[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/pfg/ - Pathfinder General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 342
Thread images: 54

File: 1425575714301.jpg (51KB, 800x1040px) Image search: [Google]
1425575714301.jpg
51KB, 800x1040px
Pathfinder General /pfg/

>THIS IS IMPORTANT!
If you want build advice make sure to say what 3pp you can use, if any.
>THIS IS IMPORTANT!

Homebrew Deities edition. Post and talk about your homenrewed deities. How are they situated in the cosmology, and what outsiders do they use as herald?
Do they use qt nervous barghest girls

Unified /pfg/ link repository: http://pastebin.com/iYhDNSTq

Psionics Augmented: Psychic Warriors playtest: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1dX4UYdtwTQKhY71Q45IHLtcu193zq1ZO5jHQ5_PnTl8/edit

Bloodforge: Infusions playtest: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1GvwMclLSw15slYI7D5xLdjMzr-Nau92hNha9Sx0LOk4/edit

Forrest Patreon removed and banished from request of Forrest. Stop asking for it morons

Old Thread: >>49685441
>>
>>49695948
This is a good OP. Something for everyone.
>>
Why is it so dead here?
Are people have a hard time finding thread without animu?

Or is everyone left for their games already
>>
>>49696061

It's 9 AM on the West Coast and 12 PM on the East on a weekend, most people are either outside or doing something else.
>>
>>49696061
i usually have my game i GM for today but we're on a brief break.

evne that wouldn't start for another few hours

so now i'm just doing nothing and wishing i could find a game in which i could play and not GM
>>
>>49695948
man, cloud macross has tiny tiny arms.
fail.
>>
File: feelzard.png (2MB, 1271x603px) Image search: [Google]
feelzard.png
2MB, 1271x603px
>>49696097
>tfw Central, trying to skype with friends on East Coast for game
>tfw they're late, so I have nothing better to do than sit here, post, make the thread, and eat grilled bologna sandwiches.
Why are we here? Just to suffer?
>>
>>49696130
They aren't tiny, its just perspective.
>>
>>49696154
neither of those cloud forearms are anywhere near big enough to be a main gun or a carrier for variable cloud fighters.

the modern carebears suck at engineering and design.
>>
File: nekki.jpg (26KB, 300x235px) Image search: [Google]
nekki.jpg
26KB, 300x235px
>>49696196
>neither of those cloud forearms are anywhere near big enough to be a main gun or a carrier for variable cloud fighters.
The cannon is in the head, the carrier in the chest.

The arms are specially designed Void Amplifier Spiritia speakers, which amplify and project Spiritia empowered music across an effective distance equal to 2 Sol Solar systems, causing massive orgasms in all space elves within the vicinity without the need for penetrative speaker torpedos.

This holy night ain't so lonely anymore
>>
>>49696258
Why would Basara need that he can literally destroy an entire fleet's panties on his own

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYHGDEl-zIc.
>>
Hey /pfg/ I am trying to learn TILED. Where is a good place to get tilesets?
>>
>>49696273
spriter's resource dot com
>>
>>49696299
thanks.
>>
>>49696271
So he can moisten the panties of entire solar systems in an instant.
Duh.
>>
>>49696142

>tfw in East Coast and all the coolest games start when I'm either in bed, in the middle of dinner (6-7) or even when I'm doing work (3.)

They're playing us like damn fiddles, anon.
>>
>>49696271
Basara didn't, but don't forget what happens a few decades later... the whole spiritia and fold-tech eventually turned into quite the weapon.
>>
>>49696367
So start your own cool game
>>
>>49696271
Exedore and that bridge bunny? Good job giant old green man.
>>
>>49696390
Watch that video

He literally did.

He literally obliterated an entire Meltran's fleets panties

>>49696401
He's an inspiration to us all.
>>
>>49696395
Not him, but not all of us are competent at GMing.

Also, I don't wanna subject anyone else to my crappy internet connection.
>>
>>49696271
Ozma Lee listened to Fire Bomber and survived pineapple salad.

Messer listened to a hot looking idol and was literally red-misted across his entire cockpit.

Choose your bards carefully. It may save your life.
>>
>>49696425
i find this hard to argue against.
>>
>>49696425
>Roy Fokker
>Minmei
>Pineapple Salad

>VF-117 Pilots
>Fire Bomber
>Returned from brain death after having their souls drained

>Protodevlin
>Fire Bomber
>Evolve into higher beings

It's pretty obvious who you should have on your fighter's radio
>>
Any of you lads have a campaign coming up you're excited for? Tell us about it!
>>
>>49696545
You forgot Frontier:

>Sniper guy
>Ranka or something
>Dies leaving best girl alone
>>
>>49696583
I'm thinking of running an E8 high power DSP allowed 'campaign' that's more like a bunch of oneshots I feel like running all in the same setting, a mashup of 20th century japan and venice.

Emphasis on anime-style fights, faction warfare, and trying out neat builds.

May be recruiting off pfg when it eventually gets off the ground
>>
>>49695948
I use FRCS 3.0. The only gods it lacks are Fairness and Reason, who got killed off during the Dawn Cataclysm.

>>49696061
I'm at work.

>>49695957
I found it on one of the /jp/ monstergirl generals. >>>/jp/15935002

I tried writing up a Centaur that used Piercing Thunder, but it didn't look good since they don't usually use heavy armor.
>>
How do you tell if a character's become an edgelord? How do you write backstories you don't fret about when you submit them?
>>
>>49696680
>How do you tell if a character's become an edgelord?
The moment someone thinks, "Damn that guy's an edgelord" is the moment that character has become an edgelord.

>How do you write backstories you don't fret about when you submit them?
Just don't do a shitty job of it?
>>
File: 1272402731890.jpg (398KB, 800x714px) Image search: [Google]
1272402731890.jpg
398KB, 800x714px
>>49696680
Download a copy of April Augmented and compare it to the Edgelord class.

Does he use at least one katana?
Is he disinterested in everyone and everything around him?
If he uses elements, is Ice his favored one?
Is he an orphan?
If he doesn't use Ice magic, does he use Shadow magic?
Does he wear a trench coat?
Does he wear all black?
Can he string together more than five words in a sentence?
Has he ever smiled?
Can he feel more than pain?
>>
>>49695948
Deities are currently following Necromonger rules. Most use high level-divine casters as heralds, because there's no interplaner bullshit in my setting.

not after last time
>>
>>49696680
Talk to your psychiatrist about antianxiety medication. Then, when that doesn't work, have repeated nervous breakdowns until the game starts and you calm down.
>>
File: GGxrdJohnny01.jpg (47KB, 561x640px) Image search: [Google]
GGxrdJohnny01.jpg
47KB, 561x640px
>>49696737
How'd I do?
>>
>>49696588
Ranka and Sheryl, faggot.
>>
>>49696743
Storytime?
>>
>>49696901
I dropped the series at Accent Core.

He cares about others and he helps the less fortunate while smiling.

He's not consumed by revenge.

He has a crew of young girls.

Johnny should be fine if the other players get the reference.
>>
File: Sasuke_Uchiha_Shippuden.png (243KB, 692x1155px) Image search: [Google]
Sasuke_Uchiha_Shippuden.png
243KB, 692x1155px
>>49696737
You forgot some:
>If he doesn't use Shadow Magic, does he use Blood Magic, Necromancy, Katanamancy, creepy metamorphosis, black lightning, an evil host demon parasite thing, or the SECRET FORBIDDEN BLOODLINE TECHNIQUE OF FORBIDDEN SECRET POWEEEEERRRRRR?
>Does he duel wield swords?
>Does he have a mode where he becomes more powerful when consumed by dark homicidal rage after he gets TRIGGERED!?
>>
File: THE ONE TRUE EDGELORD.jpg (47KB, 592x380px) Image search: [Google]
THE ONE TRUE EDGELORD.jpg
47KB, 592x380px
>>49697056
herd u was talking shit.
>>
>>49697067
He started an Edgelord, but then he had character development and instead just became a cocky bastard.
The Heie at the end of YYH was a completely different person from the guy he was in his debut.
>>
>>49697096
I think that's honestly one of my favorite things about that show, was that every single character went through an arc and a change as the series went on until they all had grown as people.
>>
File: Cyric.jpg (67KB, 400x587px) Image search: [Google]
Cyric.jpg
67KB, 400x587px
>>49697056
If Edgelords worshipped gods, which Golarion dieties would they be?
>>
>>49697224
Simple, they'd worship The euphoria of their own intellect
Either that or one of the Horsemen, Urgathoa, Zyphus (the most likely one on this list), or Ragathiel.
>>
>>49696737
>April Augmented
Where can I find this? I don't want to make a DriveThruRPG account just for this.
>>
>>49697276

No Zon-Kuthon?
>>
>>49697289
Him too. I always keep forgetting about ZonZon for some reason.
>>
>>49697056
part of the homicidal rage includes demanding trigger warnings be added to every single class sylabus in his university.
>>
>>49696929
Sure, thread's slow anyway. It's not a super fantastic story, but it's one of the reasons I keep other planes the fuck out of my planning.

>play Kingmaker game
>all goes well, Nyrissa gets impaled on a wall and hacked to bits
>campaign ends
>DM wants a sequel, everybody is down
>25 yrs after Kingmaker, everybody plays the kids of their previous characters

Oh, important note, the Good King was a sorcerer specializing in summoning. Usually fiendish things or outright devils. Good guy though.

Party is:
>Kobold sorc(son of the spymaster)
>Aasimar oracle(daughter of a duke) and her tiefling magus "sister"(adopted)
>Human Ranger(son of that paladin from the first book, I think)
>Human Inquisitor(the youngest Prince)
>a pixie, despite the nation hating fae, because this particular one helped manufacture guns

We start off on the border of Numeria, thinking we're gonna bash some heads in and get sweet tech out of it.
>cont.
>>
>>49696737
>>49697056

He's a spear-wielding guardsman that went dirty in his pursuit of a criminal mastermind, who eventually forced an encounter using his father as bait. A fight at the docks ensued, he was in a position to kill the kingpin, and was promptly struck by lightning.

When he came to, his dealings with other gangs was exposed, his name was dragged through the mud, and he was retired from the force. He's now adventuring to get some fresh air ("see the sights"), cool some of the heat on his name (the gang leader's still out there) and maybe, just maybe restore his reputation through doing good works for the kingdom at large.

The character's personality is neither brooding nor angsty, but I'm still figuring if I want to go with the loose cannon, the reformed asshole with a dry wit, the pulpy snoop or some combination of the three (or something else, if you've got any good suggestions!)

He's also got Elemental powers, through raw butthurt and a smorgasbord of "power triggers" that happened at the dock fight (was throwing every trope in the book, mostly for humor and to make the true cause of his abilities inconsequential, the last thing I want is a snowflake.
>>
>>49697096
well yeah

But god damn he was maximum edge at the start
>>
File: tumblr_maicxohOMd1rfgmbqo1_1280.jpg (158KB, 890x1000px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_maicxohOMd1rfgmbqo1_1280.jpg
158KB, 890x1000px
>>49697326
So he's Max Payne mixed with Static Shock?
Nice.
>>
File: stitched elf.jpg (623KB, 732x1280px) Image search: [Google]
stitched elf.jpg
623KB, 732x1280px
So the other day I saw mention of a vigilante archetype to represent "hidden monsters" but can't find anything about it in the trove or elsewhere. The example was a frankenstein type with electrical powers, but I'm hoping it works for lycanthropes or pod people too. Can anyone point me toward it if you know what I'm talking about?
>>
File: April Augmented.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
April Augmented.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>49697285
>>
>>49697409
I had a friend working on something like that, I wasn't sure if it was out yet; he did a set of vigilante archetypes based on horror tropes which was pretty interesting.
>>
>>49697440
Thank you very much, anon.
>>
File: mad_bull_and_eddie_super.jpg (14KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
mad_bull_and_eddie_super.jpg
14KB, 300x225px
>>49697395
>>49697326
I was thinking of the guy on the right.
>>
File: CQtO9TVUYAA8RO7.jpg (38KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
CQtO9TVUYAA8RO7.jpg
38KB, 600x450px
>>49697471
>>
>>49697460
Sounds like an interesting idea, will have to be on the lookout for it. Not sure if that's the one that was mentioned, but it sounds close at least. Maybe there was a playtest?
>>
>>49697322
>It turns out we get no respect from anyone at the military outpost we're based in
>get shit exploration jobs, always get jumped in the middle of the night
>find an old dwarven fortress filled with hobgoblins with fireball wands that our highly advanced(for the area) kingdom can't curbstomp for some reason
>Eventually find a dog
>It follows us around, I think someone fed it at some point
>Then the fucking thing tries to send us on a quest
>"We're not getting caught up in extraplanar good vs evil shit"
>Keeps following us, tries to steer us down that path
>Unrelated to the dog, we make some deals with a shady businessman
>Surprise! He's a devil, kills the dog and, I think, the pixie
>Dog was a disguised hound archon or some shit, heaven's mad at us
>I just wanted to shoot laser guns

Eventually we got back to lasers and spaceships and robots and shit, but that little plot derailment of things we explicitly said we don't want a part of irked a lot of us. It especially bugged me because at the time it was introduced, the tiefling player had left, so it wouldn't have even been good inter-party drama with her and the aasimar.
>>
>>49697551
Oh

You got railroaded.
>>
Is the Elven Battle Style feat line worth it for an Empiricist Investigator?

It's a high feat cost, but it lets you come that must closer to being completely Int SAD
>>
File: 023.jpg (38KB, 500x600px) Image search: [Google]
023.jpg
38KB, 500x600px
>>49697551
not everyone can supplex them trains.
>>
>>49697514
Yeah, he ran a playtest for a bit, I think I tried posting it here once because he was nervous about coming here.
>>
Post your highest level characters, /pfg/, preferably ones you leveled up from 1 or so. Don't forget to list your ability scores, feats, or mythic abilities if you have them!

Mine, Gemynn, is a Dwarf Cleric11/Holy Vindicator 10, with 7 mythic tiers. I can't find his character sheet, but I distinctly remember him having something like a 32wis, 20cha, and the 3rd tier Legendary Item. It was a belt named Luck, who granted me the ability to teleport to my demiplane as a swift action, a 60ft fly speed, could never be stolen (returning), and was intelligent. It had other effects, but those are the ones I remember. After the final boss (which was i n s a n e), having been cut off from my deity's powers while in the boss's demiplane, he was granted +5 enhancement bonuses on everything on his person. Literally everything. I had a bushel of +5 apples, which were given out as treats to good boys and grills. He also built an Adamantine Golem with the LIfespark Construct template (at DM's consent). He was also granted a +6 Rainbow Shell Warhammer after making an impressive wisdom check to pray to Torag before a huge battle

Definitely not the most minmaxed character ever made, but powerful enough to knock the shit out of any clown who thinks it's cool to be evil and edgy
>>
>>49697667
i just wish steel hounds were good
>>
I recently came into some money in my game, and I need some suggestions on what to do with it! I've got about 50k gold to spend and currently I have
+1 rifle
+3 cloak of resistance
+2 dex
+2 int/wis
+1 mithril chain shirt, +1 buckler, +1 Deflection ring, +1 NA ring.
I can craft any item, given the right rolls, so I should be able to make any suggestions at half price.
>>
>>49698082
Buy a city council
>>
>>49698082
What is your build?
>>
>>49698117
That seems less useful! We tend to travel a bit. I could try and instill my own, but I'm not very charismatic.

>>49698135
Gunsmoke Mystic 8 with modern firearms available. I've got a tail so I can use 2wf, but right now since I don't have the feats I'm just focusing on my one rifle.
>>
>>49698151
If you're traveling, have your council write you a permit to do basically whatever you want wherever, provided you're within their jurisdiction. You don't need high charisma if you're rich, yo.

Just make sure the city has a huge area of influence
>>
>>49698191
So I should purchase a simulacrum of the entire council, got it!
>>
>>49698208
Hell yes, replace the actual council with your puppets and use them to wage war and conquer all immediate territories. You don't even have to be there to oversee it, you can do it all via letters

Become the BBEG
>>
>>49698233
As tempting as that is I don't think I can stand up against the mythic theurge. As in the 3pp Theurge with mythic levels.
>>
>>49698261
How about, instead, a scroll or ring of Wish? Just 1 use, probably cost you around 40k gp, and you can use that to attempt to banish Mr. Broken to the negative energy plane or some other plane that will kill him
>>
File: the BBEG enters the fray.gif (4MB, 319x186px) Image search: [Google]
the BBEG enters the fray.gif
4MB, 319x186px
>>49698208
>>49698233
Using the downtime rules, standard WBL, and no full casters, what is the minimum amount of gold for a single PC to control a Large Settlement with a Council government?

>http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/gameMasteryGuide/settlements.html
>>
>>49698309
How convenient, a large city costs exactly 50k gp
>>
If a prestige class requires 5 ranks in a skill, does that mean you can take your first level in that class at character level 5 as you put that 5th rank in, or level 6 once you already have it?
>>
>>49698328
Purchase limit just refers to how much a generic magic shop can buy something for. Not the cities net worth.
>>
How is the combat in Pathfinder vs something like 5e? Does it have more options?
>>
>>49698431
In theory, yes. In practice, the only EFFECTIVE options tends to be full-attacking, unless you're a caster or play with PoW.
>>
>>49698413
6th level, once you already have had that skill at 5 ranks for 1 level

Bothersome, imo, but fair
>>
>>49698413
level 6, I think feats pre-reqs are different though and you can grab them the first level of the class.
>>
>>49698431
Yes and No.
Yes, there are more options in the books.
However, many of them (Combat Manuevers spring to mind) are so little used by virtue of being trap options, so they don't count, but the sheer volume of options is so high it is difficult to sift out those.
>>
>>49698455
Time to give this a whirl then, thanks!
>>
>>49698425
Ah, so a large city could actually potentially cost millions

Well, maybe a council member or several will only cost 50k and from there you can go about your subterfuge and eventually funnel power into those few members
>>
As a cleric of Iomedae, can one justify the following?

>Slaying or attempting to slay bandits after the bandits threaten to kill the cleric and her associates, and begin attaching them (diplomacy had already failed)

>slaying or attempting to slay attackers (while blinded) who used the cover of negotiations to grab a rare artifact, then blinded the party and attempted to flee
>>
>>49698431
YES

PF has tactical richness and variety even with just the base system, while 5e makes a half-hearted attempt at 'theater of the mind' while still measuring everything in feet. Even playing with a grid, 5e has less tactical depth, because the writers didn't want powers that require a grid.
>>
>>49698455
if you know what your doing you can make some neat combat maneuver builds that are pretty effective.
I'd also argue that natural attacks are more of thing for players in pathfinder but I'm not overly familiar with 5e.
Vital strike can be made ok for vigilantes, but you kind of need to be a druid for it to function particularly well.
>>
File: image.jpg (59KB, 700x443px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
59KB, 700x443px
How do I make a character who specializes in oversized gauntlets?
Ala Hellboy, Vi (LOL), Strength(Black Rock Shooter).

Ive seen some people say Aegis, Warden, or just reflavor earthbreakers.
>>
>>49698482
Absolutely. Murder the shit out of them.

When diplomacy fails and combat starts, especially after getting a death threat from the bandits, there is no reason not to kill your attackers.

In the second instance, you got backstabbed. You are under no obligation to show any mercy to the people who betrayed your character's trust like that, especially if it is directly against your interest to let them get away.
>>
>>49698501
Combat maneuvers are utter trash unless you focus on them at the expense of everything else, and even then most of the monster manual after a certain point will say "fuck you" to pretty much every trick you have. Dirty trick is possibly the one exception to this rule due to its inherent flexibility in interpretation, but even that is iffy.
>>
>>49698514
You'd probably want Monkey Grip, maybe take a look at Pugilist
>>
>>49698514
Isn't there that one Warder archetype that allows you to turn a gauntleted arm into a superweapon?
>>
>>49698455
>In practice, the only EFFECTIVE options tends to be full-attacking, unless you're a caster or play with PoW.
Or homebrewing? I'm building something myself as an alternate play style martial, I hope to share it later today.
>>
>>49698482
In the first circumstance, even the most rigid Paladin with a DM who has a grudge against Paladins would be justified in killing your attackers.

In the second, killing them is alright if it would be unreasonably dangerous or difficult to detain them such that they don't get away with the artifact.
>>
>>49698514
Aegis gets you powerful build and augmented weapon, allowing your weapons to count as huge size while you remain medium. Throw in some PoW abilities and feats and you can be decent with gauntlets. Will probably end up inferior to using a two-hander though.

Alternatively, >>49698528 is talking about Fiendbound Marauder from PoW:E, which basically makes you into Hellboy/Nero (DMC4) with a demon arm that smashes shit.
>>
>>49698296
Well, because my character is good. Their character is good. I have no intention of starting PvP, especially when I have no justifiable in game reasons to do so.

>>49698309
I guess I'm founding a city.
>>
What are the best ways to make guns not terrible, using only first-party material? I know they're never going to compete with top-tier shit, but I'd like to play one in an upcoming Strange Aeons game. Currently considering Steelhound Investigator.
>>
>>49698691
Savage Technologist
>>
File: AND THIS IS FURTHER BEYOND.png (997KB, 923x635px) Image search: [Google]
AND THIS IS FURTHER BEYOND.png
997KB, 923x635px
>>49698674
You would have to look back several months to find the best way to do it.

>http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/ultimateCampaign/kingdomsAndWar/kingdomBuilding.html

You might need the other PCs to act in roles that give bonuses.
>>
>>49695948
>Homebrew deities edition

We've been usingthe same homebrewed setting since 3.5 so we mostly just use the 3.5/greyhawk deities. Which I honestly prefer, because it seems like most of the pathfinder deities have really stupid fantasy style names with too many random vowels strung together. This is a pet peeve for me.

In the game I'm running now, the PCs are rebuilding a ruined nation that has a history of persecuting the nomadic halfling tribes there, and has set up a reservation for them in the Owlwood. So they treat Owlbears as sacred creatures and worship a pair of complementary nature deities: Arvilli, the Bear, and Kalessel, the Owl.
>>
>>49698691
Trench Fighter allows you to add your Dex to damage as well as attack rolls, so it should be useful.
Crit rate boosters should help you, considering firarms usually have a great critical bonus.
>>
>>49698691
>>49698714
This.

Alternative is to go heavy on magic; 1 level dip in Spellslinger, and then a caster of your choice (most recommended: Eldritch Archer Magus, Heavens Mystery Oracle, Arcanist, Witch maybe?)
>>
>>49698691
Siege Mage and Vital Strike. Then animate a Fiends Mouth Cannon, and deal 16d6 damage every other turn, before factoring in any magical effects.
>>
>>49698670
>>49698528

Fiendbound Marauder lets you turn your spiked gauntlets into giant claws with reach and grab. If you're starting at low level, it's an absolutely insane way to grapple-murder everything. I don't know how the grappling holds up at higher levels, but you've always got manuevers. Could also dive into thrashing dragon to do TWF stuff.

I don't know how many levels of aegis you need to get four arms or larger sizes or tentacles or whatever else, but I have the feeling there's at least a couple things in Aegis worth dipping for.
>>
>>49698691
>What are the best ways to make guns not terrible
Use a crossbow and call it a gun.
>>
>>49698482
>how can one justify literal self defense

I don't think I understand at all
>>
>>49698809
FBM works best if you focus on Stances and Boosts, since your Strikes don't mesh particularly well with the action economy of grappling.
>>
>>49698842
Only way to make crossbows viable is 5 levels of Bolt Ace (which is a gunslinger archetype to begin with) or scouring through obscure source books to find shit like the version of the minotaur double crossbow that's not shit and have your DM accept it.

Crossbows are almost as much a trap as guns.
>>
>>49698842
That still sounds terrible. Use a bow and call it a gun.
>>
>>49698874
That's still shit. Use a spell and call it a gun.
>>
>>49698886
Spells are cannons, not guns.
>>
>>49698886
>spellslingers!
>>
>>49698895
>when you're a garbage archetype but i still wanna play you
;.;
>>
>>49698895
Too bad they suck.
Eldritch Archer Magus with a bow, call it a gun.
>>
>>49698560
In the second ambush, my character was blinded, and only knew that he could hear the assailants running towards him. I attempted to grab one, then stabbed him right quick when the maneuver didn't work out.
>>
>>49698866
How do you focus on stances?
>>
>>49698920
>>49698918
You take it for a dip then you go with a non-shit caster (such as, yes, Eldritch Archer Magus).

The boost to your save DCs it gives is fucking ridiculous, and well worth the dip.
>>
So what are the best first party classes for melee combat?
>>
>>49698952
druid and cleric
>>
File: Owlbear doll.jpg (75KB, 500x701px) Image search: [Google]
Owlbear doll.jpg
75KB, 500x701px
>>49698755
Have you used the Black Seraph Owlbear against them yet?
>>
File: 1467646473408.png (320KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1467646473408.png
320KB, 1500x1000px
>>49698954
That are not full casters?
>>
>>49698955
Oh my gosh that's adorable!
>>
>>49698963
Barbarian.
>>
>>49698963
3/4 casters!
>>
>>49699007
2/3 casters really desu to be quite honest famalamadingdongerino
>>
>>49699019
Yeah, but 1/2 casters are actually 4/9 casters so I don't give a heck!
>>
>>49698955

Please tell me the claws aren't made out of actual wire, that's dangerous!
>>
>>49699241
Look at them closely, they're just tightly-bound tufts of fluff.
>>
>>49698744

>Tyrant queen Amiri with significant underboob and a stud slave shackled to her throne among the spoils

... I'll be in my bunk.
>>
Guys, is there anyway to reduce or ignore force damage? Any spells, abilities, ect?
>>
>>49699291
Nope, that's the point of Force damage, to be unresistable.
>>
>>49699291
The shield spell blocks magic missiles. Other than that, force is sort of meant to be irresistable since there are so few ways to deal significant amounts of it.
>>
>>49699310
And to hit spooky ghosts.
>>
>>49698966
The artist is Nikolai Ostertag.

>http://paizo.com/paizo/blog/v5748dyo5lhj1

His other stuff isn't as cute.

>>49699241
It's okay. The doll belongs to the iconic kineticist.
>>
So I'm having some trouble with my Sorceror 1 spell selection.

I have one more session before I am locked in with my choices (until level 4 when I can swap again)

For spells, I have:

0 - Spark
0 - Acid Spalsh
0 - Light
0 - Detect Magic

1 - Color Spray (GOOD JESUS LORD I LOVE IT)
1- ??????

My first session, I chose Protection from Evil, and did not end up using it.

My second session I chose Silent Image. I used it once to "summon" a ghost. A kuru savage attacked it, so I managed to waste the turn of a single enemy. The rest of the session, we fought ghouls, a ghast (BBEG), and festrogs. Most of the assisting I did in combat was laying traps (bear trap demolished two enemies, caltrops hurt a few, a number of enemies rush through some flames, taking damage). I was underwhelmed by the spell, though it was the first time that I had used it or seen it used, ever.

Should I keep silent image or choose something else? I can get a 1-level wand for free at this point, too, and I am thinking about getting mage armor.

Could I get some spell selection advice? Did I fail to utilize Silent Image properly in session (ran the module 6-06 Hall of the Flesh Eaters)? Should I pick a different spell and get it later on? Note: I am doing PFS (new in town) so my party is not necessarily consistent.
>>
>>49698431
Way, way more lethal on the PC side if full attacks happen. A Fighter, one of the shittiest classes in 3.PF, will kill big motherfuckers stone cold dead in two rounds if they're allowed to full attack, which is not even remotely difficult to do thanks to archery existing.
>>
>>49699397
Silent Image is really strong IF you use it correctly. Making a wall to hide behind works wonders against golems and the like.
>>
>>49699397
Magic Missile.

See >>49699310.
>>
>>49699397
Sleep, Protection from Evil, Mage Armor, Grease, really any long duration buff or save or suck isn't a bad option.
>>
>>49699428

I thought about doing that, but with how the combat played out, the enemy was engaged before I could throw up a wall, or we had a choke point and traps, and I had to be readied to ignite the oil slick.

I think my next session might have a hostage negotiation, and I am thinking about using silent image to make it appear that the place is packed with explosives.
>>
>>49699439
Eww to that picture.
>>
>>49699445
Grease is definitely the best of those to take because PfE and Mage Armor are great to have on wands and Sleep rapidly becomes useless while Grease can be useful for the whole game.
>>
>>49699439

Magic missile, of course, is a great spell, but at this level it doesn't seem that more valuable than infinitely casting acid splash, that will just do a little less damage.
>>
>>49699397
Can't go wrong with Snowball if you need more damage than Acid Splashes

If you aren't going for damage, Infernal Healing or Magic Missile, swapping out Color Spray when you hit level 4 since it will seriously fall out of use by the time you can swap again.
>>
>>49699485

I'm definitely going to swap color spray. I'm not looking to be a blaster, more of an anvil and secondary arm.
>>
>>49699313
Hmm. Isn't there a spell that makes you immune to a specific, named spell? What was it again?
>>
>>49699481
Once Sleep becomes useless you can also swap it out.
>>
>>49699562

But having sleep and color spray means you have to swap out two spells, which means at best that a sorcerer is going to have one spell on their list that is not providing any use for awhile.
>>
File: 1271001037528.jpg (233KB, 950x1430px) Image search: [Google]
1271001037528.jpg
233KB, 950x1430px
I rewrote an NPC Battle Templar (Cleric of the Red Knight) using the final version of what was released from PoW:E, but it no longer matches the artwork I used with the original.
>>
Tried searching for it but couldn't find a scam of Planes of Power.
Anyone would please help me?
>>
File: FFX - Lulu belts.jpg (95KB, 672x700px) Image search: [Google]
FFX - Lulu belts.jpg
95KB, 672x700px
>>49699473
You wouldn't like the other Black Mage pictures I found on DeviantArt.
>>
>>49699750
I actually do like that one better, at least. I'm just not a fan of that face in the other one. Or all the shine and pleather.
>>
>>49699501
Spellbane. It's a 9th level spell though.
>>
File: Typical_D_D_Party.png (16KB, 245x235px) Image search: [Google]
Typical_D_D_Party.png
16KB, 245x235px
>>49699750
>>
>>49699750

Lulu's got some bangin' tits, I'll give her that.
>>
File: Caldwell - Dark Queen.jpg (302KB, 900x893px) Image search: [Google]
Caldwell - Dark Queen.jpg
302KB, 900x893px
>>49699778
When did you start this hobby?
>>
>>49700174
I think I got my first book in 2002? I really started playing in around 2010, though. But my comment had nothing to do with the hobby and only with the actual art style used in the picture.
>>
I have to say

I'm starting to like the Kineticist for gestalts. Dex/Con is basically desired by everybody, and Kineticist needs essentially no combat feats apart from a few of the standard Ranged feats and Weapon Finesse for Kinetic Blade users. It makes a decent passive gestalt for combat stuff if your other side is, say, a utility caster.
>>
>>49700239
Absolutely this. It's also a way to guarantee some form of flight/burrow whatever if that's not something you can get easily on the other side of your build.
>>
File: melody-park-ih-218small.jpg (1MB, 1650x2100px) Image search: [Google]
melody-park-ih-218small.jpg
1MB, 1650x2100px
Do you think dogs would be necromancers just so they can get easy skeleton access?
>>
>>49699397
Grease. It's useful through all levels of the game to some capacity. Usually as monsters get bigger and stronger, their reflex and balance go down the tubes. If you're facing a wizard, grease his component pouch. If you're afraid of getting grappled, grease yourself. It's crazy versatile, you'd be a fool not to take grease.
>>
File: nofunallowed.jpg (97KB, 600x634px) Image search: [Google]
nofunallowed.jpg
97KB, 600x634px
>>49700412
Dogs aren't smart enough to be casters and there's no way they wouldn't be fucking insulted by the insinuation that they would like to fetch bones if they DID become sapient, intelligent equals.
>>
>>49700487
>Dogs aren't smart enough to be casters

t. piece of shit cat

I know it's you you fucking cunt
>>
File: Fe2aSiz.jpg (201KB, 800x1184px) Image search: [Google]
Fe2aSiz.jpg
201KB, 800x1184px
>>49700487
What about jackals?
>>
>>49700487
Dogs can be awakened too you speciesist piece of dog poo.
>>
>>49700412
Dogs can't provide verbal or somatic components.

However, they can provide Thought and Emotion components for psychic magic, if they gain class levels and a greater than 10 Intelligence score. So, theoretically, you can build a Dog Occultist using the Necroccultist archetype.
>>
>>49700478

I am definitely going to take grease, but the question is, do I want to take it now or when I get an additional first level spell? Of course, as I ask this, I remind myself, I will not be getting another first level spell until 3rd level, which is a long fucking time away in PFS. I felt like Silent Image was worthless in the last adventure, but it might be pretty valuable in the next adventure and the one I hoped to join this last week. But, grease would have been really useful in the last adventure too, more useful than silent image proved to be... so... yeah. I'mma get grease.
>>
One of my players wants to use the Catch Off-Guard feat to "improvise" with weapons he isn't proficient with. I know this isn't a valid use of the feat, but how should I make that clear without just telling him no?
>>
>>49700551
Dogs can provide verbal components upon being awakened. And nothing says that having paws means you can't use somatic components, they still have one paw free to cast spells with.
>>
>>49700571
Improvised weapons are supposed to be that which aren't normally considered a weapon.

ie a pool cue, a bottle, a brick, etc. etc.

That, and what he's trying to do is essentially a free Proficient-With-Every-Fucking-Weapon-In-Existence which is the equivalent of either an assload of feats or picking the right classes/races. And enemies being flat-footed (free ignore DEX to enemy AC) only makes it worse.
>>
>>49700571
Technically speaking there's nothing saying he couldn't use an improvised greatsword, it would just be kind of pointless.

>Sometimes objects not crafted to be weapons nonetheless see use in combat. Because such objects are not designed for this use, any creature that uses an improvised weapon in combat is considered to be nonproficient with it and takes a –4 penalty on attack rolls made with that object. To determine the size category and appropriate damage for an improvised weapon, compare its relative size and damage potential to the weapon list to find a reasonable match. An improvised weapon scores a threat on a natural roll of 20 and deals double damage on a critical hit.

tl;dr it would deal 2d6 damage, it would just have a lower crit range. Personally I see nothing wrong with this.
>>
>>49700571

You mean, for example, he wants to improvise with a shuriken when he is not proficient with it? Tell him that he can improvise with it, but because it is a legitimate weapon, he'll take a -4 for using it untrained. To use an improvised exotic weapon (what the fuck would that even be?) it would be a -8 total.
>>
>>49700608

nvm I don't know how improvise works in this system
>>
File: tumblr_odobuyK6ri1qbazeko1_1280.png (400KB, 906x1468px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_odobuyK6ri1qbazeko1_1280.png
400KB, 906x1468px
>>49700524
Jackals are great.
>>
>>49700604
Eh, I think it'd be more "swinging the sword as a club since you weren't trained to use it properly"

Essentially using the stats of a shittier weapon because you're improvising with it rather than using it properly. Making standard slashing attacks with a sword doesn't sound like improvising, I'd make him deal damage as if using a club.
>>
>>49700652
I like this idea. Any given weapon he tries to swing like this will deal damage as a club, quarterstaff, or heavy mace rather than its actual stats
>>
>>49700671
It's a great way to counter anyone who thinks they can get away with using one feat to essentially get proficiency with all weapons and making all enemies flat-footed to boot.
>>
>>49700652
Skilled with it or not, a sharp edge is a sharp edge. It doesn't magically become duller because you don't have quite the right feel for the weapon. I feel the reduced crit range more accurately depicts this, as the weapon is so unwieldy for you that striking a critical spot is harder.

>>49700671
I think that's a pointless nerf. He could just grab proficiency with that weapon and be better off 90% of the time. Having "proficiency" with all the weapons is useless in a system that actively punishes branching out.
>>
What do y'all motherfuckers think about alchemical grenades?

In 3.5, my party never fucking used them. I've been trying to be more tactical and shit (in two sessions, I have killed four enemies with a single bear trap, tripped one opponent with marbles, caltropped two or three enemies, and burnt three enemies with a flaming oil slick).

Last session I bought some acid flasks, alchemist's fire, and holy water. I used the alchemist fire once and missed, and didn't touch the rest of the stuff for the remaining game.
>>
>>49700684
>Skilled with it or not, a sharp edge is a sharp edge.
You could beat them with the flat end of the blade. That sounds more of an improvisational attack, too. Slashing with the sharp end isn't exactly improvised, it's just making non-proficient attacks.

>actively punishes branching out
I mean, could play any martial class.
And improvising weapons is a whole different ballpark. Merely reducing crit ranges/multipliers makes less of a difference between using the weapon normally with proficiency and improvising it, which kinda defeats the point of being proficient in all aspects aside from how well you land critical hits.
>>
>>49700682
That's not how that works at all you nonce. Unarmed doesn't mean "unarmed" in pathfinder. A character with improved unarmed strike is armed. A character with no weapon, and non-proficiency with unarmed strikes is considered unarmed. Furthermore, anything with a natural attack is automatically considered armed.

Basically, this player's idea is objectively worse than just grabbing proficiency with a specific weapon, but is nonetheless entertaining.

>>49700734
>What do y'all motherfuckers think about alchemical grenades?
They cost money and deal shit damage. Alchemist bombs don't cost money, have neat effects, and automatically replenish, which is a good thing. That being said I'm not sure why bombs are in limited supply for them considering component pouches are bottomless.
>>
How would you go about advancing the technological level of a game or at least developing advanced tech as a player? This is specifically in a thunderscape game (base book is in the trove) so we're already pretty far.
>>
>>49700682
Well the flat-footedness from Catch Off-Guard only affects unarmed enemies

>>49700684
He's an Unchained Monk going for a sort of Tavern Brawler deal. I'm letting him Flurry with improvised weapons already, I just don't want him flurrying with a greatsword he picks up from a dead enemy or something.
>>
>>49700734

Acid Flasks and Alchemist's Fire are useful against swarms at low levels, or if you need a splash weapon. If you really

>>49700753
I second this guy. If you want to make a Bomberman-style character, go Alchemist.
>>
>>49700753
>That being said I'm not sure why bombs are in limited supply for them considering component pouches are bottomless.
But anon we can't have the dreaded
ALL DAY
L
L

D
A
Y

Blasting! That's what the kineticist for!
>>
>>49700734
>I used the alchemist fire once and missed
How do you miss with Alchemist's Fire? It's a touch attack that still does splash damage even if you don't hit the opponent directly
>>
>>49700753

Just to be clear, when you say bombs, you mean the alchemist class feature, right?

So, acid flasks, holy water, etc. are shit in your opinion.

I noticed that an oil flask and work exactly like an alchemist fire, too.
>>
>>49700787

I think I rolled a '1'
>>
>>49700767
Just make the damage that of a similar-sized simple weapon, as items that can be used as improv-weapons do.
>>
>>49700767
>I just don't want him flurrying with a greatsword he picks up from a dead enemy or something
That's it? Bruh, monks can already flurry with a sansetsukon, which is 1d10 19-20. 2d6 x2 is a downgrade in comparison. Just let him have his fun.
>>
>>49700828
Yeah, the weird thing is he already has a temple sword, so I'm not sure why he wants to take Catch Off-Guard in the first place
>>
>>49700871
Because he thinks it's cool? One time I made a character strong enough to rip out a stone pillar and hurl it at a dragon Mercenary Tao style instead of a wizard. Guess which one is more optimal?
>>
>>49700885
I know he isn't trying to be optimal, but something about proficiency with everything for flurrying just doesn't sit right with me.
>>
>>49700637

>Those thighs

Bruh.
>>
>>49700908
Well, look at it from an objective standpoint.
1. Whatever weapon he wields with this feat is less optimal than a dirt cheap weapon he's already proficient with, and he wants to do this because he thinks it's cool/fun/interesting

That's really it. He can already flurry with better weapons, so from a numbers standpoint it makes no sense to arbitrarily nerf this. Even if he decked this mythical greatsword out to be the baddest magical motherfucker around, he'd be better off doing it with one of his free weapon proficiencies instead.
>>
>>49700603
Exotic weapon proficiency is a bullshit thing and barely any of them are better than what's just a martial weapon.

ie being proficient with every weapon in existence barely makes a dent more than just being proficient in every martial weapon, which a dozen classes get for free.
If he takes catch off guard, let him use the weapons he wants, but with damage penalties or the inability to use their special qualities.
>>
File: Pompous Privateer (Abyss Wolf).png (12KB, 256x288px) Image search: [Google]
Pompous Privateer (Abyss Wolf).png
12KB, 256x288px
>>49700938
They're covered in fur.

She's lucky that "pants" don't take up a magic item slot.
>>
>>49700908
Could say that the size of the weapon makes it difficult (penalties, maybe?) or impossible to flurry with. Greatswords (for medium creatures) are like 5 feet long, not to mention a little heavy.
>>
>>49701003
No, it's time to stop. Am I on the paizo forums? Motherfucker, it is mathematically inferior to something he is proficient with, and can already flurry with.

IT
IS
FINE

You're the motherfuckers who got the gunslinger nerfed because OOGA BOOGA TOUCH ATTACKS when it was already weaker than any motherfucker with a longbow and the ability to gain feats,
>>
What are some good 1st level wands to get? I am sorcerer.

I have a wand of cure light wounds, I am contemplating a wand of mage armor 'cause I don't want to use a spell slot for that. Silent Image also seems nice due to the fact that the duration is concentration and doesn't improve with caster level.
>>
>>49701027
I take offense to that as one who actually doesn't like how shitty paizo made guns, but I digress

That being said, flurrying with a greatsword (albeit with penalties) still sounds stupid since when using it normally, you can't flurry with it anyway.
>>
>>49701027
Yeah, I already decided to just let him do it, knowing he'll usually just be using tankards or something.
Besides, I kind of like the idea of his character swinging a halberd or something around his head to hit with both ends of it like a quarterstaff now that I picture it..
>>
>>49700994

I was just pointing out them thighs, but whatevs.

Those are even better tho.
>>
>>49701063
Well you could flurry with a greatsword if you use Crusader's Flurry and you worship a deity that favors the greatsword.
>>
>>49701063
>That being said, flurrying with a greatsword (albeit with penalties) still sounds stupid since when using it normally, you can't flurry with it anyway.
I agree, the monk should also be able to flurry with a greatsword, or really ANY weapon he is proficient with.
>>
>>49701061
Protection from Evil is never bad to have.
Lesser Restoration can be obtained as a 1st level spell if it's taken from the Paladin's spell list, but a lot of GMs won't allow that. Ditto with Resist Energy and the Ranger spell list.
>>
File: 1467182277314.jpg (136KB, 736x981px) Image search: [Google]
1467182277314.jpg
136KB, 736x981px
Don't hide it from me, /pfg/.

Tell me about the most disruptive thing you've ever seen done with a cantrip.
>>
>>49701092
Eh, but at the same time you're able to do so through that feat because you have the feat and weapon focus with greatswords.

yadda yadda paizo hates martials etc. etc.
>>
>>49701110
>>
>>49701134
I set a house on fire with Spark while people were fighting inside it, then enlarged the person standing just inside the doorway while the flames slowly caught
>>
>>49701151

>That look of disgust and annoyance on Seoni
>>
So wait, kingmaker stuff:
How exactly are you supposed to raise an army?
>>
>>49701134
Minotaurs were lurking in the desert temple the party was exploring, someone (pretty sure the bard) succeeded the check to know that minotaurs (I guess in-setting) were deathly afraid of scorpions (like elephants and mice, I guess) so the party sorcerer mage-handed a scorpion that happened to be in the way towards a pair of minotaurs chilling up ahead.

Motherfuckers booked it so hard there was a new entrance into the temple via minotaur-shaped hole in the wall.
>>
>>49701155

brutal

I have been wanting to threaten to ignite a place
>>
File: 1466572176755.jpg (368KB, 1351x1004px) Image search: [Google]
1466572176755.jpg
368KB, 1351x1004px
Tell me of your memorable villains /pfg/.
>>
>>49701163
We all have that look when someone in the party hits on the barmaid.
>>
>>49701185
The worst part was that the person I enlarged was my ally. I realized that I made him too big for the door right after I did it. Luckily he was able to finish up the enemies inside in time to squeeze out before the fire got too bad, just in time to burn the unconscious bodies inside
>>
>>49701134
Players who use "always on" cantrips.
>>
>>49701194
A lich who was otherwise not too evil beyond constantly fucking with nearby villages. When the players entered his lair Detect Magic didn't function because EVERYTHING pinged magic. He had been alive for so long, and so utterly bored he constructed a keep made of countless magic items with obtuse or outright pointless uses.

He then proceeded to party wipe everyone with a potted cactus of indestructibility.
>>
>>49701198
I love how Harsk's holding his axe the wrong way around.
>>
>>49701194
The villain of the first adventure I ran was a drug lord. Amoral, looked quite charming but was a complete sociopath who had no qualms about ruining other people's lives to get ahead. Assumed power after assassinating the previous head of the Thieves' Guild or so he thought. Has a thing for dogs and keeps a couple trained attack dogs with him to intimidate people into doing what he wants.

But this was in a 5e game, I haven't ran a PF game in several years.
>>
>>49701263

Eh, it's paizo. Setting the bar high with that one =]
>>
>>49701194

Fucking irky. A god damn goblin who kept fucking running away from every fight. I swear, it was like six encounters before we finally caught the fucker.

We tortured the fucker and kept him alive for awhile in a portable hole.

Maybe... maybe we were the villains...
>>
File: PF - Elysian Titan.jpg (56KB, 637x599px) Image search: [Google]
PF - Elysian Titan.jpg
56KB, 637x599px
>>49701263
Maybe he needs bludgeoning damage.

Has anyone ever seen a Ranger that used a bludgeoning weapon other than a quarterstaff?
>>
>>49701328

I am confused. What other bludgeoning weapons are there?
>>
>>49701347
Earthbreakers are kinda fun.
>>
>>49701366

Oh shit, that is a legit bludgeoning-great-sword equivalent. I have been disappointed that warhammers are d8, cause smashing things to a pulp is a fun way to fight.
>>
File: FFT - Ramza vs Weigraf.jpg (611KB, 800x1199px) Image search: [Google]
FFT - Ramza vs Weigraf.jpg
611KB, 800x1199px
>>49701347
Fists
Rocks
Party members
Thighs, but that might be crushing damage.
>>
>>49701419
Crushing and Bludgeoning damage are the same thing in Pathfinder. Bludgeon away
>>
>>49701194
Aasimar who worshipped Folca pretended to be a priest of Sarenrae while running a trafficking scheme out of an orphanage.
>>
What's good for clerics that don't want to abandon the sword? Just straight cleric all day every day? Or have they made a prestige class worth a damn?
>>
File: 1475107432135.gif (3MB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
1475107432135.gif
3MB, 600x338px
>>49701831
>Paizo
>Making a prestige class worth a damn
>>
>>49701831
Archer Cleric
>>
>>49701831
Holy Vindicator isn't the worst thing ever written, but no prestige class is better than straight cleric.
>>
>>49701831
>abandon the sword

As in a cleric that still wants to melee? Their list is full of buffs so clerics have no issue with beating faces in. Just pick stuff like Bulls Strength, Righteous Might, Divine Favor etc.
>>
>>49701844
Thats not true anon, there's Magaambyan Arcanist and Winter Witch
>>
>>49701892
Any dips worthwhile? We have a rogue loser, a witch, a paladin, and an alchemist already.
>>
>>49701925

Which one are you?
>>
>>49701966
Probably the cleric since that's what they were asking about.
>>
>>49701966
The aforementioned cleric. Those are the rest.
>>
>>49701328

She looks so happy while smiting evil.
>>
>>49701831
Warpriest. Or straight cleric if you've already got levels in it.
>>
>>49701992
One can say she's smitten with it.
>>
>>49701925
Not really. No single level in a class will be worth the loss of Cleric spell progression.

Alchemist comes close because of how front-loaded it is, and mutagen is nothing to sneeze at, but you would have to sacrifice 2 levels to get Infusions, and Int-dependence on the Alchemist makes it inconvenient to multiclass with a Wis-based class.
That said, Vivisectionist makes an alright dip for 1d6 sneak attack instead of the ultimately mediocre 1d6 bombs while still getting all of the good Alchemist class features.
>>
>>49701831
Exalted of some war god?
>>
>>49701831
WHILE YOU WERE STUDYING MAGIC, I STUDIED THE BLADE
>>
>>49702113
And that's why you're sitting in a bar getting drunk because you're worthless.
>>
>>49702137
not if i'm a warpriest :^)
>>
>>49702175
Well I'd love to see your competent warpriest without magic.
>>
>>49702195
TIS NOT MAGIC BUT PURITY OF WILL
>>
>>49702209
Yeah, okay cleric drop-out.
>>
>>49702209
>TIS NOT MAGIC BUT PURITY OF WILL

It's like, 15% concentrated power of will.
>>
>>49702255
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjR7JZbdONs
>>
File: 1475469308940.jpg (90KB, 734x1089px) Image search: [Google]
1475469308940.jpg
90KB, 734x1089px
>>49698514
Aegis with the abberant archetype nets you Hardened Strikes (basically improved unarmed strike, but only when you're wearing your astral suit) you can also get tentacles for some sweet natural attacks and grapple
>>
>>49702303
>how to I play this character that uses weapons
>get a bunch of tentacles lol.
>>
Figured I might as well attempt to get more reccomendations about designing my homebrew class:

Just so you know, it's a d6, 9 level arcanist style caster.

Currently, they have two sets of abilities- Lessons and Sermons. Lessons function like Arcanist Exploits, while Sermons as Bardic Performances.

Currently, Sermons are divided into three types: Core Tenets, Aesops, and Scripture.
Core Tenets are the Inspire Courage, and define the pastor.
Aesop's are akin to Counterspell, or Bardic Masterpieces (And sometimes are just bardic masterpieces), and can be swapped around while preparing spells.
Then there's Scripture, which grants effects on par with Inspire Greatness, Soothing Song, and similar performances (Or at least tries too).
I'm debating whether to continue with this style, or stick to a set order of abilities.
Continuing, I'm debating whether to limit Pastor's Lessons by Domain by default, or make it so that you have a smorgasbord of abilities.

Following, I'm debating whether or it's worth the effort to stick to the Cleric spell list, or split the spell lists into "Spheres" of spells.
>>
>>49702303
>>49702573
This. Standard Aegis is better for weapon usage. Grab powerful build and augment weapon, then pick up whatever the Initiator customization is and punch some fuckers in the teeth.
>>
File: 1336189982311.jpg (346KB, 1241x900px) Image search: [Google]
1336189982311.jpg
346KB, 1241x900px
>>49698514
Be a Tiefling with the trait that lets you use Large weapons.
Take levels in Aegis, take Powerful Build and Initiator's Soul.
This gets you up to Huge weapons and some maneuvers already, and it lets you stack your Aegis level with PoW classes for total initiator levels.

Now take levels in Warder, and take the Fiendbound Marauder archetype.
This gets you a special gauntlet-type weapon that's 1d8 at Medium size, so for you it's 3d6 at Huge size. Plus it comes with a bunch of other sweet bonuses, like the grab ability, reach, and treating it as a spiked gauntlet for feats and maneuvers.

Make sure to take maneuvers in the Broken Blade discipline. It has a bunch of bonuses to grapples, unarmed and discipline weapons (including gauntlets), and stuff like that.

Also check out Iron Turtle, which has maneuvers that give you bonuses to using a shield... and with the Shielded Gauntlet Style feat you can treat a gauntlet as if it were a buckler for ability usage, so you can use your giant fists for the defensive abilities in Iron Turtle.

The end result that is basically you can be a magical girl, except along with your transformation, you can also summon giant ghost fists to punch/grab people with. Basically, pic related.
>>
File: 1446834094710.gif (479KB, 434x444px) Image search: [Google]
1446834094710.gif
479KB, 434x444px
>>49702049
>>
>>49698082
Cyclops helm never fail a crafting check agian
>>
Is there a trait or feat that lets you roll Acrobatics instead of Climb?
>>
File: 1475620457992.png (395KB, 470x619px) Image search: [Google]
1475620457992.png
395KB, 470x619px
>>49702842
>Fails the craft check to make the cyclops helm
>>
File: firefox_2016-10-08_22-43-52.png (599KB, 787x626px) Image search: [Google]
firefox_2016-10-08_22-43-52.png
599KB, 787x626px
Hello, /pfg/ I'm back again to ask some more questions if you would be so kind.

I figured out tile-sizes over 3x3 are a bit wonky on Roll20, so I was going to focus on either 3x3 or 2x2 tiles for the most part, with a few other sizes thrown in for ease of use.

Now my question is, if I were to include bigger tiles, say a 4x4 or bigger, would people be willing to resize them manually, or just build them out of the more dynamic pieces?

While looking for answers to the 3x3 problem, I also noticed a few >>>>reddit posts asking about more stylized/non-realistic tilesets, is that something you guys would be interested in? I'm mostly a low-poly artist so I wouldn't be going too overboard with the details.
>>
Scrolls are something that I have never used before, and reading the rules is a bit confusing to me.

As a sorcerer, I can read scrolls.

What would using a scroll in combat look like? Would I be deciphering the scroll in combat if I have purchased it in town?

With wands, an individual can activate it by using UMD. If the person is an arcane caster and it is a divine wand (Wizard using CLW) it is no problem. If the person is a divine caster and using an arcane wand (Cleric using Mage Armor) it is no problem. Similarly a non-caster has no problems using arcane or divine wands.

Can an arcane caster use divine scrolls?
>>
>>49703287
Scrolls operate exactly like wands, but you only get one use out of the item. So after you use the scroll, the spell vanishes.

Further, just like with a divine wand, an Arcane caster can use a Divine scroll but it requires a UMD check to do so.
>>
>>49703287
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/scrolls

Deciphering the scroll is typically done beforehand, using either read magic or a spellcraft check (DC 20 + spell level). This is a full round action, but once you know what a scroll is you don't need to do it again.

To activate a scroll, the scroll must be the same type as the caster activating it (arcane or divine), the activator must have the spell on their class list, and they must have the requisite ability score. If they meet all that and have a caster level equal to the scroll's or greater, they can cast it no problem. If their caster level is less, they must attempt a caster level check with a Dc of (scroll's CL +1) to cast it. If they fail that, they must make a wisdom check of DC 5 to not have a mishap and waste the scroll.

Use Magic Device bypasses all that bullshit in favor of a skill check which either works or wastes the scroll.
>>
>>49703336

If I get a scroll that has five uses of a spell and I fuck up a UMD, I would waste a single use of that scroll, correct? Or would I waste the whole scroll?
>>
>>49703363
RAW you just lose the spell - the writing on the scroll vanishes but the others remain intact. Depending on the mishap effects, this might not stay true (miscasting something like burning hands and setting yourself on fire might ignite the scroll too, though it gets a save because it's a magic item.)
>>
>>49703401

It would be bestow grace, 'cause that +5 to all my saves is toooo good to miss.
>>
File: tumblr_mmv7g69sFQ1qdrj8ro1_500.jpg (67KB, 500x343px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mmv7g69sFQ1qdrj8ro1_500.jpg
67KB, 500x343px
What is the best way to run a Trap-maker kind of character?
>>
>>49701134
>Drench public speakers and the bard
>Sex Toy shines like a torch
>Sex Toy magehands behind the king's head
>Whisper + political intrigue = diplomacy of mass destruction
>>
>>49703442

I've been really successful with bear traps. At first level, I have killed four enemies with a single bear trap.

It's fucking difficult to effectively set up traps once combat has begun. So, stealth + scouting/divination is necessary.
>>
>>49703442

I heard there is some cheese where there is a class where you can apply traps on arrows(?) and use them in combat. I overheard some guy talking about it yesterday.
>>
>>49703475
the arrow would be destroyed.

the trick with traps - the ONLY way of making them worth using - is to make them self-reloading, usually in some kind of "triggered by attacking" format.
>>
>>49703491

If we're talking about being a PC trapsmith

a single use trap (one that needs to manually be reloaded) can be used to take out a single enemy from a fight. Early on, using drow poison or sheer damage or whatever else is insanely valuable in a fight.

Later in the game, taking out an enemy before combat has even begun (effectively) is even more valuable as they become stronger and more threatening. Everyone else has to use less resources because of it.
>>
File: 1475724380918.jpg (172KB, 700x626px) Image search: [Google]
1475724380918.jpg
172KB, 700x626px
Which class or archetype does solo archer best?
>>
File: firefox_2016-10-08_23-47-55.png (804KB, 723x605px) Image search: [Google]
firefox_2016-10-08_23-47-55.png
804KB, 723x605px
>>49703099
Anyone?
>>
File: candace_by_mshindo9-d71l2xj.jpg (202KB, 1024x1129px) Image search: [Google]
candace_by_mshindo9-d71l2xj.jpg
202KB, 1024x1129px
>>49703551
Zen archer monk?
>>
>>49703539
You do have to abuse the "self-recovering" and automation types though, because otherwise traps are one of the most expensive ways of doing anything. Remember a trap that replicates burning hands costs the full cost of a trap, AND a burning hands enchantment to go with it, for example. If it's a one-shot, you're really shooting yourself in the foot, and if it's command activated, why not just make a (or rather 'the') magic item for way cheaper?
>>
>>49703598

That is a solid point for single use, consumable traps. Some such traps are not as costly as magic. A bear trap is a single use (in a fight) that can tear creatures apart. A creature that survives but is too weak to spring free can be killed in several other fashions using mundane traps or trap-like effects. The room could fill with smoke, vipers, or water.

It sucks when that burning hands trap springs on a rogue-type/someone who has evasion or improved evasion and/or only hits a single party member or monster instead of a group. An absolute waste, for sure.
>>
>>49703657
well under the trap creation system they're actually more expensive than the magic item equivalents most of the time.

single use in a fight is one thing, but if it's "discharged forever", you fell into the trap.
>>
>>49703680

For sure. For sure. Magical traps like that are worthless.
>>
Is the Cloak and Dagger Style feat and it's subsequent chain any good? Are there any good builds that make use of it?
>>
>>49703706
>Only works with light melee weapons
>Requires Vital Strike, Weapon Focus, and Improved Dirty Trick just to start the feat chain.
No, Cloak and Dagger Style and its associated feat chain are never worth using in any build.
>>
>>49703794
>>49703706
It actually looks really good to me.

Yeah it's kinda feat intensive, but Fighters man.

They LIVE for things like this.
>>
>>49703475
The trapper ranger gets the ability to apply specific, shitty as hell, traps to ammo or thrownweapons. Takes a full round action and starts counting down the trap duration the moment youd o.
>>
>>49703867
It's just an even more complicated way to do Dirty Trick combat maneuvers than the normal way, and it requires that you spec into Vital Strike using light weapons, which will at best give you an extra 1d6 when you could just attack more than once anyway.

Free action dirty tricks would be kind of nice if you could start this chain from level 1 or 2, but enemy CMD scales so quickly that by the time you can get C&D Style, maneuvers will already be hard to pull of. By the time you qualify for Subterfuge, it will be all but impossible to land a dirty trick on any enemy for which the effect of the dirty trick would actually matter,.
>>
>>49703962
This is again assuming the 'high level combat is nothing but giant monsters' thing, which is not a definite, and in which case ALL combat maneuvers go to shit.
>>
So, a conversation recently brought up Encyclopedia Arcane's "Chaos Magic" which was a caster with some interesting options for crafting spells on the fly, and harming themselves in the process, without being as sad as a Kineticist.

I'd like to try and bring this up to date for PF play, as it was a 3.0 class, but I'm really not sure how to go about it. It's not super hard to find online, but I'll link it if people need me to.

I was wondering if anyone might have some tips on how to make this thing tick well in a PF game, or be willing to help me bring it up to date.
>>
>>49697551
> didn't choose neutral route and kill all angel and devil

Do you even SMT?
>>
File: image.jpg (86KB, 477x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
86KB, 477x600px
>>49695948
Ok guys I need advice
> Friend decides to play Human Ifrit Scald
> Basically a short-stature firecracker type
> nothing too weird
> exept for the hats
> character collects hats
> wants to have the biggest hat
> hat is always described in detail
> "today she is wearing the fluffy Ushanka"
> "you know that wizard hat we stole? She puts it on"
> "this calls for my detective's cap"
> player keeps a detailed list of hats
Is this a fetish? I can't tell
Pic somewhat related
>>
File: image.jpg (158KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
158KB, 750x750px
>>49704202
Human was not meant to be Human-Looking
>>
File: 4301749.png (16KB, 224x224px) Image search: [Google]
4301749.png
16KB, 224x224px
>>49704202
They have a character quirk, that seems normal to me. At least they're collecting something tangible, I just collect pictures of cute things.
>>
File: image.jpg (190KB, 540x800px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
190KB, 540x800px
>>49704217
WAS meant
Holy Fuck
>>
>>49703962
So question. Even though you are disabling an opponent for a turn, and if the monster attempts to remove the effect, you get a free swing at it.

This is still not good?

So long as you hit the CMD
>Monster loses 1 turn + Plus the attack you were going to do anyway
>or Monster is disabled for probably 2-3 turn.
>>
>>49704218

Anon please, you just need to carry around a mirror for that~
>>
>>49704237
That better be an actual sheep person not just one in a hat or I am gonna be sad.
>>
>>49704202

Dude a cute little energetic woman enthusiastically throwing on adorable hats is the sweetest thing ever, encourage that behavior.
>>
>>49704259
That makes me think of a miqo'te warrior and RTIL.
>>
>>49704240
Well it can be as you describe it if your BAB is less than 6, but that means that you don't qualify for Cloak and Dagger Style in the first place.

The Fighter, being the only class with enough feats to reasonably take this feat chain without gimping itself elsewhere, could just full attack and kill the thing he would otherwise disable for a round outright, and anything you couldn't kill with a decent full attack most likely has CMD too high to reasonably hit it with your Dirty Trick.
>>
>>49704270
Triple Fell Cleave in Pathfinder when?
>>
>>49704287
I've crit for 7200! And that was only with a 235 weapon, just imagine if I had a 275 with 270 gear!
>>
>>49704202
Fuck dude, even IF it's a fetish, it's a person that putting care into his character. And it's not obviously or outwardly lewd.

Encounter that.

You can fucking believe the moment you drop a fancy magically hat it'll make that player's week.
>>
>>49704306
Can you imagine the Fire 4s?
>>
>>49704324
I can not! Warrior is the only combat class I've gotten to 60. I was away for almost 4 full patch numbers.
>>
>>49703551
Psychic Armory.

Just, y'know, /pretend/ it's archery. You can still apply all the archery feats, too.
>>
what opposition schools should i choose for conjuration wizard?
>>
>>49704406
Evocation is easy to get rid of, same with enchantment. Illusion and necromancy and good choice. If you want to lower your power a bit then you can get rid of transmutation or divination.
>>
>>49703099

I tend to build things using various pieces, stretching them out because I stopped caring about making them looks ultra perfect. The most useful thing, therefore, would be a palette of walls, floors, and other parts that can be mixed and matched to build rooms.
>>
>>49703987
no, it's bad even against humanoids.
>>
>>49704452
Only as bad as combat maneuvers in general, which aren't the worst against humanoids.

Outside of the 'why don't you just full attack you scrub' thing.
>>
>>49704415
You don't even lose the ability to do elemental attacks and AoE blasting by locking out Evocation, because many of the best ones are conjuration in the first place.

Fuck you, conjuration, fuck you.
>>
I'm bored and I don't have a game to play and the game i'm gming doesn't start for like two weeks

Could one make Pathfinder work in an old west setting

In said old west setting, what would quests be like?
>>
>>49704941
>Could one make Pathfinder work in an old west setting
Yes. Absolutely. Look at Gunslingers.
Quests would be collecting bounties, or avoiding bounty hunters, robbing trains or stopping heists, running errands for the sheriff, stealing (back) the deed to the general store, clearing the goldmine of angry natives, wiping out (competing) bandits, etc.
>>
>>49704941

Cattle drive and caravan protection
This town ain't big enough for the both of us
bank robbery
slaughter the injun savages
uproot the lawman whose too big for his britches
find out who teen-pregnanted the doctor's daughter
>>
>>49704963
Nah man, take it further

Gold boom town. Lots of normal people

But a Dragon disguised as a humanoid wants that shit, hires lots of thugs, takes over the town

Now you've got to take it back
>>
>>49704406
Go full Sloth.
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/wizard/arcane-schools/paizo---arcane-schools/classic-arcane-schools/sin-magic-specialist
>>
>>49704969
Would you use the Guns Everywhere world rules?

IE: Advanced Firearms are martial weapons, Gunslingers get gun training at level 1 (because they are fucking GUNSLINGERS), and Advanced Firearms and all associated Ammo is 10% of its normal cost.
>>
>>49705014

I don't know all of the implications of that.

Depending on the town, a few people would have guns. Perhaps the general store might have ammunition but all of the firearms are sold out and the shipment is (number) (unit of time) late. That could be a quest too, to secure a new shipment of firearms.

I would say that by the time the parties are level 5, they should be able to have guns.

But once again, as a caveat, I have never played with firearms and I am relatively new to pathfinder

But I also think that most weaponry should be limited, too. Like, crossbows are fucking rare, and bows are common, but you have to be a savage to use one. Melee weapons seem wrong in this era too, with the exception of maybe brass knuckles, some clubs, and I guess some one-handed swords (sabers). Spears, tomahawks, and axes too 'cause natives (and chopping fire wood). There shouldn't be any kind of metal armor, and perhaps studded armor is too odd during this time period too.
>>
>>49705067
I think using a sword just makes you a throwback, but they're not ineffective or unheard of.

Think about it, they were around even in WW1

Metal armor would be available if you could get someone to make it. It just wouldn't be very good.

And I think characters would have to have firearms at level 1. Advanced Firearms or it wouldn't capture the feel of the old west.

Things that are odd just make that person odd.

Realize that if the players have guns, so do the bandits.
>>
File: Shield Mastery 2.png (255KB, 804x1044px) Image search: [Google]
Shield Mastery 2.png
255KB, 804x1044px
Is it just me or is Shield Brace really good for Fighters with Reach weapons?
You can threaten both with and without reach using your shield and your polearm/spear. I can see this being incredible when you pair it with Combat Reflexes and an Elven Branch Spear to maximize Dex effectiveness.
>>
>>49705131
It's okay, it's just like a spiked chain back from 3.5, though more feat intensive. But at least you can phalanx.
>>
>>49705153
>more feat intensive
I wasn't around for 3.5, but didn't the spiked chain cheese require Spring Attack?

A human fighter can have this tactic online at level 1, taking Combat Relfexes, Shield Brace, and Power Attack or Improved Shield Bash as necessary, taking the other at level 2, since the feat doesn't have a prerequisite for Fighters other than having a level in Fighter.
>>
>>49705178
What? Spring attack was just as worthless in 3.5 as it was in PF. Literally all you need with the tripping line and exotic weapon proficiency. Except the tripping line took less feats. You also had stuff like stand still, karmic strike, robillar's gambit and area denial where the enemy provoked if they took a step, five foot or not, provoked if they didn't take a step, everything around you was difficult terrain etc...
>>
>>49698413
According to Character Advancement rules, i.e. "leveling up":
>"When adding new levels of an existing class or adding levels of a new class (see Multiclassing, below), make sure to take the following steps in order. First, select your new class level. You must be able to qualify for this level before any of the following adjustments are made. Second, apply any ability score increases due to gaining a level. Third, integrate all of the level's class abilities and then roll for additional hit points. Finally, add new skills and feats."
>>
>>49705178

It was a reach weapon that could be used in close (5-foot) combat. I think it might have had a 15-foot reach.

The trips would trip, and with an AoO you could trip them again, forever tripping and landing AoO's and damage from other party members.
>>
>>49705205
No, only 10 foot reach. Whips, as far as I recall, were the only super special length weapons. Of course getting super big made it easy to increase your reach.
>>
>>49705195
>>49705205
Ah I see. I think I was basing my information from an old Order of the Stick comic involving a spring attacker with a spiked chain jumping 15 feet away from an attacker so he could take multiple attacks of opportunity each time an enemy approached him. I didn't think about tripping.
>>
>>49705218

Oh, yeah. I was a goliath (powerful build giving me large-sized advantages with no disadvantages), so I think maybe that might have extended my reach, using a large chain might have done that, or I am just not remembering correctly.
>>
>>49705242
>(powerful build giving me large-sized advantages with no disadvantages), so I think maybe that might have extended my reach
It did not. You were misinterpreting how it worked.
>>
How weeb would two gunslinger deeds called "Push your Limit" and "Limit Breaker" be?

They require exponentially more grit points spent to keep going and do exponentially more non-lethal damage. However they give large temporary buffs.

I would rather rename the second one something else, but am too intoxicated to.
>>
>>49705392
Better name, "Push Your Limit" and "Toeing the Line".
>>
>>49701134
I have a Summoner in my game whose Arcane Mark is a mustache. He boops people on the nose with it invisibly so that when Detect Magic is used, the caster is distracted/starts laughing.
>>
>>49705392
Name alone? Not very.
>>
>>49705441
In order to be a man, you've gotta toe the line.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bH1JThlQKe4
>>
>>49705014
Numerous archetypes also basically get gunsmith and all that, you may want to allow them to get gun training - maybe not at level 1 but at least a bit later, because holy FUCK does it suck balls to literally have some of your abilities made obsolete but not replaced.
>>
>>49705507
I'd say that if you have gunsmith from an archetype, you get a rank of gun training.
>>
>>49705507
Honestly a lot of the archetypes that used guns would be irrelevant in the fact of guns being made into a martial weapon. To the point where you would never take them. Except maybe Spellslinger?
>>
File: normal_arming_the_pope.jpg (70KB, 699x473px) Image search: [Google]
normal_arming_the_pope.jpg
70KB, 699x473px
How viable do you think it'd be to have a Sacred Fist warpriest that takes Crusader's Flurry for firearm-flurries along with the Empty Quiver Style feats? The reason I suggest Sacred Fist instead of a Cleric/Priest/Paladin/whatever is simply because it's got flurry and channel energy wrapped into one class, no multiclass necessary.
>>
Fuck. Now I'm kind of wanting to write up a sourcebook for old west adventurers. Updates to classes on what guns they could use, an expanded list of firearms so there's a decent number of choices for people,

There's some really small amount of cool shit Paizo put out for something like this like this monster

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/undead/pale-stranger

Which is pretty cool.

Maybe include a revamped 'Unchained' Gunslinger with a significantly wider selection of deeds.

>>49705572
Empty Quiver Style is pretty bad, because there's 1 feat that does everything it does, and its called Gunslinger.

Yes, the feat has the same name as the class.

That said, it'd be a pretty funny gun-kata style,
>>
New thread

>>49705742
Thread posts: 342
Thread images: 54

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.