[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Malifaux General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 156
Thread images: 8

File: Afternoon.png (1MB, 1200x673px) Image search: [Google]
Afternoon.png
1MB, 1200x673px
On The Bayou Edition

>Books
Malifaux (Including Ripples of Fate):
https://mega.nz/#F!UwlkRIhB!mDHocpgWP_hkkM3CpCBwrQ

Through the Breach (Complete):
https://mega.nz/#F!NscWUCYC!U2J243KhVsUuOqAnsqTj4A

Book 1 - Basic Rules and first wave of updated (from 1st edition of malifaux) models
Book 2 - Second wave of updated models
Book 3 - Campaign system and new M2E models
Book 4 - Entirely new models

Discord voice chat for malifaux chat and memery: https://discord.gg/xWkuFRz

Through the Breach Fated Almanac - Basic rules for the RPG set in Malifaux
Through the Breach Fatemaster Almanac - GM stuff for the RPG

>What is Malifaux?
Malifaux is a 32mm Skirmish Tabletop game, with a focus on completing several different objectives, while denying your opponent their objectives

New Gaining Grounds Tournament Rules:
http://themostexcellentandawesomeforumever-wyrd.com/topic/114900-gaining-grounds-2016/

Last thread: >>49699744

Thread Topic: What Wave 4 model are you looking forward to the most?
>>
Dead outlaws. Jack Daw is going to be seriously busted.
>>
Looking to start Lynch in 10T against ressers. Already have his box, Graves, Tannen, Snipers, and Archers, as well as the contents of Mei and Shenlong's boxes. What else would you suggest?
>>
Malifaux crew builders
http://geeksong.com/Malifaux/
http://web.archive.org/web/20161002205558/http://bythetree.net/

>>49747802
>What Wave 4 model are you looking forward to the most?
Bandersnatch. My Neverborn Spider crew will rise.
>>
>>49748182
If you don't mind getting into other master boxes; Yu, Kang and maybe Ototo. Generally speaking though, you're gonna want a big beater (Ototo/Izamu/Ama no Zako), TTB, and maybe something supporty.

I've always found Yin-Ama-Huggy an incredibly potent trio with their joint obeys and terrifies luring other models in and cheating in aces to make them auto-fail duels.

Kang is just one of those models that absolutely wrecks ressers, to the point that it's gonna feel pretty darn cheap, so depending on how competitive you're planning to be, he'll be great.
>>
>>49748261
>Kang is just one of those models that absolutely wrecks ressers, to the point that it's gonna feel pretty darn cheap,
Is this so? I've kept away from him because he's balls slow against a faction with a bunch of lures.
>>
>>49748298
That's a good thing. It'll take six lures to pull him out of position
>>
If you're playing TT no model should ever be able to feel slow
>>
>>49748182
Beckoners.

Brothers get silly when you can discard aces to fuel their tricks.
>>
File: Bandersnatch.jpg (454KB, 1024x517px) Image search: [Google]
Bandersnatch.jpg
454KB, 1024x517px
>>49748200
On that note, If your opponent showed up with a modified Jorogumo as the Mysterious Emissary several different spider proxies for various Neverborn minis, with stat-cards that had clear pictures of each spider in question so there wasn't any confusion, would you play them?

On a side note, I'm wondering what the prospector could be in one of my other crews. Maybe a miner.
>>
>>49748414
Give him a sword+sheath and use him as an unshaven guild guard, or perhaps a desperate merc. I am definitely magnetizing that guy though.

As far as what you said, if you convert/paint to the point that it is differentiated and tell your opponent what is up, then there should be no problems.
>>
>>49748451
Good henchmen will allow anything remotely reasonable if it looks good. There are some serious twats out there though who will literally ignore the official rules and veto everything .

Your mileage may vary
>>
I love how Titania will continue the trend of Neverborn being the most popular faction. I would like to see them release regular Fae soldiers like the ones mentioned in her story, rather than just the three knights.
>>
>>49748451
>convert/paint to the point that it is differentiated
Oh yeah. Some will have clothing like the Mysterious Effigy, Widow Weaver and I'll try to greenstuff an outfit for whichever master I choose, either a giant spider doll or stuffed spider for a Teddy and a few other conversions planned.
Even just the straight spiders will have clearly different colour schemes and base kibble to set them cleanly apart.
I'm thinking of also writing what each one proxies on their base lip just so there won't be confusion.

I'm very much a believer of WYSIWYG from my anal-retentive days in 40k, so if the cards reference some specific gear, weapons or feature I'm going to work them into the minis in question also.
>>
>>49747802
wait, there are orangutans in malifaux?
>>
>>49748859
There's at least one.
>>
Can anyone recommend a substitute model to use as the Joroguomos? I'm not an arachnophobe but I just don't like spiders
>>
Divergent paths, Self Righteous Man
>Without a word, the three of them - two men and a woman - snapped open the thick tomes they carried under their arms and began to recite the various laws that he had broken.
>Assault. Murder. Trespassing. Unauthorized physical devolution. Rampaging without a lawful permit.
>Rampaging without a lawful permit.
Sorry, what? You can GET a permit for a rampage?
>>
>>49749750
Probably a difficult one to get but yeah I suppose if you know the right person you could get a permit.
>>
Please let Arcanists or Gremlins, especially gremlins, win with the child. There's enough orphans in Malifaux as is.
Plus the entire idea of the child's eventual crew consisting of her parents, teddy, dolls and a piggy sounds like a great one.
>>
>>49749920
The problem is that the entire neverborn community has their teeth into winning that. I wish we could get some concrete stats to see which faction is closest to taking her away so we can dogpile into that.
>>
>>49749939
I'm going to be talking to my friends and see if I can organise a bunch of Gremlin games over the weekend.
>>
>>49748859
It's librarian.
>>
How has the whole divergent paths campaign been going? What factions have been gunning for which of the three?
>>
>>49749939
The Child is
>OURS
You can have the Were-Lawyer and Skinwalker. Besides she won't be a true orphan on the streets, her mew family will take excellent care of her, as you can see our track record speaks for itself. Look at the darling smiles of Iggy, Candy, and Baby Kade (Dreamers mom is still alive in book 4 so he's not a Neverborn orphan success story)
>>
>>49750405
Neverborn are going after the Inquisitive Child.
Ressers are going after the Trickster.
The man no one really cares about desu
>>
>>49750418
Lawyer Werewolf sounds good.
>>
>>49750440
>>49750408
Did the man become a shifter? Was that one of the possible options for any of the three to become shifters? Because honestly at that point guild should take the man imagine a bunch of were guardsmen
>>
>>49747802
>both new troves are dead
>google search shows they were made just 3 days ago
Fuck.
>>
>>49748859
It's in the new TTB book about gremlins and the bayou. I think it's called a stink ape in the bestiary, has abilities like a mini Cojo.
>>
For those who play Through The Breach:

Your last character is now a Henchman for the TT. What faction are for and how do they play?
>>
>>49750699
Arcanist/outcast
Punches things real hard generally meant to be a tank that can cast a single spell. Also wears a fuck ton of armor
Bumps people.
>>
>>49747802
Wisps for Zoraida. Or possibly Swine Cursed for Wong.
>>
>>49750440
Back in first edition a friend and myself thought Lucius' secret was that he and his lawyers were werewolves. Really got a wolf man vibe off the original lawyer model.
>>
>>49747802
Terracotta Warriors, upgrade hotswapping looks fantastic
>>
>>49750896

Well the lawyers DID have the Beast keyword...
>>
>>49751013
I wouldn't be surprised if there was another idea originally before they settled on the idea that they were mimics.
>>
Is there assembly instructions for the multi-part men and women kits?
As self explanatory as most the parts are, some bits leave me confused and it'd be great to see the CAD designs also as it's a bit hard to see the details on the raw plastic.
>>
>What Wave 4 model are you looking forward to the most?

It's either Terracotta Warriors and Witchling Thralls for Lucius or Death Marshal Recruiters.

I've got a new player starting up next week and he's got the Misaki crew box. What do you folks think would be a good match up for a demo?

My first thought was Seamus for a different flavor of mobile and killy master.
>>
>>49751661
Seamus is my go to for myself when demoing for new people.

He is tough, mobile, reasonably Killy, and has some minor board control and summoning with his belles. All the while being straight forward to understand for your newbie while you can explain their choice of crew to them.
>>
can you upload again?
>>
>>49751661
>I've got a new player starting up next week and he's got the Misaki crew box. What do you folks think would be a good match up for a demo?
Traditionally, I go with Rasputina's crew box. She's simple to understand, she's got a coherent aesthetic and fluff presence, and she's weak as shit, which means that a new player can spend his time focusing on learning what his models can do and watching them do cool things.

Most people feel good when they win and it doesn't feel like you threw the game, and new players don't know enough about the game to know that Rasputina's core box can't win. It gives them a feeling of satisfaction that they'll come back for. Also, you can play at full potential, as it were, without overwhelming him - I had someone try to teach me with a fairly basic Von Schill crew when I was relatively new, and while his crew was relatively basic, looking back on it, it also kicked me around and made it hard to enjoy the game because I felt like I couldn't do anything to him.
>>
>>49752708
What he said!

When giving a demo, male sure the "victim" has the odds in his favour, but don't make it too obvious, also, if he has a good start, give it a push to flip the tables, but not to hard for him to flip them back and win, that way, it won't feel like he won to easily. Give them a challange, but with a chance to win.
>>
>>49751060
Are the actual lawyers really monsters though? They aren't dual faction models themselves. It might be a case where they get the mimic characteristic despite not being Neverborn, similar to how the Field Reporters are woes.

I am intensely curious about what Lucius himself really is though.
>>
>>49752708
Plus, you can scale raspy up real easy by just adding in Snow Storm and Dancers, bumping her up about two tiers by just subtly changing the list.
>>
>>49753623
>I am intensely curious about what Lucius himself really is though
He's a Fae that hid when they turned on each other. Dramatics demand he either be Oberin or become him as Titania grows in power.
>>
>>49753661
*Oberon
>>
Fluff question when did Molly and kirari hangout? Because apparently during that time they found and saved Archie.
>>
>>49753876
The book 2 ressers fiction is the two of them meeting.
>>
>>49754016
Thank you
>>
>>49752708
>>49753570
Sadly, I don't have Raspy but I appreciate the feedback.

I think I'll just do Seamus and his box, keep the opposed luring to a minimum and see how it goes.
>>
Does anyone know if the new masters will get their own emissary conflux upgrades. The lucky conflux doesn't really benefit Zip, as most of his stuff are enforcers or henchmen.
>>
>>49755436
I'm sure eventually arsenal packs will come out for them in future books.
>>
>>49755436
The new masters aren't getting them any time soon. We still have to play with them and see where they shake out before patching them with a conflux upgrade.
>>
>>49755436
Titania with the Mysterious Emmisary sounds likes tons of fun, as thematically it is a good fit. I would also like to see them get avatar upgrades for campaign purposes.
>>
>>49747802
Mega link for Through The Breach is unavailable. Does anyone have a link for Into the bayou? I would appreciate it, love me some gremmies.
>>
>>49757368
It hasn't had a general release yet, just a gencon one. I wouldn't expect it til the beginning of next month.
>>
>>49753661
He's fae-like, I don't think he's actual fae, or he'd recognize her immediately, not just her power.
>>
>>49757368
I didn't realize that the mega was down. Thankfully I downloaded everything before that happened. Into The Bayou doesn't have a PDF release yet, so you will have to be patient. Hopefully rumors of a Gremlin multi-part kit are true.
>>
>>49759379
Alright, thank you.
>>
File: Wyrd-Kaeris.jpg (124KB, 446x731px) Image search: [Google]
Wyrd-Kaeris.jpg
124KB, 446x731px
I know I asked in the last thread but what I was told a little while back got flushed down the toilet when metal gamin can't give the Rail Golem burning +6 cause he doesn't count as engaged if the metal gamin are friendly.
So my question is more the Playing of Kaeris, Is it worth it for her to make a couple of attacks on the first turn to give the rail golem (and other stuff) burning? What models work well with her? (Other than mech rider because mech rider works with everyone) and of those models what upgrades do you guys recommend?
>>
>>49761396
The traditional opening I see with her is to bunch up, then Kaeris pops Flare, Wings of Fire's up to keep them all within six inches, and pushes the rest of her crew up to score Line in the Sand/Convict Labor turn 1 with the effects of Grab and Drop.
>>
>>49761396
Unless you want to locomotion the Rail Golem into your opponents deployment zone turn 1 you shouldn't need to add extra burning to it, it generates enough by itself most games.
>>
>>49761994
hmmm alright fair enough. I hear it doesn't take countercharges very well anyway.
>>
>>49761994
I like to use the captain to push and give it burning tokens
>>
>>49762013
hadn't considered that but wouldn't that make for a very "elite" crew?
>>
>>49762051
Probably. I'm not very good at the game so I like stuff like that.
>>
>>49762070
my problem would be that I would want the captain, mech rider and the rail golem in the same list which would come out to 33 points before upgrades. And would only be 4 models. Now dropping mech rider due to something like make them suffer being in the pool might make it better but I'm not sure by how much.
>>
>>49762105
Oh yeah, with the mech rider that's probably too much. Despite the M. Rider being so good, I haven't gotten it yet. I probably should, though.
>>
>>49761396
This may seem strange, but have you considered Sue? Gunsmiths are a more traditional choice. Sue adds some ranged punch to your army and also can set things on fire (Here, Rail Golem, have a free Burning +2). Gunsmiths get a free ++ against anything that's Burning.
>>
>>49762160
I hadn't but he seems like a good fit, I need to pick him up soon anyway.
>>
So, /tg/, what do you assume when you hear opponents declare each faction? For me, it's:

Guild: Shooting attacks and Critical Strike.
Ressers: Summoning and Hard to Wound
Neverborn: Breaking the core rules of the game - be ready for anything. Also, squishy.
Arcanists: Constructs and Casting attacks
Outcasts: Conditions and bullshit. Then again, the only local outcast player does Hamelin
Gremlins: Lots of shitty models with Shooting attacks and self-damage.
Ten Thunders: Pushes and snipers.
>>
>>49762414

Guild: Damage
Ressers: Horde Mode
Neverborn: Glass Cannons
Arcanists: Everything
Outcasts: Stuff
Gremlins: Damage 2.0
Ten Thunders: Recalled Training
>>
>>49747802
Looks like the troves are back up.

Malifaux:
https://mega.nz/#F!cg00BCoD!mDHocpgWP_hkkM3CpCBwrQ

TTB:
https://mega.nz/#F!Z9sVSYTS!U2J243KhVsUuOqAnsqTj4A
>>
well, i done fucked up tonight
>playing ten thunders vs gremlins, shenlong vs brewmaster
>he throws the whiskey golem way up the board to stop my sniper from sitting on one of the guard the stash objectives
>plink the golem once with a thunder archer for 3 damage,
>double push my recalled training lone swordsman with shenlong and sensei yu
>first attack hits, flip red joker for damage, got the no armour trigger
>mfw the whiskey golem died in literally 2 hits
shit was downright sexual
>>
>>49763521
How is that a fuck up?
Sounds like shit went great.
>>
>>49763629
fuck, i'm a little drunk right now
the bad part is it was against a new player, who foolishly went for brewmaster, and no one had the heart to tell him how much of a ride he was in for
he seemed pretty dejected about it after the match, not sure where i was going with the end of that post lmao
>>
>>49762414
>Guild
Gun, Robots, Robots with Guns and the occasional Sonia with her fire-fetish

>Ressers
Zombies, Zombies and more Zombies with a side helping of Zombies. Just a dash of Killjoy for flavour.

>Neverborn:
Hello Dreamer my old friend,
Teddy's come to talk to you again.

>Arcanists:
Some ladies just want to watch the world burn. Or even freeze on occasion.

Used to be a Spider breeding ground but she moved away.

>Outcasts:
Why do all of you always have Killjoy in your crew?
Why?

>Gremlins:
Everyone bought Jones for the Johana figure but I don't think anyone ever plays Gremlins personally.

>Ten Thunders:
Everybody was Kung-Fu fighting!
Those kicks were fast as lightning.
Jurogumo are a little bit frightening,
But everybody sucks at timing.
>>
>>49763678
Were you atleast kind enough to direct him to the units that make brewmaster disgusting to deal with?
>>
>>49763678
>fuck, i'm a little drunk right now
Well, you did just play against Brewmaster, that's only natural.
>>
>>49763752
of course, i'm not a complete monster
>>49763765
very true
>>
>>49763795
Carry on then. We need to support our noobs.
>>
>>49763678
That sucks man. Usually I run my opponent through the steps I take and the why's if they want me to the first game or two, but then you occasionally slip and it always leaves everybody involved with a bad aftertaste. Reminder that when playing against newer players, be sure to bring your worst master.
>>
File: 1469645892900[1].jpg (260KB, 500x358px) Image search: [Google]
1469645892900[1].jpg
260KB, 500x358px
Absolute noob here, but if you're playing Brewmaster as Ten Thunders can you pick Moon Shinobi? They're not listed as TT units, but it seems weird with how much they're built to be used with Brewmaster.

If yes, where in the rules does it say that, and why can't that be more fucking clear.
>>
>>49764044
Check his Upgrades.
>>
>>49764044
He has an upgrade that lets him take Tri Chi models from other factions. That said though; don't take Moon Shinobi.
>>
>>49764044
You can only take them if you take his Running Tab upgrade
It allows you to take Tri-Chi models regardless of faction, so you can bring along the Whiskey Golem, Moon Shinobi, Wesley and Fingers in Thunders, and Fermented River Monks in Gremlins
>>
>>49764065
Well I done fucked up.

>>49764071
What are the best things to take with Brew, either in Gremlin or TT?
>>
>>49764094
Yin and Yu. The rest is really whatever you want it to be.
>>
>>49764094
Performers and Yin the Pangalangalan seem pretty legit

This is speaking from 0 games with him tho
>>
File: giphy[1].gif (998KB, 500x202px) Image search: [Google]
giphy[1].gif
998KB, 500x202px
>>49764105
>>49764108
What if I find Yin so absolutely horrifically disgusting that the act of painting it would give me nightmares?
>>
>>49764137
Play him with Ama no Zaku instead
>>
>>49764152
Don't forget Yin though.

But seriously, with Yin's - to Wp, you essentially have a free Swill that lasts beyond the end of round limit. Get it off on a master and that master is never losing the - to everything ever again. Hell, get it off on a master or any big unit for that matter and a fast Brewwie and Wesley give them 4-5 binges so as to completely cripple them and their hand.

Yin is THE autotake for TT Brewmaster. Even Yu is optional, but Yin is so disgustingly good with him.
>>
>>49764199
Well, yeah, but you don't /have/ to take Yin if you don't want to
Optimizing lists instead of taking shit you think is cool is lame
>>
>>49764094
6/0/0 brewmaster gremlins guy here again.
I run:
Brewmaster-3ss
+Binge
Apprentice Wesley
Trixibelle
+A gun for a lady
Francois LaCroix
+Dirty cheater
+Stilts
Lenny
+I'll love it and pet it
2x rooster rider
Performer
>>
Opinions on Spirit Molly? She seems to cop a lot of shit for not being Kirai and also because she's not as straightforward as horror Molly.
>>
>>49764270
I think if you are gonna roll with that you probably want the Carrion emissary to make everything a horror anyway
>>
>>49764215
Sure. But there's a difference between playing a hyperoptimized list and recognising Yin is simply best choice by a wide margin. And with Brewmaster already not being in an ideal position strengthwise to have an actual go at anything competitive you can't really afford to let her go on the TT side of things.

Sure you can take anything, but the question was about what models are good for him. And that is Yin. Followed by Yu and a big beater.
>>
>>49764276

Conflux of horror does absolutely nothing for spirit Molly though.
>>
>>49764331
doesn't it make all of your undead count as horrors as well?
>>
>>49764413

Yes, but if you take Forgotten Path (spirits upgrade) you have no interactions with Horrors. If you take Forgotten Life (Horror upgrade) you do.
>>
I've got myself a turtle model that count as Izamu. He's preassembled and made of some annoying kind of material which is bitch to remove mouldlines. Any tips how to deal with this?
>>
>>49764137
Oh! What is the name of that movie. I saw it years ago and could never remember the name.
>>
>>49764137
If yin really bothers you I'd convert up a gremlin in a small hot air balloon with traling beer cans on ropes.
>>
>>49765746
Nah it's 10T Brewmaster. So convert up a Shadow Effigy in a small hot air balloon trailing beer cans.
>>
>>49765764
Actually. A moon shinobi would be good for that, having 3 of them is useless anyway.
>>
>>49765450
Go to your local craft shop and by a packet of the smallest files they have or even emery boards from a chemist.
Now take it slow.

I've delt with metal, several types of resin and a few varieties of plastic the same way, can't imagine Tortoise and the Hare would be any different.
>>
>Silent Ones are traditionally female, but the Cult does accept male members...at a price.
It doesn't actually mean what I think it means, r-right?
>>
>>49766259
It means they'll cut off your tongue.

What else would it be?
>>
>>49766272
Y-yeah, that's exactly what I thought.
>>
I read further and, well, turns out it means actually that. Rasputina is some really fucked up feminist.
>>
>>49764081
Also note that the Terracotta Warrior can swap out running tab with something useful turn 1, like misdirection. Plus, he's a nice durable model who can protect others or run schemes in a pinch.
>>
>>49766426
Imo he's perfect with brewster.
Helping keep him alive against shooting long enough to start getting people into his aura is gold
>>
So do they ever go into detail on that the hell the Red Cage is?
>>
>>49766548
In under quarantine they do, and apparently into the bayou as well, it was the prison that held Cherufe above the world to stop him from burning it, Plague lowered it to try and use the energy to ascend, but wound up being stopped by Kirai so the energy just dispersed and let everyone manifest their avatars. The hole where it landed is now also called the red cage and it has a constant stream of abominations pouring from it.
>>
>>49766548
It's also covered in the 1st ed books.
>>
>>49766376
It's kind of punishment for the fucked up shit they did to the women.
Have you read the first ed fluff?
>>
>>49766259
I would prefer that over the actual thing they cut.
>>
>>49768537
>they did
Who? Newcomers? They kind of weren't around, you know.
>>
>>49750699

Yukimura Chou

Outcasts(Mercenary) but the Showgirl and Last Blossom tags put her all over the damn place.

A Japanese Geisha who's performed at the Star Theatre (Infiltration: Star Theatre is a fantastic talent). A much better hand with a pistol than people would expect.

Playwise she'd be an inversion of the Gunsmiths. A defensive trigger for every suit + disguised makes for a really, really annoying figure to remove from the table even if her offence takes a secondary focus to survival and disruption.
>>
>>49768646
The males of the order cut the tongues out of the women and did magical shit to them.
When rasputina took over they started killling and eating the male priests.
>>
>>49768896
Yeah and now new men who join the cult believing in december that want to get to a higher religious position have to be castrated. Pretty fucked up.
>>
>>49769171

Spoilers: The Tyrant Worshipping Apocalypse Cannibal Cult are pretty fucked up.
>>
>>49769194
Ok and? That wasn't december who decreed that, it was Raspitunia for a combination of retribution against all men and to keep herself at the top of the totem pole, probably some other reason as well like maybe any child a Silent One has gets their perks but isn't restricted like the rest are since they don't have Raspys mark.
Heck the mark she puts on Female Silent ones weakens them so December wont abandon her for one of them.
>>
Arcanist players of /tg/: What schemes and strats would you want Ironsides in instead of Mei Feng?

Likewise, TT players: When would you want Mei instead of Misaki?

Not saying one is definitely better than another, just trying to get my head around the subtleties of the different "beater" Masters
>>
>>49751659
You asked last thread, right?
No-one answered then, I think you might as well mail Wyrd.

>>49751661
>>49751952
>>49752708
On a related note, I'm going to demo soon for a friend that picked up the Viks.
I have Mei Feng and Colette to play with.
His complaint was that his only two games were two dudes tabling him with barely-explained wombo-combo multi-trigger chain-activated nonsense. I feel like that would make Colette a bad choice. On the other hand, Mei's squad itself is pretty slow and hitty/defensive, so doesn't really show off the "Malifaux's not about killing the other guy" angle.
Basically I want a good game, but not to do this >>49763678 to the guy.
>>
>>49764280
To counter that:
1. This >>49764242 guy.
2. If it's not reasonably in-theme I (and many others) don't really enjoy playing crews, defeating the point.

>>49765450
It's different plastic?
Weird.
How does the cast quality compare?
>>
>>49771001
It's kind of like board game plastic
>>
>>49769724
This is a great question, I'm looking forward to seeing some good answers.
I'll have a think, but I've only just picked up Mei never even seen Ironsides on the table...
>>
>>49771027
The tortoise and hare box, along with Aionis, are trial runs for the manufacturer they are using for the other side models.
>>
>>49771001
It's not terrible, but the mold lines were more pronounced (which is saying a lot when it comes to Malifaux)

Honestly, the fact that they're pre-assembled is the bigger problem in my opinion. Especially with Aionus- the way he's positioned on the clock makes a lot of his undercarriage hard to reach with any kind of precision.
>>
>>49765450
The models are made out of PVC, similar to what Reaper and Privateer Press do, and what Wyrd will do for all of their The Other Side figures. I have found that removing mold lines can be done initially with a knife, and then with some sanding. It's one reason why I am not super excited about The Other Side.
>>
>>49771001
k well brewmasters theme is shit, you sould probably find a different master then.
>>
>>49766513
The Terracotta's damage absorption only works on minions and enforcers.

):
>>
>>49771761
>brewmasters theme is shit
Have you considered playing Warmachine, waacjob?

>>49771066
>>49771542
Well, that's not the most encouraging thing ever.
But I guess if it lets them do The Other Side significantly cheaper then it might actually be worth getting a small force to play with...
Of course, it probably won't actually be all that much cheaper customer-side regardless.
>>
>>49771001
That guy (>>49764242) plays Gremlin Brewie, so it's not really surprising that Yin doesn't show up in his list.
>>
>>49772286
>:(
Agreed

At least it can make HtK minions like the Gumo hella tanky
>>
Rules question re Terracotta Warriors

When does their damage redirection occur? Is it before or after flipping for damage?
>>
>>49773753
>Have you considered playing Warmachine, waacjob?
Played it, Malifaux is better.
Brewmasters theme suffers from two problems, 1. his themed stuff isn't great
and 2. several things are way too expensive for what they do.
As cool as it may look the whiskey golem is a pile of garbage that IF YOU ARE LUCKY will maybe kill one thing before it goes down.
10+ points for a model that it's gimmick is that it's supposed to get hit, and it's not that survivable isn't a good choice.
>>
>>49775406
I hear what you're saying, but drunk goblins are more fun imo
>>
>>49775436
More fun they may be but I presumed the conversation was about "What models work well with Brewmaster?" if you are out for fun, go ahead and take the theme, have fun with it. God knows I've got more than one crew that I run just for the sheer stupidity of it, but don't ask what runs well with him and then proceed to shoot down everything before saying "But his theme tho..."
>>
>>49775534
I have to agree with this guy. Thematic and lore friendly crews can sometimes be competitive, but a lot of the time what is ideal is going to be more electic. I don't think that Yan Lo trapsies around with wastrels in order to increase his chi, yet that is what happens. Just go with what is fun or appropriate for the game.
>>
>>49769724
Ironsides wants to cluster up. Anything that wants that is good for her - Guard the 'stache, Turf War, shit like that is great for her. She wants to be engaged with and engaging as many people as possible at a single time. Also, she has her Mages, and Hand Picked Men is one of the best auras in the game.

Mei Feng goes where Mei Feng pleases. I honestly use her as much as a scheme runner as I do a brawler. She excels at Reconnoiter, Squatter's Rights, and anything that encourages you spreading your crew around a table - she can go from there to whichever flank needs defending.

Misaki doesn't give a shit. She's here to do one thing, and that' kill people. Any schemes and strats that involve killing non-masters are her house, but she doesn't like Assassinate, because she IS going to die doing it. But while she'll die, she'll likely have taken 2 of your opponent's nastiest out on the way.

Misaki is a commando, leaving other people doing fancy stuff to your crew. Mei Feng is a problem solver, being where she wants to be, when she wants to be there. Ironsides is a hardpoint, clustering people around her (I CANNOT overstate Hand-Picked Men) and making that area of the table unassailable.
>>
File: IMG_0337.jpg (550KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0337.jpg
550KB, 1920x1080px
Done as she's gonna get I think.
>>
>>49777678
>yellow on the outside and orange on the inside of fire
bro
>>
>>49777755
It may be wrong but it pops more. Besides I was testing an orange ink to see how it would play with the recesses.
>>
File: 1412146040705.gif (2MB, 400x226px) Image search: [Google]
1412146040705.gif
2MB, 400x226px
Ok, Henchman hardcore next week.

Gonna need some feedback.
list 1
5SS
Trixibelle leader (Do Over + Gun for lady or quality smash liquor)
Rooster rider
Rooster rider
Moonshinobi

Just built around cherrypicking against opponents one at a time. Trixie can pull in mash liquor version to be a medic.

List 2
6SS
Mctavish (Cute Critters + Dirty Cheater)
Bayou Gator
Bayou Gator
Bayou Gator

Aiming to maximize Mactavish guns and abilities.

List 3
4SS
Old Major
Gracie
The Sow
Stuffed piglets.

pure pork hoping for protracted tankiness and healing.

List 4
3SS
Mancha Roja (Dirty Cheater + Stilts)
Burt Jebsen (Dirty Cheater
Pigapult
Stuffed Piglet

Pure jank, going for turn 1 back breaking using the pigapult to smash whatever easy kills I can get and following up with Burt and Mancha. No answer to a prolonged fight, but hoping for a back breaking first turn.
>>
>>49777678
Going to clean up the overspray on the bases?
>>
>>49778095
I really like what you are doing. Especially with Mctavish, that seems really straight and simple.
>>
>>49778780
that was intentional, I wanted to make them look like they were burning a hole through the floor.
>>
As far as monks go, which ones would be worth taking with Shenlong?
>>
>>49779056
Low River Monks are great with everyone now, doubly so on a HtK master that gives them free Defensives
>>
>>49770943
Either use mei feng and aim for schemes instead of killing stuff dead, or play colette non-colette style, and if that wouldn't be enough of a challange, switch discreetely to colette style for a turn to quickly gain some VP, and then switch back to non-colette style. Keep the VP count open so your opponent can see who's leading.
>>
I bought Som'er Teeth the other day as my local had one of the Johana special boxes still on shelf and I figured, why not.
So now I actually plan to play him and I have no clue what to do as I've never played Gremlins or even against them before.

Don't suppose anyone has any pointers?
>>
>>49780244
What Jones does is be a very versatile master, he can summon and he can Rambo. And even when he's doing one for instance summoning somer can still do great support. He likes working with bayou gremlins the most though if you want to go a very elite somer crew take most of ophelias crew and give it to somer. Personally somer has two good weapons and has the capability to kill things on his own with them. He's also got do it like dis! Which is essentially him handing out cards to his crew for triggers like a ram for dumb luck. His box set is really nice and often leads people one of two ways summoning or elite crew. For summoning just get more bayou gremlins a slop hauler and some piglets if you'd like since he can do that as well. Elite Crew is him and some of the boys like burt, Raphael, francois, and rami.
>>
>>49780244
Slop Haulers, more gremlins, roosters, Burt, Trixiebelle, and Sammy might be good options.

So'mer has great summoning, but he's also very mobile with squeal, can do good damage, and can support good crew. Very flexible.
Thread posts: 156
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.