[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Malifaux

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 7

File: M2E.jpg (317KB, 500x646px) Image search: [Google]
M2E.jpg
317KB, 500x646px
Hey /tg/, question...

My FLGS has a lot of first edition Malifaux figures on clearance. I've never played the game, and I'd like to get into it.

Would it be alright if I got the first addition models, along with a faction deck, so start playing? Also, how do Malifaux players feel about using proxies?
>>
I can't answer your qeuestions but I do have a Malifaux question. Does the game support campaign play? Really want something Mordheim-esque
>>
Which models have you got?

The Malifaux general is here >>49605425.

Yes, generally an Arsenal Deck will have all the statcards you need, and then it's just a deck of cards and you're ready to go.
>>
File: Sonnia.png (467KB, 600x391px) Image search: [Google]
Sonnia.png
467KB, 600x391px
>>49682358

cheap 1st edition boxes are a good source of cheap minions such as witchlings who compared to their 2nd editon counter parts aren't that much difference , but the main characters such as sonia crid do generally look alot better in thier 2nd edition releases but its up to you, also be aware most 1st edition releases are metal and the 2nd edition is mostly plastic. Pic related is 1st edition sonia
>>
File: sonnia2nd.jpg (55KB, 800x457px) Image search: [Google]
sonnia2nd.jpg
55KB, 800x457px
>>49682491

and heres the 2nd edition release for comparison.
>>
If you have the 2E book be sure to cross reference the 1E stat cards. Check the Wyrd webstore and see if the models are part of the Wave 2 Arsenal Box. If you proxy make sure you are using the correct base size.
>>
>>49682460
Sure does! The rules can be found in the Shifting Loyalties book.
>>
>>49682358
>>49682358
>>49682358
Pst you forgot something.

>Books
https://mega.nz/#F!M9dyDTrI!eNYCwqvg4iPWy_z-M0P9dw

Book 1 - Basic Rules and first wave of updated (from 1st edition of malifaux) models
Book 2 - Second wave of updated models
Book 3 - Campaign system and new M2E models
Book 4 - not yet; if you have scans/pics please post.
Book 4 card pics: http://imgur.com/a/vJ5g0 https://imgur.com/a/tjdx4

Discord voice chat for malifaux chat and memery: https://discord.gg/xWkuFRz

Through the Breach Fated Almanac - Basic rules for the RPG set in Malifaux
Through the Breach Fatemaster Almanac - GM stuff for the RPG

>What is Malifaux?
Malifaux is a 32mm Skirmish Tabletop game, with a focus on completing several different objectives, while denying your opponent their objectives

New Gaining Grounds Tournament Rules:
http://themostexcellentandawesomeforumever-wyrd.com/topic/114900-gaining-grounds-2016/
>>
>>49682504
I'm honestly okay if the models look last gen. I'm just looking to get started on the cheap. And thankfully, it looks like I'll be able to.

The models I'm interested in is the first edition Leviticus box, which has most of the same models as the current box. Since I can proxy, it shouldn't be hard to fill in the gaps. I'm really excited.
>>
>>49682908
Welcome aboard!
>>
>>49682908
That is a perfectly fine way to start. Just get the cards and buy figures that the 1e box don't come with separately/proxy them. Proxies don't fly in tournaments but form casual play it is fine. Hollow Waifs should be easy to proxy.

After that build your Levi crew as you usually would.
>>
>>49682504
Why does 2nd edition Sonnia wear the mask?
>>
>>49683343
Because of her size.
>>
>>49683343
It holds Cherufe in check
>>
File: Crew - Guilty As Charged.jpg (221KB, 1290x692px) Image search: [Google]
Crew - Guilty As Charged.jpg
221KB, 1290x692px
I have Ripples of Fate pdf, where do i put it

pic is my jack daw crew
>>
>>49683343
Cherufe's a big guy
>>
>>49684064
Watermark scrubbed off?
Remember, be a responsible pirate.
>>
>>49684262
i guess thats the order number in the corner? whats the best way to do this?
>>
>>49684336
Send it to me and I can get it to the right people.

dmpc(AT)protonmail(DOT)com
>>
>>49683329
Considering I'll be getting the Levi crew, would purchasing the 2-player starter box be a good investment as well?
>>
>>49684336
Edit it with MS Word, Libreoffice, or whatever you like. CTRL+F and delete your name+email address+order number.
>>
I started Malifaux recently and I was wondering how the release schedule generally goes. I'm very fond of games that get a considerable amount of new stuff to keep it interesting and i'm concerned their new wargame is gonna take focus from Malifaux.
>>
File: 2016-10-07-164932_778x986_scrot.png (920KB, 778x986px) Image search: [Google]
2016-10-07-164932_778x986_scrot.png
920KB, 778x986px
>>49686323
They put out a bunch of stuff monthly, and that doesn't take into account the special edition figures that are released as part of a promotion, prize support, ect. The figures typically come in waves with each book covering the rules for one wave. In this case we have some Wave 3 and Wave 4 figures overriding, with Hayreddin being from Wave 3 and the Mokou Raiders being from Wave 4. November actually has less releases than usual as a lot comes in the form of the Sky Pirates crew box.

Generally you are never going to have to worry about new stuff not coming out. I have no idea what they are going to be doing with their new wargame. It is supposedly going to be on Kickstarter first, but we will have to wait and see what happens.
>>
File: Wokou_Raider.png (371KB, 555x479px) Image search: [Google]
Wokou_Raider.png
371KB, 555x479px
Wokou Raiders - yes or no?

They seem potentially really consistent damage dealers and decently survivable, but they're also 8ss.
>>
File: Zoraida.jpg (79KB, 284x320px) Image search: [Google]
Zoraida.jpg
79KB, 284x320px
Soup guise.

Schemes & Stones released the Neverborn episode for pic related today, andlistening to it as a Colette player, something terrifying ocurred to me:

Can Zoraida Obey Cassandra to Understudy Prompt from Colette to Prompt [Colette] with the Final Act trigger to give her Reactivate and then Sacrifice at the end of the turn?

Cassandra can (1) Understudy to take a Ca action from any friendly non-leader or Showgirl (so Colette is allowed) within 8".
Prompt can target any other friendly model within 10", to Push 3" and take a (1) action.
The Final Act trigger, on a Ram, gives the target Reactivate, then Sacrifice the target at the end of the turn.

When Obey'd, the target still counts their own crew as friendly, and presumably the Obey-er makes the flips and cheats for the target model.

Obviously giving these models Reactivate is not ideal, but these crews throw a lot of Slow and Paralyse around, so it's hardly the end of the world either, even on Colette.
>>
>>49684533
You'll need to pay the merc tax for all the units in the box as they'll all be out of faction for him.

Not a bad set to have but I'm not sure it's a great next purchase for Levi.
>>
>>49682358
i gotta know, is the desperate mercenary worthwhile? sure he's cheap but i could get a guild guard to do the same job
>>
>>49691237
No, I could only see you using them with a couple of outcast masters. They are the weakest guys in the fluff for a reason.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.