[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How did you guys prevent this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 315
Thread images: 44

File: Damn.jpg (827KB, 2404x1260px) Image search: [Google]
Damn.jpg
827KB, 2404x1260px
How did you guys prevent this?
>>
Virt, nobody gives a shit if you post this anymore. It's old, it's tired, and it's little more than bait.
>>
>>49792950
Step 4 never happens
>>
>>49792950
>Shitty stereotypical memes that don't have any basis in reality
Easy, don't make them.
>>
>>49792969
T. Cockslut
>>
I didn't let my hobbies define who I was, therefore I didn't give a shit if the "wrong kind of people" wanted in on my hobby.
>>
First problem with the picture is that the original members put up with the shit for so long instead of kicking people out of the group or not playing at a store
>>
>>49792950
stop at stage 3

don't invite anybody else in.
>>
>>49793023
Oh, so you have no pride. Carry on.
>>
>>49793060

>My sense of identity is defined on the things I do for leisure, not the qualities I develop for my actual life

If you seriously count this as a matter of pride, you deserve to have it all taken away from you.
>>
>>49792992
goddamnit virt just shut the fuck up and go murder your ex or whatever so we never have to deal with your bitch ass ever again
>>
File: 1476508247531-tg.png (3MB, 1694x728px) Image search: [Google]
1476508247531-tg.png
3MB, 1694x728px
Remember the spark of goodness in all your fellow human beings. Remember to strive towards your full potential, and to treat your fellow man with the same respect that our betters would have treated them with.
>>
Don't worry about too much, man.

This is kinda happening to my group of magic players. There's a bunch of casuals, only about four of us know how to fully play the game, sometimes some girls come over and mess around, but I still have fun. Why? Because I don't give a crap. And when I do? I make sure the elite (and some of my other friends who are still casual) are the ones that I invite to my house!

I don't know, I think the worst that can happen to my group is step 5, but then the chads will find out they have better things to do and leave.
>>
>>49792950
Simple, never play with anyone who like CAH or munchkin.

Cuts out 90% of the riff raff right there.

Also stop playing RPGs.
>>
>>49792950
By only playing with your friends.
>>
>>49792950
If this is your honest worldview, you should make some changes in your life.
>>
Answer: By living in the real world, instead of the world of stupid internet memes.
>>
>>49792950
Be the change you want to see in the community, help new players learn the rules and foster earnest love of the hobby in those around you. Just sitting by and complaining solves nothing.

and/or get fucking gud

>>49793060
I dunno, seems like it would take a pretty insecure kind of person to base their identity off of products they consume instead of who they are.
>>
>>49793216
This Anon is right. What are we even arguing about? That we shouldn't let people enjoy our hobbies? You might as well say that more people reading books causes the quality of literature to drop. I'm going to do right by Mr. Rogers and go to bed, and leave these pointless arguments alone. I advise everyone else do the same.
>>
>>49792950

The important thing is to make games as inaccessible as possible, and be hostile to be entreaties. You know how, in the past, it wasn't cool to be a nerd?

That was the only way to keep your community pure. You didn't want attention whores and tumblrites entering it, so you made it as unlikeable to them as possible.

Generally, women are only into things for the attention it garners them. It's why your girlfriend always wants to see what you're playing: She's afraid that your attention isn't solely fixated on her.
>>
>>49793325

I've been playing these games for 35 years, and that is not even remotely how it works. You are one sad, messed up dude.
>>
>>49793339

I'm speaking from personal experience. My girlfriend got very, very uncomfortable whenever I just hung out with my college gaming group. She showed up to one session, played one game, then gave up about an hour in and wandered off.

After that, she kept nagging me to give up the hobby. I mean, it was literally one night a week. We ultimately broke up when she asked me about an open relationship.
>>
>>49793216
This.

>>49793317
And This.
>>
>>49793216
Absolutely. Don't judge someone because of their gender or their appearance. If they show a genuine interest in your hobby, encourage them! And if they find that it isn't their thing, don't take it personally. It doesn't take much to be cordial, and it's fine to find other ways to socialize with your new acquaintances.
>>
>>49792950
Don't eat the redpill
>>
>>49793325
This.

Also kill anyone who says Bazinga.
>>
>>49793373

So you had girlfriend issues, so what? Sometimes you like someone and it turns out it was a mistake. Let it go, don't harp on it or let it color your view of other people.
>>
>>49793406

My point is that this is what women do. I don't hold it against them: it's inherently their nature. But the only way to stop something you love from rotting from the inside is to draw a line and defend it against all comers.

Look at what's happening to Magic: The Gathering, video games, Star Wars, Marvel comics, etcetra. Each time, any attempt to speak up against the creeping tide is derided as racist or misogynistic.
>>
>ITT Virt complains about all the normies triggering his autism

You know that your hobby wouldn't exist without people purchasing it right?
>>
>>49793373
> We ultimately broke up when she asked me about an open relationship.
Jesus anon, I thought those kind of girls were the stuff of memes. Sounds to me like the problem is with your taste in women, not the game itself. My girlfriend lets me do whatever I want, she's just happy she doesn't have to hear me jaw on and on about magic.
>>
>>49792950
/r9k/, your contact with reality is purely tangential.
>>
>>49793417
>this is what women do. I don't hold it against them: it's inherently their nature.

Dude, this is what I was talking about, right here. This is the fucked up, collectivist thinking that you need to let go of. This is the harping on it and letting it color your view of others. It's irrational.
>>
>>49793424

It was really my own fault. I'm Asian, and I was dating a Caucasian woman. There's a clash of values there.
>>
>>49793424
Fat chicks don't count.
>>
>>49793446
>everyone on the internet is as desperate and lonely as I am
No, she's a regular, well adjusted horror-movie loving gal. It becomes much easier to pick up a lady the older you get. The biggest problem is dealing with the constant bullshit that comes with it.
>>
File: 1446271942652.jpg (21KB, 255x234px) Image search: [Google]
1446271942652.jpg
21KB, 255x234px
I'm not sure 40k could ever become truly popular

Right?
>>
>>49793434
Who needs reality when you have MEMES?
>>
File: Fred-rogers.jpg (64KB, 467x352px)
Fred-rogers.jpg
64KB, 467x352px
Does your conduct match what Mr. Rogers would expect of you?
>>
>>49792950
Does someone have the edit where the last panel is "REEEEEEEEEEEE"
>>
File: kindness.jpg (132KB, 620x366px) Image search: [Google]
kindness.jpg
132KB, 620x366px
>>49793526
>>
My friends and I were always dudebros, and now also nerds.

Speaking of, I worked a 16 hour shift came home and slept for 5 hours, woke up to pee. Do I crack open the natty now at 2am and start writing my next campaign, or do I go to bed.
>>
File: Questions.jpg (311KB, 700x698px) Image search: [Google]
Questions.jpg
311KB, 700x698px
>>49793544
>>
File: 1411511864200.png (146KB, 375x424px) Image search: [Google]
1411511864200.png
146KB, 375x424px
>>49792950
I stop at step 4, when women are introduced (at the very least, women who weren't already there when I joined). I still maintain that a previously all-male group radically changes its dynamics when women get involved. By that point I present my ultimatum: either she goes or I go. No ands, ifs or buts.
>Inb4 "LOL HAVE FUN BEING KICKED LOOOSER XDD"
I'd rather not be there when the group crashes and burns.

Before anyone criticizes me, at least acknowledge that men and women are different. Men have their guy things, women have their girl things and it's good that way. When a group of women goes shopping, none of the women are retarded enough to bring their boyfriends. Because that boyfriend would feel bored out of his skull though even in that scenario the presence of a male in a previously all-female group has less of a subversive effect than vice versa.

>>49793050
>Kicking people
You do realize that by stage 4 they're the minority, right? They CAN'T kick people. The last step is tantamount to kicking: they leave and find a different hobby (the only option they have, as the minority).
>>
File: Important.jpg (81KB, 850x400px) Image search: [Google]
Important.jpg
81KB, 850x400px
>>49793553
>>
>>49793417
>Look at what's happening to Magic: The Gathering
Absolutely fucking nothing? We're in Weatherlight Saga 2.0, that's about it. The game is healthier and more developed than ever. They finally got it through their thick skulls to rip out the hideously annoying mechanics and streamline things, and the gme has not suffered in the least.
>>
File: Live.jpg (77KB, 620x329px) Image search: [Google]
Live.jpg
77KB, 620x329px
>>49793564
>>
>>49793560
>>>r/incels
>>
>>49792950
I did nothing; the described events have not occurred, or at least not in a negative or widespread fashion.

Maybe next decade?
>>
File: Duty.jpg (143KB, 640x890px) Image search: [Google]
Duty.jpg
143KB, 640x890px
>>49793584
>>
>>49793560
Anon. There is very simple solution. to your woman problem. Invite two women, so that they again have contest for attention and have to actually play

And:
>they leave and find a different hobby (the only option they have, as the minority).
So because other people enjoy their hobby, they no longer can? I swear there's still a lot of grognards playing tabletop, card games, and wargames these days.
>>
>>49792950
>hanging out with normies
The only way to not fall down a slippery slope, is to not take the first step.
>>
My group consists of girls, guys, military, artists, programmers,etc. I've never had the problem described in OP, then again my friends are all adults
>>
>>49793602
Original and contributive comment. 10/10.

>>49793627
>Women
>Compete for attention
You don't realize how mamalian sexuality functions, do you?

>So because other people enjoy their hobby, they no longer can?
No, it's because the hobby got casualized/sanitized. We have already seen this happen to American comics, which sometimes go as far as directly insulting their core readers. What are these core readers expected to do, other than move on to something different yet comparable (manga, Franco-Belgian comics, webcomics, comics published by smaller companies/independent writers etc.).

The same logic lies behind the core gamers leaving their game: the group has changed to the point where it's no longer recognizable, and the core members have become the minority (so they can't boot anyone). They simply leave in hopes of finding a group that better suits their interests. They're not trying to ruin the casual group (which will most likely fall apart itself), they're simply finding something they enjoy instead of sticking with what they once enjoyed and whining about how it's ruined.
>>
File: Words.jpg (17KB, 236x236px) Image search: [Google]
Words.jpg
17KB, 236x236px
>>49793610
>>
File: Here and Now.jpg (13KB, 300x168px)
Here and Now.jpg
13KB, 300x168px
>>49793706
>>
>>49792950
Simple: We don't have fun.
>>
>>49793694
Comics are not the subject being discussed. The image was clearly referring to tabletop games. And in the case of comics, it was not that sequence of events at all.

Back to tabletops. Casualization implies new content, since cards and paper rulebooks are hard to change.

People still play WHFB. People still play 3.PF. People still play 4e. People still play 2e. People still play dozens of old games.

The grognards don't leave their game. They simply split off into a group of like-minded people, leaving the "normies" behind, essentially leaving things unchanged.
>>
>>49793694
Comics were ruined because of the fucking Iron Man movie being such a hit, leading into the whole MCU hitting the mainstream with meteoric force.
>>
>>49793741
>Comics are not the subject being discussed.
Do you now what comparisons are? Very few things on this planet are 1:1 comparable, but comparisons can be made. And in the comic book industry women were indeed the problem. A very small minority of women, but also an incredibly vocal one. Which leads back to my original point: once women enter a once exclusively male space, it is subverted or destroyed.

>The grognards don't leave their game. They simply split off into a group of like-minded people, leaving the "normies" behind, essentially leaving things unchanged.
True, but that split needs to happen first. And that's exactly what's happening in OPs pic.

>>49793769
Kek, the movies are the only way Marvel is even earning any money nowadays. The comics were already dead by that point. The core readers, losing interest in a medium that constantly backstabs and even insults them, have left in search of other alternatives.
>>
>>49793769
>He things it hasn't been mainstream for years
kek
>>
>>49793439
I'm not your initial conversational partner, but your claims are objectively incorrect. Pre-historic humans were a "tournament" species in regard to sexuality, much like chimps of today. Females craved male attention in order to be the primary recipient of his resources (time, food, mating, etc.). People like you seem to think that these ancient instincts just disappeared when agriculture brought about larger communities. Let me tell you that they fucking didn't. Females overwhelmingly TEND to seek attention, especially over other "competing" women, because that was the best survival method for our tournament species. I only say "tend" because some intelligent females have figured this out and actively resist these instincts. Good for them, but they are a minority. Get over it.

to;dr Science says that the other anon is correct.
>>
>>49793825
It really wasn't, and you don't know what "mainstream" is if you think otherwise. The only acceptable mainstream heroes to talk about were Superman and Batman, and you were allowed to mention but not discuss Wonder Woman, and everyone else was creepy nerd virgin territory.
>>
>>49793860
>Pre-historic humans were a "tournament" species in regard to sexuality
You should shut up as you know nothing about what you're trying to sound smart about. The Game isn't based on anything scientific

>to;dr Science says that the other anon is correct.
Science says nothing of what you're saying either
>>
>>49793860
P.S. There's more or less one published author who will support you, and there's a reason he's persona non grata in bio journals (he falsified data)
>>
>>49792950
>>49793325
>>49793373
>>49793560
>>49793860
Have you tried being gay? I think you need to stop thinking about women so much. It's clearly messing with your head.
>>
>>49793965
>trying
Science is objective. Evolution is objective. Evolutionary behaviour is objective. Science does not go away merely because you dislike what it concludes.
>>49793982
Any scientist with a passing knowledge of evolutionary behaviour will side with my conclusions. That one such person abused science is no concern of mine.
>>
>>49793814
Comics followed a very different death sequence. The comparison does not work.

>Comics dying because the good writers are gone, the cape comics have nothing at all going on, new comics not selling enough to stay alive
>Core audience isn't growing at any decent rate, so the businessmen decide to expand into new audiences
>Release the movies, they're decent, thus big hits
>Incredibly profitable, get the normies in
>Normies include women, dudebros, etc in this case
>cape comics were shit anyways
>SJW blight latches on because it's the new popular thing, begins direct insults to audience, tries to make it a propaganda machine

Comics were killed by businessmen trying to stay afloat (because their core audience didn't really expand much, as comic books are not as innately social as things like tabletops), with the normies coming later, wheras the progression of the OP describes the 'core audience' inviting in new people, since tabletops require a social group by their nature, and the hobbies dies of new people, followed by business fuckery to appeal to them.

In addition, comics have a much greater NEED for new content than tabletops.

>True, but that split needs to happen first.
Is this split a bad thing? It is likely to get some new blood to the grognard group, and is inevitable even among like-minded people (as cardgames are the only main /tg/ hobby with no upper bound on group size).

In any case, this argument is pointless.
>>
File: 1472348409552.jpg (538KB, 698x2875px)
1472348409552.jpg
538KB, 698x2875px
>>49792950
Green brought a couple browns and a pink over to my house over the course of a few weeks until I cucked one of the browns by taking his ex gf (one of the pinks) home after a party.
Haven't had to deal with his beta ass since. Or any of the other browns.
He sometime expresses interest in coming over again but I get to just ignore him since he's retarded.
It's not hard to take back your hobby. Just treat the faggots like shit and they'll leave.
>>
>>49792950
Even admitting that this is how it works, and it isn't... Why the fuck so you care about people who are not at your table? "The hobby" is not going to break down your door and force the evul gurlz at your table.
And if you play games competitively, then you're a motherfucking Spike and nobody wants to be around you anyway.
>>
>>49792950
I am a normie
>>
>>49794084

Judging by the rest of the thread, he cares because he's a fucking /r9k/ looney.
>>
>>49794084
You might as well question the existence of this board: why care about things that don't happen at your table?
>>
>>49794038
i don't, your argument is therefore invalidated
>>
>>49794063
Don't forget, recruiting fans for writers, who's ideas of characters were fixed at 11 or the mistake of thinking in the internet era; talking about online = buying comic issues.
>>
>>49793995

I'm sure you know all about being gay.
>>
>>49792950
We didn't, how do you think cancerous posters like you found this board?
>>
>>49794072
>cucked oneof the browns by taking his ex gf
Are you aware that even in the loosest sense of the word that /pol/ has driven into the ground they would have to still be dating for you to cuck him?
>>
File: can't wake up strahd.png (230KB, 537x290px) Image search: [Google]
can't wake up strahd.png
230KB, 537x290px
>>
File: 1424085450453.gif (1MB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1424085450453.gif
1MB, 250x250px
>tfw one of the former players at my table still had an earnest belief that 'jocks versus nerds' was an actual thing despite being in his thirties and left the group because we invited a social worker to play with us
>tfw even the kid with aspergers is far more pleasant to have at the table than he was
Get fucked Ross, have fun obsessing over your 'introverted superiority' by yourself when you're not shoplifting, you grognard prick.
>>
>>49793311
No. It takes a corporate drone to base their identity off products they consume.
>>
>>49792950
Even following the logic of the op comic, why is green invited? Why does he not turn Black? Why is Brown invited? Why is Brown not kicked\corrected? Why is Pink not kicked\corrected?
>>
>>49793965
>The Game
/r9k/ MRA detected.
>>
>>49793560
>CAN'T kick people
Bullshit. If you bother to actually run your game and not let yourself be a doormat then you can kick people out. Lead your game, if the browns aren't listening kick them out, same for the pinks and the chads.
>brown stops paying attention
>get him to focus and if he can't tell him to get out
>pink joins
>same deal as with the brown
>chad joins
>if he gives you any shit about the game let him know that he's the new guy here and that you'll help him learn, but if he's going to be a dick, get out

If you actually bother to put yourself in a leadership roll and guide your players, you won't get overwhelmed by the newbies. In addition, you have to be gradual about it, if you aren't ready to take on additional players, be straight up about it. There are plenty of times that I've told newcomers that they couldn't play yet because we weren't ready to introduce a new character. If they want it bad enough. they stick around and watch and eventually I bring them in.

If you do it right, you get everyone else to actually play the game and check in with you about things. If they don't like the way you take control, they'll leave. Maybe I'm a control freak, but if being the overlord of my game gets it played the way I want to play it, that's how I do it.

It actually works because I had the newcomers decide to learn or get out. Some chose to get out, and that is never any problem on the end of the people who actually want to play. For those who wanted to learn, they stuck around and now my group has 9 dedicated players. We sometimes split sessions because 9 can be a bit much, but everyone is there to play and we have successfully turned people on to the hobby. (I hate the word hobby though, hobby makes it sound like you're some casual.)

tl;dr Have patience. establish boundaries, don't let yourself be a doormat. actually bother to run your game, and you'll be fine and be able to expand your group.
>>
>>49793965
>>49796174
I...what?
Oh that does it. I'm officially convinced all these white knights are just shills/troll/shitposters/.
You guys aren't even reading the posts, you just ctrl+f the buzzwords and respond with insults.

That anon was obviously anti-game but you still tunnel visioned on him even mentioning Game and acted as if he was pro-game.

Something fishy is going on, and it might be more than just bait.
>>
>>49793216
>>49793526
>>49793544
>>49793553
>>49793564
>>49793584
>>49793610
>>49793706
who the fuck is this faggot?
>>
The socially stunted mental defective that's bitter as fuck about not being able to relate to the opposite sex like a normal, functioning human being in this thread is making me laugh.

Stay bitter, Anon. The rest of us will enjoy the real world, and happy, healthy, fulfilled lives amongst other humans unaffiliated by a completely undeveloped facet of human behaviour.

tl;dr how does it feel to literally be a failed, broken version of what a human is supposed to be?
>>
>>49796174
Thanks for not saying /pol/. We fucking hate MGTOW types over there. Race traitors. Should all be burned alive in cages.

>Literally allow the white race to perish because you find the task of raising a family too daunting
You'd better call me Initial B because we're going to step on the gas so hard your head will spin.
>>
>>49796301
Hey, don't talk about my brother like that. He's just tilted from his thyroid meds.
>>
>>49796244
Let me tell you a secret...
I don't have any ideological affiliation. I'll be a misogynist one day and an SJW the next. I just do whatever gets me attention and disrupts the thread.
>>
>>49796276
>insulting Mr Rogers
Some things we just don't do, anon
>>
>>49796335
You're welcome. Robots aren't just race traitors though, they're traitors to the whole human species.
>>
>>49796355
Except you, the person at the computer chair, are not getting the attention. It is the persona you created in this thread that gets attention.

Get off the computer and go get your family's attention, not ours. Only then will your cries for help be answered.
>>
>>49793325
You sound like a horrible person to be around.
>>
>>49792950
I only play games with people I like. It's really not that hard you autistic fuckwits.
>>
File: 1401630093208.jpg (33KB, 398x380px) Image search: [Google]
1401630093208.jpg
33KB, 398x380px
>>49796393
Sounds like his plan is working.
>>
>>49796164
Because this comic was made by betas who don't know how to tell people to fuck off or git gud before there's too many for their voices to be heard.
>>
>>49796406
>It's really not that hard you autistic fuckwits.
It is for us. We don't like anyone.
>>
This post is hyperbolic, but it does describe how many game systems change over time into something that they were never meant to be due to popularity. If the core facet is making money rather than being true to the core fans, you will eventually get a mess. This board seems to have gone the same way.
>>
>>49796301
Projecting much?
>>
>>49796447
Then it looks like you're the problem and not everyone else.
>>
>>49796431
Does your plan consist of dying alone as bitter, friendless virgin? Well that shit seems to work out great.
>>
>>49796385
What's to say that the persona isn't just a little part of me? My political views in real life can be rather flexible, so I don't see why I can't be even more flexible online.
>>
>>49796164
Because the real point of this is to kill tabletop roleplaying by preventing anyone new from joining, creating a hostile attitude towards anyone, and pretending entire groups of people weren't there from the start.

They want it to die. They are literally cultural cucks.
>>
File: big guy.jpg (123KB, 494x411px)
big guy.jpg
123KB, 494x411px
>>49796475
>Does your plan consist of dying alone as bitter, friendless virgin?
OF COURSE
>>
>>49796475
Starting to make the guy sound like a genius now. If I'd known repelling le bitter virgin meme people was as easy as being an asshole I'd have tried it years ago.
>>
>>49796335
Mister Hitler, how do you avoid the problem of normies inevitably shitting up a community?
>>
File: image.jpg (34KB, 317x291px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34KB, 317x291px
>>49796459
>Projecting
I love how this has become a slightly less juvenile way of saying "I know you are but what am I".
>>
>>49793216
Bob ross was a drill instructor, and good neighbor was a marine that did multiple tours in war.
>>
>>49796595
So what your saying is you can't truly know happiness and human goodness until you've been through the hell of war?
>>
>>49792950

That's not how it plays out. /tg/ long since worked out that the correct way scenes appear, grow, and fall apart is the Quirky/Strippers/Landwhales theory.

Girls join groups for status, while boys join groups for access to girls. The whole idea that girls are aching to join hobbies so they can access these awesome but inaccessible gamers is laughable. Bars have ladies nights, but few if any have men's nights because if the women are there then the men will show up.

And how often do we have posts from people who can't find a group, or who are stuck with shitty DMs or That Guys because the pickings are so slim? Do you seriously think that cool guys are going to join an RPG group because they want to be cool like people way way way down the social hierarchy from them?

1/10 got me to respond.
>>
>>49796595
>good neighbor was a marine that did multiple tours in war.
No he wasn't, that's been confirmed bullshit for a while m8
>>
File: Adolf_Hitler.jpg (136KB, 1165x1549px) Image search: [Google]
Adolf_Hitler.jpg
136KB, 1165x1549px
>>49796569
Let me ask you a question: What is your actual issue? What is happening here that makes you unhappy?

I know that it is not the existence of different people in the gaming scene. Since the 1980s, gamers have been drawn primarily from social outcasts, nerds, weirdos, people who want something different from what is available in the mainstream. Roleplayers are people who want to create their own stories, to share a piece of themselves with their friends. It never had anything to do with race or sex or gender or whatever.

What you fear is the dehumanization of having the same people who made you into outcasts finding you in your comfort zone, and ruining it too. I have been there, mein freund, it is not fun. But there is something that you should understand: Your problem is not "normies" or women, or casualization. Your problem is social alienation. The problem is that in the first place, you have been forced to flee from the people around you to find a recluse of sanity in a fun game with your friends. And that is fine! It is a good and healthy thing. Most people do it at some point in their lives.

Your problem is the problem of a culture in a globalized world. You just want things to be as they were, and to be left alone, but everywhere people prod and probe at you, and try to intrude upon your way of life. By what right do they do this?

The answer is not to reject people from the hobby as a whole, but to draw a line in the sand and say "here, sanity rules." It does not need to be a big circle. Your gaming group is your fortress. Your alamo. Stand there and die if you have to. They may ridicule you, they may kill you if necessary, but you must not capitulate. Build a group of friends with whom you share this spirit and stand by them.
>>
>>49792950
That's the reason for the first two rules of fight club.
>>
File: 0f2.png (160KB, 587x400px) Image search: [Google]
0f2.png
160KB, 587x400px
>>49796590
"The lady doth protest too much" has been a thing for a millennium or longer. If you see something like OP and react with that level of vitriol it is because you are emotionally invested in the issue. Emotionally invested people project as a matter of course.
>>
>>49796653
Wow, thanks Hitler! You always give great advice!

Man, what a guy.
>>
>>49796673
>claiming Fight Club stops normies when Tyler Durden was a SJW before SJWs existed
>>
>>49796675
you seem to be mistaking shitposting for actual emotions
>>
>>49796703

Shitposting is still emotional posting, just for different reasons.

It is also not unheard of to make a mockery of your emotionally invested issue by playing it up and opening the metaphorical floodgates.
>>
File: CEXQ-v2UUAEfPHW.jpg (27KB, 592x490px)
CEXQ-v2UUAEfPHW.jpg
27KB, 592x490px
>>49796732
>>
File: 1464298208253.jpg (23KB, 200x193px) Image search: [Google]
1464298208253.jpg
23KB, 200x193px
>>49796732
And sometimes calling a retard a retard is just that, and not you harboring some deep-seated fear that perhaps it is you who is the retard.
>>
>>49796491
>>49796443
I figured it'd be something like that.
>>
>>49796746

People have been making mountains out of mole hills in literature for years, dammit, and I'm doing it here! You know how much ink was spilt discussing Holden Caulfield when he's really just a spoiled brat?

TOO DING DONG MUCH.
>>
>>49796105
Are you the same guy talking about some 31 year old shoplifting from lidl? I swear to christ I've seen you before
>>
>>49796449
Name one.
>>
>>49793583

t. Casual

Seriously, if you don't enjoy banding, phasing, interrupts, or ante; you can fuck right off and go play the Pokemon CCG, since it's more up your alley
>>
>>49796813
they usually name MTG and D&D
>>
>>49796824
Neither of which really apply, since they have been through the constant cycles of development in their whole lives and cannot be ascribed to changes due to popularity. If anything, D&D proves the opposite, as it was at peak popularity, then went through a revision that, while unsuccessful, was pushing a very specific vision, then went back to giving the first-day fans what they wanted.
>>
>>49796806
This is the first I've talked about him but it wouldn't surprise me if someone else in the group also posted on /tg/ Probably the aspie kid.
>>
>>49792950
We didn't. It' still happening.

It's just one of the little secrets of life you learn here,
>it's always happening
>>
Casuals aren't interested in wargames or milsims. At all. It's too much autism for them to even attempt to handle.

A hobby requiring hours of time and an excess of money spent on toys, paints for toys, painting said toys, then spending hours to play war with said toys leaves most at the door.

Milsim communities meanwhile demand deference to varying levels of unquestionable procedure at a bare minimum, let alone the even more hardcore groups that use ranks, do PT or require previous military service.
>>
File: H.G. Wells war game.jpg (331KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
H.G. Wells war game.jpg
331KB, 800x450px
>>49792950

Two things can happen to a niche hobby. The number of people interested in the hobby can go down, or it can go up.

If it goes down, the hobby dies.

If it goes up, some assholes complain that the new people are ruining it.

Given the options of "have no one to game with" and "have more people to game with than ever, but OP is butthurt," I will take the latter. I would take "more people" even without the wonderful bonus of "assholes get upset and quit!"
>>
>>49796569
"Ve make our hobbies ZO fun and our uniforms ZO cool and make recruiting ze normies PART of our hobby, zo zat zey naturally come to love our hobbies az much az ve do."

Alzo ve allow drinking and smoking from ze beginnink.
>>
>>49796014
>Are you aware that even in the loosest sense of the word that /pol/ has driven into the ground they would have to still be dating for you to cuck him?
Not that anon, but at this point "cuck" just means "I made someone uncomfortable". Heck, you can probably cuck someone nowadays by thinking bad things about them when you're by yourself.
>>
>>49793317
>more people reading books causes the quality of literature to drop.

But it does.

Exclusivity isn't necessarily mean, it can occur naturally or be subtly kept so, but if it isn't maintained your hobby WILL go to shit, guaranteed.

Why do you think all our greatest works of literature all came from centuries past, when they had to largely be hand-written over months by cloistered monks day-in and day-out, when the world literacy rate was so low that church (which EVERYONE went to) consisted of listening to another guy read a book and tell you what it said, and owning said book was too expensive and too pointless to acquire?

Now we do produce good literature or even decent literature, but isn't the greater majority of it a load of complete shite?

Has anybody really written anything in the last 50 years that was really so absolutely profound that it would be worth preserving via hand-written translation for the next thousand years?

Maybe some nice Dr. Seuss but quite frankly I can't think of much else.

Same goes for music, the arts, ttrpgs, mexican food, television, furniture making, the fashion industry, and dog ownership.

All things that were objectively better when only produced and consumed by an elite or select group within a community
>>
>>49793441
Caucasian doesn't mean Open-minded relationships anon, she was just awful
>>
>>49793706
>you look nice today, neighbor
>however, you sound very unpleasant every day I see you, neighbor
>please leave.
>>
>>49797062
There was plenty of trash literature in the old days. But we never hear about it because no-one thought it was worth preserving.

Also, fuck you, you myopic chucklehead.
>>
>>49796653
Mr. Hitler, I'm wish you'd join MY group!
>>
>>49797062
Confirmed for not reading.
>>
>>49793860
>>49794038

>Thinking that human behaviour is this simple

If you are so sure, why don't you give us some peer-reviewed science on this.

Go read a sociology textbook.

Br
a biologist
>>
>>49797096
>no-one thought it was worth preserving
clearly you didn't read any of what I wrote, ironically.

Explain, you absolute dullard, why some monk cloistered in an abbey all day with nothing better to do than draw dragons and rewrite the bible, would waste his little time on this Earth and his exceedingly rare skill translating absolute tripe for redistribution amongst the general public?

HE WOULDN'T.

There were no shitty books because there were no printing or publishing services to distribute them. If you wrote a shitty book, you'd have to write it (and if you did so you must have attended an exceedingly expensive school) and then you'd have to show it to your other literate friends (all five of them) and all of them would have to lie to your face, telling you it's fantastic and all their friends will love it, and THEN you would go and hand-copy your work hundreds or even thousands of times, to then distribute among the literati of the day, and only THEN would you learn that it is absolute shite, after years of tedious labor and no critical input, and watch your dreams fade into dust.

So please, tell me there was shit literature pre-Gutenberg.

All 10 works of fiction and six gorillion scrolls of census records were fucking brilliant and that was the only reason they were ever distributed in the first place. A single copy of a book nobody ever reads is not literature.
>>
>>49792950
I rarely take new players in anymore. I have a long term group of friends I play with, and the only time I will EVER take on someone new is when I see the new person playing in one of the games that one of my friends DMs.

Basically I use my friend's games to vet players for my games. Might sound harsh but I've had too many new players in the past turn out to be total morons, mysteriously disappear between sessions, ignore the game and disrupt my other players or hit on my one female player.
And no it's not poaching, me and my friends run games on different nights so the new player is free to play in both.
>>
>>49797127
>not reading 4 lines of "muh good people"
I get it. Be nice to people. But there's a difference between being a good neighbor, and letting your neighbor's dog shit on your lawn. You got to call them out on it. A good neighbor considers all the other neighbors around him who are also sick of that one particular neighbor moving in and distributing shit on everyone's lawn.
>>
>>49797240
>tfw your group went to shit when your GM went full SJW after a bad breakup
It was awful to watch. Nowhere to run, nowhere to reconvene, scattered to the winds. The few of us left watched as gender options began to expand and actual playtime began to suck. Every new member he brought was more offended than the last, every session; less comfortable.
It felt like being dragged to death across a field of daisies; still fun, but increasingly less so to the point where it was just uncomfortable.
>>
>>49792950
>"Hobbies are ruined when women join them"

>>49793417
>Each time, any attempt to speak up against the creeping tide is derided as racist or misogynistic.

I WONDER WHY!
>>
>>49796818
>Ante
Am I back in 1997?
>>
>>49797251
No, what I meant is, it's pretty clear that you have no idea of what is going on in the field of literature, if you are able to unironically write that all good literary works are from the past.
>>
>>49794084
>evul gurlz
everytime I see someone write like this I just know they're a fucking faggot.
>>
>>49792950
This is bait if I ever seen one.
If you don't want to play with other people, just don't, play with your friends and be done,
You are not the hobby police to rule who is allowed to play what.

Maybe I don't have this problem because I tend to get along with people and I'm not autistic.
>>
>>49793694
Webcomics, Franco-Belgian comics, manga and indie comics have all trash talked nerds way harder than the Big 2 ever have. You're just trying to feel special and exclusive about something with no inherent value.
>>
>>49793694
>You don't realize how mamalian sexuality functions, do you?
It's not just mammals. It's a rare animal species where the females compete with males; that's just the natural effect of anisogamy.

People don't want to admit that we're just big, hairless, smart monkeys. That the vast majority of our behavior is based on biology and evolution, and that doesn't care about political correctness or agendas.
>>
>>49797062
>Why do you think all our greatest works of literature all came from centuries past, when they had to largely be hand-written over months by cloistered monks day-in and day-out
But that's not even true, most of our greatest literature came way after that point. Do you think literacy outside of the Church only started in the 1980s?
>>
>more players equals bad

have we so accomplished our goal of bringing in so many new people to our glorious hobby, that we can afford to turn them away?
>>
>>49792950
This shit literally happened to our roleplaying/wargaming club, it ended when the browns one night out of boredom threw beer bottles down at the cars on the parking lot (it was on the sixth floor), getting us thrown out of the 4000 square feet office space we had for free, and making us lose our funding.
>>
>>49792950

I honestly used to befriend or fuck the outsider womyn back in the day, but since I can subconsciously kind of -influence- people, they realized the error of their ways and became normal fem players very quickly. Most of them were just girls with issues anyway, not evil vagina monsters. Solve the issues, and the aberrant conduct stops as if by magic.

Plus, if she can experience personal growth AND polish my rod at the same time, I'm not the one who's going to censor dis.

The problem is that... hobbies do this thing that other bussinesses do, and invite to direction, design etc, people who are more concerned with money, they are going to oversimplify or mainstream the whole deal even without fanbase imput, partially because, let's be honest, OG fans can be incredibly closed or autistic.

Niggas with the money are choosing between pandering to their already shut in and rude audience and making them angry, or pandering to the other side, getting their audience angry AND probably making more dollars. Is this a correct view? No, but it's the one that correlates with quatrimester economy. Nowadays a lot of faggots with a degree in bussiness think they know everything about art, design, and marketing and try to meddle in those areas whoring out the final product.

The solution is, keep doing what makes you successful, do small controlled changes overtime, and let the casuls include themselves into it, step by step. Just as I converted gamergrrls into normal humans, I've met many guys who were total assholes before playing with a group and came out as much better people, often influenced by a slightly less asshole nerd.

However what do I know, it seems that in /tg/ every day is cringe, muh edition is best than the other, and I dindu nuffin.
>>
>>49793227
CAH is ok as the occasional meme game.
>>
>>49796301
>t not being able to relate to the opposite sex like a normal, functioning human being in this thread is making me laugh
But, Anon, normal people struggle with communicating with others, let alone others of the opposite sex.
>>
>>49796876
what? Nobody with Aspergers would ever post to 4chan
>>
>>49796861
4e WAS successful, and 5e is about as far removed from OD&D/AD&D as 4e.

Not that D&D supports his point, I just hate you delusional fucks spreading outright lies an ignorance.
>>
>>49797618
No, everyone else is has a complete understanding with the opposite sex and only you are the one who's struggling. Take it from these wise don juans who are posting on /tg/, they're obviously elbow-deep in pussy on a nightly basis.
>>
>>49797642
Autist reporting in.
>>
>>49797683
that was the joke you fucking autist.
>>
>>49797232
>if it doesn't support my position, it doesn't count
Cool story, bro.
>>
>>49792950
This is basic political entryism. You convert green to black by doing something he would consider 'uncool' or 'weird'. If he leaves because of it, no real harm done. If he stays, it worked.
>>
>>49797587
>since I can subconsciously kind of -influence- people
>>/x/
>>
>>49793216
>>49793317
>>49793544

This pleases me

but really, are we really gonna argue about preventing players from entering a hobby that derives most of its entertainment from being with other people? Do we really want to stay in some closed circle?

can't we all just agree that there are many different ways to have fun?
>>
>>49797735
Yeah, but you go and have fun in your ways over there, and we'll stay here and have fun the way we intended, instead of you fucking it up.
>>
>>49797652
I was summarizing. I actually agree with you. Thing is, I can't come up of a single example of a recent game that is even moderately successful *and* that suffers from the kind of pandering lamented here. Even White Wolf games, who are usually lambasted for their progressive contents, have been improving on a steady rate with recent revisions - and the one book that was actually pandering did not go anywhere, thus further disproving the other guy's point.
>>
>>49792950
>The moment when you realized that 90% of the people here are the brown guys
Lets be honest, unless you where back in the 70's for the inception of this shit, you mostly were introduced by someone else.
>>
>>49796647

And Bob Ross hated his time as a drill instructor. So much that when he got out, he vowed he would never yell at anybody ever again.
>>
>>49797814
how else would you be introduced? good word of mouth is probably the only way a /tg/ game can get popular
>>
>>49797821
bob ross continues to show that you can make the world a better place
>>
>>49797759
>Implying this'd stop either group bitching about badwrongfun
>>
The hide thread function exists for a reason you dumbasses
>>
>>49792950
I still don't get it. Is the pic supposed to show the dynamics of a group of friends, or the general audience of a game?
If it's the first it's stupid, because it seems pretty obvious that people don't come into private circles of acquaintances in that way.
In the second case, if we're talking about games played at larger venues, we're not really playing for fun anymore, are we?
>>
>>49792950
Because step 4+ never happens,

(Although groups do sometimes break up because adding women to an all-male group with social difficulties can distort group dynamics, this is by no means an inevitable or even particularly common consequence to having women join your group, and certainly not some kind of step in a hobby-wide Marx-esque historical-materialist road to the destruction of your hobby. Also, women have lots and lots of ways to meet boys, and geek hobbies are far, far from an optimal place to look. Women join your hobby because they actually want to play.)

Not to say that the mainstream "invasion" of geek culture isn't a thing, but it's not by any means the end of the world, or even bad for the hobby, or even bad for your personal enjoyment of tabletop gaming. Lots of "geek" activities are both fun in and of themselves, but also served as spaces where people of a certain mindset and personality type could band together and feel insulated from a confusing and hostile-seeming larger culture, especially during school years where 'monkey status games' are most A Thing. Normies come in because they're actually interested in the former, and very often do bring good play to the table or learn to become good players; as it turns out, feeling isolated from the larger culture doesn't actually mean that the larger culture doesn't contain people like you. But this also tends to erode the exclusive, personal, safe-space feeling of traditionally geek spaces as many new people flood in and larger audiences mean things start getting more commercialized.

But all those original people are *still out there*, and in fact easier to find than ever, and for that matter the good players and GMs are more numerous than ever because normies aren't actually gross aliens, and they're still doing the stuff they like. The *hobby* is in fantastic shape. But for the sorts of people above, that original sense of a community isolated from "mundanes" is certainly harder to find.
>>
>>49797730

Stronger personalities tend to change people close to them over time and there is nothing even remotely paranormal about it, just social interaction.

Challenging different ideas with respect and patience while really caring about the people you're discussing things about really helps, as well as being a stubborn motherfucker to a certain extent. This is the reason why I used -influence- as a term.

Also I'm kind of worried that "magic!" was the thing that came to your mind instead of just hanging around and talking to people. From a number of things you could have said, like "cool story bro" or "Fuck off vain normiefag" or whatever, choosing that one has nasty implications for you.

Consider reconsidering your choices or something friend.
>>
>>49793373

That initial B joke is pretty clever.

Why waste your talent encouraging divisive behavior and hatred? Yeah, I get that /pol/ attracts people with its propensity to go overboard on outlandish behavior, and there's a strong backlash against our collective impotency to change the society in which we live, but surely you must be able to see that encouraging hatred and factionalism, as entertaining as that might be, does nothing but embolden and justify the behavior you don't like, and drive down society in general.

There are better ways to entertain yourself.
>>
File: 27768.jpg (45KB, 200x252px)
27768.jpg
45KB, 200x252px
>>49793216
Hell yes, don't bitch, make the hobby actively better.
>>
>>49793325
You are literally autistic
>>
>>49792950
You GM yourself and stop being a pansy.
I don't care who else ends up in my game as long as they follow the rules and if I don't they get kicked. Players will conform and play the game or they will leave. All it takes is a little backbone.
>>
>>49799335
This is 4chan. I don't think a single poster here has a backbone.
>>
>>49793417
You sound absolutely horrible, because you're shit at socializing with women and have shit taste in lovers you now inherently fear women because OBVIOUSLY the problem can't be you
>>
>>49792950
Being assholes.
It worked for a while but your presence here proves the method is faulty.
>>
>>49793483
No, most people realize it's a waste of time and money
>>
File: 1475903382909.jpg (174KB, 500x600px)
1475903382909.jpg
174KB, 500x600px
>>49796335
Both you and /r9k/ are an obnoxious cancer that the site would be better off without. Don't try to claim any moral high ground.
>>
Here's the real issue with what's going on. A bunch (not all) of women and feminists joined the hobby and demanded that things be changed to accommodate them. Then the demand that anything they don't like can not exist.

It's not as if they accepted the current games and created their own versions of games.

Lets create an example. Games A, B, & C are super popular. These SJWs entered into the hobby and then demanded games A, B, & C change to be exactly what they wanted. Then they took over Games A and B. Game Z is created and not even marketed to SJWs and doesn't care about them in the slightest. SJWs are offended that Game Z exists and demands it be destroyed even though its not aimed at them in the slightest. The fact that it exists is insult enough.
>>
>>49792950
I can't prevent you from posting. But a mod could delete your thread.
>>
>>49799916
What games.
>>
>>49800336

Entirely hypothetical ones, just like the whole retarded scenario.
>>
>>49800392
>Entirely hypothetical ones, just like the whole retarded scenario.
isn't white wolf run like that.
Heard from a bunch of friends there was stupid shit in world of darkness.
Also paranoia.
I seen people harass wyrd games about a bit.
BOLS in general and any "mature" conversation those clickbaiters come up with.
etc
>>
>>49794038
Evopsych is notoriously bad science, because there's little if any way to falsify hypotheses.
>>
>>49793417
T. Autism
>>
>>49796449
>If the core facet is making money rather than being true to the core fans

If "the core fans" aren't spending money on your product and are always complaining, why the fuck should you bother with them?
>>
>>49793115
>>49793311
>>49796139
pride

noun

1.a feeling or deep pleasure or satisfaction derived from one's own achievements, the achievements of those with whom one is closely associated, or from qualities or possessions that are widely admired.

2.the consciousness of one's own dignity.

3.the quality of having an excessively high opinion of oneself or one's importance.

4.a person or thing that is the object or source of a feeling or deep pleasure or satisfaction.

literary
1.the best state or condition of something; the prime.

verb
1.be especially proud of a particular quality or skill.

Then what so qualifies as a definition to who you are as an individual? Status? Wealth? Physical/mental attributes? Sexual conquests?
These are the definitions of the word "pride". When I said you had no "pride", I meant the definitions under noun number 1, 2, and 4, as well as it's usage as a verb. The fact that you would be attempt to admonish me for standing besides something that I wholeheartedly enjoy, that I spend my own hard-earned time and money on, proves to me that you are the exact type of weak-willed, callous, listless individuals who should be driven from the hobby lest you infect it with your neanderthaling ways, whose very presence collectively diminishes the quality and challenge of the sport.

tl;dr Fuck off.
>>
>>49799916
>all those icky women ruined it for us!!!
I swear, SJW has just become a buzzword for people you don't like.
>>
>>49797062

You do realize the majority of Shakespeare's work was considered to be for plebeians in the time it was produced, right? One of our biggest "I will quote or reference this literature to show how fucking well-read and smart I am" sources was a dude who wrote for the masses, not the elite.
>>
>>49792950
We have casual game nights in between D&D campaigns where we let the casuals come play and we have a good time, but when it gets serious we have a small group. That's dedicated. We have had a girlfriend come observe. We largely ignored her and she fell asleep on the couch.

That same girlfriend will also sometimes play magic with us (she's not bad) but for the most part realizes that's it's guy time and stays out of it.
>>
Step 5 makes me really angry.

>dudebro thinks he is better than the guys playing
>not its not someone saying this about him or someone saying he do it, he really believes on his own mind that he is betters than others. And join the game since he will win and so would get attention from the girls
>he doenst play seriously and complain when others want to play seriously

WTF
Its like he is a cartoon character that dont follow chain of reactions
>>
Because my friends aren't shitty, they don't have shitty friends or at least don't have me hang out with any, and I don't have an issue with women.

There's no "original member" bullshit, my games are all about friends enjoying each other's presence and having fun
>>
>>49793216
There is wisdom here.

Brothers, sisters, and whoever else is here - if there is nothing on these boards but what we make, let us make Good.
>>
>>49792950
The solution is to focus on the hobby instead of the people

Remember when someone here tells that he system is just the car and what is important is the ride not the car?
Stop following stupid bullshit like this and focus on rpg, try to find better, groups better systems, better sites that talk about it....
>>
>>49802591

>achievements

>One time I pretended I was an elf who killed a big bad troll
>>
>>49803322
Way to ignore the other definitions champ. And you know, fuck you. Some of the stories of what people do are pretty amazing. Like that luchabro, who pinned a dragon while it was flying. Why don't you take your whiny cunt elsewhere?
>>
>>49793417
>>49793583
There are more SJWs in magic than ever. Technically I shouldn't be expecting anything more from a company whose HQ is in libtardland (WA), but even its community is cancerous.

There was one time where I was competing at a GP and saw a chick with a camera walking around, taking photos of people. First I didn't pay any attention to it, but then I realized she was only taking pictures of females. She was at the end of my row, making her way towards me as she snapped a photo of literally every female playing magic she saw.

at one point she got to me, i literally had to ask her to not take a picture of me because I didn't want my face to be on some feminist "muh wymyn in the community!" article. Obviously I didn't say that in real life, I just expressed that I didn't want photos of me.

And lo and behold, 2 weeks later, on the magic subreddit: the article about "women in gaming" with all the random pics of random women at the GP.
>>
>>49793417

But Anon, my mtg playgroup has 3 girls; our d&d community has 4 (same 3 + new one). None of them are "hambeasts" and they are completely reasonable. The trick is not to play with "traditional" nerd girls.

Female nerds are mostly awful people; so are male nerds, but there are two key differences.

>Every man knows that, if he gets out of line too much, he has the potential to get socked in the mouth. This is not true for females.
>Even the ugliest girl will always have someone who is more of a loser, who will want to fuck her. If you're a guy and you're an ass, you will become completely isolated. Girls will always have someone who is desperate for her.

Find girls who are intelligent (girls who study science, medicine, architecture, engineering), but are socially outgoing. Go to a "quirky" bar where they drink out of jars and talk up a hipster girl, not some aspie with tits who posts on Dr Who's Reddit page.
>>
>>49800479
White Wolf has always been progressive but as I said the games have been actually getting better, in part because of the community that supports their crowdfunding campaigns. The latest games are a lot tighter and more solid ruleswise. Plus, their target audience has always included some of the types derided here.

Paranoia has been dead for years, long before this shit.

Magic has arguably taken steps to be more accessible, but it's also a 20-year-old behemot of a game that swings back and forth every year, so I don't think it's representative either. Sure, from time to time someone stirs up shit about a card or something in the community, but the game itself has not changed because of that.
>>
>>49793311

Not him, but I both agree and disagree with you. Yes, you shouldn't have pride in buying /tg/ products, but you sure can have some in the stories (RPGs), clever ideas (MTG decks) you create.
>>
>>49794038
>Any scientist with a passing knowledge of evolutionary behaviour will side with my conclusions.

Name one.
>>
>>49803859
>Someone is taking pictures for an article on women in gaming
>They only take pictures of women playing games

I don't see the problem.
>>
>>49796276
Woah man. You don't call Mr. Rogers a faggot dude.
>>
>>49804094
The problem is that someone used random people at an event to shill their agenda, and didn't even ask permission when taking pictures of specific people.

I did not want my face to be used on an article about a movement I am against.
>>
>>49797232
But with a lack of books to compare them to, wouldn't people at the time have less of an idea of what good literature is? If I've only ever read Twilight, any mediocre book will seem like God's own words.
>>
>>49802638
This is only half true. He wrote for the masses but his mastery of language was very much geared towards the elite. Commoners enjoyed him calling nobles impotent and cuckolds, while nobles appreciated the way in which he called their rivals impotent and cuckolds.
>>
>>49792950

Backstory, I am currently thirty years of age, twelve years ago I ended up joining a local anime group, about two years after joining I was respected and liked enough within the group that I became one of the core organizers for our meet up's and outings.

Our group membership fluctuated a lot, when I joined there were forty plus people, it dwindled to around ten or less regulars and then it shot back up to around thirty or so.

Within these time frames you had groups within the group. Those who liked shonen, those who preferred to read manga, those who liked slice of life and those who just had a good old fashioned laugh with manime.

Then you had people (who are dear friends of mine) who just liked video games but there were not many groups around so they joined in with us.

The more people you have, the more personalities there will be, the more dislikes and likes, pet peeves and whatnot and the more ego's will show.

This is the same with any group and while your picture isn't the exact same as my scenario, I know what you mean when you have something you enjoy only for it to be taken over by those who don't care for it in the same way you do.

This is also called growing up. You just have to let it go and let a newer generation enjoy the hobby with the same smiles and laughter that you got to enjoy it with, only they will do it slightly differently.

The smaller the group, the more intimate it is, yes but if you truly want something to become popular or more well known, that you have to let it expand and develop, and that can be in ways you may not like.

However, you might find that as it does expand, you'll meet more people who are just like you and then, that's when you can have your intimate group within the bigger group

>>49793216
>>49802984

These anon's are my brethren.
>>
>>49802636

As is the nature of all things. Autist, weaboo, hipster... Once they had a specific meaning, but they became the meme-name of the year and just devolved into a buzzword to mean anything you don't like.
>>
File: win lose.gif (2MB, 474x260px)
win lose.gif
2MB, 474x260px
>>49792950
Wow. Neckbeard shity reasoning 101. Are you lonely? Did you forgot your fedora on your LFGS when they kick you out?

>It's females/SJW fault!
Keep wanking to your green frog memes while you cry remembering the "good ol' times". Get back to /pol/. Or better: go to a therapist.

Lately /tg/ is ful of whiny neckbeards complaining about the same. So much insecurity here! But, hey, I'll tell you a secret. YOU CAN'T DO SHIT. The world is not 'murica in the 50s. There is no "normies vs. True Gamers". But as many of you live in backwater 'murica, you don't know.
A pity. Some of you are nice people. But most of you are just scum like 4+3chan or 4+4chan. It feels sooo good to see you crying.
>>
>>49796244
Or maybe they just stop reading when someone posts a buzzword so toxic that it reveals the poster to be an undesirable who should be ignored.
>>
>>49796276
i didnt grow up with mister Rogers, but i know enough that he's not one that can be fucked with
>>
>>49804370
Why are there so many beta numales like yourself on tg?
>>
Y'all niggas posting in a bait thread.

noko.
>>
>>49796475
yes, its my ultimate plan
>>
File: Dude Reaction.jpg (12KB, 259x194px)
Dude Reaction.jpg
12KB, 259x194px
>OP
>>
>>49804149
>I'm writing an article about women in gaming
>I should probably take a bunch of pictures of fat ugly males to show how many females there are

There's nothing wrong with being upset for someone assuming you hold an ideology you disagree with but a single anecdotal event of a news reporter collecting pictures to support an article she's writing is hardly evidence of SJW libtard cancer infiltrating your favorite things to ruin your fun.
>>
>>49804610
>the amount of wymyn in gaming posts and groups isn't evidence of females and SJWs infiltrating my fun, comfy hobbies

I only gave an example of one. What, did you want me to post a link to every article/group ever?
>>
>>49804671
No, that anon wants non-anecdotal evidence because that's what thoughtful and articulate arguments are built on. There's nothing wrong with anecdotal evidence to suppliment concrete examples, but you're just building a house on sand if that's all you use to back up your argument.
>>
>>49804535
>Why are there so many beta numales like yourself on tg?
Because lonely omegas that get bullied in school are attracted to RPGs and learn social skills that way. They then become betas, since they cannot actually attract women to interact with their +3 longsword of fertility.

Left wondering how to turn their newfound social status (which, let us remember, is still bottom-of-the-heap) into pussy, they seize upon feminism as a way to become the One Good Man. And thus, another White Knight rides forth to nod respectfully at m'lady and never, ever, ever get laid.
>>
>>49804972
Or they genuinely believe in feminism and equity of the sexes. But, no that would require people to have more nuance than misguided cynicism can allow.
>>
>>49805015
>genuinely believe in equality of the sexes
Of course, I believe in equal opportunity too. But believing in "equality" is retarded -- sexes, races, etc are all different.

>genuinely believe in feminism
Okay, now unless you have family or loved ones in the Middle East, who have little to no rights, believing in feminism simply makes you stupid and gullible.
>>
File: 1453240774135.png (37KB, 696x629px)
1453240774135.png
37KB, 696x629px
>>49805053
Go back to /pol/

>>49792950
This basically doesn't happen. You are making up stories.
>>
>>49805015

>cynicism

definitely

>misguided

history will tell.
>>
>>49805230
>I disagree but I don't have any decent arguments against you
>"g-g-go back to /pol/! H-haha, amirite?"
>>
>>49805609
Dude, we don't need to have an argument to tell you to fuck off, you fucking faggot.
>>
>>49806810
>>
File: image.jpg (10KB, 260x194px)
image.jpg
10KB, 260x194px
>>49807170
>>49806810
Forgot Pic
>>
>>49806810
>Virtue signaling intensifies
>>
>>49807204
nice buzzwords, as expected of a /pol/tard
>>
>>49793050
Yeah it really does seem the problem lies with the two in the first frame who are too much of a bunch of pussies to enforce any kind of rules at their games. It's not the dudebros and the staceys fault you let them walk all over you dickhead.
>>
>>49807217

Still not an argument.
>>
>>49805265

>implying history hasn't already come to a conclusion

Read a book.
>>
>>49793373
You ever consider your girlfriend might just be a weirdo?

>she asked me about an open relationship.
I really need to stop responding to posts before I finish reading them. Soz open relationshipers you are weirdos, admit it.
>>
File: back to pol 2.jpg (25KB, 256x197px) Image search: [Google]
back to pol 2.jpg
25KB, 256x197px
>>49807236
>Still not back in his containment board
>>
>>49796244
>Something fishy is going on, and it might be more than just bait.
Yeah anon it's stupidity.

The average bot is probably more intelligent and more capable of an original and interesting contribution then the average real life human being at this point.
>>
>>49796590
But look at all the syllables anon! Obviously it's different!

At the same time though posts like this >>49796301 do always make me think it, someone who's actually happy with their life doesn't masturbate to the idea of other people being miserable quite so openly, sometimes they'll even take pity on them instead.
>>
>>49796638
>/tg/ long since worked out that the correct way scenes appear, grow, and fall apart is the Quirky/Strippers/Landwhales theory.
Aw shit I gotta hear this, anybody got it?
>>
>>49796692
>Tyler Durden was a SJW before SJWs existed
This is so fucking retarded I don't even know where to start.
>>
>>49796813
40k?

If making the force organization chart optional wasn't casualizaton I don't know what is, and then there's the whole business with Age of Sigmar not even having point values (at least initially). Games Workshop'd be a good example overall.
>>
>>49797299
>GM went full SJW after a bad breakup
Details?
>>
>>49796014
I didn't mean to do it (I was blacked out lmao) and didn't think he would mind in the moments before the drinking anyways.
But he did. He chose to still be emotionally attached to her so he got cucked.
>>
>>49799797
That image would work better if they were typing at a keyboard, what in the fuck has counting a wad of money got to do with shitposting.

Pick up your game anti-/pol/!
>>
>>49805015
Yeah it's only the other side that's motivated 100% by irrational hatred and selfishness but YOU guys have got nuance.

Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuure.
>>
i stopped making up situations in my head based off of retarded memes

pic related: you deserve it for being such a retard
>>
>>49807437
>Quirky/Strippers/Landwhales

"This. Every subculture has a lifecycle. Which you can mostly track by its hot girls.

When I was in my 20's, goth had undergone its first revival. Goths were 16-22 years old, intellectual (if not actually intelligent), and hot as all hell.

Within a few years, it hit really big, and suddenly the clubs were filled with second generation goths who weren't as smart but dressed even better and would do fucking anything in bed. Call that the Beautiful People phase. They're joiners, but cool ones. You get fewer people who even pretend to have read Keats and more strippers. People joining for the style and scene and surface characteristics.

Then it goes downhill. First, the original people got old. Old = ugly, eventually, especially if you're doing a lot of drugs or hitting the lunch buffet pretty hard. Second, when you have sexy people join a group, non-sexy people try to join, too, so they can be sexy too. Landwhales and social leperss and people who don't do well with Normal and need something else to bolster their self-esteem/social issues/appalling looks. Third, it got catty and political and posed enough that the kind of shy neo-romantic intellectual girls who started the whole thing didn't fit in anymore. They found other ways to be expressive, other scenes to join.

By then some other scene's gotten big and it starts all over. Sometimes (as w/ goth) there's a revival after a long time.

When I was growing up, hippies had just flamed out. Oldschool hippies were dirty, fat, unemployed losers who still thought Stalin was about peace and love. But look at the film from the early 70's and they were pretty hot and cool back then. Punks, metalheads, mods... all follow the same trajectory."
>>
kill all humans
>>
>>49792950
Only girl in the group is the GM's wife. We play at his house, and she makes bitchin' food, so it's all good. He did let her play an overpowered custom class she found online, but she's not a munchkin and doesn't know how to abuse it, so I don't really care. She just uses the concept of the class for RP and mostly plays it as a fairly generic spellcaster.
>>
>>49793216
Remember that kikes and moral relativists must be executed to save humanity from genocide.
>>
>>49799797
You will be killed and no one will mourn you.
>>
>>49792950
Seeing a therapist about delusions
>>
>>49796335

>We fucking hate MGTOW types

>Race traitors. Should all be burned alive in cages.

>Literally allow the white race to perish because you find the task of raising a family too daunting

I get what your saying but >WHAT THE FUCK DOES RACE TRAITORS HAVE TO DO WITH ROLEPLAYING GAME

>GO BACK TO /Pol/.

>THAT ALSO GO'S GO's FOR /r9k/ FAGGOT TOO. GET THE FUCK OUT THE FUCK MY BROAD.
>>
File: 1475771484817-vg.jpg (110KB, 884x903px)
1475771484817-vg.jpg
110KB, 884x903px
>>49808189

>GET THE FUCK OUT THE MY BROAD

YOUR NO BETTER THEN THE SJW's DUMBFUCK YOUR MAKE FUN OF.

>EVERYONE WHO BROWSE'S POL NEEDS TO GO JUMP INTO A HENTIE FUCKPIT OF TECHNICAL'S AND AFTER WORD'S GAS THEMSELVES.
>>
File: Back to Pol 5.jpg (30KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
Back to Pol 5.jpg
30KB, 500x375px
>>49808189
>Remember that kikes and moral relativists must be executed to save humanity from genocide.
>>
>>49796276
you don't say that about mr rodgers
it doesn't happen
>>
File: 1434170824386.png (255KB, 500x338px) Image search: [Google]
1434170824386.png
255KB, 500x338px
>>49796276
I forgive you
>>
File: 85858556.png (347KB, 500x375px)
85858556.png
347KB, 500x375px
>>49796276
Jesus fucking christ, it's happening
>>
File: 1428626580297.png (926KB, 640x718px) Image search: [Google]
1428626580297.png
926KB, 640x718px
>>49796276
>>49809055
It's okay bro. He ain't even mad.
>>
>>49804256
I like how this anon sums it. To add onto this, I am currently in college and run the "Gaming" club, where people play/talk about vidya/tabletop esp. with regard to fighting games. The "harcore" (to use OP's pic) members who started it with me can still play the way they want (and the way they play is the club's only sanctioned way to play for tourneys and such). However, there is enough people in the club that many different types of the same game can be going on at the same time, leading to people playing differently; and that's okay in my book.
>>
>>49793216
you are good and wise anon
>>
>>49796475
If it's working for him and he and his group are having fun using that strategy though...
>>
>>49803859
Assuming this actually happened that's pretty fucked up. I really wish SJWs would leave well enough alone with regard to (former) "nerd" hobbies. it's really not nearly as fun when their influence affects lore/gameplay.
>>
>>49793544
>>49793553
>>49793564
>>49793584
>>49793610
>>49793706
>>49793712
We all could use some more Roger posting in our lives, anon. Thanks
>>
>>49797062
That's because you're a sneering elitist who won't read anything that some wizards don't tell him isn't "of value".
>>
>>49797462
Centuries in the past, at that, this dude thinks the printing press was a fucking mistake because it means he has to pick and choose.

lol what a fucking putz.
>>
>>49796431
I love you
>>
>>49796653
I really like your advice but your constant hitler posting makes me think something else is going on...
>>
>>49792950
Can we all just agree that having a sort of gatekeeper that weeds out every piece of shit that isn't there for the game itself is a good thing? When audience expansion creates a fad the exact same cycle of decay repeats and the lowest common denominator is pandered to

every
fucking
time

Having a hobby be male dominated creates an entry bar that prevents useless anchors from being able to get aboard in the first place. Everyone talking about how their cool gf or whatever likes rpgs, good for you, im sure they exist and really aren't made up. However, that is in no way representative of everyone. Males self-select a lot more when it come to this stuff. Female 'nerds' only really exploded when it became trendy, male dweebs have existed since the dawn of our species, indicating a lower desire for the content and a higher want for 'community'. The community grows around the hobby, not the other way around.
>>
>>49804370
lol 90% of the thread is disagreeing with the post like most of /tg/ gatekeeping threads. Way to read. idk enjoy your jars of tears I guess?
>>
>>49796491
No, they want barriers for entry so it doesn't end up the same way vidya, comics, and movies have been rekt.
>>
>>49793373
Anyone who wants an open relationship at any point in their lives is probably completely fucked in the head. The shitty controlling behavior lends credence to that statement, and so I must remind you that retards don't represent the general populace.

This is of course assuming you're telling the truth.
>>
>>49796301
>how a hobby and pastime is treated
>assuming other parts of someone's life
gb2tumblr
>>
>>49797570
Why do so many people think that the goal is to bring everyone in rather than to have fun without worries it'll get ruined?

I like to carve wood, that doesn't mean everybody should.

Sounds pretty imperialist to me, anon.
>>
>>49797814
>thinking the point is no one should ever join
>>
>>49798593
you're a faggot

influence me to think otherwise or you're just a self-aggrandizing retard who needs to defend himself anonymously.
>>
>>49799234
>don't worry about the fire in the kitchen, mow the lawn!
>>
>>49792950
by not beaing assholes to everyone new who joins mostly, and by not beliving stupid steryotyypes. Also there is such a things as playing among freinds, this is the main reason tgs are alive, because a group of freinds come togheter and want to play game X. I play both 40k and MTG, but i do it with freinds so we have fun, not neck beards or idiots
>>
Simple, Kick the guy/girl who's only there for attention.

>But m-muh inclusion

It isn't about exclusion, it's about calling people out on their bullshit. In the same way, you wouldn't let a guy who doesn't know how to play a sport, play on your team, is the same way you'd not let people who're shitting up your group continue playing.

Most people here are on one side, where they think smaller=better, and bigger=better, but it's as simple as good players make good players, so find them. Bad players make bad players, so kick them.
>>
>>49809236
Are you 16?
>>
>>49792950
by not being an invertebrate pussy and enforcing the fucking rules

anyone can join if they want, but if they refuse to follow the rules they get reminded, warned, one last look over the rulebook, then told to fuck off

anyone who is going to be driven away isnt someone i dont want to play with, and anyone who isnt is new blood with new ideas and new perspective
>>
>>49797172
>Go read a sociology textbook.
Hoo boy, was that a bad response.
>>
>>49807459
>Blames slights and failings on other people with more power
>Performs illegal activities in order to "get back" at a group of people who don't even know he exists
>Forces his followers to exclude their other friends and families in favor of his cult
>Blames all his problems on the established "archy" and wants to destroy it based on no other reasoning other than "it will fix everything"
>Is willing to threaten others with physical violence and castration of they don't follow his tenants.

need I go on?
>>
>>49809274

Speaking as someone who is in a polyamorous relatioonship with two partners, having open relationships is actually really healthy. The whole point of them is not to be controlling over the other person and to see that relationships are not the be all and end all of everything.

They are hugely important in our lives, we love each other very much but we know that we will be attracted to others and if chance allows, sex is sex, it's fun and doesn't necessarily have to mean anything other than just a good time. Much like taking a friend to the cinema or going out for a meal, sex falls into that category for us.

Though making love and having an emotional connection, that's reserved for me and my partners together.

I know no one might not believe me or think that'll it end in tears, but we've been going out for eight months now, the three of us have known one another for near a decade and we've been living together for three months now.

Added benefit? Three people is a great number for most board games and multiplayer card games.
>>
>>49793317
Go listen to a Billy Joel song called Angry Young Man. I once believed in causes too; had my pointless point of view. Life goes on no matter who was wrong or right.
>>
>>49809961
>Three months of living together
Yeah, post in /tg/ when you get past the bare minimum 10 years and tell us then that it is something to go for.

11 years is about the time when people hate each other so much that they decide to divorce. Notice that I don't even want you to marry anyone, just like each other in romantic manner for 10 years.
>>
File: slap.gif (448KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
slap.gif
448KB, 500x281px
>>49807742
Hey, don't go dissing on minions and using them as punishment. They are better than this.
>>
>>49792950
Rape. If you slam the brown, you run the town.
>>
>>49796818
Phasing's fun. Nobody knows how to respond to it. Even fewer people know how to respond to ways to bypass it.
>>
>>49807696
Shit, that anon didn't even say anything like that, all they said was that a male feminist could actually believe in feminism and not just being doing it to try and get laid.

You really need to be less defensive and tetchy on this kinda thing.
>>
>>49796014
Actually, if Anon was Negroblooded, he could cuck any White by pure virtue of his creature type as a Native Outsider.
>>
>>49810116

I'm not saying it is something to go for as it's not for everyone. It's just the way we are.

I've been in more than a few long term relationships to know that this one is the one that fits both me and my partners and I know that it will go the long distance.

It won't be perfect, there will be fights, arguments, differences of opinion but that's true of ALL relationships.

As I've said before, we've known each other for well more than a decade, which also really helps the dynamic.
>>
>>49797607
Not the guy you're responding to, but I will admit that I am open to one, and only one, round of CAH once in a while.
>>
>>49809961
Grotesque.
>>
>>49792950
Ohh..exactly what happend to WFB.
>>
File: 1340606690951.jpg (48KB, 400x484px) Image search: [Google]
1340606690951.jpg
48KB, 400x484px
>>49792950
As soon as someone shows up who doesn't have an interest in the hobby, but rather, an interest in the people who are doing the hobby instead, I ask them to leave. I have had men and women in my groups, and I've had to ask men and women to leave when they would simply show up for reasons other than to play a game.

I get you wanna hang out with your spouse, crush, friend, whatever. I understand that. I know you want to try and be involved in their life and hobbies to get closer to them. My table is not the place to do that at. Either you show up and be ready to game, or you leave. People just need to be adults about this and stand their ground on the fact that they are there for a purpose, and that purpose must be adhered to.
>>
>>49808349
>bait.jpg
Some valid opinions, veiled behind obviously terrible spelling and grammar.
3/10, made me read a post I wasn't really particularly following while scrolling through to another.
>>
>>49810688
you have a point, but you're also a huge asshole. I bet you have a no cellphones rule at your table too.
>>
>>49810859
I wouldn't deny I'm a huge asshole. Really though, that's the only thing I'm that firm about. People who are there who aren't playing are a distraction. They just are.
>>
>>49792950
lmfao, this pic is gay as fuck.

>REEE THE NORMIES ARE HAVING FUN AND HAVING SEX AND I'M NOT

Nigga the best time to get high and maybe even get some fuck is when hanging out with your friends. I am almost consistently drunk when I GM any tabletop game and my buddies are too.
>>
>>49792950
The girls never join. We vet everyone who tries to join our group. Were here to play games and have fun. If you aren't having as much fun as we are we kick your ass out. We say it directly too. We tell people to their face we dont want them apart of our group for X reason.

That's really the best solution. Have a fucking backbone. If people are annoying you kick them the fuck out they can do whatever somewhere else.
>>
>>49792950
High entry requirements.
Typically monetary investment or arcane rules.
It's easy to scare off normies by dropping a book thicker than their hand in front of them.
>>
File: tmzxNdU.png (53KB, 625x626px)
tmzxNdU.png
53KB, 625x626px
>this thread has been up for days
You have all failed at 4chan.
>>
>>49809904
>implying that anarchist == sjw
>>
>>49803068
>The solution is to focus on the hobby instead of the people
>Remember when someone here tells that he system is just the car and what is important is the ride not the car?
>Stop following stupid bullshit like this and focus on rpg, try to find better, groups better systems, better sites that talk about it....

WOULD NOT WORK.

On music you have some underground bands that become an fad and then people forget about them, just to be picked by mainstream media, when people tell they already knew the band and listened to it, people get angry with them, they complain calling them hipsters....
>>
>>49807608

Yeah, at least shop "one (You)" or something onto the bills he's counting. That would make the board names on there make a little more sense.
As is it's just lazy.
>>
File: 1370151697154.jpg (12KB, 205x200px)
1370151697154.jpg
12KB, 205x200px
There is no need to prevent something that does not happen.
>>
File: 1475903382909.jpg (107KB, 500x600px)
1475903382909.jpg
107KB, 500x600px
>>49812585
Gave it a shot but I'm not good at shooping.
>>
File: 171.png (140KB, 1114x426px)
171.png
140KB, 1114x426px
I pondered a bit more about this and additional to what I said previously at

>>49804016

I think there is an illusion that women ruin things.

If you have a group of 5 male friends and a new guy comes along. If the new guy is a twat, they won't meet for the second time. If that were a woman there is a high chance that one of the original five will want to fuck her and she will be allowed back the 2nd time.

If a woman is a cunt, it is because she is a bad person, not because she is a woman. Stop wanting to hate groups of people and you will feel a lot better. For every bad woman there is a good one. Same for males, blacks, jews, muslim, asian or whatever is the boogeyman of the month.
Thread posts: 315
Thread images: 44

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.