[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Official MTG Snowstorm/Lore Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 344
Thread images: 29

File: CalaVsUssa.png (1MB, 1295x983px) Image search: [Google]
CalaVsUssa.png
1MB, 1295x983px
Last Thread: >>>49668819

Previous Thread Writefagging: None.

Summon Gaia Anon to have your shit OC added to the repository.

>Current Repository

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-bqTtfMpEHWVUI5dURzakE4VWc
>>
File: Image.jpg (31KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
31KB, 223x310px
I just finished reading the Kamigawa books, they were nice, but not amazing. Pic related was best girl.
>>
Anyone got 4 ability planeswalker templates for Magic Set Editor?
>>
>>49736297
Cala vs Ussa, that's coo- wait that means.... FUCK!

RIP Serena.
>>
>>49736636
My condolences.
>>
>>49736297
>Almost entirely OC characters
>story written between multiple posters
>"Official" or "General" threads
So uh, how is this not a Quest again?
>>
>>49736658
There is no GM, no timeline, no single story, no nothing. Calling it "Official" is stupid, though, I agree.
>>
>>49736658
because it's fiction not dictated by random user input, almost exclusively constructed outside of thread and only posted in thread for editing or criticism upon completion.
>>
>>49736676
I would argue that there is MORE random user input than any other kind of input, and you're a fool if you think that Quest threads arent written on wordpad or something, and then slightly, sLIGHTLY changed for 4chan input
>>
>>49736688
point is, contrary to the name of the board we're on, this thread is pretty far from anything resembling a game. There is no quest going on here, just people making characters based on how well they know the lore of the setting, and people who like eachother's characters writing stories about how they meet.
>>
>>49736674
>>49736658
The "official" part is actually meant to be a parody of itself, because we are fully aware of what we are.
>>
>>49736768
Hard to tell, Poe's law and all that.
>>
>>49736297
I imagine that Cala packs a punch, but is also impatient. I also think Ussa is likely more durable, and can "whether the storm" so to speak.
>>
quick argument about the whole "super-thinking" thing: Devils don't exactly have a lot of important thought. They're literally the fodder of the underworld; they exist to run around screaming chaotically, then die when a demon or BBEG shows up. Even in M:tG that's the case, as seen on Innistrad with the devils being sent ahead of everything to get in the way while the Demons took their time getting there.
>>
>>49736297
Honestly, I see neither Cala nor Ussa as being heavy hitters. They both strike me as mid-powered flakes, where Cala is crazed and Ussa is sex crazed.
>>
>>49737733
True, but that's mono-red devils and what leads to Cala's instability of thought. The thought magic was hers from before she became a half-devil, and becoming a half-devil sort of "super charged" her so to speak by applying the chaotic hasty-ness of devils to her psych.

Or put simply, she was already blue, becoming a half devil added red. Beside's even Tibalt's a scientist of sorts. He's just bad at it.
>>
>>49737887
Tibalt willingly took advice from and then went to the devils. Whatever he used to be, there's probably not a shred left of it.
>>
>>49737887
I would imagine the addition of "red to her blue" as you put it, has the side effects odlf increasing her aggression, haste, and careful planning. I.e., she's more impulsive, creative, and mistake-prone. Blue and Red don't necessarily mix in the most stable way, since they are opposing colors. Thus, I think Cala's greatest weakness is her own rash action and "red tendency" to jump to conclusions. Hyper-accelerated thought does not mean hyper intelligent thought. She thinks faster, but is more prone to folly, as is typified by RU.

Also, Tibalt WAS a scientist in the loosest of senses. After his transformation, he was a straight up impulsive anarchist.
>>
>>49737983
*creative planning, not careful planning. Auto-correct is retarded.
>>
>>49738005
Hey, autocorrect helps a lot of people out, you can go duck yourself
>>
>>49737983
I agree with this. RU can be creative and impassioned, but not necessarily correct or safe.
>>
>>49737983
>>49738005
>>49738063
Even so, that still means she can come up with a plan, probably not the safest mind, and execute it while everyone's still in the planning stage.
I reread that example her writer posted last thread. She's definitely more blue than red, not blue and red in equal measures. The example was that she took the time to memorize the best escape route before settling down to read, which is typically more foresight than red bothers with and more careful than you're giving her credit for. The red traits she gained seems to be a lack of patience, haste, a tendency to drop what she's doing in favor of something else almost sporadically.
It might not go exactly the way she'd expect, but she's very quick to think and quick on her feet.
Ussa, I imagine, seems to be a lot slower, but with a lot more power. But no real lifegain. She's a being of instinct, lust, and lethargy. Her creator has stated repeatedly that she's the chill "do nothing" part of green. But giving Cala prep time is twice as bad as usual because of her quick acting and thinking nature.

At least, that's how I see it.

>>49737983
Tibalt was a scientist, just with no flare for stitching. He was more entertained by the pain it caused, and that pain attracted devils who watched with glee. Then the cathars came and he impulsively used a spell that turned him into a half-devil and ignited his spark.
So he was a scientist before, and I think he's still doing his same "studies" into pain. He never got advice or contracted with devils or whatever >>49737931 was saying.
>>
>>49738206
While I agree she's more blue than red, I think it is then safe to say that she packs less of a punch than, say, Chandra or perhaps even Tibalt. Her burn spells and devil summoning isn't necessarily that powerful or large, but she utilizes it in efficient and creative ways, even if those ways sometimes backfire. I think that is a sensical way to think of it.
>>
>>49738259
>Even if those ways sometimes backfire
I imagine that collateral damage only matters so much to devils.
>>
>>49738206
Still, calling him a scientist is a bit of a stretch, particularly now. Recording how much pain a person can endure just for the sake of it isn't really science. That's sadism under the pretext of learning. That is why Tibalt is all red. He is at most a self-proclaimed man of learning in name only. When in fact, he is a whimsical anarchist and sadist. Calling him a scientist is a bit far-fetched.
>>
>>49738297
Honestly, from that description, he sounds very black, not red.
>>
>>49738367
I think he should've been RB, personally. Based on his character description, he sounds a bit Rakdos.
>>
>>49738382
A lot of people think "Oh, you know, RB must be the most pain-giving, evil color," but they forget that as an example that the Cult of Rakdos is about the extremes of hedonism.
>>
>>49738396
It's not about evil. He's anarchistic (red) and sadistic (black).
>>
>>49738417
Half of the point that I was making is using "Rakdos" as the shorthand in a flavor discussion where it doesn't really match up.
>>
>>49738417
Sadism becomes black if it's only about the idea of 'me.'

>I like hurting people because it's fun! Some people deserve to be hurt because they're annoying and the way they squeal and squirm is funny!
That's mono-red.
>I like hurting people because it makes me feel powerful. I enjoy proving the power that I have over another person by making them feel great pain.
That's mono-black.

One hurts people on an emotional whim, the other hurts people to assert their own power. Motivation is an important part.
>>
>>49738531
This
Tibalt torturing some random joe he found on the street for funsies? Red

Ob Nixilis torturing the soon-to-be Jacestice friends because they've been a pain in his ass, interfering with him getting his powers back, and it relaxes him? Black
>>
>>49738793
>>49738531
And the Rakdos guy is an asshole that doesn't torture people to prove his superiority or as an emotional reaction or impulse.

A black-red sadist hurts people because it makes him happy. Personal gain has nothing to do it, nor are his actions reactive.

If red is 'muh emotions' and black is 'i come first' then black-red is 'muh emotions come first'
>>
Whew! Three more inserts to make then I just need to put them all together.
>>
File: bluefingers_sheet.png (2MB, 1562x1406px) Image search: [Google]
bluefingers_sheet.png
2MB, 1562x1406px
>>49740099
Psst.
>>
>>49740181
Correction! Four more.
>>
File: 1473873897568.gif (1MB, 355x225px) Image search: [Google]
1473873897568.gif
1MB, 355x225px
>>49740312
>>
>>49740181
So wait, is she or the demon the planeswalker?
>>
>>49740426
Yes.
>>
>>49740426
I suppose that she would have to be, or else the demon has to have a really complicated backstory.
>>
>>49740437
But I hope this is to preserve the mystique of the character not the actual answer.
>>
>>49740441
I've been saving him for snowstorm 3, but at this rate, I really should just throw him in. He eats sparks.
>>
>>49740556
I had a flake on the back burner that takes sparks from planeswalkers.
>>
>>49736636

Can someone please explain this to me? Does that mean next round is Serena vs. Gaia?
>>
>>49742249
Yes.
>>
File: Xxbng.jpg (96KB, 1338x716px) Image search: [Google]
Xxbng.jpg
96KB, 1338x716px
>>49742323
>>
>>49742249
Yes, in an attempt by Ice Age to force equal representation so we get two nobodies and two sombodies in the semifinals.
>>
>>49742404
>Implying that I actually do any intentional set-up.

It's all RNG. No, really.
However, the fact that this match-up happened, after all of the bitching that some of you guys have been doing about how you thought the tournament would end... I've been anticipating it.
>>
>>49742485
We'll see what wins, waifuism or logic.
>>
>>49742503
>implying some people don't waifu Gaia.
>>
File: Vanguard LtBW.jpg (156KB, 357x507px) Image search: [Google]
Vanguard LtBW.jpg
156KB, 357x507px
>>49736297
Current Match-Up/Rules Post for the thread.

>During each round, flakes will be assigned to random opponents in single-elimination tournament fashion.
>Flakes will be treated as though they are all neowalkers in order to create a balance of power.
>Flakes with meme-levels of power will be treated as though they weren’t.
>During each round, small groups of flake match-ups will be revealed
>Arguments and votes will be taken from the thread over which flake is likely to prevail over the other.
>Discussion in the thread now takes a greater deal of importance: polls will only be released after a considerably reasonable amount of serious discussion has taken place.
>Polls will be up for 24 hours after their opening.
>Polls that appear to have been tampered with will result in a replay of that match.
>Ties will be broken by chance.
>After each round, the flakes that move on will be re-randomized on the roster to make match-ups unpredictable.

The competitors are:

>Cala
https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0Bwl7IuoVRkFxVnRUVzNYZHF5Tkk?tid=0Bwl7IuoVRkFxUDZRVGVfQ1BDbm8
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bwl7IuoVRkFxUmJBOFM2ZXpHT1E/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0Bwl7IuoVRkFxYUxnMVhuN0p4QWM?tid=0Bwl7IuoVRkFxUDZRVGVfQ1BDbm8

Cala defeated the following Flakes over the course of the Ice Age:
>Round One: Laurela
>Round Two: Horo Kumohiro
>Round Three: Argyle
>Round Four: Talo'ara and Vanya

>Ussa
https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0Bwl7IuoVRkFxTWVBMmQ0YUhkdTQ?tid=0Bwl7IuoVRkFxUDZRVGVfQ1BDbm8
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bwl7IuoVRkFxYXU5eG05bmtxR0k/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0Bwl7IuoVRkFxb0QyRkp0RTVOT1E?tid=0Bwl7IuoVRkFxUDZRVGVfQ1BDbm8

Ussa defeated the following Flakes over the course of the Ice Age:
>Round One: Cadros
>Round Two: Ygraine
>Round Three: Kinrakar
>Round Four: Bavara and Venn
>>
>>49742323
>>49742342
>>49742404
>>49742485

I don't know what bitching you speak of, since I'm a new audience member to your circus, which until now has brought me much happiness. I have enjoyed reading about the flakes, and I have enjoyed the discussions for matchups.

However, literally how is Gaia going to be represented with non meme levels of power? How is anyone even supposed to "fight" Gaia without being deep inside of her world's core?

How have Gaia's previous matchups gone in terms of abilities discussed, and reasoning put forth? "Gaia wins because she's a planet protected from the Mending?" Or , for her to fight a foreign walker, she gets nerfed but wins with experience?

I only want to understand so we can go back to talking about Ussa/Cala.

Sidenote, I'm in favor of Cala because Ussa isn't using Autumn's Veil, Savage Summoning, Gaea's Revenge, or Terra Stomper. OR weeb cultivate.

I supporting dirty blue mages...
>>
>>49742671
*hate supporting
>>
>>49742671
Her non-meme version is a woman with oldwalker experience, 5 color ramp into big spells (not just creatures).
>>
File: 1476172310491.png (1MB, 1003x1013px) Image search: [Google]
1476172310491.png
1MB, 1003x1013px
>>49742503
>Implying some people don't Husbando Gaia.
>Implying Implying IMPlying...
>>
>>49742671
We're assuming she's no longer in the world core and has been hit by the Mending.
>>
Finding art for a female Kaladesh born Innistrad taught sticher/artificer is killing me.
>>
File: 526.gif (288KB, 292x256px) Image search: [Google]
526.gif
288KB, 292x256px
>>49742741
>>
>>49742741
>imp laying
Heresy.
>>
>>49742711
>>49742774

Okay, cool. Thank you very much.

So everyone agrees Cala takes it?
>>
>>49742818
Nope. I don't think she's hard burn/aggro enough to curbstomp Ussa. I don't know who'd win uyet
>>
>>49742543
I think he means that it'll either be arguements of "nu-uh, muh waifu is better" or actual logic being used in why that flake would win.
>>
>>49743108
It was a jape, mate.
>>
>>49742711
Was there really ever a meme version of Gaia, though? Like, besides the "she's a rapist" thing.
>>
>>49742818
I do. Her immediate actions aren't hostile looking so unlike other, earlier fights Ussa has no reason to think they're in a magic duel. She might kind of just sit there until Cala tries to combo off.
After that Ussa's trying to play catch-up assuming Cala's comboing off doesn't kill her.

And Cala thinks, moves, and plans fast enough to fight Ussa despite the other's strength advantage.
>>
>>49743175
The over-sexualization aside, some asshat kept pushing "oldwalker" and "five color" memes for some reason, as though age and the number of colors explicitly make anyone better than anyone else.
>>
>>49743186
Yeah, I've seen that. But that meme of hers didn't exist before the Ice Age.

While I think having access to 5-colors, and therefore a very wide range of spells and tactics, and being an oldwalker her age is a boon, I won't just say "domain oldwalker" and end the argument there.
>>
>>49743184
>Ussa won't even know they're fighting until Cala combos off

This is silly. The implication in Ice Age's rules is that the fight is the fight, and neither side gets any preparation time.
>>
Are any of the books good? I already read the Kamigawa cycle and In the Teeth of Akoum.
>>
>>49743396
I enjoyed The Thran and the Brother's War.

Stay away from Agents of Artifice and the Purifying Fire.
>>
>>49743409

"The books written by actual authors were good, but don't read the ones where WoTC bullied employees to write shit fiction."
>>
>>49743331
Then what did you mean when you put that Ussa is slow to realize when a duel's started?

Regardless, you said before that she's basically Ramp->Big stompy things. Cala's simply faster than her. I can't picture it any other way, really.
>>
>>49743451
How do I tell the two apart?
>>
>>49743186
The disadvantage of having multiple colors is grounded in mechanics, not in lore. Therefore, by the lore, a character with more colors has more versatile magic at its disposal.

In addition to this, ancient characters with a great deal of experience are likely to defeat almost any neowalker. See Sorin, Nahiri, Ob Nixilis.

You call them memes when they're logic.
>>
>>49743467
But the question is, can Cala's specialized aggro pack enough of a punch to take Ussa out quick enough? That's where I'm unsure.
>>
>>49743331

Agreed.

The rules make me think of this as any other match in Magic. So, Cala would be doing cantrips for combo pieces, Ussa would be ramping, and probably Ussa would lose.

Even mostly working off what's in their sheets and what's written on them, Ussa seems to be at disadvantage.

Actually, though, would Cala even reserve herself enough to prepare for big creatures? Ussa might be capable of surprise OHKO
>>
>>49743475

I'm always the same guy complaining about WoTC getting employees to do prose writing when they don't want to. Also, I've not read any books, just the articles and what's available online.

So if it sounds like someone read an actual physical book, it's not me.
>>
>>49743504
>See Sorin, Nahiri, Ob Nixilis
Ob Nixilis lost to a depowered Nissa 1v1 because she outsmarted him.
He then beat up the gatewatch while high off of who knows how much mana he siphoned from the hedron network that was trapping Ulamog.

Neither of those seem particularly "Invincible oldwalker to me" expecially since you put any neowalker in that second situation and they could pull off the same.

Additionally, Sorin and Nahiri haven't fought any neowalkers save Tibalt.
>>
>>49743504
You see, this is my thought too. It's not a meme if it makes sense and we see repeated examples of it in the lore. Gaia is not bound by the 5-color mechanics that often hamper domain decks in competitive formats. That's strictly a balance thing.
>>
>>49743563
Not as a planeswalker, as a depowered demon.
>>
>>49743467
Whether or not Ussa is quick to detect malicious intent is irrelevant in the rules of the tournament. There's nothing wrong with thinking that Cala would win because her strategy is just flat-out faster, but the notion that Cala would get the lore equivalent of like three free turns is silly.
>>
>>49743590
I was thinking more Ussa would be ramping while Cala was prepping her combo.
>>
>>49743563
>Ob Nixilis lost to a depowered Nissa 1v1 because she outsmarted him.
That was when he didn't have his spark ignited. In round 2, he literally roflstomped Jace, Nissa, and Gideon when they were at full power. He spent all of the mana siphoned off of the hedrons to reignite his spark. There was none of it left for the fight.

>Neither of those seem particularly "Invincible oldwalker to me" expecially since you put any neowalker in that second situation and they could pull off the same.
Not if they don't have the knowledge or control to do it.

>save Tibalt.
Yeah, and Sorin wiped the floor with him without breaking a sweat. Then take the fight between Avacyn, Jace, and Tamiyo for example (if you can call it a fight). Avacyn thoroughly thrashes Jace and Tamiyo. Then when she and Sorin start fighting in earnest, Sorin overpowers her and drives her through a cathedral floor. Even as a depowered oldwalker, he was able to best Avacyn relatively easily when he stopped holding back.

Oldwalkers are generally more powerful than neowalkers. We consistently see this in canon lore.
>>
>>49743509
If her combo can't take out Ussa, then it can't take out most humanoid planeswalkers, in which case Cala shouldn't have made it this far at all, unless you believe that Ussa is tougher than all of Cala's previous opponents.

Consider that Cala's previous opponents were:
>An angelic cleric.
>A moonfolk samurai.
>The possessed host of a thousand souls.
>A human samurai and a human-spider monster at once.

Would you really say a relatively plain satyr druid with no supernatural endurance, stamina or protection is tougher than every single one of those opponents? That she'd be able to withstand the combo for some nebulous reason while they couldn't?
>>
Is Kaladesh worth visiting, fellow walkers?
>>
>>49743676
The setting is, yes. It's a goldmine for artifacts and untapped mana.
>>
>>49743640
Oh, well that's fine, then.
>>49743664
I was hoping not to take this angle, but I wouldn't say Ussa has absolutely zero supernatural endurance. Her body is saturated with green mana, which accounts for a lot of static benefits. Obviously, I'm not saying she has hexproof or anything, but she's not a normal satyr by any means.
>>
>>49743643
>>49743576
>A depowered demon.
That's still a metric fuckton of power. That's like saying that: the Tarkir elder dragons are weak as fuck...when compared to the original elder dragons.
He actually didn't spend all of that mana to just reignite his spark. He also all but hard summoned Kozilek to the field, and still had plenty to spare.

Regardless, that doesn't matter, because he still had an oldwalkers worth of 'experience.' That's what the "because oldwalker" meme always said "Oldwalker experience'

If that accounted for anything, Ob Nixilis, destroyer of worlds, shouldn't have been outsmarted by fucking Nissa of all people.

That's what you guys have been memeing about.
>>
>>49743692
That isn't mentioned in your flakesheet or in the combat profile you made specifically for this tournament.

Where can this information be found?
>>
>>49743676

Absolutely, especially if you have a safe way to gather your own aether and smuggle it into the city. Teleportation and geomancy would be amazing for this.
>>
>>49743763
Experience means nothing without the means to apply it. In this case, without his spark, Ob Nixilis was nothing but a very long-lived demon with a very good plan. The sort of entity that any magical planeswalker can easily smack about, especially when they're empowered by the very plane they walk upon.
>>
File: Storm decks.gif (2MB, 319x246px) Image search: [Google]
Storm decks.gif
2MB, 319x246px
>>49743692
Yeah, now that I'm not busy, let me explain what I meant.
So, the way I understood it was: duel starts, Ussa kind of does her own thing and ramps until something makes her go "Oh, are we starting now" then she starts casting. Typically with more aggressive opponents, this is them starting shit, maybe throwing some fire at her.

The problem is Cala's "fight starting fireball spell" would be more along the lines of something like pic related. A ton of spells bouncing off each other like some kind of mana microwave.

I didn't mean Ussa would literally nap the whole time. Just that the usual "Are we fighting now" spell or thrown knife or whatever, is usually a fight ender by itself. And if not, Ussa would probably be pretty badly hurt/burned/whatever.
>>
>>49743763
>He actually didn't spend all of that mana to just reignite his spark.
Yes he did. It specifically mentions in that UR that he needed the hedrons to reignite his spark. Then, once it was reignited, he had access to his old interplanar leylines.

Also, as another example of him stomping neowalkers, he thrashed Chandra without even trying. It was only when she released the other 3 and they released a coordinated bombardment of spells did they finally drive him off. They didn't even kill him. They drove him off.

This isn't a meme. It is literally canon.

So an oldwalker like Gaia, who is seemingly older than Ob and has access to a far wider variety of spells, is logically going to be more formidable than the majority of if not all of the flakes that weren't disqualified from the Ice Age.
>>
>>49743840

I believe the entire point is there would be no "oh are we fighting now" because of the rules of the tournament.

The idea of anyone thinking "oh are we fighting now" for any amount of time in the context of this tournament is straight up silly, is probably what Reprehensible Filth Anon was saying
>>
>>49743814
>Lack the means to apply it.
He was literally hand-to-hand range fighting an elf and got outsmarted. Not outcasted. Outsmarted. You don't need mana to grab someone and shove them into a wall and he's still fucking huge compared to her with skin harder than leather.
>especially when they're empowered by the very plane they walk upon.
Nissa was depowered at the time, the plane wasn't feeding her any power. In fact, it was just the opposite: Ob Nixilis was siphoning power from the plane, so he had the advantage manawise too.

Also, demons aren't the joke they are in the card game. In the card game Rakdos is a what, 6/6? 4/4? While in lore the whole reason he has a cult is because he could waste half of Ravnica on his own if he got bored.

Griselbrand tied with Avacyn, the archangel that wasted ANOTHER flight of angels on her own. Withengar couldn't be killed and could only be sealed.
Liliana was just going to have to dutifully obey a quartet of demons that aren't even in contact with each other until she came across the chain veil which GAVE her enough power to kill them.
Demons are nowhere near as weak as the card game implies.

And he still lost. To Nissa, who was depowered, and holding back because she didn't want to hurt Zendikar the way Ob Nixilis was. While he was siphoning power from said Zendikar, to try and kill her.
Oldwalker "experience" in action.
>>
>>49743767
>Ussa...grew up in environments saturated with green mana, leaving her with a deeply ingrained mastery of the color

Second sentence of the combat profile. I thought the implication that the environments had affected her was made clear.
>>
>>49743910
>Not outcasted. Outsmarted.
Remind me, how did Nissa outsmart him? I barely paid attention to that one because of
>oh
>>
>>49743840
I think I see where you're coming from, but keep in mind that ramp isn't a reactive archetype. Just because Cala hasn't thrown any fireballs yet doesn't mean Ussa isn't going to start dropping beasts on her as soon as she can.
>>
>>49743923
There is no evidence of green mana specifically leading to a great deal of physical endurance, enough to make a satyr more brawny and durable than samurai or angels.

You could point out Garruk who is tough as nails but you could also point out Nissa, who isn't especially tough as an individual. There's no evidence that green mana causes a planeswalker to be more durable than a planeswalker that doesn't use green mana.
>>
>>49743923
The fact that they affected her WAS, but not HOW. Plenty of ways for green mana to affect people, many of them not so useful.

Ah but who cares, you explained that already. Just pointing out why the confusion exists.
>>
>>49743881
I'm probably not explaining that term right then.

You know how a fist fight is about to start. Both sides have their fists up, ready to swing. Maybe preparing themselves mentally, but it's not a fight yet because neither of them has thrown a punch?

What I mean by "oh, are we fighting now?" is that Ussa seems more the type to either punch second, or counter punch the first punch, but not the type to swing first. Because otherwise, she's going to ramp so that she can crush her opponent under increasingly heavy forces.

Unless you're saying the matches start with both sides angry and pre-punched. In which case Ussa wouldn't really have a chance to step back and ramp because Cala's swapped to plan B of "constantly back up and throw fireballs while thinking of a better plan C"
>>
>>49743955
>>49743963
No worries, that's totally fair. I think Nissa was shown to basically have super-strength in the most recent Wizards stories, but I'll concede that there's more to green mana than physical endurance. It's an automatic connection in my mind, but one that I ought to have made clearer when writing the profile.
>>
>>49743643
Yes, but Jace and Tamiyo weren't trying to hurt Avacyn and instead trying to reasons with her and figure out what was going on.

And you also have to take in account that Avacyn was created with Oldwalker power to protect an entire plane. And that Sorin isn't some human planeswalker. He's a multiple millennia old vampire planeswalker.

I don't think it's just his age that should be taken in account.
>>
>>49743981
Ussa will swing first if you let her. It's just that she doesn't often have that opportunity.
>>
>>49744016
Okay, fair enough. I don't think this fight is that opportunity, but fair enough.
>>
>>49743910
There is no indication that Ob was as powerful as a demon like Griselbrand without his spark. Ob isn't a straight demon. He was human originally. And not all demons are equal in power. There are some pretty weak demons just as there are some fairly weak angels. Granted, most still probably outpace humans, but most would also get wasted by a being like Griseldizzle or Rakdos.

>Oldwalker "experience" in action
Then why is it that basically everywhere they appear (ignited) oldwalkers wreck shit and thoroughly intimidate just about everyone who knows who they are? Karn, Ugin, Nicol, Nahiri, Sorin, and others are all incredibly formidable opponents. No one ever once discounts this in the lore. So why are you? You are basically saying that a person who has had little to know experience wielding a sword would be able to stand toe-to-toe with someone who has been swordfighting for millenia, even if they both wielded identical swords. That makes no sense. Just because Ob himself is an arrogant bastard doesn't mean you can discount oldwalker experience with a wave of your hand.
>>
>>49744016
>Partially due to her generally nonaggressive nature (outside the bedroom), Ussa can be a bit slow on the uptake in a magical duel.

Please don't contradict yourself.

This is bordering on you making up facts about your flake to get her the victory.
>>
>>49744003
>Yes, but Jace and Tamiyo weren't trying to hurt Avacyn and instead trying to reasons with her and figure out what was going on.
They tried to reason with her for about 30 seconds, then they spent the rest of the fight trying to stay alive. Avacyn was hard as hell to hurt, and recovered almost immediately. Both Tamiyo and Jace acknowledge they were about to die. They were fighting for their lives, and not holding back. The only thing that Jace believed would save them was one of Tamiyo's super scrolls. Avacyn straight-up thrashed them.
>>
>>49744063
You have an interesting take on the phrase "slow on the uptake". That doesn't mean she'll literally do nothing until something happens first - it means what it says. That she's slow. Ramp is the strategy that I based her combat style off of, and Ramp is typically considered a slow archetype, similar to control. The difference is that control is purely reactive for a very long time, whereas Ramp is proactive from the word go. It's not fast, but it's progressing towards its goal from the very first turn. What makes it "slow" is that in the first few turns, it's playing ramp spells instead of creatures to defend itself.
>>
Man, look at you jerks arguing with each other.

Can we walk the middle line?
>Oldwalkers are experienced
But they can still lose. This is valuable, but don't put all of your stock in it.

>Multi-colored can do lots more things
Theoretically, yes, but whereas in the card game your library determines your options and skill sets, we are instead down to what those characters ACTUALLY do or are likely to do.
>>
File: cardart_M13_Spiked-Baloth.jpg (271KB, 750x450px) Image search: [Google]
cardart_M13_Spiked-Baloth.jpg
271KB, 750x450px
>>49744045
Oh I didn't say Ob was THAT powerful, just that you can't go "Planeswalkers beat demons nine times out of ten, easy." is completely wrong.

I'm not saying oldwalkers aren't strong. I'm saying that just because they're oldwalkers you can't immediately just write off their opponents. Ob lost to Nissa despite her being depowered while he siphoning Zendikar's power

>Nissa, no experience wielding a sword.
She apparently fought hand-to-hand with one of these things and won.
This is my point. Neowalkers experience shit too. I'm not saying a random novice-walker would win, but I am saying a neowalker with some experience can probably stand up to an oldwalker.

I mean, we keep using Ob vs Nissa because it's a good example, but there's also the fact that right after Ob got his power back, he pretty much would have immediately lost to Gideon had his demonic endurance not basically let him pop his leg back into place after Gideon snapped it in half. Had he just been a human, that would have been the Gatewatch's win too, despite him being an oldwalker..
>>
>>49744125
>Ussa will swing first if you let her.
>generally nonaggressive nature
>>
>>49744095
>Avacyn was hard as hell to hurt, and recovered almost immediately.
You have a mind mage and a story telling rabbit. What were they going to hurt her with. They're kind of non-combat walkers.
Like, this would mean more if Avacyn spent the chapter beating Gideon to death by swinging Chandra around as a club.
>>
>>49744159
>But they can still lose. This is valuable, but don't put all of your stock in it.
That's exactly what I've been saying from the beginning. I'm not saying oldwalker experience is an instant win, but it is a very valuable boon. It would be foolish to discount it.

>>49744159
>Theoretically, yes, but whereas in the card game your library determines your options and skill sets, we are instead down to what those characters ACTUALLY do or are likely to do.
Yes, this exactly. This is exactly what I had in mind, too. A multicolored walker can't instantly cast any spell in that domain. But rather if their previous experience an knowledge dictates that they know how to cast that spell.
>>
>>49744190
True. But I'd still bet money that she could beat Gideon to death with her bare fists after swatting Chandra aside.

Damn, now I really want to see this happen.
>>
>>49744003
It has far less to do with how strong Sorin is and far more to do with who he is. Avacyn has a massive handicap when fighting him because she had to use the madness to force herself to be able to hurt him. If Avacyn was sane she wouldn't even be able to force herself to hurt him.

>>49744190
I want to see this, for comedy value alone.
>>
File: IMG_2087.gif (369KB, 500x501px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2087.gif
369KB, 500x501px
Damn, so I have two more inserts to do before putting the collage together. I didn't think it'd be this difficult to do after my workout. I'm beat at the moment. I might not finish this until tomorrow. Shit. Hopefully by tomorrow. I haven't even ate dinner yet.

Lend me your strength
>>
>>49744169
I think he's trying to make this part of her seem more like an animal in general. The whole "typically minds their own business until they feel threatened" thing.
>>
>>49744166
>Planeswalkers beat demons nine times out of ten, easy.
Who was saying that? I wasn't saying that.

>I'm saying that just because they're oldwalkers you can't immediately just write off their opponents
Neither am I. But discounting their experience and power is also incorrect. Unless a neowalker is exceptional or specifically built to counter an oldwalker's strengths, I will most likely give the fight to the oldwalker.

>>Nissa, no experience wielding a sword.
I never said she had no experience, nor that neowalkers themselves have no experience. I was using an analogy.
>but I am saying a neowalker with some experience can probably stand up to an oldwalker.
"Some" experience versus literally 1000+ years? That is like saying someone who has been practicing kung fu for a year could beat a 6th degree black belt or something. It just doesn't add up. Is it always possible that the relative novice could win? Yes. But the odds are HIGHLY stacked against them.
>>
>>49744166
Ka'koarm anon here, people voted for my angriest fish over Varametra, an experienced oldwalker, so at least some percentage of the people here do not think it's an insta-win. That said, I am in agreement with the notion that oldwalkers should be really tough cookies, at least tier 5 of the power tiers we discussed at the beginning of the snowstorm, they should not be able to fall to any flake not designed with fighting in mind, and should give combat-ready flakes a run for their money, even if the oldwalker in question is not combat-focused.
>>
>>49744288
Tires don exits.
>>
>>49744303
for the rules of these fights in particular, right? Fair enough, but the statement still stands in general.
>>
>>49744287
>I wasn't saying that.
>Ob Nixilis was nothing but a very long-lived demon...The sort of entity that any magical planeswalker can easily smack about
The person I was responding to definitely said this.

>It just doesn't add up
Ob Nixilis was almost killed by Nissa before he got his powers back, and would've been killed by Gideon in a wrestling match, and in both cases survived not because he's an oldwalker, but because he has the physiology of a demon. This is despite having centuries of experience as a war lord. At some point, experience must have diminishing returns because with your analogy it should not have happened.

The better analogy is that both of them are black belts, but one's been a black belt for a decade, while the other one's been a blackbelt for a month.
>>
>>49744169
The idea of a character indefinitely spinning their wheels in a fight because they don't know it's a fight yet is silly. If I had meant that she was purely reactive, I would have written that. "Generally non-aggressive" doesn't mean "absolutely inert".

>>49744279 described my thinking almost perfectly.
>>
>>49744372
>because with your analogy it should not have happened.
Not that anon, but we have to remember that this is WotC we're talking about. Their storytelling is inconsistent as shit.
>>
>>49744372
Ob Nix is a shit. Of course he made stupid mistakes against the Gaywatch. He's retarded. And he's a pushover when compared to other oldwalkers. Nahiri kicked his shit in within 5 minutes of him showing up on Zendikar last time AND doused his spark.
>>
>>49744384
It doesn't mean absolutely inert, nor does it mean 'the first to initiate a fight.' I imagine she responds to what she perceives as aggression by ramping rather than 'swinging first' when all the opponent is doing is casting cantrips. Since that's you view Cala as, someone casting harmless cantrips while she builds up the combo.
>>
>>49744468
>someone casting harmless cantrips while she builds up the combo.
Not RFH, but I personally see Cala as casting lesser burn spells and summoning smaller devils en masse. Like, 1/1 or 2/2 tokens and pinging for 1 or 2, if we're going with mechanics. Then her spells build off of each other. That's how I view it.
>>
>>49744489
What he's trying to do is depict Cala as a character that's as feeble as possible while trying to make his flake seem as devastating as possible.

He just seems to be doing it through misinformation about his own creations and belittling another person's flakes.
>>
>>49744489
Sort of this.

She seems like the kind to give you lots of busywork while she sets up the killshot.
>>
>>49744468
I'm not sure how exactly you're imagining this scenario in which casting cantrips comes across as harmless, because I'm picturing Ussa sitting in a forest clearing somewhere, then Cala skips along and says out loud, "Gosh, I sure do hate casting fire spells and attacking people!" while all this blue and red mana starts swirling around her. And then Ussa says to herself, "Huh, that's pretty weird, maybe I'll ask her what she's up to if she's still around after my nap, zzzzzz"

>>49744532
You're ridiculous. I have never said a single negative thing about Cala. All I'm doing is answering people's questions and doing my best to clarify aspects of Ussa that seem to be confusing people.
>>
>>49744235

You can do it Vronak!
>>
>>49742671
We're not at that fight yet, but when we are, throw your questions my way.
>>
>>49744948
Why are you such a whore?
>>
>>49746577
Maybe it's because you're such a tease.
>>
>>49744948
Just to be clear, >>49746577 is not me.

I posted the original bitching about Gaia.
>>
File: New Ussa Kinksheet.png (1MB, 1562x1406px) Image search: [Google]
New Ussa Kinksheet.png
1MB, 1562x1406px
Just in case you all aren't completely sick of me and my character just yet, here's the new Ussa story I promised. This time she's visiting the wonderful world of Kaladesh!

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Oc4qtRVB7uHkyVIxIbxw5Eqml6A7DzYJ5d0YXxkA1IY/edit?usp=sharing (LEWD)

Additional warning - this one is pretty long and contains a lot of lactation. So if you're not into that, you should probably skip this one.
>>
>>49747071
What a slut
>>
Late-night bump.
>>
File: Ushiwaka Oboro Courier.jpg (518KB, 1498x1044px) Image search: [Google]
Ushiwaka Oboro Courier.jpg
518KB, 1498x1044px
>tfw no transforming card templates
Anyone made a origins card for your flake?
>>
>>49750106
Origin cards are a little too complex and extremely difficult to balance.
>>
>>49750106
Bonus points for Kamigawa but I have a question.
The way it is words, it implies that you can transform him wheter or not the opponent has the named card in hand. Is it intentional?
>>
>>49750214
>balancing
Just half-ass it for the flavor.

>>49750250
It's not. Oops. There are going to be like 3 "if you do" clauses in the end baka.
>>
>>49750257
'k, thanks. I was just making sure I wasn't reading it wrong.
Still, I'd have the +3 actually do something positive as well, if I was you. Maybe make it a plus 2, cut onhte life loss and add a card draw? The point is that his ulti is not so exciting that I'd ever consider using the +3 to reach it fast unless I need a sac outlet really bad.
>>
>>49750277
The positive thing is supposed to be it being a +3. The intention was to enable creating an emblem every 3rd turn if you so wish.

However, adding a card draw is a good idea, synergy with the +1.
>>
>>49750257
Whenever I make custom cards, I'd rather not half-ass it.
>>
>>49750289
Yes, that's the whole point i was making: I wouldn't really rush for the ulti, seeing as it is not so much of a game changer. Either you add some steam to his other abilities, or you make the ulti much more exciting to be warrant using that +3.
>>
>>49750301
I'll change the emblem to give -2/-2 too. Stacking that would be good.
>>
>>49750308
Now that's pretty mean, yes. I'd even consider to go for a -7 rather than 6, just to force a double +3 if you really want to reach it fast.
Then again I am not really a master of balance so take everything with a grain of salt.
>>
Anyway, the flavor is supposed to be something like this:
Before ignition he schemes and meddles in politics, by chance and instinct (if you haven't looked at their hand yet) or by being well informed.

After ignition, he gets better at planning, has even less regard for life and well being of people (himself included) if it achieves his goals, but he still espouses the soratami superiority complex and penchant of being literally above all the ants on the ground that they all have.
>>
>>49750106
Cite your artist.
>>
>>49751470
I dunno I guess technically god by extension
>>
>>49751470
You mean the one on the left? http://veki-kun.deviantart.com/art/Soratami-Blade-Dancer-598306205
>>
>>49751544
I mean right, ugh.
>>
Alrighty flake makers. I'm done with the new inserts and almost done with inserts for updated iconic flakes.

What old iconic flakes do you all think should be added to the new OP collage?

They should be popular and actively discussed a lot. That way people don't have to go through the repo just to know who we are taking about.
>>
>>49751831
Vronak, Serena, Gaia

Any others are up to your discretion. But these three are generally brought up at least once per thread.
>>
>>49751916
I concur. Many other flakes have been talked about for days because of the Ice Age, but these are talked about consistently.
>>
>>49736297
so.. post a template?
>>
>>49752172
>https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-bqTtfMpEHWVUI5dURzakE4VWc
There are templates in the repository.
>>
>>49752189
>Kink sheet
So uh, why isn't this part of /erpg/ on some other board?
>>
>>49752279
Reasons
>>
>>49752279
Because people are dumb and can't keep their /wst/ material in it's thread on /d/.
>>
>>49752332
>no such thread on /d/ or its archive
So I assume thats just a lie, and these threads are not part of a vibrant community, its just a way to sneak /erpg/ back in? Clever girl, mates. Count me in, whose dtf?
>>
>>49752349
It's called Erotic Fiction General now, or /efg/. They changed it when they were banished from here.
>>
>>49752279
The option exists for anyone who wants to make a kink sheet, but 98% of flakes use the normal sheet.
>>
>>49752405
Right, we need to keep it on the down lo, otherwise the betas will whine, right. So quick recap, who likes it rough?
>>
>>49752418
Slut angel hitler Serena.
>>
File: 1474328071549.png (674KB, 1562x1186px) Image search: [Google]
1474328071549.png
674KB, 1562x1186px
>>49751916
>>49752088
Obviously the best Vronak should be remembered.
>>
File: Serena Goldnight Angel.jpg (89KB, 752x523px) Image search: [Google]
Serena Goldnight Angel.jpg
89KB, 752x523px
>>49750106
Prepare for literally the worst flip trigger on an Origins walker ever. It may be worth it just for that dank +1 though.

>>49752452
You flatter me.
>>
>>49752544
Holy undercosting, Bats!

Ok, never mind, the -2 and ult is trash. Maybe consider a cheap emblem that does the same thing + some other effect.

Still undercosted because of repeatable card filtering.
>>
>>49752544
Nice, but it should be WR or WR1.
>>
>>49752544
>angel planeswalker
Fuck, why don't we make Sliver planeswalkers too, since we're making snowflakes that the lore explicitly states won't happen
>>
>>49752657
>undercosted
Mate, it costs two white and require delirium to flip. That ain't happening for several turns in a deck that can play her on turn two.

What I'm trying to say is, the card is garbage, it's pure flavour.
>>
>>49752788
Serena was apparently born human, turned into an angel, then sparked
Or something
>>
>>49752788
Man, it's been awhile since we had a conversation like this. Brings me back.

Just so you know, there are probably about 20 flakes that directly break canon, and probably about 30 that have really weak arguments for why it can happen in canon.
>>
>>49752798
WW for a 3/3 flying defender with the tap ability is already reasonable, even without the planeswalker bit.

But fine disregarding mechanics for flavor, ok.

Ooh, what if, for other color changing transforming cards, you specify what side is what color (ala Devoid)?
>>
>>49752788
>What is Ob Nixilus
Can't happen naturally is not the same as cannot happen.

>>49752881
I'm pretty sure that even as posted that card wouldn't even see standard play, let alone any other format. If she was 2W she'd actually probably be strong as you'd be able to splash her.

>Ooh, what if, for other color changing transforming cards, you specify what side is what color (ala Devoid)?
The dot to the left of the type signifies colour on DFCs. Just look at Avacyn the Purifier.
>>
>>49752788
Serena is basically to angels what Ob Nixilis is to demons.
Human first, then a "beneficial curse" made her into something "better"
People are still betting that this will be what happens to Elspeth when she comes back from the dead.
>>
>>49753046
I think beneficial on the chain veil is subjective. Ob is the kind of person who had no objections to being turned into a demon but many people(such as Garruk) would see it as a curse. Ob was just smart enough to ditch the piece of shit before it could actually do something to him he wouldn't like.
>>
HES BUILDING SOMETHING
>>
>>49753223
Haven't read the last 4 stories. What's happened?
>>
>>49753290
Capeshit tier plot with some nice bits here and there.
>>
>>49753328
No, you dumb faggot asshole, its all garbage, and its not stopped being garbage since neowalkers were first revealed
>>
>>49753046
Only problem is that Elspeth didn't die on Alara. So, that won't be happening.
>>
>>49753377
I don't know about all that, Dubs-anon. But, I liked quite a few of the UR articles so far. Sure, there are some bad parts. But, for the most part it's been pretty a-ok.
>>
>>49753494
If only there were more people like you in the world, we could solve world hunger since you'll happily swallow rotting feces.
>>
>>49753290
Nothing that you can't pick up from the cards has happened except tying some threads together with Ajani involving Tamiyo and Kamigawa, and and Tezzeret now being confirmed as attempting to build something with Rashmi's blind eternities manipulating matter transporter and other infections from the fair
>>
File: denouddaden.gif (2MB, 352x199px) Image search: [Google]
denouddaden.gif
2MB, 352x199px
>>49753649
Tamiyo's kids are cute! CUTE!

Because of course soratami kids would cartwheel through clouds and get all wet from it.
>>
>>49753798
That is pretty fucking adorable. Was that last week's?
>>
>>49753907
Yes. It's very long though. But it was probably one of the better stories for me.
>>
>>49753616
Shit doesn't rot. Also,
> stop liking what I don't like
>>
Whew! Three more inserts from the old Collage and I'm done with the inserts. Then all I need to do is throw them together.
>>
File: New Ussa Kinksheet.png (1MB, 1562x1406px) Image search: [Google]
New Ussa Kinksheet.png
1MB, 1562x1406px
>>49747071
Slight correction - updated measurements.
>>
>>49756694
No one. Cares.
>>
File: You_Doodle_2016-07-14T07_40_01Z.png (329KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
You_Doodle_2016-07-14T07_40_01Z.png
329KB, 600x600px
>>49756736
I care, anon. I care.
>>
>>49756736
I'm pretty autistic when it comes to measurements. It would warm my heart if this newest version could go in the repo, by the way.
>>
>>49756866
>I'm pretty autistic
Yeah, I can fucking tell.
>>
>>49750106
I've made walkers, but no sparkers. They're weird to get right.

>>49751831
I'd like it if Praea was still in, since she's my namesake and a holdover from Snowstorm 1, but she doesn't get talked about much so use your own discretion.

>>49753377
>>49753616
Who shit in your cornflakes? Holy moly.
>>
>>49756898

What in the world do you care about? What are you here for? What am I fighting foooooooooorrrrr?

For real, though. It's been established that this kind of stuff is discussed in these threads. Read the writefagging in the fucking repo.

Do you complain about beef in your hamburgers, too?
>>
>>49757071
I think I can work her into it. It's taking me a while to piece all the inserts into one collage anyhow. I should be done with it tomorrow since tomorrow is my short day for work.
>>
>>49757138
I complain about the little contence of beef in my tacos. Does that count?

Fuckin' Taco Bell.
>>
>>49757071
Sparkers are a mistake
>>
>>49759700
They evoke a narrative, which is what Origins was trying to do with them, but they don't have much design space outside of that. I don't think they're a MISTAKE, but their application is super narrow.
>>
>>49736297
does Calanon have her full art anywhere? I'm really curious as to what the rest of it looks like.
>>
File: 1404545288146.jpg (147KB, 736x1109px) Image search: [Google]
1404545288146.jpg
147KB, 736x1109px
>>49760781
Good thing this was at the bottom of the thread when I checked in, because I probably never would have noticed it otherwise.

I like /tg/ art threads.
>>
>>49761061
Neat. Thanks anon.
>>
>>49761076
Sure thing, though there's not a giant amount more to gain from that.

Also, any of you lot notice that I shopped it in so tightly that the "devils" wings aren't really visible on the clip for the flake sheet? No need to complicate things by giving them flying, as interesting as that might be. That's a question I don't want to bother answering.
>>
>>49761209
I'm actually pretty sure that'd be perfectly justified with "Magic, ain't gotta explain shit."
"Devils fly wherever she's from, the end." Or the like.
Prowess would also be a good keyword for them.
>>
>>49762365

Although flying is in Cala's colors, devils are traditionally mono red, and dragons seem to be the only red creatures that have flying.

Yeah, don't gotta explain shit, but pretty much everyone in this thread has played some kind of MtG game, so a decent amount want to stay somewhat true to the mechanics as well as the color pie.
>>
>>49763183
http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Search/Default.aspx?action=advanced&output=spoiler&method=visual&color=+@(+[R])&type=+[%22Creature%22]&text=+[Flying]&subtype=+![%22Dragon%22]

Just went and had a look, and it turns out there are some recurring creature types. Most don't really suit Cala, save one: Imp.

Cala, if you're reading this and you want more flying that suits your little devils theme, add an imp in there or two.
>>
>>49763252
Nah. I think Cala's fine as she is.

Gotta flesh out my other flakes some more though. One of these days I'll bother writing a short story to give a better feel for Jakrol, Winifred, and Mysel. Wyston doesn't get one, because he's a 4th of July Flake... I feel like he's the sort of character who maybe shouldn't play with others, but maybe makes a good example for how to WUR America.
>>
File: Ushiwaka, Emrakuls Guest.png (3MB, 2114x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Ushiwaka, Emrakuls Guest.png
3MB, 2114x1600px
I'm thinking of writefagging some. Which of the following are you more interested in?

>origin story
>time rift shenanigans
>Not asking Sarif Simic for augs, and the science shenanigans therein
>going to THE MOON and becoming BFFs with Emrakul
>going on a mission for Ems
>current events
>something else
>make some other flake, you fuckboy, no one cares
>>
>>49763183
Dragons, phoenixes and more.

Red is home to lots of flying creatures, they're all just restricted to higher mana costs, whereas white, blue and even black have them spread throughout the curve.
>>
>>49765408

You put in an effort to adjust from advice given before, so I think you should writefag. It's easiest to writefag for things that you like. So if you like him, do it.

It took me like three threads to get someone to even reply to my flake, and I'm gonna write for her anyway.

That being said, I usually don't find characters like this to be fun to read about unless it's extremely dickish shenanigans. Not time shenanigans, though. I would read current events about him putting stupid amounts of planning and effort for a trivial prank, or as "vengeance" against some guy who didn't tell him "bless you" when he sneezed that one time.

Either that or lewds
>>
>>49766978
Who's your flake?
>>
>>49766978
>extremely dickish shenanigans
That's the plan whichever topic I choose. Think Sorin, but more meddling.

Current events are difficult because if it's not visiting Ems and going on missions for her (which I separated from current events) I'll have to figure out some important secret/spell/artifact for him to poke.
>>
>>49767674
Y'know, I was a bit meh on Ushikawa at first, but I think I'm starting to like him. Do an intro story with him and/or a collab with another flake. But, for my sake, please try to keep it under 5 pages. I can't read these really long writefaggings. Most of them can't hold my attention very long unless I'm previously invested in a character. 5 pages is enough to tell a story with a little encounter. Heck, most of my own finished writefaggings are only between 2 or 3 pages.
>>
>>49767810
I suppose I'll do an intro story of his usual modus operandi: one man Ocean's 11 with a bit of extra asshole and za warudo in there.
>>
File: Waka.jpg (76KB, 570x700px) Image search: [Google]
Waka.jpg
76KB, 570x700px
>>49767810
Also, it's UshiWAKA, named after this other magnificent moonfolk with who he has very few things in common.
>>
>>49768107
Eyyyy. Okami was great back in the day. Such a fun and simple game. I only wish the generic monster fights were a bit harder.
>>
File: 20161008_151752.jpg (1MB, 1600x1210px) Image search: [Google]
20161008_151752.jpg
1MB, 1600x1210px
>>49766984

Anuja is my flake. Here's repost. Advice, suggestions, feedback always welcome.
>>
>>49768370
I personally think you should be a bit more specific about artifacts the character uses if they're going to have an artifact focus.
>>
>>49768370
Protips: just paste Gatherer card images on the sheet in paint to avoid the graininess. Paint's text editing tool is adequate, google the Belern fonts if you want dat authentic feel.

From an writing standpoint I suggest you hint at more of her personality and more important events in her life.
>>
>>49768370
The artifact affinity doesn't mean "Uses a few artifacts" it means that that's what they specialize in.

Chandra wears a pair of pyromancer's gauntlets and pyromancer's goggles on at all times. That doesn't give her an artifact preference. See Tezzeret,Daretti, Nahiri (Via equipment), Saheeli, or Dovan in that order for an artifact preference.
>>
>>49768505
Artifact affinity is reasonable here, because the entire character concept is based around them, if in an unconventional way.

However, I would suggest the author find artifact cards besides mana rocks to add flavor on what she makes from the artifact scraps.
>>
>>49768370
I really like the flake. I like the other pic you used though.
>>
>>49768436
>>49768458
>>49768505
>>49768622
>>49770702

Wow, guys thank you so much for all of the feedback. It's very helpful and has brought a lot to my attention. Particularly that I focused so much on making her summary quick and efficient, and neglected to hint about her personality or other things that could distinguish her.

I'll be more specific about use of artifacts, and flesh her out more on the sheet before I proceed with writing.
>>
>>49770818
Tis the dilemma of making a flakesheet. Either details of their past or details of their personality. It can be hard to fit both.
>>
File: You_Doodle_2016-10-13T20_10_53Z.png (3MB, 975x2764px) Image search: [Google]
You_Doodle_2016-10-13T20_10_53Z.png
3MB, 975x2764px
Damn, I can't believe how long this little collage took to piece together. But, it's finished for the time being. It's not as sharp as the previous one because I created it on my phone. I hope peeps like it.
>>
>>49771958
I'm politely requesting that you remove my flake, Sowa. It's not recent or popular enough to be included.
>>
>>49771958
So what did you think?
>>
>>49771958
Actually, while we're doing this, remove Ginger too, another one of mine. Another one that's neither recent nor popular enough.
>>
>>49771958
There are some inaccuracies with Gaia. I'll address them when I get home.
>>
>>49771958
Why are there two Vronaks?
>>
>>49772292
Because there are two Vronaks.
>>
>>49772026
The reason I added her is because she didn't have an insert before. Didn't know how recent she was or wasn't. Perhaps we should talk about her more?

>>49772051
I really like how you thought up his ignition. And the fact he trolls planes for his own amusement. Great flake.

>>49772065
Meh. I thought he was interesting enough to add in as an oldie. That and I needed an old Red walker. And I didn't want to add Des' goblin queen flake.

>>49772186
Shush.
>>
>>49772363
This.

>>49772292
There is a duplicate Vronak. Vronak the Slayer. And the creator said that he wanted VtS in the collage, so I added him.
>>
File: 1474610429523.gif (55KB, 132x191px) Image search: [Google]
1474610429523.gif
55KB, 132x191px
>>49772419
>Great flake.
>>
>>49772443
About what?
>>
>>49772419
Sowa isn't remotely new nor do I want her to be talked about. Everything about the character that can be explored has been explored.
In addition, Ginger is an even more basic character. Although I have written about the character, I don't want to post any of that in these threads.

So considering that neither of the characters are relevant to the thread in its current state, please remove them.
>>
>>49771958
Damn, even in these 1-3 sentence excepts you're a terrible writer.
>>
>>49772484
Alright. When I update it next then I'play take them out. Which I'll try to update the collage every five new flakes.

>>49772496
Oh. Maybe I should get a job at WotC then.
>>
>>49771958
Great work! Sadly though, it won't ever live up to the collages that Gaia made.
>>
>>49773073
I don't expect it too. My computer doesn't work at the moment and all I have to work with is my phone.
>>
File: Iblis.jpg (889KB, 1562x1186px) Image search: [Google]
Iblis.jpg
889KB, 1562x1186px
I officially have no idea what the fuck I'm doing.

So, I'm ready for everybody to tell me what's wrong.
>>
>>49773837
>AETHERPIRE

KYS.
>>
>>49773073
For the last time. I only did one collage.
>>
>>49773891
Look, there's no need to be modest. I genuinely can't remember anyone else making any of the collages and you're the only one that's contributed anything solid to these threads. It makes sense that you were the one that handled all of the collages so thank you for all of your hard work and dedication.
>>
>>49773857
That's what upset you? Why?
>>
>>49773837
He has deals with demons?
His race should be Human Aetherborn Mutant, probably.
The preferred spell list probably shouldn't contain artifacts.
I suggest you don't make the spells as small, the resolution renders some unreadable.
>>
>>49774304
>He has deals with demons?
Probably not. Or at least, not anymore. Nowadays it's just a fascimile of a demon that just exudes the good stuff.
>His race should be Human Aetherborn Mutant.
Yeah, I'd buy that. Sounds like the proper way to make it.
>The preferred spell list probably shouldn't contain artifacts.
From what I've understood, the preferred spell list is the better place for putting oversized artifacts you can't carry in your pockets/Stuff you more "invent" to the battlefield than carry along with you.
>I suggest you don't make the spells as small, the resolution renders some unreadable.
Gotcha. Size to 60% instead of 50% it is.
>>
>>49773837
Iron Man
>>
>>49774921
Yeah, the pic is from a series of magitek fantasy Avengers.
>>
>>49774921
Yup, but the art worked and I got sick of trying to find art.
>>
>>49773957

Not the same person, but does it really need explanation?

Think about it. Apply similar naming formulae to other things.

>woke up in Kamigawa with katana slills, like some kind of Aetherai
>with life draining like some kind of Samupire
>some kind of Aethernobi

I can't think of any other way to explain it than the term "Aetherpire" being silly. Well, it's actually also kinda redundant since some Aetherborn just naturally have the ability to Essence Drain.

Out of curiosity, why is it important to you for your flake to have been born a human, and then transformed into an Aether Mutant?

Do you want to explore the "what have I become" trope? I'm just trying to understand why you didn't do just an Aetherborn inventor who was searching for a way to extend his life while working on the Resevoir, and when he nearly dies and sparks, decides to just drain some bitches?

What you want is what you want, I'm just trying to see if there's an easier way to get what you want.
>>
>>49773359

Hey, me too!

Holy fuck you did all that on mobile? How?
>>
>>49775032
I think the key part is that the guy wants to make an Aetherborn snowflake. The issue is that the Aetherborn aren't able to become planeswalkers due to the fact that they're created rather than born.

So, a roundabout method of giving a spark to an Aetherborn or transforming a spark-valid creature into an Aetherborn is required.
>>
>>49775032
Fair enough. Though the main difference between "Aethernobi" and "Aetherpire" would be that one is a mix of a race and a class. Aetherborn and shibobi, which is definitely unnecessary.
On the other hand "Aetherpire" in that context would be a mix of "Aetherborn" and "vampire" which are two races.
It's sort of like how IRL Black+Engineer=Black Engineer, not Blagineer
But on the other hand: Black+Asian=Blasian.

That said, the "aetherpire" thing actually wasn't about the aetherborn aspects, and more that he sucks the life energy/aether right out of you rather than blood. But I can see where the first way might come across.

As for the "Why is he not just aetherborn from the start?" thing, I could probably explore the "what have I become" trope, but it's mostly because I'm not sure that aetherborn can spark at all and am hesitant to say they can, so I used the normal safe route of human+corruption.

Plus it's more fun this way and I don't have to worry about figuring out gender neutrality in english.

>>49775196
Basically.
>>
>>49774981
I know the feeling, broham.

>>49775141
You Doodle+ and LiveCollage are my go to photo editors for iPhone.
>>
LIVE!
>>
So... Ice Age has a long day tomorrow.

So in order to make sure that 24 hour polls can be closed on time, they will open sometime during the day tomorrow.
>>
>>49777566
Suweeet
>>
File: You_Doodle_2016-09-30T00_11_39Z.png (828KB, 700x933px) Image search: [Google]
You_Doodle_2016-09-30T00_11_39Z.png
828KB, 700x933px
Bump in the Night
>>
I can't believe they didn't do a "I prepared explosive runes this morning" joke with Toshi Umezawa.
>>
I need to come up with an important, heavily guarded and/or hidden secret or item on any plane, but one that wouldn't completely derail the setting if it was stolen or revealed (slightly derail is fine).

Are there any in canon or should I invent one? Anyone have any advice or ideas?
>>
>>49781509
Any hidden artifact from ancient civilizations on Zendikar.
Some cursed object buried deep within a family crypt somewhere on Innistrad.
Any sort of invention on Kaladesh was might have been confiscated after being considered too dangerous to be used, kept in some Consulate stronghold.
A divine item of mystical power on Theros that has been scattered to the winds by the Gods, never meant to be held by a mortal man again.
Some old relic forged during the time when the Khans once lived on Tarkir, hidden or lost in some forsaken ruin.

With a little imagination, you can come up with something from just about any plane. Just put your mind to it. As long as it doesn't break the internal rules, you should be fine.
>>
>>49781509
literally just ducks
plenty of planes have swans, few if any have ducks
it's perfect because they're hidden in plain sight, nobody realizes ducks aren't supposed to be there
>>
>>49781575
I mean more like specific named or known items in canon. Inventing something isn't that hard, but I would prefer something people are familiar with, even in passing.
>>
>>49781644
ducks when they're young are pretty soft and downy
>>
File: 1464202821877.jpg (47KB, 449x642px) Image search: [Google]
1464202821877.jpg
47KB, 449x642px
>>49781665
While I can imagine ducks as secret and guarded rarities on some plane, and that's pretty funny, they are kind of useless and boring once found. I suppose I could turn that disappointment into a plot point, but I'd rather not base my first writefagging of my first flake around such a gag.
>>
>>49781644
>I need to come up with an important, heavily guarded and/or hidden secret or item on any plane

So, what you're saying is that you don't need or want to come up with one, you just want to use one that already exists?
>>
>>49781709
I agree, you'd have to be pretty quackers to do something so fowl
>>
>>49781725
If possible. Coming up with one is the fallback plan if I don't find anything that fits the story concept.
>>
>>49781509
I personally would avoid using a canon named artifact. Here in the snowstorm, we try to stay as far away as interacting with canon as possible. It's ok to have a brush with canon characters or items in passing, but it should never violate the spirit of the character or item, nor should it interfere with canon events. Any flake that crosses that line is heavily frowned upon. I would suggest making your owm artifact. Perhaps you could even ask other flakers in their flakes have made any artifacts fitting that description. It could be a good way to start collaborating with other anons.
>>
>>49781742
>Any flake that crosses that line is heavily frowned upon.
I am aware, just hoped there could be something that is not important enough, or one of a series of similar items that are not unique, etc.

I suppose that's a bit much to ask for.
>>
>>49781761
Lotuses
Lotuses are nonlegendary artifacts of great power that are easily hidden
>>
>>49781773
>>49781761
http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Search/Default.aspx?action=advanced&output=spoiler&method=visual&name=+[Lotus]
>>
>>49781773
>>49781777
Ooooh, interesting, especially the flavor of Gilded Lotus. Are there any lore descriptions of them?
>>
>>49781815
So wait, you want a genuine, unique object that exists in the lore that your character can snatch up and use for themselves?
>>
>>49781823
Not necessarily unique, and not necessarily an object. Just something important enough to the natives of a plane to be heavily guarded and hidden. It's about the heist, not the item or secret.
>>
>>49781842
http://magiccards.info/query?q=e%3Ampskld%2Fen&v=card&s=cname
Tezzeret and the consulate just stole all this stuff for being too powerful and locked it in a consul vault behind layers of security to ensure the Deceptions following Renegade Prime don't get their hands on it. Are you a bad enough dude to steal something from the vault/the vault itself?
>>
>>49771958
I asked for Ka to be included but not for Murdock, she has done her time and I am content with that, she doesn't need staying in that collage for longer.
>>
>>49782350
Hmm, figuring how tricky Tezzeret's vault and it's traps are should be an interesting challenge, I will consider it. Is it described anywhere?
>>
>>49782431
>>49782350
Perhaps I'll have the heist happen just as T-dog is rounding them up instead of the vault. Interaction with the vault vs. interaction with the consulate forces...
>>
File: 41.jpg (73KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
41.jpg
73KB, 312x445px
>>49782431
I'm not sure if the coup has happened yet, but expect everything to be locked up tight behind aether lasers, wires, and various other dangerous things from Origins.
And a few Gearhulks.
>>
>>49782488
IIRC it's happening at the same time as this weeks story, T-dog is using the duel as a distraction for it.
>>
>>49771958
Could you replace Gaia's text with the following?

Gaia, from Eöl

Older than many worlds, for eons Gaia served as the heart of the world she created. When her isolated plane was disturbed by an all-too curious and all-too familiar planeswalker, her spark was struck by the Mending. Without her former godly power, her world collapsed, killing her with it.
>>
>>49782562
Correction

*for eons Gaia served as the heart of the plane she created
>>
>>49782562
>killing her
>killing
If she is dead, how is she relevant. She should just be erased already.
>>
>>49782623
She's one of the best things produced by these threads, why would she be erased?
>>
>>49782623
>>49782562
She'd be relevant if her plane still existed, but without that, yeah, I don't see why she's there.

I suppose people can interact with and write about her in the past.
>>
>>49782623
Her "relevancy" is that we never shut up about her.
Relevant to the thread's discussion, not to any story going on.
>>
>>49782623
>>49782662
Two reasons: one, she gets brought up a lot, and this saves me the tine of explaining her to new people and savea them the hassle of digging through the repo.

Two, the ending where she dies is one of many ideas I had for her ending. Her story is still very much in draft mode and I am stl adding to it. So she's actively being used.
>>
>>49782715
Is one of those endings "she tries to find a way to remake her plane?"
>>
>>49782741
Oddly enough, no. There was a version where she went crazy, and that one was the closest. But in every other ending, she has accepted one way or another that her plane is irreplaceable and can't be restored. In most of the endings where she lives, she wishes she had died with it.

The most likely alternate ending I'm leaning towards atm involves her finding a nice quiet plane and settling down there in isolation. She doesn't try to kill herself, but she wouldn't try to defend herself either if one of her old enemies finds her. This is the main alternate ending that I leave open in case someone wants to use her in a story. Since no one has so far (at least not for the last month or two) I'm defaulting to the ending where she dies. But once someone wants to use her, I'll switch to an alternate ending.

>>49782662
It's true that most of her stories take place in the distant past, yes. This was true of her from before the aforementioned endings.
>>
>>49782411
Well, she is still well talked about. I'd say she's amongst the top five renown flakes.
>>
>>49782562
Except that wasn't the end of her story. Why rewrite the past Gaia-chan?
>>
>>49782836
>if one of her old enemies finds her
Damn, now I want one of the other flakes to be one of these enemies. You should get another anon to write a story where one of the planeswalker hunters tries to track her down and kilk her because she's big-game prey. But then when she doesn't put up a fight, the hunter gives up, because the hunt itself is pointless without struggle or trial.
>>
>>49783150
You should show Gaia some more respect, anon. He handled the collage for far longer than you ever did.
>>
>>49782689
This.

>>49782836
I shall update it. But, why the whole "dead when plane collapsed" spiel?
>>
>>49783182
That comment wasn't disrespectful. Or at least I didn't intend it to be and cannot see how it could be construed as such.
>>
>>49783189
If you want to leave that part about her death out to leave the story open, that's fine.

Mainly, Gaia has always been a character revolving around theming and plot elements. Her initial concept revolved around her plane. So without her plane, it's logical that her character wouldn't continue. But her character has evolved since her creation, so now there is a thematic argument that she continues on past the collapse.

It's six-and-six to me. How the character ends isn't what is important to me. She is meant to be from a bygone age. Most of my storytelling with her is from that age. Mainly, it stems from my desire to explore the ancient multiverse. What were the struggles of old like? What planes existed before? Etc.
>>
>>49783129
Top kek. Just remove her, man.
>>
>>49782836
Gaia reminds me of a cute little old lady, except she's hot as fuck.
>>
>>49783639
Julianne Moore?
>>
>>49783189
You know what? Just leave off the part about her dying. Since I really am open to multiple endings, it doesn't make sense for me to put a definitive ending in her collage excerpt. I think leaving it off is best.
>>
For those interested, I was discussing a possible ending for Gaia with another anon. What do people think of this?

I had another one which could work. In her long life, she has made a lot of powerful items, such as artifacts, and laid many powerful enchantments. I definitely want her old ass to start looking into retirement (her plane was meant to be her retirement), but before she does she tries to remove her footprint from the multiverse. So she's going around collecting old artifacts, undoing certain enchantments, etc to let the multiverse do its own thing without her. She doesn't want any of her creations to fall into the wrong hands. She's apparently more responsible post-collapse than pre, since she didn't think to do it before.
>>
>>49784218
Personally didn't read this because I'm sick of reading about Gaia.
>>
>>49784058
Agreed.
>>
>>49784218
So long as the artifacts and enchantments are on other planes, I can see it working.
>>
>>49784230
It's a good thing anon said "For those interested" at the beginning of his post then, now isn't it?
>>
>>49784299
It's also good that they asked what people thought.
>>
>>49784406
Not him but your logic is flawed.
"For those interested" came first, meaning that he was only addressing those who cared. Because you don't care, you're not interested, so your opinion was in fact, never asked for, nor cared about.
>>
>>49784487
You care enough about it to respond.

Consider caring less.
>>
>>49784553
Are you assuming the person who replied to you is gaia anon?
>>
>>49784553
Take your own advice.
>>
>>49784230
>>49784406
>>49784553
Fuck off. Gaia's the core of this community, it was pretty much founded around him.
>>
>>49784605
Christ, who the fuck are you? Quit waifuing Gaia.
>>
>>49784636
I'm just giving the appropriate of respect to the man that's been responsible for everything good about the snowstorm. You should acknowledge him more.
>>
>>49784670
You are fucking painful, do you know that?
>>
>>49784670
Is troll? Or...
>>
>>49784685
Point out anyone else who has contributed as much to the thread as he has.
>>
>>49784717
Snowanon and Plaguelord
>>
>>49784735
Gaia is the 'snowanon,' you should know that. And Plaguelord is just some stupid troll that posts the same picture and phrase over and over again. He's this thread's cancer.
>>
>>49784770
Gaia isn't snowanon. Snowanon is snowanon. And he left ages ago.
>>
>>49784805
If you're talking about the person that made the collages, that's always been Gaia. He's always been responsible for that. He just started namefagging at a later point.
>>
>>49784835
No, it wasn't. I remember Gaia and Snowanon having a conversation saying who would do the next collage. Unless he was samefagging, he's not the same anon.
>>
>>49784873
It was probably some faggot that was too lazy to live up to the responsibility that he had requested from Gaia. Thank fuck that guy left.
>>
>>49784919
You're Snowanon, aren't you? Please stop trolling.
>>
>>49784963
Why are you showering praise on some noxious twat and then accusing people of being him?
>>
>>49785036
Christ, you're bringing up the mosr cancerous memes
>>
>>49784717
Ice age anon
>>
>>49785074
And you're behaving like someone that belongs in an asylum.
>>
>>49785093
You mean a person that set up a parasitic competition using Gaia's resources? He isn't making any new content, just regurgitating that which Gaia has made.
>>
>>49785119
I fucking hate you. I don't even care if you're Snowanon, Plaguelord, inzhu anon, or who the fuck ever. Fuck you.
>>
>>49785151
Wait, so now I'm three people at once? And you hate me because I disagree with you on the internet?

You might be just a little unbalanced, anon.
>>
>>49785151
do not feed the troll.

by feeding the troll, you give him what he wants
>>
>>49784230
No one's making you read it. No one's every made you read any of it.
>>
>>49785293
>no one's every
>>
>>49785319
>I never make typos
>>
>>49785391
Not in sentences as simple as that, no.
>>
HahA Look at all the autism in this thread
>>
NEW THREAD

>>49785695

NEW THREAD

>>49785695

NEW THREAD

>>49785695
>>
>>49784805
I believe he is still around.
Thread posts: 344
Thread images: 29

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.