[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

EDH/Commander general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 329
Thread images: 51

File: 185.jpg (74KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
185.jpg
74KB, 312x445px
"Weirdly expensive decks" edition

Old thread: >>49725489

RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
http://www.mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
http://www.tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the internet.
http://www.edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
http://manabasecrafter.com/

>CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
http://gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface
http://www.magiccards.info
>>
First for equal appreciation for all colors.
>>
>>49740777

Patrician opinion

So tired of all these disgusting subhumans that have favorite colors and colors they don't play
>>
File: this is halloween.jpg (37KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
this is halloween.jpg
37KB, 223x310px
>>49740777
hear, hear!
>>
>>49740777
Trips and first post don't lie

Time to build more with UG
>>
File: 1475562334051.jpg (121KB, 750x450px) Image search: [Google]
1475562334051.jpg
121KB, 750x450px
>>49740834
I never knew how much I hated scarecrows until it destroyed all my lands.
>>
File: 6.jpg (52KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
6.jpg
52KB, 312x445px
So, I built a deck around pic related and I'm having a lot more fun with colorless than I thought I would. All Is Dust and Ugin are downright silly when you're running no colors.

My point is to ask this: Of the five Eldrazi Titans legal in EDH, who do you guys think is best as a commander? I feel like old Kozilek's cast trigger is more consistent, and Annihilator does tend to get shit done.
>>
>>49740738
>3-color mana base
>Noble Hierarchas a deck staple
>pricey equipment/auras
>UGx
>"Weirdly expensive"

Nah man, Rafiq has good reason to be expensive
>>
>>49740885
Personally I think old Kozilek is better than new one as well but as far as I can tell new one sees more play as a general use card, so I would assume it'd be better as commander as well. I don't know why but whatever. I'd rather draw 3 to refill my hand and also annihilate shit than draw 5 or 6 or maybe even 7 and just have big dork on board in theory but I suppose that's a wrong analysis. I'm pretty sure his pitch to counter thing probably doesn't come into it.
>>
File: Commanders October 2016.png (2MB, 1568x930px) Image search: [Google]
Commanders October 2016.png
2MB, 1568x930px
Let's see'm.

Also, question for everyone: What is your longest running deck? That one deck you had for at least a couple years or more and never abandoned it. Mine's Brion Stoutarm

Alternatively: How many decks did you make that didn't even last for a month?
>>
File: 1447971201707.jpg (62KB, 311x445px) Image search: [Google]
1447971201707.jpg
62KB, 311x445px
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/might-of-the-triggers-1/

>2700 views
>2 comments

Can I get some thoughts on this deck? I've played with the same little playgroup for so long I think it's been a year since a new person saw it.
>>
Who's the best Commander for a GB Elfball deck, Nath or Rhys?
>>
>>49740925

Old kozi draws 4
>>
>>49740931

I don't like it at all, not my style, could never play so many huge 5-8 mana do nothing cards

Bolas himself is cool though
>>
>>49740931
Pretty sure this is probably an attention grabbing ploy since if you've had it for that long, what possibly could you not have thought to change, but out of curiosity have you thought about playing haste enablers?
>>
File: IMG_20161002_194051.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161002_194051.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>49740927
Longest running is Kemba, active for three years. My first deck was Niv-Mizzet chaos that became Niv-Mizzet wizards -> Azami wizards -> Jhoira wizards, so it's almost as old in spirit.

inb4 NEPHILIMS AREN'T LEGENDARY SINKHOLE AS COMMANDER
>>
>>49741013
By that I mean red's haste enablers of which obv there a number. You play the usual artifact suspects but I would think these guys would be well helped by having more. I'm just spitballing anyway.
>>
>>49741016
you can play nephilim as commander as long as I can play elbrus
>>
>>49740902
It's a reason, but it's not a good reason. Rafiq isn't THAT strong of a deck
>>
>>49741040
Deal.
>>
>>49740927
Link that zegana deck
>>
>>49741016
You know what, I built a deck with Form of the Dragon as my commander once and nobody argued. Do what you want.
>>
File: 1475533529393.jpg (93KB, 564x794px) Image search: [Google]
1475533529393.jpg
93KB, 564x794px
>>49740927
Hey I've been trying to add Gonti to my Jeleva list. Why did you switch from Jelly to Gonti? They seem like two distinct playstyles. Your picture says the deck is more focused under Gonti then Jeleva. What were the Jeleva wincons? What value does Gonti provide that you cannot have with Jeleva?
>>
>>49741078
>built a deck with Form of the Dragon as my commander
sarkhan's wet dream
>>
>>49740994
It's a pretty for fun playgroup, not an infinite combo to be seen. Big creatures are the norm, Karametra runs Autochron Wurm and the like

>>49741013
>>49741027
Its my favorite deck i'll admit but I live in a small town and I've found one playgroup that plays EDH regularly, they're the only ones I play it against I mean, I don't get any new opinions on it and I don't change it much.

If I knew what to take out I'd throw in my Urabrask, and probably some cheap unblockable stuff like Slip through Space or Distortion strike but choosing cards to remove is still difficult. I'd like to make room for him though, as well as maybe Ogre Battledriver or Into the Web of War.
>>
>>49740931
At the very, very least, put some Dragon Tempest in that business. EtB Nicol Bolas erasing a hand is pretty powerful.

You have a lot of fat in there. Sun Quan can easily be taken out. Mindleech Mass as well even though I like the card itself. Raving Dead is also a random inclusion. Followed Footsteps I fear is too risky to have out.

Dropping those, add in these:
Dualcaster Mage for some tricks
Scourge of Valkas for some easy ping damage
Rite of Replication because it can actually double up as a combo piece for both Dualcaster AND Scourge.
Dualcaster you have to use in response to Rite on the stack. It doesn't work if Dualcaster is already in play, otherwise you only get an additional clone. (This is because you cast Rite on something, Dualcaster on top of the stack, then you copy the Rite copy onto Dualcaster Mage EtBing, rince repeat.)
Scourge you just kick Rites to deal 30 damage 6 times assuming Scourge is the only Dragon out. Also goes well with Dragon Tempest.

Also, find room for cheaper counters like Negate or Arcane Denial. With all of the big fat you are playing, you need to leave some mana open in case of emergency.
>>
>>49741102
Holy shit, I suggested haste enablers but holy shit I forgot Dragon Tempest was a card. Man that's a fun card. You should switch this to Bolas Dragons with the FRF dragons which have triggered abilities.
>>
>>49740777
Empty la-la statement. All colours have their roles but there's no need for you to appreciate the roles equally.
>>
File: Zurgo_Helmsmasher.jpg (122KB, 1265x920px) Image search: [Google]
Zurgo_Helmsmasher.jpg
122KB, 1265x920px
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/cool-guys-dont-look-at-explosions-2/

can someone help me out with my Zurgo deck? I'm not sure if I have too few/many of equipment, boardwipes, and other stuff

trying to keep it fairly cheapo
>>
File: nahi.jpg (94KB, 404x750px) Image search: [Google]
nahi.jpg
94KB, 404x750px
>>49741016
Nephalims are fine with me. I personally like Dune-Brood the most since it reminds me of OG Hazezon Tamar.

None of my two playgroups had the balls to build one. Maybe that will change this coming month.
>>49741074
No link because I'm not shitting you when it's every god damn Zegana deck imaginable. I will tell you that if you plan on doing a combo route with Deadeye/Palinchron/Great Whale/Drake, Zegana herself is an all-access pass to drawing your deck, and eventually one of your win conditions which is like Capsize or Venser or something. She's like Tasigur that she herself is a sink for the infinite mana and blinks needed to seal off that 2 hour game.

And Eldrazi Titans.

>>49741080
I did respond to you last thread but it got buried by the chucklefucks discussing the lore and Nahiri's slippery as shit moral compass. Here's a copy paste of what I said:
I gave a tiny explanation in the pic but I'll elaborate on it: the problem I had with Jeleva was two-fold; 1) both metas I play in are mostly battlecruiser magic with very little Instant/Sorceries. Theres some spellslinger in the meta but seldom seen; and 2) It actually gave me more freedom to put variance in my deck rather than having a bunch of Instant/Sorceries. It gave me room to put in neat tricks for Gonti to take opponents stuff multiple times with flicker/bounce/reanimate.

What really sold it for me was that with Gonti, the exile cards are still usable even after he's gone, thanks to the "as long as they remain exiled" clause. Jeleva doesn't get that luxary and I sometimes find her dead until I fish for a bounce effect or board wipe.

Oh, and Gonti doesn't keep the exiled cards revealed. That's a huge plus for me.
>>
>>49741141
>>49741102
Dragon Tempest is insane early. My friend absolutely facefucked the table with it out early in his Atarka World Render deck
>>
>>49741078
.... how exactly do you do that? Like, board wipes, pillow fort and group slug? I'm genuinely curious.
>>
I'm a newer player, not very much experience with deckbuilding. Everyone at my LGS seems to run blue exclusively as part of a control shell. The only real exception seems to be Ezuri from beginners(for obvious reasons).

It's been turning me off a deck running blue more for evasion, but I'm intent on playing a Daxos of Meletis deck none the less. Is blue a good color for it or is blue better off staying part of a control shell in commander?
>>
>>49741192
Gravity Sphere
>>
>>49741192
Honestly, it's more of a Dragon tribal with some colorless ramp that doesn't play Form of the Dragon unless you've got to dodge lethal from shit without flying. It wasn't that good of a deck, I built it more as a gag than anything.
>>
>>49741239
Blue is always going to play control. That's just what it does when given an eternal card pool. You can, however, build a blue deck with lots of evasion as well. My first thought would be Edric, Spymaster of Trest, who compliments the control suite with all the flying men blue can muster since each one is a card advantage engine, then you use counter spells to control the game while you poke people and draw cards.
>>
>>49741166
Yeah, when I built Glint-Eye another person in my group built Dune-Brood and man, he got outta hand quick. Lots of ramp, all the Purph effects, Shared Animosity and Beastmaster Ascension. MWP in that deck was the enchantment that lets you sac creatures to ramp, the name escapes me.
>>
File: Hazezon_Tamar.jpg (68KB, 389x315px) Image search: [Google]
Hazezon_Tamar.jpg
68KB, 389x315px
>>49741271
Perilous Forays and yes that thing was amazing in my Hazezon deck back in the day, so I could imagine.

Curious, what were the black cards he used?
>>
File: 1473230976728.jpg (127KB, 1024x687px) Image search: [Google]
1473230976728.jpg
127KB, 1024x687px
>>49741242
>>49741247
Welp, I know what my next deck is going to be.

There's 4 of us in our play group. I think we each choose a mono color enchantment for a commander. This is gonna be good.
>>
>>49741308
I'm pretty sure he ran Grave Pact and Dictate of Erebos. Maybe a few of the black sac outlets. I honestly can't remember very well, it's been a while since I moved away from my group ;_;
>>
>>49741265
It does seem to be that way. White blue especially has been something I wanted to avoid for a while because of an early experience in a four player game in which I was playing Zurgo, the player across from me was playing Meren and the other two were playing a pair of white/blue control shells and resolved at the beginning to work together. It was a fucking agonising four hours of play, as is expected, Zurgo and Meren don't exactly play well together. It was especially disheartening given at that point it was my third week playing and before that point I'd had nothing but fun with the format. It really stifled my excitement to play blue/white seeing how little interraction it offered opponents.

That turned into more of a story than I intended, but that's pretty much why I want to be sparing with heavy control and instead use it as incremental advantage on top of stealing my opponents cards with Daxos.
>>
>>49741368
rib in beese :DDD
>>
File: eh.jpg (182KB, 1152x1153px) Image search: [Google]
eh.jpg
182KB, 1152x1153px
>>49741382
>>
>>49741358
Someone is going to pick Rhystic Study. Be ready.
>>
File: 1414168146649.png (410KB, 500x418px) Image search: [Google]
1414168146649.png
410KB, 500x418px
>>49741368
Those cards make the most sense.

We actually had someone move away 3 months ago and I'm moving to New York in a year. I feel you bro.
>>
>>49741358
>Necropotence as a commander
Wew lad. Sounds like it could be a blast as long as someone doesn't go full retard with it
>>
>>49741417
I could limit it to rare enchantments. Or I could take the risk.

My friends are a bunch of fun- loving dorks. I'm the only person who has more than one deck, plays multiple formats, and actually attends FNM. I doubt they would go nuts, or even know rhystic study exists.

>>49741562
I have to admit, I would do this.
>>
>>49741158

>literal child can't appreciate all the roles equally

Embarrassing
>>
>>49741358
IT'S STASIS TIME!!!
>>
>>49741686
>there is only one correct point of view and it's mine
Please.
>>
>>49741912

>My view is just as good as yours even though I'm a subhuman piece of garbage.

Yeah nice point of view you got there.
>>
>>49741166
Thank you for responding, again. I forgot how triggered people get by Nahiri the hotness .

My biggest issue with Jeleva is that 80 percent of the spells I want to cast with her are dead draws when I lack library manipulation. I like the thievery subtheme and Gonti seems like a logical include to further my goal of undermining the opponent but I cannot justify including more creatures in a spellslinger deck that don't help with spellslinging.

I do like that you can 'keep' those exiled cards even if Gonti dies. People usually pile in on Jeleva because the mass exile effect and whatever is exiled is lost forever. Hopefully Gonti draws less hate at the table.
>>
>>49740738
I should build him. Love me some Voltron in theory
>>
>>49740927
>turn 1 Jin
fuck you
>>
>>49741930
I still can't really understand black as a colour conceptually. It seems to take up the nebulous spaces the others don't and for the life of me I can't have a definition that satisfies me.

I can sort of tell the identity deals with reanimation, sacrifice and 'payment' versions of other colors, but not much more than that. Not to mention it's the most vaguely defined of the lot in terms of lore. nine out of ten times the worst of the worst are black yet its insisted that black isn't an inherently bad color. If this were the case, I think we'd see a lot more mono black mages that are at least somewhat benevolent, especially given that every other color has a trillion ways of creating characters that are layered rather than 'they're doing good things because they're selfish' like Liliana, even white which some consider wronglyto be the inherently 'good' color.

It's not that I don't want to like it, and the IDEA of black red appeals to me immensely, it just seems like a bit of a confusing color when factoring into dual colors and not particularly layered when it comes to lore. Every other color I totally get. Enlighten me?
>>
>>49742054
Might I add that this might just be a case of bad writing, since it could be argued characters like Jace would very easily be white in some places.
>>
File: Gay decks for babies.jpg (359KB, 1683x748px) Image search: [Google]
Gay decks for babies.jpg
359KB, 1683x748px
>>49740927
Longest running is Omnath, Locus of Mana. First deck best deck. Making all the mana will never stop being fun. The day I take it apart is the day I quit the hobby.

I've made at least two decks that didn't last a month. Darien, King of Kjeldor and Niv Mizzet, the Firemind. Darien could make a comeback, though. It was the second deck I build and got discouraged and just focused on Omnath.
>>
>>49742054

Black is definitely evil, is just not inherently evil
>>
File: Elf.jpg (64KB, 345x496px) Image search: [Google]
Elf.jpg
64KB, 345x496px
>Realize I can Eldrazi Displacer the opponent's Animar forever and ever
>>
File: unscythe, killer of kings.jpg (189KB, 850x1615px) Image search: [Google]
unscythe, killer of kings.jpg
189KB, 850x1615px
>>49741964
That alter is sick. Nice.

That was one of my issues with Jeleva, but moreover I felt like the deck was slowly devolving into a Melek deck and less of a theft/steal deck.

Regarding creatures: I had the Primordials and the like in there for a long while, and eventually replaced them all with spells that did the same thing. In the end, I ended up with a lot of splashy spells that I didn't want in my hand or just ultimately delayed the game longer than it should. Army of the Damned I learned was only good if I managed to crack it as early as turn 3. Any later and it would for sure get a wrath to come out.

One thing I never revealed: I actually took apart my Jeleva deck when Marchesa was revealed. It allowed me to repeat Primordial abilities, and stolen creatures with counters came back under /my/ control. For a while, she was the perfect Steal/Copy deck. I took that apart because I have a habit of changing the same deck's colors to explore new possibilities. In which I turned it into a Lazav deck, and then back to Jeleva again. Thinking about it, I would opt to make the theft/steal into Marchesa again if I wanted to do Grixis.

>>49742044
nyuk nyuk nyuk nyuk

>>49742134
I have too much of a loyalty boner for Titania to make an Omnath deck, but I do respect his power. He's currently in my Wort deck seen here >>49740927
>>
>>49740927
>Jin-Git on turn 1
Explain. You fucking monster.
>>
>>49740885
Either Kozilek are probably the best options. That being said I have an Oldamog deck in the works because I already own one and slapping a worldslayer on him sounds fun.
>>
>>49742195
Entomb, Lotus Petal/Chrome Mox/Mox Diamond, Reanimate

I actually have a seperate list that switches the early ramp if I wanted to take to bigger multiplayer games aka let everyone know that I still kick puppies and kitties with steel-toed boots
>>
File: Photo_2016-10-01_12-31-01_PM.png (2MB, 1936x968px) Image search: [Google]
Photo_2016-10-01_12-31-01_PM.png
2MB, 1936x968px
>>49740927
>What is your longest running deck?
Kokusho, which I made as soon as he got unbanned just for the hell of it, and it ended up being my only deck for about a year and a half.

>How many decks did you make that didn't even last for a month?
Before Kokusho, the lifespans of my decks ranged anywhere between 2 hours to 2 weeks, so every bit of 20+
>>
>>49742239
You have a sickness of the soul
>>
>>49742330
1/13th of me really hates everything, apparently.
>>
>>49741562
I'd go green and run Greater Good as mine. Draw all the cards!
>>
>>49742054
Black cares about #1 first and foremost. They can care about other stuff, but not at expense to themselves; it goes against their whole philosophy. If everyone acted in a way that put themselves first and took care of themselves properly, people would be a lot better off. Anyone who couldn't hack it and needs help is holding society back.

Black's philosophy gets super-Randian at times while at the same time holding up the idea that parasitism is good. And in black eye's, it's good for YOU. And you can't really blame someone if what's best for them is leeching off someone else. That other person should be strong enough to stop the leeching, really. Though if they're leeching off you, you gotta put 'em in the fucking ground.

But not even WotC makes a strong point about how Black values agency, or at least it gets buried in a language that paints the color as being very malicious and self-absorbed, as opposed to results-oriented and unconcerned with the morality of an action rather than if said action gets the job done.

Rather, Black is so absorbed in its own way of thinking, that it has difficulty comprehending why others would behave the way they do, eventually collapsing into a world centered around its own wellbeing since it's the only thing it could truly understand.

This is consistent however, with how Black normally operates. Black establishes a goal, and permits itself any method to achieve that goal. If the system can be exploited, Black will abuse it the hardest if it's an available means to its established end.

It's not that the end justifies it, it's that Black doesn't really give a shit about the ethical/moral/whatever issues, it's purely about achieving the goal.

That said the pride derived from Black's refusal to submit to anyone but itself potentially creates the sort of internal conflict that could drive Black from engaging in some activities.
>>
>>49742054
>>49742361
Like, the way I see it, Black's opinion on collecting welfare could range from a simple "free money is free money and I need the money" to a complex "it shackles me to a system of food stamps and other choice-limiting charities that fundamentally would not improve my situation; also nobody respects a welfare bitch."
>>
>>49740885
Second Kozi is better in my opinion. His draw ability is way more consistent considering that you're usually playing as much ramp (Sol Ring, Basalt Monolith, metalworker, than dynamo) and usually empty your hand when you get to him. His counter ability gives you something you usually don't see in colorless.

And Meanace pretty much makes him a 2 turn clock.
>>
>>49742054
Even liliana is so poorly characterized. She has a great motivation for being the way she is. But they don't play it up at all and they just have her be a bitch because she likes it.
>>
File: EDH Decks.jpg (2MB, 3446x2843px) Image search: [Google]
EDH Decks.jpg
2MB, 3446x2843px
>>49740927
My first commander deck is Niv Mizzet, made it over 6 years ago.

I think my second EDH deck was Animar, although I'm not sure.

As for the deck that lasted the shortest amount of time? Uril.
At the time it seemed like fun to make a voltron commander with hexproof.
Holy shit was I wrong, insanely dull and boring. Just play commander, enchant him to OHKO range, try to oneshot people, if they don't have a boardwipe they lose. At that time I was pretty much the only control player so nobody to counter him either. Took him apart after playing with him one day.

Other decks I have taken apart: Mimeoplasm (Got too repetetive with my instawin combos), built Damia out of the previous Mimeoplasm deck, it was too strong and also got repetetive after a while, so I abandoned BUG altogether.

Made a Sydri, Galvanic Genuis deck, since I love esper and artifacts (but a friend always plays Sharuum so I couldn't build that). Ended up taking it apart because I already had a Slobad deck and two heavily artifact themed decks became a bit repetetive.

Also took apart a superfriends +30 planeswalker deck and a 5 color enchantress deck. Planeswalkers because holy fuck that thing is boring, enchantress because I won the same way every time.
>>
>>49742361
I think I get it a bit more now, thanks. It makes a lot of sense as to why Black and White are essentially the most corrupt of people that could be considered sane(Orzhov) while also showing why red with black is so fucking nuts. Still waiting for a Rakdos Commander that suits my tastes though. RtR Rakdos is the closest thing and he's just not my style.
>>
>>49742428
I agree with this. Her best characterization moment is when she faced down Garruk. She wasn't interested in turning him into mulch, just fending him off. That shows depth to a character that lies in colors that wouldn't usually afford it.
>>
>>49742428

What's her great motivation that they don't play up at all?
>>
>>49742430
Also had a shattergang brothers deck, which became a Xira Arien deck, which became Omnath after we went through a phase of "let's try not playing 15 tutors in literally every deck we make" phase.
>>
>>49742428
Toshi best mono-B character forever
>>
You have been given the authority to slightly alter the banlist for EDH.

You get to put one card on the list, and get to take one off the list. What do you pick and why?
>>
>>49742467
She does everything she does because she is afraid of death. Not death itself but the idea of having to face up to all of the things she's done, most of all seeing her brother again. She wanted immortality so she wouldn't ever have to face that. This is really great motivation for a black character because it's indubitably selfish but very relatable, as opposed to how she's typically characterized as a bad bitch who revels in being bad, when in reality she's desperately trying to save herself.
>>
>>49742550
On:
Sol Ring

Off:
Primetime
>>
>>49742450
It's also why Garruk works so well as BG in my opinion. He's always been all about the survival of the strongest philosophically, now he's just a bit more proactive in making sure the weak are culled off and securing his spot at the apex. As much as I have a huge boner for graveyard interactions I'd love to see this side of the color combo explored more.
>>
Tutors are a crutch for scrubs who can't handle variance
>>
>>49742554
This is all true by the way, not extrapolation. They made sure this was still her background during the origins stories. But you would never know any of this considering her potrayal in the game and even the stories. At least Jace is portrayed well enough in the stories contrary to his flavor text quips.
>>
File: 1401235601403.jpg (13KB, 336x340px) Image search: [Google]
1401235601403.jpg
13KB, 336x340px
>>49742550
On: Sol Ring
Off: Grizzelbrand
>>
File: Image.jpg (33KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
33KB, 223x310px
>>49740738
Does anyone know where i can get the "Darksteel Forge" effect for less mana? I want my isochron scepters to be indestructible.
>>
>>49742550
Ban deadeye mavigator, unban sylvan primordial. It's only a problem if you can flicker it constantly.
>>
>>49742550
>On the list
Sol Ring or Mana Crypt

>Off the list
Upheaval
>>
>>49742634
So we have to ban Displacer and Mistmeadow Witch, too.

"It's only a problem if you do broken shit with it" is a moronic reasoning. Sylvan and Primetime are both awful and should stay banned.
>>
>>49742634
This

If you ban Deadeye, you could unban both Primetime and Sylvan Primordial. They're only cancerous because of flicker shenanigans and Deadeye is the king of it.
>>
>>49742634
>It's only a problem if you can flicker it constantly.
Which is absurdly fucking easy in this format. Holy shit, why does everyone want the most retarded shit unbanned? Ring and Crypt are demure in comparison
>>
>>49742590
I don't think we're going to see Garruk until at least after Amonkhet, which I think is sad. He has some hypocrisies that have yet to be tackled, and given the vast increase in connectivity between the planes, I'd like to see a tangled web of the Gatewatch trying to deal with some awful threat like the Phyrexians while he fucks with both sides as he comes across them like some kind of MTG Jason Vorhees.

The thought of everyone crapping their pants when he busts in and decks Gideon like it's nothing would be fucking priceless.

On topic: Is Selvala as elfball good? I know it's not Rhys, but I think it could work.
>>
>>49742593
But anon, how else are mono black decks going to spend 20 minutes in a single turn searching up their infinite combos?
>>
>>49742430
What the hell did you do to that Oloro? Eric Deschamps' art for the card is gorgeous, why would you get it covered up by an amateur?
>>
>>49740834
Does anyone else have a serious problem with people building too many 5-color decks in their playgroups?

Everyone and their fucking mom around me either is planning on building, is building, or already has Child of Alara decks. Meanwhile I'm over here, never having ventured beyond color pairs. What the fuck, guys?
>>
>>49742749
RUININATION
BACK TO THE BASICS
WAVE OF VITIROL

BE KARMA, BE A BITCH
>>
>>49742634
Or repeatedly clone it.
Or reanimate it turn 2, destroying everyones turn 1 land.

No, Sylvan Primordial shouldn't be unbanned.
>>
>>49742239
>Plains
>Sword to Plowshares

Your move anon :^)
>>
>>49740927
Can you post your Brion list? I'm trying to strike a balance between having enough of my own things to fling and having Threaten effects for taking other peoples'.
>>
>>49742430
Post your Slobad list please
>>
>>49742746
Eh, I got the alter as a surprise gift from a friend.

>>49742779
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/so-bad-slobad/
>>
>>49742631
avacyn, angel of hope is cmc 8
indestructability can grant one permanent the keyword for cmc 4
slobad goblin tinkerer could help a bit?
soul of new phyrexia only costs 6 but activates for 5
also that which was taken can make things indestructible
>>
>>49742109
Living Guildpact would have been WU if it had not been Jace on the card, because Jace is apparently iconic enough as the blue mage that they didn't want to mess with that.

It's a bit weird that they didn't, though, because they didn't have any trouble at all shifting Ajani to W/R and then to W/G.
>>
>>49742550
REMOVE DEADEYE remove deadeye
I don't know what to unban. Braids, I guess.
>>
>>49742550
On: Mana Crypt

Off: Emrakul, the Aeons Torn

How'd I do?
>>
>>49742763
The one guy who consistently actually plays his Child deck plays it by holding up counterspells until he can unleash his endgame extravaganza. I might be able to pull it off against the other guy, though, because he strikes me as a more aggressive player.
>>
>>49742550

Ban sol ring and crypt (fuck you banning just one doesn't help because banning crypt only hits like 5% of edh players but banning sol ring means that only über rich fags get to wreck everybody with fast mana)

Unban prophet of Kruphix because I haven't felt like building UG since she's been gone
>>
Banning Crypt and Sol Ring will just make UGx even more dominating than ever.
>>
>>49742857
>Unban prophet of Kruphix

Go fuck yourself.
>>
>>49742820
There was a reason Ajani was usurped by Gideon for a good few blocks, only appearing on Theros after god knows how many years of absence after Alara. I fucking cheered that he was back for Kaladesh, though I'm nearly sure they'll be saving his new PW card for Amonkhet to go with Bolas, as Tezzeret is just too big a player in the block not to get one, what with him sharing the villain slot with Baral.

Living Guildpact was the most blatant. The guy literally works as what's essentially the ultimate peacekeeper of the plane in a way that would make the Azorius weep with happiness. The approximation of it in nearly every story concerning or mentioning is: "Jace stops the guilds from functioning in any way but how they were meant to".
>>
>hurr durr let's unban the most fucking awful format-warping shit to play against
>>
File: 1377809062214.jpg (39KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1377809062214.jpg
39KB, 500x375px
>>49742857
>ban Sol Ring and Crypt to fuck over non-G manabases
>unban Prophet of Kruphix to turbocharge UGx's
Oh no you don't
>>
>>49742550
On: nothing.

Off: Prophet, T. Academy, your favorite banned card.

Me for prez.
>>
>>49742925
There there, it's only make-believe anon.
>>
>>49742917
>There was a reason Ajani was usurped by Gideon for a good few blocks
Really? Why?

Ah, I just remembered the other reason Jace wasn't white. Apparently creative didn't want people thinking he had joined the Azorius. Which I guess makes sense, but in a sense he has: he's always working with Livinia, after all.
>>
>>49742954
>>49742887

Sol ring and crypt don't actually benefit nongreen manabases relative to green, because green just runs them too if they can afford them

Prophet of kruphix is fun to play with, not her fault she's broken, I miss her
>>
>>49742550
I don't really think there's a lot I'd want on there bar Narset, and only because she's not a very interesting commander to play against. I'm the same anon from earlier that hates white/blue control, go figure.
>>
>>49743003
>Prophet of Kruphix is fun to play with
Flat-fucking wrong. Prophet of Kruphix is fucking obnoxious to play against. Bite me.
>>
>>49742990
Hasbro was seriously dipping their hand into the game for a bit and Gideon was more marketable, allegedly. Allegedly being the operative word here, since I've never heard anyone say a bad word about Ajani and have heard plenty of 'he's kind of bland, isn't he?' out Gideon.
>>
>>49742550
Ban Cyclonic Rift
No instant-speed one-sided boardwipe for blue anymore kthnx
>>
>>49742778
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/brion-stoutarm-the-basketball-player/
My list though I just put in Aetherwork... uh, that watertower thing for 50 life. Forgot the name. I have yet to draw it though so I can't tell you if its good or not yet.

I generally use my own dudes to slam people, with like 4 or 5 Threaten effects. I like to think of my deck as a "standing army" in the sense that I have dudes, I don't have to attack with them, but they aren't easy to get by. And I can just sac them to prevent theft effects.

I'm thinking about trying Illusionist Bracers in here but the issue is that I barely have any dudes with tap effects save for Feldon, Brion, Valkyrie and maybe Magus of the Wheel.
>>
So I'm throwing together a Jund deck with no real discernible theme, and I was thinking of making it an essential Midrange deck- just tons of spot and mass removal, some efficient ass-beaters, and to just bury them in value.

The thing is, I was kicking around the idea of making a gimmicky-ass Mogis deck all about removal (it'd be a Death Metal deck, you see), or an Alesha deck with a ton of spot removal since those are the three best colors.

Thoughts?
>>
>>49743058
>>49742990
>>49742917
Gideon had only Jura and Champion of Justice before Origins whilst Ajani had all 5 of his cards, where are you getting this idea that Gideon replaced Ajani for a period before Theros? White's actually had a pretty good spread of walkers with Elspeth in the mix, unlike every other colour with only one main walker (Nissa doesn't really count, she's only recently replaced Garruk)
>>
>>49743117
Sounds like about what I've got already. I'll check this out though and see if I can glean anything from your other card choices -- I think I might be running too many noncreature spells.
>>
>>49743039
So hostile. You must be a turbo scrub.
>>
>>49743134

>recently replaced Garruk

FUCKING FEMINISTS
>>
>>49743039
He's not wrong, though. His claim wasn't that Prophet is fun to play -against- (which it absolutely is not, unless they're intentionally kneecapping themselves), but that it's fun to play WITH. Which it is. The problem is that you bleed that joy directly out of the other three people at the table.
>>
>>49743134
Re: the term "iconic white planeswalker," Gideon has only ever been white. Ajani, by contrast, has been white, white/red, white/green, and white again. This, in spite of the fact that Ajani began life as the original white planeswalker. It's just a bit funny is all.
>>
>>49743151
Prophet ban best day of my life
>>49743155
Playing WITH a card encompasses playing against it: you're still interacting with that card, after all, and so outside of a strict rules viewpoint you are technically playing with that card. It's a semantic objection, but I think, a sound one. If a card is only fun to play with when it's on your side of the field, it's not fun to play with for anyone else.
>>
>>49743134
I was more referring to Ajani's bit part in Theros in great contrast to 'I'm in every block/set now' Gideon. Not to mention that Ajani's appearance in the story had a five year gap, while Gideon's appearances only really paused for Theros and Khans, before going into overdrive in the following two years while Ajani disappeared again for those until now.
>>
File: sylvan.jpg (32KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
sylvan.jpg
32KB, 223x310px
>>49742550
Ban winter orb and unbann Sylvan Primordial
>>
>>49743187

I don't have a problem playing against prophet of kruphix

It's really fun to use as well
>>
>>49742550
>Ban
Jin-Gitaxias

So tired of having Jin-Gitaxias reanimated on turn 1-3.

>Unban
Painter's Servant
There's so much worse stuff than Painter's Servant + Grindstone or Iona in the format, and it enables a lot of fun shenanigans outside of those scenarios.

As for cards I wish were unbanned but I recognize shouldn't be:
Sundering Titan (Playing this in Mono-Red was so much fun)
Protean Hulk (I realize this would be used to go infinite always, but I just want to use it as a value tutor).
>>
>>49742857
>Unban PoK

Yeah you can go right ahead and fuck yourself. UG doesn't need anymore advantage.
>>
>>49743250
Then nobody ever used it in the degenerate manner they should have. Prophet basically read "Take an extra turn between everyone else's turn". Untap, flash in a creature. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. It was barely more difficult to cast than Seedborn, and much more degenerate with the flash-dudes built into it.
>>
>>49742769
Shrug my shoulders and "dam u got me"; or actually have a blue card and Force of Will that only happens 1 out 10 times.
>>
>>49742857
U/G Has Palinchron, Omniscience and Deadeye.
Doesn't need PoK back.
>>
>>49742550
Make a fuck ingredients secondary ban list for generals. It's ridiculous there isn't one already.

Take Coalition Victory off the ban list. It's stupid it's on there while more degenerate instants and sorceries like Rift arent.
>>
>>49743318
>Fuck ingredients

Another inspired contribution from autocorrect
>>
>People wanting PoK, Primetime or Primetime2 unbanned
The game turns into everyone cloning, copying, stealing and reanimating each others versions the moment one hits the table while the RW player commits suicide. That's not fun for anyone.
>>
>>49740927
I was thinking of playing a Wort deck. Seems like good, cheap, fun. Would I be correct in that assessment? Similar gameplan to yours, tokens and x spells.
>>
>>49743003
>Prophet is fun to play with

Bullshit. The second it hit the board, the entire game becomes
>who can copy it?
>who can steal it?
>who can reanimate it?
>how much removal is it going to take to actually get rid of it?

You basically get to take a turn during everyone else's turn. Nothing fun about a brain tumor.
>>
>>49743359
Primetime is fine.
>>
>>49741163
someone pls
>>
>>49742054
Black is weird. The closest thing it has to an identity is:

>The best stuff... For a price!

And most tournament worthy black decks heavily feature that theme. Whether it's removal spells with arbitrary restriction, mutual discard, discarding something in order to get a token, pay 1 life and get 1 card...

Black also usually has the most direct graveyard interaction, I guess.

Life drain is black, unless it's b/w...
>>
File: 1475521382617.gif (428KB, 200x183px) Image search: [Google]
1475521382617.gif
428KB, 200x183px
>>49743010
Why does Narset get this much shit when commanders like Prossh, Oloro and Newlamog exist?

Not only does Narset have to resolve, but she also has to survive long enough to attack. Then the spells you cast off her can still be responded to. Meanwhile, all you have to do is turn lands sideways to get value out of Prossh and Newlamog and since they're on cast you can't even answer it without Trickbind.

Im not saying Narset isn't cancer, because of course she's cancer. I just dont get how this entire group bitches about her like she's public enemy #1.
>>
>>49743282

Why does it have to be unfun for me if my opponents are trying to to take extra turns in between everyone else's turn

Not like that shit lasts long anyway, after 1 cycle of turns the game is over, you have to kill it before that
>>
What's a cool way to build around Selvala, Explorer Returned?
>>
>>49740885
I happen to be an expert on this topic. I run Distortion as my go to commander deck and find it to be overall a good deal stronger. The short version is that butcher is a better creature, but distortion is a better commander. Now, lets compare.

Butcher wins on the keyword department straight up, no contest. That being said, menace makes it much easier for Distortion to connect, and that is very relevant when commander damage makes it a 2 turn clock.

The cast trigger is about even, but generally favors Distortion in actual gameplay. sometimes Butcher will come out way ahead when you hand is already stacked and Distortion would be useless. Sometimes Distortion makes Butcher look small-time when you are in topdeck mode and can get a full reload. Generally, you will be drawing 3-5 cards, however the fact that you are dumping your starting hand to ramp him out will generally land you on the upper side of the spectrum on the first cast, which is usually the most important.

where Distortion really pulls ahead is with his ability. turning every card in your hand into an uncounterable disrupting shoal is pretty sweet. It gives colorless one of the things it greatly lacks in repeatable single target interaction. More importantly though, it lets you beat your opponents down with the power of MATHS. since every card you draw is now disrupting shoal, you can stack your deck much heavier on ramp and much lighter on threats than a regular colorless deck. this also means you have room for more utility cards and means that every card you get from a cast trigger is relevant, even if the card itself isn't. That is huge.

Last but not least, Distortion has much better synergy than Butcher does. cards like top, scroll rack, null brooch, and even wing of three wishes now serve double duty. You can mulligan much more aggressively since you have way more rocks than Butcher would and the cast trigger actually rewards you for doing so. Overall, Distortion kills it.
>>
File: CVk692ZUwAAyUz5.jpg (34KB, 500x384px) Image search: [Google]
CVk692ZUwAAyUz5.jpg
34KB, 500x384px
>pull off an asspull win with Melek Fireballs.dec
>get focused put of every game for the rest of the night
>>
>>49743318
>Make a fuck ingredients secondary ban list for generals. It's ridiculous there isn't one already.
Funny, we have always had it until last year, when they removed it and put the banned commanders into the normal banlist because having "two seperate banlists was too confusing for people".
>>
>>49743753
I think it was because the ridiculous clusterfuck of code that is Magic Online couldn't actually handle two banlists. A big part of me wishes they'd just work on a completely new client and switch everyone over to that
>>
>>49743517
I've only faced Narset so far, and I can only call out what I dislike as I come across it. I mean, if I were to bitch about commanders that I find are unfun to play against I'd fuck Augustin onto the banlist fast as fucking split second.
>>
>>49743816
Wouldn't surprise me if that was the case, but the reason they gave was the above.
>>
File: stormtrooper-depressed.png (115KB, 600x300px) Image search: [Google]
stormtrooper-depressed.png
115KB, 600x300px
>tfw xmage doesn't have Dark Sphere
Hidetsugu is USELESS

Also no Intimidation for the Alesha build I'm testing is a major bummer
>>
>>49743562
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/01-10-16-tap-that-ass/
>>
>>49740777
>Teysa
>Meren
>Queen Marchesa
>Geist
>Ezuri
>Purphoros

Trips say I need 2 more blue and 1 more each of red and green but I hate Izzet.
What are the best Temur and Mono U commanders that don't play like anything I already have?
>>
>>49744072

Surrak seems different from anything you have but I'd have to see decklists to be sure
>>
>>49742550
On:
Cyclonic Rift

Off:
Trade Secrets
>>
>>49744237

Man wtf is wrong with you

Trade secrets was without a doubt the least fun card ever allowed in edh
>>
>>49742550
ban grindstone unban painter's servant
>>
>>49744261
I disagree, Cyclonic is the least fun. I'd rather have my opponent have his entire deck in his hands than make me have my entire boardstate in mine. And yes I am aware that card draw is the most powerful thing in magic.
>>
>>49742550
Off: Balance
On: Island
>>
>>49742550
On: One of the fast mana rocks probably, but I like storm, so I think that it's okay the way it is really.
Off: Limited Resources. Definitely that one.
>>
>>49744321

Let's say they ban cyc rift and unban trade secrets

The blue players are just going to draw their libraries and bounce your board anyway with some combo that should be harder to assemble than cyc rift but it's not because they have fucking trade secrets

And honestly sometimes you have a player who is smart enough to stop the trade secrets after one cycle, but it's just the fact that the card lets two people decide if they want to ruin the game or not
>>
>>49744385
How is unbanning Trade Secrets any worse that having two players controlling a Consecrated Sphinx each? Blue players already draw their libraries consistently enough for it to be a nonstarter as far as I am concerned.
>>
>>49744150
>Teysa is reanimator/darkest hour combo
>Meren is the same as any other Meren
>Queen Marchesa is 1v1 creatureless control
>Geist is voltron
>Ezuri is elfball
>Purphoros is Purphoros

I guess Surrak dumbstuff and Laquatus mill would be sufficiently different and fun.
>>
>>49744467
marchesa list pls?
>>
Ban deadeye
Unban Sunderng Titan
>>
>>49744466

It's not worse than two Connies in play, but you have to cast a 6 mana Connie then another player do the same or clone it

Whereas trade secrets it's just one 3 mana spell
>>
>>49744506
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/20-08-16-TBe-marchesa/
I'm dropping Mardu Charm, Enlightened Tutor, Gideon and Darksteel Ingot for Castigate, Radiant Flames, Umezawa's Jitte and Declaration in Stone when we go into 20 life.
>>
>>49743364
No list because its fairly recent and I'm a lazy shit, but here's the thing: Yes for the cheap fun.....for the most part. It runs almost every non-symmetrical mana doubler I can cram in there. (I am considering pitching Caged Sun/Gauntlet of Power for just giant ramp spells).

Your plan is obviously damage. Fuck loads of damage. You do this in two ways: token producers creature or not. One Dozen Eyes, Tempt with Vengeance, Revel of the Fallen God, and Sylvan Offering are among my favorite spells that produce tokens to conspire. I still use plenty of EtB dudes like Siege-Gang, mana dorks of many varieties, and so forth.

Card draw is essential and happens in large spurts. Regal Force, Mind's Eye, Shamanic Revelation, and Harmonize are example cards I use that cover bases. Conspiring cards like Wild Guess and Cathartic Revelation nets you a bonus gain of cards so those are also nifty to have.

The only burn spells I pack are Banefire, Comet Storm, and Devil's Play and Burn at the Stake.

I'm actually considering taking Genesis Wave out of the deck but it still needs more playtesting to make a decision. If anything, netting a bunch of lands is still fine.

One final thing: Xenagos, the Reveler is the best Planeswalker for this deck. The +1 is too good to exclude.
>>
>>49742550
On: Cyclonic Rift. I understand that it does provide a way for blue decks to prevent a disastrous board state from killing them, but more often than not it just becomes a slog fest when it resolves and overloads.

Off: Braids. Yes she's stupid for Commander, but she's so bloody essential for black stax decks with in her in the 99 and is hardly ever offensive.
>>
>>49744749
The Braids problem is solved when they just fucking return to two seperate banlists
>>
>>49744781
Which is what I would love to happen.

By the way: Why the fuck did they decide on the whole "one ban list" thing in the first place?
>>
>>49744701
>Burn at the Stake

glad someone else knows that card exists. Straight game over for at least one player in any half decent token deck
>>
>>49744802

Discussed here already:
>>49743816
>>49743753
>>49743836
>>
>>49744842
Well derp. Thanks anon.
>>
Rift is cancer because it's often played right before and Armageddon. I've never seen it played fairly or to save an otherwise disadvantaged player, it's always a fuck you to the table before Narset or Armageddon hit the table and ruin everything for everyone forever.
>>
>finally traded for a Glen Elendra Archmage
Feels great, but I'm not sure if I need more protection for this Animar deck. My only counters right now are that, Mystic Snake and Stubborn Denial.
>>
>>49745081
I know that feel anon, I just got a Lord of Tresserhorn and I already have a neat deck planned for him.

Also, in animar, as much as you can run counters, it isn't really optimal for protection. I find you either want to suit it up with something like swiftfoot boots, or lock the board down with an ETB of some variety that you cheat out. What's your other removal look like?
>>
>>49745195
I've got Lightning Greaves and Swiftfoot Boots for equipment, and Painter's Servant helps out too. I even have goofy crap like Not Of This World. I always feel so vulnerable the first turn or two after I play Animar, though.
>>
>>49745227
>Painter's Servant
But that's banned anon.

Better question, do you have a deck list I can look at? If not, how much removal are you running, like how many cards? Same for card draw and ramp.
>>
>>49745251
Oh shoot it is? Thanks for the heads up, this is just something I've put together recently to play with friends. I'll have to type up a decklist for it once I get home, thanks again.
>>
>>49745281
Sure, whenever you get the chance post it and I'll take a look eventually. The banlist is pretty straight forward, no prophet of kruphix or prime time either though. A quick google will give you the whole thing.
>>
I love Animar.

I have a creature only decklist with him.
Nothing but lands and creatures.
It's also really good looking.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/animar-edh-51/

Recently decided to add Primal Surge to the list again, but it hasn't arrived in the mail yet.
>>
>>49745251
They should unban it and ban grindstone instead. it's a fun card that you can do a lot with
>>
>>49741358
white should play solitary confinement fuck the world
>>
>>49745404
>unban painter's servant
No. You can do really mean things with that card and suddenly you'd see hatebears/Iona become super popular. I understand that it's neat, but I can't think of any non-broken way to use the thing.
>>
>>49745396
>no yard hate
>not even scavenging ooze

have fun losing to Spore frog

also your custom categories a shit
>>
>>49742550
On: Consecrated Sphinx

Off: Primeval Titan

When they unbanned kokopuffs I thought for sure they were going to unban prime time, since the argument for banning both was the exact same shit. It seems ridiculous to me that one is banned but the other isn't.

Connie should be banned for the same reason trade secrets is. When two people have them out you automatically know one of them will win the game, and it's usually the one to untap first.

Also I really want to play notion thief but I can't while she is around.
>>
>>49745404
I can't think of any problem I have with either being unbanned. A two card combo vulnerable to creature and artifact removal is hardly degenerate, especially in a format where Narset, Prossh, etc. is legal.

That and lots of people maindeck Eldrazi (or you could start running Gaea's Blessing, Feldon's Cane, Time Spiral, Mnemonic Nexus.....)
>>
>>49745517
I just want to do cute things with it and I like the kaladesh masterpiece art.
>>
>>49745504
Oh wow, of all the problems and obvious shortcomings the deck has (Humility, Torpor Orb and other similar effects) you mention combat damage?

This deck pretty much never wins through combat damage.
>>
>>49742171
To what end?
>>
>>49745552
>picking the low fruit

The point is you will get out-valued by any decent reanimator deck
>>
>>49745575
Any decent reanimator deck will be reanimating jin-gitaxias or consecrated sphinx, not spore frog.
>>
>>49745563
Removing the counters as they are put on it I would imagine.
>>
>>49745623
>the point

>your head
>>
>>49745517
The problem is its a colorless combo with few pieces and a low cmc. If it were legal, every deck would run it.
>>
>>49745642
No, your point was just absolutely shit.
>>
>>49745575
To be fair, the deck doesn't look bad. I mean, it's gameplan is linear, it's decklist is niche, but I don't think spore frog is winning games against this list. Winter Orb or Smokestack on the other hand are going to make him sad. Same with Elesh Norn.
>>
>>49745666
spore frog was just an example of something easily abused by a deck that wins through graveyard mechanics

it seems ill-planned that a creature based deck includes hate for artifacts/enchantments but doesn't give a thought to their opponents' graveyards. Maelstrom Wanderer is also listed twice
>>
>>49745552
>calling your deck a timmy deck
>not winning through combat damage
pick 1 and only 1
>>
>>49745761
I understand you have many emotions towards this anonymous poster's deck on the internet, but it's not that bad. I don't run a lot of graveyard hate because I usually run a lot of graveyard shenanigans. For example, I have Feldon and Brawn in my Maelstrom, and as a result, I don't run any graveyard hate. Could I slot in a tormod's? Probably, but I haven't needed to. If your gameplan is to combo off, there are very few things that could be reanimated to fuck your day, and any deck that's reanimating good things is going to reanimate them anyways when you don't have your statistically improbable hate.
>>
Is Emmara Tandris fun?
>>
File: 1388541501586.gif (3MB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
1388541501586.gif
3MB, 512x384px
>Years ago
>Return to Mirrodin block
>Get my start on the edh scene with a Sen Triplets derp deck
>Was terrible
>Keep losing to creature based stuff
>Get fed up and build KILLSPELLS.DEC (Feat. Geth and Marit Lage)
>Murder everything in sight cause everyone plays aggro
>People get mad at me when I kill fatties
>My face

I did not care at that point. Geth is still one of my best decks. Fuck
>>
>>49745761
Because it is in two seperate categories.

Also, graveyards are a complete non issue.

The only reason the deck has enchantment and artifact removal is because they have the potential to ruin the decks gameplan.

Until they print a card that says "when X is in your graveyard, opponent can't cast creatures", I still won't give a shit about their graveyard. Their graveyard can be 80 cards where 30 of them have flashback and dredge and I wouldn't give a fuck, because it doesn't prevent Animar from turning creatures free and drawing my entire deck in one turn.
>>
>>49745829

Why would she be?

You run her because she's a qt3.14
>>
>>49745826
I was mostly being facetious, but I even included a possible thing to be slotted in:scavenging ooze. It's repeatable grave hate with a body that isn't hard to recur
>>
how viable is Zada combat damage? I've been goldfishing storm and it seems hella consistent but I'm worried I may need to tone it down for my meta.
>>
>>49745837
>drawing my entire deck in one turn
>it's a timmy deck I swear!
>>
>>49745884
Timmy is more than "Play craw wurm, turn it sideways" you know. Timmy is about winning BIG. This deck does that, with big creatures. Very Timmy.
>>
>>49742550
Ban Leovold, Emissary of Trest, what the fuck was Wizards thinking with that one...

Unban Emrakul, the Aeons Torn. No where near as broken as other commanders in a multiplayer game.
>>
>these Lord of Tresserhorn recommendation's on EDHrec
Look, I get that he's a Zombie, but he seems so much better than "Oops, rooftop storm and zombies".
>>
>>49745910
it's a johnny wishing he could hangout with the timmys so he jumps through hoops to make it appear timmy
>>
>>49745935
I guess I should rename it Timmy meets Johhny
>>
>>49745959
Tommy?
Jimmy?
>>
File: commanders.png (6MB, 2400x3152px) Image search: [Google]
commanders.png
6MB, 2400x3152px
>>49740927
>>
File: 1452811494253.jpg (22KB, 250x196px) Image search: [Google]
1452811494253.jpg
22KB, 250x196px
>Sydri drops turn 2 Torpor Orb
>playing Godo
>>
>>49745990
I play Torpor Orb in every single deck that isn't creature heavy, easily my favorite artifact.
>>
File: Image (70).png (155KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Image (70).png
155KB, 223x311px
>>49745990
rude, but
>artifacts being a problem for a monoR deck that works with artifacts
>>
File: 1386536257436.png (101KB, 355x328px) Image search: [Google]
1386536257436.png
101KB, 355x328px
>>49746009

>X enters the battlefield I will go get my-
>No you wont
>Why wouldn't I? Oh.
>Yeah.
>Damn it.

Such a good feeling cause you know a lot of their plans crumble.
>>
File: G2eEX1V.jpg (145KB, 800x585px) Image search: [Google]
G2eEX1V.jpg
145KB, 800x585px
>>49745829
Why in the world would she be fun? She almost literally does nothing except have an extremely fine rack.
>>
>>49746048
what wrong with her eyes lmao.
>>
>>49745563
Stopping it from getting out of hand, since that piece of shit has Protection from all good removal
>>
>>49746009
I have ways of handling it, but man it just slows everything way the fuck down

>>49746010
I'd rather not sac my own shit. I'm actually testing a new version of this deck, and I'm not sure I like it as much
>>
File: areyoufuckingkiddingme.jpg (36KB, 641x473px) Image search: [Google]
areyoufuckingkiddingme.jpg
36KB, 641x473px
>>49746068

>New player drops Animar
>"Oh here we go."
>"No. no. It's different I promise."
>Proceeds to be the exact same as every other Animar deck

Same goes for nearly every UGx deck I've played against.
>>
File: Quicksmith Genius.png (50KB, 393x400px) Image search: [Google]
Quicksmith Genius.png
50KB, 393x400px
>>49746010
Holy shit, I played my Slobad deck yesterday and I won every game off Scrap Mastery and Quicksmith Genius

Quicksmith Genius is ridiculous.

>Play divining top
>Quicksmith trigger on stack
>draw with top
>quicksmith trigger resolves, discard a card, draw top
>play top, repeat this until grave is full of goodstuff
>scrap mastery
>get 30 artifact triggers through Myr Battlesphere + Mirrorworks and Clock of Omens + Manarocks to pay for copies of everything
>discard an eldrazi titan
>shuffle gy back into library
>20 triggers in on quicksmith draw scrap mastery again
>sacrifice all artifacts to slobad, cast scrap mastery again
>this time get twice as many triggers
>go fucking nuts
>>
File: Quicksmith Genius.png (144KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Quicksmith Genius.png
144KB, 223x311px
>>49746148
Well that image was great.

Wonder what happened to it.
>>
>>49746160
Oh right, somehow managed to save the image that was behind the actual image on Gatherer. Clicked too far to the side.
>>
>>49746160
You somehow saved the circle image that is loaded behind every card on gatherer. Fine work.
>>
File: 1359921852892.jpg (307KB, 700x978px) Image search: [Google]
1359921852892.jpg
307KB, 700x978px
How do people build their Aurelia deck?
I had built it as RW Tokens and I'm starting to think I should change it up. I never really have a reason to cast Aurelia other than "I have literally nothing else to do." I'm thinking of changing it to equipment Voltron, but I dunno how many equipments I should run.

Are there ways to freely attach equipments on things other than Puresteel Paladin and Sigarda's AIDS?
>>
Why is UGx the faggiest color combo? I have never seen a fun or interesting deck in those colors.
>>
>>49746298
Because it's got two really powerful things that become even MORE powerful in multiplayer setting; card draw and mana ramp. When you ramp to 30 mana, you use it all to draw 40 cards and answer literally everything in a comfy manner. If it lost one or the other, it wouldn't be as obnoxiously powerful.
>>
>>49746328
Then you add black and get the third thing: Tutors

BUG is the worst.
>>
Rate my deck, recommendations are welcome.
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/21-07-16-the-memeoplasm/
>>
>>49746298
What do you consider "fun or interesting" decks?
>>
>>49746517
NASCAR-style

Going fast turning left and crashing into shit
>>
>>49745883

The two aren't mutually exclusive, you can have your storm draws but also a couple pump spells for a combat damage win

I mean when our local Zada guy wins it's usually both, he storms into a million tokens, cards, and mana and then finishes half the time with a big pump spell that gets spread to all his creatures and swings for the win
>>
>>49745990

Haha! Just when I thought these pesky artifacts would ruin me I draw Rec sage!

.....awww fuck
>>
>>49746552
I built Kruphix Eldrazi ramp with Master Polymorphist and various other things. The whole game plan consisted of sacing a scions for giant eldrazi, then swinging with them. It's a neat deck that's on my to-do list to rebuild, that is also UG and fits your criteria.
>>
>>49746552
That style is the style I find the least fun or interesting. Particularely if done voltron style.

Different strokes for different folks.
>>
>>49746589
>not playing caustic caterpillar
you got what you deserved
>>
>>49746616
I like going fast. I like fast games. I hate games that turn into slogs of just setting up combo pieces forever and someone firing off a howitzer after a billion years
>>
>>49746616
See, I like cheating things into play and swinging for the game, but not voltron style shenanigans. I'm also partial to grinding value, and tutoring up soft-locks.
>>
>>49746643
If it makes you happier, our howitzers usually happen between turn 4-10.

I recently had a game end on turn 3 because someone was silly enough to cast Wheel of Fortune after I dumped my hand of manarocks turn 1-2 with mana left up for Plagiarize
>>
>>49746552

UG can do that well
>>
>>49746681
With what?

>>49746653
>I like cheating things into play and swinging for the game
This is exactly what my main deck does, but with Voltron. So I doubt you'd enjoy it

But hey, finding what we like is why we play
>>
>>49746639
That thing is so disgusting in my friends Meren deck. Never any artifacts or enchantments around when he plays Meren. First few turns its Caustic into Reclamation Sage, then tutor for Bane of Progress and bringing it back whenever he feels it's necessary.
>>
>>49743587
Alright, you've sold me. I'll definitely swap in Distortion as commander and try it out. My deck is already heavy on mana rocks and utility, so I feel like it'd probably work out about how you described. I personally like having Annihilator 4 on command as soon as I hit 10 mana (which is usually pretty early), but coming out that fast with Menace pretty much amounts to a two-shot on somebody.
>>
>>49746713

What do you mean with what? UG has green and green has efficient beaters and ways to protect your big beaters
>>
>>49745990
>I play Rest in Peace turn 2
>someone just scoops and deals himself in turn two with a different deck.

prick
>>
>>49746741
I really should build with green. But not UG. Gruul looks fun but I build so much red
>>
>>49746788
That happens way too often when I start with Leyline of the Void in play.

If it's such a big problem for you, play fucking enchantment removal.
>>
File: 69.jpg (76KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
69.jpg
76KB, 312x445px
>>49746821
>play fucking enchantment removal
See that's on the tough side
>>
>>49742631
if youre fine with things dying Faith's Reward and Second Sunrise can work
>>
>>49746861

Not great with isochron scepter but yeah they are decent cards
>>
Hokori Stax.

Can it work?
Is it plain awful because of mono-white?
Would he do better in the 99 of Teeg or Sisay?
>>
>>49743587
Mind posting your list?
>>
File: Image.jpg (25KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
25KB, 223x310px
>>49746837

>Mono-Red

I know your pain.

>"You really can't do shit about my enchantments can you?"
>"I can do one thing. But remember this is your fault. Not mine."
>"Sure whatever"
>Pillowfort for some reason has no responses
>It resolves
>"Your fault."
>>
>>49746938
I mean, a Spine will usually do. And in Slobad it's great since you can just bring it back to your hand
>>
>>49746837
Well, Slobad isn't THAT reliant on his graveyard.

That still leaves us with Spine of Ish-Sah, Oblivion Stone, Nevinyrral's Disk, Karn Liberated, Ugin, Scour From Existence, All is Dust, Chaos Warp, Mycosynth/Liquimetal Coating + Artifact removal.

>>49746955
>>49746837
Please post Slobad list.
>>
QUICK

WHO IS BEST GRUUL COMMANDER FOR MAXIMUM SMASH

CAN'T DECIDE BETWEEN THROMOK OR XENAGOS
>>
>>49747035
Xenagos
>>
>>49747035

Xenagod is better but thromok is cool too
>>
>>49747035
If you just want to smash things with dudes in general, Xenagos

If you want to smash people with 81/81 worms specifically, Thromok
>>
>>49746071
you use it when your shit is in the yard ya dingus
>>
>>49747035
My favorite in terms of capturing the gruul smashy feeling is Ruric Thar.

But among those two, Xenagos.
>>
File: Image (71).png (147KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Image (71).png
147KB, 223x311px
>>49746837
>slobad
>not running pic related
>>
Is there any way to make Ishkanah viable or is she just terrible.
>>
File: ftl53_sen1.jpg (63KB, 620x415px) Image search: [Google]
ftl53_sen1.jpg
63KB, 620x415px
Anyone have any tips for a Sen Triplets deck?
>>
>>49747165
>viable
In what meaning?

She is a fun commander.

Is she going to stand a chance in a table with Derevi, Leovold and Prossh? Never.
>>
>>49747195
Make it as powerful as possible because you will be hated out either way.
>>
>>49747165
Use real spiders for your tokens. Opponents will be too spooked to block. Victory is assured.
>>
>>49746973
>Slobad isn't THAT reliant on his graveyard
Mine is. Shit gets weird.

Here is list

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/bad-daddy-slobad/
>>
>>49747202
>>49747195
This, also stuff like paradox haze can help you keep the board locked down .

Make sure you run fellwar stone, exotic orchard, and chromatic lantern. Also you can combo out worry free in that deck if you have sen triplets out.
>>
If you could play one off color card what would it be?
>>
File: Johnny.jpg (31KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Johnny.jpg
31KB, 223x310px
>>49747353
>>
>>49747353

Cyc rift would be nice in nonblue decks
>>
>>49747353
Master Biomancer in grixis marchesa would make me pretty erect.

Honestly with how many +1/+1 counter effects exist I'm surprised there aren't more like that available to the deck.
>>
>>49744072
Mina and Denn landfall and land destruction.
>>
File: 1434848668054.jpg (2MB, 2916x3579px) Image search: [Google]
1434848668054.jpg
2MB, 2916x3579px
>>49745982
I want to see your Kruphix list.
>>
>>49747353
>If you could play one off color card what would it be?

Boundless Realms.

>>49740927
>What is your longest running deck?

Slivers. With the Overlord running things and a good mix of old and new Slivers. A lot of foil because I had the Sliver theme deck.

>>49740927
>How many decks did you make that didn't even last for a month?

Isperia, Supreme Judge. It was boring. I'm working on Brago now.
>>
>>49747353
Gimme that fucking Aura Shards. Every deck, Aura Shards. I need one billion copies of Aura Shards.

>>49747244
Card draw looks a biiiiiit low. Has that ever been a problem? Also, no Chaos Warp or Ugin?
>>
>>49742550
Ban: Derevi
Unban: Biorhythm

Honest to god, I really just want green to have more non-beat face wincons.

Derevi is just an asshole.
>>
>>49747353
scrap mastery in colorless edh. Or honestly any decent spell to get stuff back from the graveyard. Of all the effects that colorless has, they still haven't printed a repeatable graveyard grabber. I don't even give a shit how much mana it costs, I want it bad.
>>
>>49747552
I've never found card draw an issue. Ugin's not a bad idea. I might still have a Karn laying around from my Modern days too but I may have sold it
>>
>>49747513
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/kruphix-eldritch-god/

It's still not perfect, but it's a blast to play and tends to do very well in my metagame.
>>
>>49747035
Xenagod. But WORT, now there is maximum fun.

Gruul spellslinging your way into a bullshit win off of The Great Aurora into an immense, table-killing Fireball is fucking spectacular.
>>
>>49747165
Ishkanah should have been creature type - Skeleton Spider
>>
File: 18g4dkqik7vn7png.png (520KB, 640x742px) Image search: [Google]
18g4dkqik7vn7png.png
520KB, 640x742px
>moved recently
>Current group comprised exclusively of fucking awful players
>don't understand that draw and card advantage is the strongest aspect of a deck
>get mad when I win because I draw into wincons faster than they do

How do people play in topdeck mode all the time?
>>
>>49747703

Once I'm in topdeck mode I scoop unless something weird is going on
>>
File: v9ryip0q.jpg (194KB, 696x326px) Image search: [Google]
v9ryip0q.jpg
194KB, 696x326px
>>49747703
>How do people play in topdeck mode all the time?
I know people like this. It's confounding.
>>
>Player starts giving me shit about how my Darksteel Forge isn't casual in my Artifact deck
>Something about it being zero cost or some shit
>He has a Sensei's Divining Top on the field while he's doing this.
I decided at that point to bring my Krenko to the next pod and ruin that annoying little asshole a couple of times.
>>
>>49747618
I'm feeling Fabricate in that list my man.
>>
>>49745829
Not as fun as Trostani.
>>
How do you wrath dodge?
>>
>>49748178
Cloudshift, regenerate, indestructible
>>
>>49748221

Cloudshift doesn't dodge wraths, ghostway does though
>>
>>49748262

Ah yes, that was the effect I was thinking of. I didn't look at the cloudshift card before I said it.
>>
>>49747165
Play any form of infinite mana engine. Boom, you done. The only Spiders would need is Spider Spawning and Nyx Weaver.
>>
>>49748305
Arachnogenesis
>>
>>49747195
Your landbase should have a lot of gold in it. City of Brass, Reflecting Pool, the Vivids, etcetcetc...
>>
People here seem to favour Trostani over Emmara, but which would be better at the head of a GW Tokens build? Is Trostanis populate on a stick really that good?
>>
>>49748332

Even without the lifegain clause Trostani would be better than emmara tandris

The huge lifegain you get for free just playing your tokens deck is just a bonus, and honestly if you were even considering playing emmara tandris for half a second, then your meta must not be so high level that lifegain is irrelevant
>>
>>49748312
And that.
>>
File: gTQuvQH.jpg (91KB, 620x450px) Image search: [Google]
gTQuvQH.jpg
91KB, 620x450px
so how about Ruhan? Does he make for a fun commander for a chaos/coinflip deck or something?
>>
>>49748423
seems fun to me
>>
File: based siggy.jpg (24KB, 200x285px) Image search: [Google]
based siggy.jpg
24KB, 200x285px
>>49748221
>>49748262
Well, on that note, here's my big stupid dumb NuSigarda deck.
>>
>>49748442
>your deck is one card

Tell me your secrets
>>
>>49748442
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/imperium-of-man-jokes/

Linking to it might help.
>>
Alright /edh/,

I am looking for haste enablers in Mono Green. (That are not the boots)

The two big ones I know of are Concordant Crossroads and Surrak, the Hunt Caller.

Crossroads
Pros:
>1 cmc
>effects all of your creatures
Cons:
>Can't easily tutor for it
>effects all of your opponents creatures

Surrak
Pros:
>Haste enabler on a stick
>Only Targets your creatures
>Can be tutored for
>Above Curve with P/T
Cons:
>Dies to every board wipe
>Only Gives haste to one creature
>Haste is conditional
>Essentially a vanilla creature by itself
>>
>>49748453
Hall of the Bandit Lord and Akroma's Memorial are the only other ones that come to mind, and some other equipment like Sword of Vengeance and Fleetfeather Sandals
>>
>>49748262
And Otherwordly Journey, Long Road Home, Flickerform, Planar Guide....
>>
>>49748449
>>
>>49747703
Speaking of, how do I avoid topdeckin in jund? What's the ratio of draw I need?
>>
>>49748653
Some anon always comes in and says 8-10 draw spells. But as always, dependsonthedeck.wav

You could link your deck and detail what's happening a little more.
>>
>>49748449
>>49748442

Very cool deck
>>
>>49740927
My nekusar deck is about a year old now, I started playing with an oloro esper deck but i took it apart because i lacked blue white and black staples, now that I have them i couldnt give a fuck about them because it turns out drawing cards is great and burning people out of the game is even more fun. The only thing better is playing a blood moon when your deck doesnt care about blood moon
>>
>mfw the convicted rapist at my LGS playing mono blue Control Magic'd my commander

I conceded and left disgusted.
>>
>>49748448
it's really consistent
>>
>>49748158
Jesus, that alter is bad
>>
File: 1295295684749.jpg (97KB, 504x502px) Image search: [Google]
1295295684749.jpg
97KB, 504x502px
>>49750003
>Doesn't even have the tap symbol
>>
>>49750025

Trostani's ability doesn't require a tap
>>
File: youmustberetarded.png (332KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
youmustberetarded.png
332KB, 312x445px
>>49750084
>read the file name
>>
So, what kind of dwarves do we need in Aether revolt to make Depala worth it as a commander?
>>
>>49750132
You won't get enough dwarves in the next set to make her good, even if they made every creature a dwarf in the set. Now that they have unfridged dwarves though she might be good in about 5 years or so.

Patience is a virtue.
>>
New thread

>>49750316
>>49750316
>>
>>49750116
>>49750025

Oh wow
Thread posts: 329
Thread images: 51

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.