[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/srg/ - Shadowrun General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 324
Thread images: 56

...Identity Spoofed
...Encryption Keys Generated
...Connected to Onion Routers
>>>Login: *********
>>>Enter Passcode: *********
...Biometric Scan Confirmed
Connected to SeattleNet...

>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
>Last Viewed Files: >>49697191
>Dangers and Treachery: Secret Societies.trid
>Bug Spirits among us?.sim
>Headcases: Will DEUS rise again?.trid
>Dragons.knwsft

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: ņΨ (222222222% Positive)
* You have 1 new private message, titled ''
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked https://github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage: http://pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running IWantToBeLIEve.BTL...

>Shoot straight
>Conserve ammo
>And never, ever cut a deal with a dragon

Conspiracy edition
>>
>>49727568
Don't these start with a opening question?
>>
>>49727619
Are tables of contents and functioning indexes too much to ask for?
>>
So how do I play Shadowrun with a better system like Dungeon World? I've been looking at the Shadowrun system and is the problem with all pre-Koebel RPGs, in that it does not focus on the fiction which is of course the most prominent and important aspect of a roleplaying game. Any game that does not prioritize the fiction first worldview cannot hope to succeed in the new world of RPGs.

So I am curious, per chance, if there is a book about Shadowrun lore that does not contain any of the RPG's distasteful, antiquated, obsolete mechanics? And a way that I can adapt it to use the Dungeon World mechanics for faster storytelling and better roleplaying? I think a game like Shadowrun about a grim future world ruled by evil corporations would be particularly suited for a game like Dungeon World whose mechanics force hard choices inherently. I just don't see any reason to continue playing this outdated system, but perhaps the denizens of this archaic RPG can enlighten me on its appeal.
>>
>>49727697
Here's a (You) for your efforts, but next time make the bait less obvious.
>>
>>49727619
Chummer, Opening questions is what THEY do
you're not one of THEM, are you?
>>
File: 1423064886077.png (269KB, 1394x512px) Image search: [Google]
1423064886077.png
269KB, 1394x512px
>>49727697
>>
>>49727697
Gurps.

>>49727753
What? No, of course not.
*sips from I-Am-Not-A-Corp mug*
Don't be silly.
>>
>>49727845

No, GURPS is the same kind of system that the roleplaying world does not need more of.

> overcomplicated stats
> moves that do not reflect the fiction
> autistic algebra equations just to derive basic character traits
> overabundance of modifiers
> highly lethal game play that does not encourage characters to take dramatic risks
> autistic combat rules that focus too much on realism which is NOT the focus of a roleplaying game. Ever. Period. Deal with it.

So yeah, GURPS doesn't work. I can see the inferior intellects I am dealing with here, though, so perhaps I should seek suggestions elsewhere. If only you people knew ten percent of what roleplaying games could be, but by burying your head in the sand and ignoring the progress in RPG design, you are squandering any hope of experiencing that.
>>
Okay, lads, as part of some houseruling, my group and I are trying to figure out how to deal with trolls and elves. As is, they're good enough at their niche that they're basically the best choice, but shit otherwise.

I'm considering lowering their base/maximums slightly and slashing their costs considerably more. Like 2/7 Charisma for the elf, 3/9 Strength for trolls, something like that. I'm trying to discourage overspecialization and make them cheap enough to play. One of my players doesn't think that lowering the caps is needed to discourage overspecialization, since he says that elves barely break even being faces, and any melee guy depends a lot more on drugs, ware, and/or powers than on metatype.

So, /srg/, if I'm trying to make elves and trolls more generally playable, should I lower their caps at all? How much? How much cheaper should they be?
>>
>>49727878
Gurps has a splat for that.
>>
>>49727919
if you want to make them more playable (and I assume you mean ORKS and trolls), simply make the karma cost treat their minimum as 1
because that is what hurts them. A troll makes a better face than a sammy, simply because his physical stats cost so damn much
the cost of raising their STR from 5 to 6 is 30 karma
raising STR to 7 then costs another 35 karma.
for that cost(75 karma) they can raise their CHA to 4 AND another mental stat to 3 instead
>>
>>49727926

So would Dungeon World, with far less effort.
>>
>>49728070
>Charisma for the elf
>I assume you mean ORKS
No, I don't. As far as I know orks and dwarfs are fine. And I already use that as a standard houserule in Chummer. So is that all that's needed to put them on the same level as humans?
>>
>>49728155
I have frankly never heard that elves have it worse than humans, so I can't really understand your problem
But yeah, that should fix it
>>
>>49727697
>weak b8

This is pathetic.

/stg/ is pathetic. This is not "good old" /stg/, this general is drier than ever. Just look at the current shitposting. There's almost nothing noteworthy or interesting to read or comedic.

Why does this even go on? Oooh, I poast aother funneh-sounding b8-type item! I use :^) because its so funny and YOU GOT DUBS AGAIN NICE. Even though this guy's post was hilarious and promoted interaction, he said the word "fuck" in it so I'm just going to respond with "rude gb2 >>>/leddit/" that'll show him and improve the quality of this board! I think I'll post another "maymay" because it's so funny right??? LOL I changed the spelling of a word to add the letters 'lel' or 'kek' in them haha. Or maybe I'll just make a retarded one-word reply like "pel", because that adds so much quality to this great board. LET'S JUST KEEP REPEATING THE SAME SHIT OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER LOL HE POSTED TOPLELKEKDOGE!!!!

I've been here since the evening of March 31st, 2014, and it's astounding to see the rate at which this board degraded from something interesting that made me laugh to this utter garbage.

You're not shitposting, you're just posting shit.
>>
>>49728260
>/stg/
?
>>
File: 1379433670487.jpg (64KB, 1137x396px) Image search: [Google]
1379433670487.jpg
64KB, 1137x396px
>>49728260
lol
>>
>>49728132
Nah, Gurps HAS, you said would.
This is why your game is inferior. Bow.
>>
>>49728260
fix you s4s copypasta next time omae
>>
File: 1423555036231.jpg (4MB, 8100x6372px) Image search: [Google]
1423555036231.jpg
4MB, 8100x6372px
>>49728260
>>
So chummers, whats up with all the bait recently and how is this a Corp conspiracy?
>>
>>49728399
>how is this a Corp conspiracy?
Probably something to do with Aztechnology, because when GOOD bait comes around it usually gets the blood boiling.
>>
>>49728457
Nah, Horizon's the PR lot.
>>
>>49728457
I'd bet Horizon, personally. They're trying to make it look that way.

One step ahead, anon
>>
>>49728070
If you're doing in karmagen, you need to keep in mind that a human's paying around 171.5 karma to get to be about the same as a troll with str 6. And the troll's only payed 120 karma, and no essence.

Now if you did it in one of the other methods and are buying up from there, well, you obviously didn't build the guy with being a melee powerhouse in mind.
>>
I want to play a runner that is so fanatically loyal to a corp that the corp actively tries to distance themselves from said runner.

No, we do not habe anything to do with the guy yelling our praises while shooting up our rivald
>>
>>49728586
A few threads ago it was suggested a runner team comprised entirely of Corp individuals who are undercover and dont realize the other runners are also corp.

Would be fun.

Also no corp would distance themselves from a loyal fanatic, willingly disposable assets are valuable. They'd probbably just get you a job at corp sec.
>>
>>49728586
>I want to play a runner that is so fanatically loyal to a corp
Wouldn't that be corpsec--
>the rest
Oh. Try... Brand Loyalty, Wanted, and Distinctive Style?
>>
>>49728638
If corporates are willing to hire him, that just means he isn't a big enough PR disaster yet.
Need to ram more busses full of explosives into corporate facilities, I guess.

>>49728674
Might work. Also a large focus on demolitions.
>>
>>49728781
Bear in mind Aztechnology and the Japanacorps have plenty of ways for someone who will give their life up for the corp to do exactly that.
>>
>>49728781
>If corporates are willing to hire him, that just means he isn't a big enough PR disaster yet.
I bet the other corps love pretending they're his corp and hiring him to do shit.

Also, unrelated, but are pixies actually balanced?
>>
>>49728806
well, he probably wouldn't be aztechnology.
I haven't decided what corp to choose, yet, honestly.
>>
>>49728586

I can't see many runners working with someone like this. Only the desperate and the insane.

Corps also have a reputation for dealing with the sources of bad PR directly, often violently (though discretely of course). If a character like yours was a corporate citizen you'd have been hauled in for extensive therapy and reeducation. If you're an outsider then they'd probably just try to have you killed. You may want to work that into your backstory in some way, or the GM could make a plot out of it.
>>
>>49728936
Your runner team might be hired by your corp to kill you.

And they probably will.
>>
>>49728981
>>49728936
This is a good ending for a mad corporate drone.

Either that or suicide bombing.
>>
Question thread:
Do you think of how your runner should die when you make them?
I often do.
The crab wizard? seagulls.
Mad medibot? Basement supersoldier gone wild. Or pitchfork mob.
The toxic gas man? Left without gear in an idyllic sunny meadow.
>>
>>49729061
Not every run is a case of 10 little indians. You can just die in combat, by sacrifice, or by treachery.
>>
>>49729141
Well, yeah. Hence should, and not will.
>>
>>49729153
Well not every runner should be killed by 10 little indians.
>>
>>49729186
Ideally, at least one should be pretty big, although Bio or Cyber doesn't need to be involved.

The guy could just lift or something.
>>
It really feels like there are a ton of adept powers that are overcost in the game. You get some sweet spot stuff like combat sense, but then you see shit like pain transfer, improved physical attribute, iron will and a slew of others, and it feels like an essence loss is the way smarter way to go to get some things.
>>
>>49727878
I bet you hate the Rainbow Six games as well
>>
>>49727878
>> moves that do not reflect the fiction

By this I'm guessing you mean "I can't by fiat say that I swing around on a chandelier (that I decided for myself was there) shooting all the bad guys in the head with my minigun", and you're just butthurt that complex simulationist rules systems eliminate a lot of silly shit like this.
>>
>>49729654
It's shadowrun, fag. My pink mohawk demands that I can do silly shit, take your boring tacticool the fuck out of here.
>>
>>49729759
Yeah, but the minigun would just cause the chandelier to break. Shadowrun lets you do that, but with a machine gun.
>>
>>49729759
You can in fact make combat a lot less lethal and a lot more silly in GURPS, with the use of various sourcebooks.

It's a modular system after all, you can really just make it whatever you want with the right combination of rules.
>>
>>49724697
Yes, but it's mentioned that even taking that into account, the effect was less than expected.
>>
>>49729931
I assumed that thanks to nuclear spirits that nukes would be the opposite, and make a area much worse, working both to destroy everything in the area, poison it, and summon a army of damned in the area to slaughter everything nearby.
>>
So, /srg/, how does this sound as an NPC complication on a protection run (probably for mafia or other illegal sources). A decker with a grudge against the target.

Going to go after the target with a Little Hornet that's set up to link-lock and kill (the guy knows that the protection target likes to spend his trips in hot-sim), which is itself slaved to an Emissary setup for max Firewall, and running an agent so it's not totally unattended.

The enemy's plan gets wrecked because the target decided to stay in AR and talk with the runners initially because he mistakes one of the runners for somebody that he met at the bar yesterday and that owes him a drink.
>>
>>49730256
Why are the runners letting their protected target run in Hotsim when thats a liabillity risk for enemy deckers.
>>
>>49730361
He's not when the attack happens, and probably won't afterwards.

But most likely because he's doing the pay bonuses and it'll need a good social roll to convince him to both not do that and keep full monies earned.

(This is just part of an idea to introduce a bigger plot happening.)
>>
>>49728260
>since 2014
kek
>>
>>49729759

It's shadowrun, fag. My black trenchcoat demands that silly shit doesn't happen, take your retarded pulp bullshit the fuck out of here.
>>
>>49730479
That's not even pulp bs. Pulp bs would be adept level shenanigans or having Disguise 8 and making sure that you can be seen in about six places, not including the one where you actually are at.

More people need to read Doc Savage and the early Shadow.
>>
>>49728493
The azzies have pr too. It's why no-one knows about the fact that they're an evil blood cult.
>>
>>49728839
>are pixies actually balanced?
ehhhhh
They're basically humans but better for all applications that don't involve guns, melee, or basically anything else that requires not being easy to kill with a flyswatter.
>>
>>49729061
I play a LA runner and I plan on her last words being "Time for a very special episode" if that counts for anything.
>>
>>49728839
>are pixies actually balanced?
No. That's their entire thing - where everyone else has mostly reasonable statlines, pixies hard minmax and don't even have to deal with being dual natured like other metasapients. Remove Fey.

>>49731090
>easy to kill with a flyswatter
They're tougher than gnomes - no Neoteny.
>>
File: Warden Chummer Edit.jpg (15KB, 210x243px) Image search: [Google]
Warden Chummer Edit.jpg
15KB, 210x243px
Yekka, from 5.185.0 changelog

>Applied a filter to the mugshot selector that prevents attempting to load things like icons or document files.

What are now the appropriate image files to use? I assume the standards (png, jpg, etc.) are good to go.
>>
File: 1446939693871.jpg (2MB, 1954x1421px) Image search: [Google]
1446939693871.jpg
2MB, 1954x1421px
>>49727638
Supposedly the newest SR5 Core update through drivethru has a working index/ToC. I don't have a digital copy, so someone else has to confirm/provide it for the pastebin.
>>
File: 1465474982117.jpg (262KB, 600x976px) Image search: [Google]
1465474982117.jpg
262KB, 600x976px
>>49728493
Everyone has PR. Renraku has a great public face, it just almost never gets mentioned anymore.
>>
>>49731290
And EVO may or may not have a crack team composed entirely of faces.
>>
File: file.png (792KB, 944x911px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
792KB, 944x911px
>>49731155
Anything decodable by System.Drawing, essentially. BMP, DIB, RLE, JPEG,JPG, JFIF, GIF, TIF/F and PNG are all valid.
>>49731243
There is an index, yes.
>>
File: 1448853599896.jpg (99KB, 900x637px) Image search: [Google]
1448853599896.jpg
99KB, 900x637px
So is there a good reason why there are no walking vehicles? I know it's impractical, but there must be a market for people who want the cool factor of rolling up on a giant quadruped, like the midlife crisis folks these days who get a classic Camaro and drive it maybe three times a year. EVO does weird concept designs, why no robosteeds?
>>
>>49732599
There's a mod for it.
>>
File: 1466533245361.jpg (97KB, 349x452px) Image search: [Google]
1466533245361.jpg
97KB, 349x452px
>>49732620
But the walker mod is shitty and takes up a lot of mod points, and that doesn't really answer the question. There is a fucking Zorb Seadoo, why haven't they made a walker vehicle?
>>
>>49732684
Cause the people with the midlife crisis just buy the modded designs.
>>
File: 1438966336053.jpg (126KB, 556x800px) Image search: [Google]
1438966336053.jpg
126KB, 556x800px
>>49732721
>there is a market

>corps aren't exploiting it to maximum, allowing third parties in on the profits

I am disappointed in your cyberpunk

saying that it is the corps doing the modifications doesn't count, that's very economically inefficient
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (37KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
37KB, 480x360px
Is there a way to make say a fire sword or a shock sword using tech instead of the elemental adept powers?
It seems silly that Shadowrun has nothing like the Shishkebab.
>>
>>49732772
> that's very economically inefficient
>charging someone once for the base model and then a second time for the upgrade is economically inefficient
It's like you don't know how cars work in real life.
>>
>>49732684
It's CGL being lazy
>>
>>49732772
No you dont get it.

They take the harley.

They add legs to it, then sell it as the Harley Longstrider and charge a extra 20% for a alleged original product.

The walker models arent different enough to get different stats then the modded equivalents so thy do that.

>>49732795
Thats more post apoc then Cyberpunk.

The world hasn't endED in the sixth world, it's endING, slowly dying under toxicity, horrors and the greed of dragons.
>>
>>49732897
Still, you'd think that gas-powered fire swords would be popular in the barrens, and since when has an electro-katana not been cyberpunk?
>>
>>49732795
>Is there a way to make say a fire sword or a shock sword using tech instead of the elemental adept powers?
Not by RAW, but you can mechanically represent it by giving a sword elementally-appropriate AP, an Electric/Flame elemental special effect, and the option to perform a touch attack (which would do Stun damage, in the case of the shock sword).

I'd call it a 12F, 1,000 nuyen modification. It would have a battery pack exactly like a Stun Baton or Shock Glove (even to the extent of being able to recharge via wifi) built into the grip and connected either to shock coils running flush to the blade (likely in its fuller) or heating elements which flash-heat on impact. In both cases, a not-insignificant amount of the mod's cost would go towards heat/electricity-proofing the blade.

I'd further make it .1 Essence/Capacity [1] to add that effect to an existing cyberweapon, at the previously-mentioned price and Availability.

Voila! A techno-sword (or cyber-spur) which flashes brilliantly on impact with either an arc of electricity or flash-heated metal, and which leaves the enemy either spasming or burning in its wake.
>>
>>49732952
Oooooooh. Clapclapclap.
>>
>>49732772
Mindlessly chasing profit isn't a good corp move. You need to make sure that after the inital investment, you get money back soon, and you need to also at least be able to project that this should beat the TMV projections of just putting the money in CD.

If it can't even manage that, then it's not a good investment unless you can project some kind of massive increase in demand in, say, five to ten years.

Otherwise you end up with an Edsel or the Overland OctoAuto. Altough, considering the thing involved, perhaps it would be better to discuss the Fuller Dymaxion or jetpacks.

Although jetpacks also bring up the Briggs and Stratton Flyer for a good comparison.
>>
>>49733061
Or god forbid, the Excalibur.
>>
>>49733165
Yeah, nobody that's not in commercial food making needs a ten tray dehydrator, even if they've got the ExFactor.

(Alternatively, make your own joke about how useless under thirty lumens is, or how the singing stopping would make things better.)
>>
Is Deus Vult! worth putting 5 in Willpower? It seems like a great idea on paper for an edge monkey.
>charge in, guns blazing
>if you take a hit, roll 5 to ignore all penalties
>>
>>49733219
I was actually referring to the Ares Excalibur, a gun so bad it actually dropped Ares two places.
>>
>>49733371
>a gun so bad it actually dropped Ares two places.
Obligatory statement about how economics don't work that way
>>
>>49733371
I know, and I intentionally found two something elses other than the sword to reference.

I still referenced the sword, even it's probably more like 300-750 lumens or something that it produced that time, but I felt a small number would fit better given how hard the calculations are.

And wasn't it more the Excalibur plus a looming intra-corp fight plus experiments with Bugs leaking out that did that?
>>
>>49733395
CGL.

>>49733414
It's more Vogel vs Knight is apperantly that bad. Aka "A ongoing war thats seriously messing it up". Which means its even worse then neonet at it.
>>
>>49733503
Was I conflating the bug experiments into this from elsewhere, or was that done by one side (or possibly one side framing the other or lack of oversight)?

And it does make a kind of perverse sense to make the Excalibur into the war's Yoko Ono and then try to make it the responsibility of the losers. Pulled off right that should get you enough public confidence to push something really interesting and get back into the view of fiscal, corporate health.
>>
>>49733606
Granted the opening of 5th edition had a ares mage summon a bug spirit which has all sorts of implications, most of them being CGL doesnt know what it's doing.
>>
>>49733649
Calling (Bug Spirit) is probably the worst use of 5 karma around.

I'm pretty sure that even trying to buy a Toxic spell or mentor would be a better purchase than that.

(Actually, can anyone think of a worse thing to spend 5 karma on than Calling Bug Spirit? I'm genuinely curious.)
>>
>>49733692
npcs can do whatever, the karma amount doesnt matter unless a player is doing it.
>>
>>49731108
that counts for a lot.
>>
>>49731108
>her
>>
Question, in a world where cybermancy is a thing what is the point of Gammaware when no one but the most elite are going to use it?

Why curb essence costs on your tanks when you can just throw the equally useful old chrome into a juggernaut?
>>
>>49734383
Because gammaware doesn't actually exist. It's an optional rule that isn't ingame by default. Also successful cybermancy costs a lot more than even gammaware.
>>
So, lads, how do you make your shadowrunners pop? When you take Distinctive Style, Yerzed Out, Custom Look, Minor Biosculpting, other cosmetic shit, what do you have it fluffed as?
>>
>>49734423
One of my characters has silver hair that has glitter in it that sparkles but doesn't drop everywhere
>>
>>49734439
I'm sorry, anon, we have advanced technology and some magic, but no miracles.
>>
File: cyberzombies.jpg (411KB, 1920x948px) Image search: [Google]
cyberzombies.jpg
411KB, 1920x948px
Is everyone from EYE a cyberzombie?

I mean, they are made with cybernecromancy.
>>
>>49734570
From what now?
>>
>>49734580
GIS is your friend.
>>
>>49734580
EYE divine cybermancy. started as a homebrew tabletop, became a PC game people mostly loved.

>>49734570
yes. Very yes. Remember that some of your character's lines do not match what is actually being said. Enough of your mind is gone so that you could count as a cyberzombie.
>>
A ward cannot intersect another ward.
To create multiple levels of astral security, wards can be set up in a shell-like pattern.
A ward must be tied to an object that casts a shadow in the astral plane.

A small pile of objects, each with slightly smaller wards than the next, would cause the wards to be offset within the next larger one. It's kind of messy.

So tell me why a matryoshka doll isn't the best ward anchor?
>>
>>49734606
Not after Google neutered it, it isn't.

>>49734615
Thanks.
>>
>>49734439
could be theoretically done, if you could create partial refraction in the hair strand structure using bioengineered custom viruses, or nanotech.
>>
>>49734631
>Not after Google neutered it, it isn't.
... Huh. I take that back; "warhammer 40k wallpaper space marines" is not a good result.
>>
>>49734643
>if you could create partial refraction in the hair strand structure
Fibre Optic hair, plus whatever tech they used in 4e to create super one-way mirrors that can narrow reflection down to fractions of degrees?
>>
>>49734650
>Best guess for this image: eye divine cybermancy meme

seems fine to me
>>
File: file.png (558KB, 2552x1183px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
558KB, 2552x1183px
>>49734631
Wut?
>>
>>49734778
>>49734929
GRIS gives different results to different people, I got 40k wallpapers as well.
>>
>>49734778
That's the first time I've noticed GIS results change. I wonder if the extra image searches I did with 'divine cybermancy' had any effect.
>>
>>49734383
Because Cyberzombies are kind of a pain in the arse to keep alive, and are mostly useful for fucking up magic-users and spirits due to being dual-natured and a walking background count. But it's a constant effort to keep them alive, so a highly cybered but still living agent is often going to be more useful, and the more stuff you can cram in them before getting to that point the more useful they are.
Plus they're to divergent feilds, not every mega-corp can make cyberzombies, and may instead choose other avenues to make super powered shock troopers.
>>
>>49735009
>GRIS gives different results to different people

It's been like that forever, not with just images. That's called a search bubble that you get trapped into based on what you've previously been searching for. That's why I recommend that people use Google proxies like StartPage rather than using Google directly.
>>
For a character to be considered fairly good, about what dicepool should you be shooting for in your main area?

At what point do you cross over into overly specialized/too invested?
>>
>>49735039
Around 12 I think.
>>
>>49735039
12-14 is usually pretty decent for your main focus, but as always, it depends on the rest of your group.
>>
>>49735039
Generally depends on the rest of the group's dicepools, but I recommend aiming for 12-16 at your core specialty.
>>
>>49735074
Mix of people who optimize a lot and a few who don't go too hard at it. I'm probably the one that optimizes the most, but I'm relatively inexperienced with SR5 overall, and I'm trying to figure out where I need to tone things back to so that I'm not doing too much.
>>
>>49728936
>I can't see many runners working with someone like this

I don't see many runners I'd choose to work with but that's the "fun" of roleplaying isn't it?
>>
>>49735085
Aim for ~15 dice with your main firearm skill. It'll give you a pretty skilled shooter without overtaxing you or completely eclipsing an unoptimised character.
>>
I'm making a character for an upcoming game and I recently found my friend and I both want to do gun bunny adepts with different secondary specializations (him infiltration, me face).

Is it retarded to do this?
>>
>>49735270
Not really. See with him if he's okay with going more "intrusion" oriented infiltration. you talk, he picks locks and you both shoot when things go south.
>>
>>49735339

Shit we could be like a buddy cop movie..but shadowrunners.
>>
>>49734626
Because IIRC the ward may not be moved more than a few cms, trying to do that while assembling it seems futile
>>
Alright /srg/,

I've come up with 2 pages of Houserules for the Matrix. Hacking, Electronic Warfare, and Cybercombat are all used and it's a much faster Matrix experience overall.

I need some suggestions for Technomancer House-rules, though. I legitimately have no idea what to do with Compiling/Decompiling/Registering.

The house rules, in short, are:
>A Host is a network of Devices.
>A Device is a virtual representation of a real thing. Cameras, motion detectors, TVs, whatever.
>A Chummer's gotta be in a Host to interact with the devices. Logging into a Host is a Hacking roll.
>Once a Chummer logs in, I tell them all the contents of the host: X devices, Y personas, Z hosts. HOWEVER...
>To interact with any of these, a Chummer's gotta "discover" the Device. Discovering a Device is a Electronic Warfare roll.
>Once a Device's been discovered, then a Chummer can interact with it. Interacting with a device is a Cybercombat roll.

I can upload my cheat sheet if so desired, but, the bottom line is:
What do I do with Resonance skills?
>>
>>49735879

>What do I do with Resonance skills?

Ban technomancers.
>>
File: 1421103547055.gif (3MB, 441x250px) Image search: [Google]
1421103547055.gif
3MB, 441x250px
The matrix sourcebooks are my favorite part of shadowrun. All of the in-character hacker culture shit, the weird resonance shamanism shit, the mystical "no one knows why" shit like e-ghosts and node foundations, AIs that are so alien the writers can't even think of anything to write for them, anything involving Pax, etc.

Unfortunately, none of my groups are ever into any of that. I got to play a technomancer in 4e once that had to climb a snowy mountain in the deep resonance to speak to a resonance entity disguising itself as a monk for a submersion task, but other than that they were mostly just a really expensive lockpick for the rest of the team.

Are there any novels or anything specifically about this aspect of shadowrun that are worth looking in to?
>>
>>49732599
The Caterpillar Horseman comes with build-in walker mod.
>>
Okay, someone explain this thing to me.

Ruthenium costs 5.000 nuyen per level and has availability 16V.
All that only to get a -1 on the enemies sight based perception test. (or -2/-3 depending on how much of the body is covered by the stuff)

Who thought that that would be okay ? Almost every other source of perception is cheaper to block and more ready available.
Especially since one third of the world is born with heat based vision and every security system worth its salt has ultrasonic based movement detection.

tl;dr Ruthenium, the most over priced HD screen ?
>>
>>49736271
>16V
>V
"Verboten"? Chummer, you one of Big L's boys?
Scherz
also, where do you read -1? Because IIRC it gives a -4 DPM
>>
File: unnamed.png (31KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.png
31KB, 300x300px
>>49736352
Nah, just crashing the Rhein-Ruhr-Megaplex from time to time ;).

Ruthenium has ratings from 1-4 for ratingx5.000 nuyen.

The amount of coverage also adds -0 for less than half the body, -1 for more than half the body and -2 for full body cover.
>>
>To any and all persons capable of discovering “where a Rock meets the Sky,” the 2 million nuyen, amulets and weapons at that place are yours for the keeping provided that you accomplish the task described in the enclosed datachips within 1 year of my demise. The anime will accompany you to make sure the job is done properly. Because this endeavor is of special personal interest to me, I have taken numerous precautions to assure its completion.
>The anime will accompany you

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>49736457
If you make it you get untold riches and an anime will be made about your story
You'll get famous!
An Anima is a type of free spirit, think Buttercup
>>
Whats up with the Chummer.ListItem shit causing crashes in the new chummer release build?
>>
File: tumblr_oe1e89dFEQ1r2r59eo1_1280.jpg (231KB, 902x1280px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oe1e89dFEQ1r2r59eo1_1280.jpg
231KB, 902x1280px
>>49735879
The question you need to ask first is how you want technomancers to be different to deckers.
>X devices, Y personas, Z hosts
You have matroyshka hosts?

If they know what devices are in a host automatically, why do you need to discover them?

Are these rolls all opposed by anything, or is it thresholds?
>>49736606
Don't know, can't reproduce it in any of my test environments.
>>49736457
Animae are free spirits in metahuman form. It's a typo cockup.
>>
File: Livewire.png (1MB, 1670x2786px) Image search: [Google]
Livewire.png
1MB, 1670x2786px
>>49736775
That picture makes me wonder- where do you put your datajacks and control rigs, chummers?

Coming out from behind the ear? Matrix-style plug at the base of your skull? Down the spine? Are you a fag who put it in your wrist because it's 'practical'?
>>
>come to start shadowrun thread
>first thread is shadowrun general
yea boi

Lost a harddrive recently and with it my collection of 5E books. Could anyone be a brother and link me to a torrent or mega? My magnet links are fucked so I can't use TPB.

pic related it's my character
>>
>>49736867
Check the first post, chummer.
>>
>>49736906
Drek. I'm a right fool. You're the MVP
>>
File: 1474972271357.jpg (329KB, 1011x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1474972271357.jpg
329KB, 1011x1000px
>>49736859
Old fluff used to be that your control rig's connector was most commonly mounted in the base of the spine; I've only ever really seen datajacks mounted in the temple or Matrix-style, unless the character already has limbs.
>>
You use mental limit when jacked into a vehicle dont you?
>>
>>49737015
Nobody knows, not even CGL
>>
>>49736606
>>49736775
I don't know if it helps, but I was only getting those crashes after I updated to the newest version through Check for Updates. Once I just downloaded the new version in its entirety, everything worked fine.
>>
>>49734423
My character always wears a cowboy hat as a distinctive style, pardner.

And later on, once I have the money, I'm getting a motherfucking cyborg horse like that shit in Vampire Hunter D, and I will never ride in a car again.
>>
>>49735352
Be sure to get Kinesis Mastery so both of you can do buddy cop things like say 'is this nigga serious' with nothing more than a subtle quirk of a brow towards your partner.
>>
>>49735039
12 is the baseline, minimum amount to count as legitimately good in your main field. You can easily get 16+ with some basic enhancements and a specialty too, but 12 is enough as a baseline.

For example, Agility 5, Pistols 6, and Specialty (Semi-Automatics) alone gives you 13 dice to shoot people. Add an implanted smartlink to that and you're looking at 15 dice. Add in a cyberarm or muscle toner and you're looking at 17-19 dice.

It's just the most basic of shit.
>>
>>49735270
>gun bunny
>face
Being a physical infiltrator actually synergizes with being a combat character.

Being a face doesn't in any way.

Aside from that, no, not retarded. Just that part is retarded.
>>
>>49737502
Do you use a six gun?
What is your party makeup?
>>
>>49737662
To expand on this, while 12 is certainly the dice pool baseline for something you're good at, you should also keep in mind the Limit used for that dice pool. Ideally, you want your Limit to be 1/3 of your dice pool, +1.

For example, someone with a 12 dice pool gets, on average, 4 hits on a roll. With a Limit of 4, that means that a majority of the time you'll not be penalized by your Limit (whenever you roll average or below-average), but you will every time you get an above-average roll. So, you want to have a limit of 5+ for that dice pool.

At 15 dice you want a limit of 6+, at 18 7+, and so on.

Getting a Limit much beyond 1+1/3 is largely pretty irrelevant, though having a really high Physical Limit is broadly useful for a combat character for knockdown reasons.
>>
>>49727568
Are those F-105's on the right side of that picture?
>>
Is there a pump shotgun in 5e that deals comparable damage to the auto shotguns?
>>
>>49738361
You could probably fluff a Krime Boss as a pump shotgun, even if it's technically semi-auto. Alternatively, reskin the ugly-as-fuck Cavalier Falchion (which for some reason has a box magazine and a pump action).
>>
File: 1460248206381.jpg (402KB, 1024x1594px) Image search: [Google]
1460248206381.jpg
402KB, 1024x1594px
>>49738380
If any shotgun was going to slamfire, it would be the Krime Boss.
>>
>>49738361
Get an Assault Cannon, perfect pump action shotgun.
>>
File: MG_7785-753921.jpg (340KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
MG_7785-753921.jpg
340KB, 1500x1000px
>>49738439
Huh?
>>
>>49737701
Actually, with commanding voice you can do a lot in combat as a face
>>
>>49738545
Of course you can. But the attributes for being a gun bunny - agility, reaction, intuition, body, willpower, and strength - don't cross over in any way with Charisma, which is almost always a necessary dump stat for combat characters, because combat is so attribute-intense.

And the character isn't 'a social Commanding Voice adept who uses Commanding Voice in combat' it's 'a gun character who also tries to be a Face.'

It's not impossible to do, but where being an infiltrator has huge synergy with being a combat character (lots of Agility and Intuition, high Physical Limit), a face requires you to build to two archetypes that work at exact counter to each other.
>>
File: 421px-SR5_Weapon_Krime_Cannon.png (80KB, 421x200px) Image search: [Google]
421px-SR5_Weapon_Krime_Cannon.png
80KB, 421x200px
>>49738482
>Huh?
>>
File: SR5_Weapon_Krime_Bomb.png (426KB, 864x297px) Image search: [Google]
SR5_Weapon_Krime_Bomb.png
426KB, 864x297px
>>49738586
You're thinking of this one aren't you? The regular Krime Cannon isn't, but the Bomb is.
>>
File: 1471515636364.jpg (118KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1471515636364.jpg
118KB, 640x640px
What's best for a Gunslinger Adept? Dual Wielding seems like the meme, but I'm not a fan of it.
>>
File: 421px-SR5_Weapon_Krime_Cannon.png (87KB, 421x200px) Image search: [Google]
421px-SR5_Weapon_Krime_Cannon.png
87KB, 421x200px
>>49738644
The fuck do you mean it isn't?
>>
>>49738756
Automatics is, generally speaking, the best weapon category for anyone, period.

Personally, I'm a fan of trick shots, rather than dual-wielding. Called shots to the vitals, shooting through cover, and anything else that burns my massive dice pool on making extra-effective shots, rather than just accruing extra hits.
>>
>>49738778
I mean, the Krime Bomb is referred to as pump action as a specific distinction from the Krime Cannon. It doesn't really make sense given the art, but I assume the written fluff supersedes it.
>>
>>49738804
>trusting what CGL writes
ELL OH ELL

OH ELL ELL

ELL ELL OH
>>
File: CGL Copy Paste Howling Shadows.png (637KB, 793x656px) Image search: [Google]
CGL Copy Paste Howling Shadows.png
637KB, 793x656px
>>49738896
>trusting what CGL draws
>>
>>49738896
>>49738927
>Trusting anyone, ever.

I bet you don't actually run the shadows.
>>
>>49738927
keeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek
>>
>>49738945
On an unrelated note, does anyone get NPC names from the shit the captcha gives you? Howard Deerbrook doesn't sound too bad.
>>
>>49738944
>going full paranoid autism
trid-watcher detected
>>
Anyone know if someone has done the math for creating a street level runner with karmagen?
>>
File: Street Scum Rigging.jpg (115KB, 744x873px) Image search: [Google]
Street Scum Rigging.jpg
115KB, 744x873px
>>49739255
>Option A: Decrease Karma to 600, Qualities are limited to ±25 Karma

>Option B: Decrease Karma to 750, Qualities are limited to ±13 Karma, each Karma spent gives 1,000 nuyen (up to 75 Karma)

>Option A more closely resembles Street Scum rules; while Option B more closely resembles Street Level.

http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=19181.0
>>
>>49739458
I saw that thread as well. Do the numbers add up though?
>>
File: Impression, soleil levant.jpg (229KB, 540x384px) Image search: [Google]
Impression, soleil levant.jpg
229KB, 540x384px
Technomancer Time!

I have a couple of questions about how they work, in advance of the new book coming out.

1) Do technos interpret AR in their own way? I had an idea for a guy who sees everything with an Impressionist or watercolour overlay on reality, where threading is him painting the image differently.

2) Are there any technomancer schooling options? I know a lot of regular people are still leery, and a lot of corps want to cut them open to see how they tick, but has anyone moved past that? If you enroll at MIT&T, can you take Complex Forms 1600? Is there even an online forum where they talk, similar to the blackhat forums? Or is it all still otaku tribes and squatters in the barrens muddling through it together?
>>
Where is the best place to learn the system as a player?
>>
File: Brutes Truck.jpg (453KB, 1600x1132px) Image search: [Google]
Brutes Truck.jpg
453KB, 1600x1132px
>>49740023
Playing in person with Hayek sheets and a knowledgeable GM. The online communities are trash when it comes to not knowing the rules.
>>
File: Street Scum.jpg (47KB, 467x547px) Image search: [Google]
Street Scum.jpg
47KB, 467x547px
>>49739640
More or less. It's not 1-to-1, but neither is regular priority and sum-to-10
>>
>>49739927
That first one probably sounds like either some kind of specialized Echo or Program (or possibly quality or side effect of a quality), because that would do strange things to lots of AROs. How does one experience a song or smell through Impressionism?

For the second, one of the Life Modules in Data Trails is Technomancer Boarding School, so they do exist.
>>
File: La Seine au Point du jour.png (340KB, 460x370px) Image search: [Google]
La Seine au Point du jour.png
340KB, 460x370px
>>49740201
>How does one experience a song or smell through Impressionism?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYyK922PsUw

Same way impressionism in visual art works; relax boundaries, interweave light and background with the main subject, and emphasise subjectivity and emotion in composition. Though who uses AR smells? That's a very specific dongle.
>>
>>49740201
>>49740289
Also thanks for the Life Module tip. I really should read those, but damn does that system not work great for actually making characters.
>>
Is it a good mid-run twist if the boyband member the group were sent to extract turns out to be an AI hologram?

And, further, it turns out the entire business is AI holograms, and they can't let you tell the world their secret?
>>
>>49740342
How about you dont use gravity falls as the basis of your runs? Hmmm?

More importantly how CAN you kidnap something thats a hologram? They'll just make more.
>>
>>49740377
Anon that link is extremely tenuous at best.
>>
File: GM Mentions Your Fetish.png (577KB, 962x293px) Image search: [Google]
GM Mentions Your Fetish.png
577KB, 962x293px
>>49740342
>Is it a good mid-run twist if the boyband member the group were sent to extract turns out to be an AI hologram?

Could be, so long as someone understands the Matrix and home nodes enough. Also offers a double-level extraction; the sammy runs out with the commlink, the decker fights off corporate spiders trying to break into the device and scoop the AI out of it.

All being AI is taking it a step too far, except as a reveal at the end of the run when they say goodbye to Justin 2.0lake.
>>
>>49727878
>> highly lethal game play that does not encourage characters to take dramatic risks
you, sir, do not understand what "dystopian setting" means. Shadowrun is not about being a heroic special snowflake allmighty warrior, its about being scum, albeit possible snowflake scum, that barely survives while it tries or is forced to commit illegal actions below the radar of law, society or sometimes (even above) moral standards. Fucking up means death, if you run out of luck.
>>
>>49740289
I'd imagine that most stores with a significant food aspect will use taste based AROs to get people in and buying.

Actual restaurants and cafes and the like would probably not only have taste but also smell based AROs for their menus.

I was mostly joking about that, though, but in general the look of an AR thing is determined by the one that made it/owns it depending on what the thing is.

And if the current user has Wrapper running.
>>
>>49732599
Vehicles are usually of such a size that its inconvenience to use them on rough terrain or in close quarters where legs are useful. Plenty of walker drones at least.
>>
>>49739927
Renraku is Techno friendly I think, and EVE would definitely be progressive on that front.

TMs still experience VR and simsense like everyone else and have to use the usual hacks to change any appearances (filter, wrapper, etc) but a touched individual or synesthete could definitely have something odd going on. May want to take it as a homebrew negative if its extreme.

>>49741068
I wonder if prostitutes and pimps offer handies through AROs as a preview of their services
>>
>>49736775
Matryoshka hosts, Yes.

The concept behind "discovering" is this: each device and host has an "ip". So I tell you, "there is a camera, a tv, and a host in this host."

Now, IRL, even if you have direct eye sight of an object, you still need its IP to interact with it programatically.

Continuing the example, you know there are 3 IPs in the network. You tell me you want to discover some devices. I, the GM, know what device has IP #1, #2, and so on. You only knoe there are 3 IPs in total here (excluding your own). You roll EleWar (Host Rating). Let's assume Host Rating is 2, and you roll 4 hits. With a "net hit count" of 2, you get to fiscpver 2 IPs of your choice.

Typing it on my phone makes it sound much more complicated than it really is...
>said every designer at cgl
>>
>>49741540
(semi cont.)

The idea with this is that Hacking takes time. Every turn, the Decker/technomancers grow in knowledge and power, which means that:
>early scouting and exploration is rewarded
>tension is created is combat, because a desired target is not immediately accessible -- however, intermediate targets become accessible, encouraging improvisation
>>
>>49741670
>hacking in combat

Never a good idea. It is worth doing work beforehand getting marks on devices, but in combat the guy who tries whipping out his deck is dead meat. They're not going to try and open up 'intermediate' targets, when everyone else is solving the problem in an entirely different coordinated way.

Also, hacking taking time is what they've been working against for two editions. Requiring extended and repeated scenes with the decker as they slowly work through the Matrix is just as bad as the decker taking 40 minutes of tabletime for a solo scene that last 3 seconds in game.
>>
>>49740472
IF they're accusing a game with four primary stats and less figured stats than Shadowrun of having over-complicated stats, I'd posit that they don't understand GURPS, or much of anything.
>>
>>49740397
I actually thought Sev'ral timez were holograms, it seemed like a gravity falls thing to do.
>>
>>49740377
>gravity falls
?
First thing I thought of was Schlock Mercenary with NSB aka Ennesby
>>
>>49741801
I also agree that hacking in combat is, straight up, a nope.jpg
However, my party's decker stays in the van and helps the team from afar, in realtime, so I've gotta work with that.

Furthermore, I actually handle hacking and "physical combat" at --the same time--.

Hacking, EleWarfare, Cybercombat, all work with simple+complex actions.

Even outside of combat, I half-assedly calculate how much time the player actions take, and I occasionally say,
>alright, Face, hang on for a min. Face's managed to gather some intel and negotiate a little. Does anybody want to do anything? No? Cool. Back to you, Face.
>>
>>49740377
>How about you dont use gravity falls as the basis of your runs? Hmmm?
Autistic Gravity Falls fan detected
>>
>>49742432
Gravity falls was a cartoon that had a very dated joke about boy bands.
>>
What if your arco-subsidized girlfriend was a hologram?
>>
>>49742734
>thinking arcologies would EVER subsidize girlfriends
>>
File: npc_humanmale_jakearmitage.png (91KB, 212x278px) Image search: [Google]
npc_humanmale_jakearmitage.png
91KB, 212x278px
>>49742734
Then you lose yourself in the world of BTLs.

>feel volumetric rainbows move through your dick/pussy (no discrimation here chummers)
>each color is a different sensation, temperature and texture
>taste drops of byte-sweats from the arco-subsidized holographic elf boys/girls from your virtual harem
>spend what feels like days in this godsent taboo
>wake up and realize it's only been 3 minutes IRL
>life is good, chummer
>>
>>49742848
>elf
pleb-tier taste, please step into the suicide booth.
>>
File: npc_maletroll_pitezel.png (100KB, 212x278px) Image search: [Google]
npc_maletroll_pitezel.png
100KB, 212x278px
>>49742866
Let's get you some troll pussy for this chummer right here.
>enjoy?
>>
>>49742507
Chummer i never even finished the series.

Its just the only show ive seen with artifically made boybands.
>>
>>49742890
>troll pussy
>npc_MALEtroll
Nice try.
>>
File: pc_trollfemale_08.png (104KB, 212x278px) Image search: [Google]
pc_trollfemale_08.png
104KB, 212x278px
>>49742890
First dont fuckin body shame the retarded ware slave.
>>
>>49742952
>DID YOU JUST ASSUME MY GENDER, CHUMMER
>>
>>49742999
Get out the shadows and fight me like a sam dandelion eater.
>>
File: Elf Beard.png (90KB, 212x278px) Image search: [Google]
Elf Beard.png
90KB, 212x278px
>>49743023
This is Shadowrun, not all elves are beardless femboys.

I mean, 99% of them are effeminate traps begging to be used as cybercocksleeves, but that's not all of them.
>>
>>49742999

>modern gender tropes still being a thing in 60 years
>modern gender tropes ever having actually arisen when the timeline severely deviates from OTL in the 80s.

Weird.
>>
>>49743023
>>49742999
>>49742960
>>49742952
>>49742890
>>49742890
>>49742866
>>49743092

lets settle this once and for all

http://www.strawpoll.me/11411355
>>
>>49743071
nice cosmetic bioware there chummer
where did ya get it from?
>>
File: tumblr_nwwvsoIzsF1qlqg34o1_1280.png (1MB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nwwvsoIzsF1qlqg34o1_1280.png
1MB, 1200x1200px
Which refugees got sent to the Walled City again?
>>
File: Boggles The Mind.gif (2MB, 232x232px) Image search: [Google]
Boggles The Mind.gif
2MB, 232x232px
>>49743100
Shit poll. It just says to select them. Select for what? Best? Worst? Most easily fucked? Most lusted after? Greatest need to get away from the morning after before the squad finds out?

You can do better.
>>
>>49743135
all refugees, i think?
>>
>>49743141
>Select for what?
[dubstep intensifies]

but seriously: you chose which one you'd fug
>>
>>49743071
1. The reason I hate elves has less to do with them being beardless femboys and them being both the most excepted metatype and the most isolationist.
It's douchebaggy to have so much going for you and refusing to associate with society when your goblinoid cousins don't have the luxury they do.

Elves live longer, are liked more, have more support through a secretive country and elf based corps, and basically have it all to easy in a world of struggle, fear, and mistrust that is so embodiment of shadowrun.

Plus the idea of immortal elves annoy me, it's very snowflakey in a setting where there is already dragons that do the exact same thing.

and
2. I didn't call you a femboy i called you a fag. Only 99% of elves are cocksleeves and the other 1% are butch manipulative assholes fucking the rest of them (and us) over.
>>
>>49743165
I know, but there was a specific batch that was supposedly the worst lot. Gobbet mentions it in Hong Kong as where Is0bel was from. West Africans and Arabs I think?
>>
>>49743198
from what i remember all non-asians were in the same district,which was fucked up because the had literally nothing in common, so they never formed any real community.
>>
File: mahnigga.gif (985KB, 421x268px) Image search: [Google]
mahnigga.gif
985KB, 421x268px
>>49743174
God damn it, chummer, the entire structure of your post was godlike.
I oughta buy you a drink sometime.
>>
>>49743213
Have you played the game that is the least fucked up part of kowloon.
>>
>>49743240
No, they specifically say that that part was the absolute worst of it. Even goblinoids had better luck, because they got put at the edge of the Walled City and had the most financial aid because they made good charity cases. Besides the literally being cursed thing.
>>
>>49743240
I did,and i remember Izz bitching about how shitty it was.
Maybe it wasn't the worst but the one that i remember being shit
>>
>>49742432

I feel better that someone else thought that.
>>
>>49743071
Elves, specially, have at least as much Strength and Body as normal humans, and more average height. You can totally have huge, hairy man-bear elves.
>>
>>49736859
>Someone saved the character art I got
Her legacy shall live on
>>
Is it just me, or are giants outrageously large? I mean, there are supposed to be a decent number of them but how the hell do they ever find clothes to fit? Let alone furniture or vehicles.
>>
File: castelnau-man.jpg (10KB, 230x394px) Image search: [Google]
castelnau-man.jpg
10KB, 230x394px
>>49743410
Just for reference, this is the size they're supposed to be. 350 centimeters, or about eleven and a half feet.
>>
>>49743410
>how the hell do they ever find clothes to fit
EVO

>captcha: Ölspur kill
>>
>>49743456
Still, how do any of them manage to live at all normal lives? Do they live exclusively in their own communities? Your average building doesn't have 10 foot high ceilings. How much do they have to fucking eat? What kind of weapons would they use? Grenades would be like marbles in their hands.
>>
>>49743198
East Africans. Is0bel is from Somalia originally.
>>
>>49743483
First of all: 3m not 3.5m
Second: yeah, in most situations they will have to duck, though they seem just taller not wider, not that heavy (467 kg compared to Cyclops 421 kg and baseline Troll 300 kg), so they most likely have to eat like normal trolls and also use adapted guns
>>
>>49743483
metahuman adaptation
>>
>>49743483
That's why their lifestyle costs are literally double those of normal humans.
>>
>>49736859
Cyber-pinky. Character used to be a child idol that fell in with the Yaks when Renraku decided it didn't like having an androgynous teen Elf-boi anymore.
>>
What Lifestyle do your characters usually have?
Do you try to keep some money by taking a low, squatter or street lifestyle or do you put your lifestyle high on the priority list?
Do you try to start with a high lifestyle and try to keep it or do you start low and work upwards?
Do you vary the style based on your character or do you keep it similar in all of them?
>>
>>49730529

More people need to read all the posts in the conversation.

>"I can't by fiat"
>"by fiat"

I.e a narrative bullshit pulp system where you just 'decide' that 'cool stuff' happens whenever you feel like it.
>>
File: 1450299443359.jpg (132KB, 600x558px) Image search: [Google]
1450299443359.jpg
132KB, 600x558px
>>49745127
I almost never play squatter or street, just because it almost never makes sense for the character. Assuming standard chargen, you have incredible talents and gear worth more than a middle-class house. It doesn't make sense to live in a coffin motel with a 5000 nuyen gun.

And as a general rule, my characters work upwards in lifestyle. They want to live the High life, that's why they're running. They have other motivations than material pleasure, but so do real people; doesn't mean that everyone wouldn't like to go home to a nice house with all the amenities you can have.
>>
>>49745214
>live in a coffin motel with a 5000 nuyen gun.
confusedDervish.jpg
>>
>>49745127
Most of my characters have a Middle lifestyle.

Most of the remainder have a Low.
>>
File: Dervish Elbowdrops Sensei.png (632KB, 900x1478px) Image search: [Google]
Dervish Elbowdrops Sensei.png
632KB, 900x1478px
>>49745261
He woke up there, true, but his first step was moving out (into a friend's house, IIRC). I've seen a couple of characters do that, but it never struck me as sensible unless you are literally Dervish and have no idea what they were doing 5 minutes before the campaign.
>>
>>49745313
nah, he didn't move out until they sold off Trout IIRC, and once he did he moved in with Gepetto
>>
>>49745127
I've never had a character have a lifestyle higher than Low.

I mean, what kind of cyberpunk game has players being /middle class/?
>>
>>49745127

I go against the grain of the group to annoy and to be distinctive.

If they're all sprawltrash then I'll take a high lifestyle, and rub it in their faces. "Oh, you guys want to meet up? Let's do it at my place, it's safer than the slums and I can have my maid make extra food".

If they're all decent well-off people with nice homes then I'll be the guy who sleeps on the roof of the Stuffershack, five feet from the air vent (I let old Mr Hannity sleep next to the vent so he can keep warm off the shop's waste heat, don't want him to die of exposure, and not just because he's my contact for street rumours).
>>
>>49745214
Me on the other hand played someone who not only WAS a bum mage with a shit ton of nuyem, was explicitely that, he used the money to enrich and arm the resident homeless in the district he slept in, allowing him essentially armed guard.

He also was afraid of Evo recapturing him so he wasnt really allowed to live in a nice house anyway.
>>
>>49745337
>>49745337

And then he chose to live in the barrens with Sensei
>>
/srg/; cummer edition
>>
>>49745214

You don't know poor people like I know poor people. People will constantly buy shit to make themselves feel better. Might be living six to a three bedroom apartment, but each one will have a tv and PS4 despite that being about 2 months rent.
>>
>>49745951
Are you guys running with Daddy?
>>
File: 1470197198057.gif (441KB, 1100x582px) Image search: [Google]
1470197198057.gif
441KB, 1100x582px
>>49746078
I am poor people. I'm cheap as fuck because I do not wish to be poor people anymore. Also, 3 to a six person apartment would be Low- they still have an apartment they can call their own, and space to put a tv and a PS4 while still having room to sleep.
>>
>>49746092
I know you're joking and i still hate you.
>>
>>49745313
damnit, now I have to read this shit again.
Where can I find it?
>>
>>49746229
here

>>49746092
No regrets
>>
Heres a question, would a former cop have the bad rep quality in the underworld or would it not get that bad?
>>
>>49746862
Lonestars most likely to work for the underworld then agaisnt it.
>>
What the best positive quality in 5e? What's the worst negative quality?
>>
Where's the option to play a shifter in Chummer? Am I just blind or is it still not in there, omae?
>>
>>49747176

Depends on the character. Focused concentration is damn sexy on mages.
>>
>>49747242
Focused Concentration is absurdly expensive at the scale necessary for it to be actually-useful, but yes, it's basically the equivalent of a universal, natural Sustaining Focus. That's huge.
>>
>>49747216
They're not supported because I need to do a bunch of work to make their human form stats separately increasable during career. Also, they're terrible.
>>
>>49747348
Oh, hey -- quick update: I've begun working on the "Lone Star" suspects database project. Nothing committed yet, no github created either (I'd like the first commit to be a functional product).

Just keeping in touch, is all.
>>
You think you can get lung transplants in the sixth world? Its a risky surgery these days but in the future it should be easy as fuck with vat grown organs and shit right?
>>
>>49747176
Overclocker or certain Mentor Spirits is by a considerable margin the best positive quality for the price.

Leroy Jenkins is the worst negative, with In Debt a close second because both ruin the game.
>>
>>49747400
Oh hey, you went with my idea, awesome! Toss me an email at [email protected] if you need to get hold of me away from here, by the by. I'd drag you into the chummer dev channel as well, but it's mostly silent until something breaks and then it's a bunch of screaming and sobbing, so nobody really needs to see that.
>>49747176
It depends heavily on your archetype. Awakened will get a lot more mileage out of Prototype Transhuman than a mundane will, for example.

Uncouth is absolutely the worst quality ever.

>>49747562
Sure, no reason why not.
>>
>>49747562
There's literally replacement organ bioware. They just clone you up a new organ and slap it in you as outpatient surgery.
>>
>>49747562
You can get headware, you can probbably get lungs that are powered through nicotine.
>>
>>49747588
>Uncouth is absolutely the worst quality ever.
Leeroy Jenkins is pretty bad.
>>
>>49745127
I tend to aim for low it's bot a damn sight cheaper than middle and you're more under the radar than middle which is desirable when you're criminal scum.
>>
File: 1474402287873.jpg (312KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1474402287873.jpg
312KB, 1920x1080px
>first-time DM
>never played 5e
>only tabletopped for ~3months
>usual group has to swap games due to the dm of our current game getting hit with a case of the real life
>expressed interest in doing a shadowrun game
>"yeah anon, let's do that"
>thrust into emergency DM in a game i've never played before
>making a few big mechanical mistakes but keeping the whole table engaged (usually 9-12 heads at our games)
>learning as i go, but getting better each time

gonna be handing off DMing for a few sessions to play and get a better perspective of the game so i can bring the business next time

everything's going out better than expected, though. except player decisions

>PCs double-crossing or selling out of at least one other PC each session
>shootouts in semi-public places
>few attempts at subtlety
>>
File: DEAL.gif (884KB, 198x257px) Image search: [Google]
DEAL.gif
884KB, 198x257px
>>49748686
Here-s what you do

You offer them a juicy juicy job (20k nuyen per head), and have the meeting be in a fancy-ass, expensive-ass, elite-ass nightclub.

Anyone looking poor, violent, or on drugs is not allowed inside by the bouncers.
Anyone entering the club is searched by bouncers -- strip from them everything "touchable".
Anyone BREAKING IN immediately causes Mr Johnson to abort the meet.

Bottom line is, those motherchummers better behave if they want the juice.
>>
>>49747588
Hey, guy who asked about Dikote earlier, attempting to add the custom file didn't work. I'm unsure if I messed up or what.

Would you be able to give a real quick walkthrough how to add it? I vaguely remember some guy saying that things needed to have a source book earlier when I'd been reading issues on the git. Could that be it?
>>
File: 1474403077559.png (454KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1474403077559.png
454KB, 1920x1080px
>>49748755

the current run they have is a simple "go here and turn everything into mush" job. taking out a deliveryman building -- local bike messenger/drone dropoff service. local wizgangers protect the neighborhood, and their Mr. J is gonna send another team to go clean the PCs mid-run (for running way too hot), including several former PCs that they threw under the bus. the campaign has been mostly intrigue-based but i feel like a really gnarly combat scene is a good way to wrap up what we've done so far.
>>
>>49747588
Hey, Yekka, thing to note: FAB Sensors, found on page 195 (196 in the PDF) of Hard Targets, aren't in Chummer. I understand you've got a load to do, of course, so no rush.
>>
>>49734423
I seem to have a soft spot for running in armored formalwear.
>>
File: when second skin comes in handy.jpg (2MB, 1446x2046px) Image search: [Google]
when second skin comes in handy.jpg
2MB, 1446x2046px
>>49734423
tiddies
>>
>>49747797
How expensive is it? Given how often organ theft is mentioned...
>>
File: Organ costs.png (34KB, 709x187px) Image search: [Google]
Organ costs.png
34KB, 709x187px
>>49751990
In 4e at least you had pic related
5e probably has something similar in Chrome Flesh

Can someone explain to me why you'd need cultured Organs as a metahuman if there is Type-O organs? I know that non-metahumans need them, but is there any difference if you are a metahuman?
>>
>>49752053

Essence hit?
>>
>>49752226
In 4e at least both cost 0 essence, so it can't be that
>>
File: weh.png (4KB, 172x121px) Image search: [Google]
weh.png
4KB, 172x121px
Hmm, maybe this concept is better as an NPC.
>>
File: images.jpg (73KB, 720x1080px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
73KB, 720x1080px
Hi /srg/

I have a question concerning two weapon gunslinger.

Is there anything stopping me from taking the steyr tmp in one hand and spaying fown supression fire while i shoot at the debuffed targets with the other hand (preferably holding a Super Warhawk) ?
>>
>>49752365
Don't you have to roll your automatics dice on suppression fire? If so you may have to split your dice pool for it. Unless you got your dicepool very high you may not be able to hit anything
also: don't you use the lower dice pool for that?

>captcha: Stop Peugeot
captcha, no
>>
>>49752365
If you're using both weapons within the same action phase, you're splitting your lower dicepool.
>>
>>49752407
>>49752436

Well since one uses pistol and the other one uses automatic, i need two skills and action phases anyway.

The idea was a Gunbunny/Adept build with lots and lots of initiative.

>First action = supression fire
> Second/Third/(god forbid) fourth action = Shooting the Warhawk at people.
>>
>>49752277

I would be fine with it strictly being a roleplay difference to be honest.

"Type-O organs cause chronic discomfort but not quite to the level where us should ba a dice pebalty"
or
"Type-O organs have high resale value on the black market so someone might shank you for them"
or
"some religions and/or beliefs disapprove of type-O stuff in the same way some modern religions disapprove of all blood transfusion"
>>
>>49752468
Yeah that's basically how it plays out.
Also recoil penalties will probably still apply throughout the Combat Turn and across limbs/weapons.
>>
>>49752468
that's possible, but in that case. as I understand it, you'd give suppressive fire, stop giving it and then shoot your warhawk, so the debuff doesn't apply then
if you want to shoot them while they are debuffed you HAVE to split your lower dice pool and use that

>>49752490
that would honestly be fine
>"Type-O organs have high resale value on the black market so someone might shank you for them"
Have you read the storytime? Dervish had a Type-O system, and IIRC it said that he should keep that secret unless he wants to end up taken apart for his organs
>>
>>49752053

Cultured is based on your own DNA. Someone with a heap of type O is going to end up not quite right, like a pretty frankenstien's monster.
>>
>>49752519
correction: It wasn't the ST that said it, It was in Augmentation for 4e

>>49752537
yeah but remember, Type O organs are universally accepted by metahumanity. You get no rejection at all, which is why it costs 0 essence
Unless 5e changed that AS WELL
>>
>>49752519
>Have you read the storytime?

No, but near universally compatible organs--->theft is very much in line with Shadowrun's tone.

Heck, one of my favorite characters ice played was a bitter old ex-doctor who kept the group flush with cash by (among other things) reselling and implanting cyberware they took off of enemies.
>>
>>49752597 see >>49752569
it wasn't in the story time
It was in the rule book
so it's EXTRA legit
>>
>>49752569
>Unless 5e changed that AS WELL

Just checked chrome flesh. It only had listing for limbs not organs, but type-Os have a fairly small essence cost and cultured ones have none.

Massive full body plastic surgery to change your metatype to doesn't have any essence cost for non-trolls, despite the fact that that would certainly qualify as at least 'moderate' biosculpting IMO, which dies have an essence cost.

A sex change, which involves a full bore reshaping of your skeleton, mind, doesn't cost any essence either. There are probably out of universe reasons for this one though.
>>
>>49752814
It seems essence has more to do with how inmetahuman the resulting body is, rather then how different.

So if you turn from a human to a elf your still naturalish.
>>
>>49752814
>4e
>Type-O organs, which in setting have no rejection have 0 essence cost
>Sex change, which changes core tenets of your body over a long period costs a small amount of essence

>5e
>Type O organs now cost some essence
>Sex change doesn't
>>
>>49752814
>Massive full body plastic surgery to change your metatype to doesn't have any essence cost for non-trolls
Bullshit.

0.1 for Moderate, 0.25 to 0.5 for Major.
>>
>>49752916
... Yes, I misread that.
>>
>>49752916
>>49752938
ggwp no re
>>
>>49752871
>It seems essence has more to do with how inmetahuman the resulting body is
Lets be honest; it's a gamist cost based on how much the mod improves your dice pools and such.
>>
>>49752916
>Bullshit
You don't have to tell me!

>0.1 for Moderate, 0.25 to 0.5 for Major.
Yeah, that's why I said I thought it probably should be at least a moderate biosculpt.

But it's got its own separate entry with a - and everything.

fucking CGL?
>>
>>49752954
Still, there's no better choice than ignoring the Ethnicity/Sex & Metatype modification entries.
>>
>>49752978
See >>49752965
The cost of biosculpting is probably because you can use it as a disguise. Ethnicity/sex/metatype changes not having one, I'm betting it's dev political ideas concerning trans people.
>>
>>49753004
>I'm betting it's dev political ideas concerning trans people.

Even if they don't give a shit either way, it would be pretty stupid of them to publish a book saying that getting a sex change partially severes your soul from your body, which is what essence loss is supposed to be.

That's just a headache waiting to happen.
>>
>>49753004
>>49753138
And even otherwise, its not like using a sex change gives you any bonuses so charging signifigant essence for it would start shit.
>>
>>49753170
Well, it's one way to throw off a trail.
>>
>>49753004
>metatype changes not having one
And yet the Poser qualities exist.
>>
>>49753219
...yeeeeeeeeees? And?
>>
>>49753138
Isn't essence loss caused by removing chunks of your body?
>>
>>49753205
Right, but throwing off a trail shouldnt cost the same as installing a arm cannon. Which is why it doesnt.

>>49753298
Nope, if it was paraplegic would be worth MASSIVE karma. And CGL would get sued for implying Lt Dan has less of a soul.
>>
>>49753298
as Trollman said it's purely metagame tax
Why should e.g. Bone lacing, which has no effect on living tissue, reduce essence? And why should better bone lacing cost you more essence? Because better stuff should cost more
also: geneware costs essence too
>>
>>49753360
>Bone lacing, which has no effect on living tissue, reduce essence

Having a bunch of metal plates inbetween your bones and flesh is a pretty huge impact. You're probably going to build up a lot of scat tissue in there too, which wI'll make it an even larger impact.

Basically, you've got an entire organ system going from interfacing with most of your body to being isolated to just short of the point where it will start dying.
>>
>>49753571
I don't even want to know what "scat tissue" is.
What makes it worse is that I think I've read a Horihone Saizou doujinshi somewhere with that in it.
>>
>>49753608
Scar tissue, I'm pretty sure.

>>49753571
Titanium doesn't fuck with biological tissue. It's the entire reason it gets used for implants and replacements.
>>
>>49753647
And today on "The Wonders of the Place Outside the Basement Window", we follow Anon's brave attempts to grasp the elusive concept known as a "joke".
>>
>>49753647
>Titanium doesn't fuck with biological tissue

It doesn't need to. it's physically separating the flesh from the bone.

For the scar tissue, the titanium is a lot harder than bone, that's the whole point, and people who get bone lacing are going to be the kind who live 'active' lifestyles. That means soft flesh getting smashed against unyielding titanium now and again. And then scarring.
>>
>>49753701
>jokes
>on /srg/
>on 4chan
I cast One Less(newfag) at force 12
jk
>>
>>49752468
>The idea was a Gunbunny/Adept build with lots and lots of initiative.
Saying "lots of initiative" for any given character in Shadowrun is redundant. It's the god stat.
>>
>>49752814
>Sex change costs no essence
What, like anyone is ever going to bloody get that. As a GM I would just tell them to say their character got a sex change and nix the cost, because it's just a waste of money. The only reason you'd get it after is for RP purposes (As fucking if, with the type of people that play this game) or for gamey purposes, in which case, the essence cost is justified.
>>
>>49753723
That's a modern layman's understanding of the situation, no? Sixth world is two steps forward and backward at the same time.
>>
>>49753906

Sure, but I'm slapping down a 30 second justification for an essence hit here, not writing a details critique of fictional medicine.

Sure, maybe they could make bone lacing a low impact affair with 6th world tech, but the essence loss is still there so I guess they haven't.
>>
>>49753838
>As fucking if, with the type of people that play this game
Maybe in your neck of the woods.
>>
What's the verdict on Anarchy?
>>
>>49753701
Poe's Law, mate.
>>
>>49755229
Mixed. Sure is rules light, to the point where some people have complained that it's actually missing entire parts of how to play. Other people have said that it's quick and fun to play if you like rules-light systems. These people were promptly and duly accused of shilling, but they may have been legit.
>>
>>49755229

It's a functional rules lite shadowrun.

if rules light shadowrun is a thing you want, get you some, because that's what it is and it does an ok job of it.
>>
>>49755229
Terrible. It pretends to be "rules-light" without being it and is just as easily broken as other versions of Shadowrun. Don't pay for that garbage, and avoid it altogether if you can.
>>
>>49755873
How is it not rules light if its like half the size of core?
>>
>>49755959
Because it is still too bloated.
>>
>>49755959
a planet is still gigantic even though it's tiny compared to the sun
a usual monster truck is tiny compared to the Bagger 288
a troll is huge even though compared to a dragon or your mother he's like an ant

similarly Anarchy is smaller than SR core, but compared to other rules lite games it's bloated
>>
>>49755370
>>49755629
>>49755873
How is the cue system? Lately I've gotten more into games where character background is either selected from pre-made packages or just a series of words/phrases.

I'm also interested in the semi-GM nature of the system but I don't really understand it. From what I read the GM seems to just sit and referee while the players do what the GM usually does.

>>49756074
>>49756170
Rules medium, then?
Thread posts: 324
Thread images: 56

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.