[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1080: Artifact Gravity Beam Emitter Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 530
Thread images: 62

File: 1470098370900.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
1470098370900.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>Google Drive
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&usp=sharing

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=%23JumpchainCYOA
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
http://pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread
>>49285511
>>
>>49294350
>1080
Hey now.
>>
>>49294367
You're an all star.
>>
>>49294374
Get your jump on drive
>>
File: Kagetora Hyodo 1.jpg (22KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
Kagetora Hyodo 1.jpg
22KB, 250x250px
>>49294350
Ah, we're back on track!
>>
>>49294350
>>49294521
No we're not. It should be 1077.
One job, OP. One. Fucking. Job.
I'm so disappointed with you right now.
>>
>>49294646
Does it matter?
>>
>>49294685
Yes. If there is one thing we can keep straight, we can al least do that for the thread numbers.
>>
>>49294685
My cat's breath smells like cat food.
>>
>>49294646
Nah, the count was fucked last thread. That one should've been 1079.
>>
File: lewd every single day.jpg (79KB, 501x720px) Image search: [Google]
lewd every single day.jpg
79KB, 501x720px
>>49294646
One Job Anon jump when?
>>
Thread 1075 was my fuck up and then last thread... yeah.
Let's just get on with the thread and leave it, it's too late to delete now, isn't it?
Also I'll be posting my Salt build soon.
>>
>>49289518
4. Avatar: The Legend of Korra

- Background: Wanderer
- Nation: Earth Kingdom
- Perks: Traveler's Luck [Discount Wanderer, 950 left], Tall [Discount Earth Kingdom, 900 left]
- Bending: Bender [800 left], Seismic Sense [700 left], Metalbending [400 left], Mobile Bender [Discount Wanderer, 300 left]
- Items: Marbles [Free Earth Kingdom]
- Companions: Origin Spirit [100 left], Jump Clan (Import Beeheyem) [0 left]
Beeheyem (200 left)
- Background: Wanderer
- Nation: Fire Nation
- Bending: Bender [100 left], Mobile Bender [Discount Wanderer, 0 left]
- Drawbacks: And The Adventure Continues [+0]
- Future: ???

>This place looks weird.
>I'm stuck here aren't I.
>Hello? Can someone let me out of here?
>I STILL have an alien for a best friend, and we're completely lost.
>Every time I ask him why he still sticks around me he tells me "somebody has to" or something like that.
>Oh hi little guy! Are you gonna help me get out of here? Please say yes.
>Oh okay we're going this way now.
>[SOME TIME LATER]
>Oh, hi! You have a very large dog I see.
>Oh, okay, it's also a bear.
>What do you mean, "I'm the only one who can do that?" Oh, you mean do the windy thing and the rocky thing at the same time?
>Where are you taking me?
>Oh boy, here we go again.
>>
>>49294685
Well it makes it easier to search the archives. I don't know if that's important to you or not, but some folks find that useful.

>>49294700
I just searched back through the threads to 1070. This one was definitely 1077.
Unless someone is trying to pull that 'this thread never happened' shit again.
>>
>>49294816
No, then we'd be counting backward. Also we were still one or two editions missed. Honestly? This might be RIGHT.
>>
>>49294827
Then what was the last thread number supposed to be? And the one before?
Where did we go wrong this time?
>>
>>49294862
We've had a few editions that just skipped something or regressed, and we just kept going. I can't say for sure which or how many anymore.
>>
So I know this'll probably end badly for me, but I want to use a Denarius.

How can I flip the metaphysical alignment of a being as old as time?
Or at least suppress it while using its powers?
>>
We have had:
#1076: The One Where We Get It Right I Swear to God
#107: Eight Inch Jumper Edition
#1074: Identity Death Edition
#1073: Grape Trees Lost Edition
#1072: Pendulum Jumpmaker Edition
#1071: Hold, Release; Rakshasa and Carcasses Edition

So the next thread after this one is #1078
>>
>>49294753
I love your little greentext bits at the end. You're getting so much use out of being a raptor pokemon for shits and giggles (though I assume you're in human form most of the time, right? Or do you switch as the need arises).
>>
>>49294890
See >>49294894
This is 1077, anon.
We can at least be that accurate, so people don't have to spend an hour digging through the archives for something.
>>
>>49294893
You will want ALL the willpower perks, genre savior, talk no jutsu, etc, basically your best bet is to convince the coin-bound fallen that it doesn't have to be a dick since it isn't beholden to the same rules that it had to deal with, now that it's not in that universe anymore.

>>49294915
I'm talking in ancient times. Not anytime relevant. It should not have had bearing on the current thread, in other worlds.
>>
I need some help. What races/origins get stronger over time with no apparent hardcap?

The ones that I can think of:
>Dead Apostle, Tsukihime
>Vampires (specially if killing a high generation Vampire), oWoD
>Prismatic Dragons, Forgotten Realms
>Vampires, Hellsing
>True Immortal, Vampire Diaries
>Force users, Star Wars
>Hive Queen, Hive Queen Quest
>>
Why does the thread number matter again?
>>
Rolled 6, 3 = 9 (2d8)

just rolling some dice, don't mind me
>>
On Mystcraft the maker made a ruling that while it had some really stupid bits does state you can't make permanent worlds pre-Spark. While the "start playing Conduit with a Bevin and your perks" bit can be dismissed I'd say the particular portion on world decay is fairly straightforward and not ridiculously stupid like the rest of it. It's intended as a source of resources, not something to create entire bases in.
http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/37947341/#37954650
>>
>>49294753
You know, I'm actually curious. How did you being an airbender in Avatar go? Also, how's this whole dual bender thing going? It seems like both Avatars at the very least took an interest in you.
>>
>>49294941
See >>49294816
Archive purposes.
>>
>>49294941
Because we are the most autistic general on the most autistic board.
>>
>>49294939
Half Elf Valkyries, Valkyrie Profile
Bydo, R-Type
Magic Users, Bayonetta
Orkz, 40k
Jumpers, Jumpchain CYOA
>>
>>49294984
>Orks

What Jump
>>
Rolled 2, 1 = 3 (2d8)

>>49294942
more dice
>>
>>49294289
I mean you don't get rid of the recoil and just use a perfect defense whenever you fire the thing.
>>
>>49294898
As the need arises, honestly.

>>49294970
Well, it resulted in me getting roped into a lot of shenanigans with Aang and company. It also led to more attention from the Fire Nation, and I probably got captured and used as bait at least once.

They were expecting the Avatar to rescue me, but they weren't expecting Beeheyem.

As for Korra, I'd like to think she was mainly confused by the whole thing. Of course, if Tenzin recognized me from any of his dad's stories, I have some explaining to do.
>>
>>49294893
Point out that it's being a salty little bitch, and that nothing it can do to humanity will cancel out the retardation of spiritually mutilating yourself to fight a vastly superior/omnipotent being. Maybe some verbal equivalent to a bright slap? What happened to Lash implies the Fallen aren't completely irredeemable, so any good redemption perks would help. If you can't appeal to any buried semblance of a concious, maybe self-interest will work.
>>
>>49294893
A Heart to Call My Own from Kingdom Hearts
>>
File: Kagetora Hyodo 2.png (278KB, 300x450px) Image search: [Google]
Kagetora Hyodo 2.png
278KB, 300x450px
Salt Jump 090:
CP: 500
Drawbacks:
No Shoes [+50]
No Service [+200]
Origin: Drop-In
Perks:
Mining Arm [Free]
Git in the Pit [-150]
Salt Miner [-300]
Items:
Pickax [-50]
Bottle of Water x 2 [-50]
Umbrella [-100]
Bandanna [-100]

Geeze a guy takes off for twenty years, for my wedding and honeymoon I'll add, after centuries of service and ya just send me to mine salt? Thanks for not just kicking me out out of the Chain, Jumpchan.
Thank /JC for Metavore, as I drink my fill of water each day and eat enough salt to satisfy the hunger.

>>49295108
You'd need a Perfect Soak Charm, a Charm that reduces damage to 0, to do that and from what I can tell there's only Pasiap Still Stands (Jade Mountain Style) and perhaps the Five-Dragon Blocking Method (Five-Dragon Style), but both of the aforementioned Charms would be expensive in Mote-Cost vs the recoil of the GBE. The character who shoots the GBE causally in Blame! is some kind of Safeguard variant right?
They'd likely have high soak naturally, because they're made up of really tough shit. If the recoil could be codified to how many times it'd reduce a human to so much pulp I could tell you a range of damage that it could be throwing back, like if the thing can reduce a person to a pulp on recoil alone once fired it's likely dealing 14 lethal, thus reliably killing a person on trigger pull.
As the recoil is just a side-effect of firing the GBE Perfect Blocks would stop your own attack... somehow, and I have no idea what kind of oddness could occur from you Perfect Dodging recoil.
If this dosen't clear everything up just ask for more information.
>>
Hey, in regards to the god-killer weapon that you can get from Skulduggery Pleasant, is it one of the actual God-Killers, or is it just something with the same level and kind of magic?

I personally just want to complete the set, and being able to buy one directly would help a lot.
>>
>luck-based discounts
>>
>>49295328
Blue board, anon.
>>
>>49295328
>Faggot still whining
>>
>>49295011
Ork Jump.
Brutus is working on it.
You can grow some ork bodies and possess it in the meantime i guess.
>>
>>49295325
Perfect dodge would probably be some ridiculous acrobatics to disperse the recoil without being damaged. And GBEs are closer to the Five Iron Shrike. It goes through anything in its path including matter strong enough to hold together a structure the size of the solar system. It's one of those ridiculous kill everything guns scattered throughout the chain.
>>
>>49295011
Warhammer Fantasy.
>>
>>49295328
the fuck

THE EARDRUM IS NOT A HYMEN.
>>
>>49295422
Aren't there moon sized Orks swiming out in space somewhere?
>>
>>49295487
Theoretically possible, but they'd be dead due to a lack of combat. probably.
>>
>>49295487
Thats stuff from back in the day when 40k was more tongue in cheek British humor.

A lot of that got swept under the rug when it became super serial grimdark.
>>
>>49295242
>What happened to Lash
Yeah, but that wasn't a fallen. Lash was essentially a computer program Lasciel injected into his brain, not a real fallen.
>>
File: Kagetora Hyodo 13.jpg (30KB, 225x350px) Image search: [Google]
Kagetora Hyodo 13.jpg
30KB, 225x350px
>>49295448
>Perfect dodge would probably be some ridiculous acrobatics to disperse the recoil without being damaged.
>Idon'tgiveashitboutphysics.jpg
I could accept that but I don't think that Mortals have access to any Perfect Dodges at those Essence levels, except of course the Half-Castes I believe who can get their parents Charm sets but I believe they are prevent in the source material by fiat from getting Perfects of their parents. I may be wrong.

>>49295487
Well, see >>49295569, but the largest known Ork, in the current continuety, would have to be The Beast who stood approximately ten meters tall in full armor. He fought Vulcan, a Primarch, and survived the battle, though I think he was taken out later.
>>
Hey anyone got a link to those really good Fan-made Infernal Charms?
>>
So, jumpers, do you have any badass scars?
>>
>>49295706
Here's the one with the odd amount of pregnancy charms: https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id=1jmxwx7FPXA-jzWJiv2fyCGeJQGQu2QomFTs5j45mPec
Some stuff about Coadjutors: https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id=1u0uS4TJX7Hi1Qxr9x9yMzpy4GFJpMi7K8ZTNJacsdt0#h.4wv1a476vksq
And main hub for one of the big names: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1nsYGnXacHopk93slHd_PIhdgnq0Lti4HnPEowfOVXp0/mobilebasic
Follow through to his SWLIHN charms for more links to his other stuff.
>>
>>49295743
Some, most notably one on my face an a bunch on my forearms.

Fuck Billy-Ray Sanguine and his little razor too. Goddamn.
>>
>>49295743
Honestly? No. I've been wounded enough to have a ton of the things, but my Aesthetic Perks, combined with Regeneration, means I don't have any. Scars are cool, but I would rather have smooth skin.

>>49295757
Thank you. I wanted to show them to my Exalted group.
>>
>>49295743
I think I got a perk for that so yes?
>>
>>49295683
Yeah, half-caste don't get Perfects or persistent defences.

>>49295706
Which ones would those be?
>>
>>49295743
>bad ass scars
No, my healing factor makes sure I don't get scars, on my ass or anywhere else.
>>
File: ps1ZyPs.gif (1014KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
ps1ZyPs.gif
1014KB, 500x281px
>>49295781
It was you!
>>
Would it be possible to bring Soul Edge under my control?
>>
>>49295832
KONO JUSTICE DA!
>>
>>49295832
I forgot my name, sue me.
>>
File: 008 synth courser.png (729KB, 1063x1681px) Image search: [Google]
008 synth courser.png
729KB, 1063x1681px
>>49289143
Oh my god, I'm actually bringing companions with me!

Fallout 4 Jumpchain (Jump #8)
Background
>Age:22
>The Institute
Race
>Synth: Courser (600)
Perks
>Charmer (500)
>Chemist (500)
>Benevolent Leader (100)
>SCIENCE! (-200)
Mutations
>none
Gear
>Starting Gear (-200)
>Pip-Boy 3000 (-400)
Companions
>Import (-600)
Drawbacks
>Scrounger (-500)100
>Medicine Resistant (-300)200
>There’s a Settlement That Needs Your Help (0)300

Companion 1: Tyrone (Typhlosion: Jump #1 and Cyndaquil Jump #3)
>Background: The Railroad
>Race: Synth Courser
>Perks: Charmer (300), Chemist (200)
>Gear: Explosive Box (100), Ballistic Fiber (0)

Companion 2: Lee Zhong (Jump #6)
>Background: Brotherhood of Steel
>Perks: Commando (300)
>Gear: Starting Gear (300), Caps (250), T-51a Power Armor (0)

Companion 3: Iio (Jump #6)
>Background: The Institue
>Perks: Chemist (300), Mechanist (150)
>Gear: Starting Gear (150), Synth Armor (0)

So, picked up SCIENCE! because I needed something to augment my magical crafting abilities. Tyrone (who finally has a Human-form name) is accompanying me for the third time, and this time he's infiltrating the Railroad. Why? Because Desdemona's an idiot and going about things the wrong way. Mind, so is Elder Maxson, which is why Lee Zhong was infiltrating one of his Deep Recon missions, probably the real reason Paladin Brandis is locked away in a bunker. Wish I could have gone full T-60 with him, but the upgrades weren't discounted, so the best he could get with the T-51. We'll steal some T-60 from the BoS once they show up. Iio is, like me, a surface agent of the Institute, and she's our robotics expert. Knowing my luck, she'd probably already snuck into the RobCo facility ahead of the cosplayer.

Due to Preston being on my ass, and my Benevolent Leadership, Quincy won't be falling to the Gunners anytime soon, and the Sole Survivor will be finding a much more united Commonwealth when they wake up.
>>
>>49295743
Unfortunately no.
Perfect regeneration makes keeping them impossible and I don't want any fake scars as half the fun of them is the story behind them.
>>
File: Kagetora Hyodo 11.jpg (18KB, 105x105px) Image search: [Google]
Kagetora Hyodo 11.jpg
18KB, 105x105px
>>49295448
>It (GBE) goes through anything in its path including matter strong enough to hold together a structure the size of the solar system.
From what I understand of the manga in question, and I may be wrong but this is as I understand it. The walls of the structure are basically being held together by energy fields which the GBE interferes with and when suddenly the walls are exposed to the reality of not being supported by Gravity Furnaces they fall apart very quickly.

>Five-Iron Shrike
Godspear of the Five-Metal Shrike deals infinite levels of damage as long as you were within 25 yards of the original target. Perfects are the only method of survival. Seriously that was a lot of dakka, and I personally don't know if the GBE matches it.

>>49295706
You could go ask Exalted General, they've likely got a few good ones, but here broski.
Here's where I found a few; https://docs.google.com/document/d/1W9b-e5YOQ_dI--tcxITL7VL_XLaCYk8Lv4xeLpsKFmM/edit

>>49295743
Pic Related is basically me most of the time, so yeah. I keep a superficial scar on my body for each time I've had to use an Extra-Life perk or when an enemy truly meant something to me I might create a scar just for them.

>>49295785
A perk literally to make your scars awesome, where? I'd love that shit.

>>49295798
Ah, yeah I thought so.
Then I'd need to know how much damage the recoil does to you before I'd say anything conclusive. Five-Dragons Blocking Method and Pasiap Still Stands might be able to tank the recoil but only if you have the motes for it, which is unlikely.
>>
>>49296156
Gravity furnaces are used by one particular group. There's one way to shield against them but literally anything else it hits is destroyed utterly. Now that's probably partially limitations of the manga, but for Exalted there's not much difference between a few hundred dice and infinite damage.
>>
File: konata_izumi_520.jpg (66KB, 130x200px) Image search: [Google]
konata_izumi_520.jpg
66KB, 130x200px
>>49295743
If I want to.

Shapeshifter!

Although I also have that perk from Kairos, so, I dunno. Probably.
I imagine they would hang predominantly around my arms, legs, and back. Gotta keep the face clean for cute, y'know, unless it's like a cuteness accentuating tiny scar on like my nose or something.
Arms and hands especially. All those crazy experiments and jamming your hands in machines and whatnot.
But I've never really sat down and figured out what they look like.
All I really know is scars are sexy.

>>49296156
> A perk literally to make your scars awesome, where?
Kairos. The perk's name is literally "Badass Scars".
>>
Are there any powers that can be granted en masse? I want to go to a powerless world (like Person of Interest or something) and suddenly introduce lots of powers to several people in the world. I'd consider Stands, but the only way to grant those is via the Stone Arrow, unless there's something I can use to remotely grant them to lots of people.
>>
>>49296156
>A perk literally to make your scars awesome, where? I'd love that shit.
Not even a perk my man, just go to Dragonblooded.
That sort of thing is innate to Exaltations
>>
>>49296306
/co/co/'s has a Jar of Stand-Granting Jawbreakers. Taking two or more Star Wars Jumps lets you freely grant people connections to the Force. If you don't mind weird Biology powers, you could probably brew up something using the Customization Tables in Resident Evils
>>
>>49296306
Outsider marks, if you forgo the suck Jump Chan's dick option.
>>
>>49296306
>>49296347
Yeah, with Resident Evil, you could make an infectious super soldier serum a la Captain America.
>>
>>49296271
Yeah, I think that was the one. Also had bad-ass hair or something.
>>
>>49296306
Territoeies from travelers gate are a completely custom magic you can give to anyone.
>>
>>49296306
Worm gives you five bottled super powers every year.
>>
>>49296306
Cauldron Vials, and the Arrowhead from Jojo are my go to options. Valinhall or a custom Territory from Traveler's Gate also let you train people in some fairly useful magic.
>>
>>49296312
>That sort of thing is innate to Exaltations
Nah, most of the time they heal perfectly without scars (or quickly fading scars).

>Even mangled limbs and pulped bones recover grow back straight without anything more than the faintest scarring. Only aggravated damage leaves lasting scars, though even these typically fade with time. Severing a body part is the only way to prevent Exalted from healing it back naturally.
>>
File: 009 untiltled space craft.png (140KB, 600x278px) Image search: [Google]
009 untiltled space craft.png
140KB, 600x278px
>>49295894

Kerbal Space Program (Jump #9)
Background
>Pilot (900)
Perks
>This Is, Actually, Rocket Science (900)
>Speak English, Dammit: Actual English (900)
>Some Old Friends (900)
>Esprit de Kerbal: 9 male, 11 female (see GASB) (900)
>We Have Reserves!: I Am A Pilot, Actually (850)
>Zero G Angel (750)
>Kerbal Biology: Full Kerbal (see GASB) (750)
Pilot
>I Am A Pilot, Actually (750)
Engineer
>Aerospace Engineering Makes Things Go Fast (650)
>They’re Like Legos, Right? (450)
>This Is How I Want It (50)
Scientist
>Visit Exotic Alien Worlds, And Study Them (-50)
Technology Packs
>KSP Interstellar (-100)
>Thunder Aerospace Corporation’s Life Support Systems (see KNFB) (-100)
Items
>Emblems (-100)
>Vehicle Assembly Building and Launchpad (-200)
>Astronaut Complex (-300)
Companions
>Kerbal Kompanions Assemble (-500)
>Doctor Wendy Khalen (-600)
Drawbacks
>Green Alien Space Babes (-600)
>I Need More Time!: 100 years (-600)
>Kerbin Technology Superior (-500)
>Set Difficulty Level to Real Life! (-200)
>Kerbal Needs Food, Badly (0)

One of my favorite video games, and now I get to spend a hundred years doing it (mainly because I didn't want to spend the points on Fast Forward). I pick up a new Companion too, a badass alien scientist who, once she has a technology goal in mind, can research it. Yeah, it would have been cooler if I could do it myself, but I wanted to be an engineer more than I wanted to be a scientist (even though I took the Pilot background).
>>
>>49296430
Pretty sure there is something in the books about scars remaining if they make you look good. But I could be remembering.
>>
File: 201X.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
201X.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>49296256
A GBE probably matches the Doomsday weapon detailed in an explanation of Exalted combat that I found once it's in Pic Related, but I'll detail it here for the Tl;dr.
A somewhat gratuitous weapon of mass destruction. Designed by first age Solars, it generates an unblockable, undodgeable attack with 50 automatic successes, does 100L levels of damage, and is perfect in its own right - even if somehow the 50 successes are reduced to 0, it’s considered to hit with 0 successes. This is a completely arbitrary horror, and probably will only work for the Tri-Khan’s thaumaturges this once.
The only changes I'd apply is the fact that the GBE isn't a Perfect effect and likely doesn't grant automatic success to hit.

>>49296271
Ah, thanks. I think I'll do a build of it right now acutally.
>>
>>49296459
Misremembering*
>>
>>49296347
>>49296377
>>49296397
>>49296417
>>49296419
>>49296425
Uh, wow. That's a lot more options then I thought would be available to me. Thanks, everyone.
>>
>>49294893
One of the dirty tricks they seem to use is manipulating what you see and hear to fuck with your ability to make actual choices or even see know what is really happening. So you might want something to prevent that effecting you, or strip that ability from them

You could use Heart to Call My Own from Kingdom Hearts to vacate whatever happened to them to make them unable to choose a different path.

Or you could just lobotomize their soul, turning them from sentient beings to dumb insensate energy patterns that grant abilities, but do not have the agency to try and corrupt you any more

Or just have a lot of Willpower and "You are always you" abilities if you can get around the sensory spoofing thing.
>>
>>49296468
>A GBE probably matches the Doomsday weapon detailed in an explanation of Exalted combat that I found once it's in Pic Related, but I'll detail it here for the Tl;dr.
>A somewhat gratuitous weapon of mass destruction. Designed by first age Solars, it generates an unblockable, undodgeable attack with 50 automatic successes, does 100L levels of damage, and is perfect in its own right - even if somehow the 50 successes are reduced to 0, it’s considered to hit with 0 successes. This is a completely arbitrary horror, and probably will only work for the Tri-Khan’s thaumaturges this once.
>The only changes I'd apply is the fact that the GBE isn't a Perfect effect and likely doesn't grant automatic success to hit.

A GBE wouldn't have any automatic successes to hit or undodgeableness, as it's not auto-aiming as far as I know.

But it'd be unblockable, with a LOT more damage than a paltry hundred levels.

Remember that Exalted core says that a stone wall needs to receive /80/ levels of damage to be entirely destroyed. (Sure, they don't roll dice for the damage, but for this that doesn't matter)
>>
>>49294893
Why would you want a Denarius anyway? The main benefits is magic use, hellfire, and a demonic alt form. It's already discounted for Practitioners, so you probably already have magic. Hellfire is worse than Soulfire. And the demonic form is pretty meh.

The side benefits aren't anything more than a couple of cheap perks from other jumps.
>>
>>49296586
Hmm I can understand that but what I was getting at was the fact that the GBE is good an equal to some doomsday weapons, but you still would need to somehow survive the recoil. If you could give me a measure of the character's durability in correlation to other things we could figure out the GBE recoil but until then the only way that seem acceptable is Perfect Dodge or Perfect Soak, which no Mortal Hero can get access to.
>>
>>49294969
Then as source of resources EE is better
>>
I'm a tad bit confused here. So what exactly is the gist of jumpchain exactly? I read through the rules but they don't seem to go into any real detail and I don't see much of anything regarding combat or anything like that. How do you actually manage to die, or am I missing something?
>>
>>49296808
It's a game of pretend. You die when you realize that the ambition of your imagination has outstripped what you could reasonably do with the abilities your character has. There are no resolution mechanics, it's very dependent on the idea that people will be honest with themselves and won't be complete powergaming Mary Sues who can never fail. Not completely, anyway.
>>
>>49296808
It's a "chain" of CYOAs, called "jumps", in which you can do multiple of them on one character, instead of one CYOA per character. The goal is to get a planeswalker spark which basically allows you to go anywhere in the omniverse, but in order to do so, you need to complete something called an "endjump", however, most of those are very high-powered settings, so in order to survive, you go to other jumps and accumulate abilities and items from those.
>>
File: Hard at Work.jpg (249KB, 600x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Hard at Work.jpg
249KB, 600x1000px
>>49296743
The conversation continues...
http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/37947341/#37955205
tldr: Minecraft-Anon went on to detail that there might be ways to study the methods to get the Mystcraft Books in better shape/lasting longer.

>>49296808
Jumpchain is a single player role play game in which you play out the scenario as detailed or as vaguely as you wish. The only rules that are codified are those written into the Jumps and in The Rules (At the top). You play by 'chaining' 'jumps' together, hints the name.
What this guy said for the most part >>49296864.
Personally if I have any doubts about the setting I'm going in I roll 1d100 on board to see what happens. (For me lows are good, and I have terrible luck)
>>
>>49296921
Did he say anything about using EE for out of jump materials or materials from other mods in minecraft jump?
>>
Rolled 9, 6 + 20 = 35 (2d10 + 20)

Who better to be President Bartlet's senior space science advisor than someone with literally a century of experience running a (mostly) successful space agency?
>>
>>49296708
You weren't really talking about that just now though, just comparing the lethalness of GBE vs Exalted superweapons. Where it outclasses literally everything except the Shrike and the God-Spear of All-Searing, by virtue of them copping out with infinite damage. Even the Titan-class giant flying battlestations on have their main cannon "only" deal 100levels of Piercing damage (and even if it has a wider area, it's much shorter range than a GBE).

I mostly just know my Exalted and a bit of GBE output. No idea exactly how tough Killy is, but I do know he's absurdly tough and I think the GBE still blew his arm off at some point?

Personally, I'd just get a Homunculi to fire it. Bit messy, but it works.
>>
>>49296969
The GBE breaking his arm was recoil, not him being hit by the beam.
>>
>>49296687
If you redeem it and make it love you then you can have a headbaby.
>>
>>49296864
That's... weird, but alright. Guess I'm just used to using dice for that kind of stuff.

>>49296911
But how can you tell if you can or can't survive? I mean, comparing different settings' power levels is the kind of thing that has sent thousands of threads spiraling into oblivion.

>>49296921
That makes a lot more sense I suppose. Honestly, I always felt it was just too free form for my tastes, but I figured I should at least check things out since someone apparently made one from my setting. I think I can see the appeal.
>>
>>49297018
Yes, I was talking about recoil at that point.
>>
>>49296969
I would just use cobra la to make it a biotech weapon then breed the creatures as living gbe canons.
>>
So which jumps besides Fear and Star Wars lets me make a clone army that's sapient?
>>
>>49297074
That works too, but how would you get them into the gauntlet then?
>>
>>49296969
>but I do know he's absurdly tough
Ballpark?
>>
>>49297035
Doesn't it have to die for that?
>>
>>49297049

The freeform is more to it's strengths than benefits, you'd be hard pressed to find a system capable of handling the level of variety/vague freeform abilities that sometimes arise from jumps

As it is, there's enough scrutiny on things, I imagine having to account for/balance actual mechanic mechanics would be a nightmare
>>
>>49297101
Well... I do remember a mention of something teleporting a part of the fucking sun on him, and him surviving. (He lost half his body, but he did apparently survive and regen.)
>>
>>49290464
Perks are good, except for Scrapper still being awful. But really needs more drawbacks. Currently maximum is 1800 and that's suicide. It's got a decent amount for a jump but Gauntlets generally have a good deal more because of the lack of starting CP.
>>
>>49297074
...I'm imagining these would look like 40k Squigs, and whenever they fire they just fly backwards and bounce for a good distance.
>>
File: Kagetora Hyodo 3.jpg (79KB, 753x597px) Image search: [Google]
Kagetora Hyodo 3.jpg
79KB, 753x597px
>>49296948
Not that I saw. I'm sure it's covered somewhere but I don't see it.

>>49296969
>You weren't really talking about that just now though
The conversation went as follows.
>>49295108
>Use a Perfect on the Recoil.
>>49295325
>Perfect Soak or Dodge?
>>49295448
>Perfect Dodge, yes. GBE =ish to Five-Metal Shrike
>>49295683
>Perfect Dodge, yes. Perfects for Mortals/Half-Castes?
>>49295785
>Half-Castes nope.jpg
>>49296156
>Revisting Five-Metal Shrike Comment. Don't think it's as good as God-Spear.
>>49296256
>Not much differnece between Infinite Damage and Hundreds really.
>>49296468
>Comparable to Doomsday weapon. /Opinion
>>49296586
>Not really.
>>49296708
>Okay... still recoil problem.
>>49296969
>Not what we were talking about.
And now we're back. Just pointing that out.

>Dat Spoiler
Well that's one way to do it.

>>49297049
Just the way I do it, but it's good to see someone intreasted.

>>49297101
Yes please. If we know Killy's toughness we can calc a damage based on that.

>>49297096
With the Weapon Import option I believe, but they'd have to be weapons. No intellect or anything like that.
>>
>>49297096
Breed enough and give them to the city as protection then use the 0 point drawback so the city keeps them in gauntlet. Just hope they dont get used on you.
>>
>>49297244
Dont they sound awesome?
>>
>>49297255
>we know Killy's toughness we can calc a damage based on that.
He is near immortal. Survives a headshot and breaks a concrete pillar with his face.
>>
File: 010 nasa seal.png (94KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
010 nasa seal.png
94KB, 480x480px
>>49296450

West Wing Jumpchain (Jump #10)
Identity
>Age: 35
>Background: Senior Staff - Director of NASA (900)
Skills
>What’s Next? (900)
>I work with the smartest people in the world (900)
>The it up with the Department of Whimsy (750)
>It’s the only thing that ever has (450)
Gear
>Sharp-Dressed Closet (400)
>The Finest Muffins and Bagels (350)
>Armored Limousine (300)
>Porkbarrel money (200)
>Security Detail (-100)
Drawbacks
>Appleanon.com (0)

So, Technically the Director of NASA isn't one of the President's "Senior Staff", but I just came off of a century launching alien space babes (and dudes) into space, so you'll have to forgive me for stretching things a bit. Plus, I think that Bartlet has some serious problem with his space policy, mainly that he's still relying on the Space Shuttle to get to space. Mr. President, I've got the plans, the know-how, and the technology to get a real reusable space program on offer. We're talking RAPIER engined unmanned spaceplanes, VTOL multi-stage recoverable rockets (sorry Elon), propulsive landing capsules, expansions to the ISS, ISRU units for the Moon, Mars, and Beyond. It won't even be that expensive, especially compared to the STS. And heck, if you really think it's worth it, I know of a way to do fusion power and even faster than light travel.
>>
>>49297255
>And now we're back. Just pointing that out.
Fair enough, the general conversation was about the recoil. Just saying I was really only replying to the superweapon comparisons at the end there (only two of those were mine).

>Well that's one way to do it.
It's not like they have feelings, sapience, or free will. (not even the Fair Folk version) They're just constructs, really. Also they're really cheap to just pop into existence.

>>49297289
They really do, yes.
>>
So what did you do during the Horror Movie jump?
>>
>>49297448
When things went bump in the night, I bumped back.
>>
So, how could I transplant a trait of one gun to another?

Preferably without combining them...
>>
>>49297478
There was a mod option I think from warframe.
>>
>>49297493
That could work, yeah. Thanks.
>>
>>49297255
Is rendered inoperable for a long time by a blast comparable to the center of the sun.
>>
>>49297198
Okay, fucking hell. That would mean the recoil, able to break his bones is enough to pulp a human easily, possibly a few times over. Granted the arm only broke after fireing it in quick succession from what I remembering right.

>>49297244
>>49297289
Those things would be funny I must say, however watch out for the....

>>49297266
https://keychain.patternspider.net/archive/koc0069.html
Damn Pattern Spiders.

>>49297325
> Survives a headshot
A headshot from what? The GBE? If so, dear fuck!
>breaks a concrete pillar with his face.
Thanks for the feats, they're not enough yet to run on but they are more than we had.

>>49297432
>Fair enough, only two were mine though.
No prob just putting that out there so that others could understand my train of thought.

>It's not like they have feelings.
True, though personally I'd use the Fair Folk Charms since they are really mote efficient if I'm remembering the conversations we had on the creation of Poppets. (I wanna say Poppets).

>>49297567
Okay I'm gonna have to say no you can't soak it without a Perfect of some sort then.
>>
>>49297644
>A headshot from what? The GBE? If so, dear fuck!
Nothing survives a direct hit from a GBE.
>>
File: the wee folk.png (694KB, 1001x583px) Image search: [Google]
the wee folk.png
694KB, 1001x583px
>>49297644
>True, though personally I'd use the Fair Folk Charms since they are really mote efficient if I'm remembering the conversations we had on the creation of Poppets. (I wanna say Poppets).
Homunculi and Poppets are the same thing. They're both tiers of Wee Folk. Homunculi are just more intelligent (about average adult), and up to three feet tall instead of a single feet height of Poppets.

It just takes one more succes on the roll to make a Homunculi instead of a Poppet.

And yes, they're absurdly mote-efficient. 3 motes, with an Essence 1 charm. Damn good.
>>
>>49297727
I was just looking for that pic.
>>
>>49296708
>but you still would need to somehow survive the recoil.
What is the problem with being in an imported power armor, making sure the area behind you is clear (in air pointed at ground) and letting the recoil throw you back?

Or have the 800 CP God Emulating Engrams and using a Divine Subordination of Dodge/MA to avoid the recoil?

Also, does your gauntlet have the "Perfect effects can potentially be gotten around by outside stuff it can make sense" that the Dragonblooded has, where a GBE could not be dodged/blocked unless you could leave the area of effect?

Or no, and you probably want to stay away from anyone with a perfect effect?
>>
>>49297644
Also killy gets thrown through a wall and down a couple floors, gets up and starts climbing again. Floors are big. Long way to fall.
>>
>>49297727
For reference.

The bigger, cat-eyed ones are Homunculi. They range from 1 to 3 feet tall.

The somewhat smaller ones with empty eyes in striped pants are the actual Poppets. They're 6 inches to 1 feet tall.

And the even smaller ones, just wearing what appear to be bushy skirts/kilts, are the Manikins. 3 to 6 inches.

Wee folk are wee.
>>
>>49297767
>What is the problem with being in an imported power armor, making sure the area behind you is clear (in air pointed at ground) and letting the recoil throw you back?
I don't know the exact sciences behind this but I think that you'd still suffer as the recoil transfers through your body. On the Power Armor I guess if it was made out of vibranium or something you'd be able to use it but I dunno.

>Divine Subordination of Dodge/MA?
It's basically the Divine Subordination of Martial Arts, and thus it would only be able to block the attack. Which it can't do because the damn thing doesn't explicitly say it can block the unblockable.

>Perfects how do?
I didn't wanna get into it because it was a sensitive subject at the time, also Mortals can't get very many true Perfects.

>you probably want to stay away from anyone with a perfect effect?
Unless they're on your side that's about the long and short of it.

>>49297831
Thanks. Still way durable.

>>49297860
Yes, yes they are, but so cute!
>>
>>49297448
I took a lot of souvenirs. It was Jump 80 for me, and I blitzed through one horror movie per week, usually.
Like, 99% of horror movies are a lot less scary when you've already been to Commoragh and Alien, even before taking courage perks into account...and I got a lot of use out of the monster-hunting skills I picked up in Ghostbusters, Van Helsing, Alan Wake, Generic zombie, FR and to a lesser extent Scooby Doo.

Got samples of lots of different zombie viruses (REC/Cell, Viral, somehow ended up in Racoon City), killer plants (Splinter, The Ruins), hunted trolls in Norway, killed and arrested more serial killers than I care to think about, almost exceeded the capacity on the storage tank from ghostbusters.

The most annoying part was every time I had to do research, the world's "lore" shifted slightly each time I "hopped" into a new movie.
Eg: the research I had done last week on ghosts wouldn't always be the same as the knowledge required for this week's poltergeists.
And somehow I had no copycat perks. There was so many different types of magic and psychic stuff, and I had not one power copy ability. I regret that...but not enough to burn my Return on it.

I still haven't worked out how I'm dealing with my warehouse Return. Whether it refreshes every 100 jumps or what.
>>
>>49297860
>Yes, yes they are, but so cute!
That they are!

...And yet, Poppets can murder elite mortal soldiers one on one. Homunculi can fight on par with mortal heroes. And they're usually encountered in groups of hundreds or dozens respectively.
>>
>>49298019
So what, you lead the mass combat against them.
>>
>>49297970
>had not one power copy ability.
We have those?
>>
>>49298048
Just saying they're pretty fun compared to mortals, despite being tiny. What with the gauntlet putting you at mortal (or god-blooded) level?

They're not much compared to Exalts of course.
>>
So for my next jump I rolled Mahou sensei Negima. I have heard mars is not a place you want to go... but I have an idea. I have Dread Pirate Roberts which lets me apprentice to and learn from just about anyone and rapidly gain the skills they teach you... If I use this on Jack Rikkan do I have a chance of surviving mars?
>>
>>49297942
The armor is Iron Man armor at its core (Not comic book, I made a custom power there, but MCU from the tech capstone + Asgardian boost) So I assumed it would protect me from the shock (if I actually had a GBE, that was another Anon, I have not taken that jump yet)

>t's basically the Divine Subordination of Martial Arts, and thus it would only be able to block the attack.
I thought it would be more than just MA stuff. Like myself as a MA god would have a craft excellency, usable on any weapon or armor that could be used by a MA style I or someone commissioning it knew, or other martial arts stuff like building a dojo or monastery,

(especially since I have the craft perk also)

So since dodging was a big part of MA, it is also part of being a MA god.

(It is allowed to become something other than mortal in jump, right? I was planning on trying to build a cult in the jump, developing an endowment charm usable on Martial Artists, and using it on myself once I got essence 3, to hit essence 4 and become actual god so I could learn some celestial MA.)
>>
>>49298095
I'm just mocking the mass combat rules. Them acting in large numbers doesn't make them much more of a threat than just a few of them.
>>
>>49295743
>>Omega level self molecular manipulation

yes,as many as I want.
>>
>>49298097
Eh, sure.
>>
File: really.jpg (30KB, 250x210px) Image search: [Google]
really.jpg
30KB, 250x210px
>>49298207
>>
>>49298150
>(It is allowed to become something other than mortal in jump, right? I was planning on trying to build a cult in the jump, developing an endowment charm usable on Martial Artists, and using it on myself once I got essence 3, to hit essence 4 and become actual god so I could learn some celestial MA.)
You're gonna need to get some other god to do the Endowment for you.

Giving a mortal dots of essence above 1 raises the essence minimum of the charm by two, meaning you need a god with atleast Essence 5 to grant it.

>>49298170
Fair enough. Mass combat is pretty stupid, yes.
>>
>>49298053
Oh yes. They're scattered around and most have some kind of limitation but they're there. Places like SAO, megaman, gen. Virtual world, god of war, final fantasy blue magic., overlord and Naruto. But these were all jumps I had yet to go to, or wasnt yet able to use effectively.
>>
>>49298230
well it's not like you can have real scars with my ridiculous levels of regeneration,although I have a modest ones on the form I got from lost Valley of dinosaurs, but most of those were incorporated into tattoos so they're not really that visible.
>>
>>49298262
>You're gonna need to get some other god to do the Endowment for you.
>Giving a mortal dots of essence above 1 raises the essence minimum of the charm by two, meaning you need a god with at least Essence 5 to grant it.
Incorrect. The essence minimums are not hard minimums on the gods, but more like flexible guidelines. They are for if a Eclipse wants to learn the charm.

That is how the 'Have the Essence Patterns of a MA God' 800 CP charm lets you use Divine Subordination of [Ability] which normally has a listed essence minimum of 5 if an Eclipse alike wanted to learn it.
>>
>>49298150
> Iron Man MCU w/Asgardian boost
Might be able to do it, but you might wanna to talk to people who better understand the forces the GBE is putting on you.

>Myself as a Martial Arts God?
Sort of, here the thing you still a Mortal. You just have access to what a God of Martial Arts might have, limited to things in your Essence range usually but Divine Martial Arts Subordination, usually requires Essence 5, is so integral to the God of Martial Arts that I'm allowing it to be used anyways even at the lower Essence levels.

>Since dodging was a big part of MA, it is also part of being a MA god.
It is and you can as soon as you have the Essence to do so. See above for my reasoning.

>It is allowed to become something other than mortal in jump, right?
No you are bound to being a Mortal Hero for the entire Gauntlet. I think I've answered that question before.
>>
>>49298340
Yeah basically this.
>>
>>49298340
It's not a hard minimum on the Gods, no. But... it is on God-Blooded?

>Unlike spirits, Eclipses, Moonshadows and /God-Bloods/ treat the minimum Essence of spirit Charms as a rule.
page 141 of Scroll of Glorious Divinity.

>>49298377
Unless this actually makes you a full God anyway?

In which case... Why would you need to ascend to use CMA?
>>
File: tumblr_nzdryynUnm1ut72rbo1_500.jpg (156KB, 500x707px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nzdryynUnm1ut72rbo1_500.jpg
156KB, 500x707px
>>49290525

Jump # 77 Mahou sensei Negima
Background: Mage (100)

Perks:
*Magic *(Free)
*Gift of the thousand Master (400, Discount)
*Gift of the Legendary Hero (800)

Equipment
*Focus (0)

Drawbacks:
*Debt (+200)
*Sleep Walking (+200)

Companion Imports
*Akitsu, Arcueid, Tamamo, Yukari & Wasp

So… at first this seemed like a vacation jump really it was fun hanging around Negi and the girls. My companions did not understand why I was training so hard and pushing them to train so hard.

This was one of those times drawbacks really hurt me because I had to spend a lot of time helping out the Headmaster. I think the head master caught on I was training for something bad that was going to happen. I suppose he figured he wouldn’t get much response if he just asked but I did notice that he started giving me impossible tasks that required me to find new ways to use my powers to succeed at. I guess he was sort of playing a bit of stealth mentor.

Then we made it to Mars or the Magical world… and I used Dread Pirate Roberts on Jack Rakkan. He refused so I challenged him to a dual if I win he would train me if not, I would leave him alone. He was pretty smug and offered me the first hit. I did a version of the Harem no jutusu and he collapsed from a massive nose bleed (as did Negi by the way)

Grudgingly he declared me the winner but told me he would only train me if he got to choose the outfits… I think he got me back and then some with some of what he chose.

I survived Mars it wasn’t easy, we fought armies and things that were absurdly strong. I also learned quite a lot from Jack… when he wasn’t ogling me. I didn’t have nearly his Ki potential but I made do with Magic and learned very fast.

I left the big fights to Negi but I helped, I wasn’t useless. I had some close calls but survived so I call it a victory.
>>
>>49298423
>Scroll of Glorious Divinity.
Derp. That's supposed to be ROLL of Glorious Divinity I.
>>
>>49298348
>No you are bound to being a Mortal Hero for the entire Gauntlet. I think I've answered that question before.
it is fair, being stuck as a mortal in the Mortal Gauntlet, but I do not remember you saying this before. (Attempting Ascension in a later jump is ok, right? Because that would give me something to aim for in the Civ jump. God King indeed)
>>
>>49298456
Your taste in pics is fantastic, Raven. Keep it up.
>>
>Decide to start another chain to try out a different path for jumper.
>Sword and Sorcery first jump
>The sheer agony in trying to build for it and get everything I want.

Guys I am just...so sorry. I had no idea how much I was hurting you all.
>>
File: smugface4697532u.jpg (16KB, 351x329px) Image search: [Google]
smugface4697532u.jpg
16KB, 351x329px
>>49298519
Gee, if only there were some scenarios or something that would give us extra points or options.
>>
>>49298519
FEEL OUR PAIN!

Also, this >>49298536, pretty please?
>>
>>49298519
NOW YOU KNOW HOW IT FEELS!

I feel like every one of you cp vampire jumpmakers should jump your own jumps, just so you can truly understand our pain.
>>
>>49298536
>>49298551
Actually strongly considering bumping the drawback limit up to 800cp and adding another drawback of each tier when I drop the update for scenarios.

Also a mass companion import option has already been added, thought people might like to know.
>>
>>49298423
>It's not a hard minimum on the Gods, no. But... it is on God-Blooded?
You're not really a 'God Blooded' by taking the Perk, you're basically a being who has the Touch of Divinity Charm already done to him and has an affinity for the God of Martial Arts Charms to the point where you basically treat them as if you were the God of Martial Arts. You can get D.S. of Martial Arts at Essence 3 but not D.S. of Dodge. Basically you are infinitely close to being the God of Martial Arts without being the God of Martial Arts.

>Unless this actually makes you a full God anyway?
Nah see above.

>>49298498
>Attempting Ascension in a later jump is ok, right?
Yeah, you'd be able to later, when Fate literally isn't just outright refusing to budge on the point. Building up the cult is going to be a bitch though, but God King in Civ is damn good argument on that point.
>>
>>49298585
I hate jumping my own jumps for exactly this reason.
>>
File: 1468717682462.png (1MB, 950x692px) Image search: [Google]
1468717682462.png
1MB, 950x692px
>>49298585
Why do you think I keep doing it?

It's no fun if I hoard the pain to myself. Sharing is caring.
>>
>>49298536
*Puts on Family Feud Had*
Good Answer, Good Answer!
>>
>>49298592
Touch of Divinity Charm does not actually do anything like that though.

But okay, got it. Mortal except for Charms.
>>
>>49298729
It's basically this taken to extreme levels;
The mortal gains an affinity for whatever divine force empowered her. A mortal empowered by a sacred cavern’s elemental, for instance, is aspected to the element earth. A mortal empowered by a demon would possess a demonic aspect, while a ghost’s use of this Charm would confer a necromantic aspect. This affinity of Essence does not affect how an enlightened mortal learns or practices supernatural martial arts, but it could become important in other circumstances. (For instance, any Exalt would feel justifiable suspicion of any mortal whose Essence carries a demonic taint.) [Pg 18 Scroll of the Monk]
>>
>>49298627
Pain? When I looked at my cp wallet after MCU, that was MURDER that you performed.
Captach, I agree with you this time. Those looked more like murder buildings than homes.
>>
>>49298264
>Places like SAO, megaman, gen. Virtual world, god of war, final fantasy blue magic., overlord and Naruto.
I am guess a lot of these are powers in the setting rather then specific perks?

How do you get Power Copying (or really ANY power outside of perk granted ones) in SAO. I thought that since is was a VR game any skills for learned in the game like magic, or a regeneration skill would just be fake skills that only work in that game.
>>
>>49298794
Just read the jump, maybe.
>>
>>49298776
Oh okay, It's Scroll of the Monk shit. No wonder the Charm in Roll of Glorious Divinity doesn't say anything remotely like that.

Fair enough then, I was looking in the wrong place.

God, I hate that book so much.
>>
>>49298810
>Just read the jump, maybe
You know, I actually did.
But maybe you read it better or something.
Where is what I am saying wrong?
>>
>>49298519
At least you aren't experiencing the pain of having to stop your chain at Worm because of the impending update

No but seriously take your time, it'll be great.
>>
>>49298871
It's like pulling teeth, isn't it?
>>
>>49298874
Yeah, it doesn't have any copying perks. Fast learning perks, sure, but not instant learning just by watching something done.
>>
>>49298883
Sorry anon, between work and everything else motivation and energy is....pretty much at a premium for me. Hopefully I can finish it up soon for you.
>>
>>49298917
It really is.

At this point, I just take people's word for it if they cite something and refuse to read it again.

Atleast White Veil is cool. But it doesn't exist.
>>
File: awoo35995820920258.png (272KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
awoo35995820920258.png
272KB, 900x900px
>>49298883
Make Worm Great Again! Awoo!
>>
>>49298983
Worm has always been great.

In fact, Worm is best waifu.
>>
>>49298960
>motivation and energy is....pretty much at a premium

No, we will not offer our Jumpmakers drugs just to give them energy get our fix quicker. The law requires me to say that would be wrong.

Probably ditto with sending over escorts to help with motivation.

Stupid gov't regulations keep shutting down plan 'hookers and blow for expedited jumps'
>>
>>49298979
>It really is.
I have to constantly bounce between it and Scroll of Heroes. My pain is true.

>At this point, I just take people's word for it if they cite something and refuse to read it again.
Ah if only I were so blessed.

>Dat Spoiler
Too true, never has such an awesome martial art been published so that Mortals would matter because they'd never be able to become the power behind the throne.

Also Build!
Kairos Jump 091:
CP: 1000
Drawbacks:
Good Samaritan [+100]
Wierdo [+100]
Old Wounds [+200]
They're in the Way [+400]
Race: Human [Free]
Background: Royal [Free]
Perks:
Inner Peace [-600]
Cutting Ties [Free]
Regal Teachings [-100]
Might and Magic [-200]
Passing the Torch [-300]
Badass Scars [-50]
King's Blood [-250]
Items:
Garish Clothing [Free]
Ornate Jewelry [Free]
Queen's Bathroom [-100]

Companions [-200]
Yuno Gaisai Half-Caste Sidereal [600]
Perks:
Reassuring [-100]
Rolling Legend [-500]

(___) [600]
Perks:
Reassuring [-100]
Rolling Legend [-500]

(__)'s Symbiote [600]
Perks:
Inner Peace [-600]

Guanlet's Symbiote [600]
Perks:
Inner Peace [-600]
>>
>>49294939
>>49294984
Wouldn't some of these that depend on alt.forms, like Ork or Dragon, have their powers reset every time you change your age?
>>
>>49299054
>Wouldn't some of these that depend on alt.forms, like Ork or Dragon, have their powers reset every time you change your age?
I assumed age passed independently for each Alt-form, so not unless you wanted it to.
>>
>>49299054
That's why you get a perk that allows you to set your age to whatever you want.
>>
>>49296306
Short list of settings with powers that can be granted or taught
>Star Wars: KotOR/Clone Wars/OT (The Force, Cybernetics.)
>Worm (Shard powers.)
>Generator Rex (Nanites.)
>Teen Titans (Mutagens, Cybernetics.)
>X-Men (X-gene Mutations.)
>XCOM (Psionics, Genemods, Cybernetics.)
>Animorphs (Morphing.)
>Killing Bites (Brute Hybrid Surgery)
>F.E.A.R (Psionics.)
>Resident Evil (Virses.)
>Naruto (Chakra.)
>JoJo's Bizaar Adventure (Stands, Vampirism, Hamon, Spin.)
>MCU (Super Soldier Serum, Extremis Formula, Power Armor.)
>RWBY (Aura, Cybernetics.)
>Sims (Vampirism, Lycanthropy, Magic, Human/Plant Hybridization.)
>Full Metal Alchemist (Alchemy, Human/Chimera Hybridization, Homunculi Augmentations.)
>Geneforge (Shaping, Canisters, Magic, The Geneforge.)
>A Certain Scientific Railgun (Esper Abilities.)
>Bloody Roar (Zoanthrope Hybrid surgery.)
>Terra Formers (Mosaic-Organ Hybrid Surgery)
>Bloodborne (Supernatural Blood.)
>Half-Life (Vortessence.)
>Bioshock (Plasmids, Tonics.)
>Bioshock Infinite (Vigors.)
>The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim (Magic, Lycanthropy, Vampirism.)
>Avatar: The Last Airbender (Bending.)
>Franken Fran (Powers via Surgery.)
>Pacific Rim (Kaiju Hybridization Mutagen.)
>DC [DCAU setting] (Power Armor, Mutagens.)
>Hellsing (Vampirism.)
>Van Helsing (Infectious monster forms.)
>Assassin's Creed (Supernatural Blood.)
>Medaka Box (Flask Plan Powers.)
>Iji (Nanites)
>Underworld (Werewolf, Vampire and Immortal Viruses.)
>GUNNM (Nanites, Cybernetics, Mutagens.)
>Deus Ex/Human Revolution (Nanites, Cybernetics.)
>Ghost in the Shell (Cybernetics.)
>Halo (SPARTAN Augmentations.)
>Final Fantasy 6 (Magic.)
>Final Fantasy 8 (Magic.)
>Kim Possible (Nanites, Power Armor, Mutatgens.)
>Marvel (Extremis Nanites, The Techno-Organic Virus, The Venom Symbiote, Iron Man's Armors, Radioactive Spiders, Gamma Radiation.)
>Young Justice (Martian Blood, Mutagens, Reach Scarabs.)
>Ben 10 (The Omnitrix.)
>>
File: Anons no!.gif (2MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
Anons no!.gif
2MB, 500x281px
>>49298983
Awww thanks ano-

>>49299001
>>49299036
>mfw
Anons that is impure!
>>
Has anyone done a build based on a canon character? I kinda want to make a Luigi build.
>>
File: uneducatedyandere.webm (3MB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
uneducatedyandere.webm
3MB, 800x450px
>>49299138
>>mfw
>Anons that is impure!
Nothing is dirtier than purity, Worm. If you want to really be pure, you've got get a little dirty.
>>
File: Legally Voldemort.jpg (41KB, 379x500px) Image search: [Google]
Legally Voldemort.jpg
41KB, 379x500px
>>49299138
I am jealous. I will never be best waifu.
>>
Mine craft question, what perk do you need to buy at a minimum to get the basic installed game, with all official addons? (everything the game base has / you could do in the base game)
>>
File: endcrux.jpg (49KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
endcrux.jpg
49KB, 540x960px
>>49299189
You're just too magical for anyone.
>>
>>49298983
That means keeping it as street level villains doing stuff instead of the crazy escalation we got. Worm was good up until Leviathan, and the Leviathan fight was also good, but the author fell hard in to "and then things got worse" as a substitute for good writing after that.
>>
>>49299042
Sigh going to post my rebuild of my time in the Mortal Hero Gauntlet. Dear lord I had a lot of drawbacks and such, because a lot of the stuff is now free where it was once just discounted and the fact that I dropped a drawback and took up a destiny I had 600 more cp in excess. Nabbed Creation’s Natural Warrior Pattern Engraining Meditations and a Gossamer Import.

Mortal Hero Gauntlet 002:
CP: 0000
Destiny:
Taco Cart x6 [+300]
A Pair of Moonsilver Pantaloons [+100]
But a Stepping Stone [+150]
Fuck me, Sidereal [+150]
The Mortal from Hell [+300]
A Deal Made in Good Faith [+400]
A Simple Soul Illuminated [+600]
Silver Light Scattering [+200]
Thrown down a Flint Canyon [+1000]
Drawbacks:
It's a Keybla... [+0]
A Dragon's World [+100]
From Another Time and Land; Luna What Did You Do!? [+400]
Race: Dragon Touched [-500]
Origin: Savant
Perks:
Gratuitous Skill Kata [Free]
Adamant Virtue Meditation [-50]
Heroic Tale Embodiment [Free]
Secret Power Slumbering [Free]
Sweet-Voiced Beggar’s Petition [-200]
Silver Dragon Coiled Amongst Ivory Teeth [-400]
Dragon Breaking Feather [-400]
The Flow of Essence [Free]
Thaumaturgy, the Mystical Arts [Free]
Grasping the Perfected Lotus [-300]
The Gunzosha's Choice [-400]
Virtue Expressed Through Grace [-400]
Creation’s Natural Warrior Pattern Engraining Meditations [-400]

Storied Treasures:
A Layman's Gear [Free]
Weapon (Gossamer Imported Night Emperor) [-200]
Trivials of Thaumaturgy [-50]
A Scroll of the Silken Scholar [-100]
A Storied Sword [-150]
A Peasant's Raiment [-150]
Graces:
The Ring (Temperance) [Free]
The Ring that Reflects [-200]
Champion's Belt [-200]
>>
>>49299142
>Luigi
So, a story where a companion is the main character instead of the jumper?
>>
File: 1455999010197.gif (2MB, 196x300px) Image search: [Google]
1455999010197.gif
2MB, 196x300px
What is the best jump?
>>
>>49299341
Not him but I'm pretty sure the escalation was planned from the very beginning, considering it was called "Worm" not because of the association with Skitter but it's association with the entities themselves.
I personally have very little problem with its escalation, its a story with superheroes and supervillains who get their powers via extradimensional planetary things doing the work for them, I would have been thoroughly suprised if things didn't magically escalate.
>>
>>49299517
Pokemon. It's a good, solid jump, and it's the one that gave us Jumpchain.
>>
>>49299517
I Married A Skunk Ape. I love that show.
>>
>>49299517
Traveler jump.
>>
>>49299517
That's like asking which variety of disfiguring genital warts is the best.

They all suck.
>>
>>49299594
You would have extensive experience in genital warts.
>>
>>49299517
The original Reborn jump before that nerfbitch came in and ruined everything. It was so excellently balanced that people reading it were known to weep about the amount of thought put into making it. It was truly a jump that cemented a lot of standards for the community and has inspired numerous jumpmakers to make better jumps by its example.
>>
>>49299517
I'd have to say either SCP or Lovecraft
>>
File: Impure Worm.jpg (245KB, 850x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Impure Worm.jpg
245KB, 850x1024px
>>49299138
Worm stop playing us on. We all know that you are the definition of impure. I present evidence A, unsanctioned handholding. Ara ara.
>>
>>49299517
Double jumps aren't bad, but wall jumping is cooler in my opinion.
>>
>>49299517
Worm would be if it didn't have luck-based discounts.
>>
>>49299517
Kamen Rider Neo-Heisei. It's a thing of true beauty.
>>
>>49299517
That one jump you don't like.
>>
>>49299628
I'm not even clear who you're trying to troll, here.
>>
>>49298794
Okay, so power copying.

SAO was a bad example, I was mis-rememberingthe wording on Riding A Bike. But it's still relevant (I'll get to that).

Here's some that I picked up:
Observe, Listen and Learn Dinotopia
Finder's Keepers God of War
Adaptive Body God of War
Copycat technique Ranma 1-2
Skillful Acquisitions Overlord (LN/M/A)
Observation of the ways Kung Fu Panda
The Jealousy of a Copycat Sports
Blue Magic Final Fantasy VIII
Savage Salvage Kantai collection / Kancolle
Conceptual Larceny Ragnarok Online
Data drain Generic Virtual World
GET Ability Mega Man Battle Network
Sorcerer Savant Young Justice

And I know there's a perk in Overlord to copy spells too.
Illithid Savant Prestige class in FR lets you eat skills and powers (but you have to be an illithid). And I think the capstone charm from Hungry Ghost style martial art from Exalted as well (can't copy sidereal martial arts charms, though) There's the shuriken eyes from Naruto. Now in combination with Riding a bike, you could adapt them to a new magic system than chakra. Or if you have some of Sasuke's DNA (as I did at the time I jumped Gen. Horror Movie), you could combine that with geneforge/biotech/resdient evil type perks (which I did not have at the time) to grow shuriken eyes in a tank, and then implant them in yourself.
>>
>>49299708
Just making a bad joke at the expense of the shitposter.
>>
>>49299517
that's pretty subjective. But I Really like lost Valley of the dinosaurs.
>>
>>49299407
Something like that. It'd be more so building it as if Luigi were the Jumper.
>>
>>49299675
All air jumps are good jumps. Chaining them lets you fly,
Also good jump is goomba stomp tremor causing jump.
>>
>>49299875
I like jumps dat shaka da tittays
>>
File: DS.jpg (38KB, 928x424px) Image search: [Google]
DS.jpg
38KB, 928x424px
To the jumpers that took Syndicate/Agency in Earth's Mightiest Heroes, how did you design your organization?

I built mine around the idea of Council Spectres, maintain stability by any means necessary. Certainly makes jumps easier having a couple hundred commandos already in place to take care of obstacles.

+.01 CP for pic of HQ or personnel
>>
>>49300497
Mine were a sort of anti-mad science police. Dedicated to keeping out of control hypertech from causing damage to society. They weren't about stability so much as they were safe integration. Like, after defeating the mad scientist they wouldn't lock his tech away forever, they'd analyze it, study it, and try to bring it to good use. They even have a rehabilitation program so that mad scientists can learn to channel their impulses in ways that still let them show humanity the greatness of their genius, without accidentally causing apocalypses when the nanoplague mutates and starts killing people instead of repairing their genetic defects. This is why you have quality control before letting it out into the wild, Noah! A 35% chance it WON'T mutate and start killing people is too low.
>>
>>49299517
I like Fallout, mainly for the nerf. Unpopular opinion but i like it. Also, LoT because of the plot, power, and it was my intro to 40k. I didn't break the deadlight

Iji and Hellsing are also some favorites. Iji because of the drawbacks and Hellsing because of the setting. I would say 40k Imperium and Warframe, but the lack of notes and CP vampirism respectively kills it for me. not that that's a bad thing
>>
>>49300497
Basically a knightly order dedicated capturing advanced and dangerous tech and unfucking the weird shit that always popped up, for a price.

organization was based off astartes organizational rules with the first company being my right hand.
>>
In the Custom Robo Arena jump, would the ability to unlock the Robo's safety feature that prevents it from activating outside a holoseum belong to the scientist tree, or to the drop in tree?
>>
>>49300762
Without knowing what the drop-in tree is based around, I'd say Scientist.

I'd think that sounds like the kind of thing you should be able to do freely post-jump, however.
>>
>>49300800
The drop in tree is loosely based on superpowers - or as close to them as the setting gets. For example, shapeshifting and legitimate technopathy.

The scientists tree would be mostly knowledge based - the 600 would probably be the ability to upscale/downscale your tech, like turning a Robo into a gundam and vise versa.
>>
>>49300884
>turning a Robo into a gundam

Does that include Illegal parts? because the Wyrm Gun is basically a Homing version of the scarab gun which is like the third-best gun in jumpchain,even I can tell that would be OP
>>
>>49300952
Scarab gun? What's that from?
>>
File: mfw evil.gif (3MB, 480x468px) Image search: [Google]
mfw evil.gif
3MB, 480x468px
Some houses in my area have been broken into lately so I looked up state defense laws.

>mfw when read use of deadly force allowed in any degree of robbery.
>>
>>49300952
The scarab gun? As in the thing from Halo? We've got a lot better vehicle-mounted weapons than that.
>>
>>49301014
>>49301021
Halo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUc9S-ldLYk
>>
>>49300497
Well since the Going Rogue jump was fixed I just synergized it with Operations Director, Empire of Shadows and Godfather. Basically mercenaries and crooks with more training than they should reasonably possess.
>>
>>49301020
Same down here. It's the best. Not like in those shitty places where someone can come in, threaten your life, and you'll still get charged for murder because of some stupid bullshit.
>>
>>49301020
And this involves /jc/ how?
>>
>>49301035
Yeah, okay, that's what I thought. I don't know why bancho thinks that's super OP when it comes to Gundam weapons. I can think of a half dozen weapons off the top of my head that are stronger.
>>
>>49301066
I suppose the fact that it's not only man-portable, but actually pretty compact helps
>>
>>49301051
Just in case you don't hear from me in a while :)
>>
File: meanwhile in usa.jpg (127KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
meanwhile in usa.jpg
127KB, 800x600px
>>49301020
Alaska really is the best state, fuck Texas. Ood-Le-Uk the Wanderer jump when?
>>
>>49301082
He was talking about Gundam-scale weapons, though. And even on the man-portable scale, we have lots better. The Gravitational Beam Emitter. Gravity Guns from Empire From the Ashes, Gravity Guns from Legacy of the Aldenata, pretty much any weapon with "gravity" in its name, now that I think about it.
>>
>>49301107
Which brings me to ask. Do we have a Half-Life Jump?
>>
>>49301122
It's half done
>>
>>49300952
>>49301035
Yes, I don't see why not. You can have your OP gun, but I'm gonna warn you - Using CR tech outside of its intended usage is liable to get you shot in the soul, and it will hurt.
>>
>>49301122
We do.
>>
>>49301128
>>49301134
Cool, how's the Gravity Gun?
>>
>>49301020
I didn't know you started a blog.
>>
>>49301151
Pretty good. You can pay extra to have it miniaturized, cuts down on the main disadvantage of the thing with its huge bulk. No dark energy overcharge, though, if you want that you'll have to do it yourself.
>>
>>49301166
Very recent, first article is on making a marijuana & vodka tincture, good for aches and pains.
>>
Hey, would Fiendfyre be susceptible to any sort of permanency spell?

Seriously, to hell with pet rocks--I want a pet fire.
>>
>>49301309
Fiendfyre won't die out until it's put out magically or runs out of things to burn.
>>
File: blank3.jpg (30KB, 292x247px) Image search: [Google]
blank3.jpg
30KB, 292x247px
>>49295743
Nah, only emotional ones. No seriously-I tried to shed, reprocess or abandon everything broken about myself a long, long time ago through various means but the trouble with having a perfect memory while being a thoughtform aggregate is some stuff just keeps coming back to haunt you. And the trouble with tying your very will and identity to your everything is-sometimes this is all too literal.

There's a jagged gulf of anti-light in my upper manifolds that represents the regrets I can't let go of, an infinite corridor beneath my material processors that embodies my own despair and what amounts to an inverted Eye of Terror floating around that is my frustration incarnate.

>>49295108
About the GBE-instead of wasting a perfect defense on the stuff, why don't you just acquire Kinetics from City of Heroes, and then either safely disperse 75% of the recoil's energy into nearby surfaces or use it to pummel anyone who gets in close range?

>>49294893
The jump itself has a perk called Stars and Stones, which enables you to alter the fundamental nature of a being within certain limitations. In canon, the Outsiders have used this to subvert Tessa's faction of Denarians (or AT LEAST their hosts, but the extent of Nicodemus' freakout in response to learning about them seems to imply the former) to target their enemies, but there's nothing from stopping you from trying to make them less destructive with it either.

Though you definitely want >>49294934 and >>49295302 as backup, because it's going to take you a while to talk it around to your point of view; based on how the effect it was based on affected Lea and Maeve, it seems to be the slow burn kind of corruption that CAN be consciously to an extent but builds up over time, and works best when you use it to make the victim to something they already wanted to do anyway.
>>
>>49300497
International Texas Rangers. With Iron Man Power Armor.
Basically if there is a place where law and order has broken down and gangs or warlords run rampant, you can request one of them, and they will go there, and that area will be their jurisdiction, usually a 2 km cube.

And because of the problem of you go in, gangs quiet down, you leave and business is back to normal, they will be staying there for their 10,001 days.

They can be called in by a the National Gov't, or a Local Popular Vote, but one deployed are there for the duration, and have authority over local enforcement officers and troops in their territory, and oversight abilities and the ability to enforce international law a certain distance outside of it.

Not paid for by the hosting Gov't at all, and they focus in infrastructure and long term growth outside of combat, so a small govt can see it as a subsidy to hand over some shithole part of the country that is giving them trouble and they don't care about.
>>
>>49301339
So...just keep buying firewood then?

Cool, I'll have my own personal Calcifer.
>>
>>49299517
Sburb is definately the Jump I have the most fun in.
>>
>>49301309
Your petifu a shit.
>>
File: Blank21.jpg (21KB, 300x415px) Image search: [Google]
Blank21.jpg
21KB, 300x415px
>>49301309
Off the top of my head, I recall Elemental Monarch can make pet fire. I guess you could try using it to make Fiendfyre more pet-like and less endless-onslaught-of-all-consuming-flame-like?

It may or may not decrease its' fuel requirements; I seem to remember a bunch of fire people walking around in Ooo without needing to burn everything in their way to stay alive.
>>
>>49301364
You take that back good sir!
>>
>>49301309
Fiendfyre is such an underrated spell. There's nothing better than summoning a giant flaming Balrog that's immune to physical and magical damage and can consume and destroy everything it touches to grow larger and stronger, including most forms of magic.
>>
>>49301396
Yes! There is nothing that cannot be solved with proper use of a spell that summons fire demons (or whatever they actually are).
>>
>>49301423
And if you need to move up a few weight classes, you could use conjoined conjures to combine them with Balefire.
>>
>>49301396
Huh...Think it'll eat the slime stuff in the Rogue Jump? Be a quick and messy way to clean the planet.
>>
>>49301423
It summons fire snakes and dragons.
>>
>>49301309
D&D's Permanency doesn't necessarily work like that. You can't just use it with any spell and those that you can use it with usually take a good amount of extra preparation, components, and XP.

Just FYI.
>>
>>49301459
So use a perk to translate it to a different type of magic. Easy. Done.
>>
>>49301441
>giant firey balrog that eats up anything but itself and literally burns things out of the timeline
>>
>>49299138
question can you choose something like the power armor i.e. a bunch of devices that crudely simulate different categories of superpowers with Tinker-Tech Cache if you go reverse engineering?
>>
>>49301376
Nyet, Comrade. Gravity is being of best petifu, fire be of the lacking stamina.
>>
>>49301453
Eh, close enough. I'd always thought that is was a more varied assortment though? Maybe I'm wrong.

>>49301441
...Alright, I'm not sure which jump that's from but just reading the name makes my both shiver and grin at the implications.
I may have a small problem.

>Captcha, the van has no street signs.
>>
>>49301453
Not really, no. It's a quasi-sapient fire that assumes the form of normal and mythological creatures which multiples and grows larger the more matter and energy it consumes. It's also described as assuming the form of birds and other animals as well.

If you take the perk you can make it become whatever you want it to be, really. It's just a big shapeshifting fire that consumes everything it touches, including magic.
>>
File: image.jpg (338KB, 650x786px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
338KB, 650x786px
>>49301309
Pet fire you say?
>>
>>49301492
...Gravity pet is where?

Also, c'mon, gravity is always dragging me down! I need something with more of a spark to make getting out of bed in the morning worth it.

>>49301509
This is amazing.
>>
>>49301505
It's always described to produce snakes and dragons. Read it again.

And when the fire dies it gives birth to Ash Snakes.
>>
>>49301494
Balefire from the Wheel of Time. Shits so dangerous that several ancient civilizations wiped themselves out.

Heck, even the badguys don't want to use it.

"Since before the Breaking of the World, the use of balefire has been forbidden. The White Tower forbids us even to learn it. In the War of Power, the Forsaken and the Shadowsworn themselves used it only reluctantly."

>>When a target is struck with balefire, its thread in the Pattern is destroyed, in an amount proportional to the power of the balefire strike. This translates to both the target's existence, and actions up to a certain point, being retroactively erased.

The stronger the balefire, the further back in time the object in question will be burned from the Pattern. This can have serious consequences on the Pattern; the use of an extremely powerful blast of balefire to destroy a great number of lives at once has been shown to produce an effect referred to as a "balescream," the sound of the Pattern itself groaning under the strain of rearranging itself around such a large gap. The use of balefire in great amounts, or in areas or situations in which the Pattern is already thin, can cause cracks in the fabric of reality; pitch black cracks will form in objects that appear to extend into complete oblivion. In most cases, these cracks simply turn into the mundane cracks of a damaged object within a few seconds. However, in situations of extreme damage to the Pattern, these cracks can widen and consume the reality around them. All events that could have been said to have "happened" before the destruction of an individual's thread are remembered by any other individual, though the physical reality of the situation is now changed; anyone that was witness or party to the "reversal" of time will still remember all the events that were undone as if they had actually happened even if the effects themselves no longer exist.

Shits dangerous
>>
>>49301524
And by "always" you of course mean "the one time it's shown"
>>
>>49301524
>Ash Snakes
Do they want to be the very best, like no snake ever was?
>>
>>49301396
>Fiendfyre is such an underrated spell
It is only underrated because the Jump is the only being in existence it likes and listens to, and then only if he bought the Fiendfyre Master Perk.

Without the perk, it is different animal entirely, and not one that plays well with others.
>>
>>49301522
You can get gravity pets in Gravity Rush.
>>
>>49301524
You go read it again. It becomes snakes, dragons, eagles, chimaeras, and some other shit.
>>
>>49301509
I don't know if it would make a good one, but I would really like for this comic to be a Jump.
>>
>>49301560
...Holy shit.
Damn, now I have a very good reason to go there.

>"Who's a good little eldritch reality-eating fire? You are! Yes you are!"

>>49301586
Huh. I'm going to have to re-read that jump.
>>
>>49299138
also for Miniaturization and Efficiency I came up with a wedge roughly the size of a Buick that each Section of which contains progressively smaller manufacturing/design equipment and Waldos to man it,is that something that would work for that?
>>
>>49301578
Even then when you absolutely need to destroy fucking everything in a ten mile radius and you're confident you can outrun it it's a pretty solid option.
>>
>>49301606
Mind you its not really fire. Its just so of a beam you pass over something and it ceases to exist.

Its called fire cause you use Wind and Fire energy to make it.
>>
>>49301619
>fucking everything
Unless it's strong or stronger then the walls of Hogwarts you mean? It's nowhere near as impressive as people portray it to be.
>>
>>49301309
>I want a pet fire.
Fun fact, magical fires in Harry Potter spawn magical snakes fromed from the ashes called ashwinders.
Ashwinders life cycle consists of scurrying somewhere hidden to lay incendiary eggs, then dying.
They are still snakes. Buy Parceltongue, make ashwinders with Fiendfyre, and tell them to not lay eggs so they don't die. You now have a durable ashwinder familiar.
>>
>>49296156
>A perk literally to make your scars awesome, where? I'd love that shit.
I...think Implacable from Black Lagoon is what you want here.
>>
>>49301661
Jesus Christ, you're just making it seem better and better.

Anti-reality lasers. God damn.
>>
>>49301681
>Unless it's strong or stronger then the walls of Hogwarts you mean?
If I had to choose between magical stone from Hogwarts, and nonmagical steel or titanium, I would guess the magical stone is stronger.
>>
>>49301681
It destroyed a Horcrux. And in case you haven't read Harry Potter, that's a big deal. So unless you've got a 1,000 year old castle that's been sucking magic out of the planet (at least I'll assume that's how it works and it's not just pulling magic out of nowhere somehow) for all of that time you're unlikely to find anything capable of withstanding it for more than a few seconds.
>>
People keep dick measuring with LoT size.

I want my LoT to be able to transform by manner of extra dimensionally folding itself into more compact form when necessary, being smaller on outside but keeping its insides proper, with ability to unfold back to its full girth
>>
>>49301690
I thought they only lasted for an hour, and just went off to lay eggs in that time frame?
>>
>>49301741
Supernatural lets you do that
>>
In the Custom Robo jump, how should I handle the Robo's themselves?

Im inclined to give you a Ray, same as the protags, and then let you collect them in jump, but I'm also planning on offering some as item capstones. Specifically, the best ones.
>>
>>49301690
They don't die from laying eggs. They lay eggs because they die fast
>>
>>49301731
More that it destroyed one of Voldemort's Horcruxes. The things have no inherent increase in durability, old Tommy boy just reinforced them with every protective spell he knew. So just destroying any Horcrux isn't impressive, but destroying one enchanted by an incredibly paranoid and powerful dark wizard is. Point still to you, I'm just being pedantic.
>>
File: 1442111631866.jpg (136KB, 679x950px) Image search: [Google]
1442111631866.jpg
136KB, 679x950px
>>49301731
>pulling magic out of nowhere
Dunno anon, that souds about right for HP.
>>
>>49301768
nothing wrong with paying CP to give a head start
>>
>>49301726
>>49301731
The same magical stone walls that took Umbridge seconds to blow through? Yeah, amazing.
>>
>>49301709
Shits pretty cash in the book.

Like I think the first or second time the MC uses it, he hits a Doomhound with it. Think big black dog with a bite that inflicts insta-death.

The dog bites his friend and his friend is in the middle of dying, bam! Hits the Doomhound so hard with Balefire that his friends stops dying and the wound goes away cause the dog stopped existing 15 seconds ago.

I think the friend still had a weird pseudo scar or something? Paradox is a bitch.
>>
>>49301799
Hey man, lore being consistent is a failure of book writers
>>
>>49301780
>every spell he knew
Did he? They only seem to have like, one curse at most, only on the ring too, and otherwise just rely on the horcrux spirit itself for protection.
>>
>>49301741
Screw that. You dream too small.
How do I go about turning the LoT into a waifu that can revert to ship form at will?
>>
>>49301780
I'm pretty sure it was said that Horcruxes in general are pretty much impervious to everything that's not Fiendfyre or Basilisk venom.

But I can't be assed to look it up.
>>
>>49301823
Take it to Mortar Head, Kancolle or Transformers I think is the last possible one.

Any of those lets you turn a Vehicle into a Companion. Just take it from there to some other setting and Import them as a person.
>>
>>49301799
Umbridge blew through the internal walls, right? If I remember right Hogwarts' wards are a bubble around the castle itself.
>>
>>49301741
>>49301823
>LoT
Why not do this with the Dahak ship?
>>
>>49301843
The same internal walls that Fiendfyre could not get through yes.
>>
>>49301799
When did Umbridge knock down any walls?

Unless you mean when what's-her-face betrayed the DA, in which case that was movie only.
>>
>>49301855
I think he's talking about the movie, yeah.
>>
>>49301831
Nope. They need to be destroyed "beyond magic's ability to repair", but that's not the same thing as actual durability. More like redundant structural integrity. Mundane methods can deal that damage, in theory.
>>
>>49301846
With what?
>>
>>49301823
Nah, I am okay with just it folding and unfolding extra dimensionally, I got giant waifus already
>>
>>49301991
Yes.
But you can always have MORE giant wiafus.
>>
>>49301954
I just pictured a Jumper doing something silly with the Horicrux.

"Woh! Wait, you destroyed the last two. I want to pop a couple!"

>Chucks one in a black hole
>Tosses one into the sun
>Throw one from orbit to watch it burn up in the atmo
>>
>>49301846
Because LoT has more personality and interesting waifus. Dahak just has SB baggage and power wank.
>>
>>49302006
Ah, so you are That Guy, the wanking one
>>
>>49301978
Dahak. The moon-sized (literally, Earth's moon is actually Dahak in disguise) ship from the Empire From the Ashes series. At its base, Dahak is five times longer than the Light of Terra is with all the size upgrades. And it's a sphere instead of a cylinder, so even bigger than that sounds. At the end of the second book its AI core winds up transferring to a larger ship after its hull is destroyed, about a third again as large in diameter. There's a scenario in the Empire From the Ashes jump that lets you take said larger version of Dahak with you. If you then apply all the size upgrades, it would be slightly smaller than Neptune. Here, have a link to the books. Baen Books is okay with file sharing of the novels they publish, completely legal piracy here: http://baencd.freedoors.org/Books/Empire%20From%20the%20Ashes/index.htm

>>49302006
Hey, Dahak has plenty of personality. More than your dumb overwrought gothic cathedral of a ship, at least.
>>
>>49301954
It all depends on "beyond magical repair" actually means and how it applies, more specifically, why FF and basilisk venom are so special.
Considering the absolute basic "can-be-learned-by-eleven-year-olds" repair charm can fix the Coliseum, it must be an impressive bit of magic.

Either that or it can't be repaired by magic at all, in which case those special methods are overkill when you can just take a Sawsall to it.
>>
>All this talk about LoT and Dahak
Do any Jumpers choose to make their own ships?
What do they look like?
Heavy and blocky like most human scifi stuff, or sleek and smooth like generic space elf shit?

How big are they? You know it's all about size.
>>
>>49302097
I made a floating hotel thing inside a mystcraft world for my companions.

Does that count?
>>
>>49302097
I like to fly around space in a trireme, only fags need a space ship.
>>
>>49302097
I do. I take the Light of Terra and Dahak, but they're used as bases, not ships. My ship is a smooth, vaguely manta ray-shaped thing, about four hundred meters long by seven hundred wide. Needs the space for the mecha hangars. Those things are forty meters tall on average, we need room to work on them.
>>
>>49302097
> make their own ships?
I mean. Technically I CAN.
If that perk from Star Wars is to be believed, I'm even some kind of genius at it
But the Spittle Runner works well enough for me.
I tricked it out a bunch, but it's still recognizably Irken tech.
It's like the anti-LoT.
It is very small.
>>
>>49302134
What's the depth of your ship? I'm guessing about 150 to 200 meters.
>>
File: Orion_pulse_unit.png (42KB, 578x702px) Image search: [Google]
Orion_pulse_unit.png
42KB, 578x702px
>>49302097
I put some of these in the sidecars of my motorcycle, does that count?
>>
>>49302097
Pretty big.

For you.
>>
>>49302097
Probably not, seeing as you have to figure out out to fit them in the Warehouse. I do design ships for my empires though.
Usually a lot of bright colours and solar panels, with the Neathbow used for more important ships.
It tends to be pretty organic looking, mainly because the major building material is usually Reload Polymer from Biomega.
>>
File: blank4.jpg (10KB, 279x212px) Image search: [Google]
blank4.jpg
10KB, 279x212px
>>49301846
Wait, is the Dahak jump finished? I thought it was in WIP.

>>49301741
This guy knows what's up.

Dimensional Device (Undertale), 0-D for Dummies (Megas XLR), the Miniaturisation & Efficiency Shard (Worm) and the Implanted Relic-boosted Pagan Science (Symphogear) are all good places to get started on building components into the thing to shrink down its' effective mass.

Once you really have things set up, you may want to invest in Hardened Cosmosphere and Song Science (Ar Tonelico) or a Netsphere (Blame!) to build in some digitisation/hardlight projection technology for somewhere to shunt unnecessary mass for later. Architect's Eye (Spyro) gives you a knack for eldritch construction in general. If you want to go the biotech route, Metaphysical Biology (Evangelion) and a bunch of other things /might/ let you apply some of the weirder dimensional folding Angels have going on to good effect. And last but not least, the Escafil Device (Animorphs) is well worth a look since it operates by shunting mass and energy into a subdimension. It's primary application is morphing people into animals and back, but with some reverse engineering/tech fusion perks you might be able to build in to the ship, enabling it to shrink and grow larger. You'll definitely want to do something about the time limit mode lock too.
>>
>>49302097
I used Miniaturization & Efficiency to create tiny beach ball-sized Death Stars (with somewhat reduced output; they couldn't bust planets unfortunately but their superlasers could destroy a mountain or three) which were piloted by tiny ant-sized robots controlled by AI.
>>
>>49302153
About that, yeah.
>>
>>49302161
No. Without the huge shock-absorber plates the shi, those are less thrusters and more "atomic-powered plasma cannons".
>>
>>49302199
>Wait, is the Dahak jump finished? I thought it was in WIP.
Pretty sure it's done now.
>>
>>49302097
I shoved the Orbiter, the S.S. Swordfish, the Sunrider Assault Carrier, and a Juraian Treeship in a blender using Sburb Alchemy. The end result? The Orchid. A surprisingly fast and durable flagship that can stealth and zip around the galaxy in a short amount of time, and has Lighthawk Wings in addition to conventional weapons. Gave it some new weapons with the Sajuuk schematics recently.

Honestly, I never liked the LoT much because while 40k ships are cool, literally anything faster or more practical in fiction is better for me. Having the biggest ship never matter as much to me as it would having the ship that worked best for what I needed.
>>
>>49302217
>No. Without the huge shock-absorber plates the shi, those are less thrusters and more "atomic-powered plasma cannons".

oh well, I suppose that's also good.
>>
>>49302253
Yeah. There's a spin-off project from the Orion project called "Casaba Howitzer". It's still all sorts of classified, but what information that is known about it suggests that the nuclear pulse thrusters were adapted into one-shot energy weapons. Basically the fission explosive equivalent of a shaped charge, focuses the majority of the energy released into a narrow jet.
>>
File: blank15.jpg (12KB, 292x165px) Image search: [Google]
blank15.jpg
12KB, 292x165px
>>49302097
At this point? I've got some which are roughly surfboard-sized rectangular black monoliths covered in Tron lines and constructed to be in a state of quantum superposition, so that by coordinating and interlocking with each other they can become larger as necessary. They move by occult manipulation of fundamental forces to render drag and resistance nonexistant, Gem-based spatial folding for near-instantaneous travel or quantum entanglement with another fixed point based on Orbit's Shard to maintain a fixed velocity.

I also have some fist-sized devices that amplifies and condenses my own psychic energy into a ship, which technically can be rather large but have almost no mass. When it needs ablative shields, I just solidify nearby gravity into surfaces.

Also recently I made a ship which has an engine that is an entire herd of Asgardian-Heptagoats on a treadmill. The probes are just chariots towed by yet more eldritch goats.
>>
File: FOR THE ALLIANCE.jpg (663KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
FOR THE ALLIANCE.jpg
663KB, 1920x1080px
To those of you who fought for the Alliance in WCIII or WoW jump - which race were you and why?
>>
>>49302097
I put it through the ACU upgrade for some 400% size boost but that's about it. Atop that I've got the pre-emptive retaliation (LoT) as a base for my not-fucking-massive ship. Holds a couple dozen at best, but is fast as shit and cozy. Not as much firepower as the Light yet though. The heaviest hitting thing it's got as of now is a one- shot Exterminatus, and it's got to be uninstalled as to not fill 3/4 of the ship.
>>
>>49302289
>Yeah. There's a spin-off project from the Orion project called "Casaba Howitzer". It's still all sorts of classified, but what information that is known about it suggests that the nuclear pulse thrusters were adapted into one-shot energy weapons. Basically the fission explosive equivalent of a shaped charge, focuses the majority of the energy released into a narrow jet.

would smaller plates of comics Adamantium enchanted with heat resistance via D&D magic work? because I would have those at that point.
>>
>>49302317
Draenei.

Because I asked the thread and they said I should be a space goat.
>>
>>49302317
>Would not Fug
>Fugable but has terrible taste
>Crazy as fuck
>Literally who
>Gnome
>Furry
>>
>>49302435
>doesn't even refer to Gelbin with a derogatory internet term, just uses "Gnome" itself as an insult

WoW, do people really hate Gnomes that much?
>>
>>49302317
Draenei.

Because humans are boring, dwarves look the same, gnomes are midgets, worgens shed everywhere and smell when wet, and night elves need to trim their eyebrows and their ears get caught on everything.
>>
>>49302461
Five curses and spite live in each gnome, this truth can't be ignored.
>>
>>49302342
For containing the blast into a Casaba Howitzer or absorbing the force for propulsion? If the first, yes. If the second, it's not just durability you need to worry about. Adamantium would help it absorb the force without damaging the systems, but you'd still need the shock absorbers to transfer it to the rest of the ship. Otherwise you might as well just hit the thing with a bomb the normal way. You also, ideally, should have a coating of some low-mass/high-volume material on the bomb, create more plasma that way to make it easier to absorb the energy. If I recall right, Orion solved that by shooting the bombs out the back together with a disc of plastic to focus the bomb on.
>>
>>49286712
And now for a perk from the drop in tree, and a perk that only might be part of it.

100 - Outside The Arena
99% of all Robo battles take place inside a Holloseum, but there are always exceptions to this rule. And of course, these exceptions are usually illegal in nature, but that’s neither here nor there. You posses a limited knowledge of the workings of the Custom Robo, just barely enough to modify the safety precautions on the Robo, and allow it to fight outside a Holloseum.

400 - Ranged Hacking
During a secret experiment to produce ‘the best commander possible’ - run by the government, naturally - a woman named Vanessa Gregar was granted the closest thing to a superpower the this world has ever seen. Her ability allowed her to use her Robo at range, and extreme range at that. While a normal commander has to be within 10 feet or so, she could connect to her Robo from effectively anywhere. Your natural range is boosted from 10 to 1000, and you can piggyback through the internet to control your Robo. Sadly, you lack her ability to interrupt normal operations and ‘steal’ a Robo.

Outside The Arena is the one that might end up a scientist perk. Though, keep in mind, it was based on a highschooler.

In addition to those two, the 600 is a shapeshifting perk, and the 400 is undecided. Ideas for the 400, or what to replace the 100 with if Outside ends up as the scientist perk?
>>
>>49302461
I don't hate gnomes, gnomes just don't have a reason to exist in WoW.
>>
>>49302542
Agreed
>>
File: I did.gif (883KB, 500x269px) Image search: [Google]
I did.gif
883KB, 500x269px
>>49302491
>>
>>49302542
Perhaps the same could be said of all races.
>>
>>49302513
>For containing the blast into a Casaba Howitzer or absorbing the force for propulsion? If the first, yes. If the second, it's not just durability you need to worry about. Adamantium would help it absorb the force without damaging the systems, but you'd still need the shock absorbers to transfer it to the rest of the ship. Otherwise you might as well just hit the thing with a bomb the normal way. You also, ideally, should have a coating of some low-mass/high-volume material on the bomb, create more plasma that way to make it easier to absorb the energy. If I recall right, Orion solved that by shooting the bombs out the back together with a disc of plastic to focus the bomb on.

let's break this down
1. Good that was my plan
2. I think the sufficiently advanced shock absorbers I can make with chosen of death should be able to do that.
3. That isn't quite what I'm going for.
4.any other way to do that any other way to do that? Bear in mind I'm probably going to be starting my launch in atmosphere since it's a motorcycle .
>>
Anyone know of some jumps where you can pick up a noble title and have it carry over into future jumps? Things like the Noble perk in Oblivion.
>>
>>49302585
Faction Heir in Total War, for one.
>>
>>49302595
Isn't that an origin?
>>
>>49302661
Wait, right, sorry. Not really sure, then.
>>
Holy shit. So, I was looking through the power list in the Expanded Psionics Handbook, as I was planning on picking a Psionic Class, and there is a power called "Decerebrate," that selectively removes a portion of the target's brain stem, turning the creature into a non-functional but still living vegetable. What the actual fuck?
>>
Was that recent Halo jump not uploaded to the drive or is it just under some weird name?
>>
>>49302694
Welcome to D&D.
>>
>>49302698
Nevermind, was in the folders foldr
>>
File: minimag engine.jpg (44KB, 600x446px) Image search: [Google]
minimag engine.jpg
44KB, 600x446px
>>49302581
Well, there is this one design called a "Mini-Mag" Orion, for "miniaturized magnetic". Instead of using conventional uranium or plutonium explosives, it uses sub-critical spheres of curium. Then it fires these spheres into a shaped magnetic field. The field compresses the spheres, initiates fission, and then (and this is the cool part) catches the particles released by the explosion. No need for any physical shock-absorber, you've got a magnetic funnel. Much smaller engine design. You can get it even smaller if you replace the curium with Lithium-6, an unstable isotope of Lithium, then bombarding it with so-called "ultracold neutrons", a type of stabilized neutron pseudo-atom, thereby cutting out the pinch coils and just leaving the reflector field. This gets you less thrust, but it's still 12.8 kilonewtons at a specific impulse of 12 kiloseconds. That's more than enough for most purposes, including getting a motorcycle into orbit.
>>
Okay, I got curious and downloaded a bunch of stuff off the drive, but... is the entirety of the CYOA entirely confined to choosing your starting stuff? If so, what's the point, exactly? Just to create an interesitng narrative for yourself? If so, I might use it as a creative writing prompt thing. Y'know, sit down a while from now, do a series of these and then type out basic descriptions of what happens there, but beyond that I'm not sure I see the appeal.
>>
>>49302796
Pretty much, yeah.
>>
>>49302814

okay. Kind of tempted, since Pokemon is the(default) start point, to do a series of jumps where I caught Mewtwo in Pokemon and then the rest of the jumps are just training up Mewtwo from Biological perfection until he reaches Cell levels.
>>
>>49302694
Exalted has a charm that permanently lobotomizes everyone within a range of miles.
>>
>>49302694
There's plenty of stuff like that in D&D. Most of it's evil, but you know how things are.
For example this spell from the book of vile darkness
https://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Mindrape_(3.5e_Spell)
Real campaign solver this one.
>>
>>49302837
That sounds like fun times. You should go for it. And post some of your writings here if you do.
>>
>>49302837
Then you can have him fight Cell.
>>
>>49302840
Hey, hey, they're still perfectly functional. They just no longer have any true free will and are essentially very complex automatons. Ones that are really good at pretending to be people, though. At least, you know, at a distance. Up close it gets more obvious.
>>
>>49302851

shhh that totally wasn't exactly the plan shhh
>>
>>49302837

actually now that I think about it, if I'm going this route I might as well go Pokemon Mystery Dungeon and pay whatever absurd point cost there is to just BE Mewtwo.
>>
>>49302884
Sorry but legendaries aren't actually available to be in Mystery Dungeon.
You'd need to grab return in the warehouse and some form of copy shapeshifting to actually be the Mewtwo. Maybe Animorphs since if you stay Mewtwo too long that's your new base form.
>>
>>49302790
>12.8 kilonewtons

I'm not physics guy IRL but 1.4 the Force of a Average baseball being hit doesn't sound like it will get me into orbit, especially considering my motorcycle is in fact a rollerhogg and therefore much heavier than a standard motorcycle.
>>
>>49302905

well that's boring. What's the point of something like this, that's essentially just freeform storytelling, if you limit out interesting options?
>>
>>49302943
Because reasons. Also because working around restrictions like that is where a lot of the fun comes from.
Cobbling together what you want out of several jumps to get something more than the sum of it's parts.

There's also the part where those jumps are from the very beginning when the rules were different and powerlevels above street level were a very big deal.
>>
>>49302943
>I'm not physics guy IRL but 1.4 the Force of a Average baseball being hit doesn't sound like it will get me into orbit, especially considering my motorcycle is in fact a rollerhogg and therefore much heavier than a standard motorcycle.

it helps make things more sporting,and bear in mind you can go to Animorphs get morphing for a companion who happens to be a Pokémon,then return and have them become Mewtwo, it's all about the combos.
>>
File: BATMAN_LIEK_CHOCOLATE_MILK2.png (39KB, 408x163px) Image search: [Google]
BATMAN_LIEK_CHOCOLATE_MILK2.png
39KB, 408x163px
>>49302859
>>
>>49302970

yeah but like, you could totally do it where, say, being a legendary costs 2* the base stats, rounded to the nearest 100 for legendaries. That means almost every legendary is going to cost more than the base 1000, requiring you to take disadvantages just to be them, meaning you'll be a legendary, sure, but with litterally nothing on you and nothing to help, and stuff weighing you down. You could make this stuff work in an interesting way, but instead they're just outlawed.
>>
>>49302943
What's the point of having anything here if you're just doing freeform story telling anyway? You don't need jumpchain if you want to do that.
>>
>>49302970

Heck, even taking the power levels thing into account, that only hits like 2/3 of legendaries, max, depending on how you define it. Shaymin is just rare, nothing particularly powerful about it, Crecelia's only significant power is the ability to cleanse nightmares, etc. god that's annoying.
>>
>>49302939
It will when it's continuous. Case in point, a full-sized Orion drive only produces 260 kilonewtons of thrust, and it weighs a lot more than (260/12.8) times as much as your motorcycle.
>>
>>49303000
>>49303013
Are you going to whine and shitpost about this for the next 100 posts?
>>
>>49303013

to provide a creative framework to build around. A framework I'm rapidly losing interest in now. I mean, hell, you can be an airbender in Avatar: The Last Airbender, but you can't be a legendary? Shouldn't being an airbender be outlawed just as quickly by that kind of logic?
>>
>>49303000
You could, but that's not how the jump was made.
I've told you the reasons and it's not going to change at this point either because the guy who made the jumps isn't here anymore and they aren't getting updated.

Maybe if the jumps were made now it would be different. In fact I'm sure people would bitch about it if you couldn't be a legendary if pokemon had just been made yesterday. Thing is there was a different mindset back then, but it's what we're stuck with and honestly that's not so bad. Especially when there is a way for you to get what you want anyways with a bit of creativity.
>>
>>49303043
Boo fucking hoo. Mate, no one really cares if you lose interest or not, especially since you've done nothing but whine your whole time here.
>>
File: Super Suit.jpg (17KB, 600x251px) Image search: [Google]
Super Suit.jpg
17KB, 600x251px
ANONS, WHERE IS MAH SUPER SUIT?
>>
>>49302585
there is one in spice and wolf
>>
>>49303043
Legendaries are planet busters. Airbenders are maybe city busters if you take bending genious.
If you don't like it leave. You've been unpleasant the entirety of your stay and I can't say that anyone would miss you.
>>
File: gekko.jpg (53KB, 412x237px) Image search: [Google]
gekko.jpg
53KB, 412x237px
>>49302097
I sperged out over this
Ship aesthetic is based off of Eureka 7s gekkogo. It's neato, fuck you

PS Thunderchild
Length : 350m
Beam : 370m
Depth : 80m

Armament:
-2x Triple linked heavy Ion Cannon (Homeworld)
-2x Antiproton Point Defence Beam Array (Star Trek)
-128x4 Micro Quantum Warhead Anti-Fighter missiles (Star Trek/Macross)
-2x16 MDE Anti-Ship Torpedos (Macross)

Defence :
-Armour:
-- Titanium Alloy(Star Trek)(Neutronium (Star Trek))
-- Ablative plating (Star Trek)
-- Carapace (Starcraft Zerg)
-- Zerg Skeletal Frame (Starcraft Zerg)
-Shields:
-- Void Shields (40k)
-- (Zoltan Sheilds (FTL))

Power Plant:
-Zero Point Module (Stargate)

Propulsion:
-Space Fold Drive FTL (Macross)
-Inertialess Drive (Homeworld)

Sensors: Modified Galaxy Class array (Star Trek)
Computer System:
-Bioneural Network (Star Trek)
-Smart AI Dawn (Halo)

Crew Support:
-Sickbay (One intensive care ward, Laboratory, EMH)
- Worker quarters 8x4 (Total 32)
- Specialist Quarters 2x4 (total 8)
- Senior Quarters/VIP x10
- Executive Quarters x1

Auxiliary Craft:
-10x VF 31 Variable Fighters (Macross)
-2x D79H-TC Dropship (Halo)
-2x LAAV Warthog (Halo)
>>
>>49303023
>>continuous yeah I don't think I could get it continuous, I only have the two neutron bombs because of space and weight limitations, I was kind of using the like Nitro charges until I hit redline.
>>
>>49303063
You put it in the Aperture storage box, remember?
>>
>>49303080
>It's neato, fuck you
Hey, you'll hear no objection from me when it comes to copying the Gekko's design. You're right, that thing is neato. Just please tell me that you've deployed a flying surfboard from it at least once.
>>
>>49303039

Isn't the point of these threads to discuss the damn things? If someone sees something as a flaw, surely that should be able to be discussed- hell, I've even proposed a solution that could provide a more interesting story idea, and the only reason why it's not has been admitted to be outdated.

>>49303073

... no? Since when? Sure, a couple legendaries have really high power, but(excluding the sinnoh ones because holy shit) the most powerful you get are Groudon and Kyogre, which are capable of extinction events, but not capable of destroying the planet.

I guess some pokemon should definitely be off the list forever(Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Arceus, Kyogre, Groudon), but most seem fine. Hell, going by game logic if you picked Slakoth and found a way to get rid of your ability you're more powerful anyways.
>>
>>49303071
Oh sweet, that's exactly the right thing. Thanks man!
>>
>>49303110
It's not a flaw it's a intended design feature. Lurk fucking more kiddo.
In fact archive dive all the way to the beginning and come back once you gone through all of it. Then you can come back.
>>
>>49303110
It's not being changed. No matter how much you argue that won't change. You can either move on or keep crying, your choice.
>>
>>49303057

I made like four posts talking about this stuff, one post where I expressed dissapointment over something I didn't like, then got jumped on and have been defending myself since. Have dipshits like you ever considered- and I know this is a novel thought- people wouldn't continue arguing about things if they didn't get attacked for saying things the group disagreed with?
>>
So, I was thinking about Fate, and what Servant to summon, and I had this funny little idea, and I went 'Nah' and tried to forget about it, but there's this little voice in my ear who keeps saying 'Why not?'.

So, how bad of an idea is it to summon Nero, as Rider in full 'Whore of Babylon' mode, and why am I going to do it anyways?
>>
>>49303138
You're the one whose still arguing for his point instead of just dropping the issue. Stop trying to make a shit storm already.

>>49303141
The Best Idea. All capitals.
>>
>>49303110
If you don't like rules this is not the thread for you, and we've had this same kind of argument before. So lurk moar or piss off.
>>
>>49303141
The Worst Idea. All capitals.
>>
>>49303110
>>49303138
Listen regardless of what you say it's not going to change ever.
There's 2 fucking years of precedence going on here.
If you want to be the legendary we've given you ways to do it. If you don't like it then maybe this game isn't for you.

You aren't even being attacked. This is basic shit. Lurk before you post so you dont' say stupid shit that's been discussed to death hundreds of times already. If anything the thread is being easy on you considering our resident shitposter squad.
>>
>>49303099
>TFW No Eureka 7 jump

Not a flying surfboard, not. But because it looks vaguely aerodynamic I use it for equipment drops and insertions.

I've done the parachute-onto-a-mountain-with-a-snowboard insertion before now, but not a board that flies.

If I wanna fly I have my VF

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvqXCK9tD7o
>>
>>49303141
You should go one step further and summon Caligula as a Berserker.
>>
>>49303170
>Not summoning Caligula as Rider
>For either his horse(the senator) or his sister
>>
>>49303141
Suplex Saint is a cooler Rider but you do you
And Nero will also do you
>>
>>49303147

>you're the one still arguing for his point

Man, this is like... Whooo, wow. Absolutely zero awareness. Incredible.

>>49303160

Jesus christ, 2 fucking years of this shit. How have you people not gotten tired of it? Is it just an endlessly cycling group or what? Like... shit, even ignoring the problem I have with one CYOA thing, I can still see the appeal of this, but I can't imagine that appeal sustaining an interest for two years. What the shit.

Also, attacking people for not having been here for *coughs* two fucking years is a little unreasonable, don't you think?

Anyways, I had a question- the pokemon stuff, is it going on anime or videogame or pokedex/lore logic? Because those three present three very different pictures.
>>
>>49303110
Not him but the problem is there are trolls who legitimitely nitpick at things like this specifically to provoke other people, get a reaction and factionalise the entire thread into arguing for multiple threads over something inane in an attempt to break apart the community once and for all. Because that is the only form of validation they will ever receive in their lives.

As for what you're proposing-you can discuss it all you like, but it has become convention that unless what you're objecting to is something that renders the jump truly unusable or otherwise unabmiguously objectable to the community as a whole that further changes shouldn't be made to jumps accepted onto the drive, because otherwise that would provide an incentive for people to make drastic alterations to jumps because of personal grudges against jumpmakers or personal gratification e.g. inserting some sort of OC overpowered Naruto power from a fanfiction as a buyable choice.

The only exception to this, from what I gather, is Hellblazer-which was snuck onto the drive without thread approval or awareness, and has become a negative example for these conventions. It is a placeholder jump nobody can be bothered to take off the drive for some inane reason. I certainly hope the DC Mystic jump is sufficient grounds to get rid of it.

In your specific example I don't really see an issue but you'd have to ask the guy who made the jump (Quicksilver) to get those changes past and he's kind of antsy about criticism of any sorts because of the sheer vitriol arguments about this sort of thing can create and the fact that jumpchain has become an entirely different experience to what he first envisioned it as.
>>
>>49303200
Probably just the shitposter pretending to be someone new aren't you? Pathetic.
>>
>>49303200
CYOA gen has been going even longer.
>>
So I have an empty spot on my list to roll on for jumps anyone want to toss me one?
>>
File: Caligula Zerker.png (636KB, 798x800px) Image search: [Google]
Caligula Zerker.png
636KB, 798x800px
>>49303170
>>49303185
I'm trying to think of a relevant thing to say but I'm just going to post Caligula Zerker in FGO
>>
>>49303200
It's anime/videogame hybrid.
>>
>>49303210
Girl-Chan
>>
>>49303200
2 years of development, and making new jumps.
This shit doesn't just appear out of thin air. Content gets made here. It's not just endless builds.

As for lore it's a blend with a bit more "real life." The world is an actual world and not just a few regions stapled together, and people are people instead of just NPCs as well. The really dumb pokedex entries can also be safely ignored if you want to.
>>
>>49303235
Alright, will do, added to the list.
>>
>>49303200
Not him but...yeah, welcome to jumpchain. It's kinda like a negaverse version of CYOA gen. The hardest part for new folks getting into this is all the unwritten rules all the regulars keep forgetting people haven't been here for 2 years, or assuming everyone who opposes the unwritten rules is a troll out of pessimism and, well, experience frankly.

>anime or videogame or pokedex/lore

As far as I recall PMD is PMD, there's a separate Pokemon jump set in whichever pokemon setting is like Feudal Japan and the original pokemon jump is going by vidya.

And the pokedex is largely considered untrue because it is written by 12 year olds who are wildly exaggerating the pokemon abilities the way regular children wildly exaggerate their imaginary friends' abilities.
>>
File: 1416293015761.png (230KB, 369x318px) Image search: [Google]
1416293015761.png
230KB, 369x318px
>>49303200
YAAA, A NEW SHITPOSTER.
>>
>>49303200
We have a stable group of regulars, but yeah, lots of people filter in and out. It helps that each Jump is based on a real world property, so there is pretty much always new content to be made. I believe the Pokemon Jump is based on the games, but the world is at the same scope as portrayed in the Anime. Also, keep in mind that Pokemon Trainer was literally the very FIRST Jump ever made, back when it was a project being worked on by one guy, so it's really outdated. I think long ago he expressed interest in updating it, but people Jumped down his throat because him changing it and improving it would basically invalidate everyone's builds, as pretty much everyone has it as the first Jump in their build.
>>
>>49303203

So basically it's all the problems of 4chan rolled up in one insane fucking thread. People whiteknighting for a concept, assholes being assholes because there's no supervision from mommy and daddy, people assuming anyone they don't like is one of the aforementioned assholes... yay.

Yeah, I think I'll be heading out then. Christ this is a toxic fucking thread.

>>49303222

How would you hybridize those though? Like, anime Kyogre is really strong and all, but I don't think it's "block out the sun for weeks on end" strong.

>>49303241

I was thinking about legendaries IE the fucking insane dissonance between Kyogre's powerlevel. The only consistancy is HIGH, but how high is up in the air. Is it an unstoppable tank(that doesn't do much) like the anime? Is it an unstoppable killing machine(that can be defeated by a single ten year old) like the game? is it an ancient world-shaper with unkowable reserves of power, like the lore says? When all three are fucking absurd, how do you resolve that?
>>
>>49303272
Meh, you're just a shitposter. No big loss.
>>
>>49303272
Good riddance. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.
Jesus christ why even use this site with a mindset like that.
>>
>>49303272
>I think I'll be heading out then
Thank you.
>>
File: at least you tried.jpg (247KB, 990x1400px) Image search: [Google]
at least you tried.jpg
247KB, 990x1400px
>>49303272
That's not inaccurate, we're basically a microcosm of the rest of 4chan from sheer variety of shit discussed.

And I don't blame you, it's not for everyone.

Save yourself while you still can.
>>
>>49303272
I find it hard to believe people like you exist.
Does your imagination just not work right? Can you not read and figure shit out for yourself?

Fuck man don't bother coming back. You're doing us a favor by leaving.
>>
>>49303160
Fuck it, since we're on this topic already I might as well ask.

Can I buy a Mythic Pokemon as my starter in Trainer and as myself/my partner in Mystery Dungeon? I remember thread coming to a consensus that Darkrai wasn't Legendary enough for the Hunted drawback (since he's just Mythic) some hundred threads ago, so I'm curious if it goes both ways.

I'm not planning on picking up Arceus. That's a level of wank my body isn't prepared for.
>>
>>49303265

I was actually talking about the mystery dungeon one, but why would that invalidate their builds? Like... guys. Grandfathering is a thing. What's wrong with these people.

>>49303279
>>49303282
>>49303287

honestly considering sticking around just to spite these assholes. Great to see them living up to my oh-so-low expectations of a thread like this, though, just limbo right on under that bar boys.
>>
>>49303305
Hah the plan worked. You're stuck forever now.
>>
>>49303305
There are already more than enough shitposters. Don't waste your energy on these threads.

Or do, and waste hours and hours trolling /tg/.
>>
>>49303301

isn't mythic a subtype of legendary?
>>
>>49303301
I don't think you can use anything that's banned in the battle tower for your builds.
So I'm gonna go with no on that.
>>
File: Nero and ZA BEASTO.jpg (17KB, 352x288px) Image search: [Google]
Nero and ZA BEASTO.jpg
17KB, 352x288px
>>49303141
>and why am I going to do it anyways?
Something something Jumpers
Something something sense of right and wrong
>>
>>49303305
Have fun with that shitposter.
>>
File: STEAMPUG.jpg (71KB, 500x566px) Image search: [Google]
STEAMPUG.jpg
71KB, 500x566px
>>49303305
>>49303297 here, as someone who's been around in jumpchain for years I want to sincerely recommend cutting your losses and bailing.

You're not the first person I've seen stick around out of spite. None of them ever achieved anything meaningful. All of them ended up packing and leaving for good.

I've got nothing against you, but as ironic as it is coming from someone whose topic is the ultimate timewaster, I can't stand to see people do something completely futile and meaningless they don't derive any true enjoyment from.

It's a big internet out there, there's plenty of better things you can do than prove a point against a bunch of spiteful, petty anonymous assholes with a chip on our shoulders.
>>
>>49303325

it's ironic because you guys keep calling me a shitposter in posts where I'm carrying out a conversation with other people in the threads. Like... you're responding to posts of people interacting peaceably with nothing but accusations of shitposting.

It turns out... the shitposter was in you all allong.
>>
>>49303351
Says the shitposter.
>>
>>49303305
Yeah, it's a really toxic environment. We have a lot of hot button topics, and the thread in general is super easy to bait into an argument. I would've bailed out already, but Jumping scratches a particular itch I've got. Every time I leave for a brief period of time, I just end up coming back with a vengeance. If you were still interested in actually Jumping and trying to have fun, I would consider jumping on the IRC and saying hi. Most of the people there are much more civil and helpful, and it's where most of the Jumpmakers hang out, so you might actually get some answers for questions you might have. Just don't be a dick.
>>
>>49303351
>honestly considering sticking around just to spite these assholes. Great to see them living up to my oh-so-low expectations of a thread like this

Yep, I'm totally the shitposter. Keep thinking that.
>>
>>49303365
Dude. Come on. It's painfully obvious he's here to troll. Or did he just happen to mention at least one shit storm causing topic every post on accident?
>>
>>49303351
I find it really funny that you don't get why the thread hates you.
We were downright welcoming when you first got here. It was your fault entirely for bringing this aggression down on yourself. All you had to do was lurk. That was it.
>>
>>49303386
It's more fun for me personally to be optimistic. Thread is dying anyways.
>>
>>49303400
Your funeral.
>>
>>49303346

Honestly there are things here that interest me, I'm mostly just feeling like I have to avoid planning anything unless I've read the actual CYOA because it's not designed with mutability in mind, but with a set of rules, and I can appreciate that, even if some of them feel... well, incredibly arbitrary.

It definitely seems good as an engine for creative writing. Tempted to get a trip just for these threads so if I keep posting later these assholes see it and get mad over nothing.

>>49303386

>lurk more
>he's doing it on purpose

you guys really, really need to figure out what you hate. It's brilliant on my end, though.

>>49303396

>thread devoted to a game
>reading the game says to ask questions if you have them
>expect every new person to wait seven days to have "lurked enough"

you're an idiot.
>>
>>49303418
You're questions were answered. You just didn't like the answers.
That's your problem not ours.
>>
>>49303407
Hey man, I'm doing fine.
>>
>>49303400

thread's been "dying" since I got here. It's weird how much slower /tg/ moves since the quests got removed.
>>
>>49303418
Still shitposting huh? tsk tsk.
>>
>>49303407
>>49303442

Yeah, of the two, he seems to be enjoying talking to people where as you're sitting here being angry.
>>
>>49303462
>Angry
I think you're severely overstating how emotionally invested I am in this.
>>
>>49303418
>I'm mostly just feeling like I have to avoid planning anything unless I've read the actual CYOA because it's not designed with mutability in mind, but with a set of rules, and I can appreciate that, even if some of them feel... well, incredibly arbitrary.

Yeah, that's about the size of it. I think plenty of folks, like myself, just go with as much creativity as we can within those guidelines, and >>49303365 is very correct-with the caveat that the IRC's perceived isolation from the thread is itself a hot topic button to certain parts of the community. But yeah, as a general rule creative writing is one of the few things unambiguously liked or at least tolerated here. I've noticed people are usually fine with you exploring the why or how of things, as long as you don't tamper with what they effectively do within the confines of the stated limits. And to make a long story short, that's how I ended up accidentally having a kid with an ex several jumps after the deed was done in a manner even though we both shouldn't have been capable of reproduction, but that's another story.

I would strongly advise against getting a trip, if only because if you piss people off enough to start reporting you it will make it easier for the janitors to single you out. Also, trips are another hot button so. Yeah.
>>
>>49303490
*trips are another hot button unless you make jumps, in which case they're considered justified for ease of identification and fielding questions
>>
>>49303418
I don't know why you want a reputation as someone to not take seriously.
It's your choice if you want, but singling yourself out as "the retard who just doesn't get it" seems like a really bad idea.
>>
>>49303507
His syntax is better than tera's, so I think he will do just fine for himself.
>>
>>49303522
Some of the time. I honestly thought this was Tera trying to screw with people with some of those posts.

Then I remembered that was probably too smart for Tera to try.
>>
>>49302199
>Wait, is the Dahak jump finished?
>>49302221
>Pretty sure it's done now.
The fact is only has +300 CP drawbacks makes me think it is still being worked on.

But it is jumpable as is.
>>
File: free time.png (131KB, 540x300px) Image search: [Google]
free time.png
131KB, 540x300px
>>49303490

And? Man, it's 4chan, if I get banned I don't give a shit. Ignoring how few seconds it would take to get around, I can live without 4chan.

Also, trips: a hot topic on 4chan! Who knew!

>>49303507

because you're still here, bitching, and I find that fucking hillarious man.
>>
>>49303527

Okay, I gotta bite- who is Terra, and what do they do?

Also, why do they go by Terra, because I feel like that'll inform me. Is it just a name, is it because of Teen titans, is it because it's a name for earth... ? Did they just never say?
>>
>>49303540
man I don't know why people Keep trolling us,it's not like there's sport in it
>>
>>49303540
Alright, good to know you at least know what's up and what the consequences are likely going to be. In all seriousness I would strongly recommend lurking more. This place has taken on a lot more baggage than back when it was more open-ended when I joined in the early 100s.

Have fun or die trying, I suppose! It's worked for me so far.
>>
>>49303562

it's not trolling if you work yourselves up over nothing and just being here makes you angry. Like you said- there's no sport. If I was putting any effort into making people this angry, it wouldn't be as funny.
>>
>>49303527
1.stop calling me that
2. I never screwed with people intentionally I'm just really really bad at this stuff
>>
>>49303577

... so this is Terra?
>>
>>49303540
Hot Topic might be pushing it, given that Alice/Alex "Can't keep a consistent name" Winters/English has at most provided a few perks in a few Jumps and nobody actually cares.
>>
>>49303583
not anymore.
>>
>>49303583
Yes.

His trip used to be teratophiliaOP.
>>
>>49303598

the problem with trips isn't the trips themselves, it's that you get to be one of the few people on 4chan with a record, and anyone who hates you for a previous slight and wants to avoid looking like they're still butthurt over it can attack you for having trips risk free.

Atleast, that's always been my read on the cesspool we call a culture.
>>
>>49303561
Tera is Bancho-anon, seen here in >>49303562.

His original name was teratophilia-OP and he was a regular on the /d/ threads. He was infamous back in the day for trying to insert his fetish (look it up if you dare) in these threads, being unable to tell the difference between actual people and thei fictional Jumper personas, having a massive inferiority complex for certain individuals that manifested as spiteful, obsessive oneupmanship, getting into massive arguments over morality due to being unable to understand that authority as a concept is not inhernetly negative, claiming he would go away forever to another site only to come back under the name ManlyManon but be given away by his abyssal syntax (which I understand is because he requires voice recognition software to type) and generally being an awful waste of space.

He also has the ignominy of not only being the only individual to attempt to flaunt the no-multiplayer rule by attempting to roleplay threatening to kill another Jumper.
>>
>>49303583
One r. He changed his name because he assumed that people would forget that his last one was a word for "The paraphilia characterised by sexual attraction to deformed or monstrous people."
>>
>>49303639
Don't be so mean to bancho. He got betterish.
>>
>>49303639

one-upmanship.

Say no more.
>>
>>49303583
Yes.

Oh, and I forgot to mention: Fortunately after hundeds of threads of being explained/yelled at, he finally seems to have gotten the message that his views will never be widely accepted here and has as a consequence become a lot more civil-although he still has trouble telling people apart from their jumper personas, or understanding that not every poster is the same person.

To be fair, the latter seems to be a common mistake.

>>49303577
You demanded apologies from people in thread over petty insults. Oh, and you also almost got people from another thread to invade here by roleplaying you Jumper in the /tg/ parliament and pissing all of them off as well as someone roleplaying their OP mary sue in another community would go.
>>
>>49303657
Not that Anon, but I could forgive him if he found some way to patch up his goddamn Syntax. Reading through it is a very awful experience.
>>
>>49303683
He can't though. It's speech to text because he can't type.
>>
>>49303676
>You demanded apologies from people in thread over petty insults. Oh, and you also almost got people from another thread to invade here by roleplaying you Jumper in the /tg/ parliament and pissing all of them off as well as someone roleplaying their OP mary sue in another community would go.

none of which is screwing with people
>>
>>49303697
Exactly. Hence, "IF he found a way,"
>>
>>49303657
You may be right, I wouldn't rightly know. I filtered him permanently a long time ago ever since he had the gall to blame JoJoanon for being chewed out for his Stand powergaming.

I have never regretted it.
>>
>>49303655

... that sounds pretty tame for /d/, honestly. Identifying yourself by it is obviously a mistake, but...

>>49303676

unless evidence shows otherwise, I always assume multiple replies are from multiple people.
Either I'm holding a conversation with multiple people, which is good, my story/content has entertained multiple people, which is good, or I've pissed off multiple people by accident and they refuse to shut up, which is hilarious.

Though they do seem to have disappeared now...
>>
>>49303711
You and I have different definitions of screwing with people, then.

At least you aren't pretending your flaunting of the no-multiplayer rule and your one-upmanship never happened.

>>49303719
Eh, I briefly visited /d/ and I'd say it stands out pretty well even for there.
>>
>>49303676
He also was the one who ended up driving away Jojo, leading to the Stand Supplement Meme and the Jump being incomplete, or at least missing a major update, forever. He also assumes any image with flashing colours is an attack on him.
>>
>>49303718

See, I don't get people like you. Why go to 4chan if you don't want to see idiots being idiots? It's like going to the zoo and shielding your eyes walking past the tiger pit- it's the main attraction, man! Atleast take a peek!
>>
>>49303719
Could you please stop trying to antagonise this place further? The rest of us also need to deal with any fuss you kick up to amuse yourself, so please just ignore them and don't refer to them.
>>
>>49303739

wait- are we talking just nonhuman in general, or are we talking the dude from Goonies here? Would their porn look out of place in an 80s action movie post-toxic sludge if you put clothes on it?
>>
>>49303786
Goonies level. Shit man, he'd probably get off to John Carpenter's The Thing.
>>
>>49303786
Look for this post number in 4plebs. 41448812
That is his waifu.
>>
>>49303719
The reason people stopped taking issue with you is because you stopped trying to overturn 2 years of thread concensus.
Honestly you'll do fine here if you stop poking the beehive.
>>
File: Cool story.gif (448KB, 500x256px) Image search: [Google]
Cool story.gif
448KB, 500x256px
>>49303807
Angry at troll, troll shifts attention to someone else, people start bashing new target, good story.

Can we move along now?
>>
>>49303842
Not waifu material, but qt in a fallout kind of way.
>>
>>49303850

I still dislike it, but it's pretty clear this isn't a thread where you discuss the actual "system", it's for discussing what you're doing and asking questions(sometimes). I can deal with that, people sperging over change is basically 4chan standard.
>>
>>49303856
I forgot, when did I start talking to you? Oh yes, I didn't. Piss the fuck off would you?
>>
>>49303752
That is an excellent question and I will answer it by extending the analogy: When you go to the zoo there are star attractons, right? There's the lions, the albino gorilla, the elephants who can paint, maybe a beluga whale if the zoo doubles as an aquairum.

And on the other hand, there's an escaped rabid monkey infested with bot fliy larvae who throws his own shit at anyone who comes near. Who's so disgusting he's not even funny to look at because of the risk of getting shit on you.

That's Tera/Bancho.
>>
>>49303856

... I think you're confused about who is who, mate.
>>
>>49303947

Yeah, I guess some people would get tired of the star attraction eventually.
>>
>>49303976
We ARE at thread 1080.
>>
>>49303976
And that's fair eniugh, to each their own. I'm just the kind of guy who doesn't like to be metaphorically covered in shit, y'know?
>>
>>49303953
Meh, targeted at conversation in general

>>49303937
Nah, I'm good
>>
>>49303929
Thing is there isn't really a system beyond jump structure.
There's not much besides the core rules and even those aren't accurate to how things work nowadays. You won't see anyone use diminishing returns for example.
It's mostly approximations and self judgement for how different settings would interact with each other.
Sure you can do things like rolling for success for difficult things, but you don't have to.
Expect people to roll their eyes if you pull bullshit like just dealling with fighting Thantos on jump 5 though.

If you're not sure how something would work. Go ahead and ask. Just be prepared to not be happy with the answer. and then promply ignore it since jumpchain is singleplayer and it doesn't matter if you fudge rules in your head.
>>
>>49304066

So, question- is there a standard for what kind of jumps you should start on? Like, pokemon is the prototypical one because it leaves you, personally, low power, right? So presumably starting out on something high power- like a DC jump, for example- would be bad? Right?

Also, I feel like the easiest way to "win" is to just invest in the power to fly through space. Well, assuming that the rules for people dying apply normally in DBZ. Considering how cheap death is there(remember, the rabbit on the moon is still alive despite the moon being blown up twice), if it takes into account resurrection even a little bit then winning is probably pre-ordained, unless you try to be evil.
>>
>>49304153
Lost Valley of the Dinosaurs: Offers a Variety of Skills, has a bonus for no powers as well as 600 free CP.
Generic Video Game Developer/ Medical Drama/ Investigation/ Musician / Youtube: Get some life skills, good for making money.
Princess Bride: Low Danger, A Lot of Good Perks.
Fallout: Good survival skills, automatically nerfs you to protag levels anyway.
Courage the Cowardly Dog: Offers invisibility.
>>
>>49304153
No that's not really how it goes. You can start in say Overlord just fine and nobody cares.
High power, or low power is fine. Personally I like scaling up but going to mundane settings after amassing lots of personal power can be fun as well.
Just do it how you like.

There's not really any winning besides finishing playing. Sure you get your spark, but now you're done jumping which was the fun thing you were doing in your spare time.

DBZ as an endjump isn't even that tough. If you go to enough jumps you can roll over the setting without trying. Thing is it specifically states you don't get to be rezzed.
In fact that's one of the few things you can't do in jumpchain.
Death is death unless you've got some kind of 1-up perk/item.
You can't just set up permanent auto-life stuff.
>>
>>49304153
Start wherever. In fact some people are mad enough to do Light of Terra first.
Pokemon is probably best since you can only do it first and you don't want to miss out, but you don't really have to.
>>
>>49304221
>Pokemon is probably best since you can only do it first

There's no reason to actually follow this rule anymore. It's totally pointless.
>>
>>49304153
Pokemon is often first because it was also the actual first ever jump. It's also supposed to only be available if it's your first jump, but doing it later anyway is "Don't shove it into people's faces that you ate a bunch of legendaries and became God and no one will care" territory.

Going low power to high power isn't a rule. It's just a tendency, since that tends to maximize the amount of potential for actually doing something interesting (ie less situations where you're too weak to do what you want in any given setting or can't justify doing anything other than rolling the entire setting over).
>>
>>49304236
Yes, but that doesn't mean the thread won't still care.
Silently or not so silently judging.
Of course there's also the part where that rule makes pokemon is the best return bait there is.
>>
>>49304257
With the existence of the shitposter, it's kind of hard to tell if the thread is what's doing the judging, or one person, unless there are several replies a minute.
>>
>>49304245

I guess going OPM by going from Gurren Lagen or something directly into a police procedural has its advantages. Also, now I want a police procedural where superman is just the best detective ever.
>>
>>49304257
I am so far past even considering the possibility of talking about my chain in the thread that I forgot it was even an option.

I suppose if you're the type who actually does that, though, it's worth considering.
>>
File: 1417052711336.jpg (174KB, 574x584px) Image search: [Google]
1417052711336.jpg
174KB, 574x584px
>Sense Perks
>Gourmet Cells
>WWE Jump
>TFW you can finally smell what The Rock is cooking
>>
Jump #24: Minecraft

Drawbacks: Wither (2000)

Name: Diamond Paige
Origin: Builder (1950)

-Perks-
Crafting Table (Free)
Not Enough Items, Recipe Mode (1850)
Not Enough Items, Cheat Mode (1350)
Equivalent Exchange (750)
Mystcraft (150)

-Items-
Compact Solar Array (0)

>Hey Boss?
Uugh, Why are you waking me up at 2 in the morning? It better be important.
>That Wither thing is back, and its making way through the force-field.
>Damnit. Get Caim to deal with it.
>He's busy killing Skeletons in the caverns below base.
What about Inferno, or B-Heart?
>Collecting wood from the forest.
Ok, fuck it, let's see how that thing likes having a robot army stomp it's faces in.
>>
>>49304311

"the" shitposter.

underestimating, 4chan, huh? Not usually a good move to open with.
>>
>>49304327
Terrible grammar, an even worse move to open up with.
>>
>>49304323
*Damnit. Get Caim to deal with it.

Damnit. Fucked the formatting up.
>>
>>49304236
Like the other anon said, you're free to do whatever you want. It's not like anyone here can stop you from taking DBZ first and Pokemon last, or anything in between.

But if you post about going against tradition here, you only have yourself to blame when some people start REEEEEEing at you.
You'd have to be a fool to expect anything less.

Personally I don't care in the slightest what you do; it means nothing to me.
But others will, and they will let you know in the worst way if you do it wrong.
>>
File: all clowns are the minotaur.jpg (247KB, 610x858px) Image search: [Google]
all clowns are the minotaur.jpg
247KB, 610x858px
Should I do a clown-chain, /jc/?
>>
>>49304418
Yes. The power of clowns is unlimited.
>>
>>49304418
Go to iji early. Get clown drawback. Never get rid of it.
>>
File: image.jpg (32KB, 425x289px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32KB, 425x289px
>>49304418
>this is still being reposted almost years after I first posted it in the IRC while trying to understand Soul Eater

what is this madness I have unleashed
>>
>>49304479
Hey, you're not the only person who's read Seanbaby's stuff.
>>
File: cartagra-the-suffering-of-soul2.jpg (68KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
cartagra-the-suffering-of-soul2.jpg
68KB, 800x600px
>>49298456
Jump # 78 Suffering… err I mean Girl-chan In paradise (aka hell)
Background: Drop in
Starting location: School

Perks (as if there were any for taking this jump)
*Fightan’ (0)
*Shut Up (0)
*Nobody Else is Shocked (100, Discount)
*Botched abortion (200, Discount)
*Rhythm of the streets (400)
*Ultimate Pencil Technique (300)

Equipment
*Sack full of Quarters (0)
*Giant Pencil(0)

Okay I am not sure what I did to piss Jumpchan off so badly but I am sorry. I am truly sorry. So… this place was horrible. It was like the world ran on stupidity. I tried to tolerate it; I gave it a good effort but it was just too much, 3 weeks in I knew something had to give either the world or me. I am a jumper so it was going to be the world that gave first.

I put intelligence enhancing drugs in all the local water supply (side effects be damned) I used my Genre bending ability from NGE to move it from stupid Shonen anime parody to shonen anime so people were a bit more serious and there was a bit more continuity.

I managed to use Lord of light tech to turn Girl chan in to a human looking character instead of whatever she was. Everyone thought I had kidnapped her but she actually looked and acted like a normal person after words instead of a piece of scenery afterwards. She even thanked me… apparently being misshapen as she was had been terribly uncomfortable and looking somewhat human actually improved her appearance.

Just to throw things in to chaos I told her the way to Yusuke’s heart was through combat and started teaching her some moves of the school of the undefeated of the east. It was funny watching her trounce Yusuke. Though Yusuke was the equivalent of the glass joe of the setting so it wasn’t that big and accomplishment.

He threw a fit and ran away. I went talked to him and since I felt a little bad about it actually trained him a bit too.

By the end of my time there the world was tolerable. Most things actually made sense… kind of.
>>
How good are the Replica Cloning Tanks from FEAR?
>>
File: stealthcruiser.jpg (154KB, 1000x731px) Image search: [Google]
stealthcruiser.jpg
154KB, 1000x731px
What are some cool space ships that look like water navy ships?

You know, aside from the Yamato line up
>>
File: blank16.png (313KB, 536x534px) Image search: [Google]
blank16.png
313KB, 536x534px
>>49304528
Oh.

That's a relief.

How did Cracked become so shit? I miss when Seanbaby and Brockway posted columns all the time instead of all the rather blatent agenda-pandering that happens these days. At least there's still some cool science/history articles now and then

>>49304584
Well, based on the game-good enough to produce a unit of loyal psychic commandos, not good enough by itself to prevent said commandos from being kind of insane.
>>
>>49304599
Just get a spelljammer.

>>49304609
Because the new editors and writers decided they'd adopt extremist social politics and pander to that crowd with clickbait for money.
>>
>>49304609
Clickbait my dude.
They've got to make money somehow, and that's what brings in the people who don't have 3 different add blockers.
>>
File: Esffkreuzer.jpg (243KB, 800x653px) Image search: [Google]
Esffkreuzer.jpg
243KB, 800x653px
>>49304599
The Space Noah-class ships in Super Robot Wars are pretty good for that. Clearly Yamato-inspired. There's also a tendency for many Gundam spaceships to look like seacraft, there are a couple in 00 that I am 99% sure are just real-world gunboats upside down. Look at this shit, that's clearly a deck facing downward.
>>
File: treasure-planet-disney-67631.jpg (164KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
treasure-planet-disney-67631.jpg
164KB, 1024x768px
>>49304599
Treasure Planet has prettymuch all you need there.

Although, if you want something a little more conventionally spaceship-y that still has a naval aesthetic, you can also try Space Pirate Captain Harlock.
>>
>>49304629
Oh come off it, they made money fine before they turned into dog shit. They just figured turning into clickbait would get them more, and it really hasn't. But once you commit to those kinds of politics and bring people in with them, it's pretty much impossible to throw them off.
>>
>>49304622
>>49304629
At least their videos are still pretty good.
>>
>>49304643
I'm not disagreeing, but that was the mentality they had.
Or at least I assume it is considering that tends to be the case with everyone who plunges face first into the SJW koolaid.
>>
>>49304644
I hate basically everyone in them so i don't know how they're 'good'. I avoid them like the plague, because even the occasional scientific or historical list is often filled with really shitty political or social jokes that grate like fucking rusty razor wire and that's on top of the generally inferior writing.
>>
>>49304609
...I'm unsure if that's what I'm looking for then. Somebody suggested cloning and mindreading for my plan to rescue Diclonii from Elfen Lied, and I thought FEAR would be perfect.
>>
>>49304658
...I just like OPCD, is all.
>>
>>49304666
I just used a bunch of biomancy and science perks to restructure their brains and related DNA. Considering their only real problem is "genetic instinct to kill people" you really don't need that much to fix them.
>>
File: Blank11.png (227KB, 595x496px) Image search: [Google]
Blank11.png
227KB, 595x496px
>>49304666
Good plan, Satan. Cloning an army of Diclonii to murder them all with their own blood-crazed dopplegangers? That's some real Twin Peaks shit.

In all seriousness I'm sure you can tweak them to be less, well, Aperture Science-y with the relevant science/engineering perks although I'm not sure how cloning and mindreading would help.
>>
>>49304688
You've got to get rid of the whole vectors turning unborn babies into more of them. Otherwise they're a genetic dead end considering they're all grills. Well except for one guy but he's an exeption to the rule.
>>
>>49304706
Meh. I'm going to make them sane, not solve all their problems. They can figure out their own reproductive bullshit.
>>
>>49304717
Then humanity gets replaced and both races become extinct.
I hope you're happy m8.
>>
>>49304706
>>49304727
You do realize they have to purposefully turn babies into them right?
>>
>>49304727
Uh, believe it or not, the Jumper isn't the only person on Earth who understands biology and cares about humanity not going extinct.

Again, they can figure their own shit out.
>>
>>49304699
My first plan was to stick them all on the island from The Incredibles and mass evacuate them, but I wasn't even sure if that would work so I asked the thread the best way to resdue them.
>>
>>49304744
*rescue

That looked like a c before I pressed post.
>>
File: 4143b5e63ec3bd20f67bf9e29c8f945d.png (410KB, 717x1008px) Image search: [Google]
4143b5e63ec3bd20f67bf9e29c8f945d.png
410KB, 717x1008px
>>49304666
Okay satan
let me tell you what I did

- Become a hive queen
The various drones you birth are both psychly linked to you and completely customisable as far as biology, intelligence, independence and abilitys providing you have access to what you're trying to make.
- Utilise spawning pools and hives from Starcraft Zerg
Getting constantly tied down to give birth to your army gets tiresome. You can create breeder drones with the hive queen abilities if you want but I felt more comfortable with spawning pools.

And... that's it. Unless you want me to go into hierarchy within the Daughteru Army of Justice and Liberty you can use those perks and just spawn your own psychic army
>>
>>49304908
That's a good plan for when I want a psychic army, but that's not the goal here. I want to rescue as many Diclonii as possible.
>>
>>49304930
If you want them to keep their vectors then it's a lost cause, they're an evolutionary dead end

Zerg and geneforge if you want to fix them.
I'd also grab some nightnight guns from MCU too, because they'll probably try to kill them.

I wouldn't factor out the daughteru army out of your plan though, you can't go around and save every single one of them.

>>49304688
>genetic instinct to kill people

Wasn't it established that they wanted to murder the rest of humanity because they were generally abused by people, and the genetic psychosis was just information manipulation in an attempt to contain the threat. I thought that was the whole point of the puppy murder scene.

It's been years since I watched it though.
Thread posts: 530
Thread images: 62

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.