[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/srg/ - Shadowrun General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 340
Thread images: 56

File: 1474096133073.jpg (82KB, 392x960px) Image search: [Google]
1474096133073.jpg
82KB, 392x960px
...Identity Spoofed
...Encryption Keys Generated
...Connected to Onion Routers
>>>Login: *********
>>>Enter Passcode: *********
...Biometric Scan Confirmed
Connected to SeattleNet...

>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
>Last Viewed Files: >>49846531
>Finding your Target.trid
>Blackmail: Their Work or their Family, how to easily find out which they value more.knwsft
>Detonating Explosives.sklchp
>How to Cover your tracks: A simple guide in 7 steps.knwsft

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: 1 (100% Positive)
* You have 1 new private message, titled 'Chummer, does the target need to have ALL his natural limbs at drop-off?'
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked https://github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage: http://pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running 'running in the 50s'.BTL...

>Shoot straight
>Conserve ammo
>And never, ever cut a deal with a dragon

Extraction Edition
>>
>>49879161

Reposting because it's awesome

How hacking/ducking works.

What edition?

>>49876813
>In 5e check the Hayek Sheets in the OP pastebin
(http://pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr)
>in 4e check pdf related

>>49879161
>>
>>49879137
But what does that actually mean? Do they have to pay more taxes? Can't go to school? Or is more of a cultural thing?
>>
>>49879240
>What edition?
it's 4e

Also:
>How hacking/ducking works.
>ducking
>>
File: spreading lights 1369006955309.gif (917KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
spreading lights 1369006955309.gif
917KB, 480x360px
>>49879161

4e question.
where do i find info on east cost cities like Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, and Miami?
>>
>>49879267
like being the blacks when the police are out to getcher in muh muhmerica.
>>
File: MyFirstSR5Storytime.png (333KB, 1629x1865px) Image search: [Google]
MyFirstSR5Storytime.png
333KB, 1629x1865px
>>49879161
I'd like some advice, /srg/
I decided a few days ago that I was gonna run Shadowrun for my friends. I've never run it before, but I have run games before(Pathfinder, nWoD/CofD, Exalted, and Traveller). Both of the games of SR I've played before have been shitshows; the first one I posted about on /tg/ a while back, pic related, the second one was an attempt at doing Mirror's Edge in Shadowrun, but the GM had no idea what he was doing and it ended after ~5 sessions.

My players have all made their characters, for the most part; we've got a Mystic Adept with a weapon focus Highland Forge Claymore(reskinned as a Nippon Steel Nodachi), based off of Lo Wang from Shadow Warrior, a Russian Troll with cyberarms boosted to 10 STR and 8 AGI(Customized 5, Enhanced 3) who carries a MMG(Stoner) and is based loosely on Heavy Weapons Guy, a 7 Edge stealth man, and (potentially) a gnome decker who throws explosives at shit when she isn't hacking.

They've all taken debts, the troll is probably going to have a contact with Vory, the adept has Wanted and Vengeance because he got his Nodachi by not giving it to the person he stole it for, and the sneeki breeki probably has at least one contact for whoever he used to work for

Anything I should keep in mind for running my first game? I'm already familiar with the Magic rules, and I know I need to read up on the Matrix rules so I can handle the Decker, but otherwise I'm kinda drawing a blank as far as prep goes(even on what their first run is going to be; right now I'm waiting to see if any of them have any good plot hooks for me to tug on, but if not the only idea I've got is one I came up with a few years ago where the Johnson works with the CEO of MCT Seattle and wants them to steal and then erase the files for something called "Project MAUI" because he doesn't agree with the horrible shit it entails and he wants it destroyed.
>>
>>49879267

It's bad enough that the neo-IRA has elves in it who are disgusted by the antics of the elf supremacists in charge.
>>
>>49879695
>SHRUNK TO FIT ON 4chan
Got a link to the original?
>>
Is there any reason a corp/ npc/ pc would NOT want to use Thermographic smoke grenades over smoke grenades?
>>
>>49879769

Yes. Here you go. Original image is 2936×3212

https://shesaidsaidshe.wordpress.com/tag/sci-bono/

Can you help me to find information I requested in >>49879294 ?

I'm playing a character who has been travelling for a year and a half before the start of the game and I'm trying to pick what city they were originally from because I've learned neough about the setting to know that LA is not a good choice and that it is hard to find detailed information in the 4e core book about cities that are not Seattle.
>>
>>49879944
Thanks, mate. I've only run part of one campaign in 4e, but I'll check the books I have. Off the top of my head, Feral Cities gives you a lot of information asbout a few cities, but it focuses on the biggest shitholes in the setting. If you're interested in American cities specifically, Feral Cities can at least tell you about Chicago. It also describes Lagos in detail, and a few other places of interest in less detail.

There's also War, but it's mostly about Bogota, with a bunch of sections about other places like Poland, Somalia, and Albuquerque. Last one's the capital of New Mexico, so it might be of interest to you, too.

They're both in the OP trove as usual.
>>
File: Untitled2.png (1MB, 1017x668px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled2.png
1MB, 1017x668px
>>49879941
Use normal smoke if you have thermographic vision and you believe your opponents don't.
>>
>>49880129

But in the fight between megacorps and career criminals why would anyone risk going against The Man/ Criminal Scum with only smoke grenades? Is there any inherent superiority in smoke grenades that could balance out "being able to block thermographic vision too"?
>>
>>49881319
The only reason not to is if you have thermographic vision yourself and want to have the advantage instead of equalizing the playing field with them.

Not all corpsec is going to be outfitted with it, but it's likely most will be since they're so militarized. In that case, use thermographic smoke
>>
RIP chummer, Adept/MysAd/Magician no longer gives you magic
>>
>>49882194
If it's anything like the last update, download the full new version instead of using "check for update" and it should work.
>>
>>49882301
I've done that three times, magic no longer works at all.
>>
>>49882194
What priority selection? Show me a broken character file.
>>
>>49882469
Karmagen
>>
>>49882523
Fuuuuck I'm an idiot. Hang on.
>>
I've never played shadowrun. Is it bad to cut a deal with all dragons? I know that cutting one with Lofwyr is bad, but what about other dragons?
>>
>>49882816
>Is it bad to cut a deal with all dragons?
Yes.
Because you never know what you are getting yourself into. Even if you aren't being fucked over by the dragon you are working for you might become a target for another Snake.
Or possibly the fallout of whatever you did catches up with you 20 years later.

Who can really know what a dragon is up to? That is why you should never trust a dragon.
>>
>>49882912
How is that different than any other employer though?
>>
>>49882816

Even the nicest dragon is like 7000 years old and greed as fuck. WHen they're being kind it's because they want something from you. Everything might be a double cross. Always be careful when running, and the best way to be careful is to never deal with a dragon.
>>
Next stupid question everyone else here probably knows: What does "chummer" mean?
>>
>>49883228
Slang for "friend."
>>
>>49883228

Dude fucking put in six seconds of effort what the fuck.

Shadowrun has a bunch of goofy slang online. Literally fucking google "shadowrun slang" and you'll find it.

Literally read anything about shadowrun or even fucking read posts and see how they use chummer in context and figure it out.

Literally do ANYTHING other than ask like a moron.
>>
>>49879267
Basically on paper Tir is a open bastion of modern thinking that doesn't discriminate against its meta kin.

This is on the same paper that says Aztechnology is a family corp that doesnt do blood magic.
>>
>>49883283
I looked up chummer specifically and failed to find it. Looking up slang to find a list didn't occur to me.
>>
>>49879479
Wow did the guy in the pic fuck the gms girfriend?

Anyway I remenber you! You were the guy concerend that his party all took indebt right?
>>
>>49883401
I haven't posted about this game before, and the story in the pic was written by me about a game I had. I never met the GM in person, and I wouldn't have fucked his girlfriend even if I did because I'm a big gay.
He just hated me inexplicably.

Granted, given that the single time we tried playing Maid RPG, he tried to rape me in-character(shortly before we finally just said 'yeah we're done with this shit' and kicked him out of the group), maybe he didn't hate me, but just had a really weird and horrible way of showing that he liked me.

Anywho, I'm not that concerned about the whole party having In Debt. Gives me plenty of ways to give them runs later, by looking at who still has a Debt and who to, and saying 'they called you up to do a thing, you aren't getting paid for it but it'll knock a hefty amount off the debt you owe them'.
>>
>>49883355
The first few pages of the rulebook have a spead with slang.
You can find the books in the OP
>>
>>49883491
Oh so see there was a old guy who was concerend because everyone else was in heavy debt and I told him to go with a street sam legbreaker and have the dm make the group a mafia suicide squad. Which he decided to do
because I'm brilliant.

But yeah, that thing was a mess, seems like the only guy who got out of it was deviantart boy.

As for running plots, well to be fair the fun thing about Shadowrun is you dont need one! Your mercenaries, you just have them do a bunch of normal runs, figure out how they play, then give them a big job.

Then work from there.
>>
>Ranger Arms SM-5 with EX-Explosive rounds is 16P and -6 AP and semi-automatic (16F, 28k nuyen)
>Enfield AS-7 with EX-Explosive rounds is 15P and -2 AP and burst-fire (12F, 1100 nuyen)

>Panther XXL is 17P and -6 AP and single-shot (20F, 43k nuyen)
>Krime Cannon is 16P and -6 AP and semi-automatic (20F, 21k nuyen)

I can't possibly justify getting an assault cannon to myself when EX-Explosive rounds and combat shotguns/sniper rifles exist.
>>
>>49883051
>How is that different than any other employer though?
Any other employer isn't a superhumanly cunning and long-planning uber-wizard with literally thousands of years of experience and similarly-epic enemies.

They're like any other employer, but at least an entire order of magnitude moreso.
>>
>>49883844
Also bear in mind most Dragons plan around stuff you have no idea exists.

Damien is interested in nuyem and power, but the dragons survived the end of magic and dont have to worry about petty things like a few millenium.

Also they have old debts and so any dragon related thing inevitibly ties to lofwyr chief asshole.
>>
>>49883814
If you hand-load them it becomes 17P/-6 AP and 16P/-2 AP.

Hand-loaded EX-Explosive rounds are also cheaper than assault cannon rounds, though they are 14F instead of 12F like assault cannon shells, meaning at chargen you'll need to settle for either regular Explosive rounds or APDS slugs or something.
>>
File: Enfield AS-7.png (17KB, 128x128px) Image search: [Google]
Enfield AS-7.png
17KB, 128x128px
>>49883814
>>49883911
Don't forget that post-chargen you can upgrade to an Auto-Assault 16 to keep enjoying that Assault Cannon levels of damage like the Enfield, but with fully-automatic fire.

And that you can load up flechettes for soft targets or to get the enhanced flechette suppression rules, unlike with an assault cannon.

And that you can load up APDS slugs when situationally appropriate.

And all kinds of other advantages that Longarms has over Heavy Weapons, at least where assault cannons are concerned.

The reason you take Heavy Weapons is for grenade launchers, not for any of the other weapons in the category.
>>
>>49883844
If they are so much smarter than a human, how is an ordinary GM supposed to make them act as smart as a dragons is?
>>
>>49883981
By retconning in 'just as planned' moments, by intentionally making the players lack enough information to get a good idea of what the dragon's plans actually are to make them seem extra mysterious, or by accepting that they don't have the GMing chops for that kind of smoke-and-mirrors theatrics and never including dragons in their own campaign.
>>
>>49879267
It means if you live in Tir na Nog and you aren't an elf, anytime something goes wrong, you'll be blamed.
If you go into a job interview and the guy ahead of you is an elf, turn around and go on home, you don't have a chance.
Walking home from the pub late by yourself? The Garda (cops) would like a word with you. You live in this neighborhood? Bullets, let's see some ID. No, an ARO off your comm won't do, get out a hard copy. Don't got one? Maybe your lawyer can bring one to the police station. Oh, you mad? Gonna resist arrest, are you? C'mon, halfer/breeder/trog, make my night.
Sorry, we don't have rooms for your kind in this apartment building.
Sorry, we don't serve your type here.
Sorry, you'll have to file your complaint with someone who cares.

That's what it means.
>>
>>49882523
>>49882594
Well, that's fixed. Fuckity fuck fuck. I need to look into doing unit tests again, I think. Or go back to months between release updates.
>>
>>49884016
Basically the only reason orcs and trolls are allowed in Tir is because the Elves couldnt handle the idea of doing the dirty work themselves, could you imagine a elf janitor? They can't.

So orks get to do it. Basically the only place orcs dont get shit on is the Black Forest, and the city of the dead i think, but that has its own problems.
>>
>>49884127
Even the underground is getting gentrified now
>>
>>49884090
Why's that?
>>
>>49884318
Unit tests are something I've been wanting to do forever, but they're a shit to implement properly. As for the release length, I reaaaaally don't like letting out release builds with major undiscovered bugs in them. Nightlies are intended to shake those bugs out, but since there's less people doing it it's harder to catch stuff. Hell, 5.186 was released early to stamp out a bug with the priority selection, ironically enough.
>>
>>49884275
Underground however is the one thing elves are blameless for.

It was a bad move made by some people who thought it would help trolls
(Bulls daughter) but mostly it helps Renraku, which ironically is forcing them to diversify. Which helps trolls.

But not really in the way people want.
>>49884318
Asamando is thick with the hmvv ironically, its pretty much also the least shitty nation in the world with a 90% reading history and a rich economay based on their orachilum deposits.
But dzoo and grendels arent really sentinent so you can end up accidentally end up not being a person.
>>
>>49884403
Alright. How do we help bugtest, then?
>>
5E soon to be gm here.
In fantasy the first thing you throw at people are rats and goblins. But what is typically the first encounter a new group of street-scum runners come across? I know about HMHVV victims, but I pictured them as more of an oddity in the very depth of the slums than as, there could be one around every corner.
This will not be a hack and slay group but i want to give them some action. So should I just go with gangers as the first dangerous encounter or should I throw critters first? What's your opinion?
>>
>>49884519
Get the nightly build and generate characters. Don't hesitate to try out completely whacky things.

Whenever you encounter something that (you think) ain't right report it here or on the chummer 5 forums, wait for the next build, see if it's gone.
>>
>>49885022
You throw Food Fight at them is what you do.
>>
>>49882816
>Is it bad to cut a deal with all dragons
I first read that as "cut a deal with ALL Dragons, at once."
Now the question is: is that just as bad as making a deal with one Dragon, is it far worse, or does it loop around and end up even better than normal?
>>
>>49882816
A dragon will never consider a metahuman as an equal. Maybe, just maybe as a useful little thing they can use and that is worth keeping on hand, and that is the very best case scenario

And even in that case, you're always at (quite high) risk of becoming a target. Dragons don't fight amongst themselves (too much or openly) but they have absolutely zero qualms about breaking one another's toys.
>>
>>49885099
>Food Fight
And remember to take the superior Stuffer Shack Version
>>
>>49885220
I didn't have an easy time articulating it and just gave up with the hope the second question would clear what I meant up.
>>
>>49885437
No commas or anything. I am terrible! Maybe I'll be better after some sleep.
>>
>>49885220

Depends on if you're capable of pulling a Constantine or not
>>
>>49885022
Devils rats and goblinoids.
>>
File: fuck off.jpg (45KB, 704x480px) Image search: [Google]
fuck off.jpg
45KB, 704x480px
>>49885220

Okay look, I don't even know what you would deal in that would allow you to make a deal with ALL of the dragons, but if you literally make a deal with ALL dragons and have a GM who's worth a damn be sure to come back here and storytime for us exactly when, how many times, how long, and in how many creative ways you and your team get fucked to death for your arrogance.

tl;dr They're all Little Fingers and Cersei Lannisters, and for every typo or grammatical error for every legal document you ask them to sign they will find loopholes, repeals, and secret clauses you didn't even know existed to ruin you and that's IF one of the very bloodthirsty angry dragons doesn't decide to just eat you.

It's fun to think about though. The SR freelancers oughtta write a short story about a guy cutting a fantastic deal with a room full of non-bloodthirsty dragons and before he even leaves the room he's been manipulated into agreeing to also clean out Llofwyr's nest for 6 months for free and agreed to give his home up for one of the other dragons to run a Bunraku parlor (which he also has to clean) and all of his exploits for the next forty years are being given to Schwartzkopf as a sign of good faith and also by the way Arduenne over there has been studying blood magic and could really use a guy with decent essence to volunteer to be inhabited by a blood spirit for a month or two and you aren't gonna turn down a chance to be part of history like that, are you?

It would probably be really cathartic for the freelancer too since... ya know... Catalyst.
>>
>>49885603
>Cersei Lannister

Is shit at that kind of thing.
>>
>>49885267
Could you elaborate why you think the Stuffer Shack version is better?
>>
>>49885452
Why not two fingers? He's British.
>>
>>49885719

I dont know ask the fucking artist.
>>
File: tumblr_ofc3hxpvpl1rm8k4oo1_1280.jpg (1MB, 839x1272px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ofc3hxpvpl1rm8k4oo1_1280.jpg
1MB, 839x1272px
>>49885030
>>49884519
Yeah, pretty much that. I get rather myopic about stuff that I'm fixing; like I know for a fact that breaking the enablemag was my fault, since I was only looking at whether the adept tab was enabled, not whether magic was active as well.

Honestly, I should've just left more time between major updates.
>>
>>49886090
Nah man, you're fine. Shit happens sometimes, and you seriously do a fucking incredible job of keeping the program fixed up. Like, legit the best I've ever seen at responding to feedback.
>>
File: Not to Scale.png (801KB, 1094x624px) Image search: [Google]
Not to Scale.png
801KB, 1094x624px
>>49879161
Do you prefer LeMat inspired revolvers with a cylinder of cartridges around a central shotgun barrel.
Or revolvers with under-slung shotgun/grenade/flare launcher?

In terms of style?
In terms of use?
>>
>>49886301
For style its the under barrel, I love that look on the left. As for use..no fucking idea, never used anything with an underslung anything before..
>>
>>49885603
And the guy will do that sure, and in 4 hours not only are all the dragons cleaning Lofwyr's nest, but they are also painting his grandma's fence for him and havin a swell time doing it.
>>
File: Arm Minigun.jpg (948KB, 1246x1181px) Image search: [Google]
Arm Minigun.jpg
948KB, 1246x1181px
Do you guys ever think about the physics of your augments? For example, how much cyber does it take before your character sinks in water instead of floating, or needs to reinforce their furniture?
>>
>>49885022
Low-rent street hoods.
>>
>>49888386
Ware doesn't necessarily mean heavier. So many years in the future and with so much cold war between corps you can bet your ass they've discovered light materials that do the job better than anything we could cook up.

I'd probably only RP a character being too heavy if the limbs had bulk modification and were absolutely stacked with things.
>>
>>49888386
Not really. A cyberarm is mostly going to actually be lighter than a normal arm, because water, meat, and bone are actually fairly heavy per volume, while synthetic muscle fibers and aluminum struts are probably nowhere near as much so. If it is heavier, it wouldn't be heavier by much, at least. It's not like it's a solid iron statue of an arm, or something.

So the only augmentations where I really take weight into account are Bone Density Augmentation and Bone Lacing. The augmentations where you take what's already a very heavy part of the human body and add extra shit to it. Those are the ones that I expect to add significant amounts to someone's body weight - but even then, they're more heavy in the way of a fat person, rather than heavy in the way of a small car.

I don't see furniture/stairs reinforcement being an issue unless you have the flimsiest cardboard bullshit furniture imaginable, and I imagine that the hollow spaces in cyberlimbs are packed with lightweight sealant foam which keeps them neutrally-buoyant specifically because early models probably let water in and led to drowning deaths.
>>
>>49888688
Yeah, even Muscle Replacement is probably stronger, but actually less dense, than human water-and-protein muscles.

Dermal Plating, though, could add some serious weight.
>>
>>49879161

So, I have a predicament.

One of my players came to the table with a Medic-mage. While I don't have an issue with this, I DO have an issue with the fact that he also has "Turn to Goo" as one of his spells.

When I asked him about it, he explained he only has it for easy extraction of Cyberwear.

I mean, that makes sense, but, Turn to Goo is one of those spells that just begs to ruin things. Should I let him keep the spell, since it would serve the purpose he is asking, or should I ban it because of just how powerful the spell is?
>>
>>49889136
Make it like Shape X or One Less X in that it can only turn specific targets into goo? Only dead people?
>>
>>49889341

Well, if It only turns dead things to goo, that WOULD solve a lot of my worries. Alright, I'll run it past him to see if he's okay with that compromise, or if he'll just get a different spell.
>>
On a scale from 1 to Please Don't, how stupid would you consider a runner crew that had all their equipment and "base of operations" in the container of a semitruck?
>>
>>49889375
It's reasonably mobile and semitrucks aren't too rare of a sight, plus if you get fake licenses/SINs plus whatever mod lets you change its appearance you have a quick excuse for being in a lot of places.

Remember, even if you buy Amenities, you still have to pay the normal Lifestyle cost if you actually live in the semi. Roommates can split the cost unless it's Luxury, iirc.

Overall, I'd rate it a 2 or 3 out of Please Don't. Really the only worry is putting your eggs in one basket and the danger of attracting attention. If you have backups you should be golden.
>>
>>49889375

"Could work"

What setting is this? Are they in the Heart of Seattle? I mean, I suppose a Semi wouldn't be out of Place, but is it stored some place safe? How safe? if its constantly moving, discuss with your GM price of Fuel and/or if it is covered by your lifestyle.

Overall, Mobile Base of Operations is a pretty good idea, but maintaining it/upkeep is not going to be the easiest thing out there.
>>
>>49889375
When do I reach "Please Don't" on that scale?

I can reasonably deduce that 1 is "Good" as compared to the inevitable "Please Don't", but how far does the scale go? Does it go to 4 and then Please Don't? Maybe 9? Or even 99?

Somebody hgelp me
>>
>>49889552

typically the joke with this is to use different sayings instead of numbers.

"Hey, on a scale of 1 to america, how free are you?
"North Korea"
"Grounded?"
"Yup."

or

"Hey, on a scale of 1 to invading Russia in the winter, how bad of an idea is this?"
"Kicking Hitler out of Art School."
>>
>>49889375
It's a fantastic idea, actually.

Especially if you're pink mohawk. Use your base of operations to ram buildings at 7 speed.
>>
Are there still trains and shit in shadowrun?

Like, I know there's still the architecture for train stations and train tunnels, but... are there actually still trains?
>>
>>49889136
Encourage him to take Shape Dead (not Lifeless/Inanimate - Dead) Matter. That'd let him shape dead organic matter like flesh, bone, meat, vegetables, and wood. Just make it clear to him that it won't work on things decayed enough to count as soil, because then they become part of the Earth, which has its own distinct elemental associations and living magical aura.

That'd let him strip 'ware, fuck around with wooden structures, and even do some weird necromancery shit. That way it's still a useful spell but not something OP like Turn to Goo.
>>
>>49889703
Yes.

Also, if you plan on using trains for your next session, also yes. The world needs more action on trains.
>>
My workplace just put in fingerprint scanners on the doors.
Cyber as fuck, but now i worry someone will cut off my hand to get past scanners
>>
>>49889752

I've just had this really weird idea of making a character who is a Train Conductor or some shit.

Like, best I can think of is that he'd be a Smuggler or something, but it would be easy to find him since he is on rails. I'm not sure What to do with him, sadly, but I DO know I want him to probably live in his train.
>>
File: MV-WD-B Train Double-3-1.jpg (206KB, 1975x525px) Image search: [Google]
MV-WD-B Train Double-3-1.jpg
206KB, 1975x525px
>>49889375
That's a great place to have a base of operations. A surveillance system built into the truck end, a base that can be moved every week to a different empty lot or shipyard, and the ability to GTFO without leaving your valuables behind. It has some obvious disadvantages to go with it, but that's just the tradeoff you have to make for something like that.

Me, I never went quite that far. I made a rigger once who had a bunk and a soy processor in the cabin of his truck, with a faraday-caged shipping container holding his car, drones, and any stolen valuables that he hadn't tag-scrubbed yet, but he preferred to stay in motels where possible rather than having a legit housing container.

If I WAS going to have a mobile truck base, though, I'd have it be a double-container trailer rig, with the container closer to the truck being the living quarters, with space partitioned off for a water tank and an electrical capacitor so that you could have real amenities. The rear container would be a faraday cage for storing loot and cars - a garage, basically.
>>
>>49889900

Damnit. You guys got me thinking too much.

How much does a Transport Ship cost to buy/maintain?
>>
>>49889703
>Are there still trains and shit in shadowrun?
Yes. Everything from traditional shipping trains to high-speed commuter rails. They have an express line that runs all the way from Seattle to San Francisco and back again.

That said, trains do have the understandable problem of being targets of insane spirits, Mad Max road warrior biker gangs, and other terrible shit wandering around outside of most cities' limits. And you wouldn't believe the delays that a Megabison wandering onto the tracks causes. Yuck.
>>
>>49889894
Have him have come into a subway car (or several) and maps of now-defunct subway lines under Seattle. Have him have contacts in the Ork Underground which reopened those lines, and uses them and sliding doors to slip on and off of normal transit lines for smuggling, escaping authorities, and other covert transport around the city.

It would be pretty rad.
>>
>>49889900
The best part is that, unlike with most civilian vehicles, nobody's going to bat an eye at a cargo truck and its containers being covered in Obvious armor. Those things have to drive through rural highways; there's all kinds of crazy shit out there in the Sixth World.

The other best part is that you can give it Chameleon Coating to let it all be goddamn invisible while parked.
>>
File: fork3.gif (41KB, 388x444px) Image search: [Google]
fork3.gif
41KB, 388x444px
>>49889936
>>49889900
There are a variety of trucking configurations to keep in mind too, all with different space constraints. It's a serious tradeoff between how much storage/living space you have, and how much maneuverability/parking space you want to sacrifice.
>>
>>49889973

Fuck. I'm doing this now.

Alright, Probably BEING an ork would be the easiest thing to be on the Good Side of the Ork Underground yeah? Or can I get away with being pretty much anything?

I'm not sure about getting ahold of a Subway Car, but, with Enough ranks in Knowledge: Seattle (Or whatever city I'm in) Subway Systems, I can BS saying that I charted the maps I have myself.

So, never made an actual smuggler before. Should I go for more of the face-y kind who has other people do the hard lifting, or the more straight-edge "This is the deal, you have money, I have the goods, and vice versa" kind of guy who is his own muscle?
>>
>>49890094

Actually, I just remembered something. The Campaign is actually gonna be set in New Orleans, not seattle. Well, is it safe to say they'd have a large train network there too?
>>
>>49890094
>Alright, Probably BEING an ork would be the easiest thing to be on the Good Side of the Ork Underground yeah?
Yeah. Being an ork would be best, being a dwarf would be acceptible but only barely, and being human/elf would probably be a no-go. Being a troll would be too expensive.

>I'm not sure about getting ahold of a Subway Car
It's really not hard. It doesn't even need to be a modern one. Cars from the 1950s, for example, can still run on modern NYC transit rails, they're just no longer cost-efficient to do so. You probably went to several dozen junkyards in and around the city before stumbling across one.

>So, never made an actual smuggler before. Should I go for more of the face-y kind who has other people do the hard lifting, or the more straight-edge "This is the deal, you have money, I have the goods, and vice versa" kind of guy who is his own muscle?
Be the muscle. There are vehicle-related stealth checks and a need for good perception when moving hot freight that lends itself extremely strongly to Reaction and Intuition, which means you're already halfway to being a combat character. With how limited the range for maneuvering is, though, I'd say skip getting a Control Rig and just focus on being the type of person who can lean out of your cabin and destroy someone with an auto-shotgun rather than handing over your goods.

Make sure you have either a Contact or a party-member who's a face that can speak on your behalf, though.

>>49890120
>The Campaign is actually gonna be set in New Orleans, not seattle. Well, is it safe to say they'd have a large train network there too?
Less so. New Orleans has serious flooding problems and a very high water table (they're a swamp next to an ocean) so they have EXTREMELY limited underground construction. Most of their trains are above-ground streetcars and standard freight lines, not the sort of subway systems you see in New York or London.

Not many secret lines available for the concept, sadly.
>>
>>49890120
The whole area is swamp, swamp, swamp everywhere around the city.
The train network will probably be smaller and more aboveground, but there'll be proportionately more closed/collapsed tunnels because of the unstable geological environment and all the fucking storm drains.
A character who'd fit perfectly in New Orleans would probably be specced for underwater operations, watercraft or shamanic shit.
An idea of a face/rigger just came into my head - a guy who used to run luxury cruises up and down the Florida Keys until he ran afoul of a mixture of gang business and corporate business while trying to find out why an important customer had canceled a huge order. In the end, he was hung out to dry by the corporation that was trying to put the moves on his business contact - but came away with gang contacts, underworld knowledge and a lot of cash. He's learned to steer his own mini-cruise liner while he still plays the part of the new-money entrepreneur, and few would believe that he rigged up his boat with far too many weapons and sailed it to New Orleans just to work in the shadows to make money enough for revenge.
>>
>>49890232
>>49890241

Hm. Alright, good to know. I'll shelf this guy until the next Seattle campaign, or some other not-flooding city. But, I like him none the less.
>>
File: 18jl158s8hx7tjpg.jpg (77KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
18jl158s8hx7tjpg.jpg
77KB, 800x450px
>>49890241
>watercraft
This especially. Smugglers in New Orleans use air-drops and boats. You go out into the bayou (or the Gulf) to collect a drop, then boat it back to some kind of dock, where you then drive it into the city as part of an otherwise-legitimate shipment.

You're talking air and water shipments from the Caribbean islands, and swamp shipments from bayou-based drug-cooking operations or smugglers from outside of the region.

>>49890282
>Hm. Alright, good to know. I'll shelf this guy until the next Seattle campaign, or some other not-flooding city. But, I like him none the less.
Yeah, definitely save it for somewhere like Seattle, New York, or London. Places that have subway systems both established and extensive enough to have sealed-but-functional lines ready for smugglers to use.

There are even rad locked/sealed subway stations that you could use as a base down there. Here's the (still intact, still with working lights) City Hall Station from NYC, for example, which was sealed in 1945, but still has trains pass through on its tracks. You can't get in there from the surface, and no trains stop there, but its rails still work and it's still perfectly intact.

That's the kind of place that you would want the Ork Underground to have taken over on your behalf.
>>
>>49890410

Hell yeah.

Alright, I don't have many splat books. Which book would I need to download to get more information on the Ork Underground? My info on it is basically Nil
>>
>>49889760
If they were smart, the scanners also require the finger/hand to have a pulse or bioelectricity to function.
>>
>>49890439
http://www.shadowrun.com/2050/2013/06/01/a-runners-guide-to-the-ork-underground/
http://www.amurgsval.org/shadowrun/OrkUnderground.html
http://shadowrun.wikia.com/wiki/Ork_Underground

The references on the Wikia would be your first, best stop for primary sources, but honestly the Ork Underground has never gotten tons of official support, letting GMs flesh it out a lot more.
>>
if I wanted one at CC, how much would a train cost? Like, just ball park. If its out of a Junk Yard, it shouldn't cost too much, and i'd not be looking for a high quality one, just one that is 'good enough'
>>
>>49890692
Check out the Omni Motors Omnibus. It's heavily customizable and specifically made for mass transportation. Might not take much refluffing, if any, to make it a decent train.

Costs 300k, though.
>>
>>49890731

that's a tad out of my price range. I was hoping for closer to, say, 100k for a 'decent' train that I could do little shit in.
>>
>>49890692
I'd use literally any of the Trucks, with the implication that they're track-based cars now rather than road-based trucks. An Ares Roadmaster (52k nuyen) is good as a base if what you're hauling isn't 'freight' quantities of shit, and you can get it up to Armor 27 if you want to make the armor Obvious.

There's also the Conestoga Trailblaser w/Trailer, which would be a truck (train) that has a cargo container trailer. 95k, and with an unimaginably large number of mod points, including allowing only a maximum of 16 armor, though - less than the Roadmaster's baseline.

Aside from that, the GMC Bulldog Stepvan would be a fantastic choice at an extremely affordable 35k nuyen. But, well, it has the hauling capacity of a large van. You understand.

If you're willing, too, consider the option of simply driving one of those vehicles through those abandoned lines instead of having them be actual trains. You can drive an Ares Roadmaster around on subway tunnels as a smuggling vehicle, for example, and then take it up onto the streets to do other runner shit without issue, for example. If you added Secondary Propulsion (Hovercraft), you could even take them out onto the water, for island/swamp smuggling.

Anyway, Conestoga for serious hauling, Roadmaster for armored transportation, and Bulldog Stepvan for affordable smuggling.
>>
>>49890744
A train would probably be something municipal, and the municipal/construction section of Rigger 5.0 has two versions of one thing in that price range. Mostrans KVP-28 and Minsk are both under 100k, but they're not trains, just relatively small groundcraft.

From a quick skim of descriptions and pricetags, it looks like you're going to have to compromise between cheapness and how similar to trains they are.

I'd just recommend refluffing the trucks, like >>49890848 said.
>>
How important are aliases if I can just call some guy Mike instead of some goofy name?
>>
>>49890902
Honestly? Runner names are pointless for anyone other than SINners. Anyone who's SINless should just go by Steve, rather than Killamax or whatever the fuck. It's not like knowing that the runner was named Steve is actually useful if they don't have a legal identity in the first place, and going by some stupid runner name is, if anything, MORE likely to make you easily-traced or followed up on.

The only characters I've made with runner names are people who already had that kind of nickname for some other reason, or were SINners with a reason to hide their identities. And even then, just short, basic callsigns.

Flash, for a SINner who wanted a nickname for his gang-related activities and street racing. Twitch, who used that as her gamer tag in Miracle Shooter and just decided to use it in real life too because fuck it. Stitch, a SINner with dreams of retiring to be a street doc who wanted to convey the brand identity of being a medic while hiding their true identity.

That kind of thing.
>>
>>49890902

An Alias is also your Reputation.

If you wanted to be a dick and call Zorro "Bob" or "Jerry", you can, but, when he carves that Z into the wall, you know exactly who it is.

Also, the point of an Alias is that you typically can't put that name into a database and find a home.

Finally, the name is also supposed to relate to your skillset. "Trollface" is a character from the Core rulebook, I think. He's a Troll who is also a Face. it works.

I had a Decker who went by the name "Short Circuit" because he loved frying equipment more than anything else.

I knew a guy who had an Ork Shaman named Bulldog, who had the Dog Mentor Spirit.

The names are goofy sometimes, sure, and some names need to be reeled in, for being TOO goofy, but, Alias' have lots of purposes. In the end, THAT is who you are in the shadows.

He's not Jared Richardson. In the shadows, He's Snake, CQC specialist who prefers poisoning his opponents, rather than beating them with raw strength.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (6KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
6KB, 480x360px
>>49891016
Or maybe everyone has handles because it's Cyberpunk and Cyberpunk is 80's as fuck
>>
>>49883061

Also you will be thrown into the vipers nest that is parts of a world ending plot.

I mean shit like Shedim, Insect Shamans and areas you dont go freely. This is the worst part about it is you will never have a good nights sleep after what you see
>>
>>49883061
Nicest GREAT dragon, yeah. Regular dragons are a lot less threatening than those, but they're still a pretty big deal.
>>
>>49891027

Something with an Alias is that they can also be given by other people, especially if you are rather green to the business. So you can often have a fun story about how someone got name they are not happy with.

The main ones I've used before:

>Cu
Irish Hound Shapeshifter. Pretends it's based on the irish hero. Her first runner team called her 'Cujo' when they found out she hadn't gotten an alias yet.

>Starr
Texan gun adept with a rather strong accent.

>Caissa
Very, very outspoken Chess nut who is super proud that she can beat basically every known chess computer. Went whole hog with the chess theme as a rigger.
>>
>>49891589

This.

I ended up with a character named Slinky. After a series of interesting (read: Bad) rolls, my High-agility, super flexible Infiltration expert fell unconscious at the top of the stairs, and ended up landing on every single step, one at a time, like a slinky, all the way down.
>>
File: laughing baby.jpg (8KB, 236x261px) Image search: [Google]
laughing baby.jpg
8KB, 236x261px
>>49891710
>mfw
>>
>>49891778

From then on, He addressed himself as 'slink' since he's good at infiltration, but EVERYONE ELSE called him Slinky.
>>
>>49891710

We nicknamed a technomancer Midori because she was the greenest weeb we ever met once.
>>
So I'm thinking about working in a plot of the CAS and UCAS reuniting in my 4e game. But mostly stay focused in Seattle. I got some idea's that a faction, NAN, or Tir might try and take Seattle during something like this. Was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on this plot idea?
>>
How would you guys treat a runner who can never decide on a street name or gimmick?
>>
I want to get into Shadowrun. I am a fluff fag, fluff is most important for me and I really like what I saw for now. Point me to the right direction.
>>
>>49892307
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/s8h1ai7hbdgla/Shadowrun

Even the crunch books generally have fluff in the form of Jackpoint commentary.
>>
>>49892228
Give him a name.

Seriously, talk with the other players before hand, then come up with a name after he does some epic or stupid.
>>
Are there any sources of good-decent pregenerated runs? I want to do the big/plot stuff myself but I also want the market to feel like there's high demand with lots and lots of more basic jobs avalible.
>>
>>49892762
I think the Anon meant in character the runner is always swapping street names, like the band gag from Parks and Recs.
>>
>>49892707
>Even the crunch books generally have fluff in the form of Jackpoint commentary.
Or the fact that the first half of most chapters are fluff rather than crunch, and that every crunchy item also has fluff sections talking about how it fits into the world and ties back into other things.

You don't just get 'here's some stupid assault rifle, it has XYZ stats,' you get five pages talking about weapons, their acquisition, and their role in society, the first paragraph of the weapon's entry talking about its corporate history, development, and advertising, and then three jackpointers shooting the shit about the behind-the-scenes info on the rifle.

There's no such thing as 'fluff books' because they're all 'fluff books.'
>>
What does the MGL-12 look like? It's mentioned in the book as being a semi-automatic bullpup grenade launcher, but I just can't picture it.
>>
File: 635802649450706739-XM25.jpg (20KB, 540x405px) Image search: [Google]
635802649450706739-XM25.jpg
20KB, 540x405px
>>49893108
Pic related.
>>
hey guys
how do i best utilize a shaman in 5e
i feel much weaker than the rest of my group in combat as the mage, fighter, and decker are all rolling vastly more dice and doing better then me
what should i focus on to get better results?
>>
>>49892307
All of Shadowrun has a ton of fluff.
It stretches all the way back to CP2020, which gave Shadowrun a shitload of ideas - every single weapon or piece of cyberware (especially in the dedicated books) has a page devoted to its history, usage and success or lack of it.
In general, 2e and 3e have a lot of the really good fluff, while 4e and 5e suffer because of lack of coordination and proper editing.
2e and 3e are crunch-heavier too, though, and if you just want a quick romp, using 4e or 5e won't kill you - though if you have the patience for a little bit more 80's aesthetic in your rules, 3e is your choice. It's to 2e what GURPS 4e is to 3e - same settings, same lore, more or less the same crunch but just newer and more functional. It is really 90's, though, in every way.
>>
>>49893204
Spirits
>>
>>49893224
just go full summon?
i never really utilized them very well, any suggestions on what kinds or how i should use them? im pretty new to shadowrun 5e
>>
>>49893275
Yeah, spirits have the ability to be good at lots of specific stuff, but they can only do things directly related to what your tradition uses them for. Combat spirits can fight, and that's it. So you summon a combat spirit of <whatever> at the start of the day, and whenever you get in a fight have it materialize to wail on people. They're generally pretty good at shit if you can manage a decent force, 6 or so is good.
>>
that feel when you will never get a decent shadowrun game going on. I'm currently playing with group of friends (we played d&d recently) and they're the most lazy fucks I could ever imagine. I invested heavy money and a lot of time into making the game run
>i bought all the sourcebooks + paizo battle mat
>made custom tokens for them to use
>bought hero lab with all data packages and 4 additional licenses for them to use
>bought realm works to have a good grasp on things and keep it organised

and them? they don't even bother to read through quick start rules as I asked them to. they took a month to finally START making characters. I asked them about it in the middle of ~august, they delivered 1.5 week ago and it was the most stupid characters I could imagine - some of them just put random numbers on it and called it a day. And the mat? it's used as a dick drawing thing

what really put me on a edge on today's session was when I got a question from one of them.
>but who are shadowrunners?

fuck me in the ass
>>
>>49893616
1. You're retarded for spending so much money on this
2. Those people aren't your friends.
>>
>>49893616
I'm getting them through Splintered State now and they even fucked up meeting with Deitrich at Zoo. Instead going there like a fucking decent people they should act as, they started jumping through zoo walls straight into lion's cages, killing 2 of them and then they were surprised that snipers are shooting at them.

fuck im tired
>>
>>49893616
>Buying Paizo books
Nigger you're fucking retarded. Go read /pfg/'s OP and just download them free.

>Battlemats
Roll20, Maptools, Fantasygrounds, even fucking Tabletop Simulator.

>Custom tokens
Google.

>HERO LAB
You're a fucking retard. Mythweavers has free character sheets that work just fine.

>Realm Works
No.

You're a fucking idiot.
>>
>>49893709
He bought Paizo mats, not books. The rest is spot on.
>>
>>49892822
>Are there any sources of good-decent pregenerated runs?
Not really but there are thousands of plothooks to be found and used
http://ingomonk.bullhonkie.com/forums/index.php?PHPSESSID=e69197d0ed0d85def9d0641990a802e4&topic=1375.msg67630#msg67630

I personally want to run 227 on this list at some point.
>>
>>49893742
Anon. Please, read the post.

>i bought all the sourcebooks + paizo battle mat

That was the first line. He bought it all. First off, Paizo is a shit company that makes even fucking CGL look AMAZING. Second off, all the books are literally linked in the OP of /pfg/, entirely free, up to date, AND with a shitload of 3pp content to make the game less awful.
>>
>>49893772
This is /srg/, mate, he bought all the Shadowrun sourcebooks and a Paizo battle mat.

Also, why the fuck does the captcha love "Calle" so much?
>>
>>49893772

yeah, I had those pdfs previously, buying books is just my collecting urge so shouldn't probably even mind it.

that doesn't change the fact id like to get players who can read at least 20 pages about the game we'll be playing

>who are shadowrunners?
>>
>>49893829
>Also, why the fuck does the captcha love "Calle" so much?
Calle is spanish for Street.
>captcha: calle rosales
>>
>>49893143
Huh, neat, complete with external smartgun system.
>>
>>49893829
>Also, why the fuck does the captcha love "Calle" so much?
At least you get the typing ones. I have to click random-ass pictures of food or houses or something else stupid
>>
>>49894557
Settings -> Quotes & Replying -> Legacy CAPTCHA
>>
File: 1402599438948.gif (929KB, 235x157px) Image search: [Google]
1402599438948.gif
929KB, 235x157px
>Let's see how tough Lofwyr thinks he is after a trip to the elemental plane of acid
>>
File: showtime_by_tiger1313-d7rytay.jpg (208KB, 1200x1078px) Image search: [Google]
showtime_by_tiger1313-d7rytay.jpg
208KB, 1200x1078px
Is there any actual reason to use melee weapons as anything other than a back up? At least, when not playing an Adept.
>>
>>49894602
Thanks, chummer. I didn't think you could change
>>
File: 1408908387319.jpg (27KB, 460x459px) Image search: [Google]
1408908387319.jpg
27KB, 460x459px
>>49894639
Dude would be out of his mind with hallucinations
>>
>>49894684
Do you think Loffy used to smoke weed in dragon college or was he straight edge?
>>
>>49894666
Reach related tricks and buffs when being attacked by somebody with lesser Reach are good.

And unless you're a troll, melee weapons are the only cheap way to get Reach. (Compare the cost of getting a reach 2 weapon to getting Kick and the Sharkskin-ed Orthoskin.)
>>
>>49894772
There are also martial arts, but those are a karma investment rather than a nuyen one.
>>
>>49894666
>Is there any actual reason to use melee weapons as anything other than a back up? At least, when not playing an Adept.
They don't run out of ammunition, are even quieter than a suppressed gun, and can do terrifying amounts of damage if you have cyberarms, and doubly so if you're an ork.

An ork or dwarf with cyberarms or Strength augmentations can easily have 11 strength, and deal 14 damage per swing with a katana or cyberspurs, for example, while never running out of ammunition or making a sound louder than a wet thump of meat hitting the floor.

They're viable, but for most characters a gun is still the better choice.
>>
>>49894792
Depending on when you get the skills, karma can be nuyen.

But yeah. Orthoskin with the Sharkskin upgrade is the only way I can think of to purchase some Reach that doesn't involve buying a melee weapon.
>>
>>49894800
Actually, speaking of orks and strength. Is it possible to make a bruiser type character that's human or elven? I want to play one, but don't feel like carrying the baggage and aesthetics of an ork with the character. Is it basically doomed to feel like I could be just a little more, or is there a way to have him still be able to square off with a goblinoid?
>>
>>49895221

In 5e it's going to be a very long shot due to full strength to damage. Look into taser batons and monowhips for stuff that doesn't use strength
>>
>>49894740
Probably smoked weed. What do you think a dragon high off his balls acts like?
>>
>>49895221
ork+metatype reduction, or use monowhips
>>
>>49894800
Cyberarms are the average man's way of competing with the craziness of the sixth world.

Facing down some serious Yakuza goons? Whip out a Ingram Smartgun with that 9 STR 9 AGI Cyberlimb of yours and roll 17 dice.

>>49895221
Absolutely possible, but the exact process changes if you're going blades, clubs, or fists.
>>
>>49895221
A human/elf will always have 2 points less melee damage than an equivalent ork. That's like an Automatics character who can't use assault rifles.
>>
>>49895221
Trolls will always be kings of melee, and orks the crown princes.

That said, nothing stops you from getting into the satisfactory range as a dwarf, elf, or human. Like, an adept elf with some bone lacing is going to hit nice and hard even without Str 6, but if you just wanted to shank fools, you might instead consider getting a tricked out cyber-arm regardless of anything else.
>>
Hey guys, I want an opinion.

First, I KNOW banishing is shit, but, that being said, I've had an idea for an Exorcist. The general idea is to have a Mystic Adept, but doesn't cast spells, just uses the Banishing and Counterspelling, but is otherwise just a Phys Ad.

Could this work? Why wouldn't it? What should I do to make sure it does?
>>
>>49895573
5e?
>>
>>49895388
>Trolls and orks
[Laughing Pixie Monowhip Adepts]
>>
>>49895616

yeah, 5e
>>
>>49895685
I actually haven't tried this as a MysAd. I built an exorcist once, but instead I went Magician with Direct Damage (for Magebolt), Counterspelling (Combat), and Assensing as my magical specializations.

As a MysAd, you have the issue that MysAds are better Magicians with some Adept Powers (at chargen) than Adepts with some spell powers. Its gonna cost a lot to be a MAG 4-5 Adept at chargen, but once you get it you'll be set.

Also, is anyone else getting crash on launch with the new chummer release?
>>
>>49895388
>Trolls will always be kings of melee,
'Till they have to actually get to the fight or chase someone down
>>
I may sound retarded, but what is Counter Strike? Run & Gun gives several martial arts that move, but I can't find it in there.
>>
>>49895859
Yeah, I'm just retarded. The martial arts have a space and the actual skill doesn't in its listing
>>
>>49895620
>Pixie
k y s
>>
>>49895620
>Pixies

Laughing_grenadelauncher.sim
>>
What's the most socially/narrative warping background/quality/race for a character you can think of? Prototype Transhuman is obviously a big one but what else immediately sets off snowflake alarms or otherwise transcends any concept of normalcy?
>>
>>49896007
LEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEROOOOOOOOY

JEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENKIIIIIIIIIIIIINS
>>
>>49896007
>>49896007
I N F E C T E D
>>
File: 1341600384001.jpg (152KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1341600384001.jpg
152KB, 1600x1200px
>>49896007
Pixiedeckers are about the most disgusting snowflake shit you can realistically expect to encounter in the wild.
Make it some sort of infected bullshit for added kanker.
>>
>>49896045
>>49896007
Not as bad as AI

>>49896046
>pixie
>metahuman
medium jej
>>
HEADS UP chummers:
If you move the Character Roster for Chummer5 and boot up the application, it will crash on launch.
>>
>>49896007
Excessive amounts of cyberdicks and the like.
In fact, if there is any mention of the genitals on the character sheet I'd tread carefully.
>>
>>49896093
AIs would actually be cool.

To bad the rules are to much of a clusterfuck.
>>
File: 1438739602314.jpg (68KB, 600x1059px) Image search: [Google]
1438739602314.jpg
68KB, 600x1059px
>>49890559
They are smart. They saved a bucketload of money by getting less complex models and being confident that people in the real world aren't lunatics who would go around hacking apart people for their hands. Instead, the company spends some of the money they saved by having security look out for employees being coerced into accessing areas for illicit purposes.
>>
File: 1445742809770.jpg (89KB, 704x817px) Image search: [Google]
1445742809770.jpg
89KB, 704x817px
>>49890232
>being a dwarf would be acceptible but only barely

Not likely. Dwarves moving into the Underground trying to enforce 30-year-old real estate contracts (evicting familes and doing violence to people who resist) are the biggest flashpoint in the OU at the moment.
>>
File: 1470197198057.gif (441KB, 1100x582px) Image search: [Google]
1470197198057.gif
441KB, 1100x582px
>>49892938
>There's no such thing as 'fluff books' because they're all 'fluff books.'

No, there's fluff in all the books (like a good RPG; nobody ever buys a book that is just a bunch of statistics with no explanation as to what the item is, even GURPS doesn't stoop that low). But there's also stuff like the Sixth World Almanac, which has no rules at all but only stories.
>>
>>49892822
Best hooks
>>
>>49896108
Ehh?
>>
>>49896007
Being Infected or SURGE spring immediately to mind.

Anything that fundamentally and deeply alters your place in the world like that.

Something that inherently demands massive backstory involvement.
>>
>>49896374
There's plenty of dwarves that have lived there since the beginning and never left. As long as you're not some kind of fucking carpetbagger, and have actual community ties, it's all good.
>>
>>49896548
I moved the folder with my chummer character files in them, launched Chummer and it crashed on launch. I checked the crash dump files and it told me thats why. I moved it back and it loaded chummer no problem.
>>
Are shadowrunners ever hired as white hat hackers? Would probably still be dangerous as Johnson wouldn't tell the employees of the hack because he doesn't want them to be at a heightened state of awareness. I also assume that this would require quite a bit of trust by the Johnson.
>>
File: 1467748698975.jpg (318KB, 1024x724px) Image search: [Google]
1467748698975.jpg
318KB, 1024x724px
>>49895221
An adept will give you plenty of dice in punching folks if that's how you want to focus. Otherwise elf razorboy is a classic archetype for a reason.
>>
>>49896613
A lot of Security Spiders are sellouts. Doing a solo job as a white hat would be your test performance.
>>
File: Kushiel.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
Kushiel.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>49895573

The weird thing is I basically made a character like this a couple of weeks ago, with the basic concept being "radical Christian witch hunter". Never posted it before partly because I forgot about it and partly because I'd basically hashed out most of the details of things like spell lists and such in previous generals already.
>>
File: 1461531465135.png (655KB, 833x756px) Image search: [Google]
1461531465135.png
655KB, 833x756px
>>49896613
Yes, it's explicitly mentioned that sometimes runners are hired to test security. Of course, sometimes this is a 'test' where the runners are supposed to die to make the new security chief look good, or to fuck up corp proprty to cover up some embezzlement, or similar.

If you have a solid reputation, especially if you work regularly with a given corp, there's no reason you wouldn't get the odd job as legitimate white hats, just like you might also get work as a real bodyguard or investigator.
>>
Rolled 62 (1d100)

>>49896524
Roll
>>
>>49896737
>A small child has climbed down into an animal enclosure at a zoo and must be rescued. It’s a people zoo run by demented metahumans and the child is a troll being threatened by captive humans. But do the zoo owners just want the runners to add to their collection? Yes. That’s what they want.

Oh shit, dicks out.
>>
>>49896719
Are shadow runners ever told they are being hired as white hat hackers to break into company A by a johnson that actually works for company B who just wants them to break in, steal stuff (with the shadow runners presumably being led to believe they are showing off what they could steal) and also learn about security weaknesses in Company A that Company B could continue to exploit?
Or would such a ruse be considered unnecessary? I assume shadow runners wouldn't be happy to share the weaknesses of a Johnson's rival company, because they want to continue to be hired against that company and also be able to continue to exploit those security flaws as long as they remain unknown to anyone but the runners.

Also would the johnson try to kill off the runners after they return and share their findings or just pay them and send them on their way?
>>
File: 1470968707612.jpg (33KB, 564x771px) Image search: [Google]
1470968707612.jpg
33KB, 564x771px
>>49895221
Be a wiz so you can get manabalde and cut people with your new magic sword.
>>
>>49896007
I'v always wanted to have a character with the Amnesia quality. Wake up and have no idea what my character does.
>>
>>49896836
The ruse would be pretty unnecessary. There may be circumstances where it'd be needed, but those would be astonishingly rare.

And trying to kill the runners is a bit gauche and counterproductive in the long term. It could even lead to making the Johnson a semi-acceptable target to other Johnsons.

So both happening at the same time probably represents some kind of plot point, or hook, or singularity of bad ideas.
>>
>>49890848

Interesting fact about the Conestoga Trailblazer, if you get an articulated mechanical arm, it functions at strength 10.
>>
File: 1465476987708.png (129KB, 502x300px) Image search: [Google]
1465476987708.png
129KB, 502x300px
>>49896836
A Johnson being misleading about the identity he presents is a staple of the genre. And as always, a traitorous employer who wants to kill the runners is a twist that can happen at any time for any number of justifiable reasons.

Unless the runners make a habit of hitting the same place in the same way (which is pretty foolish, because the security is not just going to sit around like Saturday morning cartoon villains and keep getting foiled in the same way) there's no reason they wouldn't take a job to discover and reveal weaknesses in a facility. That sort of knowledge is what the runners would get in legwork on a regular run, getting paid for just that bit is pretty good (plus if they are being subcontracted to investigate these flaws, they're going to be far away from ground zero when whatever big shit Johnson has planned goes down).
>>
>>49894772
>>49894792
Besides Kick Attack, are there any other ways to get Reach through martial arts?
>>
>>49896879
No manablades in chummer, chummer
>>
>>49896925
I assumed anyone or anything could be an acceptable target to a Johnson (assuming it fits his interests of course). Whether or not a runner would be willing to accept such a task is another matter.
>>
So am I missing something, or does the CRB not actually tell you how to buy legal things with an Availability rating? It says that black market goods need a test, and that items with Availability - can automatically be bought. What about normal-market goods with an actual Availability rating? Do you make the usual 1-week Negotiation+Cha opposed test?
>>
>>49897075
I'm pretty sure that's the only M.A. thing that gives Reach. Still, Kick Attack and Sharkskin-ed Orthoskin is +2 Reach, which makes your melee attacks like a Three Round Burst against most people.
>>
>>49897098
Yeah, that's useful. I was just wonderin' is all.

You happen to know if it's possible to nix the Intruction Cost for learning a Martial Art? I'm in an awkward situation in a game I'm in, and not having to have an instructor would fix it.

I could have sworn I saw somewhere that you double the Learning Time if you want to drop it, but the entry on M.A's don't say so.
>>
>>49896932
>a traitorous employer who wants to kill the runners is a twist that can happen at any time for any number of justifiable reasons.

See, I've been thinking about that, and I think that's the reason why Pink Mohawk runners exist: it's a natural countermeasure to Johnsons considering them "expendable". Corps can't send out wet work teams to take them out because that either a) acknowledges that they used to work for them, which would be tricky for PR, or b) acknowledges that they wronged them somehow, and that they got given the runaround by a bunch of semi-insane nut balls with an armoury to rival 3rd world countries. Also, this is assuming that they actually kill the Pink Mohawk crew, if they don't then you just gave them personal motivation to destroy pretty much everything you care about. Death traps are out for the same reason: Pink Mohawks are usually dumb enough and crazy enough to survive, and then they'll want revenge.
>>
>>49897080
That's because it's a spell you mong.
>>
>>49897162
How does being dumb help you survive?
>>
File: Use Your Head.gif (3MB, 360x202px) Image search: [Google]
Use Your Head.gif
3MB, 360x202px
>>49897200
>>
>>49897084
While anyone is (in theory) an acceptable target, there's some unspoken rules to think about.

For runners, geeking the J is one of those things that needs a big, immediate explanation to avoid getting lots of negative exposure. Nobody cares about you killing a Johnson that's revealed to be working with the Bugs. The fact that he was working for the Bugs is way more important than the loss of business and heat generated.

So most Johnsons aren't going to put a hit on another Johnson because they don't want to risk getting share of that heat or risk an escalation, unless they think they can get away with it.

And I mean that in the justification sense, not in the "I don't think this'll get back to me" sense. Because that can't really be guaranteed, while the case can be made to the Johnson's superiors that the guy's backstabbing habit was starting to effect the local quality and thus the ability to get jobs done to the level of a good running team.

And while that won't necessarily keep a little shadow war from happening, it gives others plenty of pretext to hit the side the betraying Johnson was on, and sometimes that's all some people need.
>>
>>49897161
You could probably make due with a tutorsoft instead of a flesh and blood instructor.

Ask your GM if the instruction cost would be folded into or replace the normal tutorsoft costs, and go from there. You'd probably want a sim-capable device, in any case. (A rating 4 tutorsoft is a little more expensive than one skill is, and a rating 6 one slightly less expensive than a new style, for the record.)
>>
>>49897217
I assume killing a johnson that betrayed you is okay.

How is doxxing a johnson viewed? The johnson is still being targeted, in a way, but he isn't getting killed.
>>
>>49897345
>How is doxxing a johnson viewed? The johnson is still being targeted, in a way, but he isn't getting killed.
if you don't get caught it's not a problem. If you do you1've at the very least burned a contact and pissed someone off. Depending on the Johnson that can be an inconvenience or a death sentence. You never know.

Staying anonymous is what they pay you for as well after all. Part of being a professional imo. It's why you use fixers.
>>
>>49891016
The idea behind runner handles and code words ("We're going delta, boys!") is to hide from eavesdroppers who is involved, and what they're doing. Sure, you might not have a SIN, but that doesn't mean you're untraceable. All it takes is someone asking a few questions, doing a few matrix searches, and they can get a good fix on who you are. Just like if I posted my name here. It also helps keep team members safe from each other, if someone gets captured and mind probed or some shit. Can't spill the beans if they don't know.
>>
>>49897345
As long as you hadn't betrayed the Johnson first (and if you did that, why in the names of Ya, Ha, and Syrng are you working for that Johnson again?), I think that being betrayed would be considered good enough for the shadow community to not really care about you shooting the guy or gal.

Doxxing has the issue of degree. What are you releasing, how much does it implicate the greater corp, and so on. If you can't limit it to just 'this guy payed for this crime on his own/embezzled funds to do these dirty deeds,' doxxing might bring down more heat than you'd want.
>>
I heard that working for Aztechnology is not only bad for your survival, but also frowned upon by other shadow runners. What is the coarse of action recommended if you discover a johnson works for Aztechnology (preferably before accepting a job from him of course)?
>>
>>49897408
No.

No, it's not.

Because these fucking runners use the same goddamn 'callsign' every single time.

They use it as their jackpoint names.

They introduce themselves to people in the community that way.

And so on.

Sure, if they changed their callsign for every job, and didn't use them while off the job, it'd make perfect sense to be using those signs. They don't, though. They use them as, for all intents and purposes, and actual name, with a real persona and reputation tied to it. They're a name, in every way that matters, and no more or less secure than being called Rick, just way more cringe-worthy.
>>
>>49897491
>What is the coarse of action recommended if you discover a johnson works for Aztechnology?
abort, abort immediately. and pick up all trace evidence of your dna before you make like a tree and get outta there
>>
>>49897529
Except "Rick" can get facial reconstruction surgery and move to a farm out in Kansas. "Cockmongler 9000" can't.
>>
>>49897529
>and no more or less secure than being called Rick, just way more cringe-worthy.
Except that Rick is a name that your parents gave you and will be in your passport/SIN.

If you start introducing yourself as Thunderpuss to a few people the only way to track that is word of mouth.
>>
>>49897481
Doxxing will probably bring a hell of a lot of heat if you release the information, but it's probably par for the course for Runners to know what the hell they're getting into.
>>
>>49897529
Or maybe they have handles because it's cool
>>
>>49897536
So no doxxing or anything? Just GTFO while letting Aztechnology exploit some unfortunate mark and possibly get what they want?
>>
>>49897584
>giving a damn about 'some unfortunate mark'

Leaving behind the fact you're a cold blooded killer/ corporate sponsored terrorist, you cant save the mark anon. Once some poor sap gets the attention of a mega they're done.

Abort, and if you're feeling merciful put a bullet through the poor bastards skull before you leave.
>>
>>49897556
>and will be in your passport/SIN
See:
>>49891016
>Runner names are pointless for anyone other than SINners. Anyone who's SINless should just go by Steve, rather than Killamax or whatever the fuck.

We're specifically talking about SINless here. People for whom going by 'John' rather than 'Gigawatt' doesn't make one fucking lick of difference.

Sure, for SINners, going by a pseudonym is a good idea - but even then, you should just call yourself something like Adam instead of something distinctive, and change it up every now and then too.

You know, unless you're just trying to be a ponce.
>>
>>49897584
If you are one of those Runners fighting the man, sure get involved and see if you can deal with the blood magic they are gonna throw at you.
If you just want to make some money, I'd stay far away from them.
>>
>>49897622
How many runners actually fight the Man? Are there organized cells of them? Do you have any more information, citizen?
>>
>>49897614
I was focusing more on Aztechnology possibly getting what they want than a rival runner team getting betrayed.
>>
>>49896586
Oh, you moved the watch folder? Fuck, I didn't even think someone would do that. Will be fixed in the next patch.
>>
File: Chummer.png (34KB, 583x378px) Image search: [Google]
Chummer.png
34KB, 583x378px
>>49897719
Hey, Yekka. Why does Chummer give the wrong amount for Advanced Lifestyle? At the bottom it says 550, but when you actually buy the lifestyle it puts it at 800. I did the math, and it's 800, but what's it doing for the 550?
>>
>>49897963
Hrmm. Probably roommate split. So if you have one room mate, it's showing the cost per room-mate. Not sure why it's calculating back to 800¥ once you've picked it.
>>
>>49898036
>Hrmm. Probably roommate split

Does Roommates actually do anything? I only have it there 'cause me and another player are sharing a lifestyle, so I ticked off a roommate
>>
>>49898106
Increases total cost by 10% per roommate. It's been a while since I've looked at advanced lifestyles, they've probably gone wrong again.
>>
>>49898231
>Increases total cost by 10% per roommate.
I know it did that in 5e, but I didn't see any mention of that in the 5e advanced lifestyles section
>>
>>49898293
>I know it did that in 5e
4e
>>
So /srg/, I was hoping to bounce some ideas off folks here. New to this thread.

I was tempted to run a globetrotting arms dealing campaign for a new team. I'd use some karmagen rules, and they can give up nuyen to dedicate to the group at an increased rate, but don't have a say in the specifics of what they get. For example, they can leave off money for supplies, vehicles or product to start with, and I give them some proportional that is owned by the group. A ship or plane, a basic shipment they start with, for example.

They can go to regions to secure materials or try to find buyers, sellers or provoke conflicts in order to supply them. They can choose regions, work off seized shipments and resell, or eventually try to hold territory and set up their own manufacturing facilities, dealing with rival corps, gangs and the concerns of smuggling.

Any advice or concerns I should keep in mind? Should I avoid this idea altogether?
>>
>>49898554
Cool idea, but the workload sounds daunting depending on how detailed you want the economy to be.
>>
>>49898554
I was also thinking of something close to that but I'm worried about accurate bookkeeping. I'm probably going to play that fantasy item shop game for some inspiration. I'm also going to look into something like the assassin's creed esq micro-games that had employee management and see if there would be some way to port that into a ttrpg system.
>>
>>49899667
The beneficial side at least is that if I keep it a small enough operation, they're handling individual deals themselves and are being paid in goods and favours, as much as actual money.

An underground market means fewer potential buyers to have to prep for.

I'd probably need a heads up each session about what they want to do/where they want next time to prepare, though. Probably come up with two or three small ideas and recycle the not used ones for later.

But yeah, just like >>49899733 said, it would be a fair amount of work to make it seem as open and flexible as it should be.
>>
File: 1471228371687.jpg (98KB, 540x459px) Image search: [Google]
1471228371687.jpg
98KB, 540x459px
You got any romance stories for me, /srg/?
>>
>>49899812
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHgZh4GV9G0
>>
>>49899812
Would one-night stand her, maybe fuckbuddy.
>>
>>49891589
>chess theme as a rigger.

are you the same anon that asked for help with that idea couple threads ago?
>>
>>49900636
>Not turning her into a lady with your elegant cock
>>
>>49900741
>not turnung him into a lady with her elegant cock
>>
File: True Love.jpg (170KB, 869x1215px) Image search: [Google]
True Love.jpg
170KB, 869x1215px
>>49899812
>>
>>49900783
Forgot to say were that's from. Wizard's Soul.
>>
>>49897617
Most people who are SINless still have some amount of paper trail. Especially those who have become SINless and didn't burn every record of themselves.

That said, the street names are just one of those things that's dumb but I accept about the setting. At this point, I imagine it's just a cultural thing in the shadows. Using your real name and not having a nickname is unusual in those circles. More importantly, most are actually nicknames. They make a point to mention that not very many are ones that people gave themselves.
>>
>>49899812

I do wish I could institute light criminal-to-criminal romance with my players but it's really hard to keep away from magical realm (or the appearance of magical realm) and make sure the player plays along too.
>>
>>49897617
>Sure, for SINners, going by a pseudonym is a good idea - but even then, you should just call yourself something like Adam instead of something distinctive, and change it up every now and then too.
Problem is, "Adam" doesn't have a rep. "Gigawatt" does.
>>
Shadowrun takes place in the 6th world. Did that number come from some real life Amerindian cultures believed that they lived in the fifth world?
>>
>>49901526
I believe so yes.
>>
>>49901526
Mayan cycles, specifically. That kind of knowledge was more niche and interesting back in the early 90s than it is today in our post-2012 mayapocalype.
>>
>>49879161
>>
File: Still the same.png (414KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Still the same.png
414KB, 1024x768px
>>49902367
That made me think of the old thread I shitposted in, which made me check up on it and see what came up in the tag cloud.
I think I'll be fine and dandy here, thank you. At least CGLrun supporters speak English and can be communicated with, unlike a whole thread full of furiously masturbating Indonesians and circlejerking Ikutadrones.
>>
>>49902537

what site/application did you use to make that word cloud?
>>
>>49901972
I thought the Mayan thought their cycle didn't have any weight to it (kind of like what happened in real life, there wasn't that big of a change when the cycle rebooted in 2012)

I'm pretty sure not like my understanding of the aztec worlds thing, in which the world was literally destroyed and then replaced by another world, repeatedly, at ever growing expense. And it wasn't some cycle that happened every whatever amount of years. It was destroyed because a god got jealous or some other nonscheduled event.
>>
>>49902568
WordClouds. I just googled "tag cloud", so it's not much of an informed choice.
>>
>>49902586

ah ok then. good to know.
I used. https://catalog.neet.tv/harlequin.html
>>
File: 1468697370177.gif (347KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1468697370177.gif
347KB, 500x375px
Is there a sort of Resonance equivalent of e-ghosts? I'm putting together an NPC for a subplot so worst case scenario I can give it RES instead of DEP and complex forms instead of enhanced programs, but it would be nice if something already existed so I don't have to hack it together.
>>
>>49902612
Are there free sprites? A sprite with the memories of someone on the matrix could work like a spirit of man
>>
File: CXnDzNFWAAA70wX.jpg (39KB, 552x805px) Image search: [Google]
CXnDzNFWAAA70wX.jpg
39KB, 552x805px
>>49896030
The description for that quality should have just been "you die, immediately"
>>
is it bad that i play a Street samurai who lives like an average joe? sure she's a runner but she 'decks' her living space out like a normal person.
Comfy chair, nice desk. a lamp or two. tv on the wall.
Bed.
think pic related.

Where does your party live /tg/?
Ours live in an abandoned apartment building, they have been fixing it up as they go.
>>
>>49903158

>Implying Street Samurai are supposed to live like... What? Shaolin Monks? In a Military style room with the barest essentials? Never sleep, just keep murdering people, lest they stop and rust

Seriously, I'm not sure what norm you're breaking here. Street Sams are people too. They want a comfortable place to hang their Rifle, a nice bed to sleep in. I don't see literally ANYTHING weird with trying to make your place comfortable.

You can Thread a needle at 50 yards with a rifle, or cut a car in half with a single swipe of your blade. But you're still a Meta, omae.
>>
>>49903158
>is it bad that i play a Street samurai who lives like an average joe? sure she's a runner but she 'decks' her living space out like a normal person.
>Comfy chair, nice desk. a lamp or two. tv on the wall.
>Bed.
>think pic related.

No there is absolutely nothing wrong with this so long as they take precautions to not be easily tacked down.

Also you can always hide weapons and armor in/under/behind mundane things for if work follows you home anyway.
>>
>>49903158
>"Is it bad that I play my character like a living being with needs, preferences, habits and interests? Her identity isn't completely and utterly defined by her role in combat, and she still wants to pay attention to other things than maxing out Reaction. Is that okay?"
It's not only okay, it's what everyone should be doing. It causes me physical pain when a player hasn't written or thought out the character's home, their hobbies, their likes and dislikes, their personality off the job, their daily rhythm and things like that. If the player hasn't thought out these, they should at least give the character a realistic and detailed enough personality that they can make it up on the fly without it seeming stiff.
The hallmark of a good character is that the GM can imagine how they fit into the world and what they do in their daily lives when they're not killing people and blowing up buildings. If you don't give me enough information, and all I can imagine your character doing in downtime is standing like a Roomba between cleanings, I want to talk to you about your character and so do the other players.
>>
File: 470a64d317daa5d4c1af7d8fec0f7718.jpg (322KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
470a64d317daa5d4c1af7d8fec0f7718.jpg
322KB, 1280x720px
>>49903193
see i follow this, but our groups that guy believed i was too lazy. (we gave him the slip after three games) and literally never stopped to rest. or even refit.

our GM has actually made it a rule that downtime shit is important and affects your uptime performance.

> Who wants to hear about how thatguy got kicked?
>>
>>49903206
>>
>>49903227
>>
>>49903216

Yeah, that was an extremely Thatguy guy there. Downtime is, and was, ALWAYS important. When else are you gonna eat? When are you gonna cultivate your relationships with your contacts? When are you going to get surgery done for new 'ware? Or the downtime where you need to recover from said surgery? Or buy shit on the black market? You can't run all day err day.

>Who wants to hear about how thatguy got kicked?

I'm mildly curious.
>>
>>49903255
good nuff.
right here it goes.
> be me. Samurai lady.
>Friday night gaming as usual. gm introduces us to each other.
> all shakes and smiles and greetings. till he does headcount.
"oh we are missing one. he must be late."
> good 15 mins later.
> he walks in, Lanky skinny fat man with peach fuzz on his face.
> i get a weeaboo vibe from his entire makeup.
"oh yeah this is our last player....

so we got our characters together, he plays an ork SS.

2nd game and the guys on time. ok
> the gm explains to us the rules of downtime .
thatguy doesn't like them.
> says its a waste of his precious time, and the whole party should go out and kill some people.
> says to Me. rather than pc that im lazy and i should do more.
> we dont really agree but the GM had a plan.

end 2nd game on our way to kill some people.

come third game now.

> that guy is early.
> gm is smirking.
> half an hour in, that guy dies in a fire fight to a streak of unlucky rolls.
> he stands up and abuses the whole group for not protecting him.

> we all just. point at the door. and stare.
> he leaves.
> gm unveils pizza.
"fuck that guy."
>>
>>49903329

Wow. Yeah. Fuck that guy.

Anon, If you're concerned with your character's story to the point that you pay attention to what he stocks his home with, furniture wise, then you're a good guy. Need more players like you.
>>
>>49903193
To be fair while the Sam and street sam has more to do with holonet then anything, the shadows takes all kinds, either option would not be unusual for a Sam.
>>
Since when do shadowrunners exist? I want to introduce a veteran runner to my 205X party and I'm not sure how far back i should send my guy
>>
>>49904223

Shadowrunner is just a new name for an old job: Being a Criminal.
>>
>>49904223
1st edition was set in the 2050s, so that totally works. The first actual shadowrun goes back to the early 40's I think...?
>>
File: 1473271334587.jpg (141KB, 573x415px) Image search: [Google]
1473271334587.jpg
141KB, 573x415px
>>49904331
right fuck i forgot that we do this kind of shit as of today i'm retarded

>>49904339
also helpful, thanks anons
>>
File: Biff Hardcheese.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
Biff Hardcheese.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>49895221

Sure it is. Here's a human build that can punch out a trog or two. He's more of a glass jaw than an Orc or Troll would be, but he can bring the pain just fine and he knows how to dodge a punch.
>>
>>49895221
Well look at this breeder too good for the trogs now. That it, you got a problem with orks?
>>
>>49904331
Except shadowrunning is different from just being a criminal.
Shadowrunners are criminals who accept pay from other agencies without any previous connections, which is something that very few criminals do simply because it's insanely risky and you're going to get baited by the police at some point. Corporations also aren't desperate enough nowadays to actually hire criminals instead of iffy bookkeeping companies, so you'd never see anything like a group of criminals being hired for a high-security job that involves another corporation. They don't have that need, and when they do, they can settle it legally.
With corporate extraterritoriality, information balkanization, police privatization, cybernetics being commercially available and the generally sharply dropping standards of public safety, shadowrunners as they're usually defined became viable - they can get enough cyberware, gear or magic on their side to have a good chance against the police or corpsec, they have plenty of jobs to do because of corporate warfare, they don't have to be afraid of the police if they don't run in a patrolled area, they can interact freely with other shadowrunners and they can hope for the whole thing to not be spread to the Interpol and several superpowers' intelligence agencies all at once.
Being a ganger - that is, a criminal - doesn't make you a shadowrunner. All shadowrunners are criminals, but this is a matter of necessity - they have different motivations and methods than normal thugs. The people who like to sell drugs and drink all day still stick with gangs.
>>
>>49904425
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder,_Inc.
>>
>>49904474
A single isolated incident in the past is far from "shadowrunning is the same as being a criminal".
They could do that because they were well-connected and had people to tell them who to trust as well as come fuck up those who tried to cheat or trap them - and, as you seem to have missed, they were part of the Mafia. This means that they were not "for hire" in the same way that shadowrunners are - they were limited to mob bosses as customers, and couldn't be hired by private individuals, corporations or ideological groups. This is why they managed to not get wiped out by a police trap or a panicked betrayal by customers with buyers' regret two murders in.
For something like that to be viable, you need a safe way of obtaining information about your clients, enough credibility and reputation that you don't get targeted by bigger fish, a way to avoid the police and people who need your services.
Murder, Inc. is the reason that groups like that don't exist in any kind of quantifiable number nowadays, because the police and the powers that were realized that hit squads were not a thing they wanted to retain.
If Murder, Inc. is the most shadowrunner-like you can get, it says a lot that even they were pretty far from shadowrunners.
>>
>>49904641
Nah the point is shadowrunners existed, its just we didn't have a WORD for it.

Todays decker was fifth world's hacker for hire, todays face was yesterday's conman.
Today's hitmage was yesterdays shitty deviantart guy.
>>
>>49904641
>>49904425

I respect what you're saying with "What we have now is far from what shadowrunners are" but at the bottom line, they're all criminals.

I mean, the 5e definition of "Shadowrun" is "Any Move, action, or series of such made in carrying out plans which are illegal or Quasilegal." So, that defines many criminals today

So, yes, a shadowrunner of tomorrow is much different than a criminal of today, but, for the sake of playing a 'veteran' character, The bottom line is that they're criminals, and there is no real way to be considered 'too early to be a shadow runner"
>>
>>49897719

Hey Yekka, just postan to say thanks man. We got an inside joke in our group where if something's not immediately fixed or if a new sourcebook's been out for more than three hours before rules are updated we start yelling "FUCKING YEKKA!" but for real though chummer's amazing and free and you're awesome. I'd let you play a sum to 14 if you ever rolled dice with us.
>>
Anyone ever made a Spear Adept? How'd it turn out?
>>
>>49897168
Nope
>>
>>49902606
It's sad that CGL copypasted 4e in Chrome Flesh instead of putting in cool shit like that arm
>>
>>49905785
I'd post an image to show you were it is, but that'd just be spoonfeeding you.

Just imagine you see an image saying "You're a nigger, Harry." attached to this post.
>>
>>49905894
>/tg/ people unironically using /a/'s awful spoonfeeding memes

The most depressing thing i saw all day.
>>
>>49906025
In most situations I'd agree with you, but in this case I have to admit that he did give almost all necessary information to find it, he only left out one detail

>>49905785
it's in Hard Targets. If you haven't activated the book in the Chummer5 options you won't see it
>>
>>49906116
>Not activating all the books
Why
>>
>>49906135
Because not all GMs allow all the books
>>
>>49906175
u wot m8
There's no reason to disallow any of the books, and you can't even say they can't get them, because the OP has them all.

Like, disallowing certain, select content? Sure, fine, I disagree that it's necessary most of the time, but that's alright. But entire books? What?
>>
>>49906135
Because there's then so much goddamn piddly extra shit that you probably don't need or even want.

I just turn on all the main books (the magic book, the rigger book, the 'ware book, et.al.) and any minor books that specifically have something I want (i.e. Hard Targets for my pistolfu, the Colt Manhunter).
>>
>>49906208
Because it adds complexity to the game. GM can't be expected to read 250 fuckin pages so you can add more different degrees of special to your game.

Thats one of the problems with pathfinder.
>>
>>49906362
Son.

You're playing a tabletop RPG.

If "Inability to read" is one of your problems, or a problem for anyone in your group, this is not the hobby for you.

Like, just no, if you seriously cannot bother to read things, then you don't deserve to play in games.

Furthermore, if you're incapable of allowing books, letting people look through and grab things, and ask what they do when relevant or show them to the GM to check, then you may want to get evaluated for mental disability.
>>
>>49906490
Anon, this is the age of rules-light games.

You are objectively wrong.
>>
>>49906521
>Age of rules-light games
Just because people meme about them and a few stupid producers are attempting it doesn't mean it's an age, and doesn't mean they're good.

Remember how FATE existed?

No?

Yeah. Fucking exactly. Because it failed, because "rules-light" is the same as "Eh, do whatever, you're just jacking off with a few other people"
>>
>>49894740
I always pictured Loffy as that one nerdy kid who got bullied and shot down by Hestaby (the lead cheerleader) in front of the whole school. So he did the dragon equivalent of shooting up their school by becoming the biggest jew around.
>>
>>49906362
The vast majority of books are basically gear lists, it's not hard to say "hey GM I'm using X in book Y on page Z" the GM only really needs to read extra if he wants to use advanced combat/medical/chase rules
>>
File: JohnOliver.png (113KB, 763x652px) Image search: [Google]
JohnOliver.png
113KB, 763x652px
>>49906521
It's CURRENT YEAR
>>
>>49906964
Nah, if you get into the DEEPEST LORE in Earthdawn he was Alamaise's unnamed brother to the north. The two of them kept competing over shit.
>>
>>49904425
No, freelance criminals, who work jobs without affiliation for any big parties that pay them, are very much a thing that has always existed. They're also called 'mercenaries,' if their area of operation tends to be outside of the developed world.

Criminals who make their money off of being equally available for protection jobs, assassinations, heists, smuggling, and a variety of other criminal ventures depending on who's willing to hire them are very much a goddamn thing.

In real life, they tend to be things like special forces operators who retired and went black market, burned intelligence assets who started accepting pay for criminal jobs, law enforcement personnel who get drummed out of uniform for some kind of disgraceful conduct, and veteran criminals who managed to avoid getting permanently tied to some kind of criminal organization.

Heist crews, corporate spies, mercenary teams, hit squads, and so forth.
>>
>>49906175
>>49906135
In my games I don't allow the German books or Gun Heaven 3.

That's why.
>>
>>49908064
The two are not mutually exclusive.
>>
>>49908299
That doesn't explain why you disallow them, tho
>>
>>49908372
German books have contradictory versions of English items and I don't understand German well enough to look up the original sources.

And Gun Heaven 3 is poorly-balanced, poorly-written, unnecessary trash that adds nothing of value to the game.
>>
>>49908402
"Contradictory"
You mean errataed.
>>
>>49908459
It mean it's content which neither I nor my players can actually read and which contradicts the stuff that we can.
>>
File: 1398028785127.jpg (69KB, 625x576px) Image search: [Google]
1398028785127.jpg
69KB, 625x576px
>>49908479

But you denied yourself and your players a spell that give you WEEB SWORDS!
>>
>>49909038
>But you denied yourself and your players a spell that give you WEEB SWORDS!
Chummer, Manablade is in Hard Targets. Since >>49908402 only forbids Gun Heaven 3 and the german books he COULD get manablade

A spell that, if talked about on /srg/, will have you immediately decried as a min-maxy faggot, who probably also plays a pixie. Maybe even with HMHVV.

So yes he can take it.
But he shouldn't
And he isn't the one whose post started this dumb conversation about "why my way of using splats is totally better than your, and if you do it otherwise you are bad GM, bad person and probably a faggot too"
>>
>>49909255
>also plays a pixie. Maybe even with HMHVV.

A pixie with HMHVV is just a dead pixie. If it can't mutate you then it just kills you off.
>>
>>49909255
>A spell that, if talked about on /srg/, will have you immediately decried as a min-maxy faggot
Why? Not him, but magic swords sound cool as fuck.
>>
>>49909287
Chummer, I'm sure that a dedicated Min-Maxer WILL find a way to give a pixie the benefits of HMHVV, maybe even without the negatives
>Well you see, there's this augmentation from book X and this spell from book Y and this Quality from book Z and .. [...] and together they give me all the benefits from HMHVV

>>49909303
I don't pay much attention to the discussions about them, but IIRC they are Extremely overpowered
>>
>>49909332
So... you're literally talking shit about something you don't know about? Haha alright.
>>
>>49909255
Wait, what's wrong with Manablade?
>>
>>49909350
I don't know in what way they are overpowered, but I remember them being called that
>>
>>49909364

Not that guy and I don't have the book on me but as far as I can remember, since Manablades are Force Damage it means they can easily exceed the damage of every normal weapon in the game and I'm pretty sure they also get -Force AP too.

So a mage with Manablades and decent drain resist is already leagues better than the chronically underpowered Melee Adept or a melee focused Street Sam, and can almost match wits with a melee focus min maxed super Troll Bruiser. And that's before we even get into all the buffing a Mage can get on top of just Manablades.

Someone will correct me on what Manablades actually does though, I'm sure.
>>
>>49906116
Not that other guy but the list of Adept Spells doesn't have the blade spells in Chummer. Not sure if that's because adept spell doesn't allow them, though.
>>
>>49909463
Uh, no. They worklike Manabolt/Death Touch, basically.
>>
>>49909526
Do you have Hard Targets activated?
>>
File: Subway_station_movie_3.jpg (101KB, 956x537px) Image search: [Google]
Subway_station_movie_3.jpg
101KB, 956x537px
>>49903158
>Where does your party live /tg/?
Not the party, but my character lives with another PC in pic related
>>
Does anyone have the storytime about the pink-mohawk technomancer who went into space, convinced an AI to help them, and false-flagged a UCAS city to destroy Zurich Orbital, so the Nuyen would collapse?
>>
File: 1455640818899.png (1018KB, 782x6497px) Image search: [Google]
1455640818899.png
1018KB, 782x6497px
>>49909729
Here ya go chummer
>>
What separates a streetsam from a chromed weapons specialist?
>>
>>49909974
Code of honor.
>>
>>49909604
Yes. It is in the regular list, just not in the adept spell list
>>
File: Real Street Samurai.jpg (568KB, 1174x1400px) Image search: [Google]
Real Street Samurai.jpg
568KB, 1174x1400px
>>49909974
A code of conduct. A street samurai isn't called that for no reason- they are warriors who adhere strictly to Bushido (or some similar rigid moral structure) to guide their actions, traditionally because they have so much chrome they're own grasp on morality and humanity is shaky at best.

Without that, you're just a thug with some metal.
>>
>>49910056
>>49910025
Most Sams ARE thugs with metal.

The terms not strictly ACCURATE.
>>
>>49910168
I'd argue that it's more like people misuse the term to refer to anyone with cyberware and a combat focus.
>>
>>49910201
I'm just saying there is a reason "thug with metal" isn't a class option in the rule book.

A sam can be as black hat as everyone else.
>>
>>49910168
>>49910223
The correct term for a goon with a lot of chrome is "razorboy" or "razorgirl".
There's a lot of slang in Shadowrun that goes back to CP2020, so most people have forgotten it exists.
The difference was still highlighted back in 3e (and the difference can be enormous), but CGL started referring to chromed combat types exclusively as "street samurai".
>>
>>49910262
>razorboy
>razorgirl
>back to CP2020
Yes, CP2020 inspired Gibson, I'm sure.
>>
>>49910262
The current term for samurai is that your a MERCENARY, honor is implied.
The difference between a sam and a razor is more the difference between Eiger and Glory then the color of the hat.
>>
New thread
>>49910643
Thread posts: 340
Thread images: 56

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.