[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pathfinder General /pfg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 356
Thread images: 76

File: 48061455_p2_master1200.jpg (346KB, 1200x676px) Image search: [Google]
48061455_p2_master1200.jpg
346KB, 1200x676px
Pathfinder General /pfg/

Friendly reminder to tell us what 3pp your game allows if you need character building help.

Join /pfg/'s official lewd Eastern themed fluffy tail game! Hurry up, apps are filling up. Make your own nation of cute kitsune!
https://app.roll20.net/join/1698250/KPjOew

Unified /pfg/ link repository: http://pastebin.com/iYhDNSTq

Psionics Augmented: Psychic Warriors playtest: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1dX4UYdtwTQKhY71Q45IHLtcu193zq1ZO5jHQ5_PnTl8/edit

Bloodforge: Infusions playtest: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1GvwMclLSw15slYI7D5xLdjMzr-Nau92hNha9Sx0LOk4/edit

Legendary Vigilantes playtest (ends next monday so check it out): https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Hrk1hl8uXVHazaiPOCvWsFUHX3PB6fQVd13tzguJTgE/edit

DSP's Forrest started a patreon for her own 3pp company: https://www.patreon.com/forrestfirestudios

Old thread: >>49593203
>>
>>49594819
Since this went unnoticed earlier today...

Thoughts, suggestions?
>>
File: 1449462393095.gif (208KB, 354x534px) Image search: [Google]
1449462393095.gif
208KB, 354x534px
Since the Eastern Tails campaign seems to have filled up, is anyone else gearing up to run a campaign?
>>
File: Selkie.png (1MB, 1161x1697px) Image search: [Google]
Selkie.png
1MB, 1161x1697px
>>49600544
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9SaSFgq4LM

Is this the kind of childlike kitsune daughter you get out of Astral Plane demiplane timey-wimey craziness?
>>
File: oVb8jA3.png (243KB, 1223x493px) Image search: [Google]
oVb8jA3.png
243KB, 1223x493px
Tell me about your party, /pfg/.
>>
>>49600584

>I'm going to give you a big ole kiss and you can't stop me!
>I haven't chewed on any of the furniture in here for like, a week! It's a new record!

Selkie stop being cute, please.
>>
>>49600555

I'm not quite sure I understand the question. Consuming Creature gives you all of those abilities straight up.
>>
>>49600629
I don't want to spend hours upon hours looking through the bestiary for unique Ex, Su, or SLAs. I was hoping people would throw some of their favorites at me.
>>
>>49600593
Right now I'm in a 3 person party.

I'm playing a merfolk sorceress that summons the shit out of things and does general battlefield control and buffs

We have a dwarf barbarian as our pirate ships' captain. He is retarded and most likely going to die soon

And a half elf ranger as our navigator man. He shoots stuff and has good perception.

We also have 25 crew spread over 3 ships. 1 is a werewolf and 5 are weresharks. We also have a giant octopus and a young adult red dragon I befriended traveling with us

So far it's been lots of fun
>>
Have you ever used the creatures of the Dark Tapestry in your games?

The Dominion of Black?
The Night Heralds?
>>
>>49600684
We've got 25 crew on just one ship!

And 8 of them are auxiliary craft pilots and weapon operators, leaving 12 more to handle the actual ship weaponry!
>>
>>49600593
I'm in an interesting campaign where we started at level 1, but also started with 10 Mythic ranks.

The party is a bit odd. We have:

>A Human Guardian Brawler acting as the sort of Only Sane Man of the party, bashing people's skulls in with an adamantine tankard and his fists

>A Half-Elf Champion Fey-Bloodline Bloodrager with an Elven Curve Blade that probably deals 75% of the party's overall DPS. Also played by the DM's girlfriend, but there hasn't been any favoritism as far as I can tell

>An Aasimar Hierophant Warpriest focusing on a neat homebrewed variant of Versatile Channeler combined with Channel Smite to use both Positive and Negative Energy with Fervor through her Quarterstaff. Also played by the Brawler's girlfriend.

>My 1500 year old Elf Archmage Collegiate Initiate Arcanist sitting on 35 Int and focusing on targeting saves with Channel Power to practically guarantee that spells with have their full effects

Things have been really fun, even though it took a bit of getting used to for the DM to balance encounters around the rocket tag that is Mythic stuff
>>
>>49600564
We got a spot in a level 8 faux southeast asian/indian campaign. 25 PB with a bunch of houserules. High optimization floor. The GM is in NZ, so it runs 11pm-6am UTC-5. It should be running right now, but a few of the players are being ass, and we don't roll without at least 4. No Path of Weeaboo Fightan Magic or Spheres, unfortunately. If you're interested, drop a Skype contact or a throw-away email, and I'll message you to get you in contact with the GM. If you're a fit, and you're interested, you can join our merry band.
>>
File: kinu.jpg (956KB, 1280x1786px) Image search: [Google]
kinu.jpg
956KB, 1280x1786px
>>49600606
Her name is Kinu. KINU!

It looks sort of like "Kitsune."

"Selkie" is for a seal!
>>
I'm going to play as a psion telepath/body thief for the Hell's Vengeance Adventure Path, who's on the hunt for the most physically attractive body out there to take over permanently. I hope there's some real good waifu material NPCs in the campaign, but not for the reason that you'd think.

If that's not fuckin' evil then I don't know what is.
>>
>>49600716
We are looking to hire more crew when we get back to town but only like 10 or so people. Two of the ships are small cargo ships with light cannons. Probably going to pimp them out with big guns to assist in flanking with our galleon as they are quite a bit faster
>>
>>49600777

HER
NAME
IS
SELKIE
>>
>>49600584
>>49600777
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjeK5fS2u5Q

What about an awoo instead?
>>
Yo someone have a link for the Horror Adventure pdf?

It's not in the link repository.
>>
File: 1439743107103.png (518KB, 576x432px) Image search: [Google]
1439743107103.png
518KB, 576x432px
>>49600593
There is a Barbarian who has Power Attack and never uses it, ever. He effectively has infinite Rage rounds because he can't keep track of it, but I still have to remind him to switch it on anyway.

There is a Witch who took "utility" spells that occasionally come up in non-combat scenarios, and tries to scout with the snake that functions as her spellbook.

There is a Bard who can handle lots of social situations and loves going for creative disguise-and-bluff related solutions. Is actually successful most of the time, but in combat will just stand back and give Plus One to everyone else doing things. My favourite player anyway.

There is a Holy Gun Paladin. It's just a Paladin trying to make a firearm work.

There is also a Rogue who cannot pick a lock but instead jumps really well, and cannot be made to understand with any permanence that Sneak Attack happens by flanking, isn't a special action itself, actually uses a weapon, and that Stealth in combat with no abilities that help it doesn't really work too well.
>>
>>49600859

Kinu > Velouria

Everything everything about her is just bigger and perkier.
>>
File: AWOO.jpg (229KB, 800x921px) Image search: [Google]
AWOO.jpg
229KB, 800x921px
>>49600913
Mirror, mirror on the wall
Who has the puffiest vulva of all?
>>
File: 51733387_p0.png (1MB, 1152x1309px) Image search: [Google]
51733387_p0.png
1MB, 1152x1309px
>>49600287
>>49600339
>>49600584
>>49600859
How come foxboys, wolfboys, foxgirls, and wolfgirls want nothing more than to have their tails brushed?
>>
>>49600593
>Posting the WIP arts I share before I've drawn the full party and made corrections

Pls no
You know who you are ;_;
>>
File: 1344224163403.jpg (831KB, 763x1100px) Image search: [Google]
1344224163403.jpg
831KB, 763x1100px
reminder that Eastern fashion is best fashion for females
>>
>>49600593

>Nagaji Naga Aspirant Druid-intends to be the guardian of the city once she fully transforms into a naga. Lived in the sewers, likes spitting blinding venom into bad people's eyes.
>Halfling Medium-formerly on the run from the law for graverobbing. Has a considerable interest in ancient relics. May have been created purely for the sake of a pun.
>Ru-shi Dhampir Skald-wants to really LIVE, unlike his asshole dad. A true bro. Has a bizarre fascination with the number 9.
>Hengeyokai (usagi) Vigilante-former maid to the murdered lord of the city. Unsure what to do with life after avenging him.
>Human Shield Champion Brawler-professional athlete turned adventurer. Likes being a prick. Dislikes his conscience making him do the right thing.
>>
File: [cuts eternally].jpg (1MB, 950x1229px) Image search: [Google]
[cuts eternally].jpg
1MB, 950x1229px
What would an AP designed for Path of War look like?
>>
>>49600593
>tfw no party
>>
>>49600984

Dynasty Warriors* set in Tian Xia with the party out to reunite the Successor States and reform the Empire.

*Includes Lu Bu.
>>
>>49600956

Because it's a sign of trust, those places need to be brushed often, and it stimulates the base of the tail which is a fairly strong erogenous zone.
>>
Beastmorph/vivisections alchemist 10, master chemist 2.

I get fly 60, pounce, and grab when I'm in my Hyde form...

how can I made this into an incredibly bullshit charge/pounce/grapple murder machine?

Apart from feral mutagen, vestigal armx2, greater mutagen, power attack and arcane strike I have no idea what i'm doing.

I'm avoiding skinwalker because it will make my DM mad.
>>
>>49600593
Sauce?
>>
>>49600961
Will you share the full picture later?
>>
File: Paladins.jpg (86KB, 750x600px) Image search: [Google]
Paladins.jpg
86KB, 750x600px
>>49600593

Currently playing in a Wrath of the Righteous game with the following party:

>Gwyn: Human Paladin (Oath Against Fiends) of Iomedae - On the surface she's every hotblooded/genki-girl paladin stereotype, a persona she's developed to make up for her deep seated self-esteem and abandonment issues. Also has more than her fair share of demon blood, a fact she's trying to keep hidden. Currently feuding with the party Inquisitor, who may or may not have killed her Baphomet Cultist parents.

>Dalton: Aasimar Inquisitor (Infiltrator) of Asmodeus (me) - A spy for the church of Asmodeus who got dragged into this crusading shit against his will. Oftentimes finds himself playing the Ego to Gwyn's Id, trying to steer this group of braindead do-gooders onto a path which may lead to something productive. Usually gets loudly shouted down by the rest of the group. The party is currently unaware of his actual religious affiliations, and believes him to be an Iomedaean.

>Marrun: Aasimar Cleric of Iomedae - The balancing force between Dalton's ruthless pragmatism, and Gwyn's relentless optimism. Overall he's quiet and observant, dedicated to recording all he sees using an artifact of his (now defunct) holy order. Has some, as of yet unexplored, history with the Wizard and a powerful demon.

>Ven: Human Wizard (Evoker) - A staunch pacifist, who learned to harness evocation because he thought it looked cool. Has lived in a tower all his life, and has little to no understand of how the outside world works. Doing an excellent job of pissing off every else due to his unwillingness to harm living creatures (including demons), insisting on taking the lead during negotiations (with a cha of 8 and no ranks in any relevant skill), and tendency to stroll headlong into danger. Has some connection to the event which destroyed the cleric's order.
>>
>>49600961
How much does a full party spread like that cost?
>>
>>49601076
I will
These were meant to be quick sketches so as they are they're sorta-finished; the main thing is that the picture is missing two party members

>>49601085
I have no idea really, for a number of reasons I don't really do commissions right now.
I'm glad you think it's something worth paying an indeterminate amount for though!
>>
Have you ever seen a character who was designed from the get-go to suffer done well? The kind of character you actually felt bad for and wanted to see them succeed?
>>
>>49601212
No, nobody I game with has ever made one of those. They GET made by killer dice occasionally though.
>>
File: 1472838914448.gif (3MB, 573x523px) Image search: [Google]
1472838914448.gif
3MB, 573x523px
How do you apply for the Eastern fluffy tail game and NOT get snubbed by the elitist GM?
>>
>>49601280
Did you try making an interesting character?
>>
>>49601280
make a character whose level of importance is in line with the rest of the accepted members. Flesh out the backstory with NPCs and hooks for the GM. They seem to be going for a political and warring states kinda thing, so something related, I'd imagine.
>>
>>49601280
>Assigning subjective rankings to applicants and selectively only letting the best ones by the GM's opinion into the campaign is elitist

Really?
>>
>>49600593
In a homebrew city-based game with 6 districts [Strength, Passion, Ambition, Knowledge, Order, and the middle 'Golden Tower']:

Felix- Human Magician Bard; newspaper writer that has diplomanced his way into rigging an election in the Ambition district (with the Rogue as the candidate), and getting the arcane high council of the Knowledge district to stop pointless infighting long enough to actually solve big problems.

Calisto- Human Rogue/Shadowdancer; he's got a huge murderboner that he's constantly trying to reign in and still manages to be CG. The mafia and church of Ambition hate his guts for becoming such a popular candidate.

Kichak- Tengu Sacred Huntmaster Inquisitor; left the district of Order to hang out with his adoptive human father in the district of Passion. Longtime friends with Felix, he's pretty much the party leader, keeping us organized and on-task. Arrested Baba Yaga's Black Rider who is now allied with the party.

Pizza Frog- a Grippli Bard; Pulled from some storybook by a pair of fey hags (who were spreading a jungle to take over Passion; also responsible for bringing the Black Rider here). Makes good pizza, looks like pizza, smells like pizza, has greasy skin instead of toxic skin. Throws cooking tools at people and inspires the party.

Flynn Trickfoot- Halfing Underfoot Adept/Drunken Master Monk; Played by me, after his family fucked up and got executed in the district of Order, he fled to Passion, and took up alchoholism. Very drunk all the time. pitied by the party even though they don't know his backstory yet, but they keep him drunk and happy because he's good at tripping things and distracting opponents in battle. Has pissed off the rogue on several occasions by doing the drunk thing instead of the correct thing, so now he hates me. Flynn's primary thought in battle: "I'mma trip it. If I can't trip it, I'mma shoot it with fire." Personal accomplishment: tripping the Black Rider's mount. Personal goal: Trip Colossal stuff.
>>
>>49601345
What's a "level of importance"?
>>
>>49601498
If you make a guard in a campaign of nothing but royalty, you are not as important to the world, therefore it is harder for you to get accepted. All the folks who were accepted were royalty. Make a royal, or somebody damn close to royalty. A child of an exceedingly wealthy merchant or some shit.
>>
Anyone got the Roil Dancer Kineticist PDF and feel like sharing?
>>
>>49601280
Just be creative and write about something that is interesting for you and that you think would interest someone else. He's obviously looking for cool characters and exotic locals for a vast world-building game.
>>
>>49600891
It's so kind of you to play with the mentally handicapped, anon.
>>
>>49601498
Someone who wields some level of influence over the setting. This seems to be a sticking point for the campaign - it's based around people who are movers and shakers in the world. That doesn't necessarily mean prince or princess, but it could. Consider, for example, a courtesan who holds sway over a powerful noble, or a famous soldier.

If you're just some mook, that's not going to be viewed as terribly interesting or enticing. If your character is the commander of the city guard of a major city, or is a wealthy and powerful merchant lord, or the apprentice of the world-famous Great Sage, then you'd be talking.
>>
>>49601280
Have you tried not being a shitposting faggot?

Crazy idea, I know, but just crazy enough to work. I mean, if >>49601539 is the high water mark, then it shouldn't be that hard.
>>
>>49601280
Nigga it was fair game. He said world building and you didnt do world building.
Everyone knows rejection hurts but you gotta act tough: whining has never gotten anyone any pussy.
>>
>>49601539
What's so bad about the walls of text?

They look readable to me.
>>
File: 1442987282346.png (412KB, 626x927px) Image search: [Google]
1442987282346.png
412KB, 626x927px
>>49601630
>>49601539
Just out of curiosity, what do people think of the not!Mongolia group that I wrote up?
>>
>>49600593
>>49601379
Same group, homebrewed pirate world campaign turned kingdom-builder.

'The King', formerly known as 'The Monk'- CG Human Monk of the Four Winds; naive and ignorant as fuck, drew the Throne card from the Deck of Many Things and founded the Kingdom of Amicitia, party leader. He's super friendly and the party protects him from learning how horrible the world really is. Has regularly nat20'd grapples against encounters the party was not supposed to be able to beat in combat, including a few demigods.

Dart- CN Grippli Vivisectionist/Monk/Rogue/some other stuff probably; Has above +50 stealth when not trying, can get to around +80 if he tries hard, will reach +90-something later on. Has to avoid using his stealth too well, because it attracts his accidental fiancé, the local CE goddess of chaos and plants. Wants to find a way to hide from death.

Absinthe- LG Lizardfolk Serpentfire-Adept/Paladin of Cayden Cailean/Champion of Irori; mysteriously pulled straight from Tian-Xia on Golarion to this weird corner of the universe. In charge of local police, and reigning in the party from going full evil.

Redd- CN? Kitsune Mesmerist; An alien from one of the nearby planets who escaped an invasion of technologically advanced vampires. Posing as a human, no one has found him out yet. He's the kingdom's diplomat. Can bluff/diplomacy gods.

Hei Yu- N Half-Elf Bladebound Magus (with 1 level in Sensei Monk); played by me. Is more of a wizard than most wizards, an ex-slave from the 'eastern' pirate guild/country. Focused on the pursuit of magic and science, buries himself in the ever-expanding magic library that came with the castle to avoid stressing out about the next weekly apocalypse. Min-maxed for Spellcraft and Kn:Arcana, I've crafted 60ish% of the party's gear at this point. Decidedly hates all the local gods except for the LE one (that guy doesn't really do anything except be the sun).

And joining us soon: a CG Human Time Thief
>>
>>49601782
Actually pretty nice. It is the application I liked the most.
>>
>>49600593
>June Somday
>Lawful Good Asimar Divine Commander, drinks too often and a tad hardheaded, lets his summons do the work.
>Major Esma
>Neutral Evil Hobgoblin Pain Taster, interplanar dance sensation reeling at the death of his wife and child in a dancing accident.
>Ardovan Valain
>Lawful Good Dwarf Torag Cleric, the closest thing the party has to a conscious, currently dealing with the fact this his just revived brother hates him.
>Andromeda
>True Neutral Human Stars Oracle, against everything the party does for moral reasons, unsure what those moral reasons are.
>Grik'nak
>??? Kobold Dragon Herald, savior of the Kobold race.
>Rovas
>Lawful Evil Tiefling Warlord, currently two timing in the blood war and on a very quick road to a drow political marriage.
>Crok
>Chaotic Neutral Orc Brawler, recently adopted a yuan'ti that the party found and came out of retirement for one last job.
>>
>>49601782
>>49601878
This guy has it.

Catgirl has the best application because it's short and conveys info well, not like 2hu's and the blinkling sheepfucker's.
>>
File: 1471775000787.png (491KB, 558x900px) Image search: [Google]
1471775000787.png
491KB, 558x900px
So what's our plan here, guys? How are we BTFOing the sheepfuckers in /pfg/'s Eastern fluffy tail game?
>>
Is there anyway for my Brown-fur transmuter to stay in Form of the Dragon for several hour?

Extended spell help but not enough.
>>
So I was having some thoughts. I was looking over the Unchained Barbarian vs. the current barbarian. There are actually some design decisions I liked out of the unchained barbarian and some I did not. I was thinking of doing a rewrite of the unchained barbarian after the unchained gunslinger gets done.

Mainly I had an idea of separating out totems into a separate progressing class feature that you choose early on, occupying a similar space to what Orders do for cavaliers currently, including extra class skills. The main thing it would do is allow space for a "altered rage" in much the same way orders alter challenge.

So it would become:
>Rage Powers (doing what Unchained does with stance powers and the like)
>Totems (which now do both in and out of combat stuff on a static progression track)
>Rage (back to unchained barbarian stat increases)

Now DR, Increased Movement, and Trap Finding. I have been thinking of what would happen if they were instead packaged into rage powers (except perhaps DR). By doing so it frees up space for where the Totem would be and allows for totems to be a larger and more influential class feature.

Thoughts on this? Does this preserve what you think a barbarian should be?

Right now Barbarians are tier 4, a good tier 4 but still there. Ultimately the goal of the Unchained classes is to bring pure martials into tier 3.
>>
>>49602045
Seems interesting. Every barbarian getting a totem that auto-scales seems cool.

And btw: without 6th level casting it is going to be really fucking hard to get to tier 6 and also not just sodomize the game before level 10. Really barbarians are where they should be in terms of power I think. Maybe give them some more options that increase versatility at the cost of damage delivered.
>>
>>49602017
The rest of us are going to move on with our lives and not stroke our tiny hate-boners against an autist who actually plays the damn game?
>>
>>49602017
These people are going into their own little corner of the internet to hopefully bother us less and you want to go after them?

Sweet mother of fuck were you loved as a child? Are you okay? Do you need a hug? Show me on the doll where the furries touched you.
>>
>>49602095
Four level casting can get you into tier 3. While I state that it is the design goal I really do not think that it will be able to accomplish it wholly.

Bringing Fighter, Cavalier, and Gunslinger into higher tier 4 was a goal. Making barbarian more than just a murder machine is also one.

Both Unchained Fighter and Cavalier have support for both in and out of combat utility. While I agree that it does not make them tier 3 it does make them a more versatile tier 4. My unchained gunslinger is actually, somehow, shaping up to be possibly tier 3 with how Contraptions work.

Rogue and Monk already received unchainings that made them pretty darn good in my eyes (rogue more than monk).

Fighter, Cavalier, Gunslinger, Swashbuckler, and Brawler need help, as do Paladin, Barbarian, and Ranger to a far lesser extent.

I have already come with a few ideas for Paladin and Ranger as well, but all of them remove spell casting in favor of more OOC class feature abilities.
>>
>>49602152
>Four level casting can get you into tier 3
Can, but doesn't in just PF as far as I know. Paladins got there in 3.5 by being able to use the wizard/sorcerer spell list, and rangers by not only having lightning warrior progression, but also being able to nab druid shapeshifting.
>>
>>49602017
>Eastern fluffy tail game?
What game?

>>49602042
Use a Ring of Continuation in conjunction with Shape Change. However you need to be level 17 to do this.
>>
>>49602152
>Four level casting can get you into tier 3
lolwut?
>>
>>49602158
Paladin can in Pathfinder with two archetypes I believe. I am not sure on ranger.
>>
File: 49478859.jpg (777KB, 918x1332px) Image search: [Google]
49478859.jpg
777KB, 918x1332px
>>49602169
>>Eastern fluffy tail game?
>What game?

What are you waiting for? Sign up today!
>>
>>49602185
There's something that expands their spell list into plenty more viable options for every situation? I'd like a link to those archetypes. I know there's a way to add like... four spells to your list, maybe 8. I very much doubt that's enough for tier 3.
>>
>>49600593
>>49601379
>>49601788
Same group, me DMing Rise of the Runelords.

Kerras- NG Half-Orc Life Oracle from Trunau; Party mom, bartender, worshiper of Pharasma and Cayden Cailean. She will cut you in half with her 18 Str and falchion. Husband and child murdered by sudden undead attack.

Tum (for short)- CG Gnome Bard from Andoran; Twilight Talons fanboy, in Sandpoint for the theatre, venerates Milani. Super helpful nice person that stays away from the spotlight.

Elanna- CG Shoanti Fighter; She's young and prideful, naturally gifted, and recently exiled from her tribe (Hawk-clan) for nearly beating her cousin to death over an archery contest.

Gallender- CN Spireborn Half-Elf Sloth Wizard; Besmara worshipper, sleeps in, ex-pirate wanted by several people. Wants to learn more about ancient Thassilon and become a 'great and powerful magician' to instill some pride in his Spire-elf father towards him.

Bastion- CG Varisian Unchained Summoner; Has a fuckboy Protean named Keks who is an absolute madman/memlord. Bastion is a fun guy who's up for anything, and is unknowingly blessed by Groetus. Jousts on his Eidolon in combat to emulate his father who died in the last Mendevian crusade.

And finally, 'Klinks'- N [leaning NG] Goblin Vexing Dodger Rogue; a complete scaredy-cat who was bullied by other gobbos for reading. From the Bridcruncher tribe, had an interesting encounter with a paladin, ended up with letters of introduction to Ameiko and Sheriff Hemlock. Has done odd-jobs for people around town. Super good at climbing and making common people nervous by being really forward.
>>
>>49602178
Paladin (Sacred Servant), Medium (Spirit Dancer) and Bloodrager UMD/Monstrous Physique builds hit Tier 3. One can argue there are potential other options that do this - generally requiring a 4th level casting + additional spell list options.
>>
>>49602208
I wanted to apply but it seems kind of full and that the gm already had already good possible candidates. Plus I cant come up with a whole country for the guy I wanted to play A corgi blinking cavalier with a corgi mount. Plus, it seems there is already another dog shota.
>>
>>49602208
>https://app.roll20.net/join/1698250/KPjOew
I'll be honest. I read the GM important posts thing and don't see how it is a fluffy ear eastern game? I am confused as to what you mean, he seems to want people to say what they want to play.

I skimmed the other one and it seems people are just shouting country ideas out. Also, I don't want to offend people there but a lot of it feels like what a sixteen year old who just learned about anime would write. It doesn't seem very well thought out.
>>
>>49602318
Reading more some of them are ok, but definitely would not mesh well with the kind of countries I would write. The styles are simply far too different.
>>
>>49602256
I really don't see how four spells boosts a paladin to t3.
>>
>>49602256
I've never understood why Spirit Dancer was considered T3 when the base class isn't. Playing silly buggers with your factotum ability won't make you any less shit at anything magical but being an arcane caster out of downtime or a six level divine caster in general. Are you supposed to cook the books pursuant to being the lower quality tool for the job turn by turn?

I get SS because it gives you a pet that's better than your class and/or makes you a buff pseudo-Inquisitor and UMD+MonPhys Bloodrager gives you standard UMD bullshit on the most faceripping chassis (Barb).
>>
>>49602256
THe UMD/monstrous thing for the bloodrager is cheesy as fuck. If a build requires you to go diving though the monster manual for a specific monster to turn into then you shouldn't do it.
>>
>>49602318
>>49602332
What's the best one out of the cat, dog, fox, and oni?
>>
>>49602372
I'll be honest I don't really like any of them. If I had to pick it'd be the mongols.
>>
>>49602355
The bump is predicated on having UMD, the most bullshit skill in the game, and you're sweating a signature monster choice?

Unless the Bloodrager is turning into the equivalent of a gods be damned Chronotryn or something that can pull Candle of Invocation level binding/Old Efreeti Wish Chaining tricks, picking a certain monster is as cheesy as a stick of butter.
>>
File: 1461820866484.png (541KB, 569x802px) Image search: [Google]
1461820866484.png
541KB, 569x802px
When will /pfg/ make a game without a snub elitist GM?
>>
>>49602440
You call him elitist yet >>49602318 thinks they are all shit. You know what that makes you? not even 16 year old anime fanfic writer tier.
>>
>>49602406
Vanilla catgirl-lover detected.
>>
>>49602474
Does that mean /pfg/ can't write anything for shit in general?
>>
>>49602481
I don't like the character, I dislike all the characters. I like her country the best more than anything. Honestly me disliking them is just a personal taste thing. I don't want to start shit. They want a different kind of game than I would enjoy, and that's fine, people like different things.
>>
File: Screenshot 2016-10-02 03.38.56.png (2MB, 1421x1159px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot 2016-10-02 03.38.56.png
2MB, 1421x1159px
>>49602481
Not that there's anything wrong with that!
>>
File: 1429534234853.jpg (122KB, 849x756px) Image search: [Google]
1429534234853.jpg
122KB, 849x756px
>>49602493
Does it surprise you? /lit/ cannot write for shit and that' s kind of their thing, why would you expect quality writing from anyone here?
>>
>>49602372
>>49602406
I kinda like the dogs because they were the ones who set the tone for everything and they made the original plot hooks.
>>
>>49602499
To be desu, your personal taste is as bad as your homebrew fixes, so that isn't saying much.
>>
>>49602474
That's not necessarily so. Their characters just have the stories that are 16-year old tier. That's what the GM wants, though. That doesn't mean anon is worse than a 16-year old, but anon doesn't write like a 16-year old, which was the audience the GM wanted. It's like if we were asked to write a children's book, and you turned in 1984. Your work would be turned down, but that doesn't make it worse than a children's book. It means it didn't have what was asked for.

That being said, your claim could be true.
>>
>>49602568
Man and it's ok for you to think that. People want different things out of games. What don't you like about the homebrew fixes I will endeavor to try and amend them.
>>
File: 1459215723601.png (649KB, 920x1150px) Image search: [Google]
1459215723601.png
649KB, 920x1150px
>>49602583
Do you expect anything from /pfg/ or Pathfinder players in general to be something OTHER than 16 year old power fantasies?
>>
>>49602617
They can be. Not all are, and not all should be, but it is possible.
>>
File: rogue qt.jpg (313KB, 700x920px) Image search: [Google]
rogue qt.jpg
313KB, 700x920px
If I'm starting at 9th level, is it worth it to build an arcane trickster?

What's the best improved familiar for a LE wizard?
>>
File: 1473388394502.png (988KB, 999x1330px) Image search: [Google]
1473388394502.png
988KB, 999x1330px
>>49602583
>>49602645
Embrace the 16 year old writing.

It's the most fun to play at a table! Don't you want to be a chuuni foxgirl harbinger?
>>
File: 1468440944113.jpg (38KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1468440944113.jpg
38KB, 1024x1024px
What encompasses a good rogue in PF, /pfg/? I've only ever played casters before.
>>
>>49602684
I mean honestly? No. I actually find it kind of odd the whole anime obsession in /pfg/. There are definite parallels between eastern and western fantasy, but they are very different.

Both eastern and western have young protagonists with a strange power and destiny thrust upon them, but in a big way anime targets it in a much more immature way. It partially is just how Japanese people (and some western demographics) want to consume media. It isn't a bad thing wanting more immature power fantasies, they have their appeal after a fashion.

Trust me, I watch more anime than is entirely healthy, but am also very disillusioned about it.
>>
>>49602583
>>49602617

This game has been pitched as a catch-all, light, guilty pleasure game. You shouldn't expect a ton of depth or realistic characters.
>>
>>49602732
Unchained rogue makes a good show of being decent, but it's still a 3/4 BAB d8HD skillmonkey martial.

A Hidden Blade is considerably better, if you can get PoW/E.

As for being 'good', as long as you pump your UMD, Disable Device, and Acrobatics as high as possible, you should be okay. You are one of the few core classes with Perception as a class skill, and it's important, but your Trapfinding accounts for the majority of that skill's use in your hands.

Appraise is also useful, since you can make a DC 25 (iirc) check to identify the most valuable piece of treasure in any hoard.

Also, if you take UCRogue (which you should if you can, core rogue is true suffering), consider the Minor Magic talent for Detect Magic as an at-will SLA.
>>
File: 1471882275921.png (157KB, 269x230px) Image search: [Google]
1471882275921.png
157KB, 269x230px
>>49602761
One of the players has PoW, I'll ask him when he wakes up. It should be okay because the DM loves it, too.

I'll keep all that in mind for my rogue. Thanks, anon.

My biggest fear is the campaign has a 3.5(!) wizard and a cheating mystic theurge, so hopefully all that will keep me relevant.
>>
>>49602684
Not personally, but I don't begrudge those that do. I've actually played a semi-weeb character, and I did not have fun. It's just not for me. I also have many bad RP experiences with kitsune chosen ones and such, though I know not all players who play them are terrible. It's just not what I want to do.

There are games for all sorts of people, and it's not wrong for them to play those games with each other. As long as that is the agreed-upon tone, go nuts. I just won't participate, which is fine. I still hope they have a great time.
>>
>>49602752
I don't, and as I said, such writing is fine. It's just not fair to say that the other anon is a worse writer than them for not writing in a specific style. Anon might be worse, but being passed on because their character didn't match the game's tone is not an indication skill as a writer.
>>
File: calvin_and_hobbes_006.jpg (3MB, 2000x1989px) Image search: [Google]
calvin_and_hobbes_006.jpg
3MB, 2000x1989px
>>49600593
Sorcerer with Fey(?) bloodline and a bunch of no-shows.

I've never actually read the comic, so if you could tell me what spells Calvin would go for, that would be great.
>>
>not sure if want to play
>don't want to make yet another fucking log in unless I play, ESPECIALLY not one that asks for your real name for some idiotic reason
>can't view the details of the game through the link without signing up

Why is roll20 so terrible?
>>
>>49602816
>that spoiler
I'm sorry, anon, but that makes just about everyone else irrelevant. Even PoW can't save you from that, but at least you can have fun with it.

Alternatively, go for a full archery build or an Invulnerable Rager barbarian.
>>
File: 1472598407612.jpg (160KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1472598407612.jpg
160KB, 1024x576px
>>49602856
>complaining about things that are well-known facts

I mean, you kind of brought it on yourself by having any expectations.
>>
>>49602849
>what spells
Calvin is clearly a summoner, and Hobbes is his Eidolon.

From there, I'm sure you can figure out what spells Calvin goes for I'll give you a hint: it starts with a 'C'.
>>
>>49602868
I'm not too worried about the wizard - I've DMed for him before and he's (mostly) reasonable about it.

But, those two are options. Conceptually, my character is the underpaid lab assistant/not-as-ugly Igor to the 3.5 wizard's lizard wizard, so perhaps archery could work.
>>
>>49602828

this is the right attitude.

Every game has a flavor to it. Some will be dark and gritty, others light and casual, some deep into character development, so just Senran Kagura style lewdfests. They shouldn't be measured against each other, they are in entirely different categories of game.
>>
>>49602897
You could pretty easily pull off a UCRogue Hidden Blade archer, if your thought is to backpack for the wizard. Don't forget to take the Hawkeye feat!

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unleashed/feats/hawkeye-combat
>>
File: 1459344395630.jpg (791KB, 1800x2250px) Image search: [Google]
1459344395630.jpg
791KB, 1800x2250px
>>49602752
If it's a light game, then why is the GM an elitist snob who wants novella length backstories?
>>
/pfg/ help. I'm working a bestiary but I have no way to playtest this stuff without killing myself from the tedium of playing you entire fight by myself. How in the actual fuck do I playtest monsters?
>>
>>49602752
...With long, overwrought backstories.

Look, the DM is just a lazy shit who prioritized players who do all the setting design work for them. For fuck's sake, game didn't even have a theme until 2hu and blinkdog fucker came in.

How do you DM and fail to pitch a fucking THEME?
>>
File: 1470982293766.png (886KB, 800x1066px) Image search: [Google]
1470982293766.png
886KB, 800x1066px
>>49602856
Just sign up with a fake name like everyone does, famalam.
>>
>>49602856
I wish one of you fuckers would just screenshot whatever is going on for those of us that don't want to make rolld20 accounts.
>>
>>49603083

It would have to be a collection of screenshots - the GM is requiring detailed backstories that pretty much invent the setting for him, so each application is very long.
>>
>>49603122
I just want to know why /pfg/ is so desperate for this game?
Someone please clue me on what is going on, I've seen people talking about this for a while now.
Or is /pfg/ just desperate for any game?
>>
>>49603049
2hu is playing the foxgirl, right?
>>
>>49603143
They honestly seemed absolutely apathetic about DHB's game and he at least seems to care about the setting. Hell he's ones of the only consistently productive homebrewers around here
>>
>>49603174
I automatically zone out everything DHB posts. He might be consistently productive but quality>quantity.
>>
File: 4fa7ec103790e9a64760e99d0b182ce8.jpg (419KB, 800x1000px) Image search: [Google]
4fa7ec103790e9a64760e99d0b182ce8.jpg
419KB, 800x1000px
>>49603143
It's an Eastern themed game with lewd and fluffy tails.

Isn't that what /pfg/ has always wanted?
>>
>>49603181
Unchained fighter is pretty good and so is his initiator.

also his autism fighter build
>>
>>49603143
It's all 3pp and homebrew allowed, and a weeb-friendly game, and the GM gave essentially a blank slate. That's a lot of stuff you won't get to mess around with at most tables. I wasn't here for the start of it all, but playing around with 3pp is what attracted me.
>>
>>49603195
>>49603181
Hell he's also higher quality than most folk as well. He just needs test playing and feedback which he never really gets.

When someone brings up stuff they don't like he actually tries to correct and fix it but doesn't bent over backwards for every little thing.
>>
File: 1470860031419.gif (3MB, 160x160px) Image search: [Google]
1470860031419.gif
3MB, 160x160px
>lewd
>fluffy tails
>not-Japan
>3pp

Why does /pfg/ want a game with this so badly?
>>
File: tittymonsterwitch.jpg (614KB, 850x1200px) Image search: [Google]
tittymonsterwitch.jpg
614KB, 850x1200px
I am playing a vanilla tiddy witch in a Rise of the Runelords campaign.
In level one I used human extra feat for get extra hex x2 (fortune and cackle), at level two got misfortune and now I am planning to get evil eye and spell focus next.
My question is how I should progress? Should spend feats into metamagics once I get greater spell focus?
>>
>>49603221
I don't it looks really bad. I want DHB's mythic game or his freaky goblin fetish game.
>>
>>49603206
I've responded to a number of homebrew in this general but honestly nothing about DHB's stuff is interesting enough to warrant any sort of response. Most of his posts just give me the impression that I could use him as a doormat.

But fair is fair, if random anons on a 4chan thread are willing to stick up for a fucking tripfag, I suppose I could reevaluate how I perceive them.
>>
File: 1466400991649.jpg (102KB, 718x718px) Image search: [Google]
1466400991649.jpg
102KB, 718x718px
>>49603230
"Sour grapes-fag who got his application denied" detected.
>>
File: DarkForestWitch.jpg (777KB, 1000x1399px) Image search: [Google]
DarkForestWitch.jpg
777KB, 1000x1399px
>>49603222
I am not sure if get Accursed Hex since the spell Hex vulnerability is a thing.
>>
>>49603203
I can understand that. I'm just honestly surprised by the actual number of people that have applied/tried to apply and also the sheer number of people just talking about/looking at this game?
>>
>>49603256
>Most of his posts just give me the impression that I could use him as a doormat.
I mean he doesn't get angry and defensive when someone says he stuff is bad, he asks what they didn't like and tires to fix it or at least explain himself. If anything that's a good thing.

Also I can see why /pfg/ doesn't like it. Any fighter fix that doesn't say "initiator" is generally ignored.

He actually did a cool 0 level caster thing with the unchained fighter archetype. It can make scrolls and has a spell book, but no spell slots, and can a few times a day use scrolls and wands without expending uses, also spell storing weapons and things. Is cool.
>>
>>49603258
Nigga half the characters are princesses of poorly thought out countries from people who learned Asian culture from anime. 2hu is playing, the characters a fucking catgirl, blinkling, and kitsune.

It literally sounds like something someone made up to emphasize bad stereotypes about pathfinder players on tg.
>>
>>49603280
That's mostly because some idiot decided to stick it in the OP, so obviously a lot more people are going to check it out than if it was merely mentioned somewhere in the thread once or twice.
>>
File: 1457097009569.jpg (144KB, 950x844px) Image search: [Google]
1457097009569.jpg
144KB, 950x844px
>>49603301
Why don't you like princess PCs?
>>
>>49603182
Game's full, not actually intended to be lewd (DM was willing to roll with it if the players wanted to slut it up, but they didn't), only two of the characters are east asian, and the game's already got 4 applicants and the DM is pretty happy with 'em. 2hu was the first to sign up and was like 'yo I want political shit and furries' and the other players who were accepted had stuff on the same level (and didn't even consistently go for furries).
Someone WANTS to make a game themed around the gentle touching of butts and tails, I'm in, but that wasn't it. Y'all need to calm your tits and stop talking out of your single collective ass.
>>
>>49603330
ngl, a solid half my PF characters end up being princesses or princes just because i like facing and the Princess trait helps with that.
>>
>>49600593
>Tony Stark with a God Complex who hates Gods, is currently leading a holy war against the literal Deities, "Good" or "Bad"
>Lovechild of Aragon and Legolas on Crack who dropped swords for more Bow. Most serious character in the group despite being the hammer as fuck
>Former Vampire Robot Catgirl Time Wizard who pulls 120 on any Knowledge Checks, pissed off the God of Time but plans to eat him anyway
>Lawful Stupid Paladin Monk with Katana, has been known to punch children for the greater good
>Strix Lolicon who happens to roll minimum on Age and Size, has played both the Hammerist of Hammers or the ultimate you can't touch me (With the exception of the Paladin)
>Shaman with permanent maximized cure spells ability, wears a pokeball because pocketing X once per day is always useful
>>
>>49603364
2hu was the first to sign up?

I thought it was blinkling sheepfucker?
>>
>>49603455
First to post a character concept in the threads, at least. Might not actually be the first created.
>>
>>49603488
Isn't 2hu playing the foxgirl anyway?
>>
>>49603455
>>49603488
>>49603536
Someone post a screencap of 2hu's app, now.
>>
Can you create a demiplane that is in a superposition with a location on the Material Plane?
That is to say, you have a given area in the material plane, and your Demiplane is located in that very same area, having the same geographic features (and buildings and other stuff), while having a different flow of time or climate. You could be in that location on the Material Plane unaware of the Demiplane's existence, or you could enter the Demiplane and see ghostly apparitions of who or what is present on the Material Plane there.
>>
File: 2hu app.png (72KB, 745x877px) Image search: [Google]
2hu app.png
72KB, 745x877px
>>49603455
>>49603488
>>49603536
>>49603631
>>
>>49603668
That's not 2hu, that is someone else. Not even a single mention of a trap.
>>
File: 1466573348763.jpg (792KB, 1318x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1466573348763.jpg
792KB, 1318x1500px
>>49603741
>kitsune
>weeb Japanese
>>
File: 1472274462287.png (314KB, 232x345px) Image search: [Google]
1472274462287.png
314KB, 232x345px
>>49603750
Brother let me tell you, there are more weebs out there than you would be willing to accept.
>>
>>49600971
source
>>
>>49603765
What's 2hu playing if not the kitsune? The catgirl?
>>
>>49602208
FYI this is a trap and literally nothing will come of this other than baiting anons into presenting their cringy PCs
>>
What's the optimal build for seducing Urgathoa? Which realms in Golarion would support the resulting union?
>>
How much work would it take if I wanted to use stuff from Ops & Tactics in a Pathfinder game?
>>
File: 1463299510542.jpg (94KB, 1200x1350px) Image search: [Google]
1463299510542.jpg
94KB, 1200x1350px
>checks spellburst savant
>new PDF

The fuck is this shit, Forrest? You expect me to give up UMD for fucking Diplomacy and Peform?

Stir Heart and Mind (Ex)
The spellburst savant's intuition lends finesse not in the sciences of inanimate objects, but in understanding the psychic web of thoughts and emotions that bind people and societies. Her tools are graceful words and terpsichorean motions inspired by the incantations and gestures of other magics; she may have even grown famous for them.

Class: Spellburst Savant.
Replaces: Intuitive Understanding.

Replacement: The spellburst savant uses her Wisdom instead of her Intelligence on Knowledge (local), Knowledge (nobility), and Spellcraft checks, and instead of her Charisma on Diplomacy and Perform checks. In addition, she chooses three Perform skills. The spellburst savant can make a Spellcraft check in checks with those Perform skills, applying any relevant temporary modifiers that would affect the Perform check to her Spellcraft check.

If the spellburst savant's campaign is using the optional reputation and fame rules introduced in Pathfinder Roleplaying Game: Ultimate Campaign or a similar variant, she may instead choose only two Perform skills. If she does, she can use her Wisdom instead of her Charisma for that variant's starting points.
>>
>>49603301
>poorly thought out countries
Acutally, now that I think of it, I've really glossed over how country with both short- and long-lived races would work.
>>
>>49604086
No-one's MAKING you take it, and some people can't be assed using UMD but like being a party face.
>>
>>49604123
Nigga UMD is worth a gazillion times more than Diplomacy because UMD lets you have Diplomacy anyway.
>>
File: 1470425870226.png (1MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
1470425870226.png
1MB, 1366x768px
>>49604086
>Nova Flare
>damage went to 1d10 + 1d10/nova rank
>Fort half
Aw hell no, it's dogshit now.

Fort half I can deal with, fine, fine, but the damage? Christ, make that shit 2d6 again.

1d10 + 1d10/rank is shitty ass garbage.
>>
>>49604152
Get leadership instead since you'll be pumping cha anyway to get respectable consume magics per day.
>>
File: 1470982855560.png (345KB, 600x675px) Image search: [Google]
1470982855560.png
345KB, 600x675px
Alright /pfg/, what would YOU want to see in an Eastern themed lewd fluffy tail campaign, with none of the 16 year old writing bullshit?
>>
>>49604184

Actual lewd characters.
>>
As a Brown-Fur transmuter is it worth investing in Animal Ally and Boon Companion?

I don't really trust my party member to play smartly with beastshape. Also at level 9, Wolf has the base of 24 STR (26 with Belt), Beast shape 2 with Powerful Change turn him into a Dire Tiger with 30 (or 32) STR.

At level 10, Beast Shape 3 can turn him into Allosaurus with 32 (or 34) STR.

>>49604180
If we take leadership, GM will be the one who get to make and control the cohort. We can voice our preference but there is no guaruntee on what we will get.
>>
File: Exqusite.webm (3MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
Exqusite.webm
3MB, 960x540px
>>49604184
Swords.
>>
>>49604220
Man, what the hell is that thing anyway? I saw a clip earlier of a puppet doing wuxia.
>>
>>49604239
Literally a puppet wuxia anime. Its great. Thunderbolt fantasy.
Directed by Gen urobuchi. Animated by some super famous china puppet company
>>
>>49604239
Thunderbolt Fantasy I think?
>>
>>49604249
>>49604252
Thanks chaps, time to download all of it.
>>
>>49604217
Animal companion is shit dont bother.
>>
>>49604133
How's that work?

>Paying money for a wand to be cute when you could be naturally cute
>>
>>49604220
This shit is really well made
>>
>>49604184
Well, if I was in one and NOT in a 'I'll roll with whatever the players throw at me' campaign that /pfg/ inexplicably decided was a furry orgy, I'd be into a genuine exploration of the social strata and politics (large and small) that the setting entails.

Also, people touching my character's butt and him getting flustered and angry because they think he's a chick.
>>
File: 1462795172923.jpg (219KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1462795172923.jpg
219KB, 600x600px
>>49604404
>inexplicably decided was a furry orgy
Nigga there's a loli foxgirl princess and a shota blinkling prince who crossdresses.
>>
>>49604294
> implying you don't want to use Alter Self to turn your cute pet dog into an Elf or Kitsune

In all seriousness though, action economy is still the king. Monstrous Physique / Form of thr Dragon on companion is hilarious.
>>
>>49604432
Yeah, and that's just fucking normal for this place. Assuming a game on /pfg/ is lewd because of a shota crossdresser is like assuming someone's vegan because you saw them eat a pickle once.
>>
Marvelous Pigment can create bone, right?

Isn't it unlimited source of dead body for Necromancer then.
>>
>>49604451
You wouldn't be playing a crossdressing shota dogboy prince if it wasn't for a fetish.
>>
>>49604442
The problem is that it will still rely on the animal's initial intelligence. With 3 int your really smart baboon may be able to understand languages but it will still need whatever tricks and shit.

Attack attack protect seems like it will do the trick but if the gm is a hardass then chances are that turning your pupper into a Roc will leave you with a big bird that can't figure out how to use its wings.
>>
>>49604456
Able to create bone and able to create skeletons that were once alive are two different things. Necromancy isn't about bones, it's about things that used to be alive.
>>
>>49604461
> Sorcerer and Druid who dump INT can instantly do it without problem whatsoever
>>
>>49604460
Yeah, but you can play a fetish without literally ERPing. If a dude has a fetish for drow and plays one, it's not like he's gonna pull his dick out and start masturbating at the table.
>>
>>49604482
Its unfortunate but its reasonable that two species have entirely different levels of sapience.
>>
>>49604474
It can create inanimate object, so corpse is fine too right?

Also source for your infomation please. I don't see that specification in Animate Dead spell.
>>
>>49604491
> but..but.. muh realism
Dude by your logic, Roc can't fly anyway. Square-Cube rule and all.
>>
>>49604489
Why would you let someone play a concept they masturbate to between games?
>>
>>49604519
Have you goddamn looked at a Drow? The WRITERS are masturbating over this shit, it's just whether they're remotely subtle about it that matters.
>>
>>49604519
Because imagining a player masturbating to his PC is my fetish.
>>
>>49604507
>It can create inanimate object, so corpse is fine too right?

Can't create creatures. A corpse is just a dead creature.
>>
Ok quick question
Barbarian totems
What the fuck are they fluff wise?
>>
File: 1466925127886.gif (4MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1466925127886.gif
4MB, 500x281px
Why does everyone who wants a lewd game ALSO want it to be a fluffy tail anime game?
>>
>>49604531
Nope. Creature is a specific game term. Dead creature turn into object and doesn't count as creature anymore.

You could totally use animate onject on corpse.
>>
>>49604559
Animate Object isn't permanent though, and it's Transmutation or Enchantment, I think. Its definately not Necromancy.
>>
>>49604559
Where does it say that?

See also: http://www.d20pfsrd.com/gamemastering/conditions#TOC-Dead
>>
>>49604547

I have no idea dude, I'd prefer a lewd game that was grounded in some measure of realism (such that it can be in such games) and had a good mixture of voluptuous bombshells, well-built tomboys or slender waifs.

But please, tell us what your ideal lewd game would be, since you seem to have an opinion on the matter.
>>
>>49604519
I'll just quote my friend on this subject when the GM asked him a similar question.
>I don't find any of my characters sexually appealing, and when a character caters to my fetishes it's just incidental because my "fetishes" are common attributes that can be applied to almost every single fucking woman in existence. When I made that oni-spawn tiefking character who was strong enough to carry small caravans on her back, I didn't do it because I want to masturbate to it, but because I thought it was fucking awesome.
>>
>>49604580
Your turning the meat bonemail and clothing medium (?) Sized object of the corpse Into animate meat, like taking somebody's dinner roast and making it dance on the table.
>>
>>49604146
Fort Half is better than Reflex "half-if-you-fail-else-none" though at least.

But PBAoEs need to be vicious as all fuck since they generally mean you've been surrounded by things that - unlike your caster - actually want to be in melee.
>>
>>49604583
Also note the complete lack of disabling effects, other than soul leaving the body, of being dead by that entry if you have diehard. Why not just possess yourelf because it doesnt say you can't? Or create water into your body and start drowning it back to -1 so you can stabilize since that's using magic like it says you can use magic to bring it back to life!
>>
>>49604184
none of the 16 year old writing bullshit would be a start

>>49604451
Dude, I ate a pickle once!
... I'mma go pick up crazy pussy at a peta rally now! They love going for the veganites like me!
>>
>>49604674
>none of the 16 year old writing bullshit would be a start

The DM *wants* the players to be big-dick important hotshots in whatever constructed fantasy-land they include, level 7 kind of forces you to be a special snowflake.
>>
>>49604674
>picking up peta chicks
Even for a joke, those people are seriously fucking crazy. Wouldn't be surprised if they have human as an "okay to eat" meat.
>>
>>49604682
>evel 7 kind of forces you to be a special snowflake.
Not really

I don't think you HAVE to be a snowflake until like level 15.
>>
>>49604690
Weren't they the freaks that had pregnant naked chicks in cages on the street to represent, uh... whatever the fuck that's supposed to represent?
>>
>>49604724
Breeding animals for slaughter probably. I don't agree, but you have to be stupid not to understand the symbolism.
>>
>>49604701
>I don't think you HAVE to be a snowflake until like level 15.

I'd say it starts as early as level 11, since now you're in the "half a percentile" of the setting's population in terms of strength.

Level 7 is still a significant milestone for a character in power and prestige, that's the level that represents seasoned Paladins, accomplished thieves or wizards with tenure at the local academy. If you're not trying to portray your level 7 character as the *tightest* shit around, you're doing something wrong.
>>
File: 1475333483586.jpg (67KB, 960x814px) Image search: [Google]
1475333483586.jpg
67KB, 960x814px
So, what are you going to be doing with your group for Halloween?I'm going to run a game of Actual Cannibal Shia Labeouf
>>
>>49604745
No, you're slightly above the average of most combatants but still firmly within the realm of mortal possibility. You might have a bust or a few, but your definitely not the tightest shit around.
>>
>>49604682
Isn't the staple lower magic settings centered around EL6, as in humans get up to 6th level, as such that commoners and townsfolk who aren't going and being bad ass get up to around there?

Or like the follower minions can get up to 6th level without being a cohort. So should be pretty easy to have relatively commonplace (if somewhat senior) regular people.

Of course, player character can always be special snowflake much easier and earlier if the DM wants or forces them and their story to be that way. Or the player, depending on how many bandages he starts the game needing
>>
>>49604750
Oh shit, I want to do something ttrpg related for Halloween but I have an evening exam on the 31st.
>>
File: 1379801729360.jpg (202KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1379801729360.jpg
202KB, 800x800px
>>49604701

>tfw I will never get to play a campaign that starts at level 11 and goes to 15+
>tfw I have literally never experienced Pathfinder beyond level 13
>tfw I probably never will
>tfw I just want to try end-game PoW maneuvers because they sound amazing, both in use and thematics.

I just want to play a swordmaster whose proven ability with a blade causes a ring of horrified combatants to stand around him, unwilling to step in and fight. Is that too much to ask?
>>
>>49604815
>The rune giant mooks with Initiator levels pound his boipuccy into the mud
>>
>>49604661
>Fort Half is better than Reflex "half-if-you-fail-else-none"

Only rogues and monks (lel) have this.
>>
File: image.jpg (214KB, 1280x723px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
214KB, 1280x723px
Tell me /pfg/, times when your gm surprised you by actually saying yes to one of your crazy ideas
>Playing Necromancer
>Party(Antipaladin, Critmaster samurai), finds a bunch of metallic skeletons in a weird ass crypt(iron,silver,thorium,bronze)
>Had already found a huge coffin filled with tungsten dust so party isn't really that surprised
>Find another giant coffin with skeleton that's been half turned to silver
>Turns out some necromancers centuries ago attempted to give living creatures metal bones
>Tell the gm I wanted to try and raise one of the metallic skeletons as undead, not really expecting a yes.
>He considers its, then says I can, as long as I pass some skill checks, party can assist
>Choose the thorium skeleton
>Actually make the skill checks(Go team work
>Gm laughing his ass off gives me the stats for an "atomic skeleton"
>We move on, glowing nuclear skeleton in tow
>>
File: 1460272826312.jpg (1MB, 1227x1754px) Image search: [Google]
1460272826312.jpg
1MB, 1227x1754px
>>49604674
>>49604682
Why are we calling it 16 year old writing in the lewd Eastern fluffy tail game again?
>>
>>49604828
>Rune giant mooks
The fuark? Man are you playing Turbo Mythic or what?
Rune Giants are fucking big deal! They prolapse party anuses without anal remorse nor mercy.
>>
>>49604912
memes and nobody actually read all of that
>>
File: catfolkmonk.jpg (141KB, 624x897px) Image search: [Google]
catfolkmonk.jpg
141KB, 624x897px
My GM forces me to play a catfolk brawler with 15 points build.
Which traits and feats I should pick?
>>
>>49604955
You can always not play?
>>
>>49604955
Canyou mix levels in unchained rogue?
>>
>>49604913
Yes and you start running into patrols of them + some auxiliaries and maybe some caster support at around level 14+.

If PoW is allowed then the GM will sure as hell give higher level monsters initiations on their own to keep things challenging.
>>
>>49604873
Also stalkers, gunslingers, vigilantes, ninjas, swashbucklers, I'm pretty sure some monsters (and if not, you can make some custom ones) and anyone with a ring of evasion or other magic item granting it.
>>
>>49604955
Play that catfolk monk archetype that gives him a stand.
>>
>>49604955
Go Unchained Rogue 3/ Urban Barbarian X
>>
>>49604975
Oh, and also eidolons, chained and unchained.
>>
>>49604985
Which talents and feats should I pick for that built?
>>49604984
I may give it a look.
>>49604963
Yes
>>
>>49605051
>Ctrl+F
>Too hard
God damn kids these days.
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/races/other-races/featured-races/arg-catfolk/nimble-guardian-monk-catfolk
>>
>>49604973

I want to get fucked in the ass like that, anon. I want it rough.
>>
>>49604892
Isnt't thorium (relatively) non-radioactive tough?
I remember some guy talking about how safe a Thorium-Molten-Salt reactor would be becuase thorium was stable relative to uranium.
>>
>>49605051
What level are you starting at?
>>
File: 1470799772736.gif (278KB, 300x440px) Image search: [Google]
1470799772736.gif
278KB, 300x440px
>>49605114
Level one.
>>
File: 1469081818667.png (197KB, 427x467px) Image search: [Google]
1469081818667.png
197KB, 427x467px
>>49600593
We have a Gorumite Inquisitor half orc (alignment unknown) who wants to start a crusade to make his homeland great again

An Aasimar paladin of balthazar who may fall from favour when she reaches the duergar who slaughtered and enslaved her village - and acts as a quasi mother figure to the party's witch and is a blacksmith's apprentice

a witch (alignment unknown) attending school at the nation's leading magic academy

a bard (CN) who has a lot of goals but mostly she wants to be able to settle down with her wife one day once her adventuring days are done

and a gunslinger, a selfish cunt based off that guy from the good the bad and the ugly who will likely get killed off by the party if he doesn't improve his behaviour (especially the player who constantly goes hurr is it my turn yet and then doesn't know what to do when it comes to him and spends a million years to do anything at all)

And a magus who just joined our party last session so it would be premature to write anything about him
>>
>>49605096
I remember running into these niggers the first time.
>Party composed of one cheating jobber who still manages to suck, one waste of space and two competent players (who coincidentally play a cleric and wizard)
>Runeforge was easy as fuck, we clean multiple wings up in one visit before needing to plane shift back out
>Enter Xin-Shalast
>Ambush by cloud giants
>EZ as fuck, clean them up and turn them into a phalanx of bloody skeletons
>We continue moving deeper into the city
>Get ambushed by some more giants of varying species, no prob, our undead are spent but hey, the fight is over with minimal resources used
>We wipe them but the initiative phase doesnt end
>Suddenly six rune giants walk out from different Alleys
>Worthless as fuck twf ranger/barb multiclass think they are easy pickings and charges two of them
Suffice to say, the ranger died probably a million times during that chapter to the point that we fought the BBEG with barely any improvement in gear.
>>
>>49604913
>Level 14++ campaign with PoW allowed
>Rune giants with initiator levels
>Wedigo/Ice demons with stalker levels also start showing up
>The dragons with primal fury AND magic to torment you with their barbed dragon dicks
>>
>>49604999
And most PoW classes, and Aegii, and I think soulknives and a few other psi classes too
>>
>>49605311
I am almost sure some archetypes also get access to it but I am not checking.
>>
File: 1442494089328.png (17KB, 393x377px) Image search: [Google]
1442494089328.png
17KB, 393x377px
>>49605291

>mfw we could fight a squad of level 15 royal guardsmen with full initiator levels

Just fuck my shit up, senpai.
>>
File: image.jpg (138KB, 572x303px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
138KB, 572x303px
>>49605106
Yeah,it's a bit of a bad joke for the science/Chem nerds in the group, that and it was kinda hand waved as the necromatic energies boosted the "decaying effects" of the skeleton aka made it hella radioactive to enemies within 5ft
>>
>>49605106
No, thorium is significantly radioactive, though large amounts of it is alpha particles (they have low penetration but make no mistake, they fucking WRECK whatever it is they're smashed into).

It's advantages are that it occurs naturally in large amounts (unlike most things that aren't uranium) and is a really good material for breeder reactors; U233 (which it decays to after neutron capture) is a better fission fuel than the standard U235 alternative.

However its waste is also nastier and harder to deal with, slowing the adoption of thorium as a primary fuel; Large amounts of gamma and neutron emissions in the various end-results make for extremely hellish trash.
>>
>>49605396
>though large amounts of it is alpha particles (they have low penetration but make no mistake, they fucking WRECK whatever it is they're smashed into).

Every type of emitted radiation has a Quality Factor, which is a multiplier used to represent the degree of damage a single "unit" of radiation can damage biological tissue.

Gamma radiation and X-Rays have a Quality Factor of x1, Alpha Particles have a Quality Factor of x20.
>>
File: 1406402333545.jpg (85KB, 643x375px) Image search: [Google]
1406402333545.jpg
85KB, 643x375px
>>49600593
>Tell me about

Tell ME about the one on the left. Why does she wear the mask?
>>
>>49605427
you're late to the party anon. Baneposting already runs rampant in our group
>>
>>49605416
Relative Biological Effectiveness.

And yeah. Some folks think alpha's weak because it'll hit dead skin from the outside and "nothing happens", but get even a little bit past that outermost layer of defense and into your soft tissues (like someone who swallowed some material, or any of it getting in through a wound or whatever) and you're in deep fucking shit.
>>
>>49605427

What did he mea by this?
>>
>>49605416
>>49605396
>Turns out my thorium skele is actually as deadly as originally though
Honestly I'll be shocked ifthe party, at least the parts not already undead, dowsnt get some kind of horrible type of super cancer.

That and any town we go through, poor peasants.
>>
>>49605463

All you've gotta do is make sure none of your dust doesn't get into any of their orifices.
>>
File: image.png (252KB, 500x453px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
252KB, 500x453px
>>49605475
Guess I'll have to make magical filtration masks for the party, as for the peasants, well this is an evil party, and knowing that my necromancer will have more skeletons to raise on his trip back may be hard to resist not having the skeleton bathe in the local water supply.
>>
>>49605475
or in their eyes, or especially in their food or lungs...
>>
>>49605463
Rather than super cancer, wide-area radiation dispersal as seen in regions where US military operates causes multiple simultaneous cancers of otherwise low probability.

Places hit with extensive amounts of DU (and while it's a bit worse for the civilians, the soldiers coming home after long tours have been having issues as well) for example show cases where people develop two different testicular cancers *at the same time* AND a prostate or colon cancer to go with it.

This has the added "advantage" (for the chickenhawks ordering said wars; not for the people forced to fight them or their victims) of making treatment particularly complex, ensuring that a majority of your vicitims will not live long enough to receive or qualify for the pension benefits you owe them for their service.
>>
I always like it better when the player characters are competent and capable. It means I get to make their adversaries and problems more competent to boot, and that honestly makes for more interesting stories than "the kobolds are acting up again". It's also more challenging/entertaining for me when I and the npcs I run have to take higher level abilities into account.
>>
>>49604086
You do realize it's optional, right? I don't expect anything, but it's something that's there for people who don't want UMD but do want to face.

>>49604146
If you do the math, 1d10 + 1d10 per rank is slightly stronger at early and mid levels. It starts falling off slightly around the time real blasting spells come online. I'm at work right now but I can elaborate on this decision further when I get home tonight.
>>
File: 1383863490241.jpg (339KB, 710x508px) Image search: [Google]
1383863490241.jpg
339KB, 710x508px
>>49605681
>I always like it better when the player characters are competent and capable.

And yet you'll never find a "32 PB, level 11 start, PoW allowed" campaign on Roll20 or even here.

Oh no, it's always "level 1, Core Only, 20 PB."
>>
>>49605708
>Oh no, it's always "level 1, Core Only, 20 PB."

Most pathfinder players still believe that core is fun and balanced
>>
>>49605708
My campaign is currently at CR 16, Core banned, PoW mandatory.
>>
File: 1449190558610.jpg (1MB, 7000x4000px) Image search: [Google]
1449190558610.jpg
1MB, 7000x4000px
>>49604674
>>49604682
>>49604912
>>49604925
What does /pfg/'s 16 year old writing look like?
>>
>>49605708
>And yet you'll never find a "32 PB, level 11 start, PoW allowed" campaign on Roll20 or even here.

No joke, I'd pay double digit dollarydoos to play a campaign like this.
>>
>>49605731

The writing's fine, the anons are just butthurt that the characters getting noticed by DM-Sama have long, thick backstories while theirs are thin and flaccid.
>>
>>49605708
>Oh no, it's always "level 1, Core Only, 20 PB."

I don't think I've seen anyone advertise a game like that in /pfg/. I did catch a level 15 game in the irc, though(although it collapsed after a few sessions because scheduling).
>>
>>49605785
>I did catch a level 15 game in the irc, though

How often do people advertise games there?
>>
>>49605761
Quantity =/= quality

Welsh sheepfucker is basically the best example that quantity =/= quality.

Brevity is wit.
>>
>>49605797
Not very.
>>
>>49605823

Quantity = Quality when the DM wants you to do the world-building.

This ain't Dark Souls, where you can just mention maybe one or two facts in item blurbs.
>>
File: 1447114859776.jpg (65KB, 468x577px) Image search: [Google]
1447114859776.jpg
65KB, 468x577px
>>49605785
>I did catch a level 15 game in the irc, though(although it collapsed after a few sessions because scheduling).

Know if the DM is still interested in playing that campaign? What was the schedule?
>>
>>49605708
What's wrong with 20 PB?
>>
>>49605853

It's uncomfortable for most MAD and makes martials really feel like all they can do is swing a sword good.
>>
>>49605823
>Brevity is wit.
This shit again? Look, nobody asks you to write a goddamn essay. All you have to do is provide some interesting worldbuilding and plot hooks for GM. Going "yeah, I'm from far away, will come up with details later" isn't what he asked for.
>>
>>49605908

Besides, worldbuilding is *fun.*
>>
>>49605823
Is Brevity is Wit the new meme
>>
>>49605908

>Going "yeah, I'm from far away, will come up with details later" isn't what he asked for.

In fact, it's exactly the reason he cited for rejecting my application the first time around. I would agree with >>49605823 if the GM hadn't asked for world building as part of the application, but he did.
>>
File: tumblr_lzi2xeoha01r5zvlxo1_500.jpg (59KB, 500x669px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lzi2xeoha01r5zvlxo1_500.jpg
59KB, 500x669px
>>49600593
Prospective game in two weeks, but most people are settled. The DM surprised us with Ravnica as the campaign setting.

Boros Dwarf Warpriest, raised by elves. All he knows is "smite" and "good".

Selesnya ??? Investigator. Already jokingly called a quiverfull christian.

Rakdos Human Barbarian, jester/clown-themed and full on worshipper of Rakdos. Will likely be trouble.

(me) Either an Orzhov Sorcerer or Izzet (but possibly Dimir) Arcanist. Mostly because I'm stumped on what I want guild I want to represent.
>>
How can I force an antipaladin to fall?
>>
>>49606067
You pretty much can't, since all he needs is to be able to reasonably claim that he was working with evil intentions or towards an evil goal and he could be saving orphans from a burning building with no effect.
>>
>>49606115
Can't you use the same logic then with Paladins
>>
>>49606140
No, Paladins have a very clear "you can NEVER do this" clause written into their code.
>>
>>49605831
>>49605908
>>49605933
>>49605937
Sheepfucker's worldbuilding and app aren't even complete, there are still empty spots. How is that quantity?
>>
>>49606115
You have to tug at their heartstrings and make them do something actually good. Make them care about someone/something else.

But you can't really FORCE it on them because if they're forced into doing good it doesn't count. Way less strict than Paladins.

Personally, I don't like letting paladins join my groups - they're far harder to work with than evil characters.
>>
>>49606161
where
>>
>>49606227
>A paladin must be of lawful good alignment and loses all class features except proficiencies if she ever willingly commits an evil act.
>if she ever willingly commits an evil act.

Compare that to the Antipaladin's code of conduct

>An antipaladin must be of chaotic evil alignment and loses all class features except proficiencies if he willingly and altruistically commits good acts. This does not mean that an antipaladin cannot take actions someone else might qualify as good, only that such actions must always be in service of his own dark ends.
>>
>>49606173

Look at how many paragraphs they devoted to worldbuilding.

Now compare that to some of the more recent ones which simply give vague allusions to culture and character.
>>
>>49606140
Compare and contrast:
Paladin: A paladin must be of lawful good alignment and loses all class features except proficiencies if she ever willingly commits an evil act.

Anti-Paladin: An antipaladin must be of chaotic evil alignment and loses all class features except proficiencies if he willingly and altruistically commits good acts. This does not mean that an antipaladin cannot take actions someone else might qualify as good, only that such actions must always be in service of his own dark ends.

So, no. The two are polar opposites in that regard. A paladin falls if he ever willingly and knowingly takes the evil option, even if it's CLEARLY AND UNAMBIGUOUSLY for the greater good. By contrast, an anti-paladin only ever falls if his alignment changes or he does something that is clearly against his own interests and/or goals.
>>
File: f3f248e24028888f06214d40ed48b661.jpg (232KB, 800x1114px) Image search: [Google]
f3f248e24028888f06214d40ed48b661.jpg
232KB, 800x1114px
>>49606173
>>49605933
>>49605920
>>49605823

Rate my lewd character and worldbuilding submission to fluffy tails, sempais.
>>
File: my 16yo poorly-disguided fapfic.png (3MB, 1126x2193px) Image search: [Google]
my 16yo poorly-disguided fapfic.png
3MB, 1126x2193px
>>49606299

here it is if you hate roll20
>>
>Eastern anime setting
>No wan wans
>No Tengu

But why?
>>
>>49606299
>>49606317

I like it, paints a solid picture of your kingdom while focusing on the caste your character is from and the significance it brings in society.

I've got a game tonight, but I'll try to get my character posted before I go to bed!
>>
>>49606295
>>49606278
why would you ever write the paladin code like that
>>
>>49606317

Equal parts interesting, lewd, and somewhat believable. Not Shakespeare by any means, but certainly good enough. Might want to add a bit more detail into the surrounding world, if possible. That seems to be what the DM is after. Maybe some of the priestesses getting sold off to foreign merchants, to hint at outside cultures?
>>
>>49603423
I'm pretty sure I know this game and have watched some of your sessions over the monk/paladin's shoulder.
>>
>>49606299

>That spoiler

How lewd we talking, Senpai? Ecchi harem tier or outright hentai doujin.
>>
>>49606535

read it and decide for yourself: >>49606317
>>
File: 1474565550017.gif (187KB, 500x450px) Image search: [Google]
1474565550017.gif
187KB, 500x450px
>>49606555

She's... She's... She's adorable and lewd oh my gosh. I wouldn't call her hentai-tier, but she definitely has the potential.

And that elaborate body paint can be turbo-lewd depending on how "extensive" they are.
>>
File: 53692853_p0.png (923KB, 849x1200px) Image search: [Google]
53692853_p0.png
923KB, 849x1200px
So what did you guys all apply as for /pfg/'s official lewd Eastern themed fluffy tail game?

>>
>>49606935
The game is full and you should REALLY stop.
>>
>>49606962
I honestly think talking about dick sizes was better than this at this point. This just doesn't get the thread purged like that one did.
>>
>>49606935

I'm applying tonight with my try at fleshing out the West!

Be prepared for clockwork mechanisms and magitech!
>>
>>49606992

The dick size thing was focused more on ethnic differences and crunch more than raw lewd, it was a fascinating discussion to be sure.

>tfw my demon-blooded Tiefling got a 16 inch horse dick.
>>
File: 1470772916282.png (543KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1470772916282.png
543KB, 800x800px
>>49607000
>Be prepared for clockwork mechanisms and magitech!

Great, it's time to get dicked over by Paizo's shitty ass tech rules!
>>
>>49606935

see
>>49606299
>>49606317
>>
>>49606935
Whatever. Character I ended up not submitting on account of IT BEING FUCKING FULL was a faux-east european prince (middle child, younger sister, crown prince older brother) whose country got fucked over by invading demons, and just when they thought they sorted that out, they got fucked over again by invading fantasy Russians. After horribly, horribly losing that war the tsar asks for the princess's hand in marriage so he can secure his rule, king and queen are gonna go for it so they have a negotiating chip on the table. Prince is like 'dude she's like 12 this is fucking bullshit', so he ends up making a deal with a devil for warlock powers so they can pretend "what no we totally had a 20 year old princess this whole time" and keep his sister safe. Sort of a reverse Mulan deal. The devil asked for three 'favors' to be called in at a time that suits the both of them, and he's like "this is probably going to fuck me over in the longterm but it's okay as long as my sister is safe".
>>
>>49607157
Lacks fluffy tail.
>>
>>49607267
Your powers of observation are truly remarkable. Almost like the actual game didn't require that shit in the app.
>>
>>49607029

The DM is prepared to help any player who might be horribly outclassed due to poor mechanics!
>>
If anyone's interested, I'm currently running a mildly lewd hack of Wrath of the Righteous as a Quest over on Questionable Questing. Game's just getting into the prologue, with a goal of updating once every other day, with character selection occurring right now. Premade to bypass the headache of getting people to agree on character minutiae.

Options for the characters are:
>Elven Harbinger (Ravenlord)
>Tiefling Rogue (Modified Eldritch Scoundrel, Hidden Blade)
>Human Medic
>Oread Cleric of Shelyn (with Warder and Battle Templar in her future)
>Human Cleric of Asmodeus (with Warder and Battle Templar in her future)
>Halfling Warlord (Desperado)
>Android Psion (Nomad, with Anarchic Initiate in her future)
>Human Dervish Defender Warder (Cha-Based, with Dragon Fury in her future).

If y'all are interested, I can post a link.
>>
>>49607157

Alright, if this game is fucking full than what other campaigns are recruiting that have some measure of freedom for the character generation and lore-building?

Not trying to sound spiteful here, just saying that everything on Roll20 is either an AP, accepting literally everyone, or have famine character generation.
>>
>>49607475

I'd play the Human Medic! Make him a swarthy hunk from the Mwangi Expanse who soothes sores and mends wounds with strong, surprisingly gentle hands~.
>>
>>49607475
Post a link, yes!
>>
>>49607527
I would, but the characters have already been written out. The medic is basically Rule 63 Simon Tam, an educated southern gentleman born to wealthy Andoran landowners, who became a doctor because he wanted to help people. [Spoiler]She wears a three piece suit at almost all times, and her strength score is 18, making her stronger than most of the characters listed.[/spoiler]

>>49607590
Here you go. I think you might need an account to access it: https://forum.questionablequesting.com/threads/wrath-of-the-righteous-pathfinder-golarion.4299/
>>
>>49607504
I actually don't know - if anyone has any, then I'm also interested. I mostly just want the posting to stop so people's hopes stop getting raised and then CRUELLY DASHED.
>>
>>49607776

That last bit seems especially raw, anon.

Were you looking forward to playing a genderbent Eastern European warlock married to a cruel old man?
>>
>>49607848
What no whatever gave you that idea
Honestly I was hoping to kill him and steal his throne.
>>
>>49605853
20 PB is dump stat heaven for classes that rely on more than just one stat (AKA most classes that aren't full-casters). The worst is when you get a cunt of a GM who insists on low point buy but also enforces punishments for dump stats (hurr you can't get information from him because charisma of 5, don't dump stats). So it creates one of two situations.

>Welp, I guess it's ANOTHER fucking wizard
>guess I'll just pick this race that gives bonuses to X and Y instead of something I'd be more interested in playing because I simply can't afford to play anything else.

25 is the minimum for a functional game, however I always run my games with higher point buys for the sake of variety.
>>
File: image.gif (1MB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
1MB, 400x400px
>>49605624
>All of this
I need my necromancer to find out how to transmute bone to thorium, and soon.

Imagine, an army or radioactive skeletons slowly killing their enemies, at least the ones the arent mauling to death or laser beaming.

Glorious
>>
>>49600984
>even cut his halo in half
that's pretty cool.
>>
>>49607993
Ok so here is the issue. Every time I run a module players powerstomp it so I either have to change the encounters or nerf them somehow.
If I give them 25+ points they will literally have no challenge.
>>
>>49608058

This is why you don't run modules, anon.
>>
>>49607993
>25 is the minimum for a functional game, however I always run my games with higher point buys for the sake of variety.
I honestly disagree. 20PB allows you to easily fight against enemies of your CR and fight encounters appropriate for your level both in and out of combat.

You don't need a true dump stat, you MIGHT have an 8.

Really it only needs hard dump stats if you want a 20 or multiple 18s. Which the game doesn't require by any means. It's literally you being more powerful than intended and more versatile than intended.

I'm not saying wizards aren't a problem but saying 25 is the minimum for being functional is dumb, it's the minimum for hyper competence.

I mean hell look at this:

Str: 16
Dex: 10
Con 14
Int: 12
Wis: 16
Cha: 9

That is an inquisitor, a relatively mad class, as a dwarf, a pretty normal race.

Unless a 9 in a dump stat, unless literally being anything but above average at literally everything is a dump stat. Even then in this example he just uses his wis for everything cha related.
>>
>>49607993

You know what's the worst of it all? When they insist on low point buy, you make an effective martial, and the DM just gives you a filthy look whenever your character destroys encounters.
>>
>>49607993
>guess I'll just pick this race that gives bonuses to X and Y instead of something I'd be more interested in playing because I simply can't afford to play anything else.
God, this.

I would love to play not cliche shit for the bonuses. I've also been a DM and allowed this myself (not in PF, though) and despite explicitly going "yeah, have more ability scores but don't minmax" i got the standard shit like orc barbarian "now with 20 str at start" and varieties thereof. It's fucking dumb.
>>
>>49608077
Modules are where the game is intended to function in the power scale. 25, 32, or 48PB (god I remember the last time I saw 48) is hyper competence and not really means for play.

Yes, I get it, wizards are broken, monks are bad, blah blah blah, the point is it warps the game for tiers 4-2.
>>
>>49608096
Never fucking happened, don't just make shit up to try and stir the shit pot.
>>
File: Guildmage.png (3MB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Guildmage.png
3MB, 1920x1200px
>>49606028
Orzhov sorcerer.
Do it.
Go full control.
>>
>>49600984
The Wheel of Time.

Lan is a sworn protector Warder using Scarlet Throne and Mithral Current.

Rand is a Warlord/Sphere Sorcerer/Bladecaster, Scarlet Throne heavy.

Matt is just a straight Warlord, loves him some Piercing Thunder.

Perrin is an Ordained Defender Warder, mostly using Primal Fury and Broken Blade with his blacksmith hammer as an improvised weapon (which Rough and Ready removes the penalty for using).
>>
>>49606028
Another vote for orzhov
>>
Is it bad that whenever I play a campaign I always have a build in my mind for a new character in case my current one dies?
>>
>>49608183

On the contrary, it's useful to have a contingency plan. It only becomes a problem if you start getting more interesting in working on your backup character than actually playing your real character.
>>
>>49608084
Your example is not very good.

Inquisitors need less intelligence because they get a fuckton of skill points to play with, they need less dexterity because they have good armor proficiency mixed with divine spellcasting (which isn't hindered by armor) and get WIS to initiative, and they can get away with a low-ish constitution score because they have good fortitude saves and a bunch of other ways to shore themselves up, and on top of that you used a race as an example that gets a fantastic stat spread for an inquisitor.

Now I'm not saying your example doesn't prove you can't build an effective character at 20 PB, but I believe strongly that if a SAD character gets to put all of their goodies in a single basket without suffering for it in the slightest, MAD characters should also be able to invest into their main stats without feeling like something has to give.

But then again, I've played with GMs who would do shit like give 20 PB and then like >>49608096 said would get angry at players for, god forbid, investing in stats that are actually relevant to them.
>>
>>49608183
Depends on your DM. If they're like what I've had, who either A. Actively work against the players, have a Me Vs Them mentality, no.
but you should also quit that game.
If your DM has like no evidence of doing so but it feels like it might happen at some point, especially in RDST, no, contingencies are nice.
If your DM actively seems to fudge shit and prevent party members from dying via bullshit, despite it being thematic and potentially awesome? Yes. But tell him to cut that shit out Nothing is more boring than literally no risk in an adventure because the DM is a pansy.
>>
>>49608197
Half the time I feel like that because my GM heavily insists on us keeping our characters secret from one another. Then if our party is unbalanced, I just keep thinking of what I could play if my character dies so that we don't have any overlapping roles.
>>
>>49608278
>my GM heavily insists on us keeping our characters secret
Fuck him.
Talk about your characters.
If he is like one of my old ones who threatened to kick people for giving out information on themselves/others, preempt him and quit.

The adage of "No game is better than a Bad game" is more true than people think.
>>
>>49608183
I just have a list of things of what I want to play with character concepts attached.

Once I make a new character, a lot opens and I make a new one. I have 4-5 new ideas but I also do have three current campaigns going.
>>
>>49608317
>"No game is better than a bad game"
But how does one tell if it's a bad game?
>>
>>49608317
He's a good GM, it's just that's the one problem I have with him. He doesn't kick people for it, he just gets annoyed. Although if you make your characters related to each other in some way then he's fine with it. That's why our party is an entire adventuring family. One of us is the mom, one is the dad, one is the daughter, and one's the cool wizard grandpa.
>>
>>49608331

If game day approaches and you want the game to be canceled not because of existing obligations, but because you simply don't want to play.

When gaming becomes a chore, or you're constantly finding it difficult to connect with the other party members because they annoy you.
>>
>>49608331
There's a lot of ways. If your GM is a That Guy, it's probably a bad game.
If you dislike more than 1/3rd of the party as people? Probably a bad game.

You really just gotta use your own standards or higher, since some people on here seem to be willing to be literally spit on before going "wait, I shouldn't be playing with these guys" to judge if it's a bad game or not.
Some people can play with absolute shitheads and be relatively fine with it, because they can use it as stories or experience of things to avoid in the future, or just make the best of a bad situation. I can't, really.
>>
>>49608377
What if I get bored with how combat focused my group is? They all actively want combats that are 5+ rounds. And are all 1pp only dexfags.
>>
>>49608411
>mass hold person for shorter combat
>fog cloud for longer combat
>be a wizard and just let them do all the work while you sit back in your lawn chair and toss the occasional scorching ray or black tentacles out
>absolutely overcharge them to craft magic items (150% craft cost is a good way to go, since it's still a 25% discount from full market price, bonus if you can reduce the cost of crafting)
>roll in the money, get the GM to let you set up a network of high-value contacts with your ill-willed gains, eventually become one of the most influential members of the world
>the rest of the party is basically your brute squad
>>
File: 1471335043232.png (539KB, 2574x1668px) Image search: [Google]
1471335043232.png
539KB, 2574x1668px
Asking again: you guys have a specific/custom character sheet you like to use, or do you just use the default.
I like using http://charactersheets.minotaur.cc/build/pathfinder but the lack of archetypes for most classes I like and 1-2 other things makes me kind of want to switch.
>>
>>49608507
I am a wizard actually, and I'm taking Craft Wondrous next level, though GM ruled 1/2 price for crafting for me but full for other party members. I could maybe try to charge more but that might be "that guy" territory. The basic plan was battlefield control bad guys, let them mop up and rake in the dosh. The actual issue is that they are all terrible at optimization and can't kill things even with my CC.
>>
>>49608574
I just take a sheet of paper and note down everything relevant. I get rather annoyed for some reason when I see unused sections on character sheets; why do I have a section for spells known? I'm playing a damn rogue!
>>
>>49608586
>that spoiler
Brutal.

Your GM's rule for crafting makes sense, I suppose, as a manner of keeping the party's total item list shorter, so I would forgo that markup mentioned earlier.

I would start using spells that actually remove enemies from the fight, if just CC isn't helping much. The Create Pit spells can keep an enemy away from the action for, minimum, your CL in rounds, there's gotta be at least three ways to induce the frightened or panicked conditions, and you can always use summon monster to hedge foes away from your allies for a few rounds.

Then you just need to encourage the fuckers to focus their attacks. Nothing slower than a battlefield of one-vs-ones.
>>
>>49608641
aren't those on their own page like... 90% of the time, though?
I can't even recall (for PF at least) where spells weren't their own page(s)
>>
File: Witness me.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Witness me.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>49608183
No, because survival is never guaranteed.

A concept that looks good in theory might fall short in practice. Especially if luck is against you that night.
>>
>>49608701
The generic two page sheet from paizo has a small section for spells on the second sheet, and I mean SMALL.
>>
>>49608701
Even so, every character sheet I've found seems to always have a section I will not use.

Also, I can't write small enough to fit it into the sheets.
>>
File: Robin and Corrin.jpg (49KB, 500x611px) Image search: [Google]
Robin and Corrin.jpg
49KB, 500x611px
What up, party people? This is going to be the last day of the Legendary Villains: Vigilante playthrough.

I seriously had a lot of fun writing it, and with the playtest, and now I'm going to be taking it and doing small tweaks (I don't plan a lot of changes here), but if anyone has anything they'd like to say before it ends, let me know.
>>
Is the questioner investigator not able to cast in light armor like a bard?
>>
>>49608822
Under the Mercurial Duelist's Ancestral Weapon it says this at the bottom:
>This ability the 1st level social talent.
Did you a word?
>>
Finishing up my character sheet for the Artisan, should I bother giving him an advanced firearm and shuffling feats around to get PBS and Precise, or should I just not bother? He's got gunsmithing to produce firearms, just debating if he should be proficient in the things he makes.
>>
>>49608822
Will there be a playtest for KOP 4?
>>
>>49608892
My mind tells me there's a trait or something that gives you proficiency in any weapon you make yourself.

I may be wrong though.
>>
>>49608913
Master Tinker for Gnomes.

>http://www.d20pfsrd.com/races/core-races/gnome

>Master Tinker Gnomes experiment with all manner of mechanical devices. Gnomes with this racial trait gain a +1 bonus on Disable Device and Knowledge (engineering) checks. They are treated as proficient with any weapon they have personally crafted. This racial trait replaces defensive training and hatred.
>>
File: Selkie and Velour.png (714KB, 700x495px) Image search: [Google]
Selkie and Velour.png
714KB, 700x495px
>>49608898
I talked with the team, and they seem to REALLY want to do a playtest, so I talked with the publisher, and they said yes.

There's a few things with it that I think really need tested, like the entropist, so yeah, this should be getting a 2-3 week playtest.

Not sure what it's been, but people have been really up on having me do playtest. There will be a playtest for Legendary Kineticists II as well. If I'm being honest, most books on which I'm the primary writer (that aren't blow off books) will probably have a playtest.

>>49608855
Yes, yes I did.
>>
>>49608947
Fucking gnomes.
>>
New Thread

>>49609005
>>49609005
>>49609005
>>49609005
>>49609005
>>
>>49608965
Your campaign could either have them, or the dwarves from Oglaf.
>>
>>49608804
Huh. I guess what I thought was the generic one, wasn't.
You have that two page sheet as a PDF or have a link or something?
>>
>>49609020
Those gnomes that make inappropriate gifts?
>>
>>49605704
Novaless, 1d10 is 5.5 while 1d6 is 3.5
However at Nova 1, 2d10 is 11 while 3d6 is 10.5; this is basically the "breakeven" point or as close as things get for it.

At Nova 2, 3d10 (16.5) already falls behind 5d6 (17.5). Only at levels 1-2 was there an advantage damagewise. The advantage is gone by 3rd and the d10s are weaker by 5th.
>>
>>49605731
is that one of scientology's space dc-10s from xenu or something?
Thread posts: 356
Thread images: 76

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.