[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Malifaux - "I have the new cards somewhere, really" edition.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 305
Thread images: 32

Books:
https://mega.nz/#F!M9dyDTrI!eNYCwqvg4iPWy_z-M0P9dw

Book 1 - Basic Rules and first wave of updated (from 1st edition of malifaux) models
Book 2 - Second wave of updated models
Book 3 - Campaign system and new M2E models
Book 4 - not yet; if you have scans/pics please post.

Book 4 card pics: http://imgur.com/a/vJ5g0 https://imgur.com/a/tjdx4

Discord voice chat for malifaux chat and memery: https://discord.gg/xWkuFRz

Through the Breach Fated Almanac - Basic rules for the RPG set in Malifaux
Through the Breach Fatemaster Almanac - GM stuff for the RPG

>What is Malifaux?
Malifaux is a 32mm Skirmish Tabletop game, with a focus on completing several different objectives, while denying your opponent their objectives.

New Gaining Grounds Tournament Rules:
http://themostexcellentandawesomeforumever-wyrd.com/topic/114900-gaining-grounds-2016/

Last thread:
>>49144381
>>
>>49221901
Bumpan
>>
In an attempt to get some discussion going let's have a topic;
Favorite Faction, Favorite Master, Favorite Schemes/Strategies to play.
>>
>>49222112
Outcasts
Viktorias
Assassination with aforementioned master(s)

It's all just a blender.
>>
>>49222112
Guild, Lucius, Plant Explosives/Deliver a Message/Cursed Object

My guys can't do much, but they can and they will annoy the fuck out of you.
>>
>>49222112
>faction
Really hard to choose, I probably like neverborn best even though I win more with ressers though I get a distinct feeling it's gonna change to 10T because of Asami and misaki.
>Master
It would be a neck and neck with Molly and Asami but Both of Molly's sculpts are great so I put her first.
>favorite scheme
Frame for murder, I love throwing the bait out and watching the master murder the shit out of it while going "oh no fuck why did I do that." Before asking "how many wounds do you deal?" And cheating in a low card so they get positive flips.
>>
>>49222112
Neverborn
I've been playing a lot of Titania recently, she's fast becoming my new favourite
getting schemes.
Anything involving chucking scheme markers about, stuff like set up and detonate the charges are especially fun with her since you basically flood the board with markers.
>>
>>49222112
Gremlins
Somer teeth Jones
Turf war
>>
What is hardcore henchmen?
I heard it get mentioned in the last thread.
>>
>>49223214
4 models exactly, led by a henchmen, 20 point cap
>>
>>49222589
If you throw a low card, and they have a positive flip, why wouldn't they chest in a low card, maybe even a black joker to keep it alive?

Unless they think it's a double bluff.
>>
File: Gynoid learns to smile.gif (968KB, 500x270px) Image search: [Google]
Gynoid learns to smile.gif
968KB, 500x270px
Leveticus upgrade Pariah of Iron.
Does hiring of of faction constructs incur the mercenary tax?
Or do all constructs count as his faction for the purpose of hiring?
>>
>>49223517
>hiring of of faction
hiring of Out of faction
>>
>>49223016
Hello, me.
>>
>>49223584
Do go crazy summoning, gremlin gun line or Rambo teeth Jones?
>>
>>49223628
for turfwar, you go summoning + gunline.

I would theoretically go rambo if I got stuck with reckoning or some kind of killy scenario, but I prefer not to play Somer into those.
>>
>>49223678
Fair point, do gremlins have anything to deal with buried models?
>>
File: plz.png (26KB, 1182x542px) Image search: [Google]
plz.png
26KB, 1182x542px
>tfw Wyrd forgot about their promotion system this month
>>
> Outcasts
> Gremlins
> Guild
> Neverborn
> Ressers

So nobody plays either Arcanists or Ten Thunders here? I can see why you wouldn't play TT, but I thought /tg/ would have arcanist players out the ass.
>>
>>49223833
arcanist players are too busy being out being successful, partying, and having sex to post about miniature steam punk soldiers on an Portuguese fly fishing forum
>>
>>49223249
Neat. Any restrictions on summoning?
>>
>>49223517
>Does hiring of of faction constructs incur the mercenary tax?
No
>>
>>49223772
Nothing natively. You will need to hire mercs and such.
>>
>>49223977
Summoning effects just go poof and nothing happens.

It's very restrictive, but that's half the fun
>>
>>49223628
Both are a lot of fun.

Rambo Somer is great. Dumping an opponents hand and shutting down triggers can absolutely decimate some crews.
>>
>>49224142
Damn there goes my Mortimer and Sebastian list.
>>
>>49224142
Is there a full list of the restrictions? Or is summoning it, rules wise?
>>
>>49224281
Strategy and Scheme Selection (all rounds):
Deployment: Close.
Strategy: Hardcore Turf War. This Strategy uses the Turf War rules (Core Rulebook pg. 66) with the exception that VP may be scored on the first Turn.
Scheme Pool: Assassinate (Core Rulebook pg. 68). This is the only Scheme available and it must always be taken.

Game Size

all Crews MUST BE led by a Henchman, NOT a Master
The game size is 20 Soulstones.
All Crews must contain exactly 4 models, no more, no less.
Upgrades may be purchased, as allowed by the standard rules of Malifaux.
The size of a Crew’s Soulstone Pool is limited by the Cache of the Henchman leading it; any Soulstones above this amount are discarded.
Any Actions, Abilities, or Triggers which summon models are considered to be “blank” (they may not be used and have no effect on the game, as if they were not printed on the model).
Only one Scheme will be available.
The same Crew must be used in each round of the event.
>>
File: Untitled.png (813KB, 737x916px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
813KB, 737x916px
>>49224281
>>
>>49224383
is the leader henchman free or do you still pay their points?
>>
>>49224487
They're free. This isn't a campaign.
>>
File: Queens Return.jpg (553KB, 1109x813px) Image search: [Google]
Queens Return.jpg
553KB, 1109x813px
Almost done with my Titania box now, Aeslin is annoying to paint, I've tried 2-3 times already and it's gone wrong, It's so tempting to just attempt to drybrush her but it looks dreadful.
From a game play perspective I'm really not impressed with Titania's totem, the idea of getting a minion back once it dies is nice but from the few games I've played this just doesn't get to happen.
>>
>>49223270
I think because my opponents don't think it out too well honestly. I blame my meta for being mostly new players who plan out their entire hand instead of thinking and going with the moment to moment.
>>
>>49224383
fuck yes, I like this format

been waiting for henchmen to be valid leaders for a long time now

>tfw no one locally will give three shits about four shits for this mode of play
>>
>>49225884
Local henchman runs these all the time, but only made it to one so far. My pigs got whipped by the other players right away (it was a four way battle and they all had bad experiences against Gracie).
>>
>>49224367
>>49224383
Thanks. I might use these rights fit summer demo games. Or for quick ones .
>>
Has anyone tried "Treacherous Ties" the other official henchman lead alternate format?
>>
>>49226384
No. Gotta link to the rules?
>>
>>49226767
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Eanh2ExaVb5zsbkCZJ6Ns943qG5_wu4HXVIx7TwfTPQ/pub?utm_source=NOVA+Open+Primers+Are+Here%21%21&utm_campaign=2015+NOVA+Open+Wrap-Up+and+Results&utm_medium=email

Just Crt+F till you find it.
>>
Treacherous Ties is different from regular Malifaux in the following ways:
•All Crews must be led by a Henchman, not a Master.
•The game size is 25 Soulstones.
•The only Henchman allowed in the Crew is the Leader.
•The Crew must select two Factions: one Faction from which the Leader will be selected, and another from which the rest of the Crew will be selected. The Leader may not share a Faction with the Crew and none of the Crew may share a Faction with the Leader (for example: if the Leader was dual Faction Ten Thunders and Resurrectionists, the Faction from which the Crew is selected must not be Resurrectionists or Ten Thunders, and no member of the Crew may have Ten Thunders or Resurrectionists as a Faction). Upgrades are purchased from the Crew’s Faction and may be attached to the Leader as if they were a part of that Faction (for example: if the Crew’s Leader is an Arcanist and the Crew is Guild, only Guild Upgrades will be available, and the Leader will be able to attach them as if they belonged to the Guild).
•Only the Henchman’s printed Cache may be used, and any unused Soulstones are discarded.
•Each Crew only has one Scheme.
•Schemes may not be revealed at the start of the game.
•The same Crew must be used each round.

Set Up

All rounds use the following set up:

•Deployment: Close.
•Strategy: Treacherous Headhunter. This Strategy uses the Head Hunter rules (see Gaining Grounds) with the exception that VP may be scored on the first Turn.
•Scheme Pool:
Plant Explosives (Core Rulebook pg. 70)
A Line In the Sand: this Scheme uses the A Line In The Sand rules (Core Rulebook pg. 68) with the modification that it may not be revealed at the start of the game and the Crew scores 1 VP for each Scheme Marker on the Centerline of the board at the end of the game (up to a max of 3 VP). Note: Remember that Schemes may not be revealed at the start of the game and each Crew may only select one Scheme.

3 rounds at 45 minutes.
>>
>>49223833
Arcanists
So hard to pick one master but in the end I gotta go with Rasputina and the cult of December.
Collect the bounty, all the bounty points.

>>49223863
In my case too busy working or masturbating furiously.
>>
>>49226945
That sounds really strange. I'd have to think pretty heavily on what is want to bring.
>>
>>49223863
true story, the only arcanist player I've ever met was an ex marine; his presence made the entire gamestore uncomfortable.
>>
>>49227060
Lmao
>Arcanist Chad's please go
>>
>>49227060
>ex marine
No such thing. Only retired Marines.
>>
>>49227275
It's funny I know a guy who proclaims that he's an ex marine not retired. That was also when he first got out, not sure how he feels about now years later
>>
>>49227275
he was literally said ex marine though

wasn't very old looking either
>>
>>49227275
what's the fucking difference? Why are military types so fucking anal about their profession?
>>
>>49227060
I would have guessed VonSchill.

>>49227388
>>49227415
Shameful display.
>>49227440
The military does a lot of work ensuring you internalize it's ideals. If you don't self identify as a soldier, you're not going to be a very good soldier.
Doubly so if you ever see combat duty.
>>
So fa/tg/uys I come to you in search of wisdom. I'm entertaining the notion of starting this game after taking a glimpse of some sweet models; I'm currently halfway of the rulebook in and the system looks nice, I like the tight sinergistic approach to crewbuilding and the fancy little combos that I find are are lacking in my other games.

Going by looks alone I seem to like Neverborn the most, I'm interested in the Dreamer, Lynch and Titania. Though there are undoubtedly cool crews in other factions I like at most one or 2 masters in the whole faction (Tara, Kaeris, Leveticus), so I'm unsure of the viability of the thing. Again, not speaking from a gameplay POV just going by looks alone.

So, where do I go from now? What are the basic things a dirty noob like me who's just thinking to start needs to know before he takes the plunge? Any master and minions you recommend for starting out?

Also is there a catalog somewhere where I can look at all the pretty minis? I find the official webstore kinda confusing...
>>
>>49227529
Well off the top of my head one thing is if a minion is part of a crew box you should probably pick that up instead of the stand alone minion box. Like lynch and the illuminated, better just to get the lynch box and have the master as well.

Schemes and Stones also has good series on their blog about starting for $110 or less
>>
File: 1417771070070.png (182KB, 481x511px) Image search: [Google]
1417771070070.png
182KB, 481x511px
What and where do you buy tokens and markers for this game?
>>
>>49227704
>>49227704
I like this sight
https://art-of-war-studios-ltd.myshopify.com/collections/malifauxcompatible

There are lots of people making mid or acrylic tokens and the round faction symbols on the boxes are the right size if you cut them out. Plus Wyrd sells colored bases that can do the job.
>>
>>49227704
I 3D print most of them, and cut out the circles on the sides of the boxes for some. For things like smoke and trees, I use cotton balls that have been drybrushed and model trees on 50mm bases.
>>
>>49227704
I use the relic knights token sets I got. A large batch of 30mm numbered tokens and some 50mm ones too make em a pretty good deal.
>>
File: LilithGroupW1.jpg (110KB, 1000x450px) Image search: [Google]
LilithGroupW1.jpg
110KB, 1000x450px
>>49222515
A Lucius player!

Do you take Hidden Sniper?

I heard on a podcast recently that it's really, really good with some specific wombocombo stuff, but I can't remember what it was.

I think maybe it was actually minimal set-up, not really a wombocombo.
>>
File: malifaux hired swords painted.jpg (91KB, 1000x535px) Image search: [Google]
malifaux hired swords painted.jpg
91KB, 1000x535px
>>49224383
>>49224487
>>49224580
>Henchman is free
Oooooohhh...
That makes so much more sense.
I was trying to make a HH list with what I had available to me, and I just didn't have the stones for Cassandra or Joss AND three other models.
I assume you can't take Totems without their Master?

>>49224931
Damn, every time you post more of this crew it keeps on looking better.
Your Titania's still my favourite though.
The Claw (? Spear guy) doesn't do it for me sculpt-wise though.
Is the wood grain textured in, or painted on?
>>
>>49227704
I'm making my own. Got some dollar sign stickers to put as my scheme markers, skulls for corpses, a star for Hannah's void token, and sticker bullet holes for Parker's hail of bullets. All I need is an explosion for Mad Dog's blown to hell marker and I'm set.

Too bad I couldn't find Beagle Boys stickers that would fit on a base for the schemes though........and I realize I could have done up the Parker crew like the Beagle Boys. Fuck
>>
>>49229141
Thanks, i'm really enjoying painting the crew too.
The wood is already textured in. I agree with you about the claw as well it's definitely the weakest of the three sculpts, I'm not really keen on the massively receding hairline on the thorn either but i'm too lazy to sculpt a better one.
>>
File: Lionel Richie.jpg (12KB, 193x172px) Image search: [Google]
Lionel Richie.jpg
12KB, 193x172px
>>49223270
>>49225101
Can't you just pick the lowest card?
Either way, that's all on your opponent seemingly not really knowing how the game works.

>>49226945
I'm not so sure about that one...
Maybe I've just not played enough to tire of the normal flavours yet.
Also needs a decently varied model pool to pick from.
Aaaand the opportunities for utterly broken shenanigans must be huge.

I have no idea why I have a picture of Pappa Loco named Lionel Richie.
>>
File: Marcus.jpg (665KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
Marcus.jpg
665KB, 2048x1536px
>>49229265
I assume Thorn is barbed whips?
I like the inhuman/doll-like face as a stand-alone model, but equally it's not really the aesthetic that that crew is supposed to be shooting for.

The dynamic ponytail on sword (Tooth?) looks like it's moving either far too much or in the wrong direction, and (maybe the angle) there seems to be a hint of a presenting/twerking hip-cocking going on.

Relatively small things, but just a couple of odd sculpting decisions.
Still nice models though.
>>
>>49229141
>I assume you can't take Totems without their Master?
You can take the generic totems, but not master specific ones.
>>
File: McMourning.jpg (197KB, 1600x1187px) Image search: [Google]
McMourning.jpg
197KB, 1600x1187px
How do I beat McMourning?

There's a guy at my FLGS that runs his McM crew like a smooth, well-oiled machine, and I can't work out how to stop it.

Usually in Ressrs with Moonlighting, his box and Grimwell as a cruise missile.
>>
>>49229759
What faction do you play?
>>
File: Colette old Bois.png (152KB, 280x577px) Image search: [Google]
Colette old Bois.png
152KB, 280x577px
>>49229906
Colette, Arcanist at the moment, but if there are linchpins to kill or power-moves to block that would work for any Master that would be great.
>>
>>49230094
Try and grab stuff that can remove conditions. It'll help stop poison and the stuff that nurses can have out. Johan is a good pick.

Sebastian is a big priority, as are nurses. I wouldn't focus too much on McMourning, he's very resilient and highly mobile.

Remember to focus on objectives.

It might be worthwhile to hold on to a high card to try and stop expunge, since it's only once a turn.
>>
>>49230094
Depends how the McM player plays. I've not faced him much myself but have always heard that Sebastian is a key part of the list if poison is the focus. Remember that McM and Grimwell are not that tough them selves.

With their low willpower nurses can be pulled out of position with Performers or Oran (or Casandra if she copies them).

Do you take any beaters yourself to punish him for getting too far forward?
>>
>>49230094
Don't forget Performers can wipe out any flesh construct or autopsies poison bombs he creates with the sip of wine trigger on sirens call.
>>
Alternate Beckoner miniatures?

I've tried to paint mine..but hate the aesthetic of the miniature.
>>
>>49230987
Just use performers but paint their eyes to be glowing
>>
>>49231141
>>49230987
Seconding performers, maybe add some other 'brilliance' type effect.
>>
>>49231141
>>49231311
If be a little leery of performers because of them being mercs which could lead to confusion.
>>
Is there a way to summon witchling stalkers?
>>
>>49231678
Sonnia can do it with an upgrade, I can't remember exactly how though, I think it's kill stuff with burning
>>
>>49231678
>>49231746
With the reincarnation upgrade anytime something within 8" dies with the burning condition on it, she can summon a stalker if she discards 2 cards.

Witchling handlers can also summon them off a trigger on their Ml attack.
>>
>>49231422
Give them a nice and unique paint job and then make it clear from the very beginning that they are not Performers, but are Beckoners.
Keep the Beckoner card in clear view also.

Alternately, you could try Hollow Waifs or even other companies like Hasslefree or Reaper who have an assortment of attractive ladies.
>>
>>49232133

I should have specified earlier, I'm actually looking for something not so...sexual. I'm running a Collodi crew and it just seems out of place (Plus I just don't like that theme).

I considered some of the old Rackham line, looking for a 'hypnotic' looking doll/puppet?
>>
>>49232217
There is also the Manniquins but they might not quite fit also.
There is Puppet Wars also, maybe some of them?
Other then that, I would really know, sorry.
>>
>>49232217
>hypnotic' looking doll/puppet?
You could model a dull holding a hypnotic spiral.
Maybe on stilts or on another doll's shoulders for height 2.
>>
File: NerantheScary.jpg (42KB, 667x406px) Image search: [Google]
NerantheScary.jpg
42KB, 667x406px
>>49232697

What about pic related?
>>
>>49232926
More like a scarecrow than anything hypnotic. Maybe something like http://cadwallon.com/dirz-biopsist-1.html
>>
To the anon last thread who asked about scans of Parkers crew cards, I'll take some pics of them in a few hours and upload them for you
>>
>>49229043
Yeah, it and Surprisingly Loyal are my standard upgrades.

Hidden Sniper isn't always going to be used since it needs a ram to even go off, though that's a bit easier now with Terracotta Warriors. He can finish a model off from a weird angle. More importantly, you can drop a scheme marker off the model you shot with a ram and mask. Always a crowd pleaser when plant explosives or set up is in the pool. I've also pulled off a late breakthrough by killing my own death marshal to trigger the scheme marker drop on top of finish the job.

Every game with Lucius comes down to the wire, every win feels earned.
>>
>>49227704

Usually just empty bases.

I got some nice little gravestones I was going to attach to some to use as dedicated Corpse markers, but I ended up using most of them as base decorations for Reva's crew plus Anna.
>>
>>49230987

Not a fan of magic crack hookers?
>>
>>49229759
If he relies on Sebastian for poison damage, prioritize killing him. It's the difference between taking 6 damage from poison each turn or 2.

Models immune to poison are nice. Models with hard to kill can help from getting killed by expunge. Condition removal can be great against nurses and poison.

McMourning can pretty easily kill a model in one activation. Rancid Transplant 3 times into Expunge is disgusting.

And, as always, focus on scoring your VPs
>>
>>49232954

Now that's nice! Shit tons of good miniatures there
>>
File: download.jpg (9KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
9KB, 300x168px
>>49232926
I like it. Maybe add something like pic related.
>>
File: gadus3.jpg (107KB, 945x892px) Image search: [Google]
gadus3.jpg
107KB, 945x892px
>>49233614
Yeah, based Ukranian recasters even put out newer figures in the Rackham style. Though some do raise eyebrows.

As far as the puppets goes, I think that using a standard doll or mannequin and using coffee stirrer stilts might be a possible conversion. Just paint glowy swirls on its face and you should be fine.
>>
How big is Lazarus, at least what sized base is he on?
I'm planning on having Infamy's Futura as a proxy and she around 50 - 60mm tall.
http://www.infamyminiatures.com/shop/ranged-futura
>>
>>49234190
He is on a 40mm and is Ht 3
>>
>>49234190
>>49234503
Though most people think he should be on a 50mm
>>
>>49234503
>>49234522
Uh, the one I ordered came with a 50mm base in the box. I really hope he's not supposed to be on a 40.
>>
>>49234570
look at the corner of the card. It tells you which base size it belongs on.
>>
File: CF_4MHnWIAEg8Ti.jpg (45KB, 600x430px) Image search: [Google]
CF_4MHnWIAEg8Ti.jpg
45KB, 600x430px
>>49234570
Sorry he goes on a 40mm base.
>>
>>49234522
>>49234503
Thanks for that.
Yeah, I think Futura should be fine.

Now I just need to work out if I want Ramos or Levi as my Not! Rotwang.
I think Ramos thematically fits better, whilst Levi has the full Mad Magic-Science.

Or maybe I'll just convert both of them and switch when I want.

>>49234875
>>49235116
I feel stupid, I have honestly never noticed that before.
>>
just played Shenlong for the first time, this bro is fun as hell
side note, what would you say 10T's best henchmen hardcore setup is?
>>
>>49235548
Being another faction. It's the only thing 10T is good at, anyway, you might as well go whole hog.
>>
>>49235507
>I feel stupid, I have honestly never noticed that before.
Don't be, it's wyrd's damn fault for providing you with the wrong base.

For gremlin players, I've noticed a lot of wrong Pere Ravages mounted on a small bases.
>>
File: tech masters.jpg (503KB, 1024x1584px) Image search: [Google]
tech masters.jpg
503KB, 1024x1584px
I'm starting with malifaux, and I'm thorn between those two.

Ramos seems to be easier to learn and run (just sit back and keep spamming spiders/creations, sometimes shoot your ranged stuff, when guy with hammer provides scrap markers).

On the other hand Hoffman have more tricky stuff to do, like upgrading, stat-sharing,healing, detonating scrap markes etc. However he have to stick with his guys, so he's more vunreable if something snipe out his guardians or get into close combat.

The biggest minus for Hoffman is guild emissary - i hate how it looks and not fit for robo-army, when Aranists have(or will soon have) a ass-big robot that would be da best for me.

What should I do?
>>
>>49232998
You're a cool dude
>>
File: hoffman-avatar-of-amalgamation.jpg (85KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
hoffman-avatar-of-amalgamation.jpg
85KB, 600x600px
>>49237363
Play Levi and hire all the robots, then realize Levi is kind of mediocre now and switch to Daw instead because he's bonkers.

Hoff and Ramos are both pretty great, but it's pretty helpful to have at least two or three masters to pick from after you announce your faction. Otherwise, if your only Guild master is Hoffman for example, expect to see a lot of Relic Hammers and anti-armor tech every time you declare Guild.

So if you're trying to decide between Hoffman and Ramos, go with with the faction you think has the coolest masters overall.

Finally, if you can find Hoffman's old avatar model I believe it's a legal proxy for the Emissary and it's way more robotic. It does have a gimpy Hoffman strapped to its arm, but hey that's just a modelling opportunity. Green stuff a cage around it or something.
>>
>>49237363
As an Arcanist, I'd gladly swap emissaries. I get pissed off every time I see the pile of shit we got and remember everyone else got cool things :(
>>
>>49237671
Hey, at least it's not the Hodgepodge Emissary
>>
>>49237437
Here you go friend, should hopefully be able to read it
>>
>>49237747
Ey fuck you mang, I like the Hodgepodge Emissary. Might be because I love the whole western style the most though

>>49237803
Card backs
>>
Does Nekima need the rapid growth upgrade to benefit from the True Mother upgrade, or can they grow without the rapid growth upgrade?
>>
>>49237747
Still better, Arcane's horns and scythes are Hannah-level oversized.
>>
>>49237363
this anon here

I've decided to go with Hoffman, ordered his starter, box of wardens, peacekeeper and ryle.
Next upgrade will probably be something shooty to support that walking blob.
>>
So Malifaux General, I purchased No Shelter Here and Iggy, and I'm looking at playing them next Saturday at my FLGS, any real tips?
>>
>>49239034
Sure, sorrows are alright for your first few games but you'll want to switch them out for something like insidious madnesses or alps or other things that cause more Wp duels. A teddy or two wouldn't be amiss with baby kade either.
I'm not a fan of candy so much, I love the model but I feel she requires too much set up, isn't strong enough to survive and doesn't deal enough damage to keep her in list. Just my experience with her. I like widow weaver a lot better because of how toxic she can make the board.
>>
>>49234875
>>49235116
Goddammit Wyrd. Well, time to see if I have a spare 40mm laying around.
>>
>>49221901
I'm reading through the instruction.

All these female references when talking about "player". Female fanbase is like what? 5%?
Am I being too /pol or is this game infected by sjw propaganda?
>>
>>49239781
you are being too /pol/
>>
>>49239781
This >>49239816
Companies have been alternating pronouns in RPG instruction manuals for over a decade. It's an easy way for a game to feel accessible to said female fan base.
>>
>>49240140
So does wyrd alternate this pronouns in between books from female to male?
>>
>>49239781
There's a bit if sjw in there. Lots of egalitarian strong independent woman stuff.

But it also has zombie hookers, so it's a mixed bag really.
>>
>>49240185
Iirc they don't. All fem verbs all the time.
>>
>>49237803
>>49237813
Parker Barrows, the You Can Never Tak Marker Schemes crew.
Fuck do those marker-related shenanigans look annoying.

Also,
>(2) Run and Gun
Why would you ever not do this?
Focused shot with free mobility/cover pops?

>(0) Blow It To Hell
I get the idea of this ability, but the fluff and crunch is horrendously mis-matched.
It would make far more sense for the effect to be permanent if you're blowing up cover.
Or have it be a stick of dynamite, that will blow up at the end of the turn with Blasts and damage or something.
>>
>>49240617
>Lots of egalitarian strong independent woman stuff.
Ye I kinda relised that the most badass masters tend to be women (Sonnia, LJ)
but also
>zombie hookers, so it's a mixed bag really.

My intention was not to shit on the game itself. Just feels weird to read the female verbs. Maybe it's because 'player' in my native is in male form, and all english manuals I've ever read used male versions too.
>>
>>49240739
Over the last 20 years there's been a shift away from male as the default pronoun in English, so it's moved to books just picking one and going with it, since in theory it doesn't matter which pronoun they used. That hasn't stopped /pol/acks from claiming reverse sexism or cultural marxism or whatever their buzzword is this week.
>>
>>49240720
>Why would you ever not do this?
It eats a card. So it's usually better, but not always
>permanent
It's not permanent for game balance reasons.
>>49240739
I'm a native English speaker and it fucks with my head a bit too.
>>
>>49240810
>Change form from male to female, although it's completely unnecessary
>In the times of SJW and political correctness
>/pol/acks are raging because they always do

I'm sure you enjoy the hobby with your wifes son.
>>
>>49237839
You need rapid growth, otherwise the nephilim won't have the grow/mature abilities to get affected by the upgrade.
>>
Been spending the last few days looking at Malifaux stuff, watching some batreps and getting into the rules both for the game and the rpg.
I really like the models and the setting is something I haven't dabbled into before (Bloodborne and some Lovecraft novels aside).

Als not sure where to start. I like the Gremlins, some Resurrectionist, Ten Thunder and Neverborn stuff. Though I guess with Ten Thunder I can get into the other two factions as well with more ease.

Still, would just getting the starter box be a good idea?
>>
>>49240869
>I'm sure you enjoy the hobby with your wifes son.
Lol'd
>>49240928
If gremlins are your top pick, the starter box won't help that much.
>>
>>49240928
I wouldn't get the starter unless you want Guild or Neverborn or have a m8 to split it with, or you just want to be the demo guy down the road. Rules are free, so picking a crew box and learning from there is usually a good idea.
>>
>>49240819
>It eats a card.
Ah, I can't read, I see.
Well that makes more sense.

>>49240819
>It's not permanent for game balance reasons.
I know that, but to name it as if he is blowing up, or blowing holes in, cover is stupid if it fixes itself as soon as you blow a hole in a new chunk of cover.
>>
>>49240970
I know. And they aren't totally my top pick...with them I'm torn between getting Ulix because he seems fun and Ophelia or Mah Tucket because of green titties and denim shorts.
But I also really enjoy the design on the japanese spirits and also the mostly bizarre Neverborn creatures, so Yan Lo, Asami Tanaka, Jacob Lynch or The Dreamer...
>>
>>49241005
Is it goofy? Yeah, but a lot of marker drops are. Like trees popping out of no where and disappearing or giant blocks of ice melting in seconds.

It's just part of the game.

They could make the makers permanent, buy then he'd be a 13pt model that rarely sees play.
>>
>>49240819
>I'm a native English speaker and it fucks with my head a bit too.
Thank you, I just had to make sure I'm still sane.

Is it still possible to obtain standard decks (pic related)?
I like them the most but all the stores usually have arcanist / black ink ones.
>>
>>49241038
>Yan Lo, Asami Tanaka, Jacob Lynch
Could go ten thunders.
>>
>>49241118
But then again...Green ass and ham...

That why I feel like with the starter might be the option to go with. Ease me into it until I can finally fucking decide which road to take.
>>
>>49241232
It's a powerful draw.
I'd go gremlins then. It's not out of the question to pick up a second or even third+ factions later down the road.

A crew isn't the same sort of financial investment that an army is in 40k.
>>
>>49241108
You mean Arcane. Arcanist decks are what you posted with a blue stripe on back (it was a whole series of faction-colored decks).
>>
>>49241348
Let's say I were to get both the Mah Tucket and the Ophelia box....would Trixiebelle be an acceptable henchwoman for Ophelia? I think she can get a gun upgrade.
>>
>>49241108
Those are the old 1st edition decks, I don't think anyone makes them anymore. You might still find the occasional one laying around a game store or on a website.
>>
>>49241108
You want poorly-advertised third party stores. And if you do get it, sleeve it at once, those cards will show wear in no time.
>>
Realizing that I own a strange number of guild models for someone that's never played guild.

Nellie Box
Resser McM stuff
Wild Ones
Death Marshals for Tara
and the starter stuff

Do I have models for playing any of those masters in guild reasonably well?
>>
>>49241399
I never really liked her, but I've heard other gremlin players rave about her.

Ophelia, and gremlins in general are pretty stronk. You can afford to take a few sub-optimal models for cheese cake purposes.
>>
>>49242303
Nellie is a crazy good master.
Her box plus some random guild models would make for a pretty solid crew.
>>
Been interested in this game since its first edition. Is it too late to get in? How is it compared to Warmahordes and the like?
>>
Creating a character for Through the Breach just for fun right now...Holy fuck that is actually really fun to do. And I love the idea that the talents make good use of your negative stats too.
>>
>>49242859
Why would it be too late?

It's my favorite wargame so far.
When I first started playing it reminded me a lot of MtG, but a war game.

>>49242891
I wasn't too fond of it. I prefer more point buy systems, that let you build a concept, instead of having to revise your concept on the fly, because of flips.
>>
>>49234190
I did that as well, call her Lassarus.
>>
>>49242934
I'm used to point buy too, but this here, for me at least, is a really fun alternative. There is a random element to it, but you still got some freedom on how to allocate those points. And again, thanks to these clever talents (I really really love this), you can still get some good out of the bad stuff.
>>
>>49243172
Derp. For some reason I thought it was in order, alla old school dnd.
>tfw you'll never get to play a Gravedigger/Resser cause you'll be stuck GMing.
>>
>>49243198
Dude, as the FATE MASTER you can be all the gravediggers. That's what the FATE MASTER does.
>>
>>49243261
It's not the same.
You get to be all the characters, but it's dangerous to think of them as "yours" since it leads to DMPCs
>>
>>49243198
Yep. Depending on which version you use, you also get some spare points to add to stats where you wish, to a max of +3 on any of them.
>>
>>49243405
Though while we're talking about Through The Breach, anyone want to hear the saga of The Runaway Arcanist, AKA "The best way to throw a psycho off your trail is to piss off a bunch of other psychos, then they'll be too busy murdering each other to track you down."?
>>
>>49243432
Go for it.
>>
>>49239781
Check out the A Wyrd Place Facebook group and you'll see some intersectionals in action. However, it seems Wyrd throws them some bones as a means to mitigate their outbursts rather than subscribing to the insanity.
>>
>>49239781
>>49243558
So, no, you are not being too /pol/ in raising the question.
>>
>>49243455
While the story is about one specific job, we have to do a little background first. First, the PCs:

Dolores: Medium pursuit, noblelady from Spain with too much time on her hands after being summarily told that she's the owner in name only of her late father's brick factory.
Redson: Guard pursuit, old man with a violent, booze soaked past and a head full of memories he'd rather someone else have.
Cuong Thi Hao: Ghost Eater pursuit, woman who came over the breach at the behest of the Ten Thunders after a particular man trapped between life and death sensed a rare talent in her.
Denn Castel: Amateur monster hunter, his player would have schedule conflicts and drop the game partway through this arc.
Carter Moses: Infiltrator pursuit, street urchin who survives on theft, grift, and making people feel sorry for him. Joins to replace Denn partway through the arc.

The characters are part-time adventurers who operate out of the slums mansion one of them owns, which conveniently has an escape tunnel that dumps you into the Passage district of the Quarantine Zone. They'd done a few trips into the Zone prior to this one, mainly for bounties or similar. This time, though, they didn't have a specific job, they just wanted to wander Cold Street and see what's what until they ran into some small-time highwaymen intent on kidnapping, ransoming, and murdering them ideally in that order. The party, however, got the upper hand on the bandits, and after killing them, found one of their victims in the middle stage of that moneymaking plan. The young woman didn't know where she was, and the tie on her arms was shoddily done to the point that her left arm was turning black. The party, bleeding hearts that they are, brought her back to the mansion and found her a doctor, who gave the news that she would lose the arm. Pulling the group leader, Dolores, aside, he told her that he'd give her a top-of-the-line replacement part if she did a little job for him...
>>
>>49243772
You see, a colleague of his by the name of Mischa Grigoryev stole a valuable schematic whose nature was never explained to the party. It was suspected that he had been doing side jobs for a while, and he viewed it as just an ill-advised attempt to make some cash on his way out. He gave a place, the Cold Street Thieves' Bazaar, as a likely point of sale. With that information, the party packs up and heads out to Cold Street.

The Thieves' Bazaar is less a bazaar and more a general open place where people sell whatever it is they have to survive. Stale food, stagnant bottles of water, and their own bodies are the vast majority of what is bartered here, though sifting through you can find the occasional gem as well. Hao and Dolores both manage to find small grimoires for cheap, it's not likely the owners knew what they had. Redson, on the other hand, finds a helmet that isn't shiny or new, but will work to protect his head. After their light personal shopping, Dolores starts asking about valuable schematics, which draws the wrong kind of attention. Three men approach the group and begin to conversate:

Wastrel:"So I've heard, that we have a mutual acquaintance. A Mister Grigoryev." A man swaggers towards you, four of his friends flanking him, all manner of improvised weapons in their hands. The leader has a bat with nails driven into it, another has a set of brass knuckles, a third has a lead pipe. And so on.
Dolores looks between the three, not in cover. She lets out a sniff. "Well, acquaiantance is a... strong word. But yes."
Wastrel: "He offer to sell you a particular set of blueprints?" They stop advancing, content to talk for now.
Dolores: "Not as of yet he hasn't." She smiles slightly. "Though that is why we're looking for him, in fact."
Wastrel: "Well, ain't that a fancy fuckin coincidence. So not only has he backed out of our deal, we got someone else looking for these blueprints too."
>>
>>49243922
The wastrel spits. "This business deal is getting a little crowded. I think it's time to get a little breathing room back in it.", and the fight ensues. It goes pretty badly for them, all things considered. Hao and Denn make short work of one flank, while Redson and Dolores hold the other with spirits and heavy armor. They do get enough good hits in to scare the party, but they fall soon enough. Redson, hoping to maybe shed a little less blood, offers to let the last surrender and receives a "Fuck you old man" for his trouble. Unfortunately, with them dead the Bazaar itself is a dead lead, though the fact that he'd tried to sell it to those men and backed out gives an idea of what's going on. The party returns to the mansion to strategize and give Redson some time to stuff as much rich people food as he can into his pockets. Kate has insisted on working for Dolores as repayment for the rescue and pneumatic arm, and nervously delivers tea and biscuits to the group. It's here that Dolores comes up with one of her worst ideas to date.

You see, if he'd ghosted on these guys, maybe someone else would be looking for the schematic too, and could be drawn out by spreading rumors that they had bought the schematic. Then they could beat up the callers and figure out where they had seen Mischa last. The group gets to work spreading these rumors around Cold Street. It's early evening when the plan works. The group rounds a corner, to be met by a fifteen-foot tall monstrosity of rotting flesh and pneumatics, an aethervox strapped to his shoulder. The Aethervox crackles to life: "Greetings, I have heard that you are in possession of a particular schematic? I'm Professor Albus von Schtook, Dean of the University of Transmortis."
>>
>>49243772
>>49243922
>>49244038
Tldr
Learn to green text.
>>
>>49244038
Redson freaks the fuck out over the sheer size of the undead monstrosity, while the Aethervox crackles on: "I have need of them to help unravel the mysteries of science and medicine, so if you'd be so kind as to hand them over. Of course, unless you're interested in assisting me? We offer a number of high-level courses, and of course we're in the middle of a scholarship drive if you're interested..."

Dolores tries to smooth things out: "Ah, I'm a bit afraid to say I don't have them ON me; they're at my domicile..."

Von Schtook cuts her off. "Well, I'm afraid I've waited long enough for them. Gilford, bring them to me in whatever state is convenient to you." The aethervox crackles off, and the monstrosity roars. The party decides that this is not a fight they can win, and splits up to confuse it:

Dolores gets off the luckiest of the group, running into some friendly mercenaries. Their leader and self-styled gentleman, Dexter Holloway, offers to escort Dolores back to safety.

Hao, meanwhile, is being directly chased by Gilford. She slips onto the roof of a row of townhouses while the monster hurls chunks of brick and mortar after her. She manages to avoid the worst of the attack, but still gets the breath knocked out of her by a few stray bricks. She narrowly manages to shake the monstrosity and make it back to the meeting place.

Redson escaped the monster's view, but ran through the lair of an amateur necromancer instead. Dodging the various swipes of mindless undead takes his breath, but he manages to finally scrabble over the wall to safety.

>>49244078
I'll do a tl;dr at the end.
>>
>>49243130
>Lassarus
You lad.

>>49239781
>>49243558
>Wyrd throws them some bones as a means to mitigate their outbursts rather than subscribing to the insanity.

It does seem to be this rather than full infestation.
It's not like the big slices of cheesecake in the rule books are pandering to the disruptive element.
>>
>>49244078
Dude, it's a storytime; they're often too detailed to get across in condensed greentext, extending them out isn't a major thing on /tg/. Calm yourself.
>>
>>49244078
>>49244288
>Dude, it's a storytime
Agreed - it's actually quite nice to have a bit more chunky content in the thread.

>>49244038
>>49244189
Proceed, FateMaster.
>>
>>49244189
With THAT lead well and truly shot, Hao gets her own vengeance by punching Dolores a few times before they go their separate ways for the evening. Redson decides to take a shortcut back home through the slums. While there, an orphan boy no older than fourteen stops him to ask for any coin he can spare. Redson, pragmatic soul that he is, asks him if he's heard anything about a man who stole some schematics. The orphan, lying, tells him he's heard of that and knows a place where he might have been seen. Leading on, the kid leads Redson into the alley...and into three men with weapons. Savvy on current events as they are, they inform Redson of the new 'walking tax' in Malifaux. If you pay the tax, you get to keep walking. The man with the 2x4 full of nails seems to be the one in charge of enforcing this tax.

Despite the stereotypes, however, the orphan had not intended to actually lead Redson into a trap. And so when the big man with the plank ignores a bullet from Redson and charges, Carter sends a knife sailing through the air into his arm. The moment of distraction is all Redson needs to smash the butt of his rifle into the man's chin and send him sprawling. The other two leap up, but Carter and Redson send them sprawling and bloody quickly enough. Carter apologizes for the accident and deception, and Redson, head full of regrets as it is, offers him a job.
>>
>>49244334
Back at the Mansion, Dolores and Hao are discussing leads they've found over tea. Redson arrives, child in tow, and Dolores is a hair's breadth from asking her head butler to arrange for adoption paperwork. While discussing the new addition (and making Hao angrier and angrier), they decide a change in tack is in order. Rather than following leads in the Zone, they'll try to retrace his steps back in the city proper. A few hours of searching and they find a workshop he used for freelance work, and a bar he liked to frequent.

The workshop is first, and with a little social magic from Dolores, gives them the key to the room so Mischa's 'next of kin' can clear it out. There's a number of toolkits in the room for any number of practical or mad science uses. While the group can't make heads or tails of them, a logbook of Mischa's work does give a better idea of what happened. He kept his jobs for the Union and his freelance jobs separate, and his last Union job was nearly two months ago. Conversely, his last freelance job was three weeks ago, about the time of the theft. There's a pair of initials, T.L., and a location: Scapetown, in the Quarantine Zone. Dolores decides to grab a bunch of cool-looking tools for decorations and it's on to the bar.

The Toad's Rest is a dingy old bar, likely named for the fact that its proprietor has the face of a toad himself. Dolores busts out the charm, netting herself information and free drinks for herself for the night. Hao asks for Sake, but the proprietor gives her Sochu instead. Carter and Redson get beers, and the information starts to flow.
>>
>>49244477
The bartender notes that a few weeks ago, 'Greg' comes in out of the blue about half an hour before closing, and pays off his entire tab. It was about a week before the end of the month, but the bartender was fine with him squaring up the tab early. What put the encounter to stranger places was the three Union men who came in two nights later. The men, 'night-work types' as the bartender describes them, interrogated him for some time about whether 'Greg' had been there in the last twenty-four hours. Since the tab was paid 48 hours ago, he had to tell them no. And now they have a real puzzle: Whatever his last job was, he stole the schematics both after the job itself and after settling his affairs. With no other leads, the party charters a boat to Scapetown.

With nothing but the initials of the job, they manage to find a likely source. T.L. Is Theodore Langstrom, a purveyor of mostly fake artifacts and curios in the district. Langstrom recognizes the name of Mischa Grigoryev, but offers a trade for the information. See, some men he had hired were in a contract dispute with him over payment. He, of course, was in the right and the men were greedy, so if they stole the goods from the adventurers he'd tell them all he knew. Seeming simple enough, the group departs for the warehouses along the canals. Finding the men playing cards and approaching with guns drawn, the adventurers insist that there's more to the story than Teddy is willing to tell them. Redson gives them the benefit of the doubt, and their boss comes out to explain the whole story.
>>
>>49244277
>It's not like the big slices of cheesecake in the rule books are pandering to the disruptive element.
Yea, I'm not saying you have to grow a vagina to even play this game. I'm just worried because you give a finger, you lose a hand.

>>49241473
>>49241446
>>49241380
Thanks, although
>sleeve it at once, those cards will show wear in no time.
New decks have a visibly better quality?
Are they more plastic like?
>>
>>49244667
It's honestly not that unusual of a story. They were hired to move a crate, got half up front, but when time came to get the other half Teddy got evasive, so they just held on to the crate until he paid up. Returning to TL, he insists that the contract was on his side when it came to payment, so Hao asks to see it due to having ranks in Bureaucracy. The contract itself is a mess. For one, the word 'delivery' is misspelled, and besides, if the contract has problems you have to deal with those before signing contracts. It becomes obvious that the shopkeep has no idea what he's talking about, so out come the weapons and threats. He folds, telling them everything he knows:

He hired Mischa for a job involving a small obsidian statue that's said to have powers over the flow of time, and while Mischa left, he never returned, so TL just wrote him off as dead and moved on with his life. With a new wrinkle in the case, the group prepares to board the boat back to the mansion. But nothing is ever that easy, and Hao seems to disappear on the way back. When the boatman points that out, a young woman wearing an asian-style mask appears seemingly from thin air to assure them that Hao is doing a favor for her uncle, and will be returned to them shortly. Dolores takes all of it in stride (except for the part where she asked the girl's name and the girl just replied 'No.'), and get on the boat. Midway through the boat ride, a ghostly, damp hand grabs onto the side of the boat, stopping it cold in the river, and an echoing voice rises from the water. "BRADY REDSON, YOU KILLED ME."

And now I have to take a break for a few hours, we'll pick back up when I get back to my computer.
>>
Global Event rules are up.

http://www.wyrd-games.net/divergent-paths
>>
>>49244888
Neat. No story encounters yet.
>>
>>49221901
Do you guys use lots of green stuff?

When i checked some guy unboxing and putting some crews together it seems like some models need it A LOT.

I'm worried because not only I'm an unexperienced painter I never used any sculpting gugu in my life.
>>
>>49245195
Some of the bigger models have visible seems. Filling in cracks is pretty easy, but you shouldn't need to do it to often unless you're trying to customize your models.

I usually use greenstuff to create mud for my gremlin's bases.
>>
File: Middle_finger.png (154KB, 543x566px) Image search: [Google]
Middle_finger.png
154KB, 543x566px
Dear Wyrd,

Fuck you and whoever okay'd the mold for Dead Doxies.
>>
>>49245306
I'm talking purely about hiding defects. Customization is way beyond my level.

And as I never really dealt with plastic models put from pieces, (all my experience so far comes from 1 piece models), I don't know how much does it influence the miniature effect.

Picture as an example. Dr. Grimwell is relatively small but his coat and arm connection looks like a no-go without greenstuff.
>>
>>49245366
lol
Wyrd seriously needs to work on thier molds. The models are good, but whever decided that microscopic peices and infentestimal attachment points was a good idea needs to stop huffing glue.
>>
>>49245403
Jeez. That is pretty bad.
>>
Anyone here have a picture of the new Arcanist upgrades they can pass on? I don't care about the Sandeep ones, just the others.
>>
>>49245520
I think they're in the last thread.
>>
>>49245451
And that's from the blog of a guy that opened, put together and photographed like 80% of the crews.

I have no idea how my would look like.
>>
>>49245732
Makes me glad I got a lot of models in metal.

I assembled a Mei Feng grew for a friend, and I don't remember the lines being that bad. Just small and fiddly.
>>
>>49242303
I hear Nellie + Hannah + Marshals is strong. Pick up some Guild Hounds (and maybe Austringers) and you should also be able to play McCabe/Rollins pretty well too.
>>
>>49245845
Well, there are some points in favor of new plastics. Subjectively.
>>
>>49245982
I like a lot of the older ones poses. I sort of prefer relaxed as opposed to dynamic.

The plastic comes out a lot sharper though.
>>
>>49237803
>>49237813
Thanks! Also, damn, I forgot how crazy Brackett's gun is. Pushing someone up to 12" with his Rapid Fire sounds really dumb.

Bandidos look a little squishy, but I guess they've got a good disengage and drop what might just end up being dynamite when they die.

Doc's flintlock looks terrible but hilarious. I'd need to play with him, but he seems kinda underwhelming.
>>
>>49237803
I'm seriously dreading taking Titania when I play outcasts, Parker and his crew frightens me with the scheme marker fuckery.
I guess I should be happy, my local meta has one outcast player who's not interested in picking him up at the moment.
>>
>>49246139
Bullet Proof and the not Squeel seem like they'll help.

I like Doc he sort of looks a bit like the Copy Cat, pretty solid damage spread for a totem. The heals look handy too. For three soulstones, I'd probably take him a lot.
>>
>>49246139
>Pushing someone up to 12" with his Rapid Fire sounds really dumb.
I don't think that's going to work out with a range of 10.
>>
>>49246204
The Copycat can focus his shot, though. Mitchell is stuck at regular Sh 4 unless you get a modifier from somewhere else.
>>
>>49246191
The new set do seem to introduce some absolute hard counters to various Masters, which I don't like.

Parker Vs Colette is going to be utterly ridiculous, for example.
>>
>>49246389
If they're in range on the last attack, nothing stops you from shooting them the last 4" away. Just stop the penultimate push at 10" if they'd go past that.

So if something's within 2" and not engaged you could absolutely push them the full 12".
>>
>>49246389
>>49246542
And it says up to, so you can really just push them up to 10"+4"
>>
>>49246531
Nothing's forcing you to litter the board with markers as Colette,

You can skip the scheme shenanigans and just use Colette + Howard/Joss/Duet to make pretty short work of most things in Parker's crew, and between Disappearing Act and Seduction you've got plenty of useful ways to blow up any markers Parker makes you drop.

On the other hand, Brackett can blow the hell out of Howard's steam cloud. Wrap your head around that.
>>
>>49246542
If they are exactly two inches away and unengaged. But that's not likely to happen a whole lot.

Kind of wish the low damage was 2. Then you could fire indiscriminately at combats and either hit the opposing models or push your stuff out for a wound, if they've got bulletproof.
>>
>>49246613
Well you can't push them 14" because you've only got three 4" pushes, but if they didn't start extremely close they'll probably end up 14" away if all three shots connect.

Then again, if all three shots connect you're likely to end up with a corpse marker 14" away from you instead of an enemy model.
>>
>>49244765
>New decks have a visibly better quality?
>Are they more plastic like?
Yes. I use the retro deck and it's pretty much armor plate, Bad Ink looks lighter but plasticky too. The old faction-stripe decks you posted were card.
>>
>>49246744
You can push them until they're up to 10 inches away, stopping the push before they go past 10 inches, and then you can give it another 4 inches. In practice this might mean you only push them 10-11 inch instead of the ideal 12, but that's still a result.
>>
>>49246744
Yeah. 12 inches of push, is sort of secondary to a minimum of 9 damage (sans armor).

Could be fun to shoot some of your own dudes last turn for some finish the job scheme markers.
>>
>>49246893
Your own dudes are bulletproof, so it might take two or three shot to actually take them down. Even if you can't kill them, though, shooting them into position for Life of Crime might be a thing.
>>
>>49246990
Def a trick to remember.
>>
File: 20120725_160840.jpg (195KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
20120725_160840.jpg
195KB, 1024x768px
>>49246758
This one?
If so, too bad. As much as i appreciate high quality, the art looks like a regular deck of cards to me (with adjusted suits).
The only thing that could somehow justify paying 12$ for a deck of cards is a nice art.
>>
>>49247146
Yes. I love it. I want utilitarian and like the classic style.
>>
>>49247146
When they first came out I was stoked.
Now I'm less interested and prefer the old style art.
>>
>>49247381

I want the Adepticon deck. Can't find it anywhere though.
>>
>>49247567
Pics?
>>
OK I'm confused now.
There are faction specific decks, which can be found for example in starter kit.
One for neverborn and one for guild, with faction logos on the backs.

And then there are these old ones with Malifaux writing on the back, which someone in this thread called faction decks.

Is it just the one is 1st and the other 2nd edition deck?
>>
>>49246758
What about Arcane decks quality? Also paper-ish?
From this three; bad ink, retro, arcane, I'd probably choose the arcane one as long as it's not too squishy.
>>
>>49247743
The decks in the starter set do not have any equivalent for non-guild/neverborn players.
>>
>>49247720
>>
>>49248861
>>
>>49248881
>Crows
>King isn't Nico
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
>>
>>49248881
Kirai a cute
>>
>>49249054
Molly's not bad either.
>>
Anybody have fun hardcore henchmen lists?

I was thinking about:
Sebastian
Flesh Construct
Flesh Construct
Flesh Construct

For a wall of meat list
>>
>>49249732
The Captain
-Warding Runes
Patron's Blessing

Oxfordian Mage
-Doom Ward
-Temporary Shielding

Oxfordian Mage
-Nemesis Ward
-Temporary Shielding

Oxfordian Mage
-Blood Ward
-Temporary Shielding

This is one I want to try some time
The Valedictorian

Madam Sybelle
-Bleeding Tongue
-Not Too Banged Up

Rotten Belle

Rotten Belle (or maybe a Nurse)
>>
>>49249732
Ototo
Sidir
Kang
Clockwork Trap

And then you just punch shit.

Huggy
-Addict+Recalled Training/Misdirection
Illuminated
Illuminated
Shadow Effigy
>>
>>49247567
I got one on ebay. It's all about being in the right place at the right time bro.
>>
>>49250604
>>49250259
>>49249732
Mad Dog
Bandito
Bandito
Lazarus

All the bullets and 'splosions
>>
>>49250604
Ama no Zako

Yasunori
-Hidden Agenda

Obsidian Oni

Clockwork Trap

A fun little Oni list.
>>
holy shit neverborn is coming out of the woodwork in my meta after I played my Lilith grow list last week. I think people are gonna be riding that train until divergent paths is over....Thinking I may need to roll out one of the other factions to represent.
>>
What's a good way to start a Mei Feng crew?
>>
>>49251679
The box set.
>>
>>49251679
What do you want the crew to do? Everything Mei Feng does is done better by another Master.
>>
>>49251690
I figured that was a given.

>>49251706
No idea. Friend is interested and deadset on Mei Feng but I've never bothered with Ten Thunders or Arcanists. So no real idea what's she's capable of.
>>
>>49251472
Pretty stoked to see the encounters.

Gunna make some hardcore henchmen lists and try and rope some friends into the game.
>>
>>49251728
She's a brawler who can jump into a good pack of weak enemies and put a decent hurt (but generally not a kill) on each of them, and has some weak defense vs. casting and shooting. She can get wherever she wants to, if you tailor the entire crew around her ability to Railwalk. Does your friend want to go Ten Thunders, or Arcanists, going ahead?

For some context, I chose Mei as my first option because I was torn between TT and Arcanists, and have regretted it ever since.
>>
>>49251728
I'm just giving you shit.

honestly your friend needs to first figure out if they want to play arcanist mei or 10T Mei, as they can bring similar things but Arcanist Mei is defiantly stronger with the ability to add the mech rider and Ramos' spiders to the crew.
>>
>>49251777
Toshiro's summoning and Obsidian Oni make up for the lack of Mech Rider and ramos' Spiders, I'd say.
>>
>>49251755
>>49251777

Leaning more towards the TT side of things.
>>
>>49251837
I'd say you are wrong, because of the wide array of things Mech rider can summon but Toshiro is fun to use. I enjoy him in ressers myself.

>>49251874
Then he probably wants to roll with some foundry stuff first.
Rail golem, Rail workers, Kang, Metal gamin, and mechanical porkchop all fall in under that. after all that things like Toshiro, Snipers, Sensei Yu, can all help him make the crew better.
>>
>>49251874
You want Toshiro the Daimyo, Obsidian Oni, and Komainu. You'll never be hiring the Komainu. They're just going to exist to be summoned.

Get Tengu for scheme runners. They get the job done. Trust me.

Get the generic upgrades. Mei Feng wants Misdirection, and Recalled Training with her moves things from 'a little bit of hurt on a bunch of dudes' to 'where'd anything in a 2" radius from Mei go?" for anything other than specifically tanky models.

Sensei Yu is great with her, but he comes with another, better master, so he's probably out. The Shadow Effigy is a good stand-in, if you have infinite money. You probably don't have infinite money.

The Mechanical Porkchop looks great for her, but I never personally tried it. The Rail Golem is a problem solver, especially with Recalled Training, but 11(12) stones for one slow model is steep.

Don't get Metal Gamin. Just don't. They're not worth even their low cost anymore. Rail Workers are 1 stone more and do infinitely better, especially when you combine their Implacable Assault with Toshiro's aura - they hurt, and cost more AP to take down than they're worth. Metal Gamin can't really do that.
>>
>>49251933
>>49251956

I'll throw that recommendations over to them then. Thanks for the tips.
>>
I'm thinking about doing a campaign crew building up to Jack Daw and focusing on the Crossroads Seven.

Thinking either Hannah, Alyce, or Ama No Zako with Lust, Envy, and a Guilty with the upgrade that increases aura size. Any recommendations?
>>
File: ObsOni.png (1MB, 674x982px) Image search: [Google]
ObsOni.png
1MB, 674x982px
>>49251933
>I'd say you are wrong, because of the wide array of things Mech rider can summon but Toshiro is fun to use. I enjoy him in ressers myself.
Keep in mind that in GG2016, the scheme marker shenanigans aren't as useful, and Toshiro can still summon Ashigaru off of Corpse markers, meaning that you get use out of everything that dies, not just constructs. Also, again, Obsidian Oni. This motherfucker right here singlehandedly makes Mei and Toshiro better.

Also, remember that a lot of your shit keys off Burning. Your Emberling is a crew enabler. Consider finding another one.
>>
>>49252056
what is it that makes obsidian Oni so good with toshiro?
>>
>>49252150
Flames from the Heavens' built in trigger combined with Toshiro's summoning. Also, Tosh tends to take a lot of damage, but it's all Weak, so the (0) is great for him.

Side note: Nothing beats making the opponent flip five cards, take the lowest, for damage.
>>
>>49251991
Toshiro, Emissary, Obsidian Oni and Komainu are basically a must have. The rest is fairly optional.The porkchop is also great, but it would mean he has to go out of his way to get non-TT shit. Get the Effigy, too, because it's great for its cost. So that's...
Toshiro - 10
Emissary - 10
Kang - 9
Obsidian Oni - 6
Effigy - 4
Emberling - 3
For 42 SS. And then just fill it up with upgrades. Or if you don't think you need Kang you can always turn him into two rail workers or a sniper and a rail worker or whatever. The Emissary drops one scrap a turn so turn one you'll already be at 8 activations so youll be fine. It might lack some healing, but..

>>49252150
Look at the built in trigger at Flames From the Heavens
>>
>>49252150
>>49252183
Also as minions they benefit from Toshiro's shenanigans.

I've learned that the Flay trigger and high min damage are your friends against him. Eaten alive by terror tots, bloated stench? just makes me bleed on you more or Nekima though she's almost over kill.
>>
>>49252247
>I've learned that the Flay trigger and high min damage are your friends against him.
As someone doing a campaign with him as the leader, I can personally attest that Guild and their fucking Critical Strike on everything are even worse.
>>
>>49252260
That counts with the whole high minimum damage.
>>
>>49252260
Ha! I was just thinking about Lucius gunline borrowing Guild Riflemen, though they have plenty of even scarier things.
>>
>>49252320
The two crews I'm dealing with right now are Thematic Ortegas and Captain Dashel Focus Party with Austringer support. Fuck basically all of that?
>>
>>49252194
Why the Emissary? I get that he's generally pretty good, but it seems like a lot of ss spent on him, Toshiro and Kang
>>
anyone help with a pariah of iron leviticus list? I know you can bring literally any construct but I find myself currently paralyzed with choice.
I've got:
> Levi box
>Desolation engine, ashes and dust, 2 coryphee, 2 teddies, 2 large arachnids, a warden, a guardian, a watcher, a peacekeeper, howard langston, joss, 4 stitched together, mech rider, steam arachnids, metal gamin, rail workers, Lazarus,& Ryle
I've also got just a shitload of outcasts stuff, and some plans to buy some soulstone miners with the next paycheck.
>>
>>49251874
There's a fun but gimmicky 10T Mei list where you run Mei + Emberling + Emissary + Toshiro + optionally a Mech. Porkchop. That's two or three models that generate scrap just by existing, really, and then Toshiro does his best to re-animate it as Komainu.

Then just bring, like, any three other minions to enjoy the buffs Toshiro and the Emissary throw out. The Daimyo's Price + Dragon's Breath will turn pretty much anything into a wrecking ball.
>>
>>49246139
Something to remember with Doc's gun which is kind of funny, it specifies he dies if he fires it in his activation. This means if you use Parker to command Doc to shoot, he doesn't die, although I have no idea why you would when there's so many better choices (Brackett, I use Convict Gunslingers which are nice)
>>
Can Leveticus do all strats and schemes well? I'm a resser, but I've been realizing that he's the only "resser" master I really want to main
>>
>>49253979
It's not a great list, but I'd want to run Langston, Killjoy, and a Teddy. To just stomp around with big killy monsters.
>>
>>49256358
Pretty much. He can be mobile, he can be killy, he can summon, and he can hire all undead or constructs in addition to the usual Outcast fare.

He got nerfed a bit, so he's not god tier any more, but he's still one of the better masters out there.

In b4 Levecrutch tears
>>
>>49256731
Was the nerf just his cache? I mean, I know that's big, but it seems like it could be worse.
>>
>>49256753
Channel was the big one. It used to be take damage to get + to all flips on your next action, meaning if you charged it was + to attack and damage on both attacks. Now it's take 2 damage to gain Focus +1, so it's only the first attack.
>>
>>49256753
His channel got changed to focus. So he can't one-round every model in the game, just weakened or low wound/high defense/defensive abilities.
>>
>>49256778
>>49256771
Ah, I guess that is pretty big
>>
>>49226945
Differing henchman from recruits sounds like an interesting gimmick for a campaign, if I'm being honest.

As for a potential tourney list, nothing comes to mind - maybe Viktoria of Blood + As many neverborn mimics as possible for a kind of thematic list?
>>
>>49241108
Why is Titania on these cards again? I didn't know that she existed in the fluff until recently.
>>
>>49256867
I think Titanias design was just based off the red joker artwork, I doubt they've been planning on including her since those cards came out in malifaux first edition.
>>
Since there are several people with opinions on Levi in the thread, I'm trying to build a leviticus list. I'm fucking paralyzed by choice on it. I want to use the paraiah of iron upgrade, but the more I use it the more I feel like I need some of Levi's "Thematic" pieces (ashes and dust, rusty alice, Aboms, ect) what do you guys consider the best build option for him excluding pariah of bone.
>>
>>49257290
Pariah of Iron has some standout choices, mostly Arcanists.

Joss for handling armor/Df triggers/hard to kill, Howard for general mayhem, Mech Rider for winning (marker spam and summoning), etc
>>
>>49257453
I own all of those, again I feel my problem is that I have so many options I start building one direction then realize I don't have enough stones to bring everything I want to. I know like the main reason I want Pariah of Iron is Mech rider, but after I've taken her what else should I consider? A bunch of things seem to work really well with levi but all of them are in the 10+ range and the more I consider them the more I feel like I'm losing focus and synergy, again I feel like there is almost too much choice.
>>
So, I've played two games with Parker last night and love him as much as I do the Viks. So I'm kicking von Schill and Jack Daw out the bed.

Anyone interested in a limited edition non-vintage Von Schill stat card? I'm considering putting up an ebay lot for the Daw stuff if I can figure out a safe way to ship it all out, but a single card should be easy.
>>
>>49257594
Pick them based on what you want them to do. Joss and Leve have some overlap, so unless you're going up against Arcanists you can probably leave him alone. Howard is a general murderbot.

You could do Howard, Alyce, Mech Rider, some runners/support and leave Leve as mop up. Sub in Joss/A&D/Lazarus as needed.
>>
File: IMG_20160909_113349198_resized.jpg (76KB, 816x612px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160909_113349198_resized.jpg
76KB, 816x612px
>>49257819
Oh and this is what it looks like.
>>
Where do people tend to set up trades for Malifaux?
>>
>>49253786
Kang's the one that's optional. It's just that in this list, you'll be at 9 activations turn 2, so it's fine to take this many big units. And really, the Shadow Emissary is great. The -1 Df for each burning helps, naturally, but more importantly;
(0) Deconstruction: Push this model up to 3" in any
direction, then place a Scrap Marker in base contact
with it. Until the end of the Turn, friendly Leaders
which target the Scrap Marker with an Action gain +6
Ca for the duration of the Action.

So that's a free railwalk and instant Komainu, which you'll be able to pull off at least turn 1 and 2.

And generally speaking, every TT master "needs" either the Shadow Emissary or Yu.

McCabe, Mei Feng and Shenlong do great with the Shadow Emissary. Yan, Misaki, Lynch and again Shenlong do great with Yu.
>>
>>49257946
The Wyrd forums are the best place to go. Sometimes anons might ask for things. Like I sold a Bayou Gremlin alternate sculpt to gremlinanon.
>>
>>49244776
Okay, finally have some time to finish the story. Typing up now in notepad.
>>
>>49257290
If you're running Alyce, Necropunks make great scheme runners. They're cheap and can heal up after Alyce hands out reactivate. With leap and two activations they can be all over the place.
>>
>>49258062
"BRADY REDSON, YOU KILLED ME." The clammy hands of a Drowned pulls himself onto the boat, while spectral chains wrap around Redson's throat. Dolores, Carter, and Redson struggle to hurt it, but the close quarters of the boat force Dolores to reach deep within and tear the spirit of a soldier still loyal to her family from her own flesh, the halberdier assisting with putting the drowner down. The damage to the boat is considerable, and the boatman pulls to the side to see if the boat can be repaired. Landing on the bank of the river, the group sees numerous tiny, red eyes watching patiently. The boatman swears. "Oh no. Oh no no no. We're in the Warrens."

Meanwhile, in the Barrows district, Hao shoots some mercenaries, receives appropriately cryptic messages from Toshiro and Chiaki, then is hurled into a magical gust of wind and thrown across the city to her 'friends' who are now in the Warrens.
>>
>>49257977
>(0) Deconstruction: Push this model up to 3" in any
>direction, then place a Scrap Marker in base contact
>with it. Until the end of the Turn, friendly Leaders
>which target the Scrap Marker with an Action gain +6
>Ca for the duration of the Action.
That seems like it was an oversight on the designers part. The ability is pretty huge, and it means that they aren't really going to be able to release any TT masters that work heavily with scrap counters.
>>
>>49258385
You can only use that upgrade with Mei Feng.
>>
>>49258292
Redson uses his knowledge of the Quarantine Zone to know that being here is really really bad, and to make things worse, the most direct path back to their tunnel entrance would force them to go through the notoriously jumpy Guild patrols in the western Warrens. (For those without Under Quarantine, there's a sinkhole that the guild decided was a good spot to dump all of the people who died of the Piper's Plague, only to later realize 'Hey, there's a lot of Necromancers in this part of town, won't one of them just have an instant army if they come by here?' So now there's a permanent guard patrol by the Plague Pit, with orders to shoot any human they see not wearing Guild colors on sight).

This leaves the Forlorn district as their route back home. The Forlorn district was once the home of Nicodem's hidden observatory, but during the Event, he was forced to collapse it in an attempt to kill the pursuing Lady Justice. The result was a noxious fog that chokes a lot of the district, driving men insane if they're exposed to it for too long. Only the nicest things in the Quarantine Zone.

So, with a route selected, the group heads south into Forlorn, fighting their way through the ravenous rats. The boatman elects to stay behind and try to fix his boat, leaving the party to themselves.
>>
>>49258433
Hours of rat-based violence later, the architecture changes to baroque, empty townhouses and a pale fog fills several low spots in alleys and roads ahead. The Forlorn district. Some wandering among the safe paths (helpfully painted onto signs for the most part) and there's a ladder to the top of a townhouse block.

Following the rickety paths, they soon come across a pair of women sitting by a campfire. One is wearing a travel duster, her right hand twisted and claw shaped, her skin pale. Her companion is wearing a stained and tattered dress and is staring off into the sky, unaware of anyone's presence except her companion's. The woman introduces herself as Tara, and asks if any of them have seen a man by the name of Mischa Grigoryev. He stole something important to her, you see.
>>
>>49258420
My mistake. I thought it was general since they were talking about it in a crew led by Toshiro.
>>
>>49258611
N'aah, a crew led by Mei Feng. Toshiro's the de facto leader, but Mei Feng is the official Master.
>>
>>49257977
I'm wondering, would the Terracotta Soldiers be at all worth it for Mei when they come out?
>>
>>49257835
10-4
>>
>>49258528
Some small talk later, and Tara reveals that Mischa stole a statue from her, one made of obsidian with the power to alter the flow of time. To make matters worse, once she picked up the trail, she started getting jumped by various groups who were chasing Mischa for the schematic he stole. Clever bastard pissed off so many people that they started fighting each other over scraps of information to track him down, killing his trail. Still, to an expert tracker like Tara and with a little help from void zombies from the future, they had a solid lead on his trail and tracked him down to Forlorn. In the interest of saving time, Dolores suggests they split the remaining locations between them, and just make sure that Dolores' team walks away with the schematic and Tara walks away with the statue.

Splitting up, the team searches through the locations on Tara's map. They strike gold when they find one of the townhouses booby trapped. They attempt to sneak into the house, but unfortunately Redson and Dolores are something less than subtle, and the slam of the back door is dwarfed by the sound of a huge construct powering up: the fruit of the stolen schematic's design. The battle is short but bloody, with the construct dealing significant damage to the group while Hao and one of Dolores' new spirits ripping it to shreds in return.
>>
>>49258723
No. Their use comes from the ability to absorb damage and the ability to swap Limited upgrades around. They might make a good Misdirection lackey, but that's about it.
>>
>>49258528
>>49258867
> Literally stealing from a Master
> That master is Tara

The sheer balls on this guy, though.
>>
>>49258867
With the last obstacle removed between them and Mischa, they follow into the alley where the rogue Arcanist is cornered. He turns to face them, speaking with a thick accent of his homeland. "So, who was it that sent you for my head?"

Dolores scoffs. "Well, we weren't ORIGINALLY going to take your head, but after all the trouble you put us through?"

Mischa laughs. "Well, it seems my run is at an end one way or another. Come then!" Hao is moving before he finishes speaking, firing a slug from her shotgun into the man's arm, his arcane defenses only slowing it down. He takes the opportunity to bolster them further with an Armor spell, and flings a bolt of lightning at Hao. She ducks it, sending it to impact harmlessly on the sides of a nearby building. The rest of the group advances up the alleyway to better fighting positions.

Hao puts another slug into the mage, and he responds desperately, blasting Redson and Hao with a mighty crack of thunder, before pulling out the coveted statue. He raises it into the air, and the orphan Carter is erased from existence. Dolores screams in rage, while Redson and Hao focus their fury on destroying the man before him. A few more moments of fighting and Dolores' spirit transforms into a twisting maw, shearing the man's legs from his body. Redson himself has the honor of the killing shot, piercing the man's heart with a bullet. The alley goes still, with only the sound of Dolores' sobs echoing from the cobbled walls as she kicks the corpse of the man who put them through so much.

Meanwhile, in the Void...
>>
>>49259064
Carter feels himself floating in a warm sea the color of pitch. Above him, the sky is pockmarked by tens of millions of dying stars, the night sky the same color as the ocean he floats in. And he floats, feeling his sense of self diminish in this endless ocean of black as the days turn into weeks, which turn into months, which approach a year, when...
*POP*

Carter is back on the cold cobbled stones of the alley in Forlorn, hearing Dolores' wordless shrieks of anguish as she savages the cooling body nearby. The rest turn to look...and mob the bewildered child (Dolores now soaking him in Mischa's blood while she's at it). Pulling the schematic and the statue from the body, they return to the meeting place. Tara and Karina meet them soon after, Karina staring intently at Carter.

While Tara and Dolores make small talk about the job, Karina is tugging on Tara's duster. "He's seen it. He's seen it Tara!" "I know hun, I know, we'll talk with him after business." Carter, not used to all of the attention he's been getting these past few days, just goes quiet. With business settled Tara motions for Carter to talk to her in private.

"So." Tara leads. "You saw it, didn't you. That endless ocean under an inferno of dying stars. How long?"

Carter shakes his head. "Felt like a year."

Tara nods. "I spent a few hundred down there. Karina here...well at least twice what I did. It's called the Void, and it's all there is beyond here." She smiles ruefully. Karina sits down on the edge of the rooftop, staring at the sky while kicking her feet back and forth.
>>
>>49259203
Carter looks up. "Well, I'm glad I'm here then, mam."

Tara smiles. "Not many can even have a glimpse of what you saw and remain like you are. You're tougher than you know. Just make the most of what you got now, and if you want answers beyond that..." She digs in her duster for the statue, the source of all of this, and hands it to Carter. "If you use this I'll know. I'll come find you and we'll talk about existence, alright? And if you think you're better off not knowing, just toss it in the river, or bury it, or put it on the mantle. Only one who can make that choice is you."

Carter hesitates, before snatching the statue and putting it deep within his coat. He thinks for a moment, then speaks partially to him and partially to the woman. "I never thought any of this would happen to me."

Tara ruffles his hair. "Me neither. Alright, I got other business to attend to. Busy woman and all that. C'mon Karina. And you too, Nothing." Karina hops up from her position and falls in close to Tara, while a ten foot tall figure takes shape as it moves, following her closely. Carter thinks one more time about throwing the statue into the fog below, but leaves it where it is.

Returning to the group, Dolores wraps the child in a hug again. Carter sniffs. "They wanted to adopt me too, mam."

One more short conversation about family, and it's time to start trudging back home. A few days in Cold Street and Passage, and they enter the mansion. The group is greeted by Dolores' refrigerator-sized German head butler, Alexander. "Welcome home, madam. Shall I, well, draw baths for you all?"

And that's the end of the arc. I'll be back after lunch to do a tl;dr and a quick rundown of what I liked and didn't like about it.
>>
>>49258723
I don't think they'd be anything special with Mei. Though protecting the Emissary might be nice. And maybe to switch a Recalled Training in last minute or something.

I'd say they're especially good with Lynch, so you can immortalize Huggy on command, kind-of with Yan because Yan likes enforcers and maybe McCabe so you can get like multiple sabres or something. They're definitely not as useful as they were in the Beta.
>>
>>49259251
Brewmaster loves them, don't forget.
>>
>>49259262
Eh, that's 7 SS so you can take some Tri-Chi? Might as well just take the upgrade and stick it out. It's not like the Brewmaster needs more than one upgrade anyways.
>>
>>49259242
>ywn get invited to Void and Chill with Tara and Karina

Feels bad, man
>>
Has anyone managed to get a copy of Under Quarantine or Into the Steam for the RPG yet? I'm surprised it's taken them this long to be liberated. Or maybe not, considering the pdfs for them are almost 30 bucks each.
>>
>>49260368
I would like those and Bayou pdfs as well. I wanna read them before I decide to throw money down. Especially for Gremlins.
>>
>>49260368
I have those two, but no idea how to get watermarks off drivethru pdfs
>>
>>49261476
Damn, didn't know there were watermarks on them.
>>
>>49262635
They typically put watermarks that include the purchaser's email address and order number on them to discourage piracy. There are several guides on how to scrub them, but it definitely does discourage potential uploaders.

Generally I think that you would want to edit the PDF with Word or Libreoffice Writer or something, convert it to a word document, and convert it back to a PDF in order to clean it properly.
>>
So I finally got Asami all put together, now I just need to put together a decent crew for sunday. Besides Heavenly Design, an Obsidian Oni and either Bettari or Ama no Zako, what models would you guys bring?

I'm honestly at a bit of a loss here. She just seems so card intesive for the few lacking abilities she brings. I like the idea of the summons popping in and out, but the rest of the card just doesn't really get me and I'm just not sure what sort of playstyle I should adopt with her besides "Stand just behind the action and poop out yokai". And on that note, do you ever summon anyone other than Yokai or Jorogumo? I'm really struggling to see the point of summoning the Obsidian Oni or Tengu.
>>
>>49262839
Whatever you've got the cards for.
Handing it double focus is huge too. Plus to the damage flips is great.

Whatever the Oni rider is seems like a most have. I'd think about friekkorps snipers to. They love focus, and built in reposition means they can keep up with Asami while putting hate down range.
>>
>>49263054
The Oni Rider seems absolutely amazing and makes the Obsidian Oni a bit stronger too with their built in rams, but that just means its mainly replacing Ama no Zako. As for the Freikorps, wouldn't it just be better to just take Katanaka snipers? And even then it seems like a bit of a waste to throw focus onto them as if they need a focus they can still only make one shot and if they don't need the extra range there's tougher shit to throw it onto.

Does anyone have an Asami list they've had any degree of success with?
>>
>>49263910
It's the difference between one focused short and two. I like friekorps trappers more because they've got the exact same rifle, but friekorps trappers have a built in trigger to push three every time they shoot.

And other Oni or minion that's got good high end damage would like focus to.
>>
>>49264256
If you use focus you immediately use up the entire stack. So focus+2 would give you one focused 2 shot and that's it.
>>
Are their any scans of any of the StoryEncounter booklets?

Or any anons with them and a scanner that fancy being a big guy?
>>
Anybody have 1e book pdfs for fluff?
>>
>>49265915
Check the OP.
>>
>>49265915
>>49266114
Ah, never mind, shamefur dispray etc
>>
>>49266114
He meant 1e, not 2e.
>>
>>49266503
>>49266146
Yeah, I'm after Levi fluff
>>
>>49261476
Stop by Chaos Wasteland and PM the mod or start a thread about needing a cleaner, and you should get some help. Or you can send them to me at [email protected], and I can do some cleaning to get them ready for public use.
>>
>>49266689
Next time I'm at work I'll scan the Levi stuff for you.
>>
>>49267078
Thanks.
>>
>>49245366
I would love to play the game, but sadly I have giant hands, and I physically can't put the models together... I just have the starter set, which I managed to put together quite easily, but I tried putting together the hired guns set... Fuck that thing.
>>
>>49267431

Tweezers are your friend.
Thread posts: 305
Thread images: 32

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.