[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

EDH/Commander general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 339
Thread images: 71

File: 40.jpg (46KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
40.jpg
46KB, 312x445px
Dirty Rotten Thieves edition

Old thread: >>49821138

RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
http://www.mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
http://www.tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the internet.
http://www.edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
http://manabasecrafter.com/

>CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
http://gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface
http://www.magiccards.info
>>
NEPHILIM LEGAL WHEN
>>
>>49832909
C16
>>
>>49833063
literally no
>>
>>49833091
>>49833063
EXPLAIN
>>
>>49833252
Nephilim will never be legendary
>>
>>49833272
one of the new commanders mite b.
>>
File: 1449876424199.jpg (10KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1449876424199.jpg
10KB, 250x250px
daily reminder
>>
File: ladies love fat asses.jpg (141KB, 1000x625px) Image search: [Google]
ladies love fat asses.jpg
141KB, 1000x625px
>tfw can't play any mono color commander because my group is too damn competitive for any besides daretti who I refuse to play

I just want to have fun again
>>
>>49833477
>mfw my old Opal-Eye Pariah voltron-pillowfort deck used to annoy my old college kitchen table group
Those were the days.
>>
>>49833301
>one of the new commanders might be legendary
Source?
>>
>>49833477
>Group was all about fun interactions and general fun
>Then someone came in and introduced Karador Karmic Reveillark loops,
>Then someone fighted it out with splinter twin combo
>Then someone wanted to keep the power level and came in with narset infinite turns
>Then someone wanted to stop everyone from comboing off every time and came in with Agustin all the counterspells
>Then all the theme commanders dissapeared and everything was win at all costs fuck everyone

Yep that was it
>>
>>49833438
Of what?
>>
My Queen Marchesa deck is pretty fun it turns out, I had fun handing a crown of doom out all day on Sunday.

Not sure If I'm digging the token theme all that much, I don't want to go full pillowfort because I find that approach boring but I think I can have some fun with stuff like aurification and friends.

Next part is working out how to win, one game I won by having Odric lunarch marshall out with Marchesa and Olivia Voldaren, so I might stick with the nobility and royal court/churchy theme too.
>>
>nigga plays karlov
>dominates the board state through easy and recursive exile. Makes the game fucking miserable
>lol you have to deal with him early
>next game, constantly counter a kill karlov so I can have a board presence, not above LDing the black sources
>OMG so unfair I can't even play the game

I hate commander that force you to either shut out a player entirely or get buttslammed, you don't win either way.

Thanks for reading my blog.
>>
>>49833477
My table goes through that cycle every year or so, with games becoming so awful everyone tears their decks down to a low power level.

And the cycle continues.
>>
>>49833569
lol no i mean one of the new commanders might b a Nephilim.

im banking on the non white one being ludavic. i love me some typical mad scientist shenanigans.
>>
>>49833680

>"you have to deal with him early" he says
>so unfair that you dealt with him early

Idk how so many people on /tg/ have stories of people being literally retarded

The only conclusion is that you're all either liars or retarded
>>
>>49833665

Do you have a list online? I am building a janky Marchesa deck with big goofy demons as wincons, but it feels like I will get so crsuhed.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/marchesa-edh-heep-help/
>>
>>49833680
He shouldn't whine at you cutting off his resources, but you guys also sound like you suck if Karlov is that oppressive to you.
>>
>>49833790
I think they don't understand that with strong commander it's really a zero-sum game between getting shut out or shutting out the rest of the table.

Especially when Karlov probably needs to be sniped 5-6 times before casting becomes an issue.
>>
>>49833756
Please type like someone with at least a modicum of intelligence. Jesus.
>>
>want to play stax
>playgroup are casuls and terrified of it

hurts a lot
>>
>>49833756
Jesus, this was horrifying to read.
>>
>>49833839
>You suck if you can't deal with Karlov

I hear the same shit from the animar guy in my group when someone runs any deck involving white or black.
>>
>>49834004
Yes that's an excellent analogy.
>>
>>49834079
>that's an excellent analogy

If you're a faggot who likes to complain when people use alternate methods to disrupt your plan, then yes it is.
>>
>>49833841

I mean according to you he literally said that he understands that
>>
Rate my Kaalia deck. Been building it for a long while now, just trading for stuff whenever I had the opportunity. I tried to balance casual fun and win-ability

>inb4 "durr hurr Kaalia"

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/the-ultimate-baby/
>>
>>49833680
>struggling with Karlov

What decks do the rest of you play?
>>
>>49833790
But anon, people in mtg generals are both retarded AND lying
>>
>>49834123
You've lost track of the conversation already, the dude was a faggot for whining about having his commander cockblocked, but it sounds like a bit of a faggot meta for struggling with Karlov.
>>
File: dat dey ole rafiq bby.jpg (35KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
dat dey ole rafiq bby.jpg
35KB, 223x310px
Commander rage stories
Dirty Rotten thieves edition no doubt

>At college
>Playing 5 person game
>I am playing voltron rafiq
>one opponent has thada
>I get a pretty good start my rafiq is protected and unblockable and i have sovereigns of lost alara out
>Thada player swings at me
>okay no problems here my library
>searchs and pulls out a card
>what did you get
>"I dont have to tell you"
>wat.jpg
>yeah you have to show me, how do i know you got a legal card
>"its legal i swear"
>yeah but you still have to reveal it
>everyone else looks at thada, "it says you don't have to reveal it, it just says exile it"
>plsendmenow.jpg
>tfw when everyone is wrong but you get ganged up on.
>okay fine whatever i dont care lets just keep going
>he never cast the card
>just stays face down
>gets back around to me
>swing at thada player because fuck that shit
>search my library from sovereigns
>"damn where is it, maybe its in my hand and i forgot"
>not in hand
>"what you looking for anon"
>eldrazi conscritpion man
>snickers
>Dont fucking tell me
>reach over for the exiled card
>He gets all pissy like a kid does when you try to take something away from them holding it high and away from you, pouty face and all
>snatch that shit quick
>motherfucking eldrazi conscription
>Bitch you cannot take this card. THIS is why you have to reveal
>murmurs something along the lines of mistaking it for an artifact/ thought thada could take artifact and enchantments or some shit
>scoop up my shit and 360 no scope out the game.

He knew what he was doing because he clearly made it apparent that he and everyone else knew what sovereigns did. fuck man
>>
>>49834588
>cheating this blatant
I would have been so assmad and made that guy to fuck off forever. Fuck that shit.
>>
>>49833588
He forgot. If only someone had reminded him.
>>
>>49834673
Heh.
>>
>>49834588

Honestly think you overreacted a little here, but it's hard to say cuz I wasn't there to see his mannerisms

If somebody is gonna cheat this clumsily and blatantly, it has to be a joke, and I get that you only get so many games but it's still a casual format and I would've tried to laugh it off
>>
File: silumgar.png (314KB, 701x274px) Image search: [Google]
silumgar.png
314KB, 701x274px
I was hoping to get some feedback/suggestions on my Silumgar EDH deck.
I like the idea of playing control but not combo.

http://decks.deckedbuilder.com/d/247715
>>
>>49834754
I dont think i overreacted. I was pretty calm even suggesting we continued, but when he got my card i was like real.

same dude who is like yo lemme borrow these cards for standard, then sells them to our shop owner
>>
>>49834807
>same dude who is like yo lemme borrow these cards for standard, then sells them to our shop owner

It sounds like you guys are to blame for hanging around this fuckhead.
>>
>>49833902
I play commander to have fun and drink with my mates

Stax prevents having fun

Therefore I don't like when people play Stax
>>
File: 017b - Rock Bottom (503).jpg (39KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
017b - Rock Bottom (503).jpg
39KB, 512x384px
>>49834384
I did lose track of it, I had a friend die laat week so to cope with it I'm shitposting
>>
C16 LEAKS WHEN!?
>>
>>49834858
But stax means you get to enjoy the fun for longer that's all
>>
>>49834857
i dont hang around them. they just play during their spare time. I try to do right by people and make their decks better and give them cards for whatever they need. but goddamn. magic players are shitty
>>
>>49834807
>yo lemme borrow these cards for standard, then sells them to our shop owner
I hope the store owner isn't a retard and has kicked him out of the store for theft.
>>
>>49834858
It sounds like you're having the wrong kind of fun. Stax players exist so everyone can enjoy the right kind of fun while shutting down nasty things like combos and card synergy.
>>
File: 1467045425538.jpg (2MB, 1325x1751px) Image search: [Google]
1467045425538.jpg
2MB, 1325x1751px
>>49834884
This True Color 4 Color Precons When?
>>
>>49834884
november
>>
>>49834922
You shut down combos with removal and counters, not LD and Orb effects
>>
>>49832901

>want to run rogue tribal for prowl shit like Notorious Throng
>Thadda is a rogue with evasion and another relevant creature type
>generates way too much hate
>cant even be mad because she deserves hate

Fuck everything.

The worst part is that there are no other good choices besides Edric, who generates more hate. Maybe Sigg, but he doesn't have build in evasion.
>>
>>49834588
>playing my General Tazri deck vs Meren, UG Ezuri and Olivia Voldaren
>game is going pretty badly for me, missed a few land drops before really getting anything on board
>Ezuri player passes with 4 lands up
>Meren player casts a Kokusho and then sacs it for the 6th experience counter and puts it back into play EOT
>Olivia player spends the turn pinging Meren to death and plays out a phyrexian arena
>I finally hit my 5th land drop and cast Tazri, because I need some goddamn allies
>Ezuri player casts mystic snake and counters my Tazri
>I just stare at him for a moment, then sigh and scoop my cards up
>Olivia player is staring at the Ezuri player and finally just says "what the fuck are you doing over there?" and just shakes his head

It pissed me off so much because he'd done sweet fuck all the entire game to distrupt the meren player who is sitting in the corner jerking off into their graveyard, then they just spazz out and don't bother even trying to counter the kokusho and instead waste it on my general who isn't all that threatening on a board with a lantern scout and 5 mana.

Usually my group just does one or two things that piss me off and I have to just find my inner peace.
>>
File: a3wwTe7.jpg (122KB, 706x460px) Image search: [Google]
a3wwTe7.jpg
122KB, 706x460px
>>49833477

>draft conspiracy 2 with six people
>ends up with one player killing themselves to kill another, making me the winner
>move on to EDH
>have 3 decks, win with all three
>build fourth deck, intentionally weaker than the others, no counterspells removal or board wipes
>still win in 5 player game
>ask to play someone elses deck, thinking I build my decks too strong for the group
>win again
>next week, change up my decks, keep bad hands
>keep winning
>playgroup is getting frustrated because I keep winning with the same shit
>we decide to play planechase
>first plane ends up letting me drop a consecrated sphinx turn one, next few planes place restrictions on attackers which end up protecting me
>by the time anyone can attack I have half my library in hand with reliquary tower
>win yet again

What am I supposed to do? I'm trying not to be a cunt here but it's like the universe is in favor of making me appear to be a cunt. Do I just throw games?
>>
>>49834588
>Playing Gisa against Abzan Anafenza and some RW deck
>I jokingly ask Anafenza player 'what are some of your favorite cards in that deck'
>He tells me
>I play Sadistic Sacrament kicked and get the cards he told me and random other threats
>He immediately scoops
Felt good.
>>
>>49835007
Maybe I'm just confused because the story wasn't clear the way you told it, but it seems to me like Olivia spent all of their mana on killing Meren, and Ezuri bluffed not having a counter so that he could have it for the aftermath and because he knew Olivia would deal with the problem. Which might be an annoying strategy, but it is a good one.
>>
File: image.jpg (48KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48KB, 223x310px
So. Does anyone else use budget wheel of fortune?
>>
>>49835113
I do for Nekusar
>>
>>49835091
A Meren player dumps a kokusho on the board with a sac outlet and you let it resolve? Hardly seems like a good strategy to give the meren player 15 life and the 6th experience counter needed to put it back into play EOT.
>>
>playing at lgs EDH night
>this night is the two headed giant night
>Me and another friend descide to be assholes and play our Sliver decks
>as you can imagine the hate we got was fierce however we are used to it
>one of the regulars is playing with A deck I dont recognize
>plays a never more and chooses Sliver Overlord
>His partner tutors for another nevermore and immediately plays it and chooses sliver legion
>next turn izzet team decides to windfall then reforge the soul
>Continental Drift is now faster than me and my partners decks
>eventually get snuffed out due to slow pace
Normally I understand the hate for sliver EDH decks however using nevermore just as a giant middle finger is just not fun.
>>
>>49835122
Yes, but Olivia literally killed the meren player.
No reason to deal with a threat that already has another solution, right?
>>
>>49833756
Who the fuck cares if the new legendaries are nephilim? Unless you want to do some obscure tribal garbage without support go ahead, but the creature type does not matter here, because wizards is not overhauling the supertype to legendary on non-legends.
Just because some people cry about it, it's not really something they can nor should do. If you want to run them so much, just fucking build a deck after asking if it's okay to run one.
It's not hard, but then again, your text implies that you might be in fact retarded. Just like everyone else crying about nephilim and claiming about at least one card in every set that it will be banned.
In Kaladesh it was water tower and harmonica.
>>
>>49835122
>Trinket Mage
>Relic of Progenitus
>Exile Kokusho
or
>Demonic Tutor
>Leyline of the Void

Meren is easy to deal with if you play GY
>>
>>49835149
GY hate*
>>
File: Big Pappa OG.jpg (29KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Big Pappa OG.jpg
29KB, 223x310px
>>49833477
If only you knew the power of the Green side.
>>
>>49835128
>Yes, but Olivia literally killed the meren player.

No, they killed the Meren you pleb.

Meren =/= Meren player.

The whole "some one else will deal with it" attitude is why I can crump entire tables with Xenagod, they only care when it's baying for their blood and by that point it's too late.

>>49835149
Follow the whole post chain, I'm not complaining about Meren (I play her myself) , but rather another players shitty play.
>>
>>49835113
Sure do. Card is great with Feldon
>>
>>49833665

>Build Queen Marchesa
>make it Mardu Superfriends
>also voltron because of shit like Ajani and Elspeth
>Also tokens because of Ally Gideon, Sorins, and Elspeth
>play it over the weekend
>end up with 3 LoI Sorin emblems and 3 Ally Gideon emblems thanks to Rings of Brighthearth
>get 7/4 assassins from not having monarch

That was a fun game.
>>
File: I enjoy red.jpg (1MB, 2360x684px) Image search: [Google]
I enjoy red.jpg
1MB, 2360x684px
P O S T E M B O Y S
O
S
T
E
M
>>
>>49835196
You're making me sad I traded away my Rings of brighthearth now, I have a set foil Lord of Innistrad and Liliana Vess in my Marchesa deck already....
>>
>>49835196
List.
>>
>>49835174
You say he made a bad play but I would counter Tazri as well. ETB triggers are stupid strong in EDH if you don't have a Torpor Orb. I have 9 decks and only 3 Torpor Orbs while I have at least one GY hate card in every deck. Tazri is Tier 0 while Meren is Tier 1 at best and Tier 3 when you have GY removal
>>
>>49835196
That sounds extremely rad

Please post list
>>
File: laughing saurian girls.jpg (136KB, 681x535px) Image search: [Google]
laughing saurian girls.jpg
136KB, 681x535px
>>49835174
So Ezuri the card was the one bluffing about having a counter?
>>
>>49835196
Rings of Brighthearth doesn't get you extra loyalty counters you know. Adding loyalty (or subtracting it) to the planeswalker is part of the cost for the ability, and rings of brighthearth let's you copy the ability, not the cost.
>>
File: cmmd2.png (701KB, 1286x406px) Image search: [Google]
cmmd2.png
701KB, 1286x406px
>>49835206
Trying to build 5c slivers next.
>>
>>49835068
>100% Sphinx Consentrate
>weak
There's a reason why it's like 20+ dollas. Want to gimp yourself? Drop the expensive cards and big card draws.
>>
>>49835266
No one ever mentioned getting extra loyalty you drooling faggot.
>>
>>49835068
>drop a consecrated sphinx turn one
>GUYS HOW DO I NOT BE A DICKASS
>>
File: swells.png (196KB, 602x683px) Image search: [Google]
swells.png
196KB, 602x683px
>>49835259
Yes, why do you think he's got a bad case of "troll face"?
>>
>>49833582
You could try

Talking

Also, this process is natural.

Just get a deck or two for whatever power level you're interested in playing at.
>>
>>49835113
>Letting the rest of the table know they have a free refill in X turns
>>
>>49834773
Sorry anon. I was asking around a few a months ago too. Nobody really plays/cares about FRF Sil, so you wont get much help here.
>>
>>49834866
Sorry for your loss Anon.

F
>>
Is casting an enlightened tutor with sunforger a waste of time?
>>
>>49834588
I find, in situations like this, bringing up precedent helps. For example, there are many cards that specify "exile face down." If they try to say that it's supposed to say that, calmly pull out your phone, find the card in question on Gatherer, and find a card that proves that there is a difference in the wording.

Just because you know the rules and insist on playing by them does not make you a rules lawyer. This is doubly so in a game that is 75%-100% (depending on your outlook) rules. Providing you didn't act like a punk bitch, you absolutely did the right thing. Fuck cheating.
>>
>>49835266

I know. Sorin was out for awhile because no one could get through, but at the time, I only had one of his emblems. Gideon was in my GY after getting countered, and I used Profound Journey to bring him back and -4'd him. Next turn, rebound on Journey brings him back again, and I top deck Rings. Slam rings, -2 Sorin, copy, -4 Gideon, copy.

>>49835241
>>49835251

Don't have a list atm. I'd have to put it up on tapped, and I'm currently pooping at work.

>>49835221
That sucks. I got lucky a few years ago and found a bunch in bulk rare, like 6 of them. Unfortunately, I'm too nice of a guy and let him know, but he gave me 2(3?) at bulk price anyway.
>>
>>49835358
Give oath of Gideon a shot, you'd be surprised how much of a big deal the +1 starting loyalty is for some walkers.
>>
>>49835358
List the walkers then
>>
>>49834911
>Magic players are shitty

Brother, you ain't kidding. Why is that?
>>
File: Gay decks for babies.jpg (359KB, 1683x748px) Image search: [Google]
Gay decks for babies.jpg
359KB, 1683x748px
>>49835206
>>
>>49835126
Well, I doubt they were specifically hating on you.

Nevermore can target things other than sliver commanders you realize.
>>
File: Melek.jpg (35KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Melek.jpg
35KB, 223x310px
Posting Mine since am to lazy to make it in Gimp
>Momir Vig
GU Evolve with extra turns not very good but fun to pilot
>Marath
My kiddie gloves deck when playing against people new to EDH since I did gut and upgrade the prebuilt the main them is still timmy fatties
>Sliver Overlord
All sliver decks are the same minus I dont have legion or queen yet
>Karametra Godess Of Ramp
GW Humans and beast with a sprinkling of angels forces several board wipes with immediate soldier gen to smack people while they are still hurting from the wipe
>Melek Izzet Paragon
STOOOOOOORRRM & Chaos with cards like Warp World & Thieves Auction Imagine Planeschase but a Actual deck

By Far my favorite to play is the melek deck due to the fact most people will leave you alone which usually leads to a tefferis puzzlebox or a hivemind gettin played
>>
File: yeet.png (8MB, 2500x800px) Image search: [Google]
yeet.png
8MB, 2500x800px
>>49835206
>>
>>49834986

This

There's this weird delusional meme in these threads that stax is like a police deck somehow. Stax is just a cancerous ramp deck. Instead of ramping with land fetch into tooth and nail like a UG deck it ramps with mana rocks and sol lands into land destruction and lock pieces.
>>
>>49835376

I might, actually. I have Chandra and Liliana in right now, but I forgot Gideon added a loyalty.

>>49835383

Off the top of my head.
All 4 Sorins
WR Nahiri
Lili Vess and Last Hope
Elspeth KE and Suns Champ
Ajani Steadfast
Ally Gideon
Chandra Nalaar, Flamecaller, and ToD
ObNix black oath and reignited
Ugin

I need a Karn, Kaya, and RB Daretti. Maybe Goldmane and Caller.
>>
File: Phel.jpg (30KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Phel.jpg
30KB, 223x310px
>>49835472
oh also forgot building GWU Grouphug around Pheldagrif but it will be a couple of months before I finish it.
>>
File: cool commanders.png (2MB, 1248x889px) Image search: [Google]
cool commanders.png
2MB, 1248x889px
>>49835206
i'm a cool guy that plays cool cards
>>
>>49835472
Do you have the Karametra list handy? I've been building a similiar theme in new Sigarda and would love a list to compare to
>>
File: Commanders.png (429KB, 1197x369px) Image search: [Google]
Commanders.png
429KB, 1197x369px
>>49835206
Noyan Dar is on the sidelines until I amass the cash to splash on his ass so he ain't trash.
>>
>>49835472
>people leaving Melek alone
What kind of awful group leaves Melek alone?
>>
>>49835529
Unfortunatly no but it relvoles around ramping into a handful of x cost hydras that eventually get wiped inorder to pave the way for around 20 3/3 soldiers tokens that all enter attacking I suggest looking at tappedout and finding a budget kara deck most are very similar with only minor differences.
>>
>>49835521
Yknow Yasova looks pretty fun and different, do you run her often?

List pls
>>
MEMNARCH MUST DIE

AT
ALL
COSTS
>>
>>49835574
>Playgroup has a sliver EDH, A Colorless Kozilek, & a Sen triplets deck all at the same time
>I Play a Turn 4 furnace of wrath and instantly the 3 decks above are going at it with each other ignoring me
>turn 8 warp world and they all scoop in response
>>
>>49835582
No not often. She usually only comes out during multiplayer matches, because the guy I play 1v1 with cannot stand her, and outright refuses to play against her. My 1v1 winrate with her probably stands around 90%, but I think he's just bad and can't play around the deck.

Here's an old list, that I don't feel like updating. Just imagine a couple more ramp creatures and a lower curve.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/current-yasova-dragonclaw-1/
>>
File: 373589.hq.jpg (244KB, 480x680px) Image search: [Google]
373589.hq.jpg
244KB, 480x680px
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/15-12-15-erebos-edh/

What do you guys think of my mono black pox deck using yours truly?
>>
File: 1327818995415.jpg (45KB, 200x250px) Image search: [Google]
1327818995415.jpg
45KB, 200x250px
>>49835650
>>49835582
Forgot to mention, she's loads a fun. Probably one of my favorites to play next to Mishra.
>>
>>49835286

My hand was seven lands. I drew that and rolled chaos on the planar die, which let me place it. It sat there for more than 10 turns and no one dealt with it, even after I repeatedly tell people to kill it or I will keep getting card advantage. On one hand yeah, I did play it. On another, no one did anything about it for a ridiculously long time. No doom blade, terminate, dreadbore, oblivion ring...nothing.

>>49835272

I own very few cards that are in the $15 or higher range, and that is mostly because I bought them a long time ago. I got the cancer sphinx for 10 dollars. Your point still stands though, I might have to take out cards like that.
>>
File: commanderlist.png (2MB, 1260x2081px) Image search: [Google]
commanderlist.png
2MB, 1260x2081px
>>49835206
Took me a while to make
>>
>>49834588
exile is a public zone that everyone can see. Unless a card specifically says "exile this card face down" then everyone has the right to know what it is as it is public information. No card involving exile needs to say "reveal" because of this
>>
File: 1357585106870.gif (256KB, 360x310px) Image search: [Google]
1357585106870.gif
256KB, 360x310px
>Miracle Reforge the Soul off my draw
>Opponent tries to flash in Leovold
>Counterspell it
>Gets visibly upset and Remands the counterspell
>Swan Song
>Picks up his stuff and leaves

Why do people get so salty about stuff.
>>
>>49835819
>playing Remand in EDH

he's just reaaally bad at magic
>>
>>49835819

He is playing Leovold; what did you expect?
>>
>>49835819
>Opponent tries to flash in Leovold
From what?
>>
>>49835819
>Leovold player watching people having fun and being cucked out of being able to respond.

Serves them right, Leovold is a no fun commander, he just doesnt do anything on its own but reduces the fun out of the table.
>>
What's a fun budget edh deck I can put together?

Edric is appealing and so is a relentless rat one (probably balthor or some shit)

Not really looking for something with a competitive edge but more along the lines of fun. Anything that is asshole-ish is welcomed.
>>
>>49835868
Alchemist Refuge.
>>
>>49835868
Probably Leyline of Anticipation, Vedalken Orrery, or Teferi, Mage of Zhalfir.
>>
File: 1472089768954.jpg (13KB, 252x276px) Image search: [Google]
1472089768954.jpg
13KB, 252x276px
>>49835819
>that face when occasionally redirect or shunt a market festival to one of my lands from some timmy green player
>that sweet salt afterwards
>>
>>49835068
You are something very rare here. Good at magic.
>>
File: Image.png (129KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Image.png
129KB, 223x311px
>>49835890
Zada's effective on a budget, and a hell of a lot of fun.
>>
File: Commanders3.png (1MB, 1720x616px) Image search: [Google]
Commanders3.png
1MB, 1720x616px
>>49835206

I'm constantly building shitty decks, but these are the best among them.
>>
>>49835890
my suggestion is take a look at one of the precon commander decks with a tribal theme or synergy you like and gut all the shit out of it and rebuild it around the theme you want its cheap and gives you all the commander staples.
>>
So I went to my LGS to play EDH for the first time tonight. Is it normal for people to have so many tokens?
>>
>>49835970
depends on alot of things what was the decks commander or what were its colors?
>>
Freshly brewed, how's it look?

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/giants-in-the-playground-3/
>>
File: 1361819737912.jpg (166KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1361819737912.jpg
166KB, 600x600px
>>49835995
>That mana curve
>>
>>49835970
Sure, tokens generators are usually quite card draw efficient, many are enchantments which dodge most board wipes, and it's easy to combine them with ETB effects.

Plus they frequently scale up the longer the game goes on, or depending on how large your life/deck/graveyard/number of opponents are. They mesh exceptionally well with anthems and board-wipe combat tricks, and provide disposable blockers against your enemy's shit.

Of my 5 decks, my best 3 all use Tokens to great effect.
>>
How do you guys infiltrate an established playgroup when you don't know anyone in it? I feel weird asking to play with people I don't know.
>>
>>49835890
zedruu decks are usually pretty fun and cheap. the average "starter" deck usually costs like 100 dollars and you can always upgrade
>>
>>49836015
The idea of the deck is to either ramp into what I need or to cheat things onto the battlefield. Definitely not a fast deck but I could probably tweak that if I needed to.
>>
File: ss.jpg (8KB, 430x379px) Image search: [Google]
ss.jpg
8KB, 430x379px
>>49835995
>Average CMC 5.2
>>
>>49836033
I would say just go up with them and ask to play but I tried that tonight and it didn't work so well. I just felt awkward the whole time and didn't really have anything to talk about.Then again I might be autistic so you might have better luck.
>>
>>49836033
I just fucking ask.
At worst, your deck is either to shit, or too powerful for their meta.
At best, you make friends, enjoy yourself, and are welcomed back.
>>
>>49835995
>average converted of 5
Bruh
>>
File: Image.jpg (31KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
31KB, 223x310px
Anyone here play Pauper EDH? I was thinking of giving it a shot with this guy.
>>
>>49836033
Go up to them and watch/comment on their game in a lighthearted way, make jokes and seem interested in their decks. After that game finishes, ask to jump into the next one
>>
>>49836080
I tried that once, it was awkward for everyone and the Ghave player combo'd out on turn 5.

Another problem is I don't even know where people play EDH in this town. Like, 4 different LGS' have opened since then and people just scattered between them all.
>>
>>49836124
see
>>49835738

for my pauper decks
>>
>>49836138
Good advice, thanks anon. I'm moving states in a month so I'll give it a shot when I get up there :)
>>
>>49835738
Stormcrow Voltron seems like my kind of fun.
>>
File: 1328129684459.jpg (45KB, 600x602px) Image search: [Google]
1328129684459.jpg
45KB, 600x602px
>Gonti player starts with T0 Leyline
>against 3 graveyard decks
>draws immense hate immediately, gets removed within a turn around the table
>wonders why he was getting all the hate, we explain, still doesn't get it
>decides he's going to play kingmaker for the rest of the game
>>
File: Sedris-the-Traitor-King-General.jpg (109KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Sedris-the-Traitor-King-General.jpg
109KB, 800x600px
How is Sedris, the Traitor King as a general?

Does a Grixis graveyard deck measure up to Meren? Which is more fun for the pilot and the table?
>>
>>49836293
I feel like Meren would be more powerful but would get hated out.

My friend runs Sedris but she sucks at deck building, so its not super effective. Seems like it could be a lot of fun, though.
>>
>>49834884
http://markrosewater.tumblr.com/post/151366458638/forgive-my-impatience-and-excitement-but-when-can

Between the 21st and the 28th.
>>
>>49835995
>>49836041
Everyone's going a little overboard about it, but yeah, you should probably have a bit more ramp in there. I see you're going for a mostly creature deck, so I'd throw a Sakura-Tribe Elder and a BoP if you've got one. Gyre Sage wouldn't go amiss. I've had good times with Abundance, too.
>>
>>49835141
i aint crying, just speculatin'. having fun thinking what could be since we havent gotten word or leaks yet. and for the record, i dont even own any nephs i just think theyre neat. like how dwarves are a thing again and has a decent commander that curves the draw problem that rw has. you know they are gonna get even sicker tribal support and im hype even though i never gave two shits about dwarfs before kalidesh.
>>
>>49835738
Kytheon list? Your description has me engorged
>>
File: CrEap5IUsAAXqX8.jpg (47KB, 692x969px) Image search: [Google]
CrEap5IUsAAXqX8.jpg
47KB, 692x969px
>>49835995
>curves out at 5
>>
>>49835995
>fourty-fucking-five creatures
>thirty-fucking-six lands
>five-point-fucking-two average CMC
>>
>>49835919
This is what I was afraid of...
>>
File: download.jpg (10KB, 319x158px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
10KB, 319x158px
>>49835995
Congrats, you made /tg/ boil over
>>
File: commanders2.jpg (481KB, 1116x477px) Image search: [Google]
commanders2.jpg
481KB, 1116x477px
>>49835206
I'm scheming of building Gitrog next.
>>
>>49836528
cool image style, anon. Seems like cool decks, as well.
>>
>>49835927
Gwafa list pls
>>
Building sultai midrange leovold.

Get hated out because they think it's wheelovold
>>
>>49836566
I still need to playtest it and I am always finding cool new stuff to put in it. This is the third iteration of the deck but I think im getting closer to it's final form.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/18-11-14-gwafa-hazid/
>>
>>49836564
Thanks.

Each deck has its own main theme, but all of them (except Teysa which is my jankiest deck) has a subtheme of card drawing.
>>
>>49836528
Didn't Teysa have like super small tits back in ravnica wtf happened to her
>>
File: 134.jpg (73KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
134.jpg
73KB, 312x445px
>>49836607
She always had a big rack
>>
how can i abuse making a billion energy with harnessed energy and zada/mirrorwing/nephilim
>>
>>49836621
Those barely jut out. Dang remembering that old art she got a whole make over
>>
>>49836599
/10 what would you rate your fun factor piloting it and /10 how often do you win?
>>
>>49836625
harness lightning and anything that lets deal damage to a player based on how much damage you did else where or to a creatures controller
>>
>>49836674

Like I said, I haven't tried this version of the deck yet. The last version was probably 1 in 4 games, which I am okay with, but I'd say 7 or 8/10 for fun. I'm hoping this version will be better.

Sorry I can't give more insight into it yet.
>>
>>49836625
Dynavolt Tower
>>
>>49836736
>abuse
>1 bolt a turn
>>
>>49835206
>Gwafa dirty lawyer
Holy shit are you me? I have a deck that does the same thing.

I hope you've convinced your group to let you use Frankie Peanuts in the 99.
>>
>>49836783
just do aetherworks marvel and empty your entire deck on someone then
>>
File: the-gitrog-monster.jpg (349KB, 750x450px) Image search: [Google]
the-gitrog-monster.jpg
349KB, 750x450px
>>49835206
I'm to lazy to make an actual image, but here are my decks. I'm too poor to play EDH and I only one deck I own a physical copy of. The rest I play on Cockatrice.

>Gitgud Monster
Lifefromtheloam.dec. Draws on average 4 cards per turn mid-game. Wincon is Aggro when there's lots of counters and tokens. Worm Harvest x Mazirek OTP

>Prime Speaker Zegana
Degenerative card-draw combo. Maro creatures all over the fucking place. Should never, EVER win by dealing combat damage. If so, you're doing it wrong. The only deck I own a physical copy of.

>Selvala, Heart of the Wilds
This deck almost always has infinite mana by turn 5 or 6.

>Borborgymos Enraged
60 land deck. Enough said.

>Grenzo, Havoc Raiser
The only casual deck I happen to have made. Gobbo tribal. Lots and lots of tokens. Pure madness.
>>
>>49836625
By playing Standard
>>
File: Untitled-4.png (1MB, 1687x504px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-4.png
1MB, 1687x504px
>>49836816
Here you go anon.
>>
>>49836937
Thanks doc
>>
File: 1375110255500.jpg (28KB, 365x451px) Image search: [Google]
1375110255500.jpg
28KB, 365x451px
>all this fucking Gonti online
>>
File: average cmc 5.jpg (15KB, 281x350px) Image search: [Google]
average cmc 5.jpg
15KB, 281x350px
>>49835995
Too many creatures, your curve is very high as well
>>
>>49835845

The fuck are you talking about m8 the card is amazing
>>
>>49834588
I have players at my LGS that won't reveal what they bring to their hand from GY, because it doesn't say you have to reveal. I wish people understood what a public zone means.
>>
>>49837175
So tell them and cite the ruling
>>
File: Commander - Decks.jpg (508KB, 892x620px) Image search: [Google]
Commander - Decks.jpg
508KB, 892x620px
>>49835206
Main Theme
(Sub Theme)

I am looking forward to building a 4-color Commander as my next deck.
>>
>>49837026
What do you mean? On edhrec? Cockatrice?

I'm glad, I like gonti
>>
>>49837208
Yeah Cockatrice

Which is FUCKING AWFUL holy shit
>>
>>49837251
It's a little awkward, but it's not thatttttt bad

Nothing beats irl edh
>>
>>49837273
I know, I just like to get practice in between table sessions and try out new brews
>>
File: 1455946157772.gif (2MB, 220x186px) Image search: [Google]
1455946157772.gif
2MB, 220x186px
>>49835087
damn you to hell
>>
File: edhdecks.png (2MB, 1284x1311px) Image search: [Google]
edhdecks.png
2MB, 1284x1311px
>>49835206
I like to talk about my decks and no one cares to listen. I love my decks like children.
>>
>>49837200
I do, they still don't announce without prompting.
>>
>>49836293

I think Sedris the card is less powerful than meren, Sedris is more explosive but much more mana intensive, he's a little overcosted and even when he's in play you want a lot of mana rocks so you can unearth at least 3 times a turn in the mid-late game

However I think grixis has significant advantages over green black as a reanimator color combo. Looting effects in blue and red are really strong. Also blue and red have some really good etb creatures that are great to unearth like bogardan hellkite and Sphinx of uthuun

Here's my Sedris list if you wanna check it out

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/greatest-hits-remixed/
>>
I want to make a deck themed around righteousness. Minimizing shenanigans, keeping things fair, etc. Think cards like Grand Abolisher, Blood of the Martyr, Comeuppance, etc. And it cant be Lavinia/GAAVI/azorious. Who would be the best commander for this strategy?
>>
>>49837341
Krond

He is an avatar of relentless justice
>>
>>49837341
Why not Azorius? Afraid of the cops?
>>
>>49837341
competitive gaddock teeg hatebears is basically that
>>
>>49837122
Question, why not just play Arcane Denial?
Its probably better in every way.
Why not Mana Drain?
Cryptic Command?

Remand is probably only like... 15-20 on the list of counterspells playable in EDH, there are just so many better options printed.
>>
>>49837331

Thanks, the only thing that keeps me away from building Sedris are the lack of enchantment removal. I really don't want to run into the million pillowforts decks that are out there.
>>
File: Circu, Dimir Lobotomist_RAV.jpg (63KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Circu, Dimir Lobotomist_RAV.jpg
63KB, 312x445px
>>49837297
>Xenagos
>named SCUMFUCK

10/10

honestly though, I've heard circu ain't bad, even though he shouldn't work in edh, stackin an opponents library and bouncing things to top of library then exiling them is fun. I've heard of people wanting to do that with oona,but because of her reputation, gets hated off the board. So they use circu at the head instead, and run oona/ newlamog + friends.

Maybe processers too?
>>
>>49837483
lantern control.dec
>>
>>49837472

I disagree

What kind of question is "why not mana drain?" anyway? It's over $100

Arcane denial is good and I play it too but it's not like it's strictly better than remand by any means. Giving your opponent two cards is often going to be worse than letting them recast the spell you countered

You look at remand and think "well if i really needed to counter it the won't I be in trouble if they recast it?" But that's not what remand is for, remand is a tempo card and it excels at that; remanding somebody's commander and drawing a card is really strong

Not to mention all the other uses it has like bouncing your own spell that was targeted with a counterspell, or for storm purposes

It's certainly not as powerful as mana drain, counterspell, render silent, flusterstorm, force of will, forbid, or pact of negation

But I put it in the tier just below that with swan song, arcane denial, negate, hinder, etc

Most people can't afford all the top tier counterspells and remand is still worth considering even if you do have them, I would say it doesn't go in every deck
>>
>>49837483
Circu was super fun. My friends just learned to kill him fast so it got to a point where there was no reason to play him since I knew he'd die before my next turn.

Huge blast to play though. I liked using Dark Ritual to play something like Traumatize.
>>
>>49836293
Sedris is my best deck. I'd say it really comes down to your preference in beaters to recur.

Green gets you beasts and whatever. You also get dredge and all that goodness to fill up the graveyard.

red/blue you can have more creatures with flying and other types of evasion.

I regularly win with explosive turns where I unearth 6 or 7 dragons/sphinxes and fly for the win.

ETB creatures are key.
>>
Howdy folks. Quick question.
I want to make a "damage matters" deck. Do I pilot the deck with Gisela or Keranos? Gisela seems obvious, but has the Red/White problem of being Red/White, as well as being instantly targeted and being very obvious, whereas Keranos will be less obvious, but wont be as effective even if I get him hitting for 24 damage a bolt (Figuring christmas land being Furnace of Rath + Gratuitous Violence + Dictate of the Twin God's)

What is everyone else's thoughts on the subject?
>>
>>49837475

Yeah my deck struggles against torpor orb and rest in peace no doubt, but the good news is that in a 4+ player game, there's usually at least 1, often 2 other players who want torpor orb and rest in peace and humility to be gone

I would say ghostly prison and asceticism type stuff, typical pillow fort cards, are less of an issue though, because grixis has incredible board wipe options for hexproof and indestructible shenanigans, and costly prison is a nonissue for me because I win with damage triggers from Flayer of the hate bound and deadeye nav + bogardan hellkite a lot of the time
>>
File: I need a hobby.png (1MB, 2197x447px) Image search: [Google]
I need a hobby.png
1MB, 2197x447px
>>49835206
>>
File: 1475180002632.jpg (168KB, 1033x679px) Image search: [Google]
1475180002632.jpg
168KB, 1033x679px
>>49835521
>Yasova
>Zurgo
>Grenzo

Been trying to figure out what I want to do with Yasova for a while now, I run Grenz' myself, and Zurgo is waiting for silly Marchesa strats (involving the new Recruiter card, which can TOTALLY GO GRAB ZURGO.) It's a really gimmicky build that also runs Alesha and so many small creatures.

>>49837297
>SCUMFUCK
This image applies to you too. That's fucking glorious.
>>
>>49837570
I feel like you are forgetting that this is EDH. Against many people remand isn't a tempo tool unless you do it early as fuck, in which case you fucking played yourself because you messed up 2 peoples tempo in a 5 player game- yours and the guy whose shit you are remanding.

Your logic is flawless for 1v1, but if you want to talk about 1v1 EDH maybe you should go find the other 9 people in the world that somehow thought that it isn't a retarded format.

Also budget is a pretty bad reason to say one card is better than another card, remand is a 5$ card, sure mana drain is like 30-40 times more expensive, but if thats an argument than all you should be running is shitty $.10 counters.
>>
>>49837803
Man, Recruiter is never going sub-$10 is it?
>>
>>49837867
No it's great
>>
>>49837867
As someone who builds exclusively sub-100$ decks, I feel your pain. I feel it so much.

However, due to a lucky windfall, I'll be making some big purchases come commander season. I've got ~70 bucks on store credit alone, and I plan on going to reserve a commander or two as soon as spoilers start.
>>
>>49837867
You should honestly buy one now, the price is about as low as its going to get. They likely won't ever print it in a standard legal set so if it ever gets a reprint it will be in a new EMA/MMA.

You will kick yourself in 3 years when it is over 40$
>>
>>49837882
Guess I'll get one for Alesha. I wish Imperial wasn't disgustingly expensive either.

>Super low initial print run
>Never seen a proper reprint
>Not even on the RL
WHEN, WIZARDS

FUCKING WHEN WILL THE MADNESS STOP
>>
>>49837807

1v1 edh =\= French duel commander, idk why you're pretending it's strange for people to play 1v1 edh at all, sometimes I'm at an lgs and there's one guy there who wants to play edh and we have a good time

That's beside the point though, casting remand isn't necessarily messing up your own tempo, first of all, secondly 3 and 4 player games are more common than 5 player games for me anyway, thirdly not every 4-5 player game has everybody coming out the gates equally hard so often there's only one person whose tempo you wanted to mess with anyway

I never said remand is better than mana drain so idk why you're coming at me with that strawman, somebody claimed that running remand makes you "bad at magic" and I'm just contradicting that statement, budget is very relevant to that question because people can still be good at magic even if their deck has an expensive upgrade that would make the deck strictly better, whereas it's not relevant to the question of what counterspell is best
>>
>>49837570
In commander, though, Remand is not the same kind of tempo play as it is in Modern. As a counterspell it's pretty bad, and it only sees play in Modern to a) cycle and b) put your only opponent behind on board for a turn since most matches end before either player has >5 lands, so your opponent probably can't replay that card again on the same turn.
In Commander you have 3+ opponents, so setting one player behind a turn early only pisses that player off ("really? you remanded my rampant growth? Dick.") while doing nothing to the other two players, and late game even mono white decks have 10+ lands so it's effectively a cycle that can only work with a spell on the stack. Sure, a player may tap out for a huge play, but seeing a blue player with two open mana means they probably won't. The only reason Mana Tithe sees play, for instance, is because nobody expects the white deck to run it, but you should always respect the blue counterspell.

>B-But the cycling!
If you play blue, there are much better draw sources than a counterspell: Rhystic Study, Mystic Remora, Con Sphinx just to name a few; Fact or Fiction, Anticipate, and a million others if you really need instant draw, and of course you can play cards that ACTUALLY have cycling on them if you just want to pay 2 mana to replace a card in hand

This comes to the main reason Remand is bad in Commander: there are better options everywhere. Leaving up three mana isn't hard for blue decks in Commander, so things like Forbid, Void Shatter, Spell Crumple etc that are Counterspell + effect are better and much more playable. While the 2-drop counters are fewer, there are at the very least 4 or 5 that are better at that slot: Arcane Denial, Negate (most EDH bombs are noncreature), Counterspell, Disdainful Stroke, etc.

At 4+, an easy number of lands to leave untapped in EDH--though difficult to win counter wars with--counterspells are incredibly powerful. Overwhelming Denial, Cryptic Command, Summary Dismissal etc
>>
>>49837897
I do have a bunch of shit that I can (and probably should) sell off. It'd help me get money cards to really focus in on like 2 or 3 good decks. Do LGSes take bulk commons and the like? Where would be the best place to sell rares of like a $5-20 value range?
>>49837906
I will DO IT
>>
>>49834202
Looks alright. You have a lot of non-creature spells that revolves around killing stuff. You have more creatures than in my kaalia. You're missing Armageddon if you want people to hate you. Thanks for reminding me to update my kaalia. Thinking of making her dragon tribal since i got bored of the same build that people tend to use.
>>
>>49837955
I have no idea. If I'd sold my cards on my own, not to my LGS, I'd have been able to swing even more (30 + 90 instead of 20 + 70, roughly, for an Emmy and an Aether Vial), and as for commons, I have no idea.

If you're crafty, you can sell them by lot based on average price and make a slow killing, or find a place to dump them all at once at a somewhat cut rate and get your money then and there. No idea where bulk commons get sold unless you've got a big LGS that already does that.
>>
File: My EDH.png (993KB, 1060x900px) Image search: [Google]
My EDH.png
993KB, 1060x900px
>>49835206
>Narset: Stax/Extra Turns
>Cromat: 4 Color Bounce (No Black/New Commanders Now Plz)
>Jenera: Hatebears/Control
>Marath: Tokens/Superfriends
>Shu Yun: Punch Them or Drive Over Them
>>
>>49837941
> idk why you're pretending it's strange for people to play 1v1 edh at all, sometimes I'm at an lgs and there's one guy there who wants to play edh and we have a good time

I'm saying its strange to BUILD your deck for 1v1. Sure it might happen every once in a while, but if you build your deck for 1v1 and the other guy doesn't, you will probably stomp him. So in order to have entertaining 1v1 matches both parties need to bring a 1v1 EDH deck to the table and... well wow, what do you know, that means you would have to have a 1v1 meta on your hands, which like I said is pretty damn silly.

>somebody claimed that running remand makes you "bad at magic" and I'm just contradicting that statement, budget is very relevant to that question because people can still be good at magic even if their deck has an expensive upgrade that would make the deck strictly better, whereas it's not relevant to the question of what counterspell is best

While this is a fair argument, it completely negates the discussion of anyone being good or bad by virtue of card choice. If you were to say you don't spend money on singles and its only what you had lying around that goes in the deck, no card choice can really be good or bad.

While technically correct this argument largely invalidates discussion about the game, so I have to ask: What are you even doing on this chinese pictograph forum?
>>
>>49837952

The difference between holding up 2 mana and holding up 3 mana is huge, especially when it's 1U vs 1UU, I think remand is better than void shatter

I don't see how you can compare a card that just draws cards, like anticipate, to remand which bounces a spell AND draws a card

I've never once been unsatisfied by casting remand, getting tempo and cantripping.

I will say Disdainful stroke is a card I hadn't really considered much before, but might be better than remand, because it has the same nice mana cost, and is good against important spells

In my meta, every single mana counts, people win games and combo off using all their mana, if they didn't need 1-2 of the mana, they would've done it last turn. And the difference between being able to play a 4 drop with 6 mana and leave up remand and having to wait until next turn to play your 4 drop with void shatter up is massive
>>
>>49838079

It's not black and white, there's a sliding scale with mana drain and force of will at one end and "draft chaff I had lying around" at the other, I don't see why you're pretending there's nothing in between. You're the one who mentioned arcane denial in the first place when a super ultra optimal deck probably doesn't have room for a budget option like that
>>
>>49837732
Have you considered hokori in place of Cho manno
>>
>>49838103
I'm saying if you need a counterspell to draw a card then your deck is probably not as smooth as it could be. Leaving up anticipate/Brainstorm/whatever OR a counter is probably better, and bouncing a wincon to hand for one turn usually just means they cast it the next turn

In most cases, Disdainful Stroke, for instance, would be better, but the best counterspells depend on your deck and your meta, but in most cases Remand does the worst job of the possible choices. If they really do always tap out, then syncopate X=1 is better, for instance. I mean, just look at all the counterspells to choose from. Is Remand really the best option?
http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Search/Default.aspx?action=advanced&type=+[%22Instant%22]&cmc=+=[2]&text=+[counter]&color=+[U]
>>
What are good commanders for aan artifact deck or a spellslinger/storm deck?
>>
Pretend for a moment that the last time I cared about EDH is when PrimeTime was still legal, and even then I only put together a "well, I only have 1 of this expensive card in my binder, in it goes!" deck.

Any advice?
>>
>>49838294
Artifact:
Daretti, Tuktuk, Bosh (Mono-R)
Sydri, Shaarum (Esper)
King Macar, Geth (Mono-B)
Spellslinger/Storm:
Mizzix, Melek, Jori En (Izzet)
Narset, Shu Yun (Jeskai)
Noyan Dar, GAAIV (Azorius)

I probably missed a lot, these are just off the top of my head
>>
>>49838131
>It's not black and white, there's a sliding scale with mana drain and force of will at one end and "draft chaff I had lying around" at the other, I don't see why you're pretending there's nothing in between.

Oh I see how it is now. You are just basing this on your opinion, not what is logical. Price and availability either is an issue or it isn't, and it doesn't matter if they are 12 year old that only gets a few bucks in pocket money a month or an adult with plenty of disposable income. You can't suddenly decide what is fine and what isn't for other people based on your personal budget, otherwise I would be right and that would be the end of it.

>You're the one who mentioned arcane denial in the first place when a super ultra optimal deck probably doesn't have room for a budget option like that.

Ok, now its time for /edh/ to decide if I am trash or not, but I actually do have a Mana Drain, and while I had to think long and hard about whether to include it in the only deck that I have that runs blue, I wound up using Arcane Denial in its place, since I don't have that much use for colorless mana, and in multiplayer its usually better to not be down a card. I am also running cryptic over it instead, though thats more for its versatility than anything else.

I imagine it would always make the cut for an artifact based blue control deck though.

(And yes, for the record thats how low of an opinion I have of Remand in EDH, though you seem to be in a strange meta where it is hard to cobble together more than 3 people to play, making it a bit better)
>>
>>49838294
Spellslinger

Mizzix ,or be old fashioned and go melek
>>
>>49838270

Syncopate is only better if they actually tapped out, remand works if they used more than half their mana, and it also works if they needed to cast two spells together and don't have the mana to cast one of those twice

>usually just means they cast it next turn

This is a huge win in my book, I slowed them down a whole turn and drew a card

I can think of so many targets that are good to remand, just slowing them a turn is huge

Mana stuff:
Mirari's wake
Gilded lotus
Thran Dynamo

Stuff with tap abilities or that need to attack:
Captain sisay
Yisan
Arcum daggson
Brago

theres also the fact that many cards would be devastating if they get to resolve on an unsuspecting board but aren't that good if people know they are about to hit, like consecrated Sphinx for instance, remanding that is great, they almost never have the mana to recast it that turn and then the whole table knows they need to plan for connie, all while I draw a card

Anyway i think I've said my piece, thank you for turning me on to disdainful stroke, seems like a strong option, I just hope you consider remand in the future, it's been so good for me so many times
>>
>>49838374

>running arcane denial (or any other counter-spell, for that matter) over mana drain

This seems insane to me. I can't afford mana drain but I tested it on cockatrice in my ultra color heavy mono blue deck and I never once resolved mana drain without winning the game the turn after. It Instantly put me in the late game after I just countered somebody's spell in the early-midgame
>>
>>49838408
>This is a huge win in my book, I slowed them down a whole turn and drew a card

>I can think of so many targets that are good to remand, just slowing them a turn is huge

Wow, if just slowing them down a turn is huge, imagine what it would be like if you actually got rid of their spell, huh? Its got to be even huger. Double Huge? Maybe even triple huge!

Especially combos, I mean, if making them go off a whole turn late some of the time is so good, then could you imagine if you were actually able to dismantle the combo instead?

Too bad wizards never printed a single card that does that, I can't even imagine the value we would get out of something like that compared with remand.
>>
>>49838435
Ah, yeah, I would run it in mono blue.

But the deck is grixis and has a low curve and multiple mana symbols on most cards in the deck. Even if I only got like 5-6 mana from the thing I would probably run out of colored mana before I got to cast it all most of the time.
>>
>>49838480

But those spells don't draw a card and counter a spell for only 2 mana

It's like you think if you're enough of a smug cunt then all the times remand has contributed to me winning the game just won't exist anymore
>>
>>49838518
>But those spells don't draw a card and counter a spell for only 2 mana

Holy fuck you stupid nigger we have been mentioning Arcane Denial the whole damn time.
>>
>>49838480

None of the cards I listed were combo pieces, I don't think remand is ideal against combo pieces, it's good against value engines, especially commanders, because they can be recast anyway
>>
>>49834588
He exiled wrong, dont play with cheaters anon.
>>
>>49838548

And I acknowledged that this whole time, that's only 1 other card, and it has a relevant drawback
>>
File: Mangara.jpg (58KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Mangara.jpg
58KB, 312x445px
Help guys I'm kinda fixated on pic-related but I don't really want to just make a white blink/good-stuff.

What strategies are there with mono-white that isn't just the same old?
>>
File: Malfegor.jpg (33KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Malfegor.jpg
33KB, 223x310px
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/malfegor-edh-dankness/

I'm here to ask one question... how dank is too dank?
>>
>>49838574

How do you expect to do something unique and special that isn't just "the same old" if you aren't coming up with it on your own? Also don't understand why you want to build mangara but then not run the type of thing the synergizes with him, flickers, sac/reanimate, etc
>>
>>49838565
Maybe we should restart here. My original point was that there are probably 15 better counterspells than remand in EDH. There are several better options than remand at the same CMC (arcane denial and mana drain being the biggest niggas) and unless you somehow think that a counterspell is unplayable at 3 mana or more that number gets fuckhuge. Remand is not a good card in EDH. Its great in 1v1, but its actually negative tempo for you if you play with more than one person. You and another guy are set about a turn behind, while all the other motherfuckers get to do what they want. And if its a card that just fucks your gameplan (like GY hate in reanimator, wraths in tokens, arcane lab in combo, etc). Guess what, its still waiting for you when they untap, but a traditional counterspell would get rid of it.
>>
File: Commanders October 2016.png (2MB, 1568x930px) Image search: [Google]
Commanders October 2016.png
2MB, 1568x930px
>>49835206
Had another round with Wort last Sunday. Boundless Realms conspired is the truest path to victory.
>>
>>49835113
No, i use days undoing with flash like a real man
>>
File: Black.png (7MB, 2486x1332px) Image search: [Google]
Black.png
7MB, 2486x1332px
Let's guess each others commanders base on a card selection.
>>
>>49838613
Sorry meant like, I will run the blink package, but then it's like, all that's left is whatever creatures that have ETB effects in white.

It always ends up being sun titan/ wall of omens / ect.

What's an underused white archetype? lifegain?
>>
>>49838687
Anon, you're not playing your own game correctly. You already showed your commander: Cabal Coffers
>>
>>49838687
Ghoulcaller Gisa?
>>
File: 242052.jpg (41KB, 323x450px) Image search: [Google]
242052.jpg
41KB, 323x450px
>>49838612
Man, you're only moist/dank with that malfegor art

Step it up son, then come and roll with the big dogs
>>
>>49838687
Erebos
>>
>>49838646

I don't think 3 mana counterspells are unplayable but in my experience remand has been better for me than any 3 mana counter spell except forbid

You keep saying remand sets you a turn behind but it doesn't have to, that's what's so important about having the majority of your counterspells be 0-3, it makes it much more likely that you can advance your game plan and counter a thing in the same turn

Remand isn't for cards that fuck with your game plan, it's for slowing down your opponents game plan

Remand isn't bad in edh, and there aren't 15 counterspells better than it, also I don't think you can even rank counterspells because 4 mana added value counterspells are different, same with stuff like desertion

remand is good against commanders. You get to draw a card and they would've been able to recast it anyway
>>
>>49837297
seems like fun decks/10
>>
>>49838687
Literally any mono black deck
>>
>>49838712
>>49838748
This desu senpai.
>>
>>49838687
The vampire chick or the old guy with the hat from kamigawa
>>
>>49834858
Stax is fun tho.
Its like a puzzle you have to beat.
>>
>>49838702

Sure

Run some soul sisters and such
>>
>>49838702
>Lifegain
Darien is a Pillowfort/Soldier hybrid that uses Soul Sisters for lifegain. Janky as fuck but it's a fun deck to play.

>Reanimator
NuBruna opens up mono-white Reanimator now.
>>
File: decks_2.jpg (330KB, 1270x720px) Image search: [Google]
decks_2.jpg
330KB, 1270x720px
>>49835206
Worth to note, Ulrich and Scion are not done.
>>
File: YXO8PH6AY2-6.png (19KB, 300x250px) Image search: [Google]
YXO8PH6AY2-6.png
19KB, 300x250px
>>49835126
>a player using removal as intended is a "big middle finger"
>>
>>49837472
You remand your own spell dummy. Its only situationally that I remand my opponents spell.
>>
>>49838739
>You keep saying remand sets you a turn behind but it doesn't have to, that's what's so important about having the majority of your counterspells be 0-3, it makes it much more likely that you can advance your game plan and counter a thing in the same turn

It sets you behind during the turns that it is at its best. When you remand there 4 drop on turn 4 thats good, except it means you couldn't have played a 4 drop on turn 4 as well. Meanwhile the rest of the chucklefucks in the game got to cast their cool 4 drops.

And don't give me shit about how you have a billion great 2 drops in your deck that are somehow better than your opponents 4 drops. Shit looks even worse for you the earlier you play it.

So lets look at late game. Well, late game its fucking useless because they should have enough mana to recast the spell unless you hit the jackpot and nailed something like Genesis Wave or Exsanguinate. But late game means you could have some of the more expensive counterspells up easily. We don't need to really make a list of all the 3-4 CMC counterspells better than remand do we?

So when is it OK? Turns 5/6/7, opponents permitting (they may have a lot of low cost spells in their deck, if they were casting 3 drops on turns 6/7 for instance, you are putting yourself nearly as far behind as they are... but you still have more opponents).
None of this is taking into account turns you leave remand mana open but don't use it either, making the tempo loss more pronounced for you.

Once again, if you only have a 1v1 meta its fine. But its hard for this card to be good, every additional player in your games makes this card so much worse.
>>
File: albedo eyes.jpg (21KB, 480x235px) Image search: [Google]
albedo eyes.jpg
21KB, 480x235px
>>49838839
>Prossh
>>
>>49833839
I think most decks would have issue with easily-accessed recursive exile that can't be countered on a commander that needs to be killed 5-6 times before casting becomes difficult.
>>
>>49838687
flip lili
>>
>>49838894

>every multiplayer game every player has a 4 drop to play on 4 mana

No amount of theory craft is going to retroactively make all the value I've got off remand go away.

One time I drew remand when disdainful stroke would've been better though so thank you for reminding me that card exists, Ima think about finding a slot for it
>>
>>49838230
Oh hey no I haven't but it sounds like a fun idea. Cho-man was just something readily available and I built it in like an hour during FNM.
>>
>>49835602
>have goblin welder out
>exchange his memnarch with any other artifact you've blown up prior
>>
>>49838946
>every multiplayer game every player has a 4 drop to play on 4 mana
...Yes? If the opponents in your meta are so weak they have nothing relevant to play by turn 4 I don't think it matters too terribly what you run. Shit, I straight up feel bad for them for trying to recommend better cards to you. Try to help them tune up their decks or do something silly like putting a Chimney Imp in yours.

I did not think the differences in our metas were this vast.
>>
>>49839034

I shouldn't have persisted in this conversation for so long, it's all sarcastic straw men with you
>>
>>49839147
Legit no sarcasm anon.
If you would like you can describe your meta or something and maybe /edh/ will agree and say its on the weaker side of things. But typically people play something neat by turn 4 and I don't feel like that makes a deck super strong or anything... its just being able to play the game before turn 5?

This might be some sort of elaborate troll though, in which case 10/10, you got me.

Also I wasn't the only one telling you that Remand wasn't good, so maybe you think I am awful because one of them said something to offend you?
>>
File: Image (3).jpg (29KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image (3).jpg
29KB, 223x310px
>>49835330
Yes... they definitely get a refill... nothing is wrong. Nothing. At. All.
>>
>>49836015
>>49836047
>>49836082
>>49836424
>>49836448
>>49836459
>>49837111

Ahahaha, I wasn't even trying to meme, but I still got a good laugh outta the reactions.

>>49836378
Yea, I'm trying to strike a balance between "having enough ramp and mana to pay for things" and "having enough big d00ds".
>>
>>49839212

I believed you were sarcastic because I don't understand how somebody could misinterpret my post so hard like you are here

i never said anything about not having anything to play before turn 5, I was talking about how somebody might have 4 mana (on turn 2 or 3 even) but not play a 4 drop. People don't always have exact mana curves, sometimes they play a 3 drop with 4 mana, sometimes they play 2 2-drops, sometimes they miss one spot on the curve, like they had something for 3 mana and they played it but then the next thing they had was a 5 drop, sometimes they flood out, and sometimes they leave mana up to respond with counterspells or removal.

In a multiplayer game, the odds of every person having exactly a relevant 4 drop when they get to 4 mana is astronomically low

I can't believe I'm explaining this honestly

And yes you're not the only person in this thread to think remand is bad, but I'm also not the only person who thinks remand isn't bad. If you look on edhrec, remand is listed for lots of blue decks, 26% of Azami decks run remand, including me
>>
Are you dumb nignogs really arguing over remand? ive won so many games because of just remand saving my own shit and a recent 2 headed giant because i remanded a merciless eviction.
>>
Good luck next year.
>>
>>49839592
>The desire for a U/R artificer didn't reach that level of volume until we announced Kaladesh
wew Maro

wew
>>
>>49839592
And look how well that turned out with Ulrich...
>>
>>49838803
This, I love it when it when that happens. You have to work with your opponents to break the lock, but at the same time you don't want to give them too much of an advantage.
>>
>>49839592
Message recieved - literally never stop complaining before Wizards caves.
>>
>>49839592
im going to rip that dirty jew in half if i ever see him
>>
File: Image.ashx-2.png (132KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Image.ashx-2.png
132KB, 223x311px
>>49839370
A refill you say?
>>
>>49835068
I know this feeling. When it comes down to it even if the decks are the same tier some people are just better at Magic.

I play mono-blue Arcanis and I win often because people in my group really overestimate what I can do. No one attacks me because their scared of Aetherize effects, they won't target my shit because of counters and by the time they realise something needs to be done their all half dead and Cyclonic Rift takes the game.

I'm bad at deck building but I can play the game well.
>>
File: C16_SYMBOL.png (3KB, 80x60px) Image search: [Google]
C16_SYMBOL.png
3KB, 80x60px
So have we got any confirmed dates for Commander spoilers yet? Also I really like the set symbol
>>
File: Andrew and aleah.png (238KB, 480x355px) Image search: [Google]
Andrew and aleah.png
238KB, 480x355px
Gonna post mine, although I don't know how to put them in an image.

Prossh, skyraider of Kher
>Not scummy so I don't run perphuros Mostly going wide with huge token armies due to overwhelm/Coat of arms/Eldrazi monument. Some sacrifice funstuff for draw

Chainer, Dementia Dude
> Mostly just an insane commander for a black goodstuff deck that I desperately need to blow more money on. Maybe demon tribal?

Mazirek, Kraul Death Priest
>Pieces in the mail, just need to get them and make the deck
> One or two bullshit infinite combos, but the main idea is to clear the opponent's boardstate with sacrifice cards then swing in with huge token armies.
>>
>>49839954
I bought the last three commander cycles, but I'm really not sure about this one. It sounds like an experiment to prove that 4 colours can be done. They are probably just some wonky fun decks you take apart after two or three games. That's a load of money just for the handful of good cards that fit into other decks.
Spoilers traditionally start one week before release I think.
>>
File: 635032499920748104.jpg (281KB, 1201x873px) Image search: [Google]
635032499920748104.jpg
281KB, 1201x873px
>pic related
Stax/combo. Probably my least powerful deck.

>bug sidisy
4 horsemen combo

>teferi
Stax/control

>grenzo
Doomsday/worldgorger combo

>marath
Boonweaver/earth craft/food chain combo

Fuck anons. How can I play something other than stax and combo if it doesn't win? Aren't there any cool commanders out there that can consistently win in an competitive meta?
>>
Is Purphoros too strong?

>Playing Hazezon Tamar
>Have 10 lands and a Mirari's Wake
>Cast Hazezon then Eldritch Evolve him into Purphoros
>Turn gets back around to me.
>Get 10 tokens and a Lightning Rager, take 22.
>Anthem my board up to 6/6s with haste.
>Attack two players out of the game.
>Last opponent has less than 20 life.
>Turn my Windbrisk Heights sideways and cast Descent of the Dragons
>Take 22.
>>
>>49840200
Purphoros is a terrible card. If he works he justs headshots your opponents and ends the game in an instant in the most boring way imaginable. If he doesn't work he's just useless and equally boring.
>>
>>49840245
And yet one of my friends has him as his only Commander.
I mean Christ Andrew, please, just play something fun.
>>
File: EDH.png (1MB, 2362x462px) Image search: [Google]
EDH.png
1MB, 2362x462px
>>49835206
>>
File: 65e.jpg (45KB, 590x590px) Image search: [Google]
65e.jpg
45KB, 590x590px
>>49838896
This Prossh hate meme need's to stop. I don't understand why he gets so much hate when there are much more cancerous commanders and decks that can win with a random commander that happens to have the right color for the combo.
>>
>>49840660
>my bustef commader isn't busted because there is more busted commanders available!
Sure thing fagaroni
>>
>>49836293
my friend has built him and it seems like it's the most powerful deck he has (and he has a lot of decks)

the commander isn't outright amazing on his own, but the colors and the theme are. all my friend does is mill himself a little bit, then use whip of erebos or something like that and instantly take control of the game. and if no one disrupts him immediately after, he basically just wins. i'm thinking of putting GY hate in my decks just for this one deck.
>>
>>49837297
I also have a SCUMFUCK deck but I haven't bothered much with cheating creatures onto the field. What average CMC are your fatties? 99% of mine are 6-7 mana cost, so stuff like Elvish Piper and such are actually pretty low value. I don't win much with the deck despite/because of the fact that most people in my group are majorly spooked by it. I just get hated out most of the time and I have no idea what I could put in my deck to stop that from happening.

I've been thinking of reworking my xenagos into some sort of goofy "all creatures all the time" ruric deck where i run lurking predators, impromptu raid and cards like that. but i have no idea if that would work at all
>>
>>49835068
Build with a budget restriction say no card worth more than 2-3 bucks including commander, including lands, your deck will be much weaker.
>>
>>49835068
To be fair, this happens to me too, even with decks that I've built worth less than 20 dollars, and even when I play someone else's deck. Many people like that just can't make good plays and can't comprehend interactions in between cards, and usually because of that they stick to big beaters.
I can't make a deck like that, since I'm thinking of the interactions and synergies when I build my decks. Same goes another way too, like if I borrow my deck, to someone else, they can't play it at all, even if I explain the playstyle of the deck.
It's super painful to watch someone misplay your deck, even more so, if it's a powerful one.
>>
>>49840660
Prossh is easy to hate because he is almost always built and played the exact same way. Sure there are more cancerous combos, but like you said, they can be any commander as long as it's the color pair, which means they usually dont have the combo piece just sitting in the command zone like Prossh is.
Even if its degenerate, its not immediately obvious what those decks are trying to do, generally. When you see Prossh however, it's almost always the same old shit.
>>
>>49836124
Pretty much every guildmage makes a good pauper commander. I play vitu-ghazi guildmage myself, mainly ramping and slowly durdling out 1/1 flyers and 3/3 centaurs.

Also, we usually start at 30 life when playing pauper.
>>
File: clickety clackety.jpg (30KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
clickety clackety.jpg
30KB, 223x310px
>>49836124
I play this guy personally and he's a good time, so I imagine that guy would be alright
>>
File: MyGenerals.jpg (317KB, 1434x890px) Image search: [Google]
MyGenerals.jpg
317KB, 1434x890px
>>49835206
>>
>>49840200
nope, as long as necropotence is legal anything goes
>>
>play online in a casual game
>winning on the board
>winning on health
>winning on cards
>opponent tutors for a hexproof hasted blightsteel colossus
>lose

haha fun
>>
>>49842087
If you didn't have any answer to him making it hasted/hexproof, you should still have been able to block it unless he made it unblockable as well.
>>
>>49842145
if it were a xenagos player or something, i would've been more prudent, but it was some monoblue bullshit and he cheated it into play with like 6 mana. i also forgot that infect with haste was a thing because no one does that in my actual irl playgroup (because it's not really fun)

i had like 60 health when it happened so i figured i could last 1 turn without a blocker. my fault for expecting no infect one-shots really
>>
File: download.jpg (10KB, 262x192px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
10KB, 262x192px
How viable is Olivia Mobilized for War? I've never played aggro before in edh, i'm worried that she'll suck blood .
>>
>>49835206
I like how this gets a thousand times more replies than that "muh playgroup" turbo-autist template ever did
>>
So I just threw this together from an idea I had with some friends. This is just for casual. Any ideas to improve?

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/clue-bant/
>>
>>49835206
How do you win off of Edric? A bunch of 1/1 flyers and unblockables doesn't seem like it'd get the job done.
>>
File: qlMsi.gif (2MB, 350x197px) Image search: [Google]
qlMsi.gif
2MB, 350x197px
>at lgs for open commander play
>me playing derevi durdle (first time I had put it together and was doing a test run) against a mizzix and a tazri
>late game mizzix starts to go off
>generates like a ton of mana
>looks at hand
>flashbacks and does nothing for straight 10
minutes
>doesnt kill us passes turn
>Tazri player spends the next 20 minutes just sits there and counts his lands and bitches cause I slimmed is coffers
>cast instant speed avenger then hoof and both player scoop mummbling about "green"
>>
>>49835206
I need to see that Slobad list.
>>
>>49842554
I have a friend who has a viable Edric list who does what you said: Bunch of 1/1's. The trick with Edric is to pack a bunch of counterspells to protect your own board. You win by eventually locking everyone out while swinging with dudes because you have so much card advantage and counterspells to back it up

That said, it's not always going to work. My friend even specifically says every game we play with his Edric: "This deck auto-folds to Pyroclasm effects". Elesh Norn is his worst fear, too.
>>
>>49835544
Your Zada sounds fun. I must see it.
>>
>>49839448
>People don't always have exact mana curves, sometimes they play a 3 drop with 4 mana, sometimes they play 2 2-drops,

Ahhh, no see, you are wilfully missing my point. If you remand someone's 2 drop ( especially a 2 drop on turn 4) or 3 drop in a multiplayer game you are literally fucking your own tempo as hard as you mess with the other guy.

For everyone that likes remand, like I said it's fine as long as you are running like 15+ counter spells already, and I bet about 26% of monoblue decks really do run about that many. If you are only running like 4 you should reexamine your counter suite and put in better options.
>>
File: Dr. Steve Brule.jpg (51KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Dr. Steve Brule.jpg
51KB, 312x445px
Guys, I need a partially blue commander. I also have a fucking ton of white and/or red cards that I'd like to throw in a deck just so they're not just sitting in a binder. I'm thinking about maybe running Jori En and just playing U/R goodstuff but I don't really know how well that'd work. UWR is an option as well, I guess, but my Sunforger is already in another deck.

TL;DR, Anon needs a U/x commander. What are your favorites?
>>
>>49842873
When you have blue you don't need sunforger desu senpai.

You could always play narset.
>>
>>49842431

OG Olivia is better. The problem with mobilized Olivia is that she forces you to discard creatures and that just sucks, because any EDH player worth his salt is going to have graveyard hate. She also forces you to play madness vampires who mostly suck aswell.
>>
>>49842008
Borbo list?
>>
>>49842959
Considered Narset. Thing is, a lot of these cards are creatures, and I'd like a commander on the lower CMC side, one that I can cast early game if I want to but that I don't have to, either.
>>
Anyone have a good Rubinia list/spicy tech?I've been wanting to build bant ever since Alara,and all I see are That Rhino and Derevi
>Inb4 U/G is cancer
>Inb4 Edhrec
>>
>>49843221
Before i help, which art are you going with
>>
>>49840200
can I see your deck list?
>>
>>49843221
Get out you UG cancer easy mode plebeian
>>
>>49843254
Og art,obviously
>>
>>49843341
You're going with the old lady? Alright.

Callous oppressor, old man of the sea
>>
>play online in an ffa
>kill someones braids
>he spends the next 5 turns, manas untapped, counterspelling every 3 mana creature i cast
>"lol hes so mad"
>finally he taps himself out
>make him discard all his cards with sadistic hypnotist
>he spends the rest of the game in topdeck mode
>"look how mad he is xd"

yeah you got me dude im real mad
>>
>>49843002
Here

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/06-10-16-borborygmos-enraged/
>>
>>49842811

Dude no you're missing my point still, I'm not saying you should remand somebody's 2 drop on turn 4, I'm saying if one person is dropping a 4 drop commander on 4 mana, and you remand that, your tempo relative to the other players isn't as bad as you're making it out to be, because they might not be on 4 mana yet (maybe one guy ramped) and they might not have a 4 drop to play

If you check edhrec, remand has basically the exact same usage percentage for Azami decks as all the other counterspells you were talking about spell crumple, disdainful stroke, etc etc
>>
>>49834754
when I play late into the night I've been known to cast Diabolic Intent as Diabolic tutor and having to get talked out of conceding when I realize.

I don't run Diabolic tutor
>>
>>49844332

But anon

Diabolic intent is better than Diabolic tutor
>>
>>49840245

... So if he does nothing he's bad. Well, that checks out. But if he wins you the game, he's still bad?
>>
>>49844421
I guess I was playing it as demonic tutor. I don't run that either
>>
>>49844501

Oh that makes more sense

You fugged up but that's an easy fix in the moment, doesn't ruin the game, you can just sac a creature when somebody points it out

Though I suppose the other guy's story had an easy fix, attach eldrazi conscription to rafiq and the thada adel guy gets nothing because he's a cheating fag
>>
>>49844021
If nobody casts a 4cmc spell though, because like you said not everyone will, you are STILL down on tempo because you left that mana open on the off chance you could slow someone else down more than you slow yourself down.

Unless you are telling me every card in your deck has flash.

Finally, edh.rec is probably the best example of argumentum ad popularum ever. Shit nigger, they have mana drain below remand (and I don't think you are going to say that remand is better than mana drain. Hinder (a spell that does jack shit compared to something like dissipate, since they changed the rules) is above BOTH of them and I wouldn't even put hinder above remand.

How many counterspells do you run anyway?
>>
>casting derevi from the command zone costs 4 mana and no cards
>casting removal on derevi costs 2-3 mana and 1 card
>a card typically costs 2-2.5 mana to draw
>therefore casting removal is almost always a poor trade (4 mana vs 4-5.5 mana)

nice design wotc
>>
>>49842745
Seconding!
>>
File: Athreos.jpg (29KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Athreos.jpg
29KB, 223x310px
So Athreos was my first commander and I need some help with tuning the deck, i have 108 and need to know what you think should be cut
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/athreos-god-of-scum/
>>
>>49844599

You can't just look at edhrec statistics and say that's how good the spells are, obviously, you have to take budget into account and read between the lines, hinder and spell crumple have such high usage because edhrec doesn't only count up to date decks, those cards were staples when tuck was a thing but not anymore

I run 6 instant counterspells that target spells, and then I have some wizards that counter spells

Arcane denial
Memory lapse
Swan song
Remand
Counterspell
Rewind

If I could afford mana drain and force of will I might cut remand but I might not, I might just run more counterspells than I do now

Remand is always at least cycling + bouncing a minor spell, when I'm playing Azami I'm not racing out the gates anyway, that would just mean my wizards die to first board wipe, I'd prefer the first board wipe to wreck everybody else while I hit my land drops and keep stuff like remand up to make sure I don't fall so far behind that I can't stop them, and it's not the end of the world for me to not cast any spells and just play a land in the midgame
>>
>>49844995
I think we will have to agree to disagree, but if your budget allows I would use cryptic command for a while. Try it out in remands slot and see if you think it's better.
>>
>>49842873
Play pheldagryff
>>
>>49845075

I will try that, right now I'm saving up to try and slot ven clique and sower of temptation, but I agree cryptic would be better overall than remand

I think rather than go down on 2 mana counters though I'd find another cut for cryptic
>>
>>49842185
Fair enough. I guess that IS a bit bullshit.
>>
>>49845388
There was disdainful stroke we talked about already, if you absolutely need another 2cmc counter.
>>
>>49845483

Yeah I think cryptic + disdainful stroke could go in for remand + another thing, that way id keep the same number of 2 mana counters
Thread posts: 339
Thread images: 71

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.