[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have you been giving your GM, your Players, and especially the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 9

File: fredrogersbig.jpg (20KB, 229x300px) Image search: [Google]
fredrogersbig.jpg
20KB, 229x300px
Have you been giving your GM, your Players, and especially the other /tg/ users the same respect and kindness Mr. Rogers gave you for simply being his neighbor?
>>
>>49776514
C'mon man, don't do this to me. Not today.
>>
No, because much like Mr. Rogers I assumed my fellow man was a good person until I actually got to know him and realize he's an asshole.
>>
>>49776633
You're implying Mr. Rodgers gave up on humanity.

Implications like that are considered heresy around here. but that's ok because Mr. Rodgers still believes you're a good person anyways.
>>
No, no I haven't. Most of the group are indecisive pussies, and I take turns with the other asshole in the group running roughshod all over them and dragging them into shenanigans because lulz. I'm friendly about it, but I still get on them about option paralysis and choosing their option faster. I like these guys and I count them as friends but they need to act more like, y'know, manly men than like talky bitches sometimes.
>>
>>49776514
Yep! I don't talk much, but I generally try to remain nice. I'm just happy to be playing.
>>
>>49776633
Commissar Rogers would like a word with you, guardsman.

he'd like to have a nice talk about improving your outlook
>>
>>49776514
Man, I'm trying, but they're making it tough. They bought their future (fought two bosses at once; killed helpful quest givers before they got the help; etc) and when it killed their characters, I took a lot of the blame for it. I love these idiots, but they're making it super fucking hard. Getting me down a bit, if I'm honest.
>>
I try. I find /tg/ is the easiest though. I look at you all and see a gathering of bright-minded people who are simply amazing. Each and every one of you visits here and helps contribute to the betterment and enjoyment of your hobby, and I find it hard not to respect that. I look back into your history, and I see the astonishing achievements you've made when you all come together, building entire worlds and systems, and I can't help but be even more proud to be a part of this board.

Sure, some of you may be a little forceful with your opinions, but you're probably just having a rough week, and I'm sure you have the board's best interests in mind. Don't be so down on yourself. You're important, you specifically, and I can't wait to see what you create or discuss next. Just do me a solid and don't be so hard on yourself.

Keep on being awesome, and amaze me.
>>
>>49776514
> Mr. Rogers will never be your GM

Feels exceptionally poor
>>
>>49777586
You can't actually believe this, right?
>>
File: c3c.png (110KB, 736x627px) Image search: [Google]
c3c.png
110KB, 736x627px
>>49777821
I hope he does. I do. This is nice board.
>>
>>49777856
Nicest board on 4chan. We're all from Mos Eisley and everyone else's from Nar Shaddah.
>>
>>49777821
I do, and I'm sure Mr. Rogers would do. We should all remember that every post on here represents a real, thinking person, and that odds are, they're probably dealing with a lot, and this is their place to enjoy themselves. Let's make a goal to contribute to /tg/ in a way that would make Mr. Rogers proud, and remind others to do the same.
>>
>>49776633
You assume Mr. Rodgers was somehow blind to the cruel inhumanities of man. He was not. He saw people in pain, and he felt exactly as much pain for them.
He did not belive mankind was perfect. Yet, he belived we could be.
>>
>>49778606
Hell, I'm sure even on /pol/ most of the posters are just frustrated, angry young guys taking advantage of anonymity, and the actual maniacs are just taking advantage of them in turn.
>>
File: 1428028951834.jpg (2MB, 1136x5000px) Image search: [Google]
1428028951834.jpg
2MB, 1136x5000px
>>49778650
I dream of a board that requires even less moderation than it does now, where people think of users first, and opinions second. I dream of a board that changes the face of 4chan for the better. Ah, I'm probably rambling, but I do honestly believe that if everyone gave just a little much more effort into being more considerate, we'd probably be able to do some amazing things.
>>
>>49778644
>>49778865
I'm with these anons. Let's be the board Mr. Rogers knew we could be.
>>
>>49779250
I agree. Let's be good neighbors.
>>
File: the shepherd.jpg (100KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
the shepherd.jpg
100KB, 1920x1080px
>>49776514
I'm tryin' Ringo. I'm tryin' real hard to be the shepherd.
>>
>>49776514
>in the past eight months have had enough sessions to count on one hand
>group is wondering both why we're not getting things done during our sessions and if we're doomed to break apart
It hurts so badly.
>>
File: 49246d36x962a41eeaba8690.jpg (204KB, 710x475px) Image search: [Google]
49246d36x962a41eeaba8690.jpg
204KB, 710x475px
Sometimes giving up on your fellow man is the best decision you can do.

You can't save them. They've chosen their course and they'll stay with it. Even if it kills them. If you keep at it you'll merely go down with them.

Then when someone else comes along. Someone who actually can be saved. Someone who will appreciate your kindness and will stand up for you and become the kind of person you know they can be- when that person needs you the most where will you be?

Right there next to them? Or drowning to save a lost cause.

Being a good neighbour is as much about picking your battles as it is giving it your all. Mister Rogers was our neighbour on a TV screen and he comforted us but that's all he could do. He could send out a message but he couldn't be there for everyone and when push comes to shove being there is what's really important. There's no doubt in my mind this man wouldn't be there for you if he could but that does not change he is still one man.

Kindness can be limitless but the energy to show and expend that kindness like all things is still limited. You can only do so much with what you have. That is a limitation we must all accept.
>>
File: 1469566191823.png (279KB, 965x714px) Image search: [Google]
1469566191823.png
279KB, 965x714px
>>49776885
>>
>>49779799
>lost cause
there aren't any.
>>
>>49777821
Why not? And as anon said, this is a nice board - have you seen some of the others recently?
>>
>>49780225
This. The moment you've given up on your fellow man, that's the moment he's truly lost.
>>
>>49781934
>>49780225

Dammit you two... not the first guy, but I was about to disband my group. I've changed my mind now. I'm going to talk things out with everyone and decide exactly what we want out of game night. Maybe get a change of pace or a different RPG. Anyway, I'll report back to you guys, but thank you anons, and thank you Mr. Rogers.
>>
>>49782107
Aww that's nice to hear. I hope we get an update.
>>
File: Even Nurgle is appalled.jpg (48KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Even Nurgle is appalled.jpg
48KB, 640x480px
>>49780225
>>49781934
I like your outlook
>>
>>49782564
Really CWC needs two things: his mother being way more restrictive and actually aknowledging that he needs looking after and can't necessarily make certain decisions on his own, and a better therapist.
>>
Yup, I'm so lucky to have my players.
I'm a little sad that one of them will be leaving to Calgary in about a year, but I understand why.
>>
>>49776514
I've been trying. But I am no Mister Rogers.
>>
>>49779799
>giving up on your fellow man is the best decision you can do.
False. You just have to learn to believe in the man capable of saving himself.
>>
Bump for Mr. Rogers. We need more of him in our lives.
>>
File: life.gif (22KB, 980x699px) Image search: [Google]
life.gif
22KB, 980x699px
So, I'm pretty new to 4ch. I've heard the stories about this place everywhere else, like it's a literal apocalyptic trashfire bordered by the skeletal remains of shitposters long forgotten.

Glad to see that most of those assumptions were wrong. Stay classy and intelligent /tg.
>>
>>49779799
For a Kamina poster, that's not very 'Pierce the heavens' of you.
>>
>>49778650
You're good people, anon. Insightful and understanding.
>>
>>49778865
Is this princess: the hopeful
Like where it came from.
>>
I do love the semi-monthly Mr. Roger Threads. Makes my day.
>>
>>49780225
>>49781934
God fucking damn it guys, it doesn't matter whether you drown with them or not; there are lost causes, and it's when they've chosen to give up, nothing to do with you.

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink, no matter how much of it's weight you carry.
>>
>>49788471
Oh, don't worry. There's still plenty of garbage here.
Mr. Rogers just brings out the best in everyone.
>>
>>49792044
Whenever a Huge shitstorm breaks out in a thread we should just post Mr. Rogers face and just remind users that other posters are people too, and that Mr. Rogers would want us to do better.
>>
>>49791700
Until you've done absolutely everything you can for them, and gone to the lengths of reason to help them, and given them your empathy, kindness, and caring, until you've told them you love them as your fellow man. Until you've done all of this for them, you really haven't done everything for them. If even after, they still are unmoved, then you can at least say you tried your best, and can walk away with a clear conscience.
>>
File: gurus.png (3MB, 1694x728px) Image search: [Google]
gurus.png
3MB, 1694x728px
>>49792906
Remember the spark of goodness in all your fellow human beings.

>Mr. Rogers for when you're mad at anons, your RPG-mates, and people in general

>Bob Ross for when you're frustrated with yourself, your arts and endeavors, or when you doubt yourself
>>
>>49793033

An attempt was made: >>49793216
>>
It feels like I'm doing alright (I may need some work with this one kid), but I feel like the specific m/tg/ community needs to stop hating on Frontier/post-modern every time a thread goes up. I mean, I know you dislike it and believe that it's not going to work, but come on, guys, just let us have some fun.

But yeah, other than that, we're doing pretty good.
>>
>>49793224
Holy shit it worked on like three anons.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/GoodFeelsGood
>>
>>49793412
We need to go further. Spam the Virt thread with Mr. Rogers.
>>
>>49777821
>go to /v/
>try to argue about something
>...
>nope.jpg
>come back to /tg/
>what a nice place!
>>
>>49793457
>Spam
No.
>>
>>49793033
Wow. That's awesome. Crazy what putting your best foot foreword can accomplish. Best not spam it though. We don't want it to become a meme and loose it's potency.
>>
>>49793457
Don't ruin the spirit of it, anon.
>>
>>49792948
No one is worth that much of my time
>>
>>49793763
Mr. Rogers would have spent all that time and more if it was you.
>>
>>49793717
>>49793715
>>49793692

Well, the bad news is that he did it. The good news is that it actually may have worked.
>>
>>49776514
If you mean to ask if I would fuck mr. Rogers in the ass, the answer is yes.
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.