[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pathfinder General /pfg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 328
Thread images: 47

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Friendly reminder to tell us what 3pp your game allows if you need character building help.

Have you been a good big brother/sister to your cohort recently? Shown them some love?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: http://pastebin.com/iYhDNSTq

Psionics Augmented: Psychic Warriors playtest: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1dX4UYdtwTQKhY71Q45IHLtcu193zq1ZO5jHQ5_PnTl8/edit

Bloodforge: Infusions playtest: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1GvwMclLSw15slYI7D5xLdjMzr-Nau92hNha9Sx0LOk4/edit

Legendary Vigilantes playtest (ends next monday so check it out): https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Hrk1hl8uXVHazaiPOCvWsFUHX3PB6fQVd13tzguJTgE/edit

DSP's Forrest started a patreon for her own 3pp company: https://www.patreon.com/forrestfirestudios

Old thread: >>49567368
>>
>Page 4
RRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>49574453

To be honest, I do most of my archetypes and conversions on a whim. The Hexblade in DnD 3.5 was a d10, full BAB 4/9 caster. The Hexblade archetype I made is slightly more true to that. Where a Hexcrafter Magus is more "sword-using wizard that casts hexes", the Hexblade is a "hex-using fighter that knows a little magic". You get what I mean? I don't take offense to those criticisms, but I did this more as a quick little thought experiment.
>>
So I'm doing some theorycrafting for an Occultist, and Jesus Christ Soulbound Puppet is a lot better that it first seems. Keep a bag full of animal bones handy and you can get all kinds of benefits. Off the top of my head or the text document nearby as the case may be:

+4 fucking Initiative (Hare)
+2 Fortitude (Rat)
+2 Reflex (Fox)
+2 Will (Hedgehog)
+1 Natural Armor (Turtle)
the ability to deliver verbal messages (Raven or similar)
the ability to manipulate or retrieve items at a distance (Monkey or similar, or Homunculus I guess but that lacks the minor skill bonus)

You can change these basically at-will by spending a focus point, and they come with all the normal familiar benefits too (like speaking with similar animals, though they'll likely be put-off by the fact that it's a horrid little zombie).
>>
>>49574370
I wouldn't say that disliking PoW makes you a martial hater. PoW could have been executed better.
>>
File: Fighter uses persuasion.jpg (741KB, 1279x1703px) Image search: [Google]
Fighter uses persuasion.jpg
741KB, 1279x1703px
>>49574574
How?
>>
>>49574688
By not being so powerful that all the enemies they face need to be using it to not get mulched?
>>
File: fighting boredom.jpg (37KB, 600x300px) Image search: [Google]
fighting boredom.jpg
37KB, 600x300px
>>49574728
So, it's like magic?
>>
>>49574742
Vancian magic isn't a good balance point for anything.
>>
>>49574728

That's got nothing to do with PoW and everything to do with gameplay being so rocket-taggy in 3.X that you either waste at least one enemy per action or you may as well be doing nothing. PoW accomplishes this efficiently, but even tier 4 characters can do it without that much fuss these days.
>>
>>49574807
Tier 4 is 'good at their job'

What pushes them from 4 to 3 is being able to do shit outside of that.

Yes, rocket-tag is a problem, but PoW makes it worse, UNLESS the opponent is using it as well, thus allowing them to nope the PoW-blender with counters.

This is a problem. PoW could be just as interesting, just as varied, but less powerful, and it would be much better.

While 'you can build whatever you want and it'll work fine' is a great design goal, the problem is that if someone knows what they're doing, that 'works fine' turns into 'oh god what'.
>>
>>49574852
I think the devs know this too and that's why the errata will be full of damage nerfs
>>
So I was taking a look at the Medic and I was actually pretty excited by the concept. Was looking at making a Sanguinist as a reserve character for a future campaign.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1fkVJcjXIEZiZj_vpumo_8qy0TZfQl2hZ-tKV4rLnxLM/edit

So I was wondering if I could get some tips on feats, maneuvers, and stats I might want to focus? I know it's main stat is Wisdom but I figure I can either try to get stuff as covered by Wisdom as possible or go a Wisdom/Dex. I'm not used to making PoW characters and my DM allows them at the table.
>>
>>49574852

It literally cannot make it worse *because everybody competent already oneshots enemies*. Like that's literally the only benchmark a character has to meet, and the only thing above that that matters is 'kills or disables an entire encounter in one or at most two actions'. PoW characters flat out cannot do that in the first fifteen levels, and cannot do that with any degree of reliability in the last five. Raising a fuss about PoW is misguided. The actual issues lie with stupid monster damage inflation as you level and the ability of monsters to chuck instakill/instadisable attacks at you, to the point going first and doing it to them is the only good defense. If you want to bitch about something, bitch about the fact PF lacks status effects that aren't horrifically crippling so you cannot 'grind down' a target without either killing them or CCing them into a state resembling death.
>>
>>49574916
Oneshotting anything is a shitty benchmark.

The fact that people bring up PoW's damage at all means that people will NOT always oneshot things, and Initiators have an easier time of it.

Also, be the change you want to see in the goddamn system, don't just do something because it's the only way it's already done.
>>
>>49574916
To be honest, DMs shouldn't be using big instagibbing monsters necessitating such unhealthy levels of damage.

I feel like the whole thing'd work better if people used more, less powerful monsters.
>>
Is there a way to qualify for craft wondrous item besides master craftsman?
I need to get it as earliest as possible so I can get a wand of fireball with 6000 gp
>>
>>49574970
mechanically monsters do one of three things:
-Actually pose a threat
-Waste resources
-Act as treasure chests

Unfortunately number 2 really requires number 1 because you're not going to waste any resources unless you actually absolutely need to.
You might then ask me why you would want to make players waste resources, the reason is simply that they're given a finite amount of for that specific reason. If every class had only encounter powers monster design could change drastically and it'd probably be a more fun game. Unfortunately most of the classes have /day garbage nonsense
>>
>>49574996
Apart from having an actual caster level? Because wands need Craft Wand.
>>
File: 1347997289778.png (76KB, 741x289px) Image search: [Google]
1347997289778.png
76KB, 741x289px
>>49575086
Yeah I just remembered that, so even Master Craftsman wont work.
Alternatively, are there any wealth feats in pathfinder?
>>
>>49575127
There is a trait that'll raise your starting gp to 900.
>>
>>49574916

Yeah, I miss 4e status effects like balls.
>>
File: 1429534234853.jpg (122KB, 849x756px) Image search: [Google]
1429534234853.jpg
122KB, 849x756px
>>49575134
I was planning to use that but I am still short.
I was planning to get a half charged wand
>>
So I want to play a fun fighter that isn't PoW or SoP. I was thinking about using DHB's unchained fighter. Has anyone used it before? How does it fair? What tier is it?
>>
>>49575160
Why do you need a wand of fireball? Perhaps you could get something else.
>>
>>49575186
Character concept. Its a one shot campaign so it doesnt matter that I burn my whole wealth on it.
I was recommended to use this: http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/rogue/archetypes/paizo---rogue-archetypes/counterfeit-mage
which fits pretty well with my idea of "fake sorcerer" but seems I am too poor to afford it and I can't into craft.
>>
I'm working on a boss fight for my players. Its CR 10 and I'm kinda worried they'll figure out some way to one shot it or disable it within one or two rounds. I'd ideally like to make this last at least 3 rounds.
Are there any good benchmarks for level 10 dpr and like what sort of save or die or save or suck spells there are at this level? I don't want to make this guy immune to everything but the entire build up for this fight is going to be shit if this giant monster they're about to fight is just going to get it's shit shoved in.

Party is two PoW guys, a wizard, a cleric, and a Oradin Archer. All of whom are pretty well optimized.
>>
>>49575467
Mate, if your party is 5 well optimized level 10 characters, a boss that stands a chance should be on the CR 15-16 benchmark.
Throw them a vilderavn.
>>
>>49575467
Mix in a few traps and summons between them and the boss.

Make them waste a few turns trying to reach the boss while its throwing save or suck spells.

Then when the party gets close enough - annoy them by making the boss an illusion, and that he's been invisible the entire time.
>>
Is there a way to increase the base threat range of my unarmed strikes? I'm playing a Sacred Fist Warpriest and all 3pp stuff is allowed.
>>
>>49575599
I think the Aberrant bloodline gives you an extra 5ft reach(?)
>>
>>49575508
Holy shit that thing is rad as fuck. Yeah ok, fair point I can bump up the cr.
>>49575521
Unfortunately none of that makes sense in context. They're fighting a large stupid but insanely strong non magical monster. They're already by its lair and have preformed through recon.

From the last few sessions I can determine that for this fight to work it needs a minimum of 300 hp, immunity to fear, and immunity to mind affecting. I can justify the first two but I can't justify the second. I also really can't justify a higher will save than the one it has.
>>
>>49575636
*Third.
Maybe I can just give it multiple initiatives
>>
>>49575636
Mess w/feats around. Give it counters like Sanguine Perseverance, Obsidian Sidestep, Temporal Body Adjustment, Eldritch Consumption, or something of the like.
>>
>>49575636
>I can't justify the second. I also really can't justify a higher will save than the one it has.

Intimidate is 30 ft maximum and requires a visual or auditory stimuli to work. You could make the beast use scent or blindsight to locate prey.

Keep your big brute mobile by using spring attack to hit them from beyond their reach.

Use the Grab and Crush monster abilities to hinder the party by keeping the caster pinned down or throw around the martials like rag dolls.
>>
Reposting since I didn't get the answer last thread.

Investigator studied combat said..

>Upon doing so, he adds 1/2 his investigator level as an insight bonus on melee attack rolls and as a bonus on damage rolls against the creature.

Does this mean..

1) add 1/2 level bonus on melee attack roll and melee damage roll
2) add 1/2 level bonus on melee attack roll and
ANY damage roll (range,spell, siege weapon, etc).
>>
File: Sc5-algol.jpg (239KB, 964x1512px) Image search: [Google]
Sc5-algol.jpg
239KB, 964x1512px
>>49574464

Hey /pfg/, I'm reviving Ihys, Asmodeus's brother. As one of the first gods in existence, what should his favored weapon be?

I already know he's gonna be an Aztec god of fitness in appearance.
>>
>>49575993
Some sort of staff or rod, most likely. Appropriately godly, and one of the simplest and most primitive weapons of all - 'large stick'
>>
File: 2r6YzSl.jpg (297KB, 2672x3436px) Image search: [Google]
2r6YzSl.jpg
297KB, 2672x3436px
About to make an Arcanist for a new game. Any essential traits/feats/spells you guys would recommend?
>>
>>49574767
What does this even mean?

Vancian Magic is by far the most balanced system of magic we've invented so far.
>>
>>49575993
Given that Sarenrae was in ye olden days the champion of Ihys, it makes sense that he'd be a sword-lover.
>>
>>49576037
Sacred Geometry.
>>
>>49576013
That or a spear. The first great weapon technology advancement " rock tied to stick."
>>
>>49575221
What is your starting level and starting wealth?
>>
>>49576136

Now that i think about it, A spear sounds fantastic fo Ihys reborn. Especially since he was killed by one.

Basically i'm brewing up The War in Heaven 2.0 (Law VS Chaos again.)

The forces of chaos have started doin shit creating a new cult of Ihys. They've successfully scoured the evil from a two mile expanse of the Worldwound, However leaving the chaotic influence in tact. Good news for the Crusaders; but the same techniques are planned on being used on other parts of the world. Effectively making Anarchic Nukes.
>>
What is the "best" throwing weapon? It seems like you really have to pick between damage and any sort of range.
>>
File: 1428222753476.jpg (107KB, 613x533px) Image search: [Google]
1428222753476.jpg
107KB, 613x533px
>>49576096
>That feat

what the shit
>>
>>49576389
Chakram.

Starknife is okay now too.
>>
>>49575615
Hm, I meant critical threat range. Like, 18-20/x2 and so on. Sorry if I wasn't clear enough.
>>
I dont know if its already been discussed but can maneuvers be considered nonlethal if you use them with unarmed strikes or blade of mercy compatible weapons or weapons enchanted with merciful?
>>
>>49576393
I like to use it in a game that doesn't allow 3pp stuff, to show how "balance" Paizo is.
>>
>>49574937

Being the change in the system is why I'm working on an entirely new game that has nothing in common with pathfinder beyond rolling d20s, my dear anon. PF is such a broken mess with so many built-in intentional imbalances that I play it when I actually WANT something broken.

(Also, people bring PoW's damage because it's more obvious and requires jumping through less hoops to deliver. Not because it's actually higher. You won't see anybody bring up Akasha even though it far outdeepses PoW, for instance, because it's less well known and its combos more obtuse.)
>>
>>49576513
Unless they're explicitly a different damage type, its just extra weapon damage, if the weapon deals nonlethal, so does the maneuver.
>>
>>49573950
Do you fucks seriously have that short of a memory?

http://pastebin.com/YA3rRptE
>>
>>49576576
I remember outfighting him as a Wizard 17 and DHB admitting defeat in this very thread.
>>
>>49575733
By RAW, I'd say any damage rolls - otherwise it'd say "on melee damage rolls)

By RAI, probably meant to be damage and were I your DM, I'd rule it as that.
>>
File: 1450675736113.gif (2MB, 352x500px) Image search: [Google]
1450675736113.gif
2MB, 352x500px
>mfw level 15 campaign
>mfw 25 PB with free random 18
>mfw templates are allowed and work exactly as they say they do (CR+2 means I am level 13 for a class, example.)
>mfw 240,000 starting gp
>mfw I am encouraged to be from Druma

Help guys help oh my god all the hot dogs.
>>
>>49576860
You know 2hu signed up for that one too, right?
>>
File: 1446227794678.png (82KB, 336x347px) Image search: [Google]
1446227794678.png
82KB, 336x347px
>>49576977

Does this look like a face that cares? 2hu is a good player and real human bean.

I might go for a Slayer written as a Repo Man!
>>
>>49576977
I might join that one just to torment his autism by having fun with a sup-par character and playing chaotic neutral properly.
>>
Who the fuck is 2hu and why do you all keep talking about him?
>>
File: 1446639653878.png (161KB, 270x348px) Image search: [Google]
1446639653878.png
161KB, 270x348px
>>49576999

What are you thinking of making, anon? Might be fun to dual-app and make a comedy pair like Rosencrantz and Guildenstern.
>>
>>49577044
/pfg/ is obsessed with 2hu. The tsundere love affair will never end. She's an autist that likes to post builds and play cutesy characters.
>>
>>49576860
That isn't how CR works at all though.
>>
>>49577111
It is for initial character creation, of course then you'd get bonus levels up to half your CR/2 rounded down distributed throughout your build somewhere.
>>
File: boughtit.png (2MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
boughtit.png
2MB, 1366x768px
>>49576043
>>
File: 03392.png (25KB, 160x160px) Image search: [Google]
03392.png
25KB, 160x160px
I know there are many /m/anly denizen in here.

How would you create a debtman with Paizo Only content. Eldritch Archer?
>>
Warning: Roleplay/story question here. Feel free to ignore

I'm a player in a game with a couple friends. We're all first time players and made paranoid, untrusting characters (6 sessions in). Our collective mistakes. After three sessions, the DM introduced an NPC who wanted to fight the BBEG and knew how to do it. We didn't trust him, but our sense motive checks turned up nothing, so we let him join.
Long story short, he was the shapeshifting BBEG the whole time. Which would be fine, except now the paranoid, untrusting party knows there's a shapeshifting person out in the wild who wants them dead. Also possibly the leader of the nation's armies and a random Baron. And honestly, I'm mostly fine with that. My character was built for this environment.
Except that we have two new players who want to join our campaign. And I cannot, for the life of me, figure out why we would trust anyone right now (the other players tend to agree). I really don't want to reject the other players because no, but the characters shouldn't even trust their families at this point.
Any ideas, /tg/, or are we fucked?
>>
>>49577764
Ya gotta metagame. It's not like metagaming is inherently bad, especially when it lets the game continue like in this instance.
>>
Last session a player character bite the dust. He's allowed me to make his character for him. I was thinking of going with a Pact Wizard archetype, bound to a devil/angel. I was leaning more towards devil, but theirs a Torag Paladin in the party, so I don't know how well it would go. Especially since the character would constantly give off evil. If I was to go with angel, what would be a good deity to counterract Torag's 'don't accept surrender' mentality. You know, for roleplays.
>>
>>49577764
Easy enough.
Option 1: Have the BBEG appear again when these two new people join.
They're seen in the same place at the same time as these two new people, so everyone in the area is clear of being the BBEG in disguise.

Option 2: There is a reliable but extremely inconvenient spell or machine or ritual that proves that someone isn't a shapeshifter in disguise. If you asked a normal guy to let you do it to them they'd tell you to fuck off and stop wasting their time, but these two new players believe in the method and are willing to be screened.
>>
>>49577764
1) You only know of one shapeshifting creature, one of them has to be good.
2) Seriously, why are all of you paranoid this badly in character?
3) The shapeshifting has to be tied to something. Supernatural, magic, whatever. Have the characters enter a null-magic area to prove who they are.

You're characters don't have to force them into a null-magic area, but there needs to be an obvious "hey, magic doesn't work here" into "well, I guess they can't shapeshift and would return to their original form if they were shapeshifting" line of thought from the characters, even if such info might be false in terms of game rules.
>>
>>49577764
Wasn't there a non-magical item in a recent book that can detect shapeshifters?
>>
>>49577849
>>49577842
We're second level. Access to things is fairly limited at this point.
Even if we can prove it's not the shapeshifter through some form of null magic, it could be someone working for them (which we've seen), or someone working for someone else who wants us dead.

We're paranoid because this is our first game and two of the three of us tend to write characters with a lot of suspicions. And then the DM confirmed those suspicions.

>>49577818
I can try. Not sure how well it would go down with the rest of the players (one of them has a tendency toward being hostile to the other party members. Through no fault of his own. Just the character, who acted in untrustworthy or antithetical ways) but I'll ask.
>>
>>49578055
>Through no fault of his own
You mean entirely their fault? They created a character that was specifically hostile to party members.
>>
>>49578055
DM has to provide the field, not you.

Again, null-field + act of "betrayal". Find the new guys destroying BBEG, something they totally wouldn't do if they were his minions.
>>
>>49578055
You could also just level up Sense Motive, you know. At higher levels you can literally use it to read minds.
>>
I begged one of my players to change his one 2nd level spell as a sorcerer because he would have become utterly useless... Is that wrong to do?
>>
>>49578247

Depends. What did he pick, and why would it have been useless?
>>
>>49578247
Depending on how useless the spell they picked was you could just give them another for free.
>>
File: 1470169782294.jpg (137KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1470169782294.jpg
137KB, 600x600px
Don't hide it from me, /pfg/.

Tell me about your most interesting uses for the beguiling gift spell.
>>
>>49578318
You gonna link to that spell?
>>
>>49578247
I have a friend that is less than beer and pretzels player. He doesn't look at anything, barely remembers to use the d20 to roll to hit then rolls it again for damage.

I pick his spells out for him, since he picked up Glitterdust, Invisibility, and Fractions of Heal and Harm after giving him a short list of options.

I found out despite "tactically" picking out those spells, he only ever uses his first level blasting spells.
>>
File: 508.jpg (674KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
508.jpg
674KB, 600x600px
>>49578318
>>
>>49578258
Stricken Heart, with a negative Strength modifier for even landing it, and low Constitution on top. It's like Snowball but melee with lower damage - and a full spell level higher. And inflicting 1-round stagger at melee range does basically nothing at all before +6 BAB.
>>
>>49578151
We created characters with one glaring difference that came to a head. The other was because he didn't trust the BBEG

>>49578179
Fair enough

>>49578194
We had at least two sense motive rolls that were above 20 that yielded no information.

>>49578247
As a DM, you can give the players suggestions sometimes, but don't tell them what to do. If something will be useless specifically because of your campaign, let them know that's not the best option. If it's just generally useless, try to kindly let them know it's not the best option, and then drop it. At 6th level, he can always replace it.
>>
File: beguiling gift.jpg (70KB, 610x610px) Image search: [Google]
beguiling gift.jpg
70KB, 610x610px
>>49578318
>>
>>49578318
Explosive Runes
>>
>>49578435
>yielded no information
You should at least be able to sense something with that high of roll.

Also your DM should be secret rolling sense motive so you have no idea how well you did.
>>
>>49578435
>Hunch
>This use of the skill involves making a gut assessment of the social situation. You can get the feeling from another's behavior that something is wrong, such as when you're talking to an impostor. Alternatively, you can get the feeling that someone is trustworthy.
>Sense Motive DC: 20
Your DM is bullshitting you.
>>
>>49578326
Hey everybody, I found the filthy martial!
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/b/beguiling-gift
>>
File: 1445013919038.jpg (46KB, 500x312px) Image search: [Google]
1445013919038.jpg
46KB, 500x312px
Real talk though
GM > DM__________
>>
>>49577679
With 1pp? forget it. For one thing he's a goddamn mech pilot, and there's no ability that makes you *SO* jew that you break out of mental conditions just from hearing a coin drop.

You may be able to pull something off with the gonzo stuff though...
>>
>>49578552

I mean, I guess? Dungeon Master is a specific reference to D&D, while Game Master is system-neutral enough that it readily applies to everything.
>>
>>49578588
>and there's no ability that makes you *SO* jew that you break out of mental conditions just from hearing a coin drop.
Using Paizo tech rules does that naturally.
>>
>>49574767
But it's what we've got for the moment, so at the very least we can bring up the non-magic classes to a closer level.

Personally, I'd rather use Words of Power to bring casters back down a bit, but the support for that is utter shit (as in, literally none from Paizo at all), so for most games (where players want a wealth of options) PoW is a more palatable option than WoP.
>>
>>49578473
>>49578461
He's pretty open about stats. He tells us AC and health right basically at the beginning of a fight.
It's his first time DMing, so I'm guessing we're being railroaded.

>>49576096
You need Sarenrae

>>49576037
Nemisis. Because it's funny and a million times better than Fast Learner.

>>49575221
Ask your DM if you can buy a wand with less than 50 charges at a reduced price? Wouldn't help much but it's an idea.

>>49575733
Ask your DM. Always.
I'd say any damage rolls. Mostly because it makes sense. But I might make you lose something else small.

>>49576513
Combat Maneuvers aren't damage. I think.

>>49578552
The amount of care I had went out the window when I realized both terms existed.
>>
So I want to run a one-shot horror game and I have very little ideas on how to scare people. All I know is that the characters want to kill each other or need to be convinced to by the end. No/few NPCs. Any tips and/or monster suggestions for seven 6th level players who only have one caster (a Witch)?
>>
>>49578646
As expensive as they are, they won't do much to protect you from mind effects, and there's no mechs. Even if you construct-armored a myrmidon or something, you'd still just be turning it into silly breastplate somehow.
>>
>>49578797
I'd need to know what the other players are before I can give you that advice because certain monsters work better in certain situations.

Although a swarm of chokers scares the piss out of EVERYBODY.
>>
>>49578673
Have you considered Spheres of Power? While also flawed, a good number of people consider it better than both Vancian casting and Words of Power (which doesn't get much support).
>>
>>49578318
Girdle of opposite gender
>>
Spheres is good in that it forces/enables themes in spell-casting, instead of grab-bag/versatile/best-spell-at-each-level casters. Vancian has the advantage that it feels more magical, due to the fact that it is completely nonsensical and arbitrary.
>>
>>49578920
There's a Natural Attack Based Gargoyle Fighter (I dropped a lot of the Gargoyle abilities, so he has 3 natural attacks and flight), a Witchwolf Barbarian, a Kitsune Vigilante, a Goblin Rogue Shadow Walker, a Sylph Slayer, a Monkey Goblin Alchemist, and the Witch, who's a Tiefling.

Hmm... they are going to be underground pretty much the entire time. That could work.
>>
Wondering if any DSP dev is around to answer this:
Is it intentional the max maneuver level known of a 6/9 archetype is limited on the table by their class level rather than by their initiator level in the class?

Like, say you're level 8 in a different class, and you dip into an initiator.
You choose warlord, you enter Warlord 1 at initiator level 5, you can immediately get some 3rd level maneuvers.
If you choose something like Rubato instead, your Rubato initiator level would also be 5, but because
>The maximum level of maneuvers gained through rubato levels is limited by those listed in that table as well
You can still only pick up level 1 stuff, and not even level 2 stuff like a normal level 5 Rubato.

This leads to two things:
-Taking Practiced Initiator for a 6/9 has a lot less impact: for a full initiator it still increased the max maneuver level you knew when you dipped out of it for 4 levels, but for a 6/9 you're always bound by the table according to your class level
-Even weirder, if you enter straight from a level 5 half initiator into an initiator PrC, and take that all the way up to level 15 where you're getting your 8th level maneuvers, the moment you enter back into your main class at level 16 suddenly the max maneuver level you can learn/trade for naturally is capped at 2 again, because you're just level 6 in the original class.
>>
>>49578797
Fear of the unknown works best, unless you know what the players are personally afraid of. PCs will get jumpy and paranoid if they feel like they are being followed for a long time without seeing whatever it is that is threatening them.
>>
>>49579082
It is to help with multiclassing, something that was key to DnD that Pathfinder took away, mainly because just taking Fighter or just Rogue in DnD was the very sub-optimal way to do things.

Psionics comes form DnD, and DSP has some hold overs from that, like the ability to multiclass decently.

Also just because you can learn high level maneuvers, does not mean you get full benefit. You lose out on a lot of slots to grab maneuvers. You have to remember, after second level maneuvers, they start having pre-reqs. If you want level 3 maneuvers from different disciplines, as a 8whatever/1warlord, you can get at most three. Since you'd have to pick up a single 1 or 2 level maneuver to have the pre-req for that level 3 maneuver.
>>
>>49578412

>tfw no dog-girl or wolf-girl in the party to gift a collar to
>>
>>49579518
Why do we have Catfolk and the stupid ratfolk, but no other animal folk?
>>
>>49578318
Give metal armor to a druid. Instant loss of powers.
>>
>>49579470
Anon... I think you completely missed out on the point of my question.

I know it works that way for full initiators.
My question is:
>It works for full initiators, because their maximum maneuver level known is limited by initiator level, not class level
>Because of the wording, it does not work for half initiator archetypes, because for them it is explicitly limited by class level, not initiator level (I know they have a slowed progression, but eg. a Barbarian 10 dipping into Rubato 1 would have initiator level 6 on the rubato but still only be able to learn /level 1/ maneuvers)

>Is this intentional?
>>
>>49579578
Gnolls? Foxen?
>>
>>49579586
Spell last one round.
Donning armor takes longer than that, since the druid would have to take his off.
>>
>>49579082
Maximum maneuver level known is always initiator level, not class level. They fucked up a bit on the table but PoW 1 says it's based on IL and that's the answer they gave.
>>
>>49579578

Witchwolf Skinwalker is *basically* a wolf-girl.
>>
>>49579578

>No other animal folk
>Ignoring the skinwalkers, kitsune, bird people, frog people, hyena people, snake people, lizard people (in multiple varieties), fish people, monkey people, and special variant aasimar and tieflings
>>
>>49579685
I want more mammal people. Okay?
>>
>>49579707

>More mammal people
>Ignoring the dwarves, elves, orcs, gnomes, halflings, goblinoids, aasimar, tieflings, and variants of the above
>>
>>49579777
I hate all of you.
I want more mammal animal folk. Mmmkay?
Kangroofolk. Ferretfolk. Dogfolk. Hamsterfolk.

And no stupid variants of aasimar or tiefling.
>>
File: Untitled.png (698KB, 1318x484px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
698KB, 1318x484px
>>49579664
Is there any official RAI claim about that?
Seems strange that older PoW1 wording would take precedence over newer PoWE wording.
(See picture: The table in PoW1 says 'Initiator Level' but the PoWE archetype table says 'Level')

The way the text is written in each archetype seems to pretty clearly say that your highest maneuver level known depends on your class level, as said in the archetype table.
Maybe it's too optimistic of me, but given the weird outcomes I mentioned, I really wonder if the RAW is how it was intended to work.
>>
File: image.jpg (102KB, 404x507px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
102KB, 404x507px
>>49574464
> 25 point buy
> level 18 campaign
> at least one guy is gonna go wizzard
HELP ME
>>
>>49579873
Is he starting middle ages or old too?
>>
>>49578318
Dildo with explosive runes.
>>
>>49579664
They didn't fuck up on the table, they wanted to introduce separate 6th-level-maximum initiators. They wanted the maneuver equivalents of Bard casting, it's not hard to understand that.
>>
File: yourgay.jpg (36KB, 320x239px) Image search: [Google]
yourgay.jpg
36KB, 320x239px
>>49579818
Play IronClaw you filthy mayonnaise gargler furfag.
>>
>>49579818

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/races/3rd-party-races/rite-publishing/hengeyokai

Well, this lets you play one of those. Beyond that, your best bet is to play a special variant custom race with GM approval.
>>
File: 1456620812569.png (10KB, 320x310px) Image search: [Google]
1456620812569.png
10KB, 320x310px
>tfw you will never
>EVER
>Get to play a level 15+ campaign with Path of War

I just want to try out the end-game maneuvers, is that too much to ask?
>>
>>49579039
Vancian feels more ritualistic which is why it endures
Sphere stuff feels more like just "blast powers". X-Men stuff.
>>
>>49580022
Yes.
>>
>>49580022
Nobody actually wants prolonged game of high level
It is clear from the beginning of DnD that high level stuff was meant to be an exciting peak in character levels where you spend very little time before you quit.
So no GM wants to start there, where combat is silly and narrative strange.
>>
>>49574937
>Oneshotting anything is a shitty benchmark.
Not in a system that was built to play that way from the very beginning.
>>
>>49580089
No.
The encounter building rules have from the start been very lenient.
The system was never built how you think it was.
>>
Is psionics chopped liver now
>>
>>49580100
Psiwhat? You mean Psychic Magicâ„¢?
>>
>>49580076
>>49580073

What about level 11, is that too much to ask? Level 9? Where is the sweet spot where you can feel tough but still have room to grow in the narrative?

Why is level 15 rough in the narrative?
>>
>>49580098
The encounter building rules also don't threaten a party that isn't retarded until you either go well above their CR or use monsters whose CR is obviously a lie.
>>
>>49580128
I like starting at level 4. Level 1 is cancer
>>
>>49580135
You need to realize who Pathfinder and its content is created for.
>>
>>49580128
Becasue people don't know how to build enocunters for them. They think a CR 19 monster is an appropriate end boss for any party.

They don't look in the back of the Bestiary, and compare the party makeup to the monsters there. Skilled monsters are the best way to deal with casters because their abilities are often EX and they often have better senses and defenses than say, combat role monsters or spellcasting role monsters. That means casters don't have immediate 'stop them with a spell' tricks that work on them easily. Likewise, a party mostly of martials would be toasted by a CR 19 spell-role monster, yet would find a combat role monster a good challenge.

In other words, it's a lot of work to understand the party and how they work together at that level, and most GMs nowadays are lazy bastards. Computers made shit too easy and let people skip huge amounts of pertinent information that reading an actual book can give you.
>>
>>49580128
Lvl 15 people are already on level of kings when it comes to narrative status.
Good luck building up from that.
>>
>>49579873
Are you DMing or playing? If the former how often do you intend to use AMFs
>>
>>49580100
Other than the 3 Soulknife supplements that just came out and the psychic warrior and psicristals playtest, yep psionics is totally dead....
>>
>>49580196
Retards who are actively hostile to understanding mechanics?
>>
>>49580260
>What is Psionics Augmented: Occult, the new psionics series that has some of the most interesting mechanics we've seen in psionics ever
>>
File: image.jpg (180KB, 675x663px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
180KB, 675x663px
What level are the gods at?
>>
>>49580293
They aren't statted, to prevent players from teaching Iomedae how to be actually Lawful Good.
>>
>>49580210

Demigod > Emperor > King, easy. High-level adventurers are living legends and should conceivably be the primary safeguard against kingdom-wide or even continental threats.
>>
>>49580293
They aren't.
>>
>>49580314
Disappointing really. Got to the end of Iron Gods only to find out that Unity is a Solar with a couple friends, and she got chumped in about 3 rounds.
>>
File: 1449792915237.png (677KB, 1077x1035px) Image search: [Google]
1449792915237.png
677KB, 1077x1035px
>>49580314
>tfw you will never arrest Iomedae
>>
>>49580270
yeah yeah very witty
it is for people with little time at their hands
pathfinder is just a system to play the aps with
by people who do not have lot of free time anymore to custom build everything
not to mention spending time optimizing characters
>>
>>49580293
Closest thing you will find would be the Mantis God Achaekek, since he is not really a "true" deity but only kind of one.

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/outsiders/the-mantis-god
>>
>>49580293
Thank god paizo refuses to indulge the godkiller players
>>
>>49580135
>>49580196
read
>>49580197
and realize you're retarded beyond all measure for not reading the rules of the game you are trying to play.
>>
>>49580436

There are three phases every player goes through in tabletop; "I want to kill a god", "I want to become a god", and "I want to rule a kingdom."

Usually these happen in the order I gave them.
>>
>>49580448
CR is pretty clear about what it's supposed to do and a 'bandage' on it that outright admits that martials can't really do anything to monsters that aren't big, dumb beatsticks is not making it better.
>>
>>49580505
Sorry but this campaign starts at lvl 1
>>
File: Fleya.jpg (18KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
Fleya.jpg
18KB, 500x281px
>>49576096
>Sacred Geometry.
Jesus fucking christ.
I'm gonna force another party member to take that, and fuck with our DM.
>>
>>49580508
>I'll ignore this convient tool that is meant to help me design more effective and balanced encounters

Only in Pf.
>>
>>49580550
>I'll ignore that this tool doesn't work the way it's supposed to for the sake of an argument, that'll show them
>>
>>49580508
Hello
This is Dungeons and Dragons
What are you expecting again?
>>
File: Zero.png (443KB, 527x770px) Image search: [Google]
Zero.png
443KB, 527x770px
How do I make pic related if Path of War is allowed?

How do I make Caim and Angelus?
>>
>>49580647
What is the CR of the final boss?
>>
>>49580674
>What is the CR of the final boss?

There is no CR, the DM brings out drums and start a rhythm game.
>>
File: mio-laugh.jpg (40KB, 704x396px) Image search: [Google]
mio-laugh.jpg
40KB, 704x396px
>>49576096
>Hmmm, I've never heard of that feat; let me look it up
>roll a number of d6s equal to the number of ranks you possess in Knowledge (engineering). Perform some combination of addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division upon the numbers rolled that gives rise to one of the relevant prime constants
>mfw

Holy shit, that's on the order of magnitude of CthulhuTech's LOLPOKERDICE game mechanic.
>>
>>49579818
Animus, you furry cunt.
>>
>>49580721
The "drawback" is that as you rank up your Engineering it becomes less and less likely that you can apply this to lower levels spells, and you always risk losing your spell and your entire round on a failure.
>>
For an occultist who is intending to be the group's skillmonkey and go-to trap guy, what implement schools should I focus on? I know I'm taking Transmutation so I can be ded killy in combat, but besides that I'm not sure if it's better to start with Abjuration (dispel magic for magical traps), Necromancy (undead servants and familiars for a variety of uses), or Divination (it's divination, it's good).
>>
>>49580830
This, and you also have to be able to cast the level of spell that the spell would have been with the feats but without geometry, so you cant use it on your highest level spells, and you can't use it on your lowest level spells unless you intentionally lower your Engineering to keep it in the range. It's pretty niche, and also risks failure.
>>
>>49580830
What? I thought after 5 ranks it was guaranteed for the lower level spells/metamagic.
>>
File: VglJXiQ.png (32KB, 1156x237px) Image search: [Google]
VglJXiQ.png
32KB, 1156x237px
>>49580830
Not even close to true, see pic related. Also, people have written programs that instantly spit out all necessary operations based on your rolls.
>>
>>49580880
The lower numbers have a smaller number of viable combinations that can make them up, so the more dice you roll the less chance that you'll be able to have one of those.
Let's look at just 5 ranks, 6 4 4 5 4, how do you get a prime constant with that? 1 1 1 1 6, what then?

With more dice, in combination with the goal for a higher number to be reached for higher level spells, and the option to multiple or add or all that, it's much much easier to do, until you can't do it because you don't have the spell levels.
>>
>>49580912
The table suggests that you have a 100% chance of getting a prime constant to suit level 1 spells at 5 ranks, but as you can see from example rolls here >>49580977 that is untrue. I assume the majority of the table is untrue, based on this.
>>
>>49576096
The math for it is actually pretty easy and quick once you've used it a few times.
>>
>>49580912
>100% chance of success at 20 ranks for 9th level spells
>Twenty 1s
This table is wrong.
>>
>>49580977
>>49581005
>6 4 4 5 4
(4 - 4) * (4 + 6) + 5

>1 1 1 1 6
6 - (1 + 1 + 1) * 1
>>
>>49580977
>>49581005
Do you not understand that you can do any operation you want? Division and subtraction included?
>>
>>49580721

Sadly, it's pretty trivial to write programs that will do the maths for you, so if the DM doesn't force you to pen+paper it, it's basically just "Free metamagic forever"

So you have the choice of "waste several minutes each turn as the caster dicks around with some stupid numerology bullshit to confirm illuminati" or "Caster gets considerably more OP"

The only winning move is to not let anyone play with that feat.
>>
>>49581035
To keep track easily, I'm just going to condense that to numbers adding up to 20.
5 5 4 1 1 1 1 1 1

(5 * 4 * 5) + 1 * (1 ^ 5)
>>
File: 1423886617801.png (181KB, 303x311px) Image search: [Google]
1423886617801.png
181KB, 303x311px
>>49581005
>>49581035
In short, pic related.
>>
>>49581056
Fair enough, now get to 101, 103, or 107 with 20 1s.
>>
>>49581035
The numbers are obviously rounded, the probability of not succeeding with 20 rolls for 9th level spells is absurdly low.
>>
>>49581099

this anon >>49581079 did it already, friend.
>>
>>49581099
5*4*5+3-2*1
>>
>>49581079
You can't use exponents.
>>
>>49581116
That's condensed, it's just 1 * 1 * 1 * 1 * 1.
>>
>>49581116
Yes you can, 1*1*1*1*1 is 1^5. You can't just take a 5 and make it an exponent, but you can take your five ones and multiply them together for 1^5
>>
>>49581109
I'm the same anon that did the first two sets

>>49581102
No. It is mathematically certain; there is literally a 0% chance of failure after a certain point.

>>49581116
That was shorthand for (1 * 1 * 1 * 1 * 1) you dingus.
>>
>>49581126
>yes you can, you just can't
>>
>>49581079
Ooh, can we get it with 20 6s?
>>
>>49581141
You know you can.
>>
>>49581139
So you can't except for the fact that you actually know what exponents are and therefore can.
>>
>>49581076
It is really not meant to be solved with programs
Hell, it is a novelty feat all and all
>>
>>49581156
The only problem with that, is that you can't.
>>
>>49581163
So it's just meant to be a funslayer.
>>
>>49581174
They weren't actual exponents just shorthand multiplication...
>>
has anyone used DHB's unchained fighter? I want to but want to know how it has worked for others. How does it play? What tier is it? Is it even good? Pls help
>>
>>49574464
What are some fun 20th level classes/archetypes?
>>
>>49581163
If you don't solve it with a program, You'll be sitting around muckin' about like a bunch of idiots while the caster player freestyles his algebra homework.
>>
>>49581178
Yeah, pretty much.

>>49581163
The novelty of slowing down and breaking spellcasting even more.
>>
>>49581181
It's funny that you say it wasn't an exponent, because it was an exponent.
>>
>>49581178
Anything in Pathfinder can be a funslayer if the player decides so
>>
>>49581191
>you have a time limit on your round, like every logical person already does for all characters even without this feat
Wow that was hard.
>>
>>49581141

((((((((((((((((((6*6) *6) +6) -6) /6) /6) /6) +6) +6) +6) *6) +6) *6) -6) /6) -6) +6) -6) -6 = 107
>>
>>49581215
Just ban the feat.
>>
>>49581196
Would you have felt better if he'd written out 1*1*1*1*1?
>>
>>49581141
(6 * 6 + 6) + (6 * 6) + (6 * 6) - (6 + 6) - ((6 + 6 +6)/6) + ((6+6)/6) + ((6 - 6) * 6 * 6)

This one took me a little longer but I'm actually doing this without the program.
>>
>>49581191
>>49581192
Except it can be done once or twice and then everyone usually agrees not to use it again or that the wizard could not figure it out in time

It is pretty fucking common in DnD in general that all rules get on the fly houserules, are skewed somewhat or some other GM fuckery. This might be a rules heavy game, but not rules strict game.
>>
>>49581250
>>49581219
Yep, Once I wasn't dumb and realized that 6/6=1 it became easier.

>>49581252
If a feat is almost universally house-ruled/banned then it's bad design.
>>
>>49581235
>*rolls dice*
>I'll just use shorthand for this
>its 105
>no it's fine, shorthand works
I don't even understand why you're trying to argue that an exponent isn't an exponent, this baffles me. It plainly is an exponent. This is like saying "You got it!" in charades, and then saying "I know I was talking but I wasn't /really/ talking so it doesn't count."
>>
>>49581250

without the program, I get

( ( (6*6*6*6*6*6)-(6*6*6*6*6*6) + (6*6)+(6*6)+(6*6) - (6/6) = 107

pretty trivial, just throw away 12 of the 6s, use 6 more 6s to make 108, then two more to make 1, then subtract 1 from 108.

it would be a lot harder, imo, if they weren't all the same number.
>>
File: 1451304716975.png (220KB, 500x297px) Image search: [Google]
1451304716975.png
220KB, 500x297px
>>49581286
You're a doofus.
>>
>>49581333
>image
So you're admitting to acting stupid about this on purpose?
>>
>>49581286

nigga you dumb.

Say you roll 5 and 5.

You can't write 5^5, per the feat, because expontials are not an allowed operation.

But you totally could write 5^2, because that's literally, by definition the same thing as 5*5, which is allowed.
>>
>>49581364
Only its not, it's an exponent.

What you're saying is that saying "Yes" out loud in charades is totally fine because everyone knows what nodding means. You. Can't. Use. Exponents.
>>
>>49581390
You're entirely too fucking stupid.
>>
>>49581364
>because that's literally
Functionally and literally are not the same thing. Functionally they have the same result, but they're literally different. 5^2 is literally an exponent.
>>
>>49581410
It's not like I don't understand the math, I'm not stupid. I'm shocked that you think an exponent isn't an exponent, that's pretty fucking stupid.
>>
>>49581426
Well, yes, they are not the same characters written on the page, but they are absolutely mathematically equivalent.

>>49581390
Per the text
> Perform some combination of addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division upon the numbers rolled that gives rise to one of the relevant prime constants.

It never explicitly says anything along the lines of "DO NOT USE EXPONENTS". The use of multiplication is allowed. Ergo, the use of iterated multiplication is allowed, if multiple iterations of the same number are present in the dice rolls. Ergo, being mathematically identical, that specific use of exponents is allowed, when possible.
>>
>>49581512
Saying something is allowed because he text says it doesn't say it's not allowed is retarded.
>>
>>49581512
It also doesn't say that you can't take a shit on the map to OHKO the monster, but you can't do that either.
"It's equivilent" is not an argument, since the end result is also equivilent to the equation, but you still have to make the equation.
Is this really the place you want to move your goalposts to? You're changing away from "it's not an exponent" to "exponents are allowed anyways", and both statements are objectively false. What part of You can't use exponents is so complicated to you?
>>
This whole thing is retarded
>>
>>49581512
2+4 is mathematically equivilent to 1+5, but you can't do that if you didn't roll a 1 or a 5 either. Just because the sum is the same doesn't mean it fits the rules.

This conversation could have lasted 2 posts, but you decided to be a pissbaby and insist that rules change to fit how you like it instead of admitting a simple mistake.
>>
>>49581564
>"It's equivilent" is not an argument, since the end result is also equivilent to the equation, but you still have to make the equation.
>>49581630

Original mathanon here.

If you're going to be that strict, then
>(5 * 4 * 5) + 1 * (1 ^ 5)
would have to be written as
>[(1 + 1 + 1 + 1 +1) * (1 + 1 + 1 + 1) * (1 + 1 + 1 + 1 +1)] + 1 * (1 * 1 * 1 * 1 * 1)
>>
>>49581667
Yes, that is accurate. I'm glad you finally understand where you made the mistake.
>>
>>49580293
There a Mythic Rank monster called an "elohim", which literally translates as "God" in Hebrew...
>>
> Worship Cixyron
> Take Crusader's Flurry
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/general-feats/crusader-s-flurry
> FLURRY WITH A FUCKING MUSKET

Am I reading this right? I mean of course you'd need Rapid Reload and cartridges to make those shots but it's possible, innit?
>>
>>49581693
My last post before that one was >>49581250

You're arguing with some other anon. Like I said in that post and here >>49581127 I was using shorthand.
>>
>>49581700
It's actually the plural form of god, use to reffernto god-like powered beings.
>>
I was thinking to make my familiar earn it's chow by making it attempt to intimidate foes to demoralize them.

Are there any spells that help with that?
>>
>>49581630
>>49581531
>>49581447
Dude. You are one of the stupidest people I've yet seen on the internet, though that is almost solely personal bias.

In nearly any mathematical field, you will see (x+1)(x+1) written as (x+1)^2 in nearly EVERY MATHEMATICAL FIELD ABOVE ALGEBRA.

The core function REMAINS THE SAME. The variables given, REMAIN THE SAME.

Let's take what he posted, and replace each number with a corresponding letter, in terms of the alphebet.

He had 5 5 4 1 1 1 1 1 1, which, in this case, we'll replace with e e d a a a a a a, e=5, d=4, a=1,

(e * d * e) + a * (a ^ 5)
is the exact same as
( e * d * e ) + a * a * a * a * a * a

In any class above middle school algebra, you will see a * a * a * a * a * a written as a^6.
>>
>>49581723
Wrong, that's "Elim". El is the singular for god, Elohim is God with a capital G.
>>
>>49581722
And that was equally wrong, but you weren't a spergord about it, and admitted that it was the wrong but faster way. You didn't insist that exponents are a social construct or that they were technically allowed because they weren't specifically prohibited, or anything else retarded like that.
>>
>>49581761
Nearly every field, but not this one.
You're explaining the math to me like I don't know how exponents work. I know, and i know they're not allowed here. This isnt complicated.
>>
File: 1393805997466.jpg (154KB, 491x521px) Image search: [Google]
1393805997466.jpg
154KB, 491x521px
>ITT
>>
Everyone who continues taking the bait is dumb.
>>
>>49581761
Mate, in algebra classes you're not restricted from using certain functions, like you are right now.
>>
What could have been
>5^2
>you can't use exponents
>I know, but it's faster

What we got instead
>5^2
>you cant use exponents
>exponents are a social construct, the rules say exponents are okay, I'm not stupid you're stupid, it's not an exponent your eyes aren't real
>>
On a non-exponent related topic, what's your favorite spell? Favorite feat?
>>
File: Bird dance.gif (932KB, 258x258px) Image search: [Google]
Bird dance.gif
932KB, 258x258px
>>49581987
>Favorite feat
Arithmancy
>>
>>49581987
Mathematical curse and sacred geometry.
>>
Playing a Half-Elf Lunar Oracle, took the trait for longsword proficiency, just hit level 5, and I'm probably stuck using 1pp for the most part in a RotRL game that's almost done with the first book. Aside from the dex-dumping trick and "get the tiger companion", what are some hot tips for playing and building a Lunar Oracle? All I have for backup is an unoptimized transmutation wizard, who'll probably ramp up in a few levels anyway, I just gotta get her there in one piece.

If I take up my GM's offer of being allowed leadership at 7, what's a nice, simple safety net class I can take as a cohort, if I don't just get a premade?
>>
File: 1473478029677.gif (851KB, 500x272px) Image search: [Google]
1473478029677.gif
851KB, 500x272px
>>49582002
>>49582008
U smug lil shits.
>>
>>49581987
>Favourite Spell
Heroic Fortune, cheap hero points are useful for getting out of a sticky situation.
That or Shining Blade, but thats mostly becuase of Wave Motion Strike.
>Favourite Feat
Sacred Summons
>>
>>49582014
>level 5
>RotRL game that's almost done with the first book

You're only supposed to be level 4 at the start of the second book.
>>
File: 1467316886822.png (292KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1467316886822.png
292KB, 800x800px
>>49581967
Hello, friendos. I need some help. This is my first PF campaign, and I want to be a Gripplis so goddamn bad. I just have no idea what class to use. We're allowing stuff from all expansions, as well. I was considering Ninja, Bard, Vigilante, or Cavalier/Samurai. The thing is, with Cav/Sam, I wanted to know if Gripplis would be viable at all with their small size and lessened Strength. Also, any other suggestions would be appreciated. I have no clue what I'm doing here.
>>
>>49582014
Why did you take the trait for proficiency when you can just use an "Elven" longsword? Or the exotic and ever amazing Elven curved blade?
>>
/pfg/, what Magus spells besides Snowball and Scorching Ray should a Eldritch Archer Hexcrafter perpare?
>>
>>49582056
So? DMs can change the power level of enemies, ya know.
>>
>>49581797
Numbers aren't allowed, because x=x^1
>>
>>49582056

I suspect there may be some issue with the number of XP awarded in the anniversary edition, because my group also hit level 5 at the end of the first book.

It should balance out later, anyway, since the XP between levels grows.
>>
>>49582111
What even is this leap in logic.
>>
This is probably the dumbest thread I've ever seen, and I saw Giacomo argue that wand using monks were better than casters.
>>
>>49582153
Well, in perfect conditions that could be argued true...
>>
>>49582153
You missed the thread earlier this week when we were using stats to determine penis size and length.

That one got pruned.
>>
File: 1473824257829.jpg (133KB, 1153x945px) Image search: [Google]
1473824257829.jpg
133KB, 1153x945px
>>49581797
>this nigga
>he's fucking serious
Typical Burgerclap education everyone.
>>
>>49582181
Well yeah, the conditions being the wizard being a dumbass and arguing about exponents.
>>
>>49582193

I don't know, that one seemed pretty straightforward and got a number of people interested.
>>
>>49582117
There's an infobox at the end of Burnt Offerings saying that players could be pushing into fifth level by the time they finish it, advising GMs that players don't need to do *everything* and that you can start Skinsaw Murders a little earlier if need be.

>>49582083
I mean, being fifth instead of third also means everyone has another spell level under their belt, which could have an impact outside of combat as well.

>>49581931
I am pretty sure I remember being told in some lessons not to use some functions or formulas, the intent being to get you used to newer materials.
>>
in ROTRL, my group is at the clocktower thing in the second book. We are planning to dimension door to the top of the tower, and speedrun it in reverse, from the top down. Hopefully shit will be cash.

Assuming everyone friggin shows up tomorrow.
>>
>>49582193
>>49582237
I'm interested now. Is it anything like the Diplomancer we had that had breast size as (CHA + CON) /2?
>>
>>49582312

Something like that, but with an additional randomness factor that had a lot of people using the roll function with alternately terrifying and hilarious results. However, some were less than amused, and two threads were destroyed outright so as to forcibly change the subject.

Speaking of, what's everybody's favorite actual psionic class?
>>
If jolly is around, In the mercurial duelist under Ancestral Weapon it just says "This ability the 1st level social talent."

What does this even mean
>>
>>49582387
Do PrCs count?

If so, then Uncarnate.

Because it's just cool.
>>
File: IMG_1059.jpg (95KB, 640x582px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1059.jpg
95KB, 640x582px
>>49574464
So I have a problem. There's a battlefield where demons and devils duke it out for domination. Yet demons and devils look interchangeable. How is anyone supposed to identify friend from foe? If GM changed their appearance to keep them straight, what should be the difference? Pics explaining solutions are welcome.
>>
Rolled 3, 3 + 2 = 8 (2d4 + 2)

>>49582387
Tiefling random trait roll.
>>
>>49582056
>>49582083
There's only 2 PCs. Instead of just doing gestalt, he opted to just leave the exp track on fast.
inb4 >using exp

>>49582063
Because Half-Elves don't have elven weapon familiarity by default, and I took Kindred-raised for the extra Cha instead of going for the proficiencies.
>>
>>49582062
A dex-based Gipli Magus could work, as would most dex-based classes. I feel like Bard would be the most intresting, from a character building standpoint. Taking Agile Tongue would open your character up to some intresting debuffing, so a Warpriest might be intresting. Either way, I would recommend a dex-focused build.

Also, sorry that the thread has been taken over by exponents.
>>
>>49582405
>Yet demons and devils look interchangeable.

To you, maybe. But a Devil would sure know a Devil from a Demon.
>>
>>49582303
Is your DM aware of this? Because it could vastly change how things are supposed to play out.
>>
>>49582405

As I understand it, the ones actually acting like an army would be the devils, and the ones just going utterly apeshit would be the demons.
>>
>>49582387
If PrC count, I'd say metaforge. Fluff wise, feels extremely fun, and is most entirely self-sufficient. Gestalt with Cleric to get complete freedom from gear.
>>
>>49582405
Paizo muddied the waters here. Devils are supposed to look mostly human but with weird skin colors and horns/wings/etc. Demons look more monstrous, with the exception of succubi (who are shapeshifters anyway).
>>
What tier would any given wizard be if their spell selection was limited to 1 school, or possibly a few, gaining access to new schools as they leveled up, and treating all the schools they didn't have either as they do now (two slots to prepare) or outright uncastable?

I'm sure I'm not the first person to think of this, so I guess I'm asking why doesn't this work as a way to balance wizards. I'm aware there are a lot of variables here, but couldn't casters generally be made balanced against lower tier classes by giving them a much more limited spell selection?
>>
>>49582503
I don't believe that was ever the case, even before paizo.
>>
>>49582442
>>49582460
>>49582503
>>49582531
Pick a clear aesthetic for each side, post pictures of examples, while explaining the obvious differences. Please.
>>
>>49582531
All devils are humanoid. Not all demons are humanoid (and they're more likely to look deformed or have claws and fangs).
>>
>>49582512
Transmuters and Conjurors are tier 1. Everyone else is Tier 3.
>>
>>49582452

Yeah, I told him last week for precisely that reason.
>>
>>49582592
>hellcats
>>
>>49582435
Ayy, thanks man. Are debuffs powerful in PF? I'm a 5e baby where we just try to bonk something for the most damage possible.
>>
>>49582577
http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/MM35_gallery/MM35_PG51.jpg

http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/MM35_gallery/MM35_PG52.jpg

http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/MM35_gallery/MM35_PG57.jpg

http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/MM35_gallery/MM35_PG53.jpg

http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/MM35_gallery/MM35_PG55.jpg
>>
>>49582303
Should help a lot.
>>
>>49582577
I'm on my phone so I can't post pictures... but the answer is that devils and demons have specific forms. And ALWAYS have those forms. There's no real differences in appearance.

A demon knows who his fellows are because they're particular types of demons. A devil knows who his fellows are because they're particular types of devils. The same goes for things like archon, azata, angels, inevitables...

These beings are cosmic constants. They always look the same in broad strokes.
>>
>>49580053
That's a good way of putting it. The main problems people have with Vancian are usually:
-poor balance
-blasting sucks
-too much bookkeeping from spells (or too few spells known if spontaneous)
-you can't get the spells you want (why is there no higher level version of Mage Armor in PF? Or Magic Missile?)
All of these could be fixed. As much as I hate 5e, they did actually manage to address some of these issues.
>>
>>49582665
So basically "You can tell a demon from a devil like how you tell a human from an orc"
>>
> Sacred Fist/Warpriest doesn't have access to domain spells
It'd be exactly what I wanted if it did...
>>
Do PoW stances work the same way as styles where you cannot activate them outside of combat?

I'm asking because some stances like running hunter's stance and body of the night would otherwise be pretty crappy if it worked like that.
>>
>>49582622
> Outsider
> Not Devil
>>
>>49582622
Correction: all baatezu are humanoid. Hellcats live in Baator but aren't baatezu.
>>
>>49582627
Debuffs are amazing in PF. At mid to high levels you can Save or Suck enemies to take them out of fights more efficiently than with damage.
>>
File: 1466891881148.jpg (121KB, 627x782px) Image search: [Google]
1466891881148.jpg
121KB, 627x782px
>>49582705
All Outsiders are the same. They should just be eradicated, not one good thing has come from Outsiders trying to stick their nose in the Material Plane.
>>
>>49582627
There are some debuffs that are absurdly good (basically fully locked down and as good as dead) and some don't amount to anything at all in play. You have to decide case-by case.
>>
>>49582702

>Stances are initiated as a swift action. A stance remains in effect indefinitely and is never expended. The benefit of your chosen stance continues until you change to another stance you know as a swift action.

Sounds like they're on all the time. Initiators need some utility too, you know?
>>
File: Aasimar Paladin (TARGETE).jpg (144KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
Aasimar Paladin (TARGETE).jpg
144KB, 900x600px
>>49582747
Even Assimar?
>>
File: Laws_of_Man.jpg (83KB, 709x1197px) Image search: [Google]
Laws_of_Man.jpg
83KB, 709x1197px
>>49582747
>t. Kalim Onaku
>>
>>49582814
If you're born here that's Material enough. Your dad has to go back though.
>>
>>49582631
Without reading the monster manual there is no way to determine whether those are demons or devils or ponder how they are related.

>>49582665
It doesn't matter what cookie cutter castes they have in the monster manual. If you were designing all demons and devils from scratch, what motifs would you pick for each side so you could tell them apart at a glance?
>>
>>49582702
>>49582772
Stances are basically deactived three ways.
1) When you switch to a new one
2) When you go to rest
3) When you end it as a free action

Generally, if you have your weapon out, you have your stance up and ready.
>>
>>49582881
Yeah, requiring martials to use a swift action to activate 1pp style feats in every combat is basically a minor but completely pointless inconvenience.

What it does do, I suppose, is give you the opportunity to say something like "I enter kraken style" or whatever every time there's a fight, but i can't imagine anyone is interested in doing that with something like grabbing style.
>>
>>49582944
Bothers the shit out of anyone who uses Kirin Style though. Takes a lot of swift actions.
>>
File: 1268002763808.jpg (49KB, 339x500px) Image search: [Google]
1268002763808.jpg
49KB, 339x500px
>>49582695
If you swapped one of the Stalker disciplines for Golden Lion, and took Cleric levels, a Battle Templar could do it.

>http://www.d20pfsrd.com/path-of-war/classes/stalker
>http://www.d20pfsrd.com/path-of-war/prestige-classes/battle-templar
>>
>>49582770
>>49582740
Any personal recommendations? I'm still going through the SRD to try and check out everything, but that's a ton of information to take in at once.
>>
>>49582153
Fuck I hated Giacomo so much. It was borderline impossible to have anything close to a good discussion on anything related to Wizards or Monks when he was posting because he would immediately derail the thread when he posted and the fact that the mods left him alone for years while banning everyone who disagreed with him or showed proof he was wrong certainly didn't fucking help.
>>
>>49582740
Only issue is that enemy saves tend to be so fucking high that it doesn't matter.
>>
>>49582814
ESPECIALLY Aasimer.
>>
>>49583070
If they're an Outsider, maybe, and Outsiders have lower HD on average.
>>
>>49583098
When I last did an AP all enemies we'd want to bother using stuff like that on had saves where they only needed to roll like 5's to succeed.

Same applied to us though.
>>
>>49583019
Well it depends on which class you end up going for.

The Magus, ironically, is actually best at hitting for insane amounts of damage because of the limitations of his spell list.

If you go for the Bard, things like Hold Person, Dominate Person, and other useful enchantments.

The best debuffing class by far is the Witch though. Their hexes can give them things like Slumber at will, while their spells almost exclusively target saves.

>>49583070
Only if you target the wrong one. Target Reflex for big bastards, Will for dumb bastards, and Fort for magical bastards.
>>
File: wizard female.jpg (104KB, 884x1000px) Image search: [Google]
wizard female.jpg
104KB, 884x1000px
>>49583082
Instead of targeting the Outsiders, why not get rid of the Summoners?
>>
>>49582312

Azlanti and Hermean: 2d8
Ulfen: 2d6
Mwangi: 2d5
Taldan, Kellid, Chelish, Keleshite and Garundi: 2d4
Vuldra and Tien: 2d3

Add natural CON and you get the length. Aasimar were confirmed for 2d6 and Tieflings were a monstrous 2d10 due to gross demonic excess and exotic packages.

Cup size was determined rolling as above, but dividing the result by 2.
>>
>>49583450
She looks like a wizard-stripper, who wizards tip by tucking scrolls into her clothes.
>>
>>49583492
>Azlanti and Hermean: 2d8

That seems a little big, don't you think? I'd make it something more reasonable, like 2d6 alongside the Ulfen.
>>
>>49583640
Azlanti are considered to be the peak of human potential and Hermean are selectively bred for the best human traits.
>>
>>49583510
That sounds more plausible than the "Magic Item Warehouse" that Wizards buy scrolls from.
>>
>>49583691
Yeah, but Hermeans are also known to have defects due to their eugenics, as shown in their race traits that they can have. 2d6 seems more reasonable.
>>
More PoW questions:
>You do not provoke attacks of opportunity when you initiate a stance or maneuver unless otherwise stated in its description. However, some maneuvers allow for movement, the ability to charge, or take other actions that can provoke attacks of opportunity. These actions provoke attacks of opportunity as normal unless specifically stated otherwise in the maneuver's description.

Do I or Do I not provoke an AoO for attempting a pommel bash while not having improved unarmed strike?
>>
>>49583492
>>49583640
>>49583691
>>49583736
pls no purgerino
>>
>>49583753
What's the text of pommel strike?
>>
Rolled 5, 5 + 2 = 12 (2d10 + 2)

>>49583492
Oh, was it 2d10? Asura roll.
>>
>>49583736

The race traits have defects? Only one I can recall is a penalty to sense motive, and that's due less to a faulty education and more that Hermeans are raised in a society where lying or having malicious intent is simply unfathomable.

What reason is there to lie and cheat in paradise?
>>
>>49583779
The disciple makes a surprise elbow strike to the foe that leaves them reeling. The initiator makes an unarmed attack against the target's flat-footed armor class, and the blow inflicts 1d6 points of additional damage. Creatures immune to sneak attacks and critical hits are unaffected by this extra damage.
>>
>>49583811
Welp!

By the RAW, yeah. You do.
>>
>>49583715

Tohsaka Rin pleases old men for money!
>>
>>49583837
I dunno. It says you make the attack against their flat-footed AC, and creatures can't make AoOs if they're flat footed. Anything else in your reach could, though.
>>
>>49583955
Nah. Resolving against flatfooted AC doesn't mean they're actually flatfooted.
>>
File: Criza.jpg (82KB, 900x877px) Image search: [Google]
Criza.jpg
82KB, 900x877px
We're on page 6.

New Thread:

>>49583988
>>49583988
>>49583988
>>49583988
>>
File: shutupmeg.jpg (311KB, 1029x850px) Image search: [Google]
shutupmeg.jpg
311KB, 1029x850px
>>49576302
Level 4, 6000 gp
>>49578690
Not big on begging gms.
Thread posts: 328
Thread images: 47

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.