[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/srg/ - Shadowrun General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 315
Thread images: 43

File: 1466046782280.jpg (148KB, 774x1032px) Image search: [Google]
1466046782280.jpg
148KB, 774x1032px
...Identity Spoofed
...Encryption Keys Generated
...Connected to Onion Routers
>>>Login: *********
>>>Enter Passcode: *********
...Biometric Scan Confirmed
Connected to VaticanNet...

>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
>Last Viewed Files: >>49818981
>Dangers and Treachery: Templars and Zealots.trid
>Neo-Pagan Covens (Britain).knwsft
>e-Mass.sim
>Finding god without being found by GOD.sklsft

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: 616 (77% Positive)
* You have 1 new private message, titled 'Forgive me Father, for I have sinned'
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked https://github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage: http://pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running "Penance".BTL...

>Shoot straight
>Conserve ammo
>And never, ever cut a deal with a dragon

Faith Edition
How do you deal with Religion in your games? Is your character religious? Does he visit his local church or equivalent? Does he repent?
>>
>>49846531

Nice Op Pic man.

>>49844677
>(am playing 4e if that is relevant)
>Thank you for your words of widsom.
>I am playing a character who was a career criminal of the sort who had to deal with disposing of the bodies of those he or his fellow gang members killed.
>So I'm trying to think of how he would have done this in his days before becoming a shadow runner. (he is not a hacker nor a technomancer)
>Given the setting of shadowrun, The old criminal standby's of quicklyme, shallow graves, burning someone in a metal barrel with diesel fuel in it, or dissolving corpses in acid, and cement shoes, seemed a bit dated and insufficient on their own. So that is why I am picking your brains for thoughts and ideas.
>So even if he is not a hacker or a technomancer, he would know that comlinks optimized and equipped for jamming would be a thing to have (then the money is available to own such a thing) alongside disposable comlinks used till they need to be ditched to avoid being traced to much. Yes?

>>49845901
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alkaline_hydrolysis_(death_custom)
>Think there might be some way to do this without a genuine chemical cremator?

I don't know. but if you live in a big city where chemical creamation is common they you may be able to commission an unregistered system or build a chemical crematorium and use it to dispose of bodies surreptitiously amongst all the legit business.
>>
>>49846531
Not for my current character, but for a planned one
>Is your character religious?
Do cults of personality count?
>Does he visit his local church or equivalent?
Nah, he's undercover
>Does he repent?
Self-criticism sessions are mandatory.
>>
That moment when the person that has this art drawn for him is your player and you are the DM.

>Father Gregory
>Stats that seem him as a literal God damn space marine.
>Constantly talks in a Texas accent and baby sits the mage.
>>
>>49847387
Nice art. It really makes you think.
>>
>>49844541
You could consider selling them to underground voodoo practitioners for zombie production, could be fodder for a contact
>>
>>49848105

The problem there is if the zombie's are discovered then they could be identified and you might get caught by authorities trying to determine the zombie maker's suppliers.
>>
>>49848105

Do you mean as a way to raise funds to buy a good jamming setup?
>>
File: vw-bus-limo-3.jpg (48KB, 550x303px) Image search: [Google]
vw-bus-limo-3.jpg
48KB, 550x303px
>>
>>49846531
>join East Orthodox
>become best buds with local vory
>never short on samogonka
>free Makarov for loyal members
>>
>>49846531
My Christian Theurge was my favorite character ever.
He stole his mentor's Ally Spirit Formula, performed the ritual himself out of spite.
Now has a super-powered Angel watching over him.
Together, they commit crime.

He also broke into Churches at night to turbo-charge his spells with background count.
>>
File: 1d7[1].jpg (402KB, 1424x842px) Image search: [Google]
1d7[1].jpg
402KB, 1424x842px
>>49848298
>>
Is commanding a large number of drones more viable in 5e then 4e?

I want to play a riger that uses a fair amount of cheaper drones rather then one supper drone, and while I dont mind not being 100% optimized, I know that that was almost imposible to do effectivly in 4e.
>>
How many times can I take the allergies negative trait?
>>
>>49849721
As many times as you have the points for, if you really want to and if your GM lets you.
>>
I really want to get into Shadowrun. I am a flufffag, fluff is all for me. Point me to a right direction,
>>
>>49849846
>Wants to play Shadowrun
>Wants good fluff
These are mutually exclusive.
>>
Is 10 dice a good baseline minimum for competency?
>>
>>49849846
Look at the old stuff, but don't look too deeply. It's quite hit and miss.

If you want a good look at the background of the world, the Sixth World Almanac is a good place to start, and the 4e Anniversary Book has a great bit on the history of the Sixth World.

Ignore everything from the latter half of 4e onwards, and little bits here and there like Crash 2.0, the Return of Hayley's Comet, and so forth.
>>
>>49850089
Usually we say 12 dice in your main, due to the fact that 3 dice average on 1 hit, so you usually get 4 hits
10 dice is more your secondary stuff, where you can spec into a second archetype or strengthen your main archetype
>>
Just want to ask
Are Mage Sight Goggles worth it?
Cause as far as I understand they are goggles with 10, 20 or 30 m or controllable fibreoptic cable attached to them
I understand why you'd use them, to cast spells through cracks, or when there isn't a way to look directly, but there is a small path to that place
but is it worth the 2000 nY? Because I think that most mages would use a periscope (50 nY) to cast around corners/obstacles/from cover and use a Periscope (250 nY) to cast through key/bullet holes or small pipes less than 1m long

have you ever needed it in your games?
>>
>>49850663
whoops, second one should be
>an Endoscope (250 nY)
>>
>>49850194
>12 dice main
I usually expect a few more on top of that, so that you can still buy 3 hits after taking a penalty of some sort.
>>
>>49850663
>Are Mage Sight Goggles worth it?
Not for runners.

Security wagemages? 100% - set up in a private room with fibre-optic cables and a set of mage-sight goggles. Now you can cast anywhere the cables go to, without leaving your safe room.
>>
>>49850680
>buy 3 hits
you what mate?
Your GM lets you buy hits in your specialty? What kind of role do you have?
>>
File: Elena sick of it.jpg (54KB, 280x380px)
Elena sick of it.jpg
54KB, 280x380px
>>49850678
>Endoscope (250 nY)
Oh boy, this brings back memories - being forced to deepthroat 3ft of rubber hose sure is traumatizing when you're 12.
>>
>>49850725
>that pic
Excellent taste chummer
>>
> This is how I street sam

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lANTWY4iaE
>>
How high should BOD be?
>>
>>49851044
3m
>>
>>49851044

Depends. Do you want a rockin' BOD or a pitiful BOD?
>>
>>49851132
I wanna know what kind of BOD I should be rocking. Let's take two different archetypes for a rough example, a face and a street sam. Is 3 BOD enough for both, can the face do with being squishier than that, does the sam need to bulk up, that's the sort of info I'm looking for.
>>
>>49846899

>Disposing of corpses
>Building a Chemical Crematorium

Sure, building a Crematorium (or cultivating a contact who works at one) makes sense, but if you want to go for sheer simplicity some of the older ideas can work.

Pig Farms are always a good one, or the old Wood Chipper on a Fishing Boat trick's usually good. I imagine that stuff like Troll corpses, Cyberware, and Bioware would cause trouble with those though.
Thermite is always a lot of fun, and would chew through Cyberware and the like with sufficient quantities.

Shit, if you wanna go really low tech, and make a little bit of extra money on the side, get friendly with some Ghouls. Toss them a (mostly) fresh corpse every now and again, no more bodies, maybe some used Cyberware to sell off.
>>
>>49851278
>building crematorium
>not utilizing what government built for you with taxpayer's money
Daytime Job isn't just about that measly extra income.
>>
>>49851153

3 is the generally accepted "average" for attributes. Since a Face wouldn't necessarily need THICC BOD they could get away with 3/2 BOD (never 1 though, that's for people with advanced osteoporosis only). Street Sam BOD (assuming you are being a bullet sponge street sam) is in the max or near max range, although after augments it seems like most people settle at or near 8 BOD (which is a pretty bangin' BOD if you ask me).

That being said, Armor and WILL are arguably more important than BOD to Street Sams.
>>
>>49851391
Alright. What if I'm a gunbunny street sam?
>>
>>49851405

I'm no expert and SR chargen is always more important than just attributes but assuming Gun Bunny street sam translates to "Good at shooting all the things with all the guns" I'd say probably around the 4-6 BOD range, depending on your race. But like I said it's more complicated than that.

So generally Max your AGI and keep your Edge, WILL, and REA high (in that order), then put whatever's left into making all your other attributes at-least-not-1 and whatever's left in BOD and you'll probably be alright. Just remember Augs make all the difference.
>>
>>49851529

>important
I meant complex.

Also I might be talking out my ass.
>>
One of my players decided to dumb a naked body to woods outside Seattle. He argued that all sorts of creatures like squirrels would eat the body.

The idea of squirrels eating the body humoured me so I let it slide. He has done it half a dozen times now.
>>
>>49848105
I don't think you can make zombies in shadowrun.
As in, period.
Cyverzombies maybe, but they are more Evesor then zombie.

And the rest is either a virus or, thats it.
>>
>>49850175
You cant really ignore Crash 2.0 unless your a 3e guy.
>>49849857
Right your here for the wonderful matrix rules.
>>
>>49849138
Bump
>>
>>49851743
He's probably talking about the voodoo kind of zombies, of which there are two different types. You have both animated corpse zombies (corpses possessed by ghedes) and people drugged out of their minds into death-like slavery. The former is in Street Grimoire, and the latter in Hard Targets.
>>
File: 1466775062339.jpg (203KB, 1600x1428px) Image search: [Google]
1466775062339.jpg
203KB, 1600x1428px
>>49849138
Yes. In fact, drone swarm is by far the better way to be a rigger than one pimpedrone, because drones are pretty fragile unless you pull pseudolegit shenanigans with humanoid drones wearing armour.
>>
File: 1462207372059.png (373KB, 500x619px) Image search: [Google]
1462207372059.png
373KB, 500x619px
>>49851029
That was a really dumb movie.
>>
>>49852439
>pseudo
The rules straight up allow it as of Rigger 5, actually. It's just that worn armor overrides the drone's base armor. You get one or the other - not both.
>>
>>49852466

It was a movie starring Treat Williams, man.

What do you expect from an actor who peaks with a film like Deep Rising?
>>
>>49852356
I was, It's illegal but there is a black market in corpses vodoun magicians can use as vessels for summoning as they're a possession tradition.
>>
>>49851547
Seems to me in 5ed at least armour is more important than body, and with weapons having much higher damage and bounded accuracy dodging is more useful than both.
>>
File: 1398043872460.jpg (34KB, 500x364px)
1398043872460.jpg
34KB, 500x364px
>>49853568

Probably but the person who asked the question was asking for a gun bunny street sam, and while gun bunny doesn't necessarily equate to Robocop, Street Sam generally implies taking hits and shit rather than just dodging.

But yes, that is why up here >>49851529
I suggested that they prioritize AGI Edge WILL and REA before BOD. Being able to shoot straight, make important shots count, take a beating and move quick are more important than having a dank BOD.
>>
>>49846899
Just throw the body to the ghouls. They'll dispose of it for you, no question asked. (Okay, they could potentially attempt to add you to the platter, but hey...)
>>
Question to spirits and possession.

I want to play as an mage of a possesion tradition
(the hermetic one, but with golems. Don't know the english name, translates badly.)
So my idea was, that my mage prepares body-dolls for the spirits to posess, either by forging & carving or the shape spell. But then i had an idea, if i create a body like a bird, would the spirit/golem in question be able to fly with it ?

tl;dr Are magic combat drones possible ?
>>
>>49855434
While possible, keep in mind that the spirit can't really use the high tech stuff in the drone, the power needs to succeed on a Force*2 vs Object Resistance test (if you didn't prepare the vessel, this is probably not going to be a test it will pass for most drones unless the GM is very lenient and makes it just a 15 die pool), and so on.

Now, just a bird vessel won't be able to fly, unless you made a vessel that can actually fly.

Also, for the guy in last thread, another way of getting to possess people is to get a spirit with Endowment and Possession to grant you the power for a bit.

Still probably want to make a contract, and it's more dangerous in some ways.
>>
>>49855487
>>49855434

Well i didn't mean drone-drones. What i meant was, taking a properly shaped wooden body, preferably hollow, taking a spirit and letting it posses the wooden body.

Letting a spirit including vessle act in the place of a drone.

(wooden since drones get an assload of object resistance.)

Well but it could work (depending on the GM) if i create the body with coronation mechanic ?

And is there any real difference between creating a body via shape[wood]or by carving it ?
>>
spirits
>>
File: 1393300937818.jpg (31KB, 599x474px) Image search: [Google]
1393300937818.jpg
31KB, 599x474px
>>49846531
What intuition traditions are there in 5e right now?

I might want to do something atypical and that picture in the OP just shouts "Do a magic Troll!".

Please share magical Troll stories.
>>
Soooo anyone play anarchy? What's the verdict?
>>
>>49855531
For something as low OR as wood, not really. You might need other skills to be able to actually make a bird statuette that can actually mechanically fly (and so that spirit can make it fly), but excepting non-standard spirits who might demand a hand-carved body to inhabit or other strange circumstances, no real difference.

Unless you wanted to eventually stack stuff so that you have (for instance) a weapon focus that has some imbued traits and also has a spirit resting in it for other bonuses and/or damage resistance.
>>
>>49855543
>>
File: Summoner fire skeleton.jpg (111KB, 552x403px) Image search: [Google]
Summoner fire skeleton.jpg
111KB, 552x403px
>>49855641
>>
>>49855611

Okay that's good to know.

Time for the thaum-drone uprising :D
>>
>>49851391

To be fair, saying a Face can get away with 3 Body does depend on what race they're playing as, I'm currently playing a troll face with 8 Body, and he's survived things that would put other faces 6 feet under.
>>
>>49855670
Just remember your binding limits and that unbound guys eventually go away.
>>
>>49855684

Thanks, sure.

But i image that a force 6 spirit bound in an wooden bird can actually stay in the air for quite a long time, image a hawk sized body with the strength of an Olympian weight lifter.... do spirits get tired ?
>>
>>49855710
In the right circumstances, yes. As a general fatigue through flying thing?

If it's an unbound spirit, you're more likely to run up against the sunset or sunrise time limit than fatigue.

For a bound spirit, it's more about how long you're really going to have it on that one task.
>>
>>49855582
Going off Chummer5:
Buddhism, Chaos Magic, Druid, Egyptian, Psionic, Santeria, Sioux, Goddess Wicca and Whatever Custom INT tradition you make

>>49855591
The Verdict is READ THE ARCHIVES YOU FAGGOT
>>
>>49855795
Thank you.

>Troll Int based posession tradition using MysAd.

Fondue.
>>
Is there something as a mana junkie in the shadowrun universe? Like, same fashion as chipheads and drug addicts, but with magic

If not, could such a thing be possible? How would it affect their essence and the rest of them?
>>
>>49856050
>mana junkie
Focus Addiction can fuck you up BAAAAAAD.
>>
>>49856050
In addition to what >>49856071 said, you can also make the case for becoming psychologically dependent on the right kind/amount of background counts.
>>
>>49855434
>(the hermetic one, but with golems. Don't know the english name, translates badly.)
Qabalah. Jewish magic.

>The spirit can use any of its powers through the vessel itself, but it can only move the vessel in ways the vessel can normally perform. For example, a spirit possessing a gun can fire the gun but cannot move the gun or access any smartgun functions.

If you give it sufficiently-sized wings and a propeller or whatever, you should be good to go. It should be able to access any of the physical - but not digital - functions of whatever you shoved it into.
>>
>>49856050
You have Focus Addiction, though I personally feel like the addiction chance should be shifted over to Reagents instead, because Focus Addiction just doesn't make any fucking sense from a game mechanics perspective.

And you have Toxic traditions, which force you onto a descending spiral where you destroy yourself and often those around you, not unlike a magically amped drug addiction gone completely out of control.
>>
>>49856050
As said earlier, Focus Addiction is a real thing. It's a psychological addiction rather than a physical one, but it can still mess you up.
There are also several drugs that affect Awakened users in a special way (or doesn't work on mundanes at all), like Deep Weed, a kind of Awakened kelp that forces awakened users to astrally perceive (even if they can't normally do it, like Adepts).

I don't know if there's fluff about it, but I'm pretty sure one could easily get addicted to spells that manipulate feelings and sensations, like Orgasm/Euphoria.
>>
>>49856304
>I don't know if there's fluff about it, but I'm pretty sure one could easily get addicted to spells that manipulate feelings and sensations, like Orgasm/Euphoria.
There's fluff for getting addicted to the spell that nourishes you without mundane food, but I can't remember the edition. Eventually you stop being able to be nourished by anything else.
>>
>>49856323
And I can imagine all the many, many ways that relying on the Alleviate Addiction spell could go wrong.
>>
I could also easily imagine someone who spends so much time in astral space that it becomes dangerous, neglecting his or her meat body because it just feels so much better to fly around as a magic ghost.
>>
When was the last time your character (or one of your players' characters) actually expressed an interest in or practiced the hobby skill that's collecting dust on the character sheet? I love the idea of hobby skills (and while they're no longer mandatory to take, I still strongly encourage it), but players have a tendency to forget they're there.
>>
>>49856500
Do they have enough free time?
>>
>>49856519
Yes, lots of time between missions waiting for a new job to turn up, waiting for a team member to heal or in the back seat of a car driving between cities.
>>
>>49856224
.... i hade the holy vision of a wooden bird golem, dropping grenades over enemys. The Perfect crime.

Sure you have the spirits astral signature, but it is only flying a curve over the bombing and its nearly impossible to determine the exact time (safe for cameras of course).
A good lawyer connection would be helpful to...
>>
>>49856549
>A good lawyer connection would be helpful to...
chummer, devil summoning is a no-no
>>
>>49856536
Set up some events, then. Superbowl, Comicon, happy hours at Joe's bar etc.
>>
>>49856549
The thing about the "perfect crime" in Shadowrun is that it's all a matter of scale.
There is always someone who has a way to know or to get people to talk, no matter what you do. There is always someone who can find out how you did it, who you are and how to best deal with you - and it's all a matter of avoiding drawing negative attention to yourself.
If you use your method to take out small targets like ganger hideouts, you might never be busted if you stop it at a few times - but the more you do it and the bigger targets you take out, the more people will become aware of your methods, and the more they'll become interested in stopping you or using you to their benefit.
If the yakuza's subordinate gang gets bombed twice by that bird golem, the Yaks themselves might very well not care - but if you wreck them four times, they'll see that you're a threat to be reckoned with and will send out a mage, a decker and some physical backup to investigate. If you keep your hands off them, they might even approach you with an offer - but if you do like some players and bomb the investigation team, you'll prove yourself an even bigger threat and have the yakuza's best called in to find out who you are and make you pay.
If the Yaks are completely stumped, that makes you a potential asset or threat to the corps, and if the corps themselves can't find out who you are or how to deal with you, you're playing on dragon level.
At that level, there are no right answers. Dealing with dragons and fighting them are both almost guaranteed to get you killed - it's just a matter of how fast.
>>
>>49856644
Not what I asked. Has the player actually tried acting on this interest, or made it part of the way he or she roleplay. Not "how can the GM force the player to use that aspect of the game".
>>
>>49856579
But criminal defenders need to earn their nuyen too. think of those poor starving lawyer babys.
>>
>>49856657
Maybe they just don't want to waste your time? Let them know that you welcome their hobby activities.
>>
>>49856655
I invoke Greater Plotanium and look for a way to die while fucking a dragon over.
>>
>>49856737
I didn't ask that, either.
You're bad at understanding simple questions.
>>
>>49856500
>When was the last time your character (or one of your players' characters) actually expressed an interest in or practiced the hobby skill that's collecting dust on the character sheet?
Constantly.

>I love the idea of hobby skills (and while they're no longer mandatory to take, I still strongly encourage it), but players have a tendency to forget they're there.
I've never had that issue.

My characters when I play, and my players' characters when I run, always have not-running-related hobbies, goals, and people who tie them into the world at large.
>>
for anyone following the current election cycle, and the focus on cyber security and hacks, possibly coded messages in emails, etc, does anyone feel like we're entering the cyberpunk future?
>>
>>49857287
>>49853861
>>
>>49857287
No, because cyberpunk futures are purposefully over the top and unrealistic.

Also the basic economics of a cyberpunk world don't really work.
>>
>>49857287
>does anyone feel like we're entering the cyberpunk future?
We're in the boring kind of cyberpunk future, yes - we have all of the high-tech digital dystopia with a disenfranchised lower class, but none of the flashy rebels, wiz cybernetics, or direct neural interfaces.

As with most speculative fiction genres, the authors were proved mostly correct, except in the interesting bits.
>>
>>49857603
>none of the flashy rebels,
You mean, terrorists, hackers, and criminals? The flashy rebels are just terrorists, hackers, criminals and spies to our western media controlled eyes.
>wiz cybernetics,
Not yet at least.
>or direct neural interfaces.
Not yet at least.
>>
>>49857659
>terrorists
Unstylish.

>hackers
Unglamorous.

>criminals
The criminals, though, are strong contenders, especially the ones that spend their money enriching their communities.

Get back to me when hackers are scrawling anti-authoritarian imagery over every screen in Time Square, or terrorists are engaging in car chases involving ramping from building to building or whatever. Until then, it's the boring kind of cyberpunk, with all of the dystopia but none of the pizazz and panache.
>>
>>49857718
>The criminals, though, are strong contenders, especially the ones that spend their money enriching their communities.
>>
File: 18th street gang honduras.jpg (112KB, 500x336px) Image search: [Google]
18th street gang honduras.jpg
112KB, 500x336px
>>49857745
>>
File: Los-Zetas-cartel-1-470x318.png (252KB, 470x318px) Image search: [Google]
Los-Zetas-cartel-1-470x318.png
252KB, 470x318px
>>49857751
>>
File: Huey-P.-Newton-Gun-Club-VICE.jpg (378KB, 1600x1217px) Image search: [Google]
Huey-P.-Newton-Gun-Club-VICE.jpg
378KB, 1600x1217px
>>49857763
>>
File: g22_25566631.jpg (302KB, 990x687px) Image search: [Google]
g22_25566631.jpg
302KB, 990x687px
>>49857773
>>
>>49857783
>>
>>49855591
shit, ignore shills. Incomplete product.
>>
>>49853568
>with weapons having much higher damage and bounded accuracy dodging is more useful than both
Here's the thing with dodging. It's really, really hard to get a dodging pool anywhere near the size of a shooting pool thanks to things like smartlinks and specialties. On top of that, when most guns have 5+ Accuracy before taking things like smartgun systems into account, accuracy's a goddamn nonissue.

In practice, your dodging dice pool isn't going to negate any attacks - literally ever, for the most part - unless the attacker rolled only one or two hits. It's just there as a secondary soak factor, reducing damage by removing net hits.

The higher damage bit, though, means armor is extra, super important. When you get drilled by an assault rifle for 13P damage, you'd better goddamn hope you have 14+ armor, in order to knock that down to stun. Armor downgrading Physical damage to Stun is extremely important in 5e, arguably just as important as its actual ability to soak the damage itself.

It turns a hit that'll leave you in the hospital (or a grave) into one you can bounce back from after a few hours of recuperation at the safehouse. It's the difference between getting put out of the game for weeks (or permanently) or being ready to do more work again tomorrow.

This is also why building a medkit into your armor or using a savior medkit becomes so useful - being able to reduce the total damage you're suffering from in realtime without eating up a party member's time and attention is an extremely important asset.
>>
>>49850702

This reminds me how my team played cat and mouse with the infamous Bathroom Mage.
>>
>>49858140
>It's really hard to get a good dodge pool
Uh
5 Rea
5 Int
6 Combat Sense
2 Reakt
Congrats you're starting at 18 dodge at chargen on a baseline human
>>
>>49859061
>baseline human
>6 Combat Sense
Spending half of a Magic 6 Adept's PP on nothing but getting a fantastic dodging score is 'really hard to get.'
>>
>>49859124
>>49859061
>>49858140
Don't forget that anything with burst fire quickly diminishes your ability to dodge, and anything with automatic fire all but destroys it, on top of the fact that each successive attack against you applies a mounting -1 to future dodging.
>>
>>49859061
>6 Combat Sense
>while taking a 72k nuyen genemod at chargen, which costs essence as well

To do this, you'd need to take Prototype Transhuman or Exceptional Attribute in order to have 6 MAG, or only take 5 Combat Sense instead.

Plus this is all fucked by a guy with a gun that fires full-auto and turns your 18 dice pool to 9 dice.
>>
>>49859124
"really hard to get"
I'm sorry that your brain problems prevent you from knowing that Qi Foci or Mentor Spirits exist, anon.
>>
>>49859177
Everyone look at this faggot and laugh.
>>
>>49859177
Having to min-max oneself into a very specific build that costs a fair amount of money, PP and Essence in addition to having to make meta-motivated in-character choices that compromise on character building just to get a satisfactory dodge pool is "really hard to get", yes.
You have to compare the importance of the stat to the amount of hurdles you have to jump to be good at it in-game to find out how skewed the fluff and crunch are.
If you need to be not only Awakened, but also an adept with good REA/INT and Combat Sense, and on top of that spend a large amount of money on genemods and Qi Foci, as well as enter a pact with a mentor spirit (each and every one of these things being plenty rare in themselves) just to be good enough at dodging to make a difference in practice, something's screwy with the balance.
>>
>>49859247
>Hard to get
Here, I'll break this down for you.

You, you get this, you take magic 6. You take Reakt. You drop a point of Essence. You pick up a mentor spirit for Combat Sense, and a F4 Qi Focus for it too. Tada.
>>
>>49859247
>Enter a pact with a mentor spirit
>Mentor spirit quality is rare
Uh, what? Do you have a source on that?
>>
>>49859271
Technically magic itself is rare so i can see it argued if someone wanted to be pedantic.

Speaking of which, can someone use their mentor spirit as their tutor?
>>
>>49859329
>Rarity as an argument against character options
No.
>>
>>49859260
>Magic 6
How many people in the Sixth World have this?
How many adepts with Magic 6 are there?
How many adepts with Magic 6 choose to have geneware implanted solely to have better reactions in spite of it chewing up their Essence (which, while not a numbered stat in-universe, is a well-known factor in magic)?
How many people who do this also go out of the way to pick up a mentor spirit, something which a lot of adepts wouldn't even believe in or feel the need for in their lives?
How many of these people would choose that mentor spirit specifically for Combat Sense?
How many of these people would stack an expensive and rare Qi Focus on top of that too, just for more Combat Sense?
And in the end, how many of these people are shadowrunners?
If this was some outrageous min-max rules lawyer stunt, I'd understand it. It's dodging, however, something that more or less everyone has a modicum of experience with and that comes naturally to humans - something's fucky with the system if you have to be one of these four or five people in the Sixth World with this ridiculously narrow combination of traits to be good enough at dodging to make a real difference in a practical in-game combat situation.
On top of that, do you know what "roleplaying" is? It's a process in which you create a character that is believable within the rules of the setting, is to a degree relatable so that people can see them as persons, think and feel in a convincingly human way and have their own strengths, weaknesses, flaws, habits and predilections - and then you build up a character sheet around them to represent how that character works in the game.
Is roleplaying really that much of a lost skill nowadays? Is it really that hard for people to grasp that there's no good roleplaying in a character that's made multiple restricting and unrealistic choices in their backstory simply for the sake of the right combination of numbers?
>>
>>49859403
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Stormwind+fallacy

You can go ahead and read through what that is before you continue posting.
>>
>>49859367
I'm just devils advocating it, honestly if you were going to do that you shouldnt be awakened to begin with.

Anyway would a fluff Voodoo priest who learns their magic from their Mentor Firebringer pan out?

>>49859403
It is numbered in universe actually and you only need one and that one is yours.
Also you dont CHOOSE your mentor spirit, you GET one. You get to pick one as a player not as a charater.
Just like you cant conciously choose to be awakened.
>>
>>49859329
>>49859367
Nobody's saying that shit being rare means it's not accessible to players.

They're saying that having to stack so many factors - many of which are a serious resource investment or very rare in setting or both - all together make something 'really hard to get.'

Which it does.

It's not unavailable, inaccessible, or inappropriate for players. But it's a serious, costly investment that only someone with very specific character options and resources can get to, and even then gets invalidated almost immediately as soon as the Automatics weapon group enters the equation.
>>
>>49859403
>He thinks people can dodge faster than bullets
The average person can get pretty good at dodgeing. It's called a good Reaction and Intuition. You can get 10+ for them at chargen, and just about every character is going to have them at least that high, because it's what governs Initiative too. Having it at a 10 means you're getting around about 3 hits on any given dodge attempt, which combined with armor, means that you're going to be doing pretty alright.

Yeah, you CAN go full dodgemonkey and get an 18+ dodge pool. No, not everyone has that. Is it really all that useful even? Eeeeh, not really. Grenades, direct spells, BF/FA fire, traps, any non-dodgeable spells, and probably a few other things pretty much just no-sell it.

Then again, the same goes for literally any defense. You cannot, literally cannot, make a character with perfect defense. It just isn't possible.
>>
>>49859367
Yes.
The rarer a character concept is, the more it's defined by its rarity. When the character does not have common points with the rest of the setting, they lose the ability to interact with it in ways that are not defined by their specialness.
The more special and rare a character becomes, the more parts of their character by necessity will be composed of traits that they can't relate to the rest of the setting, thus throwing away roleplaying opportunities and relatability.
Throwing away these means that the character becomes uninteresting and two-dimensional, because when they cannot be portrayed as a person interacting realistically with the rest of the setting, they need to be portrayed as the sum of the rest of their parts.
This sum is composed of a conglomeration of numbers, items and powers that cannot reflect constructively in the character because the character does not exist within the setting anymore, it exists despite of the setting.
By forcing your character concept into the setting instead of building it so that the character interacts realistically with the setting itself, you abandon any pretense of roleplaying and throw out any characterization hooks that you could have used to actually make an interesting and engaging character.
>>49859426
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=fallacy+fallacy
You're welcome.
Also, using a "fallacy" that had to be created by the Internet for the Internet does not add credence to an argument.
>>
>>49859486
What's your opinion on SR3?
>>
Jesus, just go play a better system where this shit wont come up, problem solved.
>>
>>49859500
I trust that I don't have to tell you what an ad hominem is, nor what changing the topic is.
Just because you don't like me doesn't mean I'm not right. In fact, that you use a poster's reputation against them instead of refuting their argument implies that you can't refute it.

Please explain to me why you are playing a roleplaying game when you consistently, insistently shoot down everyone telling you that you are not roleplaying, but instead using roleplaying game rules to build a video game character.
I really don't understand how you're not ashamed of yourself. I should probably be grateful for the fact that the logical contortions that a drooling mongoloid like you uses to explain the fathomless mysteries of the concepts known as "effort" and "reward" are out of my depth.
It's not that fucking hard. Create a believable character in a system that encourages it and doesn't punish interesting options because it wants to stack Special Snowflake Points on everything, and then play it like a fucking person.
I'm not one of those grognards who think that everything must be a level 1 human fighter. I do know, though, that I could make an interesting, fun and believable party of level 1 human fighters together with my players, and that there should be no obstacles in the way because all a fighter must be is a reasonably fit human.
If male human fighters alone offer so much variety, you should be able to wring a massive amount of enjoyment and fun out of believable male human mages, riggers, deckers, adepts, street samurai and faces. On top of that, you have elves, trolls, orks, dwarves and even women.
If you still need to create logical Gordian knots to build a character that pleases you, you have misunderstood roleplaying.
It's almost before I'm going to write sample characters and cheatsheets for 3e so that all you 5e drones can sit down, play it and marvel at the depths of roleplaying games.
>>49859593
Thanks for the reminder, but I already play 3e.
>>
File: 1462481012176.gif (4MB, 347x244px) Image search: [Google]
1462481012176.gif
4MB, 347x244px
>>49859649
>>
>>49859649
>3e

2020, Eclipse Phase, BattleMech, 40k

I could go on
>>
I love dodging bullets from a thematic standpoint, but you pretty much have to be an adept with at least a decent amount of resources towards it. It's not too terribly difficult to get like 15 dice or so even without Qi Foci or Mentor Spirits or bioware.
>>
>>49859649

>If you still need to create logical Gordian knots to build a character that pleases you, you have misunderstood roleplaying.

Goddamn son I know this is /tg/ and about roleplaying games but check that autism at the door

Your ways of playing/roleplaying != everyone's. There's also no 'right' way to do it.
>>
>>49859682
2020 is admittedly fun, but the system is dodgy (which is not because it's old - it's because it's badly written).
Eclipse Phase has a great concept, but if you recommend it, you've either never read the book or belong on Tumblr. SJW complaints aside, it utterly fails to capture any kind of future society or posthuman philosophies besides a few tenuous metaphors for how trans people are Gods, and instead goes off on referential Internet humor from the 2010s.
40k is too silly for me, and I don't like mechs.
>>49859719
I am not pushing my way of roleplaying. I am saying that the other poster's way of creating characters is inherently not related to roleplaying at all, because there's no character creation involved. There is math and sheet creation involved, but the vital components that define it as roleplaying are missing.
I'm not saying that it's impossible to roleplay from there on. However, building a character from numbers that define their powers is inherently not roleplaying and will never be. Bend it or break it, it just won't be.
>>
>>49859754
Just dont admit any of the sjw shit into your games or get a good GM and you are golden.

Though to be fair, no i havent read the book
>>
>>49859649
>Thanks for the reminder, but I already play 3e.
Knew we'd found you, 3efag.
>>
>>49859649
>Please explain to me why you are playing a roleplaying game when you consistently, insistently shoot down everyone telling you that you are not roleplaying, but instead using roleplaying game rules to build a video game character.
>>49859754
>I am not pushing my way of roleplaying.

Are you always this wrong or did we catch you on a good day?
>>
Has anyone tried running Chummer5 on a "light" operating system?

I'm looking to uninstall windows 7 from my ancient laptop, it's been through a 10 year gauntlet of college, moving, and LAN gaming; and install something that will run without causing the cooling fan to act up.
>>
>>49859649
>On top of that, you have elves, trolls, orks, dwarves and even women
>even women

I wish I could say I'm surprised that you consider 50% of the population to be more outlandish a character aspect than fictional races are. Weren't you the one propping up in-setting incidence just now?
>>
>>49859754
"I'm not pushing my way of roleplaying, your way is just wrong and not a way to roleplay."

Uh, yes? We're talking about building characters, not how to roleplay them. While mechanics and roleplaying are, to a degree, connected, they are not entirely connected, and nobody is going to cripple a character just so some random faggot considers them to be roleplaying better.

You can have good roleplay with good mechanics. You can have bad roleplay with bad mechanics. You can have either with the other.
>>
>>49859649
>I really don't understand how you're not ashamed of yourself.
low quality b8
>>
>>49859902
I can't imagine Chummer5a ever having a problem running, even if its laggy.
>>
>>49859945
I just quoted you.
I'm not implying, your directly saying that "I'm not pushing my way of roleplaying, its that everyone else is doing it wrong."

I'm not pushing any definition of roleplaying, its just that you are the reason no one plays 3e.
>>
>>49859913
Do you understand what a "joke" is?
I was taking the piss, but you didn't catch me.
>>49859952
You can't be for real.
What the shitlord from before was saying was the definition of disregarding character and roleplaying completely in order to end up with a specific number on a piece of paper. That completely disrupts the connection that the character has with the things written on the sheet, which makes it by definition not roleplaying. A character created with no attention to roleplaying is going to be wholly a game-technical entity unless the person actively connects the two in roleplaying, which they're not likely to do because they proved themselves incapable of doing it before.
>>
>>49859990
Fantastic.
So everyone who disagrees with you must be a time traveler who single-handedly interfered in the history of roleplaying games just because no more than one person on Earth can ever disagree with you?
I must say, I can think of worse things to be called.
>>
>>49859902
>cooling fan during normal operation
More likely a hardware issue than a software one, but wipe the partition and install clean Win7 anyway. Then dust the fuck out of the internals, fins on your heat sink for both gfx and cpu are probably caked in dust preventing normal heat transfer to the air. Still runs the fans constantly your hardware is probably getting ready to give up that blue smoke.
>>
>>49860047
No one disagrees with me but you.

My only argument is that your a faggot and you are the only person on your side on that.

Take that as you will.

As said before, the reason no one plays 3e with you isn't because 3e is some outdated relic of a system. It's because you are a bad person who actively prevents people from doing what they want.
>>
>>49860113
There are, at minimum, about 4 people in the thread currently that disagree with you.

The reason nobody plays 3e is because it's an outdated system with clunky mechanics, poor layout, and it's missing improvements that were added by systems that came after it.

The reason people disagree with you is because you're the definition of a grognard, and the fact that you think "Oh I have an internet persona means I'm so amazing" fairly blatantly shows that you're a faggot. If you're such a big guy, why don't you tell us who?
>>
>>49860211
You're arguing with another guy arguing with 3efag, I'm pretty sure, judging from the last line.
>>
>>49860211
Basically what 222 says, I'm just the guy who posted
>>49859990
I havent even played either system, i just know what a that guy is.
>>
>>49859986
>>49860050

I use it as a GM screen and have my 5 player's sheets up in chummer, it lags up and chummer shuts down when switching sheets fairly often, even while nothing else is running.

Yeah, I've cleaned everything inside and fan still acts up if I pull more than 50% processing power.
>>
>>49846531
>They have a normal 9-5 job and seem outwardly to be a regular enough person. Despite this they have no actual normal friends, family, or other normal contacts. They live in a concrete basement apartment and spend all their nuyen on guns. They run the shadows at night and spend their off days working out or practicing with their fire arms. They're actually a mysadept with the Shark totem, and do what they do just to indulge a compulsion to kill people.

Would you run with this person?
>>
>>49860422
If done well, sure.
>>
>>49860294
Clean copy of Windows may fix the crashing.
>>
Can you use one of your Simple Actions to do a second Free Action instead?
>>
>>49860839
Shouldn't free actions be free? So you can do them infinitely?
>>
>>49861669
t. illiterate cunt
>>
>>49861685
Well if your so literate why the fuck do you have to ask the question?

Glass house.
>>
>>49861740
>thinking I asked the question
retard confirmed
>>
>>49859329
>Speaking of which, can someone use their mentor spirit as their tutor?
Take it as an ally.
>>
>>49862128
>49859477
*Contact. Fug.
>>
>>49862145
Thank you. Figured it'll make more sense for my voodoo priest to learn straight from their loa.
>>
Favourite Character concept?
>>
>>49860294
What kind of potato are you running it on? Switching between an active tab shouldn't cause any performance issues, as most of the intensive operations are done on load. At rest with 15 test characters in various states (Career, karma) in debug mode we're using less than a hundred megabytes of ram and functionally zero CPU usage.

If you're running through Mono or something then yeah performance will take a hit, but on a standard Windows build you should only ever see a performance hit during load.
>>49861669
Characters ordinarily have one Free Action per initiative pass. Qualities like Perfect Time increase that.
>>49860839
Generally no, but your GM may permit you to perform multiple Free Actions with a single use of the Action.
>>
>>49863347
>8 Edge Human Face that uses pistols that's named "Parker" and a Bio-Sam that uses long arms named "Longbaugh."

>Chemical Weapons + Chemseal characters.

>Any character that uses demolitions as a combat tool.
>>
>>49863380
>Generally no, but your GM may permit you to perform multiple Free Actions with a single use of the Action.

Specifically, I was thinking about Adept Centering and Take Aim being used to entirely remove the penalty from a Called Shot. It's kinda cheesy, but I'd say after the karma and in-game months spent on 4 fucking Initiations one has earned the right to some cheesiness.
>>
>>49863578

Changeling at-home rigger.

Looks more or less like a wolf person. His young son is afraid of the big bad wolf. His wife 'understands' but that doesn't make it easy or anything.

Can't go to work anymore. Took up running as a way to make money, and sends large amounts to his family. Son thinks daddy is just away on business but loves him very much.

Rigger is also looking for some method to reverse the SURGE (Just because its not possible doesn't mean he can't look)
>>
File: 1434925818445.png (467KB, 1151x577px) Image search: [Google]
1434925818445.png
467KB, 1151x577px
>>49864574
>ignoring called shot penalites
Probably cheaper to take Sharpshooter and Strive For Perfection.
>>
File: Ghost Girl.gif (2MB, 444x250px) Image search: [Google]
Ghost Girl.gif
2MB, 444x250px
>>49855543
>post spirits
>>
File: 1147835860733.jpg (170KB, 768x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1147835860733.jpg
170KB, 768x1280px
>>49864574
Ehhhh. You're squarely in GM fiat territory there. Back in SR4 you were able to convert one Simple Action to a Free Action(Page 147, SR4A). That rule doesn't exist in SR5, unless you have a VERY generous interpretation of RAW.
>>
>>49862229
Take the same spirit as a mentor, a contact, and create an ally spirit fluffed as a lesser facet of a much greater being. Receive tutelage, assistance, and sick magic-related runs. Expand his Connection and deepen your mutual Loyalty through services performed for your divine patron.

That's how you be the best damn Houngan that Ogoun's ever had.
>>
File: Voodoo Shaman.jpg (94KB, 686x960px) Image search: [Google]
Voodoo Shaman.jpg
94KB, 686x960px
>>49865190
>not working with a complicated web of loa who run a time-share on your body

It's like you don't even have friends on the other side
>>
>>49865228
You can have a lot (or exculsively) spirit contacts but you cant have multiple mentor spirits.
So favorites are necessary.
>>
>>49865245
You don't need mentor spirits, cuckboy.
>>
>>49865228
>not having one favorite above the rest as your personal mentor who guides you through your magical journey
>not having weirdly much higher Loyalty with another who covets you and wants you add their own Mambo
>not having a third still with the highest Connection but low enough Loyalty that you have to constantly ply him with favors
Pig-disgusting.
>>
File: Contempt For Pleb.png (67KB, 157x210px) Image search: [Google]
Contempt For Pleb.png
67KB, 157x210px
>>49865288
That would be the complicated web, anon. Read nigga
>>
So kind of a newbie question, in the latest edition have they solved the power armor issue? So can a p. adept get boost from stuff like a borg could? Or is it still only like Mil-spec stuff still. I was just wondering if you could go all Knight Sabers yet in the setting?
>>
>>49865264
But I want one?
>>
>>49865633
>But I want one?

because it's part of your character's background or fits them?
>>
>>49865710
I wanted specifically, a character whose mentor spirit was used in the most literal sense and was basing tradition and the like around that.

Someone who is almost dependent on their totem and runs according to the obscure tempo of their master.
>>
File: The maplight Tick.png (207KB, 600x448px) Image search: [Google]
The maplight Tick.png
207KB, 600x448px
>>49865983

Please explain why. You've got me curious.
>>
Anyone still like Glory?
http://adultart-marmar.tumblr.com/post/152049227916/request-turned-into-commission-im-really-happy
>>
>>49866109

Didn't know Glory was a thing until now.

Thank you for making me aware of this.

What is she?
>>
So if I have 9 weapon skill and 3 agi would I roll 12 dice on a shooting test? Sorry for the dumb question. Do I always use the stat associated with the skill to determine what to use?
>>
>>49866109
Glory is the reason i got Dragonfall ngl, i didnt even know it was out until a mutual had a breakdown because Glory's backstory hit way too close to home (Abusive lesbian lover apperantly).

>>49866033
It was a way to take advantage of the amnesia route.
To summarize the characters I am a aspiring questfag and wanted to make 4 stock characters since char gen can get so messy.

One of them is a bunraku who spontanously awakens, frying her chip and causing her to have a quest to get her old face back.

Given the lack of memories and friends there is only one real contact for her to have, which is the spirit that guides her.

For extra fun it was going to be one of the ones who aren't necessarily a nice person.
>>
>>49866382

Yes, and yes.
>>
>>49866252
Dragonfall is a game that turns 3e era shadowrun into a video game taking place in Berlin.

It's plot and character are all solid and its considered a phenominal game.

Glory is your razor girl and she doesn't talk about her past, but shes got incredibly old chrome and her essence score is basically .5.

She's pretty much dead inside and she won't tell anyone why she did that.
>>
>>49866382
For shooting yes, you use agility.

There are a few instances where you will use a different attribute than the default, the most common probably being quick draw (which uses weapon skill+reaction) and a good chunk of the hacking skills use int instead of log.
>>
>>49866447
It's actually 2E era, but whatever.

Also Glory a shit and her backstory is garbage
>>
>>49866493
>we'll never get any good Eiger art
>>
>>49866587
Eiger is a terrible subhuman
>>
>>49866671
You have unimaginably shit taste.
>>
>>49866587
Comission it, all the internet artists are poor and desperate.
>>
>>49866708
he's right though.
Her backstory is just 'i'm the most unprofessional person in this room and an entitled piece of shit, because of something i was a complete failure at'

She's not likeable. I don't think she is supposed to be.
>>
>>49866771
You also have unimaginably shit taste.
>>
>>49866771
First of all, Blitz is clearly supposed to be the unproffesional one, though I like him.

I like all of them, they are my precious crew.
>>
>>49863380
An ancient piece of hardware from 2004.
1gb ram, 32gb hard drive, 1.6 ghz
>>
>>49866865
>First of all, Blitz is clearly supposed to be the unproffesional one, though I like him.
Yeah, the thing is, he never pretended to be anything but a ganger with delusions of grandeur.
He's an idiot, but you know that from the get go.
I thought he was likable too.

Eiger on the other hand is a fucking hypocrite and if you get down to it a liar. She pretends to be the pro of the team, because that is what her damaged ego demands, but the reason Monika put you - the player - in charge instead is because she knows Eiger is a... I don't wanna say fraud, let's go with liability.
>>
>>49867016
The reason why she put you in charge is because you have a history and you're a better leader. Monika never even hints that she's a liability. She thought she was excellent but hard headed.
>>
>>49867016
Eiger isn't a fraud she's just a bitch.

The reason Monika didn't pick her is because she's way to structered for the group. No one would follow a fuckin post millitary in a area defined by Anarchy.

Remenber that Eiger immediatly apologizes after the Green Winters run lets her actually see the kinda shit that happened.
>>
>>49866420
Thanks.
>>
Is 5e chrome flesh badly written? I can't find any mechanics for some of the stuff. Do I need to look through older editions?
>>
So, veteran of the older editions getting back into the game, anyone have any advice for playing an AI pretending to be a human? My character is portraying itself as a human reporter who is trying to keep her identity on the downlow while slipping info/decking/other assistance to the detective agency the other player characters belong to.
>>
>>49867495
Don't. AIs are just a mess to make.
>>
File: 1444961364436.jpg (283KB, 1600x1411px) Image search: [Google]
1444961364436.jpg
283KB, 1600x1411px
>>49866918
>Windows 7 on a single gig of RAM.
You're right, anon, you do need to look into alternative operating systems.
>>
>>49866918

Win XP for you?
>>
>>49866918
That's just cruel. You should retire her.
>>
Does anyone have that shadowsteppers webcomic edit? I need it for...Reasons.
>>
>>49865611
No, there is no powered armour in 5th.
>>49866918
>1GB RAM on Windows 7
Good lord. Okay, that will definitely be a chunk of your problem. Next you'll be telling me you're another of those people that wants me to support 1024x768...
>>49867489
What stuff?
>>
>>49867531
We are using an unholy version of gumshoe for this game as the GM went "Nope" at the reboot. So crunch isn't the problem, fluff is.
>>
>>49867665
It depends on the personality of the AI in question. I personally like the idea of being slightly uncanny valley. You also could factor in the idea that the AI might not understand some meatspace concepts like friction or gravity into their speech, to maybe hint that they wouldn't take those factors into consideration.
>>
>>49867656
Like the antennae earware on page 75. It tells me the cost capacity etc but not any mechanics for what it does.
>>
File: Cave.Story.full.1092061.jpg (178KB, 1024x819px) Image search: [Google]
Cave.Story.full.1092061.jpg
178KB, 1024x819px
>>49867700
>Each antenna, to a maximum of three, reduces Noise by 1 for the user. And only the user.
>>
>>49867693
I was actually planning on doing that, but I don't want to scream out that I am playing an AI. I also need a cover of why I never physically turn up in character.
>>
>>49867720
How did you find that though? I would rather not have to depend on you to answer every little question I have. Sorry if I'm asking stupid questions.
>>
>>49867721
You can chummer. Let me welcome you to the wonderful world of Renraku sex bots.
>>
>>49867742
It's right in the 'ware's fucking description. I don't even understand how to answer a question as stupid as yours.
>>
>>49867721
You've blown the whistle on one too many big names, and need to keep your identity secret. If someone wishes the "meet up" send them all around down on different taxi/train routes until they get to the designation you've been hanging around in the matrix the whole time, then simply "appear as a hologram" because "The Man is after me. Best play it safe."
>>
File: file.png (456KB, 1186x433px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
456KB, 1186x433px
>>49867742
Page 74, homeslice. Most rules are solely in the description of the item.
>>
>>49867721
The implications of not getting meatspace concepts can be subtle.

"Just jump up and climb over the wall silly"

"The wall is ten feet high"

"...And?"

"I can't jump that high!"

"O-oh... I-I didn't realize you were such a wimp >.>"

Or something like that.
>>
>>49867755
don't feed the trogs
>>
File: IMG_20161019_231603460.jpg (6MB, 3006x5344px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161019_231603460.jpg
6MB, 3006x5344px
>>49867755
Sorry my thing is being weird turns out all the text is in black or something
>>
>>49867751
Specifically the Shiwase I-doll can look like a bio'd up human and even has a history of AIs using it as bodies, though its low processing power is a problem, attach a computer to it hidden in a backpack and you got yourself a you.
>>
>>49867758
Nice, that should cover my bases pretty well. Though one of the players has been trying to scry me, magic and tech doesn't usually get along, but should I worry?
>>49867784
That works, thanks.
>>49867821
I have been trying to get something like that, but the GM seems to want me to not have a physical body "yet".
>>
>>49867891
Weird, those things have a availabillity of 4, you can get them at bestbuy.
>>
>>49867891
If the AI character is aware of the attempted scrying, you could just throw something out like "Pft, if I can keep out of sight from the big movers and shakers, what makes you think you can find me?" If you wanted to be less confrontational you could just say "For my safety, I move around a lot. It makes sense you 're unable to track me down... No I will not tell you where I am!"

"Big Reveals" can be pretty fun when done right. One time I was playing an Elf orc poser, alongside a bunch of orc supremacist players and it wasn't revealed until the very end that I wasn't actually an orc. Everyone was pretty shocked. Unfortunately the FBI killed us all shortly after, just as another player was getting ready to beat my ass. Was fun.
>>
>WARNING: I am skipping everything posted and answering the Faith Edition questions. I will read the thread after.

>Is your character religious?
Normally I don't play religious characters but my group started a 5e game and I wanted to do something different. My current character is an elf Macgyver street priest.
> does he visit the local church?
He's been stuck trying to bust out of prison after prison since being framed for a terrorist act, but not usually since he has a different view than the church.
>Does he repent?
Yes. Its part of his personal belief system. Good men are sometimes forced to commit evil acts in the service/defense of the innocent. These acts can be forgiven with repentance.
>>
>>49867941
Gm fiat, he gave some bullshit about the software not interfacing with mine or something. Says I can get one later.
>>49867941
That works, the guy is being pretty autistic about it, amusingly he seems to think I am a Fed feeding them info. Also planning the reveal later, which is why I want to subtly hint for now. Part of the reason the AI is helping the party is to try and manipulate them into destroying the corp's AI lab where they made my character.
>>
>>49868014
>amusingly he seems to think I am a Fed feeding them info.

Honestly, this should be your plan B reveal.

Do the totally whole obvious Fake Federal Agent Trying To Trick People Into Jailbait Scenarios And BanVans, and 'come clean' with it if people start to get suspicious.
>>
>>49868041
He's more going the "Refuse to do anything with the information" rout and is demanding a meet up before he goes along. Unfortunately he owns the detective agency and is played by the group loony.
>>
>>49868084
Ask a contact to pretend to be you.
>>
>>49868096
Been thinking that out, need to be prepared for crazy stunts. Also need to think of a reasonable reason to give the contact for standing in...
>>
>>49868190
They're detectives. You're looking to hire them but you want to test them first.
>>
>>49868229
Heh. I actually should probably test them. Think I have everything ready, thanks Fa/tguys/!
>>
File: weapons.png (236KB, 1239x741px) Image search: [Google]
weapons.png
236KB, 1239x741px
>>49844541
>Jammer (either the device or just somebody with a good Attack and Electronic Warfare) will help with keeping stuff silent.

>Heck, if you can manage to swing a backup-deck (the Radioshack is probably best for this, being cheap, legal, and you can modify a 1 away to get a 3, which you can then program mod to 4) then you may want to use it as a jammer while you crank up your real deck's noise reduction and just slowly fry those things.

which version of shadowrun does this apply to?
>>
>>49869359
Since he said Deck it's obviously 5e
>>
>>49869422

what should you do if 4e? (besides using comlink instead of deck i mean)
>>
File: Door chain.jpg (6MB, 3732x2524px) Image search: [Google]
Door chain.jpg
6MB, 3732x2524px
>>49846531

I use a miniature chain whip made from a door chain to scratch my back. It works pretty good and is not as long and cumbersome to store as a traditional back scratcher. (I am able to just hand it from my desk lamp when not in use and it does not get in the way)

Do you ever think of ways to make space saving versions of normal comfort tools for people who live in shadowrun style one room apartments or coffin apartments?
>>
>>49869509
Keep in mind that in 4e magic was more my bag (same guy from last thread, though), but this is what I remember from a quick lookup in the core last time.

Get a good Signal rating, because that's important for Jamming; anything with a higher modified Signal than yours won't be jammed like you want it to be. You also want a good Attack program so that you can crash any ECCM programs that are running. An Agent may help.

And from there, stuff still works kinda similarly. Jam, and have some other comm do the ruining of tags and such.
>>
>>49866109
>I wonder how she and adam jense would get along
Quietly.
>>
>>49866447
>Glory is your razor girl and she doesn't talk about her past, but shes got incredibly old chrome and her essence score is basically .5.
It's more than that; Glory is a great honking pile of social negative qualities on top of low essence.
>>
Starting my first SR5 session as dm soon. I've dm'ed before, although not SR.

Players wanted a Street-Runner start to get a feel and develop their chars from the ground up.
Thinking about missions for starter street-runners to give them a feel of the world and let them see how things work. I'm trying to start them with easy-ish jobs, that don't demand a lot of them but also don't have super big importance for the Johnson giving them, because who would let a beginner team of runners take on the really important jobs from the start.
Here are a few thought's and i'd like to have a bit of feedback if you guys don't mind:

- Break into facility and probe-hack a mainframe as a diversion for a different team on a different site.
- Collect protection money from a commercial street downtown.
- Find person in club and bring him to Johnson
- Damage cars around a complex as a message

Optionally throw in things going wrong a few times because more security than expected, or object not at estimated place.

Now I am relatively new to the SR universe. I have read lot's and lot's of the corebook's stuff to get a feel for the world and a bit from nearly every supplementary book. I LOVE this setting and this will probably be my main rpg setting for my life now. But I don't want to convey the world wrong so I hope i start out right.
>>
>>49867804

>6.34 MB
>>
>>49870804
>Players wanted a Street-Runner start to get a feel and develop their chars from the ground up.
Make sure you don't just give them the Street Level karma/nuyen adjustments and stop there. Use Street Scum rules from the GM section (essentially Sum To Six) instead, or both.

http://www.savevsdm.com/pdf/SR4-101Scenarios.pdf

If I remember correctly, this was pretty good for lower level shadowruns, too.
>>
>>49867584
>>49867656

Yeah, I'm not saying that chummer was the problem, I just was wondering if any has exp with chummer on lighter OSs.

HP techs upgraded it from XP to 7 when I sent it in for a hardware issue; I've been using a 4gb USB for virtual ram since.
>>
>>49871376
CPU is probably going to be your limiting factor, you're going to get slapped with multi-second reloads whenever we make a call to UpdateCharacterInfo (Which is a lot more than I'm happy with, but that's a battle for another time). We don't do a LOT of memory-intensive functions and disk is relatively low once it's successfully loaded, but you'll be making the best of a bad lot unfortunately.
>>
>>49864968
CGL at it's best:

>During his Action Phase, a character may take two Simple Actions, though only one can be an attack action. A character may also take a Free Action with the two Simple Actions.

A nice one for the errata team to clarify.
>>
How powerful, in universe, is someone who's managed to hit magic 9? How many mages of comparable power are there?

I was wondering because a friend of mine mentioned an old character of his that managed to retire as a magic 9 shinto mage.
>>
>>49871952
>How powerful, in universe, is someone who's managed to hit magic 9?

At the same time "very" and "not that much", it entirely depends on what you compare to.

There won't be many metahuman mages that can compare, but immortal elves, powerful spirits and dragons will be all like "not bad... for a beginner, that is."
>>
>>49872033

Actually, 9 is above a lot of dragons. Great Dragons will outdo it but dragons are 1d6+6 for magic. If more powerful is more rare with dragons, like with metahumans, they'll outclass a very large number of non-greats.

Mind you, said dragons could also just EAT the mage.
>>
>>49871952
>How powerful, in universe, is someone who's managed to hit magic 9?
Insanely.

>How many mages of comparable power are there?
Basically none. Magic 6 is already an individual of rare and impressive power. What you're talking about is either a Triple Initiate or someone with Exceptional Attribute (Magic) and a Double Initiate - goddamn exceptional.

Such a character would be completely beyond most mortal Awakened, power-wise.
>>
File: P5SCrSn.jpg (513KB, 1506x2048px) Image search: [Google]
P5SCrSn.jpg
513KB, 1506x2048px
How does srg feel about ally spirits?
I myself love the concept as I'm always a sucker for familairs and the like.
I've played with the idea of building a character with karma gen and spending most of it on the spirit.
Sort of a: rookie mage somehow allies him/herself to a much more powerfully spirit and must rely on it to get them through the shadows
>>
>>49872706

I dig it. It's an interesting dynamic.

However, I also love the idea of a Faustian Deal. Rookie mage makes a deal with a spirit to get him power, and eventually the Devil gets his Due.
>>
>>49872744
I like that as well, solves the "why do they run?" Question
>>
>>49872749

"If I don't regularly provide Mr. Samedi with Karma, he is going to kill me"

Yeah, sounds like a good reason to me.
>>
>>49872801
Pretty much, could take a spirit pact as well depending on how you've fluffed the relationship
>>
>>49872706
>How does srg feel about ally spirits?
I adore them. Wizards don't feel right without a powerful familiar. I prefer my magic to be based around rituals, assensing, and spirit-allies, moreso than actual spells.
>>
>>49871952
A magic nine mage is a global presence in the awakened community that has both imitators and wannabe initiates.

Your friend's character could have walked into Shiwase and ended up the personal mystical advisor for Empress Motherfuckin Hitomi.

Granted that also has a lot to do with how big a deal shinto is in Shiwase, and how Hitomi's base currently has strong opposition from a different Shinto priest who alleges to be the voice of the ancestors, but point is when you hit 9 ANYTHING your a certified badass, and even being magic one makes you valuable in sixth world.
>>
>>49872068
>9 is above a lot of dragons
To be more specific: 1d6+6 is equal to or greater than 9 whenever you get 3 or higher. 1 out of 3 dragons have lower magic than that guy. 2 out of 3 dragons don't. I'm not sure I'd call that "a very large number of non-greats".
>>
File: method.jpg (215KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
method.jpg
215KB, 1600x900px
>>49872706
Welcome to the wonderful world of Voodoo.

Are you ready?
>>
>>49873152
Its WAY higher then the dragon comunity will be comfortable with at least. Plus its incredibly unlikely to meet a dragon so Magic9's almost always the biggest dick in the room.
>>
>>49873171
More so that you can imagine, alas if I want to play Sr I gotta gm which I feel I suck at.
>>
>>49873412
At least you have a game.

If I want to play SR I gotta run a QUEST which I know I'll suck at because i have no precedent. Which is why ive been delaying it indefinitely.

I don't want to be judged by strangers.
>>
>>49873496
Well isn't our motto no game>no game
Though calling our games bad game is an overexageration I will admit.
Have you ever played online? I've played a bit with roll20 I think it was and it had potential, or even tabletop Sim might work
>>
>>49873599
no game > no game.
Um omae, I'm confused.
>>
>>49873625
Fuck me, no game>bad game
I'm bad at phone posting
>>
>>49872706
Ally Spirits are super useful, but they are hard to actually get in career because they are such a karma dump. You can't actually get an Ally Spirit in Shadowrun at chargen without GM approval.

I also think Ally Spirits are awesome and I wish I actually got to play with them more.
>>
File: 57145288_p0_master1200.jpg (816KB, 1100x1200px) Image search: [Google]
57145288_p0_master1200.jpg
816KB, 1100x1200px
>>49858140
>>49859061
>>49859124
>>49859168
>>49859690

>Everyone forgetting about Full Defense.

The best way to dodge in this system without making your character a one-trick-pony is to take Agile Defender and pump your Initiative and Agility. Wired Reflexes or Improved Reflexes 3 gives you 3 extra dodge dice from the extra REA while also guaranteeing you have 10 Initiative to spare on Full Defense. Roll in some Muscle Toner or some Improved Attribute (AGI) and baby, you've got a stew going.

Plus you'll end up with 10+ AGI, so you're a supreme sneakster and a great shot to boot.
>>
>>49873696
Don't bring this up again you'll just summon the 3e fag again.
>>
>>49873678
I did it once, was more of a utility ally spirit at force 3 or 4. Agreed about the karma dump. It's really expensive to start and more so to upgrade later. Why I would like to do it at chargen with gm approval of course.
>>
>>49873696
Between full defense, Dodge actions and the like, and good Ole edge it's not hard to neo dodge full auto salvos
>>
>>49873696
That and the many ways to get stackable armor bonuses with run and gun makes face tanking way for viable than I think was intendd
>>
>>49873755
Yeah, Run and Gun makes being fashionable and well armored easy in 5e.

If my players take damage, they have to get it repaired at their expense. Unless they have a high lifestyle, but that is rare.
>>
>>49873696
>spending all that initiative on dodging
Enjoy getting chipped away while not actually resolving the combat, faggot.
>>
File: 56874275_p6_master1200.jpg (156KB, 1024x688px) Image search: [Google]
56874275_p6_master1200.jpg
156KB, 1024x688px
>>49873949

If you've got 3+ passes (which you should, since with just 12 + 3d6 you get 3 passes >70% of the time) you still have two passes free to kick ass and take names.

And since you can Full Defense as an interrupt, if nobody shoots at you, you don't have to spend the Initiative to dodge.
>>
File: tumblr_ofbommqeLO1ups590o2_1280.jpg (380KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ofbommqeLO1ups590o2_1280.jpg
380KB, 1280x1280px
>>49866109
>Glory
Glory, hallelujah.

As long as there's no visible nipples or genitals it's blueboard-safe, right?
>>
File: 1411432227095.gif (826KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1411432227095.gif
826KB, 500x281px
>>49874088
>only getting shot at once in an entire Combat Turn
>>
>>49874122
If multiple people are firing at you that just makes full defense even MORE important.
>>
>>49874122
Full defense last the entire combat turn iirc
>>
>>49874122
>he's too cucked to read the book
>he's too stupid to understand what "Full Defense lasts an entire Combat Turn" means
At this point, legitimately consider not posting on 4chan ever.
>>
>>49874098

Her mods look too sleek.
>>
>>49874098
>As long as there's no visible nipples or genitals it's blueboard-safe, right?
The mods are a bit inconsistent on that. Visible nipples/genitals have been fine when it's actual art like Frank Frazetta and not porn, but faggots keep trying to push the limit, and sometimes I've seen lingerie pics get deleted. If I had to guess, I'd say that picture of Glory is skirting the edge, but alright by itself.
>>
How do I be the most elf street sam possible? Dual wielding katanas, the works.
>>
>>49875740

>Prejudice
>Fanatical
>Not-elf
>>
>>49875771
I just got done saying I want the most 'elf' possible. You know full well what I meant.
>>
>>49875740
Have a rare condition where the top of your eyelids are perpetually lowered (Omega ware) forcing you to only be able to see clearlyt when looking down on people.

>>49875786
You didnt put the quotes in matey.
>>
File: robot_head.jpg (395KB, 1602x1169px)
robot_head.jpg
395KB, 1602x1169px
Can I get away with having a robot head without distinctive style?
I plan on getting as many obvious cyberlimbs and torsos and heads as possible.
>>
>>49875786
I mean that you are fanatically prejudice against anyone who isn't an elf.
>>
Can anyone give me a basic Rundown on How to Adept?

Every time I try to make an adept, they just end up... Sorely lacking. I can make a half-decent mage, but I can't for the life of me make a good phys-ad.

I can make cybered up characters just fine, so why is this one group eluding me?
>>
>>49875834
Yeah, plenty of people have chrome. You'll stand out a bit, but not to the point of being unique. It has to be something that basically no one else would reasonably have for it to qualify for Distinctive Style.
>>
>>49874098
Just wondering if you are that cybered up just how crippled is your sense of touch going to being like that? Are there in game penalties to your touch/balance tests for borging too far?
>>
>>49876432
None, barring houserules or RPing fluff. Cybernetic prostheses are meant to be functional, including built-in sensory feedback. The only penalty you get for borging too far is lower Essence and a slightly lower social limit.
>>
>>49876204
First: What edition? I'm guessing 5e
Second: Assuming 5e: Adepts are experts on specializing. You can get super fast, extremely good with weapons, an excellent AR hacker or social dice out your ass.
But outside that you simply are mediocre. So pick one Area in which you want to excel, and prepare yourself for not being that good in other stuff
>>
My friend just told me he's bringing in a decker for our game tomorrow. I have no idea how decking works, is there a quick reference flow chart or something out there?
>>
>>49876557

5th ed, yeah. and I've tried that, but I can't even seem to make a guy who just punches well.
>>
File: 1467938989752.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
1467938989752.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>49876599
What edition?
In 5e check the Hayek Sheets in the OP pastebin
in 4e check pdf related
>>
>>49876799
You used chummer5 right? If so download one of those PDF printers, print your charsheet to pdf and post it here. We might be able to help you then
>>
>>49876831

I'll see if I can recreate him. I lost a lot of my characters when I had to transfer PC's.
>>
>>49876432
Functionally Cyberlimbs have near perfect to perfect sensory feedback (maybe not Glory's, because they are junkware). However, Cyberlimbs can disassociate the limb's touch with your own, like that out of body sensation when you're grabbing something except all the time. That is flavor though, even if its a good place to roleplay a Street Samurai's lost essence.
>>
>>49870475

thanks.
>>
>>49867198
This.
Eiger would run the crew like an military unit, which makes no sense in flux state.
>>
>>49876893

Wait, you can feel with your cyberlimbs!?
>>
>>49876975
Not if you don't want to, chummer.
>>
>>49876975
What the fuck would be the point of a nonfunctional prosthesis?
>>
>>49876982

No no, this is a good thing. Kinda, I guess.

One of my biggest paranoia about Cyberlimbs was the thought that I completely lost all sense for that limb, forever. Never feel anything with that hand again.

I mean, in a combat situation, sure, that's pointless, but there's the simple pleasures in life. Petting a dog. Fresh, warm laundry. shit like that.

If I can still enjoy those simple pleasures, I am significantly less against cyberlimbs.

>>49876991
The cyberlimbs can function with 100% efficiency, but that doesn't mean that the Metal has sensory receptors that you could feel with.
>>
>>49876975
>>49877034
With cyberlimbs you have all the usual feeds: Tactile, Temperature, Wind, etc.
Unlike normal limbs however you can shut these off. Want to pick up a very hot piece of metal? You might get hurt but at least you won't feel it

the bigger problem isn't that you have no sensation, but that it's the wrong sensation.

Sure you can see just fine with your cybereyes, but it feels more like watching a cam feed than normal sight.
You can feel textures with your cyberarm, but it doesn't feel like with a normal arm.
>>
>>49876813
5e, thanks
>>
>>49877054

I get that, and I totally dig the dynamic. I was just under the impression you didn't feel ANYTHING.
>>
>>49877082
Not in a world where datajacks exist.
>>
>>49876813
>in 4e check pdf related
>hacking 101.pdf

Thank you very much.
>>
>>49877107

thanks.

New question: How often do people use Synthetic cyberarms? Their 1/2 Capacity and increased price makes them seem like they'd be a poor choice, beyond the -8 concealability to visual perception.
>>
>>49877176
They're for faces and smugglers, that's probably it.
>>
New player here, trying to wrap my head around priorities.

Is there any point in setting my metatype priority at anything other than E if I want to play a human? Is the race you play as the only thing the metatype priority influences?
>>
>>49877274
You lose out on special attributes which you can spend on MAG, RES, or EDG.
>>
>>49877274

It also effects your Edge and Magic

If you pick a higher priority, and play a Human, you'll have a lot of 'special points' that you can plug equally into your Magic or Edge.

So, if you pick A Metatype (human), and D magic (adept), you could end up with 7 Edge (5 points in edge raising 2>7), and 6 magic (4 points into magic, 2>6)
>>
What's life like in Tir na nOg for a human or ork?
>>
>>49879099
shitty. Like all metatypes except elves they are second-class citizens at best.
>>
NEW THREAD
>>49879161
>>49879161
Thread posts: 315
Thread images: 43

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.