[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pathfinder General /pfg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 377
Thread images: 44

File: fukkin_wizards.jpg (287KB, 1224x814px) Image search: [Google]
fukkin_wizards.jpg
287KB, 1224x814px
>THIS IS IMPORTANT!
If you want build advice make sure to say what 3pp you can use, if any.
>THIS IS IMPORTANT!

Fukkin Wizards Edition: What's your party's craziest encounter with a Wizard?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: http://pastebin.com/ihwchBhM

Psionics Augmented: Psychic Warriors playtest: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1dX4UYdtwTQKhY71Q45IHLtcu193zq1ZO5jHQ5_PnTl8/edit

Bloodforge: Infusions playtest: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1GvwMclLSw15slYI7D5xLdjMzr-Nau92hNha9Sx0LOk4/edit

Kineticists of Porphyra IV: End of an Era playtest: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XTgiUdDSrTCvATEDeDJ4MnbDgS6KEBLu2e9mjj5fwaw/edit

Broken Shackles Playtest: https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/59701/broken-shackles-test-play

Depressed Homebrewer's /pfg/ game: https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/59938/the-city-at-the-center-of-the-world

Old Thread: >>49864416
>>
File: 1476536163060.gif (1MB, 842x616px) Image search: [Google]
1476536163060.gif
1MB, 842x616px
Story:
>Ahor Jeer, the city at the center of the world is hosting The World's Fair
>the party is part of the planning committee, a government body formed to help the fair go off without a hitch
>the city is swilling in population as hundreds of thousands from around the world enter the city, everyone from companies, to inventors, to dignitaries
>the campaign starts off three months before the start date of the fair
>the governments of Ahor and Jeer are building the crown jewel of the fair, the Golden City
>first leg of the adventure follows a string of murders, and a possible scare in the months leading up to the fair
>he's been taking up by the numerous penny dreadfuls as the Fiend in City of Gold
>the party is one of the teams put on the case of tracking down the fiend

Campaign Details:
>not combat focused, more investigation/intrigue
>high magic society with the consequences there in (except for dumb exploits like auto-reset create food/water traps)
>text based game
>you are gonna start small fish in big pond
>the game's combat is not gonna be easy, expect a rough time if you don't play smart
>6-7PM PST start time, either mondays or thursdays
>major themes include surrealism, intrigue, hidden history, body horror, and conspiracies
>myth-weavers preferred

Character Creation:
>25pb
>list of allowed races: human, dwarf, half-orc, orc, goblin, hobgoblin, gnome, dhampir, kobold, tiefling, changeling, gnoll, skin walker, monkey goblin, blues, half-giants, duergar
>3rd level
>paizo/DSP/spheres allowed, other things can be requested
>standard WBL
>full hit dice level 1 & 1/2+1 every level there after
>use the "Elephant in the Room" feat tax fix
>bonus feat track!
1st: Deific Obedience or Skill Focus
2nd: Teamwork Feat
3rd: Story Feat
4th: Extra Traits
5th: Signature Skill
6th: Teamwork Feat (Again whole party gets the same one)
7th: Skill Focus

Roll20 Link: https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/1747361/the-city-at-the-center-of-the-world
>>
>you will never be choked into unconsciousness by your party's bloodrager

why live?
>>
>>49880139

>tfw still no idea what to play

I think I want to do skill monkey but I have been party face for the last two games and rogue or slayer feels like it would be a weak choice for a magic heavy game.
>>
Alright, gonna start this off with a request for advice. I'm building a Steelfist Commando for DepressedHomebrewer's game, but I've never played a Warlord or a Steelfist before

Sheet: http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=983547

Anyone got advice for me? Maneuvers/Stances I'm overlooking? Feats I need? Magic Items I should buy?
>>
So, my group switched over to Spheres of Power recently.

I am immensely preferring the system after some initial experimentation, but now I'm wondering;

I'm going to make a Sphere Magus, and obviously that means a lot of destruction talents, but what other spheres are particularly useful on a magus? Warp? Light? Telekinesis?
>>
>>49880158

I would gladly do that with my bloodrager if you were in my party.

He might even use some of his shocking grasp while doing it.
>>
>>49880101
>Sounds like you should stick to computer games.
No need to be condescending. What I meant is that most NPCs are there for a very specific purpose and don't operate on the same logic as PCs. What a NPC blacksmith should have is one feat alone the lines of:

Is a blacksmith
That person can make metal things up to specific value with statistically non relevant chance of failure. If he goes above the limit or there are obstacles like poor ore or limited time, the chance of failure increases. can't make magic things.

Here. He doesn't have ranks in Craft, because why should he? He's there to provide equpiment and move the story forward. And just to be clear, I am not saying NPC shouldn't have ANY stats. Just that giving them the same as PCs, expecially in regards to things like craft, is a mistake.
>>
>>49880314
Thats actually dumb as shit, there's NPC classes for a reason.
>>
>>49880618
>here's NPC classes for a reason.
No there isn't.
>>
What do your quest notes look like, fellow DMs?

I usually write what the NPC will say when presented with possible skill checks, what they look like, what items they have and then for the quest itself I write down possible routes the part could take (based on what I know about them) and the sort of stuff they might encounter.
>>
>>49880641
There is, the reason is so that players and other that have pc classes are special.
>>
>>49880810
Ive gotten incredibly good at improvising the small quests. Big quests get quick notes, like on note cards or the post it note program on computers that lists some general key points.
>>
>>49880857
I've gotten into the habit of building enemies with the following handycap (mostly so I can optimize them how I like and not worry about being too strong).

>start with an NPC class
>VMC
>transition into PrC

It's made some really fun characters actually.

Some of the examples I've made are:
>expert 5/crimson assassin 3 VMC rogue
>adept 5 VMC oracle/Diabolist 7
>warrior 5 VMC cavalier/hell knight commander 6

It means they're weaker than what a PC would be, but still have cool class features.
>>
>>49880810
Mental notes is the best I can do.

Though I autisticly plan out city maps.
>>
>>49880857
>the reason is so that players and other that have pc classes are special.
PC's are special because they are played by the plaers.

NPC classes are symptom of the pseudo simulationist bullshit 3.X tried to pull.
>>49880902
I just don't use NPC classes. If I need to stat someone they'll have levels in a PC class.
>>
So /pfg/, what nation/setting would you like to see as the theme of an adventure path that hasn't already been used?
>>
>>49880970
>PC's are special because they are played by the plaers.
No they're special because they are set aside from the population by being higher point buy and having PC class levels. You can pull what ever you want in your own setting, but in golarion and how paizo does it is PC class levels make you very special when compared to the populous.
>>
>>49880975
>surrealist
>body horror
>americana
>law vs chaos struggle taking center stage
>points of light

All of these at once.
>>
>>49880975
The Americas continent analog, whatever it's called (Arkadia?) I want to see fur trading, homesteads, forts and scalping! Ayayayaya!
>>
>>49880975

Nirmathas, I want to see them explore their war with Molthune.
>>
>>49880975
Besides LotLK? There's a shitton of Tian Xia that isn't touched, and Arcadia might have some cool native american lore stuff that you could work in.
>>
>>49880975

Low-level east asian.

Jade Regent didn't really satisfy due to it all being high-end by the time you reached Not-Asia.
>>
>>49880986
>t is PC class levels make you very special when compared to the populous.
That's what all the fluff and flavor text say, but there are shit ton of people with class levels that are just mooks and shit.

Seriously all the "People with class levels are SUPER SPECIAL GUYS" is just flowery junk to get newbies hyped.
>>
>>49881041
That's besides the general populous (which is mostly level 1-3 commoners) aren't statted. Any large city is mostly commoners/experts.
>>
File: KmpInq6.jpg (129KB, 500x673px) Image search: [Google]
KmpInq6.jpg
129KB, 500x673px
>>49880975
Alkenstar

>>49881004
>law vs chaos struggle taking center stage
Do you seriously think Paizo can handle this? Traditional D&D cosmology and obligations make that shit impossible.
>>
>>49881038
>>49881032

>Tian Xia
>Tons of content for uniting the Successor Kingdoms

They'd invent a threat out of nowhere and resolve it in one AP.
>>
>>49881029
Nirmathis is schedualed to be next. It's being done by Crystal Frasier. Basically Hobgoblins from Molthune siege Nirmathis and turn your party's town into Aleppo. You play Nirmathi refugees who rise up against them.

So more CG wankfest.
>>
>>49881140
>Crystal Frasier

RIP Nirmathis. You died before you even had a chance.
>>
>>49881173
Her squirrel race was pretty good, desu.
>>
>>49880857
The whole notion of "PC and NPC classes" is kinda stupid but whatever. All I'm saying is that arguing about level 20 commoners or experts getting outclassed by PCs is pointless and stupid because NPC shouldn't operate on the same logic as PCs. The master blacksmith can forge artifact swords because that's what he does and that is his purpose for being included in the narrative, not because he has 20 ranks in Craft.
>>
>>49881140
Just chiming in, I'll be sharing those as much as I can even though I'm unhappy about having to spend money to purchase it. I'll figure something out.
>>
>>49881140

So it's a fucking "create problem, solve problem" adventure in one of the few places in Avistan that have a very clear conflict that can be resolved with PC intervention?

This is like Wrath of the Righteous actually being about a bandit king that turned into a demon and the party has to stop him while the Worldwound is fixed by someone else.
>>
>>49881077
>Do you seriously think Paizo can handle this?
It was literally a thing already in Paizo's lore. The First War where Asmodeus killed his brother was entirely Law vs. Chaos up until Asmodeus performed the first betrayal.
>>
>>49880158
Why not choke your bloodrager first? To encourage reciprocation?
>>
>>49881181
>Her

>squirrel race

Anon pls
>>
>>49881209
Isn't the bloodwar always the first war? That was pretty much just law vs. chaos. Paizo ain't made that shit.
>>
>>49881279
No, the bloodwar isn't even nearly as big of a deal in Paizo's lore.

The first war was when Asmodeus and his brother congealed out of the darkness and performed the first naming. Then they came into a dispute over whether mortals should have free will.
>>
>>49881262

>Bloodrager

That has to be the name of somebody's penis.
>>
>>49881321
you do know that the bloodrager is a class
>>
>Ask players for a quick bio of their characters
>Everyone makes serious characters
>Except one guy
>He wants to play Roadhog
>Insists that if he can't, he'll drop
Why are people so insistent on playing their meme characters?
>>
>>49881326

Bloodragers are basically magical barbarians, they do not have "class."
>>
>>49881326

Why not both?

>>49881346
Probably the same reason people play weeaboo characters
>>
For those interested:

>Ironfang Invasion description
When the PCs witness their hometown of Phaendar destroyed in the first steps of an all-out war of conquest, they begin a quest that leads them from desperate survival to heroes of legend as they push back against the monstrous Ironfang Legion. This ruthless army—helmed by the hobgoblin General Azaersi and empowered by an ancient artifact known as the Onyx Key—intends to claim both Nirmathas and Molthune while the isolated nations bicker with one another. The heroes’ quest will take them deep into the fey-haunted Fangwood Forest, to the craggy bluffs of western Nirmathas, and delve deep into the earth to explore the Darklands. Can a small band of refugees grow into champions and push back against Azaersi’s horde, or will the Ironfang Invasion give way to an Ironfang nation?

>Trial of the Hunted 1/6
In the war-torn nation of Nirmathas, far from the battlefront, the sleepy little town of Phaendar is rocked by the sudden appearance of an overwhelming foe! The heroes must flee their homes, saving whatever friends and supplies they can, as the monstrous Ironfang Legion and their insidious General Azaersi begin carving out an empire of monsters from the dregs of Nirmathas and Molthune alike. The heroes must guard their band of survivors in the wilderness, challenge a troglodyte tribe for safe haven, and face the brutal bounty hunters dispatched to end their flight to freedom!
>>
>>49881346

There's always one, anon. I would let him quit, you don't want Roadhog in your game.

>tfw it's a Samurai in a western campaign.
>>
>>49881263
It's not a bad race. It's not great since it lacks a bunch of the support that other races got, but it's certainly not bad. Seriously though, try being excellent.
>>
>>49881380
>Fangs of War 2/6
With their colony of survivors safe for the moment, the heroes must scour the wilderness of the Fangwood for resources, and make contact with anyone who can help them strike back against the invading Ironfang Legion. But as they push into the wilds, all signs point to the legendary Chernasardo Rangers being wiped out or imprisoned by the merciless black dragon Ibzairiak! The heroes must face hostile fey and mythical beasts now claiming the ruined fortresses left in the dragon’s wake in order to save what remains of these legendary freedom fighters and begin the foundation of their own army

>Assault on Longshadow 3/6
Having rescued what remains of the Chernasardo Rangers, the heroes have their first chance to take the offensive against the Ironfang Legion when rumors emerge of the monstrous invaders massing to the north to siege the refinery town of Longshadow. If the Legion succeeds, their inhuman empire tightens its grip across western Nirmathas, and the mines and refineries would grant them all the raw materials their engine of war requires. But the Legion’s heavy focus on Longshadow leaves their flanks vulnerable to a campaign of sabotage and harassment! Can the PCs end the hobgoblin siege, and in the process discover the secret behind the Ironfang Legion’s lightning-quick raids and unseen troop movements?
>>
>>49881384
I don't want him to quit, since he's my best friend, but I really don't want his "ebin smuggler brawler xDDD".
>>
>>49881380

OH MY GOD FUCK THAT CRAP PAIZO YOU HACKS

OH LOOK MOLTHUNE AND NIRMATHAS ARE ONLY BACKGROUND NOISE BECAUSE WHO FUCKING CARES ABOUT ACTUALLY IMPACTING THE LORE? FUCK THAT SHIT EVERYONE KNOWS THE THING PEOPLE COMPLAINED MOST ABOUT WITH WOTR WAS MAKING A DIFFERENCE.
>>
File: mikestoklasa95percenthit.png (240KB, 428x456px) Image search: [Google]
mikestoklasa95percenthit.png
240KB, 428x456px
>>49881412
Nah dawg... everybody loved fighting succubus queens for 3 adventures accompanied by prude ex-succubus and lesbitransqueer female half orc paladin lady ans her transgender boygirlfiancé. WOTR was perfect
>>
>>49881412

ANON

THERE ARE ALWAYS AFTER THE CAMPAIGN SUGGESTIONS AT THE END OF BOOK 6.

KINGMAKER HAD UNITING BREVOY, JADE REGENT HAD FIXING MINKAI, WOTR HAD RESTORING SARKORIS.

THIS WILL HAVE MOLTHUNIAN CRISIS YOU BET YOUR ASS IT WILL.
>>
>>49881572

The succubus was not a prude and the trans Paladin couple stopped being relevant after Book 1, you could probably tell them to fuck off halfway through Book 3 and nobody will challenge you.
>>
>>49881397
>excellent
>supporting writers who actively make the hobby worse

We must have different definitions of excellent.
>>
>>49881666
Thats what you should with Rexxus from Hell's Rebels. Let him die or kill him off. Use Longroad as cover and separate not to make San Francisco into another just amazing perfect inclusive society but just a tax haven.

Jeggare ftw.
>>
>>49881701
There's a difference between supporting and not being a jerk, fyi. If you don't like someone's work that's A-okay! That doesn't mean you have to be rude about it.
>>
>>49881722

I think you might be lost

You might wanna try tumbler. Plebbit would probably be too much for you.
>>
Is there any writer at Paizo that pfg likes?
>>
>>49881710

I fucking love the House politics in Cheliax and it's a shame they basically forgot about it in recent works.

HENDERTHANE FOR LIFE.
>>
>>49881754
Sean K Reynolds?
>>
>>49881838
PFT, have you seen his feat point buy system? Heck, he was the one that stopped monks from taking improved natural attack, wasn't he?

https://web.archive.org/web/20140202043441/http://www.seankreynolds.com/rpgfiles/misc/featpointsystem.html
>>
You guys are great, you know that?

Hope everyone's night is going well!
>>
>>49881838
now thats a nice meme
>>
Okay, who's some of your fave 3p writers?
>>
>>49881754
Jason Bulmahn?
>>
File: Es4lSKy.gif (492KB, 419x455px) Image search: [Google]
Es4lSKy.gif
492KB, 419x455px
>>49881912
>>
>>49881754
We're partial to Mark Seifter as he generally tries to make interesting classes and archetypes (but then proceeds to get shafted by Bulmahn).

John Compton is also pretty competent.

SKR deserves some credit for his work, because a lot of what people hate him for really comes from Bulmahn.
>>
Working on some mesmery cha based martial shit how does this sound

"- **Fractal Blade:** At 1st level, a BLANK gains the ability to create pseudo-real figments of himself every time he successfully deals damage to a foe with an attack. Each figment he controls increases the damage he deals with an attack by 1, and share a square with you. Whenever you are attacked or are the target of a spell that requires an attack roll, there is a possibility that the attack targets one of your images instead.

If the attack is a hit, roll randomly to see whether the selected target is real or a figment. If it is a figment, the figment is destroyed. If the attack misses by 5 or less, one of your figments is destroyed by the near miss. A BLANK may create and maintain a number of figments equal to 3+his BLANK level, up to a maximum of 3 + his Charisma Mod."

i have not named the class
>>
>>49881896
Dreamscarred Press and Drop Dead Studios are my top two favorite 3rd party publishers.
>>
>>49882285
The gonzo classes are rather impressive too; kind of like the "april fools" DSP stuff this year; despite sounding silly there's some solid, interesting, completely usable stuff in there.
>>
File: 1432419859949.jpg (235KB, 1024x1596px) Image search: [Google]
1432419859949.jpg
235KB, 1024x1596px
What was the most hardcore martial you've ever seen or played, /pfg/?
>>
>>49882070
>GW mesmers are cha based
They're Int man.
>>
>>49882655
??
thats just wrong tho.
>>
>>49882636
Warblade/Eternal Blade.
>>
>>49882636
Core fighter
>>
>>49882655
How are they Charisma based then?
>>
>>49880166
Questioner Investigator

You got spells, you got the face, you got all the skills and you can do decent damage with studied combat.

If you suck your DM's dick, maybe he'll even let you stack it with Empyricist, since the only conflict between the two archetypes is Poison Lore.
>>
>>49882636
I ran a game in upstate NY for a couple of years.

>http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/fighter/archetypes/paizo---fighter-archetypes/two-handed-fighter

He was a Gnome Two-Handed Fighter that rode a war hound into battle.
He took the Master Tinker racial trait, and I let him build a Goliath Greathammer from Races of Stone.

Pic unrelated.
>>
>>49882675
The control/domination aspect seems more "put the opponent into impossible to win scenarios", which is a lot more int-based than cha.

The GW2 version would I guess be charisma and wholly inferior to the GW1 version of Mesmer with resource denial and action punishment
>>
>>49882636
Pure 1PP Fighter who actively prevented magic from existing around him as a combat tactic.
>>
>>49882794
yeah i'm basing off of GW2, notice the illusions

GW1 mes is too fucked for pathfinder
>>
>>49882845
>too fucked
I think you mean too fun
>>
File: 1473379060042.jpg (298KB, 727x650px) Image search: [Google]
1473379060042.jpg
298KB, 727x650px
I'm bored - Lets play a game, /pfg/
I'll drop a bunch of cliche class/archetype names, you describe me its class features or something.

>Astral
>Bokor
>Centurion
>Goetist
>Gnostic
>Hoplite
>Librum
>Pierrot
>Valkyrie
>>
>>49882858
i mean denial shit is really hard to work in a turn based system, and its really hard to make it feel effective
>>
How do I get a full attack on a firearm?
>>
>>49882951
Lightning Swap feat
Die! Die! Die!
>>
>>49882947
>denial doesn't work in turn based
Yet again, I am torn from my favorite playstyle.
>>
>>49882942

>Centurion
>Sword-and-board commander built around tactics and formations, with their soldiers being as integral to the character as their armor.

>Gnostic
>Cleric built around increasing spiritual power the more they reject material wealth, archetype "Ascetic" expects a journey into the desert for contemplation

>Hoplite
>Same as Centurion, only with a reach spear and expectations of actually being one of the soldiers in formation

>Valkyrie
>Aerial female warrior wielding a spear focused on both melee combat and battlefield healing through "spear attacks" against wounded friends
>>
File: Devil May Cry anime.jpg (224KB, 600x778px) Image search: [Google]
Devil May Cry anime.jpg
224KB, 600x778px
>>49882951
Be a 5th level Desperado (Warlord)

>http://www.d20pfsrd.com/path-of-war/classes/warlord/warlord-archetypes/desperado-warlord-archetype
>>
>>49882980
i know right
>>
>>49882942
>valkyrie
Somehow it gerwalks
>>
>>49882947
The closest you're going to get is a hardcore counter speller.
>>
>put dedicated counter spelling expert against party, supporting martials
>party fucking crumbles the second their spells get denied
Was fun watching them try and teleport away, and that getting denied too.
>>
>>49883029
That only denies casters though. You've got to deny martials too somehow.
>>
>>49883005
I was considering that, but he's a dwarf and Warlord would suck on him.
>>
>>49883046
A second caster, duh.
>>
>>49883029
But the thing is that it hit /everybody/. Martials, Casters, Gishes. It also took resources from them, and ripped buffs off of enemies.
>>
>>49883066
Can you go into detail more? There might be some way to finagle it.
>>
>>49882942
>>Astral
Spiritualist with Zodiac stands
>>Bokor
Witchdoctor that uses alchemy list and uses poisons to replicate necromancy
>>Centurion
Warder archetype that works best with fellow shield-wielders
>>Goetist
Summoner archetype that transforms your Eidolon into a Succubus waifu
>>Gnostic
Antimage Cleric. Gets bonuses against arcane magic by shunning away material wealth and magic items.
>>Hoplite
Spear, Sword and Shield fighter archetype that doesn't suck
>>Librum
Wizard archetype that can learn almost every non-wizard spell via a spellbook arcane bond
>>Pierrot
Bard Trickster
>>Valkyrie
Female Aasimar only Paladin archetype. You get a pegasus for a mount and other cool shit
>>
>>49883029
it just doens't act well in turn based desu
>>
>>49882942
>elf loli with THICC thighs
stop it boner
>>
>>49880107
>Fukkin Wizards Edition: What's your party's craziest encounter with a Wizard?

The fucker chain lightning'd a platoon of our Archer party members mook followers, trapped us with glabrezus and chain lightning'd us again, had contingencies cast in case he died so he could get teleported to his cleric friend and revived, and apparently had a vat of clones in Absalom. We found out that last part after the campaign, which we removed him from by killing him when he wasn't expecting it, killing his familiar, casting rest eternal on him, burning his body, and dividing the ashes to be ingested separately by all party members. We didn't want him coming back.
>>
>>49883086
The basics would be something like
>Backfire
Next time affected opponent casts a spell it is interrupted and they take significant damage

>Empathy
Whenever affected opponent hits with an attack, they take mild damage.

>Ether Feast
Target loses X energy and you are healed Y for each point lost.

Stuff like that was the basic idea of the GW1 Mesmer.
>>
>>49883182
don't forget shit like NOW IF YOU DON'T CAST A SPELL YOU ARE FUCKED AND IF YOU MOVE YOU ARE FUCKED

IF YOU DO ANYTHING YOU ARE FUCKED
>>
File: 1474184544393.png (2MB, 1900x2781px) Image search: [Google]
1474184544393.png
2MB, 1900x2781px
>>49883137

Would you prefer a fox-girl with THICC thighs?
>>
>>49883218
>IF YOU DO ANYTHING YOU ARE FUCKED
Best combo'd with the shit that made punished you for doing nothing.

When played to it's maximum, it really felt like a "I will let you choose your demise" class, which felt fucking great.
>>
>>49883233
>>49883137
Stop making me want things I can't have
>>
>>49883182
Maybe some kind of curse-based character? With the new templates from Horror Adventures those can be pretty nasty.
>>
>>49883250
it was fantastic for pvp and shit, it was really enjoyable

But in turn based that sort of stuff just feels weird.
>>
File: 1466297842645.jpg (2MB, 5521x3530px) Image search: [Google]
1466297842645.jpg
2MB, 5521x3530px
>>49883021
This would make norse mythology so much more badass...

One hell of a Ragnarok
>>
File: 1397921597554.png (464KB, 401x863px) Image search: [Google]
1397921597554.png
464KB, 401x863px
>>49883251

Your DM never includes well-built women in their campaigns? I mean, it stands to reason that a character with high STR will have nice thighs, it's one of the few "sexy" bodyparts you can actually improve through workout after all (same with the butt.)
>>
File: 1379801729360.jpg (202KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1379801729360.jpg
202KB, 800x800px
>>49883331

>mfw make an Ulfen Skald named Ragna
>mfw have her quip at the start of her raging song, "It's time to Ragna-Rock and Roll!"
>>
I've not played much Pathfinder, but I'm the only one in my friendship group with any experience with it.
A friend of mine is wanting to GM a campaign since they like the idea of setting up the mechanical aspects of it, but they want me to help with the setting.
I've advised him to keep it to the CRB lest things get fucky, other than that, there isn't really anything off the table.
I spent about an hour throwing a generic setting together, but I need a bigger assortment of questlines for him to choose from.
And by bigger assortment I mean more than about 3.
So what fun/interesting quests have you guys run?
>>
>>49883396
>keep it to the CRB

NNOOOOOOOOO

DO THE OPPOSITE.
>>
>>49883396
>CRB only
Should just be playing 5e if that's what you're doing.
>>
>>49883402
>>49883439
Alrighty then, I figured it would keep it more simple, so he doesn't have to traipse through a dozen links trying to find one spell or something.
At any rate, the game is still in a larval stage, we still have to build pretty much everything, so lets just say that anything goes?
>>
>>49883457
It may be less easy to keep track of things, but overall it'll be much more fun because everyone will have ~options~ to work with.

As for questlines, there's a bevy of APs and modules you can rip quests from, or even just the campaign setting books. In a pinch they can do the job well.
>>
File: 1475540689229.png (2MB, 1684x948px) Image search: [Google]
1475540689229.png
2MB, 1684x948px
>>49883050
I'm pretty sure that's the only way, since Paizo hates guns.
>>
>>49883507
>packlord that mounted guns on flock
How do I do it /pfg/?
>>
>>49883507
And crossbows and martials.
>>
>>49883523
Siege Mage Wizard + Packhunter Druid
You use Siege Mage to control your siege weapons telepathically

You use Packhunter druid to spam several level 1 animal companions to carry your cannons.

This build requires gestalt though
>>
>>49883502
Fair enough, I guess it's more of a issue with me not trusting the other players to keep a coherent build.
One girl spent a session in someone else's campaign and ended up as a pyromaniac murderloli, then in a seperate one she her characters backstory includes previously being a god, but having to earn back their powers by not being a cunt, although their cuntish IC behaviour gets on my wizards tits constantly and has caused at least 3 unnecessary fights in as many sessions. I mean, who walks around town bragging that they killed someone when we're a) trying to keep a low profile post murderhobo-ing, and b) trying to figure out who sent bandits after us without getting yet more bandits after us.
Overall, I was just worried about what kind of monstrosity could come out of giving her everything to work with and just saying "go nuts!". Although I'm more curious than anything at this point.
>>
>>49883610
I love the idea of being the commander of a field of artillery cannons or any massed ranged attack, but I could never bring my self to actually play one due to the slowdown it'd cause at the table.
>>
>>49883639
Just make a troop.
>>
>>49883675
>troop
What is this?
>>
File: 1475989171911.jpg (190KB, 540x800px) Image search: [Google]
1475989171911.jpg
190KB, 540x800px
Anyone still have that martial/caster anime image. The warrior is complaining that they can't hit the mage because they're flying, and the mage responds by saying that's magic. I can try to post something you want in response!
>>
>>49883639
>>49883639
As a DM, my suggestion to you is to is this
You must treat your multiple animal companions as a single unit, like a pack, troop or swarm.

As for your siege volley. You may increase the size of your cannon in conjunction with the HD of your pack.
6HD medium cannon
10HD large cannon
14HD huge cannon

You only do one attack per round, but now it scales with your level.
>>
>>49883706
so what can the animal companion do from 1st to 5th level?
>>
>>49883738
bite and kick ass

You can't possibly afford a cannon at early levels anyways.
>>
>>49883683
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/rules-for-monsters/creature-types#subtype-troop
>>
File: 1476625635390.jpg (554KB, 1096x883px) Image search: [Google]
1476625635390.jpg
554KB, 1096x883px
>>49883697
I don't have it, but I'm interested so I'll 2nd the request with a (vaguely) related pic.
>>
I'm thinking of building a Fiendbound Marauder for the next game I play. ( http://www.d20pfsrd.com/path-of-war/classes/warder/warder-archetypes/fiendbound-marauder-warder-archetype )

They seem like they'd go really well with Two-Weapon Fighting, considering the fact that they basically get two light 1d8 reach weapons. The question is: Is it better to build for Dex and get weapon finesse, TWF, and Deadly Agility, or build Str and get Prodigious Two Weapon Fighting and TWF?
>>
File: Fighter vs Wizard.jpg (331KB, 898x658px) Image search: [Google]
Fighter vs Wizard.jpg
331KB, 898x658px
>>49883755
And another for good measure.
>>
>>49883753

Make a troop out of a race of dog people. Name it Goof Troop.
>>
>>49883363
>Not a Rockstar from Gonzo 1
>Not fighting with your guitar.
>>
File: nightmare-soul3-2[1].jpg (199KB, 827x1019px) Image search: [Google]
nightmare-soul3-2[1].jpg
199KB, 827x1019px
>>49883756

Oh, I should probably say to assume that only POW 3PP content is allowed.
>>
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/821979583/interface-zero-20-cyberpunk-action-for-the-pathfin

waa hey
>>
File: paladin chillax.jpg (152KB, 500x788px) Image search: [Google]
paladin chillax.jpg
152KB, 500x788px
I'm making a Paladin in a new game coming up soon. I've never done one before, but am thinking about aiming for a PrC later but don't know if there's any really ideal for Paladins out there besides Holy Vindicator from the APG. What are some potential options I should look into? I'm looking to be something between a mainline tank and the party's backup healer. Its been a long fucking time since I played a d20 game, even on PC, so needing to kind of get out of the floundering zone again.
>>
>>49883798
>Cyberpunk
>pathfinder
no
>>
>>49883803

Paladin is fine enough for a beginner, just grab a greatsword or longspear and get to work!

If you want some fun ideas, might I suggest the Chosen One? It makes you a young man/woman guided by a talking animal to perform great works of good, simply from the power of their own burning heart of vigor!
>>
>>49883865
Wasn't there another cyberpunk PF thing about? Hypercorp 2099 or something?

>>49883798
I don't know why they're porting IZ2.0 to everything suddenly. Is the SW version not selling?
>>
>>49883912
I'm not really a beginner but haven't done much with d20 in a while so rusty as shit. I am just trying to debate if I could do straight paladin or should look into prestige class stuff. Is Chosen One an archetype or PrC?
>>
File: LatBH Adventure.png (252KB, 717x533px) Image search: [Google]
LatBH Adventure.png
252KB, 717x533px
>>49883912
>>
>>49883931

Prestige is generally a bad idea.

Chosen One is an archetype that effectively does this >>49883940

Hell, Mulan was basically a Chosen One Paladin with Mushu as her familiar, it's that kind of thing.
>>
>>49883931
Prestige Classes are almost all butt. Take a prestige class if you fall in love with it so hard that you're willing to give up actual game power for flavor. Otherwise, stick with archetypes for customization.
>>
>>49883969
>>49883953
Pure paladin it is then. I like the class enough to not really want to fuck around with it, my idea for a character fits pretty comfortably inside it.
>>
>>49883969
E-eldritch knight has some applications!
>>
>>49884014

The only applications it deserves is directly to my butt!
>>
>>49884014
A lot of them can be used effectively. It's just that they're less powerful than the base classes you're likely to be replacing with them.

Of course, then there are the fucking pirate prestige classes which are uniformly worthless dumb bullshit come on paizo I just want to be a cool pirate captain.
>>
>>49883348
What if my DM IS a well-built woman?
>>
File: r90_lp.jpg (349KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
r90_lp.jpg
349KB, 1200x1600px
>>49883331
Combine with Best Ragnarok here...
>>
File: saved.jpg (76KB, 499x371px) Image search: [Google]
saved.jpg
76KB, 499x371px
>>49884126
If she were you wouldn't BE here, she'd be your wife not your DM, and we'd have never heard of you.
>>
What are some kickass character idea that you will never play because they don't have or spit out good numbermaths?
>>
>>49884301
A "construct armor" pilot
>>
>>49884314
Noted. There's a lot of almost-good-enough ways to do it like synth, but for something as cool fantasy mechs it's obvious that you'd want better support.
I partially ask because I'm approaching 3/4 classes done for my current project and am looking at plans for future projects.
>>
>>49884356
with ... 3.5 access there's certainly ways around it I should note; Dragonmech has *real* "construct armor" that's absolutely worth taking for example, but pathfinder lacks that stuff. Even arcforge suffered SIDS, and the gonzo giant robot stuff really doesn't fit a mixed party in any way.
>>
>>49884407
Is the Dragonmech stuff really that good though? The biggest bonus it gives is effective size increases and extra HP from the mech, but your ability scores would be higher with just a 2nd level spell and your damage output would be greater as well unless you're piloting a Citymech around.
>>
>>49884176
I don't really know how to respond to that
>>
>>49884455
the construct armor is actual armor. very good armor but armor armor

then there are "mech armors" that other than their hardness won't really give you more defensive layering and can be targeted individually (as can you) without any real penalties. Still; they're stat changers, which means you're "wearing" it and can thus make that large(or huge) mech-armor huge(or gargantuan) with, say, powerful-build... You're getting not really any AC, but some stat buffs and one hell of a weapon platform with possible mobility (it's only 3x the cost of the mech to make it a "half land base" flyer as I recall, which is still cheaper than a pathfinder construct armor that does nearly nothing for you; seriously those were fucking trap options once again).

The full mechs give cover, even more hardness, and thus unless you can snipe the pilot through a porthole or something (I suggest adding some glassteel eh?) you're fully hitting against the mech first and foremost. However, full sized mechs can easily require crew, and are massive and often rather *slow*, with their *own* rather unimpressive stats at smaller sizes. You'll have a very nasty platform and a lot of toughness, but you'll be painfully painfully obvious.
>>
>>49884503
Isn't PF construct armor not armor but you're wearing the construct? So like Iron Man, where the suit can technically function autonomously but he rides around in it anyway.
>>
>>49884468
because you know deep down I'm right.
>>
>>49884176
>>
>>49884547
No, they made SURE of that.

Constructs count as breastplate. The wearer uses his base attack and saves, the construct is incapable of independent action while worn, and all damage goes to it first.

It's rather vulnerable overall and must be the same size as the wearer. It's not particularly BAD but for the full cost of the construct + 36000gp for the modification, it's very steep for what you get out of it.
>>
Hey all. I'm happy to say that I finally got the revised Spellburst Savant written up and uploaded. The biggest changes are to fundamentals, making their power more tied to which spells you use (but still keeping lower power versions as at-will abilities), and the ACFs that were tied to them.

And yes, this does mean there are nerfs to the class. It's been brought to a slightly lower power level and is a bit more reliant on its spells to work at full potential, but I hope that y'all still enjoy the class. I know that I am; the way it's been playing in my test scenarios is pretty fun, like if you crashed Invoker into Ryze.

Here's a link to the new pdf; same location as the old Spellburst Savant link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3eWJhUjJ2Q2pHcnM
>>
File: SokTCgp.jpg (64KB, 736x1018px) Image search: [Google]
SokTCgp.jpg
64KB, 736x1018px
POW question, /pfg/. Does the Monk of the Silver Fish archetype make monks not garbage, or is it too little, too late?
>>
>>49884809
Pretty much if you have access to maneuvers you'll do fine. Especially since you've got traits and clans to help choose the discipline you want.
>>
>>49882951
Rapid reload + alchemical cartridge?
>>
Aegis question. Do all these stack?

Powerful build
Augmented expansion
Elemental nimbus stance, I think earth gives increases to size.
>>
>>49884873
Any given character's weapon can only benefit from one True Size Increase (alter self, enlarge person, et cetera), one Effective Size Increase (lead blades, Armory of the Conqueror), and Powerful Build (since it lets you use a bigger base weapon that's then modified by the TSI and ESI).
>>
>>49884898
You're forgetting the Impact weapon enchantment
>>
>>49884910
That is effectively the lead blades spell, and falls under "Effective Size Increase". Sorry for not listing it.
>>
>>49884871
You'd still need a class ability to lower it for full round reload weapons at least.
>>
>>49884873
Seems like. The only one that actually increases your size is Expansion. Half-giant lets you wield a larger weapon and affects combat maneuvers, and Elemental Nimbus lets you treat your weapon as one size category larger.

Going off what >>49884898 said, none of those actually overlap.
>>
>>49884873
Powerful build ups your effective size. It stacks with ACTUAL size increases, but would not stack with, say, the powerful-build racial, or anything else that "lets you wield/count as one size larger", as they're a case of "same ability" (damn near same wording outright with the racial too).

If by augmented expansion you mean the power, OR if you were thinking of getting the aegis size-upgrade, this stacks with powerful build - or rather they don't interfere or even really interact: This makes you 2 sizes larger, and powerful build lets you handle weapons and defend from maneuvers as if you were one size larger than you are, doesn't matter whether you're currently tiny or colossal IV.

Elemental Nimbus, as well as Augmented Weaponry and Armory of the Conqueror are all effective WEAPON size upgrades. This does not affect you, it affects the weapon (remember that unlike melee, or projectiles which either stay big or get a 'sabot' effect from shrinking, either way they work). Obviously Augmented-Weapon/Earth-Nimbus/AotC DO NOT stack, only biggest applies, they are the same effect.

So what you do is you buy a larger gun than you are, since powerful build will let you use that no problem.

You then make yourself big and use the effective weapon up, so that your large rifle is now gargantuan because you're huge, and counts as Colossal II (damage does in fact keep growing past colossal, notation's handy for that reason) for damage output.

At this point you remind your GM that the weapon you're firing is literally a bigger, more powerful artillery piece than the Huge sized cannons, and should PROBABLY qualify as siege weapons against objects for a fucking good reason.
>>
>>49884948
Yeah, sure, you'd need musket master for that... wait, did that get errata'd? I can't remember.
>>
>>49884961
Powerful Build doesn't actually make you the weapon you're wielding as if it were bigger, though. It lets you use a bigger weapon. That's totally different, and stacks with effects that magically increase the mass of your weapon.
>>
>>49884979
Uh. I explained that.

"you" and "your weapon" are not the same entity except sometimes maybe if you're playing an Arma.
>>
Flat Bonus: Powerful Build or Oversized Limbs to wield a Large weapon
Enchantment Bonus: Impact Weapon to effectively increase the weapons' damage to Huge
Size Bonus: Enlarge Person to increase your effective size, and consequently, your weapon's size to Collosal.

Those 3 things stack.
>>
>>49884990
Fuck me, I misread the first bit. Sorry.
>>
>>49884961
That said, what are the largest numbers you can get in each category? I'm prety sure Armory of the Conqueror is the strongest effective size increase, as with a Greater Akashic Catalyst you can get 7 essence invested, for a +4 effective size increase. That's not even getting into using an actual Akashic class. I have no idea about actual size growth however, everything I can think of off the top of my head goes up to 2 sizes but I'm quite sure there's something out there that does at least 3 size increases.
>>
>>49885007
>Flat Bonus: Powerful Build or Oversized Limbs to wield a Large weapon

Actually, I think Powerful Build AND Oversized Limbs stack, along with the Irongrip Gauntlets.
>>
>>49885014
Can't armory of the conqueror go up to 7 essence + another 3 from catalyst, for a a total of 10 essence, 5 size increases?
>>
Okay then, lets check the math:
Tiefling's Oversized Limbs: Large
Aegis' Powerful Build: Huge
Irongrip Gauntlets: Gargantuan
Impact Weapon Enchantment: Colossal
Growing Weapon Enchantment: Titanic

I think those all stacks.
>>
>>49885007
I wouldn't call those things by those names. One: It's not a flat bonus to use a bigger weapon, it's a totally different starting point, like the difference between DC 10 + spell level and DC 15 + spell level. Two: It's not always magic that increases the effective weight of your weapons: see the Primal Warrior Stance.

>>49885014
You can actually pump a shitload of channeled energy into a veil with that one feat that lets you channel energy into a veil. Key part of veil math.
>>
>>49885057
>growing weapon
oh shit, it's like powerful build and tiefling's oversized limbs but... oh shit, you don't need to use it on a weapon sized for you, and it still lets you use it anyway. Colossal+ weapon useable by a pixie for the cost of a +2 weapon sized for colossal creatures.
>>
Guys, what do I do if I rolled an ass charisma? I don't know how to rp 5 charisma and I don't want to pussy out and ask if I can reroll.
Playing a witch with insanity patron, which helps, but 5 is really damn low.
>>
>>49885084
Basically, speak a lot but ask your GM to let nobody take you seriously without rolling for it.

Or speak rarely. Never interject. Don't take initiative in any task. Be a doormat.
>>
>>49885014
Armory of the Conqueror can reach 7 with a +3 catalyst, or 9 (10 does nothing) with an akashic class at high levels AND the catalyst.

Powerful Build and equivalents have no +2 versions to my knowledge, so that one's more or less set in stone

Actual size increases I know you can get +2, and you can probably get a large race somewhere to boost that further. If there were a +3 version, that's one more... let's assume that's out there somewhere:

So: Size L character becomes Category-G, Wields a Colossal weapon, which upgrades to Colossal V from a full akashic class' capabilities with Armory.

Let's make this fun: You're wielding a railgun (PURELY theoretical, a Colossal Railgun is 480k before enchants), which as a 3d10 upgrades to 6d8 at large and moves from there.
6d8L>8d8H>12d8G>16d8C>24d8CII>32d8CIII>48d8C4>72d8C5.

Average base weapon damage is 324 before enchants and criticals. However as this is a full round action, it's actually pretty average by 20th, and only looks ridiculous in the weapon entry on your character sheet. The real beast would've cost you a size or two from lower essence investment limitations, by using WGA to emulate a graviton cannon and fire it on semi-auto-mode.

THAT would get you full-attacks.
>>
>>49885027
Normal essence cap is 4 at level 18-20, catalyst gives you another 3. Feat can get you one more in, but need another source that increases the cap, either a class with Improved Essence Capacity or the channel energy feat (but that's very short-lived).
>>
>>49885105
yeah honestly unless you're x1.5ing a railgun's damage dice it's not really worth going so far for. You'll get a far more capable build overall, and may do as much damage anyways from gaining other shit elsewhere.
>>
>>49885084
Take it the way you want to. I play a 5 cha character over roll20. He's a massive, corpulent, pustule-covered abomination. I breathe heavily into the mic while speaking, and occasionally pause to catch my breath or loudly slurp saliva in the middle of sentences.

Other than that, though, my character is perfectly polite and tactful. The cards are just naturally stacked against him for diplomacy.
>>
Working on a Magpie Mage/Gunwitch >>49884771 and pondering what spells to steal. I'm looking at the Angelic Aspect line from Paladin for starters but does anyone have any notable spells from 4th level casters that would be really worth taking on a gunslinger?
>>
File: beams.png (394KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
beams.png
394KB, 640x480px
>>49885101
>Colossal 3 grav beam cannon
>16d6 semi-automatic
>rapid-shot
>haste
>7 touch attacks
>392 DPR unenchanted, with no feats, no crits, no gun training, no stance or boost maneuvers nothing

Jesus fucking christ
>>
>>49885105
Does anyone havea link for the system rules of Akashic mysteries? I never knew you could pump so little onto veils.
>>
Last question about sizes, does the PoWE feat that increases damage stack with all the Aegis stuff too?

I was thinking about taking an Oversized Katana with the Aegis stuff and that frat.
>>
>>49885155
Ranger's named bullet. Cheapest source you can get.
>>
>>49885101
Ignoring the Divine Essence feat, a Guru/Vizier can actually get to 4 (base) + 3 (Improved Essence Capacity class feature) + 3 (Akashic Catalyst) + 1 (Enhanced Capacity feat) = 11 effective essence in Armory, for +6 effective size increase. If you wanted sheer number of dice rolled as you say using a faster weapon so you can use iterative attacks or Vital Strike is much better. I highly recommend the Cursed Razor stance that adds damage PER DIE to cursed enemies. It should get a bit silly.
>>
>>49885173
If it's what I think it was, then as an effective weapon size increase, it is "same effect/bonus" overlap with Impact Weapon, Lead-Paint Bow, Armory of the Conqueror, Augmented Weaponry, Elemental Nimrod, and all the others that increase the damage of a weapon as if it were a bigger size.
>>
>>49885183
Don't forget to do it as an elemental cascade too.
>>
>>49885177

That's a good one. On the list it goes.

Seems honestly like a lot of what I'll be grabbing is from the Paladin list.
>>
>>49885158
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/variant-magic-rules/akashic-magic
The trove has the individual Akashic pdfs as well, though not the combined one that has the races/archetypes/items.
>>
>>49885187
Alright, Guess I'm sticking to a normal martial weapon then.
>>
File: 1476238579941.jpg (96KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1476238579941.jpg
96KB, 1280x720px
>>49885156
Actually, the largest damage I did with an oversized weapon was with a Soulknife / Aegis

I had an effectively Colossal Greatsword at that time.

>move action blade skill teleport 200ft in the air
>free action distill panoply large greatsword mindblade (using lightning swap feat)
>swift action sleeping goddess boost (keen, impact, growing enchantments)
>standard action, ride the sword like a surfboard and crash it on a poor shmuck below

Rule: Creatures that fall take 1d6 points of damage per 10 feet fallen, to a maximum of 20d6. Just as characters take damage when they fall more than 10 feet, so too do they take damage when they are hit by falling objects. If an object falls more than 150 feet, it deals double the listed damage. Note that a falling object takes the same amount of damage as it deals.

Application: Collosal Mindblade (6d10 x 2) + Fall Damage (20d6 x 2) + Falling Collosal Object (6d6 x 2) + Rhino Hide Armor (2d6) + other modifiers

My soulknife takes only 46 points of fall damage thanks to Boots of the Cat. The enemy takes an average 500-550 damage.
>>
>>49885173
Katana Expertise isn't a size increase of any sort, just a change to the damage die of any katana you use. Regardless of size. Oops.
>>
>>49885251
Where's the doubling on the 20d6 coming from?

Also pretty sure you're meant to apply one or the other, not both.
>>
>>49885282
>Creatures that fall take 1d6 points of damage per 10 feet fallen, to a maximum of 20d6.
>If an object falls more than 150 feet, it deals double the listed damage.

Read, nigga. Read.
>>
>>49885282
The guy isn't necessarily attacking. He's riding a giant surfboard sword at a target. The damage comes from the fall, not from swinging a sword at 200ft in the air.
>>
>>49885251
I'll take things that never happened and blatantly break the rules for 1,000.
>>
>>49885251
>Just as characters take damage when they fall more than 10 feet, so too do they take damage when they are hit by falling objects

Damage from falling objects is different than damage from falling critters

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/gamemastering/environment/environmental-rules#TOC-Falling
>>
>>49885294
>Creatures
>Objects.

You cant be both, anon.
>>
>>49885306
>implying its not possible
Hey, the DM didn't expect it when I pulled it out of my ass the first time too. Its even more hilarious because you can pull it off by 12th level.
>>
>>49885305
*Surfblade
>>
>>49885306
I'll take bad GM who just can't deal with PCs being awesome for 200
>>
>>49885305
>>49885323
>>49885338
Its fine if the DM decided to let it fly, but dont go trumpeting it around like it's actually legit.
>>
>>49885155

Bestow Grace of the Champion
>>
File: Am I Poplar yet.png (253KB, 442x442px) Image search: [Google]
Am I Poplar yet.png
253KB, 442x442px
>>49885251
>mfw I did this exact same tactic using a familiar + feather token: tree
>>
>>49885251
How about YOU read nigga. First part is for damage taken from being the one that is doing the falling, second one is for when something else is falling on top of you (which only goes to 10d6 which is what gets doubled for 155+ ft. object falls). You sure as hell don't have both of them happen, or get to double the whole "attack" even though you totally don't have control to make it one (and making it a charge no less!). Hell, you can't even do your cheaty charge because charging is a goddamn full-round action and you've already spent your move action teleporting like an idiot. Nevermind that you consider a weapon sized for a Colossal sized creature to be Colossal sized itself (it's not).

I mean, it's a cool idea and all, but don't go posting this shit like it's doable within the regular rules as is (at least as you present it). If you want to do stupid, crazy anime shit, why not play an RPG actually suited for that?
>>
>>49885372
>Nevermind that you consider a weapon sized for a Colossal sized creature to be Colossal sized itself (it's not).

It actually is, since it's a greatsword. Light weapons are two sizes smaller, one-handed weapons are one size smaller, and two-handed weapons are same size.
>>
>>49885372
>If you want to do stupid, crazy anime shit, why not play an RPG actually suited for that?

You mean one where characters can fly around and shoot fireballs from their hands?

wait
>>
>>49885387
Got a source for that, genuinely curious.
>>
>>49885372
To be fair, it would be mechanically stupid that a falling object doing 20d6 falling damage only transmit 10d6 of that fall damage to a target on his collision path. It actually does make more sense for fall damage + falling object size to add to that damage to the target hit by the falling object/creature.

>Nevermind that you consider a weapon sized for a Colossal sized creature to be Colossal sized itself (it's not).

Actually, with Powerful Build + Growing, the weapon is Huge at best, so its still the perfect size for a surfblade.
>>
>>49885387
Shit you're right about that, I forgot the exact scaling of that (even though I think it's fucking stupid as hell).
>>
>>49885400
The CRB, I think it's on the SRD's Weapon page too.

>Weapon Size:
>
>Every weapon has a size category. This designation indicates the size of the creature for which the weapon was designed.
>
>A weapon's size category isn't the same as its size as an object. Instead, a weapon's size category is keyed to the size of the intended wielder. In general, a light weapon is an object two size categories smaller than the wielder, a one-handed weapon is an object one size category smaller than the wielder, and a two-handed weapon is an object of the same size category as the wielder.
>>
>>49885402
>To be fair, it would be mechanically stupid
You could preface a great many things in Pathfinder with that...
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (22KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
22KB, 480x360px
>>49885420
Like the entire CRB
>>
File: useless bunny.png (504KB, 919x720px) Image search: [Google]
useless bunny.png
504KB, 919x720px
>>49885407
>even though I think it's fucking stupid as hell

That's a weird statement.

A while ago, Aegis anon is wielding a titanic weapon like it ain't no thing.

This soulknife is using a colossal sword and simply dropping it over a target from a height.

And somehow you think the surfblade is more audacious than the mountain-cleaver
>>
File: Utsuho-4.jpg (1MB, 1722x1212px) Image search: [Google]
Utsuho-4.jpg
1MB, 1722x1212px
>>49885251
*sigh* I remember that copypasta.
... fine. I'll bite and wave the dick around this once:

Large, Powerful-Build, Weapon Group Adaptation: Heavy.
Armory of the Conqueror E2+Catalyst3 = 3 sizes
+3 crystalline focus, discipline blade shape: XASER (=4d8 for growth table: Huge 8d8, +3 sizes 24d8 base).
Forgelord 5: Attunement +2. Weapon enchantment Collision.

Maneuvers used: God of Hourglass, Elemental Breach, Hunting Zephyr. (levels 8/8/7).

Swift action Breach. Full and Standard action remaining.

Hunting Zephyr: Autohit critical threat: 5(24d8+12)=600, final fire damage will be x1.5 due to Breach round.

Legit, legal, high level, hits everything downrange, ignores resists and immunities, and primary target is autohit (useful since xaser damages regular AC) with a critical that's already at 900 from just the weapon's capabilities BEFORE any considerations such as deadly aim, elemental nimbus, circlet of brass, additional enchants, anything of the sort. With DA10, Circlet+8, Nimbus+16, we're easily looking at over 1150 for the critical alone.

And THEN you take your full action. I suggest Cascade of Elemental Wrath since you're in Breach.

You wanted damage?
THAT'S damage.
>>
>>49885473
Isn't that what they meant by Refuge in Audacity?

The more over-the-top the imagery, the more you're likely to ignore its logic, because it obviously possesses none.
>>
>>49885480
Other than "because tarrasque can't die" that's enough to kill anything in the game twice over. Add Holy to shut down good-affected regeneration and the 3pp CR39 Lucifer can't survive the hit either.

"more damage" basically became meaningless before E.Breach activated, one crit multiplier and one weapon size ago.
>>
>>49885480
>Legit, legal

Somehow, there's just something jarring about using a technological weapon as a discipline weapon for mystical kung-fu powers, like its mocking the letter of intent for what PoW was made for. . .
>>
File: Neutronium_golem_page.png (375KB, 1840x1650px) Image search: [Google]
Neutronium_golem_page.png
375KB, 1840x1650px
>>49885480
Brah, you can't even hit a neutronium golem
>>
>>49885480
>>49885593
Seconded. It's like boosting a full attack every round, an abuse.
>>
Dudes, i need a bit of help.

My third character since i started playing Pathfinder half a year ago is a half-ogre brawler who's gone from Lvl 0 to lvl 3 after a massive zombie & devourer fight.

What are the feats i MUST take to be a wrecking ball on the field?

Thank you very much in advance :3
>>
>>49885620
Level 0? Anyways we need your stats.
>>
>>49885593
See I feel the other way entirely. Plus, the tech weapon's there because this was an actual build (actually since it was gestalt the other side was increasing things to the low 2000s by level 18 projections) until I respeced out of akashics and the defunct arcforge.

If you really wanna up the numbers on single target on this thing, there's bigger better options that don't require you to grab the ways around fire immunity and all.
>>
>>49885616
Conceptually I agree, in practice I disagree.
The full-attack/strike divide is so wide that a regular full attack is gonna do more damage than the majority of strikes even when they're combined with boosts and stances too.

So people are stuck staring at their available options in combat, and just like you could CHOOSE not to dish out all seven arrows with a bow, you can CHOOSE to just use a single-attack strike, but it's straight up a conscious decision to at best do half damage.

It's like attacking with nonlethal all the time; you CAN, but if a partymember drops because you insisted not to kill those demons even when outnumbered, you're the asshole there.

Single strikes should have been better, but the full-attack system is the problem to begin with. It's a very clear symptom of a big problem, but is not an abuse any more than a barbarian raging into full attacks is an abuse.
>>
>>49885634
Oh, sorry, i don't have my sheet with me, but i think it goes like this:

STR 21
DEX 16
CON 17
INT 10
WIS 12
CHA 12

This was on lvl 0, i still haven't put a point for level progression. I think going for a point in CON, and on lvl4 STR.
>>
>>49885664
But you don't get a point for level progression.
>>
>>49885608
Actually that WOULD hit it (autohit), just not crit it. It would even do a normal hit's damage if you've got something to bypass hardness; likely that would need a different boost instead though in this case.
>>
>>49885674
Not on lvl3? Only on lvl4?
>>
>>49885658
My group is entirely willing to accept that I'm choosing to not use full attacks on an initiator, I don't know about you. I reserve that shit for when strikes are exhausted and I don't have an offense-compatible recovery option. It's (very roughly) like the difference between playing a god wizard and a magic missile mage.
>>
>>49885693
I think that 900 *was* a single shot strike
>>
>>49885616
That's not abuse, that's been an intended part of martial adepts since Tome of fucking Battle. It's one of the few things that made Desert Wind playable at all.
>>
>>49883396
>I've not played much Pathfinder, but I'm the only one in my friendship group with any experience with it.
Then your advice to them should be to use some other system.
>>
>>49885796
Yes, that's how it worked in 3.5, but unfortunately for you it's not how my group chooses to play it. See >>49885693
>>
File: TCW_Jedi.jpg (2MB, 3128x2976px) Image search: [Google]
TCW_Jedi.jpg
2MB, 3128x2976px
>>49885593
>there's just something jarring about using a technological weapon as a discipline weapon for mystical kung-fu powers,

You just lack imagination, anon
>>
>>49885593
My issue isn't using tech weapons with Path of War.

it's using Soulknife stuff to emulate tech weapons THAT feels both thematically fucked up and stupid and abusive.
>>
>>49886101
I mean, emulating a chainsaw is kinda awesome.
>>
>>49886103
Not really. It kinda defeats the fun of using an actual chainsaw when it's just a vaguely blade shaped mass of psionic stuff.
>>
>>49886103
I mean, sure, the Aegis and Soulknife are effectively the Green Lantern classes. But in a fantasy setting with swords and sorcery, where the fuck did you even get the blueprints to recreate said tech weapon?
>>
>>49886118
Going by the Soulknife iconic, it looks a little more detailed than 'vaguely blade shaped'...
>>
With how large and expansive Pathfinder is with all their books, what are some cool interesting things that most people would miss? Somethings I found were basically

chainsaws
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/equipment---final/weapons/weapon-descriptions/glaive-ripsaw

pile bunkers
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/equipment---final/weapons/weapon-descriptions/piston-maul
>>
>>49886101
Do weapons even come loaded with the Soulknife?

For example >>49886134 the piston wouldn't have a stone loaded, right?

So it'd be a chainsaw, but not a moving one, I think.
>>
>>49886134

>chainsaws
On a stick, since it's a reach weapon.

>pile bunkers
I don't get what everyone's hardon for this is.
>1d10 bludgeoning weapon, x2
Also, this is just an expensive metal greatclub that gives you a bonus to sunder checks if you have both EWP (piston maul) and a consumable item.
>>
Playing a deathless-ghost paladin in gestalt. What's a good secondary class that isn't significantly hurt by taking 3 levels of racial class?
>>
>>49886188
Well, everyone does. If anything, you should taje the hit on the paladin side so your full-caster side can be more powerful.

That said, I was always partial to Magus in gestalt (you may have to go with the CHA based variant, or one of the 3rd party ones that aren't shite at least).
>>
>>49886206
>full-caster side
You say that like you can only pair martial classes with full-casters in gestalt.
>>
>>49886188
Use it for your dipping class.
3 levels paladin, 2 levels oracle, maybe some levels in fighter for some feats or something
Whatever your main class is, seek to support that.
>>
>>49886214
Well, yeah, or at least half casters. You should basically never go with double martial in gestalt, it's just not worth it both because of diminishing returns, and because you will be even more useless outside of combat than usual when all your allies have both skills and spells to back them up.
>>
>>49886134
Be Batman with
Caver's Bolt
http://www.archivesofnethys.com/MagicWondrousDisplay.aspx?FinalName=Caver%27s%20Bolt

Wrist Launcher, Heavy
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/rings/wrist-launcher-heavy
>>
>>49886228
>all your allies have both skills and spells to back them up
Okay, vital context: This is a low-op game, or at least a game where nobody's playing perfectly. Our most optimized build is a Mixed Blood (undead) void prophet//dipstorm (all classes chosen for fluff) focused on taking hits for others. Practically nobody's playing a caster besides said void prophet's
>http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/3rd-party-feats/necromancers-of-the-northwest/general-feats---3rd-party---necromancers-of-the-northwest/personal-guardian
(in this case, a shaman homebrew alternate class)

Given the character concept of "the spirit of the next great paladin, deprived of a body and made into a deity's manufactured warrior proof-of-concept", what do you fucking think I'm going to do, go stock oradin?
>>
>>49886303
>what do you fucking think I'm going to do, go stock oradin?

Wouldn't it fit, actually? I mean, the character is essentially cursed into being born before his time, without a body.

Thinking about it, going with only that description I could justify just about anything, depending on the god in question, which is why I default to what mechanically makes sense. Bard/skald to fill your allies with holy fervor, for example. Or synthesist summoner to summon yourself a body to inhibit. I'm not good with third party but Aegis maybe?
>>
>>49886122
Numeria
>>
>>49886353
Or he could be really angry about it, and be a celestial bloodrager!
>>
File: Piecemeal weapon.png (95KB, 494x403px) Image search: [Google]
Piecemeal weapon.png
95KB, 494x403px
>>49886134
Always be armed or something
>>
>>49886353
>the character is essentially cursed into being born before his time, without a body
But not mechanically represented unless you want to tell me why he's deaf, or can only see so far away, or moves slower on land, or speaks the language of the heavens while stressed (actually that's not bad...)

>>49886353
>>49886414
For what it matters, as a pseudo-incorporeal undead his abilities are 17 Dex (takes Str functions), 18 Int, 14 Wis, 18 Cha (takes Con functions). Being a spirit willfully made manifest before being born into the world is a good way to save on ability belts.
>>
>>49886437
and thats better than a club how exactly?
>>
>>49886515
Unless they strip you naked, you always have a weapon on you in case of capture or some other scenario. Or weapons are banned blah blah turn them in. This was from the Inner Sea Intrigue book.

So unless you can hide a club easily... maybe your ass ;)
>>
>>49886536
yes they will totally let you bring in a 10 pound pile of scrap when they search you for suspicious things. which must include a blade, or you cant really create swords.
>>
>>49886437
It's funny you can make a shortsword out of this, but not a fucking shuriken, because it's exotic.
>>
>>49886567
And melee. Derp. Still, you could make a sickle, but not a kama, or a shortsword, but not a siangham, etc..
>>
>>49886536
>>49886536
and the other thing is, that if weapons are forbidden, you have a much higher chance of bringing in a cain or something of the sort. even a quarterstaff. its a piece of stick. it has tons of uses outside of combat. this thing clearly has sharp metal objects. and its a fucking pile of scraps. what is more likely
1. let someone with a walking stick in
2. let someone with a huge bag of scrap in
it makes no sense
>>
>>49886579
It isn't a bag of scrap, it is implied it is various pieces of metal that can be feasible be seen to be normal when worn.

You know the generic trope of characters strapped with random belts and straps for no apparent reason?
"Belts,buttons, straps, and metal pieces"
>>
>>49886579
>it makes no sense
Not even when four random hobos happen to be aegis, soulknife, meditant psywar and psion when shit hits the fan?
>>
>>49886605
exactly what piece of metal substitutes a blade for a shortsword? if it can make a short sword it has a blade in there.
>>
>>49886609
Probably multiple small pieces to make like a macahuatl type thing with hardened leather straps as the "spine".

There's a reason they default to broken.
>>
>>49886623
then you have multiple sharp pieces of metal. which are not of inconsequential size. i certainly dont see a security check that this will pass and a walking stick wont.
>>
>>49886623
and the other thing is that if you go in your campaign with "this assembled junk pile is a short sword that you are proficient with. see all the small stabby bits held together with "hardened leather"? yeah thats the blade" then you should REALLY loosen the rules for whos proficient with what and pretty much count things in 2-3 broad categories.
>>
>>49886609
>>49886623
>>49886648

Based on a quick google, short sword is about 12-20 inches long. On your person you are wearing 2 10 inch long decorative plate thingies on your shoulders cause why not. (You can further divide the plates if you want.) You have a coat with buttons and you wear a leather belt. Oh shit time for improv weapon. Take the two plates and using the buttons as rivets combine them. Use leather as strap for handle. Now you have a shitty short sword. Does not have to be sharp. It does say it has the broken condition. Would you not say an unsharpened sword is a broken sword?
>>
>>49886676
>On your person you are wearing 2 10 inch long decorative plate thingies on your shoulders cause why not.
>come to a situation where weapons are forbidden
>wear blades in plain view
>nothing wrong here

> Would you not say an unsharpened sword is a broken sword?
its a club. not much better than a walking stick. yeah sure its harder to break it, but it still does the same thing - its a bludgeoning weapon.
would you say that using unsharpened swords for practice is the same as using sharp swords?
>>
>>49886689
It's a sharp club.
So something that deals slashing damage that you hit someone with the sharp end
Sort of like
y'know
a sword
>>
>>49886676
also keep in mind that you cant really wear it on your person - you have to be able to make every martial one-handed weapon. youre carrying this thing in a bag.
>>
>>49886742
its still ridiculous but lets say you actually do bring this thing in somewhere.
where exactly would you bring this where you would be let to get it in and you wouldnt be let to bring in a walking stick?
whats the point of it really?
>>
>>49886689
And who says the metal scraps this murder hobo has looks like blades? You seem to be in the assumption that the metal plates or scraps look like blades.

A butter knife is a "dull" blade but you can still cut with it, not well though.

>>49886745
Where does it say it has to be in a bag?
>>
File: 173648.jpg (309KB, 612x792px) Image search: [Google]
173648.jpg
309KB, 612x792px
>>49886130
???
>>
>>49886762
with a butter knife you can cut food. a thing which is relatively soft, and in any case you "saw" through it, you dont "cut" it. if you can "cut" through it with a butter knife, then its soft cooked food. try cutting a piece of cloth with a butter knife.
i am making the assumption, that if you can make bladed weapons out of this, it contains blades. you dont need a fucking forge for it, so the cutting parts should be there to be assembled. blades look like blades - its hard to disguise a blade. thats why hidden swords dont look like "unsharpened blades" or "a bunch of belt buckles" - they are a hidden sword in a cain. but even a normal cain has more benefits than a pile of scrap, which does not contain a long shaft (essentially a walking stick) or a blade. its in a bag, because if you are mentioning where every part of this sticks on your clothing youre essentially just hiding stuff in your clothes with a normal sleight of hand check, not having this "item".
>>
File: UltPsi.jpg (136KB, 500x647px) Image search: [Google]
UltPsi.jpg
136KB, 500x647px
>>49886796
???
>>
>>49886758
You don't bring it in pre-made, that defeats the whole purpose.
>>
File: Art from Soul Augmented.png (258KB, 272x382px) Image search: [Google]
Art from Soul Augmented.png
258KB, 272x382px
>>49886130
>>
>>49886814
the question still stands. i never assumed it was pre-made - i assumed it was in parts. how are you going to get the parts for all this in in a place where you are not allowed to use a walking stick?
>>
>>49886804
in fairness, that is Tempest, the named item that a soulknife can channel a mind blade through to make it a double weapon.
>>
>>49886830
Are you saying you can't wear belts/straps and buttons on your normal stuff? And the bits of metal, they can't be part/disguised on armor you are already wearing?

Hell, gandalf had to do pretty good bluff/diplomacy to bring his "old man" walking stick with him.
>>
>>49886165
You understand that soul knife weapons are literally "damage as described".

It could be like a glowly lightsaber, or it could look every bit like a real weapon. You range from artanis to emiya shirou and almost anywhere in between - it is simply a weapon conjured from your soul. It can look intangible and ethereal or it can look like a functioning chainsaw.
>>
>>49886861
and this is just hiding weapons on your clothing. the same as this, but you dont have to assemble shit. and "any one-handed martial weapon" is mainly not comprised of belts straps and buttons. it is comprised mainly of a FUCKING BLADE.
literally a walking stick (a real one, not even a staff) and a sharpened coin do anything you could use this for, apart from dead weight.
>>
>>49886803
Flesh is soft. Also what about other weapons that are serrated? They saw and don't cut. But cut, saw, they still are slashing weapons.
Sabre, sawtooth
Ripsaw glaive
probably missing others.

If you offset the segments of the metal plates, boom you got a shitty broken short sword that saws. Just like a real chipped sword when broken and shitty.
>>
>>49886907
Really? flesh is soft? go to the fridge right now and see if you have any raw meat with skin on it. try cutting it with a butter knife. post results. heck if you dont have it with the skin - just try cutting normal meat with a butter knife.
>>
>>49886803
>blades look like blades - its hard to disguise a blade

I dont think you understand just how easy it is to have hidden sharp edges on things.

>cain

The word is *cane* fuckwit. Cain is a name. Cane is a thing.
>>
>>49886886
What weapon? These are random pieces and dodads that come together to make a makeshift shitty weapon. A sharped coin would be a improvised weapon and take a -4 instead of a broken weapon with a -2. And if you say a walking stick and not a staff(quarter staff) that would also be an improvised weapon.

And because you can make it to any martial/simple weapon, it benefits characters that need specific weapons to function properly. Like doesn't the Swashbuckler need a piercing weapon? What about a character that took special feats to improve a weapon like weapons focus and other shit?
>>
>>49886978
right cane...
i think you dont understand how easy it is when you have already hidden sharp edges on things to have those things be assembled weapons instead of a pile of belt buckles.
>>
>>49886985
a shilleleghblaghjtdkjh is a walking stick. a quarterstaff is a walking stick. literally any solid piece of any matter you use to swagger around is a walking stick. and the sharpened coin isnt to be used as a weapon, its used to cut things. in case you need a blade to cut ropes or something.
>>
>>49886996
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKqep7hGUDU

Part of a series, I wouldn't recommend the claw ring because it's a good way to get a degloved finger. But there's a ton of ways to assemble relatively simple weapons out of simple rivets and small edges, and yes these things could all be easily concealed on the body.

People make shivs out of bars of soap or fucking toothbrushes in prison. I've seen plastic cards that can have a sharpened edge (and you could concievably make a simple debit card macahuitl). People turn simple things like a bit of a weight in a sock into a makeshift flail.
>>
>>49887015

a shillelagh is not just a walking stick. All known stereotypical images of one has one end that is boulbous and large...like a club. They would confiscate that. "But I need it to walk" Then fuck off and hobble or do a convincing bluff.

Also they would probably confiscate the quarterstaff/walking stick. Can you smack people with it? Weapon. Again Gandalf had to trick/convince the guards to keep his.
>>
>>49887043
except that all those things have 1 thing in common. wanna guess what?
Blades
the ring shit clearly comes into exotic weapons if we go into tabletop games terms. something which isnt supposed to be in this kit cuz its about martial and simple weapons. also the ring things arent assembled - they are pre-made.
>>
>>49887073

>One end of the staff is bulbous and large

You got that right.
>>
>>49887073
and how are you going to make a club out of that kit, without having a large piece of wood in it? whats exactly in it can you smuggle to be assembled in 1 minute without forges or tools that can make a shortsword, a club, a quarterstaff and an axe? and if you say belts and buckles, then how stringent would the proficiency rules in that campaign be? if you can say a bunch of not really sharpened belt buckles tied miraculously to leather are a short sword, then a walking stick is a club. and what stops you from just using the damned belt as a sword? you could just have the belt buckle be a dull blade as described before and use it as a short sword while it is just a belt. there difference how sharper one is to the other by those descriptions.
>>
>>49887125
there is no difference in how much sharper one is from the other*
>>
Dragon Style+Dragon Ferocity+Elemental Fist+Mythic Elemental Fist, yes or no?
>>
>>49887085
;)
>>
File: ShittySwordMockUp.png (11KB, 500x600px) Image search: [Google]
ShittySwordMockUp.png
11KB, 500x600px
>>49886928
>>49886928
>>49886907
Did you miss the main point? That your shitty short sword might have to saw and not cut? Still does slashing damage. Here is a shitty picture of said short sword.

The scrap plates(maybe hidden or extra pieces worn from your armor) are offset and held together with the buttons like rivets. due to the offset it now saws. And the belt/strap for the handle.
>>
>>49887080
I see you're content to ignore most of the post.

Things like shoelaces can be turned into simple garrotes. There's all sorts of ways to make weapons out of simply things if you want to be creative.

>Any light or onehanded melee / martial weapon. with broken condition

brass knifes, cestus, dagger, punching dagger, spiked gauntlet, hook hand, kunai, light mace, sickle, spring blade, club, mace, heavy mace, morning star, short spear, axe (boarding, axe (throwing), blade boot, cat o nine tails, dog slicer, light hammer, gladius, kukri, machete, pick, sap, war razor, armor spikes, star knife, battleaxe, flail, cutlass, longsword, rapier, scimitar, trident, warhammer and some other stuff that I've omitted.

All of those are fairly simple and not out of the realm of reason for prison weapons or creative 'concealed' carry especially with straps and buckles. Click enough buckles together in an interesting manner and you can have a decently large blade. Because they have broken condition they get a -2 on attack and damage rolls.

>>49887125
>club out of that kit

A few longer pieces of well concealed metal, wrapped together with things like cloth, with literally anything heavy on top of it.

Throughout all of your posts you've been succumbing to the fallacy of personal incredulity - you seem to think that just because you find it hard to believe it literally cannot be true. Quit being an ignorant cunt.
>>
>>49886165
Actually it depends!

>Standard melee soulblade
It LOOKS like a light/1h/2h as selected, but the stats are as listed for soulknife standards

>Standard soulbolt
it LOOKS like some kind of ranged weapon or projectile (light form takes no hands but heavy is a 2h energy construct of some sort) but just uses the selected form stats; the rest like above is all just looks.

>Emulate Melee/Ranged Weapon
COMPLETELY emulates the weapon right down to requiring charges, ammunition and loading actions (for the ranged version this is complete trash, and generally a direct downgrade from a regular soul bolt which is its prerequisite. fucking retarded). Well known as trap option.

>Soul-Arrow
Stats as longbow but WIS dmg, can look like whatever, usually generic energy 'arrows', only needs a hand free and so usually depicted as firing out from palm or whatever

>Discipline Blade Shapes
The big one: Imitates the weapons directly but self-generates any required ammo or whatever from your soul. For tech weapons, you'd probably need to have spent time in Numeria or at arguably should at least have Technologist - but DO remember that "my soul-weapon is a beam of electrical damage" is not actually as powerful as "my soul-weapon is bludgeoning force with the stats of a longbow".

If you wanna talk balance; for the most part the tech weapons are elemental energy damage and vastly overpriced; ranged is a flat downgrade except for the range compared to ancient firearms (and thus even further downgrade from the almighty adaptive bow), though melee you may need to keep an eye on since you could do some pretty silly things with monowhips or something... maybe. Ain't nobody gonna worry much about a plasma blade when its damage is "half lol immune and half lol resisted"

Finally, Augmented Blade actually crystalizes over/into real actual weapons, while Living Legend has its own soul-weapon types depending on your selected form.
>>
File: swagger-sticks01.jpg (20KB, 537x247px) Image search: [Google]
swagger-sticks01.jpg
20KB, 537x247px
>>49887197
this is better weapon than a saw. the best you can do with a saw is minor lacerations, while with a walking stick you can do serious bludgeoning damage. and if youre the same guy that posted that sabres saw.... man...
no, they dont saw - they cut. there is no weapon ever made that saws. even in fantasy terms, if you weapon saws and doesnt cut - its in the exotic weapons category. and youre supposed to make a simple or martial weapon from this - not exotic.
also youre not getting the point with hiding this in your clothing/armor - if youre hiding such shit in your armor or clothing, you can do a lot better by just hiding a normal weapon there. otherwise its just a piece of your clothing/armor, and to assemble it to a weapon you would need some craft check or something. otherwise its just a hidden weapon.
>>
>>49887225
Fuck I've seen a hand crossbow made out of 10 toothbrushes, part of a stapler, some screws and a few pieces of rubber.

The projectiles for it were tightly rolled paper, aluminum from cigarette packages, pieces of wire and masking tape.
>>
>>49887246
I've also seen an automatic gun made out of a drill, among other things. Which would be a perfectly normal thing to carry if you were showing up as say a handyman.

Extrapolate it a bit and you can get some really goofy shit
>>
What is the best geshalt class for Magus? I'm assuming something full BAB to abuse the free spell attack.
>>
>>49887225
>A few longer pieces of well concealed metal, wrapped together with things like cloth, with literally anything heavy on top of it.

thats a concealed weapon, isnt it? and really, you just need 1 piece of concealed metal. you dont need to tie shit or put anything heavy on top of it. and thats what im saying - if you have a club in that kit, youre getting a club in. unless you want to tie belt buckles together, which is essentialy a normal leather belt with a buckle. which is a belt.
youre thinking of thousands of ways to conceal weapons in your clothing and call it "belts buckles and buttons" and then youre telling me im an ignorant cunt
>>
>>49887125
Do I have to explain how to realistically make each martial/simple melee weapon? It just does. The point of the "item" is to have a handy back up of your preferred weapon in case you spent feats and and have a class the depends on a certain weapon. You get it at a -2 and you don't have to use a weapon can feasible use but with no bonuses or a -4 improvised weapon.

And because the "weapon" is a bunch of normal stuff you have or are wearing, they can't take it from you unless they decide it is a meeting that everyone has to be naked in but then I have a rod of my own to bring ;)

With a "walking stick", it is an object they can see and potential take away.

>>49887225
I had to google what that fallacy was. I learn something new everyday. Am I using any fallacies in my arguments and points?
>>
>>49887283
Urban Barbarian.
>>
>>49887286
>Am I using any fallacies in my arguments and points?

I dont know if you're a different anon from the ignorant cunt, so I cant say.
>>
>>49887286
that shit is just a glorified belt. delude yourself as much as you want. the point of it is that someone didnt think it through and thought it would be cool to have a bunch of scrap that miraculously turns into a weapon. but the problem with that is that either you dont get to keep the scrap, or if you keep the scrap literally a piece of clothing has the same worth.
>>
>>49887241
The point is that because it is random normal junk, they can't take it form you BECAUSE it is not a weapon. There is no checks to make BECAUSE there is no weapon. If you made a light weapon with this thing, THEN tried to hide it, you would actually get a +4 bonus to the slight of hands check.

Have you heard of the four winds shotgun? It is a weapon that is literally a bunch of pipes, nail and random junk that is plausible to have around the home. After a minute of assemble you have a working gun. Together the police can confiscate it maybe. But separate, it is random junk so the police can't sanction you or some shit. And when you are done using it, take it apart and scatter the parts to the 4 winds, hence the name. Now when people try to find the shoot bang, they might just see random junk strewn about in random places.
http://www.survivorlibrary.com/library/firearms-saxon_kurt-the_four_winds_shotgun.pdf
>>
>>49881016
That sounds awesome desu
>>
>>49887309
I am not ignorant cunt? I think my stance is that the piecemeal weapon is feasible and reasonable in situations that warrant you to bring a weapon somewhere or something.
>>
>>49887338
if that thing cannot be taken from you because it isnt a weapon, then you dont need it. its belts buttons and buckles, isnt it? you have those even without it.
if it is more than just belts buckles and buttons, then it is a bunch of hidden weapons and there is a hide check involved.
and i find it more likely that anyone would be suspicious of a bunch of bullshit in a bag, than in a cane and a sharpened coin. and if its in your clothes and its nothing special, then its in everyones clothes and is nothing of any importance. so any time you have clothes on you, you have this with you. because of course your clothes have tons of pieces of sharpened metal on them for no apparent reason.
>>
>>49887338
and in what universe some glued pipe isnt suspicious and not a hidden weapon? even if they dont perceive it as a shotgun this thing screams "pipebomb"
>>
>>49887346

Not just *any* homesteads, anon! Andoran, Chelish or Ulfen homesteads!

Remember, Cheliax has a major gold mine on the continent, and the Ulfen have the legendary settlement of Valenhall, where all the greatest warriors of the Linnorm Kingdoms journey to for death!
>>
>>49887225
>you're succumbing to the fallacy of personal incredulity
And you're succumbing to the fallacy fallacy. Just because his statements are fallacious doesn't mean that they should be dismissed - he's just not arguing his point well.
>>
>>49887385
i think im arguing my point quite well to be honest.
>>
>>49887366
>i find it more likely that anyone would be suspicious of a bunch of bullshit in a bag

It's not in a bag you fucking mong. It's simple things on your person that could conceivably be assembled into a weapon with low effort. It doesn't need to be a good weapon.

Fuck a long hair pin could be a "rapier" when combined with some other stuff.

The item literally exists so you don't need to fucking argue with pedants like yourself on turning clothing, accessories & handheld items into a weapon. Because there's always some cunt like you who decides to DM and sits there like HAL 9000 rules lawyer edition going "I CANT LET YOU DO THAT PLAYER".

Do you require people to literally describe 20000% of what they're wearing / how they look?
>>
>>49887225
>>49887385
and also im not thinking its hard for it to be true, i think that in any case in which it is true it is useless. i have to remind you my first statement - which was that literally a club is better than this. then it evolved to a walking stick and a sharpened coin is better than this.
>>
>>49887142
Bumpo?
>>
>>49887406
>It's not in a bag you fucking mong. It's simple things on your person that could conceivably be assembled into a weapon with low effort. It doesn't need to be a good weapon.

you didnt read all of it then. if its just simple shit everyone has on their person, its simple shit everyone has on their person. if its hidden weapons on your person its hidden weapons.
its not about rules lawyering its a simple concept. if its hidden weapons to be assembled, you need a check. if its shit on your clothes, everyone has it.
>>
>>49887427
On phone and it'd be tedious to look them all up. Also it's still early in burger land.
>>
>Level 18: turn a whopping 5 points of non-energy damage from each melee or ranged attack nonlethal; attacks of opportunity stop foes from moving; you can move adjacent to a foe and make an attack as an immediate action (but even if you don't move, you lose an action).

>Level 20: Non-stacking 4 increase to aid another bonus; give up offense in a round to grant allies a small bonus that round, 1/combat (WTF people get mad at Gareth for not defining an encounter but "once per combat" in the fucking cavalier?); Spend a standard action to move+attack (or partial charge) 1/combat, allies able to join as an immediate

>Level 15: +2 morale bonus to one save while you maintain an alignment; ignore ACP on Ride, halfway ignore the brace property (lol), damage bonus based on vehicle choice, mounted combat feat; 1/day baby smite other

I'm just hurt by the cavalier class. It sucks. How do I make it not suck?
>>
>>49887385
I'm going to assume anon is

>>49886543
>>49886579
>>49886609
>>49886648
>>49886689
>>49886745
>>49886758
>>49886803
>>49886830
>>49886886
>>49886928
>>49886996
>>49887073
>>49887080
>>49887125
>>49887241
>>49887285
>>49887312
>>49887366

He's been thoroughly ridiculous since he fucking started. He launched with reductio ad absurdum, followed through with personal incredulity, and he's refusing to admit that maybe it's okay for people to have things that they can wear that might conceal sharp edges or otherwise be made into a variety of simple weapons.

because y'know its a "10 pound bag of scrap" or "just leather belts and buckles" or "a bajillionty concealed weapons" (because apparently anything could be a weapon). There's no accounting for imagination and "you should just use a staff instead, because hurp durr we'll confiscate anything that might look like a weapon because [contrived goalpost shifting strawman]".
>>
>not just being a soul knife with a mind blade.
What are they going to do, take my brain?
>>
>>49887419
And I made the simple counter that a club/walking stick could be taken away.

>>49887433
SEPARATE they are not a weapon so they need no check. The reason everyone does not have this is that you can imply that these are special random pieces of junk that they are able to fit/form together like some monstrous lego piece.
>>
>>49887293
Doesn't Barbarian limit anything that requires concetration, including casting spells?
>>
>>49887433
>if its hidden weapons to be assembled, you need a check.

No, you expressly fucking don't. Not everyone carries a bunch of "flair" with them you goddamn autist, this kit says "hey you can have your flair on you - and that flair can be assembled into any weapon you're proficient with".

Maybe the guards make a fucking sense motive check against you, but they're not going to be searching for weapons because they aren't weapons, they're jewelery, hair pins, belts and buckles and clasps, or even shit like fishing hooks, wire from a hair net or pieces of a book that require extreme knowledge of what they are and could be assembled into.

It is literally a fucking macguyver kit to weapons, where you turn a bunch of marbles and a condom into a martial atomic bomb (with the broken quality).

You seem to have a problem understanding that just because you find it hard to believe, it shouldn't work. No one gives a fuck what you believe.
>>
>>49887475
just >>49887073
is not me.
for the rest its me. and no, i understand how its supposed to work. im not arguing i dont understand it, i argue i understand it and that for it to work, core rules must be ignored. if there is no check for hiding weapons, no basic parts of weapons must be in the kit. in which case proficiency is challenged. if proficiency is challenged in the way this item challenges it, then simpler items, which can be found on clothes fall into that proficiency category and are a lot better than the kit. which makes the kit useless. if proficiency is a problem, then the kit must contain core parts of weapons. if it contains core parts of weapons it must contains things which require a hidden weapon check. how is this that hard to understand?
>>
>>49887283
Can you spell strike with any spell? Maybe Maybe a divine class?
>>49887502
Urban barbarian rage is unique
>>
File: You.png (6KB, 204x418px) Image search: [Google]
You.png
6KB, 204x418px
>>49887475
Most of those you highlighted were responses to me. The guy who brought up this strange and not used as often item. That one you is me, but did that post make me sound like, as you have so dubbed, ignorant anon?
>>
>>49887512
>>49887499
lets go into the main cases of what weapon you can make.
a mace, an axe or a sword.
for a mace you just need a hard heavy thing on a lever. a belt suits.
for an axe you need a shaft and a heavy sharp head. if you can get an excuse to have this on your attire, then anyone could have such an excuse and you dont need the kit, you just need the clothes.
for a sword you need a hard sharp relative light thing on a handle.
same as the axe - if you can get it in as "clothes" you dont need this item. you just need the clothes.
how is that item not redundant and useless? if you could bring it in, its in your clothes, if you cant bring it in its worse than a hidden weapon because it needs assembly.
>>
>>49887515
>if there is no check for hiding weapons, no basic parts of weapons must be in the kit.

You have bleach and ammonia in your house, you must be planning on making mustard gas. Right?

There are thousands of things that you could carry on you that are entirely fine to carry, but could concievably be turned into weapons with some intent. There's no sleight of hand vs perception check because you're not *hiding* anything - they're parts of your attire that you are entirely okay to have.

Maybe a Sense motive vs bluff check for the determined guardsman, but they're looking for weapons - not things that at a stretch could be assembled into a weapon.

I dont think you understand that "core parts of weapons" doesn't fucking matter, it's something that *you* have contrived. Long hair pin + some plastic cards & a few 'rivet' type items = functional but shitty axe. None of those are "core parts of weapons".

This isn't a discussion, you are wrong - people are tired of explaining why you're wrong, fuck off already.
>>
>>49887512
>where you turn a bunch of marbles and a condom into a martial atomic bomb (with the broken quality).

that made me chucke
>>
>>49887523
>7073
No, not really. It was a cluster of posts that were a bit hard to parse.
>>
>>49887516
At 2nd level, whenever a magus casts a spell with a range of “touch” from the magus spell list.

So no, sorry. You can only spellstrike with the magus list.
>>
>>49887560
if its so fine to wear it in your clothes, then you have it in your clothes. no need for the item. you just specify that you wear it. its not kit, its just a bunch of clothes.
>>
>>49887568
Why not cast telekinesis and save the condom for future use?
>>
>>49887581
>You can only spellstrike with the magus list.
Or with any curse if you're a hexcrafter
>>
>>49887587
The kit exists so you can say "I HAVE SPENT MONEY ON THESE RULES THAT SAY I CAN DO THIS, SO NO RETARD CAN TRY TO COCKBLOCK ME WHEN I DO THIS. THIS KIT IS SPECIAL BECAUSE IT ALLOWS ME TO DO THIS AND NORMAL ATTIRE IS NOT DESIGNED WITH THIS INTENT".

It is prison shiv kit the ruleset. So we don't have retard dm's that get mad when you build a hand crossbow out of a bunch of toothbrushes a few screws and some other junk.
>>
>>49887605
then its a prison shiv kit. a hidden weapon. needs check. not better than normal hidden weapon.
>>
>>49887587
This statement is saying "if it is a bunch of random items on your person, why does not everyone inherently have this item, why buy it when you already "'own' it" Well this item is special is that it allows you to do it, maybe because now those are special items that can be logo fitted together or some bullshit.
>>
>>49887614
I dont think you understand how prison shivs work either. They are a bunch of things that are fine for you to have... until you assemble them into a weapon. At which point it stops being fine.

I am tired of having this circular argument. You are wrong in multiple ways and desperately need to swandive off a cliff into a flaming garbage can.
>>
>>49887625
no, im not saying why not everyone have it, im saying if youre planning to use this, and you use it on your clothes, its the same as having your clothes resewn to fit a disassembled hidden weapon. its the same thing. and if its not that, that its just a bunch of normal shit everyone has.
>>
>>49887614
>>49887605
BUT THE ANALOGY GOES LIKE THIS:
This shiv kit only contains a tooth brush and a few toiletries. By themselves nothing. BUT AFTER A MINUTE OF WORK AND FANDNAGLING YOU GOT A SHANK, STABBY MIC STAB STAB!
>>
>>49887637
a toothbrush is fine to have. a sharpened toothbrush is a shiv and if searched will be taken from you. you dont stab people with a toothbrush, you stab them with a sharpened toothbrush. i think you dont understand how shivs work.
>>
>>49887594
I think there is another archetype that gets you bard spells. Not sure. Archetype to get divine spells when?
>>
>>49887648
riiight... and what are you going to sharpen the toothbrush with? you think you will sandpaper it into the wall in 1 minute? or youre going to take a blade, to make a shiv with and then discard the blade?
>>
>>49887659
By people who are extremely stringent, trained and doing sense motive & perception checks all the time every day.

Because of limited resources its harder for a prisoner to make a shiv. They tend to not be allowed very many metal objects.

This kit also has simple things that would allow you to turn your normal toothbrush into a shiv in a few seconds. Like say a nail file (maybe 'enchanted' so that it needs less maitenance - magic is abundant in most settings, people probably have all sorts of shitty extremely minor magical things); something that would be fine for a regular person to carry, but could easily be used to help assemble a shitty weapon.
>>
>>49887700
its not magic cuz in the kits its stated it could never be magical. but if it has a file, then it has tools in it, not just a bunch of belts, buttons and straps. if it has a file, it has a blade. if it has a blade you need a check. if it doesnt have a blade, it cant make sharp things that make up cutting weapons.
>>
>>49887700
and if "lax guards" is the reason this can go in, then its clearly a hidden weapon. why hide a weapon that needs 1 min assembly and its shit, instead of a normal concealed weapon?
>>
>>49887659
>>49887680
But the point is that he was able to bring materials in that were able to form a weapon. The analogy is this. You are going to jail. You want a weapon in jail. "Guard I need muh walking stick" Guard says "fook off mate" and bye bye stick. Now guard searches your shit and finds your toiletries. "Tooth brush" "To fight dem cavities mate" Cool, you bring it in. Now I used a minute cause that was what the item said but now after some realistic/feasible time you can transform an item which destroys plaque, to an item WHICH DESTROYS YOUR ENEMIES! And you don't need sandpaper, just hard concrete.

>>49887717
>>49887700
>>49887734

We are using the shiv kit example. There is no need to hide the weapon CAUSE IT IS NOT A WEAPON YET. THE FACT YOU HAVE A NORMAL CONCEALED WEAPON MEANS YOU HAVE TO DO CHECKS.
>>
>>49887717
HRUFFDURBNFURUF CONVOLUTED GOALPOST SHIFTING TO MAKE MYSELF SEEM RIGHT AGAIN.

Kill yourself, Seriously. You're fucking annoying. Your entire 'justification' is that a single 'blade' of any size in this kit requires a check for a concealed weapon, which simply isn't true.

>its not magic cuz in the kits its stated it could never be magical

It cannot be magically enhanced; the fluffy flavor of the file allows it no magical enhancement it just does its job better.

>>49887734
You're a fucking retard. Jesus christ. You do not get a check, I don't care how fucking asspained this makes you.

It is not a perception vs sleight of hand check, you do not get one. Maybe the guards make a standard sense motive check to determine your intent (which could still be nothing because you might not ever intend to use it), but they would not ping on the "weapon" at all.

This has been explained repeatedly.
>>
>>49887767
but there are 2 problems with this.
1. this kit states any one-handed martial weapon can be made from it. a shiv is pretty much a nail. a sharp thing used to get 3-4cm of penetration multiple times to kill your victim from blood loss. you dont need a kit for a shiv. a shiv can be made from snapping a twig,
2. you can use this "kit". the problem with using it, is there as are tons of a lot more sober, cheaper, more useful normal objects you can get instead of it. literally the toothbrush case is what i said - the swaggerstick and the sharpened coin.
>>
>>49887775
stop being so assblasted already. youre calling me all sorts of names and your only counter-argument is that im retarded. you dont address any of my points and just say "duh it works". if you dont get a check for any weird/dangerous objects in the kit, you dont need a check for concealed weapons. if you do need a check, youre better of with a concealed weapon instead of a pile of junk.
>>
File: druids.jpg (35KB, 698x289px) Image search: [Google]
druids.jpg
35KB, 698x289px
>>49887498
STOP.
GIVING.
THE US GOVERNMENT.
MORE.
FUCKING.
IDEAS.

Seriously. Go blow yourself up with whatever spook just read this that he may never run off going "BOSS! BOSS! GET OUT OF THAT TODDLER AND CHECK THIS OUT, I JUST SOLVED ALL OF THE TERRORISM PROBLEMS AT NO LOSS TO OUR BUDGET! BECAUSE THEY'LL ALL BE FUCKING DEAD YOU SEE!!!!"
>>
File: 1432464618521.jpg (154KB, 1400x1050px) Image search: [Google]
1432464618521.jpg
154KB, 1400x1050px
>>49887850
The government is in this thread right now arguing about the piecemeal weapon.
>>
>>49887839
>you dont address any of my points
Because your points have already been addressed and they're largely fucking irrelevant or invalid.

I'll stop calling you a retard when you stop being one, retard. You have relied on fallacies the whole time, from reductio ad absurdum, personal incredulity... and now you're trying to create a false dichotomy with your statements of "IT CAN ONLY BE ONE OF TWO THINGS!!!!".

And you're right, I am trying to bully you out of this 'discussion' (because it stopped being a discussion long ago) because you're wrong and I'm tired of listening to your ridiculous mental gymnastics you stupid fuck.
>>
>>49887906
if you dont get a check for any weird/dangerous objects in the kit, you dont need a check for concealed weapons. if you do need a check, youre better of with a concealed weapon instead of a pile of junk.
deny this.
>>
>>49887817
The examples stated were for two separate things. The piecemeal and shiv kit(which does not exsist, i think). By snapping that twig you have made an improvised weapon. The piecemeal weapon gives you the rules to not make an improvised weapon our of your stuff.

>>49887839
There is no check for weird/dangerous objects cause by themselves they are not weird or dangerous. But concealed weapons get a check BECAUSE they are light/one handed weapons or whatever. If you think you can make weapons out of anything, that would make it an improvised weapon.
>>
>>49887588

>condom for future use

Y-Yeah, that's why I've got that condom in my wallet since Freshman year.

Ha ha h-ha.
>>
>>49887923
I am not doing your tangential mental gymnastics false dichotomy.
>>
>>49887902
Not all of it though, some of it's on sadpanda loading up on x-ray porn
>>
>>49887923
THERE ARE NO WEIRD OR DANGEROUS OBJECTS IN THE KIT BECAUSE THEY ARE COMMON ITEMS AND JUNK ON YOUR PERSON. THEY ARE NOT THE SAME OR SIMILAR TO CONCEALED WEAPONS BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT WEAPONS.

I am not the anon calling you a retard. I am trying to prevent myself from name calling.
>>
>>49887926
>There is no check for weird/dangerous objects cause by themselves they are not weird or dangerous.
yes. therefore this kit doesnt have concealed weapons. therefore anything this kit has that can be used to make a short sword, can be brought in without a problem. the only thing a short sword cant do without is the blade. if this kit doesnt violate the rules, then in your campaign smuggling blades in areas where you cant bring in weapons is ok. in which case - why use the kit? just bring in the blade.
>>
New Thread:
>>49888011
>>49888011
>>49888011
>>49888011
>>
>>49881404
If he really was your best friend, he would change his character to suit the party's theme.
Thread posts: 377
Thread images: 44

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.