[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

YGO

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 11

File: Wizard of Blizzards.jpg (215KB, 419x610px) Image search: [Google]
Wizard of Blizzards.jpg
215KB, 419x610px
yugioh thread: post your decks, rate others and shitpost about how bad pendulums are.
>>
Cyber Dragons:
>monsters
cyber dragon X3
cyber larva X3
cyber dragon zwei X3
cyber dragon core X3
cyber dragon drei
proto-cyber dragon X3
cyber vally
cyber dinosaur
cyber phoenix
cyber eltanin
honest
shinning angel
jade knight X2
falchion beta
mimimimic
>spells
cybernetic fusion support X2
power bond
evolution burst
swords of revealing light
cyber repair plant
limiter removal
shrink
spell shattering arrow
card trader
>traps
three of a kind
sakuretsu armor
impenetrable attack
rare metalorph
cyber network
>extra
cyber twin dragon X2
chimeratech fortress dragon
chimeratech overdragon
cyber dragon nova X2
>>
File: 1452640121799.gif (655KB, 460x426px) Image search: [Google]
1452640121799.gif
655KB, 460x426px
Water:
>monsters
bolt penguin
ancient shark hyper megalodon
sharkraken
eagle shark
armed sea hunter
hammer shark
shocktopus
mermail abyssnose
mother grizzly
double shark X3
lost blue breaker
mermail abysshilde
spined gillman
mermaid archer
deep diver
snowman eater X2
penguin soldier X2
>spells
aqua jet
hammer shot
double summon X2
darkhole
nightmare's steelcage
eternal rest
MST
card trader
water hazard
abyss-scale of the cetus
mist body
cursed armaments
>traps
spirtual water art - aoi X2
waboku
torrential tribute
sakuretsu armor
impenetrable attack
solemn wishes
call of the haunted
>extra
nightmare shark
>>
>>49866489
Why the fuck are you running Overdragon and not Overload Fusion?
Why are you running exactly 0 Cyber Dragon Infinity?
Why are you running 3 Proto CyDra?

You are a disgrace to CyDra players everywhere.

Your punishment is to only play Cyberdarks for the next 6 months.
>>
>>49867006
sorry but I's be poor
>>
>>49867029
That'll get you out of running Infinity, but not the rest of it.

You're running 2 Twin Dragon yet only a single copy of Power Bond. I highly doubt that you have 3 Zwei and 3 Core and only a single Power Bond. Run 3.

Fusion Support is a terrible card that even in the most dire of situations you don't want to run more than one of.

Sakuretsu isn't good anymore and hasn't been for almost 10 years. Too much is immune to destruction or wants you to destroy it, or just straight turns off your shit when it attacks.

3 Core is cloggy. Cut down to 2 at most, but better at 1. Replace it with more copies of Drei.

Overload Fusion is at most a $0.50 card. If you can't scrounge together $1.50 then you have bigger problems than your deck being bad.

Then again, this is all inferior advice to "just fucking play simulators", which is a poorfag's best deal.
>>
File: yooooo.jpg (179KB, 484x410px)
yooooo.jpg
179KB, 484x410px
>>
>>49867121
well thanks for the advice, and I'll try what you said.
post your deck so we can keep the thread relevant though.
>>
>>49867181
You got it, bossman.

>>49867175
>2 cannon of -10 counters
>3 Black Stone of Slow As Shit
>Only one Citadel
>Only one Exemplar
I take it this is an IRL build?
>>
File: DarkPaladin.jpg (39KB, 307x450px)
DarkPaladin.jpg
39KB, 307x450px
>>49866330
Hey /tg/,
First time posting on this board. I kinda want to get back into Yugioh. I actually play the game almost daily on my phone via Yugioh: Duel Generations and primarily use a Dark Magician Deck that revolves around turn 1 Dark Magicians as well as going for Dark Paladins if possible, but I know nearly nothing about Yugioh from GX onward.

I want to buy some actual cards and start going to the local shop to play with people for fun, but are the older cards even relevant today? I'm just not sure if I'll even be remotely able to keep up.

I do own this deck set for what that's worth:

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Yugi's_Legendary_Decks

Some of those cards are banned though, so I'd need to make some changes, obviously.

TLDR:
I want to start playing Yugioh at this local shop, but haven't played with cards from GX onward whatsoever. Can I even play the game coherently now with the knowledge I have?
>>
>>49866330
I just want a more common version of Minerva to be released so my IRL Lightsworn deck can get close to my YGOpro one.
>>
>>49867279
well you may want to get educated on the new extra deck cards(synchros, xyzs) also there is a new way to play called pendulums but not a lot of people use them, as for dark magician there is anew support called oracle mahad and it's pretty good.
>>
>>49867279
>Can I even play the game coherently now with the knowledge I have?
No. Even if you never fucking use them, you NEED to know how the new summoning methods work, even if only so that you can counter them effectively.

T1 Dark Magicians aren't impressive anymore since they just got a huge batch of support in The Dark Illusions, including two Xyz monsters (which are good and should be run at 2-3 each).

A set called Legendary Decks 2 just came out, which has SOME of the cards you need, and there's a Yugi structure remake coming out soonish that will have some other cards you need, but you'll probably still need to buy 3 Dark Magic Circle and 3 Magician's Navigation if you want to actually have a chance to compete.

Even with all of this, though, unless your local shop is filled with scrubs using decks that are more than 4 months old, you are going to be stomped by Blue-Eyes at every turn. Even 20 years later, Kaiba's still getting the last laugh.
>>
>>49867279
Oh and here is my current deck I use...

>monsters
Dark Magician x3
Jerry Bean Man x1
Breaker the Magical Warrior x1
Buster Blader x2
Chainsaw Insect x2
Defender the Magical Knight x1
Jinzo x2
King of the Swamp x2
Skilled Dark Magician x3
Skilled White Magician x2
The Tricky x1
Voltic Kong x1

>magic
Ancient Rules x2
Dark Magic Attack x1
Dark Magic Curtain x2
Lightning Vortex x1
Polymerization x2
Soul Taker x1
Summoner's Art x2
Swords of Revealing Light x2
Thousand Knives x1
Yami x1

>traps
Call of the Haunted x1
Magic Cylinder x1
Mirror Force x1
Shadow Spell x1
Soul Resurrection x1
>>
>>49867336
>not a lot of people use pendulums
Until last month, literally every deck since January was a Pendulum deck. Your locals are either shit or you're playing casuals with limited card pools. This isn't bad on its own, but your information is clearly limited.
>oracle mahad is good
It's playable if you're on a budget but it's garbage if you're not. If you're on a budget, you can't afford 3 copies of the card you NEED at 3. Mahad requires too much setup to use consistently, and you're already running on limited deck space.
>>
>>49867390
So essentially I (>>49867279
>>49867356) am pretty fucked without quite a bit of research first and my current cards are kinda useless.. That's really disappointing to hear.
>>
>>49867356
>SEVEN (7) monsters that require tributes (most requiring multiple) with only 14 monsters that can be tributed.
>Buster Blader in any deck that isn't one specifically built around him.
>Normal monsters in any deck that isn't specifically built around them.
>Curtain ever.
>Worse Raigeki when Raigeki is at 1.
>Yami
No you stop that right now.
>>
>>49867464
Well how about some pointers then? I just play on my phone and usually win with that deck. Maybe some cards suggested to replace? Oh and the only normal monster I have that the deck isn't built around is Jerry Bean Man, which I only added to get around this level card that has been used on me a lot lately "Burden of the Mighty"
>>
>>49867431
Tournaments are for rich people. If you wanted to be a budget player and win tournaments, you just missed Monarch meta by a few months.

We're in a golden age of Casual play where you can build a huge variety of good, solid casual decks for $10-20, but if you want to play competitive you're looking at a hefty buy-in for your staples and key cards.

Look into Cubics and Flower Cardians. Both can be built in full (including ED) for less than $10 ($15-20 if you also want sleeves).

If you're working with older card pools, hunt down as many copies of Waboku you can find in your collection. A lot of shit nowadays shuts down stuff that targets it or turns off your cards in the BP, but Waboku can be activated at any time during the turn to basically tell your opponent's BP to fuck right off. Most competitive players also won't have any real response, either, since they're either looking to negate your summons or stop you from getting rid of their shit, which Waboku does neither.
>>
>>49867497
Just decided to be more responsive about why I chose these things.

>SEVEN (7) monsters that require tributes (most requiring multiple) with only 14 monsters that can be tributed.
5 of them I never summon via tributes since card effects from a decent chunk of my deck special summon them
>Buster Blader in any deck that isn't one specifically built around him.
The goal is for Dark Paladin, which I generally don't need to summon him for
>Normal monsters in any deck that isn't specifically built around them.
Already answered
>Curtain ever.
It's a good emergency trick to use cards like Thousand Knives and Dark Magic Attack if necessary
>Worse Raigeki when Raigeki is at 1.
I don't have Raigeki
>Yami
This one I honestly just liked the overall bonus since most of my deck benefits and it allowed me to get rid of the field cards the COMs always end up using.
>>
>>49867535
I mean, I mostly plan to play on the casual days anyways. I'm not looking to do any real damage on the tournament scene. Just want to make some friends, play Yugioh with them and maybe learn more that way and then see where it goes. I just don't know that I'm ready to start buying cards again (at least a lot of them) so I kinda just want to feel the waters first with what I have, if that makes sense.
>>
>>49867497
Cut Buster Blader. King of the Swamp can fill his role just fine, and you're not guaranteed to be up against Dragons, making Blader effectively useless. He's also a high-risk of being a hand clog if you open with more than one and no way to use him (which you should assume will be ALWAYS since Murphy's Law goes double in card games).

>>49867557
You can get around Burden with literally any Xyz Monster. Since your deck is centered around DM, try Rank 7s. Big Eye is good. If you don't have R7s then my next suggestion is going to be to stop playing whatever old-ass game you're playing and get a newer game. YGOPro is a free simulator.

Curtain is honestly too limiting these days, since there's a dozen ways to shit DM on board without paying half of your LP AND shutting down every other summon for the turn. You're right in that it can be a good emergency card, but if you're playing casually, then you can't honestly AFFORD to be in an emergency. You have to come out swinging hard and fast because your opponents will not give you room for error.

>I don't have Raigeki
Carry on, then.

>I like Yami because it gets rid of field cards tha-
Whoa whoa whoa, hold up.

Stop right now and get a newer game. Fields haven't been exclusive for almost 3 years now.
>>
>>49867651
Thanks, I legit appreciate the effort that went into this post. I'll definitely make modifications in the direction you suggest.

As to fields not being exclusive, that's kinda crazy. The game I'm playing is Duel Generations for Android, which I figured was fairly up to date, but apparently not?
>>
>>49867682
YGOPro has an android version. The android version is about a year and a half out of date in the card pool and banlist departments, but it's using the current rules for the game and gives you every card up to late 2014 to work with, including some decent Pendulums that can help you learn the mechanic (and will also help your DM deck a ton). If you CAN, get the PC version, since it's 100% up to date down to the day.

Looking it up, Duel Generations is only about 4 years out of date (it cuts off its card pool just before Pendulums were introduced, along with the new rules about Turn 1 Drawing and Field Spells). You're still missing out on a huge chunk of the game, though.

>>49867646
Well, in general you want to be able to apply tournament deckbuilding and play logic to a casual deck, even if you're only playing casually. This way, you can make the best deck possible while still focusing on the fun aspect.

Here's some tips on that:
>Try to stay as absolutely close to 40 cards as possible. Some decks can get away with as many as 45-50 cards, but you should always try to be as close to 40 as you can get.
>Keep your ratios solid. Only run a card at 3 if you ALWAYS want to have it, run a card at 2 if it's usually a good thing to have around, and run a card at 1 if you can think of situations where it would be good, but groan when you open 2 or more of it. You will always open 2 or more of it.
>Keep your "situational" cards and plays to a minimum. You do not need Dragon Capture Jar. You do not need System Down. You do not need 3 copies of Hand Destruction when you only want to discard two specific cards in your deck.
>On that note, be able to identify your key cards and your opponent's key cards quickly in a game. A deck you've never seen before will have an advantage over you, so you need to be able to go "that card looks important so I should try to keep that shit the hell outta here". Being able to identify your key cards will also help you protect them.
>>
>IT'S ALL BUDGET SCRUB PLAYER IN HERE!!
>>
File: Mancala 2016.png (228KB, 491x395px)
Mancala 2016.png
228KB, 491x395px
Here's an updated version of the Spell Counter deck. It does alright, but Breaker only triggering on Normal Summon kinda kills it since the deck is still really reliant on that Normal Summon.
>>
>>49867858
I mean, I'm not really on a budget. I just don't want to spend just yet. If I give this a shot and like what Yugioh is today, I'll buy away. Just not ready to commit just yet. As to being a scrub, I haven't really played since I was a kid outside of an outdated android game, so yes, I apologize.
>>
>>49867932
The game's a lot faster nowadays, even faster than ZeXal era tried to make it. Pendulums can be melded into most of the older decks to give them new life, and can pick up the pace of any decks you've been worried about being too slow.

Just be forewarned: if you end up liking pendulums, and you mainly play in a group that doesn't play with them, you're either going to make a bunch of people hate you or you're going to start an arms race.
>>
>>49867932
Shit, now i feel like a bully.

Mah nigga, yugioh right now is at a point wether you fucking love it, or hate it, no in between.

The ban lists are hella harsher and it's expensive, you might have one good format, and next format you wanna quit.

You really gotta think if you can commit to this hobby and practically not have other interests, cause a good meta deck runs around 400 to 500 dollars, main, side and extra, i mean, most run three copies of pot of desires, at 75 dollar a card.
>>
File: 2016-10-20.png (1MB, 1366x768px)
2016-10-20.png
1MB, 1366x768px
Blackwings stronk with dark illusions >>49868110
pod goes for like 90 now
>>
File: 2016-10-20 (1).png (1MB, 1366x768px)
2016-10-20 (1).png
1MB, 1366x768px
>>49868200
i also run monarchs
>>
I've never understood if I could use more than one double summon per turn to norm. summon four monsters at once.
>>
>>49867390
>Until last month, literally every deck since January was a Pendulum deck
You forgot about El Donte
>>
>>49868235
Fuck Shin Megami Rank 3: Nocturne Featuring Dante From the Devil May Cry series. It's a deck that should've died last year, yet TCG keeps wanking it like a swollen member that's long given its last.

>>49868223
You can't, because Double Summon specifically states you can only gain its effect once per turn.
>>
>>49868216
>>49868200

Why are you doing this to yourself?

On another topic, last night i was going to buy the three POD but chickened out, they were at $75. now i regret my decision.
>>
>>49868267
>>49868200
PoD is a meme and you can run decks just fine without it, anyway, even in competitive.
>>
>>49868251
>Fuck Shin Megami Rank 3: Nocturne Featuring Dante From the Devil May Cry series.
I started siding Shadow Imprisoning mirrors. If I dont get twin twistered turn 1, my opponent cries.
>>
>>49868267
It will get reprinted eventually
>>
>>49868251
Nu-uh
>you can conduct two normal summons/sets this turn, not just one
Doesn't specifically state "one per turn"
>>
>>49868274
I thought the same as you, for i too was a savage.

Then i proxied the cards, and man, you would think they didn't, that the cost is to fucking high, what would happen if i milled what i needed? but really, every time i resolved it, i won, bottom line.

Which is also why most tournament winner at the last ARG and YCS had the card in their decks, at the very least two.

Drawing two cards is just to big in this format.

>>49868287

Sure, but i want them now.
>>
>>49868314
>You can preform two summons not just one
Ok. You activate double summon. Normal summon two monsters. Activate another double summon. You cannot normal summon more because it doesnt say you gain additional summons. It says you can summon up to two.
>>
>>49868379
I'd imagine it could be debated because it doesn't say I don't gain an additional two summons either.
>>
File: OCG2016103.jpg (76KB, 600x450px)
OCG2016103.jpg
76KB, 600x450px
These are topping in the OCG right now, you could save up and start building for the next fromat.
>>
>>49866629
>no panther shark
why?
>>
>>49868418
really? panther shark?
how about atlanteans or mermails?
>>
>>49868399
It cant be debated. There is an official ruling. Also the way the carded is worded while not clear, explains its intended use.
>it doesnt say I cant.
I guess I could just put a blue eyes on the field. It doesnt say I cant.
>>
>>49868443
Well I seen eagle shark and thought that panther shark is a support for eagle and the guy has some mermail stuff in there
>>
File: ok.jpg (13KB, 375x305px)
ok.jpg
13KB, 375x305px
>>49868449
ok, calm down there Kaiba
>>
>>49868267
why am i doing what? blackwings and monarchs are pretty good
>hurr durr but they got hit, they're dead
no they're not, as long as i have domain and march shit is cash
>>
>>49868479
I am calm. Reading the card and knowing basic rules isnt that hard. Understanding them can be. I remember being really ass mad about machina fortress a long time ago because of his effect. I read it but didnt understand why he could summon himself whilst being the cost to summon himself. Understanding these strange loopholes wins games and its important you learn to use them to your advantage.
>>
>>49868520
nigga you running to many of the wrong monarchs, where's vanities fiend, where's mithra or the quantums or gofu, which gives you two tokens for kuraz fodder? you need to special summon something to tribute and not spend your normal summon. otherwise you're building a brick factory

Blackwings are pretty good, i'll give you that.
>>
>>49868555
Still it would be nice two set two penguin soldiers and two flip/destroy cards in one turn
>>
>>49868479

not the guy debating with you, bout you are flat out wrong, listen to Kaiba.
>>
>>49868033
Ehhh you're wrong to be completely honest, the only bull shit pendulums were PePe (Turbo-Towers was also kind of shitty to play against, but assuming you disrupted their play they lost) and that was only the fault of plushfire being actually autistic
>>
>>>/tg/
Proves yet again they know literally fuck all about higher echelons of play in Yu-Gi-Oh just based off of the lists here. Thanks guys that gave advice you all understand basic deck building
>>
>>49868631
not the guy you are responding to.

watch the latest ARG series event, top 32 had more pendulums than any other deck
>>
>>49868598
Shallow grave + Book of Taiyou
Slightly better combo because of speed. Setting a monster and waiting till your turn or for your opponent to attack when you want to be active isnt great.
>>
>>49868661
This guy is 100% right.
>>
>>49868677
Damn, i'm going to need more cash with all these edits I have to make.
>>
Fuck Molmorat. Literally the most degenerate card in the game right now.
>>
>>49868735
Agreed
>>
>>49868594
vanitys has 1200 defense which makes it uerless to alot of monarch card effects, i will however check out your strat, seems decent enough
>>
>>49868735
Invoker is climbing, going to end up a $100 card.
>>
>>49868702
Honestly go to /dng/ on /vg/. Download ygopro from the link in the op. Talk to other shitters about memes and decks and they will likely help you out. Dont buy anything till you feel comfortable with the deck you have on ygopro. It will save you money this .
>>
>>49868749

You would be surprised how many times you draw it in your first hand.
>>
>>49868765
I'll even do this
>>>/vg/157894646

and

YGOPro (Windows): https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0B6B7GsCVf45zRUZnVHJid0N0eHc&export=download
YGOPro (Mac): https://mega.nz/#!fREAVBwZ!cOQG_5oHFKgjfwz4dVUtAW88w9gqRrvWyeFZ7zI_bVM
http://www.ygopro.co/Forum/tabid/95/g/posts/t/23339/The-Ultimate-HQ-Card-Project (High Quality YGOPro images)
>>
>>49868765
>he doesn't speculate that I already posses devpro
I have the sim I just didn't know such card existed because I'm a casual player that blows a few bucks on dollar packs for fun
>>
would soul exchange and stormforth stack?
>>
>>49868832
Those cards arent great honestly. If your playing casually with friends theyre fine but dont be expecting to be beating bigger stuff with it. If you want good value for your money in yugioh structure decks are the way to go. ABC is a new thing coming out in a few days and its expected to shift the meta. Its a structure deck (you would have to buy 3 though). The yugi/kaiba/joey decks also came out recently and they have alot of cards for what youre paying. Also if you go to a local tourny someone is bound to want some of the dark magician or red eyes stuff you get out of it.
>>
>>49868876
Stormforth works for teh rest of the turn, it's not automatic, you activate it an use it on main pahse 2.

So i guess you could activate stromforth, and the soul exchange, to tribute one monster and then another.
>>
>>49868876
I believe with each other they would yes. However after soul exchange resolves you have to tribute summon so you cant use multiples. Stormforth is a once per turn.
>>
>muh budget
Just build Kozmos, it's your best budget option, and thanks to koa's bullshit, will always be good. It doesn't need an extra and can be built upon with more money/trades. And eventually build up an extra too.
>>
come join the official dng discord

https://discord.gg/DfeaX
>>
Well, this place did.

I know how to fix this.

Post cardfus.
>>
>>49868200
Not bad, only thing i can really suggest is max out twin twisters. Consider running master key beetle which can auto win with vanity emptiness. Trishula is rare to go into but is a gamechanger in itself on the offchance
Thread posts: 75
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.