[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

EDH/Commander General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 332
Thread images: 49

File: 205.jpg (63KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
205.jpg
63KB, 312x445px
Mercenary politics edition

Old thread: >>49800011

RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
http://www.mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
http://www.tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the internet.
http://www.edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
http://manabasecrafter.com/

>CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
http://gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface
http://www.magiccards.info
>>
First for sydri has nice sydris
>>
File: elation.jpg (114KB, 854x469px) Image search: [Google]
elation.jpg
114KB, 854x469px
>>49820747
>fellow Slobad-bro
Deluxe taste. Post list if you have it please
>>
>>49821138
First for Starke "nick cage" of rathe is fucking cool
>>
Are good stuff decks unfun? I kinda just wanna build a Jund or Naya deck that I fill with ramp and really strong creatures/bomb cards. Thinking Prossh or Marath, but every list I see online is combo.
>>
File: Image (73).png (122KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Image (73).png
122KB, 223x311px
Has anyone worked with pic related? Suppose you're in R/W. How many creatures would justify including it in the 99?
>>
File: 1475714802058.jpg (45KB, 400x506px) Image search: [Google]
1475714802058.jpg
45KB, 400x506px
>guy shows up with M15 Ob Nix deck
>starts picking on one player, no explanation why, clearly enjoying it
>guy getting shafted is clearly new and playing some crappy Soldiers tribal deck
>to the point where he's not talking and just sullenly looking at his hand/casting a single creature every turn, only to have it die to Ob's Kill Frenzy
>make it my mission to completely annihilate Ob
>end up either countering his kill spells or just blowing his lands up
>kill him with a gigantic Fireball copied off Melek and Dualcaster Mage
>guy spergs out and asks why
>tell him don't pick on the new guy

I fully expect to get hated out of the next game I sit with him at, but I don't like when people act all superior for smashing someone who is clearly not that good yet
>>
>Less than a month until Commander 2015
>still no information other than 4-color Commanders
>nothing else

Its fucking infuriating. If this was any normal set, we'd be knee-deep in Spoiler season...Its not like Wizards is doing anything else right now.
>>
File: InOB.png (131KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
InOB.png
131KB, 223x311px
So what's some good cheap "search for and exile" cards. I'm building mill and need more because people have started putting eldrazi in their decks to stop me.
>>
>>49821244
Shittier Mentor but not too bad in a color that is fucking starved for draw
>>
Part of me wants to build UB non-mill control, but I don't think my group would have a good time with that on the table. What do?
>>
File: 65.jpg (62KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
65.jpg
62KB, 312x445px
What's your opinion on this card as a possibility to whittle opponents down so I can kill them with Hurricane? Will it draw too much hate? Or is it more of a finisher, like "you all die in your upkeep"?
>>
>>49821290
Kudos, you're doing the Lords work.

Honestly, shitting on people is fun, but only when it's stax, and it's the entire table, including yourself. Blowing out one person, ESPECIALLY the new guy, is pretty dumb. If the new guy was like in the lead or something by far, I could understand. But, it really didn't feel like it by the story you told. Thanks again for fucking that guy
>>
>>49821293
We'll hopefully get something this week, with the Pro Tour wrapped up.
>>
>>49821138
>Mercenary politics
How would you even do this outside of Starke? Zedruu might not be too bad for it, but I really can't think of anyone else. How would you even BUILD for it?
>>
>>49821303
Praetor's grasp is good and can let you use their card.
>>
>>49821303
>building mill
First of all, don't. If you're hellbent on it though: Jester Cap, Sadistic Sacrament, Cranial Extraction, Lost Legacy. Again I stress, don't build mill, it's really uninteractive and also really bad
>>49821328
UB control is only tolerable to play against if you have a good win condition. The most powerful for sure is having Oona as your commander and winning the moment you make infinite mana. Depending how casual your group is this may be too "unfun" control without a combo win is just a tedious affair
>>
CHALLENGE /tg/

>You get to ban 6 Cards from Commander
>1 from each color, and 1 Colorless OR Gold card
>>
>>49821374
I would ban nothing. I'd honestly rather see unbans than bans
>>
>>49821374
>inb4 massive amounts of "BAN SOL RING/CRYPT" and calling for some of the most fuckawful shit to be unbanned
I'm glad none of you fuckers are in charge of the list.
>>
>>49821345
Dependsonthemeta.png

My grixis deck has a shit ton of non-basics and not many ways to remove enchantments, so I would probably just try to kill you. Your mileage may vary, some mono colored decks might actually support it being out and help you protect it. If you are considering running it though non-basic filled mana bases are probably rampant in your meta though. Up to you whether or not you can take the heat.
>>
>>49821371
I was thinking Wrexial and trying to use their own shit against them. Or Dralnu, winning off of a massive Rise from the Tides/Army of the Damned in tandem from huge mana
>>
>>49821353
Politics politics man. Humble defector! I would also play diochan, artful beauty (probs spelled that wrong)
Play many things that involve making deals with other people! Homeward path is good.

>>49821374
I wouldn't, to be honest. I'd make "banned in 99, legal as commander " a thing.
>>
>>49821345
It will get removed very quickly given the option, AND it's slow. Personally, I think Price of Progress is a much better card for hating out players with nonbasic-heavy manabases

Also like the other anon said, depends on the meta.
>>
>>49821424
There is a reason the legendaries that are banned, remain as such
>>
>>49821403
In the case of wrexial I feel he's really weak because you're stealing cards that work with with the opponent's decks and not inherently with yours, not to mention that's hardly a consistent wincon. With rise from the tide and army of the damned, it's really easy for someone to see you tap out for these big spells and just kill you since the zombies enter tapped
>>
>>49821159
Why are there so many Slobad players here?
>>
>>49821374
Black - nothing
Blue - Deadeye Navigator
Red - nothing
Green - Primal Surge
White - nothing
Colorless/Gold - Ulamog, Ceaseless Hunger (no fuck this card)
>>
DUMB NEW PLAYER QUESTION:

If I tap Krenko at the end of the turn before mine for some tokens, would I be able to attack with those tokens once my combat phase started? Or would they still have summoning sickness?
>>
>>49821396
My meta is pretty cutthroat with lots of expensive 3c mana bases but rather long games. I fly under the radar most of the time until I cast Boundless Realms and then have to fend off opponents with fogs and Chasm till I combo off. I mean it's not even a Purphoros and people seem content with that...
>>
>>49821438
Army of the Damned they do, not off Rise from the Tides. Black is also Tutortown so I could grab a Vedalken Orrery or Quicken to cast Rise/Army at EOT

This is all just hypothetical as a wincon though, my group doesn't have any control and I want to be the first to try it
>>
>>49821450
He's a very low flying commander who doesn't seem impressive at first, but can MacGyver his way to victory. Also fun to build something that appears janky sometimes.
>>
File: stf88_emrakulConcept.jpg (112KB, 600x593px) Image search: [Google]
stf88_emrakulConcept.jpg
112KB, 600x593px
>>49821437
I agree, but being an eldrazi fanboy, I like to believe emrakul the aeons torn would be fair as commander. You're stuck in colorless, and have to ramp to 15 mana. It's not hard to do that, but it isn't easy.

I wholeheartedly believe she should be banned in the 99 though, too easy to abuse in every color deck

That's all my opinion though!

>>49821486
Youre fine man. They dont have summoning sickness
>>
>>49821374
>eager cadet
>grizzly bears
>vizzerdrix
>raging goblin
>ravenous rats
>straw golem
>>
>>49821458
>Green - Primal Surge
Show me on the Stuffy Doll where the Ruric Thar player touched you.
>>
>>49821502
The actual text of rise from the tides: Create a TAPPED 2/2 black Zombie creature token for each instant and sorcery card in your graveyard. It's still really clunky to try to flash these big spells out, honestly you're better off doing combo or just using huge colorless threats like eldrazi or blighsteel
>>
>>49821514
>low flying
My playgroup fears him.

Mycosynth Lattice into Pulverize as soon as people run out of their starting lands is scary.
>>
File: tumblr_o08op9SoHN1uq6s61o1_1280.jpg (97KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o08op9SoHN1uq6s61o1_1280.jpg
97KB, 1080x1080px
Anyone have any General Tazri advice?

I'm thinking lots of mass reanimation, clones and flicker effects, and trying to win with Halimar Excavator, Hagra Diabolist, or just plain and simple turning sideways.
>>
>>49821486
They entered on your opponent's turn. They should be able to attack when your turn starts
>>
>>49821290
You do realize that you're exactly as bad as that other guy, right?
>I show up with my M15 Ob Nix deck
>decides to pick a player to beat so I don't come in last
>suddenly, that guy's autism fires up
>he laser beams in and blows up my lands
>he starts spamming stupid izzet nonsense at me while the soilders guy starts to build a winning boardstate
>instagibs me
>I ask why
>"Lol don't pick on the new guy."
>>
>>49821532
Oh shit I missed that tapped line from the text on the card. Well that's not as good as I thought, shit. Guess it's Oona
>>
>>49821426
The question is rather, what non-creature based options are there to finish off games in mono G that are not Hurricane? 50% of my deck are Instants, Sorceries and Enchantments...
>>
File: 1359914222768.jpg (31KB, 340x250px) Image search: [Google]
1359914222768.jpg
31KB, 340x250px
>>49821374
Artifact: Sol Ring (And all <2 mana rocks, fuck)
White: Nothing
Blue: Cyclonic Rift
Black: Nothing
Red: Nothing
Green: Eternal Witness because it'd make 2 people in my group mad salty but nothing really.
>>
>>49821554
See my post again for the
>clearly enjoying it
part that you missed. The guy was being a massive cocknozzle while buttfucking the new guy. I wasn't about to let him ruin one guy's night just so he could get his "I'm an asshole" rocks off.
>>
>>49821450
Because he's fun as fuck.
>not Daretti so doesn't draw massive hate
>"OH SHIT A VANDALBLAST, better slap together a combo out of nowhere"
>mono-brown graveyard recursion is a hell of a drug
>deck where everything can combo off of everything else
>>
>>49821374
Sure, I got this:
>shock lands
>fetch lands
>ABU dual lands
>urzatron lands
>sol ring
>mana crypt
>>
>>49821604
But anon, those are all colorless.
>>
>>49821374
Pretty much all the respective 1 drop tutors (Vampiric, Enlightened, Worldy, Mystic, Sneak Attack for red, and Sol Ring)
>>
>>49821374
Black - Consecrated Sphinx
Red - Palinchron
Green - Deadeye Navigator
White - Cyclonic Rift
Blue - Nothing
>>
>>49821621
>Sneak Attack for red
Jump in a vat of acid
>>
>>49821588
So you were mad that he was having fun playing his deck, and decided to interject your white-knight faggotry to save the day? Like I said, you're just as bad, but you justify your faggotry with a moral imperative so that other people perceive you better. You're basically personified humanitarian intervention.
>>
>>49821636
I think there's a difference between having fun and being an asshole.
>>
>>49821654
Not to you. You had fun by being an asshole to a guy who you thought was being an asshole, when he was really trying to have fun. Sounds to me like you're the asshole in this scenario and are having fun being an asshole, but are too self conscious to accept the nature of your existence, so instead you bitch about other people and live a giant delusion.
>>
>>49821304
Eh... I actually think he's better than mentor in general. Being able to pay later for your draw is kind of a huge deal. It means you never don't get a draw off your dudes. It does depend on if you run the cmc for it.
>>
>>49821636
You must be a real treat to play against if you're trying to justify being a complete prick to one player for the sake of being a complete prick. Do assbags like you just forget about normal social interaction?
>>
>>49821636
He was making sure the new guy wasn't having any fun, and he got a taste of his own medicine. what's worn with that?
>>
>>49821715
Nothing, he's just butthurt about others not letting him sperg out at his own leisure.
>>
>>49821304
I actually like him as much as Mentor in his own way because I don't need to leave the mana open.
>>
>>49821695
No, it's worse. With Mentor, you can count on tokens, specially from repeatable sources, to get your draw. With Bygone Bishop, you need to be drawing into more creatures, and specific 3 CMC or less creatures.
>>
>>49821715
He's doing the exact same thing as the ob nixilis guy, making sure somebody doesn't have any fun.
>>
>>49821544
Panharmonicon is a fun, new toy for Tazri. Still need to pick one up for my deck.
>>
>>49821700
You realize that there were two pricks in this example, and some guy playing a solider tribal, right? Both people did the exact same thing, one just viewed it through the lens of moralfaggotry, and therefore felt more justified.
>>
>>49821734
At this point you're comparing apples to oranges, ie. token swarm vs. say, hate bears. Obviously Bishop isn't going to work in token swarm decks with token sources that aren't >3CMC creatures.
>>
>>49821743
Asshole not having fun > new kid not having fun

Either you don't understand this or are pretending not to understand, either way you're coming off as a complete fedora.
>>
File: ghave.jpg (10KB, 178x248px) Image search: [Google]
ghave.jpg
10KB, 178x248px
Really want to get into commander with Ghave, guru of spores and the Counterpunch commander deck but don't want to drop $100 on the precon deck. I have a couple shitty standard decks and a small collection, should I buy another commander deck for the manabase and then get singles to fit with Ghave? Or just drop the money on the Counterpunch deck?
>>
>>49821774
But that's not true either. Mentor would work in a hatebears shell too, since most of them are small or start out small and can get the trigger off Mentor.

Byshop was a nice attempt at white card draw, but it's just outclassed in every scenario by Mentor.
>>
>>49821796
Asshole is a dick too but the guy who shit on his day is no better.
>>
Why has every copy of Leovold not been launched into the fucking sun yet?
>>
>>49821810
no
>>
>>49821796
And acting like an asshole, makes you an asshole, regardless of rationalization.

Either you don't understand this, or are pretending not to understand, and either way, you're coming off as a complete fedora.
>>
>>49821807
I would agree Mentor is better in a wider range of circumstances, but not having to have the mana open is extremely important, especially depending on which colours you're playing.
>>
>>49821820
He did the exact same thing as the asshole guy was doing. Instead of confronting the guy and saying "why are you such a dick" he decided to be passive aggressive and ruin his fun
>>
>>49821810
Guys who like griefing assholes > assholes

Now you're just coming across as sulky, like the asshole getting bullied is opening old wounds or something.
>>
>>49821839
You do realize that both people are assholes and this is an arbitrary distinction that only you care about, right?
>>
>>49821834
Because clearly everyone is entitled to their own fun at the cost of others, even Hitler.
>>
>>49821821
You know "I know you are but what am I?" doesn't actually work in most circumstances, right?
>>
>>49821839
Griefing is not ok. if someone else is being an asshole the right thing to do is confront them before/after a game and tell them that what they're doing is rude/wrong.
>>49821863
Extreme example much? The asshole guy's behavior is unacceptable, but the poster's response is also just as unacceptable.
>>
>>49821857
Nobody in this thread really "cares" about this anecdote that happened to some other anon, but you're definitely coming off as an autist or edgelord if you can't understand that bullying the bully isn't actually the same as bullying.
>>
File: 1459389293530.png (205KB, 505x431px) Image search: [Google]
1459389293530.png
205KB, 505x431px
>>49821866
But it did in this situation because you're arguing semantics to tentatively justify the behavior you just found offensive, while completely ignoring that both actions are analogous. I get it, you want to be the hero that saves the day, but morality is complicated.
>>
>>49821898
Wow, you're like totally going to become a psychologist!
>>
>>49821826
I agree, but I've found that it is so much harder to get the trigger off Byshop that's it's just not worth it. He would be so much better if it was a ETB trigger so that he could at least feed himself, to be a big Thraben Inspector or something. As is, it's just too hard to ever get a trigger off the damn thing without other card draw forms.
>>
>>49821834
>passive aggressive
wut
You may need to learn what this actually means. He confronted the guy, told him why he was doing it, and ruined his game.

Short of committing a crime he was as aggressive as this was going to get.

Also I am of the belief none of them were being assholes RN. If you don't kill peoples shit and attack them you are the reason EDH games can drag on for hours. Guy 1 did nothing wrong attacking new kid, Guy 2 did nothing wrong in attacking Guy 1. You could say that either of them had bad threat assessment, but we don't know what was on the board and their plays may have been correct. Also bad threat assessment isn't something that makes someone a bad person.

TL;DR: You are all probably retarded.
>>
>>49821898
"Morality is complicated" is an excellent argument, and totally justifies you ignoring motive as ethically relevant. Great job anon, your evasions make you a master debater.
>>
>>49821889
you're a person who thinks spanking children is bad parenting, aren't you?
>>
>>49821922
Did you even read his post? When he saw Ob Nix being a dick he decided to "make it my mission to completely annihilate Ob" he didn't confront the guy, the guy confronts him after the game "guy spergs out and asks why." He didn't do any of the things you claimed he did. I can totally understand your perspective that nobody was being an asshole, honestly this is a pretty minor spat but in my opinion the original poster handled the situation in entirely the wrong way
>>49821944
What the fuck? That has nothing to do with the discussion at hand.
>>
>>49821621
>Sneak Attack
>Not GAMBLE
Idiot.
>>
>>49821921
Eh... I don't know what you're doing in white that isnt triggering him besides maybe tokens and I guess reanimation? But most good reanimation targets aren't exactly triggering mentor anyway and tokens is kind of mentor's thing. But I can see what you mean. I do wish he triggered off himself as well.
>>
>>49821992
actions speak louder than words anon

not everything conflict has to be solved with a south park speech
>>
Can you imagine the shitshow if Sol Ring got banned in EDH now everyone's paid $150 for Masterpiece Series printings?
>>
>>49821803
You can build a ghave deck for 50, it won't have doubling season or parallel lives, but you can work up to it. Don't buy the precon, order your shit online.

Ghave is 7 bucks,but the rest you can budget down to 50-60 bucks I'm sure.
>>
>>49822023
Oh, I guess blink as well, but really all three of those things are kind of niche save for reanimation unless again we count reanimation for things that trigger mentor. But being low enough to the ground to consistently trigger bishop as well is in and of itself a bit niche.
>>
>>49822026
oh god I have no problems with sol ring but I would love that, shame wizards is a slave to the secondary market though
>>
>>49822025
It still doesn't hurt to try diplomacy.
>>
>>49821244
Depends on the deck. I could see it being awesome in a artifact crreature deck that ran lots of metalcraft. Ptetty good card for TL as well.
>>
File: 1467583872040.jpg (332KB, 586x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1467583872040.jpg
332KB, 586x1200px
>>49822026
I would laugh. And laugh and laugh.
>>
>>49821290
Good for you. Folks like that ought to be spayed or neutered.
>>
File: 1474075730060.jpg (26KB, 455x342px) Image search: [Google]
1474075730060.jpg
26KB, 455x342px
>>49821374
>White
Never had a problem with white but I guess Faith's Reward or Serra Ascendant?
>Blue
Dead Eye Navigator
>Black
Nothing
>Red
Nothing
>Green
Green Sun Zenith
>Colorless
I want to say Void Winnower since he does make the game slightly unbearable
>Gold
Nothing
>>
>>49821992
>he didn't confront the guy
Confront
verb (used with object)
1. to face in hostility or defiance; oppose:
The feuding factions confronted one another.

Learn your words nigga, just because the other guy spoke up first doesn't mean he didn't confront him. He might not have ruined his game, though if he didn't there is no reason for anyone to be upset about this.

With that being said, how did he not do everything I claimed he did?
>>
>>49821674
Is this some next level projecting going on?
>>
>>49821374

Just Derevi
>>
>>49821803
>>49822027
Primal Vigor, only $1 more than Parallel Lives and can combo with Ghave if needed
>>
So I'm completely new to EDH, havent played it yet but I have a decent card collection, wanted to make a UR Jori En deck. Assuming my deck is mostly cantrip-tier shit mixed with a few big wincons what sort of mana base should I run? Not colours, just physical numbers. is 40 way too many lands?
>>
>>49822293
35 is fine, assuming your running 4-5 good manarocks
>>
>>49821371
Sadistic Sacrament is hilarious if you can get magical christmas land mana early. Take out all of a color of their lands or creatures or whatever. 15 cards is a lot of power to wield.
>>
>>49822293
Hey Jori En anon, I remember you from the casual thread.

40 is usually the right number, depending on your curve, and I personally run 35 because I rely pretty heavily on quality rocks and ramp.

You should have:
>10 things that win the game
>10 things that draw cards
>10 things that ramp
>10 things that remove things

All those numbers are subject to change, depending on your commander and what you actually want to run, but as a skeleton that gives you about 20 extra cards to work with.
>>
>>49822331
Best is to take out all the wincons from a control or combo deck.

Exile all the reanimation targets of a reanimator deck also works well.
>>
>>49822293
Considering the huge amounts of draw you will be getting, your land count can be a bit lower.
>>
>>49821554
>playing competitive commander
>>
Favorite underplayed/budget card in your decks?

Im loving this one in my U/B deck. Repeatable looting is awesome.
>>
File: Marath Alter.png (1MB, 749x1040px) Image search: [Google]
Marath Alter.png
1MB, 749x1040px
R8 me
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/16-06-15-where-the-wild-things-are/
>>
>>49822369
>>49822293

40 IS way too many, not only does your high card draw mean you can run less and still hit land drops, the nature of Jori en is that you need to be constantly casting spells and keeping that card flow coming so drawing too many lands can actually be the difference between winning and losing
>>
File: c2ExZ.jpg (66KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
c2ExZ.jpg
66KB, 480x270px
>>49822408
first thing I thought of
>>
>>49821374
>Black
Demonic Tutor
>Blue
Deadeye
>Red
Goblin Game
>Green
Tooth and Nail
>White
Unban Balance

Primeval Titan, Sundering Titan, Sylvan Primordial can come off with Deadeye and T&N ban.

Black gets to be less consistent with its dozens of tutors.

Goblin game is a giant waste of time.
>>
>>49822447
>cropping out forgive me padre
for shame
>>
>>49822452
>Goblin Game
Not scrambleverse?

GG is easy to resolve, just have everyone pick a number and write it down on a piece of paper
>>
>>49822462
Scrambleverse is easier to resolve than Thieves' Auction. No choices, just dice rolls.
>>
File: 4vGUk6A.jpg (177KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
4vGUk6A.jpg
177KB, 640x960px
>>49822456
mea culpa
>>
All this shit about primetime, sylvan primordial etc not being broken without deadeye is just so retarded.
Deadeye has been soft banned in my playgroup since it came out (the regulars just agree not to add it to our decks, but we don't enforce it on anyone so it still pops up from time to time) and it really doesnt change anything. Clones, flickers and reanimation is fucking everywhere. You don't need deadeye to abuse good etbs.

Sylvan was never op because someone played many of them lategame, it was crushing because of t1 entomb t2 reanimate, or someone going t1 sol ring into t2 explosive vegetation into t3 sylvan.
>>
File: IMG_5939.jpg (1MB, 1334x1000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5939.jpg
1MB, 1334x1000px
Pulled this shit off at FNM. 12 5/5 angels going at blue Braids and voltronned Teeg going at Gonti. I had Iona on the top of my deck before I won.
>>
File: 1343179808627.png (73KB, 249x226px) Image search: [Google]
1343179808627.png
73KB, 249x226px
>>49822452
>Primeval Titan, Sundering Titan, Sylvan Primordial can come off with Deadeye and T&N ban.

This makes Eldrazi Displacer and Mistmeadow Witch happy, thanks!
>>
>>49822452
Goblin Game is fucking hilarious though. It's a silver bordered card that somehow got accidentally printed as a black-bordered card.

I've hidden a dildo with it before.
>>
File: 193.jpg (75KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
193.jpg
75KB, 312x445px
>>49822398
I love Hammer Mage. Throw it into a RGx deck with a low artifact count, and you got a stew going. Just the threat of activation keeps people on their toes, and you almost always have targets.
>>
>>49821922
>>49822293

Avoid guys like that and you should be good. Try hards are typically the most obnoxious, and whiney players. Folks like that are why FNM is pure cancer.
>>
>>49822462
Don't deny Zedruu her Scrambleverse, you tosser.
>>
>>49822630
dang that's cool. I'll have to save that for later use.
>>
>>49822613
Less effective and easier to remove.
>>
>>49822652
far from it

it's just that there are way more annoying spells to resolve than goblin game
>>
>>49822027
>>49822259
>>49821803

Pentavus! Awakening zone! From beyond! Mycoloth!
>>
>>49822612
> Teeg wading in with a blade in each hand and magic speed boots

The stuff mtg dreams are made of
>>
File: Oasis_4E.jpg (49KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Oasis_4E.jpg
49KB, 312x445px
>>49822398
>>
File: Not of This World_ROE.jpg (54KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Not of This World_ROE.jpg
54KB, 312x445px
>>49822398
The most satisfying counter, period.
>>
File: SolarFlareDragon-LCYW-EN-SR-1E.png (448KB, 400x585px) Image search: [Google]
SolarFlareDragon-LCYW-EN-SR-1E.png
448KB, 400x585px
>>49822398
>>
>>49821374
deadeye navigator and leovold are the only cards that deserve bans desu
>>
>>49823109
>banning leovold

Really? I can almost smell the b& from here
>>
>>49823144
please clarify
>>
>>49823109

Deadeye navigator isn't even that good in multiplayer, it's the creatures that untap lands that are broken

In 1v1 it's pretty scary because it doesn't take much mana to lock somebody out with venser or something, but in multiplayer i think it's pretty fair

The thing about the land untappers is that they are easy to combo with, deadeye is just the simplest
>>
>tfw you turn jtmc into an artifact and ult him 3 times in one turn
>tfw you have tangle wire tapping down 1000+ creatures, artifacts, or lands per turn
>tfw you kill yourself on your own fathom mage
>tfw you take your 52nd turn with sage of hours
>>
>>49822612
Where'd you get the playmat if I may ask? It's absolutely amazing
>>
>>49821371
I run jesters cap in pretty much every deck I play. That card is so good.
>>
File: avalanches.jpg (44KB, 1240x698px) Image search: [Google]
avalanches.jpg
44KB, 1240x698px
>>49821604
>non green decks with 2 or more colors become basically unplayable
please go
>>
>>49823900

I have a 3 color deck that never gets mana screwed and I don't run any of the cards in that list, all too expensive except sol ring which is banned in my playgroup
>>
>>49823929
Just because you can't afford a card doesn't mean it should be banned. Many of my more highly tuned decks simply could not operate without fetches or duels. Without proper fixing, a grixis control deck just sits there unable to stop the reanimator from dropping a turn two or three sire of insanity because I can't get a fucking second source of blue.
>>
>>49823991

I'm not the one who said they should be banned I was just contradicting your claim that only green decks can survive without the fetch-dual manabase, I don't have any problem with my pain land-check land-basics mana base

That said you do make a good point about the double UU on turn 3. Not all 3-color decks have the same color requirements as others, my deck is pretty light on double pip spells I need to play on turns 2-3, but I can see how you would need to have fetches and duals if you're gonna cast stuff like counterspell turn 2 and cryptic command turn 3-4
>>
>>49821244

I run it in a deck with twelve creatures that will trigger its ability and it works out well enough in conjunction with the Mentor of the Meek.
>>
So my LGS is a bit degenerate

2 decks that just try to combo out as soon as possible with millions of tutors for splinter/kiki combo.

2 Decks on ultra hard control with every counterspell on existance and narset to win through with extra turns.

Oloro player on no fun mode with every single control and disruption spell possible and basically no Wincon other than Oloro beat down or Rest in Peace and Helm of Obedience.

Leovold player with like 1 wincon thats not reliable but every single card possible to protect Leovold and then afterwards make everyone Wheel out their hand, then kill their draw with looting and then dropping a Teferi so not even Instants can be cast, so basically just attempting to hard lock everyone. But other than that no Wincon just pure draw control.

The thing is that we play as teams so matches are 2vs2 or 3vs3. So you get things Oloro with Leovold and Narset for maximun degeneracy.

What is a good commander on good colors that can let me have fun through this, if i dont have an excellent draw, things just go downhill really fast if i cant catch up with everyone.

Im playing Karlov with Taxes and stuff but i always just get steamrolled on the spot.

Kinda wanna play something else but dont want to join the degeneracy, which commander is out there that just doesnt give a fuck about everyone and does its own thing even through bullshit?
>>
>>49824403
Ruric Thar and all the protection you can get. Then drop a Possibility Storm.
>>
>>49824403
Go play zedruu.
>>
>>49824403
Git gud
>>
>>49824403
Surrak "Fuck You" Dragonclaw and all the ETB/Fatties you can find. Sprinkle with Stranglehold, Asceticism, Boseiju/other uncounterable spells and >>49824434.

Fierce Empathing / Chord of calling-ing into Ruric-Thar is an especially spicy tech.
>>
>>49822051
I wouldn't! That Sol Ring is the most I've ever spent on a single card!
>>
File: DSC_0024.jpg (3MB, 3920x2204px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0024.jpg
3MB, 3920x2204px
Before wipe
>>
>>49823821
How do you activate a Planeswalker ability 3 times in 1 turn? Even if it's an artifact in addition to a Planeswalker you're still restricted to 1
>>
>>49823929
>sol ring is banned in my playgroup
Your playgroup are weak.

WEAK.
>>
I'm pretty new to edh and I was wondering what card sleeves you guys use. I have KMC perfect fits with Ultra-Pro Matte over them but the deck is to big to shuffle well. I don't want to go single sleeve but I think I might have to otherwise It takes me 5+ minutes to shuffle effectively.

Also is there any tricks to shuffling large decks I don't know about?
>>
File: DSC_0025.jpg (3MB, 3920x2204px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0025.jpg
3MB, 3920x2204px
>>49824930
After wipe. survived four turns at 1 life with it. Against - at that time - a Xenagos and a Thraximundar and won the game.
>>
>>49824955
I use Dragon shield, kmc and ultra pro. Just use wich ones you like more.

Yeah, shuffle in different sizes. Not necessarily the 100 at the same time.
>>
>>49824955

I sleeve same as you, 'cause Dragon Shield Mattes are tough as hell and withstand a good thrashing.
>>
File: goatlady.jpg (100KB, 1024x743px) Image search: [Google]
goatlady.jpg
100KB, 1024x743px
What are your thoughts on pic related and building her as a typical Abzan counter beatdown?
>>
>>49825158
7/Ghave
>>
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/reachin-a-new-refutation-of-tokens-and-spells/

Posting this again for any comments, criticisms, death threats.

Potential additions:
>Xenagos the Reveler
>Ulasht
>RG Omnath
>Revel of the Fallen God

I'm uncertain about Genesis Wave and Tooth and Nail, if only because a whole lot of my deck is nonpermanent, and also because I don't have a way to win instantly from Tooth and Nail. I'd most likely include Kiki-Jiki, Zealous Conscripts, Xenagod, and Emrakul into the 99.
>>
>>49824932
Go fucking nuts with Teferi and Chain Veil?
>>
>>49825596
That works I guess. But how many loyalty counters do you even need to do that?!
>>
How does Teferi + Chain Veil work? It's a minus ability so you can't keep doing it unlike Tezzeret.
>>
>>49825659
Teferi untaps the Chain Veil and 3 lands, the Chain Veil lets you reactivate Teferi + any other walkers you care about.
>>
>slowly introducing powerful artifacts like Metalworker and Tangle Wire to my group
>spread over like 3 decks so they're not super gross together
>Endgame is to build gross stax and tell them they've seen all these cards before so they can't complain

I am a dick
>>
>>49825688
Yeah but you can't keep doing it forever, eventually he'll die and cost too much for any untapping to let you recast him.
>>
>>49825691
You're gonna get so badly blown out.
>>
>>49825699
If you have another planeswalker that lets you untap anything, like Tezerett, you can alternate using his +1 and -1 to get you there.
>>
>>49825716
You overestimate my group
>>
>>49825796
Stax though? There's SO. MUCH. Good broad artifact removal.
>>
>>49825699
Well, to be fair, if Teferi is commander and there's mana rocks that produce over 1 mana, like Thran Dynamo and Gilded Lotus and whatever, you're gonna drown in mana just by floating that you're well enough to ultimate all walkers you control for several times. While you will run out of mana, it's gonna take a while anyway if you control decent mana producers.
>>
>>49825831
I know that, and I'm usually the guy that packs it. My meta is pretty heavy on the battlecruiser side of things. Last time a deck not owned by me had a large amount of artifact removal was the guy who built it specifically to fuck over a janky Godo deck I had. Both decks have since been dismantled, but there's a Memnarch deck that is starting to catch on to the ridiculous bullshit that artifacts are capable of
>>
>>49825158
>>49825209
Probably should have specified I'm interesting in building her as a "fair" commander. Correct me if I'm wrong but most Ghave lists I looked at seem to devolve into combo fests. I also like how a lot of abzan cards from Khans fit in to counters beatdown strategy (just for flavour reasons).

So do you guys think something like what I have described could work or is something like Ruric Thar a better option for a relatively straightforward but still interesting smashy deck?
>>
So I gotta take about 10 non-land cards out of this deck to put in the additional lands that I need. Which 10 should I go with?

The entire goal of the deck is to focus around big creatures with power 5 or greater while either ramping up to cast them or cheating them out onto the field.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/giants-in-the-playground-3/
>>
File: IMG_2504.jpg (29KB, 319x374px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2504.jpg
29KB, 319x374px
>>49822176
>Get any card in your deck into your hand for 2 mana.
>Get any card on top of your deck at instant speed for one mana and 2 life
Totally fine
>Put a green creature from your deck into play from your deck for one more mana than its CMC.
BANNED
>>
>>49824947
I don't know about this, my playgroup has been talking about doing the same as it often just leads to unfun one sided games.
>>
>>49821374
>Necrppotence
>Armageddon
>Deadeye Navigator
>Azusa, Lost but Seeking
>Decree of Annihilation
>Sensei's Divining Top
>>
>>49826038
Emrakul is banned
>>
>>49826074
I've said it before and I'll say it again, any player that drops a t1 sol ring, in my meta, gets BTFO by the other players due to his early advantage. It's come to the point where players will not drop the ring t1, and use it t4 or t3, in an attempt to avoid aggro.
>>
>>49826001
Ruric better for smashy.
>>
>>49826096
>armageddon

Super Weenie Hut Jr.'s-tier
>muh lands are sacred

I wish they would unban Balance to make all the U/G decks cry.
>>
>>49821359
Best part about Praetor's Grasp? It's exiled face down. They have no idea what you've taken unless they go to tutor that specific card. It's fun to change up what you take. Sometimes I'll take a big card advantage spell. Sometimes it'll be efficient removal. Sometimes it'll be a win condition. Sometimes it'll be a combo piece for a combo I run all the other parts to.

Grasp is one of the most fun cards in EDH
>>
>>49823900
Exactly. In order to play any of those non-green bullshit decks, you'd need to actually invest time and effort into building your deck. Suddenly, no more Oloro, no more Narset, no more child of alara, and monocolour decks become more viable.

I can see GUx decks getting a little out of hand, but without the ol' sol ring/mana crypt, they aren't going to be able to pull any bullshit until people have a chance to establish a little bit of a boardstate.
>>
>>49826219
This is correct

It's one of the reasons I'm having a blast trying out Gonti too
>>
>>49826219
Also, Pixis of Pandemonium. I fucking hate that card, but man if it isn't hilarious.
>>
>>49826255
Yeah I really like that Gonti does a face down exile too. Theres nothing quite like taking from other people and them not knowing what it was. I really wanna build him some day.
>>
>>49826219
>unless they go to tutor that specific card

This might be my most delicious EDH experience. Watching them rifle through their deck twice before they remember that I hit them with PG turn 3.

"Looking for something?"

Good. Fuck Meren players.
>>
File: c4rd4r7_8hh1QDfUuk.jpg (228KB, 750x450px) Image search: [Google]
c4rd4r7_8hh1QDfUuk.jpg
228KB, 750x450px
Need cute, janky, non creature tech for pic related
>>
>>49826227
UGx would be completely out of control, what are you talking about
>>
>>49826376
Anon, I literally just said that, but they won't be able to pull off their bullshit early enough without cheap, aggressive rocks. I've played UGx in various incarnations, and sure, mana fixing is strong, but if you don't draw into a rock, realistically you're wasting t4/t5 dropping some ramp, when other on-curve decks would have access to their tech to deal with it.
>>
>>49821391
There's nothing wrong with something so reasonable anon
>>
>>49826334
Vote cards, gift cards+suicide cards, maximum politics.
>>
>>49821554
see this would've been a reasonable point if you weren't a fucking retard and your point wasn't fucking stupid
>>
>>49826418
Just because you mention it in your post that doesn't make it less of an issue. U/G has enough advantage as-is. Crippling other color combos in an attempt to even out mana-bases in that way is a terrible idea since they'll be hit the least by it.
>>
>>49826108
>It's okay if it's too strong and is mandatory in every deck you'll just get hated out in my playgroup
>>
>>49821374
>Red
Purphoros

>Green
Primal Surge or Tooth and Nail

>Blue
Deadeye Navigator

>Black
Necropotence or demonic tutor

>White
Can't think of any white cards that are particularly ban worthy.

>Colorless
Sol Ring
>>
>make a xenagos deck
>"wow this is so great i can kill a guy by turn 5"
>group catches onto this fact
>hated out every game
>"fuck i guess i'll make some kind of control deck then, tired of being hated out"
>look up some monoblack control deck
>try it out, it feels slow and boring, but like the cards otherwise so optimize it a ton
>"wow this is so cool, i can draw like 5 cards a turn and drain everyone for a billion hp and kill all their creatures by turn 5"
>group catches onto this fact
>hated out again

god damnit

i guess it's time to make a pillowfort group hug then
>>
File: 1465940942953.jpg (80KB, 344x580px) Image search: [Google]
1465940942953.jpg
80KB, 344x580px
>>49826510
>Just because you mention an issue
>doesn't mean it isn't an issue
I'm pretty sure that's the whole point of saying it's an issue, and without cheap rocks, it's significantly less of an issue than it is now. The only thing those other combos are really missing are expensive lands that don't come in tapped, which the VAST majority of players don't run in significant quantities to cause an issue. Literally 3-9 lands would be missing, unless you're running 5 colour goodstuff, then you have access to UG.
>>
>>49826566
Just rebuild Xenagos, or upgrade to Maelstrom Wanderer. Mazirek is also pretty hilarious, and generally stronger than monoblack goodstuff.
>>
>>49826566
Unless your deck costs over a thousand dollars, it just sounds like your meta runs very low powered decks. Its thats the problem, just take out some of your deck's payloads. You'll still have optimal ways of doing the things you want to do, and your group wont kill you/be killed as quickly.
>>
>>49826617
>Just participate in the degeneracy arms race
>t. Leovold
>>
>>49826617
>rebuild xenagos
i've been thinking of rebuilding him into ruric but i just don't like goodstuff style decks, and ruric sounds like he would be like that

i also really like xenagos, i just get fucked a lot

>Mazirek
i really like monoblack though. gary, necropotence, crypt ghast, caged sun and so on are all fun cards imo. i guess the lack of artifact removal hurts but then again, being monoblack seems to have a higher chance of snowballing and winning
>>
>>49826689
If you're getting gangbanged, you have every right to run better things until your group steps it up.

Also, I'm pretty sure Maz is firmly mid-tier.
>>
>>49826602
I said doesn't make it LESS of an issue. If you're going to quote someone, do it right.

My point is this attempt at balance would inordinately buff U/G even more over its counterparts since it would be the least affected by it.Your statement of the "vast majority" is rather hollow and based solely on your personal experience.
>>
>>49826707
The neat thing about Mazirek is that you can run all that monoblack goodstuff, you just get access to better artifact removal, and more efficient ramp. Like I said, build what you want, but trust me anon, it will be both fun and good.
>>
File: Spiritual Asylum_NE.jpg (59KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Spiritual Asylum_NE.jpg
59KB, 312x445px
>>49826334
Manabarbs, norns annex, spiritual asylum, koskun falls, ghostly prison, sphere of safety, lightmine field

>>49826513
It is only too strong in the first few turns, honestly. And In my playgroup, the cost for being that strong that early is getting hatefucked off the table.
>>
>>49826905
got most of these looking for more exciting obscure shit desu.
>>
>>49826943
Your lands and creatures gain shroud, all you need to do is not attack. It's bailed me out plenty, try it before you knock it. Also try aegis of the gods, glacial chasm, painful quandary, polluted bonds, wound reflection.
>>
>>49826334
Angel's Grace, Fortune Thief and Darkness to stay alive
>>
>>49826968
More exiting? OK give me a minute famalam
>>
>>49826905
"Hated out" isn't a good reason for a card to not be banned. Why is any card banned if someone running an over powered card can be hated out?
>>
>>49821374
Dead eye,Derevi,some green broken shit,idk mang,I just want B/G to go away
>>
>>49827046
Because some things win the game, other things help you win the game, and sol ring is only useful VERY early, or as part of a janky brago combo.
>>
>>49825699
The trick with tef man is when he dies, you recast him with the floating mana you kept generating with his minus until he self destructs. When you recast him, you can use his abilities over and over, as many times as you activated the chain Veil during the turn. Then you rinse and repeat. You have to keep track of all the activations, though most people will just scoop as you'll eventually be able to draw your deck.
>>
>>49827073
Why have the answer for a incredibly strong early game booster that every deck runs be "just hate them out"? Why have a card around that screams "everyone hate me out if I play this t1 or t2 or lose" when you could just simply ban the over powered card.
>>
File: Aurification_ON.jpg (68KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Aurification_ON.jpg
68KB, 312x445px
>>49826968
>>49827017

Aurification, meekstone, crackdown, nevermore, Darksteel mutation, no mercy, worship.

Still have these?
>>
>>49824403
Got the Oloro list m8?
>>
>>49827160
Because, philosophically, very few things should be banned, and Sol Ring doesn't fit the criteria. Primetime and Prophet are banned because the second they hit the field, people stop whatever they're doing to make sure that they can copy/steal/remove/exile it. When Sol Ring hits the field, quite often it's a disadvantage because people recognize how powerful it is early game. 1v1 a t1 sol ring is an issue, multiplayer, someone will have removal, and every player will remember that captian cock-swain dropped it t1, thus making it a poor play in terms of politics.

Personally I think black braids should be legal in the 99, because much like sol ring it's really only busted t2/t3, and a single card is statistically unlikely to come up consistently enough in that situation to be a problem, much like sol ring.

The problem with sol ring is the mythos that surrounds it. All these janky t1/t2 insta-kills all involve sol ring because it generates early turn advantage, ignoring the part that you won't be able to tutor it for at least a few turns unless it's in your opening hand.
>>
>>49827170
know of them, a lot are still under consideration but thanks.
>>
File: zada.png (129KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
zada.png
129KB, 223x311px
I am building pic related and need help cutting cards.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/20-09-16-zada/

Also feel free to suggest cards I might have missed
>>
How does one fight the UGx monster without becoming a UGx monster?
>>
>>49827349
ruric is what other people tend to suggest here but i have no idea if it's really effective against a real UGx spike deck
>>
>>49827349
Destroy their lands.
>>
>>49827371
It's not, really.
>>
>>49822625
Where?
>>
>>49826544
Purph, DT, Deadeye, Sol Ring?
WEAK.

Necropotence and T&N?
Yeah I can see that.
>>
Reminder that Wizards have established Expeditions/Masterpiece/ghost rares as a thing and Amonkhet is absolutely going to have "Master Spells: Instants and Sorceries"
>>
>>49827349
Stax, quality removal, and efficient beaters. The thing about UGx that no one realizes, is more often than not late game their ramp are dead draws, which means that when they do draw, they're going to draw dead things late game. If you can control the board until end game, you're going to be in good shape. Pluck out their wincons, and eventually all that's left is card draw, ramp, and their commander.
>>
>>49827238
>Turn 1 sol ring is... A poor play in terms of politics
This is why I play Purph tho. Politics is what other players do if they want to stop me.
Who's the threat, bitches? I AM.
Come at me. I dropped Purph on turn 2 and you're all gonna feel it.
>>
Give me that obscure tech you thought would work but doesn't.
>>
>>49827474
what the fuck

tooth and nail isn't broken at all, it's a 9 mana card that lets you tutor for a win condition. can be countered, bounced, routed, whatever in response

necropotence isn't really broken because you need 3 skulls to cast it (not that good in multicolor decks) and you don't get the cards on the same turn. no matter what, your opponents will be able to hate you for a full turn each in response to you casting the necropotence before you can even use most of those cards. there's the life cost too, which isn't really a big deal but it's still there

both are strong cards but i wouldn't call them broken at all
>>
>>49827323
Cut

>Dynavolt Tower
>Everflowing Chalice
>Hammer of Purphoros
>Goblin War Drums
>Possibility Storm
>Electrostatic Pummeler
>Guttersnipe
>Hoard-Smelter Dragon
>Ornithopter
>Rakka Mar
>Tyrant of Discord
>Harnessed Lightning

I've also got a Zada deck, and I've tested a few of these cards (Guttersnipe, Hoardsmelter, and Rakka Mar) and these just don't really work as well as you'd think.

The other cards are either too high of curve, low impact, or just not needed.

You really should get Goblin Warchief and Goblin Chieftan. Both are extremely needed.
>>
>>49827517
So? It's not like any of them will be unobtainable or unique. You don't want swag, buy the $2 printing.
>>
>>49827517
No one here particularly cares. I just wait until standard rotates, then pick up the vast majority of things insanely cheap.
>>
>>49827547
Resolved T&N is game over. And if it won't resolve you shouldn't be casting it.
>>
File: Gustcloak Savior.png (122KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Gustcloak Savior.png
122KB, 223x311px
>>49827541
Seems good, but I literally can't think of a single reason to run this card over something else.
>>
>>49827557
>implying Damnation, Capture of Jingzhou, and Cryptic Command have $2 printings
>>
File: Recycle_TE.jpg (57KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Recycle_TE.jpg
57KB, 312x445px
>>49827541
>>
File: 1336673100358.jpg (19KB, 294x294px) Image search: [Google]
1336673100358.jpg
19KB, 294x294px
>tfw you get a whole lot of energy stored up
>tfw 4 whole activations of Aetherworks Marvel doubled with Kurkesh, combod with Unwinding Clock so I did it on their turns
>tfw playing Aethersquall Ancient and Contagion Engine for one red mana

Anyone else using energy counters in EDH?? I've built a Grixis deck with a whole bunch of energy stuff thrown in and it's actually pretty fun, can't wait till Aether Revolt and there's more fun stuff to energize
>>
File: Goblin Bomb_WL.jpg (65KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Goblin Bomb_WL.jpg
65KB, 312x445px
>>49827541
Sure as hell is fun, though
>>
>>49827595
what stops you from casting cyclonic rift in response, or saccing a guy to proc grave pact, or using any instant removal of any kind
>>
>>49827170
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/marchesa-very-nice-0-creatures/

Current list for reference, should have posted before.
>>
>>49827612
did this goblin cook poo for this guy or what
>>
>>49827595
>a resolved 9mana spell is game over

As it should be
>>
>>49821624
I sensibly chuckl'd.
>>
>>49827238
>When Sol Ring hits the field, quite often it's a disadvantage because people recognize how powerful it is early game.
What kind of shitty deck can't utilize their t1 sol ring? I've won games by having a t1 sol ring and it lasting for the next turn. Shits crazy
>>
>>49821486
Your stuff loses summoning sickness the moment they experience one of your Upkeep Phases. As long as they entered before that then you're fine.
>>
>>49827707
>Look at how cut throat I am everyone
>>
>>49827598
Lets you swing fully into open blockers and remove every creature who got blocked from combat if it's to your afvantage. The only better thing for this situation is Odric and getting to choose how things block.
>>
>>49827769
>I can't come up with an argument so I'll resort to greentexting

T&N has plenty of room for interaction post-resolution. Bounce/Destroy/Exile/Steal/Sacrifice/Fog/BLOCKING/Humility Effects
>>
Wasn't Metalworker banned for a while? It could probably go back on the list, honestly. I play with it and it enables absolutely disgusting shit at any stage of the game.

Blightsteel on T2 was a fun one.
>>
>>49827659
The point, my fuzzy friend, is that Tooth and Nail isn't cast into those sorts of situations. It's cast when it will win the game, and if it won't win the game (like when the blue player has enough mana to OVERLOAD CYCLONIC RIFT) then you don't. Fucking. Cast. It.
>>
>>49827839
>wait until the guy playing white doesnt have enough mana to cast StoP

okay bratan
>>
>>49827796
But why would I swing if I know I'm going to get blocked, and lose? This is the issue. It's a net neutral because the creatures don't deal combat damage. Sure, with 10 million weenies it could be good because it allows you to keep blockers that you attacked with, without blowing them up. But why would you attack with something you want to block with in the first place?

Idk, I think it's just a philosophically oppositional card to my play-style.
>>
File: recon.jpg (71KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
recon.jpg
71KB, 312x445px
>>49827598
>>49827796
>>
>>49827839
So your argument is
>a nine mana spell resolving against an opposing board with 0 mana open is game over

How new are you to magic?
>>
>>49827861
>when this creature attacks, tap...
>get WR commander and ALL the multiple battle phase cards
>laff
>>
>>49827832
>Wasn't Metalworker banned for a while?
Yes, in fact I had forgotten it was unbanned.
>>
File: Lim-Dul.jpg (34KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Lim-Dul.jpg
34KB, 223x310px
>>49827889
That could actually be nea-

>>49827866
>W mana
>same effect
>no body to blow up
Shit, I guess I'm running that.

Now this is a card I've never been able to use.
>>
>>49827866
This. Gustcloak Savior isn't useful if you're attacking smartly. Reconnaissance gives everyone pseudo-vigilance as you can use it after combat damage is dealt when they aren't blocked.
>>
>>49827645
I love the idea of storing up energy, and if they make a legendary creature that produces/uses energy I'll definitely build a deck around it. As it is right now, there aren't enough good energy cards to really build around.
>>
>>49827541
I've had some games where it's pulled so much work, but then there's just too many games where you don't have the time to do anything with it
>>
>>49827860
>>49827869
I didn't say 0 mana. I just said "if it will win the game." Mikaeus + Triskelion doesn’t give a shit if you have spot removal or a sac outlet trigger or 6 mana for Rout or a steal effect or whatever.
Tooth & Nail is, if there's an opening, everyone's dead.
>>
>>49822997
Love Not of This World, but can we get a reprint with new art please? Noodle-arm Eldrazi here is just not as cool as this card wants it to be.
>>
>>49828094
I like the noodle arm eldrazi. I'd much rather that than some CGI monstrosity, even though the eldrazi art was pretty darn good.
>>
>>49827556
Thanks for the suggestions. I'm not sure I agree with all the cuts, but I will consider them
>>
File: 1317566513477.png (8KB, 142x99px) Image search: [Google]
1317566513477.png
8KB, 142x99px
>>49827649
I once one-shot someone with with goblin bomb and a furnace of rath. It shouldn't have happened, but, oh baby, it did, and it was good.
>>
File: lol.gif (767KB, 500x381px) Image search: [Google]
lol.gif
767KB, 500x381px
>>49827645
>tfw Harnessed Lightning + Ink-Treader Nephilim
>>
>>49826632
>Unless your deck costs over a thousand dollars, it just sounds like your meta runs very low powered decks

actually in reply to this:

yeah, this sort of the case. but not really. players indeed run some low-power decks in my meta, but not always. there's another player specifically who also plays aggressive stuff, but the crucial difference is that my decks come online quickly and hard, and his usually decks come online slow but steady. so basically he's usually in a better position because the other guys will burn their good shit on putting me down, allowing him to swoop in and take the lead. i try to remind them that my card draw and wide early board state of weenies doesn't really end the game, but his massive creatures and big spells do. maybe at some point they will start listening to me

but whatever it's not that problematic since i don't mind being the target early on. i find it more fun to be archenemy for 10 minutes and lose than durdle around for 40 minutes and then asspull a victory.
>>
>>49827973
Except that combo is easily disrupted by Removal/grave hate
>>
>>49828094
I have a foil, and I think it looks great
>>
>>49821244
This is pretty neat with Whitemane Lion
>>
>>49828191
>>49828528
That's fair, different strokes and all. Eldrazi can be easy to fuck up too, and at least of the Rise Eldrazi I can't think of any outright bad ones. I just look at my playset of promo Thought-Knot Seers and dream of something really magical, you know?
>>
>>49827832
>Blightsteel on T2
Excuse me
>>
>>49828741
Sol ring crypt metalworker

Tap reveal 6 artifacts =12 mana

It has to be the nuttiest of nut draws
>>
>>49826227
>decks that aren't green are bullshit
Midrange please go
>>
>>49826513
>he can't play 1 v 3
Get good scrub
>>
File: silumgar.png (314KB, 701x274px) Image search: [Google]
silumgar.png
314KB, 701x274px
I was wondering how interesting a Silumgar deck could be, reanimator seems like a decent idea with Xenograft and Conspiracy.

I was wondering if anyoen had any spicy ideas outside of the basics of EDHrec?
>>
File: 635032499920748104.jpg (281KB, 1201x873px) Image search: [Google]
635032499920748104.jpg
281KB, 1201x873px
>>49825644
All of them
>>
>>49828807
Ring and Crypt are in the deck I use with Blighsteel, but they weren't on my field when I pulled that off. They're still gross.

>play Buried Ruin T1
>batshit Norin chaos deck poops out Mountain, Mass Hysteria, Crypt, Ring, Extraplanar Lens and imprints his Mountain
>play Mountain T2, dump out Metalworker, reveal 6 artifacts, drop Blighsteel, table scoops
>>
>>49827825
T&N critters win with their ETBs alone. Having them afterward is just win more.
>>
>>49827547
Necro is extremely overpowered bullshit.
Phyrexian Arena/Dark Confidant are already excellent, and Necro is so much better than both.
>>
>>49829369
it's arguably the best draw spell in the game but i just don't see it as ban material. it doesn't instantly win you the game or prompt an immediate response, it just makes it impossible for you to gas out as long as it's on the table.

i haven't seen what it does outside monoblack though
>>
>>49827606
>Implying they will print Damnation
>>
>>49829545
I'd be a little surprised if they didn't for the turbo rares on a plane ruled by a Grixis-aligned planeswalker
>>
>>49829603
The colours really don't matter. I just see no reason for them to reprint colourshifted cards. If they're gonna print a 4cmc wrath, it's gonna be the white 'real' one. I would prefer a Toxic Deluge as a 'Tolarian scrolls'-print.
>>
>>49829513
I have, I run it in my Ghave deck. It's rarely done anything special to be honest, but that's mostly because most of my things are sorcery speed.
Interesting fact though, I have the only version of Necro where the wording is different on the card and as far as I know, it's the only special card of it's kind. In Deckmasters foil of Necro the second ability of the card states "when you discard a card, exile it instead", where as with others the exiling is a trigger rather than a replacement effect.
>>
>>49827612
Works in Azusa. Has won me games when I draw into Crossroads and Avenger of Zendikar.
>>
>>49829329
Care to provide an example of said etb creatures with which there are no ways to interact?
>>
Shit, I opened a Westvale Abbey

I should be able to put it into a white token deck, right? Or does it have color identity?
>>
>>49830288
It's got a black color identity. Sucks too, cuz the colors that really want it are Green and White.

Ghave likes it.
>>
>>49830288
Ormendahl has a black color identity
>>
>>49830301
>>49830306

Fuck. Guess I'll sit on it until I build something to put it on
>>
>tfw no loli commander
>>
>>49827612
good in frog
>>
>>49826203

>muh balance is good against UG decks

Balance is just an artifact stax card, artifact decks don't need anymore help relative to UG decks
>>
>>49830325
Demon tribal

Or anything with a lot of sac effects
>>
>>49830325
build endrek sahr
>>
>>49830407
all hail endrek

may you reign forever (or until you miscalculate the amount of thrulls you'll have and accidentally sac him)
>>
>>49830391
It's just plain effective against U/G decks, which was the point of that post. R/W would love it.
>>
>>49830392
>>49830407

I actually pulled a couple things that could work well in UB Zombies

I guess I have a future project
>>
>>49821244
My Alesha deck loves it, extra card draw and in some weird niche cases, more artifacts for Pia and Kiran to chuck. 8/10
>>
File: IMG_5882.png (953KB, 716x1000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5882.png
953KB, 716x1000px
>>49830383
>tfw no lolis in mtg period
>>
>>49830730
>Little Girl
>Cloistered Youth
>creepy black vampire twins

You don't have much, but better than nothing. And appropriately all W/B.
>>
>>49830730
You'll get lolis when we get boy angels
>>
File: 88b.jpg (56KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
88b.jpg
56KB, 312x445px
>>49830730

You have shotas. Kinda
>>
Why isn't Havengul Lich a legendary
>>
>>49830835
The same reason Brutal Hordechief isn't legendary
>>
File: little girl.jpg (69KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
little girl.jpg
69KB, 312x445px
>>49830730
>>
>>49830476

RW artifacts would love it, it's not good in most of the RW decks posted here, the UG deck would just recover faster
>>
>>49830944
Enchanment decks would also rejoice
>>
>>49830770
>not knowing the difference between kids and lolis

wew
>>
What do you think of my Brago deck? http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/brago-king-cuck/
Im trying for a more casual thing and not be super competitive with it, so any suggestions are appreciated
>>
>>49830989

True, it's strong in enchantment decks but it's truly broken is artifact decks

I just think people who want balance and limited resources unbanned haven't really considered how broken they are in artifact decks, artifacts are mana sources whereas there aren't that many enchantments that make mana
>>
>>49831061
The main pull for it in white enchantment deck would be serra's Sanctum
>>
>>49831054
>dovin baan
>>
>>49831111

Planeswalkers are pretty decent with brago
>>
>>49821374
Unban everything except prophet of kruphix. That bitch needs to stay dead.
>>
what kind of cards should i get for monoblack control if i want something "winmorey" but not terrible? like cards to tutor for in those "i'm winning on the board right now but probably not for long" situations. usually, i tutor for necropotence or something like caged sun right now, but those don't really do anything drastic

i have exsanguinate and am thinking of adding grave betrayal. but that's about all the ideas i have right now

unrelated why is this shitty website making me solve like 10 capchkas in a row now
>>
>>49831061
I play Hanna and I'd want to see Limited Resources unbanned just to punish excessive landramp. Balance I wouldn't, since it's way too powerful, and I wouldn't want that kind of power, because I couldn't handle the responsibility.
Still, if they both got unbanned, I would play both of them in her. They're probably the strongest stax cards ever made.
Beats my god hand with 2 Smokestacks and a Mana Vortex on T3.
>>
>>49822293
Why do people keep falling for the Jori En player trap?
>If I go out of my way to cast tiny worthless spells, I can draw additional tiny worthless spells sometimes!
She's fine in the 99 though, but don't go out of your way building around her.
>>
>>49831405
Stronghold Overseer is a great control wincon.
>>
>>49831163
Not shitty planeswalkers though
>>
>>49831163
Planeswalkers are good with Brago because you can use them twice per turn, which with Dovin will net you two cards and 4 life or, rarely, stop two abilities from activating. While that might be relevent in your meta, generally speaking it's a fairly weak ability in commander, and you have most relevent active abilities covered with Lavinia already, so I'll focus on the card draw. You could instead be running Mulldrifter, which will net you 4 cards the first turn you play it with Brago out and then 2 cards per turn after that, with a 2/2 flying body. It can also be played as a Divination on turn 3 if you somehow have no better play. Mulldrifter also synergizes with 7 of your cards to allow you to draw extra cards, while Dovin Baan synergizes with just your commander. Yes, you already have the fairy that draws 2 on etb from Kaladesh, but you should probably be running Mulldrifter as well. Draw 2 cards with the potential to draw more every turn is an incredibly powerful effect
>>
>>49831163
>>49832284
I do like the manifest tech tho. I used to run those before I took my Brago deck apart. Have you considered Mastery of the Unseen? Being able to hold up a hand full of interaction and then filling your board EOT with permanents for Brago to flip is really powerful
>>
>>49822997
I run this in every deck where its relevant.
>>
>>49831163
Then you should be running the likes of Elpeth, sun's champion and Jace Beleren over Dovin.

Elspeth lets you gum up the ground with 6 power of dudes every time you connect with Brago and she can wrath all those retarded fatties so you can get back to attacking with your little value guys.

Jace Beleren nets you the same amount of cards as dovin but can be used to curry favour with people.

On the subject of planeswalkers, why aren't you running Oath of Jace? That card is crazy good with Brago.

I think the planeswalkers in my brago deck are as follows:

>Jace, architect of thought (this guy is miles better than Dovin too)
>Gideon Jura (beats people up or protects my life total and other planeswalkers, can be blinked to replenish his loyalt so they can come at him again)
>Elspeth sun's champion (does everything you want on a planeswalker in white)
>Narset transcendant (I'm fairly creature light)
>Tamiyo, the moon sage (better than Dovin too)
>Teferi, temporal archmage (untapping 8 things a turn is pretty good)
>>
File: Image.ashx.jpg (30KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.ashx.jpg
30KB, 223x310px
>>49822997
No, this is the best counter. Nobody sees it coming. Ever.
>>
>>49832494
Any reason why you aren't running Venser? M1 he gets your Brago through to hit if you need it, M2 he nets you another flicker
>>
>>49832567
Because I couldn't be fucked to buy a 2nd one and he's living in my Tazri deck right now.
>>
File: 196.jpg (60KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
196.jpg
60KB, 312x445px
>>49822997
>>49832554
Neither of those is Wild Richocet.
>>
>>49832901
>>49832901
New thread!
Thread posts: 332
Thread images: 49

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.