[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/5eg/ Fifth Edition General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 330
Thread images: 40

File: Froghemoth.png (2MB, 1187x1561px) Image search: [Google]
Froghemoth.png
2MB, 1187x1561px
>Official /5eg/ Mega Trove v3:
https://mega.nz/#F!BUdBDABK!K8WbWPKh6Qi1vZSm4OI2PQ

>Community DMs Guild trove
>Submit to [email protected], cleaning available!
https://mega.nz/#F!UA1BhCBS!Oul1nsYh15qJvCWOD2Wo9w

>Pastebin with resources and so on:
http://pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

>/5eg/ Discord server
https://discord.gg/0rRMo7j6WJoQmZ1b

>/tg/ character sheets
https://mega.nz/#F!x0UkRDQK!l-iAUnE46Aabih71s-10DQ

Previous thread >>49992520

Froghemoth Edition

With the Froghemoth appearing in the upcoming Volo's Guide to Monsters, what monsters from previous editions do you often find yourself using?
>>
>>50002647
In my campaign my DM has additional dragon types from pathfinder I believe, we had encountered Fang Dragons dragons that use radiant damage and rust dragons. It's cool not knowing off hand what a monster can do.
>>
>>50002647
I've alweays wanted to use a fiendwurm from the 3e fiend folio as a 'fuck you guys its time to run' monster.
>>
>>50002647
Allip.

I really need a low level boss character and it makes all sort of senses for my next idea.
>>
Post warlock invocations. Just some more options to pick from.
>>
>>50002756
>paladins
>not fucking brilliant

A 20 charisma paladin maintaining bless on a party gives an average of +7.5 to ALL save throws.
With oath of the ancients, spell damage taken is then halved.
Then, everybody gets +1d4 to hit, which is great for GWM users.

Then, you can heal everyone's butts and hold up a shield and stand there in your plate armour with your +1 AC from fighting style and tank the fucking fuck out of them, or use 'protection' in order to keep nearby teammates alive if you don't want your reactions for anything.

MAD got you down? 3 levels in warlock allows you to fight using your charisma modifier, gives you a viable ranged option and gives you stuff such as at-will false life if you need it. Oh, and cantrips, obviously. Grab that booming blade, guidance, whatever.
Rogue isn't such a bad multiclass either, I guess. Or barbarian 1 for a tiny splash of rage, for when you're done with buffing and you're only in for the smiting.

Whenever you crit, you can activate your smite and push it to the max, because you KNOW it'll do double dice.

Bards.. Wizards. Their utility is certainly great and they can do a lot to help their team, but seriously. They don't give your team +7.5 to saves.
>>
>>50002833
Wizards Plz

You are able to cast Pact of the Blade is Shit without expending a spell slot or material components.
>>
File: 1473007913958.jpg (41KB, 394x353px) Image search: [Google]
1473007913958.jpg
41KB, 394x353px
>>50002845
>using your concentration on bless
>not using it on cirlce of power
Pffffft.

Also bards and wizards are still better than paladins - paladins are great but they're not bards and wizards.
>>
>>50002845
Paladins bring too much to the table imo. They should nerf it
>>
>>50002833
Eldritch Shield
Prerequisite: Pact of the Blade feature
While you are wielding your pact weapon in one hand and an arcane implement in the other, you project a shield of force that grants you a +2 bonus to your Armor Class.

Twofold Blade
Prerequisite: 7th level, Pact of the Blade feature
When you create a pact weapon, you can choose to create a pair of light weapons. These weapons are identical in every way. If you have a magic light weapon bound to you as a pact weapon, you can create a copy of it when you summon it; this weapon has no abilities beyond those of a basic pact weapon. Any feature that requires your pact weapon to be on your person instead requires both of these weapons to be on your person.
>>
>>50002884
>They should nerf it
mfw
>>
>>50002875
I don't know what this means.
>>
>>50002833
Messenger of the Planes
Prerequisite Level 5

You may cast sending using a warlock spell slot.
>>
>>50002980
Make it without a spell slot, and once per long rest.
>>
Would love for some of you to check out my parties podcast on www.soundcloud.com/bardsandnobles. Literally just started, and each episode is only going to be about an hour long so not a huge investment. New episodes will be up on Monday. The first one is kind of a two parter, so be sure to check it out when you get a chance.

www.bardsandnobles.com

Would love some feedback, and tell me how to recover after fucking up some rulings in the future. Also taking suggestions for where to take the story, what to fight, etc. etc.
>>
>>50002833
Wolf in Sheeps Clothes
Prerequisite Pact of the Chain

Your familiar gains the ability to shapeshift to appear as a humanoid creature. You choose the appearance of your familiar, but their stats do not change. His familiar can take on the form of a character race, but does not gain racial abilities such as dwarven resilience, or breath weapon. f the new form does not allow for a certain ability, such as a lack of claws, wings, or stinger, they cannot use this ability.
>>
>>50002883
Circle of power has a limited range, doesn't buff attack to-hit and for people with already very high saves +2.5 is actually better than advantage.
Some characters such as barbarians may already have advantage.
Finally, rogues/shieldmasters don't need damage negation on sabes, and if you're an ancients paladin everybody will already be taking fuckall damage, probably.

Bless is still limited by number of people unless you upcast it and doesn't last as long.

However, Paladins only get circle of power at the very late levels, anyway. Bless is brilliant if you have GWM/Sharpshooter users on your team, though.
>>
>>50003270
Kinky.
>>
>>50003319
>barbarians
>already have advantage against all saving throws against magic
TIP
JEK
>>
>>50003329
Barbarians have advantage against practically a third of all saves.

There are other sources of advantage, too.

Flat + bonuses can never be made redundant.
>>
>>50003343
>less than a third
>"Some characters such as barbarians may already have advantage"
KIJ
TEP
>>
File: dwarf_by_funzee-d7l4lap.jpg (201KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
dwarf_by_funzee-d7l4lap.jpg
201KB, 900x900px
Hey guys i'm finally playing for the first time in forever as one of my players decided he was going to try DMing

I'm thinking of making a Dwarf Wizard as I've never had any player at my table playing Wizard. I'm pretty sure they're a lot of fun, but I wouldn't really know how to go about it.

I was thinking going melee Wizard for a laugh, using
>16 STR (+2)
>12 DEX
>16 CON (+2)
>14 INT
>08 WIS
>10 CHA

I'm pretty sure with Green-Flame Blade it'd be OK at least for the first levels. I was thinking going Divination and playing the character as a Shaman, taking the best rituals.
Abjuration & Conjuration would be great but wouldn't fit this theme as well I think.

I think it makes for a pretty solid character. Still need to refine his background, his goals and all.

> However, I need help with spells.
Are there must-have 1st level spells?
Is Find Familiar absolutely necessary?
Is Identify worth taking early on?
Grease and Fog Cloud seem to me a lot better than any AoE damage spells. Am i retarded?

Thanks for your input.
>>
>>50003319

Man, looking at the Paladin spell list I realized just how badly a lore bard could break a Strahd campaign.
>>
File: 1468102686204.jpg (225KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
1468102686204.jpg
225KB, 800x533px
>>50003369
Level 6 lore bard.
Steal aura of vitality.
Take one level in life cleric.
Make this face.
>>
>>50003397

Yep, pretty much. Alternatively, take Aura of vitality AND crusader's mantle. 1d6 radiant damage on every attack your party makes? that's free flametongues for everyone basically. At level fucking 6.
>>
>>50003417
1d4 bruh
>>
>>50003417
it's essentially mass divine favor
>>
What sorts of cosmologies have you used for your games? What do you think about the One World cosmology?
>>
>>50003353
>less than a third
I can see you've clearly been doing your homework.
Can you please submit your paper on the number of hostile magical effects that are dex-based?
>>
>>50003438
imagine a gnome barbarian. advantage on almost every saving throw against magic
>>
So my friend is about to run a one shot, Horror/fun campaign for my Birthday tomorrow. We start at level 1 with a standard array. What's a good fun class to play for 6 hours of one shot goodness?
>>
>>50003438
Including the monster manual and it's effects (which, given you're an adventurer fighting against *monsters*, factors in), there are more CON saves that are actually against a magical effect than dex ones ;)
>>
>>50003368
>Is Find Familiar absolutely necessary?
I don't see any reason NOT to take it, there are literally only advantages coming from it. Sometimes literally.
>Is Identify worth taking early on?
It is good, depnding on the setting. Don't dismiss it in low magic campaigns though, because that one time you come around a magic item where none use to be, you can be sure that the next person able to identify it will be at least to the other side of the continent.
>Grease and Fog Cloud seem to me a lot better than any AoE damage spells. Am i retarded?
As a general rule, control is better than direct damage. The only thing more useless than a level one wizard is a level one wizard who can only blast. This said, Grease is amazing and will never stop being useful up to level 20; Fog Cloud is not as good but still has plenty of use.
>>
>>50003433
My current homebrew game has a pseudo-orrery where the planes are all in their own "orbits," including the various material planes. Baator is in a very close "orbit" and is using that to try to usurp the setting's material plane for its own purposes.

And I'll soon be running a game in Eberron, which is a proper orrery, with each of the twelve major planes as "moons" around the material plane.
>>
>>50003368
>I was thinking going melee Wizard for a laugh
Ask your DM about Bladesinger, maybe. It's supposed to be elf-only, but a Dwarven Skald heading into battle singing songs about dismembering goblins while actually dismembering goblins might be cool.
>>
>>50003733
>Dwarven Skald heading into battle singing songs about dismembering goblins while actually dismembering goblins
AKA a valor bard?
>>
>>50003754
Well yes, but he already picked the class.
>>
>>50003529
Rogue, fighter, and barbarian are the most solid classes for level 1-3.
>>
>>50003810
Moon Druid would like a word
>>
>>50003958
Level 1 druid sucks dick. He said he starts at level 1 in a 6-hour one shot. He need not even level for it.
>>
Should I have Jimjar bet one of the PCs that they can't steal the Drow Priestess' panties?
>>
>>50003993
>drow priestess
>undergarments
He'd lose by sheer virtue of no such thing existing.
>>
>>50003991
The anon I replied to specified 1-3
>>
>>50002647
>The froghemoth makes two attacks with its tentacles. It can also use its tongue or bite.
Does that mean it gets 3 attacks? Or does it replace one tentacle attack with one of the others?
>>
>>50004032
I am that anon - my reply was to the man talking about his one-shot, which may not even go beyond level 1. A level 3 human barbarian also beats a level 3 moon druid in a straight combat.
>>
>>50004039
3 attacks
>>
>>50003256
>www.bardsandnobles.com
Reasonably entertaining. Do you play over voice chat or are you live in a room? Nobody is particularly obnoxious and everyone seems to have a good attitude about it.
>>
Is taking 6 charisma a good approximation of having your character be a Quasimodo hunchback, or does 5e still stringently separate charisma and comeliness.
>>
>>50004204

It doesn't have to be. Cha is like your force of will, and how much other people like you. Low cha could mean you're beautiful with a bad personality, too trapped in your head analyzing everything, don't "get" people even though you think you do, or you just project an aura of being a serial killer even though you're LG. Or you could be straight up fugly.
>>
>>50003256
I will only listen is it's on iTunes and I can download it easily
>>
Does being knocked prone count as forced movement for the purpose of breaking grapple if the source isn't the person grappling you?

Say, the barbarian is grappling the kobold, and the monk knocks the kobold prone with Water Whip, is the Barbarian still grappling the kobold?
>>
>>50004399
If you're knocked prone but knocked away, you're still in the grappler's reach, so no, the grappling isn't broken.
>>
>>50004399

phrased that way it sorta sounds like a zen koan
>>
>>50004420
but not knocked away*
>>
File: face.jpg (29KB, 317x400px) Image search: [Google]
face.jpg
29KB, 317x400px
What are the most important things to know about making a tough frontline warrior guy in 5E? Should I be going fighter or Barb? Am I doomed to irrelevance at higher levels?
>>
Here's my stupid-ass plan for tonight's session (that I just wrote up, even though it starts in 3 hours, FUCKING KILL ME). Does it sound good?

## Session Plan (big)

Kurtulmak, who the party is personal friends with, sends them a message asking them to free some Kobolds from the oppression of a dragon living in one of the too-snowy-to-access-normally caves nearby.
Cave is heavily trapped and highly difficult to access normally, which the other adventuring party tells them.

If the party is clever, can pretend to sell their Kobold friends to the dragon, who will then disable traps from the inside.
They could, of course, also just fight their way through.

Approximately 1/2 of the Kobolds have Stockholm's and will defend their dragon to the death.
This is a slightly large problem, since they're trying to save the Kobolds.

When the dragon is about to die, it will make a desperate attempt to bargain with the players.
It offers to let the Kobolds go, and to give the players (more specifically, our rogue) information.
If they accept, three things happen:
1. The dragon tells the rogue that his parents were betrayed by their friends, and gives information on where those friends happen to be going
2. The dragon, true to his word, frees the Kobolds
3. A week after the party leaves, he attacks the Rogue's hometown, and kills as many people as he possibly can
>>
I'm trying to balance this magic item. It's a +1 spear that can do the following:

>While attuned, as an action, you can plant it on the ground and cast Beacon of Hope, with a few changes: The duration of the spell becomes "As long as the spear is planted on the ground, up to 1 minute"; during the same duration, the spear's blade sheds bright light in a 30-foot radius and dim light for an additional 30 feet; lastly, the spell's effect on healing only works within the bright light's radius, while the advantage on Wisdom saving throws and death saving throws occurs within the dim light's radius. Once you cast this spell in such a way, you can't do it again until the next dawn.

Is it too overcomplicated?
>>
>>50004399
Prone doesn't change where you are in terms of the 5-foot cubes that represent your occupied space. If you're knocked prone, you're still in the same space.
>>
>>50004467
Fighter gives you a better AC, battlemaster maneuvers, and a billion attacks. Barbarian gives you more HP, resistance to fucking everything, and a tanking ability. Both have their ups and downs.

As long as your DM remembers that hordes of mook enemies (like Orcs) are moderately threatening even at high levels, you'll do alright. If they're of the mentality that everything flies and is invisible after level 8, you'll be less relevant - but you'll still be ok if you have a ranged option.
>>
>>50004467
Just be a Mountain Dwarf Barbarian and get 20 Con and Toughness.

Become the meat.
>>
>>50004467
Toughest is Barbarian Bear Totem rage + Rogue Uncanny Dodge (1/4 damage to most attacks).

Use Expertise for Strength(Athletics) and you can pin down single enemies.
>>
>>50004546
>mountain dwarf
You'll get more HP as a hill dwarf senpai.
>>
>>50004559
Yeah that's the one I meant.
>>
>>50003542
Good thing they have proficiency in CON saves and are bound to have high CON.
>>
>>50004594
Great rebuttal ;)
>>
File: 1393422970649.jpg (295KB, 666x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1393422970649.jpg
295KB, 666x1000px
>>50004541
>>50004546
>>50004547

Is Eldritch Knight not a path to go down for this sort of thing?
>>
>>50002845
You forgot the lvl 3 spell from crown paladins:
Spirits guardians, 3d8, half if save in a 15 foot radius.
>>
>>50004619
Thanks friendo ;)
>>
>>50004488
Thanks for spoiling the campaign for me. An anonymous tip: your friends post here, so don't use actual identifiable names for the npcs.
>>
>>50004648
Eldritch Knights make perfectly good frontline characters, they are fighters after all.
>>
>>50004648
It's viable but takes time to come online in terms of power.
>>
>>50003733
Eeeh. I think Bladesinger is about grace and dancing and shit. Don't think it'd be OK with the dwarven theme.

>>50003585
Thanks!
Cantrip-wise... GFB + Minor Illusion + Mage Hand?
>>
>>50004648
EK or Battlemaster, depending on if you want to be based on long rests or short rests. They're both better than Champion.
>>
>>50004670
>>50004676
>>50004702

This is a great start. Thanks anons.
>>
>>50004690
>Dwarven flavor

Heaven help us, it's this guy again.
>>
>>50004648

Eldritch Knights are perfectly fine. Think about it like this:

-Want to soak up damage with your HP? Play Barb.

-Want godlike AC and way to buff your defense for the situation? Play EK (thanks to the shield spell).

-Want more battlefield control and options to manipulate enemies? Do battlemaster.

I'm playing an EK as a frontline combatant right now and it's going perfectly fine. Between shield and 19AC I'm quite hard to hit.
>>
File: 1436731139635.jpg (103KB, 722x690px) Image search: [Google]
1436731139635.jpg
103KB, 722x690px
>Finally hit Monk 6
>DM points out to me that Shadow Step doesn't actually work if you don't have Darkvision
>Human
>>
I just unlocked an extra spell slot for my arcane trickster, what should I take?

Cantrips are booming blade, Mage hand, and mending

Spells are find familiar, disguise self, and sleep.

Thinking about grabbing jump or chromatic orb as my new spell. The party is currently lacking a bit in magic damage right now, so chromatic orb could be cool, but doesn't synergize with my class at all. Jump just seems like another really useful utility spell.

My DM says that I'm allowed to swap spells every time I level up. I feel like my current toolkit is super useful for a variety of situations. Thoughts?
>>
>>50004719
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjHclWPVij0
>>
>>50004720

For your EK is it more Dex or Str based?
>>
>>50004729
I like GFB over booming.
Take shield.
>>
>>50004762
Not him, but due to the way AC and such works in 5e, both are viable. Dex is slightly better due to initiative and being able to pull out a longbow if you need ranged damage.
>>
>>50004780
I haven't gotten hit in a single encounter, is shield realty that good of an idea?

Reading though the description, it sounds like I can cast it right before I get hit. Is that true?
>>
>>50004762

Her backstory is as a duelist (and I'm planning to go Bladesinger later for maximum AC nonsense) so I built her as a dex EK. Rapier+shield for weapons.
>>
>>50004727
At 3rd level you gained the ability to cast darkvision for 2 ki points. Darkvision lasts for 8 hours and does not require concentration. You could wake up, cast Darkvision on you and two others of your party, then meditate for an hour while everyone else is having breakfast and be good to go.
>>
>>50004653
Personally I'm mostly for devotion and ancients because I'm a whore for always-on auras.
>>
>>50004729
I don't think you can take any of those, since ATs are restricted to illusion and enchantment, aside from a handful of their picks. Your next free spell is only at level 8, unless you're willing to let go of Find Familiar. I suggest you take Silent Image, or Tasha's Hideous Laughter if your Intelligence is good enough to make the saving throw reliable. Color Spray looks decent if you fight things immune to magical sleep, like undead.

Speaking of which Color Spray says it lasts for 1 round. Does that mean until the start of the end of your next turn?
>>
>>50004039
The way that multiattack works is that it allows them to shove multiple attacks into a single action.
>>
>>50004801
Shield is the highest scaling 1st level spell in the game.
If you want another choice, take absorb elements from elemental evil.
>>
>>50004916
im only saying that because our cleric-of-war's spirit guardian have save the day in our party more times that i can recall.

I would put that spell on par with fireball. And it let you do some dmg while protecting and healing your allies.
>>
>>50004801
>it sounds like I can cast it right before I get hit
Yes, you can.
Same with absorb elements.
>>
>>50004801
Shield is cast as a reaction to getting hit. Meaning:
>Monster hits you
>"I cast Shield!"
>Monster no longer hits you, if the increase in AC was enough to make its attack miss.
And it lasts for a full round, so you have +5 AC against every attack until the monster's next turn.
>>
>>50005044
I know that, I asked because the wording was a bit confusing. It should be something like:
>The froghemoth makes three attacks: two with its tentacles and one with its tongue or bite
>>
>>50005080
Until the start of your next turn, actually. That doesn't really change the effectiveness of the spell.
>>
>>50004039
Just two attacks, the others replace tentacle attacks.
>>
>Close friends have a game
>joining at lvl 4
>roll my character
>18 str, 14 dex, 16 con, 9 int, 14 wis, 9 cha

I feel like I'm cheating, that's including variant human stats and I have 2 feats.
>>
>>50005062
It's certainly a good spell for AoE situations. The problem in comparison to fireball however is the fact it's concentration and can't be used alongside other buffs.

>>50005054
>>50004801
>>50004780
>shield
>on AT
It's actually not bad, but rogues already get Uncanny Dodge. Shield is better and can be used to completely negate multiple attacks, and there aren't very many other good combat options for AT. That said, absorb elements as suggested is pretty good because you can't use uncanny dodge on a fireball, but you can use absorb elements.
>>
>>50005162
>two feats
>not maxing your primary stat with your level 4 ASI
no
>>
>>50005189
I'm a battlemaster with martial adept and great weapon master
>>
File: 1467703820689.jpg (48KB, 512x450px) Image search: [Google]
1467703820689.jpg
48KB, 512x450px
>>50005162
obigatory
>rolling
>for
>stats
>>
>>50005199
>martial adept
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
>>
>>50002845
> going sword and shield
> having free hand to heal
???
>>
>>50005223
it's what they decided. I'm not gonna be that guy who tries to change shit when I come in.

>>50005230
What's wrong with it?
>>
File: Mountaintop Observatory.jpg (761KB, 1900x2640px) Image search: [Google]
Mountaintop Observatory.jpg
761KB, 1900x2640px
I'm confused. Do Wizards have 6 or 8 spells in their spellbook at 1st level?

Spellbook
> At 1st level, you have a spellbook containing six 1st-level wizard spells of your choice.
Learning Spells of 1st Level and Higher
> Each time you gain a wizard level, you can add two wizard spells of your choice to your spellbook.

I'm pretty sure that means 6 at 1st level but..? Am i retarded?
>>
So, assuming sharpshooter and gwm both work on a melee attack with a heavy crossbow AND you can activate them at the same time, how do you hit with a -10?
>>
>>50005233
>drop weapon
>pick up weapon
>>
>>50004729
Weren't you the guy who want to swap spell every session, despite the class telling you otherwise
>>
>>50005241
It's not worth it is what's wrong with it. Take resilient wis/dex. Take alert. Take lucky. Take polearm master. Take *TOUGH* even.
Or use your level 4 ASI on making your strength 20 - that's your very best use of your ASI.
>>
>>50005268
Don't drop it - it takes an action to pick it up.
Stow it.
>>
>>50002888
The Lunar Glint should not have a pool based off of modifier scores. That's 3.5 garbage, and there is no counterpart akin to it in the 5e system.
Perhaps once per long rest, or if you are intent on having more than one, look to other classes to get an idea of how abilities used multiple times scale with level.
>>
>>50005265
You always hit on a nat 20.

RAI suggests a champion's nat 19 (later, nat 18) should also auto-hit.
>>
>>50005280
Is +5 modifier that good?
>>
>>50005268
> Implying a sane DM will let you do that
>>
>>50002888
Mind's eye is too versatile. Keep it limited to just one kind of saving throw, or force the player to decide one among them.
>>
>>50005292
Yes it should - tons of abilities have ability mod x per long rest, including bardic inspiration and many of the cleric domain features.

>>50005299
Absolutely.

>>50005327
No, it's balanced.
>>
>>50005299
Bound accuracy.
>>
>>50005299
It's guaranteed +1 to hit and damage you mong.
>>
>>50005299
Any +to hit is huge with bounded accuracy.
>>
>>50004086
Awesome! Thanks man. We play in my garage and have D.mics set up for everyone.

Landed on Stitcher, and currently waiting for response to be uploaded to iTunes.

We'll upload new episodes across all platforms every Monday.

I'm the DM, and spoilers for Ep 2: Someone gets fucked up.
>>
>>50005359
>>50005343
What is bound accuracy?
>>
>>50005265
Oh, and don't forget that it's considered an improvised weapon, so no proficiency bonus without tavern brawler.
>>50005297
So they only way to make use of it is to take the shittiest fighter path and pray for a crit?
>>50005314
So at 17th you finally are out of the negatives. That's 13 levels (since level 4 is the earliest you can have gwm and sharpshooter) of being the most inaccurate piece of shit in the game.
>>
This >>50005362 was also meant for you >>50004319
>>
>>50002911
is that the Knight Captain from Raidata Stories?
>>
>>50005365
Enemy and player AC and hit bonus don't change much over the course of level 1 to 20, so that goblin you spared after a devastating battle at level 1 that ended up with the wizard dying can come back when you're level 20 and kill your new level 20 wizard again.
>>
>>50005366
Yes, but you'll look awesome doing it.
It can also sneak attack.

Improvised weapons can use their relevant weapon's proficiencies if they have a resemblence to that weapon.
>>
>>50005365
+to hit and AC values stay within a range instead of just going up and away forever like in previous editions.

>>50005396
He's the general of all the knights. I'm *REALLY* surprised anyone recognizes him.
>>
>>50005414
Love that game
Shame about no sequel
They should release that and Dark Messiah as part of a "Kick Compilation"
>>
>>50005404
If you use your crossbow as, say, an improvised club, wouldn't it no longer count as a ranged weapon since it's a club, not a crossbow?
>>
>>50005365
It mean +1 to hit is pretty huge im this edition. Where CR24 monster still only has 22 AC.
>>
>>50005435
It's one of my favorites from the ps2 era for sure.
It is a shame indeed.
>>
>>50005233
PHB 150-151. For 5 GP you can have your holy symbol engraved on a shield.
>>
>>50005442
What's the highest bonus to hit you can get? Off the top of my head, 5 dex 2 archery style 6 proficiency 3 magic weapon add up to +16 to hit.
>>
>>50002888
Looks broken as shit. Good luck getting a DM to sign off on this.
>>
>>50005495
Add in a war cleric's guided strike for an extra +10?
+26 to hit.

>but you could still roll a 1 and it wouldn't matter
>>
>>50005437
A weapon can only be a ranged or a melee weapon, not both.

But, it does say to 'treat the weapon as whatever you're using it as', so you can probably get around it like that.

However, stuff like sneak attack should still apply because although you're making a melee weapon attack with something classified as a melee weapon, it's also a ranged weapon because it's still a crossbow, right?

.. What I mean to say it, the system's broke.
>>
>>50005516
I've playtested it extensively. It's not as strong as fiend lock. It's a bit better than fey and fiend imo.
You have a very bad eye for balance if you think that archetype is broken.
>>
>>50005522
>not being a halfling
>>
>>50005541
fey and goo*
>>
>>50005523
>However, stuff like sneak attack should still apply because although you're making a melee weapon attack with something classified as a melee weapon, it's also a ranged weapon because it's still a crossbow, right?

No, the moment you use a crossbow as an improvised club, you are treating it as an improvised melee weapon (club) and it would not get sneak attack.
>>
>>50005543
No joke I just started playing a halfling, and the first time I rolled a 1 I was so excited to roll again, then I rolled another 1.

Good start.
>>
>>50005560
But you're also making an attack with a ranged weapon, because the fact you're treating it as a melee weapon doesn't erase its identity as a ranged weapon, as that is how it is classified.

However, you could probably say that it cannot be treated as both a melee and a ranged weapon and only one of the two using the former distinction, which would probably leave it as a melee weapon, which is a shame.
>>
File: 1428738610350.gif (2MB, 580x433px) Image search: [Google]
1428738610350.gif
2MB, 580x433px
>>50002888
>casting confusing multiple times a day from level one
>that capstone
I literally do not believe you think this is balanced
>>
>>50005254
yes you are

it's 8 spells, 6 + (level*2)
>>
>>50005617
But the club, improvised or not, is not a ranged weapon.
>>
>>50005254
It's worded kinda poorly, but I'd say 6 at level 1, 2 per level after.
>>
File: 1460251605002.png (251KB, 470x688px) Image search: [Google]
1460251605002.png
251KB, 470x688px
>>50005628
One target that lasts one turn only if they fail their save as your action ;)
>>
File: wat.gif (776KB, 245x180px) Image search: [Google]
wat.gif
776KB, 245x180px
>>50002888
>Those observer statistics

Do you like DM's laughing in your face with your shitty powergaming homebrew?
>>
File: 1427095719126.jpg (24KB, 432x432px) Image search: [Google]
1427095719126.jpg
24KB, 432x432px
>>50005617
You're just trying to get me rustled aren't you? Aren't you?
>>
>>50005685
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsntlJZ9h1U
;)
>>
File: backtoreddit.jpg (194KB, 717x880px) Image search: [Google]
backtoreddit.jpg
194KB, 717x880px
>>50005696
>emoji
>>
>>50005721
weaker than an imp
;)
>>
>>50005658
I don't think so Tim.

>each time you gain a wizard level
You don't have this feature until you area already a wizard. And you are not a wizard until you have 1 level in wizard. You have 6 spells at level 1. Each time you gain a level thereafter you get 2 more.
>>
>>50004319
https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/bards-nobles/id1168851630
>>
>>50005671
>>50005695
Ah, now, wait a moment.

Sharpshooter says
'BEFORE you attack with a ranged weapon'

You activate sharpshooter before you attack, and once you attack it is then treated as a club.

Take that, RAI.
>>
>>50005162
Alright dudes, since there's already a fighter and you guys don't like the martial adept, I've decided to roll an avenger paladin; my group is going to be neutral and are bounty hunters kind of

Gonna use a maul, heavy armor, what good 1st spells and feats are awesome to take? or should I just be a normal human
>>
>>50005830
An attack, not the Attack action =/
Good try though senpai.
>>
Anyone pick up the spell cards and that special binder?
>>
>>50005847
>>50005830
Actually nvm - that should work. Even if you use it as an improvised weapon via tavern brawler, a bow *IS* still a ranged weapon.
>>
>>50005721
xD
>>
>>50005834
Great Weapon Master is a solid choice for two-handers, but I'd say forget human and play a race with better stats. (But then I actually banned variant human in my game because I wanted a party of freaks and wierdos.)
>>
>>50005834
Be a human, take polearm master and use a polearm instead imo.
That feat is so godly on 2h paladins.
>>
someones gonna post volo's when it comes out
r-right guys? :^(
>>
>>50005879
Yeah crunch wise regular human is a bit of a bummer. Though my Paladin is doing...alright
>>
>>50005905
Someone inevitably will.
>>
>>50005907
Human's not terrible, it's just not as good as something specialized.

I'm considering a variant rule wherein normal humans get +2 to 2 stats rather than +1 to all. They're still diverse, but you can actually specialize and be good at your class.
>>
>>50005935
My DM banned it sadly
>>
>>50005935
>normal humans get +2 to 2 stats
Mountain dwarves laugh at that.
>>
>>50005696

The mixing on this is really fuckin' weird.
>>
>>50005978
I don't even know what mixing is.
>>
>>50005560
Nope. Attacking with a ranged weapon is attacking with a ranged weapon, even if you're clubbing someone with it. The reason this came up is that some asked sage advice if a thrown dagger benefits from the Archery fighting style and was told a dagger is a melee weapon even if you throw it.

http://www.sageadvice.eu/2014/09/19/dagger-archery/

Conversely, a bow is a ranged weapon even if you club with it.
>>
>>50005907
>>50005897
>>50005879
How about a dragonborne avenger paladin? Are black dragons edgy? Avenger paladins are called dark knights though
>>
File: 85c.jpg (116KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
85c.jpg
116KB, 680x680px
>>50002647
Where'd you get that leak from?
>>
>>50005401
Kill is a bit of a stretch, but hit the wizard once or twice is definitely a possibility if left to his own devices.
>>
>>50005959
>dwarfs get the ability to ignore the strength requirement on armour

>go ahead and get +2 strength

Joy

Still a good race for anything strength-based
>>
>>50006003
Dragonborn is a shitty race.
Half elf is your best bet if variant human is dick-banned.
>>
>>50005959
They're just +2 Strenghth and Con with the standard Darkvision and Dwarven Resilience?
>>
File: Crossbow clubbing.png (2MB, 1294x732px) Image search: [Google]
Crossbow clubbing.png
2MB, 1294x732px
>>50006002
As much as I'd love for that to be true, it doesn't quite work like that.

When attacking in melee with a crossbow, it supposedly counts as an improvised weapon, which means it's supposedly an entirely different weapon, for what little sense that makes, but then this is RAW abuse anyway.

If I believe then some day we'll finally have a world with crossbow clubbing.
>>
>>50006003
I'm personally huge into Dragonborn I thought about making a Half Elf Eldritch Knight
>>
>>50006033
Stonecunning. Dwarven armor training. Tool proficiency.
>>
Thoughts on using gestalt characters as major antagonists?

It seems kind of hard to determine how much stronger they would be than a normal enemy with character levels.
>>
>>50006055
True they're a good physical race no doubt but the Dwarven weapon stuff isn't useful to me since my dwarven characters get it anyway
no reason for them to laugh at variant humies
>>
>>50006046
It works with darts, because darts don't have the ammunition property.
>>
>>50006005
The official product page for the book. It was posted this morning and apparently I was the only one that noticed

Apparently everyone hates froghemoths except me
>>
>>50006085
Darts aren't heavy, so no GWM.
>>
>>50005935
Make it +2 to 3 stats and I might get behind you. That'd make humans great for MAD classes, like Paladins and Monks.
>>
>>50006092
Sharpshooter works though.
>>
>>50006092
If you use them as a maul, they will technically count as a maul and thus technically be heavy.
>>
>>50006111
You can't use darts as a maul, you silly.
>>
>>50006111
>>50006092
I understand now.
We must make a maul out of darts.
>>
File: 1459188677310.jpg (151KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1459188677310.jpg
151KB, 800x600px
>>50006133
>>
>>50006111
But then they wouldn't be ranged. Also RAW is that an improvised weapon has to be similar to the weapon you improvise as, which means it's up to your DM if a dart can maul someone.
>>
>>50006046
AFAICT, only the damage dice is replaced by treating it as an improvised weapon.
>>
>>50006089
Thanks man. I especially like the reference to an otherwordly origin in the froghemoth's entry. Already looking at including them as the aftermath of seeding a world as biological weapons of war.
Also, that poor schmuck of an adventurer.
>>
Rerolled my character, with no racial stats

human variant paladin; are his stats too high?
>>
I heard the DMG has rules for climbing on large monsters, what page is it on and what does it do to make it worthwhile?
>>
>>50006155
>>50006046
It doesn't actually say improvised weapons lose their "ranged weapon" categorization or other properties. All it really tells you is that it deals 1d4 damage instead of what it normally would, meaning the damage dice is the only property of the weapon that need actually change.
>>
>>50006183
Roleplay punching the dragon in the nads?
>>
>>50006176
I hate rolled stats, but those are very good stats.
>too high
They're fine. Having more than 2-3 high stats in 5e actually doesn't have nearly the impact it did in previous editions.
>>
>>50006183
DMG pp. 271
>>
File: disappoint.png (122KB, 349x320px) Image search: [Google]
disappoint.png
122KB, 349x320px
>>50002888
Looked interesting, but it just got worse the more I read
>>
File: Capture.png (397KB, 407x571px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
397KB, 407x571px
>>50006183
It's on page 271. It's quite useful because if you move with them and you get advantage on attacks against the monster you're climbing on.
>>
>>50006210
I still have two stats to increase by 1, which two? CHA and STR?
>>
>>50006221
All that's there is balanced

>>50006235
Yes.
>>
>>50006190
If that's the case, then you attack at disadvantage for using a ranged weapon in melee.
>>
>>50006242
crossbow expert
>>
>>50006240
Who said anything about balance?

It's just boring
>>
>>50006258
Oh that's fine - opinions
>>
>>50006242
Are you saying that spellcasters don't get disadvantage for making ranged attacks in melee?

You only get disadvantage on ranged attacks, not melee weapon attacks.

An attack with a ranged weapon in melee is a melee weapon attack.
>>
>>50006242
No, you get disadvantage if you make a ranged attack in melee. Ranged weapon =/= ranged attack.
>>
>>50006268
The salt is strong with this one
>>
>>50006292
>implying
wew lad
>>
>>50006304
You mad?
>>
>>50006242
>>50006283
So here's another question - does the attack use Strength or Dexterity?
>>
>>50006312
Strength. It's a melee attack, and the weapon doesn't have the finesse property.
>>
>>50002888
Doesn't anyone have anything positive to say about this?
>>
>>50006312
I never thought about that

Apparently, if you make an attack with a ranged weapon, you use dexterity.

Not 'if you make ranged attack' but 'if you make an attack with a ranged weapon'
>>
>>50006330
That's what I would think it'd be, since you're actually making a melee attack roll in order to utilize GWM.
So that should actually work.
I'm going to make a character that does this. I'm thinking devotion paladin for the +5 to attacks, since I can get advantage on attack rolls from other sources.
>>
So fluff wise, if I take the magic initiate feat and pick warlock, am I still making some sort of pact?
>>
>>50006378
Who cares?

>>50006384
>Not 'if you make ranged attack' but 'if you make an attack with a ranged weapon
Oh, is that actually the case? That makes things confusing then, since melee attacks with weapons that don't have the finesse weapon property are supposed to use strength...
>>
>>50006399
No.
>>
>>50006405
>>50006378
samefag
>>
>>50006410
>>50006399
Or rather, not necessarily.

>>50006418
We're different people.
>>
>>50006420
Yea, we are
>>
File: 1458989047812.png (178KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1458989047812.png
178KB, 300x300px
>>50006405
>if you make a melee attack with a ranged weapon you add strength AND dexterity

Everybody, polish off your heavy crossbows.
Fighters are the new meta.
>>
File: 1468287752480.jpg (16KB, 220x202px) Image search: [Google]
1468287752480.jpg
16KB, 220x202px
>>50006443
>strength AND dexterity
>>
File: cancer.jpg (223KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
cancer.jpg
223KB, 900x675px
>>50002888
>>50006378
>>50006405
>>50006420
>>50006441
>>
>>50006386
I'd go with Battlemaster, as you need 3 feats to get this working (GWM, SS and Tavern Brawler). You can have Precision Attack to improve accuracy, and lots of attacks to improve your chances.
>>
File: Token4.png (5KB, 95x96px) Image search: [Google]
Token4.png
5KB, 95x96px
>DM allows a player to roll a Mystic of a non-humanoid, extradimensional creature
>Doesn't really interact with the other PCs outside of combat and doing mysterious, vaguely helpful actions like using its skill in Arcana to read shit and not tell us what it means
>He just RPs it floating around investigating shit, sometimes floating through the ceiling out of a scene just to show up in the next room
>Player is having a fucking blast somehow

I legitimately have no idea how I'm supposed to RP in this situation, it's like a fever dream
>>
>>50006165
>I especially like the reference to an otherwordly origin in the froghemoth's entry.
Seems like somebody at WotC remembered that S3 existed.
>>
>>50006378
> Validate me plox
No. You squandered what little actual feedback you got by insisting your 'brew was balanced. You deserve nothing but shitters now.
>>
>>50006378
You're getting constructive criticism. Isn't that what you wanted?

Also, why is this thread all /pfg/?
>>
File: (you).png (77KB, 336x291px) Image search: [Google]
(you).png
77KB, 336x291px
>>50006461
>>
I can't decide which patron to choose for my warlock. To sum up his story, he's basically a half elf noble who signed a deal with his patron, who then gifted him incredible looks and magical power in exchange for his soul.

However, if I'm rolling with a patron of the old gods, then he's just a nerd who worked at a library, organizing and keeping track of the various books, until he read a book that cursed him with visions of the end of the world, and the planet being devoured by a gigantic cosmic being. Now he's trying to train himself by joining groups of adventurers so that he can prepare himself for the end of the world.

Honestly I'm just having trouble deciding on what would be the most fun to play. Old ones get some pretty cool spells, but I don't really like to role play as a crazy person. Fiend looks like it's a different flavored sorc and sounds like tons of fun, but it doesn't seem like it has tons of utility. And Fey seems super good in all social situations, but I don't know anything about my upcoming campaign or if it's going to have a lot of social interaction.
>>
>>50005830
A crossbow ceases to be a crossbow for the purposes of the rules as soon as you turn it into a an improvised club.
At the moment you decide to bash someone with it instead of use it to make a ranged attack, it is now an improvised melee weapon that happens to be in the shape of a crossbow.
>>
>>50006507
Have a look at >>50002888. It's pretty good.
>>
>>50006507
You don't have to be crazy to play goo. Fiend is the strongest (mechanically) patron. I don't like fey but it gives you some good spells and it's not *bad* or anything.
>>
File: (You)reAFag.jpg (30KB, 420x143px) Image search: [Google]
(You)reAFag.jpg
30KB, 420x143px
>>50006506
Thinking a screen cap proves anything
>>
>>50006555
You can believe whatever you'd like ;)
>>
>>50006555
>>50006506
Stop fucking samefagging
>>
So how many of you don't actually play the game, just read the source books, theorycraft, and shit post?
>>
>>50006330
Disregard this - I was using common sense instead of the rules. It's an attack with a ranged weapon, so it uses Dexterity.
>>
>>50006525
The rules say nothing of the sort. The only thing that changes when you make a melee attack with a ranged weapon is the damage die becomes a 1d4.
>>
>>50006481
They came from the depths of the void; an ancient enemy of an ancient people. No one knows why they hate us so, or why they have made war upon us. Some say the struggle against their evil is the Mandate of Heaven. Though their origin and purpose are shrouded in mystery, their plan is simple: they travel, they land, and then they conquer. Now, they are here on our world, to do to us what they have done to so many others. And they will do it... unless someone stops them.
>>
File: lad wew.png (139KB, 286x199px) Image search: [Google]
lad wew.png
139KB, 286x199px
>>50006582
No bro - this is actually a paradox.
>>
>>50006551
I was looking at goo for the cool utility spells they get, but I think I'm gonna stick with fiend because I really like the concept of a lawful evil dickhead that signed a contract with Hell.
>>
>>50006627
Fiend is the most meta option out of core too.
All of its features are sheerly good.
>>
If you throw a bow, do you use Strength or Dexterity?
>>
>>50006668
>>50006615
>>
>>50006176
What background would suit a paladin with an oath of vengeance on a pilgrimage? My party is lvl 4 and they are bounty hunters
>>
Anyone play Valor Bard? Is it fun compare to other melee/gish? I'm a bit sad that you can't use Bardic Inspiration to buff yourself.
>>
>>50006686
Outlander? Far traveler? Acolyte? Whatever you'd like senpai - backgrounds are flexible. You can make your own.
>>
>>50006607
There was a mind flayer in S3 too.
>>
>>50006701
It's good. You steal swift quiver from ranger at level 10 and lol.
>>
Is fight club 5 any good?

I just downloaded it because some dude at a meetup recently recommended it, but it doesn't seem to follow the same rules as the phb, and it's missing features.

For example, high elves only get +2 to cha instead of being able to allocate points, and variant humans and forest gnomes straight up don't exist according to the app.
>>
>>50006605
Regardless it becomes a weapon you're not proficient with. But by all means, feel free to take the feats needed to be able to do your RAW rules-lawyering and then be shut down and laughed at.

You're technically not incorrect at your reading of the rules, but it's clearly against RAI. As a DM I'd love to see the salt well up in any retards eyes that tried to pull this shit when I tell them "no."
>>
>>50006826
>Regardless it becomes a weapon you're not proficient with
tavern brawler bruh
>>
>>50006826
If you wouldn't tell them they couldn't do that beforehand if you knew they were doing it, you'd actually just be a faggot~
>>
File: 1477160279364.png (197KB, 608x541px) Image search: [Google]
1477160279364.png
197KB, 608x541px
>>50006605
>your attack hits!
>but it looks like your crossbow broke
>oh no, that sucks
>>
>>50006840
You should really keep reading.

>>50006848
I have no problem shutting down "that guy" levels of rules lawyering. Call me a faggot if you want. It just makes your tears that much sweater when you sperg out.
>>
>>50006877
Whatever happened to item saving throws?
>>
>abusing optional rules

It's like you want everyone to think you're a faggot.
>>
File: 1468086993139.png (67KB, 268x367px) Image search: [Google]
1468086993139.png
67KB, 268x367px
>>50006902
You can shut it down, but as a good natured person you tell your fucking players that what they're wanting to do won't work in your game before they fucking try to do that if you know about it, and you let them change their shit if you baited them through three fucking feats only to tell them "nah".
>>
>Use disarm from dmg or battlemaster disarm
>Grapple and move opponent away from weapon
>Shove prone
I'm so glad this isn't 3.x anymore.
>>
>>50006923
>abusing
It's not even good.
>>
>>50005477
You still don't have free hand to touch people with (lay on hand / cure wound).
Sageadvice already clarify this. Get on with the time.
>>
>>50006920
I mean it probably wouldn't have broken but you hit them as hard as possible with it.
>>
>>50006932
Just drop your weapon, cast the spell, then pick up weapon again for free during movement.
>>
>>50006877
Good luck, I have 40 more crossbows.
>>
>>50006924
>them trying to do something clearly unintended by the game's design
>I baited them

What setting are you in?
>>
>>50006717
>>50006686
Alright - My paladin was originally infantry. I don't know what enemy he fought, or what country or where he was from. Do I just make up something? And he was recruited into a religion and became a paladin, I haven't chosen a faith yet, I need to find one.

His company was slaughtered and he managed to get away - I don't know what kind of monster or type of villian did it, I'd prefer something dangerous but common. I'm taking great weapon master. His flaw is "My hatred of my foes is blind and unreasoning." In combat he will always use the -5 to attack and +10 to damage and always has tunnel vision for his hated enemies.
>>
>>50006944
It takes an action to arm yourself again after dropping your weapon. You just fucking stow it.
>>
>>50006960
>ever trying to "beat" the DM

You know how I know you niggas don't play this game? I know you were probably joking. But there are actually people who think this way.
>>
>>50006961
If you're a *DM*, and you see people taking those feats and/or they explicitly tell you what they're doing, and you let it happen only to tell them "nah" after all that shit, you're a tool.
That's a horrible spirit as a DM - literally That DM-thinking.
>>
>>50006944
No sane DM would allow you to do it more than once.
>>
>Swift quiver bard
Who okayed this down at the Coast?
>>
>>50006971
>>50006997
It doesn't take an action to interact with an item during the movement of your turn.
>>
>>50007000
Read magical secrets. It's completely intended and there's no way you can rule RAW that it doesn't work.
>>
>>50006993
You're mistaken, I never meant to imply I would ever bait them into thinking I'd allow them to do something like that while also having prior knowledge that's what they were planning.
I'd tell them the first time they asked.

Of course a player asking you "hey can I do this?", telling them "sure", and then later saying "no fuck you" isn't acceptable. What kind of nonsense.
>>
>>50007049
You should tell them immediately when you see both "sharpshooter" and "great weapon master" on their character sheet and let them change it.
>>
>>50007034
To be honest it's not even THAT good. It's good, but in order to do it you have to spend a pretty big spell in order to do so, and as a bard you have plenty of other things competing for your concentration and/or bonus actions.

You definitely can be a better ranged attacker than a ranger pretty early on, but we all know rangers were fucked from the start.
>>
>>50007065
Yes - it's good but not *that* good, which is what you want.
>>
>>50007065
>we all know rangers were fucked from the start
Read the revised ranger.
https://media.wizards.com/2016/dnd/downloads/UA_RevisedRanger.pdf
>>
>>50006985
Players forget that DM's are god masters of all existence. Don't try to mess with them ooc. A fucking level 4 drow ranger an't got shit on the all-god.
>>
>>50007064
No. I would not.
Because as a player they are entering into "that guy" as a player. You can easily be a fighter that would like to both bash in faces with his big sword and shoot well from a distance.

As a DM I should not have to read their mind and determine every RAW-abuse combination and actively look to weed them out. Luckily, I don't DM for idiots.
>>
File: item interaction.png (146KB, 741x835px) Image search: [Google]
item interaction.png
146KB, 741x835px
>>50006971
>>50006997
>>50007023
PHB p.190
Here are a few examples of the sorts of thing you can do in tandem with your movement and action:
>pick up a dropped axe
>>
>>50007072
Right, which is why it's perfectly acceptable and no one should ever get their panties in a bunch about it.

>>50007082
I've read it. I have a player I DM for at the moment using the revised beast master. It's certainly miles better. I don't let anyone multi with it yet though.
>>
>>50006985
Sure, the DM can say 'rocks fall, everyone dies'
But that's the DM admitting defeat.
Defeat isn't a simple matter of 'your characters are dead'.

Defeat is that point when the DM just can't handle That Guy's almighty game derailing power, such as the story of the guy who destroyed psionics in a psionics-orientated adventure, and has to basically hang the white flag as he gives up on using reason and creativity to fight back and just says 'I can't do this anymore, you have to leave.'
>>
>>50007092
>No. I would not.
So you're a faggot who means people ill - got it.
>>
>>50007120
>Right, which is why it's perfectly acceptable and no one should ever get their panties in a bunch about it
Das what I'm sayin' mane
>>
>>50007127
LOL. You seem incredibly upset over your imagined scenario.

>>50007124
Sure, and a DM's main goal is to make sure everyone has fun. If That Guy is ruining peoples fun then it's well within the DMs responsibility to destroy that guy. Or just be like, "hey man, like, it's not working out. We all talked it over and we think it'd better if you just didn't come over anymore."
>>
>>50007097
you can only do one of those per turn, so you can't drop and pick up
>>
Who let the autists out?
>>
>>50007139
Shiieeet.
>>
>>50007165
I'm not upset - I'm calling you a tool (because you are one). Which I enjoy doing immensely ;)
>>
>>50007189
How will I ever recover.
>>
>>50007165
Having fun is to do things in style, and saying 'rocks falls everyone dies' is the exact opposite. It's like throwing a tantrum. The 'hey man' thing works better, but the truly best thing a DM can do is to beat the player at their own game.
Fun for everyone.
>>
>>50007215
Who gives a shit?
>>
>>50007097
So these DO burn an action?
>>
How do I cast spells as a paladin if I'm using a 2H weapon?
>>
>>50007245
you drop one hand as a free action
>>
>>50007245
You hold the weapon in one hand for a moment.
>>
>>50007220
Right, I never tried to advocate "rocks fall, everyone dies." That's just stupid.

And why kill everyone? As a DM, especially in a homebrew setting, there are a million ways to turn that guy into an ineffective turd and watch them foam at the mouth as their autism switches into maximum over drive while remaining consistent with the story and still affording player agency.
>>
>>50007272
This.
>>
>>50006464
you cast Gra on it and prepare to kick Lashiec's ass
https://youtu.be/25phm5LK5z0?t=330
>>
>>50007178
It's a Friday night, what else do we have going on? It's not like any of us actually plays 5e.
>>
File: faggit.gif (129KB, 208x198px) Image search: [Google]
faggit.gif
129KB, 208x198px
>>50007279
>turn that guy into an ineffective turd and watch them foam at the mouth as their autism switches into maximum over drive
never DM
>>
>>50007272
Correct

>>50007262
Incorrect

Two-Handed. This weapon requires two hands to use.

You are not using it, you are simply holding it. DM can lawyer you though and claim that you can't take any reactions since you aren't using any weapons.
>>
>>50007308
I don't DM for autists. So it's not really an issue for me, however.
>>
>>50007308
You seem triggered?
>>
File: baito.png (68KB, 540x300px) Image search: [Google]
baito.png
68KB, 540x300px
>>50007359

>>50007165
>Sure, and a DM's main goal is to make sure everyone has fun
>>50007279
>turn that guy into an ineffective turd and watch them foam at the mouth as their autism switches into maximum over drive
>>
>>50007379
You forgot the part where shutting down That Guy, who, in this scenario, has been defined as the person who is causing everyone not to have fun.
Are you okay? Do you need a napkin? You've got some spittle.
>>
File: faggot.gif (4MB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
faggot.gif
4MB, 600x338px
>>50007398
>doing a stupid suboptimal silly build that whacks people over the head with a heavy crossbow is causing everyone not to have fun
>>
>>50007419
Nigger I had a feeling you were the same guy, but this is entirely unrelated to your autist build. I don't give a shit if you want to hit people with your heavy crossbow. Put down those smug anime reactions before someone gets hurt.
>>
>>50007419
Imagine being this upset.

New thread when?
>>
>>50007496
fear not senpai ur posts are saved in the archives
>>
>>50007169
>>50007234
Dropping something doesn't take an action.
>>
>>50007441
You do realize that you haven't been talking to the same person consistently, right?
>>
>>50007536
Yes, I'm well aware.
>>
>>50007234
It burn object interaction.
>>
>>50007169
where on that list does it say that dropping an item takes your item interaction
>>
>>50006826
Do you let the Crossbow Expert feat allow ranged spell attacks in melee without disadvantage?
>>
>>50004491
A bit complex, but worth it. Clearer rules help against confusion and shenanigans.
>>
File: a88.jpg (95KB, 921x589px) Image search: [Google]
a88.jpg
95KB, 921x589px
So I've been considering making an extensive extreme lewd splatbook for D&D 3.5, since it's the only version I've really played or have much knowledge of, is 5e as friendly to splat creation? Should I check it out instead?
>>
File: dancing catgirl 2.gif (904KB, 400x533px) Image search: [Google]
dancing catgirl 2.gif
904KB, 400x533px
>>50008378
There's already multiplet lewd splats for 3.5e, including the infamous Book of Erotic Fantasy.

And 5e is as friendly to splat creation at least, since it has about the same amount of its core rules available under OGL.

However, please consider taking your magical realm garbage to /pfg/, they love it there and could always use more. Be sure to include lots of cat girls.
>>
File: 1472262688686.jpg (169KB, 901x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1472262688686.jpg
169KB, 901x1500px
>>50008447
You know, I tried to read the book of erotic fantasy through a few times, it just never felt engaging, discounting the cringey art, it just didn't hit the right spots that I look for in lewd/serious RP.
>>
>>50008529
>ERP
>Serious
Pick one.
>>
Hi. I'm new to 5e, and I need to build a character really fast for a level 5 one-shot. Has to be great in combat and have utility, and preferably not a full caster.
>>
>>50010561
Send to early, damnit. So, need some help. My thoughts for now are either a Warlock or a Revised Ranger. Any advice?
Thread posts: 330
Thread images: 40

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.