[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/edh/ MTG EDH/COMMANDER GENERAL

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 379
Thread images: 36

File: 1477449913910.jpg (1MB, 1920x1126px) Image search: [Google]
1477449913910.jpg
1MB, 1920x1126px
/edh/ MTG EDH/COMMANDER GENERAL

Shitposting intensifies Edition

Previous:>>49984092 (Cross-thread)

RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
http://www.mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
http://www.tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the internet.
http://www.edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
http://manabasecrafter.com/

>CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
http://gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
http://www.magiccards.info
>>
Non-blue deck got nothing. fuck this.
>>
>>49999041
Continuing the question from before:
Alright boys. All of the cards are on the table. Final verdict: should four-colors have been brought back or would it have been better just being the Nephilim?
>>
Thinking of picking up Atraxa's list and turning it into Ghave as I don't have much of a physical collection and some of the reprints are sweet (Scooze, Reveillark, Kalonian Hydra, Murmuring Bosk). Should I?
>>
>>49999041

That's pretty gay.
>>
>>49999079
Ghostly Prison's most recent printing was in Conspiracy 2: Electric Boogaloo

>>49999060
They /are/ 4-color commanders, whether they're workable or not will be a different question. Seems like they mistook people wanting 4-color just to have access to 4-colors instead of just making 4-color legendaries within a broad archetype.
>>
>>49999113
Neither. They should have never tried it.
>>
If all legendary creatures had partner, which two would you combine for your ultimate deck?
>>
>>49999113
i like what we got. most playgroups let the neph slide anyways now we just have more options
>>
>>49999137
Oh no, they didn't 'mistake' it. Instead of actually designing "Four Color Commanders" they changed the rules of the game so they could staple two shitty 2-color commanders together and take an early lunch.
>>
>>49999142
Daretti and Arcum
>>
>>49999154
It's a neat idea of approaching the matter, though. Besides, it gives people a wide array of options to work with.
>>
>>49999134
That's probably what I'm going to do. Just cannibalize Atraxa into pieces for my Teysa and a Vorel deck I was planning to build. I mean it seems like you could build a deck around Atraxa, but superfriends does actually seem like the best archetype for her.
>>
>>49999170
I disagree. Partner itself is a neat concept, and had it been introduced outside of "We couldn't be bothered to actually design more than 5 of these" bullshit, I'd actually rather like it.

The way they just hand-wave away the other solutions as 'worse', but insist that stapling together 2-color commanders that don't really even work together was "the best solution for narrow design space" might be true. It might- I don't know, I'm not a game designer. But as a CONSUMER, what it feels like is that they decided the product they promised to provide was gonna be difficult to make, so instead of actually doing their fucking jobs and providing it, they moved the goalpost back 50 yards, half-assed a "Solution" to the problem whose parameters they changed, and called it a day. It might be the best option, but it comes across as lazy bullshit.
>>
>>49999185
There's not even enough in any one of these lists for me to justify spending 35 dollars on. I'll just pick up the handful of singles I need.
>>
>>49999137
If people just wanted the colors, it makes no sense for them to not just use a 5 color commander.

They could build it exactly like 4 color. They could even play Reaper King and occasionally play the general even without the 5th color.
>>
>>49999170
I agree with this. I think partner was brilliant. LET people staple two guys together. That's a cool way to go about it. And also opening up other color combinations with different combinations. Like you can play Abzan with Tymna and Kondo to have a draw engine your command zone in Abzan colors. The other two common Abzan commanders are basically just efficient dudes played for their color, but now Abzan has the option besides Ghave and Anafenza/Doesn't goodstuff to build around using kondo's evasion and Tymna to draw. It doesn't just hep four color.
>>
>>49999141
This is exactly what they want you to think.
>>
>>49999142
llawan and aboshan
>>
>>49999203
Great blog, where can i subscribe?
>>
>>49999150
>most playgroups let the neph slide anyways
I've interacted with like 8 different playgroups, and out of them only one of them would have maybe let it slide.
>>
>>49999142
Meren and either sheoldred or MonoB Sidisi
>>
>>49999203
I get what you mean, and I don't completely disagree that it might seem that way. But honestly, think of it this way: if they had tried to make many more 4 colour commanders, they probably would've turned out worse. I assure you they went through multiple different designs and, if they picked 15 partners + 5 four coloured generals instead of just the usual 10-15 generals commander decks usually have, it must've been for a good reason. They went with the best option.
>>
I feel that while Partner is an interesting concept, it doesn't actually feel like EDH/Commander with the two heads at the helm.
>>
>Chromatic Lantern in one deck
>solemn Simulacrum in one deck
>Literally no other useful reprints
>Almost all of thr new cards are worthless
>BUT WE HAVE A FAGGOT COMMANDER

maybe if Wizards spent more time making shit playable instead of pandering to the minorities, their playerbase wouldn't have shrunk over the last couple years.
>>
>>49999142
Hokori and Derevi
>>
File: 8c3.jpg (43KB, 640x496px) Image search: [Google]
8c3.jpg
43KB, 640x496px
>>49999242
>post asks for opinion on a subject
>opinion is given
>whew boy, get a blog man!
>>
>>49999142
Gitrog and Borby. It won't be top tier but goddamn it would be fun.
>>
>>49999265
>I assure you
>it must've been for a good reason
>They went with the best option
Are you on the design team for commander 2016?
>>
>>49999287
Shit, I'd scrap all my other decks if I could play gitrog + borby, that sounds like most fun
>>
>>49999277
>their playerbase wouldn't have shrunk
Source on this?
>>
>silas renn
>akiri
>vial smasher
>thrasios
>tymna
>ludevic
>reyhan
>all 3 cmc or less
Should we brace for the revenge of the Tiny Leaders meme or is it well and truly dead?
>>
Talrand and Noyan could make a very aNoyan' duo
>>
File: OfbxcuTmdp_EN.png (149KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
OfbxcuTmdp_EN.png
149KB, 265x370px
Also new Temple art.
Kinda eh.
>>
Why couldn't they put a planeswalker in all of them? Breya seems to have gotten a lot of good legends, but is offset by probably the worst manabase. There are some really good reprints in here though, especially in Yidris.

I'm really fucking sad about Saskia though. She has the most interesting and fun build-around ability, but got shafted with one of the worst lists. These all have things in them I want though.

Also, why only Glint-Eye reprint?
>>
ANNNDDD $70 dropped. RIP Wallet :')

Probably should've just bought that sword of feast and famine I've been wanting
>>
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/best-couple/

Well, I had a Pheldagriff group hug deck, and I'm thinking of converting it to a more pillowy Kynaios and tiro deck. I want to add some more removal and counters, just in case, but I'm not sure what to cut, any thoughts?
>>
>>49999328
It's from Elspeth vs. Kiora
>>
>>49999303
>falling for weak bait
>>
>>49999305
I'm seriously considering a Akiri-Vial Smasher Mardu Leaders with Equipments Matter as sub-theme.
>>
How does everyanon think about them in terms of monetary value?

https://www.mtggoldfish.com/articles/commander-2016-decklists

Are gaybros worth $150, even including the fact that the price is inflated by the deck not actually being out yet?
>>
>>49999328
That art was from the Elspeth vs Kiora deck
>>
Yidris, Atraxa and Breya decks all hit me in the right spots
Which one should I get first ? Which one is the most fun ?
Also, which has the best manabase (I don't know how to evaluate them) ?
>>
>>49999328
It's from the Kiora's duel deck, and it's pretty sweet. It's my preferred version for EDH.
>>
>>49999383
Probably Ydris got the best Mana base, along with Lantern.
>>
>>49999328
Not new, that was in the Elspeth duel deck.

Also temple is an awful fucking card in a 4-color deck.
>>
>>49999242
I really don't understand the "Nurr blog" insult.

This is a discussion. We are discussing things. I gave my opinion. Just because you don't like my opinion doesn't mean I'm not allowed to participate.
>>
>>49999411
thanks for blogging your opinion to us
>>
>>49999212
Exactly. My complaints about Partner are that it was a lazy excuse to get out of having to ACTUALLY design 4 color commanders, and that the Partners they made feel kinda underwhelming (like they erred on 'safe and boring' to avoid going OP). Had Partners been debuted as the 'face' mechanic of C16 instead of Four Color, I would've liked it a lot more.
>>
Welp, I'm probably getting Gayhug and Breya. On the fence about Atraxa
>>
>>49999265
Maybe. But we'll never know what would've happen if they'd tried to make more, because "try" is very clearly something that did not happen with this design team.
>>
Why do all the percon suck so much? Last year had way better synergies and combos, especially the BG and WB decks.
>>
>>49999383
Yidris has the best manafixing it looks like. Breya has the most cool shit in the deck, but has a terrible manabase. Atraxa is all right.
>>
>>49999305
There will likely be a brief resurgence, but not much. The problem with Tiny Leaders (Well... the main one) is that the format is solved.
>>
>>49999419
Thanks for blogging your opinion :^)
>>
>>49999328
I don't know if you've heard, but this art is from Elspeth vs. Kiora.
>>
>>49999377
Goodness what trash decks. What the fuck is guiltfeeder doing in Yidris? With Yidris, I'm better off buying him and spending the $35 on a mana base.

I know MTG Goldfish likes to add another 20% to all card prices but how is Atraxa $20 and Kraum $15?
>>
>>49999419
>us
>>
File: natureswill.jpg (33KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
natureswill.jpg
33KB, 223x310px
Thoughts?
>>
File: 1095564.jpg (21KB, 318x318px) Image search: [Google]
1095564.jpg
21KB, 318x318px
>>49999411

Spoiler season. /v/ and /pol/ who play mtg are visiting us during spoiler season to nag and complain, and discuss "card advantage".

They are not used to getting responses more than 5 sentences, if the paragraph doesn't include a few "nigger", "cuck", "shill".

Come back in a week or two, if you want to have a purposeful conversation.
>>
>>49999508
I don't know
None of the C16 cards cost more than 6€($6.5) in Europe
Feels good being an Eurofag
>>
>>49999508
>35$
Why are the decks so expensive in America? I can get them for 20€ each.
>>
>>49999446
Because they really shot themselves in the foot promising 5 of something with almost zero actual design space
>>
>>49999530
Seems pretty tasty in Edric
>>
wut
>>
>>49999377
Atraxa is the only set that I know what some of the more costly cards are normally.

Inflated prices of the new legends is dumb and not worth considering at all.
>>
Which one is worth getting out of these 5?

I think the phyrexian commander has the best long-term value due to reprints of Ooze, Reveillark, and Hydra. Also its probably the best commander out of the 5
>>
>>49999041
Seriously though. I should have quit when they made the tranny, the lesbians and other forced minority characters.

Now they really rustled my jimmies with this interracial gay shit. And they even made them greek.

I just lost all my will to continue supporting their product.

t. level 2 judge
>>
Godo seems like a weird include in a deck with 5 Equips.
>>
>>49999553
Well fuck me, they're apparently going for $40 now. Jesus, there's not even one remotely desirable reprint in the whole lot.

The most expensive reprint is Kolonian fucking hydra.
>>
>>49999607
lmao

>GAYS IN MY CARDS GAMES!!! FUCK YOU WOTC
>>
>>49999566
Oh, you're winning? Fuck you, now I am.
>>
I like the partner idea in general, but they seem too incompatible.

They should have used them as an opportunity to give so help 3-color pairs that are lacking in commanders.

All current Jund commanders are the same (sacrifice based), but I can't find a pair that would work well together.

Pic related - partners.
>>
>>49999607
>L2 judge
>uses terms like 'tranny' and is offended by interracial couples
How did you get past the fucking interview
>>
>>49999566

You can exchange each player's life total with another one

If you have 10 life and that guy with Oloro has 120, if this resolves, you can get 120 and give him 10
>>
>>49999595
Her or Yidris if you want to get your money's worth.
>>
>first Commander product printed in portuguese
>all shops in the whole country only have the damn cards in pt now
FUCK THISSSS

Any good and cheap international shops that wouldn't charge me a bajilion dolars of shipping and/or would lose my pack in the flight? I live in Brazil
>>
>>49999653
He probably hid his racism powerlevel
>>
Might pick up Atraxa. Cool reprints for cards I don't have. Graft, evolve, and Bolster all seem to be good in her.

Which walkers are worth picking up of I decide on a super friends list? Only walkers I own that can work in her are Elspeth OG, fat Elspeth, and Lilianna Vess. GW Ajani is probably good and so is Bant Tamiyo. Gate crash Gideon?
>>
>>49999607
Too bad racists and homophobes aren't minorities, WOTC won't support them
>>
File: 1472744438210.png (260KB, 433x408px) Image search: [Google]
1472744438210.png
260KB, 433x408px
>didn't finish the Signet land cycle
>Didn't even reprint all 5 of them

MOTHER FUCKER
>>
>>49999668
What the fuck is in Yidris where you get your money's worth?

The most expensive card is Past in Flames, which is a ~$5 card.

The deck doesn't even have good synergy at the cost of value, it's a glorified coinflip deck with no wincon.
>>
suggestions?

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/26-10-16-CoF-breya-artifacts/
>>
>>49999713
ALL OF THEM
>>
>>49999607
The gays don't even bother me. It's this weird American mentality of "every 4th person must be a minority". So they randomly put black people in European plate armor or make black elves. It's like making a set with east Asian mythology and there are random blonde people wearing kimonos and wielding samurai swords.
>>
>>49999713
You're not on the colors of Chandra and Tibalt so basically what >>49999737 said
>>
>>49999737
That's a lot of money I don't have. How do you even win with Walkers? Pop ultimates and hit with whatever?
>>
>>49999713
Teferi, Elspeth, Sorin
>>
>>49999760
Basically. Just drop a ton of them and tick them all up for incremental value while your opponent fails to take care of them all (unless they're wise to your antics and are packing proper answers)
>>
>>49999760
Walkers are basically free spell machines. That plus proliferate, just blow your load on everyone.
>>
>>49999732
Burgeoning reprint
BBE Reprint
Waste Not reprint
Not the worst of the bunch but its reprints are fine.

Atraxa is hard to find right now though, unless you have a store that is dedicated to sell it at msrp.

Also shes probably the only interesting commander out of everything spoiled this year.
>>
>>49999760
Proliferate to Ultimates is a way, Just drowning people in value is the other one.

Get chained Veil, and you go infinite with Tezz+ OG Garruk, and drown in value if you have any other walker.
>>
>>49999657
why not 129 to 1? Just to really rub it in.
>>
>>49999135
I just noticed the two swords touching in the background
>>
>>49999760
If you can get chain veil out there are plenty of walkers who can make it go infinite. GG unless someone can stop it.
>>
>>49999607
What lesbians?
>>
>>49999822

You can exchange total life, not change the numbers themselves

http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=87243
>>
>try deck changes out on xmage
>1 monoblue player spends the entire game countering all your shit and writing XD in chat
>another player beats the fuck out of you with hatebears while you can't cast shit
>more XDing in chat

i love this
>>
>>49999624
All those sweet cards that got spoiled must have driven up the price.

To those who can't tell, I was being sarcastic.
>>
>>49999843
I think the two gals from innistrad
>>
>>49999843
Chandra, nissa, those story hunters on Innistrad
>>
File: Mbanza.jpg (975KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Mbanza.jpg
975KB, 1920x1080px
>>49999741
Black elves aren't even that weird. You think of pre-Colonial Africa and it's rainforest elf land. Hell, even Civilization basically made Africa the Elf land of the world. Look at this shit.
>>
>>49999851
That sucks. I've had fairly good luck with people on xmage, except for the fucking chaos players. They are a cancer.
>>
well fuck Atraxa deck only has couple of the cards i planned for my Atraxa deck to have. seems like i need to buy her as a single now
>>
>>49999843
Also Oviya Pashiri from Kaladesh
>>
>>49999884
>Chandra, Nissa

What?
>>
File: benefactorsdraught.jpg (44KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
benefactorsdraught.jpg
44KB, 265x370px
>>49999741
Does this bother you?
>>
>>49999864
I dunno man I'm ready to plop down retail for a deck with Oath and Orchard.
>>
>>49999930

A little, yeah. Atleast make it a brown elf.
>>
Overall I'm impressed with the products, good amount of value in the boxes, some spicy reprints, and most importantly they didn't fucking spike the power level again the way they did with shit like Prossh. I'm happy and have a couple decks in the brewing process.
>>
>>49999135
>Spartan knockoffs
>not gay

You will never know what it's like to serve in histories greatest war machine and lie with your brothers in arms.
>>
>>49999607
>>49999741
>Triggered little white bois can't share the sandbox
>>
>>49999843
There was a pair of named trackers from Innistrad that showed up in a few of the stories. There were heavy implications in the first story or two, and after that it was just outright "These are two women, and they are in love". This offends the neckbeard.

Also the fact that Nissa shows affection for Chandra means she's a total dyke, according to the average 4chin user.
>>
>>49999303
not him, but the general consensus is that player numbers have risen while player retention has fallen. More and more people are getting into magic, but staying around a shorter amount of time.
>>
>>49999851
>>49999897
what can you even do in a situation where the autistic blue player singles you out on the table and leaves mana open for 2 counterspells every single one of your turn
>>
>>49999972
Akros is the Sparta knockoff. Meletis is supposed to be either Thebes or Athens
>>
>>49999972
>lie within your brothers in arms.
ftfy
>>
>>49999945
Weren't you just complaining about brown elves though?
>>
>>49999741
So you'er mad that people on a completely different fucking plane of existence, with European-looking armor, are black.

You're mad that the races and cultural looks don't 1:1 match up to earth.

You're mad that a multimillion dollar company has realized that non-white people might buy their product, and decided to make an effort to represent them in the FICTIONAL FUCKING WORLDS where races such as "Sapient bipedal elephants" exist.

Okay.
>>
>>49999930
you have to do this before blocks, right?
>>
>>50000007
You do know that lie/lay already has sexual connotations, right?
>>
>>50000023
>you have to do this before blocks, right?

yeah but you can do it in the declare attackers step
>>
>>49999530
Hellkite Charger combo that I didn't know existed. Thanks, I'll throw it in Scion to be an ass.
>>
>>50000023
Yeah, otherwise it doesn't "see" the blocks happening.
>>
>>49999995
Go faster than him. Play Gruul and get Shusher/Spellbreaker/Gutteral Response/REB/Pyroblast
>>
>>50000000
>>
>>49999995
Bait their counters until they run out, and es they'll run out unless you've let them run away with their board state and they're drawing several cards a turn with Azami.
>>
>>49999810
I dunno, maybe I've just been playing too long now and I already have everything that's getting reprinted.

It would have been nice to see at least one costly card get knocked down to reasonable prices.
>>
>>49999995
Pyrrhic victory. Force him to use his counters until he has none and then consider his death at the hands of another to be partially your doing.
>>
>>50000008

No, I'm a different guy. But I mostly agree, they just need to be consistent. The "Pure White Euro" Elf just makes the "Darkest Jungle of Africa" Knight stand out even more.
>>
>>49999277
>no other useful reprints
Are you retarded?
>>
>>50000105
>need to be consistent
Says who? Nobody gets mad when Goblins vary from "rock-shelled akki" to "brutish Mogg" to "fuzzy little monkey things" from plane to plane, but Elves have to stay willowy, pale, and blonde on every plane they exist?
>>
>>50000066
the thing is that most people don't really run many counterspells in EDH in general. it's only the "haha i'm a jace haha" roleplayers that waste their mana on one person that cause problems. i guess at that point you just have to accept the fact that the blue player wants to just grief you

>>50000071
he had a card advantage and i wasn't drawing draw, so i just got fucked

>>50000094
the thing is that these people don't care if they lose, they just want to annoy 1 person and write XD in chat
>>
>>49999041
The guy wearing a helmet is also holding a helmet. Why?
>>
>>50000105
But that's just Bant. We've had white elves alongside black knights for ages now.
>>
>>49999203
I just don't get how people can be this disappointed and upset over new magic cards.
>>
>>50000161
It's his partner's helmet I guess.
>>
File: image.jpg (112KB, 498x363px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
112KB, 498x363px
>Saskia and Atraxa get all the fucking lands
>Breya gets ONE FUCKING RARE LAND THAT TAPS FOR COLORED MANA
>Atraxa gets both the UB reprint lands
>Saskia gets everything because fuck you

That's fucking Horseshit. I can live without Breya getting Disciple of the Vault or Phyrexian Metamorph because Sharuum is in the deck while getting Master of Etherium, but no lands in the deck without green is terrible balance.
>>
Thoroughly disappointed in the Saskia list. I wish she would've gotten some more good reprints. There's a disproportionate amount of legends in each deck too.

>>50000161
He's holding his bro's helmet.
>>
>>50000161
Its not his helmet.
>>
>>50000156
>he's drawing cards and I wasn't
Then you're losing regardless of which deck you're fighting. All decks should be drawing cards and all decks should have answers. Kneecap their draw engine. Bait counters. Mono-blue is good but it's not broken.
>>
>>50000019
other planes of existence would have reasons for their ratios of shitskins and the mentally impaired to normal people. "Broadening demographics" for the real world isn't a valid excuse for the ratios we see in fantasy worlds.

I agree with you. WotC doesn't. Otherwise, they'd give an in-lore reason for why the ratios are what they are.

You're defending an idea that the corporation you think you're defending doesn't hold. Stop being a shill.
>>
>>50000115
Point them out..come on, im waiting.

Damn near every reprint is under a $1 minus some whatever lands, Lantern, Solemn, and Kalonian Hydra.
>>
>>50000149

I mean why isn't the Elf brown while the human is?
>>
>>50000161
Took his husbando's helmet off to touch his hair. Same way I take my girlfriend's shirt off so I can touch her boobies.
>>
>>49999741
>It's like making a set with east Asian mythology and there are random blonde people wearing kimonos and wielding samurai swords.

So more or less what was done with the recent 47 ronin?
>>
>>50000105
>Actually pretty funny.jpg
But it's not really that bad. RL itself isn't that consistent with skin tones, so pale elves and dark humans isn't that unbelievable

Besides, I've seen darker men and she looks like an arab elf to me.
>>
>>49999930
That elf is going to get so blacked and cuck some poor elf boyfriend.

Whore elves are all the same.
>>
So which new commander deck should i buy? I was thinking Breya but i don't really know.
>>
>>50000209
>Otherwise, they'd give an in-lore reason for why the ratios are what they are.

Like what? 'People living there just look like that?'

I mean, we have a pale redhead from a mostly indian plane.
>>
>>50000194
this is what my draw suite looks like:

1x Bloodgift Demon

1x Culling Dais
1x Disciple of Bolas
1x Graveborn Muse
1x Greed
1x Necropotence
1x Phyrexian Arena
1x Read the Bones
1x Skullclamp
1x Smothering Abomination
1x Solemn Simulacrum
1x Syphon Mind
1x Vampiric Rites

do i really need more
>>
Can't wait to get my oversized gay kings
>>
>>50000217

Don't remind me. The costume and set design showed that movie could have been great. But no, we need a white guy and other bullshit in there. Fuck that movie.
>>
>>50000213
Reveillark
Past in Flames
Lurking Predators
Ghave
Cauldron of Souls
Godo
Etc

What's the correlation between whining and ignorance? Is it the young age?
>>
>>50000228
Getting blacked doesn't matter to the elves.
She's getting "humaned" that matters. Black is just a different shade of human to them.

Same thing happens in interracial JAVs. Girl's getting "westerned" whether it's a white guy or a black guy
They just prefer using blacks because that way they can tell after everything's pixeled
>>
>>49999741
IMO there's a difference between an based european plane and a inspired european plane, one will try to be one to one copy and in the other you can go nuts and add whatever you want.

But I agree with you, the pandering to minorities is stupid at this point.
>>
>>50000232
I'm probably going to get Yidris and Saskia. Breya has a lot of cool cards, especially reprints, but she has the worst manabase. Atraxa has some cool reprints too and has a lot of pump. Tiros and Kynaios, despite them being pretty weak, actually have a solid suite of cards in the deck.
>>
>>50000253
More would be good yes, but all I was saying is if you weren't drawing cards that game and they were, then you were losing regardless of your opponent.
>>
File: EN_Koth_Header.jpg (434KB, 1920x1120px) Image search: [Google]
EN_Koth_Header.jpg
434KB, 1920x1120px
>>50000286
I wouldn't say making a random black dude or a random gay is pandering. Was Koth pandering to the giga nigga demographic?

Sometimes you want to put something in just because. And if it attracts people, then why not?
>>
Anyone got a list for Alesha hatebears? I'm having a hard time figuring out some of the numbers.
>>
>>50000156
They don't but they should. REB and Pyroblast have saved my ass more times than I can count. The counter/bounce style of play of someone like Talrand can get annoying, I understand
>>
>>49998979 #
I've run Evolving Wilds before and it frequently pisses me off for being a tap basic.

If you need fixing NOW, but have plenty of mana, you cycle it and have the two blue you needed. If you needed any land right now to hit your 6 cmc mana wrath, this taps for colorless.

I'm kind of hype for the stupid gold sorceries with basic land cycling. I might build gold.dec again.
>>
>>49999142
Azusa, Omnath of Rage, and 98 lands
>>
>>50000286
It's not stupid from a capitalist perspective, given that it's only a tiny number of people who get so triggered by blacks people in armour that they literally leave the game. Even a lot of the white nerds who don't like the blacks and gays aren't triggered enough to leave. Just sulk on 4chan.
>>
File: image.jpg (21KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21KB, 240x240px
>Brother wants me to get into Magic
>Gives me a Kaladesh Booster and a Moon Booster

>Kaladesh has a Mythic Rare

Well OK then.

Any tips if I decide to build my first deck with a Noxious Gearhulk?
>>
>>49999142
Mizzix and Melek

The ultimate storm deck
>>
Should have replaced Sol Ring with Gilded Lotus for this year's decks, but I guess that's expecting too much considering Lantern is only in one of the decks and it's not even the nongreen one
>>
>>50000362
Wouldn't that deck be total garbage? It gets totally shut down by some cards (nevermore, moat, etc...) and is also heavily set back by any kind of counterspell or removal.
And even when it "goes off" just gets you a single 5/5 that bolts when it dies.
>>
>>50000414
Mythics are 1/8 so not crazy rare. Congrats anyway though.

You want a standard or casual thread. Commander/EDH decks are trickier to build and generally play far older cards.
>>
>>50000414
Depends on many factors, but mostly, what kind of deck do you want?
>>
>>49999041
It's just hillarious to see all the casuals crying when you play goodstuff.dec or TPS.dec. nobody actually made you choose to play with bad cards, so why do you cry when someone plays good cards? Are you so butthurt That you have to police someone elses fun? Grow up, if your thematic spider decks cannot beat my deck, is your fault, accept it and stop complaining on how unfair competitive players are
>>
>>50000414
If you are a beginner then you should try goign to your LGS and ask for welcome packs, these are mini-decks that are free for new players.
>>
>>50000513
>I'm too bad at magic to play competitive format, so I play competitive in EDH so I can fill the void in my soul.
>>
>>50000513
You seem like a fun person to play with. :)
>>
File: 1451772247417.jpg (72KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1451772247417.jpg
72KB, 500x500px
>>50000513
No. It depends on many factors, such as the average cost discrepancy, whether or not you actually own the cards, and what the meta looks like. In general, your attitude/disposition indicates you're the problem, not the solution, and this is coming from someone with very strong decks.
>>
File: 1463213944539.gif (3MB, 640x266px) Image search: [Google]
1463213944539.gif
3MB, 640x266px
>>50000513
>I play EDH competitively
>>
>>50000577
>>50000544
>>50000537
>I have no opinion but I must reply to weak bait
>>
>>50000585
>I have no opinion but I must reply to weak baits
>>
File: 1384447615613.jpg (60KB, 420x443px) Image search: [Google]
1384447615613.jpg
60KB, 420x443px
>>50000596
>>
File: image.jpg (65KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
65KB, 312x445px
Ideas for 5color gold.dec? I already have the "each color" and "multicolored matters" cards decided. I need less obvious queries to search. In hoping to do mostly basics and search for Destructive Flow and so I don't scoop to Ruination.
>>
>>50000621
Post list so far?
>>
Maro strikes again, boys:
http://markrosewater.tumblr.com/post/152392696648/whilst-not-all-legends-should-be-a-top-down#notes
>>
>>50000621
>hoping to do mostly basics
You're pretty much building a Monogreen ramp deck with 5c flavor. I recommend Dragon Arch for this sort of brew.
>>
>>50000639
Uh, sure. Let me whip something up. I am at work during my lunch break and all my old lists were too heavy on theme.

I'll post in abou 5-10 minutes.
>>
>>50000513
People aren't "crying" that fedoras like you look like retards for trying to force a casual format into a competitive one.
>>
I'm OK with the partners being low-power, but I don't like how boring they are. None of the combinations are jumping out as being build-around.
>>
>>50000277
Yidris also got a neat Burger-ning
>>
>>50000650
At least he admits they fucked up.

>>50000669
Sure I'm at work too so I'll skim and try to post something now but maybe tonight I'll give more suggestions.
>>
Are there any cards that depict violence yet?
I thought this game was about Mages battling each other or did they change that?
>>
>>50000513
Just a note: smugposting doesn't hide one's butthurt nearly as much as you think. If the normies tease you for making guileless EDHREC decks then talk childishly about being a "competitive" player in a casual format, then take the teasing like a man, don't post butthurt tirades on a Bhutanese glassblowing forum.
>>
>>50000673
This is a dumb opinion.

It's fun to build good things, so why is building good things bad? Just because some causual wants to run 40 things above 5cmc with no card draw or ramp doesn't mean I'm trying to force a competitive format by being able to actually play my things.
>>
What is good Red removal in Commander?
>>
>>50000733
Lightning bolt.
>>
File: frenziedfugue.jpg (52KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
frenziedfugue.jpg
52KB, 265x370px
>>50000715
Yay, violence!
>>
>>50000733
Chaos Warp.
>>
>>50000683
I'm not even super convinced the partners will all be weak. I think we'll be finding out in the next few months how powerful having two commanders is. They were right to be careful.
>>
>>50000727
Yea, but what you're describing is not goodstuff. it's just having a fine curve.

Are you such a retard that you don't understand the difference?
>>
>>50000733
Your best option to hit anything with is Chaos warp.
>>
>>50000739

This is a troll post referring to last thread, by the way.
>>
>>50000733
Warp World.
>>
>>50000719
Oh, the irony of a smugpost decreeing smugposting, filled with purple rhetoric and generalizations.
>>
>>50000727
You're talking about having a good deck, not a goodstuff deck. Try again.
>>
>>50000771
Oh, so you're mad about goodstuff decks because you don't know what you're talking about. You realize that thematic decks that synergize with their commander are generally much stronger, right?

>>50000779
>he thinks lightning bolt isn't good red removal
>>
File: 3a2.jpg (34KB, 378x264px) Image search: [Google]
3a2.jpg
34KB, 378x264px
>>50000782
Sometimes smugposting really is just smug.
>>
I don't see the appeal of buying ANY of these precon decks.

You could easily just buy all the good reprints and whatnot for cheaper than any precon.

People are already trying to price gouge the Atraxa deck for ~$40.
>>
>>50000448
It's a gimmick, primal surge and hammer of porphoros with 97 lands is better, but still bad.
>>
>>50000788
So, a casual deck is a deck that's not competitive, or goodstuff, but it can still be good? I think you're just making shit up at this point, hobknobber. A competitive deck can be a flavorful

>>50000803
But that's not a pipe. It's a picture of a pipe.
>>
>>50000414
Play standard for a year and then try playing Commander when you have a decent assortment of cards
>>
>>50000821
>Play standard for a year
I wouldn't wish that even on one of my enemies.
>>
>>50000792
No, you're the one who doesn't what he's talking about. The guy is bragging about how his goodstuff-decks-only smash scrubs. a thematic deck that synergize with your commander is NOT a goodstuff deck. A goodstuff deck is a deck that just plays the best and most efficient cards of the eligible colors.

So, you're kind of a moron.
>>
what is a good source of +1/+1 counters?

i have plenty of ways to increase the amount of +1/+1 on Atraxa but only couple to actually give her any +1/+1 counters to begin with
>>
>>50000733

Aftershock
Cinder Cloud
Fissure

Straight up creature removal, not damage.
>>
what does white add to the Atraxa deck, besides well, Atraxa?
>>
>>50000209
>>>/pol/
>>
>>50000792
>he thinks lightning bolt is good red removal in commander
>>
>>50000683
I like the two blue/green ones together. Draw cards, make lots of mana, convert mana into more cards and mana.
>>
File: image.jpg (90KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
90KB, 312x445px
>>50000639
>>50000669
Here. http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/golddec/

Also likely gonna run a fair number of the gold cards in this commander set and a few Nephalim.
>>
>>50000859
Ghave, God of Counters is in the deck. Do what you will.
>>
>>50000733
>>50000733
I like Volcanic Offering.
>>
>>50000855
Yes but that is only applicable in very narrow situations. Generally goodstuff decks are mid-high tier, ignorance-san. Decks that build goodstuff around their commander are much more powerful, but this also requires admitting that there are different more competitive iterations of certain decks, which is inherently un-casual, and thus against your original premise.

Is Meren a goodstuff deck? Everything generally fits the strategy facilitated by the commander, the only difference is that it naturally synergizes with reanimator and yard tutors, which is inherently productive to a golgari deck. Is that guy who plays the same generic reanimator list with Meren really playing something that's goodstuff? I think not. It may incidentally be goodstuff, but by virtue of synergy, it's much more powerful, which is my entire point.

You can build janky casual theme decks, and you can build strong theme decks that are more competitive due to better construction. The point is, a goodstuff deck is firmly entrenched in mid-tier, so you should pity the uncreative for being stuck making sub-optimal "competitive" builds that will only beat poorly constructed decks.
>>
File: shitbird.jpg (47KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
shitbird.jpg
47KB, 265x370px
Who would you guys say is the worst commander power-level wise in this set? For me it's Ishai. I can see what they were going for, trying to make a WU Voltron commander, but what the fuck? 4 mana for a 1/1 flyer with no utility what so ever and no built in protection? Even if he gets bigger through spells being cast it's gonna get wiped off the board easily. I mean, you could partner Ishai up with Bruse, but people can see that coming a mile away.
>>
>>50000895
It is. One mana for 3 damage is on a pretty aggressive curve, and it's one of the staples of basically every single format. Assuming you have more mana, there are better options, but that doesn't mean bolt is bad in commander.
>>
>>50000940
You fail to see, a goodstuff deck must have enough disruption so your deck is more affected by not being able to have access to it's synergy. In that case your advantage is over and every single thrath the goodstuff deck will play is capable of trade better than yours.
>>
Which products are you guys picking up? Or Preordering?

I'm getting waifu cyborg and waterfall ogre man.
>>
>>50000170
Because they're boring and crummy.
>>
>Yidris doesn't get Maelstrom Wanderer or Animar
>Yidris doesn't get any big beefy Jund reprints like Prossh or Karrthus
>Yidris gets the only Nephilim, and it's not even one of the good ones

I know that he's the spells-matters deck, but it doesn't feel right that he only gets one non-new legend while Breya gets six and ducking daretti
>>
>>50000974
It is normally a great card. Just not that great in commander.

For the most part, it doesn't do enough to earn a slot.
>>
>>49999741
This.
Although I don't mind these gays, I think WotC does a lot of box-checking and making sure *everyone* is represented.
It would be cool if we actually got some neat characters out of it, but somehow being lgbtqa+++ means you lose all complexity.
And this is where I pull in NWO and mention the parallel between new cards and new characters being dumbed down for new players.
>>
>>50000989
What am I reading? Is this even english? I put it in google translate just to make sure, and whatever point your trying to make is so obscured by your illiteracy that even google's most advanced algorithms could only muster a strained "wut?".
>>
>>50000859
Oldfag here. Prepare yourself for some spicy old world tech.
>>
>>50000974
This has been said a million times. You do not include cards "just in case" things aren't going your way, ie. you don't have enough mana. Every card slot is used for cards that make sure your deck is functioning the way it's supposed to. Then you won't BE in a scenario where you're mana screwed and happy to settle for a one-mana card.
>>
File: Image (82).jpg (28KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image (82).jpg
28KB, 223x310px
>>50001047
Shoo, away with you!
>>
They shot themselves in the foot with Partner by constraining themselves with their usual design philosophies (UG is god, RW eats farts dumb lol).
Partner should have been "build-a-commander" with each Partner card being half a great commander and mixing will eith EVERY other even if that meant making them relatively simple and unexiting by themselves.

Now instead of getting unexiting cards that are still cherished for their good gameplay, we get unexiting card that are unplayable like birdtits, bondage kor and Ludevic.
>>
>>50001047
and in it goes. that art is pretty cool and i love old stuff
>>
>>50000815
Athreos + Shadowborn, Maralen + Ad Nauseum, are gimmicks because they can actually win. This seems like it would lose even if it got to play its gameplan uninterrupted.

Toss in perilous forays or lost in the woods or oracle of mul daya or nissa vital force or something. You could make a reasonable gimmick deck with ~90 lands and do alright, but the deck as presented is just silly, and this is from someone who loves dumb gimmick decks.
>>
>>50001010
Breya didn't get any mana fixing.

No lands besides exotic orchard which every deck got and is an artifact deck without any signets.
>>
>>50000972
Obviously meant to be partnered with the Last Abzan chick to have a Taurean Mauler in the commander slot. Ishai is boring and mediocre but he does what he's supposed to do.
>>
>>50001078
That's another nice thing about Symbol: removing it just forces you to invest in it more blindly before it goes to the graveyard, it doesn't stop you from getting use out of it.
>>
>>50000972
Well, you're in UW, the perfect colors for Boardwipe protection. Bruse Tarl with him and some protection is a deck that should not be left alone at the table.
You could also pair it up with Reyhan is you are so worried about removal.
It's probably one of the most criminal flavor fails of all magic, tho
>>
>>50000888
As in, as a precon deck? Nothing really. White offers wraths and protection effects to save your big dudes from removal though. If you run enchantments (doubling season, inexorable tide, paralax wave, oblivion ring etc...) white also offers a bunch of tutors for those.
>>
Is breya good enough for eggs edh?
>>
>>50000972
I'd rather play Daxos for UW voltron.
>>
>>50001147
No. Eggs edh isn't viable because there are not enough eggs.
>>
>>50000972
Kinda wished Ishai could get counters from you casting spells too, idk thats just me I personally don't like commanders that only do something when your opponents do something. I'd rather make the plays myself rather then other people doing it for me. Shame the card is the way it is, I really really like Ishai's design.
>>
>>50000821
>standard cards
>being good for commander

ahaha go away
>>
>>50000972
It doesn't seem as god-awful as Ludevic, though only playtesting will tell. I know I'd never EVER use it as a commander for any reason though.
>>
>>50000888
Boardwipes and Stuff from the Abzan, the +1/1 tribe.
>>
>>50000972
I really hated Ishai at first, but I think the effect lends itself really well to a UW control finisher. I kinda want to make Ishai/Kraum WUR control since we don't have a good commander for that.
I'd say Ludevic is the worse. Namely for the disappointment factor.
>>
Anyone wanna help out with this here Ghave deck I threw together last night? Most of this is the remains of a Skullbriar deck. I didn't go all-out on the mana base or megacombo with it but there's a couple infinites in here

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/the-mayor-of-combo-city/
>>
>>49999142
>Azuza and Emrakul 2
>Asami and Talrand
>Ghave and Purphoros
>Queen Marchesa and Traximundar
>Dat Boi and Titania
>Doran and Rune-Tail
>Teysa 1 and Meren
>Oloro and Karlov
>Merieke and Brion
>Gisa and Grimgrin

I'm wet now.
>>
>>50001115
They were referencing the art parallel. Speaking of, is the monster thing depicted dead? Why doesn't it move between shots? "The light of the Ancestor will scour the taint of [meeting places for the Raven Guild and Cabal]" isn't very impressive.

>>50000888
White has efficient board clears, spot removal, and Ayli, Eternal Pilgrim. Your commander is a beatstick with lifelink, may as well turn your creatures into Utter Ends. Try to get your playgroup to believe that Quarantine Field can quarantine more permanents when you proliferate it. You're lying, but it's worth a shot!
>>
>tfw wanted to get a precon but own almost everything in it already

I guess these products aren't meant for people who've been playing the format for 5years +
>>
>>49999142
>Meren and Mazirek
>Uril and Iroas
>Mimeoplasm and Lazaav
>Kruphix and Newlamog
>>
>>50001125
Honestly this kinda what bothers me most about Partner. It's probably a super autistic reason but to me it just feels disgusting and wrong flavor-wise. Like, why would Ludevic's special zombie be together with some random oracle bitch?
>>
>>50001225
They aren't really meant for anyone. Noobs will get frustrated and give up, experienced players have most of the cards, the reprints are tweener cards like Kalonian hydra that post-modern timmies love to run. It seems like they're trying as hard as they can to kill commander in order to power-down standard.
>>
>>50001147
You give her infect and instagib people because she rapes combat with -4/-4's while being able to kill in 3 bolts. Pick up a Training grounds to make her ability a lot easier to use.

Red lets you bring back your artifacts easily and esper gives you numerous alternate win cons. Don't want infinite combos? Go pick up a magister sphinx and abuse it with Daretti, Feldon, and Goblin Welder.
>>
>>49999203
What's worse is it could have been so fucking easy.
>print 2 Partners in each color pair
>One of each is a 2-3cmc "ability lord" that has and grants the colors' most prominent keyworkd ability to your creatures
>One of each if a bombier creature with strong static/triggered abilities from other permanents in it's colors like UB being Necrogen Mists+Coastal Piracy or something.

These "commanders" don't feel like commanders the way Kaalia, Oloro, the walkers, Meren, Ezuri, etc. They feel like PCs trying to outshine each other and forgetting to sinergize not only with their parner, but with the deck itself.
>>
File: 1398974620127.png (354KB, 814x702px) Image search: [Google]
1398974620127.png
354KB, 814x702px
>mfw the table lets Gisela resolve when I have Pyrohemia on the board
>>
>>49999305
Tiny Leaders is dead until UGb stops being the objective best color with Geist being the only other option if you want to win.
>>
>>49999142
Kiki-jiki and zealous conscript.
>>
>>50001170
>standard cards are too low powered to affect Eternal Formats hahahaha I suck enormenous dicks

https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/497937#online
>>
>>50001267
>Pyrohemia
Nice.
>>
>>49999305
It's dead as dead can be. Seriously, look at the official site for it. It's honestly really depressing to look at.

Also the whole "format is solved", "it's not commander it's singleton legacy w/ a commander" etc.
>>
>>50000895
For some reason people get really salty when you point it that cards that are really good in other formats aren't that great in edh.

Just the other day I had a guy get upset with me because I told him Ponder usually doesn't do enough to justify a spot in a deck.
>>
>>50001244
Really? Not wielding an older version of yourself as a blunt weapon?

That's a stupid concern.
>>
File: anasanc.jpg (27KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
anasanc.jpg
27KB, 223x310px
I'm hoping this new focus on colour leads to people using the old sanctuary cycle again.

Also, surprised Knight of New Alara wasn't in ANY of the decks.
>>
So, what do you guys rate this yearly commander set from 1 to 1 on:

Reprints?
Power Level/Playability of Commanders?
Mechanics?
Compared to Commander 2015?
>>
If I can get one of the new precons for 20-25 € should I get one? If I can get them for 15€ should I get two or are they just garbage?
>>
File: Hi.jpg (5KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
Hi.jpg
5KB, 259x194px
>mountain, go
>two other players do land, go
>guy to my right goes island, Mana Crypt, Sol Ring, go
>mountain, Shattering Spree replicated, targeting sol ring and mana crypt
>guy grabs his cards, calls me an asshole and leaves
>mfw
>>
>>50001374
>From 1 to 1
I think I'll give it all a 1. Kinda hard decision though.
>>
>>50001373
I don't know, they seem kinda meh. The Blue and Green ones are the best ones but I'm sure there's way better options then running those cards.
>>
File: dawndance.png (285KB, 446x310px) Image search: [Google]
dawndance.png
285KB, 446x310px
more cards like these in monoblack? i only need to revive my stuff for ETBs and LTBs
>>
>>50001374
From 1 to 10*
>>
>>50001373
I doubt anyone will use that cycle becuase it's
A) Old
and
B) Utter garbage
>>
>>50000105
This, not even New York is as "diverse" as these made up places clearly based on the UK landmass that still somehow happen to have people with features fit for completely different enviroments despite the best way to travel being on horseback.

It's bullshit.
>>
>>50001401
He deserved every single drop of it.
>>
>>50001378
Depends, do you have most of the cards the decks already have? If so then just buy the singles you want from it. Some of the cards/bulk can make okay trade fodder.
>>
>>50001373
If the green one gave out +1/+1 counters (ofc it would be rebalanced to something like 3 +1/+1 counters) then I would have considered it, but no it's bad.
>>
>>50001413
>>50001420
I know, I know. Ana is the best of them and a Beastmaster Ascension is better than it, I'm just nostalgic for colour matters cards with this commander round.
>>
>>50001401
>not holding back his ring and crypt for when he needs it
The guy's fault really. Also nice job assblasting the fag.
>>
>>50001295
>BUG finalls has a commander since conspiracy 2
>it's leovold of all fucking things
>if partners are legal you can run Thrasios and Reyhan

Good thing I don't play tiny shits, but Leovold is still a pain in the ass.
>>
>>50001311
>modern
>not commander

I fail to see your point. I didn't specify eternal formats, i specified commander.

Commander has almost no use for standard cards, outside of 1 or two outliers, like some eldrazi or a few control cards in Kaladesh.
>>
>>50001509
>$20 for a mythic in an unlimited print run thats only used in 1, maybe 2 formats

is it really that good?
>>
>>50001374
>Reprints?
Lots of solid, $5+ reprints. Reveillark, Ghave, Kalonian Hydra, Forbidden Orchard, new art Hanna, etc.

>Power Level/Playability of Commanders?
The power level of some of the legendaries in the older products was a mistake -- such obviously powerful commanders only homogenize the format. I think the new legendaries strike a balance between playable and not format-warping, with the exception of some dudes (cough Ludevic), but all products have had duds too (cough Anya) so that's fine too.

>Mechanics?
I like partner, I think it's an elegant mechanic. I just hope to see more combinations in the future to really make it work. Undaunted isn't nearly as cool as myriad.

>Compared to Commander 2015?
About the same. Lots of neat cards in both (Squire, Skate, Magus, the landcyclers are surprisingly good, etc) and lots of good reprints in both. I'm slightly more excited here due to new art Hanna, the Nielsen basics, Saskia and Atraxa. 2015 really wasn't very exciting.
>>
>>50001580
Ludevic is garbage though, both of them.
>>
>>50000743
I'm in love with this card. I run a Word of Seizing in my mono red to deal with emergency situations and planeswalkers, this almost feels like a strict upgrade because you can borrow mana rocks if you need the ramp
>>
>>50001601
I meant he doesn't strike a balance because he's unplayable, obviously.
>>
>>50001374
>Reprints?
I really appreciate Hanna's Judge art, the Filters and Ghave, Daretti, etc. But their fucking neurosis of not letting us have full cycles or anything has already breached my total tolerance for bullshit.
Boundtits, Cascadogre and Compleat Angel are great, all four UG and BG partners are good. The rest is utter shit that does something already done by another Legend but worse.
>Mechanics?
Mediocre waste of potential. Partner could have been fantastic, instead it's more BUG pandering with the GR elf and Kondo being the only others worth running/brewing around.
All 5 C15 decks pandered to someone, these decks seem to only be well received by people who want to cannibalize them out of the box or johnnies desperate for more deckbuilding space.
>>
>>50001195
>>50001195
pls help
>>
>>50001546
It's not modern you faggot it's fucking Vintage.
>>
>>50001621
>Boundtits

which one is that one?

>>50001624
https://edhrec.com/commanders/ghave-guru-of-spores
>>
>>49999142
Brion Stoutarm and Xenagod, of course
>>
>>50001374
>Reprints?
9 wanted a new border Ghave
4 the posterchilds of each deck are okay I guess but not close to derevi / meren / etc levels
>Mechanics?
0 partner sucks, undaunted is 'ok' in like 8 player pods but then you're stuck in a game where you don't get to play or do anything for 95% of the time,
3 I love Meren and she isnt in this one
>>
>>50001624
Look, anon, you're building a degenerate deck in spoiler season and bumping yourself after 40 minutes. No one is going to want to help you.
>>
File: 1459186334459.gif (3MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
1459186334459.gif
3MB, 400x225px
>everyone calling new Ludevic garbage
>He's $15preorder
>>
>>50001147
Breya is good for combo. Ashnod's altar+ Nim Deathmantle and you win the game.
>>
>>50001671
Because he's a popular character in a product that isn't released yet?
>>
>>50001624
No doubling season come back later
>>
>>50001463
Probably had a 6 drop that he wanted to slam down on turn 2.
>>
>>50001689
>No doubling season
fiddy bux mane
>>
>>50001671
He's great for french and tiny leader
>>
>>49999142
Animar and Yidris
>>
>>49999203
Agreed, it seems a bit like they should have just decided to take partner and run with it (give a bunch of different 2 color commanders with partner, so you can have some diversity in what kind of decks you can make) rather than try to sell it as a "4 color deck" honestly.
>>
>>50001703
play anafenza instead then, theres no point playing ghave.
>>
>>49999142
Gaddock Teeg and Edric

It wouldn't even be fair
>>
>>50001726
But that's boring

I guess I could get one
>>
File: 1477135708907.jpg (55KB, 600x550px) Image search: [Google]
1477135708907.jpg
55KB, 600x550px
>>50001640
>still not commander
>>
>>50001262
Does infect apply to all the damage, or only combat damage?
>>
>>50001672
How does Nim Deathmantle combo with Breya as opposed to every other Deathmantle infinite?
>>
Anything stands out for legacy/vintage?
>>
Any 2 partners actually work well together?
>>
>>50001644
Saskia's tit bandage is so obvious it could constitute softcore porn.
>>
Do we have the full decklists?
>>
File: le banned commander.jpg (449KB, 1000x1382px) Image search: [Google]
le banned commander.jpg
449KB, 1000x1382px
>jet medallion and ashnods out
>corpse dance a kokusho/gary 10 times in a row
>can't even be disrupted without instant speed artifact removal

jesus christ kokusho can be broken

it's weird that not that many monoblack decks seem to run him as a commander despite him being a really strong for any deck that reanimates or recurs. it really makes things easier when your commander is your wincon, and a difficult to disrupt one at that. i guess people aren't properly used to him being unbanned yet? or do people just find him boring
>>
>>50001816
Not really. if I had to make a guess which card they sorta tried to push for eternal formats it would be Magus of the Will, but he's probably not going to see any play.
>>
>>50001800
breya comes in - 3 artifacts
sac them breya and a thopter to altar - 4 colorless, 1 thopter
use 4 of it to return breya with deathmantle and get 2 more thopters
repeat until you have an arbitrary number of thopters, then sac 3 of them at a time (1 to altar, 2 to breya) to bolt face forever
>>
So Breya and the manly gays have the best deck lists right? Which one should i pick up?
>>
>>50001798
Infect deals any kind of damage to players in the form of poison counters(planeswalkers still take regular damage). Commander damage is combat damage only.

You can hit someone super early since they'll take the 4 without second thought. You could then pop tainted strike, sac 2 artifacts and the thopters for the instagib.

Of course, you can run Phyresis, Glistening Oil, Grafted Exoskeleton, or Courrupted Conscience and "burn" your opponent out. You should have plenty of artifacts on the field to do so, but you want a Training Grounds or a Heartstone out to make Breya's ability cost 1 mana.
>>
>>49999142
Fumiko + whoever else would give me more taunt/pillowfort. But I don't want to torture myself with thoughts of what will never be (short of new Commander 20XX products).
>>
Any Cube-bros in here?
While I do love the occasional edh games, I prefer cubing. So far the Magus looks like a winner, not sure what else.
>>
>>50001905
Whichever one you like more.
>>
File: Image (83).jpg (29KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image (83).jpg
29KB, 223x310px
>>50001877
hi
>>
>>50001934
But I like them both anon and group-hug and artifacts are both archetypes that are missing from my little playgroup.
>>
>>49999423
>Exactly. My complaints about Partner are that it was a lazy excuse to get out of having to ACTUALLY design 4 color commanders, and that the Partners they made feel kinda underwhelming
They did design 4 color commanders. 5 of them. They could have made 2-3 of each 4-color combo, but that would just be a total of 15 commanders, some of which would undoubtedly be worse than others. Having partner gives massive amounts of modularity, and many more options. This is important because they're not going to be printing any more 4 color legends for a long long time.
>the Partners they made feel kinda underwhelming (like they erred on 'safe and boring' to avoid going OP)
Yes, they're underwhelming, and it's partially to do with keeping their power-level down. This is a good thing. I wouldn't want to have to consider them every single time I'm brewing a 2-4 color deck. It's also to do with keeping complexity down. Many players have enough trouble keeping track of one commander's ability list, but having to keep up with two is asking a lot. Call it "dumbing down" if you want, most people just don't have the time to commit every card in the game to memory.
>>
>>50001726
Anafenza strikes me as kind of boring. Just run a Leyline instead.

Plus shitting out tokens is a fun time.
>>
>>50001963
mix them up, go grouphug-infect
>>
>>50001877
Monoblack is loaded with tutors, so it makes more sense to have your commander be something you'll need more than once, like removal or draw power. Also, black is accumulating more interesting commanders and sloooooowly diversifying what a monoblack deck looks like.

Unrelated: does anyone think Sheldon well ever be stupid enough to unban Recurring Nightmare? I desperately want to run this broken enchantment.
>>
>>49999948
>shillary cliton
>>
>>50001946
does anyone actually play that card

anyway you could still put the kokusho in the command zone and cast him for slightly more mana. i didn't think kokusho was that good a commander until i realized he is impossible to get rid of. gary can be exiled forever, and that can really fuck up your plans, but kokusho as a commander will always come back some way or another
>>
>>50001027
I think he means that if a good stuff deck has disruption it can prevent synergies from being assembled and the powerlevel of its individual cards will then be better
>>
>>50001788
>good enough for Vintage, Magic's absolute power incarnate
>not good enough for Timmy's casual format

You're a neat shitposter, but you need to try harder
>>
>>50000006
thebes had the sacred band which was just 150 gay couples that fought together.
>>
>>50001835
Tit bandage under a ton of armor

Frankly if they were going to give her that much armor I would have rather preferred some sideboob over a bandagebra
>>
>>50001989
Is there a creature that deals damage to all oppoments each turn? None come to mind but if there is
>Protect creature with greaves or boots
>Be a tough love group hug deck. Everything gives a benefit at a cost of life or sacs or something
>Slap the infect equipment on him
>Watch as my opponents slowly die from behind my pillowfort
>>
>>49999741
Speaking personally, I'm totally fine with it as long as their is a probable in-multiverse explanation.
>>
>>50002027
I agree with him. The cost to value ratio of the decks is fine, and more Prosshes was absolutely something to be avoided.
>>
>>50001989
psychosis crawler?
>>
>>50001671
Wow, Ive never seen a numale drop so quickly
>>
>>50002031
I have a fixation on the black split-second cards, run all 3
>>
File: Image (84).png (146KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Image (84).png
146KB, 223x311px
>>50002054
get creative
>>50002082
sadly that's life loss. If you wanna infect with draw go Nekusaur
>>
>>50001671
Remember when new chandra was 60$
Remeber when Narset was 50$
Remeber that everybody eats the shit hype of WotC because they are retards
>>
>>50002094
That was a sucker punch and well placed, it would have been lights out for you too.
>>
>>50002131
>sucker punch
>looked him dead in his eyes
>in a rally where everyone is hostile
>>
>>50002015
>Monoblack is loaded with tutors, so it makes more sense to have your commander be something you'll need more than once, like removal or draw power

you mean like cast more than once? i don't usually cast my commanders more than once or twice max unless i'm already fucked.

i don't really build that much around my commander, i just tend to pick my commander based on "what card type would i always tutor for in this deck?" kokusho makes a lot of sense in the command zone in my deck because i need 1) a way to gain life 2) something to recur 3) something to sacrifice for various other cards 4) a wincondition

if my commander gets to the point where i've already cast him once or twice and he's in the command zone, i don't usually bother wasting the mana on him, i just use other stuff to win.
>>
>>50002027
>shilling for WotC
>by saying they were morons for printing insane commanders that we're now sick to death of seeing, damning with faint praise by saying they avoided it this time
/edh/ is so fucking retarded.
>>
>>50002157
You have absolutely no idea what a sucker punch is.
>>
>>50002054
Mogis. Though I guess he needs to be a creature at all times for it to work...

Otherwise just "tap: ping 1 damage to each opponent" creatures.
>>
>>50002045
She has more "leather armor" than the fucking Vikings behind her .
Why bother making her ""realistic"" when she can die to Squirel dual wielding a pitchfork and Nicol Bolas Planeswalker transformed into an artifact?
>>
>>50002094
Read the sign, as well as the news banner below. That wasn't a nu-male. It was either a wanna-be Nazi or a wanna-be communist.
>>
>>50002190
don't you have an anime girl to post somewhere, just fuck off already
>>
>>50002037
>card is good when you can have multiple
>suddenly is useful in a singleton deck

You're an idiot.
>>
>>50001417
Hell's Caretaker is your friend
>>
>>50002410
yeah i got that one and coffin queen too
>>
File: tumblr_ofmdm1Lmnz1u9beo8o1_1280.jpg (950KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ofmdm1Lmnz1u9beo8o1_1280.jpg
950KB, 1200x900px
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/w-e-l-c-o-m-e-t-o-m-a-c-h-i-n-e/

How many combos can I stick in one deck?

>Storm
>Aetherflux Storm
>Sharuum + Metamorph + (Disciple OR Bitter Ordeal)
>RIP + Helm of Awakening
>Nim Deathmantle + Breya + Ashnod's Altar
>Sword of the Meek / Foundry
>>
Alright fucks, I made a something

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/partnering-it-up-with-hatebears/
>>
>>50002431
Ironworks also works for the Deathmantle combo.
>>
>>50002444
I means Folks. I guess the recent state of those threads have influenced my subconcious
>>
>>50001244
Make up a story and tell it when you start playing.
Seriously, this should be in the Comprehensive Rules: Tell the story why your two commanders partner up for this match.
>>
>>50001726
Or you could just run Primal Vigor instead
>>
File: ok.jpg (82KB, 599x378px) Image search: [Google]
ok.jpg
82KB, 599x378px
>>50001671
How does it feel to live in Jew country?
>>
>>50002431
I'm putting Spy Kit, Magnetic Theft and Eradicate it.

Janky as hell, but fucking funny to pull off.
>>
For Atraxa superfriends, are the miyojins worth it? I mean, white probably is for a wrath (and usable multiple times if you have atraxa on the board at the same time). Green isn't interesting, but are blue and black worth the insane amount of mana?
>>
>>50002609
I've seen the black one put to good use but it was on a monoB deck, on 4c it might be harder to pull off the mana to cast it.
>>
>>49999851
XD
>>
>>50001671
Why everything is so fucking expensive in Murrica?
>>
>>50001671
Literally just hype

Once the decks come out he will drop to $2 at best
>>
>>50002655
Blame Hillarious Buyouts for Cards that are used in one format
>>
>>50002529
Which is what I have in the deck. Doubling Season is real cool though.
>>
>>49999995
Defense grid, Boseiju, Cavern
>>
File: 1357585106870.gif (256KB, 360x310px) Image search: [Google]
1357585106870.gif
256KB, 360x310px
I'm excited for Breya just so I can make a Jeskai artifact commander but the fact that she needs black means I have to include black sources and it just fucks me up senpai
>>
>>50002841
Just use Reaper King then.
>>
>>50002842
>>50002842
New
>>
>>50001703
Wow really I got mine for like $18. That being said I got oldamog when he was like $40, so shit changes.
>>
>>50001453
I had a deck that ran all of them and kept getting frustrated because they themselves aren't multicolored.
>>
>>50000149
That's the exact opposite of what he's saying you dumb fucking retard, he's saying that if the populace of a given region is adapted to the environment through darker skin, it stands to fucking reason that other peoples in the same region is going to be similarly adapted

I.e. make fucking everyone brown, or no one. You can't mix and match, it's incongruous. It's fine having disparate races in e.g. Alara or across clans in Tarkir, because they're not from the same area, but otherwise it's dumb as fuck.
>>
>>50000019
Why do you mongs always regurgitate the same tired, prepackaged, prissy strawman diatribe?

there's barely any variation, at least be creative with your contrived "rebuttals" to arguments that no one made
>>
>>50000249
That's what I fucking hate. I'm in the upper quintile of melanin-enrichment, and I will literally never ever get to have a cohesive, congruent plane with anything resembling evocative themes based on real life similarities, because "muh inclusivity" means that, rather than making actually interesting settings with people of other cultures and ethnicities, giving people a fucking paint job and parading it as progressivism is considered a good thing rather than soulless corporatism.

People like you are the reason we'll never get sets like Mirage or Arabian Nights again.
>>
>>50000318
You do realize the whole point of Mirrodin is that people were brought to the plane from literally everywhere in the goddamn Multiverse, right?
There's a reason no one complained about Koth. His presence made complete sense in Mirrodin.

Theros is not Mirrodin. Don't do stupid inclusivity where it doesn't belong. What about making actual fucking stories where the focus isn't on what's essentially just white people with slightly darker hues? But nah that'd be too difficult
>>
>>50000000
Thread posts: 379
Thread images: 36

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.