[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Warhammer 40k General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 438
Thread images: 33

File: Best General.png (1MB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Best General.png
1MB, 1024x768px
Robutt Girlymen Gets a Rez Edition

>Rules Databases
https://mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!2tgBUTYI

>FAQ’s and Errata (outdated but official)
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s).
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
http://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library
https://mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb
>>
>>49685188
>Plastic Magnus looks like shit
Wait, what?
>>
File: 1460190969114.jpg (94KB, 900x667px) Image search: [Google]
1460190969114.jpg
94KB, 900x667px
First for Dark Eldar need an update
>>
File: good morning chrono.jpg (36KB, 333x333px) Image search: [Google]
good morning chrono.jpg
36KB, 333x333px
What are the best codices and rulebooks in terms of each race's fluff?
>>
>>49685200
they do not need an update
everyone else should get on their level
>>
>>49685254
5th edtion necron codex
the introduction of trollzyn, supreme overlord of thelulzia dynasty
>>
>>49685276
>every army should be fundamentally broken and have fuck all for flavor and options
>>
>>49685276
That would mean no more Decurion style detachments..sad day for some armies.

I'd rather they just get there own. It would probably be Chaos tier though
>>
>>49685296
This

If every army was as good as the Eldar codex (besides the strength D change which is still retarded beyond measure) Then the game would be fucking amazing
>>
>>49685296
better then having grav_take_this_cannons its far better then all alternatives and lololol 2+ rerollable coversaves they are THIS good and similar horseshit
>>
OK, I have a question about D weapons. It says d3 wounds for each hit, but does this mean before or after invulnerable/cover saves? As in, say I do 12 hits with scytheguard, would I do the multiplication on each individual model that got hit, or do multiplication then apply the total to the whole unit? I ask because the wording is unclear, and I should probably also say that I'm only taking them to try and kill an Orikan Immortal deathstar that consistently wrecks my shit. Wouldn't dream of them normally, I know they are bullshit.
>>
>>49685350
After
>>
>>49685350
its 1 allocated wound that reduces a models wound score by d3 instead of 1.
1 save, d3 wounds, can't spread to other models
>>
>>49685206
I don't need to put shit into Ongoing Reserves until I already have board control.

Everything will be coming in from Ambush during Deployment and then I'm getting more guys every turn. Only the badly wounded ones will be pulled back into Reserve one by one. Meanwhile most of the mobile Eldar stuff will be locked in combat and probably dead, and besides that I still greatly outnumber them. My 1850 list starts with 110 models on the board and more in Reserve and it can summon 20-40 more a turn while recovering d6 losses for anything that Returns to Shadows.
>>
>>49685200

No, IG first. Our codex is garbage.
>>
>>49685381
Do you have cheap bodies, av 14 and s8 pieplates?
>>
>>49685322
Realspace Raider Detachment
>Hunt from the Shadows: During the entire first game turn, and during any turn in which the Night Fighting rules are in effect, all Troops units from this Detachment have a 5+ cover save, and all other units from this Detachment have a 6+ cover saves.
>Realspace Raider: If this Detachment is your Primary Detachment, you can re-roll the result when rolling on the Warlord Traits table in Codex: Dark Eldar.
Kabal Raiding Party
>Night Terrors: All non-vehicle models in this detachment have the Fear special rule.
>Hunt from the Shadows: During the entire first game turn, and during any turn in which the Night Fighting rules are in effect, all Troops units from this Detachment have a 5+ cover save, and all other units from this Detachment have a 6+ cover saves.
>>
>>49685374
>it can summon 20-40
Don't forget it can take any wargear options besides more models or transports FOR FREEEEEE
Seriously, that part is fucking bullshit.
>>
File: rps20161007_213326.jpg (214KB, 978x1444px) Image search: [Google]
rps20161007_213326.jpg
214KB, 978x1444px
Tell me about your last game, /40kg/
I took my harlequin/dark eldar/eldar freakshow against necrons and managed to table him after 4 turns in 1500 points (700~ harlies, 400~ De, 400~eldar).
The jetbikes assault moves were ridiculous, being able to shoot without fear of retaliation is busted as heck
>>
>>49685356
Awesome, thanks, I was thinking that the other way was too much BS, even for Eldar (as much as I love them)
>>
Store is doing an Escalation league soon, and Genestealer Cults seem cool. Starting at 500 points, but I don't know if I have any idea wtf I'm doing.

HQ
Primus - 75 pts

Troops
9 Acolyte Hybrids: Goliath Truck, Cult Icon, Leader - 142 pts
10 Neophyte Hybrids - 40 pts
10 Neophyte Hybrids - 40 pts

Fast Attack
Scout Sentinel: Autocannon - 40 pts

Heavy Support
Leman Russ: Exterminator Autocannon, Heavy Bolter Sponsons - 150

Total - 497 pts
>>
What toys would you suggest to model on the Kroot to justify the mechanics that allows them to use Markerlights?
>>
>>49685381
Chaos Space Marines, Ork, Dark Eldar, Tyranids, and Grey Knights all need updated more than IG.
>>
So I have very little XP with psykers but my group is using them more and more. Im using an allied Red Hunter Librarian to counter that with a 12" 4+ Deny bubble. Wouls it be worth bumping him to ML2 on the chance they throw ML1s at me or should I keep him mostly naked?
>>
File: rps20161007_213400.jpg (266KB, 1224x1288px) Image search: [Google]
rps20161007_213400.jpg
266KB, 1224x1288px
>>49685419
Another picture of the game, my raider filled with a cast of players moved up and let the harlequins out to charge his annihilation barge. The d3 s6 ap2 hammer of wrath attacks wrecked it before they got to regular hit it. Luckily it didn't explode and they had stealth+shrouded, giving them 2+ cover against the next turn's shooting
>>
>>49685333
You are aware that there is a middle point between Dark Eldar and Grav Marines, right?
>>
>>49685430

Kroot-looking telescopes / Optics.
>>
>>49685451
The Embrace doesn't have AP2.
>>
File: nwgguqr7pl7n0oc1c0dh.gif (700KB, 636x358px) Image search: [Google]
nwgguqr7pl7n0oc1c0dh.gif
700KB, 636x358px
>>49685430

Scouters.
>>
>>49685459
Scions?
>>
>>49685459
Grey Knights?
>>
>>49685419

Those are some nice fucking bikes
>>
>>49685479
>>49685498
Space Wolves would make for a good target point. They've got a ton of options and a decently powerful codex.

Their detachment/formation scheme is essentially what Traitor's Hate should have given Chaos Space Marines.
>>
>>49685476

>Shaper, what does the scouter say about their cover save?
>>
>>49685419
Me against my friend. 1000 pts. I wanted to test tervigon, he his snotzogga.

Turn one: My tervigon births his first and only horde of 7 gaunts. His bikmek aims at the tervigon, pulls the trigger and experiences a short but rapid journey through the warp, followed by the phenomenon of being eaten alive.

We didn't finish the game because it was getting late, but we had fun.
>>
>>49685539
So all armies should have wulfen/Wolf riders of their own?
>>
File: SisterPrayer.jpg (54KB, 576x768px) Image search: [Google]
SisterPrayer.jpg
54KB, 576x768px
>>49685200
>>49685276
>>49685381
>>49685405
>>49685433
Thats ok we will wait another decade or so.

We can only hope for the sweet embrace of being squated, at least the pain would end
>>
>>49685459
all equipment is free conclave?
lol-my-dudes-come-back-again-and-again-and-again-conclave?
Always-shoot-into-rear-armorkeel?
Iron-free-fnp-for-all-hands?
Crisis-suits-as-troops-enclave?
flyrants-that-survive-59-multimeltas?
I-come-from-everywhere-stealercult?

truly flavorful and full of equally good options.
When was the last time you heard chaptertactics ultramarines? or ravenguard?
its all muh scout move, or FnP for free is for mee

I rather have DE tier then these "options"
>>
File: Turdennia.jpg (108KB, 612x792px) Image search: [Google]
Turdennia.jpg
108KB, 612x792px
What's a good way to play a Space Marine captain?

For lower point games.

What gear? Command squad? Inside a veteran squad? Jump pack?

Was going for relic blade and storm shield, but no jumpack seems like he is a sitting duck
>>
>>49685407

>forced to take subpar units for a 5+ cover save on a turn
>>
>>49685557
>We
There's like five sister players left in the Western hemisphere. Odds are against you being one of them.
>>
>>49685561
How low of points?
What Chapter?
>>
>>49685561
>captain
Don't

He's outdune but all other HQ choices.
>>
>>49685561
good way? captain?
take a libby
>>
>>49685254

Everything Imperial Armour and Chapter Approved
>>
>>49685475
oh shit my bad, good thing it got wrecked and the ap2 mistake wouldn't have changed anything. I'll probably swap to kisses if that doesn't have AP2
>>49685533
Thanks pal, I've been posting them in /wip/ as I've been painting them
>>49685547
sounds fun, anon
>>
>>49685418
That's the reason I went with summon-spam.

Getting free guys is good, but on its own it's not THAT good if they aren't particularly powerful.

Getting free guys which can Cult Ambush instead of Deep Strike is REALLY good if you roll a 6, but not reliable.

Getting free guys with max wargear upgrades, which you choose AT THE TIME YOU SUMMON THEM, is absolutely fucking insane, because it means I can basically list tailor to my opponents stuff in-game. He's running knights/heavy tanks? Summon armourbane saw guys. Monstrous Creatures? Rock cutters. Hordes? Flamer spam. Flyers? Flak missiles. Choppy stuff? Purestrains. I'm running out of ablative wounds for my auto-look-out-sir ICs, or I need to clog up the board with a squad that comes in conga-lined at max 2" coherency? 20 neophytes. And so on and so forth.

Eldar don't stand a chance. Eldar allied with Imperial and Tau shit for maximum tournament cheese will still be better, but regular Craftworld Eldar Only lists will get fucking bodied. GSC is going to make a new rock-paper-scissors meta that improves the standings of Tau and SM who can actually deal with Cults.
>>
>>49685587

From dirt low skirmish games to 1500.

I was thinking sword and shield since it adds versatility for "counts as" relic blade, power sword, burning blade and Shield Eternal

>>49685588

Spent a fuckload on custom bits.

If only just for fluff reasons.

Imagine I have a full company. I want to know how to equip that company's captain.
>>
>>49685615
Spend the points to make him a commander.
>>
>>49685589

With Shield Eternal?

Axe or staff?

I need to know because I'm customizing my whole army with the appropriate plastic bits

Pistols are mostly useless for marines arent they?
>>
>>49685419
Got a pug at my flgs, agreed 2k, testing out flameblade, lots of flamers no melta just to test out +1 Str across multiple units.
Really nice guy turns up, chat for 20 min, tells me about custom nids tendrils and they're back story, jokingly say fingers crossed it won't be a repeat of the moons of ymngal.
Dude laughed, actually got the reference.
Bulk genestealers and gribbly with a tervigon.
Tabled him turn 2. Felt fucking awful for doing it. Entire sections of the board disappeared under my flame templates. Lost a single bike to terrain tests that was it. Felt so bad turn 2 started doing shit like getting my thunderfire cannons techmarine to start taking pot shots at Lone flyrant. Landed 2 plasma and simple kraken grenade. Died to grounding check.
Not played since, still chat to dude. No hard feelings and honestly says he had fun and is now working my salamanders into his tendrils story. Talks about how billions of.imperial citizens were saved as a result of these Lone green warriors.
Last time I went up there I saw him monster a necrons player with the same list.
>>
>>49685627

Whats the difference?

You mean Chapter Master?
>>
>>49685564
Don't worry, there will be plenty of people around to tell you that whatever phoned in shit you get is actually great and that you should be grateful.
>>49685558
>I'm a retard that can't read
Cool. Feel free to fuck off at any point. There are ton of codexes between Dark Eldar and the top trio. Christ, even if there wasn't, it's better for every codex to at least have good options and shitty options than to just have only shitty options.
>>
My fellow Admech Players I have a question
Which do you find more useful on your breachers?
Torsion Cannon or Heavy Arc Rifle?
>>
>>49685419
My very silly Movie Marines-inspired Unbound Lamenters army went up against my buddy's Orks in a map campaign game. It was the last week of the campaign, he was invading my home base, and if he won my ally and I were gonna lose some prize money we otherwise had on lockdown. I had been playing this dumb list for a month and a half. Six kitted out BA captains (my "tactical squad") with varying levels of vehicle support. I had yet to win a game.

It was a blood bath. His battlewagon full of PK nobs and my Knight Crusader were fused into a big pile of faintly green slag in the northeast corner. Two of my captains were just little black char marks thanks to the deff dread's KMB (immobilized turn 1 and still made its points back, what a champ). My furioso was still shaking bits of biker off its claws when the warboss gutted it, and he was still shaking bits of furioso off his claw when my boy with the combi-plasma gutted him. There were wrecked trukks and bits of Baal predator all over the damn place. I think by the end it was just a jacked up dreadnought on each side, plus my plasma boy. But by the Emperor, we won. Pulled it out by something like three points, and in so doing booted the Orks out of that whole sector and secured it for the end of the campaign.

For those we cherish, we'll kick your ass.
>>
>>49685640
And this is why we thank our third wave Tyranid design overlords for 5++ on purestrains.
>>
>>49685668
heavy arc rifle is gonna do you better most of the time, unless you're playing against nidzilla or something
>>
>>49685666
then please name your mysterious full of options middle ground codex as an example. Because I fail to see any were the options are not as varied as the 2 pages cryptek wargear in their 5th ed dex. out of them only 2 were taken. its always like that. might aswell not have them in the first place
>>
>>49685615
Depends on the rest of your army I suppose.

In my Battle Company my Chap n Cap roll together with Jump Packs. They both get combi-flamers and the captain gets a power something maybe.
>>
>>49685605
It baffles me that people are still pretending that GSC aren't absurdly cancerous.
>>
>>49685682
Wound saturation was silly. Managed to drop pod in a full squad of sternguard with full combi flamers next to a max size squad. Once we worked out how many dice I was rolling and re rolling ontop we agreed to just take the models off, 5++ really wasn't saving anything.
>>
So how would the DS8 Tactical Support Turret work in Killteam?
>>
>>49685711
>still
Has there even been a recorded game with them yet?
>>
So how bad are the Dark Eldar? Me and my GF were thinking of starting a DE army because the models are cool, are we going to be laughed out of our FLGS for playing DEldar? And what do the "optimal" DE lists look like?
>>
>>49685721*wasn't going to save anything
>>
>>49685381
Forge World gives you the tools to fight anything that isn't absurd cheese.
>>
>>49685709
>if some options are better than others, it's better to not have options at all
No, seriously, please leave the hobby. It would be a much better place without your abject stupidity polluting it.
>>
>>49685741
very bad
but normally you wont get laughed at. only get super-tips that totally do not help*

*half of them are take as much craftworld eldar as possible.
>>
>>49685711
Not quite. Unlike the cancer lists, they have to be played very well for this to actually work. In bad hands, they're a bunch of slightly more expensive guardsmen without orders, and there exist counters to everything they can do, unlike 2+/2++/2+++ re-rollable unkillable invisible deathstars.
>>
>>49685773
This senpai
>>
>>49685776
That sucks, because we both hate Craftwork Eldar and the only armies we're both excited about are Orks, DE, Nids and CSM...
>>
>>49685820
Harlequin support can salvage some of what makes Dark Eldar so terrible.
>>
>>49685836
Or I'll just convince her to play Skitarii instead.
>>
>>49685741
>tfw my meta is casual enough that I saw DE trounce RW at 1000pts
>>
>>49685711
>knocking eldar down a peg is cancer
>not the exact opposite of cancer
>>
>>49685773
oh the de-dex has options

shredders for example as weapons. you might not have heard of them as they are shit, but many kits have plastic bits for them.

you also have a lot of units whose existance might suprise you
wracks, bloodbrides, mandraks, voidraven, hellions.
There is also a lot of wargear in the codex, much of which can be repesented on the models.
all of it has multiple, sometimes even unique abilities between succubi wyches and bloodbrides you can make a whole succubi cult. no need for supplements.

guess why no-one uses that
>>
>>49685836
Harlequins kind of suck as a small allied detachment because none of the small detachments give you as many elite slots as you want and the large one is expensive as hell.
>>
>>49685820
Have you considered Corsairs?

Less rape-dungeon aesthetic (and ranking) and more space pirate elves that gottaagofast.
>>
>>49685820
orks
de
nid
csm

..... i
have
really
terrible
news
>>
>>49685593
If you have the points, the caress is always better than either of the other two options (obviously, as its more expensive)
If you dont, then kiss for high armor/toughess, embrace for large numbers of enemy units
>>
>>49685741
You do have some options but it's mostly in the supplement.
Your bikes are good and combo very well with harley bikes. Pain engines and all their formations are good against most things (goes without saying avoid the grav) DE are one of the only armies where I would say the troops are tax for their transport and not the other way round. Dissy cannons are very very underrated. Grotesques will make most things buckle if they make combat. Remember to find a easy way to keep track of power from pain.
1d4chan is as always a good place for tips and tricks for your army and against others.
>>
>>49685872
Giving *everyone* chemo is a shitty way to deal with a single cancer patient.
>>
>>49685735
Miniwargaming has a video, haven't watched it though.
>>
>>49685872
>guys we made an army that can assrape eldar
yeah okay but now the shit armies are going to have to deal with another absurdly powerful book kicking them down
>>
>>49685915
Watching it now, it's not great.
>>
>>49685859
>DE trounce RW
>at 1000pts

Pure Ravenwing at 1000pts would be lucky to field twenty models to the Dark Eldars near forty.

Sure the RW will bring better ap2 weps but DE drowning the T5 with poison and keeping them jinking with the weight of fire will shut them down.

However if the RW is playing pure cheese with his Dark Shrouds and Black Knights for the 2+ rerollable then the DE should get decimated.
>>
>>49685926
>it's not great.
Its MWG
>>
>>49685886
Eh, that's actually a good idea, would we be allowed to use DE models as Corsairs?

>>49685898
Yeah, I know.
I know.
Feels bad, man.

>>49685903
That actually sounds decent. Any uses for wracks/scourges/incubi?
>>
>>49685859
>RW
>casual

Your meta isn't casual, either the RW player is just bad or the DE player is good. Also

>1000 points

Of course the xenos player will win. His squads don't cost 300 points each.
>>
>>49685968
If it's friendly LGS i doubt they'd mind, maybe tone down a little on blades and slave-chains though.
>>
>>49685926
>>49685940

MWG its pretty mediocre-tier.

Still dont understand how those guys make money out of the mediocre and dull looking shit they dish out.

Some amateur channels have much much better quality and production value
>>
>>49685924
Just because it can assrape Eldar doesn't mean it assrapes everyone else. Power isn't a static number, it's based on advantageous factors. GSC counter the factors that make specifically Eldar good, they don't counter everything to the same degree.

>>49685711
It baffles me that people are pretending that an army which has no grav, no gargantuans or superheavies at all, no re-rollable saves, only a 5+ invuln at best on a single unit which has no ranged weapons or transports, no way to improve shooting with bullshit like markerlights, no JSJ, no superfriend-tier allies (seriously their only allies are two of the worst codexes in the game), no flyers, no Strength D, no bikes or cavalry or beasts, and which are BS 3 T 3 5+ armor across the board, are actually in any way able to be described as cancerous.

Are they good? Yes, they're exactly as good as they need to be in a game where everyone else has all the bullshit described above, but they're in the exact place all armies should be balanced to. GSC are the pinnacle of good design in 40k right now. They can fuck with anything at any power level but they need finesse and planning to win, and they have multiple exploitable weaknesses and counter-play available to their opponents. The guy who wrote this Codex should be given a fucking award and promoted to lead the design for 8th edition.
>>
>>49685997
>Some amateur channels have much much better quality and production value

I'd love a list if you could name some.
>>
>>49685969
>Your meta isn't casual
but it is though, he even said he made the choice not to bring and Darkshrouds.

The DE player was good though. He had 3 bike units, 2 raiders and 3 venoms of five warriors for all then some of those heavy raiders.

>300 points each.
3 Ravenwing Black Knights are only 120pts... for a 3+ Rerollable Jink on a bike with rapid fire plasma and a +1S Rending weapon
>>
>>49685997
Early mover earn nostalgia points.

Personally I'm a T3 man, they keep the memes and in-jokes to a very low setting and they have great terrain and paintjobs.
>>
I want to get into the game but don't know what sort of starter pack to go with.

I'm interested in the starter army of Imperium and tau. Or should I go smaller and do something like a pathfinder squad?
>>
>>49685968
wracks, ehh might use as crew for raider and venom. That kit has options for that. even a venom pilot with tubes. otherwise they are not useful

scourges are good with the right weapon loadout. here is the problem, you need to get the bitz or convert them, as the kit comes with one weapon of each.
the choices you want are
4blasters
or 4 haywire
or 4 heatlances
as they have mobility and can scare vehicles and with option 1 and 3 tough infantry and montrous creatures as well.
incubi are a somewhat decent melee unit. They can really murder non-melee infantry, especially if you manage to get them to juicier targets like enemy heavy weapon squads. Also they have good armor which helps alot in melee against non-dedicated melee units. Often people make the mistake of using them against good melee units, where they can put out the hurt but are too weak to stay in combat. Another problem is to get them where they should be. Overall they are one of the better units.

what you will want are ravagers, equip them with either 3 dark lances or 3 disintegrators. Don't mix the weapons.
>>
>>49686050
Have you read up on gameplay and lore for the armies?

Try that first.
>>
>>49685968
Plenty,
Scourges work best with a single purpose. Don't mix weapons, if your deep striking them take a unit with a webway portal because it is a nightmare trying to deepstrike those models with how deepstrike rules work. They aren't cheap at what they do but they do have a 4+/6++ which isn't brilliant on t3 but it's better than other stuff.
Incubi are brutal with drazar or a sucubus. They tend to be a big big fire magnet, getting them into combat isn't too bad but be careful of the lack of assault grenades that can and will shift you.
Wrecks are OK, they aren't good they aren't bad, their unique weapons really aren't worth the points. Wrecks tend to be overshadowed but if your running the supplement then your semi stuck with them. Be mindful that the supplement gives ypu a different power from pain.
Again I can not recommend enough that you read the 1d4chan dark eldar tactics page.
>>
>>49686034
>T3

Table-top Tactics?

That and SS82 are my go-to. SS82's idea to go for a premium channel seemed kind of lame, but he's still releasing a decent amount of free stuff.
>>
File: image.jpg (293KB, 1723x914px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
293KB, 1723x914px
Okay, turning savage Orcs into Genestealer Aberrants.

How do I tweak the big stabba to be mining colony relevant?
>>
>>49686064
Yeah, not a big fan of ss88, just something moderately cringey about his stuff.

Still better than most.
>>
>>49686066
Weapons team for a squad of Neophytes.
>>
>>49686066
you dont.
its a stick with a sharpened stone.
If you are in a mining colony and had to make a weapon, what would you come up with?
>>
>>49686066
Big drill bit?
>>
File: 4574575476765.jpg (55KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
4574575476765.jpg
55KB, 600x620px
So.. why are these guys only able to give one order per HQ squad? Nothing feels 'elite' about these other than the points per model.

Not complaining too hard, just wondering what the idea behind this was.
>>
>>49686050
Buy kill team, play with friends, read the wiki and then post your results here
>>
>>49686103
>why are these guys only able to give one order per HQ squad?
because the codex was slapped together without thought

they reference platoons in the warlord traits but the book doesn't actually have any platoons in it
>>
>>49686103

To make 'em troops for allies purposes.
>>
>>49686032
Not that anon, Tabletop Tactics is a bit better, take a look at Visi Cast for quality editing and gameplay.
>>
>>49686103
They aren't superhuman, there's only so much a person can do in a turn.

Better armour, guns and skills is what's suppose dot maker them elite.
>>
>>49686032

Strikingscorpion82 is very good but the batreps take too long and can be boring

WintersSEO is top tier

Guerrilla Miniatures is top tier as well, and has the widest range of game batreps

Geeks49kchannel is not bad either

GrimResolve is very good

FrontlineGaming

TabletopTactics is top notch
>>
>>49686050
if you want to go tau, the kill team is a clever buy.
gets you a squad of basic infantry, which you need in a tau army. Gets you the rulebook for cheap,
and tactical marines are easy to sell.
>>
>>49686088
It's all wargaming, it's all cringy when you really boil it down
>>
>>49686050
Always try to buy the start collecting box for the faction you want, it's a great deal.
>>
>>49685711
I think they were made to counter Eldar and Tau mobility shit, but GW completely forgot that they will absolutely massacre lower tier armies in the process.

I have no idea what IG, Orks, Sisters or Chaos SM have to do against GSC.
>>
>>49686119
>there's only so much a person can do in a turn
they've basically only got junior officers, though

an upgrade to make tempestelordors senior officers with a second order and third wound would be pretty sweet
>>
>>49686121
>frontline gaming
>can't tell if serious.
>>
>>49686103
>Not complaining too hard, just wondering what the idea behind this was.
this is a gw codex. You might overestimate the amount of braintime invested into makin the end product.
>>
>>49686121
We should pasta this along with how to epub, WIP goes in WIP and how to use BS properly.
>>
>>49686034

I dont hate MiniWarGaming but their minis look like shit and the illumination is also bad.
>>
>>49686119
Doesn't IG get 2 orders per turn from their HQ?
>>
>>49686130
Just feel like they're trying to force internet personas.
>>
>>49686031
Show me a faction that can counter GSC.

Other than daemons (a top tier faction that was dominating the meta anyway) I can't think of one.
>>
>>49686152
Only on a 1-1
>>
>>49686140
At least he's not recommending spikey bits, where the owner can't record for shit nor speak, but the guy that did the narrations for the campaign does it just fine
>>
>>49686137
sisters might make it. sit in transports and flamer the attacker.
IG coud drown them in bodies or go alpha strike on them.
orks could drown them in bodies.
CSM could hope for mercy i guess.
>>
>>49686156
Salamanders.
>>
>>49686140

I just looked at my sub list. Yeah they're not very good.

I also forgot to mention WW40kAustralia, which is also a nice batrep channel.

>>49686159

I'm recommending based on batrep quality, I thought Frontline had more stuff.

SipkeyShit is a faggot shill that does nothing but hoard boxes to promote them. I dont even know if he even likes 40k

Same for that faggot Supersaiyan
>>
>>49686139
This is basically my only complaint. Give them the ignore cover order and let their Prime dish out more orders per turn and they become pretty good.

I mean seriously, why give them 2 melee focussed orders?
>>
>>49686159
I avoid anything bols related because it's a) piss poor click bait.
b) everything I consider wrong with 40k summed up into one place so bad even nurgle would go in with a bottle of bleach to clean up.
>>
>>49686164
Sisters get torn to shreds after having to use their overwatch on cheap fodder.

IG the same as sisters but take longer to cut through.

They're both more numerous than Orks (even without the ability to summon more troops for free) AND better in melee than the infamous
>melee race
>>
>>49686137
>IG, Orks, Sisters
Flamers, flamers, and flamers.

>Chaos SM
Doesn't the basic tac squad perform acceptably against genestealers?
>>
So, is the counter vs Cult is spamming Crisis with Flamers and rapid-firing weapons? I haven't played against them yet. Nor I have been following the news. What are their mechanics?
>>
>>49686190
that, and giving them some way to swap deep strike for infiltrate (like they could in 3rd, 4th and 5th) would basically make them perfect

Maybe incorporating Special Mission Tactics as an army special rule (in the lines of mission tactics/chapter tactics/mechanicum imperatives) as well, but that would be a pipe dream
>>
>>49686156
if taus early warning override works on gsc it can give them a real headache.

IG/Renegades and heretics with chimeras with heavy flamers can weather the first attack and bring the hurt.

SM with free droppods/razorbacks might aswell

tyranids with loads of flyrants and spores could

GSC are rather vulnerable to alpha strikes especially when their opponents goes first with an alphastrike army
the bigger problem then can-you-beat-them is are they fun to play against. I fear it quickyl gets boring as hell.
>>
>>49686178
They get torn apart in melee
>b-but muh overwatch!
>muh templates!
Send a cheap unit in first to eat the overwatch then send the serious unit, you can summon more cheap units for free if you start running out half way through.
>>
>>49686121
>Strikingscorpion82
I love that when he is winning he keeps the narrative going, but as soon as it is looking grim he drops that shit. Also, there is no fun in watching Necron Decurion and 9 Wraiths steamrolling his opponents fluff lists.

>Guerrilla Miniatures
Did they ever do Kill Team batreps? Would love to see them

>MWG
Really depends on who is casting it. Steve, Josh and Matt are high tier. Dave seems cool, but the Bater Batreps are kinda annoying. Quirk is just there I suppose. Shame is had to take over AoS after they axed Warmachine.
>>
>>49686147

I could correct and make a better list if someone's up to adding this to the OP pasta.
>>
>>49686156
Tau have mass Interceptor and Ignores Cover and fire Overwatch for their buddies, plus Kroot to absorb charges.

Imperial Guard have cheap fodder to block charges and tanks with Ignores Cover pie plates, Ignores Cover orders, deadly fliers.

KDK will go toe to toe with them and it will be fucking glorious for all involved.

Space Marine deathstars are literally unkillable without Str D.
>>
>>49686237
Sure, i keep a txt for when I do a general.
>>
>>49686216
interceptor spam is how you counter stealer cults

you also need some servo skulls to prevent any turn 1 charges
>>
>>49686216
noone has really played against them. Their vehicles are still pre-order
>>
File: dude.jpg (326KB, 1437x983px) Image search: [Google]
dude.jpg
326KB, 1437x983px
>>49686208
>Doesn't the basic tac squad perform acceptably against genestealers?
>tac squad
>melee
>genestealers
Do you know what a genestealer is?
>>
>>49686183
>Sisters get torn to shreds after having to use their overwatch on cheap fodder.
A unit of sisters with two flamers is 70 points. What the fuck are you throwing at them that's "cheap"?
>>
>>49686216
>What are their mechanics?
Oh boy are you in for a treat.
>>
>>49686233
put squad in rhino.
>>
>>49686246

Should I add brief descriptions or just name them by high tier / low tier order
>>
>>49686265
5 acolytes for 40 pts or summoned for free.
>>
>>49686276
So destroy the rhino?
>>
>>49686152
Yes, senior officers normally get two orders. They can get three through warlord traits or the decurion, as well
>>
>>49686259
if the genetealers have to charge into cover and the csm squad has BP+CCW and mebbe even T5 with nurgle mark I can see them coming out good.
>>
GSC are okay if not skewed hard against some armies. It is all in the retarded formations that pushes them over the edge again. GW really needs to prune the formation bullshit next ed.
>>
>>49686286
Small annotation might be nice, maybe a Variety/Quality/Cringe ranking.
>>
>>49686289
Awesome, you wasted 40 points against my 70 just to get a real unit into assault, 1/3 of the time.

>>49686302
What exactly are you destroying it with?
>>
>>49686312
Under certain conditions they can get assault grenades now and it's not like you're fishing for 6s to wound anyway with your 40 attacks on the charge.
>>
>>49686164
Orks don't stand a fucking chance in hell, but this doesn't mean GCults are cancerous. Orks are a horrendously broken Codex and nothing should be balanced with them in mind, they need to be raised up to everyone elses level not the other way around.
>>
>>49686302
6 rhinos? you cannot destroy so many in the little time you have without mitigating too much from your anti-infantry power.
those that survive the gsc inital ambush will bolter/flamer the surviors to a nice crisp.
>>
>>49686276
If an acolyte or stealer squad surrounds a rhino, you are losing the tank and the squad inside it. Remember that emergency disembarkation requires your unit start in base contact with the vehicle.
>>
>>49686331
Infiltrating mining laser squads/tank hunter squads.
>>
>>49686349
I can summon more, for free and free upgrades.

It's not enough to weather the storm, you have to move up the table and stop my summoning while being assaulted on all sides.
>>
>>49686357
>Infiltrating mining laser squads/tank hunter squads.
These are suicide units anyway. If you want to trade your heavy weapons for 40-60 point transports you can. Point for point mechanized sisters with flamers can take on anything Genestealers can put out. Now, mech sisters with flamers actually fucking suck because the primary strength of sisters is sixty multimeltas and everything other codex laughs at flamers - but the codex is very well suited to fight Genestealers if they know what they're up against.
>>
File: PraetorianHeadsUpgrade.jpg (18KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
PraetorianHeadsUpgrade.jpg
18KB, 600x620px
I preordered the strike force ultima box and I want to turn them into black templars, do you guys think the ultra head upgrade kit from FW would fit? I really really like the design
>>
>>49686156
How do you think Daemons can counter GSC? I'm just not seeing how a Daemon army would deal with all the new tricks GSC can pull.
>>
>>49686376
Not to mention the points the GSC player will ramp up, freely controlling the objectives.
>>
>>49686413
I can summon more for free, with free mining lasers.

I can trade as many heavy weapons as I want but you only have so many rhinos.
>>
>>49686376
with droppods and similar stuff it could be possible.
As I already said, the issue is not somuch can they be beaten, but how fun is it to play against that. Its a funny idea for a narrative campaign, maybe. For some special missions or as ally guerillas for your main force, but as main force? Urghs
>>
File: Photo0171 (1).jpg (58KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Photo0171 (1).jpg
58KB, 640x480px
Where can I get these helmets?
>>
>>49686422
highy possible. almost all marine stuff fits on almost all marines.
>>
>>49686429
I'm guessing out-summoning and throwing a handfulls of dice at any attempts at psykering on the GSC side.
>>
>>49686333
Even in that scenario, you've got Marines with 2 attacks each for a total of twenty, hitting on 4's, Wounding on 4's, Genestealers getting 5+ saves. You kill 3.

7 genestealers hit back with 28 attacks, hitting on 3's, hope they aren't in the Primus bubble for Hatred, hope they aren't in the Iconward bubble or joined by a Patriarch for Furious Charge or buffed with Might From Beyond for Rage and +1 S, let's say none of those incredibly regular occurrences have happened, they get ~18 hits, 3 Rends and 3 regular Wounds, 1 failed saved, ~4 dead marines. CSM lose combat. If they don't break and get swept, next round Stealers are hitting first.

More likely scenario, you're dealing with 8 stealers with scything talons that got summoned for free and are in buff range of all the aforementioned stuff, getting 40-48 attacks on the charge with re-rolled hits and Wounding on 4 or even 3 vs T5 Nurgle-marked guys, and if through lucky rolls you somehow beat them, GSC lost nothing because that unit wasn't even in their starting 1500/1850/whatever points.
>>
>>49686440
csm terminator shoulder pads?
>>
>>49686440
You can't.

They aren't helmets
>>
>>49686096

Yeah I'm kinda thinking...

Remove spear head, use milliput to smooth out the stick to look like a pole, trail some wires from the end of it, add a casting from a drill part from some other kit to the front (part of a Hades I'm thinking?) then add tattered robes to their lower bodies, cultist heads, and a third arm on each one.
>>
>>49686455
Sorry meant to link >>49686312
>>
>>49686431
Where is your psyker, exactly? Is it somewhere where my exorcists can freely dump S8 melta missile into his unit? Or are you camped somewhere far backfield where there's no line of sight?
>>
>>49686429
Just theory craft but they seem like the only army with enough close combat ability to deal with them while having enough summoning power to buy enough time to get up the board to their summoners.

A keeper with soulstealer and dark blessing or some other good greater gift could survive a brood of purestrains attack and then recovered a wound for each genestealer it squishes, even better if it casts invisibility on itself.
>>
>>49686324

Strikingscorpion82 - Great if you dont fall asleep with the slides of text.

WintersSEO - Best of the best. Nice chap that loves his Space Marines.

Geeks40kchannel - Another brit with great batreps.

TabletopTactics - Toppest of top. Guest appearances from other brit gamers.

TheLegionWargaming - Great quality batreps

Guerrilla Miniatures - Top tier batreps and not just 40k.

GrimResolve - New channel, great batreps.

Peter Crawford - Slow motion autism.

MiniWarGaming - Autism made a job. Mediocre-tier but tons of videos. Quantity over quality.

TheGlacialGeek - Medium-tier batreps.A filler that's better than nothing.

AceFace - Occassional batreps with good production value.
>>
>>49686460
>>49686463
>Shoulders

Really? It looks so good on the Kroot.
>>
>>49686479
2 of them are backfield on objectives, 2-3 of them are locked in combat killing your shit, all of them are utterly immune to damage until you wipe their whole squad of ablative bodies and you need to do this and kill them in the same turn or they will join the other 20 guys they just summoned.
>>
>>49686451
Horrors have no overwatch defence so I may bubble wrap with allied cultists. That's a lot of cultists/ Horrors on the table.
>>
>>49686479
As far back as possible with no line of sight with his body guard.

The units he summons come in via "cult ambush" meaning he doesn't need to be anywhere near the action to summon units right on top of you.
You could try outflanking with heavy flamers.
>>
>>49686501
this looks like it
might be able to get rather cheap from a bitz site
>>
>>49686487
That might work with the Keeper, although I haven't had much luck with them recently. Been trying to get away from the horde into an easier list to travel with - looks like that idea may go on hold.
>>
>>49686523
>>49686451
Cultist overwatch is shit.

If I wanted to cheese them I would do my main summoning from the keeper with the robe, if he can increase his save by 1 with cursed earth he's going to be jumping up the table with a rerollible 2++ save, summoning deamons and piling in to combat with 5 ws6 s8 ap2 attacks in melee, initive doesn't matter with a save like that.

Daemon prince of tzeentch taking advantage of their lack of good skyfire, flying around with a psudo-heavy flamer summoning daemons.

And finally a herald with just the paradox staff, summoning what he can before he dies in a bitch fight with the other cannon fodder.
>>
>>49686422
>I really really like the design
That is all that matters
>>
>>49685447
Help bump?
>>
>>49686234
>Also, there is no fun in watching Necron Decurion and 9 Wraiths steamrolling his opponents fluff lists.

Stopped watching him for exactly this reason. I liked how he doesn't shout and scream and play up for the camera like a lot of people do, but it's just boring when you know how the game is going to play out as soon as you see the armies.
>>
>>49686574
I love my keeper, soulstealer has produced some pretty bullshit results in my game.

Once he limped in to combat with some marines with one wound left, before eating 4 of them, instantly recovering all 4 lost wounds.
>>
>>49686616
>keeper of secrets
>he
>not xhe/xir/warpself pronouns
>>
>>49686514
Every time you win combat I can drive up a pair of heavy flamers and roast whatever unit won combat.

You do remember that in addition to the psychic phase and the assault phase, there is a shooting phase, right? You can't lock my transports in assault and you certainly can't kill eight Rhinos in one turn. Everything I can reach out and touch is going to die.
>>
>>49686422
yeah dude either those or the black Templar upgrade set from gw
>>
>>49686637

Bunself.
>>
>>49686637
he probably uses he because

its a secret
>>
>>49686637
She was feeling perticully masculine that day, besides, who are you to gender police her shitlord?!
>>
>>49686239

Sister have lots of templates and can take Condemnors.
>>
>>49686156
+ Formation +

Ork Skwadron
Burna-Bommer Flyer Wing [Burna-Bommer, Burna-Bommer, Burna-Bommer, Burna-Bommer]
Burna-Bommer Flyer Wing [Burna-Bommer, Burna-Bommer, Burna-Bommer, Burna-Bommer]

++ Orks: Codex (2014) (Combined Arms Detachment) ++

+ HQ +

Big Mek [Choppa, Slugga]

+ Troops +

Gretchin [19x Gretchin]
Runtherd [Grot-prod, Squig hound]

Gretchin [19x Gretchin]

Gretchin [19x Gretchin]

Gretchin [19x Gretchin]

Gretchin [19x Gretchin]

Gretchin [19x Gretchin]
>>
>>49686677
no skorcha missiles?
>>
>>49686649
So you think they're going to run out of bugs before you run out of flamers?
Summoning 2-3 squads a turn?

Hey sister, guess what, genestealers now have a better invulnerable save than your faith grants you.
So where is your god emperor now?
>>
>>49686690
Nah, small blasts are naff, and i wanted 12 bombas and 120 groundies.
>>
>>49686696
>genestealers now have a better invulnerable save than your faith grants you.

What?
>>
>>49686677
Unfortunately they can equip every member of their squad with hand flamers.
>>
>>49686718
The new genestealers have a 5++ invulnerable save now, they're basically daemons.
>>
>>49686718

Yea, pure strain Genestealers are literal bullshit. They have a 5++ because they're all sonic the hedgehog fast
>>
>>49686718
Purestrain Genestealers have a built-in 5+ Invulnerable save. But it's just 5+. It's useful for warding off light small arms fire and melee attacks but it doesn't do much against massed template attacks.
>>
>>49686586
Tzerald with Paradox is almost auto-include for me at this stage. Must have a shot at those suggestions of yours. Cheers.
>>
>>49686726
Grotz aint fer fighting, they're for keeping the enemy where ya want while ya line up da bomms.

Considered skorcha buggies and/or grot tanks tho.
>>
>>49686745
>>49686741
This sounds pretty dumb. There is no reason for a unit like that to have a 5++.
>>
>>49686797
There is a perfect reason for a unit like that to have 5++ when Wyches and Death Cult Assassins are slower and have it for the same reason.
>>
>>49686616
keepers are high-priority targets in the meta in which I play. Last game I played I rolled two ML3 Keepers with Possession. Never got the chance to get it off on either of them...
>>
>>49686440
Those are shoulderpads from the Chaos Marauders box.
>>
>>49686696
Let's say I start with six sister squads with two flamers each riding in heavy flamer immolators. For 780 points that's 12 shooting attacks that can and will delete most genestealer units. One hopes you wouldn't be dumb enough to leave them in range (one must never underestimate the stupidity of xenos) but burning out two or three new summoned units is nothing.

Celestine and a unit of Seraphim with hand flamers will delete any genestealer units they run into, ablative wounds or no. Sisters have one of the best kits for fighting GSC in the game. I don't know why you would use them as an example.

>>49686718
In the mirror matchup 3+/6++ is far more reliable than 5++. The Emperor Protects.
>>
File: 1284305366376.jpg (320KB, 514x764px) Image search: [Google]
1284305366376.jpg
320KB, 514x764px
>>49686797
They're fast enough to dodge bullets.

Genestealers are supposed to be one of the most terrifying close combat units in the game. For a couple of editions they were, but from 4th edition onwards, they've become steadily less and less impressive. Now, they're finally back to where they should be.

This guy costs 14 points and he's going to rape your face. Deal with it.
>>
>>49686811

Wyches only get it non close combat. Genestealers can dodge an area completely covered in fire or a small nuke.
>>
Here is my 1250pt Iron Hands list.
Started playing in January and have been having a good time.
My shop is nice and all the boxes are 15-20% off which is amazing.
I gave up on 5 man tacs in Razorbacks to get to 1250 and I am working on two Thunderfire Cannons and thier Tech Marine Gunners.
My friends are playing AM, CSM and Grey Knights.
I am trying to work towards the Armoured Task Force but whirlwinds don't seem that cool.

Techmarine (125pts)
>Auspex, Combi-grav, Power Axe, Space Marine Bike, Servo-harness

Command Squad (180pts)
>Space Marine Bikes, Apothecary, 4 Combi-Grav

2 Tactical Squads (195pts)
>Meltagun, Combi-Melta, Rhino

Ironclad Dreadnoughts (170pts)
>Powerfist w/ Storm Bolter, Seismic Hammer w/ Meltagun, Drop Pod

Predator (145pts)
>Lascannon, Storm Bolter, Twin-linked Lascannon

Vindicator (125pts)
>Demolisher Cannon, Storm Bolter

1250/1250

(The Storm Bolters are there to help mitigate a weapons destroyed result)
>>
>>49686811
I don't mean from a fluff point of view. A unit that can basically pop up everywhere on the table doesn't need a 5++. If you get covered by a flamethrower you deserve to lose your guys and not retain 1/3rd of them.
>>
>>49685542

>*measured yet savage bird noises*
>>
>>49686841
>Genestealers can dodge an area completely covered in fire or a small nuke.
Yes, like they do all the time in the fluff since fucking 1st edition Space Hulk.
>>
what the fuck do I use to open epub every app sucks
>>
>>49686855
>A unit that can basically pop up everywhere on the table doesn't need a 5++

Good to know! Terminators can lose their Invulnerable Saves as well. Daemons, the whole army, can go without saves of any kind, because if they're dumb enough to Deep Strike that close, obviously they deserve to die. We can strip Shield Generators out of the Battlesuit upgrade list while we're at it. Anything else I'm forgetting?
>>
>>49686855
>I don't mean from a fluff point of view.
Well then it's a good thing you aren't in charge of designing the game then, isn't it? Fluffy rules is what makes 40k worth playing.
>>
>>49686760
For me as well, it pretty much allows you to auto succeed at casting a power each turn.
It makes it's points back by virtue of summoning it's points in daemon without fail first turn.

These are just Tzeentch daemon ideas, great uncleaning one with the eternal blade and level 3 on biomancy is still an insanely powerful CC monster, keeper with soulstealer is perfect for wiping out hordes of infantry and don't forget to bring khorne cannons for that s8 large blast goodness with incorporated assault grenades for any unit that charges the unit hit.
>>
>>49686845

I wonder what will all these space marine bikefaggots do once time passes and bikes are not as OP as they are now anymore.

Also no SMASHFUCKER so 0/10
>>
>>49686919
I'll remember that the next time someone brings up Tau or Eldar cheese because they are pretty fluffy, all things considered.
>>
>>49686818
Roll twice on the greater gifts table and hope for the best, invisibility/shrouding with a tzeentch herald with the invulnerable save buffs is better than melafic if you're playing a more "serious" game.
>>
>>49686137
>or Chaos SM

Flamers, Noise Marines, Mark of Slaanesh on relevant units.

Flamers clear the blobs that WILL be a part of the list.

Noise Marines can tear shit up at range with Ignores Cover and better-than-average Overwatch, and the Blastmaster can do decent armor-hunting as well.

Mark of Slaanesh enables all non-Cultist units to strike higher against 90% of their army and enables Cultists to strike a I4, tying with them.

Also, VINDICATOR SQUADRONS BITCH
>>
>>49686855
>A unit that can basically pop up everywhere on the table doesn't need a 5++
You think that's bad, wait til you find out that GCults can roll on Biomancy for 4+ Feel No Pain which gets a +1 from the sacred cult banner for 5++/3+++ genestealers.
>>
>>49686871
*gobbleing intensifies'
>>
>>49686938
The Tau and Eldar codexes are actually very well written. Almost every unit is useful in some way and every role can be filled by a number of different units, meaning you often aren't forced to bring certain models you might not like.

The problem is that other armies don't live up to their standard.
>>
>>49686943
You still get ID'd by battle cannons so it's all good.
>>
>>49686938
Actual fluffy Eldar/Tau lists are perfectly acceptable in terms of power level. They're only broken when they abuse things like running a billion Wraithknights or Riptides and ally with Culexus Assassins and Inquisitors.
>>
>>49686845
Forgot to ask what I should add to this for 1500 (which is pretty much the cap around here).
Like I said I have the 2 Thunderfires but maybe Centurions or any sort of fast attack would be worth looking in to.

>>49686931
>space marine bikefaggots do once time passes and bikes are not as OP as they are now anymore.

I just didn't want to buy a Land Raider and was told, here, that the bikes were a better option. They have been great forsure.

>no SMASHFUCKER so 0/10
I looked into it but it is way too much cheese for my group.
>>
>>49686965
Samm-hain craftworlds thing is jetbikes, all-day err. day.
>>
Isn't the cult ambush rather unreliable about HOW they turn up? Everyone seems to be acting like they'll always get the 'Appear anywhere and get a free shooting phase' or the 'Appear anywhere and get a free charge' options.
>>
>>49686985
Which is fine if they limit the number of scatter lasers on their bikes to 1 per 3 models.
>>
>>49686985
That doesn't mean you need to give them all Scatter Lasers though. Jetbikes are a bit underpriced but not particularly broken, it's when you field entire squads of them armed with heavy weapons that things become absurd.
>>
>>49686938
>Tau or Eldar cheese

Tau cheese actually isn't all that fluffy, seeing as how it is dependent on units that are supposedly very rare in-setting.
>>
>>49686943
Honestly I accepted the fact that anything short of a 2+ isn't worth anything anymore in 40k right now and that every new codex will compensate by giving out random invuln or FnP to units.
>>
>>49686998
Why wouldn't the eldar equip their bikes with the best weaponry? It is fluffy.
>>
>>49686984

I just wonder what will the bikefaggots do with their massive amount of bike miniatures once they become shit
>>
>>49686994
As it is, you're pretty much guaranteed to get SOMEWHERE down the table but what you can do there that turn is unreliable.
>>
>>49686994
It's unreliable, but can be theoretically really good or mediocre. Unlike most of these types of things cough Chaos cough there isn't really a drawback, though - the worst that happens is they arrive normally.

It's not reliable enough to build a strategy around, but it's a pretty sweet bonus that's hard to predict (for both player and opponent).
>>
>>49686994
>Isn't the cult ambush rather unreliable about HOW they turn up?

Yep. It's the standard new codex hysteria. Yes, sure, maybe you'll roll a boatload of 6's...for your units of 10 Neophytes which you want to have shooting tanks. Or maybe you'll get a whole bunch of 5's, and those free run moves will do absolutely nothing for your Purestrains and Initiates. It's a cool rule, and very fluffy, but it's not going to break the game in half.
>>
>>49687018
Sell them, buy whatever the new flavor is.
>>
>>49687018

Sell said bikes for 9.99 USD, buy a six pack of Pabst, drink it all, get on their real motorcycle, and crash.
>>
>>49687001
What people really want right now is either 2+ or no save at all, so that they don't have to pay for a save they're not going to use. If genestealers had to pay for armor they'd be real shit.

I'm waiting for the virtuous cycle to kick in, where people eventually stop running AP3/4/5 weapons, and suddenly those saves become good again. Any minute now.
>>
>>49687018
Eldar have been one of the most powerful armies for about as long as 40k has been a thing. They only time period where they weren't, was because their codex hadn't been updated for two editions.

Eldar don't get nerfed.
>>
>>49687017
>Why wouldn't the eldar equip their bikes with the best weaponry?

Because Eldar value every single thing they have, as it's extremely difficult for them to get more of it. They don't like to risk ANYTHING in battle unless they absolutely have to.
>>
>>49686999
>>49686998
Wouldn't take them, i prefer shuriken cannons, that way they get the shred bonus from the detachment.
>>
>>49686994
The Warlords unit will get to assault turn 1 like 50% of the time with a 1/3 chance he'll be able to do it every single time without fail, also a 50% for any Subterranean Uprising units joined by a Primus, and then they still get a 6th of their over 9000 MSU squads plus the potential 12 squads they'll summon over the course of the game plus second chances for units that Returned to Shadows and come back again later.

Point is they don't even need to get everyone locked in combat, just the most dangerous shooty targets. Everything else they'll walk up and assault normally the turn after.

If you run a lot of pie plate tanks you have a good shot at weathering that turn 1, though.
>>
>>49687028
If you roll a 6 you can still shoot, it's just you appear within 3" and are allowed to charge that turn.

Imagine if you could equip their basic guys with melta guns...
>>
>>49687047
>If you roll a 6 you can still shoot

Sure, but it's effectively no more of a bonus than rolling a 3 or 4 is.
>>
>>49687017
They aren't the best weapons in fluff though.
They are mostly reserved for killing hordes.
>>
>>49687041
People don't even want to bother with an armour save, 2++ or other wise, because of all the ap2 and grav in the game.

A good unit has a good cover save and an invulnerable save to fall back on after that.
>>
>>49687027
>>49687028
>>49687020

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I was wondering if I'd missed something that makes them not need to roll.

Thanks.

>>49687046

So the warlord is a 50/50 chance on 'Wipe out a unit' vs 'Die horribly to shooting?'
>>
>>49687018
I would still play my Ravenwing but if Pure RW went to shit I would have to fall back on my battle company.
>>
>>49687044
>"Farseer, we are few in number and we need to win the upcomming battle to ensure our survival, shall we ready our windrider with scatter laser?"

No, only every third one.

"It shall be... wait, what?"

Those things are expensive, I value them a lot.

"More than our survival?"

Yes.
>>
>>49687069
If you fail to get the charge you can just go back into reserves and try again next turn.
>>
>>49687044
Yes, so field all your best stuff and crush the enemy quickly, Eldar don't do cannon fodder for their heavy weapons to hide behind.
>>
>>49687017
Weapons restrictions on squads are stupid to begin with unless you're in some sort of mismanaged, bankrupt, clusterfuck organization like the Imperial Guard. The only real issue is that Eldar have one of the only troop choices who can give the nice gun to everyone.
>>
>>49687069
>So the warlord is a 50/50 chance on 'Wipe out a unit' vs 'Die horribly to shooting?'
People seem to think if you don't roll a 6 on Cult Ambush you still need to set up within 6" of an enemy and sit there.

No you fucking idiot.

It's a 50/50 chance of 'wipe out a unit or lock 3-4 of them in combat at once' vs 'sit out of Line of Sight with 2+ cover for a turn and then charge' or 'set-up in the ass-crack of the board and return to shadows at the start of turn 1 to come in again next turn'
>>
>>49686924
There are just so many units I want to field from that codex, and as I only really get to play tournaments (no gaming scene where I live) I don't get to play the half of them. Skull cannons are on that list of 'need-to-assemble', though I still haven't worked out the final details of the conversions.
>>
>>49687079
>Why doesn't the Imperium give every Space Marine a plasma gun?
>Why don't the Tyranids make every termagant a Carnifex?
>Why don't Chaos Space Marines use newer technologies?
>Why do the Orks build Kans instead of more Dreads?

Resources and supply lines are a thing.
>>
>>49687069
From what I read they can get a ton of modifiers to that roll on formations and warlord traits.

I know they have one warlord trait that allows your warlord to pick your result on the table rather than rolling for it, turning return to the shadows in to super hit and run where they escape in to reserves then teleport back on to the table and charge next turn.
>>
What are the most anime aspects of 40K?

Can be a character, a species or an event.

Tau being Japanese don't count.
>>
>>49687100

>'sit out of Line of Sight with 2+ cover for a turn and then charge'

Do people play with a lot of LOS blocking cover? I don't recall too many boards I've seen that had basically any of it. At least, not enough to hide an entire squad.
>>
>>49687118
They already have the scatter lasers you silly!
How else would they be able to equip every bike with one?
>>
>>49687123
>they can get a ton of modifiers to that roll on formations and warlord traits.

They can't. One Warlord Trait lets your Warlord and his unit pick the result they want, and one Formation lets you roll 2D6 (3D6 for one unit, if you have a character attached to it) and pick the result you want for units in that Formation.

Those are the only way of modifying or improving your chances of getting the really good results. You also can't use Return to the Shadows if you arrived from reserve that turn, or if there's an enemy unit within 6".
>>
>>49687140

Tau have mecha they are the most anime race
>>
>>49686941
I was hoping for the best going for ML3 on the Keepers, and trying to stack it as best I could. Which isn't very good, trust me, I'm a very casual player in a serious meta with a lot of ETC lists and players.
>>
>>49687097
So like real soldiers that all carry a LMG and wear bleeding edge body armour?
>>
>>49687143
They do if they want a good game and not a game where one player sets up all his stuff and then his Tau opponent rolls some dice and then he puts all his stuff back in the bag again.
>>
>>49687117
I have a nice casual gaming area so I have the luxury of having a list for each god, I've had to forbid myself from buying more daemons until I get a bigger case to carry them all.

Not pure god lists but majority god lists at least.
>>
>>49687150

That warlord trait is 1/6 like all warlord traits, I imagine?
>>
So whats the deal with Farsight and why don't other tau melee with him?
>>
>>49687171
Yep.
>>
>>49687150
>3D6 for one unit
You can do this for any unit in the Formation with an attached Primus, not just one.
>>
>>49687150
It should have been "declare where you want to infiltrate, then see if you can and make your roll".
>>
>>49687140
Eldar shoot shuriken, have power katanas, nagitanas, back banners and have armies of EVAs.

And they're skinny slants.
>>
>>49687156
>So like real soldiers that all carry a LMG and wear bleeding edge body armour?
In most first world militaries, every soldier gets the most appropriate armor and weapon for the job. If there's only one flamethrower in the squad it's because it was adjudicated that a second one wasn't going to help much more.
>>
>>49687171
Yes except you get the re-roll as usual, so you get three chances to roll a 6 for Ambush on turn 1 for the Warlord.
>>
so wait how long can humans live?
>>
>>49687195
That's fucking retarded, what? The whole point of the special rule is that the Cult meticulously planned everything on the battlefield for literally years or even decades before this fight, they have all the guys in place for the exact right moment to strike, not to walk out and then stand in front of gunfire in the open for no reason.
>>
>>49687199
There ya have it then.
Most common enemies are best dealt with by bolters.
>>
>>49687229
This is true, bolters were designed to kill Orks.
>>
>>49687225
In 40k? It depends on the planet. Natural lifespan isn't altered much, but a lot of people either die young due to war, overwork, or pollution, and the Imperium's high and mighty tend to live for centuries due to cybernetic surgeries and rejuvenation drugs.

So probably 40-50 for the serfs, and 200-300 for the nobility.
>>
>>49686501

At first i thought it was really dumb that someone used shareholder as mask.
but it actually looks good on them, and it isn't that absurd that kroot would just salvage and stick them to their faces.
That is really creative and nice.
>>
I just started playing 40k in July and I have been building up an Admech force, but have been disappointed with having no metal boxes for my metal men when my local meta has a lot of AP4 and deepstrike suiciding melta and plasma.

I was planning on running an Inquisition allied force to get some Chimeras, but I've heard some people consider this cheese. Would this detatchment be ok allied to an Elimination Maniple and some misc Skitarii, or should I find a different idea?

Ordo Machinum Allies:
Inquisition Detatchment

Inquisitor Coteaz 100pts
Ordo malleus inquisitor w/ termie armor, grimore, 3 servo skulls, psyker and Brain mines. Warlord
119 pts.

2×10 acolytes w/bolters + psyker in dual bolter Chimeras w/ Psybolt 120pts each
2 Crusaders+psyker in flamer/Multilaser Chimera 95pts

Total 554 pts (if my maths is correct)

Malleus goes with Crusader squad in their Chimera for MC hunting, Coteaz joins whatever, other Chimeras jacked by Kataphron Destroyers T1 for protection or Vanguard for mobility.
Would this be cheesy or would I get some dirty looks?
>>
>>49687254
but like the Adeptus Custodes are like 10000 years old
>>
>>49687305
Astartes and Custodes are not human.
>>
>>49687249
Orks, nids and rebels.
Whether for stopping power on senseless brutes, ctazed cultists or intimidation.
>>
>>49687317
>nids
Bolters pre-date the Imperiums first contact with Tyranids by 10,000 years.

Rebels die to lasguns just fine.

Bolters were designed to kill Orks because they were the most numerous threat during the Great Crusade and are extremely tough and resilient to regular small arms fire.
>>
>>49687313
what are thy or what could I read to learn more about them?
>>
>>49687275
The bolters are strong but hardly "cheesey", neither is that inquisitor with he crusaders.

If it were me I would make the second inquisitor ordo xenos as a tech heresy kinda guy, just to make it a bit more fluffy.
He won't be very good at hunting monsters with that set up anyway, he can't charge coming out of a chimera and it's easy to shoot the crusaders to death.
>>
>>49687118

>Why don't the Guard issue carapace armor to conscripts?

>Because it's wasted on them.
>>
>>49687348
I guess the thing is, when you make a weapon to kill Orks, it will end up killing a lot of other stuff too.
I tough bolters existed before the great crusade during the dark ages, but still, even during the dark ages mankind had a lot of problems, as almost everyone else, with orks
>>
>>49687140
Orcs. Everytime you defeat them they just scream and get stronger

Someone got that picture from the drawthread with Gork and Mork posing like JoJo and Ceasar?
>>
>>49687455
>Orcs.
>c
Dude what are you doing.
>>
>>49685423
take a magus, can summon more stuff
>>
>>49687467
By the golden throne, I'm sorry. I noticed my mistake to late. There is no difference between Orcs and Orks in german, we've been writing them like that since the first translation of The Hobbit. I just felt the need to anglify it
>>
>>49686032

The Dark Artisan is pretty good.
>>
>GSC player gets a 6 on his First Curse formation
>multi-charges three different units of Tzeentch Flamers
>loses 12 Stealers from Wall of Death, fails charge
>gets a 6+ Feel no Pain thanks to Tzeentch taking pity on him
>Flamers gangroast the survivors next turn
I understand that GSC are a very scary army potentially, but all the GSC players at the LGS seem to be retarded. Tons of super ambitious multi-charges, overly aggressive Infiltration, etc.
>>
>>49687686
par the course for a new army.
>>
>>49687370
OK, seems like Malleus is getting swapped for 2 Jokaero, an Ordo Xenos with skulls, power armor and a Beamer, plus a psyker and Inquisitior ML1 in a Chimera for a nice shooting squad.
>>
>>49687782
dont forget their special grenades, a free force sword + red grenades is great,
Psycho grenades are hilariously powerful if you roll the right result.
>>
>>49687807
Yeah, my other idea was keeping 5 Sicarian Infiltrators and a Xenos with Rad/psycho nades and ML1 for a countercharge unit, but that would neuter the Dunestrider rule somewhat.
>>
File: WP_20161007_15_09_53_Pro.jpg (3MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20161007_15_09_53_Pro.jpg
3MB, 3840x2160px
What did you fuckers do today? Me and ork bro were planning to do 3000 pt game versus Nids today. But he bailed leaving me to face the horde alone. Got a story time behind what happened next if anyone wants to hear.
>>
>>49687862
I finished magnetizing/painting a knight today.
>>
>>49687862

Had a couple of games of killteam, managed to win both, thought I was fucked the second game when 20 demons were stood in front of me and got the first turn
>>
>>49687862
Give us a summary on what happened.

I bought a Harliquins kill team for a kill team event tomorrow, with the deadline approaching I was rushing them to get them in to a presentable state.

No idea what to do with them in game, no one seems to play harlies enough to give me advice.
>>
>>49685749
not him, but forgeworld is banned everywhere you know...

still im curious, what does forgeworld offers?
>>
>>49687847
If you have the points, make a second henchman squad with 2 crusaders, a death cult assassin, a psyker and then just lots of bare bones acolytes as meat shields to stand at the back ready to counter charge/psychic support.
>>
File: 1399139409743.jpg (78KB, 639x595px) Image search: [Google]
1399139409743.jpg
78KB, 639x595px
>tfw no fitting formation for Black Templars

At least Skyhammer somewhat works.
>>
>130 models in my 2k GSC list
>Still need to assemble over half
>Need to recast the special weapons to max out every squad
>Still need to paint all of it

kill mee
>>
>>49686156
Space marines.
Drop Pods are one of the few things that can counter the cult ambush stuff, and they aren't too worried about the whole -1 to reserves. grav is still the god gun. They have plenty of tough mobile units with obsec to easily play the objective game. Their deathstars can take on the purestrains with no worries.
Oh, and the myriad of benefits of chapter tactics, ATSKNF, and the various doctrines.

And that's not even mentioning the formations, this is all stuff that a CAD can do.
>>
>>49688054
>black templars
>skyhammer

fucking heresy
>>
>>49685418
Can't the level 3 summon 10 acolytes for free with cult ambush? and each of them can be upgraded with hand flamers for free, with the chance to shoot twice.

I'm imaging a group of 10 duel wielding hand flames, they call them EL DISPARADA, the most feared Gang of mutant Xenia heretic outlaws in the imperium.
Popping up out of nowhere, toasting whole squads of guardsmen before disappearing back in to the shadows.
>>
>>49688054

>No fitting formation
>Formation

What the fuck are formations? Have I missed something in the last 6 years?
>>
>>49686233
Which is why you use drop pods. No way in hell a good player would let the GSC choose where and when the combats happen, they'll be negating most of the benefits of the cult ambush stuff and setting the terms of engagement.
>>
>>49688072
I imagine scalpels will be having a field day with the special weapons, gotta get the most outta yo free upgrades.
>>
>>49687686
This is exactly what I was saying here >>49685794

GSC is top-tier but it takes skill, unlike auto-pilot Riptide spam lists and shit like that. It's extremely good for the game.
>>
>>49688124
>Xenia
Xenos
>>
>>49688117
By "works" I meant "can give you some extra benefit of using because of how they usually do their shit". Of course it's not truly fitting, but it's probably the most efficient thing to use with them.

LR Spearhead is pretty much the only fluff-friendly formation they got, but it doesn't really give them a lot of benefits.

Wish they'd release a BT inspired formation that allows Crusaders to be used instead of Tacs.

>>49688145
They're, as the name suggests, formations of certain units that give you special benefits. For example Skyhammer being Assaults and Devastators in drop pods, gaining a bunch of special rules for using them like that.
>>
>>49686376
>I can summon more, for free and free upgrades.
>thinking you'll beat a good SM list in the psykic phase.
Yeah, no. You're not winning that battle. A good space marine list will have a libby conclave with enough warp charges to make sure that you aren't getting those really good powers off.
>>
>>49688184

So, you don't have to follow a formation, but if you do you get benefits?

So they're basically IG Regiments from like... 2 Editions ago?

Seems okay I guess.
>>
>>49688190
My level two psykers are cheaper.
You're denying on 6s.

Good luck!
>>
File: WP_20161007_17_13_42_Pro.jpg (3MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20161007_17_13_42_Pro.jpg
3MB, 3840x2160px
>>49687961
Ork bro left me with about 1600 points to take out an army almost twice as big. Everybody else at this time was either already in a game or building so reinforcements were looking scarce. I bought some scions to build in between turns it was that bad.
>"Commissar how can men stand against such numbers?"
> "By doing our duty to the Emperor Guardsmen and by dying standing. Now who wants to live forever ?"
Turn one he spawned so many Gaunts and only really good night fighting cover saved me. But it got interesting after that.
Cont.
>>
File: skyhammer-close-up.jpg (122KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
skyhammer-close-up.jpg
122KB, 720x960px
>>49688214
Yeah, that's pretty much the essence of it.

Some of the benefits you gain for free are pretty ridiculous, even going so far as to give you free Razors as your dedicated transports.
>>
What do you guys use to read the .epub files in the Mega? I wanna take a look at the new codex before I start buying models.
>>
>>49688293
Kobo for mobile
>>
>>49688293
download readium
>>
>>49688227
And you can take a max 1 patriarch and one magus (a max of 4 ml) the decurion. And only one of your psykers is cheaper, only marginally so, while also being less durable, having worse weapon options, and fewer options in terms of what tables he can roll on.
>>
>>49688263
>people were bitching about this Formation because it gives Devastators Relentless all game
Faggots, it only works on the turn they arrive, so they aren't worthlessly snap firing. Jesus the whiners don't even know the actual rules they're complaining about.
>>
Any of you ever 3d print your own minis?
>>
File: WP_20161007_17_13_44_Pro.jpg (3MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20161007_17_13_44_Pro.jpg
3MB, 3840x2160px
>>49688242
A guy takes pity on me and asks if he can use the two store Knights. We kill two vemomthropes,a unit of termagaunts and hormagaunts. But we're still at a pretty significant disadvantage as he has two mawlocs,gargoyles,rippers and raveners in reserves.
>"Commissar it looks like we might get through this."
>"Don't get your hopes too high trooper."
Cont.
>>
>>49688319
>And you can take a max 1 patriarch and one magus (a max of 4 ml) the decurion.
This is stopping nobody from running any number of 4 warp charge 210 point CADs and 4 warp charge 250 point broodcovens in addition to the Decurion, dumbass.

>while also being less durable
Unquestioning Loyalty would like a word.

>having worse weapon options
Who cares? He's a cheap summoning battery, and can still fuck somethings day up with Instant Death and Rending as an added bonus.

>and fewer options in terms of what tables he can roll on.
LOL, implying he would ever roll on anything except Broodmind which only GSC have access to?
>>
>>49688319
I can take a Cad alongside the decision for extra magos (magi?).
Lvl
2 psyker + 40 point bodyguard unit.
>>
>>49688242
>Ork bro left me with about 1600 points to take out an army almost twice as big
Of Tyranids? So it was an even game then.
>>
File: WP_20161007_17_39_41_Pro.jpg (3MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20161007_17_39_41_Pro.jpg
3MB, 3840x2160px
>>49688330
His turn two Knight bro disappears and shit happens. Guardsmen start dying in droves,heavy weapons team gets mawloc'd and Demolisher gets wrecked. Then he charges three units into my poor Guardsmen. They managed to win their combats against termaguants and make them flee and tie combat with the hormagaunts while his other unit fails it's charge. At this point things look shitty because he still has all of his monstrous creatures and my men will get eaten in melee but are you fucks ready for the hit conclusion?
>>
>>49688372
Ehhh there was no way I could have killed all of his shit. He had too much in reserves and he was getting close as shit with his monsters so it was far from even.
>>
>>49688365
>This is stopping nobody from running any number of 4 warp charge 210 point CADs and 4 warp charge 250 point broodcovens in addition to the Decurion, dumbass.
first of all, most formats limit number of detachments allowed for this reason. Secondly if you're spamming broodcovens, you're severly limiting your alpha strike capabilities, which is a idiotic move.
>Unquestioning Loyalty would like a word.
>being so pathetic you need to pass off wounds to your underlings
Laughing_psyfucker_and_tiggystar.jpg.
>Who cares? He's a cheap summoning battery, and can still fuck somethings day up with Instant Death and Rending as an added bonus.
You should care. Summoning isn't reliable tactic unless your daemons. You are not strong enough in the psykic phase to rely on it alone.

>LOL, implying he would ever roll on anything except Broodmind which only GSC have access to?
Are you kidding? Biomancy to make Genestealers with 3+ FnP is fucking amazing.
>>
>>49688452
Fuck, meant for
>>49688352
>>
File: 1456697391347.jpg (198KB, 683x993px) Image search: [Google]
1456697391347.jpg
198KB, 683x993px
does anyone know where i can get a scan of the 6thed rulebook? There doesn't seem to be one in the links on the sticky, unless im missing something.
>>
File: WP_20161007_18_23_10_Pro.jpg (3MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20161007_18_23_10_Pro.jpg
3MB, 3840x2160px
How does this make everyone feel? Dude dropped about $500 on that one model.
>>
Total beginner here, what benefits does dual wielding a chainsword and power sword give you, apart from the model looking pretty badass?
>>
>>49688452
>first of all, most formats limit number of detachments allowed for this reason
We're not talking about playing in some faggot format.

>Secondly if you're spamming broodcovens, you're severely limiting your alpha strike capabilities
Tell that to my 20 man Subterranean Uprising squad which is now Fearless, with Fleet, Hatred, Adamantium Will, Preferred Enemy, Counter-Attack, an invincible Patriarch for challenges, two models with Instant Death weapons, rolling 3d6 on the Ambush table.

>You are not strong enough in the psykic phase to rely on it alone.
I have 12 warp charges, you have 6. I manifest on 4s, you Deny on 6s. Have fun!

> Biomancy to make Genestealers with 3+ FnP is fucking amazing.
Not as amazing as getting 16 new fully upgraded Genestealers for free every turn.
>>
>>49688491
Extra attack for two melee weapons.
>>
>>49688491
+1 attack.
>>
>>49685557
Hey, that's mean. There are dozens of us! Dozens!
>>
>12 Warp Charge
>6 Warp Charge
>mfw I don't leave home without twenty Warp Charge
>>
>>49688501
>Tell that to my 20 man Subterranean Uprising squad which is now Fearless, with Fleet, Hatred, Adamantium Will, Preferred Enemy, Counter-Attack, an invincible Patriarch for challenges, two models with Instant Death weapons, rolling 3d6 on the Ambush table.
OH, sorry, I meant my SECOND squad statted up like that.

And then I also have a Warlord Patriarch in a First Curse.

Good luck figuring out which of these targets to shoot turn 1 if you even get a chance to do so. Meanwhile 3 more of my psykers are hidden out of LoS in the backfield so if you're focusing the threats down you aren't stopping my summoning.
>>
>>49688542
Mortals, when will they ever learn?
>>
>>49688310

Okay, how do I use them via Readium?
>>
>>49688470
I'm not bothered by other people having money.
>>
>>49688470
It looks like at Stormbird mixed with a Thunderhawk. What is it? What am I looking at?
>All those unpainted models
>>
>>49688565
it's an app for chrome, google it
>>
>>49688501
>We're not talking about playing in some faggot format.
Hold it, you're talking about non-tournament play? Then who gives a fuck nigger. Unless your orks or Deldar, power tiers and rankings mean fuck all. If this isn't about tournaments then who the fuck cares? Just play whatever sounds fun.
>Tell that to my 20 man Subterranean Uprising squad which is now Fearless, with Fleet, Hatred, Adamantium Will, Preferred Enemy, Counter-Attack, an invincible Patriarch for challenges, two models with Instant Death weapons, rolling 3d6 on the Ambush table.
nigger you do not want to bring in other shit. Because all I have to say is smashfucker, grav, cents, free pods and skyhammer and the conversation is over.
>
I have 12 warp charges, you have 6. I manifest on 4s, you Deny on 6s. Have fun!
wait what? What the fuck are you talking about? How on earth do you figure you have 12 warp charges vs 6? I'd love to see your logic on that number
>Not as amazing as getting 16 new fully upgraded Genestealers for free every turn.
8. 8 stealers. Because to reliably get off 2 WC 3 powers a turn, your gonna need alot more than 12 dice.
>>
>>49688578

Yeah. I've downloaded the app, and I still can't open the codex. I'm not ENTIRELY sure on how this app is supposed to work.
>>
>>49688543
Have you ever played against a competitive marines list? Because what you are talking about are non-issues. Pods and grav will take care of that
>>
>>49688596
>grav, cents

Have fun wounding on a 5+ and getting Rended to death.
>>
>>49688576
It's a Thunderhawk with turbolaser. Taken to the extreme of course.
>>
>>49688625
open new tab, on the bookmarks bar is a button for apps, click it and then you should see readium there. Open readium and then open up the .epub file with it.
>>
>>49688596
No one runs a Librarius Conclave with more than 3 Libs if they're smart, otherwise they have to keep the extras more than 12" away from the other three or lose out on casting for no benefit.

GSC can easily hit 12 warp charge dice.

>>49688596
>nigger you do not want to bring in other shit. Because all I have to say is smashfucker, grav, cents, free pods and skyhammer and the conversation is over.
Grav is not scary to 5+ armor dudes, lol. Also I would love to see Skyhammer try and take on GSC, those Assault Marines will get fucking bodied. You've pretty much confirmed you're a bad player or armchair internet observer if you think Skyhammer is OP.

Smashfucker is another story entirely but nowhere I know actually allows 2++ rerollables of any kind in games, they all use the ITC houserules.
>>
>>49688664
>we're not using some faggot format!
>oh but we're house ruling no 2++, allowing that would just be silly ;^))))
>>
>>49688630
t. guy who reads shit online and doesn't actually play 40k.

Pods aren't even remotely an issue. What are they going to do, wipe one of my 5 man 40pt units each and then get charged next turn and do absolutely nothing until they die?

Is grav supposed to be scary when I'm running a horde of dudes in flak armor? Really?

The most concerning part of fighting Space Marines are the free razorbacks. The others get hardcountered by GSC. You people just parrot what you hear online is good against other top lists and have no idea how to evaluate something against a new race which operates on entirely different strategies.
>>
File: Carcharadons_Red-Tithe.jpg (120KB, 533x818px) Image search: [Google]
Carcharadons_Red-Tithe.jpg
120KB, 533x818px
>THAT FUCKING ARM
>>
>>49688700
Not my rules, just the rules everyone uses at every LGS I attend, which I happen to agree with.

But we don't limit peoples list building because we aren't assholes. If they paid for the models and put the time in to actually paint them they deserve to use them on the table.
>>
>>49688664
>Grav is not scary to 5+ armor dudes, lol. Also I would love to see Skyhammer try and take on GSC, those Assault Marines will get fucking bodied. You've pretty much confirmed you're a bad player or armchair internet observer if you think Skyhammer is OP.
Yes it is. Cents will statically kill 10 genestealers. Half the fucking unit gone, and fucking bolters can do most of the clean up.
>>
>>49685741
Nobody worth playing laughes at people who take lower-tier codexes. If anything you get mad respect for dedicating your time and effort to an army that won't gain you easy wins. I have seen one guy who seems to take joy in telling others how bad their army is. Incidentally I also know only one guy at our store who has difficulty getting any games.
>>
>>49688709

Loyalist night lords vs traitor night lords?
>>
>>49688704
>The most concerning part of fighting Space Marines are the free razorbacks
And you have the gall to say others are spewing shit they read online? Free razorbacks is a meme, nobody chooses them over pods.
Also
>What are they going to do, wipe one of my 5 man 40pt units each and then get charged next turn and do absolutely nothing until they die?
No, they're going to get who they want where they want when they want. They're a sure fire way of saying fuck you to cult ambush, because they can null deploy and not give a fuck about -1 to reserve rolls.
>>
>>49688709
The fuck is going on with that perspective?

>AAAAAAH A Psyker of Tzeench just shrunk my arm!
>>
>>49688730
>Cents will statically kill 10 genestealers.
At what point, praytell, are Cents going to get a chance to shoot Purestrains? And how exactly are they killing that many 2+ cover 5+ invul 6+ FnP models with a weapon wounding on 5s?
>>
>>49688761
>No, they're going to get who they want where they want when they want. They're a sure fire way of saying fuck you to cult ambush, because they can null deploy and not give a fuck about -1 to reserve rolls
>thinks they will get to land where they want after null deploying
>when I have the entire board covered in 150 infiltrating guys + vehicles denying their LZs.
You definitely do not play this game on real tables.
>>
>>49688785
Me with Guardsmen. The poor deep strikers never had a chance.
>>
>>49688771
Did you forget cents have hurricane bolters as well? And doctrines? And that 2+ cover save is very limited, and the FnP is easily dealt with.
Which is honestly what a good player would do, take out the heads of the army early on, use bikes to play objectives and deal with the stealers later on.
>>
>>49688810
I don't think you understand that any good GSC player will prioritize the deadliest shooting from his opponent first and tie it up in combat before it gets to shoot more than once, if that.
>>
>>49688785
>>when I have the entire board covered in 150 infiltrating guys + vehicles denying their LZs.
I litteraly played a couple of games testing GSC with my tournament buddies. Pods were not phased by the GSC, because 150 guys is still not enough to deal with internal guidance.
>You definitely do not play this game on real tables.
M8, your the idiot who was spewing the free razorbacks meme. You've clearly haven't played in tournaments as of late
>>
>>49688840
Which is why marines use drop pods. So that GSC players don't get to set the terms of engagement.
>>
>>49688843
>because 150 guys is still not enough to deal with internal guidance.
Yes, actually, it is, unless you're playing on retarded boards with no proper terrain.

40 Neophytes spread to max coherency around impassible terrain can cover the entirety of a table quarter on a 6x4 and that's only 200 points worth of guys.
>>
Quick question. If Khorne just kicked the bucket what would happen to his followers?
>>
>>49688859
If you're entirely in pods the game is over end of turn 1 because you won't get to land. Even if you do manage to land one, maybe 2 at most, they'll just get completely overwhelmed and then you're tabled.
>>
>>49688872
>Yes, actually, it is, unless you're playing on retarded boards with no proper terrain.
Define proper terrain. Like I said, it was a bunch of tournament fags testing stuff for tournaments
>>
>take a break from 40k
>start lurking 40kg again
>nids got nice things finally
>vocal nid players all acting like assholes now
Wow, color me surprised. W-we just want the nidzilla codex b-b-b-back for f-fluff weasons, pretty promise.
Fuck you powergaming fucks, I hope Crud will fix this shit up in 8th edition.
>>
>>49688859
Cult Ambush is the hardcounter to pod lists.
>>
>>49688899
Cruds not working on nids anymore, they gave them to Simon Grant.
>>
I think the problem is people are picturing Genestealer Cults arriving from ambush as deep striking, where they have to be all bunched up in b2b contact.

It's not Deep Strike. They can set up spread in wide conga-line pattern and cover a massive area. Acolytes and Purestrains are on 32mm bases, too.
>>
>>49688899
GSC are just as good of allies with IG as they are with Tyranids. They're radically different armies, with radically different playstyles, and radically different aesthetics.

GSC are top tier. They might very well be the best army in 40k now. They're going to be hideously unfun and repetitive to play against.
>>
So small question, why are there feral and feudal worlds in the Imperium?

You'd think the Imperium would give them technology and futuristic shit as well as their own culture and all.

I mean some feudal and probably all feral must worship some kind of nonsense god that doesn't exist, how come they aren't all purged or sent to Emperor Camp sunday school?
>>
>>49688934
>They're going to be hideously unfun and repetitive to play against.
The core rule relies on a random table, they're not going to be repetitive at all.
>>
>>49688164
From my (albeit limited) experience, GSC has the potential to be anywhere you want it to be.

But it isn't just a matter of *teleports behind u*, you've got to be discerning. It's really tempting to push up right into the opponent's face turn 1, but unless you're going first and can charge, those T3/5+ save units are getting BTFO.

I think GSC's real advantage, at least in the Cult Insurrection Detachment, is the fact that every non-vehicle gets Infiltrate. This means you get to see where all your opponent's units are going before deploying yourself, whether or not you go first.

A lot of the players that've picked up the army seem to assume that they'll be charging with everything turn 1 without fail, so they deploy incredibly aggressively, but then get shitty when inevitably the enemy army just takes out the units not protected by the aegis of close combat.

You've got to think with GSC, plan your strikes, and never leave anything in the open if you can help it.
>>
I feel like a lot of people who play the game don't realize how important or unimportant certain units are. Recently I saw a game where a guy podded devastators into a guard army and...targeted the Chimeras.
>Yay! I immobilized two of your tanks and killed a third!
Pasknisher, Exterminator, a Chimera, and three shooting squads later
>How could this happen? Everyone except my warlord is dead!
Bro! Those were not tanks! They were 65 point transports carrying veterans with meltaguns.

The sad part is that would have been an entirely valid tactic were they playing objectives, as that alpha strike ruined the entire guard army's mobility. Alas, it was killpoints.
>>
>>49688939
Because you seem to not realize the Imperium is horrendously disorganized and scattered. There is very little central authority, too much going on, constant wars, betrayals, uprisings, political scheming between different internal groups, warp fuckery, lost records, outdated ancient maps, and so much bureaucratic red tape you could wind it up into a tape ball larger than a sun.
>>
>>49688934
>GSC are top tier. They might very well be the best army in 40k now
Not even close to true. They aren't even in the big three. They're very good, sure, but the holy trinity is still a league ahead
>>
>>49688979
According to what, theoryhammer and armchair strategists? We haven't seen any top tourney players take them to a legitimate event yet to see how they can do. I'm not saying they definitely ARE the best army, but saying they're leagues behind the current ones without any ability to back that up with evidence is just stupid. The book has only been out for a week and no one has a large enough army painted up yet.
>>
>>49688939
Because maybe it's better if those worlds stay that way. Maybe it's their purpose in the grand scheme of things.
>>
>>49688886
What a load of bull. The max area any unit in the GSC army can cover is aprox 300 inches. And you can take around 6 of those units in an 1850 gam. At most you'll be covering about around half the board. With internal guidance, pods are still fine.
>>
>>49688949
>A lot of the players that've picked up the army seem to assume that they'll be charging with everything turn 1 without fail, so they deploy incredibly aggressively, but then get shitty when inevitably the enemy army just takes out the units not protected by the aegis of close combat.
I don't know how these idiots are managing this, when you already know whether or not you have the first turn (discounting Seizes) and whether or not your unit can charge before you have to place it on the table.

Thank god there's a strong army that takes brains for once.
>>
>>49688470
I'm just upset its not on a flying stand, game looks like it was fun though.
>>
>>49689028
Sure, bud. Whatever you say.

I can't wait til a good Cult player comes along and tables you turn 1 because you thought you could null deploy him.
>>
File: TAU MELEE.jpg (152KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
TAU MELEE.jpg
152KB, 600x600px
>just ordered my Weaboo Space Commie Get Started! box
Get hype boiz
what colour-scheme do you think I should use?
I love Tau but the default colours aren't the best imo

>>49688939
I suppose if a space-craft downed or a colony lost contact then it'd be pretty easy to revert to a fuedal or even feral society (depending on your tech available)
Emprah worship would probably stay at least 50% of the time though, considering how hard-wired it is into Imperial society
>>
>>49689007
I'm just telling you from personal experience. Because I'm a tourneyfag who has played around with the rules, using proxies of course, with other tournyfags. They're quite strong, but rely to much on randomness to be super effective, can control only one phase, which is also the weakest phase in the game, and can be countered by adding in an inquis with servo skulls, which many good lists already have.
They're still good, but not that good.
>>
>>49689034
I don't really understand it either, they roll a 4 or 5 and think that means they *have* to deploy as close to the enemy as possible. Why?

I've already profited from this wave though, 2 dudes who picked up ~1000pts of GSC each from Overkill etc, having heard they were the new hottest shit and could table anything, sold them on the cheap to me because they couldn't win with them.
>>
>>49689028
>t. some faggot who plays on featureless boards with no terrain, doesn't factor in board edges not needing to be covered, and thinks drop pods are single points in space and not several inches across.
>>
>>49688491
+1 attack, but a pistol can do the same thing for you.

But I think your guy can take the power sword and chainsword and the pistol all at once. Not sure though. Haven't read your codex.
>>
>>49689043
He specifically made one for it but left ot at home before the game :'(. It was fun as shit we had about four different players joining and leaving throughout the game. The thunderhawk and the mighty D laser was one of the most badass things I've seen in a while. After the turn it came in the Imperium took back the advantage and half of the board died. For the fucking Emperor.
>>
>>49689092
>I've already profited from this wave though, 2 dudes who picked up ~1000pts of GSC each from Overkill etc, having heard they were the new hottest shit and could table anything, sold them on the cheap to me because they couldn't win with them.
Damn, I envy you.

No one at my LGS even knows what they're capable of yet, they're writing them off as another flavor of the month minidex like scions and not bothering to look at the rules basically at all. I cannot wait.
>>
File: wBKowvw.jpg (372KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
wBKowvw.jpg
372KB, 3264x2448px
>>49689067
I went with a Tron style paintjob for them. Even made some custom fluff. Since I tried to improve the overall design as I painted different units some of my later stuff is slightly different but I've cemented the basic design.
>>
>>49689152
that's pretty neat

doing my best not to sound like a dumbass, how did you get the blue inside all the lines without it being messy as shit?
>>
>>49689086
>and can be countered by adding in an inquis with servo skulls
This is going to get FAQ'd out of existence by GW soon and we all know it. Even if you think the skulls should work, and I agree, we know they're going to say nope because it's GW and they already did it with the Overkill Formation.
>>
>>49689095
>half the board will be terrain.
And pods and the 1 inch needed to be away from enemy models are only 28.27 inches in area, assuming glued doors, so even if we assume that only 1/5 of the board isn't covered in stealers pr terrain, theres still more than enough room for a the average amount of pods.
Also, a 34 point inquistor with servoskulls and all the magic of stealers is severely limited, while pods don't have to even roll for scatter with in that radius. I should know, that's what helped win quite a few of the test games I've done.
Hail to the super friends baby.
>>
Very new to painting, what green combo looks best on Flame Niggers?

Most common suggestion I see is Warpstone Glow layer and Biel-Tan Green wash.
>>
Let's assume I can give an allied dread skyfire on any given turn, besides twin TL autos what would be the best generalist/anti-aircraft load out for it?
>>
>>49689172
Not that anon, but most of them look like recesses. So I'm gonna say a fine detail brush and patience.
>>
>>49689086
I see 2 ways people can perceive/play GSC
One way is the most basic level of playing solely around getting 6s in Cult Ambush, where they get that 1 game where they roll all 6s for their giant purestrain GS squads and wipe half of the army on turn 1, piss everyone off and declare them to be overpowered.

And then there are players who will build lists that attempts to optimize all the results on the cult ambush table for consistency in their list performance. So they will have contingency plans for bad ambush rolls and ways to protect their GS squads if they don't come on the way they want. Armies like that won't be as effective when they get 6s in ambush rolls, but they will benefit a lot more from all the other results.

Granted that's basically my impression after a quick read of the codex, nothing in-depth.
>>
>>49685584

I'm one of them.
>>
>>49689105
IIRC, Codex ruling was that you can replace your bolter for a Melee weapon and your bolt pistol for a chainsword or something.
>>
>>49689233
>And then there are players who will build lists that attempts to optimize all the results on the cult ambush table for consistency in their list performance.
There really isn't a way to do this, to be honest. If it were possible to take strong shooty options for Acolytes and strong Melee options for Neophytes then maybe, but as is, the best way to play the Codex is max out psykers and summon what you need for any given situation.
>>
>>49686835
>This guy costs 14 points and he's going to rape your face. Deal with it.
GSC edgelords are the worst
>>
>>49689237
How long ago did you start playing them?
>>
>>49689233
I 100% agree. That's mostly the two different list styles my group was building, since everyone took turns as stealers and their regular tournament armies. I actually fell under the first category and oh boy, can I say that the second way is far better. What I'm betting is that the real good lists will be a mix of both, focusing on doing all you can to get your melee units (first curse stealers) into combat turn one, while making sure the rest is prepared for any option.
The only issue I can see is that GSC are clearly a melee army. Sure, they can pull off some good shooting, and their abiltity in the psykic phase isn't horrible, but they're out classed in those phases by a different top tier army, and they aren't marines, who have the ability to take control of the phases their opponents isn't good at. Because of this, the better strategy is also going to limit the stealers, making them, at least in my opinion, a very hit or miss army. They simply won't have the consistency other top tier armies can have.
Also, deathstars will be their bane. It's going to fuck them over big time.
>>
>>49686835
>This guy costs 14 points and he's going to rape your face. Deal with it.
Good luck, I'm behind 2+ rerollable everything.
>>
>>49689172
Go to a hobby lobby. They have super, SUPER fine detail bushes. Bring a piece of your model to ensure you pick the one exactly the right size to fit in the recesses. Now take care of that brush, remembering to clean it out often and with soap.
>>
File: Mycanoness.jpg (232KB, 1072x1564px) Image search: [Google]
Mycanoness.jpg
232KB, 1072x1564px
>>49689317

About 12 years now. I still have my jump canoness from C:WH in the hopes that she'll fly again one day.

I painted this like 10 years ago pls no bully
>>
>>49689287
Fuck, forgot that spell exists.

Yeah I guess at the highest level the most optimal way to play is to spam psykers and shit out as many units as possible and pray for 6s so you can throw those units into the enemy like fucking grenades.

Good thing I don't go to tournaments so I won't be facing that kind of lists, I bet the army will look goofy as hell on the table
>>
>>49689231
>>49689172
Basically make the paint watery and it just falls right into the cracks. My earlier method was just painting messily then flitting back and forth over the crack with black to clean up.
>>
>>49689385
>>49689385
>>49689385
>>
>>49689366
I won't bully if you post your most recent models senpai

I'm waiting
>>
>>49686050
If you're going to go with Tau and want to play Kill Team buy the Burning Dawn box off the internet instead. Stealth suits are way less expensive than running the crisis suits, and you get a pirahna that you can also run in kill team.
>>
>>49689223
Also fot autistic fluff reasons let's assume I refuse to make it Venerable.
>>
File: Serasup.jpg (26KB, 251x432px) Image search: [Google]
Serasup.jpg
26KB, 251x432px
>>49689396

This is more recent, but the paint is still thick in places.
>>
>>49689483
That's alright, but you can improve it with some highlighting
>>
File: IMG_20160925_230257.jpg (86KB, 792x468px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160925_230257.jpg
86KB, 792x468px
>>49689518

Yea. I was just getting into at that point. That model was shortly before my shop closed and I stopped painting because I had no one to play with anymore.
>>
>>49689067
Anything that isn't blue or white.
>>
Lets assume I can give an allied deatchment Dread skyfire for one turn. What would be the best generalist/anti-air loadout for it besides twin TL Autocannons? Also is it worth my only ally Elite slot or could Sternguard work as well?
>>
Just got a Skitarii starter box, looking at playing Kill Team mostly. Mostly looking for a shooty warband with a Sydonian Dragoon. What would be a good setup for this? I figure I'd be relying heavily on Radium weapons for my bread and butter, but am unsure as special weapons and such.
>>
File: priest.jpg (11KB, 400x418px) Image search: [Google]
priest.jpg
11KB, 400x418px
>>49689609

Take a lot of vanguard. A lot of vanguard. Mostly vanguard.

Take an arc rifle if you need anti-tank and a dragoon is great all around in kill team.

But mostly vanguard. All vanguard. Maybe an omni-spec...but vanguard. See what I am saying?
>>
>>49690444
That was my intent.Looking at something like 10 Vanguards, 1 Arc Rifle, 5 Rangers 1 Transuranic and a Dragoon with likely a radium rifle
Thread posts: 438
Thread images: 33

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.