[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

EDH/COMMANDER GENERAL

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 323
Thread images: 48

File: Sapling.jpg (69KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Sapling.jpg
69KB, 312x445px
Indestructible Edition: Your favorite creatures that people just can't remove.

Old Thread >>49889533

RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
http://www.mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
http://www.tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the internet.
http://www.edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
http://manabasecrafter.com/

>CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
http://gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface
http://www.magiccards.info
>>
ban sol ring
>>
Unban Emrakul
>>
File: Image.jpg (31KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
31KB, 223x310px
What does everyone think of Pharika?
Been thinking about making a political/enchantment deck with her.
>>
New Ulamog has been a pretty sweet control finisher.

>indestructible
>exile two permanents
>opponent exiles top 20 cards of their library

Feels good.
http://mythicspoiler.com/bfz/cards/ulamogtheceaselesshunger.html
>>
>>49903669
She'd be a great polotical commander as long as people are attacking around. Instant speed deathtouch blockers for everyone. Plus then that feeds the graveyards for you, and helps you exile all the reanimator targets. I tried to build her when I first started out, but I had no cards and I sucked so it was shit, but someday I will build her again.
>>
File: 1476943670877m.jpg (118KB, 1024x763px) Image search: [Google]
1476943670877m.jpg
118KB, 1024x763px
>>49903725
>mfw reanimating newlamog on turn 2 in Mimeoplasm

Even without the benefit of his cast ability the salt was unreal
>>
>>49903759
The text doesn't say you give that snake to the controller of the creature in said graveyard though.

Wouldn't you just get them yourself?
>>
>>49903847
"It's owner" refers to the owner of the targeted card, so no.
>>
File: 1415319992110.jpg (36KB, 498x602px) Image search: [Google]
1415319992110.jpg
36KB, 498x602px
>>49903780
That's fookin glorious mate.
>>
File: IMG_7887.png (138KB, 200x279px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7887.png
138KB, 200x279px
She's pretty broken so far.

Aetherworks marvel also works wonders here when you have infinite squirrels thanks to my nigga Deranged Hermit.
>>
>>49903847
it does

''Exile target creature card from a graveyard. it's owner put a 1/1 snake''

It's the owner of the exiled card.
>>
>>49903877
yea, a guy at my LGS built her, and she's broken to shit right now.
>>
>>49903780
How'd you drop that so quick senpai
>>
>>49903878
Yeah my bad I didn't read
>>
>>49903901
Probably had Entomb in his opening hand
>>
>>49903890
>Delve for Temporal Tresspass
>literally freecast anything UB has that's top tier
>>
>>49903917
That i dig, but then how'd he get blue and green with 2 the next turn?
>>
>>49903875
>>49903901
>t1 swamp, sol ring
>t2 island, strategic planning see ulamog, animate dead, and another land
>take the animate dead and drop the rest into gy
>still 1 from sol ring animate dead on ulamog.
>>
I unitionically want to do the spawnsire deck that one guy was talking about. What is the cheapest Eldrazi card for me to get 200 of?
>>
>>49903966
Oh shit Incubator Drone is only a penny. Hoping to do a mass removal spell then shuffle my graveyard into my library to win.
>>
>>49903669
she is way worse than you think. Her ability being restricted to creature cards really sucks
>>
File: KGH.jpg (67KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
KGH.jpg
67KB, 312x445px
How would you guys build karametra?
I have tried this and that but all attempts have been shit.
>>
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/hippo-enchantress-1/

I'm trying to make enchantress a thing but I've never seen it done before. This is my first pass, recommendations?
>>
>>49904114
edhrec
>>
File: Azelka, Life's Eclipse.png (319KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Azelka, Life's Eclipse.png
319KB, 375x523px
Yo /ccg/, my playgroup has decided to allow all of us to design ONE custom Commander for use in our playgroup. I wanted to make use of a Orzhov coloured Commander that made use of Black's life-loss draw with White's rampant lifegain. Also had it in mind where it was an Angel because there are no good B/W Legendary Angel. Did I do good or is this completely borked? Need Opinions and advice on how to make it more balanced, if necessary.
>>
>>49904114
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/karametra-sitter-of-faces/
>>
File: Azelka, Life's Eclipse (1).png (320KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Azelka, Life's Eclipse (1).png
320KB, 375x523px
>>49904143
Also, alternative art work, because I'm indecisive
>>
File: Azelka, Life's Eclipse (2).png (332KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Azelka, Life's Eclipse (2).png
332KB, 375x523px
>>49904143
>>49904153
This version is a Demon, because there is no Legendary B/W Demon and that is tragic.
>>
>>49904143
That card is complete bonkers. She could lose half her abilities and still be overpowered. Also that artwork is terrible.
>>
I've been playing around with an Endrek deck but he seems a bit too slow for my meta. I've been thinking of reworking my deck a bit and putting Ghoulcaller Gisa at the helm instead. Good idea? Should I go for a zombie tribal or goodstuff?
>>
>>49904194
>Bad Artwork
If you think that's bad, you should see the final two versions, they're weebshit and I know how that triggers you guys. But ok, any way to make it balanced?
>>
>>49904234
She is an angel, so she must be able to fly. But take away deathtouch and lifelink. Also you could switch the other two abilities. She puts a card into your hand and you gain life equal to the converted mana cost. At the end of turn you lose life equal to the number of cards in your hand.
>>
>>49904143
Make the draw occur whenever you gain 5 or more life in a single turn and at the end of turn. Ditch the handsize-lifegain completely
>>
>>49904188
A little too easy to cast.

Make it 3BBW.
>>
>>49904296
I'm ok with switching the two abilities, but how about me upping the mana cost by one, axing deathtouch and keeping the Lifelink?

>>49904324
In that version, do you think I should still lose life equal to the CMC or it be a flat draw?

>>49904351
I was thinking of dropping one of the keywords and upping the cost my (1). Would that be any better?
>>
>>49904153
I really wanted this to be the new art for blindinf angel
>>
>>49904384
I would keep the life-loss=CMC and perhaps swap out the deathtouch for vigilence
>>
>>49904384
Personally, I would keep Flying and Lifelink and then just make her a bigger Bob.

maybe 4BW would be fine.
>>
File: Azelka, Life's Eclipse (4).png (312KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Azelka, Life's Eclipse (4).png
312KB, 375x523px
>>49904414
>>49904438
How's this?
>>
>>49904562
Fair enough
>>
>>49904627
Cool beans. Thanks bunches guys.
>>
>>49904127
Help on my pillowpile plz. Hippo win condition is the best win condition.
>>
>>49904153
>>49904143
>>49904188
you fucked up on the template, kid. it should have black and white on the art/text border
>>
>>49903934
Maybe Reanimate in that same hand?
>>
>>49904195
any thoughts? i want my deck to suck a bit less
>>
>>49904758
Damn. Changing it now.
>>
File: Image.jpg (30KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
30KB, 223x310px
>>49904114
a lil tech for ya if you're so inclined
also whitemane lion
>>
>>49904143
>>49904153
>>49904188
>>49904562

Holy shit custom cards are fucking stupid. Play Magic or don't. Stop pretending.
>>
>>49905180
Dude, custom cards are so cancerous even gA won't touch them.
>>
>>49905180
Designing card is fun if you're into game design.

Though fuck people using MTG Cardsmith. this shit is horrifying.
>>
>>49905207
I missed the words in the OP that said Custom Card General.
>>
>>49905207
The problem is, nobody's ever "into" game design. They try to hamfist some top-down nonsense with only sparing knowledge of the rules, templating, or the color pie.
>>
>>49905189
what's a gA
>>
>>49905223
The guy said his group accepted one custom commander. So he's asking the commander thread. doesn't seem that farfetched, does it?

>>49905225
well, when people design singles, sure. but more people then you thing design sets
>>
Speaking of custom cards, I've been trying to brew up a possible Mardu Knight commander for a while now. Not really sure what I should go with.

Was thinking a 6CMC 4/4 body that gives all knights flanking and first strike/haste. Not really sure how to design it though.
>>
>>49905251
Yeah i guess the meaning of words can be stretched as thin as you need them to be to still apply.
>>
>>49905267
Kill yourself.
>>
>>49905251
And the people who design sets aren't complete fucking morons. Those people ARE into game design, but they're not designing 'a custom card', they're designing sets.
>>
>>49905315
yea, I know that, but we all gotta start somewhere
>>
>>49905189
But gA is a cancerous fuck himself.
>>
>>49903943
Strategic planning is one of those cards I never consider because straight card draw is usually more useful. This right here though is a sharp play that can usually end a game in a few turns when most people will have little resources. Kudos.
>>
File: fhaA6NQ.jpg (96KB, 961x759px) Image search: [Google]
fhaA6NQ.jpg
96KB, 961x759px
>>49905330
>>
>>49905343
Straight card draw is usually the better choice, but in a deck where putting things into your graveyard is nearly as good as putting them into your hand, stuff like that can be really useful (see also: Grisly Salvage)
>>
>>49905346
Fuck you gA, put on your trip so I can insult you more.
>>
>>49903966
I guarantee people will argue that you can't grab 200 of the same eldrazi from your collection.

And they would have a point.
>>
>>49905385
Well, the official stance on cards like that in Commander is "They don't work unless your playgroup agrees they do"
>>
File: temporal.jpg (30KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
temporal.jpg
30KB, 223x310px
>>49904195
>>49904817
a follow up to this since i'm not getting any of those (You)s i so desire

my deck is currently doing like a token sac thing, but i've noticed that

1) black token creators are kinda poopy both in terms of value and in overall impact in EDH, endrek included.

2) saccing stuff is rarely worth the mana/card investment. like, there are good sac outlets (ashnod's altar) but then for each good sac outlet there are like 3 low-impact ones (bloodflow connoisseur, etc) similarly ltb's are kinda bad. cards like zulaport cutthroat fun but gosh, you don't win games by building around them

my big gameplan revolves around getting tokens and saccing them to do... basically nothing. either i could keep saccing them for blood artist triggers or go full cancer with combos and contamination, and i don't really want to do that

so basically i think i need to replace like 20 of the cards in my deck to go for a more goodstuffy approach. but i don't know what i should do.

plan 1
>switch endrek to erebos
>get more instant removal and stuff, durdle around while building card advantage, win with big costly spells and mana doublers

plan 2
>switch endrek to gisa
>go for creature focused goodstuff and reanimation, keep the good sac outlets, keep the good ltbs, replace the jankstuff with goodstuff and reanimation

plan 3
>ditch monoblack and go orzhov and cast debt to deathless with 20 mana

thanks for reading guys
>>
>>49905428
The nice part about sacking isn't necessarily what the outlet does, it's how the rest of the board reacts when you sack something

For example
1 thrull+ashnods altar = 2 mana. Underwhelming

1 thrull +ashnods+dark prophecy+grave pact+smothering abomination = 2 mana, 2 card draw, each opponent sacs a creature. Now imagine how insane this gets when you have 6 thrulls
>>
>>49905428
Okay anon, I'll bite.
If you want to play tokens and sac them, you should go with Abzan colors. Or play Orzhov and go Teysa combo
If you want to play mono-B sac effectively, you need to go down the Stax route. You get the most out of your tokens when you're saccing them to Smokestack with Grave Pact out.
>>
File: 2016-10-22-12-42-15-945619900.jpg (10KB, 178x248px) Image search: [Google]
2016-10-22-12-42-15-945619900.jpg
10KB, 178x248px
>playing Aurelia on MTGO
>about every other game, someone bitches to me about how cheap Aurelia is, usually when I kill them or if I'm winning

Why do so many people think an aggro R/W general is "cheap," or are they just being salty bitches? I'd brush it off if it was just one random person, but it happens so often.
>>
File: 145.jpg (64KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
145.jpg
64KB, 312x445px
>>49905428
>black token creators are kinda poopy both in terms of value and in overall impact
????
>>
Is Sydri any good as a commander? She seems good.

I was thinking of making some sort of artifact aggro.
>>
>>49905523
I'm going to assume it's because nobody builds their decks to handle aggro. Lots of people like to durdle.
>>
File: Sydri.jpg (34KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Sydri.jpg
34KB, 223x310px
>>49905550
>>
>>49905385
There are 138 cards that are creature Eldrazi it looks like, since Battle of Wits triggers on just 200 in library I could just get one of each and then kill my stuff followed by Feldon's Cane. I have a few thousand dollars and I don't know what else to do.
>>
>>49905568
I think people would have two problems with it.

One is the multiple of the same cards in edh.

If you got around that, another problem people would have is grabbing thdm from your collection instead of a wishboard.

It's kind of a grey area, so both sides would have a point.
>>
>>49905557
That could be. It always surprises me when people bitch about normally losing through the red zone in EDH.
>>
>my girlfriend bought me a fat pack of kaladesh last night
>I was hesitant, particularly after the last couple of sets, but she was insistent
>cracked the black, green and blue gearhulks as well as a smuggler's copter
Well, that's the luckiest I'm ever going to be in my life. What should I build with those fucks? I was thinking about putting the green and black ones into Mazirek, but the blue one is a little harder to place. It seemed like a no brainer in Brago, but I took out the artifact tutor subtheme to build Memnarch, and Memnarch doesn't run a lot of non-cantrip instants.
>>
File: 301[1].jpg (69KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
301[1].jpg
69KB, 312x445px
Are >2cmc mana rocks which provide only 1 mana worth playing?

pic unrelated, but a pet card of mine
>>
>>49905679
It depends a lot on deck and how serious your meta is but as a general rule imo no. There can be exceptions though, like sometimes I think it's worth playing chromatic lantern, and probably also if your deck is heavily commander based and costs 5 cmc.
>>
>>49905679
No. The only ones that are worth it produce any colour of mana, and only in a non-green deck that can't fish very well. Sure, it's a spicy play off sol ring, but it's statistically unlikely that's going to happen, and in general there are a lot of better options for ramping.
>>
>>49905731
Honestly I think Chromatic Lantern is a staple for any deck running more than two colors. Three color fixing can still be tricky even with fetches.
>>
>>49905494
yeah, it's definitely fun when you do build a big board out of sac engine parts, but my group plays like a bunch of fucking cavemen and just attack whoever has the most permanents, even if those permanents do basically nothing at all. and then someone with actual wincons plays a tooth and nail and no one has removal left and it's "oops gg haha" time

and there's the other thing. yeah, i do have those moments when i actually draw good shit and get a big advantage, but i don't know how to turn a huge card/board advantage into a victory with monoblack. last session i drew like 25 cards into my hand and played all of them over the next few turns, and it did basically nothing to actually win the game for me. i can grind someone for 5 life or whatever with 3 cards and 9 mana (carrion feeder + marsh flitter + falkenrath aristocrat), but that ultimately ends up counting for just about nothing whereas stuff like tooth and nail just wins games. i'm fairly sure about 70% of my wins come from abusing gray merchant or an insanely fucking fat exsanguinate, and that's about it it

>>49905520
see i really love some stuff about monoblack, like the typical monoblack privilege cards like mana doublers, necropotence and gray merchant. but then the limited card pool is kinda crippling.

i also don't really like hard stax. soft stax like gravepact is fun imo but i'm not really having fun when no one can do anything except me. i like hurting everyone, but i don't like denying them the entire game

>>49905534
yep, there are good ones like grave titan, but the vast majority of them are just bad, and you can't make a consistent token theme without including some of the badstuff ones like marsh flitter. and honestly, the zombies are usually worth more alive than sacced. reactive saccing to boardwipes tends to range from pointless to minimal impact anyway.
>>
>>49905671
trade the copter and blue gearhulk away, they're super valuable right now and will go down when they rotate
>>
>>49905787
I don't really need the money. I know the blue gearhulk and copter are flavour of the month type of things, but in Shadows I also cracked a foil nahiri and sold it for $50 before the Emrakul modern deck came out, so I'm more inclined to hang onto them, particularly because I love the shit out of big stompy things. In my head, I wanted to trade the blue gearhulk for a masterpeice red one, but that shit's still 50 canadian dollerydoos for some bizarre reason.

The blue hulk always seemed underrated in my opinion, particularly in a flicker or izzet deck. I can't really see the green hulk dropping too much in price, since it's an 8/8 for 3GG, and the noxious gearhulk seems like a better Nekretal, so I'm sure I can find somewhere for it. Your right, the copter seems tremendously overrated, maybe I should just ditch it, but in the back of my mind, it might be one of those standard staples that hold solid residual value due to their over representation in the standard meta. The only thing that could really change that is if not!Egypt releases some solid artifact hate, but I think that's unlikely, since Kaladesh's artifacts are pretty well-balanced both in limited and standard.

Would it be worth it to throw together Mimeoplasm? I happen to have a foil one just hanging out in my binder, but that would require me to power down Maz pretty significantly to steal the praetors and general reanimator/tutors.
>>
>>49905679
>Somebody else runs Jeweled Amulet in their decks

My nigga.

2cmc mana rocks are useful depending on the deck. if you are running a heavily costed General with minimal mana ramp (like my Aurelia deck) I would say those work really well. Also I would recommend storage lands since those allow you to build up mana even when you don't draw cards.
>>
>>49905523
They're just salty. Everyone generally agrees that RW is the worst color combination.
>>
>>49905979
But Mardu can do some REALLY nasty things, assuming you build it right. Your average voltron Zurgo clusterfuck is much easier to deal with than someone dropping Heartless Hidestugu, slapping tainted strike/phyresis on that bitch, and blocking the damage with invulnerability. Sure, it requires that one big bomb to survive a turn, but in colours with reanimator, tutors, and protection, you're in pretty good shape.
>>
>>49905523
red induces salt because EDH is considered durdletown and good red shit is all about winning out of nowhere. it feels better to slowly lose in a back-and-forth grindfest than be one-shot by the RW player that everyone forgot about because red doesn't really project any power on the board until it kills someone. people forget that for every game that RW wins, it spends like 3 in topdeck mode playing dogshit because lmao RW cannot into card draw or ramp
>>
>>49906023
I didn't say Mardu was bad, I said RW was bad. Jeskai, Mardu, and Naya are all fine color combinations because they have access to something that RW lacks on its own. Blue gives it card advantage, Green gives it ramp, and Black gives a bit of both.
>>
>>49905109
Man, I love this guy. Used to run him in my Omnath deck. He's not the best creature, but it's such a neat ability. I'd like to see more of stuff like this. Like spells that can only be cast from your deck or something
>>
>>49906076
I know, I spilled spaghetti thinking Aurellia was Alesha Who Smiles At Death, so I appreciate you not calling me out on my silly bullshit.

Personally, I agree with your assessment. My Uril deck is hilariously strong, and I have a QM theorycrafted dethrone brew I'm itching to try out. I love Rakdos the same way, but the lack of lifegain really kills it for me. It's truly a race to the bottom more often than not, but Jund, Mardu, and Grixis are all fantastic because they're able to cover a lot of RB's weaknesses in similar fashion.

I think the only competent 2 colour decks are Golgari, Simic, Gruul, Dimir and Azorius. Even Dimir is lacking a lot because of the shitty mill focus, but the anti-meta tech is pretty solid. The rest just seem to lack true finishers, particularly BW. I ran a very tuned Ayli deck and it was twice as underwhelming as you would expect.
>>
>>49906058
>red shit is all about winning out of nowhere
I got to pilot Heartless Hidetsugu for the first time a couple days ago and can agree with that. The first couple games everyone was like "haha that game went too fast", and then the salt levels began to rise. I didn't win every game but Hidetsugu had a huge presence on the field.

This one tryhard neckbear got really upset when he tried to Cryptic Command my Wheel of Fate and I just copied his command back at him. And after I Pyroblasted another instant of his he just asked other players to kill him so he could go off to another game.
>>
Good Jeleva deck using only her precon and a 20 dollar budget?
>>
>>49906058
>good red shit is all about winning out of nowhere
Red best color forever
>>
File: 1420180778451.jpg (17KB, 285x324px) Image search: [Google]
1420180778451.jpg
17KB, 285x324px
>>49906220
Those are words arranged into a sentence, but you really aren't saying anything. You can't even buy the precon for $20, let alone a 3 colour-mana base.
>>
>>49906250
I have the Jeleva precon deck and 20 dollars. With those 20, how can I improve the deck?
>>
>>49906156
I had a Brion Stoutarm deck that was full of Fork and Shunt effects with Sunforger too. If you want to see neckbeards freak the fuck out, win a counter war against them as a red deck.
>>
>>49906277
Depends on many other factors, what do you want to build? What problems are you having with your precon in your current meta? How would you like it improved?
>>
>>49906327
Currently, I'm using a Nekusar deck, but I find it's easily beaten because it can't pick up steam fast enough. I want a Jeleva deck that can swing fast and hit hard.
>>
>>49906320
>Sunforger
I never got to test this one out but is it actually a good card, or simply the best that WR have? At a glance, 5 mana for a 4cmc instant only feels OK.
>>
>>49906220
Ad Nauseam - $6
Aetherflux Reservoir - $2
Past in Flames - $7
Mind's Desire - $2
Dark Petition - $2
Tendrils of Agony - $1
Dark Ritual - <$1
>>
>>49906351
Nekusar is a sub-optimal commander. Either you're going to make everyone mad by wheeling when he has infect, or you're going to durdle until someone inevitably out-values you.

For $20, I suggest picking up some mana-intesive things you have no intention to hard-cast, as well as top deck manipulation so you can ensure you get what you want. In Garruk's Wake is amazing, as are things like Sage Owl, Ponder, Preordain, Brainstorm, and Serum Visions. Maybe invest in a gilded lotus? You're also going to want to make sure Jeleva doesn't die very quickly, so the usual swiftfoot boots/lightning greaves are pretty good as well. If you're going spell-less I suggesting picking up rhysic study and propaganda.
>>
>>49906443
>the city of me
If you're going creatureless, I suggest picking up propaganda and rhysic study.
>>
>>49906418
It works best when you can construct a Sunforger package of various silver bullets to pull out when needed.

Also, you can do the +4/+0 beatdown for a while and just leave up RW for your instant.
>>
File: image.jpg (39KB, 400x323px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39KB, 400x323px
>Pull out Gahiji
>either get ignored and kill two people on the same turn or get immediately hated off the table

I just want to play a normal game with this deck fucking Christ
>>
>>49906418
In a RWx deck, that is basically -any- instant from your deck as the situation calls for. It's excellent.
>>
Still taking suggestions on this fuckawful idea

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/d-o-y-o-u-r-e-a-l-l-y-w-a-n-t-t-o-h-u-r-t-m-e/
>>
>>49906624
then remove Ghaji
those are literally the only outcomes of using him ya dolt
>>
>>49906443

>X is bad because it draws hate

can we stop with this meme, it doesnt make any goddamn sense

if your deck doesnt draw hate its shit. that means your commander sucks and youre not a threat. in a real meta, every deck is threatening and requires archenemy status in certain situations
>>
>>49906724
No, it's a valid criticism of particular commanders for new players. A new player bringing Nekusar to a flgs is going to get shit on instantly by everyone, because we've all played against that exact Nekusar deck I was describing. The same goes for a Narset player. If you don't build a quality deck, you're going to take it on the chin the second you test it out in a different meta, because people are used to much more powerful iterations of that commander.

This is what "X is bad because it draws hate" refers to. At mid to high level commander, it's not an issue because you're building stronger decks that are deserving of the hate they receive, but at entry level, you're more apt to be discouraged when you build something without knowing it's part of a powerful archetype that most commander players hate.
>>
>>49906762

i mean i guess you have a point if we're talking about playing against random people you've never played with before

if they see narset they will be scared but it turns out your deck might suck, thats fair

i dont think you should build your decks with that in mind though, because most edh players have playgroups or at least an LGS meta, and people are going to know what your decks do and assess them correctly

if you build a good deck, people will hate you out, even if your commander isnt one of the scary ones. if your deck sucks, people will ignore you even if your commander is broken
>>
>>49906875
Seriously- I don't understand why people will say "Don't bother building X because people will gun for you every time". That'd be true if I was planning on taking this to play with random people at a GP or something, but playing with friends I can just say "This isn't a typical combo deck, guys"
>>
>>49906908

i think its just a matter of different edh culture where they live

they probably have a huge edh scene and play random people they've never met all the time

im jealous honestly
>>
>>49906418
It's pretty good. You can go beatdown until you need to pull something from your sunforger package.

>>49906646
>basically -any- instant
Remember that it still has to be a red or white instant.
>>
>>49906875
i play with a group of friends and threat assessment works like this

who has the most life > who has the most permanents > who has the creature with the most power > who a white-bordered card on the table > who has the most lands > who actually has a powerful wincon in their deck

it's a little frustrating to play lifegain weenies in this meta
>>
>>49906922
Still, I feel like even if you're at a big shop where there's some 30+ people who play EDH, some stuff should... I dunno, spread? Like most everyone in that larger group should know that Jeff only plays wacky theme decks, Alan is an asshole Spike who will try to lawyer you with his incorrect interpretation of the rules, and that you can always trust Tim when he promises something (but never trust Kyle).
>>
>>49906925
Yeah, my group tends to poke the player with the highest life total most often. It's less "bad threat assessment" and more "nobody wants to be an asshole and pick on someone who's already 15 life lower than everyone else"
>>
>>49906908
>>49906875
You both don't understand the criticism. As a new player, if you're investing in a deck, why would you want to build something sub-optimal that you know people are going to be mad at? Meren and Prosh are a little different because they're precon commanders, but both of you would be lying if the second someone brings out brago, you aren't imagining shitty stax-locks and wombo combos. Sure, they can tell their play group blah blah blah, but no one is saying don't build those decks, they're just saying be ready for the hate you're going to receive so you don't get discouraged when some jackass predictably acts like a jackass. Same with Skittles. Is there a fun skittles brew out there? Probably, but I haven`t played against one. A new player deserves to know a commander`s reputation before they invest into it and build it. If they`re looking to be Spike McCool, who cares, they`ll be happy to hear that they picked a powerful commander. If not, it`s a reasonable precaution.
>>
>>49906666
You're weak to board wipes, add Boros Charm. Also where's your Monastery Mentor?
>>
>>49906970
>Why would you want to build something sub-optimal
Because, crazy thing, some people play this game to have fun, not to win every single game as fast and as hard as possible.
>>
File: 1469854640148.gif (2MB, 448x252px) Image search: [Google]
1469854640148.gif
2MB, 448x252px
>>49907003
>not being a Spike

You are objectively playing Magic wrong.
>>
File: 1473307038948.png (150KB, 700x615px) Image search: [Google]
1473307038948.png
150KB, 700x615px
>>49907003
And this is what we refer to as a "purple word". By using it, this particular anon latched onto it and completely disregarded the rest of the post because they felt very strongly about the connotations associated with it.

Sub-optimal, in this particular example, was used to elaborate on the premise that an unprepared player using a less-than-perfect build and being hated on is aggravating, but it was phrased into a rhetorical question for subjective characterization and rhetorical effect.

>>49907030
This was also not my point. You can be spike, if you want to be, but you can also build fun decks. Building fun decks with a spike commander is a sure fire way for bad feelings, so it's important to let people know.
>>
File: Debt-to-the-Deathless-Art.jpg (182KB, 1024x749px) Image search: [Google]
Debt-to-the-Deathless-Art.jpg
182KB, 1024x749px
>>49906136
>BW lacks finishers
>>
>>49907044
>Nurr I'm gonna talk down to other people to explain why my opinions are better than theirs
Suboptimal doesn't matter to some people. You know what's a better tip for a new player than "Don't build that, it's suboptimal and you'll get hated off the table"?

Giving them tips on how to emphasize building the deck the fun way they want, instead of the cheese way, and how to communicate to the others at the table that they just want to have a nice friendly game and their deck isn't a cheesy shitheap.
>>
>>49906418
>is it actually a good card, or simply the best that WR have?

I mean, kinda both? It's already a pretty good card it gets even better when you can cheat equip costs, which RW is good at. RW has lots of cheap instants that are really good in specific situations and Sunforger lets you have them almost at will.

So, it IS one of the best things RW has to offer, but it's also just really good.
>>
>>49906970

>As a new player, if you're investing in a deck, why would you want to build something sub-optimal that you know people are going to be mad at?

im not worried about that happening because 99% of the games i play are with the same group of friends and they'll see what the deck does and act accordingly

>A new player deserves to know a commander`s reputation before they invest into it and build it. If they`re looking to be Spike McCool, who cares, they`ll be happy to hear that they picked a powerful commander. If not, it`s a reasonable precaution.

sure they deserve to know everything you can tell them, but i just take issue with this implication that new players will have more success by choosing an inferior commander so that they draw less hate

like maybe the first time they play the deck it will fly under the radar cuz the commander is bad. but then their playgroup will adjust and see, hey, it may not be prossh or narset but we might still lose if we dont destroy his sol ring and kill his commander a few times
>>
>>49906993
Added both of those and Faith's Reward. I've got about 5 slots left; not sure if I should put in some blue card draw, grow the Sunforger package, or put in some spot removal like Return to Dust.

And even when I hit 99, it's gonna need some polishing.
>>
>>49906624
>get hated off the table
You're kinda not playing him right, then.
>>
>>49907097
No no, I've seen that before. When confronted with the "Let's you and him fight" decks that encourage your opponents to bash each other instead of you, some people will immediately form an alliance to blow you off of the table for daring to interfere.
>>
>>49903669
Shits on combo w/ graveyard hate and is one of the few commanders that can fly under the radar in a very strong colour combo. Good stuff right there
>>
>>49907136
"fly under the radar in a good color combo" usually means "is an absolute dogshit commander played only for the colors".

Pharika is really, really bad.
>>
File: 1451772247417.jpg (72KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1451772247417.jpg
72KB, 500x500px
>>49907070
And you still missed the point. Fantastic. The issue was never building decks in the good way vs. the cheese way, the issue was that building decks with powerful commanders will draw you attention, and new players deserve to be informed about their decisions, so they don't get mad when they never win with their sub-optimal Narset that receives a lot of hate. I think you need to relax anon, clearly you're worked up.

>>49907082
This is a reasonable point, in a vaccum you can build whatever you want as long as you get the consent from your group that it's not something people dislike.

>i just take issue with this implication that new players will have more success by choosing an inferior commander so that they draw less hate
See, I disagree with this statement. That's exactly what happens. Maelstrom, Prosh, and Narset rarely win long games without comboing off because people recognize them as threats and save answers. When a player uses a more obscure commander, most people aren't sure what's going on until it's too late, if you build it right. This is the best way to win a 4 player game. I can drop Uril and gutcheck a player or two, but I'm immediately going to get stomped on the second I sell out, because the power of the deck is obvious. Running something that interacts more subtly is a better strategy for both playing longer, and creating better decks. After you've mastered the basics with your for fun deck, you can confidently build whatever jank you'd like, but when you're first starting out, it's important to know whether you're making a good choice, as a noob. No one cares about Jori En, everyone's mad at Mizzix, and if you don't have the money for a T1 deck, sometimes it's best to fly under the radar.
>>
>>49907080
I get that Sunforger offers card advantage and options, but sometimes I feel like mono red has better CA options than adding white to the deck.
>>
>>49907116
I can see that, I guess. My group has yet to catch on to it. My deck is suuuuper passive, though.
>>
>>49907160
>clearly you're worked up
Not so much 'worked up' as much as "I don't appreciate smug assholes talking down to me".
>>
>>49907159
Found the R/W hater
>>
>>49907176
Nah, it's not really a 'catch on' thing. It's just a mentality. Some people will respond to a Gahiji by happily beating down the other opponents, not thinking that you'll snap their neck as soon as they've done the dirty work for you. Some will utilize your boon, but keep a wary eye on you.

And some will just decide to kill you on principle before turning their attention back to each other.
>>
>>49907172
Sunforger is not card advantage in a strict sense, it's just flexibility.

Also, how the fuck does mono-red have 'better' CA options than R/W? By definition a RW deck can run all the card advantage that a mono-red deck can, plus any white things (which are admittedly, few)
>>
>>49905267
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/avram-garrison-the-betrayer/

Is this you
>>
File: 1453422996286.jpg (104KB, 500x360px) Image search: [Google]
1453422996286.jpg
104KB, 500x360px
>>49907192
>he used scare quotes and still ignored the entire point because he's so butthurt over using "sub-optimally" to describe something
Maybe if you didn't act like a smug asshole, I wouldn't have to deflecting palm your uninformed smugness back at you. Read a little bit more carefully and this wouldn't be an issue in the first place.
>>
File: qB4LBUz.jpg (36KB, 720x515px) Image search: [Google]
qB4LBUz.jpg
36KB, 720x515px
>>49907208
>Dismisses Pharika as a bad card played for her usefsul colors
>This somehow makes me a RW hater
>>
>>49907246
Are you physically incapable of talking to someone like they're not some mental inferior?
>>
>>49907172
In 60 card decks, sure. But EDH goes long, and you can wind up top-decking pretty easily. A good number of red's CA is loot effects which don't help you with an empty hand.

YMMV, but I've had a lot of good luck with Sunforger. That's a card I swear by.
>>
File: 1436805612584.jpg (126KB, 443x376px) Image search: [Google]
1436805612584.jpg
126KB, 443x376px
>>49907255
>wah anon said mean things on the internet when I acted like a smug jerk, so I'm going to make nonsensical assumptions about their physiological make up in reference to their ability to communicate through a text-based medium
Unless you're going for ironic hyperbole, it would be mentally incapable.
>>
>>49907292
I'm really not seeing where I was smug. A jerk, sure, but that's because your messages were less about communicating actual information and more about jacking yourself off about how fucking smart you are. I could HEAR the arrogant chuckling as I read your self-important bullshit.

That is what I took offense with.
>>
>>49907228
Mono red ramps well and can justify the more expensive artifacts and other cards which do generate CA

Also benefits more from wheels if it plays out faster

I dunno, I never had a good experience with WR so I dropped it after a couple games. Mono red's been working alright for me
>>
>>49907326
>Mono red ramps well
In what fucking universe? Rituals do not count as 'ramping well'.
>>
>>49907326
>Mono red ramps well
Help me ramp well

Is it through rocks?
>>
>>49907160

>Maelstrom, Prosh, and Narset rarely win long games without comboing off because people recognize them as threats and save answers.

first of all what a weird statement, narset is a hard combo commander, obviously if they never go off with narset they wont win. prossh and maelstrom wanderer are perfectly capable of midrangey, long wins without going infinite, so i dont know what youre talking about there

>When a player uses a more obscure commander, most people aren't sure what's going on until it's too late, if you build it right.

i dont see how this could last more than the first 1-2 games with that deck. if the deck works, people are going to see it work and they wont underestimate it anymore
>>
>>49907329
>>49907340
Yeah, rocks. Red can also discard them into the GY and fish them out. Mono colors also work better with the Gauntlets, Medallions, and Caged Sun
>>
>>49907208
Please explain how Pharika is good in any way at all. Because I honestly want to like her, but she seems really really bad, even in the 99 of another deck. She's the only one of the two color gods that doesn't provide some kind of static benefit, and what she DOES do is done better by Necrogenesis.
>>
File: 1469955970590.jpg (114KB, 1065x1212px) Image search: [Google]
1469955970590.jpg
114KB, 1065x1212px
>>49907306
I'm pretty sure that's called effective diction. Like I said, if you actually read my post instead of getting mad over a word used in a context you didn't like, it wouldn't be an issue in the first place. Hence why I explained what a "purple word" referred to, and I explained it the way I did since you were acting like a smug jerk.
>>
>>49907326
Scroll Rack + Land Tax makes Consecrated Sphinx jelly
>>
>>49907373
>Yeah, rocks
You mean the rocks that a R/W deck can run just the fucking same as a mono-red deck? I'll give you the Gauntlet (singular; I doubt anyone's actually dropping the cash on Of Might) and Caged Sun, but I've never been impressed by the Medallions, and a R/W deck can still run Sol Ring, Mana Crypt, Mana Vault, Darksteel Ingot, plus Boros Signet, etc.
>>
>>49907399
Again, all I'm seeing is you jacking off about how much smarter you think you are than me.
>>
>>49907363
Not in multiplayer. If we're talking about 1v1, you're correct, but in multiplayer, Narset Prosh and Maelstrom are going to draw aggro since they tend to oops into winning boardstates, so people save answers to make sure it doesn't happen. Even if your jank-o-tron deck wins a game or two, a smart player is still going to blow up Maelstrom's boardstate after he hits the field, or stop Narset from gaining infinite turns, or stop prosh from saccing into hilarious value, because those combos are well known and obvious. Running Mazirek, instead of Meren for example, is completely different because people are unfamiliar with how he combos off, and as a result undervalue key peices. Puppeteer Clique, for example, wins me the game if I get it, a sac outlet and Mazirek on the field at the same time. No one is going to waste their swords to plowshares on puppeteer clique, even if they've seen me combo off with it, when prosh is reving up his foodchain, or Maelstrom has a large land advantage.

I understand your point, but this is more about meta-gaming established players to allow new players to get more experience. This is the same reason why building a "for fun" Zedruu deck is a bad idea. It could be the jankiest silliest thing ever, but if I'm playing against it, since I've seen mean Zedruu decks before, every bit of spare energy is going to be directed at them, assuming an even boardstate and less powerful commanders.
>>
What Equipments can generate tokens, outside of Living Weapon? I like going tall but I still need some blockers
>>
>>49907070
Did you even read his post?

He's not saying only build the best decks. Like at all.
>>
>>49907525
Moonsilver Spear.
>>
>>49907472

if it was so easy to just save answers for prossh and maelstrom that they can NEVER win a long game (seriously what a weird claim), then they wouldnt be considered tier 1-1.5

also what kind of literal retards are you playing with that dont understand mazirek + persist creature + sac outlet goes infinite?

if they refuse to use removal on a combo piece AFTER THEY'VE SEEN YOU GO OFF WITH IT, that makes them stupid, and people shouldnt build their decks on the hopes that stupid people let them win

im not even saying mazirek is bad, mazirek is a solid combo commander, but what youre saying is compeltely at odds with my experience, nobody in my meta can sneak by with card interacitons that people dont know about. we know all the interactions
>>
>>49907525
Moonsilver Spear and Sword of Body and Mind are the only ones I can think of that leave behind actual blockers.
>>
>>49907548
>if it was so easy to just save answers
Shhh, don't use logic. To these people, any game you lose against Prossh is always your fault because you should draw an opening hand of 1 land and 6 spot removal spells and only ever use them on the one specific threat that they're excusing as "not that bad", and if you keep a hand that has non-removal cards, or use up removal on other threats, it's your fault and you deserve to lose for your bad threat assessment.
>>
Spikes are a blight that must be purged from the landscape
>>
>>49907573
t. Timmy
>>
>>49907586
Nope, Johnny
>>
Looking for help with this deck, trying to keep it under $50.
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/daghatars-budget-warriors/
>>
>>49907548
>we know all the interactions
Your group might, 99% of other groups don't.

What this guy said was exactly my point:
>>49907566

You only have so much removal at your disposal, and you can only use it so often. As a result, more powerful commanders tend to draw more hate, like I've been saying the entire fucking time.

You also realize there are only two golgari persist creatures, right? It's not an interaction everyone is experienced with, and it's something that can be dealt with through combat, so most people tend to underrate it until it's too late.

Now, as to why Maelstrom and Prosh don't win long games, the games don't go on long enough for them to win a hilarious grindfest. If someone STILL has answers after you've dropped maelstrom twice by t8, you probably aren't going to win that game. As a Maelstrom player, you either out-value people the second he hits the field, or outvalue them the second or third time he hits the field. You don't win with him at all if you can't keep anything on the board. Same with Prosh. By the time you've cast him 3 times, if your opponent STILL has answers, you aren't winning the game. Is it likely that they will in either situation? No, probably not, but that's the nature of the beast, either they shit out value and win, or they don't and lose. I've never played against a Maelstrom deck that can durdle for 20+ turns, because that's not the way Maelstrom is built. You hit your ramp, fiddle with your top deck, and shit value as quick as possible until you can combo off, or your boardstate wins. Control Maelstrom doesn't seem like a thing, though I bet someone could build it and make it good.
>>
>>49907427
Well, you're not helping prove that he's not smarter than you.
>>
>>49907680
I don't need to. I don't -care- if he's smarter than me; he might be.

I just don't appreciate it when someone's contributions to a discussion are less 'contributions' and more them going "LOOK HOW FUCKING SMART I AM, EVERYONE APPRECIATE HOW SMART I AM"
>>
>>49907647
Many different issues anon, the first of which is, why did you pick one of the worst commanders in magic? He's good in the sense that you get access to WBG, but it's kind of silly to just build him as W/B.
>>
>>49907790
You're really the one who started flinging shit first.
>>
>>49907790
And, to be fair, there's nothing worse than someone who is clearly wrong whining like a bitch and acting like an idiot because someone on the internet is smarter than they are. He was at least trying to talk about magic, you're just going "abloo bloo bloo" over how "smug" he was. He's right, you acted like an uninformed jackass and he has earned the right to be smug. Don't tread amongst the weeds if you're afraid to be bitten by snakes, as the saying goes.
>>
>>49907832
>he
Cool self defense force. Are you really that fucking upset about me calling you smug?
>>
Mass Mutiny or Insurrection?
>>
File: 1471032540634.jpg (139KB, 571x800px) Image search: [Google]
1471032540634.jpg
139KB, 571x800px
>>49907847
>>49907790
>>49907548
Smug anon reporting in. My sides are erupting. Is this your first day on the internet or something? I didn't even personally insult you, and now you're jumping at shadows thinking I'm "upset" about you being objectively incorrect, and consistently uninformed? Come on hombre, go back to your containment board if you can't handle a little banter.
>>
>>49907790
You're a fucking idiot holy shit

Die in a grease fire
>>
>>49907873
>>49907880
Dude, how fucking mad are you?
>>
>>49907805
In standard, I played W/B Warriors until most of the cards I used were rotated out. That was when I switched over to playing EDH, cause I got tired of finding decks I have fun playing and then losing the decks when standard rotated.

So I'm trying to make a W/B Warriors deck for EDH, since that is a deck type I am use to playing. The only Legendary Creature that is playable with just W/B and is a Warrior is Daghatar.
>>
>>49907905
Not nearly as mad as you are

I don't see any evidence of him talking down to you, until you brought it up and he actually had reason to, because you're acting like a complete imbecile
>>
>>49907905
Not at all? You realize that not everyone on the internet is the same person, right? And that one person can't make two posts 40 seconds? It's okay to be wrong on the internet, but acting like a jackass is a sure fire way to get booty blasted by someone like myself.

That's the thing about trolls, we go away when you stop giving us attention.
>>
>>49907920
>>49907933
Yet you keep replying to him
>>
File: The Image.jpg (102KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
The Image.jpg
102KB, 640x427px
>>49907936
Of course I do? I'm a loser on the internet who's reveling in the schadenfreude. Also, there's only one person salty and invested enough to reply to two different people calling some jackass an idiot this far into the conversation, almost instantly after things were posted. I wonder who it could be.
>>
File: command.jpg (92KB, 1071x571px) Image search: [Google]
command.jpg
92KB, 1071x571px
Built an Arjun mill deck. Ive only played it once so far, but it is a lot of fun.
>>
>>49907907
That's better reasoning than I expected, fair enough. There are a few b/w humans, and Daxos is a b/w solider, if that fits your requirements? You aren't really running any tribal tech, like Obelisk of Urd, or Door of Destinies, so you wouldn't really lose that much by swapping things around a little bit, unless you REALLY want to build tribal.

In general, how do you win games? I mean, you have a lot of weenies, and if you cast them quickly you're in good shape, but I'm not sure how you actually close things out. In terms of helpful advice, pick up some more draw power. You can run sign in blood/ambitions cost/read the bones/night's whisper pretty darn cheap, and that's half a respectable draw package. Throw in Phyrexian Arena, smothering abomination, and diabolic tutor, then you have a very solid card draw package.

How I usually break things down looks a little like this:
>7-10 pieces of ramp, prioritizing things that put multiple basics onto the battlefield untapped, followed by fancy rocks like sol ring and thran dynamo, followed by things that put basics onto the field tapped, and rocks that generate one mana when you tap them
>7-10 peices of card draw
>10 things that will win you the game
>7-10 pieces of removal
This leaves you with 24 cards to build the rest of the deck. Your land package actually looks half-decent, which is a bit of a surprise, and you are running some neat tech.

Really, what do you want to get out of the deck? I haven't really heard of a b/w edh warrior tribal, but Alesha who smiles at death seems right up your alley, though I don't particularly suggest building a tricolour deck until you're more experienced. I can suggest a whole slew of neat non-warriors for you but you're kind of pigeon holed into some weird stuff at the moment.
>>
I'm building a sliver commander deck with Sliver Hivelord as my commander

Am I gonna get fuked or hated off the table anons?
>>
>>49908137
Hivelord is generally the least hate-worthy sliver commander, but slivers are pretty hated in general, so you never know.

If you're good enough to build a 5 colour deck, you probably don't need to worry about being hated on. At least you didn't pick Scion of the Ur Dragon, or Child of Alara. If you can build a functional 5 colour mana base, you're skilled enough to be fine. If you're moderately new, you're going to have a bad time with 5c anyways, so I'd suggest something else.
>>
COMMANDER SPOILERS WHEN REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>49908118
I really want to build Warrior Tribal (Because I haven't seen it done at all). I do own a lot of warriors in Red as well, but I don't own Alesha or Zurgo Helmsmasher so that rules out playing Mardu Warriors.

My plan is to hit hard and fast early game and if I can't win by mid to late game, to put as many bodies onto the field as possible. I'm considering throwing in some of my cards with Populate so I can increase the number of Warrior Tokens I'll have.

My previous EDH decks were W/B Lifegain with Karlov and W/B Enchantments with Athreos. But those were decks people at my FLGS built for me. My W/B Warriors deck is the first one I've tried to build for myself.
>>
>>49908137
It's slivers. It's going to be hated. If you are going to play a hated tribe you might as well play the better commander. Overlord is not only a bigger creature at 7/7 but it costs the same to cast and you get the added benefit of tutoring up the hivelord or any other sliver. It really makes no sense to me to use anything else.

>>49908241
Monday according to some dinguses on reddit. I thought it was supposed to be a week before the release date of the 11th, so I was under the impression it would be the 4th.
>>
is monoblack sac & recur viable? i can't really find any ETB/LTBs worth running besides obvious stuff like gary and kokusho (and kokusho is a bit too expensive for my tastes)
>>
Doubling Season is fucking disgusting and needs to not be allowed
>>
Where can I watch obsessively to get C16 spoilers? Everyone locally is fawning over standard for gameday, and my mind is stuck in suspense waiting to figure out which colour(s) I'll go for.
>>
>>49908284
If 15 dollars is too expensive for you, find a new hobby.
>>
>>49908252
Can you afford to buy Hazezon Tamar? He warrior tribal in a way.
>>
>>49908324
>what is maintaining deck power level for meta
>>
File: pathbreaker fuck-your-shit.jpg (12KB, 178x248px) Image search: [Google]
pathbreaker fuck-your-shit.jpg
12KB, 178x248px
>>49908252
Why not splash some green? You can get a ton of cheap basic land ramp from green, as well as a lot of nifty things like this bastard and Overwhelming stampede, if you just want to outvalue someone.

I think your deck is pretty solid for a beginner, test it out and see how it works, then come back. I'm always here and I'll be more than happy to help you, but realistically, I'm going to recommend a bunch of demons, some lifegain nonsense, and a few two part infinite combos that are going to make people salty with you, like most people in the thread.

For $20, pick up a phyrexian arena and cruise through the $1 singles bin and see if you can find anything neat. Like I said, I can recommend you some streamlined things, but it's more fun to build for yourself. The general ratio of cards is much more important, to be completely honest, particularly at beginning levels.

Maybe save up for a precon in the colours you like? They're usually very strong out of the box and come with a lot of staples. The Daxos one is kind of meh, but it does have a lot of neat things I'm sure you'd like. Buying singles will be cheaper, buying the precon will teach you a lot more.
>>
>>49908351
That's not what he said.

If he said "I don't want to use Kokusho because it's stronger than I want to use, for meta purposes" I wouldn't bat an eye at it.

He said "It's too expensive". If the price of a dinner at fucking Applebee's is prohibitive level, find a new hobby.
>>
>>49908391
>spending 15 dollars on a piece of cardboard

find a new hobby, i dont want retards in my thread
>>
>>49908252
Hazezon Tamar with Lovisa Coldeyes and Sosuke, Son of Seshiro as "lieutenants", 3/3 haste deathtouch sand warriors all day
>>
>>49908284
>is monoblack sac & recur viable?
Absolutely!

>i can't really find any ETB/LTBs worth running besides obvious stuff like gary and kokusho
How about Disciple of Bolas, Corpse Augur, Fleshbag & Friends, Grim Haruspex, Sidisi, Grave Titan, Rune-Scarred Demon, Overseer of the Damned, and the usual goodtsuff guys like Crypt Ghast, Nirkana Revenant, Coffin Queen, Chainer, Kothophed, and some recurring bodies like Bloodghast, Reassembling Skeleton, Nether Traitor, and Ophiomancer to round it out?
>>
>>49908430
Hobbies cost money. If 15 dollars is prohibitively expensive, Magic (let alone Commander) is not a hobby you should be fucking with.
>>
>>49908430
I spent $20 on a piece of cardboard yesterday, and intend to spend much more as soon as I get more money.

Fuck off you entitled child. People play magic because it's fun. Instantly having everything you want makes the game much less enjoyable for everyone. Waiting makes the heart grow fonder.
>>
>>49908107
That looks annoying as fuck to resolve.
>>
>>49908457
>psshh don't fuck with my hobby kiddo

lmao demonic pact mode 4 yourself my man
>>
File: 1474087198068s.jpg (2KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
1474087198068s.jpg
2KB, 125x125px
>>49908472
Nice phoneposting friendo. Come talk to us when you're out of highschool. I'm sure you have some mid-terms to study for or something.
>>
>>49908391
Eat a dick. I run a full set of judge swords but that doesn't mean I expect the same from my group. Just play the game and have fun without degenerating into some autistic elitist.
>>
>>49908472
I guess the problem is that your mom won't buy you Magic cards?
>>
>>49908371
I own a Phyrexian Arena, but was told I can't use it because I use penny sleeves and the back of Phyrexian Arena is different, says Magic Worlds: World Championship Toronto August 2001.

As for colors I like. I enjoy playing Orzhov and Dimir decks.

My FLGS does 10 commons and uncommons for $1 if they're not in the current standard. Otherwise they're 5 commons and uncommons for $1.

>>49908330
>>49908437
I don't own any warriors in Green.
>>
>>49908536
>I don't own any warriors in Green.
I can't think of any that aren't pennies.
>>
>>49908536
That's a pretty spiffy card anon, if you get better sleeves it's less of an issue, but it's still really cool.

Have you thought about Lazav? He's a sneaky bastard that does some neat things. Ayli is also fun and pretty easy to build on a budget.
>>
>>49907548
>if it was so easy to just save answers for prossh and maelstrom that they can NEVER win a long game (seriously what a weird claim), then they wouldnt be considered tier 1-1.5

maelstrom specifically is not tier 1 in multiplayer

tier 2 if anything, it requires so much luck to do anything

you gotta hit all the ramp and your opponents have to miss all their countermagic and removal and then you gotta hit on the cascades
>>
>>49908564
Creature Teferi shits in MW's mouth all day.
>>
>>49908536
>I own a Phyrexian Arena, but was told I can't use it because I use penny sleeves and the back of Phyrexian Arena is different, says Magic Worlds: World Championship Toronto August 2001.

yeah that's not a real magic card, if you got real sleeves i can't imagine anyone being mad at you for using it in casual though

get a real one if you can afford it
http://shop.tcgplayer.com/magic/apocalypse/phyrexian-arena

as far as sleeves these are really nice http://www.hareruyamtg.com/en/g/gSLEEVE000080/
or you can just get some ordinary KMC hyper mats

>>49908624
yeah exactly it's really easy to deal with maelstrom wanderer but mad idiots would rather play games that last 7 hours in which nothing happens besides politics
>>
File: 1339279943378.jpg (43KB, 490x490px) Image search: [Google]
1339279943378.jpg
43KB, 490x490px
>tfw realizing Godo just isn't very good

Even with all the best wargear and bullshit fast mana I can muster, most smart/good players see you coming from a mile away and have a way of keeping you out of the game.

Feels bad man. Godo was my first non-precon deck and it rocked when I first played it.
>>
>>49908723
He's good as 1 of the 100 in a lot of decks, but no, successful red decks don't put their eggs into fewer baskets, unless that basket is Purphoros.
>>
>>49908772
I know. I might pull the deck apart and make Zurgo Helmsmasher or Rafiq. But man do I love some extra combat, and I don't want to do Aurelia either
>>
>>49908723
ok i'm going to blow your mind anon. here's what you do

>tell your friends you've disassembled godo and there will be no more one-shot memes so they can finally stop fucking you with spot removal
>show up to the next session with a brand new deck, a fancy new gruul deck with xenagos at the helm
>enjoy your gruul color privilege and ramp to a billion mana
>use one of the billion creature tutors green has to tutor for godo every single game
>cast godo, tutor batterskull, equip batterskull to godo, pumping it to 7/7
>use xenagos to buff godo, pumping it to 14/14, swing and heal for the same amount
>new combat, use xenagos again, pump godo up to 28/28, swing, heal for the same amount

you can't really build your deck into a godo voltron but i guarantee that if you liked godo, you will love xenagos
>>
How does /edhg/ deckbuild? I personally vomit everything that possibly looks like it could be value onto tapped out, and then cut from 400+
(wish I was joking) cards to 99 over the course of a couple weeks.
>>
>>49908815
Pretty much this yeah,
>>
>>49908815
That's exactly how I build decks, with one important difference:
>after a deck is built, I wait a few months, then have an autistic fit and tear it apart to beef up other decks
>>
>>49908806
>there will be no more one-shot memes
>xenagos at the helm
I think the jig is up a bit earlier than you're implying, anon.
>>
>>49908815
I use a spreadsheet. Rows by mana cost, columns sorted and color-coded by card type. Sometimes I sort by function instead of type.
>>
>>49908835
More or less me, but with the added tidbit of losing/selling most of the non-bulk cards
>>
>>49908840
just tell them its goodstuff and that you picked xenagos for lore reasons
>>
>>49908851
>how to never have anyone believe you again
>>
File: images-4.jpg (14KB, 299x168px) Image search: [Google]
images-4.jpg
14KB, 299x168px
>>49908307
Rules tidbit about Doubling Season -

Having Doubling Season out and playing a land that ETB with counters (like gemstone mine or vivid lands) will not cause the counters to be doubled. This is because they are entering via a special action and not an effect.

However, if they come into play because of something else, say Crop Rotation, the counters will be doubled because they are coming in due to an effect.

Thats pretty rad, dude!
>>
>>49908860
itll be worth it

>"wait, we're all dead to a boar token?"

that's the true xenagos experience
>>
>>49907116
OP here, that's exactly what happens.

To be fair, I may have Chorded into Elesh Norn one too many times, but still, it's bullshit
>>
>>49908815
I write down categories, like card draw, ramp, etc, then start writing down cards in each category. I usually end up with about 150 cards and start cutting, trying not to cut too much from any one category.
>>
Anyone got some spicy hidden tech for this guy? Something out of the ordinary.
>>
>>49909063
Is there a template/program for these larger, no-border ones? Or are they just done the tedious way in Corel or Photoshop?
>>
>>49906875
He doesn't even have a point then because the idea that you're going to get shit on for playing a high threat level commander only works if you play against a playgroup with literally none of the other commanders that can be considered very powerful or obnoxious, or even just a commander that someone at the tae happens to hate or whatever. It just doesn't work like that. It's like assuming someone is brimging Narset to a table of Lady of the Mountain, Brothers Yamazaki, and Haakom.
>>
File: captain-obvious.png (41KB, 575x575px) Image search: [Google]
captain-obvious.png
41KB, 575x575px
>>49909063
Creatures with powerful enter-the-battlefield abilities, as well as creatures with powerful on-attack abilities are wonderful with Sedric! I would recommend the Titans, personally. Only the ones in Grixis colors, though!
>>
>>49905550
yea she's better as control because of certain interactions with cards like sky sovereign and caltrops. also unequiping peoples equipment is hella fun
>>
>>49909063
the only spicy tech i know for him specifically are cards that flicker your unearthed shit at the end step like conjurer's closet

then run stuff that does the same stuff that he does like feldn
>>
File: goddamned awful, just hideous.png (135KB, 200x279px) Image search: [Google]
goddamned awful, just hideous.png
135KB, 200x279px
>>49909063
God that's a horrible alter. It's like they don't understand anything about magic card design.
>>
>>49909340
>It's like they don't understand anything about magic card design.
absolutely
the best magic card design is tits-centric and features unambiguously female forms instead of abstract monstrosities
>>
>>49909063
Load your deck up with as much acceleration that black can offer, and then go hard with fatties every turn. Trample enablers will make every unearth trigger dangerous, and you have a number of strong tutors at your disposal. ETB and attack triggers are key for maximizing your unearth ability, as you only get it once. Of particular value are creatures that create tokens on either of these triggers, such as Hanweir Garrison, as going tall so often may make it difficult to have open blockers. Enchantments can further enhance this, and should be a key part of your setup during early turns. Warstorm Surge, Rooftop Storm, and Phyrexian Arena are immensely helpful for keeping pressure up and allowing you to draw into your defensive answers. You may also want to have a few sac outlets such as Ashnod's Altar to get things in your graveyard before they die to removal, and gain additional value.
>>
>>49909340
>Goo-girl waifu shit
PURGE THE BLIGHT
>>
File: eww, just eww.png (535KB, 500x688px) Image search: [Google]
eww, just eww.png
535KB, 500x688px
>>49909366
>this guy
4/10, almost got me. Well done.

>>49909376
There's nothing wrong with goo girls, but come on, Mimeoplasm is already pretty interesting, they don't need to change anything.
>>
>>49908557
Sorry, was playing Civ4.

I do not own Lazav. Here's a list of commanders I own. Commanders with a * next to them are
commanders I have cards for.

*Daghatar the Adamant
Patron of the Nezumi
*Lavinia of the Tenth
Daxos of Meletis
*Gisa and Geralf
*Silumgar, the Drifting Death
*Szadek, Lord of Secrets
Munda, Ambush Leader
*Emmara Tandris
*Karlov of the Ghost Council
Teysa, Envoy of Ghosts (Normally play her in Karlov's deck, not as a commander)
*Artheos, God of Passage
*Kolaghan, the Storm's Fury
>>
File: 706.gif (3MB, 400x169px) Image search: [Google]
706.gif
3MB, 400x169px
Well this has been one of the worse /EDHG/s in recent memory.
>>
>>49909404
Emmara is fun as fuck and a good choice for people looking to get into token decks. If you feel that it seems a bit too basic, you can also mix in some red and go for Naya tokens with Marath or Gahiji.
>>
>>49909414
seconded
>>
>>49909404
>Civ 4
You best have gone for glorious cultural victory.

Anyways, out of that list, I recommend Artheos is both very strong and pretty easy to build. I've wanted to build Silumgar, the Drifting Death for a while, and Emmara Tandris fits your strategy pretty well but requires some expensive key cards to make super fancy. Artheos is probably your best bet, followed by Envoy of Ghost (which I have ran as a commander) and Gisa & Geralf.
>>
>>49905109
>Otarian-style wurm

This art shouldn't make me this happy, but it does.
>>
>>49908499
Oh, I don't expect other people to have some ludicrous budget.

But for fuck's sake, if FIFTEEN DOLLARS is a wallet-shattering amount, then you KNOW you need to approach Magic with a serious budget in mind.
>>
>>49908635
I mean, it's "real", it's just not tournament legal. They released Worlds precons for a few years, where they'd take like... the Top 4 decks from Worlds that year, give them a special non-standard back and a gold border, and sell them. They weren't legal for tournament play, but they were moderately popular because people could 'try out' expensive, successful decks. If you had opaque sleeves, people use the Worlds cards as proxies sometimes too
>>
>>49909197
Thank you for replying?

I was worried nobody would see that up there anymore. Caltrops does seem really good with her.
>>
>>49909262
Unearth makes you exile them if they would leave the battlefield.
>>
>>49909414
>>49909452
You must be new.
>>
>>49909566
I know, right? They don't even remember the serra ascendant mental misstep thing of a few months ago, or that horrible brago stax/mogis argument.
>>
>>49909522
That question mark made me sound sarcastic, didn't mean to put that.
>>
>>49909262
>>49909542
Before anyone asks, the only way to stop the Unearth thing from exiling the card is with Sundial of Infinite
>>
>>49909437
>>49909469
Most of my toke making cards are from Core 2014 and Return to Ravnica, although I do have that one enchantment that makes Kor Ally tokens whenever I play a land from Battle for Zendikar as well as some cards that make tokes from the Tarkir block.

>>49909469
I tend to go for the Cultural or Space Race victories.
>>
>>49909621
Do you have a Voice of Resurgence? That shit's like $40. You'll probably be able to build emmara tandris half decently if you pick up some good green basic ramp cards, and find some good green draw cards. The rest of the deck will come together very naturally, depending on what you have access to.
>>
>>49909542
So instead of exile they go to exile. Going to exile instead of exile does not prevent them from coming back from exile.
>>
>>49909646
I do not own that one. I don't think any of my cards I own are worth more than $9.
>>
>>49905523
My gf built an Aurelia deck from cards she had laying around just because she pulled it from a pack.

I had to ask her not to play it against me too much :^( Aurelia so good it turned a pile of jank into death incarnate.
>>
>>49908815
Similar but with a bit of focusing done first

Most recently I believe happened over 2 days, (Surrak Dragonclaw).
I pick a few categories I want cards to fall into (ramp, big guys, card draw, jank counterspells and some mass evasion effects)

Dig through what I own and pull out cards that fit, knowing what I'm looking for keeps the nonlands somewhere around 100 before the first cuts.

Play it a couple rounds and see what big holes there are (put in a thought vessel, don't have a way to answer creatures that are much bigger than mine yet).

Can elaborate on parts of this if there are questions but I don't think anyone actually cares.
>>
>>49909664
Tell you what, throw together what you can find, and post it here sometime whenever you get a chance. I`ll take a look at it and let you know if it`s any better/worse than your last one. If you're REALLY lazy, just theorycraft it in tappedout and post it here before completely disassembling what you already have. I can recommend a very cheap ramp package, but they are some harder-to-find cards, despite being very cost effective.
>>
>>49909605
Not accurate. Ending the turn in any way (Sundial, Time Stop, Day's Undoing) work, but so would simply axing the triggers (Stifle, Trickbind, Voidslime, Summary Dismissal) or flickering the creatures (Ghostway, Cloudshift).
>>
>>49909730
>flickering the creatures (Ghostway, Cloudshift).
Unearth is specifically worded to prevent this from working.
>>
>>49909661
I'll be damned, you're right.
>>
>>49909723
Will do.
>>
>>49909752
http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/magic-fundamentals/magic-rulings/magic-rulings-archives/306690-unearth-mechanic-conjurors-closet
>>
>>49909786
Well, I almost called you an uninformed jackass, but that was surprisingly concise. Thanks anon.
>>
>>49909803
Some of the rules are pretty tricky. I've been playing for a long time and I still always learn new stuff.
>>
>>49909786
Aight, far be it from me to question a L3 Judge. I just don't understand when he says

>it only cares if the card would move somewhere other than exile
Nothing in the "if it leaves play" part of Unearth indicates that moving to the exile zone would be an exception.
>>
>>49909752
It's not though. Unearth sends them to exile instead of wherever they were going. If they're already going to exile, it doesn't matter, and Unearth won't stop them from coming back- they went to exile, so it's done caring.
>>
File: Ghost Fam.jpg (32KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Ghost Fam.jpg
32KB, 223x310px
>>49909786
But can you exile ghost senpai to the command zone after it has been unearthed/brought back with the whip and still have it come back on your next upkeep?

(Gonna see if judge thread is around)
>>
>>49909853
It's because the replacement effect moves the card to exile. If it's already moving to exile, the replacement effect doesn't change anything.
>>
>>49909853
Technically Unearth's replacement effect still applies if it's going to exile, it just... doesn't matter. It still ends up in Exile, so Unearth is happy, and since it was sent there by the flicker effect (as modified by Unearth, but still that same effect, and still going to the same place it's expected to go), the flicker has no trouble pulling it right back.

>>49909867
You can, because Obzedat is weird. The "if you do" just means "if you did choose to do the thing in the previous clause", even if "exile Obzedat" got replaced with "put Obzedat in the Command Zone" because of CR903.9. Basically you apply that, and Obzedat now reads "At the beginning of your end step, you may put ~ in the Command Zone. If you do, return it to the battlefield under its owner's control at the beginning of your next upkeep. It gains haste."

This is because the ability does not explicitly refer to the Exile zone after the instruction to exile, and is why you can Command-Zone your Commander when it gets hit by Banishing Light and still pull it back to the field by nuking the Light... but not with Oblivion Ring.
>>
>>49909063
Teferi's Veil
>>
>>49909867
Yes you can. The effect that brings it back doesn't care if it actually went to exile or not.

If the effect specifficaly said, "the exiled card," that would be different.
>>
>>49909894
>>49909896
I see. Well, you learn something new every day.
>>
>>49909913
To be fair, it is a super weird interaction and it's not immediately intuitive.
>>
I was trying to figure out a deck with proliferate using R/U, mainly creatures with counters. There is something I should keep in mind before building it?
>>
>>49909939
Yes, you will not have enough proliferate to pull off what you think you're going to do.

While proliferate is good, it's strictly better in Simic or Sultai. I don't think there are enough monoblue proliferate effects to make it worth the time invested. Now, Mimeoplasm infect with proliferate can be a very powerful deck if you built it right.
>>
>>49909960
All you get out of going into green is Plaguemaw Beast (which isn't bad), and in Black you get a 5 mana removal spell with Proliferate.

Blue/X gives you Viral Drake and Inexorable Tide.

U/R is fine.
>>
>>49909936
Yes, my intuition is "exiles and doesn't come back" replaces "exiles and comes back". I can't think of any analogies in the MtG rules system that would suggest that Unearth would be "satisfied" with the card getting exiled for other reasons.
>>
>>49910004
Fair enough, there weren't as many proliferate effects as I thought there were. I guess I was thinking about that not!proliferate commander. Something Vorel maybe?

Also, grim affliction, but two black cards does not make a good deck.
>>
>>49910010
Well, it's not that "exile and come back" is being replaced with "exile and stay gone". It's that "exile" is being replaced with "exile". That's the only part being fucked with.
>>
>>49910034
Also, Grim Affliction is -bad-. Like, very bad. I'd prefer if it just read 2B, Proliferate.

And yeah, Vorel of the Hull Clade, which is backwards proliferate- instead of putting one more counter on many things, it doubles the counter on one thing.
>>
>>49910059
That's a good point. Personally, I run Necroskitter in any infect deck so I can steal people's gods and whatnot, and grim affliction plays right into my wheelhouse, but you're right. You aren't using it to remove anything.
>>
>>49909912
I knew you could exile it to itself to "beat unearth" and that under normal circumstances you could exile it to the command zone.

The part that I was stuck on was ordering replacement effects.
Ghost council triggers, I choose to exile it to itself.
unearth and being a commander both act as replacement effects.
Applying unearth first makes it go to exile instead of exile, no change here
Then exiling stuff into the command zone works as normal.

>>49909896
The question was specifically whether unearth's effect stopped you from being able to route it through the command zone instead of exile.

After puzzling it out I believe that it does still work as desired (not disagreeing with you just the answer doesn't seem to address my specific case, O-ring example taught me something new).
>>
>>49910118
My apologies!

This is a whole other thing. Normally, Unearth -would- stop it from going to the Command Zone, because of how Unearth works. It says to exile the card if it would leave the battlefield, instead of putting it anywhere else. This means that if you tried to get around that by applying a different replacement effect first, Unearth will still apply afterwards.

But the Command Zone replacement effect has a special line that says, unlike other replacement effects, it can apply to the same event more than once. So, you try to Command Zone it, and Unearth says "no". Well, you can just apply the Command Zone again, and Unearth can't stop it, because you already applied Unearth once and it got overridden.

'course, you could just apply Unearth and then the Command Zone after that, but this keeps you from accidentally fucking yourself by doing them in the wrong order.
>>
>>49909621
W/G will be a very forgiving color scheme for you to go into tokens with. Tinker around with Emmara and see what you can put together. The mana base should be pretty cheap for you to assemble as well, with Selesnya Aggro falling out of favor in Standard and prices dropping on related lands and other specific cards like BFZ Gideon.
>>
File: counters.png (83KB, 1523x620px) Image search: [Google]
counters.png
83KB, 1523x620px
suck my deck
>>
File: igkuYyK.png (473KB, 1280x659px) Image search: [Google]
igkuYyK.png
473KB, 1280x659px
>>49908284
>tfw finally got a job last month
>would have acted exactly like this guy up until now
>just bought the new gilded Sol Ring and judge foil Damnation
>mfw
>>
File: SEDS.jpg (146KB, 396x535px) Image search: [Google]
SEDS.jpg
146KB, 396x535px
>>49909262

So in the end; the spicy hidden tech for Sedris was to print out judge posts and rulings.
>>
>>49909723
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/emmara-toke-creatures/

Didn't include cards in my other EDH deck, so it's probably not as good.
>>
File: 110.jpg (68KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
110.jpg
68KB, 312x445px
would you build an equipment deck and use this girl?
I feel that it would be better to use monoW, but I want to try to use Bludgeon Brawl and I have a collection of equipments that would like to get its dust off
>>
>>49910606
No.
>>
>>49909590
To be fair, this was was pretty bad. Misstep/Ascendant (and I think the Brago/Mogis shit) carried across several threads.

At least the Craterhoof meme has died
>>
>>49910691
proxies
>>
>>49910606
If you do, make sure to use Mycosynth Lattice, Bludgeon Brawl, and Golem-Skin Gauntlets
>>
>>49908275
Maro specifically stated it was this Monday coming in the Making Magic column from last week.
>>
File: 635654699326447939.jpg (60KB, 198x283px) Image search: [Google]
635654699326447939.jpg
60KB, 198x283px
>>49910446

Here ya go, friendo. Works for both unearth and fucking with opponents.
>>
>>49910831
>Works for both unearth
No it doesn't
>>
>>49910831
The only part of Unearth that stops is the actual unearthing. It doesn't stop it from going away at end of turn.
>>
Post silver bullets
>>
>>49910867
Cyclonic Rift
>>
>>49910867
>>
>>49910397
invert the colors, shrink it down by 50%, save as jpeg, then scale up by 200% and save again, rotate 180 degrees (direction of your choice), take a photo of it on your computer screen with your phone and upload that picture and I'll think about telling you to use tappedout.

also I just glanced at your list literally what the fuck am I reading.
>>
>>49910865
perhaps he wants it to be unearthed, and then you cast something to put it in your hand.
but it wouldn't be too much trouble?
>>
>>49910865
He's talking about the "sorcery speed" clause.
Countering activated abilities at sorcery speed is not a thing.
>>
>>49910943
Doesn't work. If it would go to your hand, it is exiled instead.
>>
>>49910947
...well, yeah. If it was a counter you could only use with the stack empty, the fuck are you gonna counter?
>>
>>49910759
only if you Turn to Slag her immediately after
>>
>>49910983
or
>>49910892
>>
>>49910934
It's a deck that goes all in on a theme and isn't half boring good stuff staples. Why put fucking Solemn Simulacra and Sol Ring in when I could cram in two more wonky counter effects instead?
>>
File: aaaaaaaaa.jpg (62KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
aaaaaaaaa.jpg
62KB, 312x445px
>>49910983
>>49911001
or pic related
but plz no bully equips
>>
Sneaky bastard Commanders?

Looking to win with guile and stealth. Some politics, but not just dropping a massive beater and smashing faces. Stealing one, maybe. Or redirecting it and having it kill someone else.
>>
>>49910853
>>49910865

Dang right. Well then I have nothing for Sedris.
>>
File: 4499.full.jpg (52KB, 200x278px) Image search: [Google]
4499.full.jpg
52KB, 200x278px
>>49909063
Phasing
>>
>>49908815
1. Pick the Commander.
2. Go through every card that I have that could go into the deck. This draft is about 60-90 cards not including lands.
3. Really think about what I want in the deck.
4. Make cuts, make cuts, makes cuts
4.1 Playtest, make changes, playtest, buy cards
5. Playtest, find what works what doesn't. I've been playing my Kraj deck for 4 years, at first I made sweeping cuts, then I optimized, and found strictly better versions of cards, and now it's gotten to the point where I have to look through the entire deck multiple times to change one card.
>>
>>49909495
>Otarian
What are Ortarian?
>>
>>49911063
>Glamer
FUCKING WIZARDS
>>
>>49905225
This is like seeing some firstgrader's finger painting and declaring all painting shitty. There is a fair bit of varience.
Thread posts: 323
Thread images: 48

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.