[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Horus Heresy General /hhg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 336
Thread images: 50

File: image.png (6MB, 2076x1776px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
6MB, 2076x1776px
Arachnid Power Edition
Stormbirds are huge Sub-Edition
We can find the future FW release dates in the Bible, so go to church and take in the word of the Emperor. Do it or spiders and Scorpions will take 50% of everything you own.
The old thread >>49565299

> R E A D . T H I S . B E F O R E . P O S T I N G

HHG FAQ
http://pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8

Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016)
http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf

30k TACTICA
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Warhammer_40,000/Tactics#Horus_Heresy

Red Books Links: https://sys.4chan.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww2.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2Fs15Jqk1t%2Ffile.html
https://sys.4chan.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23!Jx1UGCTI!vMJN89z7p8tiEC7YOAj477g6RxDtJ7culVLF3q3godg

HH Book 6 - Retribution PDF:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/8aqx9j3a8erqv8d/The_Horus_Heresy_Book_6_-_Retribution.pdf or
https://sys.4chan.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fkat.cr%2Fthe-horus-heresy-book-6-retribution-pdf-t12199249.html

Other official downloads: http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Downloads#horusheresy
HH Rules:
Crusade Army List:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/1lprm5vd99yafa3/
Mechanicum Taghmata Army List:
https://mega.nz/#!LFwTjQ7B!mF0eVOY8P1MPT0a-QSXypXo_ZfskhYynD41PrkaTbD8
30k/40k Rules:
https://mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ!EVh0GZZS
30k/40k Rules and more (torrents):
https://mega.nz/#F!0RlxDZQC!qAu9BaubWa3KeihJRmOcsg
Crusade Imperialis epub:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/meqp1hn5sa3d6gt/The_Horus_Heresy_%E2%80%93_Crusade_Imperialis_-_Army_Lists.epub

Strawpoll links:
http://www.strawpoll.me/10558764
www.strawpoll.me/10663447
>>
https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-US/Space-Marine-Sokar-pattern-Stormbird

MY FUCKING EYES.
>>
Gimme an hour and some and I'll have White Dwarf October scans for you
>>49579755
Tithe was 10%
>>
I'm not going to lie thread anon, I don't like this general banner. If all the book names were in the same style it wouldn't be as bad. Also why have we decided to stop just using one banner? makes it harder to find the thread when skimming through the catalogue.
>>
>>49579814
Is that the battle of prospero white dwarf?
>>
So, who's ready for Inferno, aptly named for what this thread is going to become after it's released.

Also, BoP is dropping soon, if we pay attention to the latest rumours.
>>
>>49579837
Why are you looking through the catalogue and just going
>'search ops'
>Hhg
>enter
>one result /Hhg (inside joke)
>click
Done like a bawss
>>
>>49579802
Too much yellow.
>>49579814
It's a test.
>>49579837
I didn't make it, Anon, and as for why one Anon mentioned we needed some variety. Old HHG6 image will be the next general image.
>>
>>49579865
No genestealer
If it was te battle of prospero desu id sell the scans to BoLS
>>
>>49579884
>id sell the scans to BoLS
You have no soul m8
>>
>>49579814
Honoured be Scan Anon and all His Living Saints.
>>49579879
>Too much yellow
I bet it also stings like death.
>>
>>49579946
Yes

And then use the money to buy ALLL!!! The calth sets and then raffle them off in the /Hhg to raise funds for the wiki or something
>>
>>49579981
Ok, you're a good soul after all then!
>>
>>49579981
The wiki is in need?
>>
>>49579974
I'm not scanon I'm archive anon
I thought of this to give back to you guys for helping me with lists, and then realised it would help my archive build
>>
>>49580001
Well websites require money to run, or is it a limited but free wiki page
I know they have the slutty ads on the side but don't know anything else about their financial situation
>>
>>49580006
>And all His Living Saints
You're still a good guy in my book.
>>
>>49580001

I think the 1d4 chan article can be in need of an update i suppose.
I have been considering to make a Kyr Vhalen article for some time, yet for some reason, never got around doing it
>>
>>49579874
I was more thinking of new people to the thread, but I forgot to take into account it says in fuck off massive letters at the top "THE HORUS HERESY GENERAL"
>>
>>49580030
Then I'll link that badass'es article to his Tactica and viceversa.
>>
Mastodon or a Stormlord?
>>
>>49580037
Do we want to be welcoming and find the gold in the dredge, or do we want only the hardcore 30k players to find us
>>
Id the new store exclusive mini an ultramarine exclusive to help move more B@C boxes?
>>
>>49580111
Tbqh bringing in more players is mostly going to add more AL, IF and IW players starting out with BaC, but every now and again you find one of them rare newfags who wants to play salamanders or white scars
>>
So how much salt will Inferno produce?
>>
>>49580140
Considering all the info we have is its limited edition and it may be venatus, your guess is as good as mine. I think it'll be a £50+ freebi>>49580140
>>
File: Salamanders_vs._Orks_Acheron.png (2MB, 1130x763px) Image search: [Google]
Salamanders_vs._Orks_Acheron.png
2MB, 1130x763px
Does anyone here own Cataphractii?

Question: Does a regular Terminator Stormbolter fit on to the Cataphractii models?
>>
File: image.jpg (43KB, 492x775px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43KB, 492x775px
>>49580169
Ed....Ward?
>>
>>49580169
Wait until Prospero then we'll have more new players playing the MkIII legions (though I guess that still leaves a bunch of Ironfags?)
>>
>>49580101
Mastolord Stormodon Colonic Irrigator
Jk, it really does depend. The Mastodon is superior as a battering ram against stuff like Primus Redoubts or other powerful "kills you on sight" Fortifications, that's that assault landcrawler's job.
The Stormlord is a moving fortress as well, and can park and eat a double ration of MEQs while still providing social interest housing for your minis.
TL;DR: one is a ram, the other is a moving fortress, which isn't exactly the same.
>>49580111
We want both, right?
>>
>>49580191
>Does a regular Terminator Stormbolter fit on to the Cataphractii models?
Why do u ask this?
>>
>>49580224
I prefer the visuals of the regular Stormbolters.
>>
>>49579802
A slightly more muted yellow would work a lot better. Yellow with a slight hint of tan.

>>49580101
The Stormlord's Vulcan megabolter is popular, but it's more important for a transport to be survivable and the Mastodon's void shields and anti-air make it better in that regard.
>>
What are some good head for the scout models? GW preferably as my main shop is a GW
>>
File: image0012[1].jpg (29KB, 622x467px) Image search: [Google]
image0012[1].jpg
29KB, 622x467px
>>49580179
See pic related. All 4086 square miles of it.

Though it'll depend on the army rules I suppose.
>>
>>49580252
Right, I guess you could make them fit by cutting off the arm off the storm bolter and cut off the combi bolter on the Cataph arm.
>>
>>49580179

Basically Infinite Salt until the next book.
Given the fan base of the legions, it is almost guaranteed to disappoint everyone especially Iron Warriors
>>
File: image.jpg (105KB, 1147x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
105KB, 1147x960px
>>49580179
We'll be swimming in Lake Natron.
>>
>>49580169
I'm waiting for the Prospero box to start my Salamanders. Not because it's cheaper, but because I'm really hoping they've got more marines without designs on the chest. Such designs should be for sergeants only so as to really mark them out as leaders.
>>
>>49580617
>marines without designs on the chest
What designs? The skull and thunderbolts?
>>
File: IMG_2998.jpg (32KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2998.jpg
32KB, 600x620px
>>49580617
Anon, the helmets are for leaders. Chest designs are for everyone.
>>
>>49580953
The skull is good. Indicates he's the ranking officer. The thunderbolts I'm not a fan of.
>>
sorry guys, a troll is currently guarding the scanner so it will either be a lot later tonight or tomorrow that i get the scans out

sorry for disappointing you father alacran
>>
>>49581231
Scans of what? Whatever it is, thanks.
>>
>>49581292
october white dwarf and now will of iron 00, the free comic that came with it
>>
>>49581310
>will of iron 00
Oooo.

What's it about?
>>
File: blogger-image-436704006.jpg (51KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
blogger-image-436704006.jpg
51KB, 640x480px
>tfw when forgeworld praetor armor looks like complete shit
>Pic is me on the right.
>>
>>49581334
dark angels helping a radical inquistor that uses daemonhosts
who's the real heretic here
>>
>>49581337
they steal our terminators and then they have the nerve to steal our masks
GOSH the nerve
>>
>>49580191
That's what I did. I always liked the twin-magazine look in old art, so wanted to replicate that on my terminators. Also, it's the only storm/combi-bolter models I know that uses .75 caliber bolts outside of Chaos.

>>49580300
Or get any of the terminator storm bolters that got the hand attached to them but not the arm, like DA ones, for example.
>>
>>49581349
I know we joke about the Dark Angels doing dark shit to catch the fallen but now they're making them into straight on Chaos Marines.

I wonder if that has to do with the 8th edition rumors
>>
>>49581349
Hopefully it's the guy they're working together to burn to death. It'd be really awkward if that wasn't the case.
>>
>>49581362

Some fucked up shit ain't it?
>>
Pharos was a disappointing book.

It started off really weak, then picked up and ended on a low note....

Dantioch's bit was great, but the Night Lords seemed like complete and utter retards.
>>
>>49581548
A lot of the Heresy books suffer because they have to match up with 40k lore; so you've got the stupidest deus exes pulled off
>>
>>49581577
>have to match up with 40k lore

Why? I mean, ok, you can't have Ultras going traitor and WE being totes loyal, but that's just adhering to 30k lore. Who does anything in 30k have to have anything to do with 40k? There's 10,000 years in between the two, a lot of shit can and did happen during that time. 30k fluff doesn't have to be directly tied to 40k, that's just being lazy.

And they can't even adhere to that, they just go and retcon everything and then Goldie screams at you for being a massive cunt for not liking it.
>>
>>49581577
Going to read Angels of Caliban and Praetorian of Dorn next.

I just can't get past some of this stuff though, and it's not even stuff that's forced in by the 40k status quo. Shit like every ultramarine killing 5-10 night lords on their own.

Or in the beginning where 60 night lords ambush 6 ultramarines in an open area in a dark room, and the ultramarines kill a shitload of them and still get away. How does that make any fucking sense to a guy who's supposedly been playing warhammer for over 20 years?
>>
>>49581687
They rolled a lot of 1s
>>
>>49581687
mathhammer and rule of cool
or they were actually omegon legion trying to give the night lords bad press
>>
>>49581729
It wasn't even that cool though, it was the opening scene almost. Completely kills any sense of anticipation for the rest of the book because you know the night lords are such absolute shit aims. And it's even worse when 6-7 humans manage to kill a dozen night lords later on in an ambush.
>>
>>49581652
Well; I mean shit like the Pharos and primarch fights almost always ending in both of them surviving
>>49581687
Angels of Caliban is surprisingly good; while Praetorian of Dorn has a strong 2/3rd but then it unravels by the end because French wanted to pull a TWEEST
>>
So how are they going to explain Horus managing to get through the Solar System's defenses; The Imperial Fists', Blood Angels' and White Scars' fleets; the giant death star that is the Moon and all those defense stations that ring Terra without losing 9/10ths of his force? What asspull are they going to make up now
>>
>>49581853
all traitor legions present, DA, SW UM not there

basically pertuabo is the breaker of boxes, dorn's boxes are no exception
>>
>>49581853
There's plenty of possible plot devices they could use like warp-fuckery and xeno-tech,
>>
>>49581909
*reduced traitor legions.

Word Bearers were a third of their original number by Terra; I assume the rest were barely better.

And no matter how talented Perturabo is; that's still an insane of firepower they have to tank and Dorn's had a decade or so to get ready
>>
>>49581949
they were less but theyre full daemon by now
>>
>>49581949
Simply put there are more traitor legions than loyal ones.
>>
>>49581853

Plot armor? what fucking else?
>>
>>49579837

The reason they're not in the same style is because they were scanned at different times, and with different settings. Mainly because the scan machine broke after Tempest and has never been the same since.
>>
>>49581990
You can be as daemon as you want; that's not stopping those mountain sized shells the Kuiper's belt lobbing at you
>>49581994
That literally doesn't even approach the question; and I wonder if you understood it.

It doesn't matter if they outnumber them 1:3; the old adage that a man on the walls is worth ten beneath them is correct; especially if they have to smash through 4 planets; dozens of moons and an asteroid belt or two to get there
>>
>>49581787
>ending in both of them surviving

And that's shitty writing. By that I mean, they shouldn't change facts, but why are they focusing on events that didn't really lead into anything, rather than the interesting bits that have some effects? Isn't that like storytelling 101? Ask yourself if this is the most interesting thing to tell about the character and if not, why are you telling it?

Again, the point I've always made and continue to make, they should have put nobodies in the focus. Primarchs clashing and surviving is just the backdrop to the more personal story of someone serving under one of the primarchs and their views and experiences about it. That way you can craft stories that adhere to the history but can do their own thing independent of it, and you don't have to listen to all the autism and daddy issues.
>>
>>49582019
Horus had sizable forces that where empowered by the Chaos Gods. They use the warps influence pretty much all throughout the Heresy, it goes so far that during the Hersey Argel Tal becomes responsible for breaking the geller field that allowed the Chaos gods to disperse the Primarchs across the galaxy.
>>
>>49582050
Perturabo has the cannons he scammed from the Lion.

What don't you understand?
>>
>>49582192
>Argel Tal becomes responsible for breaking the geller field that allowed the Chaos gods to disperse the Primarchs across the galaxy.

What the fuck are the authors even fucking doing?
>>
>>49582189
I agree with this; but Primarch fights always make idiots give up their money
>>49582192
Haven't you people ever heard of visions? It didn't happen; just like Horus wasn't transported either
>>49582219
Oh; you mean all 7 of them? Pray tell; how is he going to use them in deep space? And do you think the loyalists have been sitting on their asses the entire time
>>
>>49582223
That's old news though, its in the First Heretic.
>>
>>49582249
Is it? I haven't heard of visions.
>>
>>49582249
>Primarch fights always make idiots give up their money

And they deserve all that they get.
>>
>>49582267
It is indeed a vision; I don't know how people understood that Argel Tal and his brothers were travelling through time.

All this proves to me is that the IQ of this general is steadily going downwards
>>
>>49582249
Pert already smashed the space defenses.

Did you not read path of heaven?
>>
>>49581853
The traitor legions have had more systems from which to get replacements. The Death Guard and Sons of Horus fleets are in good shape. The Iron Warriors fleet has suffered, but they were large to begin with. The other traitor legions have suffered heavy losses, but the Word Bearers should still have an Abyss-class ship, right?

On the loyalist side, the Imperial Fists will have a strong fleet with several years' worth of reinforcements from the Segmentum Solar, but the White Scars, Blood Angels, and Space Wolves fleets will probably be at 30-40% strength.

We can assume the Alpha Legion incursion did some damage to Pluto's defenses, and they may have sabotaged some other stuff.

Before reaching the Solar System, the Traitor fleet will take Anvillus, a major forge world. In old fluff it's mostly known for its Land Raider production, but it should have some effect on their naval disposition. Don't forget Mars - it's blockaded, but it's traitor-held. The Dark Mechanicum could have something up its sleeves. Oh, and the deamonic trickery in space that the Blood Angels experienced at Signus could be performed in the Solar System too.
>>
>>49581231
Don't worry man.
>>49581337
Heh, you should see UM Eagleman on book 5. I lost count of how many Eagles, laurels and omegas he has.
>>49581949
>Word Bearers were a third of their original number by Terra; I assume the rest were barely better.
I remember HH6 saying that the number of traitors going steadily down since Istvaan is a misconception.
>>
>>49582050
>especially if they have to smash through 4 planets; dozens of moons and an asteroid belt or two to get there
Couldn't they just approach from above or below the orbital plane?
>>
>>49582297
Oh, I thought you where referring to other source material. That didn't happen in a "Vision", it's expressed clearly that Argel Tal was moving within the geneworks of terra, as soon as he broke the geller field he felt the Emperor become aware of him.
>>
>>49582355

Well yes, but BL can't into science. Everything has to be on a flat surface. Why did the Alphas hit Pluto in Praetorian when they could have easily slid right past it?
>>
Also, Pert is the Decimator Prime, breaker of any and all defenses. Except the Imperial Palace, and that was a matter of time, which they didn't have.
>>
>>49582383
>Why did the Alphas hit Pluto in Praetorian when they could have easily slid right past it?
Because the plan was to bring Dorn to Pluto so Alpharius could sit down and have a heart-to-heart with him.
>>
>>49582337
Why do I get the feeling that english isn't your native language?

He destroyed other worlds' defenses; but not Terra's.
>>49582344
Mars was blockaded in the old fluff but in the new one it gets taken down by a joint IF and Heretek AI offense
>>49582355
BL retardation
>>49582366
Yes; I was referring to other source material. Literally the same shit happens back in False Gods when Horus trips out on Davin and he even smashes XI's pod
>>
>>49582383
because their primarch is vain

front page done
>>
>>49582409
Probably because you're getting really defensive about not understanding something very obvious.

Why are you so perturbed?
>>
File: IFStormbird.jpg (39KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
IFStormbird.jpg
39KB, 600x620px
>Thunderhawk equipped with a heavy laser cannon, missiles, and smaller weapons stations
>Stormbird just has some missiles and smaller weapons stations

Why did FW make it so underarmed when it was bigger? In 40k bigger usually always means "more heavily armed"
>>
>>49582411

You know, if you can scan the next white Dwarf with all the HH stuff in it, then you can be given the title of 'mini-scanon'.
>>
The demon sword plot introduced in Fulgrim still bugs me. It's just so bad.
>>
File: file.png (43KB, 233x405px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
43KB, 233x405px
>>49582436
No; the other guys are making good points; you just sound like a retard
>>
>>49582467
>better cover my ass
>>
>>49582448
It's a transport, not a gunship.
>>
>>49582448
More internal space given over to transport capacity, hence less space to put weapon reactors for big guns.
>>
File: file.png (13KB, 153x139px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
13KB, 153x139px
>>49582484
It's just the truth pal
>>
>>49582497
How so?
>>
>>49582467
You sound like the retard.

Nothing to contribute.
>>
>>49582448
Same reason a Hind is more heavily armed than a Chinook. Stormbird is for mass transporting platoons into battle while Thunderhawk can move a few squads with support and then provide fire support to them. They fulfill different roles.

I'm more worries that they made the stormbird just a big thunderhawk.
>>
File: file.png (5KB, 138x76px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
5KB, 138x76px
>>49582527
You keep making wrong and weird statements; like you didn't understand the books
>>
>>49582545
Is this ME: Andromeda?
>>
>>49582557
No, that would be you.

>still thinks traitor legions are at a third of their original size
>doesn't know about what happened in tallarn
>not up to date with path of heaven and praetorian of dorn
>>
>>49582451
>'mini-scanon'
(white) Dwarf Scanon
>>
>>49582451
How about Magazine Bro? Good on its own.
>>
>>49582557
How so? You're being willfully obtuse just to complain about BL.
>>
>>49582451
Yeah I have a subscription so I will get it, speaking Scanon I summon THEE, how do you get around pages bending around the other side, just hold the rest of the book up or what, and also the troll returned so I'll have to finish it tommorow, but by Sunday morning it shall be done I swear on my scanner
>>49582463
Why, it helps explain corruption of the emperors children
>>
>>49582581
binary domain
>>
>>49582463
worse than the fulgrim gangbang in angel exterminatus?
>>
>>49582654
>still thinks traitor legions are at a third of their original size
I only said the WB are at that point; and if you think aspirants put in power armor are anything but cannon fodder you're fooling yourself.
>doesn't know about what happened in tallarn
What; you mean Perturabo and his Iron Warriors getting rekt?
>not up to date with path of heaven and praetorian of dorn
And here comes the best part of all; where you blatantly make shit up. Just like >>49582337

Where exactly in Path of Heaven did Perturabo smash Sol's defenses? Are you maybe thinking of the Kalium Gate?

And the Alpha Legion in Praetorian of Dorn only managed to destroy Nyx and damage Kerberos before getting smashed aside with huge casualties; and this happens 3 years before the heresy, enough time for Dorn to rebuild
>>49582676
BL made Sol's defenses too OP. I'm simply pointing out why that's stupid
>>
Can't wait for inferno to drop so this thread gets even shittier and the posters more retarded.
>>
>>49582785
*before the siege
>>
>>49582718
That was sorta funny.
>>
>>49582785
If you have already decided now, a few years ahead of time, that they will come up with something stupid, then I don't think anything will satisfy you.

The traitor legions will obviously use some kind chaos magic shit or conjure up a few more abyss ships. It's not like the BL writers have to adhere to any concrete details. Anything can happen in 3-4 years.
>>
>>49581337
>forgeworld praetor armor looks like complete shit
u wot
>>
>>49582861
I know they will come up with something stupid because they're BL; just like the scorpion must sting the frog.

And the reason I'm complaining is because this is the general quality of the HH series now: write themselves into corners and then proceed to dig themselves in deeper
>>
File: pls send help.jpg (77KB, 579x795px) Image search: [Google]
pls send help.jpg
77KB, 579x795px
I feel like I've started down a very long and dark path, HHG...

I picked up some of the FW Clear airbrush paints to tip the order over £250 for the free delivery, instead of having to pay £49.50 for the same. Are they any good? Might use them if I start an Eldar army in 40k.
>>
>>49582889
It's not necessarily stupid though.

How did you expect the traitor legions to get to terra?

Obviously they cheated and used chaos magic and shit.
>>
>>49582900
>Multi-melta
>Plasma cannon
For what purpose?

Nice Autocannons and Dreadnought though.
>>
>>49582900
>IW Dread
>Paying for Star marines
You aren't greedy, you're batshit insane.
deja vu says this comment goes wrong for me
>>
>>49583014
I agree it doesn't have to be necessarily stupid; but the way Sol's defenses have been written about makes conquering it a bit unbelievable. They should have toned it down just a little bit instead of going for wow factor
>>
>>49583018
>>49583018
I like them because I think they look cool and I don't play much TTG
>>
>>49583049
That would've been boring though.
>>
>>49583080
Not everything needs to be rule of cool y'know? You can have fun without taking things too far
>>
>>49583123
Worse, it would make the Imperial Fists look stupid and useless.

But think of all the worlds slaving away for Horus and the Dark Mechanicum. They're going to build a lot of ships before the Siege.
>>
>>49583123
I agree.

I just think you're exaggerating this whole issue. There's no exact measurement for chaos powers or whatever kind of undefined abilities they might grant the traitor legions.
>>
>>49583228
Not really. You can have the IF fortify Terra and the Solar System without having them turn the planets' moons into death starts; that's just overkill
>>49583254
Wouldn't Dorn have anti daemon/psyker effects as well? I mean; the Sisters of Silence are just a moon away
>>
>that feel when the legions you like won't be cool unique shit for an eternity

Well fuck me.
>>
>>49583305
Which ones?
>>
>>49583303
> I mean; the Sisters of Silence are just a moon away

Even talking about 30k sounds glamrock as fuck.
>>
>>49583329

Dark angels and white scars.
>>
>>49583347
Dark Angels are next book after Inferno I think; but yeah, you're going to have to wait for your space Mongols
>>
File: file.png (215KB, 314x406px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
215KB, 314x406px
Why was he such a cunt?
>>
>>49582900
Oh hey, that's different. More Iron Warriors. Exactly what we need.
>>
>>49583653

Don't worry. The number will drop off after they get shafted by FW yet again tomorrow.

For to be an Iron Warrior is to know the studio itself hates you and your Legion and will give it the worst fluff and never give you models for your unique units.
>>
>>49583702
This makes me feel a bit better about all the bitters. I don't hate Iron Warriors at all, just to clarify. It's just a bit ridiculous that most people seem to either start or play Iron Warriors. For what reason? Is it the hazard stripes? Is it having so much artillery that people grimace the moment they see your army on the table? I don't understand.
>>
>>49583702
It is to be expected that the worst legion has the worst models, fluff and rules.

Who'd thought that a bunch of autists would come to like it?
Certainly not FW.
>>
>>49583702
The torsos are okay. Not good though. The skull helm and the targeter helm are fine. The faux MkIV is absolute garbage though.

>>49583735
I dunno. They just seem oddly likeable. They attract a large demographic. The fedoras who like to make fun of religion/Word Bearers, the guys who want to play Imperial Guard: Space Marine edition, the guys who want to play CSM and not suck/live up to their fluff as one of the least corrupted/most organized non-Word Bearers Chaos Legion, and those who have a love for their fluff. And WWI military history buffs. Mmm... Trench warfare.

>>49583768
I though it was agreed that Word Bearers were worst legion?
>>
>>49583805
>and those who have a love for their fluff.

I didn't think the Decimation was that loved.
>>
>>49582050
Its all the traitor legions vs 3 loyal ones. IF were never a really big legion and BA/WSs were reduced in numbers. It was about 1:10
>>
>>49583805
obviously >>49583768 is a bearer of the word.
>>
>>49583815
Other than that, anon.

Plus, fluff-wise they have some pretty cool characters. Dantioch, Kyr Vhalen, and Mole Man.

Why are all their cool characters loyalists?

>>49583839
Eh, I've nothing against Word Bearers. I like their aesthetics. I only wish FW painted them with blue eyes like they should have. And if my account isn't fixed by tomorrow, I too, shall bear the word of Handsome Squidward.
>>
>>49583839
>Implying I'm a traitor.
Filthy IW
>>
>>49583868
Because let's be honest, FW are giant loyalistfags like BL are giant traitorfags
>>
>>49583868

The B&C's owner's 15 year old daughter has been diagnosed with ovarian cancer, he's got slightly more important things to worry about than authing some nerd's shitposting account.
>>
>>49584026
I know anon, no need to be defensive. I contacted a mod a little after the site went back up, and was told they'd manually fix it the day after. It's been a couple days now and I'm just annoyed is all.
>>
On the question how the Traitors got to Terra in the first place.

First thing to consider is that the Solar system is a rather big place, which makes building belts of layered defences impractical, especially when you try to fortify something like the Kuiper Belt, at which point you either run out of resources (if you want it dense) or you have too little butter on too much sandwiches syndrome.

the second major consideration is that both Horus (and Perty for that matter) would try to bypass Pluto if possible, or just assign a cohort of numbskulls to keep them busy while moving in system.
Since the Kuiper belt cannot reasonably be a fortified line capable of resisting a large armada concentrated on a small part of its perimeter, it can be punctured without much trouble.

Hence, to Quote Domingo Cavagnari: "In order to be successful, the Navy needs to engage from an advantageous position.'
in short, the only place where the Terran fleet can effectively resist the Traitor Armada (which outclasses it both in number and displacement) is where it gets most gain from its fixed defense installations, which inevitably, means that the real fight will only be waged in Terran near space. given that batteries on Luna are (given my knowledge on the subject) would be, if in optimal position be able to fire on the inbound traitor fleet.

This would suit both Dorn and (Perty, if he was Preatorian of Terra) because both know that Horus's goal would be the IMperial palace, and because of that, they can trade space for time, and preferable position over the Traitors, who are to be funnelled into a single killzone.

lets not forget, that with the exception of the Battle of Phall, the Traitor fleets aren't nearly as in a bad shape as the Loyalists, who lost the bulk of the Salamander, Iron Hand and Raven guard vessels over Isstvan, lost most heavy ships over Calth, and lost a significant amount of ships over Phall as well.
>>
cont.

factor in that Horus is, due to the nature of the Warpstorm far more capable of coordinating task forces from separate systems and sectors to link up (having communications help a lot here) its not unreasonable to expect them to bring in considerably more vessels then Dorn is able to muster at Terra, whose #1 shipyard, Mars is in a state of civil war. (although those on Luna are quite big as well IIRC) means that total tonnage and amount of capital ships will be almost guaranteed lower.
>>
Dark Angels ever getting a book?
>>
>>49583622
You spend your childhood alone in a spooky murder forest and see if you turn out okay. It's not really a secret that the lion is socially retarded, the books say so.
>>
>>49584257
Maybe book 8 unless it's the Martian Civil War book. I'd wait until the next HH Weekender before you put yourself in suicide watch.
>>
>>49584257
Nope, fw confirmed that they are never getting a book and that they will actually retcon them out of the setting. Have fun with the rules you have because they last until the next book
>>
>>49584068
Traitor's entitlement, ladies and gentlemen

>>49584338
This is factual
>>
>>49584196

The Loyalists would still have the Sol Defence Fleet which is described as having a large number of Gloriana class Vessels along with whatever Star Forts and Space Stations orbit Terra.

Also it was described in Garro: Sword of Truth that there is several defence belts, with only the innermost one around Terra. But then, BL cannot into science, so their fault.
>>
File: Thumbs Up.jpg (34KB, 564x455px) Image search: [Google]
Thumbs Up.jpg
34KB, 564x455px
>>49584338
I'm a DA fag as well and I kekked.

>>49584257
Either book 8 or 9 probably. Depends on whether they want to get to DA or BA first. I would save your sympathy for the White Scars my fellow Calibanite. They might not even get rules until Terra, unless they devote a book to Khan doing raids on the Traitor legions.
>>
>>49584588
They should do the Scars the same way they did the Fists, have them have a certain strike force join up with another force and just write their rules in there.
>>
>>49583805
I play Word Bearers. Better colour scheme, we've got Gal Vorbak, and some interesting fluff that hasn't been dicked around with by various authors.
>>
More 40k philosophy, this way

>>49584503
>>
>>49582344
Pretty sure the WB have two of them left
>>
>>49584588
There were rumours back in February or something that Thramas, the shadow crusade and underworld war would be together under the title
>occlusion
Because they all have something to do with secrets and shadows, but it might well have been just a rumour
>>
>>49584419
>it was described in Garro: Sword of Truth that there is several defence belts, with only the innermost one around Terra. But then, BL cannot into science, so their fault.
A listening post on the Kuiper belt could count as part of the defense systems, not necessarily preventing an incursion, but alerting the rest.
>>
>>49584419

well that makes no sense, simply because i doubt the Imperium would be willing to direct the entire output of entire forgeworlds to the defence of Terra.

but i still consider my theory to be valid, that even if the Imperium had belts, those would not be much more then a series of large minefields with perhaps a station on the major thoroughfares, and even for that the monetary and material costs would be so high, that any budgetting department will sacrifice whoever ordered the construction of it.
>>
>>49584934
Nah, praetorian of dorn goes into detail; there are four spheres; each made up of approximately 150 IF ships and countless other regular imperial ships, defense lasers on every moon and the asteroid belt brimming with mines, defense lasers and outposts.

Also yes, the Imperium did requisition tons of stuff from forge worlds, that's how the alpha legion got in
>>
>>49584934
Maybe they are not literal belts but a sequence of patrolling armadas that create kill-zones with each other thus creating a defensive 'belt'.
>>
>>49584934
>for that the monetary and material costs would be so high, that any budgetting department will sacrifice whoever ordered the construction of it.
You're right, it'd be too expensive. You'd need like a million planets to finance that thing, and god-like authority. It's not like Malcador can finance a whole Space Marine chapter out of a tax evasion scheme, right?
We'd need to make a whole galaxy-spanning organization to simply manage all those resources. It'll be called "Administrorum" or some name like that.
>>49584991
Also, this.
>>
How are tainted weapons? They seem pretty cool.

Also, can Word Bearer Praetors/anything with a specialist weapon really get a bonus attack from having one and another specialist weapon, such as a Paragon blade? It seems to me that they could only have one or the other?
>>
>>49585190
2 specialist weapons gives +1 attack since 6th edition. Tainted weapons are only good on things without access to anything with an ap value
>>
>>49585304
No, I mean I knew it gave +1 attack, I just thought characters and such couldn't have them both at the same time, such as a Paragon Blade or Power Fist and a Tainted Weapon?
>>
Is anybody here running blood angels? Saw someone convert the start collecting box tacticals with mk4 and it looked really good.
>>
>>49585529

Just ordered some upgrade sets for Blood Angels. Mk4, aka best armor.

Can't wait for Sanguinius to get some rules.
>>
>>49585786
I was thinking of using the new plastic mk3 coming out for tacticals and mk4/mk8 (40k blood angels) stuff for veterans. Would that be a cool mix or is having different armor marks in different squads weird?
>>
If I put a Knight-Errant in a deep striking terminator squad, would that unit not scatter? As in I put the Knight Errant on the table, he doesnt scatter so I could just put the rest of the squad around the Knight-Errant, is that correct or am I missing something?
>>
>>49579837
>ctrl+f
>hhg
>>
File: IMG_20160930_170541.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160930_170541.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
played a game against my chaos space marines friend again today. I lost horribly by points but it felt good to mulch chaos with sniper vets and cataphractii.
>>
>>49586352
>different marks different squads

cool

>different marks same squad

kinda weird

>different marks same model

heresy
>>
>>49586772
>Losing to CSM
Kek.
>>
>>49587106
we played a 40k mission and he picked good objective cards and I picked shitty ones like Assassinate and Secure Objective: The One Right Under his Thudd Gun Battery Behind 20 Zombies
>>
>>49586772
So, you're not only a retard when it comes to painting, but also playing the game itself?

Good one, KA, ya made my nighrt
>>
>>49586772
Nice Iron Warriors dude!
>>
File: BULLOCKS.jpg (36KB, 715x256px) Image search: [Google]
BULLOCKS.jpg
36KB, 715x256px
>whitescars fan

Well looks like i'm in for a wait until I get my book. I better get fucking bullock pattern jetbikes you FW cunts.
>>
>>49581762
Author needs a scary enemy
Author is too lazy or incompetent or both to create a sense of threat
Author uses infamous enemy to shortcut needing to establish enemy competence
Author needs cheap heroics (lets be real 40k is pulp at heart), so hero(es) need to put down some scary bad guys to look good
Only scary bad guys he has incorporated are the supposedly competent and skilled enemies
Lazy/incompetent author simply substitutes/swaps elite enemies in lieu of expendable mooks
>>
File: IMG_20160930_170205.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160930_170205.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
>>49587150
>me losing a toy game made your night
sounds like a shitty friday night to me anon.
>>
>>49587265
Is that Z or CCON those wobbly edges looked like heinous mold lines to me at first.
>>
>>49587265
>dat pillar on the shelf
Unboxing threads intensify
>>
>>49587265
You sound bitter.

Also
>Mold slips and bubbles
At least clean up your gook recasts, this just looks lazy like your paintjob. :^)
>>
>>49584257
>>49583305

Dark angel fans. All I gotta say is get ready for some cool fucking shit if forgeworld actually pulls out the stops.
>>
>>49587283
>>49587346
FW actually.
>>
>>49587446
Kek, sure.
>>
>>49587446
You should take your dog to the vet, looks like it ate the back of your caestus there.
>>
>>49587346
>>49587485

You know what's sad? Some guy ripping on another guy for what he does with his model toys.

Why don't you post your shit and compare and prove how better you really are?
>>
>>49587446
Folge Wold Sang-hai I take it?
>>
>>49587521
Don't white knight yourself KA.
>>
File: IMG_20160930_203649.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160930_203649.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
>>49587485
>>49587495
>>49587525
Why is everybody a cunt today
>>
>>49587535

Not even him. Post your shit bud.
>>
>>49587521
Shit models and painting is shit regardless of comparison anon.
>>
>>49587485
>>49587495
>>49587525
>people can't deal with the fact that FW casts aren't perfect
>>
>>49587543

Well how about you post some shit and we all here can see how much of a better painter you are.
>>
>>49587537
It's a testament to your retarded laziness that even after paying a lot of cash and receiving a horrible cast, you took no effort to demand quality from a company that supposedly offers the best product.

Also
>>49587106
>>49587143
>>49587150
>>49587172
>>49587283
>>49587290
>>49587346
>>49587398
>>49587446
>>49587485
>>49587495
>>49587521
>>49587525
>>49587535
>>49587540
>>49587543
>>49587545
>>49587568
You all fags post some painted shit or y'all can't post here again and I'll kill your dog and disembowel your mother.
>>
File: sad beep.png (500KB, 751x458px) Image search: [Google]
sad beep.png
500KB, 751x458px
>>49587265
Poor Caestus with the chewed up butt. Hush now, the pain will go away soon.
>>49587446
>>49587537
If this is true then FW is evil. You didn't tell them your model was in that condition?
>>49586772
I know that early crusade paint scheme was canon, but maybe I just don't get used to the fact to see Cataphractii and LRs painted that way...
>The LR is grey with yellow sections and skulls.
I kind of wish you had a power fist on the right hand to make it a golden power fist.
>>
>>49587604
it was my first actual forgeworld purchase that wasn't a small upgrade kit. also I absolutely never see Caestus Assault Rams posted here so I was oblivious to what is and isn't normal for FW. Maybe I'll send them an email and say hey an online mongolian barbecue forum thinks this expensive product was made in russia with(out) love. either way I'll probably stick with plastic because a) fuck resin and b) fuck resin.
>>
Man, how does one man trigger this entire thread so hard?

>>49586807
Anon, I...
>>
>>49586772
When are you going to finally add black to the yellow area's to make hazard stripes ? Your Iron Warriors with parts just yellow look a bit weird.
>>
>>49586772
>>49588056
Yeah they look like the Iron Warriors had an chapter with Imperial fist during a drunken one night stand or something.
>>
>>49588039
Is it cool to have Emperor's Children with scales and furs as either trophies or decorations?
Maybe some particularly deranged chapter out on their own.
I was also thinking to add marble effects on armour plates here and there, it isn't a stretch that they'd go out of their way to make armour out of exotic materials.
>>
File: Kalkator & Magneric excerpt.png (19KB, 535x216px) Image search: [Google]
Kalkator & Magneric excerpt.png
19KB, 535x216px
>>49588450
Iron Warriors x Imperial Fists das best. I can only imagine Kalkator and Magneric's adventures.

>The auspex readings are complete. Analyzing structural weakpoints...
>Pfff, you and your "Shat-her-defences". All we need is bolter and blade, Kalkator.
>Magneric, I'm merely asking you charge AFTER our artillery volley. If we pin them in pla--
>OK CHUMS, LET'S DO THIS. ROGAAAAAAAAL--
>M A G N E R I C . N O .
>DOOOOOOORRNNN!!!
>:U
>:U
>>
>>49588680
>At least I have a pain glove.
>>
File: Sure thing.png (3MB, 1108x1503px) Image search: [Google]
Sure thing.png
3MB, 1108x1503px
>>49588630
>marble effects
Even before their fall, the EC would use enamel to denote exalted individuals. And on Istvaan V they already had all manner of trinquets adorning their armours.
References HH1 & HH2.
>>
Anyone going to the open day?
>>
>>49588814

Dutch Anons? Do we even have any in /hhg/? They'd be too stoned out of their minds to go.
>>
>>49588814
Will there finally be Iron Warriors things there?

I doubt it, but I need some new news.
>>
>>49588897

Are you forgetting? FW hate the Iron Warriors. If anything, expect Imperial Fist Huscarl Terminators there.
>>
>>49588911
No, please, no. Please. No.

It will be an extremely disappointing Warsmith model. With amazing MkII Iron Warriors tactical squad that comes with a Nuncio-Vox. In my dreams.
>>
>>49588680
Who are these two? Are they really an IW and an IF who are old friends fighting on different sides?
>>
File: Kalkator & Magneric.png (340KB, 1736x2746px) Image search: [Google]
Kalkator & Magneric.png
340KB, 1736x2746px
>>49588962
I post this excerpt because I don't have the book.
"You're looking well, Iron without suits you", he says to the Dreadnought. IW bantz is canon, I tell you.
>>
>>49588773
No, not just the commanders and champions, but newly inducted noobs as well, freely expressing their "betterness" and all.
>>
>>49588830
You mad ? Nothing beats that fine resin and plastic crack FW and GW provide dude xD
>>
File: 1470710169099.jpg (2MB, 1500x2306px) Image search: [Google]
1470710169099.jpg
2MB, 1500x2306px
>>49589018
>newly inducted noobs as well, freely expressing their "betterness" and all.
You could say they "took the colours" of the ones before them without fully understanding what they stood for. Could see that happen.
>>
>>49589205
Not just that, but also being immediately introduced into lodges making them not thinking twice about giving themselves to Slaanesh. Basically, the younger ones that would later start rapes on Terra and the Slave Wars.
>>
>>49588814
I considered going, but it's a 3 hour trip one way, FW chose a rather poor location for their Open Day, very hard to get to, despite being near Amsterdam.
>>
>>49586807
>different marks different squads
>cool
agreed

>different marks same squad
>kinda weird
perfectly fine, try to keep it for veterans only tho.

>heresy
sure why not
>>
>>49588814
Battlebunnies currently has 1 post about it, most stand-out thing on that is that the Vultarax flyer is for sale at the event.
>>
File: 1460410409877.png (325KB, 471x464px) Image search: [Google]
1460410409877.png
325KB, 471x464px
>FW will never restock their fucking dice
I just want Hydras plastered on literally every edifice I own for any Horus Heresy game I play
>>
File: 1469771382732.gif (1024KB, 184x141px) Image search: [Google]
1469771382732.gif
1024KB, 184x141px
>>49589385
ty based battlebunnies
>>
File: 20161001_084107.jpg (350KB, 1291x1600px) Image search: [Google]
20161001_084107.jpg
350KB, 1291x1600px
New picture of Lemon Ress.
>>
File: 20161001_084201.jpg (320KB, 1600x1191px) Image search: [Google]
20161001_084201.jpg
320KB, 1600x1191px
>>49589406
>>
>>49589406

So nothing new for HH outside of lemon zest and a flyer for mechanicum?

Sad.
>>
File: 20161001_084131.jpg (266KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
20161001_084131.jpg
266KB, 1600x900px
>>49589416
>>
>>49589406
>that dainty toe running pose

What is it with GW and their running poses?
>>
>>49589447
>GW
U mean FW right? Well, it's because FW runs away with all my money.
>>
>>49583622
Because the dark Angels are based on famous gay people, cypher is Turing, the Rock was a gay club, Johnson is based of both the poet and the angsty queer kings of the past (Richard the lion heart and James the first) who were also prone to fits of rage
>>
>>49589549
You sound like a closeted homosexual.
>>
>>49589499
>U mean FW right?

FW is a studio within GW. I'm talking about GW as a whole, all of their design studios that make models with a running pose, including FW.
>>
>>49583702
Hey I was fine with the decimation because a) Great War theme b)GRAECO-Roman
But pertuabo bitch slapping one of his top commanders was just retarded
>>
>>49589595

There were no Decimations in the Great War, because commanders in that war were not THAT retarded.
>>
>>49589602
You have to admit that marching into machinegun fire is a pretty efficient way to achieve more or less the same thing.
>>
>>49589619

Marching into Machine Gun fire is a Reverse Decimation. 9 out of 10 killed.
>>
>>49589572
If I say that Ultras are based on romans, does that mean I am a closeted roman?
>>
>>49589577
Aright I see. I prefer a running pose than squatting any time, any day.
>>
>>49584196
What was the purpose of fortifying the imperial palace, to buy time for the other legions to return, or to protect the seat of terra.
Also no matter how well you fortify your asteroid belt, if you send another asteroid belt into it they'll just break apart. Calling dark mechanicus mounting grav weapons onto their ships to just push aside planets and space stations
>>
>>49589427
Is that an uncorrupted blight drone?
>>
>>49589634
I do too. Too bad all GW manages is models either skipping, tripping or leaping, not really running.
>>
>>49589645
From the photos we've seen of earlier Open Days, the Vultarax is a LOT bigger than a Blight Drone, like 2-3 times bigger easily.
>>
>>49584257
You're the book after inferno, I think FW said they focused on night lords enough so it'll be DA vs some other legion, maybe harrying the iron warriors who have the cannons that were gifted to them, could be imperium secundus shenanigans or something O.G.
>>
>>49589427
And now I want to build a DarkMech force alongside Word Bearers/Cults/Daemons and Emperors Children armies.
Fuck you FW
>>
>>49589602
>what is turning machine guns on your own men because they refuse to go over the top
Also pretty sure France had decimations, although probably in terms of firing squads with the rebellious divisions
>>
>>49589427
Fucking fimirs up in this shit.
>>
File: image.png (1MB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1MB, 640x1136px
>>49586772
>assault cannons on chaos termies
DOUBLE HERESY
and speaking of ass, nice butt plug
>>
File: IMG_20160930_144620.jpg (3MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160930_144620.jpg
3MB, 2448x3264px
>>49589758
the table was filled with them. whoever made the terrain at the store did a good job but I'm thinking he's got some repressed feelings about butt stuff.
>>
>>49587150
KA has won many battles before, it might just be the snake stared at him the whole time or Traitors hate makes them at least viable to play
>>
>>49588814
Pretty sure someone posted they had a ticket, but not sure if they were actually going to go
>>
File: blogger-image--1814957881.jpg (69KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
blogger-image--1814957881.jpg
69KB, 640x360px
Der Koenigsyiffe
>>
File: blogger-image-838143282.jpg (81KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
blogger-image-838143282.jpg
81KB, 640x360px
>>49589919

Zwei
>>
Crappy photos inbound.

>another fast attack for admech, we now have 8 choices
REEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>49589934
4 S5AP5 small blasts, TL-force cover rerolls

It's basically the caterpillar Quad Mortar turning into a beautiful butterfly.
>>
>>49589925
I rather like that shield, very nice design.
>>
>>49589937
>>49589934
>t7
>flying monstrous creature
>with a flare shield
>and ETAs
>with the equivalent of a quad launcher AND a three-shot haywire gun
>for 175 points
admech favouritism at work again, i see
>>
>>49589631
I kek'd.
>>
>>49589934

>FLARE SHIELD
>T7 FMC

HOL FFUK
>>
>>49589934
>flying monstrous creature
>3 haywire shots per unit
Yet another bad day for IW.
>>
File: WS_Astartes_Mk_II.jpg (505KB, 836x1236px) Image search: [Google]
WS_Astartes_Mk_II.jpg
505KB, 836x1236px
>>49587177
I hope they come up with some nice alterante colour schemes too.
>>
>>49589934
What is this, an open day print out, leaked rules, also if it's you put the paper against the wall and take a photo or scan it
>>
>>49589968
They can't be seen to be favouring iron warriors so they just buff their battle brothers
>>
>>49589980
Can't wait to see what their destroyers look like
>>
>>49589008
Hey, that's pretty good
>>
Hi all. Here is some more info coming out of the European Weekender about Adeptus Titanicus:

First book is based on the events of the Titandeath which enabled Horus to reach Terra.

There will be more books (like with the Black book series).

They want to do Psi-Titans and Nemesis

Reaver is sculpted already Cerastus is next.

Loyal versions of the Subjugator will be done in New Epic scale first (as well as Knights).

The Subjugator is a "Light Titan"

Game is based around 5 Titans a side + Plus Knights

Teleporting Warprunners "they can" maybe Legio specific rules.

3 modes to play (like AoS).
>>
>>49580179
There will be newb faggots making huge armies of custodians with very few models
There will also be even cheaper newb faggots who use converted stormcast like me
>>
>>49590077
>The Subjugator is a "Light Titan"
That lines up with the background of the things.
They're as fast as Warhounds and pretty fragile, so I'd personally class them as light titans as well.
They're not scouts like the Warhound, but a fast and agile assault titan, but not tough enough to go toe-to-toe with the heavier titans.
>>
>>49590082
My Demolisher-armed Vindicators shall welcome them.
>tfw no daemon-possessed vindicators
>>
>>49590077
Thanks mate
>>
File: PhotoGrid_1475313911202.jpg (810KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
PhotoGrid_1475313911202.jpg
810KB, 1080x1080px
>>49589973
>can't wake up
>>
>>49584196
The latest HH book actually has a fleet of ~200 Alpha Legion warships try to take Pluto and get chased out of the system by the Fists/Imperial Army fleet.
>>
>>49581687
Night lords are notorious for being crap in a straight marine fight - they need to ambush with total surprise etc
They rely on their fear tactics to fuck enemies up to compensate
That's why in the audios they have Slav accents
>>
>>49583873
How about clipbro
That way you can trigger the k/ autists
>>
>>49587681
I concur
>>
>>49589549
Richard - who married beringeria for love against the wishes of family
Accused of sleeping with other men's wives but never the other thing
Some dumb American bitch 'historian' sees the words in a translated book slept together and then translates it to mean the modern euphemism for sex
Richard was definitely not gay
>>
>>49589968
>>49589934
How will the flare shield work in this situation? dosent it only protect against the front arc? eh?
>>
>>49590351
"Sleeping together" has been another word for sex since before Richard's time. I don't know if he was gay or not, just to be clear.
>>
>>49590386
No it hasn't you idiot poof
If he was gay he would only have had sex to produce an heir and so would not have had any bastards
And he did have at least one bastard - Philip of cognac
William the marshal and Henry ii slept together often as well so why not sha they were gay?
Most likely he had low sperm or got unlucky with his wives being infertile
>>
>>49590351
He may have looked like a lesbian art teacher, but he was no faggot
>>
>>49589572
naw Dark Angels gay as fuck

"Lion" el Johnson, primarch of the Dark Angels chapter

Lionel Johnson, gay poet who wrote the poem "Dark Angel"
>>
File: BLPROCESSED-Corax-ebook-cover.jpg (148KB, 650x822px) Image search: [Google]
BLPROCESSED-Corax-ebook-cover.jpg
148KB, 650x822px
Who can share new Corax book?
>>
>>49590705
So Weregeld is the only new shit in this book?
>>
>>49590728

Yes. And Weregeld is very short. It's shorter than either Soulforge or Ravenlord. It does have Russ in the aftermath of the Wolf Cull, all beaten up and near-death.
>>
File: 1470767517915.jpg (17KB, 450x349px) Image search: [Google]
1470767517915.jpg
17KB, 450x349px
>>49590637
The Rock is also a gay bar in Nottingham
>>
>>49590741
Wolf cull? Sorry, whats that?
>>
>>49590747

Russ went out to try and kill Horus personally. It backfired horribly, and his Legion was all but destroyed.

Also both of Russ' wolves are not with him, and it's hinted Horus killed them.
>>
>>49590770
Oh shit, I see. That's pretty fucked up for Russ.
>>
>>49590770
>>49590783
110% deserved
>>
>>49590705
Why is there light coming from the turbine intake?
>>
I'll be honest, I have no fucking clue how to put together a proper Ultramarine list. Literally any critique is welcome. Tell me it's shit for all I care I just need to be pointed in the right direction.

HQ: Legion Praetor, Paragon Blade – 125 Points
Master of Signals – 95 Points

Elites: 10X Invicarus Suzerains – 325 Points

Troops: 10X Tactical Marines, Rhino – 160 Points
10X Tactical Marines, Rhino – 160 Points
10X Tactical Marines, Rhino – 160 Points
5X Support Marines, 5X Meltaguns, Meltabomb, Rhino – 215 Points
5X Support Marines, 5X Meltaguns, Rhino – 210 Points
Fast Attack:

Heavy Support: 5X Fulmentarus Terminators, 5X Cyclone Launchers – 375 Points
Legion Spartan – 305 Points

Lord of War: Roboute Guilliman – 400 Points

Allied Detachment: Blood Angels – 480 Points
HQ: Legion Centurion, Jump Pack, Blade of Perdition – 90 Points

Troops: Assault Squad, 10X Marines, 2X Power Swords – 195 Points
Assault Squad, 10X Marines, 2X Power Swords – 195 Points
>>
>>49589919
>>49589925
Im loving this
not too sure about the blonde hair, should be dark red IMO
but then again I think guilliman should have light brown hair, maybe I just hate blondes
>>
>>49590833
Fun fact for ya', anon: if the wolves are based on Vikings, then Russ should totally have red hair.

Vikings associated red hair with strength and power (Thor was redhead, for example), and blonde hair with tricksters (ex. Loki was blonde).

So if we want to go full Viking, Russ should be red-haired and Magnus should be Magnus the Fair or some shit like that.
>>
Does anyone bother with command squads? How do you run them? I thought it would be cool just for a modelling project.
>>
>>49590783
>>49590818
Fuck Russ and all the furfags that flock to the most failed of all the legions.
>>
>>49590863
Power weapons, combat Shields, jet bikes.

I play ravenwing
>>
>>49590874
lol he is also 91 pounds instead of the usual 60 pounds for most Primachs
>>
>>49590914
91 euros you brexit shitheel
>>
>>49590914
65 pounds i think
>>
>>49590918
build the wall
>>
>>49590082
If I ever run into a cheapfag running Custodes using Stigmarines he better starts running immediatly .... because I'm not sure what I will do to him.

>>49590352
A good question, which I have no doubt FW has totally not thought about and will not clarify the coming 2-3 years. I mean we still have Rapiers that are not functional if played RAW and with wargear on the models that is illegal to use, amongst other things.
>>
>>49590077
Thanks, and we got all this info without paying BoLS and their terrible journalism

nice dubs
>>
The Open Day has been really lackluster. Only new model was Russ. No new previews for anything. Inferno delayed until Christmas at the earliest. Next Imperial Armour delayed until next year. Nothing new for Iron Warriors players in the foreseeable future.

I'm going to go and get high as fuck now to make up for the morning.
>>
>>49590351
>he was not gay
Key word 'queer' in my original comment, also reminder that love has many forms, agape, lust and all the others, Richard was most likely bi
My qualified history teacher talked about how he was caught naked in a tent with a lower soldier, but because they were crusading it was passed off
>>
>>49590637
Already said
>>49590742
Also already said
>>
>>49590832
If you're not taking a Rite of War then why are you taking a praetor and not a centurion to save on points
>>
>>49591018
Thank you for smoothing that out!
>>
>>49590862
Do you have a citation to that, and do you mean all raiders, raider culture, or Norse culture believed that
>>
File: 1474146320648.jpg (61KB, 836x955px) Image search: [Google]
1474146320648.jpg
61KB, 836x955px
>>49591024
Why are people so averse to having a melee monster like a Praetor as HQ lately ? Are the 40k powergamers taking over, cheaping out on points where possible to field more shooting and spam undercosted units ?
>>
>>49591043
To be honest, for my AL Coils of the Hydra using the cheap Autilon Skorr is great as it allows you to free up your Mutable Tactics.
By picking a trait that gives a number of units Infiltration you can make your list quite a bit more flexible.
>>
File: 1460951995080.jpg (377KB, 1607x1039px) Image search: [Google]
1460951995080.jpg
377KB, 1607x1039px
>>49591043
If that's the case I recommend taking one of these to remove powergamers. Or a Titan since murder is illegal.
>>
>>49590932
And make Brits pay for it!

>>49591010
There is the Mechanicum drone.

>>49591011
>My qualified history teacher talked about
Is there any historical source on that?

>>49591043
>>49590832
You need more bodies. Less units, more models in each. Spartan, cool as it may be, is completely unneeded, you'd do much better with either Phobos or Proteus. I suppose Guilliman and Praetor are meant to join Suzerains in the Spartan. Don't do it, you'll only ever have one point where your army is strong, a canny enemy will just avoid this unit and kill the rest.
For start, read up tactica page on 1d4chan.
And Rites are cool ways to "upgrade" your list.
>>
>>49589641
>What was the purpose of fortifying the imperial palace, to buy time for the other legions to return, or to protect the seat of terra

To protect Terra. They literally believed that all the loyalists were dead; until Russ returned they believed he was lost and even the Emperor himself thought the white scars had gone traitor
>>
>>49591159
>There is the Mechanicum drone.

A Model of it was previewed at the last Open Day though. It's hardly new.
>>
>>49591174
No, it isn't new, but it looks much better painted and there's the price and the rules.
>>
>>49590741
Shouldn't the wolf cull have been written from the SW perspective?

I mean, when I heard Chris Wraight was writing another heresy SW novel I thought it was going to be about that
>>
>>49591202

It's the aftermath of the Wolf Cull. We don't see the actual events of the Wolf Cull.
>>
>>49591043
I may play tau but I ain't no power gamer
(I started in 5th and is mainly fire warriors), I'm all for building the narrative but when everyone is running praetor with paragon blade it's a) less original and so less epic with the clash of personality and b) a 50:50 chance I kill him, or I die in first combat. If you take a centurion then you can more easily afford the vexallias, making it more fluffy. Anyway a chapter master equivalent should not be leading every single army
>>
File: Bearversor 2.png (55KB, 1012x673px) Image search: [Google]
Bearversor 2.png
55KB, 1012x673px
>>49591297
>I may play tau but I ain't no power gamer
I got my eyes on you.
>>
Is there any chance that more news might be revealed later on during the Open Day or is the only real news Lemon Russ getting a model and Inferno being delayed ?

>>49591297
How long have you been playing Tau ?
>>
any links to
>Angels of Caliban
>Praetorian of Dorn
>Tallarn: Siren
>Blackshield
>Myriad

literally the only HH fiction I don't have, if anyone needs any other piece I can try and put it up on here
>>
>>49591452
>>49591452
No short stories, but the two novels are here:
https://mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg!Q5pzWKiI

Do you have Corax anthology (Weregeld)?
>>
File: blogger-image-1175337425[1].jpg (119KB, 360x640px) Image search: [Google]
blogger-image-1175337425[1].jpg
119KB, 360x640px
>>49591442
Blood Bowl Sprues.
But sofar nothing beyond Russ, the basic info on Titanicus and that the Vultarax was for sale.
>>
>>49591470
didn't think that had come out yet, so no i dont

thanks for that, I've been looking around for ages to find links to them
>>
>>49591470
thanks for the link, I've been looking around for ages for someone to replace KAT

I didn't think it was out yet, so no I don't
>>
>>49591043
what is an internal purge? A fart? Also: is he inhaling it back through his mask?
>>
>>49590863
I'd think about command squads if they came with at least three dudes and if I could paint banners
>>
>>49591520
Where you purge all emotions within you.
>>
>>49590637
The story, all names, characters, and incidents portrayed in this production are fictitious. No identification with actual persons, places, buildings, and products is intended or should be inferred.
>>
File: WB_Legion_Tactical_Legionary.jpg (189KB, 633x946px) Image search: [Google]
WB_Legion_Tactical_Legionary.jpg
189KB, 633x946px
What's a good base colour to use for the scheme in pic related? First I thought Screamer Pink will do it, but after seeing how it looks on models, I need another one. Khorne Red is quite close, but it's too warm.

>>49591508
>>49591500
It's out today, I think.
No problem, I usually respond with this link as there's been quite a lot of people asking for AoC and PoD lately. It's not mine.
>>
File: IW-when-FW-releases-new-models.gif (2MB, 400x250px) Image search: [Google]
IW-when-FW-releases-new-models.gif
2MB, 400x250px
>>49589973
>>
Aiya! New bread! >>49591814
One more thing! Happy birthday, 4chan.
>>
>>49591557
hmmmmm... maybe a thin coat of khorne red and possibly a crimson wash?
>>
>>49591442
When the fortress of redemption was released, so 6 years and a bit
>>
>>49591024
But I am. Logos Lectora.
>>
12 weeks at the earliest until Book 7 drops. Keep those SW and TS fans on suicide watch.
Thread posts: 336
Thread images: 50

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.