[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fa/tg/uys I have a question, looking on 1d4chan for something

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 161
Thread images: 28

File: image.jpg (16KB, 315x176px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
16KB, 315x176px
Fa/tg/uys I have a question, looking on 1d4chan for something new to watch I managed to find pic related.

Tell me what you like about. If it's worth a watch or not
>>
>>49925482
This is one of my favorite shows actually. It's a little shaky at first, and there are one or two major animation glitches, (if you see a woman running along a rooftop, just close your eyes for a bit, trust me) but otherwise it's pretty great. The monsters are interesting, the weapons are insane, the characters are interesting and deeper than you might expect, and the action scenes are some of the best I've ever seen. Without going into spoilers, the third volume is by far the best, and the fourth just started up yesterday. So, I'd highly recommend giving it a try.
>>
>>49925482
It is shit.
But it is my shit.
I love it so fucking much.
>>
>>49925482
> Volume 1: Bad animation, but amazing fight scenes. Dorky slice of life goodness. Literally just introducing the characters.
> Volume 2: Some more focus, and plotlines are being set up. Fights are still good, and the animation has had some improvements.
> Volume 3: The creator/main fight animator died. Most of the fights have taken a dip in quality, with some badass exceptions, but the overall animation has gotten even better. The plt ge- wait what? WHAT? WHAT THE FUCK WHY IS PLOT DOING THINGS JESUS CHRIST WHAT THE FUCK NO
> Volume 4: Episode 1 is out.
>>
>>49925482

It's shit.

Poor plotting, paper-thin characters, awkward attempts to borrow anime thematics, more inconsistency in power levels than Naruto - and the latter leads to the occasional rabid fanwanker.

But it can be mildly enjoyable shit... barring the retarded timeskip, deus ex sharingan, and utter letdown regarding a certain character finally fighting (for all of thirty seconds, and it's inconsistent as fuck).
>>
>>49925567
>>49925584
>>49925656

OP here, I may very well binge watch the series tomorrow. Thanks
>>
>>49925482
It's mean for people who still watch Robot Chicken, AKA 15 year old children.
>>
It's awful for switching reasons.

You watch it at first for the good fights, in spite of the worse-than-the-worst-shounen-anime plotline, but then Monty Oum dies just in time for the writing to improve, so now the plot is merely mediocre, but so are the fights.

It's basically just not worthwhile.
>>
>>49925482
YES. It is a foundation of "American" Anime. It is worth checking out. Just do not expect a world class anime, it is a unique show with heavy downsides and upsides.
>>
>>49925482
Fights are awesome. As long as you remember that everything else (writing, plot, etc) is just there to provide a vehicle for the fights, they're tolerable too.
>>
>>49925482
Aggressively mediocre. It's fine to watch if you have nothing else, but there's better shows that do the same general thing of "people fighting in dangerworld"
>>
>>49925482
kys
>>
>>49925482
It's recolored 3d touhou models stapled to a standard animu plot.
So pretty good if you're the kind of person who liked machinimas. Because that's pretty much what it is.
Also the fight scenes are good.
>>
>>49925482
Basically "How Many High School Anime Cliches Can We Cram Into A Single Series: The Show"
Fight scenes are alright, though.
>>
>>49925584
You. I appreciate you.

>>49925656
This is almost entirely true. Especially season 3. Oh god season three.
>>
>>49928141
there's no fucking weight to them

they're all floaty bullshit
>>
It is what it is. Cool fight scenes with mediocre everything else. Honestly I like the setting of the show better than the actual show itself.

But yea I guess it's worth a watch if you're between shows.
>>
>>49925482
>Cliched plot
>Cliched characters
>Mildly interesting setting
>90% of all character development is done though moping
>Fights range from pretty good to god-awful with a pretty heavy leaning toward Devil May Cry/Bayonetta style spectacle fighting
>Voice acting ranges from passable to god-awful
>Weapon designs range from pretty cool to god-awful (A goddamn flamethrower coffee thermos, really?)
>Kill off the only half-way interesting villain in favor of generic evil fire lady and a last-minute reveal of an evil lady we know absolutely nothing about
>>
>>49925567
>the third volume is by far the best
Are you kidding? That's when they cranked the cliches up to 11.
>Generic tournament arc
>Miss Broody McTrust-Issues runs off yet again because guilt and trust issues
>Not-Vergil-from-Devil-May-Cry is introduced by having him one-shot the established "tough guy" character to show off how "badass" he is
>Ruby gets some secret hidden last minute bullshit chosen one power linked to her unusually colored eyes that is the only thing the bad guys fear, which is triggered by rage at the loss of a friend
>>
>>49925656
>Volume 4: Episode 1 is out
>For people that are paying members of the animation team's site.

>>49928212
>an evil lady we know absolutely nothing about
I'm pretty sure that that was still Cinder(the fire lady).
>>
>>49929261
I think evil lady we know nothing about is Salem, the weird demonic woman at the end of season 3.

Not that evil lady we know absolutely nothing about is a bad thing. It's not like mysterious evil villain who's been puppeteering things from the shadows is an inherently bad character for that alone.
>>
>>49929289
So it is. I just assumed that she was the same person as the established villain, because Cinder does stuff with Grimm, and Salem looks like a Grimm. Not a hard jump to make between manipulating Grimm and becoming part-Grimm. At least not to my mind.
>>
File: RWBY.jpg (25KB, 516x290px) Image search: [Google]
RWBY.jpg
25KB, 516x290px
>>49929320
I've seen the first episode of S4, the first scene involves cinder and salem in the same room.
>>
>>49925482
The only proper response to anything involving Rooster Teeth is just to start chanting 'YOU SOLD OUT! YOU SOLD OUT!' until they fucking go away.
>>
Here's one reason to watch it.
>>
>>49929602

Why does she have two arms...
>>
>>49925482
Someone's already said it. It's strictly shit but it has charm, and I do actually really enjoy watching it despite its flaws. Watch it for the cute characters, fun fight scenes (particularly in the first two volumes), and good music, and don't expect a perfectly written grand epic. Volume three showed that it was at least trying to make an effort, as hit and miss as it was, but it was a sign the quality of the show was improving, if only by baby steps.

Played a few games of an unofficial RWBY tabletop some time last year. It was fun.
>>
>>49928212
>Kill off
>he thinks he's dead
Oh, you poor naive man.
>>
>>49925567
Go back to spacebattles
>>
>>49928293
>last minute bullshit
>implying it wasn't hinted at from the first episode

Also, every keeps throwing around "cliche" as if it's automatically a bad thing. There are no original stories any more. I'd like to hear a single story ever that isn't cliche in some way or another.
>>
>>49929503
Right. God forbid anyone make any profit from hard work. They should just put all that time and effort into making shows for free. Who needs to eat or pay rent, amirite?
>>
I want shotgun gloves.
>>
>>49930046
Okay, but you can only have one.
>>
>>49930079
I'm hoping she gets a mechanical arm like Ironwood's, with her other gauntlet incorporated into it.
>>
File: bSq6tkG.jpg (172KB, 700x500px) Image search: [Google]
bSq6tkG.jpg
172KB, 700x500px
>>49930121
Rocket arm or riot
>>
>>49930138
I can take or leave the rocket punch attachment, but the arm has to be gold-colored. 100% has to be.
>>
>>49930168
black with gold heart motif/flames on it, or gold with black flames
>>
>>49930275
Oh, so you're a Blake/Yang shipper, huh? I mean, I can get behind it; I mean out of all of them, Blake was the most attached to Yang.
>>
>>49925482
>>>/co/

>>49929973
>an unofficial RWBY tabletop
have you got the .pdf? might as well make this thread even vaguely /tg/ related
>>
>>49930434
I'm pretty sure it's the first result in google, unless that anon has a more complete one.
>>
>>49925482
Some guy I know recommended it - took one look at the first episode and saw that it's super autistic and also gay as all fuck.
>>
>>49930434
Hopefully this PDF works, but it was the one we used when playing. I didn't get enough chances to play to get a proper feel for the system, so I can't speak for quality, but I did enjoy the games. It might be out of date now, but I haven't been keeping up with its progress in a while. And in hindsight judging by the file name I must have played earlier this year, not last. Oh well, minor details.
>>
File: 1477270462182[1].webm (3MB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
1477270462182[1].webm
3MB, 853x480px
>>49925482
I would instead reccomend you watch ViVid Strike, which is airing this season and is about magical girls mma featuring the best anti-bullying ranger to date.
>>
File: would you a nexus.gif (32KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
would you a nexus.gif
32KB, 500x500px
Well I've heard the abbrevation before and this is the first time I found out what it is or what it stands for.
I'm both amazed and a little bit disgusted by how little it takes to get people entertained. RWBY is what young white middle-class people really want, and it's fucking sad.
>>
>>49930666
thanks mane
>>
>>49925482
Animation: 4/10
Plot: 6.5/10
Waifus: 8/10
Fight scenes: 8/10
Overall, it's decent, I like it but I can't really put my finger on exactly why, probably the fight scenes since they are pretty neat.
>>
>>49930715
That just looks like edgy garbage.
>>
>>49930764
>Things I like are inherently better than things I don't like
>>
>>49925482
I've seen all of it.
It's bad.
Fun concept, but it's bad.
>>
Blake a best
>>
>>49930865
When did he say this though?
>>
>>49925482
I keep watching it but I think I finally understand the phrase "No one hates Dr Who as much as Dr Who fans."
>>
>>49930121
99% chance she'll end up with one (after they milk her moping about being down an arm as much as possible, of course)
>>
>>49930029
>hinted at from the first episode
It wasn't, but even if it was, everything else I said about it is still true. It's still a secret hidden bullshit chosen one power linked to her unusually colored eyes that is the only thing the bad guys fear, which is triggered by rage at the loss of a friend.
>>
>>49930029
When? When was it ever hinted at? (Never.)
>>
>>49925567
>/r/roosterteeth
>>
File: Yang Ground Pound.gif (3MB, 328x116px) Image search: [Google]
Yang Ground Pound.gif
3MB, 328x116px
>>49929602
Stolen character design, but pretty fun.

I hate the dumb Barbara puns, though, it's the kind of shitty inside joke that doesn't fit
>>
File: Angry Best Girl Noises.gif (709KB, 500x250px) Image search: [Google]
Angry Best Girl Noises.gif
709KB, 500x250px
>>49931313
>>49931333
Literally in the first episode, when Ozpin is first talking to Ruby. He doesn't give the whole backstory, but he does say that the eyes are the sign of a warrior. kys

And oh no, the main character of an anime has a super-special power, above and beyond everyone else. Stop the fucking presses.
>>
Are there any systems out there that portray combo-fighting well? Multiple attacks strung together, pop ups, aerial moves. Etc.
>>
>>49932400
Feng Shui is my go-to "ludicrous anime fight bullshit". I know Fireborn has a deep system for stringing together moves, but it's broken because you can just throw karma at problems until you win.

>>49930666
>>49930803
Assuming filename is accurate, it's out of date. Here's the June update, which I think is the latest one. I haven't played it, but I know they did some big revisions.
>>
>>49932394
Weiss a bitch
>>
>>49932400
If you go balls-deep into Anima's Ki abilities, you can get some pretty ridiculous shit. Might not be exactly what you're looking for, though.
>>
>>49932400
Could work in FATE, actually, with each part of a combo being an aspect you tag your enemy with before you finally do an attack (which is actually how "optimal" combat in that system plays out).

I think the more closely you are trying to mechanically represent this shit, the more bogged down your game will be, which is why I'd recommend a system that cares more about the "what" than the "how".
>>
File: Weiss.png (1MB, 2556x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Weiss.png
1MB, 2556x1440px
>>49932484
Run away, blakefag.
>>
>>49932533
>Weiss on the left
What manner of shit wallpaper is this?
>>
File: Weiss Pose.jpg (305KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Weiss Pose.jpg
305KB, 1920x1080px
>>49932551
>he uses icons on his desktop
>it isn't just a solid picture of his waifu

Step up your game
>>
>>49925482
There are two kinds of RWBY fans.
1. People who are there for the waifus. If "KyoAni" doesn't have a negative connotation in your mind, this is you.
2. RoosterTeeth fans. RT fans would eat a steaming bowl of diarrhea if someone pissed a RT logo in it like latte art, and that's basically what this show is.
>>
>>49932569
>he doesn't replace all his icons with more pictures of his waifu to fill waifu-less space on his desktop
>>
>>49932437
I figured it would have been updated since. Thanks for sending this my way though, I think I'll give it another read, refresh my memory and see what's changed.

>>49932588
I don't think that's strictly true, although I admit, it makes up a huge amount of the fanbase. I'm a little of collumn A, but I was first drawn in by the style they use for their fights, the music, and now that we know a little more about it, the world, which is actually shows a decent amount of promise.
>>
>>49932533
I like catgirls though. If Weiss was a catgirl i'd like her too
>>
File: image.png (1MB, 1366x705px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1MB, 1366x705px
>>49932519

>I think the more closely you are trying to mechanically represent this shit, the more bogged down your game will be, which is why I'd recommend a system that cares more about the "what" than the "how".

Exactly this. My group tried running a game with anima but the mechanics were too roll heavy. I feel like it should be simple as possible, mostly focusing more on if you successfully complete an action than damage modifiers and that kind of stuff (if that makes sense?)

>>49931268
I really hope they don't go overboard on her moping around about her arm thing. I get it's a big deal for her character and all but nobody wants to watch an entire season of yang being a depressed/angsty bitch.

Also remnant board game when.
>>
>>49932588
So if I don't have any waifus, and I don't like red vs blue.... Where does that put me?
>>
>>49932753
Someone who likes mediocre anime?

I'm in all three categories
>>
>>49932753
You could be in it for the unholy quantity of fanworks?

Most of the people on the /u/ general stick with the show because of this.
>>
>>49928192
Thank you
>>
>>49931040
>Blake a worst
FTFY
>>
>>49925567
>characters are interesting and deeper than you might expect
>Hyper-active and innocent girl who pretty much exists to have her innocence destroyed a little bit at a time
>Bitchy rich girl who feels lonely and isolated
>Broody chick with trust issues
>Punny tough chick with a 2kool4skool attitude
>Bumbling but well-meaning guy out to prove himself
>Hyperactive and lolsoquirky spazz
>Skilled and famous prodigy who just wants someone to treat her like a normal person
>Stoic straight man
So deep. So interesting.
>>
>>49932569
You picked the worst Schnee.
>>
It's shit follows every anime trope around and has glaring issues in both plot and chracters

Yet I still watch
>>
Character designs go from cool to fucking why

Ice cream murder bitch is a 10/10 always
>>
File: Coco.Adel.full.1906613.jpg (569KB, 700x1190px) Image search: [Google]
Coco.Adel.full.1906613.jpg
569KB, 700x1190px
I think a system that differentiates Light/Medium/Heavy attacks as well as knockups/downs would be a good way for showing off combos. You'd get enough actions each turn that you can make multiple light attacks, move& make a medium attack, or just make a single heavy attack. Perhaps each consecutive successful attack makes your dice more likely to crit / explode. That way there are decisions to make as to whether you'd rather make lots of weaker attacks in order to have a better chance of building up crits, or to just brute force heavy attacks.

It's how I'd start, but I'm sure there are myriad problems with the system / somebody has done it before except better.
>>
>>49933089
Fight! the RPG?
>>
>>49930320
Until everything fell apart, Yang was soundly disarmed by Adam in that fight, and now Blake ran away to protect her loved ones by running straight to mommy and daddy.

Blake worst girl.
>>
>>49933011
Winter has been soiled by Qrow. Not sure how she can possibly count as anything except average.
>>
This isn't even vaguely disguised.
>>>/co/
But anyway, I watched for the fight scenes, stayed for the music and qts. Now I'm just waiting to see how long it takes for the show to crash and burn.
>>
>>49932753
I dislike shippers and RvB, and I still love the show. I like it because of the worldbuilding, and because it's actually got pretty realistic writing in its inter-teen dialogue. Despite what some whiny bitches on this thread would tell you, it's not angsty at all. People's personal problems get solved in frank discussions (Blake's obsession, Jaune's clumsiness with girls, Pyrrha being unable to spit it out), people reconcile after arguments like the college-age people they are, and the ethics of child soldiers are actually touched on at the end of volume 2 when Ozpin nearly loses his job.
>>
File: 1473966461972.png (190KB, 262x488px) Image search: [Google]
1473966461972.png
190KB, 262x488px
>>49933166
>yang will never punish blake lewdly
>>
>>49925482

It's shitty animation, but can be cute. Writing's pretty nice.

Tbh I love gunblades and I like JRPG settings and this has both

it's shit but it's my shit
>>
>>49925482
Bad animation, cliche plot, nonsensical fight scenes, one dimensional characters.

It's on par with your chosen shonen fighting anime of choice in terms of content but with even lower production quality.
>>
So from most remarks is this literally guilty pleasure the show?
>>
File: 7f1.jpg (2MB, 1252x1920px) Image search: [Google]
7f1.jpg
2MB, 1252x1920px
>>49933714
No, I enjoy it honestly. I think it's genuine fun.
>>
>>49925482
Much as I hate to be one of the THIS DOESN'T BELONG HERE, GET OUT! REEEEEEEEEE! people, this belongs on /co/. It's not "Hey, what's a good system for running _____?", it's "Hey, is _____ worth watching?", which does not fall under /tg/.
>>
File: RWBY Pyyrha.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
RWBY Pyyrha.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>49933714
I dunno if that term applies. Lots of people like the show, they just acknowledge that it's B-tier at best; enjoyable, but lacking. Guilty pleasure generally assumes something no one but you likes.
>>
>>49932588
>2 kinds
you forgot a 3rd one
>those who find it amusing and use it as background noise while painting miniatures.
>>
>>49933776
...and I almost forgot that they killed off best girl. Dammit.
>>
>>49932706
The scene with Yang in it in the new intro makes it seem like they probably will, but I guess we'll see.
>>
>>49928077
>recoloured 3d touhou models
What the fuck are you even on about
>>
>>49928141
The fights are flashy, and in seasons 1 and 2, when monty was still alive and in charge of them, they were well coreographed if not quite nonsensical due to the writing.
Season 3 fights are dogshit.
>>
>>49933186
What's wrong with Qrow? Everyone likes a weird drunk uncle.
>>
Yes, the quality of the fighting animations have dropped enormously, but the new V4 animations are far better than the V3 ones, now that they've transitioned from trying to ape Monty's frenetic style to simply doing their level best at a different style entirely.
>>
>>49933933

Qrow is golden honestly only thing I really loved in volume 3
>>
This is a legitimately awful show. No, I'm not just doing the whole "I'm a 4chan poster so I hate EVERYTHING!" schtick. I really mean it: This show is terrible in all respects.
It's sad Monty Oum died but that doesn't suddenly make this show good nor does it make it "edgy" or "disrespectful" to acknowledge that it sucks.
>>
>>49934072

How compelling.
>>
>>49934102
If you don't want opinions than why bother asking for them?
>>
>>49934269
I didn't. I'm mocking an opinion that was so clearly absolute, yet lacking in any substance. I laugh at people with absolute yet unsubstantiated opinions.
>>
>>49934313
>OP asks for opinions
>Not OP, but I don't want your opinion lol
Good, I don't care.
>>
>>49932706
>I really hope they don't go overboard on her moping around about her arm thing. I get it's a big deal for her character and all but nobody wants to watch an entire season of yang being a depressed/angsty bitch.

They won't. I went to the V3 screening, and there was a special clip they played before the show that detailed Miles and Gray and Kerry describing the design of the new intro sequence. Miles went out of his way to say this was a volume where people would have time to catch their breath and recover from the quadruple gut-punch of volume 3.
>>
>>49928293
Yeah, but LITERALLY nothing happened in the first two seasons that wasn't either retconned (the grimm invasion via train), should have been summed up in 5 minutes (all the character """development""" and the formation of the teams), or was completely pointless (the Roman fights since we are later told he's been extremely successful despite every moment we see him in action, his plans are failed. Also, every single in-between filler/slice-of-life scene)
>>
>>49932394
I only remember him mentioning her eyes before tailing off, but I'm pon my phone at work so I can't check now.
>>
File: 1476984240050.jpg (199KB, 870x776px) Image search: [Google]
1476984240050.jpg
199KB, 870x776px
>>49927753
>a foundation of "American" Anime
>soulless CG straight out of a cheap JRPG
Why are Americans always so excited about their acceptance of mediocrity?
>>
>>49934566
How absurd. The train thing was never retconned, ANY character interaction can be summed up quickly if you skip things, and Roman's successes aren't off-screen: we see him recruit an entire room of White Fang from the audience's perspective. You're just making things up now.
>>
>>49934778
Stay mad, eurocuck.
>>
>>49925567
>>49925584
>>49925656
You people make me sick.
>>
>>49934994
We see one recruitment sesseion which gets crashed by Blake/Sun, I was more referring to his dust stealing spree which was apparently madly successful but we only see him get interrupted by Ruby+Glenda, stopped by Penny, get his mech destroyed before escaping, and then he's arrested before breaking out and dying.
Retcon doesn't exclusively refer to an event being cut out of the story. Every single time the Grimm breach at the end of Vol.2 is mentioned in Vol.3, it's referred to as a catastrophic failure, and used to point out the fact that Ozpin can't keep the streets safe, and nor can his hunters. What happened, though, was the hole got blown open, a bunch of Grimm came through, and two teams of Hunters IMMEDIATELY mowed down all the Grimm before even a single civilian was harmed. Glenda then patches up the breach. It was an unbelievable success in Beacon's favour, and Ozpin should have been praised for the response time and effectiveness of his Hunters.
So either the event was retconned to be something entirely different than what we saw in Vol.2, or everyone was referencing some other, more disasterous Grimm invasion that happened off-screen between seasons.
>>
>>49932437
Has anyone played this? Is it funtimes?
>>
>>49925482
It's pure autism, and this is coming from a guy that regularly browses the RWBY general and uses it for writing practice.
It's fantastic, because no matter how smashed or tired I am when I post there, or how ridiculous I make my content, it can't possibly be as bad as some of the things that unironically get posted there.
>>
>>49935530
Often a successful containment from one organisation's point of view can be sensationalised into failure that should not have occurred at all from the public's view.
>>
>>49935530
>Retcon doesn't exclusively refer to an event being cut out of the story. Every single time the Grimm breach at the end of Vol.2 is mentioned in Vol.3, it's referred to as a catastrophic failure, and used to point out the fact that Ozpin can't keep the streets safe, and nor can his hunters. What happened, though, was the hole got blown open, a bunch of Grimm came through, and two teams of Hunters IMMEDIATELY mowed down all the Grimm before even a single civilian was harmed. Glenda then patches up the breach. It was an unbelievable success in Beacon's favour, and Ozpin should have been praised for the response time and effectiveness of his Hunters.

Now, THAT I can agree with. It was far less horrible-looking than it was supposed to. They were grossly behind schedule when it came time to make that episode, and the end result looks triumphant, not horrible.

I will point out, though, that it wasn't two teams of Huntsmen. It was RWBY, JNPR, CFVY, ME, Port, Oobleck, Glynda, the Atlas Legion, and the Vale and Atlesian Air Forces.
>>
>>49935530
Roman did take at least some Dust out (at least one or two of those VTOLs escaped in the finale of S1), and lots more was destroyed in the many crashes and explosions. Not totally successful as a heist, but not bad for terrorism.

> two teams of Hunters IMMEDIATELY mowed down all the Grimm before even a single civilian was harmed
That's a huge jump. It was multiple teams >>49935632 lists them. But RWBY say in the conversation afterwards that lots of people were hurt, lots of property was destroyed (there's explicit mention of a two-headed snake crushing a bakery) and that most importantly the who and why are unknown.

Look at it like this- a bunch of guys with guns show up in Times Square and start unloading on civilians, out of the blue. The NYPD and National Guard show up in force and stop them, but not before they cause significant personal harm and property damage. Afterwards, nobody knows who these guys are, why they did this, or where they got the guns. The successful response will be drowned out by the wave of people demanding answers as to why this happened and why it wasn't stopped.
>>
From what little I saw, I can't recommend it. The whole thing feels like it's made up of Deviantart OC doughnut steel anime characters. Between the dialogue, the fight scenes that are just protagonists showing off while their theme plays, and the character design.

I do however shamefully like the music and that's a secret I will take to the grave with me. Barring some really cringey tracks. (You know who you are.)
>>
>>49935754
The fight scenes are amazing, though. Episode 8 V1 and Episode 5 V2 especially are choreographed astonishingly well.
>>
>>49935829
They went downhill over time. I like the battle during the team formation in S1, but S2 was only alright and S3 (a tournament arc when they should have been the best fights of all) was really shitty. If your lead animator and fight director dies, you need to rethink basing the next season of a series of contextless fight scenes.
>>
>>49935894
Yes, the fight quality declined significantly after No Brakes. That's what losing one animator to early death and the other two paranoid breakdowns does to you. It can only get better now, though: they've expanded their animation department from five people to nearly a hundred in the last few years.
>>
>>49935971
I thought it was only one guy who went nuts, the one who posted that manifesto about how he was the only one good enough to fug Monty.
>>
File: 1340345021360.jpg (200KB, 427x512px) Image search: [Google]
1340345021360.jpg
200KB, 427x512px
>>49936060
Yes, I said 'the other two' when I meant 'the other to.'
>>
>>49925482
The setting makes me want stick forks in my eyes if I think about it too much and I never really got what everyone was going on about with the fight scenes.

The characters, on the other hand, are actually really good, primarily the reason why Volume 3 had the reaction that it did.

>tfw you're writing a fic about Eliphas the Inheritor coming to Remnant
>>
File: beep boop combat ready.jpg (748KB, 944x944px) Image search: [Google]
beep boop combat ready.jpg
748KB, 944x944px
How would you play pic-related in a setting?
>>
>>49936606
In my homebrew setting, she would be a potent member of the Botherhood of Adventurers, or maybe the Mercenaries' Guild. Her lack of aging would be easy to pass off as having Tapped the Well of Life, but her lack of flesh would blow her cover fast. In Eberron, perhaps a prototype Warforged. In Planescape, she'd be a mild curiosity at best.

Where I would have mad fun with her would be Gothic Earth. Penny in Victorian, vampire-haunted London? Utter chaos.
>Ghouls?
SWORD TO THE FACE.
>Flying Vampires?
KAMAHAMEHAAAAA
>>
>>49925482
If it hasn't already been said, this is how you watch it...
First, all four trailers. They are what the show is about, fight scenes, and it gets you invested in the characters.
Next, Volume 1, if you have the DVD play as movie, if not then just binge it all in one shot, shouldn't take too long. It's got 2 minute episodes where nothing happens, it all makes WAY more sense as a single movie that just happens to have three plot arcs, one of which is terrible but it's about the fight scenes.

Then watch Volumes 2, 3, and now 4 normally, episode by episode, pace yourself if you want, or binge it, whatever.
>>
>>49936656
>In Eberron, perhaps a prototype Warforged

I know there's a storage space modification Warforged can get. There's got to be some kind of Spellsword feat to do her sword stuff, or maybe you just buy a bunch of Dancing Sowrds.
>>
>>49936547
>The characters, on the other hand, are actually really good,

See, I'm a fan of the show but even I can't argue that they're all anime cliche to the max.

What about the characters are interesting? (Srs question not trying to shit on you)>>49936606
>>
>>49936808
Didn't mean to link that end.
>>
It's fucking terrible but it has loads of style. It's main strength is during fight scenes.

I can't reccomend it when there are substantially better shows out there but I know a lot of people who can apperently sit through it and have fun.
>>
>>49935632
I didn't remember JNPR, but you're right about the teachers and I wouldn't really count the standing armies, as we really only saw the Atlean robots working cleanup and arresting Roman, iirc. If not all the fighting, then the vast majority was done by those Hunter Students, and by that I of course mean the fashionista TF2 Femm-Heavy.

>>49935702
That's what I'm talking about though, there's a large disconnect between what we saw happen as viewers and what characters later say happened.
And it would have been nice if they went with that plot if the events being twisted and sensationalized and Ozpin/RWBY had been making any comment on or attempt at clearing their names, but instead RWBY are even seen lamenting their supposed failure.
And if Glenda could fix the entire breach with a flick of her wrist, I'd find it hard to believe she couln't also fix the other collateral damage caused by the invasion, considering how small and contained the affected area was.
>>
>>49925482
You should just watch sympogear if you want a cheesy, yer fun show.
This show is just hot garbage.
>>
>>49937118
RE: Glynda, there is a scene at the end of Vol 3 that shows her collapsing while trying to rebuild a storefront. The directors said in the commentary that they couldn't rely on her to fix everything, and that she has her limits.
>>
>>49936808
>What about the characters are interesting?
I'm not really so sure myself, if I'm honest, only that I found them very easy to empathize with, which is normally all but impossible for me.
>>
It's good but be warned the main antagonist of season 1-3 (Cinder) is voiced by Jessica Nigri and her voice acting is literally the worst in the show- almost as if voice acting is not the thing she is best known for and only got cast because she's a cosplay titty girl and RoosterTeeth is run by manchildren.
>>
>>49937247
Even though she was literally invented to be a fucking powerful Deus Ex Machina fixer upper akin to a typical OP mentor in a shonen series. It'd be like if Tsunade got bodied in Naruto just cause she tried to heal something.
This is just kinda' a sign that after Monty Died they kept fucking with shit to try and make it something else. Cause god knows I don't believe for a second that Monty thought up Roman dying, the Seasonal Maidens bullshit, or RWBY being a walking nuke because she has silver eyes.
Honestly they should have asked that guy that's doing the Manga spin off for help writing instead.
>>
>>49937620
She doesn't even show up in S1 does she?
>>
>>49937620
Why did they ever hire her in the first place?

I mean, who looks at Nigri and thinks "Ooh, I bet she has a lovely voice!"
>>
>>49937118
Watch the episodes again. They did have some shots of the Grimm wrecking shit, and them falling on civilians (it cut away right before the gore, but clearly they are dead), and the robots got there before half the Huntsmen, including the teachers and Minigungirl. I don't know why you think this was a victory that was twisted into a failure. This was a failure by the Huntsmen to stop the Grimm before they savaged Vale, though they prevented the death and destruction from going too far. Literally the second half of Breach, after shit is contained, are people lamenting the losses and Ozpin getting chewed out for failing, and how it will reflect on his reputation and Beacon's standing. Nothing happened off-screen or got retconned, the failure of the Huntsmen to stop the Grimm before they could hurt civilians is painfully obvious and hammered home.

The entire point of those conversations was to make people remember the shots of civilians getting hurt, and buildings being destroyed, and realise that the cool fight scene doe not mean that everything went well.
>>
>>49937685
>guy
Kuma's a grrl, with her own crazy alt timeline fan-work before she got hired to.

Also yeah Monty had like 12 seasons worth of notes planed out on his death so you're still seeing his ideas.
>>
File: Forget it Jake.gif (983KB, 450x192px) Image search: [Google]
Forget it Jake.gif
983KB, 450x192px
>>49937775
He thinks that Roman is really dead. There's no use trying to make him see reason.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (35KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
35KB, 480x360px
>>49930764
>White
>>
>>49937775
>He had 12 seasons worth of content in his head, very little actually written down
>>
File: IMG_3650.png (505KB, 600x833px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3650.png
505KB, 600x833px
>>49937805
I just want to see Best girl mary poppins again. Thats all I want
>>
>>49937394
Autists usually have easier to empathise with non-complex characters which is whg they are so much into ponies and sonic
>>
File: db5.png (721KB, 599x780px) Image search: [Google]
db5.png
721KB, 599x780px
>>49937860
Secret Spy Student Girl is just as good as Pretend Nurse girl.
>>
File: 37c44735111806ceab0f96cb7c91892b.jpg (281KB, 900x1259px) Image search: [Google]
37c44735111806ceab0f96cb7c91892b.jpg
281KB, 900x1259px
Suce ma baguette, porc américain
>49935007
>>
File: icon_neckbeard.gif (24KB, 101x40px) Image search: [Google]
icon_neckbeard.gif
24KB, 101x40px
>>49934313
>>
>>49932871
No, that would be thw bunny grill whose "big secret" is that she is less of a drain on the animation budget by allowing the animators to reuse riggs without even scaling them propperly to her model..
>>
>>49937685
All that was written when he was alive. The silver eyes things was in the pilot, for christ's sake. Grey Haddock confirmed Roman wasn't even initially supposed to outlive volume 1 in the post-production livestream party, and the maidens thing was, in Monty's own words: 'part of what RWBY is really all about,' quoted by his assistant director.
>>
The best thing about this show was fighting the death-bot with team attacks named for ships. Who doesn't love pandering?

Also pretty good fight scene
>>
>>49938403
>Who doesn't love pandering?

Me. That shit really took me out of the moment. Roosterteeth has a bad habit of blatant pandering and shout-outs that don't fit in the story in the slightest.
>>
>>49938175
I figured they just couldn't think of what ability to give her. We'll probably be disappointed when it is revealed though.
>>
>>49939416

She does have one

she copies everyones weapons and move sets
>>
>>49939427
The lamest Semblance, when you factor in that they all can be used once and then explode. How is she going to be a real Huntress? Is she going to go back to the academies after every fight to restock, or is she going to get a partner and during battle just take quick snaps of them, attack, then repeat forever?

Maybe someone will take pity on her and give her a regular gun so she's not totally useless.
>>
>>49940414
She also held her own against the Grimm with just kicks, and survived a round of the tournament without ever using a weapon or Semblance.
>>
>>49940465
So her Semblance is "being carried by the team"? She did dick in the tournament, and she barely did anything when the Grimm showed up, kicking a couple but letting the people with the actual weapons do the work of killing them.

Without a constant stream of photos, she's slightly better than a regular person. That's not a good situation for someone who's job description and title are literally "one who hunts". Unless she has someone to protect her for most of the time until she goes Super Saiyan, she can't actually work in the field.
>>
>>49940847
>Without a constant stream of photos, she's slightly better than a regular person

There has not been one single scene in the show that would present this as fact. We have seen no evidence whatsoever that she's deadweight. We have also seen evidence that she is, in fact, as good as her teammates, since she and the rest of CFVY handled that mission in mid Vol-2 without problems, even if it did take a while.
Thread posts: 161
Thread images: 28

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.