[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Horus Heresy General /hhg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 323
Thread images: 40

File: image.jpg (477KB, 811x542px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
477KB, 811x542px
Less Wolf More Celt Edition
Rockin' Roboute Sub-Edition
You ain't nothing but a Warhound! No wait. You ain't nothing but a Khorne dog! There. No my /hhg/ style Elvis parodies can start off.
> R E A D . T H I S . B E F O R E . P O S T I N G

HHG FAQ
http://pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8

Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016)
http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf

30k TACTICA
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Warhammer_40,000/Tactics#Horus_Heresy

Red Books Links: https://sys.4chan.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww2.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2Fs15Jqk1t%2Ffile.html
https://sys.4chan.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23!Jx1UGCTI!vMJN89z7p8tiEC7YOAj477g6RxDtJ7culVLF3q3godg

HH Book 6 - Retribution PDF:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/8aqx9j3a8erqv8d/The_Horus_Heresy_Book_6_-_Retribution.pdf or
https://sys.4chan.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fkat.cr%2Fthe-horus-heresy-book-6-retribution-pdf-t12199249.html

Other official downloads: http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Downloads#horusheresy
HH Rules:
Crusade Army List:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/1lprm5vd99yafa3/
Mechanicum Taghmata Army List:
https://mega.nz/#!LFwTjQ7B!mF0eVOY8P1MPT0a-QSXypXo_ZfskhYynD41PrkaTbD8
30k/40k Rules:
https://mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ!EVh0GZZS
30k/40k Rules and more (torrents):
https://mega.nz/#F!0RlxDZQC!qAu9BaubWa3KeihJRmOcsg
Crusade Imperialis epub:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/meqp1hn5sa3d6gt/The_Horus_Heresy_%E2%80%93_Crusade_Imperialis_-_Army_Lists.epub

Strawpoll links:
http://www.strawpoll.me/10558764
www.strawpoll.me/10663447
>>
>>49494047
>2 B@C's with a few other added things

What's this, exactly?
>>
Is the absolute madman that is Idriss Krendl a member of the Lyssatra?
>>
Anyone mind if I post my Warsmith's writefaggotry/fluff? I want your criticism and opinions on it.
>>
>>49494590
Go ahead. It could be a change in the pace these threads need.
>>
>>49494569
hordes of garbage that get tabled in 1 turn by thudd guns
>>
>>49494569
1 preator in cataphracti with chain fist combi melta
2 cataphracti squads, heavy flamer combi bolters and lightning claws
6 10 man tacticals
1 GW predator

at least thats what BOLS and Reddit people do
>>
File: 1465948905992.png (100KB, 500x337px) Image search: [Google]
1465948905992.png
100KB, 500x337px
>the Arlatax has rules, but no model
>the Vulturax has a model, but no rules
>>
writefag here

I'm going to take the horus heresy and rewrite it as a film noir crime drama
>>
>>49494633
pollux and sigsimund have models
kyr vhalen and glg dont
>>
>>49494590
if its longer than a page upload it as an image
>>
>>49494601
Sure thing, anon!

I do need help coming up with a Terran-esque name for him though. Currently just have ? where his name should be.

The Bitter Old Men.

Their Grand Battalion was lost during the Hrud Wars, and declared dead. Later on, they were able to regroup with the IV Legion, old and withered, bitter and beaten, but not defeated. They became as bitter old men are wont to do, cold and heartless, even more so than their brothers of the IV were known for. Their Praetor's face had became wrinkled, his hair white, and his heart frozen. He and his bodyguards donned helms in the shape of Iron Skulls, a sign of utter loyalty and devotion to the Lord of Iron himself, believing what had happened to them to be a failure. And failure would not be tolerated.

Name Goes Here.
? was of Terran stock, from before even the Primarch was found, and was known as one who was cold and calculating. ? had a distaste of members of the VIII and XIX Legions, believing them to be mere savages and criminals among the legions. Yet he could not deny the effectiveness of their tactics, and so would not hesitate to work with them if offered the opportunity.

? was seen as an authority figure amongst the Chapter he was part of, and had risen to the rank of Delegatus just before Incaladion, where he would soon be promoted to his Chapter's Praetor after the previous Praetor had died taking down a traitorous archmagos.

With ?'s new rise as the leader of his Chapter, he had soon rearranged certain legionnaires whom he had trusted and allied with to higher positions of authority and had four of his most trusted lieutenants placed under him as his terminator armored command squad.

1/?
>>
>>49494674
the BL books, FW books, GW collecte visions
or your own canon
>>
>>49494590
Do it, reading peoples lore is one of my favourite things in these threads Provided it's not shit
>>
>>49494584
he had the big reductor ordinatus so probably, but i dont know how long he survives for
>>
>>49494702
Wait so they're more bitter than normal? Huh. Now that's going above and beyond the call of duty. As for the name I can't think of anything.
>>
Tournament list, 2kpts, help min/max and point out improvements please. Most models available.
HQ:
Scoria + Abeyant
Mag Dom - Abeyant, Con beamer, aug scan, cyber fami

Troops:
2 x Castellax - darkfire cannon/targ array/flamers
2 x Castellax - mauler boltcannons/power blades/frag grenades
3 x Thallax - plasma fusil
3 x Thallax - plasma fusil

Heavy:
Thanatar - targetting array

LoW:
Knight Paladin - Blessed auto

Scoria+castellax bolter march up field with knight
Mag dom sits back with Than and darkfire Cast to shoot

Thallax deepstrike onto objective or where needed
>>
>>49494625
>>49494606
I did this with 2 BaC and a few other things:
>SW
>PotL

>HQ:
Praetor:
-Cataphractii, Paragon Blade, Combi-Plasma, Digital Lasers
= 177pts.

Terminator Bodyguard (4x):
-Cataphractii, 3x Power Axe, 3x Combi-Plasma
-Standard Bearer, Power Axe, Combi-Plasma
-Land Raider Proteus, Armoured Ceramite, Pintle Combi-Bolter
= 383pts.

Centurion:
-Forge Lord
-Tartaros Terminator Armour, Thunder Hammer, Combi-Bolter, Conversion Beamer, Rad Grenades
= 175pts.

Centurion:
-Vigilator
-Bolt Pistol, Power Sword, Bolter, Artificer Armour, Refractor Field, Jump Pack
= 140pts.

>ELITE:
Apothecary Detachment (2x):
-2x Artificer Armour, 2x Augury Scanner
= 120pts.

Mortis Dreadnought:
-2x TL Lascannon
= 155pts.

Dreadnought (2x):
-2x TL Lascannon, 2x Power Fist w/ Combi-Bolter
= 300pts.

Contemptor-Cortus Dreadnought (2x):
-2x Keresh Assault Cannon, 2x Power First w/ Combi-Bolter
= 300pts.

>TROOPS:
2x Tactical Squad (20x):
-Vexilla, 20x CCW
-Sergeant, Artificer Armour, Combi-Plasma, Power Sword
= 305pts.

2x Terminator Squad (10x):
-Indomitus Armour, 3x Power Axe, 4x Power Sword, 7x Combi-Bolter, 2x Chainfist, 2x Reaper Autocannon
-Sergeant, Power Axe, Combi-Bolter
= 375pts.

Assault Squad (10x):
-2x Power Axe
-Sergeant, Artificer Armour, Power Axe
= 215pts.

>FAST:
Seeker Squad (10x):
-Sergeant, Artificer Armour
-Rhino
= 300pts.

Storm Eagle Assault Gunship:
-2x TL Lascannon, Missile Launcher
= 255pts.

Outrider Squad (5x):
-5x Melta-Bombs
= 175pts.

>HEAVY:
Predator Strike Squadron (2x):
-2x HB Sponsons, 2x Pintle HB
= 210pts.

Whirlwind Scorpius:
= 115pts.

Heavy Support Squad (10x):
-9x Missile Launcher w/ Flakk Missiles
-Sergeant, Nuncio-Vox & Chainsword, Augury Scanner
= 335pts.

>LORD OF WAR:
Falchion Super-Heavy Tank Hunter:
-SM Crew, Armoured Ceramite
= 565pts.

>FORTIFICATION:
Imperial Bunker:
-Quad Gun, Ammo Store
= 120pts.

Total of 5,400pts.
>>
>>49494702
It was soon after the fateful events of Incaladion that their Primarch was found, the Lord of Iron, Perturabo. With this heralded new customs, new traditions and new things for the legion. Chief amongst these was the decimation, which had fortunately spared most of those ? had trusted, and had slain a good portion ? had alliances with, which served to further consolidate ?'s power over his Grand Battalion once and for all. ? had accepted the new title of Warsmith as well as all the new traditions and customs dutifully, never truly caring for either, but he could see the the use and effectiveness of them, and so his logic oriented mind had accepted them easily.

When the Iron Warriors had began their war with the xenoform known as the Temporra Ferrox, the Hrud, ?'s Grand Battalion was declared lost in the fighting, unable to relay messages back to command. Later, they had been able to return, albeit with massive casualties which had reduced the massive Grand Battalion to approximately 1,000 legionnaires, the size of a regular Grand Battalion.

It was this event where the power of the Temporra Ferrox was revealed onto those who had been in the thick of the fighting, and then some. Their bodies had become that of withered old men, their armor and weapons had begun to corrode, their hair had become grey, white, or even naturally balding, and their hearts had become colder and more bitter than even those of the worst of the IV legion.

? and his bodyguards had helms fashioned into the symbol of the Primarch, that of an Iron Skull as a symbol of utter loyalty and devotion to the Lord of Iron. For the events of the Hrud Wars were seen as failure to ?. And failure would not be tolerated.

This was the event that marked the beggining of ?'s infamy, and the beggining of his legend as the Iron Masked Tyrant as he and his Grand Battalion followed the Lord of Iron into Heresy and Betrayal willingly, perhaps too eagerly, in fact.

2/2

What do you think?
>>
>>49494702
>he didn't like deathguard and nightlords.
interesting but if he's terran, he would remember them as the dusk raiders who were far more tame
>>
>>49494702
>>49494781
Huh. I never realized that I had written so much.

I can see some spelling errors, but could you guys help point them out? There might be some stuff I mispelled or grammar errors that I probably wont catch.
>>
>>49494773
>no spartans
>no kharybdis
>1 non assault vehicle land raider
>no way to get anything into combat
uhh why tho
>>
>>49494750
atrapos is best knight

>>49494773
no we where talking about newfags that play MSU on marines and bring no armour
>>
>>49494786
Oh shoot, I meant Terran Raven Guard. Looks like I need to fix that!
>>
>>49494584

But Dantioch is the absolute madman.
>>
>>49494813
>no we where talking about newfags that play MSU on marines and bring no armour
2bh hes not really bringing any armor ether tho
>>
>>49494812
>uhh why tho

Resin, resin, already had the model for it, and you still got two good legs, don't ya?
>>
>>49494821
Dantioch build an upside down fortress. Not that impressive.

Krendl came up with Ironfire. Now that's impressive
>>
>>49494853
>and you still got two good legs, don't ya?
footslogging terminators are as good as dead

theyll never get into combat, even tartaros
>>
>>49494781
i like it, taking bitterness more than most isnt that bad, but the full iron mask makes me think of dantioch.

how about a half mask which covers up the mouth and nose, and it represents how he swore to never show emotion again after failing the tyrant
>>
>>49494870
What's with the obsession of getting into combat?
>>
>>49494891
i play WE and SW

also thats the whole point of terminators
>>
>>49494863

The real absolute madman will be the warsmith who makes a siege assault bike for the tyrants to ride. Or combi-lasvolkite.
>>
>>49494819
yeah that makes sense, GW has been forcing that parralel meme
CC =KK
murder hobos= murder hobos
emo hair= emo hair
>>
>>49494889
I was going for the Iron Mask bit sort of both to make him seem like an Evil Dantioch, and for the modelling opportunites by giving him and his retinue the IW skull masks from the upgrade set.

Though, the first point was originally unintended, I decided to just roll with it.
>>
>>49494902
I just got them because they're kewl. Also, there is the storm eagle.
>>
>>49494941
stormeagles are a noobtrap.

they ether come in turn 2 and die, killing half your guys in it along with it. or they dont come in at all. best case is a turn 3 charge.

dreadclaws/kharybdis/spartans are basically the only options. landraiders could be ok since the points drop but they are still worse than spartans
>>
>>49494891
>He doesn't like glorious melee combat
>>
File: 2016-09-24 14.00.43.jpg (255KB, 1115x1087px) Image search: [Google]
2016-09-24 14.00.43.jpg
255KB, 1115x1087px
>>49494633
Speaking of, I finished making my Dark Mechanicum Arlatax. It's definitely more towards the daemon-engine end of things, but so is the rest of my stuff so far.
>>
>>49494971
High risk, something-something reward. Too scared to live on the edge?

>>49494976
Not enough to buy 12 resin bricks. Besides, if the opponent brings 12 resin bricks, he'll come to me.
>>
>>49494773
>-Forge Lord
>-Tartaros Terminator Armour, Thunder Hammer, Combi-Bolter, Conversion Beamer, Rad Grenades
Got pics?
>>
>>49495069
>High risk, something-something reward. Too scared to live on the edge?
theres a difference between high risk high reward, and just asking to get rekt.

for example i run 17x red butchers in 2 kharybdis with angron, praetor and surlak, and a terminator apothecary in the 2nd unit, with cimson path so everybody has a 4+++ or 3+++ FNP. both come in turn 1 thats high risk high reward.

>Not enough to buy 12 resin bricks. Besides, if the opponent brings 12 resin bricks, he'll come to me.
trust me, if they want to come to you things arent going to go your way in CC
>>
>>49495059
Nice job, got more pics from other angles?
Also what's the body from? Are there any DarkMech stories, they seem cool, other than Kryptos?
>>
>>49495130
>if they want to come to you things arent going to go your way in CC

So then why would I want to go to them to fight in CC?

End of the day, this isn't my #rektn00bs army, this is just what I like and what I had lying around that I built to be the way I wanted it to be. If I want to be a dick, I'll just get my DG and gas the juice.
>>
>>49495072
Not right now, sorry. It's a real kitbash of a custom suit holding a thunder hammer with both hands and with the conversion beamer over the shoulder.
>>
>>49494786
>>49494819
Wait, but the XIX legion is the Raven Guard though.
>>
>>49495193
>So then why would I want to go to them to fight in CC?
yolo
>End of the day, this isn't my #rektn00bs army, this is just what I like and what I had lying around that I built to be the way I wanted it to be. If I want to be a dick, I'll just get my DG and gas the juice.
fair enough
>>
>>49495059
Dinobot/100
>>
>>49495248
sorry my mistake, I mistook the second X for a V
>>
File: 2016-09-24 14.01.14.jpg (254KB, 1294x959px) Image search: [Google]
2016-09-24 14.01.14.jpg
254KB, 1294x959px
>>49495158
I don't have a lot of good pictures of it, but anyways it's based off of that monopose chaos spawn thing from the Age of Sigmar kit.
>>
if I take ordo reductor allies for my IW it's still just one heavy suppourt i can take for my allies
>>
>>49494702
>>49494781
I like it.
Dunno about a Terran sounding IW name though, sorry.
>>
>>49494702
arachmus?
>>
>>49494702
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eris_(mythology)
she spread bitterness upon men, so maybe masculinise it to erin
>>
>>49494702
http://www.behindthename.com/name/adrastos
also this adrastos, or adarastos
>>
>>49495583
I feel like that's too close to the IF Arachmus.

>>49495684
I'm just not feeling it. Maybe. Maybe.

>>49495758
I actually like this one. Feels a bit too Greek/Olympian, but that can be handwaved. I'll try and think up some more names, and take more from you guys too!
>>
>>49495520
I'm assuming that is a question, if so the answer is yes.
>>
>>49495809
then change the -os to an -us, that's how similar late greek and early empire latin is
>>
>>49495908
Warsmith Adrastus Karth, maybe?

Doesn't sound too bad.
>>
>>49495949
I can dig that, sounds gothic enough that it would be in a BL book, then again they did have Krieger
>>
>>49494702
>Terran-esque names
Do we have any named Terran IV legionnaires? We could go off from there?

They were recruited from Gun Tribes of the Auto Plateaus of Sek-Amrek, so we can go on from there.

Sek-Amrek is definitely a corruption of Second America, so in Terran IV Legionary names we can infer that there would be lots of short, hard sounds with letters such as k being plentiful.
>>
Iron Fire 2k
help me trim the list so it's the best it can be
ROW: iron fire
HQ
Delegatus 65

Elites
Apothecary x2 90

Contemptor mortis 125, autocannons 10, extra armour 5, 140

Troops
(Tactical squad 125, 5 more 50, knives 30, 205) x 2

Heavy Suppourt
Basilisk x3 420

Allied
ordo reductor
Magos reductor 125
Thallax 135
Minotaur x3 615

I think there should be more interceptors, but wonder if it would be worth it

1 apothecary in each squad, and delegatus leading from the front, never used thallax before so don't know, magos sticks with Minotaurs to buff 'em
>>
>>49496080
maybe pseudo biblical american names corrupted into Fun-et-Kicks
>>
>>49496128
Ironfire still works even if the ordnance is from units in an allied detachment?
>>
>>49496054
Do you mean Kroeger?

>>49496080
Huh. That's pretty cool, anon.

>>49496151
Let's try and come up with some stuff, anons! I have to go do something though, I'll be back in a bit.
>>
>>49496219
according to 1d it does because battle brothers but I'll check the books now
>>
>>49496219
'sworn brothers are treated as friendly units and independent characters may join squads'
yeah i'd say they get the scatter buff
>>
File: Lorgar.png (835KB, 600x887px) Image search: [Google]
Lorgar.png
835KB, 600x887px
Did Lorgar ever stop to think about what he and his legion were doing?
>>
>>49496366
nah hes retarded
>>
>>49496246
top american names
>aaron- exalted one
he was a prideful commander killed in the decimation by pertuabo himself for his reckless command
>adrian- dark one
its new america so maybe they made slavery legal again, and he escaped with his fellow slaves
>ain- merciful one
also killed for pertuabo for not being swift enough with committing to the frontal assault
>aldrick aldrin- old or wise ruler
perhaps not a true space marine but same treatment as kor phaeron and luther
>alyward- noble protector
head of somones command squad, protected the king until e was space cold
>gawyen -white falcon
first into the breach upon his jetbike, ala alexander the great
>gerado- brave with spear
first son of king the emperor killed, and tried to stab Big E. when he entered the throne room
>http://www.babynameguide.com/categoryamerican.asp?strGender=M&strAlpha=M&strCat=American&strOrder=Name
>>
>>49496488
>marcus- warlike
always called for war no matter who he encountered and no matter the odds, decimated for brashness
>>
>>49496488
>rafael- healed by god
more machine than man
>reave- steward
son of king's friend who was to become a governor
>rene- reborn
dreadnought
>vinson- conqeuror
dunno
>kennedy- ugly head
Gets shot by assassin Kappa
no got shrapneled to hell and back
>herve- army warrior
ascended ranks by surviving
>collier- coal miner
laboured for the lords

anyone like any of them
>>
>>49496366
no, he was too interested in the melody to think properly, also chaos had already claimed his soul
>>
>>49496080
Only Tubal Cayne and Erasmus Golg so far
>>
What's the most unfluffy list you could make?
>>
>>49496872
mortarion with 2 librarians, and 9 bikes
>>
>>49496626
>>kennedy- ugly head
>Gets shot by assassin Kappa
>no got shrapneled to hell and back
SensibleChuckle.gif
>>
>>49496872
Angron with 2 librarians and sniper vets.
>>
>>49496930
you did have librarians in betrayer, but they all die at the end of the novel
>>
>>49496969
Yeah but they gave him insane migraines and he hated them
>>
>>49496872
Loyalist Word Bearers.
>>
>>49496981
they stopped him suffocating underground
>>
>>49497009
there's still one chapter of loyalists by istvaan so maybe they got stuck in a warp storm and their faith kept the shields alive
>>
>>49496969
Checked.
Like >>49496981 said, the WE didn't consider their librarians to be full legion members. They would die and nobody would care. They shouldnt have the LA(WE) rule, and note you can't take them when running Berzerker Assault.
>>
>>49496872
Loyalist Dark Angel Flamer-spam.
>>
>>49497219
Firewing
>>
>>49497031
Or a chapter gets lost in the far reaches of the galaxy pre-Monarchia so they never get the memo of stop worshipping the Emperor, eventually the original members of the chapter die and only the second generation marines come back into the heresy making them even more detached from the main Word Bearers, out of shame these marines never contact loyalist forces but proceed to fight a guerrilla war against traitors at any chance they get.
>>
Can anon post the thing that went along the lines of silk for the pretty maid, something for the something, but cold, cruel iron over them all?

I liked it and forgot to write it down.
>>
>>49496872
White Scar rapier spam gunline.
>>
>>49496872
Salamanders with as many outriders, land speeders and jetbikes as possible. Extra on the anti-grav.
>>
>>49497219
>Loyalist Dark Angels
fixed.
>>
>>49497307
Gold is for the mamzel -- copper for the maid --
Silver for the silversmith cunning at his trade."
"Good!" said the Warmaster, sitting in his hall,
"But Iron -- Cold Iron -- is master of them all."

So he made rebellion 'gainst the Emperor his liege,
Camped before his palace and summoned it to siege.
"Nay!" said the Iron Warrior on the rampart wall,
"But Iron -- Bitter Iron -- shall be master of you all!"
>>
>>49497351

Where did this come from? Was it in a HH book?
>>
>>49497351
Danke! Much appreciated.
>>
>>49497365
based on the poem 'cold iron' but then corrupted into 40k
>>
>>49497365
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:http://www.kiplingsociety.co.uk/poems_coldiron.htm&gws_rd=cr&ei=mAnnV6CKDcPWapDFoZgE
>>
>>49495684
>Masculine
>Erin
Erin is literally a feminized version of Aaron (or vice versa - point is, Erin is a chick name)
>>
>>49497423
Yet on many places Andrea ("man") is a woman's name.
>>
>>49497454
And Andre has become the masculinized form, I don't see your point. It's another example of the same thing.
>>
>>49497463
What I tried to say is that a name can be used regardless of the originally assigned Iron Warrior gender.
>>
>>49497490
I'm so bitter that you just assumed my gender, you're probably a fist player aren't you
>>
File: image.png (563KB, 933x769px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
563KB, 933x769px
>>49497333
Such a pretty meme.
>>
>>49497520
No, you assumed my gender, and now you're assuming my legion? I'll retort by assuming you're cis-Reddit or something like that
>>
>>49496128
Anyone?
>>
>>49497382
in exchange could you r8>>49496128
>>
>>49496128
>Naked Delegatus
Beginnig with the wrong foot

>C. Mortis Autocannons
Neh. Also, don't they have Extra Armour standard?

And yes, you need a billion Interceptors, and also stuff to prevent deepstriking termies from getting close to the artillery...and also stuff that can take advantage of Fearless.

Plz, I hate phoneposting.
>>
Question: I get the impression that very few people play Ultramarines. Is this impression accurate or not?
>>
>>49497850
Nah, it's just that we don't have many UMfags in this thread. The IWfags couldn't handle them.
>>
How about a list that isn't Iron Warriors for once?

Salamanders, Covenant of Fire - 3000 Points

HQ: Legion Praetor, Mantle of the Elder Drake, Dragonscale Storm Shield, Master-Crafted Thunder Hammer, Cataphractii Armour – 190 Points

Elites: 10X Firedrake Terminators, 9X Thunder Hammers, 1X Master-Crafted Thunder Hammer, 10X Dragonscale Storm Shields, Legion Spartan w/ Armoured Ceramite – 950 Points

Troops: 10X Legion Tacticals, Rhino w/ Twin-linked Flamer – 160 Points
10X Legion Tacticals, Rhino w/ Twin-linked Flamer – 160 Points
5X Pyroclasts – 160 Points
10X Legion Support Marines, 10X Flamers, Rhino w/ Twin-linked Flamer – 210 Points
Heavy Support: Legion Sicaran Venator, Lascannon, Heavy Flamer – 230 Points
Legion Sicaran Ventaor, Lascannon, Heavy Flamer – 230 Points
Deredeo Dreadnought, Atomantic Pavaise, Arachnus Lascannon Battery – 285 Points
Lord of War: Vulkan – 425 Points
>>
>>49497879
Well, that too I guess, but aside from a few showcase armies I've never really seen many tabletop ultramarines.
>>
>>49497894
Did 4chan eat your post, or is it that poorly formatted?
>>
>>49497894
>>49498012
looks fine on desktop. what's the plan with the Deredeo plus shields? I've always wanted to run one like that but no clue what to surround it with to get that tasty invuln bonus.
>>
File: IMG_20160924_172143.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160924_172143.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
Gonna be painting over these neon yellow monstrosities next week. Any suggestions for a color that'll complement the dark yellow/silver of my Imperial Fists? I'm worried about getting the paint too thick on the panels to cover up the yellow.
>>
>>49498103
Agrax.

Agrax everywhere.
>>
>>49498012
4chan ate it.

>>49498054
The Deredeo is mostly going to be sitting further back as heavy AA. My biggest reason for grabbing the Pavaise was so that he doesn't get gunned down as quickly. If there's no air, I'll switch it out for something more appropriate to what I'm up against.
>>
>>49498134
Pavaise only works on infantry, he doesnt get the bonus invuln.
>>
>>49498204
Pavaise increases the Deredeo's invuln to 4+ against shooting attacks. Source: Red book on my lap.
>>
>>49498204
Nigga try reading the rules before trying to correct someone
>>
>>49498103
Instead of adding a color you could try removing those mold lines.
>>
File: Hawk's_Duty_Oathsworn_Freeblade.jpg (117KB, 815x713px) Image search: [Google]
Hawk's_Duty_Oathsworn_Freeblade.jpg
117KB, 815x713px
>>49498103
Yellow and red always go well together, and also works as being a very Fisty colour.
>>
>>49496366
Well he is the worst primarch objectively so probably not
>>
Just finished reading Path of Heaven a little while ago. Eidolon is pretty good at being a cunt in a macro sense even when he's working with limited resources. Don't really get what Fulgrim and the other 2/3 of the EC are up to, though.
>>
>>49499055
I maintain that the worst primarch was probably Ferrus with Dorn as a close second. Ferrus completely through any sort of strategy out the window like an angry child and died for it while Dorn led his legion into an obvious trap and got a huge number of them killed. I can't help but look down on them for their tactical decisions. Other than that though, Dorn's a decent fellow. Ferrus is still trash though.
>>
Is there a way to run sagyar mazan effectively?
>>
>>49499827
Threw*
I feel like an idiot now.
>>
File: image.jpg (217KB, 850x1234px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
217KB, 850x1234px
Hmmm...

Warsmith Andrastus Karth?

Warsmith Andrastus Krast?

Warsmith Karthus Krast?

Warsmith Krastus Karth?

Warsmith Karstus Krath?

Warsmith Krathstus Karth?
>>
>>49499827
>being understandably upset your favorite brother betrayed you to a pantheon of dark gods from space hell is worse than betraying your entire race to a pantheon of dark gods from space hell
shit taste tbqh famalam.
You do have a point on Dorn though, dude was retarded as fuck
>>
>>49499883
Kratthuth Anthrathruth
>>
>>49499883
Crassus Trask
>>
>>49499929
Well shoot, thath prethy gud!

>>49499934
Considering it.
>>
>>49499883
Either Karthus Krast, or Krastus Karth. Both are short and hard enough to sound like your dick like a Terran IW's name.
>>
>>49499093
Mortarion's in that one, isn't he? What's I like?
>>
>>49500079
Like a jealous girlfriend who routinely checks your phone and browser history.
>>
>>49499996
I think I'll go with Karthus Krast. Has a nice ring to it.

My only problem is that Krast is also the name of a Martian Knight House, but that's not too much of a problem.
>>
>>49500361
Maybe they were related before the fall of Terra during the Age of Strife?
>>
>>49500403
Eh, I feel like that's pushing it. Besides, Typhon shares his name with Typhon.
>>
>>49499913
I can understand being upset about it. I can understand him being pissed that Fulgrim tried to drag you into space hell too. But despite supposedly being one of the greater tacticians and generals, he just rushed in like a potato.
>>
Seeing as there are no rules for Argel Tal, how would you guys feel about someone running him like so: WS 6, BS 4, S 5, T 5, W 4, I 5, A 3, LD 9, 2+ save equipped with a power sword, power spear, Artificer Armour, and grenades. With the regular Gal Vorbak rules but with The Crimson Lord special rule, granting Dark Channeling to Gal Vorbak in the detachment for 215 points?
>>
Worst Traitor Primarchs (from worst to best) :

>Lorgar
>Mortarion
>Fulgrim
>Horus
>The Lion
>Perterbabo
>Angron
>Magnus
>Alpharius Omegon

Prove me wrong. Protip: You can't
>>
>>49500616
And the obvious default bolt pistol or bolter.
>>
>>49500626
Alpharius is dead, Omegon's loyal, Lorgar became a badass when he became transfigured. GG.
>>
>>49500549
>But despite supposedly being one of the greater tacticians and generals, he just rushed in like a potato.

Dying was part of the point of the Iron Cage for Dorn, yes it might have been stupid but to Dorn it wasnt just running into the guns, it was a legion wide pain glove meant to purify his legion and himself from the failure that surrounded him. It was Dorn decimating his legion.
>>
>>49500657
I was referring to Iron Hands of the Iron Hands, but your explanation of the Iron Cage makes me think even less of Dorn. He lost the majority of his remaining legionaries, harming the future of humanity significantly for a terrible reason.
>>
>>49500642
>Lorgar
>Badass
nah. There was literally never a point in time where Lorgar was badass except MAYBE in 60k during the only good fanfiction of "The Age of Dusk."

I put Alpharius at the bottom because we don't know his motives beyond possibly being loyal to destroying chaos by destroying the Imperium (which is also dubious).

I'm glad we're on the same page about the lion at least
>>
>>49500626
I'll fix your list, anon.

>Fulgrim
>Alpharius
>Horus
>Mortarion
>Curze
>Magnus
>Lorgar
>Perturabo
>Angron
>>
>>49500685
Traitor or Loyalist, I don't mind the Lion. Deals with insubordination the right way. Punching them so hard they literally lose their heads.
>>
>>49500688
Alpharius and Magnus were completely justified in what they did. And Curze was crippled mentally at birth so he's absolved of guilt imo
>>
>>49500626
Agreen except not for Pert. Pert was understandable. Man if I worked as hard as he did while others took the credit, I'd be pissed as fuck. And if another good employee at my workplace up and quit and started a competition down the street I'd be down for that. Pert gets a bad rap
>>
>>49500728
Nah, I pit Alpharius low because of memes. He's probably higher ranked than that, to be honest.
>>
Ultramarines Orbital Assault or Blood Angels Day of Revelation. I need to start building a new legion or I'm gonna go crazy. World of Warcraft is fun but it kinda feels even more pointless than toy soldiers.
>>
>>49500772
Blood Angels, do a shattered legions force based on the siege of Terra. Thats my plan.
>>
>>49500791
not a bad plan since my other army is Imperial Iron Fists...
>>
>>49494702
>>49494781
I like it! Nice change of pace, reading some OC in the general instead of just memes and lists. Good job, anon!

>>49500361
Warsmith Krast sounds pretty cool to me, rolls off the tongue nicely too!
>>
File: IW.png (47KB, 978x204px) Image search: [Google]
IW.png
47KB, 978x204px
>>49500626
Here is the objective list

Traitor faggots tier ;

>The Lion
>Curze
>Horus
>Fulgrim
>Alpharius

Have done nothing wrong tier;

>Mortarion
>Magnus
>Lorgar
>Angron
>Perturabo

Mortarion got tricked and forced to comply because of Typhus. Lorgar is better than Magnus because Magnus didn't redpilled Lorgar properly regarding the immaterium.

As a side note, Angron's last conscious actions are saving his little brother by breaking universal squatting records and BTFO the Papa Smurf with the most glorious diss.
Absolutely based
>>
>>49500882
Lorgar did literally everything wrong though, anon. He and his stupid ass caused the entire heresy. It may be called the Horus Heresy but Lorgar fucking started it. Fuck him
Also Curze did nothing wrong
>>
>>49500882
>lorgar
Good intentions but then he gave in to bad shit that he definitely knew was bad shit.
>mortarion
how so?
>pert, mag, ang,
agree
>curze
he's literally a good guy but with MPD
>Alpharius
good intentions but actually this time and at least his alter ego/his brother is loyal
>>
>>49500915
Actually Erebus and Kor Phaeron started everything. When Lorgar was depressed and desperate after the Emperor punished him for the worship, they told him "You know those cults you purged on our home world ? We kept them alive and spread them around in secrecy. And seeing how the Emperor doesn't want worship, maybe those cults actually had a point huh ?"

Specially Erebus is just a gaint manipulative dick. Damn do I hate that guy
>>
>>49501006
I just have a strong suspicion that many other legion's geneseed in Erebus/Phaeron wouldn't have led to the worship of chaos, you know?
And after Lorgar's creation of Daemon/Astartes hybrids led to them just getting beat up by every other legion's Astartes I just think Lorgar sucks in general
>>
File: IW2.png (68KB, 952x255px) Image search: [Google]
IW2.png
68KB, 952x255px
>>49500915
>Lorgar did literally everything wrong though, anon. He and his stupid ass caused the entire heresy. It may be called the Horus Heresy but Lorgar fucking started it.

Not really, no. He just wanted the truth. And being the ever-zealous kind, he revered in the correct faith.His mistake was not realizing even when you are confronted by the true gods, you must not worship them without consolidating and questioning their teachings with your inner conscience. On the other hand as a borderline maniac zealot, who is he to question the will of real gods?

>Also Curze did nothing wrong

Nighthaunter killed people without trial, without a moral compass and presumed himself to be the justice without anything to imply so.
For fucks sake he even killed for fun.

>>49501006
>Erebus and Kor Phaeron
Without Lorgar giving it a try, and starting his pilgrimage and accepting the foul gods as his gods, their heresy is nothing.
>>
>>49501063
Kor Phaeron has never been turned into a marine, he never recieved any geneseed. They did to him the same thing as Luther. So no excuse for him

And Erebus ... well Typhon for example was also messing around with Nurgle worship, despite his primarch's stance on anything warp related. Some men are just too hungry for power and control, and Erebus is one of the worst when it comes to that.
>>
>>49501081
>Not really, no. He just wanted the truth. And being the ever-zealous kind, he revered in the correct faith.His mistake was not realizing even when you are confronted by the true gods, you must not worship them without consolidating and questioning their teachings with your inner conscience. On the other hand as a borderline maniac zealot, who is he to question the will of real gods?

Lorgar made his bed; now he needs to live with it.

>Nighthaunter killed people without trial, without a moral compass and presumed himself to be the justice without anything to imply so.
>For fucks sake he even killed for fun.
Curze was fucked up at birth. I wouldn't blame him for his actions so much because he wasn't all the way "there" in the head. He even knew his legion was fucked up and intentionally crippled it before the Heresy started by destroying Nostromo. Then he even killed himself to stop himself from committing more evil. He's all right in my book
>>
File: 20.jpg (62KB, 627x806px) Image search: [Google]
20.jpg
62KB, 627x806px
Have any of you guys got some Solar Auxilia? Las rifle sections in particular. I want to use them as the troops in my own Imperial Guard army but I hate those wheel things on their backpacks. Was looking for some backpack photos to see how easy they would be to remove.
>>
>>49501006
There's a flashback in Angels of Caliban where Typhus talks about the Seven Pillars that will bring about Chaos' return to humanity (i.e. original CSM). He's one of them, Erebus is another. I assume Kor'Phaeron and maybe Fabius are also others.
>>
>>49501141
Curze let himself be killed to let the Emperor known he was willing to die for his cause (being on the side of Horus) nothing so noble as stopping himself from hurting others.
>>
File: 1474677568439.png (65KB, 1633x306px) Image search: [Google]
1474677568439.png
65KB, 1633x306px
>>49501141
>Lorgar made his bed; now he needs to live with it.

Indeed.
>10000 years of pure worship without a distraction
Pure bliss. Imagine in what galaxy-fucking MyEmprahisthisshitreal-tier manner he will return.

>Then he even killed himself to stop himself from committing more evil.
Again hubris. Who he is to judge himself as a criminal and pass the final judgement? Same thing irked me in the Oedipus too.

I like the edgy faggot too. It is just he could have redempt himself, instead of being the dark justice.
>>
File: 20160924_221909.jpg (211KB, 1050x704px) Image search: [Google]
20160924_221909.jpg
211KB, 1050x704px
Was gifted a spare apothecary body so I put together a bit to complete him
>>
Looking to start 30k
Is death guard any good or should I wait to see if fw does anything for thousand sons
>>
>>49501296
Well, plastic MK. III armour is right around the corner, so from a modelling angle it's never been better to be a Death Guard player.
>>
>>49501296
There isnt power rankings in the sense that 40k has them.

There are for sure some legions with better special rules, but theyre all much closer together than say orks and eldar

Just read the fluff for each legion, look at their color scheme and play style and pick your favorite.
>>
File: image.png (3MB, 1143x1089px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
3MB, 1143x1089px
>>49501296
Death Guard are pretty good in my opinion. Have great morale rules, but -1" when it comes to stuff like sweeping advances. Both of their unique units are cool too.

Plus, this handsome fella is in 30k, and is actually better than how he is 10,000 years in the future.

Calas Typhon, or as he's known as in 40k, Typhus the Traveler.
>>
File: image.jpg (142KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
142KB, 720x960px
>Istvaan V is describes as having black sands
>All the FW dioramas and pictures, as well as this base are all mud/dirt colored.
Explain this, /hhg/.
>>
>>49501351
It looks better?

I still do all my bases in black sand due to autism, but that brown base is nice as fuck.
>>
>>49501351
It's inconclusive, they have an example of a mud base to the left and it's much darker than that.
>>
>>49501200
Curze was split into two halves: the evil and the just. He was, in some instances, practically two different people.

Plus, someone ELSE judged him a criminal and tried to kill him. The good half, in a lucid moment, decided that he had a chance to end it in a way that his Legion might understand (hence his last words).
>>
>>49501351
Well I somehow doubt that all the sand on a planet is going to have the exact same color. The only example I know certainly hasn't
>>
>>49501324
Wait.

Are those chaos symbols/letters on his scalp?
>>
>>49500616
Really? Nothing?
>>
>>49501278

That actually looks better than the standard retarded dual small light pack. Also matches the Mk IV single jump pack engine theme. He's missing the geneseed drill though.

Where is that light from?
>>
File: image.gif (2MB, 395x219px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
2MB, 395x219px
What sort of Mechanicum creation be this?
>>
>>49502005
You know those scenes where dudes fight combat servitors in the training cages?

That's what's happening here.
>>
File: image.jpg (55KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55KB, 600x620px
Best Land Raider coming through!
>>
File: 19464926893_7326afa398_h.jpg (336KB, 1600x809px) Image search: [Google]
19464926893_7326afa398_h.jpg
336KB, 1600x809px
>>49502030
Coolest tank coming through!
>>
File: Bitterabo.jpg (82KB, 490x401px) Image search: [Google]
Bitterabo.jpg
82KB, 490x401px
Rolled 6 (1d10)

Alright boys time for a decimation, roll it
>>
File: image.jpg (35KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
35KB, 600x620px
Rolled 9 (1d10)

>>49502116
Best Legion Specific Dreadnought coming through!

>>49502130
Jokes on you, I'm already dead!
>>
Rolled 10 (1d10)

>>
Rolled 5 (1d10)

>>49502130

I got this.
>>
Rolled 5 (1d10)

>>49502130
A-are we getting offed on a 10 or a 1 this time?
>>
>>49501919
Its the searchlight from the venerable dread kit
>>
>>49502139
Alright boys, grab your power shovels and kill him.

>>49502141
It's always 10.
>>
Rolled 4 (1d10)

>>49502130
May my example inspire us all to be better sons.
>>
>>49501278
The lack of that apothecary thingy that he should have on his hand triggers my autism so much.
>>
>>49502190
I'll stick a chainfist saw on there tomorrow
>>
>>49502214
Awww, you don't need to do that for me anon, wink wink.
>>
File: 1370029517008.jpg (195KB, 800x915px) Image search: [Google]
1370029517008.jpg
195KB, 800x915px
Rolled 3 (1d10)

>>49502130
Lord of Iron commands!
>>
File: 1370029389024.jpg (56KB, 539x647px) Image search: [Google]
1370029389024.jpg
56KB, 539x647px
Rolled 1 (1d10)

>>49502137
Even in death we may get decimated.
>>
>>49502137
>Best Legion Specific Dreadnought
What is it?
>>
>>49502496
Going out on a limb here and saying its Iron Warriors.
>>
>>49502551
Yeah, I figured that.
It looks like your friendly Contemptor, I don't know why its special.
>>
File: image.jpg (154KB, 548x706px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
154KB, 548x706px
>>49500616
>>
File: 1473988503869.png (1MB, 926x860px) Image search: [Google]
1473988503869.png
1MB, 926x860px
Rolled 5 (1d10)

>>49501149
They wouldn't be that easy to remove. You could do it with a dremel, but it'd be a pain in the dick.

Honestly, the wheels aren't that bad, they're very non-intrusive. But if you really hate em it's going to be a problem.

>>49502137
Best Knight coming through!

>>49502575
You joking bro, it's got bloody chevrons embossed on it
>>
>>49502748
Real best Knight coming through!
>>
File: image.jpg (54KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
54KB, 600x620px
>>49502823
>>
>>49502748
Holy shit, Harkor?
>>
>>49499883
Warsmith Kraut
>>
>>49502697
Too strong? Too weak? Undercosted? Overcosted? Contribute so I can alter this.
>>
>>49502823
>>49502829
>Hey boss, we got that dope new Knight chassis you wanted, now you get to choose what weapons it has!
>Y-you don't... you seriously don't want the cannon that shoots black holes, or the insanely badass laser blade that can cut through fucking anything?
>You're going with the flamethrower.
>...And the little chainfist piece of shit thing too?
>A-and you want us to take some of the armour off the legs as well?
>Well, you're the boss...

>>49502859
Hmm?
>>
>>49502954
>No, I don't want that black hole gun! I saw what it did to my third cousin, made him disappear without a trace, alongside a good portion of the land he was standing on! Created a nice crater for my new summer estate.
>Of course I want the giant flamer! How else am I to roast xenos with style and have the ability to melt their pathetic vehicles? And yes, the reaper chainfist with inbuilt heavy bolters is what I want! Can't punch AND tear at the same time with anything else, now can I?
>Now get back to work, 'ere I have you flogged for insubordination.
>>
File: mki.jpg (1MB, 4048x3040px) Image search: [Google]
mki.jpg
1MB, 4048x3040px
>>49502030
Your pale imitations do not frighten me.

The proteus really shouldn't have mounted guns on the hull, it doesn't work. Should have just kept it clean.
>>
>>49494584
>Is the absolute madman that is Idriss Krendl a member of the Lyssatra?
In "the Iron Within" he isn't, he may have become inducted after the Schadenhold failure, but we won't be sure until, if at all, it is stated so.
Whatever happens about that, Lyssatra gives me a huge hard-on. When combined with the Mechanicum, should it use Cybernetica or Reductor list?
>>
>>49502990
>The proteus really shouldn't have mounted guns on the hull, it doesn't work. Should have just kept it clean.
Unless it's a TL-lascannon*
There, fixed.
>>
>>49503032
You can mount rapid-fire volcano cannons on there and it'd still look bad.
>>
>>49497351
based
>>
Ok gents,

I'm just getting into this, and at the moment I don't have enough cash to splurge immediately on a whole 3000 points

I'm gonna get B@C and a bonus squad someone's gifted me. I'm gonna run Imperial Fists, emphasising Bolters and Tank Hunter naturally so big tac squads will be my first focus, and considering an all-las squad of Heavy Support.

I have 2 big questions that I hope you can help with:

1. I'll grab magnets, but how is best to set up the Termies and Dread in that box?

2. What tanks are really worth it for the VIIth? Preds with Las? Land Raiders out the arse? Vindicators and Scorpius for pie plate trauma?
>>
>>49503290
Get 4 extra MkIV legs and you can make extra dudes, since BaC sprues come with 11 torsos and more than enough arms and heads. Maybe use them for apothecaries or something.

Vindicator feels like a very Siegeish weapon. They also got that laser variant, which is better than a las predator.
>>
>>49501351
Black Library lied to you.
>>
>>49502935
No one really cares about homebrew rules, especially not when an acceptable substitute already exists (the dark martyr).
>>
>tfw when OUR GUY Ahriman feed the space yiff traitor's soul to the warp

Ahriman is the best.
>>
>>49503896
>le spess yiff meme
>>
>>49503997
>wet lepard growl
>>
>>49504029
>Not Bear
>>
>>49504043
fug :DDDDDD
>>
>>49498103
am I just imagining mould lines
>>
does anyone know when the Prospero Forge World book is coming out? I'm only asking because the Thousand Sons transfers are up for pre-order
>>
>>49501296
Death Guard are great beatsticks and are some of the best at holding ground, but they aren't going to capture it fast. Generally, you use them as a moving Gunline. They walk up the field and shoot anything that moves, whilst their Terminators fuck everybodies shit up in melee.
>>
>>49498103
Red and blue. Red tends to be a good colour to do over yellow. Blue also works as it could be some foreshadowing to the Crimson Fists colour scheme.
>>
>>49504154

Before Christmas for sure
>>
File: 1417404852293.jpg (767KB, 1600x1388px) Image search: [Google]
1417404852293.jpg
767KB, 1600x1388px
I thought this bloke was supposed to be really pretty?
>>
>>49504554
It's symbolic. All of Fulgrim's illustrations are like the portrait of Dorian Gray and they just keeps getting uglier.
>>
>>49504554
I would have liked if they went with the Jason Isaacs face instead of the Fabio-in-a-wind-tunnel face.
>>
>>49494606
Depends on the extras, orbital assault and extras being pods could gleefully counter quadmortars
>>
File: 1449277300477.jpg (186KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1449277300477.jpg
186KB, 1200x1600px
>>49504864
>240x320
Why?
>>
>>49501351
Is there a step-by-step guide for these?
>>
>>49504554
You traitors have to deal with ugly mugs but there ain't no ugly mugs among the loyalists.
>>
>>49504974
What about Ferrus looking like a potatoe with stubble?
>>
>>49504884
what a fugly head
>>
>>49501278
Where's the narthecium
>>
>>49505142
He's Frank Castle. His mug is beyond our mortal judgment.
>>
>>49505157
up ur butt lol
>>
>>49504554
Worst boys don't get to be pretty.
>>
>>49501713
Well he did worship chaos before it was mainstream
>>
>>49502990
Why is there track on the door
>>
Been rereading Fear To Tread recently, and had forgotten how much I liked the spooky bits when they don't know what the fuck is going on. I also enjoyed the spooky bits in First Heretic, as Argel et al head into the eye. What are some other HH books with some spooky goings on?
>>
>>49502214
You still need a vial
>>
>>49505502
Spare track if you get damage
>>
>>49505511
Damnation of Pythos, Vengeful Spirit, Twisted.
>>
File: image.jpg (59KB, 616x699px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
59KB, 616x699px
>>49505511
The fact that it's still going is pretty spooky.
>>
>>49505535
Ta. Is Twisted in one of the short story anthologies? Don't think I've heard of it.
>>
File: 1455700043980.jpg (173KB, 494x712px) Image search: [Google]
1455700043980.jpg
173KB, 494x712px
Angron......Angron had a hard life.....
>>
>>49505582
Yes.

It's quite comfy, and it's about how Maloghurst is essentially the vengeful spirit's manager with some conspiracy thrown there, and some genuine Horus fatherly moments
>>
>>49505616
B...But muh courage and honor...
>>
>>49505642

Rowboat really made himself look like a dense ass in that scene.

Not sure if it was intentional on the writers part or just a bad moment of writing where the writer desperately tried to give the Ultramarine primarch the moral high ground
>>
>>49504884
God thats way better than the actual one
>>
>>49505685
Rowboat was right about one thing. That little part about how Angron is still a slave, and too blinded by his past to ever prosper. Rowboat was basically saying "manlets never learn".
>>
>>49505582
Yes, it's both in Blades of the Traitor and War Without End anthologies.
>>
>>49505685
No, rowbutt was right.

Angron acted like he was the only one traumatized, and used it like a crutch to justify his fall, but the Lion, Corax, Sanguinus, all had as hard lives, and Jaghatai even shared his thoughts on freedom, but they still kept loyal.

And all Angron did was exchange golden chains for brass ones
>>
>>49505707
kek

Any idea on how big a base should a Magos on Abeyant have?
>>
>>49505711
Cheers, will look it up.
>>
>>49505502
Door?
>>
File: bc9916c1472fe49dd53ad2362d7e928b.jpg (813KB, 1920x1280px) Image search: [Google]
bc9916c1472fe49dd53ad2362d7e928b.jpg
813KB, 1920x1280px
>>49502990
Spare track link for repairing damaged track. If you have enough it provides protection from shaped charges too.
>>
>>49505270
I'm pretty sure he's just ugly as sin.
>>
how can i download faster from mega?
>>
File: 1466243429568.jpg (216KB, 664x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1466243429568.jpg
216KB, 664x1000px
>>49505270
>Frank's Frank Frank. Frank's Frank is beyond our frank Frank.
>>
>>49506836
He appeals to a Frank-cetric audience.
>>
>>49506836
He's not that bad looking to me.
>>49506886
Why's Frank using a Shuri-Frank?
>>
File: image.png (133KB, 598x405px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
133KB, 598x405px
Which Legion canonically got the oddest jobs?
>>
>>49507173
Imperial Fists?

>"Everyone crusade, except you Dorn, your and your sons are building a wall. and make sure those xenos pay for it!"
>>
>>49507173
Iron Warriors?

>Alright, guess we gotta garrison this planet.
>Yeah. Just the ten of us.
>What fun.
>>
>>49507173
>Hey Pert, you see those xenos over there?
>You mean the ones that bend space-time with their mere presence?
>Yeah, those.
>You mean those that aren't even near Imperial space?
>Yup, get them Pert.
>*Bitterness intensifies* Yes, my Warmaster.
>>
File: M4A4.jpg (160KB, 892x768px) Image search: [Google]
M4A4.jpg
160KB, 892x768px
>>49506753
That's not track armour, pic related is track armour.
>>
>>49499827
Corvus is pretty shit tbqh
>>
>>49507173
probably yiffs 2bh
>yeah when everybody else is crusading you need to go around picking fights with them and attempting to bully them
>>
File: image.gif (2MB, 400x332px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
2MB, 400x332px
I'm bored.
>>
>>49507173
Alpha Legion, considering they made every job they got an odd one.
>>
>>49507627
How so?
>>
File: 8dfgykK.jpg (168KB, 931x931px) Image search: [Google]
8dfgykK.jpg
168KB, 931x931px
>>49494550
All I ever see when I see this pic
>>
>>49507849
>imperial forces outnumbered 3:4
>still refuses to call back the Terran legionnaires
>>
>>49503815
>Acceptable substitute
Anon, the most interesting Word Bearer character deserves his own shit.
>>
>>49508087
>most interesting
>blatant ADB self insert, with waifu to boot

The most interesting WB is Sor Talgron
>>
>>49508027
You're implying he even knew where they were, he probably tossed them to wind and forgot about them
>>
>>49508176
Extermination clearly says that he refused to contact them even after Isstvan; that was just plain autism (not like they were going to respond though; see Ashen Claws)
>>
>>49508122
The waifu thing is dumb, but he's actually an interesting character. Rather than being like pretty much everyone else in the legion, he doesn't seem to really give a shit about worshiping Chaos and being a faggot and just acknowledges that Chaos exists and this is his life now. One of the best HH characters written, honestly. Meanwhile, I can't say I've read anything with Sor Talgron.
>>
>>49508214
Read the purge. Blows ADB's shitty self insert out of the water
>>
>>49508252
can ADB even write a book without some stupid self insert?
>>
>>49508214
Also forgot to add that Kurtha Sedd is also an interesting WB character in that unlike Aaron Tal; who sometimes reaches mary sue proportions; is just your regular Chaos worshiping chaplain who constantly but subtly fucks his rituals up and is many times saved either by pure luck or other WB sacrificing themselves

>>49508281
I honestly don't think so. I don't know why people suck his dick that bad
>>
>>49508316
>I don't know why people suck his dick that bad
adb is like matt ward, has to self inset and force his own gay opinions into everything he writes. usually mary sue shit everywhere.

the only people that like him are people who want their characters turned into poorly written mary sues, like sevatar. it reminds me of matt ward writing draigo or utramarine shit.
>>
>>49508316
>I like a character, therefore I suck ADBs dick
Good to know.
>>
>>49508460
>I like a shittily written character; therefore I'm a pleb
>>
>>49508473
I often forget this is Iron Warriors General.
>>
>>49504884

Why does he look like he is pole-dancing ? Not that it is something I can't imagine Fulgrim doing, but it seems a rather dangerous thing to do whilst holding a sword
>>
>>49508525
That has absolutely no connection to what I said.

Argel Tal is simply a shitily written character. To tell you the truth; most Horus Heresy characters are; and even then it depends on who's writing them
>>
>>49508551
I liked him. Granted, I like a lot of the Heresy novels. Best IW character is Barban Falk. Best Word Bearer is Argel Tal, but Barthusa Narek is pretty good. Best Thousand Sons is Phosis T'Kar. So on and so on.
>>
any tips for a /IWG banner
so far i'm thinking pile of salt and lemons with corpses on them and pertuabo grimacing
>>
>>49508691
A lemon fortress on a hill of salt, with Perturabo standing on top of it with a rageface badly photoshopped over his head
>>
>>49508691
Add in a barely visible fading smug dorn in the background and we're set
>>
>>49508791
any dorn's you'd recommend, or just a recoloured pepe
>>
>>49508808
There was a specific one that I had on my old PC before it overheated but sadly it's lost; some other anon may have it, it's of the same vein as smug Autek
>>
>>49499827
They're some of better primarchs - probably the best outside the top 5 of Horus, Johnson, Russ (he may have been a dick but Crusade-wise he got results), Sanguinius, and Bobby G
>>
>>49508691
I can't wait to see this.
>>
>>49508885
I really fail to see how. One died throwing strategy out the window, the other got most of his legion killed for idiot reasons.
>>
File: 54135613131.jpg (369KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
54135613131.jpg
369KB, 700x700px
>>49508885
>Russ
>Leman 'Just beat my shit in' Russ
>Leman 'Glass-jaw' Russ
>Leman 'Not in the face!' Russ
>Good
>>
>>49508885
>Crusade-wise he got results
name 1 thing he did crusade-wise
>>
>>49508912
I'm beginning to grow tired of this meme of judging Dorn by one mistake.

The dude fortified the solar system and Terra to such an extent that 9 whole legions + billions of auxiliaries and demons couldn't breach it; rused the head rusemaster himself and was the only loyalist to survive the vengeful spirit; and people shit on him for the Iron Cage
>>
>>49509010
It's something he deserves to be shat on for. He lost most of his legion in that battle. It was completely unnecessary and stupid. You want judgement for something else? Boarding a Chaos ship during a Black Crusade and dying to regular marines. That in itself is shameful for a primarch.
>>
>>49509216
>implying he's dead

Keep dreaming buddy
>>
>>49508953
He was an absolute monster in the crusade, the guy was fucking ludicrously good... Pity he got jobbed out to EVERYONE in the Heresy.
>>
>>49508968
3rd most Victories (which includes putting down rebellions and xenocides, as well as conquests) after Horus and Johnson

Ferrus was likely not far behind, given he too was a very early found primarch, and his legion stopped counting after a while
>>
>>49509296
>ludicrously good

We have literally only three engagements of him in the Heresy, of which one of them ended with him being punched by the Lion and the second nearly killed by Angron.

He's an interesting primarch but not that great
>>
>>49509299
That's ancient fluff, according to Praetorian of Dorn it's now Luna Wolves, Ultramarines and then Imperial Fists
>>
>>49509329
Which is why I said he got jobbed out to everyone. Thousand Sons, Night Lords, Alpha Legions, Lionell, World Eaters, everyone was allowed to go over Russ. Fuck Black Library. They needed him to lose most of his legion before the end of the heresy, but I refuse to believe that having him lose every single fight (Except one, which he only won in the sense that he completed his objective, he lost more men than the enemy did.) was the way to do it. It just makes him look stupidly incompetant
>>
>>49509394
I meant Great Crusade; derp.

But yes; even in the Heresy he was a jobber
>>
>>49509357
Ah crap I'm going to have to scan my copy now... are you sure that's not Conquests, or Worlds?
Those are typical Fist and Ultramarine actions; Luna Wolves top everything ofc
>>
>>49502748
I suppose I'll have to like them or lump them. I don't know if my body is ready for straightening out 60 resin las rifles anyway.
>>
>13/18 legions have red eyepieces
Explain.
>>
>>49509665
>'Rule of cool'
>80's satire
>>
>>49509243
He's dead. You're being dense, much like the Alpha Legion players.
>>
>>49509749
Where's the body?
>>
>>49509749
>Alpha Legion Players
You're saying that it's stupid to assume Alpharius isn't dead, when he made an entire career out of fooling people into thinking that they had killed him? The guy is essentially a Spy with a Dead Ringer.
>>
>>49509855

Stuck to Dorn's chainsword
>>
>>49509935
I meant Dorn's body
>>
>>49509963
They only found the hand, but I don't doubt the rest is still 'in use' for chaos marines :^)
>>
I want a Storm Lord tank because it reminds of me Orks, which melee legion would be the best to fill it up with Boyz and make a melee centric army of blobs? Blood Angels? World Eaters?
>>
>>49511648
I'd say World Eaters. Blobs in melee seems to be their thing.
>>
>>49511786
Holy shit a stormlord with 20 inductii and gahlan surlak.
Thread posts: 323
Thread images: 40

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.