[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Never again.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 567
Thread images: 55

File: Why why why.png (482KB, 433x624px) Image search: [Google]
Why why why.png
482KB, 433x624px
> Decide to step outside of 4chan and join other RPG communities on the internet.
> Find a discussion about orcs and always chaotic evil races
> "Always chaotic evil races are a product of racist thinking and a power fantasy. It's just an excuse to kill foreign ugly people en masse and dismiss it - oh, it's okay, they're evil."
> Well, fuck. Well, it's just one thread
> I'm sure it's not quality level I can expect in general.
> Look at another thread.
> It's about how wizards can create a perfect world with food/water crafting traps, undead as manual labor and mind rape spell as a tool of making everyone happy forever.
> Holy shit, this is bad. What else do they have here?
> A character has a gay lover, who is a king. The forum is brainstorming a way for them to have babies without resorting to gender change.
> Also, how to force everyone to accept the child as a heir, if he's not related to either one.
> Another thread is complaining about paladins and how lawful good is only good because the books say so, and paladins are actually opressive and evil tyrants.
> Start a thread of my own, ask advice for creating a fighter with a shield
> Within a couple of hours, have about fifteen different abominations statted before me
> Every single one of them is something along the lines of half-golem half-fey half-basilisk
> Who's a psychic warrior/totemist/warlock/fifteen different dips into classes I've never heard about
> Can live forever, is immune to magic and kills gods with a shield bash.
> Run and never come back.
/tg/ is my only home now.
>>
>>49756204
stop deluding yourself, we are not that different.
>>
File: 265458562485654.jpg (17KB, 460x288px) Image search: [Google]
265458562485654.jpg
17KB, 460x288px
>>49756256

pretty much
>>
>>49756256
>>49756204
It's as if you walked into an entire forum that was pathfinder general
>>
>>49756283
WHY DID THEY KILL BEST PROTAGONIST OFFSCREEN

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: Khornebread.jpg (277KB, 1136x811px) Image search: [Google]
Khornebread.jpg
277KB, 1136x811px
>>49756256
The first half of that maybe. But we don't make characters THAT bad, at least.
>>
>>49756204
Yeah, it's pretty awful out there. This here's the only place I can tolerate, and that mainly because I can ignore half of it and just hide threads in the catalog.
>>
>>49756204
>"Always chaotic evil races are a product of racist thinking and a power fantasy. It's just an excuse to kill foreign ugly people en masse and dismiss it - oh, it's okay, they're evil."
Seen this all thile time on /tg/
>> It's about how wizards can create a perfect world with food/water crafting traps, undead as manual labor and mind rape spell as a tool of making everyone happy forever.
This is a /tg/ staple.
>> A character has a gay lover, who is a king. The forum is brainstorming a way for them to have babies without resorting to gender change.
>> Also, how to force everyone to accept the child as a heir, if he's not related to either one.
Change it to a princess and her ladyknight lesbian lover and it's another /tg/ "classic"
>> Another thread is complaining about paladins and how lawful good is only good because the books say so, and paladins are actually opressive and evil tyrants.
"Evil Paladumbs oppression muh monstergirl waifus" is a common /tg/ maymay
>>
>>49756315
?

Anon Rookie never dies in the game. Does he die in a book?
>>
File: research_time.png (116KB, 618x618px) Image search: [Google]
research_time.png
116KB, 618x618px
>>49756204
Well now I'm curious: RPG dot net? Reddit? V Bulleten?
>>
>>49756300
Yeah, saying /tg/ is a good forum compared to GITP or Paizo is kinda like saying Burger King is a good restaurant compared to my autistic cousin who refuses to make and eat anything other than instant ramen.
>>
>>49756204
The only difference is that you agree with the drivel that you find on 4chan, when 4chan is actually the gross outlier compared to the rest of the world due to it's userbase being the most socially malcontent.
Stop it with your shitposting.
>>
>>49756204
Give us a link or it never happened.
>>
>>49756438
Well I mean... burger king IS a good restaurant compared to that.
What really is a good restaurant in this metaphor then?
>>
>>49756347

Yeah he dies in a book. That's why nobody knows.
>>
>>49756204
>Also, how to force everyone to accept the child as a heir, if he's not related to either one.

The Romans didn't have an issue with that, the senate elected the next emperor and the current emperor officially adopted him as his son. This forum was overthinking it.
>>
File: Untitled.png (8KB, 1347x73px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
8KB, 1347x73px
>>49756438
>>49756461
Can't be fucked to guess what's supposed to be spam in my comment, so >pic related
>>
File: IMG_0650.jpg (32KB, 400x195px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0650.jpg
32KB, 400x195px
>>49756204
>>
File: 1446791536967.jpg (236KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1446791536967.jpg
236KB, 1920x1080px
>>49756204
This is related to something I've ranted about before.

I'm pretty sick of 4chan's bullshit for the most part, but keep coming back because /tg/ is the only place I can find half-decent tabletop discussion. Everywhere else, it's either nonsense like that, or posts on spergs arguing about absurd rules lawyering/dancing.

/tg/'s still got its stupid stuff, but it's probably the most sane board I've found for tabletop. Plus, the quick replies are enjoyable.

Pic unrelated.
>>
>>49756338
None of those are actually that common and they're almost purely met with derision.
>>
>>49756858
People saying that the alignment system is dumb is par for the course, and it's because they're right.
>>
>>49756805

Agreed Anon, much as though the thinly veiled /pol/ tardery on some threads is boring, /tg/ at it's best, hell even when it's mediocre is head and shoulders above the rest. So many good stories and ideas. Also there was a thread where an anon said his OC donut steal SM chapters warcry was 'take the knot'.

That raised a smile on what otherwise has been a trying day.
>>
>>49756204
>"Always chaotic evil races are a product of racist thinking and a power fantasy. It's just an excuse to kill foreign ugly people en masse and dismiss it - oh, it's okay, they're evil."

Admit it, this is true. There's nothing wrong with it, though.
>>
>>49756204

The first part is definitely rpg.net, which yes sucks donkey cock when it comes to being reasonable people.

Not sure if the others are from different sites or it's just one terrible site.
>>
>>49756858
WHH is also always met with derision yet it's also a "/tg/ classic"
>>
>>49756300
listen here you little shit there's nothing wrong with a half golem half fey half basilisk
>>
>>49756515
There is none. This is a world in which burger king is the pinnacle of cuisine

despair.
>>
>>49756347
He is overpowered by two rednecks and executed by the rebels
>>
>>49756256
We are the exact opposite of all the complaints presented in OP's post, and not in a good sense.
>>
File: 1475540908698.gif (2MB, 375x276px) Image search: [Google]
1475540908698.gif
2MB, 375x276px
>>49757507
lets not forget CYOAs and quests
>>
>>49756661
>wisdom
>>
File: 1457132832459.jpg (148KB, 601x500px) Image search: [Google]
1457132832459.jpg
148KB, 601x500px
>>49756315
It makes me raeg too anon
>>
File: the dm brings in a new npc.png (13KB, 667x645px) Image search: [Google]
the dm brings in a new npc.png
13KB, 667x645px
>>49756338
>Seen this all thile time on /tg/
not quite
you see bitching about muh always evil because alignment in general is pretty gobshite, not because 'think of the poor black people'
>This is a /tg/ staple.
'industrious necromancers' WAS a /tg/ staple, but then we more or less flooded ourselves with it and people got violently contrarian to the idea
nowadays it's rarely brought up, if ever - and for good reason, i suppose.
i'm not sure anyone here advocated mass mindrape for their utopias though. but probably - i wouldn't be surprised.
>Change it to a princess and her ladyknight lesbian lover and it's another /tg/ "classic"
it really isn't. you can probably count on one hand the number of topics about lady knights that've cropped up over the last few years, and i don't think i've ever seen anything about lesbian breeding in those so far
maybe i just missed it. hardly a classic if it so easily slips under the radar, though.
>"Evil Paladumbs oppression muh monstergirl waifus" is a common /tg/ maymay
paladins here are a bit marmite, i'll give you that. community seems to lean more towards being less restrictive about paladins and alignments because that's just more fun than forcing a player to wedge an immovable rod up his ass lest he lose his powers, though, than being less restrictive about paladins and alignments because they're actually all evil.
we do love our monstergirls, though.
oh, and i guess there is the 'burning hatred' thing - but that was more a good god seen through the lens of his enemies than anything else. i'm glad it wasn't done to death and back like necromancy-based industrial revolutions.
>>
>>49758188
Whenever there is a "What class do you love" thread. Paladin is the one with the most posts. Every time.
>>
>>49756204
People often forget how much of a hell it is out there.

We've grown too used to mods that only really step in to prevent mass shitposting, a community that can't throw a tantrum to get posts they don't like removed, the lack of high profile members circlejerking in a corner and everyone else being forced to worship their opinions or get banned.

Also, what >>49756661 said
>>
>>49758298
>tantrum to get posts removed

Well we did get rid of ERP and Quest posts.
>>
>>49758599
There was no "we" in either of those. In both cases, it was a few dedicated shitposters who tried for years and years to get things they didn't like banned until a mod finally gave in.
>>
>>49756315

What? I busted DOOM2016 up and down and DOOM MARINE never dies.
>>
>>49758188
>paladins here are a bit marmite, i'll give you that. community seems to lean more towards being less restrictive about paladins and alignments because that's just more fun than forcing a player to wedge an immovable rod up his ass lest he lose his powers, though, than being less restrictive about paladins and alignments because they're actually all evil.
What the hell is this sentence?
>>
>>49758684
AND WE'RE THE BETTER FOR IT TOO, NOW WE CAN HAVE DISCUSSION THREADS WITHOUT HAVING THEM HIT PAGE 11 WITHIN 20 MINUTES OF BEING MADE BECAUSE OF QUESTS, CYOA AND ERP THREADS

i didnt notice my caps lock was on and im not gonna bother re-typing all that again
>>
File: 1462858845576.png (6KB, 419x249px) Image search: [Google]
1462858845576.png
6KB, 419x249px
>>49758729
>>
>>49758188
>i'm not sure anyone here advocated mass mindrape for their utopias though. but probably - i wouldn't be surprised.

Haha mass mindrape was actually pioneered here in a WhiteWolf Mage thread, where some guy figured out a way to ritually cast a Happiness emotion over the entire Earth.

It's a pretty good copypasta if anyone has it hanging around.
>>
>>49758684
this.
Personally I hate MTG and there're way too many mtg thread spamming goin on but I don't bitch about it since its still more or less unique and contriboot to board activity.

which was exactly what quests were, only they had some seriously vocal people who were assblasted for no reason about it.
>>
>>49758812
>>49758751
like this guy.
the whole "its killing other threads schtick" never happened just because of quests. 40k, mtg, waifu threads alike all have multiple ongoing threads pushing one offs to the bottom.
>>
>>49758762
Im under the impression that while /tg/ will come up with a hundred and one ideas for mindraping an entire plane, they don't necessarily advocate it be wise that would be pretty fucked up man.
Well unless you're playing an amoral dick in which case you're doing it right.
>>
>>49758751
That has literally never happened, not even at the peak of quests (Around two pages worth of threads, back in 2012). It took hours (Still does) for a thread to hit page 10. An active thread on /tg/ would never, ever fall off unless it was past bump limit or not active at all. The board is not substantially slower now than it was when those threads were here.
And the reason why it is that quests were high bump frequency, not high threadcount. They'd bump around on page 1, but not actually make new threads very often. A thread only falls off the board when a brand new thread is made. You can two threads all the way to 300 posts each and they'll never kill a single other thread.
>>
>>49758859
>You can bump two threads all the way to 300 posts each and they'll never kill a single other thread aside from the one each that they killed when they were first made.
Fix'd.

Threads are supposed to fall off eventually. It's why there's a bump limit in the first place. No thread is supposed to last forever, and there's nothing stopping an active thread past its limit from having an immediate sequel thread.
>>
File: 1471963262604.png (7KB, 409x120px) Image search: [Google]
1471963262604.png
7KB, 409x120px
>>49758684
>>49758812
>>49758838
>>49758859
>a few dedicated shitposters try to pretend that getting quests removed was the fault of a few dedicated shitposters

When the quest shit got quarantined to their own shitty board, they took all of the creative posters with them just like we did when we got quarantined to /tg/ because mods were tired of warhammer wednesday. Quests were shit and wasted space we could use on more /tg/ related shitposting, and now they have their own shitty board to fill with shit that interests them.
>>
>>49756418
vBulletin is a forum software package, anon.
>>
>>49758266
and ?
>>
>>49756204
>> It's about how wizards can create a perfect world with food/water crafting traps, undead as manual labor and mind rape spell as a tool of making everyone happy forever.

Tippyverse. Pretty well known too, and despite it's creator dubiously insisting it's pure Lawful Good, it's still a better alternative to the average RenFair DnD setting. With a bit of tweaking to make Wizards less FUCK_YOU_I_WIN.jpg it could make for interesting campaigns.
>>
>>49758713
>Doom
pls leave. I mean, I like Doom but you should know who this is
>>
>>49758929
Well, it certainly wasn't because of a popular outcry. The number of threads complaining about quests were far outnumbered by the quests (Even on the metaboard /qa/, funnily enough, since there were a couple stupid pseudo-quests ran there), which were far outnumbered by other threads.
>>
>>49758929

I mean, I agree with you, but the vitriol in your post annoys me.

Here's what your post would look like if it was written by a non-autist:

>When the quests got their own board, they took all of their posters with them just like we did when we got /tg/ . Quests were space we could use on more /tg/ related posting, and now they have their own board to fill with content that interests them.
>>
>>49758929
>they took all of the creative posters with them
no anon
>>
>>49758975
Even that post would be wrong, since most questers are still here. Very few bothered to actually go to /qst/. Quests are basically dead now. There's a handful of old QMs who can get maybe a third of their normal audience (For now, it's less this week than it was last week, and less last week than the week before) and most new ones are dead on arrival.
>>
>>49759009
>Quests are basically dead now.

And nothing of value was lost.
>>
>>49759009
>quests are basically dead

excellent. They deserve to be dead

Maybe the garbage CYOA threads can go there too.
>>
File: KNOTTED_DICKS.png (226KB, 1536x1058px) Image search: [Google]
KNOTTED_DICKS.png
226KB, 1536x1058px
>>49757380
>Forever Immortalized
I cracked up for a good ten minutes when I saw it.
>>
>>49758929
>"When the quest shit got quarantined to their own shitty board, they took all of the creative posters with them"
>creative posters
>quest threads

All I remember is

>waifufagging
>troll responses
>samefagging
>writing that made even the shittiest LN translations look good
>superficial smartass shit like contriving to subvert a genre convention or "how about a SENTIENT TAVERN? XDDD"
>focus on derpshit settings/stories that encourage the worst waifufagging and lolderp e.g anime spin-offs
>butthurt and more butthurt
>>
>>49759032
>>49759033
And these are the sort of people who were pandered to with the creation of /qst/.
Hateful little bastards.
>>
>>49759048
i honestly never gave a fuck about quests on the board i just thought they were garbage threads full of garbage

So I wasn't sad to see them go.
>>
Adam Koebel is a huge pink-haired faggot who threatened to remove his game because a game on the site featured talk about rape.
>>
>>49756204
Sometimes I wish the roll20 off-topic forums never closed due to the paragraph dropping faggot with the three different accounts, having entire conversations with himself about how he is right. They were a nice forum between his ban and the mods deciding on the nuclear option.
>>
>>49759009

I suppose that's fair enough. But, it's not like you can't look at multiple boards.

And the fact that /qst/ isn't doing well is largely a self-inflicted injury, with the major quest threads boycotting /qst/ in its infancy and many even now, according to you.

I don't really want Quests to fail unlike certain faggots
>>49759032
>>49759033
but the reaction of the Quest community to the creation of the /qst/ board was pretty much the exact opposite of what it should have been and they're kinda suffering for it.
>>
>>49758684
Yes, it was just those 2 guys who hated quests. Sure.
>>
>>49759082
Literally who?
>>
>>49759135
Sorry, but if you never get more than a handful of IPs supporting your stance, your stance isn't that widely shared.

And before you start beating on that strawman, nobody is saying that "everyone loves quests". Most of /tg/ doesn't give a shit one way or the other.
>>
>>49759146
Exactly
>>
File: 1463544407260.jpg (15KB, 552x386px) Image search: [Google]
1463544407260.jpg
15KB, 552x386px
>>49759048
There are a ton of people who support quests getting quarantined who don't hate or even remotely care about them. They just wasted space people could use to make more of the same threads about smiting succubi, hating the players in your group, or whatever the latest /pol/-inspired meme about magic the gathering is.

There is, in fact, a state of opinion between complete support and complete hatred.
>>
>>49759134
This is correct. Questfags should have taken their new board and made it shine. Instead they boycotted it and killed their own playground. Their own fault.
>>
>>49759134
>And the fact that /qst/ isn't doing well is largely a self-inflicted injury, with the major quest threads boycotting /qst/ in its infancy and many even now, according to you.
You can count on one hand the number of QMs who boycotted it at the start. If three or four guys not running a thread on the new board is what killed it, then it very clearly wasn't big enough to be a board at all.
The problem isn't people not running quests. The problem is that very few dedicated posters play in more than one quest. Most players were incidental, and nobody incidentally goes to a board they don't care about. There's no outside draw to /qst/.
>>
>>49759182
No literally, who?
>>
>>49759193

Not for me though. I literally lolled when I saw /qst/ was a thing, and I'm glad I no longer have to hide a dozen threads every time I come here.
>>
>>49759193
Lots of threads "waste space". Nobody here actually posts in or cares about every thread. To someone who doesn't like D&D, all of those threads "waste space". To someone who doesn't like 40k, all of those threads "waste space".
Ten more was not some arduous drain on the board, and the kind of people who actively complained about it should not be pandered to.
>>
>>49759210
One of the minds behind Dungeon World, if I'm not mistaken. Also unironic es jay dabyou and generally a colossal butthurt faggot, figuratively and literaly.
>>
>>49759203
This is not correct. A couple of guys boycotted it.
The difference between 10 active threads and 14 active threads is not the difference between a dead board and a not dead board.
But it is the difference that would have been made if every QM moved at the start.
>>
>>49759210
Adam Koebel wrote Dungeon World (with Sage Latorra, who has way less online presence). He's a good GM and says some interesting stuff about design. Dungeon World is good at what it does. He's also a giant hipster and a low-end SJW.

The other poster is an autist edgelord.
>>
File: well.jpg (17KB, 350x277px) Image search: [Google]
well.jpg
17KB, 350x277px
>>49756204
How new are you, OP? I've seen all of that at least twice over here on /tg/.
>>
>>49759263
>generally a colossal butthurt faggot, figuratively and literaly.
I'm subbed to his Twitch, Twitter, and Youtube, and literally never seen him be more butthurt than anyone in this thread right now.
>>
>>49759281
This
>>
>>49759281

Koebel is a shit GM. He's exactly the kind of roll-fudging, bullshit-pulling, "muh heroic narrative requries suddenly ogres" hack that would have made a system like DW.
>>
technically speaking isn't everything a waste of space
>>
>>49759329
It is to someone.
>>
File: 1422133945337.jpg (8KB, 192x160px) Image search: [Google]
1422133945337.jpg
8KB, 192x160px
>>49759329
>>
>>49759318
I know him from his hijacking of a roll20 stream to moan about the gays or something. It was just cringe inducing and stopped giving a shit there and there.

But I'll take your word for it.
>>
>>49759318
>I'm subbed to his Twitch, Twitter, and Youtube

Oh boy, here comes the IDF.

>>49759320
>dat timestamp
>1 second later than >>49759318

Phoneposting samefag.

Thread's ruined, guys. Everybody find something better to talk about.
>>
>>49759326
> roll-fudging, bullshit-pulling, "muh heroic narrative requries suddenly ogres" hack

What are you even talking about?
>>
File: 301009.jpg (170KB, 618x529px) Image search: [Google]
301009.jpg
170KB, 618x529px
>>49759329
>>
>>49759356

Hi Adam.
>>
>>49759356
I've heard that the "suddenly, ogres" thing is some dumb piece of advice in DW where the GM should insert an inexplicable violent conflict if there's too much of a lull. Agressive ogres out of nowhere being the example.
>>
>>49759393

And you've heard... wrong. Read the book, maybe?
>>
File: Existential Dread.jpg (19KB, 600x360px) Image search: [Google]
Existential Dread.jpg
19KB, 600x360px
>>49759329
>>
>>49759387
I wish. Get paid money to shill roll20 and talk about gays on Twitch? Who wouldn't.
>>
File: 321B&.png (15KB, 1343x169px) Image search: [Google]
321B&.png
15KB, 1343x169px
What happened had to happen, as it happened before.
And we have become exceedingly efficient at it.
>>
File: 1410981509168.gif (47KB, 306x469px) Image search: [Google]
1410981509168.gif
47KB, 306x469px
>>49759329
>>
>>49756204
>WHY! WHY! WHY!
>HEROES NEVER WHY!
>>
>>49759445
Nah.
>>
File: huey.jpg (56KB, 540x572px) Image search: [Google]
huey.jpg
56KB, 540x572px
>>49756204
OP, you can tell us that you went to Giant in the Playground. It's okay.
>>
>>49759445
>>49759393
If you heard it on 4chan, it's probably wrong, because no one here has enough social skills to run Dungeon World. You need to literally not be autistic.

When you fuck up a roll bad enough, the GM has explicit rules about how much and in what ways they can fuck you over. But the rules say you must do something if the players fuck up a roll, you can never just say, "nothing happens". So the players fuck up a perception check and you don't know what else to do? Well, here's some monsters.
>>
>>49759502

As much as you like to believe things that aren't true, that's your problem, man.
>>
>>49759541

Well, that's just like your opinion, man.
>>
>>49759541
I like your strawman. It's festive and shit, what with Halloween coming up.
>>
>>49759558
>>49759579
Samefag.
>>
>>49759594
Nah.
>>
File: Where Angels Fear to Thread.png (66KB, 627x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Where Angels Fear to Thread.png
66KB, 627x1600px
>>49756204

Post more. Tell us about the builds, show us what kind of characters they make, post screenshots.

And most importantly, if anyone else has any similar stories or screencaps of Mary-Sue shit, post it.
>>
>>49757539
Ya know I bet we could make a setting out of that.
>>
>>49759594
I don't think you get to say that when these two posts exist. Too much mud in the water now.
>>49759518
>>49759541
>>
>>49759579
>>49759579

Can you cite the part in the book where they say that?

No?

Well, have fun failing anon, but face that not everyone wants to be deluded and be wrong.
>>
File: dangus dungus.png (77KB, 585x318px) Image search: [Google]
dangus dungus.png
77KB, 585x318px
>>49759594
>>
>>49759649
Can you cite the post where I said that it was entirely true or anything beyond "I heard..."?

No?

Well, have fun putting words on other people's keyboards, but face that not everyone wants to jump to conclusions and use fallacies.
>>
>>49759649
God you are just so dumb it hurts to be your species.
>>
>>49756418
Daily reminder that the RPGNet moderators are on record for defending female genital mutilation and rape culture.
>>
>>49757639
/qst/ was Hiro's second best decision.
First is /his/.
>>
>>49759033
>>49759032
Wake me when we finally purge the board of those Magic: the Gathering and Warhammer 40,000 neckbeards.
>>
>>49759668

So, why not accepting that you've been wrong and that you should read the things you talk about?

Go on. Fail as much as you want. Samepost, even.

That's the level of the DW haters here, and you're a shining example of that.
>>
File: 1458890310918.jpg (220KB, 1280x1242px) Image search: [Google]
1458890310918.jpg
220KB, 1280x1242px
>all the derrieredanger in this thread
>>
>>49759009
>most questers are still here. Very few bothered to actually go to /qst/. Quests are basically dead now.
Sounds like a self-inflicted problem.
>>
File: AJ Smyles.gif (2MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
AJ Smyles.gif
2MB, 400x225px
>>49759724
Stay mad, questfag.
>>
>>49759737
I don't feel like getting the book and looking at it.
Everything else has been you projecting.
>>
>>49759329
"Not using" is also the same as "wasting".
>>
File: elf.png (207KB, 520x700px) Image search: [Google]
elf.png
207KB, 520x700px
>>49759738
Post more redneck elves (male) ! :D
>>
>>49759745
Quests were never as large as some people would have you believe. It was predicted in the announcement thread that the less than a dozen quest threads that exist couldn't support a board, and lo and behold, it came true.
>>
>>49759777
So the solution is to run and participate in your threads and stop coming here to fill threads with your dumb ass whining.
>>
>>49759393
I don't even play dungeon world and I don't think "suddenly ogres" is a bad idea.

If your players are bored out of their minds it means you've fucked up with the pacing somewhere. Make something happen so they're not bored.

"Suddenly, a boom echoes in the far hallways. The cleric can barely understand the fell speech being said by the intruders - they speak in the ogre's tongue! What action do you take, noble warriors, as you wait while the wizard's earth Elemental digs through the dungeon wall?"

While dropping them at point blank range on the party is bad form it's better than having nothing at all happen. Perhaps the party can show off how effective they are against a powerful foe! Or avoid a fight!
>>
>>49756204
Stop playing D&D you stupid fucking mongoloid faggot
>>
>>49756204
I mean, this kind of is true. Doesn't make it bad wrong fun or anything, but that is how human brains work.
>>
>>49759792
I participate in the one quest that interests me.
I'm here the rest of the time, since that thread only runs once a week.
When I see these stupid lies and hyperbole, of course I'll counter them. They're directly attacking a facet of my now heavily damaged hobby.
>>
>>49759842
>my hobby got a board
>boy that sure damaged it
There's even IDs over there. Which /tg/ has asked for multiple times in /qa/ threads alongside banning the cancerous CYOA shit.
Be happy.
>>
>>49759834
What other purpose could they possibly serve? They're more than animals, but with no moral culpability for murdering them. That's why they're in Tolkien.
>>
>>49759862
My hobby got a dead board that stifles most of the threads and has no posters.
Also, IDs are double edged, since they force everyone to be un-anon, which makes it easy to attack a poster for previous posts.

I'll be happy when the board is deleted. It was a flawed premise from the start, and even now the rules in place cause issues and the technical side of things isn't stable. 72 hour autosage serves no usability purpose. It just means that dead threads fall off in about 13 days instead of existing perpetually.
>>
File: 139346801153.jpg (162KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
139346801153.jpg
162KB, 1920x1080px
>>49759930
>I'll be happy when the board is deleted.

Guess you're placing happiness beyond your reach, eh?
>>
>>49759930
If IDs just make it easier to attack a poster for their posts maybe questers should try to be excellent to each other instead of vindictive cunts.

Once again, self inflicted problem.
>>
>>49759872

Funnily enough, I think Tolkien was very conflicted about the idea, him being catholic and all, and never flat-out said they were unreedemable.

Anyway, suppose that orcs or whatever ARE actually without moral culpability. Better: that this is what they teach you and you haveno way to think otherwise.
And suppose an orc pledges himself guilty and that he'll do anything to try to change his ways.Perhaps going into prison or whatever.

Would that mean that mercy in this case is killing the motherfucker?
>>
>>49760004
Anonymity is best. And there is none on /qst/ unless you want to look like a samefagging bastard with a dynamic IP.
>>
>>49760004
>let us create the hugbox we've always dreamed of comrades
>>
>>49760019
Since when did you assume you deserved an anonymous imageboard?

>>49760022
Well according to him it's not a hug box at all.
>>
File: 1273299126140.jpg (20KB, 270x240px) Image search: [Google]
1273299126140.jpg
20KB, 270x240px
>>49759615
>people reposting my comic
This feeling is unfamiliar. What is this? Is it pride? I've never felt this before.
>>
>>49760009
The answer depends on a wide variety of factors, and is ultimately entirely subjective, like with all moral questions.

Fuck D&D and fuck alignment
>>
>>49760048
>Since when did you assume you deserved an anonymous imageboard?
Since when did anyone here have to "deserve" anything?
Quests were not some nebulous "other". They were /tg/. Started on /tg/ by /tg/ posters, for /tg/ posters. And /tg/ is anonymous. It provably worked better.
>>
>>49759685
jfc I didn't know it was that bad

>>49756204
Personally I don't really care for most other rpg communities but sometimes I see decent normie ideas on r/rpg, r/dnd or another subreddit that's for DMs. Most of it's entry level fallacious thinking but sometimes you come across decent stuff.

Most rpg communities do seem to be pretty shit and while tripfags can be annoying at least it isn't as bad as the e-celeb bullshit people try to pull on other sites.
>>
>>49759724
Then, the board will be dead.
>>
>>49759872
I'm talking about why people write them that way in fiction. In universe sure, they're a horde of savage murder fuckers that are coming over the hill, so grab a goddamn spear and shut up.

But when we're talking about how authors create things and readers absorb them, xenophobia is exactly why those races are the way they are in fiction.

There was a thread the other day trying to figure out how goblin society could even form, and a couple people pointed out that it couldn't. The always hostile, always aggressive, backstabbing idea of a chaotic evil society would ensure its own implosion.

That perception of other cultures has been around for a long time, and the idea that some races are just evil is reflected in a lot of genre fiction.
>>
>>49760085
ACKCHYUALLY they were kicked off /a/ for being unrelated garbage.
>>
File: sexy diarrhea.jpg (72KB, 480x470px) Image search: [Google]
sexy diarrhea.jpg
72KB, 480x470px
Which forum is it that has moderators that track your offsite activities with your IP address and email, and try to find you talking shit about their forum on other websites, and ban you based on that?
>>
>>49760085
>It provably worked better.
If it did then the /qst/ mods would change it. Because it hasn't been changed it's not a problem, like quests were, when they were changed to not be on /tg/.
>>
>>49760072
lmao do u even know what board you're on see this is why questers got exiled to their own board
>>
What's the deal with questfags and their bitching about EVERYTHING

Even when they get their own board they come back to bitch

literally the /tg/ equivalent of bronies and pokefags

>>49760109
what the fuck

only thing I could think of that does something like this might be ED but I doubt it
>>
>>49760102
In 2012.
But guess what? The very first quest was Ruby Quest, on /tg/ in 2008.

Now say it with me kids!
2008 is four years before 2012! Four entire years. That's as many as two twos.
>>
>>49760072

Depends though. Many games have an "objective" measure of "goodness", and no, not only the ones with alignment (which isn't bad because it's objective, but because it tries to be all-encompassing and fails miserably at that).

Also, morals IRL are a collective and cultural thing. Even if the paladin saves the orc because his god says she should, that doesn't mean the villagers (or the priests) will be alright with that.
>>
File: 1474936257885.jpg (69KB, 472x472px) Image search: [Google]
1474936257885.jpg
69KB, 472x472px
>>49760085
Quests came from across 4chan. They were only a problem when /tg/ became the quest board. There is absolutely nothing /tg/ about Faggot Bleach Quest Part 102. All the "creative" ideas guys who flocked to /tg/ for quests contributed strongly to shitposting and degrading the quality of the board because they are fucking NARPfag losers and are only here because "lel anything goes on /tg/ xd" and so they made dozens of threads about SHIT THAT NEVER HAPPENED because there are enough of the parasites to sustain the circlejerk.
>>
>>49760111
>/qst/ mods

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
Oh wait, you're serious. Let me laugh harder.
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
/qst/ doesn't have "mods". It has one mod who barely looks at it once in a while.
>>
>>49760144
Questers; Egoistic vindictive condescending pretend-oldfags, the post. t. questers

>>49760139
It's a real problem. They just can't stay contained.
>>
>>49760139
http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/search/text/%2Fqst%2F/deleted/deleted/

Go back a few pages. Look at the literally dozens of pages of anti-questers crying.
>>
>>49758729
Technically, that's two sentences.

Other than that, carry on.
>>
>>49760178
It's just people seeing cancer and pointing it out.

Like I am right now with your post.
>>
>>49760166
Sounds about right

>>49760161
I ignore/hide quest threads because they're shit but I'll agree that NARPers are a cancer on /tg/, especially the ones who try to make le ebin greentext stories that never happened.

>>49760178
back to your containment board, please
>>
>>49760100
>There was a thread the other day trying to figure out how goblin society could even form, and a couple people pointed out that it couldn't. The always hostile, always aggressive, backstabbing idea of a chaotic evil society would ensure its own implosion.
That's retarded. If it were true, gangs wouldn't be able to form, and yet they're fucking everywhere.
>>
>>49759009
>>49759048
The day that I found out that /qst/ was created was the best day of my summer.

I know questfags don't want to hear it, but quests are irrelevant to /tg/, and they took up a lot of room. The only reason that you thoght they didn't take up much room is because you came here looking for them.

>inb4 look how many shitty threads we have now that quests are gone!1!1!
Yes, but they're /tg/ related shitty threads. When I get on /tg/, I want to see posts about Traditional Games, whether those be shitty or not. If the thread is shit then I can rip on OP. If it's not, then everyone wins.

If you weren't participating in a quest, what could you do with it? If you shitposted in it you got banned, you could filter it, but as soon as the next one popped up then it would be taking space too.

>>49759203
This anon is the most right person in the thread.
>>
>>49756315
>>49756283
I just take everything 343 did to halo as nightmares in Master Chief's mind as he's floating in cryo sleep, it malfunctions and he experiences nightmares about terrible mary sues and teenagers never seeing combat killing genuine war heroes and pissing on every sacrifice the UNSC ever did for humanity.
>>
>>49760158
No, it doesn't depend. It is never "objective". Metaphysics are inviolable across all realities. If a moral claim is objectively true, a nonsensical idea, then it is so for us as well as your whizzard.

Example: a gnostic is a gnostic regardless whether there are dragons, fairy men, or sky daddies around lobbing thunderbolts.
>>
>>49760213
>gangs=/=stable societies
Gangs are one aspect of a complex species, composed primarily of young males with little opportunity and even less brains. If an entire species was like that they'd go extinct
>>
>>49760223
>The only reason that you thoght they didn't take up much room is because you came here looking for them.
No, they didn't take up a lot of room because I actually looked at the actual numbers. Quests took up less than ten threads at any given time. Out of 160.
And I didn't "come here looking for them" because I was already here. They're /tg/ related in the exact same way that RPGs are, for the same reason.

>If you weren't participating in a quest, what could you do with it?
Ignore it, just like you ignore the dozens and dozens of other threads you don't post in.
It's sad that there are people this blinded by their hate for badwrongfun that they can't understand what to do about a small number of threads they don't personally like.
>>
File: go back.jpg (6KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
go back.jpg
6KB, 275x183px
>>49760264
Seriously now, fuck off to the other side of the wall Jose and stay on your board. You tired us all with your baby tears.
>>
>>49760293
>Those threads aren't the threads you like, end of story.
Don't put words into my mouth, and especially not words so hypocritical.

If there's content I don't like, I ignore it. When there was content you didn't like, you cried like a little bitch.
That's the core difference. I just want one of the types of threads I enjoyed back and not in a dead board. You actively want to get rid of things you don't like at the expense of others.
>>
>>49760312
>your board
But it was made for you. It's your board, not mine.
>>
>>49760264
>Ignore it, just like you ignore the dozens and dozens of other threads you don't post in.
They literally made up half the front page on any given day, and always got kicked to the front immediately, and discussion threads would get drowned out.
>It's sad that there are people this blinded by their hate for badwrongfun that they can't understand what to do about a small number of threads they don't personally like.
Did you not even read what I wrote? I don't care if you guys want to play your weird games. You were given your own goddamn, custom made board, and instead of being ecstatic you're here bitching about it like a baby.
>>
>>49760324
People have already done so. Nothing changed, or was even acknowledged.
Maybe it wouldn't have been so bad if they had actually listened to criticism and made some improvements, but the damage is done now.
>>
>>49760223
The problem with that is that now that they realized that if they can get anything if they whine loud enough, people are crying to get rid of anything that they don't like on /tg/, regardless of whether or not it's /tg/-related.
I've seen people claim that Worldbuilding, storytimes, basically anything that isn't a general are "off-topic"

As someone in another thread pointed out; why not just make /tg/ bigger? Or just put some new rules on /tg/ that limit how many quest threads could be up at the same time and what kind of quests belonged here?
There seemed to be a lot of solutions that would have solved everyone's gripes with quest threads on /tg/ that would have been much easier than making an entire board.
>>
>>49760352
>muh front page
You know that both filters and a catalog exist, right? All the discussion threads I was in were just fine.

The board is literally dead, and is full of features that actively inhibit quests. It's not a good board and does not help. It has only hurt questing. Nobody wanted it but you hateful faggots.
>>
Rolled 26 (1d100)

>>49760358
I've seen some faggot say that they should get rid of the dice feature on /tg/ now that quests are gone.
>>
File: 1475993958407.gif (3MB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1475993958407.gif
3MB, 200x200px
>>49756204
Most communities are hot garbage. /tg/ also has shit post quality, but the anonymity really helps, as does the lack of punitive moderation. /hwg/ and /sos/ are the two perfect examples of threads which probably wouldn't work anywhere else on the internet.
The latter has a running joke where half of the audience are hard-left commies and the other half are /pol/-tier fascists, but they all get along because they can't tell each other apart. Identity is the cancer that kills forums, because once someone insults you or says something stupid, you hold it against them forever even if you're not trying to. Every engagement with them becomes one in a long series of battles to revenge yourself upon them for prior slights or to remind them of their own stupidity from the past, or to praise them for advocating beliefs you share or ideas you think are good. It adds a layer of politics over what should be a forum for the discussion of one subject. It's like a permanent meta-thread. We all hate meta threads because we sense innately that they are this sort of cancer writ small.

This is also why tripfags are so bad. It's not that any of them say anything stupider than the average channer, but when I see Magus O'Grady I remember every stupid ignorant thing that cuntface ever said, so it doesn't matter if what he's saying is perfectly reasonable right now, it's colored by previous interactions. Only a very few, like KM, who stick entirely to sharing facts and pictures and such in an impartial manner, or who hold the title only when performing some specific task like talking about the game they're developing or an episodic story, etc, are tolerable.
>>
>>49760388
>quester false-flagging
Welp, discussion over. Everything is false flagging now.
You're just an anti-quester false-flagging as a quester false-flagging as an anti-quester.

But really, that guy is right. It happened with the erp threads and the whining never stopped, because it would work eventually. The mods rewarded that behavior more than once and now it's the norm.
>>
>>49760405
It takes over a week for threads to fall off the board.
>>
>>49760333
no you
>>
>>49760358
Here's the core difference though:

You are talking about a lunatic fringe that everyone laughs at for being fucking stupid dickshits. The same morons that want the entire board to be exclusive to the thing they like and everything else should be shat on. The majority over here though didn't like quests, no matter how much samefagging went on. And now you got removed, because even the mods figured out this was right.
>>
>>49760435
>excessive
Ten threads that are mostly unrelated to each other is "excessive" now?
>>
>>49760453
And none of those boards are considered healthy.
/qst/ is that slow despite being brand new.
>>
>>49760455
> The same morons that want the entire board to be exclusive to the thing they like and everything else should be shat on.
Nobody said this except anti-questers using a strawman.
>The majority over here though didn't like quests, no matter how much samefagging went on
The silent majority that never, ever manifests and never did despite almost a decade of claims that they existed.

>And now you got removed, because even the mods figured out this was right.
In the first day, the "victory laps" were so annoying that the mods started to ban anyone doing them on sight and didn't enforce /qst/ for over three months.
>>
>>49760470
>>
>>49759203

Questfags gave the board as much care as the manager/mods behind it's creation did.

Which is to say fucking nothing. It's a wonder they managed to talk them down from only having ops be able to post pictures, and there had been all of 4 mod posts during the rolling feedback sticky.
>>
>>49757639
>quests
but weren't quests driven off?

>captcha is Pine SUPPLIES
I dont' understand
>>
>>49760507
A handful of people not using the board wouldn't have killed it if it was actually big enough to be a board. The reason they had any impact at all was that questers as a whole are only a double handful.
>>
File: smug_animu_gorilla.gif (2MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
smug_animu_gorilla.gif
2MB, 500x281px
>>49760493
>still whining
Forgot where the exit is, Pedro?
>>
>>49760529
>the content isn't related
But it is related.
One of the quests that was literally deleted from /tg/ in the move actually used a variant of Pathfinder as its system. Most of the rest had rules lite systems in place.
>>
File: 1475781206788.png (565KB, 746x599px) Image search: [Google]
1475781206788.png
565KB, 746x599px
>>49759491
>heroes never ask why
>>
>>49760540
How many times did you get banned for posting ">>>/qst/"?
I bet it was a lot.
>>
>>49760556
Most of my shit is RPGs and Battletech, actually.
>>
>>49760406
/sos/ periodically turns into Quest-Lite, but nobody notices because it permanently hovers on Page 6.
>>
>>49756315

So 343 couldn't make of him what they're doing to everyone else like Master Chief.
>>
>>49760455
>The majority over here though didn't like quests
Really?
Because when the mods posted a thread discussing the "possibility" of a quest board, I remember it being met with staggering disapproval.
>>
>>49760161
>>49760209
I'm not hip with our board's fast-paced, cutting-edge lingo. What the shit's a NARPer? Or more specifically, what does the N stand for?
>>
File: 1231050814491.gif (29KB, 100x100px) Image search: [Google]
1231050814491.gif
29KB, 100x100px
Stay classy.
>>
I don't know whats worse, questers bitching or playing FATAL.
>>
>>49760634
Never Actually RolePlayed
>>
>>49760641
Don't post that here! You'll trigger them.
>>
>>49760645
The anti-quester bitching was worse. Eight years and a hell of a lot of whiny metathreads worse.
>>
>>49760656
I cannot believe I didn't figure that out on my own. Thank you, though.
>>
Got awfully silent all of the sudden...
>>
>>49760698
Someone must have started a new thread, instantly killing this one because that is clearly how threads work.
>>
>>49760726
No, it was a dozen or so threads all bumping at once. It shook up the pixels, you know.
My reply box collapsed and I can only post now through sheer willpower and remembering where the post button is.
>>
File: 1475709962664.png (40KB, 290x367px) Image search: [Google]
1475709962664.png
40KB, 290x367px
>>49760630

As someone who has wavered back and forth between being pro and anti quest, I've found that most anons tend to think that their stance is full of level headed and reasonable guys in large numbers while the other is a small group of vocal shitposters out to ruin there day.

I'm not even trying to be a middle of the road contrarian here. It's just some sort of confrontational blindness that seems to infect particularly heated internet arguments. While I'll never have official numbers without seeing if Hiro is open to bribes, I'd wager both sides exist in fairly equal numbers that ebb and flow depending on which side made or highjacked a particular thread.

At this point I'll side with whoever would get everyone to stop bitching about quests, but I think at this point the internet at large just seems to be fixated with polarizing themselves on opposite extremes no matter what the argument.
>>
>>49760726
New threads start with a "Slay Active Thread" spell.
>>
Ever since quests got removed I have made it my purpose to intentionally create shitty threads. Not because I ever posted in a quest thread, because I didn't, but because I find the "quests killed god threads" argument to be completely disingenuous.

Ironically, some of those threads really took off.
>>
>>49760406
This man gets it.
>>
>>49760630
That's because it drew in all the actual questers who all were of course against it, while people that were against quests were doing actual thread stuff.

Personally I ran a quest of sorts for 70 threads but I've always been against them and still feel guilty about it.

/qst/ was a good idea and still is a good idea.
>>
>>49760784
It's sad that people want to do extreme things, rather than to work together and discuss viable solutions that will satisfy both sides.
If people could just not force their vision and tried to understand the other side and tried to cure each other's butthurts, a lot of people wouldn't be this salty right now
>>
>>49760800
>Slay Active Thread
>2MP Hex
>auto-hastened cast
>INT 2 req. only
>no reagents
>makes its own slot
SAT balance is fucked and OP, Hiro pls nerf.
>>
>>49760833
>That's because it drew in all the actual questers who all were of course against it, while people that were against quests were doing actual thread stuff.
Do you have even a shred of evidence to back that up? I found that thread just by browsing. I think it was even stickied.
And since so many people who hate quests seem to use the front page, they should have seen it right at the very top.
>>
>tfw i have to go to other forums for reliable discussion on Burning Wheel
>>
>>49760838
Viable solutions had been offered before.
The vast majority of quests self-tagged themselves with the word quest to be easily filtered (And the ones that didn't were called out on it or are only considered quests by people who are blindly hating on things) and "make quests bump to page 2 instead of page 1" was a constant suggestion.
But that wasn't enough for those faggots, and the page 2 thing was always answered with "no, quests should be completely banned!!"
>>
>>49760875
Are you me?
>>
>>49760875
OH SHIT SOMEONE ELSE KNOWS ABOUT BURNING WHEEL

Is this what it feels like to suddenly shed hipsterdom?
>>
>>49760833
>70 thread quest
>But I totally hated it
Uhuh.
>>
>>49760860
Well, I admit I did post a link to it in /qstg/, the Quest Thread General we had to talk about quests.
>>
>>49760784
>...but I think at this point the internet at large just seems to be fixated with polarizing themselves on opposite extremes no matter what the argument.

You've just described the human condition. The Internet's done nothing but make it easier for us.
>>
>>49760883
It's a really big problem, I know.
Burning Wheel is too story-gamey for /tg/, I think, or maybe there's just a complete lack of people who know about it and like it on this board.
Same with the rest of Luke Crane's works.
>>
>>49760888
I didn't say that though anon. Do you not speak English? You should work on your reading comprehension.

I said I felt guilty, not that I completely hated it.
>>
>>49760893
And links were posted in the three or four /qa/ "Cry about quests existing" threads.
>>
>>49760886
>>49760875>

Ok so we have three people.. how many do we need for a general?
>>
>>49760886
I KNOW MAN
I'm running my first game of it, we're three sessions in and loving it
/bwg/ when?
>>
>>49760910
>Most people knowing /qa/ exists most of the time

Might as well post links in /po/.
>>
>>49760914
At least four anons and one really annoying tripfag.
>>
>>49760914
>Wanting a general
Fuck no, Generals are awful.
>>
>>49760922
The anti-quest metathreads on /qa/ got more posters than the anti-quest metathreads here on /tg/.
Not that it's a hard milestone for a thread to reach. This thread has about 4 or 5 times as many posters as the average anti-quest metathread used to get.
>>
>>49760879
the self tagging thing is really the most fun thing to point out.

>"Hey if we agree to all do this so you can just filter us will you stop the endless bitching"
>"sure"
>*quests start self-tagging*
>bitching continues being endless

desu the questers should have stopped tagging since it was clear the butthurt brigade wasn't interested in cooperation.
>>
>>49760934
I know but..... there might be others? we have to try and find the last few of us. band together.
>>
>>49760928
Making a general right now.
>>
>>49760895

I guess that's true. Maybe it's only starting to sink in for me since it's been shitting up my internet time for the last handful of years. /po/ vs SJW, MRA vs feminism, liberal vs conservative, etc.

>>49760914

It's not a number of people so much as a decent steady stream of new content. It's why Malifaux went from sporadic threads into a popular general and why Unknown Armies receded into the annals of /tg/ long past until the Kickstarter happened. If you get that content stream going you could have consistent generals about anything.
>>
>>49760904
What's the quest, fuckface.
>>
>>49760946
The most important thing is /qst/ exists now so you lose.

Go enjoy your superior board tailor made for quests with better tools for it.
>>
>>49760958
Fuck that let's just hijack this thread. It's shit anyways.

TELL ME YOUR CAMPAIGNS.
>>
>>49760946
Well, the tagging was useful for people looking for specific quests too.
I've seen at least a few people say that they stopped having issues with quests when they were easier to filter, so it at least worked somewhat.
>>
>>49760967
>so you lose
All we have to do is bitch hard enough and then you'll "lose" again. If it worked four times, it'll work a fifth.
>>
>>49760879
then isn't it the anti-questfags fault for not cooperating?
I mean it's not that hard to add 'quest' to their filter. I dunno much about coding so unsure about the bump to page 2 issue.
>>
>>49760965
King of Dragon Pass threads, the Runic Men one. As far as I know it was the only game of KoDP on /tg/ that actually went all the way to completion.

Was more of a group game of course, which is why I said "of sorts".
>>
>>49760964
>liberal vs conservative
This is the most fun one, at least from a non-american perspective.
They don't even have the words right.
>>
>>49760968
>and one really annoying tripfa
Basically created a Dark souls style game, where the gods were packing up the world much like a game board. As such all the pieces and places are pooling into the middle. Pushing it all together and leaving only the great figures, movers and monsters of history to bump into each other. The players were immortals, doomed to live in this world as it got smaller and smaller or they find there way to heaven.

Dying just meant they came back, the difference being that sometimes they would come back imperfect... I would swap out a life path now and then. Or change a drive e.t.c
>>
File: crying laughing.jpg (81KB, 440x384px) Image search: [Google]
crying laughing.jpg
81KB, 440x384px
>>49760992
Yes, like /jp/ and /vg/ and /m/ and /pol/ and /mlp/ and /vp/.

You suffering sustains me.
>>
>>49760967
>>49760992
can both of you stop posting with such hate to each other
>>
>>49760998
>then isn't it the anti-questfags fault for not cooperating?
Maybe.
But I almost doubt that they actually had an impact. Sure, they like to take credit, but the mod who made the board seemed more clueless rather than malicious towards quests. It was always worded as a positive thing, even when told why it wasn't, and even in the announcement thread, the victory lapping anti-questfags were given three day bans.
>>
>>49760968
Well, I'm running a Mesopotamian inspired Bronze Age campaign focused around a travelling caravan.
THe players are:
>A wizened old storyteller from the nomadic northern hill tribes
>A seamstress from the southern city states
>A crooked merchant-thief from the far east
>A warrior, wizard, scholar, and gentleman from the insular west
Their quest? To reach the far east or player 3's homeland.
>>
>>49760967
>tailor made for some retarded mod's idea of what quests need
ftfy
A solid 99% of why questfags refused to touch the place was because the feedback thread was full of people pointing out ways to make the place less shit and all of that feedback was quietly ignored.

Unless something changed since I last looked at the place, the rules were set up such that all threads had to be an active quest. That'd be like if /tg/ was only allowed to discuss game mechanics. No lore, no storytime, just rules.
>>
File: Happy jack.jpg (17KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
Happy jack.jpg
17KB, 500x375px
>>49760964
>/po/ vs SJW
>orgamifags making paper-mache penises and mailing them to feminists
>>
>>49761031
Alright, I'll stop. He was bitching about having his own special board devoted to his interest that never really belonged here on /tg/ so I felt I should voice an opposition.
Other guy, enjoy getting the last word since I know you can't resist.
>>
>>49761031
No.
They've been attacking one of my hobbies for literally years, and continue to attack it even though they got what they wanted.
Also, they act like they own the board and that just rubs me the wrong way. I'd defend anything these faggots attack, even if I agree with them.
>>
>>49761053
>>49760964

As a /pol/lock, I like /po/. Best board, cutest board.
>>
>>49761053
oh fuck it's too late to laugh this hard
>>
>>49761057
>>49761060
>"Father."
>"Yes, son?"
>"Why do they look the same?"
>>
File: slashpol papercraft.jpg (145KB, 750x574px) Image search: [Google]
slashpol papercraft.jpg
145KB, 750x574px
>>49761072
>>
File: Cash.jpg (1MB, 2331x3000px) Image search: [Google]
Cash.jpg
1MB, 2331x3000px
>>49761014
Sure we do. Relatively speaking both of the parties are liberal, but only one of them is conservative. American "leftism" is still a quarter mile to the right of anywhere in Europe except maybe Poland, all you need to do that is look at the candidates.

>Alright, so we're the leftist party right? Sure. So who're our choices.
>Well we've got this right wing corporate-owned warhawk who hates the Russians and thinks of poor people as cattle
>And we've got this really moderate center-left socialist.
>Hillary Clinton it is then.

I guess there's the Greens? That's where the actual leftists hang out, spraypainting bulldozers and giving hormone treatments to 12 year olds or whatever it is they do.
>>
>>49761094
Because you're mostly blind.
>>
>>49761094
Well son, you see, they're actually the same kind of poster from the same board, even though one of them likes to pretend that the other one doesn't belong.
>>
>>49761094
Probably because they've spent too much time on the internet.

Like you, son. Now go mow the fucking lawn one last time before it snows.
>>
>>49760968
>>49761020
>>49760928
>>49760914
>>49760886
>>49760883
General thread is made, lads.
>>
>>49761149
NO YOU'VE GONE TO THE DARK SIDE
>>
>>49761057
well apparently his board has a problem and the mods aren't helping. sounds like a shitty situation to me.

>>49761060
so you're opposing them because their kind of behaivor will allow it to spread even more?
to be fair that kind of thing happens to a lot of boards.

>>49761094
you're not helping.
>>
>>49761121
It's bizarre but Hillary is actually more right wing than trump.
>>
>>49761094
>"Because you're an autistic piece of shit that got dropped when you were a baby. Son."
>>
>>49761154
Alternatively, we can just keep discussing it in here. The general might pick up some other stragglers.
>>
>>49761148
But why? The cold will cause the grass to dry up and then you can mow it later, when it'll help protect the soil underneath it over the winter. You should also run your mower sometime over the winter, anyway, to prevent any excessive water buildup from condensation if you keep it outside. Lost one of my old mowers that way.
>>
>>49759685
Source?
>>
>>49760358
>>49760493

The more I see these posts, the more I think it's just two or three guys making them. And it's not because of the points being made, it's the almost identical tone, diction, and grammar. Honestly, I find it more spooky than anything

or maybe they're all robots
>>
>>49761181
Wow I guess my dad was full of shit.

Fuck me anon. Fuck me.

You've made me realize some real stuff today.
>>
>>49761203
I'm glad something good came out of this thread.
>>
>>49761170
On social issues Hillary Clinton is clearly more of a social liberal than Donald Trump, her various faults in that area considered. On economic issues it's muddled. Both candidates are the business candidates, but Clinton has shown more willingness to bend to the more liberal wing of her party over issues like the TPP. Trump has very populist, very protectionist rhetoric, however, and also opposes the TPP, which is ties into his anti-immigrant positions; Clinton's capitalism is of the more cosmopolitan sort.
>>
>>49761203
Nah mate, I'm sure your dad just took pride in a very neat lawn, and that's alright. I can deal with a little bit of a choppy lawn if it'll get be a robust green in the seasons when I'll use it.
>>
>>49761198
on the internet, nobody will know that they are a robot.
>>
>>49759260
as a poster in dnd and (rarely) mtg threads, i do in fact read warhammer threads sometimes. quests were fucking annoying though and i am glad to see them gome
>>
I'm not a robot.
>>
>>49761330
YOU CAN'T PROOVE IT

>captcha is JOSE REYES MEZA TOUCH
it's trying to communicate! KILL IT!
>>
>>49759260
I don't play 40k or DnD and those threads are fine.

Quests a really are a waste though, off topic every one. Better in /qst/.
>>
I am not a robot.
>>
File: nano robot struggle.png (88KB, 336x365px) Image search: [Google]
nano robot struggle.png
88KB, 336x365px
>>49761431
>>
>>49758929
The only actual casualty is Lego Quest. There was nothing else worthwhile in that community.
>>
>>49759685

The Inner Party can say whatever they like.
>>
>>49759518
This is why critical failures are asinine.
>I buy drinks for everyone in the tavern and make small talk, hoping to hear local rumours
>Roll Diplomacy
>I get a 1
>The tavern goers are infuriated by your generosity and start to throw tavern peanuts at you.

>I tap on the wall checking for a hollow sound.
>Roll Investigation
>I get a 1
>You hear jack shit.

>Does the blood spatter look like its linear and comes from one direction?
>Roll Investigation
>I get a 1
>You can't tell.
>>
>>49760242

The definition of gnosticism isn't set in stone by metaphysics. It's just, y'know, a definition. Gnosticism remains the same in other dimensions because it is a word with an easily agreed upon definition. "Good" and "evil" are also just words, except they don't have an easily agreed upon definition.
>>
>>49761721
This is why critical failures are a fast way to figure out how inventive your GM is, or isn't.
>>
>>49759036
You know, I was the one who screen capped that and I didn't even find it funny. I just wanted to kill the thread for being terrible. Now I've see. That image at least five times today.
>>
>>49761721
i remember an advice, saying that crits/degree of success should be 'yes,and/yes,but/no,but/no,and' type of deal. makes it more interesting ro something.
>>
>>49760358

The anti-quest thing was never about actually being upset about quests. It was a tribal thing. Some people have hating quests as part of their identity. The goal is not to actually prevent some perceived harm to /tg/, which is why no alternative solution will be accepted. The goal is to make a public show of hating quests, and thus fit in with other quest haters. This social bugbear is one that anonymity has not been able to solve - even without longterm reputations to uphold, it turns out people still like splitting up into tribes and hating members of the other tribe for no fucking reason at all.
>>
>>49760213
If you'd ever been in a gang, you'd realize that they're far less internally internecine than you believe.

People join gangs to feel like they belong, that they have a place within a community. Gangs, though they often engage in conflict with wider society, usually have pretty decent internal cohesion, even structural hierarchy.
>>
>>49759465
Hey it's the butt hurt tau fag.
>>
>>49761777
Then you have nobody to blame but yourself.
>>
>>49761721
If it's a task you would succeed on a 1, you don't need to roll. The second and third ones are perfectly valid; the character attempts to discern information and they are insufficiently capable of it.
>>
>>49756204
>How would people accept it as an heir
Because the king said so, he's a fucking King, nobody questioned Arthur when he handed the crown to Constantine on his fucking death bed, or even when he left Mordred in charge when he went to fight the Romans despite him being nowhere near the most senior and experienced member of the Knights of the Round Table at the time.
Like...that's not even an issue, what are the peasants going to do? Revolt? In a fantasy setting where the king probably has actual god damn magic?

...I am putting too much actual thought into this fucking tumblr tornado of terror you've escaped.
>>
File: rise_if_you_would.jpg (40KB, 500x384px) Image search: [Google]
rise_if_you_would.jpg
40KB, 500x384px
>>49760645
Say what you will, FATAL is fun in a "Let's see how far this goes" sorta way.
My college group rolled up 2 characters (took about a week to get it right) and had them fight each other at a crossroad, many laughs were had.
>>
File: naptime.gif (479KB, 136x145px) Image search: [Google]
naptime.gif
479KB, 136x145px
>>49758188
Mass Mindrape for a utopia is basically the go to "villain plan" in anime (especially mecha for...some reason) since 2006 and it hasn't stopped, so seeing people IRL think it's achievable is both not that shocking and rather annoyingly trite.
>>
File: diediedie.gif (605KB, 500x199px) Image search: [Google]
diediedie.gif
605KB, 500x199px
>>49761915
>tumblr tornado of terror
>>
>>49759685
>rape culture.

...sir, where do you think you are right now?
>>
>>49762088
I'unno. But I got this elf slave here...

wat do?
>>
>>49760059
Issa good comic man.
>>
>>49762118
Like marriage, it's not rape if it's your property.
>>
>>49760100
Funny enough, my Campaign has both of those races doing interesting things.

For Goblins, they worship the diety of greed and primarily stayed in small tribes for all of history, until two years before the beginning of the campaign. My players are slowly finding out how and why Goblins are being united and organized into a Roman-esque empire.

The orc in my world, meanwhile, are a lot like Klingons. They see war and competition as a challenge, and honor as shown through strength and challenge. They do not kill mercilessly, but they do kill, honorably.
>>
I like how this thread has been going so far.
>>
>>49762183
It's pleasantly schizophrenic.
>>
>>49762190
I almost want to start a thread with obvious bait to draw in random forum users, questfag/antiquestfags, and /pol/ when this thread dies, just to hava nother thread like this again.
>>
>>49760230
Good way to look at it.
>>
>>49760100
Oh no, I totally agree. It's racist as shit. All of the early fantasy authors are super racist. Only shitty academic-ivory-colored-glasses protect Tolkien, but in many ways he's even more racist than Howard was. At least for Howard, the inferior peoples would inherit the earth (which is also a theme in Smtih and Lovecraft). Tolkien humanizes the orcs more than the obviously Middle Eastern expy humans.

Race essentialism is something I avoid in my games, heavily. Not because I'm an SJW, but because it's stupid as fuck and white supremacy isn't my magical realm.
>>
>>49762224
Never again 24/7.

Pure poetry.

Do it.
>>
>>49759033
You know, I always thought it was odd that they moved quests but not CYOAs. I could definitely buy quests not being sufficiently /tg/ related to remain on /tg/, ok...but CYOAs are, somehow?
>>
>>49762278
but my bait-fu is weak.
how do I do it?
>captcha is Technomat Chinese Medical
I really don't understand what's up with captcha today
>>
>>49761721
>I buy drinks for everyone in the tavern and make small talk, hoping to hear local rumours
You roll for this in Dungeon World, as one big roll for looking up rumors. That is, if I'm lazy, and make you roll for it.

Ahem. While you're talking, you slip and fall headlong into the largest halforc in the bar, spilling his beer.

>I tap on the wall checking for a hollow sound.
You don't roll for this in Dungeon World.

>Does the blood spatter look like its linear and comes from one direction?
You don't roll for this in Dungeon World.

Dungeon World is not D&D.
>>
>>49762338
Dungeon World is not D&D and also not good because Dungeon World is shit but not more shit than D&D.
>>
Everyone on the internet is retarded and autistic.

The people on 4chan are retarded and autistic in very different ways than the people on discussion forums.

If you think we're less retarded or autistic than they are, it's only because you've become desensitized to our brand of retarded autism.
>>
>>49762273
>Tolkien humanizes the orcs more than the obviously Middle Eastern expy humans.

Faramir, who is completely flawless good character in the novels, voices the possibility that the Haradrim are perfectly decent people tricked by Sauron into thinking Gondor is the bad guys. That's not a lot, but it's sure as Hell more than the baby-eating orcs ever got.
>>
>>49758859

What about the last thread on page 10 when the thread was created? Gee guess you're full of shit cuz I interpreted your post too literally heh

But no srsly fuck quests I'm glad they're fucking gone, I hated having to go to page 2 every single time I came here (if I may similarly exaggerate).
>>
>>49760784

There's a name for it. It fucks up American politics too. Read a scholarly article about the effects a few weeks ago. Wish I could remember more about it now.
>>
>>49757420
Ten years ago, RPG.net was like this place is now but with less bullshit. It was the era of the 2000 page creepy gamer story thread or the 1100 page motivational poster thread.
>>
>>49762578
dude, filters are a thing.
>>
File: darth cuckerburg.jpg (18KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
darth cuckerburg.jpg
18KB, 400x400px
>>49758684
>>49758812
>>49758838
>>49758859
>Asspained questfags
Yet another reminder that it wasn't a loud minority, it was a loud majority
>>
>>49762787
I don't think an IP count of less than 20 can be considered a majority on any board except maybe /qst/ itself.
>>
>>49758684
This board is better than it's been in years now that quests and /d/lite have been banished and we are all the better for it.
>>
>>49762800
so is /qst/ that small?
>>
>>49761963

>Say what you will, FATAL is fun in a "Let's see how far this goes" sorta way.

I totally agree.

The funny thing about FATAL is that by being so awful it has legitimately made more people happy than many good games will ever do. It's like the Trolls 2 or early Chris-chan of rpgs where you can see some sort of passion went into making it, but that passion is so misguided by terrible ideas and execution that it becomes a fascinating trainwreck.

It's why no one gives a shit about Racial Holy War, which is a game about equally terrible in similar ways.
>>
>>49762823
I haven't noticed a difference. The number of threads I don't bother browsing has stayed the same, and the speed at which the threads I do browse die has also stayed the same.
>>
>>49762848
this.
>>
>>49762601

Damn, that would have been interesting to look at.

I find shit like that and Dunbar's number fascinating.
>>
>>49762840
RHW doesn't even have fully written out rules for combat though.
>>
>>49762829
Maybe not quite that small, but it was a board made for a whopping dozen threads (That didn't even have many dedicated posters) with no outside draw and no way of getting crossposters. Of course it's small. I wouldn't be surprised at all if it has less than 200 unique visitors a week.
>>
>>49762840
your post reminded me of a game brought up some time ago here, about a guy going into autistic degrees to create a loli-kidnapping basement game with dorf fort levels of complexity. with it's own code made specifically for that game, made by the same guy.
I want to forget that such a thing exists.
>>
>>49762867
then why make a board at that rate? doesn't making more boards cost more for 4chan?
>>
>>49762956
Nobody knows. The mod who seems to be in charge of it wouldn't explain why it was made.
>>
>>49762967
Well, quests don't really belong on /tg/. There's more reason for /gst/ than there was for /vp/.
>>
>>49762980
I don't understand why anyone would say this.
They're structured like RPGs. Some of them literally use RPG systems, and most of the rest use a rules-lite facsimile. Some being weeaboo has no bearing on /tg/-ness, since there's no rules about that and many /tg/ games are weeb as fuck.
Them being games themselves doesn't mean anything either, since CYOA and Risk are still allowed.
>>
>>49763019
It's not a traditional game at all.

They should expand /qst/ into /fg/ - Forum Games though, you are correct.
>>
>>49762980
the thing is, I really don't get why containment boards are a thing. people say that /pol/ and /mlp/ contain them, yet we see /pol/ in /tg/.
Now, hold up, I'm not saying that we should get rid of /pol/ or /mlp/. I'm saying that the new boards that suddenly came into existence recently that are half dead(or already dead), should be merged wit ha relevant board. why make all of those dead boards if it's going to be dead, and cost more funds to keep it up?
>>
>>49763033
What makes it not "a traditional game"? Age? Nothing /tg/ commonly talks about counts if age is a concern. Your great great grandparents couldn't play D&D or 40k.
>>
>>49763050
So /qst/ should be merged with /b/.
>>
>>49763033
although I almost agree with you, you have to admit the mods did a really half assed/shoddy job.
why are they still letting the shitty greentext threads and animu threads with vague rpg-esque pitch thrown into it? why are they allowing filename threads?
they need to be shoved back into their relevant boards. /a/ or not, whatever it is.
>>
>>49763067
That's a pretty random assessment, no pun intended.
Why should the games that were born on /tg/ and are literally the same as RPGs go on /b/?
>>
>>49763067
I dunno how that's relevant, but if it will cut down the number of boards I'm okay with it.
>>
>>49763081
They aren't traditional games, wouldn't make any sense for them to be on /tg/. If you are going to take away /qst/ then /b/ is the board that makes the most sense. Perhaps /r9k/.
>>
>>49763081
>are literally the same as RPGs

They aren't though. They aren't /tg/ related and never were, they don't belong on /tg/. Would be like deleting /jp/ allowing 2hu threads back on /a/.
>>
>>49763090
just curious, does /b/ have any advantage for quest running?
>>
>>49763098
wait, touhou isn't /a/?
>>
>>49763100
Lack of most typical rules and a relatively wide, fresh audience. No IDs so people can samefag freely.
>>
>>49763090
Why aren't they traditional games?

>>49763098
>They aren't though
Yes they are. One of the banished ones was literally run in Pathfinder. Is Pathfinder not an RPG?
>>
>>49763117
No, 2hu isn't /a/. You don't know about the /a/ /jp/ split?
You aught lurk more.
>>
>>49763122
>Is Pathfinder not an RPG?

Nope, it's shit.
>>
>>49763140
non-meme answer, please.
Is Pathfinder an RPG?
>>
>>49763122
Lots of vidya games are RPGs but they still don't belong on /tg/.
>>
>>49763130
no I know, but I always thought it was /a/ material. they're both weeb, why would they even split?
>>
>>49763152
Do lots of videogames use actual RPG systems arbitrated by dice rolls and a real human being?
>>
>>49763148
You want me to repeat myself?

It may confuse you, but I'm actually using the quote function to quote someone here.

>Nope, it's shit.
>>
>>49763119
>No IDs so people can samefag freely.
but that's a disadvantage. please be serious.
>>
Well, it doesn't fire grenades.
>>
>>49763170
/k/ go home, you're drunk.
>>
>>49763166
dude, not him, but that's wrong.
just because it's shit doesn't mean it's not an existing system.

>>49763170
what?
>>
>>49763169
Nah, you know as well as I that quest leaders tend to take part in samefagging for things they want.
>>
>>49763184
>dude, not him, but that's wrong.

No, it really is shit, anon. I mean that. It's shit.
>>
File: 387394cffeebe4e6af3652d37ed48017.jpg (278KB, 935x1243px) Image search: [Google]
387394cffeebe4e6af3652d37ed48017.jpg
278KB, 935x1243px
>>49763175
A you a wizard? I have been drinking scotch since I got home.
>>49763184
Meant to reply to >>49763148
>>
File: received_1316110091755913.gif (598KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
received_1316110091755913.gif
598KB, 640x360px
>>49762848
>>49762854
It's better because the rampant magical realm bullshit that they brought with them has subsided and I no longer have to deal with all of their animu fetish bullshit in every thread.

>>49762800

What about me and others like me who never bitched, never shitposted quest threads and never made meta threads but we're still REALLY happy to see you guys go?
>>
>>49763189
>you know as well as I
I don't.
do they?
>>
>>49763207
I know I did
>>
>>49763205
I too never really posted much about it but I also am glad to see quests go.
>>
>>49763070
>they need to be shoved back into their relevant boards. /a/ or not, whatever it is.

I agree with this. I really don't see a reason the Pokemon quest shouldn't go on the Pokemon board, the Bleach quest on the anime board, etc.

>>49763019
>CYOA and Risk are still allowed.

They're even less /tg/ related than quests, but there's only ever one or two threads of that shit at any given time so no one cares enough to make a stink.

>>49763051
What makes it not "a video game?" Just send all the quests to /v/, that'll go great.
>>
>>49763205
>rampant magical realm bullshit that they brought with them has subsided and I no longer have to deal with all of their animu fetish bullshit in every thread.
Are you literally, actually blind? If anything, those have increased. Just yesterday, there was an image dump of anime girls in skimpy clothing with giant tits. Even now, there's a couple of threads that are literally fetish anime imagedumps.

And if you really never actually said anything, then your opinion doesn't count. Maybe you should have spoken up in one of the metathreads. There were many over the past decade.
>>
>>49763200
that's like saying big rigs isn't a video game because it's shit. it's rated by ESRB, it's technically a game by all rights and standards.

>>49763205
>he says while posting an anime image.
meme answer aside, are quests really the source of all fetish?
if anything I still see fetish threads, like that goblin thread yesterday. and thinly veiled anime threads.

>>49763212
what quest? show me the trips man.
>>
>>49763237
>What makes it not "a video game?"
The fact that it's not run by a computer system and there's no video.
The exact same things that make an RPG session run over skype or IRC "not a video game".
>>
>>49763255
>not run by a computer system
And you transmitted this message to me via manual application of electrical currents, yes?
>there's no video.
So Zork isn't a video game?
>>
>>49763255
>The fact that it's not run by a computer system

It is, it's on 4chan.
>>
>>49763253
>meme answer

I just can't take anyone seriously who calls things memes because they want to slur it. How is that a meme answer? Please explain your terminology, because I don't think you actually have any behind it.

It's a dumb meme.
>>
>>49763274
>>49763275
so playing traditional games with others through the internet, like using Roll20(regardless of how bad it is), is a video game?
>>
>>49763274
Is Roll20 a video game?
Should Roll20 threads be moved to /v/?
>>
>>49763288
>>49763289
Yes, I'm glad we are in agreement here.
>>
>>49763274
>>49763275
4chan isn't the entity running the game. There's a real live human bean on the other side. I've even played normal RPGs with one QM in IRC.
>>
>>49763287
I've seen so many people trying to shut down arguments when someone posts an anime image they reply to it by using '>he replies with an anime image' and not being able to provide a good argument. in spite of this I've been trying to do this whenever possible so that it displays hot retarded it looks when it's seen from a 3rd person view.
>>
>>49763305
You're changing the subject.

Quests don't belong on /tg/, they aren't traditional games. Now that /qst/ exists nothing else really matters either way. There is more to argue about pokemon belonging on /v/ than quests on /tg/.
>>
>>49763288
>>49763289
Should Left 4 Dead be discussed here, since players and random number generators are working together to tell a story?

The reality of the situation is that quests are no more traditional games than they are video games. They're inherently different experiences.
>>
>>49763314
You thought that was a good answer? That isn't what he said at all.
>>
>>49763345
it isn't?
>>
>>49763341
By that stupid logic they wouldn't belong on /v/ or /tg/ though and would need their own board if quests are really so "special".
>>
>>49763324
You haven't explained how they aren't traditional games.
I've literally played a game that runs exactly like a quest in real life around a table. It's called Everyone Is John.
>>
>>49763341
No they aren't. Playing it over the internet is not inherently different from playing around a table. The only difference is the player to Player Character ratio. And even that's not much of a difference, considering games like Everyone Is John exist.
>>
>>49763356
No, follow the conversation. He was glad about the removal of both quests AND /d/lite, two separate things.
>>
>>49763368
Quests are no more Traditional Games than a game of Left 4 Dead, like he said.
>>
>>49763324
>cannot provide an arguement to the counterarguement and changes topic

>>49763341
are you saying that video games are telling a story?
you sound like those gamedevs that say 'our games provide a unique storytelling experience' and so on.
>>
>>49763361
>You haven't explained how they aren't traditional games.

Nothing much to explain really, it's self evident. You haven't proven how it is a traditional game.
>>
>>49763378
A game of Left 4 Dead is not arbitrated by a real person. Nobody is 'running' L4D.
>>
>>49763382
>Video Games can't tell a story but quests can

Holy crap is that pretentious. I'm so glad quests are banned from /tg/.
>>
>>49763394
A number of players dictate how a character acts entirely.
One singular person runs the game by controlling the setting and all other characters.
Both of these are set around a game system that uses dice rolls to determine success or failure.

This is exactly the same as a tabletop RPG.
>>
>>49763395
AI director.

>Real Person

How is that a requirement, that's arbitrary rule setting.
>>
>>49763405
No it isn't at all though.
>>
>>49763359
>their own board
Geez, what a crazy idea.

Sarcasm aside, I think quests shouldn't have a dedicated board, /qst/ or /tg/. They should just go to wherever their content is relevant to.

>>49763395
Oh, I see, so if I play Pathfinder strictly Rules As Written it stops being a traditional game?
>>
>>49763324
That's not changing the subject, that's you deflecting the question.

>>49763341
RNG and players does not a TTRPG make.

Having virtually infinite choices for actions at any given time, an established system of rules and played mostly through the use of imagination or props is what makes a TTRPG.

You're drifting dangerously into "no true scotsman" territory here, anon
>>
>>49763414
the AI director is not a real person.
>How is that a requirement, that's arbitrary rule setting.
Oh, so it's not a requirement? Then why are quests considered "not /tg/", but things like D&D, Dark Heresy, and Traveller are?
What's the actual difference between them?
>>
>>49763431
No, he's saying that 4chan isn't a person and it has nothing to do with anything.
>>
>>49763426
What's the difference?
You are claiming there's a massive, board splitting difference. What is it?
>>
>>49763448
Quests aren't traditional games, haven't you been paying attention?
>>
>>49763244
>Just yesterday, there was an image dump of anime girls in skimpy clothing with giant tits. Even now, there's a couple of threads that are literally fetish anime imagedumps.
Please direct me to those relevant threads so I can confirm the veracity of your claim.
>>
>>49763428
Pathfinder strictly Rules As Written is just a game engine. There's no input and no arbitration. You cannot actually play Pathfinder As Written without either a person arbitrating it (A GM) or some kind of additional CYOA rulebook that runs on random number generation.
>>
>>49763431
>Having virtually infinite choices for actions at any given time, an established system of rules and played mostly through the use of imagination or props is what makes a TTRPG.

No it doesn't, you are just setting your own connotation as the only denotation you'll accept. Stop that.
>>
>>49763456
Why aren't they?
Explain to the class.
>>
>>49763464
Then how about you give me your definition of a ttrpg?
>>
>>49763460
>. You cannot actually play Pathfinder As Written without either a person arbitrating it (A GM) or some kind of additional CYOA rulebook that runs on random number generation.

Yes you can, there are guides to play stuff like DnD and pathfinder 1 player.
>>
>>49763466
How are they are a traditional game? They're not on a table, they're not a card game, they aren't anything /tg/ at all.
>>
>>49763460
>some kind of additional CYOA rulebook

The word you're looking for is "a module."
>>
>>49763474
An RPG played on a table top.
>>
>>49763494
Whatever faggot, I don't actually play tabletop games and shit I just browse /tg/ for quests.
>>
>>49763475
>or some kind of additional CYOA rulebook that runs on random number generation.
>>
>>49763494
"a module" is something for a GM to go easymode with. Maybe you'd know that if you ever actually ran a game.

>>49763512
Stop that, you false-flagging faggot.
>>
>>49763475
Another person: those are supplements to the core game that try to replicate a GM. It is the case, however, that single player game systems, for example the Lone Wolf books, belong on /tg/.
>>
>>49763487
So is D&D not /tg/ if you play it over Skype?
Be careful, there's only one correct answer, and I don't think it's going to be the one that you will first think of.
>>
>>49763515
>some kind of additional CYOA rulebook that runs on random number generation

No, you don't need those.
>>
>>49763487
>>49763501
Go back to >>49763289
And try to convince the rest of /tg/ that playing over Roll20, Skype or Discord isn't actually /tg/.
>>
>>49763533
Then how will you play Pathfinder as Written without anyone running the game?
>>
>>49763530
>Skype

>>>/pol/
>>
>>49763487
That's an incredibly arbitrary definition. Is Hungry Hungry Hippos now /tg/? Is roll20 now anathema to /tg/?
>>
>>49763549
That's so far out there that I hesitate to call it even a non-sequitur.
>>
>>49763555
I think HHH actually is /tg/, on the same grounds that Candyland, Monopoly, or other "your aunt has this in a closet and brings it out at christmas" type games that nobody likes to play.
>>
File: dnd play.jpg (66KB, 831x445px) Image search: [Google]
dnd play.jpg
66KB, 831x445px
>>49763530
That explains it.
>>
>>49763570
D&D makes a good example, since literally everyone recognizes it for what it is, even the card game people who only post about MtG.
>>
>>49763555
HHH is /tg/.
>>
>>49763519
Or, if you're so inclined, you and all your friends can gather around and read out of the book together, without a GM.

Of course, on the flipside, if you're definition of a ttrpg is "a GM runs an adventure for the players," there are video games where one player makes a dungeon for a group of players to run through that apparently count as ttrpgs.
>>
>>49763586
>video games where one player makes a dungeon for a group of players to run through
Not part of the discussion, but what ones? I would enjoy doing that for my old group since we're spread to the four winds since leaving our hometown
>>
>>49763586
Yes they do. You don't need a table top for a game to be table top.
>>
>>49763586
Just reading the book is not playing the game.

And those games where one person makes a dungeon are still ran by a computer and the optical display it outputs is integral to the experience.
User made levels in a videogame are not /tg/.

But I can literally play a quest in real life around a real table.
>>
File: video games aren't games.jpg (807KB, 1674x1502px) Image search: [Google]
video games aren't games.jpg
807KB, 1674x1502px
>>49763586
>>49763600
Like how video games don't need to be games?
>>
>>49763601
>Just reading the book is not playing the game.

You don't get to dictate how someone else plays a game you fascist.
>>
>>49763568
>>49763583
Does HHH count under the aegis of "board games"? I figured it's more like a toy, with "board games" needing players to interact via a set of rules.
>>
>>49763621
You don't get to dictate what things are /tg/ and not you fascist.
>>
>>49763622
HHH has a set of rules.
>>
>>49763612
Is an RPG not an RPG if you play it over Roll20/Skype/IRC/Maptools; delete as appropriate?
>>
>>49763596
The one I was thinking of when I said that (I couldn't recall the name and just went to Google it) is called Dungeonland. No guarantee on it's quality, I am merely aware it exists.

>>49763601
>Just reading the book is not playing the game.
But you can go "okay, now the book says we fight 2d6 goblins, so let's roll 2d6..." Does this not count just because you say so?

>ran by a computer and the optical display it outputs is integral to the experience.

And you can't play Pathfinder without the rulebook, what's your point?
>>
>>49763636
I'm not dictating anything, I am stating objective fact. As the rules themselves dictate quests are not /tg/.

You should accept that.
>>
>>49763652
>delete as appropriate?

What?

A game can't be tabletop if it isn't played on a table top. That's basic logic there.
>>
>>49763652
No, those are on a computer with optical display outputs that are integral to the experience.
>>
>>49763658
Are gamebooks /tg/? Like the Lone Wolf series I mentioned before.
>>
>>49763665
You do realize that probably 50% of /tg/ plays games online?
Is /tg/ not /tg/?
>>
>>49763654
>But you can go "okay, now the book says we fight 2d6 goblins, so let's roll 2d6..." Does this not count just because you say so?
But you actually can't, since there's no way for the book to get you to the point where you could theoretically roll to fight goblins. There's no random start location table, no random wilderness direction location, ect. And once you get into a fight with the goblins, who controls them? They don't have an "AI" routine written in there. There's no "First round, the goblins all do this, second round, they do that".
If one of your party members is dictating anything to make that happen and controlling the enemies, then they're the GM, but have a DMPC.
As Written though, there's no way to reach that point and no way to actually make the enemy fight back at that point.

>And you can't play Pathfinder without the rulebook, what's your point?
The rulebook does not drive the game. It doesn't have AI to control the enemy.
>>
>>49763673
Fuck, time for us to go on /qa/ and start raising a stink about how roll20 players should all go to /v/ then. Who cares if they are playing a /tg/ system? The fact that they are using a computer as the communication interface totally overrides that.
>>
>>49763688
What does that have to do with anything?
>>
>>49763673
But it isn't integral to the experience, since they can be played entirely without a computer. I've had a game that switched from irl over a table to online over Roll20 and then back again as people moved around. The game itself was not interrupted or changed by this.
>>
>>49763690
Do you know what an adventure path is?

Have you not considered the notion of the players dividing control of the goblins between them, or controlling the goblins by collective consensus?
>>
>>49763699
This thread has been great for how mad you are, I'm glad I stuck around so I could just salt your wounds.
>>
>>49763710
Do you know that an adventure path is a module? It's something you still need a GM for.

>Have you not considered the notion of the players dividing control of the goblins between them, or controlling the goblins by collective consensus?
That's not rules as written. Someone has to decide that.
>>
>>49763710
So the players are acting as GMs part of the time, as that poster noted.
>>
>>49763709
>since they can be played entirely without a computer

No they can't, we're in 5 different countries.
>>
>>49763710
Shared DMing is rare, but not unheard of.
But it's also not relevant, since that's not something Pathfinder As Written allows.
>>
>>49763724
>That's not rules as written. Someone has to decide that.

Monster Manuals will tell you what a monster will do in a given situation.
>>
>>49763734
If you weren't in 5 different countries, you could play the exact same game with the exact same system without a single computer around.

If you tried to do that with a videogame, you'd fail. Unless you adapt it to a /tg/ game, of course. But then you're using a kludged together /tg/ game based on other media, and not a /v/ game.
>>
>>49763748
It doesn't dictate round by round behavior and doesn't make judgement calls. "It fights with spells and then tries to run" doesn't tell you how it opens the fight,
>>
>>49763755
>If you weren't in 5 different countries, you could play the exact same game with the exact same system without a single computer around.

But we are, so we need the computer. It is absolutely integral to the experience.
Also, they don't have the right dice so they need the software.
>>
>>49763702
It has to do with the fact that defining traditional games as "Games that are played on a table" is stupid and in this day and age of computers and smartphones, obsolete.
So your definition of what a ttrpg is no longer applies.
>>
>>49763764
>"It fights with spells and then tries to run" doesn't tell you how it opens the fight,

Yes it does, with spells.
>>
>>49763785
Which spells? It can only do so much in a round, and probably has a dozen spells it could cast, all with different, relevant applications.
Which one does it cast? The book won't tell you, because it expects there to be a DM to make a judgement call there.
>>
>>49763779
>So your definition of what a ttrpg is no longer applies.

No. A table top game must be played on a table top for it to be a table top game. It's a basic tautological statement, self evident. A table top game is a game played on a table top.
>>
>>49763799
>The book won't tell you, because it expects there to be a DM to make a judgement call there.

Actually they do usually tell you what spells they open with, in the good monster manuals from 2E. Try reading them sometime, they're a joy to read.
>>
>>49763800
It's a misnomer. Even way back when, many /tg/ games were not played on or around a table, and still are not.
>>
>>49763724
We'll have to agree to disagree, because I've yet to read or play a module where the players can't just read the module and do what it says to do next.

>Someone has to decide that.
And if the group decides collectively? Are we going to go with "Well then they're ALL GMs then"?

Nevermind all the systems that exist that don't have a GM, or the video games where one player fufills a role identical to that of a GM in traditional tabletop.

>>49763755
>But then you're using a kludged together /tg/ game based on other media, and not a /v/ game.

Oh, but "it counts as /v/ if you do it over a computer" is a completely asinine claim.
>>
>>49763810
I'm not talking about /tg/, I'm talking about ttrpg like what was said.
>>
>>49763800
Good thing /tg/ doesn't stand for table games, even if your definition were correct.
>>
>>49763823
I never said it did. I just said that retard that said TTRPG don't need to be on tabletop to be TTRPG was factually incorrect.
>>
>>49763831
Then why did you bring up something completely unrelated to the discussion at hand?
>>
>>49763816
>because I've yet to read or play a module where the players can't just read the module and do what it says to do next.
Most of them are not super strict and someone still needs to make basic judgement calls.

>Are we going to go with "Well then they're ALL GMs then"?
Yes, and the game probably falls apart soon after.

>Nevermind all the systems that exist that don't have a GM
You mean games that aren't RPGs and therefore aren't relevant to the discussion?

>or the video games where one player fufills a role identical to that of a GM in traditional tabletop.
You still haven't named any of these, but considering that the Elder Scrolls and SS13 are allowed, they probably count as honorary /tg/ too.

>Oh, but "it counts as /v/ if you do it over a computer" is a completely asinine claim.
Yes, it is.
>>
>>49763816
Or Video Games where the AI decides instead, like Left 4 Dead.

Left 4 Dead is one of the best TTRPGs of our time.
>>
>>49763842
I didn't, some guy kept insisting that table top RPGS don't need to be tabletop to be tabletop RPGS.
>>
>>49763845
L4D's AI director is not a person running a game.
>>
>>49763823
But it's not.
It doesn't magically change genres because you aren't playing on a table.
Playing D&D over Skype is no different from playing on a table.
Playing a quest on 4chan is no different from playing Everyone Is John on a table.
>>
>>49763845
>Left 4 Dead is one of the best TTRPGs of our time.

2nd Edition Left 4 Dead is the better table top RPG.
>>
>>49763863
Relax, mate, I agree. Read that post again.
>>
>>49763665
see >>49763858 and >>49763652
>Is an RPG not an RPG if you play it over Roll20/Skype/IRC/Maptools
Stop bullshitting
>>
>>49763862
It's an AI running the game, that still counts.
>>
>>49763863
TTRPG is not a genre.
>>
>>49763874
No it doesn't.

But if it did count as /tg/, then there's even less reason for /qst/ to exist, since they're an entire degree more /tg/ than something that apparently is /tg/ according to you.
>>
>Thread devolves into angry questcucks crying over how they've been kicked from /tg/

Back into the gas chamber, questfags.
>>
>>49763873
Not talking about that, talking about tabletop. Stop being wrong about basic concepts.
>>
>>49763887
Everyone else was talking about rpg's until you brought in tabletop
>>
>>49763884
No, I agree with you. /tg/ and /v/ should be merged.
>>
>>49763884
>No it doesn't.

yes it does you racist.

>>>/pol/
>>
>>49763896
>No, I agree with you.
>/tg/ and /v/ should be merged.
Your cognitive dissonance astounds me.
No one would believe you if you said you are only pretending to be retarded, by the way.
>>
>>49763895
I didn't bring it up. Some guy was making really bizarre claims about TTRPG so I wanted to clarify for him since he seems confused.
>>
>>49763906
My grandma was a racist! That's our word! You can't use that word, you pig.
>>
>>49763912
Resorting to ad hominem? Shameful.

Weird to lash out at someone who's agreeing with you though.
>>
>>49763914
>some other guy
Clarify that >>49763665 is not you then, since he's the inbred fuckwit who started the whole thing. Or maybe you're pretending to be retarded, who knows
>>
God damn I can't believe this is still only on page 8. I'm getting tired of teasing salty questfags.
>>
>>49763929
That's not ad hominem. It's just a statement.
I'm astounded that you can agree that the /v/ thing is not /tg/ and then say that /v/ and /tg/ should merge.
And then it's another statement that nobody would believe you if you claim to be pretending.
>>
>>49763951
I'm glad to waste your time, friend.
>>
>>49763944
No
>>49763431
Started it with the incorrect defintion of a TTRPG.
>>
>>49763844
>Most of them are not super strict and someone still needs to make basic judgement calls.
But not all.

>Yes, and the game probably falls apart soon after.
So we'll just water down the term "GM" until it could mean just about anything. Within the hour I'll have you claiming that if humans interact with it, it has a GM.

>You mean games that aren't RPGs and therefore aren't relevant to the discussion?
I can't think of any RPGs right now, so I won't bore you with "they exist I swear!" but I will point out that Catan doesn't have a GM, either.

>You still haven't named any of these, but considering that the Elder Scrolls and SS13 are allowed, they probably count as honorary /tg/ too.
I have a lot of fond memories of roleplaying on Starcraft custom maps in my younger years. I also recall one of the D&D MMOs having something that let you build and run dungeons? I could make a case for things like Mighty Quest For Epic Loot being only superficially different from rollplaying your way through D&D 4e.
>>
>>49763971
Time you enjoy wasting isn't wasted time. I got dual monitors too so it helps.
>>
>>49763975
You are literally claiming that a person running the game is not a GM.

Catan is not an RPG. It's a board game. It's not relevant to the discussion.
>>
>>49763953
No, he's right. It is ad hominem.
>>
>>49763982
Don't lie to me, baby. Are you getting tired, or are you having fun?
>>
>>49763992
Catan is an RPG, you play a role.
>>
>>49763972
My definition is better than yours.
By your definition, if I put a Nintendo DS on a table and then plug in and play an RPG game, I'm playing a TTRPG.
>>
>>49763996
An ad hominem requires you to not address someone's point and attack them instead.
I've addressed his points, and then made a pair of statements about my own reactions and a theoretical future statement by him.
>>
>>49764004
Oh honey, it isn't mutually exclusive. You can get tired after having wild sex as I'm sure you know well from experience, right?

It's a bit like that. Plus it's really late here.
>>
>>49764007
What role do you play in Catan? If anything you're the abstract representation of a group of settlers.
>>
>>49764007
No you don't. There are no defined characters in Catan, and you certainly don't take the role of them.
>>
>>49764011
>My definition is better than yours.

No it isn't, it's factually wrong. Just say RPG, not TTRPG.
>>
>>49764011
Yes, we have already agreed that /v/ and /tg/ should merge.
>>
>>49763992
Does Tag have a GM because we all agreed on No Tag Backs? Is Todd Howard the GM of Skyrim? You can't just boil "GM" down to "anyone with any amount of responsibility in running the game" then act like it means something.
>>
File: toddler.jpg (70KB, 615x347px) Image search: [Google]
toddler.jpg
70KB, 615x347px
>>49764051
I heard my name.

Was someone talking about preorders?
>>
>>49764051
You can't say that someone who literally is actively running the setting and NPCs is not the GM.
>>
File: Polaris.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
Polaris.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>49764073
I can if the NPCs are divided among the players, rather than all controlled by one person.

I didn't bring it up earlier because it specifically bills itself as a "story-telling experience, not a game," but Polaris divides the NPCs among the players the scene isn't currently focusing on. The closest it comes to having a GM is the person currently controlling the antagonists having more power than the others.
>>
File: frog glance_1.jpg (15KB, 400x380px) Image search: [Google]
frog glance_1.jpg
15KB, 400x380px
>>49764119

>I can if the non-player characters are . . . controlled by the players.
>>
>>49764143
Dumb frogposter.
>>
>>49764143
>>>/pol/
>>
this thread shows why we can't have nice things.
instead of working towards a solution that can satisfy both sides by giving up a little from goth sides, all of you are too busy arguing to shot that the other side side is wrong!
can't we come up with a compromise? why must we go to extremes?
>>
>>49764184
/qst/ is for quests

What is there to discuss?
>>
>>49764184
We already had a compromise, but then a mod decided to do the dumb thing and now we're here.
>>
>>49761751
>the meaning of a concept is not absolute, but defined according to a particular understanding of the concept
No fucking shit, Sherlock. You skipped the middle bit in my argument and went straight for the conclusion, but seem to have completely failed to understand that the conclusion invalidates your position.

If things are absolutely relative (and indeed they are) then there cannot ever be an objective good or evil, only varying conceptions of good and evil.

If meaning is instead inherent to some idealized form, then the existence of competing and equally valid/arbitrary ethical/philosophical paradigms which define good and evil differently still invalidates the notion of objective good or evil.

There is thus no possible way that good/evil can be objectively defined.
>>
>>49764191
Somehow I doub that you had taken this attitude in the span between 2008 and a few months ago, when /tg/ was for quests.
>>
>>49764214
/tg/ was never for quests.
>>
>>49764223
/tg/ was for quests when quests first started in 2008, and then /tg/ was explicitly for quests in 2012 when moot moved all of the outside quests to /tg/, and then /tg/ was still for quests after those quests all moved back but nobody really cared, and then /tg/ was for quests for about three months after /qst/ was made. Now is the first time since its very inception that /tg/ is not for quests, and only because a mod did a stupid.
>>
>>49764243

>BAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

lmfao
>>
>>49764262
You're the reason why I make anime threads in /tg/.
>>
>>49764262
Don't project so hard.
>>
>>49764262
this is dumb. please elaborate
>>
>>49764243
Just move the quests back to the board they're related to. Keep them on the /tg/ if they don't have an obvious better board, fine, but I got sick of seeing quests that clearly belonged on /a/ or /m/ or one of the video game boards, but were here because "you collaborate on a story and generate random numbers, that's like D&D, right?"
>>
>>49764283

>project

It's been over a month, and questfags are STILL crying about getting booted off /tg/.

However witty it may have sounded in your mind, the plain and simple fact is questcancer is gone, forever, and crying endlessly on /tg/ is not going to do anything about it.

Now get back in the gas chamber.
>>
>>49764309
The other boards were the ones that kicked quests out into /tg/.
>>
>>49764311
It's nothing compared to the years of literal screaming and crying of anti-questfags.
>>
>>49764309
>but I got sick of seeing quests that clearly belonged on /a/ or /m/ or one of the video game boards,
I've been with this opinion like the entire time, then they herded them all into /tg/.
>>
>>49764311
desu when you moan about quests for years I don't think you can call above else out for doing it for just a month
>>
>>49764327
Only /a/, actually. They cried to Moot, who actually listened because /a/ gets special attention. Instead of just moving the /a/ quests, he moved all quests. The other boards didn't complain about their quests.
Apparently even now, there are quests on /mlp/ because GR15 is in effect in /qst/.
>>
>>49764343
>>49764335

>Unrelated content is moved off of /tg/
>"BUT I LIKED IT SO IT HAS TO BE ON /tg/, FOREVER, BECAUSE BROWSING OTHER BOARDS IS HERETICAL"

lmfao questcancer
>>
>>49764311
actually, no. all we have to do is bitch and moan like you for five years.
>>
>>49764361
>Unrelated content
Good jokes.
>>
>>49764327
>>49764342
Then ban them or let them die, they can't stay here.

>>49764335
This shit is stupid as fuck. No shit anti-questfags have complained longer than questfags, questfags didn't have anything to complain about. Fuck off with this "but they started it!" bullshit.
>>
>>49764384

The mods have spoken. Deal with it, questcancer.
>>
>>49764385
>This shit is stupid as fuck
Bitching about people not liking their threads being forced onto a fucked up dead board is stupid as fuck.
>>
>>49764385
>>49764391
Why do you like to ruin other people's fun?
>>
>>49764391
The mods spoke for 8 years and you didn't deal with it.
Mere months ago, you were crying about the mods "not doing their jobs" because they were literally banning you for trying to force people to move to /qst/.
>>
it's a shame that this thread is going to fall off the board, but I've had my fun watching this entire thing unfold.
next thread when?
>>
>>49764309
Now that is a feasible solution everyone can agree on. Maybe if mods can send them to /qst/ like they can do with /trash/, so it can be used as excess space for when a board is running hot and needs a little extra space. That would solve the problem of bringing in new players too.
>>
>>49764401

The trial was a success. Quests are gone. Forever.

Back into the gas chamber.
>>
>>49764417
The trial was not a success. /qst/ has been a dead board and is still a dead board. There's no metric by which it can be called a success.
>>
>>49764414
are you me? because this was exactly what I was thinking.
>>
>>49764396
>how dare people voice their complaints to my detriment!

Fuck off.

>>49764400
Have your stupid fucking quest, but you should have it on the board relevant to that's quest content. If that board doesn't want you, then that's between you and those posters. It's not /tg/'s responsibility to host shit /a/ doesn't want.
>>
>>49764421

>If I keep repeating it it's true

lmfao
>>
>>49764412
Immediately, this is just way too much fun.
>>
>>49764434
>how dare people voice their complaints to my detriment!
Are you reading your own posts before you make them?

>>49764436
You too.
>>
>>49764434
It's not your responsibility to police what is and isn't /tg/ related.
>>
>>49764434
>It's not /tg/'s responsibility to host shit /a/ doesn't want.

See, this is something a lot of people can agree on, including questers. Plenty of quests were /a/ tier waifu trash, but the ones that were quintessentially /tg/ should be allowed here.
>>
>>49764470
what this guy said.
>>
>>49764463
He's just waiting for his janny application to go through. He's already doing it for free after all.
>>
>>49764448
>They complained for eleventy trillion years!
>that makes sense though
>but it fucked me over!
>so?

I'm following this conversation fine, are you?

>>49764463
Who, pray tell, does have that responsibility, then, and you can point to any decisions they've made recently related to that?
>>
>>49764470
Don't bother trying to reason with them. It has never worked. Nothing less than complete banishment will be enough for these guys. Filtering wasn't enough, limiting threads wasn't enough, constant saging wasn't enough, and anything more technical than that has always been ignored by the blue leaf men.
>>
>>49764498
Clearly you aren't, or you'd have seen the massive hypocrisy of your own posts.
>>
>>49764521
You mean the massive hypocrisy of "they're not allowed to complain, only I'm allowed to do that?"
>>
>>49764498
At what point should people not complain about the state of things? When moot said that quests belong on /tg/? When mods repeatedly did not listen to anti-questers for years? Now, now /qst/ has been made? Or in the future, when /qst/ is gone again?
>>
>>49764543
Yes, that perfectly sums up your posts thus far, anti-quester.
>>
>>49764543
Yes.
>>
>>49756204

>ever going to RPG.net forums

All of them are insufferable faggots.
>>
I'm going to bed now. Good night, faggots.
>>
>>49764546
You can complain all you want, bro, but don't justify yourself with "but they did it for longer, so blame them!" It doesn't make sense, for reasons I already stated, but it also playground-level reasoning that only undermines your point.
>>
>>49764612
I didn't ask about that. I'm just wondering at what point people should stop complaining.
>>
>>49764599
good night anon.

>>49764612
>>49764666
>you're bad
>no u
>no u
>no u
go on...
>>
>>49764666
When they're not mad anymore (either because the issue is resolved or they don't care anymore) I suppose. I'm just sick of this "anti-questfags suck because they bitched and moaned, I'm going to also bitch and moan but devise an arbitrary reason why it's okay for me to do it" rhetoric I see every time this shit comes up.
>>
>>49764599
But we haven't even started a new thread yet!
>>
>>49764817
speaking of, who's going to make the next thread?
or should we hijack one?
>>
thread almost ded
>>
>>49764957
Good question, see any promising ones up right now?
>>
>>49765066
how about this one? >>49764056
it seems thematically appropriate.
>>
>>49765088
How about the burning wheel general these>>49761149 fine gents got started?
>>
>>49765294
uh... do they deserve it?
>>
>>49765326
Depends on how you feel about generals for games played by 4 people, the shitposting about it has already started.

But yeah I'm cool with the squat thread too.
>>
>>49765460
I think we should got with the squat one, it's much more thematically appropriate. and it doesn't have anys already so more posts till bump limit.
>>
File: 1475628250209.jpg (67KB, 480x608px) Image search: [Google]
1475628250209.jpg
67KB, 480x608px
>>49759329
>>
>>49761721
>Rolling diplomacy
>For information gathering
wat

also
>making player roll for doing basic stuff like the two other examples you mentioned
>>
>>49765675
Sure, that'll do.
>>
>>49760059
>mfw homestuck general in first panel
When did you make this ? Just curious about the time
>>
>>49762338
>>49761721
The rules for Carouse in Dungeon World are great. A failure nearly guarantees being " entangled, ensorcelled, or tricked." The players are going to have bags of fun either way:

Carouse

When you return triumphant and throw a big party, spend 100 coins and roll +1 for every extra 100 coins spent. On a 10+, choose 3. On a 7–9, choose 1. On a miss, you still choose one, but things get really out of hand (the GM will say how).
You befriend a useful NPC.
You hear rumors of an opportunity.
You gain useful information.
You are not entangled, ensorcelled, or tricked.
You can only carouse when you return triumphant. That’s what draws the crowd of revelers to surround adventurers as they celebrate their latest haul. If you don’t proclaim your success or your failure, then who would want to party with you anyway?
Thread posts: 567
Thread images: 55

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.