[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Warcraft Lore and RPG Discussion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 314
Thread images: 33

File: malf.png (21KB, 885x453px) Image search: [Google]
malf.png
21KB, 885x453px
Don't Believe Xe'ra's Lies edition

Discuss the viability of the Warcraft setting, story, and lore, for a tabletop game.

Previous thread: >>49508772
>>
>>49555078
Wondering how to port Demonology Warlock and Shadow Priest to Pathfinder or even BESM.
>>
File: 143407875436.jpg (26KB, 390x354px) Image search: [Google]
143407875436.jpg
26KB, 390x354px
Reposting because fuck it.

>>49554440
>>49554386

>tfw Aliden was trying to rebuild after the war and prove the Kingdom wasn't full of traitors
>Aiden just shits on it again by giving the Horde an artifact from Dalaran after somehow casually strolling into Dalaran's chambers
>Aiden gets thrown in jail
>dies in the RPG but never gets a death in any game or novel

I wonder if Aiden is still alive. Aliden got ganked in vanilla for sure. I want to see the Alliance trust this guy again only for him to give aid to the Horde.
>>
>>49555148
>Wondering how to port Demonology Warlock
stat up some imps and dreadstalkers and create a spell that summons them?
>>
>>49555165
>>Aiden just shits on it again by giving the Horde an artifact from Dalaran after somehow casually strolling into Dalaran's chambers
novels were a mistake
then, now and always
>>
>>49555148
>Demonology Warlock
Summoner? Mechanically almost same shit

>Shadow Priest
Madness domain cleric
>>
File: Bolvar_Fordragon_comic.jpg (430KB, 961x1135px) Image search: [Google]
Bolvar_Fordragon_comic.jpg
430KB, 961x1135px
I want Lich King Bolvar to become a major character.

A non-raid one, ideally.
>>
>>49555311

I hope he forces Kel'thuzad to serve him. So we don't have to raid him again.
>>
>>49555148
For Pathfinder, Vitalist's (3rd party psionic class in SRD) methods are suspiciously similar to priest specs... one heals, one creates shields to mitigate damage and the last one drains enemy health and gives it to the caster and his party.

Of course, with class details changing in every WoW expansion, it may no longer fit.
>>
>>49555148
Demonology warlock I've had ideas for in 3.5.

With a sorcerer, conjuration focus, and maybe diabolist from book of vile darkness or malconvoker from complete scoundrel.
With a warlock, get to 12 warlock for the "craft anymagic item regardless of spells" thing, grab "scribe scroll," max out use magic device, high charisma, then use tons of scrolls for an army of demons. Planar Binding will act for an actual pet.

Adapt these for pathfinder, I guess?
>>
>>49555480
Maybe we'll raid him and at the end he'll be forced to serve instead of dying for the 4th time
>>
>>49555480
Lich King Kel'Thuzad when?
>>
>>49557540
>yfw he tells everyone to go fuck themselves and teleports out.
>>
File: mfw nachos.png (118KB, 327x265px) Image search: [Google]
mfw nachos.png
118KB, 327x265px
>>49557928
>>
>implying kel'thuzad won't come back with arthas when legion flounders.
>>
File: 1390255291941.jpg (86KB, 658x509px) Image search: [Google]
1390255291941.jpg
86KB, 658x509px
Who is your slutmog character?
>>
>>49558496
>not sure if someone saved my cap or made it themself
>>
>>49555311
I'd like that a lot. I personally like the idea of Pandaren, DKs and Demon hunters being factionless. None of them should have any overriding loyalty to a faction given their tasks/place in the world. Bolvar leads the third faction and the remnants of Arthas in the helm lead to sweet banter with Illidan and everyone else.
>>
>>49555311
Wish granted. He'll be 5-man dungeon character.
>>
>>49560435
My priest wears black mageweave leggings under her robe.
>>
>>49560945
SLUT
LUTS
UTSL
TSLU
>>
>>49560984
Anon, are you having a stroke?
>>
>>49560943
>Ner'zhul is a 5 man boss
>Dia "figuratively whom" Darkwhisper is the Shadowmoon representative on the Hellfire High Council alongside Gurtogg Bloodboil and Juebei'thos
literally why was this allowed
>>
How many people here have seen the warcraft adventures playthrough or played the game itself?

I thought it was great in that they kept the general feel of Warcraft 2 but expanded on the characteristics of the Horde.

I haven't seen the cinematics, though. If anybody has those, I'd appreciate a link.
>>
>>49561154
That was especially disappointing when Ner'zhul gave such a "Time is but a window, death is but a doorway, I'll be back" vibe when you beat him.
>>
Would it be uncreative to run a campaign in pf or dungeon world or something else using world of warcraft storylines like starting in Northshire, going to the Fargo deep mine, killing hogger, going to Westfall to quell the defias, going to Redridge to quell orcs, going to plague lands to quell undead, then finishing off in Naxxramas?

I've been thinking if a similar thing using the horde side for ending in AQ
>>
>>49561665
>my power will ripple across.. eternity
>is never relevant ever again
GUL'DANED
>>
>>49561665
he is waiting on farhalon.
>>49561534
its on scrolls of lore.
>>
>>49561837
What you just said amounted to:
"Would it be uncreative to copy this?" to which the answer is yes.
>>
>>49555078
who made this?
>>
Can any fragon be, given enough time, become as big as, say Senegos, or are some fated to stay "mount-sized" which are often called drakes?
>>
>>49561665
>AU Ner'zhul's soul finds its way to Azeroth
>joins MU Ner'zhul's soul inside Lich King crown
>BTFO Bolvar, now LK is two Ner'zhuls
>>
>>49562068
Some might just be dragonlets. People who did UBRS in Vanilla saved a little whelp named Awby. Awby shows up as a full-sized dragon to assist you in Nu-UBRS.
>>
File: li li.png (5KB, 360x417px) Image search: [Google]
li li.png
5KB, 360x417px
>>49562019
an unnamed drawfag from the Heroes of the Storm general on /vg/
he also made this IIRC
>>
>>49562092
That's so bad you could get hired by blizzard.
>>
>>49562386
We can make it better!
>Scourge never advances because the Ner'zhul's argue like an old married couple
>>
>>49562434
Rhonins son(who looks just like Kna- Rhonin) time travels back in the future to stop Double Ner'Zhul from arguing, because they need to redeem themselves so they can become paladin demon hunters and fight the void lords.
Kid Rhonin also marries Mave Whisperwind.
>>
>>49561154
>>49561665
Cut content to make way for LEGION
>>
File: sG756.gif (1MB, 977x918px) Image search: [Google]
sG756.gif
1MB, 977x918px
>>49562141
>Heroes of the Storm general on /vg/
But that's a Dota 2 doodle
>>
>>49563119
nah, you can tell it's Heroes of the Storm and not Dota 2 because Malfurion doesn't have Downs
>>
>>49563147
Is that Illidan or Bloodsuka in the bush?
>>
So guys are there two Archimondes or is there only one that covers every timeline? If so that makes no sense whatsoever. How is Archimonde expected to destroy Azeroth in ever timeline by himself.
>>
>>49563211
Maybe
>>
>>49563211
never take anything Alex "isn't Falstad dead" Afrasiabi says at face value
>>
>>49563119
>>49563194
it's illidan, and those are malfurion and tyrande
>>
>>49563246

But Metzen is the one who said the Falstad thing.
>>
>>49563119
its a dota 1 doodle.
>>
>>49563894
it's a /hotsg/ drawing you double nigger why are you this dense
>>
>>49563930
ITS A DOTA 1 DOODLE
FURION IS THE PROPHET OF NATURE
>>
>>49564089
More like profit of nature
>>
>>49564274
GOOD OL' DAYS SINCE [Date where humans and orcs started cutting down trees, triggering the night elves and disturbing Tyrande's sandy vagina]
>>
>>49564294
>Tyrande's sandy vagina
I'm mildly certain she fucked every creature, plant and other inanimate object near her vicinity out of sheer boredom
>>
>>49560638
Yeah, the Ebon Blade being semi-independent is part of the fun of playing a Death Knight. Plus, I just love there being a somewhat active Lich King again, and him speaking to the Death Knights once more.

Ideally, he'll stay as a somewhat well-intentioned extremist, and stat away from full villainy. At least for a while.

The Ebon Blade kinda leaning into Scourge Lite territory again is fun to me, in part because the Scourge was my favorite faction in Warcraft III.
>>
>>49564333
Bolvar's headbuddies are acting up, though
>>
>>49564318
Could you blame her? Hell, I'd probably do the same thing. Eternity gets boring when your fucktoy's stuck dreaming.

Did she fugg the hydralisk hidden in the corner of the map
>>
>>49564489
the olny thing she hasn't fugged in Kalimdor is C'thun and even that I'm not so sure
>>
>>49564955
The only thing she hasn't fugged is Illidan
>>
>>49564447
Yeah, but I feel like Blizzard won't do Wrath 2.0. I think they'll stick with Lich Bolvar being on the okay side for the time being.

At most, if Lich Bolvar does take a turn for the worse, it'll probably just be a 5-man or even a Death Knight-exclusive scenario.

That said, I hope he doesn't become an enemy.
>>
>>49564089
yeah but it's literally a request to a drawfag from /hotsg/
>>
>>49565014
Nah

She fucked him over the hardest
>>
File: Metzen.gif (901KB, 360x202px) Image search: [Google]
Metzen.gif
901KB, 360x202px
>>49563883
>>
>>49564489
Nah, Malfs almost-demigod dick is the reason why she is faithful to him. All the bad decisions and her terrible temper are caused by her being chronically underfucked
>>
File: WHORE.png (490KB, 477x565px) Image search: [Google]
WHORE.png
490KB, 477x565px
>>49560435
I can't stand using a slutmog but all of my plate wearers are belfs with consortium plated legguards so they look like they actually have an ass
>>
So is Xe'ra some affirmative action bullshit or something? Because the more of these quests I do, the more the wind chime seems like a retard. It clearly has some sort of mental disability.

>>49566508
That made me laugh more than it really should have.
>>
>>49567573
>So is Xe'ra some affirmative action bullshit or something? Because the more of these quests I do, the more the wind chime seems like a retard. It clearly has some sort of mental disability.
It's either a total retard, or as some here have speculated, a villain in disguise.
>>
>>49562068
What I find more interesting is that some drakes are apparently non-sapient. Some quests around Coldarra and Dragonblight suggested that, and it's not a matter of age: we've seen intelligent whelps.

It may be leftovers from Dragonmaw's brood from Second War, it was mostly red dragons in WoW and in Day of the Dragon, it was mentioned Alexstrasza somehow made the dragons hatch retarded, but it's an interesting thing anyway.
>>
>>49563211
Alternative timelines are highly unstable.
Those are the exactly the same demons.
Powerful magic from Kairozdormu's artifact kept it stable enough, and connecting it to Dark Portal ensured its existence.
>>
>>49567573
To me, she sounds like a stoner New Age Hippie. I half-expected her to stop narrating Illidan's life and try to push patchouli/ healing crystals on me, or start a spiel on the medicinal properties of marijuana.

>>49567686
>Well, they're gonna chain me down in this funky old dwarf fort, and have my consort rape me 24/7 so that they can ride my kids around?
>Let's see how they like them retarded dragons!
>>
>>49562092
Does he have to do a fusion dance? Or use the earrings?
>>
>>49567600
>>49567573
The surface shines bright concealing the shadows below
>>
>>49568171
Xe'ra is dead. How did a Naaru died without becoming dark?
>>
>>49568171
My friends thinks it speaks of Halls of Valor, because Odyn is a dick, but there's no mystery there. He's just a dick
>>
>>49569644
because Xe'ra is actually N'zoth
>>
>coerced into buying legion
>duel someone to show off your strength during the departure
>obliterate requires onehanded weapon
Really blizzard?
Really?
>>
>>49570817

Frost DK artifact is two one-handers, they really don't want you not using your artifacts because all their class/spec tuning is based on them.
>>
>>49570817
>obliterate requires onehanded weapon
u wot
>>
Lads, how do I hide my helmets and shoulders?
>>
>>49571539
The invisible option at the transmog station.
>>
>>49571539
wrong thread
>>
>>49571561
>basic functionality present in the game since the start.
>lets put it in the Tmog station
T-thanks blizz.
>>
>>49571573
sorry bud.

Any idea about rune magic?
did the scourge pick it up from the vrykul?
Is it related to the legion since the legion made frostmourne?
>>
>>49571635
Rune magic is titan in origin. Vrykul are plausible vector to get it to the Scourge, or perhaps they got it from some minor titan facility/artifact
>>
>>49571635
I think rune magic has changed and been forgotten a few times.

I've seen it referred to as safer arcane magic.
Titanic connections, I think around the time Taurens and Dwarves met the dwarves willingly shared their knowledge of runes, Taurens had known about runic magic in the past, but had forgotten them.
I think there's a mention on the tauren chieftan how the chieftan carries around the clans totems on his back which have powerful runes on them.

Runic magic seems to be part of ritualistic spells even if the caster doesn't have any titanic connection or have learned it that way.
Gul'dan put up runes in the tomb of Sargeras.
The high elves had their runestones.

The ogre mages after the runestone of caer darrow placed runes on the ground that exploded.

As for the scourge I think getting it through Vrykul who got it through titans makes sense, but I don't know if you need to justify it that way.
Shamans on draenor like Ner'zhul may have had some discovered some arcane knowledge of runes themselves and used them for rituals.
>>
>>49571635
Runes is natural magic that's always active
>>
Reading on warcraft rpg.

Runes need to be empowered with magic, but they don't need to be drawn or carved by the same person.
So you could if you were a runecaster who had power over people, like serfs, followers or whatever.
You could have them carve and write the runes for you, while you just go and empower them.
>>
>first time the alliance meets a DK character.
>pretty long side quest chain that starts with a concerned sister looking for her dead brother.
>you meet him in a scourge ziggurat holding off an undead force and torturing a lich with his pet because he needs the info

>first time the alliance meets a DH character.
>"I HAVE GIVEN EVERYTHING, WHAT HAVE YOU SACRIFICED?"
>ABLOOBLOO, MY FEET HURT BECAUSE OF THE EDGE I WALK ON!

How are DKs so much cooler than DHs?
>>
>>49571955
>DK Runes
>On the blade to make it more powerful, sensible, wears an armor to protect himself
>DH Runes
>CAAARVING ON MY SKIN
>>
File: 1443637696668.jpg (20KB, 500x367px) Image search: [Google]
1443637696668.jpg
20KB, 500x367px
>>49571955
Probably the frost spec
>>
>>49572060
Fuck you, Carlos.
>>
File: Typical DK in Wrath.jpg (67KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
Typical DK in Wrath.jpg
67KB, 700x700px
>>49571955
Different types of edge.

DK's were forcibly raised into service of the Lich King. We don't see many struggling with the urge to submit into being a semi-mindless killing machine.

DH's willingly submitted to training and self-mutilation, knowing fully well the end result. We also see Demon Hunter NPC's lose their struggle with their inner demon and drink the Legion kool-aid left and right.

People also like to forget how much DK's were hated when they came out.
>>
File: lichkingjaina.jpg (364KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
lichkingjaina.jpg
364KB, 1920x1200px
>>49572767
>People also like to forget how much DK's were hated when they came out.

Which bugs me, as a Death Knight roleplayer. Part of the fun of being one is being widely hated, especially since the Third War and events of WotLK really weren't that long ago. Hell, people in the real world are pissed over things that happened before their lifetime, nevermind roughly a decade ago.

Shit, the Scourge wiped an entire kingdom off the face of the map (very nearly two) almost entirely through genocide and desecration, and made more than half of the Lordaeron continent, about 1/3 of the Eastern Kingdoms, virtually unlivable.

Sure, most Death Knights were involuntary servants of the Lich King brainwashed to do his bidding; some people may get that. Hell, a lot might. But there's still going to be a fair amount of animosity towards them, even if it's a quick feeling of anger of revulsion that's overridden by understanding.

Thankfully, of the 8~ actives in my guild, there is one that is strongly opposed to my character, and the others are universally against him doing anything too necromantic, so there's a little abrasion for me to work off of in order for things to be fun.
>>
>>49572849
>Part of the fun of being one is the animosity a lot of them should endure

Don't know what happened to my grammar there.
>>
>>49572767
I was talking about the NPC dks.
Also that pic is relevant now.
>>
>>49572849
>Ner'zhul is inside jaina
DRAENED
>>
File: 1469828288156.jpg (495KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
1469828288156.jpg
495KB, 2560x1440px
>>49572767
As a Warlock player, I feel like the red-headed stepchild of the expansion. We're bashed over the head with the Demon Hunters' EDGE of all EDGE because of their struggles to control the demonic energies inside them.
Meanwhile, Warlocks are going around basically saying "Gib Kool-Aid, pls" to all things demonic and yet treated like it and them are totally normal.
I mean, in this expansion, we take command of our own army of demons. Literal demons, not just the EDGE inside one little demon hunter.
And the game still tells us Demon Hunters know more about demons than anyone. That's happened a couple of times and I just have to shake my head.
To get the Scepter of Sargeras, we have to pretend to join Gul'dan in order to steal it from him. I wish I could join him for real. Fuck all y'all and all your little baby problems with writer waifus and furries and Mary Sue Illidindu nuffins.
>>
>>49572912

One of WoW's major failings is how you're never able to defect from your main faction. What if I WANT to be a member of the Iron Horde and make Ogrimmar great again?
>>
File: YouCarl.jpg (28KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
YouCarl.jpg
28KB, 400x300px
>>49572912
>I feel like the red-headed stepchild of the expansion.
That's definitely the Warriors.

I totally get where you're coming from, though. It seems kinda odd and funny to me that Demon Hunters are running around acting like fighting fire against fire with the Burning Legion is some kind of concept unique to them, even those that's supposed to be the the primary point of the Warlock class, too.

>To get the Scepter of Sargeras, we have to pretend to join Gul'dan in order to steal it from him. I wish I could join him for real. Fuck all y'all and all your little baby problems with writer waifus and furries and Mary Sue Illidindu nuffins.

I kinda want to do that with my Death Knight, too, if Lich King Bolvar ever goes over the edge (I really hope he doesn't, though). But that's probably just my nostalgia from playing the Scourge in Warcraft III talking.

Full-force SCOURGE WORLD POLICE faction when?
>>
>>49573039
probably never.
ebon blade banter is great though.
>we are already dead fool!
>>
>>49573039
>That's definitely the Warriors.
I hate what they've done to Prot Warriors. It's just not fun to play.
Give me back my Execute and Heroic Strike filler.
No, stop pushing your "Focus Rage" and your "Ignore Pain" bullshit like it needs to be part of the regular rotation.
Fuck you Blizzard. Standing around waiting on a cooldown is not fucking fun gameplay. Why do you keep doing this bullshit to all the tanking classes?
>>
>>49572912
Warlocks are just gullible mages.
Demon Hunters know what they hunt.
>>
>>49572964
There were lots of ways that could've worked in Orgrimmar.

>Start as an orc in Orgrimmar
>Become an outlaw and adventure with humans, gain access to Theramore
>Go to Redridge and get recruited to the Dark Horde
>work with the searing blade and become an agent of the legion
>join up with the twilights hammer in secret
>>
>>49573082
Yeah, I'm loving Death Knight in Legion. Thoras Trollbane as a DK, and really all of the central DK characters, are total bros.

And the Lich King talking to us again is fun.

>>49573084
I've been told that Warriors in general got the worst of it when it came to their class hall campaign. Vrykuls everywhere, and nothing else.

You're in Valhalla, and you don't get spirits of past warriors as champions? Anduin Lothar? Orgrim Doomhammer? Huge missed opportunity.
>>
>>49573176
They did have them there iirc but people complained that it made no sense for dead humans and orcs to be in vrykul heaven
>>
Alright, how the fuck do I kill arthas to get the new frostmourne?
>>
>>49573192
Kill the undead walking towards him so he doesnt regain hp when he does his spooky "THIS ISN'T EVEN MY FINAL FORM" thing
>>
>>49573209
I am getting rekt during the starting phase with nerzhul's ki barrages.
>>
>>49573277
ok, I went full blood and tanked it out.
>>
>>49573176
Not only that but the campaigns were all bugged so they took half as long as blizz intended; except of course warriors. Upside: the class hall is laid out so straightforward I can find my way around it blind drunk, and jumping in/out of the broken isles is a nicer perk than any of the other classes get. Still the lore is pretty weak, the weapons fuck ugly, and the rotations are boring.
>>
>>49573910
can't be any worse than demonic empowerment spam. Then again half the reason I dropped the game in the end was because it was just spamming buttons in the end.
>>
>>49573190
>Humans
>Vrykul lite
>Makes no sense in Valhalla
Those people were stupid. Sure, I can live without orcs, but no Lothat?
>>
>>49573958
Lothar*
Damn, I'm tired.
>>
>>49572912
>roleplaying that hard
>>
What if Arthas never came across Muradin in Northrend and thus he would fight Mal'Ganis with Lights Vengance while Muradin would go on to claim Frostmourne?
>>
>>49569644
Naaru turn into void creatures at the end of their natural life. They can still be killed directly. Like the one in the Exodar scenario.
>>
File: If I were a blood elf.jpg (87KB, 512x515px) Image search: [Google]
If I were a blood elf.jpg
87KB, 512x515px
[orb of the sin'dorei]
>>
>>49574850
Those orbs are pretty flat.. eh, delicious anyway
>>
>>49573190
It makes no sense why any warrior would give a flying fuck about vyrkul to begin with.

Why should my NE warrior want Ymiron in GoV? Fought with honor? He went down like a bitch like 99% of dungeon bosses do.
>>
>>49575175

They're not bad considering originally male character turned into female belf
>>
>>49575303
Aw jeez I just took out my dick, damn it.
>>
>>49572912
I miss warlock tanking

I was only asked to do it once and nearly failed the raid in the process, but it was the most fun vanilla warlocks ever had
>>
File: Whitemane Transmog.png (351KB, 771x663px) Image search: [Google]
Whitemane Transmog.png
351KB, 771x663px
>>49575319

relax anon, it's not gay. well not much anyway
>>
>>49575393
>Whitemane outfit

Damn, I love this outfit. This is true slutmog.
>>
>>49575404

Indeed. Again male character turned into female belf, males can't rock that outfit well
>>
>>49575414
I must find a way to get this on my female belf shadow priest.

Seving the old gods & looking sexy af is her prime motivations.
>>
>>49575423

Shadow priests seem to love their slutmogs.
>>
>>49575404

The Whitemane outfit is perfection
>>
>>49572896
Ner'zhul's an orc
>>
>>49571740
I thought the Tauren had taught rune magic to the dwarfs, not the other way around. Maybe, it got retconned, or maybe I just had a brain fart.
>>
>>49575732
It was retconned to "none of that ever happened" because it's from RPG, not WoW/novels/chronicles
>>
>>49575429
Don't know about the others, but I love it yeah. This can go good with your shadow priest background, I know it goes well my mine.

I just love the Old Gods & corrupt aspect of teh shadow priest mixed with this outfit. Just perfect combination of plain sexy/slutty with corrupted and evil.
>>
>>49575963

Obviously yeah, naughty priests in naughty outfits
>>
>>49569657
Odyn is just pissed because he has been locked up there for ten thousand years. You should ask him about it as a shadow priest some time.
>>
>>49576284
>Ten thousand bloody years
>Stuck in a tiny sky fortress (if what we're shown is the real size of the Halls of Valor)
>Your only company consists of:
>>The mindless beasts that roam the Fields of The Eternal Hunt
>>Shouting viking brawlers
>>Eiyr and the Val'kyr, which probably spend most of their time away fighting Helya and looking for souls worthy of entering the HoV
>>If it's anything like Valhalla, the musk/funk of thousands of warriors' sweaty crotches permeating every square milimeter of said tiny sky-fortress
>And then one day some fucker missing a jaw and cosplaying Urotsukidoji shows up, helps beat up your companions, stands before you and asks about the thing in your life you regret/hate the most

Dude has the right to be pissed.
>>
>>49573910
>>49573936
Try BM hunter. So busted. Literally gaps of 'wait for focus' in the rotation. Pets no longer tanky. Cool down on mend pet. I've tried just about everything at this point. BMW hands down my least favorite now.
>>
>>49575387
I remember Warlock tanking Twin Emperors and Illidan. Those were fun times. I also tanked Onyxia a few times because the MT died. Learned pretty quick to stand near her head or I'd kill half the raid.
>>
>>49576878
Oh yeah, forgot to add, I seem to be one of the very few people that actually liked Dark Apotheosis in Panda. I could actually hold my own against multiple melee characters and being Alliance on a PVP server meant Undead Rogues and DKs were a constant threat.
>>
>>49575387
>>49576878
How did you tank as a warlock ? I only played as warrior / paladin during those times.

Was it a mix of theose warlock armore spells + leech effect from drain life ?
>>
>>49574566
>while Muradin would go on to claim Frostmourne?
Why would muradin claim frostmourne because he didn't meet arthas?
>>
>>49576960
I found the best way for old school lock tanking was going Demo for Soul Link (when it was 30% damage absorption for most of Vanilla) and spamming Searing Pain, which generated high threat. Affliction drain tanking was fantastic in PVP, but in raids, you usually could rely in the healers to keep you up.
>>
>>49575703
from draenor
>>
>>49574566
didn't Muradin leave with Arthas? How would he not come across him
>>
>>49577097
>didn't Muradin leave with Arthas
No Arthas met Muradin in Northrend.

When they found Frostmourne Muradin realized it was cursed and wanted to leave it.
>>
>>49577097
No they met in Northrend
>>
>>49576960
Speck demo for soul link (which transferred a percentage of damage taken to your pet), stack tons of stamina and spam drain life, basically. There were a few fights in vanill and TBC that required a caster offtank, which usually was a 'lock due to them being durable for casters due to having lots of stamina.
>>
>>49577116
>>49577082
That actually sound really nice.
Bit hard to pull off for me. But real nice.
>>
>>49577080
He went to Northrend in the first place to find Frostmourne no?
>>
>>49577137
Yes but he also realised it was cursed and would have left it alone
>>
>>49577135
Vanilla tanking was super easy, even as a caster. There were very few mechanics that required movement, so you really would just stand there most of the time.
>>
>>49577482
Yeah, but rage mattered then.

Which meant that the most difficult part of any tanks job was the initial pull, after which, most of the tanks job was actually handled by the DPS just not DPS-ing too hard
>>
>>49577482
This, you literally just spammed Sunder Armor + Heroic Strike with the occasional Revenge thrown in.

People could literally just macro-AFK some fights and still do fine.
>>
>>49577165
You're right, but that would be a huge waste of an expedition just to find out the blade you sought and sacrificed for will eat your soul if you claim it.
>>
>>49577610
>Go home with nothing
>OR
>Get your soul enslaved by a cursed weapon and kill everyone you know and love.
Tough fucking choice.
>>
>>49577534
Yeah. I kinda liked that tells fights actually required the DPS to not be retarded face-rollers the way modern DPS are.
I ambivalent on the lack of berserk mechanics. On one hand, it meant that synergy with the raid was important. On the other hand, some fights could drag on for 15 minutes because your DPS was scrubs. But then, if if Lucifron had had an enrage, I wouldn't have been one of the 4 people who survived to kill him for the first time with my guild.
>>
>>49578133
why not excavate the entire thing and take it to ironforge?
>>
>>49578792
>Cursed, soul-stealing sword.
>Take it to a population center.
Yeah, no.
>>
>>49573936
>it was just spamming buttons in the end
As opposed to what?
>>
>>49579150
>no.
Aw, where's the fun in that? Imagine all the "random encounters" that'll happen when you bring that thing smack dab in the middle of the place, where everyone hangs out? Imagine all the new friends, and the loot they drop
>>
>>49579150
Given they allow Gnomes and the like inside their walls and don't all suddenly explode, I imagine a cursed sword no one can touch would be the least of their worries.
>>
>No smut allowed
>>
>>49580176
Not even PG-13 smut.
Nor frogs.
Man, these janitors can be colossal faggots sometimes.
>>
>>49580176
Well it can get a bit excessive sometimes.
>>
what did I miss?
>>
>>49582510
>Anon asks for smut to be posted even though he, and everyone else on this site, knows where to find it already
>Another anon posts one image
>Other anons respond
>All posts deleted
>>
>>49582773
bugger.
what was it about?
please don't let it be space goats.
>>
>>49583142
It's that one occasionally posted with Tyrande rubbing butts with that League of Legends character (I think).
>>
>>49583174
>that
>smut.

anywhoo, back on topic. What are the chances of jaina not being corrupted? I hve no beef against khadgar but removing jaina is pretty cunty.
>>
>>49583142
>>49583174
aye, by Green Marine, iirc.
>>
>>49583204
its the chink sorceress from d3.
>>
>>49583174
>League of Legends
Li-Ming from Heroes of the Storm.
>>
>>49583193
The Old God whispers from the most recent raid definitely heavily imply that she is, but it could also be a red herring for someone else.
>>
>>49583731
>her heart is a crater we have filled it
The well of eternity could be described as a crater what if Azeroth herself has been CORRUPTED.com
>>
So 3 deaths, most people think it refers to Sylvanas, but I think it refers to Elisande since her raid fight involves you 'killing' her three times due to time magic shit. Seem likely?
>>
>>49573176
This anon summed it all>>49573910 I realised tonight why I couldn't keep playing on my warrior who's my main and ended up leveling my paladin faster. It's because I genuinely can't be arsed to care about my class hall. I mean fuck, there's litteraly no one that I know up there. Pretry much every other class hall is a trip to NostalgiaLand so you have affections to the guys, you remember questig with or for them.
Fuck, even DH have Alduis, they have 1 guy that we knew already. That's a link.
Warriors have random NPCs that I couldn't give less of a shit about because I've never seen them before. They have no background, no personality. Fuck the only guys we know in there are King Ymiron and Thorim.
>>
>>49555165
>I wonder if Aiden is still alive.

Define "alive."
Cause "Perenolde" was one of the possible random Death Knight names in WC3
>>
>>49567686
Hypothesis: Female dragons can reproduce assexually. Unfertilized eggs still hatch, but with only lizard-level intelligence, and these ones tend not to grow above drake size. Eggs fertilized by a male dragon hatch as intelligent dragons.
>>
>>49571726
>Rune magic is titan in origin. Vrykul are plausible vector to get it to the Scourge, or perhaps they got it from some minor titan facility/artifact

They also had the runesword Frostmourne to reverse-engineer it from. That came from the Legion, but that could just mean it's Titan magic handed down by Sargeras.

Which would actually explain how Arthas was able to win the Vrykul's loyalty, if they saw him using crazy Titan magic that they knew he hadn't just stolen from them.
>>
>>49584640
Considering Knaak wrote...pretty much all the dragon-related lore for Blizzard, and Blizzard is systematically going about killing them off, your hypothesis shall go unanswered
>>
>>49572912
Always remember, in a land of fel infused ancient elves, the peasant with a good banish spell is king.
>>
>>49584682
>They also had the runesword Frostmourne to reverse-engineer it from. That came from the Legion, but that could just mean it's Titan magic handed down by Sargeras.

Wasn't it first made by ner'zhul, then retconned into being made by the nathrezim?

Either way I don't think you need to track the origin.
It's like tracking the discovery of the wheel, it doesn't matter too much and it could've been invented independently by a lot of people.
>>
>>49577610
Plus with no Arthas, his expedition would have had a much harder time getting there. Maybe by the time Muradin reaches the sword to discover it's cursed he's the only one left and just goes full "fuck it!" mode.
>>
>>49584819
Or he goes home.

Doesn't strike me as the type of guy who goes fuck it mode when offered a cursed item.
>>
>>49584640
That's a pretty good one. Very often when we have quests killing a whole broodof dragon we end up in front of a lone mother and her "feral" level minded children.
>>
Did any of the Outland Black Dragons ever go back to Azeroth during Cata? Because the questline made it seem like there were a few, that one with the dragon cult for example that weren't that fond of Sabellion.
>>
So why haven't the humans have a Sigmar like figure yet? Someone to bind the human kingdoms of the Alliance together to one mighty Empire?
>>
>>49585457
His name was Thoradin, and he's been dead for at least 2,800 years. He also didn't ascend to godhood, so it's no wonder the empire of Arathor broke up.
>>
>>49585457
because all of the human kingdoms except for Stormwind are bombed out ruins crawling with zombies
you're also assuming that Anduin isn't that
>>
>>49585504
>bombed out ruins crawling with zombies
Nah.

>Theramore has no zombies (still a crater, though)
>Kul Tiras is AWOL, but neither bombed out nor full of zombies
>unless you're counting free-willed Forsaken and not just Scourge ghouls, Gilneas is bombed out, but not full of zombies
>>
>>49585560
I was only counting the original 7 kingdoms, but I did forget about Kul Tiras
>>
>>49585457
Why?
It's not like all the humans are united in warhammer either even when they had a Sigmar.

Kislev, Estalia, Tilea, Kislev, humans in norsca, Bretonnia.

>>49585492
Only Strom was a thing back then.
He united the human tribes.
Then later on the humans migrated and founded the other human nations.
I know you know that, but mentioning it for other anon.

>>49585504
Kul Tiras is merely forgotten.
>>
>>49585582
Also, Dalaran is still just fine.
>>
>>49585582
>but I did forget about Kul Tiras
Don't worry about it.
Blizzard did too.

>Alive: Rebuilt, Floated, Wolfed
Azeroth, Dalaran, Gilneas
>Forgotten
Kul Tiras
>Dead to few remnants
Lordaeron, Alterac, Stromgarde
>>
>>49585614
>>49585636
Dalaran is a weird case because it had such a small population after the Third War that now Horde citizens regularly make up half of it's population, and even many of the Alliance members are non-human
>>
>>49585662
>now Horde citizens regularly make up half of it's populatio
In game player(or npc even) demographics aren't useful.
>>
>>49585683
regardless, since Wrath of the Lich King, Dalaran has been a cosmopolitan city with only nominal ties to the Alliance and a significant population of non-human
>>
>>49585636
>Stromgarde
UNdead, thank you very much
>>
File: Nazgrim.jpg (48KB, 522x410px) Image search: [Google]
Nazgrim.jpg
48KB, 522x410px
>>49585714
>implying
>>
>>49585714
It's re-dead now, thanks to the Ebon Blade.
>>
>>49583804
The Well was made by ripping an old god off of Azeroth, so that could count as 'filling' it.
>>
>>49585711
It had a significant elven population since the beginning.
>>
File: BTNManaShield.jpg (3KB, 64x64px) Image search: [Google]
BTNManaShield.jpg
3KB, 64x64px
>>
>>49585711

"Neutral" in that in the case that something actually threatening the Alliance's well-being happens, they'll swing Alliance because apparently Sylvanas did something poo-poo meaniehead to her sister.
>>
>>49584235
>Fuck, even DH have Alduis, they have 1 guy that we knew already. That's a link.
Two, actually. They also have Loramus Thallipedes, a demon hunter involved in a long questline in vanilla, where he tasks you to collects items from around the world to fashion a weapon to defeat a powerful dreadlord. When that doesn't work he gets himself possesssed by the dreadlord and seals himself in a soul prison to contain it.
Turns out somewhere between vanilla and Legion the dreadlord got free, but Loramus's soul is stuck entwined with the demon's, and maintains control over its body most of the time (they have to keep him in a demon cage, though, as the demon occasionally takes its body back stand starts yelling about how he'll kill them all if he gets free).

Loramus is/was a cool guy. Rather than being a whiny bitch like Illidan, or spending all his time yelling "WHAT HAVE YOU GIVEN!" at random people, he kicked demon ass and sacrificed himself without a thought to stop a powerful demon (as far as he knew, he would have spent rest of eternity trapped in a soulgem with an angry dreadlord).
>>
>>49584235
The worst part is Warriors were SUPPOSED to get a bunch of people, including ones we haven't seen since WC1.
>>
>>49585636
>>Forgotten
>Kul Tiras

Not entirely. There's captured Kul'Tiras marines in Azsuna.
>>
>>49585435
One or two of the Black Dragons (probably female one among them) were back in Azeroth during Cata. Sabellian didn't gave a fuck. I bet Sintharia had part in convincing them to go back, and she's likely not Sabellian's mother.
>>
>>49589529
Is he the oldest of Deathwing's kids? or is that Neferian? And yeah he did seem pretty happy just chilling in Blade's edge once Gruul was dead..
>>
>>49588569
Not anymore, with Khadgar hijacking the ride.
>>
>>49589685
It's an interesting question. If we take Beyond the Dark Portal novel into account, when Deathwing took all the black Dragon eggs to Draenor, he took Sabellian with himself, and left Nefarian and Onyxia to get control over Black Tooth Grin/Blackrock under command of Rend and Maim.
In the attack on Dalaran, Teron Gorefiend had a ride on Deathwing himself, while the other Deathknight (I think it was Raz the Soulripper) was carried by Sabellian to retrieve Jeweled Scepter of Sargeras. In a way, Sabellian was entrusted more relevant tasks than children of Sintharia.

Also, he decided to finish out the revenge upon the Gronn for what they did, and I wouldn't be surprised if he took all the whelps in Blade's Edge Mountains under his wings.
>>
>>49555165

Alterac was possibly the most amusing example of Not!Switzerland I've ever seen in a fantasy setting, and a good example of when NOT to be Switzerland.
>>
>>49589847
Yeah he seems to be trusted more. Although it seems like the other two were always a bit off. Maybe Sabellion was simply more with it. Although it would make sense for him to be the oldest regardless.

Was Sinestra always the main consort?

There's a chance the ones who went back during cata went because they all felt the call but Sab wasn't keen on getting exposed to the old gods again so only the ones who didn't like his leadership returned.
>>
>>49587266
It's even got elven name. I wonder if there's something planned for the future for Starwell...
>>
>>49575294
You force him to serve you as punishment
>>
>>49575294
>>49591386
It's a nice punishment
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMsCdc3OBG8
>>
>>49590002
Gilneas was closer to not switzerland.
>>
>>49591386
Can I punish [spoilers]Sylvanas[/spoilers] then?
>>
>>49591696
Genns' doing a pretty good job.
>>
File: tbh smh fam.png (46KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
tbh smh fam.png
46KB, 256x256px
>>49591715
>thassarian as my bodyguard
>wrecking 4skin fucking shits in stormheim
>sylvanas has N O F U T U R E.
>MFW
Ebon blade + gilneas teamup to rip and tear edgy foreskins when?
>>
>>49590033
>Was Sinestra always the main consort?
After the Demon Soul, she were the only consort that survived mating with Deathwing.
>>
>>49592122
I hope soon. Sylvanas is literally the shittiest thing about the Horde since Garrosh being turned into a Saturday morning cartoon villian. Why the fuck as a proud tauren warrior am I forced to pledge alligence to Sylvanas and than help the bitch gain immortality and enslave a super honorable species?
>>
>>49592784
Don't you want to TAURENED her?
>>
>>49592784
>Da spirits have granted me clarity. A vision... dey whisper a name. Many will not unda'stand. But you must step out of da shadows... and lead. You must be... War...chief...
>Many will not unda'stand.

You're just one of many. You will see, the Horde will survive because of her.

I'm not saying that she's good or did nothing wrong. Hell, no! She had done many wrong things. Still, we need her.

And I hope she won't go the Kerrigan way. Illidan is already doing it.
>>
>And I hope she won't go the Kerrigan way. Illidan is already doing it.

No, he's not. We're just getting rused by Kil'jaeden or a Dreadlord.

Shut up, let me have some hope that things aren't bad enough at Blizzard to let such cringeworthy shit pass.
>>
>>49584737
I love Tehd
>>
Sylvanas being warchief is as if mengle became fuhrer after ww2 and all the allies were good with that also they didn't split the country after Hitler gtfo
>>
>tfw blizzard sucked me back in
>tfw playing dress-me-up with my DK
So, the quest for apocalypse has a lot of other neat stuff scattered around the player. For example, once you defeat the dark rider there is an egyptian looking tauren sculpture.
Any idea what it could be?
>>
>>49593480
Eh, Horde should've broken apart long ago... belves don't want to be there, Sylvanas even had to blackmail them to support the Horde in WotLK, Garrosh pretty much kicked trolls and tauren out, and nobody likes undead.

But Blizzard needs their two factions
>>
>>49594231
>needs their two factions
OOH I KNOW!
ALLIANCE...And the zerg
>>
>>49594700
Scourge were the not-Zerg in WC3
>>
>>49594908
Yeah, but now we have the actual-Zerg, infesting the Scourge and everything else
Infested Arthas when
>>
>>49594231
The Forsaken should have never become part of the hoard in the first place desu.
>>
>>49595646
Phoneposter pls go
>>
>>49594700
Isn't that one and the same? Both come in endless hordes.
>>
>>49592940
>>49592966
Did you faggots even play Wc3? Illidan was never a bad guy and the stupid as villianfication Blizzard did to him and Kael in tbc was beyond retarded bullshit.
>>
>>49596843
He wasn't a good guy either.
>>
>>49596843
The problem isn't them trying to undo the "IDK, he's crazy or something, now kill him and take his stuff" characterization from TBC, but they're turning Illidan into some kind of messianic figure who can do no wrong and was unjustly slain by us foolish mortals who should feel very bad for killing our lord and savior, "the boy destined to end the age of demons".

Illidan wasn't really a villain pre-TBC, but he was definitely an antihero. Even when he was fighting on the good side, he was selfish and uncaring of any colleteral damage, and he's got a habit of fucking things up in some way.
It turning out that the seemingly villanous stuff he wa sup to TBC was done because he considered it to be necessary to fight a greater evil (ie. the Legion) would have been perfectly fine, and bringng him back as the guy nobody really likes or trusts, but who is very good at fighting evrybody's mutual enemy, would have been reasonable. But turning him into some kind of half-demon Jesus sounds dumb as hell and is not at all fitting his characterisation from any previous materials.
>>
>>49596889
>Tries to save his people
>Gets shat on every time
>Never actively malicious
>>
>>49597451
Yeah, melting down Northrend was such a good idea. Well, Kil'jaeden told him to kill the Lich King so he tried to do it. Great idea.
>>
>>49597451
>Attacks his own people to distract Maiev from chasing him.
And with Legion, he's confirmed to have canonically killed dozens of people under his command because he has no idea how to conserve mana.
>>
Okay, /tg/

Favorite alive (undead count too) character

Favorite dead character

Character with most disappointing development

Character you want to end up a raid boss the most.
>>
>>49597061
You keep saying "they" are trying to turn him into some messianic figure, but the only thing with that perspective is X'era.

The Illidan novel and most perspectives in the game except X'era point to Illidan having altruistic intentions, but will trample anyone who gets in his way. X'era is likely either a puppet or puppeteer.
>>
>>49597881
>alive
Kel'Thuzad
>dead
Malygos
>disappoint
Kael
>kill
Jaina
>>
>>49597881
>Nazgrim
>Lei Shen
>Garrosh
>Jaina for the story, Greymane for the mechanics
>>
>>49597694
>he's confirmed to have canonically killed dozens of people under his command because he has no idea how to conserve mana.
it's not his fault Blizzard didn't give him any spirit
>>
>>49597881
>Favorite alive (undead count too) character
Varok Saurfang
>Favorite dead character
Kael'thas Sunstrider
>Character with most disappointing development
Thrall
>Character you want to end up a raid boss the most
Sylvanas
>>
>>49597881
>Alive
I have a few, but I think Khadgar wins.

Followed by Jaina (both pre- and post-Theramore boom) and Bolvar (both pre- and post-Lich King).

>Dead
Anub'arak

>Disappointed
Maiev
-I don't necessarily mind her being dedicated to protecting Azeroth at all costs, but her turning to the Illidari to help is such a strong whiplash. There doesn't seem to be any reason for it.

>Raid Boss
None, really. I'm kinda tired of killing major lore characters.
>>
>>49599260
He burnt it all within a minute of joining the battle.

And he couldn't even use any spells until he ate his mages. He was basically using a big wand before that, for all the good it managed.

This is why you aren't allowed to multi-class. Druid/Mage sounds cool, but is dogshit. Good thing Blizz took pity on him and let him retrain all the levels to Demon Hunter.
>>
>>49555078
If there are succubii (warlock summon), are there incubii?
>>
>>49600362
I liked the idea that succubi are female dreadlords, but that's been confirmed false since BC
>>
>>49600362
They've been mentioned, but no confirmation on where or what they are, exactly.

Apparently there's an in-universe rumor that they're all slaves of the succubi on their homeworld.

>>49600372
I've always preferred that theory, too.

On the subject of succubi, though, I find it weird that I have not found a single one serving the Burning Legion in Legion. Even moreso, we've got this Inquisitor assholes floating around as the Burning Legion's prime interrogators, even though that was the job of the succubi.
>>
>>49600437
it'd be cool if the Inquisitors bruted the succubi, but I doubt Blizzard is clever enough to do that and just forgot they exist
>>
>>49600437
All of the succubi got enslaved by horny warlocks, obviously.
>>
>>49600549
MORTALED.com when
>>
File: Tyrande (4).jpg (338KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Tyrande (4).jpg
338KB, 900x1200px
>>49597881
Miaev
>Favorite dead character
Kael'thas
Tyrande
>Character you want to end up a raid boss the most.
Kosak.
>>
>>49597881
>>Favorite alive (undead count too) character
Gul'dan
>Favorite dead character
Uther
All Horde leaders that aren't Sylvanas
Sylvanas
>>
>>49597881
Muradin, although Sabellion is up there as well.

Uther

Arthas after he and Ner'Zul merged.

Anduin or Velen for the wtf value.
>>
>>49595963
Scourge is a bit lacking in the tentacle rape department
I mean, look at that...Essence >>49600847
The zerg will want to..assimilate that

I miss the Sunken Colony. Blizzard pls
>>
>>49573190
Fuck those people.

Straight up, FUCK those guys. Its Odin, he can borrow whoever he wants.
>>
>>49589284
We were supposed to get Lothar!

I was gonna go on an adventure with Lothar!
>>
>>49597881
>alive
WoD Gul'dan
Kel'Thuzad
>dead
Original Gul'dan
>disappoint
WoD Cho'gall (because his plotline seems to be severed short)
>kill
Whoever is responsible for killing Vol'jin and not letting him do anything important. Especially that he didn't killed Garrosh.
>>
File: Smug son of man.jpg (14KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Smug son of man.jpg
14KB, 480x360px
>>49602590
>Alive
Genn
>Dead
Arthas
>Disappointed
Vol'jin. I'm an alliance player but I love trolls. How the fuck do you fuck up this hard?
>Boss
Shitvanas
>>
>>49602632
Meant for >>49597881
>>
>>49597881
>alive
Saurfang and Sylvanas
>dead
Ysera and Zul'jin
>disappoint
Vol'jin, really wasted character
>kill
Khadgar
>>
>>49600437
>On the subject of succubi, though, I find it weird that I have not found a single one serving the Burning Legion in Legion.
I'm not entirely sure if it's the case in Warcraft, but succubi are pretty often portrayed as acting as spies and infiltrators for demons. WC succubi's two primary abilities being turning invisible and seducing people, they'd fit that role pretty well as well. However, they're not all that useful on the battlefield, being pretty weak and squishy compared to fel/wrath/doomguards, so now that the Legion is doing an all-out attack they don't have much need for them.

Or at least we don't see any. They they totally should put invisible succubi skulking around Dalaran and other major cities.
>>
>>49600437
>On the subject of succubi, though, I find it weird that I have not found a single one serving the Burning Legion in Legion

There's some in Court of Stars. I guess the toned down on the Succubi now that they have female Eredars.
>>
>>49600437
>Even moreso, we've got this Inquisitor assholes floating around as the Burning Legion's prime interrogators, even though that was the job of the succubi.
I really want to know where the fuck the Inquisitors and Jailers came from. I really like how the Legion constantly adds new members between the expansions
>>
>>49597881
>Alive
Sylvanas

>Dead
Cairne Bloodhoof

>Disapoint
Tyrande

>Raid
Alexstraza
>>
>all these female vrykul, valkyr night elves and high elves
>blizzard giving me an amazon fetish.
how do I stop.
>>
>>49603803
Embrace it. Or get embraced by their thighs.
>>
>>49603803
>game specifically points out that Hyrja doesn't die
>you fight her again in the first phase of the Odyn fight in ToV
>she still doesn't die
brb leveling my warrior
>>
>>49603862
I still like that she's listed as 'unconscious', not 'dead' after her boss fight. I had to point it out to my friends because none of them noticed.
>>
>>49603862
what's TOV?
Shouldn't it be Halls of Valor?
>>
>>49585560
>>49585582
Kul'Tiras does get some screentime in Legion. There are some prisoners from there working for Sea Giants in Azshara.
>>
File: 1447022700599.jpg (31KB, 470x457px) Image search: [Google]
1447022700599.jpg
31KB, 470x457px
>>49602251
>mfw getting Ashkandi with my warrior when cleaning for other stuff
I am not worthy.
Lothar you glorious bastard.
>>
>>49589817
Khadgar is such a bro and level headed dude. It's actually telling to be that into a character simply because he's mature and responsible.

>Knowledge is power, but using it wisely is the key.
>>
>>49604027
Trials of Valor is an upcoming raid in 7.1
>>
>>49604121
>we will FIND a way through this
based Khadgar dishing out memes and reassurance in equal measure
>>
>>49599260
One minute before that he had the Moon Guard mages focus their power on him so that he could use some immensely powerful beam of Arcane energy; as far as I know, there was no harm in doing that repeatedly. But NOOO, he had to sacrifice and consume the souls of some of the most powerful mages Elven society had ever seen because he could not be bothered to bind Innervate or Evocation, or to use Arcane Blast to get rid of those arcane charges.
>>
>>49604439
There's actually something about the Illidan scenario that bothers me more than just the team killing fucktard and Xe'ra's shilling.

Broxiggar and Rhonin are there. Their time travel shit is irrevocably canon. And that's fucking awful.

Cata and MoP focusing heavily on the orcs? Sure, Garrosh is an orc supremacist that happily shit talks every other Horde race in front of their ambassadors, so it's no surprise.

Warlords being an orc-and-ogre expansion? Sure, it's their homeworld. And we got more arakkoa lore.

But I draw the line at Broxiggar. When you invoke a shitty time travel plot to have an orc go back to what is arguably the single most important point in Azeroth's history and save the fucking day by fighting fucking Sargeras, you have passed the event horizon of shitty orc-centric writing.

Think about it: The night elves blow up the Well of Eternity to nuke Sargeras and thwart the Legion's invasion after their queen cocks shit up. But now their success is in large part thanks to an orc. Before orcs ever invaded Azeroth.

At this point, I wouldn't be surprised to find out that there were orcs on fucking Argus when Velen decided to haul ass! And if Broxiggar is any indication, the orcs would be integral to the draenei escaping, too.

I don't hate orcs. A lot of their lore is actually interesting. But it seriously feels like Blizzard can't write anything without shoving an orc in somewhere.
>>
>>49604692
novels were a mistake
>>
>>49604837
I'm genuinely starting to think Knaak was a mistake. As a person.
>>
>>49604865
all the novels were a mistake
Knaak's, Golden's, BtDP, Illidan.
Every Warcraft novel either completely fucked the established story or was just stupid
>>
>>49604692
I forgot about that sidequest, if only because Broxigar's existence reminds me of Med'an's.
>>
>>49604692
If Blizzard wrote an elf, would they shove an orc in there?
>>
>>49605657
all elves should have orcs shoved into them
>>
>>49604939
I wonder how much of that had to do with the writers and how much of that had to do with blizzard's ideas
>>
File: No1.gif (3MB, 200x170px) Image search: [Google]
No1.gif
3MB, 200x170px
>>49603803
>high elves
>amazons
>>
>>49604939
The Illidan novel actually wasn't terrible. It does a pretty good job of maintaining the characters of Illidan, Maiev, and Akama.

I liked it.
>>
>>49607046
the real high elves.
>>
File: Shrug.gif (998KB, 500x264px) Image search: [Google]
Shrug.gif
998KB, 500x264px
>>49607405
>the ancient, ugly, no longer existent out of date models
>the blood elf models with blue eyes that have the body type of a broom
>Nightborne?

I'm not seeing where you're coming from
>>
>>49607540
the latter.
>>
So, The ebon blade now has it's own reanimated frost wyrm brood led by Voragosa. They are flying in the good old necropolis. The games never really did a good job of showing unit scales it feels like.

>>49607098
>illidan totally saves the day at the start of TBC by destroying an army that was going to flank a fucking BEACH HEAD.
>ok
>>
>>49608420
>Enemies are bottlenecked into running into/to the portal
>Just point, shoot and enjoy your easy win
>The commander will probably have decent food served to us today instead of boiled suet and moldy hardtack
>lifeisgood.enchantervellum
>Suddenly, Illidan breaks down the eastern barricade along a barrage of fel fire, like some kind of off-brand Kool-Aid Man
>The demons notice (hell, Drek'thar, in his musty-ass cave in the Hillsbrad Foothills, must have seen it) and run to the new opening
>Illidan barely holds them back while screaming "Look guys, I'm helping!" and "I'm holding off a whole army on my own!"
>When the demons give up, he walks up to us and says "You're welcome, don't mention it. Especially not to Tyrande, ok guys?", winks (or at least I assume it was a wink, it's hard to tell when all some guy has for eyes are balls of hellfire) and awkwardly flaps/glides away while giggling
>We decide to tell no one what happened, because fuck going to the nuthouse
>>
>>49608627
>running into the portal
>flanking a fucking beachhead

>illidari being completely useless cucks in Aszuna, just barely holding on.
>All the whining about how they are the key to stop the burning legium.
>can't even hold a fucking beach head without falling to corruption.

The illidari are italy tier in their competence.
>>
>>49608725
Is it from being elves, or is it from being part demon?
>>
>>49609106
it's from being so full of themselves.
Oh, and warglaives.
Warglaives are dumb.

I just realized Vindicator Maraad died for no good reason.
Same with Cordana Felsong.
>>
>>49609167
>Maraad died for no good reason.
He died for his waifu. Is there no greater reason than that?
>>
>>49609505
It wasn't even his waifu.
She was dead.
It was an alternate timeline waifu who is now jumping on orc cocks.
>>
>>49608725
>We are all that stands between the Legion and annihilation

Can't help but laugh when they say this. Because if it was true, boy would we be fucked.
>>
>>49610033
>"What have YOU given?!" click quote every fucking time I talk to one.
>Even on my own DH.
I cannot take demon hunters seriously. Even the "DK world police" meme is less ridiculous.

That being said, Altruis is a total bro.
>Take Altruis out questing.
>"I've got your back!"
>"You don't fight alone!"
>Constantly supportive and sounds like a cool dude.
>Kayn constantly shouts and rages whenever he's not fantasizing about Illidan.
Altruis and Akama save the Illidari for me. Only reason I bother to log onto the alt.
>>
>>49610479
Apart from DK who have given A LOT more than pretty much everyone else, litteraly everyone did more than the DK.
Any class cannonicaly has been around for more than 10 years, kicking ass left and right, saving the world before, during, and after BC, while the DH were either jacking each other off or on ice.
Then they get out and say they have done more while they have been asleep when we saved the world from complete destruction 4 times. And that's only counting the end game bosses, and not the countless other times where we single handedly or in a small commitee stopped Armageddon.

Gee, I'm sure you did more than me while you were sleeping and masturbating to your one victory where Ilidan did everything on Demon World#5385, fuckhead.
>>
>>49610665
Did more than the DH*
>>
SCARLET CRUSADE MACHINIMA LORE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYxNZyR3hkk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1CpVjR4Xvg part 1
>>
>>49610479
>That being said, Altruis is a total bro.
until he decides you're inconvenient and sends adventurers to murder you
>>
>>49611961
The guy he sent adventurers off to kill was using a book of demon names to super charge himself. That doesn't seem like a good idea when every demon hunter is a ticking time bomb of fel energy.

It wasn't 'inconvenient', it was 'those fuckers be crazy.'

I am not crazy, so no worries. And if I DID go crazy, I'd want someone to stop me before I undid all the hard work I put in killing demons. So yeah, Altruis is a bro.
>>
>>49597881

Gul'dan, probably. Maybe Saurfang. It's a toss-up.

>Favorite dead character
Grom Hellscream (WC3)

Tied between Thrall and Garrosh.

Tied between Sylvanas and Jaina.
>>
I wish they'd break up the Horde and Alliance and stop keeping it for whatever gameplay purposes that existed during vanilla and have a lot of independent nations again.
>>
File: Neat.gif (369KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
Neat.gif
369KB, 300x168px
>>49612494
That map is amazing.

I do kinda agree, though. Maybe go the Guild Wars 1 route, and instead changing PvP to focus on guilds (making them actual lore entities, too) and independent factions.

All races can join guilds regardless of what other races are in it, factions are race-based but does not prevent content with other race/factions.

It'd be neat.
>>
>>49612672
Not the other guy, but I really like the maps this guy makes. He's really thorough.
http://kuusinen.deviantart.com/
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>49612712
Oh thanks, I missed this more current map. It'll make it easier to place the various factions down whenever Bannerlord modding tools come out.
>>
>>49612957
I just wish he'd get to making a Kalimdor map.
>>
new thread
>>49613001
>>49613001
>>49613001
Thread posts: 314
Thread images: 33

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.