[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MTG EDH/COMMANDER GENERAL

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 339
Thread images: 50

File: mazirekkrauldeathpriest.jpg (52KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
mazirekkrauldeathpriest.jpg
52KB, 265x370px
Underrated Golgari Edition

Previous Thread >>49563917

RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
http://www.mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
http://www.tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the internet.
http://www.edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
http://manabasecrafter.com/

>CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
http://gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface
http://www.magiccards.info
>>
>>49579227
First for Pentavus.
>>
>>49579279
Yes! That thing needs more love
>>
Thanks for the Help Guys! I'll see what I can throw together for Thromok's "GET 'N MAH BELLEH" deck.
>>
>>49579353
So I had a weird Pentavus scenario come up last night:

>mazirek is on the field
>drop Pentavus while Ashnod's Altar is out

Does it go infinite? I'm pretty sure it does because:
>sacrifice one thingie to ashnod's get two mana
>you get an extra +1/+1 from Mazirek
>use the two mana to pop off a +1/+1 and put it back on
>you get an additional +1/+1 token each time
>repeat this process as many times as you want
>>
2015 commander decks are the way to go for a commander beginner, right?
>>
>>49579418
Yes and no.

Yes the commander products are good in general, and 2015 has some of the best assembled ones.

No because it's more important to pick one with a style you like, than one that's from 2015.
>>
>>49579491
Well I was thinking about the green/black one from 2015, I would like to eventually assemble a zombie-recursion deck that's monoblack and kill people with like living end/living dead and boardwipe with damnation (since I have one laying around from the time spiral times).

Funnily enough I also have a sol ring around which I heard is pretty much a must include in every commander deck.
>>
>>49579559
I own the Meren one, and it's a quality product, but why not buy the 2014 mono black one if you plan on building monoblack and have some good cards already?

The problem with the Meren precon is that 10,000 people at every store bought it, and play it. You're pretty much shoehorned into one particular strategy. Mazirek, on the otherhand, comes in that deck and is very fun to play. Same with Jarad.
>>
>>49579418
It's also worth noting that in around a month a new series of Commander preconstructed decks will be available. They will have four colors in each deck.

Admittedly that's even worse for the idea of making a monoblack deck out of a precon, since at most a fourth of the cards you get will be black.
>>
>>49579674
On that note: How the heck are they going to do the mana base for these upcoming four color decks?
>>
>>49579674
>since at most a fourth of the cards you get will be black.

Not actually.
They've said the most elegant strategy they've been able to come up with so far is making the 4-color Commander decks primarily 1 color with 3 side colors. So, one of them will be primarily Black.
>>
>>49579701
Obviously they'll be reprinting original duals and every fetchland for each deck.
Alternatively, Kodama's Reach, Cultivate, Rampant Growth, Sakura-Tribe Elder, Darksteel Ingot, Manalith, and a billion signets. For the nongreen deck, weeping.
>>
>>49579674
Well I guess it's worth waiting to see how these decks will turn out first, maybe they will be strong, maybe just junk.

On another note I was thinking about fireball and similar X spells, anyone tried to make decks around it?
>>
>>49579701
Vivids. Vivids and artifacts everywhere. Maybe even colourfixing generic artifact dorks.
>>
>>49579701
Supposedly they're mostly focusing on a single color and the other three are going to be splashes.

So the mana bases will probably focus on uncommon duals that provide the primary color. Also the Shard/Wedge/Lair triples.

On the bright side this means we'll probably see a widespread reprinting of the Tainted cycle.
>>
>>49579725
>1 color with 3 side colors.
>yfw it's all phyrexyan mana
>>
>>49579725
Translated from Wizardspeak, they said that they don't feel like giving it a good manabase.
>>
>>49579725
>>49579778
I wonder if they'll go so far as to put Urborg in the Primary Black one. Maybe reprint Chromatic Lantern or Prismatic Omen in some of them.
>>
>>49579891
They can't put a "good" manabase in something with a $35 MSRP.
>>
>>49579904
I'm thinking two trilands, four vivids, evolving wilds, terramorphic, transguild promenade, rupture spire, and command tower.
Probably a decent amount of budget duals, but hopefully of the gainland flavor.
>>
>>49579778
Do you guys think they will make 4 color guild gate style lands? Comes in tapped but produces RUWB for example?
>>
>>49579962
They probably aren't going to put four Vivids in each deck. I'm sure they'll put the one for the primary color in, but that'd probably be it.
>>
>>49580050
Probably not.

Say for instance the deck is primarily White with Grixis sides, they'll probably just put Crumbling Necropolis in.
>>
>>49579961
If they did that, who would crack packs for lands to sell on the secondary market to EDH players?
Ech! Goyims.
>>
Maybe we'll get checklands, that doesn't seem too unreasonable to me.
>>
>>49580129
If they launched commander products with duals and fetches in them, it wouldn't tank the price of them, it would just make it so scalpers would buy them up and resell them at a profit. It would be impossible to find them at MSRP after the first week.

Either way, the jews win.
>>
>>49579413

Yeah, this combo has a lot of interchangeable pieces
>>
>>49580129

>wotc announces fetches and shocks and such in the commander products
>not a single unopened commander deck is ever sold from an LGS
>instead you can buy "commander 2016-lite" which comes with every card except the fetches and shocks and fastlands etc
>>
>>49580310
What are some other spicy combo things I can do with mazirek, outside of the normal persist stuff?
>>
Speaking of C16, I remember someone saying there would be a MaRo article about it today. Where's it?
>>
>>49580453
No MaRo said he was WRITING the article today and it would come out in a week or so.
>>
>>49580383
Not so much combo, but don't underestimate the synergy with Innocent Blood, Barter in Blood, Tribute to the Wild as well as Seals and the like.
>>
>>49580383
Not so much a combo as just synergy, but you could run some of the Spike creatures, like Spike Weaver or Spike Tiller.
>>
File: 1473906490760.png (449KB, 513x628px) Image search: [Google]
1473906490760.png
449KB, 513x628px
With everyone talking about Mazirek I feel the need to post my deck

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/maziwreck-the-directors-cut/
>>
>>49580383

Well actually I was thinking mostly of combos involving ghave/pentavus, and Mazirek is one of the more interchangeable pieces that could instead be juniper order ranger, cathar's crusade, doubling season, or something

But as far as Mazirek combos go persist is the main thing, but etched oracle and mindless automaton can probably do spicy things with mazirek, fertility and festercreep too maybe

With a sac outlet and Mazirek, noosegraf mob just keeps making zombies for every spell your opponents cast, but obviously you're not actually gaining zombies here, you're only gaining whatever you get from your sac outlet
>>
So, how are my commanders?

Wort: Goblins (Girlfriend)
Wydwen: Faeries/Instant.Dec (Girlfriend)
Meren: Almost the Precon (Girlfriend)
Pia and Kiran Nalaar: Artifact shenanigans
Daxos the Returned: Enchantments Pillowfort
Ezuri: Mighty Morphin Power Morphers
Ob Nixilis: Monoblack Control.
>>
File: My EDH Decks.png (1MB, 890x621px) Image search: [Google]
My EDH Decks.png
1MB, 890x621px
>>49580765
And with the pictures because I forgot like a dummy
>>
>>49579595

>You're pretty much shoehorned into one particular strategy. Mazirek, on the otherhand, comes in that deck and is very fun to play.

Wut. Mazirek is much more particular about what he wants to than Meren is. Meren can be used in a variety of ways she's just a value engine.

Mazirek want's to do one thing and one thing only, sac tons of tokens.
>>
>>49580780
Not necessarily. 90% of Meren decks are exactly the same, due to generally crappier people constructing them and reading up on EDHrec on what they "should" be playing. Mazirek on the other hand, is almost always homebrewed, and there are a lot of neat interactions you can use.

Sure, token sacing with Endrek Sahr and Awakening Zone is probably the most common approach, but you could play it with Smokestack and Edicts for a stax-style setup, you can make it an infinite mana combo engine, you can Helix Pinnacle, or Exquisite Blood/Sanguine bond, or you can just build a straight b/g goodstuff beatdown.

There are lots of things it can be used for, you just need imagination.
>>
File: surrak-dragonclaw.png (221KB, 243x349px) Image search: [Google]
surrak-dragonclaw.png
221KB, 243x349px
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/temur-goodstuff-4/

Any suggestions?
>>
Who's your least favorite commander to play against /edh/?

Who is that one commander that, when you see it across the table, makes your eyes roll into the back of your head?
>>
>>49580897
Maelstrom Wanderer or Vendillion Clique.
>>
>>49580897
Narset, followed closely by Oloro.

>oh look how original and unique I am, I don't use creatures in my deck

Fuck all those Dave hipster douches.
>>
>>49580897
Maelstrom Wanderer or Narset
>>
>>49580868

clever impersonator over clone?
>>
File: en_KFkle1Vw85.png (157KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
en_KFkle1Vw85.png
157KB, 265x370px
>>49580983
Stunt double could also work for that sweet Flash value.
>>
>>49580897
Aside from obvious ones like Oloro and Narset, I'd have to say any 5 colour legendary. I've only ever played against one interesting 5c deck, usually they just play superfriends or goodstuff and I just don't find that interesting.
>>
Reccomendations for Card draw and mana fixing for a R/W deck?
>>
>>49580897
Either Purphoros or Oloro.

Purphoros because
>I'm just gonna spam tokens until people die because my commander spends most of its time as an indestructible enchantment

Oloro because
>Don't even have to cast it to get value from it
>Esper colors can answer literally everything
>Look how original I am! I did nothing but durdle this entire game and won off Exquisite Blood+Sanguine Bond
>>
>>49580897
Oloro. He's never even cast, gives value wherever he is, and his colors give the deck answers for literally everything you could possibly throw at them.
>>
>>49580983
I would love too, but it was apart of my collection that got stolen a few weeks ago. :(

I just use clone cuz it's foil, to be honest.
>>
>>49581072
If you want card advantage then why the hell are you playing RW?

Best I can recommend is Skullclamp, Howling Mine and Temple Bell.
>>
>>49580780
>Mazirek want's to do one thing and one thing only, sac tons of tokens.
He also wants you to drop edicts, crack fetches, sac artifacts, seals, spellbombs, vessels, capsules, etc

Remember, it's "player" and "another permanent" not "you" and "creature"
>>
>>49581134
Probably because a few card draw sources are good in ANY deck.
>>
File: D3tmeHV.png (186KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
D3tmeHV.png
186KB, 265x370px
>>49581113
>>49581085
>>49581041
>>49580957
Oloro is only going to get more cancerous now.
>>
>>49581188
>implying that's a big deal
I just don't play people who play Oloro. It's the same reason I built Uril instead of Maelstrom.
>>
File: image.jpg (66KB, 350x489px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
66KB, 350x489px
>>49581188
Oh FUCK. I didn't realize just how dickish this card is. It's especially dickish with pic.
>>
>>49580897
Narset or Derevi. I got super satifying game against the former a while back though with my Mogis and got a T2 Æther Flash and the other guy either didn't run removal or didn't draw any. He ended up losing pretty bad, since he relied on the commander.
>>
>>49581253
>Narset with no enchantment removal
It's like he wanted to lose to Moat effects
>>
>>49580897
Prosh. I hate that fucker.

>lol, let's just shit out tokens and a sac outlet. Rotfl gg no re

Meanwhile I'm sitting across from this fucker playing UR watching this bastard sequence his food chain combo correctly. Another friend makes him do it every time, because the Prosh player has messed it up before.

So instead of just shuffling up another game, I go out and smoke for 25 minutes until their done.
>>
>>49581188
>Oloro
>not using that glorious piece of jank in Sydri
>>
File: phenax.jpg (25KB, 200x285px) Image search: [Google]
phenax.jpg
25KB, 200x285px
>>49579227
So I asked last thread but didn't get any answers. Are there any cards that increase power/toughness with cards in graveyards besides wight of precinct six and consuming aberration. Someone at my LGS mentioned some cards that do that but for the life of me I can't remember what they were.

I'm trying to put a Phenax deck together so basically anything that can grow with mill works.
>>
>>49580868
Hellkite Charger is great next to Savage Ventmaw and Sword of Feast and Famine (and Bear Umbra).

Mystic Snake with Surrak on the field is an uncounterable counterspell. I also run Stubborn Denial for Temur flavor.

I've really loved Flameshadow Conjuring and Flamerush Rider in my list.

I don't really like Boartusk Liege, and I don't think you're doing anything busted with Murkfiend Liege, so you might want to try Overwhelming Stampede and Pathbreaker Ibex in their place.

Simic Sky Swallower doesn't seem like it does enough, same with Frost Titan and Engulfing Slagwurm. Inferno Titan is best remaining titan in these colors.

Keeper of the Keys looks pretty sweet. That and Regal Behemoth definitely deserve some testing.
>>
>>49581415
Off the top of my head there's Bonehoard, Wreath of Geists (it's green though) and Nighthowler.
>>
>>49580897
Any reanimator general... No, your Meren deck isn't unique or special snowflaky just because you switched 4 cards out for a fetchland, a terastadon, and two more mana rocks...
>>
>>49581316
>So instead of just shuffling up for another game, I go out and smoke for 25 minutes until they're done

I have that exact same problem with my playgroup and it's why I fucking hate combo decks. You want to play solitaire? Fine, you don't have to interact with the board.

But fuck you if you think I should have to sit there for 10 minutes waiting for you to set up your infinite and then another 10 to execute it. It's masturbation at that point.
>>
>>49581415
Nighthowler and Mortivore only look at creatures, but it's in all graveyards.

Sewer Nemesis is just one player.
>>
>>49581041
Don't be hatin on mah dragon tribal
>>
File: latest.png (14KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
latest.png
14KB, 250x250px
Friendly reminder that black is the best color.
>>
File: image.jpg (47KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
47KB, 223x310px
So why was pic related banned?
>>
>>49581735
But when someone does show up with Scion it's never dragon tribal. And then someone else comes along with Reaper King and there's not a single Scarecrow in their deck. I always end up disappointed when someone shows up with a non-sliver/generic 5c general.
>>
>>49581819
Did you even read it?
>>
>>49581819
Because it's a dumb card that leads to nothing?
>>
File: 1424741926270.jpg (48KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
1424741926270.jpg
48KB, 375x523px
>>49581819
>>
>>49581780
You spelled green wrong, my dear friendo. But you're forgiven since black is second best.
>>
>>49581874
It leads to winning the turn or the turn after you resolve it if you aren't retarded.
>>
>>49581819
itsabigone.jpg
>>
>>49581311
My LGS has not many smart men. One guy lost to Pithing Needle naming Mayael.
>>
>>49581316
Sounds like the problem isn't the Prossh player, it's your other friend who's butthurt about Prossh.
>>
>>49581856
I literally have Dragon Scion built, thankyouverymuch. Sometimes it even wins.
>>
File: image.png (126KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
126KB, 223x311px
>>49581819
Because of this:
>Exile some creature, like pic related, with an enchantment
>Cast worldfire
>Next turn attack the oloro player and everyone else loses.
>>
>>49581901
But anon, people are retarded.

Also the main way to win with it would be effects that deal damage when creatures leave the battlefield. Or library manipulation. Or blink effects, but that would take too much mana to set up.

Pretty much it's a toy for jhoira and griefers. Jhoria gets one less toy to stop shitbags from durdling, and that's fine. It's not an efficient way for spikes to win the game, but typically that's not what they ban for, they usually ban for feelbad stuff, not stuff that wins you the game.
>>
>>49581819
Suspend.
>>
File: image.jpg (48KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48KB, 223x310px
Should I throw this in my Xenagos deck?
>>
>>49582202
Give the whole table card draw? Are you retarded?
>>
>>49582279

That's a little harsh dude, wheel of fortune is banned in legacy and it draws your opponent 7 cards

I happen to agree that it's not great in Xenagod but I don't think it's so obvious that you should be calling him retarded
>>
>>49582295
It's getting worse the more opponents you have. It's really suboptimal, especially when you have green. Also og wheel can be a surprise, this makes people dump their hands because they know exactly when they will draw.

>>49582202
I'd rather have Soul's Might and its ilk
>>
>>49582360
*Soul's Majesty
>>
>>49582360

I agree it's not worth running in Xenagod I'm just saying it's not retarded to ask if the Jank version of one of the best cards ever printed is worth running
>>
>>49582389
That's fair. I had fun with it in Shu-Yun voltron.
>>
>>49582360
Yet, instead of explaining it like that, you called the guy retarded for wanting to get more draws in Xenagos, a deck known for blowing through your hand at the speed of light.

It's not a bad choice if you can tap/destroy your opponent's lands before it hits, particularly since your opponents are going to be planning for 7 new cards.
>>
>>49581819
Because you can float mana and modify the life total after a wipe. In a sense, Worldpurge is pretty much the perfect wipe when it comes to balancing.
>>
>>49582445
I'm not the same guy, friend
>>
>>49582202
It's terrible. Tried it out in my Xenagod Dragon stomp, and it was just bad. It hurt me more than it helped. People can plan, and if you dont don't have a backup , you just get blown the fuck out when your three opponents have new grips.

Go with wheel of fortune. Or incendiary command.
>>
>>49582479
Sorry pal, I'm feeling awfully salty because of various nazimod shenanigans.

How do you feel about the budget red draw cards like Tormenting Voice and Wild Guess? I've been brewing Uril cantrips, auras, and cost reducers, but I'm not very familar with how to draw in red and green.
>>
Are any of the Commander 2015 precons worth the MSRP, or would it be better to just pick up single cards?
>>
File: 23.jpg (66KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
23.jpg
66KB, 312x445px
>>49582533
Red does not have much, and it's usually looting, which is meh. Pic related is really fun in Uril.
>>
>>49582533
Have you tried Faithless Looting? It has Flashback, so it's almost like having two copies of a spell in your deck.

Also, you know, Fecundity.
>>
>>49582628
>Fecundity.
In Uril? Are you mad?
>>
>>49582570
Not the individual cards.

If you want to actually play with one of them, sure. They're all reasonably fun. Daxos and Kalemne are probably the weakest.
>>
>>49582602
Oh, that's pretty good, particularly with Edilon of Countless Battles.

How do people typically "win" with Uril. I'm going to be playing non-french 1v1 most of the time, so my general gameplan is to ramp, slap down a bunch of cost-effective auras on Uril either the turn I drop it or the turn after, and draw all the blockers with Lure or Irresistible Prey. Seems like it could be good, but I haven't been able to test it.

>>49582628
>faithless looting
Oh, that's the one I was thinking of when I said wild guess.

>Fecundity
That seemed really good, and then I re-read it and felt kind of meh about it.
>>
>>49582628
When it comes to green creature based draw, Greater Good is probably the best one
>>
>>49582533
Different anon, I personally use for xenagod:
Green:
-Shamanic Revelations for those rare occasions when you have board bigger than Xeny and 1 creature, dunno how it's is in uril
-Harmonize, duh
-Hunter's Prowess, gives trample and nice boost
-Garruk, Caller of Beasts, nets you creatures and that's enough for me
-Momentous Fall, duh
-Hunter's Insight, duh
Red:
-nothing

I need to get Soul's majesty so you can kinda throw it in too
>>
Does white have any card draw?
>>
File: glissathetraitor_PRE.jpg (46KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
glissathetraitor_PRE.jpg
46KB, 223x311px
>>49579227
>Underrated Golgari Edition

Speaking of...
Making a deck with pic related.
Are deadbridge chant and phyrexian arena worth it? I've still got Pentavus, scarecrone and Kuldotha forgemaster on my maybeboard, and thinking of cutting some things for them.

I've got enough artifact saccing recurrable card draw, so I was thinking maybe phyrexian arena might not be as needed as in other black decks, and deadbridge is nice and all, but might not be as powerful as some other options.
>>
>>49582697
Along the same lines as Momentous Fall, Life's Legacy isn't bad.

A lot of the creature ETB card draw is dece too.
>Elemental Bond
>Garruk's Packleader
>Zendikar Resurgent
>Soul of the Harvest
>>
>>49581188
>>49581245

sweet, this is going in my oloro deck
>>
>>49582681
I usually give him flying, trample and/or double strike. Get Kessig Wolf-Run, Rogue's Passage and Sunhome, Fortress of the Legion in addition to your auras. You can also get cute with Sunforger.
>>
>>49582717
Puresteel Paladin, Mentor of the Meek, and MAYBE Bygone Bishop.

Not really, you need artifacts.
>>
>>49582697
Actually, if you have time, this is what I have picked out for my draw package:

Argothian Enchantress
Messa Enchantress
Dragon Mantle
Faithless Looting
Irresistible Prey
Expedite
Tormenting Voice
Collective Defiance
Unquestioned Authority
Harmonie
Fruit of theFirst Tree
>>
>>49582717
Inheritance, Mentor of the Meek and that 3ww activation enchantment. So no.
>>
>>49582678
Alright. I was looking at the Mizzix one, as a sort of "babby's first Storm", so I can get used to Storm-like decks (which look fun as fuck to me), and the people at my locals can slightly alleviate their stigmas against Storm.
>>
>>49582681

I don't see why you would want to run lure or irresistible prey in Uril when you could just use rancor, armadillo cloak, spirit mantle, madcap skills, etc, stuff that makes him near impossible to block effectively
>>
>>49582809
>Madcap Skills
This guy knows what's up. So good in that deck.
>>
>>49582766
That's what I was thinking, using Gratuitous Violence and things like Fire Shrieker, Armed and Dangerous, temur battlerage, battle mastery and beserker's onslaught.

My back up plan in case Uril gets hated on is to either drop Thran Golem and suit him up with some fancy things, graceblade artisan and use it like Uril-lite, or to tutor Xenagos and Iroas, Tajic, or Urabrask.
>>
>>49582809
I actually have spirit mantle, armadillo cloak, rancor and madcap skills in there. I thought it was something cute, and I liked the draw I could get from irresistible prey, for the stupid cantrip thing I was brewing.
>>
>>49582807
Mizzix is fun. You need to cut a lot of the Arjun stuff from the deck, like Thought Reflection. There's a pretty good mtggoldfish upgrade article, but they go in the infinite mana Reiterate direction.

Prepare for Mizzix to be killed on sight a lot.
>>
>>49582870

Oh right right yeah maybe go with irresistible prey, that's cool, I just didn't really understand the thought process, like you were really worried about chump blockers when Uril has zero problem with blockers whatsoever
>>
>>49582842
>Golem, Artisan
Guess who'll eat all the spot removal that can't target Uril. I try to get my utility spells in the form of creatures like Desolation Giant and shit, but it's voltron. Sometimes you're just sol.
>>
>>49582914

This guy is right, if you want a backup Uril in your deck it needs hexproof

Using auras on a nonhexproof creature is just not viable in constructed magic
>>
>>49582914
>Desolation Giant
Oh, that's pretty spicy, and you're right, I totally didn't think about regular removal. Instead of going with Concussive Bolt, or Ruthless Invasion, I could go for asymetrical board wipes then win the game through attrition. Descend upon the sinful and a new Avacyn are just sitting in my binder.
>>
>>49582965
What are some good hexproof creatures? I have a couple indestructible ones, but outside of Plated Slagwurm and nimble mongoose I couldn't really think of anything.
>>
>>49583026

Nimble mongoose has shroud, that doesn't work

A simple gladecover scout can be fine if you have the other pieces in place (enchantress + auras in hand), and the best is sigarda, which I'm sure you've already considered? Thrun is also solid
>>
>>49583026
>>49583058
Silhana Ledgewalker has hexproof and fake-flying if you're going to go the weedy guy route
>>
>>49582892
I was already prepared for that. The others in my playgroup have a seething hatred for everything Izzet.
>>
>>49583026
Not him but there's Lumberknot, Siege Behemoth, Thurun, Witch Stalker, and Archetype of Endurance
>>
>>49583058
Sigarda's devotion kind of scares me off. She looks nice, but I can't see getting WWGG very reliably with my shitty manabase as this is my 5th alternate deck.

Thun looks great, but I've never seen him around, so I would probably have to order him in special.

What do you think about fleecemane lion? That looks like something I could reliably pull off, particularly since the deck has a basic land-ramp subtheme.

>>49583106
>Silhana Ledgewalker
That's exactly what I was looking for. Thanks anon.
>>
>>49583026
Sigarda, Ledgewalker, Thrun, Zuo Ci, and then debatably Troll Ascetic, Siege Behemoth, Witchstalker and Dungrover Elder, depending on what you're doing.
>>
>>49583137
>Siege Behemoth
Now that's pretty spicy. I'm going to pick one of those up. I actually have an archetype of endurance and a witchstalker sitting in a binder, I'll sub them in for thran and graceblade. I think Hero of Iroas will still make the cut..

>>49583179
>Zuo Ci
Oh you magnificent bastard, that's also perfect. I can't believe I've never heard of that before.
>>
>>49583209
Neither had I, until you asked. So thanks, I guess.

http://magiccards.info/query?q=o%3Ahexproof+c%21wrg&s=cname&v=card&p=1
>>
>>49583147

Sigarda isn't WWGG, it's just WWG, and you need to have double white anyway because a lot of your important cards will have double white like Mesa enchantress

Fleecemane lion looks pretty decent, I honestly wouldn't worry about the mana color issue so much on this issue, the color thing matters more for your early game cards, you need to have green mana on turns 1-3, but as far as extra hexproof creatures go, you aren't gonna be worried about them until Uril has died once or twice, which means it's turn 5-8, and you should probably have at least 2-3 of W and G, and 1-3 R

If you're worried about your manabase that much you should include all your good cheap dual land options like pain lands, checklands, scry lands
>>
>>49581819
>Float mana
>Cast Worldfire
>Cast your commander, who probably has haste
>Start killing people

Or you could cast Mogis and everyone is dead on their upkeep.

Either way, the reason they banned it is because the entire point of Worldfire is to get turn the game into a sudden death where nobody has any resources, but there's one resource it can't take away from you in EDH.

If it emptied mana pools or said you couldn't cast spells this turn, it would probably not be banned.
>>
>>49583268
>Or you could cast Mogis and everyone is dead on their upkeep.

Casting Nekusar would also kill everyone as their turn comes around.
>>
>>49583259
>Fleecemane Lion
Can still be killed in response to its ability until you have another 5 mana open. But yeah, it's not too bad, and you can actually get one, unlike Zuo Ci
>>
>>49583259
>If you're worried about your manabase that much you should include all your good cheap dual land options like pain lands, checklands, scry lands
Is it really worth it? I'm running a basic land ramp thing, and assuming I get 4 mana, and 1 of them green I should be able to fish just about anything. I even have burnished heart in there. I don't have the scry and pain lands, but I have a fuckload of the... two colour lands from MM15 and various tapped/life lands.
>>
>>49583378
>Is it really worth it?
The answer is always yes. No exceptions when it comes to mana base, of course considering your price range. You don't really need fetches and duals, although they vastly improve decks, but reliable colourfixing without dedicated cards is really great.
Lands also fit in all decks of those colours, so you get to reuse them. Also lets you get away with more colourless utility lands like these >>49582766
I'd at least get Temple Garden, Stomping Ground and Sacred Foundry, and then any Tarkir fetches that have at least one of the required colours. Shocks can also be searched with Nature's Lore, Wood Elves, Farseek and some other cards.
Taplands are okay, but it really sucks when you need to cast Uril for the third time, but you topdeck a Jungle Shrine on 8 mana.
>>
>>49583536
See, I'm not running exclusively basic lands, I have things like evolving wilds, teramorphic expanse, temple of the false gods, that one land that makes mana in the colour of your comander, mystic confluence, the already mentioned rouge's passage, and a few more utility things I can't quite remember, but it really REALLY pisses me off to have things enter tapped. I understand that fetches can thin your deck reliably, but I just don't have that much budget, and in general I find I can get away with fewer fancy lands in decks that run green, because there are always ways to fish other coloured basics.

Now, in my Sedris I have a full suite of everything you could want, I just can't afford it for every deck.
>>
>>49583607
Yeah, I feel you. I have too many decks myself. Anyway, I forgot the other Commander land that gives counters. That's great too.
>>
>>49580897

Meren, Kaalia.
>>
>>49583706
Let me guess, something something blue and white, something something maybe izzet.
>>
>>49583706

Monowhite actually. Eight-and-a-half-tails + equipments.
>>
>>49583607

I do t like tap lands either but I certainly think in a heavy basic mana base that checklands and bfz lands are a must

Pain lands are worth it too
>>
>>49580897
Sigarda, it's not that she's hard to play against or anything but the decks that use her as the commander are always the same boring shit
>>
>>49582736
I would actually give you some suggestions but I'm in a rush, so just take a look at my decklist for ideas. It's not perfectly optimized yet, need to switch out a few cards now that Kaladesh has dropped but it should put you on the right track. Also, do you have a promo Glissa? Mine is lovely , I love the art, character, and abilities so much, I have her as my phone background.

Anyway, link: http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/t-h-e-c-y-b-o-r-g-s-l-a-y-e-r-s/
>>
>>49582678
>Kalemne

Shhhh, that dude who always posts his face sitting deck will hear you and show up again
>>
>>49584114
You know, why do people even care if he posts it? I mean, it's not even like he actually has a face sitting fetish l, at least not from chicks, he's gay.
>>
>>49584114
I don't even think Kalemne is that bad of a commander (for boros), it's just that the giants are terrible, and the deck doesn't do anything but cast them and attack, hoping no one brought removal. Didn't even come with Brion.

Daxos is still worse.
>>
>>49584114
I've only been posting it when people ask for help or suggestions for a boros/voltron archtype
>>
I want to run a bosh mono red with slobad

what is the general mindset for playing these two?
>>
>>49584788

I'd say discard high-cost artifacts, reanimate them with goblin welder or things like trash for treasure, toss them at other players with Bosh, repeat
>>
>>49584000
Promo Glissa is best glissa. Was only half a euro more expensive, so I could not resist.

Thanks for the link, Here's mine (with such an original name!) in case you (or anyone else) are interested: http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/traitor-glissa-edh-1/
>>
>>49581072

Mind's Eye, Mentor of the Meek (especially if you're running tokens), Outpost Siege, Bygone Bishop (if appropriate), Sin Prodder, and Skullclamp.
>>
File: draco.jpg (74KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
draco.jpg
74KB, 312x445px
>>49584788
You know, I've always wanted to throw pic related with Bosh.
>>
>>49585045
Easier to discard than sacrifice
>>
>>49585045

I think you need a 5-color deck for that
>>
File: Image.jpg (402KB, 1000x1383px) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
402KB, 1000x1383px
>>49585166

Not really. At least not if Bosh throws it away before an upkeep
>>
>>49585045
That card basically requires prismatic omen to even work.
>>
File: Zada, Hedron Grinder.jpg (85KB, 750x450px) Image search: [Google]
Zada, Hedron Grinder.jpg
85KB, 750x450px
Any spicy tech for Zada beyond Fiery Gambit, Heat Shimmer/Twinflame, and Otherworldly Outburst/Spawning Breath/Make Mischief?

It's hilarious when my friends expect Zada to be Goblins, and it instead ends up as Eldrazi, Demons, and a sprinkling of Elementals.
>>
File: WP_20160930_002.jpg (2MB, 3072x1728px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20160930_002.jpg
2MB, 3072x1728px
Post bling you recently got for your edh lists.

Pic related, FINALLY got the Mesa and Foundry in a convoluted series of trades. It was so convoluted it was like a fetch quest.
>>
>>49585460

Ugh I hate zendikar and bfz basics
>>
>>49585460
Which deck's getting that sweet Boros loving?
>>
File: image.png (515KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
515KB, 750x1334px
>>49585460
Just got this sweet screenshot
>>
>>49585527
Gisela, Blade of Goldnight.
AKA best Boros waifu
AKA fuck you WOTC for killing off my favorite angel you fuckers.
>>
>>49584943
>http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/traitor-glissa-edh-1/
Greater Good would be better than Deadbridge Chant I think. Even if you only throw 3 power creatures into it you'll still net advantage through Glissa.
>>
I pulled a foil Grenzo, Havoc Raiser at my Conspiracy 2 draft and wanna use him as a commander. Should I just go with goblin tribal or mix it up a bit?
>>
File: AkromaAngelofFury-620x452.jpg (238KB, 620x452px) Image search: [Google]
AkromaAngelofFury-620x452.jpg
238KB, 620x452px
So I've got a series of decks that I want to pimp out, but I want some help fixating on one to do. Which one?

>Azami, Lady of Scrolls
>Bruna, the Fading Light
>Mayael the Anima
>Rakdos, Lord of Riots
>Sidisi, Brood Tyrant
>Azusa, Lost but Seeking
>Kozilek, the Great Distortion

foiling and alters galore
>>
>>49586100
Which one do you play the most?
>>
File: IMG_2496.png (146KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2496.png
146KB, 223x311px
>>49579227
fuck your army, i do what i want
>>
>>49586157
Honestly, all the same. My LGS has more casual players, so stuff like Sidisi, Kozi, and Bruna get a lot of attention.

My three friends however, I need to play with Azami or Azusa because theyre my most competitive decks.
>>
>>49580778
How are Pia and Kiran? I know that they are a decent commander, much better in play than on paper.
>>
>>49585713
>Best Boros waifu
Damn straight
>>
>>49586200
Does a experience counter token count as a permanent?
>>
>>49586340
Does a player count as permanent? No you dumbass
>>
>>49586429
Given that there are token cards for experience counters you place next to the command zone I'd say that comment was uncalled for.
>>
>>49586429
We had a good little laugh a few weeks ago when someone demanded with strongly that players counted as permanents.

One guy laughed and said "okay, well I Flash in Vindicate, targeting Anon".
>>
>>49586619
They did the same with Poison Counters.
>>
>>49586691
Really? Everyone I've played with that utilizes infect has a odd-colored D10 to count it.
>>
File: Poison-counter[1].jpg (126KB, 480x680px) Image search: [Google]
Poison-counter[1].jpg
126KB, 480x680px
>>49586758
Yes. You could open a Poison Counter in the token slot of Scars block packs.
>>
>>49585322
Old border foils were so much better than modern foils ;_;7
>>
>>49582842
Bruh, Kor Spiritdancer. Thank me later.
>>
>>49580957
>>49580957

Whenever you have a creatureless fag, use Telemin Performance. It removes their entire deck.
>>
>>49585424
It's no secret, but you didn't mention them so I will: targeted cantrips. Arcbond is great and can win if you have a higher life total than your opponents. Kher Keep is pretty nice. Dualcaster mage goes infinite with Heat Shimmer/Twinflame.
>>
>>49579701
In an ideal world this'd mean every deck gets a full set of mirage fetchlands, all signets it can run, trilands, City of Brass or Mana Confluence, and a new Commander-colors land, preferably a fetchland or filter.

In MaRo's wild ride however we're getting vivids, al 3cmc any color stones and 10 basics of ever color.
>>
>>49580362
I bought Mind Seize without TNN for $8.
I bought TNN for $10 a year later.
Scalpers aren't as powerful or smart as they think they are they mostly shoot themselves on the foot.
>>
>>49587114
I wonder how readily you could kill everyone with a Collective Defiance. It would be situational as hell, but funny if it worked out.
>>
File: Mighty Need.gif (520KB, 500x330px) Image search: [Google]
Mighty Need.gif
520KB, 500x330px
>>49587114
I knew about most of those, bar Dualcaster Mage.
And now I must have one.
>>
>>49587187
Impossible.
Zada's ability only works if she's the only target.
The moment you target another creature, or an opponent, it ceases to function.
>>
>>49587218
Oh, right. For some reason I was thinking Defiance was "Each player".
>>
>>49586100
did someone mention full foil unhinged forests with foil City, altered Gemstone/Touch/Crossroads, full extension art Eldrazi/Avenger, custom tokens? Thats just off the top of my head. I vote Azusa.
>>
so i just played my first game of EDH, its it normal to have so many tokens in games?
>>
Hey Kruphix players, what X spells do you use to win the game outright if you have infinite mana? Blue Sun's Zenith looks pretty easy to draw your entire deck > re-draw Zenith > force opponents to draw entire deck and lose >re-draw Zenith > repeat

Also Helix Pinnacle I guess?
>>
>>49587299
I don't even know how many tokens it was, but yes.
>>
>>49587316
like a lot of tokens one guy had about 15 skeletons at one point
>>
>>49587299
Very much so.
Just wait until you see a game of Trostani, Krenko, Thromok, and Prosh.
That was fucking insane.
>>
>>49587335
>15 skeletons
That's a pittance.
>>
File: IMG_20160930_231950.jpg (346KB, 1265x949px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160930_231950.jpg
346KB, 1265x949px
>>49585460
I'm currently also working on getting all the expeditions
>>
>>49580847
I made my Meren cool by just homeruling she can't have any card that doesn't exist on the newest border.
>No Primus
>No Pod
>No Sheoldred
>No Frog
>No Seer
>No Rune-Scarred Demon
>No Massacre Wurm
>No Primordial
>No Fauna Shaman
>No Spikes
>No Jarad's Orders
>No Buried Alive
>No Diabolic Intent
>No Altar of Dementia
>No Phyrexian Altar
>No Attrition
>No Pernicious Deed
>No Shock or Dual
>No Phyrexian Tower

And it still wins a lot because people disrespect the Gravecrawler-Diregraf Ghoul-Carrion Feeder broship all the time.
>>
>>49587335
Skeletons? There are only two skeleton-producers in the game, both of them at least black, and fewer than ten permanents that allow you to duplicate tokens at will, all of them green.

What kind of deck did this? Can I have a list? It sounds amazing.

>>49585460
I ordered a Masterpiece Mana Crypt. Will post pictures once I have it.
>>
>>49587335
15 skeletons. Thats cute. Just wait until you have infinite token potential, and are forced to pick a random huge number so the game can progress.
>>
>>49580897
Narset and Wanderer.
I've seen Oloro, Darevi and Animar being used for funstuff, but Narset and Wanderer are always the same shit and always played by the same asshole kind of tryhard bitch who peacocks like he had put any skill to his deck other than maxing mommy's credit card and when they lose they can't stop whining about RNG being against them.
>>
>>49587313
You can always just Capsize everyone out of the game.
>>
>>49585424
List?
>>
What are your favourite utility lands? Yaviyama hollow is a close top for me
>>
>>49587510
Yaviyama* stupid auto correct
>>
>>49587510
1. Riptide Laboratory
Saves creatures and reuses ETB effects
2. Academy Ruins
Recurs key artifacts
3. Drownyard Temple
Smokestack and Aggressive Mining Fodder
>>
>>49587161

I thought the expensive card in mind seize was fluster storm? Must've been political puppets?
>>
>>49587510

Yavimaya hollow is amazing, I also love desolate lighthouse and Cephalid coliseum in my grixis reanimator deck
>>
Got Leovolt, Emisary of Trest foil in a conspiracy pack. Any suggestion on how to build a commnander deck around him?
>>
>>49587718
Windfall.dec
>>
>>49587743
The hwck?
>>
>>49587718
Use him for his colours, include plenty of wheels to kill your opponents hands, and benefit from the card draw when people try and kill your shit (especially him).

Also use plenty of "benefits everyone" cards, which cease to function while he's on the field, like Dictate of Kruphix.

Long story short, be an asshole.
>>
>>49587506
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/zada-cantrip-duplicator/
It's pretty budget right now, so more obvious stuff like "get Caged Sun" doesn't help.
>>
>>49587749
With Leovold on the field, everyone discards their hands, then you draw cards as the spell says, but all your opponents all draw 1 card instead.
>>
I wanna run a deck that makes people draw and discard, and punish them for doing so, likely with a heavy focus on enchantments. I'm thinking Oloro. Other recommendations?
>>
File: Nekusar the Mindrazer.jpg (129KB, 458x640px) Image search: [Google]
Nekusar the Mindrazer.jpg
129KB, 458x640px
>>49587833
Got you covered Bro.
That's this guy's entire jam.
>>
>>49587872
Thought about him, but my meta has a hate-on for him :( Who knows, maybe I'll do it anyway for the lulz. Good enchantments to run with him, or should I just Google?
>>
>>49587950
EDHREC is helpful.
Underworld Dreams, Fevered Visions, Spiteful Visions, Liliana's Caress, Megrim, Forced Fruition, Dictate of Kruphix, Bloodchief Ascension, Price of Knowledge, Phyrexian Tyranny, Well of Ideas, and Painful Quandry.
>>
>>49586083
Goblin tribal won't hurt. Mana rocks are pretty important. With a goblin token spam strategy you could use Ashnod's Altar to clean house. Possibility Storm is pretty nasty here, the exiled spells will be exempt.
>>
File: 1389800601978.gif (2MB, 436x376px) Image search: [Google]
1389800601978.gif
2MB, 436x376px
What's a good number of low cost spells?
I always find myself just chocking with all these 3-4 mana spells and I see everyone around me playing shit in turns 1-3 consistently, when my T1-3 tend to be just tapped land, maybe some mana rock... Am I doing it wrong?
>>
>>49585460
Anon, I've been thinking about converting my Brion to Gisela (and using some leftover cards to make Feldon). Do you have a list for Boros Waifu?
>>
File: Image (18).png (137KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Image (18).png
137KB, 223x311px
>>49587187
This will do it.
>>
>>49588043

Maybe

I mean my first 2 turns are usually ramp-ramp or nothing-ramp, occasionally I'll use some removal or counterspells turns 1 or 2 but only if somebody else is off to a really hot start

It's not like you need to be playing goblin guides or Delvers on turn 1 in edh, but you do want some relevant plays by turn 2 in the majority of your games
>>
File: mana_crypt.jpg (45KB, 255x361px) Image search: [Google]
mana_crypt.jpg
45KB, 255x361px
what masterpieces did you get?

gonna run them?
>>
>>49588043
You're fine. EDH isint played until turn 3 or 4 anyways. If you are worried about not being able to play anything early then just add more ramp. Thats all you're missing out on. The only other people who play early game thats not ramp are people with extremely expensive decks. The more expensive, the lower the cmc tends to be.
>>
>>49588043
Low drops work best when they have continual utility.
Stuff which synergises with your Commander, gets bigger the more mana you pump into it, or provides a helpful effect.

What Commanders are you rocking?
>>
File: Image (19).jpg (27KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image (19).jpg
27KB, 223x310px
>>49587718
Prepare for a lot of hate.
>>
>>49588129
Pulled an Aether Vial in a draft tonight.

Selling it.
>>
File: 1474952524058.png (664KB, 1205x674px) Image search: [Google]
1474952524058.png
664KB, 1205x674px
>>49585460
>boros colors

Guess you like playing shit eh?
>>
So how does Marchesa the Black Rose interact with lands that have been Awakened? Do you get them back or not?
>>
>>49588255

fuckin aether vial

so broken and so useless at the same time
>>
>>49588129
Pulled a Sad Robot.

Gonna (figuratively) sit on it in hopes it can pay for some nice cards down the line.
>>
>>49588273

yes but they come back as normal lands with no counters
>>
File: 190[1].jpg (55KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
190[1].jpg
55KB, 312x445px
Hey, wasn't there a green mythic enchantment that costs between 5 and 7 mana and says something like "Whenever an opponent casts a spell, you get a 5/5 token creature and gain life"? Modern border.

Sort of like Lurking Predators, but with a more immediate impact.
>>
File: 190.jpg (66KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
190.jpg
66KB, 312x445px
>>49588334
Closest I can think of.
>>
>>49585460
Dunno what else I have left to order for Slobad, honestly.
>>
>>49588334

I can't think of anything like that, vaguely reminds me of that enchantment that gives you different stuff based on the kinds of spells you cast, I think it's primeval bounty?
>>
>>49588290
Cool. My friend with a Marchesa deck and I were wondering about it. I'll tell him to cram a bunch of awaken cards into his deck now.
>>
File: 182[1].jpg (75KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
182[1].jpg
75KB, 312x445px
>>49588380
>>49588403
OK, thanks. I can't find it on the Gatherer so maybe I'm just imagining it.

The only other thing I can remember about the card is that there's a forest in the background and something rushing out of it? Sort of like Kalonian Twingrove
>>
File: what do.jpg (478KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
what do.jpg
478KB, 1280x720px
>Enjoy playing with my meta/friends only
>If I played serious I become too Dave
>If I purposely played suboptimally so everyone has equal fun, I can't catch back and just lose

Anyone else having this problem?
>>
>>49588446

thinking of eyes of the whisent maybe? or hunting grounds?
>>
>>49588447

dont understand the problem exactly, are you saying you cant find the happy medium? you either BTFO your playgroup with optimal decks or lose every game with weaker ones?
>>
>>49588446
http://magiccards.info/query?q=t%3Aenchantment+c%21g+o%3Atoken&v=card&s=cname
>>
>>49588520
Or just make optimal plays or purposely make suboptimal plays, need to find a happy medium.
>>
>>49588145
Should I sell my leovolt foil and get a normal one so i can use the money to get more stuff for my commander deck?
>>
>>49588537

Why not make a deck you think is equal to the rest of your playgroup and then play that deck optimally
>>
>>49588447
I used to have that problem until I came to grips with the idea of losing.
It's much more enjoyable to lose every once in a while and let others feel good than to hopelessly crush them every time. That's how you run out of people to play Magic with.
>>
>>49588561
That does make more sense. Sometimes the fun is the stupid way you lose, or how it was a close call to winning or losing.

Earlier today, I do remember ulting two of my Planeswalkers in my jankiest EDH deck, but I still lost, but it was an overall good feeling. The Timmy inside me was happy.
>>
File: concede.png (73KB, 1080x360px) Image search: [Google]
concede.png
73KB, 1080x360px
I am the definition of a Dave, I think.

>I love stax
>preferably stasis
>I like watching my opponents squirm, unable to do anything
>I like locking my opponents out of the game to the point of literally being unable to recover
>I LOVE MAKING PEOPLE WIPE
>the pure salt you get out of people is amazing, the seething hatred of not only losing,but losing in such a manner you are completely powerless to fight back

I don't know what it is, I used to think I was a timmy/johnny.

I think it started with OG ulamog and annihilator 4, watching my brother and girlfriend squirm as their board state gets progressively raped.

Then it moved to stasis effects, slow and grindy torture. I don't like the fast win, I like slowly winning, and preferably forcing the opponent to feel so hopeless they concede.

Now I'm onto hard monoblack sacrifice attrition. The grave pact/dictate of erebos kinda thing. I like not allowing anyone to have creatures but me, slowly dwindling their life with blood artist until I can pull something like smokestack out to absolutely crush them.

It's the best feeling in all of EDH, watching over the span of a game a person go from" bright eyed and excited to play" to "dead fish eyes"
>>
>>49588632

>I love making people wipe

It's called scooping bro
>>
>>49588658
In Wisconsin it's called wiping, where is "scooping" popular?
>>
>>49588632
>I LOVE MAKING PEOPLE WIPE
I hope you supply them with toilet paper first
>>
File: IMG_2709.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2709.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
Guess I'll ask in here too. What's the expected future value on these things? Are they going to get less valuable as time goes on? Should I sell now or wait a bit.

Sorry for the image flip.
>>
>>49588671
Literally everywhere, including Wisconsin. Wiping makes no fucking sense and even has a completely different meaning in MTG.
>>
>>49588682
I'm assuming it's just going to keep going up until it settles. My lotus petal has gone up $100 since prerelease
>>
>>49588724
You don't think they'll drop as more are pulled?
>>
>>49579778
I just want cycle of wedge panoramas
>>
File: Fleshbag_Marauder-1.jpg (10KB, 91x76px) Image search: [Google]
Fleshbag_Marauder-1.jpg
10KB, 91x76px
>>49588677
>>49588677
Do people seriously not call it wiping? I've heard of "scoop", but I've only heard it used once

>>49588695
>Wiping makes no fucking sense and even has a completely different meaning in MTG.

When somebody concedes, they do not "scoop" the cards off the table, they "wipe" them into a pile and merge with graveyard/exile/command zone. Sure, when a board wipe hits, they "wipe " the board as well, just in a smaller fashion. I wouldn't consider that a "completely different meaning".
>>
>>49588740
They are obnoxiously rare so their price will probably stay rather constant.
>>
>>49588750
No, when a player loses they scoop all of their cards up and shuffle them back. They don't wipe them across the table and back into their deck somehow. Picking them up is scooping, not wiping.
>>
>>49588750

>these wisconsin subhumans "wipe" their boards and graveyards and libraries into a mishmash pile and dont even bother picking them up after the game and making sure the cards all face the same way

the midwest everybody
>>
>>49588750

m8 youre not gonna win this, scoop is the correct terminology used by magic players of all formats across the entire world

you just have a weird playgroup and thats fine
>>
>>49588695
Presumably a holdover from WoW or something, where they do say wipe.
>>
>>49588682
Magic cards are a bad investment. They can literally print something better than greaves next set if they feel like it, and that cards value will plummet. Or they could sell "Masterpiece Masters" after they get a chance to crank out a few sets worth of them. They could rake in money selling booster packs of just expeditions/inventions/nextbigthing for 25$ a pop.

Do what makes you happy, but odds are not in your favor for the price of that going up. There is already one other promo version of greaves and its less than 20. Assuming they don't just fuck you over by printing better greaves/more promos/new art in a new set, people are just going to go for their favorite art (in foil) when trying to pimp out a deck. Greaves will probably settle at around 20ish when the dust clears. Mana Vault foil will rise in value until they reprint it in foil again.

Depends on the card.
>>
File: ?.jpg (13KB, 96x108px) Image search: [Google]
?.jpg
13KB, 96x108px
>>49588784
That feel when I regularly leave my cards upsidedown unintentionally. Yeah, I'm known to Bobby my cards at times, it's a bad habit, I fix it between matches.
>>49588792
What the fuck? I mean. .. maybe we are a weird group, but it's not just me, it's the entire shop. I'm going to listen for the number of "scoops/wipes" next time I'm at my lgs.
>>49588771
Wiping is literally sliding the cards from the middle of the field to the side where the library/graveyard is. Then you push it into your library, along with the graveyard and exile and whatnot. Then you mash shuffle until the next match starts.
>>
>>49588850

just watch any mtg streamer or youtube or twitch

every single goddamn one, without fail, says scoop, you will never find one that doesnt say scoop, and you will never ever find one that says wipe
>>
>>49588850
A "wipe" is a boardWIPE. It is not the same thing as scooping.
What the shit.
>>
>>49588920
Exactly. Who the fuck says it the other way around. Mass removal is wipe or boardwipe, if you don't just say wrath.

Scooping is conceding.
>>
File: me.png (91KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
me.png
91KB, 1000x1000px
>>49588872
Huh. I watch steamers but I never really noticed. I'll listen next time.

I'm pretty bothered honestly, I really like saying "wipe"

Thanks for the info though.

It's kind of ironic, that both wiping an ass and wiping after conceding both removes shit from my vicinity

>>49588920 and >>49588957
see >>49588750

It's the act of AFTER the boardwipe, the physical "wiping" of cards into a pile to merge with the library. Like I said, sure you do it when a board wipe hits, I mean everything is going to the graveyard after all. Same thing when you wipe after conceding, just it's going to library to put back in deck box is all. Saying wrath is fine too. Or "damned"

Unrelated, but, what do you call killing the player that's behind while they're still behind, so they don't fly under the radar and sneak a win? We call it "step on his neck" or "stepping on his neck"
>>
File: 848_wvb9yfen4s.jpg (53KB, 274x377px) Image search: [Google]
848_wvb9yfen4s.jpg
53KB, 274x377px
>>49580897
Narset
Derevi
Zur
Leovold
Animar
Augustin
Traft
Nekusar

If I'm playing in a pod with any of these commanders, I will break out Wildfire Wanderer and stoop to their level of un-fun. I generally only play Wanderer in cuthtroat 1v1 or in truly high power groups to try to avoid being "that guy".

Oloro isn't that bad, just boring.
>>
>>49588975

stepping on his neck?
It's called stomping on his throat

Jesus Christ Wisconsin get it together
>>
>>49588975
>I don't know what ironic means
>>
>>49588975
>what do you call killing the player that's behind while they're still behind, so they don't fly under the radar and sneak a win? We call it "step on his neck" or "stepping on his neck"

The fuck? I mean if you can't diminish a more potent threat with your time I can see murdering a guy stuck on 3 lands or something, but typically its better just trying to stop the guys who have the means to kill you. If I can swing in with a swarm of guys and end somebody why wouldn't it be the guy in the strongest position?

Where I am from we call that "poor threat assessment"
>>
>>49587361
How much you pay for that Mana Drain? I really wan't one but its round the 200 euros at the moment.
>>
>>49588632
You feel a lack of control over other aspects of your life and crave that feeling of intense security in the game.
I've seen it happen to myself and three other players in my group, two when they lost their jobs, one when his mother died, me when I broke up with my ex. We all went' stax/drawgo at the time. We all went back to playing other archetypes when the pain subsided and now just go back to stax when it's an actually fun fair matchup, not miserable grindfests trying to hurt others more than we hurt ourselves.

And that's the worst part, and what made me realize this aspect of deckbuilding as catharsis: the pain we cause bites back. We had a breakdown in our playgroup because our friend who was going through this phase was feeling extremely vulnerable everywhere else in his life and. without knowing that, we successfully made him hurt himself all night long with Wire, Stack, etc. We had to go get some drinks and real talk till the sun went up.

So for everyone playing Stax for the kick, don't lose, and if it's possible you're gonna lose, have a friend sitting next to you.
>>
>>49588542
I would. Foils always struck me as a suckers game. I'd rather have several useful cards, than one sparkle card.
>>
>>49589069

i think if you're in first place, but you cant win a long game if your opponents collude completely, then its in your interests to eliminate the weaker opponents first, but only if you can do so without giving up your position of dominance over your other opponents
>>
File: wow_thanks.jpg (53KB, 433x435px) Image search: [Google]
wow_thanks.jpg
53KB, 433x435px
>>49589039
Christ, where are you from? ?
>>49589069
You're telling me that you've never felt pity for the guy that got a bad hand, spared him, only to lose to him a few turns later comboing off? In my matches, generally 3 of the 4 have good starts and are equally scary, while one lags behind. The three that are equal don't start going for each others balls because as soon as they do, it puts the other of the three at an advantage. The fourth either A) gets spared and pulls a combo win, or B)gets collectively fucked by the top 3 to make sure he doesn't come back. I don't think it's bad threat assessment.
>>
>>49589116

I'm from California

Tbh I've never used the term "stomp on their throats" only in team sports
>>
>>49581072
Sword of the Animist
Sword of Feast and Famine
Sword of Fire and Ice
Mask of Memory
Rogues Gloves
Stone Haven Outfitter
Puresteel Paladin
>>
>>49589135

never used the term in MTG***

only in team sports
>>
>>49581072
The easiest way: Add a third color.
The "I hate myself RW way" is bunch of artifacts that still won't ever catch you up to anybody with any of the other three colors
>>
File: ..jpg (101KB, 570x570px) Image search: [Google]
..jpg
101KB, 570x570px
>>49589089
I mean, I was raised strictly Roman catholic until I learned to think for myself and follow my own beliefs. When I stopped believing in all that, and the heaven alongside it, I developed an intense fear of death. thinking too long without edh/other hobbies/school really breaks me down to hysterical anxiety. It effects me every day, and even my girlfriend worries I should be on medication for anxiety. Sorry for the blog post, maybe that's why I like stax/stasis as much as I do. I'm satisfied in my life and with my relationship, and pursuit of a career, but I know that every moment with her, every game of edh, is one closer to my last. Maybe inflicting pain through edh is some sadistic way of coping, I don't know

Thanks for the post, by the way. I see it in a new light.
>>
>>49589116
It depends on the other persons deck I suppose. If someone is playing a generic Naya tokens deck it's quite a bit different then if someone is playing a combo deck when you talk about that player being "behind." Boardstates are largely irrelevant for combo decks ( a guy stuck in 3 lands can EoT flash in receiver exarch and top deck mana crypt for Kiki and kill the table. Behind for a combo deck means someone kicked a sadistic sacrament and removed every win condition from their deck. Behind for a creature based deck means they have nothing on the board late game, and few lands to do things with.

Not having a boardstate means jack shit to a combo deck, so saying they don't have one makes them "behind" is very disingenuous, it's like saying an agro deck is behind because they have no cards in hand, nevermind that their opponent is at 2 life.
>>
File: 1475304096030421.png (291KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
1475304096030421.png
291KB, 375x523px
>>49588632
>>49588671
>>49588750
>>49588850
>>49588975
>>49589069
>>
>>49589212
I suppose you're right. We only spare the guy behind if you can *tell* he's running an unoptimized deck, or he's relatively new/playing something Janky like a theme deck
>>
>>49588975

Just check out the guy who does against the odds, first of all because those videos are great, but second of all because he says "let's scoop it up" or "I'm gonna scoop if he does X" all the time

Travis woo says it all the time too
>>
>>49588850
people who use wiping for losing where do you live?

I think it might be a local thing because over here wiping is clearing the board, and scooping is conceding.
>>
>>49588057
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/giselas-fng-pissed/

The list I run. It's pretty efficient when it draws right.

>>49588268
Your taste is shit.
>>
>>49589270
>>49589295

I'm not trying to troll EDH general or WI, I've lived in Waunakee (WI), Eau Claire (WI) , and Madison (WI) and I've played EDH through all three. I've lived out in WI for years. "Wipe" has been deeply ingrained in me for some reason, and I've heard it used as far as LGS's in Madison, the Capitol.
>>
>>49589317

sure youre not just using it and people not commenting on how weird it is?

i mean when you said it first i had never heard it before but i immediately knew that you meant concede because people use scoop for that and wipe is vaguely similar

maybe nobody else says it but you and some friends but they dont say anything because they dont want to be mean, but secretly they think you should be saying scoop like a normal person
>>
>>49587384
I just sum it up as infinite tokens so I don't have to say the biggest number I can.
>>
>>49589326
I've heard other players I've never come into contact with use wipe in place of scoop, we have a pretty large lcs, so there are plenty of commander players. I'll ask around next time and see if it's normal.
>>
>>49589295
We call beating the whole table wiping, bot one player giving up scooping.
>>
>>49589089

Pop psychology.

I don't think you can accurately analyze someone based on the decktype they play. I've done Snaek Tribal, Isamaru Voltron, Teneb's Fun House of Dredge (You ever hit them with teneb, hold priority, drop street wraith, dredge out Rune Scarred Demon and reanimate it?), Prossh's Circlejerk, Brago's Bounce House, Marcheezy's ValueTown, Roon's Bounce House, Feldon reanimator mutated into Sedris and am working on Arjun right now. I'm all over the place in terms of deckbuilding.

Not like it matters, the best feeling is picking a commander, starting with a budget build with your own scraps and losing with it until you tinker with it. You buy some pricey cards, you lose less. You might even abandon that commander for another. Then you come back for the first one with a new perspective and tinker with it again. You start winning. Then you lose, you start losing more and more. So you disassemble it in rage and build another commander. You go cutthroat, you're tired of losing. You know how to optimize things, and you've got a well oiled machine. You go Bx Stax with a million tutors. You win and you win, and you force your friends to run something to beat it. Then you and your friends get tired of the infinite combos, the 30 minutes of shuffling per game. So you come back to the first one, the first commander that caught your eye.

It's not fully optimized, it doesn't have nearly enough win the game on the spot combos, you didn't netdeck it, but it's yours. It feels like home.
>>
>>49589428

>It's not fully optimized, it doesn't have nearly enough win the game on the spot combos, you didn't netdeck it, but it's yours. It feels like home.

Stax/stasis /wipe guy here, and my kami turbostasis deck is literally what you just described. I love it to death. It's not the first commander that caught my eye, that was skullbriar. Now I'm building a grindy endrek sahr deck, and it's quickly becoming comfy-tier levels of love to me. Kami stasis and endrek oppression man, the best.
>>
>>49588447
I'm much better and have spent way more money on decks than anyone at in my meta.

So I got all the most awesome janky 1/1 counter combos I could and shoved them in one Ezuri, CoP deck so it has a much higher power level but is easy as fuck to disrupt.
>>
Hey EDH anons, what are some decks with heavy interaction elements? I want something to play with my girlfriend that won't bore her half to death
>>
>>49589575

esper control

but really you need two decks with heavy interaction elements or the game doesnt feel very interactive
>>
>>49589428
No you can't analize someone based on the archetype they play but you can get hints on how someone is feeling behind the cards by the archetype they enjoy playing the most at the moment and wether or not their plans failing upsets them more than usual for a game.
Spikes who play stax to win are just playing what wins, someone who is at a moment in their lives when they need to lock the table out of playing and papercut them to death in order to feel relief most probably needs a hug and a beer.
>>
File: Endrek Sahr, Master Breeder_TSP.jpg (66KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Endrek Sahr, Master Breeder_TSP.jpg
66KB, 312x445px
What commanders fly under the radar?

I've been ranting and raving about my endrek deck, and I've noticed that he, surprisingly, has flew under the radar with multiple pods. It's bizzare, I'll cast it, and the table will ask to reread him before responding to cast. They look it over, make a shrug and say its fine. I was really confused at first, but I think it's because the other commanders look MUCH more impactful right away. kozilek, oona, niv mizzet, narset, derevi, prosh all these more popular generals end up receiving the premium removal while endrek ends up sitting there unprotected for a turn or two, giving me a chance to really develop a board state and dominate a few turns later. I think another part of it is that the last thing they read on endreks card is how he saccs himself at 7 thrulls, and is a 2/2 for B(4). it really takes a round for them to process how efficient the meat grinder really is.
>>
>>49589584
esper control? what're some key cards that the deck runs so I can look up some lists?
>>
>>49589591

idk at some point every commander in your meta is a huge threat, which means none of them are

i certainly dont let endrek sahr live when possible but i also think endrek sahr needs some other pieces to really be a threat, so i might save my responses for grave pact or something, this applies to other threatening decks as well, i dont spend removal on derevi or oona ever, not once, i disrupt the rest of their pieces, endrek isnt like that, i definitely want to kill him, but if its kill endrek sahr or kill mizzix, ill kill mizzix and hope that i can naturalize grave pact
>>
>>49589590
I've never seen stax as a spike way to play. I see tooth and nail/ birthing pod /tutors as spike decks. I thought stax was more of a johnny thing to do, considering it's more based on a lattice of different effects working together. Spikes just entwine a tooth and nail to play avenger +craterhoof, or azami +mind over matter.

Maybe it's just me

>>49589575
Tasigur! Giving her options with his activated ability will force her to think and really comprehend how the match is going/understand the cards and synergy.
>>
>>49589623
Never on oona? We have a ultra spike that goes infinite exile every game with her, and through tutors he really gets that going fast. I always fear when she hits the table, because you know he's confident he can win THAT turn.
>>
>>49589613

esper control is really vague, and it was just an example off the top of my head

jund control/midrange is another example, even though its a completely different color combo

basically what im saying is "interaction" works with any color combination and almost any commander, as long as you build the decks with lots of instant speed removal/counterspells and dont build heavy, redundant, all-in combo decks, the game should be interactive

examples of good, cheap interactive spells that make the game fun but dont break the bank:

swan song
nature's claim
fleshbag marauder
oblation
vandalblast
>>
>>49589640

no definitely, oona decks are very scary, but removing oona does nothing beacuse she is quite fair and not a serious threat unless they have infinite mana, and if they have infinite mana, they can recast her and win anyway

the only way to beat oona decks is to stop the infinite mana combos with well timed removal or counterspells or possibly other answers like hate or hand disruption
>>
>>49580453
You shouldn't give any shit on what maro has to say about EDH anyway.
>>
>>49581113
I remember when Oloro first came out. It wasn't uncommon for me to be the only one at the table not olaying Oloro.

Same thing happened with Nekusaur.
>>
>>49589693

nekusar and oloro happened at the same time, so which was it?
>>
File: Padeem.jpg (12KB, 178x248px) Image search: [Google]
Padeem.jpg
12KB, 178x248px
Suggestions on a budget edh deck for this guy?
>>
>>49589876

This is the perfect deck for master transmuter, she really wants hexproof because she's vulnerable and durdly, and she can also cheat huge artifacts into play to trigger padeem's card draw
>>
So I want to run a warlord style commander deck
> the commander is your warlord and uses the leutenant cards of his colors
with oloro instead of the regular durdle but I have no idea how to do it. What do you guys recommend?
>>
>>49589929
Legend "tribal".
>>
>>49588129
champs helm
>>
Fuck, how do you guys take pictures of your decks? Either I get super glare on the cards, or it's too dark to see shit, or you can't see the foiling. Also damn hard to actually get it all in one photo since it's so many singletons.
>>
>>49589876
don't play her
>>
>>49590021

ive literally never seen a good picture of a deck before, every single one has one of the problems you've mentioned here, usually all of those

Take the sleeves off if you don't want so much glare, that should help with the foil issue as well, but it's still going to be hard to see because the phenomena of holographic cards is defined by the way it looks different as you look at it from different angles, you simply can't capture that in a still frame
>>
>>49590088
Well I recently re-sleeved both my inner and outer sleeves before this so that's not gonna happen. I'll manage it eventually.
>>
>>49590398

Why though? What's the point?
>>
>>49590492
It had been over a year since I changed them? The inner sleeves were dirty at the top and the the outer sleeves were kinda faded so the foiling didn't show too well, so I bought some new ones and relegated the old sleeves to another edh deck im building
>>
>>49587632
Flusterstorm was in 2011 deck in Riku or Damia, can't recall which
>>
>>49580911
>>49580979
>>49587425
>>49588980
what pisses people off about wanderer? i don't have a wanderer deck myself but i've never considered him to be cancerous at all when playing against him. at least he's somewhat telegraphed and there's counterplay possible, unlike bullshit like nekusar wheels and any combo deck ever

is it just the fact that he randomly shits out wins with cascade or something?
>>
>>49588129
The one that you have pictured. Gonna run it in Riku.
>>
>>49590884
Last time I played against wanderer, guy ramped like crazy and got Karn out of it. Removed Wanderer just to have something equally fun come at me.
>>
File: xenagos.jpg (48KB, 239x345px) Image search: [Google]
xenagos.jpg
48KB, 239x345px
should i rework my xenagos deck into control rather than this pseudo mid-range-tempo thing i have going on?

in a typical game, this is what happens:

>ramp up to 5 or 6 mana quickly
>drop xenagos and a fatty
>now holding around 3 fatties, 2 mana and 1 utility spell
>can play 1 card a turn typically
>meanwhile other players are just casting all sorts of shit while slowly docking my life away because xenagos is scary and must be taken out first
>i can only smash 1 guy at a time and can't really defend myself
>if i try an alpha strike, the friendly blue player will have an overloaded cyclonic rift saved just for that occasion
>typically only win if no one is holding instant speed removal, otherwise get slowed down too much by constant control that i just get run over

i feel like i should cut like half the big creatures in my deck and replace them with low cmc stuff that helps me protect me and my shit better, although i have no idea what that would be
>>
File: en_5EWnQlF4qV.png (193KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
en_5EWnQlF4qV.png
193KB, 265x370px
I got this recently. How do I build around her?
>>
>>49590917
my fun deck. flies under the radar and actually wins a decent bit of the time

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/finding-jori-1/
>>
>>49590916
You need to run Myriad cards, and stuff like Hydra Omnivore. I'd suggest running Gamble, Pyroblast, Archetype of Endurance. Key things off the top of my head.
>>
>>49590981
I've been dubious of Jori En since she was spoiled, since you need four spells (or three + Jori) and two turns to make her as good as Divination. That is a really low floor. Are you sure there aren't commanders better suited to your deck?
>>
>>49590987
i actually have all of those cards except gamble

people just take turns to spot remove my shit. i guess i could tutor for archetype of endurance every game, but then they'd just fuck me up with a board wipe once and that would be that
>>
>>49590981

Thanks, I'll take a look.
>>
>>49590995
Run some other stuff like Seige Behemoth, Nylea, Spellbreaker Behemoth, balefire dragon, I personally like adding bearer of the heavens as wrath protection, joreal empress of beasts is good wrath protection too, sylvan safekeeper, the totem armours are good editions too, soul of new phyrexia can be a potent addition. I'm not sure whether you have most of these in your deck or not, but if not I'd definitely go through them if you have a spot removal/wrath heavy meta. Joreal is really good to use against the player casting wraths if yoy can give her protocol. Perhaps pick up a Yavimaya Hollow as well if you can, really powerful and underrated.
>>
Tried putting together a deck with that new UG chick, any suggestions other than ALL the top manipulation and "stuff gains flash" cards?
>>
>>49591261
>>49591261
>>49591261

New thread, get going
>>
>>49590991
Maybe I'm just getting lucky my past 10 games, but I draw at least 1 extra card a turn after I drop Jori. I'm not saying she's shaking up the competitive EDH scene or whatever, but comparing her to divination is just silly.
>>
>>49590763
Zeedru
>>
>>49586273
Personally I like them a lot, especially if I can get my Conjurer's closet, they give me infinte chumps as well as fodder for my sac outlets
>>
>>49585713

Weird way to spell "Aurelia," but I'll admit you've still got some good taste, anon.
Thread posts: 339
Thread images: 50

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.