>
>>50127272
Do you have a decklist of some sort? Perhaps I could snatch an idea or two from it.
>Cultural exchange can steal hexproof creatures
This is a nice argument though. I'll probably be including Kazuul when the new commander set comes out, so I'll consider it if it proves to generate enough tokens for the trades to be good enough.

>>50127292
Dang, thought it was a replacement effect all this time. Never mind then.
>>
>>50127319

You used the exact same wording so I know it was you, even the same hyphens, but anyway

Kaalia could be good for your mardu deck, I've always thought she works best if you slow roll her and not run that many fatties, play a grindy mardu card advantage game

or maybe Ravos + bruse

For the Abzan deck I think Karador sounds appropriate, though I'm not entirely sure I grasp your description, sounds like you want Abzan pillow fort? Maybe anafenza hate effects with a pillow fort focus would be preferable
>>
>>50127356
Well shit, so either I've been sleep-shitposting or I have a kindred spirit somewhere here on /tg/
For the abzan deck, yeah I want to build a pillowfort, gain lots of life and laugh at my opponents. I considered Anafenza stax before but I was worried about drawing too much hate. I also thought about wall tribal but Doran doesn't really excite me.
>>
>>50126061
It's funny with something like Blasphemous Act.
>>
>>50127126
k so, Rest In Peace means nothing hits the graveyard. Activating Helm for X=1 means you steal nothing because nothing hits the grave, long story short bye-bye library and do not sac the Helm.

With Rings of Brighthearth, you can pay an extra 2 mana to copy any activated ability of yours. Zedruu ability, pay 2 along with 1 life to gets two lands from a fetchland, activate Helm of Obedience or Aetherflux Reservoir or Planeswalkers twice, etc etc
>>
>>50127200
If you are playing Zedruu and want to open with free Leyline and Elightened tutor for Helm, maybe you're playing the wrong deck. The Zedruu I know would prefer to have a 2 mana combo piece he can draw into, rather than a 4 mana piece to abuse on a Vancouver mulligan keep
>>
>>50125383
commandeer is bae
>>
Daily reminder that if you plan to play 4 color and don't have the fetches, don't even bother playing it.

You don't deserve to play 4-5 color decks if you can't afford the manabase.
>>
>>50127628
Well that much is quite obvious seeing that I neither currently play the Helm nor is Leyline in Jeskai colors.
>>
>>50127718
Daily reminder that people like you are ruining Commander for everyone
https://youtu.be/k8_NmCUXyiU?t=23s
>>
>>50127850
EDH was never intended for poorfags.

MTG Commander killed the format
>>
File: captcha-possibly-related.jpg (4KB, 300x57px) Image search: [Google]
captcha-possibly-related.jpg
4KB, 300x57px
>>50127889
>EDH was never intended for poorfags.
Is that why you can make a strong competitive deck for 20 bucks?
>MTG Commander killed the format
Except without it you wouldn't even consider running a 4 color deck because you wouldn't have a general for it.
>>
>>50126803
>Would a similar idea, making a deck of 50-odd counterspells and 10 or so "fixer" cards be any fun? Anyone have any experience?

that's basically what spymaster edric's flying men.dek is
>>
>>50125497
I didn't play during the Theros standard and I can still tell you the set was low leveled. As for edh there's a lot of playable shit because edh is about playing with Jank you find cool which was most of Theros.

Theros as a plane seemed pretty rad though.
>>
lmao if you don't run a fully foiled 5000 dollar animar combo deck that seeks to end the game at turn 2 at the latest
>>
>>50120207
>first commander edition
Anowon, the ruin sage. I started in alara but didn't buy a whole lot of cards then because lel high schooler no money. I started working odd jobs and buying more cards when zendikar released, then when a friend told us about EDH and we decided to try it I decided to stick with vampires because they were working for me in 60 card kitchen table players.

The deck was awful. But anowon was moderately powerful there and everyone cussed about his ability.
>>
>>50127909
>compeitive

You just keep proving my point.
>>
>>50128085
Now I don't even know what your argument is. But you keep sounding more and more like a generic shitposter
>>
>>50127909
>because you wouldn't have a general for it.
The nephilims have been used as unofficial 4 color commanders for a long time.
>>
>>50125383
Not free, but big CMC for cheap:

Bedlam Reveller
Treasure Cruise
Dig Through Time
Gurmag Angler
Taisgur
Hooting Mandrills
Metalwork Colossus
>>
>>50128125
>unofficial
There you go
They didn't make for very good generals either. Not saying that the new ones are particularily great (all except Breya seem boring af) but at least their abilities have a bigger scope and are better for building around.
>>
>>50128154
>official 4 color
>mattering in original edh

Newfags, everyone
>>
>>50128212
You sound like you're complaining that there's more variety to the game.
>>
>>50128212
EDH was never an "official" format until wizards started printing the Commander Series, so EDH was basically a house rules format.
>>
>>50121233
It's nice, but I prefer victimize. Obviously not for the same reason, though.
>>
How many/what equipment, if any, do you include in a non-voltron commander deck?
>>
>>50128307
Oops, meant to reply to >>50128154
Also, I like how Commander is an official format now, and they have been giving cool tools for it.

>>50127889
>not intended for poorfags
It was entirely intended for collectors, it didn't really matter if you were a poorfag or not, as long as you had cool cards you wanted to show.
>>
>>50128333
Boots or greaves. What's the commander?
>>
>>50128333
Greaves/Swiftfoot Boots, Clamp, Sunforger if running something in W/R
>>
>>50128339
>Also, I like how Commander is an official format now, and they have been giving cool tools for it.

i think wizards actually damn near ruined the format with the 2013 commanders. commanders created to be commanders were a mistake.

the thing they should have done is try to fix the color imbalance with cards that are only viable in commander (buff R and W in commander, but only in commander)
>>
>>50128362
No specific commander, just wondering if anyone considers any particular equipment to be all around staples. Boots/greaves seem like the most obvious inclusions
>>
>>50127718

Jokes on you, I'm gonna do the artifact deck and don't need your expensive manabase.
>>
>>50120207
My first EDH I built was Vorel of the Hull Clad

It was shit. I switched it to Tasigur, then Ezuri when it came out. Still is now my least played deck
>>
>>50128387
Yeah, I agree that they have some shit ideas, like Oloro and Derevi from 2013. But I think they have done more good than harm with the commander series.
>>
File: 42.jpg (64KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
42.jpg
64KB, 312x445px
>Table constantly whines about politics and all it takes is one attack to start a shitfest.
>Commanders get wrecked the moment they breathe so much so that it becomes almost impossible to cast them out.
>Which in turn leads to boring dragged out games.

So i'm looking for ideas and builds that just fuck over everybody at the table equally and happened to chance upon this humble fucker with a shit eating grin. Right now the current gameplan is to soft mill everybody at the table with various artifacts and enchantments that forces additional draws while i turtle up behind counterspells and boardwipes.
>>
>>50128884
Purphoros Goblin tribal with a splash of elementals.
Don't forget Krenko, Mogg Infestation, Burn at the Stake, Descent of the Dragons, Curse of Bloodletting, and Elemental Mastery.
>>
>>50128884
Build Keranos control with all the nice enchantments, mass bounces like Sunder and big resets like Obliterate. Also run Decree. The Cycling ability is absolutely insane
>>
>>50120207
Does anyone happen to have an alter to Tariel that doesn't have maximum edges? I want to use her but her art fucking repels me.
>>
>>50123042
Asceticism and Sigarda, Herons Grace make you practically untouchable when you combine them with the "pay to attack" Enchantments already included in the deck.
>>
>>50129222
But the art is the coolest thing about Tariel. You're already playing the edgiest color combination, why pretend otherwise?
>>
>>50129222
>not using the only nipple in MTG
>>
>Be me
>Testing new Sidisi
>Swinging in with a 48/48 Lord of Extinction and a few zombies
>Before combat, cast Overwhelming Stampede to be sure the whole table dies
>Look to my left and see Meren player sitting there with a Spore Frog that I had forgot about
>He wasn't smirking or looking smug or anything, but I know he was on the inside
>He sacs it, no damage
>About to pass my turn when I remember my Altar of Dementia (ironic)
>Sac Lord of Extinction and three zombies and target Meren with Lord of Extinction, 2 zombies for Zedruu, 1 zombie for Nekusar

Good God that felt good. I had never considered using Altar as a way to mill my opponents. It was always just fuel for the Sidisi machine. I ended up losing to the Nekusar player, but I don't even care.

That aside, is Lord of Extinction really worth the pricetag? I was just proxying him up to test for this deck. I feel like he'll end up being chump blocked a lot unless I do something to give him trample like with Overwhelming Stampede, which I won't always have. My only other way to be sure I get damage in with him is with Jarad saccing him. Would I be better off with a different fatty like Pathbreaker Ibex?
>>
My playgroup is pretty big and when we have 6 players the majority usually wants to play 2HG commander, which I fucking hate. What kind of deck can I build to either close out games fast or make them at least switch from 2HG to 3-man pods once in a while.
>>
>>50130018
I'd recommend sewer nemesis, it's pretty good especially since you can choose yourself. Nothing is as satisfying as throwing it at everyone with Jarrad or xathrid demon while you have a big yard. Spinterfright can also be nice because it mills you a little every turn and has trample.
>>
>>50128333
Pretty much just Boots/Greaves and maybe Skullclamp if I have a lot of little guys. A sword every now and then if I have room for it. Usually Feast and Famine to avoid black kill spells and being pure value. I'd only include a sword if you have ways to abuse artifacts though.
>>
Someone wants to laugh at my deck 'building" right? Give me some feed back while you're at it?
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/adjusted-yidris-deck/
Also what can I do that would more encourage the tappedout lurkers to comment and be helpful?
>>
>>50130078
Yeah, I've been using Splinterfright and he's worked well. My only big concern is with Lord of Extinction because he only ever ends up being a big dumb fatty with no other upsides besides being absolutely massive if I have no way to give it flying or trample (I run Wonder because I have a lot of self mill).

Sewer Nemesis looks great though, so I'll try him out. He feeds Sidisi and gets huge, so he's not just a big idiot. Most of LoE's power was coming from my grave anyway since I play a lot of dredge.
>>
>>50127718
I can afford them, but I don't want to be a tryhard.
>>
>>50130036
A good infect deck can really shut things down fast in my experience, especially if you're playing 2hg and your ally has spells that play with counters or prevent you from being blocked. Or perhaps you could talk your friend into building slivers with you.

>>50120207
>Your First Commander Edition
The first edh deck I ever used was a Mimeoplasm + mill deck that was good fun, but I didn't build it. First one I ever built was around Scion of the Ur-Dragon, and it was my baby.
>>
>>50127718
You can make 4 color pretty easily without them. if you're in green, basic land manafixing is easy, and then there's shit like signets and Chromatic lantern. You can also run shit like Evolving Wilds and Terramorphic Expanse too. And the new 4 color decks come with cards with basic land cycling. Your manabase doesn't need to be super expensive. Hell, even lands that ETB tapped are fine most of the time since it won't matter in most games.
>>
>>50130036
Go infect with Skittles and have your partner through in a Tainted Strike or Phyresis if he's in black.
>>
>>50130249
*throw in
>>
>>50128307
>implying it didn't have rules before it became an "official" format.

Anything can be a house rules format unless you're playing at a tournament. Nothing changed when it became official. The same people are in charge of the rules, and minus some tweeks, the rules are very similar to before it was "official." Your post makes little sense.
>>
File: nissarevanecomparisons.jpg (58KB, 700x600px) Image search: [Google]
nissarevanecomparisons.jpg
58KB, 700x600px
>>50129923
There's this similar one.
>>
>>50120207
I think it was ghave but it was saprolings and fungus counters. My first commander was in 2011 or 2012 so i forgot exactly who it was.
>>
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/the-queens-court-3/

Can I get some advice on this deck? Literally first attempt at an EDH deck without trying to break the bank too much. Only ever played once before with a friends deck, but I really dig the Monarch mechanic and wanted to build an EDH deck around it.
>>
>>50130122
Sphynx of uthuun is nice too because it's fact or fiction on a flying stick. Fact or fiction effects are nice in graveyard strategies in general because your opponent knows tjat they have no good choice because you want things on your yard.
>>
>>50130434
here's some random stuff that comes to mind

you could use both more ramp spells and mana fixing. i'd put in stuff like signets and commander sphere (get rid of manalith). around 10-12 ramp spells would be fine.

likewise you don't have that many draw cards. relying solely on monarch isn't really a good idea, unless you're very confident in your pillowfort.

there are some cards that are a bit weird for your deck. what do you intend to do with a single recur card like raise dead? even if you had a recur theme, raise dead is among the worst cards for that. if you want to incorporate recur into your deck, then put lots of recur cards into your deck (like 9 to 14), not just 1 or 2. that way it'll be easier to create synergies in your deck

also, what do you intend to do with scourge of the throne? you obviously don't intend to win through combat damage.

similarly stuff like fiery fall is extremely bad for edh. like really, really bad.

i'm guessing this deck is mostly assembled from random conspiracy 2 cards that you had lying around. even then, you should buy some good cheap singles online.

of course none of this matters if you play in a very casual meta and you just want to play some cards and call it a day
>>
>>50128884
May I suggest Purphoros goblin tribal? Either that or Nekusar.

There's nothing you can do to one person that you aren't doing to everyone else.
>>
>>50123135
something with potential and 3 colors with a very much not perfect curve and card pool, make him work on it so that he will learn and love it for what it is
>>
>>50130674
don't build purphorous. or nekusar. you'll hate yourself after a couple of games. if you don't, then at least everyone else will.

fat blue guy seems like a good idea to be honest, or maybe something group sluggy like kokusho.
>>
>>50130727
>Implying Nekusar isn't group slug
>inb4 Nekky and Purph are """tryhard""" commanders
>>
>>50130765
But they really are.
>>
>>50130724
This. If you want him to really get invested in it, let him learn and optimize it on his own. He may come to you for suggestions, but that's more time spent bonding over it. If he tastes defeat, he'll want to improve and he'll become a better player gradually if he learns what does and doesn't work.
>>
>>50130765
my point was that they aren't fun to play or play against. nekusar and purp decks are all the same with the same exact gameplan every time. nekusar plays "draw extra card and take dmg xd" and wheels, purp plays tokens and an impact tremors

with something like kokusho, you can still basically do the same thing but at least pretend that your deck does other stuff too
>>
File: 1477829272603.jpg (33KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1477829272603.jpg
33KB, 480x360px
>>50130727
I built a purphoros with the intention of making people angry cause they love playing control and pillowfort.
>>
First and best.
>>
File: prevent enough.png (273KB, 445x311px) Image search: [Google]
prevent enough.png
273KB, 445x311px
>>50130765
>>50130806
>>50130830
>>50130966
My go-to is monowhite pillowfort, and while I don't mind seeing Purph or Neku, it does mean I have to mull until I get a silver bullet or two. Also, while finding card images, I stumbled across sphere of law, so I may very well have to make room for it.
>>
>>50129446
>edgiest color combination
>not blue/black
>>
File: Image (18).jpg (33KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image (18).jpg
33KB, 223x310px
>>50120207
Daxos of Meletis.

Speaking of, I'm thinking about building him all over again, but with a totally different feel. My idea is:

Assault Suit Style w/ Lantern of Insight
My first idea for rebuilding this guy is a !!fun!! politics-ish deck that shares the love. Not sure what the other elements to the deck will be outside of cards like Spy Network and Puca's Mischief, or if I'll even focus down forced gift-giving/hand-reveal.
>>
>>50124686
>tfw no animar reprint
>>
>>50131057
I use thalia for monowhite and i spam cards that increase the cost for spells, only 1 spell per turn, etc. I have soldier support to pump her up and throw in cards that spam soldier tokens. And cards that bring 1 creature back to the battlefield once per turn. Very fun but it's hit or miss cause its monowhite and its a pet project.
>>
>>50131171
It annoys me how they reprinted some of the 2011 commanders in the 2016 decks but not all of them. The 2016 decks got a lot of lopsided reprints in general, like how Breya got a planeswalker but none of the others did. In fact, Breya got a lot more legends than any of the others did.
>>
>>50131207

I noticed this too, it bothered me that there was just one planeswalker.

But what REALLY rustled my jimmies is that Chromatic Lantern was not in all 5. That card needs to be printed as often as Commander's Sphere
>>
>>50130549
I'll look into some better options for mana fixing. That's basically the reason Fiery Fall is there to begin with. I don't think I'd ever use it for anything other than land cycling.

and as for Raise Dead I just wanted something cheap to grab from my graveyard if I needed it, but I could probably find something more useful to fill that spot
>>
>>50120207
I first played when the rules stated you had to use an actual Elder Dragon.

I loved the deck. Esper goodstuff. Wasn't very good, but I loved it.

Wish they'd pay homage in the next commander set and either revive the elder dragons or reprint them with new art.
>>
Any solid Boros commanders? I play kaalia and love gisela. But Boros seems like such a hard color to play in edh.
>>
>>50131513
my friend has an adriana deck and it's okay. it's still a boros deck so lmao no draw and lmao only combat, but it still has a fairly high chance of killing players and winning overall. there are usually more threatening players on the table so that helps him
>>
>>50131513
no
>>
File: 78[1].jpg (60KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
78[1].jpg
60KB, 312x445px
>>50131513
>Any solid Boros commanders?
Yes, one.
>>
>>50131549
>>50131572
I kinda like figured as much, oh well ion hunt for some GW or GR commanders.
>>50131595
Call me an idiot but I'm not seeing how you utilize this
>>
File: 1478219035001.jpg (40KB, 342x298px) Image search: [Google]
1478219035001.jpg
40KB, 342x298px
Are there any obscure or underused etb creatures in U or G? I'm tuning up my Newzuri list for this Thursday and it's focused on toolbox creatures that trigger Ezuri. Anything spicy that anyone would recommend?
>>
>>50131491
How did you discover the format back then?
>>
>>50124526
Upgrading BUG into Atraxa for the ultimate Proliferate evil. No infect though.
>>
File: 2016-10-22-12-42-15-945619900.jpg (10KB, 178x248px) Image search: [Google]
2016-10-22-12-42-15-945619900.jpg
10KB, 178x248px
>>50131513
I built Aurelia when she first came out, and she's still one of my favorite decks.
>>
>>50131595
Does she have much of a direction other than goodstuff?
>>
>>50131621
>>50131716
You can run Marchesa as the only black card in the deck and then dominate in combat with the rest of the Boros cards. She's just there for the card draw. You literally only have to cast her once and then you get a free card every turn for the rest of the game assuming you don't mess up the combat.
>>
>>50131716
Stacks. If no one can attack you again you get 2 cards a turn.
>>
>>50131664
My college friends introduced me. I think they got it from where it originated from on some forum.

Not sure, but has anyone else here built around the original elder dragons? And success?
>>
File: picture_new.php.jpg (192KB, 480x680px) Image search: [Google]
picture_new.php.jpg
192KB, 480x680px
>>50120207
>Uril
Mah nigga!

>>50130087
Your mana base is a mess. You're in green, but you aren't playing Birds of Paradise, Kodama's Reach, or Cultivate. No shocks makes Wood Elves a bit underwhelming, but Sakura-Tribe Elder, Farhaven Elf, and Sylvan Ranger are still fine inclusions. Lose the non-green tap lands and for God's sake don't play Rupture Spire.

The bigger issue is that your deck seems like a pile of cards that doesn't have a real game plan. Yidris is really flexible and can work for Voltron, control, combo, fair, or some combination of the above, but I'm not sure what this 99 is supposed to do. As far as generic suggestions, any of the above wants Scroll Rack, Sylvan Library, Ancestral Visions, Brainstorm, Worldly Tutor, and probably Mystical Tutor, but that's as much as I can suggest without a clear strategy in mind.

>Also what can I do that would more encourage the tappedout lurkers to comment and be helpful?
Include a picture with your posts. I'm not joking.

>>50130036
Purphuros tokens. You'll hit both heads with each ETB trigger.
>>
>>50131786
I'm still not following , you have to have her etb under your opponents Control so you can get the free assasin...I get that she enables black draw power bit if you don't get the 1/1 death touch what's the point?

Or am I really just reading this that poorly?
>>
>>50131860
>if you don't get the 1/1 death touch what's the point?
>Or am I really just reading this that poorly?
Yes.
>>
>>50131513
i play the new avacyn in a control/voltron build. basic strategy is control the board by flipping avacyn, with cards like mark asylum that protect your creatures, and cards like basilisk collar, and repercussion that make her flips even more devastating.
>>
>>50131860
If you are the monarch and someone deals combat damage to you, they become the monarch, it can get passed around.
>>
File: en_OFPgMTjwcu[1].png (159KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
en_OFPgMTjwcu[1].png
159KB, 265x370px
>>50131860
I'm guessing you're not familiar with the monarch mechanic?
>>
>>50131513
The new 2 mana one is actually pretty good because it can come down before a turn 4 Armageddon/Cataclysm and it gets bigger as you cast more mana/stax rocks
>>
>>50131886
>>50131899
Now it makes sense, sorry I wasn't familiar with monarch.

>>50131879
It works now that I know how monarchy works
>>
>>50131656
I'd say the best one to use is edhrec
>>
>>50126166
kaervek's torch and villainous wealth are my favorites, but vw doesn't have synergy with any of its commanders
>>
>>50126166
Diabolic Revelation
Sigil of Distinction
Toxic Deluge
>>
>>50126166
Empty the pits
>>
So what's the best of the new precons?
>>
>>50131786
So she's basically there just for the extra card draw per turn? I wanted to be more excited about her.
>>
>>50132543
The one that you like the most
>>
>>50132543
They all seem pretty shitty to me, but every podcast I hear about them keeps exclaiming how they are the best ones yet. I don't get it.
>>
>>50132596
And thats the reason everyone rips on Boros. It doesnt do anything exciting outside of combat.
>>
New thread
>>50132766
>>50132766
>>
>>50132688
But she's not boros, she's Mardu. Or did I miss the point?
Thread posts: 322
Thread images: 48

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.