[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Warhammer 40,000 general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 387
Thread images: 56

File: 1475301356200.jpg (269KB, 1034x775px) Image search: [Google]
1475301356200.jpg
269KB, 1034x775px
Any news at all edition?

>Rules databases
https://mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>FAQ’s and Errata (outdated but official)
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s).
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
http://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

> The Black Library(Stay the fuck away from the clowns)
https://mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

> Space 0Din's homebrew faggotry
https://www.dropbox.com/s/lsx27fo3rq2x7tk/Codex%20-%20Orks%207th%20Edition%20Update%20[Space%20Odin](2016).pdf?dl=0
>>
Mandatory *First* for Admech transport.
>>
I posted it on the last thread just a moment before someone created this one, so I'll ask again.

Anyone has new BL novels and short stories to share? I'll add them to the Library of Rho-Mu 31.

We still miss:
Horus Heresy - Corax
Horus Heresy Primarchs - Roboute Guilliman
The Beast Arises 8 - The Beast Must Die
The Beast Arises 9 - Watchers in Death
The Beast Arises 10 - Last Son of Dorn
The Beast Arises 11 - Shadow of Ullanor
The Red Path
LotDM - Genestealer Cults
Cast a Hungry Shadow
Potentia
The Keeler Image
The Purity of Ignorance
Myriad
Blackshield
Stormseeker
Deathwatch: Swordwind
Court of the Devourer
Legacy of Russ 7 - The wild King
Legacy of Russ 8 - Fate Unbound
Space Marines Legends: Shrike
Storm of Damocles
LotDM - Deathwatch
Asurmen: Hand of Asuryan
Calgar's Siege
Crusaders of Dorn
Medusan Wings
Space Marine Legends: Cassius
>>
File: image.jpg (179KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
179KB, 800x800px
Howdy /wh40kg/!
>>
>>49711504
I love the hybrid faces with visors on. Especially the big plate visor one of them has.
>>
File: go on.gif (2MB, 385x304px) Image search: [Google]
go on.gif
2MB, 385x304px
http://natfka.blogspot.co.nz/2016/10/sisters-or-orks-one-of-these-is-being.html
>>
Anybody got a torrent of this baby yet? I hate to beg. So I'll add onto the conversation.

Are Imperial Knights Come the Apocalypse with Genestealer Cults? What about Tempestus Scions?
>>
What should I replace my Centurions with since everyone says they're bad?
>>
What do you guys arm your Neophyte Hybrids with? Autogun or Shotguns? I feel like Shotguns make a lot of sense because 4 out of 6 Cult Ambush results let you appear within 9" or closer. In this case it also makes sense to me to pay for Flamers and a Cult Icon.

On the other hand if you're using them as cheap ObSec objective holders then the Autogun range along with a Heavy weapon or two makes sense to me.

Thoughts about Neophyte loadout?
>>
File: 1449449384592.jpg (67KB, 750x600px) Image search: [Google]
1449449384592.jpg
67KB, 750x600px
>>49711578
orks just got an update this year, perhaps it's a tie into a new campaign or 8th? i doubt it's sisters

>>49711598
techmarines on bike with conversion beamers

>>49711457
welp, that happens often with daemons in my experience and you know those orks are pretty good at disrupting plans. in my last game i could've easily have bounced off a death company army if my rending didn't go well. might as well take it in stride and try again, can't win them all
>>
>>49711457

I was putting honest thought into the combi-plas command squad because 12 plasma shots should put a dent on them, or I can assault instead and let the Evicerator chew through them for awhile.
>>
>>49711598
Whirlwinds.
>>
>>49711598
Who the flying fuck said cents are bad?
Dev cents are fucking great, centstar is one of the better ways to run battle company.
>>
No one told me that at 500 points the anti armor tactic was to have space marines glance my chimeras to death by punching it. What the fuck guys.
>>
Advice on how to start cult mech?
>>
>>49711779
I think people expected you to know that S4 can glance AV10.
>>
>>49711504
Hello my fellow loyal imperial citizen, how is the mining going today?
>>
>>49711779

Your chimeras got glanced by ap 4? Do go on
>>
File: 1443580553824.jpg (144KB, 488x700px) Image search: [Google]
1443580553824.jpg
144KB, 488x700px
>>49711779
what, you don't focus on cqc with your lists? weird. why did you drive your tanks up to punching distance?
>>
>>49711744
Emphasis on the "Whirlwinds" part. You kinda have to take 3 to really make them worth taking for that sweet Pinning Shred. Hell just take a suppression force formation since Land Speeders are usually a solid choice in any list.
>>
>>49711640
Shit pic, the Ork should be purple.
>>
>>49711761
Some dude, I've posted my list to get r8'd and am 50/50 with:
>good list
>centurions, what the fuck are you doing

Also, what's centstar?
>>
>>49711927
First off, post your list, or at least link back to it in the last thread.
Secondly, a cent star is exactly what it sounds like, make a deathstar out of gravcents. Can be as simple as using a few libbys and someone with a stormshield to make a mini-deathstar, or it can be as much as making it the focus of the whole list (the latter is not as smart though)
>>
I know I'm going to get my ass torn for even asking but I just couldn't see this, If I'm looking at Cult Insurrection for my Genestealer cult, do you roll Cult Ambush for an entire formation (made up of 9 units) or each unit in the formation?
>>
File: Salamnders 1500 Immolators.png (66KB, 676x1582px) Image search: [Google]
Salamnders 1500 Immolators.png
66KB, 676x1582px
>>49711979
Well, here's the list, looking back at it to maybe phase out the ass cents for a big dev squad, but as far as any concrete prototype goes, this is it.
>>
So, what's Genecult's strongest points?
What makes for a good Genecult list?
>>
>>49711491
Please. Fluff-wise, even though Skitarii are capable of foot-slogging across planets, it would be more efficient for a technocracy to give them vehicles to explores.

I would love a Mars rover style vehicle, or even an open topped transport that utilizes the tank treads that the Kataphron battle servitors have
>>
File: 1476012705143.jpg (600KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
1476012705143.jpg
600KB, 1536x2048px
Am i the only one who thinks that Eldrad looks like Macklemore ?
>>
Is there any reason why fleets in orbit don't rape ground forces?
>>
I want to start a CWE army, but everyone hates the elves. So, in theory, would you play against this CAD? (not going to bother going into the detailed list but it ends up being 999 points after upgrades) It's supposed to represent Eldrad's spoopy psychic shitshow craftworld.

>Jetseer
>Guardian Defenders with scatter platform
>Storm Guardians with two flamers
>Above Guardians have Warlocks (not Windriders though)
>3 Scatter Windriders
>3 Shuriken Windriders
>3 different Vypers run as individual units, with Shurikens and/or Starcannons depending on layout
>Fire Prism
>2 Scatter War Walkers
>1 Vaul's Wrath Support Battery (spiderman version, not spooky ghost version)

At higher points it'd be basically the same thing but with more psykers.

tl;dr would you play against Imperial Guard: Elf Edition, or no? also is my list too full of faggotry?
>>
>>49712065
that would rape the planets infrastructure too and sometimes that isnt a good idea.
>>
>>49712065
Iwo Jima.
>>
>>49711842
Very well thank you, just got back from some succesful mining of an Arbites precinct.
>>
>>49712015
Stop putting plasma in salamanders tacs. It's just plain bad. Any weapon is better than plasma on salamanders.
>>
>>49712101
Because of Flamecraft?

But it does so much damage.
>>
>>49712015
The first major issue I see is that while ass cents aren't bad, this list has no viable way to get them into combat, and they have no invul saves.
I'd drop one of the tech marines and get a captian with a SS and Artificer armor to tank AP2 and AP1 wounds for the ass cents, and get a droppod to put them in, because footslogging will ensure they are a waste of points.
You also shouldn't mix weapon types in a dev squad or cent dev squad. That's a rule to live by.
>>
Warbosses should ignore unwieldy desu
>>
>>49712015
Wow, that is.....certainly a thing. I can see why people are busting your chops about the centurions, these fuckers are all over the place in terms of wargear, and you took the CQC Cents as well. Axe those motherfuckers, ASAP. You have so many better assault units, they are not one of them. You Dev-Cents are akward as hell, not quite good at hordes and not quite good at AT. You should always consider either grav-cannon/grav-amp or TL-Las/ML combo (works better on Imperial Fists).

Onto your tacticals, nix the heavy weapon, if you plan on them moving about in the rhino then they won't be firing those plasma cannons to full effect, or at all really. Also only really grab a combi-weapon for your sergeants, as they're not terribly effective for assaults since they'll usually be challenged sniped without doing to much and 1 guy with 1 power weapon won't change much for a squad that on average won't be winning any close combat rounds. And their Rhinos shouldn't have the HK missile, you just paid 15pts for a 1 use only krak missile, when you could've bought dozer blades for all 3 Rhinos instead. There's so much more but I'm pretty sure you heard a bunch of it.
>>
>>49712047
The fluff kind of supports no transports because the Skitarii heavily revere the first of their number who marched all the way across the red wastes of Mars, until their legs were worn down to stumps. It's part of why they replace their legs with augments on inception.

But I certainly wouldn't say no to some choo-choo trains to ferry my skittles around in. No fire points would suck though.
>>
File: 1408402332900.jpg (135KB, 445x655px) Image search: [Google]
1408402332900.jpg
135KB, 445x655px
Whats a good artillery army. I'm coming back to the game after spending some time away and reading fluff, and while I was reading ciaphus cain my bombardment boner arose.

I've never actually taken to the guard as an army or looked too seriously at their stats but I'm left to assume they are the best at that sort of thing.
>>
Tau is gay ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏͏ ͏͏͏ ͏͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏͏͏ ͏͏͏͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏͏ ͏͏͏ ͏͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏͏͏ ͏͏͏͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏͏ ͏͏͏ ͏͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏͏͏ ͏͏͏͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏͏ ͏͏͏ ͏͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏͏͏ ͏͏͏͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏͏ ͏͏͏ ͏͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏͏͏ ͏͏͏͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏͏ ͏͏͏ ͏͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏͏͏ ͏͏͏͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏͏ ͏͏͏ ͏͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏͏͏ ͏͏͏͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏͏ ͏͏͏ ͏͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏͏͏ ͏͏ ͏͏
>>
>>49712154
I will add to my post by saying that Tech Doms should definitely get some kind of chariot transport a'la the Abeyant from 30k. Hell, just make it a fucking Abeyant, they are just so sexy.
>>
>>49712190
K R I E G
R
I
E
G
>>
>>49712190
Krieg
>>
>Admech/Skitarii Transports

what's wrong with giving them Chimeras?

Could be a red Chimera but I don't get why everyone needs a special vehicle when Admech is producing all of them, they are practical, seems logical to use what's available.
>>
>>49712117
Pretty much yeah your chapter tactics don't benefit it even remotely.
Atleast with plasma pistols on the srgnt you can mastercraft it.
If your putting them in rhinos your going to be forced with the decision of keep it still and fire and then hope something else is in Bolton range or more and not shoot it
If you combat squad then your better off just not taking the 5 guys but grabbing a Dev squad and putting a single cannon in and enjoying the bs5 from the signum.
If you honestly want to bring assault cents then give them all flamers and combo em with the techmarine in a drop pod and enjoy him now having majority toughness five and putting down 4 twin linked flamers and his extra shooting plus their hurricane bolters.
I could type out more but I'm pretty sure this is already being coverd else where.
Give a squad a purpose, don't try and get every squad to do everything, the codex and the fluff are lying.
>>
>>49712065
Orbital bombardment is notoriously difficult to pull off accurately and reliably. They don't have a reason for this, it just is so we get to excuse our ground-wars, otherwise a lance could just melt regiments after scanning an entire subcontinent for movement in a few hours.
>>
>>49712065
Void shields can be made crazy strong when they don't have to move and only have to point up. It blocks naval involvement pretty well. When chaos is involved, when of the most common events are huge storms that cover large portions of the planet, thick enough and wild enough to block almost all sensors and communication between the planet and vessels in orbit.
>>
>>49712226
>Riding in the chaff they give to the poorfag Imperials.

The Admech give as little to the Imperium as they can get away with. You can be sure they would save the best shit for them and theirs.

Just imagine Guardsmen with radcarbines It's not as if the cancer would reduce their lifespan by much considering.

But why bust your arse making good stuff for them in return for nothing if they are happy with what they get now?
>>
>>49712065
Because ground forces tend to hang around in the places you would rather have back, and preferably not atomised.

Gotta have boots on the gound
>>
>>49712274
While this is somewhat true you also have to consider the AdMech have to produce, at least, a few hundred to a thousand times as much material for the Imperium as itself.

The Imperium not only gets the chaff because the AdMech are selfish, but also because it's often a logistical necessity.
>>
>>49712065

There are ground-based anti-orbital weapons, shields and all of that. Also I'm sure that during the Cold War, armies attempted avoid concentrating too many troops for too much time in a single area as part of their doctrine to prevent getting destroyed by a tactical nuke (and disperse in case of getting a warning of one incoming).
>>
>>49712274

>tfw when you are part of a super rich organization and can afford good gear like power armor and razorbacks
>>
>>49712208
That would be awesome. It just seems strange to me that they don't utilize tank treads more.
>>
>>49712154
I kind of want to see some kind of floating airbase LoW. Like a cross between an Imperium Cruiser and Cloudbase from Captain Scarlet.
Give it 20 capacity, 6 fire points and an upper deck that acts like fortification battlement.
Superheavy flyer, AV 12/12/12 and 6 hp, as well as the emanatus shield the Dunecrawler has.
Mount a couple of Neutron laser emplacements and some Heavy Bolters (default BS2, but can be manned) and allow it to move a flat 12' a turn. Troops can deepstrike with 1d6 scatter from the top deck, and if destroyed all troops can do that but with 3d6 scatter and dangerous terrain checks. The ones in the transport capacity take grounding hits as normal.
Cannot jink, but models on the top deck need Skyfire to hit at normal BS. Boarding it requires a roll, on a 1 lose d3 models to represent Imperial teleporter malfunction.
Price it at around 400pts, more a support LoW than a army-wrecker. May be completely imbalanced, was just thinking about this a few days ago.
>>
File: image.jpg (81KB, 600x763px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
81KB, 600x763px
>>49712065
happens all the time. But as before mentioned not only are Orbital Bombardments not always possible.

You need a vessel to stay in position and be relatively vulnerable while bombarding the surface, so you can't really do it if there's Orbital defenses or an enemy fleet.

being caught in low orbit is kinda like being caught with your pants down.
>>
>>49712319
>The Sisters actually think their power armour and transports are advanced
>LaughingDominus.noosphere
>>
>>49712298
Well, radcarbines at least would actually be quite nice logistically, beyond storing them in such a way as you don't kill half your army in their sleep of course.

They run on waste materials. If there is one thing the Imperials do well, it's fucking up the places they live with heavy industrial waste.
>>
>>49712321
The admech is basically the church of metal legs. Even their vehicles must have metal legs
>>
>>49712274
Well, Chimeras are perfectly fine Transports.
>>
>>49712319
Good luck getting a hold of all of our artificer armour and Macro destruction engines. We're behind seven Titan Legions.
>>
Does the FW punisher Gatling cannon also fit on a normal valkyrie to make it a vulture or do I need to buy the vulture on FW?
>>
>>49712319
>tfw you get away with having a private military force that only answers to you because of a technicality in a law that wouldn't hold up in any court but everyone is too afraid of fire to call you out on it.
>>
>>49712274
Because the imperium is barely hanging on by a narrow thread on all fronts and the forgeworlds die with the rest if eveything collapses maybe.
>>
>>49712381
Lol the Church of Metal Legs. I would name my army that if I didn't find Kataphron Destroyers so sexy
>>
>>49712382
Yeah, they're fine, exactly the kind of effort you would put into protecting Guardsmen.

Admech use something more esoteric.
Like a choo-choo train that shoots death rays and rams super heavies.

Or we could go with your idea and abolish all Imperial transports apart from the Chimera, because that is apparently the holy grail.
>>
File: Orks.jpg (124KB, 688x800px) Image search: [Google]
Orks.jpg
124KB, 688x800px
>>49712319
>spend top dollar to obtain the best shit money can buy
>let it fall in to disrepair and don't let it be fixed because you think tech boyz are heretics
>sisters
>not a joke faction
>>
File: Sistersof_Battle2.jpg (95KB, 830x564px) Image search: [Google]
Sistersof_Battle2.jpg
95KB, 830x564px
>>49712412

Why would you care? You're not heretics, are you?
>>
File: download.jpg (6KB, 345x146px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
6KB, 345x146px
>>49712226
I already add some with Inquisition allies and fluff them as exactly this. Seems a bit odd that they don't bother making awesome carriers like the droid troop carriers from Star Wars, but with more atompunk.
>>
>>49712423
You're implying that Forgeworlds aren't already churning out basic, cheap items with their industry's maximum capacity. Sure, if you want to go change the STC-linked autoforges from 'Lasgun' to 'more expensive weapon that will leave us without any Elements X-1, V-2 Beta and Omnissiad Delta to use for our other shit' then be my guest.
>>
>>49712381
Well Abeyants move on giant tubes, which is also a staple of the Admech. Because nothing says "Fuck you heretek shits" like slithering at your opponents like a snake brandishing a conversion beamer in one hand and a a black hole gun in the other.
>>
File: BCG.jpg (89KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
BCG.jpg
89KB, 250x250px
>>49711598

A spine. Then you can play what and how you want and won't have to meekly follow the herd.
>>
>>49712400
The weapons will fit on a valk, but a vulture has a pretty distinctive body with the turbine half way along it.
>>
>>49712478
>giant tubes
Like tendrils or like screws?
>>
>>49712065

Because that also puts the Warship in question at risk?

Blowing away a ship is quite easy.

Especially since there are planetary installations like Hive Cities that have the power to take on entire fleets.
>>
Brave men of the guard with aid of a red Hunters strike force face down 1k of Tyranid. Place your bets!
>>
>>49712101
>>49712120
>>49712143

Okay, as per advice, Plas Cannons are gone, I was gonna use the metal boxes as walls after I got where I was going and thought the Plas cannons would wreck a bit of house using the Rhino to prevent flanking.The Ass Cents are gone too (wicked sick though big flamers and drills may be). I see why building a list before having ANY experience might be a problem.

Anyhoo, around 210 points to spend, could add a bike to beamtech and a drop pod for the cents. Could add a few more cents to the squad and a second drop pod but I don't think you can split squads across drop pods (corrections?).

Thoughts? Also thanks for the tips so far.
>>
>>49712535
5 Eaglebux on Guard
>>
>>49712518
Tendrils, it pushes itself forwards. Rules-wise it give the Magus Move through cover, a wound, an attack, a brace of weapons they can shoot in addition to their others and a re-roll on their 2+ armour against blasts/templates.

In return they lower their runs/charges by 1.
>>
File: Salamnders 1500 Immolators.png (50KB, 676x1211px) Image search: [Google]
Salamnders 1500 Immolators.png
50KB, 676x1211px
>>49712552
forgot pic
>>
>>49712535
Hexagon tiles for a board? Neat, moneys on the Tyranids based on what I see on that board.
>>
>>49712432
I didn't say abolish everything else, but take a moment to think about it for a moment.

Space Marines use Rhinos because they are too big to fit into Chimeras, Rhinos are objectively worse than Chimeras at what they are supposed to do. If the Admech chose a standard troop transport for it's personnel, why not use the one transport that's available in abundance?
It would work as a sort of counterbalance to all the special snowflake equipment and weaponry the Admech employs, something that shows that despite their quirks and exclusive gear, they still use a proven workhorse to get them from A to B in one Piece.

You could add Legs to the Chimera chassi instead of track.
>>
>>49712535
Also, what're the dimensions of that table? It looks great
>>
>>49712535
as much as I want them to win, I know those nids are fucked
Source: Nids player
>>
>>49712579
Because the Admech go out of their way to make sure they have the best of everything. Even their auto-cannons flamers and lascannons are capable of aiming themselves in a pinch.

They wouldn't slum in Chimeras out of principle, not necessarily because they think they have something better (Which they do)
>>
Are there actually any heavy vehicles that aren't a leman russ, what was the point of turning lumbering behemoth by another name into a USR?
>>
>>49712628
>Which they do
Not on the fucking table.
>>
>>49712552
I don't quite understand what the "theme" or "foucs" of your list is.
It can't seem to decide if it wants to be a shooty list, a CQ list, a armor heavy list or something else.
Two techmarines doesn't make much sense as you don't have that much armor, the devs feel put of place and without a defined role, you have far too many tacticals and nothing to put them to good use, the salamander chapter tactics seem wasted as you aren't taking that many flamers, have no heavy flamers, and you didn't take any of their characters. And then you have a single predator, for what purpose?

In short, what is your planned strategy? What do you want this list to do?
>>
>>49712510

Good to know, thanks. The vulture is pretty expensive so id prefer buying the Valkyrie.
>>
>>49712657
Well going by what is on the table, the IG recently lost half their fucking artillery support and their tanks spontaneously got worse.

Now you're saying that shit shouldn't be added because another faction already has a model that does a similar job?

And the train is in 30k, just not in 40k yet
>>
>>49712576
>Immolator force
>no immolators
>>
>>49712628
ok, to fit the Admech theme of practicality and quality we take the Chimera, remove the top and the gun, turn it into a halftrack with metal wheels, remove all armour that isn't protecting the engine, and add three mechanical arms to it. also remove all the steering gear because that's done by an exposed Servitor so any small arms fire can take the vehicle out.
>>
File: images.jpg (26KB, 341x431px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
26KB, 341x431px
>>49711499
Hey, I've got The Beast Must Die in epub. How do I get it to you?
>>
>>49712576
Much better, but please remove the plasma pistols. They like the under-achieving little brother to the plasma gun and plasma cannon respectively and costs just as much as either one. Sarge w. Combi-weapon is perfectly fine right there.

If you like the Predator go full Lascannon, it's only 140 pts but will do okay on punching through light-medium tanks with the off chance to shave a HP off a av14 tank. I actually can't think of why you have 2 Techmarine HQ's though, what are they for exactly? You could go for a Captain with the shield eternal and a thunder hammer combo to beat the living shit out of most things and he'll only set you back 165pts if you don't give him artificer armor. though for 210 points, yes Biker Marines are a great choice and you can give them any kind of special weapon and they work well with it due to being relentless and on bikes, but shoutout to gravgun bikers for being the best all rounders. Also check out Land Speeders, you can never go wrong with Land Speeders. you can get 3 with 1 Multi-Melta for 165pts and they'd work as a suicidal tank hunter unit.
>>
>>49712727
upload to mediafire and post link
>>
>>49712720
>Halftrack with metal wheels
>Not halftrack with metal centipede legs on the front half

Shit/10 would not hire as an Explorator Artisian.
>>
File: Home_Base_and_its_fleet.png (756KB, 1560x878px) Image search: [Google]
Home_Base_and_its_fleet.png
756KB, 1560x878px
>>49712333
Shameless plug. Was thinking of running a special scenario where Chaos has to stop this thing escaping the planet (AKA crossing the long table) and it would be nice to know whether it looks broken as hell or not.
>>
>>49712663
The "theme" as I had one realized was shooty and tough.

I took Salamanders tactics because they're my favorite chapter, I know they aren't overly shooty but I still love they're fluff and green is my favorite colour. Similarly I took cents over termies or sternguard vets solely because I like the way they look and they pack hell of lascannons.

Techmarines are because they're cool and could drop pie plates ad infinitum with the beamer and the harness repair the pred and use the servitors to help him shoot shit too.

My basic strategy is get the Rhino is a position so that the enemy can only attack me from the direction I want them too, then use the pred, dev cents (when they finally get there) and techs to support them with lascannonc/pie plate hurt.

I feel like I'm repeating myself a lot because I keep realizing that I'm probably making a common mistake as an inexperienced player playing to the rule of cool and sacrificing army effectiveness.
>>
>>49711578
Yes, please.
>>
>>49712741
Thanks, see >>49712806 for why the techs are there.
>>
File: 22fb58e04f45e9c756cab1f34c06f59c.jpg (597KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
22fb58e04f45e9c756cab1f34c06f59c.jpg
597KB, 1920x1080px
>>49712190
Death Korps of Krieg Siege Regiments (their "codex" can be found in Imperial Armour 5 - The Siege of Vraks). Seriously, you can field 9 Basilisks for 675 pts, and/or 12 Quad Launchers for 660 pts
>>
>>49712226
>>49712463
It's because their entire army is made up of fast-moving cyborgs with limited-to-no need for logistic support. They literally don't need transports, so why bother producing them when they could make more Ironstriders or Dunecrawlers instead?
>>
>>49712190

40k is not a good game for artillery. The battles are too small. I think not even apocalypse are big enough. Epic was better in that regard.
>>
>>49712576
OK this is going to be alot easier if.you let us know what models you have, otherwise this is just going to be near endless list advice
>>
>>49712862
*Basilisk chassis sold separately, crew compartment most definitely not enclosed.
>>
>>49712912
>otherwise this is just going to be near endless list advice
Might be that anyway, because I have none. Wanted to build this 1500 list since someone told me this will be the "default" size game and buy those models to start a collection.
>>
>>49712535
The fuck is up with that table nigga.
Also
> Dat huge neckbeard beer gut
>>
>>49712942
Well that's just bad form. Get yourself a get started box and another tactical squad box and you've got what you need for some 500-750pt games to get your feet wet. We can keep giving you advice and all but if you still haven't had much time to play to see WHY the things you want to do won't really work then we won't be going anywhere.
>>
>>49712911

What about that R&H list that can combine two detachments to spam an infinite wall of cultists and 50 plus pie plates per turn? That always sounded like fun to me. IIRC the plates leave difficult terrain puddles for a turn too.
>>
>>49712862
Lovely, if only I could get the mega open, I cant seem to get it past the decrypting phase.
>>
>>49711578
>faeit rumours
>Sister rumours. ever

Oh boy, i bet it'll release alongside Tzeentch Daemonkin amirite?
>>
>>49712942
Jesus man, you don't even have any models?
Whoever gave you this advice shouldn't be listened to.
Go get yourself a 2 boxes of tacs, a dev squad, a termie squad or dreadnought (of any type, for either unit), some assault marines and a couple of razorbacks.
Use the extra legs from the devs to kitbash a captian.

That'll give you the bog standard list that covers all the basic troop choices, let you experiment to find out your playstyle, and also includes some must haves, because noone could hope to call themselves a space marine player without having a boxnaught and termies, they're iconic.
Then play some games (500 to 1000 points is ideal range), find out how you like to play, and then comeback and start building lists that will help you know how to expane your army.
>>
>>49712535
Turn 3. Ruh roh
>>
>>49712983
This will be a moot point since actually getting to play a a game is months off anyway, but I was doing it this way since I don't want to buy models I won't be using a lot.

Anyway thanks for all the advice, I'll continue theorycrafting but I'll keep all that in mind.
>>
>>49712993
Arch demagogue must be warlord, and each R&H list requires and Arch demagogue if I'm not mistaken.
>>
>>49712895
exactly, why make a dedicated Admech Transport when you can use available Chimeras when you really need mobility.
>>
>>49712643
Monilith. The reason its shit too
>>
>>49712047
>>49712154

YOU GET TRIAROS
IN CYRAXUS
MARCH
FUCK YOU
>>
>>49713092

>long shooting gallery with barely any terrain
>Imperials dont even bother to leave deployment zone

I can only see this ending well for the nids
>>
>>49713103
>This will be a moot point since actually getting to play a a game is months off anyway
Why, if you don't mind answering?
>>
>>49713105

Oh. That's too bad. You can run the purge detachment as CSM though but I guess you'd have little to no artillery.
>>
>>49712942
What>>49712983 says
As a word of advice from someone who's been playing salamanders for nearly a decade and now spends most of his gaming time teaching people how to play and covering basic tactics salamanders are a walking contradiction. With the advent of angels of death they are the hardest chapter tactics (from codex) to play, your going to loose alot and I do mean alot, learn to reflect on defeat and most importantly do not just look at units to throw in to try and cover for losses. That is what smurfs do and can do. Take your time, learn the game properly, there is no worse feeling than turning up and just taking models off because someone has been that guy and cheated his way through the rule book.
To put this into context one of the kids I'm teaching lost due to an ork player convincing him that I had taught him some rules wrong and in one turn got a squad of 40 ork boys 27" across the table and into combat.
>>
>>49712319
Look at her gun. There's no trigger, just a hole.
My kind of gun.
>>
File: image.png (287KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
287KB, 640x1136px
Repackaged or discontinued?
>>
>>49713154
Squatting.
The black crusade campaign will end with all CSM being killed, and the EoT being sealed.
>>
>>49713132
Also trying to get into the MtG EDH format after connecting with an old friend, ordered my deck at ~$400. Also bought a new gun at ~$1100. Which both coincided with me quintannual clothes shopping trip. And other expenses.

LSS: Spent too much money recently and am saving back up, and GW likes to charge for resin minis, paints, and brushes.
>>
>>49713183
I see. Well, no need to buy all at once. A squad a month is both economical and ensures your WiP pile doesn't grow too large
>>
>>49713140
For what it's worth I also think the Dark Angels are really fucking cool would they be a smarter choice since they're green also? That's really my sticking point is I WILL play green space marines.
>>
>>49713154
Discontinued, too strong for what they are aiming for with ChSM.
>>
>>49713206
>A squad a month is both economical and ensures your WiP pile doesn't grow too large
Right about my gameplan. Though paints were going to be their own month.
>>
Question for CSM fellows about the infernal relic sicaran. I've seen running it only with the lascannon sponsons, which is nice, but for 20 points more you can have 9 S5 rending shots (HB+malefic ammo) for a total of 15 rending shots (six for the TL accelerator cannons).

So the question here. It's even worth it or I should stick with the LC upgrade?
>>
>>49712862
has anyone tried using oil paints for their minis?

Thats what fw told me they used on their krieg
>>
>>49713250
Its not worth it, the rending is unreliable and costs so many points. I really don't know what forge world were thinking when they were costing malefic ammo but its usually about 25-30 points too expensive.
>>
>>49713217
Yes. Their chapter tacit doesn't require specialisation, the codex is solid, there's alot of options and some unique versatility in there that's not found in the main book. Also they're cheaper to buy off the bat.
>>
>>49713250
Just mathammer it against AV12 since that's it's preferred target.
>>
>>49713326
Cool, maybe-heretic space catholics it is.
>>
>>49713384
One last bit of marine advice, I generally tell this to everyone not space Wolf, ignore what GW tells you to do with models, as an example don't mix weapons on devastator squads, anyone who puts in a heavy bolter a missile launcher a multi melta and a plasma cannon will end up very frustrated very very quickly.
>>
>>49712064
that's not Eldrad...
>>
How damaging is a Raptors army to

A) The enemy

B) My wallet
>>
Is there a list of common phrases put on the scroll/pennant decorations on vehicles?

I can't just leave these things on the sides of the Chimeras blank and I don't know what some short phrases would be.

Unless I should just translate something to latin and pretend it's high gothic.
>>
Please I must waste money.
What should I buy for my chaos daemons
>>
>>49713618

>waste

Buy a bunch of Ork boyz as an allied detachment
>>
What do you guys think the odds are of a new IG codex or even a supplement with some good formations coming out anytime soon is?
>>
File: succ.png (67KB, 198x150px) Image search: [Google]
succ.png
67KB, 198x150px
>>49713672
Jokes on you, I already have 3000 points of orks
>>
>>49711626
I run my two starting squads with autoguns and autocannon heavy weapon team to infiltrate up the middle turn one and try to pop transports alongside the twin-linked autocannons on their goliaths.

Shotguns on the summoned squads because they look cool and there's functionally no difference if you're getting within 12" except that if you roll a lucky 6 on ambush you can shoot two shots each and still assault.
>>
File: Emperors_Children.jpg (3MB, 2988x5312px) Image search: [Google]
Emperors_Children.jpg
3MB, 2988x5312px
So a small Blast from the Past!
>>
>>49712005
Each unit. Reread the Cult Ambush rules carefully.
>>
File: Iron_Warriors.jpg (3MB, 2988x5312px) Image search: [Google]
Iron_Warriors.jpg
3MB, 2988x5312px
>>49713747
And other one!
>>
>>49712024
Summoning free squads with full upgrades that will maul anything short of 2++reroll deathstars in CC and which Ambush for arrival instead of Deep Strike.

Playing the objectives game with return to shadows.
>>
>>49713690
I expect IG to skip 7th Edition, I don't have high hopes for anything good happening if we do get updated.

If somehow we get a non-Cadian update like a new Catachans codex, that would be great.
>>
>>49711857
>>49711857
I had 3 chimeras and I got close because objectives and meltas.

What is cqc?
>>
>>49713874
C lose Q uarters C ombat. you punch things in this phase.
>>
>>49713607
A) It can be pretty effective if you know what you are doing. The fact that they can take Meltaguns automatically makes them better than their loyalist counterparts. As long as you avoid warp talons you will be fine.

B) I suppose it wont be too bad, considering you wont have to shill out for any transports.
>>
File: 1407096364900.jpg (306KB, 656x450px) Image search: [Google]
1407096364900.jpg
306KB, 656x450px
Can I ask you something? I've been out of the loop for about three or four years. Since the first tyranid crud codex

Did base genestealers get major buffs, or did they make an army based on one of the worst units in the tyranid codex since the game started focusing on shooting instead of melee?
>>
File: assault_team2.jpg~original.jpg (53KB, 700x454px) Image search: [Google]
assault_team2.jpg~original.jpg
53KB, 700x454px
>>49713897
Sorry, meant these guys not Jumpies
>>
>>49713786
How come they could only take Berzerkers over the other cult units?
>>
>Dark Angels don't get Centurions
:'(
>>
>>49713887
Oh. I don't believe in chainswords or magic blasters

jk I would but I'm not good at it.
>>
>>49713913
The latter.
Except these ones are infinitely better than the ones you find in the Tyranid 'dex
>>
>>49713913
Genestealers in the Cult Codex are called Purestrain Genestealers and take the Elites slot.

They now have 3 attacks base, a 5+ invulnerable save, and gain Fearless and Furious Charge when joined by a Patriarch. The army also have ways to buff them with Hatred, Preferred Enemy, Rage, more strength, run + charge, etc. with the right units or psychic powers.
>>
>>49713357
I'm not a math person, so if any of you can/want to math hammer it for me would be cool :)
>>
>>49714001
Oh, also Stealth, and a special rule that let's them charge from Reserves with what is basically non-scattering Deep Strike but better, if they roll a 6.
>>
File: 1459076474007.jpg (200KB, 960x901px) Image search: [Google]
1459076474007.jpg
200KB, 960x901px
So what 30k Admech units are actually good and useful in 40k?
>>
>>49714035
All of them. 30k Admech are amazing.
>>
>>49713958
No, they get flying vindicators instead.
>>
>>49713945

Likely because they need troops for rushing any fortifications and defenses they breech.

Also as Khorne would be the God to likely hold the most amount of sway in the legion.
>>
>>49713932
Oh. Well thats disappointing. I hoped someone else out there shared my love of raptors.

Well, in regards to Raptors (the chapter) here's the answers you were probably looking for.

A) Very. Heavy 1 Rending boltguns is scary as shit when fielded in large numbers. On tac squads is good, but now imagine it on scout squads with camo cloaks.

B) Literally no different to any space marine army. You literally just buy marines and paint them olive green.
>>
>>49711417
That homebrew faggotry is actually very good.
>>
>>49714050
Like literally nobody noticed that those things went from "S5 ap-" to S10 ap2 blind and chance to go D.
>>
REminder that the Admech is part of the Imperium. Admech+Adeptus Terra=Imperium
>>
>>49714127
Thanks

I knew they were a Forgeworld army so I was thinking 'There has got to be some kind of silly wallet rape hidden in here somewhere'.

I do like Raptors (Actually played as one in a Black Crusade game once), but I'm too new to the hobby to try something that crazy.
>>
>>49714136
Fucking what.
>>
>>49714035

Nothing they have will be up to par with a full on war-convocation, but they are decent.

Notably good units will follow; Thanatar, Castellax, Myrmidon Destructors, Krios Battle Tanks, Archmagos Primes, Scoria.
>>
>>49714035
Look at that monster! It's as big as a small child. How does that still count as a miniature!?! I bet it costs as much as a used car.
>>
>>49714266
I got a shitty fix-it-up used car for half the price of one of those things.
>>
>>49713975
>>49714001
>>49714030
So a few minor buffs and mostly stuff that's "please buy new models to give your old ones these usr".

Thanks for the info.
>>
>>49714327
>a few minor buffs

And those minor buffs, alongside the improved support and deployment options offered by the army on the whole, are exactly what they needed to become viable.

There's even a Genestealer-only formation if you just want to drop them into an existing Tyranid army.

And don't pretend for a moment there aren't a lot of old grognards who would have jumped at the chance to do a Genestealer Cult army, even if the Purestrains hadn't been fixed.
>>
>>49714222
Yeah. They are S10 ap2 Blind Blast now and if you roll doubles on scatter (even if its a hit) its resolved by Vortex special rule. So the hit turns into D and it starts wandering around the table.

Pretty nifty.
>>
File: brianna-wu-quotes-6_0.jpg (464KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
brianna-wu-quotes-6_0.jpg
464KB, 2000x2000px
>>49711417
How do we combat sexism and lack of representation in the 40k gaming community?
>>
>>49714385
Make Tau stronger
>>
File: Bob Page.png (296KB, 515x510px) Image search: [Google]
Bob Page.png
296KB, 515x510px
>>49714385
Why combat it?
>>
>>49713786

Wait, is that all the dreaded iron warriors got?

An extra heavy support slot they could use for a guard tank?
>>
>Orbs of Despair for Haemonculus Covens supplement went from S10 AP2 to S1 AP2 because of a typo
>GW refuses to admit the fuck up

It hurts, anons.
>>
>>49714434
That's the White Dwarf rules which were used alongside the 3rd edition Codex. IW's didn't become the powerhouses they were until the 3.5 edition codex, which allowed them to spam Obliterators in Elites alongside four Heavy Support slots. It might not sound like much, but back in the day, it was disgustingly powerful.
>>
>>49714366
>And don't pretend for a moment there aren't a lot of old grognards who would have jumped at the chance to do a Genestealer Cult army, even if the Purestrains hadn't been fixed.
Please, I'd been talking about genestealer cults since the 90s. If this army had come out in fourth or fifth ed, I would've jumped on it and finally gotten around to painting all my pewter 80s cultists.

Same with Ad Mech - I would've been into it before modern gw made me lose interest in the hobby.

I suppose the final test will be SoB - will I get the new units for them, or just stick to other games?
>>
>>49714327
That's a pretty pessimistic way to view what is a fucking amazing release with gorgeous models and rules many are considering overpowered.
>>
>>49714472

Oh is that why it is S1? I have always wondered why they changed that.
>>
>>49714537
Think about it. That's the only thing that changed about it. But now instead of being a suped up grenade, that could handle larger targets, now it can only wound t3 stuff that you would kill anyway without instant death. And to top it off you're wounding t3 ON A SIX. It's literally a waste of 25 points.
>>
>>49714494
>rules many are considering overpowered
This is a new-new army. I'm sure the taudar necro-whoever will solve the 'overpowered' opinion GW is pushing soon.
>>
>>49714385
Isn't that man apart of the video games industry? What is this quote in relation to? Making games? Playing them? Who would discriminate against women code-monkeys? A better question is to ask what is it about 40k that doesn't appeal to women rather than asking how do we represent a group that barely plays it.
>>
File: Advancing Scions.jpg (401KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Advancing Scions.jpg
401KB, 1600x1200px
Anyone have the Officio Assassinorium rules? I can't find the rules for assassins in the OP link.
>>
>>49714385

>Imperium
>Meant to be the most nightmarish and most horrifying regime in human history.
>Progressive.

Surely, I really want to have a Catholic Space Nazi as a role model.
>>
1850 Pure Grey Knights r8 and h8 please.

NSF 1
HQ:
Librarian, lvl 3, Hammer, fury of deimos -150

ELITES:
5x Paladins, Apothecary, 2x psycannons - 335

TROOPS:
5x Terminators, hammer, psycannon - 195

HEAVY SUPPORT:
Nemesis Dreadknight, personal teleporter, sword, h psycannon, h incinerator - 225
Nemesis Dreadknight, personal teleporter, sword, h psycannon, h incinerator - 225

LoW:
Draigo - 245

NSF 2
HQ:
Librarian, lvl 3, hammer, storm bolter - 145

TROOPS:
Strike Squad - 110

HEAVY SUPPORT:
Nemesis Dreadknight, personal teleporter, sword, gatling psilencer, h incinerator - 220

Simple idea is to roll on telepathy and (geokinesis vs hordes or librarius vs elite armies) for the librarians and they go with draigo and the paladins. Thoughts?
>>
>>49712535
>>49713092
Tyranids actually won points by a landslide. I got two points turn one then nothing usable for 4 turns. Nids decided at least two catds a turn too. He was only left with a flytant and a neutered Tyrvagon but still won. THIS BATTLE BROTHER THOUGH. HE VAPOROZED HIS ONLY VENOMTHROPE TURN 1 THEN FISTED ACARNIFEX TO DEATH ON 3
>>
>>49714747
Rip those paladins out, anon. They're a point sink. Can still get instant deathed so 2 wounds means jack shit. I started running a Librarius Conclave in my GK list.
>>
>>49712727
Upload my glorious homie.
>>
>>49714773
librarius conclave is good, but I want a pure GK list. If I wanted allies I would take a DraigoCentstar which is more broken. Plus I like the idea of holding everything in reserve and coming in turn 1 against certain armies.
>>
Played again today. Lost pretty soundly again because die rolls. They're so consistently bad that I think I should take it as a sign to not play ever.

Still, my Sisters combi-plasma command did some work on some termies, so that was nice.
>>
Every time I watch Tabletop Tactics featuring the main guy I get this serious spine crawling sensation of 'this nigga is cheating his ass off'

Anybody else?
>>
>>49714841
You actually can't do that unless you run one of the FUCKHUEG formations that are like 3000pts base. You'd have to keep the Dreadknights on the board and pray you go first. If pure is your aim, take out the Paladins, Switch the Strike Squad into more Terminators, and see if you have enough for an Interceptor squad.
>>
>>49714847
Maybe look into loaded dice?
>>
COMBINED
ADMECH
CODEX
FUCKING
WHEN
>>
>>49714889
How about no, you faggot.
>>
>>49714918
Minimum 3 years.
>>
>>49714933
It would solve any bad luck dice problems. Then you can stop worrying about your rolls and concentrate on having fun.
>>
>>49714952
B-but squiggly said soon
>>
>>49714974
who?
>>
>>49714961
>just cheat, then you can concentrate on having fun
>this is what game ruining faggots actually believe
>>
>>49714888
>You actually can't do that unless you run one of the FUCKHUEG formations that are like 3000pts base

You need to look up the rules son. You can do that. You only auto-lose if you don't have anything at the END of your first turn. So unless you somehow fail all your reserve rolls then you are fine.
>>
>>49714980
Faeit rumor guy whose 100% accurate from his past rumors (like new tau fire warriors and crisis suits)
>>
>>49715002
Oh, shit. I guess my brain is used to not even considering that option because I would be the guy to botch all my reserve rolls. It's part of the reason I stopped using the NSF, because sure, it's 3+ on first turn, but too many times have I managed to royally fuck it.
>>
>>49714631
>A better question is to ask what is it about 40k that doesn't appeal to women rather than asking how do we represent a group that barely plays it.

I think the answer to the conundrum is a lot simpler than people try to make it. Women generally don't play 40k because the women around them don't play 40k. People tend to take cues from others around them to see how they should act socially. If a woman decides that she wants to pick up a hobby, she'll probably look to her social circle, who are mostly women. Of course, 40k never targetted women in the 80s in the first place but now it's a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Besides, Games Workshop has been making it harder for new players ever since they figured out that they could get more money by selling less models at a higher price.
>>
How frowned upon is it to make a custom successor chapter? I was looking at Dark Angels because they're bitchin but the lack of Centurions and Conversion Beamers is disappointing.
>>
>>49714817
I'm at work right now. I'll do it when I have some spare time today
>>
>>49712594
5'5 by 3'3. Super awkward but it's the only tabletop we have atm
>>
>>49715215
I love you in a no bad touching sort of way.
>>
>>49714657
they're in mont'ka

which is fucking stupid, because I like physical rules and buying an entire campaign book for one tiny section is not something I'm going to do
>>
File: image.jpg (60KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
60KB, 1280x720px
>>49715171
>they figured out they could get more money by selling less models at a higher price

Well of course anon, that way the models will be worth four times as much to the consumer!
>>
>>49715181
Make them look nice, clearly model any potential proxies or count-as units/weapons and I don't think anyone will have an issue with you. I personally play a marine army with kitbashed chaos and space wolves bits, I use the space wolves rules and no one has had an issue with it, even in tournaments.
>>
File: word bearers 3.5.png (1MB, 891x1213px) Image search: [Google]
word bearers 3.5.png
1MB, 891x1213px
>>49713747
>>49713786
I got some too
>>
>>49714817
I'm at work right now. I'll do it when I have some spare time today
>>
>>49715006
Interesting, maybe it's timed to coincide with the release of the FW book with new AdMech stuff.
>>
>>49715310
Ok cool, hopefully people where I play will be just as understanding.
>>
>>49712911
>Epic was better in that regard
Applies to pretty much everything. And speaking of which, any word on the rumored Epic revival by Forge World?
>>
>>49714327
>So a few minor buffs
And a 1/6 chance to charge on turn 1. Also, a detachment that gives them Shrouded (4+ on open ground and 2+ with cover) for the first turn and d6 dead stealers back if you pull them to reserves
>>
Man, is Genestealer Cults going to fix the meta better than any new Codex has ever fixed a broken 40k meta?

Like when you think about it, the Codex isn't overpowered, but it causes a bad match-up for almost all the current top lists that are overpowered and forces them to adjust to a new playstyle, which will make them take things that make for more balanced well-rounded games for everybody in order to not get blown out.
>>
Hey, Chaos players, you scum-filled abomination-making fucks- I'm considering joining.

Long time Grey Knights player and I've always liked the look of Khorne Daemkons (except for the weird spiky bit at the back of their heads, but I'm getting more and more used to it).

Is the Start Collecting worth getting? I want to start pure Daemons, then add in some Berzerkers or Obliterators when the time comes. How does that sound? Waacfags need not answer, I'm not playing tournies, just casual 1500 or so games
>>
>>49715501
Among the top tier lists, it's only a bad matchup for Eldar. It will rape anything that isn't top tier.

So yeah, it's clearly overpowered
>>
>>49715501
Don't even bother, my dude.

Servo skulls COMPLETELY shut them down and nullify all their special rules, the meta is stronger than ever.
>>
>>49715501
No. It fucks things worse.

Eldar are kinda fucked, Tau can eat shit, summoning spam has no answer to this. Sure, it ruins them, but keep in mind armies like Guard, Admech, Sisters, Nids, Orks, Deldar, etc. get hurt really, really bad.

But who reigns supreme in this dark future? The Emperor's finest, of course, because Marines beat the crap out of Genestealers, tourney lists especially. You think you're cool until double Skyhammer drops down on top of your Nid worshipping ass, and Rending claws and all the hand flamers in the galaxy will do nothing to he who shall not be named.

So no, in the grim dark future there's only war, everything sucks, and you're probably gonna get beaten by Marines.
>>
Close combat guard without ogres?

Like 2ccs with priests and commissars and big blob squads?

Would that work?
>>
>>49715629
It sounds like fun. Melee armies will eat it for breakfast and shooty armies will snipe them off the map, but it still sounds like a fun time. I'd go for it
>>
>>49715586
>You think you're cool until double Skyhammer drops down on top of your Nid worshipping ass
Why do people really think this is going to do anything to Cults?
>>
>>49715574
The jury's still out on that one and it's probably going to get FAQ'd soon, but even if not, you can just Ambush everything turn 2 instead and then skulls do absolutely nothing.
>>
>>49715629
poorly

Guard aren't really equipped for it.
>>
>>49714889

Yea, not doing it.
>>
>>49715586
Tau are not going to give a fuck about this, at worse they're going to take more flamers and non-template weapons.

Their insane over watch will blow the cults away and their MCs will clean up the rest in combat, good fucking luck hiding your summoner out of line of sight when their fucking missles don't even need line of sight.
>>
>>49715654
Vet squad
2 Meltas
Chimera
shotguns
Power weapon
Carapace armor
Lord Commissar with power weapon
Priest with power weapon

I think it would be pretty silly.
>>
>>49715775
>good fucking luck hiding your summoner out of line of sight when their fucking missles don't even need line of sight.
They do, however, need to wipe his 20 man unit with 3+ Feel No Pain before they can hurt him, and they cannot shoot if they're locked in combat.

I tested a game last night, 3 Riptides with heavy burst cannons, twin-linked smart missile systems, counterfire defense systems and 6 shielded missile drones failed to kill a single genestealer on Overwatch. I'm not overly concerned.
>>
>>49715855
This was, by the way, WITHOUT rolling on Biomancy OR getting the shrouded bonus from the Decurion.
>>
Not much point in fielding a particular chapter if I don't take advantage of their unique units, right?
>>
>>49714134
Can confirm, it didn't give me seizures or punch out my puppy like the GW codex.
>>
>>49715659
Yeah, just mathed it.

A grav-devastator squad using devastator doctrine for re-rolled hits + signum kills an average of 1.4 of my 8 point cultists dropping turn 1.

Scary.
>>
So, why don't the factions use relativistic bombs? Super simple, super deadly.

Take a 1 ton mass, accelerate it to 99% light speed, then launch it at a planet. Can't move a planet out of the way.
>>
>>49715921
>b-b-but grav skyhammer is the most OP thing in 40k ever, don't you know anon?!?!
>>
>>49715955
That's kinda literally what Nova Cannons are, anon. Only with a far lesser speed to stop Battleships from cracking planets and because 40k's narrative runs more off an out-of-universe need to keep everything relevant over actual science or strategy.
>>
>>49715955
the same reason why they don't use planet killers for...much of anything except last case scenario. planets are finite while the population for most races is ever growing. the imperium would rather send trillions of guardsmen to kill an objective rather than kill the planet with exterminatus.
>>
>>49715855
the only thing tau really have that messes up the cult is their interceptor options

otherwise it's
>did you seize the initiative (Y/N)
>if Y, you win
>if N, you lose
>>
>>49715955
Pretty much Nova cannons.
>>
>>49715921
You must be doing math wrong, then.

Grav Devs will kill 3 on average with the 3+ FNP, but the better usage is Salamanders. Fuck your 20 man mob, strength 6 Flamers mean you'll have one hell of a time fighting. It even sounds pretty terrifying to charge. Neat.
>>
>>49715352
Thats why im hoping if it is real we'll get it before fw book (which is now due in march apparently so much more breathing room)
What im afraid of is it getting bundled with fenris part two or some other campaign shit
>>
>>49716067
>You must be doing math wrong, then.
No, I'm not.

All my shit has a 2+ cover save turn 1.

Good luck.
>>
>>49715171
>Women generally don't play 40k because the women around them don't play 40k.

Could it perhaps also be that 40k generally just doesn't appeal to them on a basic biological level?
>>
>>49716067
>Salamanders
And how many competitive Salamanders lists are seeing tournament play, exactly?

You can write a list tailored to kill GSC but that doesn't mean it's a list that's going to make it to the tables that GSC are playing on.
>>
Anyone having problems getting into Mega? It keep saying decrypting.
>>
>>49713154
Probably it's going to become a dual kit with non possessed\bomber option
>>
>>49713154
only Sold Out on US site, you can still buy the 2 pack formation, or try from other country.

Meanwhile Solitaire Sold Out in Aus and Nz..
>>
>>49716188
it's the old link that's gone bad. it keeps getting passed from thread to thread because people are retarded. here's a working one

https://mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!TppgEYxD

be warned it's missing some stuff.
>>
>>49713618
Wait for Diaz daemonettes and seekers
>>
>>49715384
If the new Adeptus Titanicus sell then yes.

According to rumors :

-"Starter set" include the city game board and rulebook, 0 models.
-Being forgeworld, they probably sold body and arm separatedly.
-All are resin.

Kthxbye, check me back when GW is taking over.
>>
>>49716188
Old link refuses to work on PCs for some reason.
Works fine on mobiles/tablets for whatever reason.
The new link >>49716301 has no encryption and is missing a few things.
>>
Question:

Just built some Skitarii Vanguard. Their default weapon causes 2 wounds on a 6+ roll to wound.

Does the defender roll 2 armor rolls (1 per wound) or 1 armor roll (both wounds covered by a single save)?
>>
>>49716408
Basically it causes one extra wound on 6+. So 2 save rolls.
>>
>>49711499
>>49715251
http://www.mediafire.com/?nz3inu06zfik6nh

There you go
>>
>>49716358
>"Starter set" include the city game board and rulebook, 0 models
>0 models
wat
>>
>>49716429
This, you just allocate an extra wound for each 6 before any saves are made.
>>
>>49716408
In this case it's 1 armor/invul save for both.
If the rule causes "HITS" you get more saves.
If it causes more "WOUNDS/GLANCES/PENS" it's 1 save.
>>
>>49716408
>>49716429
VS
>>49716471

Let the fight begin!
>>
>>49716471
Completely wrong. You don't take saves vs hits, you take saves vs Wounds.

You're confusing this with the Strength D special rule which works completely differently from the norm.
>>
>>49715574
You forgot your " :^) " to indicate you were shitposting, anon.
>>
>>49716509
Only Genestealer Cultist shitposters would go through extra lengths to disguise their shitposting, integrating it into the wider post-population under false face.
>>
Most competitive way to run genecults?
Not trying to waacfag, just trying to see where the meta's at.
>>
>>49716453
I love you forever.
>>
>>49716554
Mass summon spam. At least 12 WC.
>>
>>49716789
So, is it feasible to rely on Psychic Summons? I've never ran a summoning list (or really played against many, for that matter). Its at most a 33% chance to get the power, right?
>>
>>49715264

I have a WD that has their rules inside. When they released the boxed game.
>>
File: IMG_9476.jpg (243KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9476.jpg
243KB, 800x800px
First Guard list I've ever made after picking up some models off a friend. I also have a chimera and a Heavy weapons team if that matters. I usually play against a friend who runs infantry only footslogging Necrons, thinking of getting a manticore to demolish his blobs

++HQ++
Company Command Squad (118pts)
-4+
-Regimental Standard
-Vox-caster
-The tactical auto-reliquary of Tyberius

++ELITES++
5 Ratlings (50pts)
-Dont forget they have stealth

Tempestus Scions (155pts)
-10 models
-2 Hot shot volley-guns
-Vox-caster

++TROOPS++
Infantry Platoon (183pts)
Platoon Command Squad (41pts)
-Vox Caster
-3x Sniper Rifles

Infantry Squad (71pts)
-Grenade Launcher
-Form Heavy Bolter Team
-Bolter for Sarge
-Vox Caster

Infantry Squad (71pts)
-Grenade Launcher
-Form Heavy Bolter Team
-Bolter for Sarge
-Vox Caster

Infantry Platoon (273pts)

Platoon Command Squad (41pts)
-Vox Caster
-3x Sniper Rifles

Infantry Squad (71pts)
-Grenade Launcher
-Form Heavy Bolter Team
-Bolter for Sarge
-Vox Caster

Infantry Squad (71pts)
-Grenade Launcher
-Form Heavy Bolter Team
-Bolter for Sarge
-Vox Caster

Special Weapons Team (90pts)
-3x Demolition Charges

++FAST ATTACK++
2 Scout Sentinels (80pts)
-2x Heavy Flamer
-2x Smoke Launchers

++HEAVY SUPPORT++
Leman Russ Eradicator (140pts)
-3x Heavy Bolters

TOTAL: 999
>>
>>49716875
>999pts

What's with /tg/ and their obsession with being one point off lately, did I miss something?
>>
There's an 1850 point tourney coming up locally that I don't care if I win in but would like to participate in. I don't have enough models I think to actually do it though in a way that's good.

I have four Leman Russes, two Chimeras, Thirty Guards and a command, four with melta two with plasma, two sentinels, twenty skitarri rangers with two transeuranic arquebueses, and a commisar model I probably won't use. I also have a hellhound kit coming on friday.

What's the cheapest way to fill in the gap?
>>
>>49716931
Trying to squeeze in as many points as possible without spilling over the limit?
>>
>>49716931
We like to mess with your head and trigger your autism non.
>>
>>49716814
50% on a Magus with the Crouchling, and you run 6 psykers, you'll get it on at least two of them.
>>
>>49716968
Sounds about right.
>>
>>49716950
You could fill that one point with a bolter though, in one of the commands.
>>
>>49716931
Sometimes there's nothing for 1 point that you can fit in.

Luckily I had a Bolt Pistol available for one of my Neophyte squads to make an 1850 GSC list.
>>
>>49716819
Oh, are they in there? Interesting.

I still wouldn't be averse to a book just for assassins. Even if just direct only.
>>
File: Shinji all grown up.jpg (731KB, 1024x1551px) Image search: [Google]
Shinji all grown up.jpg
731KB, 1024x1551px
If I wanted to roll with a mechanized space marine army what units would you recommend? I would be going for a battle tank heavy army as opposed to squads in rhinos.
>>
>>49717079
Vindicators

Lots and lots of Vindicators.
>>
>>49717079
My friend's Iron Hands have two Tac Squads in Rhinos, the command squad and captain on bikes then sinks a ton of points into the armor task force or whatever.

I play orks god damnit, why of all space marines did he choose to field a ton of artillery. I play Tankbusta Trukks, MANz wagon some gretchen and 6 Mek Gunz top. Any points higher than 1500 I have to start taking crap.
>>
>>49717079

3 vindicators in a squadron can fire a strength 10 AP2 ignores cover apocalyptic blast
>>
>>49717172
> Any points higher than 1500 I have to start taking crap.

I mean, you're orks, so that's sort of unavoidable, but couldn't you take two combined arms detachments and double your heavy support? Min tax of gretchins isn't too horrible all things considered.
>>
>>49716947
Leman russ x 4 is 600.

You could run pask and a punisher too. You could take one of those relic things like the mask.

vets
2 meltas
chimera
carapace armor
autocannon

That's 165 a squad. You do that twice. That's 330.

A hell hound is 125.
Thats about 1k points excluding pask.

I dont know about the skitarri.

Cheapest way to fill in those points would be to take creed and kell, but youre playing mech, so pask. Get another chimera so you can have 3 vet squads or 2 vet squads and a CCS all in armor so you can run those plasma guns. thats another 165.
>>
>>49716875
This has to be a joke.
>>
>>49717245
>I mean, you're orks, so that's sort of unavoidable, but couldn't you take two combined arms detachments and double your heavy support

I mean, I am orks so I am already running two CADs.

Off the top of my head my 1500pt list is:

HQ:
MA Warboss - Lucky Stikk
Painboy

Troops:
2x10 Gretchen

Elite:
2x5 Tankbustas in trukks
6 MANz in a Battlewagon (one of them with killasaws)

Fast:
7 Warbikers with a Power Klaw on the Nob

Heavy:
3x2 Smasha Guns with 2 Ammo Runts and 4 Extra Gretchen

HQ:
Painboy on bike
Warboss on bike w/ Bosspole

Troops:
2x10 Gretchen

kill me.
>>
>>49711417

Space wolves get a Leman Russ with battle cannon, erradicator, exterminator, vanquisher and their own vehicle upgrade kit which includes heavy frost cannon turret for the Leman Russ , how does /tg/ react?
>>
File: liasissodon1.jpg (739KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
liasissodon1.jpg
739KB, 3264x2448px
>>49713932
It's about average for space marines, as far as chapters go. On paper having Heavy 1 Rending bolters seems pretty damn great, but in practice they're situational at best. You gain the ability to ~threaten~ anything short of AV14 with otherwise unassuming scouts. But otherwise you will constantly find yourself juggling priority. I personally find myself rapid firing my bolters more often than I rend them, and it's not unheard of for me to go entire games without ever once using their chapter tactic.

Also there's a small nuance to the rending shennanigans that you have to remember. Any squad that chooses to swap their bolter's statline to rending, keeps said swap during the enemy's turn. So say you have a squad that tries to rend termies to death, and fails to kill enough of them. You get charged, and you're now forced to overwatch with Heavy 1 weapons, instead of rapid fire. It makes the overwatch considerably weaker.

Anyway, the only other thing the chapter has going for it is how much of a dense motherfucker Lias Issodon is. He's such a cheesy, yet paradoxically fragile snowflake of a character. Lias Issodon buffs your army like a motherfucker, and piles on huge debuffs to the enemy, but his complete lack of any invuln saves means he goes down like a limp dick if anyone with the words "power" and "fist" get in melee with him. And yet DESPITE that weakness, he's Initiative SIX, so he goes simo' with daemon princes.
>>
>>49716875
Put the Scions in the chimera.
Get rid of the Special weapons team.
Make all your heavy weapons teams autocannons or lascannons. Your scouts are going to die. You dont need a vox caster in every infantry squad if you are combing them. Bolters are boring on sarges, boys before toys m8. Grenade launchers should be flamers, GLs are fucking useless trash.
>>
>>49717387
I think it's only fitting and I would welcome it. SW has been quite lacking in terms of reliable long range firepower with long fangs as durable as wet paper nowadays, and I think it's nice and fluffy for space wolves to work with a leman russ detachment. It's big, loud and named after their primarch, what's not to like?
>>
>>49715955
Just open up a warp portal in the projectiles path
>>
>>49717352
U triggered waacfaggot?
>>
>>49717393
>GLs are fucking useless trash
What if they get two shots/rapidfire or become free?
>>
>>49717387
>give Space Marines a vehicle they can't fit in
As if Space Wolves can't be doing any worse right now.
>>
>>49717521
You're still working with a str3 ap6 blast or a str6 ap4 shot, neither of which are particularly threatening. the flamer still beats it out by offering ignores cover and better wound potential at str4 as t4 is the baseline.
>>
>>49717523
until their recent codex space wolves had the leman russ exterminator.

in honour of leman russ finding the stc for the leman russ
>>
>>49717547
Then make them free as flamers arent free and are better weapons
>>
I want a chaos marines kit that isn't 15 years old or older. Is there a reason other than certain builds from 3rd edition why this can't happen?
>>
>>49717609
Well, the low price of free IS hard to beat, but if it's still stuck at 1 special weapon per 10 guys then the GL will probably not see use unless it's a very small game, like 500pts or kill-team.
>>
>>49717618
Gw a lazy shit
>>
>>49717588
They have Exterminators in very limited numbers and they are barely ever used as they are more presents rather than actual mass produced models. It totally makes sense for them to be gone.

And again, it would be either annoyingly hard or impossible for a Space marine to fit inside a Leman Russ. A Predator/Rhino is more than twice the size of a Leman Russ.
>>
>>49717631
Then apply the other change (2 shot or rapidfire) as well as free

Will gw ever properly balance this game in our lifetimes?
>>
>>49717649
they still have them available and putting them back the codex, perhaps just not able to be taken as squadrons. it would be completely fitting to give them back on the table top.

if size is an issue just say they're crewed by serfs.
>>
>>49717650
I don't know what to tell you, I'm not a game designer so I wouldn't know what the first step to making a game have options that also don't become fake ones. If I did have 1 request from GW it would be to maybe retool some of the old weapon stats so that they can still see some use in the new meta. Plasma guns are almost completely phased out thanks to grav guns existing for anti TEQ/MC and occasional tank hunting purposes without the crippling "roll 1 and die" problem that all imperial plasma weapons share. Shit, maybe a rework on the Stormbolters could see regular Terminators see play again to help justify that 175pt base cost, and the same goes for Heavy Bolters which tend to be outclassed by better options.
>>
>>49711499
Try searching the archive for the names and see if links turn up - I know that there is one for watchers in death and last son of dorn.
At work now so I cant find them myself.
>>
>>49717649
>it would be either annoyingly hard or impossible for a Space marine to fit inside a Leman Russ
not really

>A Predator/Rhino is more than twice the size of a Leman Russ.
you're joking, right

You do realize the russ is a significantly larger and heavier tank than the predator, right?
>>
File: ScaleVsLemanRuss (1).jpg (462KB, 1645x590px) Image search: [Google]
ScaleVsLemanRuss (1).jpg
462KB, 1645x590px
>>49717793
Nigga what are you smoking?

And if a Russ can barely fit three regular people, it'll have a hard time fitting a Space Marine since not only is it smaller than a Predator, but like a Predator it has general lack of space to make up for weapons.

>>49717684
It seems kinda useless to do so with the modern rules that can allow the Russ to come in a separate detachment though. Ultimately just a fluff based add-on, and right now Space Wolves have bigger problems in terms of fluff vs TT than just not being able to use LR Exterminators.
>>
>>49714476
It's funny because now you can field Basilisk with Imperial Armour, Obliterators suck, and Unbound is a legal format.

All this and CSM is still considered an underpowered codex today.
>>
>>49717835
>oblits suck
What? Havent they not changed since 3.5 aside from points cost obv
>>
>>49717844
Power creep, not fearless anymore (fucking seriously??) and you can't shoot the same weapon twice in a row.
>>
>>49717844
well, they lost autocannons, gained assault cannons, lost fearless, lost a point of toughness and something else
>>
File: images (36).jpg (10KB, 297x170px) Image search: [Google]
images (36).jpg
10KB, 297x170px
>>49717523
>give Space Marines a vehicle they can't fit in
>implying
>being this new
Careful anon your newfagginess is showing
>>
>>49717844
Also they are still only t4

they can deepstrike, but CSM can't null deploy and have few ways to mitigate bad reserve rolls and scatter.

and they can't take grav cannons, can't split fire, etc

Centurions are better in every way.
>>
File: Obliterators.jpg (637KB, 1580x736px) Image search: [Google]
Obliterators.jpg
637KB, 1580x736px
>>49717844
Nein.
>>
File: dd_scales.jpg.jpg (67KB, 1022x401px) Image search: [Google]
dd_scales.jpg.jpg
67KB, 1022x401px
>>49717816
>since not only is it smaller than a Predator
that's not a predator, though? It's some weird 30k leman russ conversion.

>And if a Russ can barely fit three regular people
Russes have a standard crew of SIX

>main gunner
>reload bitch
>hull gunner
>(2) sponson gunner
>driver
>commander

Space marines can afford autoloaders, and can slave the various guns to their armour's controls (which is why land raiders and predators can get away with only having two crew). It is completely possible for two marines to crew a russ if they needed to.
>>
What Spess Muhreens have the most interesting playstyle/chapter rules aside from the disgusting Space Wolves?
>>
>>49717970
White Scars with Korsarro Khan. Enjoy scouting, outflanking parking lot and hit and run grav cents
>>
>>49717919
Nah it's smaller than a Predator still, being about 6 tonnes lighter and being shorter/not as wide. Though it's longer than the Predator. I exaggerated,

You're right it's six idk why I thought it was three.

But even then, not as many Marines can fit in while the LRs don't have the kind of systems something like a Land Raider does. They are cheap tanks after all.

>>49717881
Put one of those guys in the tank.
>>
File: lemons rush demolitionator.png (2MB, 1274x956px) Image search: [Google]
lemons rush demolitionator.png
2MB, 1274x956px
>>49718029
>and being shorter/not as wide
it's actually much taller than the predator

>about 6 tonnes lighter
according to FW, whose technical specifications are never accurate. Hey look another publication putting a russ at 68-72 tonnes depending on loadout whoah who even knew.

Give me a second and I'll post the GW page showing preds are 39-44 tonnes, too.

>not as many Marines can fit
They don't need as many to fucking fit, they have the tech and ability to cut down on the amount of crew they need in anything. We see this in their ships, in their tanks, and in their forges.
>>
File: PredatorSketch.jpg (99KB, 423x558px) Image search: [Google]
PredatorSketch.jpg
99KB, 423x558px
>>
What shade of blue would be the best to use when painting deathskull orkz?
>>
>>49718131
>>49718143
>using old ass pages from back when GW had no clue how to measure shit
>not using newer measurements
>being this much in denial about specs
>>
>>49718240
>from back when GW had no clue how to measure shit
are you saying FW has a clue on how to measure shit? FW, with their infamous land raider specs that have been quietly removed from later publications? FW, with their "barely BB gun" stub guns?

Are you saying you, yourself have no clue on how to measure shit? The models largely haven't changed in fifteen years.

>being this much in denial about the fact that space marines can and have crewed russes
>>
>>49718288
>blaming the airsoft stub guns on FW
>trying to go against actual numbers
>>
>>49718366
>implying FW isn't the only ones who have tried to put actual numbers on stub guns
>trying to shift the argument towards warhammer's inconsistent numbers to avoid confronting the fact that marines can and have crewed russes despite your insistence otherwise
>>
>>49711779
BRING BACK SQUAD KRAK
>>
>>49718386
>still hasn't shown anything about Marines actually using one with actual Marines inside it
>all these delusions not even from this dimension
>>
File: russ.png (183KB, 757x344px) Image search: [Google]
russ.png
183KB, 757x344px
>>49718474
>needing to be spoonfed like a child
okay
>>
>>49718529
>still using old ass shit that's irrelevant today
>>
>>49718548
>crew: space wolves
>>
>>49718548
Not the anon you were talking to, but I believe he was waxing nostalgic about the Ruses not being usable anymore in the first place...
>>
>>49718564
Again,
>still using old ass shit that's irrelevant today
Too much has changed to even use it as an example.

>>49718574
Yeah, but even then, it's a completely different game now with how GW's directions have gone with certain things especially the Space Wolves.
>>
>>49718595
>Too much has changed to even use it as an example.
yeah, because leman russes have changed very dramatically since april, 2000

oh wait we're using the same model never mind
>>
>>49717618
fuck you you want everything space marines have and more you deserve to have the shittiest codex in the game because of that fucking broken shit i swear every table back then was some stupid ass red tide or plaguemarine spam enjoy your old berserkers from 1999 and reminisce over your glory days more you aspie
>>
>>49717618
>15 year old plastic kit

Please tell me more about your problems
>>
>>49718641
We had russes in a single codex out of the 4 we've had across editions. I don't think it's that needed or relevant anymore. We didn't have it in 2nd ed, and if we didn't have it then it's not nostalgic
>>
>>49718730
>suffering Olympics
they had the right idea with AoS I think by putting all the old factions out of their misery.

No more biannual releases for Orks, Nids, Deldar, and CSM. No aging catalog for the Inquisition and Ecclesiarchy to hear sob stories about. Just remove them and funnel players towards the newest hotness.

Move the setting into the 42nd millennium, and write it so that these factions are no longer considered important in the lore, with the Eldar making a comeback and Tau slowly creeping across space. Necrons aren't as dangerous but they never seem to go away, the guard are still around playing second fiddle to the marines, daemons once in a while show up to remind people they exist, and the martians are still being weirdos as usual.
>>
>>49718732
I don't even play wuffs. I'm just mad as fuck at this guy for being wrong and obstinate about it.

Like, all that's changed since then has been the russ getting some new weapon options and the heavy designation? (is the heavy vehicle rule still a thing?) Basic marines getting a point cut and ugly giant wolves?

It's not like marines and leman russes have changed size. The codex just took the option out. There's no fluff reason, so why act like there is one with weird rationalizations like "they can't fit"?
>>
>>49718732
3rd ed is 18 years and 4 editions ago.
3e and even 4e is nostalgic now.
>>
File: space marines offtime.jpg (537KB, 800x2400px) Image search: [Google]
space marines offtime.jpg
537KB, 800x2400px
Guys, I want to grab the Titan graphic novels books by Dan Abnett as a gift for a bro.

Only problem is Im confused about how mnay books there are.

I remember reading them all in a long ass /co/ story time before years ago, but Im not sure how many books exist.

There seems to be Titan:God Machine, Titan II:Vivaporious, and then Titan III:Cold Steel.

Ive considered ordering right from the Black library website, so I can get shiny new copies, but they only have a single book just listed as "Titan" for sale. Is it the entire story all collected into one book? Or is it only the first book? The description is kind of vague on what it actually is.

http://www.blacklibrary.com/graphic-novels/graphic-novels-40k/titan-direct-exclusive.html
>>
>>49718548

You lost that argument all the way back here.
Give it up.
>>
>>49718937
>>49718529
You mean here is where he lost.
When the other guy won.
>>
>>49718710
here's your (you)
>>
>>49718944
Fuck.
Yeah, that.

>'Have no proof'
>'Have no proof'
--Gets proof
>...
>'Proof is old'

That's just being a shitty loser.
>>
>>49718957
>>49718944
>>49718937
can both of you just kiss and makeup now?
>>
Does anyone use a Chaos Lord on a Juggernaut of Khorne with a squad of bikes?

What are your experiences and how did you kit you dudes out?
>>
>>49718529
>Crew: Space Wolves
Wow damn they really specified that, other anon got BTFO
>>
New to 40k, got two lots of the Dark Vengence Dark angels (plus limited ed 6th mini)
Guide me /tg/ where do I go from here to make a 1k/1.5k army?
>>
>>49719054
if it were an older edition you would have gotten specific crew numbers, too. Because vehicle crew could be killed/bail out.

Adding sponsons was a good idea for the fact you get extra guns, but also because it meant you had more guys to take over when your driver/main gunner inevitably catches a bullet and someone has to replace him.
>>
>>49719052
You can't join bikes and cavalry together.

Either put your lord on a bike, or get some spawn, as beasts and cavalry can group together.

A juggernaut lord with the special axe and an escort of 1-2 spawn is a classic combo. Spawn have a lot of wounds, are very fast, and are no slouch in combat.

>wtf is up with the captchas hiroyuki stop trying to make me buy a pass
>>
>>49719080
get some rhinos for your tac squads, figure out a plan for your HQ as having them on foot with no transport is bad, and consider packing some melta somewhere in case there is some AV14 on the field.
>>
>>49719153
Where does it say in the BRB that you can't join cavalry and bikes? I can't seem to find any mention that you can't.

I was thinking bikes so that they can LoS and jink against some higher ap shooting attacks while also having some plasma/melta guns.
>>
>>49719153
>You can't join bikes and cavalry together.
oh really?

not that anon but I've been runningmy juggerlord with bikets for a while now. even at a couple of tournaments.

what rule have i missed?
>>
>>49716165
How so? Tread carefully, because we're laymen presuming understanding of evolutionary psychology.
>>
>>49716165
Dunno.

Every female i know whos into 40k is of the sort who only ever had guy-friends.
>>
>>49719346
seems the dominant "type" in my area too. apart from a handful that play because their significant other does ( my wife among them).
>>
>>49719153
Codex: Deathwatch would imply you can join fucking anything together.
>>
>>49719270
We're actually pretty good at it. Notice how most recent GOTY's always include some kind of paternal instinct angle?
>>
>>49719441
The fuck does that have to do with anything?
>>
File: chaos cultistchan.jpg (59KB, 421x292px) Image search: [Google]
chaos cultistchan.jpg
59KB, 421x292px
>try to order books off black library
>no paypal or anything
>have to make an account with them and enter my credit card info
>okay fine, whatever, gimme my books
>credit card declined
>card works just fucking fine on literally every other website online
>>
File: 1416490965600.jpg (1MB, 2400x1697px) Image search: [Google]
1416490965600.jpg
1MB, 2400x1697px
I'm struggling with something.

I don't particularly like the tau. That's not the problem though. I just don't like these blue, cloven-hoofed aliens being led by bluer, hoofier aliens with weird mind powers going on about this greater good that has no relation to the greater setting. Now comes the problem: If the "tau" were actually humans, I'd love the shit out of them. Some human empire that went unnoticed behind a warp storm, advancing technology when the Imperium couldn't, relying on range and suits to fight superhumans, gods, and impossibly horrifying aliens. Humans that saw the Imperium, couldn't deal, and insist on their independence in open rebellion to the same success of the current tau (Imperium can't afford the war resources of putting down a rebellion of this size in face of everything else going on).

Honestly, I'd love the shit out of them. I love gundums. I like range. I always thought melee was ill-suited for the far future where guns could do whatever, but if you had to do it, at least do it in a super battle suit. I genuinely like everything the tau has going for them - except the tau themselves. Those blue fucks should be humans. I think I'd actually like them then.

I know they'd suffer from the same "well why can these mary sues advance their technology?" complaint, but considering all the technology that the eldar and necrons have going on, I don't see why the hell technology CAN'T advance. Sometimes the admech accidentally into chaos machines or whatever, but probably because chaos focuses on them. The deldar don't have this problem when making new shit, and they are literally in the Warp. Moreover, you could even have a good explanation by saying the planet had some left over DAoT researchers/library, or that one of those DAoT ships that finally left the Warp was actually well received there, or whatever. Humanity had better tech once. There's no reason one planet couldn't have kept a greater portion of it, hidden in that warp storm.
>>
>>49719080
Update here,
Looking at being as budget as possible, (New Zealand pricing) with my two dark vengeance kits.
I was thinking I could make
1x Demi-company
1x Deathwing Redemption
1x Ravenwing Attack squad,

And to do that, all I would need to do is pick up Belial a land speeder and some assault marines.
Would that work, and is it a good idea?
>>
>>49719660
>Now comes the problem: If the "tau" were actually humans, I'd love the shit out of them.
this desu. I actually have a few tau models, but I only like the battlesuits and the fire warriors where none of the heads are exposed. I just treat them as mary sue special forces instead of vagina faced blueberries.
>>
>>49719664
I heard dark shroud are pretty good
>>
File: gw-99120101125.jpg (123KB, 920x950px) Image search: [Google]
gw-99120101125.jpg
123KB, 920x950px
>>49719664
Oblig: >this
>>
File: We just don't know.gif (999KB, 250x251px) Image search: [Google]
We just don't know.gif
999KB, 250x251px
>>49719726
>box shows knights
>display shows termies
>>
>>49719797

New thread bitches
>>
>>49719810
>Probably sprue options.
>>
>>49719844
I refuse.
Make a real one.
>>
>>49719848
>sprue options
Nigga they use different bodies and arms/weapons. That would mean straight up a squad of termies & and squad of knights, which GW would more than happily advertise and charge out the ass for.
>>
>>49719660

>Those blue fucks should be humans. I think I'd actually like them then.
>What are Gue'vesa?
>>
>>49718548
>3rd edition is irrelevant
Fuck has it really been that long?
That was my codex from when I started, up until early 5th.
>>
>>49719894
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Dark-Angels-Deathwing-Knights
its the same kit, my dude.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (707KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
707KB, 1200x1600px
>>49720044
>>What are Gue'vesa?
Awful? Not even remotely close to what I'm talking about?
>>
>>49720128
Actually they seem really good. I never use frag grenades so -_o.o_-

Cheaper better fire warriors.
>>
>>49720158
>Actually they seem really good.
What part of that reads "good" to you? Still 4 pts per model, yet no access to special weapons, no more Orders, and your only Special Rule is letting 90% of your opponents have free (as in gratis) Preferred Enemy against you. Oh, and now you have to pay for frag grenades, for some baffling reason, meaning it's 5 pts per model to even just pretend you are baseline guardsmen (who are 4 pts a model but have frag grenades stock).

Not a single bit of that is good. Not one thing.
>>
>>49720158
>Cheaper better fire warriors.
Oh, anon. I just realized. Pffffthaha. You might want to re-read that part.
>>
Is the Tempestus Scion Codex on mega?
>>
Rate my spec list? (1000+5 points)
I think it's a pretty fun sounding summoner list.
also, 5 CADs
++ Genestealer Cults - Codex (Combined Arms Detachment) ++

+ HQ +

Magus [Mastery Level 2, The Crouchling]

Magus [Mastery Level 2]

+ Troops +

Acolyte Hybrids [5x Acolyte Hybrid]

+ HQ +

Magus [Mastery Level 2]

Magus [Mastery Level 2]

+ Troops +

+ HQ +

Magus [Mastery Level 2]

Magus [Mastery Level 2]

+ Troops +

+ HQ +

Magus [Mastery Level 2]

Magus [Mastery Level 2]

+ Troops +

+ HQ +

Magus [Mastery Level 2]

+ Troops +

Thread posts: 387
Thread images: 56

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.