[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/CofD/ &/wodg/ Chronicles of Darkness and World of Darkness

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 369
Thread images: 18

File: mm.jpg (125KB, 599x999px) Image search: [Google]
mm.jpg
125KB, 599x999px
Previous Thread: >>50077847
>Pastebin:
http://pastebin.com/7sSgGVPH
>Because that faggot wont stop asking for it
http://pastebin.com/u/Aspel
>News
http://theonyxpath.com/release-roundup-october-2016/
>Mage 2e Errata
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxveHUKxwBU9UUZ4UjZJdEhIM2c/view?usp=sharing
>new mega
https://mega.nz/#F!rFIDxRRK!IEzkLlroRoPwmDqtxKRMsw
This week's Monday Meeting Notes:
http://theonyxpath.com/pumpkin-bombs-of-info-for-halloween-monday-meeting-notes/
>Question
I've heard that some people make their own cities to run their games in. Do you?
>>
>>50093351
>I've heard that some people make their own cities to run their games in. Do you?

Yep. My setting is 'River City' a mashup of New Orleans, Memphis, and St. Louis with a touch of Louisville.
>>
http://www.strawpoll.me/11514746
>>
File: make.png (247KB, 540x517px) Image search: [Google]
make.png
247KB, 540x517px
>>50093351
>I've heard that some people make their own cities to run their games in. Do you?
I have to! We're playing neolithic Dark Age.
>>
>>50093351

I do. Canon bloat is a problem with both iterations of the WoD So I typically use Castle Rock, New Hampshire as a dedicated setting for my shenanigans.

It's a city of Approximately 2.5 million people on that tip of New Hampshire that touches the Atlantic.
>>
>>50093351
I run my campaign in the city my players and I live in concurrent to real time.
>>
>>50094050
inb4 call of cthulhu inspiration?
>>
>>50094380
Castle Rock (Maine) is Stephen King
>>
>>50094397
Still awesome. Big SKing fanboy
>>
>>50093351

My aborted Wraith chronicle was an Paradiso, a vaguely not-quite-Los Angeles city.
>>
>>50094682
BURN OUT PARADISE
>>
>>50094706
It's Burn Out PARASITE. Did you even read the wrapper?
>>
>>50094380
More like big Nathaniel Hawthorne Inspiration. Think Young Goodman Brown and the like.
>>
>>50093351

Question: If I make a Hunter game and I want to add a beast in the story, can one of the hunters become a hero for a while until they kill the beast?

Will the hunter go back to normal after he/she kills the beast?
>>
Q: Is there anything in either setting akin to a true-LG Paladin? As in, someone that would by code defend anyone or anything regardless of what they may happen to be so long as there's no evidence levied against them as to being an actual monster by their actions? In example, even if they were to encounter a Nagaraja that needs to consume human flesh, they'd still protect them from some extermination-minded cunt so long as the Nagaraja wasn't serial killing to get their meals.
>>
>>50094993
No. Also, Heroes get their powers from killing Beasts.

If you want to add Heroes and Beasts, here's my advice:
Don't.
I mean, as I always say: Use what you have, don't bring in additional books.

So take what you know about Beast and use Dread Powers, or make up new powers based on what you know from other books (I'm fond of using the Physical Disciplines from VtR2e).

Although generally how it works is that Beasts upset the Primordial Dream when they feed their Hungers, which can cause distress to humans who are sympathetic to the Primordial Dream. Those are Heroes. The ones with low Integrity seek to kill, while those with high Integrity seek to heal.
>>
>>50095225

But Hunters are all about hunting other creatures from the dark, how am I not going to bring other books into the mix?
>>
>>50095259
Dread Powers. Common sense. The Horror and Nightmare creation rules in the corebook.
>>
>>50094993
yes, ignore points to the contrary. just remember that once a the hunter starts adding hero merits, they're going to feel weird. and not completely normal again. the Cell maybe seen as cancerous. and the hero might become rabbit in her obsession

Going back to normal afterwards? don't know
>>
>>50095259
You can bring in fluff. Don't bother with the crunch. There's plenty to work with in the Hunter books (and new core).
>>
>>50095225
I will heal the world, by stabbing the fuck out of the shit head murdering children out in the witch's hutt
>>
>>50095379
That witch did nothing wrong. She's an honest small business owner trying to make a living in this economy.

>>50095354
The term is rabid.
And for him to have a player be a Hero, he'd need to read and understand Beast, and what being a Hero means. Or, you know, he can just do whatever he wants using mechanics already in Hunter and use Beast as nothing more than a source of ideas.
>>
>>50095451
Conning off parts of your house as 'Hard Candy' is not exactly an honest living
>>
>>50095532
What do you have against job creators?
>>
>>50095561
OSHA has leaved multiple complaints and sanctions against BabaYaga's facilities, for not being up to code. How many times do we have to hear of child labor, animal handling cages, fire hazards and repeated missing handle bar on walk ways along side said fire hazards. I swear that furnace stove Combo will be the death of her
>>
File: Assamite Methuselah.jpg (88KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Assamite Methuselah.jpg
88KB, 1440x1080px
Should I equip my character with gear that I think is cool, even if it doesn't suit the character thematically, or should I just make a new character that uses it?
>>
>>50095614
Levied.
But I laughed all the same, anon
>>
Any good quest or story with the mc being garou or were-[animal]? Want to read some to understand how does it work.
>>
File: corgyHappy.jpg (64KB, 615x614px) Image search: [Google]
corgyHappy.jpg
64KB, 615x614px
>>50095685
fairs fair. my spelling is a little off tonight
pic related
>>
>>50095210
Mummy: the Resurrection was big on that, with a Morality meter called "Ma'at" that was all about truth, justice and universal balance.
>>
>>50095741
This is the Reddit list of recorded games. Mileage may vary.

https://www.reddit.com/r/WhiteWolfRPG/comments/4l068a/world_of_darkness_game_play_videos_and_podcasts/
>>
File: 829782.jpg (533KB, 850x601px) Image search: [Google]
829782.jpg
533KB, 850x601px
>>50093351

I do, as the plot I have is woven with the city's history and why the various factions have holds in the different districts. I wanted a New England feel, so I chose New Hampshire since I love the scenery.
>>
File: gotham-poster-9.jpg (291KB, 1035x1500px) Image search: [Google]
gotham-poster-9.jpg
291KB, 1035x1500px
I don't run anything, but I've got city ideas, yeah. I wish there was some good city creation software, or at least a way to do Google Maps stuff over an image. I know there's maps of Azeroth and shit like that.

But my city is a mix of New York, London, and Tokyo, with a second twin city that's closer to Vancouver and LA. One big island and another place in the rolling hills and mountains. Maybe a bit of Seattle in there. I should really flesh it out a lot. It's mostly just geographical 'feel' that I've used, and made up locations as they were needed.

I also wanted to use Gotham for that Werewolf game that fell apart. I never feel comfortable using real cities or fictional cities because I'm always uncomfortable not being 100% or even 50% accurate. But Gotham's had so many different incarnations I can do whatever I want.
>>
>>50095210
That's how I Hunter.
>>
>>50095210
>Q: Is there anything in either setting akin to a true-LG Paladin? As in, someone that would by code defend anyone or anything regardless of what they may happen to be so long as there's no evidence levied against them as to being an actual monster by their actions? In example, even if they were to encounter a Nagaraja that needs to consume human flesh, they'd still protect them from some extermination-minded cunt so long as the Nagaraja wasn't serial killing to get their meals.

In WoD, there's an organisation of regular jewish vampire hunters known as "The Judges". Their primary concern is with vampires that delve into Lilith-worship and demon-worship (which is in itself pretty much just all about torturing yourself and everyone around you).

They're not above working with other vampires to destroy these groups, and it helps that Lilith-worshippers and Infernalists alike are pretty reviled by all other vampires, and while these alliances never last beyond the destruction of said vampires, the Judges honor their words and their deals. In this fashion, they're far more "moderate" and "lawful" than nearly any other hunter organisation, as the Judges are perfectly okay with leaving a vampire to their own ends so long as they're not a chaotic/neutral evil murderhobo who kills for fun.

That said, a Judge is probably still gonna try to take your head off if they witness you taking blood from a mortal against their will.

Their main base is located in Israel, but they venture out worldwide as well to safeguard the jewish people wherever they may be found.

You can read more about them in the "Hunters Hunted II" book.
>>
File: mm juggalo.jpg (97KB, 525x552px) Image search: [Google]
mm juggalo.jpg
97KB, 525x552px
>>50095905
>>50096017

Am I the only one around here that sets games in their hometown?!? Hard to be inaccurate when you know it by heart, easy for players to visualise if they've been there before.
>>
>>50096610
I know Gotham City better than I know my hometown, and I'm not even a big comic reader.
>>
>>50096650
Really?
Enough to rattle off suburbs, where the commercial district is in relation to major landmarks, minor locations and miscellaneous small franchises? In a city that abandoned all planning requirements, you can convincingly recall what building juxtapose with what and where? You know, all the stuff they change from writer to writer (and media to media)?

If you've got a definitive version you're going with, and you know it backwards, more power to you. The issue I see is playing a game with that one guy that read in Detective Comics there were tunnels under the Theatre, and promptly turning the harrowing "escape the burning building" scenario into a leisurely stroll down a tunnel to safety.

2nd problem, what about all the Heroes and Villains that make Gotham what it is? It's not really Gotham without them.
>>
>>50096721
It's more that I know nothing about my hometown because I'm a shut in NEET.

>2nd problem, what about all the Heroes and Villains that make Gotham what it is? It's not really Gotham without them.
The game ended before I'd barely completed prologues, but the idea was to turn them into NPCs that were CofD filtered. Here's the setting document. I'm tempted to flesh it out further so that people could play in it, even if I'm unlikely to run anything any time soon.

The first Hunt was going to be Solomon Grundy, who would more or less be an Extempore.
>>
>>50095210
In Reckoning it isn't unusual for hunters to be goody goodies.

Old mummy has been mentioned.

Salubri are very often super goody goodies, though there are vague allusions about Saulot having delved into darker arts (it was probably Tzimisce, though, due to explicit fleshcrafting happening). Still, in Gehenna Saulot is back to being a good guy out to save the world.

VtR had a goody goody Septemi bloodline that was about reclaiming real Christian values for vampires against the nega-Christianity of the Lancea Sanctum, as well as being general vampire vampire hunters.

Children of Gaia in WtA were both usually sickening do-gooders and had powers exactly appropriate (calming people down, looking like an angel in crinos form instead of a horror, healing others, subduing others nonlethally, protecting yourself with a nimbus of light).

Khaibit in VtR are not portrayed as sickening do gooders, but they are described as dark heroes who fight against owl demons, with no implication that they do anything negative or malevolent.

Etcetera.
>>
>>50097118
>>50095210
I'm also going to point out that in Reckoning, while there is a reputation of hunters being "Kill em all, let God sort them out," in reality the only hunter who were super aggressive were Avengers, Martyrs, and of course the horrific Waywards (who could force other hunters to BECOME berserk extremist types).

Visionaries weren't so much soft as about learning first and foremost. Innocents and Redeemers were both EXTREMELY powerful and open minded to sometimes dangerous levels (an Innocent and Redeemer in a group could make them essentially indestructible).

Defenders are just focused on defending, obviously (their neighborhood or their friends and family or whatever), and Judges are just focused on... judging whether a monster is guilty (by their standards).
>>
>>50097118
>Still, in Gehenna Saulot is back to being a good guy out to save the world.

Except the Gehenna books are objectively shit, and should be disregarded by anyone who doesn't want to make any Gehenna-related chronicles into pure crap-fests.

The upcoming Beckett's Jyhad Diary book, going by the numerous previews of the chapters, offers a lot more fun potential scenarios involving Saulot and the whole savior and/or antichrist thing, both good and bad.

Heck, the same applies to all of the antedeluvian schemes in the book; it doesn't go into Gehenna's "herp a derp, the apocalypse MUST happen, everything is shit no matter what, we r so edgy, olololol"-shit, instead it offers loads of plothooks involving ancient methuselahs and antedeluvians and potential ways a Storyteller could plan out these scenarios and how the players could be able to affect the outcome of these scenarios, potentially even slowing down Gehenna or ending the threat of Gehenna altogether.
>>

No, i dont. I usually use city books, and change whatever i need or think is shit. It helps me to think around something than creating something entirely new.

Unless of course is complete shit like Rage Across New York.
>>
Who here listens to the Lore podcast? Its fucking great! every episode either gives you ideas for a WoD campaign or you hear the myths that inspired a lot of WoD stuff. Like the most recent episode was about Elves and Changelings.
>>
>>50097172

>objectively shit

This is WoD metaplot stuff dude, "xyz obviously sucks" is not a valid criticism since its all pretty much maximally retarded to begin with.
>>
>>50097118
>with no implication that they do anything negative or malevolent.
Except for the "being vampires" part. I'm not saying you have to be an asshole, I'm just pointing out that most are.

Septemi are awesome. They're another Bloodline I want to do in 2e.
>>
>>50097271

>being vampires

well the context was a "poor, misunderstood" nagaraja being protected against prejudiced people, so I don't have any comment on that
>>
I have a friend who swears Kuei-Jin are supposed to be able to spend Demon Chi to get the effects of BOTH extra actions and potence -- that is to say, that if they spend 5 Demon Chi, that they would get 5 extra actions, with 5 automatic strength successes added to each action. My interpretation is that its one or the other.

This is contrary to my interpretation. Thoughts?
>>
>>50094050
CoD has canon bloat? I always feel super free while designing my shit.
>>
>>50096610
I've played in games ran in my hometown, but it always tended to get a little silly. We'd end up visiting neighbours or players houses, or we'd go to the school we all used to go to for reasons and find out a teacher was a zombie or a cultist or something and it always got a bit a silly.
>>
>>50097499
Reminds me of concerns in the early '00s--post Columbine--of people modding DOOM to have their school and classmates.
>>
Anyone have a good link to Mediums: Speakers with the Dead? Curious because it has some stuff for Spectre servants (not any Dark Arcanoi though)
>>
>>50097408
Well, here's what the book says:

>The character can channel some of the Demon's might into his own endeavors. For each point of permanent P'o, the character is considered to have one point of temporary P'o, or "Demon Chi"; Demon Chi can be "spent" on extra actions (as if the Kuei-jin were employing Celerity), extra damage successes (automatic, like Potence), and extra Strength successes (again, automatic). A Cathayan may spend no more Demon Chi per turn than her Stamina score. A Cathayan may spend no more Demon Chi per turn than her Stamina score. Once spent, Demon Chi is gone for the remainder of the night. However, the character typically regains some or all of it when she reawakens next evening; upon awakening, she may roll P'o (difficulty 6), and each success returns a point of Demon Chi to the pool. Demon Chi might also be gained in place of regular Chi if the character feeds at a site of defiled Ghi (see p. 139).
>~ Kindred of the East rulebook, p. 91

The wording seems to imply (to me) that each point of Demon Chi can be used to boost one aspect, not that each point of Demon Chi imbues the Kuei-Jin with an extra action AND an extra damage success AND an extra strength success.

So if he wanted to get an automatic success AND an extra strength success AND an extra damage success at the same time, he'd have to spend 3 points of Demon Chi and he'd need 3 points of Stamina.

But hey, that's just my opinion. If you're the Storyteller, tell him "this is how I rule it, now suck it up". If you're *not* the Storyteller, he has the final say in how to run his story, and players are free to stop playing said story if they don't like it.
>>
>>50097819
Sorry, meant to say "an extra action AND and an extra strength success AND and an extra damage success".
>>
>>50097466
Some people can't reconcile so many game lines fitting in a world and think every small town has a Consilium, Protectorate, Domain, etc, all brimming with every Pack, Order, Bloodline, Lineage, Infrastructure there is.

So they call it bloat.
>>
>>50097173
>Unless of course is complete shit like Rage Across New York.

Or Rage across Australia. Or World of Darkness, 1st and 2nd Editions. Or Berlin by Night. Or....

Yeah, you're really better off coming up with your own stuff. You couldn't research it any worse than White Wolf did in '96.
>>
>>50098066
The exact same thing happens with oWoD. The individual books imply that while other supernaturals are out there, the numbers and nature vary when compared to their gamelines. For example, In Vampire the "Lupines" are considered to have a ubiquitous presence in the wilderness between cities, whereas in Werewolf their numbers are stated as dwindling fast. Vampire also says that if there are other changing breeds as rumour would have it, they are amazingly rare and barely anyone has seen them. This contrasts with Werewolf's assertion that Ratkin, Ananasi and Bastet have numbers comparable or better than the Garou Nation.

It boils down to the whole "to crossover, or not to crossover; whether tis nobler to suffer the slings and arrows of Black Spiral Dancers outside Elysium; or by forging an alliance with the Order of Hermes, end them" thing. If people are crossover focused, they are going to try reconciling every single conceivable splat together into, as you say, canon bloat. If they can practice discernment, there's no reason to struggle with ChroD or oWoD.
>>
Wraith.

The Far Shores.

Bullshit, or not?
>>
>>50098252
owod is very different because not only is it not portrayed as a toolbox but the devs are very preachy and sanctimonious over how there's a right way and a wrong way to do things, and for example bitched bitterly over the thought that someone's Tremere antitribu might have been in torpor or otherwise not have been called to the Goratrix meeting that killed everybody.

To a huge extent I think the different perspectives on the critter types are supposed to be just points of view; vampires perceive werewolves to be more numerous due to their ability and intent to scent, sense, and track them, and ratkin etc. as much less common due to having less antipathy for vampires.

Also, Vampire books do EXPLICITLY refer to different tribes of werewolves as existing like Silver Fang etc., so yeah.
>>
>>50098309

Like Transcendence itself, not bullshit but probably nowhere near as easy a solution as people think.
>>
>>50098309
Considering the hellscapes in Harrowings are not psychedelic hallucinations drawn from your subconscious but real, physical (in the sense that underworld matter and denizens can be called "real" or "physical") stages with spectres trollplaying using props they found in the tempest etcetera, I don't find them all unlikely.

What was the idea exactly, that Transcended wraiths and Redeemed spectres go to Far paradise shores physically, or that going there nets you Transcendence or Redemption, or something else? Its been... 14+ years
>>
>>50098495

They're essentially soul clinics, if I remember right. They help you heal and prepare for Transcendence.
>>
>>50098585
That's cool. Who runs them, wraiths or ??????MYSTERY??????
>>
>>50098620

Wraiths do, but there's no Ferrymen to keep them from going batty so it's still dangerous.
>>
>>50098139
>Or Rage across Australia. Or World of Darkness, 1st and 2nd Editions. Or Berlin by Night. Or....
>Yeah, you're really better off coming up with your own stuff. You couldn't research it any worse than White Wolf did in '96.

Depends, Forsaken Denver is pretty good. Boston Awakening is good-ish, Chicago masquerade is pretty good too.
>>
>>50098412
>owod is very different because not only is it not portrayed as a toolbox but the devs are very preachy and sanctimonious over how there's a right way and a wrong way to do things

On the other hand NWoD/Chrod just lie to you telling its a tool box but at the same time enforces the "right way" to play it. I dont know which is worse really.
>>
>>50099044
>but at the same time enforces the "right way" to play it.

Example?
>>
>>50099401

I think they're talking about the Integrity rules.
>>
>>50093351
Sometimes, yeah. Oftentimes we'll just use the name and location of a real city and then change everything else about it, via "things developed differently in the World of Darkness".
>>
>>50097178
Link plz
>>
>>50099401
Probably stuff like the orderbooks telling you how the various organizations "canonically" do things and give them a "canonical" history, the Free Council canonically being the most populous Order, etc., the 2e corebooks giving "canon" situations in various cities, etc.

The main difference is all of nWoD/ChroD's "canon" plot/history/characters/organization/setting is all pre-"day zero", whereas oWoD had a metaplot that changed the setting you were actively playing in - if you were playing in a city that was Camarilla-controlled, and then a book came out where it was conquered by the Sabbat, all later books would be written as though the city is now a Sabbat city, thereby forcing you to adapt your game to that or throw out all further material regarding your city.

This gets worse for things like entire clans getting wiped out, or leaving the Camarilla.
>>
File: htr zombie delirium.png (358KB, 430x704px) Image search: [Google]
htr zombie delirium.png
358KB, 430x704px
>>50099856
Sounds about right.
>>
>>50099773
http://google.com
>>
>>50099856
Every White Wolf product I ever bought was broken. I'm used to altering things before I use them. I've given up on consistent quality and direction of art, decent editing and mechanics that were tested, even once, before the books were published. The Metaplot? I ignored it. As long as the earlier materials were available to me, I was free to ignore bullshit like clan eradication or the goddamn Avatar Storm.

Chrod is no different. All books vary from 1% to 95% broken (I'm looking at you, Geist). You're all lying to yourselves if you pretend White Wolf or Onyx Path ever offered you quality. The quality came from your skill as storytellers or your joy as players, from imagination and collaboration.
>>
>>50100202
If you think I think white wolf products work out-of-the-box or aren't generally big piles of crap with some salvageable ideas, you're barking up the wrong tree here (and yes, I'm including OPP under "white wolf").

nWoD/oWoD tribalism is stupid; they're both dumb, and they can both be used to play fun games. oWoD does tend to have the greater proportion of canon spergs, though (though neither of them compares to Exalted in that respect, in my experience). Good lord, the Exalted flamewars I've seen.
>>
>>50100202

From what I can tell, the most popular way to actually play these games is to just do freeform RP.
>>
>>50100248
Exalted, owod, and a bunch of stuff introduced in the same general time/culture period (including a lot of 2nd edition AD&D stuff) suffers from very similar ideas and feels, including obsession over canon, a very particular plot, and some nearly all powerful NPCs.

You can see it with the deathlords, incarna, and primordials of Exalted, the way that 2e AD&D had gods become unstoppable Powers (and from there, almost every setting gained beings/forces that keep the gods out and sometimes maintain order -- the Phlogstion, the Black/Grey, the Lady of Pain, the Dark Powers/Dark Lords*, etc), and of course, the antediluvians and all that of owod.

*Dark Lords were actually not remotely unstoppable or unkillable usually, and not even necessarily the most powerful beings in their domains, nor capable of expelling deities; however they were capable of closing domain borders very well.
>>
>>50093351
Could I use CoD to run a game set in a Matrix-like simulated world?
>>
>>50100248
>nWoD/oWoD tribalism is stupid; they're both dumb, and they can both be used to play fun games.

AND WITH THESE WORDS ALL NEED FOR THE /WODG/ AND /CHRODG/ WERE EXTINGUISHED

/thread forever
>>
>>50100330
Definitely.
>>
>>50100330
Yes.
Demon's made just for that
>>
>>50100366
Yeah, Demon can either be adapted for a more strictly Matrix style chronicle or used as is to fit the themes associated with virtual realities and errant programs into a "normal" setting.
>>
>>50100330
You could chop God Machine around a bit and explain the entire physical universe as it's software, maybe? But where would the characters end up if they could disconnect? Another universe? Our world? Big questions there...
>>
>>50100405
Not too sure about this just yet. I like the mysterious and paranoid atmosphere of the first half of The Matrix and would like a game that captures that feeling. I also like the contrast between an apocalyptic external world and a seemingly normal simulated world.
>>
>>50100330
It's strongly implied that thats how the Exarchs created the world. Ochemata are just logins with admin priviledges.
So MAge too.
>>
Pre-Gehenna, which clan seemed the most powerful?

The Tremere with all their magic and the people they screwed over?

Brujah because of the damage they have shown themselves capable of during the Anarch Revolt?

Ventrue because they still have the money/power despite getting punked hard?

Tzimisce because of Vicissitude or that Koldunic Sorcery is the most powerful form of blood magic even if it isn't the most versatile?

Baali cuz they have demonic support?
>>
>>50100494
Pre-Gehenna? I'd have to say Tremere. Probably the hardest to topple by external force and the most controlled. Of course this didn't turn out to be such a great thing due to goofy antediluvian shenanigans.
>>
>>50100494
>Baali cuz they have demonic support?
Baali were just a myth pregehenna. As cool as they were they were sniveling servants to some lesser demons.
Probably Ventrue or Tremere.
>>
>>50100556
Yeah, baali were essentially redundant compared to infernalist vampires and stuff like koldun, who could not only summon demons but create demon-vampire abominations that are also totally enslaved.

I'm sure a purist will butt in and say "but that might not be that kind of demon," and another purist will butt in and say "I'm not sure that kind of other demon is not that other other kind of demon though..."
>>
>>50100554
Speaking of goofy Ante shenanigans, was Tremere justified in using vampire blood to turn vampire? As in can mages not make themselves live longer? It's just weird that Tremere made himself much weaker just so he could potentially live forever.
>>
>>50100615
I think it makes sense their nmbers are smaller cuz the modern game isn't really about faith that dark ages was. Baali was important in dark ages but in modern ages there's better things to worry about.
>>
>>50100658
Yes, there are immortality shenanigans far more cringe inducing and freakish than just becoming a vampire.

The owod lich lost all ability to advance in spheres, had to hunt down and destroy everything remotely magickal he had ever created (including his own familiar), and, iirc, cut off his own penis.

Various forms of life prolonging did exist, but it was clear that the old masters were dying no matter what.

The simple answer is of course pursue super-duper enlightenment and transcend or something, but Tremere didn't strike me as great of a mage as he was of a vampire.

Also much of Mage power levels were arbitrary in owod.
>>
>>50100726
>>50100658
Also, mages often seem... stupid... because they have magickal paradigms, their understanding of how magick works, and the Tremere were seeing their understanding of magick cease to function in the modern era.

iirc, the unified system of modern magick didn't exist at the time either, not until the Renaissance-ish era.

The system that mages of the dark ages did, in fact, cease to function completely and he would have had to relearn everything anyway, and instead became a god tier vampire (albeit an insane, narcoleptic flesh abomination with MPD).
>>
>>50100658
His magic was weakening due to the Consensus forming, he freaked out super hard and jumped for the first naturally-immortal creature type he found.

Modern-day Mage: the Ascension still very much has immortal Mages (who are significantly more powerful than all but the lowest-Generation vampires), so canonically he done fucked up, yes.
>>
File: liberals.png (286KB, 707x403px) Image search: [Google]
liberals.png
286KB, 707x403px
I always knew WoD was redpilled, deep down...
>>
>>50100330
>Could I use CoD to run a game set in a Matrix-like simulated world?

Fuck that is one shitty OS, like the windows milenium of operative systems
>>
>>50100466
Well I was young enough to get fucking obsessed over those films when they came out, so I totally dig why you want this.

Part of the paranoia of The Matrix was the idea that the ultimate faceless mass of authority could observe anything, at any time, and take over any "civilian". It's like a delusional nightmare, actually - anyone can be the enemy (including friends and family), authority figures were well armed and omnipresent, and phone lines could be bugged. The only devices that could be trusted were a hodge-podge patchwork quilt of technologies that spanned at least 30 years of developments, and looked like they'd been jury-rigged for the job.

Also, part of the tension from the idea of the two worlds is the "gilded cage" - that actually, living inside the Matrix wasn't that bad compared to the eternally soviet tribal existence of Zion. Is it better to be free if that means suffering?

In contrast, there was a Stargate SG-1 episode that showed an entire civilization that built themselves a Matrix and pods capable of sustaining life in stasis almost indefinitely, to escape environmental catastrophe. Inside, they relived favoured memories over and over, long past boredom, and were happy when SG-1 showed up ready to be tortured. The twist was that the environmental catastrophe had long since blown over; their world was a garden, enjoyed solely and entirely by the Gameskeeper (can't let those bastards out, they'll ruin it all over again). There was no reason to stay inside in that scenario. The terrible thing about Cypher's argument is how persuasive it is; life in the real world sucks hard, smells of sweat and diesel, everyone eats cum everyday. Matrix has steak and brandy and cigars and Tasty Wheat.
>>
The real world is getting too WoD for me
>>
>>50101674
>TFW one minute I was loathing the state of the US political system and the next I was organizing a global conspiracy to establish a technocratic shadow government
>>
>>50100494
Gangrel.

They had the power to go it alone, and tell the entire Camarilla to lick the gravedust from their balls.

They were not even punished for this. Meanwhile the Tremere pull off a Level 10 Ritual and the Tremere Anti's go thermonuclear, all of them, EVERY SINGLE ONE, NO YOU CAN'T HAVE ONE WHAT DO YOU MEAN SHE WAS IN TORPOR UNDER THE ENGLISH CHANNEL WHEN THE MEXICAN MEETING WENT DOWN
>>
>>50101045
Now I have to ask.

What book is that from?
>>
>>50101734
Can I be part of your conspiracy?
>>
>>50100615
In 2nd Edition, Baali first appeared in the Storyteller's Guide, and that was around the time they also had Infernalists in the Storyteller's Guide to the Sabbat. I don't really remember koldunic sorcery becoming a thing until Revised.

Anyway, as I recall the idea was that you'd stretch Infernalists, Baali and even Nephandi to fit whatever idea you had as a Storyteller regarding demons. Horns, red skin and cloven hooves? Primordial Elder Gods that yearn to undo all creation? Something you read in a 16th century grimoire? The insectoid hive mind from another reality? Whatever fit the narrative best, and/or scared and repulsed your players is the answer.

I mean, the Sabbat Infernalist example demons were a lesser douche named Tivoli, Torturer of Cats, which is just a sort of fantasy demon, and the other was an Archduke of hell, which is classic judeaochristian mythology.
>>
>>50101775
Gangrel were always the most uninterested clan in the camarilla and it happened at a time where they had bigger fish to fry (ravnos fallout, sixth great Maelstrom, resurgence of Hunters
>>
>>50101734
You kids and your underground collectives... (shakes head wistfully)...
>>
>>50101800
Hunter the Reckoning, Wayward Creed.
>>
>>50101898
I would say that could be the implicit idea of the infernalists, baali, and nephandi, but there's no real explicit methodology like that.
>>
>>50096604
Okay, I have to find out more about this, playing as a Chasid Hunter would be... so cool.
>>
>>50097499
>I've played in games ran in my hometown, but it always tended to get a little silly. We'd end up visiting neighbours or players houses, or we'd go to the school we all used to go to for reasons and find out a teacher was a zombie or a cultist or something and it always got a bit a silly.
Perhaps it would go better online, where the other players aren't as familiar as you are.
>>
File: knYDHg9.jpg (11KB, 480x462px) Image search: [Google]
knYDHg9.jpg
11KB, 480x462px
>>50102169
>They use the Torah and a special version of the Talmud as their resources for their fight against the unnatural.
>special version of the Talmud
>>
>>50099029
Chicago Werewolf is meh, and Chicago Awakened is shit.
>>
>>50102432
>Chicago Werewolf is meh, and Chicago Awakened is shit.

Nwod chicago is meh all around.
>>
>>50100494
Pre-Gehenna I'd have to go with... Tremere. They're pretty darn unified, which is what helps them in modern-day vampire politics. While they're under no illusions when it comes to how much say each individual vampire in the clan has (the Tremere neonates are perfectly aware it's a pyramid-scheme and a dictatorship), every neonate can count on the wider clan for support, provided they aren't trying to go full out Anarch/traitor.

If a neonate gets accused of a crime, they can count on the entire clan forming ranks behind said neonate and start glaring at the accusers, going "heard you were talking shit".

Most of the other clans, while they still have some basic camaraderie or semi-organisation, are far too fractured to stand up to the Tremere in such regards.

And, given the Tremere's vast resources (mundane and magical), it's pretty obvious they'll take the top spot when it comes to pure power... Pre-Gehenna, at least.

Assamite are also pretty powerful... when they can be arsed to work together, that is. The Warriors that follow the Web of Knives tend to make that a... challenging prospect at the best of times, seeing as they're pretty much WoD's answer to Khorne-worship.

"BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD, INFIDEL SKULLS FOR THE THRONE OF HAQIM!"
>>
>>50097173
I heard someone recommending a specific 1e oWoD city book a couple of threads back, but I don't remember which one it was. New York By Night maybe?
>>
>>50103110
probably chicago.
>>
>>50102209
You can always call wagga wagga wagga, but you can't call woy woy woy.
>>
>>50103194
That also sounds probable, I just didn't know there was a oWoD Chicago AND a nWoD Chicago book.
>>
How would you stat Dr. Strange in Mage:the Awakening.
>>
>>50103609
he's the sorcerer supreme
>>
>>50103609
Ah. The film has released in the US now?
Comic or film version?
>>
>>50103300
>That also sounds probable, I just didn't know there was a oWoD Chicago AND a nWoD Chicago book.

NWoD Chicago was an ill attempt to mesh mage, vampire and werewolf which resulted in a meh representation of the 3.
>>
>>50103609
I don't think he works too well in MtAw. Marvel magic doesn't work like WoD magic.
>>
>>50103852
http://mightygodking.com/2009/04/09/this-discussion-seemed-to-be-necessary/ for further reading
>>
>>50103852
mudras n sheeit nigga
>>
>>50103609
His displayed powers don't have the best analogies in MtAw, bar use of Imbued Items or Artifacts.

His flying, portal generation, and time manipulation all come from Artifacts.
The only powers he's displayed himself are entering two levels of twilight, and summoning an energy whip thing.

Perhaps as a Proximus for those few? In the MCU you need to create the spell formulae before you can actually do anything, so "on the fly" improvised spellcasting isn't really his jam.
>>
>>50104216
Almost all of his actual magic is, essentially, entreating impossibly-powerful godlike entities to perform miracles at his request.

He might make a decent oWoD Celestial Chorister. Learning new Sphere dots would be represented by building working relationships with a new member of the Vishanti, or whatever.
>>
>>50104407
Sounds kind of like a Moorcockian/Lovecraftian magic user than the usual modern idea of a mage.
>>
>>50103803
Why not both?
>>
>>50104407
I don't remember, can the entities deny their power to Stranger should they so desire?

Can Cyttorak deny Strange the unbreakable Crimson Bands if he doesn't want him to use it?
>>
>>50105004
yes
>>
>>50104642
Comic, I wouldn't.

Film? Eh. He can teleport, with an artifact. He can manipulate time with an artifact.
Sleepwalker, with magic items.
>>
>>50104407
sounds like a bit of spirit and prime with fetishes and spirit bargains
>>
>>50105166
problem is nonmages can't use artifacts

just assume its a setting in which the rules of magic have been altered by an archmage at some point, since the restrictions don't apply to just him
>>
>>50105247
>problem is nonmages can't use artifacts
There's a Sleeperwalker merit which allows them to use Artifacts.
Problem solved.
>>
>>50093729
I am kinda surprised that Mage The Ascension is in first place in this poll. There are some very cool concepts in it, but doesn't it also have its fair share of retarded oWoD metaplot and some bad gameplay systems?
>>
>>50105247
Fine, Sleepwalker with Relic Attuned.
>>
>>50105597
It has extremely retarded metaplot, and the gameplay is the most argued about in oWoD.
>>
>>50106120
Speaking of retarded metaplots, I just finished Realms Of The Haunting the other day.

Started off so good. Then got so bad.
>>
>>50099773
http://www.lorepodcast.com/
Sorry bro, I was asleep when you asked for link. Its also on Itunes. I just listen to it on my phone.
>>
Any pointers on how to optimize a werewolf to wreck vampires? This is for forsaken 2e.
>>
>>50108248
Go up to the rite to make a Fetish, bind a Helion in it.
>>
>>50108248
Exist.
>>
>>50095868
Is that why they went out of their way in Curse to call out ma'at as being an Egyptian thing and heretical to Iremite thinking?

I mean I enjoy playing the tormented eternal slave of unknowable alien gods, so I'm fine with it, but it seemed oddly specific. Though given how much a shitfit the people in the Scion forum threw at the Netjer preview I guess that might have been required for the sorts of fans who'd wind up playing it eventually I guess.
>>
Tell me about your homebrew vampire bloodlines/wodg&CofDg/
>>
>>50093729
Why is Deviant even an option? Not only is it not even out but we hardly know anything aside from from B movie science experiments.
>>
I'm about to buy my first book to keep as a collectible and start my collection.
I'm debating between Geist, Promethean, and Beast.
Do they run out of color copies over time? Because I noticed a lot of the older ones are B&W only while Beast is purchasable in color. If so, I'll probably get Beast first while it still has the option.
>>
File: mummers.jpg (64KB, 960x536px) Image search: [Google]
mummers.jpg
64KB, 960x536px
>>50093729
>tfw you'r the only vote for your option
>>
>>50109316
I recommend promethean. And the they shouldn't run out since the nature of print on demand means they're always in stock
>>
>>50109354
But is that why some are in B&W only?
In short, even if I don't get Beast now, will I have to worry about it going B&W only eventually?
>>
Hey I got a question for a pretty quirky character I got cookin up.
In short, it's a clone of a notorious hunter that awakened independent thought after a run-in with the hunter he was cloned from.
But what splat should I use for this guy? Should I go with a generic hunter splat and maybe add a transmutation or two, or use a promethean splat? Or maybe one of Mr.Gone's clone splats?
>>
File: bad idea.jpg (35KB, 384x288px) Image search: [Google]
bad idea.jpg
35KB, 384x288px
>>50109754
>>
>>50095451

God forbid someone from reading a second book to get a better understanding of another setting and mechanics.
>>
>>50109831
Better than my last idea of playing a sublimati gremlin that was basically Wheatley from Portal 2.
>>
>>50109754

Deviant, if that clone was created through artificial means.

He can't be a pure hunter, because he is clearly not a normal man and not quire promethean, since he's a copy of something that was already living, instead of an weird amalgamation of dead bodies, I assume.
>>
>>50109949
1) Deviant isn't out yet
2) Dave specifically said that Deviant also covers supernatural shit as well as mad science gone wrong, no reason artificial means has to be a caveat there. Though yes, a clone does imply mad science of some sort.
>>
>>50109983

It isn't out yet? My bad then. To be honest, I wasn't following that splat that closely anyways.

I just said artificial because if he came from a mystical/magic source, you could just attach it to promethean already, but a close that is already mostly human or at least much closer that a promethean usually would be just make the point of the journey a bit skewed, in my opinion.
>>
>>50110029
Can't you just use the rules for clones from the (1e?) promethean book? Where, if I recall, they're just odd mortals with maybe one or two transmutations, ruleswise. Assuming these clones were made with that paradigm where you can only make clones if you use some promethean goo or whatever.
>>
>>50110189
Yeah, that's the issue I'm having. The whole reason I decided to use a clone in the first place was because I remembered that they're a thing in Saturnine Night, so I was trying to think of various ways I could use them. But when I went back for some more information digging, it seemed like they were kind of made as an afterthought or a half-baked plot device. It doesn't really give any information aside from that they take vitriol to make and they can kinda have one or two transmutations.
>>
>>50110189

If I remember correctly, you can't fit like that because all prometheans were never meant to be alive, they are unnatural. The closest you can get to a normal human being are frankeistein's monster types that are stitched together from at least 2 dead people.

A clone, from what I get from what anon said, is a reproduction for something that was already alive, so it didn't need to be reanimated by the life fire, Azoth, like all other prometheans.

A clone is closer to a modified human, than a promethean made out of human part, which was why I said Deviant before.
>>
>>50110189

Also: >>50110249

>Mutations

That's much closer to Deviant than Promethean.
>>
>>50110268
I mean, Deviant could definitely work.
But I might as well just go with what's in Saturnine Night for now since Deviant probably won't be out for awhile.
I also just went back and re-read most of it and it looks like >>50110189 is probably the way to go. They only give one example of a clone, but she's basically a mortal but with one transmutation attached.
>>
>>50110319

That's fair.
>>
Actually shit, now I feel like an idiot.
Promethean sourcebook has a whole fucking section on clones that I somehow just forgot about I guess.
>>
File: 829785.jpg (369KB, 950x551px) Image search: [Google]
829785.jpg
369KB, 950x551px
>>50096610

I live in a small town from Oklahoma, which has enough potential for a WoD setting, but... it wasn't what I want with my setting. I wanted mysterious groups and corporations, and the most we have here is if Farmer Jenkins is cooking meth or brewing moonshine. Workable? Yes. Is it what I want to do? Not for this game.
>>
>>50110556
>and the most we have here is if Farmer Jenkins is cooking meth or brewing moonshine
What if farmer jenkins is a ghoul, and his master is putting vitae into the stuff to do spooky vampire experiments on an unwilling test group?
>>
File: 829783.jpg (641KB, 688x1000px) Image search: [Google]
829783.jpg
641KB, 688x1000px
>>50110718
It's a good idea, and a growing farming town is a good setting, but my original comment was about how I wanted a specific setting for my city for the plot I had built.

Maybe my next chronicle will be based in Oklahoma or Texas. After all, it'll be easier to get guns there. And meth.
>>
>>50100330
You can do that both in WoD and in CoD.
Mage and Demon are perfect examples.
>>
>>50109269
I have made some thinblood Ventrue daywalkers and a VtR version of the Samedi, both of which I've posted in these threads before. I'm currently working on VtR Naglopers, and on Clan Grettir, the possible progenitor of the Norvegi.
>>
>>50110556
Well, you could base things in Oklahoma City. You know that city well enough, right? I'm guessing you've gone there now and then for specialty items and events, which gives you the confidence to describe it. Besides, researching your own location is interesting as hell.

>As per 2014, the City metropolitan zone had a population of 1,322,429 and the Oklahoma City-Shawnee Combined Statistical Area had a population of 1,459,758 residents. [Dec 22, 2015]

Assuming standard oWoD population breakdowns allows you a cast of 14 or so vampires and the same number of werewolves, up to 42 ghouls and roughly 700 kinfolk, 7 mages, 2800 sorcerers and an unholy 70,000 wraiths. Who the fuck needs NYC?
>>
>>50109269
I'm sick of the flaming eurocentrism, so I'm trying to come up with a ruleset for doing a Yaramayahoo, an aboriginal legend about a blood-drinking monster that lived in trees and dropped silently on isolated travellers, sucking blood through it's fingers, devouring the victim's corpse whole, vomiting it up the next day, over and over, until it's victim was also a Yaramayahoo. Sort of like a really exotic Gangrel with 0 dots in Appearance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEvM9P3RG70
>>
Next session my players are infiltrating an exclusive country club full of super rich folk, trying to foil the BBEG's plan of drugging them all and turning them into daemonhosts. Any suggestions of random encounters and events I can use at the club? eg drunk socialite, journalist trying to break in etc.
>>
>>50112740
The first place the players sneak into to do something shady, they find a guilty looking pair of young men chopping several lines of white powder on a framed photograph.
>What are you guys doing?
>....nothing. What are YOU guys doing?
>....nothing.
>>
>>50110250
Most prometheans are stitched from one person, and promethean has (barely existing) rules for clone things as well.
>>
>>50111854
>I'm sick of the flaming eurocentrism
Butthurt abbo detected
>>
>>50111854
Ya know if you want a homebrew beasty because its cool, that's fine, you don't have to get sanctimonious about it.
>>
My Mage needs a massive cock, but has no dots in Life. Needless to say, nobody wants to do him any favors

How can he resolve this dilemma without converting to the service of the Exarchs
>>
>>50113051
>>50113079

>speaks of sanctimonious attitudes
>promptly displays them

Don't get ass-devastated just because you can't get 100% of players onboard for your Cracker: The Lynching campaign, anon.
>>
Is there anything in the Ars Magica White Wolf era that has any bearing or use in the World of Darkness?
>>
>>50113415
>Cracker: The Lynching

I like it. Players pick archetypes other minorities were using 30 years earlier and pretend they're cool now. If players are exposed to R&B or BET, they have to roll their Honkey attribute or higher, otherwise they immediately become convinced they are black gangsters for the remainder of the scene.

Entire parties can be paralyzed, white-man dancing to "Gangster's Paradise".
>>
>>50113472
>have to roll their Honkey attribute or higher, otherwise they immediately become convinced they are black gangsters for the remainder of the scene.

I would play the shit out of that. It could be the 12th line of ChroD.
>>
>>50113427

Ars Magica 3e is sort of a prequel to Mage the Ascension, but that's about it.
>>
>>50113472
Smug air of superiority: 3 point merit. The Cracker is convinced of his own achievements as a race, and cannot be convinced that, for example, Africans were living in cities while his ancestors were living in French cave systems trying to boil rocks.

White penis 1 - 7 point flaw: Your Cracker has inherited his mother's penis and not that of the milkman. The lack of length is reflected in the strength of the flaw; at 7 points, the Cracker is considered to have micropenis.
>>
>>50113415
That's just Hunter, with the PCs only coincidentally being heroes saving the day against Kuei-Jin, Samedi, and so forth.

"Good job, you saved us from the evil akuma marauders!"
"That'll show them gooks for steppin into MAH neighborhood... uh, the fuck is a kooma?"
>>
>>50113518
>It could be the 12th line of ChroD.

OPP have such fine quality controls that you could most likely force this to happen.
>>
>>50113533
>7 point flaw to have a small benis :DDDD even though being missing a head or your skin is less than that
>>
>>50109983
Cloning itself doesn't imply any mad science, just a lack of scruples. Speeded up ageing or brain copying is something different though.

>>50111854
Yaramayahoo sounds much better than drop bear.

>>50113345
Stick his weiner into beehive.
>>
File: 1445344147657.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1445344147657.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
So, Life is Tumblr... is Max a newly awakened mage with a natural affinity for temporal magic and the fallout the natural results of fucking with things she doesn't understand?

>"...fuck the town, got me some punk ass, and I can rewind every orgasm until my brain turns to mush."
>>
>>50113642
Yeah, but you can live without your head. Can you really live without your penis? Would you really want to?

>storytelling games of personal horror
>>
>>50113537
>Clint Eastwood from Gran Tarino as a hunter
all of my yes
>>
>>50113684
>but you can live without your head. Can you really live without your penis?

what...?
>>
>>50113665
>I called a game with queer themes tumblr, am I cool?
>Choosing Chloe over the town
Max is just some kid with weird powers. I hate when people try to consider every weird supernatural ability to be a Mage.
>>
>>50113665
Rewinding Time is a surprisingly low level ability (***).

Proximae aside, Witchfinders has a merit if you want there to be a character who simply has one supernatural ability.
>>
Three songs for Wraith: the Oblivion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8el3K-jtVM
>the further I get from the things that I care about, the less I care how much further away I get

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRxTgp6YuQ0
>Mayhap luréd by the scent of lote -
>'Od! - the fœtid - eft hie back I mote;
>For what I did my soul atrouncéd,
>O! do believe me, 'twasn't a frounce.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHxKbvUNzq0
>there is no form that you can touch, there are no colours that you can see

New thread topic: pick your favourite gameline and give us three songs for your vision of it.
>>
Have we heard any more about Geist 2e? Travis did say spoilers would start in November. I'm frankly surprised we didn't get any teases on Halloween.
>>
>>50114691

What would be the perfect picks to make fun of Beast and oChangeling (which, I just realized, are both otherkin related games)?
>>
>>50114739
>just realized
No you didn't. That criticism is old as fuck.
>>
>>50114772
Just realized in the sense that I thought I was picking the two easiest to mock games randomly, then figured out that they're just the otherkin games.
>>
>>50114739
Too difficult. Beast is a shitload darker and edgier than Changeling. Musically, Beast is more like Rob Zombie, while Changeling would be more at home with 60's folk music group The Incredible String Band

>making fun of
Haha, ignoring you
>>
>>50114719
OPP is in chaos following WW's decision to cancel all licensing agreements. They're doubling down on things like Pugmire and Cavaliers of Mars, so while Geist 2e isn't dead, I wouldn't expect results for a while.

There was a dev who posted here about a week ago complaining about how many writers turn to smoke towards the point where they need a final edit. If OPP are going to insist on giving opportunities to total hacks, we all need to accept delays.
>>
Daily reminder: Paradox bought the White Wolf IP's with "tens of millions" of SEK in cold, hard, cash. No shit. You now know why Elricsson swaggers so.

>full assrape stiffness
>>
>Paradox have since revealed a little more on what they intend to do with White Wolf, including a post on the latter’s site confirming that “this vision will be realized in multiple digital games titles.” However, an interview on VentureBeat suggets they’re going even further than that. ““We’re going to start licensing out the brand again from the beginning,” said Wester. “We’ll start with one World of Darkness. We’ll start, basically, from day one to unite the community under one flag.” The feeling is that “no-one has really been paying attention to what the community has been up to in the last few years. There’s going to be an immediate change.”

What the fuck does that last part infer? That White Wolf are actually going to listen to us if we say something is a shitty idea?
>>
>>50115142
I'm very confused, but optimistic.
>>
HELP!
I need stats for a vampire (Tzimisce, for example) to throw at my party (3 vamps and a ghoul, zero points of exp spent) as a final boss. Motherfuckers have asked for a session in a few hours and I do not have much time to think about it.
>>
>>50115217
Um... how detailed do you need? Just combat and basic resistance stats or everything?
>>
>>50114719

Always add two or three months to whatever date a dev mentions at the very least. We're not getting Geist 2e until 2018, mark my words.
>>
>>50115274
Combat and a some points in disciplines would be enough thanks. Or if you already have one done from a campaign that will serve too.
>>
>>50115311
I'd go with something like:

Strength 4, Dexterity 4, Stamina 3, Perception 4, Wits 3, Intelligence 2, Appearance (any), Manipulation 4, Charisma 2.

Abilities: Alertness 3, Animal Ken 4, Body Crafts 5, Brawl 4, Dodge 4, Intimidation 4, Occult 3, SOME_OTHER_STUFF

Disciplines: Auspex 1 (Heightened Senses, -1 to perception difficulty), Animalism 3 (Quell the Beast, 8 dice in a contested roll vs Willpower diff 7, renders target calm and pliable, requires touch), Vicissitude 4 (fleshcrafting is dex+bodycrafts, bonecrafting is str+bodycrafts, either requires a grapple; Horrid Form is 3 blood points, adds +3 str/dex/sta and adds +1 lethal to all brawling moves, with bone claws that's a total of +2), Koldunic Sorcery: Way of Earth 2 (spend 2 blood points, gain +2 to stamina/soak for a scene, applies even vs agg, app 0)

Summary: In horrid form, has 11 dice to hit with claws, and 9 lethal base damage. Receives 8 dice to soak vs bashing and lethal, 2 vs aggravated.

Last time I played or ran VtM was... 13+ years ago, and last time I looked at a VtM book was many years ago to make an image mocking Guide to the Sabbat, so I apologize if I fucked up
>>
>>50115518
>>50115311
Humanity/Path: Path of Being a Dick 5
Virtues: Dickishness 3, Cuntishness 4, Cowardice 5
Willpower: 7
Blood Pool: 16/4
>>
Hey guise, here's the summary of what's up for OPP in 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAHsxqKQPbo
>plans to continue 20th anniversary lines

>Changeling
>Changeling 20 is in editing and art direction phase. Map of Concordia is being included.
>sequel to Immortal Eyes being done by original author

>Wraith
> wraith 20 is going to be several books mashed together. The Risen chapter is bigger than the Risen book. The Spectre chapter is bigger than Dark Reflections.
> Orpheus is included and updated.
> Playtesting is ongoing.
> Arcanoi getting overhauled, 2 powers per level (one for free, one only for guild members)
> Dansky spoke on writing mechanics that reinforce motivations for characters (such as the guild Arcanoi)

>Mage
>Book of Secrets is in editing, and will function as the overflow for M20 (current count is 200,000 words FUCK YOU BRUCATO)
>Character pack (NPC's and monsters, etc.)
>Book of the Fallen (a cookbook)
>Digital Web 3.0
>Technocracy Reloaded
>Rich Bastards Guide to Magick (if the 1% could do Magick)
>Victorian Era: Mage (possibly 2 or more years away)
>A new Ascension Tarot is a maybe because Drivethrurpg just upgraded their capabilities from playing card size to tarot size,
>there's already an early proof of a Tarot for Awakening.
>in short the Kickstarter funded a few years worth of results
>>
>>50115742

>New Awakening Tarot

Oh neat, I might pick that up.
>>
>>50115742

>Vampire
>NDA everywhere
>don't want to step on Elricsson's toes
>Endless Ages fiction is now out
>Prince's Gambit card game for 6 - 10 people (find the Sabbat traitor, Cluedo style) - Kickstarter next year or so
>Lore of the Bloodlines hit 9 stretch goals - War of the Clans on steroids.
>Dark Ages: Tome of Secrets (another overflow book) and Dark Ages Companion (setting stuff, cities and lands) are in the pipeline
>moar DA fiction

>Werewolf
>NDA everywhere
>don't want to step on Elricsson's toes
>Shattered Dreams nearly ready to print, slow and drawn out dev process because of WW and their goddamn bible
>Changing Ways in 2nd draft
>Bunyip Tribebook
>Silver Crown sequel is out
>(sound of Elricsson being fellated)
>W20 dice roller app being re-negotiated with Icelandic masters
>W20 art book to be merged with Wyrm art book
>if time permits, fiction anthology called "The Eternal Howl" to match Endless Ages
>if enough interest, possibly a werewolf card game
>>
>>50115742
Whoa, improvements to risen and spectres, and arcanoi in general? Bad ass.
>>
>All this oWoD stuff
>>
>>50115742
>>50115772

Misc.

>Kindred of the East is "getting looked at", but obviously needs some racism taken out
>other problem is OPP can't publish things that fall outside WW's glorious vision & Elricsson is still hung up on Kindred

>Phil Brucatto wants to do Sorcerer's Crusade 20th

>not even OPP have any idea what WW's vision for "One World of Darkness" will look like...?

>OPP have a few ideas for new splats in oWoD, but they feel White Wolf are still trying to grasp everything in the major lines and their heads would explode if they got approached with it
>>
>>50116009

>Phil Brucatto wants to do Sorcerer's Crusade 20th

What a waste of a book. Unlike Mage: Dark Ages, Sorcerer's Crusade is pure Mage rehash.
>>
>>50116009
>Elricsson is still hung up on Kindred
He doesn't like it?
>>
>>50113533
>White penis 1 - 7 point flaw: Your Cracker has inherited his mother's penis and not that of the milkman. The lack of length is reflected in the strength of the flaw; at 7 points, the Cracker is considered to have micropenis.

I am pretty sure that was actual flaw in Hunter the reckoning, next to balding.
>>
>>50115836
If you have the time and patience to listen to this and transcribe the highlights, like I have, you are welcome to.
>>
>>50113533
>White penis

Is it a merit or a flaw for female characters?
>>
>>50114899
>OPP is in chaos following WW's decision to cancel all licensing agreements.

So no more edgy Chronicles of darkness games?
>>
>>50116176
To clarify:
Elricsson is fixated on the Kindred and is full of ideas on how they relate to the World of Darkness. Nothing he has said to OPP indicates he's even thought about Kindred of the East. To make matters worse, OPP don't want to work on something that will directly contradict the style bible WW is working on - take that statement how you will, but I think the implication is that all vampires, the world over, will be Kindred.
>>
>>50115142
>We’ll start, basically, from day one to unite the community under one flag.”

>Unite the community

The only things that comes close to a consensus is that NWoD changing breeds sucks along with NWoD Gypsies and not even that.
>>
>>50115772
>>Silver Crown sequel is out

Where is this? Is continuation of the adventures of Albrecht and the mary-sue gang?
>>
>>50116274
>First Draft
(The first phase of a project that is about the work being done by writers, not dev prep)
* Exalted 3rd Novel by Matt Forbeck (Exalted 3rd Edition)
* Trinity Continuum Core Rulebook (The Trinity Continuum)
* Trinity Continuum: Aeon Rulebook (The Trinity Continuum)
* M20 Gods and Monsters (Mage: the Ascension 20th Anniversary Edition)
* V20 Dark Ages Jumpstart (Vampire: the Masquerade 20th Anniversary Edition)
* M20 Cookbook (Mage: the Ascension 20th Anniversary Edition)
* M20 Book of the Fallen (Mage: the Ascension 20th Anniversary Edition)
* VtM Beckett’s Jyhad Diary (Stretch Goal Content)
* GtS Geist 2e core
* VtR Half-Damned (Vampire: the Requiem 2nd Edition)

>Redlines
* Scion: Origins (Scion 2nd Edition)
* Scion: Hero (Scion 2nd Edition)
* BtP Beast Player’s Guide (Beast: the Primordial)
* CtD C20 Anthology (Changeling: the Dreaming 20th Anniversary Edition)

>Second Draft
* The Realm (Exalted 3rd Edition)
* Dragon-Blooded (Exalted 3rd Edition)
* Cavaliers of Mars
* Wraith: the Oblivion 20th Anniversary Edition
* VtR A Thousand Years of Night (Vampire: the Requiem 2nd Edition)
* BtP Building a Legend (Beast: the Primordial)

>Development
* W20 Changing Ways (Werewolf: the Apocalypse 20th Anniversary Edition)
* Changeling: the Lost 2nd Edition, featuring the Huntsmen Chronicle (Changeling: the Lost 2nd Edition)
* Signs of Sorcery (Mage: the Awakening Second Edition)
* SL The Wise and the Wicked (5e – Scarred Lands 2nd Edition)
* SL Ring of Spiragos (Pathfinder – Scarred Lands 2nd Edition)
* Ring of Spiragos (5e – Scarred Lands 2nd Edition)
* SL Dagger of Spiragos (Pathfinder – Scarred Lands 2nd Edition)
* Dagger of Spiragos (5e– Scarred Lands 2nd Edition)
* Arms of the Chosen (Exalted 3rd Edition)
* EX3 Jumpstart (Exalted 3rd Edition)
* CtL fiction anthology (Changeling: the Lost 2nd Edition)
>>
>>50116274
>>50116435

>Editing:
* Pugmire Core Book
* BtP Mortal Remains (Beast: the Primordial)

>Post-Editing Development:
* Changeling: the Dreaming 20th Anniversary Edition

>Indexing:
ART DIRECTION FROM MIRTHFUL MIKE:
>In Art Direction
* Dark Eras Companion
* Beckett’s Jyhad Diary
* V20 Lore of the Bloodlines
* SL Wise and Wicked Update
* Prince’s Gambit
* C20
* M20 Book of Secrets
* W20 Pentex Employee Indoctrination Handbook
* V20 Dark Ages Companion
* Pugmire

>In Layout
* Necropolis Rio
* CofD Hurt Locker
* Beast Condition Cards
* Beast Conquering Heroes
* Promethean 2nd
* V20 DA The Cainite Conspiracies – Errata input and final processing.

>Proofing
* Secrets of the Covenants
* Scarred Lands Players Guide 5E
* Beast RMCs – awaiting further errata.
* Mummy Novel
* V20 DA Tome of Secrets – final layout proof

>At Press
* Ex 3 Screen – Finished at the Printer.
* Ex 3 core book – From RichT: manufacturing continues. Still need two bound samples with covers, coming soon I’m told.
* Kinfolk – Ordering PoD proof.
* W20 Shattered Dreams – Ordering PoD proof.
* EX3 Charm Card PDFs – on sale Wednesday!
* V20 Endless Ages – Ordering greyscale b&w PoD proof.

There. Never, ever say that the oWoDfags don't fucking contribute around here. I even formatted for your lazy ass.
>>
>>50116367
Spot on, buddy. Albrecht 2: Silver Fang Harder, available print on demand
>>
>Still no Secrets of the Covenants
>Still no Vigil news
>While oWoD gets all this stuff
Oh well. At least Prince's Gambit sounds sort of neat, as does an early Orpheus update.
>>
>>50116477
it's almost as if real wod stuff sells better or something.
>>
>>50116476

Where is this, cant find it on drivethru
>>
>>50116477
I liked nwod for a long time due to owod's borked mechanics, was about 50-50 on owod vs nwod, but I just plain didn't have the energy to go through all the nwod 1e lines and most nwod 1e bloodlines etc. being discontinued.
>>
>>50112740
Alex Jones gatecrashes the party and gets freaked out when he realizes demons are actually real.
>>
>>50116711
Huh. Neither can I.

Well, the only explanation I can give is that they must have gotten a POD draft back and there was an issue somewhere. The process between final draft and POD can take an unpredictable length of time, and copies can bounce backwards and forwards quite a few times, enough that two books submitted to the POD publisher at once can be listed on Drivethru weeks or even months apart.
>>
>>50116662
More likely? White Wolf are agitating for a greater number of oWoD products to stir up cross-media saturation and interest. The "style bible" Elricsson is working on was for interests in both the video game and tv/film sectors. It's possible that they are under contractual obligation to put out a certain amount of work for oWoD. They can't say either way, they all signed NDA's.
>>
>>50115518
>an image mocking Guide to the Sabbat

Is there any chance you still have that? I could use a laugh. I loved the 2nd edition Sabbat books, mullets and all.
>>
>>50114899
Where the fuck do you see anything about cancelling license agreements?
>>
>>50116969

I know I'd want my licensee to spend most of their time making things for the license I'd want to push, if I were in WWP's shoes. Even if it's not the new edition, it gets the word out and keeps up the buzz for the property.
>>
>>50116322
There is no nWoD Gypsies

>>50116662
Chronicles stuff tends to be higher up on the Top 100 list.
>>
>>50117177
>Chronicles stuff tends to be higher up on the Top 100 list.
Every time I look, I see Vampire 20th at the top of the list. I think the whole "Top 100" is bogus, more like "Top 100 suggestions based on your viewing preferences"
>>
>>50117055
not that anon, here. martin elricsson claimed white wolf were "reviewing all of their licensing agreements" at their launch. not the same as cancelling, but still, given that OPP were all but the single licensee, and given that Elricsson has unrealistic expectations of how well tabletop games should sell...
>>
>>50114899
>OPP is in chaos following WW's decision to cancel all licensing agreements.

the fuck happened?
>>
>>50117533

And that was settled when they decided to re-name nWoD to CofD. This is old news.
>>
>>50114899
Proof.
>>
>>50117511
More like
>This is a listing of products ranked by copies sold divided by days on sale.
I mean, that does tend to favour newer products (Shadowrun Anarchy is number 1), but it's as close as you're going to get to knowing which products are doing how well.

>3. Exalted
>4. Miracles of the Solar Exalted
>7. Mage: The Awakening 2e
>13. Minds Eye Theater: Werewolf: The Apocalypse
(Legitimately surprised about that, though apparently it was put out 16 October)
>14. Chronicles of Darkness
>18. Promethean 2e
>22. Endless Age VtM fiction anthology
>25. Kinfolk W20
>27. Mage: The Ascension 20th Anniversary edition
>43. Beast: The Primordial
>44. Werewolf: The Forsaken 2e
>46. Vampire: the Requiem 2e
>47. V20 Ghouls and Revenants
>62. V20 Black Hand
>63. Vampire: The Masquerade 20th Anniversary Edition
>76. The Pack
>78. Dark Eras
>87. V20 Lore of the Clans

And, again, this is [copies sold]/[Days on sale], not anything more concrete in terms of which products do better. But this is the best we've got.

>>50114899
>>50117673
>>50117601
That poster is misinformed. OPP still has all their licenses intact.
>>
>>50103609
Movie Strange is likely just a spirit and prime/forces mage using time, space and forces artifacts. Since most of the magic he that he does that doesn't involve an item are astral projecting, and making energy sigils/shields/whips
>>
>>50117696
Another thing to remember is that
[number of books sold] =/= [quality]

If it did, there wouldn't be a billion soiled copies of 50 Shades Of Grey in local thrift stores
>>
>>50116046
What WAS the difference between Mage: Dark Ages and Sorceror's Crusade?
>>
>>50114691
Three songs for Mummy 2nd Edition.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Jtpf8N5IDE
>Who wants to live forever? Who dares to dream forever?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vISdvJLMUM
>(dramatic music swells)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZ61ARoZdrU
>>
>>50114719
There was a sizeable amount of teasers up until September or so, haven't heard anything from Travis since then, maybe he's prepping the open dev blog post spoilers?
>>
>>50117967
Dark Ages was a generic 13th century setting for all gamelines, with the Mage book being a single publication within that world. It never got supplements.

Sorcerer's Crusade was set during the Renaissance several centuries later, at the point where the Consensus begins to form and harden, the Order of Reason are the good guys and the Traditions are a bunch of dickbags that make the world suck (in a nutshell). It had a healthy pile of supplements.

Despite >>50116046 asserting to the contrary, Sorcerer's Crusade has more material, a more defined setting and exists independent of the other gamelines. These weigh up to a superior product. QED
>>
Has there been any recent news on Deviant?
>>
>>50118356
You could try actually reading the fucking thread before you post, maybe?
>>
>>50118384
Not him, but I see nothing about Deviant news in the thread. There's info out there, but it's also in long rambling threads in the forums.
>>
>>50118664
>Not him, but I see nothing about Deviant news in the thread.
Yes. Exactly. And given that said thread contains a comprehensive breakdown of which products are in dev, editing and final draft, and also given that Deviant is not listed amongst them, an Anon would have to be a total inbred mouthbreather, or less than 7 years old, not to conclude that Deviant hasn't even made First Draft yet.

Are you less than 7 years old, Anon?
>>
>>50096610
I made vienna, my homecity, for our campaigns setting.
It works well because, as you said, we know the city, we can visualise where things are, the city has a rich cultural background and a reason for older vampires and old feuds and schemes to be around.
>>
>>50118714
Something doesn't have to be in first drafts to have new info. You can tell, what with the fact that we have info about it already without it being in first drafts.
>>
>>50118809
Then anything anyone would have to say would be pure speculation, a thought bubble, with no reflection on the final product or when it is delivered to the presses.
>>
>>50118797
Please tell me your opening theme is Mozart's Requiem
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi8vJ_lMxQI
>>
>>50118850
>no reflection on the final product or when it is delivered to the presses.
You mean the only two things anyone really cares about?
who gives a fuck about developer daydreams?
>>
>>50118850
Or, you know, things that the Developer tells us about the project. You may not care to learn about anything before the sale copy, but other people do.
>>
It's been a while, so...

Does anyone have the updated Mage 2e pdf with the included errata? Thanks.
>>
>>50119119
Yes, like you asked last time

And like you asked last time, no I won't share it
>>
>>50116435
>>50116476
You could have just linked Monday meeting notes. Oh wait, they are already linked in 1st post.
Ok, correction - oWoDfags don't contribute anything useful.

>>50117696
Interesting, I wouldn't expect Exalted to do so well. Also quite surprised to see Beast doing relatively well.
>>
>>50116746
He'd be a cool hermit or Network Zero guy depending on edition, or rather a character in his template
>>
>>50117967
Dark Ages: Mage was its own system, Sorcerer's Crusade was just a wholly generic paint by numbers historical version of Mage the Ascension. The differences are almost strictly fluff, you could fit all you need to know on a single piece of paper.
>>
>>50119317

Exalted's pretty popular, it just gets overshadowed by the Of Darkness games. Beast is still the new gameline, so people who aren't as plugged in as we are will plunk down money to check it out.
>>
>>50119680
>Beast is still the new gameline, so people who aren't as plugged in as we are will plunk down money to check it out.

Thats some disappointed people right there.
>>
So I found an older index containing a bunch of owod pdf's (See Here: https://mega.nz/#F!wpB0ib4a!EsAU0AE4ihrNlDWzp3-MIw!BsxjkKiJ).

Which books in their should I avoid like the plague, and which ones are must have?
>>
>>50119885
Avoid them all, play CofDD instead
>>
I want to run a Reckoning-era owod game with some hunters n mummy chars. Aside from the obvious advice of "don't," are there any remotely noteworthy metaplot events that mortals (before the event) or hunters or mummies could be involved in after the creation of the imbued and amenti?
>>
>>50118985
>Or, you know, things that the Developer tells us about the project. You may not care to learn about anything before the sale copy, but other people do.

Oh, you mean the people that throw hissy fits and scream and rant and rave because the first treatment sends them spastic in rage? The people whose tantrums drive the devs to either radically overhaul said first treatment, making it utterly redundant, or go silent about further devlopments, not unlike the trainwreck that was the first unveiling of Beast?

Maybe if certain individuals hadn't sent hyperbolic death threats about the rumour Deviant was going to be written entirely in non-traditional gender roles, such secrecy wouldn't be necessary. But, restraint is not something fanboys understand. So if you want to post a random brainfart from a developer about something that might not even reflect on the final product, and you'd like to trigger the hard right of /tg/, you're welcome to repost blogs or tweets or whatever. Personally, I would prefer to deal in confirmed facts rather than baseless speculation, but I understand if other people, such as your dear self, are not so.... intellectually motivated. Just don't expect me to take you seriously, in any way.
>>
>>50119317
>Oh wait, they are already linked in 1st post.
Yeah. No-one ever reads them, so someone else posted a summary. No-one else is suffering period cramps over this, sister, and it makes better reading than the usual edition war bullshit. Check yourself.
>>
>>50119972

If we had more transparency in game development, perhaps Beast would be about, you know, primordial beasts, and not retarded otherkin.

The bit about death threats scaring them off from writing a splat wholly about trans is hilarious though. I don't even know when WoD has had traditional gender roles, starting with the massive hard gayness of VtM.
>>
>>50119119
http://google.com
>>
>>50119571
>Dark Ages: Mage was its own system
>The differences are almost strictly fluff

It's own system with minor differences in fluff? Do you even read what you fucking type?
>>
>>50119913
Silly rabbit, Chrod is for niggers
>>
>>50120065
Wow, someone botched their reading comprehension roll.

Dark Ages Mage is its own system.
Sorcerer's Crusade is just MtAsc with a coat of "Renaissance, duder" fluff.
>>
>>50120030
>If we had more transparency in game development, perhaps Beast would be about, you know, primordial beasts, and not retarded otherkin.

Your statement is just one huge "stop liking what I don't like". Your flaming indignation about other people's identity choices don't change those people handing OPP money for such a game. Without those funds, the games you masturbate over wouldn't get made.

>I don't even know when WoD has had traditional gender roles, starting with the massive hard gayness of VtM

GTFO with your bi-erasure bullshit. In VtM all sexual urge was replaced by the need to feed, becoming a pansexual urge to penetrate the skin of anything human and warm in a clear metaphor for sexual assault. Men, women, it didn't matter unless you were playing a Ventrue. Requiem is almost entirely the same - almost. There are now rules for men knocking up other men, which doesn't appear anywhere in VtM. Or does mpreg not feature into your definition of "hard gayness" because it's only gay when dicks touch or some other personal excuse?
>>
>>50120015
You made it edition war bullshit when you said "don't say oWoD fans never gave you anything".
No one asked for it in the first place, and then you brought editions in.
Why should we thank you?

>>50119317
>>50119680
>>50119781
You kind of have to be clued in to know about Beast or other CofD games to begin with. I'm surprised Beast is doing so well because there are a ton of people who ONLY know about Beast as it existed in the Kickstarter copy, as told to them by others.
Like many things the internet herniates bile over, Beast itself is honestly nothing to write home about, but there are a ton of people acting like it's the most vile thing ever.

>>50119913
>>50119885
Frankly, I'd agree with this. oWoD is a very complicated setting, and a very clunky game. If you're determined to play oWoD, just get the 20th Anniversary books. Anything else you have a Wiki for.

>>50119972
>Maybe if certain individuals hadn't sent hyperbolic death threats about the rumour Deviant was going to be written entirely in non-traditional gender roles, such secrecy wouldn't be necessary
I am like 500% certain you just made that up. And considering not two weeks ago he was saying "Being religious is a personality flaw, like voting Republican", I don't see Dave as the type to radically change his views on open development.

Even beyond that, while people threw hissyfits over Beast (and still do), frankly the game is better for it (though still so blaaaand), and a good example of why open development is a useful tool.

I mean, let's also not forget that we had Deviant information dropped on us less than two months ago, at GenCon, which was long after the Beast fiasco. So not much has changed since then.

Even then, whether you take people seriously or not, that doesn't change the fact that a lot of people are interested in hearing about upcoming projects.
>>
>>50120114
If you hadn't botched your Expression roll, I wouldn't have had to roll at all.
>>
>>50120297
>Your flaming indignation about other people's identity choices don't change those people handing OPP money for such a game.
Actually, what he said was that all of their games are like that already; he was mocking the idea that it would be some big change. He's also saying that Beast could have been a better game if there was open development. Beast already became a better game when Matt started listening to the criticisms he'd been ignoring since the leak.

Also, you're getting on him for bi-erasure and not heterosexism or homophobia? I mean, VtM isn't even that gay, it's just that eroticism is "gay" in a pejorative colloquial sense.
>>
>>50120304
>You made it edition war bullshit when you said "don't say oWoD fans never gave you anything".
So we're not allowed to mention editions for fear of triggering people like you, now? It must be so lovely padding your entire life with soft cotton, Anon.
>>
>>50113533
>Africans were living in cities while his ancestors were living in French cave systems trying to boil rocks.

WE
>>
>>50120297
>Without those funds, the games you masturbate over wouldn't get made.

Don't worry, the flightly OPP nerds aren't reprising the stuff about nwod I like.

>vampderps don't like sex

They were always iffy on that (especially in novels, descriptions of "pederastic" vampires and so forth) and abandoned the premise in V20.

Not to mention that even if you or I lost our sex drives tommorow, we'd still have our sex identity. Don't be silly.

>There are now rules for men knocking up other men, which doesn't appear anywhere in VtM. Or does mpreg not feature into your definition of "hard gayness" because it's only gay when dicks touch or some other personal excuse?

We already reached peak gayness in owod, in which like the first 3-5 generations of vampires were mostly male on male embraces. Nothing can phase me that nwod has produced. Kweerboi (that is his name) the CoG (and I LIKE CoG), the Ghouls book, etcetera.

"any vampire can impregnate anyone" isn't really shocking or surprising to me at all.

It merely amuses me the idea of people death threatting Rose Bailey into not having Deviant be just about translings. It strikes me as xer being a drama queen rather than a serious concern, though.
>>
>>50113684
>Yeah, but you can live without your head
/wodg/ ladies and gents
>>
>>50093729
>http://www.strawpoll.me/11514746
Kinda funny that Mage is 1st and 3rd
>>
>>50120374
You can't try to start an edition war and then play innocent.

>>50120387
>Don't worry, the flightly OPP nerds aren't reprising the stuff about nwod I like.
Which is?
Also, Rose has nothing to do with Deviant.
>>
>>50120359
>VtM isn't even that gay, it's just that eroticism is "gay" in a pejorative colloquial sense.
Of course it is, for kids in High School. I just chose to interpret it in a way that credited him with more intelligence and maturity than that.
>>
>>50119913
I CHOOSE BOTH

>CofDD
I haven't heard that acronym before.
>>
>>50120423
Chronicles of Darkness (the extra D was probably a mistake) is what the previously named nWOD is now called. Specifically, the second edition rulesset:
God-Machine Chronicle
Demon: The Descent
Vampire: The Requiem
Werewolf: The Forsaken
Beast: the Primordial
Mortal Remains (which semi-updates Hunter: The Vigil to 2e)
Mage: The Awakening
Chronicles of Darkness
Dark Eras
Promethean: The Created

You've also got Changeling: The Lost 2e almost fully previewed, along with Geist 2e in first drafts, Hunter 2e starting up, and a new game called Deviant: The Renegades somewhere down the line.
>>
>>50120418
How is a self-deprecating quip "Starting an edition war"? Jesus you're thin-skinned. You want an Edition war? Chrod is Crud, because Geist is hippy-bullshit wish fulfillment about shamanic hybrid Ghostbusters and so utterly, hilariously broken it's obvious OPP don't give two fucks about any Crudplayers long enough to playtest it, There. Commence blood coming out of your devastated anus with a clear conscience.
>>
>>50120543
Don't forget that Geist also includes the abmortals, a term that sounds like something Brucato came up with when he had a headcold
>>
>>50120304
>Beast itself is honestly nothing to write home about
Pretty much I have deep criticisms of Beast, but it is generally a playable game, I just don't play it
>>
>>50120612
Humans that are just ABs? six pack? get that pussy shit out of here. Look at this ten pack
>>
>>50120413
I'm genuinely surprised that Ascension is coming first, given how much people here shit all over it. Sadly I've never had the chance to actually experience it though.

Very happy MtAw and CtL are tied second though.
>>
>>50120543
How about the fact that OPP couldn't even come up with original names for Supernal Realms and had to raid the WW back catalogue?

Or the fact that multiple groups in Hunter are just reskinned Technocracy groups from oWoD?

>unoriginal = better in every way
> --- Cruddy McChrodstain
>>
>>50120678
Yummy. Waiter, fetch me the tequila, the limes and the salt. Tonight we do bodyshots, because it's CoD night at the gay bar!
>>
>>50120735
"Let's just make a Pentecostal Sabbat and base it on the legend of Longinus, this oWoD version is too interesting" -- Requiem dev
>>
>>50120682
Mage is the closest to playing Wizard in modern day. People have fond memories huge explosions.

Mage done well awesome. Mage done poorly, it's just meh, paradox rewrite
>>
It was much more pleasant and productive when there were separate threads for nWOD/CofD and oWOD.
>>
>>50120814
Have you seen our political scene these past few years? civil and pleasant don't get ratings
>>
>>50120814
Silly anon, were is the fun when there isnt an edition war every half a thread?
>>
>>50120543
Don't forget "Dudes of Legend". I realise it's supposed to be a joke, but soma christu...

>This one’s pretty easy. You glimmer and shimmer, like you’re covered in glitter. It’s pretty awesome. It gives you +3 to all Socialize rolls, because who doesn’t want to talk to some dude or chick whose flesh twinkles with cosmic glitter? If your character is a vampire, you gain doubleextra-awesomeness in that you also get to walk around in the sunlight. When you do, though, you’re fey and frail, suffering a -3 to all Physical dice pools. Further, all Physical-based dice rolls lose the 10-Again quality. Everyone also thinks you’re a little gay.

YAY! Homophobia and Twilight references! It's funny because we're panicking about how people actually play our games!
>>
>>50120423
>>50120465
CofDD = Chronicles of Dutty Darkness
>>
>>50120814

That lasted for all of two threads, and the oWoD thread could barely keep itself alive, and the nWoD thread went nowhere.

We need each other, and the edition wars are ultimately only a small price to pay. Honestly it's about time for oWoD fans to lead the discussion for a bit and get all the venom out.
>>
>>50120814
Other threads have their issues, too. People who prefer STR characters to DEX characters, people who love or hate particular versions of D&D, even the Warhammer 40K thread gets it's share of "XXX Space Marines are Faggotus In Extremis, only YYY Space Marines are awesome, no-one can disagree with me, end of thread".

This is how 4chan works. Waves of humanity crashing against each other, interspersed with eerie calm and productiveness. We can't silence each other, so we just try to drown each other out. The pattern stretches across the boards if you look for it.
>>
>>50120968
>Chronicles of Double D's

I'd buy the Calendar.
>>
>>50120543
Aren't you even thinner skinned for flipping out when people didn't care about your contribution to the thread?

>>50120620
"It is a generally playable game -- Anon"
Like, most of my criticisms come back to "there's not much to do here". Even Vampire grabs me more in terms of what the setting offers, and I kind of hate politicking.

>>50120543
>>50120612
>>50120735
>>50120773
>>50120956
Ya'll ain't even trying :V

>>50120989
Actually the nWoD thread sort of kept on chugging. For a while, we hadn't really talked about oWoD at all. That's why people wanted a new thread.
Look, if ya'll think it'll be better, by all means make a new thread.
>>
>>50120989

Tow threads? You realize that until relatively recently, old and new WOD threads were always separate?
>>
>>50120543
God Machine Chronicles makes playing a career soldier impossible. After two tours of duty in the Middle East, almost any character becomes unplayable unless they are part of that whole "I never even fired a shot" cliche.
>>
>>50121077

Yes, two threads of oWoD general and nWoD general before the general re-merged. Aside from a few threads here and there, discussion about the games are related to the generals, and have been for a few years.

There's barely a reason for even one 24/7 general to keep going, just splitting the whole thing isn't going to help. This whole conversation'll pass over in a few hours anyways.
>>
>>50121220
>This whole conversation'll pass over in a few hours anyways.
It might be even faster than that. How many posts does it take to autosage? This will make 310.
>>
>>50121137
Good thing Chronicles of Darkness has overwritten that by permitting career soldiers.
Of course, if you deviate from entirely self-justified killings then you're still going to suffer breaking points.
And anyone who wants to do such a thing is kinda missing the fucking point of CofD.

But you can still do it.
>>
>>50120543
Chrod screwed the pooch. The whole appeal of nWoD was the streamlined feel, so hey, let's cram in beats and conditions and style merits and doors and begging players to suck for drama's sake until the whole thing becomes a confusing morass, why not.
>>
>>50121259
>if you deviate from entirely self-justified killings then you're still going to suffer breaking points.
An estimated 1% of the population are psychopaths. 5% are sociopaths. Neither suffers the slightest guilt for harming or killing anyone. That's mortals, in our world, without dark curses or black magic. But sure, let's hold hands and pretend /all/ human beings are big fluffy softies who tear up whenever they take a life, whatever.
>>
>>50121076
>Like, most of my criticisms come back to "there's not much to do here". Even Vampire grabs me more

"A beast i am lest a beast i become"

This, I just feel a lot of it's themes are done better in other places. Being a monster to better humanity is the LS stick.

The zealous extremist Hunter is also a thing that doesn't need a splat definition. and the whole being beings of dream stuff is like changeling stick.

Like the one thing it does have going for it is the I am a Lovecraftian entity from beyond the human mind. but other than that, I just feel like it's trying to be vampire+changeling
>>
>>50121268
I think you're confusing Winning for streamline
>>
>>50120379
he meant North Africans, which aren't black etc.
>>
>>50121318
Look, if you want to play a fucking Psychopath and completely ignore a key aspect of the entire goddamn universe. Then go right fucking ahead. They'd probably qualify everything as being "justified" under the morality system in CofD, and it certainly RAW permits that.

But once again, you're defeating a massive fucking point of the game, and you'd have a very hard time finding a GM who's let you do so.

This is a game about living with the consequences of your actions.
Not saying "Oh, my character isn't troubled by murder. I shoot him in the face".
>>
>>50121077
What? The WoD threads have been combined since general threads started being a thing. They've broken apart a few times and then the oWoD one merges back with the main thread.
>>50121220
Actually, the threads have split more than just the one time. It was really more of an oWoD thread and a general WoD thread.
And 24/7 generals are the way of the board now. No one posts a thread unless it's a general, and any thread that's not a general becomes a general.

>>50121137
>>50121259
No it doesn't. You just don't understand how the mechanical system works, and seem to think that a Breaking Point is a guarantee of losing Integrity. Also, the majority of soldiers don't go out shooting, and even the ones that do aren't likely to even see whether they've killed someone.

But with Breaking Points, you're rolling Resolve + Composure (usually about five dice) along with bonuses or penalties based on the situation and your character's history.
Nevermind that a large number of people who serve in combat *do* suffer from mental illness brought about by their time in service, primarily PTSD.

It's misleading to say that career solders were impossible before, and it's misleading to say that now they're allowed just because murder isn't always a Breaking Point.

>>50121318
I feel like you misunderstand how Integrity works, or what it's purpose is.
Also, I don't see how anyone is acting like we're all big softies.

>>50121268
What?
It's not a confusing morass, and bribing the players for drama's sake isn't some new thing. It's not even new in World of Darkness. In fact, most of the new systems already existed in some form or other. Conditions have actually been made *easier*, though for some reason people don't see it that way.
Random penalties and bonuses with no standardization is fine, but apparently giving things codified terms (something every other RPG does) is too much?
>>
>>50121268
Quick?
Easy?
Intuitive?
Forget it!
You're playing the ALL NEW CHRONICLES OF DORKNESS
>>
>>50120418
I was mentioning Rose rhetorically, I don't even recall if you were implying that the transgender thing was right or not.

>Which is?

Sin eater, promethean, mummy, several bloodlines I'm sure you don't care for, etc.

the whole "grow to like shit FINALLY, guess what its being replaced" has got me finally back to owod because I'm sorry but I only have patience for two editions of WoD at a time
>>
>>50121137
Er, you're not exactly going to be killing many people in a typical deployment. It is however extremely gay.
>>
>>50121408
Guess again.
http://www.viewzone.com/adamscalendar.html
>>
>>50121510
DAS RITE.

WE WUZ AR KEY TECHS N SHIETTT BEFORE WHITEY CAME ALONG
>>
>>50121408
>>50120379
The notion that dark skinned Africans were nothing but tribal savages and that only Egypt was ever worth a damn is pretty ridiculous (and racist/colonialist, but whatever). Mansa Musa is often considered to have been the richest person in all of history, and he was a Mali emperor. Africa's a big fucking continent, and it's not filled with bone piercing'd spear chuckers in grass skirts.

>>50121409
They wouldn't be "justified", but the whole point of Integrity *is* that you essentially make your own as defined by the character, so, yeah, they'd be rolling less when confronted by or doing horrible things.

>>50121323
Yeah. Mummy also has a feel of being cobbled from parts of other splats, too (Ancient civilization? Mage. Underworld? Geist. Egyptian shit? Feels like Osirians. Long lived? You mean like Vampires?) The difference is that Mummies have culture and groups and shit. Beasts don't. They have a lot of neat shit, but it's like... just there. It serves no purpose. It's kind of like the Underworld or Abmortals in Geist, in that there's no real incentive.

The lack of a morality meter also takes away how much of the drama of these games comes from the internal consequences of your actions. Yeah, you can still have that without a system, but a system incentivizes and contextualizes that.

>>50121439
I'm saying that I think people issuing death threats because they thought Deviant would be written entirely in nonstandard pronouns sounds suspiciously like obvious bullshit.

Also, Promethean 2e is already out (and it's good, fixes a lot of problems), and Geist 2e is on it's way, also allegedly fixing a lot of the problems. I'm curious what Bloodlines you like, but there's nothing stopping you from making them in 2e (which is even easier now, in my opinion). Mummy you're shit out of luck.

>>50121467
Yes. It is "extremely gay" that a soldier's integrity will be tested when they're in combat. And yet the VA has a ton of people with PTSD...
>>
>>50121415
You could just make it a merit

Merit:
Requirement Integrity
** Hardboiled a.k.a. My Character Kills People all the time

When rolling for a breaking point for killing a character. Add two dice to represent you're harden jaded outlook
>>
>>50121588
You don't even need a merit. "Some people get bonus dice on Breaking Point rolls" is built into the system.
>>
>>50121584
I never claimed all blacks are spearchuckers, and I am aware of Mali, Great Zimbabwe and Abyssinia, I was making fun of the claim that they were at any point more advanced than whites.

P.S. I'm pretty sure Musa got his title as richest guy ever stolen by either Crassus or Augustus
>>
>>50121601
shurgs

People would still complain. At least with a merit the player spends exp to make it a thing and represents an acquired trait.
>>
>>50120682
Imo just some Asc lover games the poll

>>50121510
Lmao. Did you actually read it? Astronomer who "dated" it remained anonymous for fear of ridicule. Sure, buddy. The guy who found it is ancient astronaut loony.

>>50121577
WE WUZ KANGZ N SHIETT BEFORE WHITEYS EVEN EXISTED!
>>
>>50096610
I have. Almost every place has some kind of oddness or strangeness that you can twist for a WoD game. Smaller towns may be more trouble, but there's always at least some sort of local folklore or ghost stories kicking around.
>>
How have you guys used the Astral in your games?

I'm a really big fan of it, but so far I've only managed to get my players to take one trip into someone's Oneiros in order to save him from an Acamoth.

Next game I'm going to make them more established characters, so I can do stuff like having them organise meetings in Temenos realms. Get involved with Legacy interactions and perhaps travel to a few Legacy realms.
I've got all kinds of crazy ideas of what the realm of the Brotherhood of the Demon Wind would look like.
>>
>>50122031
>>
>>50121415
>You just don't understand how the mechanical system works

yes, because it's confusing bullshit. Gone are the one-roll days that allowed for fast, story-heavy games. Book-keeping on char sheets now includes "social and mental damage". Evocative descriptions and story emphasis have given way to aspergers delights of Power X = Condition Y. Combat plays out more like a fucking card game.

> Also, the majority of soldiers don't go out shooting, and even the ones that do aren't likely to even see whether they've killed someone.

about 10% see front line action. There's plenty of time to confirm kills, buddy. Some people take body parts as trophies.

>But with Breaking Points, you're rolling Resolve + Composure (usually about five dice) along with bonuses or penalties based on the situation and your character's history.

"situation and character history" - like being trapped in a hellish warzone watching friends getting burnt alive in ambushed vehicles, for example?

>Nevermind that a large number of people who serve in combat *do* suffer from mental illness brought about by their time in service, primarily PTSD.

Yes, but that includes support personnel that were stationed on base and watched a mortar shell turn a friend into red mist, say, or had another soldier go rogue and kill 32 civilians. Pretending only deaths the character causes have an impact is unrealistic. Pretending all killing fucks people up is retarded.

>I feel like you misunderstand how Integrity works, or what it's purpose is.

Again, shitty rules.

>Also, I don't see how anyone is acting like we're all big softies.

Because you can't shoot a man without wangst?

>Conditions have actually been made *easier*, though for some reason people don't see it that way.
Because it reduces a story that's supposed to be about storytelling into pure crunch. Gone is the impact of describing the sheer pain and horror of bone protruding from someone's forearm. Now we have a little card with crunch.
>>
>>50121577
It's so cute how you laugh at your own jokes. That way no-one ever has to find you funny or interesting, you just entertain yourself.

Good luck getting laid.
>>
>>50121601
So it's all bullshit anyway? Good to know.
>>
>>50116998
Unfortunately not, its on my other comp
>>
>>50122118
>Evocative descriptions and story emphasis have given way to aspergers delights of Power X = Condition Y.

I vastly prefer owod but this is misguided. Consistency is not a bad thing at all.
>>
>>50121588
In nwod you have to have stupidly massive overkill to actually kill anyone. Just don't finish them off and you'll rarely run into it. Also, a single gunshot will cause most NPCs to become whimpering balls of misery.
>>
>>50113533
>Africans were living in cities while his ancestors were living in French cave systems trying to boil rocks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUEN1ZuDSMg
>>
>>50121584
>Yes. It is "extremely gay" that a soldier's integrity will be tested when they're in combat. And yet the VA has a ton of people with PTSD...

Pretending that it is the act of killing that primarily fucks with people and not continuous imminent unavoidable threats to your life is "extremely gay." The whole sanctimonious peacenik "all life is sacred" garbage is pathetic and way too preachy.
>>
>>50121584
>I'm curious what Bloodlines you like, but there's nothing stopping you from making them in 2e

Septemi. Their primary gimmick (virtue enforced as well as vice) no longer makes sense.
>>
>>50121615
o rly?
Donkeys were domesticated on the Ethiopian highlands in 7,000 BCE. Within a thousand years, Africans were building the stone cities of Tichitt and Oualata, domesticating bees and cattle and

In 7,000 BCE agriculture had only just reached southern Europe.

how does it feel to be so wrong?
>>
>>50121615
Again, they don't mean "black Africans" they mean super North Africans.
>>
>>50122118
I don't see where the mechanics reflecting the fluff and the fluff reflect the mechanics is a bad thing
>>
>>50122307
>Oulata holds no reference of being that old
>Tichit had been settled earliest 2000 BC

Why lie?
>>
>>50122272
It's a combination of the whole fucked up situation, dehumanization, combat stress, fragility of life. Dis validating one part in favor of the other is not looking at the full picture
>>
>>50122414
In general, putting the emphasis on killing really strikes me as the opinion of an arrogant knowitall. That being said, the chance in wartime that anyone will actually know he was the one who killed an enemy is rare, and the chance that you will kill someone outright is rare as well in nwod, and it has the option of people being stunned and terrified into compliance when shot, so in practice this highly annoying and preachy game element is probably only going to apply once in a blue moon, even for very, very combat heavy chronicles.

Source: Even a 20 dice unholy combat monster abomination still probably only gets 6 or so successes on average (plus whatever weapon is appropriate).
>>
>>50122118
>yes, because it's confusing bullshit.
No it's not. "You get bonuses and penalties to your Breaking Points" was already a thing in 1e.
>Gone are the one-roll days that allowed for fast, story-heavy games. Book-keeping on char sheets now includes "social and mental damage". Evocative descriptions and story emphasis have given way to aspergers delights of Power X = Condition Y.
There is no "mental damage", and book keeping is actually easier with Conditions. That's why most games have them. Without Conditions, every power has variable effects (usually tied to successes) that overlap with no rhyme or reason. You'd have to keep track of multiple effects simultaneously, but they'd have no structure. Now you can say "I'm Swooning" and look up what Swooning does and keep track of it.

>being trapped in a hellish warzone watching friends getting burnt alive in ambushed vehicles, for example?
I thought you were arguing that soldiers WOULDN'T go insane, but apparently you're arguing they do?
>Pretending only deaths the character causes have an impact is unrealistic. Pretending all killing fucks people up is retarded.
Do you even understand the system you're bitching about?
You don't even seem to understand how it worked in 1e.

>Because you can't shoot a man without wangst?
Have YOU shot anyone? Because plenty of people who have found it traumatic.

>Because it reduces a story that's supposed to be about storytelling into pure crunch. Gone is the impact of describing the sheer pain and horror of bone protruding from someone's forearm. Now we have a little card with crunch.
Yeah, Fate is so crunchy. Taking ideas from it means being less narrative.
Or, alternately, having that card helps keep the actual bookkeeping to a minimum. I actually find mechanical structure to help the narrative. Like >>50122356 says: the mechanics reflect the fluff.
>>
>>50122402
ignorance?
>>
>>50113665
http://orig05.deviantart.net/2b66/f/2015/198/6/4/life_is_strange___one_more_round_by_thegouldenway-d91owen.jpg
>>
>>50122576
>Because plenty of people who have found it traumatic.

I think it would probably depend largely on whether you view lawful killing of vicious terrorists etc. as a sad unavoidable sin, duty, or making the world a better place.
>>
>>50122243
It's not really "overkill", but, yeah. In nWoD and CofD, it's easy to cripple, but you have to make an effort to kill. I honestly like that. It makes things feel deadly, but makes actually killing someone more meaningful. Though most STs seem to just treat people as dying instantly all the same.
I wish more modern gritty systems did that. Instead it's just "you have 10 health and guns do 2d10+4 damage"

>>50122503
>>50122272
I didn't put emphasis on the killing. The other person who brought this up did, because they said the "My character kills people all the time" sidebar meant playing a career soldier is impossible.
Most soldiers would be rolling Integrity from a firefight *regardless* of whether they kill anyone, so that's actually a moot point. They'd also likely be rolling with a bonus, or, you know, having enough Willpower that they don't lose Integrity and immediately go crazy, since that's not how it works despite all these people acting like it does.

It reminds me of people who bitched that vampires can't eat food without feeling bad. Or that Mages can't brew tea without going crazy. Because they didn't understand what something being at level 10 on the chart meant.

>>50122288
>several bloodlines I'm sure you don't care for
You were wrong. I love the Septemi, though not for their Flaw. I actually dislike their Flaw, but that's because I thought the Daeva Flaw was stupid. If I were going to make them in 2e, I'd start by having them all have a Virtue and their Bane play off of that. Maybe make avoiding their Virtue a Breaking Point, or something like that. Maybe take Humanity[-10?] damage if they refuse their Virtue.

>>50122332
Mansa Musa was West African.

>>50122675
Plenty of people who have been on the ground as part of the War on Terror have found it traumatic.
Even people who have killed in self-defense found it traumatic.
>>
>>50122716
in owod, I find that taking prisoners is nearly impossible due to such a thin line between being able to shoot you and dead, unless you massively outclass your opponent and can afford to go through the hoops of bashing. 1 HL separates between incapacitated and dead... or so I recall.

In nwod, you need to inflict a complete overkill (as in twice their stamina+size) to immediately kill them.
>>
>>50122716
>It reminds me of people who bitched that vampires can't eat food without feeling bad. Or that Mages can't brew tea without going crazy

Not really, since those things only interfere with like 1 in 100 PCs, while the game nagging you about killing is a lot more in your face.
>>
>>50122716

>Plenty of people who have been on the ground as part of the War on Terror have found it traumatic.

A lot of them probably also killed people they didn't mean to, consider it immoral, etcetera. I wish I could find something discussing the topic.
>>
>>50122675
So in other words, you think that anyone who ever got PTSD fighting the Nazis was a Nazi sympathizer. Okay hardbruh.
>>
>>50122759
People do bleed out if they're fill Lethal, though. That's a thing to keep in mind.

>>50122789
Except that it should nag you, and suffering a Breaking Point doesn't mean an Integrity drop. That's my point. Experiencing a Breaking Point never meant an automatic drop, as people seem to treat it.

>>50122886
And plenty of people have fucking shot terrorists in the face and still found that to be profoundly fucking troubling, even though they felt it was justified. Basically what >>50122959 says.
>>
>>50122959
>you think that anyone who ever got PTSD fighting the Nazis was a Nazi sympathizer

Are you retarded? I neither said nor implied that. I said that whether you view killing dire enemies as a sin, duty, or improvement probably is what it depends on.

Since there exists nearly no body of literature on the topic whatsoever I will probably never find out.

>>50123075
>And plenty of people have fucking shot terrorists in the face and still found that to be profoundly fucking troubling

I find that very likely, yet there seems to be no data on the topic at all -- that is, comparing before and after attitudes on killing.
>>
>>50123105
>Since there exists nearly no body of literature on the topic whatsoever I will probably never find out.
What? No body of literature on what topic? PTSD? Morality? Whether killing people fucks you up? Shit, I'm pretty sure there were Nazis who suffered PTSD from eliminating their undesirables.

Are you seriously telling me that you can't find any information--not one single article--on how people who've killed felt about it afterwards?
>>
Hell, I'm pretty sure I've seen like six r/AskReddit threads about "Redditors who've killed someone, how did it feel?"
>>
>>50123259
>No body of literature on what topic? PTSD? Morality? Whether killing people fucks you up?

Thought I was being clear, but whatever: I would love to read a study, if any existed, on to what degree people's attitude on killing affects the trauma of killing, alone.

>I'm pretty sure there were Nazis who suffered PTSD from eliminating their undesirables.

Killing someone who's helpless, or taking heavy casualties in the process, rather obscures what is causing the trauma, don't you agree?

Not to mention it would probably depend on whether the German in question was a Nazi (only about 20% were, iirc) and whether they believed in exterminating the undesirables.
>>
>>50123397
Almost all fiction written in response to World War One was about how the notion that war was glorious was no longer true, because up until that point, war was seen as something you would *maybe* get killed in, but you'd also gain glory and honour.
The brutal disgusting and dehumanizing process of trench warfare and the advent of mechanized modern warfare changed that. Running through the haze of mustard gas and dying in a ditch wasn't glorious.

People went into the war thinking that it would be just and good and honourable. They came out shell shocked and traumatized.
>>
>>50123464
>They came out shell shocked and traumatized.

Not even the teensiest, tiniest surprised in any way.
>>
>>50123582
Well fucking duh, it was WWI.
>>
>>50123698
Yep.

But it doesn't really help us get any closer to figuring out an answer to the question. 10% overall casualties will generally drive people nuts.
>>
>>50122576
>Now you can say "I'm Swooning" and look up what Swooning does and keep track of it.
This is in and of itself extra bookkeeping. Add on top of that the fact that you're dependent on tracking and then dumping your conditions if you want more than a couple of Beats at the end of a session...
>>
>>50122576
>Or, alternately, having that card helps keep the actual bookkeeping to a minimum.
Oh yes, I love having to buy extra feelies in order to keep track of what's going on in the session.

>I actually find mechanical structure to help the narrative.
I'm sorry your imagination is broken and you can't include things in your narrative unless there are clear, concrete dice bonuses and penalties that the game has predefined for you involved.
>>
>>50123075
>People do bleed out if they're fill Lethal, though. That's a thing to keep in mind.
Doesn't it take one minute for a point of Lethal to convert into Aggravated due to bleeding out? That's like 20 combat rounds.
Thread posts: 369
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.