[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pathfinder General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 339
Thread images: 70

File: ZweiSent Visits Minkai.webm (2MB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
ZweiSent Visits Minkai.webm
2MB, 720x404px
Pathfinder General /pfg/

>THIS IS IMPORTANT!
If you want build advice make sure to say what 3pp you can use, if any.
>THIS IS IMPORTANT!

Culture clash edition

Unified /pfg/ link repository: http://pastebin.com/iYhDNSTq

Psionics Augmented: Psychic Warriors playtest: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1dX4UYdtwTQKhY71Q45IHLtcu193zq1ZO5jHQ5_PnTl8/edit

Bloodforge: Infusions playtest: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1GvwMclLSw15slYI7D5xLdjMzr-Nau92hNha9Sx0LOk4/edit

Old Thread: >>49729337
>>
Reposting because new thread:

As an update to this >>49739388

Here's the rough draft for the healing ability:

Blood Ministration (Su)
Starting at 1st level, after a Hunter takes damage they have the opportunity to retaliate and recover a small portion of their health. If the Hunter is able to successfully damage a creature with a melee attack they recover an amount of HP equal to their rally modifier. The Hunters rally modifier is equal to 1d6, plus 1d6 for every two levels beyond first (to a maximum of 10d6 at 19th level). HP recovered in this way cannot exceed the total damage the Hunter received during the round that triggered this ability. This window of opportunity only lasts for 1 round after the Hunter has received damage. The Hunter can only benefit from this healing once per round.

Looking for feedback.
>>
File: Vaulter.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
Vaulter.pdf
1B, 486x500px
Reposting for opinions, particularly on Exotic Maneuvers right now and any unforseen conflicts.
>>
>>49740748
So you gain the healing from hurting ANY creature any round you've taken damage? If you're, say, injured by a trap, you can poke a rat with a dagger to recover all damage you've taken, up to 1d6 per two levels?
>>
>>49740748
So if it is on every attack look at from the perspective of iterative attacks. If you class if full BaB the max number of dice per round looks like this:

1d6->2d6->3d6->8d6->10d6->18d6->21d6->24d6->36d6->40d6

These numbers are obviously a big wonky. And also his healing increases if he has haste.

If he is two weapon fighting he heals FAR more.

At full BaB two weapon fighting with haste he can heal a theoretical 80d6.
>>
>>49740843
Up to the damage you took, yes. I didn't want to add in too much extra text disqualifying corner cases.

>>49740850
As per the ability I posted, the PC can only benefit from the healing 1/round. So it'd be max 10d6 at 20th level.
>>
>>49740883
Ah I misread it, yeah thats fine then.
>>
File: Vaulters_banner.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Vaulters_banner.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>49740769
>See vaulter
>Get excited
>It's just a person who jumps
boo, hiss
>>
>Tell players 2 months ago that I would prefer it if they would have a backstory written out and if they would make sure characters have a real motivation that would place them in the starting location of the campaign that isn't just "i was in the area"
>The only player who actually did it is the token girl
>Everyone else just went with "I'm looking for work"
>>
>>49740965
>Not working with your players to make a nice coherent linked backstories in session 0.
You have only yourself to blame.
>>
File: ExactlyWhatTheLabelSays.gif (5MB, 436x240px) Image search: [Google]
ExactlyWhatTheLabelSays.gif
5MB, 436x240px
>>49740938
>>
>>49740995
That was the point of having them come up with backstories in the first place.

We all see each other every day since we share an apartment, I guess I was an idiot for expecting them to talk about it during those 2 months.
>>
>>49740965
This is what I require of players:

>Tell me where your character was born, and to who.
>Tell me, in 1-2 sentences each, defining moments of your character's young life.
>Tell me, in 1-2 sentences, how your character became the class he is, where he received training (if any) or how he learned on his own.
>Tell me two people your character has a connection with, either friends, family, rivals, or enemies. Describe who they are and the relation in 1-2 sentences.
>Tell me how these defining moments/people lead you to [blank]
The blank is filled in by campaign, for my last campaign it was "join the Bloated Toads Mercenary Company".

This normally ends in a coherent 2-3 paragraph back story I can reference.

Formatting isn't always a bad thing. If a player can't produce this information I veto the character until they can or have a compelling reason they can't.
>>
>>49741048
That's a good idea.

All I really asked of them was
>What region of this kingdom are they from / what other country are they from?
>What was their life like prior to the campaign?
>Why would they be in this town when the game starts?

Maybe I'll try your format and see what I get.
>>
>>49741079
Ah, it should be:
>Tell me, in 1-2 sentences each, three defining moments of your character's young life.

And yeah, when you structure it like this I find it gives you several important things:
>Characters to draw from for NPCs
>Events to either reference or draw from
>Families to help the party and murder terribly when the player pisses you off and you want to cause drama to end the campaign
>mentors to help the party later on

It forces players to think about motivation. "I needed work" is a viable option, but making them explain it in 1-2 sentences forces to think WHY they needed work.
>>
>>49741124
Thanks for the input.

Yeah, the girl (who, despite being the token girl, is actually a decent player) gave me quite a few NPCs I can use for her character's personal quests and for any party quests in the area of the world her character came from.
>>
>>49740916
Not him but I'm playing a Umonk with Panther Style, Panther Claw, Snake Style, Snake Sidewind, Snake Fang and that feat that allows you to change from one style to another as free action

In my turn I flying kick with panther active, at the end of my turn I activate snake style

So far it's been a blast
>>
Any advice for making a Holy Vindicator? No 3pp.
>>
Ok. Attempt 2 at Haemonculi

#### Haemonculi Characters
Haemonculi are defined by their class levels - they do not possess racial Hit Dice. All Haemonculi have the following racial traits

- +2 Strength, +2 Intelligence, -2 Charisma: Haemonculi are stronger than average and are incredible fonts of knowledge, but their lack of emotions make it difficult for them to relate to others.
- Size: Haemonculi are Medium creatures, and they have no bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Base Speed: Haemonculi have a base speed of 30 feet.
- Languages: Haemonculi begin play speaking Common. Haemonculi with high Intelligence can choose any languages they want (except secret languages, such as Druidic).
- Emotionless: Haemonculi's lack of emotions makes it difficult for them to read others, and they take a -4 on sense motive checks and they cannot gain Morale Bonuses.
- Artificial: For the purposes of effects targeting creatures by type (such as a ranger's favored enemy and bane weapons), Haemonculi count as both humanoids and constructs. They gain a +2 Racial Bonus on Will saving throws.
- Alchemical Origin: Once per day, a Haemonculi can choose to negate a critical hit or precision damage effect against them.
- Keen Senses: Haemonculi gain a +2 racial bonus to perception checks and have low-light vision
- Ageless: Haemonculi do not have age categories, and will never gain any of the benefits or penalties of aging. They have no maximum age, are created fully grown.

Alternate Racial Traits:

- Abberant: Some Haemonculi have gained the ability to understand emotions, either through an accident in their creation, or living long enough to understand other people. These Haemonculi lose the emotionless trait, but also lose the +2 bonus to will saves gained from Artificial.
>>
File: Shinji doesn't get in the robot.png (93KB, 376x376px) Image search: [Google]
Shinji doesn't get in the robot.png
93KB, 376x376px
>construct crafting and modification has its own page on the SRD
>the modifications all suck dick and the only rules for "custom constructs" are animated objects, which are extremely limited
>not a single rule for personalizing golems, or scaling a certain type of golem down so you can upgrade it as you go
>I will probably look like a massive faggot to the other players if I ask about trying to do anything with it
>let alone trying to make it remotely viable for how much it would likely cost
>I still can't stop wanting to build a golem mecha-suit of some kind, so I can actually make us of this goddamn feat

I wish I could be a normal, boring player and just play stuff like pouncing barbarians or blaster sorcs. Nice and simple stuff, y'know?
>>
>>49741262
>- Ageless: Haemonculi do not have age categories, and will never gain any of the benefits or penalties of aging. They have no maximum age, are created fully grown.
Thank you, this appeases my autism.
>>
>>49741266
Just play an aegis.
>>
DMs should be allowed to invent mechanics for a fight that aren't in the rulebook, yes or no?

I ask because our DM gave a boss a homebrewed feat and one of the players, a guy who pushed for homebrew, complained.
>>
>>49741266
Isn't there a whole class for this?
Plus synthesists can choose mechanical eidolons to ride around in and bump the size categories up. The eidolons are also pretty customizable.
>>
>>49741313
Absolutely.
>>
>>49741313
Yes, though abusing that ability isn't cool. The player is probably just butthurt - it will pass.
>>
>>49741274
np famalam
>>
>>49741313
Sure. Many enemies have abilities that aren't universal monster rules. If he makes abilities then he can essentially do what ever he wants. The only issue is he might be bad at judging CR.
>>
>>49740748
sounds too much like blood menstruation
>>
>>49741372
Take it up with the japs, they named it.
>>
>>49741348
That's possible.

We, as the party, requested harder fights, so we got a giant that gained +1 attack and damage per creature within 10 feet of the target he charged at in exchange for losing all AC bonuses on the next turn.

Given that we had bunched up, the giant smashed into us (and our companions) with a pretty hefty +8.
>>
>>49741392
ahahahahahah

Props to the DM for specifically making a monster to fuck with your party's standard combat

What did you learn?
>>
>>49741407
We learned that spreading out too far will get us killed (RIP to our bard and wizard) a few weeks before that, and then that fight taught us to avoid bunching too close as well.
>>
File: 1458003512026.jpg (141KB, 534x820px) Image search: [Google]
1458003512026.jpg
141KB, 534x820px
>>49741142

>mfw the other players get annoyed because they keep running into NPCs one player sprinkled throughout their backstory

WELL MAYBE IF YOU GUYS ACTUALLY GAVE ME NAMES TO WORK WITH WE MIGHT ACTUALLY HAVE SOMETHING, HUH?

YOU WRITE YOURSELF LIKE A SUPPORTING CHARACTER, YOU GET TREATED LIKE A SUPPORTING CHARACTER.
>>
>>49741439
then it was effective.
>>
>>49741474
>YOU WRITE YOURSELF LIKE A SUPPORTING CHARACTER, YOU GET TREATED LIKE A SUPPORTING CHARACTER.
Fucking this.

So many players I've encountered turn themselves into supporting characters and then complain when the players who put more effort into their backstories and character development get most of the attention.
>>
File: dsp-megabundle[1].jpg (54KB, 728x228px) Image search: [Google]
dsp-megabundle[1].jpg
54KB, 728x228px
If there are any DSP people on what's with this:
>https://www.opengamingstore.com/products/dreamscarred-press-mega-bundle
>Dreamscarred Press's ENTIRE 3.5 library of content

While some of that bundle is updated stuff from 3.5, 90% of it is new pathfinder material. By saying it's 3.5 material people think that it's not fully made for pathfinder. It's a really dumb way of putting things.
>>
Why are Warders so cool? It is difficult to even find the motivation to play anything else.
>>
>>49741555

Because they work with almost every fighter concept imaginable.
>>
>>49741555
Because nothing else does "mundane armored warrior" better than they do.

And the zone of nope
>>
>>49741548
>reading comprehension
>>
>>49741555
High Offense, Decent Defense. Archetypes pretty much let you play any martial guy under the sun.

Sword and Board. Go Vanilla.

2-handed. Zweisent

Dual Wielding/Unarmed Combat? Dervish Defender. Int to AC means you can even go ham with a Str build.

Grappling? Fiendbound's got you covered.

Paladin/Templar flavor. Ordained Defender.

Weeb flavor? Bushi.

The reovary is simple AND useful(PoW:E recovery methods got a bit up there own ass in complexity imo).
>>
>>49741548
What are you even talking about?
>>
>>49741548
The bundle includes the listed PF stuff, as well as DSP's entire library of 3.5 content. Third Dawn, Hyperconscious, various other things that DSP made as 3.5 3pp.

What's the issue?
>>
>>49741620

The recovery can be considered a class feature unto itself, an expanding ring of AoO is incredible for a character that styles themselves a tank.

Combine that with Armiger's Mark and you got a class that would be mighty even without the maneuvers.
>>
And a first draft of the cow people for the western setting

#### Minos Characters
Minos are defined by their class levels - they do not possess racial Hit Dice. All Minos have the following racial traits.

- +2 Strength, +2 Constitution,-2 Intelligence: Minos are incredibly strong and tough, but are a bit slow witted.
- Size: Minos are Medium creatures, and they have no bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Speed: Minos have a base speed of 30 feet.
- Languages: Minos begin play speaking Minos and Common. Minos with high Intelligence can choose any languages they want (except secret languages, such as Druidic).
- Powerful Build: The physical stature of Minos lets them function in many ways as if they were one size category larger. Whenever a Minos is subject to a size modifier or special size modifier for a Combat Maneuver Bonus or Combat Maneuver Defense (such as during grapple checks, bull rush attempts, and trip attempts), the Minos is treated as one size larger if doing so is advantageous to him. A Minos is also considered to be one size larger when determining whether a creature's special attacks based on size (such as grab or swallow whole) can affect him. A Minos can use weapons designed for a creature one size larger without penalty. However, his space and reach remain those of a creature of his actual size. The benefts of this racial trait stack with the effects of powers, abilities, and spells that change the subject's size category.
- Dark Vision 60ft
- Chain Breakers: Minos gain a +2 racial bonus on Strength checks to break objects and a +2 racial bonus on combat maneuver checks to sunder.
- Trampler: Minos gain a +2 bonus on combat maneuver checks made to bull rush or overrun an opponent. This bonus only applies while both the member of this race and its opponent are standing on the ground. When a Minos overruns an opponent they may Trample, as per the universal monster ability, with a slam attack that deals 1d6+1-1/2 their strength

cont.
>>
>>49741769
Alternate Racial Traits:

- Horned: Some Minos have larger and more dangerous horns than others. Minos with the Horned trait gain a pair of horns that they can use as a Primary Gore Natural attack that deals 1d6 damage. In addition, when a Minos charges an enemy, they may deal double damage with their gore attack. This replaces Trampler.
>>
>>49741769
>>49741784

I want to play a moo!
>>
>>49741796
That would be the goal

Hilariously, if my plans work out, Moos will be able to wield Large sized Gatling guns which is... Terrifying and amazing to think about.
>>
>>49741810
I'm reminded that I was gonna work on guns today.

But then Overwatch went and did a halloween event like a jerk.

One more brawl, then guns.
>>
>>49741849
I'm putting off working on guns until I figure out how automatic fire is gonna work.
>>
>>49741854
I'll write up my thoughts on it once I stop procrastinating.
>>
>>49741810
Wielding anything other than a polearm as a moo would be heresy. Also there should be a polearm-based alt trait.
>>
>>49741904
I think you're delusional, anon.

There is no cow level.
>>
>>49741885
i had a brief thought that an auto weapon could fire x shots each attack, but maybe only gets damage from dex on the first shot or something?
>>
>>49741946
I elucidated my thoughts last thread or so, but it boils down to each weapon having an Auto rating. Firing a weapon on Auto increases the weapon's damage dice by either a size category or one step per auto rating it has, not sure which yet.

And then I'm also thinking that if you don't have a str modifier at least equal to the auto rating, you take double the auto rating as a penalty to attack rolls.

I'll write things up more concrete in a bit.
>>
>>49741769
I know the RP system is broken, but so is everything else, and it has some use, so please use it.
>>
>>49741989
Not a terrible suggestion

I don't know

Auto should be a relatively rare property in an old west setting, i really only seeing it being for Gatling Guns and fanning the hammer on revolvers so

>>49742025
The RP system has no values for many of the things i'd like to do. So its irrelevant.
>>
File: image.png (2KB, 320x200px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2KB, 320x200px
Quick I need a list of time related spells, manipulation, damage, stopping, things like that, or at least spells in that ball park, such as haste and slow.

Building an undead time-Mage minion(15th Lvl/HD) and I'm having a hard time sifting through the lists, 3pp is available.
>>
Guys help, I need to work on a character but I don't know what I should make.

The theme is Celtic, we're tribal champions working together to stop the Not!Fir Bolg from wiping us out.

We've already got one player set as a Child Support Oracle and another as a Huntress built around scarification and being a proud independent woman who don't need no man.

Should I go with a Barbarian?
>>
>>49742034
Yes. This is pretty much my thinking on how it would work.

My thinking extends to beyond the wild west though, into the realms of more advanced guns.

Said thoughts also include a reworking of Gunslingers, with them able to get a deed that lets them increase the auto rating on their guns, even if it doesn't have one.
>>
>>49742049
Spheres of Power. Time Sphere.
>>
>traveller's outfit includes woollen skirt or pants and costs 1gp
>a squareyard of wool costs 6gp
I realize that making consistent pricing is beyond paizo, but they could at least pretend to have even a degree of consistency.
>>
>>49742196

Jokes on you! Nobody ever bothers to use trade goods anyway! Haha! Ha!

;_;, I just wanna be a miner...
>>
>>49741934
My PTSD says otherwise. I can still hear them.
>>
So I just realized the Bootleg Alchemist archetype is probably Tier 3 for the following reasons:
>4 level extract casting gives both in and out of combat utility
>all day debuffing deeds gives in combat utility
>higher level contraptions recreate utility spells such as Contact Other Plane and analyze dweomer, giving them a lot of utility
>bootleg mutagen & discoveries give them long lasting utility buffs (like flight/scent/etc.)

I think this is ok though.
>>
>>49741904
I'm open to suggestions
>>
>>49742286
Moo moomoo moo moo!
>>
>>49741904

Moo should also wield hammers or do martial arts.
>>
>>49742351
Moos can do whatever they want it's not like they're being overly tied to a class
>>
>>49742367

We will never see a Cow Wizard.
>>
>>49742392
That's OK they can be sorcerers
>>
>>49742196
It's just a skirt made from 1/6 of a square yard, obviously. All traveller's outfits come with micro-minis or hotpants.
>>
>>49742423
Judging from most PC art yes
>>
>>49742307
So I am converting all of the current deeds over now that I finished the trick shots. Looking at Utility Shot I really can't see a way to make it actually useful as is. Scooting things, breaking locks and cauterizing wounds are pretty fucking useless unless I bump them all up by a large power scale.

What kind of utility shots would you all like to see?
>>
>>49742452
Pistol whip where you attach your pistol to the end of a whip and hit people with it. You can't be victim to a steal action for your gun, and if disarmed, may recover your weapon as a free action in your turn.
>>
Is there a wiki somewhere were players collaborate to create new items, spells, classes and the like with the goal of adding to the game in a balanced way? If so please link me, if not, I volunteer to create one.
>>
>>49742437

Adventurers are not sluts!
>>
>>49742519
Yeah and neither are bardadins

Just kidding they're both sluts
>>
>>49742511
>if not, I volunteer to create one.
If you do please build in a high order organization so content can easily be grouped, sorted, rejected, or accepted based on what a DM may deem appropriate material for a game. Something like how splatbooks are very modular.
>>
File: 1475296596237.jpg (66KB, 540x720px) Image search: [Google]
1475296596237.jpg
66KB, 540x720px
>>49742558
I want some bardadin pictures, gosh darn it!
>>
>>49742586

That is a Bardalier, not a bardadin!
>>
>>49742610
why do you think I want bardadins!
>>
>>49742586
...Does that spike pattern continue all the way down the creature's back?
>>
>>49741784
I think the gore should be bumped up to 1d8, considering it's a minotaur, who are generally large-sized, and a boar's gore is 1d8 medium-sized.
>>
>>49742691
I mean its an average increase of 1 damage
>>
>>49742083
Two-handed fighter/bard with a claymore and bagpipes, duh
>>
>>49741784
>>49741769

Why not give them an alternate described as an extra thick hide, giving them +2 to Natural Armor?
>>
>>49742708
sounds good. I'll add that in

replacing trampler as well?
>>
>>49742705
Which, doubled, is 2d6 - far more attractive than 1d8 on a charge if you ask me
>>
>>49742567
I will do that. I already have a site from a failed attempt to make a pathfinder expansion. Ended up having all my coauthors abandoned the project and could not handle the work load alone. But I have over 300 items made up and would live to make them available to everyone.

I would prefer to team up with someone that knows a bit more about WordPress though. I am but a novice. Any volunteers?

What organization do you think would work best? I am thinking a wiki for everyone to submit ideas and a hard std of approved balanced add ons. Do you think that would work?
>>
>>49742719
it would be 2d8 on the charge if the horns were 2d8
>>
>>49741620
Mounted combat? Hussar.

Thrower or Archer? Hawkguard.

There really is nothing that this class can't do. None of the alternative features or archetypes are wasted space. 10/10 design.
>>
>>49742729
I love cell phones auto correct is a bitch.
>>
>>49742706

With an armored kilt while wearing nothing underneath?
>>
>>49742757
What? Are you saying that the horns each deal 1d6? I don't understand your post
>>
>>49742817
Horns deal 1d6 as a gore attack

On the charge the ability says their damage is doubled, so they would deal 2d6 on the charge

If horn damage was increased to 1d8 as a gore attack, they would thus deal 2d8 on the charge.
>>
>>49742351
Stream that movie, if you're so good!
>>
>>49742816
Sure, maybe talk to your DM and have him/her flavor some kind of armor as your kilt. You just wouldn't be able to wear another suit over it because it functions as your existent armor
>>
>>49742834
OH

ok, I interpreted that as increasing the damage dice by 1 step. I see now. Makes sense
>>
>>49742803
>>49741620

Don't forget you can become even more concepts through Unorthodox Technique.

Want to play a swordsman whose soul is partially untethered from their body? Scarlet Throne Style and Veiled Moon. Want to play Ornstein? Piercing Thunder and Elemental Flux. Want to play Iudex Gundyr? Primal Fury and Fool's Errand!
>>
>>49740720
Playing the Card homebrew from 3.5 in a Pathfinder game pretty soon. Anybody know what stats would fit a revolver in PF? A link to the class, btw.

http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Card_(3.5e_Class)
>>
>>49742861
if it increased damage dice by one step i'd say it increases damage dice by one step
>>
>>49742729
For organization, I suggest any collaborative work out series to require a volunteer leader to regulate and approve submissions. The site runner need not be involved in that aspect, rather he should focus on corraling similar content producers into groups, encouraging collaboration that follows the standards, and making clear distinctions between individual groupings of content.
You will never get a full consensus on what qualifies as balanced content, not even the game can agree with itself on that. Rather allow like minded individuals to appeal to those with similar tastes without involving your own judgement too much.
>>
>>49742905
honestly just use github
>>
>>49742842

I want to be like Fabio on the cover of a romance novel!

Anyone got suggestions for trashy romance novels to read for material?
>>
>>49741555
>tfw Warder is the only full initiator I have had zero motivation to play
>I've enjoyed warlord, zealot, mystic, harbinger, even a stalker for a oneshot, and a few half-initiators, but warder is just 'eh'.
>>
>>49742893
yeah i got that, no need to reiterate

cunt
>>
>>49742905
>>49742911
Well that sounds like a fantastic idea. Anyone interested is participating email me at [email protected]. I will try to get things going from there.
>>
>>49742926
One for the money. Stephine Plum series by Janet Evonovich
>>
File: 1472598407612.jpg (160KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1472598407612.jpg
160KB, 1024x576px
>>49742664
Makes sense that she doesn't wear pants, now, doesn't it?
>>
>>49743177

Oh gosh, I love Janet Evonovich! I'm partial to Julia Quinn and Linda Howard myself.
>>
File: 1433115446792.png (2MB, 1279x780px) Image search: [Google]
1433115446792.png
2MB, 1279x780px
I'm going to be running a chopped and changed campaign for a couple of pals, any APs or scenarios you guys would recommend for a first-time DM and inexperienced players? Going to try out the beginner box quest for the first major quest but I'm unsure after that.
>>
Any advice for getting the most out of a steamwright from the thunderscape setting? It's basically a gunslinger with the ability to invent things and craft although it has no casting (it can also masterwork existing items). Thus far I have point blank shot and precise shot, I'm thinking my other feats should be things like steamwright feats and mobile sniper (move on move or standard action reload and 5 foot step on swift or free, I have free action on my gun). I'm also not sure if I should bump my dex to 16 at 4 or focus on my int and use items for dex.
>>
>finished all the deeds for UC gunslinger
>making contraptions
>a bunch recreate spells
>recreated spells are:
>detect magic, arcane sight, analyze dweomor, contact other plane, teleport (limited), dispel magic, knock, true seeing, fly, dark vision, echolocation, energy resistance, secure shelter, arcane eye, create food & water, alarm

Any spells you all think I should take off this list? Any you think I should add?

This are for ones that recreate spells, there are others that don't.
>>
>>49743367
>>49743177
>>49742926

You guys are WEIRDOS.
>>
>>49742926
Fantasy Lover is pretty trash, has a /really/ good concept, and does a decent job of not being actually awful.
>>
>>49743660
what's wrong with romance novels, anon?
>>
File: bloody-cross.jpg (69KB, 363x469px) Image search: [Google]
bloody-cross.jpg
69KB, 363x469px
What's the best way to go for Holy Vindicator? Cleric? Paladin? Life Oracle? Maybe a dip in Order of the Star Cavalier for [reasons]?
>>
>>49743846
Oradin.
2 levels in Paladin, rest in Life Oracle until you get prereqs for Vindicator. Then go Vindicator for 8 (or 10 if you really want to) levels, then back to Oracle for the rest.
>>
>>49743846
Oradin
>>
File: Magical Realm Classes.jpg (114KB, 807x450px) Image search: [Google]
Magical Realm Classes.jpg
114KB, 807x450px
>>49743660
Fabio is /tg/ related.
>>
>>49743947
>/tg/ - Totally Gay
>>
>>49743919
>>49743920
Any specific reasons why Oradin?
>>
>>49743992
There's a whole guide out there about why, give it a google
>>
>>49743962
There's nothing gay about admitting that Favio had a great body and many women found him extremely attractive.
>>
>>49744023
>>49743947

What class best represents Fabio? Is there a class skill for bodice ripping?
>>
>>49742886
>http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Card_(3.5e_Class)

Holy shit I've actually used this class before. As for revolvers, there is one in the Paizo rules, ask your GM about how common guns will be in their setting.
>>
>>49743992
Face beating power from Smite, good profs, Cha SAD thanks to Divine Grace, great sustain with both channel and LoH, some good archetypes available.
What's not to love?

>>49744049
>What class best represents Fabio?
That would be a Mythic Bard with levels in Enchanting Courtesan
>>
>>49743789

Romance novels are literary smut for women based around formulaic plots featuring brooding hunks with good hair lusting after Ms. Protagonist!

They're 90% of the reason you find the majority of filthy ERPers on forum sites as women, though. Mr. Darcy set a trend that continues to this day.
>>
File: agpja.jpg (56KB, 474x488px) Image search: [Google]
agpja.jpg
56KB, 474x488px
>>49744099
He's such a hunk though!
>>
Are Bloodragers any good?
>>
>>49744191
Yes
>>
File: Silk in the Glen.jpg (763KB, 1349x1797px) Image search: [Google]
Silk in the Glen.jpg
763KB, 1349x1797px
>>49744049
You have to use a different system.
>>
>>49744168

They're still writing fan fiction for that book, you know that?

They had fan fiction for that when it was written in the 19th century.

God dammit Mr. Darcy why are you so dashing.
>>
File: CuB2OPXUIAA0z3B.jpg (94KB, 700x1330px) Image search: [Google]
CuB2OPXUIAA0z3B.jpg
94KB, 700x1330px
>>49744271
Boy, I need more pictures for my beefcake folder...
>>
>>49744191
Yes
>>
>>49741620
You forgot Hawkguard for ranged; one of the earliest "you can shoot without provoking" sources at that too.
>>
Do people still play Pathfinder a lot or is it dying? Haven't played in over a year since I took a break from rpgs but I want to dive back in.
>>
>>49744419
It's healthy enough
>>
File: The Sundering Series.jpg (120KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
The Sundering Series.jpg
120KB, 1024x576px
>>49744419
That depends on where you live.

But, I think some people might have moved to 5E.

Pic related.
>>
>>49744445
Yea it's pretty dead at my LGS is why I'm asking since I can easily enough hop in on roll20 but never done something like that before.
>>
>>49744419
It's the go-to behind 5e.
>>
>>49744062
Thanks, m8. I saw that revolvers were all homebrew stuff in 3.5, so I just assumed it would be the same for pathfinder. Any advice for playing it? I just really wanted something new and exciting since the last couple of campaigns I've been a big beaty melee character.
>>
File: DEUS VULT.jpg (216KB, 968x649px) Image search: [Google]
DEUS VULT.jpg
216KB, 968x649px
Tell me /pfg/
How viable is it to run through Wrath of the Righteous with a full Paladin party?
>inb4 trumpets
Assume DM is competent enough to fix trumpetgate problem
>>
I think I've just stumbled upon something evil.

So, the traits Wayang Spellhunter and Magical Lineage. So far as I can tell looking them up, they stack. Can't reduce a spell below it's normal spell slot, but they stack.

The most common use of this combo would be to get something like an empowered fireball in a 3rd-level spell slot. But.

Let's say you take both traits and put them on Message. Then, you use two feats to get Umbral Spell. Now, you have 10-foot darkness on any creature as a cantrip, with no save, as you whisper eldritch scratchings into their ears.

Or you could take it on arcane mark, and make any number of indefinite zones of darkness, as well as darkness on any creature you touch lasting one month.
>>
>>49744419

Pathfinder is dying the death it deserves, we are simply the Lords of Cinder around here.
>>
>>49744483
Adventure Paths are just puzzles waiting to be solved. Play to your strengths, break the campaign a little if you have to, and remember that money can buy power. You should be fine.
>>
>>49744483

Exceptionally powerful, there isn't anything you can't stop with overwhelming swordpower.
>>
File: 1472010332706.png (139KB, 251x220px) Image search: [Google]
1472010332706.png
139KB, 251x220px
>>49744509
Lords? More like lards.
>>
>>49744490
Don't see how this is particularly evil. Either way its negated by a 1st level light spell. Seems like a waste of two traits.
>>
>>49744509
So, which type of usual /pfg/ fag is which Lord?
I'm guessing the waifufags are probably Aldrich?
If we can choose, then I'll pick Ludleth
>>
>>49744527

Shut the fuck up, NepNep
>>
>>49744546
If you use it on other PCs maybe. Most creatures you come across aren't going to have a light spell.
>>
A couple weeks ago someone said that there was either a good archetype for barbarian or gunslinger that was fun for emulating the DOOM guy.

anyone have the name?
>>
>>49740720
3.5e question, but I'm asking here anyway: is a Muscle Wizard a viable character?

Spiked gauntlets (for enchanted punching), Illumian with Aeshkrau, maybe a 2 level dip in Fighter for HP purposes because 1d4 is not ideal for close quarters punching.

It know its a joke build, but has anyone tried it? Is it somewhat viable? Is it fun?
>>
>>49744567
They'll probably have Darkvision though.

It's a cool gimmick but just a gimmick really.
>>
>>49744589
Savage Technologist
Rip and Tear, friend.
>>
>>49744621
Awesome, thanks friend. You think RIP AND TEAR would work well for Carrion Crown? I want to see if vampires have BIG GUTS.
>>
>>49744621
Welp

I know what I'm playing next campaign.
>>
>>49744621
>class focused on using a one-handed weapon and a gun simultaneously

Gotta name my sword Rip and my gun Tear
>>
>>49742083
>Child Support Oracle
>On the hook for his religion even though they're not his kids
>Inquisitors break his legs if a payment is missed
>Payments are always missed because they tithe part of it to the church (and keep any extra he tried to give to avoid this) and then the remaining payment isn't enough
>His god smites his allies randomly because successfully supporting your children is something only a Chaotic Evil Antipaladin would do
>Life MUST be suffering and misery

FUCK YOU. FUCK ALL OF YOU FUCKERS AND YOUR FUCKING PATERNITY SUITS.
>>
>>49744643
I don't see why not. Your choice of gun and mainhand weapon will help overcome lots of undead DR, raw Barbarian damage will tear through zombies and things, plus Cthulhu monsters and Werewolves are well known to have HUGE GUTS!
Just be careful anon, lest YOU become the Undead. Then all you'll bring is DOOT
https://youtu.be/hzPpWInAiOg
>>
>>49744215
Cool. Steelblood archetype any good?
>>
>>49744527
Fat's the first thing to burn away, you silly slut.

We spend too much time bitching to do things like eat.
>>
>>49744602
If you wanna muscle wizard, either go with a class designed for it (Magus, for example), or play 5e.
>>
File: 1452538446057.jpg (1MB, 1881x2665px) Image search: [Google]
1452538446057.jpg
1MB, 1881x2665px
Guy working on a Bloodborne Homebrew:

I'm looking at incorporating Visceral Attacks. I don't want to do a sneak attack analogue unless I have to.

Right now I have it as an ability that comes online at 3rd level that allows one to automatically threaten a critical hit against a target that is staggered/stunned/etc. Additional levels allow this ability to be used additional times per day.

Any input?
>>
>>49744815
What, you can't type and eat at the same time? Besides, if fat is the first thing that burns is it any wonder why we're always flaming?
>>
>>49744854
The food's in my kitchen you dumbass, I'm not gonna fucking stand up.
>>
>>49744820
>I'm looking at incorporating Visceral Attacks. I don't want to do a sneak attack analogue unless I have to.
Sadly, Sneak Attacks, and the rogue talents that enhance them, are basically the best analogue for Visceral Attacks.
That or that NotSneakAttack that Stalkers from PoW use
>>
File: Muscle Wizard.png (2MB, 933x1352px) Image search: [Google]
Muscle Wizard.png
2MB, 933x1352px
>>49744602
Vigilante (Stalker) / Wizard / Bladecaster
Steelfist Commando (Warlord) / Sorcerer / Bladecaster
Initiating Class / Mage Hunter

The Steelfist Commando gets Greater Unarmed Strike as a bonus feat.

The Vigilante can select Monastic Weapon Training as a Stalker Art, then take the feat later.
>>
>>49744881
Look at this scrub, not having a fridge next to the pc.
>>
>>49744820
>>49744885
Yeah Visceral Attacks are basically Sneak. That's what souls game crits are.

Deadly Stroke is pretty nice though.
>>
>>49744553
Productive homebrewers are ashen ones.
>>
>>49744911
You mean they weren't worthy enough, and thus were burnt out to ash for being not powerful enough?
>>
>>49744930

Yes, and they journey through the General absorbing our cumulative power for a shot at reigniting the flame.

In this respect, people who recruit from /pfg/ are Aldrich as they seek to consume hapless anons into their private campaigns so the fading of the system troubles them not.

Waifufags, dick posters and all the other "barely-relevant" anons are Lothric; they're rejected the system entirely and simply make a mockery of the fading as they watch it from a distance also intense homo-lust for each other.

2hu is Yhorm the Giant; his posts are big, detailed and utterly autistic, and although he's always on-topic we utterly despise him for it.

No idea who the Abyss Watchers are.
>>
File: 1454444687631.jpg (87KB, 580x870px) Image search: [Google]
1454444687631.jpg
87KB, 580x870px
>>49744885
>>49744902
Well, it's a Full BAB class and I'm worried I'll get too much pushback if they have full-on SA. I'd like to play this with others without getting into a huge argument about why situational damage isn't horrendously OP.
>>
>>49745030
Wouldn't the various DSP guys goers be the Abyss Watchers?
>>
>>49745033
>Well, it's a Full BAB class and I'm worried I'll get too much pushback if they have full-on SA. I'd like to play this with others without getting into a huge argument about why situational damage isn't horrendously OP.
Have you considered Slayer, or at least a Slayer Archetype?
>>
>>49745030
So who's Ludleth, and who would be the Fire Keeper?
Also, I'm guessing Paizo is the Soul of Cinder?
>>
>>49744490
This is hilarious.
I wonder when I could get the chance to use it, and what GM would let me get away with it.
>>
File: bloodborne_by_du1l-d9c9cbn.jpg (971KB, 867x1270px) Image search: [Google]
bloodborne_by_du1l-d9c9cbn.jpg
971KB, 867x1270px
>>49745061
Somewhat, but there are too many class features that I plan on changing/adding in so I'm doing a full class. If it turns out I don't have that much content then I'll try and narrow it and put it into an archetype.
>>
>>49744820
Have you considered poaching studied strike off of the Investigator?
>>
>>49745091
I mean, if you do it as a human, you're using all your traits and all your feats on it. I'd certainly hope so.

That said, I'd probably only try to use it in an adventure path, just to avoid the DM deciding that all creatures going forward happen to be able to see in magical darkness.
>>
File: 1382545653231.png (353KB, 853x470px) Image search: [Google]
1382545653231.png
353KB, 853x470px
>>49745079

The Fire Keeper is the OP, yet at the same time the OP is Ludleth. Both are the ones who give the threads life, and they are both the ones who shape the OP into their vision to perpetuate the system.

The Soul of Cinder is every person who has ever played Pathfinder, his second phase is Gary Gygax.
>>
>>49745102
Actually, considering that Hunters quaff and inject vials of blood, sedatives, and other elixers like heroin addicts, Investigator actually seems like a good choice. Polymath would actually fit really well for a Hoonter
>>
>>49745130

>That spoiler

Anon, you and I both know it's Bulhman.
>>
>>49745130
By that logic, Paizo is either Kaathe or Sulyvhan then
>>
>>49745102
That is basically just sneak attack, right?

Ideally, I'd like a mechanic that didn't pile on a bunch of bonus dice onto a full-attack because there are so many out there that do that already. I'd also like Visceral Attack to be only situationally useful, rather than triggered by flanking or flat-footed.

>>49745147
If we're not talking about homebrew, I actually like a Sanctified Slayer/Reaper of Secrets for a Hunter. The Black Powder Inquisition gives easy access to firearms.
>>
>>49745194
Studied Combat is a flat bonus, similar to a Slayer's Studied combat, but for only [Int Modifier] rounds. While Studied Combat is active, you can use a free action on a successful hit to apply Studied Strike to end your Studied Combat.
>>
>>49745259
I think you mean the Slayer's Studied Target. Studied Combat is also quite a bit stronger but melee only (1/2 level to melee attack and damage vs 1 plus 1/5 level to attack and damage).
>>
>>49745328
Yea, that's what I meant, couldn't remember the exact name, they're both "Studied [thing]" and I tripped on the wording.
>>
Hey, is there where I could go if I want to find a quality Pathfinder campaign with enthusiastic, like-minded people?
>>
>>49745371
No. Engage in the crapshoot forever.
>>
>>49745371
No. The hobby is dying and you are witnessing the last gasp of nastalga and optimism.
>>
>>49745371
there is no magic bullet to somehow find a group of people that you will immediately love.
>>
File: Badguys wandering.png (210KB, 1200x619px) Image search: [Google]
Badguys wandering.png
210KB, 1200x619px
>>49745371
Go to PFS, and steal the competent players for your own game.
>>
>>49745449
There won't BE any, it's fucking PFS.
>>
>>49745458
Friend, there any many lost souls in PFS, those that cannot remember the 'no game is better than a bad game'...

They can still be saved though

THEY CAN STILL BE SAVED
>>
>>49745398
I disagree it is dying. There are over 50 people that RP at my LGS every Saturday. And dozens more that participate on the other days. All 5 of my local libraries also have 1-2 thriving groups. And there are hundreds of games every hour online. If you are hurting to play join my game. We are happy to have more players, but as a whole I feel the hobby is more or less staying right where it is. It will probably remain there intil computers get advanced enough.
>>
>>49745259
>>49745328
>>49745339
Hmmm, ok. Thanks for the tip. I still want to take a shot at something a little different. Right now, this is my working idea:

As a standard action the hunter can make an especially gruesome and bloody attack against a vulnerable opponent. When she does this she makes a single melee attack against a target, but makes as many attack rolls as she can, based on her base attack bonus. She makes the attack rolls in order from highest bonus to lowes, as if she were making a full-attack. If any of the attack rolls hit the target, the hunters single attack is considered to have hit. For each additional successful attack roll beyond the first, the hunter increased the damage of the attack by the base damage dice of her weapon, plus an additional 1d6 fpr every four hunter levels she possesses. Precision damage and extra damage from weapon special abilities (such as flaming) are added with damage modifiers and are not increased by this attack. If one or more rolls are critical threats, she confirms the critical once using her highest base attack bonus -5. If she successfully confirms the critical then the entire attack is considered to have been a critical hit and the damage for the attack is multiplied as normal. In order to use this ability, the hunters target must be dazed, flat-footed, paralyzed, staggered, or stunned.

I don't know if the bonus 1d6's should be changed, or if anyone would even try to pull off a visceral attack in the first place. I'm not trying to make it so good that the character should be trying to pull it off every round, but I also want it to be situationally useful.

Thoughts?
>>
Bleh.. I'm burned out on writing a bit

But I think I have an idea for an auto mechanic thats fun, even if its not great.
>>
>>49745637
There is a paizo-written automatic weapon quality if you hadn't seen it already.
>>
>>49745650
Yes but it is garbage and stupid.

Like everything else paizo firearm related
>>
>>49745657
You didn't have to add "firearm related" to that sentence.
>>
>>49745499
He's just salty Pathfinder's falling from the top spot.
>>
Tell me a concept you would totally want to play if your current character dies!
>>
>>49745677
Sorcadin with 3.5 prestige classes and materials!
>>
>>49745670
true but the point stands
>>
>>49745677
A warlock who gains their power from their sheer chuunibyou-ness
>>
>>49745677
i would play a moo!
>>
>>49745712
Sounds like a sorcerer with the bloodline fluffed away.
>>
>>49745677
Some kind of monster hunter Inquisitor
>>
>>49745688
Like Abjurant Champion? That's my jam.
>>
Ok so the fun of a big automatic gun to me is that you're shooting a lot of bullets, and it should feel like you're doing that.

So Lets say we have a gattling gun. A gattling gun has auto.. 5? I don't know Its not really relevant.

So when you attack with a Gatling gun, you roll 5 attacks at your highest BAB attack, and each one that hits deals 1d6 damage, only the first one to hit out of those 5 deals Dex+other kinds of damage.

And then you roll 5 dice for your next highest BAB, and the next.

I think it makes a nice mechanical combination between a hail of bullets being more likely to hit, and a nice visceral simulation bit of getting to roll lots of dice.
>>
>>49745789
Yes! I'd rather have actual armor on, but the exalted armor spell works fine too!
>>
>>49745481
>[SAVE PLAYER]
>>
>>49745813
Rolling like 20 attacks a round may be too much and slow down combat,
>>
File: 1455863124684.png (241KB, 359x555px) Image search: [Google]
1455863124684.png
241KB, 359x555px
>>49745677
Core wizard.
I don't want to play a psion, a sorcerer, an initiator, a spheres caster, whatever.
I just want to play a core wizard. With a big hat and a cane and robes and a raven familiar.
>>
>>49745848
True but weapons with the 'auto' ability would basically be limited to gatling guns and revolvers under special conditions
>>
>>49745863
Eww prepared vancian casting.
>>
>>49745848
This is the reason that in mind I'm rolling it into a single attack via improved damage steps.
>>
>>49745818
I did an abjurant champion sorcadin with a one level Spellsword dip and the old Twilight enchantment on Mithral armor, a greatsword, and Shield for a shield, plus gobs of utility from the transposition spells from 3.5. It was a super fun build, with decent to great everything without being overwhelmingly encounter-busting. Loved doing a benign swap to save a pal and present an ambushing for with a big blade for their trouble.
>>
>>49745865
Ok, but they'd still slow down things whenever they were brought out if they had an auto rating above, like, 3. It's kind of the same reason why people don't like minion master characters
>>
File: 1474610640135.png (1MB, 1219x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1474610640135.png
1MB, 1219x1500px
Don't hide it from me, /pfg/
Tell me about your homebrew!
>>
>>49745914
Ooh, transposition? What book is that one in? I'll probably stick with a two handed weapon, just because of the +9 shield spell, but I wish I could get away with a sword and board, especially with dsp material open.
>>
>>49745928
true, but i'm not sure how else to get the feeling of a 'hail of bullets'
>>
File: local wolfgirl demands headpats.png (687KB, 1000x1050px) Image search: [Google]
local wolfgirl demands headpats.png
687KB, 1000x1050px
Lets talk builds, /pfg/

Whats the biggest damage you can pull off with a single attack?
>>
>>49745987
A paladin with Sonic Thrust using it on a smited enemy in combination with Litany of Righteousness, with improved critical on the weapon type being thrown by sonic thrust

can easily reach 700+ damage with a few damage buffs like Inspire Courage and something like Discordant voice from a nearby bard.

For comparison, the Tarraque has 525 health.
>>
>>49745941
Miniatures Handbook and the Spell Compendium. There was a higher level version for swapping places with enemies, but the ally version was first level, so you can use it every fight if you need to. Another neat trick was swapping with a summoned monster to escape a dangerous situation for either you.

Basically my Champion ran on transposing herself, Arcane striking fools, having disgusting saves via divine grace, and turning into a Sun Giantess once Polymorph came around.
>>
File: 617med.jpg (57KB, 250x269px) Image search: [Google]
617med.jpg
57KB, 250x269px
>>49745929
I've hit a roadblock. Tried to make a new archetype for Gunslinger, but it was shot, and luckily anons helped me realize it was shit.
But Uni has kept men preoccupied, and my own self loathing has kept me from fixing it, because I'm worried I won't be able to get back in the ball.

Thanks for asking though. Here, have a small primate.
>>
>>49745948
Why not have one roll for each set?
>>
>>49746070
i think maybe the key is making sure that you're rolling a shit ton of damage dice i guess.

I don't know.
>>
File: 1462557745191.jpg (302KB, 744x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1462557745191.jpg
302KB, 744x1000px
>>49745929
Wanted to do a 5e Bloodborne homebrew but everyone I know only ever wants to play Pathfinder, so I'm doing that now.
>>
>>49746098
That has to be uncomfortable.
>>
>>49745876
Some people actually claim (paizo forums) that prepared vancian casting is less bookeeping than powerpoints.
>>
>>49746110
Well those people are objectively wrong.
>>
>>49745774
Nah, I want a warlock. Fuck vancian.
>>
>>49746154
3.5 warlock, avowed or another class in mind?
>>
File: 1431911115329.png (87KB, 333x282px) Image search: [Google]
1431911115329.png
87KB, 333x282px
>>49746104

That's the point, anon! It's meant to get her bothered, twitchy and *very* eager to take it off!
>>
File: 1383863490241.jpg (339KB, 710x508px) Image search: [Google]
1383863490241.jpg
339KB, 710x508px
>>49745719

What kinda moo we talking here.
>>
>>49746177
That doesn't sound very fun...
>>
>>49746191
dis one
>>49741769
>>
>>49746191
Master of Orion, of course
>>
File: oh-yeah1.jpg (96KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
oh-yeah1.jpg
96KB, 1280x720px
>>49745987
My Aegis/Soulknife's finisher. I gave it an attack name [Heaven Splitter]

>move action blade skill teleport 200ft in the air
>free action distill panoply large greatsword mindblade (using lightning swap feat)
>swift action sleeping goddess boost (keen, impact, growing enchantments)
>standard action, ride the sword like a surfboard and crash it on a poor shmuck below

Math: Rule: Creatures that fall take 1d6 points of damage per 10 feet fallen, to a maximum of 20d6. Just as characters take damage when they fall more than 10 feet, so too do they take damage when they are hit by falling objects. If an object falls more than 150 feet, it deals double the listed damage. Note that a falling object takes the same amount of damage as it deals.

Theory: If a medium sized creature charges at an enemy while 150ft up in the air, he deals:
1d8[x2] (weapon damage) + 20d6[x2] (falling damage momentum) + 3d6[x2] (falling medium sized object) + Other Modifiers such as STR

Application: Collosal Mindblade (6d10 x 2) + Fall Damage (20d6 x 2) + Falling Collosal Object (6d6 x 2) + Rhino Hide Armor (2d6) + other modifiers

My soulknife takes only 46 points of fall damage thanks to Boots of the Cat. The enemy takes an average 500-550 damage.

pic very related
>>
>>49745929
Writing Initiating NPCs for the game I intend to run someday.

I had a few Sahaugin made, and I wrote a Black Seraph Owlbear.

I tried asking about the anon who made a sniper, but he never replied.

This is the latest one I rewrote with PoW:E. The PCs would need her help to fight during the "Threat from the Sea" event.

I gave up trying to stat an ancient Greek Trireme.
>>
File: 1472146088834.jpg (716KB, 1500x1789px) Image search: [Google]
1472146088834.jpg
716KB, 1500x1789px
>>49745929
Empyrius Class
Its like a Warlock and Vitalist hybrid
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1xQMlB45-UFEWCB2ffqoBUMhR-t4afSXLk29fgTJNVyw/edit
>>
>>49746446

Is there anything more pitiful than the Whore of Babylon begging for attention?
>>
>>49746456
Yeah, your social life
>>
>>49746456
Go to fucking bed Gawain
>>
File: 1446834094710.gif (479KB, 434x444px) Image search: [Google]
1446834094710.gif
479KB, 434x444px
>>49746463
>>
>>49746270
>using PoW against PCs
Initiating is specifically a PC-only mechanic and if you use it against the PCs, you can only expect their crying about their characters being one-shotted.
>>
>>49746475
actually Gareth made an initiator template for bestiary entries, granting them a few counters and boosts and low level strikes but no stances.
>>
>>49746475
But black seraph owlbears...
>>
I can't find how many spells a spellburst savant knows

can someone tell me?
>>
>>49746531
https://i.gyazo.com/9a49f332578db1341db778ccc90c8750.png

https://i.gyazo.com/6daa9664a64430ec720457cce134e372.png
>>
File: 1439423736266.jpg (310KB, 991x702px) Image search: [Google]
1439423736266.jpg
310KB, 991x702px
>>49746475
The initiating NPCs wouldn't be introduced until after they hit level 4.

My players didn't mind when I gave NPC monsters class levels, or make them fight enemy mages.

I also make it easy to find Clerics willing to resurrect them for money or services rendered.
>>
>>49746583

>tfw no Dullahan battle-buddy
>>
Has anyone leaked any early pics from the Crimson Throne anniversary edition yet?
>>
File: 490268.jpg (139KB, 1354x586px) Image search: [Google]
490268.jpg
139KB, 1354x586px
>>49746519

>tfw preferring owlcats to owlbears
>>
>>49746730
>>
File: 1406932675613.jpg (5MB, 3261x2161px) Image search: [Google]
1406932675613.jpg
5MB, 3261x2161px
>>49746781
>>
File: Baby Owlgryph.jpg (117KB, 787x1014px) Image search: [Google]
Baby Owlgryph.jpg
117KB, 787x1014px
>>49746802
>>
>>49745929
I'm trying to find a way to remove WBL entirely. basically= gold buys you a fortress and soldiers, but not a flaming sword or a magic staff. Not sure if I can make it work.

Idea: every "magic item" is basically unique/artifact. wizards take negative levels and months to make them, and they are actually worth going into a dungeon to get.

Problem: The game assumes +whatever for things like attack bonuses, AC, etc. for the math to work and I don't want to write a whole bunch of magic items.
>>
File: mothling_by_vesner-d6vr0vn.jpg (410KB, 1000x707px) Image search: [Google]
mothling_by_vesner-d6vr0vn.jpg
410KB, 1000x707px
>>49746811
This is just an owl(anything) thread now.
>>
File: War with the Rhoynar.jpg (893KB, 1240x540px) Image search: [Google]
War with the Rhoynar.jpg
893KB, 1240x540px
>tfw no campaign focusing on knightly conquests, clashing blades or vicious dragons

You know, for a setting that obsesses over medieval fantasy you hardly ever get a lot of stuff that was around in the middle ages.
>>
>>49746813
Automatic Bonus Progression
>>
File: Gentowlman Adventurer.jpg (118KB, 541x700px) Image search: [Google]
Gentowlman Adventurer.jpg
118KB, 541x700px
>>49746828
Yes
>>
File: Owlbears.jpg (3MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Owlbears.jpg
3MB, 2560x1440px
>>49746842
>>
>>49746475
Yeah, no, that's fucking stupid. If only the PCs have initiating, then every enemy in the game dies to any random initiatior. In fact, DSP has been very clear about the OPPOSITE; that you can't just drop initiating into your players' hands and expect balance, rather, you have to add at least some counters to even dream about making combat anything but a cakewalk.
>>
File: Owlbear doll (Nikolai Ostertag).jpg (82KB, 500x701px) Image search: [Google]
Owlbear doll (Nikolai Ostertag).jpg
82KB, 500x701px
>>49746858
>>
File: dervish.jpg (32KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
dervish.jpg
32KB, 500x500px
>>49745929
I'm working on a conversion of the Dervish from Guild Wars. It's main thing is to end it's self buffs early for big nova damage. And take on the form of dieties.

It'd be coming along faster if I wasn't so new at all of this, but I'm tryin' to stay on top of it all.
>>
File: Witch Doctowl.jpg (149KB, 541x700px) Image search: [Google]
Witch Doctowl.jpg
149KB, 541x700px
>>49746831
Magic throws a bit of a monkey wrench into the idea of a good medieval conquest game, unfortunately
>>
>>49746831
Paizo's white guilt gets in the way.
>>
File: Owl cat.jpg (139KB, 1000x1180px) Image search: [Google]
Owl cat.jpg
139KB, 1000x1180px
>>49746874
>>
>>49746842

>>49746889
Oh shush.
>>
>>49746832
yea but is that actually balanced? Pazio has a history....

I was thinking of magic items being "you can only be attuned to one, plus 1 extra at level 6, 11, etc.

Boots of flying would be: you can fly. No duration or other bullshit.

vorpal sword would be: your crit multiplyer is now x10.
>>
File: 1462116662563.jpg (32KB, 520x361px) Image search: [Google]
1462116662563.jpg
32KB, 520x361px
>>49746899
>>
>>49746889
You really aren't that clever.
>>
File: Came to the wrong neighborhoot.gif (498KB, 270x169px) Image search: [Google]
Came to the wrong neighborhoot.gif
498KB, 270x169px
>>49746910
>Asks about balance
>your crit multiplier is now x10
>>
>>49746910
>yea but is that actually balanced?
Of course not, it replaces the big six poorly. If you don't want to redo math to adjust for a loss of those items, though, it works
>>
>>49745987
armory of the conqueror + gun training + deadly aim + forgelord 5's greater attunement, Phantom Sunstorm into Hunting Zephyr

Use some aegis to start with powerful build:

>Large +3 Fiery-Explosion Collision Linked-Striking pyschokinetic double-hackbut
Armory lets you get the hackbut (2d12 = 4d6 for growth base) to Colossal II: 24d6 base, x5 critical and effective +7 weapon thanks to the forgelord allowing +2 over the +5 limit.

Static bonus with 24 dex is +7, +7 enhancement, +12 deadly aim maxed, +5 collision. Weapon damage is 24d6+31+1d6+1d4

Phantom Sunstorm maxes weapon damage but I'm pretty sure extra dice don't get maxed despite the wording. Hunting Zephyr ensures your little hit won't be hindered by shit like smash from the air... 120d6=720+155+1d6+1d4+7splash = 888 on a standard, potentially more from stance, but I'd suggest using God of the Hourglass so that this is just a standard with an entire full attack following it up.

893 if in point-blank range
>>
>>49746884
>Magic throws a bit of a monkey wrench into the idea of a good medieval conquest game, unfortunately

Shouldn't it actually *enhance* the idea of a medieval conquest, though? Kings now have more than just knights and dragons in their arsenal, they have battle mages.

Medieval warfare was a series of sieges preceded by one or two major land engagements, following that logic you can have mages working as magical artillery during huge battles or using their wizard towers as anti-magic magic when they're trying to bring the walls down.
>>
>>49746475
>tfw i introduced an intelligent cat bodyguard to another kitten cat that was a prince
>tfw cat bodyguard was a 13th level initiatior, doomed to die next sessions
>tfw lvl3 barbarian smacked for 7d6 with a single lazy strike without boosts or stances or nuthing

whooooops
>>
>>49746866
But if combat is anything but a cakewalk, the players will start bitching about you being unfair and """"""countering"""""" them.
>>
>>49746943
A big part of medieval warfare was how inefficient and slow it was.

Sieges took forever before the advent of gunpowder because siege weapons had to be either assembled in the field or wheeled for miles to reach their destination just to chuck rocks at walls, big pitched battles were basically just large scale skirmishes between armies until one side decided to retreat and was pursued, when all the real casualties would happen, and archers/crossbowmen accumulated more kills than cavalry and infantry combined during those large scale conflicts just because of how clustered formations had to be to avoid getting outflanked and butchered.

Introducing something that resembles a "battle mage" to that basically introduces power creep. Why build siege engines when your mage can just blast the city gates down? What's the point of marching in formation when being in formation is the optimal arrangement for a Fireball to cause the most casualties?

It becomes even worse when you take into account that both sides would have mages, turning warfare into a game of "Who has the better mage, and/or who can kill the opposing side's mage first?" invalidating the importance of the King with his knights and his armies because the battle mage can just wreck anything he wants on command, which, ironically, is how combat in Pathfinder is after level 5-6 anyway.

The best bet to get a good game with a medieval feel is to play a system with no magic.
>>
>>49746977
What?
>>
File: Judgemental Owl.jpg (55KB, 426x640px) Image search: [Google]
Judgemental Owl.jpg
55KB, 426x640px
>>49746977
>>
>>49747084
Or LIMITED magic.

Like, magic is a thing, but not as convenient as 3.5/PF magic is.
>>
File: Necrowlmancer.jpg (189KB, 541x700px) Image search: [Google]
Necrowlmancer.jpg
189KB, 541x700px
>>49747110
Yeah that could be a good way to counteract the problem here, but at that point why would you try to use 3.5/PF? It would be easier to just move to a different system than it would be to try to fix this system's reliance on prolific magic.
>>
Could use some advice on how to go about a paladin for our next campaign. We're running the Iron Gods setting next and so far the party is looking like a rogue, slayer and a cleric/wizard who plans on going mystic theurge.
I figured a nice front line with a bit of healing would shore up any healing duties we may have that the theurge can't fully cover. I'm just not too sure how to go about it. I have just about everything available to use and my 2 ideas were a paladin with a greatsword, possibly going hospitaler route(thought I also somewhat feel that archetype is a trap) or a halfling paladin with mounted combat in mind(but I've never tried mounted combat before) and I'm just a loss at which would be better for the group/campaign.
Could anyone offer any thoughts/advice? Again, pretty much anything pathfinder I could use and it's a 28 point buy.
>>
File: Owl Bard.jpg (87KB, 541x700px) Image search: [Google]
Owl Bard.jpg
87KB, 541x700px
>>49747138
>>
>>49747145
2H paladin with Fey Foundling. Just buy a wand for healing
>>
>>49747161
Don't forget tiefling.
>>
>>49747161
>>49747170
Works for me, I'd prefer the 2h route anyway. Appreciate the response guys. Should I start with fey foundling or wait till level 3?
>>
File: Owl Priest.jpg (96KB, 541x700px) Image search: [Google]
Owl Priest.jpg
96KB, 541x700px
>>49747218
Fey Foundling can only be taken at level 1
>>
>>49747234
Fair enough, didn't know.
Guess I'll start preparing this character now then.
>>
File: Owlchemist.jpg (105KB, 541x700px) Image search: [Google]
Owlchemist.jpg
105KB, 541x700px
>>49747258
If you go Tiefling for that sweet FCB, remember to be Demon-spawn for a perfect +Str +Cha -Int array
>>
>>49747287
I just looked up tiefling since I figured they had the same options aasimars did and noticed that. I'll certainly be going that route since I was really at a loss on what race to go beforehand, I appreciate the reminder though. Excited to get this campaign underway now.
>>
>>49747345
The Unscathed trait will pump your resistances to 7, making you immune to minor elemental damage (such as shocking or walking through a fire.)
>>
>>49747084
So what would medieval warfare look like with mages? Skirmishers and archers? Protect the mage? Would we see a rise in rogue types to counteract wizards? Would wizards band together to form diviner/evoker/abjuration type squads to protect themselves on the battlefield?
>>
>>49747563
Completely different. Aerial combat would make castles a lot less useful, you'd definitely see more underground bases with lead lined walls.
>>
>>49747609
Wouldn't castles still be a thing, due to magic being (relatively) rare? It seems to me that mages would be a thing, but 99% of battles would still be fought with swords and spears due to not requiring *years* of training.

Besides, where are you going to find a wizard who wants to risk fighting for some cause?
>>
>>49747563
I would say that convenient magic as it is in 3.5/PF would change warfare enough that I couldn't pretend to make an accurate prediction of exactly how it would differ.
>>
>>49747654
>where are you going to find a wizard who wants to risk fighting for some cause?
Anywhere if he lives in a country where people can be conscripted.
>>
>>49747654
Rarity is not a legitimate limiter if one wizard can essentially roll over an army or castle.

Wizards would become the nuclear missile of the medieval setting. Actually, a magical deterrence game could be pretty cool.
>>
>>49747679
>Rarity is not a legitimate limiter if one wizard can essentially roll over an army or castle.

Please point to me the spells that one wizard can use which would fuck over a castle or army.

Don't forget the other side has wizards too, which could imply the deployment of a mage would force the deployment of a rival mage, thus insuring MAD (Magically Assured Destruction.)
>>
File: Art 2.png (14KB, 711x674px) Image search: [Google]
Art 2.png
14KB, 711x674px
>>49747770
>MAD (Magically Assured Destruction.)
heh
>>
>>49747859

What is that picture and why is it scaring me.
>>
File: Art 4.png (13KB, 643x675px) Image search: [Google]
Art 4.png
13KB, 643x675px
>>49747888
It's art, friend
>>
>>49747917

DELETE THIS
>>
>>49747770
>Please point to me the spells that one wizard can use which would fuck over a castle or army.
Cloudkill would be my weapon of choice without digging into the really, really high level "apocalypse" stuff like tsunami or massacre.

Really, medieval times rarely had all-out warfare because of how much of a pain in the ass it was. Conflicts could usually be resolved through skirmishes and duels between designated champions. This is where I would employ mages. Because of the loss of life that would come with letting them loose in an armed conflict, most minor conflicts would probably come down to a dick measuring conflicts between two mages.
>>
File: Art 3.png (22KB, 1573x675px) Image search: [Google]
Art 3.png
22KB, 1573x675px
>>49747934
There is no reason to be upset
>>
>>49747962

[Hissing intensifies]
>>
>>49747770
This is a good point.
A level 5 wizard vs a pack of level 3 warriors won't actually fry all of them.
Assuming average rolls all around
5d6 -> 17.5
3d10 (HP, 0 con mod) -> 10 + 11 = 22.
You'd soften them up, but hardly kill anyone.

Comparatively: Protection from Arrows would only absorb 50 hp. Guns would surprisingly be the best with a readied action to make sure that the wizard didn't get the fireball or whatever spell off. A team of archers, or even one archer with a +1 weapon or Magic weapon spell or whatever could make sure that the wizard never gets a spell off.

I guess what I'm saying here is that I think archers and gunslingers would be deployed to 'ready action shoot the wizard if he tries anything funny'
>>
>>49748003
NPC classes don't get max hp at first level, I believe.
>>
>>49748023
This is correct.
>>
>>49748023
That's true, but they also usually have a 12 in Con if they're meant to be front-liners, giving them a whopping 19 hp at level three assuming average health at each level.
>>
>>49748003
>10 + 11 = 22
>>
>>49748061
Easy mistake through multiple lenses, even if it is easy to catch.
>>
>>49747770
>>49748003

The Witcher had surprisingly rational view for casters in military functions.

Mages that could cast the strong stuff were simply too valuable to risk on a battlefield, and while they can tear down a castle the entire point of a siege is taking the location so you can keep it.

Therefore the powerful mages were used sparingly in critical engagements, and more often devoted to advisory roles and/or protecting the king.

The common mage was a far more malleable creature, limited in scope or scale but still quite useful. They get attached to squads, or assigned to enhance a siege, or any number of places where a mage protected by a shield wall could do some damage.
>>
File: 1471160098286.png (666KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1471160098286.png
666KB, 900x1200px
>>49748061
Int was my dump stat.
Please enjoy this anime eating a burger in exchange.
>>
>>49748023
NPCs don't, NPC classes do if they're controlled by a player.
>>
>>49748120
NPC class page from d20PFSRD
>Characters with PC class levels receive maximum hit points for their first Hit Die, but all other Hit Dice rolls are assumed to be average.
>>
>>49748110

Every time I see cute anime people eat our national food, it makes me want to clap.
>>
>>49748173
Being Texan, it sadden me when I went over to Okinawa. They have no idea what proper mexican food, texmex, or even a burger or steak is.
>>
>>49748194
>that sad patty with brown sauce and rice when you say "hamburger"

And don't even try to explain a poutine to them.
Seriously. You may as well be describing an alien dissection.
>>
>>49748194

That's when you whip out the Foreman and grill them some freedom on a bun with a side of liberty.
>>
File: 1603846.png (16KB, 217x224px) Image search: [Google]
1603846.png
16KB, 217x224px
>>49748194
I feel the same way having moved from the southwest to the northeast. I want my tex-mex gosh darn it!
>>
>>49748231

>tfw the greatest burrito I've ever had came from a sketchy mom and pop store in Los Angeles

I love you Juanitas!
>>
>>49748194

Burgers and steaks are super easy to make, Senpai. You could've cooked them some delicious hamburgers and let them experience Burger cuisine.
>>
>>49748243
Those places are always the best!
>>
>>49748227
Funnily I think poutine would be really popular in Japan
>>
>>49749247
>>49749247
>>49749247

New thread!
>>
>>49741769
I need this in my life.
>>
File: earth.gif (1MB, 640x357px) Image search: [Google]
earth.gif
1MB, 640x357px
>>49745677
Earthbender!
>>
>>49745929
I have no idea how to write a homebrew.

Literally the best I've ever done is mediocre mole-people. http://pastebin.com/vP8n2YRQ
>>
>>49746642
I wish. I need it in my life, anon
>>
>>49746556
thanks for trying but I still don't see how many spells you learn. like other spell classes on level up is it 2? is it 0? do I just pay for each spell?
Thread posts: 339
Thread images: 70

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.