[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Warhammer 40k General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 375
Thread images: 43

File: Best General.png (1MB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Best General.png
1MB, 1024x768px
Best General Edition

>Last Threads >>49695657 >>49689385

>Rules Databases
https://mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!2tgBUTYI

>FAQ’s and Errata (outdated but official)
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s).
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
http://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library
https://mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb
>>
It's been months since Ive played anything, I just paint.
>>
so where do you guys get recasts, I want to see if any of them sell the exclusive minis
>>
File: Salamnders 1500 Immolators.png (66KB, 676x1582px) Image search: [Google]
Salamnders 1500 Immolators.png
66KB, 676x1582px
r8?

Also, can a tactical marine squad see through their dedicated metal box if it's in coherency?
>>
>>49703311
Miranda. She's the best for characters and exclusives.
>>
>>49703317
Also, would I be smart or stupid trading my Sergeants' combi-meltas for Plas Pistols, or trading my metal boxes' hunter-killers for dozer blades?

Also thinking of axing the two servo servitors. The tecs are pretty unlikely to get into CC so they'll do no good.
>>
>>49703317
Don't mix different combi/special weapons. The MC combi melta is going to invalidate the flamer for a full turn.

And how are all those Centurions getting to where they need to be?

And why assault cents vs Honour Guard, Vanguard Vets or a Command Squad?
>>
>>49703290
I just broke my three month dryspell of wargaming. Work was hectic and I don't have weekends off now.

>>49703311
CCON has that special free marine upgrade dude with the D weps.
>>
>>49703317
Why don't you give your tac squads plasma guns instead of cannons? You'll get some movement and shooting from inside the rhino
>>
>>49703340
Hunter-killers are trash, if you play on terrain-heavy tables the dozer might be useful.
>>
>>49703186
What the fuck is with the epub mega? What happened to the other one?
>>
>>49703406
OP is a fucking nigger, here's the better links.

1Copy pasted links edition.

>Rules databases
https://mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>FAQ’s and Errata (outdated but official)
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s).
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
http://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

> The Black Library(Stay the fuck away from the clowns)
https://mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

> Space 0Din's glorious work
https://www.dropbox.com/s/lsx27fo3rq2x7tk/Codex%20-%20Orks%207th%20Edition%20Update%20[Space%20Odin](2016).pdf?dl=0
>>
>>49703317
A dedicated transport isn't part of the unit it's brought for, so no you can't see through it.
>>
>>49703414
Thanks anon.
>>
I just had a KT game today against the store's resident "WAACFAGGOT, Powergaming blatant cheater". It was my Raptors Kill Team against his GSC, on the mission where the attacker has to cross my deployment zone to score points. Important thing to note is that Outflanking and Turbo Boosting aren't allowed for what should be extremely obvious reasons... You could just auto-win with no consequences, and no ability for your opponent to counter it.

Anyway, things were going well, and I was very soundly winning it by points, even though my team was in shambles. By the end of turn 5, I was up to 6 points, to his 1, with only 2 scouts and a sternguard vet remaining. Then he used Cult Ambush to outflank(on a mission that explicitly doesn't allow outflanking), right into the corner of my deployment zone. Then in his shooting, he ran 10 genestealers off the board, pulling a win completely out of his asshole.

Should this even be allowed? I mean the rule he used was literally a fucking COPY PASTE, word for fucking word right out of outflanking. It looks like outflanking, it works like outflanking, it literally does the exact fucking same thing as outflanking. Which is again, banned from the given mission, for again fairly obvious reasons that the waacfaggot noticed.
>>
>>49703186
I know this isn't the Kill Team thread but would a chaplain be any good or is he too points intensive? I love the model but i'm not ready to go balls to the wall with my Crimson Fists yet all i have is a tac squad, a commander, and a Rhino
>>
File: Textured_Paints.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
Textured_Paints.pdf
1B, 486x500px
I'm glad these paints are coming out, it's going to make cave bases a lot easier to make.
>>
>>49703456
Can't take HQs in KT
>>
>>49703341
>Don't mix different combi/special weapons. The MC combi melta is going to invalidate the flamer for a full turn.
What would you suggest? Any combi at all or a plas pistol?

>And how are all those Centurions getting to where they need to be?
I hadn't been able to come up with a solution to that really. Probably my lack of experience talking, but I was going to get them to assist the Beamer tech in dealing out hurt at range.

>And why assault cents vs Honour Guard, Vanguard Vets or a Command Squad?
Literally no reason aside from I think cents are fucking cool. Is that a significant detriment to damage I could do?

>Why don't you give your tac squads plasma guns instead of cannons?
Basically, because these are Salamanders. So they get hot. I can't take a heavy flamer since this isn't 30k, so I took a flamer and a heavy I though could do damage at a range and still fit with the Promethean Cult.
>>
Why are Tau so perfect?
>>
>>49703456
Chaplains are better at boosting assaults, which tactical squads aren't very good at. I would get another tactical squad instead
>>
>>49703479
Welp, That answers that. Thanks anon
>>49703499
I was thinking about getting some scouts mainly for variety as my next purchase
>>
>>49703456
chaplains are budget commanders when you don't want to fuck around with psychic powers

They're cool, but only really shine in jump units.
>>
>>49703512
That's good too.
>>
>>49703516
>>49703499
I see when i eventually get one should i just flat out get the one with the jump pack? Also is there a fluff reason that they're in all black would it be an eye sore if i just used a deep dark blue just to represent my chapter
>>
Why does tg hate on Blood Angels armor? I thought the sculpted armor showed their angelic nature and superior craftsmanship and love of art like their fluff says.

Also, why the hate on inferno pistols and hand flamers? Fifteen points for melta and an extra attack seems like a pretty good deal. Useful against vehicles and walkers before a charge.
>>
>>49703456
I fucking love that mini, I just absolutely love everything about it Jesus I want like 3 of them
>>
>>49703555
3" Melta Range, it can literally be thwarted by a completely average scatter on the deep strike. Your OWN dice will stop the melta from applying before shots even happen.

Also, Hand Flamers are only useful against guardsmen, and that's it. Their low strength and nonexistent AP means they will struggle to kill anything.
>>
>>49703552
>is there a fluff reason that they're in all black
kinda?

Tradition, symbolism, being spooky. For whatever reason, all chaplains wear black armor.
>>
>>49703584
Still Str 8 ap 1 at 6 inches which is great even if you don't get the extra melta roll.
>>
>>49703590
K, I wasn't 100% sure so i didn't want to look like a twat with a blue chaplain haha
>>
>>49703584
Uh, also useful against Eldar, Genestealer cults, anything t3 really.
>>
>>49703584
Regular bolt pistol is st4 one shot, wound on 4.
Hand flamer wounds t4 on 5+ But you can cover several models under a single template.
>>
>>49703552
If you don't want to do a jet black one, basecoat it in leadbelcher and then do about 5 or 6 coats of nuln oil to make a very dark metallic color that is almost black.
I would only field a chaplain with a jump pack in an assault squad or a vanguard squad, or a chaplain with terminator armor in a terminator squad of any kind.
I prefer librarians over chaplains since they can do more potentially
>>
>>49703449
Your opponent sounds like a bona fide turbo-faggot.
>>
>>49703645
Same kind of faggot that creatively misinterprets the rules to give things like 3+ armour to artillery crew, or uses loaded dice. His previous antics included a kill team with 60 fucking models, that went 12 - 0 in a tournament.
>>
File: Capture.png (42KB, 789x139px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
42KB, 789x139px
>>49703449
Please correct me if I'm wrong , but I thought the cult ambush rule can't be used in kill team due to pic related.
>>
>>49703552
>>49703590
Chaplains are Black to represent their loyalty and service is to the Emperor alone, all others come before Him. This tradition started with the Imperial Heralds and their Black clad, Skull helmed Heralds who bore the Imperial Truth to worlds who were to either comply, or be destroyed.

After Lorgar came to power, they were renamed Chaplains, loyalty checking, and inspiring morale, as well as being fonts of wisdom. And in the Word Bearers, acting as priests. When they were yet again renamed to the Dark Apostles of the Word Bearers diring the Horus Heresy, they still kept the black, for some reason.
>>
Is it GW's fault that 40k isn't balanced or is it the community's fault for constantly exploiting rules loopholes and making the meanest lists possible?
>>
>>49703759
Yes.
>>
File: IMG_20161008_211137.jpg (4MB, 2992x4000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161008_211137.jpg
4MB, 2992x4000px
>>49703640
Actually, I may have to do this that sounds really awesome

I have one last question then I'll shut up. Does drilling out the barrels of your Bolters actually look good or is this a meme? I'm currently magnetizing my combi-weaps mainly because I have a dremel and it takes all of 2 seconds
>>
>>49703759
GW is at fault for making entire codex's trash and the community should leave cutthroat lists for tournaments.
>>
>>49703774
Always drill the barrels out
>>
>>49703759
Both. You can't expect a competitive context like a tournament to not try to cheese it out, and then people are netlisting retards that take it into a FLGS for no reason. But on the other hand, they were the ones that wrote Craftworld Eldar and Orks in the same edition and supposedly expected them to go toe to toe with each other.
>>
>>49703670
That's an extremely good point.. I'm going to have to bring this up with him next time I see him.
>>49703774
Drilling your bolters is a necessary part of modeling, as it's a form of extra detailing that makes it look nicer. The alternative is to just paint a black dot in the center of your bolter, but that'll be painfully obvious to anyone who looks. Otherwise people mostly expect you to drill your barrels(and sometimes even the compensators).
>>
>>49703774
You have to be really good at it. On most boltguns, it is unneeded.
>>
>>49703759
It's GW's fault the rules are so janky.

It's the community's fault for making tournament metagaming the go-to for listbuilding.

Shame there's probably not going to be another warmachine-tier release to siphon off some of the rabid tournament dudes.
>>
>>49703774
Always drill, it looks good
>>
Should Chaos Marines have ATSKNF?

As a Blood Angels player I say no. I'd like to be able to buy an extra CCW and strike at initiative 5 every turn with Mark of Slaanesh but I can't.
>>
>>49703785
>>49703791
Ok will do, what about meltas and flamers? Do you also drill out the vents for them or leave them since they're oblong?
>>
>>49703824
I drill the hole where it shoots out of. The vents can stay as is.
>>
>>49703823
There's nothing stopping you from running Codex CSM for your Bangles if it's so good.
>>
>>49703482
I'd say dump the ass cents entirely. Tech marines aren't the best either--if you really want a conversion Beamer, bring a xenos inquisitor. He can take servo skulls to have better accuracy too.

Bring more tac squads in rhinos for taking objectives. Give them plas gun + combi plas and keep it to 5 man squads. Alternatively, swap to melta/combi melta.

If you like flamers, normal assault squads can bring 2.

Also, pistol upgrades are almost always a waste. Inquisitors can get them for 10 pts so they can be situationally useful, but basically every other army has no reason to.

Look at the Flameblade strike force in Angels of Death.
>>
>>49703823
ATSKNF shouldn't be as good as it is.
>>
>>49703851
Except that Codex Blood Angels exists. I accept the limitations of the book but I'm happy with what I have.
>>
>>49703824
It depends on the model. Personally I always drill Meltas and Flamers unless it's an RT-Style(Enormous Cone). On multi-meltas I also drill out the vents(Hold perpendicular, drill straight through).

Also, NEVER DRILL PLASMA WEAPONS. This is actually kinda a lore reason, because plasma weapons(with the notable exception of the Ryza Patten) don't actually have barrels. The little dish at the end of the plasma gun/cannon is actually a parabolic dish. The actual hole is microscopic.
>>
File: images.jpg (9KB, 197x255px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
9KB, 197x255px
>>49703823
No. In fact, they should all have leadership 6. And maybe role on the mob rule table as well. That way it is perfectly fluff accurate, just like it says here in my primer!
>>
>>49703823
They shouldnt. But the should instead have better normal leadership.
>>
File: Adrellllas.jpg (133KB, 419x431px) Image search: [Google]
Adrellllas.jpg
133KB, 419x431px
>>49703552
>would it be an eye sore if i just used a deep dark blue just to represent my chapter
F U C K T H E H A T E R S
I only have old WIP pics on my phone
>>
>>49703857
Would you say keep the ass cents if I swapped the crumbler-type seige drille for unofficial huge TTGL-esque point drills?
>>
>>49703862
Are you sure? For only 17ppm (plus champion tax) you could be the owner of a force of fear-knowing I5 marines with a CCW. Don't hamper yourself by playing the obviously inferior BA codex just because GW says so. It even includes a super fluffy rule where your mandatory sarge can turn into a spaw- I mean death company guy.
>>
>>49703899
There's really no pleasing CSM players unless you give them 3.5 back and give them all the stuff Space Marines have, plus all their exclusive Chaos stuff.
>>
>>49703863
>NEVER DRILL PLASMA WEAPONS
the larger (main) barrel has always been drilled

have you not seen a plastic plasma cannon in the past twelve years, or what
>>
>>49703934
That's baller as fuck actually got any more?
>>
>>49703945
Dude, with Mark of Slaanesh and a power sword - a CSM Aspiring Champ can kill most other sergeants in a challenge.
>>
>>49703939
It'd look slightly better, but then they're still on Centurion models which might just be the worst thing ever made in GW's modern era (edging out baby-carrier Dreadknight).

They're also just not that good. No invuln save, fat, slow, poor damage, etc.
>>
>>49703785
>>49703791
>>49703792
>>49703821
On a related note, how do you guys un-fuck drilled barrels when the pin vise shifts position a little and you end up with HERP A DERP off-center muzzle.

Bolters look fucking amazing with properly drilled barrels but holy shit do I feel like a retarded piece of shit when the hole isn't right.
>>
>>49703552
Forge the narrative, came with some fluff for the chaplain and roll with it

>>49703934
Hey it's you the purple raven wing bro, glad to see you're still around, any new additions to your army?
>>
>>49703323
>Miranda

Never heard of her. I know of CCON ... where can I see Miranda's work?
>>
>>49703976
Green stuff the hole, try again.
>>
>>49703976
It depends on how far off center it is. I usually keep it as is, unless I somehow rip the side walls off. I like taking my hobby knife and cutting a small guidance hole first.
>>
>>49703950
Large Plastic Plasma cannon IS the Ryza pattern, oddly enough. It still has a parabolic dish, it's just that it also resembles a barrel. But you still don't drill through.

The Mars Pattern Plasma Cannon from forgeworld has a considerably smaller parabolic dish.

https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-WW/Mars-Pattern-Plasma-Cannon-Set
>>
>>49703948
Actually... yes, lets do that
Just read it few days ago and that codex would be terribly fun in current meta.
>>
>>49703976
Bolters? Wouldn't know. I'm IG.

But when I drill out heavy bolters I'm just cherry picking the best results, since the tanks I use as HB platforms come with 3 apeice and I only need 4 or 5 among the platoon. Try greenstuffing the barrels, then re-drilling slowly with the vice.
>>
>>49704006
Iron Warriors do not need basilisks.

Fuck.

That.
>>
>>49703934
>plastic
Wait. Did you not prime this?
>>
>>49704021
You say that like anyone even cares about basilisks anymore.
>>
>>49703976
leave the barrel black so it's hard to notice
>>
>>49704028
It doesn't look like it. If you're coming up with that color scheme in the first place, I doubt you understand modeling in the first place.
>>
>>49703969
>they're still on Centurion models which might just be the worst thing ever made
I think they look wicked, because they're huge.

>They're also just not that good. No invuln save, fat, slow, poor damage, etc.
Ok, I'm too new, don't they get twin-linked heavy bolters and a 2+ armor save? How far do they move? Isn't it 6"?
>>
File: Devastators-Art.jpg (76KB, 650x357px) Image search: [Google]
Devastators-Art.jpg
76KB, 650x357px
>>49703992
>But you still don't drill through.
GW drills (or at the very least paints the barrels on, in the case of 2e's pewter nightmares), and has since plasma weapons became a thing.

Both in art and miniature
>>
>>49704021
Nobody cares. They can have their basilisks via Renegades if the want to. Hell they can take like 24 of them if they want to.
>>
>>49703967
I know! It's great!

And for the low, low price of 37 pts (land raider fees may apply) your Blood Angels could also turn the meta on its head by killing sargents in challenges. What are you waiting for?! Call now!
>>
>>49704049
That wheel, though.
>>
>>49700165
>Thinking about starting Orks

Don't do it, anon. Few people could be as pumped as I was to play Orks, and I just had it completely beaten out of me. Not even the Space 0din dex could bring me back. I'm shelving the army until GW makes a dex that isn't a complete pile of garbage; if the next one is as blatantly phoned-in dogshit really firedHAHA ISN'T OUR INCOMPETENCE FUNNY, I'm selling my army along with as many links to acquiring second-hand models & hobby supplies as I can fit on a single page.
>>
>>49704051
sorry I just hate how they can't move and just... bleh. If you like them, then play them.

Heavy Bolters suck.

2+ armor isn't a lot. Two plasma guns could wipe the whole squad for a fraction of the points.

If you REALLY like Centurion models, take a Fast Attack Drop Pod and stick three Grav-Cannon DevCents inside it. It's a suicide squad to kill Riptides, Knights, etc. Even then, they're very expensive for what they do.
>>
>>49703934
His hands aren't on the handlebars. How does he steer his bike?
>>
I´m currently working on an IG army so far I have 1 company command squad, 1 chimera, 3 Russes, 2 Vendettas/Valkyries (group is fine playing with me using either of them), 10 tempestus, 1 infantry platoon (1 platoon command squad and 2 infantry squads) and I´m an infantry squad short of having the second one. I was looking to make a mixture of guardsman spam and some artillery. Based on what I have, should I get a pair of wyvrens or basilisk? I love the idea of the basillisk but I think that my russes have the artillery part covered and the wyvrens seem really good. What about sentinales and heavy weapon teams with autocannons? I dont like the idea of single shot weapons with BS 3. Also any general tips will be appreciated.
>>
>>49704128
No need to apologize. I'm too new to really know the combat efficiency of certain models. I just REALLY like the concept and look of them over the probably more effective termies and dreads.

Drop pod idea is cool though.
>>
File: 1460289173077.jpg (18KB, 163x218px) Image search: [Google]
1460289173077.jpg
18KB, 163x218px
>be randomly looking over some models on the GW site
>check out the eldar vyper
>the fucking cockpit has been painted

>>49704163
faith
>>
>>49704192
They pay those guys minimum wage to paint bulk models. What do you expect?
>>
aking a swing at KDK.

- Blood Host Detachment:

Slaughter Cult:
Lord on Jugg/Blood Forged Armour, Sigil, Claw, Fist
- 2 x Bloodletter squads (instrument + Banner)
- Possessed x 5 Rhino + Dozer
- 2 x 8 Cultists
- Spawn

-Gorepack:
- 2 x 3 Bikers, Melta bomb + Meltagun:
- 8 Flesh Hounds
- 8 Flesh Hounds

- Khorne's Bloodstorm:
- Raptors x 5 (2 meltas)
- Raptors x 5 (2 meltas)
- Warp Talons x5
- 1 Bale Drake

1831. Thoughts?
>>
Do Mechanicus Explorator Fleets have any sort of naming conventions? Like the Imperial Navy has "Battle Fleet <Segmentum>", Space Marines Fleets just go by their Chapter name (I think), but what about Explorator Fleets?
>>
>>49703985
Miranda Irene. You can find it from there.
>>
Looking to get into 40k
I liked the CSM models so I split a Dark Vengeance box with a friend
What should I get next?
>>
>>49704520
assless chaps so you can save time by letting your opponents just bend you over and fuck you in the ass without putting models on the table
>>
>>49704520
>
Get a riptide wing formation, jwhich consists of three riptides. It'll really boost your templars and bikers
>>
Is there any place to order cheap(ish) backpacks for cadian guardsmen. 3rd party or otherwise.
>>
>>49704520
A sense of entitlement that your faction needs everything loyaists have (but better), a keyboard that can type 50 complaints a minute on /tg/, and deamon allies
>>
>>49703343
>>49703985
Hey, I've been trying to get into recasts but can only find Z's info. Can I get a hint or two at how to find CCON?
>>
>>49704625
/r/ yoyhammer

good hunting
>>
>>49704632
Thanks anon
>>
Hey teeg, I'm looking for some olderfags here. Do any of you know if Macha's look was canon at the time everyone was drawing her? Particularly the 3 streaks along her cheeks.

As far as I recall, we never saw her face in Dawn of War 1, and if she was ever present in DoW2 (which I didn't play), google only shows me the generic farseer look with the cheeks covered.

Also, early art of her for Dawn of War 3 showed different markings, like https://www.dawnofwar.com/content/img/DQFOj6zo5TP0bsFw-92b404e556588ced6c1acd4ebf053f6809f73a93.png, yet suddenly it all consolidated with her usual marks from all comics, as seen in pic related. I read the devblog on her redesign for DoW3 and they didn't mention anything about her markings, but I feel like they must have realized her prior popularity from fans and just ran with it as an official look.

Can anyone confirm this?
>>
>>49704605
Recast HWT backpacks and FW Cadians.

FW Cadians look so much better than GW ones.
>>
>>49704652
Someone said it was how she was described in the novel adaptation of DoW but I'm not sure on that.
>>
>>49704632
shit man, found his info in less than a minute
>>
>>49704520
Try to put plasmas/meltas on 4 of those chosen, 1 box of csm for two 5 man squads, 3 rhinos, bikes, a lord, at least two sorcerers, a chaos spawn and with the helbrute you have a bl warband. Or you could quit... now
>>
>>49704666
>novel adaptation of Do
Oh yeah, I forgot that exists. Makes sense considering no one ever argued about her look once it started showing up in all the drawings.
>>
>>49704173
Wyverns are great infantry shredders for cheap, and you can magnetize/use an extra as a Hydra as long ranged Autocannons on skimmers/flyers. Basilisks are nice but fairly fragile, I'd stick to the sturdier Leman Russ tanks.

Sentinels are nice cheap distractions but not very durable, but the odd Armored Sentinel holding up an infantry squad in Assault because its front AV12 can be funny and handy. Heavy Weapon Teams are nice for infantry squads camping objectives, and a squad of Autocannons will bring the hurt, but they're vulnerable to being picked off.

If you take heavy weapon squads, don't forget your resident Divination psyker. I've also had some good experience with Leman Russ Exterminators to aid Autocannon spam but I imagine your tanks will shoot something heavier.

How do you plan on distributing your Guardsmen? One big blob or a bunch of squads?
>>
>>49704360
Usually "Explorator Fleet <name of head magos>"
>>
>Units that ALMOST good enough that you would run them regularly

Go.
>>
>>49704520
Helldrakes are good and I've seen daemon princes put in some work.
>>
>>49704788
Raveners.
>>
>>49704788
Devastators with anything aside from Lascannons/Gravcannons.
>>
>>49704520

What kind of Chaos army do you want to make?
>>
>>49704788
bloodcrushers, flamers of tzeentch, fiends, and GUO
>>
Chaos Marine fags bitch about no ATSKNF but they completely neglect crazy powerful stuff like Black Mace FMC Daemon Princes who can obliterate entire units in one turn.

You can't have it both ways.
If you want ATSKNF, play Loyalists. If you want Chaos goodies and Daemon allies - play Chaos Marines.
>>
Why are genestealers affected by terrain at all?

I thought they just crawled over it like it was fucking nothing in universe
>>
>>49704899
Because move through cover with all the other stuff they have makes them too good. It basically makes them the premier horde assault unit in the game.

Unfair. All units need to have a downside.
>>
>>49704831
I like Tzeentch and Nurgle
But I'm thinking Tzeentch because I've heard that the Thousand Sons are suppose to be getting some stuff soon
>>
>>49704697
One big blob with a primaris and a commissair on each, that way the first rank second rank order would work better than having smaller squads I believe, but I think that running one big blob would fuck me in regards of mobility and capturing objectives.
>>
Still hoping FW will update their old Imperial Aeronautica books, so that if anyone at my store insists on using Death from the Skies I'll be able to use an actual fighter instead of a snapshotting vendetta.
>>
>>49704915
Going at initiative 1 when charging into terrain in "stand in terrain and shoot:the edition" is a pretty fucking huge downside
>>
>>49704848
Flamers in the Warpflame Host are pretty great. 3 Heavy Flamers is nothing to sneeze at, and, 69 points, it's not really a big deal if they die. Plus they're fast and surprisingly durable.

>>49704892
CSM have three good units, and all of them are HQ. Juggerlord, Daemon Prince, and Sorcerers. Only the juggerlord is "unique", and even it is only marginally better than Juggerheralds from KDK. The Daemon Prince is inferior to the Daemons version, and Sorcerers don't have anywhere near as good of formation support as loyalist librarians.

You're either delusional or a lier if you really think CSM are decent as they are now.
>>
>>49704608
>implying loyalist shitters don't start whining as soon as a CSM homebrew gives them something worthwhile
>>
>>49704958
The problem there would be that currently, Tzeentch is the worst flavor of CSM in the book. Thousand Sons are worthless, and their old kit, while cool, is a huge pain in the ass to work with.
>>
As a Blood Angels player who suffered a much more recent fall from grace, Chaos Fags can such a dick.
As much as they refuse to admit it, Traitor's Hate was the better book.
You get Three core choices compared to our two choices and you get ObSec and free VOLTW.
One of our core choices has no extra bonus, no ObSec - and a rare, nearly always useless Zealot Rule. We finally got a good Decurion, Relics, and Warlord Traits but they can only be used by Chaplains in an extremely limited Detachment - but you still think you somehow got shafted.
Go fuck yourselves.
>>
>>49705102
>CSM have it better because they got three core choices
>one of which is a bunch of cultists (not Chaos Space marines)
>and the other is nothing but Khorne Berzerkers who cost almost the same as Death Company despite being vastly worse
Lol.

It makes sense that CSM whine the most. All Space Marine subfactions whine incessantly when they aren't the most powerful Space Marine book, and CSM are the worst of the Space Marine books.

If you want a bunch of ObSec Rhino squads, just take a CAD.
>free thing that's worse than what I get for free
lol
>>
>>49705102
Are you kidding?

You literally have the best assault terminators in the game now
>>
>>49705146
Yeah, but CSM got no new relics, which is better than getting Relics that only some units can use. Plus, BA got Deatch Company only Warlord Traits. At least Chaos Space Marines didn't get new Warlord Traits at all.
>>
>>49704987
Mobility will suck the bigger it gets yeah, but if its big enough you could probably spread and grab 2 objectives with the blob and provide a wall of men to buffer for anything like your tanks. Plus with flyers and Scions that should provide you the mobility to contest/grab objectives. If that's not enough there's Hellrain Brigade for respawning Scions if you ever plan on buying a Taurox.
>>
>>49705102
>this faggot again
When your formation core choices include Turn 1 drop pod shenanigans with reduced scatter, you don't even need ObSec because you'll just flatten your opponent's critical units. Not to mention the amount of bullshit possible with Super Friends allies.

3/10 for getting me to reply.
>>
>>49705230
Hey, shitposter, don't try to deny that BA got the worse book. Blood Angels may get to assault out of Deep Strike with their terminators, but CSM Terminators get Hatred against a single target. And, as if that wasn't enough for the whiny faggots, they can even change targets for their Hatred later. Talk about overpowered.
>>
>>49703186
https://mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

Use this mega as a rules database instead next time.
>>
>>49705038
Daemon prince doesn't have grenades, will die to anything with a knife standing in a bush.
I used to field a winged nurgle dp w black mace, but with all the auspex, markerlights, poison, Grav, I just gave up throwing 200+p away on an hq wo grenades or ablative wounds. Fuck even taus fucking suits get drones.
Yea I don't play csm anymore.
>>
>>49704899
>>49705022
You need to look at it from an all-or-nothing perspective. While genestealers are great at moving over/through obstacles, including crawling along walls and ceilings, they are certainly going to be slowed by wide networks of tanglewire or stuck slogging in a marsh. I'd rather they and most units with Move Through Cover have some specific type associated, like Move Through Cover (Ruins) or whatever genestealers are particularly good at skirting.

Also, don't forget that even if they had the universal Move Through Cover, they still fight at initiative 1 when charging through terrain. MtC only affects charge range.
>>
>>49705102
>no ObSec
ObSec is a mistake

5th edition's objective capturing/contesting situation was one of its better aspects.
>>
>>49705249
Obvious troll is obvious
>>
File: 1475628936768.jpg (67KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1475628936768.jpg
67KB, 720x960px
>>49703791
please post pics of your awesomely painted, drilled, magnetised army.

99% of drillers are playing grey tides. Or have a single stern gard squad painted and the rest is grey

(I don't give a fuck I play tyranids)
>>
>>49705102
Wait, don't Blood Angels have three core choices as well? Sure, they're split between the two detachments but isn't that just whining that you got more options than CSM?
>>
>>49705291
Yeah, the vast majority of people that I'd seen with painted armies didn't bother drilling their barrels. It's a meme.
>>
Mining Laser in a squad of Neophytes wth Shotguns and a grenade launcher.

Yea or Nay?
>>
>>49705311
stop the sarcasm and post proof
>>
>>49705327
yea

seismic cannon is pretty good too. but more expensive.
>>
Are there any pointy-eared abhumans, or does my inquisitor need to recrute some abandoned craftworlder or lost exodite?
>>
>>49704788
Tactical squads
>>
>>49705327
Sure. Its a 15pts lascannon and sometimes you want to just stand back and shoot something.

Also powerpick is not a bad choice for leader since you might want to charge if you roll 6 on Ambush. Neophytes in melee might sound bad but with Patriarch and Primus (+potential cult icon) hanging nearby they hit deceptively hard.
>>
>>49705384
Explain yourself, Anon. This feels mary sue-ish.
>>
>>49705384
None mentioned but considering abhumans have been far farther than baseline humans than simple pointy ears I think humans that have pointed ears would probably just be considered human by the imperium.
>>
>>49705384
certainly.
none officially mentioned as far as I've seen.
but if abhumans can vary enough to be literally beastmen, just pointy ears?
probably doesn't even classify as abhuman.
>>
File: 20140730-145612-53772312.jpg (256KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
20140730-145612-53772312.jpg
256KB, 1024x768px
>>49705384
There is only this but I dont think this is canon anymore.
>>
Is there a way to make this into a viable force for casual play?

>DV Chosen
>4 foot sorcerers
>Vrosh tatertot
>A rhino
>A few random other marines
>Many many khorne berserkers that i am not super keen on using.

Planning to add
>Terminator Sorcerer
>Some Raptors

I am thinking put all the sorcerers into a Cabal, giving that one crazy artifact to the terminator sorcerer. Then get my hands on some more cultists. I've got 40 in my other chaos army, but they are based and themed differently. Maybe someone more familiar with the new supplement can suggest something?
>>
>>49705376
>>49705401

Alright, thanks anons.
>>
File: 1294867626355.jpg (122KB, 876x627px) Image search: [Google]
1294867626355.jpg
122KB, 876x627px
Here's my attempt at making a competitive rip-and-tear Space Yiff list, doubt that it will be able to stand up against the top tier lists out there, but the best I can do within a single faction.

I'd like to imagine if I go up against a close combat units that I can't actually beat (like daemons) I'll just promptly roll over and die because I've got no alternatives

Praise the stormshield

Champion of Fenris
HQ
Wolf Guard Battle Leader - Thunderwolf, Runic Armour, Stormshield, Krakensword - 175

Elite
Servitor - 10
Servitor - 10

Fast Attack
5*Thunderwolf cavalry - 3*storm shield, Power fist, Frost sword - 290
6*Thunderwolf cavalry - 3*storm shield, Power fist, Frost sword - 330
Drop-pod - 35

Murderpack
5*wulfen - 2*Stormshield/Hammer, Frost claw, 2*Frost Axe, Grenade launcher - 220
5*wulfen - 2*Stormshield/Hammer, Frost claw, 2*Frost Axe, Grenade launcher - 220

WHYrdstorm Brotherhood
Rune Priest - ML2, bike, Helm of Durfast - 125
Rune Priest - ML2, bike - 105
Rune Priest - ML2, bike - 105

>>
File: notcanon.jpg (79KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
notcanon.jpg
79KB, 640x360px
>>49705439
>half-eldar astropath librarian space marine
RT had some fun stuff but I kind of like that everything isn't as blurred together anymore and that inter-Adeptus staff like Techmarines are the exception.
>>
>>49705409
I just want a couple pointyears for counts-as deathcult assassins for my radical inquisitor Lady.

>>49705413 >>49705415
From what little I've been able to find, even some seemingly mundane mutationraces are enough to count as abhuman. I just donk know if there are any already in lore.

>>49705439
Speaking of the infamous Sue, hahaah.
>>
Is guard squatted I'm thinking so to fw its been a long ass time since astra mil n cadia was digital wtf doesn't like that confirm next guard codex won't be cadian based
>>
>>49705621
OH GOD NO HE'S BACK
>>
>>49705266
>Also, don't forget that even if they had the universal Move Through Cover, they still fight at initiative 1 when charging through terrain. MtC only affects charge range.
That's kinda his fucking point. It shouldn't do that.

There should be another level of MtC for really especially agile units like Genestealers that ignores all penalties for difficult terrain entirely.
>>
>>49705621
Go to the hospital, you've had a stroke.
>>
>>49705631
>There should be another level of MtC for really especially agile units like Genestealers that ignores all penalties for difficult terrain entirely.
they don't really need any more buffing, mate
>>
>>49705636
They do, actually.

We're talking about the unit that is supposed to be the best at melee in the game, point for point, period, no questions asked. They can make them 15 points base for all I care but there's no reason they ever should have lost access to flesh hooks which they could take since 2nd edition until Cruddace got his filthy mongoloid hands on them.
>>
File: ayy lmao.jpg (49KB, 640x602px) Image search: [Google]
ayy lmao.jpg
49KB, 640x602px
>>49705621
>>
File: m80.png (356KB, 412x523px) Image search: [Google]
m80.png
356KB, 412x523px
>>49705644
>They can make them 15 points base for all I care
genestealers as they are in the cult book, if they were also given move through cover and assault grenades would be worth well over fifteen points

>flesh hooks which they could take since 2nd edition
m8

>supposed to be the best
Point for point, they are right now. They're quite underpriced for the damage they can put out.

I'm quite happy genestealers aren't shit anymore. They do not need further powerful special rules for free.
>>
>>49705644
Purestrain Genestealers already are the best CC unit in their point bracket. They only start losing to shit that's double their cost.
>>
>>49705673
>>flesh hooks which they could take since 2nd edition
>m8
Sorry, 3rd edition, but I was thinking 2nd because it was the BBB army list before they even had a Codex.

And in 2nd there wasn't an initiative penalty, initiative didn't even work the same way in CC.
>>
>>49705689
>And in 2nd there wasn't an initiative penalty
right, your movement was just halved and the attacker's combat result suffered a -1 penalty, which genestealers did not ignore
>>
>>49704520
Convert the DA to CSM (you need at least 3 ML 3 bike sorcerers to get a Cabal) and at least 4 terminators (to run The Chosen of Abbadon: 3 terminators, 1 ML 3 Termi sorcerer) and a Model to count as Ahriman and other for an apostle. Then a Tzerald (ML 3) on disc and 6 screamers to go with him (also extra daemons to summon). Add spawns to protect the biker cabal.

Failing that fuck everything and get the Traitor's Hate knights formation with dual gatlings (3 knights are 1305 points).
>>
>>49705542
Viable, no not at all. You will get gunned down pretty much turn 1 from anything bigger than a grot for half the points.
Or play against a casual tyranids, ork, ig player perhaps. But even tau troops will dominate you. Sorc cabal on foot is just plain shit, dv chosen with the actual wysiwyg equip is 300+p for 5 guys. Tatertot is a good hq choice if you don't want to use an actual hq which is the strongest slot in csm.
Sorry buddy, don't buy more csm models.
>>
>>49705705
Except back then genestealers were 50% faster than baseline infantry and a -1 penalty to combat meant nothing when you're swinging with 4 attacks at WS 7 compared to the massive disadvantage that striking last is in the current system.

In 2e if a genestealer charged a guardsman it would have to roll a fuckton of 1's and 2's and that guardsman roll a 6 or, if the stealer rolled particularly badly, maybe a 5, for it to even be hit AT ALL. Now it charges through cover, gets overwatched without anyone having to give up a shooting phase to declare overwatch these days, automatically strikes last and gets hit on a fucking 4.

Retarded.
>>
>>49705738
and still tears that guardsman squad to fucking shreds because BS1 lasgun shots aren't getting through T4/stealth/5++, and although the guardsmen strike first and hit on 4's, they wound on 5's and only have a single attack each

>gets overwatched without anyone having to give up a shooting phase to
and now the stealers get to charge in without ever having faced a single round of proper shooting (which they'd have to do in 2nd at least once, despite marching 12") because they arrive and charge in the same turn

>Retarded
Stealers got stealth, 5+ invulnerable saves, extra attacks and cult ambush for F R E E, and you think they need further buffs? This book totally upped the arms race and you think stealers are still underpowered? Dude.
>>
File: 1472599141834.jpg (37KB, 500x250px) Image search: [Google]
1472599141834.jpg
37KB, 500x250px
>>49705155
>>
>>49705769
Alright, fine, fair enough. And I'm very excited with what we got but it still is nonsensical that they would strike last just because they charged prey in difficult terrain which is EXACTLY WHERE THEY WANT IT in the fluff.
>>
>>49705771
I play Thousand Sons and Black Legion. While my Legionnaires are fucked, my dust buckets should be sitting pretty within a month or two when Wulfen 2 comes out. Where's my fucking Tzeentch Daemonkin and plastic Lord of Change, damn it?
>>
>>49705815
I hope you get nice shit. Rumored to be new rubrics (even cqc ones) plastic Magnus and other stuff I can't remember (hopefully new powers or access to the new daemon powers at least). Fuck those imperial bitches.
>>
Played my first game today.
1000 points ork vs my guard. Everything was going well until the meganobz charged. I killed 50% of his army while sustaining almost no casualties but the meganobz wouldn't die. At one point I had my leman russ, my basilisk, and 80 lasgun shots all target them and all that only took down one of the fuckers.
I found that the ministorum priest was more helpful than I thought he would be, and my scions were far less useful than I thought they would be.
Fun game.
>>
>>49705797
It doesn't have to make sense, the tabletop has never made sense, lore-wise. What matters is they can survive to combat quite easily, and even in the event they can't just ignore blockades with ambush, they've got the stats to eat a round of combat and still punch way above their weight.

A lack of assault grenades (outside of the patriarch's cronies) is just going to be their cross to bear until another dramatic system shakeup. Kinda like how terminators are stuck being shit because they don't want to errata a thousand different books at once.
>>
>>49705797
So a first curse is mandatory?
>>
tfw when it's literally cheaper to buy astra militarum stuff from the genestealer cults bundles
>>
>>49705844
Pretty much. Not just because you want the assault grenades option but because it's too good not to take in general.

>>49705860
Even cheaper due to the money you can make off selling the individual cult conversion sprues if you're just getting them for a Guard army.
>>
>>49705050
>waah! Wahj! Why won't they let me play with my homebrew unofficial rules
Fuck off, homebrew shilsl are some of the worst
>>
>>49706120
I'm not necessarily saying you're wrong, but I think you might not understand what the word "shill" means.
>>
>>49706120
Anti-homebrew fags are the worst, most retarded element of the fanbase. GW clearly doesn't give a single fuck about giving each faction fun, interesting, balanced rules...so why give a fuck what GW says is and isn't official?
>>
>>49705947
>but because it's too good not to take in general

It's hellishly expensive though. At 1500 points it's almost a third of your army in one unit. I've tried it and while it's powerful, losing it early on can be crippling. Personally I'd only bring it out in 1850-2000 point games.
>>
File: Daemons take all comers v1.png (39KB, 676x1039px) Image search: [Google]
Daemons take all comers v1.png
39KB, 676x1039px
How does this look as a take all comers daemons list that is not too heavy on the cheese but can hold its own? Won't be summoning with the prince by the way, probably just going to be buffing himself. Crons, marines, AdMech, and tau are pretty heavy in my meta
>>
>>49706163
because homebrews will always give their own armies the edge somehow, because they want to win.
>>
>>49706164
Yeah but when everything else in your list is dirt fucking cheap it works out fine, and makes a HELL of a distraction Carnifex.

I haven't had a chance to use my list yet, but it's got a First Curse, as well as two 14 man Acolyte blobs with cult icon in Subterranean Uprising, one joined by a Broodcoven and the other by a Primus, Magus, and Iconward. I know that there's going to come a game where I infiltrate these three big threats near my opponent, he focuses down the First Curse which has the best ability to tank due to the 5++ and stealth/shrouded, and then gets absolutely shreked by the other two units and wonders what the hell happened.
>>
>>49706168
1850 is a tryhard, WAAC point level.

Khorne Daemons suck, you aren't really bothering to bring any of their relics, which is the only reason to take them in Chaos Daemons instead of Khorne Daemonkin.

A champ and reward on the Plaguebearer unit are a waste of points.

Burning Chariots aren't really worth it. Too easy to punch out of the air, especially in an army that often lacks other armor or turn one targets.

You really don't want to be running a Daemon Primary without the Incursion and/or Fateweaver. Warp Storm can be brutal if you don't have some way to mitigate it.

I'd recommend swapping the Khorne stuff to a KDK detachment and grabbing a Tzeentch Herald to stick with the Screamers.
>>
>>49706164
>>49706203
Oh I should have mentioned that list IS written for 1850, though...
>>
>>49706201
Codex: Craftworld Eldar called and said you're a retarded faggot.

At least with homebrew, you can talk to your opponent and get shit adjusted to make it more balanced. Can't do that with GW-Official-No-Items-Final-Destination-Only.
>>
File: 1475831817571.gif (2MB, 400x267px) Image search: [Google]
1475831817571.gif
2MB, 400x267px
>>49706224
>At least with homebrew, you can talk to your opponent and get shit adjusted to make it more balanced.
>mfw

>eldar are being spoiled
You're obviously a new fag because eldar have always being high tier since day 1, and they should not be what every army should aspire to be.
>>
>>49706249
I'm not even sure what you're babbling about now.

I brought up C:CWE because they're clearly more powerful than the other books. Someone on the design team wanted them to win. Which is the sin you seem to find inherent to homebrew.

SpaceOdin has been pretty consistently nerfing shit in his homebrew. Please, continue to prove my point about anti-homebrewfags being delusional idiots.
>>
File: Daemons 1850.png (39KB, 676x1131px) Image search: [Google]
Daemons 1850.png
39KB, 676x1131px
>>49706211
>1850 is a tryhard, WAAC point level.
Can't help that that's what the majority of the people play at my store anon

Honestly I'm fine with dealing with warp storm. Dealt with it in the past and will now too, because I'm a bit sick of bringing Fateweaver. Finally want to use my bloodletters too, so horde mode for them it is.

Did do some revising though
>>
>>49706369
Meant the point thing as more of a warning. Your list is pretty clearly not WAAC.

Split the Bloodletters into two units and move the Soul Grinder over there. That also lets you fix the Warpstorm table issue. I'd also take the Phlegm over the Torrent, but I could see the use of the torrent if, and only if, you face a lot of 4+ saves in good cover. Split the Flesh Hounds into smaller units.

Lesser on the Herald is wasted points. Lesser on the Daemon Prince for S8 is mandatory. Paradox on the Herald is mandatory.
>>
>>49706390
Done. Implemented the changes and threw in a couple more screamers into the unit. Blood letters deepstriking in 2 10 man units, one with an instrument, and khorne is now a CAD. not posting image again for fear of spamming it up, but thanks for the tips anon.
>>
Is it possible for a minor Forge World to have old STCs from before the Heresy and still produce and issue old patterns like the Old Cruisers and Power Armor?

I know the Navy decomissioned some Classes but wouldn't it make sense for Forge Worlds to produce for example Cataphractii Armor and Avenger Class Grand Cruisers if there's no modern alternative available?

>But they are old
but everything in 40k is old as shit, even the "new" mark 6 and 5 are almost Heresy Period armor.
>>
hey guys, with kill team, I assume you have to purchase the squad as a whole? if i wanted imperial guardsmen, i'd have to field a squad of 10 for 50 points, I dont have the option to field say, three infantry?

barring taking stuff like a CCS or PCS as a squad, i mean individual soldiers.
>>
File: bpk9elx.jpg (137KB, 646x344px) Image search: [Google]
bpk9elx.jpg
137KB, 646x344px
>>49706448
forgot a pic to make the post stand out more.
>>
>>49706449
Why don't you read the rules? It's less than 25 pages.
>>
>>49706448
no reason there cant be. some old forgeworld cut off from the rest of the empire by warp storms, having only one pattern could just churn out cataphractii armour, pack it into crates and launch them off into space in the direction of terra, indefinitely.

the wastage and breakdown of systems is idealistically the imperium.
>>
>>49706369
nothing wrong with the warp storm table but I agree that khorne daemons are better taken in KDK.

Depending on what you're fighting I would say a regular bloodthirster with skull reaver is better, it swings at I9 and still has the D to wreck superheavies.
Tzeentch is great on soul grinders just to give it that reoll of 1s on it's saves.
>>
>>49706454
i've read them and assume you take things as squads, but I thought I would ask the more seasoned veterans if there was some easily-overlooked answer to the contrary.
>>
Is it possible to run a casual, minimal-cheese eldar list, if you ignore their more bullshit options?
>>
new player here and before people flip out over this post i am looking for serious help, i'm not just trying to fuel the fire of Eldar hatred.

I posted a few days back about playing CSM and my mate playing eldar, i don't have access to the CSM as i was borrowing them but i do have a small 500pt Ork force that i want to expand upon.

Before the people ram down my throat that orks are terrible i am fully aware that they're not tier 1 but they're the army i aesthetically enjoy the most and i am more into the hobby side of the game as opposed to actually playing.

However having said that i'm looking for suggestions on what Ork units are good for taking out eldar that won't get me tabled on turn 2.

The list i am up against uses rangers, wraithguards with D-scythes and wraithlords

if anyone could help me figure out what units i should be buying i'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.
>>
>>49706600
serious answer here.
you can't do anything vs eldar.

if you are into the modelling and painting / collection aspect for orks, take a look at age of sigmar.
the orks are gorgeous and they are actually top top tier.

You could spend 1000000 € and have the biggest ork army and every option to choose from, you'll still loose to eldar no matter what....
>>
>>49706600
i dont know much about eldar units but I do know Lootas are good at gunning down pretty much everything, and from far away to boot. been meaning to pick some up myself.
>>
>>49706568
Yes, just run a combined arms detach and play it like the name entails.
>>
>>49706623
i appreciate your input but it's not entirely helpful.

>>49706627
that could at least help with dealing with wrathguards as they're trying to run down the table, i read something good about meganobs above, do d-scythes just rip them to shit?
>>
>>49706660
i couldnt tell you, not only have i never played an eldar player but i've only played about four games as orks, and i've never won once.
>>
>>49706631
Should I also avoid wraith-anything?
>>
>>49706701
Some wraith units would be fine. Like a wraithlord and small squad of wraithguard.

Just don't spam them.
>>
>>49706660
>dealing with wrathguards as they're trying to run down the table
If they're footslogging for whatever reason instead of putting them in wave serpents, you've got a lot more of a chance. Mek Guns are one of the few good choices orks have and should do a fairly good job at tearing through wraithguard with their default kannon.
Keep in mind that you should have gretchins in front of it to use as ablative wounds at the mek gun's toughness.
>>
File: Eldard.jpg (587KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
Eldard.jpg
587KB, 1536x2048px
>Eldrad
>Thousands of years old
>Still looks like a guy in his 20s

How do the Eldar pull this? How can they be eternally handsome?
>>
Quick question before rage.

I'm looking the AM dex right now and cant find Al Raheem, Chenkov, Harker or the other Vet upgrade Sgt.

Did they really fucking squatted them?!?
>>
>>49706757
It's been suggested that Eldar live longer in almost direct correlation with their psychic ability, combined with the fact that Eldar physiology is heavily Warp-based compared to Humans it really wouldn't be a stretch to believe their Psykers could perform minor manipulations on their own bodies, especially since Biomancy is a thing.
>>
>>49706775
harkers in as an upgrade for a vet squad, chenkov and raheem arent

i'm sorry for your lots.
when we play at my flgs we allow chenkov and raheem though
>>
>>49706784
Oh, I see. Thanks anon. It's good to have Harker but a shame what happened to the others :(
>>
>>49706757
thats not eldrads helmet, staff or clothes, though?
>>
>>49704021

It's a sign of just how much power creep in shooting has occurred over the editions that Basilisks are considered as bad as they are now.

Back when I first started playing my Orks in 4th ed, the first piece of advice I got was to loot up a Basilisk. It was easy to see why. Str 9 Ap3 pileplates that you can drop anywhere on the board? Holy shit! At the same time, Iron Warriors Chaos players abounded, and a big reason for that was being able to take a Basilisk. It really was an incentive to take those armies.

Now? Str 9? Shit, doesn't even insta-kill Centurions. Ap3? Doesn't ignore 2+, only good for killing marines in the open which never happens. Can't even kill a vehicle. No Ignore Cover? Fucking worthless. Oh, and it can only ever do 1 wound to Monstrous Creatures? Useless.

If anyone ever questions whether shooting has gotten better over the editions, consider that a Str 9 Ap3 pieplate that doesn't require LoS is now considered "shit".
>>
>>49703696
And the Blood Angels Legion had exactly the same position, with the same role, black armour, skull-faced helm, and crozius as the modern Chaplain, except they called them Wardens. There wasn't a lot of consistency between the earlier Horus Heresy books.
>>
>>49703476

>Introducing microbeads to a product which already existed in non-microbead format
>2016
>>
>>49706828
how does that effect the quality, out of curiosty? or do you mean in terms of environmental damage
>>
>>49706813
Though I agree with everything you've just said, at least we got the Emperor's Wrath Artillery Company.

That being said, relying on formations to fix armies and balance things is still terrible practice.
>>
>>49706836

Well yes.

Basically, everyone in the cosmetics industry is getting gradually strongarmed into phasing out microbeads, and then this idiot company brings them in at the same time.

Sure, it's a product that'll get less washed down the sink (though not none, you do wash your brushes right?). But even if it had none, fuckawful timing from a PR perspective.
>>
>>49706813
not even that.
>indirect fire
>can't even reroll misses without psychic support
>can't snap fire against flyers or invisible units
>for that many points
>>
Gork waaghs those who waaagh themselves.
>>
>>49706600
i am this guy, are necrons any good these days?
>>
>>49706866
Whats wrong with microbeads.
>>
File: 1850 tau 2.7.png (75KB, 676x1411px) Image search: [Google]
1850 tau 2.7.png
75KB, 676x1411px
thoughts, guys?
>>
>>49706909
they dont biodegrade and fish eat them, filling up their stomachs and killing them

theyre used as a 'scrub' material in some bodywashes, but pressures being put on companies to stop using them.
>>
>>49706909

Fit through standard water filtration methods, pollute waterways and seas.

Some fish species confuse them for plankton, bad health effects. Can even get into fish used for human food in some cases.

Also they can make pesticide pollution worse by soaking it up, then getting eaten.
>>
>>49706873

At strength 4, right?
>>
>>49703696
The original idea had commissars and chaplains as a similar concept - there was a white dwarf with them in one painting both dressed in black
Also makes them look like Christian priests
>>
>>49706813
Basilisks aren't shit. They aren't bad, but a S9 AP3 large blast that rolls twice for armor pen isn't bad.

Being on a vehicle platform in the current meta is what's bad. Severely curtail T1 deep strike bullshit, limit haywire and some armies hyper-mobile S6+ shooting, and play with a proper amount of terrain, and Basilisks can do well.

I'm not disagreeing that the Basilisk (along with pretty much everything its age) has been left behind by other top end shooting, but you're exaggerating. There are still a ton of units that don't want to get hit in the face by an Earthshaker (or a Battle Cannon for that matter).
>>
Why were Plasma Pistols reduced to 10pts for IG/Inq in 5th edition, and then increased back to 15pts in 6th edition?
Are Plasma pistols @ 10pts more powerful than a T6 W5 2+/3++ Monstrous Creature for <200pts?
>>
>>49707077
>he expects GW to add even small amounts of versatility to average units everybody owns over big new expensive models
Anon, come on.
>>
File: 1450303132355.jpg (85KB, 675x629px) Image search: [Google]
1450303132355.jpg
85KB, 675x629px
>>49703556

Why does it have fucking chaos stars on it god damn it its the same stars as the dark apostle carries wtf GW wtf is that symbol even mean to the Imperium/Space Marines you can't just throw whatever symbols you want on the fucking thing
>>
>>49707121

It just seems stupid to me that they'd include bits that people never use, Except for Combi-plasma conversions.
>>
>>49707128
>Confuses Iron Halos with Chaos stars
>Doesn't expect a visit from the local Inquisitor
>>
>>49707152
One extra part on the sprue doesn't add much. Giving the players options is generally a good things, and some people like them if only for cool factor. Also, if they release new rules that make them a more viable option they'd need to re-add them. Not to mention it's never going to be worth it to make a new mold just to remove it.
>>
What are the typical counters vs Eldar?
>>
>>49707220
GSC
>>
>>49707220

Just say no.
>>
File: nurgle_s_daemon.jpg (148KB, 1023x600px)
nurgle_s_daemon.jpg
148KB, 1023x600px
So i recently got bought a nurgle daemons army but i don't know how to to play it.
Dose this look like a solid enough list for casual matches.

Chaos Daemons Combined Arms Detachment 1499pts
HQ
Great Unclean One (290pts)
Eternal blade.
Greater Daemonic Reward
Psyker Level 3, rolling biomancy

Elites
Beast of Nurgle (104pts)
2x Beasts
Beast of Nurgle (104pts)
2x Beasts

Troops
Nurglings (75pts)
5x Nurglings
Plaguebearers of Nurgle (99pts)
11x Plaguebearers

Fast Attack
Plague Drones of Nurgle (332pts)
6x Plague Drones, Upgrade one to Plaguebringer, Death's Heads, Icon of Chaos, Rot Proboscis

Heavy Support
Plague Hulk of Nurgle (150pts)

Daemon Prince of Nurgle
Exalted Daemonic Reward
Balesword
Wing
+3 armor
Psyker Level 3, roling biomancy
>>
>>49707299
If you're buying the eternal blade buy two greater gifts for defensive buffs, not exalted.

Beasts are kind of weak, really only good for holding down weak troops/non-melee focused.

I'd give the plague drones venom stingers and the plague bearer a greater eather blade (from swapping a greater reward), it makes one of his attacks master-crafted, s5 ap2 insatnt death which is REALLY scary vs most monsters and characters.

Again, swap the exalted gift on the prince for two greater gifts (swapping the one you want least for the balesword), greater gifts have all the defensive rewards in them.
>>
anyone got the battle for vedros rules?
>>
>>49707325
oh i missed that you could give Plaguebringer deamonic rewards, a greater eather blade is indeed scary on him.
I have a bunch of extra Plaguebearers, should i drop the beasts for them?
>>
Would a needle pistol be worth it for my Ordo Xenos nade-juggler Inquisitor so he can contribute to the pistol barrage my Sicarian Infiltrators throw at things, or should I just leave him with bolt-pistol and force sword?
>>
>>49707216

I'm not saying they should make a new sprue solely to remove a bit. I am saying that the same parts of a sprue are, without fail, simply thrown into the button never to see the light of day again. Things like the Radium pistol for 5pts, Plasma pistol for 15pts and Krak grenades for any faction are options that will never be taken in an army list. A bit of optimisation for already shitty war gear couldn't hurt.
>>
>>49706918
too much non-drones
needs more drones
meep-meep
>>
>>49707462
Also, I'm using 5 infiltrators and Xenos as my anti-First Curse unit. Infiltrators pistols should drip some Genestealer units nicely, and then my Inquisitor takes them to T3 and the Patriarch to I1 on the charge, allowing some Taser blending denying FnP.
>>
>>49707414
generally they're better but don't forget you can summon more if you use melific daemonology.

If you can drop a unit of beasts fir a herald of nurgle in there your list would be pretty solid.
>>
>>49707493
I wish Vanguard Vets and Chaos Chosen could get 5 point pistols. That'd be amazing.
>>
File: 1464687051368.jpg (152KB, 640x720px) Image search: [Google]
1464687051368.jpg
152KB, 640x720px
>tfw ordered 40 kriegs with command squads&heavy weapon sections
>now, including my oc converted guardsmen auxiliary i will own a company+armored squadron

is this what autism feels like?
>>
Genecults seem kinda all or nothing?

Massed flamethrowers/anti horde weaponry, combat units with better initiative or great invulnerables, spamming flyers... All these things will wreck you.

Heck, Dark Eldar of all things are practically a genecult hard counter.
>>
>>49703186

>Load up the first Beast Arises audiobook, 'I Am Slaughter', first 20 mins are talking about how misunderstood Nids are.

Well fuck this shit
>>
>>49707513
Ok, made some changes.
Not sur how to kit out the Herald, the Planquin just seems cool but i'm not sure its worth the points.

Chaos Daemons Combined Arms Detachment 1494pts
HQ
Great Unclean One (290pts)
Eternal blade
Greater Daemonic Reward
Psyker Level 3, rolling biomancy

Herald of Nurgle (130pts)
Eternal blade
Greater Locus of Fecundity (Feel No Pain)
Palanquin of Nurgle

Troops
Nurglings (75pts)
5x Nurglings
Plaguebearers of Nurgle (162pts)
18x Plaguebearers

Fast Attack
Plague Drones of Nurgle 352pts
6x Plague Drones, Upgrade one to Plaguebringer,Eternal blade , Death's Heads, Icon of Chaos, Venom Sting

Heavy Support
Plague Hulk of Nurgle (150pts)

Daemon Prince of Nurgle
Exalted Daemonic Reward
Balesword
Wing
+3 armor
Mastery 3
>>
>>49707648

What?

In 32k?
>>
>>49707497
The pistol barrage barely matters, some Infiltrators hitting with Taser Goads will, more often than not, completely wipe Genestealer squads if a decent number of them will survive.
>>
>>49707661
Well those pistols will be killing ~5 genestealers.
>>
>>49707651
You can't take two artifacts, I assume you mean eather blade instead of "eternal blade".

Giving the herald a mastery level so he can roll on maleific and summon, id give him two lesser gifts, hope for the ability that doubles your strength on a to hit roll of a 6 and then swap the other for a eather blade, he's strength 5 naturally so a 6 would make him strength 10.
>>
>>49707676
Oh, right, I forgot about Burst that's what I get for using Ruststalkers all the time instead. Yeah, at that point popping an extra Genestealer might be worth the Needle Pistol to minimise your own casualties.
>>
>>49707654

Yes my nig
>>
>>49707702
Also if I can thin out the horde a bit I stand a reasonable chance of killing the Patriarch with Instant death Taser if I can get some Vanguard in there as well. Seeing as the Infiltrators can move 9", I might add a min squad of Vanguard and have them follow the Infiltrators around.
>>
>>49703759
The community/consumer is to blame. GW is pure and innocent
>>
I really hate how secretive the recasters are. Searched on google for 'Z' and 'CCoN' for hours and didn't find anything. I mean I get why they do it, but it still blows.
>>
File: 1475862959688.jpg (119KB, 773x736px) Image search: [Google]
1475862959688.jpg
119KB, 773x736px
>>49703759
>is it the community's fault
>>
>>49707805
Yeah it used to be easier because yoymart subrddt was filled with retards that posted that shit and shared it too much.
We sent all our people who were looking towards them and it seems they figured it out because they cleaned it up and started enforcing their rules better.
The trick would then be to follow the shit further down the hill.
>>
>>49703759
Entirely GW's. In some way, making cut-throat lists by default is a defense mechanism against how shitty GW's balance is.

You don't want to roll up against a full min-max Eldar list with a fluff-bunny list that's going to get gutted with no chance of victory, so you bring a suitably hardened list. Maybe if shitty, fluffy lists could at least have a decent game against Codex: Scatbikes or Codex: Mechasuits we'd see less cut-throat lists.
>>
>>49707611
From FW?
>>
>>49707923
at least I finally found their hopefully recent emails by searching through the /tg/ archive. now I can get the ball rolling.
>>
>>49704128
What the fuck are you on? Cents are great.
Just take all grav and stick someone with an invul save in the unit to tank AP2 and they'll do fine.
>>
File: images.png (4KB, 160x160px) Image search: [Google]
images.png
4KB, 160x160px
>>49703759
>>49703768
>>49703777
>>49703789
>>49703808
>>49707752
>>49707883
>>49707925
>People actually fall for this age old bait
>>
File: Hammer of Caliban.png (59KB, 475x619px) Image search: [Google]
Hammer of Caliban.png
59KB, 475x619px
Can I put non formation units inside the land raider?
>>
>>49708005
Not at the beginning of the game.
>>
>>49708005
Yes. There are a variety of ways to argue it.

The ally rules tell us they only kick in when dealing with units from a different faction.

The units are still part of the same (Lion's Blade) detachment.

The FAQ has been an absolute shitshow of GW mocking their consumers, failing to understand their own rules, failing to proofread their shit before putting it online, and giving contradictory answers. The FAQ should, at the absolute most, be treated as a point of consideration when you discuss how to handle things with your opponent.
>>
>>49707805
same here, i found at least 8 email addresses for both of them and no one ever answered, fortunately i found a local recaster in my nation, sure his prices are quite expansive compared to Z, but at least im gonna pay him directly in his workshop after having examined the minis.
>>
File: 1.5k 2.3 tau.png (110KB, 676x2102px) Image search: [Google]
1.5k 2.3 tau.png
110KB, 676x2102px
can I get some opinions on this list? I'm facing a guy later but I don't know exactly what army he's running, he has loads, so I kinda tried to build an all-round list.
>>
>>49708109
the drones on the skyray were meant to be SMS, btw
>>
>>49708068
what "ally rules"?
>>
>>49708144
There aren't exactly a lot of rules in the book for dealing with allies. I'm sure you can figure it out, champ.
>>
>>49708178
I'm asking where the fuck you got "The ally rules tell us they only kick in when dealing with units from a different faction." because that completely contradicts what the rulebook says you fucking retard.

You cannot put units in your battle brothers transports even if they are the same faction.
>>
>>49707805
>Searched on google for 'Z' and 'CCoN' for hours and didn't find anything
Took me 5 minutes to find both from the archive
>>
>>49708068
Are you talking about the Errata on the GW site, or the WiP rules they're constantly posting? Because, believe it or not, the work in progress rules...aren't finished! I'm pretty sure the reason they never seem to update the site errata is because they're worried of saying something stupid on the official site. But slap "Work in Progress" on something and you can do whatever you want. If the rule works out and community approves? Great! If it sucks and/or we hate it? Ah, it was never an *official* rule anyways. Carry on!
>>
File: 1475286822159.png (788KB, 1462x877px) Image search: [Google]
1475286822159.png
788KB, 1462x877px
Who are easier to play at non-competitive level - Necrons or AdMech\Skitarii?
>>
File: Reanimation OOOOHs.gif (489KB, 550x600px) Image search: [Google]
Reanimation OOOOHs.gif
489KB, 550x600px
>>49708440
Either if you avoid the powerful formations.
For Necrons just don't bring wraiths or spam destroyers and you are pretty much in the clear, especially if you aren't running a decurion to begin with.
>>
>>49708440

necrons are quite possibly the second easiest army in the game to play

tau are first
>>
File: image.png (76KB, 525x750px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
76KB, 525x750px
How bad an idea is it to take a Deathstrike as an ally to GSC?
>>
File: necron and tau.jpg (84KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
necron and tau.jpg
84KB, 800x533px
Anybody have advice for a good Necron/Tau combination? This is a 1500pts casual list that did alright against a CSM army

Necron CAD (620pts)
HQ
>Necron Lord: Resurrection Orb, Staff of Light (75pts)
Elites
>Lychguard: Hyperphase Swords & Dispersion Shields (150pts)
Troops
>5x Immortals: Tesla Carbines (85pts)
>10x Warriors (130pts)
Fast Attack
>3x Tomb Blades: Shield Vanes, Twin-linked Gauss Blasters (60pts)
Heavy Support
>Annihilation Barge: Gauss Cannon (120pts)
Tau CAD (880pts)
HQ
>Commander Shadowsun: MV62 Command-link Drone (155pts)
Elites
>Riptide Shas'vre: Ion Accelerator, Twin-linked Fusion Blaster, Advanced Targeting System, Stimulant Injector (223pts)
>3x Crisis Shas'ui: 2x Missle Pods, Velocity Tracker (216pts)
Troops
>5x Fire Warriors: Pulse Rifle (45pts)
>5x Fire Warriors: Pulse Rifle (45pts)
Fast Attack
>6x Pathfinders (66pts)
Heavy Support
>TX7 Hammerhead Gunship: Railgun with Submunitions, Twin-linked Smart Missle System (130pts)
>>
>>49708516

Wraiths have a rep as UBUR BROKAN COMBAT SLOTTER but really they're just hard to kill. In a faction with a hard to kill gimmick.

What I'm saying is a unit is fine, spamming them past that gets more questionable as it would for spamming any good unit.

And yes, formation Wraiths and formation destroyers are crazy broke.
>>
>>49708566

You mean that army that appears next to the enemy you're aiming your deathstrike missile at?
>>
Looking to start picking up either blood angels or space wolves. When building the snow furries' lists do people tend to go either BOTH Wulfen and Thunderwolves or do you usually pick one or the other?
>>
>>49708605
thunderwolves seem to be used more but wulfen are OP. genestealers might crush them in assault but the wulfen would still get their death frenzy to wipe them out in return
>>
>>49708600
Well how else do I keep the enemy from attacking the Deathstrike?
>>
>>49708638
Aren't wulfen I7?
Wouldn't that mean they would strike first on top of death frenzy?
>>
Epic 40k from Forgeworld when?
>>
File: 1437319759588.jpg (146KB, 799x565px) Image search: [Google]
1437319759588.jpg
146KB, 799x565px
>>49708516
>>49708524
>>49708585
Thank you.

Then what should I buy to get started with necrons? I already have a bunch of un-assembled warriors.
>>
>>49708655

Nope, I5. They do swing with 6 S6 AP2 Shred attacks on the charge though (with the Frost Claws), so the genestealers would be screwed.
>>
>>49708655
wulfen are i5, while genestealers are ws/i 6
>>
>>49708699
>>49708700
In that case the wulfen will hit three times killing, assuming no FnP, two bugs?
Two bugs for one wulf seems like a good trade.
>>
>>49706600
>>49706660
>Do D-scythe Wraithguard rip MegaNobz to shit?
Yes, utterly. Their weapons are AP2, & MANZ can't take 5+ invulns anymore.

>Dealing with Wraithguard
>>49706737 is mostly right. Lootas & Mek Gunz (specifically Kustom Mega Kannonz) are baller for this. Lootas can shit on Wave Serpents, & easily wound Wraithguard if they foot-along. KMKs can double them out iirc.

If he takes a Wraithknight, you're just fucked unless you can somehow ignore it.

His army has better armor, better rules, better guns & BS, better psychic shenanigans, better bikes, & better super-heavies, ***for cheaper.***

You might just have to ask your buddy to turn down the intensity of his lists, or to arbitrarily charge himself more points for his units, or to use older rules for some things like D-scythes.

If he gets pissy or thinks there's nothing imbalanced about his army, challenge him to an army swap game & run him down with his own units. He'll see then, unless he's truly a giant fucking pissbaby retard.

Good luck, anon.
>>
>>49708727

Wulfen have 2 wounds with a 4+ and FNP, plus they can take Storm Shields to tank wounds. Can't be bothered to do mathhammer but that doesn't seem quite right.
>>
Quick fluff question; since gork and mork are similar entities to other warp gods and the emperor, can NON-ORKS worship them and gain I don't know; orkish powers?
>>
>>49708758
I'm not talking about what damage the genestealers can do, I'm just saying a squad of 20 will take a huge time for the wulfs to kill.
>>
>>49708727
pure strain have 5++ by default. there's too many variables and i don't know either armies well but they should be evenly matched

>>49708762
no idea, there was/is a group of people that acted like orks called the digganobs but idk if they gained powers. the emperor hardly empowers people beyond the sisters but chaos love to give gifts
>>
>>49708787
They didn't, playing them in gorkamorka is like taking nightmare mode option.
>>
>>49708689
Other models you like.

I run a 20-man warrior squad and 1 or 2 Ghost Are Warrior Squads.
Then I have some 2x5 Tomb Blades and a Triarch Stalker to reinforce the warrior.
I add some Immortals in a Night Scythe or some Lychguard to roll with my HQ depending on the points.
At low points he gets the staff of light while sitting with 20 warriors.
>>
>>49708756
>specifically Kustom Mega Kannonz
While Kustom Mega Kannonz are generally awesome, I'm not sure they'd be the best for fucking with eldar specifically.
Keep in mind they come with a 66% price increase over regular kannons, and since they'll probably be a high priority target for all that mobile eldar firepower, the more the better. Also, there's not much you need for the AP 2 specifically.
>>
Do you guys think that a Griffon Mortar Carrier would be a fluffy choice to be artillery for a guard reconnaissance company?
>>
>>49707648
>>49707654
>>49707724
You mean a non-sentient bug race that lives in subspace, not nids
>>
I've got about 200 dollars or so to spend on starting Cult Mechanicus, and I'm considering mainly two options. I'm open for more and can get 20% off at my flgs.

1) Buy two Kataphron boxes and a Get Started box for skitarii allies

2) Buy a two kataphron boxes, a dominus, and a Kastelon box.

Which would do me best for my money at around 750 points?
>>
>>49709070
I'd go with 1 just for the long range fire from skitarii
>>
>>49709085
Would it make up for counting as the lowest level of canticles for Cult Mech because of only 3 units?
>>
If Krakk missiles were AP2 would Missile launchers be worth it?
>>
>>49709174
sure, but then, why bother with the more expensive lascannons?
>>
>>49709224
lascannons have always been overcosted
>>
>>49709247
Only when you consider how much the power creep has overtaken them.
>>
>>49708223
The allies section of the rules is two pages long. How can you be this illiterate?

Page 126 "this section tells you how models from different Factions fight alongside each other." Are Dark Angels in a Demi-Company and Dark Angels in a Hammer of Caliban from a different faction? No, so they don't use the Ally rules. There is absolutely nothing in the rules stating that units of the same Faction from different Detachments would treat each other like allies.

Feel free to admit that you're lying when you fail to provide a citation supporting your claim.

The whole "battle brothers can't start in each others tranports" thing has absolutely zero basis in the rules. I think it was a necessary alteration for balance, but I want them to go one step further and prevent IC's from joining other Factions units. Supreme Grandmaster Azrael baby-sitting a bunch of Cadian Whiteshields is retarded.
>>49708370
Even if we take the whole "WIP" thing to mean that they are above reproach in terms of retarded decisions, blatant contradictions, and clear misinterpretations of their own rules and we shouldn't since they took the pains to inform us that they don't actually care what we think and just wanted us to proofreed them, that still doesn't excuse the Ork FAQ. Especially in light of GSC using stacking FNP.
>>
>>49709224
Aren't they like St 10 AP 1 or some shit?
>>
File: Sergeant_Pasanius.jpg (322KB, 583x600px) Image search: [Google]
Sergeant_Pasanius.jpg
322KB, 583x600px
>>
>>49709315
S9 AP2 Heavy 1
>>
>>49709305
Sure buddy, my citation is page 126 of the main rulebook.

You see that big chart? All factions are battle brothers with themselves. You can ally a detachment of space marines on to a second space marine army as battle brothers, this level of alliance is the same for all imperial factions but you cannot start in your allies transports, so no guardsmen in drop pods.

Now, lets see some proof of this claim of "The ally rules tell us they only kick in when dealing with units from a different faction."

I'm waiting.
>>
>>49709315
S9-AP2
>>
>>49709724
I literally already gave you the quote.

Why does the big chart give us levels of alliance for same-faction pairings? I don't know. Maybe because Space Marines can actually ally with themselves? Maybe because they didn't want to just leave a blank space there on their chart? Don't know, doesn't matter. The only time it tells us to use the ally rules, it says to use them for models of different factions.

There's nothing in the rulebook that states that allies can't start in each others transports. You should stop lying and stop pretending a clearly WiP FAQ is in any way official or ready for use.
>>
Anyone have the officio assassinorum rules? I can't find them in the main link.
>>
File: let_me_laugh_harder.gif (4MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
let_me_laugh_harder.gif
4MB, 320x240px
>>49709315
Wait, you think that anyone other than Eldar will get infantry with S10/D weapons?
>>
>>49709784
This?

> wh40klib.ru/codex/Dataslates/Dataslate-Officio_Assassinorum.pdf
>>
>>49709778
>The only time it tells us to use the ally rules, it says to use them for models of different factions.
No it doesn't you stupid, lying shit.
post some proof or fuck off.

>muh wip rules
So you're a cheater as well?
>>
>>49709784
White Dwarf issue 65. All of the rules for the Assassins are in there.
>>
>>49709799
Page 126:
>this section tells you how models from different Factions fight alongside each other.
>The Allies Matrix below shows the levels of alliance between units hat have different Factions in the same army.
Provide one line that supports your claim. Not a description of a picture, not some mean words to conceal your lack of evidence, and actual line, from the rulebook, that states that Dark Angels from two different detachments treat each other like models from a different Faction. If it was meant to kick in for different detachments and not factions, they could have worded it that way.

By GW's own admission the FAQ is only a draft, and it still has glaring inconsistencies.
>>
>>49708881
Thanks again. Then I'll just look them up closely (there are so many new things after 3rd edition), crunch some numbers and return to this(next) General thread with more practical questions.
>>
>>49709832
Page 188
>all the units in your army must belong to one detachment
>a units factions applies regardless of how you choose your army
page 126
>faction: armies of the Imperium are battle brothers with themselves
>This includes sisters, imperial guard, blood angels, dark angels, grey knights, imperial knights, inquisition, space marines and space wolves

It's easy when you can read.
>>
>>49706453
>that turret pointing back at the conning tower
>"My lord, it's the only way to fit it with the comm antennas in the way."
>>
>>49710003
>I don't actually have evidence, so I'm just going to insult you and continue posting things that don't actually say what I need them to say
I do like you putting things that aren't actually written in the rulebook in meme arrows in the vain hope that I won't notice your deception.

Whether someone tries to stop Orks from getting into their Brigade Wagons or Dark Angels from embarking their Land Raiders is a pretty good "is this person human refuse" test.
>>
File: proof.png (8KB, 277x271px) Image search: [Google]
proof.png
8KB, 277x271px
>>49710111
>I don't actually have evidence, so I'm just going to insult you and continue posting things that don't actually say what I need them to say
The irony.

Still waiting for your proof, buddy.
>>
>>49710151
Been posted twice. GW repeatedly emphasizes that the Allies rules are for models/units with "different Factions."
>>
>>49710111

>stop Orks from getting into their Brigade Wagons

I don't see how.

Waaagh! Ghazghkull is faction: Orks isn't it?
>>
>>49704788
>Anything in the Space Marine codex without access to Grav
>Anything Tyranid that doesn't have wings
>Abberants
>Mech GSC
I know, I'm a pessimist
>>
>>49710270
They are. The FAQ Drafts included a limitation on Battle Brothers starting the game embarked on each other's transports. Some people interpret it overly broadly and claim that this means any unit from a different detachment cannot embark on a transport.
>>
>>49710003
>a units faction applies regardless of how you choose your army

Is in reference to whether you chose to build using detachments or going unbound. So units' factions apply across detachments. Meaning a cadian detachment + a cadian detachment is one faction, not two different battle brothers.
>>
File: 1475062678151.png (19KB, 604x483px) Image search: [Google]
1475062678151.png
19KB, 604x483px
>>49710151
Y'all need some new proof chickens, seeing the same four is getting old.
>>
>>49706164
>First Curse
>1500 pts
Do you mean 1 or 3?
>>
>>49708682
If Adeptus Titanicus sells well, maybe someday.
>>
Should I give krak grenades to meltavets in chimeras?
>>
>>49710418
No after the nerf to grenades give the sgt a MB if you want to fight tanks in CC
>>
>>49704788
Sicarian Ruststalkers and Kataphron Breachers
>>
Welp. I get to play again today, and I fear I'm about to get utterly destroyed again.
>>
>>49710606
What factions? Post lists and descriptions of what went wrong.

I've always found it strange how often players are unwilling to discuss what went wrong and how they can fix it after a game.
>>
What would be the Cadre Name for a team of Stealth Suits called "Mocking Wind"?
>>
>>49710668

I play sisters, and have for a long time. My old shop closed right as 6th dropped, and I just started playing again about 2 months ago. The friend I started playing with has played Eldar for about as long, and he stopped playing about the same time. I lost a few games to his eldar being eldar, but won once I found my footing.

I found a new store with players who aren't my friend, and lost solidly to space Marines. I figured I'd try something new and took my Tzeentch demons at 1000 points against Orks and lost so bad I don't think I ever want to touch them again.

My lists are pretty standard for sisters seen here.

As for what went wrong, bad rolls had a big part in it, but aside from that, I don't know. It was over pretty quickly.
>>
>>49710829
How the hell do you lose to Orks as Tzeentch Demons? Were you deliberately avoiding having flying MCs and summoning or something?
>>
>>49704128
Or just ally in draigo for gate, then port around every turn blowing shit up like a boss.
>>
>>49703969
>might just be the worst thing ever made in GW's modern era (edging out baby-carrier Dreadknight)
Taurox.
>>
>>49710829
>How did I lose?
>mostly bad dice rolls
Every. Single. Time.

>the SoB netlist
Okay. You'll stuggle against Space Marines, since they're going to be doing the same thing as you, just with twice as many vehicles. Not really much that can be done to prevent it.

>>49710878
If I had to guess, some combo of shitty psychic phase usage, a shitty list, and/or no CC units of his own.

Warpflame Host eats Orks alive. S7 Flickering Fire murders vehicles and light infantry at a sickening pace, and all the rest of the Tzeentch powers are great. Even the D-shot is usefull against 'nauts and Battle Wagons.

As much shit as the Warpflame Host/Daemonic Incursion gets for being repetitive, it's exactly what Tzeentch Daemons needed to not be entirely reliant on Summoning. Unfortunately, Cursed Earth is still too attractive to not throw dice after, but at least now we can actually kill shit with magic.
>>
>>49710962

>D-shot is usefull against 'nauts

Which no one really takes.
>>
>>49710878

I had 2 FMC, a LoC and a Prince. That game went so poorly on my favor because of bad dice rolls. My first roll on the warp storm was a 2, then I rolled nurgles rot the following turn. My first psych phase I failed manifest any dice and then failed to summon on 6 dice. The following turn my Prince took 4 wounds and grounded, I managed to summon a single horror unit, and then lost 7 models to a grenade. The turn after that, my LoC was grounded by its own perils and assaulted by a boss, 3 Kopters, and 8 nobs.
>>
What wargear would you like to see come for orks?

>Bang Hamma
Same stats as thunderhammer but has small blast at a strength of D6 ap 4
>zap whackas
General power weapons for orks that has different rules for a roll of D6 each fight phase so like fleshbane, armourbane, blind and other things
>Hand cannon
S8 ap3 a six shooter for nobz and war bosses
>Ball and Chain
S+2 range of 6-12 unweildly if in Melee range it loses the +2S
>>
File: mutilators.jpg (45KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
mutilators.jpg
45KB, 600x620px
>>49703969
>Centurions worse than Dreadknight
Naw. Centurions turned out kinda goofy, but the baby carrier design is just retarded.

Pic related is the worst model GW has released in the modern era. Especially in relation to the Fiends, which have a much, much better organic mixed with machine look.
>>
>>49710962

Pretty much hit the nail on the head. I couldn't get anything off and rolled 21 1s in a single phase. I had cursed earth and a 2++ on the LoC and it didn't matter. My exalted flamer caused a single wound and gave a unit of boys FNP, which was awesome...
>>
>>49710981
I've actually only played one game against Orks since 5th edition, and the guy had two of the big 'Nauts. By turn four his army was just a pack of meganobs awkwardly shuffling around the middle of the table getting picked off by Fateweaver and a Herald flinking Infernal Gateway and Prismatic Gaze at them. I felt dirty. Everyone who worked on Codex: Orks and Waaagh! Ghazkull should be fired.
>>
>>49703969
centurions are a lot less shit than dreadknights. dreadknights are easily gw's worst model in a long while. not only do they not fit the grey knights at all, but they just dont look right, not to mention the fucking mini grey knight sitting there instead of it being some kind of grey knight super dreadnought.
>>
>>49711086
>Everyone who worked on Codex: Orks and Waaagh! Ghazkull should be fired.

This. Oh my fuck, this 100000000x. Either keep people on staff relegated to their expertise, or hire generalists who can do the job right regardless of faction. Have some integrity, FFS.
>>
Played my first game with Genecults yesterday.
Opponent brought Grey Knight.
1000 Points.
I got ROLLED HARD. Couldn't make a single fucking save (my dice must've been pissed at me for playing something other than Nids). And my opponent's Stormraven popped my Leman Russ Vanquisher in one shot.

I brought
1 Doting Throng
1 Neophyte Cavalcade
1 First Curse

I still like genecults, but I got so unlucky and stomped so fucking hard that it leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
>>
>>49711086

Were they running a Dreadmob or something?

That's usually the only way I see Waaagh! Ghazghkull and two Orkanauts together at the sametime.
>>
new thread when
>>
>>49710962
>netlist

To be fair, sisters don't have much other choice besides like a combi-plas command squad.

What really got me was the fuck I h Grav cent squad. Wtf am I supposed to do against 2W T5 2+? I just had to let it rape whatever it wanted and then assaulted it to keep it from ever shooting again.
>>
I know I'm going to get my ass torn for even asking but I just couldn't see this, If I'm looking at Cult Insurrection for my Genestealer cult, do you roll Cult Ambush for an entire formation (made up of 9 units) or each unit in the formation?
>>
>>49711155

The first Curse is very expensive for a 1000 points
>>
>>49711238
It is, but it's pretty fucking good on paper. Even though I failed every single save, it took 3 turns of combat to wipe them out.
Had a made average rolls, they would have been an absolute deathstar.
Being able to get free Look Out Sir's in a Challenge was cool too.
>>
Lots of people seem to hate Centurions.

What would I replace them with assuming I don't have spare points or want to make room in the army to cram them in drop pods?
>>
Wait wait, do Stormtroopers only not ally to Genecult on a technicality?

Because someone stuck the word "codex" on a guard supplement?
>>
Anyone has new BL novels and short stories to share? I'll add them to the Library of Rho-Mu 31.

We still miss:
Horus Heresy - Corax
Horus Heresy Primarchs - Roboute Guilliman
The Beast Arises 8 - The Beast Must Die
The Beast Arises 9 - Watchers in Death
The Beast Arises 10 - Last Son of Dorn
The Beast Arises 11 - Shadow of Ullanor
The Red Path
LotDM - Genestealer Cults
Cast a Hungry Shadow
Potentia
The Keeler Image
The Purity of Ignorance
Myriad
Blackshield
Stormseeker
Deathwatch: Swordwind
Court of the Devourer
Legacy of Russ 7 - The wild King
Legacy of Russ 8 - Fate Unbound
Space Marines Legends: Shrike
Storm of Damocles
LotDM - Deathwatch
Asurmen: Hand of Asuryan
Calgar's Siege
Crusaders of Dorn
Medusan Wings
Space Marine Legends: Cassius
>>
>>49703186
Everybody get the fuck out of this thread

>>49711417
>>
>>49711322
What?
>>
>>49711225
Oh, I know. It's just that there's nothing to really say about it or do to change it.

Yeah, charging shooty cents is probably your best option. That, or maybe Rending H. Bolters.

>>49711173
Two 'Nauts, BWagon with some Meganobz and a Megaboss, big mob of Trakor Gunz, two mobs of Boyz on foot. 1500 points. I had Warpflame Host plus Kairos and a Lord of Change with the Robes. It was ugly. I ended up loosing the Lord, but he went in on foot to bait the Meganobz into not advancing into the heart of my Pink Horrors.
Thread posts: 375
Thread images: 43

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.