[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Warhammer 40,000 general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 369
Thread images: 38

File: 1475301356200.jpg (269KB, 1034x775px) Image search: [Google]
1475301356200.jpg
269KB, 1034x775px
Eldars aren't the top army because I alwayscdefeat the new guy that use them in my gaming group edition.

>Rules
https://mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!2tgBUTYI

https://mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ!ddAxALZD

https://mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

https://mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>FAQ’s and Errata (outdated but official)
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s).
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
http://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library(Stay the fuck away from the clowns)
https://mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb
>>
>yfw Carnac got BTFO with confirmation in White Dwarf and BoP fluff that SoS are still around in 40k
>>
>>50016807
Eldar stopped being the top army when Genestealer Cults released.

Right now it's probably Dark Angels.
>>
2016 ARMY POWER RANKINGS
S:
Battle Company
Librarius Conclave attached to fucking anything

A:
CWE
C:SM
GSC
Tau
Demons
Necrons
Pre-FAQ War Convo

B:
KDK
IK
SoB
Deathwatch
Post-FAQ War Convo
Corsairs as allies
'Freakshow' lists

C:
GK
IG
MT
Harlequins
Inq
BA
Corsairs solo
Skitarii/CM
R&H

D:
Tyranids
DKoK

F:
Orkz
CSM
Dark Eldar
>>
File: 10 billion aoens in paint.png (1MB, 1200x1090px) Image search: [Google]
10 billion aoens in paint.png
1MB, 1200x1090px
>>50016854
>Right now it's probably Dark Angels.
>>
Riptides should explode like a super-heavy walker (apocalyptic megablast) when they die.
>>
File: image.jpg (739KB, 1861x2328px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
739KB, 1861x2328px
When will Necrons get a Titan?
>>
>>50016770

Nha man, you take The Purge to get an Ordnance Tyrant as your warlord so you can spam Wyverns, Quad Mortars and Rapier teams.
You bublewrap the whole thing in hordes of Plague zombies and you have one of the most obnoxious tarpit based army to deal with.

A standard 1500pts list shits out about 30 blast templates a turn and most of the army is T7 due to how weapon teams work. Enought to give any infantry based player PTSD.
>>
>>50016870
'no'. They have compact failsafe super mega ultra safe reactors, it's in the fluff and they're brilliant and better than anything Imperial!

t. Carnac
>>
Is there any place one could buy recast Death Korps of Krieg models from? Friend of mine wants some of their infantry and the prices on Forgeworld are pretty overcosted for what they are.
>>
>>50016903
Z
>>
>>50016887
>there is no option to put two guns on it's back like the old school Broadsides

Shit model.

And Necrons have superpowerful shit already. C'tan Shards and so on. Anything 'Titan' sized is pretty unfair. They'd need a new fluff written for it. They used to have those Epic video game controller shaped dildo things.

My guess is they'll get it for IA16 or something.
>>
>>50016903
Try chinaman
>>
>>50016893
What to plague zombie even run?
>>
>>50016903
>pretty overcosted for what they are.

No such thing. Google "Free Market" and "Capitalism". Something is only worth what somebody is willing to pay for it. Furthermore, before you go

>b-b-ut it's just resin!!!

You need to remember

>Taxes
>Manufacturing
>Buying the Machines
>Training people to use machines
>Making moulds
>Designing moulds
>Designing model
>Importing costs
>different country taxes
>brick store staff wages
>brick store property tax

Etc. Etc. Etc. They're 'expensive'. They're a hobby. They're not 'overcosted'. You personally find them expensive, but a enthusiast website isn't selling to you.
>>
>>50016903

Look up Yoyhammer. Everything you need right there.
>>
>>50016887

Wasn't there a pocket-sized star used as mega-artillery?
>>
File: [doubts internally].gif (485KB, 292x323px) Image search: [Google]
[doubts internally].gif
485KB, 292x323px
>>50016862
>>
>>50016951
They are Fearless, have a 4+FNP and cost 3ppm.

You want them to provide cover to your mortar teams and protect them from assault and drop pods.
>>
>>50016959
Free market means i am free to say
>wow thats over costed
and take my business to recasters. Thats capitalism baby
>>
>>50016867
t. butthurt marine player
>>
>>50016971
But can yo get them AND ordanance tyrant?
Don't they require a separate guy with a seperate trait to be warlord
>>
>>50016909
>>50016925
Both aren't taking NEW customers. This is due to overload of orders and fear of 'spies'. He's got like 3 emails as well. The ONLY way I know he accepts new orders if it's like $250+ orders.
>>
>>50016983
Unless you get slapped with a fine for importing counterfeit goods.
>>
>>50016983
That's perfectly fine, it isn't overcosted though. I did say you view them as 'expensive'. They're not overcosted, that doesn't happen.
>>
>>50016862

>corsairs below BA

What the fuck am I looking at
>>
>>50017016
They're in the same tier, or a higher one if used as Allies. How the fuck do you figure below.
>>
>>50016989
Nope, your covenant and your devotion are two separate things.

You just have to take the Nurgle Covenant for your Ordnance Tyrant
>>
File: 1477512507841-tg.gif (301KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1477512507841-tg.gif
301KB, 500x375px
>>50016862
>>
>>50016924

You're misinformed, the Transcendant C'tan unit no longer exists anymore, and rather a unit with the same name marginally weaker than other C'tan has bein introduced to replace it.

Without updating the fluff. So you have a mass of C'tan shards no more powerful than individual ones. Whilst a nerf was absolutely in order, it has functionally been nerfed into nonexistance.

The only Necron Superheavies as of current are a better Monolith in the Obelisk, a more expensive version of that which doesn't justify the upgrade cost because it's extra gun has a random profile in the Tesseract Vault, and a horrendously pricy Skyfire gun in the Pylon.

And regardless, none of those are Titan scale.
>>
File: 915298598129581.jpg (865KB, 713x1023px) Image search: [Google]
915298598129581.jpg
865KB, 713x1023px
Guys it is true that SoB/Adeptus Soritas are getting a codex soon?
>>
>>50017027

I thought you put them in descending order, my fault. Doesn't really matter though, a decent corsairs list would fucking annihilate in C tier and pretty much everything in B tier.
>>
>>50016862
Thus a new meme was born.
>>
>>50017078
8th ED and a new sisters codex is coming out early next year, most likely at the same time.
>>
>>50017078
Looks like, I wouldn't get my hopes so high tough.
>>
>>50017078
Not confirmed of course but there are rumors that it's coming next year around 8th edition and theres a WarhammerTV video that explicitly teases "Plastic Sisters of Battle". They wouldn't do new figs for them without a new book.
>>
>>50016862

>Librarius conclave highest tier

Yes because spending a third or more of your points on a handful of T4 characters just because you wanna fish for the handful of broken as shit Psyker powers doesn't leave you with gaping vulnerabilities and a lower model count, right?

God, tourneyfags are so myopic in their power builds they can't see basic list construction for the spammy trees.
>>
File: 1243682726.png (164KB, 413x452px) Image search: [Google]
1243682726.png
164KB, 413x452px
>>50016846
>mfw BL got BTFO with burning of prospero completely ignoring their shit retcons
>>
How is Slaanesh Daemons? I've got a bunch of Diaz daemonettes and Seekers sitting around. What other things would I need to support the Slaanesh stuff with?
>>
>>50017150

Wait, what happened? Anything ignoring BL makes me happy.
>>
File: avin a giggle.gif (1MB, 300x165px) Image search: [Google]
avin a giggle.gif
1MB, 300x165px
>>50017009
>he thinks my government would/could do that
good one
>>50017011
Overcosted compared to GW stuff
>>
>>50017053
My point was, anything Titan Scale would be so stupidly overpowered you'd either need to nerf it and break fluff via weaker weapons, or over price it.

I can't remember the name of that Epic Titan tier thing they had. Oberon or something... I can't remember. Would just about do it, but as I said, too powerful.

And why doesn't the Transcendent C'tan exist any more? There was the caged version and the uncaged version iirc.
>>
>>50017078
As per usual. Ignore until we get leaks. It's pointless otherwise. You get your hopes up and then they're dashed.
>>
>>50017165
They are alright. they have the 'a-million-low-Str-High-I-ws-attacks' thing, and with rending they arent terrible, they just lack defences
>>
>>50017150
Yeah. Fuck BL in that regard.

>>50017171
Black Library editor got asked on whether SoS were around in 40k on their forum and they went "NO THEY'RE 100% NOT THERE STOP ASKING WE'RE IN CHARGE AND WE SAY NO". So GW BTFO them out with BoP.

At least that's what I assume.
>>
>>50017181

Like I said, they disallowed the gargantuan creature, using the apocalpytic templates version, and replaced it with a statline that is basically indistinguishable in strength, arguably weaker, certainly blander than generic C'tan.

And again, I do think the old one needed severe nerfs, just not complete erasure from existing in stat form.
>>
>>50017197

Laurie Goulding gets ignored again. How wonderful.
>>
>>50017171
things got reverted to Collected Visions

Magnus got his warning out
Emps told him to fuck off and sent Russ to kill him

No ambiguous "bring him back for questioning", no "horus secretly changed the orders". Just "you fucked up, now you're going to die"

Would have had Bjorn there in name as well, if not for those meddling kids.
>>
File: 1477093136803.jpg (13KB, 304x166px) Image search: [Google]
1477093136803.jpg
13KB, 304x166px
>>50017150
>mfw BL got BTFO with burning of prospero completely ignoring their shit retcons
Explain yourself
>>
>>50017215
>Emps told him to fuck off and sent Russ to kill him
>No ambiguous "bring him back for questioning", no "horus secretly changed the orders". Just "you fucked up, now you're going to die"
This is not what happens in BoP, there was a developer interview less than a week ago where Phil Kelly *explicitly* states that Horus and Tzeentch fucked with the orders and turned it into the bloodbath it was and it was not the Emperor's intent.
>>
>>50017268
>This is not what happens in BoP
straight up is, bro
>>
>>50017268
Read the booklet brah
>>
>>50017209
Oh wait. The other (original) anon was talking about the retcon over the message.

BL Fluff: "Hey Russ, go capture Magnus and bring him back for me"
"Hey, Horus, this says Emps is going to capture Magnus, whaddya want to do?"
"Oh, change it to KILL MAGNUS instead"
"Oh, I got your message Dad, Russ will go kill for you"

And then there was death.

GW version: "Hey Russ, go kill Magnus for me"
"YIFF! Sure thing dad!" *wags tail*

No interception, no changed message.

>>50017236
See this.
>>
>>50017165
Very fast, very killy, very fragile.

Pure Slaanesh is the weakest of all daemon armies because their only way to get around their lack of assault grenades is to force pinning tests before they charge.
They prey on low leadership so the armies with ld10/fearless harms them.
>>
File: 1500 Admech.jpg (130KB, 602x1286px) Image search: [Google]
1500 Admech.jpg
130KB, 602x1286px
What do people think of a relatively friendly list I'm putting together for a local 1500 point campaign over the next few weeks? think I'm lacking some Anti Armor, but can't figure out where to jam it in.
>>
>>50017289

I can't wait for FW to retcon everything again when they release their version!

Supposedly there was a company of Sons of Horus overseeing the burning of prospero.

And then Laurie will get mad that people think anything but BL is canon and throw another hissy fit about it.

Going to be good times.
>>
>3rd Edition IA14

Why? What's in it? Decurions and Formations for Red Scorps, Inquisition and Nids? Also, I hope Red Scorps get proper relics, not those shitty Power Sword+1 crap.
>>
>>50017289
That sounds fucking awful.
Why are people thinking that's a good thing?
>>
>>50016862
Are you retarded?

Also isn't the guy currently leading the ITC with a SW and DA deathstar list?
>>
>>50017327
I honestly hate Laurie. He is a totally fucknut who basically thinks he's in charge and keeps enforcing his shit canon when he should basically be following established fluff and expanding it. Not outright changing IMPORTANT events to fit his meme fucking vision.

I hope GW told him to shut the fuck up on BL's website over going "Hur dur SoS don't exist any more". Especially since Carnac, the eternal shitposter, latched onto it and shitposted with it. GW told Josh Reynolds to STFU as well. So I hope Laurie got it worse.

Oh and GW also retconned Blackmane's book which says Cadia's 'ground' as been 'lost'. Since Blackmane isn't on Cadia, he is on Fenris. The whole 13th GC return retconned the whole thing I believe.
>>
>>50017354

Nope, its Matt Root with War Convo.
>>
>>50017338
Because BL was basically stepping out of line enforcing it's preferred canon and GW didn't like it. It's changed from Emperor forgiving Magnus yet again (when he said he'd severely punish him if he tampered with warp again) to outright punishing him.

So now Horus just gets involved only to make sure 1K Sons turn to Chaos.
>>
>>50017354

The ITC leader is currently a War Convo player, the Deathstar player is in 2nd by about 100 points
>>
>>50017282
>>50017288
facebook
/WarhammerTVteam/ videos/ 273022946426024

Then they got some intern scrub to write the booklet and he fucked up. Here is the head lore guy for 40k directly contradicting that.
>>
>>50017404
sorry m8, last published material disagrees

pls take your headcanon fanfiction elsewhere
>>
>>50017364
> Hey guys we have this cool idea where we send out campaigns and the results of your battles mean something.

>We didn't like those results. We're retconning everything.

> Hey guys we have this cool idea where we send out campaigns and the results of your battles mean nothing.
>>
Hey guys, i recently created my own Blood Angels successor, what do you think of them ?
they are named " Cruzificators" , the colors are primarily dark grey with red,bronze and silver as additional colours.
They have very high causality rates and they fall to the black rage far more often than other chapters, which is why the average marine is very young compared to other chapters.
They are very Reckless,hotheaded, they often overdo things and they are very zealous because they know that they dont have that much time in this life, so they try to do as much in the time they have. They would have lower causalities if they wouldn't act like that, but they never considered not being hotheaded kids. They are named Cruzificators because of they tend to nail captured(or already dead ) enemies to crosses whenever they conquer a planet. I plan to make a dreadnought who carries a cross with a cultist nailed to it.
Usually there are around 450 or less of them despite the fact that they have very high recruitment rate.Their Homeworld used to be a Hive/Shrine world until traitors tried to exterminate it. They failed, but now it is a deathworld where people fight in giant mechanic caves, eating mushrooms and fighting each other until they die because of the toxic dust in the air. They prefer close combat,mechanized assault and they favor terror tactics.
What do you think, am i to edgy with this or are they okay ?
>>
File: 1405579019337.gif (2MB, 375x471px) Image search: [Google]
1405579019337.gif
2MB, 375x471px
>>50017404
>current year
>using jewbook
try again fuckstain
>>
>>50017282
>>50017288
Different anon, and I'm not saying you're wrong

But is it not possible that BoP might be straight up "Imperial Propaganda" in that regard, as post-heresy no one would want to admit that Horus played them all?
>>
>>50017420
>headcanon fanfiction
Nice try, Carnac.

Calling words directly out of the mouth of the head background writer for GW "headcanon fanfiction" basically invalidates every argument you have ever made (not that you're raging mental disabilities didn't do that already).

BTFO
T
F
O
>>
>>50017404
Most RECENT canon is the canon.

There is also a talk of Kelly mentioning there are lots of 'Eldar hybrids' in Commoraggh. So what? It isn't written anywhere else.

It doesn't matter who wrote it. It's the most recent canon, so it's the current canon until something changes it. Do you think there has to be 20 years before a retcon can be achieved?

Have you thought that the TV Team got it wrong due to having to try and remember so much different shit?
>>
>>50017433
>being such a social reject you have no use for a throwaway fake-name FB account to coordinate and network
I guess I'm a fuckstain for not being a pathetic no-life NEET? lol
>>
>>50017431
That has been GW's way. Were you not around for Storm of Chaos? GW retconned every single battle fought because Chaos kept losing. In the end they opened it up to a phone vote and the players basically called GW on their bullshit and voted for Chaos to lose.

That's why WHFB went on for another decade for no reason.
>>
>>50017432
"Cruzificators" sounds a little too "bloodsecutioner"
Just call them "Crucifiers".
Which would also make a cool name for a special veteran squad.
>>
>>50017431
>> Hey guys we have this cool idea where we send out campaigns and the results of your battles mean something.
>>We didn't like those results. We're retconning everything.
I'm pretty sure every time, EVERY time GW actually tries to abide by campaign results, the losers throw a hissy fit. I remember Storm of Chaos very well.
>>
>>50017441
That isn't Carnac. He doesn't type like that. Do you even know who he is?

Latest material always trumps shit that comes before it. Don't like it? Call them on it.
>>
>>50017445
>Most RECENT canon is the canon.
This video came out after the BoP set was already created and and all the material written, so technically that does make it the most recent canon.

>It doesn't matter who wrote it.
Oh, I see, you're just shitposting.
>>
>>50017295
>>50017189
Hmm. Same as always then. And poking around it looks like Kairos is still the core of Competitive Daemon armies. That's a little disappointing. I suppose I could look into a Tzeentch/Slaanesh list.
>>
>>50017009
>Free market
>Fines
I don't think you understand the concept of a free market, anon.
>>
>>50017468
Storm of Chaos was a clusterfuck of hilarity. To be fair, GW ended it fantastically. Grimgor headbutting Archaon to death after Valten got owned. Then Grimgor goes "IM DA BEST" and goes off to fight something else.

Then Valten got stabbed or some shit in bed. Long time ago.
>>
>>50017479

While not a top tier army Infernal Tetrad can be really fun to play.
>>
>>50017474
Carnac does type in fact like that, bruv. He mixes up the style from time to time probably hoping people don't realize it's him, but he tends to use the same word choice.
>>
>>50017479

You have always needed to go more than mono God for a competitive list anyway.
>>
>>50017478
Fuck off Carnac. It doesn't matter who wrote it. It's all 100% OFFICIAL GW MATERIAL.
>>
>>50017492

Different guy, but is it worth it? I'm one Prince away from playing one, but I can always use my LoC as a Prince, too.
>>
>>50017495
This is Carnac >>50017478

That's how he types. But you're probably right. He exists to shitpost and will switch to a new topic when he gets BTFO.
>>
>>50017496
>Only reason why formations might be a good thing eventually.
>>
>>50017420
Unless it BL, or WD, or in a codex because they are biased.
>>
>>50017465
Crucifiers is so much better, why didnt i think of that ?
thanks for giving my chapter a name that is easier to spell
>>
>>50017498

This.

No matter how much Laurie Goldberg hates it, that's how it works.
>>
>>50017289
I hope FW retcons it again into the original version which was Russ convincing the Emperor to order the kill on Magnus.
>>
Is reading all the books in the Horus Heresy main series good to get everything or should I track down the novellas, short stories and audio books too?
>>
>>50017506

It is probably the most fun I have playing 40k because it is such a weird army. You just roll around a ball of butcher knives and beat stuff. Is tough to win most games because all you're really doing is blowing up shit on objectives but man its fun to punch stuff to death with them.
>>
>>50017483
And recasts are counterfeit.
>>
>>50017498
>>50017511
>Calling the guy who supports Phil Kelly's WoG over "lol any GW writer is canon" Carnac
Are you guys completely ass-backwards retarded?
>>
>>50017432
>They are named Cruzificators because of they tend to nail captured(or already dead ) enemies to crosses whenever they conquer a planet.
That's... pretty good
But Cruzificators is actually a kind of dumb name. Needs work in my opinion
You could use "Crucifiers"
Crucifigere<- Latin for crucifixion. I don't know what the "person who does it" version of that noun is, but you could always invent one like:
Crucifigereo
Or
Crucifigerii

Occasionally I use German forms for my made up Gothic instead of Latin ones, so Kreuzigung is German for Crucifixion, so you could use something off of that.

But yeah, ok fluff, new name
>>
>>50017526

Can't you just summon what you need for objectives?
>>
>ITT: Newfags who aren't actually familiar with Carnac's arguments and think Carnac is any anon who disagrees with them
Wew lad.
>>
>>50017545

You can but more often than not you want to focus on buffs and debuffs to help turn yourself into more of a monster. Hitting a prince or two with a few biomancy buffs and hurtling into a SW/DA deathstar is amazing.

Also Psychic Shriek is really good.
>>
>>50017520
Well fuck and I wrote bullshit for nothing
>>50017542
>You could use "Crucifiers"
>>
File: Exterminatus.gif (282KB, 400x296px) Image search: [Google]
Exterminatus.gif
282KB, 400x296px
>>50017562
>They're...they're just calling each other Carnac down there.
>>
>>50017537
We don't even know who wrote it. You're the one assuming it's a 'intern'. Regardless, it's an officially published material from Games Workshop.

Therefore it is canon. How many people watch that video? Does everybody who buy the BoP and thus reads the booklet then go online to get the info corrected? No? Then it isn't canon.

Just like what Josh Reynolds or that new guy say on their ask.fm pages or tumblr pages isn't canon.
>>
>>50017542
i am german and it would be extremly strange to tell my friends that my order is called the " Kreuziger "
im probably call the Crucifiers
I think i`ll call my chapter master " Pontius "
>>
>>50017578
>Obscure lore isn't canon because lots of people won't see it.

This is the same argument you're making for something big.
>>
>>50017562
Naw it's more of a style, the refutes all arguments, and sources that disagree as retarded and bad writing.

Making broad and really bad analogies (well that's a /tg/ thing)
>>
>>50017338
This honestly.

I support shitting on Golding as much as anyone but in this particular case, Horus and Tzeentch fucking with the orders makes much more sense, and makes both Horus and the Emperor seem more competent.
>>
>>50017562
Oh I am, I know who he is and I know how he talks. Regardless, they're being just as fucking stupid as him going "nah this published official material doesn't count, this Facebook video which totally EVERYBODY will see is the right information!"

Why hasn't GW apologised and gone "Actually, wrong fluff, watch this video please". Because it's just a bit of TV. This is a shitty web podcast and has no actual fucking standing. If Kelly or Crudance or somebody went "Oh yeah Nids Tyrants are 1PPM and you can have as many as you want!" people are going to go "SWEET THIS IS OFFICIAL DISCARD THE INFORMATION IN THE CODEX!!!!"?
>>
>>50017523
>I hope FW retcons it again into the original version which was Russ convincing the Emperor to order the kill on Magnus.
What if they make it so everyone was in on it?

Big E had already decided to kill Magnus, but Russ comes in demanded that he do so, so he says "OK Russ, you convinced me" and Russ runs away thinking it was all his idea. The someone fucks up the orders slightly and the SoS and Custodians get orders to capture Magnus, which Horus subtly alters into Kill Magnus. Horus thinks he's such a brilliant schemer, but Big E had already decided to do that anyway.
>>
>>50017590
i forgot to add this

I think i`ll call my chapter master " Pontius " or " Caiaphas "
>>
File: 40keks.jpg (196KB, 780x780px) Image search: [Google]
40keks.jpg
196KB, 780x780px
>>50017576
Fuckin kek
>>
>>50017595
Again, by your logic, what Josh Reynolds said on his ask.fm page is 100% canon.

>>50017603
I don't even disagree with this, but the fact is, one is a podcast on a Facebook page that many people won't see (AND WE HAVE TO ASSUME HE DIDN'T MAKE A MISTAKE) compared to a booklet that says something different.

One is wrong, one is right. you'd have to ask GW for which one is which.

Hell, I'll go and do it now. What should I ask?

>BoP booklet says Emperor ordered Russ to kill Magus, while this WarhammerTV video says that the Emperor's orders were changed from "capture" to "kill" by Chaos. Which is it?
>>
>>50017606
>If Kelly or Crudance or somebody went "Oh yeah Nids Tyrants are 1PPM and you can have as many as you want!" people are going to go "SWEET THIS IS OFFICIAL DISCARD THE INFORMATION IN THE CODEX!!!!"?
Debates about canonicity aside

>Cruddace doing something that helps nids
>Fucking ever
>>
>>50017590
>>50017615
Leader of the First Company, Captain "Iscariot"
>>
>>50017636
>Hell, I'll go and do it now. What should I ask?

As whatever, you'l just get
"who can truly say? Horus is dead and the Emperor is silent"
>>
>>50017646
That's exactly my point. Even though we know Cruddance hates Nids, if the video said so, would we outright believe it? I mean, it's a video! It's totally 100% canon! No mistakes made, it trumps all published material!
>>
>>50017636
>(AND WE HAVE TO ASSUME HE DIDN'T MAKE A MISTAKE)
I mean he kind of went on about it for several minutes, talking about how tragic it was, brought it up multiple times, it's not just one throwaway line. You guys should watch the video.

I'm going to trust Phil Kelly, head background writer, over the booklet in the board game that most people will never actually read because they're just buying the set for plastic 30k and Custodes/Sisters.
>>
>>50017656
Subtle, like chapter master Ichigo Kurosaki of the Sprit Reapers chapter.
>>
>>50017524
Anyone, feel free to stop shitposting and answer my question. It's not a hard one.
>>
File: just about done.jpg (60KB, 700x500px) Image search: [Google]
just about done.jpg
60KB, 700x500px
>>50017664
I'VE HAD ENOUGH ANON. I WANT FUCKING OUT.

SOME OF YOU FAGGOTS ARE ALRIGHT, DON'T GO TO THE WEST SIDE OF 40K'S FACEBOOK PAGE TOMORROW.

SO LONG, SPACE HERETICS.
>>
>>50017656
im so gonna do that

there was once a powerful human psyker who claimed to be the the reborn emperor, but they crucified him and thus damned everyone because he was telling the truth
>>
What's the best army building tool?
>>
I think we can all agree that GW just fucking sucks at keeping an internally consistent canon between its multiple writers, and you can go with whatever version you feel fits best.
>>
>>50017680
Ew.
>>
>>50017669
>trusting Kelly

You dun it now Heresy Potter.
>>
>>50017687
Pen and paper.
>>
>>50017689
>and you can go with whatever version you feel fits best.

You dun it now as well. Carnac incoming. EVERYBODY HIT THE DECK.
>>
>>50017704

Is Laurie Goldberg also Carnac? It would make a bit of sense.
>>
>>50017704
You guys realize Carnac would just wither and die if we all stopped giving him (You)'s and bringing up his name? We gotta stop giving him power.
>>
File: WBCover.jpg (150KB, 453x709px) Image search: [Google]
WBCover.jpg
150KB, 453x709px
What are the odds CSM will get a new codex in 2017?
>>
>>50017720
Considering how much he always attempts to shit on Tyranids sometimes I wonder if Carnac is actually Cruddace.
>>
>>50017566

Well, duh. Shriek is amazing.

But you have 3 psykers, you can always toss a single power into Maelific and grab some horrors. Then again, I suppose you could ally horrors and a Tzerald and summon that way.

I will usually roll Shriek, Summon, and a Bio on my HQ Prince because he's already running around with an Impossible Robe. Usually, he'll end up with a Staff of Change for that +2S to go with his AP2. Then again, I mostly play Tzeentch, so a Tetrad would be different.
>>
>>50017338
Because the BL way is entirely based on the BL HH notion that everyone is a retard.

Emperor tells Magnus to knock it off with the warp shit, and when he not only continues to dabble in warp shit, but also breaches the Imperial Palace and delivers heresies, Emperor just goes "Hmm... This need investigation, better not do what I said I'd do and err on the side of caution and hear what Magnus has to say, even though I didn't believe him in the first place."

Then Russ, with orders from the Emperor to apprehend Magnus, gets convinced by Horus that "Nah, fuck that old man, we need to kill Magnus, Russ, we need to kill them all." And everyone in Russ' party, including all the Custodes and SoS, go along with this plan, and nobody reports back to the Emperor that Russ changed the plan or that Horus was involved in any way.

Meanwhile, the old version is very simple. Emperor tells Magnus to not do it, Magnus does it, Magnus gets rekt. Russ gets to be a murderhobo and not a complete retard. Magnus gets his shit pushed in for disobeying the Emperor, even if for a good cause, and it's easier for Horus to sweep to his aid than trying to explain how Russ was ordered to apprehend Magnus until Horus met up with him. Emperor gets to be an assertive father figure, who means what he says, instead of a pussy who can't stay true to his word and doesn't question what happened in the slightest.
>>
>>50017730
Undivided CSM? Not Good.

Cult Legions Codexes 100% Guaranteed.
>>
>>50017680
>>50017590
If you can, you could make the Chapter Master carry a Lance/Spear. You could use the Asterion Moloc model, even use his rules if you're fine with Minotaurs tactics. You could also greenstuff the back end of a power-sword
>>
>>50017727
It's too late anon

We're all Carnac now

>>50017720
oh god, that faggot in charge of writing fluff? no wonder it's so shit. I just think carnac sucks their dick. This is a guy who buys both physical AND digital of every single book GW releases, reads them and then spoils them on the fucking board and refuses to use spoiler tags. So he's a cunt, we know that.
>>
>>50017730
CSM core? Dunno if they'll get one that soon. But Thousand Sons is getting a book before the end of the year, and then Emperor's Children and Death Guard are in the pipeline as well. Then they'll probably squat Khorne Daemonkin but effectively replace it with World Eaters, and THEN we should see a new vanilla C:SM book.
>>
>>50017689
Yes.
And yes as long as it's actually written and not a extrapolation.
>>
>>50017745
>Emperor gets to be an assertive father figure, who means what he says, instead of a pussy who can't stay true to his word and doesn't question what happened in the slightest.
He also gets to tragically die by the hand of the one he trusted most, having spurned the one who could truly have helped him.
>>
>>50017762
>This is a guy who buys both physical AND digital of every single book GW releases, reads them and then spoils them on the fucking board and refuses to use spoiler tags. So he's a cunt, we know that.
I think that's more evidence in support of the idea he somehow works for GW - that means he would get his hands on all that shit for free anyway.
>>
>>50017745

With all the bullshit that is perpetuals and the cabal further diluting the HH, I think it would be good to bring back some simplicity to the series.

Not everything has to be a massive plan that's been in the works for hundreds of years.
>>
>>50017761
im so gonna do that
Asterion Moloc is forge world exclusive , right ?
>>
>>50017795
nah, he's shown receipts, so he doesn't get them for free. guy is an asshole. his old tripcode was TIDF or something, he spammed so many times it was funny.

but if he is working for gw, i'd love to know his name.
>>
>>50017808
Yeah, he's from their OC chapter so I'm pretty sure he is.
>>
>>50017746
Got a source on info about this? Highly curious
>>50017773
Shame we gotta roll through the god power creep first. I heard rumors but this was several months ago. I don't keep up with 40k as much as I would like to, sadly, and i've sold every army except chaos so really have no incentive to get out and play.
>>
>>50017817
>but if he is working for gw, i'd love to know his name

Its Laurie Goulding
>>
>>50017823
well, forgeworld isnt as cheap as gw, but that isnt a problem, i get discount on FW products....
I think i will use it as Power maul or Power sword, but i wont change the model, except for the shield since i dont want the minotaurs sign on my minis
>>
>>50017823
I though Red Scorpions were FW's pet chapter?
>>
>>50017773
I hate the idea of the legions getting books instead of more daemonkin since it further removes the important your-guys factor that's a huge draw of 40k.
>>
>>50017857

Not since the success of their Badab stuff.
>>
>>50017865
Huh, well I just want someone to get some Stor, Wardens stuff going, best colour scheme since the heresy.
>>
>>50017479
Khorne/Slaanesh is a pretty strong list.

Khrone cannons provide much needed long range fire power and allow Slaanesh daemons to actually charge in to cover AND use their initiative while summoned bloodcrushers smash in to their tanks.
>>
>>50017855

> i get discount on FW products

Oh great one, explain yourself please.
>>
>>50017894
Something tells me his brother is a locksmith
>>
>>50017886

Strong in what capacity? It's a bottom tier list in a good tier book.
>>
>>50017865
>>50017875
>>50017857
GW's pet chapers:
Ultramarines
Blood angels
Space wolves
Dark angels
Imperial fists
Raven guard

FW's pet chapters:
Red scorpions
Minotaurs
Carcharodons
Exorcists
Red hunters
>>
File: Magnus.jpg (93KB, 1200x833px) Image search: [Google]
Magnus.jpg
93KB, 1200x833px
>>50017837
Fucking everyone. Plus you know, Daemon Magnus with TSons Box.

www.facebook com/WarhammerTVteam/videos/266256350436017/

Every major accurate rumourmonger says Legions.

They also say more Primarchs on both sides incoming.
>>
>>50017860
Except you can always counts-as Thousand Sons/Deathguard as Tzeentch Daemonkin/Nurgle Daemonkin etc. without any problems whatsoever, just like Second Founding Chapters descended from Blood Angels can use the BA Codex.

On the other hand, it's a bit unfair to the players who want to play the actual Legions to have to put up with a kin Codex that doesn't give them the same focus on their fluff that the First Founding Loyalists get.
>>
>>50017848
Then with that, I shall report him to GW for releasing book exerts on /tg/ and uploading their material for download. Enjoy prison!
>>
>>50017915
Ah yeah, Wardens are.. well were FFG's chapter.

Wonder how far they'll get buried after the split.
>>
>>50017915
Red Hunters? Pfffthahahahah.

Exorcists? Pffffthahahahah.

Red Scorps and Minotaurs are. Carharodons only have like one model.
>>
File: IMG_2301.jpg (785KB, 1024x765px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2301.jpg
785KB, 1024x765px
Boar Bikerz (1250)

-Zhardsnark (150)

-Mek (110)
•KFF •Bike

-Nobz *squad of 5* (370)
•Waagh banner •bikes •Clawz

-Warbikerz *squad of 7 with Nob*(179)
•claw

-warbikerz *squad of 7 with Nob*(179)
•claw

-warbikerz *squad of 5 with Nob*(143)
•claw

-Burna bomma (115)
>>
>>50017919
latest White Dwarf also basically confirms the Loyalist Primarchs returning and Adeptus Custodes and SoS getting more stuff.
>>
>>50017919
>>50017837

More links

https://war-of-sigmar.herokuapp.com/bloggings/1220

https://war-of-sigmar.herokuapp.com/bloggings/1222

Lady Atia talks about Mortarion coming back and stuff in the comments.
>>
>>50017894
I started my Tabletop carrier in my local GW and still visit it quite often
Sometimes i helped new customers understand what Warhammer is, so the manager offerd me a job for what i am already doing anyway.
Now i get GW and BL 50% cheaper and FW 10% cheaper
Checking /tg/ is part of my job because i need to understand the fanbase better
>>
>>50017915
>GW's pet chapers:
>Blood angels
>No Iron Hands
Nigga pls.
>>
>>50017805
That's why I like old 40k novels. They're just little stories set in the universe with no grand plan to them. Power struggle between factions on some remote planet, political intrigue and murder investigation on an Imperial world, adventures of a down on his luck rogue trader, or just a road trip into the Eye of Terror.

I give many more shits about stories like that than the world shattering tales of epicness of nobody mook Marine #8492 that ends up accomplishing nothing on the grand scheme of things.

This is why I've always kept the position that HH should have been from the perspective of people working around the major figures, not their personal accounts. Imagine Prospero from the perspective of a space wolf and a thousand sons marine, and how their experiences differ from one another.
>>
>>50017953
I'm a BA player and outside of shit rules, GW does give us a lot. They have us BA specific Devs, Ass, Tacts and Terminators. They gave us 2 supplements (Shield of Baal + Angel's Blade).

It really isn't that bad. Forge World also gave us a unique weapon (though it's not really a weapon) for Stormbirds.

The only thing GW has been a dick on for BA is unique flyers and AA. Oh and the nerfs.
>>
>>50017941
Personally I'd take ~2 of the nobs down to Big Choppas.

Saves points, lets them strike at I and act as ablative wounds for the PK's

(If you can dig up enough point for a biker painboy for the nobs, or at least a banner to let them hit MEQ on 3+)
>>
File: diggy.png (70KB, 285x335px) Image search: [Google]
diggy.png
70KB, 285x335px
Which army would you rather play against in a tournament?

>Space Wolves
>Orks
>Dark Angels
>Tau
>Chaos Space Marines
>Necrons
>Dark Eldar

I ask because I'm looking to start playing with actual people soon, and I don't want to play with an army that people think "Oh no, not this again".

These are all the armies I have at least 1000 points of, some more (SW/Orks/Tau), but I'm preparing to bulk up any army I need to to reach playable levels.

I'm also considering GSC because I like the models and I still have some genestealers left over from when I collected Nids. But it seems like they're getting rather over-saturated right now, so I might hold off a bit.
>>
>>50017956
This.

Grand tales require consistency and a entire wall devoted to timelines and shit, drop hints and names fine, but GW writers are about as consistent as kindergarteners.
>>
>>50018003

Want to play in what capacity? I always love a new CSM player - its an easy win.
>>
>>50017956
>That's why I like old 40k novels.
I don't think I EVER liked a 40k novel before the first Ciaphus Cain. Which are you talking about?
>>
>>50018003
Orks.
>>
What's the lowest point number that you think gives a feel of what the game is about? 500? 1000?
>>
>>50018003
You literally never see Dark Elder in a tourney. There's a reason for that, people might ooh and aah at your models, but you won't have fun getting tabled by turn 3.

I'd say bring your CSM or Dark Angels if you aren't doing pure Ravenwing.
>>
>>50017922
It'd be far more fair to umbrella Thousand Sons under Tzeentch Daemonkin than it would be to umbrella all Tzeentch followers under Magnus and his tinboys.
>>
>>50017956

My favorite novel series is and always will be the Gaunt's Ghost series. I remember reading the first book and that's what got me in to 40k.

Now I just wish that IG were good.
>>
>>50018011
The problem is, GW has BL and FW to keep track of and it it's difficult. Any resembalance to consistency is good. But GW has never been consistent. Remember when SoB used to kill Marines specifically? Shit changes, son.

Just go with it, or do what I do, ignore it. I've only read one HH book, The First Heretic, and it was a slog. But it was essentially a 'nobody Marine' who became somebody. With his perspective of the big names. I only read it cause I'm subscribed to that monthly thing...
>>
>>50018026
What do you mean what the game is about? Kill Team is sufficient for learning most of the math of 40k (what's a 3+ save? How does BS and WS work? etc etc)
>>
>>50018018
>the first Ciaphus Cain
That was published 13 years ago.
>>
>>50018052
Not the crunch specifics, but the feeling of an actual match.
>>
>>50017432
Do they take the knot?
>>
>>50018011
Small stories also gives the author the liberty to do their own thing, because all they need to do is adhere to the major events, but anything that happens to the protagonist is up for grabs, and they're free to act and thing on their own, instead of being weighed down by "well, this isn't what Girlyman would say/do". Not to forget that since we don't know what's gonna happen to the protagonist, there's some tension. Nobody's gonna wonder how Bjorn's gonna get out of this one, we know he's gonna live to the ripe old age of bitter old dreadnought. But what about Aslak the Nobody, will he survive this encounter?
>>
>>50018040
I don't think so. There's basically no Tzeench space marine fluff outside TS.

Compare to the commonality of Khorne CSMs who aren't World Eaters, and Nurgle CSMs who aren't Death Guard (remember the Purge?).
>>
>>50017910
In that it's a good army from a good book.

Slaanesh brings the psychic capability through it's heralds and Khrone brings the fire support and assault grenades. Low tier by the value of the book but still above average generally.
>>
>>50018003
Well to be blunt, Ork/CSM/Deldar will underperform.

There's little fun in seeing your opponent realise he's lost at deployment and only keeps the game going past turn 2 out of sportsmanship.

Tau/Dark angels have a very bad rep and SW/Necrons are not far behind.

Dangles/SW/Necrons are also stuck with in a one power build and the rest just sorta work against lower tier opponents.
>>
>>50018061
500 is the best introductory point limit.
>>
>>50018054
Yeah, and there were books in the 90s that were terrible.
>>
>>50018085
Or the tonnes of Emperors children ofshoots.
>>
>>50018040
>It'd be far more fair to umbrella assaulty Space Marines under Rip And Tear Astartes than it would be to umbrella all melee Marines under Dante and his redboys
This is kinda what I'm hearing when I read that, and I dunno, I'm not convinced.

I'm not a big fan of TS or anything, never really played Chaos, but I know there are a lot of Legions fans out there who want their specific dudes and not some generic nu-GW invention.

I mean just look at the backlash when Crimson Slaughter came out. I think GW learned from this and are not going to try replacing classic Factions with literally-who tier things anymore.
>>
>>50018086

I mean I guess it'll do well against mid tier armies so that's fair enough.
>>
>>50018024
YA GITZ CALL DA ORKS? OH YA BOI R IN IT NOW! ERE WE GO ERE WE GO
ORK THREAD YA GITZ
>>
Going to buy a Knight soon to complete the majority of my War Convocation, and I was considering either a Warden, Crusader or Paladin. Is the Warden any good with Stormspear rockets, Gatling and Chainsword? It seems like a good all-rounder Knight to back up my army, and with some magnetisation I could possibly use it as a Paladin as well.
>>
>>50018018
>Daemon World
Some nobody barbarian decides to overthrow the planet's ruler. Other forces are at work. If you remove space marines and some tech, it's like a WHFB novel set in the Chaos wastes.

>Eye of Terror
Fake rogue trader kidnaps a loser navigator and they go all Bill and Ted across the Eye of Terror.

>Pawns of Chaos
Young kid from a Chaos planet tries to survive in an Imperial crusade and gets to tell Tzeentch to fuck off.

>Crossfire, Legacy, and Blind (aka. Enforcer Omnibus)
Adeptus Arbites investigations on an Imperial planet and getting to know Imperial law, politics, etc. There's no alien conspiracies or heretic uprisings, just good old greed and political backstabbing.
>>
File: Old.jpg (172KB, 1100x534px) Image search: [Google]
Old.jpg
172KB, 1100x534px
>>50018129
That was in years past, this is us now.

Orks wuz made fer fightin'an' winnin', but we ain't Orky no more.
>>
>>50018100
It was published closer to the publication date of Space Marine than it is to today, and even then Black Library was far less prolific in the nineites than now, it was probably one of the first dozen books written, maybe 2 dozen, and easily counts as an old 40k novel.
>>
>>50018138
>>Eye of Terror
>Fake rogue trader kidnaps a loser navigator and they go all Bill and Ted across the Eye of Terror.
S-shenanigans in space?
>>
>>50018129
I like the xenomorph head on the pike. The artist was like "Tyranids? Ahh, close enough, same thing really".
>>
So I'd like to start a SM army/special snowflake chapter based on animistic shamanism with some Native American overtones but I'm concerned that the concept may simply not work out given Marines fairly straight forward nature.I know you have the Raptors who deviate from the norm but they're also not well liked as a result. Do you think the concept could work?
>>
>>50018131
Best one for War Convocation is indeed Warden. But actually Ironstorm missiles are slightly better for war convocation than stormspear. What convo doesnt have is barrage weapons and means to reach out and touch targets that it cant see. Ironstorms are its only way to kill those pesky and weedy backline objective holders. 3 Krak missiles might done better job at direct damage but I've found that everytime I dont take Stormspears, I tend to miss them. Also keeps opponent honest about his coherency since bunching up might mean extra casulties. Try to remind him of that and see him waste brainpower on keeping his dudes 2" apart and fucking other things up.
>>
File: ch.jpg (57KB, 438x445px) Image search: [Google]
ch.jpg
57KB, 438x445px
>>50018015
Which would give challenge without relying on cheese, and would provide for a balance and enjoyable game. Do love me some nurgle marines tho.

>>50018024
>>50018033
>>50018088
All valuable input, thank you.

Would a Dark Angel or Space Wolf list completely fall flat if not running a specific power build?

Something to consider as well is that I am considering adding a Knight to any imperium list I run, but that's still a maybe.
>>
>>50017956
>Imagine Prospero from the perspective of a space wolf and a thousand sons marine, and how their experiences differ from one another.
collected visions has that

it was alright

which is probably why BoP completely went back to it
>>
>>50018170
>Would a Dark Angel or Space Wolf list completely fall flat if not running a specific power build?

No, they just can't play hardball.

The issue with dark angels is, they have bikes and termies, and it going to be bike carrying termies.

Wolves are a better at going outside the box as they don't have a real heavy focus they can pull off just about any playstyle.
>>
>>50018107
Daemonkin books need not exclude legions, where as a legion book excludes those outside said legion.

How is it so difficult to understand this? Why would you want LESS fluff, LESS lore.

This is not to mention the silly idea the legion fans somehow being neglected when they have the entire horus heresy series dedicated to them.
>>
>>50018153
There's a Dark Angel who was in a coma from HH to M41 and who meets a Fallen when he wakes up. There's an admiral who has a monocle that can see half a lightyear away in real time, and who had the inventor killed so he'd be the only one with such a device. There's a hippie brother and sister cruising the warp currents, delivering cargo from planet to planet on a rainbow coloured ship that looks like a leaping feline. There's a bloodthirster and lord of change who play a game of chess with two planets, locking them in orbit around one another with a massive bridge and letting the armies of the worlds duke it out. There's a daemonic toy set. And all this is happening against the backdrop of a black crusade being prepared and the Imperials trying to counter it.
>>
>>50018214
>Why would you want LESS fluff, LESS lore.
Depends on the lore, there the sort that adds depth and there's the sort that kills intentional ambiguity, nails down characters and pin post-its with "NECRONS DID IT" to every open question.
>>
>>50018232
Well shit gotta see if there an quality audiobook of it.
>>
>>50018214
How difficult is it for you to understand that we tried that already, and KDK does absolutely nothing to represent the World Eaters?
>>
So people keep talking about ditching the AV system. What if we just made everything use it instead, albiet only vehicles use the penetration table. After all:
>D6+Str.>T?
Is much more intuitive for newcomers than
>D6>4+(Str.-T)

Either way, vehicles themselves need different toughness or AV for each facing, as the armor save system simply does not vary enough to simulate the difference in armor values.
>>
>>50018164
Considering some of the crazier, canon OC chapters I would say almost anything can go.
>>
I bought that Forgeworld Legion Herald from GW, not sure if I want to keep it. Should I sell it now and buy another for myself with the profit or wait a little bit?
>>
So how much better would Orks be if they got a Detachment that gave them nine Heavy Support, Fast Attack, and four HQ slots by default?
>>
>>50018369
With what tax?
>no elites
>>
File: Sieppaa.png (764KB, 521x729px) Image search: [Google]
Sieppaa.png
764KB, 521x729px
I bought the Jess Goodwin Eldar Sketch Book at my local GW store.
God damn I have wanted a book like it forever.
>>
>>50018384

A mandatory two HQs (including the 15 point Meks) and two Troops (including Gretchin)?
>>
>>50018369
Maybe... 10%

Still have to deal with paying more for less, shit ld, unreliable, fragility, only 5th ed forgeworld, formations whose benefit fails to outweigh cost and rigidity.

>>50018423
He is one of the best artists, I'm more of a Wayne England fan but he doesn't seem to have any collected GW works.
>>
Idea:

Instead of AV, vehicles get T value based on their average AV value (rounding):
AV10: 5
AV11: 6
AV12: 7
AV13: 8
AV14: 9

So sentinel would have T5, rhino T6 and mighty land raider T9.

Vehicles would also get armor save. This is based on some facts: Normal armorsave is 3+. It gets dropped to 4+ if the vehicle is opentopped.

Also if vehicle has any wargear or special rules that gives it some form of extra protection or ignoting against damage or effect (like extra armour, spirit stones, power of machine spirit etc) then it gets Resilience1,2 or 3.

Resilience1: Armor save is increased to 2+ (or 3+ in case of opentopped)
Resilience2: Armor save is increased to in case of opentopped. If already 2+, vehicle gains 5++ inv save.
Resilience3: Armorsave is 2+, vehicle gains 5++. If not opentopped then vehicle gains Feel No Pain.

Tadaa. Vehicles fixed. They would also have special rule Vehicle which would modify grav, haywire, poison, shred, armorbane, tankhunters and all other effects that work on vehicles.
>>
>>50018423
>>50018438

Could you kind anons tell me more about GW's artists?
>>
>>50018444
I, like the idea that tanks are weaker at the back and stuff and that you can sneak up on them or whatever.
>>
>>50018436
So it's like Ork horde but better?
>>
>>50018444
Examples:

Sentinel is weedy T5 and has 4+ armorsave.
Armored Sentinel is T6 and has 2+ save due having extra armour.

Land raider is T9 and has 2+ save due having POtMS. If it has Extra Armor then it gains 5++. If its Land Raider Achilles with Ferromantic Invulnerability and extra armour, it has T9, 2+ save, 5++ and FNP. A real tough nut to crack!
>>
>>50017303
The AdMech looks relatively friendly, no crazy tech-priests or Dunecrawlers.

Don't know enough about Inquisition to judge that part
>>
How much melta do you need to make vulkan worth it?
>>
>>50018545
60 MultiMeltas.
>>
File: thats_as_many_as_six_tens.jpg (97KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
thats_as_many_as_six_tens.jpg
97KB, 500x750px
>>50018551
>>
File: WP_20161029_17_31_57_Pro.jpg (3MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20161029_17_31_57_Pro.jpg
3MB, 3840x2160px
Played a 1000pt rematch against the CSM player I played last week. Tabled him this game in revenge for being such a dick last game. It feels so good anons. Did anyone else play a game recently?
>>
>>50018463

Yes, only a true horde on the table.

>>50018384
>>50018436
>>50018438

What if they made every choice after the second or third Heavy Support or Fast Attack slot is filled free?

For instance:

> Heavy Support 1: Lootas

> Heavy Support 2: Mek Gunz

> Heavy Support 3: Battle Wagon

> Heavy Support 4: Killa Kans (Cost no points)

> Heavy Support 5: Killla Kans (Cost no points)

> Heavy Support 6: Looted Wagon (Cost no points)

> Heavy Support 7: Morkanaut (Cost no points)

> Heavy Support 8: Deff Dread (Cost no points)

> Heavy Support 9: Deff Dread (Cost no points)

Or what not?
>>
>>50018444
Uh, no. And no. No. Nonono. Vehicles are not oversized box-shaped infantry.

Tanks simply do not put armor on their rear anymore due to weight constraints, and any system worth a damn tends to account for different armor facings.
>>
File: file.png (3MB, 1442x1198px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
3MB, 1442x1198px
>>50018460
Well to me there's like 5 mainstays.

John Blanches... Over the top heavily stylized work, the wierd feel of 40k

Wayne Englands very... 90's look. 2000AD, the brutal feel of 40k, also did a lot of border art

Les Edwards is very traditional fantasy illustrations, his 40k work is imo fairly weak but his fanstay work is top notch

Jes Goodwin made the concept art for... pretty much everything the setting.

Adrian Smith does great finished work, he really captures how things look, not stylised or concept work like the others, but hard cold facts, "This is how a X looks, period"
>>
>>50018604
fuck off

>>50018637
Should be no armour/invuln save on the rear.
>>
>>50018604
I'd rather have unit worth paying point AND money for than having to buy shitloads of garbage to shovel onto the table for free.
>>
>>50018656
Ahem.
Noooooooooooooo.

You can penetrate the rear armor of a tank with weapons that would never work from the front. An invulnerable save cannot simulate this. Stop trying. Just give the tanks TF, TS, and TR values and stop trying to turn my metal boxes into monstrous creatures.
>>
File: oil can.png (2MB, 1200x1300px) Image search: [Google]
oil can.png
2MB, 1200x1300px
>>50018650
I think Smith still does his own spin on things. It's not like modern GW art where it's just a photoshop filter over the models.

I like it when artists go and do their own thing with the world. It's like giving the same script to different directors and getting their visions of that script back. Plays into the hazy vision of a far future, where we only know the basic elements of it and everything else is a mix of unreliable narration, millions of exceptions to the rules, etc.
>>
>https://godemperor.com/

What?
>>
>>50018708
Yes.
>>
>>50018704
Oh i didn't mean it in a bad way, smith does work that makes people go... "where's my greenstuff? I need to make that guy real"
>>
>>50018704
It's just lazy artists, mate.

I actually wrote to White Dwarf about this. They said they're going to start a new article every month now. It's where you submit your own fan art. They then told me that stuff GW like will result in that person possibly being hired.

So if you want to actually change the art, apply to that system and get hired.

I also mentioned how people don't like the 'clean' art atm and he said some do, some don't and then something else andI can't remember what. Can copy it out...
>>
File: file.png (603KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
603KB, 800x800px
>>50018728
>>50018704
At least they actually paint the miniatures...
>>
>>50018661

I do agree.

However if they improved the units, would giving Orks more Fast Attack and Heavy Support slots than anyone else (slots that are free at that) be too much for other armies to counter?
>>
>>50018444
Vehicles are perfectly fine. They just need to stop putting tank caliber gun platforms on super durable "creatures" and giving out special snowflake bullshit grav and D weapons like candy to deal with them. Monstrous creatures should be a melee threat with possible supplemental firepower. Good old Wraithlord with a bright Lance for example. You want a gun platform? Bring a vehicle.
>>
>>50018594
I didn't get to play today but I've secured a game next week against a chaos bro of my own. yey. Also got a ton of work done on my spess shermans. yey. Finally bought the last Leman Russ tech command set in my store and got a HWS I needed to finish my last chimera. ye-OH GOD MY WALLET!
>>
>>50018444

Only if it keeps the to wound the same as the to glance.

Like if armor value 13 can't be touched by STR 6, STR 6 likewise shouldn't be able to touch it at it's new T value.
>>
>>50018728
>It's just lazy artists, mate.

The world is full of lazy artists, that's not a reason to put their works up there.

>he said some do

I'm not opposed to clean art. I'm not even opposed to art depicting things as they are. I just think that it's hard to do both at the same time. It's ok to have meltaguns fire green plasma bolts and eject casings if everything else is very stylized as well, while in a very accurate depiction it'd stand out much more.
>>
File: IMG_8890.png (2MB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8890.png
2MB, 750x1334px
In the grim darkness of the far future, real men fight with shovels.
>>
>>50018804
>It's ok to have meltaguns fire green plasma bolts and eject casings if
it's orks
>>
>>50018764
Mother, fucking, this.
>>
>>50018804
But there is if they're cheap, anon. You pay for what you get. Some of the art is good, some of it's bad.

I bought the Seraphon AoS book and out of like 25 pictures, only about 3 were actually good. The rest were meh or god fucking awful. Really angry. Nobody can draw Lizardmen and it upsets me.

I spoke to my (in my eyes incredibly autistic and mentally ill mate, you know JEWS AND NWO WANT TO KILL 99% OF THE WORLD tier insane) and he said the art recently has potential but it's just quickly done. It's where if they spent another 8 hours on it, it'd be great, but they don't.

The problem is the following. The people GW get now are doing it for money. They have no particular interest. Originally, GW had artists doing it for money... but who were ALSO interested in the setting. So you got people who wanted to make cool shit and took their time rather than not. To make matters worse, digital art allows for easy shortcuts, lazy people use this.

The ability to submit your own fanart, which i suggested and they said they had planned, allows the community to seem better and people ACTUALLY spend time on the art to make it good.

I also suggested that battle reports they do should have a text 'fluff'. They agreed. I said if they could it could be tied to canon and they said it'd be extremely difficult, but not impossible and said it was something for them to think over.

I also suggested that they allowed people to submit their own 'narrativised' battlereports, but they said they used to get stuff unbidden anyway and it was poorly written and not worth printing.
>>
I personally would like to see each faction get its own style of art.

Space Marines get the fanciful/stylized paintings. The kind of things that a painter from a culture that idolizes war would spend years painting.
Imperial Guard get grainy "camera footage" and pictures of pivitol moments. Giving them that war documentary feel.
Tau get brighter but simpler art reflecting their optimistic nature but also their society's tendency to stifle creative works that don't contribute to the greater good.

And so on and so forth.
>>
>>50018873
>But there is if they're cheap, anon.

Doesn't improve the art, though.
>>
File: image.jpg (739KB, 824x1207px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
739KB, 824x1207px
>>50018460
>>50018650
>>50018704

Let's not forget the ancient gems
>>
File: image.jpg (134KB, 473x700px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
134KB, 473x700px
>>50018925
>also
>>
>>50018925
Eeeeh, a little too generic not!geiger.

>>50018935
That's solid classic art though, style looks familiar too, who did it?
>>
>>50018914
I never said it did. But GW has come to the conclusion that most people will look at the picture and pass it over. Look at this picture, if you looked at it for, say, 10 seconds, you wouldn't notice the shit I mention in the filename.

GW doesn't think paying more for better art is worth it. I mean, the most LIKELY thing is that GW offers say £100 for a picture and it needs to be submitted by X date and if it's accepted they get paid. This means people spend 5 hours on it, exploit DA's shortcuts then go back to their furfag £1000+ commissions of fursonas.

Some people took time on the art, most people just look at a model that GW wants included and they copy it as there are ways to do this (Marvel actually does this, they copy GW models and dump them in their comics) don't even need to draw, just use specific tools in programs.
>>
File: Why are my arms so short.jpg (1MB, 1576x2180px) Image search: [Google]
Why are my arms so short.jpg
1MB, 1576x2180px
>>50018973
Fuck sake I forgot the picture.
>>
Are genestealers an army with a lot of strategic depth? It seems like they would be, since you can reposition your army.

Anyone have experience with them?
>>
>>50017197
>"NO THEY'RE 100% NOT THERE STOP ASKING WE'RE IN CHARGE AND WE SAY NO". So GW BTFO them out with BoP.
thank god.

fuck Laurie Goulding. I'm still pissed at the blood ravens thing, especially since fucking everything points to him being wrong.
>>
>>50018973
Well shit, here i was spending three day converting and fitting my flash gitz to match the characters in Badrukk's boys artwork when i could have been cool and ignored it entirely.
>>
>>50017289
to be fair, it makes sense for emps to want magnus alive, seeing as he needed magnus for the whole golden throne thing
>>
>>50018594

I'm supposed to play 4 man 3k point game (1500 per player) tomorrow, but I think it'll be cancelled because I have to go to a family party. Feels bad man. I wanted to spank some Marines with my Tzeentch daemons and eldar friend.
>>
>>50018990
Yup. Guy is an utter prick. Egotistical jerk who insults the fanbase. Yeah, Whineseer is fucking awful, but don't call them fuckwits or whatever on a public social media account.

I hope GW told him to stop making drastic fluff decisions and to stop communicating such matters with people. Going "hur dur SoS are gone from 34k onwards!" is fucking stupid. You've basically closed off an avenue because you don't want them there. Had he gone "As of now, SoS have not been mentioned in any book further than 34k". Which have been fine.... But they didn't.
>>
>>50019026
I know very little about this game, but from what people have told me, you may be cancer.
>>
>>50019020
Not sure what you mean, anon. That's fine for you to do that. Just explaining why some of the art we get today is full of copy and pasted models. No personalisation or charm.
>>
Trying to build my first few 850 point lists, going down from 1500. Are there any no-goes for that smaller format I should try to follow?

I love running a Land Raider in all my SM armies or at least 1 big tank of any kind in my stuff, though investing a quarter of my points into "just" a Land Raider, for instance, seems like a bit of a waste, all things considered.
>>
>>50018954
>Eeeeh, a little too generic not!geiger.
Agreed, I love how they evolved the Giger look for the Mechanicus and Tyranids, and even a bit on the Eldar, but the early stuff was too obviously derivative.

>>50018935
Oh god this is a fucking classic, absolutely gorgeous, evocative, immediately gives the viewer everything they need to understand the tone and concept of the setting outside of actual battle scenes.
>>
>>50018982
Well you're reliant on dicerolls and 40k isn't a game fo grand strategy.
But yeah you can do a lot with the ability to slink off with damaged units and walk them onto objectives both saving them and earning points.

They are vulnerable to being bulldozed though.
>>
>>50018954
John Blanche

Adrian Smith's old GW style is amazing too before he got super geometric
>>
>>50018982
Depends heavily on the list, but if you build it right, yes, they are.
>>
>>50019035
>Yup. Guy is an utter prick.
you can say that again. IIRC when he went on his "blood ravens are not 1k sons successors despite literally everything since the original index astartes they debuted in back in fucking 2004 indicating otherwise" rant he basically implied he had a "stern talking to" with one of the BL authors because they had "too many connections"in one of the books or something.
dude thinks he's the master of all the fucking fluff, when he isn't, and his arrogance causes many people to resent him
>>
>>50019083
>before he got super geometric
Well as a Wayne England fag, hard angles, straight lines and caliper clean curves are my shit.
>>
https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-SE/Imperial-Armour-The-Anphelion-Project-SB

What the hell is this?
>>
>>50019114
>caliper
compass*
>>
>>50019104
Oh god yeah. I remember that. Fuck you. It was a cool idea and he ruined it. Wish GW would just fire him and let somebody else replace him. He's antisocial and completely ruins the whole point of people being into a setting. He must have a God Complex.
>>
>>50019116
Looks like IA IV - THE ANPHELION PROJECT
>>
>>50019058
A land Raider in an 850 points list is like a stormlord in a 1500 points match. The effectiveness of a high-toughness/high AV target increases exponentially as army size decreases.
>>
>>50019116
Imperial Armour IV?
>>
File: WH40K4sml.jpg (241KB, 1024x694px) Image search: [Google]
WH40K4sml.jpg
241KB, 1024x694px
>>50019114
Never said I disliked his work. Before I left GW I grabbed a framed print of his space wolf painting from the hallway (while the hq locations changed)

Just have a soft spot for that old art that can only be described as "greebly"
>>
>>50019126
>It was a cool idea and he ruined it.
only if you accept his """"""""""""word""""""""""".
I've played blood ravens since 2004 after I got into the game from playing DoW and they'll always be 1k sons to me, and Laurie can go suck a dick if he disagrees. I don't give a shit about what some BL editor says and nobody else should either. GW clearly doesn't, so why should we?
>>
>>50019103
>>50019081
Any recommendations on the list?
>>
>>50019116
space Jurassic park essentially.
>>
>>50019130
Was worried about capping points when using that Land Raider, since it cuts my possible number of squads down quite a bit.

Not sure what exactly the rest of my meta will run in smaller games, but our local Imperial Guard player is pretty damn Melta/Lascannon horny ever since he lost almost 1000 points to a single Cohort Cybernetica.
>>
>>50017150
It honestly seems more to me like they wrote Sisters of Silence back into the setting so they could sell more models, that and the whole "Custodes now leave Terra" thing.
>>
>>50019129
>>50019144
>>50019172
I know that, but this is the 3rd version of it. What has changed since the 2nd edition? IA8 hasn't been 2nd edition yet.

>>50019184
Good. Laurie had no fucking right to say they were 100% no longer around. As for Custodes, they don't leave Terra - Yet.
>>
File: infernoWE.jpg (230KB, 552x800px) Image search: [Google]
infernoWE.jpg
230KB, 552x800px
>>50019114
RIP
>>
>>50019184
The letter I wrote to White Dwarf (and got published this month) basically says more of SoS and Custodes are coming. They don't leave Terra yet, but it seems to imply they will.
>>
File: 1477773885458.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
1477773885458.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>50018594
Played a multiplayer kill team game against a never ending horde of nids like starship troopers
was fun
>>
>>50019164
Well their genestealers are absolutely brutal now they can get into melee fairly reliably

Their trucks are awesome models and decen to the table.

Look into some of the formations and see what catches your interest.

>>50019193
Indeed, I got the Necromunda rulebook just because it one of the biggest collections of his GW work.
>>
>>50018764

Okay, grandpa. Now take your meds and go back to sleep. We'll keep playing the game that evolved without you.
>>
>>50019187
I don't see anywhere that says 3rd edition?
>>
>>50019164
Lots of psykers, go for Summoning. It gives so much flexibility and added value it's ridiculous.
>>
>>50019273
There was the first IA4.
They release IA4: Second Edition a few years ago
This is the 3rd one. So it's the 3rd edition.

https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-SE/Imperial-Armour-Volume-Four-The-Anphelion-Project-Second-Edition?_requestid=11999454

There was the old 2nd edition link. It's gone now. This is the 3rd one.
>>
>>50019281
Can't you only have one psyker in the default formation?
>>
>>50019290
Yeah, take CADs or Broodcovens on the side.
>>
Whats the most Tryhard Orks can go ?
Green tide, Discount stompa and warbikers?
>>
>>50019290
Two actually, but just do as >>50019309 suggests.
>>
File: we3.jpg (54KB, 721x1000px) Image search: [Google]
we3.jpg
54KB, 721x1000px
>>50019155
this one?
>>
>>50019286
Nice. Maybe if we're very, very lucky, they lowered the absurd points costs on the Tyranid GCs.

Also hopefully they fixed all the damn typos in the fluff text.
>>
File: Dark Eldar archon by Beckjann.jpg (131KB, 600x1100px) Image search: [Google]
Dark Eldar archon by Beckjann.jpg
131KB, 600x1100px
>>50018728
Hopefully Beckjan applies and gets hired.
His Dark Eldar art is better than official art imo.
He manages to perfectly capture the look of the Dark Eldar as it is described in the codex.
>>
>>50019319
>Orks
>Tryhard
Buddy, I got some bad news for you...

No matter how Hard you Try, you can't make Orks good.
>>
>>50019178
At least you have a low points meta. In my local store most of the major players refuse to play below 2000 points. 5000 is typical. I am trying to build up a network of <2000 players, though.
>>
>>50018868
>>50018764
Thats no where near enough to fix vehicles and you fucking idiots know this
>>
>>50019353
>5000 is typical.
What the fuck. Where the fuck do you play that this is normal. That's fucking unheard of.
>>
>>50019350
Good or not wasn't the question.
>>
>>50019359
We're not talking about fixing vehicles, we're talking about nerfing the stupid OP motherfuckers that are supposed to be vehicles but got Monstrous Creature rules because GW is pants on head retarded.
>>
>>50019333
Yes.
>>
>>50019341
If he's a 'proper' artist, you know, does it for payment and shit, he prob could apply via the usual routes with a portfolio. That is, if GW is doing that. If not, yeah, he should. Everybody who's ever moaned about GW art should apply or get people they like to apply when it is working.

>>50019338
Hopefully. I personally hope for formations and Red Scorpions relics to be upgraded. Power Sword+1 tier stuff seems weak. But who knows.
>>
>>50019040

To be fair, both of our stuff is from 5th edition, and we're fighting against people that like to drop pod cents
>>
>>50019353
>5000 is typical
good lord.
I mean, I enjoy fielding my full 30,000 points of space marines in an apocalypse game to end a narrative campaign as much as anyone, but 5,000 points being typical? what the fucking hell
>>
>>50019353
I usually prefer 1500 the most. Gives plenty of leeway to try some army combinations and difference tactics and unit sizes without immediately turning broken, though the store I'm now at only has irregular tournaments of 850 since the owner says anything bigger would take too long to finish a tournament with.

Currently trying to find players for >1000 games at the tabletop and card game 'club' that a bunch of the local MtG group founded.
>>
>>50018935
I've always loved this one. I don't know if its accurate but I've always seen the standards that flood the steps as a "one banner for every space marine chapter" kind of thing, and how the sea just goes on and on ...

Now I know in lore space marines are superheroes and there probably aren't as many chapters/second foundings as depicted here, but, to me, it was more about the endless possibilities of every 40k player being able to create their own chapter and have it be somewhere in that grand image. And even tho I don't play marines anymore, its still a good feeling.
>>
>>50019319

Spam anything you can get your hands on.

Bikes, Walkers, Boyz.

Usually when I see Orks giving another army trouble, they have more of something than their opponent can counter.

Also, the Kustom Stompa is pretty good.

You can build the Codex Stompa cheaper with it, but you can also make a better Stompa that has enough shooting to delete whole infantry squads, vehicle squadrons a turn.

Mass Bikers, Tank Bustas and Mek Gunz are also said to be "cheesing" it.
>>
Looking at assault marines - the best use seems to be 5 mans with 2 flamers, is this correct?
>>
Battle Maniple or Dominus Maniple?
>>
>>50019333
Perfection
>>
Playing in a beginner's league at my school. Any advice for a 500pt DE list?

So far, I've got:
Raider w/ Dark Lance, Splinter Racks – 75pts
-Archon w/ Blaster – 75 pts
-9 Kabalites - 72pts

Raider w/ Dark Lance, Splinter Racks – 75pts
-10 Kabalite Warriors – 80pts

5 Scourges w/ 2 blasters, 1 Haywire Blast – 120 pts

Total: 497

I have no idea what I'm doing, and we're just proxying for now to get people into the game. I figured this is a pretty basic, straight-forward list.
>>
I don't want to order IA4 3rd Edition... But I like Red Scorpions and want to know. Guess I'll wait for a copy. I don't particularly like stealing shit, but OK.
>>
How do I Slaanesh?
>>
>>50018650
Thanks for this. Blanche's style looks really 80s. I really like Adrian Smith's style.
>>
So how long until Chaos or Orks get psychic Walkers?

I find it odd they don't have any Sorcerer Daemon Engines or Weird Boy Orkanauts or such.
>>
>>50020052
Blanche loves red crayon. He also made the Emperor look like a transvestite.
>>
>>50017289
>being this butt hurt because they scraped BL shitcanon and make the Emperor great again
Magnus fags everybody
>>
>>50019845
Looks alright, but you should probably take the scourges with 1 type of weaponry.
>>
>>50019379
How about we just level the fucking playing field since gays whoreshit is too goddamn retarded to do it themselves
>>
>>50019933
Wait for the next imperial armor
It will update red scorpions including leviathan dread culln
>>
>>50018764

>should be a melee threat

Except a lot of them aren't all that great in melee.
>>
>>50019685
Depends on the meta you're facing, I'd say.

Much prefer the Dominus Maniple in match-ups without much close quarters troops, though a Battle Maniple's Dunecrawler aura is pretty damn solid and the extra Crusader and Scout rules can work wonders when there's lots of melee (as do the Sicarians).

What do you have planned for the rest of the army?
>>
>>50020085
Re-read that, faggot. I never said it was a bad thing. Where the fuck did you get that from? Read the reply chain before you make yourself look even more retarded.
>>
>>50020106
True enough, but I dunno what the IA4 3rd edition could change...
>>
>>50020222
I intend to build towards a War Convocation if I enjoy playing AdMech. I haven't bought anything yet, I'm just theorycrafting in my head to see what I need to pick up to get started at this point. I'd like to go for a 500 point army and experiment a bit first.
>>
>>50020328
>Falling to such obvious bait
Stop resurrecting the cancer idiot!!!
>>
>>50020348
Battle Maniple is minimum 600 points, sadly, so you'd have to either go with Dominus or increase your point limit.

I find the War Convo a pretty fun thing to play around with. Free upgrades on everything packs quite the punch and I can definitely recommend going for it if you enjoy the army.

The Cohort Mechanicus is also a really fun formation to go for with that army if you want to do something a bit different, giving all your units both armies' special mechanic and giving more options as well.
>>
>>50020087
Yeah, I really just wanted the 3 blasters on the scourges. I'll probably just ask if I can go 2 points over. That's not a huge deal, right?
>>
>>50017745

But your version has him acting like the biggest retard in 40k.

>Better lock myself away for decades without telling anyone why
>Uh oh, one of my psychic sons tried to contact me. Who could've seen that coming?
>Better fucking KILL him!
>Yes, this seems reasonable.
>>
>>50020449
Probably not, ask your opponent, you could just take heat lances which serve a similar purpose.
>>
Anyone got a decent picture of SW scouts with snipers? I'm trying to paint mine and cant find a decent image where they're not painted with hot glue.
>>
>>50018423

Well jelly.
>>
>>50020449
2 points over is generally acceptable. It's when you hit 5 or more (with upgrades generally coming in increments of 5) that it gets iffy.
>>
File: dave_gallagher_dark_angels.jpg (313KB, 841x1200px) Image search: [Google]
dave_gallagher_dark_angels.jpg
313KB, 841x1200px
>>50018650
>no kopinski
>no gallagher
>no max grunge wil rees
there's too many good artists who have done stuff for GW
>>
>>50020454
>don't use any psychic shit, or I'll fucking murder you
>HEY DAD HERE'S MY PSYCHIC MESSAGE HORUS IS A TRAITOR LOVE ME PLS LOOK AT MY USEFULNESS
>dude what the fuck
>>
>>50020454
>>50020749
Can either of you tell me why Magnus couldn't contact Daddy Emperor another way? Like, I know they must have had some sort of psychic messaging or else the empire could never have been run effectively.

Also, it really says something about the Emperor's lack of contingency planning. "Yea, sons, I'm going back to Terra for a bit! If you need me don't bother calling; I'm too busy and you'll have to come in person. Also, Horus is my favorite. Goodbye!"

What was his plan if a horde of alien locusts came out of nowhere, or a horde of robo-zombies decided to wake up and smash shit? Or if a few of his sons got power hungry and/or stupid? You could have at least had your sons put you on Galactic speed dial.
>>
>>50020725
>that Chaplain is wearing stilts.
>>
>>50020921
He's riding around on the shoulders of 2 regular marines.

Tower of Power nigga
>>
>>50020913
His plan was for Horus to take command and fuck them up.

Everything kind of hinged on Horus being perfectly trustworthy and fit to lead in his stead. Which, with 20/20 hindsight, was a stupid fucking decision to the rest of us, but at the time apparently it must have seemed like a pretty good plan.
>>
>>50020913
Astropathic transmissons could be lost, intercepted, scrambled, or any number of things. Magnus probably needed to be sure his message went through.

Warp travel would take too long.
>>
>>50020913
>Can either of you tell me why Magnus couldn't contact Daddy Emperor another way?
because magnus was a dingus

he thought the message was too sensitive for regular (astropathic) channels, thought going to terra to talk to malc/emps in person was too slow, and also had an intense desire to prove how the emperor was wrong and sorcery is totally trustworthy
>>
>>50020921
Maybe he's """"""true""""""" scale and has shins that are like four feet long.
>>
>>50020749
You forgot
>causing catastrophical damage that threats to destroy the galaxy

But let's be realistic Magnus apologists won't accept any version beyond Magnus dindu buying wrung
>>
>>50021017
>>50020995

Let's be honest. If Magnus had tried to use Warp travel, who fucking knows what would have happened to them in there.
>>
>>50021017

To be fair, his mistake seems to be caring in any way for his genetic father, the Emperor.

The man was hardly worth the admiration his sons.

It would have served the Emperor right had Horus's treachery utterly surprised him.
>>
>>50021017
There's that too, but I'm just going on stuff he should have been aware of before sending his message.

>>50021055
True, but even the fluff is like "if magnus didn't decide to fuck up so hard, the heresy might have ended differently"
>>
>>50016807
Thread is dead
>>50021072
Long live 40kg
>>50021072
All hail the new thread
>>50021072
>>
>>50021069
>To be fair, his mistake seems to be caring in any way for his genetic father, the Emperor.
No, his mistake was being too full of himself to stop for a moment to think of what might happened if he fuck it up and what would happen to the host planet if he used too much psychic power.

It's canon that many planets fell to dangerous psychic experiments and many of those survivors knew of the dangers of meddling with them, the supposed expert psychic primarch ignored even first hand experiences of fucking up with the warp.
>>
>>50021156

The Emperor also wasn't worth warning.

In fact, I haven't seen anything to suggest he didn't have what he got coming to him.
>>
Just bpught some Tau. How do I tool up my XV8 Crisis Suits? Do I magnetize them to allow for all the options? What about my XV85 Commander?

Thanks!
>>
>>50018438
I honestly hate Wayne England's style and it's so recognizable
>>
>>50021201
>The Emperor also wasn't worth warning.
>In fact, I haven't seen anything to suggest he didn't have what he got coming to him.
>Being this butt hurt with the big E
What does he did? Nothing!, the man children traitor primarchs couldn't keep their shit together without 5 minutes unsupervised or outright refused the Emperor warnings, help advise.
>>
>>50021352

Well lets take into account that he made the Primarchs, nine of which ultimately came to ruin his dream.

A dream that was extremely flawed at that.

The warnings signs of imminent treason should have been apparent to him, yet they slipped by his notice.
>>
>>50021352
>lodging your own head this far up your ass over fictional factionalism
A lot of the traitor primarchs were idiots, but they were just taking after their father.
>Angron's recruitment
>Nikaea
>handling Lorgar
>not telling anyone about the webway project, despite everyone knowing what happened to the Thunder Warriors
The Emperor consistently acts like a massive retard.
>>
Thoughts on staring army? Should I drop the fish and take more drones?
+++ New Roster (Warhammer 40,000 7th Edition v60) (996pts) +++

++ Formation Detachment (Tau Empire: Codex (2015) v31) (996pts) ++

+ Formation (996pts) +

········Drone-Net VX1-0 (224pts)
············Drones [4x MV7 Marker Drone]
············Drones [4x MV7 Marker Drone]
············Drones [4x MV1 Gun Drone]
············Drones [4x MV1 Gun Drone]

········Ethereal Honour Guard (382pts)
············Ethereal on Hover Drone [Hover Drone]
············Strike Team [9x Fire Warrior with Pulse Rifle]
················TY7 Devilfish [2x MV1 Gun Drone]
············XV8 Crisis Battlesuits
················Crisis Shas'ui [Early Warning Override, Missile Pod, Plasma Rifle]
················Crisis Shas'ui [Early Warning Override, Missile Pod, Plasma Rifle]
················Crisis Shas'ui [Missile Pod, Plasma Rifle]

········Optimized Stealth Cadre (390pts)
············XV25 Stealth Battlesuits
················Stealth Shas'ui with Burst Cannon [Vectored Retro-Thrusters]
············XV25 Stealth Battlesuits
············XV95 Ghostkeel Battlesuits
················Ghostkeel Shas'vre [Cyclic Ion Raker, Early Warning Override, Stimulant Injector, Twin-linked Fusion Blaster]
>>
>>50021431

And lets not forget this new information coming to light that he was formerly in accord with the Chaos Gods.

He is one to preach about the folly of dealing with the Warp when he himself did so.

He was a fool. Just like many in the 40k setting.
>>
>>50021444
Even if we ignore that bit since it comes from daemons, he still decided that leaving the primarchs ignorant about the extradimensional, intelligent, malevolent deities with a proven interest in fucking with them was the right move.

I just don't get why people pretend that the Emperor isn't the single most colossal fuck-up in the HH timeline.
>>
>>50021475

Still, one must applaud his motives, for all the good they wound up doing.

That being said, I have to wonder if he actually had anything good planned for Mankind.

Daemons may lie, but the powers of the Warp are all too eager to tell the truth if the result is the same, if not worse than a lie.
>>
>>50020749

Sorry, are you arguing whether he is or isn't a retard? I wanna say since you're replying that you're disagreeing, but there isn't a single part of that post that doesn't make Emps sound like a fuckwit.
>>
>>50020913

The Emperor is a fucking moron and couldn't foresee that in an emergency someone might need to contact him. So he left no means of immediate contact and only granted Malcador audience in the space of two decades.
>>
>>50021636

And lets not forget Malcador wasn't extremely popular with some of the Primarchs.

I'm not positive, but I doubt Lorgar would have bothered speaking to him.
>>
>>50016959
t.GW wageslave
>>
>>50019489
The Kustom Stompa can take 2 Bursta Kannon for 2 7" Strength D blasts a turn before any other shooting. Throw on 2 Skorchas (mandatory shoulder additions), a Power Field, & a Deff Arsenal for 190 pts. puts you at 690 for a dead killy beast for 80 points less than the codex Stompa.
>>
>>50021444
Probably being retconned as we speak, just look how they retconned back to the kill Magnus order, might as well reconsider anything said by BL
>>
>>50021506
Never trust daemons, ever, not even those deliciously heretical shape shifting succubus.
Thread posts: 369
Thread images: 38

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.