[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/srg/ Shadowrun General - Who Do Otaku?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 364
Thread images: 62

File: Otaku.jpg (94KB, 500x358px) Image search: [Google]
Otaku.jpg
94KB, 500x358px
...Identity Spoofed
...Encryption Keys Generated
...Connected to Tamanegi Routers
>>>Login: *********
>>>Enter Passcode: *********
...Biometric Scan Confirmed
Connected to Deepweb...

>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
>Last Viewed Files: >>49794208
>Street_Tribes.trid
>ASIST.sim
>MCT_Experiment_Logs.pdf
>Virtual_Machine.hack

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: 363 (65% Positive)
* You have 1 new private message, titled 'What happened to the Matrix?'
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked https://github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage: http://pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running JackIntoMe.BTL...

>Shoot straight
>Conserve ammo
>And never, ever cut a deal with a dragon

What happened to all the otaku? Some joined up with Ex Pacis, but what happened to the rest of them as their powers faded? Did they go to regular jobs/pseudolegal life, the tribes dissolving now that their special powers failed? Are they still being experimented on? Is there some guy saying that he can turn Otaku back on, scamming them out of money? They don't get mentioned a lot (other than Puck), so I don't know if there was ever a canon explanation of what happened to the majority.
>>
Shadowrun halloween.
How do we do it?
What is it like?
Is it considered bad taste to dress up like ghouls?
Related, how many ghoul based deaths occur?
>>
>>49818981
I assumed most of the ones who lost their powers as they aged became deckers.
Those who had them when the matrix changed probably became technos.
>>
>>49819011
Halloween originally started because the candy companies wanted to sell their shit during the slow season, so I'd imagine it's become more subtly corporate than ever.
>>
File: Halloweeners.jpg (18KB, 460x460px) Image search: [Google]
Halloweeners.jpg
18KB, 460x460px
>>49819011
Now I want to do a themed holiday run: the team is hired by a paranoid group of neighbourhood moms to protect their kids during Halloween, following them around the district as they collect candy, the older ones go to parties, etc. Obvious complications include a Halloweener street race/initiation that heads right for trick-or-treaters, and a banshee stalking the high school parties looking to binge on virgins (or close enough).
>>
File: 1464592319934.png (1019KB, 1020x819px) Image search: [Google]
1464592319934.png
1019KB, 1020x819px
>>49819022
>deckers

Be a big learning curve, though. Going from a natural, inherent mastery of the Matrix to doing everything the hard way.
>>
File: Holorifle.jpg (5MB, 4000x2934px) Image search: [Google]
Holorifle.jpg
5MB, 4000x2934px
How would you guys stat pic related?
>>
>>49819107
Modded rifle
>>
>>49819107
A gun from Miracle Shooter doesn't need stats.
>>
What's the best bioware to get. period? Synapse boosters, pain editors, that sort of thing. Geneware too. What's the stuff that's clearly a cut above the rest? I'm used to chroming my fuckers to the gills.
>>
>>49819154

Bioware is like cyberware, which is like mundane tools.

A crowbar is an excellent tool for prying open closed things. Its pretty good at hammering nails in. Its even decent at hammering skulls in. But it would be a shitty choice to screw a Phillips head screw, or to try to strip some wires, or to uncork a bottle of wine, or to cut some fabric.

Tools are designed for one thing, and while they can do other things well, it won't be as well as other tools designed for that same purpose. There is no singular best tool.
>>
>>49819154
Don't listen to >>49819179 anon
Synaptic boosters are the best because initiative godstat.
>>
>>49819258
You mean Move By Wire plus drugs.
>>
I'm sorry to ask a dumb question, but is there a gear equivalent for skimmers already or is it something that'd have to be homebrewed?
>>
>>49819077
other complications include:
"That cyberzombie is trick or treating."

And "Those are real ghouls!"
>>
File: 1446935356345.jpg (84KB, 290x750px) Image search: [Google]
1446935356345.jpg
84KB, 290x750px
>>49819382
There is. It's called, "Cut off your stupid meat legs already, you pussy."
>>
>>49819011

Smuggling candy.

Here is a little story from Cayman when he had to ask Kane for the sweets.

>Dammit. Of course you would show up and mention that.

>Look, when people hear about the black market, they think of weapons, ammo, explosives, and other restricted or illegal things. They don't think a lot about candy. But some corps keep tight control over their underlings and don't let them have a taste of anything the corp doesn't make. Until one day they stumble out of the corp compound, wander into a Stuffer Shack, explore the whole candy aisle in wonder, and find new taste sensations. And they fall as hard as any other addict.

>So I get this call, a corp drone saying he can't wait any longer, he needs his addiction fed, so I figure it's easy money--a little drug smuggling onto corp property. Piece of cake. But it turns out it was a whole lot closer to cake than it was drugs. This clown wanted a whole year's supply of non-parent-corp-approved sugary goodness for him and his family, and he apparently wanted me to somehow sneak a truck by his corporate masters.

>Let me tell you, I'll take drug smuggling any day, because drugs are way more portable. I couldn't just drive the truck in, I had to make arrangements, and those arrangements meant calling on friends. And honestly, if you're thinking transporting outlandish goods, who am I going to call besides Kane?

>So yeah, Kane helped me break into the candy-smuggling business. A proud line on my resume.

Imagine Halloween and Valentines day where execs are looking for sweet goodness...payday.
>>
File: Cyberzombie Hospital.jpg (120KB, 680x828px) Image search: [Google]
Cyberzombie Hospital.jpg
120KB, 680x828px
>>49819466
>"That cyberzombie is trick or treating."

>"Oh no, he's heading for the Murakami house! They only give out toothbrushes! We have to stop him before he finds out and goes full cyberpsycho!"
>>
>>49819577
Oh my god what a horrifyingly serious problem
>>
>>49819540
Man.
Maaaan
There is a lto of halloween potential in shadowrun.
>>
>>49819473
I just want my airskates.
>>
File: Jet-Set-Radio-2.jpg (156KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Jet-Set-Radio-2.jpg
156KB, 640x360px
>>49819736
You can have them! And even better, you never have to take them off, because you can't.
>>
>>49819813
Get away from me, chromer.
>>
File: Elf Hand Razor.png (560KB, 1508x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Elf Hand Razor.png
560KB, 1508x1920px
>>49819818
Sure thing, Neanderthal. I'm gonna go back to being rad as fuck, you keep plodding along in that stupid fleshsack. I'll go grab a Tacorito Supremo Burrito, check to see if the targets are out of the bank yet, punch through a couple walls, and come back by the time you reach the end of the block.
>>
>>49819382
Rigger 4, you can get a hoverboard/skates.
>>
File: totally not Eminem.jpg (183KB, 1470x2182px) Image search: [Google]
totally not Eminem.jpg
183KB, 1470x2182px
>>49819736
>airskates
>not hoverboard
>>
>>49819888
What about Rigger 5?
>>
>>49819973
rigger 5 isnt a joke book
>>
>>49820010
>Implying the editing isn't a joke
>>
>>49820010
>Rigger 5 isn't even a joke book

ftfy
>>
>>49819091
They still understand how things work and what things do; the difference is like going from scalpels to knapped rocks, not autodocs to rocks.
>>
Anyone got tips on building a MysAd?
>>
>>49820420
youre a mage with power points, not an adept with spellcasting

as long as you arent a complete idiot youre the strongest character in the game
>>
>>49818981

Posted a shadowrun storytime in the last thread but it was autosaging by the time I got the ending up.

I re-posted it (cleaned up and complete) in the current /tg/ storytime thread.
>>49820019

It's the one featuring Tiger the cat and a milk run that turned into a double homicide
>>
>>49820479
I'm bad at mages, what should I get that won't be too big of a headache
>>
>>49819154
Yeah, probably do get some gills.
>>
>>49820489

>what should I get
The spells you want.
The powers you want.
The Vengeance you Crave
>>
>>49820583
Oh boy, time to crash and burn!
>>
>>49820489
Pick a specialization. Do that specialization. For powers, take Improved Reflexes, Astral Perception, and whatever the hell else you want.
>>
>>49820614
Thanks! One last question, if it's not too much trouble: Is EBBBD a decent Sum to 10 or have I made a horrible mistake?
>>
>>49820489
you can do anything, but not everything. pick what you want to do and build towards that.

5 wil, your other drain stat at 6. every other attribute is less important than those two

the magic skills you care about are spellcasting, summoning, and counterspelling. enchanting is garbage, banishing is garbage, and ritual spellcasting is probably useless for you as a pc. binding is potentially good.

heal, levitate, improved invisibility, and at least one offensive spell (i like lighting bolt) are the bare necessities. theres a lot of good spells beyond those, so pick whatever fits what you want to do

your traditions mechanically matters for your drain stat, and what spirits you can summon. you are going to invest a lot of resources into your drain stat, so I would recommend that it is also good for other stuff you want to do. street shamans tend to double as faces, hermetics are good with first aid and demolitions, and so on.
>>
>>49820482
>a milk run that turned into a double homicide

Wait, are milk runs supposed to not end in multiple deaths?
>>
>>49820654
Wouldn't know, I've only used karmagen so far, mang.
>>
>>49820664
Thanks. I figured doubling as a face would be a good start.

>>49820679
Alright.
>>
>>49820673

>Wait, are milk runs supposed to not end in multiple deaths?

Never call it a milk run, omae. Bloodbath is always appropriate though.
>>
Yekka, would it be possible to allow filtering qualities by the amount of Karma they cost? Like a way to just have it not show qualities that cost more than X, but still keep it restricted to positive/negative or whatever else?
>>
>>49820673
>Wait, are milk runs supposed to not end in multiple deaths?

when its something as simple as finding a lost pet, yeah that's generally something where murder isn't planned for or expected.
>>
I can't even change the friggin' options without Chummer crashing on me.
>>
>>49820732

How simple is simple though? Because aren't Food Fight and Fast Food Fight meant to be milk runs, despite the fact that they can end in multiple deaths? (And, in our groups case, the destruction of a McHugh's.)
>>
>>49820709
So you can find a way to fill that last two karma of positive quality limit or whatever? Sure, no reason why not.
>>49820781
I need details to fix stuff; does it give any sort of error message? What build are you on?
>>
>>49819591
Fuck I know we have to do something about those fucking toothbrushes.
>>
>>49820800
The latest nightly one. If it means anything, it happened after I had to create a setting name so I could toggle on books.
>>
>>49820800
Yeah, that'd be really helpful, if you could do it, please.

Thanks man.
>>
>>49819042

Cinco De Mayo is the real shit. Ghouls walking topside and leading parades of the dead as the walls that keep them back from the living thin for an evening.

>>49820732

The pet always turns out to be a baby great dragon or an AI or something.
>>
I'm sad /tg/ I finally got into a shadowrun game and I was in the middle of reading the book to know as much as possible when the DM messaged me saying he replaced me with an experienced player. I'm never going to get to play this fucking game.
>>
>>49820732

You really underestimate Shadowrunners...
>>
>>49820865

Maybe the problem is you and you're a bad person.
>>
>>49820865
Don't worry, you can always live vicariously through others storytimes like I and others do.
>>
>>49820732
>Lost pet

Nigga really? the gangs probably got it. We should just hit them all up with a few surgical strikes.
>>
>>49820878
Its not my fault I'm new to the system! I gotta actually play first before I get that mystical experience thing all these DM's seem to want.

>>49820881
Exactly why I'm here!
>>
>>49820898
Good, good. Even if you never make it to the 'playing' step, you can still have plenty of fun through character creation, and that's something no DM can take away from you.
>>
File: 1420361103713.jpg (753KB, 1653x2078px) Image search: [Google]
1420361103713.jpg
753KB, 1653x2078px
>49804639
Migrating this to the new thread. Basically: Lamia in shadowrun? SURGE freak or naga with an illusion?
>>
>>49820974
>>49804639
Fuck
>>
>>49820865
Try the reddit games. They're not the best games ever since they're more or less emulating a Missions environment where they can't focus heavily on your character's personal background, but it's a good way to learn the system.
>>49820814
Hmmm. It shouldn't be prompting you to make a new file, you have to manually make it and edit from there. Try deleting your Options folder and see where that gets you.
>>49820974
I vaguely recall seeing them as a metavariant once; changeling would be the easiest way to do them mechanically.
>>
>>49821003
Funny you mention that - I did just that and it seems to have worked. I'll let you know if a problem pops up again.
>>
>>49818981
I thought that the Otaku were the per-curser to the Technomancers. Did some turn into that?
>>
>>49821003
>Try the reddit games
Yekka, you're a cool dude and all, but thats not okay. Living Campaigns are fucking cancer, and are never, EVER a good idea to join. The fact that it's full of Missions fags that couldn't actually get into a Missions game, that it's SJW redditors, and all the other bullshit that comes with it make it an awful idea.
>>
>>49820974
Surge.

Though, maybe a human metavariant?

Why aren't there more human metavariants anyway?
>>
>>49821055
>>49821003
What are reddit games? At this point I''m desperate enough to try anything. Shadowrun is the one game I've always wanted to play but can just never find a group no matter how hard I look. Something always happens at the last minute. This time was the DM being a prick last time the game was changed to DnD 5.0 before that the DM just vanished leaving the players wondering what the hell just happened.
>>
File: 1398043872460.jpg (34KB, 500x364px) Image search: [Google]
1398043872460.jpg
34KB, 500x364px
>>49821055

>hating on living campaigns in a game world with a constant, complex canon

This is gonna be good...

>Missions fags

"I hate how there's a lot of people available to play games at a moment's notice, shadowrun should be impossible to get into."

>unironically using the term SJW

You're really going full retard aren't you.

>questioning Yekka's logic, ever

I'm calling troll bait.
>>
>>49821082

>https://www.reddit.com/r/RunnerHub/

Basically you go there and cringe through Rusty's mary sue characters a bit and then play some rad shadowrun shit.
>>
>>49821082
Don't, man. Seriously, just don't. I've looked at living campaigns before.

You wanna see what Living Campaigns cause?

This: http://oustomiaworld.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Player_Characters

Go ahead, search through the profiles.

I'd post the gems of it, but it seems that the people adminning it finally caught wind of them getting posted around, and didn't want their loli rapebait foxgirls, characters with Enemy: Dad, hoodie-wearing special snowflake hyper-rare emo kobold sues, and... oh, well, no, apparently Uther the fucking Lightbringer is still on the roster. http://oustomiaworld.wikia.com/wiki/Uther

This is what Living Campaigns cause.

>>49821147
>Constant, complex canon
You mean the Henderson-tier backlog of shit that GMs change on a whim.

>Missions fags
Yeah, I can't really see why you'd want to play with completely random people with no idea what's going on, playing a made-on-the-spot half-assed session without any prepwork.

>SJWs
It's Reddit and CTR.

>Hurr durr doubting someone means you're a troll
Take your tripfag deity bullshit elsewhere.
>>
Was the anthro drake picture in Howling Shadows really necessary?
>>
>>49821055
Look, I personally avoid them like the plague. Even if I HAD time to play or run Shadowrun, living campaigns aren't my cup of tea. But for a new player who's interested in the world but can't get a face-to-face game, they're a tolerable way to learn the ropes. The worst I've ever seen in one of those games was a guy with high double-digits street cred because he was involved in a run where they killed a dragon. Meanwhie in fucking Missions, I've seen pedomancers with netoeny that'll seduce anyone that moves and mind-control anyone that's not into it.
>>49821147
>>questioning Yekka's logic, ever
Please don't do that, it'd be tedious to go anonymous again. I'm not some sacred cow, my opinions are my own and should only be considered as such.
>>49821230
Way I heard it, the artist drew it without knowing much about how drakes actually worked and turned it in, and they didn't want to waste the commission money.
>>
>>49821309
How -do- they work, anyway?
>>
Can anyone link TwoDee's Shadowrun Storytime? I lost it when my old HDD died.
>>
>>49821309

You'll always be my sacred cow, Yekka. But I see your point.

>>49821191

You're still full retard though.
>>
>>49821324
Runnerhub and such? Essentially, you make a character at https://www.reddit.com/r/HubChargen. You'll get vetted by the moderators to ensure your character meets their rules and expectations. Generally they suggest some small amount of character optimisation just to keep everyone on a level playing field. Once you've done that, you can join the games that are listed in the main reddit board. The moderators and GMs make a conscious effort to get newer players into games shortly after you're approved.

Once you're accepted into a game, you'll join up with the group in whatever way the GM prefers (Typically roll20, though some prefer to use shit like google hangouts) and do the run.
>>49821384
>>
>>49821423
Oh, no, I was asking about drakes.
>>
>>49821423
Thanks Yekka. I should have just checked the archive, though, sorry about that.
>>
>>49821423
>541 pages

Fuck well I know what I'm doing to drown my sorrows tonight. It better not all be shit.
>>
My group is thinking of starting up a campaign this Halloween where we all play Infected. Anyone have any input on how to best acquire the flesh of the innocent and avoid the law? Also any advice on not getting screwed by being Dual Natured?
>>
File: 1d6927e7a2d7663aa7c354ade1527924.jpg (207KB, 1778x2700px) Image search: [Google]
1d6927e7a2d7663aa7c354ade1527924.jpg
207KB, 1778x2700px
>>49821463
All good, I had it handy anyway.
>>49821428
tl;dr they're the descendants of the servants of dragons, created back in the Fourth World. True Drakes are essentially golems, created out of little more than mana and a dragon's force of will. They're super hard to make, and it's sort of a social no-no to attempt it for most dragons for various boring reasons. A while after they'd been created, one of the dragons got the idea to staple the drake 'template' onto... I want to say it was elves. It's usually elves with this sort of thing. Anyway, they were less powerful than true drakes, but they were able to breed with each other and create more drakes. Dragons were all 'Fuck yeah, this is awesome! The slaves just keep printing more slaves!' Then Horrors happened any everything turned to shit. Since the Sixth World's resurgence of mana the dragons have been attempting to make proper True Drakes again, but for various reasons (Lower ambient mana, possibly some shortcuts being taken) even they are less powerful than their predecessors.

Major difference between a drake and a True Drake is that a True Drake is a dracoform that shapeshifts into a metahuman form. A Bred Drake is the inverse, shifting from metahuman to dracoform.

Mechanically, they're expensive shapeshifters that don't have to buy up their stats separately and have bullshit woogie-woogie interaction with cyberware.
>>
>>49820654
Don't take Astral Perception. You're a mage, you already HAVE astral perception.
>>
>>49821685
>just thought of getting astral perception when you replied
What are the odds?
>>
>>49821685
mystic adepts need to buy it as a power to perceive astrally
>>
I have .5 power points left, rapid healing seems like a damn good investment for a gun adept right?
>>
Kind of a stupid question, but just to be clear: characters get to make defense/dodge rolls against grenades, right? My group is gonna start Shadowrun (5e) soon and I'm pretty sure a bunch of us are going to just assume grenades work like AoEs in D&D (no dodge, straight to damage soak).
>>
>>49821828
not really, when you could get another dodge die or armor die for the same price which are far better at doing basically the same thing

>>49821836
you do not get to dodge grenades, but there is an action to move away from a grenade (run for your life, p 125 of run and gun)

aoe spells, and probably some other things, do allow a defense roll
>>
>>49821884
The "Targeted by an Area of Affect Attack" section says to "Apply a -2 Modifier when trying to defend against weapons like spells, grenades, rockets, or missiles with a blast or area effect," which would imply you DO get a defense test, just at -2 dice pool.
>>
>>49821996
that is a well-known editing error which has been confirmed as erroneous
>>
File: file.png (25KB, 519x486px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
25KB, 519x486px
>>49820831
Well that wasn't too bad to implement. One of those pleasant times when I just need to do an expansion of existing code rather than a rewrite.
>>
So..last session got a bit dark. TL:DR to enjoy
>ex UCAS special forces chick retires and gets into civilian security, marries a nice guy and has a son together
>hubby is a caught in a gang shootout as an innocent bystander and dies
>wife goes off the deep end, her son is placed into foster care because of her mental trauma
>wife goes full rambo and starts stalking the Seattle streets for criminals and gangers
>we get hired to stop her before she either succeeds in tearing apart the Seattle underworld or fails and brings the attention of KE to places it shouldnt be
>we trace her movements, eventually catch up with her
>but we're not the only team on the job, and we watch as she cuts down the poor motherfuckers who plotted a near perfect ambush against her
>we run
>face has an idea, decides if we cant beat her physically we have to do it mentally
>so the decker (me), tracks down her son and the face convinces/manipulates him into helping us 'save' his mother
>the plan is to use the kid to try and calm her down, and if that doesnt work we have one last plan
>we strap a bloodpack and a detonator to the top of the kids head under a hat and hand him a gun full of blanks, if worst comes to worst he 'kills' himself and hopefully the emotional trauma of killing her child will stun her long enough for us to take care of her

cont.
>>
>>49823118
>so we chase her down, child in tow, and send him out to tame the wolf
>plan A doesnt work, she recognizes her son but tells him that she'll be all better and there to tuck him in at night like she used to after she tracks down and kills the gangers who took down her husband
>so we move to plan B, and the face calmly tells the kid to put the gun to his chin and pull the trigger after some emotional 'mommy pls' bullshit
>kid 'blows' his brains out, we all think its fake, mother falls to her knees sobbing and we take her out while the last of her sanity is slipping away
>happy go lucky, kindhearted mage goes to wake the kid up, he doesnt wake up
>what he, and we, didnt know was the gun didnt have blanks, it was really loaded
>the face had given the kid a fully loaded colt america and we didnt notice
>face explains what he did, mage and street sam start screaming at him
>he tells them it was better for the child to die thinking he was saving his mother than to be forced to live in a world as cruel as the sixth world without any parents and becoming like us
>we capture visual proof the target is dead and leave mother and son together in a dark Seattle alley

I think the mage is going to try and kill our face after this, and I dont know who to side with On one hand the GM played up how shit the orphanage we found the kid at was and it does seem to be a mercy..but still..
>>
>>49823199
>mage and street sam start screaming at him
>I think the mage is going to try and kill our face after this
For some guys who fireball/shoot people in the face for money, the mage and sammie sound like whiny little bitches with oddly naive world views.
>>
>>49823789
There's a difference between killing when you need to against security teams that signed up knowing the risks and tricking a child into blowing his own brains out to cause his mother to have a mental breakdown.
>>
>>49823789

Street Sam calmed down after a while, he didnt like the idea of killing a kid in a situation he was convinced we could have handled alone. But that bitch was tearing through gangs and runners without slowing down, she would torn us apart like tissue paper.

The mage had a soft life before running so its no wonder she had issues with it
>>
>>49823804
Of course there is a difference - how often you'll get into situations where not preventing the death of / killing a bystander is more viable than an alternative plan.

>>49823815
If the mage really can't accept the way things went down, they should split their pay between the rest of the group (or donate it to charity) and find less objectionable lines of work.
>>
>>49823876

Hopefully she'll toughen up a bit after this. Being a runner isnt easy or morally right. They're pretty much corporate sponsored terrorists after all.
>>
>>49822219
Fucking awesome, man.

Does it work for negatives too?
>>
>>49824542
Yup. You need to have the Negative category selected, but it works.
>>
>>49824608
Dude I fucking love you, that's incredibly helpful.
>>
>>49824647
Honestly it's been on my to-do list for like... a year? I just keep getting distracted with things that are PROBLEMS rather than being able to add new stuff. Says a lot that 41 of the open tickets are listed as enhancement.

Anyway, it's active in the latest nightly. I'll probably do another release update sometime this week though.
>>
>>49824830
Neat. Thanks, man.
>>
File: 64309-1.jpg (18KB, 390x260px) Image search: [Google]
64309-1.jpg
18KB, 390x260px
>>49824830
>>49824608
>>49822219

thanks for being awesome.
>>
>>49823118
>>49823199
>>49823789

incoming interesting times.
>>
>>49823815

Maybe you should tell the face to show some kind of... not remorse or regret, but at least something to show that getting a kid to blow his brains out weighs on his conscience. like "It was better this way, but that doesn't mean it was good" kinda thing going on.
>>
>>49822219
Any chance you'll ever consolidate all the numbered / redundant quality entries into a single selection each, with a number or drop down menu?
>>
>>49825024
Even if it really doesnt weigh on his conscience he's a face, have him lie. Its what they do.
>>
I haven't played Shadowrun since last edition, are trolls with overcasting still best mages?
>>
File: tumblr_oe6ijvc7p11urf4tmo1_1280.jpg (57KB, 564x797px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oe6ijvc7p11urf4tmo1_1280.jpg
57KB, 564x797px
>>49825042
God, you have NO IDEA how much that bugs me. Every time I see In Debt I have a minor apoplexy. Like I get that a lot of the content from around Run Faster was added by people that didn't have the capability to add ratings, but at this point it'll be such a clusterfuck to pull out that I'm almost afraid to touch it. It's on the list, that's about the best I can say at the moment.
>>
File: 1459260478048.png (635KB, 600x821px) Image search: [Google]
1459260478048.png
635KB, 600x821px
>>49821037
Yes, There's even a quality for it. However, it's supposed to be a 'lightning striking twice' situation, incredibly rare thing following incredibly rare thing.
>>
>>49825110
Hey, sorry to be a bother by asking, but the Dikote custom stuff you pasted a while back didn't seem to work when I attempted to add it.

http://pastebin.com/Krm7yDtr

I'm fairly sure I followed it just like you said, and when I tried to add it, I saw nothing. No errors or anything, it just didn't show up. What might I have done wrong?
>>
File: dj_shwann_by_torvenius-d4t3wrx.jpg (225KB, 751x1063px) Image search: [Google]
dj_shwann_by_torvenius-d4t3wrx.jpg
225KB, 751x1063px
>>49825410
No idea, worked fine for me. Here's what I made: https://a.desu.sh/vdqhpj.zip
>>
>>49825474
Huh. Well, that one works, dunno what I'd done wrong with it. Thanks, Yekka.
>>
So, since in most threads there is only bashing CGL, and we're slipping off, let's try a challenge:
In your opinion, what did CGL do better than FASA?
>>
>>49827930
Kept the game alive?
>>
>>49827930
I have no idea what either of those two things are.
>>
>>49828064
Seriously?
FASA was the producer for 1-3, CGL is the producer for 4-5
>>
>>49828160
I've only read 4.0 and have never actually played the game
>>
>>49827930
>Playing anything before 4e
Why though
>>
>>49828320
Incoming 3enon in 3, 2, 1...
>>
>>49828320
Because it provides a more cohesive and atmospheric cyberpunk feel, with tighter rules and more fluff.
The metaplot doesn't go so hard off the rails that it blocks non-Awakened characters or weaker ones from interacting with it, everything doesn't boil down to magic, cyberware isn't actively gimped by the mechanics and metaplot, no option bloat, next to no dodgy snowflake choices, fewer newbie traps, a tied-up system that doesn't risk being shafted by a bad release or has entire roles almost unplayable for years because CGL, better editing and finally a less minmax-friendly system that allows people to make a character at a viable power level without starting with the mechanics and then making up an excuse backstory.
You're welcome.
If you want to play CGLrun, which I consider despicable, you're free to do it as long as you at least admit it has flaws. 3e has an at times impenetrable system and a steep learning curve, as well as iffy editing (still better than CGL, though - what you need is there, it's just hard to find). I play 3e because I feel that putting in a bit of extra effort is worth the trouble, and you play CGLrun because you feel that you're willing to make sacrifices to play what you probably think is an "exciting and modern" game.
I think it's a Tumblr abortion this close to falling apart from lack of engagement, lack of skill, lack of understanding of the setting, lack of understanding of balance and general complete disregard for anything else than marketing itself to people who care only about being able to play a pixie MysAd with blue hair and a "sassy, hot-headed personality" who "hates the establishment and the oppressors in society", but people have their differences.
Where it starts getting fucky is when you shit on 3e just for being too old for you and use "grognard" as an instant shutdown argument because no one who doesn't think like you can ever be right.
>>49828499
Nicely timed.
>>
>>49828526
>Tighter rules and fluff
It's alright, gramps. I'm sure MASH or something will be on soon.
>>
>>49828562
You do realize that while pretending to be smug and taunting someone without any arguments, while connected with "k3wl tr0lls", doesn't help when you're defending something, right?
You keep on being smug every time without contributing or refuting anything, and I keep on posting the same arguments every time so new players can see how CGLrun drones recoil in horror from the dreaded spectre of Effort.
I'm sure we'll get along.
>>
>>49828647
I mean, I'm sure that if FASA actually was up-to-date and had modern rules, they'd totally do a good job. And I still think CGL is fucking awful at editing, and that their work needs a lot of, well, work to get better.

But you can't really say that older editions aged well at all.
>>
>>49828704
The fundamental difference here is that I don't think that rules "age".
If it's fun, it's fun. It doesn't matter if it's a year ago or twenty years ago if something fun was released, as long as it's still entertaining. There are games with different kinds of rules nowadays, but I wouldn't say that the technical skill of the rules and balance has become better in general over the years (and CGL rules sure as hell aren't better than FASA's).
If you had to use the newest available version of everything in your life, whether it be household appliances, bathroom supplies or clothes, you would be a very unhappy person. Something being old doesn't equate with it being bad - people still play chess, for example, despite there being countless newer variant rules and Internet variants.
I really don't see where people come from with "rules/games aging badly". Do you really think that people become less capable of enjoying older things as time passes, and do you really think this is a good thing that should be encouraged?
I personally feel it's a shame to let a perfectly good game sink into obscurity because someone decided that they prioritized novelty over quality. Simpler rules don't necessarily mean better ones, and in fact I think that modern game companies have become much worse at making compelling crunch-heavy systems where they've become better at ones with a central gimmick.
>>
>>49828845
>Rules don't age
Alright, lets have a test here, shall we?

When did SR 1/2/3 come out?
>>
>>49828913
You need to work on your trolling.
What prevents a new player, with engagement and time on his hands, from learning and enjoying 3e Shadowrun? Let's assume that he has friends and can thus find players for the game.
Your question is meaningless bait. When did chess "come out"? When did soccer "come out"? When did Starcraft come out? When was the piano invented?
People still play chess instead of whatever absurd alternative rules some people have come up with. People still play organization soccer despite the rules not having been changed fundamentally for decades, longer than Shadowrun has even existed. People still play Starcraft instead of the MOBA of the week. People still play the piano instead of using a keyboard or VSTs on a music program.
And they're still having loads of fun doing it.
>>
Please Dunky make it stop
>>
>>49829029
Lets try this again, class.

When did SR 1/2/3 come out?
>>
>>49829029
>People still play the piano instead of using a keyboard or VSTs on a music program.
not him, but you do know that the piano most play today is not the original Piano, but a descendant?

>When did chess "come out"
Wikipedia tells me it's the 13th century, though the precursor, Chaturanga, dates to 600 CE. Tell me, if this game was playable for 700 years, where are its players now?

>When did soccer "come out"?
Earliest precursors to Soccer are apparently dated to 2000 bCE, modern soccer is about 100 years old. Today, everyone plays modern soccer.

Just because something is old doesn't mean that it is bad, yes.
But who said that everything new is bad?
>>
>>49829257
correction
modern soccer is about 170 years old
>>
>>49825474
Not the same anon, but when I use this, the dikote for both weapon types do not apply any damage or AP bonuses. I looked in the XML and found that it was supposed to. Any tips?
>>
>>49829834
If you're using two swords at once, can you stab the same guy twice, once with each of them?
>>
>>49830150
RAW you cant
you can only spend 1 simple action to attack each AP
the only exception in by attacking multiple enemies, where you split your dice pool between the 2 attacks

of course you can talk it out with your GM if he allows you to attack the same enemy with both weapons, though I don't know how you'd rule that, whether it's one attack with the combined stats of both weapons, or the average of their stats, or if it counts as two rolls, to see if you hit with both, or something else
>>
>>49830827
But can't you attack with both swords in the same action by splitting dicepools?
>>
>>49830925
You can in 4e. But you're probably talking about 5e right? Fuck if I know.
>>
>>49830977
Yeah, 5e.

I'm... I don't get it. What's the point of dual-wielding, then? Is there ANY point at all?
>>
>>49831034
Style, chummer.
>>
>>49830925
By RAW that would be only available if you attack 2 enemies, though I personally would allow it

remember though, that you'd need a huge DP to begin with to even stand a chance of hitting with the smaller dice pool
e.g. If you usually roll 12 dice that means that on average you get 4 hits. Your enemy would have to get 4 hits to avoid that attack, so 12 dice as well.
If you split your DP however you roll 6 dice twice, meaning that you usually get 2 hits. If the enemy has good REA + Dodge, around 7 dice, then he will more often than not evade your attack

It's like with AGI and STR for melee weapons. High AGI but low STR means you hit often, but weak. High STR but low AGI means you miss often, but when you hit you hit hard

>>49831034
>Is there ANY point at all?
nope, not really. Using one weapon well is better than using multiple weapons poorly
>>
>>49831089
But using multiple weapons well is still the same as one weapon being used well, it just requires way more investment because ???
>>
>>49831117
>because ???
because the designers don't want people to go guns akimbo
>>
What's the downside to the classic sword/pistol combo?
>>
>>49829029

Not that guy, but, I'd like to throw in my 2 cents.

First: I play 5e. I've only ever played 5e. I'm still overall very new to Shadowrun. I'm not going to shit on 3e because i've never played it.

Now: 5e has a shit load of flaws and contradictions and errors and just bad editing. But, I still find it fun overall. It might be a result of just having a good GM, but still.

Now, onto the whole "Rules age badly" thing. For the most part, by my understanding, its not so much that the rules have somehow decayed in quality due to the passage of time (Beyond the paperback literally decaying), so much as modern rules have updates that make things more streamlined or fun.

Lets take AD&D. In that system, you didn't have Sneaking. You had Hiding and Move Silently. You didn't just have "Survival" you had a different skill for every different aspect of survival.

Now, I haven't actually played myself, but my roommate is an AVID supporter of it. He likes all the extra stuff in there because you can make more specialized characters and make them feel more like how you want them (Such as, say, someone who is the Hide and Seek champion, but is the loudest moving fucker out there).

Personally, I hate it. I think it's stupid that someone could, in theory, learn one thing without having any idea of the other, despite their intimate relationship with each other.

AD&D also had things about being attacked from behind (Not just flanked/backstabbed), or being attacked from the side you have your shield. And loads of other things like that.

I personally think that it can bog down everything as you try to figure this all out.

Yes, people could still enjoy rules like that. But others might not, and think something along the lines of "The rules were fine when they were all we had, but we have better stuff now, so the old rules really aren't fine anymore"

I like 5e. its got a truckload of problems. I have never played 3e. It probably has loads of problems too.
>>
>>49831549

Trying to guard with your offhand when your main hand was just parried.
>>
>>49831554
>someone being reasonable
>on /srg/- Shitpost and Ruse General
>>
>>49831034
>>49831053
>>49831089
>Style
> one weapon is better
Dual Wielding is for beyond minmaxed combat characters who can't help but hit their accuracy limit, or for when you surprise multiple opponents.
>>
>>49829029
>When did chess "come out"?
Chess is a terrible example. It's no fun at all if you pay any attention to the meta.
>>
>>49825094

Based on raw stats, dwarves have the highest Willpower, which probably makes them the best in terms of stun/Drain resistance. I'd like to say trolls are second, but I'm not sure. Hypothetically a troll with maximum Willpower and Body and a Pain Editor could tank Drain like there's no tomorrow though.
>>
Ok I know this is probably going to seem like a weird question, but I need to know the answer to settle an argument in my SR group: how big is a troll's penis?
>>
>>49832299

Average human is about 5 foot tall.

Average troll is 8 foot tall.

That makes a troll 62.5% taller than a human.

The average Human dick is 5.5 inches (yes, really). 62.5% longer would make it 8.9375 inches, or lets just call it 9 inches long.

Average human dick width is about 1.5 inches.

62.5% bigger would make it 2.4375 inches wide, or just 2.5 inches wide.

So, we could probably call a troll, reasonably, 9 inches long, and 2.5 inches wide on average.
>>
>>49832420

(Yes I know human males are actually 5'6 on average, and a troll is 8'2, but that makes the actual size of a troll's junk 9.1 inches long and 2.505 inches wide, so in the end, the original is still close enough once rounded out)
>>
File: VtV9kAn.jpg (161KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
VtV9kAn.jpg
161KB, 600x800px
>>49832299
Sure its for a arguement... sure...
>>
>People getting salty over what editions other people play
To what end
>>
>>49832493
Corp sabatoge omae, its simple plants because Horizon is upset they lost the Shadowrun licence to EVO's CGL subsidary.
>>
>>49832489

As much as I can understand your scepticism, it really is for an argument. My SR group keeps implying things about my troll's penis which just aren't gentlemanly. Its gotten to the point where the contact of another character in the group is (amongst other things) the leader of a fanclub dedicated to my troll solely based on rumours and conjecture about the size of his penis and his rumoured skill with such.
>>
File: 9f9.gif (710KB, 245x188px) Image search: [Google]
9f9.gif
710KB, 245x188px
Is a kidnapped pet enough of a backstory for an old runner to get back in the game?
>>
>>49832709

see

>>49832420

Your dick is pretty big by human standards, but you aren't a Quarter-horse with a brain.

>>49832722

I've heard worse. Play up just how much that pet has meant to you, or kept you sane, or just how long you've had it, and I'd work with it.
>>
>>49832709
Well to be fair penis size is as stat based as it is on race.

Plus cyber ware.

>>49832722
It worked for John Wick.
>>
>>49832750

As much as I hesitate to ask, which stat is it based on?
>>
>>49832773
Body obviously.

Also once again, cyberpenis are a thing.
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (80KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
80KB, 1280x720px
>>49832722
>>
>>49832813

Not that guy, but: Not Charisma?
>>
>>49832773

Reaction
>>
>>49832813

So a Body of 8 would be reasonably above average? What happens if you increase your Body via karma? What happens if you hit Body 11?

And yes we know cyberdongs are a thing but that's the easy route.
>>
>>49832843
Why would your social aptitude have anything to do with the size of your dong?
>>
File: 1458278518973.jpg (136KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1458278518973.jpg
136KB, 960x720px
>>49832843
Are you saying Hitler had a massive penis?
>>
>>49832843
are you saying that a troll has a smaller penis than a human, ork or dwarf?
>BOD: Size
>REA: Speed
>AGI: Technique or mobility

>CHA: Knowing how to please them/keep them around
>INT: How to notice if they are disappointed
>WIL+BOD: Endurance
>>
>>49832898

Because its often associated with how 'pretty' you are?

>>49832882
Human average body is 2.

Troll minimum body is 5. lets say 7 is the average troll body (It should be 6 but I'm being generous). having 8 would make you have a very large shlong, yes. 11 would probably be porn star, if body is associated with penis size. Not to mention the associated Stamina that comes with 11 body.

>>49832915
It could happen.

>>49832917

I also compare proportions. A troll should have a bunch bigger dick than a human by size alone. just how big it is from THERE would probably be judged by charisma (with 1 charisma probably still being 7 inches)
>>
>>49832963
>Human average body is 2.
All average stats for humans are 3
>>
>>49832963
>Because its often associated with how 'pretty' you are?
CHA is a mental stat, so it has nothing to do with your body
You can have CHA 1 and be very pretty, but can't enforce anything
You can look horrendous, but have CHA 6 and be incredibly charismatic.
>>
>>49829834
Oh right, I'm an idiot and changed the keywords. Try this.

<chummer>
<accessories>
<accessory>
<id>e2dcce16-659a-464d-9f17-29f42caaf4eb</id>
<name>Dikote (100cm, Edged)</name>
<mount />
<rating>10</rating>
<slots>0</slots>
<damage>1</damage>
<ap>-2</ap>
<avail>4</avail>
<cost>Rating * 1000</cost>
<source>SR5</source>
<page>181</page>
</accessory>
<accessory>
<id>7849c652-dbc1-43b4-a684-3b044dc119b9</id>
<name>Dikote (100cm, Blunt)</name>
<mount />
<rating>10</rating>
<slots>0</slots>
<damage>1</damage>
<avail>4</avail>
<cost>Rating * 1000</cost>
<source>SR5</source>
<page>181</page>
</accessory>
</accessories>
</chummer>
>>
>>49832915

Yes, yes I am. Adolf got all the Frauleins.
>>
>>49832917
I'd argue it should be more:

BOD: Fitness
STR: Muscle
REA: Reflexes and reaction times
AGI: Coordination/Manual dexterity

CHA: Appearance, social knowledge, intangible things that affect one's social presence
INT: System 1 thought
LOG: System 2 thought
WIL: The ability to force oneself to do something

>>49833007
Appearance very much is a part of charisma. I know it's "limiting," but you could not have someone with CHA 6 be ugly, because of mental biases towards ugly people and what have you. I'd get statistics and all those nice things, but know that it is actually VERY difficult to be ugly and charismatic, regardless of how good you are at speaking and whatever.
>>
>>49832963
>how big it is from THERE would probably be judged by charisma
>having 8 would make you have a very large shlong

Oh god, my troll is Charisma 4 as well! Did I accidentally make a troll porn star in my attempt to make a troll gentleman?
>>
How viable is it to ditch most if not all money and gear in exchange for abilities primarily, and skills secondarily?

I want to play a washed up investigator type, but he'll need to be smart, fast, willful, tough, and generally all around a bit better than average in able to pull this off without just being a face or a gunbunny.

It is very hard to replicate the feel of characters who did missions solo in a team game.
>>
>>49833051
Chummer, I was talking about the Attributes and how they affect the horizontal diplomacy

also, I still think that CHA as a mental stat has no effect and is not affected by the meat body
Just look at oni or hobgoblins
from their descriptions they look horrendous
but their CHA is 2/7, higher than baseline human

Also, basing Dick size on charisma is retarded, cause dick size and attractiveness are not correlated
>>
>>49831549
There isn't one. You could do that in every edition, as well, since the rules simply don't cover using a single weapon at different times (only dual wielding).

You could also do things like monowhip/SMG and employ them appropriately at different times.

>>49833007
If that was true tailored pheremones would do nothing.
>>
>>49833153
>Also, basing Dick size on charisma is retarded, cause dick size and attractiveness are not correlated
Well, yes.

But I'd chalk Oni and Hobgoblins up to magical stuff. Because again, the cognitive bias against ugly people is off the chains.
>>
>>49833051
Who is Hugh Hefner for 300.
Charisma is not just making yourself liked, either. It's getting people to do what you want, and a lot of people are fuck-ugly and do just that.
A homeless guy with teeth like a rotted piano might get you to give him fifty bucks because he weaves a good sob story. A scammer with 3/10 looks and a mole the size of a tumor on his upper lip might get you to drink with him in a bar and leave with your wallet and a fat commission.
Hell, most mafia bosses aren't good-looking, but they still make and control underlings and women like nothing.
The usual "everyone likes this person because they just seem nice" is limited by appearance, of course. The more the character's CHA is dominated by scheming, manipulation, reading people, practice, a good eye for circumstance or whatever else, the greater the chance that they're ugly.
There's also a backside to the halo effect - people who're suddenly disappointed or feel betrayed by an extremely good-looking person feel cognitive dissociation, which makes them even more distressed and upset about the situation. A fuck-ugly person would still be hated if they were manipulatively high-CHA, but not as much as someone who looks like a supermodel.
Someone with good looks would be better suited (in a black-trenchcoat game) to charming and making half-lies rather than extorting, blackmailing, making bald-faced lies and intimidating people, as not only is ugliness associated with unpleasantness, but people will really feel messed-up and probably of a mind to fix it after being used by them.
If anything, people with low CHA and good looks are the rarest, since people with naturally good looks are given fewer social repercussions while growing up, which makes them much less prone to isolation and more likely to develop good social skills.
>>
>>49833171
the rules don't cover have monowhips in fingertip compartments (ten), while dual-wielding assault rifles, with hand blades, razors, AND spurs extended
>>
>>49832843
Charisma is stuff like personallity and force of will.

More importantly its not a physical attribute.
>>
>>49833171
Tailored Pheromones work not because they make you look more attractive
they weaken the other person and make your words sway them more, due to the pheromones subconsciously influencing them

>>49833194
>up to magical stuff
but they are not magical
neither of them have any magical powers or qualities by default
Oni get Striking Skin Pigmentation and Fangs
Hobgoblins get Poor Self Control and Fangs
they simply are far more convincing, self-assured and dominating

>>49833206
>It's getting people to do what you want
This
>>
>>49833194
Charisma is more then that though.

A high charisma orc isnt merely a handsome human looking orc, it is a orc who can convince you that all the things you heard about orks is true and that if you fire that gun your corpse will be so sodimized and badly destroyed that you really should just run away right here because we wont be able to catch you.
>>
Why do people always use vans and not trucks?
>>
>>49833662
Because trucks are for Canadians and southern Americans.
>>
File: trucks_in_natural_environment.jpg (67KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
trucks_in_natural_environment.jpg
67KB, 1280x720px
>>49833720
I'm just saying, one unmarked truck can instantly become a highly mobile roadblock.

Two can effectively become a deadly trap.
>>
>>49832420
>5.5 inches
lol
>>
>>49833662
Because trucks require a different licences to drive while a van is just a basic license.
>>
>>49833275
Metatype expression is guided by background magic levels. Therefore, they are magic. QED
>>
>>49833792

Just googled it. the ACTUAL human average is 5 inches.
>>
File: Are you even trying.png (14KB, 647x164px) Image search: [Google]
Are you even trying.png
14KB, 647x164px
>>49834646
>>
File: south-park-penis-size.jpg (23KB, 425x236px) Image search: [Google]
south-park-penis-size.jpg
23KB, 425x236px
>>49834692
Did they measure by the balls or by the base?
>>
>>49833662
Because as statted vans are a hell of a lot cheaper for vastly superior durability, and they tend to have better onboard gadgets as well.
>>
>>49834692
I bet they don't even use the official adjusted penis length, T.M.I.
>>
>>49834692

Yeah, Global Average is 5 inches.

American average is 5.6.

I did my calculations on 5.5.

But, to answer your Image name, no, I wasn't really trying. kinda just worked off the top of my head with some basic google searches.
>>
>>49834727
>>49834741
>penis measuring is a science

You learn something new everyday..
>>
>>49834780

It's a "Science". Honestly, its pretty bullshit, because there are so many other factors that aren't as simple as "It is this long." Hell, I know a guy who's got a weird shaped dick that's about 1 inch wide at the base, but almost 2 inches wide near the head.

But, yeah. I doubt we'll ever get a good accurate answer, but 5.5 seems a good number to use.
>>
Anybody use Seattle Scream? Is it any good?
>>
File: We_jensen_now.png (28KB, 371x174px) Image search: [Google]
We_jensen_now.png
28KB, 371x174px
>>
>>49834815
>Hell, I know a guy who's got a weird shaped dick
Why do you know this
>>
>>49835236
>not helping the teacher during penis inspection day
>>
>>49835254
I have some news for you, anon
>>
>>49835236

Had a 3 way with a chick in college. I'm also only guessing measurements, but it was a very obvious difference.
>>
>>49835254
What a way to find out you were molested as a child.
>>
File: Troll Mage Hand.jpg (20KB, 285x358px) Image search: [Google]
Troll Mage Hand.jpg
20KB, 285x358px
>>49825094
>>49832201
Trolls can tank a fair amount of drain. It's just ruinous to make a Troll mage because you need to pump WIL, BOD, and whatever their regular drain stat is (which tends to be shittier than the equivalent of other metatypes), also get good MAG, and pay the troll toll.

I think Elf Shaman still stands as the simplest way to consistently have a great die pool for taking drain (and you get really good at spirits to boot), though a troll who can swing a huge magic dick around a couple of times before his head asplodes is still useful.
>>
File: Dwarf PI.jpg (253KB, 1600x999px) Image search: [Google]
Dwarf PI.jpg
253KB, 1600x999px
>>49833152
Without magic, you're definitely going to want some money for gear. It may be an armoured coat from 2053, a set of B&E tools cobbled together from Radio Shack, and a Citroën, but it's something to give you flexibility. SR is a game where having gear is very important. You could go A attributes, B skills, C nuyen, D metatype, E magic.
>>
>>49825094
Should point out that overcasting doesn't exist in 5th. You can choose to cast Recklessly which allows you to cast a spell as a Simple Action but adds +3 to the Drain and makes that Drain Physical. Casting a spell that gets more hits than your Magic also makes it Physical, but there aren't a lot of circumstances where that'll happen unless you blow Edge.
>>
>>49836628

I thought it was casting a spell with a force higher than your Magic stat that caused drain to be physical, rather than just getting more hits than your magic.
>>
>>49836696
Nope. Your Force acts as a Limit, so if you cast a spell at Force 6 with 6 MAG, you can't get more than six hits. This means you can never take physical Drain from it, barring standing in the middle of a manastorm or somesuch.

>If the number of hits (not net hits) you get (after applying the limit or Edge spending) exceeds your Magic rating, the spell’s Drain is Physical instead of Stun damage.

The BENEFIT to this is that if you want to spend reagents to push that Limit higher, you can benefit from the reduced Drain of a low-Force spell.
>>
>>49836842

So, i can cast a spell at force 12, and if I only get 5 hits, its still stun damage?
>>
>>49836889
Correct, but you'll have to soak that 12+Whatever Force as Drain.
>>
>>49819473

I don't have enough essence left for that, and not enough money to replace my wife's reflexes and control rig with delta wear so was to open up a hole big enough for more cyberware
>>
>>49820974

Kekkels what are you doing?
>>
>>49832493

Probably for the sake of drama.
>>
>>49832722

Take care Lulu, sweet thing.
>>
>>49838286
Why on earth do you have a control rig AND wired reflexes? Are you trying to be a rigger and street sam at the same time?
>>
>>49833757
>I'm just saying, one unmarked truck can instantly become a highly mobile roadblock.
>Two can effectively become a deadly trap.

Like how Desperado PMC trapped the African President's limo in the first level of Metal Gear Rising: Revengence
>>
>>49838385
Almost exactly like that!
>>
>>49838380

Possibly, yes.

Our characters are starting off as new to shadow running and growing into it, but from backgrounds that give them SOME skills to build from.

My character is a former expert Wheelman and somewhat less expert muscle for a gang.

We are using 4e and this is my first time ever building a character for shadowrun.
>>
>>49838385
Is the example the roadblock or the trap?
>>
File: 1475285300100.jpg (94KB, 573x960px) Image search: [Google]
1475285300100.jpg
94KB, 573x960px
/srg/ I need ideas for human metavariants.
>>
>>49838380

do you have any advice for how to build a character up along a driver/physical combatant combination over time?
>>
Hover-disk legs are based.

>>49821309
Is her bed ontop of a server farm?

>>49838941

I love that depiction of a tactical'd c96 m712 schnellfeuer. (even if it is actually an airsoft gun someone modded to use as a prop and not a real m712)
It's so bad it's good. [if only the picatinny rail below the square barrel shroud was a non-reciprocating piece you could mount a vertical foregrip to]
>>
File: MG_7785-753921.jpg (340KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
MG_7785-753921.jpg
340KB, 1500x1000px
>>49839130
Me too.

Post pictures of real life guns that work in SR.
>>
>>49839274

is that an anti-tank rifle?
>>
File: 1475281339049.jpg (72KB, 1000x565px) Image search: [Google]
1475281339049.jpg
72KB, 1000x565px
>>49839502
It's a standard AK action but scaled up to 50 caliber.
>>
>>49839502
>Anti-tank rifle
>Post WW2
Those don't exist anon.
>>
>>49839502
Anti-materiel rifle prototype. Bullets simply aren't powerful enough anymore to threaten a real tank those days.
>>
File: Denel-NTW-20-image_(1).jpg (40KB, 1200x374px) Image search: [Google]
Denel-NTW-20-image_(1).jpg
40KB, 1200x374px
>>49839532
>>
>>49839532
>>
File: AK_PrototypesAB.jpg (61KB, 572x864px) Image search: [Google]
AK_PrototypesAB.jpg
61KB, 572x864px
>>49839566
>>
File: IMG_0222..jpg (263KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0222..jpg
263KB, 480x640px
>>49839566
Oh my god. The top one and the bottom ones get me so hard.
>>
File: P1280532-900x601.jpg (204KB, 900x601px) Image search: [Google]
P1280532-900x601.jpg
204KB, 900x601px
>>49839584
On a scale of 1-tacticool, how hard do your runners operate?
>>
>>49839130
It's a kotatsu!
>>49839081
I'm not super great at 4e char-op, but generally speaking, you need to decide where you want to have the most IPs and how you want to use them. Trying to do multiple things is rarely going to make for a great time, bar some specific shenanigans (Technomancer rigger can be super good at this). You don't need to be a rigger in order to be a wheelman, and unless your GM is good at generating content that takes advantage of your specific skillset, it's one that will largely be glossed over anyway.
>>
File: life-is-like-a-box-of-ammo.jpg (17KB, 264x264px) Image search: [Google]
life-is-like-a-box-of-ammo.jpg
17KB, 264x264px
>>49839593

One has a beat up Remington pumpshotgun and a couple of throwaway pistols, and some ceramic knives

Another has ninja knives (they are an action manga ninja styled physical adept) and a police surplus sidarm.

The third has a bladerunner pistol.

So where would that put our party fall on your chart?
>>
File: maxresdefault (3).jpg (422KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (3).jpg
422KB, 1920x1080px
>>49840098
Regular/10

What do you mean Bladerunner pistol?
>>
>>49839532
is that a helical magazine equipped machine pistol with a televising bolt?
>>
File: Deckard's pistol.jpg (82KB, 640x327px) Image search: [Google]
Deckard's pistol.jpg
82KB, 640x327px
>>49840111
Something like this, I suppose.
>>
File: danuvia-1.jpg (62KB, 1200x540px) Image search: [Google]
danuvia-1.jpg
62KB, 1200x540px
>>49840128
Apparently.

>>49840142
I mean, what gun is it representing? Stat wise.
>>
>>49840111
Nice Trips!

>What do you mean Bladerunner pistol?

here you go.

https://youtu.be/ITiJkdL5QEQ

>>49840146
>I mean, what gun is it representing? Stat wise.

hang I'll ask the player.
>>
>>49840128
Indeed, the VD.01. Hungarian prototype that had a very small run 20 years ago.
>>
>>49840146

stat wise its a Ruger Super Warhawk
>>
>>49840171
>Indeed, the VD.01. Hungarian prototype that had a very small run 20 years ago.

can you link me some sources of info on this that are in English?
>>
File: MatebaAutoRevolver6in.jpg (44KB, 696x419px) Image search: [Google]
MatebaAutoRevolver6in.jpg
44KB, 696x419px
>>49840281
http://www.hungariae.com/DanuVD.htm

Best I can find in English.
>>
>>49832722
see john wick
>>
>>49840292

thank you very much
>>
File: MarquardtGun.jpg (146KB, 2000x625px) Image search: [Google]
MarquardtGun.jpg
146KB, 2000x625px
I could see a future version of this fitting in shadowrun
>>
>>49840380
>>49840171
>>49839532

We need to figure out how to get Ian at Forgotten Weapons to wherever the remaining prototypes of these things are.
>>
What shotgun ammo should I use for my LeMat?
>>
>>49840685
>What shotgun ammo should I use for my LeMat?

you are using some kind of top break cartridge using revolver inspired by the LeMat with it's central shotgun barrel?
>>
>>49840739

Yes the LeMat 2072 in HT.
>>
>>49840739
Hard Targets. It's a LeMat.
>>
>>49840739
No, there's literally a gun called the LeMat 2072 in Hard Targets.
>>
>>49840739
Replace the default flechette round by a handloaded APDS round.

You only have one shot, make it count!
>>
File: underground stairs tunnel.jpg (791KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
underground stairs tunnel.jpg
791KB, 1920x1200px
>>49840758
>>49840753
>>49840756
> Hard Targets

Which edition of shadowrun?
>>
>>49840801
5e
>>
>>49840871
Ah, that explains it.

4e is the only edition I know anything about.
>>
Concepts HOOOOOOOO!
>>
>>49841132

>bard

Mysadept of the Shinto tradition. Perform (Shamisen) out the ass, and a lot of points in conjuring and binding.

When he's not running, he lives a simple life playing his shamisen to preform for the people and the spirits. On a run, he uses Spells for Crowd Control and Subdual methods (no offensive spells, he does not feel comfortable using his own energy to harm others), And uses his spirits for anything that needs Lethal force.

Quasi Pacifist, as he doesn't like bringing harm, but does view the Spirits he summons as separate entities, and the Kami work on a different playing field, so them bringing harm to people is different than him doing it.

Alright, the spirit part needs some work, but this is all off the top of my head.
>>
Guys, I have a quest for you - sell me on the scenario and rules (Anarchy). I love medieval fantasy, I love future themes, but for the love of God I can't like the mix of them (shadowrun). Help me, please! Our forever DM wants to start a campaign and I don't have the slightest idea what to do - and if I want to play it...
>>
>>49841471

I can't make you love shadowrun. But, if you wish to play, due to loving both of the separate themes, I can try to lead you to a place of loving it.

so, first: Shadowrun is NOT medieval fantasy. Its Cyberpunk with Magic. This is something I had to get over fast, quick, and in a hurry.

Second: Shadowrun is more than the sum of its parts. Its an experience where you can make whatever kind of character however you want.

Rather than giving you a goal and setting you on one path of getting there, Shadowrun gives you a Map, two points (Start and finish) and you fill in the blanks inbetween.

Pretty awesome stuff can occur as a result. It offers lots of creativity, and if your forever GM is a good one (I don't know), then you have so many options at your disposal.

Learning the system is gonna be a bitch at first. I know it is. But, just try to sit through with it and follow along as best you can.

Eventually shadowrun will spoil you and you won't want to do anything else.
>>
File: robber_barons.jpg (72KB, 822x552px) Image search: [Google]
robber_barons.jpg
72KB, 822x552px
Is their a way for a mage to steal someone else's body on shadowrun 4e or would I need to work out how that would work with the GM?

One of my backup characters in case my current one dies is the sort who would totally do that to get around the onset of a terminal or crippling condition, or the onset of age if they could not afford or get access to leonization.

>>49841132

Tencho Viking would be a street sam and former nordic pirate. Replacement for a dead character in a game that's been going on for a while. 6 months to a year at least

Came to wherever the game is taking place after hitting the jackpot and deciding to leave northern Europe behind for warmer pastures where he could escape some of the entanglements of his past and find new fun.

He's the sort to live life to the fullest and would have died young and left a hard corpse if he wasn't both lucky and good.

>>49841317

I like this.
>>
>>49841471
What systems did you try so far, and did you enjoy them?
>>
>>49841548
>Is their a way for a mage to steal someone else's body on shadowrun 4e
As in "your soul in their body"? Nope

Only Shedim can do that if you astrally project
and let me tell you, playing a shedim is even more out than playing a blood mage or insect shaman

Also:
>Technoviking
>not Social Adept with some attack powers
>>
>>49841132
They have a normal 9-5 job and seem outwardly to be a regular enough person. Despite this they have no actual normal friends, family, or other normal contacts. They live in a concrete basement apartment and spend all their nuyen on guns. They run the shadows at night and spend their off days working out or practicing with their fire arms. They're actually a mysadept with the Shark totem, and run the shadows just to indulge a compulsion to kill in a way that presents a challenge.
>>
>>49841536
I guess one of my problems with it is the open character creation. I don't care much about GURPS, nor I did enjoy Elder Scrolls game line. I feel I get lost on what to do. I'm having the same kind of problem with M&M (3rd), another campaign we'll start.

Also, I don't seem to like Orcs and Trolls as beings in the civilized world as they're portrayed in Shadowrun. I still think they're XP material. Looks shoehorned to me, you know?

>>49841585
I've played a lot of stuff since 2003... I must say I enjoyed D&D (3.5 and 4th), Dark Heresy line, the last Star Wars line and Margaret Weiss' Marvel the most.
I've also played GURPS (3rd and 4th), World of Darkness (3rd and 4th), Riddle of Steel, M&M (2nd), Leverage, Scion (using Smallvile for rules), SAGA, 13th Age, Feng Shui (2nd), Nova Praxis, Cthulhutech, Savage Worlds, Deadlands (1st), Iron Kingdoms (last ed), Lo5R (3rd and 4th), Marvel Universe RPG (that one from 2000s, without dice) and Warcraft d20. Probably played other stuff as well, but can't remember.
>>
>>49841696
I doubt you've really played WoD, with the "edition numbers" you give.
The oWoD was a general setting that was never released as a whole "edition", and each game had its own editions (1st, 2nd and Revised in the cases of Vampire, Werewolf and Mage; other games like the oddly mismatched Changeling: the Dreaming and the horrifying abortion Mummy: the Resurrection were cut short early).
The nWoD was released as a complete game, which mainly served to sell more books and go completely berserk with the crossovers despite the team claiming they'd try to clean up after the 2nd editions of many oWoD games. The second edition of the nWoD has been released (renamed Chronicles of Darkness to avoid lawsuits now that the game series has completely changed focus from horror-action to ham-handed social commentary), but it's a bleeding mess.

On the topic of Shadowrun, you seem stuck in the D&D mindset of "XP material" and wanting closed character creation despite the games you claim to have enjoyed. If you feel lost, you don't have enough practice in using your imagination or feel obliged to correspond to a clear role - I've seen both in many players who come straight from Pathfinder. You start with a concept, then build around it, instead of starting with a build or splat and then making a character that fits with the stats.
>>
>>49841696
When making a character you should ask yourself
>What should my character do well/what is his role? Is he a combat specialist, sent in when SHTF? Is he a negotiator, able to procure gear with ease and getting the most from every run? Is he a decker, opening doors and locks, gaining info through searching the matrix, or does he get rough and use the environment to his advantage by controlling turrets, sprinklers and lights and hacking the enemy?
>What should he do okay? This is usually where the Character is fleshed out. What kind of knowledge has he? What are his hobbies? who does he know and what is he unable to do?
>What is something he can do mediocre? Last touches

From there on you create your character. At the end you should have at least 12 dice in what you do well, 9 dice in his secondary specialties and 6 dice in the rest

If you use 4e or 5e you better use Chummer/Chummer5 respectively. I guess it is the reason that 90% of us can even make characters. Rulebooks are in the OP Pastebin

Try to make characters yourself. If you afterwards have problems post your character sheet here. There are usually a few chummers around to help you with it.

Also:
>I still think they're XP material
Orks and Trolls in SR are as much XP material as the other Metatypes: I.e. not at all
In SR you don't get Karma (the XP equivalent) depending on how many enemies you killed. You only get Karma for completing runs.
You can do a milkrun and kill dozens of people and still get almost no karma.
Or you can finish a big run, kill not a single person, maybe not even be detected, and get a huge amount of it.
In fact killing too many people can seriously hurt you
>>
File: soul transfer.jpg (99KB, 877x912px) Image search: [Google]
soul transfer.jpg
99KB, 877x912px
>>49841642

so evicting someone's soul so your's can have it would be down to making a deal with the devil for that power, or having some kind of horrible Cthulhu artifact or some other form of GM fiat/plot ticket.
>>
>>49842009
Pretty much. On the one hand, it's not difficult to negotiate that kind of power out of a Shedim, if you can get it to listen with, oh, say, the Calling Ritual or the like in 4e. Shedim do have a few obvious things you can offer up to them, and from others even.

On the other hand, it's the kind of thing that gets disparate people against you like few other things. A hundred meter tall sign saying that you're a blood magic using toxic shaman would probably call down less heat.
>>
>>49842009
nope
it's more like
>to evict someones soul and take over their body you have to be an extradimensional horror
it's not just a deal with an elder one, it's you BEING one

and as said, most would throw that idea even faster than you playing a blood mage (you get your power from ritualistically killing people) and insect shaman (you make a deal with a different extradimensional horror, that will use you to get more into this world and eat everyones souls)
>>
>>49819107
fnv dlc dead money holorifle isn't it?
>>
>>49841845
>WoD
Well, I've played Werewolf: The Apocalypse, Mage: The Ascension, Changeling (the last one, forgot the subtitle) and Vampire - both Masquerade and Requiem. I call all but the Requiem one 3rd, and Requiem as 4th ed.

>instead of starting with a build or splat and then making a character that fits with the stats.

and what's your suggestion? I generally have a concept in mind, find in the rules what is closer to it and then create the char. Shadowrun has the rules part to be to broad and generalistic, which is for me a barrier.

>>49841890
Thanks for the tips. This Chummer5 (yep, we're using 5e) will help me a lot!
>>
>>49842139
>Shadowrun has the rules part to be to broad and generalistic, which is for me a barrier.
if you have a concept, try to make a character that fits it. You have to ask

>What is his body and mind
Chose the Attributes and qualities
>What can he do
chose the skills that fit him
>what does he have
chose the gear (cyber-/bioware, weapons, armor, misc., etc.)
>Who would he know
chose appropriate contacts
etc.

Most concepts cant be put in 1:1, So you have to Ask yourself what the core concepts are.

And again, If you have a character done/almost done, but want to get feedback or if you don't know how to put an aspect in, or if you get some other problem with making a character, print the character sheet to pdf and post it here, You will most likely be helped
>>
>>49842226
will do!
>>
>>49842074
Yes.
>>
>>49838380
>Why on earth do you have a control rig AND wired reflexes?
Why on earth wouldn't you? Control Rig + Reaction Enhancers + Wired Reflexes is the standard 'best at driving' combo.
>>
>>49833152
>How viable is it to ditch most if not all money and gear in exchange for abilities primarily, and skills secondarily?
Viable, as long as you're not under the delusion that you get to be good at combat.
>>
File: showtime_by_tiger1313-d7rytay.jpg (208KB, 1200x1078px) Image search: [Google]
showtime_by_tiger1313-d7rytay.jpg
208KB, 1200x1078px
I want to make a streetsam that usually only bioware, but stuffs them self so full of it they almost become a cyberzombie. Is that viable in 5e?
>>
>>49842040
>On the other hand, it's the kind of thing that gets disparate people against you like few other things. A hundred meter tall sign saying that you're a blood magic using toxic shaman would probably call down less heat.

Does using such a ritual leave obvious signs on the user or their aura where anybody with magic or arcane knowledge can go "of you've made a deal with Shedim and need to die"?
>>
>>49842598
Its actually kind of difficult to fill yourself with Bioware to hit below 1 Ess without using Used ware.
>>
File: Iron_monger.jpg (706KB, 800x1067px) Image search: [Google]
Iron_monger.jpg
706KB, 800x1067px
How to make troll sized powered exoskeleton armor for rigger dwarf to drive?
>>
>>49842598
>Is that viable in 5e?
Sure. Start with maximum synaptic booster, maximum muscle toner, maximum muscle enhancement, maximum bone density augmentation, maximum orthoskin, and then a pain editor and platelet factories. Striking calluses to stack up with your bone density, symbiotes to boost your healing, and sensory enhancements. Start adding in orthoskin upgrades too.

Before too long, you should start feeling the essence crunch, especially if you go with Used for the easier affordability and availability.
>>
>>49842660
Get a Juggernaut, give it a Rigger Cocoon and Increased Seating to make it internal, and voila.
>>
>>49842724

Woot
>>
>>49842612
Making a Spirit Pact (probably some kind of variation on the standard Power Pact, giving a use of the Posession Power, but probably only one, so prepare your target well) will leave a mark that can be assensed.

And if anyone memorized your aura (not too hard to do) and saw it in another body, well, they're going to know something really bad's up.

Also, in addition, if the Sheddim dies, you die. The same happens in reverse, but you probably care less about that scenario than if you'd made a Life Pact (trade 1 karma to heal 2 boxes of phys) or a Drain Pact.
>>
>>49842764
>you probably care less about that scenario than if you'd made a Life Pact (trade 1 karma to heal 2 boxes of phys) or a Drain Pact.

wouldn't you care more?
>>
How would you feel if a player came up to you with a prebuilt character from one of the books? Would you allow them to use it, or would you insist that they make their own character?
>>
>>49842711
>>49842627
Neat. So if I don't use all Used I should be able to save enough space for stuff like a smartlink right?

Also, what would you call someone like that? Not a cyberzombie, because they aren't actually chromed up.
>>
>>49842800
Well, this is about as big a dodge death thing as a Formula Pact (gives you Immunity to Age, gives the spirit immunity to being summoned with any copy of that Formula you were infused with, most obvious of the pacts, also you can be used as that formula the spirit's otherwise immune to), and the other two are more naked power grabs, you were already putting your life on the balance.
>>
>>49842800
nah, if you're in a life pact it just means that you don't get regeneration and have to heal like all the mundanes
with a drain pact you just can't cast that high

>>49842827
I'd tell them that we don't play low power and that they should make a capable character

>>49842832
Biozombie? Frankensteins Monster?
>>
>>49842832
Well, they still have Essence over 0, so they're not needing magic rituals to keep their souls from scramming.

But if you did get that much bio, I'd call the guy an Adam or a Vic, depending on which Frankenstein you thought was the real monster.
>>
>>49842862
well the patchwork man was Adam
but the monster was Victor
>>
>>49842852
>making somebody invest hours of character creation into a game that likely won't make it to the third session
You're a cruel man, Mr. Anonymous.
>>
>>49842984
The precreated characters are actual garbage, because they were created before the game was finished and apparently not playtested. They aren't even created completely legally, and had to be errated.
>>
>>49842984
>hours of character creation
what?
I usually need ~10 minutes for a character, given a concept
otherwise I need between 15 minutes and 2 weeks for getting a concept
>>
>>49843040
Not all of us are proficient at churning through multiple Shadowrun games like you.
>>
>>49819154

>Not going for flesh and gene mods only.

What are you, a metal detector springing casual?
>>
File: 1415584347119.jpg (26KB, 640x636px) Image search: [Google]
1415584347119.jpg
26KB, 640x636px
>>49843059
>>
>>49842862
That would be implying that people in 2074 would know that the doctor was Victor Frankenstein and that the reanimated man was named Adam.

And I don't know that many people who know that IRL.
>>
File: mountain of cow skulls.jpg (2MB, 4659x3907px) Image search: [Google]
mountain of cow skulls.jpg
2MB, 4659x3907px
>>49842984

use da freakin chargen program called CHUMMER to streamline the process
>>
File: 1471393000773.png (355KB, 783x1094px) Image search: [Google]
1471393000773.png
355KB, 783x1094px
>>49843132
They'd probably just call them Franks.

What would someone with that much bioware look like? Would it be really obvious?
>>
>>49842832
It would be called a cyberzombie, because the process still requires cybermancy.
>>
>>49843166
Already done.
>>
>>49842598
You'll be a little squishier than a normal street sam since you won't be getting any armor dice from cyberlimbs.
>>
>>49843180
Have you ever seen a plastic flower? It's like that, it looks human but has absolutely nothing related to humanity involved in it. You look perfectly normal and completely fake at the same time.
>>
>>49843132
All it takes is one smugly knowing asshole in the right place/time....

>>49843180
I'd say it'd depend on some of the addons. Like, with the Sharkskin (because they wanted Reach 2 with unarmed, 3 as a troll), Chemical Repulsion, and Sealskin mods, there's definitely something off, but that guy's invisible compared to one that was made with a thagomizer tail.

(I guess the more animal trait having Franks would be called Moreaus?)
>>
>>49843423
I was thinking something like >>49842711. Just raw attribute boosting, nothing too specialized or far from the human baseline in terms of outline.

Also, yeah probably. Though that reference might be just a touch too arcane for a post-crash world.
>>
>>49843454
I'm pretty sure that somebody would go and remake a bunch of old flatvids as full on sims.

Hell, they might even manage to make The Tingler scary that way. It'd be leagues better (or worse) than Percepto! was.
>>
>>49842040
>>49842764
>>49842846

what books outside 4e core do i need for this?
>>
>>49843510
I think that the 4e equivalent book is called Street Magic. So that one. There may be others, but I mostly passed on 4e purchases. (I only have the non-core stuff because I had said I'd run if given some books, and one of the people gave me a gift.)
>>
>>49843486
Fair enough. Isn't it mentioned somewhere that someone remade Predator as a trid?
>>
File: Wood Chipper Accidents.jpg (16KB, 440x294px) Image search: [Google]
Wood Chipper Accidents.jpg
16KB, 440x294px
>>49818981

In this era of cybernetic and engineered parts and trolls with inbuilt armor, what body disposal methods have replaced the once trusty wood chipper for portable corpse destruction?
>>
>>49843565
Yep. Manhunt or Manhunter and it's in the description of Ruthenium Polymer Coating in Run and Gun I want to say.

(Had to look up the full name of Ruthenium Polymer Coating in Chummer while I'm using it. Made the guess on my own.)
>>
>>49843584
sell the chrome to a street doc and feed what's left over to a ghoul or a pack of devil rats
>>
>>49843584
The Dustoff and the Medicart are also useful for disposal in a different way.

Nobody looks too hard at one of those with a 'critical' patient. And if the patient dies, well, unless you were close to the patient, you're not looking too close at where it's going, right?
>>
>>49843601

That's effective and financially wise, but rather situational.

When you need that dead body of evidence gone in a hurry though what's the best option?
>>
How much would you say a dog costs, in nuyen? I want to have a cyber-mutt that my character got during their ganger days as an extra-badass watchdog. I can always fall back on a Hellhound if I have to, but I'd prefer not to.
>>
>>49843706
I thought you knew, you can't buy a dog in 5e :^)
>>
File: CritterTable1.0.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
CritterTable1.0.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>49843706
This is about the closest you're going to get, and even this isn't really super great about it.
>>
>>49843166
Those are bison skulls, not cow.
>>
>>49843584
If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
>>
>>49843741
He's an idiot who blitzes through character creation in SR and thinks chummer is the end-all be-all of things, do you really expect him to be capable of identifying skull types?
>>
>>49843759
Oh no, it's really hard to tell the skulls apart. You know they're bison because of where that photo comes from. (Attempts to drive bison extinct in order to starve native americans.)
It's usually shown in museums and shit cuz it's really striking.
>>
>>49843791
My point stands.
>>
>>49843706
Get a Dog Shifter as a combined Contact and Dependent. Maximum loyalty, but with basically nonexistent Connection. As long as you keep providing room, board, and affection, they'll do anything, even die for you.

You can have several side-runs getting him established in the underworld in order to get his Connection score somewhere more useful, and to keep him from dragging his jobless ass all over the house while you're away on runs.
>>
>>49843584
A stronger woodchipper.

Honestly most people just sell the body.
>>
>>49842832
>Not a cyberzombie, because they aren't actually chromed up
Cyberzombie is the term for a cybermantic subject, irrelevant of whether the subject is full of chrome, bioware, geneware, or any combination thereof.
>>
>>49843584
Now here's a question.
What kind of Wireless Bonusâ„¢ could a cyberwoodchipper get?
>>
>>49844080

Up to date medical research on the biology of the thing its chipping, and determine the fastest and most efficient way to chip the thing, based on weight, height, and metatype.
>>
>>49843584
>In this era of cybernetic and engineered parts and trolls with inbuilt armor, what body disposal methods have replaced the once trusty wood chipper for portable corpse destruction?
Chop shops. You want to dispose of a body quick, easy, and with no questions asked? You bring the body to a 'clinic' specializing in removing organs and 'ware from corpses for black market resale. They'll make your problem disappear with no questions asked, and will even give you a bit of money for the privilege.

>>49844080
>What kind of Wireless Bonusâ„¢ could a cyberwoodchipper get?
It'd function as an autodoc, but only for the purposes of removing organs and 'ware from the subject. Makes for easier transportation and resale. Everything else gets mulched.
>>
>>49844080
The fancy cyberwoodchipper separates cyberware from flesh, then scans the cyberware for estimated total value.
>>
>want to basically be a cyber-cat(balancing tail, digitigrade legs, etc)
>can't also have wired reflexes
Cram's good enough, right?
>>
>>49844191
Drugs are always good enough. In the short term. Remember that Cram is for long term don't think you'll need more situations, Jazz is for emergencies and/or expecting heavy resistance, and Kamikaze is for when you must fight as well as you possibly can.

Also, thread, for some NPCs that may have been raised in an awakened-murder-implant-taking cult (that should tell you how off his rocker the leader was), anyone want to posit interesting 'ware combinations for them to have?
>>
>>49844246
Adrenaline pump and pain editor overcaster mages.
>>
>>49844278
Pain Editor's out (other than the nominal leader) as it's cultured, and so can't really be taken out of somebody else and work right. May have some with abnormally large essence holes, though.
>>
>>49844191
>basically be a cyber-cat
You mean a furry?
or a bastet?
because I don't know which is worse
>>
>>49844246
Platelet Factories, by RAW, will reduce any drain that's 2+ Physical by 1 Physical.
>>
>>49844313
Oh no, nothing that severe. Just cat-like things, like the aforementioned gear. To climb around and stuff like that.
>>
>>49843645
>>49843601
>>49844098

This having people who will pay you for bodies and make them disappear is very nice

But what do you do with the victim's comlink and any other devices or implants on them that may be traceable, broadcast a signal that can be tracked, or be set by the police contractors in the area to start transmitting what their cameras or microphones pick up so that the police can collect evidence on what happened with the missing or known to have been freshly attacked or murdered person you are trying to get away with having murdered?

Not everyone you kill is going to be a poorfuck with no comlink or other device that can turn into a snitch or evidence against you.

Obviously often you can just smash a comlink, or wipe it if you have a hacker/technomancer, but when you are killing people and don't want to get caught it pays to have multiple ways to cover the important task of not getting caught.
>>
>>49844379
Given that most representation of that bit of technical blood magic involved heavy bleeding from the nose and other areas that imply nasty bleeding in places you don't want it, well, that's a bit appropriate that it works RAW.

Also, any less militarized 'ware suggestions? I'm also thinking that there'd be a lot of cyber-eyes and synthetic limbs among the group, as well as cosmetic stuff.
>>
Can tobacco be my addiction in 5e? Alcohol is listed as a common addiction.
>>
>>49844480
By the time it took you to think of all that you're fucking dead and I've already sold your body to a street doc, chummer.
>>
>>49844480
Jammer (either the device or just somebody with a good Attack and Electronic Warfare) will help with keeping stuff silent.

Heck, if you can manage to swing a backup-deck (the Radioshack is probably best for this, being cheap, legal, and you can modify a 1 away to get a 3, which you can then program mod to 4) then you may want to use it as a jammer while you crank up your real deck's noise reduction and just slowly fry those things.
>>
>>49844548
What?
>>
>>49844480
>what do you do with the victim's comlink and any other devices or implants on them that may be traceable
You mean everything, right? Because the list of items most people have with a wireless computer of some description is 'everything'. Corporations & nations aren't specifically mentioned to be able to treat their citizens' registered digital Ownership as their own, but I wouldn't exactly be surprised.

The generic answer is, "Take one body armour bag, mod it with universal mirror material high rated enough for your game, and fill it with gear. Then have a faraday cage somewhere to store it all."

As a bonus, you now have armour to slap on an extraction target, complete with handles for the troll.
>>
>>49844541
>just slowly fry those things
Keep in mind you can only do that while they're active and online.
>>
>>49844080
Immediatly void its warranty when it detects a dead body inside it.
>>
>>49844600
High enough noise to knock out the wireless bonus won't save a tag from being fried because they're (probably) still in wireless handshake rage.

Unless the decker's just that bad, but in that case why'd you hire Trout's cousin?
>>
File: disposing of the body.jpg (253KB, 1280x851px) Image search: [Google]
disposing of the body.jpg
253KB, 1280x851px
>>49844541

(am playing 4e if that is relevant)

Thank you for your words of widsom.

I am playing a character who was a career criminal of the sort who had to deal with disposing of the bodies of those he or his fellow gang members killed.
So I'm trying to think of how he would have done this in his days before becoming a shadow runner. (he is not a hacker nor a technomancer)

Given the setting of shadowrun, The old criminal standby's of quicklyme, shallow graves, burning someone in a metal barrel with diesel fuel in it, or dissolving corpses in acid, and cement shoes, seemed a bit dated and insufficient on their own. So that is why I am picking your brains for thoughts and ideas.

So even if he is not a hacker or a technomancer, he would know that comlinks optimized and equipped for jamming would be a thing to have (then the money is available to own such a thing) alongside disposable comlinks used till they need to be ditched to avoid being traced to much. Yes?
>>
>>49844080
>>49844097
>Up to date medical research on the biology of the thing its chipping, and determine the fastest and most efficient way to chip the thing, based on weight, height, and metatype.

>>49844098
>It'd function as an autodoc, but only for the purposes of removing organs and 'ware from the subject. Makes for easier transportation and resale. Everything else gets mulched.

>>49844122
>The fancy cyberwoodchipper separates cyberware from flesh, then scans the cyberware for estimated total value.

I am liking this idea.
>>
>>49844687
Great, now stop posting hypotheticals, it's getting a bit cringy.
>>
>>49844687
Oh, it's you.
>>
>>49844677
You'd buy different things, but IIRC it's still an Electronic Warfare action. I think you may also want some Hacking and a good Attack program so that you can crash any ECCM the other guy may be running. But that might be a thing you can leave to an Agent.
>>
>>49844677
Those "standbys" are mostly movie myths - they're filthy, take ages, require a lot of suspicious or illegal supplies and most don't even completely dispose of the body.
The most efficient and clean method is to wrap the corpse tightly in plastic film, put it in a metal barrel and fill in cement, making sure that everything is covered, and then bury the barrel in the middle of nowhere.
The greatest risk about burying a body is that if any oxygen gets in, the body will rot and release odorous gases, rupture body bags and attract predators, and the best way is to completely seal it off so that aerobic decomposition can't take place.
If you want to be completely sure, use a contact in a fishing harbor or an industrial smelter and have the poor fucker mulched and mixed into the fish feed, or burnt to slags and buried in the backcountry by a corp with extraterritoriality.
>>
>>49844713
The way you frame these posts imply that you are me. I would just like to point out to people that I, as the original poster of >>49844080 am not this clown.
>>
Someone want to do the next thread?
Just so I know if I should do it
>>
>>49845420

I don't have an good op pic ready to go for a shadow run general thread.
>>
>>49844651
>High enough noise to knock out the wireless bonus won't save a tag from being fried because they're (probably) still in wireless handshake rage.
If they're being jammed, they not online, and even if they aren't being jammed, they don't have to be online constantly.
>>
>>49844677
>>49845087
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alkaline_hydrolysis_(death_custom)

Think there might be some way to do this without a genuine chemical cremator?
>>
New Fred when?
>>
NEW THREAD:
>>49846531
>>49846531
Thread posts: 364
Thread images: 62

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.