[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dick Moves?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 4

File: sword girl.jpg (59KB, 850x599px) Image search: [Google]
sword girl.jpg
59KB, 850x599px
This is an odd subcategory of 'That Guy'. Have you ever seen PCs who make deliberately undermining decisions, even though they could've picked an alternative that would help the party better? Because I have one.

We're playing a fantasy version of the Kerebos Club, using the One Roll Engine. The idea is that we're all Strangers, people with unusual abilities (i.e. magic, mutations) that function as a kind of adventuring party under the larger aegis of the Order, which collects 'unusuals'.

One of the PCs is a magic sword, a maiden who's bound to a ancient blade. This isn't the problem you'd think, mechanically, because she can spend Willpower to manifest and most of the time she's being carried around and working with the party anyway. She's wielded by another PC, who found her inside an old tomb. The two are very close, and have Convictions (they're how you regain Willpower) for each other.

Of course, her overriding motivation is to get a new body for herself. After a long series of adventures, this comes to pass and she's reborn. When she returns to her PC wielder's home, she says that she's going to be staying with his family from now on.

As his new stepmother.

Turns out, all the time, she was having a clandestine affair with the PC's father (using her Manifest power) while leading the PC on. Now she had a body, she was going to marry his dad.

Obviously there was all kinds of drama after this and the other PC quit in a huff. There's nothing 'illegal' or antisocial about doing this, but the PC clearly knew that this would upset the other player and yet did it anyway. Like, it ruined a perfectly good story and made it far more unpleasant.

Does anyone else have stories like that?
>>
>>49833739

No-one is entitled to a waifu.
>>
File: Dissapointment sets in.gif (1MB, 478x360px) Image search: [Google]
Dissapointment sets in.gif
1MB, 478x360px
>>49833739
I came here expecting an actual topic, instead I got some retarded ass magical realm about swordwaifus. 0/10 topic.
>>
I feel it's a little mean spirited, it would take a serious autist not to get that the other person would find that upsetting. The question then is whether it was intentionally to piss of the player or they got super caught up in the SUPER COOL TWIST that they just didn't give a shit.
>>
>>49834023

It was clearly, 100% done on purpose. The PC teased a romantic relationship while fucking the other guy's father. I am in awe of the sheer spite involved in that decision.
>>
>>49833739

That's actually hilarious.
>>
>>49834125

You have to be a complete sociopath to do that, or a woman. So it's obviously appropriate to the character.

OP, your mistake was expecting a pure maiden instead of a typical twofced whore.
>>
>>49834193
>His paranoia is limited to women
Nigga, you dumb.
>>
>>49833739
Here's a few dick moves:
Penetration
Thrust
Hump
Rub
Slap
Fire the torpedoes
Release the River
The dip
Helicopter
Ultimate Tornado Blaster
Unwarranted Entry
And the /tg/ special: Hide in Plain Sight
>>
>>49833739

Why was she attracted to the PC's dad, anyway?
>>
>>49834193
>complete sociopath
>or a woman

Whats the difference?
>>
So the player lived at some elaborate cuckold fantasy at the expensive of everyone at the table?
you should kill them in real life.
>>
>>49834007
post the reverse one
>>
>>49834125
Was there an actual reason to spite the player, or was the sword player just being a cunt for the sake of it. Either way, this sounds like something that would end up on the Fantasy equivalent of Jerry Springer.
>>
>>49834928

I don't know. He was kind of a dick, since he'd made his fortune looting and plundering on the Crusades. He had a Stranger power of igniting any weapon he touched, and formerly stormed into battle with a flaming axe.
>>
>>49835157

Frankly, I think she found the other PC a bit boring and clingy.
>>
>>49835189

>I don't know, except for this particularly interesting traits
>>
>>49835189
>she just liked how he made her all hot and bothered
>>
>>49833739
What kind of glass skinned faggot do you have to be for you to leave a game because your pretend girlfriend broke up with you?
>>
>>49835313

Obviously he had character, but he was kind of a boor. The PC was more of a chivalrous knight and could conjure hard-light constructs, but his father was mostly resting on his laurels telling old stories of butchery and plunder.
>>
File: BbgL7x3.gif (5MB, 600x333px) Image search: [Google]
BbgL7x3.gif
5MB, 600x333px
>>49835351
>>
>>49835456

Sounds like a typical PC.
>>
File: sleves.jpg (76KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
sleves.jpg
76KB, 640x640px
>>49835351
>>
>>49835011
Sometimes a psychopath accomplishes things because it pleases them. No woman has ever accomplished anything.
>>
>>49835795
+1
>>
>>49835795
+r9001
>>
>>49835473

Well, dad sounds like he's more fun to be around.
>>
>>49833739
Is it just me or is this cleverly disguised copy pasta? This sounds strikingly familiar to the story about a 'maiden' bound to a 'weapon' who forms a strong bond to another 'sensitive character', and after many quests together, one of the players manages to redeem her body. The newly realized maiden then completely throws away the 'sensitive character' in a huff and starts fucking literally anybody else... because reasons.
>>
>>49836542

That was a staff, and the girl was an NPC. Strange minds think alike.
>>
>>49836542
That is true, and you can find something in the sup/tg/ archives about that. Don't exactly recall where and don't care enough to search. However, this has popped up here and there over the last week or so; it might be something that actually happened recently.

Tell ya what, if I were the cucked PC, I'd do a face-turn heel and kill the both of them, kinslaying taboo be damned. No chance, no mercy, no taunts while they can still effectively resist, just a stab in the back and dismemberment. "Well shit, I don't get my happy ending? Alright, you get a bloodsoaked ending. Happy now? Cuz I'm not but we don't always get what we want, do we." And then melt that sword to slag just to be sure. Yeah, the character probably becomes an npc because there's no way the rest of the group will adventure with him after that, but getting revenge beats ragequitting.
>>
>>49836733

Isn't that overreacting? The girl was never his lover. Also, she's his stepmother now.
>>
>>49836733
Yeah this for sure. He can't just take this lying down, what kinda lily livered git do they take him for. When life gives you lemons, squeeze the lemon juice out in life's eyes!
>>
OP, you gotta give cucked PC a path to the dark side. Maybe a chance at revenge at the cost of losing the ability to use the character as a player-character. This is just too sad of an ending.
>>
>>49836882

I'm not the DM. I was a guy who could clone himself. The PC already left on a long overseas expedition, and the other one got married.
>>
>>49836935
Well what a shitty ending that leaves.
>>
>>49835189
Maybe the pc shouldnt be such a little bitch and man up for once in his life, if he was anything like his father, he wouldnt have had to worry about her cheating with the alpha
>>
>>49836542
Yeah there was a story about a pc getting cucked after another pc restored some mage's body after being trapped in a staff, and i mean literally cuckolded in game and then crying and leaving irl
>>
>>49836952

Sorry, but not all stories have a dramatic climax. The PC didn't want to continue playing. I have no personal stake in the matter, but I do think he was being a bit overdramatic.

At the same time it was kind of a dick move by the GM and the other PC.
>>
I played dnd 5e with a group of new players recently, one of them was told by a demon that he'd get untold riches if he cut a rope holding us all up on the side of a mountain, another pc yelled at him earlier that session, so he cut the rope and the demon killed him after telling him "untold riches await you in the afterlife"
>>
>>49836800
This. >>49836815

Or, to illustrate it in a more modern fashion:
>What does Marcellus Wallace look like?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_-wndK57Ls

Basically, sword spirit PC used other PC thoroughly and while she never outright promised anything apparently, it must have been hinted at in some fashion. In the heat of the moment, spouses get murdered over less. The justification for killing the father is a bit spottier, I think; basically he should've known better. What kind of father cockblocks his son that damn hard? The kind for which you don't feel the sort of familial love that would keep you from killing them, I should think. YMMV, but either way, in the heat of the moment, kin has slain kin over less.

I'm not saying for one moment the PC who's been rightly abused has earned anything, don't misunderstand me at all. The only way you 'earn' affection is in the most absolute Iron Age sense. He committed the greivous sin of falling for the crazy bitch. Mostly, I said I'd play my PC as I would is because I don't play terribly rational characters. I like playing Iron Age heroes who pay back insults in greivous wounds. I think most people would be broken beyond reason, civility, and ties of comradeship or kin by putting that much effort into someone else and then having it thrown in their face. If they're accustomed to violence, I wouldn't wager on everyone leaving that 'discussion' alive.
>>
>>49837223

You sound like a disruptive problem player.
>>
>>49837591
Not gonna lie, in some groups I am absolutely such. In others I fit right in, and not necessarily even groups filled with 'That Guy' players. I have more PCs turned to NPCs for unforgivable acts such as team-killing, kinslaying, 'failure to communicate', so forth and so on than anyone I know. Every so often I get an email from old DMs. "Hey, I need a good BBEG. You mind if I dust off one of your old characters?" I laugh and tell them they can do as they will, as long as they do the character proper justice.

A lot of people would read that confession and ask what the fuck is wrong with me. I gotta play my character, y'know? The character, as his own unique presence in his world, is diminished if he doesn't act as he would because of OOC concerns. That said, I have never failed to accept that there are consequences for such things both IC and OOC. I can't hold back from the obvious course of action for my characters; to do so diminishes them and doesn't do them justice. Likewise, I'm pretty understanding when other people do the same and target me. I understand, because I'd do the same. I'd never ask anyone else to diminish their character. Asking the sword PC to not do as she did would, if she had her reasons for it, be diminishing that character, as would asking my character, were he placed in the other PC's shoes, to not murder her.

For some groups, this works. For other groups, I get asked to not come back. All things aren't for all people.
>>
>>49834193
>>49835795
>>>/r9k/
go home
>>
>>49833739
I see two problems with this.

The first one is that you, as the DM, should have known about swordguy's intentions and, if you believed they would be too disrupting, you should have talked with him earlier.

The second problem is that the other player felt so assblasted that the left. I mean, the betrayal was a dick move, but it was in character, and it added drama in character. Immersion is great, but getting real feels from your pretend characters isn't very mature.
>>
>>49839356
I just read that OP is not The DM, so sorry for that. Your DM should have known, though.
>>
>>49839356

OP wasn't the DM. He is still a faggot, however.
>>
>>49833739
The two most likely situations that I can see are this:
Possibility number one: sword girl's player was trying to add drama to the game because they consider drama-filled stories to be excellent and they either forgot to make sure the other player was cool with it or assumed they would be and that the surprise factor would make it more enjoyable.

Possibility number two: sword girl's player is one of those people that just stirs shit up because they like to see people upset.

Try to figure out what specifically was going on there and then either tell the player in question to make sure any drama they try to stir up is cool with the players of any of the involved characters or kick them out, as appropriate.
>>
Why the hell would you get upset over that? I think it's hilarious.
>>
>>49834297
you forgot The Copenhagen Special.
>>
>>49840067
You'd have to be a waifufag to understand. So good on you.
>>
>>49840088
My favorite is the Rusty Venture.
>>
>>49840088
>>49840135
Back when I used to have sex my specialty was the old Frightened Weasel.

Of course, we never had all these fancy names for them so we just called it a broken cervix.
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.