[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/ccg/ Custom Card General /cct/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 341
Thread images: 118

File: Magic Primer (+1).png (2MB, 1401x1800px) Image search: [Google]
Magic Primer (+1).png
2MB, 1401x1800px
Turn this thread face down. (It becomes a 2/2 creature.) edition!

To make cards, download MSE for free from here
http://magicseteditor.sourceforge.net/

>Hi-Res MSE Templates
http://pastebin.com/Mph6u6WY

>Mechanics doc (For the making of color pie appropriate cards)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgaKCOzyqM48dFdKRXpxTDRJelRGWVZabFhUU0RMcEE

>Read this before you post your shitty card!
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Jn1J1Mj-EvxMxca8aSRBDj766rSN8oSQgLMOXs10BUM

>Design articles by Wizards
http://pastebin.com/Ly8pw7BR

>Q: Can there be a sixth color?
A: http://pastebin.com/kNAgwj7i

>Q: What's the difference between multicolor and hybrid?
A: http://pastebin.com/yBnGki1C

>Q: What is precedence?
A: http://pastebin.com/pGxMLwc7

>Art sources.
http://www.artstation.com/
http://drawcrowd.com/
http://fantasygallery.net/
http://grognard.booru.org/
http://fantasy-art-engine.tumblr.com/

>Stitch cards together with
http://old.photojoiner.net/

>/ccg/ sets (completed and in development)
http://pastebin.com/hsVAbnMj

OT: >>49803343
>>
File: Zachary Zatara4.jpg (44KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Zachary Zatara4.jpg
44KB, 375x523px
So, finished Zatanna, decided to try doing her cousin. In lore, he basically does the same thing Zatanna does, but he's less powerful and can't directly affect people. The card is actually based on an earlier draft of Zatanna that turned things face down, trying to play with her magician aspect by treating the cards in Magic as actual cards, not representations of things.
>>
File: Master of Shapes.jpg (50KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Master of Shapes.jpg
50KB, 375x523px
Its a thing for the theme, I guess.
>>
>>49831727
Why not just give changeling to the face down creatures if you're already using it?
>>
>>49831762
Because Mirror Entity gives "all creature types" and not Changeling?
>>
>>49831762
Not him, but I don't think Lorwyn gave out Changeling like that either.
>>
File: Spearmaiden.png (225KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Spearmaiden.png
225KB, 375x523px
>>49831677
Works for me. It's an interesting (and according to MaRo, very blue) form of removal. I like GU here because manifest fits in GU the best fit, I think.

>>49831727
At common? I dunno about that man.

>card
So I was looking at trample, and came up with this... weirdness. Reverse-trample anyone?
>>
>>49831898
>because manifest fits in GU the best fit
God god what the fuck did I just type here? I need coffee.
>>
File: Unearthed Horrors.jpg (38KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Unearthed Horrors.jpg
38KB, 375x523px
>>49831898
I really like it, a mechanic like that is long overdue.
>>
File: Tommy Shepherd Speed5.jpg (47KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Tommy Shepherd Speed5.jpg
47KB, 375x523px
I posted this in the last thread, and I asked why Pro Sorcery doesn't seem to really be a thing, but I didn't get an answer. Does anyone have any ideas as to why?

>>49831898
>Zachary Zatara
Cool.

>Spearmaiden
Huh... Eh, not entirely sure about this. I feel like it would give Red nightmares though. I could actually see something similar as a mechanic for a card
>Whenever ~ blocks, it deals damage equal to its power to attacking player.
I think. Though I don't think that would be keyworded.

>>49831911
Well, it happens to all of us eventually.

>>49831946
Name and art belong on a Black or BG card. I mean, it seems fine otherwise, but there's just a huge flavor disconnect for me.
>>
>>49832000
That is, does anyone have any ideas why Pro Sorcery is not a thing, not ideas on why I didn't get an answer.
>>
>>49831946
Thanks. I was thinking of what colors it would fit with, and honestly GW doesn't have an evergreen keyword yet, does it? Vigilance might be the closest, especially following current design trends. I think it fits primary white for sure, possibly primary green as well. Secondary... black, actually is where I see it fitting. No tertiary colors at the moment, because red is like, the antithesis of this keyword and blue shouldn't be doing any combat damage tricks. Though, tertiary red might be okay. Like, if it helps make the card concept work somehow, like Flash.

>Unearthed Horrors
Since you're doing a set, I'd toss some setcodes onto the cards to keep them organized. Forgot to mention that before. This might be a bit much at that combination of cost and rarity. I realize enchantments don't matter much, but I'd personally limit it by specifying Aura. It plays into the creature thing better, and justifies the rarity and cost better too.
>>
>>49832014
Probably because most protection was color based and then hexproof mostly filled that slot anyway.
>>
>>49832000
>>49832014
>That is, does anyone have any ideas why Pro Sorcery is not a thing, not ideas on why I didn't get an answer.
This kills the incoming joke.

As to why? Well... I dunno. Maybe they never thought that conveying speed would come across that way? It does with your card, by the way. I like it, though you need to do more not-Boros stuff, like you said. It's not like it's not a legit typeline or something, but "non-standard" protections, hate to say this, go to blue as often as they don't, so don't be surprised if someone says something along this line.

>Spearmaiden
As a one-off, almost anything is valid for a card mechanic as long as it works within the rules. Why do you think this doesn't deserve a keyword but Trample does? Defensive play not being something that should be encouraged? I can see that I suppose, to a degree.
>>
>>49832055
>GW doesn't have an evergreen keyword yet, does it?
Not him, but it's definitely Vigilance. It's been in mono-Green more times than Prowess has been in Blue and Red combined. (This was through a very quick search, so there could be stuff I missed that threw the number off.)

>tertiary
Frankly, I don't want every keyword to have a tertiary color. Kinda waters down the color pie, I think.
>>
>>49832136
>Vigilance
As I thought, yeah. I guess this would be a time where a keyword would be primary one color, secondary two, tertiary none. That works for me.
>>
>>49832000
>Name and art belong...
Didn't find a card with that name on gatherer and google.
The art is from a guy from deviantart.
So please stop pulling stuff out of your ass.
>>
>>49832183
He's saying they fit a black card better thematically, not that they already exist on a card.
>>
File: Pamela Isley Poison Ivy4.jpg (50KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Pamela Isley Poison Ivy4.jpg
50KB, 375x523px
>>49832124
True. Even Pro Instant only has three cards, including the one that grants Pro Sorcery.

>>49832127
>Speed
Well, I guess he could be mono-Red. Or UR. Yeah, I should try more colors. Especially Green, which I seem to have a big lack of, though that doesn't really surprise me all too much.

>Spearmaiden
Frankly, I don't think it's very untuitive. It's kinda obvious with Trample that it deals the excess damage since it's attacking. I feel like there isn't the same... obviousness, I guess, with this one. Could be wrong though, I guess we'll see.

>>49832168
Well, Lifelink for one doesn't have a tertiary color. Uh, Menace, for now anyway. Reach.

>>49832183
Yeah, what >>49832213 said. I guess I should've said "I feel like this name and art belong more on a Black or BG card."
>>
>>49832213
My bad then, he might be right on that, I could also see it in Abzan since W/G is enchantments and G/B is creatures from graveyards.
>>
File: CB04 Glowering Envoy.jpg (42KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
CB04 Glowering Envoy.jpg
42KB, 375x523px
>>49830930
I really don't think the hybrid mana will be a problem. I'm not blanket-using it in a fashion that would dilute draft (or at least, that isn't my intention). I'll make some adjustments on my white commons.

In the meantime, is this more at home at uncommon? Or is it fine at common?
>>
File: Bizarro Reverse Superman.jpg (45KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Bizarro Reverse Superman.jpg
45KB, 375x523px
>>49832275
Well, I was talking about flavor, not mechanics. Yeah, the mechanics wouldn't really fit on a mB card. Maaaybe a BG card though.
>>
File: Gytra the Instigator.png (339KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Gytra the Instigator.png
339KB, 375x523px
>>49832243
>Spearmaiden
Well it's not like it's for a set or anything, I just like making keywords. UB is my Moby Dick though. Dear god how can two colors be allied yet share so little design space that ALL the enemy color pairs have more?

Reposting this shitwalker because I like it. Thanks again to the anon last thread that inspired it. Speaking of last thread, I should really get on reviewing that one anon's commons. Promises, promises.
>>
>>49832280
>No feedback on my card in response; requests feedback on his
Shame on you Timeanon, you know better than this.

The card you posted is an uncommon.

>>49832307
God I love this so much. It might be my favorite CO card you've made.
>>
File: download.jpg (256KB, 1350x377px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
256KB, 1350x377px
>>
File: Unearthed Horrors_2.jpg (42KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Unearthed Horrors_2.jpg
42KB, 375x523px
>>49832307
Here is the new version, should fit better mechanicalwise and flavorwise.
Most horrors in my set are enchantment creatures, that's why I think the flavor is fitting.
I probably could've done more with it, but the goal for this one was to make a multicolor pseudo draw for common.
I didn't want to make it too complicated.
>>
>>49832356
>God I love this so much. It might be my favorite CO card you've made.
Me am very sad to hear that.

Hmm, what could I do with a Bizzaro World card?
>>
>>49832280
Without menace I could see it in common, but uncommon is probably best for it.
>>
>>49831094
Missing a comma after battlefield. Other than that, I love it. For such a complex concept, you translated its flavor to MTG mechanics really well.
>>49831946
Shift+enter between choices to prevent that gaping space between your modes.
>>49832000
>Protection from sorceries
My guess is because protection is less common now, and they just never got around to it. Protection from instants is a thing, after all, so it clearly can be done.
>card
Another case of good translation from flavor to mechanics. I like it.
>>49832316
>>49832356
>>49830930
I was in the process of typing up a larger feedback post for a few people, man. Yourself included.
>Gytra
Suuuuper disappointing ult. I mean, I get that it's an effect that's generally expensive, and it's certainly efficient removal, but ults are supposed to be big and flashy and game-changing, and this just falls flat.
>>
>>49832527
So what am I looking at here? The makings of a set? If it is, I don't like the Vigilants caring about a different spell cast over the course of a turn than the Shaman. Makes for a discordant feel to the whole thing. All these cards seem pretty well balanced and at the right rarity, except maybe Mind Tether. Not too sure this is okay. Look at Domesticate.

>>49832528
This version could work in GW if you need it to. For me, the earlier one being GW hybrid made me want it to feel more like that.
>>
>>49832527
>disregard
Put a new line between counter and scry.

>mind tether
Would the raise cmc to X2U
>>
>>49832528
Ah, nice, much more fitting. Though the effects should be reversed, to match the color order.

So, tell us more about your set... *looks at expansion symbol* Tentacle anon. (Unless you're another anon I don't recognize.)
>>
>>49832316
The -8 seems too weak, considering your opponents creatures will have haste for 3 turns before you can use it.
>>
>>49832559
A tapping enchantment that makes mana (land).

>>49832571
Keep in mind it's a 3-mana walker too. Honestly, it could maybe even be cheaper, but I didn't want that -2 to be anything less than 3 mana for a one-off.

Also chillax, I was fucking with you. If I were mad would I have answered your question?
>>
>>49832618
Even on a CMC3 walker? Hm. Well, 6 seems too low, but maybe it's not? I went cautious with it because I didn't want to make it too good. I am not that strong at PW design, but I knew what I wanted it to do. I could tack a "Repeat this process." onto it? Simple buff that adds minimal words and still has a potential downside.
>>
>>49832628
>tapping enchantment
triggered
>>
>>49832691
Exactly.
>>
>>49832600
I think you're right, but I will bump the merfolk down to a common to compensate and add a toughness.

I see where you are coming from with domesticate, but I was comparing it to mind control personally. I feel like its worse overall.
>>
File: Still the Soul.png (190KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Still the Soul.png
190KB, 375x523px
Total attack lockdown, how could this possibly be abused
>>
>>49832714
>worse overall
It is, but I think Domesticate is more WotC saying "we don't want permanent creature stealing at anything less than four mana at uncommon" moreso than CMC balance overall.
>>
>>49832724
>sideboard: the card
It doesn't need to be abused, it's as straightforwardly annoying enough as it is.
>>
>>49832628
>Keep in mind it's a 3-mana walker too.
Yeah, it isn't the effectiveness or the suitability of the ult I take issue with. It just fails to feel like an ult, if that makes sense.
>Also chillax, I was fucking with you.
I know, man. I'm not pissy. I just over-explain sometimes, in an effort to make up fr the text-only lack of tone. Doesn't always work.
>>
>>49832724
You would have to word it like
>Enchanted creature can't attack.
>Creatures enchanted player controls can't attack.
But still i don't think that it would work the way you wanted it to.
>>
File: 11.jpg (68KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
11.jpg
68KB, 312x445px
>>49832724
At NINE CMC, Blazing Archon is one of the most powerful creatures ever printed, comparable only to stuff like Iona. It is CONSIDERABLY easier to remove than your card.

The Suffuse cost has to be at least 9 mana for that card to be balanced.
>>
>>49831188
>>49823548 Wasn't me.
>>
>>49832782
Well, I added a "Repeat this process once." to the ult to make it beefier. I'd think potential removal of four of an opponent's creatures should be enough, while keeping that "you might have to get your own creatures involved and lose one" drawback feel to it, hence the no "may" options on anything.
>>
>>49832795
Ah, okay. Well still, I'll give 'em a looksie in a bit.
>>
File: Harley Quinn.jpg (46KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Harley Quinn.jpg
46KB, 375x523px
>>49832316
>UB is my Moby Dick though. Dear god how can two colors be allied yet share so little design space that ALL the enemy color pairs have more?
A riddle for the ages, and the very reason Wizards is having so much trouble with UB evergreen too. The little design space they share is either too weak (mill) or too complex (eg. casting cards from an opponent's graveyard).

>>49832571
>Speed
Thanks. Hmm, I was just thinking about G cards, and I still need to do Hulkling. Think I might've found my next card.
>>
>>49832880
Would raise the cmc to 2RR

>Pic
fugg, due the thumbail for a moment I thought it was Sephiroth.
>>
File: Whispered Revelation.png (274KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Whispered Revelation.png
274KB, 375x523px
Woo, M15 miracle templates!
Because everyone loooooooved miracle

>>49832789
Noted. I'll probably take it in a more Ghostly Prison direction.
>>
>>49832974
>fugg, due the thumbail for a moment I thought it was Sephiroth.
lol And thanks for the mana suggestion.

>>49833006
>Because everyone loooooooved miracle
I barely play, and I think I've played limited all of once, online. How did people like Miracle?
>>
File: Hathre Dimension Shepherd.jpg (44KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Hathre Dimension Shepherd.jpg
44KB, 375x523px
>>49832614
I guess I could upload what I did so far...
I have around ~130 cards in the set from which the greatest bulk is dedicated to a mechanic called myth (see pic related).
I've been working on the set the last two years (although I've had long months of drought periods where I completely stopped working on it)
Since I've posted most of my cards in older threads I don't like to repost them, since they have been reviewed already and are in my eyes finished.
Currently I'm making cards using face down mechanics (even though I always come back to other stuff).
The set is inspired by lovecraft so I have a ton of gods, horrors, cultists and monsters.
G is supposed to care about noncreature permanents and putting +1/+1 counters on them and then later reuse them.
U is about permanents copying other permanents of the same type and merfolk.
W is about flickering myth creatures back, banishing and stalling.
R turns things into mountains and then transforms them or uses creatures/spells that get stronger if creatures are damaged but still alive.
B tries to reanimate dead horrors by removing their myth counter and it uses -1/-1 counters that can also get use on your own permanents.
The set also hase some themed multicolor cards, like defender centered stuff on UW or using +1/+1 counters as fuel for damage in GR.
Other than that I've been trying forever to make a good human cultist mechanic work, but no iteration so far have been satisfactory.
I've also tried some variations on other mechanics like metalcraft for enchantments, but none feels right.
>>
>>49833049
>I guess I could upload what I did so far...
Not all of them at once! Just collages. Like, common Blue cards, rare Black cards, etc.
>>
>>49833024
You know that feeling you get when you lose to a topdecked answer? Imagine if you lost to a topdecked answer that ALSO wouldn't have won if it was already sitting in your opponent's hand.
>>
File: UB ideas.jpg (173KB, 750x523px) Image search: [Google]
UB ideas.jpg
173KB, 750x523px
>>49832880
Honestly, UB could have a "magic, motherfucker!" keyword along the same vein as Prowess, since black is kinda the "do anything" color. So long as it didn't just do P/T adjustment and didn't do evasion, it'd be okay I think. I... just can't think of anything. I did make these though. Thing is, Lapse is probably more BR, and Deceptive is just "ninjutsu+morph" and probably worse than Emerge sort of so meh. Speaking of Emerge, I recall some people saying that could be a potential UB keyword, but I dunno if it's basic enough. Plus, I don't think they'd evergreen something with a mana cost/mana anything attached to it.

I agree that Harley needs to be a bit spendier. Also I dunno if it fits her character; she actually isn't a rabid dog I don't think. She's more of a "lol so randumb" sort, even if she is combat capable. At least, I'm going off BtAS here.
>>
>>49833124
>black is kinda the "do anything" color
As long it has some drawback, blue is the true "do anything" color.
>>
>>49833024
It divided people, you either loved or hated it.
>>
>>49833167
Yeah yeah. I know the meme. Blue does need to be gutted though, and I say this as someone whose two favorite colors are U and B. Honestly though making cards has really made me like the other colors more, though I still suck at designing green cards.
>>
>>49832660
I think -8 is fine for 3cmc but the effect is a little bit weak, considering in what deck you are playing her.
You probably want to go aggro with your creatures, because if you didn't why are you giving them haste, for faster tap activations?
And if you don't attack you waste the haste.
The problem is here that this walker has no defensive mechanichsm (her -8 is but she won't be able to use it to protect herself)
I think most Gideons are good examples to look at here (even though he is white) most of the time he forces your opponent to attack him with his +1, which is kind of what your walker does too, since otherwise the haste on your opponents creatures is wasted.
However his other ability usually strengthens your side of the board, gets rid of their creatures or just forces your opponent to jump block since he himself can punch really hard without almost any risk.
So if you really want to keep the -8 I would probably change the -2 to something else.
>>
>>49833098
I've thought more about just uploading the MagicSetEditor set file.
>>
>>49833159
>lapse
>. . . that player discards a card at random, then draws a card.
>>
>>49833222
The -2 is really there for the second part of the effect, not the first. I don't know that all a PW's abilities have to synergize, especially since you're usually choosing the - or the ult. And here, you can play her as a walking -2 and she's worth the mana since you can hit hard, but if they are creatureless, the +2 loses its drawback. Of course, she also becomes an overcosted 1-mana enchantment at that rate... but eh.

>red walkers
>defending themselves
Nah. I like 'em cheap and reckless. That's just gonna be an "agree to disagree" thing here I guess. White being more controlly than red makes sense, and I wouldn't want to put that kind of utility into a red walker, personally. Just doesn't feel very red to me. She's got her "Repeat this process once" on her ult though.
>>
>>49833049
>G is supposed to care about noncreature permanents and putting +1/+1 counters on them and then later reuse them.
Well, I think that really only works with enchantments and lands. Has Green ever shown artifact love outside an artifact-focused set?

>U is about permanents copying other permanents of the same type and merfolk.
Merfolk? Doesn't this fit Shapeshifters more?

>W is about flickering myth creatures back, banishing and stalling.
Makes sense.

>R turns things into mountains and then transforms them or uses creatures/spells that get stronger if creatures are damaged but still alive.
Wait, what? Since when has Red turned things into Mountains, outside Blood Moon.

>B tries to reanimate dead horrors by removing their myth counter and it uses -1/-1 counters that can also get use on your own permanents.
Not sure if you should focus so much on myth counters.

>>49833155
>>49833185
Ah, swingy then?

>>49833159
>Harley
True. I could remove the auto-attack. Well, how would you do the character? For me, I tried to focus on her instability through exiling part of the library, then just making that useful.

>>49833282
If you want, I can put the link into the /ccg/ sets PasteBin when you make it.
>>
>>49833298
No, because then they'd get the draw on an empty hand.
>>
>>49833298
That gives the player a card if their hand is empty.
>>
>>49833306
Fair enough, I'm a control player anyway and hate any form of aggro.
So if this walker floats your boat, more power to you.
>>
>>49833308
I dunno how adverse you are to coin flips, but Harley could flip a coin on some trigger and impulse a card. Heads you get to cast it, tails you bash face equal to the CMC. Because with her, it's more "what random ass solution will I come up with to this Batman problem", which could be some convoluted scheme off the cuff, or hitting him with her hammer.
>>
>>49833357
Cheers then anon.
... imagine there's that brofist.png image here, I just don't want to waste the image space in the thread with reaction images.
>>
>>49833308
>Merfolk? Doesn't this fit Shapeshifters more?
The copy and Merfolkg thing are seperate.
>Since when has Red turned things into Mountains
There are enough cards that animate mountains and lightning (fragile trample tokens with haste).
And for me red was always that consistent mono deck, I always associated mountains with red for some reason and I wanted to strenghten the fantasy that the red mythic old one is a giant living blood moon.
>>
File: Teddy Altman Hulkling.jpg (50KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Teddy Altman Hulkling.jpg
50KB, 375x523px
>>49833368
Eh... if I do use coin flips, it will be a different effect. Anyway, here's Hulkling, another card I need better art for.
>>
>>49833509
>a Hulk character
>flying
I... what? I know nothing of this dude.
>>
File: Billy Kaplan Wiccan9.jpg (52KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Billy Kaplan Wiccan9.jpg
52KB, 375x523px
Didn't want to do copying at first. Oh well.

>>49833526
He's called Hulkling for being green and strong, that's it, AFAIK. He's a cross between two different alien races the Kree and the Skrulls. The Skrulls' gimmick is that they're shapeshifters. I have no idea what the Kree's gimmick is, I think it's being superhuman. So yeah, shapeshifting seemed like a natural fit for this design where you can pick and choose the bonuses.

Also, he's pic related's boyfriend. And pic related is the twin brother of >>49832000 through reincarnation, since they died in a previous reality their mother destroyed. FUCKIN' COMICS!!!
>>
File: Thunderbolt Ross.jpg (105KB, 752x523px) Image search: [Google]
Thunderbolt Ross.jpg
105KB, 752x523px
>>49833526
>>49833707
Also, notice that he doesn't have the Hulk type.
>>
File: Lovecraft_Mythics.jpg (578KB, 1500x1046px) Image search: [Google]
Lovecraft_Mythics.jpg
578KB, 1500x1046px
>>49833098
Ignore Force of Despair.
>>
>>49833830
...I don't even know where to begin. S'omot and Zhog are so cramped, I think looking at them is giving me a headache. And I can't believe with how long you've been working on this, all the little mistakes you're making. It's really convincing me that you're trying to run before you can walk.

I really am just speechless. Look, pick one, and only one, of these cards you want to talk about, and I will help you with that one. As long as it's not The First and Last, I really don't want to deal with that right now.
>>
>>49834128
Yea expected that reaction, got almost the same when I posted the old versions of them.
>S'omot/Zhog cramped
Yea, I know what's wrong and how to fix them since two of their core abilities (counters and copy) that are also used multiple times in the set can be used as keywords but so far I've rather reworked other stuff.
But I guess you get what you get when mixing finished with work in progress stuff.
Pic related are all finished cards. I know fear isn't used anymore, but I don't care it fits better flavorwise.
>>
File: Black_Creatures_Lovecraft.jpg (586KB, 1500x1046px) Image search: [Google]
Black_Creatures_Lovecraft.jpg
586KB, 1500x1046px
>>49834880
>>49834128
Didn't load for whatever reason.
>>
File: TROLL Gunna Sijurvald.jpg (52KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
TROLL Gunna Sijurvald.jpg
52KB, 375x523px
>>49834899
>Butcher of
Seems OK.

>Crawling Deathmaw
I think I'd make it
>that creature has fear.

>Fearshaper
I'd make it
>Each blocking creature gets -1/-1 until end of turn. When one of those creatures dies this turn, you gain 1 life.
Or just make it a separate ability where you gain 1 life whenever a blocking creature dies.

>Creeping Nightmare
Meh. Dunno if it needs to be rare.

>Forgotten Detheater
Meh.

>Slithering Deathfang
You got a colon and a comma mixed up.

>Souleater Glutton
Not sure about this one. Personally, I don't like it. I'd rather a rare with a much lower cost and weaker body.

>Ugly Rat
I feel like this deserves a better name.
>Intimidate
OK, I don't really like using outdated keywords, but I'm willing to overlook it. However, I can't overlook inconsistency. Fear, Intimidate, or Menace. Choose one, and only one.
>>
File: Psychophage.jpg (42KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Psychophage.jpg
42KB, 375x523px
>>49831898
It's not exactly the same, but it reminds me of this guy.
In general I think this is a fine idea. However, the flavor is pretty dang funky because a blocking creature isn't implied to be engaged with the opposing playing in any way, while an attacking creature with trample is "aiming" at the opposing player. Also, a keyword that doesn't force blocking, like defender, but encourages it might lead to new players making poor decisions and too much pillowfort playing.

Imagine a game state where neither player wants to attack, forever, because they're both at low life and have a counterstrike creature each.

It looks good on paper, otherwise, though. I'd just be aware of things like that popping up.
>>
>>49831946
I don't like this spell in mono white.
>>
File: Transfer Mind.jpg (41KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Transfer Mind.jpg
41KB, 375x523px
>>49835209
He already changed it >>49832528
>>
File: Meglonoth.jpg (31KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Meglonoth.jpg
31KB, 223x310px
>>49831898
>>49835193
>It's not exactly the same, but it reminds me of this guy.

SHIT WHOOPS
>>
File: Loghorrean Voice of Chthon.jpg (52KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Loghorrean Voice of Chthon.jpg
52KB, 375x523px
>>49833830
Is there something about Lovecraftian Horror that pushes one to cram as many lines of text as possible on one card?

Also, Grim Dawn.
>>
File: Reign By Force.jpg (50KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Reign By Force.jpg
50KB, 375x523px
>>49835237
That's what I get for not following the entire thread on the card before posting.
Transfer Mind seems fairly costed but definitely a ridiculously powerful play with tokens.
>>
File: Lovecraft_White_Creatures.jpg (554KB, 1500x1046px) Image search: [Google]
Lovecraft_White_Creatures.jpg
554KB, 1500x1046px
>>49835093
>Intimidate and fear
Well Ugly Rat felt more like something from which you would be intimidated and the deathmaw obviously fears you.
Since both are mechanically the same in black I used them for flavor (it's intended that the deathmaw can give fear to nonblack creatures).
Pic related are all finished too.
>>
File: Spellweavers Orbis.jpg (37KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Spellweavers Orbis.jpg
37KB, 375x523px
toot
>>
>>49835299
I like it, seems fairly balanced to me.
>>
File: Waylon Jones Killer Croc2.jpg (53KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Waylon Jones Killer Croc2.jpg
53KB, 375x523px
>>49835299
Well, I was thinking of a version where you could only gain control of a creature with CMC less than or equal to the sacced creature's.

>card
Interesting drawback, but pretty much meaningless when used on utility creatures.

>>49835310
Why not just cast it from the graveyard as the ability resolves?
>>
File: Dragon Disciple.jpg (44KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Dragon Disciple.jpg
44KB, 375x523px
>>49835310
This seems too powerful to me. Repeatable flashback that doesn't cost any excess mana and even disregards colored costs.
The closest thing I can think of is Dralnu Lich Lord, who requires colored mana, is (mostly) easier to remove, and even the burn protection is more of an upside-downside than all upside.
>>
File: Albrechts Aether Ray.jpg (46KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Albrechts Aether Ray.jpg
46KB, 375x523px
How terrible is this card?

I'll admit that I sort of like Cumulative Upkeep, as terrible a mechanic as it is.
>>
>>49835457
Eh, does it have to exile? Can't it just sac?

>>49835484
So... an almost strictly worse Magmatic Core except it costs R less and can hit players? Eh, dunno.
>>
>>49835457
This feels definitely too strong.
In most red aggro decks you can get him to 4 easily, especially with prowess and then you have a 4/4 flyer for 3.
>>
>>49835564
>So... an almost strictly worse Magmatic Core except it costs R less and can hit players? Eh, dunno.
Damnit, I should have known this card existed.

>card
More garbage.
>>
File: Chthon the Dying God.jpg (49KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Chthon the Dying God.jpg
49KB, 375x523px
>>49835620
Fixed obvious wording errors.
>>
>>49835620
>More garbage.
>[X] FILE DELETED
I can tell.

>>49835648
Damnit, Captcha made me take too long.

>card
I would just make it equal to. Otherwise you could make him Indestructible and completely fuck everyone up.
>>
File: Scorching Ray.jpg (42KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Scorching Ray.jpg
42KB, 375x523px
>>49835600
I guess I could make it a four mana 2/3, if that seems more fair? The body on the front is pretty below curve though, so it needs the mini-storm for it to be any good.

>>49835564
>Eh, does it have to exile? Can't it just sac?

Yeah, it should exile. First and foremost because it's not intended to cause death triggers, and secondly for the flavor reasons.
>>
>>49835672
>I would just make it equal to. Otherwise you could make him Indestructible and completely fuck everyone up.
How about a forced sac? That way you can't keep him around, unless you Assault Suit, which is a dumb card and breaks plenty of things anyways.

Making it "equal to" doesn't solve the problem, and makes it worse since you can use temporary indestructible to dodge his own decay on the 5th upkeep.
>>
File: iconic tribal.jpg (638KB, 1875x1046px) Image search: [Google]
iconic tribal.jpg
638KB, 1875x1046px
So remember those dumb dragon cards from tarkir?
>>
File: Sphinxs Tea Time.jpg (44KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Sphinxs Tea Time.jpg
44KB, 375x523px
>>49835758
I realize it would still keep destroying things, but at least with equal it wouldn't nuke everything that comes in after the process starts.

Anyway, sac sounds good.

>>49835769
Nope, never heard of them.
>>
File: Rune.jpg (297KB, 1500x523px) Image search: [Google]
Rune.jpg
297KB, 1500x523px
Trying something new and weird.
>>
File: Anton Satan Kid Blackheart.jpg (46KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Anton Satan Kid Blackheart.jpg
46KB, 375x523px
>>49835840
Pretty sure I've seen this before.
>>
File: iconic matters spells4.jpg (378KB, 1875x523px) Image search: [Google]
iconic matters spells4.jpg
378KB, 1875x523px
>>49835810
>I realize it would still keep destroying things, but at least with equal it wouldn't nuke everything that comes in after the process starts.
It'll do that regardless of "equal" or "greater". It puts counters on everything, including itself, but each permanent checks its own number of counters against its own CMC. It's not
>At the beginning of each upkeep, put a decay counter on ~. Destroy each nonland permanent with converted mana cost equal to the number of decay counters on ~.

Its a semi-continuous board wipe that will wipe CMC 1s/tokens each turn, wipe CMC 2s every other turn, etc.

>>49835769
I tried this once. They turned out poorly.
>>
File: Deadzone Hole.jpg (44KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Deadzone Hole.jpg
44KB, 375x523px
idk why im posting this sorry
>>
>>49835918
I'm an idiot then. Whoops.
>>
>>49832795
>>49832854
Hookaaaay. Not gonna hit everything, but will give you what feedback I can.

>>49824778
>CW01
More complex than it needs to be. Also not sure Retreat needs to be keyworded, but it's not my set or my call. I get that you can get a token when it dies OR flickers, but I feel like when you're working with commons, the KISS rule is important. It's not too terrible, but if you can streamline it, I'd do it.

>CW02
>human tribal
I feel like I need a background here. Also why are they sad?

>CW06
I feel like gustcloaking or something would be more appropriate here. Skirmishers hit and fade with enemy movements, not their own troops' movements typically.

>CW11
Okay, so why bother with hybrid when you only ever want to play this as a white card? It seems to me you'd want to do that "if G was paid, do this, if W was paid, do that" thing from Lorwyn or something. Not liking Favored so far.

>CW12
>7 life for 4 generic
>laughing black mages when

>CU01
Seeker feels like you're going to have to have too much filter, draw, or looting to enable it, and that leads to too much hand sculpting for blue. I've tried something like this before, but it didn't work very well. It's too feast or famine.

>CU03
I dunno if I'd be okay with this kind of game stalling at common. The flash is really what makes it super annoying for aggro.

>CU04
Very strong; a high draft pick for anyone splashing blue.

>CU09
This seems too punishing to me. I love the idea, I'm just not sure about it, especially at common.

>CU12
See my previous reservations about this kind of thing. They are stronger now, because white should not be casting this spell.

>CB01
Omen seems... plain. Typically with keyword abilities, you want one of two things: checking for static stuff that you have to work to achieve (Domain, Threshold, Delirium, etc) or something that happens with a fairly predictable pattern, but only once per turn (Landfall, Raid, etc). Omen pops too often to make sense in that way. (cont)
>>
File: Manasurge Elemental.jpg (50KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Manasurge Elemental.jpg
50KB, 375x523px
>>49835898
I wouldn't be too surprised. The "new" was in regards to the official game of Magic, moreso.

Also, I made those before blossoming defense, when woodcutter's grit was the most recent example. Geez.

Mr. Satan seems pretty strong, though it being red-draw keeps it in check since the cheap activation doesn't mean you can tank up too much.
>>
>>49835918
I'm actually not a fan of it being control only (even if that makes the wording *so* much better) because the big thing with iconics is that they are often expensive. Being able to count having them in the hand is great as far as gameplay goes, especially because it also means you don't have to pack your deck full of them.
>>
File: Induced Delay.jpg (27KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Induced Delay.jpg
27KB, 375x523px
this isn't allowed, right?
>>
>>49835564
To be fair, being able to hit players is a major upside.
>>
File: Azalet Worldburner.jpg (46KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Azalet Worldburner.jpg
46KB, 375x523px
>>49835961
I'd look at Mogis, God of Slaughter for wording.
>>
>>49836058
You could do the ALMOST the exact same card worded like this.

"Exile target spell with 1 time counter on it. It gains suspend."

It doesn't work EXACTLY as you intended, but it's essentially the same. Stop the spell, it gets cast on the owner's next upkeep.
>>
File: Delay.jpg (32KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Delay.jpg
32KB, 223x310px
>>49836058
>>
>>49836018
First, you should probably update your frames. Second, we use C to represent colorless mana now. Anyway, I really don't see this being a huge downside. I mean, what the hell can they do with 1 colorless mana against your big beater?

>Anton
Cool, thanks. Sorry about the art, I'm still updating the images that got messed up by the new frame. Some look worse than others. The art for Psylocke got degraded to the point it looked like she had a mustache.

>>49836058
No. Should be something like
>Exile target spell. At the beginning of the next upkeep, its owner may cast it without paying its mana cost.
Unless you want to dig up Ertai's Meddling.
>>
>>49836058
It's a bad idea to just have things hang around in limbo, yeah.
>>
>>49836016
(cont)

RE: Omen, as another thought: There's Morbid, which doesn't follow the pattern I'm talking about, so I suppose Omen falls under that category, but the thing about Morbid is that creature death can backfire a lot more easily than life loss. I guess it's not too different, but eh, I'd have to see the finished set to really get a feel for it. Or at least more cards.

>CB04
Too strong a card at common. See Daggerclaw Imp.

>CB06
Too much flying in black. WU are the primary flying colors.

>CB08
I really like this card.

>CB12
>laughing white and blue mages

I'll do the rest after stuffing my face.
>>
File: Forbidden Counsel.jpg (35KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Forbidden Counsel.jpg
35KB, 375x523px
>>49836101
>I mean, what the hell can they do with 1 colorless mana against your big beater?

It turns their four drop into a five drop or their three drop into a four drop. It's about the acceleration more than the single mana.
The card used to make the opponent's spells cost 1 less, or even just the first spell they cast each turn cost 1 less, but it was consistently called turbo garbage in power level. So now it only has the drawback for one turn (ramp the opponent in their next turn) rather than as a static ability.

I do know about those border and <> changes but haven't updated stuff yet. Been too much in a slump about making new cards to care about it yet. Getting back into it by checking out this thread though.
>>
>>49836095
>>49836098
>>49836101
>>49836115

damn
thanks for the thorough and quick answer.
i'm such a knob lol
>>
File: Ezekiel Sims.jpg (55KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Ezekiel Sims.jpg
55KB, 375x523px
>>49836154
Wow, you sound like Savage anon. Well, let's help you get back on your feet.

>card
Why does paying Black help? Honestly, I feel like it should be Black with
>Draw two cards.
>At the beginning of the next end step, you may pay U. If you don't, you lose 1 life. Repeat this process once.
>>
File: Frillyfin.jpg (40KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Frillyfin.jpg
40KB, 375x523px
>>49836250
>Savage anon

I remember that duder. Not me, but if they've been gone that's a downer.

The paying black to avoid discarding made weird backwards sense to me because discarding is related to black.
I can see where you're going with the black version, but one mana for one life is such a bad ratio that the kicker will pretty much never get paid. But I'm gunna rethink this card to see if I can make it make more sense, like that one does.

Sims is pretty nutso. The self fueling nature of it means it can spiral outta control pretty quickly. I'd get rid of vigilance, since the large toughness is still relevant for an ophidian. Other than that, maybe make the token generation more expensive? Two mana with card discard feels like it should get you a 1/1, which I think some white card in nuInnistrad did. Not only are these 1/2s with reach, but, as long as Sims is still around, they're also ophidians.

Honestly, I might just consider making his card draw ability not in anthem form. Fueling himself alone, and making the tokens less good, might be all it needs to sit right with me.
>>
File: Soul Consumption.jpg (36KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Soul Consumption.jpg
36KB, 375x523px
>>
File: Ties That Bond.jpg (38KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Ties That Bond.jpg
38KB, 375x523px
>>49836375
Compared to Grave Strength, I think this can afford to be an instant.
>>
File: no-name.jpg (31KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
no-name.jpg
31KB, 375x523px
Should this be common instead?
>>
>>49836134
(cont)

>CR01
Maim ain't gonna work. Memory issues.

>CR06
Not sure about this at common. It's a super strong card late-game. Red runs on 5 or less mana, so this basically reads "pay R, sac that sixth mountain you don't need, get cardsssss".

>CR08
I am strangely enamored with this bitch slap cantrip.

>CR10
This is really cool, but I dunno if it's monored. I think so though?

>CR12
>laughing white, blue, and green mages

>CA01
This thing is adorable.

>CA02
Very neat idea. I like it. Should be balanced.

>CA03
10/10. Doing really well on artifacts here man. Loving it.

>CA04
... and then there was this. I guess every set needs a Razor Boomerang.

>CG01
Resonate... hm. This feels like it could be in any color, really. It's also one of the better set mechanics you've shown so far. Killer on gold cards.

>CG02
Compared to Traproot Kami... hm. Might be able to be 0/3.

>CG08
9/10. I'd draft it.

All in all, green is your strongest color, it seems to me. Not bad. I am curious to know more about your set.
>>
File: Cassie Lang Stature.jpg (51KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Cassie Lang Stature.jpg
51KB, 375x523px
Another Young Avenger. She changes sizes, from huge to tiny. Idea is that during combat, she shifts up, to deal damage. But as an escape, she can also shift down, hence the last ability.

>>49836362
>I remember that duder. Not me, but if they've been gone that's a downer.
He came back recently. He's been really down though. Hmm, don't think I've seen him recently either. Hope he comes back.

>Sims
So just Ophidian for him? Sounds good. And I'll see about costs for the tokens.

>card
Fairly simple. I like the design.
>>
>>49836422
Possibly, although this is a sacrifice heavy set, so I was being a bit conservative. It wouldn't be uncommon for it to go off for 5+.
>>
>>49836598
Keep in mind that you can use the ability in response to the trigger and get a 7/7 reach trample hexproof.
>>
>>49836627
Good point. Wait, I actually just changed the last ability to also remove it from combat. Does that work?
>>
>>49836672
That'd fix it if you think it's a problem.
>>
>>49835193
>>49835279
>my keyword is not total shit
It's a fucking miracle.

>Psychophage
Interesting drawback on this. Doesn't compare that well to Carno or Sangro, but static stuff is just easier to plan around.

>>49835297
>they
I dunno why this bothers me so damn much. It bothers me more than the font size on that card. Also why is it anything but monoblack?

>>49835300
Still a fan of Myth.

Exorcist Adept seems too good and too busy for common. Why does Dimensional Pilgrim have Myth? If there were more counter manipulation floating around, then okay, but so far I've only seen the Jester, so... it's not looking too necessary. Same with the Messenger.

>>49835426
This is pretty awesome. It makes Croc tough but not unkillable, but he can be a problem if you don't dogpile him when you get the chance.

>>49835698
Hm. Not too sure how to judge this; red doesn't typically get draw in this way. Part of me thinks that it should be a sorcery.

>>49835810
Good gravy this is strong.

>>49835840
I've seen a few versions of this myself. I've also got a different sorcery speed mechanic that I am waiting to use in a set (god forbid I walk down THAT road again). This has the odd utility of dodging some countermagic, which is neat.

>>49835918
I'm with >>49836051 here.

>>49836018
Make it one mana of any color of their choice, maybe?

>>49836076
This seems a bit much.

>>49836154
The frontloading on this kinda makes the drawback a non-issue when you draw your wincon for 1U and combo out. It's just something to keep in mind.

>Been too much in a slump about making new cards to care about it yet. Getting back into it by checking out this thread though.
Doing the same thing man. Welcome back to the fray. You're already doing better than I am.

>>49836250
>mfw I'm the emo kid
Fug. You don't even know how embarrassed I am about all that shit still. It's like that fucking Beartato comic where the bird tries to kill himself when he remembers all the stupid shit he did.
>>
>>49836362
Trust me, me coming back was not that great a thing.

>Frillyfin
I love this ability in green so much. So much fun shit you can do with it. Comparing this to Prized Unicorn says it's probably fine, but I know I would hate staring it down in a draft.

>>49836511
Drag Under says it's fine at common, but worse than it in multiplayer.

>>49836598
I've been around. Just not being a bitch so nobody noticed. Not made many cards because too busy with feedback and shit and trying not to fall into the set trap again.

>Cassie
What an odd card. I really like how strange it is. Good god is it strange. I almost want to say it needs to be GU though.
>>
File: Selina Kyle Catwoman6.jpg (56KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Selina Kyle Catwoman6.jpg
56KB, 375x523px
>>49836777
Aw, I'm sorry, man. But his story about not being around for a while and getting into a slump reminded me of you. And I have no idea what Beartato is.

>>49836852
Well, we're all glad you're still here. And thanks for the feedback, it's very helpful. Oh yeah, and I'm pretty shit at telling anons apart from just text alone, so I'm not surprised that you were still here and I didn't notice.

>Cassie
Frankly, I've been putting off size-changers forever because I never knew how to convey them accurately. I think this does a pretty good job though. And it's funny you say GU, that was my original design. Which I'll change it back to shortly.
>>
>>49836920
Do not kid glove the Savage Anon. I was a retard of the highest caliber when I came back and deserve ridicule for it.

Anyway, cards. So this is the one that you changed after we were working on that rogue card I posted a while back? I recall you saying you had an idea for one. Seems to fit here even if the text box is a bit cramped.
>>
>>49836777
>Messenger.
Messenger can be sacked for first strike, even in myth form.
>Pilgrim
I just wanted the Pilgrim to be a myth creature without outlet or direct upside on the myth.
It's supposed to be a simple dump common since every set needs those.
(It can be flickered though to revive it)
>Adept
I wanted the adept to be common since my set lacks counterplay for myth especially in the common slot, but I guess that's just me being lazy.
>>
File: Wanda the Scarlet Witch.jpg (50KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Wanda the Scarlet Witch.jpg
50KB, 375x523px
>>49837078
>Do not kid glove the Savage Anon. I was a retard of the highest caliber when I came back and deserve ridicule for it.
Oh jesus, you're referring to yourself with your past title? Don't go all Fight Club on us.

>Anyway, cards. So this is the one that you changed after we were working on that rogue card I posted a while back? I recall you saying you had an idea for one. Seems to fit here even if the text box is a bit cramped.
Yeah, this is it. And I realize the box is cramped, but this is my favorite ability for her, and there aren't a whole lot of ways to cut it down.
>>
>>49837123
>Messenger
That's true.

Ultimately, critiques are what they are. You take from them what you want. I'm just trying to help you put eyes on some potential issues.

>>49837269
Would you prefer Cracked Egg Anon? I know it was your favorite.

I'm glad you found something to do with Selina. I mean, you could save space and remove the hexproof thing, but I know you don't want to. Honestly at that cost, she can just have hexproof. Hell personally I think since she's a "lone wolf" shroud would be even more apt, but it's deader than my last set.

>Wanda
... huh. I know Wanda's original mutant power was probability manipulation (basically, but more complicated and fueled by pure bullshittium) but I am not sure about this. Actually, was that even her power? Ill-defined isn't a strong enough adjective sometimes. Anyway, the havoc this plays with casting copies (not straight copies though) is pretty funny. I'm just not sold on it, but I can't actually suggest anything so I got nothing.

Seriously, she might as well be "T: Ignore the Comp Rules until end of turn." from what I've seen of her recently.

>Fight Club
Great movie, but people read into it too much. Tyler Durden was not a goddamn hero.
>>
File: Scott Summers Cyclops4.jpg (40KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Scott Summers Cyclops4.jpg
40KB, 375x523px
>>49837557
>Would you prefer Cracked Egg Anon? I know it was your favorite.
No, it should be whatever you want it to be. I was just using Savage anon because you wouldn't take another nickname, and I was using that one before anyway. If you don't like being called Savage anon anymore, just let me know.

>Selina
Yeah, that is a good point. Thanks.

>Wanda
>Actually, was that even her power? Ill-defined isn't a strong enough adjective sometimes.
Welcome to my life. Imagine dedicating an entire set to cards based on outside material. Outside material that is wildly inconsistent, incredibly vague, and oftentimes contradictory. I've said it before, I'll say it again: Fuck magic characters. This has really made me learn that while following lore is nice, the top priority is making a good card, which is something I will say to people here until I die.

But yes, I knew the mechanic would have to be scaled back. I believe specifically, she used to give others bad luck, kinda like Black Cat I guess. And yeah, honestly, I'm not all that attached to her current iteration either. Oh well, I'll keep trying. At least it's looking like I got her kids (Speed and Wiccan) down pretty well.

>Fight Club
Never actually seen the movie. I just know of the twist through pop cultural osmosis, I guess. Alternatively, I could've mentioned Mr. Robot. Awesome show. Have you seen it?
>>
Wanton Cruelty R
Sorcery
~ deals damage to target creature equal to it's toughness minus one.

How dumb of an idea is this?
>>
>>49837705
>Mr. Robot
Nope, don't watch TV. Netflix is about the extent I use my TV; I don't even console game anymore. I suppose I could go look it up.

>Scott
You know, I think his ability might be a little much. Like, under normal circumstances, 5 mana is a one-sided wipe. You literally cannot attack into him late-game. I'd rather he did like, 3 static damage to an attacking creature, then had an ability that cost like 2W to untap him or something. I know he has his "wide beam" thing he can do with his visor off, so I guess you could try to represent that, but I think tight, focused beams are the key to better mechanics and flavor.

OR you could just give him First strike, 3 power, and make his current ability cost a lot more, but otherwise keep it as-is. That could also adequately convey his punch beams from the punch dimension.
>>
>>49837758
>equal to that creature's toughness minus 1.
I... actually really like this idea. I dunno what the hell it should cost to cast, but it should be uncommon most likely.

>mfw no card ideas and the thread is slow now
I never should have said I was here. This always happens.
>>
File: Clawed Krasis.jpg (42KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Clawed Krasis.jpg
42KB, 375x523px
>>49837758
That's pretty sweet actually. Murder in red that actually feels alright.

>>49837815
>I never should have said I was here. This always happens.

I think it's just that it's late, especially for the east coast people.
Out of curiosity, what's the "set trap" ?
>>
File: Helena Bertinelli Huntress3.jpg (41KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Helena Bertinelli Huntress3.jpg
41KB, 375x523px
>>49837790
>Mr. Robot
Oh shit, then I just spoiled part of it for you. Oh well, it's still very enjoyable. It's not on Netflix, sadly, but it is on Amazon Prime, which is how I saw it. And wow, your TV and gaming habits are practically the same as mine. I've been PC gaming for years now.

>Scott
I actually feel like pingstrike over FStrike would be more fitting then. But thanks for the feedback, I'll draw up some designs.

Speaking of pingstrike, Huntress. Previous version hit for 3, thought that was too much though. Lore: Crime boss's daughter, raised by assassins to get revenge, became an anti-hero who killed people, Batman showed up and stopped her from killing people, and that's basically it. There's some background lore about how she's a big mythology gag to an elseworlds story about Batman and Catwoman settling down and having a kid, but that's not very important.Or is it? Depends on the retcon of the week.
>>
>>49837834
>set trap
Well, for me, it's even trying to make one. But the thing is, I have trouble making one-off cards. I don't think of things off the cuff very well. But when making a set, I tend to have more inspiration, but I can never finish, so it feels like a waste. Hence, it's a trap.

>Crab Insect
Kinda... redundant. Sorta. It's funny how this is a 2/3 but doesn't say it on the package. Strong in the right environment.

Oh man, your card made me kinda want Graft + Proliferate to be a thing.

>>49837908
>spoilers
Don't worry, I went into Shin Godzilla knowing half the goddamn movie and still having fun with it. Spoilers never bothered me. Doesn't help that one of my old friends who's a GM tends to talk shop with me after games and spoil all his game plans because he knows I won't meta. I haven't been surprised in one of his games in like a decade plus.

>Huntress
I commented on her a few threads back. 2 damage is a much better place for her, honestly. I see you also removed the tapdown.

You know, if bats taught her not to kill... you could make her focus more on tapdown and less on damage and make her WU. It'd be interesting to have a nonlethal yet combat-oriented card.
>>
File: Mobius the Anti-Monitor7.jpg (57KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Mobius the Anti-Monitor7.jpg
57KB, 375x523px
>>49838093
>Spoilers
Yeah, I get that, same thing happens to me too. But I know a lot of people aren't like that. I accidentally spoiled Civil War to someone a while back, and he didn't really like it. Felt kinda bad about it.

>WU Huntress
I can already see the designs coming up in my mind.
>Whenever ~ blocks or becomes blocked by a creature, you may pay 1WU. If you do, tap that creature and remove it from combat. It doesn't untap during its controller's next untap step.
Or I could do a ping of 1 and use the Snake ability from Kamigawa. No, I'm already using that for someone else, the Hulk's test-tube daughter (maybe). Not the one from the future.

Oh yeah, and I still just need thread approval to finalize this guy. I just want to be done with all the Monitors for once. I dunno, feels like a milestone or something to get done with a group of characters. Certainly felt that way with the Batfam.
>>
>>49837834
>>49837815
I was figuring either 1-for-2ing things that really needed dead, or as basically a 'can't block' use. Making it an instant, or putting the effect on something at instant speed probably makes it too useful.

>lack of ideas
I'm always full of stupid ideas.

Thousand-Arrow Yoichi 2W
Legendary Creature- Human Samurai
~ can block any number of creatures.
First Strike
Whenever ~ blocks or is blocked by a creature, ~ deals 1 damage to that creature.
3/2

>in b4 no bushido

Defacer 2BB
Creature- Horror
~ can't be blocked by facedown creatures.
Whenever ~ becomes blocked by a creature, exile that creature, then return it to the battlefield facedown as a 2/2 creature.
4/4

Larcenate UR
Instant
Gain control of target noncreature permanent until end of turn. It doesn't untap during its controller's next untap step.

Fallowwatcher 2GG
Creature- Snake Shaman
Whenever mana empties from your mana pool, you gain that much life.
>>
>>49838180
Wow, saw X-Men Apocalypse just yesterday, and I'm only now just realizing how similar Mobius in this picture looks to Apocalypse.
>>
>>49838192
...2/4

Cut off, and also I apparently psychically read the thread before updating or realising it.
>>
>>49838093
Ringanon here, I make cards with a set framework in mind but don't actually make sets, which kinda helps.
>>
File: Frostbinder Adept.png (233KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Frostbinder Adept.png
233KB, 375x523px
>>49838180
>WU Huntress
Looking forward to it.

>Mobius
Seems fine to me. I don't know why anyone would target him with a spell if that's the case. It doesn't really seem better than Shroud/Hexproof, though since it affects your spells too, it's basically Shroud+. 9 mana lets you do what you want, basically.

>>49838192
It also reminds me of those black cards that destroy target creature that's been dealt damage this turn. Yours is more red, I think, so it should be fine. Colors are allowed to do similar things to each other in different ways, sometimes.

>no actual cards
Dammit man, I post in /ccg/! I can't evaluate cards that don't have a proper image!

>Yochi
I like this dude, but he's a bit cheap, I think. Look at that giant from Theros that could block 100 creatures.

>Defacer
"face-down creatures". For some reason, WotC insists on the hyphen when not performing the actual action of turning them face down. Also, please fix the reminder text thing; we don't need a repeat of earlier.

>Larcenate
WELL IT'S A WORD NOW.
I guess it's okay since it doesn't untap the permanent?

>Fallowwatcher
OH GOD

>card
Yes, because blue needs a Banisher Priest of its own, right? No it doesn't.
>>
>>49838299
See, I feel like that'd limit me in unnecessary ways because I'd want every card I make to fit with each other, and would at first need some basis/theme to work with, and at that point, I might as well just try a set, I figure. Different mindset, I guess. I work in a kitchen; I wonder if that has anything to do with it. It really shapes your mindset when doing projects a lot with how hectic and chaotic it is.
>>
File: Deepwater Aspect.png (269KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Deepwater Aspect.png
269KB, 375x523px
>>
>>49838333
It forces me to think more about what i'm doing. I can't really say it's a great method though as I don't crank out cards like I used to.
>>
File: Wonder Woman7.jpg (45KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Wonder Woman7.jpg
45KB, 375x523px
>>49838318
>Mobius
Finally, thank you. Yeah, the protection he has here isn't mindblowing, but I wanted something a bit more exotic. And it plays into the exile theme Monitors share.

>card
The typical wording is
>[...] for as long as you control ~.

Oh shit, just realized I still need to complete Wonder Woman. Goddamn, never did nail her concept down. Well, here's the latest thing I have for her. Also, fuck magic. Ugh, and I has Wonder Girl to do after this to. Yeah, fuck magic, and fuck people who write magic.
>>
>>49838318
>images
Sorry...
>Yoichi
I figured him more as a deterrent, and what horde .dec doesn't have anthems? And Hundred Handed One is flavorful enough, I'm not one-upping it with 1000. Will probably bump him up anyway.
>Defacer
Thanks
>Larcenate
About the craziest use of this I can think of is stealing walker ults, but "Nonplaneswalker" is absurd in a text box. So many uses, though...
>Fallowwatcher
Would restricting it to mana that empties on your turn help at all? Or should I just bump it up to a bigass annoying legend of doom?
>Card
Eh, I could see it. Definitely more interactivity.
>>49838180
This is delicious, keep it.
>>49838407
>never did nail her concept down
Neither has DC. Dohohoho
>>
>>49838407
>wording
Took it off the Oracle text for Somnophore. I had it your way, then saw that and changed it because... reasons? It's basically a one-shot Somnophore anyway.

>Wondy
Oh wow, you went the "inspiring team mom" angle with her. I'm actually kind of impressed. Seeing her in Naya colors is jarring but you know, I can dig it.

>>49838375
I can see that, but I dunno. I may try to add some structure to my designing, but we'll see. 95% chance I eventually crack and start on my 7th failed set though, either way.

>>49838357
I uh... I have no idea how to vet this.
>>
>>49838504
>Would restricting it to mana that empties on your turn help at all? Or should I just bump it up to a bigass annoying legend of doom?
Well, just think that, as it is, it basically means that 1 mana = 1 life and you don't ever have to actually spend it on that lifegain. Pretty sure that'd ruin draft, especially in green where you can drown in lands/ramp. Restricting it to your turn is better. CMC5 maybe?
>>
File: 4574801-8473920629-14320.jpg (2MB, 1701x2268px) Image search: [Google]
4574801-8473920629-14320.jpg
2MB, 1701x2268px
>>49838504
>Neither has DC. Dohohoho
Oh, don't you get me fucking started. I could write a whole essay about WW. Hell, a series of essays.

>>49838507
>Somnophore
Huh, didn't even know this exists. Well, it's just that the wording I gave you seems to be how Wizards wants to do it now. But whether or not you us it is your choice.

>Wondy
Alright, cool, thanks.
>Seeing her in Naya colors is jarring but you know, I can dig it.
Well, I guess I could make her BR to make her better at murdering people, but I don't really like the stabby, strangly version of her.

>I can see that, but I dunno. I may try to add some structure to my designing, but we'll see. 95% chance I eventually crack and start on my 7th failed set though, either way.
You should try your hand at what I do. Take something you like, and try to convert it to Magic. Just take the most important things, and promise yourself not to do anything else. If you want, you can throw more stuff in later. But it all has to relate back to what you chose.
>>
>>49838537
I'll just kick it up to a legend and tack on other shit to make it mythic. I figured it would be annoying, but not THAT annoying.

For another stupid idea that just occurred to me...

One With Some Things 3GB
Sorcery
Manifest your hand.
>>
>>49838609
I am sooooo against putting other IPs into MtG that you don't even know. The reason I don't bitch at you or anyone else for doing it is because that's just my opinion and foisting it off on people is silly since they're doing what they enjoy. If you're making balanced cards, then what the hell do I have to complain about?

>wording
I mean, the only real difference is that if someone steals the Frostbinder, then the creature stays tapped. Which, if it's the owner of the tapped creature, is... kinda odd, I'll admit. I'll switch it back.

>>49838624
That's GU, bro. Well, pretty sure anyway.
>>
File: Regime.jpg (338KB, 1875x523px) Image search: [Google]
Regime.jpg
338KB, 1875x523px
Is this too parasitic?

Thinking about a set with this and renown as the main mechanics, with a theme of "building up."
No level up cuz I don't like that. Also considering proliferate.
>>
File: no-name.jpg (32KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
no-name.jpg
32KB, 375x523px
Thinking of this with a flavor of, like, amnesia. They've gotta piece together who they are/what spells they know.
>>
>>49838714
Not any more parasitic than energy is, as long as you don't go too hard on cards that care about experience but don't generate it.
>>
>>49838714
My main concern is that what you've posted is like, death by counters already, and kinda bland. I mean, most of it is commons so that's fine, but experience counters and +1/+1 counters being a focus might lead to a strange set where you're not playing against the other person so much as you're racing to get counters and overrun your opponent. It's one of the reasons I don't like the Energy mechanic; you play to build up then "go off", not to win by degrees which to me is the real fun of the game.

I'll be honest here; I don't really care for the "experience counter" thing; I didn't like it in Commander and keywording it doesn't please me either. BUT, I can't stress this enough, BUT, if you do a good job with it, you can probably pull it off. I also don't like Renown. Or Monstrous. I'm weird.

Godspeed anon.
>>
>>49838745
Right, I totally forgot that I made this before energy.
Hm, spending the resource might be more interesting than it just being a counter that goes up.
What does the thread think?
>>
>>49838744
>you lose your hand and have to pay twice the number of cards you lost in generic mana to get it back
Wow, dick move blue. Also, this feels more UB overall.
>>
File: no-name.jpg (42KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
no-name.jpg
42KB, 375x523px
>>49838777
Ha. Monstrous was also something I was toying with. I don't mind the counters, and especially don't mind the blandness. Not being exciting to look at doesn't bother me with these commons since their excitement is more going to come from play and how much experience you can get.
However, I can get that distaste if it leads to not interacting as much as racing.

A concern that I have, more, is that the buildup of renown and experience is redundant with the game's natural build up with the land system.

Also nice trips
>>
File: Wit's End.jpg (27KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Wit's End.jpg
27KB, 223x310px
>>49838794
I mean, at least you can get it back...

The shuffle into library and the fact that it allows them to investigate makes me fine with it as mono blue showing it's status as distant, distant secondary in discard. Like vendillion clique.
>>
>>49838826
Well hey man, like I said, more power to you. I'll give you feedback so long as I'm around and you're putting in serious effort.

>redundancy
Hm. Could be. You did just give me an idea for a suggestion though... what about if, instead of experience counters, you did Renown, Monstrosity, and Domain/Domain-like? Make it some kind of high-fantasy knights and dragons affair where land ownership matters, monsters always have a second form, and glory is out there to be won by all. Might be neat.

>Card
Seems fine.

>>49838871
I dunno, I see discard and I think black. Just how I'm wired. The blue cards that discarded in Innistrad bothered me too, and I liked Innistrad (the first trip, fuck SoI/EM).
>>
>>49839028
>what about if, instead of experience counters, you did Renown, Monstrosity, and Domain/Domain-like? Make it some kind of high-fantasy knights and dragons affair where land ownership matters, monsters always have a second form, and glory is out there to be won by all.

Hm, you know, with renown and monstrous I was actually already considering something like that as far as flavor goes. I might actually go with that suggestion to see what it's like if I just drop regime.
Adding domain or something similar might be a good way to spice it up too.
>>
>>49839057
Well, whatever you decide to do, I look forward to seeing it.
>>
File: set maybe.jpg (197KB, 1125x523px) Image search: [Google]
set maybe.jpg
197KB, 1125x523px
>>49839074
Lorwyn flavor flopped, apparently, so I don't know why I went with this sort of art.
>>
File: oe8AoxD.jpg (44KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
oe8AoxD.jpg
44KB, 375x523px
>>49838744
3UU: Your opponent loses the game unless they're way ahead on life/board.

Seems like a color pie bleed given how close it is to discard.
>>
>>49839238
Bah, edgefags.
I remember hearing it was at least partially the board complexity- You had to look at every other goddamn creature they had in the tribe before figuring out what to do. And then whatever you were going to do got spellstutter sprite'd.
>>
>>49838871
>patheitc
This will never not be funny.
>>
>>49839238
>Young Hero
Hm. I thought white liked destroying things that were power 4 or greater, then they made Skywhaler's Shot. Now I'm not so sure where this needs to be. I like the card, but I feel like it should be WW at least.

>Toll Dragon
Good flavor here.

>Champion's Legacy
The scary thing about this is putting it on fliers and that you can swap it around to get three +1/+1 counters on all your stuff. I can't find anything to compare it to but I get the feeling it should at least be 3 to cast, or 3 to equip.

>>49839301
Clever design. Don't see many fun Fateful hour cards running around.
>>
>>49836530
>>49836134
>>49836016
Thanks for the input.
The set is supposed to be based in a plane that's beginning to come apart at the seams. Things are struggling to keep their being from being sucked into the aether, so color symbols are light and there was/is a planned shift to multicolor or complete color change as a means of survival. Colors are supposed to be almost completely separated, then joined in the following set.

This is where Favored comes in, where it's possible to cast for a relatively par card, but has an added effect that basically asks you to pay something like GGG on a 2R/G spell. The same with the generic/colored symbols; I did want any color to have access, but choosing to pay generic mana was going to be obviously worse. Maybe they do need to be weaker for the generic cost and uncommon like Shadormoor.

Green and red are definitely my favorite mechanics. The other colors were more to fit the division of colors, though I may just end up reducing the number of mechanics. I think my main problem was that I designed the colors in a vacuum to try and show the color instead of doing what's best for gameplay.

Resonate was actually first and slated for being a 5-color mechanic before it was replaced by Favored. Probably not the best choice as it does make more sense with multiple colors.

Maim, I reference detain for how long memory can be "strained", which can be up to a turn cycle if there are limited things to keep track of. I really don't want to lose the keyword, because I think it does beautifully fit red's aggressiveness and punishes blockers while not actively preventing them.

Moving forward, I will be trying to rearrange/rework mechanics to work properly as a set instead of just each individual color.
>>
>>49839456
Thanks for the comments.

I'm actually mostly not a fan of skywhaler's shot, and think it's a liiiittle bit bullshit. But, if I were to change it to power 4 or greater, I'd want the evasion to mirror that too, because patterns.

I can up the costs on the sword somewhere. Might even have it be a rare if it ends up too much like a slow anthem in how it can be boosting multiple creatures at once in the form of counters.
>>
>>49839497
In the framwork of looking at Maim through the lens of Detain, I have to say, you've got me there. I get so bent out of shape over memory issues that I often forget that a single turn ahead isn't that big a deal. I guess we'd have to see how it plays.

>looking at the big picture
This is a good idea. You're also going to want to plan for the next set too, and how mechanics now will play into mechanics later. You said you wanted merging into multicolor and some color shifting. Well, Favored isn't a step in that direction, I don't think, because it's not showing how GW can cooperate to survive, it's showing that G is losing something to W, which implies that a merger is less likely, not more. I dunno what colors you're gonna pair though, so if it's enemy pairs, maybe that actually works?

Personally I think Resonate does a ton more than Favored could to showcase the shift you're talking about, while being useful for monocolored stuff in the first set.
>>
File: Fairy Song.jpg (42KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Fairy Song.jpg
42KB, 375x523px
>>
>>49839560
Dark. Green, though.
>>
File: Gbv6PQS.jpg (48KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Gbv6PQS.jpg
48KB, 375x523px
>>49838826
Seems like a cool card. Wonder why they didn't do more of this in Theros, such a missed opportunity.
>>
>>49840375
Monstrosity was too expensive for that kind of synergy.
>>
>>49840375
Everything was very very conservatively costed in Theros block. I yearn for an exciting bestow creature.
>>
File: QZjRWGT.jpg (43KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
QZjRWGT.jpg
43KB, 375x523px
>>49839560
I'd replace "it" with "that creature".
>>
File: Auric Remnant.jpg (46KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Auric Remnant.jpg
46KB, 375x523px
>>
File: Skinwalker Thatcher.jpg (43KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Skinwalker Thatcher.jpg
43KB, 375x523px
>>49840375
>>49840431
If you spread this too thin, it's going to be annoying to enable in a draft environment.
>>
>>49840720
You forgot "only as a sorcery"
>>
>>49840763
No I didn't.
>>
>>49840773
Do you know how strong that is? With any sac engine you have a super blocker that you can shuffle in and out at instant.
>>
>>49840812
I know its strong. I can easily adjust the cost if needed.
>>
>>49840720
I don't think it's a good idea to have something that just cycles back into your hand when it dies.
It just leaves a very limited number of ways to deal with it.
>>
File: Improvised Weapon.png (262KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Improvised Weapon.png
262KB, 375x523px
this is a silly idea...
>>
>>49840907
It is just a 2/2. The charade cost might be too low but otherwise it should be more annoying than oppressive.
>>
File: combo.jpg (164KB, 874x523px) Image search: [Google]
combo.jpg
164KB, 874x523px
>>49840939
Yeah, free black bears isn't oppressive at all.

Also
>It can block
>>
>>49840960
I should probably increase the charade cost or ditch it entirely, but otherwise It should be fine
>>
>>49840922
Eh, not sure if I like it or not.

By the way, I gave you feedback for a bunch of cards in the last thread. Did you get it?
>>
>>49841122
O ye, I got it. Thought I responded.

: ) thx for all that. A few changes were made.
>>
File: 9k=.jpg (962KB, 1875x1569px) Image search: [Google]
9k=.jpg
962KB, 1875x1569px
Hooray ~blue commons~ v1? 1.34? v1.?

Yeah. Blue commons.

I want to add an effect to Aleph's Grip to make it more worth the cost, rather than bringing the cost down. I also don't want it to be a boring "Draw a card" type effect, so ideas would be welcome there.
>>
>>49841748
If memory serves, Dazzling Display and Idea Hammer have the same art.
>>
>>49841799
I changed ideahammer's art.
>>
File: Animal-Vegetable-Mineral Man.jpg (52KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Animal-Vegetable-Mineral Man.jpg
52KB, 375x523px
>>49841147
No, as far as I can tell, the only response I got to my posts was someone commenting on one of the cards I posted.

Actually, I did say something kinda important there. I'll just copy/paste it.
>I will take this opportunity to tell you now that I don't like your mechanics. Like, at all. And it looks like you're dead-set on using them. So, when you see me not commenting on them, it's not that I don't see them, it's just that I'd rather not tell you my true opinion because I don't think it would be very constructive. Because, really, it would just be the same complaints over and over again. I did the same thing with Time anon.

Anyway, feedback.

>Globetwixter
Weird name. Concept seems fine I guess, though I am wondering why it can't target any land, or why it makes the land basic as well. I mean, AFAIK, Grixis Illusionist is considered utter garbage, and this does even less.

>From the Depths
Normally I'd say this should cost more, but since Shadow is basically Flying in your set, I think it's fine.

>Hidemaster
Unsure about this. Not a whole lot of precedence for blanket Hexproof granting, had to look for Shroud, but this is very close to Plaxmanta. And I'm having a very hard time seeing cards similar to this at common, even when it just targets one creature. Maybe... 2U, uncommon, and only one target creature gains Hexproof?

>Experimental Artist
Effect seems fine at common. Not sure if it should have Shadow though.

>Nightie Curate
Eh, seems fine.

>[unintelligible]
Not a fan of that name. Looking at Mist Raven makes me think it should be 2UU.

>Oilflesh Thing
Eh... I guess it's fine.

>Igggnac
Do you need that many g's? Anyway, I think it should say
>[...] by creatures with shadow as though it had shadow.
Not sure if this should be common on the last ability alone. Combined with the first ability makes me think it should be uncommon.

1/2
>>
File: David Reid Magog.jpg (50KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
David Reid Magog.jpg
50KB, 375x523px
>>49841748
>>49842002
Whoops, forgot to link to the post. Oh well.

>Memory Dive
The player should reveal his or her hand then, since you want something to happen with that player based on something only you and that player have knowledge of. Sure, it works in most games, but it doesn't in multiplayer. I guess it's fine otherwise, kinda hard to tell.

>New Ideas
>Tap target creature. It doesn't untap during its controller's next untap step.
No "and". Seems fine though.

>Self Reflection
Meh.

>To Drink Moon's Milk
I think this should be
>Enchanted creature has base power and toughness 2/2, loses all abilities, and is black, green, and blue.
Oh yeah, they changed the order so the enemy color would be in the middle. Just look up Leovold. Not entirely sure about this, honestly. And the color changing seems kinda tacked on. I mean, does it have any affect on anything in this set?

>Alpeh's Breath
Garbage common? I guess every set needs some.

>Dazzling Display
I think you could make it -3/-0.
>>
File: Spellweavers Orbis.jpg (39KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Spellweavers Orbis.jpg
39KB, 375x523px
Let's try again.
>>
>>49842609
at least use charge counters.
>>
>>49842609
I can't even tell if this is good. Closest thing I can think of is Druids' Repository, except it's harder to trigger this thing multiple times. I mean, with Druids', you can just use the same creature over and over again, you can multiple triggers from paying the cost of getting the creature once. Here, it only triggers once for every cast payment. And then you have to remove two counters instead of just one. Maybe I just don't know what I'm talking about though.
>>
File: Spellweavers Orbis.jpg (40KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Spellweavers Orbis.jpg
40KB, 375x523px
>>49842645
>>49842776
>>
File: 0 White Commons Second Draft.jpg (967KB, 2625x1046px) Image search: [Google]
0 White Commons Second Draft.jpg
967KB, 2625x1046px
New draft of the white commons!

>>49841748
>Globetwixter
Seems fine, if narrow.
>From the Depths
Not a fan of the name or the ampersand in the flavor text. Those seem like odd formatting decisions.
>Hidemaster
Mizzium Skin on legs seems cool.
>Experimental Artist
Come on with that flavor text, man. Card itself seems fine.
>Nytir Curate
I'd consider bumping the cost of that activated ability to 2W.
>Y'eghigyi
Lumengrid Drake says this should probably be 2UU, since it isn't conditional.
>Oilflesh Thing
Love it.
>Igggnac
Wording seems off, as do the three g's in a row. Card itself seems solid.
>Memory Dive
Needs a reveal. Also, "their" should be "his or her." I think I've told you that before with other cards.
>New Ideas
I'm a bit confused as to how the name of the card relates to its effect
>Self Reflection
Dream makes me think this should be 4 or 5cmc. Most cards with cost-reduction abilities cost more as a result.
>To Drink Moon's Milk
Weird Lignify. Cool, I like it.
>Aleph's Breath
Why is this so overcosted?
>Dazzling Display
It feels weird that Insight and Dream are competing for the same resource in such a conflicting way. Especially since they show up in the same colors. That doesn't seem conducive to good gameplay.

You have some really cool stuff here. A lot of your ideas are interesting and unique, especially regarding your set's flavor; on the other hand, some of your flavor and a lot of your technical and mechanical decisions seem bizarre. Overall, it leaves me with mixed impressions. If you polish you set's strengths and tighten up the rough areas, I think you could end up with something really cool.
>>
>>49843333
First off, checked.

>It feels weird that Insight and Dream are competing for the same resource in such a conflicting way. Especially since they show up in the same colors. That doesn't seem conducive to good gameplay.
These type of interactions are intended. This set is being designed to be a very difficult draft environment, so competing resources is exactly the goal. It's also the goal from a flavor perspective, where mechanics of different factions are intended to not work together at all, and to compete. If you invest in one, you can't invest in the other etc.

thx for feedback : )

These are just first drafts of stuff. I'll be refining things later.

Gotta go for now, will go through your cards when I get back.
>>
>>49843333
For the most part they seem fine,

>CW05
That ability could cost less

>CW09
Costs too much, see Repel the Darkness.
>>
File: Illusionists Scepter.jpg (42KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Illusionists Scepter.jpg
42KB, 375x523px
Couldn't find a pic I liked yet.
>>
>>49844864
I like the concept (though this may be because my Mysterio is basically this), but I'm unsure of the cost.
>>
>>49844975
how about lower the cmc to 3, but raise the ability cost to 5 ?
>>
>>49845199
>how about lower the cmc to 4
fugg
>>
>>49845199
I think that sounds good. Though I'm not the greatest at costing, so I could be wrong. So, do you have a set or something going on?
>>
>>49845233
>>49845378
Specifically, 4 for the artifact, 5 for the ability.
>>
>>49845378
>So, do you have a set
Yup, pretty much that.
>>
>>49845506
What does that mean?
>>
Every time I see one of these threads I want to visit my old MTGS contest and rework them... Then I worry I'll get laughed at.
>>
File: Jim Corrigan2.jpg (54KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Jim Corrigan2.jpg
54KB, 375x523px
>>49846281
Everyone has to start somewhere.
>>
File: Emma Frost White Queen6.jpg (45KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Emma Frost White Queen6.jpg
45KB, 375x523px
Decided to go over Emma Frost, again. ETB ability searches for four, because I liked the idea of taking out a full playset of something. If it's too much, I can just change it to naming a nonland card and exiling any number of cards with that name instead.
>>
>>49846440
Guess I'm gonna reinstall Set Editor, then.
This could be fun.
Or miserable.
>>
>>49846440
Missing a "when" at the beginning there. Also I think it's "Creatures with arrest counters on them..." since it's not a single target creature, or might not be. Or, you could just change "For as long as that" to "For as long as a". Either way.

Seems fine aside from that.

>>49846590
Does her diamond form make her stronger?
>>
File: God Emperor Doom2.jpg (57KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
God Emperor Doom2.jpg
57KB, 375x523px
>>49846702
>Jim Corrigan
Yeah, need to look for more precedence. Kinda hard to know which wording is right by just looking at it.

>Emma Frost
Yes.
>>
File: Nayan Runeblade.png (237KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Nayan Runeblade.png
237KB, 375x523px
M15 frames don't want to cooperate with MSE.

This was a little less soupy when I had it in text. It also looks kinda funny with the new choice layout on old-modern frame. Oh well.
>>
>>49847434
What the point of the first ability? It essentially makes it 4/3, while the next one makes it 5/4. You'd need to pump him in order to get much use out of the DStrike.

Also, is MSE installed in one of your Program Files folders?
>>
File: Hlistolmex Chrytosan Capital.jpg (44KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Hlistolmex Chrytosan Capital.jpg
44KB, 375x523px
I think that the wording in this one is kinda iffy.

>>49847083
For that much mana I would just make it win the game at next upkeep.

>>49845792
That I'm making one.
>>
File: Nazcaplasm.png (229KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Nazcaplasm.png
229KB, 375x523px
>>49847500
For any situation where you might have multiple combats. The original idea was that choosing one option multiple times would be less effective than choosing a mixture. That kind of falls apart in most situations, though. Maybe if he had less toughness the first strike instance would matter more.

I'm basically just transferring old cards into MSE. Maybe I should doll them up a bit, though.

Yes it is, actually.
>>
>>49847607
I get that it's a lot faster than Mage-Ring Network, but I think I'd rather use that. Also, you can't add X to mana pool now. Which kinda sucks, because I don't know how to correct the wording.

>>49847653
>Yes it is, actually.
And there's your problem. If you want to update your frames, uninstall MSE, install it again, but somewhere besides the Program Files folders, then run the add-on again. (Windows doesn't like modifying stuff in the Program Files folders.)
>>
>>49847607
>For that much mana I would just make it win the game at next upkeep.
Eh, don't want to do that directly. I'll just make it so it heavily slants the game in your favor.
>>
>>49847682
>And there's your problem. If you want to update your frames, uninstall MSE, install it again, but somewhere besides the Program Files folders, then run the add-on again. (Windows doesn't like modifying stuff in the Program Files folders.)

Actually you can, you just have to run it as admin.
>>
>>49847607
>>49847682
Add an amount of C equal to X to your mana pool.
>>
>>49843333
>Ambush issues
One of the more fundamental aspects of MTG as a game is the divide between known & unknown information. It balances these two things very well.

I regards to ambush, you are pushing this balance away from that very fine line that MTG walks. Having a huge swath of creatures being instant-speed combat tricks means that players have a gigantic amount more unknown information to deal with. This means that playing a game with this mechanic being frequent will be more stressful.

It also means that the degree to which skill influences the outcome of a game is reduced. Known information (creatures on battlefield) can be observed & considered. Unknown information has to be considered only in the abstract. With a mechanic like this being frequent, decisions of "What could my opponent have in their hand?" become decisions more of blind luck than of skill.

I think this is a bad thing for a game's environment to have. This considered, I would suggest that Ambush be changed to only function on your attack, and not on defense.

I may post more if I think of more to say about other mechanics in the set, but "cast 5 or higher CMC spell" and convoke seem to be pretty basic, low-meta-game-state-altering mechanics.
>>
>>49847682
>you can't add X to mana pool now.
wat

>>49847763
Still seems kinda wonky to me, but its better than nothing. Thanks!

>>49847607
I was thinking of changing it to
>XXX, T: At the beginning of each of your next turn’s main phases, add an amount of 1 equal to X to your mana pool.

How bad is this idea ?
>>
File: C mana.png (322KB, 596x458px) Image search: [Google]
C mana.png
322KB, 596x458px
>>49847991
>wat
>add an amount of 1
Wow, how long have you been gone? They changed how colorless mana is represented, so instead of using numbers, they instead use that many C's. Notice in pic related how the printed card is different from the Oracle text. They made this change in Oath of the Gatewatch.
>>
>>49847991
>you can't add X to mana pool now
>wat

Thanks to the Eldrazi, colorless mana has its own symbol. Colorless mana is different than generic mana as presented in mana costs.
>>
>>49847991
>>49848087
And another example. Notice how the generic mana in the upper right can still be paid with any type of mana, but the activated ability can only be paid with colorless mana.
>>
File: index.jpg (592KB, 2250x523px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
592KB, 2250x523px
Based on those "Convert cards from one TCG to another" threads we had a few months back, Wixoss edition.
>>
>>49848087
I know that colorless mana has its own symbol now but my MSE doesn't have it, if put C the chaos symbol from planechase appears instead.

>Wow, how long have you been gone?
Start blog
I started playing during Mercadian masks and kept playing until kamigawa. Came back during Scars of Mirrodin but left after Theros and came back again ever since SOI came out. But since I mostly play legacy these days, I don't pay much attention to the new cards.
Thank you for reading my blog. Don't forget to upvote me and to check out my patreon as well.
>>
>>49848668
>I know that colorless mana has its own symbol now but my MSE doesn't have it
Yeah, you definitely need to update MSE.

>blog
Masques, really? And you kept playing?
>>
>>49848668
>mostly play legacy these days, I don't pay much attention to the new cards.
God I hate this so much. I'm in a similar boat. The only sets I care about are fringe bonus sets like Conspiracy & Commander now, because the cards they print might actually be relevant.

Actual core MTG sets? Wizards may as well put giant middle fingers as art on the front of packs. Vintage/legacy gets, what, like one new card a block nowadays? ":\
>>
>>49848875
It was always going to be the case that you get less and less viable cards unless they continued to power creep.
>>
>>49848810
>Masques, really? And you kept playing?
I blame my brother for it.

>>49848875
>Conspiracy & Commander
Fug, I was literally just thinking about this earlier today.
>>
>>49848925
>It was always going to be the case that you get less and less viable cards unless they continued to power creep.
Were you around during Urza & og Mirrodin?

Power creep in recent MTG is a fantasy.
>>
>>49848948
I wasn't at all implying that, they'd have to have done it since the introduction of standard to have large contributions of cards to vintage/legacy. The longer the game goes the more competition there is for the top spots.
>>
>>49848997
I wouldn't really call this the case.

The issue is that the sets & cards, in essence their entire design ethos, is pushing them away from cards that actually do interesting things. A wide array of cards that are extremely relevant in eternal formats are basically unplayable in Standard/limited formats (Trinisphere comes to mind as a personal favorite example).

There is no adventure left in MTG. Recent main sets have been so soulless. It's like they have been making making the same thing over and over again since Theros, with only very tiny differences.

The only outlier I can think of is BFZ, which was kind of interesting in limited.
>>
>>49848997
>>49849064
Conspiracy & Commander do still get me excited though. They feel like "the MTG that could have been" from an alternate universe where Wizards didn't go down the crapper.
>>
>>49849064
You do hit a plateau eventually, where it becomes more and more difficult to create relevant cards without pushing power level.
>>
>>49849110
See, the thing is I wouldn't call cards like Trinisphere or Chalice of the Void or Ingot Chewer "Pushed power level", they are just creative designs that fit into the MTG meta in unique ways. We haven't gotten that type of interesting stuff since, like, og Zendikar block.
>>
>>49849173
oh, and New Phyrexia was pretty cool too.
>>
>>49849083
>I want Magic to be like YuGiOh and just keep making cards more and more powerful and broken. Wizards is terrible for not completely succumbing to power creep.
This is why Vintage and Legacy players suck.
>>
>>49849201
>I don't play yugioh
ftfy
>>
File: ishygddt.jpg (5KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
ishygddt.jpg
5KB, 225x225px
>>49849201
>>
>>49849173
Everytime you make a creative design, you do lock off that part of the design space unless you're willing to push the existing card out. I won't say wizards do a perfect job but I at least respect them for how hard a job it is to do right, while trying to please an incredibly large playerbase.
>>
File: custom card challenge.png (336KB, 1600x1000px) Image search: [Google]
custom card challenge.png
336KB, 1600x1000px
SO LET'S GET SOME CARDS IN THIS CUSTOM CARD THREAD!!!
>>
File: Astral Projection.jpg (66KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Astral Projection.jpg
66KB, 375x523px
Rolled 6, 1, 4, 4, 10 = 25 (5d10)

>>49849579
Shit, should've rolled.
>>
File: 6 1 4 4 10.jpg (28KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
6 1 4 4 10.jpg
28KB, 375x523px
>>49849591
Colorless, instant, removal/burn, CMC 3, mythic

I don't even know why I threw in that flavor text.
>>
Rolled 10, 9, 5, 1, 10 = 35 (5d10)

>>49849579
A-anyone?
>>
Rolled 7, 1, 2, 10, 4 = 24 (5d10)

>>49849758
Multicolor (), land, voltron/buff, CMC 1, mythic

Well, that was a dud.
>>
File: Hlistolmex Chrytosan Capital.jpg (45KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Hlistolmex Chrytosan Capital.jpg
45KB, 375x523px
Rolled 8, 2, 6 = 16 (3d10)

>>49849579
Is it time for bad ideas ?
>>
File: 7 1 2 10 4.jpg (25KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
7 1 2 10 4.jpg
25KB, 375x523px
>>49849782
Fav color (IDK), instant, card advantage, CMC X, uncommon

Hmm. How is this?

>>49849787
It's /ccg/, it's always time for bad ideas.

But really, I seriously have no clue if this land is good or not. Sorry, I don't play much. Like, at all.
>>
Rolled 9, 8, 1, 3, 2 = 23 (5d10)

>>49849891
Why do I keep forgetting to roll?

Also, I seriously can't believe that with all the conversation that was just going on, the thread just seems to have up and died when we actually start making cards.
>>
File: Draconic Blessing.jpg (43KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Draconic Blessing.jpg
43KB, 375x523px
Rolled 6, 10, 5, 5, 2, 7 = 35 (6d10)

>>49849787
>Rolled 8, 2, 6 = 16 (3d10)
>get multicolor
>both lasts numbers are red
K
>>
>>49849940
Multicolor, artifact, card advantage, CMC 2, common

Not on my comp now. Let's try...
>WU
>When ~ enters the battlefield, you draw a card and you gain 1 life.
>3, T: Put a charge counter on ~.
>T, Sacrifice ~: You draw X cards and you gain X life, where X is the number of charge counters on ~.

>>49850073
You realize the guide explains what to do when that happens, right? You could've used 97 for RG.

>card
Not bad.
>>
Rolled 6, 3, 3, 8, 4 = 24 (5d10)

>>49850073
>>49850169
So, what's the normal P/T for Dragons anyway? I've seen tokens at 4/4, 5/5, and 6/6.
>>
>>49849579
Rolling for everything but theme and rarity.
>>
>>49850184
Colorless, sorcery, removal/burn, CMC 5, uncommon

Ugh, no.
>>
Rolled 10, 1, 5, 8, 5 = 29 (5d10)

>>49850254
Ugh, forgot to roll again.

>>49850226
You are?
>>
Rolled 10, 8, 7, 3, 5 = 33 (5d10)

>>49850276
Multicolor (RB), instant, voltron/buff, CMC 5, uncommon
>3BR
>Choose one or both —
>• Target creature gets +5/+0 until end of turn.
>• Target creature gets -0/-5 until end of turn.
Not sure if it should be 5 though.
>>
>>49850226
Or maybe not then.
>>
>>49850341
I don't know if it should be instant, but five is the least it should be.
>>
>>49847868
Thanks for the detailed assessment and feedback, anon. I will consider what you've said as I work with ambush. The ambush faction is designed to be "combat tricks: the faction," in an effort to represent a guerrilla force taking on a more powerful territory. However, I am aware that too much hidden information is bad, and to balance the presence of ambush, flash is nearly nonexistant in the block (present on only 3 out of 251 cards in the first set). I'm careful with the ambush effects that I design, and I'll continue to be as the block develops.
>>
Rolled 2, 8, 9, 5, 10, 6 = 40 (6d10)

>>49849579
Warms my heart that people enjoy this thing.

Rolling for EVERYTHING.
>>
>>49850341
Multicolor (WU), artifact, tax/control, CMC 2, uncommon

Uh...

>All nonland permanents have "At the beginning of your upkeep, return this permanent to its owner's hand unless you pay 1."
Blech. Not sure if this is good at all.

>>49850469
Least? What do you think it should be? 7?
>>
File: Borutoron Kamigawas Defender.jpg (40KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Borutoron Kamigawas Defender.jpg
40KB, 375x523px
>>49850073
>Colorless
>Planeswalker
>Voltron/buff
>cmc =3
>common
>fits in my favorite deck

What could possibly go wrong ?

>>49850169
Oops, too late for that now.
>>
>>49850543
Nah I wouldn't go as far as seven but 5-6 is the range it should be in for an instant.
>>
>>49850473
>flash is nearly nonexistant in the block
XD
>>
File: Æthereal Dadao.png (226KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Æthereal Dadao.png
226KB, 375x523px
>>49850480
Blue, Artifact, token gen, CMC3, mythic rare, Johnny card. Whew.

I dunno if I done it, but here's a thing.

>>49850556
>common planeswalker
Yeah the chart ain't perfect. I dunno if you need to phrase the -2 like that; I think "Until your next turn, spells that target target creature you control cost 1 more to cast." Like the ult, rare to see one that fuels the +1, not the other way around.

>>49850073
This feels too expensive for what it does. Also should probably have a heavier color investment.
>>
Rolled 9, 8, 5, 4, 9, 6 = 41 (6d10)

>>49850722
>target target creature
I wanted to evade this type of wording
>>
File: Helena Bertinelli Huntress4.jpg (45KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Helena Bertinelli Huntress4.jpg
45KB, 375x523px
Rolled 4, 3, 8, 7, 8 = 30 (5d10)

For the anon who gave me the idea to make Huntress WU. Sorry I don't remember who exactly you are, I'm fairly certain I know you though.

>>49850722
The AE ligature isn't used anymore. Other than that, wow, that's pretty cool. I really like how your Illusions can play hot potato with the sword.
>>
Rolled 7, 2, 5, 5, 4, 10 = 33 (6d10)

>>49850762
Well, I suggested it because it saves space, but given how long the text on the ult is, I can't say it really matters one way or the other. I'm just usually a stickler for "shortest possible phrasing".

Rollan' one more time. All or nothin'.
>>
Rolled 10, 1, 6, 6, 7 = 30 (5d10)

>>49850788
Red, sorcery, tax/control

Yeah, that ain't happening. Don't even need to know what the rest says. Rolling again.
>>
>>49850543
What you basically did was shove tabernacle and kataki into one item at uncommon. It's beyond broken.
>>
>>49850788
>Æ isn't used anymore
Goddammit just let me have this one thing, WotC. So what is it now? Ae? AE? Glad you like the card though.

>WU Huntress
Well, I mean I wanted to see it and here it is. hm. I like how predominantly it's gonna be used to protect her from being stomped by bigger critters. Makes for a nice counter to the plethora of fatties running around your "set" (I use quotes because I know it's not a traditional set but it's still kind of a set). I want to say it feels too expensive to cast; 2WU might be okay. Also I dunno if I'd make her an Archer; doesn't she fight with a quarter staff too? And her hand crossbow has piddly range. I'd make her a Rogue.
>>
Rolled 2 (1d2)

>>49850792
hm, need to flip a coin; got "favorite color" and that's two colors, so d2 roll hoooo! odd black even blue.
>>
File: 10 1 6 6 7.jpg (43KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
10 1 6 6 7.jpg
43KB, 375x523px
Rolled 7, 2, 6, 2, 5 = 22 (5d10)

>>49850809
Multicolor (RG), instant, voltron/buff, CMC 3, uncommon

>>49850818
Er, sorry.

>>49850857
Capital A, lowercase e. They decided to get rid of it for Kaladesh, since 1) the block references it a lot and 2) honestly, it was always kinda a hassle.

>Huntress
Shit, I don't even remember you without a card. I'm sorry, I swear I am this bad remembering people in real life.

Yeah, I was thinking 2WU. Rogue is fine. And I need to get better art anyway. Jesus "Looking for better art" is practically a catch phrase at this point. Oh shit, I should share some more stuff with Reddit, completely forgot about them.
>>
>>49850556
If I had to make low rarity planeswalkers, don't know why I would by here we are, I would limit them to two abilities.
Actually thought about that for a "non-legendary" planeswalker I never made because it's still a bad idea.
>>
File: Galvanic Infusion.png (239KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Galvanic Infusion.png
239KB, 375x523px
>>49850792
>>49850885
Blue, instant, buff, CMC3, uncommon, least favorite archetype.

It was a hard choice; I hate draw-go, and I hate affinity, but I went with affinity. I almost went full cancer and made it cost 2 generic and one blue Phy mana, but I just couldn't bring myself to do it.

>>49850924
Basic, but effective card.

>Huntress
Don't sweat it; knowing who everyone is really isn't that important, is it? Anyway what's with your newfound fixation with the Reddit custom card scene? Last I heard it was hugboxy circlejerktown. I just dunno if I could stomach a site that poorly laid out and with a karma system. Those always get abused.
>>
>>49851038
Yeah I really didn't want to over-complicate the chart so I let some weird roll combos slide. Ideas on how to improve it are always welcome though, I can always update it.
>>
File: Aragongi Sentinel.jpg (43KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Aragongi Sentinel.jpg
43KB, 375x523px
>>49851090
You could add some alternative tables depending on what you rolled.
>>
>>49851118
Rolling tables into tables? Do we really want multiple roll posts for a single chanllenge and AD&D: The Custom Card Chartening? I mean KISS rule needs to put its foot down at some point. I'd like to keep it all to one post for rolls, if possible.
>>
>>49851118
>>49851151
Oh, oops, didn't give feedback on the card. It reads a little confusingly at first, so it's not very newbie-friendly, but maybe I'm just a simpleton. It's a strange effect but very GW. I think he should either be spendier or have a smaller butt though.
>>
>>49851151
You could still have a single roll, just that if you roll a planeswalker you'd have a separate table that you'd compare the later rolls too.
>>
>>49851070
Eh, it's not an obsession, just trying it out, because why not? Yeah, the UI is fucking terrible, but I did get some pretty solid feedback. The most important was that a part of a card that was very important didn't work as I had intended, which I still can't believe I didn't notice. Definitely not married to it though. Oh yeah, and the karma thing is apparently like achievement points, it doesn't really mean anything.

>card
No idea how to balance this, sorry.

>>49851118
Holy shit, that wording. I honestly think I'd just change it so it just triggers and gives your blocking creatures Indie. Oh yeah, that's actually some of the feedback I got from Reddit. It should trigger on block, otherwise if they get marked with lethal damage, they die after combat.
>>
>>49851185
Oh I see. "If, then". So a table that runs on Basic. Hm. Well that'd be a challenge in and of itself...
>>
>>49851118
Took me a few tries to figure out what that card is trying to do.

>Each other creature blocking the same creatures as ~ have indestructible.
>>
File: Lovecraft_blue_creatures.jpg (590KB, 1500x1046px) Image search: [Google]
Lovecraft_blue_creatures.jpg
590KB, 1500x1046px
>>
>>49851192
Eh, I don't really want to give a blanket buff to all blockers. Forgot about the combat damage thing though that's an easy fix to just change it to damage prevention.
>>
File: Fungal Preservation.png (260KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Fungal Preservation.png
260KB, 375x523px
>>49851192
>otherwise if they get marked with lethal, they die

Makes sense. If it's only during combat that they have indestructible it doesn't really mean much in the long run.
>>
>>49851192
>Oh yeah, and the karma thing is apparently like achievement points, it doesn't really mean anything.
Until you get prominent namefags flexing their point totals around like it means something. I don't trust it, because I don't trust people on the internet. If this place taught me anything it's to be properly jaded about the internet and its denizens. No offense, of course.
>>
>>49851090
Oh it was just a general remark.
The chart is fine, people can ignore/correct weird results if needed.
And there isn't that many actually, beside low rarity planeswalker I only see land with cost, already mentioned in the suggestions. And even then why not trying out lands with cost?
>>
>>49851251
I kinda wanted to imply that Lands with a cost was the cost of an activated ability they have, but I guess it slipped my mind regarding adding it to the land suggestions.
>>
File: Libra of the Magus.jpg (48KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Libra of the Magus.jpg
48KB, 375x523px
>>49850722
>too expensive
how about 2RR ?

>>49851038
That's a great idea. Gonna get rid of that -2

>>49850762
>9, 8, 5, 4, 9, 6
>white/black
>artifact
>Voltron/buff (third time in a roll)
>cmc =3 (again)
>rare
>Johnny
>>
>>49851308
>(third time in a roll)
Yeah, sometimes randomness sucks. Can't tell you how sick I am of getting voltron/buff.
>>
>>49851308
>>49851330
Well you know, you could just not roll for it. But yeah, I'll look into some v3 updates or something. I might re-arrange things to start with type, then branch off so you can know what you are rolling for and not get silly shit like common planeswalkers or mana advantage lands. I also think creatures, since they make up 50% of the game, should probably make up 50% of the rolls? Or is that too many critters?
>>
>>49851232
I don't like that it doesn't do anything by itself.
Couldn't it either:
- first gain you something like 2 life then create token
- be an enchantment (without the sacrifice thing then)
>>
File: Shiro Black Paladin.jpg (33KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Shiro Black Paladin.jpg
33KB, 375x523px
>>49851330
>voltron
How did I not do this sooner? Legendary Defender was great.

>>49851360
I know, but I still want a mechanic to work with. Really, the improvement that's needed is pseudo-random generation that tilts the odds in favor of getting different results.
>>
File: Mossborn Rust.png (283KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Mossborn Rust.png
283KB, 375x523px
I never was quite able to hammer down the wording on this one. I'm still pretty sure it's appropriate to say all permanents have summoning sickness, it just doesn't effect non-creatures, yes?

>>49851379
I'd previously thought about having it gain at least a single life, first. For awhile I fell into liking the idea that it's fungal, it doesn't quite do anything on its own. The flashback is also there to have it to something later on, when it's sort of forgotten about.
But, yes, you are right. Four for nothing on its own is a bit goofy.
>>
>>49851417
Artifacts enter tapped is how wizards does this effect.
>>
File: Chargers Reward.jpg (50KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Chargers Reward.jpg
50KB, 375x523px
>>49851414
>Shiro
Awww yeahhhh.

>card
Its a thing.
>>
>>49851417
>saying "summoning sickness" in rules text
What is this witchcraft?
>>
>>49851431
Yeah, that's what I figured.
It was just as a means to counter Amulet of Vigor, I suppose.
>>
>>49851455
Summoning sickness doesn't apply to noncreatures, so your idea doesn't work anyway, sorry.
>>
>>49851453
Long ago, in an era when Haste wasn't an evergreen word...
It never appears in any other context though, does it?
>>
>>49851308
But after all, is this card acceptable ? Because I kinda like it.
>>
>>49851223
>Construct
This is pretty neat.

>Guardian
Uh... so when this returns it's an Enchantment, so... you target an opponent's creature with it this time around?

>Larva
Thing in the Ice/10.

>Collector
Blue getting counters like this isn't very... blue. I don't think the tribal stuff justifies it.

>Delver
Too efficient at 1U; blue doesn't get bears like this, and especially not at common.

>Lurker
>for each Fish and/or Merfolk creature you control
Not bad otherwise. Rarity is spot on.

>Titan
I forsee unhealthy things with this card, especially if you have any cards that tap to buff stuff.

>Shambler
I'd give it defender then change the card to make it lose defender. It's more intuitive.

>>49851308
Reading this is a bit of a chore, but I suppose that's the nature of the wording for that effect.

>>49851414
The Voltron dudes are robots?

Also re: randomization: the thing is, I can't really make a chart that takes into account the /tg/ dice giving you a 5 or 6 three times. But, I get that that's annoying. I guess a failsafe to that might be to take the previous option if the lower value is rolled (5) and the latter option if the higher one is rolled (6) if you've already rolled it twice or something? Wouldn't be too hard to add I don't think. I can shrink some fonts.

>>49851446
I like this.
>>
>>49851446
So if you play Charger's Reward in your second main phase, you waste the haste effect but Charger's reward rewards someone who didn't charge...
Not really an issue but it amused me.
>>
>>49851474
But the concept applies/appears to a non-creature permanent that becomes a creature in the same turn it enters, then?
>>
>>49851308
>>49851487
Well, Ward of Bones is one-sided at 6. But it also counts things separately and not just permanents in general. I see this coming down in a spell-slinging deck that doesn't care about controlling permanents and just shutting people down at 4 or 5 permanents.
>>
>>49851308
>If a permanent would enter the battlefield, put it into its owner's graveyard unless he or she controls the fewest number of permanents.

Also it's a very not-fun card and likely to be too oppressive.
>>
>>49851531
It does, but only because it's a creature.
>>
>>49851531
Yes. Only creatures are subject to CR302.6. Even if they entered as a non-creature, as long as they a) are a creature and b) haven't continually existed under your control since the start of the turn, they can't active abilities with {T} in the cost, or attack.
>>
>>49851480
It's just an informal term for 302.6 now.
>>
>>49851519
>Guardian
It's up to one, so you can decide to not copy it.
>Titan, Devler and Shambler
Fair enough.
>>
>>49851549
>>49851569
After giving it a search, it seems to be a stronger Damping Engine, so how about raising the cmc to 2WB ?
>>
>>49851308
I'm sure there is a way to simplify that wording...
Maybe "If a permanent would enter the battlefield under the control of a player that controls more permanent than at least one other player, put that permanent in its owner graveyard instead."? Or something like that?

Actually, considering your actual wording any permanent entering the battlefield would be put in the graveyard regardless of it's owner!
Even the player with the fewest permanent controls an "equal or greater" number of permanents than himself!
That condition is always filled because of the "equal".
>>
File: Engulfing Manaslime.jpg (41KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Engulfing Manaslime.jpg
41KB, 375x523px
Oddly creepy art that I didn't enjoy looking for.
>>
File: Keith Red Paladin.jpg (45KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Keith Red Paladin.jpg
45KB, 375x523px
>>49851446
>Awww yeahhhh.
Thanks. Not sure if I'm going to do the lions. I want to at least do all the pilots plus Allura though.

>card
Eh, I would rather it work like the Ordeals from Theros. Also, you realize you could just use this on the second main phase and bypass the downside, right?

>>49851480
Reminder text on Dryad Arbor, that's it.

>>49851519
>The Voltron dudes are robots?
No, just Shiro, due to his right arm. Does one cyborg arm make one an artifact creature? I'd think so.

>randomization
Maybe. Or reference the post number.
>>
>>49851629
It's more of a 6 CMC effect. The cards don't even hit the field.
>>
>>49851735
I dunno... that girl in the bottom left makes me curious where this is going.
>>
>>49851760
>Also, you realize you could just use this on the second main phase and bypass the downside, right?
"Put three +1/+1 counters on target creature" at Sorcery speed is 2G anyways. Having to wait a turn and opening yourself up to classic Aura 2-for-1 at RG seems not too outlandish. How about forcing it to attack and block if able?
>>
>>49851795
"Cast ~ only during your first main phase." would fix it too. It's archaic, but should solve the problem.
>>
>>49851795
>How about forcing it to attack and block if able?
Well... again, I'd rather make it an Ordeal myself. But sure, if you give it Vigilance too. Hmm, wait... how about
>Enchanted creature has vigilance and haste and attacks or blocks each combat if able.
>Whenever enchanted creature blocks or becomes blocked by a creature, put a +1/+1 counter on enchanted creature.
>At the beginning of your upkeep, sacrifice ~.
Or have it check during upkeep, and put a +1/+1 counter for each creature it blocked or was blocked by since your last upkeep, I guess.
>>
>>49851822
>first main phase
precombat main phase
>>
>>49851914
yeah, that.
>>
File: Chargers Reward.jpg (43KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Chargers Reward.jpg
43KB, 375x523px
>>49851835
Blargh, screw the hoops that are required from casting it second main.
>>
>>49851995
>run this in Naya
Gustcloak all day errey day
>>
>>49851995
>>49852044

>on target creature that dealt combat damage this turn.
>>
>>49852111
>>49852111
>>49852111
>>
File: MtG Oddman.png (67KB, 198x277px) Image search: [Google]
MtG Oddman.png
67KB, 198x277px
Going through my folder of old cards I made months if not years ago. Check em out
>>
File: MtG Terrible Sleep.jpg (36KB, 400x560px) Image search: [Google]
MtG Terrible Sleep.jpg
36KB, 400x560px
>>49852286
2/4
Oddman should cost more
>>
File: MtG RVOLUTION.jpg (45KB, 400x560px) Image search: [Google]
MtG RVOLUTION.jpg
45KB, 400x560px
>>49852291
I really like this one
>>
File: MtG Kcabuuc.png (208KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
MtG Kcabuuc.png
208KB, 375x523px
>>49852302
4/4
I have a couple more but Ill leave it at this for now
Thread posts: 341
Thread images: 118

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.