[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Imperium Asunder

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 345
Thread images: 52

File: Space Marine Legions.png (683KB, 900x1771px) Image search: [Google]
Space Marine Legions.png
683KB, 900x1771px
prompt edition

Previously on Imperium Asunder: >>49127962

This is a 40k alt-lore thread with new legions to replace the old ones, new xenos races in addition to the old ones, and a bunch of other wild shit , new posters are welcome.
Want to find out what the setting's deal is? Check out our wiki.
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Imperium_Asunder
The wiki is not as up to date as we'd like, feel free to post questions/clarifications/ideas.

Post your writefaggotry and argue about how cool it is.
Post prompts and questions about other people's writefaggotry.
Draw shitty maps.
Call things metal as fuck
>>
File: Oathsworn Genomancer.png (35KB, 201x281px) Image search: [Google]
Oathsworn Genomancer.png
35KB, 201x281px
>>49208155
PROMPT:

Write a cool character for a faction you didn't create or haven't already written stuff about.
>>
On the Iron Hearts:

I'm guessing Balthasar got to their homeworlds, but didn't quite realize how ridiculously tough the Iron Hearts were going to be. He was used to them being not only sickly shits, but severely understaffed sickly shits. He was met by an army of supermen way tougher than any standard space marine, their ranks bolstered by moderately superhuman auxiliaries and their weaponry optimized by the influence of various Dark Age technologies. He was totally unprepared for what he found and way too overconfident, and his Legion were never master siegebreakers in the first place. In many ways, save for their willingness to spill astartes blood, the Bloodhounds were among the worst Legions that could have been mustered to fight the Iron Hearts. Running into a wall of dakka is generally going to get you nowhere. I imagine it like Balthasar trying to headbutt an egg, secure in his belief that it will splat instantly beneath his super dense skull, but then it turns out the egg is solid adamantium and now he's bleeding everywhere and it's all in his eyes eugh ugh geh.

Basically, he had to make a hasty retreat to pull reinforcements in, and in the time it took for him to do so Rubinek in his sons had made their escape.
>>
>>49208420
I dig it. Balthasar would bear that shame uncomfortably, and when Nikaea came around he would see it as a chance at redemption.
>>
If you haven't read my Bloodhound story please give me C+C I think it's turning out pretty neat.

https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Bloodhounds#Conjunction_at_Octarius
>>
>>49208420
>>49208477
That makes a heck of a lot of sense. I imagine that there would be bloodhound fleets tasked with hunting him down and erasing the legion's shame. Ooh, that gives me an idea for a character:

>Captain tasked with leading the assault on the Iron Hearts home world
>things go poorly and he had the misfortune of surviving
>leaps at the chance of hunting down the Iron Hearts
>Spends the next century tracking them down, occasional raids
>recalled by Balthasar for the heresy, since the Iron Hearts are to be allies in the Warmaster's plan--he's just told that bigger issues are at stake
>refuses recall order, tells balthasar where he can stick it
>catches up to the Iron Hearts en route to the Ultima Segmentum
>the Iron Hearts have scattered
>the hunt is on!
>>
>>49208920
I'm liking it so far.
>>
>>49208920
Eh. I tried posting a proper response to it last night but couldnt post. And now i cant be fucked writing it up again.

Tldr; the time setting could have been clearer as up until the betrayal i thought it was earlier however it had the effect of causing a sense of shock and bewilderment which actually worked for the story because the void lords would be confused as shit. So well done regardlrss.
>>
>>49211074
Yeah, you're kinda just supposed to know when the story takes place, I suppose. It might be a good idea to add a header with the imperial date and some context or something.
>>
Iron Hearts social links.

>Fists of Mars
Pre-Heresy: Father was always holding both of us back.
M42: Fine, die with the rest of them.

>Warhawks
Pre-Heresy: A sharp mind enslaved.
M42: Bring your crusade, Raydon could probably do with the company.

>Judgement Bringers
Pre-Heresy: You think you were forsaken? You presume to know an inch of real hate?
M42: Don't stop shooting, we'll walk through it.

>Silver Spears
Pre-Heresy: I'd like to see one of your fancy speeches deflect bolter-fire.
M42: Try. I know you want to. Just try it.

>Eyes of the Warmaster
Pre-Heresy: Always watching. Never acting.
M42: Enjoy your Imperium while it lasts.

>Angels of Light
Pre-Heresy: Look down at me again and your teeth will be adorning your boots.
M42: I always hated you.

>Bloodhounds
Pre-Heresy: The Emperor accepted these barbarians, but not us...
M42: Don't ever talk to me or my Astartes ever again.

>Paladins of Kor
Pre-Heresy: Weak, weak and cowardly.
M42: Where were you, valiant protectors? Where were you? Cowards. Die with the rest, burn in the galaxy's death-throes.

>Knights Exemplar
Pre-Heresy: You never looked down on me.
M42: But you still sat by and allowed our father his petty crusade against us. Broken is a good look for you.

>Behemoth Guard
Pre-Heresy: I know you're doing something wrong, I know it, I know it, I just can't prove it...
M42: Do what you will with the bodies. We require only that our 'brothers' die in shame.

>Void Lords
Pre-Heresy: Mutant, mutant and yet... yet they keep him, like a pet.
M42: Bring your silly pebble, we are the rock of the eternal shore, we are never broken.

>Storm Hammers
Pre-Heresy: We could do such great things together, but that look in your eyes...
M42: A feast for the crows.
>>
>>49212155
>Sky Serpents
Pre-Heresy: [indecipherable rage]
M42: [indecipherable rage]

>Warp Raiders
Pre-Heresy: I suppose it's true that misery loves company.
M42: Don't get in our way and we won't have to crush you underfoot.

>Arms of Asura
Pre-Heresy: THIS ONE!? THIS ONE GETS TO STAY!? THIS WITCH-FIEND ABOMINATION!? [indecipherable rage]
M42: Don't preach to me. Just help me kill them all.

>Undying Scions
Pre-Heresy: Poor Sarco, how terrible that must be for him, trapped in a misshapen, monstrous body.
M42: Your skin is iron but your hearts are not. Leave us be or die.

>Oathsworn
Pre-Heresy: Why didn't they help us?
M42: A just end to a sad story.

>Second Sons
Pre-Heresy: Et tu, Saul?
M42: Burn them all, Saul. Burn them to ash.

>Negators
Pre-Heresy: Buffoons.
M42: You didn't forget us. We remember that.
>>
I feel like Sarco would have fallen to chaos if he wasn't dreadnoughted. Thoughts?
>>
>>49210415
>>49212155
>>49212312
We should flesh out how exactly the Warmaster finds Rubinek and convinces him to join with the very brothers who turned on him centuries ago.
>>
>>49212481
I think the primary thing is that, no matter how much Rubinek hates Balthasar, he hates the Emperor a thousand times more.
>>
>>49212419
Seems logical. He was basically a Khorne berserker waiting to happen, the way I understand it.
>>
>>49212590
Also, he finds out that Xun and Anshul are a thing, and that just pisses him off to no end.

He got chased away, but these fucking witches get to have their own little galactic playgrounds? Xun is a deviant sorcerer and Anshul is both a psyker, a mutant, and a peacenik.

Once he's heard all about Xun all he wants to do is watch everything the Emperor has built burn, no matter what.
>>
>>49210415
Fists here,
Hey Xun, you were helping me out last thread with making Fists characters, i was thinking if you're still into that i'd love some help fleshing out the tech inquisition. Anyone that wants to help with that would be awesome
>>
File: mechassassin1.jpg (285KB, 900x1238px) Image search: [Google]
mechassassin1.jpg
285KB, 900x1238px
>>49213494
>tech inquisitio

Interesting.

This stuff comes to mind.
>>
File: mechassassin2.jpg (257KB, 900x1238px) Image search: [Google]
mechassassin2.jpg
257KB, 900x1238px
>>49214033
I can imagine some really exotic assassin orders existing in such an organization.

The Forgespace may have something closest to the canon universe's Officio Assassinorum, since the enhancements used in Eversors and Vindicares are highly dependent on the artificers of Mars.
>>
>>49213494
So it may be barking up the wrong tree, but what exactly is counted as tech-heresy in the Forgespace, given that innovation is allowed in at least some circumstances thanks to Sinistrum.
>>
>>49213494
Speaking of the inquisition, I'm thinking that during a meeting after the council of giants, the crusader states agree that they need an inquisition-like body, but not what they need to be exactly, leading to each state having their own body for policing heresy in its own domain.
>>
>>49214328
I'm imagining that there's some flat out restricted technologies/areas of investigation, like AI and some types of warp tech, but what about Xenotech?

I'm also imagining an order devoted to keeping an eye on Forgeworlds across the East.

Ordo Cybernetica
They keep watch over the various Cybernetica Cohorts throughout the East.

Maybe a Knight World oversight? The Knight Watch? (Hehehe get it?)
>>
>>49214349
That makes a lot of sense to me and would also lend itself well to the clusterfuck nature of the East, with some Inquisitions flat out refusing to cooperate with others. Mostly because ALEXIOS IS SUCH AN ASSHOLE ABOUT RELIGION
>>
>>49214328
>>49214349
>>49214372
Much of the age of innovation died with Marcus, its not as strict as OU but generally straying to far from what already exists is herasy and modifying anything Marcus made is herasy. This inquisition would also be going after people that break the Codex Sinister as well,the various rules about mechanicus being forced to share information with the fists and to never take part in warfare
>>
>>49214437
I have to ask, was Sinistrum left handed?
>>
>>49214478
Indeed, his right hand was crippled before he was found and one of his first great creations was a robotic replacement the fist of mars
>>
>>49214555
Did it have a turbo-mode?
>>
>>49214387
What do you think of the Funerary Guard? How would the various inquisitions of the Jade Empire act when dealing with them?
>>
>>49215148
I think they'd be pretty happy working with the Funerary Guard, probably aid in warp matters.
>>
>>49215148
I think really for the most part, the Eastern Imperium gets along fine, except for the Jade Empire and Minorum who have arguments about things that nobody really understands. Then, after Alexios comes out with his Evangelion the Abbots start quietly working with the Obsidian Order. Of course, everyone has secrets to keep and those prevent full cooperation.

And then there's Kor.
>>
>>49214437
Gotcha. So people can commit heresy in two primary ways:
Violating machine-canon, the restrictions are laxer than in the OU in part due to Sinistrum and in part due to the practical needs of recovering and compensating for what was lost in the Exodus.
The other big thing is ensuring the Codex Sinister is adhered to.
I suppose a third thing could be devoted to dealing with Xenotech and Warptech.
Ooh, and maybe a group dedicated to ensuring archaeotech is handled properly.

So
>Ordo Heretekus
>Ordo Politics
>Ordo Malleus/Xenos but Admech style
>Ordo Raiders of the lost ark
And then some liason Ordos to keep an eye on various organizations like the Titan Legions and Cybernetica Cohorts.

In addition, there'd also be the Assassin Temples, of which Vindicare, Eversor, and Vanus would likely be heavily linked to the Forgespace, while Culexus smells more like a Sky Serpents deal. Maybe Callidus too.

There'd probably also be a temple of tech assassins, perhaps some of the Cydonian Sisters brought by Sinistrum from Holy Mars.
>>
>>49214349
What I had written up was that Malcador states an "independent" Inquisition, that while it may not have authority within other peoples states, that have at least a back door into those areas, and ways to monitor them.

It was going to be headed up by the few remaining Custodes, with human "Inquisitors".

>>49215909
> Eastern Imperium gets along fine,
I think its far more interesting if the East is a tenuous alliance of almost warlike states, constant border skirmishes, trade blockades, piracy of others resources (remember we have only over 1/4 of the regular Imperium, so resources to maintain the war efforts would be a serious concern).

Which is why the Senate was formed to provide a means of non-violent conflict resolution, regardless of how useful it actually turns out to be.
>>
>>49212312
I can taste the bitterness. It's great.

>>49212481
>>49212590
>>49213219
It might make sense to have the Negators make the initial contact, or perhaps a set of Eyes posing as/embedded with Negators.
Aodhán's contact with Rubinek may well have been observed by the Warmaster or maybe Aodhán mentioned it quietly to him.
From there it would be a simple matter for the Warmaster to extend an invitation to Rubinek, and suggest Rubinek go on a rampage in the direction of Tepectitlan.
Throw in a promise of territory and support and Rubinek would probably be all for it, not truly trusting anyone, but happy to take the support and promise of being left alone.
>>
>>49217572
>the second point
Very true. But I think there's still some restraint in it, except for the weirdness that is Jade Empire and Minorum relations. I'd think that up by the firewall, there's not the time or free military force to have any sort of major campaign against one of the other states. Weakening one of the border domains weakens everyone. Except those lazy fuckwads, Kor and Alexios, who hide behind the other states and presume to dictate policy.
And then there's the fact that the Fists of Mars have a massive amount of power over all the forges of the East.
So raids and tacit war as you describe, but the front line domains are somewhat united, or rather can't afford open conflict.
So I'm thinking there's small scale strife, but not massive crusades. Occasionally there's a quick war, but it is usually a proxy war with someone trying to secede.
>>
>>49217762
Yeah, no one can afford open conflict, thats why they might raid or pirate trade lanes.

And then deny the ever living christ that it was them, "Probably orkz" "possible pirates in the void" "who knows it could have just been lost in the warp".

>not massive crusades
Exactly, when it looks like its getting that way, the Senate steps in and is like "if you are the aggressor, EVERYONE ELSE will ruin your day. So do the smart thing, let someone else start the fight".

How do they get someone else to start the fight? You annoy them through raids and such, until they openly act against you. Then you claim to be the victim.
>>
>>49217814
Roger. I'm with you now.

So where do we want to host the Senate?
Would also be cool if there were some Custodes kept on hand to enforce Senatorial Edicts.
>>
>>49217881
How about if post-heresy, at the behest of Malcador, a set of Custodes are sent to serve as bodyguards and loyalty checkers to the courts of the Primarchs. To this day, they still serve, but in practice, they're raised and equipped by the court in question.
>>
>>49217881
Well what I figured was that there would be no "real" way to enforce the agreements apart from the idea that everyone agreed so if you don't hold up your end of the bargain then dont expect anyone to honour previous agreements.

The inquisition would be run by them, but operated by humans like usual.
>>
>>49217943
Yeah, it'd be a symbolic thing, really. Still, it'd be a potent symbol since it would basically be censure from the Emperor Ascended.
>>
>>49217998
Then again, the symbolism they represent wouldnt be always positive. I can't imagine how a Primarch would respond to someone whose job it was to protect the Emperor, telling them how to do their jobs.
>>
>>49217572
>>49217762
Just wanted to chime in and say most everyone probably is shity with Fists stockpiling tendencies, they don't like sending out the real war machines unless they believe they have a real chance of pushing past the fire wall.
>>
>>49217653
I think we'd already decided the Negators found the Iron Hearts.

It makes sense that the Eyes would be mixed in with them and would report this stuff. Like you said, the Warmaster only needs to feed Rubinek's bitterness and anger to the point where he doesn't care that the Eyes and the Behemoth Guard and company did nothing to help him, he just wants to see the Emperor cast off his throne.
>>
>>49216437
>Codex Sinister

I like the idea that everyone wrote their own Codex Astartes and then glared at each other from across the round table equivalent for the next several hundred years.

>"I should have copyrighted it."
>--Alexios the White, Primarch of the Angels of Light, in his ME33 Memoirs
>>
>>49219733
I mean the Negators are sent back to entice the Iron Hearts, or did we get that part too before?
>>
>>49208155
>every name begins with "The"

How does it feel to be an absolute pleb OP?
>>
>>49220535
Well, pack up guys. Project's over. Can't continue when we have "The" in every legion's name.
>>
>>49220870
Isn't that just how the works? I mean you can stick it in front of any noun to indicate specifity. I suppose the implication is that English is for plebs?
And that's some bullshit right there. English is awesome.
>>
>>49221149
I'll admit that it does look a little clunky, nut I hardly think it merits changing the image.
>>
>>49220535
That's how English works.

A similar chart for the canon universe would say 'The Blood Angels' and 'The Luna Wolves'.
>>
>>49218040
That probably makes the Scions pretty mad.
>>
>>49218040
That makes a lot of sense and makes their attempts to complete whatever strange war winning weapons they're working on a lot more understandable.

I'm imagining absolutely massive archaeotech constructs, some sort of ordinatus maximus that deploys with a titan legion to guard it.
We can probably work in an event or two where they pull one out and it stops a major threat cold. Catch is that there's a finite number of them, but lately rumor has it that the Fists have been attempting to reverse engineer them and are starting to get somewhere.
>>
>>49223783
It does, but it's mitigated a bit by the fact that a large amount of forge worlds in the Vigil are geared towards outfitting the Scions.
>>
>>49220185
Well, you know that the Art of War is actually older. Xun wrote the original for his astartes when he took command of the legion and then kept updating it. So if anything, Alexios was imitating him. But really, what else is new.
-unnamed General of the Thule Rimeguard, Jade Empire Auxiliae M35
>>
>>49224556
The Scions don't really have their own codex, but the Funerary Guard make sure that the traditions of the original legion are kept to some extent. I guess they're similar to harlequins in that way.
>>
>>49224998
You mean they do cool liturgical drama?
>>
>>49220535
>the deathguard, the emperors children, the ultramarinez, the dark angels.

Colour me confused.

>>49224556
>>49220185
All these plebs writing books. This is how and why Klaus, Engerand, and Raydon has the highest planet tallies under their belt. They actually did things.
>>
>>49225644
>dreadnought interpretive dance
>it's just the robot over and over and over
>>
>>49227250
>Domo origato mr roboto
>>
>>49226554
Ironically, they're also the first loyalist Primarchs to die, possibly in that very order.
>>
File: Alexios the White.jpg (56KB, 244x297px) Image search: [Google]
Alexios the White.jpg
56KB, 244x297px
>>49226554
fighting on a world for a few months and then moving on does not count as a conquest, little brothers. A true military commander rules over the clay he claims to have won.
>>
>>49227714
Can we actually talk about timelines for deaths and/or daemonic ascensions for the primarchs? Here's what I think I know:

>Klaus is killed at the battle of Terra by the Warmaster after the Emperor dies
>Oramar is killed at the battle of Terra by ?????
>Raydon is killed by Kashaln (sort of) soon after the battle of Terra
>Rubinek is killed by Xun Tohilcoatl at the end of the heresy by ripping out his beating archaeotech heart.
>Engerand gets his leg chopped off and dies a maimed cripple several centuries later or something
>Alexios is murdered in cold blood by Anders Kor
>Anders Kor dies/is lost at the siege of Cydonia by the swarmlord
>Sarco Funerus dies before Nikaea and his corpse is put in a metal box.
>>
>>49227913
Okay so, from what I understand,

>Oramar fights Raydon on Terra and is grievously wounded. He escapes, and is obliterated by another of his brothers, possibly at his own request.

>Raydon is killed by Kashaln sometime before M33. He may or may not be an Emprah deamon now, or be possessing the corpse of a beheaded Warhawks captain, or just be too mad to stay all the way dead.

>Rubinek is killed by Xun at the end of the Heresy. His heart refuses all attempts at destruction and is hidden away somewhere on the edge of the galactic spin, possibly near the Ghoul Stars.

>Marcus is a brain in a jar.

>Engerand dies heroically in one of the early crusades, probably the second or third. Killed by a traitor Primarch? We should discuss that.

>Grahanak... I have no idea what happens to him. Killed during an early crusade? That's another one we have to discuss.

So, Engerand and Grahanak. What are we thinking?
>>
>>49227913
Sarco also "dies" again on Terra when he's sent into a coma by another primarch (either Saul or Kashaln)
>>
>>49227796
"The most important thing I learned is that your sons watch what their leaders do. You can give them classes and lecture them forever, but it is your personal example they will follow."

"I may not be the best combat commander, but I always strive to be. My sons depended on me to carefully analyze every tactical situation, to maximize the resources that I have at my disposal, to think under pressure, and then to lead them by personal example.”
- Raydon Neratos to Alexios the White.

>>49227913
Oramar is killed later, rumours exist it was Raydon that killed him, others say he was only wounded in there battle. None can confirm.

>>Raydon is killed by Kashaln (sort of) soon after the battle of Terra
Relative I guess, but its about 3k later.

>>49228309
>Oramar fights Raydon on Terra
Post terra, The Warhawks by and large aren't at terra. They arrive much later when everyone is fleeing East.

>>Raydon is killed by Kashaln sometime before M33.
Correct. Dates are iffy but around then yes.

>Engerand
I like the idea he is wounded early, suffers another serious injury in the first crusade, something like he is wounded by a nurgle blade - seeing the corruption in his arm(?) he just chops it off to ensure it doesnt spread. flash forward to 3rd crusade. He has lost his leg, his arm, and eye, half his nose, scars everywhere. He finally dies not to a daemon Primarch, but to a Champion who has been blessed by the gods. Maybe a Slannesh follower. Preferably not from any of the original traitor legions but a chaos Warband. Comparitively a no-body.

>Grahanak
Went full Russ, disappeared into the Warp to terrorise the demons. By all rights should be dead, but legends persist that he will arrive come the end of days.
>>
File: hes watching you.jpg (33KB, 434x615px) Image search: [Google]
hes watching you.jpg
33KB, 434x615px
>>49227913
The Warmaster died in vitro and his legionaires have propped up a puppet that doesn't exist.
>>
>>49229218
It is either Saul or Kashaln, right?
>>
>>49230793
I thought it was Aodhan.

Or Saul/Gengrat dealt him some festering injury on Armageddon that eventually progressed to the point of putting him in a coma.
>>
PROMPT.
Tell us about a recruiting planet used by your legion.
>why do they use it
>whats its environment like
>societies amd cultures
>does the legion/chapter maintain rigid control of it, allow it to progress at its own pace, or keep it in technological stasis.
>is it the sole recruitment planet or one of many
>what rites need to be completed by hopeful initiates.
>anything else interesting
>>
>>49230873
I think we should work on fleshing that part out. It was probably one of the three, but I haven't really done much on the Scions' part in the Heresy aside from Armageddon and Malphas.
>>
>>49230946
Planet: designation: helion prime
>why: the inhabitants raised there have very similiar cultural tendencies to Warhawks. In addition those recruited from the planet seem to have moderately higher acceptance rates to the geneseed.
>society: the planets populace is broken into various groups. Warlords and their tribes, wasteland scavengers, wasteland nomads, and road gangs.
-- Warlords: are dictators who seek to seize and control the precious few resources through "military". Characterised by having an armed force, a geographical headquarters, and seeking expansion.
-- Scavengers: are those who reside in settlements, populated by traders and workers. Typically will has a small defence force to deter raids and enforce law. Characterised by having a central location and attempts at imposing civil order and/or trade.
-- Nomads: those who wander the wasteland in search of resources, both in small groups, large caravans, and solo. Are the primary gatherers of the wasteland and form the basis of most trade settlements.
-- road gangs: raiders who survive of pillaging settlements and attacking nomad caravans. Typically too weak to attack warlord encampments.
> the planet is a desert wasteland. Classified as a deathworld, it has scattered ruins across its surface. Scholars suggest it was once a vibrant world which underwent possibly exterminatus.
>control: the legion has had the planet cordoned off under the guise of a plague world. Otherwise the anarchistic society keeps itself from developing.
> it is one of a handful of planets, most recruits coming from the crew of the Hawk Fleets.
> rites include: the test of the run, test of the wilds, test of the hunt, and finally the right of challenge.
>>
>>49230946
The Angels' primary recruitment center is a star cluster in the northern reaches of Imperium Minorum called The Varangir Stars. The cluster is a wide crescent of white dwarfs, blue giants, and nebulae, and there are few rocky planets. However, the cluster has many superjovians with icy moons and planetoids, and on these worlds Imperial colonists settled during the golden age of technology.

The moons of Varangir are far too harsh to support technologically civilized society, and the worlds regressed quickly to medievalist technobarbarians. However, the archaeotech skyhooks and interplanetary vessels they had created were cunning in design, needing little maintenance, and did not require technical understanding to be piloted effectively. As the Varangirans regressed, they managed to hold on to interstellar travel within the cluster, and maintained a loose hegemonic empire based on warrior clans.

When the White Angel came with the Emperor's crusade, The Varangirans knelt in obeisance, pledging their people to New Constantine and the Angels of Light. Varangiran Huskarls served as the primary auxiliary force to Angels of Light expeditions, fortifying and holding what the rapid assaults of the Angels took.

To be chosen to join the Angels, a Huskarl must earn battle honors fighting alongside marines, must prove himself a competent rider in the Hippodrome, and must publish an original thesis on matters of theology, strategy, statecraft, or other topics of significance. Such marines are recruited into the Comitatenses, bolter armed line soldiers. Further honors and great works are required to rise among the angels, and only the wisest and keenest can hope to join the pantheon of Arch-Angels.
>>
>>49230946
Should I do Amaranth or another one? I'm not sure if I've fleshed out the Scions' homeworld enough.
>>
>>49231358
>Huskarl must earn battle honors fighting alongside marines
Sounds like he is going to be 18-22 minimum.

>competent rider in the Hippodrome
Donno what that even means

>publish an original thesis on matters of theology, strategy, statecraft, or other topics
So he is like what 26-30+ before they even become an initiate.

At which point they are almost certainly unable to accept the geneseed and assosciated implants.

Well done on making a completely unsustainable chapter.
>>
>>49231562
Whichever. Both. Up to you.

>>49231358
>thesis
Thats Doctor Bishop Captain Space Marine to you, Peasant.
>>
>>49231578
Spess Wulfs recruit 10-14 year old boys from Fenris. You can ride a jetbike, fight in battle, and write an essay by age 14.
>>
File: 1317385086075.jpg (139KB, 579x527px) Image search: [Google]
1317385086075.jpg
139KB, 579x527px
>>49231578
>>competent rider in the Hippodrome
>Donno what that even means

learn yourself some history
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hippodrome
>>
>>49231607
Not him, but thats rediculous.

Any 1 of the 3 sure. 2? Maybe some genius character. All 3? For every recruit? No way.

Its that thing about Batman. Can a man lift xyz amount of weight? Sure its possible. Can a man run xyz speed. Sure its been done. Can a man master various disciplines of science by age 30 sure, possible. Can 1 made lift the weight, run the speed, AND master the science. No. Not at all. You would need to dedicate yourself to any 1 pursuit to do achieve those levels, you cant give your all to multple things at the same time.
>>
>>49231698
True, but i think the essay thing was pretty unique. So points for that.
>>
>>49231698
Nobody's saying anything about being a master.

>Fight in a real battle at least once
>Be able to ride a bike
>Know how to fucking read

These are not high standards
>>
>>49231734
To be fair those aren't really the same thing.

>Fight in a real battle at least once
=/= earn battle honours
>Be able to ride a bike
That's fair
>Know how to fucking read
I think there is a pretty big gap between being able to read and write and being able to prduce an original thesis on theology, strategy or statecraft.
These are things people spend 6+ years learning about, before they are halfway competent in understanding them.
>>
>>49231734
Is it just me or do you cop more flak than other posters.
>>
>>49231734
To be fair, the way you phrased it did sound a lot more like >>49231817
>>
>>49227913
>>49228309
Marcus gets mortally wounded fighting mars, which hasn't been fleshed out at all unfortunately.
>>
>>49232724
>fighting mars
>mars

HE FIGHTS A PLANET?
>>
File: thQ2NZK60H.jpg (10KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
thQ2NZK60H.jpg
10KB, 300x168px
>>49232982
Forgot the picture.
>>
>>49232724
>>49232982
>>49233028
opps
>>
>>49231828
>>49232386
But yeah, he does. I think, in part, because of writing styles. That or someone has it out for Alexios.

On a tangent, can't they make Astartes out of older people? Not Luther/Kor Phaeron age, but Yesugi age.
>>
>>49233693
to my knowledge, the older you are the less effective the gene implants are as well as the rate of rejection increases dramatically.

So while its possible to make older ones, you would need to recruit magnatudes more to have a similiar acceptance rate.

So in essence, the chapters recruit younger aspirants because its the only way to ensure sufficient rates of reinforcements.

It would be a trade off, if it wasn't much faster and easier to teach an astarte than it is to train/teach a regular human.
>>
File: Angels-104-105.jpg (833KB, 980x659px) Image search: [Google]
Angels-104-105.jpg
833KB, 980x659px
>Theologia Euangelia Volume 546 Psalm 468 Verse 4862

A flight of Angels sat upon the cliffs of kythera, talking amongst themselves to pass the long hours of their overwatch. The greatest among them, Razaios the Red Seraph, turned to one of the lesser angels, his face dour. He spoke in a gruff, judgemental tone, "Tell me, little cherub, what illumination did you bring to the Libraries of Constantine? How did you earn your wings?"

The little angel was unsure of himself, but he spoke all the same, "My lord... I... wrote of the virtue of tubers over graincorn as a means of feeding manufactorum workers." The flight of angels erupted with laughter, but a stern look from Razaios quieted them.

The Seraph loomed over the cherub, and spoke authoritatively, "This is not something to be mocked. This cherub's work was deemed valuable by the clerks of New Constantine and the authority of the White Angel..." he suddenly showed a wide grin, "I am sure the Lectitio Potatus was a great contribution." The angels laughed and laughed, even the little potato cherub.
>>
>>49233907
I lol'd. If I were taking Greek right now, I'd translate that for an assignment. Instead, I'm writing an account of my Knight slaying a Greater Daemon in battle in Hebrew.
>>
>>49234238

> Θεολογία Euangelia τόμος 546 ψαλμό 468 στίχος 4862

Μια πτήση των Αγγέλων kάθισε πάνω στα βράχια των Κυθήρων, να μιλούν μεταξύ τους για να περάσει τις πολλές ώρες της Overwatch τους. Το μεγαλύτερο από αυτά, Razaios ο Ερυθρός Σεραφείμ, μετατράπηkε σε μία από τις λιγότερο αγγέλων, kατηφής το πρόσωπό του. Μίλησε σε μια τραχύς, επιkριτιkό τόνο, «Πες μου, μιkρό αγγελούδι, τι φωτισμό έφερες στις Βιβλιοθήkες του Κωνσταντίνου; Πώς να kερδίσετε τα φτερά σου;"

Το αγγελούδι ήταν σίγουρος για τον εαυτό του, αλλά μίλησε όλοι το ίδιο, "Κύριέ μου ... εγώ ... έγραψε την αρετή των kονδύλων πάνω graincorn ως μέσο για την σίτιση των εργαζομένων manufactorum." Η πτήση των αγγέλων ξέσπασε σε γέλια, αλλά μια αυστηρή ματιά από Razaios τους ησυχάσει.

Ο Σεραφείμ εμφανίστηkε πάνω από το χερουβείμ, kαι μίλησε έγkυρα, "Αυτό δεν είναι kάτι που πρέπει να εμπαίζεται. Το έργο της αγγελούδι που kρίθηkε πολύτιμη από τους υπαλλήλους της Νέας Κωνσταντίνου kαι της αρχής του Λευkού Αγγέλου ..." ξαφνιkά έδειξε ένα πλατύ χαμόγελο, "είμαι βέβαιος ότι η Lectitio Potatus ήταν μια μεγάλη συνεισφορά." Οι άγγελοι γέλασε kαι γέλασε, αkόμα kαι το μιkρό αγγελούδι πατάτας.
>>
File: sigil.png (267KB, 889x675px) Image search: [Google]
sigil.png
267KB, 889x675px
>>49234388
thanks google
>>
>>49230946
Apsirants are recruited from across the Jade Empire. While most are drawn from tithes from feral worlds, a good number are drawn from the Schola Progenium equivalent. There youths are trained in the arts of war and civil service and they, as much as applicants from the proletariat or the children of administrators make up the ranks of the civil service and military command.
Those who fail to become astartes for reasons of biological incompatibility often go on to serve in the Auxilia or take the exams to enter the ruling Bureaucracy.

On civilized worlds, schools funnel gifted children into the Schola system, but it also serves as a place for orphans from military personnel.
Recruitment is managed centrally, or at least monitored centrally and aspirants are distributed to the Tzolkin from central command, though as often as not, it's just in the notional form of a Tzolkin being tasked to recruit some number of new Astartes.

Aspirants are thrown into trials together, many of which involve lateral thinking. Other challenges are designed to be impossible to complete and aspirants are judged based on how they work as a team and how they deal with an impossible task. They also have children beat the crap out of each other, but Astartes all do that. They're less likely to put the aspirants in mortal peril, however, since the legion trials aren't testing for competence, they know they've got good aspirants. They're seeing who can be an astartes and those who can't make good soldiers and administrators.
I'm thinking they take the process slow and keep up the trials throughout. As a result, you've got a decent amount of half-astartes in leadership roles civil and military. (It's just the initial procedure that has to start early, right? If not, then they'll do it all at a go like everyone else.)
>>
>>49230946
>Void Lords
I'm imagining they recruit from worlds they attack. They herd the children and then scare them, like figure out their worst fear and make them fight it in a horrific acid trip.
If they survive, they join the crew and if they're biologically compatible become astartes. Otherwise they're servitors.
>>
>>49236143
I think this has been said before but I think the Serpents would be improved if they try and stick to a certain thing.
For example
> most are drawn from tithes from feral worlds
cool, I'd love to hear more about tha...
> good number are drawn from the Schola Progenium
Oh, well thats cool too.

I think everyone understands that the legions/chapters recruit from a variety of sources, so I think the writing would be improved by picking a theme and sticking to it, rather than trying to do multiple things at once.

As you went on to write about the Schola, I feel like thats what you were going for in theme. Which btw is a cool and unique idea.

Also:
>biological incompatibility often go on
to die, the implants either take, or they kill you. At best leave you servitor meat.

Also, on a more positive note (I know this has been abit of a downer) I like the idea of aspirants having to work as a team. I've never seen any chapter in the OU do that.

>>49236189
This is also awesome.

I'd like to finish off with, whilst this was pretty heavy critism, im only writing it because judging from previous threads you've been open to critique and im hoping to help out your writing.
>>
File: fox-hunting-1.jpg (28KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
fox-hunting-1.jpg
28KB, 400x300px
>>49230946
Bloodhounds recruit primarily from Karach during the crusade and the heresy. Afterward they still recruit from Karach's population but also include slave stock from raids and tribute from lesser warbands. Karachian culture is pic related.

Aspirants have to survive a Most Dangerous Game / Lord of the Flies situation, set free in the jungles of Karach and told they will be hunted. Sometimes aspirants are the children of proletariat serfs, other times they are the second or third sons of aristocratic or burgher houses. If they outwit their hunters for long enough, they are welcomed as recruits. If they are captured, they are killed. Sometimes they are set loose in groups, sometimes alone, but always they are given the same tools: a bone knife, a bolt pistol, and a well trained hound. The hounds of those who survive are traditionally kept in a communal kennel at their company's hunting lodge.
>>
>>49236316
Thanks anon. I think I'll focus on the Schola system. Make it so all the tithes flow into there and point out that it's where most the elites come from, be it mechanicum adepts, administrators, officers, or astartes.

I think I heard something about Alpha Legion testing groups, but I don't know where or when.
And cnc away. I post here because I want feedback and collaboration.
And one of these days I'll post stories, but grad school has been eating my writing time.
>>
>>49236377
>>49236377
Whats with this language being used lately.
>proletariat
>burgher
you're not the only poster to use it. It seems pretentious to say
> proletariat serfs

Unless ofcourse its a commonly used term in your language in which case carry on anon, i live a cloistered life.
>>
>>49236486
Have you read literally any 40k fiction, ever?
>>
>>49236377
What happens to the hounds of those they catch?
>>
>>49236642
What happened to the Tau Empire/race in this setting?
>>
>>49239161
They still get shielded by that lucky warp storm. Then they become the locus of a proxy war for Alexios and Anders.
Huh. I wonder if the similarity of the tau warp storm prompts speculation that the tau are blessed by the Emperor.
>>
>>49233907
Excellent.
>>
>>49230951
I'll volunteer Aodhán. I reckon Kashaln should fight Engerand or Raydon at Terra. Make take Engerand's eye out if we're going with the idea that Engerand gradually becomes more prosthetic than man until he finally meets his death sometime in the second Crusade.

>>49232724
Personally I think Gengrat should be the one to cripple him, or one of Gengrat's finest daemon machine creations.
>>
>>49239907
Actually, it'd have to be Engerand if Kashaln fought him or Raydon, wouldn't it? Raydon doesn't get to Terra.
>>
>>49239907
That would make sense since they're both on Mars.

Duel on the peak of Olympos Mons?
>>
>>49240191
Sounds verry cool
>>
>>49239907
>until he finally meets his death sometime in the second Crusade.
Does this mean that Sarco is technically the only living primarch as of m42?
>>
>>49241051
well "technically" Marcus is "alive"
>>
>>49230946
In the days of yore, the Negators Legion recruited exclusively from the fiery world of Nusku, the childhood stomping grounds of the Primarch Aodhán. A sun-baked world thrown off its previous axis by the ruinous effects of a war long passed, the world's surface was a demonstration in the extremes of geography - incredibly vertical, it was streaked with immense gorges and ravines, many of them opening out into valleys many hundreds of miles deep. During the cooler seasons, immense thunderstorms roamed the planet, flooding many of the shallower gorges with torrents of warm rain and resulting in a near-perpetual mist that settled across the lower regions of the world. During the Nusku's summers, these thunderstorms would interact strangely with the planet's tainted atmosphere, and colossal hurricanes of roaring nuclear fire would become a regular occurrence.

The dangerous levels of background radiation on Nusku - which must have been much more saturated in the ancient past - had lead to the development of a distinct abhuman species that came to dominate the primitive world in the ages after the destruction of its prior civilizations. Ten foot tall at their shortest and wracked with bulbous cysts and tumors that made piercing their skin exceptionally difficult, this race of giants possessed surprising intellect despite their monstrous features, and for at least the last two thousand years prior to the Great Crusade made up the ruling class of Nusku. The planet's human populations lived as slaves, driven down into the dimly-lit ravines and gorges of the planet, forced by their masters to mine the world's mineral rich crust for precious stones and artifacts of Nusku's long-dead Dark Age civilizations. Those few that escaped this inglorious life did so by living as nomads, eking out a hard, solitary existence amidst the extreme geography of Nusku, often resorting to raiding tactics against one another in order to survive.
>>
>>49241107
Nusku's abhuman masters are long dead now, scoured from the planet by Aodhán in a bloody guerilla war of total annihilation, the Primarch famously building his palace solely from the misshapen skulls of that extinct race. Still, the people of Nusku remain hardy survivalists with a strong tradition of remembrance and personal honour. Many of the first recruits from Nusku were the children of warriors who had fought alongside Aodhán in his war against the planet's giants - some were even participants in it, having played support roles to older soldiers. The warrior ethos of their supreme warlord was deeply embedded in these men, as was the romanticization of the heroic ideal, and their integration into the Old Legion was not without its conflicts.

As the Great Crusade progressed and Aodhán's Legion pushed further and further from the inner sectors of the Imperium, its recruiting methods became far more lax. Initiates were chosen from conquered or placated worlds - in some cases, planets would willingly join the Imperium if their children could be offered the opportunity to be uplifted to the status of an Astartes. It became a part of Legion culture to adopt the families of worthy foes who had been defeated on the field of battle (note: this tradition survives to this day), and sons from such families were generally initiated into the Legion.

In modernity, the Negators recruit from across the galaxy, and have varying standards. Worlds nearby their entryways into realspace are often favoured, and kept at heroic age levels of civilization to ensure worthy recruits, but the many Free Companies of Negators across the galaxy can have wildly differing recruitment standards. The Legion has also become inclined to recruiting from Commorragh's gladiatorial pits - Negators Marines will often sponsor slave fighters that show promise, putting them through sequentially greater trials until they determine them fit for initiation.
>>
>>49241051
Marcus is sort of alive, though in an even worse state than Sarco.

Graha'nak is fighting daemons in the Warp, supposedly. He should be dead, but nobody knows what's really up.

Xun has vanished. He might be dead, or he might be a Daemon Prince of the Emperor Ascendant.
>>
>>49241169
"We were dug in on [Redacted], and the Asura had unleashed the warp in unending hordes of daemons. The Astartes liason of the platoon was gone, some warp thing with claws longer than my arm sliced him. We all said last rites, the warp was opening overhead when everything went ice. Not like regular cold, mind, but holy holy holy ice and the air shattered into shards of some sort of shrieking howl. Seraphim and rephaim tumbled from the sky, and he was at their head. Xun lives! He fights for us!"
Testimony of Galras Valmeer, 21st Thule Rimeguard M39, collected in the inquests of the Peachwood Organization
>>
>>49241336
"Unbiased source, please."
--Iosephus Bant, Chapter Master of the Knights Luciferous, 3rd Founding Successors of the blessed Angels of Light Legion
>>
>>49208155
Where would Loyalists from Traitor legions go? I'm curious because I want to write a successor for the Second Sons.
>>
>>49240579
Let's see... badass fight scene.
I think a fight on Olympos Mons makes sense at two primary points in the heresy--either right as Gengrat gets to Mars, or when the Fists are leaving at the end of the Heresy.

I really like the image of Gengrat descending from the heavens on wings of fire.

But to work it out, let's outline the Martian campaign.

>Civil War breaks out somehow on Mars
>It takes a lot longer than it does in Mechanicum, perhaps the Vaults of Moravec aren't opened until midway through the heresy, since the early heresy is being masked as a campaign against Faustus and the Oathsworn.
>With the traitor's most potent weapon neutralized, they have to start with 'conventional' war.
>Sieges of Mondus Gamma, Magma City, among other sites.
>Absolutely massive Engine War, as Knight and Titans are unleashed in their whole Legio glory
>Loyalists being pushed back, losing ground
>Sinistrum is rerouted from Luna to go deal with the situation
>Great advances are made, he takes back all the way to the Yalu rim.
>Gengrat comes
>Oh shit. Daemon engines.
>Loyalists retreat, taking what they can with them
>Gengrat chases them off world, but other than a token fleet, he strangely stays encamped on Mars, guns towards Terra.
>They say he's looking for something in the Noctis Labyrinthis
>>49243020
I think they crash with various legions in the East. I know Kor would take many of them in, I've also got plans for some loyalists to get picked up by Xun's fleet at the Battle of Paramar, potential for "loyalist" Bloodhounds >>49210415, and I think Baqar Hadbaal picks up various shattered legions on his trip. I'd imagine that there's also a bunch who crash with Raydon, since that seems like Raydon's style.
>>
>>49243020
We've established that a bunch joined up with other Legions. Some may have gone it alone and be fleet based.

Kor took in quite a few, as did the Hammers and the Serpents. I get the impression that the Warhawks and the Angels may have been less discerning with their purging. IIRC there's one Negator who was crippled fighting his brothers on Malphas and got put in a dread by the Scions.
>>
>>49243390
Oh, also, a lot of them join the Broken Blades I think.
>>
File: fuck.jpg (11KB, 219x187px) Image search: [Google]
fuck.jpg
11KB, 219x187px
>mfw these threads have me seriously considering building a 2000pt Undying Scions list with three Contemptors and three Leviathans

Help.
>>
>>49243020
>>49243390
Malcador also needs Spess Muhreenz, preferably psykers, as Abbots to help run and protect his astropathic beacons. In his desperation to re-establish contact and rebuild the Imperium, he'd probably take marines from any legion as long as he believed them to be loyal.
>>
>>49245274
I'm already building a Bloodhounds khorne daemonkin army, sempai.
>>
File: 20160908_174015.jpg (5MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20160908_174015.jpg
5MB, 5312x2988px
>>49245274
Do it! Listen to the voices!

Also. Why not 9 Contemptors, 9 Leviathans, and 9 Boxnauts? You could do a trio of talons in troops as a Fury of the Ancients list. Granted each one you lose gives up a VP, but hey, who cares?
>>
>>49245383
I'm thinking Malcador would probably make use of the Knights Exemplar and Oathsworn (in addition to loyalists from traitor legions.) Who else?

>>49245508
Damn it. Upsidedown.
>>
>>49245609
>Who else?
Literally anyone he can get his hands on and convince to give up their legionary connections and loyalties. In the early stages at least he would need quite a lot of them.

The Angels send ALL of their psyker-capable recruits to the Abbeys, as they have a very black templar attitude toward sorcery but not their genetic predisposition against it.

I could see him recruiting some Behemoth Guard who don't want to desecrate machine spirits, Arms of Asura who think their legion is being puppeteered by their posessors, etc.
>>
File: RG map.jpg (4MB, 4000x3401px) Image search: [Google]
RG map.jpg
4MB, 4000x3401px
PROMPT:

Please help me expand and edit and adjust this map. Where are all the primarch homeworlds, for example?

Use your MS Paint skills.
>>
>>49245508
He wouldn't even need Fury of the Ancients. Unbound would allow it.
>>
>>49247100
>>49245508
>>49245274
This makes me happy.
>>
>>49245750
I'm thinking Tepectitlan is out around Sable, Kotrax, and Baal in the Jade Empire. I think the Asura homeworld is out by Prism.
Terrodyne is somewhere bathed in the light of the Eye of Terror.

What else...
>>
>>49243020
The Hawks and Knights Exemplar accepted the majority of loyalists who wanted to keep up the fight.

I think Kor took most of the ones who didnt want to fight and the others went to various places.
>>
>>49245750
First point to note is that all loyalist should be within the eastern sector. With a small circle forward indicating the tempestus gap held by the broken blades.
>>
>>49248477
Is that not exactly what that map shows?
>>
>>49245750
Nusku is on the border between Segmentums Pacificus and Tempestus, between the Dark Wolds and the Uhulis Sector.

I'd chuck it in but there ain't no paint on my phone.
>>
File: Raptor Riders.jpg (43KB, 640x320px) Image search: [Google]
Raptor Riders.jpg
43KB, 640x320px
I looked at 1d4chan and I see there's still no page for the Oathsworn. Did we make any progress on them?
>>
>>49248566
Uh no? Quite literally half of the forge space and half of the unyuilding vigil is in the south. They shouldnt be there at all.

The broken blades hold the tiny part in the south and are the only ones
>>
>>49248566
Mmm. Are we looking at the same picture? The loyalist realm spill into the galactic southin that image and shouldnt be that big.
>>
>>49248961
>>49249010
ok but you guys realize that segmentums are just lines on a map, right? There's nothing actually stopping territory from spilling over the segmentum border.
>>
>>49249025
>>49248961
>>49249010
Also, I made the map. I was inebriated at the time. I made the boundaries work specifically so I could include certain worlds in certain territories mostly because I thought it was funny.

>>49248941
We did up their place in the heresy as well as a general overview of what they're like before the heresy, but nothing very specific. We're always looking for more ideas.
>>
>>49249025
It was meant to represent the overwhelming dominance of the universe by the traitors. That the loyalists could only hold a quarter of their previous domain.
>>
>>49249105
Ultima Segmentum is like 2/3rds of the galaxy though
>>
>>49249025
They are meant to be trapped in the east. Not south and south east.
>>
>>49249125
Which is why the shouldnt need to spill over the border.
>>
>>49249156
It's more a question of what's stopping them from spilling over?
>>
>>49249172
Because it fits better thematically and the only reason to is that people are too greedy and just want more and more and more despite the universes own consistancy saying they should be underpowered not expanding.

You get this is with chaos winning right? In regular 40k every day is a struggle for the imperium. Thats them WINNING. This is them losing. They should be struggling hard to minimise their losses every day. The only thing that stops them losing wholesale is the firewall.

They are being pushed back. The broken blades are valiantly holding back the tide... or trying to anyway.
>>
File: Kekatonkires.jpg (46KB, 400x500px) Image search: [Google]
Kekatonkires.jpg
46KB, 400x500px
>>49249156
This isn't a game that needs to be balanced, so we don't need to worry about size.
>>49249172
Daemons. Rampant void-leviathans. Renegades. Xenos. Mercs. Warpfuckery. Large sex toys in the Warp. David Draiman's sexy voice. The ghost of Primarchs that never were. Legion of the Superdamned. Superxenos. Cyberdragons. Rape fantasies. Defeatism. Crushing depression. Emus with lasers. Impotence. A wall that they had to pay for. Tariffs. Gandalf. A Porsche Tiger. Saruman "Leave Sauron to me" the White. One they fear. The 101st Airborne. 300 Spartans.
>>
File: 1473372345480.jpg (68KB, 569x379px) Image search: [Google]
1473372345480.jpg
68KB, 569x379px
>>49245750
H in the yellow circle to show its a homeworld

my net is so shit i cant upload the full pic can someone put my change in for me
>>
>>49249298
So do all those things just instantly start the second you cross the segmentum line? I'd like to remind everyone that Segmentum Tempestus belongs to NEITHER the Dark Imperium or the Crusader States.

>Because it fits better thematically and the only reason to is that people are too greedy and just want more and more and more despite the universes own consistancy saying they should be underpowered not expanding.

No, it's because the FACTIONS are greedy and would want more and more and more, and there's absolutely nobody to stop the FOM from taking that southern territory.

Segmentum Tempestus is a warzone between the Dark Imperium and the Crusader States. It's not the border between those states, it's the lightyears of distance BETWEEN the borders of those states. Both sides' territory would naturally bleed over into tempestus.
>>
>>49249298
You forgot about Tricky Dicky and Morgan Freeman.
>>
File: Night Witches.png (161KB, 552x328px) Image search: [Google]
Night Witches.png
161KB, 552x328px
>>49249383
>So do all those things just instantly start the second you cross the segmentum line? I'd like to remind everyone that Segmentum Tempestus belongs to NEITHER the Dark Imperium or the Crusader States.
The Legion of the Superdamned only come around when the entire segmentum is about to be overrun.
>>
>>49249414
Morgan Freeman is only there to narrate. Nixon just makes it worse for everybody.
>>
>>49249383
IT BELONGS TO THE ELDAR!

>>49249275
Also, to be fair, I kind of like it where these are more tightly organized little states meaning that hte amount of crazy they can get up to is higher. Like the Sky Serpent's gambits to get everyone possessed or the Fists of Mars claiming that they can actually build crazy archaeotech weapons to win the war. It's kinda cooler if they're just barely plausible as plans.
Means that this 13th crusade is going to be some of the most intense and insane fighting since the Heresy, perhaps even surpassing it in terms of the destructive forces to be unleashed.
>>
>>49249433
ALL HAIL LEGION OF THE SUPERDAMNED KEEPERS OF THE STATUS QUO!
>>
File: The_Warhammer_40k_Galaxy_Map.jpg (953KB, 2904x1687px) Image search: [Google]
The_Warhammer_40k_Galaxy_Map.jpg
953KB, 2904x1687px
roughus draftus
>>
File: Solidus Chromehounds.jpg (291KB, 600x430px) Image search: [Google]
Solidus Chromehounds.jpg
291KB, 600x430px
>>49249584
Who are you?
>>
File: SPACE APES SUMMARY.png (58KB, 1090x358px) Image search: [Google]
SPACE APES SUMMARY.png
58KB, 1090x358px
Does anyone else unironically want this to be canon?
>>
File: The Baals is this..gif (1016KB, 500x269px) Image search: [Google]
The Baals is this..gif
1016KB, 500x269px
>>49249717
Nope. What I want to be canon are the Hekatonkires.

I CAN DREAM, CAN'T I
>>
>>49249662
I'm whoever you want me to be.

>>49249782
Aren't the Hekatonkires already canon? Just with a different name? What is their name...
>>
File: House Hekaton being Chill.jpg (92KB, 760x614px) Image search: [Google]
House Hekaton being Chill.jpg
92KB, 760x614px
>>49249866
>Aren't the Hekatonkires already canon? Just with a different name? What is their name...
House Hekaton.
>>
>>49249866
They got rewritten as the Arms of Asura
>>
File: Patton's Wet Dream.jpg (97KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
Patton's Wet Dream.jpg
97KB, 1000x750px
>>49250075
Well, not really, actually. They're very different concepts.
>>
>>49250098
I mean they got rewritten a lot but there was a direct causal relationship. Hekatonkires got the "what if we changed them to be like this" treatment.
>>
>>49249717
If only all the legionaries had been apes, for it is written Ape shall not kill Ape.
>>
>>49250305
>implying Chaos Apes would give a shit about Ape Law
>>
So, this is in part to run by everyone and Marcus-- curious about how it interacts with the Codex.
I'd been thinking that the closest forgeworld to Tepectitlan is Tindalos (so throw that on the map too >>49245750
>>49249611)

Anyways, Legio Tindalos is decently remote and has a pretty divergent cult from the Martian rite. They have an odd fascination with myths of a fight against a serpent, called the Ophisiomachia and regard canines as humanity's oldest tool, little heralds of the machine god, so hound iconography is common. Cybernetica units are treated as prized pets as often as not. The forgeworld's surface is mostly natural, perhaps because the early colonists were experimenting with terraforming technology, but likely because it is easier to hide forges underground from Xeno-attack.

When found, they swore allegiance directly to the Emperor and during the Harrowing of the Jade Empire and the People's War, they negotiated further freedoms from Songkulkan, who could hardly argue with them while the Iron Hearts were on the rampage.

They're a reclusive and mysterious bunch. Titan Legion is usually know as Legio Serphicus 'The Hounds of Tindalos', but data suggests that 'Hounds of Tindalos' may actually just be what they call any relatively quick moving assault force.
Idea is that they got used to having a wide lattitude under Xun during the crusade and don't want to give it up when the Codex Sinister comes out.

They're like a loyalist Xana, except for the fact that I had the idea before forgeworld stole it in book VI. Jerks.
>>
>>49250678
So basically, dudes a bit weirder than Mezoa, who have been resenting Martian dominance and trying to break free via the favor of a legion and the Emperor suddenly wakes up to find that rather than half a galaxy away, Mars is now on their doorstep and trying to dictate policy.

Conflict ensures, but what sort?
>>
>>49250678
>>49250841
Well thats some herasy let me tell you what. the tech inquisition are gonna be all over that shit. Not to say they just shut it down remember that this inquisition is a lot less powerful than OU, more that they will be looking to undermine the leadership and get representatives from mars in there constantly. Big information war a lot of politicking and power plays
>>
>>49251601
Sounds reasonable, which actually raises a related issues that we've mostly dodged thus far.
Worlds like Mezoa and Ryza resent Martian control.

Assuming the timeline in >>49243128, we have Sinistrum evacuating a decent amount of the Martian ecclesiarchy. We also have time to evacuate groups from a number of Forges. So let's say most of them follow Mars, you'll still have some notable worlds with unique technology like Ryza trying to maintain independence. Are forges given new worlds, like the magi evacuated from Vanaheim given a world, the ones from Tigirus another, the ones from Mezoa another?
Or do they mix the magi in an attempt to spread the knowledge (which could also dilute it and result in its loss) and also to maintain the control of the Martian hegemony.
I'm thinking there's a good number of Eastern forges that push back against Mars with support from survivors from places like Ryza and it's only a compromise by the Fists of Mars that prevents a second Mechanicum civil war, a council as critical as the council of titans. (Maybe Malcador helps with this compromise too.)
Mostly I'm trying to allow for some dissension within the Mechanicum and give the other states an ability to resist the desires of the Forgespace.
>>
>>49249383
>neutral territory
In-fucking-correct.

Chaos owns everything west of the firewall. How hard is it to grasp the idea that chaos is not only winning. It won. The crusader states struggle not to tear each other apart let alone stand united against the threat to the West. The Warmaster is smart he knows that if left to thwir own devices the states will infight and crumble and all he has to do is mop up.

>no one to stop them
Are you serious? Literally the only thing stopping them from being rolled is the firewall and the patience of the warmaster. If they take anything west it would be raided into oblivion within a year or two.

At best its like the border princes from whfb where petty warlords start their own kingdoms until they realise they are a small fish in a big pond and someone more important c9mes along to shit on them. Which 9/10 is a chaos warband NOT a crusader force.
>>
>>49250678
The politics of random ass forgeworlds is hardly important.

Lots of planets resent their far off rulers, they either pay their tithes regardless or go rogue. If they go rogue they either fall to external forces or find a backer to support them in which case they trade one far away owner for another.
>>
>>49252478
>In-fucking-correct.
>Chaos owns everything west of the firewall.
Except for the part where this literally isn't true. It was established long ago that Tempestus is a warzone BETWEEN the two sides because having their borders flush against each other is pants-on-head retarded.

Do you see the Iron Hearts fortress worlds on the map in orange? That is the border of the Warmaster's territory. That's why they're fortress worlds and not chill on the beach sipping mojito worlds.

Tempestus is a warzone both sides have fought over and failed to claim since the Heresy.
>>
>>49252533
I mostly raise it because I want to work them in to the Sky Serpents lore and we've got a machine pope on Sinister. Means a legion forgeworld refusing to bend the knee to the master of Mars in the Forgespace could be a huge deal. Or maybe not, if there's a way the situation gets diffused. It's a potential seam for dissension and I don't want to invalidate another faction's schtick. See >>49251601
>>49252419

>>49252478
To throw in another POV, I'd always imagined the setting as one where the Warmaster is playing a very dangerous game, since he's having trouble keeping his "allies" under control. Chaos works great for short spurts, but the Warmaster is playing in terms of thousands of years.
I'm thinking his endgame is to throw off the yoke of chaos (somehow), and part of how he goes about it is by playing one chaos god off the other.
The cult legions and their gods, meanwhile have the attention spans of a thing with a very short attention span and are as likely to fight eachother as anything else. They're 'winning', so they can afford to indulge in vendetta and whimsy.
I'm also thinking that because the overall area they control is smaller and tighter and things like Orks are less frequent in a state, both sides do a much better job of keeping the front line separate from the core. This means that they're better able to crank out shit for aeons. The chaos gods also want that eternal stalemate, so the loyalists have some breathing room. They don't know that, but they do. They have time to build up defenses and the like and since we have more centralized societies, the individual militaries are stronger and better equipped since you have a proportionally shorter front, shorter supply lines, and better communication and organization.
>>
>>49252808
They're weaker than the OU, but world for world, they're actually stronger. So I'm imagining it all reaching breaking point in this 13th crusade.
The chaos gods are getting bored. The Warmaster has a plan, so do the Warp Raiders. Each loyalist legion has a crackpot plan or two, and everyone has been preparing for this moment. It's 1917 or 1918 and all these gambits are about to go off.

So basically, I'm thinking the Heresy has raged on for 10,000 years and is about to hit a climax.
>>
>>49252719
Might make sense to have some contested worlds, like worlds that have been battle sites for close to 10,000 years, with breaks only during crusades when the front moves a little.

Still, if we go with this model >>49252808
Then it isn't going to be a continuous front. Spaces are going to be open because you're going to pull back to prepared defensive locations while you have to deal with whatever current crisis there is. And there's always something going on. In that way, the East almost has it easier, since the East tries their best to keep wars limited and short, while the West goes all out because Chaos. The Second Sons and Behemoth Guard have a hatred as deep as the Behemoth Guard and the Fists of Mars and there's nothing standing between the Behemoth Guard and the Sons. If the Behemoth Guard go on crusade, they're going to find some the Second Sons have taken their worlds, whereas the best Sky Serpents can trust the Scions not to do that.
>>
>>49252719
I think the confusion has started because the original "border princes" area was called the tempestus gap. Which was the border between yhe tempestus segment and the eastern segmentum. Not the whole tempestus segmentum.

>>49252808
I see it sort of similiar. The gods want eternal conflict and so the warmaster allows the crusader states to continue, but limits their power. His subordinates dont have his vision/loyalty (to chaos)/discipline and so attempt to wipe out the states.

I dont see the gods "getting bored" though, as time isnt a thing they are subject to. The warmaster is also a patient mastermind, but thos le below him may not agree, each with their own way to achieve victory. As with the crusader states having thier own crackpot plans.
>>
>>49252419
>>49252808
A point i want to bring up with the Mezoa, Ryza and now Tindalos is that while iv made it clear that theirs fighting between fists and mechanicum despite their close alliance. Id also always imagined that there are various mechanicum factions, some large some small, that interfight aswell, using the fists as tools to undermine enemy groups within and accusing each other of herasy. remember that the highest position a mechanicum member can obtain is a seat within the sinister prophets who all have access to marcus's brain and what else is left of him and his gear. I figured the members would be from diferant factions, Mezoa and Ryza would have an arch magos in that group and would be setting there own laws and such to keep "independence". Remember that with the fists and mechanicum there wars are that of intrigue and politics they are united under one banner but many rule.

>>49252533
What the hell are you doing saying that in this thread, everything is important. One forge world goes down and that has huge consequences, If they go heretical and the inquisition comes down hard on them that could sour relations with the local legion and the fists to the point of war.
>>
>>49245750
JBs are stationed on unholy terra now, but Enoch hates being there so spends all his time on his flagship.
>>
>>49254311

I don't think anyone would like to spend too much time on a Daemon world with a Blood Moon perpetually 10 minutes away from smashing the planet's face in, where the surface is probably either alive and screaming or else covered in skulls, with Daemon Princes of Genghis Khan, Adolf Hitler and every other significant Mortal Terror holding court and the few remaining humans perpetually insane.
>>
>>49254353
I mean, a demon prince might.
>>
>>49254438
There's a thought.

What is Daemon Prince Enoch like? Physically, I mean? Is he just a big guy?
>>
File: 1468177918038.jpg (900KB, 1528x964px) Image search: [Google]
1468177918038.jpg
900KB, 1528x964px
>>49255799
>is he just a big guy?
You had to say it.
>>
I imagine that Enoch is sort of granite-skinned, the creases across his brow looking like the cracks on mortar. Everything about him looks weathered and rugged, and his self-loathing and hate constantly seeps through the cracks that mark his skin and armour, manifesting as a ceaseless torrent of boiling pitch.
>>
>>49252808
>>49253266
I always can't help but think of the Warmaster and his 'game' as being a little desperate. Chaos has mostly won, but he's now in the position of having to appease four monstrous deities and run the logistical nightmare of the Imperium. He has to deal with all the shit the OU Imperium has to deal with - Necron emergences, huge Waaagh!s like The War of the Beast, Hive Fleet incursions, horrible eldritch prophecies threatening to end everything, etc. Furthermore, many of his greatest assets are extremely independent, and some might be outright treacherous. Holding on to his ill-gotten Empire is a continual effort of Herculean proportions, but he's too power-hungry to ever let go of it.

This is partially why the Crusader States are still on the map. Ownership of the Imperium comes with baggage.
>>
Just some stuff:

>Consumptor and Vorator Pattern Dreadnoughts (Behemoth Guard)
Variants of the Contemptor and Leviathan dreadnought patterns used by Space Marine Legions throughout the crusades, these towering abominations were first seen toward the dawn of the Second Crusade, fresh from the flesh-forges of the Behemoth Guard. Twisted perversions of the holy imperial design, these war machines serve as mobile daemon-vats, each one equipped by a bulbous aberration of science and sorcery known as a black cauldron. Favouring chem-munitions, Consumptors and Vorators unleash torrents of biochemical death upon their foes, ensnaring those that stray close with their mechandrite-grinders - bundles of seething mechandrites attached to a churning maw in the palms of their heavy dreadnought power claws. The remains of their foes are deposited in the black cauldron, which siphons away those materials that can be used to fuel the dreadnoughts' chem-weapons and re-purposes the rest. A foul techno-alchemic process refines the dead matter of these corpses into vile mutant abominations, birthing them into being amidst horrendous emissions of scalding amniotic fluids.
>>
>Revenant Pattern Tactical Dreadnought Armour (Undying Scions, Fists of Mars)
Despite their close relationship with the Forgespace as fellow keepers of the Tempestus Line, the logistical demands of the Unyielding Vigil's obsession with the sarcophagi are an ever-present strain on the realm's war effort. Few would ever suggest that the Sons of Funerus abandon their traditions, and, toward the tail end of M37, a joint attempt by the Forge Fathers of the Fists and the Techno-Clerics of the Scions put their collective genius to work on a less demanding alternative to the standard dreadnought frame. The result was the Revenant - a suit of Terminator armour designed to simulate the processes of the sarcophagus, fully integrating its wearer into its machinery and sustaining them beyond death. Even in M42, the technology is imperfect, and Revenants remain a relatively rare sight on the battlefield, as the bodies of those Interred within them must be specially treated, fitted with some of the sarcophagus components that cannot be squeezed into the tactical dreadnought chassis. They are, however, applied to great effect by several Successor Chapters of the Undying Scions, and remain a valid, if somewhat less glorious, alternative to the holy sarcophagi of the dreadnought.

I'm thinking of doing some writefaggotry. What would you guys rather see:

1. Something about the Dark Imperium having to deal with the stuff the OU Imperium does.
2. Aodhán invites a serf of Dún Scáith for a personal audience, because he's been told that the man worships the Emperor and refuses to stop.
3. Sorcerous shenanigans in the court of the red king.
>>
>>49257841
I love it all.
I'm torn between 1 and 2 for your writing.
>>
>>49257968
Seconded.
>>
File: MUH SHINY ROCKS.jpg (98KB, 564x549px) Image search: [Google]
MUH SHINY ROCKS.jpg
98KB, 564x549px
>>49257968
Thanks bruh. I've always wondered why they don't make dreadnought Terminators in the canon universe. Gorgons were already half way there.

Anyway, what do YOUR Legionnaires or Primarchs mumble when confronted with something they cannot understand or respond to?

>muh kleos
>muh volition motherfucka
>>
>>49258668
>muh willpower
>muh traditions
>>
>>49258668
>Muh divide and conquer
>Muh sorcery
>>
>The Golden Rule, Silver Crowns, Principes, and Triarii (Silver Spears)
The Silver Spears were unique during the Great Crusade in that they were one of the few Legiones Astartes whose soldiers earned something resembling a wage. The silver crown - a simple form of coinage stamped with the seal of the Primarch Kashaln - was the result of decree known colloquially as The Golden Rule. Rather than simply working with the arms they were issued in accordance with their role, Astartes of the Silver Spears Legion would accrue - through success in battle, great deeds, oratory excellence, etc - the means to commission finer and more specialized arms for themselves. This method of outfitting the Legion ensured that the panoply of any individual Marine was dependent on his skill in battle, and served two distinct purposes - it further glorified those possessing particular talent, pushing others to strive to greater heights, and it weeded out the unworthy. Of course, the Silver Spears were selective with their currency, producing the silver crown for use only within the Legion - it was thought by Kashaln that introducing outside sources of material wealth as a standard would encourage mercenary activities unbefitting of the Protectors of Mankind.

The Golden Rule and the culture surrounding it would eventually lead to the natural formation of two particular types of infantry classifications, divided partly by wealth and partly by age. Principes, generally younger Marines of ascendant talent, whose skills had awarded them with access to better gear, took to organizing themselves into line phalanxes. Principes could be close-quarter or heavy support orientated, but were characterized primarily by their use of tall, gently curved Repulsor Shields.
>>
>>49259466
>Muh volkite

>>49258668
Behemoth Guard
>Muh twisted creations
>Muh pimped out tanks
>Muh voices

>>49256859
Hmm. Now I'm thinking of a man of stone and clay, crumbling and cracking with each step and blood like magma or mud that floods out and heals the cracks only for them to form anew.
>>
>>49260050
Though not quite as durable as Storm Shields on an individual level, these shields projected a subtle field that mitigated the energy of oncoming attacks, and when interlocked in formation could generate a much stronger, combined effect that made Principes units exceptionally durable against small arms fire. Close combat units would advance in tight formations, usually armed with chainspears, combat blades, or, in the case of the truly wealthy, an assortment of power weapons. Units focused on delivering ranged support often included braces set into their Repulsor Shields, allowing them to brace their heavy weapons against them and shoot while keeping their shields raised against oncoming fire.

The Triarii were those that had achieved not only exceptional wealth, but also sublime skill, accruing a great repository of battlefield knowledge from which to draw. They came to organize themselves into specialized Terminator units, and, eventually, the Triarius pattern tactical dreadnought armour was commissioned and rose to favour specifically for such fighting cohorts. The Triarius sacrificed the strength of its refraction shielding in favour of enhanced servos and sleek design, allowing Triarii Terminators to wield their weapons with a deftness and agility surpassing that of any other tactical dreadnought warrior. To compensate for their reduced durability, most Triarii carried tall Repulsor Shields, or, funds allowing, Storm Shields in one arm, while they almost invariably favoured master-crafted power spears known as an aurus spetum as their primary weapons, normally featuring an additional curved blade at the pommel end that could be used to hook into and tear open heavier armour.
>>
>>49260081
Works for me.
>>
>>49254438
>What is Daemon Prince Enoch like?
>>
What of the Tyranids and Necrons? I don't remember seeing anything about them. Assuming there has been no lore for them I had a neat idea of where they came from being switched.
>>
>>49262957
The necrons and tyranids act as usual. THe Unyielding Vigil has a problem with necrons popping up and corrupting dreadnoughts with their super science, so there's a few necron worshippers among the Scions. There's also a Scions successor chapter that worship the C'tan Nyadra'zatha, but they've left Vigilant space and hang out in the northern chaos marches.
>>
>>49262997
Anything of the Void Dragon on Mars?
>>
>>49262957
>>49263028

>Tyranids
Their appearance is a bit delayed due to the galaxy's warp light being more distributed than it is in canon, so we haven't worked on them much. Maybe we should re-examine that.

There's lots about the necrons though. The Void Dragon shard on mars has escaped, and it's been influencing agents in the Unyielding Vigil ever since the heresy. The 9th Crusade is a great war that breaks out when people start to figure this out and the Void Dragon tries to play its hand.
>>
>>49263032
Any totally new factions?
>>
File: Nanomachines-son.png (1MB, 1360x768px) Image search: [Google]
Nanomachines-son.png
1MB, 1360x768px
>>49263042
The Archaeotect Collective is a wholly new faction.

Refugees from the Gothic Sector flee during the heresy, coming across a series of human planets undiscovered or unconquered during the Great Crusade. They quickly grow to a massive emigration movement out of Imperial Space, fleeing the insane war between the legions.

A particularly charismatic Null we haven't named leads them, and he draws a number of other Nulls to the group, which is a big factor in how they are able to escape. However, the strong presence of the Blanks draws the attention of something lurking in the void: A collective of nanomachines who are sentient both as groups and as individuals. Gnostic robots. The nanomachines merge with the refugees, especially the Nulls, as they can help shield them from the corrupting influence chaos has over AIs.

They're in the galactic north, in stars that aren't on any maps and don't have any names. Their soldiers are cyberpunk ninja assasins, and their 'weapons' are the nanomachines who inhabit their bodies, capable of forming T2-esque melee weapons, but more importantly capable of manually breaking apart or fusing atoms, creating powerful radioactive blasts.
>>
>>49263032
I was thinking that a hive fleet runs into Behemoth Guard space and:
"Can I keep them Warmaster sama?"
Was thinking Gengrat lead a coven in establishing a Behemoth Guard hive-mind using Behemothed synapse beasties.
>>
>>49249611
I'm trying to decide where to put Amaranth. Should it be a planet that exists in 40k proper or should it be a new one?
>>
>>49264036
To be totally unhelpful, I can see it either way, though the only world that fits that I know of would be Cretacia.
>>
>>49264036
Personally I'm in favor of replacing OU primarch homeworlds with wholly new ones. New Constantine replaced Macragge, for example.
>>
>>49264209
I'm not sure about that, because their homeworlds aren't in the right places to be the capitals of each crusader state. Also, isn't it a little convenient that every loyalist primarch's homeworld is in the east?
>>
>>49263132
>A particularly charismatic Null we haven't named leads them, and he draws a number of other Nulls to the group, which is a big factor in how they are able to escape.

I think he got named waaaay back when the concept first appeared.
>>
>>49264358
Some crusader states might legit not contain their homeworlds, some might be lost to the Dark Imperium. IMO that could be really cool.

Remember that only Imperium Minorum predates the Heresy. None of the other legions really 'held territory' except their homeworld and maybe a few tithe worlds. Personally holding territory is pretty much Alexios' main character trait early on. All other Crusader States were territory claimed after or during the heresy, their borders largely established at the first Council of Titans.
>>
>>49265066
if he did I can't remember it.
>>
>>49265250
"The precedence of the Imperium Minorum is a common view in the Imperium Minorum, but one must know that the foundations of the Jade Empire also date back to the crusade era. Now, Minorum was a pre-extant domain during the Dark Age, so whether or not we can really count it as a founding or if Alexios merely inherited a pre-extant domain can be disputed. On the other hand, the foundations of our own state are wholly distinct and spring forth clearly from the union of worlds conquered and forged into an empire by our own illustrious primarch."
--from The Decline and Fall of the Western Empire by Eouddar Gibzon of the Jade Empire, M38
>>
>>49265662
>Copy of book reaches Imperium Minorum
>6 chapters simultaneously declare war on the jade empire
>Decades of war
>>
>>49265771
"The warlike temprement of the inferior Astartes renders them unfit for civilized life. Though they have a vigor that the Imperium once required, in this day and age they are a sad embarrassment."
-Eouddar Gibzon not knowing when to shut up.
>>
File: imperium asunder map 3-2.jpg (4MB, 4000x3401px) Image search: [Google]
imperium asunder map 3-2.jpg
4MB, 4000x3401px
>>49245750
Added Nusku, plus some other possible stuff.

Also, Ulthwe and Alaitoc aren't part of the Eldar Empire. Ulthwe was abandoned, Infinity Circuit and all, before Terra fell and Segmentum Solar went to shit. Its inhabitants are now either fleetbound or reside in one of the Twilight Cities of the Webway. Alaitoc is to REEE MU TRADITIONS for the Empire, and has declared it anathema.

The Craftworlds in the Empire are Biel-Tan, Lugganath, Iyanden, Mymeara, Idharae, Iybraesil, Telennar, Mynathensar, Yme-Loc, and Kher-Ys.
>>
File: Map2.jpg (4MB, 4000x3401px) Image search: [Google]
Map2.jpg
4MB, 4000x3401px
>>49265956
Tepectitlan and Tindalos
>>
File: Asunder.jpg (3MB, 4000x3401px) Image search: [Google]
Asunder.jpg
3MB, 4000x3401px
>>49266112
This map I believe to be a better representation of the state of affairs.

Keeping in mind that the borders shown do NOT indicate the extremes of each factions domains, but what they can and do reliably hold.

I think due to the complexity of the state of affairs, if everything they own or claim to have rights to was shown, the borders would overlap and it would just be confusing.
>>
>>49266530
Are those stars the star forts I posted about back yonder?

If so, marvellous thanks for remembering them. If not, what are they?
>>
>>49266530
I think this could be improved upon by using a smaller map. Its hard to actually see its so large.

Also, I like the idea of showing the states as smaller, more compact.
>>
>>49266530
Despite my arguments earlier, I support a map with smaller crusader states. I think tonight I'll do some map work.

P R O M P T : (except not really)

Help me find a high definition base map that spells things correctly, has high visibility, etc. I've been having trouble finding a good map to start with.
>>
>>49266675
I agree, and It makes sense to me at least that they would be a few densely populated sectors. Because of how turbulent everything is, outside of that everythings up for dispute.
>>
>>49266825
with regard to >>49265250

I think it might be thematically appropriate for Raydon's homeworld to be somewhere in the Dark Imperium, deep enough that they can't really reach it. It could be a major motivation in their eternal crusade. Maybe records were deleted and they don't know exactly where it was, so they hunt for it. Thoughts?
>>
>>49265273
Isador Vanth. Yep, at some point my namefaggotry actually made sense.

Though the dude wasn't a null back when I wrote the first archeotect iteration a whole bunch of threads ago.

House Vanth remain the biggest Archeotect lineage and have fleets knocking on the doors of the Storm Kingdom, the Protectorate, and the Hunting Grounds.
>>
>>49266825
>Maybe records were deleted and they don't know exactly where it was, so they hunt for it.

This is in particular I like.
>>
>>49266938
He didn't have one or rather, he stowed away on a ship as a youngster primarch, and grew up mostly in the void. He became a Pirate who encountered the early explorator fleet.

Its one of the reasons that he is found so early, he actually goes searching for the being from his dreams (papa E).

As for the planet, he never knew the name, and didn't even pay attention to where abouts in the universe it was.

It was a desert, hot, and barren.
>>
>>49268055
But what's their legion muster world and their support facilities, like the way that the World Eaters use Bodt.
>>
>>49266938
Oh unless you're referring to the Port World he had built? Cant remember what I named it, but yeah it was in the Dark Imperium, but was largely destroyed. I guess it could have been rebuilt.
>>
>>49268119
Oh they recruit from the fleets crewmembers and a world called Helion, which is essentially mad max world.

I hadn't really thought about where it would be. I had assumed somewhere in forgespace.

How would it work recruiting from a world in the Dark Imperium, I guess frontier worlds might not have much of a presence of the Eyes or Chaos affected populations.
>>
File: 40k_galaxy_mapped.png (3MB, 1398x1398px) Image search: [Google]
40k_galaxy_mapped.png
3MB, 1398x1398px
>>49266675
This one's a good start, but it has absolutely no labels.
>>
Do you guys remember what we decided about what order the primarchs were discovered in?
>>
>>49269366
The Warmaster is first because his pod never leaves Terra.
Faustus is next.
Rubinek is smack dab in the middle of the list
idk who's last. Graha'nak?
>>
>>49269574
I'm kind of thinking Sarco should be relatively early because his legion is the "ancient" one, but that might just be me.
>>
>>49269366
I only remember the first few.

Warmaster > Faustus > Raydon >

we probably should have written it down.

It was like 2 traitor primarchs then I think it alternated for a while.

>is the "ancient" one,
what? Isnt this to do with the dreads?
>>
>>49268797
I think it's as good a place to start as any.

>>49269366
>>49269574

Here's the most recent account I can find in my notes:

>1. Warmaster
>2. Faustus
>3. Raydon
>4. FoM
>5. Kor
>6. Sarco / Rubinek
>8. Enoch / Klaus
>10. Engerand / Xun
>12. Aodhan / Kashaln
>14. Alexios / Saul
>16. Balthasar / Grengrat
>18. Oramar / Anshul
>20. Grahanak

However, some of these might need to be mixed up.
>>
>>49269622
Yeah, that's why it was in quotes. I just thought it would be thematically appropriate if they were one of the older legions.
>>
File: liberastartesstarmapver2.png (7MB, 3961x2754px) Image search: [Google]
liberastartesstarmapver2.png
7MB, 3961x2754px
>>49268797
This one is nice. Fewer labels might actually be better, though.
>>
>>49269662
That one's kind of hard on the eyes.
>>
>>49269687
it's high resolution bro zoom in
>>
>>49269644
Well if its up for discussion, id put forth.

7. Rubinek
9. Klaus
11. Xun
13. Alexios
15. Kashlan
17. Oramar
19. Grengrat
>>
>>49269717
>Felis (White Panthers)
Huh.
>>
>>49265662
>The Decline and Fall of the Western Empire by Eouddar Gibzon

I now need to see this made canon.
>>
>>49269725
>>49269653
I also might put Alexios before Xun because of the relationship they have. It makes more sense if Alexios is better established when Xun comes on the scene.

>>49271093
Tips notional hat.
>>
>>49271522

What about this.
The other one seemed to stack loyalists at the start and traitors at the end. This is abit more varied.

1. Warmaster
2. Faustus
3. Raydon
4. Alexios
5. Grengrat
6. Oramar
7. Kor
8. Sarco
9. Enoch
10. Rubinek
11. Klaus
12. Aodhan
13. Engerand
14. Xun
15. Kashaln
16. Saul
17. Balthasar
18. Sinistrum
19. Anshul
20. Grahanak.
>>
>>49271925
I like the idea of Alexios being near the start. He seems like the sort who looks down on his "little brothers" and would see the order your found in as a mark of pride.

I especially like the idea that he thinks for a while that he was the 3rd found, because Raydon is off elsewhere and then has to eat some humble pie when he finds out the truth.

One issue though is that its unfeasible for him to be anywhere near the top, because of how far away the Imperium Minor is.

That might help us make a list, mark on the map WHERE your primarch was found, so we can work outwards mostly.

So Warmaster = Terra
Faustus = Luna
Raydon - In the oid?
etc tc
>>
>>49269644
>>49269725
>>49271925
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Imperium_Asunder#Timeline

Add to this as you see fit, the table formatting is pretty intuitive.
>>
>>49271925
>>49271971

How about
>1. REDACTED
>2. Faustus Ascelpious
>3. Raydon Neratos
>4. Alexios the White
>5. Markus Sinistrum
>6. Sarco Funerus
>7. Rubinek
>8. Enoch the Relentless
>9. Klaus Staffel
>10. Engerand
>11. Anders Kor
>12. Xun Tohilcoatl
>13. Kashaln
>14. Aodhan Kael
>15. Saul Sheridan
>16. Balthasar Bornhold
>17. Gengrat Vannevar
>18. Oramar Elthiran
>19. Anshul the Resplendant
>20. Graha'nak
>>
>>49272003
The only problem with this is as >>49271971
says, Alexios is found on the far side of the universe, hard to see how that would happen before everyone else found along the way.

Also as >>49271925 said, the traitors are all bunched up at the back. Unless this is intentional?
>>
>>49271977
>>49272003
To help with a sense of scale, in OU horus is found in 805.M30 as the first primarch, and Alpharius the last is discovered in 981.M30
>>
>>49272054
Are we going to stick with a similar timeline? It might be worth extending it to a hundred or two hundred years.

Either way its cool.
>>
>>49272044
New Constantine isn't actually Alexios' homeworld, it's the first world his expeditionary fleet came across which refused peaceful compliance. He decided to make an example of them and burned their world to ash, rebuilding it as his own new Imperial world. He could easily have been discovered in Segmentum Solar, or western Ultima segmentum, or anywhere really.

How about this: Alexios's pod lands on Alexandria, a world in central Pacificus. Alexandria was a world of libraries, deep vault ships launched from Terra long ago brought library records as a sort of time capsule, seeking to conserve the knowledge of mankind as best they could, should something terrible happen to Terra. Alexios rose quickly among the clerk-priests of Alexandria, and soon he ruled the planet as Master of Relics. One night Alexios has a dream of a golden angel, coming in the clouds like a great beacon. The next day, his dream proved prophetic as the Emperor of Mankind, Beloved by all, came to Alexandria. Compliance was swift and welcome. Alexios was given command of his XIIth legion and the 99th Expeditionary fleet. Alexios chose to lead his expedition deeply through the warp to expand his father's realm, and found hmself in the far east of Ultima Segmentum. Many worlds knelt to Alexios as he had knelt to the Emperor, but eventually one stood defiant. The name of that world was expunged from all records of the 99th Expedition or the XIIth legion. All of the inhabitants of the world were purged, the seas boiled away, and the mountains bulldozed with massive constructor fleets. The planet was rebuilt with Imperial colonists, and named Constantine. Alexios made it his formal seat, establishing a military bureaucracy in the great basilicas of his golden city. From there, the Angels conquered many more worlds in the name of the Emperor of Mankind, Beloved by All.
>>
>>49272169
I like it.

Seems like a place Raydon would have liked to raid back in his pirate days.
>>
Have old threads been archived?

I'm interested, but I like to read up before I get involved.
>>
>>49272094
I second extending the crusade a bit. It always felt weird to me that the Emperor retires to Terra and shit goes to pieces in less than a decade.

>>49272169
Nice. That works nicely on multiple levels, so I like >>49272003

With regard to Alexandria, how much of the stuff is moved to Constantine?
And I'm assuming that Alexios had been tasked with xenocides and liberations as opposed to him scooting across the galaxy without firing a shot.
>>
>>49272230
Not all of them, the wiki is decent and evolving, so I might start there.

The biggest issue that's not really directly addressed is the 'mood'. There's a view that it's the loyalists barely hanging on about to be crushed by chaos and they're in an even worse state than the OU. There's another that everyone is having a terrible time of it, traitors and loyalists alike are disunited and going nuts. There's also a view that smaller, more centralized domains would actually make for better supplied and organized armies, meaning that while smaller, the capacity for crazy and violence is actually higher per capita than the OU.

So basically, the debate is 1917/Warring States China vs 1452 vs Rome's crisis of the third century.
>>
>>49272290
I'd say the two latter plus a little of the former. It's still pretty grimdark, but it's grimdark in a more chaotic, diverse, and frequently crazy ways.
>>
>>49272290
>Rome's crisis of the third century.
This is how I've always seen it. The western empire has fallen, with a powermad, patricidal visigoth on the throne. The easterm empire is ruled by fractious, zealous, xenophobic feudal states who bicker amongst each other.

Just like real life, but with space elves and cool swords.
>>
>>49272290
>>49272356
Good idea, lets crunch that out now.

I like the idea of essentially being 5 minutes past midnight.

Everything is not only falling apart, but has fallen apart. Its now about trying to duck-tape things back together while simultaneously trying to fend of literal armies of demons who now more easily can come into the material universe.

Like xun says, the states are weaker, but also consolidated, removing a certain degree of threat from within, however being smaller the threats from without are even more present and influential. This means that technology levels are slightly better than OU but resources are so scarce that they can't really take too much advantage of it.

Warp travel is even MORE risky, the only hope being the beacons, meaning communication and travel is also harder. Not impossible, but undertaken less and often more slowly.

The setting is typical 40k grimdark, if not a bit worse. The loyalist saving grace comes in two forms.

the first, the fire wall.
the second, the fact that the Warmaster for all his brilliance is attempting to maintain some semblance of a empire. Which means he has to devote resources to maintaining the balance of power among the traitors, keeping them inline.

But yeah. the way I see the setting can be summed up by

>Chaos finally won, now what?
>>
File: homeworlds.png (3MB, 1398x1398px) Image search: [Google]
homeworlds.png
3MB, 1398x1398px
>>49268797
WIP map
>>
File: WIP+.png (4MB, 1398x1398px) Image search: [Google]
WIP+.png
4MB, 1398x1398px
>>49273206
I like it

I added Ravenloft, which was the closest thing to a home planet for the Hawks. It was a space station / artificial planet Raydon was having built during the great crusade.

Its hard to articulate my idea for it, imagery im looking to evoke is a small Death Star or actually better yet, Knowhere from guardians of the galaxy.
>>
File: Spacecolony3edit.jpg (6MB, 5732x4515px) Image search: [Google]
Spacecolony3edit.jpg
6MB, 5732x4515px
>>49273408
>space station / artificial planet
> small Death Star

Like a Dyson Sphere or an O'Neill cylinder? A world where the ground is all around you and the sky is in the center of everything could be pretty damn in character for the Warhawks.
>>
File: dyson-sphere-artist-2.jpg (975KB, 1400x788px) Image search: [Google]
dyson-sphere-artist-2.jpg
975KB, 1400x788px
>>49273623
Yeah, I didn't know what those things were but yes.

Pretty much a spherical version of the cylinder. I hadn't thought about it harnessing the power of a star, and I think that's probably outside the technology level of the time.

Pic related what I was thinking.

It would also be open to allow vessels to fly into it, for repairs / fitting etc.
>>
>>49272290
>>49272230
Alright, I've taken a look at the wiki page and given this and the previous thread a quick overview.

I'm at work right now, but I'll share some thoughts and ideas when I'm done.
>>
>>49266530
Forge space is all wrong there, taris sinister (taris ultra) is the main world the fists rally around
>>49271925
Marcus being found really early is part of his lore, i was after raydon making me 3rd before we slotted faustus in. It connects to the whole mechanicum finding me before emps thing, also i kinda gave up but there was a thing about Marcus crafting gifts for everyone as they get found
>>49273206
>>49273408
thanks for including sinister guys
>>
>>49273408
Where's the maelstrom? I ask because it looks like you've moved the firewall east past it and the 2nd crusade takes the maelstrom zone.
>>
>>49273206
>>49273408
Looking good. I think the Firewall should be adjusted a little west, there are a few campaigns mentioned that might be much less plausible. I think the southern end should taper off into the Segmentum Tempestus slightly.

We may want to make planet markers a little smaller, too. The map may become pretty cluttered if we add more stuff with planet indicators remaining this size. That's stuff that can be done later when we get everything set down, though.
>>
so when this shit finally dies I assume one of you will immediately start another shitty alternative 40k thread. I wish this was lumped with quests because honestly its less creative
>>
>>49278820
I'm not sure Luna needs to be on the map.
>>
>>49272356
>>49272435
>>49272443
Personally im a fan of the idea that 10,000 years of what is basically a siege has given the loyalists a bit of time to regroup. The catch is that where the constant war in 40k results in the slow loss of everything, the OU sends it all straight to the front. The battlefield is more horrific than it was 10,000 years ago. The states are more organized--by nessecity-- the horrific inefficiency of the Imperium is much rarer here, but the constant threat of chaos means that this efficiency only makes things worse.

I'm also a fan of the idea that the Fists have been doing their best and it's paying off, they're actually succeeding in replacing the lost technology after 10,000 years of work.
When the front goes mobile, the galaxy will burn.
>>
Anyone here?
>>
File: bloodhound dude.png (1006KB, 576x768px) Image search: [Google]
bloodhound dude.png
1006KB, 576x768px
>>49278836
Pretty much exactly what happened last time. I dunno about you but I'm enjoying it.

>>49281489
About to go watch a locally produced musical adaptation of the star trek episode Amok Time, but I'm here for now.

Current writefag project: POV of a guardsman or lucifer black serving with the Eyes of the Warmaster early in the crusade.

Current map project: Gonna do a second draft of >>49273408
with smaller planets

Current painting project: trying to decide what color this dude's horns should be and trying to decide if my paints were too thick and I should just start over fresh. I wish I had an airbrush.
>>
File: Knight.jpg (145KB, 1280x792px) Image search: [Google]
Knight.jpg
145KB, 1280x792px
Actually, given the difficulty in navigation, does the Imperium start using Alcubierre drive? The Tau definitely have it, but the Imperium historically didn't make much use of it because it was far slower than Gellar Field Warp Drive. You might liken it to Transwarp/Subspace vs regular Warp in Star Trek.
Anyways, given the shorter distances that need to be covered, might they resort to a slower, more reliable, more archaic technology.

Also, pic related happened. In my defense, I went in halfsies on a Knight Renegade box and he got the gatling gun. And I wanted the knight to be in a different palate from the other stuff I had...

>>49281761
I what? That... Incredible. I hope there's a song during the fight scene with the Lirpa.
>>
>>49281878
>Actually, given the difficulty in navigation, does the Imperium start using Alcubierre drive? The Tau definitely have it, but the Imperium historically didn't make much use of it because it was far slower than Gellar Field Warp Drive. You might liken it to Transwarp/Subspace vs regular Warp in Star Trek.
>Anyways, given the shorter distances that need to be covered, might they resort to a slower, more reliable, more archaic technology.
Could be a major factor in why the Tau Question is so hard to answer and why the XIIth crusade starts. People want that dank Tau tech so they don't have to rely on the beacons as much.
>>
>>49281878
I'm not sure the Tau have an Alcubierre drive. IIRC they use short 'skimming' Warp jumps.

Necrons are the only things with a spatial distortion drive along the lines of Alcubierre's concept.

Still, the Tau method is way safer, if slower.
>>
File: download.gif (187KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
download.gif
187KB, 500x500px
>>49281878
>I what? That... Incredible. I hope there's a song during the fight scene with the Lirpa.

Oregon is a magical place. Shit like this happens on the regular.
>>
>>49282274
Oh, whoops. The Nids do it, though, right?

Anyways, I'm figuring that given they have gravitic manipulation technologies like grav guns and hover-tanks, Alcubierre drive should be pretty easy to build, an archaic and primitive technology compared to Gellar Field Warp Drive.
The big issue, I think would be refitting the starships, with the major issue being in tuning it on the scales required to move a 16km long star ship.

Then they find the Tau, who have ships designed around the drive from the ground up and find that they're smaller, less powerful, but faster than the equivalent Imperial drive.

Sound decent?
>>
>>49282614
Nids just patiently float between stars because they're not sentient enough to get bored. They come from literally another galaxy.

Personally I think negating the difficulty of warp travel is kind of counter to the setting's intentions. We WANT it do be difficult to get around.
>>
>>49282614
Nids have something similar I think. It changes from edition to edition.

Apparently the grav tech in the Imperium isn't powerful or sophisticated enough to work on that level. I think it's implied that the Dark Age humans gave up on it due to power constraints, favouring the much less demanding Warp drive. The immaterium wasn't as chaotic then so it wasn't necessarily much more dangerous, and there are probably very few artifacts left that would feature an Alcubierre drive for people to copy.

We could retcon the Tau to have developed them, or just go with their slower but much safer Warp skimming tech as the desired technology.
>>
Efficient Alcubierre or inertialess drives could be something Archeotects use to seduce border systems into supplication and zip around known Warp routes.
>>
>>49282795
I'm pretty sure the Nids have some sort of gravitic drive. And the Alcubierre would be really slow, decades of travel.

>>49282865
Ah, makes sense.
>>
>>49281878
>>49281929
>>49282274
>>49282614
>>49282795
>>49282865
>>49282938
>>49282961
I think this works best as something the crusader states are/have been SEEKING, rather than something that they HAVE. A reliable means of travel without having to use the warp would be a powerful advantage for any of the remaining human polities. Archaotect Alcubierre drives, Tau skimming, Necrontyr void tech, the Webway, all of these are things the crusader states seek to master, but also things they seek to PREVENT each other from mastering.

For example, the Sky Serpents might send infiltration teams to Tau space during the XIIth crusade, trying to recover any data they can on tau ships before Tau and Tau'n get the ol exterminatus, as well as scrubbing any of that data so the Paladins and Angels can't recover it.
>>
>>49283051
I agree with all of this. The Imperium factions (both Chaos and Loyalist) should be limited in this way. It's a fundamental part of the setting.

Still, I'm sure we can think something that sounds more weird and exotic than Alcubierre or inertialess drives for Archeotects.

Degeneracy drives? Foldspace reactors? Blegh.
>>
>>49280168
>The states are more organized
Yes but
>inefficiency of the Imperium is much rarer
Sort of

The way I see it, each faction is more well organisaed, however they are no longer united to the red tape effect is still very present and debilitating, because while individually they might be organised trying to coordinate multiple factions is much harder if that makes snese?

>>49276048
Sorry fist bro, how does it sound to be after Alexios, or do you want to be before him. I totally forgot you were originally no.3

>>49282795
I concur, if its introduced it should be as a factions endgoal - something they work towards not something they have.

>>49283051
Ha. Exactly.
>>
>>49283162
New factions should try and stay in line with OU limitations. Its a slippery slope to just make up new factions and give them toys that no-one else could handle.

It also leaves you with a superpowerful faction that should by all rights conquer everyone before dinner.
>>
>>49283051
>Sky Serpents sending infiltration teams into Tau space or capturing Tau vessels for study

I think you must be confused. The Jade Empire is not participating in the conflict between the Angels of Light and Paladins of Kor. We wish a swift end to hostilities.
The Jade Empire offers compliant Xenos protectorate status in accordance with the original dictates of the Emperor's crusade, a right ratified at the Council of Titans. Said Xenos are entitled to bring with them their property. It is right and proper that the Jade Empire offer them this because their homes are currently your battleground.
Pursuant to your inquiry about raids occuring on the outskirts of your systems and the current Damocles Gulf warzone, it is believed that these are the acts of pirates, perhaps one and the same as the ones that raided several of our worlds last year. Because those pirates took refuge in Imperium Minorum Space, I can only conclude that they are hiding there again. We will share anything we find with you, of course, but we respect your territory too much to intrude in the prosecution of these pirates, thus we will leave it to you to track down the corsair havens in your territory.
>>
>>49283193
Necrons have inertialess drives though, and so do Tyranids depending on the edition.

40K space folding tech did exist in the Dark Age. It just had other limitations different from Warp drives, which made Warp stuff more efficient back when the immaterium was calmer.

I personally think Alcubierre drives should be safer and possibly faster but have to hop between gravity wells. They'd have to avoid passing by too many large gravity sources per jump or risk getting pulled off course and stuck in FTL state forever.
>>
>>49283230
>compliant Xenos protectorate status
GOD DAMN KORS HERESY IS SPREADING
>>
>>49283305
Truly, we are the only pure remnants of the Old Imperium.
>>
>>49283290
Or they might end up popping out of their jump millions of lightyears off course, maybe even so far outside the known galaxy that they have no means of orientating themselves or realistically making it back.

Or they exit the jump inside whatever stellar phenomenon pulled when off course and either burn up in an especially high gravity star or are lost to a black hole.
>>
>>49283290
That sounds pretty good to me.

>>49283305
>>49283327
>not offering compliant xenos protectorate status
It's like you're not dedicated to the ideals of the great crusade or something.
Do you even praise the Emperor?
>>
File: bs_reaction.gif (2MB, 399x227px) Image search: [Google]
bs_reaction.gif
2MB, 399x227px
>>49283230
I can actually imagine Xun trying to give a speech like this to Raydon. I imagine his response would be pic related

>>49283375
> His great plan to ensure human domination of the Milky Way Galaxy,
> threats to its existence embodied by Chaos, myriad xenos races

Praise the Emperor?
> accept the Imperial Truth

I can't think of a single Xeno race that 'accepted' Imperial Compliance. I guess any planet not Terra would technically be Xeno, but all humans as well.
>>
>>49283443
Jokearo?

I think it's implied that compliants existed, they just weren't worth detailing.
>>
>>49283925
>Jokearo
Fair, I had forgotten about them.
>>
>>49283051
>>49283162
there was a thing where the fists are certain that Marcus knew how to build a machine that would free them of their reliance on psykers for transport but he was crippled before ever beginning the production in truth Marcus just thought it might be possible to make such a thing and has no idea where to start

>>49283166
Honestly i dont mind being pushed around a bit, i never really used those ideas as much as i should have
>>
>>49284892
I like the idea of gifts, but I think it works better to have them be given a while after the Primarch is discovered, I mean how would he know what to build each one until after they are found.

Unless they are generic gifts not something specially for their personality
>>
>>49285151
well the idea was to tie them to the stories of their finding. The storm hammers got the hammers he used to take over the castle before the emps found him(cant quite remember his story of the top of my head but it was something like that) turned into bad ass weapons
>>
>>49285236
Wait what? Engerand gets a gift from a Primarch that helps him before he meets the Emperor.

So Sinistrum finds the Primarchs before the Emperor does, and gives them gifts, and then later on the Emperor finds each of them?
>>
>>49285298
What no, the storm hammers are called that because their primarch makes a bunch of hammers and give them to his mates and storms a castle. after he takes the castle the emps shows up and brings him to the imperium. Those hammers he made, i take them and reforge them into super bad ass weapons. Dont assume im an idiot like that

and again sorry to storm hammers for probably butchering that story
>>
>>49283925
>>49284461
And in Fulgrim, they're considering making the Laer a protectorate based on earlier precedent.
>>
>>49285737
Stills sounds pretty heretical if you ask me.
>>
>>49285783
Tell you what. Next time you stop by, I'll give you some new ships that are slower in FTL, but are waaay less likely to get lost in the Warp. And you don't ask me where I got them.
>>
File: suspicious.gif (167KB, 350x270px) Image search: [Google]
suspicious.gif
167KB, 350x270px
>>49285987
>>
>>49285987
As an aside, how often would you say that Xun attempts/succeeds in jedi mind tricking his brothers into agreeing with his ideas.

If at all...

And who does it work best / worst on
>>
Star Trek musical sucked. Left after 5mins.

>>49283230
I wasn't implying they're involved in the conflict, just that they might see an opportunity and pull some espionage shit.

Also Xenos are literally subhuman and they must be purged from the galaxy. They have nothing of value to offer humanity, for they are less than we are. Our technology is better, our culture is better, our biology is better, and if you suggest otherwise you are a filthy heretic who should be purged as well.

As always, death to the Kor Protectorate.
>>
File: images (2).jpg (18KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
images (2).jpg
18KB, 300x300px
>>49286227
>you are a filthy heretic who should be purged as well.
>>
>>49285987
>implying mere Astartes, born from the weak and ignoble flesh of the Great Liar, can hope to handle such technology

Kek, where's that laughing_cyborg_bitches.jpg when you need it?
>>
>>49286170
Oh Emperor. I hadn't even considered that. I think during the crusade, he never does it, it'd be against the spirit of things, I think.
At the council of Titans, he'd probably not have dared because Malcador was there, and the risks were too much.
After that? I have a feeling that Alexios being a dick and not having any psykers at his side would just be too tempting a target to pass up on those rare occasions that they meet up face to face.
And then one you start, why not with everyone.

>>49286227
Alexios, you are far too suspicious of us. Whenever we get entangled in a conflict with you, it's always because you start it.
And Alexios, even the dumbest Ogryn may have its use. Just look at Enoch.
>>
>>49286416
>Just look at Enoch.
The right hand man of the arch traitor himself.

what a great argument for increasing tolerance.

I never thought the day would come where I agree with the old man, but hell traitors, heretics, and xeno just gotta be purged. In that order.
>>
>>49286416
>Ogryn
MUTANTS REEEEE
>>
>>49286416
>After that? I have a feeling that Alexios being a dick and not having any psykers at his side would just be too tempting a target to pass up on those rare occasions that they meet up face to face.

I've been thinking about writing about Alexios hiding in circles of silent sisters, or keeping silent sisters near him at all times, like Leman Russ does in Prospero Burns to mask himself from Magnus.
>>
>>49286503
Fine. Fine. It's just the loyalists don't have any dumb-as-a-brick primarchs. Except Kor, but I don't think Alexios would find that one funny.

And besides, Enoch is very useful to the Warmaster. I hear he never has to send his legion out anymore. He just has Enoch take the casualties and [Redacted] gets the glory.

Besides, it's not tolerance. Everyone must serve the Imperium. Even Xenos.

>>49286529
Not even giving Xun the chance, I see. (Probably prudent.)
>>
>>49286529
My biggest critism for this project so far, and this isn't a dig at you, this post reminded me of it - the proverbial straw if you will, is how everyones go-to solution is add more nulls/blanks

Like it seems like everyone and their mother has a null to protect them from the warp. Seemingly unaware of the idea of how rare they are.

In saying that, Alexios is well within his ability to gather together a group who he keeps around himself precisely because he hates psykers so would dedicate a good portion of resources to acquire them.
>>
>>49286590
>>49286590
>Not even giving Xun the chance,
Idea for a short story, Xun does exactly this to convince Alexios of doing XYZ for him or whatever.

Alexios obviously agrees, then his captains and such remark how out of character the decision is.

This starts making him think about why he would have agreed. Coming to the conclusion that he was mind controlled or otherwise affected.

From there he surrounds himself with Silent Sisters to prevent the occurrence EVER happening again.
>>
>>49286599
other than the archaeotects, who's got nulls?
>>
>>49286661
Nice.

In all seriousness though, OU Imperium does do protectorates for Xenos, on one occasion, the Black Templar extend some Xenos that protection.

Catch is that it requires the xenos to accept their new human overlords without a fight. Tau refugees are probably pliant enough.
Kroot are still likely to get purged, though.
>>
>>49286661
Slight twist:

>Xun does exactly this to convince Alexios of doing XYZ for him or whatever.
>Alexios obviously agrees, then his captains and such remark how out of character the decision is.
>Xun turns to his secret blank companion
>"We must not let the enemy know their tricks do not work on us. If we do, they will seek out new tricks."
>>
>>49286741
I'm assuming the Silent Sister descendant organization has a bunch of them since they were entirely made up of nulls.
>>
>>49286829
>Silent Sister descendant organization
you mean the Silent Sisters? They stick around.
>>
>>49286784
but how would psychic abilities work with nulls in close proximity?
>>
>>49286934
idk it just reminded me of the British in WWII when they had to let v2 strikes succeed even though they knew they were coming because reacting to them would reveal that they had invented RADAR.
>>
>>49286988
I like the idea if we can make it a bit less clunky.
Also, why is Xun the one making that comment? Or is Xun still doing jedi mind tricks to keep Alexios from figuring out he knows that Alexios has a system to prevent that?
>>
>>49286988
I'm pretty sure the Germans knew the Brits had radar by the time the V2 was deployed. You've probably thinking of letting Coventry be bombed so the Germans wouldn't know the Brits had cracked ENIGMA.
>>
>>49286988
That is a cool concept, we should find a way to throw it in.

Maybe someone develops a psi-auspex, that shows when psykers are using their abilities close by. So Xun tries it, Alexios knows he is, but cant call the sisters because that would reveal his invention/technology
>>
>>49287148
What? No, Alexios says that. The mind trick doesn't work because of the Null, but he pretends it does so as not to reveal he has nulls.
>>
>>49287206
That's an idea!

Xun mind reads Alexios, finds out about some dodgy XYZ, but can't act to stop it, as he knows (through mind reading) only Alexios and say 1 other know about it. So he fears Alexios would deduce that he is being mind raped occasionally.

Which he does anyway and counters with the silent sisters.
>>
>>49287206
probably thinking of letting Coventry be bombed so the Germans wouldn't know the Brits had cracked ENIGMA.
Yes I am, thank you.
>>
>>49287148
>>49287241
>>Xun turns to his secret blank companion

mfw I wrote Xun and not Alexios
>>
>>49287278
mfw you don't have a face
>>
>>49287246
This idea, I like too-- Xun let's whatever it is happen to protect his information source.
>>
Discussion Prompt:

Which of these legions do you personally like the most, which is the 'coolest', 'best', most flavourful, and/or most thoroughly thought-out.

Which is the opposite.
>>
>>49287599
I think i like ironhearts the most. Something about a legion of evil tech marines appeals to me.

Least would have to be bloodhounds. Just because i dont really see a difference between them and world eaters. In saying, i do like thier primarch though.

Aodhan is also pretty awesome actually.
>>
>>49287671
Correction: warp raiders and oramar replace bloodhounds.
>>
>>49287599
I like the paladins just because of how noble bright they try to be in the 40k universe.

I also really like enoch.
>>
>>49287689
You mean you have a hard time telling the difference between the Warp Raiders and World Eaters?
>>
>>49288145
No, that the Bloodhounds are a notch above the Warp Raiders in my mind.

One reason being that I always seem to forget abiut them. I get how they work as a plot device but i dont like the theme/name of them. Of course thats just my opinions and im not saying they are bad. Just not my cup of tea.
>>
File: HdWztIH.jpg (867KB, 1181x836px) Image search: [Google]
HdWztIH.jpg
867KB, 1181x836px
>>49287599
Eyes of the Warmaster are an awesome and interesting concept and I think they're one of the core reasons this setting turned out so cool.

The Void Lords are literally Night Lords.
>>
>>49287671
>Just because i dont really see a difference between them and world eaters

The differences are subtle and cosmetic, I admit, but there's not a whole lot of wiggleroom in being the chosen of Khorne. I tried to make them as unique as I could without just making them different for difference's sake, but I've also always treated them as sort of a simplistic token khornate legion.

>>49288493
Would it help if the Warp Raiders were a bit more involved somehow so you didn't forget about them?
>>
>>49288563
Yeah, it's pretty hard to keep your individuality once Khorne takes you, unfortunately.

>>49288541
Really? Even with their liberation through fear and beast totems?
>>
>>49288563
>Warp Raiders were a bit more involved somehow

It might? I think its mostly because I think of them as a plot device ala Legion of the Damned.

And Oramar just seems 'meh' to me. I don't really understand his character. But these are not faults of the Legion necessarily and very possibly issues with me and how I read them.
>>
>>49288603
>Really? Even with their liberation through fear and beast totems?
Just like with the Bloodhounds, it feels like a cosmetic difference to me. Thematically, tactically, they're pretty much the same. Even their paint scheme is literally the same.
>>
>>49288655
>literally Nightlords

Could be worse, I always did like them the most of the traitor legions.

>IN MIDNIGHT CLAD!
>>
>>49288655
Well, let's rework that color scheme, then. Though I'd argue that the soul of the legion is different. For the Night Lords, fear is either a part of their sadism or their obsession with justice. For the Void Lords, it's a deeply philosophical issue. Fear is the path to enlightenment. They're here to lead you to salvation.

>>49288670
That too is true.

Also, on a side note, I'm looking at the distribution of forgeworlds in codecies and it might be useful to list out some of the forges in each domain and how they interact with the crusader states and the Fists, as well as doing likewise during the heresy/for the traitors so we get an idea of hellforges.
>>
>>49288719
For example, I'm thinking the Sky Serpents get along great with the Tiger Eyes of Incaladion, but a world like Anvilius is too valuable and critically located to allow any one legion to have supremacy there, so perhaps that has a weird joint administration.
Stuff like that,
It also helps us figure out what we have and what is lost in the Exodus, as well as giving us seams for conflict, since at the moment it looks like the big rivalry is Jade Empire Minorum and Minorum Protectorate.
Fists are more likely to have a problem with a forgeworld and only get pissed at a legion when the forgeworld runs to them for protection.
Storm Hammers and Vigil seem like they're too busy defending to worry about competition.
Really it makes sense that Alexios and Kor would be the ones to start trouble since they're furthest from the front.
>>
>>49288719
That's a good idea, I'll think up some names for forge worlds in the Vigil.
>>
File: 1472095363498.jpg (333KB, 1280x1526px) Image search: [Google]
1472095363498.jpg
333KB, 1280x1526px
>>49288888
Check 'em, boys.
>>
Thread bump limit prompt:

What should the next thread's edition be
>>
>>49289039
Map Edition.
>>
>>49289039
Unique units.

Every canon legion seems to have a specialist unit.

From Terror Squads to Reaver Squads to Justerion Terminators etc etc.

Whats is each Legions unique unit. And how would you represent them in the table top.
>>
>>49289322
I like this.

New thread soon fellow posters.
>>
>>49289435
>>49289454
>>49289454
>>49289454
Thread posts: 345
Thread images: 52

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.