[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/epg/ - Eclipse Phase General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 323
Thread images: 47

File: epg.png (2MB, 836x1777px) Image search: [Google]
epg.png
2MB, 836x1777px
>Eclipse Phase PDFs
http://robboyle.wordpress.com/eclipse-phase-pdfs
>Transhumanity's FATE (FATE Conversion)
http://www.mediafire.com/download/ae113ujgd3hggpl/Transhumanitys_FATE.pdf
>X-Risks and After The Fall
https://mega.nz/#F!KwcS0bJK!9KLjZegzebaq-mlPUin45Q

PLAY AIDS:
>10 things you should know about Eclipse Phase
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Qnrh0w7H0Jl2_CSsySRxcs4ugw27xsBIk5MYwXq2nDQ/edit
>Advice for new players and GMs
http://pastebin.com/e0EErN6X
>Eclipse Phase hacking cheet sheet
http://www.mediafire.com
>Online character creator
http://eclipsephase.next-loop.com/Creator/version4/index.php
/view/?axe1vs35muk4juh
>Eclipse Phase xls Character sheet
https://sites.google.com/site/eclipsephases/home/cabinet
>Downloadable Character Creator
http://www.mediafire.com/file/5wr4yo6bdymuijr/Agency.exe
>Singularity: The Official Character Creator
http://www.mediafire.com/file/fsmkm846acu6kcy/singularity.zip

COMMUNITY CONTENT:
>3 new adventures for your use in convenient PDF form
http://awdaberton.wordpress.com/about/
>Ander's Sandberg's Eclipse Phase fanmade content, including several modules
http://www.aleph.se/EclipsePhase/
>Farcast: An Eclipse Phase yearblog full of items, locations, NPCs, and plot hooks
http://www.mediafire.com/download/dhqd1m83xc1wmpj/Farcast_Yearblog_2013.pdf
>The Ultimate's Guide to Combat
http://eclipsephase.com/sites/default/files/UltimatesGuideToCombat11a.pdf
>Seedware: Another Yearblog
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/36317552/Seedware%20Blog.pdf

/EPG/ HOMEBREW CONTENT
https://docs.google.com/document/d/19Gy02gp6-WPQ3SoN_24kLPTUu5EjFO8qh_9pjJSVrrY/edit

Previous Thread: >>49622497

Are you the rare sort that's actually played the game? How did it go?
>>
File: 1450622723258.jpg (278KB, 660x1365px) Image search: [Google]
1450622723258.jpg
278KB, 660x1365px
>>
>>49676933
>Are you the rare sort that's actually played the game?

Yes. Played and ran.

>How did it go?

Good experiences with my home group and mixed reception with just internet people. Campaign is on a brief hiatus while one of the players is buried in schoolwork.
>>
>>49677546
Neat. What kind of game?
>>
>>49677557

Currently, pretty standard Firewall campaign like a lot of people do. Something weird and it don't look good, who you gonna call? Firewall.

But I've worked in a lot of themes and elements also in Call of Cthulhu or Delta Green - played a lot with Hastur and the King In Yellow and making players question what is "real" and what is "fiction", played around a lot with experiences in AR, VR and Petals, and also with psychosurgery, basilisk hacks and psi and kind of ways your memories and perception can be played with.
>>
>>49676933
>Are you the rare sort that's actually played the game? How did it go?
I've played twice, one was a one-shot about running away from pissed off ultimates on Ceres(don't really remember many details). The other was about the PCs being hired to do some sensitive scavenging for stacks in the belt for a small hypercorp's owner. Never got past session one due to scheduling hell, and I suspect because one player got real salty about his sniper PC being outdamaged by a dude with a seeker pistol.
>>
File: fractal troll.png (481KB, 662x771px) Image search: [Google]
fractal troll.png
481KB, 662x771px
>>49676933
>Are you the rare sort that's actually played the game? How did it go?

Yes. I had a campaign that I ran for about a year before I shut it down due to players not showing up. I also played a campaign that lasted about that long because we played by text instead of voice, meaning it took a thousand years to do anything.

Right now I'm GMing occasionally for Eclipse Phase Missions, though I have my suspicions that the whole thing is going to fall apart when people don't run or show up for games, and that the whole 'living world' concept is going to be dramatically less interesting and fun than a normal campaign run by one person.
>>
File: Kinetic Revolver.jpg (164KB, 1280x746px) Image search: [Google]
Kinetic Revolver.jpg
164KB, 1280x746px
>>
How many uplifts would you say are out there? 1/100? 1/10,00?
>>
>>49679774
I wouldn't imagine more than a few thousand total, maybe up into the low tens.
>>
I had an idea for a campaign. I call it Eclipse Phase: Delta

In the game, all PCs are delta forks with little to no memory of who they are, up to 5 active skills at 40 and 5 knowledge skills up to 80, starting aptitudes of 5 rather than 15, no moxie and maybe, like, 500 CP to spend on skills and gear.

The game has a loos plot that's meant to be made up by everyone, not just the GM. Every character is assumed to have completed their original objective and are now left for dead.
>>
Why do eclipse phase players have such a reputation as perverts?
>>
>>49681780
Because to conservative-minded people, sexual freedom equals perversion.
>>
Is there any single organization in eclipse phase, from the solar researchers to the ultimates, that isn't considered an x-risk by at least one other organization?
>>
>>49682081
Let me answer that question with a question:
Is there any two people in the solar system that agree with each other on everything?
>>
>>49682081
Of course not. That's kind of a theme. Human conflict as a whole is the X-risk of the setting. People can't get along; it kicked off the Fall, it keeps tensions high, it keeps Firewall in a job. The issue is that now everyone has the means to fuck over their hab, their planet, the solar system...
>>
>>49682209
>yfw you realize that Firewall is like secret nanny software for the human race.
>>
>>49682209

What x-risks in general, then, are presented by the following faction's ideology?

Extropians
Titanians
Nano-Ecologists
Morningstar Alliance

These seem to be the most... well, the least 'crazy', such as it is, political ideologies, but perhaps I'm wrong; I'm curious how each of them could end transhumanity through sheer ideological inertia.
>>
>>49682361
I'll get back to you on lunch with the rest, but Extropians seem to have no sense of right or wrong and won't curtail dangerous research. Like seed AI research. Or nanoviral research. Or any number of WMDs that could wipe out the habitat at the very least. Remember, X-risks can be confined to a single hab or planet.
>>
>>49679774
I'd put it at 10-15% of the population. Uplift programs were basically where most personal enhancement and transhuman tech was tested out, so even research programs were quite big. Beyond that, you've got uplifted "fit for purpose" workers with indefinite contracts (particularly when dealing with aquaculture), and then you have transhuman family uplift programs growing their numbers (some run by uplifts themselves). They aren't uniformly distributed though.

>>49682361
>Extropians
They have a potential ASI running legal stuff for them (Nomic), and Extropia Now has publicly stated that if a TITAN wanted to live there and followed the (few) rules of Extropia they totally could. Biggest safe harbor for X-Risks in the solar system. (Extinction/Corruption 3-4)
>Titanians
They're an antimatter power run by a shadow AI network behind the scenes. Whoever controls the Orchestra controls Titan, and they might not be nice (or human). (Corruption/Regression 2-4)
>Nano-ecologists
It's a truth of the setting that complex nanotech installations go rogue, often inflicting havoc as their control systems emerge into alien and vastly more powerful intelligences than intended. Many of Firewall's precursor organizations were founded as "bughunter" organizations hunting rogue AI and nanotech. Using a lot of the stuff, especially on Mars with the TQZ is playing with Exsurgent seed AI fire. (Corruption/Extinction 1-4 depending on containment)
>Morningstar
Capitalists (Corruption 5) :^)
But really, Venus has fewer big risks than other places. The big two are the escalating memetic/soft power war between them and the Consortium, which could escalate to or drive Exsurgent weapons or reverse engineering, (Extinction/Corruption/Stagnation 3-4) and the physical military escalations carried out by Extropian defense companies (Extinction/Stagnation 3-4)

>>49682081
Sifters come to mind.
>>
>>49682361
>I'm curious how each of them could end transhumanity through sheer ideological inertia

Although the question was whether or not at least one other organisation would consider them an x-risk. I'm pretty sure that all of these would be considered an x-risk by, say, the Jovian Republic. Pretty much every organisation in the game has a plot-hook that is "we're doing shady-ass shit", and for those that aren't, there's probably another org that believes they're a threat to transhumanity based on political viewpoints and rumours.
>>
File: Major 5.jpg (69KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Major 5.jpg
69KB, 1280x720px
>>
Is there a genuinely good Eclipse Phase character generator?

I used the official one, Singularity, but frankly it's pretty shit, with wrong text on some stuff and numbers wrong on at least one trait. That might sound pretty but it's annoying as fuck when it's supposed to be the official product.
>>
>>49682361
>Nano-Ecologists

While they don't seem crazy themselves, they seek to terraform entire planets with nanotech, no doubt overseen by a (or many) AI(s).

Imagine that getting loose. I immediately think of the replicators in Stargate, or the Genesis Project in Star Trek.
>>
>>49685074
I like the Agency one, but it has some stability issues (sometimes crashes when edition packages)
>>
>>49683766
>Pretty much every organisation in the game has a plot-hook that is "we're doing shady-ass shit"

Except anarchists, which are universally good people not at all predisposed to piracy, repression and pillaging, and the Jovian Republic, which is obviously opposed to all that is well, good and free in the solar system, hell, probably the entire galaxy.

As much as I like the setting overall, the writing is sometimes so painfully shitty and the themes so hamfistedly politicized that I'm surprised the Jovian Republic hasn't been revealed to engage in mass baby-rape while the anarchists have invented a super-weapon against the Titans and terraformed Earth back to it's original state through the power of positive thinking and teamwork.
>>
>>49685144
>I like the Agency one

I can't find it anywhere. The official site was last updated in 2014 when the beta released, and the download link is dead.
>>
>>49685213
>>49685144
http://www.mediafire.com/file/ndqn7earmy9v771/Agency.zip
>>
>>49685192
If only they mentioned in a book the problems with the anarchists, like how they open themselves to danger by allowing access to dangerous technology. Or maybe if they introduced a faction of anarchists of an insurrectionist bent, and outlined some groups that engaged in that sort of behaviour. Or the evil monster that is the Titanian security services. It's all such pure fan-wank over how amazing the Autonomist Alliance are, and it never mentions that they're in any way bad! They more or less tell the reader that anarchy is for everyone, and everyone loves it!

Oh, wait.
>>
>>49685363

And the Anarchoprimativists ACTIVELY engaging in X-risk behavior.
>>
>>49685144
>>49685346
>Agency

Why does it start you at 1100 CP? It seems to be made for something other than the Core character creation rules. You also start with 0 Credits (instead of 5000) and all stats being 10 instead of 0, 5 or 15 (which all would make sense; you technically start at 0, but you have to have a minimum of 5 anyway, and the recommended way to spread your starting aptitudes is to set them all to 15 and then adjust accordingly).

Looks way fucking nicer than Singularity, but it also seems to be more of a customizable/automated character sheet than a character generator.
>>
File: remove transhuman.jpg (138KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
remove transhuman.jpg
138KB, 1280x720px
>>
>>49685363
Well, time for /tg/ to fill the gap, huh?
>>
>>49685508
For standard package based character creation (which is what it was made for) you get 1000 CP worth of packages and an extra 100 to spend freely. This is because background and faction aren't free in the package system.

Unfortunately you can't change the total, but it still works pretty well.
>>
File: ontherun.png (1MB, 1192x738px) Image search: [Google]
ontherun.png
1MB, 1192x738px
>>
File: Destroy.png (1MB, 556x1544px) Image search: [Google]
Destroy.png
1MB, 556x1544px
>>
>>49687124
Synthmorphs will never not look ridiculous.
>>
So let's say you're unexpectedly faced with a psi-epsilon Exsurgent who's wreaking havoc across a beehive hab with cryo powers.

How the fuck do you kill it? Please answer before I die.
>>
>>49688268
Start by depressurizing the hab. That should buy you a few extra minutes.
>>
>>49688307
Well, I'm sleeved into a synth, so that'll help.

Do we space it? Will that even kill it? Will that even slow it down?
>>
>2227
>Not allying with the ETI
Transhumans get fucked
Posthumans is where it's at
>>
>>49688327
Spacing won't kill it, but once its outside you should have enough time to rig a particle beam and finish it off.

At least, that's what you do if it stays on a predicable trajectory like Newton says it should. Now if it starts flying through space under its own power, then you're on your own.
>>
>>49688462
Are there alternatives that don't involve the loss of a couple thousand lives? I mean, greater good and all...
>>
>>49688485
If they haven't backed up recently, now would be an excellent time.
>>
>>49688268
Burn. Down. Everything. Kill it with fire and explosions.
>>
So if the Ultimates are, as a group, considered an x-risk, why are there Ultimates within Firewall? I just got done reading the section on them in X-Risks and I'm seriously wondering why they're allowed in anymore; though I dislike this direction they're going in with their writing of the Ultimates; I like the faction and felt like they functioned better as a grey-morality 'middle ground' between transhuman and exhuman than a simple 'WE MUST TAKE OVER EVERYTHING' enemy x-risk group.
>>
>>49689024
>So if the Ultimates are, as a group, considered an x-risk, why are there Ultimates within Firewall?
The Ultimates, like every faction, are not a unified whole. There are multiple subgroups within the Ultimates.

The one that tends to be a potential X-risk is the Overhumanists. It's sort of their thing; they think that culling the weak is the best way to save humanity.
>>
>>49689060

Right, but according to their section in the X-Risks book they are, as a faction, moving to open war to take over the entire Pandora Gate system like, tomorrow basically.
>>
>>49689024
Firewall is sufficiently paranoid that literally everything is considered an x-risk.
>>
>>49689024
Ultimates being an x-threat was actually a meme started by the Ultimates in Firewall. No one believes it unironically.
>>
>>49689159
>No one believes it unironically.
Unfortunately, AF 10 is a wasteland of hipster cunts, so plenty believe it ironically, which is basically believing it unironically but using a sarcastic tone.
>>
>>49689108
>Right, but according to their section in the X-Risks book they are, as a faction, moving to open war to take over the entire Pandora Gate system like, tomorrow basically.
The Overhumanists are the largest faction, and push some of the most extreme action in the group.

The second-largest are the Exceptionalists, which include Manu himself. They just want the Ultimates to be left largely alone until they can figure out how to escape the Solar System, and then they plan to leave everyone else to their fate.

The smallest group, the Iconists, are the friendliest faction to outsiders. They actually feel that the Ultimates should evangelize to others in order to bring them into the fold. They were behind much of the push toward recruitment that happened right after the Fall, but they've lost much of their influence.
>>
>>49689469
>>until they can figure out how to escape the Solar System,
For a pack of superintelligent posthumans, they're pretty fucking dumb if they can't figure that out
>Acquire O'Neill Cylinder
>Board it, make sure it is self-sufficient, bolt big engines to one side of it, point it perpendicular to the orbital plane (IE, up or down)
>Fire engines as hard as your G-tolerance will allow
>Wait for about a week
>Congrats, you have now left the solar system.
>>
>>49689522
>For a pack of superintelligent posthumans, they're pretty fucking dumb if they can't figure that out
I don't think it's that they can't figure it out, so much as they want to do so without risk of being followed.

The Exceptionalists fully intend to completely abandon the rest of humanity. They don't want stowaways and stragglers trying to follow them through the gate. They want to fully purge humanity (read: them) of all weakness.
>>
So what would be both the immediate and long-term effects of the setting if the Extropians were kicked out of the Autonomist Alliance for their vile slavery practices?
>>
>>49683027
I'd put it at 1/100. To put it into perspective, 1.4% of the US population is Jewish.

>>49680919
I'd go with Beta forks. Delta forks are a bit too much. They're pretty much retarded.

>>49681780
because pic related
>>
>>49690069
I went with 10-15% because that's similar to the black demographics of the US. Seeing as there are several majority uplift habs (Respect, and several others), and enough to have a uplift gangs and such on Mars. I think 1% is a little small, though 15% would be a big high end.
>>
>>49690069
What even is this
where are
why are there questions about

why
>>
>>49690129
Five percent then? That's the Asian percentage. There's plenty of Asian-majority areas around and enough Asian gangs.
>>
>>49690205
>Not wanting to literally fuck your fork-sisters to death

Just head for the Reagan cylinders luddite.

>>49690240
That seems reasonable enough
>>
>>49690270
You terrify me

maybe the jovians were right after all
>>
>>49690069
I'll admit I read the whole thing.

I'm now inspired. And, just a little, disgusted.
>>
>>49690578
>just a little
http://eclipsephase.com/octojean-veinous-gets-another-sidekick-means-its-nsfw-folks-ones-marilith-pod
>>
File: 1462813533232.jpg (183KB, 1600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1462813533232.jpg
183KB, 1600x800px
Is the system pretty good for other pseudo-hard scifi settings other than the default one?
>>
>>49690881
It's essentially Basic Role Play smooshed into simplified shadowrun, with some neat dice tricks and special rules setup for heavy Transhumanism.

If you want heavy body augmentation or replacement than Eclipse Phase is good. If you don't want that, it's not any better than BRP with some small changes and near die tricks.
>>
File: scared.jpg (156KB, 1019x881px) Image search: [Google]
scared.jpg
156KB, 1019x881px
>>49690837
>>
>>49688563
>>49688462

It's still alive.
>>
File: 4chanScumSwarm.png (138KB, 1236x1215px) Image search: [Google]
4chanScumSwarm.png
138KB, 1236x1215px
>>
>>49690069
This is not a character description, it's the manifesto of a disturbed mind.
>>
Why are there so little cyberware in Eclipse Phase, as opposed to, say, Shadowrun or WH40kRP? The technology is clearly there, whatwith pods and robotic implants, yet cyborgs are noticeably absent, and things like cyberarms, bionic locomotion, or headware hellguns.
>>
File: tumblr_nyy9dseVhp1ref3uio1_1280.jpg (134KB, 557x1000px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nyy9dseVhp1ref3uio1_1280.jpg
134KB, 557x1000px
>>49693696
Tyranny of the biomorph.
>>
>>49693696
They're not needed. If you want bionics than you can just sleeve into a synth or pod. EP isn't cyberpunk.
>>
>>49693696
Basically like >>49693811 said. There's plenty of augmentation you can do to a given morph, but why do it? If you can afford those fancy cybernetics, you can afford a new morph entirely that probably does what you want it to, or at least is bodily intact. If you can't afford a new morph, odds are you aren't going to be able to afford prosthetics, either. Cyborgs are very much present; look at synth morphs, especially the brain case one (I forget the name), which is literally a brain in a jar.
>>
>>49696055
Biocore
>>
>>49693696
> yet cyborgs are noticeably absent, and things like cyberarms, bionic locomotion, or headware hellguns.

All of those things exist except head-mounted laser guns (they're hand mounted by default, but that's easy to change). Mostly, they're a fashion statement because of how well biotech works.
>>
File: tumblr_nitakwiIJS1tb7wsuo1_1280.png (289KB, 720x1152px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nitakwiIJS1tb7wsuo1_1280.png
289KB, 720x1152px
>Re-reading MRG
>on entry on Chickcharnie
>"Owlbear Variant"
> mfw
>>
File: Aug Parlor.jpg (239KB, 1125x900px) Image search: [Google]
Aug Parlor.jpg
239KB, 1125x900px
>>
>>49693811
>>49696055
But what if you don't want a synthmorph, but still want, I dunno, arms that shoots lasers or that have an integrated railgun, or composite spider-tensile micro-hooks for climbing?

Fuck, I dunno, I can still think of plenty of reasons you'd want cyberware or bionics. Not everyone is interested in or can afford constantly resleeving. I'm sure a lot of people would just want an upgrade.

Also, it'd be something that could actually work with biocons, or certain breeds of biocons, at least. Just replacing your arm with a temendously advanced prosthetic is a pretty huge difference from manipulating your genes or killing yourself and create a copy of your consciousness in a metal abomination.
>>
>>49697814
>arms that shoots lasers
Implant laser
>integrated railgun
Cyberlimb with weapon mount
>composite spider-tensile micro-hooks for climbing
Grip pads

This is all possible
>>
>>49697814

A boatload of bioware can be replicated as Cyberware. This means it can be installed in Synths, OR if you're a biocon or hipster like you say, could be put in as chrome in a bio.
>>
>>49689024
Ultimates are blacklisted from basically all positions within Firewall which would give them access to significant amounts of Firewall intel or allow them to coordinate anything bigger than a single team.

As to why they're allowed in at all, is probably because as long as you're keeping them as field operatives, they're the absolute best people for the job.
>>
>>49691424
Time to call The Ferret, then.

Nobody will miss that hab anyway.
>>
>>49697814
Nobody really gave you the definitive answer to your question, so here it is.

The tech level of the setting has advanced beyond the stage in which it is in most traditional cyberpunk settings. These days almost everything that can be done with cyberware can also be done with biotech, and people tend to opt for the latter for a wide variety of reasons. Where biotechnological solutions aren't available, the vast majority of cyberware is unintrusive enough to not be outwardly detectable. Meaning people's neural augmentations don't come sticking out of their heads, and if you have a goddamn cannon built into your arm, it's still probably coated with a tissue graft just because it looks nicer that way. If the fact that the Scum use bare cyberlimbs as a fashion statement is anything to go by, rocking bare steel is seen as somewhat distasteful by the wider society.

Another thing is that there are quite a few technologies not found in cyberpunk settings that invalidate many cyberware concepts or at least make their use impractical. For example, sensors and scanners are advanced enough to tell if you're packing heat pretty much no matter what, so there isn't much point in hiding swords or cannons or anything else inside your arms.
>>
>>49698030
>>49698932
>That guy with sleek, ultra-high-tech cyberlimbs and cybereyes and subdermal armor plating and speedware
>He's no more or less effective than that Fury over there, he just likes the street sam look
I definitely asked for this
>>
File: AverageAlleyOnMars(orTitan).jpg (289KB, 425x1100px) Image search: [Google]
AverageAlleyOnMars(orTitan).jpg
289KB, 425x1100px
>>
One of my players wants to play an async; how many minutes into the first session, assuming it takes place on a larger PC hab, should he be lynched and his ego deleted for it to be realistic?
>>
>>49700939

I think I prefer image bumps to memeposting.
>>
>>49700958

Project OZMA did nothing wrong
>>
As a serious question, though, should asyncs not be allowed as player characters? I've never really got a good explanation one way or the other, just memeposting and being told to ignore memeposting.
>>
>>49701217
Asyncs make fine player characters. It's a pretty cool and characterful option, and the potential to be pretty strong with correct sleight options. There are a lot of "trap" sleights though, and they don't really function as a real character archetype, just a big boost to a researcher, investigator, or sometimes combat character. They also let you stretch cheap biomorphs and sometimes Pods really far.
>>
>>49701217

I agree with what >>49701407 said. Async isn't a primary character aspect - even the game shows several "flavors" of Async in terms of focus packages. But the right sleights give them pretty unique utility or functions which are always available as long as you have a meatbrain - even if you're handcuffed and naked.
>>
>>49701407

What are the good sleights verses the trap sleights, then, for each archetype that benefits from being an Async?
>>
>>49701476
Great sleights:
>Sense infection: it's the only way to detect novel Exsurgent strains, even if it has limitations
>Instinct: Shitloads of FREE time reduction on common rolls.

Good sleights:
>Unconscious lead/time sense: speed is strong and generally expensive gear is needed for it
>Grok/COG boost: Requires a weird stat spread and isn't useful in some situations but Grok can do things impossible otherwise.
>Pattern Recognition: This one is only ok, but gives a ton of skill bonuses.
>Mind reading ones: You need psychosurgery to replicate these, and they are vastly faster.

Ok Sleights:
>Psy assault sleights, sensory deprivation and psychic stab mostly: They're fairly weak compared to a lot of gear, but in low-gear conditions they can be strong.

Bad Sleights:
Almost all of the psi-chi options, and several of the other ones.

Generally you want sleights which give abilities which can't be replicated by gear, and below that; ones which give a lot of CP worth of bonuses. Aptitude boosts are boring, but pretty strong with the right skills. The weakest ones are the ones which are replicated by cheap gear, and don't stack well.
>>
>>49702206
Fuck, I meant psi-gamma for the mostly bad ones. They tend to be active ones which don't last long and have awful ranges.
>>
>>49702206
>>49702288

How do you feel about the enhanced creativity sleight on a morph designer, on top of general mental enhancements for it?
>>
>>49702332
I don't like that one because it has few rules about what "creativity playing a major role" means. It should help with that kind of thing, and the +20 helps, but I dislike how vague it is. If you can leverage it for a lot of other skills besides just morph design its worth it. IMO it depends on how good the GM wants to be a ton.

Disturbing morphs could also be a downside depending on the market.
>>
>>49702332

Enhanced Creativity is a very niche sleight. It's passive, so it can be really good to use, but it requires solid interaction with your GM and justification to use.
>>
>>49702401

Mm, the character in question is a Scum, so one man's disturbing is another man's fetish fuel there; the thought for the character was a Humanities AGI that was originally being designed to be a nurse in the PC; they were sleeved into a biomorph for a quick test run, but got infected by WML during an Exsurgent outbreak; they fled towards the outer system, and got found by a Scum firewall member. Some quick tests and working later, once it was determined the AGI was safe, they let them join in on the scum swarm--the Scum that found them being basically their keeper until Firewall needs both of their talents.
>>
>>49702443
It's probably a lot better for an anarchist or scum than a lot of other places actually, given how much their society runs on performance and art compared to the inner system. You could probably justify it in a ton of social situations and help with rep stuff. Weird art pieces, genuinely sick burns, all kinds of social showoff stuff.
>>
File: Nanotechnology And You.jpg (265KB, 970x1424px) Image search: [Google]
Nanotechnology And You.jpg
265KB, 970x1424px
>>
>>49702206
>not banning Sense Infection
>not using Psi Revamped
It's shit.
>>
>>49703558

Psi Revamped?
>>
>>49703558
>Psi Revamped
>Ultimate's Guide to Combat
>any other homebrew that adds bloat for zero effect

The oncology ward called, you're cancer
>>
>>49703601
>calling Psi Revamped bloat
>zero effect
It literally removes a psi skill, combines a number of sleights, creates parity between sleights and similar implants, and generally makes sleights actually worth getting.

Your copypasta shitposting is cancer, as is your general attitude toward homebrew rules meant to make EP's system less shitty.
>>
>>49703692
>n-no, I worked hard on it ;_;

Fuck off. The last thing this general needs is your self promoting horseshit
>>
>>49703558
Psi revamped has sense infection dummy
>>
>>49704513
>>49703558

There are also now non-Psi infection detecting tools, it does seem a bit silly to not give Psi it's due as an option in that tool kit.
>>
>>49704547
Indeed, sense infection is only better than a blood scanner when dealing with infections beyond what the blood scanner knows of, but unlike the blood scanner, doesn't tell you any detail besides feelings (and they're always spooky, so they're kinda same-y), and if they're an async. Presumably a blood scanner will have as much useful information as it's writers know of. (and between the Argonauts and their ASI buttbuddies and incautious firewall servers that ought to be a lot of info) That's for the biological nanovirus, but a nanodetector with database access is the same thing for it.

You've got the digital scanner as well, which works for infomorphs and cyberbrains, and has the same drawbacks and bonuses as the blood scanner. Firewall software with database access can do the same thing, but presumably only works on things passing through the firewall (including basilisk hacks).

Interestingly, there is no test which can detect a mentally infected biomorph, such as a YGBM or AoK victim. WM is also very hard to detect, even with proper tools. I'm not sure how many other strains besides WM can infect someone mentally, and then have the bio or nanoplague leave their system, but those would be very hard to detect as well.

None of these methods are foolproof, and most can throw false positives. With the new rules in X-Risks I would probably make Sense Infection an opposed test against the Infection Rating of the strain.
>>
Whats your favorite morph?
>>
>>49705224
Flexbots are super cool, but a little too expensive to use much IMO. Still, the number of things you can do with them is awesome, and can easily solve many problems in Eclipse Phase.
>>
>>49689024

Some in Firewall think Ultimates have the potential to be an X-risk.

Some are over blowing the threat they represent, advocating their destruction which is likely to trigger the Ultimates to really then become a threat.

Note the section where the idiot telling Firewall has to act now and potentially start a war with the Ultimates because he said so, because he thinks something bad MIGHT happen with little to no evidence.
>>
>>49689108

That section is written in the perspective of a paranoid Firewall agent. He has no solid proof, just hunches. It's a story hook that could go any which way.

The consequence of his proposed actions are far more grave.
>>
>>49700939

Is he mind raping people and leaving a trail of people whose seen him and know what he did?
>>
>>49702206

The one that removes distraction penalties can be pretty good.
>>
File: fabber_malfunction.jpg (345KB, 1000x562px) Image search: [Google]
fabber_malfunction.jpg
345KB, 1000x562px
>>
>>49704502
I'm not the one who made it, faggot.

>>49704547
Those should go too.
>>
>>49704765
>WM can infect someone mentally, and then have the bio or nanoplague leave their system, but those would be very hard to detect as well.
If WML can do it, so can other strains. Also, sleeving a fully converted exsurgent into a non-infected morph has essentially the same result, at least when they don't immediately re-infect themselves.
>>
>>49706276
No, but I was under the impression that you only took Psi if you wanted your character to die nearly instantly because Ozma has eyes everywhere, will detect you, and will kill/kidnap you at first notice.
>>
File: tmp_17133-PhijPZB-1782966903.gif (434KB, 350x200px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_17133-PhijPZB-1782966903.gif
434KB, 350x200px
>>49708361
>TFW I played a Lost intelligence analyst
>With paranoid schizophrenia, insomnia, and OCD
>Not once was my excessive paranoia and obsession with "MOAR DATA" a major hindrance to the party, though the fact that you could smell the crazy on me sometimes was
>MFW
>>
>>49708866

I was also under the impression that the Lost were not generally playable; between the mental disorders and the wanted status, they were basically just there as a flavor thing, nto a real PC option.
>>
>>49708955

I can't tell if you're serious or your only experience with EP is /epg/.
>>
>>49709108
/epg/ and a GM who is heavy into the hyperrealistic hard sci fi of the setting and is honestly not that good of a GM, but he's the only one we've got willing to run EP so.
>>
>>49709144

Well, funnily enough, Lost are pretty popular as PCs. You either get players who are probably of a decent quality because they're willing to screw themselves over with a disorder like Schizophrenia, or people just min-max with PTSD, OCD and maybe a weird Async disorder.

Know Evil is moderately iconic, we're a small community after all, that showcases you can run a Lost and any number of other niche concepts for a whole campaign.

OZMA's competence level depends highly on your GM. They might not even actually exist.
>>
>>49709217
>OZMA's competence level depends highly on your GM. They might not even actually exist.

Or they might be TITANs. Who knows.
>>
>>49697839
>Grip pads

Since when does grip-pads give you the ability to shoot grapple lines into concrete?
>>
Is the Singularity character builder worht the thirty bucks? Why isn't it free, considering how hardcore the devs are for their open source bullshit?
>>
>>49709472
>Is the Singularity character builder worht the thirty bucks?

No

>why isn't it free

It is

http://www.mediafire.com/file/fsmkm846acu6kcy/singularity.zip

>>49709396
Considering Firewall is backed by a Seed AI and OZMA still even exists, one reasonable explanation is that OZMA also has a Seed AI backing them.
>>
>>49698932
>For example, sensors and scanners are advanced enough to tell if you're packing heat pretty much no matter what, so there isn't much point in hiding swords or cannons or anything else inside your arms.

Yet the material keep mentioning concealability, and there's even augmentations that gives you the ability to hide shit. If what you're saying is true, those things are useless?

Also, while it's entirely true that a lot of bioware is simply superior to cyberware, bone is still bone and flesh is still flesh,

You can't make me believe that the punch of a fleshy Fury should or would be equal to a punch by a Fury whose arms have been replaced by fullerene cyberware, knuckles coated in diamond and with built-in microthrusters in the fist.
>>
>>49709516

Muscle Augmentation and Hardened Skeleton is roughly equivalent to a couple +Cyberlimbs, yeah.
>>
>>49709552
>>49709516

And pairing either of those in a Fury is better than say, in a Flat.
>>
>>49709516
>>49709552
High Gravity Augmentation is cheaper and does the same thing, like basically all the gear in Gatecrashing
>>
File: RK7JJ7k[1].png (2MB, 1193x738px) Image search: [Google]
RK7JJ7k[1].png
2MB, 1193x738px
>>49700939
>One of my players wants to play an async; how many minutes into the first session, assuming it takes place on a larger PC hab, should he be lynched and his ego deleted for it to be realistic?

Asyncs are extremely hard to spot, and the WML is notoriously hard to diagnose. Also, when using Psi, there is explicitly no outward, noticeable effect. No glowing eyes or balls of fire, no odd voice or whispers of the warp.

If it's revealed that he's an async somehow, he could face censure depending on where he is. If he's in the Jovian Republic, he's good and well properly fucked. Either that, or recruited.

But in most other places, he'd possibly face persecution and/or paranoia, but assuming he's part of the lost generation, remember that most of them were cut loose and/or released, and others just went underground.

And if he's not part of The Lost, then there's even less of an issue.
>>
>>49709599
Hell, he might even be welcomed by some groups or just treated like anyone else.

What's the Ultimates stance on Asyncs?
>>
>>49709516
An advanced enough scanner will let you see practically anything, but hiding stuff in skin pockets will defeat T-ray systems for example.

>>49709590
HGA is stupid good, but stacks with the others (aptitude caps nonwithstanding)

>>49709516
Eclipse Phase synthetic biology has some pretty nutty stuff. Bone might still be bone, but can be engineered to survive in the sun, and IIRC biologically extruded CNTs are a thing in setting.
>>
>>49709599
Lost is such a shitty background. It saddles you with an extra mental disorder on top of what you already get for being a psychic, and you start in a morph that immediately brands you as mentally damaged Cognite property to anyone who knows what to look for.
>>
>>49708955
They are wanted by a single hypercorp. There isn't anything legal to hold them in general, really. It all depends on the backstory you and your GM work out. Mental disorders are mostly roleplaying and just add good flavor. The largest benefit is that they get a bunch of traits in their background that don't count toward the trait CP cap. The tradeoff is that you must start in a Futura or suffer the 20CP snowflake starting morph tax.
>>
>>49709616
>What's the Ultimates stance on Asyncs?

I have no fucking clue. The ultimates are pretty extreme and ideologically isolationist, and anyone with their head screwed on right actually should treat asyncs like shit.

I love the idea of playing one, but from an in-universe perspective, if I was one of the people in the relative know (such as knowing where they come from), I'd absolutely support the idea of killing them on sight.

They're a ticking fucking time-bomb.

But on the other hand, the Ultimates may consider asyncs as a step forward in the evolution of man.

That being said, there's the even more esoteric fact that asyncs tend to exhibit very "open-minded" behaviour in regards to alien civs and so on, willingly going into situations that others would probably avoid. This ties into a theory about asyncs basically being moles intended to subvert humanity in one way or another.

Or that they're sleeper agents of TITANS.

I dunno. I would avoid the Ultimates if I were an async. They could go either way.
>>
File: CSI Firewall.png (1MB, 1195x768px) Image search: [Google]
CSI Firewall.png
1MB, 1195x768px
>>
>>49709616

I think it depends on the exarch/autarch vision the ultimate is following.

As far as we know ultimates are superindividualistic philosophical warriors, so that means that altothough they follow the same movement, they have few basic doctrines and everyone just goes as their hearth desire into transhuman perfection and challenge(I always found the ultimates very close to exhumans in this regard), so everyone would have their own philosophical special snowflake theories about the world and society.

So in the depends on which faction has more power inside the ultimates, and that might change as you see fit or need.
>>
File: meanwhile at cognite.png (162KB, 980x438px) Image search: [Google]
meanwhile at cognite.png
162KB, 980x438px
>>
>>49710684
>Cognite making deals with the Factors
I wish I could say this was a shock.
>>
File: ExaltCyberbrainvariant.png (867KB, 742x2017px) Image search: [Google]
ExaltCyberbrainvariant.png
867KB, 742x2017px
>>
I'm fucking done.

>anon let's play eclipse phase
>yes anon we are sure
>anon what do you mean flying there would take years
>anon what is farcasting
>wowee anon thanks we'll use that
>anon what do you mean our things have to be left behind
>anon why I can't do shit in combat anymore
>yes I spent most my points on gear and what
>anon why I can't do ANYTHING in combat anymore
>anon what the fuck that was a 77 on the dice what do you mean you have a critsuccess
>anon what do you mean you can stack modifiers
>anon what do you mean we can't remember how we died
>anon what do you mean we can't kill him becayse we don't want to
>anon what the fuck no way someone can do that "psychosurgery" shit
>anon what do you mean we have to obey him
>anon why are playing this scene over and over like it's groundhog day
>anon what do you mean our memories are being repeatedly erased no way that can happen
>waaaaaaaaah anon I don't want to do that why do I have to
>waaaaaaaaah anon why our reputation is never higher then 10
>yes we did not succeed in anything and did not do anything meaningful and what
>we can still build a reputation because we're just cool yeah?
>waaaaaaaah anon why the fuck your combats are always two rounds long
>waaaaaaaaah anon why do we keep being ambushed and killed
>waaaaaaaah anon why did that guy betray us he was our bro
>waaaaaaaah anon why the fuck everyone thinks we are retarded and refuses to even talk to us

That's not all. Cont.
>>
>>49711752
This shit sounds like your own fault, especially

>anon why are playing this scene over and over like it's groundhog day

That's just garbage GMing
>>
>>49711752
>waaaaaaah anon why we can't just go on an adventure through the gates
>anon what do you mean we don't have enough food we have a maker
>anon what do you mean it can only support three of us
>yes there's six of us and what we'll just overload it
>anon what do you mean it broke
>anon what do you mean there's no mesh here it's everywhere right
>anon what do you mean radiowaves can't travel instantly it's the future right
>anon what do you mean we can't find any settlements
>anon we are going to go explore that cave
>anon what do you mean there's no aliens on this planet
>anon what do you mean caving isn't safe
>anon what do you mean we are lost
>anon what do you mean we can't make an exit with explosives we'll try
>waaaaah anon why everything has to be so hard why can't we just use a grenade
>waaaaaaaaaah anon why the fuck would it cause a collapse it's just a small grenade
>waaaaaaaaaaaaaaah anon why the fuck did you kill us
>FUCK YOU ANON YOU ARE THE WORST FUCKING DM EVER WE'LL GO PLAY DUNGEON WORLD WITHOUT YOU
>I HATE YOU SO FUCKING MUCH
>>
>>49711818
It's a long story and maybe that's true. But I'm still fucking sick of this shit and I'm never going to GM for those fucks ever again.
>>
>>49708361
Even if you're an Async, Ozma might not give a fuck if you're either not a threat or incompetent.
>>
>>49709427
Oh that's what you meant, I thought you meant more like gecko feet. A spindle climber or smart anchors is what you want, though they're not typically implanted.

>>49711752
> flying there would take years
Where the hell are you going? Eris, even that can be made in about a year with a fast ship, or less with an M/AM courier.

>>49711818
This groundhog day shit it the actual worst adventure format. I'll fucking drop games on the spot if that shit gets pulled anymore. I had a friend who would do it a lot because he had bad prep and wanted to stretch it further.

>>49711840
The complaints do seem to have some merit though, you should have guided character creation more if people were getting a lot of physical gear and you expected to have a fast egocast. That said, there's so little information there I don't really want to draw any conclusions.
>>
>>49711752
>>49711840

I really don't want to judge without context but... why you didn't told them these 5 simple things?

>Eclipse phase uses a hardscience theme so travels in ship take months, most people use egocasting
>In EP egocasting works because your mind can be treated like digital data without much problems.
>In that regard, buy schemes for your equipment and more digital data that you can bring with yourself(increase cost one level or two if you want digital schemes from the start just to balance things)
>Then explain rolls and how do they work, people getting suprised because you rolled a 77 means that you either didn't explain anything or they didn't even read the third chapter of the book
>And if they want to go gatecrashing explain to them the usual dangers so they consider if they should use a synth or a pod or a biomorph and other equipment.

For noobs that go gatecrashing or into another dangerous mediums like Earth or Jovian space, I usually use a guide NPC to cover their mistakes with some convenient things just to make sure the plot keeps rolling, so in this case he would pull a maker out of his ass or magically have hardware electronics or engineering nanotechnology.

Although the "overload the maker","ftl radio transmision","reputation never increases although I did nothing" sound real retarded, even without context, and they sound like players that you should avoid if they can't really understand very basic things.
>>
What's the worst mistake a new player can make in character creation?
>>
>>49712427
Probably leaving Moxie at 1. The real reason to is to cheese the bad luck trait, but that dumb anyway. Moxie is great.

Upgrading aptitudes COO or REF with CP, or generally upgrading anyting but SOM or WIL, and for specialized characters, COG, WIL, and INT (Int is only a useful upgrade for resisting Exsurgent infection better). If you have more than 10 skills running off the same aptitude you have save points by increasing the aptitude rather than the skills. Generally this only happens with COG, thanks to it having 10 billion field skills attached. It also makes you better at defaulting, which might be useful in a very small party, but otherwise upgrading skills is better.

Buying a lot of physical gear, because it gets broken or left behind pretty easily. Software is fine, as are blueprints, but everything else should be kept fairly cheap. [Expensive] implants are a common trap people fall into. There's also a lot of always get gear, like Medichines and viewers.
>>
>>49712427

Not adding some points into reputation.

The nature of EP is terribly social, like one of the points is that the world is so conected that being that lonely weirdo can be considered suspicious, and being a no one makes things harder. Meanwhile a 40/50 in some reputation network where the other player didn't apply points will be undoubtfully usefull since reputation economy is very flexible.

using CP for money depends on where the adventure is going to take place, money in extropia can open doors and substitute or complement your reputation as you see fit, meanwhile in locus can be seen as heretical or primitive.

And, unless you work with firewall, get yourself a backup body or a better backup insurance. The basic insurance only covers the act of hosting your ego and letting it go as an infomorph, meanwhile for the price of a rifle you can have a synth body to start again in a safe place, or even have a fork of yourself for physical things.
>>
>>49712427
>>49712976
Adding to this, buying rep but not buying the appropriate networking skill to actually use it
>>
>>49713129

wait... who would ever do that?

The only people that I can believe capable of that are the ones that don't read the manual, but if you don't read the manual then anything bad that happens to you is well deserved.
>>
>>49713202
I've seen people who have used the quickstart rules do that, because IIRC with the quick start rules you just roll your Rep stat rather than networking.
>>
>>49713304

Oh well, I never used the quickstart rules, nor read them.
>>
>even the quickstart rulebook is 40 pages
I get the feeling I'm never going to get players to read this game. Nor am I able to wrap my head around it enough to GM.

Shame.
>>
>>49713734

Well you can always use pregens and modules to run things fast and smooth.
>>
>>49713788
I have a lot more trouble with the setting side than I do with the mechanics side (I've successfully run GURPS and Shadowrun in the past, EP's mechanics are nothing in comparison). But short of running... like, Jovians *in* the Junta, the setting is radically different from anything I've worked with and I don't even know where to start.
>>
>>49713839

Run it based on only your half-assed recollections and imagined definitions without referencing a book for years, clearly.
>>
>>49713850
Somehow, I don't feel that will be wildly successful.
>>
So, a character mentioned earlier; the humanities AGI-turned-async-scum. The player's gotten to the point of doing Morphs; we do some houserules to make investing in them not suck as much, where basically you get an extra 100 CP to spend on just physical gear and morphs, and that 100 CP is 'plot protected', wherein unless it makes absolutely no sense, you can reasonably assume you will have either a copy or a near enough copy (+/- 20 CP changed around) of your morph and gear when you farcast somewhere, and you have indefinite insurance on that morph/gear.

The player's curious what would be the best morph for htem; it has to be a biomorph because async, and they are focusing on, in order; medical stuff (especially genehacking/morph design), social stuff (especially seduction and networking among autonomists, scientists, and firewall), and then generic async stuff that isn't strictly for supporting either of those specialties; I have a few suggestions for htem, but they're kinda generic (menton/sylph/exalt); I was wondering what else might be neat, or if I should let them use the Transhuman rules for a custom morph?
>>
>>49713839

Then Kiss(Keep it simple stupid), put the adventure in the zones that you feel more comfortable or are more described in the manual, and from there you can learn along the players about EP.

For example; People waking up in Earth without many memories gives you the perfect excuse to have a slow exposition to EP, while at the same time you can use any equipment you feel like adding(old or EP based) and at the same time be exposed to the TITAN horror theme as you see fit because TITAN aren't really described nor is Earth itself(except mentioning that is constantly bombarding and is suffering constant climatic changes and mantle fractures).

Or just create your special snowflake space station of isolationist, and start working from there with usual hard science themes of space travell and social interaction.

EP is very flexible, when you read the manual I'm sure you will realize about this.
>>
>>49713886

I dunno, I feel like a lot of people who run EP do it that way.

The more sensible alternative is if you like the game, a lot of the modules have a decent amount of encapsulation to keep you from going nuts (Bump In The Night is alright officially for this, Dehumanize Yourself is a good homebrew one. Lots of people do Continuity though I never have), and then basically you kind of just wing it based on what you remember, and either in prep for a game or maybe during a game use the power of COMPUTERS to run a quick ctrl+f in a relevant pdf.

Spend some time just learning stuff as it comes up you'll probably eventually do alright. I've been with this game since like Gatecrashing came out, and there's still technical aspects I'm learning.
>>
>>49713927
>biomorph because async

Without trying to complicate things much, there is the biocore, which is a synth body with a biological brain in there, it has a social stigma with it(its seen as disgusting) but I'm just saying that the option is there.

Also pods can use async powers, but with a -30 penalty.

Because depending on the morph you have people can judge you. If your player simply buys a menton then people would simply think he is somekind of lab technician or something, if he buys a remade he must be an ultimate and if he buys a flat then he must be a bioconservative.

Anyway, if the adventure is going to make them move interplanetarily, they shouldn't worry too much about the body because they will lost it for sure, and if they're going to face TITAN threats or specific async hunters then they should also expect to lost their body.

Death is fluid in EP, not the end of the adventure.

Note: If they want they can buy a splicer morph reserve or contract a better backup service that let them rent a body after the backup or choose a body from a bodybank.
>>
>>49714067

*I was saying that about the TITANs because async are specially vulnerable to TITAN exposition.
>>
>>49714090
Unless if they get that dominant strain trait or whatever it was called.
>>
>>49714067

Well, as I said, there's some houserules in play to make investing heavily in a body not a trap option, otherwise I'd tell them to just be the cheapest non-flat they can because that's objectively the best choice if you have to have a morph for your concept.
>>
>>49709654
>HGA is stupid good
Then make it [expensive].

>EP devs are NoBioDegrees
Remove Surya
>>
>>
File: Oversight.jpg (115KB, 613x1589px) Image search: [Google]
Oversight.jpg
115KB, 613x1589px
>>
>>49713927

Kind of bumping the thread and this question for more feedback.
>>
>>49713202
The way RAW works is unintuitive. Your rep score is used to adjust your networking roll based on a formula which computes the difference between it and the difficulty level of the favor in question. It's the way it is in order to mechanically represent the difference between having a reputation (rep) and knowing how to capitalize on it (networking) but at the end of the day the whole thing could be simplified into one roll without affecting costs or balance by just changing the point costs a little.
>>
>>49709590

I took high grav augmentation and hardened skeleton.

When I get melted down by a plasma gun, the only thing left will be my skeleton.
>>
>>49713965
I'm leaning toward an Earth wakeup scenario. Would it be unreasonable to limit them to Splicers/Exalts/basic synths/etc (the more general stuff), or should I open it up more to "pre-fall morphs in general"? They'll likely be sticking around a while, so unless they find more morphs, they'd probably be in what they've got for a bit.
>>
File: Seed.jpg (805KB, 1300x778px) Image search: [Google]
Seed.jpg
805KB, 1300x778px
>>
>>49718273
2lewd
>>
>>49717515

Synths would have an edge on upgrades given that even during and before the fall, they had hard-core military synths that could make mincemeat out of any morph post Fall.

The downside is Synths are fucked on Earth if they don't keep their mesh access off to virtually everything around them.
>>
>>49713839
>>49713965

The core rulebook basically pitches the base ideas of starting on Luna and being Firewall agents.

That is, honestly, a very, very good starting point, because Luna by and large sticks by the standards of Old Earth, it gives you easy access to Earth should you want to do any runs there, it gives you a framework for handing out orders to the players.

You don't need to bother with stuff like ego-casting or secret ID:s and things like that until you actually need to go somewhere else in the solar system, so if you don't want to deal with it, don't.

You could run an entire campaign in the relatively confined area of Luna, which has a surface area far larger than the US and a population of 40 million, and never feel like you somehow have to go somewhere else.
>>
What would be the average travel time from Titania to Luna?

Without ego-casting, obviously.
>>
>>49719410
Mars would also be a really good starting point, although with less access to Earth and associated Fall-related issues. It's heavily politicized, however, so there's a lot of potential for "regular" political and corporate intrigue.

Of course, there's also the tunnels.
>>
>>49717515

>Would it be unreasonable to limit them to Splicers/Exalts/basic synths/etc?

Nope, not at all, on Earth you had most of the human population so by simple probability someone lived with a flat morph, specially in zones where there were wars, and everyone was rich enough to afford a splicer or more(or at least some level of genefixing).

you could even argue that since they are limited to what the law in their country allowed to have in terms of morph and implants.
>>
>>49717515
>>49719907

Also, it's basically stated, at the very least heavily implied, that in a normal game, it's assumed that your morph is your actual birth body - or at least that that is the norm.

The vast majority of transhumanity doesn't go morph-hopping all the time, either way, and limiting the starting players to relatively "average", more "human" morphs is pretty damn reasonable, I think.

There's actually a ton to choose from anyway, so they should only get salty if they were hoping to snowflake out even though they don't know the setting, which makes them idiots anyway.

There's a reason uplifts are a consistent "thing"; they were uplifted in those bodies, and even though they could change into a "human" morph and they'd still be themselves, why would they?

By and large, "humans" are going to stick to "human" morphs and so on. Players are as usual the exception(s), but it's not wrong to tell them that no, they're not; especially on creation.
>>
File: yAt1H.gif (753KB, 200x86px) Image search: [Google]
yAt1H.gif
753KB, 200x86px
>>49709144
>the hyperrealistic hard sci fi of the setting
>>
>>49717515
>Would it be unreasonable to limit them to Splicers/Exalts/basic synths/etc
Frankly, unless you have a morph budget or some kind of out of game assurance that CPs spent on morphs will be kept consistent or refunded if you lose the morph through circumstances not under your control, spending more than 35 CP on a single morph is going to be a bad idea. Especially for an Earth game, you either go balls to the wall double or triple wrapped anti-nano, or you go cheap and buy a CM and a blueprint for a synth.
>>
>>49721919
>>49721540
>>49719907
>>49719028

All right. Thanks, guys. I'm in the midsle of an exam crunch right now, but once it's over, I may post back here with more fleshed-out plans to see how much I'm fucking up the setting.
>>
>>49721540
>The vast majority of transhumanity doesn't go morph-hopping all the time
That part is true, but the part about birth bodies isn't. A rather sizeable portion of the post-Fall population are evacuees from Earth, and a good chunk of those never made it off-world in their bodies.

Then there's all the morphs designed for specific environments, like Rusters and Bouncers; those are fairly common.

I'd say that retaining your original body is relatively rare. The Junta even offers incentives for any immigrants still in their birth meat, which seems to imply that it's something special.
>>
>>49714872
That's overkill, just make it [High] like the Hardened Skeleton it's so similar to, make hardened skeleton give a small bonus to unarmed damage (like I thought it did originally), and drop the price of a muscle augmentation to [Moderate]. That's what I'd do.

>>49719514
176 days according to the table from rimward for a standard ship. Half that for a fast transport, military ship, or aggressive burn, and quarter it for an antimatter courier. In practice it should be shorter than that because AF10 Uranus is closer than average to earth, perhaps more like 106 days standard.
>>
>>49709859
Considering that the Ultimates have a dedicated subdivision for fighting TITANs (the Rajput), the upper echelons of Ultimate leadership likely know everything that Firewall does about the TITANs and the Exurgent virus. The Rajput are fairly explicitly presented as the baddest motherfuckers in the TITAN busting business, and you don't really reach that kind of efficiency without knowing thoroughly what makes your enemy tick. They also routinely send people into situations that Firewall and OZMA handle with orbital nukes, so they probably have better opportunities to gather intel about the real heavy shit (i.e. ultarviolet-class exurgents).

How the leadership actually feels about asyncs is anybody's guess, though. Given that the core idea of the Ultimate philosophy is an almost religious conception of an ideal human being, and that the Ultimates' hostile stance towards exhumans basically stems from exhumans pursuing perfection outside the bounds of that ideal, I find it likely that they view WML as a an alien subversion (which is what it is) rather than any kind of improvement.

A rogue sect of async Ultimates is an interesting idea, though.
>>
>>49722917
I'm pretty sure that the table in question relates specifically to the configuration of the planets in 10AF. Meaning Uranus' closer proximity is already factored in.
>>
>>49723425
It's based on the distances between the planets at their solar quadrature (90 degrees angle between the lines they send through the sun. I just took 60% of the time because they looked closer, but that's not very precise at all.

That said, it is kind of interesting to see a positional solar system for AF10. Pluto and Eris are seemingly pretty close ( they're both inclined though, and I don't know where their nodes are), while Jupiter and Mars are actually in opposition.
>>
File: outer-system-map.jpg (609KB, 1672x1288px) Image search: [Google]
outer-system-map.jpg
609KB, 1672x1288px
>>49723576
Don't know where your map is from, but according to this Pluto and Eris are at the opposite sides of the system. Innersys isn't pictured so I don't know about Jupiter and Mars.
>>
>>49723836
I used a positional solar system visualizer and set the date to early 2133, which is roughly within a few years of AF10, so it is mostly accurate for the outer system but not very meaningful for the inner system.

The map in the book doesn't really correspond to any solar system setup in the right time range as far as I can tell. I think it was placed for clarity rather than accuracy.
>>
>>49723902
>>49723576
>>49722917
Actually, don't mess with the travel times, the inner system to outer system times won't meaningfully change year to year because of how massive the outer planets orbits are compared to the inner system. Might be relevant for Neptune to Uranus though.

Use a to-scale visualizer, not an orrery.
>>
>>49723902
The table gives the distance between Pluto and Eris as about twice the distance between Pluto and Mercury, which would imply that the map is indeed meant to be used as a reference for the actual positions of the planets.

10AF sits somewhere between 2099 and 2199 according to the devs, so the potential time range is rather wide. But, well, 70 years doesn't really make all that much of a difference when it comes to the outer planets.

I guess the simplest explanation here is that the devs just fucked up.
>>
>>49724127
They tell the season and pole of Uranus in the core book, which means you can narrow the AF10 date down from that broad 2099-2199 range to within several years early of 2133, which is the date of the relevant Uranian equinox.

The table simply assumes that the planets are at right angles around the sun, as the writers state on page 182 of Rimward, but a solar system map accurate to 2133 should give you a pretty good idea of how to alter those numbers. Neptune-Pluto should be longer than the table says, and Pluto-Eris *should* be shorter, but thanks to inclinations may not be.
>>
>>49723836
The maps given in the books are for visualization only. They are separated like that so that they can be nicely labeled.
>>
File: snowcrash10ftvq8.jpg (162KB, 662x472px) Image search: [Google]
snowcrash10ftvq8.jpg
162KB, 662x472px
>>
>>49724127
They probably just took the difference between the semi-major axes.
>>
>>49722868
>>49721540

Like too many things about the setting, there's contradicting information on that kind of stuff (i.e. birth bodies and that kinda stuff). A throwaway line in the book, for example, says that your starting morph is likely the one you were born with, "though it may simply be another morph you've moved onto" (page 123 of the core book).

It's not the norm to have your birth body, but I don't know if I'd categorize it as unusual.
>>
Is there any sort of "perception filter", whether achievable by brain hacking/reprogramming, Exsurgent influence, or anything else, that'd make a person perceive themselves/others as something entirely different than they are? The example I can think of, and the one I'm basing on, is (SOMA spoilers) Simon Jarrett initially seeing himself as human, then the effect flickers away after Catherine's reveal. Mechanically speaking, I'm looking for something that'd have an individual synthmorph see themselves as a splicer morph and be fully convinced that's what they are, until it's objectively proven otherwise.

Is this a thing?
>>
>>49727567

AR Illusions could alter visual perception, and if somebody has subverted their cyberbrain like that, it's possible they can't access their normal functions like applying pain filters. (Or maybe they have pain receptors always off and thus don't even notice). A Masked Synthmorph can function identical to a biomorph also, they might not notice discrepancies.

As for actually missing it, SV damage or poor resleeving, actively editing memories via cyberbrain hacking could account for amnesia. Straight up Edited Memories trait to. Psychosurgery could also work, but takes a long time and would leave SV behind also.
>>
File: The Fall 6.jpg (116KB, 1500x825px) Image search: [Google]
The Fall 6.jpg
116KB, 1500x825px
>>
>>49727567
Psychosurgery definitely could, but you'd need to work someone over with a skilled surgeon to make it work. It seems fairly complicated, but doable.

Exsurgent stuff could, but that seems awfully mundane for the virus.
>>
>>49728148
Shit's not quite on fire enough.
>>
File: 6NfmQ.jpg (26KB, 480x445px) Image search: [Google]
6NfmQ.jpg
26KB, 480x445px
>>49728968
Need an Eclipse Phase edit of this.
>>
File: SalvageOp.jpg (99KB, 496x1544px) Image search: [Google]
SalvageOp.jpg
99KB, 496x1544px
>>
File: BarbedEel.png (854KB, 786x1010px) Image search: [Google]
BarbedEel.png
854KB, 786x1010px
>>
>>49725474
Even though it's mentioned over and over again in the text of the novel, I always forget that Hiro is half black. I still beat off to the part where Hiro almost gets sold into sex slavery as a whore aboard the pirate ship

>>49727567
Yeah psychosurgery and AR filters could do it. If you want to convince a synth it's a splicer, you can throw a synthetic mask on. Alternatively, there are all kinds of brain damage that give people totally crazy ideas about their body (such as Cotard's Delusion) that they can't change even when confronted with overwhelming evidence to the contrary.
>>
I was considering running an eclipse phase game, but reading your recent posts I'm not sure I want to anymore.
>>
>>49731407
Can't take the dicks, get out of the pleasure pod
>>
>>49731407
Why not?
>>
>>49731269
>Cotard's Delusion
where do you find this shit?
>>
>>49731470
1/2
>>
>>49731499
>>
>>49714067
Your really an ass, you know that?

Players pay points for morphs, and Firewall is supposed to provide insurance. Depending on where you go, Firewall should have a wide selection of morphs available when you egocast, you shouldn't get stuck in a splicer when you paid for an Fury.

Firewall should have generally have your morph on hand, especially if they expect you to routinely egocast.

Assuming you have a few hours/days, you can spend some time in a healing tank and get your implants modded.
>>
>>49731557
its just a shit thing to do to players, taking away their equipment for no god damn reason when they paid points for it.

You have an adventure where everybody sleeves as a surya? fine. You have everybody egocast to Titan as Splicers just cause you feel like it? bullshit.

Its no wonder your players hate you.
>>
If you don't want your characters sleeved in a reaper or fenrir, don't let them start with it, don't take it away after they have paid points for it.
>>
>>49731681

Your body is a shell. Change it. I fyou don't want to lose your body, don't pay for an expensive one. It's entitled fucks like you that drive people away from running this game. The changability and mutability of the transhuman body is a basic part of the game; it's an option at chargen to have a 'good' body to weed out people bad at the game.
>>
>>49731730
Yeah, you sound like somebody I don't want to play with.
>>
At any rate, I'm going to have to wait until after the election. This whole thing has got me so down. I feel like things are so polarized right now that you couldn't run an EP game without it devolving into a political argument.
>>
>>49731759

And you sound like a stupid punk who wants to be spoonfed everything. Go back to FATE or dungeon world you useless shit.
>>
>>49731965
well aren't you just a treasure?
>>
>>49732013
I'm an intelligent gentleman who knows what a good game is and how to play one, unlike you stupid punks who want your body insurance and plot armor and bullshit.

A good game isn't fun, anyway; a good game is one you win. Fun's a buzzword for 'shit that makes me feel good', and that's just your brain trying to kill you. You gotta get away from fun to truly experience life.
>>
File: 1472145076875.jpg (1MB, 3965x2560px) Image search: [Google]
1472145076875.jpg
1MB, 3965x2560px
>>49732171
truly, you must be the smartest, most intelligent most powerful being in the universe then. Teach me more, oh master!
>>
>>49732171
/epg/ in one post
>>
If a feminist collective came to your hab and offered to let you sleeve in the body of a beautiful woman for a week and get your clit licked all day by other hot lesbians would you do it?
>>
>>49733039
I almost think there would be a problem with too many men switching to female bodies to maintain the proper birthing ratio.
>>
>>49733054
Aren't most births artificial in EP?
>>
>>49733193
Yes.

And besides, going futa is just a healing vat and 12 hours away.
>>
File: 1455759272857.jpg (43KB, 291x720px) Image search: [Google]
1455759272857.jpg
43KB, 291x720px
>>49733193
>>49733216
Answer the question.
>>
>>49733305
There is nothing stopping me from switching back after they leave.
>>
>>49733340
no, thats the point.

Its just "Be a girl for a week".
>>
>>49733365
ah, you guys are no fun.

You'd probably all end up up fat, sweaty, hairy bulldykes by the end of the week.
>>
I would probably end up in the healing vat at the end of every month just to lose weight.

>Look here, bub. My health insurance says I have an eating disorder. So what if I spend the last ten days eating nothing but creme buche and buttermilk cookies?
>>
>>49733655
How difficult would it be to actually get fat in EP?
>>
>>49733877

Do you have money and or high rep?
>>
>>49733877
hell, there is probably a nano injection you can get for like 500 bucks.

Or you could be a dud and take pills for 50 bucks.
>>
>>49733877
depends.

Do you WANT to be fat?
>>
>>49733978
>>49734032
I mean from eating, not skipping straight to that.
>>
>>49734046
It'd actually be pretty hard, cause your metabolism and genetics are optimized, food generally tastes like plastic and real shit is super expensive.
>>
>>49734046

I meant mostly for >>49734092 when I said >>49733978 . To obtain like shitty junk food you're gonna need the cash or rep to obtain a load of the food. And probably the medical coverage to match and mitigate it.
>>
>>49733216
Objectively best answer.
>>
>>49722868
>Rusters and Bouncers; those are fairly common.

You could be born into a Ruster or Bouncer, though.

>The Junta even offers incentives for any immigrants still in their birth meat, which seems to imply that it's something special.

What if my birth meat is Splicer or Exalt, though? Aren't they basically just asking for flats?
>>
>>49734092
>food generally tastes like plastic
Can it really be that hard to nanofab spices and shit? Sure, I'd expect it all to taste "too clean" or "too perfect", like the uncanny valley for tastebuds, but it shouldn't taste *too* plastic-y.

I mean, potatoe chips are basically just carbs covered in salt and spices.
>>
>>49732171
>Fun's a buzzword for 'shit that makes me feel good', and that's just your brain trying to kill you. You gotta get away from fun to truly experience life.

And so the NPC Ultimate Traditional Gamer gets added to my Big Book Of EP NPCs.
>>
>>49736081
Most people in the Jovian Republic are Splicers. Flats just get the most attention because they're basically nonexistent everywhere else.
>>
Hey /epg/. you may remember me as the guy who was making the Pangolin morph. Well I gave up that after trying to figure out mobility systems. Basically, how fast can each system go? 'Cause it never gives a proper description in the core book.
>>
>>49736081
>And so the NPC Ultimate Traditional Gamer gets added to my Big Book Of EP NPCs.

Do they even have trad gaming in the transhuman future? Would and Ultimate even be interested in such a frivolity that doesn't involve blowing up things?
>>
>>49726926
It's the norm to have your birth body if you're not an infugee. It was mostly the rich who could afford to sleeve in a nice new body off of Earth.

>>49728968
It could be more on fire.

>>49731557
Firewall isn't monolithic. What you get completely depends on the resources the Proxy has in your mission area, sheer dumb luck, and honestly whether your Proxy likes you or not. That being said, there are reasons why we always tell players to ask their GMs whether there will be a lot of egocasting and whether investing in their starting morph is worth it, but still usually recommend against spending more than ~40 CP on it, usually less. If there is going to be a lot of egocasting, there's Morph Pool Rules.
>>
>>49737844
>Do they even have trad gaming in the transhuman future?

Within the hypercapitalist polities, traditional gaming is a small but relatively stable industry; traditional gamers benefit from continual updates to their products, pushed out by companies staffed by up and coming designers and simulations of the great designers of old. Tailor made ALIs are sold as GMs - and, less often, players - such that gamers can get their fix more or less anywhere, regardless of whether others share their interests. Purists, and bio-conservatives, bemoan this reliance on artificial players and the popularity of game systems that rely heavily on the Muse to handle the mechanics of the game. Others wholly embrace the possibilities afforded by post-Fall technology; the mechanics of their preferred games can be so complex that they are unplayable without the aid of a Muse or dedicated software.

Within the Autonomist Alliance, traditional roleplaying games are split roughly into two camps - the Titanian Social Model, and the games popular in anarchist habitats. Titanian Social Model games are often used as an educational tool, and heavily focused on themes of co-operation and mutual understanding. GMs are often rewarded for their time by the government, who exerts surprisingly little editorial control over the games. The "anarchist" style of games are broadly co-operative, with their defining trait being a rotation of the role of GM, or the abandonment of such a role altogether. Getting into games in reputation economies can be difficult; a poor reputation means a gamer may find themselves pointedly uninvited from a campaign. It's generally believed that, for every high-quality game popularised by XP casts and played by the stars of the RPG Circuit, there are a hundred low quality games being played by the low-rep "dregs" of the gaming community.
>>
>>49738116
Traditional Games have also been (in)famously used as a vector for memetic warfare. Parodies of the various popular gaming styles are easy to find on the mesh, and are sometimes published with the tacit support of a state actor. Most of these are considered to be of very low quality, with more care taken about pushing an agenda than coming up with a robust set of rules or interesting setting. ,Many collect the most terrible examples, and no political system has been spared - the anti-Jovian "Viral Life Cycle", the anti-Consortium "Capitalist Pigs", the anti-Anarchist "Project OSMA" are the most well-known examples.

One notorious memetic warfare RPG was generated by a pair of exhumans; the rules call for participants to undergo ludicrously dangerous psychosurgery, to sleeve into particularly dangerous morphs and to download AR software which turns all those not flagged as players into "NPCs" that reward players with experience points should they be killed. Most people give "FATAL 3.5" a wide berth, but there's an alarmingly large number of people advertising it as a game they're looking to play in Traditional Gaming networks.
>>
>>49738197
If it involves AR, psychosurgery and resleeving, then there's absolutely nothing TG about it.
>>
>>49738331
Luddite.
>>
>>49738065
What about just staying an infomorph all the time?
>>
>>49732171
The shitty thing is that I would generally agree with the sentiment, and the functional immortality of the setting and the relative plot armour is alien to me - I usually favour more hardcore systems, but you are clearly just an autistic edgelord and I feel sorry for anyone that has to play with you.
>>
>>49685363
Just letting you know, constant memetic and literal terrorist attacks by anarchs on PC territory on Mars, LLA and Jovian territory is well described in the Anarch/Alliance material to date including the main book. As well as their inherent X-risk and vulnerability to spreading external X-risk. And yeah, orgies are the most fun thing you can fade to black on in the game, until they find a mechanic system for describing VR games. Am I missing something? The PC is sedate, exciting and driven by corp-propped media figures just like real life, with indentured servitude and jail consequences that lead to more slavery in jail, honestly PC space sounds 'normal' (relative to Transhuman technology and their freakouts about forking and open source.) Where's this Capitalism bad/ Anarchy good everyone constantly shits the bed over in the books? Or is it just implied? Getting vacced because a committee disagrees with with how I play with infinity tech doesn't sound too great either, and that is an Anarch/Communal risk.
tldr: I don't think the book presentation of Scum makes them great for anything but orgies and nearly unlimited personal power...at constant cost of vigilance again pirates, Ultimates and the theft of said construction materials by other Scum fleets. Where is this literary jerk fest everyone implies the book makes for Scum being default other than for your Players with power fantasies?
>>
>>49739068
Hence:
>Oh, wait.
>>
Real question time.

How many of us actually play/have played EP?
>>
>>49739276
I'm in a game right now, it's my second or third game I've played in, and I also used to run for a real-world group. I may try to run something online in the future, but I'm too busy right now.
>>
>>49739276
I'm running it for my weekly group, played 3 times myself. Someone will run this for me one day, and I'm going to Ultimate out. Much of their lifestyle appears to be an homage to 'Legend of the Duelists', can't wait!
>>
>>49739276

I have been playing the same game about EP for almost 2 years now.

Its about an extrasolar colony, of extropian nature, populated by paranoid jovians, extremist anarchists, almost exhuman ultimates, greedy extropians and "don't care about politics" argonauts.

And its fun as fuck.
>>
>>49739068
>Scum
Strawman.
>>
>>49739276
I do. Played my first session this Friday. GM has us out on Luna, looking for a scientist. We're in for an 8-hour lunar buggy drive.

Oh, and we got the rover from a salesman that sold one to the scientist, after I pretended to be the police and then threaten him and then used Subliminal to get a rover for free.

I'm going to return it. Honest.

Good times.
>>
>>49733216
Do we actually know if most births are artificial or is that just what you think
>>
File: 1474585443468.png (769KB, 1312x1014px) Image search: [Google]
1474585443468.png
769KB, 1312x1014px
>>49732171
>>
>>49741529
No clue. We know that when a morph is sterile/without reproductive systems, it's usually pointed out. Suģests to me that most biomorphs can (and will) breed.

What I wonder is how compatible two regular humanoid biomorphs are. Can an Exalt and a Splicer have a kid? A Futura and a Fury?
>>
>>49741977
I don't see why not, to either case. Uplifts wouldn't work (except within their own), but biomorphs should be fine. Even pods mostly should, if not otherwise marked...
>>
>>49741977

If a morph is not sterile in any form then he/she/that can carry through pregnancy without any problems and the resulting children would probably be a flat.

One thing is the genetics your body has and other thing is the genetics your reproductive cells have, and by the nature of sexual reproduction carrying genetical modifications is something very hard, so hard that you would have to ask and raise the cost category of your morph several levels.

So its much easier to have a flat kid and then genefix him later.
>>
>>49741977

We've had talks like this before. Assuming at least one of the morphs is Splicer+, you should guarantee somebody with no genetic defects and probably gene's optimized for certain aptitudes (floating or static bonuses) - maybe some of the integral bioware. Assuming no GRM is involved, shit doesn't get really weird until you get a couple generations of "faithbirth".
>>
>>49742052

That... is exactly backwards. Somatic genetic modification(read: modifying a genome after gestation) is far more difficult than germ-line genetic modification (modifying a genome before gestation.)
>>
>>49737061
>you may remember me as the guy who was making the Pangolin morph

Nope

>Well I gave up that after trying to figure out mobility systems

Ok

>>49739276
Everyone replying to this post except me is lying. They're like every other poster in this thread: they read memes and concoct imaginary stories about actually playing the game based on what they've heard.
>>
>>49737061
Transhuman page 218
>>
File: Splicer 1.jpg (61KB, 339x800px) Image search: [Google]
Splicer 1.jpg
61KB, 339x800px
>>
>>49676933
Which charaacter generation method do you prefer?
>>
>>49744712

I like all 3 for different things. For actually building a PC for use in a specific campaign, 1000 points is pretty good for the amount of detail you get out of it, a lot of fine tuning. But there's also a lot of fun to be had in rolling Life Path and connecting the dots. Packages are a godsend as a GM, though.
>>
>>49744712

1000 points +100 Cp of morphs and physical gear with 'plot protection' applied to them.
>>
>>49743319
I assume you know that because you personally know everyone that replied, right?
>>
File: Not_sure_if_serious-1.png (85KB, 339x156px) Image search: [Google]
Not_sure_if_serious-1.png
85KB, 339x156px
>>49745005
>>
>>49731681
>If you don't want your characters sleeved in a reaper or fenrir, don't let them start with it, don't take it away after they have paid points for it.
Let's apply this logic to some other games, shall we?

>If you don't want your characters to have a wand of Cure Light Wounds, don't let them start with it. Don't take it away after they've paid gold for it.

>If you don't want your characters to shoot boltguns, don't let them start with any. Don't take away their ammo after they've spent thrones on them.
>>
>>49745507
The issue being the two examples you used are consumables. You can take away the ammo, certainly, or take away the wand once its charges are up. But I think what they're going for is more "don't take it away before they even get the chance to use it".
>>
File: Morph Pool.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
Morph Pool.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>49733877
Basic Biomods should include tight regulation between activity levels and appetite. Periodic overeating might make your body crave exercise or maybe your metabolism will shoot up, so you'll be sweaty for a while. Continued high intake causes an increase in 5-HT3 receptors.

>>49745005
Read this pdf.
>>
Why would you ever start with a Fury morph?
>>
>>49745979

I have. It's a good idea but I prefer to just 'wing it' with mine; it fits our group better.

>>49745456

I'm perfectly serious.
>>
>>49744173
She is into fisting.

I can tell just by looking at her.
>>
Do women with biomods still get their period?

Is mars the only place where you still have to pay for tampons and toilet paper?
>>
>>49746701
Basic Biomods include perfect reversible birth control, so probably not.

The inner system uses the three shells.
>>
File: duff1.png (149KB, 497x802px) Image search: [Google]
duff1.png
149KB, 497x802px
>>49747001
>Homer walks in
>Sees 3 shells
>cut to him being loaded into an ambulance
>>
>>49747001
what does the outer rim use?
>>
>>49746566
Nice to see you know how to look in a mirror :^)
>>
File: 1473876124147.jpg (319KB, 1920x1318px) Image search: [Google]
1473876124147.jpg
319KB, 1920x1318px
Remades are the best general morphs. Exalts can fight me.
>>
>>49747394
>>>r/emades
>>
>>49745565
>The issue being the two examples you used are consumables
That is exactly the issue. In Eclipse Phase, morphs are consumables.
>>
Is there any hope of good guys winning anything?
>>
>>49748290
That's like calling a tank or tactical nuke consumable. Or to compare to other games, a tremendously expensive armor.

Depending on your character, morphs are definitely not regular consumables.
>>
>>49743200

I thought that before, but modifying a child in the womb is not without its own problems either, if you fuck up something in the baby metabolism or morphological design in the womb you would get either an abortion or a drooling genetic freak.

Most babies come from exowombs, where they're designed with mathematical algorithm and the gametes have been tested in controled enviroments to have a certain genetic load so the resulting morph will have the desired phenotype.

BUT no one can garantee you that mixing the gametes of one modified morph with another random genetically modified morph will yield a sucessfull baby. In fact, if we take into account that two genetically modified morph can be considered a race or new homo species, carrying that baby would probably be truly problematic; from two mentons whose babys head is so big that it just can't go throught the birth canal to the result of mixing a fury and a remade where the mutations in the gametes and the genetica modifications in each parent are so extensive, that the baby would be born with spina bifida+microcephalia+several metabolic disorders, and thats if the baby can make it throught the whole pregnancy.

Although the real problem here is that in EP the workings of how biology works are never described, probably for the same reason space combat is also never described, so you get some "magical" things here and there like medichines being a "solution for all illness no matter its nature" or all biological modifications are done in vats without really explaining why.

But its understandable, this is not GURPS.
>>
>>49750145
What do you mean?
>>
>>49750145

This is somewhat like 40k. Someone winning anything breaks the status quo and forces some cooperation between other factions limiting the storytelling of the master.

The best thing you can get are plothooks that are around all the manuals to sugest ideas, so the task is left to the GM.
>>
>>49750193
Anon, really - it's literally the premise of the setting.
>>
>>49750209
Nothing major, really. Even delivering a token serial killer to justice would do.
>>49750210
So evil doesn't have to win everything forever, like in Earth 3?
>>
>>49750145
Yes, although it depends on what you mean by "good" and "winning" - the general premise of the game is that you're playing good guys who are keeping transhumanity from extinction, so in that reagrds, the game assumes that some good guys are going to win.
>>
>>49750145
Given that the good guys of the setting are the autonomists yes, they are. The setting implies the Planetary Consortium will inevitably collapse in on itself (see the entry on the PC in the Firewall book), and Luna and Venus will all inevitably switch to reputation economies, the Jovians will eventually just wither away in significance and importance, and then everyone will live in an anarchist utopia where there's no crime or poverty anymore.
>>
>>49750460
Then why do the short stories always end with the protagonists dying horribly (or worse)?
>>49750494
But that's not true. I've played Bioshock, so I know that human weakness ruins any attempt at utopia. Where are the real good guys, like the police or the firemen?
>>
>>49750536
Police and firemen? What are you, a fucking Luddite? We have evolved beyond such trivial things as those in grorious anarchist utopia.
>>
>>49750494
>Given that the good guys of the setting are the autonomists

Will this meme ever die?

The manuals are written through the vision of firewall agents so they think they are the good guys, but they themselve recognize that in reality they are too overstreched, understaffed and undersupplied for the task, while they themselves recognize that the anarchists are too exposed to X-risk and subversive elements and tend to end up having logistical problems like getting ice.

And thats not considering other factors that are overpassed like the abundance of drugs and life-like entertaiment, 20-30% of anarchist population must be conformed by junkies that do not work, and the rest who do the work that no one else wants tend to leave it to AIs and basically unatended(yeah, gamefying boring stuff doesn't work).

Meanwhile, the planetary consortium, with all its faults, is functioning stable goverment that protects its people and you're basically well off if you live within the confines of the PC with cornucopia machines for every respectable citizen.

Or the Jovian republic, where you not only are safer than in the rest of the solar system but also live in a place with the best medical systems in the solar system and you have a sense of belonging and pride that rivals the euphoria people felt in Germany in 1933.

Anarchists are only good in the setting because all the subjective views dismiss their problems by justfying it with "well at least we are so free that..." and overview their own fundamental flaws in their system.
>>
>>49750536
>Then why do the short stories always end with the protagonists dying horribly (or worse)?

Because death isn't really the end of it in Eclipse Phase.
>>
>>49750599

>Will this meme ever die?

When the game devs stop slapping it around in every single one of their books (except Gatecrashing).

They went all out in X-Risks with that stupid essay about hypercapitalism as an X-Risk, and the conspicuous absence of autonomist-based X-risks. The crime book will inevitably have some guy drone on for about four pages about why capitalism is the sole source for crime, and meanwhile autonomists have evolved beyond such barbaric things as individual want or need, so the book never touches on crime outside the inner system or Jove.
>>
>>49750664
>hypercapitalism as an X-Risk

That was only a note page for a plothook, not inherently part of the game you dumbfuck.

And we had autonomist based X-risks, hello? Anarchoprimitivists with subverted TITAN nanotechnology?

Do we take all the Ozhma theories as part of the setting too?
>>
>>49750782
>And we had autonomist based X-risks, hello? Anarchoprimitivists with subverted TITAN nanotechnology?

Nope, those are just neo-primitives who aren't at all linked to any autonomist group. Try again, dicksponge.
>>
>>49750810

So the autonomist are not anarchists right?

Then I guess the minervan fleet is not jovian, the martian X-risks are not related to the planetary consortium and Wahols cult is not in the Lunar-Lagrange faction.

By your logic, there are no X-risks asociated to anyone, so the devs simply couldn't create faction specific X-risks.
>>
>>49750828
Green Death is far more biocon and neo-primitive, nothing about it relates it to the Autonomist Alliance or any anarchists at all. It's explicitly a radical anti-technology group, that's it. So yes, there are actually TWO bicon x-risks, Minerva and Green Death.

An actual autonomist x-risk would be a particularly violent Barsoomian sect bent on overthrowing the "Martian oligarchy" by any means necessary, or the Jovian Anarchist Cells.
>>
>>49750246
Well from that perspective, good guys win all the time
>>
>>49750618
Neither is getting raped by an exsurgent white whale and forced to spawn abominations forever.

Neither is getting mind hacked to summon a TITAN through a Pandora Gate.
>>
>>49750869

So, if X-risks are related to ideology, and not faction? How could they do an autonomist X-risk?

Also, what do you think neo-primitivist are? Progoverment defenders? They are as much anarchistic as the rest of the anarchist of the EP political fauna.

Its like saying that voluntarysm is not anarcho capitalism,
>>
>>49750618
>Because death isn't really the end of it in Eclipse Phase.

Seriously, how many times does it have to be said before people fucking understand this?

Do you have this much trouble accepting the premise "magic is a thing that exists" in fantasy settings?
>>
Supossing the world of Eclipse phase suddenly becomes real and becomes subject to what would really happen if things were exactly like they are described in the manuals, what do you think would happen? Would humanity be obliterated by TITANs? Or would the political situation become stable?

Or Locus would explode from a nuclear bomb after 5 seconds of this world being real?
>>
>>49750828
>So the autonomist are not anarchists right?

The Anarchists are part of the Autonomist Alliance, but not every member of the Autonomist Alliance is an anarchist. This is why the Autonomist Alliance don't have a huge amount of shit that they agree on.
>>
How fast do after market mobility systems go?
>>
File: free ceres.gif (1MB, 492x490px) Image search: [Google]
free ceres.gif
1MB, 492x490px
>>49751802
>Supossing the world of Eclipse phase suddenly becomes real and becomes subject to what would really happen if things were exactly like they are described in the manuals

I'm guessing the answer would be "the faction I like the most survives and kills all their enemies!", with endless variations on that theme, because it's only down to the biased authors not writing what would really happen that prevents transhumanity being united underneath the AA / Jovians / Planetary Consortium / Ultimates. Or something like that.
>>
>>49751802
Both the TITANs and the exsurgent virus would be crippled by our laws of physics. Super AIs and super pathogens can't survive in a Slow Zone.
>>
>>49752156
Uniting humanity seems unrealistic in the space age.
Also we need a new thread.
>>
>>49751864
>but not every member of the Autonomist Alliance is an anarchist

Seemingly correct, so we can agree that you can't really create an autonomist specific X-risk? At least not without accepting that it would inmedietly stop being autonomist from second 0.

And making an ideology focus X-risk with anarchistic roots is something you might already find under exhumans, who not only lack goverment but tend to work collectively to transced the idea of goverment(and humanity in general), or the Green Dearth, which is also idologically based around the elimination of organized hierarchies in favour of leaderships.
>>
>>49752860
>Seemingly correct, so we can agree that you can't really create an autonomist specific X-risk?

Personally, yeah, I'd go with that - the Autonomist Alliance is mostly an alliance of mutual protection and convenience that get along because of the threat of the Jovians and the Planetary Consortium. An Extropia-flavoured x-risk will taste very different from a Titanian flavoured one.

Also, somebody make a new thread with a catchy title.
Thread posts: 323
Thread images: 47

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.