[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Official MTG Snowstorm/Lore Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 323
Thread images: 49

File: IMG_1888.png (1MB, 1295x983px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1888.png
1MB, 1295x983px
The final rounds are beginning >>>49616133

Last Thread: >>>49616252

Previous Thread Writefagging: None.

Summon Gaia Anon to have your shit OC added to the repository.

>Current Repository
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-bqTtfMpEHWVUI5dURzakE4VWc
>>
I want to run an idea about Eöl's orcs by you guys. Let me know what you think.

I want them to be a bit visually different from Tolkien or 40k/Warcraft orcs, to help differentiate my setting. I was thinking of making them stand upright, have gray to black skin, faces like half-orcs from 3.5, and some kind of horns. The horn type will likely vary by tribe, but I was thinking bull or ram horns.

Too gay?
>>
>>49669022

Sounds a bit like the darkspawn from Dragonage.
>>
File: 161100_CN.jpg (782KB, 1500x847px) Image search: [Google]
161100_CN.jpg
782KB, 1500x847px
So, including yourself, who else would you want in YOUR 5 man dream team?
>>
>>49669114
I was picturing something a bit less monstrous. Almost like the orcs from the Elder Scrolls, but less green, a tad more muscled, and with horns.
>>
>>49669022
>>49669114
I think you mean the qunari.
This series needs to stop changing it's fucking art style. The qunari from 2 looked the best, easily.
>>
>>49668819
>Previous Thread Writefagging: none

Uh-huh.
>>
>>49669461

Fuck, yes, qunari. The thinly veiled muslim metaphor.

Thanks, anon.
>>
What do you gus think about no-horned dwarf satyrs as a race?
>>
>>49669668
With how horny satyr women must be, it sounds like a race of shortstack onaholes desu

In all seriousness, give us some details.= so I can actually judge them fairly.
>>
>>49669724
Feet like lorwyn elves, but furry. Furry forarms, goat ears, and a long tail that ends in a tuft of fur like a kirin. Stocky build
>>
>>49669724
>>49669800
Alternatively, instead of a kirin tail you can say they have a bull's tail. Bit otherwise, they look like dwarves.
>>
>>49669668
I like my satyrs horned and seven feet tall, but there's nothing wrong with the idea that I can see.
>>
>>49669668
will they be mad stacked?
>>
File: cardart_mereknightblade.jpg (123KB, 700x500px) Image search: [Google]
cardart_mereknightblade.jpg
123KB, 700x500px
>>49669022
I like it.
>>
slightly off-topic, but I figured serena anon might get a kick out of this. Sorry about the watermark.
>>
>>49670748
That's beautiful
>>
File: 20161004_005311.jpg (1MB, 1600x1210px) Image search: [Google]
20161004_005311.jpg
1MB, 1600x1210px
Reposting for feedback before I move onto writefagging.
>>
>>49670748
Let me just one up you there anon
>>
>>49670901
>and then no one played with Jace ever again.
>>
>>49670901

I mean if you want to go there...
>>
>>49670901

>Ajani doesn't kill anymore
>Nor does he gamble
>>
>>49670901
Then Garruk lost every round and killed everyone.
>>
>>49670748
>she got knocked out by Sorin for the last time.
>>
>>49669022
Sounds like Gray Orcs from Tolkien/Forgotten Realms.
>>
>>49671119
Nope, they are starting a game of strip poker and funny enough Liliana keeps losing and is getting frustrated half way through when she realizes why.
>>
>>49671621
How can you play strip poker with urzas head
>>
>>49671669
Urza's Glasses?

Add some hats, headbands, and rings.
>>
>>49671354

And it started out so well.
>>
>>49671621

Would rather see Chandra lose desu
>>
What happens at the end of the current ice age?

Is there a soft "reset?" Like, the repository is cleared, and anyone who wants stuff re added, they ask for that?
>>
>>49672836
That sounds fine to me.
>>
>>49670969
>and Jace realized that he didn't win, because Urza is a fucking old school blue prick.
>>
File: IMG_5694.jpg (128KB, 900x761px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5694.jpg
128KB, 900x761px
>>49673401
Jace knew he wouldn't win when he didn't see Sorin playing.
>>
>>49672836
Nope. We won't start a new snowstorm. We'll just make a new thread character collage is all. And still retain all of the flakes in the repo.
>>
>>49674036
Who's volunteering to maintain the new collage?
>>
>>49674091
If Gaia doesn't want to do it anymore, I suppose that I can. I'd be willing to, though a few of you might not be happy with me maintaining it considering who I am or who my first flake is.
>>
>>49674123
So long as you remain unbiased and are an asset to the storm, I don't give a shit who you are, not even if you're Vronak.
>>
>>49674123
Gaia's surrendered all responsibilities, including maintaining the collage that he was responsible for from the very beginning and did every update for.

Can't blame the guy after doing so much for us and so thanklessly too.
>>
>>49674156
Which I am.

>>49674161
I was wondering why whenever i got on today that there was no thread up. I suppose that I can do it little by little every day. I suppose the first thing would be to make a new collage.

Though, I would still need help with opening new threads when I'm not present due to work or sleep.
>>
>>49674231
Yeah, it's really a massive shame. Gaia was the only thing keeping these threads together, the only person that did any of the hard and painful work. All we did was make flakes and write stories about them while Gaia did all of the busywork on his own, without anyone else doing anything at all.

But we have to pick up the pieces and Gaia needs to take a break, after doing everything himself without anyone else having any responsibility in these threads ever.
>>
>>49674262
I feel like you're being sarcastic. Gaia maintained the repo, was OP for awhile, and did one collage. The rest of it was a combination of other anons.
>>
>>49674321
No, I'm pretty sure he did the repo, was the sole OP and maintained all of the collages. Like, can you name anyone else that had any responsibilities? No names come to my mind.
>>
>>49674356
Yeah, you're definitely shitting, and you definitely sound like a bitter snowanon.
>>
>>49674383
You're not naming anyone, you're just throwing around insults. Great show of maturity.
>>
>>49674401
snowanon, stop. We all know you did a good job with the collages. No one's taking away your credit. Chill out.
>>
>>49674431
You're still not naming anyone that's done anything for this thread in the longterm aside from Gaia. You're just shitposting and accusing me of being someone I'm not. What's a fucking snowanon even?
>>
>>49674401
>>49674431
>>49674456

Thread is now at half hp.
>>
Alright, I'll be working on a new collage. Will everyone please post the flake sheets of their most recent flakes? That way it'll be easy for me to make sure I don't miss anyone's flake.
>>
>>49674483
that's going to take several threads
>>
>>49674483
There's been roughly sixty to eighty new snowflakes since Gaia's last update to the collage.

Your best bet is to just start including new snowflakes after an arbitrary cut-off point of your choosing. You won't be able to please everyone.
>>
>>49674495
>>49674509
No, I mean literally everyone's most recent flake. The last flake everyone has made.
>>
>>49674559
That's a fucking awful idea.
>>
>>49674559
does dandruff count?
>>
>>49674580
If I added all the flakes in the repo that aren't on the collage, we'd have the same exact problem. The collage is far too cluttered and this is to clear it out and make way for the more recent ones and build from there.

>>49674588
Why not?
>>
>>49674611
Just start from this point. Anything posted from now that isn't on the previous collage gets added. Bam, simple, clean and you don't have to wait on anyone to do it.

I'd wait until Gaia's around so you could get the expert advice from him though.
>>
>>49674686
And then I can't make a collage until there is... probably 10 new flakes? It looks odd with a small amount. That's why I want everyone to post their most recent flake for me to add to the new collage.
>>
>>49674834

Sounds awesome, thank you for doing that for us.

The collage seems like a great way to keep up with active flakes and open up collaboration opportunities. I already posted my flake here, and I know Serena and Reprehensible Filth Anon post a lot, so I know I can approach at least them for collab things
>>
Sorry for my absence thus far this thread, things got a little hectic over here. I will post the rules again in a bit here, but as a reminder, this is the current poll. I'm glad to see that a lot of you found your way to it already. This will remain open for a little less than two hours.

http://www.strawpoll.me/11373071/
>>
File: NCM_0297-1.jpg (758KB, 2577x1940px) Image search: [Google]
NCM_0297-1.jpg
758KB, 2577x1940px
>>49669022
Ok, here's a few cocept sketches of how these orcs could look. I'm open to suggestions. Which designs work best? Should features be mixed and matched for better results? Etc
>>
File: khfM9u6h.jpg (65KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
khfM9u6h.jpg
65KB, 1024x768px
>>49676384
More designs
>>
>>49676384
out of the four, bottom right of replied to image has most unique flavor, and I wouldn't mind a whole race like it alone. It looks like it would belong to a rich culture though, what kind of culture do your orcs have? And how is this reflected mechanically?
>>
File: Vanguard GD.jpg (144KB, 357x505px) Image search: [Google]
Vanguard GD.jpg
144KB, 357x505px
>>49668819
>>49675773

>During each round, flakes will be assigned to random opponents in single-elimination tournament fashion.
>Flakes will be treated as though they are all neowalkers in order to create a balance of power.
>Flakes with meme-levels of power will be treated as though they weren’t.
>During each round, small groups of flake match-ups will be revealed
>Arguments and votes will be taken from the thread over which flake is likely to prevail over the other.
>Discussion in the thread now takes a greater deal of importance: polls will only be released after a considerably reasonable amount of serious discussion has taken place.
>Polls will be up for 24 hours after their opening.
>Polls that appear to have been tampered with will result in a replay of that match.
>Ties will be broken by chance.
>After each round, the flakes that move on will be re-randomized on the roster to make match-ups unpredictable.

45 minutes until the match ends.
>>
>>49670748

Saved. Love that.
>>
File: Round Five Battle Two.png (1MB, 1295x983px) Image search: [Google]
Round Five Battle Two.png
1MB, 1295x983px
>>49675773
>>49676548
In the fierce battle between Ka'Koarm and Ivander, the winner is...

>Ka'Koarm

The second match-up of Round Five will now begin!
The competitors are...

>Amund
https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0Bwl7IuoVRkFxRHNMbDBZLVVtSzg?tid=0Bwl7IuoVRkFxUDZRVGVfQ1BDbm8

Amund defeated the following Flakes over the course of the Ice Age:
>Round One: Irriad
>Round Two: Salicia
>Round Three: Naran
>Round Four: Nishal and Anna

>Domoyl
https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0Bwl7IuoVRkFxaDRfSTZld1h1bFE?tid=0Bwl7IuoVRkFxUDZRVGVfQ1BDbm8

Domoyl defeated the following Flakes over the course of the Ice Age:
>Round One: Jye Kwo
>Round Two: Sim
>Round Three: Perselus
>Round Four: Winifred and Izari

The second battle of the Quarterfinals begins...
DISCUSS!
>>
>>49677019
MONO-GREEN FIGHT
GET MANA'D ON
>>
>>49677019
One's a tree-man, another is a faggot with a bow.

I'm sorry but there's not much more discussion than that. In my opinion, Domoyl shouldn't have gotten past round four. He's just an elf with a bow going against far strong flakes that actually use magic and have racial advantages.
>>
>>49679142
>Non-magic isn't useful
>Racial advantages as a forced concept, rather than a reasoned one
Stop.
>>
>>49677019
Since Domoyl is an elf, do you think he'd be able to scamper up Amund (a tree) and stick an arrow in his eye? Like what Legolas did to that troll or that mumakil in LotR?
>>
>>49680012
Please explain why an elf that is good with a bow should be able to defeat a giant tree that has been honed into a weapon by elves and was only defeated by several elves that are good with bows.
>>
File: Ushiwaka the Trespasser.jpg (139KB, 750x1056px) Image search: [Google]
Ushiwaka the Trespasser.jpg
139KB, 750x1056px
>tfw the sickest spell combos (fluffwise, not cardwise) are a bitch to properly write rules for
Dude shatters an enemy, then slows down time for their still falling body parts to create a floating obstacle for other enemies. Efficiency! Metal! But also unfortunate and unintended edge.
>>
>>49680143
the proper terminology for mana gain is "add [mana] to your mana pool" IIRC.
>>
>>49680277
True, thanks and fixed, but that's not important right now.
>>
>>49668819

This is what /tg/ thinks of MTG fiction. Mary Sue ridden, poorly written, no respect for what has come before and just desperate fanservice

And then they whine about the "tumblrverse" comiting the above crimes.
>>
>>49680318
We literally do none of that here.

P.S. Get some shorts that aren't thigh high.
>>
>>49676498
I'm not really sure what their culture is like yet. I'm still working through it. All I know for sure is I want them to be even more diverse than humans, inherently chaotic, but not inherently evil. I'm tempted to make them the dominant mortal race.
>>
>>49681709
well, while that horn display suggests more civility than the others, you could introduce chaotic aspects to a civil culture by making it a culture of artists and warriors, battlefield painters whose diverse nature is defined as differences in philosophies as to why art and war is good and why they are best together.
Like Purphoros of Theros, valuing beauty and strength, chaotic favoritism without savagery.
>>
>>49681807
That's a baddass idea. I'm totally using it. It fits the artistic and creative theme of the plane, too.
>>
>>49677019
The real issue is how does Domo even hurt the tree really? To stand a chance he really had to be up against any of the non-monstrous opponents left. I don't think this is even close to be honest.
>>
>>49677019
Could someone post their flakesheets itt? Drive is acting up for me for some reason.
>>
>>49680068
This is a better argument than the previous one.
>>
>>49682202
It's the same argument as the previous one with slightest different wording.
>>
>>49682248
You're not wrong, but that "slightest different wording" is elaboration, which makes the entire argument better.
>>
>>49682690
Elaboration that's unneeded for a point as obvious as that.
>>
>>49682726
Apparently not, because someone bothered to ask.
>>
>>49682791
They're the one at fault.
>>
>>49682802
Actually, when writing, it is always the writer's fault if they do not convey their point clearly to the reader. This is why non-academic writing is generally done in very simple terms, while academic writing covers for its use of unfamiliar terminology through explanation.
>>
>>49677019
That mono-green battle, tho'.

Probably the guy whose skin is like bark, and therefore not so easy to damage with arrows.
However, this might be somewhat mitigated by the impeccable aim of the archer; if a treefolk has weak spots, they can probably be shot at.
>>
>>49680063
>that mumakil
THAT STILL ONLY COUNTED AS ONE!
>>
Am I too late to talk about how Tamiyo apparently has always had a husband and multiple kids?
>>
>>49684485
>and multiple kids?
They must have been breeding like, well, rabbits.

>We will never have a Wallace and Gromit Planeswalking duo.
Shame really.
>>
>>49684485
one of which is a tiny mousey
>>
>>49684515
>>49684508
It just seems kind of odd.

I guess it'd make sense if she sparked after the marriage/kids though.
>>
>>49684485
Where was this confirmed?
>>
>>49684560
last UR

she has a husband and like 3 kids, and then she adopted a rat kid too
>>
>>49684560
oh also narset apparently comes by all the time to share dragon stories with tamiyo

so that's cool, i guess
>>
>>49684580
Does she bring Sarkhan along to provide...visual aids*, as it were?

*Read: he turns into a dragon and provides Dragon Noises on demand.
>>
>>49684603
And the kids use him as a big scaly climbing frame.
>>
>>49684603
sarkhan wasn't mentioned

Theros happened between 8-6 months ago, and original innistrad happened "sometime last year" as of 6 months ago.
>>
we dead yet?
>>
>>49686457
Nah, only my hopes and dreams.
>>
>>49686522
I feel that's all, then we're doing good.
>>
>>49684649
>Theros happened between 8-6 months ago

I hate this so much. As far as I'm concerned, Theros was three years ago, and no one, not even WOTC can convince me otherwise.
>>
>>49687518
So do you think all of the events just happen in "real time"?
>>
>>49687544
Of course, don't you know. The eldrazi were eating Zendikar for SIX years.
Enough time for the events of Scars, Innistrad 1, RtR, Theros, and Khans/Dragons of Tarkir
>>
>>49687544
Well, obviously I was being a bit silly, but I dislike the idea of shoving all these events together into a relatively smaller time frame. It just doesn't "feel" right. To us, Theros was years ago, so to have the characters talking about it like it was six months ago is a bit of a disconnect. Having things take up more time and have more time between them makes it feel like the events that are occurring are more important and weighty. For example, the fact that the time between Innistrad and SOI was only a matter of months really makes all the events of Avacyn Restored look completely pointless in hindsight. I mean, you might as well have just left it the way it was if everything was only going to be un-fucked for under a year. Thinking of things in real time also makes the events seem more important as they unfold, too. I mean, in the logic of the lore, how long was Emrakul even on Innistrad? A week? Less than that? I mean, sure, those are some pretty awful days, but it really makes it seem cheap when it's so brief.
>>
>>49687799
I think the situation with the Eldrazi on Zendikar is a lose/lose. Either you make up a reason for these unstoppable god-beings to take over half a decade to eat a planet, or you pretend that the past six years were really just one year (or whatever tiny amount of time can work with the power level of Ulamog). I don't like either of these. In a perfect world, Wizards would introduce storylines and then resolve them within the same block, but Rise of the Eldrazi is a well-documented anomaly.
>>
>>49687829
>but it really makes it seem cheap when it's so brief.
How?

>I mean, you might as well have just left it the way it was if everything was only going to be un-fucked for under a year.
>Hey guys don't bother with the violent monsters around here! There'll just be another one in a few months!
Not to mention that they have no way of knowing that.

Zendikar to BfZ was like what, a few weeks or months or something? And the plane was dying pretty quickly. BfZ was fucking dog shit narrative-wise but if the eldrazi were roaming around for 5.5 years zendikar would just be flat dead.
>>
>>49687518
holy shit it's been three years since Theros.
>>
>>49687859
You smash it down to one year and it reads better on the eldrazi's end, since 2/3rds of them nearly ate a plane as healthy as zendikar despite everything up to and including THE PLANET ITSELF trying to fight them off.

Especially since Emrakul implies that they're only supposed to eat dying planes like probably Equilor.
>>
>>49687879
>How?
I prefer it when the efforts that characters undertake have longer-lasting effects. It helps make the story feel more important retrospectively, rather than just having everything they worked for undone in a very small period of time. That's just what I like, though.

>Not to mention that they have no way of knowing that.
I didn't literally mean that the characters in the story should have just not bothered to do what they did, I meant that from a larger story-telling standpoint, the brief reprieve that the plane received in Avacyn Restored seems irrelevant and might as well have never happened. Again, just my opinion.
>>
>>49677019
This is how I see it. Domoyl has the following:
1) Enhanced strength and physical abilities
2) Archery
3) Tribal elves
4) Deathtouch
5) Green buff
6) And he's a hunter
7) Naturalize

Amund has the following:
1) He's a huge (larger than normal) intelligent treefolk
2) He summons elementals, golems, and other treefolk
3) He has lignify
4) It took several Lorwyn elves to take him down
5) Enchantments
6) Green buff

I think Domoyl's casting has Amund's, because he has anti-enchantment and deathtouch. He also has a lot of experience taking out larger opponents. However, Amund is no average treefolk. He's an engineered weapon from Lorwyn. He's tough. And he has buffing just like Domoyl. He could crush Domoyl. Domoyl is probably faster, though.

Damn, this fight is close. Neither of them hard counter the other. I could see them dancing circles around each other for awhile. It ultimately comes down to who makes a mistake first.

What do you think? Who would give out first?
>>
File: Gisela_Blade_of_Goldnight.jpg (58KB, 600x439px) Image search: [Google]
Gisela_Blade_of_Goldnight.jpg
58KB, 600x439px
>>49688158
AVR lasted exactly long enough for it people to think things were getting better so SOI could kick them extra hard. Unfortunately that also makes it seem even more unbelievable to me. After almost being driven to extinction the humans of Innistrad manage to overcome their entire support and religion structure turning on them, their god leading all their protectors to burn them, all while werewolves resurface, madness spreads and demons have a new kingpin.

I'm honestly surprised Innistrad survived SOI, nevermind the tentacle apocalypse that happened afterwards. Given how little time they had to recover from Dark Ascension, they really shouldn't have.
>>
>>49689711
the elf has confidence and pride
the tree has time and endurance to wait
the elf will make the first mistake, though it will take a while. Amund will be blocking each arrow with his hand, and domoyl won't realize he's made the tree a razor-edged mace-hand until it comes down on him, deathtouch poisons and all.
>>
>>49689910
Pretty much. In theory Domo can win by just avoiding forever, but he isn't well suited to killing the Tree so it'll take long enough that a mistake WILL be made eventually and when it does he will die.
>>
>>49689910
>Razor-edged mace-hand until it comes down on him, deathtouch poisons and all
>Poisons and all
>Poisons

I feel like if you've been pincushioned with poisonous arrows, some part of you is going to die or get weak, even if that just means that the bark on his hands start to wither.
>>
>>49677019

I feel like physically this is not that far off from a tolkien elf vs a tolkien ent, which is a massacre-level curb stomp to the ent.

Amund's magic also seems significantly more powerful, and not very vulnerable to Domoyl's weenie ambush tactics or his advantage against fliers.

No-contest victory to Amund, in my book.
>>
>>49690435
>Tolkien elf
That depends. What kind of Tolkien elf? Avari? Teleri? Noldor? Vanyar?

There are at least a dozen types of elves in Tolkien's mythos, and depending on which bloodline you're talking about, some of them are ridiculously powerful.

Anywho, that's another argument, since Domoyl is from Dominaria and not the Tolkien-verse.
>>
>>49677019
We should make the last round an all-girl ffa between Serena, Ussa, Gaia, and Cala. They can just have a sleepover and paint each others' nails. They'll stay up late telling horror stories and eating pop tarts while giggling like school girls.
>>
>>49690590
And then they fug
>>
>>49690590
Somebody writefag this.

>>49690605
Thirsty jackass.
>>
>>49690590
>Gaia slits their throats as they are sleeping.
>>
>>49690639
What does she do with their corpses?
>>
>>49690854

>>49690605
>>
>>49690590
>Serena's horror stories are all of the bad shit that happened on Innistrad. She gets traumatized.
>Gaia tells a war story. She gets traumatized.
>Ussa tells a lewd story. Gaia gets turned on, but traumatizes Serena.
>Cala tells a more traditional horror story, and is the only person unaffected by the others' stories, and is therefore the only one who could manage to get a good night's sleep. Except that when she gets up to use the bathroom in the middle of the night, she sets the house on fire and then planeswalks away.
>>
>>49690590
>painting each others' nails

And hooves!
>>
http://pastebin.com/Bma1h2EW
>>
File: loading.png (10KB, 267x241px) Image search: [Google]
loading.png
10KB, 267x241px
Alright, nerds. Do it and post it.
>https://www.heroforge.com/load_share=41407
>>
>>49692088
Can't, they don't have serpentine bodies. When they do I'll try, but generally speaking Ka's a very specific design and will not be easy to approximate at all.
The sheer volume of stuff hero forge is capable of makes me so goddamn frustrated when I want to try something it isn't capable of.
>>
now are we dead?
>>
>>49690376
I think you guys are forgetting he's a hunter. An elven hunter. As prideful as he may be the dude knows patience and how to teack and possibly kill things greater than him through patience. Elves are like the forest, the age with the trees, and people don't get old enough to be good by being stupid.
>>
>>49689711
>it took several llorwyn elves to take him down

This is why I saw Domoyl wins. Because if nothing else, he's got more elves. All the elves. So many god damn elves amd Amund has lost to them before. They both make themselves bigger and badder but Domoyl can make Amund smaller through sheer naturalize spam, and enough death touch to not care about the big baddies.
>>
>>49693876
This is a good point. A hunter must have patience.
>>
>>49691347
That's not what happens.

>Serena tells horror stories of how Innistrad got fugged. She gets traumatized.
>The Innistrad horror stories give Gaia a Vietnam flashback to her plane dying. She gets traumatized.
>Ussa tells a lewd story. Serena is rocking back and forth, praying to Deadacyn, too busy to notice. Gaia is shivering on the floor in the fetal position, too busy to notice. Cala is nose-deep in a good book, too busy to notice. Ussa gets traumatized because no one gets turned on.
>Cala finishes her book and reaches for another one. She's out of books. She gets traumatized.
>>
>>49694343
>Gaia builds a blanket fort, calls it her plane, and says no one else is allowed in it. She goes to sleep at the center, hugging a pillow and covered in blankets.
>>
Alright flakers. I need you to post the flakesheets of your last created flake so that I can make the collage.
>>
File: 0Bwl7IuoVRkFxTVVvUnFlV2hqdEU.png (1MB, 1562x1443px) Image search: [Google]
0Bwl7IuoVRkFxTVVvUnFlV2hqdEU.png
1MB, 1562x1443px
>>49694451
>>
>>49694415
>Will makes a surprise visit. He tears her for down, dumps a bucket of cold water on her face, flips everyone the bird and leaves.
>everyone else is very confused.
>>
>>49694485
Thank you very much.
>>
>>49694534
>Ussa, at the sight of Gaia's soaked and hard body, finally gets turned on.
>She takes it out on Serena.
>we finally find out who has the bigger tits.
>>
File: Planeswalker Nishal.png (1MB, 1562x1302px) Image search: [Google]
Planeswalker Nishal.png
1MB, 1562x1302px
>>49694451
>>
File: Iosha flakesheet.png (1MB, 1562x1186px) Image search: [Google]
Iosha flakesheet.png
1MB, 1562x1186px
>>
>>49694794
Six months ago isn't that recent.
>>
>>49694807
I didn't read "last-created."
Iosha was created around the same time, but I recently redid her backstory so as to stop bothering someone about something that ended up being decently close to canon
>>
>>49692088
>Nishal
https://www.heroforge.com/load_config=966268
>Iosha
https://www.heroforge.com/load_config=966284
>>
File: Forpols_The_Friendly_Fungus.jpg (1020KB, 1562x1186px) Image search: [Google]
Forpols_The_Friendly_Fungus.jpg
1020KB, 1562x1186px
>>49694451
>>
Probably going to make another flake here soon. Not too sure what I want it to be though. Do we have any flakes purely devoted to lightning?
>>
>>49692088
https://www.heroforge.com/load_config=966500
What a fun little thing to play with.
>>
File: RW Serena Template.png (88KB, 183x419px) Image search: [Google]
RW Serena Template.png
88KB, 183x419px
>>49694451
I made this when Gaia said she was gonna do the last one.
>>
>>49692088
I did a thing.
https://www.heroforge.com/load_config=966557
>>
File: New Ussa Kinksheet.png (1MB, 1562x1406px) Image search: [Google]
New Ussa Kinksheet.png
1MB, 1562x1406px
>>49694451
>>
File: Kolya Aggelos.png (1MB, 1562x1186px) Image search: [Google]
Kolya Aggelos.png
1MB, 1562x1186px
>>49694451

Old one, but he's my last. Still working on my new flake.
>>
>>49692088
https://www.heroforge.com/load_config=966682
>these were the biggest tits they had
>no hooves option
Pathetic.
>>
Had to readjust levels because I'm shitty at that stuff.
>>
File: 20161008_151752.jpg (1MB, 1600x1210px) Image search: [Google]
20161008_151752.jpg
1MB, 1600x1210px
>>49694451

Fuckkkk, I keep messing things up. Here.
>>
>>49698262
Ussa legitimately disgusts me.
>>
>>49698909
Well it's a slow day, tell us why.

In fact, is anyone annoyed or disgusted by any flake?
>>
>>49698931
Her proportions are a huge turnoff. And her personality annoys me. Her character is entirely uninteresting, and literally just exists for smut. That is all her personality is; fucking. There is no substance. And her tits are literally too large to exist by far. I prefer proportions on my women.
>>
File: Kaya.png (2MB, 1562x1186px) Image search: [Google]
Kaya.png
2MB, 1562x1186px
>>49694451
What collage, by the way?
>>
>>49698964
>too large to exist by far

Everything else is your opinion, but saying that her tits are too large to exist is wrong. I based her proportions off of a real model.
>>
File: rezana_kink.png (2MB, 1562x1406px) Image search: [Google]
rezana_kink.png
2MB, 1562x1406px
>>49698964
I'm just not a huge fan of RFA's prose. Phrases like "jiggling mounds of titanic titflesh" really don't do it for me in smut.

>>49694451
Hella.
>>
>>49699037
>Too huge to exist naturally or without implants.
At the very least, they are far far FAR out of proportion with her body.
>>
>>49699065
Do you just find it too...I don't know, flowery? Or silly?
>>
File: received_1112977002071893.jpg (231KB, 1563x2048px) Image search: [Google]
received_1112977002071893.jpg
231KB, 1563x2048px
>>49698964
I like mine to be half robotic freaks, but I won't call your disgusting normie taste out for it.
>>49699037
...the one with balance issues, i guess.
>>
>>49699103
How about just bad.
>>
File: Ka'koarm.png (3MB, 2376x1669px) Image search: [Google]
Ka'koarm.png
3MB, 2376x1669px
>>49694451
If mine was in the last collage, should I post mine anyway?
>>
>>49699065
I like the fact that he can write "tits" in 50 different ways, even if sometimes it goes too far. Makes it less repetitive. I don't really read much smut though so don't take me for an expert here.
>>
>>49699107
>but I won't call your disgusting normie taste out for it.
Hey, anon asked. I answered.

Robot women are fine. I just like proportions. Ussa's are nasty, and her personality is her biggest turnoff.
>>
>>49699098
Why would I base a natural character's measurements off of a model with implants? If the character had implants, I would, but I doubt I'm going to be writing any characters with implants any time soon.
>>
>>49699144
Because you are a fetishist. Obviously.
>>
>>49699103
Silly. I'm of the opinion the straight-up profanity should only come out for shock impact; I avoid "cock" and "tits" etc unless referring to them crassly is deliberately heightening the mood.

But it's like salt. Food can taste oversalted or spiced to one person but taste great to the person next to them. You do you, man. I still read your stories.
>>
File: 20161008_130417.jpg (797KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
20161008_130417.jpg
797KB, 2048x1536px
>>49699131
I was just joking around anon.
Although, robot women are best.
>>
>>49699164
Ah, all right, I thought that was the angle. Yeah, that's just how I like to write because of how involved I get while I'm actually writing it. Thank you for the constructive criticism, though. I hope my stories are at least bearable even with my rude terminology.
>>
>>49699202
They're not.
>>
>>49699202
Same to you. I gotta write more lewds for the thread and get some variety going in here, but I basically subsist on praise and that Bluefingers story was fun, but barely got any attention. I'll work up the motivation again when things calm down IRL, probably.
>>
>>49699217
Jesus howard christ anon you seem like a grumpy kid character straight outta some saturday morning cartoon.
>>
>>49699107
What pretty colors.
>>
>>49699260
I tried reading that story where Ussa got tag-teamed by those cathars. It was too much. So was the one where she masturbated. After those ones, I'm done with her and with this guy's smut.
>>
>>49699284
I'll be fair, I'd wanted them to be a bit more brilliant at first but I gues that's... acceptable. Still, I'm trying for more brilliant hues in >>49699174 this one

>>49699319
It has already gotten old sis.
>>
Polls soon? Has there been enough discussion for you, Ice Anon?
>>
>>49699010
The thread's OP collage.
>>
polls when?
>>
File: Newt.jpg (691KB, 1562x1186px) Image search: [Google]
Newt.jpg
691KB, 1562x1186px
>>49694451
>>
>>49698726
I like it, nice and simple
>>
>>49702982
about an hour after we let this thread die
>>
>>49704083

Thank you so much for checking out my flake. There doesn't seem to be much interest for her, so I'll go ahead and writefag for her and see if I can get feedback on that
>>
>>49705271
like that's ever going to happen
>>
>>49705570
You won't get much feedback, because these threads are dead.
>>
>>49707666
It's the weekend. It always slow down a bit on the weekends. But, we won't let it die.
>>
I'd like to get everyone'a thoughts on this...

So, I'm making the collage and I'm debating whether or not to add in the most renown/discussed old flakes into the new OP collage.

Thoughts?
>>
>>49708152
Why not? It would save explanation time when a new flake asks about a highly discussed old flake.
>>
>>49708152
>>49708357
This is going to go swimmingly.
>>
>>49708152
I wouldn't, or people will start screaming bias
>>
>>49708555
Only the irrelevant people that don't matter because they're not represented on the collage.
>>
>>49708577
Please stop. This meme was never funny.
>>
>>49708621
No memes were posted. You are using the word 'meme' incorrectly. This isn't 9gag.
>>
>>49708645
>>49708577
>bitter.jpg
>>
>>49708845
What's bitter about saying that irrelevant individuals shouldn't be represented on the collage, which is designed in the first place to represent the content in the thread?

If the only people active in the thread are the ones that are present on the collage then the collage will be far more accurate and representative of the sort of content that the thread contains.
>>
>>49708152

The whole point of doing a new collage was cleaning it up and dusting away all the flakes who's creators are now inactive.

The most known flakes, eg Serena, Ussa etc are clearly very active. May as well include ones like that.
>>
>>49709218
This was my line of thinking.
>>
>>49711603
Nipple.
>>
>>49711624
I have 23 flakes that I'm working on for the new collage and have 5 inserts done thus far. I will try to do around 10 a day and hopefully will be finished with it by Tuesday at the latest.

I hope it turns out to everyone's liking.
>>
File: Mira.png (960KB, 1152x875px) Image search: [Google]
Mira.png
960KB, 1152x875px
>>49711624
Indeed. Let's hope it isn't pruned.

>>49694451
Finally finished it. Sorry for the delete. Saw a mistake.
>>
File: Color template.png (98KB, 478x747px) Image search: [Google]
Color template.png
98KB, 478x747px
>>49711707
Do you need this?
>>
>>49694451
Wh-What if i've only ever created 1?
>>
>>49711741
I got that and am currently using it as the bases for the inserts.

So far, the current inserts I've finished are:
Sowa
Ussa
Anuja
Sam
Nico
>>
>>49711772
Who is your 1?
>>
>>49711721
At last, my fluffy pure flakefu has a sheet.
>>
Also, if there are particular flakes that anyone thinks should be added, let me know and I'll see what I can do.
>>
File: Ushiwaka, Emrakuls Guest.png (3MB, 2114x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Ushiwaka, Emrakuls Guest.png
3MB, 2114x1600px
>>49694451
>>
Also, >>49712009 is my first flake, and I'd appreciate feedback if you haven't already given some.

I've had difficulties cramming all the concepts I wanted in the bio and cards, but that's something any eventual writefagging should fix.
>>
>>49712009
He is actually one of the flakes on my list to be inserted. I'll greatly offer my opinion of the flake when I fully read it to insert him into the collage.
>>
>>49712098
Just a heads up, this is a very slightly updated sheet, but I forgot to change the timestamp like a dumbass.
>>
File: Wystan Lehrer.png (1MB, 1562x1186px) Image search: [Google]
Wystan Lehrer.png
1MB, 1562x1186px
>>49694451
Well, I'm still active in the thread, so I guess I'll post the most recent of my five flakes.
>>
>>49711800
Not worth mentioning.
>>
Aaaand I forgot Telling Time exists. Now THERE's a time magic I should have included.
>>
>>49712184
Let me be the judge of that.
>>
>>49712337
Not that anon, but isn't never actually showing the only true way to prevent people from steeling your donut? :^)
>>
>>49712402
Steel My Nut anytime.
>>
File: HeroForgeScreenshot.png (401KB, 1920x969px) Image search: [Google]
HeroForgeScreenshot.png
401KB, 1920x969px
>>49692088
Doing one for Kaya didn't end up perfectly, but I am mostly satisfied with how the mix of tech and fantasy plays in the MtG style.
>>
>>49677019
>Round Five
What is this and where can I read it from the beginning?
>>
>>49713148
It's a grand tournament to determine which OC planeswalker is the strongest to foster discussion about them.
>>
>>49713214
>and where can I read it from the beginning
>>
>>49713275
Hahaha. No.
It's been going on for something like 30 threads, because it's not the only thing these threads are for. You can, if you so wish, comb archives for them, but I doubt people saved them.
>>
>>49713275
Nowhere. I'm the one running/keeping the records on it, but that's way too many threads worth of discussion.

If anybody has questions about what happened to certain flakes or which Flakes were in what Rounds or whatever, I can do that.

Also, if you guys are like "Ice Age, where are the polls?" the answer is "I was busy all weekend and am now just waiting until a 24-hour period can be set up that allows me to close them on time given my schedule."
>>
>>49713387
We love you Ice Age anon. Keep up the good work. Your long task is almost over.
>>
>>49713387
I dunno, I just kinda wanted to see if nobodies made it far or if Serena wins lol.
>>
>>49713469
Do you count Amund, Ivander, Cala, Domoyl, and Ka'Koarm as nobodies since their anons don't namefag?
>>
>>49713567
Ka'koarm anon here, I am a nobody
>>
>>49713567
I count Snowflakes that were fired and then basically never mentioned again. So, I mean, kinda?
>>
>>49714195
Amund and Ivander kinda sorta fit that criteria. There were some others that made it to round 4, but I can't remember which ones.
>>
>>49713567
Ka-anon namefags sometimes.
>>
>>49712009

Good work on implementing feedback from previous thread. Time rift crisis is a great way to tie in experience with such magic
>>
>>49715820
Actually, I don't
I've never used a name in this thread. If you think I have, you recall wrong.
>>
>>49711707
neat, I hope
>>
>>49713387
Does that mean we're getting the polls tonight?
>>
>>49716855

Sometimes I wish there was a better place to do all of this than /tg/
>>
File: Thrun, the Last Troll.jpg (32KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Thrun, the Last Troll.jpg
32KB, 223x310px
>>49677019
>>49676548
Polls.
>>
I hope Domoyl loses. I find him rather uninteresting
>>
>>49717108
you tried, and that's what matters
>>
>>49717108
>>49717216
I am. Sort of a dork sometimes.
http://www.strawpoll.me/11400269

24 hours. Starting now.
>>
File: Mysel Banik.png (1MB, 1562x1186px) Image search: [Google]
Mysel Banik.png
1MB, 1562x1186px
I made a new flake.

What happens when you make someone Rakdos, but they're not off their goddamned rocker quite all of the time? Maybe something like this.

Also, tried to do so a very unusual niche.
>>
File: Mysel Banik.png (1MB, 1562x1186px) Image search: [Google]
Mysel Banik.png
1MB, 1562x1186px
>>49718028
Whoops. Forgot to timestamp.
>>
>>49718043
"What's he doing on Kaladesh?" you might ask.

"Sneaking about taking resources," is one answer.
"Looking for new drill tech," is another.
>>
>>49717023
That would imply there was another place
and that you aren't here forever
>>
File: CuYkaWtVYAASuxV.jpg (127KB, 818x1200px) Image search: [Google]
CuYkaWtVYAASuxV.jpg
127KB, 818x1200px
>>
>>49718028
>>49718043
>drills
>red
>no heaven piercing
fucking shameful display, -4/10 get the fuck out of here.
>>
>>49718172
I thought about it, but wanted to play it straight.

Also, for a style of mage that appeared in both Ravnica blocks, they sure as hell didn't give us very many drill cards. What the fuck, Wizards?
>>
File: Tashar.png (2MB, 1856x1454px) Image search: [Google]
Tashar.png
2MB, 1856x1454px
>>49694451
Guess who's back from the GP!
its me, and i'm still a failure
>>
>>49718043
>>49718121
He is obviously there to steal the biggest of vehicles with his hacking drill device. I for one welcome the Mtg Gurren Dan.
>>
>>49715972
Thank.
>>
I can't wait to see who's fighting in the next round. It's time for a girl fight.
>>
So, I'm new to thia whole flake thing. I get that you're making your own speshul planeswalkers. But here is my question.

Among the flakes, who is your Bolas, your Ugin, Your Sorin, your Gatewatch, etc?
>>
>>49721170
Respectively, Vronak, Gaia, Serena, Cala-Ussa-Murdock-Praea-Ka'koarm.
>>
>>49721170
Off the top of my head, Aeon or Will is probably Nicol B because of their trolling nature, Gaia is probably Ugin because of her obsession with balance, I'm not sure who our Sorin is. Our Innistrad crew is the Gatewatch (Serena, Venn, Revas, etc). Nishal is Ajani and Elspeth combined. Messenger is our Karn. Those are the ones I grabbed without looking. I'm sure there are more parallels.
>>
>>49721285
Cala is the Tibalt that doesn't suck.
>>
>>49721346
Truth.

Who is the Urza? I.e., the autistic oldwalker artificer?
>>
>>49721349
Actually if Vronak is Nicol B then Will is Urza on the grounds of time and colorless autism.
>>
>>49721366
Why is Vronak Nicol B? Is it because he's a troll? How is he obsessed with knowledge, power, and regaining his former strength? I thought he just went around doing basically whatever. In that sense, he is Sorin.
>>
>>49721391
Vronak's actually a pretty decent guy. Any trolling's ended and he's taken on the responsibility of handling the flakesheet/collage/snowstorm since Gaia's passed on the mantle, after months of dutifully maintaining the collage himself.
>>
>>49721563
I hate you.

And we're talking about flakes, not anons.
>>
>>49721603
Well, the Vronak flake isn't a troll, he's a human.
>>
Vronak seemed more like Garruk to me.
>>
>>49721634

I think Garruk is Domoyl or one of the other planeswalker hunters.
>>
>>49721563
1) We're talking about flakes.
2) Gaia anon is a woman.
3) Vronak anon is only doing the collage. Ice Age anon is handling the tourny and Leon anon handles the repo.
4) Gaia anon never maintained the collage herself. She only did one collage update. The rest was done by another anon. She only maintained the repo.

Stop trolling. Please.
>>
File: Ushiwaka the Trespasser.jpg (143KB, 750x1056px) Image search: [Google]
Ushiwaka the Trespasser.jpg
143KB, 750x1056px
Can I be the Sorin?
>>
>>49721713
I'll stop trolling when you stop trying to rewrite history.
>>
>>49721778
Give us your argument as to why your flake should be the Sorin?
>>
>>49721800
Alright, here goes. Both he and Sorin don't really care about individuals or their opinions at all, except those close to them. Both have this arrogance and overconfidence about them that comes with having been an oldwalker. Both only ever drop what they are doing if there is an existential threat running around or if someone's messing with their shit. Both never explain anything to anyone and expect them to try and keep up unsuccessfully.

The only big difference is that Sorin sits on his ass and is a generally private dude, but Ushiwaka treats invasion of privacy and uncovering secrets as his favorite hobbies.
>>
>>49721262
>Sorin
>Serena
Is this bait? Explain.
>>
>>49722982
He probably mistook Sorin for Nahiri.
>>
>>49722982
Because Serena is the worst just like Sorin :^).
>>
>>49668819
Cab we use a pic from Orgins or a card unrelated to a named entity if our own ability is lacking?
>>
>>49723489
I have never done my own art, for any character I've made. I just don't claim to have done them.
>>
>>49723029

lol what's with this bitterness?

Serena is fine, other than not enough downsides to the rage to resist emrakul.

Serena Anon on the other hand has previously had a habit of switching between past and present tense in writefaggotry, though.

I still read it, but other than the tense it's still a more consistent voice than garbage Chris from Release
>>
>>49723720
>:^)
Anon was joking, m8
>>
>>49723776
Don't bother. Any sly jibe or playful correction is nothing more than highly malicious trolling.

People are a bit too highly strung in this thread.
>>
>>49721618
Words of Wisdom.
>>
>>49721285
I see Æon more like Urza. He makes poor choices at trying to save everything. And does so with pizzazz and destructive force.
>>
>>49723883
Have you seen the last few threads? Waves of vitriol, etc. Takes a while to take things in jest again
>>
File: SPACE.png (117KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
SPACE.png
117KB, 223x311px
>>49723720
>Serena is fine, other than not enough downsides to the rage to resist emrakul.
I've always figured that a spark assisted in resisting Eldrazi, based on a few things but most notably Spatial Contortion. If Serena was the same character but lacked a spark she'd have succumbed back in SOI with the rest of her flight. At least, that's how I see it.

>Serena Anon on the other hand has previously had a habit of switching between past and present tense in writefaggotry, though.
Don't I know it, it's by far the thing I struggle with the most in writing.

>Chris from Release
Who?
>>
>>49724280

I didn't mean she needed more justification for resisting, just that more downsides would be interesting. It's an opportunity for conflict, so a chance for a character to do problem solving.

Also, https://www.linkedin.com/in/chrisletoile

He wrote two of the Kaladesh stories, Homesick and Release. Writing Prose is not his thing, and WotC keeps asking him to do stuff
>>
>>49721262
>Ussa as part of a Gatewatch
That would not work.
>>
>>49721262
What the hell is that color representation supposed to be for a Gatewatch? Is there even any white in there?
>>
File: Serena Last of Goldnight.jpg (43KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Serena Last of Goldnight.jpg
43KB, 375x523px
>>49725403
Ah.

I think the issue is I wanted to interact with other flakes but that couldn't have Serena being a gibbering mess all the time. I think I've done a good job of representing that in cards more than in writing, pic related is a card I use for a custom game type I play with a group on discord based on Vanguard.

If I ever get around to writing the fallout of the Battle of Thraben you'll be more likely to see downsides. She deals with loss by hoping things will get better. When Avacyn went mad she just told herself that it would resolve itself, Avacyn would come to her sense. When Avacyn died she told herself it would be okay as long she could return and assist the angel with the clean up. When Emrakul arrived and turn all the angels into monsters she came close to losing it but after talking to Revas she convinced herself that if Emrakul was defeated the angels would go back to normal. Regardless of whether they do or not, Gisela is dead and she's not going to deal with finding that out well at all.
>>
>>49725811
>forced color representation
>>
>>49725811
The only thing I agree with on that anon's list is that Gaia corresponds to Ugin. I wonder what it would be like if the two of them sad down to a nice cup of tea and a philosophical chat?
>>
>>49725884
>That card formatting
How does that game work?
>>
File: Viktoria Archmage of Herons.jpg (45KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Viktoria Archmage of Herons.jpg
45KB, 375x523px
>>49726017
Are you familiar with vanguard? Top left is the level, that's what it's balanced for, fighting other level 2s, ironically the mono W Serena is a 3 despite being weaker in fluff. The colours determine what your deck can contain, like in commander, it's also a 60 card singleton format using modern legal cards. The bottom left number is starting life, the bottom right is starting/maximum hand size, so Serena's ability is balanced so that she does not need more or less cards or life, while her white version gets less life because she has life gain built in.

Apart from that the card just exists on the table like an emblem. Here's another example I made.
>>
>>49725941
>blah blah blah neutrality blah blah blah balance blah blah blah damn kids...
>>
>>49717253
Damn. They've been tied all throughout the day.
>>
>>49727950
Does anyone have the last updated OP collage saved?
>>
>>49728724
Gaia should have the last one he updated next time you see him post here.
>>
File: New Flake Sheet Part 1.jpg (6MB, 1801x5825px) Image search: [Google]
New Flake Sheet Part 1.jpg
6MB, 1801x5825px
>>49728724
>>
File: Johanna Archmage of Moonsilver.jpg (45KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Johanna Archmage of Moonsilver.jpg
45KB, 375x523px
>>49726207
This is my favourite one though, dank monoW delirium nonsense. I made an entire archmage cycle for it, even made one for Brisela.
>>
>>49730214

Holy shit.

Thank God Vronak has stepped up to update this shit.

Also, how to contact flake authors for collab writefagging?
>>
>>49732253
Ask for them itt. Most of them have left, but a lot of them remain. Who did you have in mind?
>>
>>49732253
In the thread. Or in that Steam group that supposedly exists.
>>
>>49732284
It exists. "MTG Flakes Waifus and Lore".
>>
You guys excited? This match-up ends shortly, and then the third battle gets revealed.

Which means that any of you clever enough to remember who all is still in will immediately know how the Round will close out.
>>
>>49732707
I'm hyped. Just sayin'. I eagerly await the next round.
>>
>>49732707
>inb4 gaia bickering
>>
>>49732282

Anyone active, but also other artificers in particular. Navigating through the repo can be a bitch if you're just browsing
>>
>>49732819
Nishal anon is still around. He has an artificer named Iosha from Esper.
>>
>>49732819
I'm always around, but my artificer is Remes.
And he's more likely to steal your things than get along with you.
>>
File: Round Five Battle Three.png (1MB, 1295x983px) Image search: [Google]
Round Five Battle Three.png
1MB, 1295x983px
>>49677019
>>49717253
In the close battle for survival of the fittest between Ka'Koarm and Ivander, the winner is...

>Amund

The third match-up of Round Five will now begin!
The competitors are...

>Cala
https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0Bwl7IuoVRkFxVnRUVzNYZHF5Tkk?tid=0Bwl7IuoVRkFxUDZRVGVfQ1BDbm8
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bwl7IuoVRkFxUmJBOFM2ZXpHT1E/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0Bwl7IuoVRkFxYUxnMVhuN0p4QWM?tid=0Bwl7IuoVRkFxUDZRVGVfQ1BDbm8

Cala defeated the following Flakes over the course of the Ice Age:
>Round One: Laurela
>Round Two: Horo Kumohiro
>Round Three: Argyle
>Round Four: Talo'ara and Vanya

>Ussa
https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0Bwl7IuoVRkFxTWVBMmQ0YUhkdTQ?tid=0Bwl7IuoVRkFxUDZRVGVfQ1BDbm8
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bwl7IuoVRkFxYXU5eG05bmtxR0k/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0Bwl7IuoVRkFxb0QyRkp0RTVOT1E?tid=0Bwl7IuoVRkFxUDZRVGVfQ1BDbm8

Ussa defeated the following Flakes over the course of the Ice Age:
>Round One: Cadros
>Round Two: Ygraine
>Round Three: Kinrakar
>Round Four: Bavara and venn

The third battle of the Quarterfinals begins...
DISCUSS!
>>
>>49732927
>Copy/pasted
>Fixed everything except the first line

Good job, me.
Amund and Domoyl fought. You all know that.
I'm gonna go get some sleep.
>>
>>49732927
>Ussa corrupting Cala
>Gaia "traumatizing" Serena
My dream has come true. You've made me a happy anon.
>>
>>49733076
>Horde of devils VS pheromones
I don't think that ends the way that you think that it does.
>>
>>49732927
>Cala goes wild off the bat by starting things with devils.
>It's not enough to push Ussa over, but she's slow to handle sudden combat.
>The fight draws out and Cala storm combos Ussa's brain on fire.

I think this isn't that hard.
>>
>>49733134
Have we ever actually seen what Cala or Ussa are capable of? Could their anons clarify the extent of their power?
>>
>>49732927
Time for the horned girls to fight.

Ussa's dumb sex stuff is probably irrelevant here. It basically just comes down to whether or not Cala can get her spell engines up and running in time to either stop Ussa from bringing out the huge stompers, or find ways to handle them. Red/Blue isn't the worst color combo to fight giant green creatures, but the most effective tools for that are bounce and counterspells, which don't seem to be Cala's focus. Personally, I don't think U/R is fast enough to stop Ussa from taking over the game, and doesn't have quite the right tools to deal with larger threats, so I'd give this to Ussa. I'm sure it's shocking to all of you that I've come to that conclusion.
>>
>>49733330
I guess ussa deserves one more win before she has to fight a bunch of fucking monsters.
>>
>>49732927
>>49733275
Remes/Cala/Jakrol/Winifred/Wyston/Mysel-Anon here Yes, Mysel is mine. First flake I've made since July.

To start with, Cala's primary thing is thought-based magic. This isn't your conventional mind-rape mill, but rather comes in the form of "draw cards" types of spells.

After becoming a half-devil, her style twisted a bit to include red spells that draw a bit more chaotically. In addition to this, she gained an affinity for summoning devils and pyromancy. It also widened her interest in spells to include those that could be used for more mischievous purposes such as Muddle the Mixture and Inside Out.

In a fight, she's likely to just do lots of little things like call devils or use fire to keep you from getting too out of hand while she starts analyzing you and thinking of how to solve the fight. Which she does RAPIDLY, and even more so the longer that the fight has her attention. None of her weapons are too big, but if you give her too much time, she'll basically find a way to UR combo you out, like with Ignite Memories.
>>
>>49732927
Obligatory, because it tends to be ignored:

>https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bwl7IuoVRkFxbFVNc2lWNUl2NnM/view?usp=sharing

>Partially due to her generally nonaggressive nature (outside the bedroom), Ussa can be a bit slow on the uptake in a magical duel. Unless she specifically knows what to be prepared for, chances are she won’t be ready for a highly aggressive strategy.

Interpret the whole thing how you will, but let it be known that Ussa is not good a the start of the fight.
>>
>>49733421
Ok, now can you explain her abilities without card mechanics? Y'know, use lore? Explain how she is able to come up with solutions so quickly. Is it part of her history?
>>
>>49733466
So, her thing is thought magic, right? She uses blue magic to accelerate her learning process and get new ideas.

The devil influence created a red splash that metaphorically burns through ideas even faster. The downside is that it made her somewhat flighty; unless she has a reason to be serious or she's got her nose in a book, she's bad at keeping focus on anything for very long.

As for the card mechanics, I like to draw parallels. The cards aren't literal, but flavor-wise they are excellent examples of how she operates. I marked UR Storm on her sheet as a "preferred deck" with the imagined idea that after loading her "hand" up with a complicated equation of spells, she would unload them all in a calculated way that is punctuated with something that would equal your loss by feeding off of the lingering effects or power of the other spells.
>>
>>49733421
>>49733466
Not him, but it sounds like she does a more benign/less extreme version of what an Izzet character did in the lore article for the Simic card "Experiment One"

For those that don't remember the article, a Simic researcher was saying he admired an Izzet girl because she used magic to basically super activate her brain. She sped through it and basically burnt it out, but for that moment she thought with speeds rivaling a super computer.

It sounds like this is exactly what Cala does, but Cala does it in smaller controlled bursts. This would mean that when Cala starts thinking, stuff starts seeming slow, since she's firing off faster than what's natural. Expect her eyes to twitch around quickly as she absorbs and processes information. Even if she's not moving faster, which she might be because "literally a half devil", she's thinking faster than most of us can imagine.

Then gets frustrated and drops a handful of burn and devils faster than necessary. I want to give this one to Cala.
>>
>>49733275
Ussa is basically as Green as a Green Planeswalker can get. Ramp into huge things that crush. If you want some lore behind it, Ussa ignited when she was very young and spent as much time as she could on Shandalar, where the mana is notably powerful. That's essentially where she grew up, and spending her formative years saturated with green mana is responsible for several aspects of her character, including the power of her summoning and mana-ramp spells. I also like to think of her as being very resistant to offensive mind-based magic (think discard effects), due to a few early incidents in her life as a Planeswalker prompting her to be extra vigilant in that regard. But that's not really relevant in this match-up.
>>
>>49733577
I'm taking this post as the canon one because >>49733568 leaves something to be desired.
>>
>>49733275
Also, goodness gracious, what? I gave everyone a taste ages ago when I wrote this thing here:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1FW9j8HFNaKK6OTA18OMCb4y07CmFDwEUzGQi3nw8cPY/edit

I meant to do these little character introduction stories for more of my Flakes, but only Remes and Cala actually got one. You know, stuff that demonstrates what they're like in their everyday lives, rather than in the crazy stuff that happens in some of the story collaborations where the conflict is higher.
>>
>>49734620
New thred soon?
>>
NEW THREAD

>>49736297
>>49736297
>>49736297

NEW THREAD
Thread posts: 323
Thread images: 49

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.