[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

EDH/COMMANDER GENERAL

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 334
Thread images: 38

File: otp.jpg (333KB, 1308x764px) Image search: [Google]
otp.jpg
333KB, 1308x764px
Babe tribal edition

Old thread:>>49903614

>RESOURCES
>
>>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
>http://www.mtgcommander.net
>
>>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
>http://www.tappedout.net
>
>>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
>http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh
>
>>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the internet.
>http://www.edhrec.com/
>
>>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
>http://manabasecrafter.com/
>
>>CARD SEARCHING
>
>>Official search site. Current for all sets.
>http://gatherer.wizards.com/
>
>>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface
>http://www.magiccards.info
>>
What should a good U/B control suite for a Szadek/Mirko Vorsk deck look like?
>>
>>49911306
98 Relentless Rats
1 Twisted Justice
>>
File: IMG_6480.jpg (87KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6480.jpg
87KB, 312x445px
Anymore cards like this, stuff that punishes or prevents players from searching their libraries?
>>
File: 1461386556036.jpg (23KB, 418x488px) Image search: [Google]
1461386556036.jpg
23KB, 418x488px
WHEN DO COMMANDER 2016 SPOILERS START!?!?!?
>>
>>49911354
Mindlock Orb, Aven Mindcensor.
Combine with Maralen of the Mornsong
>>
>>49911354
Stranglehold
Mindlock Orb
Leonin Arbiter
>>
>>49911290
Remember when Wizards told Argyle to not do art like this? And then years later they make every female walker a rug muncher?
>>
>>49911360
On monday, ffs.
>>
I know there are Hanna players around here, and I've had a Hanna deck for a couple months that's been kinda meh, and I've been really wanting to spruce the list up. I've got my current ideal list worked out, I just want to know if I'm missing any obvious value or spicy tech

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/stop-hanna-time/
>>
>>49911360
I would be AOK with death by suffocation from those thighs
>>
>>49911385
It's like they are giving us a toy and telling us we are playing with it wrong.
>no, no, no the lesbianism is meant to be empowering, not erotic!

How they made a set about lesbians battling tentacle monsters without considering that it may be construed as sexual is beyond understanding.
>>
>>49911385
>what are changing attitudes towards sexuality
>>
>>49911415
Hey I'm not complaining, I just think it's funny
>>
Just threw this together. anyone have advice? http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/gahiji-combat-tricks/
>>
>>49911415
>most of human history: sex is good
>middle ages: sex is bad
>1960s: sex is good again
>1990s: sex is bad again
>2010s: sex is only good for women
>>
File: Image (13).jpg (27KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image (13).jpg
27KB, 223x310px
>>49911460
>>
>>49911488
It was on my list of maybe cards, but I felt it was a dead draw once it got down to 1v1, honorable mention to hold the line as well.
>>
>>49911461
For real when are with gonna have Gideon/Koth?
>>
>>49911385
1) Exactly zero planeswalkers are canon lesbians.

2) There's a HUGE difference between writing a story about a character who happens to be a lesbian, and drawing creepy cringe-tier wankbait for neckbeards.
>>
>>49911671
>drawing creepy cringe-tier wankbait for neckbeards.

Hi tumblr.
>>
>>49911700
I mean, that's exactly what it is. There's a difference between "This character is attracted to women" as a part of their character, and two straight characters drawn grinding on each other to sell playmats to horny 20 year olds. One of them is exploitative.
>>
>>49911393

Alrght, speculation time:

>What mildly valuable cards do you think are getting reprints?

I've got suspicions/hopes that Chromatic Lantern will be one, I have to imagine: given the 4-color nature, it'll be on the list.
>>
>>49911671
>creepy

I'm a chronic masturbator. Stop shaming me.
>>
File: Image.png (129KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Image.png
129KB, 223x311px
>>49911393
Source? I've heard alot of people say the following Monday (Halloween), not this upcoming one.

Also, for the thread, post your newest addition to a deck and how it has performed. Added Demon of Dark Schemes to Sidisi, Brood Tyrant. Slapping this dude out vs a Krenko deck in my group felt amazing, but also made me see how little mass removal I have in the deck overall.
>>
>>49911780

New Selvala in Xenagos, feels good when your manadork can make 18 mana on turn 7.
>>
>>49911748
Coalition Relic perhaps? Maybe a half ass decent manabase?
>>
File: avram-garrison-the-betrayer-1.png (328KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
avram-garrison-the-betrayer-1.png
328KB, 375x523px
So there was a little talk about custom commanders in the last thread, and I asked my playgroup (5 of us) if it would be a cool idea for each of us to make a single deck with a custom commander. We had to follow a few rules tho.

>They need to be ACTUAL characters from MTG history.
>They have to approved by rest of the group (there's 5 of us)
>They cannot be immensely broken or abusable. >Balance your commander. If they have a really good effect, make them squishy.
>They must be three colors (Sultai, Bant, Jund, Naya, Esper, Grixis, Mardu, Jeskai, Temur, Abzan)
>They can be characters that already have cards, however they must be different than what their current card is.
>Flavor is king. Certain abilities aren't in certain colors generally (ie Haste isn't in Black, White or Green) and should be avoided when making the commanders.
>Commanders cannot have alternative costs to play (like Derevi).

I always wanted to do a knight tribal theme, however I think the only legendary knight is Haakon and he is unplayable. I took a dude from I believe it was Ice Age area and ran with it.

>Avram Garrison the Betrayer
>3WBR
>3/3
>Flanking, First Strike
>Other Knight creatures you control get +1/+1 and have Flanking.

Tried to be as balanced as I could with it. I feel like it's alright.

Deck:
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/avram-garrison-the-betrayer/

I know there's a lot of hate for custom cards here, but it's something my playgroup and I want to really do. Someone is making a card for Yawgmoth. Can't wait to see that.
>>
>>49911855
>So there was a little talk about custom commanders in the last thread
Yes, and it shouldn't have happened. Please delete your post.
>>
>>49911855
Do your group a favor and download Magic Set Editor and use it instead. The formatting looks much better. Also, as you have noted, custom commanders are rather discouraged in these threads, so you might have better luck in the custom card threads.
>>
>>49911917
That was mostly just a rough draft. One of the guys makes proxies for personal use and friends, and is fairly good at it. If I find one of them, ill upload it. Almost impossible to tell the difference.
>>
>>49911719

why is sexual material "exploitative" and immoral?
>>
>>49911999
This really isn't the place for that conversation
>>
>>49911999
I never said it's immoral. But do you see how WotC might have qualms with one of their official artists drawing what is effectively softcore lewds of their characters and selling it?
>>
>>49912055

Agreed, there are far more relevant topics at hand, they should take their bickering elsewhere.

In more relevant topics, there was a question earlier about the C16 spoilers: they used to start them 2-3 weeks before release, but it seems lately they are keeping things a lot tighter so I wouldn't be surprised if we only see a peek on Monday then wait a week for more to roll out.
>>
>>49911780
Do you have any other energy cards in your deck? What if you can't get 4 energy?

Energy seems useful, if parasitic mechanic assuming you support it.
>>
>>49912092

you were saying cringey, wankbait, neckbeards, etc

moral implications
>>
>>49912111
Im hoping beyond hope for a decent red, white, or boros card
>>
File: IMG_6481.jpg (108KB, 731x833px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6481.jpg
108KB, 731x833px
>>49911780

Maro said Monday.

http://markrosewater.tumblr.com/post/151943847778/commander-2016-preview-is-a-week-from-today
>>
>>49912179

Preview, not full-on spoilers though. Seems to be the trend since EMN. They'll show one card on Monday and leave us chomping at the bit for more until the next week.
>>
>>49912120
I do not, although having 4 creatures dying in EDH, especially with a healthy amount of ways to sac my own creatures and the -2/-2 ETB, seem fairly easy to get to. I'm banking on activating it only once or twice really, but I've only played it once so far so I really cant judge how reliable it will be.
>>
>>49912120
>>49912234

I must admit, I am intrigued by energy in EDH, however there just aren't enough cards yet to really utilize it effectively in singleton.
>>
>>49912278
Other than the ones that generate-and-spend by themselves, like maybe Dynavolt Tower in a RU Spellslinger deck.
>>
What would you guys recommend as a Johnny commander in Temur colors? Yasova looks pretty interesting.
>>
>>49912421

What's Johnny about Yasova? What's interesting abot Yasova?
>>
>>49912421
Riku is the Johnniest thing
>>
>>49912421
Maelstrom
>>
File: ss+(2016-10-16+at+10.38.23).jpg (111KB, 662x312px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-10-16+at+10.38.23).jpg
111KB, 662x312px
Is there any card like vensers journal I can use to keep this going?
>>
>>49912461

Ivory tower
>>
>>49912443
She's build-around-y, her ability is pretty open-ended.

>>49912445
Timmy

>>49912452
Timmy
>>
>>49912472
thank you
>>
>>49912483

her ability is NOT open ended, its the opposite

open ended would be riku's ability, riku is obviously more johnny than yasova

yasova is not an edh card
>>
>>49912443
Slapping people with their own shit and using their own utility creatures against them I dunno

>>49912445
This looks good. Bound to draw hate from my group
>>
>>49912518
Johnny is the combo player.
Yasova is a Timmy general.
>>
File: Wha.gif (2MB, 419x249px) Image search: [Google]
Wha.gif
2MB, 419x249px
>>49912483
>Riku
>Timmy
>Yasova
>Open ended
>>
>>49912512
Johnny is about combos and synergies, Timmy is about big dudes and big effects. Riku is about ramping into big things and doing them twice. Yasova has cute combos like Bazaar Trader.
>>
>>49912559

im not seeing the yasova bazaar trader combo
>>
>>49912586
You steal the creature then donate it to yourself permanently. To just use one example of a Johnny play.
>>
>>49912604

oh i see

that is definitely a johnny play

yasova isnt a johnny commander though
>>
>>49912586
You give it to yourself.

>>49912559
>Riku is about ramping into big things

Riku is about as open ended as it can get; he can be a big_things.dec, epic_experiment.dec, extra_turns.dec. Out of all the RUG commanders, he's the one with the one with the most versatility and cool things to do. Hell, his FLAVOR is Johnny as hell, he literally copied himself so he can do more science.
>>
>>49912620
Or you can Crystal Shard the dude and choose not to pay the {1}... Conjurer's Closet, I can go on and on.

>>49912643
You can play combo in Riku insofar as you can play combo in any RUG deck, but I'm not aware of any cute things enabled by the copying, as opposed to just raw power.

>big_things.dec
Timmy
>epic_experiment.dec
Spell Timmy
>extra_turns.dec
Spell Timmy, Spike
>>
File: 1476894067571.png (16KB, 259x224px) Image search: [Google]
1476894067571.png
16KB, 259x224px
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/that-old-graveyard-magic/

I need some help fixing this mess of a deck lads. I've been thinking of taking Mimeoplasm out directly and replacing him with Tasigur to make more direct changes but I would like an opinion first.
>>
>>49912704

i think your johny level is just more extreme than i had imagined if you think yasova + crystal shard is an attractive option
>>
>>49912735
It's not about levels, it's that the cute interactions with threatened creatures isn't Spike or Timmy.
>>
>>49911396
Parallax Wave + Opalescence is infinite creature exile. If you add in Parallax Tide it's infinite mana for you OR you can exile everyone else's lands.

They're great with Hanna individually, but combined they're brutal.
>>
>>49912751

what im sayng is only an extreme johnny would want to spend 4 mana a turn to bounce a single creature

most people see yasova and think its a cool little aggressive piece to use in draft or maybe standard

your johnny level is so high youre trying to come up with maximum inefficiency
>>
An early Oath of Lieges drop is pretty rad if you want to speed things up a bit.
>>
>>49912772
I'm not saying I'm interested in running this deck. I'm thinking of Johnny things to do with the Temur commanders. I guess you could run the "free" Urza creatures with Animar for infinite mana shenanigans.
>>
>>49911671
Of course they aren't, all planeswalkers are bi. Well maybe not Karn, but all the ones with genitals.
>>
>>49912835

>I guess you could run the "free" Urza creatures with Animar for infinite mana shenanigans.

thats what i was thinking of when you originally said johnny, but i guess that could be spike
>>
>>49912882
>>49912835
I'm sorry, have I fallen into a backwards universe where Animar isn't just nonstop infinite combos?
>>
File: 1331137063986.png (143KB, 332x394px) Image search: [Google]
1331137063986.png
143KB, 332x394px
>mfw people constantly undervalue the likes of Bolt in EDH
It's far from the best, but it definitely works in a pinch if you need something gone. Real nice against planeswalkers that are closing in on an ultimate
>>
>>49912708
The deck could use some tuning, yes. In general, I think you could benefit from including more targets for Mineoplasm and gettign a bit more self mill in. Also, be aware that although your mana symbols are pretty even throughout your deck, your green cards are most of your your early, active plays. Dropping a blue source for a green one might help a bit and watch it from there. Some of your card choices confuse me as well.

>Cancel
Why over counterspell?
>Rakshasa's Disdain
Cute, but why over counterspell? Swan song and disdainful stroke are other cheaper alternatives too.
>Glissa's scorn
Is there a reason you run this over a Naturalize effect?
>Altar of the brood
Im noticing a mill subtheme for opponent's only. Why is that included? Are you planning to reanimate your opponent's yard too? I dont think that plan is worth it overall if you arent really committing to it. Is there a combo with this Im not seeing?
>Mind Grind
Same as above.
>>
>>49912902
Bolt is fine if you play in a tuned meta where cmcs and creatures are kept small.i t is very underrated in general. Killing an early green dork is huge.
>>
>>49912902
It's undervalued because it sucks. Just because there's some rare situations where 3 damage is worth a card slot doesn't make it a good card. There's occasions when my opponent is at 1 life with no blockers, that doesn't make Raging Goblin a good card.
>>
>>49912911
He may be running Disdain because it's effectively a hard counter in a graveyard heavy deck, but 2U is a little expensive for what's only SOMETIMES a hard counter.

Mind Grind is just a good addition to any deck that's likely to reanimate stuff- it hits each opponent, and you only have to do it for like... X=5 before it hits a BONKERS number of cards on average.
>>
>>49912900

no we're still in the normal universe, what about our posts led you to believe that nonsense?
>>
>>49912924
Maybe in a really tuned meta, but in general I don't think it's worth the slot. Yeah, my plans get monkeyed up a bit if you kill my turn 1 Llanowar Elf, but it's not exactly a backbreaking play, nor do I think it's worthy of using up a card. How often do you see people burning a Doom Blade on a turn 1 dork? Trying to do 1-for-1 disruption (rather than using removal on big threats) against 3 opponents is a losing battle.
>>
>>49912928

nah
>>
>>49912911
Waiting for a counterspell to come in the mail

I get a big enough yard, raksasha disdain has a use, guess I can swap for disdainful stroke

I misread glissa's scorn, I'll run naturalize

>mill subtheme

So should I disregard consuming aberration as well?
>>
>>49912902
Lightning Bolt does stuff reasonably often, but card slots in EDH are competitive enough that "reasonably often" doesn't cut it for me. There are definitely decks in my meta where it isn't useful.
>>
>>49912967
What a well-reasoned rebuttal.
>>
>>49912990

equally well-reasoned to your lightning bolt vs raging goblin comparison
>>
>>49913002
No, I compared how one card being "good" in a narrow, not-remotely-frequent scenario doesn't make it worth a card slot, to Lightning Bolt.
>>
>>49912983
Nah, Consuming Aberation is a huge beater in addition to being a massive mill source, so it works double duty very well. Im retarded and forgot Mimeoplasm could target opponent's yards. Mind grind is fine with that in mind, though I still think Altar of the Brood is a bit weak in the deck.
>>
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/oloro-drawing-and-lifegain/

Any suggestions on what would be a good replacement for blightsteel? At this point its easier to draw my self out or redirect the lifegain into damage than waste 12 mana on a win more creature
>>
>>49913017

right thats the comparison im talking about

that reasoning is equal to no reasoning at all
>>
>>49912902
If I wanted a burn spell for EDH I'd rather run Flame Jab, kills 75% of the stuff Bolt would kill anyway and the repeatability seems far more valuable than instant speed surprise
>>
>>49913045

flame jab and lightning bolt are very different, lightning bolt is more efficient, flame jab is more of a combo card
>>
>>49913042
I disagree. It is, at the very least, more valid than your non-argument of "nah"
>>
>>49913055
In what fucking universe is Flame Jab a combo piece
>>
>>49913081

ive only ever seen it played with life from the loam
>>
>>49913073

the number of situations in which raging goblin is useful is very low, pretty much just the one you named

the number of situations in which lightning bolt is useful is quite high in contrast
>>
>>49912983
>>49913029
Whoops, wanted to post more. If you want another source of cheap, continuous mill consider Manic Scribe, Sphinx's Tuteladge, Dreamborn Muse, Stitcher Geralf (bit more expensive, butI still love the guy). Wheel effects can be good ways to refill your hand and fill all the graveyards too, like Windfall.
>>
File: Image.png (125KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Image.png
125KB, 223x311px
I wanna use this cunt in a deck, but I've never found the deck where I can.
>>
>>49913036
I would cut it for Debt to the Deathless since that kills everybody the turn your use it instead of possibly one opponent the turn after cast. Debt also isn't vulnerable to Bribery.
>>
>>49913136
There is no place for her. I am sorry, anon.

I bought a set when she was $15 apiece
>>
>>49913139
I used to run debt but I found more often than not any time I could spend enough mana on it to be useful I would rather spend it on a handful of lower cost cards
>>
>>49913136

play it in narset with timewalks and extra combat sorceries
>>
>>49913136
Makes infinite R with Inner Fire and 5 or more cards in your hand (assuming you have the first 4 mana to cast it). At that point you win if you have any other burn spell. That's the least convoluted use for it I can see. Makes me wish Tamanoa was legendary.
>>
>>49913136
Jeskai Burn, but of course EDH really isn't a burn-friendly format.
>>
>>49913181

>Makes infinite R with Inner Fire and 5 or more cards in your hand (assuming you have the first 4 mana to cast it)

??

you have 8 mana and 6 cards in hand (inner fire is one of them)
activate sgm, 4 mana
cast inner fire, 5 mana
activate sgm, 1 mana

now what?
>>
>>49911461
>>1960s: sex is good again

A bunch of useless pot heads thinking they could stop going to war by saying sex is good doesn't mean everyone thought sex was good back then.
>>
>>49913210
shit, you need 9 cards in hand to go infinite

just fuck that card it's useless
>>
>>49913210
>>49913181
It does make infinite mana with Turnabout and 9 lands
>>
>>49913132
>>49913029
If not altar, would mesmeric orb be a better fit?
>>
>>49913236

well inner fire is useless yes, sgm goes infinite with turnabout and time warp though, which is good because turnabout and time warp are good cards
>>
>>49913265
Ah, I forgot about Orb! Yeah, that card is great.
>>
>>49913181
maybe Mana Geyser instead of inner fire
>>
File: 1475860770161.jpg (86KB, 1198x675px) Image search: [Google]
1475860770161.jpg
86KB, 1198x675px
>>49913286
Alright its a start at least.
>>
Can anyone recommend a deck pasting site where I can upload .cod files from cockatrice directly?
>>
>>49913236
>>49913246
I mean it's a late game combo, but it's there.
>>
>>49909723
Is the guy who was helping me in the old threat still on?
>>
>>49913389
*thread
>>
>>49911385
Did he draw stuff they didn't like? Any examples?
>>
>>49913763
Yeah, OP's image.
>>
Void Winnower should be banned
>>
File: burntoffering.jpg (35KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
burntoffering.jpg
35KB, 223x310px
How would you or your group react if I wanted to play burnt offering as a commander? I was looking at burnt offering and thought I could build a really cool deck around this card. There is no other commander that has this kind of unique effect, so I was able to create something really cool. I showed my burnt offering deck to my friends and when I asked them if I could play it, they gave were surprised it wasn't already legendary for how unique it is. I don't see how anybody could really have a problem with it unless they legitimately had autism. After all, commander is supposed to be a fun, casual format. Thoughts on using burnt offering as a commander?
>>
>>49911999
BECAUSE WE ARE PLAYING A GAME FOR CHILDREN YOU FLAMING AUTIST
>>
>>49913839
Excuse me but half of Magic's entire print run would like to have a word with you regarding "children's card game"
>>
>>49913839

Children love sex though, I know I did
>>
File: mT6PMHIDWR_icon.jpg (319KB, 768x432px) Image search: [Google]
mT6PMHIDWR_icon.jpg
319KB, 768x432px
Serious question: Is it possible to make a Mimeoplasm deck that is pic related in disguise?
>>
>>49913839
I loved this shit as a kid.
>>
File: 67.jpg (67KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
67.jpg
67KB, 312x445px
>>49913839
>>49913932
Now with image.
>>
>>49913888
I mean, you could do it, but anyone who is competent will see Leovold and focus you out of the game with laser precision.
>>
File: 1477164267060m.jpg (67KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
1477164267060m.jpg
67KB, 1024x683px
>>49913794
>animar guy plays void winnower entire table groans except me
>play tormod's crypt and beast within targeting void winnower, sac crypt to exile the winnower

Wow that was so hard to deal with.
>>
File: 1427074948036.jpg (21KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1427074948036.jpg
21KB, 300x300px
>>49913944
>>
File: image.jpg (47KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
47KB, 223x310px
Are shattergang bros viable? Everything I have tried just looks like bad Meren deck or bad Prossh deck
>>
>>49914104
>hurr durr I play green and can deal with any permanent type
Play mono-red, nigga. Learn true suffering and be a better man for it. Also zero is even
>>
>>49914104
I just use Murder, Hideous End, Merciless Eviction or Harsh Sustenance.
>>
>>49914147
What is Burn From Within? Also does it matter which order you dense faggot since I still removed it?
>>
>>49914135
Really I don't think they would have been that good if you just targeted with their abilities. As it is it's too likely they'll have chaff to sac and it won't be a good exchange for you.
>>
>>49914135
A good friend of mine played a mean Shattergang Bros deck, I can attest to them being nasty. The thing to remember is that their abilities lend to a control style (destroying problematic permanents) than aggro (Prossh) or tempo (Meren). You need a lot of GB "when this creature dies" effects and a lot of ramp, like Yavimaya Elder and Primal Druid. I think the only red spells he played were Vicious Shadows and Word of Seizing.
>>
Things I like to do:

>force discard
>kill permanents
>draw cards
>ramp like hell
>play big creatures
>control opponents so they can't threaten me
>>
>>49914232
Things I like to do
>win with Laboratory maniac

why build up a combo when you can just ramp drawing cards
>>
I want to do a good eldrazi tribal deck with Karona, False God as the commander for flavor reasons. What cards do you guys recommend?
>>
>>49914258
Displacer and Hatcher of Emrakul go infinite.
>>
>>49914258
>Karona
>eldrazi
>flavor
They never met in canon. Do Tazri for alternate-verse where she got dominated by Kozilek
>>
>>49914285
I figured I'd play up the false god thing, since the eldrazi's were false gods.
>>
>>49914232
So various unrelated things.
>>
>>49914304
I agree with >>49914285 if you mostly just want karona for 5 color.
>>
File: no.jpg (26KB, 455x342px) Image search: [Google]
no.jpg
26KB, 455x342px
>>49913822
Read the rules. Legendary creatures or otherwise stated "can be used as commander" only.
>>
>>49914412
dont tell me what to do fag
>>
>>49914412
>These are the official rules for Commander. Players often play with house rules, and are encouraged to
>>
>>49913190
grixis rakdos and monores do a good job at burn, you just gotta use the right burn
>>
>>49914232
Sounds like you play/should play nekusar
>>
>>49914501
>Players often play with house rules, and are encouraged to

Rightfully so.
>>
>>49914501
>These are the official rules for Commander.
>>
>>49914568
>Players often play with house rules, and are encouraged to
>>
>>49914486
He's not. The fucking rules are, you stupid faggot.
>>
So i was thinking of making a commander deck with counterspell as my commander. What are some good cards that help compliment this unique and powerful card?
>>
>>49914598
more counterspells tbqh famalamadingong you cna just play 20 more copies of counterspell and house rule it.
>>
>>49914578
>These are the official rules for Commander.

House rules must be agreed upon by all players, otherwise official rules are used. Always assume official rules when playing with anyone who hasn't already agreed otherwise.
>>
>>49914620
So like a tribal deck? sounds powerful, thank you master.
>>
>>49914643
tfw no counterspell tribal because they wont give all spells subtypes

fuck this game. why should i even live.
>>
File: Necropotence_IA.jpg (59KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Necropotence_IA.jpg
59KB, 312x445px
Hey guys how would your group react if I ran this cool card as my commander? I think it would be unique
>>
>>49914677
only if you let me play the super unique special snwoflake commander krosan grip
>>
>>49914683
Hmm. Only if you let me run serra ascendant as my commander!
>>
>>49914104
>Play tormod's crypt
>With a Void Winnower on the field

either you meant relic or crypt was already on the field
>>
>>49914764
All he has to do is beast within and then crypt.
>>
I'm hoping for double faced commanders kind of like this:

Front:
~, 2GW
Legendary Creature - [type]
[effects]
BR: Transform ~
[stats]
Back:
~ (color identity R/B)
Tag Team 2BR (You may cast ~ from your command zone for 2BR. This is increased by the commander tax)
[effects]
GW: Transform ~
[stats]

What do you guys think? Would something like this be interesting or am I an autist for typing this concept out?
>>
>>49911354
Psychogenic Probe
>>
>>49912421
Surrak Splinter Twin
>>
>>49914677
That's not okay with me because I run Necropotence as my commander and I don't want to play the mirror match.
>>
>>49911290
>no nissa
>>
>>49915090
Would be a clever way to get 4 color commanders.

Didn't they say something about being clever about it? I'm curious to what they'll be.
>>
>>49915298
Nissa was barely a character back when that was drawn.
>>
>>49915516

Nissa is barely a "character" now.
>>
>>49912291

I tried it. It's an extra bolt a turn at best, it doesn't do much when the game goes on
>>
>>49915090
Looks quite reasonable. Every commander deck always had three different commanders you could choose from. You can pretty much guarantee that one them looks like that for every deck.
>>
>>49913822
>Nobody gets the fairly obvious joke that this is a strawman argument for all the other talk in the thread
>>
>>49913822
Jokes on you, my group let's me play my janky Glint-Eye pump-spell/combat-trick tribal just fine.
>>
>>49915090
I can actually get behind this.
>>
File: tic-tac-toe.png (132KB, 540x695px) Image search: [Google]
tic-tac-toe.png
132KB, 540x695px
>>49914677
>>49913822
KYS

That being said, if your play group allows it, it's fine. THIS IS THE PURPOSE OF "HOUSE RULES". Stop trying so hard to make stupid argument about using stupid cards as your commander you stupid autistic FUCK
>>
>>49915298
Who do you think is filming it?
>>
File: Image.ashx.jpg (34KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.ashx.jpg
34KB, 223x310px
How do you beat this 1v1 when you have no removal in your hand?
>Counterspells your shit on your turn
>Plays your shit on their turn
>only 5CMC

Why aren't any of the khans legends this powerful?
>>
>>49918630
To beat the ACTUAL card, you just keep trying to force threats through (both to try and stick one, and to prevent them from casting your threats) until something sticks or you lose.

To defeat the imaginary version you concocted that has infinite Mana Drains? You don't.
>>
>>49914232
Things I like to do
>Win through concession
>Have people be dead and still think they can win
>Be in complete control of my game from turn 1

Why don't people always play blue?
>>
Any mass creature regeneration in Golgari other than Dark Dabbling, Wail of the Nim and Golgari Charm? I'm looking to run them as a super sekrit tech to keep obscene amounts of creatures on the field through board wipes and such.
>>
File: 1386461353302.gif (801KB, 150x150px) Image search: [Google]
1386461353302.gif
801KB, 150x150px
>Looking at old decklists when I was new to edh
Holy hell what was I THINKING?
>>
>>49918630
Narset poops on Triplets.
>>
File: Wrap in Vigor_CNS.jpg (72KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Wrap in Vigor_CNS.jpg
72KB, 312x445px
>>49918953
There's this one, but regenerate isn't really strong in wrath meta anyway, since a lot of wrath effects null regen.
>>
>>49918953
Cauldron of souls
>>
File: 1471837447399.png (361KB, 868x897px) Image search: [Google]
1471837447399.png
361KB, 868x897px
>>49911855
>custom commanders
pic related is how we see people that play with custom commanders.
>>
File: Laughing_girls.jpg (81KB, 850x500px) Image search: [Google]
Laughing_girls.jpg
81KB, 850x500px
>>49911290
>1hour before.
>>
>>49918953
Lifeline is kinda what you want but you need at least 1 creature to survive the board wipe somehow.

Lifeline seems pretty broken, idk how it ever got through playtesting
>>
>>49911855
Please go back to your containment general >>/tg/ccg/
>>
>>49919196
>Lifeline
Holy shit that's good, thanks Anon!
>>
>>49919341
Well, it only has an even CMC if X is an odd number.
>>
>>49911402
My nigga
>>
>>49919196
>>49919280
Keep in mind that it's a symmetric effect, even though the card says otherwise.
>>
>>49918630
Just remove her? By turn 5 you should've either been fast enough to just kill the opponent, or should definitely have some removal spell
>>
>>49919486
>EDH games should only last 5 turns
>>
>>49911719
If we were mature no allusions to sexuality would ever be brought up in any work of fiction that doesn't deal with romance, eroticism or sexual education.
But you fuckers need to have characters insist on how they love to scissor and let everyone know about it, yet shame people when they think that's nice to look at.

Tumblr is cancer, puritans are cancer, /pol/ is cancer, politics are cancer, humanities are cancer. This society will not advance any further into civilization until individuals are banned from infringing on other individuals' rights and privileges and companies get to select a target audience and ignore all else without being harassed by brainwashing cult media outlets and the faggots that follow them.
>>
>>49911573

How is it dead in 1v1 ??

It's pushed damage through, that's likely going to work even better in 1v1
>>
>>49919280

Wow how have I never seen this card before, symmetric effect kinda sucks, but it's begging to be used in a blink/death and taxes deck.
>>
>>49919525
Depends, you've clearly never seen the triple control vs one combo deck meta
>>
I was playing ealier today and some guy had an turbo eldrazi deck with Azusa as commander fies anyone have a list ?
>>
>>49919645
50 Forest
Exploration
Sol Ring
Mana Crypt
Mana Vault
45 Eldrazi
>>
>>49911841
>4 vivids
>4 gainlands
>4 BFZ taplands
>4 gates
>28 basics
You'll have that and you'll like it.
>>
Assuming mana isn't too big a deal for me, which is better: darksteel mutation or exclusion ritual?
>>
File: eb9.jpg (32KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
eb9.jpg
32KB, 500x500px
>>49919661
>no eye of ugin
>no eldrazi temple
>>
>>49919685

44 lands in each deck?

Why 4 gain lands/gates when a 4 color deck has 6 color pairs?
>>
There was someone who was helping me out last night, told me to mess around with my collection to try and build a G/W Token deck. If he's still on, here's what I came up with.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/emmara-token-creatures/

It doesn't include cards that were in my W/B Warrior deck I had posted last night. The maybeboard are cards I'm considering getting because I believe they'll help the deck.
>>
>>49919703
Depends on what you're trying to stop. If you're wanting to stop a problem Commander, Mutation actually accomplishes that. If you're wanting to hit troublesome permanents, Oblivion Ring. Exclusion Ritual is only 'good' against Relentless Rat decks.
>>
>blade of selves and gray merchant/kokusho

what the fuck
>>
>>49919830
Maybe I'm reading it wrong, but I assumed of I hit a commander using exclusion rit, my opponent wouldn't be able to cast it again?
>>
>>49919898
http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=214364

Look at the first ruling.

All they have to do is send it to the command zone, then they can keep casting their commander.
>>
>>49914677
Not as cool as my demonic tutor/damnation meld commander
>>
>>49919919
Damn, my mistake. Das preddy gay.
>>
>>49919898
If they send it to the command zone, it's not "the exiled card", because it's not exiled.
>>
>>49911402
>>49919361
Great taste on erotic death

>>49911841
Man I would kill for a Relic reprint. Or some decent manarocks like Commander's Sphere.
>>
>>49920097
I can't imagine they wouldn't put in Sphere.
>>
>>49919015
You probably just put in jank you had lying around. Everybody does this.
>>
>>49919997
>gay discourse

Use nevermore instead, it actually does what you want and is cheaper. Iona does it too.

For fun, use declaration of naught if you're in blue
>>
>>49914677
People play necropotence as their commander all the time. Why the fuck do you think people play Zur?
>>
>>49911780
I put Combustible Gearhulk in my borborygmos deck.

My friends think they're clever by picking the draw option, but they don't realize that's exacrly why I put it in there.
>>
>>49920351
I thought red gearhulk would be 100% shit in edh, but it actually fits some decks really well.

I assume you play the newer borborygmos?
>>
File: 1443483231245.gif (992KB, 267x200px) Image search: [Google]
1443483231245.gif
992KB, 267x200px
>>49920351
>Combustible Gearhulk
Just included him in a Hidetsugu deck

And found out Knollspine Dragon existed yesterday. I hope this works.
>>
>>49920395
I also have Knollspine Dragon. My dream is to throw 6 lands, play knollspine, throw more lands, creeping Renaissance for all the lands I just threw, and then that's it because ive probably already won.

>>49920393
Yes, the fun one. I got him back in the Gatecrash predecease in my Gruul pack. Most fun I've had in the game.
>>
>>49920393
I love it in Slobad. Easy to recur in red and high average CMC means it's usually going to take out a decent chunk of life. It would be even better in Daretti or Bosh.
>>
>>49920328
>implying zur could EVER achieve a t1 necropotence

>T1 swamp, dark ritual, necropotence
>>
>>49911780
I cracked the blue green and black gearhulks and both the green and black are in Mazirek, where they function way above expectation. The green one is particularly potent if you cab recur it and keep dumping counters on something else, or if you hit Corpsejack or kalonian Hydra.

I really want to trade the blue one for a masterpiece red one. I might even throw in the smug copter too.
>>
>>49919999
>>49919898
>>49919919

Well, there is ways to get rid of a commander permanently but its really complicated and hard to pull it off.

1, Transform the commander into a non-creature artifact.
2, Transform the commander into a Equipment. (Bludgeon Brawl)
3, Gain control of it, and equip it to a creature you control
4, Phase that creature out.

When the creatures phases out, it will bring the commander with it, but as soon as it leaves the battlefield it stops being an equipment (Bludgeon Brawl) and unattaches from that creature.

Since it doesn't have phasing it will never phase in nor you'll be able to send it to commander zone. The first step is the hardest but its somewhat easier against the theros gods.
>>
>>49920790
I think Nevermore accomplishes what the Exclusion Ritual guy wanted
>>
File: zegana.jpg (35KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
zegana.jpg
35KB, 223x310px
>Be U/G/x fag
>Play a bunch of powerful U/G/x decks like Kruphix, Wanderer, and (sultai) Sidisi
>Acknowledge they're pretty powerful and can be unfun for more casual groups

I'm tempted to build a more casual Zegana deck. How can I avoid being unfun? I just want to cast fatties and draw cards.
>>
>>49920753
How do people win with T1 Necropotence out? Please educate me.
>>
>>49920906
But where is the fun in that ?
>>
File: 119[1].jpg (65KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
119[1].jpg
65KB, 312x445px
>>49920935
Make a SCIENCE deck that turns everyone into frogs
>>
>>49920957

depends on the deck

for a storm deck its really easy you can win as early as turn 2 by necro'ing for nearly all your life total and just finding the nuts

a control deck on the other hand will probably just keep 7 cards in hand always and win slower but it was over with necro in play on turn 1
>>
>>49919809
Because wonky shit nigga.
They never give us good manabases, even common manabases often come incomplete for no discernible reason, the lack of hype points to them not wanting us to actually love these decks so we stop asking for 4 color.
>>
>>49920460
>predecease

RIP Borborygmos.
>>
>>49913136
>>49913158
She fits in 2 of the 4-color commander decks, there is some hope.
>>
>>49911325
Lands, you dip
>>
>>49911671
Here's hoping that Nissa x Chandra becomes a thing in KLD block.
>>
>>49921365
>Here's hoping that Nissa x Chandra X Lilly becomes a thing
ftfy
>>
>>49911780
Do you people even fucking read Making Magic? It's like, three clicks away.
>>
File: 1463213944539.gif (3MB, 640x266px) Image search: [Google]
1463213944539.gif
3MB, 640x266px
>turn 3
>play eye of ugin
>tap wastes + sol ring to cast Urza's Incubator
>tap Eldrazi temple and cast conduit of ruin
>everyone insta quits

So good.
>>
>>49921503
Your next goal is to make it happen T2.
>>
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/star-crossd/

Trying out an evasion brew. It's budget and the land base is under construction. Thoughts?
>>
File: kokusho.jpg (449KB, 1000x1382px) Image search: [Google]
kokusho.jpg
449KB, 1000x1382px
This guy as a commander. Good idea? Or just flavorfully suboptimal? Should I just run zombie pope instead? I don't want people to think I'm running combo autism so I'm a bit scared of using him
>>
>>49921598

He doesn't trigger when you put him back in the command zone so I'm not sure what the attraction is when he can just be in the 99 instead
>>
>>49921558
Don't think I can push my luck that much.
>>
>>49921739
well you don't have to waste a tutor to get him the first time around. and to get the maximum value out of him, you wouldn't really want to put him in the command zone anyway.

it doesn't really matter what my commander is since my 99 is already very strong. my current commander is endrek and i cast him maybe once a game, if that.
>>
>>49920981
What the fuck, I've never seen this card,
>>
>>49919875
blade of selves goes nuts with pretty much everything. the problem is actually getting and equipping it really.
>>
>>49921739
You could just have her go to the graveyard instead of the command zone.
>>
The Four Color Commanders will all have their own tribal themes.

That is all.
>>
>>49921872
ok
>>
>>49921872
>tribal
eww, besides only humans appear in all colors and are a tribe.
>>
Are the gearhulks edh staples yet? I got the red and black ones and I want to try them out in rakdos vampire aggro.
>>
>>49921934
>sliver
>ally
>elemental
>dragon

There, 5 tribes.
>>
>>49921954
none of them will ever be staples

the red and black ones are pretty good though
>>
>>49921598
You've got to cram reanimation and always put Kokusho to the graveyard when he dies, but I've been doing it since he got unbanned and it's actually kinda fun. Here's my list if you want to get a general idea how it's done.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/the-sushi-train-has-no-brakes/
>>
>>49922025
>ally
>sliver
dead

>elemental
>dragon
barely a tribe, outside of green/red INB4 lorwynn
>>
>>49922025
>WUBG Silvers
>WURG Elementals
>UBRG Dragons
>WUBR Humans
>WBRG Allies

Doesn't sound too unrealistic. My only complaint would be that Humans and Allies feel too similar thematically. Perhaps:
>WUBR Wizards
>WBRG Warriors
?
>>
>>49922081
>>49922025

We don't want 5 color tribes though anyway, that would mean leaving important tribe members of the missing color

lorwyn's elemental need every color
>>
File: 1475690320948.jpg (100KB, 640x516px) Image search: [Google]
1475690320948.jpg
100KB, 640x516px
>>49921872
Nuh uh they'll be a selection of the Nine Titans. Urza will be the nongreen one, Tevash Szat will be the nonwhite one, Guff will be the nonblack one, etc. Get it right, nerd.
>>
>>49922094
>Slivers
>Without Heart, Fury, Homing, Magma, or Two-Headed Sliver
>>
How many times have you stifled an opponent's turn 1 fetch?

I've gotten it three times now; once they scooped immediately.
>>
>>49922133
>giving a card to urza

Might make one for yawgmoth as well.
>>
>>49922075
you've built a bit more in the reanimation theme than i have. mine revolves more around a sac engine (grave pact, sangromancer, grave titan, etc) since it's based on an endrek deck. i don't really like playing stuff like entomb or 1-for-1 reanimation cards.

i might put erebos, god of the dead at the helm instead, but i'm afraid of doing that since his ability stops lifegain (a main theme in my deck) and people would just steal/copy him at every opportunity
>>
>>49922175
If slithers had to lack one color it would be black.

I really hope they aren't making them tribal, I just pointed out that there exists tribes in all colors, not just humans.

>>49922195
We avoid doing shit like that at my LGS because we want to enjoy the EDH matches, not win at all costs.
While it's really good to fuck over one players first land, possibly removing one player from a game before it even begins, only to have him be a spectator for 20-60 minutes isn't why we come to play EDH.
>>
>>49922195

Never because there are hardly any fetchlands in my meta

I have stifled strip mine three times though
>>
>>49922232
Mother fucker Nicol fucking Bolas got a card, Urza can get a fucking card. Fuck.
>>
>>49922232
Are you saying Urza or Yawgmoth would be less powerful than, say, Emrakul?
>>
>>49922325
Meant to say more powerful obv.
>>
>>49922325
>>49922315

I think he just meant that it's been so long and wizards had endless opportunities to give urza and yawgmoth cards but chose not to

Nicol bolas had a card before he became such an important character, but they did give him another later on
>>
>>49922257
I tend to hold it for either my close friends(because fuck you) or the two tryhards in our group that attempt to win by turn five. Stifling those triggers and forcing them to actually play a game instead of "Shuffle-Draw-I win".
>>
>>49922325
Both alone are far more powerfull than the "three titans" united.

>>49922315
Nicol Bolas was literally a no one before the mending, that's why his card looks so odd its from fucking legends.
>>
>>49922315
Nicol Bolas, the Legendary Dragon, is before his spark ignited and he was just a very strong dragon.

Nicol Bolas, Planeswalker is post-mending.
>>
>>49922432
Didn't they make all pre-mending planeswalkers in the 2014 sets bar Daretti?
>>
>>49922195
More times than I can count. I also have Misstepped opponent's T1 sol rings or mana dorks, which is really pleasurable. Bonus points for Strip Mining their only land afterwards.
One of my friends is really competitive in a way "I want to win and do anything I can to do it", he only plays french and refuses multiplayer matches. He only has one deck of commander and he plays it like it's a modern deck. He always keeps 1 land hands if he has a dork or Duress or similar. He played the Abzan tapland which I mined, and he ended up with topdeck mode for over 6 turns, when I already had way over 10 mana available for my Memnarch to grab anything he plays.
Thanks or reading my blog, please become a patron and subscribe.
>>
>>49922463
Yes, and I deeply dislike that decision because "Pre-mending walkers are too powerful to accurately portray on a card" was their go-to argument for years, and then they went and fucked it up
>>
>>49922384
>Both alone are far more powerfull than the "three titans" united.
Not interested in Goku vs. Superman discussion, just saying very, very powerful beings have been printed on cards and the "Urza's too powerful for a card" argument is getting really autistic. If there's demand for an Urza card, which I believe there is, then capitalism trumps power level autism.
>>
>>49911855
>haste is only in red and blue

what?
>>
>>49922503
No one "fucked up" anything, they consciously stopped clinging to something that has no use. Not all retcons are bad.
>>
>>49922504
>getting really autistic
>getting
>>
>>49922384
...wrong? It took three Oldwalkers, working together, to craft a plane-wide prison for the three Eldrazi.
>>
>>49922518
The autism level spiked after Wizards printed Freyalise et al., confirming they no longer give a fuck about oldwalkers being gods. Still complaining after the decision is made is worse.
>>
>>49922529
And took a newwalker to kill them.
>>
>>49922549
Technically it took two of them, one of which was cheesing a bullshit infinite mana combo.
>>
>>49922559
>Technically it took two of them, empowered by the sheer power of their love.
ftfy
>>
>>49920790
You have to equip it to a token, otherwise it should just come back when the creature phases back in. It only gets lost when the token ceases to exist.
>>
>>49920790
I posted this here before, and it's easy, just a lot of colors.

1: Song of the dryads.
2: Liquimetal Coating/Mycosynth Lattice
3: Bludgeon Brawl
4: Magnetic Theft(to any creature token)
5: Reality Ripple.
>>
>>49922529
This was because Ugin believed they were part of a greater ecosystem, not because he couldn't destroy them.

Even if he couldn't, it's quite likely specific avenues of magic were needed to anchor their forms to a plane and kill them proper anyway.
>>
>>49922759
>real easy
>has to be rug
>5 card combo to get rid of a general

Honestly, I'd rather just play Nevermore and protect it than bother with that chain.
>>
>>49922907
Yeah, it's a 5 card combo.
Easy, not real easy.
RUG is a decent color array, you can dig, ramp, and protect.
The opponent's commander is gone from the game, permanently, without anymore protection needed.
>>
>>49911402
>thicc

My nigro.
>>
>>49923003
Still highly unlikely you will be able to pull it off. Not sure I'd run that in anything but a pure jank build. Animar and Riku are pretty tight for slots.

Then you just become "that guy" and they usually scoop. Happens to me whenever I Declaration of Naught someone's commander.
>>
>>49923136
I got it off once, using my Riku "Play-Your-Deck" deck. Only a few people here build decks that are useless without their commander.
>>
>>49911835
I run her in MW and holy shit is she good. And she can dork the turn she comes out if I have MW in play, and often draws me 1-2 cards if shes on the field when i cast MW. One of my favorite cards to see in a early hand.
>>
>>49922035
The white one is amazing.

The red one works well, but is very niche.
>>
>>49922035
>>49923350

So the red one is good, the black and white ones are probably good. The blue one is over priced and the green one sucks.
>>
>>49922195
>scooped immediately

What a fucking baby.
>>
>>49922257
>spectator for 20-60

Over one fetchland?
>>
>>49923350
The white one is terrible
>>
>>49923431
Not always, but commander decks usually need a lot of lands. Keeping a 3 land hand and getting one blown away can easily just put you out of the game if you don't draw more.
>>
>>49921503
>conduit of ruin
Your play group insta-quits over a 6 drop turn 3?

aka, a sol ring plus any other ramp?
>>
File: images-1.jpg (4KB, 299x169px) Image search: [Google]
images-1.jpg
4KB, 299x169px
>>49923535
>easily recurrable wrath is terrible
>>
>>49923659
>"Wrath" that lets your opponents keep at least one, and possibly two creatures
>>
>>49923605
maybe you should run more lands or keep a hand with more lands. Out of any fucking format EDH is the one where you can most likely comeback from being behind on lands.
>>
>>49923682
>then wipes out their artifacts and enchantments

Do you even play this game?
>>
>>49923703
Letting your opponent keep their best "whatever you are trying to get rid of" is generally not your best option.
>>
>>49923659
>wrath
It's not though, since your opponent keeps the biggest problems they already have.
Cataclysm hits lands and Tragic Arrogance you get to make the choices. Granted, they can't be reanimated, but fuck me if I'd pick crappier version of it.
>>
>>49923535

Caraclysm minus the land clause on a body seems perfectly fine. Nowhere remotely near terrible.
>>
>>49923714
>>49923747
Get spot removal for single big threats.

This hits wide decks perfectly.
>>
>>49923769
The problem is, if my wrath still lets them keep their biggest threat, I don't fucking care if my wrath is 'recurrable', because THEY STILL HAVE THEIR BIGGEST THREAT
>>
>>49923789
In a situation where their one threat is going to kill you, spot removal would be better. That is correct.

That does not make the white gearhulk terrible.
>>
>>49923838
And in a situation where you want to remove -all- of their creatures, instead of just their chaff, one of a dozen other wrath spells are better.

I don't care if an effect is recurrable if it's a bad effect.
>>
>>49923769
I run spot removal. Even my black deck has 20+ removal spells, but it's not like I have them all the time. Besides if I want to wrath, I want threats to be removed. If I want to give options, I'm running Cataclysm. You can run your pet card all you want for all I care, but it's nowhere as good as you think.
In an ideal situation, it will fuck over tokens and nonland ramp decks, but normally people aren't gonna have million enchantments, artifacts, creatures and planeswalkers on the field at the same time.
>>
>>49923879
...Wrath doesn't destroy non-creature permanents. Seriously, against some decks these kinds of board wipes are very effective. What's more is, Wrath doesn't get past indestructible, Cataclysmic does.

Comparing apples to fucking oranges here, are we folks?
>>
>>49922252
Erebos only stops your opponents from gaining life, he doesn't give a shit what you do. If you wanted him at the helm, it's probably be a great idea. Only reason I still run Kokusho at the helm of mine is mostly because I've run him for 2 years and I've kind of grown attached.
>>
>>49923942
Okay, so why am I running something that gets rid of MOST of their enchantments instead of ALL of them? Why am I running something that gets rid of MOST of their artifacts, instead of all of them?

Why would you want something that does three things poorly instead of one thing well?
>>
>>49923886
>it's nowhete as good as you think
It's also nowhere as bad as you seem to think.

I have a strong feeling you haven't even tried it out.
>>
>>49923967
Because the majority of the time you're using it on a more advantageous board for yourself than your opponents. Saying "this does all these things but worse" is like saying that because you're paying four mana for a cryptic command means its bad. Doing multiple things at once in a recurrable fashion on your terms is going to be good if you have factored it into your plans.
>>
>>49923961
you misunderstand me

erebos turns into a creature very easily in monoblack. when he does, people start copying and stealing him with the billion spells that do that in EDH. and then i can't drain others anymore and i get fucked. only like All is Dust can remove a stolen Erebos in monoblack
>>
None of these examples that people give are creatures though.

Being the ETB on a creature makes it so much better.
>>
>>49924013
Let me correct myself, I should say the four mana for cryptic command being bad is because you might view it just as a counterspell or just as a draw spell.

The reality is that it does these things together and that makes it good. Not omg best card ever, but good. It wraths and bane of progresses nearly everything on the board while getting past Gods and hexproof. That's good in my books.
>>
>>49923649
They dropped out due the fact that my eldrazi spells would cost 6 less to cast next turn, and besides they hate eldrazi and find it to be pure bulshit.
>>
>>49923942
But cataclysmic doesn't even get past indestructible, if the person decides not to sac it.
And even when I know that I can play around the effect more than my opponents, I'm still gonna get fucked, unless I have absolutely nothing. I can waste my mana on something that actually does something meaningful.
>>
>>49924020

>people are wasting clones and steal spells to prevent you from gaining life

Sounds like you're winning m8
>>
>>49924066
I can tell you a white blue control shell would cream itself over being able to play this and clear the majority of threats it has to worry about for itself. Esper Artifacts even moreso.
>>
>>49924077
it is a bit of a problem since my deck has a tendency to kill itself with pain draw effects. if i cant gain life, i just fucking die
>>
>>49924020
Well, unless you are very afraid of not being able to gain life, you at least have a beater. Chances are, that the clones are not gonna be creatures and maybe your opponents aren't gonna be able to draw either. I recommend fixing your deck a little, if hosing lifegain causes you to lose.
>>
>>49924099

I think the white gearhulk is playable but esper artifacts wouldn't want it, it would destroy nearly all of their artifacts. The card is best in a deck with balanced permanent types and more spells than permanents
>>
>>49924020
As can Karn if you have one, or Scour from Existence if you're really digging. I hear you though, that would be troublesome, though I'm sure there are much scarier things in your deck they could copy.

Anyway, back to the point, I love Kokusho as a commander because he tends to make opponents think twice about swinging at you willy-nilly, and that tends to bring the game to a more advantageous pace for me to just go off. Not to mention having guaranteed access to Kokusho in a multiplayer game being just silly. I've dropped into some massive games and once I kill Kokusho once, it's so big a swing in life totals that it doesn't matter that I'm now public enemy #1.

That's just my take though.
>>
>>49924099
>esper artifacts
And annihilate their own boardstate as well? Besides, I run UW stax, and I don't cream myself over this. I know no one that would. While white hulk isn't completely useless, I wouldn't play it over any wrath I could play.
Biggest problem are big and fast creatures, when people can afford to pay for propagandas, and again, if I'm getting mauled by a single creature, hulk isn't gonna do jack shit.
>>
>>49924141
the deck is designed for long grindy games (in contrast to my other decks), and a lot of my cards tax my own life to use. i routinely drop down like 14 life in a single turn from using greed, then i go back up by 24 life when i use gray merchant.

my meta is pretty good for lifegain too. no infect or voltron, just a whole lot of burn everywhere. i don't usually even lose to a bad board, i just get outdamaged.

getting the commander stolen probably won't happen that much but it's still going to be annoying
>>
File: 224.jpg (64KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
224.jpg
64KB, 312x445px
I used to run a Tariel deck that happily ran effects like Razia's Purification to leave behind nice Tariel-artifact-enchantment synergies behind after the bottleneck. Stuff like Tariel and Thousand year Elixir, etc.
>>
New thread
>>49924726
>>49924726
>>49924726
>>49924726
>>
>>49923383
The green one is niche. It has use with counter shenanigans or wild pair.
>>
>>49924807
It's also a really good power to cost ratio with trample, great in Xenagos for example.
>>
>>49911855
Damn you to hell. I thought that was a real card at first. I have been wanting to make a knight deck for AGES, and I finally settled on queen marchesa.
Thread posts: 334
Thread images: 38

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.