[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Age of Sigmar General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 323
Thread images: 63

File: zecNTxc.jpg (473KB, 1333x854px) Image search: [Google]
zecNTxc.jpg
473KB, 1333x854px
>resources
pastebin.com/7HmkJAPT

Warhammer Quest not Silver Tower edition

>General's Handbook pdf is up
https://mega.nz/#!DxRGmTZL!x_L0eobCjr4qrF7enhVlZ2DffTtRa3hdDrc5RctcAbE

>OP image album
imgur.com/gallery/12eeL

Old thread:
>>49798383

A friendly raven bring a message, another Warhammer Quest is coming, and it is not just Silver Tower 2.0, discuss.
>>
first for seraphon
>>
>>49827693
Obvious choice is an undead themed Tomb of Nagash (or somesuch)
>>
>>49828071
I really hope it is undead themed.

Especially if it means they think up some new wacky enemies to lurk in the Bone Zone
>>
when is the fucking new wanderer models coming out?
>>
>>49828203
Probably a long way out, considering Sylvaneth just recently got a large update.
>>
>>49828345
but they are supposed to be seperate armies now so why?
>>
why the fuck did they even make 2 start collecting boxes for orks?
>>
>>49828071
This would definitely make sense, and explain why there is currently no cards for vampires in silver tower!
>>
>>49828433

Ironjawz were designed to be played separately
>>
>>49828478
I really dont like them. they look like orks of 40k not fantasy.
>>
>>49828353
didn't you get the memo? Aelves players were supposed to ebay their old miniatures and buy sigmarines.

Evidence?

1) they shit on the lore for aelve
2) they butchered the Aelves factions into unplayable garbage
3) The rules for aelves are inferior (have not won or come close to winning any tournaments)

Brace for incoming flame posts that don't prove anything I said is wrong.
>>
>>49828538

I guess, they're just black orcs with a new black Orc war boss and black nobs.

You don't have to play them, Greenskins and savage orcs aren't be squatted at all.
>>
>>49828542
Nah, you're just overreacting. The lore hasn't gotten to the aelves yet, and it will in due time. When the story get to them, then the separate aelf factions (high, dark, wood, etc) will get their own updates and battletomes. You just have to be patient. The releases and updates will pick up again for AoS in the spring/summer. Right now 40k and 30k are getting their turns.
>>
>>49828542

Aelves are pretty good tho. One of the more recent tournaments had aelves high up

As far as lore goes, it's just following the whole "elf survivors of the previous world become the pantheon for the new world" story line.
>>
I got some wood elf glade guards and some wood elf heroes. I really like the models of the sylvaneth start collecting box. how would the army perform if I get that one and mix it with my elves?
>>
>>49828701

Sylvaneth tend to like staying pure as they have some really neat rules/equipment for keeping their Sylvaneth allegiance. That being said, a treelord and some dryads won't hurt
>>
>>49828701
It wouldn't hurt the Elves, but the Sylvaneth wont be able to work as well as they normally can.
>>
>>49828965
so my elves are currently unusable then with the aos rules?
>>
>>49828975

No, wood elves are called wanderers now and are perfectly legal

They're actually quite good too
>>
>>49829067
I mean its just a few old models that are hard to find if you want to build one from the scratch now.

I hoped I can mix my small army with some other force to make a nice thematic bigger army.
>>
File: conspiritard maybe.png (385KB, 813x273px) Image search: [Google]
conspiritard maybe.png
385KB, 813x273px
>>49828975
>so my elves are currently unusable then with the aos rules?
>>
>>49828975
They are all usable. Almost everything from fantasy has rules in the Warscroll Compendiums:
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Warhammer-Age-of-Sigmar-Rules?_requestid=5128319

The units that got cut from the store also have their rules in the Grand Alliance books, and PDFs on their store pages on the GW website, however they are mostly the same as the compendium rules.

The reason I say Sylvaneth are worse is because they get extra abilities/magic items etc for ONLY having Sylvaneth models in the army (Right now they are the only one, since others haven't been updated since GW started doing that).

The next time Elves get an update, the current models will most likely be untouched, except for maybe a small change (For example, the Treelord Ancient got updated twice. Once in the Grand Alliance book where it become a Hero, and again in the Sylvaneth battletome, where they gained a command ability. For Elves, the Waywatcher Lord gained a command ability in the Grand Alliance book, where as he doesnt have it in the Warscroll Compendium), but new models will be added to the range. Old models with rules in the compendium PDFs will still be usable, since they have proper Allegiance keywords already.
>>
>>49829093

That is definitely possible, Sylvaneth have a specific allegiance bonus that they like to keep but everyone else in Order doesn't care about it yet. And you can totally team up Sylvaneth with wood aelves, you'll just miss out on a few of their special rules which isn't that big of a deal. Mixing in Durthu or Alarielle with wood elves will kick some serious ass.

You can make a perfectly viable army by mixing your wood elves and any other order army too. Elves and Lizardmen? Totally legal.
>>
>>49828542
it doesnt matter how much you shitpost in these threads, we will keep telling you that aelves are top tier

go play the game instead of shitposting about it
>>
Does anybody here have any experience with the different verminlords? I'm wondering if Skreech Verminking is worthwhile using or if the Deceiver is considered one of the better choices
>>
>>49829309
>we will keep telling you that aelves are top tier
find me a tournament win by aelves. O right, you can't, cause it doesn't exist.

Keep drinking your coolaid.
>>
>>49829565
Sylvaneth are garbage because they have never won a tournament.
>>
>>49829565
>set up bolt thrower
>give it the lore master's spell, reroll to hit and to wound.
>cackle
>>
File: 1475334301310.jpg (113KB, 958x844px) Image search: [Google]
1475334301310.jpg
113KB, 958x844px
Tfw jezzails are overpriced and ugly.
>>
>>49829676
Ugly, yes
But they are basically ranged retributors.
If I see a unit of 6 of them my stormcast ass gets teleported to Azyr immediately.
>>
>>49829640
I use a loremaster. I cast hand of glory on my fucking black dragon then I heal it D6 per turn with allarielle after I give it a mystic shiled so it rocks a 3+ rerollable save.

Youre a fucking moron if you waste a hand of glory on a bolt thrower.
>>
>>49829785

>not calling down comets on them before hurricanuming/cuncussor shooting them off the board
>>
File: IMG_1758.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1758.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
painting today
>>
>>49830807
I think you've got a really cool paint scheme going on. Your army is going to stand out!
>>
File: AoSBoxContentsENG_ProdSlide1.jpg (275KB, 700x368px) Image search: [Google]
AoSBoxContentsENG_ProdSlide1.jpg
275KB, 700x368px
New to the game, friends got me playing at a GamesWorkshop so I bought the starter set.

Whats the army Popularitys? whats least played and most played?

Is there a good rundown of what each army does?

Thanks
>>
I need card for Silver Tower Branchwych anny help?
>>
>>49831353
No idea as to absolute popularity, but you tend to see a lot of Seraphon, Skaven and Highelves, while there are very few Fyreslayers, Wanderers and regular Goblins overall.
>>
>>49831466
Branchwych 5 3+ 5+
- Bittergrub's Mandibles (1+) C/2+/1
- Greenwood Scythe (4+) C/3+/D3
Quick-tempered: If the Branchwych attacks with her Greenwood Scythe while she is wounded, make as many attack rolls as there are wounds on her hero card.
Arcane
Swift
Reknown: If you slay an adversary while you have at least three wounds on your hero card, gain 1 additional renown.
>>
>>49831353
So far, based on the summer campaign at least, and a few little internet surveys I have seen, the least popular armies are those from the Death and Destruction grand alliances, particularly Death. A majority of player armies are from Order and Chaos. So if you want an obscure army type, pick anything from Death and you should be in pretty good shape.

But it will also depend on your local meta, and picking an army that appeals to you most for collecting, building and painting, because 90% of the time you spend on your army won't be playing it.
>>
>>49831353
>I bought the starter set.
since you already sunk a chunk of $$$ into those models its probably a good idea to select the one of the two from that box that you enjoy the looks of the most.
>>
>>49831353
Here's a quick overview of the main Order factions:
- Stormcast: Brick it up like a motherfucker. Many different playstyles, but mostly centered around grinding down the enemy.
- Sylvaneth: Lots of shenanigans; mobility out of every orifice. Infuriating in the hands of a skilled player.
- Fyreslayers: Agressive horde army that is slow and doesn't work well in large units. Yeah...
- Wanderers: Hit&Run archery army with some potent melee units. Fold like wet tissue paper when pressed.
- Highborn: Have like a billion subfactions, each with their own bag of tricks. Generally not very tough, but pack a punch at range and close up. Very few generalist units.
- Exiles: Like Highborn, but with black eyeliner.
- Dispossesed: Classic dwarves; take ages to get anywhere, but also take ages to kill. Great ranged infantry.
- Ironweld Arsenal: So many cannons. How many? All of them!
- Freeguild: The resident horde army, for a lack of better terms. Some backup from rather nasty elite units and heroes.
- Seraphon: Jurassic Park. Highly flexible army with something for everybody. Solid at most things, but don't really excel much unless you build for it.
Also, some other minor shit that is mostly for plugging holes your list might have, such as mages and priests.
>>
>>49827693
>age of smegmar
>>
File: nicememe.gif (3MB, 420x300px) Image search: [Google]
nicememe.gif
3MB, 420x300px
>>49832066
>>
>>49832265
Wouldn't be a AoS general without it~
>>
Alright, so say that I'm a strange man and I want to make a Gitmob army. Wolf Rider battleline, maybe a few Wolf Chariots and Spear Chukkas. I also want to field some of the Rockgut Troggoths because I love the models. I can't help feeling that they're missing a leader though. All they have with the Gitmob allegiance is the Grot Shaman, but he's not a fighter, he's a caster. Is there some other Goblin or Orc model I can ally in as a leader?

Any help in coming up with a halfway decent list would be much appreciated also, this will mainly be a painting and modelling project but I might want to play a game with them occasionally.
>>
File: River-Troll-Hag-Side.jpg (50KB, 500x425px) Image search: [Google]
River-Troll-Hag-Side.jpg
50KB, 500x425px
>>49831793
From what I understand about my area its alot of Chaos armys. Im just asking since I try to tend to use underdogs/least played things in my various games.
>>49831813
I actualy dont particularly favor either, I got the set to get started and to use as experince assembling and painting the models. I paid half price though since my friend is taking the Chaos faction it came with so im not too out of it.
>>49832062
Thanks for the quick overview. Im actualy looking at Ironjawz, Order Serpentis, Scourge Privateers, Beastclaw Raiders and Troggoths for what is visualy appealing. The Terrorgeist flesh eater set draws me too since I like bats.
Is Troggoth battalion viable?
>>
>>49832062
I'll try my hands at Destruction.
>Greenskinz
Classic orc; sadly a somewhat anemic army by itself. Here's to hoping they get an update at some point in the nearer future.
>Bonespitterz
Surprisingly hard to kill, since even the shittiest orc has two wounds despite being cheap as chips. They also have a lot of anti-monster rules, which means certain armies will be quite wary of them.
>Ironjawz
Functionally Stormcast Eternals as portrayed by orcs, these can take a hit and still pump out loads of damage. Their cavalry is garbage, everything else stellar.
>Gitmob
Classic goblins; these guys have plenty of warmachines as well as some mobile cavalry/chariots. Their lack of heroes can be an issue.
>Moonclan
Same old principles still hold true. Actually engaging their main force can be a lesson in frustration, as many *random* elements such as fanatics or squigs can and will throw a wrench into even the best plans. They also have some surprisingly powerful options waiting in the wing.
>Gutbuster
Ogres are as straightforward as can be. Each is big and tough and fast, especially the Ironguts. On the downside they are more often than not outnumbered and a bad Battleshock test can royally screw them over.
>Beastclaw
Those ogres that ride the big beasts make up the Beastclaw tribes. Let's get it out of the way: Behemoth Battleline. Yes. Don't be surprised by armies containing as many as three models total.
>Troggoth
This is where you get your troll on. They are more of an ally force, really, but offer some fairly substantial strength when needed.
>>
File: goblin warboss.png (181KB, 742x463px) Image search: [Google]
goblin warboss.png
181KB, 742x463px
>>49832616
There's the legacy goblin warboss, nothing stopping you still using his warscroll. Quite a good command ability too, helps you drown the enemy in dice.
>>
>>49832850
The Flesh Eaters got kinda screwed by the GBH's summoning rules, but are otherwise a lovely army with incredible background.
Scourge Privateers have a nice thematic element and look super neat, but sadly their troopers are kinda shit. Still, Kharybdis is fairly nasty and the chariot isn't too shabby, either.
Order Serpentis is as direct as elves are ever gonna get. Pile up your nasty cavalry, chariots and monsters and cram them all down your opponent's throat.
Ironjawz play like Stormcast, at least broadly speaking. Nothing fancy going on here.
Troggoths could maybe form an army on their own, but it'd be fairly boring, I suspect.
>>
Which verminlord should I build? The abilities of screech and the corruptor are nice, but the war bringer is more fluffy for my army. List is primarily Skyre and verminus clans
>>
>shop is full of 40k dick suckers
>all they do is complain about it
>suggest AoS for a change
>get berated by AoS hate maymays

Goddamnit! I just want to play AoS
>>
>>49833659
sorry bro. It's just that way right now, unfortunately. although the maymays and general hate is starting to really lessen and more communities are picking it up with a growing fanbase. so maybe in the future. just start collecting and painting your stuff in plain view. eventually people may warm to it, and you may be able to recruit people new to wargaming, which is what aos was designed to accommodate.
>>
>>49833733

Yea, new people is what I'm really hoping to snag. My LGS owner might let me throw together the starter box for display, which would also let me do demos. Win/Win for both of us.

I'm just sick of 40k. It's a shitshow from the rules to the players, but people keep sucking it's dick hard.
>>
>>49833781
yeah ive begun to dread 40k games now because i know how terrible the system has become. i am really hoping the rumored 8th edition gets a major overhaul and takes a lot of lessons from aos game design.
>>
>>49833812

Yea, me too. There's just so much shit. Like, my current main for 40k is tzeentch daemons. Without summoning, my 1850 starts with 21 power dice in a flying circus. That's not fun to play against, and neither is rolling on 27 goddamn tables before the first turn for that matter. The worst part is that it's not even that strong compared to marines or eldar.

I like Sigmar because it's simple. After 12 years of 40k and fantasy, there's nothing wrong with simple. If they can do that to 40k, great, though I doubt they will. At least, they won't do it so completely because they have to worry about vehicles.

Anyway, I really hope I can get some wind in my AoS sails at my lgs.
>>
So, I want to combine the regiments of renown rules with the path to glory campaign system!

Right now i'm thinking take the basic structure of regiments of renown, up the points limit to 200 points and allow one hero model in a starting warband (with access to only one hero ability at the start with more to be rolled up.)

Keep the PtG advancement system but rather than adding full units , add in single models from the units. ( Roll up a unit of blight kings, add one blight king. )

Anyone got any other ideas for how i can mash together a nice skirmish level campaign system?
>>
>>49833659
Avoid trying to recruit the 40k players.
I've noticed most of the people picking up AoS are the guys who are playing malifaux,infinity,mordheim ect.
Also alot of the D&D players from my FLGS have picked up armies.

I can't say for sure why that is, maybe because the 40k players have their ears too close to the ground when it comes to GW gossip and have still got the general AOS backlash ringing in their ears.

Also avoid 9th age players, every one of them that i've met is a cunt.
>>
>>49834409

This shop doesn't have any other mini games. Actually, this whole area is devoid. I tried getting WMH started at my old shop years ago before it closed with little success (though I met 2 other players at this new one). Other than that, it's mostly TCG, DnD, and 40k.
>>
>>49834502
Try the D&D guys. Maybe you should pick up the storm of sigmar box, run some demos one night .

From there you could encourage people to check out the many different ways to play AoS (liek regiments of renown) and sell it off as a game with a low starting point for small games that can be expanded if desired..
>>
>>49830807
Nice purple what's your scheme for it? I really like how it looks
>>
>>49830807
Also the ice weapons look bad ass
>>
>>49834557

That's what me and the shop kind of unofficially, actually. I assemble it while everyone is there, demo games when I can, and get people into it. The big thing that concerns me is that his GW rep didn't give him any SC! Boxes, so there are none on display. He can't afford to get more product (especially GW product) without moving a chunk of what he already has.

The good news is that he can order them and usually offers 10% off, so that will help. I might show him the starter excel sheet to help with sales for people who are interested.
>>
>>49829785
I meant money, not points
>>
>>49832062
>>49832853
>>49833145
What can you tell me about Malignants/Nighthaunt.

After doing some reading im finding all the ghosts models appealing to collect and paint. How do they play and what setups are viable?
>>
2k point skaven list, what do you guys think?

++ Grand Alliance: Chaos (Pitched Battle (2,000)) (2000pts) ++

+ (No Category) +

Alliegance [*Chaos*]

+ Leader (200pts) +

Skaven Warlord (100pts)

Tretch Craven tail (100pts)

+ Artillery (280pts) +

Warplock Jezzails (280pts) [2x 3 Warplock Jezzails]

+ Battleline (360pts) +

Clanrats (120pts) [2x 10 Clanrats]

+ Other (1080pts) +

Ratling Gun Weapon Team (80pts)

Ratling Gun Weapon Team (80pts)

Stormfields (300pts) [3 Stormfields]

Stormvermin (280pts) [2x 10 Stormvermin]

Stormvermin (280pts) [2x 10 Stormvermin]

Warpfire Thrower Weapon Team (60pts)

Battalion
Verminous clawpack (80pts)
>>
>>49831353
>there are very few Fyreslayers
Can't imagine why.

Who doesn't want to play an army of autistic looking fat naked ginger chodes?
>>
>>49837116
you're going to watch your opponents melt. Keep the vermin as a group of 20 though, for their +1 to hit vs less numerous opponents and have fun
>>
>>49838305
That's the idea, bonus attack from the warlord with -2 rend? I can't think of any unit in the game that can survive 60 -2 1 dmg attacks with sixes being double.

This list was born from a specialized hatred for a flesh eater player at my lgs.
>>
>>49838452
>That's the idea, bonus attack from the warlord with -2 rend? I can't think of any unit in the game that can survive 60 -2 1 dmg attacks with sixes being double.
>This list was born from a specialized hatred for a flesh eater player at my lgs.
best of luck friendo, Been playing skaven since Jan, verminus and skryre are masterrace
>>
>>49832885
Ah, awesome.

Alright, so how does
Goblin Warboss
Goblin Shaman
2-3 Goblin Wolf Riders (x10)
2-3 Goblin Wolf Chariots
1-2 Spear Chukkas
4 Stone Trolls

sound? Legal? Playable?
>>
>>49839253
Follow up to this , exactly 1000 points.

Grot Warboss

Grot Shaman

Grot Wolf Chariot

Grot Wolf Chariot

Grot Wolf Riders (10)

Grot Wolf Riders (10)

Grot Wolf Riders (10)

Rockgut Troggoths (3)

How would I expand this to 2000? Double it? Or are there any fun things I can add in to cover any weaknesses?
>>
>>49839358
You really need some ranged firepower.
In keeping with the theme of a mobile force (bar the trolls, I mean), why not take some spear-chuckas and mount them on parked chariots, like they would usually keep pace with the main force and only dismount and prepare the guns right before battle?
Also, if you can afford FW, a troll hag would be a nice addition.
>>
File: 1460245726323.png (1022KB, 1002x847px) Image search: [Google]
1460245726323.png
1022KB, 1002x847px
>>49827693
Artwork source ?
>>
>>49839663
Yeah, I guess arming the wolf riders with bows probably won't cut it. I like the spear chukka idea.

I have a Giant Cave Squig from Forgeworld but all of the distinctions in the GH are confusing me a little. If Wolf Riders are battleline only if the army has Gitmob allegiance, does that mean I can't take the Stone Trolls?

Also, why the troll hag? She do something special?
>>
>>49829640
Use Sea Helm command ability on a battery of bolt throwers. Think big.
>>
>>49829309
What's even a good HE list these days?
I'd go with Sea Helm with banner as general for a bolt thrower, a couple of battleline reavers, some seaguard and pg for foot infantry?
>>
>>49839686
I don't know who the artist is, but it's from the Silver Tower booklet.

Notice how the one Daemon (lower right) has a pair of dice in its hand?
>>
>>49832616
You... Could always use Grom the Paunch? Fat gobbo king on a chariot, command lets all gitmob reroll to hit within 10" in the combat phase, has 4+ regen and a 6+ ward save, 120 points.
>>
>>49841004
These look pretty sick
>>
>>49841181
>I don't know who the artist is
The hand of Kevin chin is pretty recognisable.
>>
File: at-first-i-was-like.jpg (131KB, 600x1518px) Image search: [Google]
at-first-i-was-like.jpg
131KB, 600x1518px
Friend pass me rumours of a new Keeper of Secrets
>mfw

Sources: BotLS
>mfw

I want a decent KoS, goddamit.
>>
>>49839721
>Gitmob allegiance
You got that right.
So, Wolfriders are only battleline under that allegiance? I hadn't realized that; so,myeah, your list with the trolls wouldn't work.
>>
>>49841004
Is... is this a new meme I wasn't told of?
>>
My FLGS is having a 1500 pts tourny with 3 matches, 3 game types:Take & Hold, Blood & Glory and, Border War.

I've got a Wood Elves with Tree friends so far our of what I have painted. It seems effective enough in my head, but I haven't gone out to test it yet.

BSB
Prince
SpellWeaver
Treeman Ancient

10 Glade Guard
9 Waywatchers
20 Eternal Guard
10 Rangers
10 Dryads
5 Spite Revenants
>>
>>49842614
I'm trying to balance obsec with buffers from my shooting, but I have no point of reference really for AoS yet.
>>
File: image.jpg (316KB, 1532x1944px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
316KB, 1532x1944px
>>49842614
You are missing a second Battleline unit.
>>
>>49842772
Aren't the dryads and Glade Guard BL? Not to mention the Waywatchers?
>>
>>49842401
That's really fucking stupid and irritating. Gitmob Grots have almost nothing if you run them as pure Gitmob Allegiance, and if you just run the Destruction Grand Alliance then you can't have Wolf Riders as battleline. Argh, I miss the days when you could just make armies out of whatever you wanted (I know you still can, but not in matched play).

Guess I need a couple of units of battleline tax then. Any suggestions? They'll be literal chaff as I don't even want them to begin with.
>>
>>49840643
The most common list is a defensive turtle list that involves phoenixes, mages, spearmen, and bolt throwers.

Other offensive lists use their incredibly powerful dragons, princes on griffons, and heavy cavalry to decimate an opponent on the charge.

High Elves rival the Seraphon as one of the best two Order armies to play
>>
>>49843007
Normal ogors are destruction battleline. You could replace the troggoths with ogors and keep the rest of the force pretty much the same (would need to free up a few points for a 2nd battleline unit). Hell, I'd be okay with you using troll models as counts-as ogors, but of course it's what people at your local store/club think that really matters.
>>
>>49843312
At the moment I've decided to try and expand it to a 2k force.

Grot Warboss
Grot Shaman

3x 20 Grots (battleline tax

3x 10 Wolf Riders

2x Wolf Chariots

2x Spear Chukkas

1x 3 Rockgut Troggoths

That brings me to 1580, but I'm having trouble trying to think of something fun to fill in the gaps. Maybe an Aleguzzler Gargant?

Also not really looking forward to having to assemble and paint 60 fucking grots just to fill battleline requirements.
>>
>>49843650
Ooh, might add in Grom the Paunch as another anon suggested. Legacy warscrolls are fine in matched play as long as they're not superseded by a newer one, right?
>>
/aostg/, am currently playtesting/coverting mordheim to aos but i am hitting a snag with hero/henchman costs using gh points.

Old mordheim heroes and henchmans werent that far off in terms of cost to hire and ability, but single models are way cheaper and weaker then heroes if i use gh points. it makes it really easy to hit the 15 unit warband limit even if you max out on heroes.

Any ideas on how to fix it?
>>
>>49842772
>>49843004
That army has 3 battleline units.

Also, Spite Revenants are your friend for getting enemy units out of objectives in the battleshock phase. In theory I think they will work well if the enemy doesn't have much shooting.
>>
File: 20161017_195127.jpg (3MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
20161017_195127.jpg
3MB, 4160x2340px
What are you working on today /aosg/?
>>
File: IronbreakersFinished.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
IronbreakersFinished.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
>>49844016
I am supposed to be working on my unit of Longbeards, but I keep putting it off.

I have painted their armour gold (although that doesn't match the rest of the armies theme) just so I can call them the "Golden Oldies".

To make up for the different armour colour, I am going to make all of their gems, and the inside of their shield designs blue, so I hope they wont look THAT out of place.

Since I don't have a picture of the Longbeards yet, here are some Ironbreakers I for my army.
>>
>>49841814
At least theres a better model at Forge world. www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-IT/Keeper-of-Secrets-Greater-Daemon-of-Slaanesh
>>
>>49835075

It's GW, if you were worried about money you wouldn't be buying it.
>>
Anyone thinking of using the new magnus model as a lord of change stand-in?
>>
File: image.jpg (70KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
70KB, 960x960px
>>49844016

Unfucking my life
>>
>>49843696
Even if they are superceded. You just gotta make it clear to your opponent which one you're using.
>>
File: image.jpg (5MB, 1935x2070px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
5MB, 1935x2070px
>>49844016
Slowly starting to paint my blood warriors
>>
>>49843250
Would... Would... My dream elf army be possible?
Alith Anar - 120
10 shadow warriors - 200
10 shadow warriors - 200
Bolt thower - 120
Bolt thrower - 120
5 Ellyrian Reavers - 160
5 Ellyrian Reavers - 160
10 Executioners - 200 or PG
Archmage - 120
100 to spare
1400/1500
>>
>>49844705
I would argue that if they have been superceded, you can't use them in ranked play unless your opponent is happy with it, since some old configurations that aren't possible with the new warscroll are simply better.

For example, the Dwarf Lord with a Great Weapon is noticeably more dangerous than the Warden King
>>
>>49844826
Well, for my part I would use the old shadow warriors scroll that actually synergizes with Alith anar. The new elf scrolls does me no favours at all.
>>
>>49844707

He looks great
>>
Buying a 2nd hand Tomb Kings army but I want to put it all on round bases instead of square.

Does anyone have that base conversion image?
>>
File: warscroll updates FAQ.png (55KB, 1465x295px) Image search: [Google]
warscroll updates FAQ.png
55KB, 1465x295px
>>49844826
>I would argue that if they have been superceded, you can't use them in ranked play unless your opponent is happy with it, since some old configurations that aren't possible with the new warscroll are simply better.

then you would be wrong

https://www.games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/AoS_Errata/warhammer_aos_rules_en.pdf
>>
File: Warscroll FAQ complete.png (78KB, 1437x471px) Image search: [Google]
Warscroll FAQ complete.png
78KB, 1437x471px
>>49845289
complete quote
>>
File: IMG_0387.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0387.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
>>49844016
Just got my hands on this guy. Feels good to get something new for my Stormcast that for once isn't just a kitbash of a made-up unit.
>>
>>49844707
That is a magnificent paint job.
>>
>>49844232
Replace the head with some bird's head and maybe do something about the halberd and you're good to go.
>>
>>49844707
Blood looks basically always shitty, but that mini manages to pull it off. Not bad, anon.
>>
File: IMG_3222.jpg (1MB, 2777x1433px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3222.jpg
1MB, 2777x1433px
>>49844016
Finished my Tzeentch chaos warriors unit today
>>
>>49846426
>>49845831
>>49845208

Thanks for the praise lads. I spent quite a while looking up bloodstained swords to try and get the effect to look better.
>>
>>49846700
That's an awesome colour scheme
>>
File: IMG_0370.jpg (922KB, 2317x2317px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0370.jpg
922KB, 2317x2317px
>>49844016
Trying to make a korgaroth look more like some tourtured, mutilated, khornate beast, rather than the mound of shit and skulls it looks like normally
>>
>>49845771
Lol, funnily it is just a kit bash of a made up unit!
>>
>>49847483
A decent use of the Khorgorath? What dark magic is this?
Skulls-through-skin still look awful, but that's hardly your fault.
>>
>>49847687
I still want it to be a khorgorath, so left some of the skulls (but wanting a break from painting my skelebros so wanted to get rid of those on its back). Also it annoyed me it had no head to actually eat shit with as it's ment to...and also it obviously needs an axe as it's F'in khorne!
>>
>>49847687
>>49847782

Also, I must admit to stealing the idea of giving it a beastman/Minotaur whatever head it is (found in Bitzbox box of flgs) from an anon on whip that made a much better one
>>
File: comparison.jpg (190KB, 1246x943px) Image search: [Google]
comparison.jpg
190KB, 1246x943px
>>49847552
...yeah...I kinda noticed.
One of the two blisters in the clamshell looks like it's taken right from the Lord-Castellant's.
Not sure how to feel about that.
>>
>>49847945
>Square bases
>>
>>49847975
>being this new to aos general
>>
>>49847945
It IS taken right from the Lord castelant, the whole thing looks like a kitbash where they have put the lamp on his stick and given him a sword...that's not saying it looks bad, it's just laziness it seems...
>>
>>49847988
Round bases are superior though.
>>
>>49846700
That banner looks great.
>>
>>49848009
I say it depends on how you want to display them.

I plan on keeping my Dwarfs in close order when they are on the shelf, so they are staying on squares, but newer models with spread out poses kind of have to be on round, since getting them ranked up isn't worth the hassle.

That is also why I am going to be basing my Wood Elves on round bases. Most of them simply don't rank up well.
>>
>>49847990
I'd probably be less bothered by this if it had been a single kit with two assembly options, to be honest.
That's kinda shallow, admittedly, but I'll stand by it.
>>
>>49846700
How did you do your purple?
>>
Hi AoSG.

Nooby here. I want a chaos chariot list, any suggestions? I am looking at 2k points.

So far I think I like the Gorebeast Chariot with Mark of Khorne, Bloab Rotspawned, Lord on Daemonic Mount, Bloodstoker and some Exalted Flamer on Burning Chariots.

What should I do for battleline and what else do you suggest? I want fast and hard hitting. Thanx :)
>>
hi aosg, which units from the sylvaneth start collecting box you can use as the sylvaneth/dryad units from the wood elves scroll?

for example Branchwych can be used as a Branchwraith and so on?
>>
>>49847945
square bases look so bad
>>
make your own treelord
https://youtu.be/dtTD6ZBAiMA
>>
>>49848165
I use armypainter paints. Alien Purple, then wash with purple tone, then highlight with purple mixed with bleached bone (twice, with increasing amount of bleached bone).
>>49848049
>>49846836
Thanks!
>>
>>49848341

Why would you use a Branchwych as a branchwraith when the wych is better the great majority of time?
>>
>>49848341
I don't get why you would want to use the inferior wood elf versions, but overall it's very straightforward:
- Dryads are Dryads. Pretty clear-cut.
- The Treelord can be assembled as a Treelord, a Treelord Ancient and Durthu.
- The Branchwych is fairly distinct from the Branchwraith, but if you tell your opponent beforehand it shouldn't be too huge an issue, assuming you don't run a mix of branchwraiths and -wyches only using the wych model.
>>
>>49848341
>>49848487

Unrelated question, I noticed now that it's Branchwych instead of Branchwitch, which is what I I've been calling the model all this time.

So, what does Wych means? I'm not a native speaker and I can't find it on google.
>>
>>49848514
Wych is just an old/Middle English spelling witch.
>>
>>49848514
It's either ye olde english for wych in order to invoke that fey feeling Sylvaneth are meant to carry, or it is an easier to copyright term; which it is depends on your cynicism.
>>
>>49848351
I kinda like them. Some models just look better when ranked up and I suspect that goes for the shieldwall-y stormcast as much as it goes for dwarves.
>>
>>49848552
>>49848638

Oh, ok thanks.
>>
did you guys liked the Alarielle the Everqueen model?
>>
>>49848552
>>49848638
>>49848514

Actually "wych" although connoting witches, and sharing a root etemologically with Wiccan, comes from the "wych elm", there are a lot of places in England called "wychwood" (including quite a good brewery that's famous for its "hobgoblin").
>>
>>49844774
Bump for pointers? Will this actually work? All shooters in a 8" range of the shadow king will reroll 1's to hit.
>>
>>49848179
Is it maybe worth going full StD (kek) for battleline knights and horsemen.
>>
>>49848767
Dunno, it looks quite a fun army. Bolt throwers are always good. Not much elf experience tho.
>>
>>49848767
Reavers are the spawn of the devil. Everybody using them should be hanged by his ears until their elf-ness shows.

More seriously, the executioners seem to stand out like a sore thumb. Maybe some other stealthy, sneaky elves like waywatchers or even the tenebral shard?
>>
>>49847483
>>49847819
That anon was me!
Lookin good fellow minotaur bro.
The normal Khorgorath model sucks, using minotaur bits really fixes em. Keep up the good work anon.
>>
File: GW bases.jpg (192KB, 1086x1544px) Image search: [Google]
GW bases.jpg
192KB, 1086x1544px
>>49845213
This one?
>>
>>49849468
Sound mate, thanks for the idea man, keep up the good work!
>>
>>49848179
>>49848770
Hmm I dunno. I like the idea of the Bloab Rotspawned spell plus chariot combo that I saw somewhere on the Internet, plus I like the Maggoth Lord model. Battle lines really have me at a loss though, it's such a shame I can't use warhounds as battleline because the models I really like and they are fast and match the theme I wanna go for. I do like the knight and horseman models though, but adding Bloab takes me out of the Slaves to Darkness realm. I also like the burning chariot model, and the Bloodstoker is at least cheap off eBay.
>>
>>49844774
>Would... Would... My dream elf army be possible?Alith Anar - 12010 shadow warriors - 20010 shadow warriors - 200Bolt thower - 120Bolt thrower - 1205 Ellyrian Reavers - 1605 Ellyrian Reavers - 16010 Executioners - 200 or PGArchmage - 120100 to spare1400/1500

Get rid of shadow king, he does not earn his points. Add Lothern Sea helm for very strong command ability and area of effect buff. Remove the Arcmage because his spell is weak and he is over priced. Bring Sisters of the Thorn for their epic signature spell instead. may need to jigger the list slightly from there to get everything in at that points level but should be pretty good from there.
>>
>>49844774
>Would... Would... My dream elf army be possible?Alith Anar - 12010 shadow warriors - 20010 shadow warriors - 200Bolt thower - 120Bolt thrower - 1205 Ellyrian Reavers - 1605 Ellyrian Reavers - 16010 Executioners - 200 or PGArchmage - 120100 to spare1400/1500

also noticing that unless I'm missing something you appear to be lacking the mandatory battleline units to make this a legal list.

Dark Aelves Dreadspears are a good option 10 models for 80 points decent rerollable save and reach to fight from multiple ranks.
>>
>>49849469
Thats the one, thanks
>>
>>49834409
Thats not entirely true, Im a 40k player that got recruited. You just have to get them to watch a game. the thing that sealed the deal for me was when they showed me it was only 4 pages of rules
>>
>>49850043
Reavers are battleline
>>
>>49851724
so they are, very cool
>>
File: Roasted.jpg (46KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Roasted.jpg
46KB, 1280x720px
>>49829861
>Play Skyre
>mfw just fucking your dragon in the bussy with my Warpfire Projectors
>>49829785
>Take Stormvermin
>Take Skitarii Galvanic Rifles
>Chop and file
Boom, done.
>>
>>49849165
Executioners are in for two reasons, first that I want a way to to mortal wounds, second because they look awesome with a Shadow warrior helm headswap.
I kinda wanna do the reavers as a dark rider conversion, with shadow warrior bows instead of crossbows.
>>
>Be new AoS player
>Meet guy from FLGS who's been playing a while
>Guy claims to share my interest in games 'for fun, not to roflstomp'
>Guy suggests we try playing a points game with General's Handbook
>I bring ~1000 points of melee dwarfs because it's all I own
>Guy digs through collection, sets up ~1000 points of literally all shooty
>Judicators, Empire handgunners, Steam tank, Celestial Hurricanum, Grim Burloksson, some Wizard
>Parks at far edge of board and never moves
>Probably 2/3 of my army dies before I even get near charge range
>About another 1/4 dies in the initial combat.
>Concede
>Guy says something to the effect of "Haha yeah I totally built my army like that on purpose to counter you."
>Resolve never to play this guy again.

This is why I hate people. Like I don't mind losing if I at least feel like I had a chance, but come on.
>>
>>49854190
I usually bring a waac list and a fun list anytime I play.

There are some people who deserve to be crushed, some people who like to play competitive and some who just wanna have fun. Find the players who fit your style, or better yet build some tryhard list and kick that dudes teeth in.

Reminds me of my first game of AOS against a stranger.

>hey man let's play 1500pts, friendly game
>no problem bro, my list is like 1480 that cool?
>yea yea, you'll prolly win SC are busted
>proceeds to throw down 80 crypt ghouls, a king, the courtier and some horrors
>drop my 30 models of SCE
>Get absolutely shrekt by regenerating ghouls that attack five times each
>can't even kill these bastards, 2 saves and they res on a 2+
>lose horribly
>guy laughs and tell me "they're just ghouls bro, they suck. Maybe you should get more paladins"
>buy two boxes of decimators, build and paint in a week.
>rematch
>fucking eat him alive.
>he won't play me anymore
>>
>>49854768
Good job m8.
>>
>>49854768
Ha, I can relate. We had a small AoS campaign a while ago.
My first game there was against a highelves army consisting of piles upon piles of Reavers and three dragons. My footsloggy stormcast never managed to catch even a single unit over the course of that game. So for our second game I brought out the Skyborne Slayers.
Good times.
>>
File: 20160819_150413.jpg (232KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
20160819_150413.jpg
232KB, 1600x900px
I'm trying to strike a balance between hobbying and gaming with my Ironjawz. Now as a hobbyist I love the gore-gruntas. Orky knights riding on pigs with spears is great. But from a gaming perspective I hear they are pretty trash. I haven't had a chance to field them in a game yet.

Is it possible to somewhat redeem them by running a gore-fist? Or would that just be doubling down on a sub par unit and really fucking myself?

Pic is not my model.
>>
>>49854881
Reavers are overrated. Show them how to properly shoot with your prosecuters with javelins.
>>
>>49855266
Gore-gruntas suffer from a fairly poor offense; neither weapon has enough punch to really warrant them. The Gorefist basically allows them to be delivered from the word go, but doesn't do anythig to pump up their mediocre damage potential (in fact, it will probably reduce it, since it reduces the potential for 8+" charges). At minimum you pay over 700pts to tie up your opponent for a turn while he brutalizes your boars
That said, I've seen people use them with the Beastclaw Riders mixed formation, where the ability to pile-in twice and gain +1 to hit helps them out; that said, it will be the Frostlord and the Mournfang packs that are going to do most of the heavy lifting there.
>>
File: ds actual rules.png (142KB, 745x462px) Image search: [Google]
ds actual rules.png
142KB, 745x462px
>>49854190
>>49854768
>>49854881
Since we're doing this, my second ever AOS game was against someone who just cheated like a mad cunt. If I remember correctly his dreadspears were 4+/3+/-1 natively, with +2 to hit for having more than 20 in the unit (he claimed at 10 they got +1), and an extra attack per model for the unit being stationary. Pic related is their actual rules, incidentally.

You're probably thinking "why didn't you challenge him", basically (a) I didn't have the app downloaded at the time so couldn't quickly check and (b) it was kind of close enough to what I recalled (I knew dreadspears can get bonuses to hit, that they get some bonus or other while stationary, and that lots of units get bonus attacks in AOS) that I wasn't entirely sure.

Still won though. Flamers of tzeentch are RIDICULOUS. Three of them murdered so much stuff, the fact the warpflame has no downside against 1 wound models is awesome.
>>
Why does duardin shield wall only apply to melee and not shooting? Like literally the point of big shields IRL is partly to catch arrows. Is it just a balance issue?
>>
I'd like to jump into AoS. I got some minis for chaos (less than 300points or something), but I love Seraphon miniatures.

How do I start them? What would be best combo for 1000pts that most people at my FLGS play.
>>
>>49855471
Yeah that's what I was thinking. I'll probably just run the ones I have in an Ironfist until I get disappointed enough to replace them with another unit.
>>
So, I'm debating getting into AoS as the setting and rules are actually growing on me, but I'm torn between a Khorne army (as I love some of the rules there) using a mix of the Bloodborn and Slaves of Darkness (mainly chariots and warriors, as I have an idea for halberd/shield warriors) or going just full Beastmen as I have always liked Beastmen but am not sure. Probablly will throw some Ungor Raiders in regardless because I like the idea of shooting, and same with Maurader Horsemen.

My basic idea is this sort of Khorne-version of the Roman Republic, where this strange, somewhat ordered society that runs on conquest and bloodsports with a lot of auxiliaries and federated troops attached. So, like, Chaos Warriors (shields/halberds) as the 'legion' with a Bloodsecrator as a 'Signifier' and so on, Ungor Raiders and other Bloodborn folks as 'federated troops.' Wouldn't mind doing up a Gorechosen as a team of gladiators either, which seems sort of like a fun idea. Also, Gorebeast Chariots + Bloodstoker and all.

I might instead do like Chaos Constantine, not sure. Roman-feel though I wanna stick with. Heck, may play up the Gladiator angle even, as 'Bloodsports' seem Khorne-y.

But, on the other hand, as I've said, I really love Beastmen and always have, and they seem like they could be pretty good, even aside from being, well, not updated. Just not sure?

Also tempted to do Chaos Dwarfs, another old love of mine.

I wish Beastigors or Gors could get chaos marks.
>>
>>49855994
>My basic idea is this sort of Khorne-version of the Roman Republic, where this strange, somewhat ordered society that runs on conquest and bloodsports with a lot of auxiliaries and federated troops attached. So, like, Chaos Warriors (shields/halberds) as the 'legion' with a Bloodsecrator as a 'Signifier' and so on, Ungor Raiders and other Bloodborn folks as 'federated troops.' Wouldn't mind doing up a Gorechosen as a team of gladiators either, which seems sort of like a fun idea. Also, Gorebeast Chariots + Bloodstoker and all.

That's fucking cool as hell Anon.
>>
>>49856003
Before I run off to grab breakfast, I actually wrote some short stuff up on it to help brainstorm.

"SPQR – Sanguis Potentiaque Ruinanus (Blood and Power of Ruin), known also as the Brass Empire or the Ruinous Empire, are a Chaos-worshiping empire that traces its lineage back many generations to the foundation by a pair of brothers, one of which who slew the other and eventually ascended to the rank of daemon prince, serving as a minor divinity alongside other daemons in a Khorne-worshiping martial culture, known for their complex rights and strict hierarchy, as well as employment of various beastmen and other barbarians as 'foederati;' federated troops. Rather than wild bloodshed, they practice instead a level of consumate skill and organization, instead relying on other, less 'civilized' tribes and the beasts for their savagry, backed up by the ordered formations of the Brass Legions of Ruin.

Forced ever to expand to fuel their empires' demand for slaves and materials, they are also known for their brutal bloodsports in their arenas, where rites to Khorne are performed. Gladiators are often lowly slaves, who often rise to truly remarkable levels of power and skill, inspiring the rest of the forces when deployed with their show of power and favor, rising to prominence and siring great bloodlines."
>>
>>49855860
It might be balance, but I suspect it may be because the image of a charge bouncing off a shieldwall is more cinematic (for want of a better term) than blocking arrows, so that's the one they included in the game.
>>
>>49856041
Makes sense I suppose. Just seems like blocking shooting would fit better with the general 'dispossessed/duardin turtling and make you come to them' feel.

What motive do I have to charge a shieldwall when I could just destroy it at range, far away from their short legs?
>>
>>49855994
That sounds super cool. Beastmen are pretty cool, they are fast but quite squishy. Ungor Raiders are probably worth a slot purely due to being able to shoot, Gors are O.K by themselves. Bestigors are actually pretty good desu.
>>
>>49856093
The fact that dwarven shooting is absolutly vicious should be plenty of motivation to close in.
>>
So what does /AOSG/ think of my Skaven army list?
>>
File: Vlad1.jpg (88KB, 485x622px) Image search: [Google]
Vlad1.jpg
88KB, 485x622px
New to actually playing Sigmar but enough to know the basics of army construction and the actual game rules.

Is it usually a good idea to have a bodyguard unit for a hero? Currently trying to figure out what one I'd even use for a vampire counts themed army.
>>
>Aelves
>Orruks
>Ogors
I don't care if people play AoS (I was never really into WHFB), but why in the world would you say any of this shit? If JewDubs suddenly decided on Speeace Marenes I'd still call them Space Marines.
>>
>>49856660
Depends on how you define bodyguard unit. Character don't actually join units now.

However, keeping a unit that synergises well with your character close by is always a good idea.

You can only protect your heroes with LOS blocking and it really depends on how much of a dick your opponent is about that. Some heroes stand at a elevation or have a big banner with them which means some opponents might argue that this means you can target them even if you have shielding units.
>>
>>49856709
They already did this for Space Marine.
>>
File: image.jpg (246KB, 1475x1451px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
246KB, 1475x1451px
>>49855905
Grab a Star Collecting: Seraphon box, a box of Skinks and a Saurus Cavalry box.
Assemble 15 saurus knights, the skinks and the saurus warriors regularly; now build the big dino kit as a carnosaurus, put the skink rider from that kit on a seperate base to make a skink priest and use the leftover stuff from the carnosaurus rider to doll up the remaining saurus knight, turning him into an scar veteran on cold one.
Pic related, it's a list made from that.
>>
>>49855905
Buy getting started box
Buy bastiladon

Make skink from carnosaur a separate model

Done.
>>
>>49856709
Literally nobody says Aelves

Orukks is actually a good sounding name especially since Orruk Ironjawz are quite different to their fantasy counterparts

And Ogor would just be pronounced the same anyway. But i will say fuck typing 'Ogor' it's always gonna be Ogre for me.

Shit like Seraphon are nothing like lizardmen, being daemons now, so it's a decent name change. Unlike Astra Millitarum which I've never heard anyone say irl, they will always just be Guard
>>
>>49856837
To be fair, that is akin to Adeptus Astartes to Space Marines.
>>
>>49856660
Bat swarms are best to protect vamps from getting shot off of the table!
>>
>>49856837
I pretty much call Ironjawz Orks 100% of the time. But I like Orks, so maybe that's just me.
>>
>>49827693
Is that official artwork?
>>
>>49855805
>Since we're doing this, my second ever AOS game was against someone who just cheated like a mad cunt. If I remember correctly his dreadspears were 4+/3+/-1 natively, with +2 to hit for having more than 20 in the unit (he claimed at 10 they got +1), and an extra attack per model for the unit being stationary. Pic related is their actual rules, incidentally.You're probably thinking "why didn't you challenge him", basically (a) I didn't have the app downloaded at the time so couldn't quickly check and (b) it was kind of close enough to what I recalled (I knew dreadspears can get bonuses to hit, that they get some bonus or other while stationary, and that lots of units get bonus attacks in AOS) that I wasn't entirely sure.Still won though. Flamers of tzeentch are RIDICULOUS. Three of them murdered so much stuff, the fact the warpflame has no downside against 1 wound models is awesome.

Good rule of thumb is that if it sounds too good to be true then check the warscroll.
>>
>>49857039
Silver Tower Event Handbook, third page IIRC
>>
>>49857240
I see. Thanks. I thought GW got the compass back, seems it's nothing.
>>
>>49857424
???
>>
File: CannonandCrew.jpg (887KB, 3264x1840px) Image search: [Google]
CannonandCrew.jpg
887KB, 3264x1840px
>>49856093
>What motive do I have to charge a shieldwall when I could just destroy it at range, far away from their short legs?

Pictured: Motivation

Oddly enough the Cannon is probably the least scary Dwarf ranged unit, and it is still pretty scary
>>
File: DSCF4397.jpg (250KB, 747x1024px) Image search: [Google]
DSCF4397.jpg
250KB, 747x1024px
>>49844016
I'm close to finish my new Herald.

I need a couple of highlights, make and paint the reins, and of course the base.

I was thinking to call her "Madame Hebess the Opulent".

Do you ever make custom rules for your Leader for Narrative games? I feel like it would be fun.
>>
Alright /aosg/. I have questions. Questions about Gitmob Grots.

GW, bless their kind souls, send me an extra 20 goblins with my latest order, which means I need to rejig my force a little. Should I:

Run two blocks of 20 Wolf Rider or 4 blocks of 10?

Arm them with bows (to fit the Mongol/Steppe theme the army has) or are their other weapons better? Their warscroll wording is slightly confusing: 'Some units are armed with Slittas and Wolf Bows, while others carry Pokin’ Spears. Some units of Grot Wolf Riders also carry Raidin’ Shields into battle'

I'm going to give them shields because I like the wickerwork ones, does this mean if I give them bows they still have Slittas? Or do I have to model them on somehow?

Thanks in advance for answering my idiotic questions.
>>
>>49860417
Shields are a free upgrade, basically always take them. The option not to take them is pretty much a legacy thing for people that built models like that before AOS.

I'd go with bows myself, the spear isn't that much better than the slitta, but you get frikkin bows. I'm also not sure the 2nd rank can still reach with spears, is the base of a wolf rider longer than 2"?

And I'd take units of 20, just so you keep the 4+ save for longer. Wolf riders actually seem pretty tough with that.
>>
Is it at all viable to try to make a War of Vengeance-era duardin army? (No gunpowder, use grudge/bolt throwers, quarrelers, maybe an Anvil of Doom) Obviously you'd have to play counts-as at this point, but still.
>>
File: image.jpg (620KB, 2048x1119px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
620KB, 2048x1119px
>>49844707
Got some more done, five more to go!
>>
>>49860417
>'Some units are armed with Slittas and Wolf Bows, while others carry Pokin’ Spears. Some units of Grot Wolf Riders also carry Raidin’ Shields into battle'
That means each unit may either carry either poking spears or slittas and bows. Either way they may carry shields.
Model-wise, if they have spears they have, obviously enough, poking spears, and if they carry bows and/or knifes the unit is equipped with slittas and wolf bows. Not much to it.
>>
>>49861076
Sure. Ironbreakers are highly unpleasent to face and a bitch to get rid off, Hammererspack a punch and Longbeards are really fancy. You're missing the single most evil warmachine in the flamecannon, but grudge thrower and bolt thrower are still plenty good.
Irondrakes and Flamecannon are probably the biggest losses.
>>
>>49861088
Man, those are really good. Blood usually looks super-shitty.
What have got planned next? I'd be curious, to see some heroes done by you.
>>
File: IMG_1759.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1759.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
working on base coating leadbelcher (silver) on 20 phoenix guard today.

bonus extra stuff in the background for flavor.
>>
>>49861704
I am erect with anticipation to seem them finished
>>
>>49855266
This makes me get the sad feels. I'm definitely getting some when I start Ironjawz, and I will love painting them, but all I hear is bad things.
>>
File: IMG_1760.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1760.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
super ancient dark elf beast master on manticore Ive had for years that I am considering stripping and repainting.

The rules for this now seem pretty garbage. Any opinions about if it is worth the effort?
>>
>>49854190
Some people need to never breed. I feel like the biggest problem with ALL of GW'S game can be summed up in "Hate the player, not the game". If both players are cool, you have fun playing GW games. If one is a douche, nothing saves you. But maybe this is also just a fact of life
>>
>>49861401
I'll probably do the slaughter preist soon
>>
Is pure soulblight any good? Or is it to low model count to be effective? Im looking at 1000 point games
>>
File: beastmaster opinion.png (500KB, 1150x912px) Image search: [Google]
beastmaster opinion.png
500KB, 1150x912px
>>49861934
warscroll for reference
>>
File: 20160922_182426.jpg (3MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20160922_182426.jpg
3MB, 4128x2322px
>>49854190
>be new to aos
>asked for a play against someone just to start and have fun
>army is the models I just have: 10 tree revenant, 3 kurnoth hunters, branchwitch and Orion
>gw store manager book the table, I apparently can play only once in a week
>explain to him my gaming situation
>the fatal day: opponent looks a cool guy and says no problem when I ask if I can consider orion a Sylvaneth
>another other guy joins
>I propose 3vs3 battle plan in the general handbook (looks perfect for small armies) or other battleplan: he refuses them all and do only pitched battles
>he says he will go against us
>so it's me with sylvaneth and a small khorne warband versus the guy army
> beastclaw raiders
>two frost lord I think, and one large pack
>first turn, he charges from the other side of the table (40" I think) and kills orion, the branchwitch and a two units of demons
>game is over, they halves the damage and can reach and charge everywhere, has no sense to continue
>half the game, the gw staff told us to finish quick and pack our stuff since they needed the table for 40k.
>never entered the gw store again if not for buying the white dwarf

I really lost all my enthusiasm for Aos.
I don't think there are other gaming club here, so...yeah.

Photo related: end of turn 1.
>>
>>49862247
Not sure I agree about the points complaint. A lot of Leaders are around 100 points, so you're basically getting a monster for 40 points. Or to put it another way, you can have two manticore riders for the price of a phoenix, or with change to spare compared to a dragon.

The fly thing's weird though.
>>
>>49862356
Jesus. The reason he'd only play pitched is probably because a 5 model army would lose whichever objective-based scenario he came up against. Seems to me he's a waacmaster.
>>
>>49862247
>140pts
He's not terribly impressive until you consider that. 140 for a Monster is a steal, assuming you haven't maxed out on Behemoths yet.
Also, all attacks are 2", so you can stand comfortably behind some line troopers and beat up scrubs.
>>
>>49862476
>Not sure I agree about the points complaint. A lot of Leaders are around 100 points, so you're basically getting a monster for 40 points. Or to put it another way, you can have two manticore riders for the price of a phoenix, or with change to spare compared to a dragon.The fly thing's weird though.

screen grab from my mostly finished spreadsheet showing comparison with castelant for power level reference and maths
>>
>>49862881
>this fucking spreadsheet
>the fucking annotations on the warscroll
Do you actually play the game, out of interest? Because there's stuff your mathammer won't be covering (to give two quick examples, beastmaster is much faster than the lord-celestant, and doesn't die as fast to mortal wounds) so I'm kind of wondering.
>>
>>49863123
>Do you actually play the game, out of interest? Because there's stuff your mathammer won't be covering (to give two quick examples, beastmaster is much faster than the lord-celestant, and doesn't die as fast to mortal wounds) so I'm kind of wondering.

yes I play the game.

yeah the spreadsheet isn't perfect but its better than hur dur making shit up cause feelz.

I don't get the hate for being into playing the game, enjoying the painting/modeling AND applying some critical thinking skills i.e. maths to the game.
>>
>>49848179
>Hi AoSG.
>Nooby here. I want a chaos chariot list, any suggestions? I am looking at 2k points.
>So far I think I like the Gorebeast Chariot with Mark of Khorne, Bloab Rotspawned, Lord on Daemonic Mount, Bloodstoker and some Exalted Flamer on Burning Chariots.
>What should I do for battleline and what else do you suggest? I want fast and hard hitting.

Reposting from earlier. Should I got full Slaves to Darkness and just go for battleline Knights and stuff? It feels a bit sad especially because I like the Bloab model and Burning chariot, but I really have no idea what to take as battleline. I think the first thing I'll buy is the Start Collecting box which has Warriors and Knights.
>>
>>49863325
Because it's dull, frankly. If you want to build an army out of the choices your spreadsheet tells you are objectively the best ones then go right ahead, but it just seems such a dry way of going about things in a hobby that has a large focus on imagination.
>>
File: goblinsassemble.jpg (4MB, 2912x1638px) Image search: [Google]
goblinsassemble.jpg
4MB, 2912x1638px
>>49861132
>>49860620
Alright, cheers. I spent the entire evening getting 40 of them assembled, just waiting on my wargs to arrive now.
>>
>>49863368
>Because it's dull, frankly. If you want to build an army out of the choices your spreadsheet tells you are objectively the best ones then go right ahead, but it just seems such a dry way of going about things in a hobby that has a large focus on imagination.

If I did that it would be boring. I don't. But I still enjoy the analysis, I like to know what I'm up against and what the real costs/benefits for my choices are. IMHO nothing wrong with that.
>>
>>49863325
Because Even the smallest amount of critical thinking would point out to you that your mathammer is flawed when it comes to actual games. Due to the fact that every warscroll has unique abilities that your math cannot take into consideration, and the fact that dice rolls are random, and even if you have a 90% chance of getting that 2+ you will not be able to roll anything but Ines because of soda law! Your welcome to work that shit out, but when it really means nothing in actual terms, and all you can say is this is more likey to do this than that is more likely to do that it just doesn't work. The best example to explain this is like my friend playing poker. My friend is a wiz when it comes to numbers, think rainman smart, and when we play poker he can tell you what the likelyhoods are, and can make the best judgement as to what cards will be turned next, and will be right 99% of the damn time, I kid you not. But yet, he still looses every time, because he doesn't know how to hide a tell, or tell when another's bluffing, or take the chance! It's the same with mathammer!
>>
>>49862356
First, never play that guy again. What about the Khorne guy, maybe try a game with him.
Second, what do you mean when you say your store only allows you to play a game once a week? How crowded is your store?
>>
>>49863508
“Because Even the smallest amount of critical thinking would point out to you that your mathammer is flawed when it comes to actual games.”

I said it isn’t perfect. You deciding that the absence of perfection is justification for complete dismissal is a really more of a commentary on your own closed mindedness than anything else.

“Due to the fact that every warscroll has unique abilities that your math cannot take into consideration,”

Lots of abilities on warscrolls (celestant hammer throw for example) can be easily taken into consideration with my math. Others are not so easy to quantify, I said it isn’t perfect.

“and the fact that dice rolls are random, and even if you have a 90% chance of getting that 2+ you will not be able to roll anything but Ines because of soda law!”

Its probability distributions and expected values for functions. Every expected value has a standard deviation to go with the mean but I don’t go down that rabbit hole cause the % of people besides me who would know what it meant and care are way too few to justify the effort.

“Your welcome to work that shit out, but when it really means nothing in actual terms, and all you can say is this is more likey to do this than that is more likely to do that it just doesn't work.”

I refer you to my first and third response.

“The best example to explain this is like my friend playing poker. My friend is a wiz when it comes to numbers, think rainman smart, and when we play poker he can tell you what the likelyhoods are, and can make the best judgement as to what cards will be turned next, and will be right 99% of the damn time, I kid you not. But yet, he still looses every time, because he doesn't know how to hide a tell, or tell when another's bluffing, or take the chance! It's the same with mathammer!”

Apples and Oranges.
>>
Giusto I have a question. In the hint and tips section it says that for random damage values you generate a value for each weapon that inflict damage. Does this means that if a single weapon does mora than one wound I roll once and apply the same result to each unsaved wound?
>>
>>49862356
sorry you had a bad experience. The game is in the process of being balanced properly. The unit (pictured below) is the target of much scrutiny (read hatred) from the community. I wouldn't be surprised to see its points cost increased in future editions of the generals handbook.

I hope your next game is better.
>>
>>49863508
>theres no point doing any math because its all random dice rolls!! XD

Fuck off moron
>>
File: wqst-box-contents-en.png (71KB, 404x387px) Image search: [Google]
wqst-box-contents-en.png
71KB, 404x387px
>>49827693
are there any scans for silver tower out there?
>>
>>49864208
Why on earth would you want scans without any of the models, cards, boards or tokens?

What would you even DO with them? With the amount of work it would take to make a functioning version with scans, it would be easier just to fucking buy it.

Do people normally scan stuff for these boxed games?
>>
>>49864324
usually board game companies release the game rules as a pdf online for free.

this way you can take a look at the rules, learn the game, see if you like it, etc. before you buy it
>>
File: IMAG1016.jpg (286KB, 1344x524px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG1016.jpg
286KB, 1344x524px
>>49864324
There are a lot of scans out for old out of print games for people wanting to reconnect with their old favorites.

But really he should do what I did. I bought all the non-miniatures components from a bits site for about $25, used my own heroes, and made all the denizens in cardstock standees.
>>
>>49864365
that's pretty awesome!

tell me my friend, you wouldn't be able to provide me with any scans of the book?
>>
>>49864410
No. But I can provide the PDF of the standees I made.
>>
>>49864467
sounds good too!
>>
>>49828542
>shit on the aelve lore
This ranges on which aelves.

High elves/now Highborn got their shit kicked in by Archaon and Tzeentch.

Wood elves/now Wanderers I think now are in Realm Of Life with Alarielle after Sigmar/people at Azyr helped beat the Nurgle shit.

Dark Elves/now Exiles are kicking ass. They have Slaanesh, and a lot of Chaos even including Archaon himself have failed to defeat them at their home place Ulgu.

>Butchered factions into unplayable garbage
>Rules for aelves are inferior
Nah, their rules are still pretty consistent so despite having older models they still do well. The real main problem with them is that it's all still old models stuff rather than brand new stuff. Basically the real problem with AoS in that everyone expects it to be this full complete thing that been going on for years rather than something that's brand new.

AoS will truly be worth playing in a couple years when every army type has new support.
>>
>>49864927
The aelves are not even complete yet. If the current lore and model range for aelves is it and all we are going to ever get, then yes, GW likes to shit on them.

But that's not true. Everything now is just a placeholder until the store gets to them and they get fleshed out, which I imagine is going to be pretty epic, because even an idiot knows that GW has a special boner for elf races.

I really think it's going to be a 'save the best for last' thing. The elf races may be among the last updated to finalize the whole AoS range. Things are going to get so bad with Archaon that even the SCE and their allies are not enough, then lo and behold, the aelves get their shit together, all gets revealed, and it's the push needed to get Archaon to shake in his boots.

This is my prediction.
>>
>>49865363
>because even an idiot knows that GW has a special boner for elf races.
They really do. They're probably going to make some asspull where the aelves save sigmar from being kidnapped by Nagash.
>>
>Ghal Maraz is some god-tier divine artifact hammer
>made by dwarves
>who are now the dispossessed

So... how are the dwarves not wrecking everyone and everything with their superior crafting?

Or why didn't Sigmar hoover them up and make them sigmarine armorers?
>>
>>49865520
Ghal Maraz was just a finely crafted hammer with some magical rune properties when it was gifted to sigmar.

What made it the super powerful godly artefact it is today is surviving the end times and being wielded by a literal god for so long.

Even dwarves will tell you these fucking things take time. A hammer that has been passed through generations with magical runes is so much better than a hammer that was just freshly made with the same runes on it.

History, my friend, is what makes legendary weapons.
>>
File: f2db59V.jpg (61KB, 599x1000px) Image search: [Google]
f2db59V.jpg
61KB, 599x1000px
So /tg/ I loved my dark elves once but drifted away from Fantasy about a year before End Times was a thing, but with Uni wrapping up soon I want to get back into my wargaming.

What are the Dark Elves (I am not calling them Aelves) like in terms of fluff and rules?
>>
>>49865703
It's still pronounced elves, even though it's spelled aelves. So no fret their. It's only weird if you make it weird.

But right now we know very little about the elf races. The story hasn't gotten to them yet. See >>49865363

GW hasn't abandoned them, they just haven't had their turn yet.
>>
>>49864467
I have the game so i wont be using this. But this is awesome and you are an hero posting it. Well done anon.
>>
>>49865751
Well.. that's a little disappointing.

How about Vampire counts? I've mostly re purposed them for Kings of War since but they were my side hoe throughout my Fantasy days.
>>
Hey, Azgorh player here. I've got almost a full Blackshard host going on, but only one ironsworn group (10)

should I split them up into 2 x5 man groups for the bonuses, or keep a rock solid 10 man unit.

List as follows

Standard Bearer
Daemonsmith
Castellan

1 X10 man fireglaives
1 X10 man Fireglaives

1 X10 man Ironsworn

1 deathshrieker.
>>
Hey, Skaven player here. Was wanting to do a heavy armored Skaven list focused on Stormvermin and island of blood set. Mostly Stormvermin

List as follows
Skaven warlord/chieftain

20 Stormvermin +banner, drummer

20 clan rats
2 rat ogres
Mortar team

Can I make a fluffy list focused on a Stormvermin regiment and support? Any fluff armies like that? (Queek?) And how does my current list rank?
>>
>>49865822
Just because the story and update hasn't gotten to them yet, that doesnt mean they are unplayable. Sill compendium elfs are good enough on the tabletop to stand with the best of them.

Vampire counts have been split up into several different mini factions, just as most everything else has. The flesh-eater courts got an updated battletome and lore, which is pretty cool. But that's it so far.

Really with all the different factions in all the grand alliances, GW has a long way to go in getting everything updated. Just give it time. GW has committed to getting it done, and its going to take a couple years to do it.
>>
>>49865583
Well why don't they mass produce weapons then and just fucking bury them somewhere for a few millenia so that their descendants have finely aged artifacts?
>>
>>49865868
Well what fluff do they actually have currently?
I don't want to get into an army without knowing the fluff for it.

As for Vampires 'flesh-eater courts' means nothing to me, but I always liked the Lhamians (I just know I spelled that wrong) who lived among the humans and actively opposed the Von Casteins take over the world supervillany.
>>
File: image.jpg (52KB, 465x234px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
52KB, 465x234px
>>49865937
It took Alric the Mad 50 years to make the rune fangs. Making rune weapons takes a fucking long time and often requires all kind of weird ingredients and rituals. You can't just mass produce that kind of shit.
Also, Ghal Maraz itself didn't start off as a super hammer, it was a pretty standard runic weapon by golden age dwarf standards. Something you gift to a respected ally but not the greatest artifact in their arsenal. The axes of Grimnir And other ancient dwarf heirlooms were far more powerful than ghal Maraz. It was only after thousands of years of being a gods weapon and having so many beings believe in its potency that it became a mythical weapon.
>>
>>49865947
Malekith, Tyrion Teclis and Alarielle are the only named Aelves who survived the destruction of the universe/planet. Now thousands of years later the universe is broken up into material realms corresponding to the old winds of magic and, generally speaking, there is an incarnate of said magic that rules each realm. Malekieth now known as Malarion is incarnate of shadow ruling over shadow realm (forgot to mention Morathi survived too), Terion is incarnate of light rules realm of light with Teclis as co-leader, Alarielle is Incarnate of life rules realm of life. These Aelves teamed up with Sigmar (incarnate of Heaven) to form super-friends alliance for a while before a falling out. Malarion, Tyrion and Teclis teamed up to "capture Slaanesh while he was hiding in a cave" (shit you not no further details provided). Alarielle no longer seems to recall that she ever was an elf, has no elf followers, appears to have become half plant, and now grows half elf tree people that she rules over. There are a couple mentions of elves living in the realm of heaven ruled by sigmar, no further details provided. No details of any elves living with Tyrion and Teclis in the realm of light. No details of elves living with Malekieth and Morathi in the realm of shadow (although two new elf miniatures were released with an aesthetic strongly suggesting they are realm of shadow elves with no additional details provided).

Its very bare bones vague hand waving, handful of sentences spread over half a dozen books, even referencing the existence of elves.

That's the lore for elves in age of sigmar as it stands at this time.

If I left anything out I would gladly like to hear about it cause I am a fiend for elf lore.
>>
>>49866284
They have models in the new aesthetics? Where can I find these?
>>
File: shadow aelves.png (289KB, 715x429px) Image search: [Google]
shadow aelves.png
289KB, 715x429px
>>49866364
Rules are on the GW web site for these models
>>
>>49856015
>"SPQR – Sanguis Potentiaque Ruinanus (Blood and Power of Ruin)

If you'd like that to be grammatically correct Latin, try "Sanguis Potentiaque Ruinae". Not actually sure if 'ruina' is the right word, since it usually denotes the collapse of a building.

If you don't care, then fucking cool backstory is all I have to say.
>>
>>49866443
Ok that's cool, the wizard is sexy. Dunno about the armour and weapons on the gladiator looking dude but I could see a line of them.
>>
>>49841181
>Lord of Change with dice
holy shit, that art just went from 10/10 to 11/10
>>
>>49865363
Then unfortunately the question becomes: what do people do that are waiting on their faction of choice to get the love? SCE, KB, Sylvaneth, Seraphon you gucci at the moment in terms of AoS love. I enjoyed the Dark Elves back then and have been a Tzeentch guy throughout Warhammer can only really wait at this point?

>>49865703
No legit true new stuff, but at least the Dark Elves/Aelves/Exiles/whatever you call them are looking badass in terms of being the only guys that beat Archaon and continue to beat Chaos in general since they have Slaanesh kidnapped.
>>
>>49866744
That certainly makes them sound cooler than expected given they are now 'Order'.
>>
>>49866066
You definitely said it better than I here >>49865583

These manlets have little understanding in the ways of dwarf craftsmanship, for sure.
>>
>>49866568
Yeah, was treating Ruin as a noun. Thinking Skullreapers as Gladiators, might do a Gorechosen as a Gladiator band, and a Skulltake as a gladiator team with a beast used to fight in the arena.
>>
>>49866744
>what do people do that are waiting on their faction of choice to get the love?
Keep playing your faction of choice. Like I said, just because they haven't gotten an update does not mean they are unplayable. People still collect and paint elves. Fuck, I'm a dwarf player and even though they havent gotten an update and we know very very little about them, I am still playing them and am able to forge the narrative just fine with them. People even continue to play bretonians and tomb kings even though they pretty much got squatted completely. Why? Because they are all still playable and competitive in their own rights.

So keep being an elf-fag, nothing is holding you back. It's just going to take some patience until the story gets to your dudes.
>>
>>49866066

This.

Remember in fantasy Ghal Maraz was a slightly better Runefang and while arguably the best weapon (that I can think of) in the game in a vacuum, it wasn't by a landslide.

After being worshipped for thousands of years and then literally being wielded by its patron God for another few millennia, it truly became a god tier weaponZ

Compare Empire PDF AoS Karl Franz's Ghal Maraz to the celestant Primes Ghal Maraz and you'll see what I'm talking about.
>>
>>49865947
>As for Vampires 'flesh-eater courts' means nothing to me
Dude, just peruse the webstore and see how things got split up. This will give you an idea on what factions are what and what they contain.

Flesh eater courts are the ghouls and strigoi. You would quickly figure that out if you even just lurked GW's website. Even the flavor texts for each unit help give you an inkling of their places in the story.
>>
File: justbrowsethese.jpg (127KB, 650x678px) Image search: [Google]
justbrowsethese.jpg
127KB, 650x678px
>>49866997
pic related
>>
>>49866789
They have fucked off into their own thing at this point though. Like I said before: Humans/Sigmar/Stormcast Eternals/Duardin Dwarves (dwarves that aren't crazy Slayers)/Lizardmen are all in Azyr The Realm Of Heaven the only other place able to ward off Chaos.

High Elves/Highborne are now at Hysh The Realm Of Light but Archaon took care of them so I think they are also in Azyr and it's a Tzeentch spot.

Wood Elves/Wanderers now and the now Sylvaneth (the tree guys) were initially getting BTFOd off of their Realm Of Life, Ghyran by Nurgle's peeps until they got help from Sigmar.

And Darkies of course have Slaanesh kidnapped which was an effort by all three Aelves by the Darkies have him so who knows how that will end. But the cool thing is that they continue to have a kind of Worf Effect going on where unlike Azyr who have A LOT of manpower so they could stop Chaos or crazy powerful Nagash who got stopped by Chaos, they managed to hold back Archaon and continue to hold back other Chaos since they continually attack their home place Ulgu The Shadow Realm because they have Slaanesh kidnapped. Malekith combining with his Dragon and turning into Malerion who is a force compared to Archaon and Nagash apparently is pretty legit, too.

Sorry if that isn't coherent. I am not only drunk post third US presidential debate, but honestly excited for what they have in store for Dark Elves/Aelves/Exiles.

>>49866878
I work with mainly Scourge Privateers/some Darkling Covens combo right now and it's going fine. But at the same time I want something that's more...AoS-like. The current "big units of melee with ranged/Sorc support" thing I have always been doing. Not to mention I have always enjoyed GW because their products give the kind of fluff to get into that other miniature/wargaming products don't.

It's also what I think will eventually get more people into AoS despite the initial hate.
>>
>>49867247
Close but a little off. Originally the only aelves in the setting were located in Azyr, due to the Old World being right there. So Malerion, Teclis, and Tyrion capture Slaanesh, who is now fat as fuck thanks to consuming so many aelf souls during the End Times. After this, aelves start showing up in other realms. The theory is that the aelf gods somehow extracted the aelf souls from Slaanesh after capturing them. While the elf factions have been split up, there are still sort of High, Dark, and Wood divisions of aelves. High elves now live primarily in Azyr and Hysh, most likely following Tyrion and Teclis. Wanderers originally lived in Ghyran with Alarielle, before shit started popping off and Alarielle went incognito, and the Wanderers then left Ghyran for Azyr. The Wanderers felt remorseful for this, and now are trying to recapture Ghyran and connect the leylines that connect the realms, marking them with waystones. I don't know what that last bit means, but I imagine it will be expanded upon. Dark elves got split up. There's evil sorceresses that control most of the dark aelf troops. They appear really anywhere. Scourge Privateers are rad as fuck and hunt giant monsters for money. The Daughters of Khaine are crazy bitches that love that dead blood god D. Order Serpentis are basically the royalty of the Dark aelves, and have mutant dragon beasts. Most Dark aelves are located either in Azyr or Ulgu, but can exist theoretically anywhere. It's worth noting that Ulgu and Hysh both have only short story set in them, and any scouts sent there return unable to speak or don't return at all. They are also dichotomically inversed, as per mentioned in Allgates.
>>
>>49868284
Okay yeah I get all that, but what are the Wanderers retaking Ghyran from? Didn't Alarielle/Sylvaneth and Sigmar sending help defeat Nurgle's people there already?
>>
Where did everyone from warseer migrate? I'm lookingant for some AoS Project logs and dakkadakka has mostly 40k stuff
>>
>>49863664
Thursday they stay open for more time and it's when the adult gathers, the other days are focused on kids, I think. Sunday is the aos day but my army is not good enough. I will expand it with a starter set later on, but first I promised myself to finish painting at least one unit before buying new ones
>>
>>49868358
The Stormcast are Azyr's frontline troops - they're the ones who go into the really dangerous situations, uncharted territories etc.

In this situation, the Wanderers (and most other Azyr-originating armies) are more like auxiliaries, rearguard troops and garrisons, and that other anon did say that these leylines were in other realms too. Maybe the Wanderers just didn't have enough people in Ghyran to make a real difference. In addition, the liberation of Ghyran was an early part of the overall campaign, so the Stormcast got the glory there. Also the Sylvaneth hate the Wanderers for abandoning them, though they don't know that that's the reason (it's one of those "history fades to legend, legend fades to myth, myths change over time" deals) so there is that to consider.
>>
File: good enough for me.jpg (104KB, 695x960px) Image search: [Google]
good enough for me.jpg
104KB, 695x960px
>>49858802
Slaanesh needs more love
>>
>>49868736
The pits of hell, hopefully.
>>
I'm looking into getting into AoS. I really like the look of chaos. Especially the chariots. What kind of things would you recommend for a chariot/cavalry heavy army? I am thinking of getting the Start Collecting box. Someone suggested going full Slaves to Darkness for battleline Knights, but I like the look of Bloab Rotspawned, Bloodstokers and Burning Chariots as well. Anyone have experience with Chaos and can give me a few pointers?
>>
File: ExaltedSeekerChariot1.jpg (128KB, 873x627px) Image search: [Google]
ExaltedSeekerChariot1.jpg
128KB, 873x627px
>>49870168
>chariot/cavalry heavy army
You should really consider Slaanesh.

They have the best chariots and the fastest cavalry, which is hard hitting too.

Even if you don't like Seekers and Hellstriders, you could always have the Lord of Slaanesh on Daemonic Mount following a big unit of Chaos Knights and buffing them with his glorious Command Ability.

Or you can have them all.
>>
>>49866284
Tyrion and Teclis actually leave the superfriends to look for aelves in other realms than Azyr. They can't find any, but stumble upon Slaanesh in a cave, digesting aelf souls from the end times.
Afaik they whale on him like an oversized pinata, trying to get the souls back.
>>
File: 325px-Slayers.jpg (40KB, 325x301px) Image search: [Google]
325px-Slayers.jpg
40KB, 325x301px
Grumpy 40k player who hasn't been able to play Warhammer Fantasy Battle before it was to late.

>bought some dwarven miniatures just before AOS showed it's face
>has a box of avatars of war berserkers lyin' around
>has some spare bits and a warhammer dwarfen hero to fully convert a plastic slayer-king like model
>about to receive seven unpainted, dorky and adorable old-styled dwarf slayers, like those in pic related

Are Fyreslayers my only viable option to field all of that into a coherent Slayer-army in AOS ?
How do they fare, rulewise and in game ?
Am I bad enough of a dude to scratch-build a Magmadroth, and is it even worth doing so ?
>>
>>49870251
Trollslayers are still in the compendium, have both points and rules if you don't want to go the fyreslayer route.
Slayers buffed by the slayer king are pretty good, but they are just 2 units.
Ungrim is 100 pts, and it's 60 pts per 5 slayers.
>>
>>49870239
Hmmmmm. I must admit, I was so turned off by how the Daemonettes look that I completely ignored Slaanesh. Gotta say, I do like the look of the chariots. I will probably go for something Chaos Undivided though, there's something from every god that I would like to fit in. But I will have a closer look at the chariots. I really like how the Slaanesh mount thingies (dunno the name) are called too.

That still doesn't solve my problem of Battlelines though. I can't really find anything that would work unless I go full slaves to Darkness. Gors look pretty fast but seem trash in terms of stats, Daemonettes look good in terms of stats but you need huge blobs and I'm not so keen on the model. Pink Horrors seem quite useful only for the spellcasting stuff. I dunno. Maybe just Vanilla Chaos Warriors.
>>
>>49870378
There is no escape from those Battlelines.
I discourage going full Slaves of Darkess because, sooner of after, you'll find a model you like of another faction.
Better start with the mentality that Allegiance unlocks are a nice bonus for those games you'll play as full Allegiance, not a way to buy your army in general.

>Chaos Warriors
Chaos Warriors are really nice. You can mark them differently, so you can play with different leaders from different Gods every game, and they work well even in small number. They are fantastic to hold objectives also.
If you like those, you can start with 2 start collecting SoD and have a really nice army right from the start.

>Daemonettes
Yes, that's the problem. You need 20 a unit minimum.
Amazing unit, maybe one of the best infantry in the game, but you need a lot of them, which is very hard if you don't like them

>Marauders and Gors
Only work in great numbers and with support.

>Pink Horrors
They are, if I remember correctly, the only ranged vanilla battlelines Chaos have.
They are not the best to be your standard battleline, but one unit of them is actually pretty nice to have.

>Slaanesh mount thingies (dunno the name)
They have no name. Which is sad.
Once in a tournament, back in Fantasy, I hear people call "Arcion" the horse and "Biscia" the snake-like. I think is a slang name.
Maybe some Slaaneshi player here will know better.
>>
>>49870579
The Slaanesh mounts are called Steeds, and this holds true whether they have legs or not AFAIK.
>>
>>49870579
>They have no name. Which is sad.
>Once in a tournament, back in Fantasy, I hear people call "Arcion" the horse and "Biscia" the snake-like. I think is a slang name.
>Maybe some Slaaneshi player here will know better.

Thank you for the advice. I think I will go 2 units of Chaos Warriors and 1 unit of Horrors. I do like how they look too. Daemonettes are just too pricy (360pts I think) and I don't like the model at all.
>>
File: Storm Of Chaos.jpg (2MB, 3103x4128px) Image search: [Google]
Storm Of Chaos.jpg
2MB, 3103x4128px
>>49870696
Slaaneshi player here.

Steeds of Slaanesh are the one with legs, while Daemonic Mounts are the snake ones.

But once upon a time, the name were reversed. The old codices use to call mount the horses and steed the snake.

So, it's normal to be confused. In general old players use to call them one way and new players know them by the opposite.
>>
>>49864324
>Do people normally scan stuff for these boxed games?
We have had scans of boxed games for both 40k and fantasy up until now.
>>
>>49870579
Technically, if you're Beastherd, Ungor Raiders are battleline, which is the only other ranged foot unit, I believe. Tzeentch's marauder equivalent have ranged stuff too.

I wish Beastmen could be aligned so much, though... we got Tzaangors but they're not great, if I remember. I want my Khorngors and Taurox back!
>>
>>49870715
If you want an interesting combo and like chariots, Gorebeast Chariots are good, dedicate to Khorne and get a Bloodstoker.
>>
>>49871165
Yeah, I heard that one. Same one with Bloab's unique spell and Gorebeast chariots. Bloodstokers are like 3 dollars on eBay as well which helps.
>>
>>49870377
Thank you. I guess this would be a better option for what I want to field, then (and I'll make sure to paint "Games Workshop", on the open Book of Grudges that I'll give to my Ungrim miniature).
>>
>>49870789
Fuck the diazmonettes, those bloodletters are where it's at.
>>
>>49864339
Not GW'S style.
Warscrolls are going to be the max extent of anything free from them
>>
File: Khorne_Bloodletter_Daemon_Pack.gif (39KB, 447x202px) Image search: [Google]
Khorne_Bloodletter_Daemon_Pack.gif
39KB, 447x202px
>>49871414
The Axe Bloodletters.
You have fine taste, Sir.

Those are probably the only Khorne models that i genuinely like.

Probably because they remind me of the Krampus and the great amount of beating with wooden whips I took from them when I was a child.

Such fun traditions we have
>>
>>49871159
That's what i meant with "Standard Battlelines"; the non-Allegiance ones. But yes, there are a few. Even marauder horsemen with Javelins. But only to alliegiance armies.

>we got Tzaangors but they're not great, if I remember.
Problem of the Tzaangors and Acolytes is that we have their rules, but sadly they are not usable in pitched battles since they have no point cost.
>>
>>49865937
Because Dwarfs value deeds and accomplishments as much as craftsmanship when judging a weapon, and "being buried doing fuck all" is hardly an inspiring tale.

Now, locking them in an elaborate vault that will open when your ancestors know the time is right, THAT is a tale. Although the vault needs to be every bit as impressive and covered in runes as the weapons.
>>
>>49871767
Hope that changes.
>>
>>49868736
tga.comuunity is a pretty active AoS forum, so it may be worth looking there.
>>
Need to find blank roman-esque shields now, and get a bunch of Khorne symbols or cast my own for them.
>>
File: image.jpg (30KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30KB, 400x400px
>>49871869
Anvil industries, Maxmini and Scibor all have tower shields. I'm sure there are more out there.
>>
File: slaangor_by_sirhanselot-da2lgd5.jpg (92KB, 868x920px) Image search: [Google]
slaangor_by_sirhanselot-da2lgd5.jpg
92KB, 868x920px
>>49871836
Agreed.

I'm also hoping to see the Bestigors of the other Gods.

It would be the perfect occasion to integrate all our cult armies with some juicy beastmen.
>>
Slow day at work, so I sketched out an army idea for my chariot list.

Leaders:
Lord on Daemonic Mount (General) - 140
Bloab Rotspawned - 260
Bloodstoker - 80
Ogroid Thaumaturge - 160

Battlelines:
Warriors - 180
Warriors - 180
Pink Horrors - 140

Units:
2x Gorebeast Chariot - 200
Knights - 200
Burning Chariot - 160
Plague Drones - 220
Seeker Chariot - 80

Thoughts?
>>
>>49872037
Problem is most of them have, like that does, bosses. I just get some like those and use half-skulls as bosses.
>>
>>49872189
>All 4 Gods represented
>>
Sticking together Spirit Hosts is the worst thing on the entire planet.
>>
>>49872690
They that fiddly?
>>
>>49872690
Someone clearly never had to build any warhammer model with a two-handed weapon, before they started putting guide nubs/slots on the connection points. Let alone a big unit of 20 or more of the fucking things.
>>
Has GW said when they are adding new units to the "made to order" list? They are all sold out. How the fuck is it "made to order" if its sold out anyway ... they should have called it something else.
>>
>>49872839
They have no real connection points, so you have to stick incredibly brittle and top-heavy spirits together and hope that gravity'll allow them to stay there.
>>
File: image.jpg (65KB, 717x646px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
65KB, 717x646px
>>49872968
>>
>>49872969
They said models would be available for 48, and make an exception for a handful of models that would end yesterday.

And they kept their word.

They are not really sold out, the orders are closed.
>>
>>49834409

The problem with this hobby as a whole is that its full of fanboyz. And I'm not talking about the 12 year olds with braces trying to convince his friends that "yes, indeed the PS is far superior to the Xbox". I'm talking about grown men not being able to see reason behind arguments. About fucking kidults who neglects all sense of logic. A bunch of real man-children that sets the heels down and will deny that the world is round because they have decided otherwise!

And when you shrug your shoulders and say "hey man, its just a hobby, get over it", they look at you like you're the crazy one!
>>
>>49876118
No, what's worse is they are the ones sperging out, and if you rebuttal anything, they reply "hey man, its just a hobby, get over it"
>>
>>49876258

I can get behind this. The problem is, I seldom "sperge out".
My opinion is that, its a hobby, am I wrong in this statement somehow?

And I get it, if your a kid, and your favorite team loose, you have a right to go "over the top" with emotions. The same when mindlessly defending things that wanders way beyond reason. Lets say for instance you try to defend "blue is better than yellow" to a friend. As far as kids goes, they don't know any better and it can be counted as an acceptable behavior. But when you see grown men totally flip it, because you messed up a rule, points out an error in their army-rooster, or suggests trying an alternative game (such as AoS), its just embarrassing.
>>
>>
>>49877425
>>
>>49877444
>>
>>49877490
i_don't_know_what_i_expected.jpg
>>
Playing Khorne Bloodblound, and I feel like my army needs some ranged or some monsters. Any suggestions?
>>
>>49872968
Fucking necron arms. So much frustration trying to line up their ball and socket shoulders and tiny stupid wrists with the hands attached to the guns/warscythes.
>>
>>49877765
Go for Bloodthirsters or Skarbrand for Monsters. For ranged an Hellcannon is the gold standard for artillery, but his model is out of production. I don't know what else Khorne has of ranged.
>>
>>49877929
I converted a Forgefiend into a Hellcannon. It has worked quite decently, so I'm happy with it. Bloodthirster would be a good addition. How are the other monsters? Slaughterbrute, Vortex Beast, War Mammoth, Ghorgon, Cygor? Those are the ones I'm most interested in (besides Bloodthirster).
>>
>>49877444
>>49877506
Gryph-hounds a best.

A. BEST.
>>
>>49877506
Well that was mildly amusing
>>
>>49877506
>all Gryph-hounds fans here
Then release a box of them, you fuckers! We all want one!
>>
File: IMG_7473.jpg (45KB, 527x227px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7473.jpg
45KB, 527x227px
>>49878940
>Gryphound pack hunting down Chaos and working as scouters for a full army of varying gryphon types
Thread posts: 323
Thread images: 63

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.