[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Horus Heresy General /hhg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 322
Thread images: 35

File: image.png (875KB, 812x542px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
875KB, 812x542px
Overwitching Edition
Wake us up from this nightmare Sub-Edition
Can we skip Inferno indefinitely and focus on the more important legions who haven't gotten their full releases? Old thread >>49935180 You corgis and dust bunnies better be able to take a joke.
>HHG FAQs
http://pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016)
http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf

>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
http://pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp

>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
http://pastebin.com/k9uvqsub
https://sys.4chan.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
https://sys.4chan.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html
https://sys.4chan.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
http://www.strawpoll.me/10558764

>/HHG/'s allegiances
www.strawpoll.me/10663447

>Oct 16 White Dwarf
http://www.mediafire.com/file/zm71nli980zr97h/WhiteDwarf_Oct16.pdf

>Primarch Popularity Poll
http://www.strawpoll.me/11458318
>>
word bearers a shit
>>
>>49944740
Amen, Brother. Good night, /hhg/. May your legionaries bring pride to their legions. Even godless Word Bearers.
>>
instead of reposting my spammed 2500 world eaters list, are there any world eaters players on here that wouldn't mind posting theirs? I wanna see what somebody else's looks like because all I see on B&C are berserker assault ones.
>>
just as a nightcap to keep the thread alive whlie all us normal people sleep or go to work: fagnus did everything wrong
>>
Anyone have an idea of how to convert up a proxy deredeo from forge world stuff? I have one in my list, but I hate the model
>>
>>49944705
>Can we skip Inferno indefinitely and focus on the more important legions who haven't gotten their full releases?
My man. Say, what unit will the DA get besides Deathwing Knights... if they get those, that is. I mean imagine, Termies with plasma cannons.
>>49944740
Hail, my kin.
>>
>>49944845
Just bulk up a contemptor with greenstuff and use the dorito weapons
>>
File: Did nothing wrong.jpg (91KB, 468x810px) Image search: [Google]
Did nothing wrong.jpg
91KB, 468x810px
>>49944813
This evidence seems to disagree
>>
File: Night Lords did nothing wrong.png (24KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Night Lords did nothing wrong.png
24KB, 400x400px
>>49944892
>>49944813
can we please not? At least hold it off until the actual release of inferno
>>
>>49944886
hmm, that's an option, I was thinking about doing some stuff with a Leviathan chassis, less greenstuff work for me
>>
>>49944912
>Implying skub wars arnt the only thing that keep /HHG/ bumped during the night
>>
>>49944978
Leviathans are too big, i think. You could just proxy a double-stormcannon leviathan as an autocannon dorito, i suppose. Maybe shorten the arms and mount them right into the shoulders for the Mortis look.
>>
>>49945032
based on the pictures on FW, they're of comparable height, at least I was thinking I might cut up the missile launchers and mount them on the front of the Leviathan after slicing off the front of the armour plates
>>
>>49944912
What is Inferno?
>>
>>49945170
The status of this thread after the seventh book is released.
>>
In one of those moods where I'm hyped as fuck about all sorts of army concepts I've been dreaming up, here's the basic core of a fluffy Emperor's Children force I would love to do

Emperor's Children
IIIrd Legion Chosen (Master of The Legion: Legion Praetor)

HQ
Legion Praetor - 100
Plasma Pistol - 15
Paragon blade - 25
Jump Pack - 20
Sonic Shriekers - 2

Elites
Palatine Blades x4 Prefector x1 - 135
Prefector: Plasma Pistol - 15
Jump packs - 50

Troops
Kakophoni x4 Chora x1 Orchestrator - 145
Orchestrator: Power Sword - 15
Rhino - 35

Rhino - 35

Rhino - 35

Heavy Support
Legion Heavy Support Squad
Support Marines x4 Support Sergeant x1 135
Sergeant: Augury Scanner - 5
Lascannons x5 - 100
Rhino - 35

Legion Heavy Support Squad
Support Marines x4 Support Sergeant x1 135
Sergeant: Augury Scanner - 5
Lascannons x5 - 100
Rhino - 35

Next things would be maxing out Kakophoni and Heavy Support Squads, I'd love a Lascannon Mortis dread to chill with some of my Sun Killers. Maybe 9-man Kakophoni squads so some Apothecaries can chill with them, maybe an Apothecary with the Praetor and his Palatine retinue.

Would love to incorporate some select bitz from the Sanguinary Guard kit - single wing iconography (is that the Palatine Aquila? The winged claw?), specifically the haloed death masks for the Sun Killer sergeants, for a solar halo type of aesthetic. The weapons in the Sanguinary Guard kit will come in handy, too.
>>
>>49944705
>http://www.strawpoll.me/11458318

>Corax beating Curze

Proof that Good Batman > Evil Batman
>>
>>49945273
>lorgar and fulgrim rock bottom
just missing magnus in the third lowest spot to be perfect
>>
File: IMG_20161024_232144-01~01.jpg (189KB, 735x971px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161024_232144-01~01.jpg
189KB, 735x971px
Finished the son of Sanguinius.

Sadly, my cellphone can't really capture the bright red if the armour and made it somewhat pink...
>>
>>49945335
>>49945273
Magnus way above Russ. Unexpected desu.
>>
From end of previous bread:

My 2 thrones to fix Destroyers:

Base down to 125, Packs are 35, 17 to add a marine.

Each Destroyer can a pistol for a hand flamer with chem munitions for 15 points.

Pistols are 12" S2 AP- Radphage Fleshbane Pistol.

Same usual other options.
>>
>>49944802
Painting up my WE's I made out of BaC. I haven't thought about list lately, since don't have much time to play. Got a praetor, chaplain, praetor with jump pack, command squad with jump pack, assault squad, 5 cataphractii with lightning claws, veteran squad with power axes, veteran squad with combi-flamers,flamers, plasma and combi-plasmas and bunch of tacts. Assault squad has chainaxes and tact squads axes are in mail.
>>
>>49944740
I think they might be my favorite legion because they are literally irredeemable.

Sons Of Horus got tricked into Chaos by Word Bearers people can relate to get lied to and pulled into certain things.

Angron and his world eaters were in a shit predicament based on Angron's childhood people can relate to someone having a shit childhood.

Magnus and his Thousand Sons had the utmost best intentions yet had the worst luck people can relate to having good intentions fuck up unintentionally.

Perturabo and his Iron Warriors are surprisingly very emotional people can relate to his passion/emotional feel they are like Bernie Sanders and his supporters pre Hillary endorsement.

Fulgrim and the EC had this whole addict style descent where you start to wonder if what you're doing is really you. People can relate to that.

Mortarion's a prime representation of legit mental health issues in 40k thus him and the DG's descent is very relatable.

Night Haunter/Night Lords are the guys that were just sick of seeing awful shit happen around them all the time and decided to take action. Pretty sure we can all relate whether it's an event like 9/11 or what's happening in Syria atm.

Alpha Legion as a whole are a meme. People love memes simple as that.

But Lorgar and the Word Bearers...these guys are the only ones who essentially WILLINGLY went to find and follow someone that's not the Emperor. The texts used by the Imperium in 40k time are written by Lorgar way back, another sign the Imperium went to shit post Emperor considering Emps is atheist. Despite being told by Kairos Fateweaver to NOT go for revenge against Ultramarines, they decided to pull the biggest troll trick on the Marines which lead to more Marine deaths than any singular event. Lorgar, unlike his Primarch brethren who despite attempts of "trolling" (Iron Cage, Alpha Legion) actually went out of his way to piss off loyalists in any way he can. Genuinely unlikable.
>>
>>49945428
what's your plan for prospero? going to add anything from the box? I'm getting two boxes at a steep discount ($200 for two boxes after giving the sisters of silence to a friend) and I'm only gonna be using 20 mk3 marines and 5 tartaros terminators for my world eaters. not sure what I'll do with the rest yet.
>>
>>49945349
I like it!

Do an Iron Warrior with an 'in the trenches' look!

MkII or Cataphractii TDA preferred.
>>
>>49945349
Do an Imperial Fist huscarl in indomitus armor.
>>
>>49945500
Probably going bolster my IW with that unfortunately. Mk.III is more in their alley. But not sure if i should make the tartaros into WE. They ought tobe better cqc? Forgot that I also have 2 dickbikes (1 with plasmacannon) so I need to get a 3rd one to have minimum squad.
>>
>>49945756
being able to sweep is a big deal. or at least that's why I'm making 5 tartaros kharn's bodyguard.
>>
>>49945629
Thank you!

>>49945629
>>49945649
I'm doing these as sketches/part of a diorama/display that going to contain the illustrations and miniatures built after them. Going to do one for each of the the 18 legions.

I don't have any MkII armour, so the IW is going to wear MkIII, The IF I'm planning of putting in either MkVII or MkIV.

I guess once I'm done with the 18 legions, I'll be up to draw any request tho.

Which Legion should I draw next?
>>
>>49945793
I got the 40k version of kharn model, but was considering in getting 30k version since it looks good. I am the only 30k player around my meta as far as I know, so mostly am going to face 40k armies.
>>
>>49945823
you've done dangles and bangles so far, yeah?

Go for wuffs or smurfs next. Get the big four out of the way first.
>>
>>49945823
Wolves?
>>
>>49945837
I actually held out for the new 40k plastic kharn, but after seeing the model and the $40 pricetag...I just ordered the forgeworld model for $50 including shipping. don't mind paying a little extra for the heresy specific model.
>>
>>49945927
in my personal opinion, taking polux in a list where you're not allowed to deep strike (I think that's the rule for stone gauntlet) doesn't make sense. I'd bring Sigismund or just a cheap Praetor to unlock Master of the Legion/chill with the Terminators
>>
>>49945954
thanks m8, had to delete the list due to awful formatting will post back soon.
>>
>>49945839
>>49945841
Might as well get done with the wolves, going to try and go for a more Scandinavian/biker gang vibe instead of the usual overwuff.

Guess that leaves me with a bit of research to do.
>>
>>49945997
in 30k they are vikings in space, in 40k they are furries in space.
I like vikings, I don't like furries.
>>
2nd go at a fluffy IF army, 2.5k
No idea if it is viable or not
(also would i be reviled if I want to field Sig with a helmet?)

HQ

Sigismund (230pts)
Master of the Legion [The Stone Gauntlet]

Troops

Legion Breacher Siege Squad (250pts)
[2x Graviton Gun, 9x Legion Breacher Siege Space Marines]
Sergeant
[Artificer Armour, Power Weapon]

Legion Breacher Siege Squad (230pts)
[9x Legion Breacher Siege Space Marines, 2x Volkite Charger]
Sergeant
[Artificer Armour, Power Weapon]

Elites

Apothecarion Detachment (100pts)
Legion Apothecary [Augury Scanner]
Legion Apothecary [Augury Scanner]

Contemptor-Mortis Dreadnought (195pts)
[Havoc Launcher, Two Kheres Pattern Assault Cannons]

Legion Terminator Squad (430pts)
[Cataphractii, 4x Chainfist, Assault Cannon, 8x Legion Terminators,7x Storm Shield]
Legion Terminator Sergeant
[Storm Shield]

Legion Veteran Tactical Squad (220pts)
[9x Legion Veteran Space Marines, Marksmen, 2x Missile Launcher and Suspensor Web]
Legion Veteran Sergeant
[Artificer Armour]

Heavy Support

Legion Artillery Tank Squadron (155pts)
Legion Basilisk
[Extra Armour, Heavy Bolter]

Legion Caestus Assault Ram (305pts)
[Two wing-mounted Havoc Launchers]
(For Sig and Termies)

Lord of War

Rogal Dorn (385pts) [Primarch]

Cheers
>>
Okayyyy, I'm that fag from a few threads ago who ordered four BoP boxes.
>Four boxes Namefag McGee! Wow, you're made of money, and an idiot!
I know.
But I only have 15 of the FW Mk III Space Wolves shoulder pads left- should I buy more so every marine gets a nice shoulder pad, or should I only use them for people like sgt.s?
>>
I need mobile anti-tank, but I can't decide what to get.

Which would be the better general purpose choices out of these?
>Javelins with TL Lascannons, Multi-Meltas and HKMs
>Storm Eagle with TL Multi-Melta and Hellfire missiles (while also transporting a unit)
>Lightning with Kraken missiles
>Xiphon
>Sky Slayers with Multi-Meltas
>Venator
>Vindicators with Demolisher Cannons and Machine Spirit
>>
>>49946413
is money an issue? I'm going to be running two demolisher vindicators with machine spirit because I like the GW model and I can get both for less than $100. but if I were more comfortable working with resin I'd try the venator...I just hate the model. looks like a tank with a penis.
>>
>>49946348
Mix and match, no need for everybody to ave one but maybe about a third should get them?
>>
>>49946513
Money is a factor but not a concern.
If I were to get the Vindicators I'd get FW's Deimos pattern ones either way, as I think they look amazing.
>>
>>49946118
At 2500 points, you really shouldn't be running both Siggy and Dorn. I'd either drop Sigismund in exchange for a budget praetor or centurion, or get rid of Dorn. With the points you save, you could get some transports for your units and additional heavy support. Personally, I'd also cut the Apothecaries for the Breacher teams and run them in Land Raider Proteus's. Also, if you are running Sigismund, consider throwing in some Templars instead of the Terminators, or in addition to them.
>>
File: IMG_20161009_152242.jpg (797KB, 2169x2371px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161009_152242.jpg
797KB, 2169x2371px
>>49942203
>>49945253
M...mine?
Just so you know, for it to fit with the cloak, you need to space the lower part of the jumppack by about 4/5mm
>>
which book has rules for the legion relics?
>>
>>49947232
IV
>>
File: 1456721362892.jpg (569KB, 1920x1517px) Image search: [Google]
1456721362892.jpg
569KB, 1920x1517px
>laugh at Northie anon wanting 'most Scot Legion'
>reading posts, faggoty US 'Northie' with a guilt complex
>Go to family get-together for the 30th time, (vaguely) talk about his idiocy
>Aunt politely tells me that not only is fictional heresy 'okay,' but that I'm related to the Warmaster, John Wilkes Booth

How do I recover from this apostasy, /tg/? I'm 1,500 pts into my Fists.
>>
>>49947449
>talking to family about warhammer

my parents just say "have fun with your little people" whenever I leave for the LGS.
>>
File: Awesome NL Veterans.jpg (317KB, 954x734px) Image search: [Google]
Awesome NL Veterans.jpg
317KB, 954x734px
>>49946348
Just drop the name and you won't ge tthat shit, just saying.

The important people are recognisable by their work they post, like the two NL bros from some time ago.

One posted some stuff I quite liked and therefore will repost now.
>>
File: 1457327685250.png (3MB, 1605x1964px) Image search: [Google]
1457327685250.png
3MB, 1605x1964px
>>49944705
Anyone got an updated version of this guide?
>>
>>49947667
>Outcast dead
Fuck remember how they had to write 2 more books to retcon Magnus's warning arriving after Isstvan 5?
>>
>>49947513
Your family aren't Virginians.
>>
>>49947682
Damn, I hadn't reached that yet, but I suppose it wouldn't have surprised me.
>>
>>49947831
Oops. Truthfully its not a spoiler as its a background event in the book you find out about in another. But thanks for the reminder not to spoil shit.

P.S Horus dies GASP!
>>
>>49947667
>Anything by Dembski-Bowden
>God-Emperor

Move Scars up one while you're at it.
>>
>>49947413
Iron within, iron without!
>>
My first Red Butcher, had to fix the axes because they were a little warped. also first time using the sponge way, instead of flicking a brush for the blood.
>>
>>49948037
I think you forgot your image there Anon.
>>
File: IMG_3029.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3029.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>49948037
Not sure why the image didn't get sent
>>
>>49948047
And now its flipped, great.
>>
>>49948047
It is a nice and gory Red Butcher though, emphasis on the red.
He just waded through a squad of Solar Auxilia I think?
Nicely painted Anon.
>>
>>49947625
I do a lot of cross board shit, and I like the name anyways.

Plus the shit doesn't bother me.
>>
>>49948209
Then don't complain about it.

I have to admit I dislike names without a reason since thats the whole reason of 4chan, but if you are happy with it...

I ordered BoP and shall hopefully post some fresh MKIII Iron Hands soon.
>>
How do Iron Hands, Raven Guard and Salamanders feel about being squashed at the start of the Heresy?

I'm only just finishing Legion and I don't know if they play a further role or not, but I'm asking how YOU feel about your legions being crushed at the start
>>
>>49948265
Few survivors and few players. I like not having to play mirror matches.
>>
>>49948229
Oh, I wasn't complaining, it's just the last time I had said how many boxes I ordered I was flooded with responses like the green text, and was hoping to avoid that conversation again.
>>
>>49948265
They're all pretty cut up about it. XD

Truthfully the Iron hands went further into the whole 'flesh is weak' despite Ferrus never meaning that. Raven Guard were heavily influenced by their Primarch going all emo over it for awhile but seem pretty chill about it in 40k. As for the Salamanders I have no idea. They have so little characterization I cant even name one of their characters.
>>
>>49947884
Lol
>>
>>49948265
IH get MAD, I like that a lot.

They coped rather bad with it though.
>>
>>49947667
What's angel exterminatus doing all the way down there?

Also, we should really set up a Nick Kyme Tier containment section.
>>
>>49948527
No idea, I've only read six of the books so far: everyone and their uncle seems to have a different opinion on tiers, so each image differs.
>>
>>49948568
Yeah, it's like these things are subjective or something. One that I always think is rated too high is Legion, which I was thoroughly underwhelmed by, it's mostly about some random army unit (who will never appear again) with waifu commanders or something stupid like that. Kind of wonder if it's just the epic plottwist that Alpharius killed Dumbledore that gets everyone excited.
>>
>>49948209
Lots of people post cross board, without being an attention whore about it.
>>
>>49948481
Tactical assault moons are pretty rad coping devices.
>>
>>49944705
guise, hey, guise, why are there loads of alpha legion dudes surrounding that imperial fist dude??
in the OP pic ofc
>>
>>49948769
Might have something to do with the fate of one of the Alpha Legions twin Primarchs at the hands of the Fists, and the shitstorm that come out of that particular BL release.
>>
Which HH is more? Boys before toys or vice versa? Or is it more depended on legion/RoW?
>>
>>49948914
30k is boys AND toys. That's why we play 2k5 / 3k
>>
File: 20161025_144242.jpg (576KB, 1306x980px) Image search: [Google]
20161025_144242.jpg
576KB, 1306x980px
Post your workspace.
>>
Which HH is more? Boys before toys or vice versa? Or is it more depended on legion/RoW?
>>
>>49944802
That's because Berzerker Assault is our best RoW. Crimson Path is really only worth it if you take Angron with Red Butchers and Surlak. But, if you want something a little different, here's something I cooked up yesterday after dreaming about jetbikes. It's only 2000, so if you want 2500, too bad. I'll make that list eventually but not yet.

HQ:
Kharn w/ Gorechild 190 RoW: berzerker assault
Gahlan Surlak 110

Troops:
Assault Squad 234
-+3 Marines
-Chainaxes
-Sergeant: Meteor Hammer, melta bombs

Assault Squad 239
-+3 Marines
-Chainaxes
-Sergeant: Pair of Lightning Claws, melta bombs

Tactical Squad 220
-+8 Marines
-Chainaxes
-Sergeant: power fist

Elites:
Apothecarion Detachment
-Apothecary w/ jump pack 60
-Apothecary w/ jump pack 60

Contemptor-Cortus Dreadnought 245
-DDP
-Chainfist
-DCCW

Fast Attack
Javelin 75
-Lascannon
-Multi-melta

Javelin 75
-Lascannon
-Multi-melta

Heavy Support
Kharybdis Assault Claw 235

Jetbike Sky Slayer Squadron
-+2 jetbikes
-multimeltas

total 1998. Kharn+Surlak in Kharybdis with tacticals. Outflanking javelins are sex on grav. It's not a perfect list, and I should probably put grav guns on my cortus rather than LC on my assault sergeant, but I was thinking about Kor Phaeron's awesome claws and using those.
>>
>>49948769
Don't waste text with 'hey guys' just ask your question and move on.
But to answer your question, read praetorian of dorn
>>
>>49948914
Both, and it is indeed dependent on Legion rules and the RoW you're using. Some emphasise one over the other.
>>
>>49946348
Drop the name, we are like the custodes, we are awarded names for good service, not because we were born that way. But when is your army set, at prospero? If so when at prospero, it was a quick battle but you'd still have field repairs. If it's set to be when they just got out the drop pods, then they should all have them to display that they are the emperor's chosen and not rogue reavers.
>>
File: smugfrog.jpg (8KB, 120x147px) Image search: [Google]
smugfrog.jpg
8KB, 120x147px
>>49949008
>we are awarded names for good service
Nah, while there's a few that's true for (based Scanon for example) it's mostly just attention whores.
>>
File: image.png (159KB, 289x289px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
159KB, 289x289px
>>49945349
I HAVE AWOKEN AND I AM PLEASED.
>>
>>49945170
Retard
>>
>>49948940
2500pts so we can have 1 lord of war each? then the loser is the first one to lose their LoW ?
>>
>>49948955
holeeeee shit nigga.
>>
>>49949128
what
>>
>>49949123
I don't play a LoW at 2.5k. Only my primary at 3k.
>>
>>49948955
>Leatherman
Nice
>>
>>49945349
neat!
like that somethings coming out of the exhausts, you never seem to see that
would love to see some of the primarchs in this style
>>
If my intention is to create a ded-killy Heavy Support Squad for taking out tanks and such, would I be better off pairing them with a Master of Signals, or a Siege Breaker?
>>
Watching the designers of Burning of Prospero talk about the game. This is going to be bad for us Thousand Sons fans isnt it. The guy explaining the 1kSons doesnt give a shit and is more excited about the Custodes. I was going to write out everything I thought was going wrong but I'm only 10 minutes in and its overwhelming. Being a traitor legion is truly suffering.
>>
File: IMG_20161025_072703.jpg (190KB, 1325x1471px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161025_072703.jpg
190KB, 1325x1471px
>>49945349
Nice. How did you make it?
>>
>>49948265
It's not like it was a surpise to most of us. The Dropsite Massacre has been part of the lore for awhile, and it makes sense that they wouldn't be a big factor after that, since they're so few in number.
>>
File: image.jpg (749KB, 824x1121px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
749KB, 824x1121px
>>49949191
>suffering
You talk about suffering but you know nothing about it. Think of all the IWfags that need to be shafted in order to keep the sun afloat. Think about the BA/DA/WSfags who haven't got their full legion releases. And do I need to remind you it could be worse?
>>
>>49949278
>Being a traitor legion is truly suffering.
>Posts the Chaos dex
w.. what?
>>
what are the legions with full rules that you see the most and see the least?
I prefer to go for an army you dont see a lot
>>
>>49949278
CSM friend of mine is now using the 30k word bearer rules in games of 40k
best decision he ever made he says
>>
>>49949278
TS also haven't got *any* rules releases yet so I'm not sure what your point is about DA/WS/BA. And IW at least have all of their rules and special units even if you have to *gasp* convert them. TS have literally nothing except 1 character model, and are according to this Anon, getting totally fucked in their own board game.
>>
>>49949296
To remind him that it gets worse. Remember here you gets goodies that Chaos won't let you have.
>>49949329
>TS also haven't got *any* rules releases yet so I'm not sure what your point is about DA/WS/BA
The wait for those releases are probably going to be longer.
>ccording to this Anon, getting totally fucked in their own board game.
Well they did get shaken like a rag doll during the Wolfing of Prospero so it fits.
>>
>>49949179
What generates more kills, +1BS or Tank Hunters? I always give my heavy squads a siege breaker, what's the point of landing more shots if they can't do any damage.
>>
>>49949408
+1 BS will help score more hits on targets, regardless of it being a tank or not.
It doesn't necessarily make it easier to kill a tank, but it makes them more useful killing other stuff once you're out of vehicles to pop.
>>
>>49949179
Tank Hunters is a LOT better at anti-tank and works when you're moving, shooting flyers, pinned, fleeing, just regrouped etc., but +1BS and bombardment is better against everything else such as admech robutts, giant MEQ blobs, TEQ deathstars etc.

It's just a choice between specialist or generalist.
>>
>>49949179
why not both?
>>
>>49949329
Highlights include
>Magnus stopping the flesh change being a mistake despite this meaning no Thousands Sons
>Everyime they talk about the Sons theyre bored as fuck and get excited and laugh when they get destroyed
>The library of Tizca the repository of all 1kSons knowledge is raised by the SW instead of being teleported by Magnus
>SW are straight up better in combat then TS
>psychic powers are supposed to counter-act this but SoS stop this completely XD
Fuck.

The only combat that they show is the Sons jobbing against the strongest SW character. Ahriman doesnt do anything.

Final words from one of them
>SoS show just how powerful the Emperor is he's just that awesome
>Quote 'unlike Magnus haha who struggled a little bit'

>>49949370
>Well they did get shaken like a rag doll during the Wolfing of Prospero so it fits.
2/10
>>
Would Forgeworld replace the MKIV crew of the Mortar with MKIII if I asked?
>>
>>49949461
probably
why not ask them via email?
>>
now that kickass is dead and based branstark is gone, where does one go to listen to new heresy audiobooks? please and thank you.
>inb4 buy them hurrr
>>
File: image.jpg (43KB, 282x325px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43KB, 282x325px
>>49949458
And now I take back >>49949278
>>
>>49949486
There's a lot of them up on YouTube, there might be other places.
>>
>>49948614
Alpharius killed Dumbledore? Well thanks a lot for ruining Die Hard 2 for me, anon.
>>
>>49949370
>it fits
Historically sure, but a game is never fun if one side consistently curb stomps the other.
>>
what do you boys think
better or worse if I were to have the axe slung on his back and have him with sword and shield?
>>
I have 60 bodies from Calth for some Alpha Legioning:

5 man Support Squad (Plasma)
5 man Support Squad (Plasma)
10 man Support Squad (Volkite)

And probably either 2x 20 man tactical squads or a mix or 2x 10 man veterans and some head hunters.

In terms of vehicles, I definitely want a sicaran and some contemptor/leviathan dreads. Any suggestions for man delivery? Rhinos? Drop pods? Dreadclaws?

Predators and artillery tanks any good?
>>
File: 99560101535_LemanRuss02.jpg (43KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
99560101535_LemanRuss02.jpg
43KB, 600x620px
>>49949701
fuck pic didnt work
>>
>>49949065
Do you think Scan Anon stays in heaven because he's afraid of what he has created on /tg/?
>>
>>49949426
Yeah that's right, nine times out of ten though I give me guys missile launchers. Tank Hunters really helps S8 and the increased BS doesn't matter much with blast templates anyway.
>>
>>49948955
The boxman gunship!
>>
>>49949438
Because that's a 200 point investment on an already expensive squad.
>>
>>49949725
In the case of missiles, then yes, I'd go for Tank Hunters as well, it helps a great deal with S8 against vehicles.
>>
>>49949712
>>49949701
Give him the options for either, make the sword s+1 ap2 at initiative with rampage and murderous strike, make the axe unwieldy, s+2 and force succesful invulns to be rerolled, let the shield be rerollable 5++, and give him weapon mastery. He can only ever use two out of three though
>>
>>49949767
nice rules, but I was thinking more about modeling ideas
>>
>>49949767
If you can pull it off, I think the Sword and Shield look with the Axe on his back could work really well. But I'm not sure how much remodelling you'd have to do on his back to not make the lack of shield stand out.
>>
>>49949790
>>49949807
Oh, my bad, i need sleep in which case i'm actually pretty happy about the model in general. The shield would unbalance the pose he's holding, and honestly SW don't feel like a shield legion to me. My main complaint is that he has the classic primarch derpface, but im sure it can be rectified by decent painting.
>>
>>49949701
>>49949712
Why not axe and shield on hands, sword on the back, providing over the vents.
>>
>>49949821
yea
people seem to complain a lot about the faces, but with a decent paintjob almost all of them look great
>>
>>49949833
Fulgrim is just plain bad, Corax can be made less-awful but never good, lorgar's face is just bland and makes him look like a depressed old man rather than the god-king that looked like daddy. Others, like Night Haunter, look good even with my mediocre skills
>>
>>49949303
>least
Salamanders, Ultramarines, emperors children
>>
Ever plat anything that wasnt to your legion's strength? Like World Eater Armored Assault, or orbital strike Iron Warriors? Every legion has units that wasnt their signature shtic, but all I see are EC Maru Daku or Night Lord Terror Assault.
>>
>>49949902
thanks anon
although I might go for space wolves, my fave things are infantry and drop pods, and the rout seem to be the best for that

on that note, did russ's personal guard wear terminator armour?
>>
File: 20161025_165947.jpg (251KB, 980x735px) Image search: [Google]
20161025_165947.jpg
251KB, 980x735px
>>49949728
There will be a second one too.
>>
File: fyreslayers.jpg (79KB, 810x465px) Image search: [Google]
fyreslayers.jpg
79KB, 810x465px
>>49949807
>>49949821
>>49949824
desu looking over the model with the 360 view I'm liking it as is more and more, might just go with FW intent

but one last thing, fyreslayer ginger or blonde?
>>
>>49949960

We don't know, space wolves don't even have rules yet

Any legion can do infantry and drop pods though, Sons of Horus specialize in it pretty well
>>
File: what is going on in this thread.png (268KB, 278x796px) Image search: [Google]
what is going on in this thread.png
268KB, 278x796px
>>49950013
Night Lords too
>>
File: IRLlemanruss.jpg (110KB, 634x659px) Image search: [Google]
IRLlemanruss.jpg
110KB, 634x659px
>>49950006
always blonde
its just too beautiful
>>
>>49950006
>but one last thing, fyreslayer ginger or blonde?
Vikings have always primarily been portrayed as being Blonde, I don't see why über-Viking wouldn't be.
>>
>>49950006
Blonde, and make it an actual pale blonde like on Alarielle instead of the fugly yellow on the FW paintjob.
>>
>>49949906
I haven't seen Orbital IW even though Golg and Perturabo have synergies for that. They all want to ride the Ironfire, even when they only have a few Medusae in their list and nobody can make use of Fearless.
>>
>>49950133
>Dem Everlegs
>>
>>49950172

Every day is squat day in the realm of life.
>>
>>49950153
My problem with all the other RoWs is that they have things that I don't want, like, or need. Ironfire's limitations are non-existant compared to every other RoW, and artillery is pretty useful since S8 AP3 or S10 AP2 will remove nearly everything. Since you're already likely to be using it, Ironfire only makes them better since lowering their scatter makes them deadlier, and giving your men fearless is nice on the few times you'd actually need it.
>>
>>49944813
This tbqh
He was literally Lorgar tier but everyone sucks him off because "lol nerd wizard".

>aww fuck flesh change
>I know best how to fix this!
>muh special talent!
>I'm sure Big E would be cool with me trafficking with powerful entities because it'll solve my/my legion's problem
>ha see I know best and solved my problem
>...
>wait fuck I take it back

Replace "flesh change" and "wait fuck I take it back" with "truth" and "haha fuck this is everything I wanted basically".
>>
what are the best artillery pieces for an iw army using the new bombardment rite of war?
>>
>>49950519
Quad Mortars
>>
>>49950519
Really it depends on what you're already running.

Elites slots but no Heavy support slots? Quad Mortars

Heavy support slot? A Medusa. More at higher points levels.

Multiple Heavy Support slots? Whirlwind Scorpiuses.
>>
>>49950547
I don't remember, are tyrant terminators elite or havy support?

anyway I usually run a squad of them, a squad of iron havocs and a vindicator
>>
>>49950489
>aww 'truth"
>I know best how to fix this!
>muh special talent!
>I'm sure Big E would be cool with me trafficking with powerful entities because it'll solve my/my legion's problem
>ha see I know best and solved my problem
>...
>"haha fuck this is everything I wanted basically"
I dont get it?
>>
>>49950581
That means you'd have to take Quad Mortars, since you have no Heavy Support slots, since unfortunately Tyrants are indeed HS.
>>
>>49950591
Crisis of faith/not a god

Dedication to a cause and enough oratory skill to talk to gods

Both primarchs tell themselves this lie

Self-explanatory

Sucker punches Calth, orchestrates the Heresy with Kory F. & Lil E, becomes a daemon, found the truth, etc.

He got the most out of the Heresy of all traitor primarchs.
>>
>>49950820
>Self-explanatory
If you think anything you just wrote is self-explanatory then buddy I've got some bad news for you.
>>
>>49949461
I asked them this and they basically told me to fuck off
>>
>>49951145
Figures. They never bothered to tell me what Ally status do daemons have with WB when not using the Dark Brethren RoW (which makes them battle brothers).
>>
Remember when wanting to unificate mankind and purge xenos was normal?
>>
>>49949701
>>49949712
It's pretty good. It's not as great as some of the others, but it's also not awkward looking like Corax. I will be buying it at some point.
>>
>>49951145

Well, it's hardly surprising. The product is the product. They wouldn't replace all the bolters in a unit with volkite either.

>inb4 quad mortar MkIII pack
>with this upgrade you can convert your quad mortar crew to wear MkIII armour!
>just £25!
>Quad Mortar must be purchased separately
>>
>>49946413
Well what you really want for opening tin cans is chainfists. And only the lighting out of that list is able to fire chainfists
>>
>>49951306
AP1 chainfists with tank hunter
>>
>>49951331
At BS5
>>
>>49951279
Fw models aren't made like the plastic ones. Popular items will be kept in stock and others will be made to suit demand. The fact they come on a separate gate means they would just need to tell the caster to use the mk iii mold instead of the mk iiii. Obviously they can't be bothered with this as there isn't enough demand but realistically it wouldn't be much work to sell gun and crew separately
>>
>>49948265
I feel a bit disappointed by the way they handled the betrayal of the 4 legions, especially the word bearer
>hey guys we're totally joining the fight later, we can't right now
>what ? issues with the emperor ? no way, we're ABSOLUTELY loyal, right guys ?
the 3 shattered legions should've seen this coming.
and I don't mind having most of my legion dead and my primarch captured, as long as the survivors get some actions
>Iron dragon ftw
and
>>
>>>49950820
>If you think anything you just wrote is self-explanatory then buddy I've got some bad news for you.

"Both of them thought they were right to do what they did"

I wish I wasn't on mobile just so I could post a smug enough anime girl considering how simple the concept is.
>>
>>49951374
It's also a packaging problem. It's in a sealed plastic blister (? Not sure it's the correct word). So either you double the number of available references or you change the packaging to zip bags.
>>
File: image.png (626KB, 1334x750px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
626KB, 1334x750px
>>49951473
That's pretty easy, Anon.
>>
>>49951473
You write like a 13 your old looking up porn for the first time.

>BIG TITS GRABBING ASS
There's no link or nuance to what your trying to explain/say. The fact I couldnt follow you shitty justification for Lorgar and Magnus being the same with such strong points as
>aww 'truth"
>aww fuck flesh change
And
>wait fuck I take it back
>"haha fuck this is everything I wanted basically"
Might explain why you had trouble getting across your 'simply concept'.
>>
>>49951494
I'll concede that. But the blister costs them nothing. And you're paying at least 12% for delivery anyway. Which they will have a service level agreement for. It's really not something out of the scope for a company to do.
>>
File: images (7).jpg (11KB, 375x392px) Image search: [Google]
images (7).jpg
11KB, 375x392px
>>49951502
He's saying most of his smug anime girls are in his computer rather than on his phone, I though it was self explanatory :^)
>>
>>49951374
Would also enable them to make shoulder fired weapon if they just sold packs of just the guns and then other packs of arms and backpacks for various suit marks. There's really no need to see the whole models. The new heavy weapons are just using bolter arms and for some it works, but I find hip fired missile launchers and things like lascannons to be a bit silly.
>>
Why do I do these things, /hhg/? Yesterday I decide jetbikes would be cool, today I order 5. They really do patch up my anti-armor problem nicely, though.
>>
I'd like to see what personality they can inject into the Talons of the Emperor book. I've wanted custodes for years, but now that I have them I'm worried they'll be flavorless with limited characters and stoic background
>>
>>49951565
People order for less than 250£ ?
>>
>>49951551
Lorgar got everything he wanted. I mean, he seems to want shitty things like Chaos enslaving everyone and having someone to feed on his prayers, but no doubt he got some of that.
Sure, that anon has mildly shitty writing, but it's not like he speaks Fenrisian or something.
>>
>>49951589
i actually have a feeling that the heavy weapons that can be used with bolter arms were made as a favour to people who only bought BaC. which was considerate i thought. the lascannon and and missle launcher look way better on the shoulder, ther autocannon, heavy flamer, plasma cannon and heavy bolter look much better underslung.
>>
>>49951627
i budget myself ~£100 a month for models, ive tried to save up three months but i always end up with nothing to paint and get bored.
>>
File: sol-militaris.jpg (468KB, 1027x717px) Image search: [Google]
sol-militaris.jpg
468KB, 1027x717px
>>49951671
They work on all armour marks, including resin ones. FW could have just sold shoulder fired ones with MkIV arms for BaC, but I suspect it was more that having one kit (just the guns) was better than several kits (guns and arms).

>heavy bolter look much better underslung

Sol Militaris represent!
>>
>>49951642
>fagnus did everything wrong
>This tbqh
This was his original point. This is what he linked too and then the first thing he said.

Why is
>Lorgar got everything he wanted.
Even relevant to this. Magnus sure didnt get everything he wanted how does this make the the same tier? What does tier mean in this context? How high does he rate Lorgar? Fucker should learn to write more then 6 words and like his points together with some punctuation if he wants to get his point across.
>>
>>49946753
Thanks Anon,

How would you kit the praetor/centurion?

As for the land raider, just plain vanilla or should I throw in some pintle weapons?
>>
What are the Custodes on the alignment chart, Imperial Army?
>>
>>49951796
Never mind, Sworn Brothers to all loyalists.
>>
>>49951796

Emperor's Talons will probably have a new slot on the alignment chart.
>>
>>49951745
Probably try to keep them cheap, if you're still looking at running Dorn. Like, a shooty Centurion to hang out with the Veterans or Terminators, maybe with a volkite charger and protective gear. And I'd keep the land raiders as cheap as I could, but it really depends on how many points you end up having available. The most important thing to think about in your army is what job every unit is going to do, and what can help them get to their objective and do their job the best.
>>
>>49944864
inb4 dark angels get 'may swap heavy flamers for plasma cannons', so the only difference between the angels of death is Plasma or Ass cannons
>>
>>49952166
DA special units will be restricted for the Fallen. Loyalists get their cool shit through rites.
>>
>>49951720
If hvy bolter is .75, what's bolter?
>>
>>49951274
whats your faves then?
>>
>>49952371
.70 is Phobos
.65 is Umbra
.60 is Tigrus
>>
File: marine-bolters-lol.jpg (179KB, 1114x1085px) Image search: [Google]
marine-bolters-lol.jpg
179KB, 1114x1085px
>>49952371
About point three-fitty.

Do note that the Sol Militarus magazine is quite long, so it's possible that even if the projectile doesn't have a wide diameter, it could very well be much longer and heavier than a .75 bolter round, packing much more fuel and explosives.
>>
>>49952513
>.65 is Umbra

Where's that mentioned?
>>
>>49952402
Angron, Perturabo and Vulkan stands out as my favourites.
>>
Newfag here, are there any differences in the crunch for different marks of power armor, or is that all fluff?
>>
>>49952062
Thanks again.
I want to have a fluffy army with Dorn (which will be my 'ijustgotintogradschool' gift to myself) that won't be assraped in the table, and have another (sharing as most models as possible) that can be used viably.
Thanks a lot.
>>
>>49952672
Fluff.
>>
So I had a game with the Vultarax today. It did three hull points to a knight and then croaked. 175 Points I will not spend that way again.
>>
>>49952672
All fluff.

Except Terminator armor.

Cataphractii cannot sweep or Overwatch, but has delicious 4++ save for never being kill.

Tartaros can sweep and overwatch, but has 5++.

Indomitus cannot sweep or overwatch, and only has 5++. Do not touch.
>>
>>49952712
Isn't it sad, bulldog-kun?
>>
>>49952711
What killed it? Also, it's partly your fault for using a single Vultarax. Gimme detailz anon.
>>
>>49952712
>Indomitus cannot overwatch
what

it can't sweep, but it can overwatch
>>
>>49952734
Imagine, bulldog face with Cataphractii shoulders. And crotch-studs
>>
>>49952785
It got shot by a knight lancer, a conversion beamer and died when Scoria blew the knight up
>>
>>49952785
Also didn't make sense to bring many as my opponent had only one vehicle. Mechanicum vs Mechanicum is a hard game.
>>
>>49952734
It is.
>>
>>49952672
Hardened armour is arguably meant to be MkIII and recon armour MkVI.
You can model how you like as long as they look like baby termies/sneaky marines.
>>
Anyone wanna talk tactics for Talons of the Emperor? Current custodes stats = meh?
>>
>>49951727
Alright let me rewind the script here now that I'm not stuck in traffic and not on my phone.

1. Magnus generally assumed to have done nothing wrong and praised on /tg/.
2. Lorgar is generally assumed to have done everything wrong and bad mouthed on /tg/.
3. Both were actually quite similar in aspects of their "fall" and why they did what they did like doing what they thought was "best", making deals with the warp far before things went "bad" for the sake of their legion, and having another legion sent to fuck up their world.

4. The difference lies in that Lorgar actually achieved his objective and is generally pleased with the current situation.

5. From a certain point of view Magnus is actually more like "bad-Lorgar" and Lorgar is "good-Magnus".

tl;dr Magnus is given too much slack even thought he, more or less, did what one of the most generally reviled primarchs did but worse.
>>
>>49952796
Indomitus can overwatch

>>49953025
Without EW they are very meh.
>>
>>49953134
Just looking over it all they seemed mid-tier. The golden rape boys I expected arnt really there. They mentioned a year ago that they did a play test, one custodian vs a 20 man tac squad and the Tacs were wiped out to a man.
>>
>>49953025
Not really, their statlines are a step above marines, and a step below Primarchs, or at least one step below Lorgar who technically counts.
Their gear is good but not army-wide-AP2 OP and their special rules are interesting.
Plus, it's not as though these are the rules for the 300.
>>
>>49953025
They look pretty nasty. Haven't got the old abacus out to see how they do mathhammer-wise though.

>>49953134
If you're footslogging them where the big scary S10 blasts can land on them then you're doing it wrong. There isn't that much S10 melee that splat them once they're in combat, is there?

'Course, I am assuming forgeworld will give them an assault vehicle (on the basis that forgeworld are not morons) but that could be wrong.
>>
>>49952711
>It did three hull points to a knight and then croaked. 175 Points I will not spend that way again.
isn't that exactly the sort of damage you'd expect from something that costs half of what a Knight does
>>
Concept for making Indomitus distinct and giving you a reason to take it: Overwatch on 2+ from advanced targeting systems (the classic over-the-shoulder optics on the Indomitus model). Can't sweep, retains 5++.
>>
Ferrus Manus dies...
>>
>>49953194
>1vs20
Yeah need a nerf.
>>49953221
Until I see a transport for them they are meh.
>>
>>49953218
Boooo, give AP2
>>
>>49953245
>Overwatch on 2+
you mean BS2 overwatch?

Also the name of those shoulder optics are Targeters. Gave +1BS in the old days.
>>
>>49953283
Nice Argument.
>>49953218
They should have had a way to get ap2 all the time, just like regular assault troops can.
2+5++ is okay, but not when a cheaper assault unit can wipe them out.
>>
Why is this thread not going insane over the custodes hover tank?
>>
>>49953273
Well, you can stick them in an allied transport turn 1. Or start the game with them inside, if you're considering that FAQ a draft.
>>
>>49953305
>Also the name of those shoulder optics are Targeters. Gave +1BS in the old days.
Not that anon, but I always wanted to know what those things were. I thought they were cameras, like how it was on the Space Hulk game
>>
>>49953326
I imagine that when Inferno comes out i.e. never they'll have more options.
Maybe the companions will get permanent AP2.
>>
>>49953337

We already talked about it a while a go. Nothing more to discuss until we get more details.

Also, this general is suffering from a rather large amount of pent up frustration and passive aggressiveness due to the delayed and impending release of Inferno. Expect nothing until that book is released.

And then the real shit-posting will begin.
>>
>>49953305
Yeah, sorry, more of a hobbyfag who occasionally gets to play, sometimes I'm not great with rules.

But hey, even happier that the idea works with old fluff.
>>
>>49953245
Nah I'd rather see something like Indomitus being able to deep-strike without the need of legion wargear or ROW

>>49953025
At least FW remembered to give Custodes assault grenades and a assault variant bolter on their pointy stick so they aren't absolute shit, but only have AP 2 after charging is quite a disaster. Anybody who ever played Phoenix guard terminators can tell you what happens to your dudes when enemy terminators charge you.
>>
>>49953326
>Nice Argument.
When WS get their Jetbike Power Glaive AP2 legion specific squad, that will be a better argument.
>>
File: community_image_1409229152.gif (202KB, 811x434px) Image search: [Google]
community_image_1409229152.gif
202KB, 811x434px
>>49953362
they've functioned as cameras and torches in Space Hulk, but it's some kind of pre-markerlight markerlight kind of deal. A targeting computer doohickey thing.
>>
>>49953230
Yeah, to be honest when I look at better alternatives I come up with nothing. That Flare Shield should really be Atomantic Shielding.
>>
>>49953380
True I assume they will get Landraiders and the such.
>>49953354
Having to waste a turn, they should have just had access to a transport of some kind.
>>
>>49953354
Not in 30k you can't. Better get those running boots on your golden dudes because they'll be in for a long walk.
>>
>>49952528
Wait wtf, in the old fluff bolter rounds were supposed to fit pistols and all bolters.
kinda the whole point of having one single ammo type, because just imagine the production and logistics nightmare during any war, let alone a galaxy wide rebellion.
>>
>>49944705

Why can't I find the Imperial Army on the FW HH section?
>>
>>49953531
This is why I rejected those calibers from my headcanon. All bolters and bolt pistols are suppose to be able to use the exact same bullets because STC.
>>
>>49953448
Or maybe a deep-strike-but-you-can-disordered-charge-from-it squad upgrade.
>>49953414
But that's what you have the sentinals with a rerollable 4++ and rending for.
>>
>>49953550
Because it's under "Imperialis Militia & Cults" or "Solar Auxilia" in the main list?
>>
>>49953434
Till then
we get EC spears with a gun.
It should be +1 attack ap2 not +1 S
>>
>>49953531
Makes sense in 40k, where things have settled in. Possible that even (some) HH era bolters were retrofitted to use the same munitions.

But during the Heresy there was much of a unified pattern on things. There were a lot of different militaries, ideologies and policies in place, and new tech being discovered. Possible there's a lot of different bolter patterns because they were trying to figure out the bolter to find the optimal loadout or different groups were demanding the bolters to do different things. One legion might want bigger punch while the other longer lasting supplies. So Mechanicum made both.
>>
>>49953465
Where does it say that? Genuinely asking, we've got six books plus assorted red books so there's a lot of text to look through to find it myself.
>>
>>49953566
What STC? Bolters and power armour were based on the weapons and equipment used by techno-barbarians and various factions during the Age of Strife on Terra. Just like Terminator armour, they don't have an STC behind them, they were just developed to suit the need.

Don't think 30k is same as 40k.
>>
>>49953634
Under the allies matrix in any book. Sworn brethren can't embark in allies transports at all ever
>>
>>49953736
https://img.fireden.net/tg/image/1461/51/1461518632701.png
>>
Quick question;

Shattered Legion, EC and BA. Traitors.

RoW; Armoured Breaktrough.

Without Host of Angels, this would allow us to have Assault cannon preds, with the added bonus of having acces to units from the most perfect legion! Good/bad idea?
>>
>>49953670
>Bolters and
power/terminator armour is a non-STC creation, but I don't think bolters were new tech

The vehicles and weapons of the great crusade were largely STC. The only one I can think of that's explicitly not one would be Land's Speeder.
>>
>>49953736
Agents of the Emperor should be able to.
>Legionnary, I have the authority of the Emperor, I require that Land Raider for my mission. Your cooperation will be appreciated.
>>
>>49952839
How did it hit with a conversion beamer? They're blasts. Even if it got grounded by the knight, it grounds at the end of the phase so you could take off again before getting shot again.
>>
>>49953791
Well you'll have to wait for FW to change them from being Sworn Brothers. Custodes well get their own stuff soon enough
>>
>>49953771
>largely STC

Based on what? Where do you see mention of PA or Bolter STC? Why is the Mechanicum designing and developing brand new suit designs radically different from one another if there's an STC they need to follow? Why does the fluff for the terminator armour say that they took a hazardous environment exo-suit used by space ship crews and mated it with dread and power armour tech, if there's an STC for it?

Were all the nation of Terra using power armour and bolters also in possession of the same STC pieces to make their bolters and power armour?
>>
>>49953765
The two prettiest legions romp about, being fabulous together.

Tbh I'm suprised I haven't seen this done before. Do it.
>>
File: kyr.png (725KB, 630x630px) Image search: [Google]
kyr.png
725KB, 630x630px
Is Kyr Vhalen worth his points? He looks pretty good.
>>
>>49953670
>>49953771
Power armour is at least based on STC. Otherwise it would be a coincidence of astronomical proportions that the knights on Caliban were still using a form of power armour extremely similiar looking to that of space marines. And there was also that small human nation that had a lot of STC prints which had its soldiers clad in a carbon copy of power armour marines use, if only smaller Horus used that nation to 'train' his marines in killing other marines without hesitation, and pretty much wiped them out so he could use those STC prints to bribe half the mechanicum into joining his cause
>>
>>49953771
>The only one I can think of that's explicitly not one would be Land's Speeder.

Except that there totally is, it's based on an STC that Land discovered.
>>
First time painting minis, how am I looking? Sorry about shaky camera syndrome
>>
Pt II. Shadow and stuff isn't coming out very well.
>>
>>49953976
nah, you're thinking of land's raider

Land's speeder was an original creation. The thing he found in the crypts was data to further his research on anti-grav plates.
>>
>>49948265
I'm a bit sad that the Salamanders got dick punched so badly, but they recovered better than the Iron Hands, so that's something.
>>
>>49953267
... And this leaves his sons in disarray.
>>
>>49953986
>>49954011
maybe because they are covered in wash.
>>
So, after my War Convocation is finished and I have a few more Inquisitors ready, I was thinking of starting 30k Iron Hands or Iron Warriors. a) What do the legions do differently and b) would it be easy to eBay up some BaC termies and Contemptor dreadnoughts as well as the BoP MK3 for a reasonable price, or will it shoot up in the next few months before I have everything else done? I really like the MK3 over the MK4? from BaC but I don't want all the other stuff from the BoP set.
Was thinking of either doing Iron Warriors/Solar Auxilia for bodies and cool aesthetic or Iron Hands mechanised list w/ Dreads and Vindicators as well as maybe some Mechanicum stuff like the Thallax. Would either of those be feasible and what units would I absolutely need? Haven't looked into the rules in detail yet, I just think it would be cool for my first 30k army.
Also, are Primarchs a rare thing to see or could I fit Ferrus or Pert in a 2-3k list fairly easily?
>>
>>49953550
Dude, man, anon. I had a terrible time finding the legion astartes age of darkness army list.
In fact if i had to find it again, i wouldn't be able to in that mess of an OP
>>
>>49953791
>Hang on a second, what is this thing made of?
>>Sir?
>Adamantium and Plasteel? Where's the Auric compounds?
>>Isn't that kind of a soft me-
>There's no What Would The Man-Emperor Of Mankind Do? poster in here.
>>A what?
>Oh, and I see there's no fuzzy aquillas over the dashboard either.
>Nope, I'm just going to have to find a better Land Raider, one with a sauna.
And that's why Custodes can't borrow LRs
>>
>>49954042
That was a choice I made, I decided I wanted them to be dirty besieged marines. Not finished with the weathering or battle damage etc yet.
>>
File: WATCH IT GUILLI.jpg (447KB, 1021x993px) Image search: [Google]
WATCH IT GUILLI.jpg
447KB, 1021x993px
>WATCH IT GUILLI

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>49954011
>>49953986
What this >>49954042 fellow human said. You don't really want to be washing large flat panels or you get, well, the effect you're seeing. Try just washing around the edges/recesses.
>>
>>49953929
yes
>>
>>49953940
>extremely similiar looking to that of space marines

Think you mean "shitty writing".

At best you could make the argument for thunder armour having some STC print somewhere, but MkII was designed with the Great Crusade in mind. MkIII came out during the Crusade to give a more protected suit for situations that calls for it. MkIV used whole new technology and materials discovered and had a completely different design philosophy to the previous suits, learned during the Crusade. MkV was born from the need of suits and utilized older technology of the MkII and III with simpler armour style of the MkIV. MkVI and VII improved on the ideas of the MkIV while also keeping repair, maintenance and modularity in mind.

It's amazingly coincidental that all these designs just happened to have STCs for them, which were presumably dissevered just at the right time to meet all the needs of the Imperium. And that colonists in the ass end of space happened to have just the identical copies of those designs, seeing that STC is an adaptive program and for three planets to have identical situations, material and technology to create identical suits of armour, is truly a coincidence of astronomical proportions.

Also, why is there an STC on Terra? STC was made for colonists to help them get started. There's no need for an STC on Terra, it's not a colony. All the tech and knowledge is already there.
>>
>>49954098
Sorry, didn't see you'd already replied here >>49954083.
>>
>>49954098
>>49954140
No worries. I get the point of washes is to define recesses and all that, but like I said before, going fucknuts with the Agrax made them look like they're wet and muddy and covered in ash and shit

It looks better in person I think, those shots aren't great really
>>
>>49954127
Mk1 was used developped and used during the unification wars on terra.
Once terra was unified mk2 crusade armour was developed, you guessed it, for the crusade.
>>
Does anyone here have experience with converting the Betrayal at Calth box terminators into Red Butchers?

As an unrelated note, how would you run Khorne Daemonkin while keeping to the 30k fluff?
I imagine it'd just be the minimal number of Marines possible to represent Chaos worshiping worlds, but still.
>>
File: oc-donut-steel.jpg (39KB, 528x103px) Image search: [Google]
oc-donut-steel.jpg
39KB, 528x103px
>>49954014
Yeah, so Land finds plans for anti-grav plates and how to utilize them, a discovery that leads to the construction of the Land Speeder. The STC had nothing to do with it. Land had the idea all along, it's just a coincidence that this STC pretty much is the thing that makes it a speeder and not a nice open metal box with two seats.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dm8J-kaezWM

Praise be upon him, Duncan has appeared!
>>
>>49954127
>Also, why is there an STC on Terra? STC was made for colonists to help them get started. There's no need for an STC on Terra, it's not a colony. All the tech and knowledge is already there.

Well the STC had to be made somewhere. And I can't imagine the guys who made it handed out copies to everybody leaving, and then went "Well we're not colonizing here, CTRL+A DELETE THIS SHIT !"
>>
>>49954205
The MkI was similar to the suits worn by other factions on Terra, so while it might have been made from ground up, the technology in it wasn't exactly cutting edge and brand new.
>>
File: Awesomeness.png (216KB, 552x335px) Image search: [Google]
Awesomeness.png
216KB, 552x335px
Im getting a Fellblade for my Iron Hands since after the last event, I realized I had no solid way of dealing with heavy infantry (or just a decent amount of infantry for that matter). Do you guys think that a Fellblade is enough to deal with blobs or do they need backup? I have a Land Raider with a Preator and termies inside, but I was thinking of also getting a duo of Vindicators, is this the way to go or is it too boring? is there another way to deal with red butchers and the like?
>>
>>49952062

Alright, made the changes you suggested. I could lower the amount of Termies even further and bling the vehicles.

HQ

Legion Centurion (70)
[Boarding Shield, Power Armour, Volkite Charger]

Troops

Legion Breacher Siege Squad (420)
Sergeant
[Artificer Armour]
Legion Land Raider Proteus
[Armoured Ceramite]

Legion Breacher Siege Squad (420)
Sergeant
[Artificer Armour]
Legion Land Raider Proteus
[Armoured Ceramite]

Elites

Contemptor-Mortis Dreadnought (185)
[Extra Armour, Two Kheres Pattern Assault Cannons]

Legion Terminator Squad (330)
[Cataphractii, 2x Chainfist, Iliastus Pattern Assault Cannon, 6x Legion Terminators,5x Vigil Pattern Storm Shield]
Sergeant
[Vigil Pattern Storm Shield]

Legion Veteran Tactical Squad (220)
[9x Legion Veteran Space Marines, Marksmen, 2x Missile Launcher and Suspensor Web]
Sergeant
[Artificer Armour]

Heavy Support

Legion Artillery Tank Squadron (145)
Legion Basilisk
[Extra Armour]

Legion Spartan Assault Tank (325)
[Armoured Ceramite]

Lord of War

Rogal Dorn (385)
Master of the Legion [The Stone Gauntlet]
>>
>>49954228
Well, I'm right. They took the plates and made a new thing with them.

Much like terminator armour is a new creation, despite technically just being modified exo-armour.
>>
>>49954247
Oh, look at that, gold with wash and highlight. Just like I predicted.
>>
>>49954179
Nah, it makes them look slimy. Trust me, I've seen many examples of washed/dipped minis, and it never looks as good as you'd think it does. You're way better off painting up a clean, matte yellow, and going to town with weathering powders and the like afterwards.

>>49954286
Looks ded killy. Dorn's hanging out with the Breachers in the Spartan, and Centurion's hanging out with the veterans? Are they getting transported?
>>
>>49954286
FYI, veterans choose their skill before every game, not during army selection, no matter what Battlescribe says.
>>
>>49954294
>Well, I'm right.

In claiming that Land Speeder doesn't have an STC? No, you're not. Unless you're gonna move to goalpost and say "well, having an STC that makes it possible doesn't count." There's plenty of STCs that aren't complete and have led to machines built from them. Does this mean they're not STC things either?
>>
>>49954270
nothing in 30k was really cutting edge, everything was outclassed by dark age technology.
>>
>>49954294
So by your logic if I weld a large box between two bicycles, that is something completely new and not based on previous, already excisting technology.
>>
>>49954295
Nothing wrong with teaching the basics of painting. Most people can't even be bothered to do washes ( t.40k general).
>>
>>49954343
this, STCs don't always produce complete products.

Some only produce components which are then used in vehicles or equipment not made with STCs.

Think of an engine produced by an STC which is them fitted in a different Tank.
>>
>>49954249
>Well the STC had to be made somewhere.

Probably on Mars. That's where they're looking for the damn things constantly, from the old archives and vast hidden complexes. I don't remember anyone going through Terra with a fine-tooth comb to find an STC there.

Besides, what are the chances that the supposed STC cache on Terra was found and put into use by warlords allover the place. And that the armour they produced would be identical to ones halfway across the galaxy in some colony? Even in 40k where STC designs are followed as the word of God, there's differences in designs from factory to factory. Ryza makes different Russes than Mars, etc. Yet 3 planets produce identical suits of armour with a proper STC and not a hard printout like in 40k?
>>
>>49954273
Vindicators on the outflank are my answer to most things, tho the fellblade is pretty good at removing lots of dudes and tanks alike
>>
>>49954390
Someone taking a horse-drawn carriage and replacing the horses with a locomotive engine would be something new, yes.
>>
>>49954400
Ragnarok doesn't have an STC, but I'm sure many of its components had.
>>
>>49954475
Finding an combustion engines and instructions on how to use it for propelling a vehicle, and then just building a wagon around it isn't exactly OC donut steel.
>>
>>49954346
Cutting edge in terms of all the other warlords on Terra at the time.
>>
>>49954395
In an old thread anon lamented that he has to get rid of his Custodes because he can't paint them. I just told him to paint them bold, wash and highlight. Which was promptly deemed to be a sloppy tabletop quality paintjob not worthy of the Custodes. I said that just you wait for the Duncan video, he'll just slap them with some gold, a wash and highlights. And so he did.
>>
>>49954525
correct, but it's technically donut steel

STC's a very specific thing in-universe. And if I'm being obnoxiously pedantic, the plates themselves aren't STC technology either. They're just old technology.
>>
>>49954334
Thanks, had no idea!
>>
>>49954465
And yet, during the Age of Strife :
>The Tech-priests then visited Terra, sometimes raiding it for remnants of technology they could take home and adapt to their purpose

So all information was at least spread across places, including those that didn't require colonisation anymore.
>>
>>49954332
Yeah Dorn is getting in the Spartan with the termies to tag with the breachers. Fuck i forgot about the vets transport... oh well time to reduce the amount of termies (bare minimum?) XD
>>
>>49954639
Can't have two squads in one vehicle.
>>
>>49954273
Fellblades are 100% quality. Good at everything they do and well costed.
>>
>>49944705

>>/HHG/'s allegiances
>www.strawpoll.me/10663447

Are Alpha Legions really that popular or just a meme vote?
>>
>>49954596
Tech, sure. Imperium constantly finds old tech that they try to reverse engineering. Those wouldn't be STC designs either.

>>49954587
It's more about which led to the thing being made. If Land didn't find the grav plates, then he wouldn't have been able to make the speeder as is. And if he had found another solution, even if similar to the STC, then it wouldn't really be the STC that's to thank for the design, because it didn't play any role in the development of the speeder.
>>
>>49954687
Both, I would imagine.
>>
>>49954687
They're both.
>>
>>49954687
Yes
>>
>>49954273
What about a Glaive? Yea, or fuck no it's shit?
>>
>>49954671
then might as well give Dorn the bodyguards instead and cut the termie squad?
>>
>>49954775
From what I've seen it's ok-ish. Can do fun things against infantery, absolutely not worth the points when facing a lot of vehicles.
>>
>>49954850
because the beam thing won't be able to line many things up in each shot, and also because it's 100pts more than the fellblade?
>>
>>49954775
Great against anything with a toughness and good against other super heavies. Could wipe vehicle squadrons if you have the angle, but don't count on it. The side lascannons are helpful but best to include something that can handle multiple non super heavy vehicles.
>>
>>49954903
Exactly. Any opponent who isn't braindead will take some effort making sure his infantery isn't lined up for execution, or safely inside rhinos to which the Glaive's main gun only does a single haywire attack. It can CHOOM! a unit with a single shot, but the circumstances for that are not easy to get.
>>
>>49954937
How is it good against other superheavies ? The beam hits it with 1+D3 haywire hits, but for most super-heavies (that matter at least) 4 hullpoints is not that big of a deal.
>>
>>49954072
>Auric Land Raider with a sauna and jaccuzi
This is now my headcannon for Custodian Raiders.
>>
>>49955036
Typhons only have 6, Knights only have 6. 4HP is a big deal. The best you can do with a single shot form normal AT is to get an explodes result which will do an additional d3 HPs(so 1+d3 in total for a max of 4). The glaive is an almost guaranteed explodes result
>>
>>49955098
But a Falchion is cheaper and hits things with the D with an even longer range. And can also do the same as a Sicaran Venator.
>>
File: 1470905100125.jpg (630KB, 888x693px) Image search: [Google]
1470905100125.jpg
630KB, 888x693px
>>49954095
>>
>>49954525
t. chinese intelectual property
>>
>>49954687
Yes. I mean, kind of.
Well, not really, no, but in a way, it's complicated. But victory, that's for sure. Unless...
>>
File: editorsnotes.png (97KB, 192x239px) Image search: [Google]
editorsnotes.png
97KB, 192x239px
>>
>>49955184
Glaive does more HPs on average, 3, vs Falchions 2. The Falchion has potential to do more HPs on a 6, but the Glaive ignores cover spreads it's damage across multiple hits in case the target has an invul save.

I forgot the Falchion got the wave generator in the new book. That is pretty great. That considered I would say they're both pretty great now and there isn't a wrong answer. Both have sexy models. I would lean towards Glaive if you face a lot of boots on the ground too, and Falchion if you face super heavies you want shaken and/or spartans.

I would go glaive myself still, because it averages more HPs and I have a lightning for spartans.
>>
>>49954095
he meant he was about to lose the battle of calth :^)
>>
File: 1467660305352.jpg (4KB, 87x99px) Image search: [Google]
1467660305352.jpg
4KB, 87x99px
>>49955411
>forthcoming
>>
>>49953929
DEpends on the rest of your army like every character
>>
>>49955600
New.
Thread posts: 322
Thread images: 35

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.