[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pathfinder General /pfg/ >THIS IS IMPORTANT! If you want

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 359
Thread images: 74

File: magic guns.jpg (59KB, 900x454px) Image search: [Google]
magic guns.jpg
59KB, 900x454px
Pathfinder General /pfg/

>THIS IS IMPORTANT!
If you want build advice make sure to say what 3pp you can use, if any.
>THIS IS IMPORTANT!

Magic guns, old west, hookers, and gold mines edition.

Unified /pfg/ link repository: http://pastebin.com/iYhDNSTq

Psionics Augmented: Psychic Warriors playtest: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1dX4UYdtwTQKhY71Q45IHLtcu193zq1ZO5jHQ5_PnTl8/edit

Bloodforge: Infusions playtest: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1GvwMclLSw15slYI7D5xLdjMzr-Nau92hNha9Sx0LOk4/edit

Forrest Patreon removed and banished by request of Forrest. Stop asking for it morons

Old Thread >>49695948
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (111KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
111KB, 1280x720px
What are some good weapon enhancements for guns?
>>
>>49705791
Unfortunately guns are prohibited from a number of enhancements

The best is Reliable though, as it makes misfires not a thing.
>>
>>49705791
Well, it's a weapon Quality you can build into your guns, and it's 3rd Party, but Rifled Barrels Doubles your Range Increments. 30 ft becomes 60 ft
>>
>>49705832
Oh, but my range increment on my rifle is already 400 ft with no limit :x
>>
Is there a way to get your Acrobatics roll to Climb? A player told the GM they had a trait that did it, but I can't seem to find it. The GM didn't actually ask for a link because he is a fool who will believe anything.
>>
>>49705891
If that's the extent of cheating at your table then you're doing fine.
>>
Alright. I'm actually kinda feeling serious about making an old west splatbook, I don't think it would be that much effort for each class. Shit, let me lay out ideas and get some feedback

So I think the essentials for a splat book of this would to be

1. Explaining the level of firearms tech. Given that this is the old west, I would base it off of the 'Firearms Everywhere' level, IE Advanced Firearms are the norm and are considered Martial Weapons to use, they and their ammo cost 10% of original.

2. Expanding/updating the list of what advanced firearms consist of. In the old west setting, Revolvers would be the primary 1h weapon, but 2h weapons would likely consist of lever action rifles and shotguns. Maybe have some fun and put in a few different ones here. Anyone have suggestions? Derringers? also add some fun old west gear. Like Dynamite. Maybe some armor/weapon enhancements

3. Update some classes who lack martial weapon proficiency with some firearm proficiency. Mostly classes like Rogue/Bards ect who would probably benefit from being able to use a revolver/derringer, but I don't think a Wizard or a Sorc or a Druid should gain any weapon profs

4. Possibly put Archetypes in, but only if they serve the purpose of 'this class does cool shit with guns' (IE, Gun-kata with monks), not just 'PALADIN BUT USE GUN SHITTILY'

5. Maybe make an 'unchained gunslinger'

6. Some appropriate spells.

7. Monsters like the Pale Stranger

8. Giving ideas of how a fantasy old west could be, campaign ideas and the like. Talking about tone and how magic fits in, ect.

9. Notes of other splats (is there some PoW stuff that could work w/ guns?) and even paizo material that could be relevant to a old west campaign (named bullet comes to mind)

Anything else you think should be in there?
>>
>>49705742
>Magic guns, old west, hookers, and gold mines edition.
Sounds perfect. My gunslinger is based entirely around Semi-magic devices.
>>
>>49705832
Only on muskets wasn't it?

>>49705854
and which rifle is that.

>>49705791
Greater Reliable, Phase-Locking, Linked-Striking, Fiery Explosion (with UMD to emulate being goblin).

If you're using a machinegun or cannon, the highly expensive ammunition makes Energy (not Greater Energy) an attractive proposition, though I strongly recommend only doing so when combined with the Elemental Focus feat or the solar wind style (of the appropriate element to match your gun) cap.
>>
>>49705942
>designing deeds
>"Push Your Limit" and "Toe the Line"
>essentially puts you into a highly competent but risky mode
>each cost exponentially more grit points to keep active
>does exponentially more non lethal damage
>once the grit runs out it all begins converting to lethal
>it takes a save to turn off
>the save gets harder the longer it's on
>this means you reach a tipping point you can no longer make the save and you ARE going to die as it burns you out
>effectively going to be fluffed as either a bathroom tub brewed back alley mutagen or "I'm just exceedingly hardcore".
>>
>>49705945
the normal advanced firearms rifle with the mythic level that increases your range increment by 5x with no maximum.
>>
>>49705945
>Fiery Explosion (with UMD to emulate being goblin).
Can I get a link to that one? I can't seem to find it with a quick search.
>>
>>49705913
Reminder that "there's full plate" means early firearms are already a thing (in fact wasn't it around flintlock, not even matchlock anymore, era?), whereas "old west" is fully "advanced firearms" with the Rasputin-Must-Die list just BARELY out of common tech (can easily be included for PCs).

Old west had ancient machineguns like the maxim, and there WERE cannons though they were rare. Not rare as a technology, just that most people didn't take cannons with them when they went across the continent to settle places, so cannons weren't a thing in rancher villages or mining towns, but they came back in full force with the confederates and union forces.

The rifles listed there are basically carbines in terms of power and range; full fledged scoped longrifles are in fact a thing in the old west; you don't have noon duels with them obviously though, and early optics were anything but cheap if of usable quality.

overpressure ammunition and other such tricks ARE a thing, and misfire should go down by 1 globally: any gun with a 5% or worse yet 10% chance of completely fucking up is going to be used on the one who sold it to you soon enough. Doing special 'tricks' like extra powder charge is going to bring misfire back to the paizo-standard, but that's because you're doing shit like treating the weapon as one size larger, or sticking shit that even a shotgun shouldn't have in it in your shotgun.

Also; those LeMat ball and cap and shotgun shell pistols were kinda badass: treat as a (7 or 9? think it was 9?) chambered early firearm (not metal cartridges, you had to load this shit by hand) but that ALSO has a second barrel in it... one with a shotgun shell.

Heavier calibers might have 5 rounds instead of 6-7, and there were both heavy round rifles and pistol-caliber carbines (again; that's what paizo portrays; doing d10 instead of d8 and slightly longer range due to longer barrel, but using same ammo), so put in the proper .303s, elephant guns and all that shit.
>>
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/wondrous-items/wondrous-items/h-l/halo-of-inner-calm

Is there any reason to not always have this and use UMD to trick it into thinking you're a good aligned tiefling?
>>
>>49705964
Also it's late at night but I am still really hurting to figure out what the Iconic Unchained Fighter/Gunslinger/Cavalier should be. I originally was going to homebrew a bugbear playable race and have it be:
>hobgoblin = cavalier
>bugbear = fighter
>goblin = gunslinger

But now I am not so sure. What do you all think fits the iconic soldier, the iconic knight, and the iconic tinkerer?
>>
>>49705990
I was thinking like civil war/post civil war era firearms were the most applicable to what i think of as 'old west' firearms, which yes, does include gattling guns and scoped longrifles, but the base rifle would probably be more like a repeater, with a tubular magazine and lever action.

On the topic of misfires, while from the simulationist aspect, 5% chance of fucking up is retarded, on the mechanical side I think a misfire is a much better application of a natural one than accidentally shooting yourself

The more I think about this, maybe it would make more sense as a setting splat. Introduce a setting, introduce technology of said setting, introduce what the classes of PF are like in the setting, and monsters of the setting, and magic of the setting, tone and how the setting is, rather than giving wishy-washy general ideas of a story.
>>
>>49705997
You'd have to find a good-aligned Tiefling to make it.
>>
>>49705978
it's in forgeworks. Combine with linked-striker on a +2 weapon (so +6 total of the +10) and it'll stack up to +6 enhancement after you hit something at +4 once.

>>49705971
so you don't, you just have epic-level-ability that would also do the same for your crossbow or your ejaculation anyways. It would be 800 then with rifling.

>>49705913
PoW stuff for ranged attacks works with guns for the most part though some things don't help or work very well.

Firearms ARE discipline weapons for Solar Wind and Tempest Gale. Be careful: while this includes Machineguns (hilarious with solar reflection) it does NOT include Tech "Heavy" weapons as they are not firearms but their own category (like firearms is) so you need Weapon Group Adaptation if you want to railgun snipe with maneuvers. Whether or not these override Slow-Firing is up for debate, but the heavies are such worthless shit that paying a feat to use'em with maneuvers is FAR less of a balance issue than letting a longbow or even just a regular musket ever would (and they don't need the fucking feat in the first place).

Autofire weaponry and "fires a fucking line" types are particularly enjoyable here; not only will adamantine rounds and Silver Crane Spiral on a heavy machinegun give you oral pleasure, but Autofire Weapons in general are in a bad bad place with 1pp due to being flatly locked out of ANY damage increase from feats; from Point-Blank-Shot to Weapon Specialization and obviously deadly-aim (but the to-hit penalty works fine! YAY) which means doing proper DPR is a serious problem for them, compounded with the situational usefulness (and occasional liability) of what happens when you shoot the fucking thing.

So PoW breathes new life into them; "your attacks this round" type damage boosts work, and even strikes can let you pump extra output into a primary target, or you can make sure whoever's behind that wall eats it thanks to Temporal Burn ignoring hardness, letting you cut down walls.
>>
>>49706062
I wouldn't include anything about them straightout, but I would direct people to them if they want to include PoW their games these things might be useful ect.

And i would never use Paizo's godawful modern weapons and their associated rules.
>>
>>49706067
The madsen, maxim and flamers are fine; it's the "tech weapons" that are colossal beacons of "NO FUN ALLOWED; WE TYPED THESE OUT AS DELIBERATE TRAPS AND WE WILL MAKE SURE YOU FUCKYOURSELF UP THE ASS UNTIL YOU FUCKING DIE IF YOU DARE TRY TO EVER USE THESE THINGS FUCK YOU" by some very mean-spirited neckbeard developers.

Nevertheless, with enough workarounds they can be useful enough; I'll admit it would take half the effort to make even a crossbow just as good though, so it's mostly just stubbornness on my part but it *can* be done. Never let it be said I don't willingly sacrifice big chunks of optimization potential for concept!
>>
Also one other thing I have been finding more and more true as I designed the unchained gunslinger is the fact I am basing a lot of their mechanics around exploding d4s. I realize there is no class currently that use exploding dice, and I feel it fits the gunslinger well. Now the duration of their debuffs, buffs, and a lot of their bonuses are no longer static but use exploding d4s (including their one one for saves).

In addition I have defined deeds to falling into one of four types:
>Trick Shots (which you replace one shot in a full attack with, they mostly just do save or debuff. These have a chance of refunding grit points)
>Gun Trick (which are standard action debuffs in an area, like a cone against blinded)
>Antees (where when you activate it you bet a number of grit points on an action, the more you better the better the effect, but if you fuck it up you lose even more depending on the bet)
>Deeds (These are just buff activated ones, where you spend a grit point to get a buff, they're probably the most boring of the lot)

Because in the new design grit points are used so heavily the amount of grit points a gunslinger has to work with has been inflated quite a bit (now 3+level+int mod).

Does anyone have angry opinions about this?
>>
>>49706062
>so you don't, you just have epic-level-ability that would also do the same for your crossbow or your ejaculation anyways. It would be 800 then with rifling.

Except I do, yeah it's a mythic ability, but that doesn't mean I don't have the ability. Besides, taking rifling may double my range increments, but with touch ac it's not going to mean I can hit enemies further away, I'll still be limited by my perception score.
>>
>>49706100
Not angry opinion but potential-exasperation?

The problem with exploding dice is that all those assholes who think the gunslinger is too powerful (ex: most of paizo, and all those assholes that claim guns don't fit a fantasy world that's reach the massed longbows and full plate level of tech) are going to look at it and say "infinite damage". Everything will be seen, judged (and for some who are instead interested; worries that it was balanced) on maximum explosion rather than the small increase to average that it actually does.

It also can make things extremely swingy which is already a problem in a d20 game with x4 crits.
>>
>>49706097
I just hate the 'automatic' rules Paizo did.

The Madsen and the Maxim gun are a bit more modern than the proper Old West setting, as is modern Flamethrower.

Crank operated Gatling guns did exist though.

Like I said, I'd focus on advanced firearms, they seem more appropriate to the old west era.

rule of thumb, figure out if it would be something in common use in the west before 1900 and i think it would thematically fit
>>
>>49706117
>judged (and for some who are instead interested; worries that it was balanced) on maximum explosion rather than the small increase to average that it actually does.
I can see this being a problem, but honestly? If people actually just dismiss it because exploding dice are scary. Man I don't know, maybe I don't want people like that playing. I mean there is a max number of times they can explode (your int mod).

>It also can make things extremely swingy which is already a problem in a d20 game with x4 crits.
The only one thus far that adds them to damage specifies it's not mutiplied on a crit.

I can see people possible freaking out saying "If he rolls 3 4s in a row the enemy could be sickened for 12 rounds.", but fighters rarely last that long and besides, casters debuff that long as well.

Even at a 7 int mod they have to roll a six times before they can above what a caster can at high levels. Which is a very small chance.

I don't think people will just be knee jerk reactions. Games with exploding dice exist, but then again I may be underestimating how knee jerk people can be.
>>
>>49706138
For instance, one of the Trick Shots is a save against Sickened. It, at level 11, has a duration 2d4 rounds. The maximum number of times these can explode, between both dice, is still the gunslinger's int mod.

A level 11 gunslinger won't likely have more than a 5 or so (maybe? though then again since the class has become much more int based because of debuff DCs they might). The max still isn't insane. A debuff lasting longer than 5 or so rounds no longer matters for duration because combats rarely last that long.

But then again, people are silly and might just knee jerk reaction.
>>
A revised NPC Battle Templar, using the rules from PoW:E for use in other people's games.

Now, to find the stats for a Trireme.
>>
Can I use UMD twice on the same item activation, say, to emulate both an alignment and a class feature? The srd page isn't clear on this.
>>
As far as I know you an only use weapon finesse, and therefore Dex, with Imp Trip, Imp Sunder and Imp Disarm as long as you are using a finessable weapon. But what about Whip with Whip mastery or other weapons with grappling feature?
>>
>>49706191
The ruling is 'if you are using the weapon to make the maneuver'

You don't (generally) use a sword to Steal, so you couldn't use dex from Weapon Finesse for it.

But if you're using the weapon, then you use the weapon's modifier.
>>
>>49705909
I'm not actually worried. I was just wondering if it's an actual trait and I'm missing something. Far worse happens at that table, and I've simply stopped caring all that much. I was just curious.
>>
>>49706043
>On the topic of misfires, while from the simulationist aspect, 5% chance of fucking up is retarded, on the mechanical side I think a misfire is a much better application of a natural one than accidentally shooting yourself

On the mechanical side nat one has no special meaning(except automatic failure on saves and attacks) barring misfire or retarded houserules.
>>
>>49706126
For rapid firing (more or less; at least "semi-auto" rules) there's Matchlock Revolvers back in the late 1500s, the Puckle Gun, chain firing Nock Gun, the early Gatling, and there were a couple of precursors to the Maxim prior to 1900.
>>
>>49706259
Yeah, misfire was added purely to make nat 1s worse with guns than any other weapon.
>>
>>49706271
Yeah, i'm not worried about semi-auto style weapons, they're around a-plenty in old west style stuff.

Like i said, Crank operating Gatlings would exist. For sure for sure for sure.

Anyone got a suggestion of any 3.pf books to look at for examples of a setting splat?
>>
>>49706259
you're right fuck me

Crit fails are just such a ubiquitous house rule that i assumed they were part of the rules cause i am a retard.
>>
>>49706282
I'm gonna have an option in my tech rules for Standardized Parts.

Basically, if standardized parts = true, then misfire is reduced by say, one for all guns. Because even if it's a kooky gunsmith handmaking all his parts from scratch, having a specific set of 'this shit works real good' still helps.

Sort of a secondary setting alongside but separate to the gun level rules.
>>
>>49706294
>house rule
Optional rule. Paizo sells crit fail decks themselves.
>>
Yeah i think the 'Old West' Splatbook idea is actually going to be better served as a campaign setting splatbook with the rules within.

Now to stare at the Eberron book since that shits well loved and maybe i can see how its laid out and base shit off of that.

sidenote, anyone know how to like... Write a PDF in that style? Its kinda cool.
>>
>>49706383
The Homebrewery's pretty well-loved.

http://homebrewery.naturalcrit.com/
>>
can a wizards familiar understand verbal commands from people other than the wizard, or do they gotta make handle animal checks?
>>
>>49706409
>http://homebrewery.naturalcrit.com/
Outstanding, that looks perfect. I'll have to save it for later.
>>
Thanks for the tips, pfg!
>>
Is it reasonable to assume that a cleric of Iomedae is somewhat dismissive of romance because there are literally hell demons leaking into the world and there is just too much work to be done t spend time faffing around with qts?
>>
>>49706440
War needs soldiers homie.
>>
>>49706440
they're a bit more occupied kidnapping good aligned people of other religions and torturing them if they don't know intimate details of iomedae's religion or answer with the wrong feelings to worry about demons OR romance.

although maybe they rape once in a while as one of the punishments and that's how they reproduce.
>>
>>49706459
If they were really Good they'd want to do it with Iomedaeans, so it's not rape. And if they're evil, then it's not rape, it's Smiting.
>>
>>49705854
Now you can have 800ft

If you are a Marksman too, you can make a single Free attack against EVERY ENEMY within your First Range Increment with Barrage, a 4th Level Psionic Power.

I SHOOT THE ENTIRE ARMY.
>>
File: IMG_0199.jpg (176KB, 952x1450px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0199.jpg
176KB, 952x1450px
>>49706481
>>
>>49705945
It has no ruling on that, so I was allowed to put it on my Revolvers.
>>
>>49706506
but revolvers are already rifled weapons...
>>
>tfw when you want to make elves native americans in your setting
>>
>>49706621
What would drow be?
>>
>>49706635
Underground somewhere fucking around.

I don't know

I haven't fit them into the setting at all yet. I'm focused on the core 7 and I'm really trying not to make Orcs black people cause that just feels racist AF.
>>
>>49706641
I'm still a little tickled that Elder Scrolls Orcs have a chinese aesthetic when they're actually in a position to be fancy.
>>
>>49706681
Orcs being asian would actually be fun. Heck.
>>
>>49706695
Hobgoblins.

>>49706641
Its only racist if you make it racist.
>>
>>49706715
I suppose thats true.
>>
Another thing I'm probably going to add to the old west setting is 1-2 races

I really want to add a Haemonculus race, (Think Ennis from Baccano), probably base them off of Androids and build from there
>>
Holy shit i see why the Ebberon book is so well loved

This fucking shit is so goddamn extensive holy shit
>>
>>49706518
It's stupid I know, but my DM Allowed it.
>>
File: incas mayans and aztecs.png (607KB, 575x709px) Image search: [Google]
incas mayans and aztecs.png
607KB, 575x709px
>>49706641
Make them part of the Triple Alliance.
>>
>>49706911
Sure, that could work
>>
>>49705913
Unchained gunslinger? I've done some theorising on that.
>>
>>49706922
Meant to post this, it's got a mish-mash of ideas of mine, not sure which to go with.

http://pastebin.com/HCUZj7rX
>>
Is Toughness ever worth it?
>>
>>49706922
Yeah. My basic theory is to make deeds choices like talents and maybe do something to gun training to make it more desirable to take more than 5 levels
>>
File: aztec daily life.jpg (72KB, 588x449px) Image search: [Google]
aztec daily life.jpg
72KB, 588x449px
>>49706916
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aztec_Empire

You might have to find and adapt the Maztica box set from TSR.
>>
>>49706952
For now i'm just going to focus on the general feeling of this one continent and specifically this old west feel, shit can be expanded later if people like it.
>>
>>49706938
One thing I'm noticing here is it has significant overlap with that one Gunslinger Gnome archetype based on modding your gun.
Keep it up, I hate race-locked archetypes.
>>
File: LoZ This fucker right here.png (16KB, 190x190px) Image search: [Google]
LoZ This fucker right here.png
16KB, 190x190px
>>49706946
I don't think so.

You would be better off raising your AC at low levels, and your saves at medium to high levels.
>>
File: Praise Lolth.jpg (186KB, 1314x2409px) Image search: [Google]
Praise Lolth.jpg
186KB, 1314x2409px
>>49706504
I want to marry a Drow!

So I know we lost Volcanohound, but has anyone uploaded any pdfs of the Strange Aeons books yet?
>>
>when you realize you are bad at names

fuck
>>
File: 1440866390524.jpg (587KB, 741x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1440866390524.jpg
587KB, 741x1000px
>>49707184
Look for Gary Gygax's Extraordinary Book of Names.

>>49707137
Why? She'll kill you for fun and feed you to their spiders.
>>
>>49707137
Where the hell did her nipples go
>>
>>49707263
apparently they became suction cups that hold that top on
>>
>>49707269

Drow nipples are well known for that quality, it's what allows them to hang from ceilings while awaiting an ambush.
>>
>2 extra ki costs the same as 6 extra rage turns
Why?
>>
>>49707371
Because this game is imbalanced and some classes get to have things that are strictly superior in every way to things other classes get

case closed.
>>
>>49707371
Rage is a much more abundant resource for those classes that have it.
>>
>>49707371
Ki users are more marriageable than rage users, who tend to be surly and cause unnecessary property damage.
>>
File: Smiling Lolth.png (497KB, 500x686px) Image search: [Google]
Smiling Lolth.png
497KB, 500x686px
>>49707357
>>49707269
>>
>>49707357
Are they also able to move around the surface of the boob
for... added dexterity when ceiling-gripping?
>>
>>49706097

I have pages and pages of fixes for technological weapons. I played an Artisan, the 3PP artificer port by Drop Dead Studios (makers of Spheres).

I created an archetype for it which focuses on technological items, and included ways to turn normal items into tech items, without whatever retarded ideas the Paizo devs had. (Example: Gravity Bow is a 1st level spell. A magic item for continuous use costs 2k GP. Or, for 2k GP you can buy a gravity clip, which uses 1 charge per attack to do the same thing! Yay! a strictly worse option!) realizing that charges are actually a balancing mechanism.

I also designed dozens and dozens of magical items, technological items, some which are both.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1tmZjGbejTkW8YwezrTqk__CCx9c29B0MKg6YlarbFMA/edit?usp=sharing

This is the archetype.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1N3ZJeiO5xMrqFkGE5Nacoykba3jseDgek0XBRZ_G_GI/edit?usp=sharing

These are some of the items. They were all created using the Magic Item Creation rules, with the modifications for tech items included in the archetype.
>>
What's the role of a monk? I've seen more acrobatic, skillmonkey and better combatant classes in a single frame than monk so don't bring me the "half skill monkey half martial" that I hear everywhere
>>
>>49707615
To make every other class feel better about themselves
>>
>>49707615
Be the best grappler at best (tetori), and the rest is shit.
>>
>>49707615
Unchained monk is pretty good
>>
File: Danica Maupoissant.jpg (34KB, 293x471px) Image search: [Google]
Danica Maupoissant.jpg
34KB, 293x471px
>>49707615
>http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/coreRulebook/classes/monk.html

>Role: Monks excel at overcoming even the most daunting perils, striking where it's least expected, and taking advantage of enemy vulnerabilities. Fleet of foot and skilled in combat, monks can navigate any battlefield with ease, aiding allies wherever they are needed most.

It's because they want to be a wrestler, or want to kill stuff bare-handed like in Fist of the North Star, or that one monk from the Cleric Quintet.
>>
>>49707137
>but has anyone uploaded any pdfs of the Strange Aeons books yet?

Yes.
>>
>>49707675

>That pic

Danica really was adorable.
>>
>>49707689
Can I have a link please?
>>
>>49707675
>All those lies
Kek, on par with rangers are their " Ranger are deft skirmishers, either in melee or at range, capable of skillfully dancing in and out of battle" when they don't even have acrobatics
>>
"Welcome to the *Navaros Campaign Setting*, a world that strives to capture the feeling of being the old west. This is a world of guns, hardened frontier towns, outlaws, and lawbringers, designed for the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game. This is a world with a technological level significantly higher than the standard fantasy setting, and classes will act quite a bit differently. In this book you will find rules to play a game set in Navaros, or in a world similar to it, changes to classes for play in these worlds, new firearms, equipment, spells, and monsters. "

Am I just autistic or is that terrible as fuck.
>>
File: 1416242459585.png (249KB, 430x696px) Image search: [Google]
1416242459585.png
249KB, 430x696px
>>49707772
No.

It sounds like the standard format for a new ruleset or campaign.
>>
>>49707772

The wording is chunky but the information was successfully conveyed. This is good, usually you get cases where the wording is flowery but you can't tell what they're talking about.
>>
>>49707615
It's supposed to be a mobile striker. Results may vary.
>>
>>49707812
Maybe the unchained and only if you pick flying kick, for the crb one the rogue is a better mobile striker
>>
>>49707615
It's a mess, even Umonk doesn't know what it wants to be and ends being prety unfocused class.
>>
>>49707809
I'd prefer chunky and successful to flowery and shit

>>49707796
ok thanks
>>
File: piko.jpg (155KB, 645x768px) Image search: [Google]
piko.jpg
155KB, 645x768px
>>49707842
>http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/unchained/classes/monk.html

>Unchained: Much of the monk has been reworked, including its base attack bonus, Hit Die, saves, and many of its special abilities. The result is a version of the monk that not only is easier to play, but also possesses a great deal more versatility. Flurry of blows is now much simpler to use in play. Many of the higher-level abilities of the monk, such as abundant step and quivering palm, have been incorporated into the new system of ki powers. As a monk advances in level, he can select from a variety of ki powers, allowing the player to truly customize his character.

It's "versatile."
>>
>>49707825
I realize that it didn't work out at all, but that appears to be what is intended.
>>
>>49707710
Sure.

http://imgur.com/a/2PUuF
>>
>>49707858
>versatile
I hate that word, is a fucking buzzword now, it means nothing, it's basically "I dont' really know what it does or how it works or even if it works at all, go firgure it yourself"
>>
>>49707875
Why don't you just go to 7gag or Cripplechan? Like why bother with this place at all?
>>
>>49707897
While they are superior sites for /tg/, I got used to 4chan over the past ten years. Comparatively this site has no dedicated sharing, scanning, unmarking (whatnot, they're actively banned) or any thing other then some disjointed generals like this, meme spouting faggotry, IRC cancer and the occasional dev lurking. 4chan as it is now is Reddit-after-hours. It was better a few years ago.
>>
File: 1475375372721.jpg (31KB, 564x757px) Image search: [Google]
1475375372721.jpg
31KB, 564x757px
I've been challenged to make a competent two weapon fighter. Who dual wields bastard swords.How the hell do I do this?
>>
>>49707948

1pp? Put an effortless lace on the swords to make them count as light weapons for 2-weapon fighting feats.
>>
>>49707948
with 3pp is possible, there're feats that allow you to be Str TWF with two 1 hd weapons and even 2 hd weapons in one hand
>>
>>49707948
two weapon fighter archetype i guess
>>
>>49707897
>Beg for links
>Get told where to look
>Starts insulting the one providing.

Way to bite the hand that feeds.
>>
File: Level 10 Antipaladin.jpg (181KB, 800x1334px) Image search: [Google]
Level 10 Antipaladin.jpg
181KB, 800x1334px
>>49707994
We start at level 1.
>>49708032
No 3pp allowed.
>>49708037
Is that really all I would need to overcome the penalties?
>>
Do inquisitors make good monster hunters?

Melee or Ranged?
>>
>>49708047
>No 3pp allowed
Then no, you're fucked. Enjoy short swords and pretty much focusing on Dex.
>>
>>49708047
it would help a lot.
>>
>>49708070
Yes
Yes
They're a Ranger+++
>>
File: Level 1 Dwarf Fighter.jpg (69KB, 650x1150px) Image search: [Google]
Level 1 Dwarf Fighter.jpg
69KB, 650x1150px
>>49708094
There is no way to make someone who dual wields hueg swords without 3pp, really?If so, why not?
>>49708110
I was looking for a little more than that though
>>
>>49708128
11th level Two Weapon Fighter, you'll suck ass though.
>>
>>49708128
its more the 17 dex that fucks you than the penalties
>>
>>49708132
And I mean the archetype
>>
File: Level 15 Andoran Cavalier.jpg (48KB, 600x849px) Image search: [Google]
Level 15 Andoran Cavalier.jpg
48KB, 600x849px
>>49708132
I just need to be on par with a (only very slightly optimized) sword+board fighter.
>>49708134
My stats are
STR 16
DEX 18
CON 14
INT 10
WIS 12
CHA 14
>>
>>49708128
>There is no way to make someone who dual wields hueg swords without 3pp, really? If so, why not?

Because Paizo hates Martials.

If you want to dual wield weapons larger than bastard swords, you would have to multiclass with Titan Mauler (Barbarian).
>>
>>49708162
Oh, with a statline like that you can actually make a Two Weapon Warrior build and do decently

Yeah just do Two Weapon Warrior you'll do fine.
>>
>>49708162
Don't do this to yourself, man
>>
>>49708175
>Titan Mauler
Isn't that like incredible shitty?
>>
File: ff7.jpg (28KB, 521x389px) Image search: [Google]
ff7.jpg
28KB, 521x389px
>>49708196
Not if you want to wield large weapons using 1pp.
>>
File: Level 10 Fighter.jpg (976KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Level 10 Fighter.jpg
976KB, 1200x1600px
>>49708175
Bastard swords are as far as I want to go
>>49708184
Alright then I'll just do a standard TWF build
>>49708186
Why not?
>>
>>49708047
The possessed hand feat line also gives some decent bonuses for twf, like decreasing the penalty by -2 to a minimum of -1 and +1 to attack and damage with one hand. These feats are from the haunted heroes handbook.

If you start at level 1 use longswords and grab bastard swords at level 2. This way for level 1 grab twf, possessed hand and hands autonomy, this way you will be fighting with two one handed weapons decently. At level 2 grab exotic weapon prof and swtich over to bastard swords, and then weapon focus at level 3.
>>
File: 24-25.jpg (1MB, 5096x3300px) Image search: [Google]
24-25.jpg
1MB, 5096x3300px
>>49707948
My suggestion would be taking the Rich Parents and Dusk Agent traits to have 1800 starting gold, spending part of it on a pair of masterwork Bastard Swords, and then saving the rest for Effortless Lace.

As for level 1 feats, besides Exotic Weapon Proficiency (Bastard Sword) and TWF, you might consider looking at the Possessed Hand feat as a non-combat feat. It grants a +1 to attack and damage with one-handed weapons, which combined with the Masterwork bonus will reduce your attack penalties to -2 instead of -4. Then at level 3 you can grab Hand's Autonomy which will effectively negate the attack penalty, plus let you attack while unconscious. Also ask your DM if Fighters are allowed to have Combat Stamina for free, since you can use that to boost your to-hit after your roll.

I'd suggest against Two-Weapon Warrior since that replaces Weapon Training which has actually become useful these days.
>>
File: Being a Martial in PF.png (802KB, 918x868px) Image search: [Google]
Being a Martial in PF.png
802KB, 918x868px
>>49707948
First, you must be a Half Elf for that one alternate trait for Bastard Sword prof.

Next, take the Lore Warden archetype, so you aren't completely useless outside of combat.

Then take Weapon Finesse and start off with a shortsword for the next few levels

When you hit Lvl 5, choose Heavy Blades for your weapon training, buy some effortless lace for two bastard swords. At 9th level, take Trained Grace advance weapon training to buff your damage up a tad. Then at 13th level take Versatile Training so you can still be somewhat useful outside combat, or maybe instead Fighter's Finesse if your sick of using the lace.

Granted, this doesn't come really online at all until at least 19th level, and you'll still be less useful than a comparable 2handed fighter and you'll have to spend most of your feats on 2wf.

But that's what you get for being a 2handed martial in Pathfinder

Please tell me though that your GM is lenient enough to allow WMH content
>>
What gestalts well with Kineticist?

I'm thinking UnBarb with Calm Stance or Urban Barbarian. You get a bigger hit die, full BAB, and rage, which is more HP, and can blast while raging.

I'm building a boss fight for a gestalt campaign and I need ideas
>>
>>49708534
UMonk, because kinetecists are likely to go unarmed anyway. If it's a boss you could rule he has some ability allowing him to count Blasts as Monk weapons.
>>
>>49708563
Make it an obscure Style. That way, interested PCs could learn it from the villain's repentant student or remorseful master or some shit
>>
So I can't build high op characters for shit.
Can someone either link me or explain to me the math behind "the kineticists has worse DPR than a guy with a longbow"? I'm interested in seeing the point of playing a kineticist if they really are that bad.
>>
>>49708817
>the point of playing a kineticist if they really are that bad.
The point is to take either DSP or EnJolly archetypes and elements instead.
>>
>>49708834
What do if no 3pp allowed yet
>>
File: Kineticists suck.jpg (185KB, 1237x345px) Image search: [Google]
Kineticists suck.jpg
185KB, 1237x345px
>>49708817
>http://paizo.com/threads/rzs2t0c8?Kineticist-Damage-Evaluation

>http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?482463-Can-someone-explain-the-Kineticist-class-to-me&s=cb43bcd5bb83c2ca6f758c00334a97ae
>>
>>49708855
suck your DM's dick
OR stick only to Wind, Earth, or Aether elements and dedicate yourself to being a movement scout.
>>
Am I doing this shit right

"Barbarians in Navaros are wide-ranging. Some are particularly brutish individuals, flying into rage in battle, swinging axes and firing guns alike. Others are scions of savage tribes, charging heedlessly at firearm wielding foes and tearing them apart in close combat. A few invididuals straddle both worlds, finding themselves torn between the wilds and the encroaching civilization.

Suggested Archetypes: Urban Barbarian, Savage Technologist, True Primitive, Mounted Fury"

Suggested Archetypes are meant to be archetypes that fit into the setting flavorfully best. Idk.
>>
File: last of the mcducks.jpg (356KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
last of the mcducks.jpg
356KB, 1024x768px
>>49708895
Yes
>>
File: Don't mess with McDuck.jpg (552KB, 1000x1449px) Image search: [Google]
Don't mess with McDuck.jpg
552KB, 1000x1449px
>>49708944
But anon, Scrooge isn't a barbarian.
He's a natural disaster event.
You don't fight it, you survive it.
>>
What are some good classes that can be played by a blind character that aren't fighter/barbarian/monk?

I wanna play one of these: http://www.d20pfsrd.com/races/3rd-party-races/alluria-publishing/squole

But I don't want to make another monk and I don't like fighter/barb.
>>
>>49705909

I don't understand cheating at tabletops. Like you're not going to "win" either way.
>>
>>49709050
DDS has some blind samurai archetype iirc
>>
File: 1294778748698.jpg (415KB, 631x895px) Image search: [Google]
1294778748698.jpg
415KB, 631x895px
>>49709005
>http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/barbarian/archetypes/dreamscarred-press---barbarian-archetypes/primal-disciple-barbarian-archetype
>http://www.d20pfsrd.com/races/other-races/featured-races/arg-tengu

If we swapped Broken Blade for Piercing Thunder, and added a Mythic Path, a PC could become Scrooge McDuck someday.
>>
>>49709050

Oracle?
>>
>>49709067
But you can get benefits you wouldn't be able to obtain normally. That's enough.
>>
File: 1475230288047.png (443KB, 640x484px) Image search: [Google]
1475230288047.png
443KB, 640x484px
So we had our first character death a week ago. Our Dwarven Ranger, played by our newest person, got killed by a kraken.

Long story shot, the new guy needs a new character to be ready by our next session on Thursday. He has no idea what he want to play and he asked me for help. And while I always have several character concepts rolling in my head, I'm not sure what's good for a new player.

Any suggestions? It's got to be something simple, but can compete with a Kineticist, a Magus, and a (poorly built) Cleric. But also be simple enough that a new player can wrap his head around.

Oh, and it's an Ebberon campaign. Anything Pathfinder published is good, 3.5 stuff can be adapted, and 3rd party stuff is out.

Any ideas?

Pic unrelated.
>>
>>49709080
>Barbarian/Ranger multiclass
>>
File: Daredevil_01_0027-028.jpg (2MB, 2880x2208px) Image search: [Google]
Daredevil_01_0027-028.jpg
2MB, 2880x2208px
>>49709050
This >>49709086.

I once ran a game with a blind Lore Oracle of Azuth.

As long as he kept in urban environments, he was able to play effectively.
>>
So a while back I started setting up a homebrewed version of Pathfinder for use with my IRL friends who have next to zero TTRPG experience. I focused on simplifying things and making fun classes for them, so balance is probably non-existent (tried keeping most classes fairly in line with each other but probably didn't do an amazing job).

Sadly because of life, our games have kind of fizzled out, and I'm left with all these text documents I put a lot of work into and I'm still adding/changing stuff with. Decided I'd try to finish things up and see if I could find a group either on /tg/ or roll20 that would be willing to try out a full campaign or a oneshot with my bastardized version of Pathfinder.

Two major changes I've made are the magic system and feats system.

Magic - I've done away with the magic system of Pathfinder (I hate it so much) and implemented a stamina system to represent a caster's magic stamina for spells. I've also done away with spell lists, and incorporated a spellcrafting system similar to other "craft your abilities" TTRPGs. I figured this would give more freedom to how the player could play any given class, at least moreso than normal Pathfinder.

Feats - I decided to combine certain like-feats and give level progression to them in order to combat feat tax (so no more "you need this feat to get this feat in order to obtain this other feat", and no more "you need alllll these feats in order to be viable for 'obscure playstyle'"). I've also added new feats and a bunch of class specific feats for added variety. I'm still working on this part.

So far I have fifteen classes, with ideas for more. A lot of these are taken from Pathfinder and changed up a bit or completely, and a few are completely new. I can post these if anyone's interested.

Mainly posting this to see if anyone is interested in either helping me finish up stuff or actually playing around with it.
>>
>>49709129
Do you know what revelation he picked?
>>
>>49709159

I am interested in your magic system. If you could elaborate that would be great.
>>
http://championship.give-aways.net/?id=fk1iuhlV
>>
>>49708944
Well if you say so.

I'm just trying to make people think about their characters as they add them to the setting.
>>
File: PF - alahazra mythic.jpg (90KB, 600x886px) Image search: [Google]
PF - alahazra mythic.jpg
90KB, 600x886px
>>49709184
>http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/oracle/mysteries/paizo---oracle-mysteries/lore

Brain Drain
Lore Keeper
Sidestep Secret

He was going to take Mental Acuity next before he decided to make a new character.
>>
>>49709265
Thank you.
>>
>>49709111
Half-orc Barbarian, member of a minor clan under House Tharashk, or a mercenary from Droaam.

>http://eberron.wikia.com/wiki/House_Tharashk
>http://eberron.wikia.com/wiki/Droaam
>>
>>49709200

Basically you mix and match a bunch of effects to create a spell. Each effect is worth a certain number of points and you're limited to how many points you can spend per spell level. Depending on how close you come to the spell crafting point limit, the spell will either be a standard action or full round action.

So if you wanted to make a fireball spell, you'd do range, area: burst if you want it to be AoE, element control: fire, and damage, and however many points you spend on any of these determines the strengths of the spell. So you can focus on range and area: burst more than damage to have it hit a wider area at a longer range, or you can limit your range of casting and the area of effect to focus more on putting points into damage.

I have a pretty long list of effects right now, still feel like there's room for more (though a few might be slightly redundant).

Each caster class has "specialization" spell effects that are cheaper for them than for other classes (so healing is cheaper for clerics but not wizards, but wizards can still be healers if they want).

Each caster has a resource called stamina. Spells cost stamina to cast, and the stamina cost is dependent on the effects you used for the spell. This was intended to represent a caster's endurance, and once they use up all their stamina their spells start costing hit points.

Psionics are their own thing, but for all intents and purposes function just like magic. So their is a difference, but for game mechanics they're mostly the same.
>>
isn't it wierd the trove havn't been updated in 3 months?
>>
>>49709434
RIP VolcanoHound
>>
File: 1344733704796.png (7KB, 355x295px) Image search: [Google]
1344733704796.png
7KB, 355x295px
>>49705597
> Empty Quiver Style is pretty bad, because there's 1 feat that does everything it does, and its called Gunslinger. Yes, the feat has the same name as the class.

> Gunslinger
> When you attack with a firearm, you do not provoke attacks of opportunity.

> Empty Quiver Style
> While using this style, you can make melee attacks with the chosen weapon as if it were a heavy mace (or a light mace for melee attack made with a hand crossbow or one-handed firearm), though you don't automatically threaten the area around you as if you were wielding a melee weapon.

> You can switch between melee and ranged attacks with this weapon without penalty, even during the same round. In addition, you ignore the elf prerequisite for the Stabbing Shot feat.

> If you have the Stabbing Shot feat, you can use it with a crossbow or firearm, substituting a loaded bolt or firearm ammunition for an arrow.

Uh...
>>
>>49709491
The endgame of empty quiver style is to use ranged weapon attacks in melee without causing aoos, and threatening the area around you. Using Melee attacks instead of your ranged ones is fucking garbage.

Snap shot is a feat that threatens in squares around you, Gunslinger lets you attack use firearms without AOOs.

So for a gunwielding character, there is literally no reason to ever take Empty Quiver style, which requires 4 feats, (Stabbing shot is garbage), when you can take Snap Shot and Gunslinger.
>>
>>49709526
>The endgame of empty quiver style is to use ranged weapon attacks in melee without causing aoos
You mean it isn't to be able to bop people with an unloaded gun for free action reloads? Considering I've been looking at pairing a Sacred Fist with Crusader's Flurry for silly gun-flurries Empty Quiver Style seems like a good idea for a gun that'd take longer to reload. If I were using something like a revolver though, then yeah Empty Quiver Style would be nigh pointless.
>>
>>49709557
Or you know, get free action reloads with rapid reload and alchemical cartridges.
>>
>>49709569
If the character uses a two-handed firearm however you'd only be able to narrow it to a move action. But like I said, if I were to use a one handed firearm the feats would be useless.
>>
>>49709638
That'd be a pretty garbage build if you could only effectively use a 2h firearm when also in melee combat desu.
>>
>>49709653
It sure would.
>>
File: FFT white mages vs archer.jpg (421KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
FFT white mages vs archer.jpg
421KB, 800x800px
A couple of months ago, a DM was trying to make a sniper using PoW:E that would keep the PCs confined to an urban area.

He was going to use the maneuvers that let him shoot through walls and around corners to do it.

Did he ever post the results here?
>>
Give me your top three 3rd level Oracle spells, /pfg/. Especially ones useful for a Lunar Oracle acting as both "primary martial" and healer.
>>
File: armed elf.jpg (100KB, 420x595px) Image search: [Google]
armed elf.jpg
100KB, 420x595px
Hello pfg. I just wanna thank you all for all the ideas and advices you keep giving and sharing with all your messages. Really, thank you.
>>
>get to writing clerics

>realize i probably need to write gods for this setting

fuck/thismightbefun
>>
File: motherly oracle edit.jpg (91KB, 600x850px) Image search: [Google]
motherly oracle edit.jpg
91KB, 600x850px
>>49709813
Remove Curse
Remove Blindness/Deafness
Paragon Surge
>>
>>49709887
>paragon surge
>not banned
>>
File: Pythia (Genzoman).jpg (158KB, 1100x789px) Image search: [Google]
Pythia (Genzoman).jpg
158KB, 1100x789px
>>49709895
The replace it with Glyph of Warding or Screaming Flames.
>>
>>49709653
I dunno, that sounds fun.
>>
>>49706100
>Antes (where when you activate it you bet a number of grit points on an action, the more you better the better the effect, but if you fuck it up you lose even more depending on the bet)
So he is an example ante:

>Pistol Whip
>Active: The Gunslinger bets between one and five grit points as an immediate action when someone strikes him in melee. He makes a melee attack roll at his highest base attack bonus. On a successful attack the opponent makes a Fortitude saving throw equal to 10+1/2 his gunslinger level+his intelligence modifier or be exhausted for 1 round. If he bets 2 grit points the enemy becomes stunned for one round. If the Gunslinger bets 3 grit points the enemy is now allowed a save against this effect (immunity still applies). If the gunslinger fails (either by not hitting or by the enemy successfully making the save) he takes an effect. At 1 grit point he is fatigued for one round, at 2 he is exhausted for one round, and at 3 he is stunned for one round.

I am struggling pretty badly with how Antes should work. This seems like to big of a risk.
>>
File: Other gods of Faerun.jpg (33KB, 400x262px) Image search: [Google]
Other gods of Faerun.jpg
33KB, 400x262px
>>49709857
Which one were you?

>>49709882
I haven't seen a setting with an active gods of Reason or Fairness.
>>
>>49710246
Well I mean I'm actively going to get to make a god with favored weapon (revolver)

i'm kinda hype.
>>
>>49710246
I'm a reader. i just lurk the threads, without asking. That's why I wanted to thank you all.
>>
>>49709882

Do away with the whole alignment grid. Make the gods allied, opposed, or neutral with each other based on what they stand for.

There'd still be good, evil, and neutral, but I feel like this is more flexible for interesting lore.
>>
>>49709882
God design is always fun.
>>
>>49710299
i was going to include a passage of alignment being more fluid and less HARD RULES, which I think fits the old west a bit more.

I dunno. I'm mixed on the alignment grid. Parts of it it i find compelling and other parts i find completely worthless
>>
>Long running game is looking for players
>Ask game details before hand
>Everything seems agreeable
>Decide to join game
>GM throws in a custom rule at the last minute
>>
File: k - Murderkube.jpg (278KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
k - Murderkube.jpg
278KB, 1280x1024px
>>49710289
Is it the god of Invention, Warfare, or Justice?
>>
>>49710398
i was thinking justice as well but maybe the god of justice has a shotgun instead who knows
>>
>>49710341

Tell us more about this campaign, senpai.
>>
File: Praise the kube.jpg (778KB, 2950x2076px) Image search: [Google]
Praise the kube.jpg
778KB, 2950x2076px
>>49710426
Hunting - Rifle
Justice - Revolver
Invention - Blunderbuss, or whatever the most advanced firearm is
Warfare - Shotgun
>>
>>49709895
What's bad about it? A spell giving a temp feat was already a thing in 3.5, it was mostly ignored outside of arguments about wizards being able to literally outclass Fighters at their job even when deciding not to trivialize/obviate the need for that job entirely.
>>
>>49710450
why would shotgun be warfare and not hunting
>>
>>49710309
Not him but I really hate it, personally. It's a bunch of pointless writing that won't come up nearly ever but you are obligated to do quite a lot of it if your setting includes clerics and varied alignments.
>>
>>49710522
Dear fucking god I hope not
>>
File: K smokey the bear.png (107KB, 1210x1016px) Image search: [Google]
K smokey the bear.png
107KB, 1210x1016px
>>49710545
Do you want to pick buckshot out of your food before every meal?
>>
>>49710432
I called him a faggot and left the game.
>>
>>49710558
See what I normally do is simply state early on that you won't have every domain for every alignment. I make sure all domains are covered somewhere, but not for everyone. For instance there may be no way for a LG character to gain Darkness or Trickery.

I generally make 12 gods. One of each alignment, and then 4 additional smattered around, each with 4 main domains and a few subdomains. Beyond a few sentences of who they are, their main country of practice, their domains, and favored weapon there isn't much else. If a character is intrigued you work out more.
>>
>>49709887
>>49709961
Well that's interesting. Dunno if I can pull off Paragon Surge nonsense, but I can keep it in mind. I was trying to go for more of the martial side of Oracle, but considering how small the party is, I kind of have to spread out a bit.

I COULD just hand it to a cohort, but I kind of wanted to see about using Jolly's stuff for a Vigilante Warlock cohort.
>>
File: shipping pantheon.png (322KB, 1349x2444px) Image search: [Google]
shipping pantheon.png
322KB, 1349x2444px
>>49710558
Use a shipping pantheon if you hate work. 4 simple gods.
>>
File: TFC Rule 36.jpg (373KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
TFC Rule 36.jpg
373KB, 1680x1050px
>>49710545
Also, it's the weapon of offensive classes.
>>
Any tips on converting 5e monster stats to PF?
>>
>>49710765
Can you provide an example of a 5E statblock?
>>
File: shave-head.jpg (46KB, 644x408px) Image search: [Google]
shave-head.jpg
46KB, 644x408px
I would assume some of you play online right? Post pics you used for your character tokens.
>>
File: frostgiant.png (423KB, 469x562px) Image search: [Google]
frostgiant.png
423KB, 469x562px
>>49710818
Mid game type monster.
>>
>>49710697
Should double them up to 8 really, 2 for each corner alignment, otherwise your shippers won't want to play alignments where they don't get to ship (aligned with a god) or can't ship the right genders (ie gay gay and gay). With 2 in each corner, a corner-aligned person would more naturally identify with the 2 gods in that corner to ship, and NG clerics can worship a lesbian pairing.
>>
>>49709805
No idea. I know how I'd do it, but no idea what some DM wanted to.
>>
>>49710765
>>49710876
Eh... Look at the CR, then compare the numbers with http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/rules-for-monsters/monster-creation

PF numbers scale faster, so you'll have to increase AC, attack, skills and stats(most of which is covered in the table under step 6). Oh, and if you want to do the conversion properly, you'll also have to give it a bunch of feats. You could PROBABLY turn it into some sort of a formula if you want to do a bunch of quick-and-dirty conversions to get something that can be used, but if you want to do things properly, you pretty much have to redo the entire thing.
>>
File: 1439434897108.jpg (1MB, 1500x787px) Image search: [Google]
1439434897108.jpg
1MB, 1500x787px
>>49710876
>http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/humanoids/giants/giant-true/giant-frost

I don't see a way for a direct conversion. You would have to redo it from scratch.
>>
>>49711033
>>49711041
That's what I feared but thank you both for the links. Going to look these over and try to come up with a formula to do on the fly.
>>
>>49711111
To be honest, you can probably find almost all 5e monsters either as PF versions or 3.5 versions(which would be more straightforward to convert and don't necessarily warrant a proper conversion at all, just few quick fixes to get CMD and perception and few other details like that).
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (15KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
15KB, 480x360px
>>49710633
>>
>>49710450
>Blunderbuss
>most advanced
>Blunderbuss

Come on, at least say a machinegun or a sniper rifle or an energy weapon or SOMETHING
>>
>>49710299
The problem with the alignment grid is that it has actual mechanical consequences for the game. Evil is a thing. Chaos is a thing. Law is a thing. Good is a thing. The game requires that these be assigned to characters for effects like detect alignment and such.

As much as I like the idea of gods that aren't tied to the alignment grid, i feel like to some extent they have to be tired to it because there are actual mechanical consequences of their placement on the grid.
>>
>>49711341
>The game requires that these be assigned to characters for effects like detect alignment and such.
The game doesn't break down because people can't cast detect evil anymore/axiomatic weapons stop existing.
>>
>>49711360
But it does in fact break certain classes

Without 'evil' how does a paladin smite evil.
>>
>>49711380
Smite Infidel. Now you can smite any creature that doesn't worship your deity/sufficiently offends your deity.

Or just ban paladins.

Or just ban paladins.
>>
>>49711410
thats called an inquisitor
>>
>>49711431
So just call Paladins templars. This isn't hard anon.
>>
>>49711380
Well, I mean, for how generally useful Smite Evil is in most campaigns, it might as well be Smite Foe, with maybe some limitation thrown in based on the deity(or ideal, if you're into that sort of thing) the paladin worships(so a Paladin of nature can't smite fey, animals or plants, Paladin of humanity can't smite humans, etc.)
>>
>>49711449
it actually is. Alignment mechanics are a fairly major part of Pathfinder, like it or not.
>>
>>49711506
They're not. They really are not.
>>
>>49711506
Not really. A couple dozen spells get thrown out(or replaced with alignment-neutral versions, as applicable), a few abilities get adjusted, and that's pretty much all you need to do. Oh, there might be an odd monster you need to tinker with, but it's hardly a major undertaking.
>>
File: Frank that shoots franks.png (1MB, 664x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Frank that shoots franks.png
1MB, 664x1000px
>>49711271
The god of Invention might have an obsolete weapon, to represent the foundation of inventions, or the most advanced, to represent what is to be.
>>
How do I become Necrolord, Master of the Undead Hordes? I want to flood everything with zombies.
>>
I actually did a firearm/gunslinger rework a while back, though it's infinitely closer to the original gunslinger than DepressedHomebrewer's interpretation.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1pPKzKC4CiNeT7Db9J2yyuxHPBrQ4ap8ep-za4hVAeKM/edit?usp=sharing
>>
File: Skele mummy horse.jpg (35KB, 425x389px) Image search: [Google]
Skele mummy horse.jpg
35KB, 425x389px
>>49711817
Zombies are flammable.

Use skeletons.

Also, Arcane or Divine?
>>
Can Skalds learn bardic Masterpieces or do they really only have access to two sagas?
>>
File: Skald.jpg (336KB, 496x673px) Image search: [Google]
Skald.jpg
336KB, 496x673px
>>49712304
Yes

>http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/hybrid-classes/skald#TOC-Raging-Song-Su-

At the end of the second paragraph:

>A skald may learn bard masterpieces.
>>
>>49712509
Ah thanks, I didn't notice that! I was looking at the paragraph on Sagas only.
>>
File: 80s hair metal.jpg (147KB, 471x332px) Image search: [Google]
80s hair metal.jpg
147KB, 471x332px
>>49712580
Almost everyone misses that.

This question comes up every other week.
>>
>>49711505
I like this a lot better, basing it off of the Deity and saying you can't smtie x/y/z is better, but it would be a pretty big rewrite of the pally.

I'm also ok with detect evil working on things that should ping evil, like devils/demons ect.
>>
>>49712509

>tfw I can never play a Skald eager to follow the party and record their incredible deeds

Every time I think I have a chance to play one, I need to make a tank.
>>
File: Divine Champion.jpg (65KB, 400x308px) Image search: [Google]
Divine Champion.jpg
65KB, 400x308px
>>49712664
Look at the Divine Champion prestige class from Player's Guide to Faerun.
>>
>>49712678
>tanks

>in pathfinder

u wot m8
>>
>>49712704
interesting. Good suggestion.

I feel like smite infidel might be a little too broad but only barely. I can work this.

Maybe pile it into an archetype called 'Navarosian Paladin'?
>>
Ok so how about this.

The majority of gods are multifacted, as in there are aspects that could be worshiped by someone good or evil, and a few that are fully good or evil.

A trickster god could be revered as a patron of the clever and smart, but also hold patronage flim-flam snake oil salesman for instance.

I think the main difficulty is avoiding smites that are too broad, so maybe if you follow the god of vengance and a few other things, you may not smite those who seek vengance ect.
>>
>>49713058
forgot to add that paladins should still be down to a code of lawful and good
>>
>>49712869
It adds a bit more complexity, but you can always knobble in a third state (e.g., smite doesn't work at all on regular joes or those who worship your deity, adds the full amount to undead, extreme heretics, and abominations, and half normal to big scary animals, atheists, jerks-but-not-aligned-with-daemonic-powers, etc.)
Or just import Judgement from inquisitors, or stress inquisitors over paladins.
>>
>>49713058
>>49713080
...Just make "paladins" a nonspecifically religious order of knights? Knights first, clerics as part of being knights. Possibly with additional boostan so they can still be the guy swinging a sword and wearing full plate while screaming "DEUS VULT" and running into hails of bullets.

Really, I'd just stick a pantheon thing in where you call on the gods that apply to the situation, pretty much only the crazy clerics and oracles have a patron, and a good chunk of the pantheon is minor saints.
>>
>>49712843
Probably means a beefy high ac striker for low level tussles in a party with bad tactical sense, like most people mean when they say tank
>>
>all this talk of wild west fantasy with revolvers and shit
Alkenstar AP W H E N?
Guns Everywhere rules with advanced firearms in a magical wasteland situated between two magical superpowers, one of which is ruled by a lich and a ghost? Sign me the fuck up. Maybe it'll make Gunslingers actually playable.
>>
>>49713415
I actually really like the Paladin class though
>>
File: 1437890955086.jpg (39KB, 374x347px) Image search: [Google]
1437890955086.jpg
39KB, 374x347px
>>49713554
>Guns Everywhere rules with advanced firearms in a magical wasteland situated between two magical superpowers, one of which is ruled by a lich and a ghost?

>mfw this made me think of my Original The Setting
>mfw I have a Guns Everywhere, Advanced Firearms nation in between two superpowers
>mfw I probably subconsciously copied Alkenstar

Originality really is dead, huh.
>>
>>49713554
I wouldn't mind doing an Alkenstar game but there's so little material on it.

I might just make up my own desert punk setting and pitch it to my group.
>>
>>49713571
>>49713415

How about this.

Crusader is the baseline, grunt class with a "Smite Infidel" and a combination of Paladin/Cavalier class features.

Paladin is a high-ranking official in the religious order and has the full gamut of Paladin skills, representing their elevation beyond merely despising other religions and instead venerating their own and the cosmic struggle of good vs. evil.
>>
>>49713587
>I wouldn't mind doing an Alkenstar game but there's so little material on it.

Alkenstar is a steampunk nation with gigantic cannons built into their mountains that operates on 1880s technology, to the point I recall there's mention of flush toilets.
>>
>>49713593
i'm just really iffy about doing things like that, i want to make a setting that meshes with existing PF stuff, not something that says 'you literally cannot paladin here'
>>
>>49711988
I like the stuff you added!
>>
>>49713578
Don't feel bad, Alkenstar is probably one of the more interesting countries in Golarion, up there with Numeria.

>>49713587
Three things you need to know to run an Alkenstar game:
1. It's a fucking wasteland, a magical wasteland. Think Fallout, but with magic instead of nukes, and more developed civilization in the settled areas around water and the like.
2. Magic don't always work, particularly out in the wastes around big battle sites. In cities, small spells would be OK, but casting Wish at the site of a large Nex/Geb conflict would be bad fucking news.
3. The principal races are Humans (of course) and Dwarves, if I recall correctly - with a smattering of Giants and civilized Orcs in the mountains.

>>49713620
You'd probably be alright for most of the game.
>>
>>49713571
The class doesn't change. It's just instead of being an order for each god, it's a monolithic training force for very fighty priests that emphasises the fighty over the priesty. Make it a last holdout of knightly orders that mostly died out when dudes in full plate WITHOUT divine protection techniques tried a cavalry charge on a gunline. Yes, I know you need pike and shot and mixed forces for that. I'm assuming you're skipping over that a bit and going straight to wild west.
>>
>>49711988
>https://docs.google.com/document/d/1pPKzKC4CiNeT7Db9J2yyuxHPBrQ4ap8ep-za4hVAeKM/edit?usp=sharing
i really like this, mind if i steal some of it for the Navaros rules?
>>
>>49713680
Go for it.

>>49713624
Thanks. I like your idea of exploding dice though, but I'd have to agree with a previous anon who said your idea is too "scary". Sad to say, but perception plays a large role in how things are received. Despite the gunslinger being worse than any schmuck with a longbow, full BAB, and the ability to gain feats, it's still a nightmare for some people because they think all fantasy needs to take place in the dung ages and "OOGA BOOGA TOUCH ATTACKS".
>>
>>49713650
Who should I handle Psionics/Su maneuvers in an Alkenstar game?

Like it doesn't really make sense for an Arcane conflict to fuck with Psionics.
>>
>>49713651
I mean yeah... It kinda works.

I need to think on it more.

Here's some writing i did about bards.

Bards in Navaros often find themselves traveling from saloon to saloon, with the most common forms of performance being guitars, singing, the harmonica, and pianos. Smoothtalkers and jacks of all trade are always in demand in the wilds, and the wide array of travels most Bards go on give them ample opportunity to build up knowledge of landmarks. This also gives bards a wide array of connections, though ever bard has a story about nearly being run out of town after offending the wrong man or woman. Some bards are the storytellers of tribes, but most are drifters.

> Bards in Navaros are proficient in the use of Revolvers and Derringers, in addition to their usual weapon and armor proficiencies.
>>
>>49713733
That depends. Psionics, both DSP and Paizo, are both magic-but-not, in that they interact with things like spell resistance and energy resistance the exact same way - in other words, they're different ways of manipulating the same energy in-setting (kinda like arcane and divine magic).

If you use the 'psionics is different' rule, wherein psionics don't hit SR and spells don't hit PR, then they wouldn't be impeded - but that opens up a huge can of worms that I think is best left closed.

Supernatural abilities are a sticky wicket - they don't target SR and can't be counterspelled or dispelled, but don't function in areas of antimagic. So I guess they'd work perfectly fine unless a particular area was so fucked up the magic was actually dead.
>>
>>49713733
Personally I'd think the basic externalization of power like soulknives and aegii would probably be fine, but full on psion blasting is too close to arcane reality manipulation not to fuck shit up the same way.
>>
>>49713826
Moving on, I thought of a way to handle 'wild magic' areas:

Anytime someone casts a spell or uses a SLA (or the psionic equivalent), roll an additional d20. If the die number is equal to or greater than 20-spell level, you roll on a wild magic table. Take a look at 5e's wild magic sorcerer table or a rod of wonder for ideas for effects. In most cases, the spell would still function.

You could also have magical storms and shit, areas of dead magic (which would fuck with Su abilities), and maybe even bring back the 'living spell' template from 3.5.
>>
>>49713826
>If you use the 'psionics is different' rule, wherein psionics don't hit SR and spells don't hit PR, then they wouldn't be impeded - but that opens up a huge can of worms that I think is best left closed

Personally, I decided that if I do run a game with both Arcane and Psionics(though I would much prefer to just kill of the Arcane classes and ONLY use the Psionic ones)
SR=PR

But Anti-Magic and Anti-Psionic don't impede one other.

Dispel Magic/Dispel Psionics only work on their respective fields.

Spellcraft/Psicraft split

etc.
>>
File: ANTI.png (352KB, 674x674px) Image search: [Google]
ANTI.png
352KB, 674x674px
>>49713898
>Anti-Magic

M A G I C S U C K S
>>
>>49713931
You're a faggot and so is your game.
>>
>>49713931
'TIS NOT MAGIC, BUT PURITY OF WILL

>>49713864
Expanding on this, have it be a d20 in moderately corrupted areas and a d10 in heavily corrupted ones, so casting big spells in badly fucked areas always triggers a wild magic surge.
>>
>>49713947
>>49713931
Would you two just shut up and fuck already
>>
>>49713967
I don't even know who that guy is I just wanted to antimage post.
>>
>>49713931
Fuck off Anti-fun
>>
File: 1474488050947.jpg (40KB, 400x600px) Image search: [Google]
1474488050947.jpg
40KB, 400x600px
>session for today cancelled out of the blue
>hearing that scrambles my train of thought for the day
>can't for the life of me remember what I intended to do before or after the ssesion

So how's everyone else doing? Have fun with your weekend game? Any fun stories?
>>
>>49714039

At least you have a game. I'm >>49709159 and I'm just staring at my homebrew stuff wishing I had an actual group. Sucks not having people IRL to play TTRPGs with.
>>
>>49714068
there's always online.
>>
>>49711111
>>49711152
Yeah, it would be easier to just find a PF monster at the right CR that more or less fits the thematics, then tweak it.
>>
>>49714149

Yup, I've posted in the Gamefinder thread and on roll20. Just playing the waiting game.
>>
>>49714251
as player or gm?
>>
File: 1386057319480.png (677KB, 1280x1092px) Image search: [Google]
1386057319480.png
677KB, 1280x1092px
How often do your games feature tieflings or aasimars?
>>
File: a cup of Disgust.jpg (18KB, 489x457px) Image search: [Google]
a cup of Disgust.jpg
18KB, 489x457px
>>49714261
The way her tail connects bothers me for some reason.
I mean, yeah its technically better than other art where tails are just glued on, but it make her look like she has a short spine and that her buns are horrifically suspended away from her pelvic region.

Nice ass and hips though, plus the thigh gap is unf.

I just wish artists could actually learn how to draw tails on humanoids in a way that makes sense.
>>
>>49714354
Makes sense to me, considering that tails are an extension of the spine
>>
>>49714354
Her tail is perfectly okay. It's just that her spine curves too much.
>>
File: Camp 02.jpg (404KB, 1106x822px) Image search: [Google]
Camp 02.jpg
404KB, 1106x822px
Do you get along with everyone in your group, /pfg/? If not, why?
>>
>>49714364
>>49714354
Yeah, it seems positioned right to me, just pushed down instead of angled out right at the base, I guess to keep the pants from chafing the part right under the base of the tail or something.
>>
>>49714256

Player, sadly. I'm awful at DMing and don't enjoy it, which pretty much guarantees I probably won't find a group for my own homebrewed crap.
>>
>>49714395
Not anymore. One of them had a complete personality shift early this year when he inherited his parents fortune.

>Why aren't you buying a house too anon?
>You don't even want a car; you just, what, expect me to drive everyone everywhere all the time (we haven't asked once)?
>You could at least once listen to my advice (investment advice in the "five digits left untouched for ten years" variety)
>Oh so you're too good to want to come to the steakhouse with me anon (where the side-dish costs a week's food budget)
>>
>>49714509
Ugh, I feel you. One of my players won a cool eight mil in the lotto in June. Left the group because we still expected him to chip in for pizza and snacks. Not to pay any more than usual, mind, but just to keep paying his share. Now that he has money he doesn't want to spend any of it, especially not on "lowbrow hobbies with lowbrow people". None of us have seen him since August.
>>
File: tumblr_nkbgqqKSoq1s3ewmvo1_500.gif (614KB, 500x232px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nkbgqqKSoq1s3ewmvo1_500.gif
614KB, 500x232px
Gentlemen, there is a small chance I may get to be in a Gestalt campaign, because my group's GM decided to be generous.

Tell me, what archetype/option for Vigilante synergizes best with Aegis if I want to be a Power Ranger
>inb4 why not Kamen Rider
Because I wanna relive my childhood, and i never got into Kamen Rider sadly, I wouldn't know where and how to begin if I did
>>
Hey is Kirin style decent to use?

Is there a class that can make use of it without taking levels in Fighter or Monk?

>Kirin Strike (Combat)
>Prerequisite: Int 13, Kirin Style, Improved Unarmed Strike, Knowledge (arcana) 9 ranks, Knowledge (dungeoneering, local, nature, planes, or religion) 3 ranks.

>Benefit: You gain a +2 insight bonus on Knowledge checks made to identify creatures, including the one Kirin Style allows. While using Kirin Style against a creature you have identified using that feat, as a swift action after you have hit a creature with a melee or ranged attack, you can add twice your Intelligence modifier in damage (minimum 2).
>>
>>49714909
Of course I forget to spoiler the pic, because I'm an idiot
>>
>>49714395
To be honest, it's a bit frustrating. I've had to be the face in every game so far. In fact, I had to basically make one of characters an autist in order for another player to be the face for once.

But besides that, I do get along with them well.
>>
>>49714954
>Hey is Kirin style decent to use?

No. The only classes that reliably have high Int to go along with combat ability are Magus and similar, and they're better off using swift actions for other things, like spells or Arcane Strike.
>>
>>49714909
If I recall, the Legendary Vigilante book has an archetype specifically for Sentai.

As for Kamen Rider, to put it simply, many of the Heisei, pre-Decade shows are good. My personal favorite is Kabuto, if you're looking to get into it.
>>
>>49715018
>Same guy
Hmn alright. On the topic of magus, never played one (and i have an up coming game). What're they like?
What do they use Arcane strike for? Isn't it usually just a stepping stone feat?
>>
>>49714954
>>49715018
Maybe a feat heavy pseudoboost for Harbingers?
>>
File: 1474565550017.gif (187KB, 500x450px) Image search: [Google]
1474565550017.gif
187KB, 500x450px
>>49714973
>To be honest, it's a bit frustrating. I've had to be the face in every game so far. In fact, I had to basically make one of characters an autist in order for another player to be the face for once.

Oh gosh, I know how that is. I rarely make characters that don't have strong opinions they aren't unwilling to share if the situation calls for it, yet every time one of my characters "insists" on doing this or that, everyone treats it like that's just what's going to happen.

God dammit people, just because a character has a hot opinion doesn't mean it's worth following or even listening to. You know how many responses to DM questions I've seen that end with "I don't care" or "either/or" or "what does the rest of the party think?" Way too ding dong many. I'm always stuck as the Party Face simply because every time the forces a solid answer, I give one.
>>
>>49715214
>God dammit people, just because a character has a hot opinion doesn't mean it's worth following or even listening to. You know how many responses to DM questions I've seen that end with "I don't care" or "either/or" or "what does the rest of the party think?" Way too ding dong many. I'm always stuck as the Party Face simply because every time the forces a solid answer, I give one.

This happens to my group all the time. It's like nobody has an opinion on anything but me, so when I give an opinion, even a shitty one, everyone just goes along with it.
>>
>>49715214
It's part of the mindset of gaming; you go along with what someone else in the party said simply because not doing so causes arguments or strife, and nobody sane enjoys that.

You don't like arguments, do you anon?
>>
File: e75.png (106KB, 151x366px) Image search: [Google]
e75.png
106KB, 151x366px
>>49705742
>players seize a smuggling operation from the owners
>includes a restaurant front
>decide to run the business
>realize restaurant is a money pit
>losing 300+ gold a week
>slaves and smuggling operation are a mess, no telling if fully operational for a while
>Merchant Guild, Interplanar Bank, Powerful Demon promised a cut of the profits all show up demanding the new owners keep their obligations
>I didn't ask for this
>laughingbanker.jpg

Anyone else have the pleasure/horror of watching their players' plans collapse spectacularly? Pic related is said Demon.
>>
>>49715382
character conflict can be a ton of fun, it's only when the players themselves get butthurt OOC and escalate that shit gets stupid
>>
>>49715382
>You don't like arguments, do you anon?

I do, actually.
>>
>>49715026
A lot of pre Decade still has terrible subs. W-Time did W and set a good standard for all shows thereafter, though no one did Gaim quite to that standard for some reason. Amazon is short and complete if you want to try Showa out. Unfortunately. 1971 Rider won't be fully translated for 20 years.

Though CR is secretly working on an aggressive attack plan to license toku and obliterate its faithful subbing community.
>>
I have a character, /tg/. Please tell me any neat features or spells to look out for.

This is a dwarven cleric, trained and ordained by the church of Bolka. He specialized in aiding people come to terms with fears an anxieties of arranged marriages, or providing counselling after a spouse or family member died.
He starts having these weird visions in his dreams of a red and brown warhorse trampling over him, pummeling him until he dies, and no matter where he runs it always catches him. The other clergy encourage him to ignore it, and pray to Bolka for strength. Instead, he chooses to go on a pilgrimage to the source and try to quell these nightmares. He finds a cult of Geon in the human trade settlement nearby his home stronghold, and they explain that Geon has marked him as his, and he has no choice in the matter. Geon will use him to turn people to their nightmare cult, no matter if he chooses to resist or embrace him. Shaken, confused, but with answers he goes back home. When the clergy find out he sought out a cult of a daemonic harbinger and he regularly communes with him at night, they strip him of his vestments and title.
He finds his cleric abilities change, every blessing he tries to give becomes a curse. The soothing prayers he used to offer now bring similar nightmares to those he tries to comfort, and Geon taunts him with nightmares of the great warhorse running down those he tried to help.

>TL;DR
Mechanically, it's a neutral cleric of Geon with the Evil(Fear) and Madness(Nightmare) domains, who channels positive energy and wields a mace.
In fluff, he's trying to act as a cleric of a god who's rejected him, while working against a god who torments him.

What are some fun options to pick up for this?
>>
>>49715401
>>49715404
Nobody wants to play a game where you have conflict between characters. That causes problems and is stressful on other players or the GM.
>>
File: 1374931724186.jpg (110KB, 748x720px) Image search: [Google]
1374931724186.jpg
110KB, 748x720px
>>49715382
>You don't like arguments, do you anon?

Golly, do I! Inciting debate in-game while carefully nursing the OOC situation is one of my specialties, and if it wasn't for my party's sheer ineptitude at trying to roleplay I think I'd have some fun, fat stories to share with the fine people in this establishment.

One of the greatest roleplays I've ever been in was when my Rogue in a Kingmaker campaign (bandit-scum from New Stetven who grew up on the mean streets) heckled and sneered about the haughty sorceress princess deciding to accept the Greenbelt Contract and travel out there to placate the wilderness. To my character, it simply boggled the mind to find such a beautiful, privileged woman out here in the grime, and he gave her hell for both that and the usual slights the peasantry can throw at a compromised noble.

The player was taken aback by most of this, of course; when's the last time you've ever gave another character crap and seemed to mean it? She got what I was going for in the end, however, and we wound up having a gay old time developing our characters around those conversations.

They also ended up fucking like rabbits on the regular, but that's just because the player was getting really hot and bothered by my ribbing, lewd comments about her shapely figure and occasional moments of sincere kindness and generosity.
>>
>>49715408
Amazon is alright, although Amazons is amazing, in my opinion. I was just saying pre-Neo-Heisei because I'm not a fan of the more recent ones.
>>
>>49715436

... What is your definition of a conflict? We're not saying one character murdered another's daddy when the Protagonist Village was burned for the umpteenth time, we're saying shit like, "one's a proud Andoran patriot, the other's a staunch Chelish monarchist. Together, they fight crime."
>>
Does anyone have a .pdf or image file for the backgrounds used in the PHB?
I've tried ripping them myself from .pdf;s but I don't know how to remove the page number at the bottom.
>>
>>49715214
>TFW when you make an autist and he ends up one of the main talkers of the group
>>
>>49715470
This. I'm playing a Rahadoumi in an upcoming game and I'm sure I'll have some discussions with whatever our divine caster is. If we have one - I volunteered to pick up healing if no one else wants to. I'm playing an occultist.
>>
>>49715470
When two characters argue, it stalls the game instead of advancing the plot like you should be doing. That's conflict.
>>
>>49715436
There needs to be a balance to it. A party without conflict oftentimes can feel a bit boring or forced, but a party with too much conflict ends up with the question of "Why are we even partying together?"
>>
>>49714395
Yes, otherwise I wouldn't play with them. Though me getting along mostly stems from them finding my quips and in-game antics hilarious, which works as a distraction for my overbearing disapproval of their lifestyles.
>>
>>49715475
Correction: I'm an idiot who doesn't know how to use Inkscape proper. I'll share the files for anyone else who wants official looking Homebrew.
>>
File: 1440950646163.png (13KB, 523x497px) Image search: [Google]
1440950646163.png
13KB, 523x497px
>>49715493

Spending five minutes out of 3-4 hours in a debate on fictional politics or morality is not going to stall the game in any way, shape or form.

In fact, such actions will enrich the game as it sharpens the mind to future roleplay and is often a delight in and of itself to perform or even see.
>>
File: smug dead goddess.png (403KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
smug dead goddess.png
403KB, 1280x720px
Don't hide it from me, /pfg/
Tell me how was your game last session?
>>
File: sad megumin.png (755KB, 767x720px) Image search: [Google]
sad megumin.png
755KB, 767x720px
>>49715603
Group split to play 5e. No more PF games, looking for new group to join.
>>
>>49715603
Not very well, really. Of my 5 players, 3 players died, 2 were captured and raped. So no one arrived in time for us to started gaming and I called the session off.
>>
File: 03.jpg (290KB, 1072x544px) Image search: [Google]
03.jpg
290KB, 1072x544px
>>49715603
>inb4:
>>
>>49715625
>3 players died, 2 were captured and raped
>players
Anon...
>>
>>49715628

>tfw you will never have a confident, sexually-mature blonde cat-girl with big fat cat tats as a girlfriend
>>
File: 1475179574562.png (358KB, 875x775px) Image search: [Google]
1475179574562.png
358KB, 875x775px
>>49715625
>raped
>>
>>49715420
O-okay guys, I understand if you need to argue about arguing instead of talking about Pathfinder...
>>
>>49715393
Who is the Pathfinder equivalent of Gordon Ramsay?

He can save that restaurant.

I'm not sure about the other stuff.
>>
File: pf templates.png (2MB, 730x1895px) Image search: [Google]
pf templates.png
2MB, 730x1895px
>>49715508
>>
>>49715603
At role play I introduced the following characters: Gorgozamon, Ayeolee, Wolrot, Snerd, Vuldgross, Zingfross, Snargrod, and Vulkin. My friends Chimmy Chummy and Nefario were floored by the campaign I wrote for them. Both their characters finally met the Moon Babies. They killed trolls and destroyed dragons and they had the times of their lives. Chimmy Chummy asked if we were virgins. I said no cause I can't give birth to a jesus.
>>
>>49715625
That started weird and dark, then it became super dark.

Fuck, anon.
>>
>>49715784
Thanks.
>>
File: AAAALRIIIIIGHT.jpg (38KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
AAAALRIIIIIGHT.jpg
38KB, 1280x720px
>>49715603
>actual game canceled
>side game picked right back up
>after almost a whole year hiatus, finally fucking finished the first book of RotRL
>mfw I killed Nualia through her casting of Sanctuary by just using a Burst of Radiance centered on myself
>still need to do some cleanup before the next book, though
>>
File: 1442494089328.png (17KB, 393x377px) Image search: [Google]
1442494089328.png
17KB, 393x377px
Be honest with me, /pfg/, tell me about another player's character you really get a kick out of.
>>
>>49716050
Oracle of Fitness that is Jorgon von Strangle
and his Psychic Warrior bodyguard Andre the half-giant.
>>
>>49716050
My friend has a recurring character that is effectively a British Imperialist safari stereotype transported into a fantasy setting. Utterly fearless to the point of stupidity, he hunts monsters for sport, often accompanied by a manservant of some 'native' flavor. Enjoys firearms; oft the line 'Ubuntu! Bring me my [X] gun!' is heard.

He recently decided that every incarnation of him is actually the same person being transported across time and space to different settings, like Boxcar Joe.
>>
>>49715819
The fuck?

I have a player saying that the Vigilante (Archtype: Psychometrist) and Occultist class levels stack.
Please tell me not so.
>>
File: 1377024292039.jpg (17KB, 183x226px) Image search: [Google]
1377024292039.jpg
17KB, 183x226px
>>49716121
>My friend has a recurring character that is effectively a British Imperialist safari stereotype transported into a fantasy setting. Utterly fearless to the point of stupidity, he hunts monsters for sport, often accompanied by a manservant of some 'native' flavor. Enjoys firearms; oft the line 'Ubuntu! Bring me my [X] gun!' is heard.

Oh my god I've made something like this before (Cavalier Musketeer) and it was incredible.

Props to him.
>>
So, what is the best way to play a Metaforge?

I'm starting at level 8 due to player death, and wanted to roll either Aegis or Soulknife. Metaforge was the answer. Should I just go 1 Aegis, 1 Soulknife, 6 Metaforge and finish out Metaforge before touching Aegis/Soulknife again?
>>
>>49716127
Does the psychometrist get occultist implements and casting? If so I'd say they stack, but I'd also houserule that you wouldn't get 2 implements at occultist 1, unless you started with it. If that makes sense.
>>
File: rape.jpg (50KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
rape.jpg
50KB, 600x450px
>>49715625
>>
>>49716175
By not touching the metaforge PRC itself.

>Student of the Astral Suit
>Fighter's Blade
>Natural Blade Trait
>And get Trickshot Soul if you're ranged for fuck's sake! Or at least the version in the beta, I dunno if it's changed or if the new one's out yet

You will likely leave aegis behind in levels a bit, and you instead make an item to sustain Form Astral Suit and stack more Cpts atop the usual, but this is how you metaforge without shooting yourself in the foot.
>>
>>49716121
Holy shit I've made that exact character. Well without the guns because I didn't want to introduce firearms if no one else had (didn't know the group).

He'd hunt anything rare or valuable, sapience or illegality be damned. This poacher concept was my idea of how Chaotic Evil could be affable, cooperative with a party of varied alignments, and civilized. He was a Sanctified Slayer Inquisitor - despite the class fluff, Inquisitors are phenominal hunters and knowers of monsters (he was annointed as one by a church he killed a monster for and saved, so I didn't just dump the divinity fluff in a bin or anything).
>>
>>49716266
How is Metaforge shooting yourself in the foot if you gain equal levels of both previous classes?

Also do you have a link to Natural Blade Trait or Trickshot Soul, google-fu is weak.
>>
>>49716353
You don't advance levels in both classes.
You advance /some aspects/ of both classes, while getting some janky metaforge stuff that's meant to make them sync up better.
Unfortunately, all the metaforge things are worse than just getting more bladeskills.
>>
>>49716353
You don't. YOU FUCKING DON'T. You don't gain equal levels at ALL. Holy fuck do you ever not.

Okay so your customization points and effective blade level goes up. DR too but that's pretty inconsequential compared to the rest.

Problem is: You get no manifester level increase to the gifted blade part of you, you don't get new bladeskills or increases to psychic strike or whatever archetype buffs you'd get, and so on.

You're losing out on so much for bad saves and class abilities that are serious downgrades from what you'd get if you stuck to your classes; to the point where they're almost not worth putting down on your sheet.

Metaforge is just a lame duck, and it already wasn't recommended to grab more than the first 3 levels back when it was the ONLY PRC that worked for either.
>>
>>49715436
You kidding? Clashes of ideal, plans against each other (in some cases), even outright PvP is great if the group is good with it.

Mind, you need to actively make sure that everyone is in on it and okay with it, and PvP rakes a huge amount of trust, but it's fucking great.

best session I ever DM'd was basically the whole session of the party debating, almost coming to blows, how to handle a church they were fighting. One character was basically a terrorist with a personal stake and chip on her shoulder, the other was a messianic archetype. It was fucking incredible.
>>
>>49716406
The only advances are Customization Points and DR for aegis - nothing else though you can qualify (not higher level though so astral skin won't gain improved evasion and resist energy won't go from 5 to 10 to 15 for example) for new customizations using the stacked level.

For soulknife it's the worst; ONLY the blade enhancement level gets boosted.

it is SO bad.
>>
>>49716406
>>49716458
>>49716483
That is amazingly bad.

Is there any other prestige class for Aegis or Soul Knife that actually works and helps them with levels?
>>
>>49716573
actually no on the Aegis side.
as of augmented soulknife, if it would increase your manifester level, it can be used to increase the blade instead.

if you want path of war, there's also the Awakened Blade, which is top of the line for soulknives and/or psychic warriors (in fact it does great for multiclassing those two...) that way, and can give you twin stances(a specific one of course) if you go all the way.

Luckily, if nothing else Aegis is one of the best "dips" around, so if you do leave it behind, you can just reconfigure as you level and gain abilities you no longer need to spend customization points on (and you're probably wearing magic armor anyways). It's no solution, just "well at least there's that"
>>
how do i havel the rock in pathfinder?
>>
>>49716681
Armiger.
>>
>>49715619
Good. You didn't need those fuckers anyway. Let them go play their shitty baby game. You're better than that.
>>
>>49716689
He might be but we're not a very good example of a better than that game now are we
>>
>>49716573
Any PrC that advances manifesting can trade that manifesting in for Suit or Blade augmentation. A War Soul 4/Aegis 6/Dark Tempest 10 has full progression on both blade and suit just like a metaforge, and better class features besides.
>>
So hey, /pfg/, is there an easy way to get Improved Unarmed Strike without spending a feat slot on it?

I want to make a Fiendbound Marauder Warder with Improved Grapple and Grabbing Style to multi-grapple people, but IUS is completely superfluous because Fiendbound Marauder means the build will be using spiked gauntlets all the time anyway.
>>
>>49716681

Is all 3pp allowed? Then >>49716686 is right.

Is only DSP allowed? Warder (standard Warder with Tower Shield and Stupendous Strength for a Large club.)
>>
>>49716707
Where does it do this for aegis?
and isn't it one or the other not both?
>>
>>49710876
>CR 8
>HP: 138
>Fighter avg. damage at level 8: maybe 40 a round over 4 rounds
Fuck. This. Shit.
>>
>>49716714
Not easily without spending a feat slot, but you could get Dirty Fighter as a feat instead to meet a bunch of the standard prerequisites for feats (IUS, Combat Expertise, DEX 13, INT 13) while still having it actually able to do something.
>>
>>49716757
So I fighter can take it down easily?
>>
>>49716726
Yeah, it's one or the other. But the Dark Tempest has Blade progression naturally, and you can trade its limited manifesting for Suit progression, since that's the draw of a Metaforge.
>>
>>49716790
ah that works then.

where does the aegis replacement come from? it wasn't stated in ultimate psionics, is there an augmented aegis somewhere?
>>
>>49716757
An entire level 8 party fights a CR 8 monster. A CR 8 monster should also have a 50% chance to BEAT a solo 8th level character of poor optimization.
>>
>>49716790
...UltPsi, page 349, "Aegii, Soulknives, and Prestige Classes"
>>
>>49716775
No.
>>
>>49716832
>>49716801
Responded to myself, whoops.

But yeah, it is in Ultimate Psionics. PrCs that advance manifesting can advance your blade or suit instead (or in addition, if your DM declares is a "high psionics" game)
>>
>>49716813
That's also true of PF if you adjust for the difference in CR(5E CR = 3.PF CR+2) but it never stopped Fighters from massacring anything they got to attack in a couple of rounds.
>>
New Thread!

>>49717135
>>49717135
>>49717135
>>
>>49716767
Ooh, good point. Thanks, that's a feat effect that's not totally irrelevant to the build.
>>
File: image.png (3MB, 848x1200px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
3MB, 848x1200px
Does a large size shield provide a greater AC bonus for my medium sized creature with powerful build?
>>
>>49706011
I personally love the idea of using goblinoids as the iconics. Like, you should do what you think works best, but I'll be disappointed if it's not that.
Thread posts: 359
Thread images: 74

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.