[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MTG EDH/COMMANDER GENERAL

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 360
Thread images: 66

File: Brago.jpg (30KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Brago.jpg
30KB, 223x310px
Blinking bullshit glass cannon edition

Previous: >>49591261

RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
http://www.mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
http://www.tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the internet.
http://www.edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
http://manabasecrafter.com/

>CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
http://gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface
http://www.magiccards.info

Did anyone find anything interesting in Kaladesh for their decks?
>>
File: Palace Jailer.png (117KB, 216x302px) Image search: [Google]
Palace Jailer.png
117KB, 216x302px
>>49604808
Spicy tech for brago incoming, though it's decidedly not Kaladesh. Set looks very meh in my opinion.

Here's hoping 4 colour phyrexian mana commanders are coming in the new precons.
>>
File: 4cc.jpg (37KB, 677x240px) Image search: [Google]
4cc.jpg
37KB, 677x240px
>>49604845
May or may not be true, but its the only thing we really got so far.
>>
>>49604808
R8/H8/Coment8
>>
>>49604888
>someone screencapped it
I hope it is. That just totally satisfies my inner Vorthos. Flavorful and powerful cards just totally salts my steak if you know what I mean. Like Soul of New Phyrexia. Fucking perfection, totally captured the feeling of the plane. I also love Elesh Norn and her sexy pseudo-mechanical bio-organic body.
>>
>>49604891
>foil sliver overlord
That's like $120 worth of card right there.

Questions for you:
>What does Xenagos look like?
>Is Rakdos just generic fatties and burn.dek?
>What are you tutoring with Sidisi? Just normal combos like Mike + Trike, or Exquisite Blood + sanguine bond?
>>
>>49604845
This card would be crazy powerful if read "until that opponent becomes the monarch".
>>
>>49604990
It's still pretty crazy in brago stax, but requires some patience before dropping it.

>toss it out while brago and strionic resonator are on the field to exile 3 things with 2 open mana
>use it with winter orb up to totally clusterfuck people
>use Karn and liquid metal coating to turn their lands into artifacts into creatures, and then exile them so they can't come back which could be some flicker MLD if you're lucky with your setup
>>
>>49605041
Everything is pretty crazy if you're in magical christmasland anon
>>
>>49605068
To be fair, I used to run a full artifact tutor suite in my Brago with a ruthless prison-stax setup, you'd be surprised how often I'd get silly things like Blightsteel and Jin Gitaxias on the field at the same time, or using Tezzy to tutor up Sol Ring, and Fabricate to tutor Strionic resonator in the same turn.
>>
>>49605105
Did your friends hate you?
>>
>>49604972
>Foil Sliver Overlord
When I got into magic, I asked my friend what was a good strategy to use. He said Slivers are very powerful and have different abilities that will teach me the mechanics of the game.
He now regrets that.
It's usually just mana ramp into Overlord, get out crystaline sliver (shroud) and then decide if I want to turn all my slivers into O rings or make them indestructible.

Xenagos used to be multiple medium creatures that I would buff with instants and bloodrush, While the creature that was targeted by Xenagos would pull agro. It didn't work well enough so I changed it to manaramp into fatties, then a few instants that give trample, deathtouch, and double strike with a few lures like golgary decoy.

Rakdos is pretty much that. Some artifacts and new Eldarzi (I don't play annihilator), but mostly other cards that deal damage themselves or have flying.

No, it's a meme deck. Combo where you draw your deck (mostly swamps), discard X cards to do X damage to everyone, sac dark sphere to take X/2 damage. You're the only one alive.
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/sidisi-turn-6-win-edh/
>>
>>49605147
Yup. I play 1v1 non-french almost exclusively and I only brought out that deck when someone thinks they're really good for winning with bullshit. Every game was "tutor tangle wire and winter orb, hit with brago, then win because no one can do anything".

Recently I dismantled the tutor/artifact thing because wins were far too easy, and turned it into some sort of hybrid glass cannon/leviathan thing. The artifacts and tutors went into Memnarch stealing things and colourless ramp which is much MUCH more powerful, but seems to draw a lot less hate for some reason.

It's the same reason I had to take apart my Maelstrom. I built him, he was extremely powerful, then no one could beat it, so I slowly stole things from it until he turned into Uril. Cantrips are just too powerful in non-competitive metas.
>>
>>49604972
>That's like $120 worth of card right there.
You're probably thinking of foil Legion? Overlord's only around thirty, closer to $10 for the Premium Deck Series version.
>>
>>49605263
>sliver legion
Yup, that was the one I was thinking about.
>>
>>49605263
>>49605298
The deck is about $200.
But I also bought the Time Spiral sliver deck as well.
>>
>open kaldesh packs
>get hangarback walker masterpiece
>friend opening get's solemn masterpeice
>buy it off him
>mfw my favorite deck is a Newzuri deck
>>
So, what do you think of the news regarding Commander; Anthology?
>>
File: SolemnSimulacrum.jpg (72KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
SolemnSimulacrum.jpg
72KB, 223x311px
>>49605882
Masterpiece sad-robot kinda looks like a Xenomorph.
>>
File: beerd.jpg (51KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
beerd.jpg
51KB, 640x480px
I just bought Plunder the Graves and i have no idea what to do, i'm new to commander and people here seem to be kinda competitive so how can i upgrade it to be effective?
Pic unrelated
>>
>>49605956
I hate his fat belly. He looks pregnant. I mean I know he gives birth to value, but come the fuck on wizards.
>>
File: Solemn Simulacrum_MR.jpg (56KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Solemn Simulacrum_MR.jpg
56KB, 312x445px
>>49605956
Nothing beats the OG
>>
>>49606194
First things first, don't fall for the self-mill trap. Reanimate at your leisure with Meren, but don't rely on her because she will draw hate. I like to play toolbox with lots of options. Spore Frog, Fleshbag Marauder/Merciless Executioner are your best friends.
>>
>>49606794
Should i go for a sort o -blink but reanimating with Meren or should i go for a sac your shit and give me tokens with Mazirek? Both seem to be strong but i need to decide a direction for the deck so i can start making upgrades.
>>
>>49606794
Oh, and lots of ETB effects or effects that trigger when things die. Generate value and force people to sac things. Grave Pact and Dictate of Erebos are great, along with Butcher of Malakir, who is already in the precon. It's a pretty solid deck out of the box, so just grab some general gudstuf like Ashnod's Altar and From Beyond.
>>
>>49606850
Meren is probably the stronger of the two, and you won't need to rely on her if built right. Mazirek can be fun and offers a more unique strat. I personally run Mazirek in the 99 because I have a nice amount of sac outlets.
>>
Hey guys I wraped up my Ghave combo shit

working on Derevi to be a dick next

Wondering if Kaalia land destruction is viable. The plan is to destroy lands in an effort to protect kaalia from getting fucked off the table
>>
>>49606883
>>49606857
>>49606794
Thanks, i'll put together proxies to try the cards you suggested and a bunch of other cards that seem to go well with the deck if i find any.
>>
>>49601838
>astral slide
Can't believe I forgot about that card. I was already planning to include 6 Runes of Protection. Thanks anon
>>
>>49606936
No problem. Good luck, anon.
>>
>>49601220

>4 mana do nothing

You mean a 4 mana 7/7 that usually comes down and usually attacks immediately because it's one of the best voltron commanders and they usually run tutors for equipment?

Every Ruhan deck I've ever played with usually swings with Ruhan the turn he comes down. A 6 mana 6/6 is blah, but a 4 mana 7/7 is fucking bonkers.
>>
File: cap.gif (3MB, 294x238px) Image search: [Google]
cap.gif
3MB, 294x238px
>>49607283
>Ruhan
>One of the best Voltron commanders
>A vanilla 7/7

Ruhan is literal garbage, dude. Compare it to Rafiq; at its worst, Rafiq is a 4/4 double strike, meaning it hits you for 8. Even fucking Shu Yun is a way better voltron commander, on the same colors, than Ruhan.
>>
File: IMG_20161002_194051.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161002_194051.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
Rate my decks, /edhg/.

Yes, I like blue.

Would you think I'm a cool enough dude to let me play my Glint-Eye deck?
>>
>>49607283
>Vanilla with a downside
>Best voltron
You're fucking dumb. There's literally no reason to play it, as there's nothing but better options. If you own all the good shit like swords, you're better off smacking them into actually useful commander.
>>
>>49607563
Fuck yeah, but the best nep is the one that animates.
Got a Kraj list?
>>
>>49607563
Would play with/10, Nephilim decks are pretty rad. Ink-Treader is a fucking riot, there's nothing quite like a mass Pongify or Act of Treason.
>>
Trying to learn to ramp properly. What's the difference between cards like pearl medallion, marble diamond, Sakura-tribe elder and journeyer's kite? Wouldn't the pearl medallion and Journeyer's kite be best? Surely reducing your casting costs and being able to get more than one use out of a land tutor is ideal?
>>
>>49607563
Describe Ramriez DePietro, Progenitus, and Teferi. Especially Progenitus. Also, what kind of sleeves are Isperia, Ramirez, and Karlov in? They don't look like cheap-ass Ultra-Pro, so why do you love those lists more?
>>
>>49607658

At least Karlov looks like Dragon Shield, but who knows
>>
>>49607607
Upping it right now. I'm still missing a few pieces I really want (e.g. Umbral Mantle, new Selvala, Morphling, and Thornling) but playing him has been a blast nonetheless.

>>49607639
I've played against a tuned Ink-Treader. It was pretty miserable, the guy would draw his deck at will and answers for whatever. His wincon was repeated polymorph effects in tokens he had made for us in order to eventually deck us out. Gotta say it was an impressive deck.

>>49607658
Ramirez is a turbo-vorthos pirate tribal deck with a focus on flavor. Proggy is timmy enchantments with some pillowfort, nothing is more satisfying than Tunnel Vision-ing Replenish and getting all the Honden in play. Teferi is a spike/johnny artifact combo deck, soon to be revamped into stax. I could give you the lists for them if you want.

Choice of sleeves is largely arbitrary. Except for Ramirez, which deserves my best for being my pet deck.
>>
>>49607658
And yeah, this guy (>>49607744) got it right, they're Dragon Shield.
>>
File: Image.jpg (34KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
34KB, 223x310px
>>49607648

Versatility. Pearl medallion makes everything white cost less, but you can use marble diamond's mana for everything else.

It ends up depending on your deck and the colors you're running. For example, I have pic related in a kitchen table landfall deck. It lets me play an extra land a turn and I can also use it to trigger landfall in my opponent's turns.

See what works best for you and your strategy
>>
can someone tell me how to make my deck better?
while staying under $250

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/golgari-attempt-2/
>>
>>49607804
I'm running gahji focusing on token swarm. Right now I'm running 13 mana fixers/doublers/ramp. So I'm in RWG colors. Game plan is to ramp hard, put out tokens and swing like crazy.
>>
File: loam dryad.jpg (38KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
loam dryad.jpg
38KB, 223x311px
>>49607870

I'm sure there are more cards like this, but right now I can't think of much more.
>>
>>49607955

disregard that, you have to tap it too, I can't read
>>
File: xenagos, the reveler.jpg (71KB, 480x680px) Image search: [Google]
xenagos, the reveler.jpg
71KB, 480x680px
>>49607870
>>
File: battle hymn.jpg (70KB, 480x680px) Image search: [Google]
battle hymn.jpg
70KB, 480x680px
>>49607955
>>
>>49607579
How is a 7/7 for 4 bad? It doesn't matter that he's vanilla, he a big target regardless and ends games.

You realize that without ANYTHING on him he's a 3 turn clock? In a voltron build, that's easily obtainable even quicker.

Not only are you in the colors for mass removal, youre in the colors for control. I've played against both Narset voltron and Ruhan voltron, and Ruhan ends games a lot quicker.
>>
>>49608061

He attacks randomly. You could end someone in 3 attacks giving him some evasion, but the random aspect makes him bad compared to other voltrons.
>>
>>49608061
>You realize that without ANYTHING on him he's a 3 turn clock?
What the fuck am I reading? Do you play nothing but french?
>>
>>49608061
3 turns is fucking forever. On top of that, he attacks randomly so you can't actually focus someone down. Any half decent voltron will kill you in one turn.

If Narset takes longer to kill someone it's merely because she's taking infinite extra turns and extending the game. Ruhan is ass.
>>
>>49608113

and he's a vanilla 7/7, anything can block him

why would anyone use him as commander is beyond me
>>
>>49607607
Here you go.
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/krajy-experiments/

I have no idea how I managed to fuck the spoilers so badly in my previous post.
>>
>>49608216
I wouldn't go so far as to say he has no place in the game. He's a politically neutral facesmasher in good voltron colors, whose cost scales nicely for lategame casts. He's a "for fun" kind of commander.

>>49608061
>I've played against both Narset voltron and Ruhan voltron, and Ruhan ends games a lot quicker.
But this kind of shit is retarded. Narset is leagues better.
>>
>>49608061

First of all, you're never ever going to get to hit someone in the face with a big beater for 3 turns

Secondly he attacks randomly so even if no one tries to disrupt you're not actually putting anyone on a 3 turn clock because you aren't gonna hit the same guy 3 times in a row.

Narset kills by going off and killing everyone on the same turn or by taking a bunch of turns in a row without other people taking turns

Ruhan is only a fit for casual environments, if anyone at the table gives a shit about disrupting you they will.
>>
>>49608061
Look at Rafiq, who costs just as much mana. Not only does he get double strike by himself, but adding swords on him does a LOT more than doubling the damage. He allows other things with on-player damage effects to trigger twice, including the swords you stick to him.
You can decide for yourself whom he attacks, and he's got green instead of red, which goes a lot further for keeping him on the board.
>>
I do kind of want to build Rafiq but even the casual decklists are weirdly expensive
>>
>>49608478

Just build Uril
>>
File: en_JleDz9SOwB[1].jpg (45KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
en_JleDz9SOwB[1].jpg
45KB, 265x370px
Has new Grenzo been working well for anyone?
>>
File: 1464993980096.jpg (65KB, 500x749px) Image search: [Google]
1464993980096.jpg
65KB, 500x749px
>have twelve decks with an average cost of slightly over 100$
>at this point I could've had a finely tuned 1500$ deck
>keep brewing jank instead
>got plans for at least two new decks
God damn, why is it so fun to build new decks?
>>
File: 1473429290299.gif (929KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1473429290299.gif
929KB, 200x200px
>>49608516
The only time I have been able to play it my opponents scooped because I had 7 creatures out already.
>>
>>49608545
Sounds like it would be more useful in the 99 than as a commander
>>
>>49608566
It was in my 99, I've played that deck about 20 times since i bought it and that was the only time i've played it yet, oh well.
>>
>>49608545
Two mana: end the game?

seems dece
>>
>>49608600
I dont want to win, I want to turn creatures right and ruin boardstates/tutors.
>>
>>49604888
>Devoid Eldrazi
>>
>>49608534
I know your pain anon. I have 2 decks right now, working on a third, and I already have 2 others planned for once my current one is done.

Plus, I'm unemployed, so my acquisition of new cards is painfully slow.
>>
>>49608534

I know your pain, anon. I mainly build decks to lend over to friends who don't play commander to see if they end up buying/building one, so I'd rather not spend a lot of money into just one deck
>>
File: average simic creation.jpg (17KB, 380x305px) Image search: [Google]
average simic creation.jpg
17KB, 380x305px
>>49608326
Dear other Kraj Players,
How much work does Arcanis actually do in your deck?
I've thought about putting him in for years but it just doesn't seem that great.
>>
>>49609077
With all the untappers it's not unreasonable to draw an extra nine cards per turn cycle for very little mana, often more. And being able to bounce Kraj is a nice boon. It also happens to be the case that I think Arcanis is really cool.
>>
I want to build a mono-green deck that shits on blue and black. Who's the best commander for this? Dosan the Falling Leaf seems like my best bet.
>>
File: Image (3).jpg (33KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image (3).jpg
33KB, 223x310px
Have any good ideas for a powerful wincon? I currently have taking/reanimating the other guys fatties, herald of leshrack, and mirror-sigil sergeant. I also think I want to cut a few things for more card draw and tutor effects, any recommendations?

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/mrs-steal-yo-girl-2/
>>
>>49604972
Wait foil overlord is $120? I got one in a box from my uncle when I first started playing a couple of years back. The box had a bunch of onslaught fetches as well so I guess it isn't that surprising.
>>
best game ever last night

>ephara control vs brago stax vs sedris reanimator (me) vs zada combo
>ephara starts with sol ring + thought vessel and has venser sojourner in play on turn 2
>brago's start is just fast enough that its mostly brago vs ephara in the early turns as sedris ramps and zada just makes some 1/1s and misses land drops
>turn 5 or so its starting to look like venser ult is going to close out this game, we have 1 more turn to deal 2 damage to venser
>using brago + act of authority and some other stuff brago manages to kill a good number of ephara's splicer golems and other creatures so that if just one more is removed, zada will be able to swing enough goblins to stop venser ult
>my turn is before zada, i ramp a little more (my game so far has been a very slow ramping and nothing else), and then i cast bone shredder, everybody thinks im going to kill another of ephara's creatures but i have other plans
>i trust zada to figure out a way to stop venser ult and i realize that ephara only has 3 cards in hand, so it looks like brago might be about to take over the game once we deal with venser ult
>so instead i target brago with bone shredder, brago player is extreemly butthurt "you just threw the game away" etc, etc
>i admit if ephara had some counterspells in his 3 cards my plan mightve gotten us killed
>but zada ends up pulling some interesting shit with assault strobe and attacking for enough to knock venser out of ult range
>now the game is more even, no more archenemy, i have nothing on board but i do have lots of mana and everybody is decently high life total except brago is at like 25
>brago attempts to board wipe all of ephara and zada's big boards of tokens and creatures, ephara counters
>brago's rest in peace is in play so it looks like im not a threat at all, i only have sedris in play and no graveyard
>ephara and zada swing out on brago
>before my turn begins i activate desolate lighthouse and discard palinchron, suspense builds

cont.
>>
How do you make rafiq good
>>
>>49609477
tutor up a Finest Hour
>>
File: 122709_200w.jpg (26KB, 200x285px) Image search: [Google]
122709_200w.jpg
26KB, 200x285px
Welp, in finally happened.

>play sydri in 6 man free for all
>few turns in and I'm sitting at 53 life
>tutor for Water Tower, then cast it
>friends see it and are ready to hit me as soon as I use Water Tower's ability
>cast Sydri, then give life and more to Water Tower
>pay 50 life and gain it 5 times and off them one by one
>everyone stares at eachother slack-jawed

Glad I kept that bit secret until I actually pulled it off.
>>
>>49609477
steel of the godhead.
>>
>>49609077
Have you ever considered making a Mimeoplasm deck that acts like a Kraj deck with access to necrotic ooze and other black goodies?
>>
>>49609432

>i start my turn with thirst for knowledge and hit the nuts, deadeye nav + reanimate, i discard deadeye and massacre wurm
>i start by unearthing palinchron, zada responds by killing sedris with pyroblast
>palinchron untaps some lands but i end up exactly 1 mana short to recast sedris, unearth deadeye nav + flicker palinchron
>instead i cast reanimate on deadeye nav
>but ephara was sandbagging hinder
>i am able to wipe the board with blasphemouts act and recast sedris but palinchron is exiled by unearth at end of turn, im no longer able to combo off the rest of the game, and ephara still has ephara and some artifacts in play
>zada is out of gas and has no creatures so he meekly passes the turn
>ephara topdecks consecrated sphinx and seems a lock to close out the game since my combo was taken care of and zada has nothing going on
>me and zada are about to agree to scoop even after connie died because ephara now has 8 cards in hand + 2x venser's journal, but i have disciple of bolas in my graveyard and i want to at least see what my new hand looks like before i scoop it up
>my turn is mostly activated abiltiies so it doesnt immediately suprirse me when ephara has no responses as i draw 6, gain 6, then use ingot chewer twice to kill his journals and shriekmaw his creatures
>im finally out of mana and move to combat, in response ephara taps out for cyc rift.
>i have a great hand but im ready to scoop after that, zada player was inspired by that turn though and says he wants one more turn before scooping, he has 5 mountains and 4 cards in hand, nothing else
>but ephara is tapped out
>zada looks at his draw for turn and gives a malicious giggle
>i thought this was just a formality turn so my heart is racing, is he really gonna do it?
>zada casts mana geyser
>then he casts zada and dualcaster mage
>then he casts heat shimmer on zada

everybody was freaking out, it was amazing, this is why i love edh
>>
>>49609529
>10 mana to kill the whole board

what were they thinking?
>>
>>49609529
>pay 50 life and gain it 5 times
I don't get it, how did the water tower's ability gain you life?
>>
>>49609477

cutthroat bant control

rafiq doesnt need much support to kill people, a sword or jitte, steel of the godhead or something

you need to dedicate most of your deck to stopping everybody else's plans

its not top tier but it can be strong
>>
>>49609630
Wait never mind I'm a retard
>>
>>49609630
sydri makes the artifact a creatures and gives it life link
>>
>>49609630
Sydri turns artifacts into creatures and gives them lifelink.
>>
>>49609630
>sydris abilities
>1 blue mana: make non creature artifact a creaturre
1 black 1 white mana: give target artifact creature deathtouch AND lifelink
>>
>>49609615

i mean its not like they could be much more careful with the design of the reservoir

sydri is the card that enables weird stuff, by turning noncreatures into creatures and giving them creature abilities

wotc shouldnt be designing noncreature artifacts with the worry that somebody is going to give them lifelink
>>
File: 1442883022819.jpg (74KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1442883022819.jpg
74KB, 400x400px
>>49609529
Wait, lifelink works on Aetherflux Reservoir's ability too?
>>
>>49609688
Yes, because the water tower is dealing 50 damage. Have fun.
>>
File: 84.jpg (18KB, 272x295px) Image search: [Google]
84.jpg
18KB, 272x295px
>>49609529
>Whip of Erebos + Tezzy/Anything that turns artifacts into creatures+ this
>>
>>49609604
My knowledge of the stack is a bit rusty, but that's not the correct order to do an inf combo, right?

The way you say it, he casts heat shimmer, copying zada (immediately removing the zada copy ofc), then copying dualcaster mage, which no longer has any spell to copy since Heat shimmer resolved already.

He'd need to cast zada, then heat shimmer and in response cast dualcaster mage copying the heat shimmer, so it'd keep copying the original heat shimmer after the copy resolves each time.

In fact, doesn't that just give an infinite loop and end in a draw, since there's never any MAY wording, so as long as there's legal targets, you need to keep copying things?
>>
>>49609765
Or exquisite blood. No need to make anything a creature.

Granted, it might not be as effective as lifelink since it looks at the actual amount of life lost, so if they're only at 30 life, you'll only be getting 30 life back.
>>
File: 270.jpg (60KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
270.jpg
60KB, 312x445px
>>49609765
>>49609529
Use this and basilisk collar to be able to use Water Tower in any deck.
>>
>>49609771
If you put the copy targeting Mage on the stack after the original spell the new Mage can copy the original Heat Shimmer. Also you may end the stream of Mages by redirecting the last copy to Zada.
>>
>>49609432
Who destroyed the RIP? Ephara? Your and Zada aren't playing the normal enchant destruction colors
>>
>>49609771

i actually thought something similar to you, my understanding of the heat shimmer dualcaster mage combo was this

>have any creature in play
>cast heat shimmer
>in response copy with dualcaster, the copy targets dualcaster, the copy targets dualcaster, etc etc
>the original never resolves until youre done

but it works differently with zada

>zada and dualcaster in play
>heat shimmer targeting zada
>trigger creatures copy targeting dualcaster
>dualcaster clone comes into play, copies the original heat shimmer which hasnt resolved yet
>etc etc etc

not sure what you meant about a draw situation
>>
>>49609793
the advantage of animating/lifelink is that the life gain happens simultaneously as the damage is dealt, not as a triggered ability

>so if they're only at 30 life, you'll only be getting 30 life back.
false. You will set them to -20 life if they only have 30 and you will gain 50
>>
>>49609650
>>49609658
>>49609659
You dont need to turn it into a creature, you just need to give it lifelink
>>
>>49609804
>If you put the copy targeting Mage on the stack after the original spell the new Mage can copy the original Heat Shimmer.
Ah right, I see now, because Zada's ability triggers before the original is resolved, and it goes on top of the stack.

> Also you may end the stream of Mages by redirecting the last copy to Zada.
Except, that triggers more copies of all the mages you just copied, no? Wouldn't you need at least one other creature to redirect the final extra copy to so won't put new ones on the stack?
>>
>>49609846
>life gain happens simultaneously as the damage is dealt, not as a triggered ability
Wait, I thought it was
>Deal damage
>Lifelink trigger
>Gain life
Can we get a judge or ruling on this?
>>
>>49609793

>Granted, it might not be as effective as lifelink since it looks at the actual amount of life lost, so if they're only at 30 life, you'll only be getting 30 life back.

you can have negative life, you lose the game if you have zero OR LESS life, it never automatically stops at 0 to my knowledge, im pretty sure you still gain 50 with exquisite blood no matter what their life total was, but i could be wrong, cant find a ruling
>>
>>49609860
How does a non creature get lifelink

Sydri can only give artifact creatures lifelink and deathtouch
>>
>>49609846
Oh really? damn, then I have been playing life loss wrong.
>>
>>49609818

brago died, thats why rest in peace disappeared. i mightve been more clear, when they swung out on him he lost
>>
>>49609864
>Except, that triggers more copies of all the mages you just copied, no?
I'm not sure on this but but it doesn't work because the Mage says only copy and not cast, and Zada says "When you CAST an instant or sorcery spell that targets blah blah blah"
>>
>>49609867
702.15b Damage dealt by a source with lifelink causes that source’s controller, or its owner if it has no controller, to gain that much life (in addition to any other results that damage causes). See rule 119.3.

it modifies the result of damage by additionally causing the source's controller to gain that much life. It can't be responded to
>>
>>49609867

lifelink USED TO BE a triggered ability that worked as you described, now it doesnt work that way, the damage and lifegain are simultaneous

deathtouch also used to be a triggered ability but now deathtouch modifies the rules such that any amount of damage from a deathtouch source is lethal, its as if the damage is always exactly enough to destroy the target
>>
>>49609867
That is how it used to be and how it still works on some older cards that were not errata'd (Spirit Link and Armadillo Armor stand out) but Lifelink now happens simultaneously as part of damage dealt.
>>
>>49609860
>non creature can get lifelink
>>
>>49609901
>>49609907
Hmm, then I probably lost a match against a dude
>>
>>49609888
how do you skip a paragraph of text?
>>
>>49609819
>not sure what you meant about a draw situation
Because every single step of the combo adds more heat shimmers to the stack. There isn't a single target you can dump "excess" heat shimmers on that do not generate extra copies of heat shimmer, so you get an ad infinitum loop of heat shimmers being added to the stack, and the original never resolves.
>>
>>49609919
>>49609912
>>
File: 27.jpg (69KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
27.jpg
69KB, 312x445px
>>49609912
Yes?
>>
File: Image (62).png (125KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Image (62).png
125KB, 223x311px
>>49609912
it's rare, but possible
>>
>>49609914
Note: some older cards have an ability that triggers on dealing damage, but it is not lifelink.

Think shit like armadilo cloak
>>
>>49604888
>devoid Eldrazi
What, a legendary one? What the hell?
Is there a source for this or is it just from Anon's ass?
>>
File: Colorless-symbol.png (17KB, 316x332px) Image search: [Google]
Colorless-symbol.png
17KB, 316x332px
>>49609943
Here's the source
>>
>>49609907
Actually the first point of damage alone kills it because if a creature has trample too the rest of the damage goes to yhe opponent.
>>
>>49607870
Cryptolith Rite?
>>
>>49609929

you should've listened to the other poster, zada only trigggers when you CAST heat shimmer, which means he triggers ONCE in this whole scenario, the rest are all copies put onto the stack, and whenever you like you can end the combo by targeting zada with the last copy, extra copies of zada just die but youre left with infinite hasty mages
>>
>>49609973

no i get that, but that doesnt contradict what i said

with trample you get to allocate extra damage to the player so with deathtouch, you get to allocate the minimum to the creature and its still exactly enough to kill
>>
>>49609994
Ah, I missed that post. Yes, sorry, now it makes sense.
>>
>>49609994
>infinite

wait wat
>>
>>49609312
I NEED ANSWERS I FUCKING HATE BLUE AND BLACK REEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>49610084
Ha
>>
File: gss.jpg (34KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
gss.jpg
34KB, 223x310px
>>49610084
Thrun the last troll is good control hate, and there are quite a few other green u/b hate cards.
>>
>>49610084
>decks that can deal with THE combo colors

kek
>>
>>49610084
How about Kamahl? Turn their Urborgs and academies into creatures, then fight them? Alternatively, buff the shit out of token armies
>>
>>49609933
>>49609936
jeskai is a shit color you know that right?
>>
File: thumbnail_20161002_171530.jpg (276KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
thumbnail_20161002_171530.jpg
276KB, 1280x960px
Anyone here have a deck that they're proud of even if it's not that good? This is probably my second favorite deck I've ever made mostly just because I've always loved angel lore throughout MTG history. Akroma, Angel of Wrath used to be at the helm of this deck but I decided to try out Bruna instead because of her angel recursion ability. Gotten to meld her twice now.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/the-flavor-of-angels/

>serra angel

I only want it in there because that art is absolutely phenomenal. I love it.

I even spent weeks looking for those Akroma sleeves that were sold like 10 years ago. Those things shuffle amazing and look awesome.
>>
>>49610184
get some sleeve covers to keep your waifu sleeves shuffling great
>>
>>49610176
Jeskai is not a color. You know that right?
>>
>>49609898
That's right. The Heat Shimmer copy has to target a Dualcaster Mage for it to work. Zada works on cast, so Eye of the Storm or Isochron Scepter still work.
>>
>>49610304
color combination. You happy now?
>>
>>49610337
Your argument is still bad, since there is a way for noncreatures to have lifelink. In what colours is irrelevant. Besides, white is the lifelink colour
>>
Anyone know when spoilers for Commander 2016 are? I'm itching for new commanders, and I was disappointed in Kaladesh's legendaries.
>>
I ordered my first deck

How much money did I just waste? The lot of it?

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/eldritch-constructs-artifacteldrazi-deck/
>>
>>49610337
I have never been happy.
>>
>>49610522
end of october
>>
>>49609912
Ignoring the possibility of giving non-creatures lifelink, Sydri turns the Water Tower into a creature before giving it lifelink. RTFC you utter retard.
>>
>>49609603
Yes. I'm staring at my Mimeoplasm deck right now thinking about all the times I wanted to tear Kraj apart to make it.
I'm waiting for a 4-color version in Commander-16 to play 4 color Kraj.
>>
File: 137.jpg (68KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
137.jpg
68KB, 312x445px
>>49610618
You need some of this
>>
File: 223.jpg (69KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
223.jpg
69KB, 312x445px
>>49610618
Why aren't you running strictly better golem-eye?
>>
>>49610184
I had a Tromokratis EDH for awhile, had almost no creatures, a bunch of artifact ramp and a ton of enchantments that tap/don't allow creatures to untap.
>>
>>49610888
Huh, neat.

>>49610919
Because I'm new and had never heard of this card before.
>>
>>49610816
You could always go Horde of Notions and make five color Kraj.
>>
>>49610184
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/01-10-16-durdle/

someone say angels?
Yes im the asshole from the last thread.
>>
>>49611137
.... How? Literally a recently printed card within a year ago
>>
>>49610184
Godo is my pride and joy. It's either a do-nothing for forever and eventually get some hits in, or an explode from turn 1 and kill the table by turn 5
>>
>>49612201
>It's either a do-nothing for forever and eventually get some hits in, or an explode from turn 1 and kill the table by turn 5
You find that fun?
>>
>>49608061
None of them compare to zurgo voltron

A 7 power commander that's really in the three mass removal colors that has a built in way of surviving that removal, and can swing the turn he drops?

Sign me up
>>
>>49612318
I laugh everytime I see someone with zurgo. Just keep stuff out to remove him before or as soon as he hits the field. So easy.
>>
>>49612515
While I will concede that there is pretty much nothing I can do to stop you countering him, he can be rather resilient once he hits the field. If you load up your deck with lightning greaves, swifty boots, assault suit, and the three counters you have access to he can survive on the field for a while. You can also bring him back from the graveyard and use his haste to keep on swinging
>>
>>49612515
>sigaurdas blessing
>flashing on boots in response to targeted removal
loving every laugh
>>
>>49612318

Zurgo was/is my first commander deck o made. Friends all hate it, because he's just such a beatstick when he arrives, and for a while they didn't have much reliable ways to take him out. Instead of doing Voltron, though, I went for lots of board wipes/everything takes pings of damage cards to go with his immunity. It comes out strong, but loses steam quick. I need to get on the bandwagon and go voltron with that deck.
>>
File: 20161002_172013.jpg (4MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20161002_172013.jpg
4MB, 4032x3024px
R8
>>
File: 1452397255830.jpg (4MB, 5770x3216px) Image search: [Google]
1452397255830.jpg
4MB, 5770x3216px
there's an edh league happening at one of my local stores, there hasn't been any rules posted yet or any banned commanders outside of standard EDH rules, what should i be expecting? this is my first time playing an edh league

also what deck should i bring? to lazy to remake my edh list of commanders
i have:
Gisela, blade of goldnight
Roon, of the Hidden Realm
Chainer, Dementia Adept
Athreos, God of Passage
Isperia, the Inscrutable
Teferi, Temporal Archmage (slightly dismantled, but i got time to rebuild)
Riku of Two Reflections (slightly dismantled, but i got time to rebuild)
Feldon of the Third Path

i got decklists for all of them in case anyone wants one
>>
>>49612642
Voltron with him involves about 20-25 boardwipes anyway, plus all the equipment to keep him alive and kicking. It helps that my deck only has 5 creatures including him, so there's lots of room for answers to just about anything along with enough tutors to find them
>>
>>49612642
Oh also do yourself a favor, if you haven't put lapse of certainty, rebuff the wicked, and not of this world in your deck, do it
>>
>>49612779
Dude, it's impossible to say. Every meta is different and vary in competitiveness. For all you know they can be playing Autumn Willow catrips or Scion Hermit Druid. Have you not been there yet? Take your most powerful and least powerful at least to test the ice.
>>
>>49612779
Expect Oloro and combo out the ass if the prize is worth anything.
>>
>>49613059
I've been to the store before but this is the first edh league they are hosting, never been to one before, but the store, atleast to me has an "elitist culture" like air when you walk in, or whenever an employee talks to you it just seems like they ooze "I'm better then you" but ill take note to bring my best/worst decks as well as a middle ground one as well
>>
File: 8.jpg (68KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
8.jpg
68KB, 312x445px
I need multiple bodies in B/W on the cheap and I need them as soon as the card resolves. Is pic related the best way to get multiple bodies without relying on other cards? Teysa requires me to have a board presence already and Ophiomancer makes me wait. Four+ mana is unacceptable.
To be clear, I already searched Magiccards.info with ci!bw cmc<4 o:token -o:nontoken o:"onto the battlefield" is:permanent and found nothing I liked, so I'm looking for your secret body tech.
>>
>>49612779
I wish they would keep updating that picture of all the Walkers and slowly add in all the new ones.

Like really zoom out and off to either side, you could have Domri Rade, Dack Fayden, Xenagos, Saheeli Rai, etc etc then just have Nicol Bolas and Ugin chillin in the background.
>>
>>49613175
Well, I have a store like that too, but the elitism has thankfully lessened. It was mostly because it used to be really small group there when the shop opened and the meta was kind of inbred. People had the attitude you described and they were kind of know it all, even when they were super new.
They only played standard in the beginning and then moved on to modern after a short while of commander in the middle and they scoffed at EDH players for playing such uncompetitive format. Most of them are now more sensible and have found the beauty of edh.
Anyway, if it's a new store, it'll wear off at some point hopefully, if not, you have had a shit luck. Every store has a few of those fuckwads, but sometimes those people happen to gather into one tiny place.
Best of luck and fun games to you, man.
>>
>>49611000
>trips for best blue beater

I still need to tinker with my own brew, it's got a few creatures in there, shit like Pestermite and Deceiver Exarch, plus some sea monsters for flavor. Need to figure out the right counterspells to stick in and some more card draw, but I'm otherwise quite proud of my own Tromo.
>>
>>49608545
>Scooping over that
You're playing with some turbo scrubs.
>>
>>49613166
no prize annouced as of yet, the store said more details will be annouced as the day comes closer, theres a week left.

all i have played with is my normal playgroup and maybe 8-10 other players? all of them varying degrees of competence, i was just gonna be assuming narset voltron, oloro pillowfort, derevri stax, and animar combo

>>49613353
thanks, and the stores been open since roughly around 2000? my store is exactly how you described except apparently they now are starting to get into edh, thankfully there is another store i go to thats within a few miles of them that blows them out of the water, only reason why im going to this one is because
>primarily magic and have 10-12= cases worth of magic cards on display
>better card prices
>>
File: we all chillin n shit.jpg (175KB, 1100x804px) Image search: [Google]
we all chillin n shit.jpg
175KB, 1100x804px
Finally getting back into EDH. Going to a LGS for the first time to play with randoms (always played with friends before they quit). Need to retool one deck and others are definitely not usable for multiplayer.

-Uril 1v1 face bashing
-Olivia 1v1 handstripping/discard Rakdos control

-Daretti (does exactly what you expect him to)
-Oloro combo/control

Oloro is definitely my best but he just wins with Lab Maniac and it's boring for people to play against. I was thinking of retooling him to make an Orzhov lifegain interactive deck (gain life, things happen, spend it to make things happen, win with huge beaters or maybe Exquisite/Sanguine combo). Or maybe just make a mom black Erebos lifegain deck.

My landbase is shit so I don't really want to do 3 coloured. Blue would be great for control but that would mean going back to combo to win which again is boring.

What should I do? Little nervous, don't want to show up with a shit deck nor do I want a deck that just combos out and wins a few turns in.
>>
>>49613454
I swap places, since each store has a different kind of playerbase and meta. I think it's refreshing to play with different kind of people every so often, unless they are turbonerd autists, who tend to be everywhere.
Sadly only other of the stores have a decent amount of singles, the other one has just the owners binder and most of the stuff he has is from around theros or so when he started playing. He has some nice stuff too, like I got Pendrell Mists from him at one point when it spiked to 9 euros in the other store, and that fucking card is like 1-2 euros in mcm.
Kinda blogpost but it happens.
>>
Does anyone know of any spicy Grixis tech? I'm running a 'spellslinger cheat all my best spells into play deck' and I need some Grixis shenanigans to stop other players from making me the archenemy.
>>
>>49607870
cryptolith rite mah nigga
>>
>>49613487
I suggest building a steal some of your stuff / clones / interactive control style deck with a couple janky infinite combo's and like 1-2 tutor effects. It usually scales well but isn't going to be winning turn 4 or anything.
>>
>go to buy card sleeves
>its like 15 dollars to sleeve all the cards in a deck

some fucking bullshit
>>
what are some good blue black commanders? i want to make everyone mad when i play
>>
>>49614456
If you must be UB then Oona, Queen of the Fae is your best bet. Going esper gets you Doomsday Zur, and going grixis gets you Jeleva Storm
>>
>>49614456

https://edhrec.com/commanders/mirko-vosk-mind-drinker

While mill is not everyone's cup of tea, there's no faster way to lose friends than to mill and then exile your opponents.
>>
File: 18.jpg (57KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
18.jpg
57KB, 312x445px
>>49614456
Do Vela ninjitsu or something stupid, don't be a dick in UB.
>>
>>49614572
can confirm.
run Szadek and it's a garbage deck. My friends all fucking hate it because it makes games last years.

make sure to be the douchiest dude when you play it.
>>
File: Sygg valuetown.jpg (64KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Sygg valuetown.jpg
64KB, 312x445px
>>49614456
Play Sygg for value and join the fun of always being able to cast your commander turn two.
>>
>>49614675
>>49614572
is there a better combo for making people upset? i can only enjoy magic truly when the people i am playing with are furious
>>
File: IMG_1562.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1562.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
Anyone got some tips for a deck revolving around awtherflux resevoir? Friend of mine made a blue/white deck with it but I'm gonna try my hand at black white, since I've got some cool cards.

Also ask a nigga who saw his friends pull 4 masterpieces today anything.
>>
>>49613184
Hallowed Spiritkeeper relies on other cards in the graveyard.

Spingjack Sheperd is good but only if you have devotion going. Anthems do wonders for this and white has many WW/1WW creatures.

Other than that you are going to have to rely on sorceries for low cmc token production in white.
>>
>>49614996
Sydri
>>
Is there any good commander for the following cards:

Mycoloth, Doubling Season, Parallel Lives, Primal Vigor, Corpsejack Menace, Korozda Guildmage, Ghoulcaller Gisa, Feed the Pack
>>
>>49615149
Is it just worth it to switch to blue/black/white? I already have an r/g/b commander deck and I'm a bit of a casual/new.
>>
>>49615197
Ghoulcaller Gisa is a great commander.
>>
>>49614996

You've got the Molesting Tree, and Felidar Sovereign, try Alyi, Eternal Pilgrim out? Super low cost, and she's an enabler for the Reservoir. Plus nothing's better than that tree putting someone to 13 life, and you to 80 if they don't stop it.
>>
>>49614419
>spends upwards of $500 on a deck
>"go to buy card sleeves, its like 15 dollars to sleeve all the cards in a deck"
>"some fucking bullshit"

honestly, I would spend more just to make sure they're safe.
what is really strange, I love buying weathered cards. Not ripped or bent, but worn edges.
And i Still want to double sleeve them
>>
>>49615234
I know, but I'm wanting something GBx so I can use the other cards on that list.
>>
>>49615226
Absolutely. Sydri can give the resevoir lifelink, so you get the 50 life back as soon as it resolves and you can do it again.
>>
>>49615197
Prossh or Sek'Kuar in jund colors.
Ghave in junk colors.
Jarad, Mazirek, or Varolz in golgari.
>>
>>49615320
Prosh and Mazirek look good. Ghave seems a little slow and underwhelming. Which would create a better synergy?
>>
I wanna make a brago deck but what tools can I use to make sure he swings in safely? I dont really know how to make the combat damage commanders work
>>
>>49609912
>>49609933
>>49609936
You fucking kids. I've been playing Tamanoa for years.
Not technically lifelink, but BETTER lifelink
>>
>>49615562
No, it's worse since it's a triggered ability and can be responded to.
>>
>>49615397
Ghave synergizes well with just about anything that makes tokens or +1/+1 counters. The running joke with Ghave is that he accidentally goes infinite with anything that is reasonably good with tokens. Prossh is also really good with a ton of synergies. Mazirek fits nicely into a deck with either of them as the general, but having Mazirek as the head is also worth considering if you want the higher consistency from having to deal with less colors.

If choosing between Prossh and Ghave, I think it comes down to choosing between whether you prefer white (juniper order ranger, cathars' crusade, aura shards, recursion like Saffi Eriksdotter and sun titan, cheap removal like swords to plowshares) or red (goblin bombardment, mana echoes, impact tremors, Purphoros, vicious shadows) support options. Also be warned that both Prossh and Ghave have a reputation and may draw more fire towards to you.
>>
>>49615662
I'll go with Mazirek, then. I might try Ghave eventually, as I like some of the support white gives.
>>
>>49615397
Ghave seems slow but he basically says "You go infinite, have fun with that."
>>
>>49605956
I think he looks like Guy-Manuel from Daft Punk
>>
Is there any way of running some form of Lantern Control in EDH?
>>
>>49615964

play sliver queen and use the fateseal sliver, then at each player's turn put a sliver token into play
>>
Looks like I just found two more counters for my Zurgo deck (which is also my 1st deck) cheers for that, I'm running not of this world at the moment and its kept the game in my favor on so many occasions giving me the win, usually ill be swinging for lethal damage on turn 3 but sometimes if I'm a little slow out the gate I'll get shut down until someone slips up further down the track.
>>
>>49615964
Maybe in french, but trying to control 4 player's libraries is nigh impossible.
>>
File: sharuum.jpg (96KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
sharuum.jpg
96KB, 800x600px
Anyone have a Sharuum list they would like to share? Looking for ideas for my own.
>>
>>49616046
Sculpting Steel + Disciple of the Vault
Sword + Thopters

ie combos
>>
What are some fun, aggro based commanders? (I know it's the worst strategy)

I currently already have Krenko, Omnath and Kaalia.
>>
File: Lake of the Dead_AL.jpg (58KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Lake of the Dead_AL.jpg
58KB, 312x445px
Post pet cards
>>
File: Future Sight.jpg (72KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Future Sight.jpg
72KB, 312x445px
>>49616131
Good taste
>>
>>49616115
I already have the obvious stuff. I'm more looking for tricky tech.
>>
>>49616127
>>
File: Tomb of Urami_SOK.jpg (75KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Tomb of Urami_SOK.jpg
75KB, 312x445px
>>49616131
>>
>>49616127
Kalemne
>>
File: 12418.jpg (393KB, 1000x1383px) Image search: [Google]
12418.jpg
393KB, 1000x1383px
>>49616131
>>
>>49616150
Considering it.

>>49616200
Card looks pretty bad.
>>
File: Zurgo Helmsmasher_KTK.jpg (69KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Zurgo Helmsmasher_KTK.jpg
69KB, 312x445px
>>49616127
Come on anon, go with the cocksmasher himself
>>
>>49616347

this guy is garbage as fuck but i do love the detail on the dusty ground in his art
>>
File: Hunding Gjornersen_LG.jpg (68KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Hunding Gjornersen_LG.jpg
68KB, 312x445px
>>49616127
Hard azorious control with this fuck going off. You could permanently shame a deck if you beat it.
>>
>>49616200
I agree, but she wins more frequently in a midrange deck
>>
>>49616347
I always considered him more of a permanent-based control deck, rather than an aggro one.
>>
File: chainer.jpg (29KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
chainer.jpg
29KB, 223x310px
>>49616131
>>
File: Zurgo Helmsmasher_DDN.jpg (65KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Zurgo Helmsmasher_DDN.jpg
65KB, 312x445px
>>49616365
>>49616389

Regardless, he gets the job done. I like this art of him.
>>
File: Olivia, Mobilized for War_SOI.jpg (44KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Olivia, Mobilized for War_SOI.jpg
44KB, 312x445px
>>49616127
>>
File: download.jpg (10KB, 178x248px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
10KB, 178x248px
>>49616131
>>
>>49616389
Most Voltron decks are actually control decks that use their commander as the wincon which is a very efficient strategy for control archetypes as it eliminates the need to draw threats in addition to answers. true aggro voltron decks tend towards the not very good spectrum.
>>
>>49616150
>>49616274
She's a lot of fun. I need to rebrew her, since my first draft went way too tall, not nearly wide enough. Then again , swinging for 47 on turn 5 isn't nothing.
>>
>>49616566
I mean as shit a strategy as go wide is in commander I genuinely think she's the best at it barring maybe a sidegrade based on meta with Agrus kos. She just has the stipulation that you need to go wide enough to kill everyone at once which is tough even with +3 from her.
>>
>>49616131
Goat card in Gitrog.
>>
>>49616127
Because it's 100% fucking hilarious when they forget his second ability.
>>
>>49616556
Also I say this but I've been knee deep working on Karlov who is probably "true" aggro voltron. And boy does it show though it's more to the nature of what the deck needs to work versus needing to kill 3 people even though that's a factor as well.
>>
File: Grenzo, Havoc Raiser_CN2.jpg (58KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Grenzo, Havoc Raiser_CN2.jpg
58KB, 312x445px
>>49616127
>>
File: artifact fun.jpg (29KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
artifact fun.jpg
29KB, 223x310px
>>49616131
>>
>>49616590

If you're just hoping for a +3 or maybe +4 in a weird game, why wouldn't you just play jor kadeen for the easier +3 considering how it's like 150x better to be able to swing however you like rather than be forced to spread your damage around?
>>
File: waves of aggression.jpg (33KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
waves of aggression.jpg
33KB, 223x310px
>>49616590
I don't like Kos so much. I like swinging with robots sometimes, and he himself needs to attack to trigger. Nobilis of War is better in a lot of ways (I have both in the 99).
>>49616688
Melee triggers each declare attackers step. Pic related is the best card in the deck.
>>
>>49616688
It's really not a big deal having to spread damage. It seems like it is but because of how melee works its fine. It's kind of like myriad. You don't get triggers but he principle is the same. Say you have 3 1/1 tokens. You swing all 3 at one person, they take 3 damage. What melee says is that instead of swinging all 3 at one person for 3 damage, you swing with 1/1 each at 3 people, and you get +3/+3 making them 4/4s, and you hit everyone for 4 instead one person for three.

I think adriana is better because she just works in and of herself. Jor Kadeen still needs to hit metal craft. It's not that hard on an eternal format and with a 5 mana commander that asks you to play some ramp anyway but it still requires some sort of set up versus none. Plus I dunno odd situations where the toughness matters.
>>
>>49616746
>>49616776
Personally i didn't even consider multiple attack steps. That's a thing I guess.
>>
>>49616776

No it definitely is a big deal to have to spread the damage

I mean sure in your little example, it's better to have Adriana then nothing, melee is better than no buff at all, but jor Kadeem's buff lets you do 12 damage to one person instead of 4 damage to 3

Melee seems antithetical to going wide, the main advantage of going wide is that you can overload blockers, if your opponents have 1/2 good blockers then Adriana is awful, whereas jor kadeen lets you do big damage to somebody who only has 1 or 0 good blockers

The toughness thing is definitely a good advantage, only problem is that it only lasts for the attack step, whereas jor kadeen makes your creatures good blockers too

I think it's pretty clear that jor kadeen is simply superior as a card, Adriana isn't bad it's just melee isn't good in edh
>>
>>49616869
What I mean is that it doesn't make a difference that you have to spread your attacks and what makes melee work as a multiplayer mechanic is because you kill people as fast as you do with buffs like jorkadeen's. The difference is just in what order people go down in. With, say, jor Kadeen, you kill one person, then kill the next, then kill the next assuming no interaction obv. With Adrianna, you will still take roughly 3 attack steps, but everyone will die at once instead of one at a time. The theory behind it and myriad for that matter is that by spreading damage people won't feel like they're being ganged up on, but you are still being just as efficient time-wise. Whether or not that holds up is another thing but considering that they aimed for this goal with two different mechanics in two different sets it must be a real feelings most people have.

That boros angel tried to do a similar thing in C15 and I think people feel burned by that and myriad being only on trashy creatures. But it isn't INHERENTLY a bad thing to spread your attacks as long as the reward is proportional which it is with melee.
>>
Mazirekfag from earlier. I just tested the deck out on Cockatrice, and it was hella fun. Really like the synergies with Persist creatures. Looped out my opponents' ETB trigger creatures from their graves with a Puppeteer Clique.
>>
>>49616869
>>49616947
I do agree the one downside is that yeah Id there are one or two big creatures then it makes melee a lot worse. But I don't know if it actually is that bad in practice. In both decks if you arent putting more bodies on board you're naturally going to not be able keep up anyway, whether it's because of weenies getting eaten up by blockers or due to removal or whatever. And that's one of the reasons WR as a strategy probably doesn't really work.
>>
>>49616947

i think the problem is blockers

lets say you have 3 1/1s and either jor kadeen or adriana, in play

1 opponent has a 5/5, another has a 4/4, and another has a 1/1 and thats it

with jor kadeen you can swing at whoever you need to deal damage to, maybe the guy with a 5/5 has a planeswalker you need to kill, thats fine because youre still gonna get to kill it

with adriana you have no good attacks at all really, because you'd be throwing away one of your tokens, just to maybe trade with the guy with a 4/4 or deal 0 damage total, to any player

when going wide, each opponent is likely going to have 1 or 2 creatures that outsize most of yours, so you need to be able to throw enough creatures at them that you can deal big damage anyway

the metalcraft thing definitely matters, but in RW you should be heavily artifact based anyway, i think the main thing would be it leaves you vulernable to mass artifact hate compared to adriana
>>
>>49616746
Jor Kadeen doesn't need to attack to trigger his buff. Just thought I'd point that out.

>>49616947
I can see that being benefit. Taking multiple opponents out quickly rather than potentially dragging things out by going after them one at a time may overall keep all players in the game at the same time longer. Plus seeing one player demolish another completely raises the threat assessment to the attacker, much in the same way people pile on Rafiq after he takes someone out. Then again I can also see everyone getting irked from being attacked and then ganging up on the Adriana player.
>>
>>49616947
>>49616869
Spreading out your attacks is a downside, but it's a political upside. When you can blame your commander for your attacks, you avoid becoming archenemy very easily.
>>49617010
>Plus seeing one player demolish another completely raises the threat assessment to the attacker, much in the same way people pile on Rafiq after he takes someone out
Exactly this.
>>
>>49617010
>Then again I can also see everyone getting irked from being attacked and then ganging up on the Adriana player.
My experience has shown this doesn't happen. Even after Ulting a Nahiri, taking 3 combat phases, and hitting all 5 opponents in one turn, I didn't have one person swing in on me, and the combo player didn't even take me out when he could've (he took out Purph). Maybe once it starts seeing more play, it'll get more hate, like how nobody lets Nekusar fuck around anymore.
>>
>>49616046
Sydri, but put sharuum in sydri
>>
Can Ephara work as a voltron general? What should i look for to choose a voltron general?
>>
>>49617298
Look for a general that has the following qualities:

>Colors you like to control in
>Solid combat stats and keywords
>Abilities that give you an edge in facefucking

My personal favorite voltron is Surrak Dragonclaw.
>>
>>49617298

ehh, i mean she has good p/t and is indestructible but thats where the positives end for her as a voltron general

just imagine her suited up and you swing then somebody instant speed removes one of your permanents and you lose devotion....

a good voltron general should protect itself and/or be able to kill a player in 1-2 swings, thats why uril, sigarda, and rafiq are popular

ideally you want white because it gives you access to stoneforge mystic or stonehwere giant for equipment, or all the white aura related stuff and the best auras

now i do think ephara is a strong general though, so if you like her i think you should go for it, i just dont recommend voltron with ephara
>>
>>49617298

>Can Ephara work as a voltron general?

Kinda?

I mean, her abilities basically don't support it at all, but her colors are good for it.

I would look at Hanna, Ship's Navigator or Daxos of Melitis if you want to Voltron in UW.
>>
>>49617298
If your heart is set on those colors, try Bruna or Ojutai. A voltron commander who isn't always a creature is not justifiable.
>>
>>49616174
Wow thats shit.

>>49616249
How is this a pet card?
>>
File: gisela.png (134KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
gisela.png
134KB, 223x311px
>>49617402
>>49617377
>>49617364
Right, i forgot about devotion, that could screw me up royally. Bruna looks good though.
Also am i reading Gisela right? She halves/doubles combat damage i receive/deal too or only damage from sorceries, abilities and instants? If so should i make her a commander or put her in the 99 and choose another commander with those colors?
>>
>>49617463
All damage. Including combat damage. She can make a nice general, but Boros doesn't have many good generals.
>>
>>49617463
Any source. Combat damage, abilities, sorceries, whatever.
>>
File: hidetsugu.jpg (34KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
hidetsugu.jpg
34KB, 223x310px
>>49617463
All damage. Pic related is funny with her.

She's an alright commander, but I think she fits better in the 99 of Kaalia, Mayael, etc.
Boros is just a rough color combo to build. Aurelia is more popular by a small margin.
https://edhrec.com/commanders/rw/
>>
>>49617463

gisela is one of those cards that seems absurdly broken at first glance but in practice its actually just decent. 7 mana and dies to anything, but if she lives things can get pretty silly
>>
>>49617463
Her interaction with Water Tower can get pretty silly, both if it's used against her and with her.
>>
>>49617463
Archangel Avacyn is my favorite RW commander. Thanks to her flash, you can play with a lot of instants and cycling cards and draw-go early game.
>>
>>49617713

Flash creatures are my favorite thing in magic
>>
>>49617463
It doesn't even have to be damage you deal to get doubled. If one opponent hits another, it's still doubled.

>>49617477
Boros has plenty of good commanders. Some of my favorites have been Boros.
>>
>>49618144

>Boros has plenty of good commanders

Not really.
>>
>>49618195
Maybe it's just preference, but I disagree.

Aurelia is one of my favorite decks.
>>
>>49618144
Sadly, boros is very limited on commanders, and almost all of them are specced towards combat damage/phases.

That's why I like Brion Stoutarm, he's one of the more unique Boros commanders.
>>
>>49618195

Limited, yes, but I wouldn't say bad. Aside from Brion (and I suppose one could argue Gisela), they're all based around combat, but the RW combination as a whole is based around combat too, so that's unsurprising. If you don't wanna go sideways for the win, then RW probably isn't the color to go.
>>
>>49618227

Aurelia fun, but Boros is still a poor combination, probably the poorest there is.

It doesn't have NO good commanders, but it has fewer than everyone else and has the problem of also being a awkward spot in general due to a complete lack of good draw.
>>
>>49618379

I would say the Boros generals are actually pretty good, Aurelia and gisela are very powerful cards and the tier below (jor kadeen, Iroas, brion, etc) isn't bad either, it's the color combo that's bad

The opposite would be UB, which is probably the second best 2-color combo but most of the generals are just varying iterations of mill and even the best one oona is just an infinite mana sink that is pretty weak when played fairly
>>
>friend in group keeps his mana artifacts with his lands
>started last game with a sol ring and a signet on turn 1 or 2
>had them for the entirety of the game
>near the end of the game, point at his mana artifacts and ask him not to hide them like that since it makes his boardstate unclear and asking him if he has any artifacts is a question that reveals your intentions
>he acts like i'm being a douche
>another player says "oh shit" and immediately casts removal on the sol ring when i point out that he still has it

is it just me or is this poor behavior on his part? how do i make him stop it? the guy shuffles and stacks his lands constantly onto a big pile

i'm thinking i'm about to start hiding 7 mana permanents with my lands too and acting all smug about it too
>>
>>49618515

I think the only problem is him getting defensive about it

I also stack my mana rocks with lands together a lot of the time because they are all mana sources and it's easy to keep them like that when the main thing I'm worried about is counting my mana correctly
>>
>>49618580
would you be fine with someone keeping his mana dorks and lands together too? i'm not trying to be cute, genuine question
>>
>>49618515
I have friends who do this too. I know for a fact one of them will not change. Hes basically got a life motto that is something like 'I'm going to do what I want to make my life easier, and to hell with anyone else.' Of course not in those exact words. Anyways since hes unable to understand other peoples views on things easily hes not likely to ever change his ways, as I am sure your friend wont as well. If you consistently pry at it in a way thats not dickish, like reminders or subtly saying things that reinforce not playing artifacts by lands you may eventually get him to change, but it's very unlikely. Maybe if you could engineer a way that him playing his artifacts back and making piles of his lands could blow up in his face by a misplay or something then that might work, but thats beyond me to imagine. Anyway you're just going to have to accept it. Otherwise its going to ruin your fun.
>>
>>49616127
See >>49617532
>>
R8 my pile /tg/

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/wheelchair-tool-box/
>>
>>49619090
Looks about standard. Its technically good, but to me it lacks personality. That being said I am sure it will win just fine if there isint mass artifact hate in your meta. You might want to consider adding something like Hellkite Tyrant. You could also add some artifact lands, but I don't care for them. Also your Myr Sire better be the spanish version, otherwise the whole deck is shit.
>>
>>49619192
>Hellkite Tyrant
eh, haven't bothered to get it yet, along with darksteel reactor. And i already have the artifact lands that can go in
>>
>>49618195

Gisela, Aurelia, Brion, and, probably after next set, Depala are all excellent commanders for Boros.

Boros' problems come from the color pie fucking them on Ramp and Card Draw, two insanely important aspects of commander.

Both red and white need to rely on artifacts mainly to get these and artifacts are vulnerable as shit. Because of this Boros ramps and draws like a bitch and can burn out way to quickly.

The commanders or even creatures aren't the problem, the problem is that Wizards needs to make these colors have actual ramp and draw in some way shape or form without their fanbase screeching about "muh color wheel".
>>
I'm thinking of building a fun tribal deck, what general would be good for building an Angel tribal build?

Boros has awful ramp for a deck that is supposed to play a bunch of powerful angels and I really don't want to do Kaalia so I was thinking maybe Jenna, Asura of War... but then I don't get the RW angels.

Man, I wish naya had an awesome angel commander, would help a lot. Maybe I should just go 5 color...
>>
>>49619376
Dont do angel tribal. Do beast tribal. No one suspects beasts.
>>
>>49619376
why not Johan? gives all your guys vig, which fits the angel theme? or any of the other naya commanders. Or wait for the 4 colour decks to come this november. Mnn i'm hyped for those
>>
>I really don't want to do Kaalia
Your locking out the most synergic commander for an angel tribal, why play a commander that doesn't suit your deck a part from being an angel if you're going tribal?
>>
>>49619376
I have a friend that runs Karona, False God as their commander and just runs angel tribal. The angels serve Karona for flavor and he never casts her, just uses her to play RWBG cards to allow him access to all the tools. Its not that bad actually.
>>
>>49619449
>Playing a clearly half demon angel in a pure angel waifu deck

I'm not that anon but I can understand the lack of care for Kaalia, plus she's a terrible commander with a predictably stupid strategy.
>>
>>49619376
How about Brisela?
>>
>>49619453
>Karona angel tribal
>he never casts her
What the fuck,
>>
>>49619438
Not him, but there's what, 3 legendary Beasts? Gahiji would probably be the best choice
>>
>>49619521
Why would a God descend from the heavens to fight? That is what the angels are for. At least that is what his flavor is, really its an excuse since he wants access to 4 colors and he can ALMOST make sense of Karona.
>>
So I have a that guy story from the other day

>playing fnm the other day
>overhear some guy behind me talking to two other guys playing a game
>"do you guys play commander, you should come to our commander league on Sunday, commander is the best I only play commander, where do you guys live is it far away to come to commander? "
>other two guys are meekly replying just trying to enjoy their game as the guy keeps talking
>"how cool is the new legendary vehicle, I can't wait to have it as my commander"
>one of the other guys just tells him that you can't have it as a commander, because it's not a creature
>to which he replies "yeah you can, just like Elbrus the binding blade can be your commander too!"
>sit there in silence completely dumbfounded as to how idiots like that don't know the rules
>>
Thinking of brewing a Sen Triplets deck with light flavor around stealing shit directly from hands/libraries/graveyards. So far have stuff like U/W Daxos, Praetor's Grasp, Ashiok, Gonti, Memory Plunder, Luminate Primordial, Sphinx Ambassador. Any other spicy tech out there?
>>
>>49619841
Herald of Leshrac
>>
>>49619855
Checked. Thanks - seems like a good addition and I like that he only needs one black, solid for a three color monstrosity if I don't get chromatic lantern
>>
>>49619530
You don't have to even use a beast for the commander. Just something in naya. Call it a beast army under say Rith, or even Mayael.
>>
>>49619810
People like you are why I never even bother asking if I could play my Glint-Eye deck.
>>
>Time to build a new deck
>Want to build a solid deck
>Looking around I see Yisan
>Highly consistent commander
>Also a fun toolbox with aggro, combo, and stax options all in the same deck
>Diverse as fuck
>But is a tier 1 deck designed to win turn 4-5 consistently
>Makes it far too fast and interactive for my local play groups
>Difficult to make a 75% version due to how specific its win conditions are
>Now struggling to choose a less interesting commander

My life is suffering /edh/ general... I spent the past week brewing a deck that can win turn 5 only to realize that it wont be viable in my meta due to being too fast. My playgroups wont be able to keep up without creating an arms race most of them cant go that route. Now every deck I'm brewing feels so much less synergistic and interesting... How do you guys shake this feeling.
>>
>>49619841
Not stealing related, but you might want Diplomatic Immunity. I love it because they basically have to boardwipe to get rid of anything its on short of a sacrafice effect.
>>
>>49619942
Well I mean option a is just go more toolbox and deliberately not combo off, just fill it with interactive cards and tutor for those.

Option b is to just cry and realise your play group will never step up I prefer this option.
>>
>>49619942
I know this feeling with my Mizzix deck. I made a few changes to the precon and it became way to strong for my playgroups and had to disassemble it for something less insane. Its just a thing we have to deal with sometimes...
>>
>>49619942
Remove the Stax and the infinite mana combos.
Focus on making the deck "Birthing pod toolbox.deck" with creatures answering the board state.
It will slow the deck down to winning on turn 6 earliest, and only if no one bothers you and makes the deck win with craterhoof most often or eldrazi, a much more interesting build for lesser decks.

trust me, your play group will learn the dangers, start prioritizing the ways to deal with you and your deck will become very enjoyable. Don't worry about power level, I guarantee that after a few weeks you'll be adding more power back in to meta the table and your friends will meta you as well.

Things will even out. You will still win often, but it will feel less crazy. Yisan is a solid deck but has weaknesses that can be exploited.

His place in the top tier is because he counters ALOT of the combo decks in top tier as his deck royally fucks the artifact ramps and crazy enchantments and artifacts of the top tier decks, in normal casual play his removal is less relevant and he can be slowed down easier.
>>
>>49604891
Link that locus of mana my dude
>>
>>49606903
>Wondering if Kaalia land destruction is viable. >The plan is to destroy lands in an effort to protect kaalia from getting fucked off the table

Honestly, unless you can pull Armageddon the turn after she's cast, no. Spot land destruction wouldn't work as well. I think kaliaa is doomed to be hatefucked off the table until the end of time
>>
So is this a viable infinite combo?
Mikaeus, the Unhallowed
+
Tatterkite/Chainbreaker/Puppeteer Clique/Wingrattle Scarecrow
+
Blasting station
OR
Any sac engine + Blood Artist/Zulaport Cutthroat

Mike makes the scarecrows undying, they all have a way to avoid +1/+1 tokens so they return an infinite amount of times so i sac them infinite times while another card(s) procs on each of them making my opponent(s) loose life
I can do the same with Triskelion+Mike but this one is another win condition in case i don't get access to Triskelion
Other win conditions i plan to add are Triskelion+Necrotic Ooze+Phyrexean Devourer and Phyrexean Devourer+Jarad

My current commander is Meren, what other cool win conditions should i add?
>>
>>49620218
>So is this a viable infinite combo?
Yes.

>what other cool win conditions should i add?
I assume you're already running Mazirek in the deck. He also combos with the persist dudes.
Grave Pact effects allow you to play a grindier game, letting you swing at your enemies while they have no creatures.
And if you find yourself to often have a lot of creatures on the field, Craterhoof is always an option.

Secret Spice: Mortal Combat
>>
Remember to put Woodfall Primus in there too.
>>
>>49604888
>Zendikar
A devoid Eldrazi that is RBUG...
Finally able to play all the interesting eldrazi...
But the commander will probably have some garbage mechanic based on BFZ...I'm both excited and already know I'm going to be disappointed at the same time.

>Innistrad

It would be too complicated to see for a single tribe like werewolves so I have no idea how that would work.

I would rather have the flip commander be a Mirrowind/Shadowmoor commander that when it flips goes from happy GW to scary BU with mechanics favoring an early game development with the GW side, maybe help with mana fixing and ramp, and a more game winning focus on the BU side, as now that your board is set up you can try to win.

>Takir
Easy to do. No problems there.

>Kaladesh
I hope not, energy is too limiting to pull off reliably in EDH, unless next set goes overboard on the energy and makes them more then just occasional pump effects.

>Theros
Could be awesome, make the Gemini actually two enchantment creatures that sit in the command zone together and each support half the aspect of your deck, but once both are on the field they synergize insanely well, maybe even make them meld into one proper god.

I could see these working, no idea what they would really do but I'm sure they will be interesting.
>>
File: Lorwyn Basic Panorama.jpg (293KB, 808x1457px) Image search: [Google]
Lorwyn Basic Panorama.jpg
293KB, 808x1457px
>>49620337
>Mirrowind
L O R W Y N
O
R
W
Y
N
H A N G Y O U R S E L F
>>
>>49620482
>Those lands tho

I want the Islands and the Swamps for my Lazav deck....
>>
>>49620482
Why cant all basics be full art? At least then you wont be sad when you get one in a pack
>>
>>49620597
Wizards dosnt care about making us happy, they care about making money. People wont open more packs for full art land, and at some point the amount of extra ink has to play into printing costs.
>>
File: Image (14).jpg (37KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image (14).jpg
37KB, 223x310px
>>49616131
For some reason I stick this guy in almost every deck that runs red. I love pairing him up with Mana Barbs.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (22KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
22KB, 480x360px
How good is the Professor at EDH?

I think the quality of his video's is the best on Youtube and they are very enjoyable to watch but how good is he at actually making decks.

His Teysa deck seems fine along with his Experiment Kraj but what do you guys think about him overall involving EDH?

I know I bought my deck boxes because of his videos but only now noticed his EDH builds.
>>
>>49619376
Ask your playgroup about letting you use Maelstrom Archangel as a commander. Behold my list of benefits:
Commander is angel
You get green
You can run Conflux to find five angels (I recommend Sigarda or Jellymoose for the green one)
Don't have to worry about that WWW in Avacyn's cost, just cheat her out!
Run stupid huge spells like Clone Legion and Curse of the Cabal

Keep Karona around in case nerds won't let you run the nonlegendary waifu
>>
>>49620804
>Jellymoose
Not that anon but literally who?
>>
File: 123.jpg (76KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
123.jpg
76KB, 312x445px
>>49620851
I pity them, never knowing the pleasures of a single familiar form, but at least they find a noble shape at times.
>>
>>49613487

Anyone got any suggestions?
>>
>>49604891
I wanna see the trostani commander deck
>>
>>49620787
Yeah he has good edited videos and information, but it's just standard stuff really like reading off EDHREC. You can go and find all the information yourself easily, I know I prefer to read forums and articles instead of videos on a commander just so I get differing opinions. I do prefer mtgoldfish's deck tech video format to TCC though, just seems more comprehensive and works through it better.
>>
>>49616347
>>49616403
You can run him in New Marchesa, and Recruiter of the Guard can grab him. Either with him or Marchesa at the helm, permanent-based control is a totally viable strategy.
Throw in an Alesha if you've got the Recruiter, and go for a low-toughness, high-power deck.

>>49616566
What are some of the important cards to run with her? I can't think of anything good out of what I already own.

Gathering a memepost now. All of my decks are sub-100$ budget stuff. I didn't even know I was this poor.
>>
>>49613487
>>49620923

Go for a life effect deck. Run effects like necrologia. Run the new water tower
>>
>>49619376
Geist of St. Traft
>>
File: Odric, Keyword Marshal.png (108KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Odric, Keyword Marshal.png
108KB, 223x311px
I've been doing a little theorycraft with this guy and he seems like a ton of fun, anyone know some dank tech in should keep in mind?
>>
>>49619376
If you want to be real, there si Jo "angel tribal" commander besides Kaalia. Nothing has synergy with or supports angels. Your closest is probably going to be Kalemnr in WR and the carrot she gives you to follow simply isn't good enough to warrant doing so imo.
>>
>>49621504
>there si Jo
Is no
Also I remembered fading bruna who h is kinda angel tribal buy she's mono white, so.
>>
>>49621501
Use equipments to get at some of the tougher keywords
>>
>>49620172
It's pretty ok. It has the chance to be really fast, but also hold it's own in long games.
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/22-08-14-omnath-edh/

>>49621018
I've added some more removal, but haven't updated it.
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/trostani-sv-edh/
>>
File: Carnival of Souls_UD.jpg (63KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Carnival of Souls_UD.jpg
63KB, 312x445px
What do you have in the mail, edhgen? What decks are you working on/pimping out?

Pic related for me, deck is enderek stax.

I've been around for the past month or so talking to another endrek player and a mazirek player, I recommended pentavus to a few people
>>
File: Angelic_Overseer.jpg (27KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Angelic_Overseer.jpg
27KB, 223x310px
>>49621501
>>
Why does everybody in this thread think kaalia is bad? Every good commander that doesn't have hexproof is also a removal magnet. Cheating creatures into play is good and mardu is pretty well rounded for playing a methodical control game.
>>
>>49619262
I actually don't think that the ramp and draw problem is as bad for boros as people make it out to be. Red has that pseudo draw on a lot of their cards now, and white has had some decent draw cards over the years. Neither of them have that great of ramp options, but there is so much artifact ramp that it can make up for it pretty well. They certainly don't have it as good as other colors but they do it decently enough in my opinion that it hasn't been much of a problem in my decks.
>>
>>49621501
Here's my list for him, it could be better (missing removal and control but eh) but it's a lot of fun

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/all-for-one-and-50-for-all/
>>
>>49621765

I'm thinking of making a Kaalia deck so I'm interested in this as well.

I'm planning on basically making it be a land destruction/control deck to try and protect kaalia and grind the game out using her or other cheats
>>
>>49621765
She is bad for several reasons. First being the fact she attracts the worst kind of players. Second being she begs for a deck to be built solely around cheating huge shit onto the field. If she gets removed once, you're in a hole for a turn. Removed twice, it's not even value to cast her anymore. You may as well hardcast the shit she cheats out at that point. She also places a huge target on your head, and screams "save your removal for me! "

She will be the first to be fucked up and every time you play her you'll sit and do nothing all game. On top of all that, she's like what, fifty bucks?
>>
>>49621831

If sneak attack is in your budget I recommend it

I also recommend a good suite of reanimation spells

Deck should be mostly mana rocks, card draw, and removal, because you only need to cheat in a couple fatties with kaalia to do some work as long as you're also disrupting everybody else, and if you go the MLD route you only need to draw one MLD card, the important thing is that you have a lot of mana rocks in play when you wipe lands
>>
File: EDHDecksOct.jpg (393KB, 1117x1135px) Image search: [Google]
EDHDecksOct.jpg
393KB, 1117x1135px
Witchbane Orb or Agis of the Gods in Karador?
Trying to stave off Bogs and Tombs.
I don't have leyline :(

Rate/Hate/Berate
>>
we need a new thread
>>
>>49620762

BUILD A WALL AND MAKE THEM PAY FOR IT
>>
>>49621851

The first reason doesn't make sense, that's just you being a fag. The second reason also doesn't make any sense, unless you're a fag, which you clearly are.

Maybe you play in a low power meta but every commander that actually does something screams "save your removal for me". This is like saying consecrated Sphinx is bad because people will never let it live if they can remove it.
>>
>>49621880
So make one yourself
>>
>>49621871
Thanks for the advice, I'm going through the mana rocks I have right now. Sneak Attack will certainly be added.
>>
>>49619810
>Elbrus the binding blade
Next thing people are gonna claim that you can use the kaldra equipment set as commander.
>>
>>49621851
This

Kaalia is bad because of just how advertised her ability and deck strategy ultimately is. You see her shit coming a mile away and can easily stop it.

Other commanders similar, like Alesha, are cheeper more toned down and say "i'm going to pull a value creature back that you can see in my graveyard" vs Kaalia which can drop Avacen the first time she swings, Sire of Insanity the second and then win right there.

Those huge swings make her potential insane for players and is what leads to her getting sniped often. Which by the second time erases any need to play her at all.

She only drops Demons Dragons and angels so she cant really tutor into any insane combos as well. Alesha can at least grab revilarch for shenanigans.
>>
>>49621965

You guys are just describing the good things about kaalia and then saying those are bad things

If you and your meta weren't bad at magic then literally every commander advertises the deck strategy, unless you just mean that you like to surprise people you've never played with before by running a do nothing commander at the head of a theme deck

>kaalia is so bad that you'll be archenemy guys
>she's so bad everybody will save their removal to try and beat you, it's the worst

Lol
>>
>>49621683
My kiki-jiki should arrive by friday, but I didn't order it, it's a birthday gift from a friend of mine for me.

He's returning the favour I did him, when he had his birthday earlier this year I gave him about 10 cards to start his very first deck with (he'd already made a list so I knew roughly what he wanted/needed).
>>
>>49621818

that skyspear seems low power. Why not a revellark even the new vampire whitehawk?
>>
File: kaalia players.jpg (114KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
kaalia players.jpg
114KB, 720x960px
>>49621871
>>49621831
>>49621765

>preparing to play a match of edh with two randoms at my lgs
>me (endrek sahr), experiment kraj , uril.
>greasy 80 lb guy with beady eyes sits with us without asking and starts to unload his deck
>it's kaalia
>game begins, my opponents ask to reread endrek
>they either make a slight frown, shrug, or look confused.
>match starts as most do.
>kaalia guy casts signets, mana fixing.
>casts kaalia, immediately removed by uril player ie swords to plowshares.
>"dude, what the fuck?? I didn't do anything to you! "
>uril guy says she's scary, so he removed it.
>"that's it, I'm killing you first! "
>proceeds to recast kaalia twice, getting her removed both times by seperate players.
>"wow. Fuck you guys. I didn't do anything! "

>>49621907
>>49622008
Kaaliafag detected
Man, you're beligerant. Can't quite tell if you're fucking with me.
>>
>>49622008
>You guys are just describing the good things about kaalia and then saying those are bad things

There's a difference between being bad and being predictable enough to be easily counterable.
The fact is that she makes you a huge threat the moment she drops for the first time, so people will have removal at the ready before you can use her ability.

The second time you cast her, her ability isn't as useful anymore because as mentioned, you might as well hard cast whatever you wanted to cheat out.
>>
>>49622008
>Post common criticism about a commander viewed as subpar but flavorable
>"NOOOO, YOUR SO BAD AS MAGIC! KAALIA IS GREAT GUYS"
>>
>>49622084
I see the "hey I have a giant target above my head" aspect of Kaalia, unlike the other guy I'm more interested in a Mardu control deck, that happens to use Kaalia as a win condition.

My group has no MLD and I think Mardu probably has the best combination of cards to introduce it. Kaalia just happens to be a commander who can work as another wincon.

Thoughts?

Also lol at the dude getting pissed at removal when he's playing such a big target.
>>
>>49621765
Honestly I think people worry too much about being a target. Even if you play Kaalia you'd have to be the only person at the table with a threatening commander to really get focused down, ignoring personality flaws. I feel it's greatly exaggerated. I have a Kaalia at my table and she just can't be focused down because we all play tuned decks with threatening commanders (usually). It's just not that easy. There may br some groups where someone picks up Kaalia and everyone is playing a legends legend or something and then everyone can swing at them but I don't feel that's the majority of tables. I'm sure most groups have at least 2 people with unfriendly commanders which already splits the focus.
>>
>>49622150
If you play MLD it dosnt really matter what your commander is, you're going to be targeted twice as hard as anyone else for blowing up lands. I know I would target you.
>>
>>49622084

Cool anecdote bro

I've never personally played kaalia because she's $50 but we have one in our playgroup and the deck works fine. People kill kaalia yes, but same with every good commander. People kill captain sisay ASAP. People kill Azami ASAP. Not even saying kaalia is as good as Azami I just don't understand this particular criticism.

Maybe your playgroups are different from mine but in my playgroup you will never ever "fly under the radar", there's only 3-4 people playing, it's not like we don't know you're there. We know what you're up to and nobody's going to let your commander run wild if we have removal for it.
>>
>>49622228
Sounds fun.
>>
Is there a new thread or is this one slow enough?
On the topic at hand, if Kaalia is played on turn 3-4 it dies 100% of the time. A better play would be to play a slower control deck and grind people out then land a big Kaalia haste play
>>
>>49622141

i actually made an argument, every reasonably good commander draws removal, kaalia is no different
>>
>>49622290
This is how you should be playing Kaalia by the way. Protection spells, haste, and slow rolling her to guarantee she lives. She's almost like a control deck protecting their wincon in that respect. Most people don't play her like that.
>>
>>49622290

Not necessarily

What if grand arbiter dropped turn 3, and Animar was still on the field from turn 2 because the only removal available was white or black? Kaalia isn't always the scariest threat at the table

I've seen kaalia live lots of times, especially if somebody has toxic deluge in hand and so they don't mind waiting for the first Fattie to hit the board
>>
>>49622351
>>49622351
Fly on over
>>
>>49621501
Never played but I remember a spicy tech from boards past.
Hall of the Bandit Lord. It permanently gives the creature haste, so you get the Odeic buff for as long as the creature is on the field.
>>
>>49619938
There's asking for a casual game with everyone knowing it's against the rules, and there's being a dumbass not understanding the rules.
>>
First deck, i have Plunder the Graves as base and i printed a fuckload of proxies to try, R8

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/meren-reanimate-2/

Should i change anything? Is there any alternative card to the ones i put in that can do stuff better?
Thread posts: 360
Thread images: 66

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.