[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Official MTG Snowstorm/Lore Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 340
Thread images: 65

File: New Flake Sheet Part 1.jpg (6MB, 1801x5825px) Image search: [Google]
New Flake Sheet Part 1.jpg
6MB, 1801x5825px
Welcome to the MTG flake/lore thread!
Last Thread: >>49223741

We're all Piss Anon now.

Writefagging last time:

If you want ANYTHING to go in the repo, just summon me. Otherwise I will only put writefagging and sheets in the repo.

Also, I added the blank template to the ALL FLAKESHEETS folder. And the old snowsheets are under "Snowstorm sheets" > "1- ALL FLAKE SHEETS."

To summon me simply say
>OP OP, I SUMMON THEE. PLACE THIS FILE IN THE REPOSITORY.
Unless that's too gay.

>Current Repository
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-bqTtfMpEHWVUI5dURzakE4VWc
>>
File: image.png (258KB, 500x326px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
258KB, 500x326px
>>49260066
Why do people always claim anons are myself? But, there can only be one.
>>
>wishing these threads would die already so we can have a break and move onto the third storm
>>
>>49260435
I like the idea of a third storm, but there would be a lot of overlap.
>>
>>49260435
Why would you want a restart? Just make a new flake.
>>
File: It's always sunny.jpg (329KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
It's always sunny.jpg
329KB, 1920x1080px
So which snowflakes would make up "The Gang"?
>>
File: image.png (192KB, 613x315px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
192KB, 613x315px
>>49260798
Probably pic related.
>>
>>49260798
>The gang release New Phyrexia
>>
File: zz2b20C.png (2MB, 2560x2000px) Image search: [Google]
zz2b20C.png
2MB, 2560x2000px
>tfw no qt3.14 transhumanist gf
>>
>>49261110
That's how you take something to an unnecessary extent right there.
>>
>>49261110
I'm sure that you can buy one on the Internet.
>>
>>49261186
Nope, those are the other trans.
>>
>>49261222
It's the Internet. Tou can buy both. And save on shipping buy getting them at the same place.
>>
File: image.png (8MB, 1865x2632px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
8MB, 1865x2632px
Alrighty. I would like some input on this deck and some suggestions on what to add in and what to take out.
>>
>>49261907
In the lore thread?
>>
>>49262037
Son of a bitch. Thanks.
>>
>>49262037
Also, sure. Why not? Any thoughts?
>>
>>49262070
I do not play magic much at all, so take this with a grain of salt.

This deck is intensely vulnerable to any kind of creatures before you get out specific planeswalkers, which you may have trouble finding. You have a hell of a late game, but very little stall.
>>
>>49261907
Why Ral? Seems like your only red splash.
>>
>>49260066
Where do I start to learn mtg lore?
>>
File: image.jpg (647KB, 2078x1386px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
647KB, 2078x1386px
Yeah, I built it to go up against my other friends' super friends decks. So, creature hate really isn't a problem.

>>49262161
I actually have Domri Rade and Sarkhan Unbroken in my sideboard to switch any out. I don't splash red. I use Oath of Nissa to mana fix.
>>
>>49262236
MtG Salvation
>>
>>49262290
I'd punch a guy for lying like that.

>>49262236
http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/columns/magic-story-archive
For the most recent storyline, go down to origins, and read your way up the page. After you get back to the top, you can basically read whatever else is on that page going down, from Origins.
Chronological order, with the exception of Origins is bottom of the page to the top. Have fun.
>>
>>49260737
Because this storm is cluttered and I feel obligated to keep following so long as it's still going.
>>
Question, why are elves on Kaladesh?

Each race they chose for the five colors has some lore based tie to invention and technology,except for elves.

Dwarves have been artificers since Norse myth
Vendalken were designed as scientists
Aetherborn are living smog; a direct byproduct of technology
Gremlins are a mythic creature whose existence revolves around machines

and then elves are just...there. Sure they made them do tech stuff but it's not like something core to there identity, it seems like they just needed a green race and went with elves by default .

I mean it's not!India, they could have done the same shit with Nagas right?
>>
>>49263671

I am a little puzzled why they didn't bring nagas back here instead of elves, too. This also doesn't really feel to me like the right plane to have brought Dwarves back.

Someone else I was talking to was wondering if maybe they should've had white Avatars instead of Angels, too. There weren't any angels on Theros because it doesn't match the mythology, and the same could be said to hold true for Kaladesh.
>>
>>49263671
>>49263739
No idea why they chose elves instead of naga, but elves on Kaladesh are experts at seeing and manipulating the aether, which is a natural thing produced by nature and the wilds. That's why they used elves, artifice on Kaladesh has a very natural component. I suppose you could say that aether is a clean and green fuel source.
>>
>>49263671
I think an artifact plane conceptually has trouble including Green in its design. Mirrodin was fine, because literally everything on Mirrodin is made of metal, but on Kaladesh I think they needed a way to help them put in Green content. And Elves are just an easy way to do that.
>>
>>49263739
Well it makes sense for dwarves. There whole shtick is being inventors and masters of the forge and shit. It's an invention set in a game called magic, you probably want to load up on all the magical beings explicitly tied to invention.

Goblins also would have worked for the red race too. But I have to say I fucking love gremlins and how they built a whole technology cycle using the colors.
>>
>>49263803
>>49263976
The idea of green being opposed to technology is silly when they have given us green farmers, botanists and scientists.

I am not saying a green race is the issue, I am saying why elves. Nothing about the conceptually ties them to invention; they could have tossed the aether seeing stuff onto any green race .

Or is energy sensing something inherent to elves in mtg? I know Nissa can do it but is that part of elves in general for mtg lore?

A green race makes sense being tied to the energy given the whole mana fetish, natural power gimmick green has I just find it odd that its elves specifically, it seems so random when all the other races are literally built conceptually on science and tech.
>>
>>49263739
They made the angels look really Deva-ish too.

I think it was a combo of wotc fetishizing there "iconic races"(there is a fucking hydra on steam punk India for some reason) and also May be not wanting to use Avatar in an Indian context instead of a generic context because of religious issue.

This is the same company that claims the angles are default female so they don't get to close to irl religion.
>>
File: brynhildr_by_genzoman.jpg (154KB, 700x906px) Image search: [Google]
brynhildr_by_genzoman.jpg
154KB, 700x906px
>>49264178
Fucking when wotc. Fucking when? I need this.

They killed all the hottest angels last block, we need some sexy Valkyries to replace them.
>>
Obligatory bump to await ice age anon.
>>
>>49264140

Energy sensing isn't an inherent elf thing, from what I remember. And hating technology has been an inherent elf thing, so it's a little odd that they're one of the main races in a highly technological setting. I mean, on Mirrodin, the elves were weirdos that hated how metallic everything else was.

Actually, the inherently elfy quality that I notice is MTG elves tend to be arrogant dickweeds who think their way of life is best, but that too does not appear to carry over to Kaladesh elves.
>>
>>49264683
They'd get bashed so hard if they printed a card with similar lewdess. This will never be a thing.
>>
>>49268789
No shit. But Innistrad was doing more than fine with glorious thigh angels, that's all I'm asking.
>>
>>49267373
I too wait for the Ice Age, that the heat of battle might warm this thread
>>
I love Kaladeshi angels.
>>
>>49272931
Same. I'm into 'em.
>>
So what's up with the whole snowflake/snowstorm thing? A collection of Planeswalker OCs?
>>
>>49273315
Yes. Some of them are doing actual writefagging too.
>>
>>49273375
Oh, that's cool. From the OP image, this looked like it'd be an RP thread, but the contents aren't.
>>
>>49264683
Sis we had valkyrie already, maybe a thing called coldsnap passed behind your winged radars?
>>49272931
Yeah they are cool. I dig the four armed look.
>>
File: 1447184126028.jpg (22KB, 444x322px) Image search: [Google]
1447184126028.jpg
22KB, 444x322px
>>49273456
>>49273142
>>49272931
>4 arms
>only 2 wings
One job, wizards.
>>
File: image.png (428KB, 2114x1600px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
428KB, 2114x1600px
>>49273398
Yeah, it's not so much an RP. Some anons colab their writefagging, so that in a way could be parallel to roleplaying. But, we make OC Planeswalkers that we call snowflakes or just "flakes". We write little stories about them. And we do nifty little events with them. Like currently we are doing the Ice Age Tournament. Where we put random flakes together and we all vote who'd win.

But, most of the time we just joke around and make fun of the flakes. Keep in mind, we have one law here. "All flakes are equally shit."

It's all pretty fun. You should join us. Pic is he flake sheet.
>>
>>49274309
> Can hold more swords.
> Less details to draw in artwork.

I'd say they did well enough.
>>
>>49274309
she's got six upper limbs, like Kali.
>>
>>49274391
>>49274479
I just want to be hugged by lots of fluffy wings, is that so much to ask?
Pic unrelated.
>>
>>49274559
maybe when we visit the Hebrew-inspired plane you can have angels with lots of wings.
>>
>>49276134
But then they won't have 4 arms. Truly, life is suffering.
>>
Please, don't post new content. Let the Ice Age be the end of the storm, as it was intended to be. Let it die at last so we can move on to the next thing. Without death, there can be no new life.
>>
>>49277706
>next thing
What would be the next thing? Just throwing out all the existing flakes? For what purpose?
>>
File: Vanguard MA.jpg (162KB, 356x509px) Image search: [Google]
Vanguard MA.jpg
162KB, 356x509px
>>49277706
Hey now, I said that it could go either way.
We die on this mass combat review of everything we've done, or we get back enough interest to re-fuel. One or the other.

And wrap up your voting. It's been almost a full day. RULES POST.

>>49250880
>>49258943

>During each round, flakes will be assigned to random opponents in single-elimination tournament fashion.
>Flakes will be treated as though they are all neowalkers in order to create a balance of power.
>Flakes with meme-levels of power will be treated as though they weren’t.
>Flakes that directly contradict lore, especially by going against or interacting inappropriately with canon characters, will be disqualified.
>Flakes that are joke or troll flakes will be disqualified. The use of silver-bordered cards in a flake’s preferred spell list automatically disqualifies them.

>During the first round, all flakes will be placed into the roster randomly. Flakes that are disqualified will give their random opponents a bye for the round.
>During the first round, flakes will be revealed in smaller groups, noting disqualifications and asking the thread if they wish to disqualify anyone else.

>During each round, small groups of flake match-ups will be revealed
>Arguments will take place in the thread and votes will be taken from the polls over which flake is likely to prevail over the other.
>After each round, the flakes that move on will be re-randomized on the roster to make match-ups unpredictable.

>Match-Up rules will treat both competing flakes in a match as though they are both forced into conflict with the other, and neither is allowed to planeswalk away until a winner is determined. Flakes will be treated as though they start with zero assisting summons and will not have prepared for this encounter.
>>
>>49277706
No. It will never die. We won't let it die. It is our child. And we will feed it, nurish it, love it... forever.
>>
>>49277706
I don't get his "let it die" thing. What is the problem? You want to do a new flake but are afraid it will never be "famous" as the ones that are established already?
>>49277761
Why, envy.
>>
It'll be noon in about nine minutes here.

That's when the next match-ups will be revealed. and when the votes stop for this set.
>>
>>49277890
Hey! That's Vronak's timezone. What a coinky dink. Hmm?
>>
File: Bait - Not Even.jpg (31KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
Bait - Not Even.jpg
31KB, 625x626px
>>49277905
Is it? You can try to start shit all you like, but you're a little too obvious.
>>
>>49277929
He posted a screen cap and he is in the central timezone. Just. Like. You.
>>
File: Blind Phantasm.jpg (26KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Blind Phantasm.jpg
26KB, 223x310px
>>49277791
A coin flip? Oh, well.

The following Flakes move on to the next Round:

>Kasten
>Ylia
>Talo'ara
>Thane
The next match-ups are as follows:

>Doctor Roman Whitebog VS Gaia
https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0Bwl7IuoVRkFxMlgxbjJrejlLVEk
https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0Bwl7IuoVRkFxdGQ0QlpkS3BSN1U

>Larothenes VS Sem
https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0Bwl7IuoVRkFxRVh0NmduWWNib2M
https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0Bwl7IuoVRkFxYjlIOXNDTUp5XzA

>Kinrakar VS Marjanah
https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0Bwl7IuoVRkFxSDkzS1Z1WjRsbE0
https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0Bwl7IuoVRkFxVnBFM1RZM29ZVzg

>The Cathar VS Praea
https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0Bwl7IuoVRkFxVWpfODRWMFBwSTA
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bwl7IuoVRkFxVXlVOE00WmdyVkk/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0Bwl7IuoVRkFxcTZFRlk3ZDlYX0E

DISCUSS!
>>
>>49278010
>Roman vs Gaia
A flavorful match, to be sure. Roman hates nature, and he's literally fighting the storm's resident mother earth trope. Still, I think Gaia takes it with a landslide. Her casting is more powerful, she's more experienced, and has a natural advantage.

>Larothenes vs Sem
Sem probably takes it.

>Kinrakar vs Marjanah
Aww, poor girl. Marjanah has some good casting, but she's blind and fighting a FUCKHUEG mad minotaur who also has some super aggro casting. Between combat ability and natural advantage, the bull takes it.

The Cathar vs Praea
A good matchup, actually. Even though the Cathar is a bit of a meme, if we take that away he's actually a good matchup for Praea. Still, he has a greater emphasis on aggresion and combat, so he could take it? It's a tossup for me. I'll come back to this one when I'm off my phone.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Thank you based Angel deck for delivering me these spoils. Fuck booster boxes, get store credit for dank shit like cute Ajanis.
>>
>>49278270
Race only means so much.

A drunken Agrus Kos once got in a bar fight with a sober minotaur. He didn't win, but he knocked out one of its teeth before it picked him up and hung him from the chandelier.
>>
>>49278347
Do you think Marjanah would take it then? How would she win?
>>
>>49278367
I'm not saying that. I'm just saying that the regular argument of racial advantage isn't as warranted as some people think. In a general sense, humans don't really have a disadvantage against other humanoid races, because "racial advantages" tend to also come with disadvantages that balance them out.
>>
>>49278347
>Drunk guy throws a wild swing at a minotaur
>Knocks out a tooth

I mean... Minotaurs are generally considered physically strong, but they're still basically just animal-people, I guess.
>>
>>49278419
I dunno, unless it says Marjanah is combat focused (which it doesn't) I'm going to say she has no idea how to deal with a stronk bull guy who's almost a meter taller than her.
>>
>>49278326
Good job, my UR deck got me to 3-2 last night.
>beaten by Spooder and Bant.
>>
>>49278270
>milk isn't the only thing that comes in quarts
>>
>>49278010
I'm not sure, but I think I figured out Gaia's weakness! She's a slow starter in general.
I'm not talking about that "waking up and adjusting to her new power levels slowly thing" I mean most of her spell set is BIG STUFF. Her early game is ramp. It's like that five color deck from one of the DotP games: Oh sure when it get sgoing it's a pain, but before that she has to ramp up mana across five different colors. And at new walker levels that can't be as easy as it once was.
I mean don't get me wrong, she's probably going to win against the stitcher, but there's a chink in her armor, in that she plays battlecruiser magic.
I think.

>Larothenes VS Sem
Sem is definitely the stronger of the two

>Kinrakar VS Marjanah
Well, every fight is in Marjanah's element if all she has to do is find and drag sand into the area, with the sand definitely slowing the hooved minotaur's charged down and her casting giving him big things to but heads with.
I think for a blind girl who never put on a shirt she might do pretty well.

>The Cathar VS Praea
The Cathar wins. His life's been one long conflict after another while Praea runs a really good gambling ring. Plus he still hasn't found his pet bunny. That man can't stop until he does.
>>
>>49279033
I mean, those spells on her sheet were from her oldwalker days. Anon said in her abilities doc that she could probably spam ball lightnings. I can ramp into those on turn one. Still, you have a thought that's worth more exploration.

But I don't think the stitcher could do anything against a ball lightning.
>>
>>49279095
Not just her spells, but also her "deck type" which is probably sort of their fighting methods too, at least, that's what I thought of it, is literally: Ramp into big stuff"
But yeah, no the Stitcher's kind of going to lose.
>>
>>49279141
Good point, though. Definitely something to keep in mind for the future. If Gaia anon still exists, we should get him to speak to it.
>>
>>49278010
Instincts say Gaia. I leave this to the experts.

>Larothenes VS Sem
Argh, this is what I get for not updating Larothenes's flakesheet since June. That one's not even accurate anymore, but it's fine for use in this. Given the sheets, Sem wins.

>Kinrakar VS Marjanah
Aggro versus control. Not really sure about this one at all. I want to give it to Marjanah, but I have to be sure that's not just something else talking.

>The Cather VS Praea
This is a really good matchup. If you look at what differentiates them, you've got black for Praea and equipments for Cathar. Since black is the color of removal that tends not to care about toughness, I'm tempted to say Praea has the edge, but I'll hold off on my final decision until I see what everyone else has to say.
>>
File: Live Fast.jpg (357KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
Live Fast.jpg
357KB, 1200x900px
Assuming aetherborn can't naturally spark I'm not sure, does processing Aether count as giving birth to them? It's a not-random repeatable event, like fertilizing an egg after all but you wanted to make an aetherborn flake, how would you explain their spark?
>>
>>49281100
Spontaneously given life as the byproduct of science. I wouldn't think that they qualify for sparks any more than the stuff that you summon from aether do.
>>
>>49278010
POLLS!

http://www.strawpoll.me/11197660
http://www.strawpoll.me/11197661
http://www.strawpoll.me/11197662
http://www.strawpoll.me/11197665
>>
File: How do I impregnate this.jpg (80KB, 768x432px) Image search: [Google]
How do I impregnate this.jpg
80KB, 768x432px
The solution to the problem in the filename is turning into a giant dragon
>>
>>49279033
I hate to say it, but Daisy ended exploding into a bunch of tentacles during spooky moon. The Cathar had to put her down.
>>
I've gotta give it to the Cathar. Praea is good, but she needs prep time to set up THE GAMES and isn't very handy in a face to face fight.
>>
>>49278270
>>49278010

Is there anyone who can beat Gaia? I would have said meme diomedes or something, but fuck she way too strong to have competition.
>>
So I have a flake, Sula of the Broken Bow.

Now what do I do?
>>
>>49283170
Post his/her flakesheet here in the thread, maybe do some writing if you'd like, and have a good time.
>>
>>49283128
Probably not. All of her main competition and most of the oldwalkers who could take her down were disqualified.
>>
>>49283170
Post it's flake sheet. Template is somewhere around here.

>>49283128
See >>49279033

DIOMEDES is pretty tough in lore and doesn't care about chain lightning with his spells that make indestructible. That and his speed is an advantage, easier white red aggro. Who knows how much Iroas' blessing/patronage helps vs Gaia experience though. Doesn't matter in the end because thats not this fight.
>>
>>49283128
I imagine around round 4 we'll start having to really think about it. 1 to 3 are cleanup rounds for purging the non-combatants, 4 is where we'll only have real powerflakes competing.

But, before that round comes up, what flakes do you guys think have a chance against gaia and why? Consider the discussion from >>49279291 this string of posts. She's a powerhouse supreme, but in combat a bit of a one-trick pony, if a strong enough flake could get around being overwhelmed with outlandishly high force, it might be possible.

>>49283170
post it, friendo, lets see the new original the character.
>>
Sup nerds. I was told my flake was up again. Throw your questions my way.

Gaia's power sheet attached.
>>
>>49283215
Sul of the Broken Bow was a young and arrogant Hunter of a tribe of Epolith. He lived at a time when the Spirits of the Land waged war against the tribes who began to abandon worship in favor of technology and magic made by there own power.

In a reckless charge against the Great Spirit Devanir his tribe was decimated causing him to spark .

Once off Epolith he met and trained with a group of Planeswalkers who together went back to Epolith to liberate it from the spirits .

When he returned, he found Epolith's unique nature made time run faster there than the multiverse, decades had past though he was still a young man.

Together, he and his team defeated the spirits , and became the Pantheon of a world dedicated to magic and technology .

But Sula grew envious and fearful, so he used forbidden art to trap his old teammates, using them to power a shroud that blocked all Planeswalkers from Epolith but him.

Now as the sole God of the Plane Sul Planeswalks in and out to appear immortal to his subjects, even as his church comes under threat from newly sentient machines and self aware spells.

Rate pls.
>>
>>49282037
Not Daisy. Truly the cathar is a main who suffered much. No man should have to put down his bunny.
>>
>>49283355
Sula
Color:White
Mechanics:

Artifact generation (especially equipment)
Supports pump and protection spells
Hates enchantments

Looks(pre spark): If Gilgamesh, Samson Hercules and Superman has a baby.
>>
Also if anyone wants to crossover, the team would need walkers of the four other colors and authors ok with a storyline that has them trapped for a bit.

until there eventual freeing by the Robot and Living Magic Computer code uprising .
>>
File: Blank Template.png (138KB, 1562x1186px) Image search: [Google]
Blank Template.png
138KB, 1562x1186px
>>49283170
>>49283215
>>49283355
You look like a guy who needs one of these.
Don't worry, it's as easy to fill out as knowing how to use Microsoft paint to type, copy and paste, and resize what you pasted into a certain size.
>>
Epolith:

Flavor: Stone Age
Mechanics: Card Types Matter.

Specifically

Artifact Matters for the tribal artificers
Spells Matter for the tribal shamans
Lands matter for the wild beasts
Enchmantmet Matters for the animist spirits

Then later on it shows back up as a "new plane" with a Spelljammer/Cyberpunk feel very artifacty, only the twist at the start of the last set shows they are on in the same .

rate pls
>>
>>49283418
>>49283418
What are the most powerful and broken white pump spells in history .

No enchantments.

Also the most broken equipment
>>
>>49281322
>13 votes on the Cathar vs Praea
Holy shit.
>>
>>49283474
Broken-ness of spells doesn't matter. The preferred spell list is more for flavor and explaining how your character fights. For instance Chandra would have a bunch of fire elementals and burn, but not really anything "stone" related, which'd be more Koth or Nahiri.
>>
>>49283477
I'm still biting my nails at Kinrakar vs Marjanah. It keeps getting tied.
>>
File: 1450746313551.jpg (8KB, 377x228px) Image search: [Google]
1450746313551.jpg
8KB, 377x228px
>>49283477
14 now.

guys I'm flattered but praea is not a combatant
>>
>>49283515
I kno. His flavor is wanting the post powerful spells and weapons because he is obsessed with strength and dominance . He is an in-universe spike.
>>
>>49281322
A lot of votes on these polls. I guess it makes sense, since it's a Saturday night in most places. A lot of people on 4chan.
>>
>>49283680
>yfw you played games all day at Washington and now are going to your second three way in two nights

feels good brah
>>
>14 on cathar vs praea
many have opinions, yet few are speaking them in-thread
come on guys, discussion first, why are you guys voting for who?
There's like 10-ish votes on each of these things but like 3 actual opinions posted, at least reference someone with a "this" if they summarize your perspective on the matter, so as to attract attention to those ideas and points.
>>
>>49283749
I mean, I agree with a lot of reasons stated.

Gaia wins because she's OP.

Sem wins because Larothenes is a manlet.

Kinrakar wins because of RAGE and COMBAT.

Cathar wins because COOOOMBAAAT.

That's how I voted.
>>
I think voting has slowed. 10 minute call?
>>
>>49283314
Gaia, at this point in time how powerful would you say she is, given 1 is just sparking and panicking and 10 being pre-BFZ Eldrazi
>>
>>49285181
Where do planeswalkers like Sorin, Ugin, Nahiri, Bolas, the Gatewatch, and Karn fall on that list?

The Eldrazi pre-BFZ are more plot devices and elements of the setting (kinda like how oldwalkers were way back when) so it is very difficult to gauge their power on any scale.
>>
>>49283128
Everyone is a non-meme neowalker, as per the rules.

You tell me.
>>
>>49285789
Probably not then.
>>
>>49285789
10 minute call soon?
>>
>>49285291
Karn, Ugin and Bolas are both 7-9, Sorin and Nahiri are 5-7, and the Gatewatch honestly varies depending on how important they are at any given time
>>
So, which female flakes are actually Futa?
>>
>>49287021
Prea/blue fingers
>>
File: gaia.png (265KB, 577x435px) Image search: [Google]
gaia.png
265KB, 577x435px
>>49287021
Who do you think?
>>
>>49284746
The ten minute call falls whenever I'm ready to move on. Availability factors into that.

>>49285876
That includes Gaia. Being Domain gives you a lot of potential options, but that doesn't mean that you can do literally everything.

>>49281322
TEN MINUTE CALL.
>>
>>49286908
Honestly? Right after she wakes up, and for some time after, probably around a 5-7. But after she's had a few years to adjust and reestablish some old mana connections, probably the 7-9 range. If I had to narrow down the numbers...hmmm. Probably a 5ish, then after a few years an 8ish? Give or take? I dunno. I really am uncomfortable putting a number on it, though. It feels kinda...well...kinda gay.
>>
File: Ghostfire.jpg (31KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Ghostfire.jpg
31KB, 223x310px
>>49278010
>>49281322

The following Flakes move on to the next Round:

>Gaia
>Sem
>Kinrakar
>The Cathar

>Bavara VS Miyja
https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0Bwl7IuoVRkFxMXBoWDBKUzhFQjg?tid=0Bwl7IuoVRkFxUDZRVGVfQ1BDbm8
https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0Bwl7IuoVRkFxR3RDdFkxa3lPU0U?tid=0Bwl7IuoVRkFxUDZRVGVfQ1BDbm8

>Varametra VS Mister
https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0Bwl7IuoVRkFxbVBuSXI3a3A2YWs?tid=0Bwl7IuoVRkFxUDZRVGVfQ1BDbm8
https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0Bwl7IuoVRkFxb2lUaVRNOUdwQzA?tid=0Bwl7IuoVRkFxUDZRVGVfQ1BDbm8

>Vanya VS The Messenger
https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0Bwl7IuoVRkFxWEFFT0s5c0hlQXM?tid=0Bwl7IuoVRkFxUDZRVGVfQ1BDbm8
https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0Bwl7IuoVRkFxSFp5N1pGNF91MTA?tid=0Bwl7IuoVRkFxUDZRVGVfQ1BDbm8

>Inzhu VS Andromeda
https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0Bwl7IuoVRkFxWThHblVZU3hqZFk?tid=0Bwl7IuoVRkFxUDZRVGVfQ1BDbm8
https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0Bwl7IuoVRkFxS3gxaV9wM3UxNDQ?tid=0Bwl7IuoVRkFxUDZRVGVfQ1BDbm8

DISCUSS!
>>
>>49287441
Honestly gauging power levels with hard numbers is sort of garbage. I don't blame you for disliking it; it's easy to just use it to wank your characters.
>>
File: 1423793350618.jpg (165KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1423793350618.jpg
165KB, 640x480px
>>49287194
>>49287021
Bluefingers only is when her demon is in control. Praea's not, but she can probably magic a dick on or something.
>>
>>49287575

>Bavara VS Miyja
I'd give this one to Bavara. Eldrazi and blue control magic seems like it'd set a pretty merciless pace for Miyja, whose only real trick appears to be throwing increasingly big wurms at something. By the time Miyja would get rolling Bavara could be dug in so well nothing will dislodge her.

>Varametra VS Mister
Varametra. Oldwalkers that became Neowalkers are still usually miles above other walkers in power. Frankly it sounds like he is enormously stronger than Mister and he's an actual mage while Mister's just a psycho.

>Vanya VS The Messenger
Another of my flakes against a very popular flake, and much like Dyna, I can't in good conscience vote in favor of mine. Messenger beats Vanya, easily. Most of Vanya's tricks like poison and spider webs are no good at all against an unbounded number of steel ants with superpowers set on murder.

>Inzhu VS Andromeda
I feel like Andromeda has a pretty big advantage here. Inzhu likes to create clones of her opponents' creatures, but that's actually not nearly as good against an auramancer; she's making clones of the base creatures, who have to fight the originals plus all the pumping Andromeda is giving them.
>>
>>49287441
honestly, I don't like the system that much either. It's weird and it does make it really easy to jerk it to your characters, but it's the only real metric that we have before we get to the Anti-Forcefield Gun Conundrum and that's not something that ANYONE needs to deal with.
>>
>>49287575
I haven't made any decisions yet, but I just want to point out that the Bavara sheet with the kinks is the most recently updated version and the one that should probably be taken into consideration for this.
>>
>>49287575
>Barava vs Miyja
I dunno, this is a hard one. Anyone using Eldrazi magic is bound to be a step-up on their competition, but Miyja is swinging some pretty fucking hardy things around. They probably wouldn't be easy to bring up or protect, but they only really have to slap their foe around once or twice to get the job done, ESPECIALLY mr I'm-almost-a-better-investment-than-old-emerakul worldspine wurm. I don't really like her too much, but I may have to vote for the wurmcaster here.

>Varametra vs Mister
A dude that has to learn about their foe's personal secrets and fears before they can fight them, or a member of a dimensional mutant monster race whose main casting qualities is warping space and summoning terrible horrors? Varametra is the superior grixis caster here.

>Vanya vs Mes-
Messenger. I'm sorry Vanya, you simply don't fight for the one-shot kill nor do I think you would be capable of it were you to go against character and try. You gave the myr time. Classic blunder.

>Inzhu vs Andromeda
And here we go, the folly of making it to round 2 on a pass. Inzhu is by and far the inferior combatant in every respect of skill, casting power, and natural advantage. The get-wreckedoning begins.
>>
>>49287848
>Oldwalkers that became Neowalkers are still usually miles above other walkers in power.
This. By every right, the final round of flakes should be all oldwalkers. Even weaker oldwalkers like Liliana are bounds ahead of strong neowalkers, even if it's just because they're smarter. Then take an oldwalker who's millenia old? Like Sorin or Nahiri? No contest. Either of those two would positively wreck any neowalker we've seen so far. That's just the difference to 20-odd years of experience and 2000+ years of experience and knowledge. Even the non-combat oldwalkers still have a huge advantage.
>>
>>49289715
Right now, it seems that the only qualifiers for success are:
>Is the character an oldwalker
>Is the character something other than human
>Does the character have a busted 'deck' in their suggested cards section

If that's what the competition boils down to, the first two rounds of voting were pointless and the number of participants should have been cut down based on that.
>>
>>49289763
The way I see it, these early one-sided fights serve a good purpose for discussing weaknesses of the bigger badder flakes early on. Sure, yeah, the last couple of rounds are going to be nothing but former oldwalkers, demigods and fucking monsters, but these early elimination rounds allow us to propose how weaker flakes might have edges against the stronger ones, so that when the stronger ones are fighting eachother at the end we'll have good arguments for and against each side.
>>
>>49289892
All I'm saying is that this competition was pretty much designed for 90% of Vronak's flakes to excel at it, if it's designed to put all of the monstrously powerful oldwalkers on a pedestal.

It feels a little bit of hollow to have a competition built around who's flake is the biggest and baddest when there were some people obsessed with making the biggest and baddest from the very start. It's just catering to that crowd.
>>
>>49289960
I would say a bunch of Vronak's flakes have already been flogged IIRC. The objective of this project as I understand was to simply pit flakes against eachother and discuss why one or the other would win a fair fight. Yes, of course, the flakes that were already made to be superpowers or divine in combat ability are going to be the ones that come out on top, but the objective is discussion, not final winners. Honestly, we all know Gaia's probably going to come out the final victor, so finding out "the biggest and the baddest" really doesn't matter because that's pretty much been predetermined. Instead, we're here testing our understanding of the characters and their abilities as they would fair against eachother comparatively and learning about the characters more from the interplay from different people's opinions.
Or, at least, we would, if only as many people posted opinions as voted. The sheer lack of discussion contrasted with the number of votes is a little disheartening, because it shows more people just want to reach the end rather than converse along the way.
>>
>>49290064
Memeflakes are meant to be taken at face value and oldwalkers are meant to be reduced to the level of neowalkers in every respect, with all of the advantages of being a walker in ancient times taken away. So I'd argue that at this point, Gaia's little more than a sleepy elf that's very rusty at anything resembling in combat.

But hey ho, despite the rules, memes and olderwalkers still persevere and prevail. It's more of a popularity contest and less of a contest of raw power - and to be honest, both of them have the same level of unimportance. Literally anyone could walk in and design a character that fulfills all of the right criteria, rendering the discussion moot. So what's wrong it being turned into a popularity contest instead?
>>
>Kaladeshi angel with fabricate
literally
>>
>>49290146
>with all of the advantages of being an oldwalker in ancient times taken away
Y'see, that's just not how that works. One of the biggest advantages that oldwalkers have on neowalkers is age, knowledge, and experience. Those don't just "go away" with the Mending, even with the onset of senility, like with Bolas. It's like saying a master swordsman could get beat by a novice. There is a reason why the oldwalkers we've seen generally dance circles around every neowalker we've seen. So even post-Mending, the oldwalkers flakes have a huge advantage on the neowalker flakes.It's the difference between owning a weapon and knowing how to use it.

Also, I would argue gaia has never had meme levels of power. She wasn't like Diomedes, whose meme was "literally cannot lose." The memery about gaia was how she was a raping Slaaneshi slut. Her power was just the logical extension of her accomplishments. Even pre-Mending, it took a lot of effort for an oldwalker to create a plane. And gaia was able to make a large, stable, and self-contained plane that held for millenia and probably would've continued to hold forever had someone not come along and collapsed it. So gaia being super powerful, even post-Mending, isn't a mene. It is a logical extension of her character. Gaia anon has repeatedly said that she never intended Gaia to go 1v1 with another flake precisely because of how powerful she was. I'm assuming it's because anon wanted to avoid the "my flake is stronker than your flake" argument.

Tldr, I don't think Gaia's power level is or ever was a meme and oldwalkers naturally have a huge advantage against neowalkers.
>>
>>49293120
>Flakes will be treated as though they are all neowalkers in order to create a balance of power.

Gee, looks like you're sort of misinterpreting that rule.

For all intents and purposes, Gaia is a neowalker. She doesn't have the oldwalker powers but she also doesn't have the oldwalker age, the oldwalker knowledge or the oldwalker experience in this competition. We are comparing these characters as though they were all neowalkers without any of the advantages that come with being an oldwalker.

So any experience and knowledge that comes from having existed as a planeswalker for god knows how many thousands of years means jack shit. She is being treated as though she is a neowalker or rather, she should be treated as though she is a neowalker. Keyword is 'should' because she hasn't been.

So yes, Gaia is just a sleepy elf with some combat experience and none of that vaunted oldwalker experience that you worship and praise because the rules directly state that all oldwalkers are to be treated as neowalkers.
>>
>>49287575
> Bavara vs Miyja
I don't see any way Bavara could win this. Coaxing an Eldrazi takes weeks of not months of building a Cryptolith monument. And even so, the Eldrazi won't save her. It can't be controlled. I'd give it to Miyja

> Vara vs Mr.
I don't see someone who summons critters being someone who has telepathy, attacks your mind, and controls your creatures. I'd give it to Mister.

> Vany vs Messy
I don't see Mys defeating defeating giant Spider-butts. Especially not buffed ones. I think the Myrs couldn't get out of webs let along stop themselves from being dismantled. I'd give it to Vanya.

> Inzhu vs Andromeda
I don't see someone who makes clones being able to take on a being who is aura's up the ass. The clones will only be the base creature's strength. Not the buffed girl with military experience and big game hunting experience. I'd give it to Andromeda.
>>
>>49293206
Well damn, then we're not even USING gaia. We're using a completely new character. Because her entire story is about how she's an oldwalker who created a plane. Also, if she was never an oldwalker and never made a plane, she wouldn't be sleepy. She'd be a pseudo-divine primordial elf who was fully awake and could sling big domain spells. So even this new, non-existent character you're talking about would still be a powerhouse.
>>
>>49293302
She was an oldwalker, now she isn't after the Mending and for the sake of balance, any experience, knowledge and age she once had is being disregarded.

The character still matters. Yes, she still knows big domain spells but there's no real link between power and number of colors, otherwise Sarkhan is now the equal of Nicol Bolas. So she's a sleepy elf capable of domain magic that takes a while to build up. Not this unstoppable combat goddess she's been praised as from the beginning of this competition.
>>
>>49293347
So...what? I'm just very confused why you think it's ok to take away her biggest advantage (and the biggest advantage of any oldwalker), treat her as though she's at most 60 years old, but STILL say that she's sleepy and rusty from millenia of dormancy? That just doesn't make sense. You can't have it both ways. Either she's a sleepy oldwalker with all that it entails, or she's a very much awake and combat-focused domain neowalker. Pick one.
>>
>>49293410
We're taking the character as written, removing the advantages of being an oldwalker from the character and then placing it as it is written into a battlefield against an opponent.

As Gaia is written, she is the heart of a world. The knowledge, age and experience of being an oldwalker is then removed from her and she is then taken from her position as the heart of a world and placed into battle against someone. So, the result is a tired elf with some domain spells.

Also, list where on her sheet it says she has any combat experience. We were told outside of her sheet that she was a soldier before she ignited but to say that she is 'combat-focused' is to completely rewrite the character in favor of her winning this competition.

Even if Gaia isn't a meme, she's a fan favorite so if people can vote for her to win, of course they will regardless of whether she actually should win. Her inevitable victory will prove that this is just a popularity contest.
>>
>>49293473
>Her inevitable victory will prove that this is just a popularity contest.

Its either going to be Gaia or Serena due to popularity or Diomedes because people are unable to seperate memes from the poll. Shame but thats just how it goes.
>>
>>49293473
And saying that she's a non-combat foucused sleepy elf with none of the experience of an oldwalker is also a rewrite of her character and one that is in favor of her losing the first round (if we went by it from the beginning.) So what you're really telling me, is that you have a problem with gaia winning (which she probably won't, anyway, so cool your jets.)
>>
>>49293347
>Not this unstoppable combat goddess she's been praised as from the beginning of this competition
If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck...
>>
>>49293568
It's got to taste like a duck for it to count.
>>
>>49293544
Yes I have a problem with Gaia winning because I believe that by the rules, she shouldn't have gotten as far as she has nor do I believe she should go any further. But she has, due to popularity.
>>
>>49293586
Well, who volunteers to check?
>>
>>49293612
Oh. I'm sure. A lot of anons will.
>>
>>49293629
You have to "taste" the duck too to compare, though.
>>
>>49293588
>due to popularity
Actually, for me, it's because I think she would logically win. Her first opponent was also a sleepy dreamer, and one who didn't have a powerful spell loadout. Her second opponent was a human stitcher who also didn't have a huge spell loadout and whose greatest strength came from his creations, which, per the rules, he can't bring with him to the fight.

Also, I interpreted that rule differently. I took it as "all oldwalkers have been affected by the Mending and no longer have access to the vast tracts of mana they once did" not "they are treated as though they were never oldwalkers."

Saying it's "due to popularity" is really undercutting everyone who has thus far made logical arguments in any popular flake's favor.
>>
>>49293666
But almost every single profile has been written according to the modern setting, treating the flakes in question as though they have been affected by the Mending. To reiterate on that would be pointless.

The purpose of the rule is to keep people from discussing a fight, only for someone to say 'but x is an oldwalker' and that character automatically wins. According to your definition, all you're doing is changing the conditions of the auto-win from 'this character wins because they're a literal god' to 'this character wins because they have infinitely more experience that makes it as though they're fighting children.'
>>
>>49293717
If that were truly the case, then why have so many oldwalkers lost at this point? Notice how my aforementioned points don't count ger being an oldwalker? She was up against weak flakes and won. Even then, I still think she's ridiculously formidable.
>>
Ice anon, please come in here and settle the debate between these two anons who've been arguing about one of your rules.
>>
>>49293750
Well, plenty of them are Vronak's and I'm willing to treat this like a popularity contest if it keeps Vronak from as few victories as possible.
>>
>>49293473
Sooo...you're throwing her into the competition as a comatose amnesiac grandma? That hardly sounds right or fair, but it does sound funny as hell.
>>
>>49293794
You're forgetting Sydhar. I voted for that little beastman.

I also don't care if Vronak's flakes compete. Most of the really bad ones were disqualified anyway. The other ones deserve a fair shot like every other flake.
>>
>>49293495
Angel slut hitler was knocked out of the sky by Dyna.
>>
>>49293911
Uh
>>49186700
What?
>>
At this rate, I really wish Gaia had been disqualified in round 1. Having to establish power levels for her and watching people argue her power level is really kind of making me feel sick. Combat and power levels were never a part og her character that i was going for. Is she technically godlike? I guess? But that was never the point. She was always about creation, artistry, and flowery shit like that. I mean, she's from a plane where the resident immortals use song and poetry to reshape reality, for god's sake. I don't like where this is going. It veru much is starting to feel like a "whose dick is bigger" with Gaia having the biggest dick.

Can we all just downvote her next round and knock her out of the competition?
>>
>>49294305
> creationism, autistictry, and faggotry
>>
>>49294305
> Gaia having the biggest dick
Looks like we know why Will was always chasing her around like a lost puppy. He was the sub in the relationship.
>>
File: I'm all about that bass.jpg (3MB, 3300x2400px) Image search: [Google]
I'm all about that bass.jpg
3MB, 3300x2400px
>>49294082
Man, I must have been dreaming then.
That's too bad.
>>
File: image.png (6MB, 2137x2234px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
6MB, 2137x2234px
>>49294389
>>
File: Vronakshort.jpg (306KB, 718x533px) Image search: [Google]
Vronakshort.jpg
306KB, 718x533px
>>49294433
>>
File: image.png (467KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
467KB, 500x500px
>>49294444
>>
Some of you folks actually read the rules, but even then it doesn't seem like the thread has a strong grasp of what it means.

This rule indicates the power range. Nobody has oldwalker-tier abilities anymore. Everyone's strengths come from their experience and the advantages that come from how they cast.
If your casting style is inherently non-combative, you're not likely to win. If you're a fresh walker or inexperienced mage, you're likely to get beaten by veteran. If someone's casting style counters yours, you're likely to lose. It's not that hard to just interpret what you see and say "In a modern story, if these characters fight, X is likely to win because Y." The discussions exist to gauge what reason Y would resolve X.
Being an oldwalker won't save you from someone that fights more and better than you, and it won't save you from being countered.

>Flakes with meme-levels of power will be treated as though they weren’t.
This rule is so straightforward that I don't know why I would need to explain this. This is here to tell you to disregard whatever running jokes we keep in the threads and look at it more objectively.

Polls will be up shortly.
>>
>>49294305
>Can we all just downvote her next round and knock her out of the competition?

I think that might be a good idea, if you look at how much of a problem it seems to be calling. I think if you want to withdraw your flake, Ice Age Anon can just do it.
>>
>>49287575
Polls, you amazing bastards.

http://www.strawpoll.me/11203936
http://www.strawpoll.me/11203937
http://www.strawpoll.me/11203938
http://www.strawpoll.me/11203939
>>
>>49294606
And yes, I know that combat abilities of the non-magical sort count for something, but you definitely have to consider what the other person is capable of and how much that will matter in the end.
>>
>>49293226
>>49289379
>>49287848
>Eldrazi
>Eldrazi
>Eldrazi

Okay, I'll say it again. There are two sheets in that repo folder, and the one with the newest timestamp is the most recent one and the one that I think should be taken into consideration. It might be too late at this point for some of the people, but for whoever hasn't voted yet, please look at the new sheet.
>>
>>49294609
If this is how it's gonna be every time she comes up, then that's definitely going to be an option. It's not that it really matters, though. So I guess I should just calm my tits and let whatever happens happen.

At least spooder is still a solid and non-bullshit contender.
>>
>>49294810
She still has an eldrazi spell on her kink sheet, which I assume is her latest one. THAT SAID, it's definitely not her specialty, which seems to be more investigating shit for knowledge and secrets.
She's basically a Tamiyo with azorious hussar training instead of scrolls of 'destroy the world worse' in her pocket.
Am I right or am I a bit off?
>>
>>49294721
>Vanya vs Messenger

Woah, look at the power of waifuism.
>>
>>49294721
Got almost ten votes across the board.

TEN MINUTE CALL.
>>
>>49295254
>Muh waifuism
Vanya can probably put out enough spiders to tie with or even surpass Meessenger's early game production, and basic logic says the Myr would have trouble working with just as million spiders gunking their joints up with webbing.
Plus you're individual spider breaks your individual myr and lives to tell the tale.

Plus we're not doing the "Messenger had three seconds, WE'RE ALL GREY GOO NOW!" meme
>>
>>49294876
In terms of her combat ability, just think Mono-Blue Control. Lots of filtering and tricks and counters and stalling until she can land a Sphinx or mill you out.
>>
>>49295385
Man, my grammar was shit in this post, regardless, Vanya isn't even own my waifu chart. She doesn't even have a writefagging to read.

>>49295391
Yup, that's what I was thinking.
>>
>>49295385
So you are saying that it takes less time to make a 1/2 spider than a 1/1 myr? Myrs also dont have proper joints. I know that you are just going to lash out at me for calling this out but this just speaks miles of what kind of polling this is.

>"Messenger had three seconds, WE'RE ALL GREY GOO NOW!" meme
Yet Diomedes is going to be in the top 3 with no effort, even if he is supposed to have tough time against anyone who isnt just a big fight guy. So no memes, sure.
>>
File: Palliation Accord.jpg (34KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Palliation Accord.jpg
34KB, 223x310px
>>49287575
>>49294721
The following Flakes move on to the next Round

>Bavara
>Varametra
>Vanya
>Andromeda

>Nicodemus VS Ninki
https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0Bwl7IuoVRkFxVzkzY0hPQmpzTDQ?tid=0Bwl7IuoVRkFxUDZRVGVfQ1BDbm8
https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0Bwl7IuoVRkFxS0VXSGxNeThGMWs?tid=0Bwl7IuoVRkFxUDZRVGVfQ1BDbm8

>Angelica VS Makayel
https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0Bwl7IuoVRkFxLTNLRGpQeVFONDg?tid=0Bwl7IuoVRkFxUDZRVGVfQ1BDbm8
https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0Bwl7IuoVRkFxQlF1RkpWOWlGQk0?tid=0Bwl7IuoVRkFxUDZRVGVfQ1BDbm8

>Cianne VS Iosha
https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0Bwl7IuoVRkFxamdNcFM0NkhEVUU?tid=0Bwl7IuoVRkFxUDZRVGVfQ1BDbm8
https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0Bwl7IuoVRkFxSUo2UzlsSjVtWkE?tid=0Bwl7IuoVRkFxUDZRVGVfQ1BDbm8

>Ioneth VS Jalaya
https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0Bwl7IuoVRkFxUVBmWjlzX1hkcUk?tid=0Bwl7IuoVRkFxUDZRVGVfQ1BDbm8
https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0Bwl7IuoVRkFxc3RDaWZlaDc3aEE?tid=0Bwl7IuoVRkFxUDZRVGVfQ1BDbm8

DISCUSS!
>>
I'm just sad that Sandworms from Saturn is losing this against someone with no win condition.
>>
>>49295480
> Makayel
Wait, how does someone summon Phyrexian elves? Isn't that a little lore breaking?
>>
>>49295454
It probably does take less time, since the spiders are just aether copies vs Messenger building the first myr and the two of them building the third and fourth together like the grey goo meme implies.
Alternatively if they're both just summoning aether copies of myr and spiders, then it takes about the same amount of time, and spiders are still baseline bigger.

>Myr don't have proper joints
They're not solid hunks of metal, they have joints because they have to bend. They're humanoid robotic ants with exoskeletons of metal basically. Exoskeletons aren't just solid 100%, they have joints so they can actually move.
But let's assume they don't have obvious areas where their limbs connect so they can bend, those are still limbs that can be tied up and restrained, and spider silk in the kind of quantities Vanya and her horde of spiders can put out is going to be pretty damn strong.

>Diomedes
Wasn't Diomedes first round vote really close because people actually took the time to discuss what he can and can't actually do outside of memes?

>>49295527
If she spent time on new phyrexia, saw phyrexian elves, and how they fought, then she might understand how they work enough to make mana duplicates of them, which is how summoning works in MTG. You don't actually rip an elf from new phyrexia to your side.
>>
>>49295589
That's not the point. You can't just make æther duplicates of Phyrexians as the Glistening Oil cannot be replicated. If you could manage to make summon out of it, it would just be a normal Mirrodin Elf.
>>
>>49295589
>Messenger building the first myr and the two of them building the third and fourth together like the grey goo meme implies.
Except his actual writefaggings made it very clear he is able to summon myr temporarily as well. But I guess no one read the flake stories as much as I did since this particular one didnt have waifus in it.

Not that it matters since he lost anyway. Just waiting for the inevidable Gaia/Diomedes/Serena victory now.
>>
>>49295340
Fuck. I'm out of the house and can't vote on my phone. Looks like I miss this round.
>>
>>49295633
I just don't see Myrs constructing other Myrs faster than the spiders could disassemble them.

And spiders are all around us no matter where we go. And think how many spiders are born from a single female. It's like a swarm of clicks and the deepest, darkest depths of creepiness.
>>
>>49295611
The glistening oil can't be duplicated, true, but the elf thing as she understands it is what she'd be able to summon. She wouldn't know what a non-phyrexianized elf would look like.
It wouldn't be fully phyrexian, and it wouldn't be shouting about the father of machines or be capable of spreading the oil, but it would definitely be summoned as she understood it, with all it's corrupted modifications and such. The infect mechanic being turned from "Spreading the oil" to regular poison as she understand it probably plays a hand in that too.

>>49295633
Literally, read the second sentence I wrote, here I'll quote it for you:
>Alternatively if they're both just summoning aether copies of myr and spiders, then it takes about the same amount of time, and spiders are still baseline bigger.
>>
>>49295643
Eh. None of them were close enough were a single vote would change the outcome.

But, if it makes you feel any better, your vote matters to me.
>>
>>49295686
The Infect aspect of it is what gets me. The elf wouldn't have infect. And if you are copying an ability, you can't just say "well I can't do this, but I can replace it with something simular". It really doesn't work that way.
>>
>>49295681
But he could summon myrs as well. In the writefagging he dropped a superion to fight against the angel. But I guess that doesnt count.
>>49295686
And I said that it would take more time to summon a 1/2 spider than a 1/1 myr. But I guess it doesnt count.

This is my last post on the waifu polls though.
>>
>>49295480
>Ninki vs Nicodemus
I'm actually not sure here. Neither of them is a combatant, but Ninki actually has SOME sort of combat orientation, what with living on Dungeons and Dragons: the Plane while Nicodemus is all about that countermagic. I think I have to give this one to Ninki, but I can be swayed if someone has a solid reason

>Angelica vs Makayel
does Makayel technically break lore? again it's a fight between two non-combatant individuals, but Makayel summons his own minions while Angelica just copies other people's minions. I feel like Makayel would win this one.

>Cianne vs Iosha
fuck. I feel like Iosha would win, but that's because I made her. I'm too biased for this one; Cianne can summon the big things, but Iosha just counters and deals damage through countering.

>Ioneth vs Jalaya
what is with so many non-combatants. just based on their sheets Jalaya wins; Ioneth has 0 damage sources and has no way to get rid of all the thopters.
>>
>>49295786
Deathtouch spiders aren't going to give a damn about a Superion.

And it's literally cheap as fuck to summon either a 1/2 spider or a 1/1 myr.

And who waifu'd this spider-butt? I don't recall anyone saying anything about her. But, I guess your meme myr is just too good, right?
>>
>>49295825
If we've learned anything from the RtR books, counterspells stop being useful when your opponent decides to physically beat you.

Jace could beat Exava by counterspelling, up until she started throwing knives along with the spells.

Jace couldn't use any tricks that Varolz couldn't get around.
>>
>>49295765
It depends. She understands that it leaves some kind of corrosive, poisonous liquid whenever it slashes things with it's metal claws, so that's her copies would do. She doesn't have to know it's phyrexian oil, she just has to know what it's effects in a fight are and that's what her summoned imitation would be capable of.

>>49295786
>And I said that it would take more time to summon a 1/2 spider than a 1/1 myr. But I guess it doesn't count.
You can say it if you want, but the spells speak for themselves: Spells that summon spider tokens spit them out en-masse and in greater quantities than Myr tokens, so a bunch of quick spiders definitely aren't slow to summon, unlike say: angels or demons who's token makers typically make 1 at a time.
Stop being so bitter that the flake you were rooting for lost. You're acting like Vronak
>>
>>49295480
>>49295825
As the maker of Ninki, I'm voting against her when the poll comes up. She's the stay-at-home caretaker on both the plane of adventurers and the plane of heroes. She's the absolute opposite of a combatant, one hundred per-cent and she only got this far due to getting a bye.

Nicodemus gets it, 100%.
>>
>>49295825
I would note that Angie doesn't just summon a single copy of your creatures. But, a multitude of them. So, for everyone one you have, she'll have 6 of them at the very least of the same creature. And on top of that, she can turn your biggest creature into your weakest creature. I kind of have to edge this out to Angie.
>>
>>49295928
That's not how summoning works. You can't just make up a creature as you see fit because you don't understand or like any of the original's aspects. If you say they can, then source on that?
>>
>>49295928
Vronak here. I actually don't get butthurt if a flake I'm rooting for or one of my own flakes lose. It's no biggie.
>>
>>49295480
And now for this match:
>Nicodemus vs Ninki
Nicodemus seems like a scientist type. 100%. to the point where he doesn't have any creatures or at least black kill spells. Ninki can at least win via Sovereign and lifegain and has some enchantment stuff to protect her.
Honestly it's dumb luck but she's basically the one-eyed girl fighting the blind here.

>Angelica vs Makayel
As much as I'm defending Makayel here, I'm pretty sure the acid slime beats the phyrexiafag. Any poisoning or oil he tries would probably just be dissolved by her jello. Only blunt damage and cutting would probably work.

>Cianne vs Iosha
I would give this one to Cianne. Iosha's big thing is countering spells which would work for a bit, until Cianne started cascading things at least

>Ioneth vs Jalaya
Ioneth has a history of fighting artifacts on a level that Jayala could probably only dream of. I can't say with honesty that I'd expect Jayala could win.

>>49296004
Sure it is, do you think you're actually infecting your opponent with phyresis and phyrexian oil when you play an infect deck? No, you're giving them poison. Hence why it's "poison" counters and not "Phyresis/Oil" counters
Honestly we're talking about one of the grey areas of summoning, but it makes sense with what little explanation on summoning we have in lore, where it's not an exact copy those would be legends but what you understand of them. Just like when Feldon summoned a monk that he was hanging out with for a week but couldn't remember his face so he made it up. She doesn't know quite what kind of poison the elf has, but she knows what it does, so the aether'll fill in the blank
>>
>>49296288
And I keep referring to Makayel as she, but I know it's a guy, whoops. Elves. Ya know?
>>
>>49295480
How far into the second round are we iceman?
>>
>>49296288
>>49295825
Nicodemus is an experienced, ambitious wizard going up against some nobody healslut though.

This comes down to more than just card type, she's a fucking pacifist for crying out loud. He wins by default.
>>
>>49296860
A bit more than half.
>>
>>49296950
The problem is we know literally nothing on his fighting style other than "Draw stuff, counter some stuff, detainment sphere some other stuff."
We either need some writefagging or an explanation on how he actually fights, because that's what the preferred spell section is for: Drawing a picture of their fighting style. Does he fight with his bare hands? What kind of creatures does he summon? He doesn't seem like much of an artificer for someone from esper, etc.etc.

At least the "healslut" has a followable fighting style: Overheal so that your opponent can't hope to win while protecting herself with living enchantments.

Don't get me wrong, I'd probably find a way for Nico to win if I had ANYTHING to work with, just a few big blue creatures to say "This is what I was controlling into" or anything of the sort, but I have nothing
>>
>>49298409
There's plenty of logical, theoretical win-conditions that just can't be achieved in the game.

It's clear that the purpose of this Esper mage is to lock the opponent down, leaving them utterly incapable of doing anything. As in, he'd actually try and find a way to restrict, bind, detain and leave his opponent helpless and without any options, leaving them without no choice but defeat.

There's no win condition for that in the game but it's clear that's the sort of theme that he's going for. Exhausting every last avenue and option that his opponent has and when he's totally broken them, snatch them up in a detention sphere.

"But it doesn't target planeswalkers" isn't really an argument, as that's probably entirely flavor-based. The difference between player and creature is a purely mechanical and balance-based one because planeswalkers are creatures, outside of the card-game's definition. Jace mindfucks an average human schmuck just as readily as he mindfucks a planeswalker. Chandra isn't suddenly incapable of using 80% of her fire magic because she's targeting a planeswalker instead of a normal mook. Hell, Gideon's primary method of fighting can't even be replicated with a deck.

So to put it simply, Nicodemus would counter most of Ninki's spells, leave her without any options and when all of her defenses are exhausted, shove her in a bubble-prison and win.
>>
>>49298704
See now if it actually said that anywhere on his sheet, or if he had more than one type of counterspell on his sheet, I could believe that. But I'm still not going to just accept "Oh, he counters literally everything she casts" though. Especially since half her shit isn't even for attacking. He's trying to stall out a defensive cleric with an in-lore attempt at draw go or something. That's just not going to work.

I do agree on the Chandra and Gideon thing though, in fact, I wasn't even going to argue the "Doesn't target planeswalkers" thing.
>>
>>49298829
I'm just saying as Ninki's creator, she shouldn't win a single fight, not even this one. Yes, there might be some basic synergy in the 'preferred cards' section but that's the only argument that can be mustered. She has absolutely no combat experience, absolutely no desire to fight and only got this far due to a bye. He'd counter any genuine threats that she puts on the board and when she's run out of options, he'd put her in the Detention Sphere / Oblivion Ring and win that way.

If Ice Age'll accept it, I'd like to concede this one to Nicodemus.
>>
>>49298925
If you say so, though this guy looks like the only reason he made it here was a bye himself.
And at least she has something that can even be vaguely consider combat capable, namely her armor/Eidolon/Mantle/The fact that she somehow got through an entire Ordeal of Heliod
>>
File: Larothenes Kinksheet.png (1MB, 1562x1406px) Image search: [Google]
Larothenes Kinksheet.png
1MB, 1562x1406px
Hey everyone, don't mean to interrupt the battle discussion, but I finished writing something for the new, updated Larothenes! I trapped him in a cave back in June and now he's finally getting out.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1rPu84TIsN4PhHFdgnz90joKdOWlHzzcaFKDz8pfFS6U/edit?usp=sharing (LEWD)

This is the first part of three I have planned for Larothenes during the next week or so. And an updated flakesheet to go with. Now, back to the fighting.
>>
Post the theme song for another flake

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNkQMtZAMAw

This is the Cathar.
>>
>>49299061
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=op-LBp4sH7w

Praea
>>
File: image.jpg (298KB, 675x461px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
298KB, 675x461px
Bumperino.
>>
>>49295480
POLLS!

http://www.strawpoll.me/11207323
http://www.strawpoll.me/11207324
http://www.strawpoll.me/11207325
http://www.strawpoll.me/11207326
>>
>>49298977
Nicodemus won their Round One match. Ninki got here on a bye.
>>
>>49300267
>unsleeved
>>
>>49300643
Who on earth lost to that?
>>
>>49300648
Pitch.

It was an Esper Vedalken vs a Scarecrow though I do believe the voting was fairly close.
>>
>>49300648
Nevermind found it, he won against a literally artifact walker and he's from Esper. That's fair enough.
>>
>>49300267
Did you take that yourself, or find it on the internet?
>>
>>49300647
You should know that he's clinically insane.
>>
File: image.jpg (77KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
77KB, 600x450px
>>49300869
Internet. My lgs is significantly bigger.
>>
Come now...

We're going to need more votes than that.
>>
>>49302603
Its sunday night, people need sleep
>>
>>49302603
My internet is down and straw poll won't work on my phone.
>>
>>49300996
holy shit those kids could eat banana sideways
>>
If you folks were going to run an MtG tabletop rpg, how would you do it?

I don't mean what system would you use. I mean, how would you focus it? What would you DO with the infinite possibilities presented by a party of planeswalkers?
>>
>>49303706
One exists. It's weird.

Some people have done the thing where "you have a deck of X cards that help represent your characters' abilities, but then we work out with the GM now that actually works."
Not too unlike our "preferred spell list" concept, really, just put into practice.
>>
>>49303706
Mutants and Masterminds. Have a villain with motivations and an objective, but ultimately prepare for letting the players bumble their way into writing the game for you.
>>
>>49303913
I've seen several different fan-made attempts at an MtG rpg. None of them have seemed especially impressive. I'll probably be running my own game in a fairly rules-light system, using procedurally generated "booster packs" of cards as part of the character creation process, similar to the vision cards in Everway.

I'm not so much interested in how you guys would make it work mechanically, though, but what you'd actually do setting- and story-wise. My players want me to run a game, but I'm having a hard time finding something to help anchor my GMing process in the infinite multiverse...
>>
>>49304145

Seriously, M&M is amazing for an MTG game. The powers are very open to descriptions and archetypes, and covers almost any basis you need for MTG, including planeswalking.
>>
>>49303706
Actually, here is a link to the shotty system I setup for one I'm wanting to run with my rl friendos.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/10KVQu72fwEF7lJBydCRYSvFlu9cOqLXrUbN9lC2yVDY

It's start on Ravnica. I'd have them gathered by a Planeswalker who tells them that they need their help solving the disappearance of two of the guild leaders. And they'd be taken on an mystery adventure trying to figure out who is all behind it. And some nice dual color fights would ensue.
>>
If you suddenly woke up on Innistrad after the events of Eldritch Moon as one of your flakes, which flake would you be? And if you got to choose to be there with four other flakes who's anons embodied those flakes, who would you want to be with you?
>>
>>49306111

Well, I only have one flake, so I would wake up as Izari. That would be fun I think.

As for others, that is tough. Would anyone want to wake up on Innistrad with me?
>>
>>49306129
Cutie. If given the chance, everyone probably would. So, pick as you please. And keep in mind, you are on Innistrad.
>>
>>49306153

I suppose I could've worded that with less lewd implications
>>
>>49306164
I actually didn't mean it in a lewd manner. Most people would love to wake up on Innistrad as one of their flakes. Enough adventure and excitement that you'd never forget.
>>
File: Interesting-times-cover.jpg (37KB, 178x300px) Image search: [Google]
Interesting-times-cover.jpg
37KB, 178x300px
>>49306364
>Enough adventure and excitement that you'd never forget.
I imagine it'd get old fast. Most people are not cut out for that life.
>>
>>49306438
You can planeswalk. So, you all could get the excitement when you want it and bounce to a nice peaceful plane to relax and have a quiet life.
>>
>>49306525
>nice peaceful plane to relax and have a quiet life
Kek. This is fantasy, trouble finds protagonists regardless of whether they want it.

Granted, adventure is easier to run away from when you can just not be in the same universe. But settling down for any length of time is not gonna happen.
>>
>>49306569
Oh sure it is. You have to realize that there is an endless amount of planes to visit. We just never see them in the sets and lore because that would be boring. You could easily find one that has absolutely nothing reeking havoc on it. Shit Fiora is pretty well tamed. Just a lot of polo all shenanigans. But, for the common people, it's just a simple life.
>>
>>49306525
Sounds like the hedonic treadmill effect would just kick in.

Humans aren't built for lasting contentment; they end up dissatisfied no matter what.
>>
>>49306668
And as a Planeswalker, you can always go back to another interesting plane to get your kicks. Then when that exhausts you, return home for some more peace and quiet.
>>
>>49306701
problem is, once you've gone everywhere and seen everything, more or less nothing is special.

You live so long and you see so much that you become totally numb to everything, and wonder ceases to exist in your infinitely vast world, which is so paradoxically full, yet so empty.
>>
>>49306769
Your life is t prolonged just be being a Planeswalker. And even if you desired to find immortality, there is literally an infinitely amount of planes. You'd never see it all.
>>
>>49306790
You should visit the old people's home.

Get a dose of reality down you.

You can get tired of all this shit well enough in a single human lifetime.

Infinite worlds full of infinite petty mortal bullshit just sounds lime a way to burn out all the sooner.

At least stuck in one place you can conceptualize that elsewhere might be better.

If you actually go there you might just ruin your optimism.
>>
>>49306823
Sounds like you've never actually traveled. You can have your little pessimistic look on life all you want. Doesn't mean everyone else feels the same way you do and doesn't mean your words hold any truth behind them. You think people in old folks homes are there because they don't want to be anywhere else? You think they feel like they've seen it all and don't want to see more? You're sadly mistaken. And shit, that's just in one planet. Living 90-some odd years and still people have things they want to experience on this one single planet. Could you imagine an infinite multitude of planes? Perhaps you need a rude awakening. Take your own advice and go to a retirement center, sit down with someone who is 90+ years old, and ask them if there is still anything they would like to see or do in life. And see just how much they missed out on.
>>
File: tumblr_o511igoBPO1rqjaapo1_1280.jpg (539KB, 636x900px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o511igoBPO1rqjaapo1_1280.jpg
539KB, 636x900px
Found a thing
>>
File: image.png (108KB, 315x320px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
108KB, 315x320px
>>49307405
>>
>>49307405
Which one is this supposed to be? Because it doesn't look like any of the main 3.
>>
>>49308183
It's probably just an eldrazi themed giant. Kind of like how a few anons hjypothesized on what their eldrazi-fied flakes would look in a few threads a few months ago
>>
>>49308249
>a few anons hjypothesized on what their eldrazi-fied flakes would look in a few threads a few months ago
I must have missed that. Anyone make any pictures?
>>
File: image.png (172KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
172KB, 265x370px
>>49308183
It's the crab Eldrazi Scion.
>>
File: IMG_20160912_114923.jpg (172KB, 922x1263px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160912_114923.jpg
172KB, 922x1263px
>>49308269
Yo.
>>
File: IMG_20160912_115319.jpg (128KB, 878x1098px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160912_115319.jpg
128KB, 878x1098px
>>49308269
>>49308793
>>
File: thumbsup.webm (254KB, 1280x532px) Image search: [Google]
thumbsup.webm
254KB, 1280x532px
>>49308793
That's pretty cool. I wish I could be bothered to learn how to draw properly.

Don't eldrazi broods show signs of their parentage in their physical form (4 arms, black holes, mutant abominations, etc.)? Or is this supposed to be on the level of the big three with their own unique forms?
>>
>>49308853
>Becoming an Eldritch Horror caused Serena to become significantly less thicc.
That is the true loss here.
>>
>>49308866
The big three. It was back when we were theorycrafting that the Eldrazi titans are actually what happens to planeswalkers if they live long enough. So it was a "what would your flake look like as an Eldrazi titan?"

Here are some concepts I was working on for Owlmom-drazi.

http://m.imgur.com/a/a7wPB

And Gaia's spawn resemble stillbirths/abortions.
>>
>>49309082
>http://m.imgur.com/a/a7wPB
Nice.

>And Gaia's spawn resemble stillbirths/abortions.
Well that just sounds a tiny bit needlessly morbid. Why not warped/corrupted Elementals instead (because Gaia)?
>>
>>49309160
I wanted her theme to be based around some twisted idea about motherhood, since creation and motherhood are two very strong themes in Gaia. So, I made her based around failed motherhood and failed creation. Hence, stillbirths.
>>
>>49309215
Hmmm. There's only so much you can take from that theme visually. The big 3 have their very distinctive traits, but honestly, I can't really imagine varied broods with that theme. Maybe semi-transparent womb-like "cores" in which stillborn forms can be seen?
>>
>>49309332
That's an idea, yeah. I actually had some drawings, but they aren't with me. Gaia's womb in that pic is actually supposed to be pseudo-transparent, and you can see thousands of spawn writhing inside. I like the idea of Eldrazi being gross.
>>
>>49309399
>I like the idea of Eldrazi being gross.
Probably greatly depends on the titan they hail from. I imagine Kozilek's kids to eat very cleanly because lol black holes. Never really saw any slime anywhere in any of them.
>>
File: 1165660-comic_bohrok.png (232KB, 320x274px) Image search: [Google]
1165660-comic_bohrok.png
232KB, 320x274px
So I hear the purpose of the Eldrazi is to recycle planes...
>>
Hey, a couple Ussa updates that I'd like to get in before the Ice Age fights start up again.

New Sheet:
http://i.imgur.com/pC66d3N.jpg

Updated "Ussa in Innistrad Part 2":
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1M1pAlA0eNsGWxGGkVPgznvMb226JQPl2spVau1evQlg/edit?usp=sharing (LEWD)

>OP, OP, I SUMMON THEE. PLACE THESE FILES IN THE REPOSITORY.
>>
>>49306364

Oh yes, I agree. Waking up as Izari on almost anywhere would be amazing.
>>
File: getinlosers.jpg (175KB, 500x390px) Image search: [Google]
getinlosers.jpg
175KB, 500x390px
So, do you think Big Ems is sleeping in the moon, or just sitting there for a bit?

I have an idea for a flake that learned from Ugin of the Eldrazi potentially being necessary in the multiverse, and wants to go talk to Ems about it.

I mean, it's not as if Ems has much to do for the next few millennia, might as well keep her company.
>>
>>49300996
>your kids MaRo! Some has got to be done about your kids!
>>
>>49313237
I'd handwave that and let you talk to her if I were the GM of the hypothetical game. The Rule of Cool very much applies in MtG writing.
>>
>>49313237
I wouldn't have the flake learn about the Eldrazi from Ugin. That's a bit close to the lore. Perhaps from the Soratami on Kamigawa? That might be a little less "Hey guys, my flake is right dab in the middle of the shit".
>>
>>49314579
I just thought he'd see the gatewatch kill 2 of the titans and metaphorically run around telling planeswalkers "Don't be like those idiots." because apparently people cannot be trusted not to meddle in things they know jack shit about.

I don't know Ugin, would he do that, in his own Ugin-y way?

Sorotami are a thing I would include anyway, the flake probably would be one, because lol Moonfolk literally sitting on the moon chatting with Ems.
>>
File: image.png (3MB, 2114x1600px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
3MB, 2114x1600px
Alright, this flake should have been finished last Friday, but I'm lazy as fuck sometimes. So, hope you enjoy it.
>>
>>49315171
>gaia online tier pic and backstory
>"mob boss" on kamigawa
>super cannibal
Image.jpg/10
>>
>>49315303
> .jpg
> Gaia online
You just went full retard. You never go full retard.
>>
>>49315171
The furry's in, Vronak.
>>
>>49315677
Hey, how many have I created now? And only two? I think that's reasonable.
>>
File: image.png (191KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
191KB, 265x370px
Well, It's been confirmed now that both spells and artifacts aren't limited to planes and multiple planes can have the same ones.

http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/feature/masterpiece-series-kaladesh-inventions-2016-09-12
>>
>>49316403
Well Kaladesh is THE new artifice plane. The fact that they managed to make their own swords isn't surprising really.
But yeah, other than legends or heavily lore related stuff, it's always been a question of "Have they made this artifact/spell?"
>>
>>49316474
It's been more a question of 'Does this make sense and is it flavorful?'

There's plenty of spells which are unique to a set that have broad flavor that would allow them to be found anywhere, while there's other spells that are very specific and related to certain events, characters and locations.

It's just a case of using personal judgment and being accepting of the fact that other people are allowed to question that judgment and say 'I don't agree with you.' There's no hard rules about this, which makes it easy for people to dance around the guidelines and make characters designed to frustrate others, if they want to.
>>
>>49316403
So, how these will work is akin to Expedition Lands from BFZ. They will be as rare as a Mythic Foil. All will have unique artwork, unique boarders, and all will be foil. And the "Masterpiece Series" will be featured in every set from this point onward. They will include both reprints and cards found in the set they are featured in.

Good luck to those buying boosters and boxes.
>>
>>49316812
>hoarders will buy fucktons of boxes to gettheir pretty border mana crypts and mox opals
>it's khans fetchlands all over again
>tfw wizards has finally figured out a way to make standard staples not cost 100 dollars
Good job Rosewater, you've done something right for once.
>>
>>49316978
Yep. And I'm already buying two boxes.
>>
File: en_uaxxoNzDon.png (180KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
en_uaxxoNzDon.png
180KB, 265x370px
>Spend your life as a recluse constantly working to make a childhood dream a reality
>When you finally come out, turns out people have been making them yearly for half a decade
Being Signi is suffering
>>
>>49316403

I liked the design of the other two Masterpiece swords, but it took me a while to figure out how the fuck you even hold this one.
>>
File: image.png (202KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
202KB, 265x370px
>>49319432
Arm goes in like so.
>>
>>49319659
how does ice let you draw a card?
>>
>>49319710
by making sure you keep a cool head
>>
>>49319659

Man that thing has got to be a BITCH to swing around unless those materials are much lighter than they look.
>>
>>49319659
These new swords look so nice but so impractical.
>>
>>49319710
It's Magic.
>>
File: image.jpg (351KB, 750x825px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
351KB, 750x825px
Bump.
>>
File: image.jpg (128KB, 900x761px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
128KB, 900x761px
>>49324950
Damn, no one has returned yet.

Lewd Bump.
>>
File: Tereza Flake Sheet.png (3MB, 2114x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Tereza Flake Sheet.png
3MB, 2114x1600px
I know this thread is about to autosage so I'll repost next time, but here's my flake to throw into the mix.

C&C's?
>>
>>49326135
Going for a eastern europe/ orthodox theme, with a lot of emphasis on ghosts, similar to Innistrad just shifted a little to the east.
>>
>>49324950
This is a great picture. Source?
>>
File: ruinousgremlin.jpg (42KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
ruinousgremlin.jpg
42KB, 265x370px
Well, these things are cute in an ugly sort of way. Also, the consulate is really bad at its job huh? How big do these things get?

And now for the reason I posted: A game. Now, we know Kaladesh is a world of technological engineering in a RU designed the plane sort of way, now what would a plane of Biological engineering look like in a GU designed the plane sort of way?
You can divide your answer based on colors, lines, shards, wedges, whatever. Just, imagine a crate of gremlins gets dropped there, what does each color on bio-engineering plane do with them?
>>
File: Novijen, Heart of Progress.jpg (33KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Novijen, Heart of Progress.jpg
33KB, 223x310px
>>49326627
Probably not very big.

As for your other question, go look at some examples of Simic structures from the first Ravnica block and you'll probably have your answer. Novijen was literally bio-engineered, and turned out to be the control center for Experiment Kraj.
>>
>>49326627
>>49326777
This, most likely. Also, nice trips.

Newschool Simic is about manipulating evolution, but Simic under Momir Vig was all about bioengineering, which is what got us the Graft mechanic in the form of cytoplasts.
>>
>>49326627
If you splashed red, the world would probably look like the Zerg.
>>
File: image.png (564KB, 680x717px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
564KB, 680x717px
>>49326603
Pic related is where I got that pic.
>>
>>49327515
>>49326603
I'm just playing with you. I did actually find it on google images. But, sadly enough I just searched for it again and it's from the Internet's butthole.

http://wizardsmagic.tumblr.com/
>>
>>49327598
4chan is still the internet's butthole. Tumblr is more the internet's...shit I'm not sure what it is, because while they do whine a lot, it's pretty much where ALL western porn and art gets made. Right brain maybe?
>>
>>49328344
Neah, tumblr is the Internet's butthole. 4chan is the Internet's part of the brain that causes inhibition to do dumb shit that we ought to know not to be doing.
>>
>>49328422
That title goes to /b/ forever. Tumblr at least produces content that's possible for sane people to enjoy. You just have to remember that their equivalent of /pol/ doesn't have it's own board to be banished to. That's where most of this "feminism/

I mean, no website where you can literally filter shit to get mtg's good art and good porn or r34 of whatever series you want can ever really compare to /b/
You literally have to go out of your way to see the SJW shit, where-as here you get it shoved in your face because someone can't help but talk about it in even a spoiler thread.
>>
>>49260066
Is kaladesh.com the coolest flavor wotc has had ever?

Shit is based as fuck
>>
File: gremlins.png (146KB, 753x423px) Image search: [Google]
gremlins.png
146KB, 753x423px
>>49326777
>>49326827
I think you guys didn't quite get the scope of the question. Anon was going for a "What if there was a plane that was nothing but the Simic guild across all five colors."

>>49326627
White takes the gremlins and breeds them to be helpful little things, keeping the streets clean and things such as that.

Blue makes them aquatic and uses them to sniff out aether underwater to power/grow shit

Black makes them fuck terrifying tentacled monsters designed to eat the aether out of people.

Red makes them bigger and adds tentacles and stuff for no other reason but "Why not?"

Green makes them bigger and releases them into the wild.

White Blue turns them into control engines, eating people's spells, unsummoning things to eat the aether, and the sort. Most of the WU ones now have wings and fly

Blue Black is probably the same except with less flying but now with life loss.

Black Red turns them into tentacled rape monsters of the figurative and literal sort. Some, as in the bigger ones, might fly because RB thought it looked cool.

Red Green makes them fuck huge and utterly uncontrollable.'

White Black turns them into an obedient servant race, designed to act as big ornate attack animals to show off wealth and threaten their lessers. Also life drain because they eat your aether to give life to their masters.

Blue Red breeds them to sniff out aether so UR can power them up with different kinds of spells to make them better with the reason of "BECAUSE."

Black Green recognizes they're supposed to be decomposers and breed them to get stronger for eating the aether out of corpses

Red White breeds them into anti-magic mounts for their knights, some fly with lifelink to deal with BR's previous bullshit.

And finally GU makes them big aquatic monsters to make them apex predators so they can mine for underwater aether in peace.

Something like that, I assume?
>>
>>49328868
The post responded to looks at Kaladesh as a world designed in an RU way, then asks what a similar sort of thing would be like if the world were designed in a GU style instead for biological engineering. Discussing the aesthetic of the old Simic Combine as the example for Green/Blue bio-engineered world and buildings is a totally valid direction to go into, even if it doesn't address the rest of the question.
>>
File: cruise.png (797KB, 1190x521px) Image search: [Google]
cruise.png
797KB, 1190x521px
>>49328783
lookat this shit so based

>>49329024
Given gu and ur are the most sciencecy color pairs, any one else miffed temur didnt have such a vibe?
>>
>>49329024
Yeah, which is why I specifically said Scope. They got the question, they just didn't think BIG enough.

Though the aesthetics were pretty cool, they don't always transfer from plane to plane. "Aetherpunk" is Izzet's thing and it doesn't look much like Kaladesh, for instance.
>>
>>49329115
>Izzet
>Aetherpunk

Izzet is mana-flavored steampunk.
Their lands are literally a boilerworks and steam vents. They have some aether use, but I wouldn't dare say that they carry that aesthetic the way that Kaladesh does.
>>
File: li220_chemisters_trick.jpg (141KB, 640x413px) Image search: [Google]
li220_chemisters_trick.jpg
141KB, 640x413px
>>49329179
It definitely lead to similar motifs, but they aren't anywhere near the same, which is what I was saying about Simic aesthetics probably not transferring to a Bioengineering world.
>>
>>49260066
Oh, hey, at some point someone changed Anastasia's description from bitching about my not giving her coin-flip cards to something useful. Thanks, anon.
>>
>>49329220
Heck, we got two bites at the apple with Simic. They did engineering-focused bio-engineering and biology-focused bio-engineering.
>>
>>49329379
Oh that is true, I think I'd prefer the latter one for UG if we were going full plane with it, with a more electrified former for the RU faction
>>
File: Nissa twerks for the plant.png (188KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
Nissa twerks for the plant.png
188KB, 265x370px
>>49329503
>Nissa now has a pretty decent ass too
I want to plant seeds in her garden if you know what I mean.
>>
>>49329582
That wasn't meant to be a reply. So this site doesn't abort shit, does it?
>>
File: image.gif (2MB, 395x272px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
2MB, 395x272px
>>49328666
And remember, buttholes can still be good for sex. Which is an amazing thing when your dick gets that glorious tightness. But, shit still pours out of it that will never stop until it's finally dead.

That is not 4chan. Pic related is 4chan. Pic related is that part of the brain that is the inhibition to do dumb shit just for fun.
>>
>>49329807
Except nothing like that happens here. No "lose inhibitions", just rage and shitflinging. 4chan is more like that webm of the big bar fight with midget hitler in the background that I can't find at the moment.

That gif is like going out, meeting people, and adding alcohol. Things 4chan is exceptionally bad at. It doesn't loose inhibitions. If anything it makes them worse while giving the illusion to inhibitions because you fap to a wider variety of weird shit.
>>
File: image.gif (3MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
3MB, 400x225px
>>49329924
Except that pic isn't them going out and meeting people. The people in the car and the guy street saying already know eachother. They just happen to be doing dumb shit where the rest of the Internet is. 4chan has a penchant to pour it's asshattery out into the rest of the Internet from time to time. And even the media gets wind of it. Just look at how many memes come from 4chan.
>>
>>49330022
* the guy street skiing
>>
>>49330022
Yeah, they know each other, but 4chan doesn't loosen inhibitions, and when was the last time 4chan's asshatery was relevant to the rest of the "internet" like it's a monolithic thing.
People say dumb shit on 4chan, but that's not fun asshatery, that's just being assholes. And they actually DO even less of it. It's nothing but "shitflinging, the website" at this point.
>Meme culture.
That's literally the most conformist thing to come off the internet and you just tried to tout it as loosening inhibitions. I don't know who gave you this romanticized view of 4chan but it doesn't produce anything of quality like you think.
Well, except for /diy/ maybe.
The point I'm making is that 4chan is much more likely to create a shut-in that spouts memes than anything actually productive or useful.
>>
File: image.jpg (215KB, 1200x901px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
215KB, 1200x901px
>>
>people are arguing about mundane off-topic tedious shit again
Never change, /tg/
>>
>>49330272
Well other people need to start posting something to talk about since that gremlin thing was such a great success.
>>
>>49330256
Look, I've been on 4chan since '06. I've seen my fair share of shit from 4chan popping up literally anywhere and everywhere. Shit starts here and spreads elsewhere all the damn time. We find or create something amusing. It gets popular on the boards. And bam. It's sprouting up other places like 9"gag, re'didit, tumbl'downsomestairs, and so forth. When was the last time I remember 4chan actively going out into the world and being noticed? Hmm. I'm trying to think of something significant since Hitler Did Nothing Wrong. How about that Fred Durst poll thing? Or getting that guy a date with Taytay?
>>
>>49330270
From what I hear Emrkul really was bae, when she talked to Jace and shit.
>>
File: image.png (1MB, 2000x2500px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1MB, 2000x2500px
>>49330396
Yeah, she was awesome. Turns out that she's a nerdy girl who everyone is attracted to (except most of the popular kids) who just wants to make friends and play board games with them.
>>
File: 1473800576048.jpg (92KB, 644x900px) Image search: [Google]
1473800576048.jpg
92KB, 644x900px
Guess who's back
>>
>>49330668

Well, that's unexpected.
>>
File: image.jpg (91KB, 1137x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
91KB, 1137x640px
>>49330668
We already knew this. Pic related was released last week or so.
>>
File: 1473800708911.jpg (102KB, 644x900px) Image search: [Google]
1473800708911.jpg
102KB, 644x900px
Really glad to see they didn't go with whatever kind of fuck ugly ears she had during Origins.
Fuck Nissa has a lot of forehead.
More area to cum on I guess.

>>49330747
And now we know more about his arrival., and that he shows up a lot earlier than "Right before the end of aether revolt." See >>49330714
>>
>>49330786
Why the fuck do they print cards that say "Æther" and "Aether"? What the fuck, R&D?
>>
>>49330866

Maybe Nissa can't pronounce it.
>>
>>49330921
Give her a good enough dicking she'll be able to pronounce a long "ee".
>>
>>49330866
On one hand, most of the Æ cards are older and they can't just change the name. On the otherhand, they print some new ones like that too. At least they went with "aether" this set, but they need to make up their minds.

>>49331007
I volunteer for that plan
>>
>>49330866
There was actually part of an article about this. Basically the reason was that the "Æ" was too much of a pain in the ass and awkward to translate, and since they were going to have a block full of "Æther" stuff, they decided to just change it to "aether" to make everyone's lives easier.
>>
>>49330668
ayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
>>
>>49330668
>Looks like they've got a sudden case of being-in-the-way-of-an-enormous-leonin-wielding-a-twin-headed-axe.
>>
>>49331365
>-itis
>>
File: image.png (193KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
193KB, 265x370px
>>49331146
It's not harder to print though. It's just font. But, the only reason I can "justify" it is perhaps that's how Kaladesh writes the word æther.
>>
>>49331455
He didn't say it was harder to print. He said it was a bitch to translate.
Also, it looks ugly as fuck on every single card they put it on.
>>
File: image.jpg (417KB, 1000x1377px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
417KB, 1000x1377px
>>49331630
I think it looks badass. And it's not difficult to see it and say "ee-thur".
>>
>>49331829
And this is why it's not being printed anymore, it's a waste of effort and a bitch to translate.
And I always thought it was pronounced "Ayy-thur" because A is obviously the more important letter. It's an A with motion lines, not an E with a stand.
>>
>>49331829

Isn't it supposed to be more like "eye-thur"?
>>
NEW THREAD

>>49331940
>>49331940
>>49331940
>>
>>49330668
Ajani, you so based.
Thread posts: 340
Thread images: 65

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.