[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Official MTG Snowstorm/Lore Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 321
Thread images: 36

File: Ka v Ivander.png (1MB, 1295x983px) Image search: [Google]
Ka v Ivander.png
1MB, 1295x983px
The final rounds are beginning >>49616133

Last Thread: >>49569249

Previous Thread Writefagging: None.

Summon Gaia Anon to have your shit OC added to the repository.

>Current Repository
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-bqTtfMpEHWVUI5dURzakE4VWc
>>
You put up the match-up image instead of the collection sheet. I'm honored. The rules for the rest of the Ice Age will be reposted again here in a moment. The post that begins this Round is copied here:

Welcome to Round Five. Two Hundred and Twenty Two Snowflakes are now only Eight.
The first match-up is as follows:

>Ka'Koarm
https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0Bwl7IuoVRkFxdGYxbF9rWGJMdHM?tid=0Bwl7IuoVRkFxUDZRVGVfQ1BDbm8

Ka'Koarm defeated the following Flakes over the course of the Ice Age:
>Round One: Sajek
>Round Two: Iohannes
>Round Three: Varametra
>Round Four: Narimi and Andromeda

>Ivander
https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0Bwl7IuoVRkFxenY5MlJDWl9pNW8?tid=0Bwl7IuoVRkFxUDZRVGVfQ1BDbm8
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1FMdDLd9KGzA_FvX00IM9r3IquhBYW-jAzAs1soVJcX8/edit

Ivander defeated the following Flakes over the course of the Ice Age:

>Round One: Ivander was given a bye when Unit IV was disqualified.
>Round Two: Sonia
>Round Three: Sumarru
>Round Four: Tok and Del

The first battle of the Quarterfinals begins...
DISCUSS!
>>
File: Vanguard AtO.jpg (151KB, 354x504px) Image search: [Google]
Vanguard AtO.jpg
151KB, 354x504px
>>49616295
The Rules from now on are slightly different:

>During each round, flakes will be assigned to random opponents in single-elimination tournament fashion.
>Flakes will be treated as though they are all neowalkers in order to create a balance of power.
>Flakes with meme-levels of power will be treated as though they weren’t.
>During each round, small groups of flake match-ups will be revealed
>Arguments and votes will be taken from the thread over which flake is likely to prevail over the other.
>Discussion in the thread now takes a greater deal of importance: polls will only be released after a considerably reasonable amount of serious discussion has taken place.
>Polls will be up for 24 hours after their opening.
>Polls that appear to have been tampered with will result in a replay of that match.
>Ties will be broken by chance.
>After each round, the flakes that move on will be re-randomized on the roster to make match-ups unpredictable.
>>
>>49616252
I'm voting for Ivander because I still like Puppers over Digimon 2.0
>>
>>49616343
This is a perfect example for why I changed the rules, so I'll quote this one:

>Discussion in the thread now takes a greater deal of importance: polls will only be released after a considerably reasonable amount of serious discussion has taken place.

Nonsense no longer matters. Polls will no longer open unless I see some legitimate reasons to select a winner.
>>
>>49616295
>forgetting Ka's character breakdown sheet
every time

>>49616374
Are you sure? I mean, with how things have been going that might be a very, very, long time. Maybe a two day maximum limit or something?
>>
>>49616374
Ok, Ka is 75% meme machine.
I don't like Ivander either but I like him better and feel that in a fight that isn't powered by ANGER and JoJo stands and takes place on land would go in Ivander's favor
Is that serious enough for you?
>>
>>49616508
>https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0Bwl7IuoVRkFxclF5TWVWSk40STg?tid=0Bwl7IuoVRkFxUDZRVGVfQ1BDbm8
Here.

Also, no, it's fine. Surely the thread can get its act together enough to post more than just a couple of non-meme answers to battes.

>>49616521
This is better, but could be better still.
>>
>>49616521
Actually, Ka'koarm can move with literally unnatural speed on land as represented by his card list. He doesn't like moving on land, but it isn't an impediment to his speed when fighting. Also, they're both black/red flakes anon, how do you figure anger isn't going to figure into it?
>>
>>49616521

ANGER features pretty prominently in Ivander.

In brawn, I'd say this is one of the first times Ivander's been up against something as big and strong as he is; actually, I think Ka is bigger, and based on their spell lists he has minions that give him a SHITLOAD more brute force to bring to bear than Ivander has, so Ivander's at a major disadvantage in his preferred form of fighting.

Then it comes down to if RB dickery beats Ka's horrors and counterspells and control stuff. I feel like Ivander's pretty outmatched here; normally I feel like his sheet suggests he's got spells as backup for when being a fuckmothering werewolf and tearing his opponent to shreds isn't on the table, but Ka looks like he's at least equal if not better in punching and his spell selection might let him go longer and taller than Ivander in a magic duel.
>>
I'm restricted to mobile right now and I really want to upload my very first flake. Any suggestions for pic editors to use?
>>
>>49617389
Wait till you get home.
>>
File: Sam Regal Guitarist.png (1MB, 1936x1186px) Image search: [Google]
Sam Regal Guitarist.png
1MB, 1936x1186px
>>49617618
Repostin this after some edits. Rate my shitty speshul snowflake
>>
File: 20161003_025538.jpg (830KB, 1600x1210px) Image search: [Google]
20161003_025538.jpg
830KB, 1600x1210px
Apologies for awful quality, but I just wanted to actually finish my first flake. Will improve later. Current portrait is placeholder till I can find a pic of a suitably cute brown girl to represent Anuja.

I lack home internet at the moment, that's why I had to do mobile.

When I get internet, I'll writefag. Bio is here http://pastebin.com/c5n4pYAG

Are there any other Kaladesh native flakes?

Also, I summon Gaia Anon to please add my flake to the thing
>>
>>49616374
Me, personally, I won't be able to post any serious discussion for about 12 hours. Work an' all. So you may be waiting for my stuff for awhile at least.
>>
>>49618010
To bump the thread and remind all: I am no longer maintaining the repository. That is Leon anon's job now, so you should ask for him. I haven't even updated my own personal repo in over 12 threads.
>>
>>49620086

Falling down in the job, eh? What did he buy you offf with to outsource, you filthy slut?
>>
>>49620574
Sexual favors and a $25 gift card to Bed Bath & Beyond.
>>
Let's get a conversation going. What kind of magical disciplines and knowledges are required to make a plane?
>>
>>49621009
Preferably the planeswalker needs to be an oldwalker, of a non-human race and needs to have as many colors as possible.
>>
>>49621009
I've actually thought about this a good deal. I think, at minimum, a planeswalker making a plane needs to have mastered a few areas. One; leyline creation, manipulation, and/or channeling. I'm sure this can be accomplished through several routes, as we see both Nahiri and Nissa, a lithomancer and animist respectively, doing something along these lines. Personally, I think lithomancy is the more required skill, since it seems to allow for more permanent creation and manipulation.

Two; creating dimensional spaces, accompanied by their own physical laws. This one is an obvious necessity, and since it likely involves aether manipulation, it could be a subset of blue or colorless magic. However, we have also seen lithomancy create dimensionalspaces through hedrons and whatnot, even if those spaces seem to have few if any physical properties.

Any other required skills are dependent on what kind of plane you are trying to create from that point. For example, if you want to make a plane of fire, it stands to reason you should have mastered a large subset of flame magics and red mana. If you want to make a plane that has a more balanced ecosystem and mana system, it stands to reason that you should have mastered and/or balanced many areas of domain magics. It is precisely this logic that led to me making Gaia domain, because I wanted her plane to be a balanced, full, and diverse ecosystem, and practically indistinguishable from a natural plane of similar complexity.
>>
>>49621009
As much of a fag as >>49621157 is for trying to force this meme, he is right about typically needing to have oldwalker levels of power to make a plane. That's when the meme ends though.

Serra was a mono-white "human" walker and made her own plane out of white mana and only white mana.

>>49621194
Using animist magic would actually result in the more natural and permanent types of leylines. Nahiri's lithomancy is definitely powerful, don't get me wrong, but it's essentially using artifice to fix the plane you're trying to make.

Imagine if the hedrons weren't there to seal the eldrazi, and instead served the role of keeping Zendikar's leylines and mana under what little control they had. That's what using lithomancy to make your artificial planes leylines would look like.
>>
>>49621323
This meme's a fact, supported by genuine MtG lore.
>>
>>49621465
>Sarkhan, who has been four colors and spends most of his time in fights as a dragon can beat Nicol Bolas who has only been 3 colors since the dragon advantage was negated.

>Two color Venser got manhandled by mono-color Koth despite Venser having been best buddies with oldwalkers and being two whole colors

>Nahiri and Sorin fight, both two color oldwalkers, Sorin having more experience than her, both in general and in using two colors, and Nahiri wins, despite kor being no "better" than humans while Sorin is a super powerful blood mage Innistrad vampire.

In fact, nothing in lore's happened to say "oldwalker beats neowalker just because"
The closest we've gotten is Bolas beating everyone. On the same vein, Liliana needed Jace to beat Tezzeret. That's an oldwalker needing a neowalkers help to beat another neowalker.
>>
>>49621571
First one was supposed to be "can't" Whoops. Point is, you're full of shit and you're meme isn't funny.
>>
>>49621588
You're going to eat your words before the week's over.
>>
>>49621611
The snowstorm isn't "official magic lore"
>>
>>49621640
It might as well be, with how you faggots worship each other as being better writers than the WotC creative team.
>>
>>49621655
>Thinking "better writers than the WotC creative team" is a compliment
>Or particularly hard to do.

If you're so salty why do you even come to these threads?
>>
>>49621695
To see something that I played a large part in slowly transform from apologetic, self-aware cancer to egotistical, circle-jerking, blissfully ignorant cancer.
>>
>>49621720
You say it's egotistical and circlejerking, yet I still see the majority of anons readily admit their work is shit. And I don't see the circlejerk, since we are still highly critical of flakes and their adherence to canon. So tell me, where and how do you see the egotistical circlejerk? Cite examples for me.
>>
>>49621822
>the majority of anons
Yes, the majority of anons. You make my point for me.

If you don't want to see, no reason for me to try and force you to.
>>
>>49621720
>Something that I played a large part in.
You are literally one of several anons, and all of us, even the namefags are interchangeable or expendable.

In short, you currently have a big head and think you're important to the creation of snowflakes in general.

Your complaints about circlejerking sounds like you made a flake or two and no one ever particularly liked them any more than the others, and now you're bitter about the ones people did like for whatever reason, so you cry "muh circlejerk, muh egotism" like a fox who can't reach the grapes.

Ironically, you don't seem to even know proper etiquette, the namefags are fagging mostly properly: When creating content relevant to the thread you put on a name so your shit can be easily found.
>>
>>49621841
So that's why the names remain when they're not making content and haven't made content for God knows how long.
>>
>>49621836
Namefags are still anons in my vocabulary. So I am talking about namefags also.

If you will not give specific examples, I am inclined to believe you are an antgonistic shit and filling the thread with memes to satisfy your own trolling senses. I am forced to admit that you add nothing of relative value to the thread.
>>
>>49621872
You're such a shit.
>>
>>49621872
On one hand, they might as well not, on the other hand, no one really cares enough. No one just says "Well Gaia knows everything about everything so we should blindly listen to him/her/tumblrgender and anyone who argues with them will be shunned and downvoted"

Meanwhile, you, a nameless anon aren't doing shit in this thread but whining.

So go on, tell me, which big, mean, nameflake got voted up instead of yours?
>>
>>49621900
>>49621888
>>49621950
You've got your opinions, I've got mine.

Give it a week and I bet you'll find people in these threads repeating these memes without any trace of irony and as though they're law.

In the meantime, have fun!
>>
>>49621995
>If I act like a shitter, people will think I'm right about everything and repeat what I say.

Fuck you're delusional.
>>
>>49621995
Are you perchance Inzhu anon or Plaguelord? You sound like one or both.
>>
>>49621194

I think almost any plane is going to require the use if either white or blue mana to some extent. They are the colors of order, and plane creation by its very nature is bringing order to the chaos of nothing.
>>
>>49622056
>t:Azorious walker
Jund and Phyrexia got along just fine without blue or white.
>>
>>49621995
God, your post hurts.
>>
>>49622033
I just state what other people have said before me in less diplomatic terms.

I didn't even come up with the 'more colors equals more power' thing. I just cut it down into a compact, bite-sized statement after I saw enough people say it and enough people agree with it. The same logic applies to 'oldwalkers automatically win' and 'non-human walkers are superior.' Those are more statements I just chucked together after seeing enough people repeat them over and over again. The only difference is that they were verbose and diplomatic about it, while I just say it in a blunt, offensive way that you can get angry about.

So yes, let's wait and see. I assure you that you'll see people state this sort of thing unironically and as though it's the absolute truth. Not because I'm propagating it but because they genuinely believe it. I'm just mocking that belief.
>>
>>49622056
To expand on >>49622088 that mindset that "nothing is chaos" and you're bringing order to it is a fundamentally Azorious way of looking at it, while other colors would have different views on it.

White by itself might not even see it as bringing order, but as bringing structure, faith, and light to the darkness of nothing. Rolling plains and spires of whatever stone people happen to build with, whether marble or whatever.

Green seems even more plane capable than any other color, being the nature of natural mana, the wilds, and primal/primordial worlds. Expect "Post eldrazi zendikar" like nature

Red sees itself bringing passion and energy where there is none, it's own special unlimited canvas to paint how it feels, a testament. Ulgrotha. Mountains and fire and lava flows that are devastatingly hot, yet possibly strangely beautiful.

Black sees it as bringing potential and opportunity to what was a waste of space. Utility, efficiency, and the dark things the other colors find squeamish.

And of course, blue is bringing it's idea of order. A perfectly working system, metaphorical cogs turning, etc.etc.

The point is "Bringing order to the chaos of nothing" is an inherently biased to be pro-WU, even though there's nothing to say any color is better at it than the other.

That said, blue will be important because WotC decided "Any form of research or studying, or simply reading a nonfiction book or wanting to invent something is Blue forever!"

>>49621995
edgy
>>
>>49622088

Jund was part of Alara. It wasn't a separate plane. That said, you may have a point with pyhrexia. Obviously it was black dominated, but do we know for sure it was only black?

To put it another way, what about black mana lends itself to creation and order and structure that seems to be inherent to the creation of a plane?

Or perhaps I'm over thinking it. Demons are pure black mana and have an ordered form, so maybe while order is a white/blue thing, any color can shape complex structures with enough effort.
>>
>>49622317
I explained myself a bit better >>49622314
I just wanted to get that out before I went to do something.
>>
>>49622182
While I don't hold the belief that "More colors = more power, nonhuman = more power, age = more power" I do think there is a generally consistent trend in canon that more colors, age/experience, and higher races (dragons and what-have-you) tend to have higher power levels. While it isn't guaranteed, since there are always exceptions, the trend generally holds true. Sometimes the anons who "stated it more diplomatically" also had somewhat logical arguments. Just because you disagree with an opinion does not make that opinion a meme. You are turning it into a meme with your shitposting, and those who shitpost like you.

However, when it comes to canon, whoever the plot demands be stronger at a specific time, that walker will be stronger, regardless of trend.
>>
>>49622424
I've considered their logic, I've seen what I consider to be the flaws in it and I've spoken of these flaws and argued against their opinions. In the end, it really does boil down to those simple statements that I make. Sure, they might seem reasonable with the circular logic, loopholes and distorted context but when you strip away those details, they're saying the exact same thing that I say.

I'm not going to go quote-mining or try to justify myself any further. I'll just keep shitposting because it gives you something to discuss. Otherwise, the thread just keeps slipping down to Page 10. You guys are more interested in arguing with the shitposter than talking about the flakes you've made.
>>
>>49622314

I see what you mean: it's the "there's more than one way to create" sort of mentality. At its simplest level, I saw stacking two rocks on top of each other as a WU thing, but I get how it isn't always. There's more than one way to stack rocks.

>>49622625
Moralistic shitposters. You're funnier when you don't try to justify your egotistical crap.
>>
>>49621950
Varametra. Not mine but a fave I'm sad about losing :'(
>>
>>49622662
>Moralistic shitposters
This.

>>49622424
Your oversimplification of their arguments eliminates all context and whittles their otherwise relatively ok arguments down to a parody of themselves, just so you can make a point which is only as true as the beholder believes. In the meantime, you say that shitposting discussion is more interesting, yet disclude legitimate discussion like >>49621009

You are ultimately attempting to justify your pessimistic viewpoints while trying to appear moderately logical or noble. It seems, however, that you are jaded and overly willing to complain about the thread's flaws instead of contributing content or positive discussion.
>>
>>49622799
Second part meant for >>49622625
>>
>>49622792
I liked Narimi, and yet she lost to Ka. But you don't see me complaining about it.
>>
>>49622625
So, in other words, you disagree with and therefore make fun of their views. I unironically assume you are ok with me disagreeing with and mocking your own views in turn, correct?
>>
>>49621995
"I'm going to spam this meme until you think that it's popular opinion, because you can't tell who's posting."

Adorable as fuck.
>>
>>49622662
Exactly, though you are right in that the colors used would heavily influence the plane. White Blue would probably end up with some kind of Azorious+Meletis hybrid like plane, while WRB would lead to a plane of deserts and volcanoes and the best sources of water being swamps or mountain springs.

Additionally, the inhabitants would definitely be affected by the availability of mana, with WU land thinking stepping out of law lines is worse than death, while WRB land is a plane filled with vampires or a super rich and powerful nobility that rules through being the strongest, most cunning fucker on the plane. Likely both. And maybe some kind of aristocracy made of second-bests and all the higher up made of vampires and all the aristocrats with power to spare makes angel warrior fucktoys to enforce their will like the orzhov
I need a mardu vampire and mardu angel legend, really bad.
My ideal Mardu plane would obviously be (Orzhov+Boros)*(Bant-GU)+Vampires^(Kaladesh artifce) across desert mountain lava hellscape of loveland
Our example of Mono W was Serra's realm, that was all floating plains and angels.
>>
>>49622867
Yeah, I'm totally fine with that. And that leads to shitslinging contests like this where there are honestly no hard feelings because it's 4chan, who the fuck takes arguments like these seriously?
>>
>>49623105

You, evidently.
>>
>>49623105
>haha! I'm just playing guys!
>nothing is serious, everything is permitted
>millenial shitposters
>>
>>49623130
>https://www.metlife.com/assets/cao/mmi/publications/Profiles/mmi-gen-y-demographic-profile.pdf
Just so you know, if you were born between 1977 and 1994, you're a millennial. And if you're 39 or older, what the hell are you doing on 4chan?
>>
File: planeswaler spark ignites.gif (2MB, 300x262px) Image search: [Google]
planeswaler spark ignites.gif
2MB, 300x262px
Reminder that you don't need to be X color to perform X color worthy feats i.e. Nahiri building hedron network which is 100% a blue thing, despite being white.

Your color represents your magical expertise and personality leanings, not limits the ways you can solve problems.
>>
>>49623238
I repeat
>millenial shitposters
>muh nihilism and edge
>>
>>49623243
What about the hedron network is blue?
>>
>>49623274
It's literally a network of magic computers that control the Zendikar electric grid using magic science.
>>
File: 222.jpg (71KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
222.jpg
71KB, 312x445px
>>49623243
>Building a hedron network is blue
>A fuckton of stoneforging to make a bunch of artifacts into a really big Oblivion Ring effect is blue.
If anything the hedron network is white/red since they're the colors that make the stones. At the same time it's oobviously white because of what it does.

Also, Nissa replicated it using green mana, so clearly it's not blue. The whole setup seems to run on Naya in fact.
>>
>>49623296
They're artifacts (traditionally lie in the domain of white, blue and occasionally red) made using blueprints from Ugin (colorless magic) that channel the mana of the plane (manipulating the mana of the land is usually green if anything) to imprison the Eldrazi (white is the color of imprisonment and locking threats away).

You could argue that perhaps using a network of artifacts to imprison a great evil is an Azorius method of handling things but my opinion is that it's a white method first and foremost. And yes, how you choose to solve a problem is an indicator of your personality.
>>
File: Looks totally blue here.jpg (151KB, 624x445px) Image search: [Google]
Looks totally blue here.jpg
151KB, 624x445px
>>49623296
>>49623357
>>
>>49623323
That's something I forgot to neglect in >>49623357. Earth magic is found not only in white but in red as well and Nahiri's method of creating artifacts is done entirely through the manipulation of earth. So that's another point to white and a point to red as well.
>>
File: Secret Hitler.jpg (576KB, 910x1208px) Image search: [Google]
Secret Hitler.jpg
576KB, 910x1208px
So what the fuck happened with Nissa's backstory? Did it get flat out retconned? If yes, when?
>>
>>49623243
Constructing the hedrons worked for Nahiri because lithomancy fell into her skill set, which her colors are better suited for than others.

The theory that allowed that lithomancy to make effective hedrons for the purpose of stopping the Eldrazi came from Ugin, and is probably colorless.
>>
File: Tariel.jpg (35KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Tariel.jpg
35KB, 223x310px
>>49622980
I need a mardu vampire and mardu angel legend, really bad.
pic related
>>
>>49623463
Not retconned so much as brushed over and not really mentioned.

Yeah, she made a tragic mistake but not because she's a foul, horribly racist elf supremacist but because she misunderstood the situation with Sorin and made a decision based on her gut.
>>
>>49623532
But then how the fuck do they explain why her personality did a 180 on the subject of humans being icky, to suddenly being fine with everything ever and getting a crush on said an icky human?

Is it just a case of "It was long ago and completely untrue"?
>>
>>49623524
Now how about one that isn't terrible, is actually, interesting lorewise, ins't terrible, and isn't ugly as fuck. Reynolds can't into aesthetics, at all.
>>
>>49623377
>>49623357
>>49623382
>>49623496
Not that guy, but Ugin, the hedrons' designer, was probably partially blue and white before ascending color, and most likely would have never engineered hedrons as they are without the blue, since blue is the color related to complexity. I do not however argue that hedrons, now having been invented, need blue to be made or used, but to have invented them as they are in the first place probably would not have happened without blue. Nahiri was used because Ugin needed a means of constructing the hedrons, a skill set that he didn't have at the time but learned to do since then, but ultimately she was a matter of convenience to him and he would have settled for anyone capable of making things large and detailed with any amount of speed greater than decades. I do not doubt that the principles of hedrons specifically run on colorless concepts, but for Ugin to have comprehended such concepts without being born to them, would have likely required blue.

So I guess my point is if you're trying to make hedrons or something like them from scratch, you'll probably need some blue to understand the mechanics behind them and what they need, but if you're just copying them, from zendikar or tarkir, you can probably rely on red and white magic to build them with a hint of green to jumpstart them if the red isn't enough.
>>
>>49623583
That actually wasn't retconned too much. They had a story in 2014 I believe called worldwaker where she got over her "humans are icky" mentality after the eldrazi nuked her entire elf tribe and she spent a long time surviving with kor and humans.

It's like that one comic of the old Nazi KKK dude exploring the world, interacting with people, and he stops being a Nazi, except it's Nissa
>>
>>49623599
As a colorless focused planeswalker, Ugin's specialization is basically the same as being a magical theoretical physicist. Any planeswalker can use colorless applications, but only someone who studied the concepts in as much depth as he did would come up with the kinds of solutions to problems that he did.
>>
File: Hot Angel on Angel Action.jpg (191KB, 819x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Hot Angel on Angel Action.jpg
191KB, 819x1024px
>>49623584
Be more specific then. I agree though, bitch is ugly, unlike my beautiful waifu.
>>
>>49623646
You're waifu a double shit.
>>
>>49623583

Which icky human is she crushing on? I'm behind on my Nazi elf lore.
>>
>>49623642
And to do so would have required an at least partially blue personality. As said before, his behaviour, and thus the colors that would represent him, appear blue/white, with the possibility some third color that is not well enough represented yet in text to really evaluate. Might be green with the strong favoritism of maintaining natural balance, over killing the threat, but I can't tell if that's a ruse yet.
>>
>>49623740
>>49623642
And lets not forget when ugin out-mind-magic'd jace, proving he has at least some experience with a mainly blue skillset.
>>
>>49623733
She's being a Solaire to Chandra's Sun.
>>
>>49623733
>>
>>49623599
Ugin strikes me more of the UG type of walker, possibly RUG because dragon.
He's more interested in the underlying mysteries of the natural world, beyond the question of matter, and more into the question of energy.
He's got no interest in actually helping people or being a good neighbor, so he's lacking white motivation, he also isn't trying to benefit from the eldrazi himself, and simply wanted to study them more than anything for the sake of it, so he's not black either.
So Ugin is definitely blue, but there's not really a thing white about him. He's beyond the games of morality and ambition, more interested in the natural clockworks of the multiverse.

As for understanding the hedrons and their mechanics, Ob Nixilis understood them quite a bit because he thought they were the key to getting his power back. He didn't make them but complexity by itself isn't blue. He created quite the siphon out of the hedrons to drain the Khalni heart out of zendikar before Nissa kicked his shit in.

And I really hate the meme that only blue studies. Kalades Any color can study, but it's the WHY that matters. It's like the mindset that only blue could into artifacts.

>>49623733
Chandra and Nissa are pretty Gruuling up with each other.
>>
>>49623785
>>49623803
>>49623841

Funny, I thought Gideon was going to nail Chandra first. Well WotC has been pushing the political stuff for a while now. Only a matter of time before we had dykewalkers.
>>
>>49623971
It's not political, it's just the way society is evolving right now. It's like literature generally not being racist anymore: authors gotta get with the times.
>>
>>49623971
If we add in a little Lili, we get Jund. And since Lili and Chandra are buddying up, it's feasible.
>>
>>49624077

>le current year

>>49624171
The irony of three women representing a survival of the fittest plane while dyking out is rich.
>>
>>49624219
It's survival of the fittest, not procreation of the fittest :^)
>>
>>49624219
Are you implying you DON'T want them to dyke out while Jace explore's Gideon's "charisma" on the side?
>>
>>49624219
>women representing survival of the fittest ironic
I thought it was a board rule to keep /pol/ in /pol/?
>>
>>49624279

Not even implying, senpai. Time to fucking purge the degenerates.
>>
File: 1474042736975.png (109KB, 200x279px) Image search: [Google]
1474042736975.png
109KB, 200x279px
>>49624331
You're no fun.
>>
File: 1454450051407.jpg (41KB, 368x368px) Image search: [Google]
1454450051407.jpg
41KB, 368x368px
How come all the creative writing forums, especially this one, are absolute cancer for one reason or another? Fuck, I just want to git gud at this whole "story" stuff, even if it's through learning from other's mistakes.
>>
>>49624382

Kek. Also there's a firecrotch joke in there somewhere.
>>
>>49624392
learn from your own mistake, never come to a place where self-inserts are the talk of the town expecting to learn good writing, especially character design.
>>
>>49624392
Because people like to hang out and make silly jokes in their down time. You have to actually post writing to get people to read it but no one feels like writing at the moment. So we had a nice discussion about Ugin and plane building lore while waiting.
>>
>>49624437
Learning from other's mistakes, m8. Plus there's intriguing character concepts here sometimes.

>>49624451
Trouble is, when people do post what they've made, it often just gets ignored, see >49618010 and >>49617683, no feedback, nothing.

I don't mind jokes, that's not one of the reasons this place is cancer. I never said it was 100% shit all the time.
>>
>>49624392
You seem to be under the misapprehension that creative writing is done diligently and seriously.

The mind is most creative when you allow it to be so.

That being said, as of late the thread's residents are also not attempting this state of "play" work.

Really, we're all pretty bad, but we find fun in whatever we're doing here.
>>
>>49624523
there's over 200 flakes in this one storm alone
name me 10 interesting flakes out of both storms put together. Better yet, name 5.
>>
>>49624540
If by fun you mean smut and trolling, then sure. Because that's all that's here besides the Ice Age tournament.
>>49624562
Fuck off. I've been here a month, I don't pay attention. You think everyone is shit, I get it.
>>
>>49624523
Well >>49618010 put their bio in a pastebin. That's an almost immediate "fuck that" since it's basically just supposed to be a character summary/blurb so we can have some backstory on what they're about. If you can't fit it in that square with Beleren 12pt font, you need to rewrite it.

>>49617683
Could be interesting, but that's something people would actually need to see in action before passing judgement. Like >>49624562 said: We've seen 200 flake sheets. Unless something stands out as lore breaking, people just wait for the wrtiefagging.
>>
>>49624600
Smut is writing. I don't think that it's the point, but it's something.

Again, we've got writers here. Anybody can write, literally anyone. You can even just lay back and have fun with it instead of making work of it. Suckers in the thread are just lazy or don't believe that they can do it.
>>
>>49624562
Gaia, Serena, Cala, Ussa, Spidermom.
>>
>>49624687
>posting more namefag worship
I bet you're ok with the digimon too.
>>
>>49624742
>The flakes that get talked about a lot and that their anons, namefagging or no, have put a lot of development into get more attention than the one-and-done flakes most anon posters make
>shocker
>>
>>49624742
Namefag flakes are often more interesting because they are often talked about and developed, and because you actually notice them. It is how it is.
>>
>>49624562
You want interesting flakes?
>>49624742
But you're also gonna slap anybody that names flakes that just happen to have namefagging Anons. Even if some of them are actually good.

Man, fuck you. Next you're gonna slap us for not matching your exact meaning of "interesting."
>>
>>49624617

That's true, although this was more so because I'm restricted to mobile at the moment. No home internet, but I still wantedstill wanted to post.

I'm gonna re do bio into a better summary, then repost, and writefag later in the week after some feedback
>>
>>49624742
Not him but
digimon too
See, this is why I know you're trying to hard. The issue was always with the digimon itself, not with the creator. It being part-eldrazi, friends with Urabrask, and being partially green even though it embodied literally the most non-green mindset possible. Ka'Koarm doesn't have any of those flaws at all, so it's perfectly fine.

I wonder if you're aware of how ironic you are. You complain about namefags like there's a circlejerk going on, yet trying to push Ka'Koarm's creater out with a "you're not welcome here because of your last flake!" type attitude despite the fact that he doesn't namefag at all.

They namefag because their flakes are interesting and people discussed them a lot and they posted about their flakes a lot.
What you're saying is "Name some interesting flakes that people didn't find interesting enough to talk about/whose creators didn't want to talk about with the rest of the thread."
>>
File: 38525_1M_Rain_of_Salt.jpg (29KB, 290x413px) Image search: [Google]
38525_1M_Rain_of_Salt.jpg
29KB, 290x413px
Yikes. Somebody got real upset since I closed this thread last night.
>>
>>49624919
Yeah, I might wait for new thread before I repost flake
>>
>>49624919
I just wanna see people discussing the fight.
>>
>>49624919
Pffft. I had the last word in the previous thread.
>>
>>49624985

>>49616441
>>49616478
>>
>>49625017
An oldwalker's experience is still a vastly, vastly superior advantage that can't really be matched by any resources of Ka'Koarm has to bear.
>>
>>49624972
I have to go to a party first, but after that I will take another look at the flakesheets and post my opinions. Currently, I'm leaning towards Ka'koarm, though.
>>
>>49625527
It depends on the oldwalker and it depends on the neowalker. Varametra was not very combat focused, but Ka'koarm was. Then again, Vara could've probably o-ringed him. While experience accounts for a lot in battle, it doesn't always guarantee a win.
>>
>>49625527
Hey.
Hey.
Remember how the rules say that everyone is a neo walker? Well they do, which is why Ka is so strong because he's by far the strongest neowalker in the storm.
>>
>>49626195
They don't have the advantages of being pre-Mending oldwalkers but they have experience. Decades, centuries, millennia or even eons of learning spells grants the ultimate advantage that renders an oldwalker almost undefeatable, even without Mending powers. If we're taking this advantage away from Varametra, we're taking it away from other oldwalkers as well, Gaia included.
>>
>>49626273
>If we're taking this advantage away from Varametra, we're taking it away from other oldwalkers as well, Gaia included.
I agree with that and I think that was Ice Age Anon's intention too.
>>
>>49626609
This was brought up before and his response to that was that oldwalkers simply lack their mending powers and they still possess all of their experience, magic, connections, items and anything else they learned and obtained from before the Mending.
>>
>>49626609
>>49626273
>>49626700
If you interpret it as written, then no one is an oldwalker.

>Flakes will be treated as though they are all neowalkers in order to create a balance of power.

However,
>>49626700
I didn't say all of these things, only that age grants experience.
>>
File: 0Bwl7IuoVRkFxT29CZGtfM3pRNVE.png (1MB, 1562x1186px) Image search: [Google]
0Bwl7IuoVRkFxT29CZGtfM3pRNVE.png
1MB, 1562x1186px
Is my boy Domoyl still in it?
>>
>>49626764
You better pray that he doesn't go up against Serena, she'd hard-counter his ass.
>>
>>49626700

Also as far as experience goes, Sorin had a couple thousand years more than Nahiri and a racial advantage and still lost when they fought.

Nahiri did admittedly make preparations, but Sorin did as well, since it's not like he ran after her by himself without trying to make a plan.

Sorin had the experience. Sorin had the physical edge. And Sorin lost.

There are no auto-win conditions when planeswalkers fight. Even Nicol "Fuck you, I'm Nicky B" Bolas isn't invincible, as circumstances allowed Ajani to use Bolas's own strength against him to drive him off.
>>
>>49626833
>Anti-air elf
>Literally anti-air elf
>Hard countered by Serena
I swear you better be memeing
>>
Okay, look. Let's talk about this for a sec.

I'm pretty sure that I had to clarify this before.
All oldwalkers are being treated as post-mending. The great equalizer has made everyone not a god/demigod anymore. Some of these jerks are still older than the others, but as we all know from here >>49626841 that age and experience is really not everything. One of you keeps throwing the word "methods" around, and that's probably the most appropriate way to gauge who wins a battle that there is.
>>
>>49626851
Just because she's a flyer doesn't mean she's vulnerable to anti-flying tech. She is an angel of Innistrad after all and far too thicc to be put down so easily by someone like that.
>>
>>49626880
>Yeah, I'm memeing
I was worried for a second there.
>>
>>49626899
Plus he only has spells that target flying creatures, not flying planeswalkers.
>>
>>49626931
In lore there is no difference between a "creature" who can fly, and a plansewalker who can fly, just like there's no reason why Chandra can't flameslash Tezzeret next time she sees him. It's a game mechanic that has no basis in lore.
>>
>>49626931
I believe for the purposes of flake sheets generally speaking the effects of the cards don't matter as much as what they're implied to do, so things that empower creatures can empower planeswalkers, and cards that are just "shoot it full of holes" can be defended against like any normal volley of arrows.
>>
>>49627006
Planeswalkers are anything but mundane creatures in the lore and it makes sense that they are immune to anything but the most potent and powerful magics, designed specifically to target planeswalkers or being capable of targeting planeswalkers through their sheer power.

Chandra can't flameslash Tezzeret next time she sees him because one, that's probably a spell that doesn't know and two, because it isn't designed to inflict damage on a planeswalker, only on mundane creatures.

Cite your sources. You're the one making a wild claim.
>>
>>49626880
>>49626931
I see anti air stuff really a bit differently than they work on the table top. Fortunately I have literally written this scenario before, The Cathar disabled Serena's wings as soon as the fight started, thus mitigating a significant advantage.

So the way I see it a fight against him would basically result in Serena being grounded the whole fight and in significant pain. Granted I believe that is still a fight she would win even after being grounded. He basically seems like Elf Garruk while being archery focused instead of being made of steroids and anger, he'd lose once it became a melee which it rapidly would because Serena is fast and also cloudshift.
>>
>>49626851
>>49626899
Looks like the thicc angel wins after all, see >>49627080
>>
>>49627056
Actually, post mending planswalkers are specifically just mundane sentient creatures that can travel through the blind eternities. The only special protection a planeswalker has post-mending is whatever special protections their race has naturally or any they have managed to gather for themselves with education or hardship. spells that supposedly can only hit creatures in-game are perfectly fine hitting planeswalkers as they currently are in-lore. Neo-walkers are not the space gods they once were, they are granted nothing special upon sparking save access to other worlds currently.
>>
>>49627150
Citation, please. You're the one making the claim. Unless shown otherwise, it's logical to believe that the game mechanics are representative of the lore.
>>
>>49627150

No, they all possess intense spellcasting abilities above and beyond normal folks. See Elspeth when she unleashed a portion of her whole strength on Baby. She wiped out scores of enemies and scared/awed the troops with her.

They are closer to demigods.
>>
>>49627211
>>49627182
Yes, most planeswalkers are very powerful casters.
No, this is no longer because of their spark, they would have been powerful casters otherwise, though having the spark made it easier for them.
Sparks do not grant immortality, they do not grant protection, they do not grant boosted magical powers themselves, though magical power is nearly unavoidably gained for those that indulge use of their spark.

http://dougbeyermtg.tumblr.com/search/planeswalker+spark/page/2
right at the top:
"Q:Can a non-mage awaken as a Planeswalker, or is the spark tied to the use of magic?"
"The planeswalker spark is inherently magical, so there’s no being a planeswalker without having the potential for magic. Every planeswalk is a use of magic. However, you don’t have to be an active spellcaster — a person who knows a bunch of spells and consciously taps into sources of mana to cast them — to have the spark. So yes, a “non-mage,” in the sense of someone who doesn’t actively go around casting spells, can become a planeswalker, but nobody who becomes a planeswalker has zero potential to use magic. You could be a cobbler or a florist and have the planeswalker spark, but you’re a cobbler or a florist who could have a flair for magic if you tried.

Note that that magic can express itself splashily or subtly, explicitly or implicitly, depending on the planeswalker. If Gideon had only trained as a warrior, he could still have a spark and still become a planeswalker. He did learn some hieromancy (law magic) from a mentor once, but even if he hadn’t actively studied that way, he would still have been able to use magic in his deft, impenetrable, iron-skinned fighting style. He always had a form of magical potential in him, whether he realized it or not."

and many more questions similar to that.
>>
>>49627442
ON AN ASIDE NOTE:
"Q:Could a Lorwyn flamekin become a planeswalker? They're elementals, sure, but they seem to be more sapient, living creatures than animate mana."
"Yep, they could have a planeswalker spark. A good rule of thumb: If we’ve designed costuming and gear and architecture for your species, there could be a planeswalker of your species. :) Culture is not a necessary condition, but in almost all cases a sufficient one."

lots of weird races suddenly confirmed for planeswalker viable? I guess this is reason enough for someone to try a Raksasha now.
>>
>>49627485
The thing with Rakshasa is that they're still demons first and thus made of black mana and can't exactly spark.
Their clothes and gear weren't designed "for them" so much as it was designed "for sultai/silumgar"
Notably, the Boros elementals can't spark, and the "clothes for them" is just Boros armor, which throws off the markers.

The aetherborn are a bit higher up on the possibility chart, but I still doubt it immensely.
>>
>>49627976
well see, the thing with raksasha-type demons is we don't know if they specifically are the kind of construct that doesn't allow, like conventional demons, or does, like flamekin.
That said, because they aren't a color/wedge/shard face like the flamekin, it is ture that it's unlikely they're special enough not to be, but the specifics of their design considering that there are legit conventional demons there that can be distinguished from raksasha does give potential.

Also, probably means tarkir efreet/djinn might be possible, and am pretty curious in the chances of aetherborn.
>>
>>49628026
The tarkir djinn and efreet are definitely possible. They're explicitly born instead of the "genie in the lamp/ring" types.
>>
>>49628054
I wonder what other obscure races can count?
Has the trull breeding vat been turned into a black natural wellspring of life since they rebelled? What happened after the thrulls took control of their little area on dominaria?
>>
>>49628099
Atogatog walker when
>>
Trying to come up with a set, and I need some help determining what colors the various factions would be. The set takes place in a giant, clockwork-powered city, sealed inside a metal bubble. The city occasionally starts to wind down, but the City Key (a magical artifact that magnifies any rotational force applied) is always used to wind it up. Whenever a Winding is performed, there are shifts in the lower part of the city; gears turn, worm gears rise, orbital gears shift, plates move, etc. This Winding, though, a door was revealed. The door is featureless but for two things - a slot that is clearly designed to fit the City Key, and a simple plaque reading "Out." There have been people campaigning to open the door and people campaigning to perform a Winding and let the door be covered, but as the time for a decision draws near, there's a problem - the City Key has been stolen. Nobody knows where it is, but parts of the City are going dark day by day as it shuts down...

The factions:
>The Winders
A council of the lords of the city, who hold absolute power by being the only ones with access to the Key. They oppose opening the Door because they fear that whatever's outside will destroy them - and because if the Key isn't needed any more, they'll lose their power.
>The Seekers
The City is a big fat unknown in most places, especially in the ever-changing Clockworks. The Seekers attempt to map the impossible landscape, avoiding cleaning automatons and watching the Clockworks as it ticks. They have no real motivation either way about the Door, except for...
>The Openers
A group that has been clamoring to open the Door. Some want to just to see what's out there; some want to leave the City; some want to tear down the Winders. Regardless, they need that door open, and can't risk letting the Winders keep the Key and wind the Door away.
>>
>>49628151
Oh, and I almost forgot - there's a character I'm trying to color too.
>Althea Witters
A pickpocket with no idea what she's got, she's the girl the entire city is looking for. She didn't know what that funny-looking key she...picked up did, and she's too busy running away from the guards to figure out what's going on. But she's small, and lean, and she's seen other places this key might go in the deep dark places of the Clockworks. What will happen if she turns it...?
>>
>>49624742
They are namefags primarily because they are majority liked by the community. They didn't just start namefagging after they made their flakes.

Also, here are my five most interesting flakes. No prejudice.

> Winifred
> Serena
> Murdock
> Vronak
> Ivander
Hard mode: 5 more to make 10
> Iosha
> Cala
> Ireth
> Ginger
> DIOMEDES
>>
>>49628151
Winders would be Esper-block because muh rules

Seekers would be Naya because of the passion involved in Manifest Destiny and the mapping it procures, as well as needing to fit red somewhere.

Openers, if you want to make it neat, could be ANY of the five colours. Make them uncommon/rare cards for each colour, with each one in the set embodying a reason for wanting to leave that fits their colour the best.

Althea would be RB; she's a street urchin who wants to stick things in places she shouldn't because she wants to see if it works(red), and she's a thief(black) who takes things because she wants them.

>>49628360
I got a nametag because I was tired of trying to guess who I was talking to. I'm not sure if I was the first to do it, but I was definitely an early-adopter. Also eyyy! not top-five but still top ten, feelsgoodman
>>
>>49628639
Wouldn't the Seekers be blue? Their desire to explore the City and figure out literally what makes it tick suggests blue over white. For that matter, why red? I could see green in the desire to expand to fill the available space. Maybe Bant?
>>
>>49616295
>Ivander vs. Ka
Red-black aggro(?) vs. Grixis control. I think a lot of people are giving this to Ka without much thinking just because Ka is enormous, but as I'm looking at Ivander's flakesheet, he seems to have a lot of trickery and direct destruction in his arsenal rather than just burn. Ka is powerful, but it looks like the win conditions for his strategy are mostly singular, giant threats that are very much vulnerable to what I think the theme of Ivander's spellsheet is. Ivander might be an underdog here (no pun intended), but I personally think he has a chance to win, and he's probably who I'll end up voting for.
>>
>>49628803
the unnatural endurance was supposed to account for vulnerability in both himself and his creatures, but due to Ka's single-mindedness I will concede he'd probably only think to use it on them rather than himself if it looked like more of them were dying than he could summon.
>>
>>49628716
the problem with making the good guys blue while you have an authoritarian bad guy is that the bad guy ALSO has to be blue; so sticking the Seekers to be Naya gives you the best option (balance in colours between the two main factions, equal representation among colours, etc.) for the overall design of the entire set. The problem with doing two distinct factions is that you need to balance the colours for it, which is really difficult because two does not go into five equally. The best option for a card pool would be to do RG as solely Seekers and UB as solely Winders, then have white go half-and-half between them with a 5-card cycle being used for the Openers.
>>
>>49628151
>>49628188
Holy shit, where can I follow for news about it? Sounds hella rad, and if you get any sort of artist to provide even rudimentary card art so I'm not looking at plain, blank cards, drafting it sounds fun.

Story note: do fields pop up, too; is everyone an artifact; or where does food come from?
>>
>>49629000
Maybe (U)BW winders, UG seekers, R and hybrid mana R/(*) openers?

UG has a hard-on for horizons, and easily make up exploration colours. Winders feel weakest in blue, and should still have SOME but maybe as a split, or tertiary colour. Reckless curiosity and opposition to seated government is pretty red, and I feel like extra / personal causes could be represented as a small number of cards who have split mana symbols between red and its individual flavour.

Just ignore me I'd you don't like hybrid mana.
>>
>>49616295

As for Ka vs Ivander (finally able to post), pound for pound, Ka has sheer might in spades. If it were a straight up punching match, no complications, Ka would have it.

But it's not a straight up punching match. Ivander has more pure creature destruction, and more than a few impressive defensive abilities that help mitigate the raw damage Ka puts out. It more of Ka's offensive abilities were magic based, I might give it to him, but it seems like too many of the spells simply buff his martial prowess.

Given that both Ka and Ivander are physically strong, but Ivander seems to have the higher defensive nature and creature destruction, I'm inclined to give it to him.
>>
File: Gaia, the World Core.png (2MB, 1562x1186px) Image search: [Google]
Gaia, the World Core.png
2MB, 1562x1186px
>>49627028
I know I chose my cards for flavor as opposed to mechanics and whatnot. The elementals I chose were actually meant to reflect story elements.

>>49616295
Ok. Let's look at this. Ivander has beaten Sumarru, a dragon. That shows an ability to take out really big scaly beasts, meaning Ka's size isn't as much of a factor in this fight as it was before. That being said, Ivan still needs to sidestep around Ka to avoid getting thrashed. But Ka's casting seems to be more powerful, and his aggro more intense. Iunno. Call me biased, but I'm tired and I feel like Ka takes it. It's a closer fight than others have been, but I still think he takes it. Feel free to disagree with me.

Also, Leon anon, could you replace Gaia's old sheet with this one? Thank you, m8.
>>
>>49629833
Also, Leon, could you add this sheet to her Flakesheet repo folder? I made this thing specifically for this whole shindig, so I feel that it should actually be in the repo.
>>
>>49629833

Admittedly, Ivander probably beat Sumarru because Sumarru's temporal desyncronization is, as people pointed out at the time, a pretty bad handicap in hand-to-hand combat. I'm leaning more towards Ka in this one, too, for much the same reasons.

In a battle of brawn vs brawn Ivander's up against a rare opponent that is bigger and stronger than he is, and in spells they seem pretty evenly matched, which leads me to believe this is like a 42-58 tilt in Ka's favor.
>>
>>49617683
>>49629833
>>49629874
Added in.
>>
>>49629773
Ka's main casting ability is not in offensive damage but in warp/counter, Ka does weird things with magic rather than shooting lightning or making shields of force. Yes, lots of that is directed towards buffing himself, but the spells that aren't buffs are resource gain and counters. Especially counters. Ranged elemental or kill attacks are what Ka's used to facing, so he'll be able to negate those easiest, though buffs to the opponent will be harder since he won't know they're being used until they're already active. Ultimately, Even with the defensive magic, I don't think it's enough to stop Ka's physical onslaught. The fight between Hulk and Loki in the first avengers flick is a good comparison, Loki has all the physical perks of being demigodlike in biology, and Ivander here has the advantage of defensive buffs, but Ka's just too strong and too big to care when they finally reach a melee bout, and all those bells and whistles Loki, and by extension Ivander have mean little against Ka'koarm's astounding and unrelenting raw physical power and speed.

Also, my apologies for referencing capeshit, but it was the first example I could think of where the defender had superior defenses but it didn't matter against the attacker's firepower.
>>
File: New Ussa Kinksheet.png (1MB, 1562x1406px) Image search: [Google]
New Ussa Kinksheet.png
1MB, 1562x1406px
Miniscule update to Ussa's flakesheet, to replace the old version. Also, I think I'll have an Ussa story for y'all in a couple of days.
>>
>>49630106
I ship Domoyl/Ussa. All that raw green mana flowing through both of them, natural with her and supercharged in him means she might meet her match.
>>
File: mushroom_men_sage_3.jpg (796KB, 3747x2283px) Image search: [Google]
mushroom_men_sage_3.jpg
796KB, 3747x2283px
There was something of a shitstorm while I was gone huh. Also, I'm slightly offended that noone added my screaming man walker from the last thread to the repository.
>>
>>49630917
I ship all flakes to >>>/trash/
>>
>>49630949

Thanks for the bump
>>
File: 20161004_005311.jpg (1MB, 1600x1210px) Image search: [Google]
20161004_005311.jpg
1MB, 1600x1210px
Leon, may I please get an upload into the repo?

After I get some feedback and advice, I'll do some writing on her.
>>
Saving thread
>>
>>49630922

Leo anon does that now. Just flag him down.
>>
>>49626869
>not gods/demigods anymore
What if a flake was basically a demigod before they ignited? Does it still count?
>>
>>49635775

I think the mending only nerfed powers granted by sparks, not powers in general. I could be wrong.
>>
On that note, tell me about the powers or abilities your flake possesed BEFORE igniting?
>>
File: Khepri Broken Hero.png (2MB, 1500x1048px) Image search: [Google]
Khepri Broken Hero.png
2MB, 1500x1048px
>>49636507
>not OC that I'm thinking of writing fanfiction of
Automatically controlled the bodies of all organic beings within 16 feet. The event that took her powers also ignited the spark.
>moonfolk with a crush on Emrakul
Normal moonfolk wizardry.
>graceful embermage
Was still an embermage.

Maybe I'll actually finish their sheets soon.
>>
File: Document1.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
Document1.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>49636507
Gaia was an Eölnar, one of the primordial races of Eöl during the Age of Immortals (see attached). As per their function, the Eölnar were responsible for balancing and stabilizing the chaotic changes wrought by the Eölnu. Thus, they have the innate ability to alter physical reality, just like their sister race. However, their changes were more subtle than the Eölnu, and more lasting. And each of them individually impacted the physical realm much less than the Eölnu.

Still, as with all of her race, Gaia uses her "song" (the term song is loosely used on Eöl to describe artful creation) to influence and alter the flows of matter and energy around her. Yet, unlike the Eölnu, the alterations of an Eölnar tend to bring order to that which is disordered. Before igniting, she was a member of the Eölnar's craftsman class, and was one of the many individuals responsible for her community's architecture and other crafted works. In addition to this innate magic, Eölnar were of an age where everything was on a grander scale than in the Mortal ages. Therefore, when compared to a mortal, every Eölnar was/is physically superior. They are taller, stronger, faster, more agile, and fairer Than humans. They have devastatingly keen memories and are the wisest beings on Eöl.

She also had a few anomalous abilities that were a side effect of her nascent spark. She could see the flow of magics in Eöl (leylines) in ways others could not, and she had an affinity for ordering the elements in particular (elementals). This elemental affinity was most often manifest in flame and earth (RG elementals).

She also fought in the Immortal War for a few centuries, so there's that.
>>
Polls when?
>>
>>49637608
When we make enough discussion about Ivander vs Domoyl. Until we post the requisite number of debates over who would win, we won't get the poll.

What Ice Age doesn't understand is that we're not interested in debating about characters we don't care about and have no investment in. So for such unpopular characters, he should just post the polls right away because we don't care enough to discuss the fight.
>>
>>49637954
>Domoyl
Are you sure about that?
>>
>>49636737
Eol sounds kind of neat. Do you have any more stuff on it? What kind of races does it have?
>>
>>49638641
So uninteresting I forgot which flake was actually competing.
>>
>>49638669
In addition to the Immortal races mentioned, which are now absent from the world (long story), there are several races descended from the first race of Men (explained in the repo under Flake Planes -> Eöl -> The Beginning of Death). Over time, the mortal races to emerge were giants, humans, dwarves, orcs, and halflings. I'm thinking of adding a few more, but that's it for now.
>>
>>49637954
>Still being salty.
The real answer is that they've been discussed to death, repeatedly. Especially Ka'Koarm at this point.

Also, the fight is Ivander vs Ka'Koarm, not Domoyl.
>>
Ice Age anon, post the damn polls already so we can move on. It's been over 24 hours.
>>
>>49637954

Someone sure was quick to dismiss the new process, which exists to make sure that more discussion happens than just "I like X" or "I will force the meme meme."
>>
>>49639649
Funny that you post that at me, when people like >>49639519 and >>49639647 are saying that it's already been discussed to death and you should just post the poll already.
>>
>>49639649
We've already had discussion. Everyone who cares enough about this shit to give their opinion has done so. Most of us are in agreement, so the discussion isn't going to go any deeper than what we've gottem. Post the polls.
>>
>>49639754
I responded to you because you were missing the point.
>>
>>49639851
And what agreement might that be? I don't remember agreeing to anything.
>>
>>49636507

>Dyna
Being a fucking giant with some latent magical abilities that she still struggles to consciously use. For the most part mana is just another form of energy her body burns for strength or regeneration, but she did at least learn how to summon after igniting.

>Astera
She was a decent enchantress before the hydra incident. After visiting Lorwyn/Shadowmoor, she left a much stronger enchantress.

>Zenri
Knew some magical parlor tricks, not much else. Spark didn't really give her much, just sent her somewhere she could LEARN.

>Vanya
None whatsoever. NPC Merchant lady in an unhappy marriage.

>Sonia
Already knew healing magic before ignition. Afterwards, learned soothing magic (Or, in her WR timeline, learned destructive magic)

>Kikiki
Really, really good at polymorphing but only a few minor spells in other departments. Nothing changed afterwards.
>>
>>49639867
If an appropriate amount of legitimate discussion has taken place, post the polls.

If an appropriate amount of legitimate discussion hasn't taken place yet people are insisted that it has, then clearly your standards regarding the amount of discussion required are a bit too high.
>>
>>49639910
Then post your fucking opinion and show us it differs from the majority of anons who have voice the opinion that Ka wins.
>>
>>49639963
Or the standards of "people" regarding the amount of discussion required are too low.
>>
File: Image (1).png (111KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Image (1).png
111KB, 223x311px
>tfw the flake you are making is rapidly becoming comically edgelordy
>>
>>49641425
For reference:
>UBG
>time stop effects
>mind control effects
>mutant
>from kamigawa, with all that entails
>likes emracool
>>
>>49641467

Just embrace it as satire. Sounds like he'sacool guy
>>
File: 1475196407129.jpg (1MB, 1562x1186px) Image search: [Google]
1475196407129.jpg
1MB, 1562x1186px
>>49629965
Could you add this to the repository as "Screaming Man"
>>
>>49641608
He just sort of suffers from feature creep.
>>
>>49641639
Added :^)
>>
>>49641467
I'm always fond of Sultai flakes. I just like the flavor of those three colors working together full stop.
>>
>>49639649
Polls when?
>>
>>49642233
ᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬᴬ
>>
>>49641467
>Time magic
>Mind Magic
>likes Emerakul, the least individualist entity in the multiverse

Ka'koarm anon sees what you're doing there
and Ka'koarm anon likes it
make sure it's a large race so as to partially negate str advantage.
>>
>>49641385
In that case, either he sticks to his beliefs and refuses to post polls until he sees enough legitimate discussion, making people angry, impatient and disillusioned with the contest in general, or he lowers his standards to meet those of others to stop them from constantly hawking about 'POLL WHEN'.
>>
>>49642960
I mean what more discussion does he want? No one seems to have a dissenting opinion, and if they do, it isn't significant enough to bring up. We've gotten all the discussion we're going to get.

>>49639867
POST. THE DAMN. POLLS.
>>
>>49643021
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arctic
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antarctic
>>
This thread is dead to me.
>>
>>49643629
nah, it's just dead. It'll be back when the polls are up and we get this boring fight out of the way
>>
>>49643658
Why does Ice Age anon refuse to post the polls so we can move on to the next match? It's been almost 2 days, dammit.
>>
Should I turn my waifu into a walker?
>>
>>49644090
No. Just waifu an existing flake.
>>
>>49644140
The flakes that people choose to waifu will never cease to confuse me.
>>
>>49644209
Which ones are confusing. Legitimately curious
>>
>>49642267

No writefagging for this one?

There's a lot I like about Sowa. She seems very top down in her design, starting with BUG character traits that fit. It's too bad she's not subordinate to a Big Bad, because she'd make a great Starscream of sorts.

I'd enjoy reading about her as a protagonist, but I'd probably find her overall goal lacking if she were an antagonist.
>>
>>49644276
The crazy and evil ones. You know, a lot of them.
>>
>>49644572
There were a few anons that joked around that she WAS the big bad of the first snowstorm.
>>
>>49644813
Who's the big bad of this snowstorm?
>>
>>49644868

That one bitter fucking shitposter.
>>
>>49645064

He's probably just bitter that his flake got no attention.

Terrible reaction either way.

Just be like me and repost flake and do writing to try to catch feedback and constructive criticism.
>>
>>49645064
And who's the protagonist(s) of this snowstorm?
>>
>>49645128

This. My flake gets next to no attention, which is fine. I got help with his card from some very nice anons at the time and I enjoy talking about the popular ones.
>>
>>49645722

Based on the current flakes? Dead. I might have said Serena, but she went crazy.
>>
>>49645740

Post yours and I'll give feedback
>>
File: 1469059415338.jpg (66KB, 512x548px) Image search: [Google]
1469059415338.jpg
66KB, 512x548px
>>49644615
Buddy, crazy and evil is my specialty.
>>
File: 1415611171877.png (426KB, 997x781px) Image search: [Google]
1415611171877.png
426KB, 997x781px
>mfw I'm the only one who still likes Messenger and hopes there was more stuff about him being made
>>
>>49642926
He's soratami.
The individualist thing doesn't matter, he just likes poking weird magical eldritch things with a stick/polite conversation. Emrakul is ON THE MOON and he's MOONFOLK so of course he must visit.
>>
File: Ussa, the Delirious.png (263KB, 375x524px) Image search: [Google]
Ussa, the Delirious.png
263KB, 375x524px
Took me long enough. Finally got the last story of Ussa on Innistrad finished, which contains a lead-in to her stories on Kaladesh. Keep an eye out, because those are coming next! As usual, this one is lewd, but like many of my stories recently, this one is -exceptionally- lewd. Enjoy!

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1YhtyBVRDkCFl5rL8Ehw0Y3Vmu_6UgRH18bPiWxceroU/edit?usp=sharing (LEWD)

I promise one day I'll stop using mtgcardsmith, but for now, any port in a storm. Gosh, it's late at night here.
>>
>>49649777
>>49649695
Uh...?
>>
>>49649813
Had a slight wording error in the first version of the Planeswalker card.
>>
>>49649777

Well....at least I know how you got your name.
>>
>>49649418
You are not the only one.
He's still alive, but prefers to keep his distance. Bring him up more often, you might catch his attention.
>>
>>49644140
But my waifu is better
>>
>>49651316
Your waifu a shit
>>
>>49644572
Like all of the flakes that I make, she's just a concept rather than a fully fleshed idea. There isn't really more to the character than what's written on that sheet so writing a story about her would be a bit of a waste.
>>
File: 0Bwl7IuoVRkFxRF9mcjlfNFdjUW8.jpg (200KB, 1200x698px) Image search: [Google]
0Bwl7IuoVRkFxRF9mcjlfNFdjUW8.jpg
200KB, 1200x698px
Hey, there are some things I'd like to talk about with Eöl. They're some notes I made that I'd like feedback on. Let me know what you think.

>>>>>>>>

Blacksmiths and craftsman on Eöl don't actually use tools. They empathically sing the metal into needed shapes using their will and inner vision.

I was considering making it only something possible on Eöl, but that doesn't make sense with what I'd previously established about the races, so I think I'll just make it am inherent trait of the immortals to empathically manipulate matter and energy. And a few choice mortals (since they are descended from the immortals) possess this ability to a lesser extent as well. I'm not worried about it being an overpowered ability, because the immortals are supposed to be overpowered. They two of strongest and most primal forces of nature incarnate, Order and Change.

I kind of want to write about Gaia's childhood home, too. I know what it looked like, and it's gorgeous. The trees are as large as skyscrapers, and they twist and bend at all kinds of angles, sometimes more vine-like than trunk-like. They grow together at points to form great halls, partially exposed to the outdoors. The city is a great forest where metal and precious minerals grow up along the trunks of the trees, like veins in a mountain. And it is all topped by a silvery canopy, which reflects back the lights of the city below, casting the realm in a perpetual starlight-like glow. It's all vibrant rich pastels and silver light. They have pseudo-asianic lanterns housing will-o-wisps caged in silver filigree. And everything is alive. There is gentle singing that can be heard all over.

An Eölnu lives there, working with the city's people to enact changes to the fabric of reality. It is as immense as the trees, and cloaked in ever-shifting foliage and water. I may name the Eölnu Amund, in honor of the flake.
>>
>>49651826
>Blacksmiths and craftsman on Eöl don't actually use tools. They empathically sing the metal into needed shapes using their will and inner vision.
Sounds like Eldar Bonesingers from 40k.
>>
>>49646478
Please Anon, she's not THAT crazy. She only hears voices in her head, enjoys burning things and wildly accusing people of heresy so that she can justify said burning.
>>
>>49651965
Huh. Y'know, I hadn't thought about that, but it kinda does sound like bonesingers, doesn't it? Not that I mind. I think it's a cool concept.

>>49651978
Speaking of 40k, shouldn't you be worshipping your corpse emperor angel?
>>
>http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/magic-story/release-2016-10-05
>>
>>49651826
>>49651965
So, basically, Gaia's a psyker. Gotcha.

>xenos be purged
>>
>>49652036
After I finish brushing her off the cathedral floor, sure.
>>
>>49652192
>Urn of Sacred Mana Ashes
>>
>>49652116
>Shadowblayde
Kek'd
>>
>>49649777
Ussa seems like she's starting to bleed into blue, what with her "hypnotism" going on. The second scene where she was showing off her "influence" to the one with resistance especially didn't feel that green with her manipulations
>>
>>49651826

A few more notes. If I had to give the Eölnu and Eölnar a color identity, the Eölnu would be any combination of GRB, and the Eölnar any combination of GWU.

Another fun fact. While Order/Law/Balance and Disorder/Chaos/Change are manifested through the immortal races, the third and most integral primal force of Eöl, here broadly classified under the monikers Essence/Soul/Spirit is embodied by an ethereal pseudo-sentient concept; the Wheel. Basically, it is kind of like reincarnation. Every object in Eöl's material space, be it living or not, has an ethereal essence. When the object passes from the material realm, be it through death, destruction, or change, its essence returns to the Wheel. There, the Wheel churns, breaks apart, and homogenizes its essence. In time, as the Wheel turns, the essence will be recycled into a new creation in the physical world. And it is through this mechanism and the immortal races that Eöl remains renewed, balanced, and eternal.

The immortal races are also recycled into the Wheel when their physical forms die. But what differentiates their essence from others is it doesn't break appart. It maintains its uniformity, identity, and memories. So in time, when their spirits return to the physical realm, they are essentially the same person reborn into a new body. And this is what makes them immortal. Their souls are immutable and indestructible.

>cont
>>
File: 0Bwl7IuoVRkFxYkJIYkkzZkFDRjQ.jpg (400KB, 800x1107px) Image search: [Google]
0Bwl7IuoVRkFxYkJIYkkzZkFDRjQ.jpg
400KB, 800x1107px
>>49652686

Actually, the Wheel is what caused Gaia's spark to ignite. Long ago, in the final battle with Machaeus (detailed in a document in the repo), she fought and her body was slain by one of Machaeus's dark creations. But when her spirit attempted to enter the Wheel, she was rejected and cast out on account of an anomalous component in her soul which threatened to upset the carefully woven essence that had been spun. Obviously, the anomalous component was her spark, and the trauma of being cast out of the cycle of creation ignited it. To this day, she is barred from Eöl by the Wheel, lest she upset the balance.

Though, the balance is already fucked up from other evens, but that is another story for another post.
>>
>>49652613
That's partially just my personal writing style creeping in, I admit, but you could argue that from a green perspective, it's just a display of dominance, no pun intended. Ussa also likes having a bit of fun, and when I write these things I have to keep the scenes varied. Not every Ussa scene can be her getting plowed from behind. Unless I can come up with more adjectives to describe her ass.
>>
Meanwhile itt, actually good worldbuilding accompanied by disgusting levels of smut. Guess which one will bet more attention?
>>
>>49652797

Option 3, the shit poster?
>>
>>49652797
Instead of complaining, you could ask questions about said world building Mr. Bitter.

I do a lot of writing for myself and share it wih people I know. The world building is hardly ever questioned compared to characters and their interactions. People will readily accept magic, technology, or magitech in-between with magic powered artificial limbs, but always want to ask and discuss what the deal with character A, B, or C is. It's how it always is.

So people will just nod and listen to Gaia talk about Eöl because "Oh, interesting setting" but world-building has always just been more of a backdrop to character interactions and behaviors, which is more interesting to people in general. Why else do you think we only have a handful of flake planes yet triple digits worth of flakewalkers?
>>
>>49652712
I love stuff like this something about the Spark being powerful or significant enough to upset the balance of an entire world. And of course I love green. So is she being actively barred from the plane by its residents, or does Gaia know that going back there would screw everything up and she just chooses not to?
>>
>>49652768
Variance is all well and good, and dominance is definitely green, but this chapter honestly felt like she was implanting mental commands and leaving them completely thoughtless save for what few thoughts she wanted, namely sexual urges that bordered on the unnatural.

Like I get what you're saying about variance but man, she really seemed to be more "Ussa, Architect of Thought" here than just mono-green.
>>
>>49653020
I hear you. This might not have come across in my writing but the idea was more that the sexual urges were driving the thoughtlessness as opposed to the thoughtlessness coming first.
>>
>>49652925
A bit of both, actually. She is barred from the plane by the Wheel, which is somewhere between a force of nature and a sentient being. It is the closest thing to a god that remains involved in Eöl's cycles. But Gaia also understands her exile and, with time, has accepted it. Of course she would love to return home if she could, but she knows it will never be. It is one reason why there are some marked similarities between her created plane and her home plane, though the similarities are mostly thematic and lost in the details.
>>
>>49653111
Oh definitely, everyone knows about the whole thoughtless primal fury of sex thing, and I'm not going to claim "femdom can't be instinctual" or anything like that. It's just the fact that she got them to cum on command seemed a bit, unnatural for even green. It might be chalked up to good timing on her part, but the voice command that got the sleeping trio to roll over was, put bluntly, Jace-tier. It's definitely still green-leading-blue instead of Simic and Kruphix's usual "Blue-leading-green" but it still feels very there.
>>
>>49653306
Ah, okay, now I think I see where you're coming from. I think that can just be chalked up to my personal fascination with and interest in hypnosis.. I completely understand what you're saying.
>>
>>49653485
Yeah, that'd do it. Hypnosis magic would definitely be blue mixed with something, likely green, but red might be a possibility too, with the rest of the motives deciding which color was subordinate to the other.
In fact, we have a canon example too. It was Ob's reasoning for "Kill the mind mage first." After he got his powers back Jace tried to get him to take his powers and leave. Ob noticed, called him a cheeky dickwaffle, then punched him out.
Alternatively, hypnosis through destroying other thoughts is black, see like, every discard effect ever, but Ussa doesn't strike me as black, at all.
>>
Ussa is by far the biggest slut of the storm.
>>
>>49655159

Because the writer is a freak.
>>
>>49655159
>Was made for porn.
>Not just normal porn. Raunchy, gangbang happy, female protagonist, Noxian Nights porn
Yeaup. It'd be hard for a regular flake to compete really.
>>
>>49616252
>today's magic story
GET AWAY FROM TAMIYO RRRREEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
Seriously these threads are fucking annoying. Can't we made separate threads for lore and for these things? You can just do some quest-like threads for the snowstorm. Or open a forum.
Finding lore discussion is a pain in the ass now.
>>
>>49655576
While we do have fun discussing mtg's regular lore here, there's been a "just regular lore" thread up for hours. It's right here >>49652577
>>
>>49655576
Fun fact. These threads used to be exclusively lore threads. Then people complained and they became exclusively snowstorm threads. Then people complained more and they became hybrid threads. Now here you are, complaining.

People are impossible to please. These threads are here to stay. There is also a general lore thread. If you want a lore exclusive thread, start it yourself. Don't come into a thread just to complain about how hard it is for you to dig through the half of the threads openly communicated purpose to find the other half.
>>
>>49655576
>>49655644
You can't pin that on us. The usual lore threads died for a while so we had no choice but to take on people wanting to talk about the story on Wednesdays. Usually we're just a place people can ask/discuss lore stuff at any time.
>>
>>49655856
But those were the lore threads, actually. Even though the snowstorm took more and more place, wednesdays were always meant for lore-related discussion. Until now, apparently.
>>
>>49655888
See, you're remembering things before the split.

Here's what happened.
>Flakes tended to take over the thread during the first snowstorm
>So the agreement became that flakes wouldn't be discussed in the main Wednesday thread, with threads after it being okay whether the Wednesday thread hit the bump limit or discussion just sort of stopped.
>Then discussion started hitting a point where people would say their piece and discuss, but the Wednesday thread would stall at <200 posts and flake friendly threads would pop back up an hour later.
>So someone started bumping the empty Wednesday threads throughout the week, in an effort to keep snowflake-friendly threads gone, since it only fell off in time for a new Wednesday thread
>So the snowflakes said "fuck it" and made their own flake thread on Wednesday, separate from the main lore threads made by Ravnicanon and friends.
>Eventually the first snowstorm died and so did flakes and the old rules.
>After a while snowflakes started popping back up, and the same split occurred, leaving a normal lore thread on Wednesday, and a separate flake thread every day.
>Then the normal lore threads slowly died out recently, leaving just the flake threads.

So you see, there's no real responsibility to this thread to be flake free. This line of threads has always been from the "Flakes and Lore" offshoot. What should be happening is people making normal lore threads every Wednesday like >>49655644 pointed out and even directed you to. But this is the snowflake strain of lore threads made to keep flakes out of the regular Wednesday thread. It's never been "flake free Wednesday" here.
>>
>>49655888
That was during the old snowstorm. When Gaia took over the new one, they decided to remove the 'lore thread' part of the title for several months only to reapply it when there were enough people complaining that we don't actually discuss the lore any longer.

You can try to encourage lore discussion here. I'd actually like that and try to take part, if I'm around. A large portion of people in these threads would rather just shitpost about snowflakes though.
>>
So, when do you think Ice Anon will post the polls? Should I take bets?
>>
>>49656344
I don't know what else there is to discuss. Ka is obviously the king of punching things, the only thing that can swing votes for edge-wolf is if people think he has better casting or not or if it makes up for what Ka has over him physically.
>>
File: WON112.jpg (1MB, 950x1229px) Image search: [Google]
WON112.jpg
1MB, 950x1229px
On one hand, I don't want my flake to be edgy, even if ironically.

On the other, I could give him the Art of Cut to take advantage of his metaphorical edge...
>>
>>49657089
Everything from the comic is red and black done right.
>>
File: Ushiwaka, Emrakuls Guest.png (3MB, 2114x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Ushiwaka, Emrakuls Guest.png
3MB, 2114x1600px
So. Here it is the first flake sheet I've actually finished.

I want your suggestions on how to improve this character.

Bonus points to those who can pinpoint the origin of his name.
>>
>>49655159
I like to think of her as being very in-touch with her spiritual side.
>>
>>49657852
I'd like to get in touch with her spiritual side, if you know what I mean.
What I mean is that I'm really curious about her views on how the laws of the natural world might apply to interactions inside cities.

I wouldn't have sex with her, she's down right terrifying in that regard.
>>
>>49659262
>I wouldn't have sex with her
What are you, a wimp?
>>
>>49652116
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
>>49659323
I mean, if you want to you can. I'd just prefer to keep my sapience on relatively the same level. And I'm not a fan of her "proportions"
Her antics are fun to read though.
>>
>>49657762
>Kamigawan
>Sleeper cell for Emrakul
What's his mission? To go home and invent tentacle porn?
>>
>>49659650
fucking lmao
>>
>>49653576
It's funny that you mention black, because I was actually intending to put some black into her character in this most recent story. I base my characters off of decks, and what makes that interesting from a writing standpoint is that the characters change with the decks. For example, Ussa's character is dependent on whatever mono-green Standard deck I'm playing. Last rotation I was just playing normal green midrange, but now I'm playing green Delirium with a black splash for things like Ishkanah's ability. So I tried to show Ussa getting a little prideful and cocky with her abilities.
>>
>>49660195
Yup. Terrifying.
>>
I thought this thread had died.
I was happy.
>>
>>49657762
I normally don't do blue, but I want to encourage more people to give feedback to posted flakes.

Is there any explanation for the time magic shenanigans? He learned mind and flight on Kamigawa, so be delved into time magic somewhere along the way because it's powerful? Include a little blurb on that, or maybe some writefag explanation.

His motivations and driving forces for travelling are weak, to me. "I check out neat magic stuff if it's cool, and I poke at it for the luls," is how it comes across to me. Not trying to bash your flake, just trying to explain why I don't like the motivations.

If you want his motivation to be investigating magical phenomenon, there should be more than "heh, that's neat." I think it would make a stronger motivation if it was a means to some end, like I don't know he wants to figure out a way to regain the power to create a plane or something.

I could be wrong about what makes a motivation good, but Tamiyo was studying the moon just because muh knowledge, and that's okay for a background character I don't give a fuck about. But, you should try to make your flake more compelling than that shit
>>
>>49657762
>struck a deal with the old Simic Guild
>old Simic Guild

Uhhh? I'm not sure what you mean by this.
I hope you don't mean Pre-Mending, Momir Vig style Simic, because the cytoplast style of doing things that he headed went down the drain after he died in Dissension, and then cytoplasty was outlawed in order to prevent his schemes from happening again.
>>
>>49661919
>tfw experiment kraj will never become a planeswalker
>>
File: Mishra, Artificer Prodigy.jpg (36KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Mishra, Artificer Prodigy.jpg
36KB, 223x310px
>>49616295
>>49616310
Sometimes, old Ice Age has shit to do. Sometimes, old Ice Age just wants you to get the garbage out of your systems and think.
This was both.

As a reminder, the voting process now stands for 24 hours.

Polls.
http://www.strawpoll.me/11373071
>>
>>49661996
Experiment Kraj tried to eat Rakdos and couldn't handle it.
>>
>>49655159
>>49655473

Damn, that was gonna be my flake's schtick.

Oh well, I guess it can be her side hustle and I'll just have to resist the urge to write lewds.
>>
>>49662330
There's nothing wrong with writing lewds! It's okay for me to not be the only person doing that.
>>
File: 1474209399937.jpg (46KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
1474209399937.jpg
46KB, 375x523px
I shouldn't have posted the sheet just before going to bed for the obvious reason of not being able to respond.

>>49659650
He is to be her alarm clock and scout, so that she doesn't get fooled by another Nahiri.

>>49661770
>Is there any explanation for the time magic shenanigans?
He's been alive for a long time (not compared to other oldwalkers, but still). He just sort of picked it up somewhere. But you're right, I should provide a reason
>"heh, that's neat."
Is literally his entire motivation unless something pressing comes up on the way. Had he know of the Eye of Ugin at the time, he would have buggered it up for kicks. He doesn't have a bigger goal because he's had quite enough of the scheming and plotting from his pre-ignition days. He's treating his entire life as one big vacation.
Needless to say, he was crazy even before meeting Ems.

Maybe I should clarify all of this in the sheet.

>>49661919
I have no idea of the timeline involved. I assumed there was a period after the Mending when Momir Vig was still in charge.
Yes, I do mean the cytoplast style. Experiment Kraj didn't fuck up his cytoplasts because by then he was on another plane.
>>
>>49662020

All that bitching about polls and when it is here, not one acknowledgement. Thanks Ice age.
>>
>>49664895
One, it's 7:30 AM here. I've not had a chance to bitch yet. And two, fuck Ice Age anon and his high standards.
>>
Can i just ask one question from yesterdays Story article in between all of you ppl lewding and writing fight scenes over your donut Steels?

SINCE MOTHERFUCKING WHEN DID AJANI GO FULL MOTHERFUCKING KARN!?!!?!?!!?!?! WHAT IN THE SODDING FUCK IS ALL OF THAT STUPID SHIT ABOUT!?!?!?
>>
>>49665219
>go full karn

Explain what you mean by that.
>>
>>49665225
>Hurr Durr im a fucking pacifist now with all of the motherfucking godsdamn stupid Guilt and fucking angst that dominated Karn's personality during like the ENTIRE FUCKING WEATHERLIGHT SAGA.

WE ALREADY HAD FUCKING KARN FOR THIS SHIT!! AND HE APPARENTLY FINALLY RENOUNCED THAT AT THE END OF NEW PHYREXIA!!!!!!! NOW AJANI IS THE FUCKING ANGST BOUND RETARDED ONE!?!?!?! WHAT IN THE FUCK!?!?!?
>>
>>49665249
I suggest you calm down.
>>
>>49665268
Look this shit actually pissed me right the fuck off. Seriously what is the New Phyrexia plot arc gonna end with Karn reintroducing the Legacy out of his shiny asshole or something? Except its going to be fucking kitty powered now? Are you fucking serious?
We WENT through this goddamned shit one already. Why the fuck are they just reusing fucking plot points?
>>
>>49665249
>>49665219
>>49665314
You're a little too angry about the flavor text of a children's card game, anon.

It's one of many acceptable routes of Ajani's character progression.

What I find amusing is that so far, Ajani has shown himself be more involved and important to the story of Kaladesh than Chandra.
>>
>>49665351
I like Ajani as a character before this. Now every scene with him is going to be fucking angst and more agnst. Basically he is a fucking discount Karn now.
Although yes is apparently VERY well traveled now which is hilarious if it weren't such shitty plot convenience.
>>
>>49665314
>Why the fuck are they just reusing fucking plot points?
Because Magic players have a shorter memory than the 24-hour news cycle.

Oh yes, they'll remember things like Chronicles to excuse Wizards from reprinting anything of value, but they won't remember any details. Like how there was only one vampire on Mirrodin and Scars added an entire tribe; or how there's only one sane vampire on Ravnica and Return added hundreds.

Nobody remembers man, not even Wizards. They'll just write whatever the fuck they want to sell shit because nobody actually cares.

Do you think these people who write this stuff lead difficult lives? They show up to work, sit at meetings, drink coffee, and bullshit 50% of the time.
>>
>>49665183

I'm glad we've established that 8:00 am is the earliest time you can start bitching.
>>
>>49665379
Honestly i should just try and find the Weatherlight saga again. Hell i should not even bother to care anymore. Because everyone that liked that kind of writing apparently died and exploded into a million pieces and now the only thing that remains in fucking meme-tastic edgetards.
>>
>>49665249
Serena is now reverse Ajani, cool.

>>49665418
Where have you been the past several years? It's not like anything has drastically changed recently, it's been like this for a while. The only difference is the focus on the current Jacetice League member of the block.
>>
>>49665418
A reminder, this current era of storytelling is closer to the Weatherlight Saga method of storytelling than anything else in MtG in the past ten to fifteen years.
>>
>>49665249
I wouldn't really call Ajani angst-bound so much as grieving the loss of one of his best friends? Like have you ever lost someone close to you? It tends to change your outlook on shit just a tad.
Sure, when they wrote him they kept bringing up his new "I don't kill" thing which was a little annoying, but the change is entirely believable.
>>
Should I bother to read the last 3 stories? I got annoyed and put-off by how easily Chandra, Lili, and Nissa, the 3 powerhouses of the Gaywatch, folded to a bunch of cops and tiny gearhulks. Is it better now? Or is the plot still retarded?
>>
>>49665620
yes
>>
>>49665351

Don't remind me. My God.

Not only that, I haven't been able to work up the courage to even read

>Shadowblayde

I just can't. Oh, and the writer is the same dude who did Homesick. Fugggggg

Poor Chandra, man. Her ONE good chance at some nice character development. At least she gotba good card to compete with the other children's card boards, I guess.
>>
>>49665689
It's a subversion of a teenage prodigy trying to be edgy and cool to fit in with other rebels. She gets over herself before the end and she's subconsciously mocked by everyone else for that name.

It's still stupid but I wouldn't groan as much as you're doing. At least they're doing it to (try and) insert a little humour, rather than playing it straight.
>>
>>49664118
Yeah, that's a conflict. Prior to the fall of the Guildpact, nobody could even get to Ravnica, so the window to meet Momir Vig only spans a few decades. And then from there, Agrus Kos (as a kind of Azorius-assisting ghost) kills Momir Vig to stop him from controlling Kraj during Dissension. Kraj runs loose until it runs into Rakdos, and then becomes inert because it tried to eat the biggest, most evil thing on the plane (Rakdos temporarily falls into a coma as a result). The Azorius Senate, as it rebuilds, swiftly outlaws cytoplasty so that shit can never happen again.
>>
>>49666363
Who do you suggest in the role of mutating/experimenting on Ushiwaka shortly after the mending, then?
>>
>>49666454
The hidden Phyrexians on Mirrodin and alchemists and skaberen on Innistrad.

Outside of those two, there's no real flesh-shaping groups around at that period - and the Innistrad-based ones tend to care a little more about using dead stuff.
>>
>>49666454
If you're going to Ravnica, it's still the Simic, but you're gonna get Merfolk-brand hybridization.
>>
New thread soon?
>>
>>49666619
That's not really "shortly after the mending"
The Simic died with Momir Vig, and the Merfolk didn't bring it back until "fairly recently."
Even then their hybridization is even more "mash two animals together" than cytoplast, which essentially acted as magical bioglue to everything.
>>
>>49666758
How much time do you think passed? All things considered, not very much. Though we don't have a lock on when Ravnica happens in the timeline, if we were to say it happens after Mirrodin (the same way that the block was released after Mirrodin block), then only about a century probably passed. To Ravnica, that's nothing; the Guildpact originally stood for ten millenia.
>>
>>49666855
To ravnica that's nothing. But a century of time is still a century. That's potential generation's passing before the simic was reformed. I'd personally say they've only been around for 10-20 years or so. That's a lot more "recent" than "half a century ago"
>>
>>49666927
Humans on Ravnica also have longer lifespans. Agrus Kos died before the end of his natural lifespan, around twelve years after he was old enough to retire, but still pushing himself, at the age of 122.

If a century passes, there will still be some old folks who remember what Momir Vig did.
>>
>>49667082
Yeah. But on a timescale I wouldn't call the American civil war "recent" nor would I call WW2 "recent"
The turn of the Millennium is probably pretty recent by corporate standards
Thread posts: 321
Thread images: 36

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.