[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Malifaux General: Keep your pimp hand strong

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 331
Thread images: 20

File: lucius1.jpg (25KB, 491x583px) Image search: [Google]
lucius1.jpg
25KB, 491x583px
Books:
https://mega.nz/#F!M9dyDTrI!eNYCwqvg4iPWy_z-M0P9dw

Book 1 - Basic Rules and first wave of updated (from 1st edition of malifaux) models
Book 2 - Second wave of updated models
Book 3 - Campaign system and new M2E models
Book 4 - not yet; if you have scans/pics please post.

Book 4 card pics: http://imgur.com/a/vJ5g0 https://imgur.com/a/tjdx4

Discord voice chat for malifaux chat and memery: https://discord.gg/xWkuFRz

Through the Breach Fated Almanac - Basic rules for the RPG set in Malifaux
Through the Breach Fatemaster Almanac - GM stuff for the RPG

>What is Malifaux?
Malifaux is a 32mm Skirmish Tabletop game, with a focus on completing several different objectives, while denying your opponent their objectives.

New Gaining Grounds Tournament Rules:
http://themostexcellentandawesomeforumever-wyrd.com/topic/114900-gaining-grounds-2016/

Last thread: >49324561
>>
>>49406289
Last thread actually >>49324561
>>
>>49406289
Rampant speculation on Divergent Paths character outcomes edition?

Most of the Outcast and Guild ones look pretty boring, to be honest, but some of the others look cool.

I think the Man's Guild(?) outcome, presumably giving him a free or hireable Guild Guard looks interesting, as long as he ends up outside Guild.

The Trickster learning magic from the Gremlins, or medicine/poison/necromancy from McMourning looks pretty cool too.

I'm intrigued by the Man's plan to sell booze for guns for the Gremlins though.
Would be interesting if he ended up Reckless, or acquired a Gremlin shooter.
>>
>>49407113
My fault. I herped when I should have derped.
>>
>>49407240
I'm a neverborn player so that's what i'm most intrested in.
The man sounds kind of boring so far.
Trickster and the child both sound a bit cooler.
Also when I was playing the mans scenario I was running Collodi and no nephilim so I have no idea how he'd end up with black blood
>>
>>49407255
No problem. That's what fwiends are for.

>>49407240
As an Arcanist player I naturally like the idea that the Trickster will either be able to control Constructs, or have some spiders of her own to play with.
Would be pretty cool if they each came with micro-crews - Trickster + Spiders, Man + Guards, Child + micro-Teddies.

Also, talking to folks at the FLGS, it seems like the Teddy getting chopped up and re-sewn as miniatures versions is most peoples' favourite part of this event's fluff.
>>
>>49407310
I had Colette - no Spiders.
Still, can't expect them to cater to literally every possibility.

But I can't wait to throw my games of Child scenario versus Gremlins in an effort to get the kid a pet chicken.
>>
>>49407240
I think the Man going resser is intersting. I want more Resser models with summoning.

Kid should definitely go Gremlins, for giant chicken. Mini-teddy is cool too.

None of the Trickster stuff seems that gool. Waking up in the morgue is kind of neet though.
>>
>>49406289
In a couple hours, I'm going to be teaching some new players.

Any last minute advice?
>>
>>49407821
Don't play Viks
>>
>>49407891
Don't play Viks, or don't let them play Viks?
>>
>>49407929
You don't play Viks. They hurt to go up against as a newbie
>>
>>49407950
Ah. I'm not sure I'm even going to play, depending on how many newbs we get.

I think I might be more worried about a newb playing Viks. If you take out one of the twins (and they're pretty squishy) they sort of fall apart.
>>
>>49407626
>I want more Resser models with summoning.
>more Resser summoning.
Fuck you, maaaan.

I agree that the Trickster, despite being the most hilarious scenario and (in theory) character, actually ahs pretty bland outcomes.
Except maybe learning curses from the Gremlins.

>>49407821
>>49407989
Maybe play a Master that can/will win the scenario either without killing their models, or after they've killed all your models?
One of my favourite moments of my first few games was winning on VPs despite being almost tabled - educational.
>>
>>49408088
If I had my buddy's Collete crew I'd run it.
Getting tabled and winning 10-3 would be a great way of reminding new players to focus on objectives.
>>
>>49407352
BUT BABY TEDDY, that little girl will be a monster like Baby Kade, think of the awesome of her Baby Kade and with two Teddies and a master of your choice
>>
>>49408261
anon stop, I can't take it.
>>
>>49408261
No, she must go to the bayou and wrangle my rooster
>>
>>49406289
HE
GOT
TOLD
>>
File: DivergentPathsChild.jpg (187KB, 500x453px) Image search: [Google]
DivergentPathsChild.jpg
187KB, 500x453px
>>49408226
Yup, I was playing Colette (one 'l', two 't's, dear) when I did it.

>>49408261
>>49408444
Gah, it's too adorable, I can't decide.
inb4 /d/ finds out we have a small girl with a cock taller than her.
>>
>>49408523
Potatto Pottato.
>>
>>49408598
Stop right there, criminal scum!

I think there's some part of the fluff where Colette snarks at someone about the proper spelling.
It's not just me.
>>
>>49408444
But if she goes to the Bayou "Bad Things Happen"
>>
File: mfx_stuffies.jpg (207KB, 800x641px) Image search: [Google]
mfx_stuffies.jpg
207KB, 800x641px
Well hellllo there, new painting fodder...
>>
>>49409958
>>49409958
NOICE!
Thunders and Neverborn?
Or are you one of those sods that can finance dozens of factions?
>>
Rules question:

When a model gets the Reactivate condition BEFORE activating in a turn, does it:
A) Get two (2) activations - one 'normal' one, and then the Reactivate later in the turn;
Or
B) Get one (1) activation - it does not RE-activate, it merely activates as normal.

Has come up twice recently, and two knowledgable folks at the FLGS gave different answers when asked.
>>
File: 1474181703506.jpg (913KB, 3264x1404px) Image search: [Google]
1474181703506.jpg
913KB, 3264x1404px
Alright so Misaki Anon here, back with my post battle commentary.

So I ended up fighting outcasts against Ten thunders because my guild opponent cancelled at the last moment. So Misaki Vs Shenlong in Chaos unleashed mission of Divergent paths.
Set up was 4 buildings in the corners, two small forests on the sides of the center point a little bit of scatter terrain. 14 models Deployed blindly and 10 of them we decided to set up around the Arcane trickster.
Schemes were Hunting party, convict labor, leave your mark, undercover entourage, and a quick murder.
I took Hunting party and Undercover Entourage with the entourage being misaki
He took leave your mark and Hunting party
Round 1 Consisted of a few blows being thrown but nothing really of note, we both kind of held back and re-positioned with shenlong trying his damnedest to misdirect my jorogumo's attacks into other stuff.
Round 2 Shenlong and his crew were rolling hot at the start, hurting most of the jorogumo and killing one off completely.
At the end of the turn I decided I needed to start working on the strategy and the only way I could do that is if Misaki killed Shenlong. I charged and burnt a stone so that I could get a + on the flip, and that + gave me an 11 of crows, with only 1 card in his hand he had to burn his 2 soulstones or get assassinated. Flipped and got severe damage. With no more soulstones and an ace in his hand he couldn't do much when I dropped a red joker to hit and murdered shenlong.
Round 3 We started to play around with the strategy with misaki and the jorogumo trying to puppy guard the trickster, but he kept dancing around and we were both able to score points while his crew started to wither and die.
>TBC
>>
>>49410609
round 4 saw more of his crew get ground down but I also took losses, Trying to score points off the trickster left my last jorogumo open and he committed to see it dead. At the end of the turn only a ronin, Misaki and a librarian were left on my team and a Shadow emissary on his side. Unfortunately the ronin and librarian were out of range of the trickster and I needed Misaki on his side of the board.
Round 5
try to move my librarian in the range of the trickster, just short.
Ronin gets fucking wrecked by the emissary, and misaki attempts to kill the Emissary but falls short as I forgot about hard to kill, but I was on his side of the board with full wounds.
Flip for turn 6, fail, game ends 10 vs 11 Shenlong.
>>
>>49410603
>A model with the Reactivate Condition is available to be Activated one additional time during this Turn, as if it had not already taken its Activation.

>A model may not benefit from the Reactivate Condition more than once per Turn, even if it lost the Reactivate Condition and then gained it again.

It can activate twice. It doesn't matter if it has or has not yet as long as reactivate is still on the model when it triggers reactivate. if something removes the condition your SOL
>>
>>49410603
Supplementary question:
What if a model with Reactivate but no Companion/Accomplice is the last model to activate?

Can you still activate twice back to back?
>>
>>49410603
First one,
Reactivate lasts til the end of the turn so it does matter if a model gets it before activating the first time.
>>
>>49410673
Up until a few days ago, yes.
The most recent FAQ disallows it, though.
>>
>>49410457
Mostly TT and Neverborn, plus a few Outcasts.
Not mine, I'm the group's resident painter. Sure looks nice in a pile though.
I'll finance more of my Arcanists with that
>>
>>49410673
Alright so lets say your opponent has activated all their models and your have a guy, we'll call him Jim, with reactivate that has not activated at all.

You activate Jim do his thing, then you pass to the opponent who has nothing left to activate and it's your activation again so you re-activate Jim.
>>
>>49410609
>>49410668
>Undercover Entourage
>Leave your mark
>No deployment zones
How did you play that?

I'm the Colette player with the report earlier in the thread - we just dumped all our Schemes that referenced Deployment Zones and opted for the Faction ones instead.

>>49410669
Good, that's how we agreed it should be played today, which pretty much won me the game.
Yesterday, after lengthy discussion, it was decided you couldn't REactivate if you hadn't activated yet, which lost me a good few VPs.
>>
>>49410744
That's fine
>>
>>49410705
>>49410744
>The most recent FAQ disallows it, though.
Bummer.
Ah well, it was pretty much a corner case anyway.
>>
>>49410609
>>49410668
All in all I don't think I could have done much else different, I feel his crew kind of crumbled after I killed shenlong. he admitted that he really liked the list, and that I probably should have won. oh well, I had fun, and got a bunch of stuff from someone who brought in some old metal stuff. Viks, Hamelin, Tara, and CR 7 are my next couple of projects.
>>49410762
It says on the thing that deployment is considered "Standard" for purposes of schemes and determining center line.
>>
>>49410789
>It says on the thing that deployment is considered "Standard" for purposes of schemes and determining center line.
Man, I need to learn to read.

How'd you both manage to score so highly from the Trickster though?
I had very little trouble boxing my opponent out with engagement ranges, or at least controlling potential push lanes.
Four and five points is a whole lot.
>>
>>49410857
that's actually something I'm kind of irritated with you can take a 1 interact if you are within 2" of her and can score up to 2 vps a turn on her if you flip or cheat in a ram or crow. we'd dance around each other pretty much, staying just out of reach and interacting with the woman to score our two and then go back to bashing faces.
>>
File: Nel.jpg (127KB, 395x533px) Image search: [Google]
Nel.jpg
127KB, 395x533px
Taking a break from my neverborn to work on some guild, might even get a game in with her later in the week.
I'm not sure what colour i'll be painting the hat though, going for light brown maybe ginger hair so maybe dark blue or black?
>>
>>49411068
I'd say do it the same as the pants, looks good so far btw.
>>
>>49410890
I sort of did the same, manoeuvring to get an angle to burn Rams for points, but it was still very easy with two models with 2" engagements to block about 210 degrees of access to her.
I guess the Thunders are quick, with a lot of pushes and Fast around.
Do the Jorugumo only have 2" Ml?
>>
>>49411068
>>49411086
Agreed, match the hat and trousers.

I'd go light blonde-y brown hair, maybe a touch of ginger to keep it out of the drab monochrome-except-with-browns area.

The papers, quill and hands will brighten it up a bit though.
>>
Just came back from my first tournament win and scored a sweet Hodgepodge emissary. I'm ok with paying $10 for him. Jack and Von Schill are officially boxed for good. From now on though going to start winning stuff for my brother. It'd be nice to get him Sensei Yu.
>>
>>49411119
Glaive has 3, bite has 1, he positioned it in such a way that he could be just outside of the jorogumo's reach and interact with the trickster.

Anyway it doesn't matter, it was a good game over all and I look forward to the Child mission and the self righteous man mission later this week. Any suggestions for outcast crews that might be good at them? I'm tempted to take some from the shadows stuff for the Man, and a sniper squad for the Child mission to max VPs
>>
>>49411272
Anything that will get to the Wagon first activation of turn two is good - you place him in b2b with the interacting model, so you have a bit of leeway getting him out of there if you can get someone else in quick to push him away.
Since it's only a 2" push, you can't get him that far without help.

A Freikorps Trapper is good, especially if you can Focus-Shoot his Strat Runner on it's way in.

Just bear in mind that getting run over by the wagon is no fucking joke - 2/4/6 is pretty rough.
>>
>>49411521
Wait, no, got that wrong.

(1) Interact from within 2" for a 4" push, but score 1VP by having 1+ model within 2" of him.
2VP for freeing him though, which is the big win.

So actually you could free him and ping him a decent way towards home in your first two activations of Turn 2, banking an easy four or five (of six).
>>
>>49411521
>>49411599

yeah kinda worried about that.

I got pretty much the entire Outcasts faction to work with honestly, I'm picking up some Convict gunslingers in the near future to run the shooty viks list, but I Got Von Schill, Tara, Viks, Hamelin, Jack Daw and Misaki to play around with (I have levi too but I'm gonna need some time for him as I got a bunch of stuff that he needs.) So Suggestions for the list?
>>
>>49411272
For the Child, two Trappers could easily block each pair of Witchlings and Retreat to Cover to shoot them, scoring those VP easily enough.

Or be positioned so one can push her home and takes one shot, while the other Focus-shoots to clean up.
>>
>>49411197
Congrats, m8
>>
>>49411629
For the Man, put a Trapper or similar 5-7" in and 1.5" on your side of the centreline.
Focus-shoot something first turn, try and kill any Terror Tots or fast jammers he might present.
Wagon rolls in, Trapper interacts (2VP) and (1) Interact pushes him 4" into the waiting arms of the next pinball paddle, who will in turn (1) Interact shove him safely into the middle of your main ball.
From there, his VP should be free and denial should be reasonably easy, even if it costs you a 1AP shove every turn.
Then it's all Schemes.

I guess crew-wise, you could go thematic Von Schill, since he's got a highly resilient blob, but still has Scheme running options and killing power?
>>
>>49411695
I was thinking about a squad of Hans and two trappers shooting the witchlings to make sure they couldn't get to the child while the rest of the crew goes after her, But having them deploy up near her to keep the child relatively safe and then pushing her back towards the safety of the crew also would work quite well.

>>49411793
10-4 I'm tempted to run a variation of the Von schill "elite" crew... what do you think about rusty alice being included for the Burnout Lazarus trick?
>>
>>49411865
>Sniper squad
Relies heavily on good firing lanes, unfortunately.

>Rusty Alice Burnout Lazarus trick?
I have no idea what that is.
To be honest, my suggestions were mostly based on how much I love the Trapper with my Arcanists, and the Schemes and Stones Von Schill episode that came out a few days ago.
>>
>>49411999
Burnout reduces a friendly construct to 1 wound but gives it reactivate. Laz has a healing ability and taking Librarians gives you other healing. Meaning Laz could be tossing out 4 grenades a turn.
>>
Question how does I pay better work? Does it Just check to see if the model is a merc or does it have to be hired as a merc (with the 1 ss tax)?
>>
>>49413072
It checks for the mercenary trait only.But it can be within the Outcast faction. So Performers and Crossroads 7 are just as fair game as the Freikorpsmann
>>
>>49413110
Geez, think I'll be taking that with Schill.... like holy crap.
>>
I require fluff. Specifically, fluff about Yamaziko. I'm a sucker for the 'old wise sensei who looks useless but can secretly kick your ass' trope, and the short blurb in the 2e book isn't enough for me. Anyone with 1e books, or who knows Through the Breach podcasts to listen to for her, please post.
>>
Why are teddies good with the dreamer? And are they better with a beat stick or summoner build? And how does that crew run schemes?
>>
File: IMG_20160509_054319.jpg (992KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160509_054319.jpg
992KB, 2048x1152px
>>49410457
Not him but I think I have a pic somewhere of part of mine.

This was on a cleaning spree about 6 months back. I think that's half my stuff.
>>
>>49415022
>It's a skirmish game he said
>low model count you will have he said
>>
>>49414760
Teddies are nightmares, nightmares are dreamer's thing. Lots of opportunities for Smell Fear to happen, and On Dreaming Wings also gets a lot of value in a Dreamer crew. Flying Teddies are some serious bad news.

I hear Insidious Madnesses are a popular pick for Dreamer scheme running. Summon some up and throw them out there.
>>
Link for 4th book cards is not working ;) maybe someone has better scans?
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
Bump.
Gonna work on my outcasts when I get home, oddly I'm kinda looking forward to being a toxic piece of shit running a Hamelin rat joy list.
>>
>>49416321
And this is why the Inquisitive child needs to go Neverborn, she'll play with Dreamer, Baby Kade, Teddies, Candy, and whatever Dreamer can dream up
>>
>>49416944
Don't forget Zoraidas puppets!
>>
>>49416944
I hope the outcasts rewards evolve beyond getting shot in the back and/or getting their stuff stolen.
>>
>>49417040
They might become bona-fide bad asses like the Viks or Von Schill, but that'should not as cute as children playing which results in the death of the fool humans of Malifaux
>>
Just starting the game and going to roll with Shenlong. The choice was mostly because of aesthetics and two proxy games with Rasputina left me a bit.. cold. Also, "oh you are a nightmare from another dimension? Here is my fist in your face". Snipers and the lone swordsman seem pretty obvious choices but could there be something else? Samurai seem ok? Fuhatsu is always recommended as are Brothers. Is Dawn serpent any good?
>>
>>49418053
Shenlong makes the dudes around him better, so just about anything works.

Samurai, snipers, archers, merc snipers all enjoy the (0) focus, Thunder Bros are always good, lone swordsman can hit above his weight. Izamu might be a good idea for a big beater you can move around quickly with all those pushes.

Welcome to Malifaux
>>
>>49418146
For some reason I had grouped Izamu with Yan Lo so I hadn't even considered him even though the model hits my weeabone! Thanks! I think I'll get Shenlong, Izamu, snipers and Samurai. I'll go with the monks for now and switch to brothers if I must.

My group used to play Confrontation and Malifaux is like confro 6.0 so I already love it.
>>
>>49418539

Sounds like a plan!

The monks are pretty good at killing scheme runners with that triple attack and burning. Just be careful running multiples as those discards can drain your hand.
>>
File: IMG_1156.jpg (70KB, 1181x1485px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1156.jpg
70KB, 1181x1485px
Off to my 3rd game in slow grow league. So far i'm 0-2 BUT we get points for painting models so i'm doing pretty well with that. If I don't get destroyed i'll do a battle report.
Here is my fingers that I finished a day or two ago.
>>
I'm going to try and get in a Trickster game tonight with my 10T.

I'm thinking a Misaki smoke & shadows crew might be fun to try. I don't have the emissary or jorogumo yet, though.
>>
File: Shibari - Hanging Tree.jpg (213KB, 1280x1198px) Image search: [Google]
Shibari - Hanging Tree.jpg
213KB, 1280x1198px
Which book has the Hanged in it?
>>
>>49419579
New Miss model spotted
>>
>>49419579
Book 1.
>>
>>49419630
Death by Miss Adventure?
>>
>>49419390
As the misaki player from earlier in the thread of you are gonna run her I heavily recommend jorogumo first.
>>
>>49419716
Thank you.
>>
Any Viks players around? I'd like to pick your brains.

On another note what do you guys think about a "carver" themed abandoned farm board? I'm thinking about making one bit I'm trying to brainstorm things I might want other than a cornfield (or 2), some hanging trees and possibly a farmhouse.
>>
>>49420065
Outhouse
Barn
Well
Fences
Dead cattle
Pumpkin patch
Scarecrows
>>
>>49420065
Sounds rad. You can make hay stacks, silos, tool shacks, big wells and maybe even a small soulstone mine. Also, classic ALTAR OF BLOOD behind some outhouse.
>>
>>49420065
>>49420104
>>49420162
Don't forget random steam machinery and piping.
>>
>>49420104
The well is a good idea , pumpkins might also be a good idea.
How would you make scarecrows?

>>49420162
Might not be bad trying to avoid a blood altar but if we can dial that back to a sort of "Abraham sacrifice your firstborn here" altar we might have something.
>>
>>49420276
>How would you make scarecrows?
I'd see if I couldn't get an approprieately sized pumpkin for a head, then just you a pair of sticks and greenstuff for the cloth.

If you're craftier, you could make them out of actual cloth and hay.

>>49420276
>dial that back to a sort of "Abraham sacrifice your firstborn here" altar we might have something.
I'd put some standing stones in the middle of the corn field.
Maybe they're just some rocks, that the kids carved pictures into.
Or they could be a millenia old sacrificial altar.
>>
>>49406289
Just played through a couple of the story missions with some new players. Trickster and Kid.

It was a lot of fun.

I don't think one of the players is intersted. He thought the game was too complex. Although that might have had something to do with him drinking heavily.
>>
>>49420467
As a new player the actual rules are pretty easy to remember but trying to grasp what you and your enemy can do when every model has different rules is really hard. Throw in reactivations, chainactivations and different pushes it's just tiring. I'll get there though.
>>
>>49420539
Other then the guy who tapped out, the others seemed to really get the hang of it.

I was sort of playing with kid gloves, but the one borrowing my gremlins was doing a pretty good job. I didn't realize how annoying Bayou Two card and Squeel were to play against until now.
>>
>>49420065
Hey Anon, if you're still here I'm a Viks player and bring them to every tournament. What's up?
>>
>>49420539
>it's just tiring.
Yeah, this was my problem with it.
Keeping track of everything was exhausting, I was making so many mistakes by the end of turn five of my first couple of games that it was barely working at all.

I'm genuinely amazed by the handful of players at da club who can just reel off info about any model you mention, and how they would work in a given list, or how they should ideally be played, or have this one trick that docotrs hate, or fill roles better suited to this .other. unit with [repeat].
And with most of them that's not just their chosen faction or two - it's apparently pretty much all seven factions across all four books.

>>49420673
>how annoying Bayou Two card is
I know Gremlins have unfavourable triggers out the anus, but always having a ghetto-cheat available sounds absolutely incredible.
>>
>>49421069
Only one of them is strictly unfavorable.
Bayou Two card is amazing, given that you rarely want to use cards in hand for your swarm of 3ss minions.

A lot of times you can use it offensively without any problems. Can't do much worse then miss.
>>
>>49413340
Bumping this. I know there's people with the 1e books around somewhere.
>>
>>49418146
>Samurai
> Focus
You know you can only flip a max of 4 cards in any duel, right?
>>
>>49423212
Wait, do Samurai come with TWO positives built in?
That's ridiculous.

On a vaguely related note, I like the look of a lot of the Ten Thunders models, but the braingfuckling complexity of osme of them turns me off.
Which are the simplest TT Masters?
I'm guessing Misaki and...?
>>
>>49423322
Samurai come with THREE positives built in on their ranged attack, and are so slow you're probably never going to hit melee.

Misaki and Mei Feng are the simplest masters. Misaki is basically just a better Mei Feng, at that. I began with Mei Feng because I liked the 'street fighter' look to her, and have regretted it ever since for exactly that reason.
>>
>>49423212
Yep, so shoot through hard cover and vent steam all day!

>>49423335
lolwut, they're totally different. Mei jumps around destroying weaklings and venting steam, Misaki goes for the kill and does shit for her crew.

Lynch is the simplest 10T master anyway. Draw lots of cards, Ca8 so hard, kill everything.
>>
>>49423461
Mei Feng does 2 damage to all enemies in a cluster every turn. Misaki kills an enemy model per turn. The opponent can choose not to cluster their models, so you only do 2 damage to like 1 or 2 things, while Misaki stalks and kills one model a turn until she is dealt with. More than one game, my opponent just ignored Mei Feng, and he won, because she just doesn't have the tools to punish you for not dealing with her.
>>
>>49423212
Plus to the damage flip is nice too.
>>
>>49423594
Not worth shackling Shenlong, of all models, to something that slow.
>>
hey all I'm looking of starting a guild force as I'm new to the game I'm not sure what i should buy although i do know i like the lady justice box set and the exorcist models are cool enough that i want to play them, any other thoughts, I've been told Austringers are good too?
>>
>>49423771
I'd suggest starting with either McCabe or Criid. McCabe's fairly straightforward and makes you feel a lot more in control of the game than other masters do, and Criid teaches you good habits early. I wouldn't suggest Exorcists, in general - they're very specific anti-models, and Wyrd likes to overprice those. They're good at dealing with a very specific kind of threat, and have the abilities of a model 2 SS cheaper otherwise.
>>
File: Misaki.png (94KB, 430x363px) Image search: [Google]
Misaki.png
94KB, 430x363px
>>49423335
>Mei Feng
I was thinking about that as the logical expansion - I play Colette, Mei is the right cross-faction.
And a local hero just gave me Joss and Howard Langston, so constructs galore for playing Mei in Arcanists.

It's a shame that Misaki apparently plays similarly-ish - I think Misaki would be the most attractive choice if I ignore the fact that Mei is cross-Arcanist...

Is Lynch that simple?
From what (little, admittedly) I've seen he seems to require a fair bit of management, but the memory of what I mean by that escapes me for the moment.
>>
>>49423617
Very true.
>>
>>49423975
>Is Lynch that simple?
Lynch isn't too complex.
He doesn't really play like most masters do though. His personal statlike is like a 6ss model. But he does enough hand fixing, that he makes the rest of his crew work much better.
>>
>>49423975
If you want to go Arcanists, Mei isn't bad. If you want to go 10T, Misaki just does her tricks, but better. Again, it isn't similar mechanically, but it's a very similar end-state. Misaki is all about stalking something, killing them, and moving on. Mei Feng is all about getting into a cluster of enemies, being fighting them, and staying fighting them for a while, ping-damaging them. Misaki also works on her own, just as A Master, while Mei Feng needs crew support which limits her options.

Lynch, for his part, isn't a Master. Not in the traditional sense. He doesn't do much for himself. however, you get an A+ beater for free with him, and he makes all of your models better for just being on the board, because of hand manipulation.

Again: If you want to go Mei Feng, go Mei Feng. Just understand you're getting ping damage on many things in a game where there's no penalty for having taken ping damage, while Misaki can completely remove something, which is a pretty big penalty.
>>
>>49420999
Cool I was mainly wondering what kind of list you tend toward, I've got a few ideas but it mostly revolves around me using wolfs head and a mix of ronin/convict gunslingers which I'm not sure how good that might be.
>>
>>49424320
That list is really good if you're not planning on moving very far. Like I enjoy that list against Neverborn...especially if I suspect nephilim and if Interference is the strat

Never run that against Arcanist though because that list can't handle armor very well, it's good against most ressers and is a bullet race against most the others. Usually I have Vanessa creep to the middle to do schemes and send Viks + two other mobile beaters (Bishop or Strong arm suit) to go hunter killer mode for big things.

Usually I end up in schemes with hunting party and run an all star list where my only peon is Malifaux Child is is invariably hidden WAyyyyy in the back behind like seven buildings. viks with their usual load out and stuff to go against what I think my opponent is going to field.

If you have Return Fire though, stick those on the Convict Gunslingers, have Howling Wolf on Vanessa with a Librarian behind her for heals and laugh as you gun down everything and slash things up with Ronin, Bishop, or Johan.
>>
>>49424429
Any love for Hannah and her dumb robot in a Viks list? I'm also kinda tempted to have her and Vanessa tag team at the center of the board.
>>
>>49424623
Oh right!

I do like Hannah in a Viks list. Usually if I 'm running her I'll throw Synchronized on Vanessa so that Hannah can cast it as she gets the buff too. Lately I"ve been using her less, but nothing says loving like a positive flip on her censer and on the void bury (I believe that's an attack).
>>
>>49424754
hmmm alright, I have most of the outcasts faction, wanna give me a basic list to get started and learn their tricks?
>>
>>49424776
Sure! Here's my bare minimum core that works in most scheme pools.

Ash -
Sisters in Spirit
Sisters in Fury

Blood -
Mark of Shezhuul
Tally Sheet/Scramble (depending on table. Usually Tally Sheet)

Malifaux Child

Vanessa

Freikorps Librarian

24-25 SS.

This does get adjusted based on scheme pool or opponent, like if I even sniff a summoner taelor's going in, and half the time I don't go wrong with the anti-construct all-star list vs Arcanist (Johana, Taelor, Hans with tome trigger).

The rapid fire/flurry list you mentioned earlier is great against factions without a lot of heavy armor models like Neverborn, Ressers.
>>
>>49419331
Well uh I got rolled by Collodi and a bunch of effigies. Kinda sorta salty because the idea of the league was to get a crew box and slowly expand and paint your dudes and he rocked up with half his force as effigies he proxied for and the other half was unpainted. So sitting at 0-3 for now.
Next buy for the Brewmaster and co is going to be Rooster Riders unless you guys have a better idea.
>>
>>49425041
Oh and to explain, Synchronized usually goes on Ash and my first action every game is to have Malifaux Child cast the Fury buff and then creep behind. If I get the chance to charge something I will, but usually that's a deterrent to get them to bunch up and hide so that next turn I can murder them with Blood.

I put Tally Sheet on Blood so that after a round of Whirlwinds, I still have a full hand so she still benefits from the positive Df/WP duels. If something spawns adds after they die, I hit them last in a whirl wind so that I can sometimes sneak out a few more swings.

Oh and if you've set up a whirl wind, always charge something that will survive the first hit so you might get a second whirlwind and never forget your melee expert to clean up.
>>
>>49425041
I was meaning more of a 50ss list.
>>
>>49425091
Performer, then riders.
>>
File: ggchallenge.png (243KB, 381x574px) Image search: [Google]
ggchallenge.png
243KB, 381x574px
>>49425357
Ah, well let me draw up a list then. I'm going to use the gaining grounds puzzle generator here. http://godswearhats.com/malifaux/schemes/

Outcasts
50ss Crew

Viktoria Of Ashes -- 3ss
+Synchronized Slaying - 2ss
+Sisters In Spirit - 1ss
+Sisters In Fury - 2ss

Malifaux Child - 2ss

Freikorps Trapper - 6ss

Freikorps Trapper - 6ss

Hannah - 10ss

The Winged Plague - 4ss

The Winged Plague - 4ss

Vanessa - 8ss

Viktoria Of Blood - 0ss
+Mark Of Shez'uul - 2ss
+Tally Sheet - 1ss

The idea behind this is that I can stick the trappers on the center line in range of the opposing crew to get some cheap shots and soften things up or spread them apart. The Winged Plagues can tie things down by getting close enough to get the free 6 inch push at the end of the turn for next turn Exhaustions. There isn't enough open ground for Lazarus to be really awesome and I have enough hidey holes that, barring focused fire, Vanessa will be safe to provide heals and support, and Vik Sling shot to get where I need to go to cause problems.

I'd choose Show of Force and either Exhaustion or Public Demonstration if Belles, since Turn one I'd be saving my high cards to save the Trappers and the Winged Plague can just swoop in and score me three points.

If the opposing list doesn't have lures then I might consider convict labor instead since trappers are amazing at it.
>>
>>49425858
And, the winged plague tie ups prevent them from picking up heads and the trappers can always discard a card to push into a head and pick it up.
>>
>>49425858
As for show of force, I'm dumb and realize I didn't take a lot of upgrades. Though, having Blood threaten the center is going to keep that free.
>>
>>49425858
>>49425885
>>49425913
Alrighty fair nuff...don't have any winged plauges yet but void wretches should be fine right?

Also thank you for your time. I do appreciate it.
>>
>>49425858
>gaining grounds puzzle generator
10T player looking to git gudder here. Thank you for this. You have made my day much better.
>>
>>49425936
Void Wretches always good for the role. I prefer Winged Plagues for Exhaust, or even Desperate Mercs since, aside from Lures, Ressers aren't often going to shoot you.
>>
>>49425980
No prob anon! Always happy to help. If you have any tips for 10T Yan Lo, McCabe, or Asami, drop them here. My brother is waffling between two of the three and would love tips or things to consider.

My local meta runs Shen Long almost exclusively so I don't know the other 10T masters that well.
>>
>>49425936
Not the same guy, but yeah, fixed lists are kind of a liability in Malifaux so usually you'll have a core model pool and then a pool of points that will depend on the objectives, the opponent's declared faction, and the board.

It's way better to ask "How good is this 50ss at [objectives] or against [factions]?" or "What objectives and factions look hard for this 50ss list?" than "How good is this 50ss list?"
>>
>>49425757
Should I be looking to phase out the moon shinobi for other stuff or are they okay.
>>
>>49426041
And while I understand that, I've only got 3 games with outcasts (all as misaki) right now, So I'm looking at what I need to paint to start practicing before I branch out for weirder builds.
>>
>>49426019
> Yan Lo
He does two things: Thunder Dance, and Be an Asshole. He repositions your shit, and his upgrades (especially if you do The Wastrel Trick) make him more trouble than he's worth to fight.

McCabe can be dropped into pretty much any list and make it better. Badge of Speed is a must - AP wins games. Other two upgrades depend on where the hole in your list is. GET GUILD HOUNDS THEY'RE SO GOOD. They're Guardsmen and with Luna they work in a pack just dropping scheme markers everywhere.

Asami wants markers. She doesn't particularly care what kind. If you're suspecting a shitload of markers, go Asami. She loves firing her minions off as missiles. Remember that her thematic crew drops no markers to summon shit with - You absolutely want models that make no thematic sense with her to start with. Toshiro's a fun guy with her, because he also plays with markers (In a way that doesn't permanently destroy them - the Ashigaru and Komainu will eventually die and re-drop their marker) and also gives Fast, which completely overwrites Slow, giving the summoned model 3 AP. Yes for scheme markers, no for models in places at end-of-game.
>>
>>49426101
>which completely overwrites Slow,
I thought if a slow model gained fast it just went back up to 2 AP
>>
>>49426101
>The Wastrel Trick
Explaination please
>>
>>49426062
I only really like them against ressers, but do what you like. I tend to run a kind of different brewmaster list that focuses on making him annoying, and using obeys, lures, and tosses to move the entire crew about.
>>
>>49426162
Wastrel double walks, gains Defensive.

Yan Lo uses Spirit Barrage on Wastrel.

Wastrel chooses low card, cheating low if necessary.

Yan Lo flips/cheats severe, gains Chi +1. Does it again if this doesn't kill the Wastrel. Gains an extra Chi +1 for killing a model.

Wastrel drops Corpse Marker, gives Yan Lo enough Chi to nearly immediately get a good upgrade.

Toshiro turns the Wastrel's corpse into an Ashigaru. A bad 4ss model has now become a good 5ss model.

Yan Lo is at either second or third ascendancy level, you have the same number of activations as before, you have a model far up the board yet to activate. It's expensive, card-wise, but this usually happens turn 1, before most models wind up engaging each other and high cards matter.
>>
>>49425091
>>49425757
Seconding Performers for huge Poison-to-Damage strikes, with decent reliability.
For hte most part, you should be able to delete a Minionwith each attack if you're loading them up with Poison like I heard Brewie does.

>>49425858
That terrain looks a little too dense around the middle for my tastes.
If everything pushed 2" out from the middle, so you don't have those big lanes along the back, it would look a little less weird.
I just think having enough terrain in your zone to fuck with your deployment, and to limit easy dashes into your zone for Breakthrough etc., should be part of the challenge.

Way cool little tool though.

[I can't wait until Google is donerecognising billboards and store fronts.]
>>
>>49426071
This does seem to be something that a lot of advice threads don't cater for fantastically well.

Having said that, I only just passed 51ss of painted models, but between upgrades and cache, it was rare for me not to have the option of swap-outs.

>>49426132
>Slow + Fast = Normal
I thought that was how it worked too.
Not that I've seen it come uplive before, to be fair.
>>
>>49426698
>>49426132
This is now true again. It was previously errata'd that Fast overwrote slow entirely, but it seems that the new rules guys didn't like that, like how you can't Companion off yourself anymore.
>>
Well I thought I wanted to paint tonight, I just washed 12 rats and 2 rat kings and Now I'm not feeling it...Probably because I burned through 2 ronin, a librarian and the arcane trickster models from earlier in the thread in the course of last Saturday night. Jump back in on it tomorrow and see where we can get.
>>
>>49426786
>I just washed 12 rats and 2 rat kings and Now I'm not feeling it...
I don't suppose you recently bought them half-price off a local Guy, did you?
Inearly bought the Hamelin box and teh Brotherhood encounter from a local dude, but I just didn't fancy painting all those rats - 12 rats, plus two sacks o' rats, plus two Rat Kings, plus some kids throwing rats...

Too much brown, even if it would be a non-challenging, perhaps even Zen-like, evening's work.

>>49426250
Also burns Yan Lo's activation though.
Is two or the Chi worth it?
Genuine question, I don't know Yan Lo at all.
Seems like you are leaving him a little isolated at the back of teh board, unless his teleport shenanigans are swapping him with something that you don't need/want mid-field.

>>49425858
>godswearhats.com/malifaux/schemes/
This is gr8 m8, I r8 it.
I might do some homework with it tomorrow, see if I can learn something.
>>
>>49426786
I can't imagine painting rats would be very fun either.
I'm still slowly working away at Nellie, at the moment she's looking very VERY ginger so i'm trying to lighten it up
>>
>>49426899
>unless his teleport shenanigans are swapping him with something that you don't need/want mid-field.
Bingo. Yan Lo may be an old man, but Thunder Dance gets him where he wants to be - not to mention grabbing Incorporeal off of Spirit Ascendant. It's generally better if you can plink 1 damage onto the Wastrel somehow before that, so you only need to spend 1 AP and get both Chi, spending the rest of your activation walking.
>>
File: Hank.jpg (47KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Hank.jpg
47KB, 640x480px
I've been playing Joss with my otherwise-thematic Colette crew for the last month or so.
I like that he is solid, and a depndable damage dealer.
Ignoring triggers and other shit is a god-send.

However, I've just picked up Howard Langston - how completely will I need to change my play-style to account for the differences in how they work (and the reduction in spare Stones)?
>>
>>49426899
Nah mine have been kicking around a while. I'm doing all my rats gray with a wash I call swamp water.
>>
>>49423975
Misaki plays absolutely nothing like Mei. Mei is someone who ties up lots of smaller models and can jump around the field targetting different groups, while Misaki is either a backline harasser who keeps prodding the team while your own team does the same or at any given moment turns into a scalpel that takes out any key model.

Lynch is easy because the abilities he gives you make all your plays much more forgiving. Cheating in a bit too high or too early is fine if your hand consists of 8 11+s
>>
>>49424047
If you can't consistently take out at least one model with Lynch a turn you're doing something very wrong. His damage potential is insane. Add to that the free Huggy who should also be taking out one model a turn and you essentially have a nuke machine. The consistantly high hand is really just a bonus.
>>
>>49426019
Yan Lo is basically a teleporting tank with the ability to ressurect the tankiest models in Ten Thunders. When what you're facing has Impossible to Wound, Incorporeal, and a 50% chance of Df/Wp 8 or passing blows to surrounding models opponents quickly realise there is no point in even trying to kill him. Then, when something with a - to Attack and Damage or Armor+2 or Hard to Wound+2 gets up to 4 healing a turn surround Yan Lo picking off any stragglers or whatever Yan kicks at them, there's usually no point in trying to kill them either as he can just summon them back for an 8 of tomes. Yan Lo dictates where your opponents models go, what they do, and just how fucked they are. Don't do the Wastrel Trick btw. You're better off doing it with a Clockwork Trap. And even that's bordering a waste.

McCabe just needs a good TT list with a 9/10 SS minion and if possible Guild Hounds. Then he makes his crew very fast and the crew you build just does whatever you want that crew to do but better. A bit like Shen in that regard.

Asami always finds herself just outside of the action, pooping out models that tend to disappear quickly afterwards in the hopes that they block charge lines towards her that make her die very quickly. She's quite good at repositioning, and you can always gobble up scheme/corpse/scrap markers, and basically just sends a lot of Ml5 minions into your opponents ranks to try and land a hit. Though to be honest, I never really know what sort of schemes I really want to take her with besides maybe Turf War. She just doesn't really outshine any masters in just about any area of the game.
>>
>>49427879
>>49426101
Thanks for the advice guys. I sent this to my brother and now he's even more excited about Yan Lo and Asami. He has guild hounds and tengu and I've recently painted up his Izamu and Toshiro (Yin is in the painting drawer waiting for work).
>>
>>49428206
Get Ten Thunders Brothers. They're a good addition to literally every TT master.
>>
>>49428206
Fair warning: While I haven't played him myself (hence being relatively sparse on him) conventional wisdom states that he's the worst Master in 10 Thunders.
>>
>>49428227
>>49428232
He does have a set of 10T brothers, tengu, jorogumo, Graves/Tannen...and a few other assorted pieces I can't recall.
>>
>>49428256
A bit of a strange suggestion, but I've seen people recommending Rail Workers for Asami, just in case your opponent can do something with corpse/scrap markers - they have both Construct and Living, so they can drop whichever one your opponent doesn't use, and between Armour, Hard to Kill, and Metal on Metal, they're absolute assholes to kill. Implacable Assault and the high Severe on Replacement Limbs make them a threat that has to be dealt with, too.
>>
>>49428232
People's opinions fluctuate a lot on Yan Lo. He's a master that's real easy to play wrong. Lately people seem to place him mid-high level, which I can see. If I'd have to tier the TT masters...

T1
Shen>McCabe>Lynch
T2
Yan>Brew
T3
Misaki>Asami>Mei

>>49428361
Eh, you're better off with Obsidian Oni. If people declare Resser and you feel its actually important to avoid corpses and can't spare that 1 ss, just get Komainu.
>>
>>49428361
High severe damage works well with focus too.

Seems like they'd be alright with Asami.
>>
So what are the masters' endgames, anyway? I was rereading the 10 Thunders story from book 1 and got reminded that that was something worth noticing. For 10 thunders, that I can think of:

Misaki: Get out from under her father's thumb, be her own woman. Either that or become the Oyabun herself and rule over all this shit.
Mei Feng: Create a good standard of living for the people of the 10 Thunders, then live in it. Settle down with a nice shitkicker, have 2.5 children and a house in the suburbs with a white picket fence, etc.
Jakob Lynch: PAY DEBTS. Retire to a beach somewhere and sip margaritas while not worrying about crazy ladies with spears or cthulhu monsters.
Brewmaster: Liquor before Beer, You're in the Clear. Beer before Liquor, Suck It Up And Stop Being A Little Bitch.
Shenlong: Do what the dragon in my head tells me
Yan Lo: Put the Tyrants back in a box, also learn how to stop phasing out of existence.
Lucas McCabe: Survive. No greater plans. Just...Live.
Asami: Get a family that isn't hellbeasts.
>>
>>49428433
Asami doesn't seem that bad
>>
>>49428848
She's pretty much killed by her excessive TN's. With that 6 on everything she becomes unreliable, her charging aura gets killed once you put something in front of her making her summons really nothing but Ml5 attacks, her toolbox is small her summons don't live long and can't exactly stray (or even survive a turn if she doesn't bring that upgrade).

With her summons being unfit to do anything but killing and their Ml5 being fairly mediocre at that, she just lacks niches in which she excels. And the huge number of limitations put on everything she does, with her upgrades doing nothing but making up for those weaknesses at the cost of 2 ss per upgrade, kill every last bit of utility she might have.

I mean I like her concept and the whole summoning gimmick, but it feels she's just been treated far too cautiously and as a result is just lacking and inconsistent.
>>
>>49406289
>http://imgur.com/a/vJ5g0 https://imgur.com/a/tjdx4
ded link
>>
>>49429053
Have you tried using her with Tannen?
>>
>>49429074
2 links
>>
>>49429090
Yeah, though that doesn't fix her. Remember Tannen only works when the card has a mask, built in and stoned suits don't count. His anticheating aura and bored conditioning is some great defense though.
>>
>>49429124
yeah I know but it can make summoning a jorogumo easy. I think she's more like molly myself, which she's gonna summon stuff, but it's going to take a hit or two and then go away unless she really focuses to making it survive.
>>
>>49429091
derp, thanks
>>
So ah, I want to get back into the game after not playing for a couple of years, but I noticed that the stats for shit is not online for free.

I'm not willing to spend 100$ + on fucking 2.0 stat cards. I mean wtf, I can get 2 whole crews for that. Stop trying to Jew me Wyrd.

Would people in stores give a fuck if I just print stats/upgrades out?
>>
>>49426250
>Gains an extra Chi +1 for killing a model.
Pretty sure you only get the extra Chi if it's killed by an enemy
>>
>>49429356
Function of Spirit Barrage, not Harvest Souls.
>>
>>49429354
>Would people in stores give a fuck if I just print stats/upgrades out?
Most people I know wouldn't, but it'll vary from store to store I guess.
I doubt they'd give a shit so long as you were buying stuff from them occasionally.
>>
>>49429279
Oh she is, but her other abilities don't even remotely compare to Molly's, nor does her pitiful toolbox.

>>49429354
Did they discontinue the boxes with all the 2E stat cards? Im sure you can find them somewhere for 10/15$. There's also a print on demand service, though you have to order at least 10 cards. People never seem to mind old models.
>>
>>49429410
I have so many 1E models that I'm just unwilling to get cards for all of them. I could easily enough buy a new crew for them instead.

I want to spend my money on new miniatures, not stats that make me old models playable.
>>
>>49429442
Just find the Arsenal Decks for your faction? You're gonna need the statcards one way or the other.
>>
>>49429480
I have stuff from 4 factions, and those decks are split between waves too for some fucking reason.

I can't bring myself to spend at least 50$+ on plastic cards.
>>
>>49429546
And yet you spent how much across buying four factions?
>>
>>49429670
Not that much actually since back then one could get a starter box for like 20$.

And it's besides the point, for 50$ I can get a new crew rather than some plastic because Wyrd is greedy to just post stats online like a sane company.
>>
>>49429699
A "Sane Company" like Hawk Wargames? Privateer Press? Fantasy Flight Games? Putting your rules online at more than a slight sampling is the sign of an indie game shop who needs more exposure than money, not a company with any sort of financial future. Games Workshop did it with Age of Sigmar as a drastic action, because if they didn't do something they were going to lose it all.
>>
>>49429748
Based Corvus Belli. Fantasy Flight Games does post the rules of most of their stuff online too actually. Privateer Press doesn't jew you with stats cards for models you own either.
>>
>>49429699
>>49429748
Either way, the books are in the OP so if your locals is fine with you printing them out, go for it.
>>
>>49429788
Thanks.
>>
>>49429779
> Corvus Belli
> Financial future
Pull the other one, it's got bells on.
> FFG
They post the core rules, but not the faction rules - that is, you don't get rules for the models until you buy them.
> Privateer Press
You get stats for the models you own, as most accurate when they come out. Sound familiar? It's what anon got when he bought the models in 1e.
>>
>>49429861
>They post the core rules, but not the faction rules - that is, you don't get rules for the models until you buy them.
Actually, you can find that stuff online and they don't care, but they do enforce it at their official tournaments.
>>
>>49429899
>Actually, you can find that stuff online and they don't care, but they do enforce it at their official tournaments.
You mean like Wyrd does? With the shit literally in this thread?
>>
>>49429861
>> Corvus Belli
>> Financial future
Compared to Wyrd?

top kek m8
>>
>>49429912
No, they don't ban it on fansites, or in their forums. Wyrd won't let you talk about stats on their forums, in their official wiki, and if they knew how to take down the mega.nz files, they would.
>>
>>49429996
>in their official wiki
You mean PullMyFinger? Because McMourning's had his entire 2e stat spread in there for at least a year. It seems to be more fan-convention than anything, with that understood.
> on their forums
Funny thing. Whenever I see someone doing it, a mod steps in to say 'don't do that again', but the offending post is never edited.
>>
>>49430015
>Because McMourning's had his entire 2e stat spread
It probably is a fan site, but it's clear the company is overly protective of their stats so that they can sell shitty plastic cards.
>>
>>49430066
Still not seeing 'overly protective', just the normal amount that any company would be. I know this inconveniences you, but that doesn't mean that they're being malicious.
>>
>>49430087
I was just comparing them FFG in that regard.
>>
>>49430111
>FFG
I don't think they put out any way gsmes.

Also, last time I checked all the new masters start cards show up on Google. Hardly double top secret.
>>
>>49430253
All of the Masters' stat cards are for free on Wyrd's site.
>>
>>49430302
Didn't even check that far.

I think wyrd might have some problems. (Like Yan Lo's beard) but I don't really see excessive secrecy being one.
>>
>>49429354
You can buy individual cards on demand from Wargames Vault. That said I don't think that they have upgrades.
>>
>>49430358
Blind purchases were one of the things that kind of shied me away from Malifaux initially. However as I can just download the PDFs with the stats for free and look at unboxings for their models, I decided that they weren't huge problems.
>>
Any way to get a faction overview? There seems to be so many of them...
>>
>>49430388
Ah. My first step is always to buy the book, which in this case has the model rules.

I'm two books behind now though. Got all the first ed ones which is nice for fluff. I forgot how much more complex first ed cards were.
>>
>>49430436
Was easier when there was just 4+ outcasts.

Are you looking for fluff overview, or crunch/how they play?
>>
>>49430436
>Guild
Spaghetti Western Sheriffs meets the government of 1984
>Ressers
Necromancers and the undead
>Neverborn
Monsters out of the darker stories and fairytales. Things that go bump in the night
>Ten Thunders
Triads and Yakuza, with samurai, ninjas and creatures out of japanese myth.
>Outcasts
Mixed bag of mercenaries and creatures that don't quite fit into the other factions
>Arcanists
Wizard terrorists and revolutionaries.
>>
>>49430507
Oh, and
>Gremlins
Vertically challenged country bumpkins
>>
>>49430462
A bit of both, but mostly play-style so I can pick a crew.
>>
>>49430436
Guild: You like guns? We like guns. Have some guns. Mostly normal people trying to clear Malifaux and make it safe to live in, and an oppressive megacorp wrecking the lives of anyone who isn't in its upper echelons.

Arcanists: Every Master, A Faction. A unch of individuals brought under Viktor Ramos' banner. Magic-infused freedom fighters trying to free people from the Guild's tyranny, or anarchists trying to throw a lit match into a pool of gasoline.

Ressurectionists: BRAAAAINS. A bunch of necromancers rallied under the same flag (I believe Nicodem was their de facto leader?) who want to expand their knowledge of Necromancy, be it simply to bring back those that they've lost, or to take over malifaux ont he back of a zombie apocalypse.

The Neverborn: That Rule Doesn't Apply. The original inhabitants of Malifaux, before humanity showed up. Each Master tends to break a specific rule in a real interesting way. They want the invading race of humanity to stay in Humanity's realm and leave Malifaux alone, so that they can go back to being tyrannical dickbags to each other.
>>
>>49430553

Outcasts: Mercs with Mouths - mostly to feed. A catchall for things that don't fit into other factions, originally started as a faction of pure mercenaries. Their human masters are relatively straightforward, but god help you if you want to play a nonhuman. They'll do just about anything if the reward is right, be it saving the world or damning it.

Gremlins: We Wuz Here First, Too! A buncha redneck goblins with guns, but don't be fooled into thinking they're a joke race. They look and sound funny, until you realize they've been building their own (warped) society in a world with the likes of Lilith. They specialize in doing damage to themselves in return for benefits, like extra damage or AP.

Ten Thunders: A little bit of everything, all rolled into one. They're an oriental faction around the times of the Boxer Rebellion and gunboats forcing Japan to open back up. Int his universe, these are done by the Guild, who are aforementioned dickbags. They've been infiltrating all of the above, so your master is dual-faction, allowing a good jumping-off point, but this also leads to a lack of actual faction identity. On the one hand, they just want to make a place they can exist without the Guild taxing them to death, but on the other they're doing it by taxing their own people to death.
>>
>>49423193
Probably book 4 of first ed. I don't remember any ten thunders fluff in first ed.
It was a long time ago though they sort of bleed together.
>>
>>49430507
>>49430553
thanks
>>
>>49430573
Do you have a link to the 1e books?
>>
Can anyone tell me how is Yan-Lo? Like his model and Izamu and Toshiro looks neat which I think go with him.
>>
>>49430763
Are you playing him as Resser or TT?
>>
>>49430784
No idea, which ever works. Resser sounds more fun, if it's viable.
>>
>>49430802
They're both viable. Which faction do you wanna branch out to? I've felt TT players are more positive about him than Ressers.
>>
>>49430840
Ressers appeal to me far more than TT, but Yan Lo's models appeal to me more than anything from the Ressers.

What Resser models work well with him?
>>
>>49430870
Playing him in Ressers allows for some more synergy with Spirits, which gives some options.
The general Yan Lo list will usually be 2 Ancestors, his totem, and then whatever fits your schemes.

For Ressers... Dunno. The Emissary might be nice, naturally, though at that point you're already at 33 SS for 5 models. I'll admit that while I play against Ressers a lot, I rarely see them touch Yan Lo. At least on TT I bring Yan, his ancestors, and then just "good models" really. Maybe a Komainu if I bring Toshiro so Ill always have a scrap marker to play with. He does play nice with models that benefit from being healed. Hard to Kill, large Wd pools, etc. And he and his crew have a tendency to stick within about 12" maybe 16" of each other, so models with auras and buffs usually work nicely.

Just get all the Ancestors, some scheme runners, maybe a ranged nonpistol attack somewhere, and you'd be good to go.
>>
I was curious how people paint their ghosts?
Once I get to them I'm painting my Kirai crew like the old Japanese Yurei art, pitch black hair, white skin, ivory and pale, muted tones for clothing and only the odd splash of blood providing any real colour.
However, I don't plan to do this with Lost Love or any of the non-Japanese ghosts, like Hanged or Drowned.
I'm still trying to work out how to paint them and I was hoping to pilfer-be inspired by others out there.
>>
File: ghost_japanese.jpg (2MB, 1228x3776px) Image search: [Google]
ghost_japanese.jpg
2MB, 1228x3776px
>>49432071
Then I post the wrong pic.

I'm also not going to use any green. Green never struck me as a ghostly or spiritual colour and reminds me of to much of the hospital I spent to many years of my youth in.
>>
>>49429699
My metals are in a pic somewhere above. I've got over 100 of the first ed stuff.

I grabbed a few decks but the renainder are ones I printed. I own the books so people never give me shit because I have the rules anyway. Just ask them if they'd preffer you look through the books all the time.
>>
>>49432071
>>49432078
I do most of mine like a "Traditional" specter, Prime white, wash with the GW oxide, drybrush white. Took me 30 minutes to paint an entire kirai crew like that.
>>
File: image.jpg (94KB, 447x480px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
94KB, 447x480px
>>49432454
I did the ghosts on my Lovelace using that that process.
>>
>>49430752
Sorry man. Physical books. I wouldn't mind a digital version myself.
>>
File: Yurei art critic.jpg (67KB, 630x470px) Image search: [Google]
Yurei art critic.jpg
67KB, 630x470px
>>49432624
>>49432454
That's a rather good idea. Nice and simple also.
I'm looking for something away from white to help differentiate them from the ones from across the river Sanzu personally but thanks for sharing.
>>
>>49430752
I do. Tell me what's the current go-to no-hassle no-registration file host and I'll upload them for you.
>>
>>49434021
(to clarify, they're all 1.5e, not 1.0e)
>>
>>49434021
Most stuff is hosted on mega.
>>
>>49430763
Yan Lo is tricky to learn, but he can be a powerhouse once you unlock him.

Accumulate chi from attacks and models dying, power up and become a tremendous disruptive force pulling enemies out of position with lightning dance, forcing tons of duels for damage, or just diving into a mob of enemies and hitting them all.
>>
We had an odd number last night so I suggested a 3 player game. We wanted to do the Trickster scenario so we just added another player in. 35SS crews to make things a little less hectic.

I took Misaki and my friends grabbed Titania and Lady J.

It was a bloodbath. Ototo blind deployed dead center and started killing whatever was close, namely the Gorar and an Orderly. He jumped Lady J and she proceeded to top deck a 13 mask and RJ, riposting him down to 4 wounds. In her turn she walked up, I got BJ on defense and Ototo dropped. It was an incredibly unlucky series of 4 flips. Luckily Ototo was framed for murder.

Misaki started on top of a tower, dove onto doppelganger to kill it turn 1. She then proceeded to kill the Claw, Grimwell, Heartsbane, and brought Lady J down to 1 wound. Lady J whiffed the counter attack thanks to recalled training and risky ventures giving me ++ Df flips. Then the Thorn attacked and I flipped a 2 mask, misdirecting the attack into Lady J with no cards or stones.

I ended up losing because I didn't focus on scoring VP from the Trickster, but only by 1 VP. It was a crazy fun game, though. Misaki is amazing is such a chaotic scenario.
>>
>>49430870
Ashigaru obviously. Belles and nurses are great to they're some of the best minions in the game. Belles have the best lure in the game and offer powerful movement shenanigans. Nurses are an amazing buffer/debuffer.

Nurses are fun with Chaki to. You can fully heal one of your beefy models like tishiro or izami, then clear the paralyze. With the nurses accomplice you can do it without the enemy having a chance to react.
>>
>>49434557
Yeah the trickster game seems to always be a blood bath.

I played it a couple of days ago. The only surviving model was an unwounded Flesh Construct.
>>
Hooray, the rulebook arrived today.
Now all that'sleft is the starter set, the TTB books and the scheme card set I just ordered. Oh and the crossroads book. Also waiting for my Trudvang artbook, but that is beside the point.

A question: If a trigger has two suit symbols, like two rams, how do I activate that? How can I have more than one suit if I just have one card? Or do I need to use a soul stone and then hope for the right draw? Well that or have a good card in hand, I'd cheat in anyway?
>>
>>49434797
Some actions have a suit built in, so it would be something like Ca 6 mask TN: 12 mask with a tome trigger and you'd just need a tome to meet the trigger.

If there isn't one built in, you'll need to use a soulstone to add the suit. There are other actions/abilities that can add suits as well.

Going back to Misaki, her Bisento action has a Ml7 mask, but she needs 2 crows to get Assassinate. She has to use a soulstone for a crow then cheat one in. But once she's out of stones, she has an ability that adds a crow to all her attack duels.
>>
1.5e book PDFs:

rising powers
https://www.sendspace.com/file/6a53n9

twisting fates
https://www.sendspace.com/file/pex9hr

storm of shadows
https://www.sendspace.com/file/3o5yni

Got the basic rulebook too but can't find it atm.
>>
Guys I cannot beat this list:

Sonnia Criid, Cherufe`s Imprint, Counterspell Aura
Malifaux Child
Brutal Effigy
Francisco, Hermanos De Armas, Wade In,
Papa Loco,
Death Marshal,
Watcher,
Austringer,
Austringer

It just demolishes me with balsts and so on. Guy that plays it brags that he will rape all with this - is there anything to counter it with in each faction ?
>>
>>49434894
Funny. That's literally the list that just took Nationals.
>>
>>49434894
Take von schill.
>>
>>49434869
Thanks anon.
>>
>>49434557
>>49434681
Blind deployment is a recipe for total fucking mayhem, every time.
When no-one can rely on getting their bubbles up, you just take you damage output and get to work.

Doing it 3-way sounds like a whole new level of silly killing though.
>>
>>49434918
yeah i know - the guy doesnt hide it - doesnt make me feel better loosing to him tho.
>>
>>49434894
Sonnia has a really tough time with armor, try that.
>>
>>49434869
>>49434986
Scans or PDFs?
>>
>>49435027
ok so arcanist can take ramos, ten thunderers mai fang, outcast van shill, gremlins maybe zip and lods of armour - but what about neverborn ?
>>
File: Misaki.png (2MB, 1283x1649px) Image search: [Google]
Misaki.png
2MB, 1283x1649px
>>49434869
Holy shit, Misaki.

Also, thanks for this. This is fucking amazing.
>>
>>49435057
Looks like they are scans. I don't believe pre m2e had any native pdf format books.
>>
>>49435066
Neverborn don't have a lot of armor beyond Waldgeists and Mature Nephilim. Lilith is probably your best bet. Drag his shit out of position and tear it apart.
>>
>>49435026
What faction do you play? And does your meta play with enough terrain? People tend to agree you need at least 50% of your board covered with something. Without that shooting crews very quickly get ahead of the curve.
>>
>>49435115
That list deals well with low or high terrain. In low terrain, they go full shooty. In high terrain, they use double-flame wall to block lanes.
>>
>>49435161
Terrain is more than just blocks though. It's also hedges, forests, etc which do not necessarily block movement, only sight.
>>
>>49435204
Yeah, and so do the Flame Walls.
>>
>>49435078
I can't read most of the TT fluff it sounds too wanky.

Yan Lo's and Lynch aren't so bad because they get dicked by fate.
>>
>>49435212
Which shouldn't be a gamebreaker in varied terrain. I'm not saying that solves the problem that is Sonia, but balanced terrain makes a huge difference.
>>
>>49435115
I play neverborn mostly - all masters bar titania as i didnt have opportunity to buy her yet. In our meta we fallow the pulling my finger variant of terrain so one third of the table is covered not 50%
>>
>>49435301
Have you tried Collodi? A bunch of armored, hard to kill models with mobility and up to their necks in extra AP?
>>
So building Tara, what do you guys like to take? I've been thinking about both killjoy and the nothing beast (just like everyone else) but I'm curious to see how you guys build her. Also do you like taking eternal journey to copy stuff like killjoys axe or do you find that highly situational?
>>
>>49435460
Add in Lazarus and the dopple"banger" and let the grenades fly.
>>
>>49435301
At least on the forums I think the number's gone from 33-50% to 50-75%. I've personally found 33% just makes it far too easy for some crews.

But in any case, that's not an ideal match-up. I can see Lilith forcing your opponent into your play and range, and if you ever do get that Titania set those minions can be a nice addition. 'Til then Illuminated (or Waldgeist) will do. Beyond that clinging to cover, engagement and flanking are really all you can do bar magical lucky alphastrikes.

Also yeah, Collodi could be nice though a bit intensive on the out of faction models.
>>
>>49435483
I find killjoy is super easy to counter and is very expensive. I'd use bete over him but you'd need to run her is ressers.

I like to run her basic box with a death marshal and bete. Alter stuff acording to schemes.

I've not looked into the scions of the void yet. They're thematically linked so I assume there's some synergy there.
>>
>>49435483
Outcasts or Rezzers? Also, using EJ to copy stuff like Killjoy/Bete/Nothing Beast attacks isn't bad, but it requires you to play Tara as more of an offensive beater rather than a buffbot.
>>
>>49435483
Outcast Tara I see a lot of use from Bishop. Fast Bishop is just fucking gross. Beyond that, the usual assortment of void wretches running schemes, Trappers/Hans, Librarians and so on. I like Death Marshals but my buddy doesn't.

For Ressers, Izamu is pretty filthy. Carrion Emissary is pretty nifty and Spare Parts is a great way to get some use out of all those corpses you leave laying around.
>>
>>49435510
>>49435510
I think the big problem is Wyrd take on the topic. I LOVE games that in tournament pack tell you exactly how much terrain game should be played with - see guild ball for example (my second fav game after malifaux) you have exactly 3+d4 terrain pices. Is there any chance that Wyrd will ever adress this issue in gaining grounds 2017 ?
>>
>>49435527
>>49435534
Outcasts.
>>
>>49435728
I've seen some calls for Wyrd to release some samples of boards they deem "balanced". I'm imagining if that question catches on they'll respond in time.
>>
>>49435854
This would be so great - I also think that in neverborn Zorida could mix with guild quite nicely. She is able to take Bad Juju and spam gators next to austringers or sonia and make them burn cards and AP to deal with it. Also silurd or gups seam like good choice with no los ignoring rule
>>
>>49435057
Rising Powers is scan, the others have searchable text, if that's what you're asking.
>>
>>49436002
How would this shit work

Zorida Crystal Ball Tarot Hex
Mc Tavish Hexed among
Bad Ju Ju Eternal Fiend
Doppler
2x Gattor
Mysterious Eff
Will o Wisp

The plan is to deploy gaotors so that he cannot kill both of them at once and 1 of them should be able to get to sonia turn 1 - eat the watcher or austringer or harras sonya directly - die and then spawn ju ju. Mac tavish goes around and shoot people with help of doppler who copies him and zorida obeys him and will o wisp provides the needed action to create hex doll OR if pool is shame heavy i can get spawn mother to spawn gups each turn for 0 ap

Would that be able to take sonia ?
>>
About to pick my 1st master box. Halp to decide:
>Jack Daw/VonSchill (like most masters in Outcasts)
>Ramos/ (like most of masters in Arcanists)
>Hoffman (don't really like rest of masters in Guild)
>Ophelia/Zipp (like all masters in Gremlins)
My LGS have all of them in stock atm,but only 1 box each.
>>
>>49436634
I think go for Ramos, he's pretty straightforward plus his box is really useful for pretty much the entire faction.
>>
>>49436712
What are good picks to go with him? Arachnids swarms? Or Large Arachnids?
>>
>>49436634
Ramos, followed by Hoffman. Play Hoffman in traditional Hoffball fashion, and grab Arcanists constructs.

Also, how the fuck does your LGS have Zipp in stock? Those don't come out for a while.
>>
>>49436416
I'd probably drop the Doppler for slurids/gupps or The First Mate. If you can swing the first m8 plus his upgrade, it'd he'd be great for camouflage + leap + armor.

Nurses are always great for Zorida too.
>>
>>49436826
Duh, I typed wrong name, I meant that wizard guy, Wong?

Still robots sounds good. I could paint them with clean white just like turrets form Portal.
>>
>>49436634
Go for Ophelia. She's pretty straight forward, and it looks like gremlins is the only faction you said you like all the masters in.

Enjoying what you're playing is more important then power level, imo.
>>
>>49436634
Ramos - go for this and Arcanist are tons of fun
>>
I'm actually looking at starting too, but its really tough to choose. I like individual masters but I cant decide on a faction.

Brewmaster(hate the rest of the gremlins)
Rasputina(Rest of arcanists look boring)
Collodi(rest of neverborn, the non puppet models look weird)
Leviticus(Am told he is shitty for beginners because his mechanics are so weird)
Hoffman(Rest of the guild are illegal mexicans)
>>
>>49437253
>http://imgur.com/a/vJ5g0 https://imgur.com/a/tjdx4
Play guildball then :P
>>
>>49437253
>Brewmaster(hate the rest of the gremlins)
Have you considered the virtue of the Ten Thunders?
>>
>>49437253
What >>49437358 said.

I'd probably go for whatever faction has the most masters that you like.
>>
>>49435569
Hadn't thought of bishop.

So eternal journey yay or nay? I think it could be good but to hit those severe damage with buried stuff like nothing beast feels like a pain.
>>
>>49434321
>>49431096
>>49430840
>>49434626
Alternativley then are there Ressers crews lead by not Yan-Lo but can make good use of Toshiro and Izamu?

Perhaps Nicodem? He's big into rezzing weak units and Toshiro can buff them, right?
>>
>>49437810
Toshiro is good in pretty much every resser crew you can fit him into.
>>
>>49437810
Toshiro is pretty good with Nico ++ (or +++ Punk Zombies) can putt out a lot of consistent damage. It's nice to have a back up summoner to.

Izamu is pretty good for Nico too, because unlike a lot of Resser minions he doesn't have hard to wound. So you can hit him with decay (probably focused to make sure) and not have to worry about annoying negative damage twists.
>>
>>49437842
>>49437921
Nicodem it is.
>>
>>49437810
Pangoilin works pretty well with Seamus too.
>>
Is a Sonnia crew filled with witchlings/handlers/stuff that burns viable?

I want to start one anyway. What are the best ways to set stuff on fire aside from handlers and Sonnia?
>>
How well do proxies work for this system?
I'm thinking about starting up but I want to try it on my own first.
There's a flg nearby that plays on the weekend but I have too much anxiety to ask how to play.
>>
>>49438134
I haven't played it but I really want to try out Sonnia+ Hopkins+ his upgrade that hands out burning 4 seems like a lot of fun.

I think you're be relying on the witchlings+handlers a lot though. There aren't a whole lot of other ways to hand out burning in guild.

Witchlings are some pretty great minions. If you count their built in burning, they've got a pretty impressive damage spread with min damage 3. Getting more for free with Sonnia is just icing on the cake.
>>
>>49438263
Proxies are easy, as long as you can tell what's what and have the right size base. Built in Height stats mean you never have to worry about true like of sight bullshit.
>>
>>49438334
Handlers have a (0) aura gives everyone (not even just minions) burning +1 after damage as long as it's LoS and withing 10 inches. So anyone with an accurate gun near a handler can set stuff on fire, while Hopkins needs the enemy to be in cover.

Too bad the aura does not work with austringers due to the LoS requirement. There goes my plan of tactical falcon naplam strikes all across the board.
>>
>>49438461
>Too bad the aura does not work with austringers due to the LoS requirement.
Is a bit disappointing, especially since it'd let Hopkins go mega ultra damage without LoS.

Handlers plus witchlings seems pretty stronk. Every time you do damage you stack another burning +2.
>>
>>49438134
All burn can be a bit of a trap unless it's a really killy scenario. Brutal Emissary is your friend with the Conflux upgrade that gives out Burning as a (0)

>>49438263
Just go ask to learn! We're always looking for new players, I'm sure they'll be happy to show you the ropes.
>>
>>49437921
>+++ Punk Zombies can putt out a lot of consistent damage.
Huuuge understatement.
>>49437955
Especially with Nico handing out fast.
And they can Flurry, right?
>>
How the fuck does Gaki assemble
>>
>>49439701
Git gud
>>
>>49439661
>Huuuge understatement
Yeah. I was thinking more about other resser minions with only ++
>And they can Flurry, right?
Yup. Make sure to grab the upgrade that lets you companion. Summoned flurrying punk zombies without even a single activation to try and stop the pain.
>>
>>49439701
Better than it paints.
>>
Gonna paint a master and maybe a freikorp trapper tonight, Von schill, Viks, Tara or Hamelin?
>>
>>49440878
Tara.
>>
>>49441013
You got it
>>
File: nellie.jpg (207KB, 598x647px) Image search: [Google]
nellie.jpg
207KB, 598x647px
time for a poorly photographed Nellie update.
I'm going to make the feather a bit brighter then probably start painting her coat. Any ideas what colour would look good? i'm thinking either brown or dark green at the moment.
>>
>>49441638
Brown methinks, something like a burnt umber

Hard hitting question, Coffins from the "new" death marshals, Keep them with the ones I'm doing up for a tara crew or use them in my Reva crew somehow?
>>
File: image.jpg (575KB, 1575x1840px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
575KB, 1575x1840px
>>49441013
Disco
>>
>>49406289
Hey guys. Recently bought a bunch of boxes of stuff because it looked cool but it turns out theres some local players so I was wondering if I could make anything not-shit with what I have.

>no shelter here
>doppleganger
>beckoners
>relic hunters
>guilc guard
>guild rifles
>>
>>49443433
>>no shelter here
>>doppleganger
>>beckoners
seems like a solid start to neverborn there, all that stuff is decent, just pick up a teddy as well and that's pretty much how I play pandora.
>>
>>49443461
agreed, I'd also consider either a widow weaver or insidious madnesses, or a dreamer crew for some Alps.
>>
So thinking about the Tara advice you all helped with earlier in the thread and the Upcoming Divergent paths games I need to get in this week, I'm thinking about running this:
Tara -- 4ss
+Dead Of Winter - 1ss
+Obliteration Symbiote - 2ss
+Scramble - 2ss
Karina - 5ss
+The Faces Of Oblivion - 0ss
Bishop - 10ss
Death Marshal - 6ss
Freikorps Trapper - 6ss
The Nothing Beast - 10ss
+Void Shield - 0ss
Void Wretch - 4ss
Void Wretch - 4ss

Idea is that the trapper helps out the kid and takes pot shots at any scheme runners that try to get up on him, While Tara hauls ass across the board before dumping Bishop and The nothing beast on the opponent's doorstep to "Play" the rest of the crew runs the Schemes and gets rid of the witchling stalkers as they chase the kid, and in the case of the man puppy guards him.
>>
>>49443872
It's also worth noting that Both nothing beast and bishop can be swapped out for Hannah, Taelor, Dr. Grimwell (or if I find two points killjoy) But I chose Bishop based on his access to swift and the fact that with fast he gets downright nasty.
>>
>>49443433
>doppleganger
>beckoners
>relic hunters
>guilc guard
>guild rifles
Pick up Dark Debts and you've got yourself a good selection of Ten Thunders options.
>>
>>49444146
Before you comment that you started this for Neverborn or you started this for Guild - you're still playing them. You are, in fact, playing both. When you go McCabe, you will be taking only Guild models. When you go Lynch, you will be taking only Neverborn models. Ten Thunders aren't the strongest faction in the game, but their specialty is misdirection. An opponent will not know what sort of list you're going to be fielding out of Ten Thunders. Their masters are so different, and have access to such different hiring pools, that until they learn what you in specific own, or until they've had enough experience to play against the entire faction, you're a giant question mark.It also allows you to make maximum use out of what you already own.
>>
>>49444524
Thunders are completely viable as a faction. Since all their masters are dual faction their declared factions have a tendency to be split so TT is not as popular, but in terms of models they have and can use they're no stronger or weaker than other factions.
>>
>>49445068
> All other factions in top 8
> Ten Thunders' highest is 16th
Yeah, okay.
>>
>>49445136
Again, not played a lot. Though didn't the number one say he was gonna go TT next year?
>>
>>49445191
Even few good players should have been able to get the faction higher than top 16, with only 7 factions to pick from and them all being equally good. And I didn't hear anything like that, but then again, I didn't listen for it.
>>
>>49445136
What if I play for fun, not tournaments
>>
>>49445219
Then the viability depends on how much your fun involves watering down high level play. If other people are watering things down to the same level you are, then things are fine. If they're watering it down the same amount you are, you're in trouble.
>>
>>49445235
What if I dont play with WAAC faggots and just play for FUN
>>
>>49445219
>>49445235
>>49445255
In the end it's all about skill. TT isn't some magically crippled faction. It's fine, a bit middle-of-the-road y and sharing its strongest masters with other factions. They're perfectly viable, you're not hurting yourself by playing it.
>>
>>49445255
Then, again, it depends on how you define fun. "Playing fur fun", as claimed by people who call others "WAAC Faggots", is traditionally "deliberately not taking certain things". If both you and your opponent are choosing not to take the same amount of things, then you're going to lose, as the field is still uneven. If you're both bringing yourselves down to the same level of play by just taking whatever and trying to make it work, then you're going to be on the same level. I'm not entirely certain how you have fun, so I can't say.
>>
>>49445279
you sound like a WAAC fag
>>
>>49445294
And yet, what of what I said was wrong? All a WAAC fag is is someone who enjoys playing for different reasons than you do.
>>
>>49445304
By that logic you're playing for fun every time you deliberately don't take papabox Sonnia and maybe its hard counter. In other tournaments other masters and factions have done better. The playing field is fairly level, don't take the meta of one tournament as gospel.
>>
>>49445337
Arguably you are - or, at least, you're not playing towards victory. The game works towards a single ideal, a platonic concept of Malifaux List, which cannot be bested except by lists designed specifically to take it down. That is the closest we currently have, and all lists that aren't it are easily divided into one of three categories: Counters, specifically designed to take down Sonnia, Research, trying to build towards another Best List and getting information on what it could be, or Fun, which covers everything else. There's a lot of enjoyment to be had in Fun. Nobody can be 'on' all the time, and even I, presumptuous ass that I'm being, still call it fun without a trace of irony or downtalking. But you go into every game in its category knowing that you could be doing better, and are choosing to not in order to explore other models and just generally dick around.
>>
>>49445395
http://www.malifaux-rankings.com./#/
Woop, different meta, suddenly Guild is #5 and TT magically finds itself #3.

Again, you're an idiot if you take the scores of one tournament's meta as final.
>>
>>49445441
I'm not certain why you're claiming that a nationals event for the nation with the world's largest Malifaux player base is less important, or even equally important, to the rankings of a small island that barely considers the game worth noticing, but I suppose I'll concede the point that in that meta, things are different.
>>
>>49445470
Those rankings aren't even one tournament; they're a collection of all the tournaments played there.

So on the one hand we have one event, on the other way have years of events.
>>
What are top tier crews?
>>
>>49445557
Summoners
>>
>>49445566
all of them?
>>
>>49445576
No
Only some of them
>>
>>49445603
Which ones?
>>
>>49445620
Dreamer, Kirai, Nico, Ramos, Molly, Som'er, and maybe Ulix in something kind of like that order. I don't get to play very often though so don't trust me.
>>
>>49445557
Crews with very high AP manipulation abilities. Note: Removing enemy models and/or adding your own models are very good things for AP manipulation, if you spend less AP in doing it than it costs the opponent.
>>
>>49445470
>the nation with the world's largest Malifaux player base
>a small island that barely considers the game worth noticing
From what I've heard listening to podcasts, the British scene has about twenty or so hardcore tournament goers that tend to play each other with ridiculously finely-honed lists about once a month, since there are tournaments about twice a month that half of the top-tier players in the country can make it to.
In comparison, the American scene has a larger number of players, but the cream meet each other far less frequently because all of Englad could fit in California, so American top players would need to be travelling thousands of miles a month to meet with half the regularity.

>>49445566
I cann't get my head around playing against summoners.
People keep telling me to score points and not worry about enemy models, but it gets to a point around Turn 3 where I can't get anything done because there are so many engagement zones, charge lanes and attacks clogging up the board.
>>
Is Bete Noir worth taking?
Most my local seems to think she isn't worth the points.

I have Molly and I'm starting a Kirai crew next month.
>>
>>49446200
Reading that back, I think I emphasised it wrongly - the British top tier have greater focus on understanding how their models and factions work, and how to get the best out of them, because they are all constantly meeting people that know how to tech against tehir preferred lists.
The American players, on the other hand, sound like there is a greater focus on building excellent lists, and doing the job the list was built for.
>>
Ramos box, Arachnid Swarms, Electric Creation, Mechanical Rider.
Does it sounds like a plan? I have to wait till Joss delivery so I can add him.

Can afford extra box of one of those: Arachnid Swarms/Large Arachnids/Soulstone Miners/December Acolytes/Silent Ones/Metal Gamins.
>>
>>49446322
*till Johan delivery
>>
>>49446322
>I have to wait till Joss delivery so I can add him.

But Ramos's box comes with Joss.

Anyway, Metal Gamin aren't a great hire anymore but they're okay for summoning with the Rider. Another option that lots of Ramos lists like is Johan, since he brings condition removal and can heal M&SU models.

December Acolytes are solid all-around, and they're probably the model to take if you ever plan on moving into Colette (and you should! She loves beaters like Howard and Joss, and Ramos's spiders are way better scheme runners when Cassandra's carrying Practiced Production)
>>
>>49446200
Summoners can certainly be a problem if left unchecked, but remember that it costs a ton of resources and in trying to summon that's one master that isn't crushing your face. The biggest problem is activation control, which really gets out of hand fast. Luckily, summons tend to come in at low wounds.

You need two-three models to aggressively deal with just the summoner and whatever he spawns, just try not to lose yourself to solely dealing with him and have a unit dedicated to scheming.
>>
rolling
1-5 guild guy
6-0 arcanist guy
>>
>>49447329
New bread
>>
what's a good proxy for levitcus' waifs? i got the old metal box but i need at least 1 more waif
>>
>>49447483
Hasslefree miniatures and Reaper ar both good bets.
Thread posts: 331
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.