[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you handle edgy player characters if you are a player

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 213
Thread images: 41

File: moral choice.jpg (39KB, 640x316px) Image search: [Google]
moral choice.jpg
39KB, 640x316px
How do you handle edgy player characters if you are a player yourself? Just deal with it?
>>
>>49884006

We need more context, but the general idea is treat them how your character would treat them.

If a party member started carving up a peasant I'm gonna attack that fucker.
>>
out-edge them to find their "borders"

But, of course, it depends on how exactly the guy is edgy. GIVE FUCKING DETAILS
>>
File: tumblr_n0kw0fzKPv1s7x60do1_1280.jpg (184KB, 620x960px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n0kw0fzKPv1s7x60do1_1280.jpg
184KB, 620x960px
>>49884006

I've never really encountered an IRL player who acted edgelordy. A few who took themselves a little too seriously at first, but they usually either lightened up or took off when they realized my friend and I (the most experienced RPers in the group) weren't gonna humor them.

Back when I hung around on WoW RP servers though I encountered a shit load of edgelords. My trick was never playing characters who took everything so seriously. This doesn't mean I was just lolrandom happy joy all the time, but my characters were always totally unimpressed by the brand of chest-beating and tough guy attitudes edgelords like to play.

My favorite was the Tauren hunter who worshipped his pet Devilsaur and the book dumb lady paladin who had trouble understanding words longer than two syllables.
>>
You mean playing edgy characters? Or when other players play edgy characters?

I'm now forever-GM, but back when I was still a player, edgy characters usually solved themselves pretty quick by way of getting in over their head and dying. Dunno about playing an edgy character.
>>
>>49884020
>>49884021
This dude is constantly trying to cannibalize people, living or dead. He constantly brings up his character wanting to eat enemies are we dispatch them. When we come across dead bodies he states that his character takes a bite into them.
Yes, the setting frowns upon this behavior.
>>
File: HATREDGE.jpg (27KB, 480x262px) Image search: [Google]
HATREDGE.jpg
27KB, 480x262px
>>49884006
React in character. Odds are the edgelord will quickly become outcast in setting due to most people not wanting to deal with their hostility/grimness/strangeness.

>>49884021
This is another good option but my hope is usually that the player will learn just how cringey their character is.
>>
>>49884108

That's fucking gross, why would anyone play that.

What role in the party does the character play? Is he a friend of one of the other player characters? Is he a cleric or some other class the party would realistically want to have around?

I usually don't advocate for "tell him to change to gtfo" but I can't think of any reason why a normal human being would want someone like that around them. Even the most pragmatic CN rogue would probably tell him to knock it the fuck off if he started eating a corpse right in front of him.
>>
Just take the piss outta the edgelord. Gently mock him at every turn, and when he draws steel and gets all pissy, be all like, Whoa brah! Learn to take a joke! Followed by more mild mockery.

Either he'll lighten up, or he'll give the entire party an excuse to gangbang his ass with razor-sharp steel. Either way, you win.
>>
>>49884108
Need more information about the other characters, but in general it seems like he'd run into the authorities pretty soon.

Reacting in-character seems appropriate here. Depending on the other characters, you might even have to kill him and/or hand him over to the authorities yourselves.

Why does the party hang out with him anyway? Are you all edge-lords?
>>
File: 960.jpg (44KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
960.jpg
44KB, 960x540px
"Edgy" is a disease caused by a need for attention.

Dungeon Master says to the player:
>I'll let you do what you want, but don't derail my game or take up too much time

Players say to the egelord
>You get us arrested by authorities, we will throw you to the wolves.
>You get us in trouble in a dungeon or in the wilderness, we will leave you to die
>You go shooting your mouth off to some dragon or pit fiend because "Lol, my character can't help himself" we will leave you to die.
>If you suck the fun out of the room, this will be your last game with us.
>>
File: 2__sized_l.jpg (174KB, 482x759px) Image search: [Google]
2__sized_l.jpg
174KB, 482x759px
I guess I would be an edgelord as I typically play characters appropriate to the period the setting is like rather than just using boring modern western morales. They worship another god and you're a paladin of your god? Kill all who refuse to convert, possibly the children as well or ship them off to somebody to be raised in an orphanage and taught the 'right' way, maybe inducted into a religious order of your god.

They're enemies, but follow your same religion, but have no money? Kill them too, unless they're of higher status, then ransom them on. Also depending on the character rape might or might not be on the table, depends on their personality or the party's opinion. A hormonal knight still high off puberty never really taught that it's not OK to murder-rape enemies might very well completely slaughter villages and rape one of the womenfolk (or several), but somebody who holds themselves true to idealism might spurn that thought, possibly even sparing some of the enemy depending on the context.

But frankly, far too many roleplayers are far too tame, especially in historical settings. Murder, rape, assault- these things are far less shocking acts like they are in the modern age as they were in past times, and were entirely acceptable in war or fighting.
>>
File: zacksnyder.jpg (31KB, 460x276px) Image search: [Google]
zacksnyder.jpg
31KB, 460x276px
>>49884167

This is a great way to cause gripefests and eventually lead to your character getting gang-mauled by the rest of the party.

I'm not some goody two-shoes lawfag who gets buttmad whenever the rogue pickpockets someone but almost any party will get real sick of your shit if you take every opportunity you can find to murder and rape people who are incongruent with your own beliefs. Especially when it escalates into some huge issue; Sir Pallius the Paladin and Renn the Rogue are not gonna stand for you dragging them down into some bullshit crusade because you as a player think you need to cleanse ttrpg's from moralfaggotry. Unless you quite literally have control over their souls, they'll turn you over to your enemies in a heartbeat if not outright kill you.

3/10, here's your (You).
>>
>>49884140
My character is pretty much the CN thief with some good moments here and there. He originally joined as a means for wealth but now befriended two of the other player characters. At this point he's just disillusioned and just wants to go home.

>>49884146
The party is pretty much far away from any resemblance of civilization at the moment. The characters who witnessed his acts recoil in anger and disgust, but so far nothing has really been done. Hell, our medic even revived his ass when he took one too many hits.

If we actually make it back to our home city, I'm pretty sure our lawful character will turn the cannibal in.
>>
>>49884219
>Hell, our medic even revived his ass when he took one too many hits.
This is your problem right here, next time don't do that.

Better yet, play games that have perma-death. I find that the risk of losing your character cures the edgyness pretty quick.
>>
>>49884219

>Hell, our medic even revived his ass when he took one too many hits.

Why the fuck would he? What does this Hannibal wannabe actually contribute to the party?

Like no joke, if I ever pulled this shit with my friends and my character died, they'd never revive me. They'd just "forget" and let me make a new one. And I'd do the same.
>>
>>49884167
You really should read more history, especially history not focused on wars but more on daily life. Unless you're at actual war (and adventurers most likely aren't), none of that would really apply.

Stuff like killing someone because they're a different religion, or murdering and raping villages, or whatever, generally only happened when large groups of people got together. If a couple of schmucks went around doing that shit, they'd be offed pretty darn quick. And anyway, a hormonal and entitled knight is more likely to rape or steal from his own people and villages rather than the enemy, particularly in peace time.
>>
>>49884312

>And anyway, a hormonal and entitled knight is more likely to rape or steal from his own people and villages rather than the enemy, particularly in peace time

Everything in your post is truth but this is particularly wise. What kind of idiot would go off and potentially start a war by raping some other dude's small folk when he can just waltz down from his castle and have any farmer's daughter he wants?
>>
>>49884167
Talk to a therapist mate.
>>
>>49884006
the longer i look at this picture, the funnier it gets. every detail about it is sheer brilliance.
>>
File: E1nVjIR.png (315KB, 525x473px) Image search: [Google]
E1nVjIR.png
315KB, 525x473px
>>49884422

My favorite part is he obviously intended that stupid spider icon to look like a tattoo.
>>
>>49884229
>>49884257
I think he was healed up for two reasons. One, the medic just wanted to be nice. Two, the other player characters are penalized with sanity loss if a party member bites the bullet.
>>
>>49884518
Aren't they penalized sanity loss for watching a dude eat another dude? That system makes no sense.
>>
>>49884312
I have and that's why I posted that. If a party is involved in a conflict, shit like that is all on the table. The basic way of fighting wasn't even pitched battles, but running sorties against enemy villages that belonged to your enemy, where you killed/raped/burned everything. Or just in the wake of a war, such as the post-Shipwreck era of England after Henry the Second was named heir to Stephen of Blois. You had merc bands roaming up and down the countryside, seizing vacant castles, and of course, raping and murdering people.
>>
>>49884518

Yeah, I still don't get it.

I mean, I'd rather just take the one-time san loss (by the way, great way to encourage metagaming) than have to keep dealing with some edgefag always going into detail about how he wants to eat people.

You're still not answering my question though: what real, in-character reason does any party member have to keep this guy around? Because it sounds like he's just some useless tool who's only in the party because the players and GMs were too big of pussies to tell him to come up with a character better suited to the group.
>>
>>49884540
>The basic way of fighting wasn't even pitched battles, but running sorties against enemy villages that belonged to your enemy
Sieges, dude, the most common form of warfare was sieges.

Anyway, you're only focused on war and shortly post-war times, which still makes up an overall small part of all history. You're also focusing on a small period of time. This was by no means the norm in peace time.

In peace time, you had almost none of that. Christians and muslims got along just fine if they met when it wasn't crusadin' time.

So, unless your party is part of an actual military action during an actual war, you're way off the mark with how a person would act.
>>
>>49884529
Yeah, it doesn't. I've been talking to the GM to come up with something better.

>>49884556
I hate to say it, but your assumption is pretty much correct. Shit's going to be over soon, though, and we'll be trying a different setting with different rules. I doubt the rest of the group will let that cannibal shit slide twice. If they do, then I'm putting my foot down.
>>
>>49884599
>Sieges, dude, the most common form of warfare was sieges.
No, that's the culmination of a campaign. Sieges are long, costly things that need a big army. The main tactics of the High Middle Ages was the chevauchée, small bands of warriors fucking the enemy's shit up by trashing his economy by burning his crops into ash and turning the people who cultivate said crops into corpses. It was employed in everything from the Hundred Year's War to petty blood feuds.
>>
>>49884140
>why would anyone play that
Magical realm
>>
>>49884622
>The main tactics of the High Middle Ages
The High Middle Ages are a very, very small part of history. War in those times rarely got anything done, it was mostly pointless back and forth. Chevauchee itself was effective for a short amount of time, and pretty soon people went right back to seiges.

Anyway, that's all besides the point. Adventurers in a campaign usually aren't soldiers part of a big group that would enable them to go raiding and pillaging, so as I said before, multiple times, you can't take the way people acted in wartime and apply it to how they would act in peace time.
>>
>>49884667
It's not peace time however, there's no such thing in a medieval setting. There are always blood feuds between nobles, and even worse there's roaming bands of mercs in peacetime.
>>
File: mfw reading your post.jpg (27KB, 305x525px) Image search: [Google]
mfw reading your post.jpg
27KB, 305x525px
>>49884662
>>
File: image.jpg (48KB, 450x487px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48KB, 450x487px
>>49884673
>roaming bands of mercs

What the fuck is this guy on about?
>>
>>49884167
Oh look it's the stupid nerd obsessed with ~realism~ at the cost of ruining the game for everyone.
>>
>>49884673
For one, you're assuming that it's a medieval setting and you're also assuming that the setting is based on a small area of land somewhere in the north of France.

Even during the Hundred Year War (which seems to be the period you keep focusing on) there was plenty of peace time to go around, particularly for the peasants, it wasn't a constant orgy of rape and pillage.
>>
>>49884006
A) talk to GM about how much he's fucking up the group dynamic
B) steal his "this is what my character would do" excuse for killing his ass after my character finds him skinning a kitten or whatever it is he edges on
>>
>>49884108
Just leave him in the woods. Tie him up if you have to.

That man is clearly mad. Do what you must.
>>
Am I the only who likes to indulge in some edginess every now and then? whats the fun of playing an imaginary murder hobo if I can't go all out?
>>
>>49884682
SAUCE
>>
>>49884108
Doesn't matter how sick you are. As soon as they find out you're eating people, you're persona non grata.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tarrare
>>
>>49884006
Step 1: Calmly inform them of their edgyness and give them some time to reform

Step 2: Kick them out of the group when they inevitably do not reform and just get worse

Step 3: Go rub it on your players' faces that you were right and you should have kicked them at the start, but you didn't because the pillars of the group threatened to leave if you did so.

For fuck's sake Jo, trust me when I'm talking!
>>
>>49885071
There's a man hunter/ asscreedman and then there's a rapist/ cannibalist. One is funny. Maybe you roll your eyes when he's like: "My character wears a mask he never takes it off, he's a blade man. He'll cut you, fastest guy on the draw." but it's not sucking the fun out of the room like the guy who goes: "I skin the corpses and sew them in a pretty coat. I eat the woman's feet and then rape her, while maintaining unblinking eye contact with her husband whom I just tied up."
>>
>>49885280
>while maintaining unblinking eye contact with her husband whom I just tied up
It probably says things about my first D&D group that I find this the weirdest part of that second sentence.
>>
>>49884108
Is he a kroot?
>>
>>49884006
Talk to him. Explain to him how his actions are hurting the group's fun, as well as his own.

If that doesn't work, play as the exact opposite of edge.
>>
>>49884720

Don't crush his delusions about medieval savagery. It's all he got!
>>
>>49885200
Seconds, by Brian Lee O'Malley
>>
>>49884119
>React in character. Odds are the edgelord will quickly become outcast in setting due to most people not wanting to deal with their hostility/grimness/strangeness.
there's a simple workaround for the edgelord: high charisma. many edgelords in fiction have just that and it makes civilians marvel at their mysteriousness and blame everything else on the edgelord's detractors.
>>
>>49884167
(You)
>>
>>49884165
edgelord reply:
>enjoy your shitty samey games of having a small, close-knitted party working together just the same in every fucking goddamn setting
because, you see, whether players such as you play TOR, Star Wars, CoC or Shadowrun, it's always the same game. only reskinned by genre and with slightly different mechanics.

Pure. Cancer.
>>
>>49885439
How dare you be reasonable in here!

>>>/out/ with you!
>>
>>49884006
Treat them like they're acting the way they're acting.

Treat them like they're wearing combat armor into a professional board room and that their only communication device is a helmet.

You want to power up your weapons right after our dropship lands in the city that's contracting us before we've bonded as a party?
Hell yes the two pcs that have history together are going to immediately begin coordinating with the local militia and demand you stand the fuck down fully prepared to stand you down.

You want to break into the noble who has a very dirty little secret hidden away to steal his 400+ dollar hooch because you spent all of your starting money on incendiary shotgun slugs and not on your 2 chemical habits, despite having only heard about that booze because inventory purchases were being discussed on the table?
Damn right there will be threats of reprisal.

Out of character we started taking bets on what he'd do while trying not to laugh in session, and eventually ditching him largely because despite only the gm having ever played battletech before,sparky didn't even know how to control his mech by the season finale. Meanwhile a few months in the rest of us went on a little road trip to play opfor in the massive final battle of a huge and established group.
>>
>>49885964
Following that argument,how does adding the edgelord to the combination add anything? At best, it doubles all possible interactions (property of power sets), but 2 times as much of the same is still the same.
>>
Smugness and not wasting any oppotunity to indirectly point out how retarded he is, IC or OOC.
>All those spikes and skulls on your armour, certainly they look "intimidating" *Sarcastic statement followed by chuckle*
Basically the best way of dealing with edgelords is riddiculing them and not taking them seriously, ever.
>>
>>49886207
Eh, that can cross over into needless antagonism pretty easily, though if he's enough of an edgelord he'll flip out if you make the joke more than once. I find that ridiculously flippant people can be just as annoying as overly-serious people.
Having rival villains take the piss out of each other is always fun, though.
>>
>>49884108
>eats shit
>intoxication
>parasitic infection
>severe, incapacitating diarrhea
>>
>>49886088
it creates value conflicts between PCs, effectively creating more complex relationships than "we're all buddies in here". while there is nothing wrong per se with "us against the world" roleplaying groups, having every game work like that (particularly when every game the other players roleplay as we-are-good-but-the-end-justifies-the-means guys)... is just plain tiresome.
>>
>>49886229
But anon, I WANT him to flip out.
Especially knowing that If he attacks or does some stupid shit the party will usuallly be with me and not with him.
And this has little relation to serious/not serious dichotomy. I usually play rather seriously, keeping most humour on OOC side. But there is no contradiction in joking IC about something that geniuinely amuses your, otherwise character, like your typical edgeretard. Unless by "playing" seriously you mean playing an automaton with no sense of humour at all, but then, that's not exactly very "realistic".
>>
>>49886387
otherwise serious character, duh
>>
>>49884006
Honestly, my groups and I pretty much just laugh derisively until they either realize theyre being edgelords and change or leave.
>>
>>49886381
not if we're talking about an edge lord. an edgy character sure, but serious question here. why the fuck are you still in a group with someone edgy enough to be an edge lord?

Like why are you dragging around some brooding, antisocial, curt, murderer tickler along with you?
>>
>>49884219
Next time he goes down, start chopping of fingers and eating then
>>
>>49884673
History isn't all the 30 years war Germany pal
>>
>>49885225
That is metal as fuck.

Gonna turn this into a song right away.
>>
>>49884108
Okay so I believe its mostly to do with the brain but eating other humans can give us neural decay, turning us into pained dribbling spastics before killing us
If this autistic faggot cunt is eating people, ask the GM if he's starting to suffer
>>
File: IMG_0600.jpg (139KB, 435x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0600.jpg
139KB, 435x1200px
I'm the edgelord of my group, but from what they've told me, it bounces between tollerable and well-done.

I tend to play characters with psychological scars, who react unpredictably under specific circumstances (My Ranger goes berserk with fear around Lycanthropes, my Paladin gets cold-sweats and turns into a walking Smite-happy Biblethumper around Undead, my Sorcerer will completely shutdown around whips and act strictly to escape potential whippings, to the exclusion of all else) and focus on mixing that in with other traits, such as excessive planning, overzealous charity, or extreme ego respectively, to try and make the characters feel damaged but multifaceted.

I'm not sure if I'm an Edgelord, maybe I just like edgy to reasonable degrees, but I certainly make my characters very "edgelord" without making them insufferable. They don't hog the spotlight, they just ask for respect and then hang back, or play a role in the party they can be useful in and cooperate.

Yeah, iunno, I think I either am "One of the good ones", or I misunderstand where edgy becomes edgelord.
>>
>>49884108
Kill em.
>>
>>49886548

A little bit of edge is fine. It adds gravitas. But too much and it just gets out of place, it really depends on the setting and the group.
>>
>>49886531
I know right, the first time I read about him, I was like: this guy can't be human. How come they haven't made a film about this guy? If I wrote a book that featured this guy, no one would believe me. It'd be described as fantasy fiction.

Can't stop talking about this guy.
>>
>>49886545
It's a phenomenon observed among one tribe in New Guinea where they ate the funeral ashes of their relatives. There's a lot of confounding factors here that don't necessarily imply that eating other humans WILL suffer in Kuru (maybe the tribals developed a genetic tendency towards developing kuru, maybe it's only when you eat your relatives, maybe you shouldn't be eating so much ash etc etc etc)

Anyway, just... MAKE HIM ANSWER FOR HIS CRIMES.
>>
>>49886680
Kuru's only one of the four prion diseases you can get by eating the flesh of the infected. Creutzfeldt-Jakob's another one.
>>
"My character wouldn't be hanging around with Edgy McEdgester, I [and potentially other party members] leave".
>>
>>49886693
But that's if you only eat it regularly, right? Like you're probably going to get sick if you eat a human brain, but you won't be affected with that disease unless it's in your diet. Is that how it works?
>>
>>49884167
t. someone who learned history from A Song of Ice and Fire
>>
>>49886794
You can only get it if you eat the nervous system of a person with the prion there. The more you eat, the more likely you are to end up with that prion in a position where it can do some damage.

Prion diseases also tend to have an incubation period of 5-20 years, so you won't even know until it's too late.
>>
>>49884006
Talk to the gm
>>
>>49884006
you defuse their shit by not caring. they eat flesh. don't even react IC and OOC.

now if you want to antagonize them. just use humor. mock their behavior and laugh IC about his edginess.
>>
>>49887004
Just be completely apathetic to or amused by someone eating a corpse in front of you.

Are you sure you aren't the edgy one here?
>>
File: 852714963.jpg (23KB, 281x212px) Image search: [Google]
852714963.jpg
23KB, 281x212px
>>49884006
By making a whacky character that out-edges them at times.

Be the edgy comic relief that clashes with the edgemaster.
>>
>>49887029
>feeding the attention whore
M8...
The only thing they deserve for their edge is to be ambushed by a gang of midget clowns, who tie them down and paint their face in amusing patterns.
>>
DA EGELORD is a pretty divisive subject on /tg/ and one faggots tend to get super fixated on, same as magical realm.

Look if your idea of a well constructed character is 'he's a cannibal and he'll eat corpses because... he's a cannibal' you're a fucking faggot regardless of weather you're doing it because you're 'tortured' or because you love shock humor and thought hatred was subversive.

Lets put a little thought in shall we: You're a cannibal, how do you get away with that shit? Well for starters: Is your party ok with it, if so they're evil or shitheads so lets assume they're not. Your character has to be subtle about their behavior, Are they smart enough not to be obvious? Are they creepy? If you're an uncle-fester looking baddy constantly trying to skeevily get some 'alone time' with corpses your party is going to be upset with you, but at the same time you're a lot of more interesting than Robbie the Seemingly Normal Druid suddenly popping a squat over a freshly slain bad guy and starting to gnaw at his flesh. Creepy weird-guy being a cannibal has verisimilitude.

So why the fuck does he try and eat corpses, if he's a warlock that shits a no brainer. This is his curse, he's a worm. He's a ghoul. He's fucking gross but its against his will and makes him a little more redeemable. Maybe he isn't, maybe its something about him specifically in that he's just a grotesque person, that means that his corpse eating is even more shunable, which begs why does the party put up with this horrible contemptuous person? That's a matter of interactions between characters, perhaps he's a necessary evil, perhaps he's a consummate liar and nobody knows.

Edge isn't necessarily bad but it can be unnecessarily bad same as most things people immediately hate, sounds like this guy made a fucking cannibal because they thought that was a great beginning and end to their character's notable traits.
>>
File: A Good Laugh.gif (2MB, 360x270px) Image search: [Google]
A Good Laugh.gif
2MB, 360x270px
>>49884006
My god that precious child. They're trying so hard. I'd say they got so far but really that's only because they tripped and rolled down a hill. And it doesn't even matter because instead of say, getting a nice big knife from the kitchen, the kid grabbed a fucking barbeque lighter.

I just want to laugh and smoosh their silly little face while they yell about how they're a dangerous crazy person and I need to take them seriously.
>>
>>49884006
Unsheathe the Katana forged with your fathers blood and teleport behind him. Don't let things get personell.
>>
>>49886381

But an edgelord doesn't create"value conflicts".

The very nature of the edgelord is he dies things basically the rest of the group finds patently disruptive. That doesn't create value conflict. It just gets people mad.
>>
>>49884108

That's fucking hilarious.
>>
File: 1424937349547.jpg (89KB, 645x800px) Image search: [Google]
1424937349547.jpg
89KB, 645x800px
>>49884167

This. I ran a game where the GM had a female NPC for the first time. He had never had female NPCs in our campaign before. She was a half-elf ranger who we rescued from a caravan ambush, she was the only survivor. She asked us to help her save the rest of her friends, then got pissy when we refused because she had protected the roads for years and had probably kept owlbears away from us and saved us the danger of fighting them. Then she tried to take one of our horses to go help her friends herself. We said no, shot her in the stomach, then beat her down to 0 hp in one round. Then we bent her over a rock and took turns with her while she was bleeding to death. Then our cleric healed her back to 5 hp after we tied her up so we could beat her again. We kept doing this, healing her up to hurt her again. I think she had like 25 hp total but we ended up dealing several hundred points of damage to her. Finally one of us accidentally got a crit with a greataxe and killed her. We left her body nailed to a tree with her vagina cut open as a warning to any other ranger cunts who decided to mess with us.
>>
>>49889372

>obligatory "Hi Virt" (You)

>>49887832
I always wondered what drives a person to act like this kid. Is it just teenage angst and the deep-seated desire for your own identity? Does he think he's funny? Who is this picture for?

What do you think goes through his mind when he sees this picture on the internet?
>>
>>49886263
Prions man. Give him mad cow disease
>>
>>49889035
compare with >>49884167 and >>49884208
>>
>>49884599
>Sieges, dude, the most common form of warfare was sieges.

great you have larhge numbers of bored soldiers. what do you think will happen?

>In peace time, you had almost none of that.
and what do you think men who raped in war time do in the ensuing peace time?
>>
File: Roger A Muirebe.jpg (13KB, 260x194px) Image search: [Google]
Roger A Muirebe.jpg
13KB, 260x194px
>>49889826

>tfw >>49889035 and >>49884208 are both me
>>
>>49889372
>all that edge
you're worse than a papercut, man
>>
>>49884718
>Oh look it's the stupid nerd
You're on the wrong board, the wrong chan and the wrong internet. We're all nerds here. Don't you fucking forget it.
>>
>>49889893
lol, my point stands though. value conflicts.
>>
A True Neutral fighter tortured a vampire for info on defeating Strahd.
Is that Edgy or That Guyish?
>>
>>49889876
>In peace time, you had almost none of that.
and what do you think men who raped in war time do in the ensuing peace time?
Fuck whores while touring tournies?

Like legitimately how fucking high do you think medieval rape rates were fucking 95% or some shit?
>>
You make them grow on you.

If they are acting all dark and brooding, you a approach them, giving them a tankard of mead, asking what's wrong.
They'll refuse at first, but remember, every edgelord is actually dying to tell you his story, so they do, you listen, give them pats on the back, try to console them.

Of course this won't work, but from then on, you must always be cheerul with them, when they do something remarkable, even as simple as killing a weak enemy, you clap and say "good job [Edgyname]! You are very good". If they fail, which will happen often because edgelords are actually scrubs at the game, you must console them with phrases like "aw shucks, i know you did your best, buddy. I don't hold it against you" and stuff like that.

Make them feel wanted, make them feel loved, make them feel undersood

And when they finally reach out for you you stab them in the throat
>>
File: 1467087420291.jpg (52KB, 720x566px) Image search: [Google]
1467087420291.jpg
52KB, 720x566px
>>49889924

Again, my point in both posts is it's not really a value conflict when the "conflict" is just the rest of the party telling the guy "you're being a disruptive faggot and we don't want to suffer the consequences for your actions. Stop."
>>
You do you. who the fuck else cares.
>inb4 "hurr found the edge player"
I really dont. Honestly, if it bothers your character, then have them say something. Alot of times people have a problem thinking in the context of things.
>look at this asshole being a brooding loser edge lord
Fucking ask why in character. Maybe hes got somthing to back it up
>pfft, ol' edgy has a silent merc with face tattoos. Try hard grimdark faggot
Dudes probably seen some shit. In a world of horrible, unholy and unthinkable deaths where life expectancy was probably a good 30 years, maybe hes got a fucking reason.

Want to know how to blunt the edge? Fucking out roleplay them. If you find they have nothing to back up that shit, or its just outlandish half-demon angel, then they look like a tool infront of everyone. If they have a good backstory and warrents emo teen, then what you have done is start good dialog and character progression.
>>
>>49889372
Rarely have i read more stupid shit.
>>
>>49889975

>look at this asshole being a brooding loser edge lord
>Fucking ask why in character.

So when a PC is just being some mopey bastard all the time I have to go up and ask him "why are you always so broody, Sir Ravenor Darkway?" And then sit there while the player either unloads on me with some laundry list of personal tragedies or just goes "eugh...whatever..." and brushes me off?

Fuck that. If I want roleplay amounting to little more than "please tell me about your character" I'd just go back to WoW RP.
>>
>>49889994

How is any of that stupid? It was fun as hell. I bet you're just jealous because your DM runs shitty cookie cutter campaigns for you and your fellow faggots. Have fun slaying bandit king #427.
>>
>>49884108
Ask the GM to have him get Kuru and die
>>
>>49890038

>Have fun slaying bandit king #427.
>All the realm's bandits are actually magically-cloned super soldiers a la the replicants from Blade Runner
>players are bounty hunters/agents tasked with hunting them down

Hmm, neat idea
>>
>>49889372
>Virt

Also fucking lame.
>>
File: successfulbait.png (93KB, 1198x1200px) Image search: [Google]
successfulbait.png
93KB, 1198x1200px
>>49890084
>>49889994
>>
File: physical autism.jpg (22KB, 277x296px) Image search: [Google]
physical autism.jpg
22KB, 277x296px
>>49889372
>this that didn't happen for any logical reason if at all.
This post was a boring read
take your (you) and don't come back
>>
>>49890015
so....you like just being a bunch of people who do things together for no reason other then "we all started out in an inn for some reason."? Are you the player that, when introduced, has the back story of "I kill orcs"?
I'm not asking you to be a personal audience, I'm saying when someones an ass in the group, you could say "hey, what the fuck?". If you honestly think that a role play group should just consist of a silent, disjointed dice rolling combat machine and "I dont give a fuck about other characters problems", then maybe we are talking to the wrong player on what is and is not edgy
>>
>>49890015
>>49890272
You're both talking about two different scenarios.

Just wanted to inform you.
>>
File: 0743222564782568797.jpg (52KB, 554x439px) Image search: [Google]
0743222564782568797.jpg
52KB, 554x439px
I used to be an edgelord, and an edgelord player.

I grew the fuck up, and now I get amused when edgelords try to edgelord on me, as I just give them an unimpressed look and make some off-hand comment about a lack of originality. 9 times out of 10 they start seething and hate my guts from then on in. The one time they don't is when they just don't get it. It's fun as fuck.
>>
File: ragnathebloodedge_ROFLS.jpg (3MB, 10000x9582px) Image search: [Google]
ragnathebloodedge_ROFLS.jpg
3MB, 10000x9582px
Play Ragna the bloodedge.

Take a character that has every right to the edgiest edgelord to ever listen to linkin park, and then play them like a multi-faceted human being. This will make the other player's character look like a goofy clown in comparison. The biggest mistake people make when they write a character with a dark past is that they ignore the ability of human beings to adapt to their circumstances. Show a range of emotions, positive traits, and flaws. Ironically, edgyness works best when you let people forget for a second how fucked up your character is.
>>
File: 1565498140.jpg (14KB, 687x292px) Image search: [Google]
1565498140.jpg
14KB, 687x292px
>>49890333
Trips of truth compel me to confess that I did the same thing.

I've grown as a person since than and now I try to help the edgelords becoming better RPers. Sometimes it works.
>>
>>49890272

You can have coherent and quality roleplay without it devolving into a wankfest you know.

Nobody wants to indulge the guy who's just begging for attention with his broody, edgy behavior. You can be cagey and mysterious and get players on board with that but simply saying "my character stands there in silence, letting the blood drip from his katana" is not a particularly elegant way of going about it.
>>
>>49884108
On the strength of this being detrimental to the party by bringing the law down on them as well as interfering with proper resurrection if needed, privately tell the GM that your character cannot ride with an outlaw and that it will foul up the game. Privately, because the little twat gets off on your discomfort. If the GM does nothing, ambush him when there are guards around, if forced to explain yourself, divulge everything.
>>
>>49890362
Feel good story about breakin through to an edgy fuckface player, my good sir?
>>
>>49889949
But it is a value conflict if one PC is not above rape and the other PCs wouldn't tolerate that shit within their ranks. Not the most exciting of conflicts but other set-ups are imaginable.
>>
>>49890560

I dunno. I get what you're saying, but I always felt "value conflict" better describes a situation where two or more PCs are dynamically opposed to methods which are comparatively effective as their own but offend their own sense of morality or pragmatism.

Like remember in the first Star Wars movie when they're trapped on the Death Star? And Luke wants to go rescue the princess while Han would rather just sit and wait? And the only way Luke gets Han on board is basically bribing him? That's a value conflict.

One player wanting to murder and rape every village they come across while the rest of the party keeps telling him to knock that shit off doesn't really seem like a conflict.
>>
>>49885964
Why are you so salty about players working together? What is it about a functional gaming group having an enjoyable collaborative experience that you find so offensive? If it were "pure cancer", Mr Hyperbole, it would have killed the patient with pain and wasting illness, not led to fun and good times with friends.
>>
>>49890726

It seems he's under the impression inter-party disagreements and conflict can only be facilitated by someone who engages in activities the rest of the party finds blatantly repulsive.

Players can have interesting and conflicting goals and motivations without some guy unsheathing his katana on every guard they come across.
>>
>>49889372
Ugh. Lame. Just play FATAL and rub each other's dicks, at least then you're being honest. "ranger cunts," what a fucking loser.
>>
>>49890038
>I bet you're just jealous because your DM runs shitty cookie cutter campaigns for you and your fellow faggots.

Hmmm.... characters from the Band of Thebes have to hunt down Cook E. Cutter, the most dangerous bandit king in the known world... you know, that could work. Thanks anon!

Also, hell is not fun. It is an eternity without the salvation of God's light. So actually, you implied the game was torture without end. Given that your poor GM had to sit in a room with four sweaty neckbeards participating in a gangrape ERP, I would generally agree.
>>
>>49886548
I wish my other players could be more like you. My best players runs a Paladin climbing up the ladder of redemption. Which is good, the only problem is that everyone else in the party is trying to kill him because he owned up to the fact that he killed a Drow trying to become a Lich by less than savory means.
>>
>>49889934
Guyish
>>
>>49891267
What point is there to kill him now?
>>
I have a player that runs a Magus Samurai Kitsune drunk with the hardest Irish accent possible. His backstory is so convoluted I actually had to use maguffin magikz to get him to the rest of the party. He is CN and hardly pays attention during sessions. His character has as much direction as a leaking helium tank. One session he was helping out orphans, the next he was trying to create a monoply in the weapon market. He always bitches about his old character, a CN Drow Rouge that got *BLAMMED* by the Ranger-turned-Paladin because he was trying to become a Lich and had a cult of Nercomancers to boot. He barely knows shit about RPGs and claims that the Paladin shouldent be able to be a Paladin because he killed someone that deserved it.
He got the Warforged player to want him dead too. At this point his only PC ally is a pocket medic that can barely RP.
>>
>>49891344
None, most of them were not even affected by the Death of the Drow. It all happened in meta after the Drow player went crazy.
>>
>>49884006
We have a guy in our group that I work with, and is actually a pretty awesome guy most of the time, but when he's playing, he insists on being the edgiest shit he can possibly be. Our first campaign together he was a tiefling cleric of a torture goddess with a scythe, this time he's a poisonous snake-person assassin with a scythe, and he has a penchant for pulling over the top shit, like turning invisible and casting a red light spell on his scythe so everyone can see where he is, but the only visual is a floating red scythe. It's good for intimidate, but god damn am I sick of his scythe shit. A little variety is great, but if you play the same kind of character every fucking time I can't differentiate you from your character. All I see is your stupid ass sitting there pretending to be a badass.

That said, I've told him he should seriously branch out next time, because the campaign is going to rely heavily on trusting your party members and GM, and if his character is pulling this sort of edgelord shit, my character isn't going to trust him one iota.
>>
>>49884006
I don't know about that OP, but I love that pic. It's like he wants to be intimidating but just doesn't quite get how to do it. It's like having a rebellious punk who breaks the law by loitering or standing on the grass or jaywalking. Just small petty shit that isn't worth getting arrested for but just a little annoying, but YEAH FUCK THE SYSTEM!....but not too much.
>>
File: MAGYCK ROOONS.jpg (53KB, 1162x875px) Image search: [Google]
MAGYCK ROOONS.jpg
53KB, 1162x875px
>>49891421
>Magus
>Samurai
>Kitsune
>Drunk
>With the hardest Irish accent possible

Holy shit that sounds like it would be wonderful if done properly.
>>
>>49891499
I run a grimdark game, everyone is corrupt/is a terrible person. Like 40k but medieval.
Did I mention he rides a Giant Pink Lion?
>>
>>49889922

Yes, we're all nerds here. But the stupid ones still deserve ostracism.
>>
>>49891125
>>49890271
Rape is a perfectly logical motivation, as is sadism. Our characters enjoyed it, that's why we did it. How is that not logical?
>>
>>49891905
>it was logical
for you
>>
>>49884006
In our group we tend to make fun of them.

mean you are a grizzled mercenary hero, and now this drow punk is following you around talking about how he knows a fighting style that you've probably never heard of. Fuck em.
>>
>>49891308
Damn.
Was trying to avoid that.
Went from true good to true neutral over that.
>>
>>49891905
>our characters enjoyed it
>that's why we did it.
>How is that not logical.

Because you did it for a completely irrational reason?
>>
>>49891925
Yes that's why I said we did it because our characters wanted to. That is a logical motivation. Done nitpicking yet?

>>49892044
Why? She was being a cunt and no one was around to hear her screams.
>>
>>49891925
>>49892044

>humoring the Virtling
>>
File: Shadow_Demon_update_splash.jpg (1MB, 2560x1037px) Image search: [Google]
Shadow_Demon_update_splash.jpg
1MB, 2560x1037px
>>49884006
>How do you handle edgy player characters if you are a player yourself?
Joke's on you OP, I'm the one playing them.
>>
>>49884165

>>You go shooting your mouth off to some dragon or pit fiend because "Lol, my character can't help himself" we will leave you to die.

This happened in the game I am in. The party got stopped by a green dragon demanding tribute for using its road. I tried to charisma my way out of the situation but the edgelord decided a much better idea was to just hold the dragon's wyrmling at knifepoint (the dragon was out teaching her child about how to live off of humans). One breath attack later and the edgelord was a character short. The rest of us managed to give all our gold to the dragon to calm it back down.

He bitched about it for days but eventually rolled a new somewhat less edgy character.
>>
ITT Virtlings Virt. No one is impressed
>>
>>49890333
I was an edgelord too anon, but now I've grown up into a respectable person.

The best way I've found to deal with edgelords is to put them in ironically hilarious positions. Your edgy drifter murderhobo with a tattoo on his face predictably kills a civilian in an edgy way? Send him to the clergy where they attempt to soothe his battered soul. Inevitably, he'll do something edgelordy to try and get out of the punishment he's earned, but have the priests be as nice and polite as possible. Then, after he kills them all, send a bounty hunter to kill him, only to have that bounty hunter realize that edge mccool is secretly a kind-hearted stranger with a heart of gold who he empathizes with. When he inevitably kills the bounty hunter, have the bounty hunter's boss show up and offer him a job to help quell the anger within. ect. ect.

Very quickly they'll get sick of that shit, or embrace it.
>>
>>49891925
Was replying to bait all part of your master plan?
>>
>>49893724
Actually a good way to mock them is to have them be thwarted by the equivalent of a Furby.

Not even, like, 'defeated'. And have the Not!Furbys be, like, quite jolly and chill despite all his edgy horseshit.

Oh man that pisses them off so much when something that isn't even dangerous or also edgy and badass is an obstacle in their way. Like another example would be them getting thwarted by MLP characters who talk about friendship and fuzzy stuff.

How can Rayven Daerksoule, cleaver of cunts and Earl of Edgeheim hope to outdo the SnuggyWuggles of Happytown?
>>
>>49893870
So, have a One Punch Man in the form of a Furby defeat the edgelord?
>>
File: pacifism.jpg (29KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
pacifism.jpg
29KB, 223x310px
>>49893870
That's hilarious and instantly reminded me of this magic card. I seriously doubt an edgelord could handle losing to a cutesy opponent, particularly if they outwitted him some how.
>>
>>49893870

That's just kind of annoying for everyone though.

Levity is good poison for edgelords but there are more elegant ways to handle it than dumping a bunch of random saccharine bullshit on everyone.
>>
File: 1476635432645.jpg (76KB, 960x805px) Image search: [Google]
1476635432645.jpg
76KB, 960x805px
>>49893923
>saccharine
That is my favorite word and you're a cool guy for using it.

That is all.
>>
File: 85.jpg (16KB, 289x295px) Image search: [Google]
85.jpg
16KB, 289x295px
>>49893890
Nah, have it legitimately outwit him.

>>49893923
That depends on if everyone is down with it. Also it wouldn't be random.

The edgelord gets to be all pissed that he can't edgy and shit and just wanders off to be broody and shitty and while Nice Guy party face gets the rod of awesome from NotFurby creatures who are immune to edgelord edgyness.

Another way to mock them, is to use Not!Furbys before having someone/thing big (like the BBEG) pretty much tell him how he's a pathetic loser for thinking and acting the way he does, and how he sucks even more for not even trying to be better.

"Yeah, you suck. And it's your own fault you may have been forced to watch as your family was butchered and mom raped infront of you, which is a raw deal, but you had ample time and resources at your disposal to get help and become a better person. Instead you wallowed in it like a little bitch and deceived yourself into thinking your some awesome force when all you are in reality is some pathetic creature with a sharpened stick trying to convince himself he's the boogeyman of SettingLand. Like, the guy who cleans my latrine is better than you in every way. Weren't you just thwarted by Not!Furbys?"

Watch them cringe and get all moody.

Or embrace it and have a good time, their next character a more well-balanced person, or someone who is a walking parody of his old character.
I've seen that happen before.
Fucking bigger miracle than magnets.
>>
>>49894119
>And it's your own fault you may have been forced
Should've been

>It's your own fault-you may have been forced to yadda yadda

Obviously it's not the character's fault if that happens

Sorry. I derped the proofreading
>>
Puns.
>>
>>49894531
Yes. Edgelords hate crappy puns. And I mean that seriously.
>>
File: stories-to-tell.jpg (34KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
stories-to-tell.jpg
34KB, 400x400px
>>49884108
The resolution can be really easy.

Let his character have a bite of something that will bite him back. Like any standard Undead, say your typical Zombie.

Throw some infectious disease into his little 'edgy' character idea and see how much he likes watching his character rot away from the inside.
>>
>>49897009
yus! is good idea!
>>
>>49897009
FUUUUUCK you for reminding me of my childhood fears.

The images in that book were my goddamn bane. My brother had that fucking book and would scare the crap out of me as a little kid, so I hid it from him in one of the cupboards. I was so scared of the images and shit in those books that I actually went back to the cupboard every so often to make sure it was there. Never had the guts to throw it out at that time, though, because I was a little bitch as a kid.

So I forget about it for what seems like an eternity and, once I remember, check by force of habit in the same cupboard to see if it was still there.
It wasn't.

After convincing myself someone else found it and threw it out, I forgot about it for years until you reminded me of it with that FUCKING picture. And now I can't stop asking myself where that book is.
Thanks, you bastard.
>>
>>49884006
I had a moron across multiple groups who could not swallow his edge unless we downright ordered it (and even then he'd fancy himself a master of persuasion, because if only we could see his latest creation in action then SURELY we'd see its worth THIS time; spoilers, we never did). A young adult with all the tastes and maturity of a stereotypical 16 year-old anime fan. Thought he was playing a badass but always ended up being the group dumbass.

Biggest examples are:
>Blood-bending Spawn knock-off in an InFamous-inspired supers game
Tried to terrorize a (heavily armed) gang in the middle of their territory, destroyed their drug supply with a shower of his own blood, and took a high-caliber round to the spine while making a scene flying away and cackling madly. The last of which made him paranoid enough to never reveal his unpowered secret identity (even though it dragged down the game). Hence he'd stick to the sewers while the rest of the group walked the streets like nornal people. Thus he'd try to communicate with us via grates and manholes in darkened alleyway, which slowed things even more. His tactics didn't improve; the usual pattern was attempted intimidation of an armed criminal, successfully panicking them, getting shot, and bleeding out on the floor while all the other (arguably real) heroes won the fight and kept him from dying. He also spent five turns trying to bash his way through a brick wall to get a bad guy. Everyone else went around and used the door. Idiot finally succeeds one turn after they've already wrapped up the job.

(Cont.)
>>
>>49897668
>Darth Idon'tevenremember in Star Wars Saga Edition
Newly self-declared Sith we're tasked with taking in thinks he's hot shit because of some face-time with a dark holocron. Launches into """epic""" speech right before getting nailed in the face with a thermal detanator and Force-shoved into a wall at Mach 1. Is a total load once he joins the group because of bad speccing. Focuses on single enemies obsessively and refuses to synergize with anyone. Later decides to reveal he's a cannibal and is unanimously vetoed. Tries the wall thing again, this time with a lightsaber and a very thick metal hull. GM fiats him through after the fourth turn so he can actually contribute to the battle downstairs. Because God forbid he admit defeat an use a door. He still doesn't manage much.
>>
File: dejah2.jpg (60KB, 349x468px) Image search: [Google]
dejah2.jpg
60KB, 349x468px
>>49890038
I understand where Edgelord is coming from. There comes a time in a gamer's career where you want to break out of the "happy adventurer group" paradigm and have things get interesting. This is cool. I don't mind players like this, so long as they don't become attention whores or derail what I'm trying to do.
>>49884165
like this.

"Your group is brought before the king who begins to tell you about the bandit problem he's been having..."
>Edgelord: "I pull down my pants and shit all over the throneroom floor"

"Your group is brought before the king who begins to tell you about the bandit problem he's been having...."
>Edgy Player: "I interrupt the king, and tell him I was thinking of becoming a bandit myself, his kingdom is so rich, his noblemen so decadent and his guardsmen so corrupt and weak..."
>>
File: 1447885427990.png (13KB, 320x352px) Image search: [Google]
1447885427990.png
13KB, 320x352px
>>49898002

>Edgelord: "I pull down my pants and shit all over the throneroom floor"
Is just lolrandom faggotry

>Edgy Player: "I interrupt the king, and tell him I was thinking of becoming a bandit myself, his kingdom is so rich, his noblemen so decadent and his guardsmen so corrupt and weak..."

Is pretty stupid and puerile. I as a GM wouldn't veto a player doing something like this but he'll probably get kicked out of the court for running his mouth
>>
>>49889893
That file name.
>>
>>49884006
I've always wondered how people felt about being turned into memes
>>
>>49898062
Right. Not wise. Not smart, but not necessarily puerile. It takes the classic adventure hook, and raises the stakes by making an adversary of the king. As DM you'd have to swivel a bit, but you can make it interesting if that's how a player wants to play.
>>
>>49898441

No, waxing poetic about how the da system is broken, maaaaan, in the presence of the king is definitely puerile. None of that shit says anything of substance, especially since the situation doesn't set anyone up for that at all.

It's just tryhard 2deep4u garbage with a blend of unwarranted arrogance and if that's your idea of "raising the stakes" then you don't have much of an imagination.

2/10 you keep getting me to reply
>>
>>49898062
>probably get kicked out of the court for running his mouth
>not immediately arrested and sentenced to death for not only interrupting the king, or insulting the nobility, but for doing both of those things and then openly stating his intention become an enemy of the king and rob and pillage the kingdom.

I take it you're one of those "no PC death under any circumstances" carebear GMs?
>>
>>49898546

Honestly, it'd depend on the nature of the king and the situation. I'm just giving a best case scenario.

Frankly I've never actually dealt with that situation because I don't play with morons.
>>
>>49885225
Which fucking monster was he?
>>
File: 1476415444612.jpg (89KB, 484x720px) Image search: [Google]
1476415444612.jpg
89KB, 484x720px
>>49884006
I tend to play a lot edge-lord characters, but I try not to make it seem out of character. The last character I played was a renegade Night Lord in Black Crusade, who followed in the early steps of Konrad Cruze: IE, fucking brutal, punisher-esque justice.

For example, I would constantly go prowl on my own in the cities underhive, specifically to find gang members and brutally torture the fuck out them. One of the more memorable ones included dropping a vat of molten admantium onto a crime lord, and putting his statue in the middle of a market district. Another one was capturing a whole shitton of rapists, and human centipeding them together with some help from our Slaaneshi heretek, before letting the monster run through a red light district. I also took the liberty of personally torturing anyone we caught, so as to utterly break them. Also, after dealing with a fledgling Genestealer cult, I purposefully kept their patriarch alive, so as to torture it, and drive its followers to suicide.

I think when I reached my zenith of edge was when I skinned a Sister if battle, sewed her into the hide of a daemonette, Mind broke her, and than used her as my new Herald to help spread my terror outside of the primarus hive. The reason? She had purged the family of our party's sorcerer.

However, despite my character being a vengence boner toting edgelord, people began to appreciate his tyrannical justice, and a large part of the populace helped us when we staged a coup. In the end, my edgelord behavior led to our victory over the Gov.

But of course, this is Black Crusade, IE, edgelord the game.
>>
>>49884108
Get the rest of the group to call dibs on the bodies and start banging them before he can eat anything. He can't call you out on being edgy and if he eats the called body he can be punished for breaking in-group contracts.
>>
File: 1472096265961.gif (824KB, 400x216px) Image search: [Google]
1472096265961.gif
824KB, 400x216px
I tend to make edgy characters in a way that has my look at situations in character as jaded and detached.
I often end up coming to the solutions of for the greater good and do the things the more noble characters frown opon.
This comes into character conflict being around preventive measures vs proactive measures.

>"Hey that religious group looks kinda shady I think we should go clean that now."
>"Wtf are you trying to oppress them??"

it ends with me needed to go behind my parties backs in order to progress the story and to actually stop things before they spiral out of control.

itt. Am I a smite bot?
>>
File: 1474001923732.jpg (60KB, 527x681px) Image search: [Google]
1474001923732.jpg
60KB, 527x681px
I, on my own and after collaboration with other players, fall on the sword and tell the guy look you're making this game shit and weird despite the hard work the GM is putting in to it.
>>
File: dude 6.jpg (130KB, 988x488px) Image search: [Google]
dude 6.jpg
130KB, 988x488px
>>49884006
Be kind, friendly, and most importantly, funny. Get the other people at the table to take things less seriously, and make sure he sees all of you having a good, not-so-serious time. People want to have a good time with friends, so he'll eventually break his "super serious and edgy" barrier, and join in... probably will be awkward about it at first, but shit, so were you.
>>
>>49884006
Mock them in-character, but not enough to be disruptive. Ignore their attempts to be cool or scary.
>>
I play them, of course.
>>
what do I do if the edgelord is somewhat accepted by the party ?
we're only a few sessions in, he gave huge red flags ( shitty parents got raped backstory, acts/ooc-says he's the leader even though an npc gave someone else the role and he introduced his char as the "quiet girl", suggested torturing and murdering the guys that surrenders multiple times, implied she will attack me over a piece of loot ,etc)

the other 2 guys don't seem really bothered by her though we haven't really affected by his edginess yet

also the gm's probably good friends/trusts him since he said ooc that he wants to modify around the combat system(think he went on when I charged in and killed someone ) and he was the first to oppose when I argued against a ruling .

he's clearly got a grudge for me, I was gonna ignore him but I can do that for long
>>
>>49884472
He's trying so hard to have a cool dark side when he's clearly just a soft paw
>>
>>49889560
It's like when your dad looks at his photos from the 70s and wonders why he thought that looked cool
>>
>>49893589
Who is virt?
>>
>>49900568
Banned tripfag. Basically a guro-fetishist shitposter with a massive uncontrollable elf-girl-torture fetish.
>>
>>49899042
>it ends with me needed to go behind my parties backs in order to progress the story

You know that the story will probably progress without you going behind the back of the rest of the party, right?
>>
>>49898546
>assuming
And that's what makes you look like a total tit in but one sentence: good job anon.
>>
>>49898002
And here we see once again how terms are commonly misused and misunderstood.
>>
>>49900568
/tg/s former resident "That Guy" who still pops up as an Anon since his trip got banned but quickly outs himself due to being a creepy edgelord.
>>
>>49901178
How so?
>>
>>49900568
He is to /tg/ as kerambit guy is to /k/.
>>
>>49901272
Your greentext got your point/suggestion off well.

But then you followed it up with a baseless accusation that he must be of the extreme handholding type simply because he didn't make the consequences lethal.
>>
>>49884025
Wow as a setting really cuts the edge, you cant be an edgelord when anything more than grom hellscream is a joke and anything less is just pathetic.
>>
File: What_is_This_Nonsense.png (48KB, 333x286px) Image search: [Google]
What_is_This_Nonsense.png
48KB, 333x286px
>>49885937
I'm bothered by that usage of charisma.

If, for example, you are talking to a potential love interest and go on a rant about how much you hate sand only to follow that up with a statement about how you killed an entire village in rage I feel that no matter what you rolled on your charisma check your potential love interest should be horrified and concerned for your mental health.

GMs shouldn't let charisma be a magic "I can never commit a social faux pas" stat because some shit is just inexcusable no matter who is doing it.
>>
>>49884006
>Clockwork Orange eye thing with mom's mascara
>MSPaint ""tattoo""
>Baby's first safety lighter

This picture always cracks me up.
>>
>>49900568
http://virtualoptim.tumblr.com/post/130095772685/a-farewell-to-tg
>>
>>49903576
What games did he actually like?
>>
>>49884140
>That's fucking gross, why would anyone play that.

>You play a ghoul who uses magic to dehydrate the dead bodies of the rest of the parties kills into delicious kobold jerkies.

Um...
>>
>>49902033
>implying it's not a perfectly logical assumption
>>
>>49898002
BANE?
>>
File: 135468323457.png (167KB, 393x349px) Image search: [Google]
135468323457.png
167KB, 393x349px
>>49904047
>not knowing that assuming things makes an ASS out of U and ME
But hey, dicks will be dicks.
>>
>>49900568
I remember the thread where that faggot got banned. It was amazing. Does anyone have the screencap?
>>
>>49904572
Hisoka pls, don't you have underaged boys to molest?
>>
>>49904725
That was the one where he outed himself as an unironic FATAL fan, wasn't it?
>>
>>49900568
The only ban in the entire history of /tg/ that the userbase actually considers justified.
>>
>>49904764

>unironic FATAL fan
>unironic

Make no mistake, Virt's shitposting is a persona. Everything he does he does solely to get a rise out of people. He just has unnerving dedication to the character.
>>
>>49904844
I was in that thread. This image still gives me a warm fuzzy feeling deep inside.
>>
>>49904788

Nah there was also that one fag moot banned personally.

>>49904856
Well he's back and has been for awhile anon.

Honestly at this point the only way to really deal with him is just ignore him. Even snippant "hi Virt" remarks only encourage him. Not that it matters because there will still be people responding to his guro shit like he's being sincere.
>>
>>49904844
I'm not sure that's true. Don't you remember those two That Guy threads with someone who claimed to know him in real life? Obviously the initial (and reasonable) reaction was skepticism but all the details seemed to check out.
>>
File: APPRECIATION TIME.gif (2MB, 533x300px) Image search: [Google]
APPRECIATION TIME.gif
2MB, 533x300px
>>49903383
I see what you did there.
>>
File: 1436751133008.jpg (20KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1436751133008.jpg
20KB, 400x400px
>>49904738
It's not molestation if they like it.
>>
>>49904879
>Nah there was also that one fag moot banned personally.
How long ago approximately?

>>49905208
Well, you're technically correct, that's mindbreak.
>>
>>49889560
Wait is that the trailer from Kill Bill?
>>
>>49884108
My hunter has a giant orchid mantis who is capable of communicating with other people. She has come across corpses and asks "Hey, are you guys going to eat that?". I'm not sure if that counts as edgy though.
>>
On a side note, has anyone noticed that there is an increasing number of snotty replies on gaming forums? I'm seeing it here and on Paizo, the whole "You're probably one of those kind of GM's, so why don't you just shove your carebear rules up your ass?" -- not necessarily directed at me, either.

I thought we were all gentlemen here.
>>
>>49904904

Someone once compared his dedication to the character to Christian Bale in the Prestige
>>
The only edgelord I have ever really encountered was pseudo ironic. Like he always talked about his terrible father and brother and that they made him this way. Later on we meet the Dad and bro and it turns out that they were the nicest people in the fucking world and the edgelord just made up an excuse to run away since he hated the noble lifestyle.
>>
>>49885565

Same guy who did Scott Pilgrim. It's actually a pretty wild ride and a fun story, although it's sometimes hard to get into the heads of O'Malley's characters.
>>
File: midvale school for the gifted.png (826KB, 546x760px) Image search: [Google]
midvale school for the gifted.png
826KB, 546x760px
>>49897668
>He also spent five turns trying to bash his way through a brick wall to get a bad guy. Everyone else went around and used the door.
Holy fuck that's hilarious
>>
>>49907099
Yeah, that's awesome if you do it the first time you try and hilarious if you fail but keep trying.
Thread posts: 213
Thread images: 41

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.